Torment

The continuing adventures of an arrogant elf, and the masochists who join him on his fools errands.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 372
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Torment

Post by Barracuda »

Perception: 1d100: [40] = 40 /43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20 / 1d100: [54] = 54
Conditions
[*]Sustain | BOM 109 | 13.5 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
Barracuda relaxes onboard the APC as it makes its way to Carbondale. Having spent most of his time helping civilians survive physically and spiritually, he takes some time for himself to recharge. A snack, a salvaged soda and his imagination allow him to rest and release some of the tension he's built up.

When Ronith lays out his plans for striking out at the renegades, Barracuda smiles and cracks his knuckles. "You set em up and we'll knock em down, bossman."
Weiss wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:38 pm "Okay, with NEMA forces, they've been using Glitter Boys. Best way to disable their firepower is to disable the stabilising pylons they deploy. If they operate the same as our time, the safety cutout will prevent the Boom Guns being used. If they override this, they will end up being a danger to themselves and their own side."
"Those come from the legs, right? I don't know how useful it will be, but I can short out the electrical components of those. Maybe it'll freeze them in place and limit their mobility so we can strike. Or maybe it will cause them to retract. Either way feels like a win to me."
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
Ledger
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 459
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Torment

Post by Grant Latham »

New Perception: 78% vs 1d100: [51] = 51
JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20 , 1d100: [38] = 38
Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • Sense Ley Line: 89%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 99%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 150mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 97/97
  • I.S.P.: 92/94
  • P.P.E.: 656/656
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 8 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 25 PPE| 400.00 min | 50 mph, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge +2 Damage diving attack.
  • Energy Sphere | 120 PPE | BOM 120 | 38 days | 1000 P.P.E./500 M.D.C.
  • Infrared Vision | MA 9 | 2 PPE | 40 min | 2000' |See through 4" S.D.C. .5" light M.D.C. material. 1" dirt. 1' water or heavy M.D.C.
  • Invisibility to Sensors | MA 15 | 20 PPE | 40.00 min
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 60.00 min | 250 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy
  • Ley Line Storm Defense | 90 PPE | BOM 142 | 200' Diameter | 100 min
  • Mystic Invisibility | MA 17 | 25 PPE | 40.00 min
  • Nightvision | MA 9 | 4 PPE | 58.00 min | 3600' in non magical darkness
  • See the Invisible | BOM 92 | 4 PPE | 20 min | 1200'
  • Sense Evil | BOM 92 | 2 PPE | 40 min | 270' radius

* Not worrying about tracking PPE costs since nexus rules are in effect
** Recasting magical defenses as needed since nexus rules are in effect

The Lord Magi is not surprised at the skepticism of some of these people. When they leave, he reminds the others. "Talent is a starting point, but not enough, belief is key. Belief that you have the ability to assert your will upon reality. You must immure yourself vs doubt. Each of you have your own strengths and weaknesses, so the fact that one person can do something and another can not should trouble you. You each have the gift. Each success that you have is like a soft breath on an ember. With practice, you will be able to kindle the ember into a fire."

...

Grant could theoretically sneak down to this DOT building, but he could not apply the same magic to everyone, so he lets the military types discuss how best to approach, identifying ideas that he would be able to support or augment with magic.

Weiss wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:38 pm "Okay, with NEMA forces, they've been using Glitter Boys. Best way to disable their firepower is to disable the stabilising pylons they deploy. If they operate the same as our time, the safety cutout will prevent the Boom Guns being used. If they override this, they will end up being a danger to themselves and their own side."
“Corwin” wrote: "Those come from the legs, right? I don't know how useful it will be, but I can short out the electrical components of those. Maybe it'll freeze them in place and limit their mobility so we can strike. Or maybe it will cause them to retract. Either way feels like a win to me."
If we are close enough to disable these pylons, how many shots will they have been able to fire before we get there. I would suspect that if they don't care about the buildings, it won't matter if we are hiding behind one if they can detect us. They will cut through these buildings like a hot knife through butter.

"To target these pylons, we'd have to get behind them correct? Are they external to the leg so they can be be disabled with a well placed shot? Corwin, how close do you think you'd need to be to be able to disable them?" An idea occurs to him, "Should we attempt to draw them out? And have a force concealed until they move past them so Corwin can use his ability?"

The mage pursues a different line of thought. "Major Washington has indicated that she has captured a few of these people. I know some magic that would make compel them to answer questions about what lies ahead of us. If you recall, I had used it successfully on Ms. Whyne back at the Heroes Haven."
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record
Info
M.D.C.: 97/[color=#FF00000]97[/color] • P.P.E.: 656/656 • I.S.P.: 94/94 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 89% | 100mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 99% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 1500mi • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Keiko
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

Re: Torment

Post by Keiko »

Perception: 1d100: [92] = 92 /36%
JIC: 1d20: [1] = 1 ; 1d100: [82] = 82
Active Effects
  • Dimensional Attenuation: 110 Miles
  • Excellent hearing and smell
  • Sixth Sense
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.

Keiko looks around at the ghost town, Looks these people cleared out in a hurry. Also looks like the vultures descended quickly here as well. Shot in the back...At least it was fast. Looks like they don't like non-humans...That's no surprise. Given what is going on. The elf didn't stand a chance. Likely brought here against their will, like me. I guess I got lucky.
Keiko moves around the foot prints near the corpse trying to see if she can track where the aggressors headed.

Tracking: People-- 1d100: [98] = 98 /55% (To track the people who killed the elf)
Tracking: People-- 1d100: [89] = 89 /55% (To track anyone else in the area)

Keiko frowns at all the tracks, "Damn. Too much activity to really see where anyone has gone. Oh well. We are still heading for the Dot building Yes?" Keiko speaks to no one in particular.

Keiko listens to the radio chatter and the discussion of hampering the Glitter Boys should they come across them. All good ideas. Not much for me to contribute to that conversation. Keep listening. Hopefully we get moving soon. This place gives me the creeps. Keiko will stay near Jack and Ash during the search as to not get left behind accidentally.
Keiko

P.P.E.: 110/110
I.S.P.: 35/35
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 86/86
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
Helmet - 40/40
Left Arm 20/20
Right Arm 20/20
Right Leg 30/30
Left Leg 30/30
Main Body - 60/60
Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
Posts: 580
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Torment

Post by Ronith »

JIC: 1d20: [12] = 12 , 1d100: [2] = 2
PER: 1d100: [18] = 18 vs. 94% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)
Conditions
  • Shadow meld: 10m00s, can hide in shadows 5+ ft tall, +15% to prowl, attackers -5 to hit.
  • Extended presence sense: 24m00s, 92% skill, 80ft. range, can pinpoint exact number and location of all sentient beings.
Presence sense: 1d100: [50] = 50 vs. 92%
To detect/locate all hostiles.
Prowl: 1d100: [3] = 3 vs. 111%
To ambush the bandits.

The plan comes together easily enough. When it comes time for Ronith to dispose of the other mercenaries that came through time with them, he addresses the commander of Gallows 12 first. ”Commander, I would like you to keep the majority of your armored vehicles with the convoy. Get the civilians to safety within the NEMAn base, then turn west and attack our foes in the rear. However, I would like to detail your aerial units to the command of Last Dance for the time being.” Turning to the commander in question, he adds ”You, commander, I would like to lie in wait outside the target. Heroes for Hire will advance as stealthily as possible and lead off the attack. I want your forces in reserve to act as a sort of cavalry force, launching rapid hit-and-run attacks against their heavy units. I will endeavor to call out targets for you, however once the battle is begun in earnest you may fire at will.”
Weiss wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:38 pm"Okay, with NEMA forces, they've been using Glitter Boys. Best way to disable their firepower is to disable the stabilising pylons they deploy. If they operate the same as our time, the safety cutout will prevent the Boom Guns being used. If they override this, they will end up being a danger to themselves and their own side."
Ronith nods. ”The Glitter Boys shall be my primary target, then. I shall advance first- Weiss, you stay in the rear and try to remain hidden as long as you can. Set up appropriate firing positions, or with me for a breach into the building and some close quarters combat. We do not need to kill all of these people- disable their weapons, keep them distracted and off balance, and hold until the civilians are safe and our reinforcements arrive. Any questions?”

Once everyone is in position and ready to move on the target building, Ronith will activate shadow meld ((-10 PPE)) and extended presence sense ((-8 ISP)).
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Conditions: Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent);
Sustain | BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
Status
ISP- 83/91; PPE- 47/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
Frostfang Heals: 3/4
Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (2/3); Cleanse (3/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 459
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Torment

Post by Grant Latham »

(rolls carried)

**Invisible to Sensors, Invisible to Mystic Detection, Invisibility: Simple are active
**Can see Sir Ronith using Infrared Vision
Sir Ronith wrote:”The Glitter Boys shall be my primary target, then. I shall advance first- Weiss, you stay in the rear and try to remain hidden as long as you can. Set up appropriate firing positions, or with me for a breach into the building and some close quarters combat. We do not need to kill all of these people- disable their weapons, keep them distracted and off balance, and hold until the civilians are safe and our reinforcements arrive. Any questions?”
Against the Glitter Boys, Grant is confident that Sir Ronith can disable them swiftly and decisively without seriously injuring the pilots. But inside the building, Grant knows that the only way Sir Ronith will be able to subdue the people will be to seriously wound them such that counter attack isn't feasible.

"I will be your proverbial guardian angel, Sir Ronith," Grant says. "Flying above you invisibly and undetectable by the sensors of the Nemans. Once in the building, I will use my magic to capture and contain the renegades so we are able to keep the loss of life to a minimum."

He turns Keiko, and lifts his right hand up towards the ball of energy over his shoulder. He shifts it forward towards her, "Here, take this Energy Sphere and use it's energy as you will. It would readily give away my position if I kept it. It is durable, but not impervious to attack. I would guess, based on your aura that it holds about ten times your normal reserve."

Grant loosens his Draining Blade in it's sheathe, but does not draw it. He takes a moment to activate it's magical potential. (5 PPE for 30 minutes). Hopefully, I do not have to draw it. His memory is drawn back to a hazy recollection of fighting a Deevil Dragon in another dimension where he'd had to fight sword to claw.

Contingency Dodges/Parries(+4/+5) 10d20: [5, 8, 3, 1, 11, 10, 11, 8, 18, 14] = 89


For Keiko:

Code: Select all

[*]Energy Sphere | 120 PPE | BOM 120 | 38 days | 1000 P.P.E./500 M.D.C.
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record
Info
M.D.C.: 97/[color=#FF00000]97[/color] • P.P.E.: 656/656 • I.S.P.: 94/94 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 89% | 100mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 99% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 1500mi • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Keiko
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

Re: Torment

Post by Keiko »

**Rolls Held Over**
Active Effects
  • Dimensional Attenuation: 110 Miles
  • Excellent hearing and smell
  • Sixth Sense
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Energy Sphere | 120 PPE | BOM 120 | 38 days | 840/1000 P.P.E./500 M.D.C.
Grant wrote:He turns Keiko, and lifts his right hand up towards the ball of energy over his shoulder. He shifts it forward towards her, "Here, take this Energy Sphere and use it's energy as you will. It would readily give away my position if I kept it. It is durable, but not impervious to attack. I would guess, based on your aura that it holds about ten times your normal reserve."

Keiko looks back to Grant as he giver her the Energy Sphere, and smiles warmly to the mage, "Hehe, you know I do enjoy playing with shiny round objects." Keiko's tail swishes back and forth, "I may not be able to focus on the fight ahead." She shoots Grant a mischievous grin. "Still. Thank you. I'll make sure to put it to good use...Speaking of which. Here. In exchange for for the sphere." Keiko, still smiling like she's just barely keeping in a secret, moves to Grant and gently places her hand on his shoulder. Keiko will finish casting Fighting Spirit just as her hand touches Grant, letting the power flow to him. Keiko moves closer to Grant and gently whispers to him, "Make sure you stay safe out there." As Keiko backs up she shoots Grant a wink and moves to the rest of the group.

Just prior to combat Keiko will cast Fighting Spirit on the rest of the H4H. "Here this should help everyone." Keiko says with a smile as she buffs the rest of H4H.
(-20 PPE per cast equals -160 PPE for all of H4H Taken from the Energy Sphere)

Code: Select all

 [*] Fighting Spirit: +2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 8 Minutes
Keiko

P.P.E.: 110/110
I.S.P.: 35/35
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 86/86
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
Helmet - 40/40
Left Arm 20/20
Right Arm 20/20
Right Leg 30/30
Left Leg 30/30
Main Body - 60/60
Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
Posts: 358
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Torment

Post by Virtus »

Conditions
Time: Day 8, 9:15am (dim light, equivalent to twilight)
Temperature: 27F
Visibility: 1000ft (haze)
Wind: 5mph out of the Northwest
Snow: 24"
Radio Traffic: heavy interference, light traffic.
Magic Use: Magic within 500ft. nexus rules in effect. Supernatural evil is detectable within 500ft and all will sense it within the scope of time.
Nexus Present within 1 mile
Open Rifts within 1 mile
Map

The team turns down a side road and stops behind a large outcropping of trees a block away. Blue Beauty ducks down to stay out of sight as much as possible. Weiss lays down an RF blanket to suppress sensors. Short range transmissions (less than 200ft) are clear, but spotty beyond 500ft and impossible beyond that. No doubt they know something is doing it, just not what. Before doing so, he can see some weak signals inside the maintenance bay that he thinks is likely glitterboys. The metal structure is making it hard to get fine details from the interior.

Grant and Keiko use magic for flight and can spot the rooftop watchmen and the guards at ground level at the south end as they move to engage. No doubt there are many armed inside the building with so few outside.

Ronith engages shadow meld and extended presence sense. His presence sense confirms that there are a large number of humanoids inside the building... some even with magic.
User avatar
Keiko
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

Re: Torment

Post by Keiko »

Perception: 1d100: [36] = 36 /36%
JIC: 1d20: [18] = 18 ; 1d100: [30] = 30
Active Effects
  • Dimensional Attenuation: 110 Miles
  • Excellent hearing and smell
  • Sixth Sense
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fighting Spirit: +2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 16 Minutes
  • Energy Sphere | 120 PPE | BOM 120 | 38 days | 684 P.P.E./500 M.D.C.
  • Invisibility: Simple | BOM 97 | Duration: 24 minutes
  • AOI from Armor | MDC: 50/50
This is about to get fun...Too bad they want to do this that hard way. Minimal casualties. Well not my specialty, but a good challenge. Well lets get this show on the road. Keiko Speaks to Grant one last time before the fight gets underway. "I'll take the far one. I just need to to buy me a few seconds and I can freeze both in time for about 2 minutes. Don't keep a girl waiting." Keiko smiles and winks at Grant as her last sentence is said in a sing song voice. Then she activates the AOI from her armor (-10 PPE from Energy Sphere) and makes herself invisible (-6 PPE from the Energy Sphere). Keiko will position her self 75' from the Western Roof guard. She hits the Eastern guard with Deaden senses to help Grant distract him. She then will cast Stop time on the Western guard. Keiko then moves to 75' of the Eastern guard and casts Stop Time again on him. Having done this Keiko will radio the others. "Rooftop secure. You have two minutes."

Keiko smiles at Grant. "Too easy. I'm going to drop in from above. Walls don't mean much to me."Keiko flashes Grant a wicked smile as she sets herself on the roof above the personnel closest to the rooftop guards.


Combat:
*Invisible
*Fighting Spirit
*AOI: 50/50
*See the Invisible

APM: 8
Init: 1d20+7: [3]+7 = 10

Action 1: Deaden Senses (p. 167 RUE) on East side rooftop guard. (Guard is -1 to save vs Psionics) / -4 ISP
Action 2-3: Cast Time Warp: Stop Time (p. 128 DB13) on the Western Rooftop Guard (No Save) Duration: 2 minutes/ -70 PPE from Energy Sphere
Action 4: Move into range of Eastern Rooftop Guard
Action 5-6: Cast Time Warp: Stop Time (p. 128 DB13) on the Eastern Rooftop Guard (No Save) Duration: 2 minutes/ -70 PPE from Energy Sphere
Action 7: Radio the group that the Roof is secure.
Action 8: Talk to Grant and move to the roof above the remaining Renegade forces.

Auto-Dodge: 1d20+5: [8]+5 = 13 ; 1d20+5: [19]+5 = 24 ; 1d20+5: [17]+5 = 22 ; 1d20+5: [18]+5 = 23 ; 1d20+5: [6]+5 = 11 ; 1d20+5: [6]+5 = 11 ; 1d20+5: [12]+5 = 17 ; 1d20+5: [20]+5 = 25

Contingencies:
- If Keiko's AOI goes down she will burn an action to reactivate it from her armor.
Keiko

P.P.E.: 110/110
I.S.P.: 35/35
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 86/86
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
Helmet - 40/40
Left Arm 20/20
Right Arm 20/20
Right Leg 30/30
Left Leg 30/30
Main Body - 60/60
Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
Posts: 580
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Torment

Post by Ronith »

JIC: 1d20: [1] = 1 , 1d100: [84] = 84
PER: 1d100: [61] = 61 vs. 94% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)
Conditions
  • Shadow meld: 9m00s, can hide in shadows 5+ ft tall, +15% to prowl, attackers -5 to hit.
  • Extended presence sense: 9m00s, 92% skill, 80ft. range, can pinpoint exact number and location of all sentient beings.
  • Enhanced reflexes: 24m00s, +1 APM, +2 PP [+1 s/p/d], +3 initiative, +1 strike, +2 parry/dodge, +15% on physical skills that rely on coordination or balance.
  • Fighting Spirit: +2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Duration: 8 Minutes.
  • Advanced combat awareness (applies to anyone who directs an attack at Ronith): +2 strike and parry, +1 dodge. Opponents lose all machine-provided bonuses, -1 APM, -4 strike Ronith, -2 to dodge Ronith’s attacks.
  • Cloud sensors (applies to RPA pilots): Inexperienced operators (levels 1-3) cannot use sensors at all, lose two attacks every time they try to figure out what’s going on. Experienced operators lose one attack and have a -40% penalty.
Prowl: 1d100: [37] = 37 , 1d100: [27] = 27 , 1d100: [90] = 90 vs. 126%
To ambush the bandits.
Perception (Friend or Foe): 1d100: [65] = 65 vs. 119%
Per P. 84-5 of Heroes of Humanity, immediately identify who’s hostile inside the building vs. who isn’t.
Tumbling: 1d100: [56] = 56 vs. 111%
To leap to the rooftop

Concentrating for a few moments, Ronith soon gets a decent idea of what they’re facing. The two rooftop guards represent the first problem. At least they do not know we are coming, but we cannot leave those sentries in place- they will be able to attack us if we are able to withdraw, or hinder our reinforcements. Taking every care to remain unseen and undetected, Ronith speaks softly into his armor’s radio. ”Alright. Here is the plan. There are two sentries atop the roof, at least a dozen others patrolling the interior. I also sense others, in a group that appears to be under guard. We may have civilians in the area.” Blast. That severely complicates matters. Suddenly Ronith is very glad he didn’t just order everyone to shell the building from a distance.

Back to the radio. ”We take the rooftop first. Those of us that can get up there quietly, do so- Daisuke, portal everyone else up there after to help secure the area. If we hit them fast and hard we can take the guards out before they can alert their comrades. Then, we breach the building. A fast strike, in and out- I shall head for their heavy ordinance. If there are glitter boys present, they should have a hard time firing upon me in close quarters, and with luck I can disable the stabilization systems for their boom guns quickly. The rest of you, do what damage you can- focus on their command structure and any ordinance I cannot get to. The goal is not to win a drawn-out fight, the goal is to hit them hard, disorient them, and lure them outside where Weiss and the rest of our allies can hit. The more chaotic and disorganized their response is, the greater the likelihood that we will be able to keep any damage away from the civilians. Barracuda, if there are prisoners inside, coordinate an evacuation with Daisuke. Get them outside and away from the building. We pull back as soon as the civilians are clear, or, if there are no prisoners left alive in there upon my order. Any questions?”

Ronith will approve of Keiko’s plan to take out the guards, but will insist upon accompanying her and Grant in case of the worst. As he waits for them to get into position, Ronith will psionically enhance his reflexes ((-10 ISP)) then, when the time comes, will jog towards the target building as fast as he can while still remaining concealed (ideally, melded with any shadows he finds). Then, he will leap to the rooftop, land with a somersault and then charge any nearby sentry that isn't incapacitated by the others. Ideally, knocking them down or otherwise incapacitating him before he can alert any allies. If need be, Ronith will summon two psi-swords and defend himself. Alternatively, if either of the guards manages to get a warning off to the rest of the renegades, Ronith will charge into the building without waiting for the rest of the team. If Keiko's temporal magic has gotten the job done, Ronith will steer clear.

Initiative: 1d20+26: [5]+26 = 31 (includes quickdraw)
APM: 11

Action 1: Tackle the nearest sentry (if Grant and Keiko have yet to neutralize them yet). 1d20+21: [7]+21 = 28 to strike, 2d6: [5, 3] = 8 MD.

Contingent psi-sword attacks:
Action 2: Strike target with psi-sword. 1d20+27: [15]+27 = 42 to strike, 8d6: [2, 2, 1, 1, 5, 3, 3, 3] = 20 MD.
Action 3: Strike target with psi-sword. 1d20+27: [1]+27 = 28 to strike (Nat 1!), 8d6: [5, 4, 2, 2, 5, 2, 5, 5] = 30 MD.
Action 4: Strike target with psi-sword. 1d20+27: [9]+27 = 36 to strike, 8d6: [4, 5, 2, 4, 3, 1, 3, 5] = 27 MD.
Action 5: Strike target with psi-sword. 1d20+27: [12]+27 = 39 to strike, 8d6: [2, 5, 1, 3, 3, 1, 1, 2] = 18 MD.
Action 6: Strike target with psi-sword. 1d20+27: [5]+27 = 32 to strike, 8d6: [1, 5, 6, 1, 5, 1, 1, 4] = 24 MD.
Action 7: Strike target with psi-sword. 1d20+27: [6]+27 = 33 to strike, 8d6: [4, 1, 4, 3, 5, 6, 3, 1] = 27 MD.
Action 8: Strike target with psi-sword. 1d20+27: [17]+27 = 44 to strike, 8d6: [6, 4, 1, 5, 6, 1, 6, 2] = 31 MD.
Action 9: Strike target with psi-sword. 1d20+27: [13]+27 = 40 to strike, 8d6: [5, 6, 4, 1, 5, 6, 6, 6] = 39 MD.
Action 10: Strike target with psi-sword. 1d20+27: [7]+27 = 34 to strike, 8d6: [1, 5, 2, 2, 2, 5, 3, 2] = 22 MD.
Action 11: Strike target with psi-sword. 1d20+27: [19]+27 = 46 to strike, 8d6: [5, 3, 5, 1, 2, 2, 5, 4] = 27 x2=54 MD.

Auto-parries: 1d20+32: [15]+32 = 47 , 1d20+32: [3]+32 = 35 , 1d20+32: [11]+32 = 43 , 1d20+32: [7]+32 = 39 , 1d20+32: [19]+32 = 51 , 1d20+32: [18]+32 = 50 , 1d20+32: [12]+32 = 44 , 1d20+32: [12]+32 = 44 , 1d20+32: [4]+32 = 36 , 1d20+32: [16]+32 = 48 , 1d20+32: [7]+32 = 39

Auto-dodges (additional +6 vs. two primary opponents): 1d20+15: [1]+15 = 16 , 1d20+15: [17]+15 = 32 , 1d20+15: [14]+15 = 29 , 1d20+15: [2]+15 = 17 , 1d20+15: [9]+15 = 24 , 1d20+15: [12]+15 = 27 , 1d20+15: [15]+15 = 30 , 1d20+15: [17]+15 = 32 , 1d20+15: [4]+15 = 19 , 1d20+15: [8]+15 = 23 , 1d20+15: [9]+15 = 24
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Conditions: Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent);
Sustain | BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
Status
ISP- 83/91; PPE- 47/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
Frostfang Heals: 3/4
Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (2/3); Cleanse (3/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 459
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Torment

Post by Grant Latham »

New Perception: 78% vs 1d100: [13] = 13
JIC: 1d20: [12] = 12 , 1d100: [80] = 80
Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • Sense Ley Line: 89%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 99%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 150mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 97/97
  • I.S.P.: 92/94
  • P.P.E.: 656/656
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 8 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 25 PPE| 400.00 min | 50 mph, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge +2 Damage diving attack.
  • Energy Sphere | 120 PPE | BOM 120 | 38 days | 1000 P.P.E./500 M.D.C.
  • Fighting Spirit: +2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 8 Minutes
  • Infrared Vision | MA 9 | 2 PPE | 40 min | 2000' |See through 4" S.D.C. .5" light M.D.C. material. 1" dirt. 1' water or heavy M.D.C.
  • Invisibility to Sensors | MA 15 | 20 PPE | 40.00 min
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 60.00 min | 250 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy
  • Ley Line Storm Defense | 90 PPE | BOM 142 | 200' Diameter | 100 min
  • Mystic Invisibility | MA 17 | 25 PPE | 40.00 min
  • Nightvision | MA 9 | 4 PPE | 58.00 min | 3600' in non magical darkness
  • See the Invisible | BOM 92 | 4 PPE | 20 min | 1200'
  • Sense Evil | BOM 92 | 2 PPE | 40 min | 270' radius
To Sir Ronith, he says over the radio, "I don't think we should all approach from the same direction. Daisuke can enter from any point, I'd have him, Ashlynn, and Jack enter on one of the lower floors once we breach the roof. If there are Glitter Boys inside the building, they won't be on the upper floors and having to navigate the building will allow them time to exit." Or fire indiscriminately through the building, Grant adds mentally.

The mage moves into position listening to Keiko's idea. His desire to see temporal magic trumping the more cautious solution that he take lead with the roof top guards. Freeze in time? Ah yes, Keiko has studied temporal magic. "Yes, go ahead, you will need to be quick, the Energy Sphere isn't exactly covert." Grant cocooned in his magical defenses, floats invisibly up to the room at a different angle than Keiko ready to intervene if she is spotted.

If the guard notices her action, from his position, he casts Magic Net (BOM 101 | 7 PPE | 240' | 5' r can catch multiple people if grouped together | Dodge 16 or higher | 12 min | 2 rounds to cut with M.D. weapons, those caught are helpless.)

Otherwise, Grant watches Keiko as she casts her magic, listening for the combination of the words of power within the distractive words of her incantation. He's not expecting to figure out, but he is 'savoring' the different type of magic.

With the guards disabled, Grant casts Mystic Portal (BOM 135 | 20 PPE | 80' | 10' x 20' door | 20 min) onto the roof so he can look down into the next floor. He examines the room below for guards or hostages. He examines everyone he sees for magic. When he's ready to proceed, he casts Invulnerability upon himself and descend into the room. He will cast magic net at any guards he sees. He looks over the room with his '3rd eye' to see the presence of magic or high PPE.

If the sneakiness allows them the time and they have captured people, he'll interrogate them using Charm (BOM 104 | 12 PPE | 60' | Save vs Magic 15 | 20 min | Will believe/trust caster, want to help and tell the truth.)
  • How many of them are there?
  • What types of weapons, armor/power armor/robots do they have.
  • Are there hostages?
  • What do they want?
  • Who is their leader?
  • What does he look like?
  • Where is everyone in the building?
  • Where is the leader?
Combat Contingency

APM: 12 (13 with magic) (-1 to view magic with his '3rd eye')
Initiative: 1d20+7: [20]+7 = 27
  1. Cast Magic Net at closest roof top guard if missed by the Stop Time spell
  2. Cast Magic Net at further roof top guard if missed by the Stop Time spell
  3. Cast Magic Net again if first attempt missed if missed by the Stop Time spell
  4. Fly to roof top.
  5. Cast Mystic Portal on to roof to look down.
  6. Evaluate the scene
  7. Begin Casting Invulnerability
  8. Finish Casting Invulnerability
  9. Descend into the next floor
  10. Magic Net or Strike with Draining Blade - Strike: 1d20+11: [10]+11 = 21 , Damage: 4d6: [1, 5, 1, 1] = 8 M.D. (plus Life Drain on failed magic save vs 13)
  11. Magic Net or Strike with Draining Blade - Strike: 1d20+11: [14]+11 = 25 , Damage: 4d6: [4, 1, 2, 6] = 13 M.D. (plus Life Drain on failed magic save vs 13)
  12. Magic Net or Strike with Draining Blade - Strike: 1d20+11: [11]+11 = 22 , Damage: 4d6: [6, 6, 3, 6] = 21 M.D. (plus Life Drain on failed magic save vs 13)
Parry/Dodge(+11/+6): 12d20: [4, 16, 1, 4, 1, 8, 18, 15, 12, 10, 8, 16] = 113

Every time the target is hit, they must save vs magic or suffer a Life Drain, as per the 7th level spell. A failed save means the victim loses half his hit points and S.D.C., plus speed is reduced by half, the character loses one melee attack, and suffers -10% on skill performance. This attack will affect targets in body armor or power armor, but not anything bigger. M.D. creatures only suffer the 4D6 M.D. The weakness will last for 10 melee rounds, after which the victim begins to regain their hit points and S.D.C. as is normal for their healing ability.
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record
Info
M.D.C.: 97/[color=#FF00000]97[/color] • P.P.E.: 656/656 • I.S.P.: 94/94 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 89% | 100mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 99% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 1500mi • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Ashlynn
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Torment

Post by Ashlynn »

Perception: 79% /84% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100: [35] = 35 (SUCCESS)

JIC: 1d20: [11] = 11
JIC: 1d100: [42] = 42

Conditions:
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 13.5 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fighting Spirit: +2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 8 Minutes
Weiss wrote:"I'd give you a nudge back, but that'd end pretty badly..."
Ashlynn chuckles. "Nah... I bounce, remember?"

She listens as the others discuss how to eliminate the leg pylons no a glitter Boy. I ain't never had to fight a Glitter Boy before... Pangur Ban always said they were bad news, and the safest thing was to get out of range, and fast. But then... he was tryin' to protect me, not teach me how to take one out. I'll bet if I get on its back I can do all sorts o' mayhem and it won't be able to stop me.
Ronith wrote:”The Glitter Boys shall be my primary target, then. I shall advance first- Weiss, you stay in the rear and try to remain hidden as long as you can. Set up appropriate firing positions, or with me for a breach into the building and some close quarters combat. We do not need to kill all of these people- disable their weapons, keep them distracted and off balance, and hold until the civilians are safe and our reinforcements arrive. Any questions?”
Ashlynn nods. I can bouncy-bouncy the bad guys, and maybe draw the GB's attention. If the soldiers all get wrapped up, I can help distract the GB myself.

As Keiko casts Fighting Spirit on each member of the Heroes for Hire, Ashlynn grins at her - almsot wickedly. "Thanks. Is it fun time yet? I wanna have fun."

As the group approaches, Ashlynn stays toward the rear, ready to explode into action at high velocity if need be.
Ronith wrote:”We take the rooftop first. Those of us that can get up there quietly, do so- Daisuke, portal everyone else up there after to help secure the area. If we hit them fast and hard we can take the guards out before they can alert their comrades. Then, we breach the building. A fast strike, in and out- I shall head for their heavy ordinance. If there are glitter boys present, they should have a hard time firing upon me in close quarters, and with luck I can disable the stabilization systems for their boom guns quickly. The rest of you, do what damage you can- focus on their command structure and any ordinance I cannot get to. The goal is not to win a drawn-out fight, the goal is to hit them hard, disorient them, and lure them outside where Weiss and the rest of our allies can hit. The more chaotic and disorganized their response is, the greater the likelihood that we will be able to keep any damage away from the civilians. Barracuda, if there are prisoners inside, coordinate an evacuation with Daisuke. Get them outside and away from the building. We pull back as soon as the civilians are clear, or, if there are no prisoners left alive in there upon my order. Any questions?”
Grant wrote:"I don't think we should all approach from the same direction. Daisuke can enter from any point, I'd have him, Ashlynn, and Jack enter on one of the lower floors once we breach the roof. If there are Glitter Boys inside the building, they won't be on the upper floors and having to navigate the building will allow them time to exit."
Ashlynn grins and gives a thumbs-up. "Hells yeah. I'm down!"

whatever Ronith orders, Ashlynn is champing at the bit to get some action in. If I drop down from the roof level or if I portal in from the ground, it's all the same to me. Go in, bouncy-bouncy, get 'em all disoriented, and beat 'em. Just like back on the bridge. Easy-peasy lemon squeezy.

Whenever the order is given, Ashlynn charges ahead, at full bounce - attempting to bounce and slam into as many combatants as she can to keep them off their feet and off-balance (literally). If the GlitterBoy or another heavy hitter targets her with ranged fire, she will dodge. As she fights, her active mind bends itself to identifying targets and weaknesses.

Combat Contingency

Initiative: 1d20+12: [8]+12 = 20
APM: 12

Action 1: Bounce bodyblock/tackle 1d20+12: [16]+12 = 28 ; damage 2d4: [2, 3] = 5 , Knockdown 60% 1d100: [27] = 27 (SUCCESS)
Multi-task Action 1: Eyeball a Fella 80% 1d100: [30] = 30 (spot the leader/s - SUCCESS)
Action 2: Bounce bodyblock/tackle 1d20+12: [19]+12 = 31 ; damage 2d4: [4, 2] = 6 , Knockdown 60% 1d100: [20] = 20 (SUCCESS)
Action 3: Bounce bodyblock/tackle 1d20+12: [1]+12 = 13 (Nat. 1!); damage 2d4: [2, 1] = 3 , Knockdown 60% 1d100: [1] = 1
Action 4: Bounce bodyblock/tackle 1d20+12: [6]+12 = 18 ; damage 2d4: [3, 4] = 7 , Knockdown 60% 1d100: [41] = 41 (SUCCESS)
Action 5: Bounce bodyblock/tackle 1d20+12: [14]+12 = 26 ; damage 2d4: [4, 1] = 5 , Knockdown 60% 1d100: [30] = 30 (SUCCESS)
Action 6: Bounce bodyblock/tackle 1d20+12: [11]+12 = 23 ; damage 2d4: [4, 4] = 8 , Knockdown 60% 1d100: [54] = 54 (SUCCESS)
Action 7: Bounce bodyblock/tackle 1d20+12: [8]+12 = 20 ; damage 2d4: [3, 4] = 7 , Knockdown 60% 1d100: [42] = 42 (SUCCESS)
Action 8: Bounce bodyblock/tackle 1d20+12: [4]+12 = 16 ; damage 2d4: [1, 4] = 5 , Knockdown 60% 1d100: [16] = 16 (SUCCESS)
Action 9: Bounce bodyblock/tackle 1d20+12: [1]+12 = 13 (Nat. 1!); damage 2d4: [1, 1] = 2 , Knockdown 60% 1d100: [44] = 44
Action 10: Bounce bodyblock/tackle 1d20+12: [6]+12 = 18 ; damage 2d4: [3, 2] = 5 , Knockdown 60% 1d100: [49] = 49 (FAIL)
Action 11: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+14: [2]+14 = 16
Action 12: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+14: [2]+14 = 16

Parries (with energy shield): 1) 1d20+18: [5]+18 = 23 ; 2) 1d20+18: [11]+18 = 29 ; 3) 1d20+18: [19]+18 = 37 ; 4) 1d20+18: [10]+18 = 28 ; 5) 1d20+18: [6]+18 = 24 ; 6) 1d20+18: [11]+18 = 29 ; 7) 1d20+18: [17]+18 = 35 ; 8) 1d20+18: [8]+18 = 26 ; 9) 1d20+18: [4]+18 = 22 ; 10) 1d20+18: [7]+18 = 25 ; 11) 1d20+18: [7]+18 = 25 ; 12) 1d20+18: [16]+18 = 34


Contingent actions: If at any point the footsoldiers cease to be her primary concern and/or the Glitter Boy proves more than a mere nuisance, she will switch focus to him. She will bounce to land upon its back, and then attempt to find and open a maintenace panel that gives access to the pylon system or the main weapon - either it's tie to the GB power plant or targeting, or some other connection. She will then either try to disable it mechanically or violently, whichever seems quicker. These actions replace any of the above actions, as necessary.

Action X: Bounce to behind Glitter Boy, land on its back. Sense of Balance 88% 1d100: [99] = 99 (FAIL)
Multi-task Action X: Weapon Systems 85% 1d100: [57] = 57 (Find external maintenance access point to main Weapon - SUCCESS)
Action X+1: Activate laser Sword
Contingent Action X+1: Climb aboard GlitterBoy; Climbing 110% 1d100: [19] = 19 (SUCCESS)
Multitask Action X+1: Weapon Systems 85% 1d100: [37] = 37 (as above, or try to disable weapon - SUCCESS)
Action X+2: damage main weapon innards (if panel has been located); Strike 1d20+13: [2]+13 = 15 ; damage 5d6: [5, 4, 4, 3, 4] = 20 MD
Multitask action X+2: Weapon Systems 85% 1d100: [2] = 2 (as above, or try to disable weapon - CRIT. SUCCESS)
Action X+3: damage main weapon innards (if panel has been located); Strike 1d20+13: [20]+13 = 33 (Nat. 20!); Damage 5d6: [4, 3, 4, 6, 2] = 19 X2 = 38 MD
Multitask action X+3: Weapon Systems 85% 1d100: [64] = 64 (as above, or try to disable weapon - SUCCESS)
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 45/45
S.D.C.: 68/68


TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 45/45
  • Arms: 40/40 each
  • Legs: 45/45 each
  • Main Body: 100/100

Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, and +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
Features:
  • All Features of Triax EBA
  • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
  • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
  • Infrared & thermal masking


N-F20A Medium Force Field (integrated into FreeRunner Exoskeleton)
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 75

Features:
  • 10 hour duration per E-clip
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 372
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Torment

Post by Barracuda »

Perception: 1d100: [68] = 68 /43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20: [5] = 5 / 1d100: [28] = 28

+2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (1D8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 8 Minutes

"Prisoners? I'll be fixing that." Why would they have prisoners? I guess everything is chaotic at the moment but shouldn't they be helping people?
"Feel free to sneak, Heroes." To assist in the sneaking around, Barracuda silences the sound of footfalls entirely (+20% to Prowl roll). He accepts Daisuke's portal to the rooftop and waits for the mark to continue inside with the breach.

Once the order is given, Barracuda drops in (through the skylight) or portals in (with Daisuke), charges up King Tide and then looks for a group of people that look like they're being held hostage. If he finds them, he'll work on getting them free, either by attacking whoever is keeping them hostage OR breaking their prison open.


Combat Contingencies

APM: 9
Initiative: 1d20+4: [15]+4 = 19

Action 1: Strike enemy with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+12: [1]+12 = 13 6d6+16: [5, 3, 2, 3, 6, 3]+16 = 38
Action 2: Strike enemy with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+12: [16]+12 = 28 6d6+16: [6, 6, 5, 6, 2, 6]+16 = 47
Action 3: Strike enemy with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+12: [20]+12 = 32 6d6+16: [2, 2, 1, 3, 6, 6]+16 = 36
Action 4: Strike enemy with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+12: [11]+12 = 23 6d6+16: [2, 5, 6, 2, 1, 3]+16 = 35
Action 5: Strike enemy with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+12: [5]+12 = 17 6d6+16: [2, 3, 6, 4, 6, 6]+16 = 43
Action 6: Strike enemy with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+12: [1]+12 = 13 6d6+16: [6, 2, 2, 1, 1, 5]+16 = 33
Action 7: Strike enemy with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+12: [6]+12 = 18 6d6+16: [2, 6, 6, 1, 5, 5]+16 = 41
Action 8: Strike enemy with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+12: [13]+12 = 25 6d6+16: [5, 4, 6, 3, 3, 2]+16 = 39
Action 9: Strike enemy with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+12: [2]+12 = 14 6d6+16: [3, 5, 6, 2, 6, 4]+16 = 42

Parries: 1d20+14: [12]+14 = 26 1d20+14: [14]+14 = 28 1d20+14: [4]+14 = 18 1d20+14: [1]+14 = 15 1d20+14: [3]+14 = 17 1d20+14: [18]+14 = 32 1d20+14: [17]+14 = 31 1d20+14: [11]+14 = 25 1d20+14: [14]+14 = 28

Contingency: If the prisoners are in a cage or prison of some sort, Barracuda will use the above rolls to break it open.
Contingency: If there is an energy source that is powering the base, the holding cell for the prisoners, or powering any enemy armors, Barracuda will drain it before freeing any prisoners.
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
Ledger
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
Posts: 358
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Torment

Post by Virtus »

Conditions
Time: Day 8, 9:16am (dim light, equivalent to twilight)
Temperature: 27F
Visibility: 1000ft (haze)
Wind: 5mph out of the Northwest
Snow: 24"
Radio Traffic: heavy interference, light traffic.
Magic Use: Magic within 500ft. nexus rules in effect. Supernatural evil is detectable within 500ft and all will sense it within the scope of time.
Nexus Present within 1 mile
Open Rifts within 1 mile
https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit? ... sp=sharing

Keiko's temporal magic freezes the guards in place as the everyone springs into action. Grant quickly arrives on the rooftop, opening his portal to peer down below. On the base floor he sees a large group of people, mostly elves, that look to have arrived out of a story book, though there are some humans among them dressed in similar fashion. They sit along a northern wall which serves as a division between the maintenance bays and the offices. Immediately one of the elves notices something odd from the roof, perhaps sensing magic in use and casts a spell that Grant knows to be sheltering force, covering some of the other elves. Another elf stands up, doing the same, sheltering others in the group.

The soldiers are looking around confused, unable to see through Grant's portal until Ronith, Barracuda and Ashlynn appear from Daisuke's portal. The Glitteryboys react, but do not lower their boomguns in the confined space, instead raising laser rifles they are carrying. The soldiers do the same as the civilians cry out in panic.

Just as the team springs into action, Jack's eyes catch movement far to the south. It is an observer no doubt. The scout realizes he is spotted and retreats. Jack races after him, coming around the corner, seeing a force advancing on the position.

Just as chaos erupts inside the building, Heroes for Hire receive a harried communication from Jack. "Force coming from the south. They have a t...AHHHH!" and Jack's radio goes silent.
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 258
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Torment

Post by Weiss »

Perception 1d100: [27] = 27
JIC 1d100: [7] = 7 1d20: [6] = 6
Virtus wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:11 am Just as chaos erupts inside the building, Heroes for Hire receive a harried communication from Jack. "Force coming from the south. They have a t...AHHHH!" and Jack's radio goes silent.
"JACK?!!!! Weiss screams as he hears what he fears is Jack's death scream. Hitting a switch, he hunkers down, aiting

"Frak," Weiss swears as he realises he is probably outnumbered

"We have incoming out here. Jack is down, I don't know how bad!" he aims the transmission on point to point directly through the portal as to reduce the chance the enemy will hear it.

Trying to run a passive sensor sweep, he prepares for combat, ready to lock on to the T?

sensory equipment 1d100: [18] = 18

Initiative 1d20+3: [15]+3 = 18
Dice rolls
Perception 1d100: [36] = 36
JIC 1d100: [94] = 94
1d20: [15] = 15
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
Post Reply

Return to “Heroes for Hire Adventure Forum”