Torment

The continuing adventures of an arrogant elf, and the masochists who join him on his fools errands.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 377
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Torment

Post by Barracuda »

Perception: 1d100: [40] = 40 /43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20 / 1d100: [54] = 54
Conditions
[*]Sustain | BOM 109 | 13.5 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
Barracuda relaxes onboard the APC as it makes its way to Carbondale. Having spent most of his time helping civilians survive physically and spiritually, he takes some time for himself to recharge. A snack, a salvaged soda and his imagination allow him to rest and release some of the tension he's built up.

When Ronith lays out his plans for striking out at the renegades, Barracuda smiles and cracks his knuckles. "You set em up and we'll knock em down, bossman."
Weiss wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:38 pm "Okay, with NEMA forces, they've been using Glitter Boys. Best way to disable their firepower is to disable the stabilising pylons they deploy. If they operate the same as our time, the safety cutout will prevent the Boom Guns being used. If they override this, they will end up being a danger to themselves and their own side."
"Those come from the legs, right? I don't know how useful it will be, but I can short out the electrical components of those. Maybe it'll freeze them in place and limit their mobility so we can strike. Or maybe it will cause them to retract. Either way feels like a win to me."
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
Ledger
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 465
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Torment

Post by Grant Latham »

New Perception: 78% vs 1d100: [51] = 51
JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20 , 1d100: [38] = 38
Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • Sense Ley Line: 89%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 99%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 150mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 97/97
  • I.S.P.: 92/94
  • P.P.E.: 656/656
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 8 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 25 PPE| 400.00 min | 50 mph, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge +2 Damage diving attack.
  • Energy Sphere | 120 PPE | BOM 120 | 38 days | 1000 P.P.E./500 M.D.C.
  • Infrared Vision | MA 9 | 2 PPE | 40 min | 2000' |See through 4" S.D.C. .5" light M.D.C. material. 1" dirt. 1' water or heavy M.D.C.
  • Invisibility to Sensors | MA 15 | 20 PPE | 40.00 min
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 60.00 min | 250 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy
  • Ley Line Storm Defense | 90 PPE | BOM 142 | 200' Diameter | 100 min
  • Mystic Invisibility | MA 17 | 25 PPE | 40.00 min
  • Nightvision | MA 9 | 4 PPE | 58.00 min | 3600' in non magical darkness
  • See the Invisible | BOM 92 | 4 PPE | 20 min | 1200'
  • Sense Evil | BOM 92 | 2 PPE | 40 min | 270' radius

* Not worrying about tracking PPE costs since nexus rules are in effect
** Recasting magical defenses as needed since nexus rules are in effect

The Lord Magi is not surprised at the skepticism of some of these people. When they leave, he reminds the others. "Talent is a starting point, but not enough, belief is key. Belief that you have the ability to assert your will upon reality. You must immure yourself vs doubt. Each of you have your own strengths and weaknesses, so the fact that one person can do something and another can not should trouble you. You each have the gift. Each success that you have is like a soft breath on an ember. With practice, you will be able to kindle the ember into a fire."

...

Grant could theoretically sneak down to this DOT building, but he could not apply the same magic to everyone, so he lets the military types discuss how best to approach, identifying ideas that he would be able to support or augment with magic.

Weiss wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:38 pm "Okay, with NEMA forces, they've been using Glitter Boys. Best way to disable their firepower is to disable the stabilising pylons they deploy. If they operate the same as our time, the safety cutout will prevent the Boom Guns being used. If they override this, they will end up being a danger to themselves and their own side."
“Corwin” wrote: "Those come from the legs, right? I don't know how useful it will be, but I can short out the electrical components of those. Maybe it'll freeze them in place and limit their mobility so we can strike. Or maybe it will cause them to retract. Either way feels like a win to me."
If we are close enough to disable these pylons, how many shots will they have been able to fire before we get there. I would suspect that if they don't care about the buildings, it won't matter if we are hiding behind one if they can detect us. They will cut through these buildings like a hot knife through butter.

"To target these pylons, we'd have to get behind them correct? Are they external to the leg so they can be be disabled with a well placed shot? Corwin, how close do you think you'd need to be to be able to disable them?" An idea occurs to him, "Should we attempt to draw them out? And have a force concealed until they move past them so Corwin can use his ability?"

The mage pursues a different line of thought. "Major Washington has indicated that she has captured a few of these people. I know some magic that would make compel them to answer questions about what lies ahead of us. If you recall, I had used it successfully on Ms. Whyne back at the Heroes Haven."
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record
Info
M.D.C.: 97/[color=#FF00000]97[/color] • P.P.E.: 656/656 • I.S.P.: 94/94 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 89% | 100mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 99% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 1500mi • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Keiko
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

Re: Torment

Post by Keiko »

Perception: 1d100: [92] = 92 /36%
JIC: 1d20: [1] = 1 ; 1d100: [82] = 82
Active Effects
  • Dimensional Attenuation: 110 Miles
  • Excellent hearing and smell
  • Sixth Sense
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.

Keiko looks around at the ghost town, Looks these people cleared out in a hurry. Also looks like the vultures descended quickly here as well. Shot in the back...At least it was fast. Looks like they don't like non-humans...That's no surprise. Given what is going on. The elf didn't stand a chance. Likely brought here against their will, like me. I guess I got lucky.
Keiko moves around the foot prints near the corpse trying to see if she can track where the aggressors headed.

Tracking: People-- 1d100: [98] = 98 /55% (To track the people who killed the elf)
Tracking: People-- 1d100: [89] = 89 /55% (To track anyone else in the area)

Keiko frowns at all the tracks, "Damn. Too much activity to really see where anyone has gone. Oh well. We are still heading for the Dot building Yes?" Keiko speaks to no one in particular.

Keiko listens to the radio chatter and the discussion of hampering the Glitter Boys should they come across them. All good ideas. Not much for me to contribute to that conversation. Keep listening. Hopefully we get moving soon. This place gives me the creeps. Keiko will stay near Jack and Ash during the search as to not get left behind accidentally.
Keiko

P.P.E.: 110/110
I.S.P.: 35/35
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 86/86
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
Helmet - 40/40
Left Arm 20/20
Right Arm 20/20
Right Leg 30/30
Left Leg 30/30
Main Body - 60/60
Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
Posts: 585
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Torment

Post by Ronith »

JIC: 1d20: [12] = 12 , 1d100: [2] = 2
PER: 1d100: [18] = 18 vs. 94% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)
Conditions
  • Shadow meld: 10m00s, can hide in shadows 5+ ft tall, +15% to prowl, attackers -5 to hit.
  • Extended presence sense: 24m00s, 92% skill, 80ft. range, can pinpoint exact number and location of all sentient beings.
Presence sense: 1d100: [50] = 50 vs. 92%
To detect/locate all hostiles.
Prowl: 1d100: [3] = 3 vs. 111%
To ambush the bandits.

The plan comes together easily enough. When it comes time for Ronith to dispose of the other mercenaries that came through time with them, he addresses the commander of Gallows 12 first. ”Commander, I would like you to keep the majority of your armored vehicles with the convoy. Get the civilians to safety within the NEMAn base, then turn west and attack our foes in the rear. However, I would like to detail your aerial units to the command of Last Dance for the time being.” Turning to the commander in question, he adds ”You, commander, I would like to lie in wait outside the target. Heroes for Hire will advance as stealthily as possible and lead off the attack. I want your forces in reserve to act as a sort of cavalry force, launching rapid hit-and-run attacks against their heavy units. I will endeavor to call out targets for you, however once the battle is begun in earnest you may fire at will.”
Weiss wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:38 pm"Okay, with NEMA forces, they've been using Glitter Boys. Best way to disable their firepower is to disable the stabilising pylons they deploy. If they operate the same as our time, the safety cutout will prevent the Boom Guns being used. If they override this, they will end up being a danger to themselves and their own side."
Ronith nods. ”The Glitter Boys shall be my primary target, then. I shall advance first- Weiss, you stay in the rear and try to remain hidden as long as you can. Set up appropriate firing positions, or with me for a breach into the building and some close quarters combat. We do not need to kill all of these people- disable their weapons, keep them distracted and off balance, and hold until the civilians are safe and our reinforcements arrive. Any questions?”

Once everyone is in position and ready to move on the target building, Ronith will activate shadow meld ((-10 PPE)) and extended presence sense ((-8 ISP)).
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent)
| BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
ISP- 83/91; PPE- 47/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
Frostfang Heals: 3/4. Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (2/3); Cleanse (3/3)
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 465
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Torment

Post by Grant Latham »

(rolls carried)

**Invisible to Sensors, Invisible to Mystic Detection, Invisibility: Simple are active
**Can see Sir Ronith using Infrared Vision
Sir Ronith wrote:”The Glitter Boys shall be my primary target, then. I shall advance first- Weiss, you stay in the rear and try to remain hidden as long as you can. Set up appropriate firing positions, or with me for a breach into the building and some close quarters combat. We do not need to kill all of these people- disable their weapons, keep them distracted and off balance, and hold until the civilians are safe and our reinforcements arrive. Any questions?”
Against the Glitter Boys, Grant is confident that Sir Ronith can disable them swiftly and decisively without seriously injuring the pilots. But inside the building, Grant knows that the only way Sir Ronith will be able to subdue the people will be to seriously wound them such that counter attack isn't feasible.

"I will be your proverbial guardian angel, Sir Ronith," Grant says. "Flying above you invisibly and undetectable by the sensors of the Nemans. Once in the building, I will use my magic to capture and contain the renegades so we are able to keep the loss of life to a minimum."

He turns Keiko, and lifts his right hand up towards the ball of energy over his shoulder. He shifts it forward towards her, "Here, take this Energy Sphere and use it's energy as you will. It would readily give away my position if I kept it. It is durable, but not impervious to attack. I would guess, based on your aura that it holds about ten times your normal reserve."

Grant loosens his Draining Blade in it's sheathe, but does not draw it. He takes a moment to activate it's magical potential. (5 PPE for 30 minutes). Hopefully, I do not have to draw it. His memory is drawn back to a hazy recollection of fighting a Deevil Dragon in another dimension where he'd had to fight sword to claw.

Contingency Dodges/Parries(+4/+5) 10d20: [5, 8, 3, 1, 11, 10, 11, 8, 18, 14] = 89


For Keiko:

Code: Select all

[*]Energy Sphere | 120 PPE | BOM 120 | 38 days | 1000 P.P.E./500 M.D.C.
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record
Info
M.D.C.: 97/[color=#FF00000]97[/color] • P.P.E.: 656/656 • I.S.P.: 94/94 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 89% | 100mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 99% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 1500mi • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Keiko
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

Re: Torment

Post by Keiko »

**Rolls Held Over**
Active Effects
  • Dimensional Attenuation: 110 Miles
  • Excellent hearing and smell
  • Sixth Sense
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Energy Sphere | 120 PPE | BOM 120 | 38 days | 840/1000 P.P.E./500 M.D.C.
Grant wrote:He turns Keiko, and lifts his right hand up towards the ball of energy over his shoulder. He shifts it forward towards her, "Here, take this Energy Sphere and use it's energy as you will. It would readily give away my position if I kept it. It is durable, but not impervious to attack. I would guess, based on your aura that it holds about ten times your normal reserve."

Keiko looks back to Grant as he giver her the Energy Sphere, and smiles warmly to the mage, "Hehe, you know I do enjoy playing with shiny round objects." Keiko's tail swishes back and forth, "I may not be able to focus on the fight ahead." She shoots Grant a mischievous grin. "Still. Thank you. I'll make sure to put it to good use...Speaking of which. Here. In exchange for for the sphere." Keiko, still smiling like she's just barely keeping in a secret, moves to Grant and gently places her hand on his shoulder. Keiko will finish casting Fighting Spirit just as her hand touches Grant, letting the power flow to him. Keiko moves closer to Grant and gently whispers to him, "Make sure you stay safe out there." As Keiko backs up she shoots Grant a wink and moves to the rest of the group.

Just prior to combat Keiko will cast Fighting Spirit on the rest of the H4H. "Here this should help everyone." Keiko says with a smile as she buffs the rest of H4H.
(-20 PPE per cast equals -160 PPE for all of H4H Taken from the Energy Sphere)

Code: Select all

 [*] Fighting Spirit: +2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 8 Minutes
Keiko

P.P.E.: 110/110
I.S.P.: 35/35
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 86/86
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
Helmet - 40/40
Left Arm 20/20
Right Arm 20/20
Right Leg 30/30
Left Leg 30/30
Main Body - 60/60
Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
Posts: 363
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Torment

Post by Virtus »

Conditions
Time: Day 8, 9:15am (dim light, equivalent to twilight)
Temperature: 27F
Visibility: 1000ft (haze)
Wind: 5mph out of the Northwest
Snow: 24"
Radio Traffic: heavy interference, light traffic.
Magic Use: Magic within 500ft. nexus rules in effect. Supernatural evil is detectable within 500ft and all will sense it within the scope of time.
Nexus Present within 1 mile
Open Rifts within 1 mile
Map

The team turns down a side road and stops behind a large outcropping of trees a block away. Blue Beauty ducks down to stay out of sight as much as possible. Weiss lays down an RF blanket to suppress sensors. Short range transmissions (less than 200ft) are clear, but spotty beyond 500ft and impossible beyond that. No doubt they know something is doing it, just not what. Before doing so, he can see some weak signals inside the maintenance bay that he thinks is likely glitterboys. The metal structure is making it hard to get fine details from the interior.

Grant and Keiko use magic for flight and can spot the rooftop watchmen and the guards at ground level at the south end as they move to engage. No doubt there are many armed inside the building with so few outside.

Ronith engages shadow meld and extended presence sense. His presence sense confirms that there are a large number of humanoids inside the building... some even with magic.
User avatar
Keiko
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

Re: Torment

Post by Keiko »

Perception: 1d100: [36] = 36 /36%
JIC: 1d20: [18] = 18 ; 1d100: [30] = 30
Active Effects
  • Dimensional Attenuation: 110 Miles
  • Excellent hearing and smell
  • Sixth Sense
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fighting Spirit: +2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 16 Minutes
  • Energy Sphere | 120 PPE | BOM 120 | 38 days | 684 P.P.E./500 M.D.C.
  • Invisibility: Simple | BOM 97 | Duration: 24 minutes
  • AOI from Armor | MDC: 50/50
This is about to get fun...Too bad they want to do this that hard way. Minimal casualties. Well not my specialty, but a good challenge. Well lets get this show on the road. Keiko Speaks to Grant one last time before the fight gets underway. "I'll take the far one. I just need to to buy me a few seconds and I can freeze both in time for about 2 minutes. Don't keep a girl waiting." Keiko smiles and winks at Grant as her last sentence is said in a sing song voice. Then she activates the AOI from her armor (-10 PPE from Energy Sphere) and makes herself invisible (-6 PPE from the Energy Sphere). Keiko will position her self 75' from the Western Roof guard. She hits the Eastern guard with Deaden senses to help Grant distract him. She then will cast Stop time on the Western guard. Keiko then moves to 75' of the Eastern guard and casts Stop Time again on him. Having done this Keiko will radio the others. "Rooftop secure. You have two minutes."

Keiko smiles at Grant. "Too easy. I'm going to drop in from above. Walls don't mean much to me."Keiko flashes Grant a wicked smile as she sets herself on the roof above the personnel closest to the rooftop guards.


Combat:
*Invisible
*Fighting Spirit
*AOI: 50/50
*See the Invisible

APM: 8
Init: 1d20+7: [3]+7 = 10

Action 1: Deaden Senses (p. 167 RUE) on East side rooftop guard. (Guard is -1 to save vs Psionics) / -4 ISP
Action 2-3: Cast Time Warp: Stop Time (p. 128 DB13) on the Western Rooftop Guard (No Save) Duration: 2 minutes/ -70 PPE from Energy Sphere
Action 4: Move into range of Eastern Rooftop Guard
Action 5-6: Cast Time Warp: Stop Time (p. 128 DB13) on the Eastern Rooftop Guard (No Save) Duration: 2 minutes/ -70 PPE from Energy Sphere
Action 7: Radio the group that the Roof is secure.
Action 8: Talk to Grant and move to the roof above the remaining Renegade forces.

Auto-Dodge: 1d20+5: [8]+5 = 13 ; 1d20+5: [19]+5 = 24 ; 1d20+5: [17]+5 = 22 ; 1d20+5: [18]+5 = 23 ; 1d20+5: [6]+5 = 11 ; 1d20+5: [6]+5 = 11 ; 1d20+5: [12]+5 = 17 ; 1d20+5: [20]+5 = 25

Contingencies:
- If Keiko's AOI goes down she will burn an action to reactivate it from her armor.
Keiko

P.P.E.: 110/110
I.S.P.: 35/35
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 86/86
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
Helmet - 40/40
Left Arm 20/20
Right Arm 20/20
Right Leg 30/30
Left Leg 30/30
Main Body - 60/60
Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
Posts: 585
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Torment

Post by Ronith »

JIC: 1d20: [1] = 1 , 1d100: [84] = 84
PER: 1d100: [61] = 61 vs. 94% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)
Conditions
  • Shadow meld: 9m00s, can hide in shadows 5+ ft tall, +15% to prowl, attackers -5 to hit.
  • Extended presence sense: 9m00s, 92% skill, 80ft. range, can pinpoint exact number and location of all sentient beings.
  • Enhanced reflexes: 24m00s, +1 APM, +2 PP [+1 s/p/d], +3 initiative, +1 strike, +2 parry/dodge, +15% on physical skills that rely on coordination or balance.
  • Fighting Spirit: +2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Duration: 8 Minutes.
  • Advanced combat awareness (applies to anyone who directs an attack at Ronith): +2 strike and parry, +1 dodge. Opponents lose all machine-provided bonuses, -1 APM, -4 strike Ronith, -2 to dodge Ronith’s attacks.
  • Cloud sensors (applies to RPA pilots): Inexperienced operators (levels 1-3) cannot use sensors at all, lose two attacks every time they try to figure out what’s going on. Experienced operators lose one attack and have a -40% penalty.
Prowl: 1d100: [37] = 37 , 1d100: [27] = 27 , 1d100: [90] = 90 vs. 126%
To ambush the bandits.
Perception (Friend or Foe): 1d100: [65] = 65 vs. 119%
Per P. 84-5 of Heroes of Humanity, immediately identify who’s hostile inside the building vs. who isn’t.
Tumbling: 1d100: [56] = 56 vs. 111%
To leap to the rooftop

Concentrating for a few moments, Ronith soon gets a decent idea of what they’re facing. The two rooftop guards represent the first problem. At least they do not know we are coming, but we cannot leave those sentries in place- they will be able to attack us if we are able to withdraw, or hinder our reinforcements. Taking every care to remain unseen and undetected, Ronith speaks softly into his armor’s radio. ”Alright. Here is the plan. There are two sentries atop the roof, at least a dozen others patrolling the interior. I also sense others, in a group that appears to be under guard. We may have civilians in the area.” Blast. That severely complicates matters. Suddenly Ronith is very glad he didn’t just order everyone to shell the building from a distance.

Back to the radio. ”We take the rooftop first. Those of us that can get up there quietly, do so- Daisuke, portal everyone else up there after to help secure the area. If we hit them fast and hard we can take the guards out before they can alert their comrades. Then, we breach the building. A fast strike, in and out- I shall head for their heavy ordinance. If there are glitter boys present, they should have a hard time firing upon me in close quarters, and with luck I can disable the stabilization systems for their boom guns quickly. The rest of you, do what damage you can- focus on their command structure and any ordinance I cannot get to. The goal is not to win a drawn-out fight, the goal is to hit them hard, disorient them, and lure them outside where Weiss and the rest of our allies can hit. The more chaotic and disorganized their response is, the greater the likelihood that we will be able to keep any damage away from the civilians. Barracuda, if there are prisoners inside, coordinate an evacuation with Daisuke. Get them outside and away from the building. We pull back as soon as the civilians are clear, or, if there are no prisoners left alive in there upon my order. Any questions?”

Ronith will approve of Keiko’s plan to take out the guards, but will insist upon accompanying her and Grant in case of the worst. As he waits for them to get into position, Ronith will psionically enhance his reflexes ((-10 ISP)) then, when the time comes, will jog towards the target building as fast as he can while still remaining concealed (ideally, melded with any shadows he finds). Then, he will leap to the rooftop, land with a somersault and then charge any nearby sentry that isn't incapacitated by the others. Ideally, knocking them down or otherwise incapacitating him before he can alert any allies. If need be, Ronith will summon two psi-swords and defend himself. Alternatively, if either of the guards manages to get a warning off to the rest of the renegades, Ronith will charge into the building without waiting for the rest of the team. If Keiko's temporal magic has gotten the job done, Ronith will steer clear.

Initiative: 1d20+26: [5]+26 = 31 (includes quickdraw)
APM: 11

Action 1: Tackle the nearest sentry (if Grant and Keiko have yet to neutralize them yet). 1d20+21: [7]+21 = 28 to strike, 2d6: [5, 3] = 8 MD.

Contingent psi-sword attacks:
Action 2: Strike target with psi-sword. 1d20+27: [15]+27 = 42 to strike, 8d6: [2, 2, 1, 1, 5, 3, 3, 3] = 20 MD.
Action 3: Strike target with psi-sword. 1d20+27: [1]+27 = 28 to strike (Nat 1!), 8d6: [5, 4, 2, 2, 5, 2, 5, 5] = 30 MD.
Action 4: Strike target with psi-sword. 1d20+27: [9]+27 = 36 to strike, 8d6: [4, 5, 2, 4, 3, 1, 3, 5] = 27 MD.
Action 5: Strike target with psi-sword. 1d20+27: [12]+27 = 39 to strike, 8d6: [2, 5, 1, 3, 3, 1, 1, 2] = 18 MD.
Action 6: Strike target with psi-sword. 1d20+27: [5]+27 = 32 to strike, 8d6: [1, 5, 6, 1, 5, 1, 1, 4] = 24 MD.
Action 7: Strike target with psi-sword. 1d20+27: [6]+27 = 33 to strike, 8d6: [4, 1, 4, 3, 5, 6, 3, 1] = 27 MD.
Action 8: Strike target with psi-sword. 1d20+27: [17]+27 = 44 to strike, 8d6: [6, 4, 1, 5, 6, 1, 6, 2] = 31 MD.
Action 9: Strike target with psi-sword. 1d20+27: [13]+27 = 40 to strike, 8d6: [5, 6, 4, 1, 5, 6, 6, 6] = 39 MD.
Action 10: Strike target with psi-sword. 1d20+27: [7]+27 = 34 to strike, 8d6: [1, 5, 2, 2, 2, 5, 3, 2] = 22 MD.
Action 11: Strike target with psi-sword. 1d20+27: [19]+27 = 46 to strike, 8d6: [5, 3, 5, 1, 2, 2, 5, 4] = 27 x2=54 MD.

Auto-parries: 1d20+32: [15]+32 = 47 , 1d20+32: [3]+32 = 35 , 1d20+32: [11]+32 = 43 , 1d20+32: [7]+32 = 39 , 1d20+32: [19]+32 = 51 , 1d20+32: [18]+32 = 50 , 1d20+32: [12]+32 = 44 , 1d20+32: [12]+32 = 44 , 1d20+32: [4]+32 = 36 , 1d20+32: [16]+32 = 48 , 1d20+32: [7]+32 = 39

Auto-dodges (additional +6 vs. two primary opponents): 1d20+15: [1]+15 = 16 , 1d20+15: [17]+15 = 32 , 1d20+15: [14]+15 = 29 , 1d20+15: [2]+15 = 17 , 1d20+15: [9]+15 = 24 , 1d20+15: [12]+15 = 27 , 1d20+15: [15]+15 = 30 , 1d20+15: [17]+15 = 32 , 1d20+15: [4]+15 = 19 , 1d20+15: [8]+15 = 23 , 1d20+15: [9]+15 = 24
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent)
| BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
ISP- 83/91; PPE- 47/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
Frostfang Heals: 3/4. Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (2/3); Cleanse (3/3)
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 465
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Torment

Post by Grant Latham »

New Perception: 78% vs 1d100: [13] = 13
JIC: 1d20: [12] = 12 , 1d100: [80] = 80
Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • Sense Ley Line: 89%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 99%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 150mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 97/97
  • I.S.P.: 92/94
  • P.P.E.: 656/656
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 8 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 25 PPE| 400.00 min | 50 mph, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge +2 Damage diving attack.
  • Energy Sphere | 120 PPE | BOM 120 | 38 days | 1000 P.P.E./500 M.D.C.
  • Fighting Spirit: +2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 8 Minutes
  • Infrared Vision | MA 9 | 2 PPE | 40 min | 2000' |See through 4" S.D.C. .5" light M.D.C. material. 1" dirt. 1' water or heavy M.D.C.
  • Invisibility to Sensors | MA 15 | 20 PPE | 40.00 min
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 60.00 min | 250 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy
  • Ley Line Storm Defense | 90 PPE | BOM 142 | 200' Diameter | 100 min
  • Mystic Invisibility | MA 17 | 25 PPE | 40.00 min
  • Nightvision | MA 9 | 4 PPE | 58.00 min | 3600' in non magical darkness
  • See the Invisible | BOM 92 | 4 PPE | 20 min | 1200'
  • Sense Evil | BOM 92 | 2 PPE | 40 min | 270' radius
To Sir Ronith, he says over the radio, "I don't think we should all approach from the same direction. Daisuke can enter from any point, I'd have him, Ashlynn, and Jack enter on one of the lower floors once we breach the roof. If there are Glitter Boys inside the building, they won't be on the upper floors and having to navigate the building will allow them time to exit." Or fire indiscriminately through the building, Grant adds mentally.

The mage moves into position listening to Keiko's idea. His desire to see temporal magic trumping the more cautious solution that he take lead with the roof top guards. Freeze in time? Ah yes, Keiko has studied temporal magic. "Yes, go ahead, you will need to be quick, the Energy Sphere isn't exactly covert." Grant cocooned in his magical defenses, floats invisibly up to the room at a different angle than Keiko ready to intervene if she is spotted.

If the guard notices her action, from his position, he casts Magic Net (BOM 101 | 7 PPE | 240' | 5' r can catch multiple people if grouped together | Dodge 16 or higher | 12 min | 2 rounds to cut with M.D. weapons, those caught are helpless.)

Otherwise, Grant watches Keiko as she casts her magic, listening for the combination of the words of power within the distractive words of her incantation. He's not expecting to figure out, but he is 'savoring' the different type of magic.

With the guards disabled, Grant casts Mystic Portal (BOM 135 | 20 PPE | 80' | 10' x 20' door | 20 min) onto the roof so he can look down into the next floor. He examines the room below for guards or hostages. He examines everyone he sees for magic. When he's ready to proceed, he casts Invulnerability upon himself and descend into the room. He will cast magic net at any guards he sees. He looks over the room with his '3rd eye' to see the presence of magic or high PPE.

If the sneakiness allows them the time and they have captured people, he'll interrogate them using Charm (BOM 104 | 12 PPE | 60' | Save vs Magic 15 | 20 min | Will believe/trust caster, want to help and tell the truth.)
  • How many of them are there?
  • What types of weapons, armor/power armor/robots do they have.
  • Are there hostages?
  • What do they want?
  • Who is their leader?
  • What does he look like?
  • Where is everyone in the building?
  • Where is the leader?
Combat Contingency

APM: 12 (13 with magic) (-1 to view magic with his '3rd eye')
Initiative: 1d20+7: [20]+7 = 27
  1. Cast Magic Net at closest roof top guard if missed by the Stop Time spell
  2. Cast Magic Net at further roof top guard if missed by the Stop Time spell
  3. Cast Magic Net again if first attempt missed if missed by the Stop Time spell
  4. Fly to roof top.
  5. Cast Mystic Portal on to roof to look down.
  6. Evaluate the scene
  7. Begin Casting Invulnerability
  8. Finish Casting Invulnerability
  9. Descend into the next floor
  10. Magic Net or Strike with Draining Blade - Strike: 1d20+11: [10]+11 = 21 , Damage: 4d6: [1, 5, 1, 1] = 8 M.D. (plus Life Drain on failed magic save vs 13)
  11. Magic Net or Strike with Draining Blade - Strike: 1d20+11: [14]+11 = 25 , Damage: 4d6: [4, 1, 2, 6] = 13 M.D. (plus Life Drain on failed magic save vs 13)
  12. Magic Net or Strike with Draining Blade - Strike: 1d20+11: [11]+11 = 22 , Damage: 4d6: [6, 6, 3, 6] = 21 M.D. (plus Life Drain on failed magic save vs 13)
Parry/Dodge(+11/+6): 12d20: [4, 16, 1, 4, 1, 8, 18, 15, 12, 10, 8, 16] = 113

Every time the target is hit, they must save vs magic or suffer a Life Drain, as per the 7th level spell. A failed save means the victim loses half his hit points and S.D.C., plus speed is reduced by half, the character loses one melee attack, and suffers -10% on skill performance. This attack will affect targets in body armor or power armor, but not anything bigger. M.D. creatures only suffer the 4D6 M.D. The weakness will last for 10 melee rounds, after which the victim begins to regain their hit points and S.D.C. as is normal for their healing ability.
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record
Info
M.D.C.: 97/[color=#FF00000]97[/color] • P.P.E.: 656/656 • I.S.P.: 94/94 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 89% | 100mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 99% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 1500mi • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Ashlynn
Posts: 261
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Torment

Post by Ashlynn »

Perception: 79% /84% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100: [35] = 35 (SUCCESS)

JIC: 1d20: [11] = 11
JIC: 1d100: [42] = 42

Conditions:
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 13.5 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fighting Spirit: +2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 8 Minutes
Weiss wrote:"I'd give you a nudge back, but that'd end pretty badly..."
Ashlynn chuckles. "Nah... I bounce, remember?"

She listens as the others discuss how to eliminate the leg pylons no a glitter Boy. I ain't never had to fight a Glitter Boy before... Pangur Ban always said they were bad news, and the safest thing was to get out of range, and fast. But then... he was tryin' to protect me, not teach me how to take one out. I'll bet if I get on its back I can do all sorts o' mayhem and it won't be able to stop me.
Ronith wrote:”The Glitter Boys shall be my primary target, then. I shall advance first- Weiss, you stay in the rear and try to remain hidden as long as you can. Set up appropriate firing positions, or with me for a breach into the building and some close quarters combat. We do not need to kill all of these people- disable their weapons, keep them distracted and off balance, and hold until the civilians are safe and our reinforcements arrive. Any questions?”
Ashlynn nods. I can bouncy-bouncy the bad guys, and maybe draw the GB's attention. If the soldiers all get wrapped up, I can help distract the GB myself.

As Keiko casts Fighting Spirit on each member of the Heroes for Hire, Ashlynn grins at her - almsot wickedly. "Thanks. Is it fun time yet? I wanna have fun."

As the group approaches, Ashlynn stays toward the rear, ready to explode into action at high velocity if need be.
Ronith wrote:”We take the rooftop first. Those of us that can get up there quietly, do so- Daisuke, portal everyone else up there after to help secure the area. If we hit them fast and hard we can take the guards out before they can alert their comrades. Then, we breach the building. A fast strike, in and out- I shall head for their heavy ordinance. If there are glitter boys present, they should have a hard time firing upon me in close quarters, and with luck I can disable the stabilization systems for their boom guns quickly. The rest of you, do what damage you can- focus on their command structure and any ordinance I cannot get to. The goal is not to win a drawn-out fight, the goal is to hit them hard, disorient them, and lure them outside where Weiss and the rest of our allies can hit. The more chaotic and disorganized their response is, the greater the likelihood that we will be able to keep any damage away from the civilians. Barracuda, if there are prisoners inside, coordinate an evacuation with Daisuke. Get them outside and away from the building. We pull back as soon as the civilians are clear, or, if there are no prisoners left alive in there upon my order. Any questions?”
Grant wrote:"I don't think we should all approach from the same direction. Daisuke can enter from any point, I'd have him, Ashlynn, and Jack enter on one of the lower floors once we breach the roof. If there are Glitter Boys inside the building, they won't be on the upper floors and having to navigate the building will allow them time to exit."
Ashlynn grins and gives a thumbs-up. "Hells yeah. I'm down!"

whatever Ronith orders, Ashlynn is champing at the bit to get some action in. If I drop down from the roof level or if I portal in from the ground, it's all the same to me. Go in, bouncy-bouncy, get 'em all disoriented, and beat 'em. Just like back on the bridge. Easy-peasy lemon squeezy.

Whenever the order is given, Ashlynn charges ahead, at full bounce - attempting to bounce and slam into as many combatants as she can to keep them off their feet and off-balance (literally). If the GlitterBoy or another heavy hitter targets her with ranged fire, she will dodge. As she fights, her active mind bends itself to identifying targets and weaknesses.

Combat Contingency

Initiative: 1d20+12: [8]+12 = 20
APM: 12

Action 1: Bounce bodyblock/tackle 1d20+12: [16]+12 = 28 ; damage 2d4: [2, 3] = 5 , Knockdown 60% 1d100: [27] = 27 (SUCCESS)
Multi-task Action 1: Eyeball a Fella 80% 1d100: [30] = 30 (spot the leader/s - SUCCESS)
Action 2: Bounce bodyblock/tackle 1d20+12: [19]+12 = 31 ; damage 2d4: [4, 2] = 6 , Knockdown 60% 1d100: [20] = 20 (SUCCESS)
Action 3: Bounce bodyblock/tackle 1d20+12: [1]+12 = 13 (Nat. 1!); damage 2d4: [2, 1] = 3 , Knockdown 60% 1d100: [1] = 1
Action 4: Bounce bodyblock/tackle 1d20+12: [6]+12 = 18 ; damage 2d4: [3, 4] = 7 , Knockdown 60% 1d100: [41] = 41 (SUCCESS)
Action 5: Bounce bodyblock/tackle 1d20+12: [14]+12 = 26 ; damage 2d4: [4, 1] = 5 , Knockdown 60% 1d100: [30] = 30 (SUCCESS)
Action 6: Bounce bodyblock/tackle 1d20+12: [11]+12 = 23 ; damage 2d4: [4, 4] = 8 , Knockdown 60% 1d100: [54] = 54 (SUCCESS)
Action 7: Bounce bodyblock/tackle 1d20+12: [8]+12 = 20 ; damage 2d4: [3, 4] = 7 , Knockdown 60% 1d100: [42] = 42 (SUCCESS)
Action 8: Bounce bodyblock/tackle 1d20+12: [4]+12 = 16 ; damage 2d4: [1, 4] = 5 , Knockdown 60% 1d100: [16] = 16 (SUCCESS)
Action 9: Bounce bodyblock/tackle 1d20+12: [1]+12 = 13 (Nat. 1!); damage 2d4: [1, 1] = 2 , Knockdown 60% 1d100: [44] = 44
Action 10: Bounce bodyblock/tackle 1d20+12: [6]+12 = 18 ; damage 2d4: [3, 2] = 5 , Knockdown 60% 1d100: [49] = 49 (FAIL)
Action 11: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+14: [2]+14 = 16
Action 12: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+14: [2]+14 = 16

Parries (with energy shield): 1) 1d20+18: [5]+18 = 23 ; 2) 1d20+18: [11]+18 = 29 ; 3) 1d20+18: [19]+18 = 37 ; 4) 1d20+18: [10]+18 = 28 ; 5) 1d20+18: [6]+18 = 24 ; 6) 1d20+18: [11]+18 = 29 ; 7) 1d20+18: [17]+18 = 35 ; 8) 1d20+18: [8]+18 = 26 ; 9) 1d20+18: [4]+18 = 22 ; 10) 1d20+18: [7]+18 = 25 ; 11) 1d20+18: [7]+18 = 25 ; 12) 1d20+18: [16]+18 = 34


Contingent actions: If at any point the footsoldiers cease to be her primary concern and/or the Glitter Boy proves more than a mere nuisance, she will switch focus to him. She will bounce to land upon its back, and then attempt to find and open a maintenace panel that gives access to the pylon system or the main weapon - either it's tie to the GB power plant or targeting, or some other connection. She will then either try to disable it mechanically or violently, whichever seems quicker. These actions replace any of the above actions, as necessary.

Action X: Bounce to behind Glitter Boy, land on its back. Sense of Balance 88% 1d100: [99] = 99 (FAIL)
Multi-task Action X: Weapon Systems 85% 1d100: [57] = 57 (Find external maintenance access point to main Weapon - SUCCESS)
Action X+1: Activate laser Sword
Contingent Action X+1: Climb aboard GlitterBoy; Climbing 110% 1d100: [19] = 19 (SUCCESS)
Multitask Action X+1: Weapon Systems 85% 1d100: [37] = 37 (as above, or try to disable weapon - SUCCESS)
Action X+2: damage main weapon innards (if panel has been located); Strike 1d20+13: [2]+13 = 15 ; damage 5d6: [5, 4, 4, 3, 4] = 20 MD
Multitask action X+2: Weapon Systems 85% 1d100: [2] = 2 (as above, or try to disable weapon - CRIT. SUCCESS)
Action X+3: damage main weapon innards (if panel has been located); Strike 1d20+13: [20]+13 = 33 (Nat. 20!); Damage 5d6: [4, 3, 4, 6, 2] = 19 X2 = 38 MD
Multitask action X+3: Weapon Systems 85% 1d100: [64] = 64 (as above, or try to disable weapon - SUCCESS)
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 45/45
S.D.C.: 31/68


TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 45/45
  • Arms: 40/40 each
  • Legs: 45/45 each
  • Main Body: 100/100

Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, and +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
Features:
  • All Features of Triax EBA
  • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
  • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
  • Infrared & thermal masking


N-F20A Medium Force Field (integrated into FreeRunner Exoskeleton)
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 75

Features:
  • 10 hour duration per E-clip
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 377
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Torment

Post by Barracuda »

Perception: 1d100: [68] = 68 /43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20: [5] = 5 / 1d100: [28] = 28

+2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (1D8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 8 Minutes

"Prisoners? I'll be fixing that." Why would they have prisoners? I guess everything is chaotic at the moment but shouldn't they be helping people?
"Feel free to sneak, Heroes." To assist in the sneaking around, Barracuda silences the sound of footfalls entirely (+20% to Prowl roll). He accepts Daisuke's portal to the rooftop and waits for the mark to continue inside with the breach.

Once the order is given, Barracuda drops in (through the skylight) or portals in (with Daisuke), charges up King Tide and then looks for a group of people that look like they're being held hostage. If he finds them, he'll work on getting them free, either by attacking whoever is keeping them hostage OR breaking their prison open.


Combat Contingencies

APM: 9
Initiative: 1d20+4: [15]+4 = 19

Action 1: Strike enemy with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+12: [1]+12 = 13 6d6+16: [5, 3, 2, 3, 6, 3]+16 = 38
Action 2: Strike enemy with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+12: [16]+12 = 28 6d6+16: [6, 6, 5, 6, 2, 6]+16 = 47
Action 3: Strike enemy with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+12: [20]+12 = 32 6d6+16: [2, 2, 1, 3, 6, 6]+16 = 36
Action 4: Strike enemy with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+12: [11]+12 = 23 6d6+16: [2, 5, 6, 2, 1, 3]+16 = 35
Action 5: Strike enemy with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+12: [5]+12 = 17 6d6+16: [2, 3, 6, 4, 6, 6]+16 = 43
Action 6: Strike enemy with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+12: [1]+12 = 13 6d6+16: [6, 2, 2, 1, 1, 5]+16 = 33
Action 7: Strike enemy with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+12: [6]+12 = 18 6d6+16: [2, 6, 6, 1, 5, 5]+16 = 41
Action 8: Strike enemy with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+12: [13]+12 = 25 6d6+16: [5, 4, 6, 3, 3, 2]+16 = 39
Action 9: Strike enemy with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+12: [2]+12 = 14 6d6+16: [3, 5, 6, 2, 6, 4]+16 = 42

Parries: 1d20+14: [12]+14 = 26 1d20+14: [14]+14 = 28 1d20+14: [4]+14 = 18 1d20+14: [1]+14 = 15 1d20+14: [3]+14 = 17 1d20+14: [18]+14 = 32 1d20+14: [17]+14 = 31 1d20+14: [11]+14 = 25 1d20+14: [14]+14 = 28

Contingency: If the prisoners are in a cage or prison of some sort, Barracuda will use the above rolls to break it open.
Contingency: If there is an energy source that is powering the base, the holding cell for the prisoners, or powering any enemy armors, Barracuda will drain it before freeing any prisoners.
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
Ledger
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
Posts: 363
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Torment

Post by Virtus »

Conditions
Time: Day 8, 9:16am (dim light, equivalent to twilight)
Temperature: 27F
Visibility: 1000ft (haze)
Wind: 5mph out of the Northwest
Snow: 24"
Radio Traffic: heavy interference, light traffic.
Magic Use: Magic within 500ft. nexus rules in effect. Supernatural evil is detectable within 500ft and all will sense it within the scope of time.
Nexus Present within 1 mile
Open Rifts within 1 mile
https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit? ... sp=sharing

Keiko's temporal magic freezes the guards in place as the everyone springs into action. Grant quickly arrives on the rooftop, opening his portal to peer down below. On the base floor he sees a large group of people, mostly elves, that look to have arrived out of a story book, though there are some humans among them dressed in similar fashion. They sit along a northern wall which serves as a division between the maintenance bays and the offices. Immediately one of the elves notices something odd from the roof, perhaps sensing magic in use and casts a spell that Grant knows to be sheltering force, covering some of the other elves. Another elf stands up, doing the same, sheltering others in the group.

The soldiers are looking around confused, unable to see through Grant's portal until Ronith, Barracuda and Ashlynn appear from Daisuke's portal. The Glitteryboys react, but do not lower their boomguns in the confined space, instead raising laser rifles they are carrying. The soldiers do the same as the civilians cry out in panic.

Just as the team springs into action, Jack's eyes catch movement far to the south. It is an observer no doubt. The scout realizes he is spotted and retreats. Jack races after him, coming around the corner, seeing a force advancing on the position.

Just as chaos erupts inside the building, Heroes for Hire receive a harried communication from Jack. "Force coming from the south. They have a t...AHHHH!" and Jack's radio goes silent.
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 260
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Torment

Post by Weiss »

Perception 1d100: [27] = 27
JIC 1d100: [7] = 7 1d20: [6] = 6
Virtus wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:11 am Just as chaos erupts inside the building, Heroes for Hire receive a harried communication from Jack. "Force coming from the south. They have a t...AHHHH!" and Jack's radio goes silent.
"JACK?!!!! Weiss screams as he hears what he fears is Jack's death scream. Hitting a switch, he hunkers down, waiting

"Frak," Weiss swears as he realises he is probably outnumbered

"We have incoming out here. Jack is down, I don't know how bad!" he aims the transmission on point to point directly through the portal as to reduce the chance the enemy will hear it.

Trying to run a passive sensor sweep, he prepares for combat, ready to lock on to the T? as it arrives. For certain he was outnumbered, so it paid to be smart about fighting what was out there. Hunker down and when they appear



sensory equipment 1d100: [18] = 18

Initiative 1d20+3: [15]+3 = 18 +2 vs bots or PA

Attack 1-2 Missile wave 1d20+7: [10]+7 = 17 wave of four HE SRMs against the nearest tank missile damage 2d6*10: [4, 6]*10 = 100 each 5ft blast radius
Attack 3-4 Aimed Rail gun shot 1d20+7: [16]+7 = 23 damage 1d6*10: [3]*10 = 30 on the main gun on the nearest tank not destroyed
Attack 5 Rail Gun 1d20+3: [2]+3 = 5 damage 1d6*10: [5]*10 = 50
Attack 6 rail gun 1d20+3: [15]+3 = 18 damage 1d6*10: [4]*10 = 40
Attack 7 Rail gun 1d20+3: [14]+3 = 17 damage 1d6*10: [4]*10 = 40
Attack 8 Rail Gun 1d20+3: [4]+3 = 7 damage 1d6*10: [2]*10 = 20
Attack 9 Rail Gun 1d20+3: [18]+3 = 21 damage 1d6*10: [3]*10 = 30


ignore these dice rolls below
Dice rolls
Perception 1d100: [36] = 36
JIC 1d100: [94] = 94
1d20: [15] = 15
Last edited by Weiss on Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
Posts: 585
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Torment

Post by Ronith »

Initiative: 1d20+21: [3]+21 = 24
JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 , 1d100: [96] = 96
PER: 1d100: [58] = 58 vs. 94% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)
APM: 11
Conditions
  • Shadow meld: 8m45s, can hide in shadows 5+ ft tall, +15% to prowl, attackers -5 to hit.
  • Extended presence sense: 8m45s, 92% skill, 80ft. range, can pinpoint exact number and location of all sentient beings.
  • Enhanced reflexes: 23m45s, +1 APM, +2 PP [+1 s/p/d], +3 initiative, +1 strike, +2 parry/dodge, +15% on physical skills that rely on coordination or balance.
  • Fighting Spirit: +2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Duration: 7.75 Minutes.
  • Advanced combat awareness (applies to anyone who directs an attack at Ronith): +2 strike and parry, +1 dodge. Opponents lose all machine-provided bonuses, -1 APM, -4 strike Ronith, -2 to dodge Ronith’s attacks.
  • Cloud sensors (applies to RPA pilots): Inexperienced operators (levels 1-3) cannot use sensors at all, lose two attacks every time they try to figure out what’s going on. Experienced operators lose one attack and have a -40% penalty.
Save vs. magic (additional +1 vs. illusions): 1d20+11: [14]+11 = 25 , 1d20+11: [4]+11 = 15 , 1d20+11: [5]+11 = 16

As always, Ronith is first in through the breach. He drops gracefully to the floor, summoning a single crimson psi-sword as he does so. Seeing the massive blade sweep out confirms something Ronith had suspected. Ever since my headache in the city, my psionics have been stronger. Something about this environment must be enhancing them. With luck, we can make use of the advantage. From almost the moment he lands on his feet, Ronith is a blur of movement making full use of his shadow meld, combat acrobatics, presence sense, and combat awareness within the confined space. Trusting Barracuda and Daisuke to begin evacuating the civilians, Ronith will use his cyber-knight senses to pinpoint the glitter boys, and describe a direct path from where he enters the building to their location(s). As he is able, Ronith will sweep any intervening targets of opportunity aside, but he won’t slow down for an instant. His primary target will be disabling each Glitter Boy’s boom gun, or the support system for the same). While he’s at it, Ronith will also try to disarm the laser rifles the pilots are using within the confined space.

Once things go to hell over the radio, Ronith replies as soon as he can ”Jack, pull back. Last Dance Commander, come in. We need support to our south. Weiss, paint them a target and hold the line until we can get to you.” All the while Ronith will continue dancing in-between the renegade NEMAns, targeting the biggest threats while also trying to draw as much of their attention as possible.

Action 1: Psi-sword strike, as above. 1d20+27: [12]+27 = 39 to strike, 8d6: [4, 5, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, 6] = 27 MD.
Action 2: Psi-sword strike, as above. 1d20+27: [7]+27 = 34 to strike, 8d6: [4, 6, 5, 4, 1, 1, 1, 2] = 24 MD.
Action 3: Psi-sword strike, as above. 1d20+27: [5]+27 = 32 to strike, 8d6: [4, 5, 1, 6, 2, 1, 5, 6] = 30 MD.
Action 4: Psi-sword strike, as above. 1d20+27: [6]+27 = 33 to strike, 8d6: [6, 5, 6, 5, 1, 5, 2, 6] = 36 MD.
Action 5: Psi-sword strike, as above. 1d20+27: [6]+27 = 33 to strike, 8d6: [3, 1, 3, 6, 4, 6, 2, 3] = 28 MD.
Action 6: Psi-sword strike, as above. 1d20+27: [7]+27 = 34 to strike, 8d6: [4, 4, 2, 6, 4, 2, 6, 4] = 32 MD.
Action 7: Psi-sword strike, as above. 1d20+27: [4]+27 = 31 to strike, 8d6: [2, 2, 5, 6, 5, 4, 4, 2] = 30 MD.
Action 8: Psi-sword strike, as above. 1d20+27: [12]+27 = 39 to strike, 8d6: [3, 5, 4, 4, 3, 3, 6, 2] = 30 MD.
Action 9: Psi-sword strike, as above. 1d20+27: [17]+27 = 44 to strike, 8d6: [6, 6, 5, 4, 4, 6, 1, 2] = 34 MD.
Actions 10-11: Reserved for communications as above.

Auto-parries: 1d20+32: [4]+32 = 36 , 1d20+32: [8]+32 = 40 , 1d20+32: [8]+32 = 40 , 1d20+32: [14]+32 = 46 , 1d20+32: [2]+32 = 34 , 1d20+32: [16]+32 = 48 , 1d20+32: [4]+32 = 36 , 1d20+32: [20]+32 = 52 , 1d20+32: [14]+32 = 46 , 1d20+32: [5]+32 = 37 , 1d20+32: [17]+32 = 49

Auto-dodges (add +6 for two primary opponents): 1d20+15: [18]+15 = 33 , 1d20+15: [8]+15 = 23 , 1d20+15: [3]+15 = 18 , 1d20+15: [9]+15 = 24 , 1d20+15: [8]+15 = 23 , 1d20+15: [15]+15 = 30 , 1d20+15: [12]+15 = 27 , 1d20+15: [7]+15 = 22 , 1d20+15: [9]+15 = 24 , 1d20+15: [1]+15 = 16 , 1d20+15: [8]+15 = 23
Last edited by Ronith on Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent)
| BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
ISP- 83/91; PPE- 47/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
Frostfang Heals: 3/4. Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (2/3); Cleanse (3/3)
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 465
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Torment

Post by Grant Latham »

New Perception: 78% vs 1d100: [10] = 10
JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4 , 1d100: [45] = 45
Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • Sense Ley Line: 89%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 99%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 150mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 97/97
  • I.S.P.: 92/94
  • P.P.E.: 636/656
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 8 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 25 PPE| 399.00 min | 50 mph, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge +2 Damage diving attack.
  • Fighting Spirit: +2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 7 Minutes
  • Infrared Vision | MA 9 | 2 PPE | 39 min | 2000' |See through 4" S.D.C. .5" light M.D.C. material. 1" dirt. 1' water or heavy M.D.C.
  • Invisibility to Sensors | MA 15 | 20 PPE | 39.00 min
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 59.00 min | 250 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy
  • Invulnerability | BOM 116 | 5 min | Impervious to Cold, Fire, Energy, Disease, Poisons, Toxins, Gases, and Drugs. 50 M.D.C. force field. +10 vs Magic, Psionics, HF
  • Ley Line Storm Defense | 90 PPE | BOM 142 | 200' Diameter | 99 min
  • Mystic Invisibility | MA 17 | 25 PPE | 39.00 min
  • Nightvision | MA 9 | 4 PPE | 57.00 min | 3600' in non magical darkness
  • Mystic Portal | BOM 135 | 20 PPE | 80' | 10' X 20' door | 20 min
  • See the Invisible | BOM 92 | 4 PPE | 19 min | 1200'
  • Sense Evil | BOM 92 | 2 PPE | 39 min | 270' radius

"Excellent!" Grant says to Keiko as he examines the guards in the time stop fields. "Clear to come to the roof." Grant says over the radio. He looks down into the portal, Elves, that explains the magic I sensed, not bound though, interesting.

Weiss wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:13 pm
Jack wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:11 am Just as chaos erupts inside the building, Heroes for Hire receive a harried communication from Jack. "Force coming from the south. They have a t...AHHHH!" and Jack's radio goes silent.
"JACK?!!!! Weiss screams as he hears what he fears is Jack's death scream. Hitting a switch, he hunkers down, aiting

"We have incoming out here. Jack is down, I don't know how bad!" he aims the transmission on point to point directly through the portal as to reduce the chance the enemy will hear it.
Still on the roof. Grant turns towards the noise to the south and moves to the edge of the building. He rises up in the air to get a better angle at what's going on. He looks at the scene to the south his enhanced vision (Nightvision 3600', Infared 2000', See the Invisible 1200'). He uses his radio to share what he sees coming towards them, "XXX is coming towards the building. Moving to engage." He moves his position so any counter attacks are targeted away from the building. We need to figure out who the real enemy is. The elves were left free to cast magic. It could have just been ignorance of the guards, or they could be enchanted. These newcomers have already attacked so we need to defend ourselves. Hopefully we can stop them without having to kill them. They can't afford to be enemies with everything else that's going on. They don't know what is coming.

If he sees large combat vehicles (tanks, robots power armor) he casts Call Lightning (BOM 111 | 15 PPE | 1200' | Autohit, 10d6*2 MDC) to not give away his position. If instead, it looks like it's just troops, Grant flies towards them. When within 200', he begins casting Magic Net targeting groups within 5' radius of each other first (BOM 101 | 7 PPE | 240' | 5' r can catch multiple people if grouped together | Dodge 16 or higher | 12 min | 2 rounds to cut with M.D. weapons, those caught are helpless).


APM: 12 (13 with magic)
Initiative: 1d20+7: [4]+7 = 11
  1. Move to edge of building
  2. View the activity
  3. Rise up in the air (70' over building)
  4. Give intel
  5. Begin casting Call Lightning or move forward
  6. Finish casting Call Lightning 10d6*2: [2, 4, 6, 3, 5, 2, 2, 6, 2, 1]*2 = 66 or move forward
  7. Begin casting Call Lightning or Magic Net
  8. Finish casting Call Lightning 10d6*2: [6, 3, 3, 5, 5, 4, 4, 3, 4, 4]*2 = 82 or Magic Net
  9. Begin casting Call Lightning or Magic Net
  10. Finish casting Call Lightning 10d6*2: [5, 2, 6, 3, 6, 5, 5, 6, 2, 4]*2 = 88 or Magic Net
  11. Begin casting Call Lightning or Magic Net
  12. Finish casting Call Lightning 10d6*2: [1, 1, 3, 2, 6, 1, 3, 4, 4, 5]*2 = 60 or Magic Net
  13. Recover PPE from the nexus (20 PPE)
Parry/Dodge(+11/+6): 12d20: [18, 2, 13, 10, 19, 19, 14, 14, 3, 1, 6, 9] = 128
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record
Info
M.D.C.: 97/[color=#FF00000]97[/color] • P.P.E.: 656/656 • I.S.P.: 94/94 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 89% | 100mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 99% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 1500mi • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Ashlynn
Posts: 261
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Torment

Post by Ashlynn »

Perception: 79% /84% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100: [34] = 34

JIC: 1d20: [6] = 6
JIC: 1d100: [94] = 94

Conditions:
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 13.5 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fighting Spirit: +2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 8 Minutes

When Ashlynn enters and sees elvish prisoners, and sees Ronith spring into action, she does the same, pinging from one enemy to another at high speed, attempting to knock them flat so they can be more easily disabled.
Jack wrote:"Force coming from the south. They have a t...AHHHH!"
Ashlynn's eyes widen as she attacks, but she holds her focus. Poor Jack - I hope you're okay! Just... hang on! We'll find you soon! Looking at the enemies, she says, as she flings herself between them, "Right... you'll pay for that!"


Initiative: 1d20+12: [15]+12 = 27
APM: 12

Action 1: Bounce bodyblock/tackle 1d20+12: [11]+12 = 23 ; damage 2d4: [3, 2] = 5 , Knockdown 60% 1d100: [7] = 7 (SUCCESS)
Multi-task Action 1: Eyeball a Fella 80% 1d100: [5] = 5 (spot the leader/s - CRIT. SUCCESS)
Action 2: Bounce bodyblock/tackle 1d20+12: [13]+12 = 25 ; damage 2d4: [1, 3] = 4 , Knockdown 60% 1d100: [43] = 43 (SUCCESS)
Action 3: Bounce bodyblock/tackle 1d20+12: [15]+12 = 27 ; damage 2d4: [1, 4] = 5 , Knockdown 60% 1d100: [28] = 28 (SUCCESS)
Action 4: Bounce bodyblock/tackle 1d20+12: [11]+12 = 23 ; damage 2d4: [3, 2] = 5 , Knockdown 60% 1d100: [65] = 65 (FAIL)
Action 5: Bounce bodyblock/tackle 1d20+12: [16]+12 = 28 ; damage 2d4: [1, 4] = 5 , Knockdown 60% 1d100: [15] = 15 (SUCCESS)
Action 6: Bounce bodyblock/tackle 1d20+12: [18]+12 = 30 ; damage 2d4: [3, 1] = 4 , Knockdown 60% 1d100: [36] = 36 (SUCCESS)
Action 7: Bounce bodyblock/tackle 1d20+12: [8]+12 = 20 ; damage 2d4: [4, 4] = 8 , Knockdown 60% 1d100: [69] = 69 (FAIL)
Action 8: Bounce bodyblock/tackle 1d20+12: [15]+12 = 27 ; damage 2d4: [1, 3] = 4 , Knockdown 60% 1d100: [51] = 51 (SUCCESS)
Action 9: Bounce bodyblock/tackle 1d20+12: [1]+12 = 13 ; damage 2d4: [2, 2] = 4 , Knockdown 60% 1d100: [49] = 49 (SUCCESS)
Action 10: Bounce bodyblock/tackle 1d20+12: [16]+12 = 28 ; damage 2d4: [3, 4] = 7 , Knockdown 60% 1d100: [58] = 58 (SUCCESS)
Action 11: Bounce bodyblock/tackle 1d20+12: [6]+12 = 18 ; damage 2d4: [4, 2] = 6 , Knockdown 60% 1d100: [21] = 21 (SUCCESS)
Action 12: Bounce bodyblock/tackle 1d20+12: [11]+12 = 23 ; damage 2d4: [1, 4] = 5 , Knockdown 60% 1d100: [6] = 6 (SUCCESS)

Parries (with energy shield): 1) 1d20+18: [3]+18 = 21 ; 2) 1d20+18: [2]+18 = 20 ; 3) 1d20+18: [14]+18 = 32 ; 4) 1d20+18: [3]+18 = 21 ; 5) 1d20+18: [10]+18 = 28 ; 6) 1d20+18: [15]+18 = 33 ; 7) 1d20+18: [8]+18 = 26 ; 8) 1d20+18: [14]+18 = 32 ; 9) 1d20+18: [1]+18 = 19 ; 10) 1d20+18: [9]+18 = 27 ; 11) 1d20+18: [13]+18 = 31 ; 12) 1d20+18: [9]+18 = 27

Auto-dodges: 1) 1d20+5: [19]+5 = 24 ; 2) 1d20+5: [10]+5 = 15 ; 3) 1d20+5: [7]+5 = 12 ; 4) 1d20+5: [2]+5 = 7 ; 5) 1d20+5: [6]+5 = 11 ; 6) 1d20+5: [15]+5 = 20 ; 7) 1d20+5: [12]+5 = 17 ; 8) 1d20+5: [4]+5 = 9 ; 9) 1d20+5: [18]+5 = 23 ; 10) 1d20+5: [7]+5 = 12 ; 11) 1d20+5: [12]+5 = 17 ; 12) 1d20+5: [16]+5 = 21

Contingent actions: If at any point the footsoldiers cease to be her primary concern and/or the Glitter Boy proves more than a mere nuisance, she will switch focus to him. She will bounce to land upon its back, and then attempt to find and open a maintenace panel that gives access to the pylon system or the main weapon - either it's tie to the GB power plant or targeting, or some other connection. She will then either try to disable it mechanically or violently, whichever seems quicker. These actions replace any of the above actions, as necessary.

Action X: Bounce to behind Glitter Boy, land on its back. Sense of Balance 88% 1d100: [46] = 46 (SUCCESS)
Multi-task Action X: Weapon Systems 85% 1d100: [22] = 22 (Find external maintenance access point to main Weapon - SUCCESS)
Action X+1: Activate laser Sword
Contingent Action X+1 (If landing on its back fails): Climb aboard GlitterBoy; Climbing 110% 1d100: [86] = 86 (SUCCESS)
Multitask Action X+1: Weapon Systems 85% 1d100: [51] = 51 (as above, or try to disable weapon - SUCCESS)
Action X+2: damage main weapon innards (if panel has been located); Strike 1d20+13: [10]+13 = 23 ; damage 5d6: [5, 3, 3, 4, 1] = 16 MD
Multitask action X+2: Weapon Systems 85% 1d100: [69] = 69 (as above, or try to disable weapon - SUCCESS)
Action X+3: damage main weapon innards (if panel has been located); Strike 1d20+13: [1]+13 = 14 (Nat. 1!); Damage 5d6: [2, 4, 5, 6, 2] = 19 MD
Multitask action X+3: Weapon Systems 85% 1d100: [50] = 50 (as above, or try to disable weapon - SUCCESS)
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 45/45
S.D.C.: 31/68


TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 45/45
  • Arms: 40/40 each
  • Legs: 45/45 each
  • Main Body: 100/100

Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, and +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
Features:
  • All Features of Triax EBA
  • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
  • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
  • Infrared & thermal masking


N-F20A Medium Force Field (integrated into FreeRunner Exoskeleton)
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 75

Features:
  • 10 hour duration per E-clip
User avatar
Keiko
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

Re: Torment

Post by Keiko »

Perception: 1d100: [57] = 57 /36%
JIC: 1d20: [7] = 7 ; 1d100: [42] = 42
Active Effects
  • Dimensional Attenuation: 110 Miles
  • Excellent hearing and smell
  • Sixth Sense
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fighting Spirit: +2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 16 Minutes
  • Energy Sphere | 120 PPE | BOM 120 | 38 days | 684 P.P.E./500 M.D.C.
  • Invisibility: Simple | BOM 97 | Duration: 24 minutes
  • AOI from Armor | MDC: 50/50
Keiko is moments from joining the others in dropping into the bay when she hears Jack's transmission.
Jack wrote:"Force coming from the south. They have a t...AHHHH!"
Shit. Jack is down. What was he doing so far away from everyone else? Must have saw something and gone to investigate. Ok what do we have. Wiess and Grant are moving to intercept. Everyone else has gone into the building. Three outside should be good to hold out till the others can deal with the GBs.

Keiko gets some elevation and Id's the targets with the naked eye. She keys her radio, "We have three groups of troops and two tanks approaching from the south. Three to four hundred yards out. Wiess, Grant you take the tanks. I'll handle the troops." Keiko, still invisible, will hover over the building the rest of H4H is fighting in and begin firing on the troops on the ground. Tesla Bow Range 1500' or 500 yards.

No going easy on these guys. Time to let loose.

Combat:
APM: 8
Init: 1d20+7: [5]+7 = 12

Conditions: Invisibility, AOI, Fighting Spirit;
Tesla Effect:
Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Action 1: Move and Radio to the group about the new hostiles.
Action 2: Draw Bow
Action 3: Fire at dismounted troop. Strike: 1d20+17: [17]+17 = 34 ; Damage: 4d6: [6, 6, 1, 1] = 14 MD + Tesla Effect
Action 4: Fire at dismounted troop. Strike: 1d20+17: [2]+17 = 19 ; Damage: 4d6: [1, 4, 4, 5] = 14 MD + Tesla Effect
Action 5: Fire at dismounted troop. Strike: 1d20+17: [8]+17 = 25 ; Damage: 4d6: [1, 3, 1, 3] = 8 MD + Tesla Effect
Action 6: Fire at dismounted troop. Strike: 1d20+17: [10]+17 = 27 ; Damage: 4d6: [5, 4, 5, 6] = 20 MD + Tesla Effect
Action 7: Fire at dismounted troop. Strike: 1d20+17: [16]+17 = 33 ; Damage: 4d6: [4, 3, 4, 2] = 13 MD + Tesla Effect
Action 8: Fire at dismounted troop. Strike: 1d20+17: [10]+17 = 27 ; Damage: 4d6: [6, 3, 5, 3] = 17 MD + Tesla Effect

Auto-Dodge: 1d20+5: [9]+5 = 14 ; 1d20+5: [10]+5 = 15 ; 1d20+5: [14]+5 = 19 ; 1d20+5: [20]+5 = 25 ; 1d20+5: [14]+5 = 19 ; 1d20+5: [6]+5 = 11 ; 1d20+5: [12]+5 = 17 ; 1d20+5: [4]+5 = 9

Contingencies:
- If AOI goes down Keiko will burn an action to reactivate it from her armor.
- If Keiko's target goes down she will switch to the next closest dismounted troop.
- If a commander or leader is easily visible she will engage the leader to throw the troops into disarray.
Keiko

P.P.E.: 110/110
I.S.P.: 35/35
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 86/86
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
Helmet - 40/40
Left Arm 20/20
Right Arm 20/20
Right Leg 30/30
Left Leg 30/30
Main Body - 60/60
Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 377
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Torment

Post by Barracuda »

Perception: 1d100: [18] = 18 /43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9 / 1d100: [3] = 3
Saves vs Magic: 1d20+7: [9]+7 = 16 1d20+7: [13]+7 = 20 1d20+7: [17]+7 = 24

+2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (1D8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 8 Minutes


Barracuda emerges from the portal, a figure to behold. His large physique, aquatic themed armor and forked polearm give the appearance of a power sea-warrior. He takes in the scene and plans. Elves and humans. Not sure who's trapped here. Big robots, those are gonna be the bad guys. We're not on offense, we're saving lives. Alright, time to take some hits. Let's do this, Corwin!

"The cavalry has arrived! Anyone who's trapped here, make your way toward this portal please! Giant robot folks, put your guns down unless you want to be crushed!"

Barracuda looks to see if there are obvious 'prisoners' in this situation. If so, he will work on freeing them (using King Tide or any other method that makes sense). If it's not as clear as that, he will ask an elf or human "Are you coming or not? We're here to free you!" If they attack, he'll defend himself. If not, he'll lead them through the portal.

Combat (if necessary):
APM: 9
Initiative: 1d20+4: [10]+4 = 14


Action 1: Strike enemy with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+12: [20]+12 = 32 (CRIT!) Damage: 6d6+16: [5, 5, 6, 4, 2, 1]+16 = 39 X2=62 MD
Action 2: Strike enemy with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+12: [17]+12 = 29 Damage: 6d6+16: [3, 5, 5, 5, 2, 5]+16 = 41
Action 3: Strike enemy with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+12: [10]+12 = 22 Damage: 6d6+16: [3, 2, 5, 2, 3, 4]+16 = 35
Action 4: Strike enemy with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+12: [13]+12 = 25 Damage: 6d6+16: [5, 1, 4, 2, 5, 4]+16 = 37
Action 5: Strike enemy with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+12: [7]+12 = 19 Damage: 6d6+16: [3, 1, 4, 4, 1, 1]+16 = 30
Action 6: Strike enemy with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+12: [9]+12 = 21 Damage: 6d6+16: [6, 5, 4, 3, 5, 6]+16 = 45
Action 7: Strike enemy with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+12: [12]+12 = 24 Damage: 6d6+16: [2, 1, 1, 4, 1, 3]+16 = 28
Action 8: Strike enemy with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+12: [8]+12 = 20 Damage: 6d6+16: [3, 4, 6, 5, 4, 5]+16 = 43
Action 9: Strike enemy with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+12: [10]+12 = 22 Damage: 6d6+16: [5, 6, 6, 5, 1, 6]+16 = 45

Parries: 1d20+14: [4]+14 = 18 1d20+14: [5]+14 = 19 1d20+14: [7]+14 = 21 1d20+14: [9]+14 = 23 1d20+14: [11]+14 = 25 1d20+14: [5]+14 = 19 1d20+14: [20]+14 = 34 (CRIT!) 1d20+14: [7]+14 = 21 1d20+14: [12]+14 = 26


Contingency: If the prisoners are in a cage or prison of some sort, Barracuda will use the above rolls to break it open.
Contingency: If there is an energy source that is powering the base, the holding cell for the prisoners, or powering any enemy armors, Barracuda will drain it before freeing any prisoners.
Contingency: If he sees any enemy mages casting spells, he will mute them using Warp Sound.
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
Ledger
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
Posts: 363
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Torment

Post by Virtus »

Weiss fires on the tanks. Tank and soldiers fire back. Missiles launched at the DOT building.

Things inside go crazy as the team lands on the maintenance bay floor. Ronith advances on the Glitterboys. The strike back, but at the close range he deflects all of the attacks and within seconds destroys the boom gun. Ashlynn takes on the soldiers. She begins bouncing from one to another and then suddenly sees what is unmistakably a carpet of adhesion and sticks to the soldier she was bouncing too. There are two elves casting spells.

Last Dance races to the south. One of them is lost due to fire from the second tank.

Grant calls down lightning on advancing troops as several volleys of missiles arc overhead towards the DOT building as Weiss joins the fray, bringing down fire on the advancing force. Grant faces return fire.

Barracuda lands and calls to the elves to follow him. The looks of confusion are readily apparent as they draw weapons to deal with the sudden attack. They speak in a thick elven tongue. "What?! Where are we going?" They look back to the soldiers who are also looking on in confusion.

Ronith spares no time, moving to the other glitterboy to take out the biggest threat.

Inside the DOT building the roof roars as the building collapses. Rooftop ACs, steel i beams and all manner of debris fall in on everyone inside.

Keiko tears into the advancing troops as their advance stops and a withdraw is engaged, pulling back, also taking return fire.


Butcher's Bill
Everyone inside (including inside armor) take 37 SDC.
Grant takes 23 MDC from laser fire
Keiko takes 18 MDC from laser fire
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
Posts: 585
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Torment

Post by Ronith »

Initiative: 1d20+21: [16]+21 = 37
JIC: 1d20: [7] = 7 , 1d100: [1] = 1
PER: 1d100: [75] = 75 vs. 94% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)
APM: 11
Conditions
  • Shadow meld: 8m30s, can hide in shadows 5+ ft tall, +15% to prowl, attackers -5 to hit.
  • Extended presence sense: 8m30s, 92% skill, 80ft. range, can pinpoint exact number and location of all sentient beings.
  • Enhanced reflexes: 23m30s, +1 APM, +2 PP [+1 s/p/d], +3 initiative, +1 strike, +2 parry/dodge, +15% on physical skills that rely on coordination or balance.
  • Fighting Spirit: +2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Duration: 7.50 Minutes.
  • Advanced combat awareness (applies to anyone who directs an attack at Ronith): +2 strike and parry, +1 dodge. Opponents lose all machine-provided bonuses, -1 APM, -4 strike Ronith, -2 to dodge Ronith’s attacks.
  • Cloud sensors (applies to RPA pilots): Inexperienced operators (levels 1-3) cannot use sensors at all, lose two attacks every time they try to figure out what’s going on. Experienced operators lose one attack and have a -40% penalty.
To the elvish prisoners (assuming he’s in a position to respond), Ronith will reply in flawless elvish ”Just outside, then somewhere safe!” Then the building collapses. Blast. Not again. While Ronith himself isn’t more than knocked around a bit by the falling debris, he will be concerned about the refugees and the rest of the team. Unless the second glitter boy is still active and attacking through the collapse, Ronith will then concentrate on doing what he can to protect the others from falling debris (and neutralizing any additional hostiles as appropriate). This will include trying to intercept, parry, or otherwise halt any large beams or other pieces of debris, and rescuing anyone trapped beneath some of the same.

Action 1: Strike with psi-sword as needed: 1d20+27: [4]+27 = 31 , 8d6: [4, 5, 6, 4, 2, 3, 4, 5] = 33 MD.
Action 2: Strike with psi-sword as needed: 1d20+27: [2]+27 = 29 , 8d6: [4, 3, 2, 2, 4, 5, 5, 5] = 30 MD.
Action 3: Strike with psi-sword as needed: 1d20+27: [9]+27 = 36 , 8d6: [4, 6, 4, 3, 4, 5, 4, 2] = 32 MD.
Action 4: Strike with psi-sword as needed: 1d20+27: [18]+27 = 45 , 8d6: [6, 5, 6, 1, 5, 3, 4, 4] = 34 x2=68 MD.
Action 5: Strike with psi-sword as needed: 1d20+27: [18]+27 = 45 , 8d6: [6, 2, 3, 2, 1, 6, 2, 2] = 24 x2=48 MD.
Action 6: Strike with psi-sword as needed: 1d20+27: [5]+27 = 32 , 8d6: [2, 5, 6, 4, 3, 4, 1, 6] = 31 MD.
Action 7: Strike with psi-sword as needed: 1d20+27: [20]+27 = 47 , 8d6: [2, 5, 3, 6, 2, 1, 5, 5] = 29 x2=58 MD.
Action 8: Strike with psi-sword as needed: 1d20+27: [19]+27 = 46 , 8d6: [6, 5, 4, 3, 6, 4, 2, 3] = 33 x2=66 MD.
Action 9: Strike with psi-sword as needed: 1d20+27: [7]+27 = 34 , 8d6: [5, 1, 6, 2, 5, 6, 5, 3] = 33 MD.
Action 10: Strike with psi-sword as needed: 1d20+27: [5]+27 = 32 , 8d6: [2, 3, 4, 2, 2, 1, 5, 2] = 21 MD.
Action 11: Strike with psi-sword as needed: 1d20+27: [17]+27 = 44 , 8d6: [5, 3, 3, 1, 6, 4, 5, 3] = 30 MD.

Auto-parries: 1d20+32: [4]+32 = 36 , 1d20+32: [8]+32 = 40 , 1d20+32: [6]+32 = 38 , 1d20+32: [17]+32 = 49 , 1d20+32: [5]+32 = 37 , 1d20+32: [16]+32 = 48 , 1d20+32: [10]+32 = 42 , 1d20+32: [5]+32 = 37 , 1d20+32: [3]+32 = 35 , 1d20+32: [2]+32 = 34 , 1d20+32: [15]+32 = 47

Auto-dodges (add +6 for two primary opponents): 1d20+15: [9]+15 = 24 , 1d20+15: [19]+15 = 34 , 1d20+15: [6]+15 = 21 , 1d20+15: [3]+15 = 18 , 1d20+15: [16]+15 = 31 , 1d20+15: [4]+15 = 19 , 1d20+15: [7]+15 = 22 , 1d20+15: [19]+15 = 34 , 1d20+15: [15]+15 = 30 , 1d20+15: [5]+15 = 20 , 1d20+15: [4]+15 = 19
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent)
| BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
ISP- 83/91; PPE- 47/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
Frostfang Heals: 3/4. Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (2/3); Cleanse (3/3)
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 465
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Torment

Post by Grant Latham »

New Perception: 78% vs 1d100: [30] = 30
JIC: 1d20: [11] = 11 , 1d100: [2] = 2
Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • Sense Ley Line: 89%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 99%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 150mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 97/97
  • I.S.P.: 92/94
  • P.P.E.: 606/656
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
Sustain | BOM 109 | 8 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.

Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 25 PPE| 398.75 min | 50 mph, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge +2 Damage diving

Fighting Spirit | 6.75 min | +2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw

Infrared Vision | MA 9 | 2 PPE | 38.75 min | 2000' |See through 4" S.D.C. .5" light M.D.C. material. 1" dirt. 1' water or heavy M.D.C.

Invisibility to Sensors | MA 15 | 20 PPE | 38.75 min

Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 58.75 min | 250 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy

Invulnerability | BOM 116 | 4.75 min | Impervious to Cold, Fire, Energy, Disease, Poisons, Toxins, Gases, and Drugs. 50 M.D.C. force field. +10 vs Magic, Psionics, HF

Ley Line Storm Defense | 90 PPE | BOM 142 | 200' Diameter | 98.75 min

Mystic Invisibility | MA 17 | 25 PPE | 38.75 min

Nightvision | MA 9 | 4 PPE | 56.75 min | 3600' in non magical darkness

Mystic Portal | BOM 135 | 20 PPE | 80' | 10' X 20' door | 19.75 min

See the Invisible | BOM 92 | 4 PPE | 18.75 min | 1200'

Sense Evil | BOM 92 | 2 PPE | 38.75 min | 270' radius


Grant is surprised as the flashes of laser light fired in the air actually strike him since he had taken no overt action to reveal his invisible presence up in the air, the lightning bolts having rained down from the sky and not directly from him; however the mage had multiple layered defenses and the laser light is absorbed harmlessly by the Invulnerability field around him.

Unable to react in time to target the missile volleys he can only watch them streak past and strike the building. I need to divert these people's attention.

Grant swoops down towards street level, moving towards the advancing troops. He uses the buildings to provide partial cover so he will reduce the random chance of being struck by return fire. He casts Aura of Power (BOM 93 | 20 min | Appears +3 lvls, 1d4+2: [4]+2 = 6 M.A. Psionic See Aura will see truth. Magic See Aura will fluctuate). and Charismatic Aura (BOM 99 | 30 min | 240' radius | Save vs Magic 15 | +8 P.B. Friendship/trust, Power/Fear, Successful Deception (80% believe)). With the magic in place, he drops his simple invisibility spell and yells, "Hold your fire!"

Mental Affinity: 26 - 88% Trust/Intimidate vs 1d100: [50] = 50
Physical Beauty: 22 - 60% Charm/Impress vs 1d100: [92] = 92
Successful Deception 80% vs 1d100: [7] = 7

He steps out (his hands outstretched, sword point down) into their view continuing to speak. "Another team had already entered the building to neutralize the defenders. Again, hold your fire!" He continues to weave his deception. "Let me verify the status of our team in the building, they may have already gained control."

Over the radio, Grant says, "Team what is your status? Are you okay? I've asked the other team to hold their fire." Hopefully, Sir Ronith, Corwin, and John will understand the subtext. He continues the conversation letting the magic influence their minds, asking who their leader is, why did they attack before giving the 'signal' and other statements to give credence to his story that he is part of a covert team that was attempting to infiltrate the building.

If his bluff is insufficient, he reactivates his invisibility and then flies upward at an angle. Balancing the lives of everyone involved, he quickly decides his own team takes precedence, and will cast World Bizarre (BOM 126 | Takes 2 actions | 40 PPE | 800' | 400' radius | 5 min | Save vs HF 17 | Everything takes on a monstrous appearance. Those that fail are -1 APM, -2 Init/Strike/Parry, -10% skills) to encapsulate the troops and hover tanks.


APM: 12 (13 with magic)
Initiative: 1d20+7: [7]+7 = 14
  1. Fly down
  2. Fly down
  3. Fly down
  4. Cast Aura of Power
  5. Cast of Charismatic Aura
  6. Shout to hold fire
  7. Step out and continue to speak
  8. Continue the deception.
  9. Continue the deception.
  10. Continue the deception.
  11. Continue the deception.
  12. Continue the deception.
  13. Continue the deception.

Contingencies:

If Grant's invincible armor goes down, he'll spend an action to cast Armor Bizarre (15 PPE | BOM 104 | HF 14 | 20 min | 150 M.D.C. -1 Init to Viewers, must save vs HF each round), multiple times as necessary.

Parry/Dodge(+11/+6): 12d20: [14, 18, 20, 9, 17, 12, 5, 19, 11, 12, 19, 4] = 160
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record
Info
M.D.C.: 97/[color=#FF00000]97[/color] • P.P.E.: 656/656 • I.S.P.: 94/94 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 89% | 100mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 99% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 1500mi • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 377
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Torment

Post by Barracuda »

Perception: 1d100: [2] = 2 /43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20: [1] = 1 / 1d100: [78] = 78
+2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (1D8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 8 Minutes


After making his call for prisoners to follow him, Barracuda becomes stumped with the language barrier thrown in front of him. "I... I don't know what you're saying! Shit... " Do I leave the portal unattended and help with the battle? Do I try to communicate some other way?
Maybe they know Japanese?
But the decision is made for him as the roof comes crashing down around them. He makes his voice loud enough to be heard by everyone present. "Prisoners, escape through this portal before it's too late!
Come this way now!
"
He'll lash out at any debris that falls near him to keep a path clear.
Grant Latham wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:57 am Over the radio, Grant says, "Team what is your status? Are you okay? I've asked the other team to hold their fire."
"Not okay! Building is falling in on us, can't figure out who's a prisoner and who's not, lots of guns!"

Combat: Use above rolls if needed.
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
Ledger
User avatar
Keiko
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

Re: Torment

Post by Keiko »

Perception: 1d100: [41] = 41 /36%
JIC: 1d20: [7] = 7 ; 1d100: [58] = 58
Active Effects
  • Dimensional Attenuation: 110 Miles
  • Excellent hearing and smell
  • Sixth Sense
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fighting Spirit: +2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 16 Minutes
  • Energy Sphere | 120 PPE | BOM 120 | 38 days | 544 P.P.E./500 M.D.C.
  • Invisibility: Simple | BOM 97 | Duration: 24 minutes
  • AOI from Armor | MDC: 32/50
Keiko's jaw drops as she watch Grant. What in the ever loving mega verse is that idiot doing? Really? That is NOT something to do in combat. What kind of morons did I end up falling in with? Oh well, just makes it that much more challenging. Keiko gives Grant his moment. Keiko shakes her head before keying her mic, "Grant keep away from the tanks." Keiko casts Time Stop again on the tanks to prevent them from dropping any more heavy fire on H4H. As Keiko returns to the building she chuckles to herself as she sees the two guards suspended in the air still standing on the parts of the roof that were isolated in her time stop spell. Well those guys are in for a bad day when that spell dissipates.

Combat:

Conditions: AOI, Invisibility, Fighting Spirit, Energy Sphere
Tesla Effect:
Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
APM: 8

Init: 1d20+7: [10]+7 = 17

Action 1: Fly 80' above the tanks and radio Grant.
Action 2-3: Cast Time Warp: Stop Time on one of the tanks. (-70 PPE from Energy Sphere) Duration 2 minutes.
Action 4-5: Cast Time Warp: Stop Time on the other tank. (-70 PPE from Energy Sphere) Duration 2 minutes.
Action 6: Fly back to the collapsed building.
Action 7: Fire on any troops looking to continue the fight. Strike: 1d20+17: [13]+17 = 30 ; Damage: 4d6: [2, 5, 6, 3] = 16 MD + Tesla Effect
Action 8: Fire on any troops looking to continue the fight. Strike: 1d20+17: [6]+17 = 23 ; Damage: 4d6: [3, 5, 4, 6] = 18 MD + Tesla Effect

Auto-Dodge: 1d20+5: [8]+5 = 13 ; 1d20+5: [6]+5 = 11 ; 1d20+5: [1]+5 = 6 ; 1d20+5: [5]+5 = 10 ; 1d20+5: [1]+5 = 6 ; 1d20+5: [1]+5 = 6 ; 1d20+5: [15]+5 = 20 ; 1d20+5: [4]+5 = 9

Contingencies:
- If AOI goes down Keiko will burn an action to reactivate it from her armor.
- If Keiko's target goes down she will switch to the next closest dismounted troop.
- If a commander or leader is easily visible she will engage the leader to throw the troops into disarray.
Keiko

P.P.E.: 110/110
I.S.P.: 35/35
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 86/86
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
Helmet - 40/40
Left Arm 20/20
Right Arm 20/20
Right Leg 30/30
Left Leg 30/30
Main Body - 60/60
Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Ashlynn
Posts: 261
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Torment

Post by Ashlynn »

Perception: 79% /84% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100: [82] = 82

JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19
JIC: 1d100: [14] = 14

Conditions:
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 13.5 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fighting Spirit: +2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 8 Minutes
  • Entangled (Carpet of Adhesion)
As Ashlynn bounces from target to target, she spots the tell-tale sign of a carpet of adhesion, but she is moving to fast to react to it. "FRAK!" Stuck, Ashlynn attempts to extricate herself as the building collapses. Stupid elves! We were trying to SAVE you!
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 45/45
S.D.C.: 31/68


TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 45/45
  • Arms: 40/40 each
  • Legs: 45/45 each
  • Main Body: 100/100

Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, and +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
Features:
  • All Features of Triax EBA
  • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
  • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
  • Infrared & thermal masking


N-F20A Medium Force Field (integrated into FreeRunner Exoskeleton)
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 75

Features:
  • 10 hour duration per E-clip
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 260
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Torment

Post by Weiss »

Perception 56% 1d100: [12] = 12
JIC 1d100: [80] = 80 1d20: [5] = 5

Surprised that nobody fired at the 18 foot robot launching missiles and firing rail gun rounds at them, he readies the Beauty for a second wave as the missiles streak past and bring down the building.

"Do you require assistance getting out of the building?" he comms, waiting to hear who replies and needs assistance. He scans for Jack. hoping to find him


As Grant attempts to talk them down, Weiss mouths WTF If he is successful, Weiss will move the Beauty over to the building to begin digging out their teammates.


If more likely, they open fire on them again, Weiss returns fire with the rail gun, trying to stay in cover and prioritising any further missile strikes. If he has chance to assess which one is the most badly damaged, he will concentrate fire on that one, unless one is a direct imminent threat to one of his teammates
OOC Comments
Use the same attacks below for missile interception
initiative 1d20+3: [14]+3 = 17
Action 1 sensory equipment 74% 1d100: [35] = 35
Attack 2 fire rail gun strike 1d20+3: [12]+3 = 15 damage 1d6*10: [2]*10 = 20
attack 3 fire rail gun strike 1d20+3: [14]+3 = 17 damage 1d6*10: [1]*10 = 10
attack 4 fire rail gun strike 1d20+3: [19]+3 = 22 damage 1d6*10: [3]*10 = 30
attack 5 fire rail gun strike 1d20+3: [5]+3 = 8 damage 1d6*10: [2]*10 = 20
6 fire rail gun strike 1d20+3: [14]+3 = 17 damage 1d6*10: [5]*10 = 50
7 fire rail gun strike 1d20+3: [4]+3 = 7 damage 1d6*10: [1]*10 = 10
8 fire rail gun strike 1d20+3: [11]+3 = 14 damage 1d6*10: [4]*10 = 40
9 fire rail gun strike 1d20+3: [1]+3 = 4 1d6*10: [1]*10 = 10
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
Posts: 363
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Torment

Post by Virtus »

Ronith disables the other Glitterboy As the building collapses, Ronith uses his immense skill and strength to split one of the main load bearing beams and thrusts them aside. The air bites sharply on exposed skin. The cries of those trapped within the rubble can be heard. Darkness falls over everyone inside. For just a moment, all those on the outside can see is a building in disarray until a huge piece of roof is flipped out of the way with Ronith emerging with elven survivors.

Barracuda leaps through the open portal as the building collapses, following many elves who are fleeing the building. Much to his surprise, the elves grab several of the soldiers that Ashlynn had knocked down just before they leap through the portal themselves.

((Sorry Grant, I forgot the invisibly aspect when I made the post. I'm saying that they were shooting wild ... really wild. But you've taken the opportunity to employ your ruse, flying to cover and then engaging them in speech)) Outside Grant flies down to engage the advancing troops. He informs them that they have a team inside. A lieutenant yells out from a defended position, confused. "So all the renegades are dead? What about those dimensional beings?" He grits his teeth. "We're to eliminate all anomalies we find." ((They have not seen you fly or use magic and they assume that you're just a regular human from St Louis region.)) Keiko watches on in disbelief.

One of the glitterboys emerge from the rubble of the DOT bay. The lieutenant yells at Grant, "Get down! We've got a guardsman on the move!" The tanks immediately fire upon the glitterboy and begin pursuit, bringing down the power armor in seconds.

Weiss can move Blue to start digging it out, but he understands the sight of an unknown robot, it might set them off.

Ashlynn, now stuck to the man she pegged as leader under the rubble, when a voice calls out in the darkness, "Where in the hell did Washington find you? What are you? Come from command? Some damn altered?" he says, struggling against the magical restraint.

((I've stopped this here to allow some reaction, but continue with combat posts if appropriate)).
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 465
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Torment

Post by Grant Latham »

New Perception: 78% vs 1d100: [65] = 65
JIC: 1d20: [1] = 1 , 1d100: [46] = 46
Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • Sense Ley Line: 89%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 99%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 150mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 97/97
  • I.S.P.: 92/94
  • P.P.E.: 612/656
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
Sustain | BOM 109 | 8 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.

Aura of Power | BOM 93 | 4 PPE| 20 min | Appears +3 lvls, +6 M.A. Psionic See Aura will see truth. Magic See Aura will fluctuate)

Charismatic Aura| BOM 99 | 10 PPE| 30 min | +8 P.B. Friendship/Trust, Power/Fear, Successful Deception 80%

Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 25 PPE| 398.50 min | 50 mph, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge +2 Damage diving

Fighting Spirit | 6.50 min | +2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw

Infrared Vision | MA 9 | 2 PPE | 38.50 min | 2000' |See through 4" S.D.C. .5" light M.D.C. material. 1" dirt. 1' water or heavy M.D.C.

Invisibility to Sensors | MA 15 | 20 PPE | 38.50 min

Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 58.50 min | 250 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy

Invulnerability | BOM 116 | 4.50 min | Impervious to Cold, Fire, Energy, Disease, Poisons, Toxins, Gases, and Drugs. 50 M.D.C. force field. +10 vs Magic, Psionics, HF

Ley Line Storm Defense | 90 PPE | BOM 142 | 200' Diameter | 98.50 min

Mystic Invisibility | MA 17 | 25 PPE | 38.50 min

Nightvision | MA 9 | 4 PPE | 56.50 min | 3600' in non magical darkness

Mystic Portal | BOM 135 | 20 PPE | 80' | 10' X 20' door | 19.50 min

See the Invisible | BOM 92 | 4 PPE | 18.50 min | 1200'

Sense Evil | BOM 92 | 2 PPE | 38.50 min | 270' radius


Mental Affinity: 26 - 88% Trust/Intimidate vs 1d100: [24] = 24
Physical Beauty: 22 - 60% Charm/Impress vs 1d100: [26] = 26
Successful Deception 80% vs 1d100: [19] = 19
Barracuda wrote:"Not okay! Building is falling in on us, can't figure out who's a prisoner and who's not, lots of guns!"
Not great, but chances are good they are just trapped and injured versus dead, Grant thinks.
Enchanted Lieutenant wrote: Outside Grant flies down to engage the advancing troops. He informs them that they have a team inside. A lieutenant yells out from a defended position, confused. "So all the renegades are dead? What about those dimensional beings?" He grits his teeth. "We're to eliminate all anomalies we find."
The mage feels the magic around him, it may just be his imagination, but it pulses in waves in time with his heart beat, fast but steady. Just got to keep them talking. Got to reinforce the story that we are another team. "Colonel Tur..." Grant begins.
Enchanted Lieutenant wrote:One of the glitterboys emerge from the rubble of the DOT bay. The lieutenant yells at Grant, "Get down! We've got a guardsman on the move!" The tanks immediately fire upon the glitterboy and begin pursuit, bringing down the power armor in seconds.
Grant drops and rolls to stay clear of the fire. He looks back at the smoking heap, clicking his radio so it will transmit his conversation with the lieutenant. He activates his
(Telepathy | RUE 177 | 4 ISP | 20 min | Surface Thoughts 60' Two-Way Telepathic Communication 500')
and
(Empathy | RUE 172 | 6 ISP | 100' Area | 20 minutes)
abilities and eavesdrops on the Lieutenant's thoughts and emotions to help guide his words.

He stands up slowly, knocking the dust off his knees. Well, here goes nothing... Grant thinks as he continues his conversation, "Thanks for the warning. Colonel Turand's orders were to infiltrate and capture the renegades and any dimensional beings Sounds like a typical bureaucratic FUBAR. He and Major Barry took a team into the building. We've encountered a few of those dimensional beings ourselves. My partner, Ms. Tamika, she and I, my name's Grant by the way. We are private contractors, para-normal investigators, up till recently debunking claims of the supernatural, but now it looks like it may all be real."

Grant stops for a moment and remembers an ancient play, "Did you ever read a Midsummer Nights Dream? Remember that character that encountered a fairy or something? We encountered a creature and it did something, before we could put it down. The next morning, Ms. Tamika woke up and she now looks like a humanoid cat. Can you believe that? I tell you straight, I was lucky I had a second pair of pants in my pack that day. It's like she has been cursed. If it wasn't for the cool heads of Captain Weiss and Sargent Wilson, she'd be dead. We had a lead that these d-bees," he points back to the demolished building, "might be able to reverse whatever happened to her. All that being said, we've found that many of these d-bees are more like refugees than invaders. They are just as clueless about where they are as we are about what they are."

"My team responded back just before that power armor crawled out of the rubble, they are in the building, trapped in the rubble. Captain Weiss is piloting a robot, I'd like to request that he come forward so we can begin retrieving the survivors. Would you mind passing on the order so he isn't fired upon?"

If the lieutenant agrees, Grant makes a show of using his radio,"Captain Weiss, I've gotten permission for you to begin digging out the survivors. Colonel Turand or Major Barry, do you have any orders for me to relay to the lieutenant?"
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record
Info
M.D.C.: 97/[color=#FF00000]97[/color] • P.P.E.: 656/656 • I.S.P.: 94/94 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 89% | 100mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 99% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 1500mi • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
Posts: 585
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Torment

Post by Ronith »

JIC: 1d20: [11] = 11 , 1d100: [65] = 65
PER: 1d100: [75] = 75 vs. 94% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)
Conditions:
8m30s, can hide in shadows 5+ ft tall, +15% to prowl, attackers -5 to hit.
,
8m30s, 92% skill, 80ft. range, can pinpoint exact number and location of all sentient beings.
,
23m30s, +1 APM, +2 PP [+1 s/p/d], +3 initiative, +1 strike, +2 parry/dodge, +15% on physical skills that rely on coordination or balance.
,
+2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Duration 7.50 Minutes.
,
Applies to anyone who directs an attack at Ronith: +2 strike and parry, +1 dodge. Opponents lose all machine-provided bonuses, -1 APM, -4 strike Ronith, -2 to dodge Ronith’s attacks.
,
RPA Pilots: Inexperienced operators (levels 1-3) cannot use sensors at all, lose two attacks every time they try to figure out what’s going on. Experienced operators lose one attack and have a -40% penalty.


Trust/Intimidate: 1d100: [91] = 91 vs. 65% (+30% vs. armed forces personnel, +10% vs. good alignments, +20% vs. evil alignments)
Charm/Impress: 1d100: [39] = 39 vs. 100%

”Go on, get them out of here.” Ronith sweeps the rest of the rubble as quickly as he can, using psionics and strength to locate anyone who is still alive underneath everything and getting them through the portal. Grant’s comms over an open frequency give Ronith some clue as to what’s transpiring, he just hopes that the mage can keep them busy until Ronith can get the elves clear and arrive to help. Not good. We are going to have to try to talk out way out. Once everyone is clear, Ronith dispels his psi-swords, and if he can surreptitiously hide his more outlandish weapons beneath his armament. Into the team’s radio frequency (not the one used by the neemans), he says ”Everyone, stay sharp. We have some neemans who will likely go on to help found the CS. Evacuate if you can, salvage what you can quickly, and otherwise take support around my position.” That should call to mind the appropriate course of action for the more obvious undesirables on the team. Ronith also tells Daisuke to close the portal once the last of the elves are through (along with any of Heroes for Hire who made it).

Then, he heads for the newly arrived guardsmen and makes a show out of trotting out into the open. Ronith leaves his helmet on (and will ignore any demands that he remove it) and address the assembled troopers as if he were one of them. ”Thank you, lieutenant. I am happy to report that the building is secure. All renegades are down, and all anomalies have been eliminated.” Assuming Daisuke has closed his portal, anyway. ”If you will excuse us, my men and I are part of a convoy under the command of Colonel Carver. We need to check in with him and make sure the civilians get settled. I will leave you and yours to secure the area.” Ronith leans into his considerable charm and charisma, and attempts to bluff/intimidate any neemans who try to hinder them. But, if hostilities do not immediately commence Ronith will signal for Grant (and any of the rest of Heroes for Hire still in the vicinity) to withdraw towards the others. Once they’re out of sight of the neemans, Ronith will switch back to the team comms and say ”Ronith here. We are withdrawing, everyone report in. Did we get eyes on Jack?” Ronith will try to do a quick sweep of the area if no-one can find the fallen scout, but if his psionics don’t detect a presence that could be Jack Ronith will reluctantly let him go. Rest easy, Jack. Wherever you are, I hope you are laughing.

Combat Actions
If, on the other hand, the Neemans make it clear they do not intend to permit a peaceful retreat of the team, Ronith will summon his psi-swords and begin disabling the tanks’ main guns as quickly as possible.
Initiative: 1d20+21: [9]+21 = 30
APM: 11

Action 1: Strike with psi-sword as needed: 1d20+27: [10]+27 = 37 , 8d6: [2, 5, 6, 2, 6, 4, 1, 4] = 30 MD.
Action 2: Strike with psi-sword as needed: 1d20+27: [10]+27 = 37 , 8d6: [3, 2, 3, 3, 5, 2, 3, 2] = 23 MD.
Action 3: Strike with psi-sword as needed: 1d20+27: [4]+27 = 31 , 8d6: [5, 3, 5, 1, 4, 3, 6, 3] = 30 MD.
Action 4: Strike with psi-sword as needed: 1d20+27: [7]+27 = 34 , 8d6: [3, 3, 1, 6, 2, 4, 4, 2] = 25 MD.
Action 5: Strike with psi-sword as needed: 1d20+27: [7]+27 = 34 , 8d6: [1, 3, 1, 1, 2, 3, 2, 6] = 19 MD.
Action 6: Strike with psi-sword as needed: 1d20+27: [10]+27 = 37 , 8d6: [1, 5, 5, 4, 1, 6, 4, 2] = 28 MD.
Action 7: Strike with psi-sword as needed: 1d20+27: [19]+27 = 46 , 8d6: [1, 4, 5, 3, 4, 2, 5, 3] = 27 x2 = 54 MD.
Action 8: Strike with psi-sword as needed: 1d20+27: [10]+27 = 37 , 8d6: [2, 5, 2, 5, 1, 6, 6, 1] = 28 MD.
Action 9: Strike with psi-sword as needed: 1d20+27: [18]+27 = 45 , 8d6: [6, 6, 3, 4, 3, 1, 1, 3] = 27 x2 = 54 MD.
Action 10: Strike with psi-sword as needed: 1d20+27: [12]+27 = 39 , 8d6: [3, 4, 2, 2, 2, 5, 2, 5] = 25 MD.
Action 11: Strike with psi-sword as needed: 1d20+27: [14]+27 = 41 , 8d6: [6, 1, 4, 6, 4, 5, 1, 2] = 29 MD.


Auto-parries: 1d20+32: [10]+32 = 42 , 1d20+32: [19]+32 = 51 , 1d20+32: [5]+32 = 37 , 1d20+32: [12]+32 = 44 , 1d20+32: [16]+32 = 48 , 1d20+32: [5]+32 = 37 , 1d20+32: [11]+32 = 43 , 1d20+32: [13]+32 = 45 , 1d20+32: [5]+32 = 37 , 1d20+32: [16]+32 = 48 , 1d20+32: [16]+32 = 48

Auto-dodges (add +6 for two primary opponents): 1d20+15: [11]+15 = 26 , 1d20+15: [12]+15 = 27 , 1d20+15: [17]+15 = 32 , 1d20+15: [20]+15 = 35 , 1d20+15: [2]+15 = 17 , 1d20+15: [2]+15 = 17 , 1d20+15: [8]+15 = 23 , 1d20+15: [15]+15 = 30 , 1d20+15: [13]+15 = 28 , 1d20+15: [1]+15 = 16 , 1d20+15: [13]+15 = 28
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent)
| BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
ISP- 83/91; PPE- 47/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
Frostfang Heals: 3/4. Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (2/3); Cleanse (3/3)
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 377
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Torment

Post by Barracuda »

Perception: 1d100: [96] = 96 /43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4 / 1d100: [78] = 78
+2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (1D8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 8 Minutes


Outside the partially collapsed building, Barracuda watches with confusion as the elves he thought to be prisoners interact in a positive manner with the soldiers he assumed were their jailers. The lack of a common language or a refusal to communicate isn't helping either. What is happening here? Standing in front of everyone who just came through the portal, he's about to start demanding some answers, when the radio call from Grant comes through.
Grant Latham wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:38 am He stands up slowly, knocking the dust off his knees. Well, here goes nothing... Grant thinks as he continues his conversation, "Thanks for the warning. Colonel Turand's orders were to infiltrate and capture the renegades and any dimensional beings Sounds like a typical bureaucratic FUBAR. He and Major Barry took a team into the building. We've encountered a few of those dimensional beings ourselves. My partner, Ms. Tamika, she and I, my name's Grant by the way. We are private contractors, para-normal investigators, up till recently debunking claims of the supernatural, but now it looks like it may all be real."

"Captain Weiss, I've gotten permission for you to begin digging out the survivors. Colonel Turand or Major Barry, do you have any orders for me to relay to the lieutenant?"
You clever bastard... He turns to the gathered soldiers and elves and issues them some commands. "All of you sit tight and don't move a muscle. Command is sorting this all out." He keys his comms and says "Tell the Lieutenant that I've got a crowd from inside that needs identifying. Is Ash with you?"
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
Ledger
User avatar
Keiko
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

Re: Torment

Post by Keiko »

Perception: 1d100: [6] = 6 /36%
JIC: 1d20: [1] = 1 ; 1d100: [29] = 29
Active Effects
  • Dimensional Attenuation: 110 Miles
  • Excellent hearing and smell
  • Sixth Sense
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fighting Spirit: +2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 16 Minutes
  • Energy Sphere | 120 PPE | BOM 120 | 38 days | 544 P.P.E./500 M.D.C.
  • Invisibility: Simple | BOM 97 | Duration: 24 minutes
  • AOI from Armor | MDC: 32/50
Grant wrote:Grant stops for a moment and remembers an ancient play, "Did you ever read a Midsummer Nights Dream? Remember that character that encountered a fairy or something? We encountered a creature and it did something, before we could put it down. The next morning, Ms. Tamika woke up and she now looks like a humanoid cat. Can you believe that? I tell you straight, I was lucky I had a second pair of pants in my pack that day. It's like she has been cursed. If it wasn't for the cool heads of Captain Weiss and Sargent Wilson, she'd be dead. We had a lead that these d-bees," he points back to the demolished building, "might be able to reverse whatever happened to her. All that being said, we've found that many of these d-bees are more like refugees than invaders. They are just as clueless about where they are as we are about what they are."
Oh good. He's bringing me up. He does know I'm still invisible right? Well lets just hope this is laying the ground work for if they happen to see me Then I can explain myself away. Time to regroup with the others. Keiko key's her radio on the H4H channel, "Grant. Thanks for the into. Heading back to check on the others." Keiko flies back to to the ground near the collection point where the member of H4H who are not talking to the tank people are gathering. Keiko goes about stuffing the energy sphere into her backpack so it is less visible then drops her Invisibly some where it wont make a scene.

When Keiko gets back to the others Ronith sent through the portal, she will be keeping an eye for any potential trouble makers. If Keiko comes across Ash still stuck to the soldier she begins laughing, "Well Aren't you two just the cutest. How did you manage to get into that position?"

When Ronith comes over the radio about who the people might be, Keiko's tail puffs out as she bristles with anger. And we are just going to play nice with them? All the prosecution, all the times they have tried to kill me and we could stop it here and now, and we are just going to walk away! Keiko takes a few breaths as she tries to calm herself. Her former husbands words come to her and help ground her in the moment, There are somethings we can not change. No matter how hard we try. Some things are always meant to be. He's right. Even if we did something here and now others would rise up. and it might be worse. One can never know. Only thing we can do is survive and try to make it home.
Keiko

P.P.E.: 110/110
I.S.P.: 35/35
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 86/86
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
Helmet - 40/40
Left Arm 20/20
Right Arm 20/20
Right Leg 30/30
Left Leg 30/30
Main Body - 60/60
Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
Posts: 363
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Torment

Post by Virtus »

Dozens of troops are near Grant along with the tanks. The magus is skilled and powerful, but even he knows this charade won't hold forever. Like a madman he pushes on in the icy air underneath dim, grey skies, face to face with an enemy that may try to kill them all shortly. Shifting position, the snow crunches under foot. The soldiers' faces are hidden in their EBA, but they are likely labored walking through this deep of snow. Last Dance pulled up short before Grant presented himself and are now positioned 50ft behind Grant. Many soldiers take notice of the hover bikes and gear. Among the derelict vehicles, there have been hover bikes but obviously of a different style.

The leiutenant walks closer to Grant. The magic user has them under his thrall for a few moments. The man calls over a comms specialist who is carrying a large radio and deploys a directional antenna, he. The lieutenant looks to Grant and says "Regular radios have been worthless since the attack." He then turns to the radio comm set. We just made contact with Carver's people. They say the renegades are dead and they eliminated the anomalies. We'll confirm shortly."

"My name is Lieutenant Graves. You say one of yours has been infected? I hate to hear that. We've got a containment facility. Colonel Reaves with NIH Genetic Advancement Division happened to be here. Her team's been examining the anomalies we've captured so far. They might be able to save your friend." but Graves' voice seem less optimistic.

Graves does give the order to not fire on Ronith. While Ronith moves towards them, Grant sees two of the soldiers examining a body. As they roll him over, Grant sees Jack's bloodstained face. Graves says "Is he one of yours? I'm sorry, he wasn't NEMA so we assumed him to be with the renegades. We have orders to kill on sight. We've been in position since this morning. We thought they were moving so we attacked." Grant can see that the lieutenant is measuring him up and still has doubts but is currently evaluating. He orders the soldiers to go to the wreckage and reclaim gear, ending with "We aren't taking prisoners. We need every eclip and scrap of armor you can find" with a cold but professional edge to his voice. Grant's mention of a robot catches Graves' attention. He takes a moment and then nods to Grant curtly, but there is definite apprehension in his reaction.

Ronith arrives and addresses the lieutenant and informs him that they are going to meet up with Carver. Graves nods. "Our forward scouts called in and mentioned their approach. Charlie is heading there to check them in and provide escort. Aside from the renegades we also had issues from predatory anomalies last week along with the others. Those things killed over 500 people in less than an hour. So, we've been clearing everyone who comes in. If it's not cleared, it's dead. Anyone or anything contaminated goes to the containment facility for review. You can go with us or meet up with Carver. Your call."

Barracuda is huddled with the soldiers and elves who are also in confusion. An elf who Barracuda saw using magic speaks to one of the soldiers. "I'm sorry. It looks like we all die here anyhow." to which a soldier in the darkness replies in audible pain, "Not dead yet" The elf then asks Barracuda, "Why do you help the Major? She's a bloodthirsty tyrant. How much is she paying you?"

Keiko makes her way into the rubble and finds Ash along with the renegade leader... entangled. He's not happy about the situation at all. "Damned elves more than likely. Told them to not use that nonsense." he says struggling to free himself. "I'm the commanding officer here. My soldiers were just following my orders. The... elves did nothing wrong. They have a right to live. What hole did Washington find you in? A deal with the devil?"

Weiss brings out Blue to search the rubble, which nets an alarmed reaction from all the soldiers and the lieutenant. "What IS that?!" Even Grant knows that giant robots are rarely owned by individuals, even in the future. And then to see an unknown model has the entire situation very tense.

Weiss can spots the heat signatures under the rubble as the soldiers approach from the south to collect gear.
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 260
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Torment

Post by Weiss »

Perception 56% 1d100: [70] = 70
JIC 1d100: [94] = 94 1d20: [6] = 6

"Coming out, but their systems will not recognise the Beauty's model. We'll have to explain it as a prototype or something like that." Weiss suggests over comms.

"Demand they find Jack. He was in their area when he screamed. He might still be alive!" Weiss was not happy about the attack, but he was more worried about Jack than he was about himself. He knew he could take them down if needed.

Moving slowly but surely as he didn't trust the tanks not to open fire on them, he moves over to the collapsed building. Activating his thermal imager, he scans the rubble to find heat signatures of people trapped underneath, so he can find them more efficiently.

Sensory Equipment 74% 1d100: [55] = 55
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Keiko
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

Re: Torment

Post by Keiko »

Perception: 1d100: [53] = 53 /36%
JIC: 1d20: [11] = 11 ; 1d100: [64] = 64
Active Effects
  • Dimensional Attenuation: 110 Miles
  • Excellent hearing and smell
  • Sixth Sense
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fighting Spirit: +2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 16 Minutes
  • Energy Sphere | 120 PPE | BOM 120 | 38 days | 544 P.P.E./500 M.D.C.
  • Invisibility: Simple | BOM 97 | Duration: 24 minutes
  • AOI from Armor | MDC: 32/50
Virtus wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:44 pm
Keiko makes her way into the rubble and finds Ash along with the renegade leader... entangled. He's not happy about the situation at all. "Damned elves more than likely. Told them to not use that nonsense." he says struggling to free himself. "I'm the commanding officer here. My soldiers were just following my orders. The... elves did nothing wrong. They have a right to live. What hole did Washington find you in? A deal with the devil?"
Keiko's head tilts to the side as the man's words seem wrong to her. Why would they be worried about the elves weren't they holding them hostage?...oh shit!

Keiko give the man a wonderfully cute smile before replying.
Charm/Impress: 1d100: [17] = 17 /50%
"I see. I am no devil. I'm simply a felinoid...not that you know what that is, basically a cat like human. But I am me. My name is Keiko. Also it appears others were not forth coming with information. I'm truly sorry for this turn of events, but I will do what I can to keep any of you from ending up dead. Our leader heard there was hostages and he's such a bleeding heart that he didn't seem to look past what he was told. I guess I'm no better. Oh well. Looks like we better let him know he's been had...oh by the way. I trust that you will keep looking out for those who will be persecuted in the future. It only gets worse on us from here." Keiko turns worry creasing the fur on her face and keys her radio on the H4H frequency.
"Ronith. We've been had. The people here were protecting the elves. Just had one begging me not to kill the elves. Something is not right here. The real enemies are likely the ones with the tanks."
Keiko

P.P.E.: 110/110
I.S.P.: 35/35
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 86/86
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
Helmet - 40/40
Left Arm 20/20
Right Arm 20/20
Right Leg 30/30
Left Leg 30/30
Main Body - 60/60
Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 465
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Torment

Post by Grant Latham »

New Perception: 78% vs 1d100: [78] = 78
JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 , 1d100: [91] = 91
Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • Sense Ley Line: 89%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 99%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 150mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 97/97
  • I.S.P.: 92/94
  • P.P.E.: 612/656
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
Sustain | BOM 109 | 8 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.

Aura of Power | BOM 93 | 4 PPE| 20 min | Appears +3 lvls, +6 M.A. Psionic See Aura will see truth. Magic See Aura will fluctuate)

Charismatic Aura| BOM 99 | 10 PPE| 30 min | +8 P.B. Friendship/Trust, Power/Fear, Successful Deception 80%

Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 25 PPE| 398.50 min | 50 mph, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge +2 Damage diving

Empathy | RUE 172 | 6 ISP | 100' Area | 20 minutes

Fighting Spirit | 6.50 min | +2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw

Infrared Vision | MA 9 | 2 PPE | 38.50 min | 2000' |See through 4" S.D.C. .5" light M.D.C. material. 1" dirt. 1' water or heavy M.D.C.

Invisibility to Sensors | MA 15 | 20 PPE | 38.50 min

Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 58.50 min | 250 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy

Invulnerability | BOM 116 | 4.50 min | Impervious to Cold, Fire, Energy, Disease, Poisons, Toxins, Gases, and Drugs. 50 M.D.C. force field. +10 vs Magic, Psionics, HF

Ley Line Storm Defense | 90 PPE | BOM 142 | 200' Diameter | 98.50 min

Mystic Invisibility | MA 17 | 25 PPE | 38.50 min

Nightvision | MA 9 | 4 PPE | 56.50 min | 3600' in non magical darkness

Mystic Portal | BOM 135 | 20 PPE | 80' | 10' X 20' door | 19.50 min

See the Invisible | BOM 92 | 4 PPE | 18.50 min | 1200'

Telepathy | RUE 177 | 4 ISP | 20 min | Surface Thoughts 60' Two-Way Telepathic Communication 500'

Sense Evil | BOM 92 | 2 PPE | 38.50 min | 270' radius

Time Check
I'll need a time check to figure out what abilities are still active next GM post.
Major Barry wrote:You clever bastard... He turns to the gathered soldiers and elves and issues them some commands. "All of you sit tight and don't move a muscle. Command is sorting this all out." He keys his comms and says "Tell the Lieutenant that I've got a crowd from inside that needs identifying. Is Ash with you?"
"Negative Major, Ash is not out here with me. I'll let the lieutenant know that you are investigating," Grant replies loudly so the Lieutenant can hear him.
Lieutenant Graves wrote:The lieutenant walks closer to Grant. The magic user has them under his thrall for a few moments. The man calls over a comms specialist who is carrying a large radio and deploys a directional antenna, he. The lieutenant looks to Grant and says "Regular radios have been worthless since the attack." He then turns to the radio comm set. We just made contact with Carver's people. They say the renegades are dead and they eliminated the anomalies. We'll confirm shortly."

"My name is Lieutenant Graves. You say one of yours has been infected? I hate to hear that. We've got a containment facility. Colonel Reaves with NIH Genetic Advancement Division happened to be here. Her team's been examining the anomalies we've captured so far. They might be able to save your friend." but Graves' voice seem less optimistic.
"Colonel Turand's has had significant experience with these anomalies, I don't think Colonel Reaves will have much success with a traditional scientific approach. It's exactly why myself and Ms. Tamika were brought on board. We've had much more success by approaching this from an occult angle." Grant puts up his hands and waves off the disbelief. "Think about what you've seen, many of these creatures have descriptions in folklore and myth. In those stories there are often clues on how to deal with them, and they rarely have to do with beakers and test tubes. Ms Tamika, other than appearance, is still a highly effective member of Colonel Turand's team."

Seeing Sir Ronith approach, Grant gives him the scoop telepathically, My magic that is influencing them will not last much longer, we are going to have rely on more regular methods, I doubt I will get the chance to recast my spell. This group has orders to kill anything non-human or anyone harboring non-humans. From my quick glance at the roof, it seemed that the elves were not prisoners, that the soldiers and elves were working together. The lieutenant has mentioned a Colonel Reaves as investigating d-bees, but I am not sure if the Colonel is his direct commander. Note, the Colonel is a woman.
Lieutenant Graves wrote:Graves does give the order to not fire on Ronith. While Ronith moves towards them, Grant sees two of the soldiers examining a body. As they roll him over, Grant sees Jack's bloodstained face. Graves says "Is he one of yours? I'm sorry, he wasn't NEMA so we assumed him to be with the renegades. We have orders to kill on sight. We've been in position since this morning. We thought they were moving so we attacked." Grant can see that the lieutenant is measuring him up and still has doubts but is currently evaluating. He orders the soldiers to go to the wreckage and reclaim gear, ending with "We aren't taking prisoners. We need every eclip and scrap of armor you can find" with a cold but professional edge to his voice. Grant's mention of a robot catches Graves' attention. He takes a moment and then nods to Grant curtly, but there is definite apprehension in his reaction.
Oh no! "Oohhhh." quietly slips out of Grant's mouth as he sees Jack's body. "Yes, he is." He turns back to Lieutenant Graves, worry on his face. "We have orders to take everyone we find in there into custody, I suggest you tell your men, the Colonel will not be please if you start executing any survivors." When Sir Ronith arrives, he says without saluting since he's already said he's not officially part of NEMA, "Colonel, it looks like Jack was hit. He may just be wounded and unconscious, I am going to check on him."

Grant moves over to where Jack is and tells the soldiers,"Check with your lieutenant, this man is on my team. Please move aside and let me examine him." Over the radio, he says to the team,"Jack was hit, looks bad, I am seeing if there is anything I can do." But I can't help him with observers. Grant shoos the soldiers away if possible.

Grant has no medical skills, but he'd listen for a heart beat and see if he's breathing. If he's left alone and can confirm no one is looking, he'll cast Heal Wounds (murmuring the words) to try and stabilize him.
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record
Info
M.D.C.: 97/[color=#FF00000]97[/color] • P.P.E.: 656/656 • I.S.P.: 94/94 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 89% | 100mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 99% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 1500mi • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
Posts: 363
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Torment

Post by Virtus »

Grant mentions taking survivors, to which Graves looks from Grant to Ronith. "I'm sorry, but if you have a change of order, I will have to confirm that. None of you are in standard issue." With that Graves tells his comms specialist to contact HQ. Grant knows the subterfuge is slipping fast. Walking over to Jack, Grant can better see a large hole in the middle of the body's torso. Without a question is was energy weapon damage. Jack is dead.

"Luietenant Graves here. We have Colonel Turand issuing a command to take survivors. They are undesignated. At least two are civilians. What are your orders." Graves says, talking into the long rage radio. He listens for a few moments, and Ronith's augmented hearing can pick up Major Washington replying. "I am aware of Carver, but have heard nothing and know nothing of a Turand. My orders stand but let me speak to him first."

Graves holds out the comm set to Ronith, IF he takes it he hears:
► Show Spoiler
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
Posts: 585
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Torment

Post by Ronith »

JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2 , 1d100: [6] = 6
PER: 1d100: [66] = 66 vs. 94% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)
Conditions:
8m30s, can hide in shadows 5+ ft tall, +15% to prowl, attackers -5 to hit.
,
8m30s, 92% skill, 80ft. range, can pinpoint exact number and location of all sentient beings.
,
23m30s, +1 APM, +2 PP [+1 s/p/d], +3 initiative, +1 strike, +2 parry/dodge, +15% on physical skills that rely on coordination or balance.
,
+2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Duration 7.50 Minutes.
,
Applies to anyone who directs an attack at Ronith: +2 strike and parry, +1 dodge. Opponents lose all machine-provided bonuses, -1 APM, -4 strike Ronith, -2 to dodge Ronith’s attacks.
,
RPA Pilots: Inexperienced operators (levels 1-3) cannot use sensors at all, lose two attacks every time they try to figure out what’s going on. Experienced operators lose one attack and have a -40% penalty.


Trust/Intimidate: 1d100: [1] = 1 vs. 65% (+30% vs. armed forces personnel, +10% vs. good alignments, +20% vs. evil alignments)
Charm/Impress: 1d100: [97] = 97 vs. 100%
To bluff his way through the encounter, or at least buy time for the team and the elves to get clear.

Part of Ronith wonders if he shouldn’t just summon his psi-swords, charge the offending Nemans, and remove a few bigots from the timeline. Could the Coalition be made better with fewer men such as he? Could it be made worse? In the end, Ronith has to acknowledge the role that circumstances played in making the Coalition States- for better and for worse. A lone cyber-knight can’t stop the apocalypse, which means he probably can’t stop the CS. Reluctantly, Ronith returns to his earlier conclusion of not meddling. That means trying to find a nonviolent solution to the standoff. I dislike misleading these men, but it beats killing them. Ronith remains at ease, relying on his psychic precognition to warn him should the soldiers’ attitude shift in favor of lethal action.

Ronith looks down at Jack with sadness. I am sorry, my friend. You deserved better. Aloud, he merely nods and says ”It is unfortunate, but common in our line of work. I would like to take his body and ensure it gets a proper burial.” And then, someone at command with half a brain comes on the comm and starts asking questions. Ronith grits his teeth but continues to feign calm, even going so far as to soften his usual language to make his American seem more authentic. ”I’m sorry, to whom am I speaking?” After waiting for a reply (and Ronith won’t “reveal” any of his operational details to anyone who doesn’t identify themselves), ”Sir, my men and I were deployed abroad when, uh, well space kinda tore open and sucked us all in. Next thing we knew, we were in St. Louis of all places. We met up with Carver there, along with some civilians, and have been escorting them to Carbondale. At his request, we deployed here to round up some deserters that I was led to believe have taken to banditry. And with all due respect, sir, I’m going to need your name and serial number for my report. We came here at the invitation of the local command structure, and now one of my men is dead. I am not going to rest until I determine who is responsible for the miscommunication that led to this man’s death. Speaking of miscommunications, I also understand there seems to be a conflict between our orders. I suggest you ring up Colonel Carver and have him duke it out with whomever’s in charge, and unless you intend to hold my men and I at gunpoint while that happens we have somewhere to be.” Ronith’s top priority here is to play for time- even if he can’t convince the Nemans to spare the elves, if Daisuke and everyone can get them far enough away it is unlikely the massacre will continue. After that he will attempt to extricate himself, Grant, and anyone else still waiting with them.
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent)
| BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
ISP- 83/91; PPE- 47/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
Frostfang Heals: 3/4. Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (2/3); Cleanse (3/3)
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 377
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Torment

Post by Barracuda »

Perception: 1d100: [9] = 9 /43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20: [11] = 11 / 1d100: [26] = 26
Barracuda hears the various radio calls and tries to play along with the ruse as best he can. What the hell is going on? "No one's dying here. There just seems to be a bit of cross-talk amongst the higher ups. We were told there were prisoners in this facility, but you seem to be... defending each other. Can you tell me what's going on? Maybe I can help sort this out."

He'll open the floor up to the elves and soldiers to tell their story and report and pertinent information to Ronith ASAP.
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
Ledger
User avatar
Ashlynn
Posts: 261
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Torment

Post by Ashlynn »

Perception: 79% /84% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100: [61] = 61

JIC: 1d20: [12] = 12
JIC: 1d100: [58] = 58

Conditions:
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 13.5 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fighting Spirit: +2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 8 Minutes
  • Entangled (Carpet of Adhesion)
my new buddy Sticky McGee wrote: "Where in the hell did Washington find you? What are you? Come from command? Some damn altered?"
"Who's Washington? What the frak are you talking about?" Ashlynn begins to blush as this is the longest she's been this close to a man, ever, and she finds it embarrassing and frustrating.

As she struggles, she hears Grant over her radio.
Grant wrote:"Thanks for the warning. Colonel Turand's orders were to infiltrate and capture the renegades and any dimensional beings Sounds like a typical bureaucratic FUBAR. He and Major Barry took a team into the building. We've encountered a few of those dimensional beings ourselves. My partner, Ms. Tamika, she and I, my name's Grant by the way. We are private contractors, para-normal investigators, up till recently debunking claims of the supernatural, but now it looks like it may all be real."

"... It's like she has been cursed. If it wasn't for the cool heads of Captain Weiss and Sargent Wilson, she'd be dead."

"Captain Weiss, I've gotten permission for you to begin digging out the survivors. Colonel Turand or Major Barry, do you have any orders for me to relay to the lieutenant?"
Sergeant? Wilson? Oh yeah, I told them my name was Wilson that one time. Oh, cool, I guess I got a promotion.

As Ash struggles both to free herself and to use her radio, both fruitlessly, she finally hears a familiar voice.
Keiko wrote:"Well Aren't you two just the cutest. How did you manage to get into that position?"
Ashlynn turns beet red, and, through gritted teeth, replies: "Not now 'Miss Tamika'. Get me out of this, please."
Sticky McGee wrote:"Damned elves more than likely. Told them to not use that nonsense. I'm the commanding officer here. My soldiers were just following my orders. The... elves did nothing wrong. They have a right to live. What hole did Washington find you in? A deal with the devil?"
Ash sighs. "Yeah, I caught sight of one spellcastin' but I was mid-bounce an' couldn't react. The elf... WAIT. You were PROTECTIN' them? We were here to RESCUE them. Of all the frakking $#!+-headed mother-*(@%!^ ... If you Frakkers got my friend Jack hurt on a MISUNDERSTANDING I swear to any and all gods that I'm gonna... I'm gonna... Well you better pray that he's okay, Sticky McGee!"
Keiko wrote:"Ronith. We've been had. The people here were protecting the elves. Just had one begging me not to kill the elves. Something is not right here. The real enemies are likely the ones with the tanks."
"TANKS?" Ashlynn gives in, for the briefest of moments, to panic. Jack screamed - he;s out there somewhere, and the enemy ahs tanks. She begins to thrash against her magical bond. "GET me OUTTA here! I need to find Jack!!"
Grant wrote:"Jack was hit, looks bad, I am seeing if there is anything I can do."
Ashlynn's eyes widen with horror. Not Jack... no... not him, please...

She looks at Keiko, eyes full of fear. "Get me free. Please."
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 45/45
S.D.C.: 31/68


TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 45/45
  • Arms: 40/40 each
  • Legs: 45/45 each
  • Main Body: 100/100

Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, and +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
Features:
  • All Features of Triax EBA
  • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
  • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
  • Infrared & thermal masking


N-F20A Medium Force Field (integrated into FreeRunner Exoskeleton)
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 75

Features:
  • 10 hour duration per E-clip
User avatar
Keiko
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

Re: Torment

Post by Keiko »

Perception: 1d100: [34] = 34 /36%
JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9 ; 1d100: [84] = 84
Active Effects
  • Dimensional Attenuation: 110 Miles
  • Excellent hearing and smell
  • Sixth Sense
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fighting Spirit: +2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 16 Minutes
  • Energy Sphere | 120 PPE | BOM 120 | 38 days | 544 P.P.E./500 M.D.C.
  • Invisibility: Simple | BOM 97 | Duration: 24 minutes
  • AOI from Armor | MDC: 32/50
Ashlynn wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:03 am Ashlynn turns beet red, and, through gritted teeth, replies: "Not now 'Miss Tamika'. Get me out of this, please."

She looks at Keiko, eyes full of fear. "Get me free. Please."
Keiko turns back to Ash hearing the desperation in her voice and leans closer to see if there is anything she can do. Looking over the spell and what she knows of magic, Keiko gives Ash a sympathetic look, "Ash. I don't have anything that can remove it. Grant might, but I think he's busy keeping the new guys from blasting everyone here. From what I can remember though it should dissipate on it's own soon. It was something like 2 minutes to 25 minutes depending on how skilled the...person...is." Keiko kneels down to help keep the strange sight from the new soldiers.
Ash must have been close with Jack. I know he was uncomfortable with me when I got here, but he seemed to come around eventually. Keiko speaks softly to Ash to help keep her calm, "I'm sorry I don't have the skills to free you. I'm sure he's ok. Jack seemed to be a tough one. Also Ronith and Grant are up there. They haven't spoken to his condition so I'm sure he is still alive." Keiko gives Ash's shoulder a gentle squeeze to reassure her. Then looks to where Grant and Ronith are. This could go sideways at any time. We should just jump those new comers and get out of here. Too many risks.
Keiko

P.P.E.: 110/110
I.S.P.: 35/35
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 86/86
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
Helmet - 40/40
Left Arm 20/20
Right Arm 20/20
Right Leg 30/30
Left Leg 30/30
Main Body - 60/60
Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
Posts: 363
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Torment

Post by Virtus »

Weiss moves into help move rubble. He carefully is using blue to remove rubble. He exposes both Barracuda's group and Ashlynn's.

Ronith asserts his story. Major Washington identifies herself as the commanding officer in Carbondale. He voice seems conflicted for a moment. "I'm Major Lynda Washington Xray Delta Lima 8014561 Golf Juliett. I need yours as well. Come back with Graves and we can speak here. Colonel Reaves from NIH has identified these anomalies as invasive, highly contagious and dangerous. Such threats need to be isolated and eliminated immediately. She has engaged the department's emergency powers under the Disease Prevention Act. Recent events showed that these threats are capable of significant deception. I've been in contact with Carver. I sent a troops to escort them in as well. We still have several anomalies here for study, but the ones that left the designated area must be neutralized per the direction of the acting head of the NIH. The renegades are guilty of several crimes, during a state of war. They are to be executed immediately. But get your people out first and Graves will handle the rest." Ronith's commanding tone made the impossible, possible. He knows that if he had let up at all, even the seconds he is buying now wouldn't have happened.

Barracuda speaks with the elves and soliders there. A quick story is told by the soldiers and elves. Barracuda gathers that the elves made their way into town after being pulled through a rift nearby. The bitter cold killed half of their number the first night before they reached Carbondale. Once in Carbondale, they made contact with the townsfolk. Most people were more concerned about the loss of internet and electricity. The elves were actually invited into shelters, but were quickly quarantined when marshal law was declared by Major Washington. That night they were beset by demons according to the elves. Several hundred residents were killed as were many elves. The demons were repelled but the next day nearly a tenth of the remaining residents grew ill and died by the end of the day. the NIH were in town when everything went down. The elves were initially examined as anyone would be, but it quickly turned into experimentation and incarceration. Fear took over and soon elves were being harmed and killed as the NIH researchers learned about their unique bodies and tried to get an understanding of magic.

Many soldiers openly condemned the treatment and during a revolt, freed most of the elves and fled before Washington pursued them to the outskirts. Unfortunately the snow has made a big impact. They want to move, but have been afraid of Washington's troops running them down. They've moved from location to location and engaged in hit and run strikes but they have no way of dealing with Washington. They were planning to run for it today before everything happened. None expect to survive.

Ash asks Sticky McGee who Washington is and what he is talking about. "NIH has more than a few genetic programs. The way you were moving had to be some gene twisting they had been up to. But Washington is the woman in charge in Carbondale right now. the major died the first night. She instituted marshal law the following day. You saying you don't know her? As far as Jack, I have no idea who that is or you. I'm Lieutenant Perez." He also relates the same story Barracuda is hearing.

As she struggles an elf speaks out. "So who are you here to help? If it's Washington, I'll kill you myself. If you'll help us, I'll release you. My people need to get out of here." If she agrees to help them, the elf will release her.

The situation is wound incredibly tight. Graves' soldiers begin moving to the rubble of the DOT building but are nervously looking from Graves to Ronith. Ronith's overwhelming presence is temporarily even disrupting the strong bonds of their unit, but it's unlikely to last long. Last Dance sits back behind Grant as the mage continues to stall for time.
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
Posts: 585
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Torment

Post by Ronith »

JIC: 1d20: [7] = 7 , 1d100: [48] = 48
PER: 1d100: [7] = 7 vs. 94% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)
Conditions:
8m30s, can hide in shadows 5+ ft tall, +15% to prowl, attackers -5 to hit.
,
8m30s, 92% skill, 80ft. range, can pinpoint exact number and location of all sentient beings.
,
23m30s, +1 APM, +2 PP [+1 s/p/d], +3 initiative, +1 strike, +2 parry/dodge, +15% on physical skills that rely on coordination or balance.
,
+2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Duration 7.50 Minutes.
,
Applies to anyone who directs an attack at Ronith: +2 strike and parry, +1 dodge. Opponents lose all machine-provided bonuses, -1 APM, -4 strike Ronith, -2 to dodge Ronith’s attacks.
,
RPA Pilots: Inexperienced operators (levels 1-3) cannot use sensors at all, lose two attacks every time they try to figure out what’s going on. Experienced operators lose one attack and have a -40% penalty.


Trust/Intimidate: 1d100: [78] = 78 vs. 65% (+30% vs. armed forces personnel, +10% vs. good alignments, +20% vs. evil alignments)
Charm/Impress: 1d100: [67] = 67 vs. 100%
To continue to bluff his way through the encounter, or at least buy time for the team and the elves to get clear.
Virtus wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:40 pm"I'm Major Lynda Washington Xray Delta Lima 8014561 Golf Juliett. I need yours as well. Come back with Graves and we can speak here."
This cannot last. If they are determined to exterminate the elves and those who protect them, only violence or flight will stop them. So long as there is a chance I must keep trying, but I really hope the others have gotten clear. The Major is too intelligent to be fooled like this forever- I need to bypass her mind’s reasoning center. The carrot and the stick then. Steeling himself and taking a deep breath, Ronith looks over at Grant and fractionally inclines his head for the mage to withdraw. Then he responds.

”With all due respect, Major, a screwup on your end has already claimed the lives of one of my men. I am not about to release my operational details over comms without direct authorization from my immediate superior, which in this case is Colonel Carver. Now, I will be more than happy to report to you at Carbondale to sort this out, but as it stands my orders are to report back to him first. We are escorting some specialists who may be able to help with your little plague problem, but I need to report back to them now before anymore lives are lost. I will see you at the base.” Figuring that it’s better to ask for forgiveness than permission in this particular case, Ronith begins a slow withdrawal on foot. His goal is to nonthreateningly get out of sight of the potential hostiles as soon as possible- if he can use shadow meld to apparently vanish from sight, so much the better. If Ronith, Grant, and everyone else from Heroes for Hire still with them manage to pull back, the cyber-knight will make all possible haste to rejoin the others. As before, if attacked Ronith will respond with his psi-swords.
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent)
| BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
ISP- 83/91; PPE- 47/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
Frostfang Heals: 3/4. Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (2/3); Cleanse (3/3)
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 465
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Torment

Post by Grant Latham »

New Perception: 78% vs 1d100: [32] = 32
JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2 , 1d100: [59] = 59
Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • Sense Ley Line: 89%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 99%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 150mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 97/97
  • I.S.P.: 92/94
  • P.P.E.: 612/656
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
Sustain | BOM 109 | 8 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.

Aura of Power | BOM 93 | 4 PPE| 20 min | Appears +3 lvls, +6 M.A. Psionic See Aura will see truth. Magic See Aura will fluctuate)

Charismatic Aura| BOM 99 | 10 PPE| 30 min | +8 P.B. Friendship/Trust, Power/Fear, Successful Deception 80%

Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 25 PPE| 398.50 min | 50 mph, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge +2 Damage diving

Empathy | RUE 172 | 6 ISP | 100' Area | 20 minutes

Fighting Spirit | 6.50 min | +2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw

Infrared Vision | MA 9 | 2 PPE | 38.50 min | 2000' |See through 4" S.D.C. .5" light M.D.C. material. 1" dirt. 1' water or heavy M.D.C.

Invisibility to Sensors | MA 15 | 20 PPE | 38.50 min

Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 58.50 min | 250 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy

Invulnerability | BOM 116 | 4.50 min | Impervious to Cold, Fire, Energy, Disease, Poisons, Toxins, Gases, and Drugs. 50 M.D.C. force field. +10 vs Magic, Psionics, HF

Ley Line Storm Defense | 90 PPE | BOM 142 | 200' Diameter | 98.50 min

Mystic Invisibility | MA 17 | 25 PPE | 38.50 min

Nightvision | MA 9 | 4 PPE | 56.50 min | 3600' in non magical darkness

Mystic Portal | BOM 135 | 20 PPE | 80' | 10' X 20' door | 19.50 min

See the Invisible | BOM 92 | 4 PPE | 18.50 min | 1200'

Telepathy | RUE 177 | 4 ISP | 20 min | Surface Thoughts 60' Two-Way Telepathic Communication 500'

Sense Evil | BOM 92 | 2 PPE | 38.50 min | 270' radius

Need a Time Check
I'll need a time check to figure out what abilities are still active next GM post.
Grant's eyes are moist as he looks down at Jack's body. "Leave him alone!" Grant commands to the Lieutenant's troops, his voice cracking. "You've done enough, go help someone else." He kneels down next to the body and reaches out a hand but pulls back, He's covered in blood and dirt. This isn't right, I can fix this, but I will need Jack's and a friendly ley line. The lines here in this time are in such pain, they may not be willing, but I have to try. He waves over some of the members of Last Dance. "Please get Jack back to the base ASAP, there's still time to save him." As they pick the body up, he jerkily reaches over and with a brushing action casts Cleanse, "Okay, get moving," he says. His expression calms and his thoughts ordered. now that Jack is at least clean,

The mage moves back to support the cyber-knight and sees him give a flick of his head. Grant reaches out telepathically to Sir Ronith, his mental voice full of anguish, but his words are hopeful, Jack...Jack is
I think Jim actually put Jack in an inactive slot, so there's away for Jack to be alive. Otherwise, I am just role playing this and when the time comes the resurrection will fail.
, but he doesn't have to be. If we can get him to a ley line or a nexus, I may be able to bring him back.


Grant turns and moves back to the remaining Last Dance team members, "Fall back and join up with the refugees." Grant uses the opportunity to duck out of sight and turn invisible and float up in the air so he can cover Sir Ronith's departure.
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record
Info
M.D.C.: 97/[color=#FF00000]97[/color] • P.P.E.: 656/656 • I.S.P.: 94/94 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 89% | 100mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 99% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 1500mi • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
Post Reply

Return to “Heroes for Hire Adventure Forum”