Torment

The continuing adventures of an arrogant elf, and the masochists who join him on his fools errands.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
Posts: 590
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Torment

Post by Ronith »

JIC: 1d20: [16] = 16 , 1d100: [8] = 8
PER: 1d100: [67] = 67 vs. 94% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)
Conditions:
8m15s, can hide in shadows 5+ ft tall, +15% to prowl, attackers -5 to hit.
,
8m15s, 92% skill, 80ft. range, can pinpoint exact number and location of all sentient beings.
,
23m15s, +1 APM, +2 PP [+1 s/p/d], +3 initiative, +1 strike, +2 parry/dodge, +15% on physical skills that rely on coordination or balance.
,
+2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Duration 7.25 Minutes.
,
Applies to anyone who directs an attack at Ronith: +2 strike and parry, +1 dodge. Opponents lose all machine-provided bonuses, -1 APM, -4 strike Ronith, -2 to dodge Ronith’s attacks.
,
RPA Pilots: Inexperienced operators (levels 1-3) cannot use sensors at all, lose two attacks every time they try to figure out what’s going on. Experienced operators lose one attack and have a -40% penalty.


Prowl- 1d100: [78] = 78 vs. 111%
To ambush anyone who moves to attack.

As Ronith listens to the others’ reports continuing to come in over the radio, his face grows stonier and stonier. Surely, stopping these monstrous experiments will have no effect on the future timeline. I cannot abide these atrocities. I will not. But he knows his first priority will be to get the others to safety. The soldiers are pulling back for now, but something tells Ronith that won’t last. Motioning his head to Grant, Ronith silently withdraws towards the building in-between their current position and that of the others. Along the way, having digested the reports from the rest of the team, Ronith has a sinking feeling that battle is nearly inevitable. Feeling a sense or urgency, he takes a few seconds to reply to the others. ”Daisuke, get the refugees to Carver. Our best hope is that he can either protect them, or blend them in with the others we have rescued. Barracuda, supervise the evacuation of anyone still trapped. That includes the so-called renegades we were sent to engage. The rest of you, take up firing positions and be prepared to hold the line. I do not think we will be able to avoid violence on this one.”

Ronith will wait, ideally somewhere where he can remain shadow melded, and prepare to ambush any attackers that move on the others to continue the Major’s grisly work. When the time comes, he will not hesitate- he will summon a psi-sword, and move to neutralize the biggest threats he can identify (likely the tanks’ main guns, and any glitter boys attached to the unit).

Initiative: 1d20+22: [19]+22 = 41 (+6 if sixth sense applies)
APM: 9

Action 1: Psi-sword strike at the biggest remaining threat. 1d20+27: [12]+27 = 39 to strike, 8d6: [1, 5, 3, 4, 3, 2, 5, 5] = 28 MD.
Action 2: Psi-sword strike at the biggest remaining threat. 1d20+27: [8]+27 = 35 to strike, 8d6: [6, 3, 1, 2, 6, 6, 1, 2] = 27 MD.
Action 3: Psi-sword strike at the biggest remaining threat. 1d20+27: [5]+27 = 32 to strike, 8d6: [3, 1, 6, 2, 5, 1, 1, 6] = 25 MD.
Action 4: Psi-sword strike at the biggest remaining threat. 1d20+27: [16]+27 = 43 to strike, 8d6: [1, 2, 5, 4, 3, 3, 3, 3] = 24 MD.
Action 5: Psi-sword strike at the biggest remaining threat. 1d20+27: [6]+27 = 33 to strike, 8d6: [6, 6, 2, 1, 6, 5, 2, 4] = 32 MD.
Action 6: Psi-sword strike at the biggest remaining threat. 1d20+27: [16]+27 = 43 to strike, 8d6: [1, 5, 4, 1, 1, 2, 1, 2] = 17 MD.
Action 7: Psi-sword strike at the biggest remaining threat. 1d20+27: [2]+27 = 29 to strike, 8d6: [3, 2, 2, 3, 3, 5, 5, 6] = 29 MD.
Action 8: Psi-sword strike at the biggest remaining threat. 1d20+27: [4]+27 = 31 to strike, 8d6: [2, 5, 5, 3, 3, 4, 3, 6] = 31 MD.
Action 9: Psi-sword strike at the biggest remaining threat. 1d20+27: [14]+27 = 41 to strike, 8d6: [3, 4, 2, 1, 6, 2, 2, 5] = 25 MD.

Auto-parries: 1d20+32: [18]+32 = 50 , 1d20+32: [11]+32 = 43 , 1d20+32: [15]+32 = 47 , 1d20+32: [6]+32 = 38 , 1d20+32: [19]+32 = 51 , 1d20+32: [3]+32 = 35 , 1d20+32: [6]+32 = 38 , 1d20+32: [5]+32 = 37 , 1d20+32: [20]+32 = 52
Auto-dodges (additional +6 vs. two primary targets, +2 vs. robots/PA): 1d20+15: [14]+15 = 29 , 1d20+15: [13]+15 = 28 , 1d20+15: [16]+15 = 31 , 1d20+15: [19]+15 = 34 , 1d20+15: [10]+15 = 25 , 1d20+15: [11]+15 = 26 , 1d20+15: [15]+15 = 30 , 1d20+15: [2]+15 = 17 , 1d20+15: [5]+15 = 20
Defensive rolls do not include a -9 to strike penalty for attackers (see conditions for details).
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent)
| BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
ISP- 83/91; PPE- 47/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
Frostfang Heals: 3/4. Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (2/3); Cleanse (3/3)
User avatar
Keiko
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

Re: Torment

Post by Keiko »

Perception: 1d100: [9] = 9 /36%
JIC: 1d20: [7] = 7 ; 1d100: [83] = 83

Active Effects
  • Dimensional Attenuation: 110 Miles
  • Excellent hearing and smell
  • Sixth Sense
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fighting Spirit: +2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 6 Minutes
  • Energy Sphere | 120 PPE | BOM 120 | 38 days | 264 P.P.E./500 M.D.C.
  • AOI from Armor | MDC: 32/50
Keiko smiles at the elf as she laments about being stuck in hell. "Oh come on it's not that bad. Besides only in hell can you really test your limits." Keiko strikes a pose with her left leg bent two fingers out with a wink. She looks very much like an anime character come to life. Just as she is trying to lighten the mood she feels the shift in the air and her fur puffs out from between her armor. "Looks like its time to test those limits again." Keiko Keys her radio, "Daisuke open the portals behind me. I'll keep the entrance covered. Keep it less then 10 feet high. Grant, Ronith Go up and over our position by a grater height then 10 feet. I'm going to lock time in front of us to stop any fire." Keiko points to herself and winks at the elf, "Temporal mage." Keiko looks back to where the area between her and the hostiles, her goal is to drop time stop bubbles to form a ten foot wall of protection in between the hostiles and the people they are now trying to rescue. Keiko will drop 4 of them for a total of 40 feet of protection. Keiko focuses on the incantation saying it loud enough for those around her to hear it, "Time, Master of all and Master of none, flowing and constant. By my will, head my command...Stop Time!" After the fourth casting Keiko drops to a knee in exhaustion. Never have I used this much energy before. Even if it's being supplemented this is exhausting.

Combat:
APM: 8
-2 ISP (Sixth Sense)
Init: 1d20+13: [5]+13 = 18

Action 1-2: Cast Warp Time: Stop Time (-70 PPE from Energy Sphere) 20 feet Directly in front of her position
Action 3-4: Cast Warp Time: Stop Time (-70 PPE from Energy Sphere) To the left of the first
Action 5-6: Cast Warp Time: Stop Time (-70 PPE from Energy Sphere) To the right of the first
Action 7-8: Cast Warp Time: Stop Time (-70 PPE from Energy Sphere) Which ever direction seems to have a larger concentration of fire or more tanks

Duration of Stop Time: 2 minutes
Keiko

P.P.E.: 110/110
I.S.P.: 35/35
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 86/86
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
Helmet - 40/40
Left Arm 20/20
Right Arm 20/20
Right Leg 30/30
Left Leg 30/30
Main Body - 60/60
Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 470
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Torment

Post by Grant Latham »

New Perception: 78% vs 1d100: [51] = 51
JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4 , 1d100: [20] = 20
Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • Sense Ley Line: 89%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 99%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 150mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 97/97
  • I.S.P.: 92/94
  • P.P.E.: 1812/656
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
Sustain | BOM 109 | 8 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.

Every time the target is hit, they must save vs magic or suffer a Life Drain, as per the 7th level spell. A failed save means the victim loses half his hit points and S.D.C., plus speed is reduced by half, the character loses one melee attack, and suffers -10% on skill performance. This attack will affect targets in body armor or power armor, but not anything bigger. M.D. creatures only suffer the 4D6 M.D. The weakness will last for 10 melee rounds, after which the victim begins to regain their hit points and S.D.C. as is normal for their healing ability.

Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 25 PPE| 383.50 min | 50 mph, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge +2 Damage diving

Empathy | RUE 172 | 6 ISP | 100' Area | 5 minutes

Fleet Feet | PF2 186 | 20 ppe | 10 minutes | Double PP, Spd, APM, -2 Init, -20% on skills that require a delicate touch

Infrared Vision | MA 9 | 2 PPE | 23.50 min | 2000' |See through 4" S.D.C. .5" light M.D.C. material. 1" dirt. 1' water or heavy M.D.C.

Invisibility to Sensors | MA 15 | 20 PPE | 23.50 min

Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 43.50 min | 250 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy

Invulnerability | BOM 116 | 5 min | Impervious to Cold, Fire, Energy, Disease, Poisons, Toxins, Gases, and Drugs. 50 M.D.C. force field. +10 vs Magic, Psionics, HF

Ley Line Storm Defense | 90 PPE | BOM 142 | 200' Diameter | 73.50 min

Lightning Arc | 30 PPE | BOM 122 | 4000' | 5 min | 8d6+40 M.D. | +4 to strike within 100', +1 to strike otherwise

Mystic Invisibility | MA 17 | 25 PPE | 23.50 min

Nightvision | MA 9 | 4 PPE | 41.50 min | 3600' in non magical darkness

Mystic Portal | BOM 135 | 20 PPE | 80' | 10' X 20' door | 4.50 min

See the Invisible | BOM 92 | 4 PPE | 3.50 min | 1200'

Telepathy | RUE 177 | 4 ISP | 5 min | Surface Thoughts 60' Two-Way Telepathic Communication 500'

Sense Evil | BOM 92 | 2 PPE | 23.50 min | 270' radius

World Bizarre | BOM 92 | 40 PPE | 5 min | 800' | 800' radius | See description


Need a Time Check
I've reduced spell durations by 15 mins. Absorbed 20 PPE per 15 seconds: 20 * 4 * 15 = 1200

Grant joins Sir Ronith, when out of sight of the troops, he turns invisible. Jack's ingenious death weighs heavily on Grant, he can't help but think of Vinnie, the poor Larmac who died soon after Grant joining H4H. Back here in this time, perhaps it's inevitable that one or more of us will die. It doesn't make it any easier to bear. These people are scared, their world turned upside down by the transformation of this world into an inter-dimensional hub likes of which has never existed before on Earth. His diversion bought them a few minutes of time to get the people out of the rubble, and during that time, Grant absorbed the magical energy available from the nexus and ley line that he could feel that was within a mile of them.

His disembodied voice next to Sir Ronith says, "It looks like our deception is crumbling, and they are going to attack. Don't immediately charge in. Taking them head on is suicidal. I will create an illusion that should make them turn upon themselves. I recommend activating your invulnerability talisman."

The mage renews his invulnerability spell using a talisman upon his left hand. When he hears the call to attack or sees them pushing forward, he casts
World Bizarre
Range: Can be cast up to 200 feet (61 m) away; radius affect.
Duration : One melee round per level of experience.
Saving Throw: Special.
P.P.E.: Forty
World Bizarre is a little known illusionary spell that some consider to be a Spell of Legend. It temporarily transforms a small area (20 foot/6 m radius per level of the spell caster) into a terrifying and hostile domain. World Bizarre causes everything in the area of affect (the ground, trees, people, vehicles, etc.) to take on a demonic and monstrous appearance. Arms and tree limbs turn into clawed hands or tentacles, mouths are filled with huge fangs, eyes glow, living creatures look like monsters, and various other weirdness. The area radiates fear with a Horror Factor of 17 and everything in this magically transformed world seems hostile and dangerous!
Those outside the World Bizarre, and who fail to save vs Horror Factor, will not enter it. A successful save vs Horror Factor means the character has the emotional fortitude to endure the World Bizarre, but suffers the following penalties: - 1 attack per melee round, -2 on initiative, -2 to strike and parry, and - 1 0% on the performance of all skills.
If caught inside the area of effect and failing to save vs Horror Factor, the character will run to just beyond its borders as they themselves seem to begin to turn into monsters, and may flee the area entirely, depending on the circumstances and Mental Endurance. Those magically transformed into monsters (need a save vs magic of 17 or higher to remain unchanged) suffer the same feelings of horror and penalties, but instantly return to normal as soon as they flee the area of effect.


Range for Grant: 200' * 2 (Lord Magi) * 2 (1 mile of nexus) = 800'
Radius for Grant: 20' * 10 (Levels) * 2 (Lord Magi) * 2 (1 mile of nexus) = 800' radius
Duration for Grant: 1 melee * 10 (levels) * 2 (1 mile of nexus) = 20 melees (5 min)
. He targets at maximum range knowing that edge will be right before their current position and should easily encompass all of the NEMA troops. As the magic blooms transforming everything within it's sphere of influence into something monstrous, Grant enhances his own reflexes and reactivates his
Every time the target is hit, they must save vs magic or suffer a Life Drain, as per the 7th level spell. A failed save means the victim loses half his hit points and S.D.C., plus speed is reduced by half, the character loses one melee attack, and suffers -10% on skill performance. This attack will affect targets in body armor or power armor, but not anything bigger. M.D. creatures only suffer the 4D6 M.D. The weakness will last for 10 melee rounds, after which the victim begins to regain their hit points and S.D.C. as is normal for their healing ability.
, and then begins casting Lightning Arc.

If a soldiercomes out of the illusion, he strikes with his blade (attacking from behind for automatic critical if possible), but if it's a tank, he targets it with lightning. He moves apart from Sir Ronith and waits for anyone who successfully makes it out of the illusion in their direction.

Initiative: 1d20+6: [12]+6 = 18
APM: 10 (11 with magic) [boosted to 17]
Critical Strike on 18-20 or from behind
PP Change: 14 to 28 (+7 Strike/Parry/Dodge)
Spd Change: 32 to 64 (320 yards/melee)
APM Change: 20 (21 with magic, though spells take double the normal number of actions)
  1. Activate Talisman
  2. Begin casting World Bizarre
  3. Finish casting World Bizarre
  4. Begin casting Fleet Feet
  5. Finish casting Fleet Feet (remaining APM: 12)
  6. Charge Draining Blade
  7. Begin Casting Lightning Arc
  8. Continue Casting Lightning Arc
  9. Continue Casting Lightning Arc
  10. Finish Casting Lightning Arc
  11. Strike with Draining Blade: 1d20+15: [9]+15 = 24 Damage: 4d6: [1, 1, 2, 5] = 9 M.D. plus life drain or Blast with Lightning Arc: 1d20+4: [11]+4 = 15 Damage: 8d6+40: [6, 6, 3, 2, 5, 5, 3, 2]+40 = 72 M.D.
  12. Strike with Draining Blade: 1d20+15: [6]+15 = 21 Damage: 4d6: [2, 2, 6, 5] = 15 M.D. plus life drain or Blast with Lightning Arc: 1d20+4: [11]+4 = 15 Damage: 8d6+40: [5, 3, 3, 1, 2, 3, 2, 3]+40 = 62 M.D.
  13. Strike with Draining Blade: 1d20+15: [11]+15 = 26 Damage: 4d6: [3, 6, 2, 5] = 16 M.D. plus life drain or Blast with Lightning Arc: 1d20+4: [3]+4 = 7 Damage: 8d6+40: [2, 6, 4, 3, 1, 1, 5, 3]+40 = 65 M.D.
  14. Strike with Draining Blade: 1d20+15: [8]+15 = 23 Damage: 4d6: [2, 2, 4, 3] = 11 M.D. plus life drain or Blast with Lightning Arc: 1d20+4: [10]+4 = 14 Damage: 8d6+40: [5, 6, 4, 3, 2, 5, 6, 6]+40 = 77 M.D.
  15. Strike with Draining Blade: 1d20+15: [5]+15 = 20 Damage: 4d6: [1, 5, 5, 3] = 14 M.D. plus life drain or Blast with Lightning Arc: 1d20+4: [12]+4 = 16 Damage: 8d6+40: [5, 5, 3, 2, 2, 6, 2, 3]+40 = 68 M.D.
  16. Strike with Draining Blade: 1d20+15: [4]+15 = 19 Damage: 4d6: [3, 6, 4, 3] = 16 M.D. plus life drain or Blast with Lightning Arc: 1d20+4: [13]+4 = 17 Damage: 8d6+40: [5, 4, 5, 3, 5, 2, 5, 3]+40 = 72 M.D.
  17. Strike with Draining Blade: 1d20+15: [20]+15 = 35 Crit! Damage: 4d6: [5, 6, 5, 1] = 17 M.D. (34 M.D.) plus life drain or Blast with Lightning Arc: 1d20+4: [10]+4 = 14 Damage: 8d6+40: [5, 3, 1, 4, 1, 2, 6, 4]+40 = 66 M.D.

Contingency:

Parry/Dodge(+16/+11): 17d20: [7, 19, 2, 10, 11, 4, 12, 2, 10, 17, 13, 11, 13, 1, 10, 19, 2] = 163
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record
Info
M.D.C.: 97/[color=#FF00000]97[/color] • P.P.E.: 656/656 • I.S.P.: 94/94 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 89% | 100mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 99% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 1500mi • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 382
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Torment

Post by Barracuda »

Perception: 1d100: [33] = 33 /43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20: [16] = 16 / 1d100: [56] = 56
+2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (1D8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 8 Minutes

Virtus wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:09 pm Barracuda sees the elves and soldiers he is near starting to make their way out. The metal creaks and groans as Weiss begins to lift out debris. The deary sky can now be seen. Several soldiers sit near the opening and hold up a hand. "If they see us, we're as good as dead." They turn to Barracuda, "What's your plan once we get out of here?"

"We're going to get you through a gateway to somewhere safe. I need you all to move on my mark and trust me. We're only going to get one shot at this."

Barracuda gets the "renegades" lined up inside of what cover exists in the caved in building. When he hears the unmistakable sound of combat proceeding, he'll holler out "Let's go! Let's go!" and wave the gathered elves and soldiers toward Daisuke and his portal. He cuts off sound from their end of things so that the enemy can't hear them attempting to escape. Putting himself between the "renegades" and any gunfire, he hopes that his advanced armor and natural durability will prevent any harm from coming their way. And if there are any enemy electronics within 85 feet of him, Barracuda will fire a beam of electromagnetic energy to take them off line temporarily.

Initiative: 1d20+4: [4]+4 = 8
APM: 9

Actions 1-9: Guide prisoners out toward Daisuke.
Parries: 1d20+10: [2]+10 = 12 1d20+10: [19]+10 = 29 1d20+10: [1]+10 = 11 1d20+10: [19]+10 = 29 1d20+10: [12]+10 = 22 1d20+10: [4]+10 = 14 1d20+10: [10]+10 = 20

Contingency: If there is something EMPable, Barracuda shoots a beam at it.
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
Ledger
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
Posts: 369
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Torment

Post by Virtus »

Conditions
Time: Day 8, 9:21am (dim light, equivalent to twilight)
Temperature: 27F
Visibility: 1000ft (haze)
Wind: 5mph out of the Northwest
Snow: 24"
Radio Traffic: heavy interference, light traffic.
Magic Use: Magic within 500ft. nexus rules in effect. Supernatural evil is detectable within 500ft and all will sense it within the scope of time.
Nexus Present within 1 mile
Open Rifts within 1 mile
Ronith instructs Daisuke to open a portal and get these refugees to Carver. He radios back, "Roger that. It will take a few jumps to get there but I will get them moving."

Daisuke move to where Ashlynn is, climbs up and looks out through the hole Weiss has made as far as he can see clearly. Keiko senses the change in atmosphere and tells him to drop it behind her. He spots an open area with a church. He opens a portal just at the top of the wreckage to that location and the one here behind Keiko.

Ashlynn spins a tale that none of the elves are interested in hearing, nor the soldiers. Whether they take her words seriously or not, "it is what it is" isn't taken well. Never the less, a portal up for the offerings, the run, stumble and limp through it, some even carried. Some look at a few of the crushed bodies tearfully but waste no time exiting the rubble. She follows them out through the portal to near where the church is, manifesting her energy shield.

Keiko halts time in several locations around the wreckage which is fortunate as the distintive roar of missiles are heard. Ronith and Grant see the five tanks launch short range missiles which arc overhead for the rubble. The snow around them dances into the air for a moment in the monumental pressure change. A dozen streaks form overhead, like an artist whipping so many brushes across the grey sky. Grant and Ronith can hear the cries of astonishment as they stop as if suddenly paused in Keiko's magic.

Weiss opens fire on one of the tanks. It returns fire and begins to pull back. The tank to the east of it also fires on Blue. The rockets land on the first tank. Weiss's HUD flashes the hits as positioning information comes in. He opens up with the railgun even as several hits find home on Blue. The main gun on the one he is firing on issues smoke, but tank is still operable.

Grant Latham, once a human like these soldiers but now imbued with otherworldly magics, weaves a twisted world. A great number of voice cry out in terror. Energy weapon fire erupts from the illusion. The snow laden ground grows into horrific frozen teeth. The dormant trees writhe like skeletal hands. The soldiers' bodies distort, not unlike the poor soldiers they saw in St Louis near the arch. Some of these appear to fuse with their weapons, while others' bodies break away, leaving jagged stumps in the supernatural cold of the illusion. Two take their own lives, turning their weapons on themselves. Those able, flee in every direction, some making their way towards Grant and Ronith. The Tanks pull back, trying to escape the nightmare.

Ronith melds into the shadows and engages troops as they come out of Grant's illusion. A platoon makes its way towards Ronith and Grant's position. Ronith sees the soldier leading the platoon and slips out of shadow behind. In seconds the soldier is disemboweled, her screams mingling with the rest from the world bizzare. The soldier behind her takes aim at Ronith, point blank but he easily parries the shot and opens up and impressive wound on the man's chest. Two more soldiers rush in to help their comrade but the elf turns them both aside, finishing the next soldier and then turning on the other two, lopping off one of their arms. A brilliant spray of blood paints the white land scape and half of Ronith's armor as hell unfolds. There are five soldiers remaining that open fire. Three on Ronith and two on Grant's general position, either unable to hit Ronith or unable to see Grant resulting in no hits.

Grant takes on the rest of the soldiers that fled this direction. Reaching out his hand, a blue-white bolt leaps out, striking the next soldier with a loud snap. She screams as the mage rushes in, plunging his blade into her heavily damaged armor. She grasps at Grant's invisible hand that holds the blade before her struggle ceases. Sparing no time he rounds on the next as the immediate area flashes for moment from the incredible energy of the lightning arc. The man lets outs a cry but stumbles forward towards Grant's position marked by his comrades fallen body and fires his rifle before another loud crack sounds and the man's armor ruptures and his innards drench the ground nearby, leaving a horrific stench in the air.

Barracuda covers the sounds of their escape, eerily silent as they move toward Daisuke's portal. He hears the sounds of missiles and the sudden stop as they are held up in Keiko's magic. Coming out near the church he looks around quickly and does not see any immediate danger, but sees a few eyes peeking out from a window on the church.

Ronith and Grant see the tanks and other soldiers that have pulled back still moving, but they assume a regroup will be imminent.

With the soldiers and refugees escaped, Weiss can move to either help Ronith or away towards the soldiers.

Onyx with last Dance, grabs the APC and moves towards Barracuda and company.

Butcher's Bill: 20 MD energy damage to Grant's Invincible armor (only takes 10 since it's energy)
Blue Beauty Main Body: 140 MD
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 264
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Torment

Post by Weiss »

Perception 56% 1d100: [17] = 17
JIC 1d100: [33] = 33 1d20: [15] = 15

Weiss feels the Beauty rock as the tanks return fire and a few warning lights start flashing inside the cockpit.
Hang in there baby. I only ask for a gunner because it doubles my firepower

"Okay, taking a few hits out here. Is that everybody out? We finishing this or leaving?"


Beauty Main Body - 280/420

initiative 1d20+5: [4]+5 = 9

If the tanks return, he will disable the damaged one first, otherwise he will lay down fire on the soldiers fighting Ronith, either helping him or providing covering fire as he pulls back. Any missile attacks Weiss will hit those to keep

If the party retreats through the portal, Weiss will provide covering fire, alternating between moving back to the portal and firing at targets of opportunity to keep their heads down
1 strike 1d20+5: [1]+5 = 6 1 1d6*10: [5]*10 = 50
2 strike 1d20+5: [10]+5 = 15 2 1d6*10: [2]*10 = 20
3 1d20+5: [4]+5 = 9 3 1d6*10: [6]*10 = 60
4 strike 1d20+5: [4]+5 = 9 4 1d6*10: [6]*10 = 60
5 strike 1d20+5: [6]+5 = 11 5 1d6*10: [4]*10 = 40
6 strike 1d20+5: [20]+5 = 25 6 1d6*10: [1]*10 = 10
7 strike 1d20+5: [13]+5 = 18 7 1d6*10: [1]*10 = 10
8 strike 1d20+5: [6]+5 = 11 8 1d6*10: [1]*10 = 10
9 strike 1d20+5: [9]+5 = 14 9 1d6*10: [5]*10 = 50

dodges
dodges+11 not included 9d20: [15, 4, 20, 9, 13, 16, 4, 10, 2] = 93
Dice rolls
Perception 56% 1d100: [11] = 11
JIC 1d100: [1] = 1
1d20: [8] = 8
9*1d20+11: [4]+11 = 0
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
Posts: 590
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Torment

Post by Ronith »

JIC: 1d20: [8] = 8 , 1d100: [71] = 71
PER: 1d100: [97] = 97 vs. 94% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)
Conditions:
8m00s, can hide in shadows 5+ ft tall, +15% to prowl, attackers -5 to hit.
,
8m00s, 92% skill, 80ft. range, can pinpoint exact number and location of all sentient beings.
,
23m00s, +1 APM, +2 PP [+1 s/p/d], +3 initiative, +1 strike, +2 parry/dodge, +15% on physical skills that rely on coordination or balance.
,
+2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Duration 7.00 Minutes.
,
Applies to anyone who directs an attack at Ronith: +2 strike and parry, +1 dodge. Opponents lose all machine-provided bonuses, -1 APM, -4 strike Ronith, -2 to dodge Ronith’s attacks.
,
RPA Pilots: Inexperienced operators (levels 1-3) cannot use sensors at all, lose two attacks every time they try to figure out what’s going on. Experienced operators lose one attack and have a -40% penalty.


Prowl- 1d100: [20] = 20 vs. 111%
To ambush anyone who moves to attack.
Tumbling- 1d100: [14] = 14 vs. 96%
Ronith can jump 23 feet high without the skill or a running start, but this is JIC.
Keiko wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:21 am"Daisuke open the portals behind me. I'll keep the entrance covered. Keep it less then 10 feet high. Grant, Ronith Go up and over our position by a grater height then 10 feet. I'm going to lock time in front of us to stop any fire."
”Acknowledged. Withdraw as soon as the civilians are clear; Grant and I shall bring up the rear.”
Grant Latham wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:40 am"It looks like our deception is crumbling, and they are going to attack. Don't immediately charge in. Taking them head on is suicidal. I will create an illusion that should make them turn upon themselves. I recommend activating your invulnerability talisman."
Ronith smiles under his helmet. ”I am touched by your concern, but stealth is more important than durability and I fear that glow would give away my position. Besides, I prefer to save your spellcrafting as a surprise. Cast your illusion, but be prepared to take to the air and help the others. I shall be fine.”
Weiss wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:30 pm"Okay, taking a few hits out here. Is that everybody out? We finishing this or leaving?"
”Barracuda, report.” Assuming his second reports the successful evacuation, Ronith follows with ”Withdraw and rejoin the others Weiss. Grant and I should be able to slow them down enough for everyone to escape.” Then, the cyber-knight takes a moment to think, before addressing Grant. ”We start pulling back towards the others, but slowly. Give them time to get clear, and see if we can lure the NEMAns into another attack on our position. If they take the bait, we hit them again, bloody their noses, and repeat the process. Either way, once they are slow enough to respond, we break off and catch up to the others. When that happens, if you have any illusions you can deploy to lure them away from our planned route that would be most helpful.” Odin willing, Carver will still help us. Someone needs to do something about that little psychopath in charge, too.

Per his strategy, Ronith will pull back towards the others (making a point to leap over the temporal null zone Keiko created). He won’t engage in hostilities unless NEMAn troops get close again, in which case as before he will prioritize those with the heaviest armaments or who otherwise appear to be the greatest threats (i.e., spellcasters). As the rest of Heroes for Hire and the escapees they are escorting pull back further, Ronith will follow them- still trying to remain hidden, and keeping a healthy distance in case any of the evil NEMAns try to catch up.

Initiative: 1d20+22: [6]+22 = 28
APM: 9

(Deduct actions for movement/speech as appropriate)

Action 1: Psi-sword strike at any threat that gets too close. 1d20+27: [12]+27 = 39 to strike, 8d6: [3, 4, 1, 6, 2, 5, 4, 2] = 27 MD.
Action 2: Psi-sword strike at any threat that gets too close. 1d20+27: [7]+27 = 34 to strike, 8d6: [2, 4, 3, 4, 4, 4, 1, 5] = 27 MD.
Action 3: Psi-sword strike at any threat that gets too close. 1d20+27: [2]+27 = 29 to strike, 8d6: [5, 6, 2, 2, 4, 4, 3, 3] = 29 MD.
Action 4: Psi-sword strike at any threat that gets too close. 1d20+27: [18]+27 = 45 to strike, 8d6: [4, 2, 3, 5, 5, 2, 5, 4] = 30 x2=60 MD.
Action 5: Psi-sword strike at any threat that gets too close. 1d20+27: [7]+27 = 34 to strike, 8d6: [3, 6, 6, 3, 3, 6, 3, 4] = 34 MD.
Action 6: Psi-sword strike at any threat that gets too close. 1d20+27: [18]+27 = 45 to strike, 8d6: [2, 6, 1, 3, 3, 3, 4, 3] = 25 x2=50 MD.
Action 7: Psi-sword strike at any threat that gets too close. 1d20+27: [13]+27 = 40 to strike, 8d6: [4, 4, 5, 4, 6, 2, 5, 1] = 31 MD.
Action 8: Psi-sword strike at any threat that gets too close. 1d20+27: [10]+27 = 37 to strike, 8d6: [4, 2, 4, 1, 4, 6, 3, 2] = 26 MD.
Action 9: Psi-sword strike at any threat that gets too close. 1d20+27: [8]+27 = 35 to strike, 8d6: [1, 2, 6, 6, 2, 1, 6, 3] = 27 MD.

Auto-parries: 1d20+32: [10]+32 = 42 , 1d20+32: [17]+32 = 49 , 1d20+32: [14]+32 = 46 , 1d20+32: [19]+32 = 51 , 1d20+32: [4]+32 = 36 , 1d20+32: [12]+32 = 44 , 1d20+32: [14]+32 = 46 , 1d20+32: [8]+32 = 40 , 1d20+32: [7]+32 = 39
Auto-dodges (additional +6 vs. two primary targets, +2 vs. robots/PA): 1d20+15: [11]+15 = 26 , 1d20+15: [15]+15 = 30 , 1d20+15: [2]+15 = 17 , 1d20+15: [7]+15 = 22 , 1d20+15: [1]+15 = 16 , 1d20+15: [7]+15 = 22 , 1d20+15: [11]+15 = 26 , 1d20+15: [5]+15 = 20 , 1d20+15: [13]+15 = 28
Defensive rolls do not include a -9 to strike penalty for attackers (see conditions for details).
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent)
| BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
ISP- 83/91; PPE- 47/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
Frostfang Heals: 3/4. Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (2/3); Cleanse (3/3)
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 470
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Torment

Post by Grant Latham »

New Perception: 78% vs 1d100: [80] = 80
JIC: 1d20: [15] = 15 , 1d100: [18] = 18
Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • Sense Ley Line: 89%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 99%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 150mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 97/97
  • I.S.P.:
  • Strike with Draining Blade: 1d20+15 Damage: 4d6 M.D. plus life drain or Blast with Lightning Arc: 1d20+4 Damage: 8d6+40 M.D.
    /94
  • P.P.E.: 937/656
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
Sustain | BOM 109 | 8 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.

Every time the target is hit, they must save vs magic or suffer a Life Drain, as per the 7th level spell. A failed save means the victim loses half his hit points and S.D.C., plus speed is reduced by half, the character loses one melee attack, and suffers -10% on skill performance. This attack will affect targets in body armor or power armor, but not anything bigger. M.D. creatures only suffer the 4D6 M.D. The weakness will last for 10 melee rounds, after which the victim begins to regain their hit points and S.D.C. as is normal for their healing ability.

Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 25 PPE| 383.25 min | 50 mph, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge +2 Damage diving

Empathy | RUE 172 | 6 ISP | 100' Area | 4.75 minutes

Fleet Feet | PF2 186 | 20 ppe | 9.75 minutes | Double PP, Spd, APM, -2 Init, -20% on skills that require a delicate touch

Infrared Vision | MA 9 | 2 PPE | 23.25 min | 2000' |See through 4" S.D.C. .5" light M.D.C. material. 1" dirt. 1' water or heavy M.D.C.

Invisibility to Sensors | MA 15 | 20 PPE | 23.25 min

Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 43.25 min | 240 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy

Invulnerability | BOM 116 | 4.75 min | Impervious to Cold, Fire, Energy, Disease, Poisons, Toxins, Gases, and Drugs. 50 M.D.C. force field. +10 vs Magic, Psionics, HF

Ley Line Storm Defense | 90 PPE | BOM 142 | 200' Diameter | 73.25 min

Lightning Arc | 30 PPE | BOM 122 | 4000' | 4.75 min | 8d6+40 M.D. | +4 to strike within 100', +1 to strike otherwise

Mystic Invisibility | MA 17 | 25 PPE | 23.25 min

Nightvision | MA 9 | 4 PPE | 41.25 min | 3600' in non magical darkness

Mystic Portal | BOM 135 | 20 PPE | 80' | 10' X 20' door | 4.25 min

See the Invisible | BOM 92 | 4 PPE | 3.25 min | 1200'

Telepathy | RUE 177 | 4 ISP | 4.75 min | Surface Thoughts 60' Two-Way Telepathic Communication 500'

Sense Evil | BOM 92 | 2 PPE | 23.25 min | 270' radius

World Bizarre | BOM 92 | 40 PPE | 4.75 min | 800' | 800' radius | See description


Need a Time Check
Adjusted ley line absorption based on 5 min, but otherwise just went forward with spell durations.
Ronith wrote: Ronith smiles under his helmet. ”I am touched by your concern, but stealth is more important than durability and I fear that glow would give away my position. Besides, I prefer to save your spellcrafting as a surprise. Cast your illusion, but be prepared to take to the air and help the others. I shall be fine.”

”Withdraw and rejoin the others Weiss. Grant and I should be able to slow them down enough for everyone to escape.”[/color] Then, the cyber-knight takes a moment to think, before addressing Grant. ”We start pulling back towards the others, but slowly. Give them time to get clear, and see if we can lure the NEMAns into another attack on our position. If they take the bait, we hit them again, bloody their noses, and repeat the process. Either way, once they are slow enough to respond, we break off and catch up to the others. When that happens, if you have any illusions you can deploy to lure them away from our planned route that would be most helpful.”
This is one of the reasons I am not a soldier, Grant thinks to himself as they stand before the monstrous illusion he created and considers Sir Ronith's statements. I did not cast this illusion to make it easier for us to kill them, but to make them reconsider attacking to force them to retreat. All I've done is confirm their suspicions. They do not know yet that it is a foregone conclusion in this time that Earth is no longer just the home of humans like it is in our own, despite the Coalition States continued doctrine of human supremacy. This planet is currently being invaded and more times than not the invaders are not peaceful. At the moment, we count as invaders as well despite this not being of our own choosing. This Major Washington's desire to capture and experiment on the d-bees they encounter is horrible, but the fastest way to discover anything they can use to defend themselves.

The mage looks down at himself and imagine (since he's invisible) that he can see the blood splatters from his own actions. He casts Cleanse and grimaces at how slow it is, unhappy with the hyper amped up feeling. It feels like months since I last cast this spell, when we were ambushed by the Sunaj. When a soldier comes out of the illusion, he strikes without hesitation, splattering blood yet again on himself. "Damn it!" he swears in frustration at both being dirty and having to take another life.

Intimidate with M.A. 25: 84% vs 1d100: [16] = 16 | Convince those coming out of the illusion to flee rather than fight.


He recasts
BOM 93 | 20 min | Appears +3 lvls, 1d4+2: [3]+2 = 5 M.A. Psionic See Aura will see truth. Magic See Aura will fluctuate) upon himself.
Then turns visible. When the next soldier appears, he shouts, deepening his voice, "Fly you fool! Leave this place, only death waits for you here. Save yourself and your companions. Know that your violence has begotten ours!" Those that stay, he strikes down with blade and electrical bolt.

If the opportunity is available he casts

Range: Can be cast up to 500 ( 1 52 m) away and affects 3,000x3,000 foot (914x914 m) area per level of the spell caster; area affect.
Duration: 30 minutes per level of the spell caster.
Saving Throw: -1 to save against a simple illusion, -4 to save vs an elaborate one (only -3 if an alien looking terrain).
P.P.E.: Fifty-Five for a simple "visual" illusion (no sound, smells, rustling of the wind, etc.); few details. One Hundred Twenty for an elaborate illusion, Le. a complete landscape (of whatever) that seems alive and real in every way - scurrying animals, chirping birds, the smell of flowers and plants, moving clouds, etc.
Illusory Terrain is fundamentally the same as the 10th level spell, Illusory Forest, except that virtually any type of terrain and landscape can be created.

For Grant this means:

Duration: 600 min
Range: 2000'
Area: 144,000,000 sq feet (2.25 sq miles)
Complex: 120 PPE
Save vs Magic: 15, -4 to save for an elaborate illusion
Actions to cast: 6
Creating an elaborate illusion hiding the activity of the people leaving the destroyed building, and then the illusion of combat (light, smoke, the sound of weapons fire, cries of help and pain. The smell of burnt wood, burning oil, the meaty smell of burnt meat. Dead people in body armor like the NEMAns, dead elves. Destroyed vehicles and buildings. He orients the illusion to the opposite direction of where Carver and the refugees are located as well as the NEMA troops
so southwest if I remember the map correctly. I'd like it to be relatively narrow, 500' wide and then maybe 5000' long (or what he could have reasonably seen while on the roof earlier. It could be bigger but it would have to be made up at that point. Grant is looking to add new elements not replace the entire scene with something different.
Once Sir Ronith begins retreating, Grant turns back invisible and follows in the air.


Initiative: 1d20+4: [20]+4 = 24
APM Change: 20 (21 with magic, though spells take double the normal number of actions)
Critical Strike on 18-20 or from behind
PP Change: 14 to 28 (+7 Strike/Parry/Dodge)
Spd Change: 32 to 64 (320 yards/melee)
  1. Begin Casting Cleanse
  2. Finish Casting Cleanse
  3. Strike with Draining Blade: 1d20+15: [14]+15 = 29 Damage: 4d6: [2, 1, 4, 3] = 10 M.D. plus life drain or Blast with Lightning Arc: 1d20+4: [17]+4 = 21 Damage: 8d6+40: [2, 2, 1, 6, 1, 3, 2, 5]+40 = 62 M.D.
  4. Begin Casting Aura of Power
  5. Finish Casting Aura of Power
  6. Turn visible
  7. Strike with Draining Blade: 1d20+15: [9]+15 = 24 Damage: 4d6: [4, 3, 1, 3] = 11 M.D. plus life drain or Blast with Lightning Arc: 1d20+4: [4]+4 = 8 Damage: 8d6+40: [5, 3, 2, 6, 1, 3, 4, 6]+40 = 70 M.D.
  8. Strike with Draining Blade: 1d20+15: [14]+15 = 29 Damage: 4d6: [4, 4, 4, 3] = 15 M.D. plus life drain or Blast with Lightning Arc: 1d20+4: [1]+4 = 5 Damage: 8d6+40: [6, 6, 2, 2, 6, 6, 5, 3]+40 = 76 M.D.
  9. Strike with Draining Blade: 1d20+15: [3]+15 = 18 Damage: 4d6: [3, 6, 2, 1] = 12 M.D. plus life drain or Blast with Lightning Arc: 1d20+4: [20]+4 = 24 Damage: 8d6+40: [5, 5, 5, 3, 4, 3, 2, 3]+40 = 70 M.D.
  10. Strike with Draining Blade: 1d20+15: [13]+15 = 28 Damage: 4d6: [1, 2, 4, 3] = 10 M.D. plus life drain or Blast with Lightning Arc: 1d20+4: [4]+4 = 8 Damage: 8d6+40: [2, 6, 3, 3, 5, 6, 3, 4]+40 = 72 M.D.
  11. Strike with Draining Blade: 1d20+15: [4]+15 = 19 Damage: 4d6: [3, 6, 6, 4] = 19 M.D. plus life drain or Blast with Lightning Arc: 1d20+4: [14]+4 = 18 Damage: 8d6+40: [3, 6, 1, 2, 3, 2, 5, 1]+40 = 63 M.D.
  12. Strike with Draining Blade: 1d20+15: [16]+15 = 31 Damage: 4d6: [2, 6, 4, 2] = 14 M.D. plus life drain or Blast with Lightning Arc: 1d20+4: [16]+4 = 20 Damage: 8d6+40: [1, 3, 3, 3, 5, 2, 1, 4]+40 = 62 M.D.
  13. Strike with Draining Blade: 1d20+15: [16]+15 = 31 Damage: 4d6: [4, 2, 6, 2] = 14 M.D. plus life drain or Blast with Lightning Arc: 1d20+4: [7]+4 = 11 Damage: 8d6+40: [5, 2, 5, 6, 1, 2, 4, 3]+40 = 68 M.D.
  14. Strike with Draining Blade: 1d20+15: [4]+15 = 19 Damage: 4d6: [2, 4, 1, 2] = 9 M.D. plus life drain or Blast with Lightning Arc: 1d20+4: [9]+4 = 13 Damage: 8d6+40: [2, 1, 1, 4, 4, 4, 2, 4]+40 = 62 M.D.
  15. Strike with Draining Blade: 1d20+15: [16]+15 = 31 Damage: 4d6: [6, 3, 4, 3] = 16 M.D. plus life drain or Blast with Lightning Arc: 1d20+4: [16]+4 = 20 Damage: 8d6+40: [2, 4, 5, 2, 5, 2, 3, 4]+40 = 67 M.D.
  16. Strike with Draining Blade: 1d20+15: [7]+15 = 22 Damage: 4d6: [1, 1, 6, 5] = 13 M.D. plus life drain or Blast with Lightning Arc: 1d20+4: [13]+4 = 17 Damage: 8d6+40: [5, 4, 4, 3, 1, 2, 1, 3]+40 = 63 M.D.
  17. Strike with Draining Blade: 1d20+15: [9]+15 = 24 Damage: 4d6: [3, 3, 3, 6] = 15 M.D. plus life drain or Blast with Lightning Arc: 1d20+4: [15]+4 = 19 Damage: 8d6+40: [4, 1, 3, 6, 1, 4, 3, 1]+40 = 63 M.D.
  18. Strike with Draining Blade: 1d20+15: [3]+15 = 18 Damage: 4d6: [1, 1, 2, 2] = 6 M.D. plus life drain or Blast with Lightning Arc: 1d20+4: [20]+4 = 24 Damage: 8d6+40: [2, 5, 4, 5, 2, 2, 5, 6]+40 = 71 M.D.
  19. Strike with Draining Blade: 1d20+15: [19]+15 = 34 Damage: 4d6: [5, 5, 3, 2] = 15 M.D. plus life drain or Blast with Lightning Arc: 1d20+4: [9]+4 = 13 Damage: 8d6+40: [4, 4, 3, 4, 5, 3, 3, 3]+40 = 69 M.D.
  20. Strike with Draining Blade: 1d20+15: [20]+15 = 35 Damage: 4d6: [2, 5, 4, 3] = 14 M.D. plus life drain or Blast with Lightning Arc: 1d20+4: [20]+4 = 24 Damage: 8d6+40: [4, 6, 5, 6, 4, 2, 6, 4]+40 = 77 M.D.
  21. Strike with Draining Blade: 1d20+15: [7]+15 = 22 Damage: 4d6: [1, 6, 4, 5] = 16 M.D. plus life drain or Blast with Lightning Arc: 1d20+4: [14]+4 = 18 Damage: 8d6+40: [6, 5, 1, 2, 1, 4, 3, 5]+40 = 67 M.D.
Contingency:

Parry/Dodge(+16/+11) 20d20: [19, 17, 12, 6, 11, 19, 6, 12, 2, 15, 10, 10, 1, 11, 15, 18, 14, 18, 19, 7] = 242
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record
Info
M.D.C.: 97/[color=#FF00000]97[/color] • P.P.E.: 656/656 • I.S.P.: 94/94 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 89% | 100mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 99% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 1500mi • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 382
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Torment

Post by Barracuda »

Perception: 1d100: [61] = 61 /43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19 / 1d100: [9] = 9
+2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (1D8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 8 Minutes


Barracuda continues moving the refugees through the portal until they are all clear. Once that's accomplished, he turns to look at the eyes he saw in the window earlier. "Barracuda here. I've got movement in the church. Moving to investigate."

Barracuda will head toward the church to figure out what was peering out at him. I'm either saving or fighting someone. Hopefully the former.

Initiative: 1d20+4: [2]+4 = 6
APM: 9
Actions 1-9: Head to church/Reserved for dodge.

Dodges: 1d20+8: [1]+8 = 9 1d20+8: [3]+8 = 11 1d20+8: [9]+8 = 17 1d20+8: [20]+8 = 28 1d20+8: [9]+8 = 17 1d20+8: [7]+8 = 15 1d20+8: [13]+8 = 21 1d20+8: [2]+8 = 10 1d20+8: [1]+8 = 9
Parries: 1d20+10: [13]+10 = 23 1d20+10: [2]+10 = 12 1d20+10: [8]+10 = 18 1d20+10: [2]+10 = 12 1d20+10: [6]+10 = 16 1d20+10: [9]+10 = 19 1d20+10: [1]+10 = 11 1d20+10: [6]+10 = 16 1d20+10: [12]+10 = 22
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
Ledger
User avatar
Keiko
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

Re: Torment

Post by Keiko »

Perception: 1d100: [44] = 44 /40%
JIC: 1d20: [1] = 1 ; 1d100: [96] = 96

Active Effects
  • Dimensional Attenuation: 150 Miles
  • Excellent hearing and smell
  • Sixth Sense
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fighting Spirit: +2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 6 Minutes
  • Energy Sphere | 120 PPE | BOM 120 | 38 days | 234 P.P.E./500 M.D.C.
  • AOI from Armor | MDC: 32/50

Keiko grins at the sight of the halted munitions in her time zones. It worked. Keiko activates her Instant Replay ability before she scrambles back through the portal making sure to get Ash, the elves and other soldier through the portal. Once through Keiko hears Barracuda on the radio and replies to him, "It's Keiko, just got back through the portal. I'll come back you up. Shouldn't investigate on your own." Keiko heads after Barracuda to investigate the church with him.

Combat:
APM: 8
Init: 1d20+7: [13]+7 = 20

Action 1: Activate Instant Replay (-30 PPE Energy Sphere) 70 feet centered on the destroyed building. (The enemy will see a repeat of the last 5 actions prior to this round)
Action 2: Move through portal to rejoin everyone.
Action 3: Radio Barracuda.
Action 4-8: Move with Barracuda to investigate the church.

Auto-Dodge: 1d20+5: [20]+5 = 25 ; 1d20+5: [13]+5 = 18 ; 1d20+5: [13]+5 = 18 ; 1d20+5: [12]+5 = 17 ; 1d20+5: [2]+5 = 7 ; 1d20+5: [20]+5 = 25 ; 1d20+5: [16]+5 = 21 ; 1d20+5: [17]+5 = 22

Contingencies:
-If Keiko's AOI is destroyed she will sacrifice an action to activate it from her armor.
Keiko

P.P.E.: 110/110
I.S.P.: 35/35
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 86/86
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
Helmet - 40/40
Left Arm 20/20
Right Arm 20/20
Right Leg 30/30
Left Leg 30/30
Main Body - 60/60
Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
Posts: 369
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Torment

Post by Virtus »

Conditions
Time: Day 8, 9:21am (dim light, equivalent to twilight)
Temperature: 27F
Visibility: 1000ft (haze)
Wind: 5mph out of the Northwest
Snow: 24"
Radio Traffic: heavy interference, light traffic.
Magic Use: Magic within 500ft. nexus rules in effect. Supernatural evil is detectable within 500ft and all will sense it within the scope of time.
Nexus Present within 1 mile
Open Rifts within 1 mile
Weiss watches Blue Beauty's radar. As he withdraws to the position near the church, only missiles could strike the tanks and holds off for the mean time as the horrors of the World Bizarre stand between he and his adversaries.

The blood and gore weigh heavily on Grant Latham. He cleanses himself of the blood that no doubt must have hit him, though nothing can be see. He create an aura in an attempt to drive them back. Ronith's blood letting enpowers Grant's efforts. The remaining soldiers of the platoon, flee to the west, seeking cover.

Even so, Ronith turns to reunite with the rest of his team. Grant follows behind. The chill air seems less so in the midst of battle. As they leave, Grant once again wields power magic to further distort the world around them.

Barracuda, followed by Keiko move to inspect the church more closely. The door is locked when he pulls on it, but the sounds of movement can be heard. Further, he spies in the snow the footprints of at least a dozen people, some of them likely belonging to children.

Shortly the sounds of Keiko's frozen missiles can be heard hitting the rubble, sending up a plume of smoke and debris. The APC and Last Dance lead out headed for Carver's general position and plan to report back once they have an affirmative location.

Looking to the east, Weiss spots a thin line of smoking stretching up to the sky. It may be from where Carver and the refugees may have met up with the other NEMA soldiers.
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
Posts: 590
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Torment

Post by Ronith »

JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9 , 1d100: [76] = 76
PER: 1d100: [53] = 53 vs. 94% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)
Conditions:
7m45s, can hide in shadows 5+ ft tall, +15% to prowl, attackers -5 to hit.
,
7m45s, 92% skill, 80ft. range, can pinpoint exact number and location of all sentient beings.
,
22m45s, +1 APM, +2 PP [+1 s/p/d], +3 initiative, +1 strike, +2 parry/dodge, +15% on physical skills that rely on coordination or balance.
,
+2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Duration 6.75 Minutes.
,
Applies to anyone who directs an attack at Ronith: +2 strike and parry, +1 dodge. Opponents lose all machine-provided bonuses, -1 APM, -4 strike Ronith, -2 to dodge Ronith’s attacks.
,
RPA Pilots: Inexperienced operators (levels 1-3) cannot use sensors at all, lose two attacks every time they try to figure out what’s going on. Experienced operators lose one attack and have a -40% penalty.


Prowl- 1d100: [70] = 70 vs. 111%
To continue to move stealthily, including on his hovercycle.
Barracuda wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:20 pm"Barracuda here. I've got movement in the church. Moving to investigate."
”Acknowledged. Keep it moving, though. No unnecessary risks.” With a nod to Grant, Ronith dispels his psi-sword and disappears, running as fast as he can towards the APC, while still remaining as quiet (and hidden) as he can. If he spots the plume of smoke, Ronith inwardly curses and switches back to the frequency they used with the NEMAns. I do not like the look of that. ”Col. Carver, report! Is everything alright?” When Barracuda reports his findings, Ronith sighs as he has to weigh dueling priorities. ”See what you can do with them Barracuda. I am sending Grant to assist.” With another nod to Grant, he adds (unless Carver has given the all clear) ”I need to check on Carver and the others. Stay alert- we are not out of this yet.” Ronith then grabs his hovercycle, kicks it up to stealthy cruising speed, and heads in the direction of the smoke. ”Weiss, watch my back. The rest of you, keep the refugees moving or help Barracuda as you are able. We may no longer be able to count upon safe haven here.” And then what? Did you just doom everyone to save a few?
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent)
| BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
ISP- 83/91; PPE- 47/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
Frostfang Heals: 3/4. Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (2/3); Cleanse (3/3)
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 382
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Torment

Post by Barracuda »

Perception: 1d100: [53] = 53 /43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20: [15] = 15 / 1d100: [77] = 77

+2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (1D8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 8 Minutes


Locked? Of course. Well, luckily, I carry a key with me. Barracuda grabs King Tide and aims for the doorknob. If the door gives, Barracuda does a quick recon of the building and hollers "Come with me for your ticket out of here!" If any bodies present themselves, he'll usher them out as quickly as possible and get them back to the rest of the group for evacuation. Whatever the situation ends up being, he'll report back to Ronith via radio as soon as he can.

Initiative: 1d20+4: [7]+4 = 11
APM: 9
Action 1: Break lock to church.
Actions 2-9: Get churchgoers to evacuate. Reserved for dodge.


Dodges: 1d20+8: [17]+8 = 25 1d20+8: [9]+8 = 17 1d20+8: [10]+8 = 18 1d20+8: [15]+8 = 23 1d20+8: [4]+8 = 12 1d20+8: [14]+8 = 22 1d20+8: [19]+8 = 27 1d20+8: [12]+8 = 20 1d20+8: [20]+8 = 28
Parries: 1d20+10: [17]+10 = 27 1d20+10: [9]+10 = 19 1d20+10: [17]+10 = 27 1d20+10: [11]+10 = 21 1d20+10: [5]+10 = 15 1d20+10: [18]+10 = 28 1d20+10: [12]+10 = 22 1d20+10: [9]+10 = 19 1d20+10: [13]+10 = 23
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
Ledger
User avatar
Keiko
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

Re: Torment

Post by Keiko »

Perception: 1d100: [16] = 16 /40%
JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2 ; 1d100: [42] = 42

Active Effects
  • Dimensional Attenuation: 150 Miles
  • Excellent hearing and smell
  • Sixth Sense
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fighting Spirit: +2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 6 Minutes
  • Energy Sphere | 120 PPE | BOM 120 | 38 days | 234 P.P.E./500 M.D.C.
  • AOI from Armor | MDC: 32/50

Keiko jogs up behind Barracuda as she sees him readying to strike the door, she calls out to him, "Wait. I can open it without the damage. Also you might scare who ever is in there if the door blasts open like that." Keiko pulls her lockpick kit from her belt and moves to unlock the door for Barracuda. Once the door is open Keiko will look down at herself then back to Barracuda, "Well you at least look normal so i will leave first contact to you. Careful there are kids in here." This is insane why am I helping these people? They have no future. Or do they? If they can adapt to their circumstances they will be better and more powerful for it. They deserve the chance to change. Just like the chance that was given to me. Even at the cost of my family. I moved past them. These people need to do the same. Stagnation leads to death.

Combat:
APM: 8
Init: 1d20+7: [1]+7 = 8

Action 1: Call out to barracuda
Action 2: Lockpick door: Pick Locks 1d100: [49] = 49 /60%
Action 3: Open door
Action 4: Speak to barracuda.
Action 5-8: Assist the people in the church and make their way to H4H's vehicles.

Auto-Dodge: 1d20+7: [16]+7 = 23 ; 1d20+7: [5]+7 = 12 ; 1d20+7: [8]+7 = 15 ; 1d20+7: [5]+7 = 12 ; 1d20+7: [16]+7 = 23 ; 1d20+7: [1]+7 = 8 ; 1d20+7: [16]+7 = 23 ; 1d20+7: [16]+7 = 23
Keiko

P.P.E.: 110/110
I.S.P.: 35/35
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 86/86
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
Helmet - 40/40
Left Arm 20/20
Right Arm 20/20
Right Leg 30/30
Left Leg 30/30
Main Body - 60/60
Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 264
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Torment

Post by Weiss »

Perception 1d100<56%: [24*] = 1
JIC 1d100: [18] = 18 1d20: [16] = 16
Virtus wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:12 pm Looking to the east, Weiss spots a thin line of smoking stretching up to the sky. It may be from where Carver and the refugees may have met up with the other NEMA soldiers.
Frak, this could be trouble He punches the comms on for the unit.

"We have smoke coming from where Carver and the refugees are. Might be benign, but with the way our luck is running, not inclined to think so.
Ronith wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:52 am If he spots the plume of smoke, Ronith inwardly curses and switches back to the frequency they used with the NEMAns. I do not like the look of that. ”Col. Carver, report! Is everything alright?”
Weiss uses the sensor turret to boost Ronith's radio frequency in case of interference or jamming. They don't know if we have reinforcements. First thing I would be doing is to jam any calls for aid.

Electronic Countermeasures 1d100<69%: [55*] = 1

Ronith wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:52 am Ronith then grabs his hovercycle, kicks it up to stealthy cruising speed, and heads in the direction of the smoke. ”Weiss, watch my back.
"Understood!"

Weiss gets the Beauty rolling, moving after Ronith at speed. Weiss knew the Beauty was the only one who could keep up at the moment. Still, she wasn't exactly stealthy, but if he worked with the interference that was everywhere at this point, he could mask his signature and get closer before they spotted him.

Electronic Countermeasures 1d100<69%: [92] = 0
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 470
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Torment

Post by Grant Latham »

New Perception: 78% vs 1d100: [6] = 6
JIC: 1d20: [5] = 5 , 1d100: [44] = 44
Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • Sense Ley Line: 89%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 99%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 150mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 97/97
  • I.S.P.:
  • Strike with Draining Blade: 1d20+15 Damage: 4d6 M.D. plus life drain or Blast with Lightning Arc: 1d20+4 Damage: 8d6+40 M.D.
    /94
  • P.P.E.: 937/656
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
Sustain | BOM 109 | 8 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.

Every time the target is hit, they must save vs magic or suffer a Life Drain, as per the 7th level spell. A failed save means the victim loses half his hit points and S.D.C., plus speed is reduced by half, the character loses one melee attack, and suffers -10% on skill performance. This attack will affect targets in body armor or power armor, but not anything bigger. M.D. creatures only suffer the 4D6 M.D. The weakness will last for 10 melee rounds, after which the victim begins to regain their hit points and S.D.C. as is normal for their healing ability.

Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 25 PPE| 383.25 min | 50 mph, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge +2 Damage diving

Empathy | RUE 172 | 6 ISP | 100' Area | 4.75 minutes

Fleet Feet | PF2 186 | 20 ppe | 9.75 minutes | Double PP, Spd, APM, -2 Init, -20% on skills that require a delicate touch

Infrared Vision | MA 9 | 2 PPE | 23.25 min | 2000' |See through 4" S.D.C. .5" light M.D.C. material. 1" dirt. 1' water or heavy M.D.C.

Invisibility to Sensors | MA 15 | 20 PPE | 23.25 min

Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 43.25 min | 240 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy

Invulnerability | BOM 116 | 4.75 min | Impervious to Cold, Fire, Energy, Disease, Poisons, Toxins, Gases, and Drugs. 50 M.D.C. force field. +10 vs Magic, Psionics, HF

Ley Line Storm Defense | 90 PPE | BOM 142 | 200' Diameter | 73.25 min

Lightning Arc | 30 PPE | BOM 122 | 4000' | 4.75 min | 8d6+40 M.D. | +4 to strike within 100', +1 to strike otherwise

Mystic Invisibility | MA 17 | 25 PPE | 23.25 min

Nightvision | MA 9 | 4 PPE | 41.25 min | 3600' in non magical darkness

Mystic Portal | BOM 135 | 20 PPE | 80' | 10' X 20' door | 4.25 min

See the Invisible | BOM 92 | 4 PPE | 3.25 min | 1200'

Telepathy | RUE 177 | 4 ISP | 4.75 min | Surface Thoughts 60' Two-Way Telepathic Communication 500'

Sense Evil | BOM 92 | 2 PPE | 23.25 min | 270' radius

World Bizarre | BOM 92 | 40 PPE | 4.75 min | 800' | 800' radius | See description



With the NEMAns running away from them, Grant wishes them well hoping that his illusions haven't permanently mentally harmed them. Let there be nothing else for you to have to fight today. Let there be sufficient food for you to have a full belly, and a warm, comfortable place to sleep.
Sir Ronith wrote: With a nod to Grant, Ronith dispels his psi-sword and disappears, running as fast as he can towards the APC, while still remaining as quiet (and hidden) as he can. ”See what you can do with them Barracuda. I am sending Grant to assist.” With another nod to Grant, he adds (unless Carver has given the all clear) ”I need to check on Carver and the others. Stay alert- we are not out of this yet.”
Seeing the knight dispel his psychic sword, Grant lowers his own weapon. He follows Sir Ronith in the air providing over watch. When Sir Ronith gives the order to support Barracuda, he responds over the radio, "I am on my way." He flies over to the church using his enhanced senses to see what may be hidden from normal sight. He focuses his ability to sense supernatural evil on the church, tell Barracuda (and Ashlynn and Keiko) what he senses before he tries to open the door. To Keiko, he says, "Keiko I am glad you are unharmed, but shouldn't you be with the escapees?" I can't be at two places at once...at least I haven't figured out how to magically do it yet. Perhaps it could be accomplished with temporal magic, I must consult with Keiko when this is over.

He waits his boosted reflexes making him twitching outside the church. Waiting for Keiko to open the door and Barracuda to coax those inside out, he takes the moment to reflect on his magic The Fleet Feet spell's effective can't be denied, but it's impact on my perception of magic is almost intolerable. He thinks through the words of power used to cast the spell. Perhaps I can modify it to enhance my natural physical prowess without the negative effects.

[occ]Starting the long term project of creating a modified version of the spell, which doubles PP and Spd, but does not double actions or have a penalty to skills or initiative. My thought is that it might drop to level 5 and perhaps a small reduced PPE cost in exchange.[/occ]
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record
Info
M.D.C.: 97/[color=#FF00000]97[/color] • P.P.E.: 656/656 • I.S.P.: 94/94 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 89% | 100mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 99% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 1500mi • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Ashlynn
Posts: 265
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Torment

Post by Ashlynn »

Perception: 79% /84% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100: [42] = 42

JIC: 1d20: [5] = 5
JIC: 1d100: [83] = 83

Conditions:
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 13.5 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fighting Spirit: +2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 8 Minutes
Ashlynn ensures the refugees exit the crumbling structure through Daisuke's portal, and finds herself with them at a church. She takes a moment to get her bearings, and looks for carver's position. She can't help, as she scans the landscape, to try to look for Jack.
Barracuda wrote:"Barracuda here. I've got movement in the church. Moving to investigate."
Ashlynn is torn. Someone needs to defend these people, get them to safety. But letting Barracuda investigate the church alone is troubling too. Daisuke can move them rapidly to a more protected position... 'Cuda's facing god-knows-what. Her energy shield still active, moves to Barracuda's side. "Daisuke, another portal to get them to Carver, if you can. Set up your portal on the sheltered side of the church, away from the fighting." As she decides, Keiko arrives through the portal and moves toward the church. With that, she joins Barracuda and Keiko.
Keiko wrote:"Well you at least look normal so i will leave first contact to you. Careful there are kids in here."
She smiles at her new friend, despite her concern and fear for Jack and the desperate situation they're all in. "We may pass for whatever they consider 'normal' - but you're the cute one." She grins and winks.

She turns to Barracuda. Hey there! Let's go make some new friends!"

When Barracuda enters, whether it's by blasting the door open or through Keiko's efforts, Ashlynn enters with him.
Barracuda wrote:"Come with me for your ticket out of here!"
Ashlynn beams at the people inside. "Hi! We're heroes, I promise. The fighting's gettin' awful close, and we're here to get you to safety. My name's Ashlynn, and this is Barracuda."

Charm/Impress: 50% 1d100: [44] = 44 (success)
Invoke Trust: 40% 1d100: [46] = 46 (fail)

Eyeball a Fella : 80% 1d100: [47] = 47 (spot the leader - success)

She will assist in moving the group, if they are amenable, to safety through Daisuke's portal. If they are targetted, she will attempt to protect them, using her indestructible energy shield as a barrier.


Combat rolls if necessary
Initiative: 1d20+13: [17]+13 = 30
APM: 10

Actions 1-10: assist in saving parishioners/ dodges if necessary

Autododges: 1) 1d20+5: [7]+5 = 12 ; 2) 1d20+5: [2]+5 = 7 ; 3) 1d20+5: [16]+5 = 21 ; 4) 1d20+5: [13]+5 = 18 ; 5) 1d20+5: [8]+5 = 13 ; 6) 1d20+5: [14]+5 = 19 ; 7) 1d20+5: [13]+5 = 18 ; 8) 1d20+5: [5]+5 = 10 ; 9) 1d20+5: [12]+5 = 17 ; 10) 1d20+5: [16]+5 = 21

Parries with energy shield: 1) 1d20+16: [4]+16 = 20 ; 2) 1d20+16: [3]+16 = 19 ; 3) 1d20+16: [15]+16 = 31 ; 4) 1d20+16: [2]+16 = 18 ; 5) 1d20+16: [6]+16 = 22 ; 6) 1d20+16: [2]+16 = 18 ; 7) 1d20+16: [5]+16 = 21 ; 8) 1d20+16: [2]+16 = 18 ; 9) 1d20+16: [1]+16 = 17 ; 10) 1d20+16: [8]+16 = 24
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 45/45
S.D.C.: 31/68


TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 45/45
  • Arms: 40/40 each
  • Legs: 45/45 each
  • Main Body: 100/100

Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, and +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
Features:
  • All Features of Triax EBA
  • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
  • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
  • Infrared & thermal masking


N-F20A Medium Force Field (integrated into FreeRunner Exoskeleton)
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 75

Features:
  • 10 hour duration per E-clip
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
Posts: 369
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Torment

Post by Virtus »

Conditions
Time: Day 8, 9:36am (dim light, equivalent to twilight)
Temperature: 27F
Visibility: 1000ft (haze)
Wind: 5mph out of the Northwest
Snow: 24"
Radio Traffic: heavy interference, light traffic.
Magic Use: Magic within 500ft. nexus rules in effect. Supernatural evil is detectable within 500ft and all will sense it within the scope of time.
Nexus Present within 1 mile
Open Rifts within 1 mile
Grant, Ashlynn, Barracuda and Keiko find a pastor who has been sheltering 15 people, mostly children that seem to have some infection that has turned some of their number into zombies. The pastor has two dozen units of holy water which has kept anyone else from turning so far. The pastor's name is AJ and is cheered by Ash's disposition. She does seem to think that the group of 6 adults and 9 children are looking to him for leadership. 3 of the adults cannot walk on their own now.

Ronith and Weiss find the train and the sight of a battle. Some NEMA troops are positioned a half mile to the south according to Blue's sensors.

They catch up to Carver and the rest a couple miles away on highway 11. Washington only was interested in acquiring more soldiers. She wanted to take some people with the PPE saturation but the rest she intended to turn away out of a resources scarcity. Didn't want to let the military resources leave. Became a skirmish. Now fleeing to the east. No definitive plan, just getting out of Carbondale.
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
Posts: 590
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Torment

Post by Ronith »

JIC: 1d20: [18] = 18 , 1d100: [22] = 22
PER: 1d100: [61] = 61 vs. 94% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)
Conditions:
7m45s, +1 APM, +2 PP [+1 s/p/d], +3 initiative, +1 strike, +2 parry/dodge, +15% on physical skills that rely on coordination or balance.
,
Applies to anyone who directs an attack at Ronith: +2 strike and parry, +1 dodge. Opponents lose all machine-provided bonuses, -1 APM, -4 strike Ronith, -2 to dodge Ronith’s attacks.
,
RPA Pilots: Inexperienced operators (levels 1-3) cannot use sensors at all, lose two attacks every time they try to figure out what’s going on. Experienced operators lose one attack and have a -40% penalty.


Land Navigation- 1d100: [60] = 60 vs. 102%
To identify a suitable resting site for the convoy, if one is not visible in the immediate vicinity.

As Ronith and Weiss catch up to Carver and the rest of the convoy, the cyber-knight signals the UAR-1 ”At least they are alive. Set a modest perimeter, and keep an eye on the remaining NEMAn contacts. It does not look like they intend to pursue farther, so we need to take the opportunity to regroup. I shall investigate what happened.” Once he’s rejoined the convoy, Ronith’s top priority will be to find Carver, but should he happen across any of the mercenaries he detailed to protect the convoy (or collegiate mages) he will stop and ask them for a quick status report as well. Upon finding the colonel, Ronith will get right to it. ”It seems things did not go as planned. What happened?”

Once Carver has finished updating him on the situation, Ronith nods and largely repeats his orders to Weiss. ”We took one casualty as well, but it appears that the NEMANs do not intend to pursue us. We need to regroup, lick our wounds, and plan our next move. Park the convoy somewhere relatively safe- my team found additional survivors on top of those we rescued from your, ah, former colleagues and they will need time to catch up.” If they can spot anything relatively secluded (trees, hills, or anywhere else where the convoy is a little less likely to be seen from a casual inspection), or if Ronith can use his knowledge of the area to identify a suitable resting spot for the convoy, he will direct them there. After Barracuda and the others check-in from the church, Ronith will issue new orders. First, to Weiss, he says ”Stay here and set a perimeter. I think it unlikely, but the NEMANs may still try something. I am going to go back and try to help the others.” As he hops back on his hovercycle and makes for Barracuda’s position at best possible (safe) speed Ronith replies, ”See if there is anything you can do. I am on my way, perhaps Frostfang can help purge this sickness.” If not, are you truly prepared to execute the children before they turn? It must be stopped from spreading, yes? Ronith shudders at the thought. No. There must be a way. Back in the future if necessary. I cannot stop the Cataclysm, but I can try to reclaim as many lives as possible from its maw. Once he gets to the church, Ronith will try and see if Frostfang’s healing touch will help with the zombie plague. If not, Ronith will look for some way to bind or otherwise restrain the zombies, and take them back to the convoy to see if the collegiate mages can help. Only if they turn will Ronith do what is necessary, and behead any full zombies before using his plasma pistol to incinerate the corpses.

Once everyone is back at the convoy, Ronith will call a meeting of Heroes for Hire, as well as the senior members of the surviving mercenaries under his command, and Colonel Carver. For starters, he will ask Weiss, ”Has there been any change in the future?” Assuming Weiss affirms that there is not, Ronith will feel a little bit better about what he is about to propose. Perhaps this was fated to happen. Aloud, he says ”It seems that Carbondale shall not be the safe refuge we had hoped. The garrison is, by all accounts, under the command of a madwoman. She is abducting troops, experimenting on D-Bees, and will turn away any and all refugees. If they are lucky. As I see it, we have two options- lick our wounds and take everyone back to the future with us, or assault the base directly, and damn the consequences for the future. I admit, I am conflicted as to the best thing to do here, but if our link to the future suggests anything it is that our actions are not that impactful. That may be because we have taken care to avoid any impact. That may be because this was, in fact, predestined. At this point, all I can say is that I do not think I can leave this Major Washington free to continue her monstrous work. I realize that this is not what we are here for, and that we cannot save everyone, but by all accounts the NEMANs are dug in and not going anywhere. We may be the only ones who can stop this madness before it becomes one more true horror. Still, this is not an order. Those of you who wish to stay and guard the convoy should do so. The rest of you, we should discuss battle strategy. Long-range scouting of the Carbondale base, and likely an assault after dark as well.” Barring any objections or better ideas, that will be Ronith’s plan.
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent)
| BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
ISP- 83/91; PPE- 47/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
Frostfang Heals: 3/4. Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (2/3); Cleanse (3/3)
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 470
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Torment

Post by Grant Latham »

New Perception: 78% vs 1d100: [54] = 54
JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9 , 1d100: [77] = 77
Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • Sense Ley Line: 89%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 99%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 150mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 97/97
  • I.S.P.:
  • Strike with Draining Blade: 1d20+15 Damage: 4d6 M.D. plus life drain or Blast with Lightning Arc: 1d20+4 Damage: 8d6+40 M.D.
    /94
  • P.P.E.: 937/656
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
Sustain | BOM 109 | 8 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.

Every time the target is hit, they must save vs magic or suffer a Life Drain, as per the 7th level spell. A failed save means the victim loses half his hit points and S.D.C., plus speed is reduced by half, the character loses one melee attack, and suffers -10% on skill performance. This attack will affect targets in body armor or power armor, but not anything bigger. M.D. creatures only suffer the 4D6 M.D. The weakness will last for 10 melee rounds, after which the victim begins to regain their hit points and S.D.C. as is normal for their healing ability.

Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 25 PPE| 383.25 min | 50 mph, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge +2 Damage diving

Infrared Vision | MA 9 | 2 PPE | 8.25 min | 2000' |See through 4" S.D.C. .5" light M.D.C. material. 1" dirt. 1' water or heavy M.D.C.

Invisibility to Sensors | MA 15 | 20 PPE | 8.25 min

Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 28.25 min | 250 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy

Ley Line Storm Defense | 90 PPE | BOM 142 | 200' Diameter | 58.25 min

Mystic Invisibility | MA 17 | 25 PPE | 8.25 min

Nightvision | MA 9 | 4 PPE | 26.25 min | 3600' in non magical darkness

See the Invisible | BOM 92 | 4 PPE | 3.25 min | 1200'

Sense Evil | BOM 92 | 2 PPE | 8.25 min | 270' radius


Grant listens, but initially lets Barracuda and Ashlynn speak to the pastor. He watches all of them carefully, looking at them in the magical spectrum and checking them for any sense of supernatural evil to ensure they are what they seem to be. When the priest mentions that the people are infected with something that had turned others into zombies, the mage searches his memory for what could have caused this. Zombies are typically created via a ritual, using an already dead body, people don't just become zombies. Perhaps that is more like vampirism, where someone was bit and then some sort of supernatural transformation has occurred.

Magical diseases from the dark ages
History: Post Apocalypse - 91% vs 1d100: [57] = 57
Lore: Demons & Monsters - 134% vs 1d100: [29] = 29
Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic - 129% vs 1d100: [44] = 44
Lore: Magic General/Enchantment - 129%/119% vs 1d100: [25] = 25
Trust 60% vs 1d100: [87] = 87 | Talk to Pastor
Interrogation 99% vs 1d100: [77] = 77 | Steer the conversation about the zombies

Not finding anything immediately wrong with the people, he says, "Pastor, how about you get your people to travel." When the pastor moves off, he says quietly to Barracuda and Ashlynn, "Necromancy of any sort isn't my expertise, but my understanding is that a zombie is relatively docile if not ordered to guard or attack. But the important part is that they are a 'made' thing, not some sort of infection. This may be something else entirely. If holy water is an anodyne, then we need to see about procuring more."

When the pastor comes back, Grant asks, "What do you need to make more holy water? If this really is some sort of supernatural disease, having as much on hand as possible will be critical. I know this is hard thing to talk about, but information is vital. Can you tell me more about how these zombies?"

Questions
  • What were the signs of infection?
    How quickly did the infection seem to spread?
    Did a person die, then become a zombie? If yes, how long after they died did it take for the zombie to rise?
    How did the zombie behave?/What do these zombies look like?
    How did you decide that they were a zombie instead of some other sort of creature?
    Were you able to kill the zombies?
    Where are all the remaining zombies now?
    Were you able to use the holy water to cure someone who was infected but not yet a zombie?
    Have all 16 of you taken the holy water as a preventative measure?
    How long has it been since you administered the holy water?
    Was the holy water able to save someone who was already infected?
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record
Info
M.D.C.: 97/[color=#FF00000]97[/color] • P.P.E.: 656/656 • I.S.P.: 94/94 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 89% | 100mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 99% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 1500mi • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 264
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Torment

Post by Weiss »

Perception 1d100<56: [20*] = 1
jic 1d100: [87] = 87 1d20: [13] = 13
Ronith wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:29 am As Ronith and Weiss catch up to Carver and the rest of the convoy, the cyber-knight signals the UAR-1 ”At least they are alive. Set a modest perimeter, and keep an eye on the remaining NEMAn contacts. It does not look like they intend to pursue farther, so we need to take the opportunity to regroup. I shall investigate what happened.”
Looks like most people got out alright, though I imagine right now they are angry and scared because the people they thought would save them are being as much of a danger to them as the demons aand other things coming through the Rifts.

"Understood," Weiss responds, firmly planting the Beauty in a sentry position between the convoy and the direction they had just fled from. Opening up the sensors, he keeps watch for any approaching forces. if there are any nearby blind spots, he asks a few mercs to check the area to make sure.

Sensory Equipment 1d100<74: [65*] = 1

As the convoy moves to a more defensible location, he maintains watch for any activity.
Ronith wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:29 am First, to Weiss, he says ”Stay here and set a perimeter. I think it unlikely, but the NEMANs may still try something. I am going to go back and try to help the others.”
"If a heavy assault takes place, we'll do our best to conduct a rolling retreat back to you. If they have a lot of firepower, not going to hold them off for long.

He looks around and makes a few suggestions to make the location more defensible.

Military Fortifications 1d100<44%: [69] = 0

He addresses the mages first.
"If any of you have the spell and the power, I'd appreciate it if somebody could fix the Beauty up a bit. Took a few hits against some NEMAN tanks and could do with a patchup please."

then addresses the mercs
"Anybody with gunnery skills not currently operating one of the main guns on the APCs or the power armour, get onboard. We need to maximise the Beauty's firepower. Everybody else don't get comfortable. Likely to move out shortly and want to be able to do that at short notice.
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
Posts: 369
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Torment

Post by Virtus »

The Cyber-Knight uses Frost Fang's healing abilities on the survivors in the church. It does mend many of their wounds and weariness, but Grant can still see a magic upon them. He suspects it will take Remove Curse or possible Restoration to really solve this situation, though AJ's holy water seems to be holding the effects at bay for the meantime.

Grant asks the Pastor to get his people ready for travel, which he does immediately. Grant asks more questions as they travel. AJ does say that he only met these people 4 days ago as they came into Carbondale. He had ignored the martial law order from Major Washington as even at that point there was odd behaviour from the troops and then of course the renegades which gave him pause. They had fled from St Louis and came upon what they described as a demon, which killed many of them. The survivors began to get sick the next day. They left St Louis with around 50 others. 15 are left now. He also mentions the holy water is just part of their liturgical supply. They typically use a pure source of water, draw from an artesian spring near here, but certainly not necessary. "The snow would work, we strive to make sure it's pure and untouched when we bless it and handle it in vessels used explicitly for such. I make a gallon at a time as that's more than we ever use, or have up until this point.
What were the signs of infection? High fever, grey eyes, dilated pupils.
How quickly did the infection seem to spread? I can only go by what they said, but previous to their arrival here it seems it was transferred by bodily fluids. After the others turned, they attacked them and all were contaminated by blood in the fight.
Did a person die, then become a zombie? If yes, how long after they died did it take for the zombie to rise? They seemed to succumb to the illness and then come back to life, almost as if rabid but without pulse,.
How did the zombie behave?/What do these zombies look like? Ravenous and animalistic. Looked normal initially but many were given severe wounds that made them ghastly to behold, so they said.
How did you decide that they were a zombie instead of some other sort of creature? It was the closest thing they can describe. Common wounds have no effect and require head wounds to actually stop.
Were you able to kill the zombies? Some. Others they outran.
Where are all the remaining zombies now? Somewhere between here and St Louis.
Were you able to use the holy water to cure someone who was infected but not yet a zombie? Not cure, but it seems that it helps them feel better and their fevers have been low grade.
Have all 16 of you taken the holy water as a preventative measure? Yes.
How long has it been since you administered the holy water? This morning.
Was the holy water able to save someone who was already infected? Yes, they all are infect as far as I can tell. It's been four days since they've arrived.
Ronith finds Ravenhill and Carver speaking near the middle of the column. He asks about what happened. Carver sums up that Washington's soliders wanted the soliders but wasn't interested in the additional mouths to feed and house. "I was fine with that and wanted to leave, but the troops weren't going to allow us to leave with them, though they seemed interested in taking some of the irradiated folk... those with the glowing eyes but I doubt for good purposes. Apparently the woman from the NIH is working in tandem with Washington and using emergency powers to overrule me. We had parting of the ways, but had to use force."

Ravenhill nods. "They didn't expect them to have additional backup it seems or they were otherwise split between us and your team, Sir Ronith." she says, using his title without thought.

Weiss makes a call for repair and a crewman. He sweeps his sensors, watching the horizon where their enemies are but nothing comes yet.If no one from H4H answers his call, one of the soldiers from the Bridge, in fact one of those who were manning the missile rig is pointed out as likely having the skills Weiss is looking for, if he trusts him.
User avatar
Ashlynn
Posts: 265
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Torment

Post by Ashlynn »

Perception: 79% /84% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100: [36] = 36

JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17
JIC: 1d100: [92] = 92

Conditions:
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 13.5 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
When Ash and Barracuda enter the church, and hear of the people's plight, she radios Ronith and the others to let them know.

"Hey, uh, Sir Ronith? This is Ash. Uh... Sgt. Wilson. Sgt. Ash Wilson. We got a small building full o' people, and they seem like they got some kinda zombification sickness? Pastor's been treating them with holy water, an' it's keeping it at bay it looks like, but they sure could use some help."
Ronith wrote:”See if there is anything you can do. I am on my way, perhaps Frostfang can help purge this sickness.”
"Roger that, boss. uh... sir."

Being a Sergeant is HARD.
Grant wrote:"Necromancy of any sort isn't my expertise, but my understanding is that a zombie is relatively docile if not ordered to guard or attack. But the important part is that they are a 'made' thing, not some sort of infection. This may be something else entirely. If holy water is an anodyne, then we need to see about procuring more."
Neck... romance?

"Ew."

As Grant looks at the bigger problem, Ashlynn will triage the people for injuries she can treat.

First Aid 95% 1d100: [33] = 33 (SUCCESS)
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 45/45
S.D.C.: 31/68


TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 45/45
  • Arms: 40/40 each
  • Legs: 45/45 each
  • Main Body: 100/100

Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, and +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
Features:
  • All Features of Triax EBA
  • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
  • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
  • Infrared & thermal masking


N-F20A Medium Force Field (integrated into FreeRunner Exoskeleton)
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 75

Features:
  • 10 hour duration per E-clip
User avatar
Keiko
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

Re: Torment

Post by Keiko »

Perception: 1d100: [43] = 43 /40%
JIC: 1d20: [5] = 5 ; 1d100: [45] = 45

Active Effects
  • Dimensional Attenuation: 150 Miles
  • Excellent hearing and smell
  • Sixth Sense
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fighting Spirit: +2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 6 Minutes
  • Energy Sphere | 120 PPE | BOM 120 | 38 days | 234 P.P.E./500 M.D.C.
  • AOI from Armor | MDC: 32/50
Keiko listens to the conversation from outside. Zombies...Not a good thing. Never heard of it spreading like what is being described. Not much I can do. It maybe better to put them down so they are not a threat to anyone else. Although I have a feeling that the others may not be ok with that.

Keiko stops Ronith for a moment before he heads into the church, "Ronith do you have a second? I know I'm just a tagalong but I think it might be for the best, if we can't do anything for the kids, to put them down. I don't think the others would be ok with me saying this, but I wanted to bring it to you. I want to give them a chance but if that's not possible then I can do what needs to be done. Just let me know." Keiko regards him seriously. This is the first time she has not had a smile on her face.

Keiko will follow Ronith into the church and stand near when he uses the sword to heal. Incredible. What a wonderful weapon. I bet it wouldn't like me. Keiko has her trademark smile back on her face when she spots Ash, "Hey Ash. How are the kids doing?"
Keiko

P.P.E.: 110/110
I.S.P.: 35/35
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 86/86
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
Helmet - 40/40
Left Arm 20/20
Right Arm 20/20
Right Leg 30/30
Left Leg 30/30
Main Body - 60/60
Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 382
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Torment

Post by Barracuda »

Perception: 1d100: [3] = 3 /43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20: [3] = 3 / 1d100: [70] = 70
Pastor AJ's explanation of the current situation catches the sea prince off guard. More zombies? This is truly the end times. We have to focus on getting ourselves the hell out of here. "Alright, Padre. Get your folks together and ready for travel. We're riding out of here in 15. We have a group of folks capable of defending ourselves against this mayhem and we're going to get you all to someplace safe."
Ronith wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:29 am”See if there is anything you can do. I am on my way, perhaps Frostfang can help purge this sickness.”
"Got it. I've got them preparing for transport. Here's hoping your magic sword can do something cause I'm all out of ideas over here."

Barracuda looks around at the gathered refugees, some turning into zombies and thinks I don't have any experience in helping folks like this. I'm usually preventing them from getting crushed by a giant robot or Captain Fighterman and the like. This is... out of my wheelhouse. Something to think about when we get back home.
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
Ledger
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
Posts: 590
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Torment

Post by Ronith »

JIC: 1d20: [5] = 5 , 1d100: [4] = 4
PER: 1d100: [72] = 72 vs. 94% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)
Conditions:
7m45s, +1 APM, +2 PP [+1 s/p/d], +3 initiative, +1 strike, +2 parry/dodge, +15% on physical skills that rely on coordination or balance.
,
Applies to anyone who directs an attack at Ronith: +2 strike and parry, +1 dodge. Opponents lose all machine-provided bonuses, -1 APM, -4 strike Ronith, -2 to dodge Ronith’s attacks.
,
RPA Pilots: Inexperienced operators (levels 1-3) cannot use sensors at all, lose two attacks every time they try to figure out what’s going on. Experienced operators lose one attack and have a -40% penalty.


Ronith listens to Carver’s and Ravenhill’s descriptions of what transpired. So. Carbondale was no safe haven after all. This Washington sounds like a madwoman. She must be stopped. But these people must also be helped. Turning to Carver, Ronith says ”Colonel, this is your country, not mine, and I respect your authority here. If you have another haven that you believe it will be possible for these people to reach, we can take you there. But this Washington woman sounds like she is perverting the law, abusing her power, and inflicting atrocities upon the innocent. If she were removed, do you think the soldiers in the garrison would respect your authority and transfer command to you?” Either way, Ronith will have a brief discussion before the signals from Ash and Barracuda come in. ”Acknowledged, Ash. I am on my way.” To the others, he adds ”We can finish this discussion later. In the meantime, I have asked Weiss to secure your perimeter. If you would be so kind, set up a separate and isolated camp for the new arrivals. Some of them have a disease of some sort, and until we know how contagious it is it would be best if we maintain some distance.” After settling any other immediately pending details, Ronith rides off to the others, but stops to confer with Keiko before he actually enters the church.
Keiko wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:41 am"Ronith do you have a second? I know I'm just a tagalong but I think it might be for the best, if we can't do anything for the kids, to put them down. I don't think the others would be ok with me saying this, but I wanted to bring it to you. I want to give them a chance but if that's not possible then I can do what needs to be done. Just let me know."
While it’s hard to see under Ronith’s helmet, the cyber-knight smiles wanly at this newest member of the team. She thinks I do not want to get my hands dirty. Perhaps we can persuade her to remain with us after we return to the present. Odin knows we need someone to replace Jack. Aloud, he says ”You have my thanks, Keiko. But this is my responsibility, and I shall carry it out. Only after we have exhausted every other option shall I perform a mercy killing. The state of the world means that a quarantine is impossible. If we cannot cure them, then we shall take the only other option available to us. But not before Grant and the collegiate mages and I have had a chance to do our best.” He looks Keiko in the eyes. ”But I appreciate the offer. Keep an eye on them tonight. If they start to turn, or to infect others, you know what to do. We must try and save as many lives as possible.” I pray that we can cure them before it comes to that though.

Once inside, Ronith will do what he can with Frostfang but it quickly becomes clear that the affliction is beyond his meager healing abilities. He will help transport everyone back to the main convoy (and the separate camp from the others). Upon arrival, he will say ”Grant, consult with the collegiate mages and see if there is anything they can do for these people. We rest for now, and plan our next move with Carver and the others.”
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent)
| BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
ISP- 83/91; PPE- 47/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
Frostfang Heals: 3/4. Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (2/3); Cleanse (3/3)
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 470
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Torment

Post by Grant Latham »

New Perception: 78% vs 1d100: [78] = 78
JIC: 1d20: [8] = 8 , 1d100: [80] = 80
Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • Sense Ley Line: 89%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 99%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 150mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 97/97
  • I.S.P.:
  • Strike with Draining Blade: 1d20+15 Damage: 4d6 M.D. plus life drain or Blast with Lightning Arc: 1d20+4 Damage: 8d6+40 M.D.
    /94
  • P.P.E.: 937/656
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
Sustain | BOM 109 | 8 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.

Every time the target is hit, they must save vs magic or suffer a Life Drain, as per the 7th level spell. A failed save means the victim loses half his hit points and S.D.C., plus speed is reduced by half, the character loses one melee attack, and suffers -10% on skill performance. This attack will affect targets in body armor or power armor, but not anything bigger. M.D. creatures only suffer the 4D6 M.D. The weakness will last for 10 melee rounds, after which the victim begins to regain their hit points and S.D.C. as is normal for their healing ability.

Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 25 PPE| 383.25 min | 50 mph, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge +2 Damage diving

Infrared Vision | MA 9 | 2 PPE | 100 min | 2000' |See through 4" S.D.C. .5" light M.D.C. material. 1" dirt. 1' water or heavy M.D.C.

Invisibility to Sensors | MA 15 | 20 PPE | 40 min

Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 60 min | 250 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy

Ley Line Storm Defense | 90 PPE | BOM 142 | 200' Diameter | 100 min

Mystic Invisibility | MA 17 | 25 PPE | 100 min

Nightvision | MA 9 | 4 PPE | 120 min | 3600' in non magical darkness

See the Invisible | BOM 92 | 4 PPE | 20 min | 1200'

Sense Evil | BOM 92 | 2 PPE | 20 min | 270' radius



Grant shivers a bit as he hears the details of the zombie disease from the pastor. With the power of the surging ley lines, he renews his various protect spells, and adds a few extra cleanse spells to be sure. He hopes the self contained air supply of the Invincible Armor and the Sustain spell will be sufficient to keep him safe. The ability to cast restoration is beyond Grant's abilities, but he does know a few spells that may help. Hopefully the holy water is keeping them from being contagious and I must limit our contact with these people as much as possible.

"Please have the people come out one at a time," Grant says to the pastor. To each person, he says, "I need to do a quick examination before we move out." He casts
Purge Other
Range: One character by touch.
Duration : Instant.
Saving Throw: None if the treatment is wanted, but +8 to save if the
character (for whatever reason) refuses treatment.
P.P.E.: One Hundred
Purge Other works exactly the same as the 9th level Purge "Self' spell, except that the mage can perform the cleansing purge on another living being; human, D-Bee or animal. Does not work on creatures of magic such as dragons, Faerie Folk, unicorns, etc., or supernatural beings (demons, angels, Elementals, etc.).
Those who are unwilling, such as someone with a symbiote not interested in losing it, or a character under the control of a possessing entity, are allowed to save vs magic at +8 to save! If the recipient of the magic is willing, then the spell will automatically work. A successful "purge" cleanses the body of all toxins, drugs (including alcohol), disease, impurities, parasites or possessing forces, and the character feels fully rested, refreshed, and totally clean. Whatever physical damage, scarring, deformity or mutation that may have occurred while being ravaged by the foreign agents remain, although all symptoms, effects, penalties and potential future damage instantly stops and the cause is eliminated.

Purge Self
Range: Self.
Duration : Instant.
Saving Throw: None.
P.P.E.: Seventy
Purge Self is a powerful spell that enables the spell caster to remove all foreign substances from his body. The spell will instantly destroy any diseases (bacteria and viruses), and parasites (worms, etc.). Unless the character wishes to keep them, this spell will even magically purge - force out and off, but not kill - Bio-Wizard symbiotes and cybernetic implants (not bio-systems or partial or full bionic conversion). This is one of the only ways to remove Bio-Wizard parasites and symbiotes, which can not normally be removed except by a Bio-Wizard or Rune Master. The mage can even exorcize possessing forces (provided the creature does not have enough control over its host body to prevent the mage from performing a Self Purge).
Unfortunately, any physical damage, scarring, deformity, or mutation that may have occurred while being ravaged by the foreign agents up till the time they were purged remains. Of course, all symptoms, effects, penalties and potential future damage is instantly stopped and the cause/source is eliminated. It may be possible to cure, heal and repair (via plastic surgery, bionics, etc.) any lasting damage that might remain by other magical means or medical treatment. After the energy finishes cascading through the character's body, the mage will feel fully rested, refreshed, and totally clean.
(100 PPE each, can regain 80 ppe per minute currently) on each of them (including Ashlynn, Barrcuda, and himself). Once they are on the way, "I believe with my help, we can deal with the initial
Purification
Range: Touch or 3 feet (0.9 m).
Duration : Instant.
Saving Throw: None.
P.P.E. : Twenty
The mystic can purify food or water, cleansing it of disease, bacteria and poison/toxins. Up to 50 pounds (22 kg) of food or 10 gallons (38 Liters) of water/fluids can be purified.
of the water, but we need to look at increasing your supply of holy water as quickly as possible."


When they make it back to the camp, he reports to Sir Ronith and provides the details he's gathered to the team, using the radio to keep Weiss in the loop. He then locates the Collegiate mages and gives the details of this new group of refugees as well. He checks to see if any of them know how to cast Restoration and tasks them to attempt gather at least a couple of 55 gallon drums of water to be purified and then hopefully sanctified. With the supplies gathered, he goes back to the pastor and assists with creating more holy water.
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record
Info
M.D.C.: 97/[color=#FF00000]97[/color] • P.P.E.: 656/656 • I.S.P.: 94/94 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 89% | 100mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 99% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 1500mi • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
Post Reply

Return to “Heroes for Hire Adventure Forum”