Torment

The continuing adventures of an arrogant elf, and the masochists who join him on his fools errands.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Ashlynn
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 285
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Torment

Post by Ashlynn »

Perception: 47% 1d100: [15] = 15

JIC: 1d20: [3] = 3
JIC: 1d100: [9] = 9
Weiss wrote:"Yeah, and that's not a good thing. She's not a magic user. Something just went FUBAR and I think she's right in the middle of it."
"Oh man, that's not cool. You sure she's not a magic user? I'm no expert, but she looks like she's using magic pretty good..."
Weiss wrote:"We're going in hot. Anything gets in our way, hit them. Saving the missiles for something big, but feel free to open up on those fliers if they decide to for round 2."
"Roger that."

After a moment, he speaks up. "Ah, Railgun jammed! Might need to use those missiles after all. Lemme just see if I can cycle the weapon to clear the jam..."

Weapons Engineer--81% 1d100: [88] = 88 (try to clear the jam from the gunner's seat - FAIL)

All right... blue beauty's your name, right? I know we just met and all and it might seem a little forward for me to already be opening your panels and such but we're in a bit of a situation here and if you could just cooperate a little bit...

If Gunnar can clear the jam, he resumes alternating railgun and laser fire. otherwise, he will focus up on laser fire and leave the missiles to Weiss.


Initiative: 1d20+2: [11]+2 = 13

APM: 8
Action 1: Strike (railgun or laser) 1d20+2: [8]+2 = 10 ; Damage 1d6*10: [1]*10 = 10 (railgun) or 4d6: [5, 4, 5, 5] = 19 (laser) M.D.
Action 2: Dual Blast, Laser Turret 1d20+2: [20]+2 = 22 (Nat. 20!); Damage 4d6: [2, 2, 4, 6] = 14 X 2 = 28 M.D.
Action 3: Strike (railgun or laser) 1d20+2: [3]+2 = 5 ; Damage 1d6*10: [3]*10 = 30 (railgun) or 4d6: [2, 3, 3, 4] = 12 (laser) M.D.
Action 4: Dual Blast, Laser Turret 1d20+2: [15]+2 = 17 ; Damage 4d6: [1, 3, 5, 3] = 12 M.D.
Action 5: Strike (railgun or laser) 1d20+2: [16]+2 = 18 ; Damage 1d6*10: [4]*10 = 40 (railgun) or 4d6: [5, 3, 2, 1] = 11 (laser) M.D.
Action 6: Dual Blast, Laser Turret 1d20+2: [13]+2 = 15 ; Damage 4d6: [2, 1, 2, 5] = 10 M.D.
Action 7: Strike (railgun or laser) 1d20+2: [7]+2 = 9 ; Damage 1d6*10: [3]*10 = 30 (railgun) or 4d6: [2, 6, 2, 3] = 13 (laser) M.D.
Action 8: Dual Blast, Laser Turret 1d20+2: [3]+2 = 5 ; Damage 4d6: [6, 5, 5, 6] = 22 M.D.
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 276
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Torment

Post by Weiss »

Perception 1d100<56: [36*] = 1
jic 1d100: [98] = 98 1d20: [20] = 20
Ashlynn wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:41 am "Oh man, that's not cool. You sure she's not a magic user? I'm no expert, but she looks like she's using magic pretty good..."
"That's a pretty good warning sign right there that everything has gone FUBAR."
Ashlynn wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:41 am After a moment, he speaks up. "Ah, Railgun jammed! Might need to use those missiles after all. Lemme just see if I can cycle the weapon to clear the jam..."

"Damn it Weiss hits a few buttons, not wanting to lose their main weapon, but at the same time, needing to keep momentum. They were taking some punishment though Keep it together though

"Use the flamethrower if we can't get the Railgun unjammed. Going in hard." he tells Gunner

Need to break their lines and quick. Time for missile strikes. as Weiss launches the biggest missile he has to break the Kydians and race towards Ashlynn. Not losing you if I can help it.

APM 9
initiative 1d20+3: [10]+3 = 13
Action 1 Unjam railgun Weapon Systems 84% 1d100: [32] = 32
Action 2 drop the multi warhead on the Kydians with an EP critical - 2d6*20: [5, 4]*20 = 180 120ft blast radius so should catch them all
Action 3 -9 Mix of race forward and if need be use the flamethrower to fire a few area effect bursts. Not looking to kill anything, but discourage anything getting close

Dodge
1d20+11: [13]+11 = 24 1d20+11: [18]+11 = 29 1d20+11: [15]+11 = 26 1d20+11: [13]+11 = 24 1d20+11: [4]+11 = 15 1d20+11: [12]+11 = 23
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Keiko
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

Re: Torment

Post by Keiko »

Perception: 1d100: [52] = 52 /40%
JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4 ; 1d100: [2] = 2
Active Effects
  • Dimensional Attenuation: 150 Miles
  • Excellent hearing and smell
  • Sixth Sense
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Energy Sphere | 120 PPE | BOM 120 | 38 days | 84 P.P.E./500 M.D.C.
  • Fighting Spirit: +2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 8 Minutes
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 60 min | 250 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy
  • See the invisible; 240 feet; Duration 5 minutes

Keiko smiles to herself as her bow shots find their marks. Hehehe. I still got it. Thank you for this wonderful gift Devon. Keiko refocuses her efforts on those enemies near herself and Barracuda. However she does tilt her head when she hears him declare himself the Prince of Atlantis. Prince of Atlantis, huh. We'll have to talk about that later. Some how I doubt that very much. Keiko will activate telepathy to Barracuda, "I got your back. Prince of Atlantis." Keiko uses his self declared name in a teasing voice. Almost as if she is holding back laughter. If Barracuda looks at her she will wink at him.

Combat:

Personal PPE: 88/118
Energy Sphere PPE: 84
ISP: 35/43

APM: 8
Init: 1d20+8: [6]+8 = 14
Invincible Armor: 102/250
Invincible Armor Regen Roll: 1d6: [3] = 3
AOI: 50/50
Tesla Effect
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Action 1: Tesla Bow Strike Target Near Barracuda: 1d20+13: [18]+13 = 31 CRIT; Damage: 4d6: [5, 5, 5, 2] = 17 x2 = 34 MD + Tesla Effect.
Action 2: Tesla Bow Strike Target Near Barracuda: 1d20+13: [16]+13 = 29 ; Damage: 4d6: [5, 5, 2, 2] = 14 + Tesla Effect.
Action 3: Tesla Bow Strike Target Near Barracuda: 1d20+13: [3]+13 = 16 ; Damage: 4d6: [1, 4, 4, 3] = 12 + Tesla Effect.
Action 4: Tesla Bow Strike Target Near Barracuda: 1d20+13: [6]+13 = 19 ; Damage: 4d6: [3, 6, 1, 6] = 16 + Tesla Effect.
Action 5: Tesla Bow Strike Target Near Barracuda: 1d20+13: [14]+13 = 27 ; Damage: 4d6: [2, 4, 6, 2] = 14 + Tesla Effect.
Action 6: Tesla Bow Strike Target Near Barracuda: 1d20+13: [17]+13 = 30 ; Damage: 4d6: [4, 5, 2, 3] = 14 + Tesla Effect.
Action 7: Tesla Bow Strike Target Near Barracuda: 1d20+13: [3]+13 = 16 ; Damage: 4d6: [3, 5, 6, 4] = 18 + Tesla Effect.
Action 8: Tesla Bow Strike Target Near Barracuda: 1d20+13: [4]+13 = 17 ; Damage: 4d6: [1, 4, 2, 4] = 11 + Tesla Effect.

Auto-Dodge: 1d20+10: [17]+10 = 27 ; 1d20+10: [17]+10 = 27 ; 1d20+10: [9]+10 = 19 ; 1d20+10: [3]+10 = 13 ; 1d20+10: [12]+10 = 22 ; 1d20+10: [5]+10 = 15 ; 1d20+10: [11]+10 = 21 ; 1d20+10: [10]+10 = 20

Auto-Parry: 1d20+11: [9]+11 = 20 ; 1d20+11: [14]+11 = 25 ; 1d20+11: [14]+11 = 25 ; 1d20+11: [15]+11 = 26 ; 1d20+11: [7]+11 = 18 ; 1d20+11: [2]+11 = 13 ; 1d20+11: [8]+11 = 19 ; 1d20+11: [8]+11 = 19

Keiko will continue to support Barracuda as she is able to. If all targets near her are eliminated Keiko will focus on supporting the other members of the team.

Contingencies:
- If IA and AOI go down Keiko will sacrifice an action to dive behind cover if a ranged attack or parry the attacks if a melee weapon.
Keiko

P.P.E.: 110/110
I.S.P.: 35/35
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 86/86
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
Helmet - 40/40
Left Arm 20/20
Right Arm 20/20
Right Leg 30/30
Left Leg 30/30
Main Body - 60/60
Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
Posts: 383
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Torment

Post by Virtus »

Conditions
Time: Day 12, 6:32am (pre-dawn, no moon visible)
Temperature: -10 F
Visibility: 1000ft (haze)
Wind: 25mph out of the Northwest
Snow: 28"
Radio Traffic: heavy interference, heavy traffic.
Magic Use: Anti Magic Cloud present. nexus rules in effect. Supernatural evil is detectable within 500ft and all will sense it within the scope of time.
Several Nexus Present within 5 miles and a super nexus. Ley Line storm present (assume Grant will use his magic to suppress)
Open Rifts within 1 mile
Grant, now outside the cloud, bolsters his capabilities with magic. He flies up above the battle and all below is carnage. Looking for weapons or other equipment, he sees all he could want. Energy rifles, hovertanks, power armor, robots. All have damage, but some don't look completely out of commission but perhaps it is just their pilots that are inoperable. From his vantage point, he can also see some forms in the far distance where the nexus is. They too have emerged from the cloud. Perhaps more Kydians, but one form looks different than the rest. Grant surmises that's the one overseeing this battle.

Barracuda runs towards the Kydians and activates his armor of Ithan but, to his chagrin, discovers that the cloud they are in must be muting magic. However, the Kydians who have been firing on his advancing form are slack jawed for a moments when their energy weapons no longer function. Fortunately his natural powers seem to be unaffected by the cloud. Their surprise gives him a free shot. They recover quickly, pulling knives. The knives look magical, but in the cloud, their affects may also be muted. With the diminished numbers, the overlords turn on Barracuda and begin to surround him. He can see they're trying to disarm him, but holds fast to King Tide and takes the opportunity to drive its tines through the giant's rib.

Ronith charges down and plows through Kydians. They fire on the Cyber-Knight with energy weapons, as their many magic armaments are subdued with the anti-magic cloud. His superhuman effect on technology makes their efforts difficult. He dodges through trees on the river bank. Ronith cuts two down as he makes the frozen river. He nears Ashlynn. The frozen plain ahead of him has an eerie appearance amid the grey fog. He tries to pull energy from the ley line, but it's practically subdued in this area.

Gunnar tries to clear the jam in the railgun, cycling the feed, but is unsuccessful, falling back to the lasers. Weiss steps in an clears the jam himself. Making an executive decision, he uncorks the missiles. They streak high overhead and then back down. Even those on the roof can see the massive explosion.

Image

Indeed, it takes out almost a whole unit of overlords. Blue's towering frame is menacing through the cloud. It is a target of fire for a some of the surviving Kydians while the remainder retreat. Gunnar's aim is true , bringing down 2 of overlords running away. Lights begin to flash inside of blue as the damage begins to take it's toll. Fortunately Weiss reaches the trees, which provide concealment. Thankfully, the Kydian's seems confused and disorganized. Weiss also notices that there is a downed kydian transport near them, with it's side opened up. He sees the bodies of many human civilians inside, indicating they were trying to take prisoners. As Blue hits the ice, it crunches but does not crack. The severe sub zero temperatures have made for a thick layer of ice on the massive river. Still, how thick will the ice be where the current is swifter? Blue pulls up on Ronith's position.

Two overlords peel away from Barracuda and race towards Keiko. The Tesla bow keeps one subdued but the other fires at her with its energy pistol. Several energy bolts strike her as it finally makes her position. Keiko finishes off the first and turns her attention to the second, delivering a shocking blow.

Ashlynn turns to see Ronith and Blue approaching. She glistens with a magic field surrounding her body. She floats down closer to the ground. Ronith's amplified hearing and Blue's sensors allow them to hear her over the battle. "Well, that should give them a fighting chance, don't you think? I've never cared for humans much but it's hard to not root for the underdog. Plus, we don't need the Splugorth trash here. Just as I promised, I have swung the tide of battle for these mortals. Your Ashlynn is safe. With me, she will know no aging, no suffering. I've tucked her away in a quiet corner, safely, securely. I however cannot join you in your quest to get back home. I wish you all the best, but destiny calls I'm afraid. I'd invite you to serve me, but I already know you won't. Your moral trappings would prevent it I'm afraid. These humans have only ever suffered under their own leadership. And now with the world thrown into chaos, they need someone to rule them. A powerful lord to guide them. A goddess for the age. I will be the boon they don't deserve, but that they desperately need. I wish you all the best, for her sake. Goodbye." With that she weaves a spell as they approach and disappears, gone from this place.


Butcher's Bill this round:
Barracuda: 24 MDC (86 including last round)
Blue: 201 MDC (254 including last round)(main body)
Keiko: 42 MDC
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 490
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Torment

Post by Grant Latham »

New Perception: 78% vs 1d100: [64] = 64
JIC: 1d20: [7] = 7 , 1d100: [48] = 48
Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • Sense Ley Line: 89%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 99%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 150mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 97/97
  • I.S.P.: 94/94
  • P.P.E.: 328/656
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
45 PPE | DB13 120 | 150 min | 500 M.D.C., EBA, Fly 350 mph, 1/2 damage from magic and M.D. cold, heat/fire/plasma attacks. -5% physical skills -10% to delicate touch skills

25 PPE | 7.5 min | Impervious to Cold, Fire, Energy, Disease, Poisons, Toxins, Gases, and Drugs. 50 M.D.C. force field. +10 vs Magic, Psionics, HF

Talisman | 75 min | Undetectable by psionics or magic. Includes Psi-Stalker/Dog boy or similar. No aura

Talisman |30 min | Organics using tech can save vs magic to see using natural vision.

4 PPE | 180 min | 600' in non magical darkness

3 PPE | 30 min | See license plate up to 2 miles away


P.B.: 22
M.A.: 26

Trust: 88% vs 1d100: [19] = 19 | Convince the troops to fight
Charm/Impress: 60% vs 1d100: [44] = 44 | Convince the troops to fight


The mage drops down off the roof and moves towards the fallen soldiers. Grant casts Charismatic Aura (10 PPE | BOM 99 | 480' radius | 45 min | +8 P.B. Friendship/Trust, Power/Fear, Successful Deception (80% believe)) and Aura of Power (4 PPE | BOM 93 | Appears +3 lvls, + 1d4+2: [4]+2 = 6 M.A. Psionic See Aura will see truth. Magic See Aura will fluctuate) upon himself as he moves towards the fallen NEMA troops

He dispels the invisibility and approaches openly, his silvery cosmic armor glinting in the low light making him appear like a mini-Glittery Boy. Bolstered with his magic, Grant shouts: "Soldiers! Now is the time!" He leans down and checks an unmoving body, seeing that he is dead, he picks up the NEMA MIP-21 Ion Pistol laying next to him, and a pair of e-clips easily accessible from his harness. He holds up the pistol, and shouts again pointing at the enemy, "Those giant beings over there want to capture your people. They are monsters who will enslave or worse eat you. You must stand up and fight. Much of their weapons have been neutralized by that dark cloud. Get to your feet!"

(If he sees a NEMA GLR-540 "Thunderer" Grenade Rifle, NEMA LGR360 "Terror Stopper" Laser Grenade Rifle, or NEMA PR-470 "Hot Seat" Plasma Rifle, he'll take it and put it as his feet by the end of the speech)


APM: 10 (11 with magic)
Initiative: 1d20+6: [1]+6 = 7
Crit Strike 18-20 or from behind
  1. Fly down and sheathe sword
  2. Cast Charismatic Aura
  3. Cast Aura of Power
  4. Dispel Invisibility
  5. Speak
  6. Speak
  7. Speak
  8. Speak
  9. Speak
  10. Speak
  11. Speak
Contingency:

Will Cast Armor of Ithan if Cosmic Armor is destroyed and/or retreat if needed.

Dodge/Parry(+2/+8): 10d20: [7, 11, 17, 8, 12, 9, 5, 17, 4, 13] = 103
Save vs Magic/Psionics/HF (+17/+10/+15): 10d20: [19, 3, 18, 8, 2, 2, 20, 15, 9, 19] = 115
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record
Info
M.D.C.: 97/[color=#FF00000]97[/color] • P.P.E.: 656/656 • I.S.P.: 94/94 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 89% | 100mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 99% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 1500mi • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
Posts: 608
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Torment

Post by Ronith »

JIC: 1d20: [8] = 8 , 1d100: [25] = 25
PER: 1d100: [20] = 20 vs. 94% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)

Intimidate: 1d100: [82] = 82 vs. 65% (+30% vs. armed forces personnel, +20% vs. those of an evil alignment)
Last-ditch attempt to derail the narrative :)

Demon/Monster Lore: 1d100: [71] = 71 vs. 106%
To try and determine if it was a dimensional teleport, spell, or ability ‘Ashlynn’ used to escape, ideally guesstimate the effective range.

Conditions:
Applies to anyone who directs an attack at Ronith: +2 strike and parry, +1 dodge. Opponents lose all machine-provided bonuses, -1 APM, -4 strike Ronith, -2 to dodge Ronith’s attacks.
,
RPA Pilots: Inexperienced operators (levels 1-3) cannot use sensors at all, lose two attacks every time they try to figure out what’s going on. Experienced operators lose one attack and have a -40% penalty.
,
35m15s, 92% skill, 120ft. range, can pinpoint exact number and location of all sentient beings.
,
+2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 6.75 Minutes
,
18m45s, can hide in shadows 5+ ft tall, +15% to prowl, attackers -5 to hit.
,
59.75 min | 50 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy
,
280ft. area, 47m30s, can track supernatural evil and pinpoint number of sources (1, 2-6, 7-14, 15+)

Virtus wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:25 am"Your Ashlynn is safe. With me, she will know no aging, no suffering. I've tucked her away in a quiet corner, safely, securely. I however cannot join you in your quest to get back home. I wish you all the best, but destiny calls I'm afraid. I'd invite you to serve me, but I already know you won't. Your moral trappings would prevent it I'm afraid. These humans have only ever suffered under their own leadership. And now with the world thrown into chaos, they need someone to rule them. A powerful lord to guide them. A goddess for the age. I will be the boon they don't deserve, but that they desperately need. I wish you all the best, for her sake. Goodbye."
Ronith continues his frenzied charge to try and get to Ashlynn, cutting down any Splugorth that get too close. ”Ashlynn! You have to fight it- I know you can beat it just hang on!” If Ronith gets a chance to address the possessing force itself, he will level Frostfang at the “woman” and growl out his reply. ”I neither know nor care what manner of demon you are- Ashlynn is my responsibility and you are going to let her go. I will see her, and you, dead before I condemn Ashlynn to an eternity of imprisonment in her own body watching whatever monstrous designs you have floating about that twisted excuse for a mind. Frostfang here has fought, and killed, self-styled Gods before and I am more than capable of doing so again. Neither the centuries separating my time from this one, nor all the miles on this planet, nor all the worlds in the megaverse shall suffice to hide you from my wrath. Leave her now, or I will find you and make you regret your decision.” After she disappears, Ronith curses, kills any Splugorth that are handy, and then radio the team. Unless anyone reports being especially hard-pressed or taking heavy damage (in which case he will circle back to assist), Ronith radios ”I am going after Ashlynn- the rest of you clean this up and keep it moving.” He will then set off, if nothing else doing a perimeter sweep of the area (and killing any Splugorth that come within reach) and trying to pinpoint her psionically.

Initiative: 1d20+13: [15]+13 = 28
APM: 8

Attack 1: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+22: [18]+22 = 40 to strike, 1d6*22: [3]*22 = 66 MD
Attack 2: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+22: [16]+22 = 38 to strike, 1d6*22: [1]*22 = 22 MD
Attack 3: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+22: [1]+22 = 23 to strike, 1d6*22: [2]*22 = 44 MD
Attack 4: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+22: [20]+22 = 42 to strike, 1d6*22: [2]*22 = 44 MD
Attack 5: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+22: [8]+22 = 30 to strike, 1d6*22: [3]*22 = 66 MD
Attack 6: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+22: [9]+22 = 31 to strike, 1d6*22: [2]*22 = 44 MD
Attack 7: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+22: [11]+22 = 33 to strike, 1d6*22: [5]*22 = 110 MD
Attack 8: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+22: [2]+22 = 24 to strike, 1d6*22: [5]*22 = 110 MD

Auto-parries: 1d20+27: [15]+27 = 42 , 1d20+27: [18]+27 = 45 , 1d20+27: [6]+27 = 33 , 1d20+27: [4]+27 = 31 , 1d20+27: [7]+27 = 34 , 1d20+27: [20]+27 = 47 , 1d20+27: [20]+27 = 47 , 1d20+27: [2]+27 = 29
Auto-dodges: 1d20+14: [6]+14 = 20 , 1d20+14: [11]+14 = 25 , 1d20+14: [11]+14 = 25 , 1d20+14: [7]+14 = 21 , 1d20+14: [20]+14 = 34 , 1d20+14: [6]+14 = 20 , 1d20+14: [3]+14 = 17 , 1d20+14: [11]+14 = 25
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent)
| BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
ISP- 71/91; PPE- 47/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
Frostfang Heals: 3/4. Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (1/3); Cleanse (3/3)
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Torment

Post by Barracuda »

Perception: 1d100: [89] = 89 /43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20: [3] = 3 / 1d100: [42] = 42

  • Helmet: 55/55 (can only be hit with a Called Shot at -3 to strike)
  • L Arm: 15/35
  • R Arm: 15/35
  • L Hand: 18/18 (can only be hit with a Called Shot at -3 to strike)
  • R Hand: 18/18 (can only be hit with a Called Shot at -3 to strike)
  • L Leg: 25/45
  • R Leg: 25/45
  • Main Body: 12/87



Corwin of Atlantis fights like this might be his last. Shoving the tines of King Tide into the chests of his enemies and knocking the wind out of those who would surround him with the butt of his mighty polearm. Try to take my weapon? Sucka, I am the weapon! While getting stabby, Barracuda takes a moment to fire a light beam at the face of one of his attackers to blind them.
Keiko wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:24 pm"I got your back. Prince of Atlantis."
Barracuda thinks outloud in the hopes that Keiko can hear him "Come on, that sounded Bad. Ass."

Initiative: 1d20+3: [10]+3 = 13
APM: 7

Action 1: Strike with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+9: [20]+9 = 29 (CRIT) Damage: 6d6+16: [3, 2, 6, 5, 2, 1]+16 = 35 x2=62 MD
Action 2: Strike with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+9: [11]+9 = 20 Damage: 6d6+16: [3, 4, 2, 4, 6, 5]+16 = 40
Action 3: Energy Absorption: Shoot Light Beam. Strike: 1d20+3: [10]+3 = 13 Damage: Blinded opponents are -8 on all melee actions for the first melee round and -6 to strike, parry and dodge for the remaining ones in which vision is impaired (sees spots and has blurred vision). Duration: [roll]1D4+1[/roll] melee rounds
Action 4: Strike with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+9: [19]+9 = 28 (CRIT) Damage: 6d6+16: [4, 4, 2, 6, 6, 4]+16 = 42 x2=78 MD
Action 5: Strike with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+9: [8]+9 = 17 Damage: 6d6+16: [1, 5, 3, 1, 3, 3]+16 = 32
Action 6: Strike with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+9: [7]+9 = 16 Damage: 6d6+16: [6, 5, 5, 3, 2, 6]+16 = 43
Action 7: Strike with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+9: [8]+9 = 17 Damage: 6d6+16: [2, 3, 6, 4, 4, 1]+16 = 36


Parries: 1d20+12: [11]+12 = 23 1d20+12: [11]+12 = 23 1d20+12: [16]+12 = 28 1d20+12: [16]+12 = 28 1d20+12: [8]+12 = 20 1d20+12: [3]+12 = 15 1d20+12: [16]+12 = 28

Contingency: Barracuda will use his arms to absorb blows until his armor is out of MD, then his legs if possible. He'll take blows to the chest last.
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
Ledger
User avatar
Keiko
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

Re: Torment

Post by Keiko »

Perception: 1d100: [68] = 68 /40%
JIC: 1d20: [11] = 11 ; 1d100: [15] = 15

Active Effects
  • Dimensional Attenuation: 150 Miles
  • Excellent hearing and smell
  • Sixth Sense
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Energy Sphere | 120 PPE | BOM 120 | 38 days | 84 P.P.E./500 M.D.C.
  • Fighting Spirit: +2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 8 Minutes
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 60 min | 250 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy
  • See the invisible; 240 feet; Duration 5 minutes
Barracuda wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:15 pm Barracuda thinks outloud in the hopes that Keiko can hear him "Come on, that sounded Bad. Ass."
Keiko smiles at Barracuda even though she knows he likely wont see it while in the middle of combat. She sends him another thought. That it was. Very Bad Ass. We'll have to compare notes after this. I'm sure my Atlantis is different from yours. Barracuda can hear Keiko wink in her thoughts. Keiko Keeps firing on her current opponent. You will not take me. You took enough when your kind killed my husband. Barracuda gets a little more as Keiko kept the link open. By accident or intentional is unknown.


Personal PPE: 88/118
Energy Sphere PPE: 84
ISP: 35/43

APM: 8
Init: 1d20+8: [18]+8 = 26
Invincible Armor: 64/250
Invincible Armor Regen Roll: 1d6: [1] = 1
AOI: 50/50
Tesla Effect
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor

Action 1: Tesla Bow Strike Current threat to Keiko: 1d20+13: [16]+13 = 29 ; Damage: 4d6: [4, 3, 1, 4] = 12 + Tesla Effect
Action 2: Tesla Bow Strike Current threat to Keiko: 1d20+13: [1]+13 = 14 ; Damage: 4d6: [4, 4, 2, 1] = 11 + Tesla Effect
Action 3: Tesla Bow Strike Current threat to Keiko: 1d20+13: [8]+13 = 21 ; Damage: 4d6: [4, 2, 2, 5] = 13 + Tesla Effect
Action 4: Tesla Bow Strike Current threat to Keiko: 1d20+13: [8]+13 = 21 ; Damage: 4d6: [4, 6, 2, 1] = 13 + Tesla Effect
Action 5: Tesla Bow Strike Current threat to Keiko: 1d20+13: [9]+13 = 22 ; Damage: 4d6: [1, 3, 2, 6] = 12 + Tesla Effect
Action 6: Tesla Bow Strike Current threat to Keiko: 1d20+13: [20]+13 = 33 NAT 20; Damage: 4d6: [6, 2, 4, 3] = 15 x2 = 30 MD + Tesla Effect
Action 7: Tesla Bow Strike Current threat to Keiko: 1d20+13: [4]+13 = 17 ; Damage: 4d6: [1, 3, 1, 4] = 9 + Tesla Effect
Action 8: Tesla Bow Strike Current threat to Keiko: 1d20+13: [1]+13 = 14 ; Damage: 4d6: [5, 1, 2, 6] = 14 + Tesla Effect

Auto-Dodge: 1d20+10: [8]+10 = 18 ; 1d20+10: [18]+10 = 28 ; 1d20+10: [3]+10 = 13 ; 1d20+10: [12]+10 = 22 ; 1d20+10: [15]+10 = 25 ; 1d20+10: [18]+10 = 28 ; 1d20+10: [18]+10 = 28 ; 1d20+10: [16]+10 = 26

Contingencies:
- If IA and AOI go down Keiko will sacrifice an action to dive behind cover if a ranged attack or parry the attacks if a melee weapon.
- If Keiko's current target drops she will shift fire to continue to cover Barracuda. If All Barracuda's targets are pacified Keiko will continue to giver her team Ranged fire support with her bow.
Keiko

P.P.E.: 110/110
I.S.P.: 35/35
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 86/86
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
Helmet - 40/40
Left Arm 20/20
Right Arm 20/20
Right Leg 30/30
Left Leg 30/30
Main Body - 60/60
Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Ashlynn
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 285
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Torment

Post by Ashlynn »

Perception: 47% 1d100: [14] = 14

JIC: 1d20: [3] = 3
JIC: 1d100: [46] = 46

Once Weiss frees up the railgun, Gunnar switches back to it. "Now that's more like it... this Blue Beauty of yours is something else."

Gunnar focuses on taking down any enemy who end up within weapon range. These guys have just lost their friend - and she was such a nice girl... That's jsut awful... Best I can do now is support them, and try to help win this fight.

When Weiss unleashes the missiles, Gunnar can't help but let out a brief whistle in admiration for the devastation.


Initiative: 1d20+2: [17]+2 = 19

APM: 8
Action 1: Strike (railgun) 1d20+2: [19]+2 = 21 ; Damage 1d6*10: [6]*10 = 60 M.D.
Action 2: Dual Blast, Laser Turret 1d20+2: [4]+2 = 6 ; Damage 4d6: [2, 5, 1, 3] = 11 M.D.
Action 3: Strike (railgun) 1d20+2: [14]+2 = 16 ; Damage 1d6*10: [6]*10 = 60 M.D.
Action 4: Dual Blast, Laser Turret 1d20+2: [3]+2 = 5 ; Damage 4d6: [1, 6, 4, 6] = 17 M.D.
Action 5: Strike (railgun) 1d20+2: [12]+2 = 14 ; Damage 1d6*10: [5]*10 = 50 M.D.
Action 6: Dual Blast, Laser Turret 1d20+2: [8]+2 = 10 ; Damage 4d6: [5, 5, 5, 3] = 18 M.D.
Action 7: Strike (railgun) 1d20+2: [14]+2 = 16 ; Damage 1d6*10: [1]*10 = 10 M.D.
Action 8: Dual Blast, Laser Turret 1d20+2: [11]+2 = 13 ; Damage 4d6: [4, 2, 6, 2] = 14 M.D.
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 45/45
S.D.C.: 31/68


TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 45/45
  • Arms: 40/40 each
  • Legs: 45/45 each
  • Main Body: 42/100

Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, and +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
Features:
  • All Features of Triax EBA
  • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
  • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
  • Infrared & thermal masking


N-F20A Medium Force Field (integrated into FreeRunner Exoskeleton)
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 75

Features:
  • 10 hour duration per E-clip
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 276
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Torment

Post by Weiss »

Perception 1d100<56: [9*] = 1
jic 1d100: [97] = 97 1d20: [1] = 1
Ashlynn wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:57 am Once Weiss frees up the railgun, Gunnar switches back to it. "Now that's more like it... this Blue Beauty of yours is something else."
"She and I have been through a lot. Know how to get her running quickly! She's not cutting edge though, but still one of the finest robots ever built." Weiss remarks as they get underway.
Virtus wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:25 am Indeed, it takes out almost a whole unit of overlords. Blue's towering frame is menacing through the cloud. It is a target of fire for a some of the surviving Kydians while the remainder retreat. Gunnar's aim is true , bringing down 2 of overlords running away. Lights begin to flash inside of blue as the damage begins to take it's toll. Fortunately Weiss reaches the trees, which provide concealment. Thankfully, the Kydian's seems confused and disorganized. Weiss also notices that there is a downed kydian transport near them, with it's side opened up. He sees the bodies of many human civilians inside, indicating they were trying to take prisoners. As Blue hits the ice, it crunches but does not crack. The severe sub zero temperatures have made for a thick layer of ice on the massive river. Still, how thick will the ice be where the current is swifter? Blue pulls up on Ronith's position.
Hang in there Weiss grimaces as the alarms start sounding. They were taking heavy fire and if this kept up, they would be going down. Still, they caught up with Ronith and hunkered down. Gaze focused on Ashlynn, he initially ignores the downed Kydian transport.
Virtus wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:25 am Ashlynn turns to see Ronith and Blue approaching. She glistens with a magic field surrounding her body. She floats down closer to the ground. Ronith's amplified hearing and Blue's sensors allow them to hear her over the battle. "Well, that should give them a fighting chance, don't you think? I've never cared for humans much but it's hard to not root for the underdog. Plus, we don't need the Splugorth trash here. Just as I promised, I have swung the tide of battle for these mortals. Your Ashlynn is safe. With me, she will know no aging, no suffering. I've tucked her away in a quiet corner, safely, securely. I however cannot join you in your quest to get back home. I wish you all the best, but destiny calls I'm afraid. I'd invite you to serve me, but I already know you won't. Your moral trappings would prevent it I'm afraid. These humans have only ever suffered under their own leadership. And now with the world thrown into chaos, they need someone to rule them. A powerful lord to guide them. A goddess for the age. I will be the boon they don't deserve, but that they desperately need. I wish you all the best, for her sake. Goodbye." With that she weaves a spell as they approach and disappears, gone from this place.
"Ash, I don't know if you can hear us, come home. Don't listen to whatever this thing is." Weiss pleads with her, hoping that she can hear him, locked away wherever she is. "You have people who care about. You ... have a family!" As she blips away, Weiss' heart leaps into his mouth and part of him wants to chase off after her.

Keep it together old man, you can't help her right now. Help people, stay alive and fight. Time for action now, time for planning later. he tells himself, finding a focus, win the battle, figure out what to do afterwards when you have time to think.

"Gunnar, lay down fire to support Ronith as he goes into close combat. We need to keep out the direct line of fire until we can get some repairs, but we can help keep him alive. I'll direct him towards high value targets."

"Ronith, gonna act as your eyes and ears, aim you towards targets. Want to roll up the rank and file or directing towards their leadership?"

Initially he scans the fallen vehicle, hoping to find survivors that he can at least save.

APM 9
initiative 1d20+3: [11]+3 = 14
Action 1 scan the wreckage for survivors with heat sensors
Action 2-9 scan with radar to direct Ronith towards targets and for Gunnar to concentrate on

If he finds any survivors, he will move to allow exhaust heat to keep them warm and call for some medical aid if they require it.

Dodge
1d20+10: [19]+10 = 29 1d20+10: [7]+10 = 17 1d20+10: [12]+10 = 22 1d20+10: [10]+10 = 20 1d20+10: [1]+10 = 11 1d20+10: [7]+10 = 17 1d20+10: [2]+10 = 12

If anything gets close, Weiss will attack with the sword
Sword strike 1d20+10: [6]+10 = 16 6d6: [1, 6, 3, 6, 6, 2] = 24
Sword strike 1d20+10: [12]+10 = 22 6d6: [3, 6, 3, 4, 1, 4] = 21
Sword strike 1d20+10: [10]+10 = 20 6d6: [2, 1, 2, 4, 3, 5] = 17
Sword strike 1d20+10: [16]+10 = 26 6d6: [6, 6, 2, 4, 4, 4] = 26
Sword strike 1d20+10: [3]+10 = 13 6d6: [4, 3, 2, 3, 5, 4] = 21
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
Posts: 383
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Torment

Post by Virtus »

Conditions
Time: Day 12, 6:32am (pre-dawn, no moon visible)
Temperature: -10 F
Visibility: 1000ft (haze)
Wind: 25mph out of the Northwest
Snow: 28"
Radio Traffic: heavy interference, heavy traffic.
Magic Use: Anti Magic Cloud present. nexus rules in effect. Supernatural evil is detectable within 500ft and all will sense it within the scope of time.
Several Nexus Present within 5 miles and a super nexus. Ley Line storm present (assume Grant will use his magic to suppress)
Open Rifts within 1 mile
Map

Grant reveals himself to the NEMA soldiers. They are alarmed and hostile at his appearance, but his calm, courageous words rouse them. They may not know who this being is, but perhaps angel or vision. Either way his words ring true. Several soldiers form up and rally. While calling them to action, he finds a rifle familiar to his eyes in shape ((NEMAPR-470 "Hot Seat" Plasma Rifle)) No Doubt that this design was adopted by the CS. He can sense magic being used in the distance. Grant suspects the leaders of this assault are likely outside of the Anti Magic Cloud like he is. Somewhere behind the treeline on the river is the root cause of this.

Ronith tries to connect with Ashlynn, hoping to spark her into consciousness, but to no avail. After she disappears, Ronith unleashes his fury on the advancing Kydians. No, with no magic to aid them, they fall easily to his blade. He hopes beyond hope that Ashlynn is somewhere near and yells to Weiss, Gunnar and the rest of the team to keep fighting ((I think that is the intent)) and tears off closer to where Ashlynn was moments before. Now on the ice covered river, the battle is behind him. The grey cloud covers everything, but he can make out more Kydians in the distance and something else... perhaps the leader of this force. He runs across the frozen river, no sun or moon overhead. To any onlookers, he appears as if out of a dream, dancing on clouds in an endless dark sky. Above him floats a large Slurgorth transports which seems to be holding now that the rift has vanished for the time being.

Barracuda's offensive is relentless. The Kydians are devoted to the Splugorth and usually will fight to the death. They've been deprived of their magic and tech, relying on simple weapons only. Again they try to take his trident, but fail while another tries to knock it away. The prince is struck with two blows before he blinds one opponents and finishes off another. At that moment, the other overlord he faces suddenly turns and bolts for the edge of the building. The last remaining overlord is blind and fights accordingly. Its end comes quickly after another blow that slips into the Kydians rib cage. Sliding off the tines, he looks to see the other reaching the side of the building, heading back to the lines. Another still remains near Keiko.

Keiko's bow is devastating to her last remaining opponent. He has reached her, but the effect of her bow prevents him from moving. However his proximity throws her off as he recovers and her following shot goes wide. He leaps on her, putting her into a hold that she is unable to dodge from. They fall to the ground, each struggling for dominance. Keiko slips out of his grip, races for her bow, putting distance between her and it. Immediately she starts in with the bow again, immediately racking his body with electricity. Stunned once again, her attacks continue, finally destroying his armor and body.

Gunnar fires as Weiss keeps moving. Blue takes a few more hits as Gunnar keeps up the punishment. Forces thin out here as they move further out in the frozen river. Two more overlords fall as they head for the previous location of the rift. The transport overhead hasn't fired on them yet, likely due to the chaos.

Weiss' heart goes out to Ashlynn, unsure of what the future holds. Instead he focuses on supporting Ronith. To the northeast Weiss' sensors detect individuals. He doesn't think them to be human. Zooming in, they definitely look like overlords, a powerlord and something else he isn't sure of, but definitely not a Kydian.

Butcher's Bill this round:
Barracuda: 0 MDC (86 including last round)
Blue: 56 MDC (310 including last round)(main body)
Keiko: 0 MDC (42 MDC including last round)
User avatar
Ashlynn
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 285
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Torment

Post by Ashlynn »

Perception 47% 1d100: [58] = 58

JIC: 1d20: [12] = 12
JIC: 1d100: [29] = 29
Weiss wrote:"She's not cutting edge though, but still one of the finest robots ever built."
Gunnar whistles. "Don't be modest, She's pretty good!"

As Gunnar continues to bear down on the enemy with railgun and laser fire, he keeps an ear open for Weiss' orders.
Weiss wrote:"Ash, I don't know if you can hear us, come home. Don't listen to whatever this thing is. You have people who care about. You ... have a family!"
Gunnar's mouth thins to a line. Wow... they're not just serving in a group together... these guys're the real deal. They really care about each other. And that poor girl... whatever's happening to my world has also happened to her, and then she just -poof- disappeared. Wow, that's really awful.
Weiss wrote:"Gunnar, lay down fire to support Ronith as he goes into close combat. We need to keep out the direct line of fire until we can get some repairs, but we can help keep him alive. I'll direct him towards high value targets."
Gunnar nods. "Covering fire for Ronith. Roger."

Initiative: 1d20+2: [6]+2 = 8

APM: 8

EDIT: all of the attacks below should have an additional +3. I forgot to add in W.P. Heavy weapons bonus to strike. Apologies.

Action 1: Strike (railgun) 1d20+2: [3]+2 = 5 ; Damage 1d6*10: [2]*10 = 20 M.D.
Action 2: Dual Blast (Laser Turret) 1d20+2: [10]+2 = 12 ; Damage 4d6: [1, 5, 1, 5] = 12 M.D.
Action 3: Strike (railgun) 1d20+2: [1]+2 = 3 (Nat. 1!); Damage 1d6*10: [2]*10 = 20 M.D.
Action 4: Dual Blast (Laser Turret) 1d20+2: [7]+2 = 9 ; Damage 4d6: [3, 5, 4, 4] = 16 M.D.
Action 5: Strike (railgun) 1d20+2: [16]+2 = 18 ; Damage 1d6*10: [2]*10 = 20 M.D.
Action 6: Dual Blast (Laser Turret) 1d20+2: [18]+2 = 20 ; Damage 4d6: [2, 2, 1, 5] = 10 M.D.
Action 7: Strike (railgun) 1d20+2: [14]+2 = 16 ; Damage 1d6*10: [6]*10 = 60 M.D.
Action 8: Dual Blast (Laser Turret) 1d20+2: [9]+2 = 11 ; Damage 4d6: [5, 2, 5, 4] = 16 M.D.

If that nat. 1 means the railgun jams again, he will use those strike rolls for laser blasts.
Damage as follows:
Damage 4d6: [2, 5, 6, 2] = 15 M.D.
Damage 4d6: [4, 1, 4, 5] = 14 M.D.

If it's worse, or if it's not possible to use the laser for some reason, he will try to repair the railgun (again)

"One Sec! I GOT this!" Now I'm getting a sense of this machine, I think I can repair 'er.

Weapons Systems--51% 1d100: [23] = 23 (try a simple cycle to unjam - SUCCESS)
Weapons Engineer--81% 1d100: [87] = 87 (Effect a more involved field repair - FAIL)
Last edited by Ashlynn on Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 490
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Torment

Post by Grant Latham »

New Perception: 78% vs 1d100: [84] = 84
JIC: 1d20: [16] = 16 , 1d100: [97] = 97
Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • Sense Ley Line: 89%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 99%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 150mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 97/97
  • I.S.P.: 94/94
  • P.P.E.: 328/656
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
4 PPE | BOM 93 | Appears +3 lvls, +1d4+2 M.A. Psionic See Aura will see truth. Magic See Aura will fluctuate

10 PPE | BOM 99 | 480' radius | 45 min | +8 P.B. Friendship/Trust, Power/Fear, Successful Deception (80% believe)

45 PPE | DB13 120 | 150 min | 500 M.D.C., EBA, Fly 350 mph, 1/2 damage from magic and M.D. cold, heat/fire/plasma attacks. -5% physical skills -10% to delicate touch skills

25 PPE | 7.5 min | Impervious to Cold, Fire, Energy, Disease, Poisons, Toxins, Gases, and Drugs. 50 M.D.C. force field. +10 vs Magic, Psionics, HF

Talisman | 75 min | Undetectable by psionics or magic. Includes Psi-Stalker/Dog boy or similar. No aura

Talisman |30 min | Organics using tech can save vs magic to see using natural vision.

4 PPE | 180 min | 600' in non magical darkness

3 PPE | 30 min | See license plate up to 2 miles away


P.B.: 22
M.A.: 26

As the soldiers pick up their weapons, Grant puts the pistol away and picks up the rifle, "These beings are as tough as someone clad in power armor. Half of you focus on the same target to take it out quickly. The rest of you support with suppression fire to keep them disorganized. Let's go." The mage pulls the rifle up to his shoulder and aims at his first target in range (Overlord Unit 1, if it goes down then Overlord Unit 12). We need to clear the field and move towards the nexus, the mage thinks to himself.


APM: 10 (11 with Magic)
Initiative: 1d20+6: [18]+6 = 24
Critical Strike: 18-20 or from behind
  1. Speak and put pistol away
  2. Speak and pick up rifle
  3. Aim NEMA PR-470 "Hot Seat" Plasma Rifle
  4. Shoot NEMA PR-470 "Hot Seat" Plasma Rifle at Overlord Unit 1, Strike 1d20+7: [15]+7 = 22 , Damage: 6d6: [4, 6, 6, 2, 1, 2] = 21 M.D.
  5. Aim NEMA PR-470 "Hot Seat" Plasma Rifle
  6. Shoot NEMA PR-470 "Hot Seat" Plasma Rifle at Overlord Unit 1, Strike 1d20+7: [10]+7 = 17 , Damage: 6d6: [2, 2, 2, 3, 6, 6] = 21 M.D.
  7. Aim NEMA PR-470 "Hot Seat" Plasma Rifle
  8. Shoot NEMA PR-470 "Hot Seat" Plasma Rifle at Overlord Unit 1, Strike 1d20+7: [5]+7 = 12 , Damage: 6d6: [2, 6, 4, 5, 6, 6] = 29 M.D.
  9. Aim NEMA PR-470 "Hot Seat" Plasma Rifle
  10. Shoot NEMA PR-470 "Hot Seat" Plasma Rifle at Overlord Unit 1, Strike 1d20+7: [13]+7 = 20 , Damage: 6d6: [5, 1, 4, 5, 1, 1] = 17 M.D.
Contingency:

Will Cast Armor of Ithan if Cosmic Armor is destroyed and/or retreat if needed.

Dodge/Parry(+2/+8): 10d20: [5, 2, 2, 9, 12, 17, 18, 8, 7, 16] = 96
Save vs Magic/Psionics/HF (+17/+10/+15): 10d20: [16, 4, 13, 4, 17, 6, 20, 10, 3, 7] = 100
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record
Info
M.D.C.: 97/[color=#FF00000]97[/color] • P.P.E.: 656/656 • I.S.P.: 94/94 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 89% | 100mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 99% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 1500mi • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 276
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Torment

Post by Weiss »

Perception 1d100<56: [82] = 0
jic 1d100: [63] = 63 1d20: [5] = 5

As the alarms sound, Weiss looks around for cover. If we keep going, we are dead. Stop trying to keep up with Ronith. Too big a target. Time to start using your brain and not just try to shoot your way out of things. It won't bring Ash back and won't make you feel any better.

"Gunner, keep people off our backs until we reach cover. We are taking up a new role now." Weiss becomes laser focused, as he moves the Beauty back into cover.

"Ronith, I think I have picked up their command group, taking them out might help finish this battle quicker. Can't keep up with you, taking too much damage but will provide distraction and fire support as you need it." Weiss pings Ronith the co-ordinates.

"We have survivors in a downed transport here, He pings out the co-ordinates to the rest of the team, "Grant any chance of some field repairs?"

"Spanky, we have a transport on an outward bound trajectory, likely filled with prisoners, disable it!"


APM 9
Attack 1 -? head to cover back at the downed transport
3 attacks - for messages

Dodge
1d20+11: [18]+11 = 29 1d20+11: [16]+11 = 27 1d20+11: [5]+11 = 16 1d20+11: [9]+11 = 20 1d20+11: [14]+11 = 25 1d20+11: [20]+11 = 31
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Torment

Post by Barracuda »

Perception: 1d100: [1] = 1 /43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4 / 1d100: [91] = 91
  • Helmet: 55/55 (can only be hit with a Called Shot at -3 to strike)
  • L Arm: 15/35
  • R Arm: 15/35
  • L Hand: 18/18 (can only be hit with a Called Shot at -3 to strike)
  • R Hand: 18/18 (can only be hit with a Called Shot at -3 to strike)
  • L Leg: 25/45
  • R Leg: 25/45
  • Main Body: 12/87


With the last of his present enemies running away, Barracuda heads to Keiko's position to offer assistance. But when he arrives, he realizes that she can take care of herself. "Nice work. Let's get this field cleared!" Barracuda rushes off toward Overlord A4 to take it down before heading deeper in to take out all the enemies he can. If we get control of this ley line, then maybe we can go home?

Initiative: 1d20+3: [18]+3 = 21
APM: 7

Action 1: Strike with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+9: [10]+9 = 19 Damage: 6d6+16: [5, 4, 4, 4, 1, 5]+16 = 39
Action 2: Strike with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+9: [18]+9 = 27 (CRIT) Damage: 6d6+16: [6, 3, 1, 4, 4, 2]+16 = 36 x2=64 MD
Action 3: Strike with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+9: [18]+9 = 27 (CRIT) Damage: 6d6+16: [3, 1, 5, 4, 3, 3]+16 = 35 x2=62 MD
Action 4: Strike with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+9: [4]+9 = 13 Damage: 6d6+16: [5, 4, 5, 5, 6, 4]+16 = 45
Action 5: Strike with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+9: [7]+9 = 16 Damage: 6d6+16: [5, 3, 4, 3, 4, 2]+16 = 37
Action 6: Strike with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+9: [15]+9 = 24 Damage: 6d6+16: [5, 3, 4, 6, 6, 2]+16 = 42
Action 7: Strike with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+9: [2]+9 = 11 Damage: 6d6+16: [2, 5, 2, 6, 5, 2]+16 = 38


Parries: 1d20+12: [17]+12 = 29 1d20+12: [9]+12 = 21 1d20+12: [16]+12 = 28 1d20+12: [4]+12 = 16 1d20+12: [6]+12 = 18 1d20+12: [4]+12 = 16 1d20+12: [12]+12 = 24

Contingency: Barracuda will use as many actions as needed to catch up to Overlord A4.
Contingency: Barracuda will use his arms to absorb blows until his armor is out of MD, then his legs if possible. He'll take blows to the chest last.
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
Ledger
User avatar
Keiko
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

Re: Torment

Post by Keiko »

Perception: 1d100: [53] = 53 /40%
JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9 ; 1d100: [71] = 71

Active Effects
  • Dimensional Attenuation: 150 Miles
  • Excellent hearing and smell
  • Sixth Sense
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Energy Sphere | 120 PPE | BOM 120 | 38 days | 84 P.P.E./500 M.D.C.
  • Fighting Spirit: +2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 8 Minutes
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 60 min | 250 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy
  • See the invisible; 240 feet; Duration 5 minutes

Keiko's breath comes slightly raged, Been a while since I was in a fight light this...Actually I don't think I was ever in something of this scale. It was mostly infiltrations and small quick combat. Keiko see's Barracuda come over to her and she gives him a cheery smile.
Barracuda wrote:But when he arrives, he realizes that she can take care of herself. "Nice work. Let's get this field cleared!"
Keiko gives him a wink, "Awe you were worried about me, Thanks. Lets go get the rest of them while our advantage lasts." Keiko holds out two fingers in a very anime like victory pose before following Barracuda. Keiko will move with Barracuda and provide ranged support. Keiko will prioritize Barracuda's primary target. Keiko will switch targets if it looks like he is being flanked.

Combat:

APM: 8

Init: 1d20+8: [19]+8 = 27
Invincible Armor: 64/250
Invincible Armor Regen Roll: 1d6: [1] = 1
AOI: 50/50
Tesla Effect
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Action 1: Tesla Bow Strike: 1d20+13: [16]+13 = 29 ; Damage: 4d6: [1, 6, 4, 3] = 14 + Tesla Effect.
Action 2: Tesla Bow Strike: 1d20+13: [20]+13 = 33 Nat 20; Damage: 4d6: [4, 6, 6, 1] = 17 x2 = 34MD + Tesla Effect.
Action 3: Tesla Bow Strike: 1d20+13: [8]+13 = 21 ; Damage: 4d6: [1, 4, 3, 6] = 14 + Tesla Effect.
Action 4: Tesla Bow Strike: 1d20+13: [17]+13 = 30 ; Damage: 4d6: [2, 3, 4, 5] = 14 + Tesla Effect.
Action 5: Tesla Bow Strike: 1d20+13: [6]+13 = 19 ; Damage: 4d6: [1, 4, 4, 3] = 12 + Tesla Effect.
Action 6: Tesla Bow Strike: 1d20+13: [1]+13 = 14 ; Damage: 4d6: [2, 2, 2, 2] = 8 + Tesla Effect.
Action 7: Tesla Bow Strike: 1d20+13: [18]+13 = 31 CRIT; Damage: 4d6: [4, 4, 1, 5] = 14 x2 = 28MD + Tesla Effect.
Action 8: Tesla Bow Strike: 1d20+13: [6]+13 = 19 ; Damage: 4d6: [1, 2, 5, 2] = 10 + Tesla Effect.

Auto-Dodge: 1d20+10: [14]+10 = 24 ; 1d20+10: [9]+10 = 19 ; 1d20+10: [18]+10 = 28 ; 1d20+10: [13]+10 = 23 ; 1d20+10: [2]+10 = 12 ; 1d20+10: [5]+10 = 15 ; 1d20+10: [18]+10 = 28 ; 1d20+10: [2]+10 = 12

Contingencies:
- Keiko will also use as many actions as needed to follow Barracuda to engage the other targets.
- If Keiko is engaged at range she will shift focus to stun her attacker then shift back to dropping targets with Barracuda.
- If Keiko is engaged in melee she will sacrifice an action to preform a body/flip throw and give herself some range to engage the threat. Flip/Throw rolls: 1d20+5: [12]+5 = 17 ; 1d20+5: [20]+5 = 25 ;
- If Keiko's current target drops she will shift fire to continue to cover Barracuda. If All Barracuda's targets are pacified Keiko will continue to giver her team Ranged fire support with her bow.
Keiko

P.P.E.: 110/110
I.S.P.: 35/35
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 86/86
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
Helmet - 40/40
Left Arm 20/20
Right Arm 20/20
Right Leg 30/30
Left Leg 30/30
Main Body - 60/60
Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
Posts: 383
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Torment

Post by Virtus »

Conditions
Time: Day 12, 6:32am (pre-dawn, no moon visible)
Temperature: -10 F
Visibility: 1000ft (haze)
Wind: 25mph out of the Northwest
Snow: 28"
Radio Traffic: heavy interference, heavy traffic.
Magic Use: Anti Magic Cloud present. nexus rules in effect. Supernatural evil is detectable within 500ft and all will sense it within the scope of time.
Several Nexus Present within 5 miles and a super nexus. Ley Line storm present (assume Grant will use his magic to suppress)
Open Rifts within 1 mile
Map

NEMA forces have rallied and are trying to reform the line while the overlords fall back to reorganize.

Gunnar lays down fire to clear a way for Ronith. Here there are few overlords fortunately and Gunnar's job is easy. The railgun continues to give him troubles as it jams once again. He switches over to the lasers, but there is little resistance Ronith encounters so far out. He disappears behind trees as he speeds about the terrain, hoping to find some trace of Ashlynn. Weiss moves Blue back into the combat zone, towards a downed transport. The ride inside Blue is a jarring one as Weiss is dodging and weaving, taking hard maneuvers to avoid inbound shots. Arriving in the wreckage, he positions Blue with the hull shielding the UAR from most of the overlords, but taking one more shot.

Grant and several of the NEMA soldiers move to engage the nearest overlord unit. It's hard to get a clear number, but there appear to be at least another 20 in that group. Additionally, it looks as if they have a heavy weapon mounted on a tripod. As the NEMA forces nearest Grant advance on the Overlord group. They weave through the trees on the river bank. Tree trunks explode as they are struck by energy weapons, as if they were giant firecrackers. The intensity of the energy blasts causes the frozen trees to expand violently. Grant takes a position atop a mobile home, but staying outside the effect of the anti magic cloud. A group of three of the overlords mans the tripod mounted weapon and is laying down a stream of fire that takes out a number of the NEMA soldiers. Grant attacks the fire team. It's a long shot, but thanks to it being winter, he can catch a glimpse. The rifle provides for the long range shot. He strikes the gunner several times as the two overlords flanking the gunner return fire on Grant's position striking him several times. From his position, he looks to the north and sees the tiny forms of the lead group that is now also outside the anti magic cloud. A transport moves near them and they fly up to the hovercraft and climb aboard. Grant suspects they may well be trying to move far enough down to find another nexus to open a gateway to reconnect them to reinforcements.

Barracuda runs down the remaining overlord who is fleeing. It turns as the prince closes in. It turns aside the first strike, but the next two pierce his armor like butter. The Kydian claws at the haft, trying to reach Barracuda before its fingers go lifeless. Keiko finishes off the last Kydian with the extremely effective Tesla bow while Barracuda finished his and runs up to where Barracuda is. They both look out over the battlefield. Barracuda conceives taking over this nexus. He then remembers they need to be back at Crofton. However, he wonders if the ley line running east might lead straight to Crofton. It would make travel much easier if that is the case. Off the far distance he sees a transport heading along that very ley line. It's a Kydian ship. He doesn't think it's up to any good.

Butcher's Bill this round:
Barracuda: 0 MDC (86 including last round)
Blue: 56 MDC (310 including last round)(main body)
Keiko: 0 MDC (42 MDC including last round)
Grant: 128 MDC
User avatar
Ashlynn
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 285
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Torment

Post by Ashlynn »

Perception: 47% 1d100: [69] = 69

JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13
JIC: 1d100: [85] = 85
Weiss wrote:"Gunner, keep people off our backs until we reach cover. We are taking up a new role now."
"Roger that... Are we gonna try to rescue folks from that downed transport? I can provide covering fire."

With that, Gunnar focuses fire on any enemy who come too close to the Beauty or the transport.

Man, this is crazy... This is the future they're from? I mean, wow... how can anyone live like this?

He continues picking off targets as best he can in the juking mech. I guess... you just do the best job you can do. Maybe that explains why they were travelling with that little girl... maybe in the future everyone's a soldier.


Initiative: 1d20+2: [6]+2 = 8

APM: 8
Action 1: Dual Blast, Laser Turret 1d20+2: [1]+2 = 3 (Nat. 1!); Damage 4d6: [1, 6, 3, 6] = 16 M.D.
Action 2: Dual Blast, Laser Turret 1d20+2: [13]+2 = 15 ; Damage 4d6: [5, 6, 5, 3] = 19 M.D.
Action 3: Dual Blast, Laser Turret 1d20+2: [11]+2 = 13 ; Damage 4d6: [2, 2, 4, 4] = 12 M.D.
Action 4: Dual Blast, Laser Turret 1d20+2: [17]+2 = 19 ; Damage 4d6: [2, 4, 3, 2] = 11 M.D.
Action 5: Dual Blast, Laser Turret 1d20+2: [9]+2 = 11 ; Damage 4d6: [6, 6, 1, 4] = 17 M.D.
Action 6: Dual Blast, Laser Turret 1d20+2: [12]+2 = 14 ; Damage 4d6: [2, 4, 5, 5] = 16 M.D.
Action 7: Dual Blast, Laser Turret 1d20+2: [16]+2 = 18 ; Damage 4d6: [4, 3, 3, 3] = 13 M.D.
Action 8: Dual Blast, Laser Turret 1d20+2: [4]+2 = 6 ; Damage 4d6: [2, 5, 6, 2] = 15 M.D.

If that nat. 1 means the laser no longer works, he will forgo any further attacks and try to repair the railgun (again) and Laser

"One Sec! I GOT this!" Now I'm getting a sense of this machine, I think I can repair 'er.

Weapons Systems--51% 1d100: [96] = 96 (try to unjam railgun - FAIL)
Weapons Systems--51% 1d100: [46] = 46 (try to repair laser - SUCCESS)
Weapons Engineer--81% 1d100: [97] = 97 (Effect a more involved field repair if above rolls fail - FAIL)

If he repairs the lasers we will resume firing, if he has any actions left.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 490
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Torment

Post by Grant Latham »

New Perception: 78% vs 1d100: [12] = 12
JIC: 1d20: [10] = 10 , 1d100: [94] = 94
Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • Sense Ley Line: 89%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 99%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 150mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 97/97
  • I.S.P.: 94/94
  • P.P.E.: 328/656
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
4 PPE | BOM 93 | Appears +3 lvls, +1d4+2 M.A. Psionic See Aura will see truth. Magic See Aura will fluctuate

10 PPE | BOM 99 | 480' radius | 44.75 min | +8 P.B. Friendship/Trust, Power/Fear, Successful Deception (80% believe)

45 PPE | DB13 120 | 149.5 min | 378 M.D.C., EBA, Fly 350 mph, 1/2 damage from magic and M.D. cold, heat/fire/plasma attacks. -5% physical skills -10% to delicate touch skills

25 PPE | 7.0 min | Impervious to Cold, Fire, Energy, Disease, Poisons, Toxins, Gases, and Drugs. 50 M.D.C. force field. +10 vs Magic, Psionics, HF

Talisman | 74.5 min | Undetectable by psionics or magic. Includes Psi-Stalker/Dog boy or similar. No aura

Talisman |29.5 min | Organics using tech can save vs magic to see using natural vision.

4 PPE | 179.5 min | 600' in non magical darkness

3 PPE | 29.5 min | See license plate up to 2 miles away


P.B.: 22
M.A.: 26

Virtus: What type of damage was Grant hit with last round/this upcoming round? He may be invulnerable to it currently.

Radio: Basic 79% vs 1d100: [15] = 15 (-20%?)
Weiss wrote:"Ronith, I think I have picked up their command group, taking them out might help finish this battle quicker. Can't keep up with you, taking too much damage but will provide distraction and fire support as you need it." Weiss pings Ronith the co-ordinates.

"We have survivors in a downed transport here, He pings out the co-ordinates to the rest of the team, "Grant any chance of some field repairs?"
With his enhanced vision and the Blue Beauty's non standard color, he easily picks up where the robot is on the field of battle. With Weiss' call for help, he frowns and shakes his head, and responds as he slings the rifle over his back, "I can't help you while you are within those dark roiling clouds. I am heading east towards the nexus, you are correct, we need to take out that transport that just lifted off." If we can crash it might take some of them out for good.

To the NEMA troops, he commands, "Use the cloud to your advantage, if the enemy tries to exit the area covered by the clouds, you go into the clouds. I need to stop that shuttle!" He points off to the east. With that he lifts up into the air and darts parallel (770'/action) to the ley line towards the nexus trying to get closer to the command transport. He casts Lightning Arc as he moves (30 PPE | 7.5 min | 6000' | +4 strike less than 100', +1 Strike if greater | 18d6+60 M.D.). Trusting that the transports sensors can't reliably see him (Mystic Invisibility and Invisibility to Sensors), he fires off blasts of electrical energy. He's not going to approach to melee range, he'll use distance to his advantage and veer to be more than 3000' away from the transport (and other fliers) to avoid most range weapons.




APM: 10 (11 with Magic)
Initiative: 1d20+6: [6]+6 = 12
Critical Strike: 18-20 or from behind
  1. Speak to Weiss and sling rifle
  2. Speak to Weiss
  3. Speak to NEMA Troops
  4. Speak to NEMA Troops
  5. Fly east, begin casting Lightning Arc
  6. Fly east, finish casting Lightning Arc
  7. Fly east, strike with Lightning Arc 1d20+1: [19]+1 = 20 , Damage 18d6+60: [5, 2, 4, 5, 5, 6, 2, 6, 6, 6, 3, 3, 6, 1, 3, 4, 6, 2]+60 = 135 M.D.
  8. Fly east, Strike with Lightning Arc 1d20+1: [5]+1 = 6 , Damage 18d6+60: [2, 1, 5, 2, 6, 6, 6, 1, 5, 4, 6, 5, 6, 3, 1, 6, 2, 3]+60 = 130 M.D.
  9. Fly east, Strike with Lightning Arc 1d20+1: [5]+1 = 6 , Damage 18d6+60: [4, 1, 3, 3, 2, 6, 1, 6, 6, 3, 6, 2, 4, 3, 2, 1, 2, 1]+60 = 116 M.D.
  10. Fly east, Strike with Lightning Arc 1d20+1: [4]+1 = 5 , Damage 18d6+60: [6, 3, 5, 4, 2, 4, 4, 4, 3, 6, 3, 2, 6, 5, 1, 2, 3, 6]+60 = 129 M.D.
  11. Fly east, Strike with Lightning Arc 1d20+1: [3]+1 = 4 , Damage 18d6+60: [2, 4, 3, 6, 6, 2, 6, 2, 3, 2, 1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 1, 2, 3]+60 = 117 M.D.
Contingency:

Will Cast Armor of Ithan if Cosmic Armor is destroyed and/or retreat if needed.

Dodge/Parry(+2/+8): 10d20: [19, 9, 1, 15, 1, 12, 18, 5, 6, 19] = 105
Save vs Magic/Psionics/HF (+17/+10/+15): 10d20: [17, 2, 1, 17, 1, 19, 19, 19, 19, 2] = 116
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record
Info
M.D.C.: 97/[color=#FF00000]97[/color] • P.P.E.: 656/656 • I.S.P.: 94/94 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 89% | 100mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 99% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 1500mi • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
Posts: 608
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Torment

Post by Ronith »

JIC: 1d20: [14] = 14 , 1d100: [47] = 47
PER: 1d100: [99] = 99 vs. 94% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)

Conditions:
Applies to anyone who directs an attack at Ronith: +2 strike and parry, +1 dodge. Opponents lose all machine-provided bonuses, -1 APM, -4 strike Ronith, -2 to dodge Ronith’s attacks.
,
RPA Pilots: Inexperienced operators (levels 1-3) cannot use sensors at all, lose two attacks every time they try to figure out what’s going on. Experienced operators lose one attack and have a -40% penalty.
,
34m45s, 92% skill, 120ft. range, can pinpoint exact number and location of all sentient beings.
,
+2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 6.5 Minutes
,
18m15s, can hide in shadows 5+ ft tall, +15% to prowl, attackers -5 to hit.
,
59.5 min | 50 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy
,
280ft. area, 47m00s, can track supernatural evil and pinpoint number of sources (1, 2-6, 7-14, 15+)


Ronith curses as whatever being has possessed Ashlynn gives him the slip. Turning around, the cyber-knight regards the battlefield and what to do to try and salvage the situation without any further losses.
Weiss post_id97 time13900 wrote:"Ronith, I think I have picked up their command group, taking them out might help finish this battle quicker. Can't keep up with you, taking too much damage but will provide distraction and fire support as you need it." Weiss pings Ronith the co-ordinates.
”Acknowledged. I am moving to engage.” Once he has the coordinates Weiss has sent, Ronith patches them through his armor’s HUD and tries to establish visual confirmation of the Splugorth leaders. Should he spot the High Lord on board the transport, Ronith signals ”Target acquired. Moving to engage- everyone else withdraw to a secure position outside the clouds where we can support the NEMAns. And preferably myself, as you can.” Full of anger and recrimination for allowing one of his own to be taken in such a horrific fashion, Ronith decides to vent his feelings on the Splugorth leaders. He will run as fast as he can, hoping to overtake the command transport and leap onto it (using telekinesis if necessary- can leap up to 100 feet or so high if he can find something suitable as a pole for vaulting). Either way, he will continue killing any convenient Splugorth- either taking out the High Lord, or making his way back to the others depending on how successful his pursuit is. Should Ronith spot any human or similar survivors, he will divert to rescue them as well.


Initiative: 1d20+13: [20]+13 = 33
APM: 8

Attack 1: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+22: [3]+22 = 25 to strike, 1d6*22: [2]*22 = 44 MD
Attack 2: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+22: [2]+22 = 24 to strike, 1d6*22: [4]*22 = 88 MD
Attack 3: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+22: [17]+22 = 39 to strike, 1d6*22: [2]*22 = 44 MD
Attack 4: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+22: [15]+22 = 37 to strike, 1d6*22: [3]*22 = 66 MD
Attack 5: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+22: [7]+22 = 29 to strike, 1d6*22: [2]*22 = 44 MD
Attack 6: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+22: [10]+22 = 32 to strike, 1d6*22: [6]*22 = 132 MD
Attack 7: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+22: [16]+22 = 38 to strike, 1d6*22: [4]*22 = 88 MD
Attack 8: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+22: [11]+22 = 33 to strike, 1d6*22: [4]*22 = 88 MD

Auto-parries: 1d20+27: [11]+27 = 38 , 1d20+27: [20]+27 = 47 , 1d20+27: [3]+27 = 30 , 1d20+27: [15]+27 = 42 , 1d20+27: [9]+27 = 36 , 1d20+27: [3]+27 = 30 , 1d20+27: [15]+27 = 42 , 1d20+27: [14]+27 = 41
Auto-dodges: 1d20+14: [1]+14 = 15 , 1d20+14: [20]+14 = 34 , 1d20+14: [15]+14 = 29 , 1d20+14: [14]+14 = 28 , 1d20+14: [4]+14 = 18 , 1d20+14: [16]+14 = 30 , 1d20+14: [19]+14 = 33 , 1d20+14: [11]+14 = 25
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent)
| BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
ISP- 71/91; PPE- 47/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
Frostfang Heals: 3/4. Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (1/3); Cleanse (3/3)
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 276
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Torment

Post by Weiss »

Perception 1d100<56: [63] = 0
jic 1d100: [3] = 3 1d20: [3] = 3

Weiss mutes the alarms from the Beauty.

Getting annoying now
Grant Latham wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:00 pm With his enhanced vision and the Blue Beauty's non standard color, he easily picks up where the robot is on the field of battle. With Weiss' call for help, he frowns and shakes his head, and responds as he slings the rifle over his back, "I can't help you while you are within those dark roiling clouds. I am heading east towards the nexus, you are correct, we need to take out that transport that just lifted off." If we can crash it might take some of them out for good.
"I'll hang tight here then." Weiss replies, reaching behind to grab his rifles and tool kit.
Ashlynn wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:09 pm "Roger that... Are we gonna try to rescue folks from that downed transport? I can provide covering fire."
"Exactly that. You keep the beauty hunkered down whilst I check the transport. Don't go anywhere!" Weiss smiles at him, "you're alright Gunnar."

Weiss pops open the hatch and climbs out onto smouldering shell of what remains of his prized robot. He resists the urge to put out the flames, trying to keep on the task he had set himself. Save somebody today. You can do that at least! he mentally scolds himself for not being able to save Ashlynn.

Clambering down the Beauty as quickly as possible, he heads towards the transport and calls out.

"Is there anybody still in here who can hear me?"

initiative 1d20+1: [20]+1 = 21
APM 6
Action 1 - grab tool kit and weapons
Action 2 exit the Beauty
Action 3-4 climb down the beauty
Action 5 head towards the transport
Action 6 call inside

If attacked, Weiss will dive into cover and return fire.

Dodges
1d20+8: [5]+8 = 13 1d20+8: [12]+8 = 20 1d20+8: [10]+8 = 18 1d20+8: [10]+8 = 18 1d20+8: [7]+8 = 15

Shooting
1d20+5: [6]+5 = 11 1d4*10: [4]*10 = 40
1d20+5: [5]+5 = 10 1d4*10: [1]*10 = 10
1d20+5: [13]+5 = 18 1d4*10: [2]*10 = 20
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Keiko
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

Re: Torment

Post by Keiko »

Perception: 1d100: [32] = 32 /40%
JIC: 1d20: [14] = 14 ; 1d100: [87] = 87

Active Effects
  • Dimensional Attenuation: 150 Miles
  • Excellent hearing and smell
  • Sixth Sense
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Energy Sphere | 120 PPE | BOM 120 | 38 days | 84 P.P.E./500 M.D.C.
  • Fighting Spirit: +2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 8 Minutes
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 60 min | 250 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy
  • See the invisible; 240 feet; Duration 5 minutes
Keiko gives Barracuda a casual little bump as she stands next to him, big grin on her face, "Well not bad for a prince. We make a fairly good team." She winks at him. "So. Shall we continue? Just a hundred more." She laughs. Despite her cheery attitude, Keiko has a little worry in her eyes. "Shale we? Ronith wants some cover. And I think I can keep up with you."

Keiko will stay with Barracuda and help tag team any more targets he selects.

Combat:

Init: 1d20+8: [11]+8 = 19
Invincible Armor: 68/250
Invincible Armor Regen Roll: 1d6: [4] = 4
AOI: 50/50
Tesla Effect
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Action 1: Tesla Bow Strike on Barracuda's target: 1d20+13: [8]+13 = 21 ; Damage: 4d6: [1, 3, 3, 5] = 12 + Tesla Effect
Action 2: Tesla Bow Strike on Barracuda's target: 1d20+13: [9]+13 = 22 ; Damage: 4d6: [3, 1, 6, 4] = 14 + Tesla Effect
Action 3: Tesla Bow Strike on Barracuda's target: 1d20+13: [17]+13 = 30 ; Damage: 4d6: [6, 5, 3, 3] = 17 + Tesla Effect
Action 4: Tesla Bow Strike on Barracuda's target: 1d20+13: [7]+13 = 20 ; Damage: 4d6: [5, 5, 1, 5] = 16 + Tesla Effect
Action 5: Tesla Bow Strike on Barracuda's target: 1d20+13: [11]+13 = 24 ; Damage: 4d6: [1, 1, 3, 4] = 9 + Tesla Effect
Action 6: Tesla Bow Strike on Barracuda's target: 1d20+13: [4]+13 = 17 ; Damage: 4d6: [6, 2, 4, 2] = 14 + Tesla Effect
Action 7: Tesla Bow Strike on Barracuda's target: 1d20+13: [1]+13 = 14 ; Damage: 4d6: [4, 6, 3, 2] = 15 + Tesla Effect
Action 8: Tesla Bow Strike on Barracuda's target: 1d20+13: [14]+13 = 27 ; Damage: 4d6: [4, 2, 1, 3] = 10 + Tesla Effect

Auto-Dodge: 1d20+10: [9]+10 = 19 ; 1d20+10: [8]+10 = 18 ; 1d20+10: [2]+10 = 12 ; 1d20+10: [20]+10 = 30 ; 1d20+10: [8]+10 = 18 ; 1d20+10: [3]+10 = 13 ; 1d20+10: [3]+10 = 13 ; 1d20+10: [4]+10 = 14

Contingencies:
- Keiko will also use as many actions as needed to follow Barracuda to engage the other targets.
- If Keiko see's another friendly struggling with the Splugorth forces and barracuda is doing fine, she will direct a few shots to assist attempting to stun their opponent so they can get the upper hand.
- If Keiko is engaged at range she will shift focus to stun her attacker then shift back to dropping targets with Barracuda.
- If Keiko is engaged in melee she will sacrifice an action to preform a body/flip throw and give herself some range to engage the threat. Flip/Throw: 1d20+5: [7]+5 = 12 ; 1d20+5: [17]+5 = 22
- If Keiko's current target drops she will shift fire to continue to cover Barracuda. If All Barracuda's targets are pacified Keiko will continue to giver her team Ranged fire support with her bow.
Keiko

P.P.E.: 110/110
I.S.P.: 35/35
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 86/86
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
Helmet - 40/40
Left Arm 20/20
Right Arm 20/20
Right Leg 30/30
Left Leg 30/30
Main Body - 60/60
Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Torment

Post by Barracuda »

Perception: 1d100: [85] = 85 /43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20: [8] = 8 / 1d100: [56] = 56

Seeing the massive forces ahead of him, Barracuda chooses to stick with his current successes. Couldn't take down that many if I tried... Well at least they'll never forget the Heroes for Hire. He turns to Keiko and jokes, "Just imagine what I could do if I were a king. Let's catch up with Ronith. I don't want to press our luck too much." Barracuda heads at full speed toward Ronith to back him up.

Initiative: 1d20+3: [1]+3 = 4
Actions 1-7: Reserved for Dodge.

Dodges: 1d20+6: [20]+6 = 26 1d20+6: [3]+6 = 9 1d20+6: [13]+6 = 19 1d20+6: [6]+6 = 12 1d20+6: [12]+6 = 18 1d20+6: [20]+6 = 26 1d20+6: [11]+6 = 17
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
Ledger
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
Posts: 383
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Torment

Post by Virtus »

Conditions
Time: Day 12, 6:32am (pre-dawn, no moon visible)
Temperature: -10 F
Visibility: 1000ft (haze)
Wind: 25mph out of the Northwest
Snow: 28"
Radio Traffic: heavy interference, heavy traffic.
Magic Use: Anti Magic Cloud present. nexus rules in effect. Supernatural evil is detectable within 500ft and all will sense it within the scope of time.
Several Nexus Present within 5 miles and a super nexus. Ley Line storm present (assume Grant will use his magic to suppress)
Open Rifts within 1 mile
NEMA is taking advantage of the situation and continues to push back the lines. A few options seems apparent to all the members of Heroes for Hire. Pursuing the command group will put a definite nail in the coffin of the Splurgorth's expedition here. Of course, now that NEMA has the edge, the team could simply leave. While the command group may try brining more reinforcements, it may be also possible they are trying to retreat after losing so many. Another option would be to stay and aid the effort to eradicate the forces here so thoroughly that even reinforcements would be of little use.

Gunnar lays down suppressive fire while Weiss climbs out to inspect the downed transport. Gunnar fails to get the railgun cleared and switches to lasers, which promptly have a software error. This error he clears and continues to fire at nearby Kydians. Weiss runs to the burning transport. Inside he clearly hears screams and crying. Looking inside a breach in the smoke filled hull, there are numerous holding cells filled with humans that seem to be from this time. Many are dead, but there are many still alive. No Kydians seem to still be alive inside. Any who lived likely rejoined the fight outside. There may be roughly 50 people alive in 10 holding cells.

Grant gives parting orders to the NEMA troops. The men there nod and advance. One asks as he leaves "Who are you anyhow?" No doubt his actions have made an impression and it's obvious Grant's no local. The magus then shoots off like a bullet after the departing transport. As he follows from a distance, he begins shooting arcs of lightning. The first one strikes and does a fair amount of damage. His following shots however fail to strike. The transport returns fire, but it's clearly wild. Grant's continued movement makes him a hard threat to find.

Keiko keeps firing on nearby threats as the duo makes their way into the battle lines. As they race among the carnage, Barracuda spots a ditched military jeep. The crew is dead, but the engine is still running.

IF Barracuda and Keiko decide to take the jeep:
► Show Spoiler
IF Barracuda and Keiko continue out on foot:
► Show Spoiler
Ronith finds himself deep in a warzone with death all around him. Corpses and vehicles burn all around him. He hears the call from Grant and responds instantly, running towards Grant's location. As he leaps over a heap of wreckage, the cyberknight spots a hovercycle which looks to be still operational. Where it's rider is, who's to say. It has significant damage but it looks to be otherwise operational. Either way, he exits to the eat in a hurry.

((Grant remains in attack again. Ronith, Barracuda and Keiko are on the way. They will not find any significant resistance the next round but may likely catch the transport the following round if they want to prepare any spells or abilities in route. Weiss and Gunnar are still in combat but mostly hidden by the transport wreckage))
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
Posts: 608
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Torment

Post by Ronith »

JIC: 1d20: [11] = 11 , 1d100: [57] = 57
PER: 1d100: [69] = 69 vs. 94% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)

Pilot Hovercycle- 1d100: [55] = 55 vs. 100%
To maneuver through the battle as needed.

Conditions:
Applies to anyone who directs an attack at Ronith: +2 strike and parry, +1 dodge. Opponents lose all machine-provided bonuses, -1 APM, -4 strike Ronith, -2 to dodge Ronith’s attacks.
,
RPA Pilots: Inexperienced operators (levels 1-3) cannot use sensors at all, lose two attacks every time they try to figure out what’s going on. Experienced operators lose one attack and have a -40% penalty.
,
34m45s, 92% skill, 120ft. range, can pinpoint exact number and location of all sentient beings.
,
+2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 6.25 Minutes
,
18m00s, can hide in shadows 5+ ft tall, +15% to prowl, attackers -5 to hit.
,
59.25 min | 50 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy
,
280ft. area, 46m45s, can track supernatural evil and pinpoint number of sources (1, 2-6, 7-14, 15+)


Even as Ronith races to the hovercycle, he replies on comms. ”I read you Weiss. Rescue everyone you can, and take out targets of opportunity but leave the mop-up to the NEMAns. We want to be well under cover by the time they get a chance to catch their breath and start asking questions. I… I cannot locate Ashlynn. Grant, I am en route to you.” Yet. I cannot locate Ashlynn yet. Ronith gets the hovercycle working as quickly as he can, sheathing Skyrender but leaving Frostfang ready to strike for any targets that present themselves. He then guns it for the transport (and Grant’s location).

Initiative: 1d20+13: [3]+13 = 16
APM: 8

Attack 1: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+22: [15]+22 = 37 to strike, 1d6*22: [5]*22 = 110 MD.
Attack 2: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+22: [10]+22 = 32 to strike, 1d6*22: [3]*22 = 66 MD.
Attack 3: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+22: [17]+22 = 39 to strike, 1d6*22: [5]*22 = 110 MD.
Attack 4: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+22: [18]+22 = 40 to strike, 1d6*22: [3]*22 = 66 MD.
Attack 5: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+22: [13]+22 = 35 to strike, 1d6*22: [3]*22 = 66 MD.
Attack 6: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+22: [17]+22 = 39 to strike, 1d6*22: [2]*22 = 44 MD.
Attack 7: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+22: [14]+22 = 36 to strike, 1d6*22: [3]*22 = 66 MD.
Attack 8: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+22: [9]+22 = 31 to strike, 1d6*22: [2]*22 = 44 MD.

Auto-parries: 1d20+27: [8]+27 = 35 , 1d20+27: [9]+27 = 36 , 1d20+27: [17]+27 = 44 , 1d20+27: [15]+27 = 42 , 1d20+27: [3]+27 = 30 , 1d20+27: [2]+27 = 29 , 1d20+27: [14]+27 = 41 , 1d20+27: [13]+27 = 40
Auto-dodges: 1d20+14: [8]+14 = 22 , 1d20+14: [20]+14 = 34 , 1d20+14: [12]+14 = 26 , 1d20+14: [4]+14 = 18 , 1d20+14: [19]+14 = 33 , 1d20+14: [10]+14 = 24 , 1d20+14: [7]+14 = 21 , 1d20+14: [18]+14 = 32
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent)
| BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
ISP- 71/91; PPE- 47/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
Frostfang Heals: 3/4. Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (1/3); Cleanse (3/3)
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 490
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Torment

Post by Grant Latham »

New Perception: 78% vs 1d100: [2] = 2
JIC: 1d20: [5] = 5 , 1d100: [10] = 10
Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • Sense Ley Line: 89%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 99%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 150mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 97/97
  • I.S.P.: 94/94
  • P.P.E.: 328/656
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
4 PPE | BOM 93 | Appears +3 lvls, +1d4+2 M.A. Psionic See Aura will see truth. Magic See Aura will fluctuate

10 PPE | BOM 99 | 480' radius | 44.50 min | +8 P.B. Friendship/Trust, Power/Fear, Successful Deception (80% believe)

45 PPE | DB13 120 | 149.25 min | 500 M.D.C., EBA, Fly 350 mph, 1/2 damage from magic and M.D. cold, heat/fire/plasma attacks. -5% physical skills -10% to delicate touch skills

25 PPE | 6.75 min | Impervious to Cold, Fire, Energy, Disease, Poisons, Toxins, Gases, and Drugs. 50 M.D.C. force field. +10 vs Magic, Psionics, HF

Talisman | 74.25 min | Undetectable by psionics or magic. Includes Psi-Stalker/Dog boy or similar. No aura

Talisman |29.25 min | Organics using tech can save vs magic to see using natural vision.

4 PPE | 179.25 min | 600' in non magical darkness

3 PPE | 29.25 min | See license plate up to 2 miles away


P.B.: 22
M.A.: 26

Radio: Basic 79% vs 1d100: [18] = 18 (-20%?)

The nexus amplified electricity arcS between the Lord Magi's fingers as he flits in the fly. My accuracy would increase if I were to move closer, but distance is my ally, I need to just wear them down. He holds out his arm and let's loose with bolt after bolt of lightning.

Grant clicks his radio to respond to Sir Ronith, "The light (KABOOM!)ning is (KABOOM!)coming from (KABOOM!)me." The sound of the thunder create by each stroke echoing across the land and through Grant's microphone.

APM: 10 (11 with Magic)
Initiative: 1d20+6: [17]+6 = 23
Critical Strike: 18-20 or from behind
  1. Fly parallel to shuttle keeping distance, strike with Lightning Arc 1d20+1: [10]+1 = 11 , Damage 18d6+60: [5, 5, 2, 2, 1, 4, 6, 5, 1, 4, 1, 1, 1, 3, 3, 6, 5, 3]+60 = 118 M.D.
  2. Fly parallel to shuttle keeping distance, strike with Lightning Arc 1d20+1: [4]+1 = 5 , Damage 18d6+60: [3, 2, 6, 3, 6, 4, 2, 5, 6, 6, 6, 5, 3, 6, 5, 2, 2, 5]+60 = 137 M.D.
  3. Fly parallel to shuttle keeping distance, strike with Lightning Arc 1d20+1: [15]+1 = 16 , Damage 18d6+60: [2, 6, 4, 1, 5, 4, 4, 2, 4, 4, 2, 4, 5, 1, 1, 2, 6, 6]+60 = 123 M.D.
  4. Fly parallel to shuttle keeping distance, strike with Lightning Arc 1d20+1: [14]+1 = 15 , Damage 18d6+60: [4, 2, 2, 3, 4, 6, 6, 5, 5, 2, 6, 4, 4, 2, 6, 1, 6, 3]+60 = 131 M.D.
  5. Fly parallel to shuttle keeping distance, strike with Lightning Arc 1d20+1: [8]+1 = 9 , Damage 18d6+60: [1, 1, 3, 1, 4, 4, 2, 4, 6, 4, 4, 5, 6, 2, 6, 5, 6, 5]+60 = 129 M.D.
  6. Fly parallel to shuttle keeping distance, strike with Lightning Arc 1d20+1: [8]+1 = 9 , Damage 18d6+60: [5, 5, 1, 2, 4, 4, 4, 3, 2, 1, 1, 2, 1, 4, 6, 1, 2, 6]+60 = 114 M.D.
  7. Fly parallel to shuttle keeping distance, strike with Lightning Arc 1d20+1: [4]+1 = 5 , Damage 18d6+60: [1, 2, 5, 6, 4, 4, 4, 2, 6, 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 1, 4, 1, 1]+60 = 112 M.D.
  8. Fly parallel to shuttle keeping distance, strike with Lightning Arc 1d20+1: [9]+1 = 10 , Damage 18d6+60: [3, 5, 2, 2, 5, 3, 5, 4, 4, 3, 6, 3, 2, 1, 3, 2, 1, 6]+60 = 120 M.D.
  9. Fly parallel to shuttle keeping distance, strike with Lightning Arc 1d20+1: [17]+1 = 18 , Damage 18d6+60: [2, 2, 1, 4, 1, 4, 1, 6, 4, 6, 3, 4, 6, 6, 1, 5, 2, 4]+60 = 122 M.D.
  10. Fly parallel to shuttle keeping distance, strike with Lightning Arc 1d20+1: [12]+1 = 13 , Damage 18d6+60: [1, 2, 2, 6, 5, 4, 4, 6, 6, 3, 5, 3, 1, 3, 3, 2, 3, 5]+60 = 124 M.D.
Contingency:

Will Cast Armor of Ithan if Cosmic Armor is destroyed and/or retreat if needed.

Dodge/Parry(+2/+8): 10d20: [2, 12, 19, 20, 8, 12, 19, 8, 15, 13] = 128
Save vs Magic/Psionics/HF (+17/+10/+15): 10d20: [3, 3, 2, 16, 15, 10, 17, 12, 12, 10] = 100
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record
Info
M.D.C.: 97/[color=#FF00000]97[/color] • P.P.E.: 656/656 • I.S.P.: 94/94 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 89% | 100mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 99% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 1500mi • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Keiko
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

Re: Torment

Post by Keiko »

Perception: 1d100: [1] = 1 /40%
JIC: 1d20: [12] = 12 ; 1d100: [74] = 74

Active Effects
  • Dimensional Attenuation: 150 Miles
  • Excellent hearing and smell
  • Sixth Sense
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Energy Sphere | 120 PPE | BOM 120 | 38 days | 84 P.P.E./500 M.D.C.
  • Fighting Spirit: +2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 8 Minutes
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 60 min | 250 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy
  • See the invisible; 240 feet; Duration 5 minutes
As Keiko and Barracuda run through the battlefield Keiko keys her Radio, "Barracuda and I on the way to assist you with the transport Ronith." She stops as they come across the vehicle. Keiko turns to Barracuda, "Oh, lets take the truck! It'll be fun!" Keiko clasps her hands together as her tail flips up in excitement. "You drive. I'll shoot!" Keiko take the passenger seat. As they move and the Kydian jumps on the hood, "Ahh. Die ugly!!" Keiko yells out as she blasts him in the face. Once the jeep runs over the Kydian, Keiko will look at Barracuda with a smile and a wink as she holds up two fingers in a victory pose. She definitely seems to be a real life anime character. "Ohh. Nice rifle. Should be able to hit the transport from here with it. Keep the truck steady!" Keiko slings her bow and picks up the rifle in the truck. Drops down behind the rifle scope. She seems just as comfortable with the rifle as she does with her bow and axe. Keiko takes aim at the thrusters or what ever seems to be holding the transport airborne and fire at it. Breath in, slow release. Hold...Fire. Keiko breaths with the cadence of a trained sniper as she lobs plasma bolts at the transports engines/thrusters/whatever is keeping it airborne.

Combat:

APM: 8

Init: 1d20+8: [9]+8 = 17
Invincible Armor: 74/250
Invincible Armor Regen Roll: 1d6: [6] = 6
AOI: 50/50

(Rifle acquired per GM via hangout chat)


Actions1-3: NEMA PR-470 "Hot Seat" Plasma Rifle Aimed Called shot at whatever is keeping the transport airborne: 1d20+9: [8]+9 = 17 ; Damage: 6d6: [3, 4, 2, 6, 4, 1] = 20
Actions 4-6: NEMA PR-470 "Hot Seat" Plasma Rifle Aimed Called shot at whatever is keeping the transport airborne: 1d20+9: [10]+9 = 19 ; Damage: 6d6: [2, 6, 1, 1, 6, 4] = 20
Actions 6-8: NEMA PR-470 "Hot Seat" Plasma Rifle Aimed shot at whatever is keeping the transport airborne: 1d20+9: [7]+9 = 16 ; Damage: 6d6: [6, 1, 1, 6, 6, 3] = 23

Auto-Dodge: 1d20+10: [16]+10 = 26 ; 1d20+10: [5]+10 = 15 ; 1d20+10: [5]+10 = 15 ; 1d20+10: [15]+10 = 25 ; 1d20+10: [9]+10 = 19 ; 1d20+10: [9]+10 = 19 ; 1d20+10: [14]+10 = 24 ; 1d20+10: [2]+10 = 12

Contingencies:
- If thrown from the vehicle for any reason Roll w/ impact: 1d20+7: [20]+7 = 27
-
Keiko

P.P.E.: 110/110
I.S.P.: 35/35
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 86/86
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
Helmet - 40/40
Left Arm 20/20
Right Arm 20/20
Right Leg 30/30
Left Leg 30/30
Main Body - 60/60
Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 276
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Torment

Post by Weiss »

Perception 1d100<56: [94] = 0
jic 1d100: [73] = 73 1d20: [15] = 15
Ronith wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:09 am ”I read you Weiss. Rescue everyone you can, and take out targets of opportunity but leave the mop-up to the NEMAns. We want to be well under cover by the time they get a chance to catch their breath and start asking questions. I… I cannot locate Ashlynn. Grant, I am en route to you.”
"Understood! On rescue duties" Weiss responded, already on mission whether Ronith had given the order or not.
Virtus wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:24 pm Weiss runs to the burning transport. Inside he clearly hears screams and crying. Looking inside a breach in the smoke filled hull, there are numerous holding cells filled with humans that seem to be from this time. Many are dead, but there are many still alive. No Kydians seem to still be alive inside. Any who lived likely rejoined the fight outside. There may be roughly 50 people alive in 10 holding cells.
"I'm here to rescue you!" he shouts to the prisoners, hoping that his words match up with reality

Think John, best way to get these cells open.

If the fires look like they can be put out, he will concentrate on doing that using the fire extinguisher in his tool kit. Otherwise, he will look to decide whether holding cells can be opened quickly by regular means or if he needs to resort to more drastic measures such as shooting out the locks to get people freed. If he spots a way of getting them all out quickly he will take, but will try to protect them from the fires first.

Pick Locks 1d100<84: [91] = 0
Mechanical Engineer 1d100<64%: [16*] = 1
Electrical Engineer 1d100<64: [29*] = 1

initiative 1d20+3: [20]+3 = 23
APM 6
Action 1 take out fire extinguisher
Action 2 start fighting the fires near the cells
Actions 3-6 Attempt to figure out the best way to free using the rolls above
Dice rolls
Sensory Equipment 1d100<74: [66*] = 1
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Ashlynn
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 285
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Torment

Post by Ashlynn »

Perception: 47% 1d100: [85] = 85

JIC: 1d20: [10] = 10
JIC: 1d100: [49] = 49

Weiss wrote:"Exactly that. You keep the beauty hunkered down whilst I check the transport. Don't go anywhere! ...you're alright Gunnar."
Gunnar smiles at Weiss. "I know. Go save some people. We can talk about how awesome I am later."

Gunnar transfers the Beauty's main controls to his station, and he keeps the Beauty hunkered down, providing covering fire as necessary for Weiss to free the prisoners on the transport, as needed, provide covering fire for Ronith or other allies if requested, and defend himself - in that priority order.

Railgun's down - really could use some maintenance - that thing jams real easy. Maybe it's just operator error. In any case, if I need heavy hitting I can use the missiles - but sparingly. Ol' Weiss seemed like he was trying to conserve 'em.

Gunnar picks off any targets who get close to the transport while Weiss works to free those inside. If any of the other Heroes for Hire or their allies call for an assist, he'll send some laser blasts that way. Finally, if a bogey targets him, he begins to fight defensively, dodging and blasting. If anything gets within melee range, Gunnar follows Weiss' example and fights using sword strikes (with the Giant Magical Sword) and parries.

Initiative: 1d20+2: [12]+2 = 14

APM: 8
Action 1: Dual Blast, Laser Turret 1d20+5: [5]+5 = 10 ; Damage 4d6: [1, 1, 3, 1] = 6 M.D.
Action 2: Dual Blast, Laser Turret 1d20+5: [3]+5 = 8 ; Damage 4d6: [3, 1, 5, 4] = 13 M.D.
Action 3: Dual Blast, Laser Turret 1d20+5: [20]+5 = 25 (Nat. 20!); Damage 4d6: [4, 6, 6, 6] = 22 X 2 = 44 M.D.
Action 4: Dual Blast, Laser Turret 1d20+5: [15]+5 = 20 ; Damage 4d6: [3, 1, 3, 3] = 10 M.D.
Action 5: Dual Blast, Laser Turret 1d20+5: [16]+5 = 21 ; Damage 4d6: [3, 3, 1, 3] = 10 M.D.
Action 6: Dual Blast, Laser Turret 1d20+5: [18]+5 = 23 ; Damage 4d6: [3, 5, 6, 4] = 18 M.D.
Action 7: Reserved for Dodge
Action 8: Reserved for Dodge

contingent action (Sword strikes if melee is necessary)
Action 1: Sword Strike 1d20+3: [13]+3 = 16 ; Damage 6d6: [4, 1, 6, 6, 2, 1] = 20
Action 2: Sword Strike 1d20+3: [11]+3 = 14 ; Damage 6d6: [5, 1, 5, 3, 5, 2] = 21
Action 3: Sword Strike 1d20+3: [6]+3 = 9 ; Damage 6d6: [4, 6, 1, 1, 6, 5] = 23
Action 4: Sword Strike 1d20+3: [7]+3 = 10 ; Damage 6d6: [1, 4, 3, 2, 6, 1] = 17
Action 5: Sword Strike 1d20+3: [14]+3 = 17 ; Damage 6d6: [4, 5, 6, 5, 5, 4] = 29
Action 6: Sword Strike 1d20+3: [16]+3 = 19 ; Damage 6d6: [4, 2, 3, 1, 3, 1] = 14
Action 7: Reserved for Dodge
Action 8: Reserved for Dodge

Contingent action (missile strikes if necessary)
If Gunnar sees that nissiles are necessary, he looses not more than two short-range fragmentation missiles. These take the place of any 2 actions above, as needed.

Action X: Missile strike 1d20+5: [11]+5 = 16 ; Damage 2d4*10: [1, 3]*10 = 40 M.D. to 20' area
Action X+1: Missile strike 1d20+5: [20]+5 = 25 (Nat. 20!); Damage 2d4*10: [1, 3]*10 = 40 X 2 = 80 M.D. to 20' area

Parries : 1) 1d20+14: [16]+14 = 30 ; 2) 1d20+14: [8]+14 = 22 ; 3) v; 4) 1d20+14: [5]+14 = 19 ; 5) 1d20+14: [12]+14 = 26 ; 6) 1d20+14: [16]+14 = 30 ; 7) 1d20+14: [15]+14 = 29 ; 8) 1d20+14: [10]+14 = 24

Dodges (only if Blue Beauty is targeted): 1) 1d20+11: [20]+11 = 31 (Nat. 20!); 2) 1d20+11: [19]+11 = 30
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
Posts: 383
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Torment

Post by Virtus »

Conditions
Time: Day 12, 6:33am (pre-dawn, no moon visible)
Temperature: -10 F
Visibility: 1000ft (haze)
Wind: 25mph out of the Northwest
Snow: 28"
Radio Traffic: heavy interference, heavy traffic.
Magic Use: Anti Magic Cloud present. nexus rules in effect. Supernatural evil is detectable within 500ft and all will sense it within the scope of time.
Several Nexus Present within 5 miles and a super nexus. Ley Line storm present (assume Grant will use his magic to suppress)
Open Rifts within 1 mile
Ronith races towards the glow of the transport's thrusters. Brilliant explosions of light illuminate the sky as Grant unleashes lightning strikes of grand scale. The cyber knight quickly catches up to Grant who has now caught up to the transport. The hoverbike is closer to a jetbike. It's fast and has armaments of its own but Ronith closes enough to strike with his sword. Ronith swerves into the turbulence around the transport. The speed buffets him wildly as he strikes against the hull. Choosing a place where Grant had struck he opens a neat hole in the side which reveals screaming civilians they had captured from the city.

IF Ronith decides to enter:
OOC Comments
Ronith sets the hoverbike to maintain relative position as he leaps into the gash in the hull. The opening leads to the cargo area. Just as he enters he sees a hover sled exiting from the cargo doors in the rear that were just opened. They do not see him. The interior is filling with smoke. The cargo door close with a thud behind him as he races to the bulkhead leading towards the forward part of the transport. He notices several creates full of what he thinks may be some type of explosiv, not entirely dissimilar to K-hex. There are many small arms and armor. Looking cautiously through the window in the bulkhead, sees a blood-chilling sight. A few dozen humans seems to be actively probed by biowizardry devices, the inquisitor overseeing the efforts. However, what is the most terrifying at the far end is a lavishly ornate dais upon which sits a writhing mass of tentacles. There is no doubt to him this is a Splugorth, though obviously not Splyncryth. There are no immediate answer to what in the world such a force is doing here, but there can be no doubt with the force they have that they are looking to get a foot hold here. Obviously in the future they didn't, but who stopped them? Either way, the cyberknight is unnoticed as the ship is rocked by explosions. Ronith also notices several hooded magic users with glowing hands touching the hull sides.
IF Ronith stays on the exterior:
OOC Comments
In moments a hover sled emerges from a cargo door on the rear. Aboard the hover sled are six Kydians who all look like powerlords, one of which bears red power armor and sports several bio-wizard devices. He looks like trouble. The sled also possesses a formidable looking canon. The launch into an attack as all but two leap into flight off the hoversled. The red powerlord races towards Grant.
Grant rains down a terrible destruction upon the transport. It's hull proves resilient. Grant's attacks tear through the forcefield like tissue paper and begins destroying the hull. Just then he sees Ronith arrive and strikes one of the spots Grant had significantly damage, opening up a gash. ((Grant may or may not enter the ship))

Almost simultaneously as Ronith opens the gash, the cargo doors on the rear open as a hoversled emerges with several powerlords aboard, including a particularly significant looking one, who seems to spot Grant almost immediately. Grant recognizes him as the one he spotted from afar. as it leaps into the air. The other powerlords seemingly see Grant as well, though it takes them several moments. The two flying the sled and manning the canon do not seem to see him.

IF Grant turns his last two actions on the Red Power Lord:
OOC Comments
The Red Powerlord Takes a bolt to his magic shield, blowing it to pieces. He immediately puts up another shield. Grant's next shot blows the shield again. Red streaks into Grant, ricocheting off Grant's shield (30MD). The other powerlords are much delayed and cannot make it Grant just yet.
IF Grant turns his last two attacks on the hoversled:
OOC Comments
Both attacks land on the hoversled, sending it and the canon tumbling down to the river below, illuminating the nearby ships as it explodes. The two powerlords that were operating it, leap into the air. The Red Powerlord races toward Grant uninterrupted. Red streaks into Grant, ricocheting off Grant's shield (30MD) and then immediately delivers a heavy punch wreathed in energy that Grant is unable to parry (50MD). The other powerlords are much delayed and cannot make it Grant just yet.
IF Grant continues his attack on the transport:
OOC Comments
Last of the bolts open more gashes in the hull but immediate the powerlords, save for Red, interpose themselves between Grant and the transport. His last bolt blows the shield off of one of the powerlords. The Red Powerlord races toward Grant uninterrupted. Red streaks into Grant, ricocheting off Grant's shield (30MD) and then immediately delivers a heavy punch wreathed in energy that Grant is unable to parry (50MD). The other powerlords are much delayed and cannot make it Grant just yet.
Keiko and Barracuda race along in the Jeep on the frozen river. The bounces slightly, but the river provides a relatively smooth surface. ((pilot automobile rolls please)) Keiko takes three careful shots at the thrusters underneath the transport. Her shots along with Grant bring down the forcefield. Keiko's last shot strikes one of the thrusters underneath. It still seems to be working, but it's smoking. She notices how slow its moving. It might be up-armored for a VIP.

Weiss frantically looks around, arriving at a control panel. It looks to have some sort of biometric scan. Amazingly there is still power to this system. Looking around the pilot finds a dead Kydian. He can either drag the Kydian over or severe the hand for easier portability. Either way, he is able to unlock the cells. Several loud clunks echo inside as the sound of Gunnar blazing away outside obscures anything further. Tearful survivors claw at each other in their panic to get outside.

Gunnar is focused on a small group of Kydians moving towards their position. Robbed of their magic, these 4 overlords are using mundane weapons. Two have the energy pistols they used earlier but two others are toting a heavy weapon on a tripod. One drops the tripod as the other hoists a massive canon onto it, even as Gunnar fires on the position in haste. They've found a rise in the land about 600 ft away that obscures most of them aside from the canon.

Gunnar focuses on the canon: The first 2 shots send a spray of snow into the air, but the follow shots lands a solid hit on the canon. The other two Kydians return fire ((42MD)). While the other overlords are firing and Gunnar is missing, the canon fires but Gunnar is ready and dodges the blast. Again the Canon fires he dodges again! Blue dances like a gorilla in ballet shoes. When his third shot hits the canon, it smokes and they pull it back down behind the rise. They seem to be working on it to get it operation. Two of the overlords jump out of the hole and race to another position closer (about 300 ft) and duck behind the rise. They're being careful as they approach. Gunnar doesn't like the feeling he is getting.
User avatar
Ashlynn
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 285
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Torment

Post by Ashlynn »

Perception: 47% 1d100: [53] = 53

JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9
JIC: 1d100: [41] = 41

Gunnar sees the four kydians separate in dismay. They're tryin' to flank me, he thinks. "Work quick, Weiss, I think they're tryin to flank me. Gonna use some of your missiles."

Gunnar unleashes some missiles on the position of the two kydians who broke off, hoping to catch them in the blast radius, but if the other two rear their heads, he will happily shoot at them as well, while dodging any incoming fire. If any Kydians make it into melee range he will switch to melee attacks and try to continue dodging ranged fire.


Initiative: 1d20+2: [13]+2 = 15

APM: 8
Action 1: Missile strike 1d20+5: [1]+5 = 6 (Nat. 1!); Damage 2d4*10: [1, 1]*10 = 20 M.D. to 20' area
Action 2: Dual Blast, Laser Turret 1d20+5: [19]+5 = 24 ; Damage 4d6: [6, 5, 4, 6] = 21 M.D.
Action 3: Missile strike 1d20+5: [4]+5 = 9 ; Damage 2d4*10: [1, 1]*10 = 20 M.D. to 20' area
Action 4: Dual Blast, Laser Turret 1d20+5: [5]+5 = 10 ; Damage 4d6: [5, 4, 3, 2] = 14 M.D.
Action 5: Missile strike 1d20+5: [15]+5 = 20 ; Damage 2d4*10: [4, 4]*10 = 80 M.D. to 20' area
Action 6: Dual Blast, Laser Turret 1d20+5: [2]+5 = 7 ; Damage 4d6: [2, 3, 3, 4] = 12 M.D.
Action 7: Reserved for Dodge
Action 8: Reserved for Dodge

contingent action (Sword strikes if melee is necessary)
Action 1: Sword Strike 1d20+3: [1]+3 = 4 (Nat. 1!); Damage 6d6: [3, 6, 5, 1, 6, 5] = 26
Action 2: Sword Strike 1d20+3: [19]+3 = 22 ; Damage 6d6: [2, 4, 4, 1, 1, 6] = 18
Action 3: Sword Strike 1d20+3: [17]+3 = 20 ; Damage 6d6: [1, 1, 4, 1, 6, 6] = 19
Action 4: Sword Strike 1d20+3: [5]+3 = 8 ; Damage 6d6: [6, 1, 2, 3, 1, 1] = 14
Action 5: Sword Strike 1d20+3: [11]+3 = 14 ; Damage 6d6: [1, 6, 2, 3, 4, 1] = 17
Action 6: Sword Strike 1d20+3: [4]+3 = 7 ; Damage 6d6: [5, 4, 5, 5, 5, 2] = 26
Action 7: Reserved for Dodge
Action 8: Reserved for Dodge

Parries : 1) 1d20+14: [2]+14 = 16 ; 2) 1d20+14: [18]+14 = 32 ; 3) 1d20+14: [19]+14 = 33 ; 4) 1d20+14: [18]+14 = 32 ; 5) 1d20+14: [4]+14 = 18 ; 6) 1d20+14: [13]+14 = 27 ; 7) 1d20+14: [1]+14 = 15 (Nat. 1!); 8) 1d20+14: [20]+14 = 34 (Nat. 20!)

Dodges (only if Blue Beauty is targeted): 1) 1d20+11: [1]+11 = 12 (Nat. 1!); 2) 1d20+11: [5]+11 = 16
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 490
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Torment

Post by Grant Latham »

New Perception: 78% vs 1d100: [15] = 15
JIC: 1d20: [3] = 3 , 1d100: [31] = 31
Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • Sense Ley Line: 89%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 99%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 150mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 97/97
  • I.S.P.: 94/94
  • P.P.E.: 328/656
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
4 PPE | BOM 93 | Appears +3 lvls, +1d4+2 M.A. Psionic See Aura will see truth. Magic See Aura will fluctuate

10 PPE | BOM 99 | 480' radius | 44.25 min | +8 P.B. Friendship/Trust, Power/Fear, Successful Deception (80% believe)

45 PPE | DB13 120 | 149.00 min | 500 M.D.C., EBA, Fly 350 mph, 1/2 damage from magic and M.D. cold, heat/fire/plasma attacks. -5% physical skills -10% to delicate touch skills

25 PPE | 6.50 min | Impervious to Cold, Fire, Energy, Disease, Poisons, Toxins, Gases, and Drugs. 50 M.D.C. force field. +10 vs Magic, Psionics, HF

30 PPE | 7.00 min | 6000' | +4 strike less than 100', +1 Strike if greater | 18d6+60 M.D.

Talisman | 74.00 min | Undetectable by psionics or magic. Includes Psi-Stalker/Dog boy or similar. No aura

Talisman |29.00 min | Organics using tech can save vs magic to see using natural vision.

4 PPE | 179.00 min | 600' in non magical darkness

3 PPE | 29.00 min | See license plate up to 2 miles away


P.B.: 22
M.A.: 26

The Lord Magi adjusts him aim as the smaller craft leaves the transport and the Kydian in red armor flies out, firing his bolts at the sled. The impact of the Red Power Lord's body block sends him flying back. He reorients himself and sees the sled go down but the Power Lords fly away. "Damnit! I had hoped they would have crashed with their vehicle," Grant says to himself.

With the Red Power Lord nearby, he quickly casts two spells. Grant first casts Thunderclap (4 PPE | BOM 93 | Save vs HF 8 | +5 Init, +1 Strike/Parry/Dodge) to gain the upper-hand. He rockets upward (400'). Then he follows up with Blinding Flash (3 PPE | BOM 91 | 480' to a 10' radius | Save vs Magic 16+ | Failed Save: -10 Strike/Parry/Dodge for 1d4 rounds).

Grant doesn't wait to see if the Red Power Lord was affected but continues heading upward intent on kiting all three of the Power Lords. His mind flashes to the hazy memory of speaking to a man about space magic and the capabilities of the Cosmic Armor spell. 'The spell will work in an atmosphere at reduced level, it's meant for space. But the spell is powerful enough to reach orbit if you really wanted.'

Grant fires his lightning blasts (6000' range) downward while flying upward (350 mph - 770' action). If the Red Power Lord goes down, he switches to the other Power Lords.

APM: 10 (11 with Magic)
Initiative: 1d20+11: [14]+11 = 25 (includes +5 after Thunderclap)
Critical Strike: 18-20 or from behind
  1. Cast Thunderclap
  2. Fly upward Dodge: 1d20+3: [20]+3 = 23
  3. Cast Blinding Flash
  4. Fly upward, strike Red Power Lord with Lightning Arc (add +3 if within 100') 1d20+1: [8]+1 = 9 , Damage 18d6+60: [4, 1, 6, 3, 1, 1, 3, 4, 5, 4, 6, 6, 1, 6, 2, 4, 2, 4]+60 = 123 M.D.
  5. Fly upward, strike Red Power Lord with Lightning Arc (add +3 if within 100') 1d20+1: [16]+1 = 17 , Damage 18d6+60: [1, 4, 3, 2, 2, 1, 4, 3, 2, 5, 3, 6, 3, 6, 6, 1, 4, 4]+60 = 120 M.D.
  6. Fly upward, strike Red Power Lord with Lightning Arc (add +3 if within 100') 1d20+1: [19]+1 = 20 , Damage 18d6+60: [6, 4, 2, 5, 6, 4, 3, 5, 6, 6, 2, 1, 1, 3, 2, 1, 5, 5]+60 = 127 M.D.
  7. Fly upward, strike Red Power Lord with Lightning Arc (add +3 if within 100') 1d20+1: [13]+1 = 14 , Damage 18d6+60: [1, 5, 3, 3, 3, 2, 4, 6, 5, 1, 4, 6, 3, 1, 1, 1, 4, 3]+60 = 116 M.D.
  8. Fly upward, strike Red Power Lord with Lightning Arc (add +3 if within 100') 1d20+1: [2]+1 = 3 , Damage 18d6+60: [2, 3, 4, 4, 5, 2, 3, 1, 5, 5, 2, 5, 2, 4, 3, 2, 3, 1]+60 = 116 M.D.
  9. Fly upward, strike Red Power Lord with Lightning Arc (add +3 if within 100') 1d20+1: [11]+1 = 12 , Damage 18d6+60: [6, 5, 6, 5, 4, 2, 3, 1, 1, 6, 6, 5, 2, 3, 6, 3, 6, 6]+60 = 136 M.D.
  10. Fly upward, strike Red Power Lord with Lightning Arc (add +3 if within 100') 1d20+1: [4]+1 = 5 , Damage 18d6+60: [3, 6, 1, 4, 5, 5, 3, 2, 1, 1, 5, 4, 2, 1, 5, 4, 5, 2]+60 = 119 M.D.
  11. Fly upward, strike Red Power Lord with Lightning Arc (add +3 if within 100') 1d20+1: [5]+1 = 6 , Damage 18d6+60: [1, 2, 3, 1, 1, 3, 1, 6, 3, 3, 5, 1, 3, 4, 3, 3, 6, 4]+60 = 113 M.D.
Contingency:

If it looks like the Power Lords are impervious to energy. He will focus on gaining altitude to get out of range of their weapons so he can decide next round what he can do.

Will Cast Armor Bizarre if Cosmic Armor is destroyed and/or retreat if needed.

Dodge/Parry(+3/+9): 10d20: [10, 13, 15, 19, 7, 1, 5, 11, 10, 18] = 109
Save vs Magic/Psionics/HF (+17/+10/+15): 10d20: [8, 11, 1, 15, 7, 7, 9, 20, 1, 19] = 98
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record
Info
M.D.C.: 97/[color=#FF00000]97[/color] • P.P.E.: 656/656 • I.S.P.: 94/94 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 89% | 100mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 99% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 1500mi • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Keiko
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

Re: Torment

Post by Keiko »

Perception: 1d100: [52] = 52 /40%
JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13 ; 1d100: [46] = 46
Active Effects
  • Dimensional Attenuation: 150 Miles
  • Excellent hearing and smell
  • Sixth Sense
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Energy Sphere | 120 PPE | BOM 120 | 38 days | 84 P.P.E./500 M.D.C.
  • Fighting Spirit: +2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 8 Minutes
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 60 min | 250 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy
  • See the invisible; 240 feet; Duration 5 minutes

Keiko smiles as her shots strike true, "Great driving Barracuda. Couple more shots should bring it down. If this works then drinks are on You when we get back." Keiko smirks as keeps up her fire on the large ship's thrusters. Come on we got this. If not then the future could be irreparably damaged. I could not imagine a world where I didn't meet Devon. I will not lose those times.

Combat:

APM: 8

Init: 1d20+8: [15]+8 = 23
Invincible Armor: 77/250
Invincible Armor Regen Roll: 1d6: [3] = 3
AOI: 50/50

Actions1-3: NEMA PR-470 "Hot Seat" Plasma Rifle Aimed Called shot at whatever is keeping the transport airborne: 1d20+9: [15]+9 = 24 ; Damage: 6d6: [4, 5, 2, 4, 5, 3] = 23
Actions 4-6: NEMA PR-470 "Hot Seat" Plasma Rifle Aimed Called shot at whatever is keeping the transport airborne: 1d20+9: [8]+9 = 17 ; Damage: 6d6: [2, 4, 2, 4, 6, 5] = 23
Actions 6-8: NEMA PR-470 "Hot Seat" Plasma Rifle Aimed shot at whatever is keeping the transport airborne: 1d20+9: [17]+9 = 26 ; Damage: 6d6: [2, 6, 2, 4, 3, 1] = 18

Auto-Dodge: 1d20+10: [11]+10 = 21 ; 1d20+10: [8]+10 = 18 ; 1d20+10: [5]+10 = 15 ; 1d20+10: [3]+10 = 13 ; 1d20+10: [12]+10 = 22 ; 1d20+10: [5]+10 = 15 ; 1d20+10: [7]+10 = 17 ; 1d20+10: [20]+10 = 30

Contingencies:
- If thrown from the vehicle for any reason Roll w/ impact: 1d20+7: [18]+7 = 25
Keiko

P.P.E.: 110/110
I.S.P.: 35/35
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 86/86
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
Helmet - 40/40
Left Arm 20/20
Right Arm 20/20
Right Leg 30/30
Left Leg 30/30
Main Body - 60/60
Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
Posts: 608
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Torment

Post by Ronith »

JIC: 1d20: [15] = 15 , 1d100: [71] = 71
PER: 1d100: [99] = 99 vs. 94% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)

Conditions:
Applies to anyone who directs an attack at Ronith: +2 strike and parry, +1 dodge. Opponents lose all machine-provided bonuses, -1 APM, -4 strike Ronith, -2 to dodge Ronith’s attacks.
,
RPA Pilots: Inexperienced operators (levels 1-3) cannot use sensors at all, lose two attacks every time they try to figure out what’s going on. Experienced operators lose one attack and have a -40% penalty.
,
34m30s, 92% skill, 120ft. range, can pinpoint exact number and location of all sentient beings.
,
+2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 6.0 Minutes
,
17m45s, can hide in shadows 5+ ft tall, +15% to prowl, attackers -5 to hit.
,
59.0 min | 50 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy
,
280ft. area, 46m30s, can track supernatural evil and pinpoint number of sources (1, 2-6, 7-14, 15+)
,
24m00s, +1 APM, +2 PP [+1 s/p/d], +3 initiative, +1 strike, +2 parry/dodge, +15% on physical skills that rely on coordination or balance.


Save vs. HF- 1d20+17: [19]+17 = 36 (vs. 15)

Once he sees the civilians, Ronith will not hesitate to board the transport and attempt a rescue. Feeling a bit more at ease as he leaves the area of the anti-magic cloud and his beneficial magics reassert themselves, Ronith nonetheless remains cautious as he moves through the ship. He is brought up short when he spots an actual, honest-to-goodness Splugorth on the dais. Ronith quickly takes a moment to hunker down and plan his next move. The civilians must be the priority. But slaying that monster could save many lives. Ronith will try to keep quiet and unnoticed as he frees those civilians that he can- directing them to the cargo area if he spotted anything they could use to fly off of the ship. Then, he will position himself for a strike on the main room, with the Splugorth in it. He will concentrate briefly to enhance his speed and reflexes ((-10 ISP)), ready Frostfang, and charge.

As he attacks, Ronith’s goal will be to overwhelm and dispatch the minions- particularly the magic-users- as quickly as possible. While he’s at it, any free actions will be devoted to freeing those humans that will survive it from the machines that are torturing them. Anyone that needs actual medical care will, unfortunately, need to wait until the cyber-knight has dealt with the greater threat. Once he’s freed those humans that he can, Ronith will try to keep the Splugorth off-balance long enough for the humans to escape, then try a tactical withdrawal to the room with the explosives.

Initiative: 1d20+17: [17]+17 = 34
APM: 11

Attack 1: Enhance reflexes.
Attack 2: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+27: [10]+27 = 37 to strike, 1d6*22: [2]*22 = 44
Attack 3: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+27: [2]+27 = 29 to strike, 1d6*22: [1]*22 = 22
Attack 4: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+27: [2]+27 = 29 to strike, 1d6*22: [6]*22 = 132
Attack 5: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+27: [9]+27 = 36 to strike, 1d6*22: [4]*22 = 88
Attack 6: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+27: [11]+27 = 38 to strike, 1d6*22: [1]*22 = 22
Attack 7: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+27: [10]+27 = 37 to strike, 1d6*22: [3]*22 = 66
Attack 8: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+27: [11]+27 = 38 to strike, 1d6*22: [4]*22 = 88
Attack 9: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+27: [17]+27 = 44 to strike, 1d6*22: [6]*22 = 132
Attack 10: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+27: [16]+27 = 43 to strike, 1d6*22: [1]*22 = 22
Attack 11: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+27: [5]+27 = 32 to strike, 1d6*22: [1]*22 = 22

Auto-parries: 1d20+32: [18]+32 = 50 , 1d20+32: [8]+32 = 40 , 1d20+32: [3]+32 = 35 , 1d20+32: [1]+32 = 33 , 1d20+32: [6]+32 = 38 , 1d20+32: [17]+32 = 49 , 1d20+32: [9]+32 = 41 , 1d20+32: [5]+32 = 37 , 1d20+32: [4]+32 = 36 , 1d20+32: [14]+32 = 46 , 1d20+32: [17]+32 = 49
Auto-dodges: 1d20+15: [11]+15 = 26 , 1d20+15: [4]+15 = 19 , 1d20+15: [11]+15 = 26 , 1d20+15: [12]+15 = 27 , 1d20+15: [15]+15 = 30 , 1d20+15: [17]+15 = 32 , 1d20+15: [13]+15 = 28 , 1d20+15: [19]+15 = 34 , 1d20+15: [18]+15 = 33 , 1d20+15: [19]+15 = 34 , 1d20+15: [11]+15 = 26
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent)
| BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
ISP- 71/91; PPE- 47/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
Frostfang Heals: 3/4. Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (1/3); Cleanse (3/3)
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 276
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Torment

Post by Weiss »

Perception 1d100<56: [2*] = 1
jic 1d100: [6] = 6 1d20: [7] = 7

Spying both the bio handprint and the dead Kydian, he sighs as he realises what he needs to do. Drawing his sword and placing his foot on the nearest arm, he slashes down, severing the hand.

"Lovely," he says, picking it up and holding it against the panel. As the fields go down, he shouts to the prisoners, "Everyone, get out of the fire, grab weapons and stay in cover. You are still in the middle of a warzone. I will go out first and cover you. The Giant robot is on our side!"

With that, he heads back out of the transport, shooting any nearby enemies who are interested in this position, notably the ones giving Gunner and the Beauty trouble.

If the Beauty is somehow still standing, Weiss radios "Get the Beauty out of here before she gives out. "

APM 6
Initiative 1d20+1: [12]+1 = 13
Attack 1 speak to prisoners
Attack 2 Move out of transport
Attack 3 shoot Kydians 1d20+4: [13]+4 = 17 1d4*10: [2]*10 = 20
Attack 4 shoot Kydians 1d20+4: [5]+4 = 9 1d4*10: [3]*10 = 30
Attack 5 shoot Kydians 1d20+4: [18]+4 = 22 1d4*10: [2]*10 = 20
Attack 6 shoot Kydians 1d20+4: [4]+4 = 8 1d4*10: [4]*10 = 40

If hitting the Kydians looks like he needs to make aimed shots
Aimed shots 1d20+8: [12]+8 = 20 1d4*10: [3]*10 = 30 1d20+8: [11]+8 = 19 1d4*10: [3]*10 = 30
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Ashlynn
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 285
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Torment

Post by Ashlynn »

(rolls carried over)

As Gunnar squares off against the Kydians, Weiss' message breaks through over comms.
Weiss wrote:"Get the Beauty out of here before she gives out. "
If I move outta this spot... Weiss and those people he's saving will lose their only protector. Still... I'm of now use to anyone if this robot gets scrapped.

After a brief moment of thought, Gunnar merely radios "Roger that, Weiss. Covering our exit back toward your friends the cat lady and the prince."

With that, Gunnar pilots the Blue Beauty into a fighting retreat, targeting the enemy that are in between he and Weiss' position, and Barracuda and Keiko's.

He attempts to retreat more or less slowly, giving the freed humans a chance to use the moving cover he's providing, while using the Blue Beauty's remaining guns to push back toward the relative safety behind what's left of the NEMA lines, focusing fire on any enemy that stand in the way of the retreat.
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Torment

Post by Barracuda »

Perception: 1d100: [71] = 71 /43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20: [16] = 16 / 1d100: [68] = 68
Pilot Automobile: 1d100: [40] = 40 /76%


Barracuda tries to keep the jeep as steady as possible on top of the ice, underneath the transport. "You'd think they'd take the keys with them!" He keeps the jeep in a position where Keiko can aim at the thrusters above them. He continues to stay on a steady course until something gets in his way, then he'll yell out "Turning!"
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
Ledger
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
Posts: 383
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Torment

Post by Virtus »

Conditions
Time: Day 12, 6:33am (pre-dawn, no moon visible)
Temperature: -10 F
Visibility: 1000ft (haze)
Wind: 25mph out of the Northwest
Snow: 28"
Radio Traffic: heavy interference, heavy traffic.
Magic Use: Anti Magic Cloud present. nexus rules in effect. Supernatural evil is detectable within 500ft and all will sense it within the scope of time.
Several Nexus Present within 5 miles and a super nexus. Ley Line storm present (assume Grant will use his magic to suppress)
Open Rifts within 1 mile
MAP

Gunnar launches missiles on the fixed position heavy weapon but go far astray. Suddenly an angry red light appears on the screen warning "a fatal error has been detected. Targeting computer rebooting" as the missile system reboots. He switches to the lasers, taking aim at those at the closer rise. They peak out taking quick shots at Blue. Gunnar tries to zig, but they zagged and Blue is struck. (-15 MDC). Several other shots go wide. The targeting computer comes back up. This time Gunnar's aim is on the closer threat. The missile arcs high overhead and descends from almost directly overhead, landing on the rise 300 ft away with an explosion. The Kydians are flung out of their position. Once they regain their feet, they find new cover. Just then, Gunnar notices the fire team repositioning the heavy weapon.

Image

Grant engages what he surmises to be the captain of these Powerlords. While the hover platform spiraled down to the ice covered river below, a total of three activated flight on their armor, including the Red Powerlord. An ear splitting thunderclap seemingly deafens it but perhaps a slow reaction to the first enabled it to avoid being blinded.

The Magus then unleashes a spectacle of lighting. He races upward with blistering speed, the powerlords on his heels. As he flies upward, he sees more of those energy fields forming, but he dodges the ones that appear. It is then more lightning bolts appear from the clouds around them, targeting on Grant, which are ineffective due to his invulnerability. Even so, the Magus' strikes are staggering. The Red Powerlord's armor of Ithan blows away in the first hit. He puts up another, which is also blow away, but keeps him occupied. Finally it and its allies touch a gem on their armor and the next lightning seems to no longer affect it or the other power lords. They are high up and still moving. Grant's intention of kiting the Powerlords away has been very successful.

Image

Keiko lands several shots on the transport as the jeep bounces as Barracuda pushes the Jeep for all its got. She sees a vehicle, some sort of hover platform, falling from the sky. When the platform hits the frozen river, it explodes and causes the ice to break, flipping over massive chunks of the frozen river, nearly sending the vehicle into the freezing water under the ice. Barracuda and Keiko feel the jeep shift as it races along in the now shifting river. The ice groans and tips back and forth as they race along. Fortunately the Princes' skills are up the task. As she fires on the transport the sky opens up in lightning as overlords and the Magus shoot up into the clouds above. Nothing is seen of them other than the lightshow. Keiko sees smoke come from one of the lower engines before switching to the next. She sees the transport list to one side. She thinks 3 more of those thrusters may be enough to force the transport down. The ice begins to split. ((3 more driving rolls)) Large sheets of ice flip and are shoved towards the jeep (2 vehicular dodge rolls)).

Image

Image

Ronith focuses his mind and marshals enhanced performance from his body. Then, throwing sanity to the wind, he rushes in. There in the room, he sees the High Lord immediately close by. Beyond is the terror of a Splugorth. Instantly the High Lord positions itself between Ronith and the Splugorth, errecting a translucent shield between the two. The lesser minions are surprised and unprotected. In a terrifying display of speed, he removes the heads of three of the minions heads, then severs the restraints. The humans scream, some beg for help as they can sense Ronith's character. The Splugorth minions fold under Ronith's assault. Some of the humans are helping others. Some are unable to move on their own, being drug back. Ronith's directions guide them towards the cargo area where the gash is. Ronith can see several more shapes appearing on the other side of the translucent shield. No doubt the High Lord and the Splugorth are taking a moment to prepare overwhelming force on the intruder. No doubt they are on the edge of unleashing hell on Ronith as he drives the survivors into the cargo area with the explosives and joins them there. There is one more of the hover sleds that the other Powerlords took. There are roughly 20 humans now in the cargo area. The sled could potentially hold 10 people and the bike tethered outside the ship can hold perhaps 3. Among the humans there are people who can operate either. That still leaves 7 others. Ronith knows they only have moments before whatever plan the Splugorth has hatched will be executed.

Image

Wiess directs the survivors outside. Picking up a weapon of his own, he takes up a position near Blue and takes advantage of the opportunity provided when Gunnar strikes the rise where the nearer overlords are. 4 quick shots shred the nearest overlord as it falls. Blue moves with the survivors towards NEMA lines. They run into an overlord unit as they move south, but then turn towards the west, but in the fire Blue gets hit. (-24 M.D.C) However they just make the lines, survivors carrying the injured. The lines are just more of damaged robots, power armor and vehicles as well as ice and other terrain. Everyone takes cover.

Image
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 490
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Torment

Post by Grant Latham »

New Perception: 78% vs 1d100: [76] = 76
JIC: 1d20: [15] = 15 , 1d100: [43] = 43
Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • Sense Ley Line: 89%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 99%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 150mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 97/97
  • I.S.P.: 94/94
  • P.P.E.: 328/656
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
4 PPE | BOM 93 | Appears +3 lvls, +1d4+2 M.A. Psionic See Aura will see truth. Magic See Aura will fluctuate

10 PPE | BOM 99 | 480' radius | 44.00 min | +8 P.B. Friendship/Trust, Power/Fear, Successful Deception (80% believe)

45 PPE | DB13 120 | 148.75 min | 500 M.D.C., EBA, Fly 350 mph, 1/2 damage from magic and M.D. cold, heat/fire/plasma attacks. -5% physical skills -10% to delicate touch skills

25 PPE | 6.25 min | Impervious to Cold, Fire, Energy, Disease, Poisons, Toxins, Gases, and Drugs. 50 M.D.C. force field. +10 vs Magic, Psionics, HF

30 PPE | 6.75 min | 6000' | +4 strike less than 100', +1 Strike if greater | 12
OOC Comments
d6+60 M.D.

Talisman | 73.75 min | Undetectable by psionics or magic. Includes Psi-Stalker/Dog boy or similar. No aura

Talisman |28.75 min | Organics using tech can save vs magic to see using natural vision.

4 PPE | 178.75 min | 600' in non magical darkness

3 PPE | 28.75 min | See license plate up to 2 miles away


P.B.: 22
M.A.: 26

Land Navigation: 110% vs 1d100: [43] = 43 | Maintain distance, speed, and direction between transport and Kydians
Math, Advanced: 124% vs 1d100: [77] = 77 | Maintain distance, speed, and direction between transport and Kydians

Grants mind races faster than his body as he flies back and forth ahead of the Power Lords. They are no longer vulnerable to the lightning, but the transport is. I've got to stay within range of the transport, but far enough away from the Kydians to avoid their incapacitating powers. He does some quick calculations in his head, I want to stay within 5000' of the transport and about 4000' feet ahead of my three tails. He swings in a large loop around the transport.
Speed Note
Grant at max speed should be able to move 7700' in 15 seconds vs the Power Lords 1100'. He's probably not moving that fast, but should still have air superiority to the power lords and transport to be able to keep his distance.
"What are you going to do now?" he says to the Kydians (but really to the wind) as he fires a trio of blasts at the transport. He pauses in attacking the transport and readies another spell, Throwing Stones (BOM p95 | 5 PPE | 6 rounds | 4800' | 3d6+30 M.D. | +2 to Strike, -4 to Parry). Normally a weak spell used by new mages, here at the super nexus it should pack quite a punch, and a physical one at that. A magical stone materializes in his hand and he throws it towards the Red Power Lord (switching targets if he goes down). He fires one more electrical blast at the transport between his thrown stones.

Lightning Arc Damage
I had the Lightning Arc damage wrong, it should be 4d6+20 * 3 and not 6d6+20*3. Corrected in this post.
APM: 10 (11 with Magic)
Initiative: 1d20+6: [14]+6 = 20
Critical Strike: 18-20 or from behind

  1. Do some math and Dodge back towards the transport. 1d20+3: [19]+3 = 22
  2. Fly around transport, strike transport with Lightning Arc (add +3 if within 100') 1d20+1: [7]+1 = 8 , Damage 12d6+60: [6, 6, 2, 3, 5, 2, 6, 3, 4, 6, 6, 4]+60 = 113 M.D.
  3. Fly around transport, strike transport with Lightning Arc (add +3 if within 100') 1d20+1: [17]+1 = 18 , Damage 12d6+60: [2, 1, 3, 4, 5, 4, 1, 4, 6, 1, 5, 2]+60 = 98 M.D.
  4. Fly around transport, strike transport with Lightning Arc (add +3 if within 100') 1d20+1: [2]+1 = 3 , Damage 12d6+60: [4, 4, 3, 4, 2, 2, 3, 2, 2, 1, 1, 3]+60 = 91 M.D.
  5. Cast Throwing Stones
  6. Fly around transport, srike Red Power Lord with Throwing Stones 1d20+2: [10]+2 = 12 , Damage 3d6+30: [2, 1, 5]+30 = 38 M.D.
  7. Fly around transport, srike Red Power Lord with Throwing Stones 1d20+2: [8]+2 = 10 , Damage 3d6+30: [6, 4, 6]+30 = 46 M.D.
  8. Fly around transport, srike Red Power Lord with Throwing Stones 1d20+2: [16]+2 = 18 , Damage 3d6+30: [3, 2, 3]+30 = 38 M.D.
  9. Fly around transport, strike transport with Lightning Arc (add +3 if within 100') 1d20+1: [10]+1 = 11 , Damage 12d6+60: [5, 3, 2, 3, 5, 5, 2, 2, 4, 3, 5, 3]+60 = 102 M.D.
  10. Fly around transport, srike Red Power Lord with Throwing Stones 1d20+2: [1]+2 = 3 , Damage 3d6+30: [3, 6, 2]+30 = 41 M.D.
  11. Fly around transport, srike Red Power Lord with Throwing Stones 1d20+2: [4]+2 = 6 , Damage 3d6+30: [1, 3, 5]+30 = 39 M.D.
Contingency:

Will Cast Armor Bizarre if Cosmic Armor is destroyed and/or retreat if needed.

Will use dodges if a power lord gets within range of their Energy Field, Magic Net, or other short range attacks designed to capture

Dodge/Parry(+3/+9): 10d20: [20, 16, 10, 19, 2, 13, 12, 20, 7, 19] = 138
Save vs Magic/Psionics/HF (+17/+10/+15): 10d20: [5, 4, 15, 16, 11, 15, 4, 17, 7, 6] = 100
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record
Info
M.D.C.: 97/[color=#FF00000]97[/color] • P.P.E.: 656/656 • I.S.P.: 94/94 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 89% | 100mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 99% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 1500mi • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Ashlynn
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 285
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Torment

Post by Ashlynn »

Perception: 47% 1d100: [41] = 41

JIC: 1d20: [16] = 16
JIC: 1d100: [54] = 54

As Gunnar retreats with the released prisoners and Weiss, he almost feels the damage Blue takes as the Kydians fire. "Damn!" And again. "Damn!!"

He provides a physical shield with Blue as the survivors make for the defensive line, and, like them, he hunkers Blue down behind it as much as he can.

Missile targeting system rebooting - I can take a quick moment and try again to unjam the railgun...

Weapons Engineer--81% 1d100: [79] = 79 (Success-ish)

"Weiss - While I'm behind cover I'm gonna quickly try to unjam the railgun so I can provide covering fire!"

As Gunnar works, he keeps an eye on the Beauty's sensors, and if anything seems like it's trying to target him, he will juke the steering to dodge before returning to the task.

If at any point he gets the railgun unjammed, he will resume firing on the Kydians from his position of cover.

Initiative: 1d20+2: [20]+2 = 22 (Nat. 20!)

APM: 8
Action 1: Take defensive position
Action 2: Try to unjam the railgun
Action 3: Reserved for Dodge
Contingent Action 3: Strike (railgun) 1d20+5: [1]+5 = 6 (Nat1! - hopefully he doesn't have the railgun unjammed yet LOLOL *dies*); Damage 1d6*10: [1]*10 = 10 M.D.
Action 4: Reserved for Dodge
Contingent Action 4: Dual Blast, Laser Turret 1d20+5: [2]+5 = 7 ; Damage 4d6: [1, 3, 4, 3] = 11 M.D.
Action 5: Reserved for Dodge
Contingent Action 5: Strike (railgun) 1d20+5: [12]+5 = 17 ; Damage 1d6*10: [5]*10 = 50 M.D.
Action 6: Reserved for Dodge
Contingent Action 6: Dual Blast, Laser Turret 1d20+5: [12]+5 = 17 ; Damage 4d6: [5, 1, 3, 4] = 13 M.D.
Action 7: Reserved for Dodge
Contingent Action 7: Strike (railgun) 1d20+5: [3]+5 = 8 ; Damage 1d6*10: [3]*10 = 30 M.D.
Action 8: Reserved for Dodge

Dodges (only if Blue Beauty is targeted): 3) 1d20+11: [13]+11 = 24 ; 4) 1d20+11: [10]+11 = 21 ; 5) 1d20+11: [18]+11 = 29 ; 6) 1d20+11: [10]+11 = 21 ; 7) 1d20+11: [18]+11 = 29 ; 8) 1d20+11: [17]+11 = 28
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
Posts: 608
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Torment

Post by Ronith »

JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 , 1d100: [92] = 92
PER: 1d100: [69] = 69 vs. 94% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)

Conditions:
Applies to anyone who directs an attack at Ronith: +2 strike and parry, +1 dodge. Opponents lose all machine-provided bonuses, -1 APM, -4 strike Ronith, -2 to dodge Ronith’s attacks.
,
RPA Pilots: Inexperienced operators (levels 1-3) cannot use sensors at all, lose two attacks every time they try to figure out what’s going on. Experienced operators lose one attack and have a -40% penalty.
,
34m15s, 92% skill, 120ft. range, can pinpoint exact number and location of all sentient beings.
,
+2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 5.75 Minutes
,
17m30s, can hide in shadows 5+ ft tall, +15% to prowl, attackers -5 to hit.
,
58.75 min | 50 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy
,
280ft. area, 46m15s, can track supernatural evil and pinpoint number of sources (1, 2-6, 7-14, 15+)
,
23m45s, +1 APM, +2 PP [+1 s/p/d], +3 initiative, +1 strike, +2 parry/dodge, +15% on physical skills that rely on coordination or balance.


Ronith grimaces to himself as he realizes that the two vehicles he can corral together won’t be enough to hold everyone. Still, he must do what he can, when he can. For starters, he sheathes his sword and quickly directs as many people as possible onto the two, then sends them off. Some of the humans have a chance to survive, anyway. Focusing what remains of his mental energies, Ronith summons all he can and with a quick comment that’s a little too fast to be as reassuring as intended ”Do not worry” uses telekinesis to haul at least three of the remaining humans that look to stand the best chance at surviving- Ronith will get each of the three targets (four if they’re underweight) to the ground quickly rather than gently, but he’ll try to cushion their impacts such that they aren’t injured by the fall. That should just leave three or four.

And, of course, the high-level Splugorth minions. Ronith shifts his attention to them next, and he begins arranging the KHEX explosives he saw where they can do the most damage to either the engines or the command room featuring the Splugorth itself. While he has no training in the use of explosives, Ronith has seen it done often enough, plus he has a crude plan to try and detonate them. Hopefully, anyway. Try though as I might, I doubt I can take down a High Lord and a Splugorth both, to say nothing of whatever horrors they summon during this delay. Best to save whoever I can and do as much damage as possible on the way out. The cyber-knight will have everyone move to the exit, and prepare to gather the humans up in a bear hug (hopefully not crushing them in the process). Then, he first tosses his goblin fire bomb at the KHEX, hoping that the magical fire will serve as a detonator, and at the same time gathers the remaining humans and leaps off of the flying transport. He will aim to take as much of the fall as possible on his exoskeleton-enhanced legs, letting go of everyone as gingerly as possible after he has dispersed most of the momentum of the fall through the impact/rolling with it. If at any point it looks like the cyber-knight won’t make it, he will get on the team’s comms frequency and say ”Barracuda.” A quick, almost furtive lick of his lips betrays his nervousness ”Corwin. There is a Splugorth on board the transport. I need to try and end it. Get the others home.”


Initiative: 1d20+17: [12]+17 = 29
APM: 11

Attack 1: Direct the evacuation, such as it is.
Attacks 2-5: Use telekinesis to send 3-4 people to the ground.
Attacks 6-7: Get explosives into position.
Attack 8: Grab the remaining humans in the gentlest yet most secure bear hug that he can.
Attack 9: Goblin bomb: 1d20+6: [4]+6 = 10 to strike, 4d6: [1, 6, 2, 3] = 12 MD to a 6’ area, 1d100<80: [56*] = 1 chance of combustion
Attack 10: Jump!
Attack 11: Roll with fall- 1d20+22: [11]+22 = 33

Auto-parries: 1d20+32: [6]+32 = 38 , 1d20+32: [15]+32 = 47 , 1d20+32: [11]+32 = 43 , 1d20+32: [4]+32 = 36 , 1d20+32: [18]+32 = 50 , 1d20+32: [4]+32 = 36 , 1d20+32: [5]+32 = 37 , 1d20+32: [3]+32 = 35 , 1d20+32: [18]+32 = 50 , 1d20+32: [1]+32 = 33 , 1d20+32: [3]+32 = 35
Auto-dodges: 1d20+15: [2]+15 = 17 , 1d20+15: [15]+15 = 30 , 1d20+15: [20]+15 = 35 , 1d20+15: [8]+15 = 23 , 1d20+15: [16]+15 = 31 , 1d20+15: [8]+15 = 23 , 1d20+15: [7]+15 = 22 , 1d20+15: [20]+15 = 35 , 1d20+15: [12]+15 = 27 , 1d20+15: [13]+15 = 28 , 1d20+15: [19]+15 = 34
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent)
| BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
ISP- 71/91; PPE- 47/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
Frostfang Heals: 3/4. Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (1/3); Cleanse (3/3)
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 276
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Torment

Post by Weiss »

Perception 1d100<56: [64] = 0
jic 1d100: [46] = 46 1d20: [11] = 11

Putting down the Overlord kept them safe for now, but even in cover, they were still too exposed. He radios Gunner as he lets Weiss know that he is trying to unblock the railgun jam. The catastrophic damage the Beauty had suffered was playing havoc with her systems.

"Stop attracting attention and hunker down. If you have to fight, expose only the head and arms as they have more armour left. Weiss gives the benefit of his experience, "Plot a safe route for civilians to get back to NEMA lines and another to get the Beauty back to the camp. One more hit and she's a gonner. Right now, priority is get these people to safety and avoid combat. "

"Everyone, we take a breather for a moment before making a run for NEMA lines." he says to the prisoners, "hopefully not too far now

As they hunker down and regroup for a moment, Weiss inspects the various robots and power armour for anything usable, hopefully identify them and if possible hotwire one for use.

APM 6
initiative 1d20+1: [17]+1 = 18
Attack 1 Speak to Gunner
Attacks 2-6 Inspect the damaged vehicles, robots, power armour for one or more that is functional.
Robot Mechanics 1d100<59: [63] = 0
Mechanical Engineer 1d100<64: [11*] = 1
Hotwire Robot Vehicles & Power Armor: 1d100<81%: [92] = 0
Fanatic Robophile 1d100<91%: [81*] = 1

If any minions attack, Weiss will return fire with the Particle Beam Rifle
fire plasma rifle 1d20+5: [6]+5 = 11 1d4*10: [4]*10 = 40
1d20+5: [20]+5 = 25 1d4*10: [2]*10 = 20 critical 50MDC due to Particle Beam
1d20+5: [2]+5 = 7 1d4*10: [3]*10 = 30
1d20+5: [18]+5 = 23 1d4*10: [3]*10 = 30
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Keiko
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

Re: Torment

Post by Keiko »

Perception: 1d100: [4] = 4 /40%
JIC: 1d20: [16] = 16 ; 1d100: [49] = 49

Active Effects
  • Dimensional Attenuation: 150 Miles
  • Excellent hearing and smell
  • Sixth Sense
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Energy Sphere | 120 PPE | BOM 120 | 38 days | 84 P.P.E./500 M.D.C.
  • Fighting Spirit: +2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 8 Minutes
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 60 min | 250 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy
  • See the invisible; 240 feet; Duration 5 minutes
Keiko, intently focused on shooting the engines, barely notices the ice sheets heading for the vehicle. Barracuda has those handled. She keeps her focus on the engines to bring down the transport as quickly as possible. Keiko will focus on the thrusters on the side the transport is listing to. If Keiko can unbalance the ship it might accelerate it's decent if the pilot loses control.


Combat:

APM: 8

Init: 1d20+8: [11]+8 = 19
Invincible Armor: 83/250
Invincible Armor Regen Roll: 1d6: [6] = 6
AOI: 50/50

Actions1-3: NEMA PR-470 "Hot Seat" Plasma Rifle Aimed Called shot at whatever is keeping the transport airborne: 1d20+9: [3]+9 = 12 ; Damage: 6d6: [3, 3, 3, 5, 5, 2] = 21
Action 4: Reload Rifle
Actions: 5-6: NEMA PR-470 "Hot Seat" Plasma Rifle Aimed shot at whatever is keeping the transport airborne: 1d20+9: [2]+9 = 11 ; Damage: 6d6: [2, 5, 5, 3, 4, 6] = 25
Actions 7-8: NEMA PR-470 "Hot Seat" Plasma Rifle Aimed shot at whatever is keeping the transport airborne: 1d20+9: [17]+9 = 26 ; Damage: 6d6: [1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 1] = 12

Auto-Dodge: 1d20+10: [10]+10 = 20 ; 1d20+10: [13]+10 = 23 ; 1d20+10: [3]+10 = 13 ; 1d20+10: [10]+10 = 20 ; 1d20+10: [1]+10 = 11 ; 1d20+10: [12]+10 = 22 ; 1d20+10: [7]+10 = 17 ; 1d20+10: [7]+10 = 17

Contingencies:
- If thrown from the vehicle for any reason Roll w/ impact: 1d20+7: [17]+7 = 24
Keiko

P.P.E.: 110/110
I.S.P.: 35/35
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 86/86
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
Helmet - 40/40
Left Arm 20/20
Right Arm 20/20
Right Leg 30/30
Left Leg 30/30
Main Body - 60/60
Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Torment

Post by Barracuda »

Perception: 1d100: [94] = 94 /43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4 / 1d100: [54] = 54

Pilot: Automobile: 1d100: [9] = 9 1d100: [22] = 22 1d100: [73] = 73 /78%
Automobile Dodge: 1d20: [20] = 20 1d20: [11] = 11

Ice sheets?! Oh shit, I do NOT have this under control! Shit, shit, shit, shit...

Barracuda focuses entirely on driving, blocking out all other input at the moment. Fast and ice are a bad combo, so he tries to keep his path as straight as possible, to avoid crashing or ending up below the ice.I'm not sure if whatever kinda cat Keiko is can swim, but I don't want to find out!
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
Ledger
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
Posts: 383
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Torment

Post by Virtus »

Conditions
Time: Day 12, 6:33am (pre-dawn, no moon visible)
Temperature: -10 F
Visibility: 1000ft (haze)
Wind: 25mph out of the Northwest
Snow: 28"
Radio Traffic: heavy interference, heavy traffic.
Magic Use: Anti Magic Cloud present. nexus rules in effect. Supernatural evil is detectable within 500ft and all will sense it within the scope of time.
Several Nexus Present within 5 miles and a super nexus. Ley Line storm present (assume Grant will use his magic to suppress)
Open Rifts within 1 mile

Grant's ruse works better than expected as the Kydians simply cannot keep up with him. The Magus' attacks on the ship are devastating, but he also is aware that magic is being used to repair the ship as he strikes, though it's not as fast as he delivers damage. When he turns on the red powerlord, his first two attack shatter the magic field it had up, while the following shot hits it, blowing off some armor. It touches another gem on the armor which beings another field into view for a second as Grant's follow shot strikes it. The powerlords split up, trying to catch Grant as he circles.

Image

Barracuda cuts the wheel wildly back and forth and the huge ice sheets crash down around them. The jeep pitches wildly, threatening to roll but he keeps it in check. One massive chunk of ice rockets up through the ice upon which they speed. He cuts the wheel sharply as the jeep skids into the new impediment with a crash, but careens off and keeps going. Both in the jeep can feel a new wobble however. The steering wheel wobbles violently, but so far it's still driving ((A mechanics roll will help identify the issue. Another piloting roll as well)).

Image

Keiko rolls back and forth with the jeep, trying to keep her aim. Just as a she draws a bead she's slung to the left and then to the right. The first two shots hit the transport but not the location she wanted. Redoubling her efforts, she draws a half breath before firing a third time, which lands on it's target. The second lift jet on the right side begins smoking.

Weiss shouts urgent orders back to Gunnar to keep ol Blue alive. Resourceful, he searches around frantically for a viable candidate. Several partially damaged power armors are seen. Some with their motionless occupants still inside. What catches his eye however a massive pile of hard armor. Drawing close it's a massive robot in dimension laying on its side. Roughly 10 ft taller than blue and almost twice as wide. IF Weiss approaches:
OOC Comments
It has taken a bit of damage, but as Weiss approaches it sounds as if the reactor exhaust is still blowing. The hatch looks to have been ripped off. If Weiss risks a glimpse inside, it has the strong coppery smell of blood but the screens are still on. One dead pilot lays against a bulkhead, their blood strewn about the cockpit. The body is easily removed if so desired. Otherwise the controls seem straight forward and there is more than a passing similarity to the UAR controls.
Image

Ronith ushers everyone onto the available vehicles to get them out. Fortunately a few of the survivors had the training to operate the vehicles, the superior Splugorth tech was intrinsically easy to operate. The hoverbike pulls away, leaving Ronith and the three other survivors as the ship lists hard to port as Keiko's shot took out one of the hoverjets. He gathers them up, ready to leap out of the ship when the door separating the cargo area and passenger compartments opens and a translucent wall appears, block Ronith's escape route. The cyber-knight sees a high inquisitor standing in the doorway with several powerlords at its side. The Splugorth can be seen in the distance with a perceiving eye, watching Ronith and the other survivors. "Lord Hynthyrop has not given you permission to leave. You've only just arrived after all." it says with Malice in its voice. It takes in Ronith's unique appearance and realizes he's not of this world. "Who are you?!" it asks, perplexed. Ronith send an urgent message to Barracuda via the radio.
”Barracuda.” A quick, almost furtive lick of his lips betrays his nervousness ”Corwin. There is a Splugorth on board the transport. I need to try and end it. Get the others home.”
he says as he prepares to face off against this foe.

Image

Gunnar finds cover with Blue. He spins his seat and find the manual control to cycle the mag round carrier, mashing the button ferociously. He hears the satisfying whir of more flechettes loading. Victorious, targets another Kydian from his cover and fires the railgun with another loud "Klang!" More red lights appear as a buzzer loudly complains of an issue. It's obvious to Gunnar that this robot was assembled on a Friday near quitting time. Using the laser turret, Gunnar risks a few shots, but takes great care. Return fire rains on the small hill where Blue is tucked. One strike manages to hit the laser turrent (-18 MDC) Still, the survivors make the safety of the NEMA lines. The UAR draws attention from the NEMA forces, but for the meantime no one attacks, likely assuming it to be some type of top secret weapon or at least not an enemy.

Image

The transport accelerates, black smoke pouring from the lift jets. Grant can keep up, but the jeep will be left behind in just a couple rounds.
User avatar
Ashlynn
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 285
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Torment

Post by Ashlynn »

Perception: 47% 1d100: [90] = 90

JIC: 1d20: [1] = 1
JIC: 1d100: [33] = 33

Gunnar shakes his head as the newly-repaired railgun jams again. What am I doing wrong? What am I missing? He keeps Blue Beauty hunkered down behind cover as he tries once more to fix the railgun.

Armor's damaged, gun's jammed... just lasers and missiles left, but if I lose main body armor I might as well be out in the open for all that'll do me.
Weiss wrote:"Stop attracting attention and hunker down. If you have to fight, expose only the head and arms as they have more armour left."
Stop attracting attention? I'm in a giant robot - what's he think, they're just gonna...

Gunnar's eyes light up. Ah. Gotcha.

"Roger that."

Gunnar "slumps" the Blue Beauty off to one side, to appear as if it is a discarded, perhaps pilotless, bot.

Maybe that'll give me a moment to think. He turns off any external lights, and focuses on fixing the railgun.

Weapons Engineer--81% 1d100: [38] = 38 (SUCCESS)

After looking at the Railgun, he'll see if there's anything he can do about the Blue Beauty's armor in a pinch - including scavenging MD armor from the battlefield and spot welding it into place as a temporary patch.

Armorer/Field Armorer--81% 1d100: [20] = 20 (SUCCESS)
Weiss wrote:"Plot a safe route for civilians to get back to NEMA lines and another to get the Beauty back to the camp. One more hit and she's a gonner. Right now, priority is get these people to safety and avoid combat. "
Gunnar scrunches his face in confusion. Hide or run? Can't do both. Lemme fix the gun and armor then I can plot a course for the refugees. Just... gimme a moment!

Gunnar replies, exhaustion in his voice. "Roger."

If he manages to repair the railgun and/or armor (or can't repair either), he'll work on finishing the evac of the refugees.

"All right folks, we're gonna make for the NEMA lines. Don't run in a straight line, and don't bunch up! Zig Zag!"

Initiative: 1d20+2: [8]+2 = 10

APM: 8
Action 1: cause Blue Beauty to "slump" & appear abandoned.
Action 2: Try to unjam the railgun
Action 3: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+11: [11]+11 = 22
Action 4: Try to field-repair some of the damaged armor
Action 5: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+11: [11]+11 = 22
Action 6: Plot course back behind NEMA lines
Action 7: Lead refugees, Dodge 1d20+11: [12]+11 = 23
Action 8: Lead refugees, Dodge 1d20+11: [17]+11 = 28

If his ploy to appear defunct does not work, and Blue Beauty is attacked, or If nearby refugees are attacked, Gunnar abandons his ruse and simply tries to help the refugees to the NEMA lines, providing covering fire as necessary. "All right folks, we're gonna make for the NEMA lines. Don't run in a straight line, and don't bunch up! Zig Zag!"

Contingent actions

Action 3: Plot course back behind NEMA lines
Action 4: Lead refugees, Dual Blast, Laser Turret 1d20+5: [10]+5 = 15 ; Damage 4d6: [2, 5, 3, 4] = 14 M.D.
Action 5: Lead refugees, Dual Blast, Laser Turret 1d20+5: [14]+5 = 19 ; Damage 4d6: [4, 2, 6, 6] = 18 M.D.
Action 6: Lead refugees, Dual Blast, Laser Turret 1d20+5: [17]+5 = 22 ; Damage 4d6: [5, 1, 1, 3] = 10 M.D.
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Torment

Post by Barracuda »

Perception: 1d100: [46] = 46 /46% (61% underwater)
JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 / 1d100: [48] = 48
Basic Mechanics: 1d100: [49] = 49 /50% - to figure out what's wrong with the vehicle
Pilot: Automobile: 1d100: [88] = 88 /78% - to continue doing cool shit on the ice like not crashing

"Do you hear that noise? Something's up with the vehicle! Get ready to bail if we need to!" Barracuda continues to slide the Jeep over the ice, avoiding the holes that keep creating themselves.

That's when he receives a call that makes his aquatic blood chill.
Ronith wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:30 am”Barracuda. Corwin. There is a Splugorth on board the transport. I need to try and end it. Get the others home.”
Wait... is he saying... Barracuda takes one hand off of the wheel to key his radio and hollers with the panic of a man driving over ice, "Sir Ronith! We're all going home today! Don't you die up there!" Turning his radio off, he turns to Keiko and says "When that transport goes down, if Ronith isn't out, we get him out. Are you with me?" Barracuda continues to drive the Jeep near the transport they're attacking in the hopes they can catch Ronith on his way out. We're losing it, I've gotta keep up!
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
Ledger
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 490
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Torment

Post by Grant Latham »

New Perception: 78% vs 1d100: [31] = 31
JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 , 1d100: [7] = 7
Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • Sense Ley Line: 89%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 99%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 150mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 97/97
  • I.S.P.: 94/94
  • P.P.E.: 323/656
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
4 PPE | BOM 93 | Appears +3 lvls, +1d4+2 M.A. Psionic See Aura will see truth. Magic See Aura will fluctuate

10 PPE | BOM 99 | 480' radius | 43.75 min | +8 P.B. Friendship/Trust, Power/Fear, Successful Deception (80% believe)

45 PPE | DB13 120 | 148.50 min | 500 M.D.C., EBA, Fly 350 mph, 1/2 damage from magic and M.D. cold, heat/fire/plasma attacks. -5% physical skills -10% to delicate touch skills

25 PPE | 6.00 min | Impervious to Cold, Fire, Energy, Disease, Poisons, Toxins, Gases, and Drugs. 50 M.D.C. force field. +10 vs Magic, Psionics, HF

30 PPE | 6.50 min | 6000' | +4 strike less than 100', +1 Strike if greater | 12
OOC Comments
d6+60 M.D.

Talisman | 73.50 min | Undetectable by psionics or magic. Includes Psi-Stalker/Dog boy or similar. No aura

Talisman |28.50 min | Organics using tech can save vs magic to see using natural vision.

4 PPE | 178.50 min | 600' in non magical darkness

3 PPE | 28.50 min | See license plate up to 2 miles away

BOM 95 |5 PPE | 1.25 min | 4800' | 3d6+30 M.D. | +2 Strike, -4 Parry



P.B.: 22
M.A.: 26

Radio: Basic: 79% vs 1d100: [20] = 20 | Listen to the radio chatter, and send warning. -20%?
The plan wrote:Grant's ruse works better than expected as the Kydians simply cannot keep up with him. The Magus' attacks on the ship are devastating, but he also is aware that magic is being used to repair the ship as he strikes, though it's not as fast as he delivers damage. When he turns on the red power lord, his first two attack shatter the magic field it had up, while the following shot hits it, blowing off some armor. It touches another gem on the armor which beings another field into view for a second as Grant's follow shot strikes it. The power lords split up, trying to catch Grant as he circles.
With the transport begin to accelerate, Grant changes his flight path into a zig zag ahead of the transport. He hears bits and pieces of the team communicating with each other, but is otherwise preoccupied. He makes a choice, not entirely aware of what is happening within the ship nor those who follow behind it. It may result in the prisoners deaths, but it will still be a better end than be taken by the splugorth. He closes the distance between the transport and himself and casts two Carpets of Adhesion on the roof of the transport. The first near the front of the transport in a standard 10' x 20' area. The second just after it in a strip 5' wide and 40' long (BOM 99 | 180' | 200 sq ft | 75 min | See EU revision). He flies back to the first Carpet of Adhesion and lands on it face rearward.

Now fixed in place the Lord Magi begins casting Ice(BOM 112 | 15 PPE | 3000' | 150 min | 500 M.D.C per block | up to 11 10x10' blocks) as the spell finishes, he focuses his will to form the ice blocks on the second carpet of adhesion. In the blink of an eye 114 tons of Ice appear on the front section of the transport dramatically changing it's center of mass. Grant dismisses the first Carpet of Adhesion and flies up and forward of the transport putting distance between him and the flying Kydians. On the radio, he calls out. "Stay out of the Transport's path, it won't be in the air much longer."

APM: 10 (11 with Magic)
Initiative: 1d20+6: [20]+6 = 26
Critical Strike: 18-20 or from behind

  1. Fly towards the transport. Dodge 1d20+3: [10]+3 = 13
  2. Cast 1st Carpet of Adhesion
  3. Cast 2nd Carpet of Adhesion
  4. Fly back and land on the 1st carpet of adhesion.
  5. Begin Casting Ice
  6. Finish Casting Ice
  7. Dispel Carpet of Adhesion below Grant's feet.
  8. Fly away from the transport. Dodge 1d20+3: [19]+3 = 22 (up to 770') and send warning over the radio
  9. Fly away from the transport. Dodge 1d20+3: [16]+3 = 19 (up to 770')
  10. Fly away from the transport. Dodge 1d20+3: [19]+3 = 22 (up to 770')
  11. Fly away from the transport. Dodge 1d20+3: [15]+3 = 18 (up to 770')
Contingency:

Will Cast Armor Bizarre if Cosmic Armor is destroyed and/or retreat if needed.

Will use dodges if a power lord gets within range of their Energy Field, Magic Net, or other short range attacks designed to capture

Dodge/Parry(+3/+9): 10d20: [7, 18, 2, 11, 7, 14, 20, 6, 7, 13] = 105
Save vs Magic/Psionics/HF (+17/+10/+15): 10d20: [5, 4, 13, 9, 3, 17, 9, 15, 2, 11] = 88
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record
Info
M.D.C.: 97/[color=#FF00000]97[/color] • P.P.E.: 656/656 • I.S.P.: 94/94 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 89% | 100mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 99% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 1500mi • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 276
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Torment

Post by Weiss »

Perception 1d100<56: [14*] = 1
jic 1d100: [20] = 20 1d20: [2] = 2
Virtus wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:37 am Weiss shouts urgent orders back to Gunnar to keep ol Blue alive. Resourceful, he searches around frantically for a viable candidate. Several partially damaged power armors are seen. Some with their motionless occupants still inside. What catches his eye however a massive pile of hard armor. Drawing close it's a massive robot in dimension laying on its side. Roughly 10 ft taller than blue and almost twice as wide. IF Weiss approaches:
Weiss spies the Giant robot and smiles oh yeah, back in the fight.

"Get the people to safety, I've got your back. Leave me the sword" he radios Gunnar as he rushes towards the fallen robot. Finding the damaged hatchway, he makes his way into the cockpit and as he finds the body, he pushes it gently to the side.

I'll see to it that you get a proper burial he thinks as he takes the controls and begins to right the robot and bring it back to a standing position, will need to deactivate the transponder in a bit to avoid being tracked.



Actions
1 - run to the robot
2 - Climb into the robot
3 move body to one side
4 messages Gunnar
5 activate robot
6 stand up robot
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
Posts: 608
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Torment

Post by Ronith »

JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20 , 1d100: [40] = 40
PER: 1d100: [16] = 16 vs. 94% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)

Conditions:
Applies to anyone who directs an attack at Ronith: +2 strike and parry, +1 dodge. Opponents lose all machine-provided bonuses, -1 APM, -4 strike Ronith, -2 to dodge Ronith’s attacks.
,
RPA Pilots: Inexperienced operators (levels 1-3) cannot use sensors at all, lose two attacks every time they try to figure out what’s going on. Experienced operators lose one attack and have a -40% penalty.
,
34m00s, 92% skill, 120ft. range, can pinpoint exact number and location of all sentient beings.
,
+2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 5.5 Minutes
,
17m30s, can hide in shadows 5+ ft tall, +15% to prowl, attackers -5 to hit.
,
58.5 min | 50 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy
,
280ft. area, 46m00s, can track supernatural evil and pinpoint number of sources (1, 2-6, 7-14, 15+)
,
23m30s, +1 APM, +2 PP [+1 s/p/d], +3 initiative, +1 strike, +2 parry/dodge, +15% on physical skills that rely on coordination or balance.



Initiative: 1d20+17: [3]+17 = 20
APM: 11

I suppose a clean getaway was too much to hope for. Ronith’s heart sinks, and he stifles a sigh as the energy barrier cuts off his escape with the last remaining humans. After sending his radio message to the others, he gently sets the humans down and he speaks to them in soft, slightly accented American and says ”Take cover”. The turns, faces the High Lord, and addresses him.
Virtus wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:37 am"Lord Hynthyrop has not given you permission to leave. You've only just arrived after all." it says with Malice in its voice. It takes in Ronith's unique appearance and realizes he's not of this world. "Who are you?!" it asks, perplexed.
Ronith responds in the same tongue. ”One who needs no Splugorth’s permission to do anything. One who has fought and killed their High Lords before. I offer you a single chance to save your miserable, misbegotten life- let the humans go. NOW.” Ronith’s eyes glitter, and while he realizes that the High Lord likely has psionic defenses decides to try his mental strength before his physical. Regardless of whether the tactic succeeds, however, unless the High Lord immediately moves to facilitate (or at least stop blocking) Ronith’s escape with the humans the cyber-knight will quick-draw his blades and launch into an immediate frenzy of attacks. Ideally, the high lord will not be used to a humanoid that shows such effective resistance so quickly, and between the swords and the psionic assault will be quickly overwhelmed. In the more likely event that it recovers quickly and starts counter-attacking Ronith he will only take defensive maneuvers if his magical protection takes more than half damage. Otherwise he will keep trying for a quick end.

Combat Rolls
Action 1: Empathic Transmission: Fear ((-6 ISP)) at an appropriate point during or immediately after the conversation (such as it is). Pull 1d6+1: [5]+1 = 6 ISP from the ley line super-nexus to power it.
Action 2: Sword strikes with Frostfang. 1d20+24: [20]+24 = 44 to strike, 1d6*22: [1]*22 = 22 NAT20! x2 = 44.MD
Action 2a: Sword strike with Skyrender if he can dispense with defense this action. 1d20+24: [7]+24 = 31 to strike, 6d6*2: [2, 3, 3, 5, 6, 6]*2 = 50 MD.

Action 3: Sword strikes with Frostfang. 1d20+24: [1]+24 = 25 to strike, 1d6*22: [2]*22 = 44 MD.
Action 3a: Sword strike with Skyrender if he can dispense with defense this action. 1d20+24: [2]+24 = 26 to strike, 6d6*2: [6, 3, 2, 2, 6, 6]*2 = 50 MD.

Action 4: Sword strikes with Frostfang. 1d20+24: [11]+24 = 35 to strike, 1d6*22: [1]*22 = 22 MD.
Action 4a: Sword strike with Skyrender if he can dispense with defense this action. 1d20+24: [5]+24 = 29 to strike, 6d6*2: [4, 5, 2, 6, 2, 5]*2 = 48 MD.

Action 5: Sword strikes with Frostfang. 1d20+24: [2]+24 = 26 to strike, 1d6*22: [1]*22 = 22 MD.
Action 5a: Sword strike with Skyrender if he can dispense with defense this action. 1d20+24: [9]+24 = 33 to strike, 6d6*2: [1, 1, 2, 4, 3, 1]*2 = 24 MD.

Action 6: Sword strikes with Frostfang. 1d20+24: [12]+24 = 36 to strike, 1d6*22: [2]*22 = 44 MD.
Action 6a: Sword strike with Skyrender if he can dispense with defense this action. 1d20+24: [17]+24 = 41 to strike, 6d6*2: [1, 6, 4, 2, 3, 6]*2 = 44 MD.

Action 7: Sword strikes with Frostfang. 1d20+24: [9]+24 = 33 to strike, 1d6*22: [5]*22 = 110 MD.
Action 7a: Sword strike with Skyrender if he can dispense with defense this action. 1d20+24: [2]+24 = 26 to strike, 6d6*2: [2, 3, 1, 1, 4, 4]*2 = 30 MD.

Action 8: Sword strikes with Frostfang. 1d20+24: [11]+24 = 35 to strike, 1d6*22: [3]*22 = 66 MD.
Action 8a: Sword strike with Skyrender if he can dispense with defense this action. 1d20+24: [11]+24 = 35 to strike, 6d6*2: [4, 2, 4, 4, 3, 3]*2 = 40 MD.

Action 9: Sword strikes with Frostfang. 1d20+24: [6]+24 = 30 to strike, 1d6*22: [2]*22 = 44 MD.
Action 9a: Sword strike with Skyrender if he can dispense with defense this action. 1d20+24: [19]+24 = 43 to strike, 6d6*2: [5, 4, 3, 2, 4, 6]*2 = 48 MD.

Action 10: Sword strikes with Frostfang. 1d20+24: [16]+24 = 40 to strike, 1d6*22: [6]*22 = 132 MD.
Action 10a: Sword strike with Skyrender if he can dispense with defense this action. 1d20+24: [11]+24 = 35 to strike, 6d6*2: [1, 2, 3, 6, 3, 3]*2 = 36 MD.

Action 11: Sword strikes with Frostfang. 1d20+24: [15]+24 = 39 to strike, 1d6*22: [2]*22 = 44 MD.
Action 11a: Sword strike with Skyrender if he can dispense with defense this action. 1d20+24: [6]+24 = 30 to strike, 6d6*2: [1, 4, 3, 6, 1, 3]*2 = 36 MD.

Auto-parries: 1d20+32: [18]+32 = 50 , 1d20+32: [15]+32 = 47 , 1d20+32: [13]+32 = 45 , 1d20+32: [4]+32 = 36 , 1d20+32: [3]+32 = 35 , 1d20+32: [19]+32 = 51 , 1d20+32: [9]+32 = 41 , 1d20+32: [8]+32 = 40 , 1d20+32: [12]+32 = 44 , 1d20+32: [1]+32 = 33 , 1d20+32: [20]+32 = 52
Auto-dodges: 1d20+15: [10]+15 = 25 , 1d20+15: [17]+15 = 32 , 1d20+15: [2]+15 = 17 , 1d20+15: [11]+15 = 26 , 1d20+15: [9]+15 = 24 , 1d20+15: [19]+15 = 34 , 1d20+15: [12]+15 = 27 , 1d20+15: [16]+15 = 31 , 1d20+15: [20]+15 = 35 , 1d20+15: [5]+15 = 20 , 1d20+15: [18]+15 = 33
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent)
| BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
ISP- 71/91; PPE- 47/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
Frostfang Heals: 3/4. Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (1/3); Cleanse (3/3)
Post Reply

Return to “Heroes for Hire Adventure Forum”