Interlude: A Time Lost

The continuing adventures of an arrogant elf, and the masochists who join him on his fools errands.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 298
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Interlude: A Time Lost

Post by Weiss »

Perception: 1d100<56: [49*] = 1
JIC 1d100: [58] = 58 1d20: [11] = 11

As they arrive, Weiss begins his scan and starts to find out how deep the lake is.

"Frak," Weiss swears in annoyance, as he explains the situation to Keiko "this place is a lot deeper than I thought. The Beauty can handle at max 500ft in depth before she starts sprouting leaks. We're looking at least double that if not more further in. We can assist from the shallows, but not more than that. I hope that wherever we need to be isn't that deep." Our luck being the way it is....

Moving to the edge of the lake, he begins scanning with the thermal imager (2000' range) trying to pick up Ben and D, whilst keeping an eye out for any returning demons.

Sensory Equipment 1d100<74: [22*] = 1

"Okay Keiko, this close enough to do your thing or do I need to get in the water?"
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Keiko
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

Re: Interlude: A Time Lost

Post by Keiko »

Perception: 1d100: [97] = 97 /40%
JIC: 1d20: [8] = 8 ; 1d100: [82] = 82
Active Effects
Keiko straps herself into the seat as Weiss moves them out to the lake. Impressive machine. I'm not familiar with most of these controls. lots of buttons an switches. Oh he's talking to me. Guess I better pay attention. Keiko's head comes up at Weiss's cursing.

Weiss wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 6:19 am
"Frak," Weiss swears in annoyance, as he explains the situation to Keiko "this place is a lot deeper than I thought. The Beauty can handle at max 500ft in depth before she starts sprouting leaks. We're looking at least double that if not more further in. We can assist from the shallows, but not more than that. I hope that wherever we need to be isn't that deep." Our luck being the way it is....

"Okay Keiko, this close enough to do your thing or do I need to get in the water?"
She frowns as her brows ruffle in thought, "I would bet anything what we are looking for is likely in the deepest part of the lake. Give me a second." Keiko closes her eyes for a moment to filter out other distractions and really let her senses focus on her dimensional attenuation. She focuses out to the lake in front of her. (No skill roll. Dimensional Attenuation lets Keiko pinpoint dimensional disturbances and anomalies with in the area of 150 miles.)

Keiko opens her eyes, "I think I have one. It's really deep. Around your 1000 foot mark. Ya. I'm getting Grant's dimensional pockets from where we came from." Keiko looks to Weiss, a warm smile on her face, "Do you have a digital map I can look at? I think I can give a good area of where it is if I can get our bearings." with a map Keiko gets to tracing the location of Beauty and then estimating the distance from them to the anomalies she felt. For all her magic and fighting prowess Keiko is quite adept at land navigation and map reading.

Keiko will relay the dimensional anomalies she can feel in the lake via radio to the rest of the team.

Land Navigation 1d100: [26] = 26 /67% (Locate position of Beauty on the map based on land features and what is visible to Keiko)
Land Navigation 1d100: [16] = 16 /67% (Plot approximate distance of dimensional anomalies)
Keiko

P.P.E.: 110/110
I.S.P.: 35/35
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 86/86
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
Helmet - 40/40
Left Arm 20/20
Right Arm 20/20
Right Leg 30/30
Left Leg 30/30
Main Body - 60/60
Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Daisuke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 2:34 am
Location: Heroes for Hire

Re: Interlude: A Time Lost

Post by Daisuke »

-----------------------------------
Perception: d%: [98] = 98 | 48%
JIC: 1d20: [7] = 7 | d%: [69] = 69 %
Initiative: 1d20+4: [20]+4 = 24
-----------------------------------
Character Sheet
  • Eye of Odin (left eye): 20/20 vision, Nightvision (600', constant, no cost)), See Aura (constant, no cost), See the Invisible (constant, no cost)
  • Swallowing Limbo [400lbs nonliving] (1/4 people)
    • Gunnar [119.25 min]
    • <empty>
    • <empty>
    • <empty>
  • Instant Wardrobe [40lbs] (2/4)
  • Instant Weapon [90lbs] (1/2)

  • HP/MDC: 70/70
    SDC: 211/211
    PPE: 13/13
T-43 Explorer
Image
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 50
  • Arms: 20 right | 0/20 left (destroyed)
  • Legs: 25 each
  • Main Body: 70
Weight: 20 lbs
Modifiers: Good to fair mobility, -5% to Climb and Swimming, -12% to other physical skills.
Features:
  • All features standard to Triax environmental armor (p.34, WB5)
Book Reference: p.56, WB 34

Saving Throw Bonuses (if Mimic/revert to base stats)
Eye of Odin grants +1 save vs all (not included below)
Coma/Death: 28% (+4%)
Toxins (15+): +7 (+1)
Magic (varies): +7 (+1)
Magic (Illusions): +10 (+2)
Magic (mind-altering): +15 (+7)
Lethal Poison (14+): +7 (+1)
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +7 (+1)
Insanity (12+): +16
Psionics (12+): +7
Horror Factor: +12
Disease: +7 (+2)
Drugs (mind-altering): +8 (+6)
Possession: +13 (+6)
Conditions
  • Copy Animal Attributes (Tardigrade: Swimming 98%, Immune to Cold, Breathe Under Water, Vulnerable to Heat, Ability to Pause Metabolism). 40.00 min

Thank you.. Daisuke spares a moment of gratitude to the presence of the microscopic tardigrades.

Then he turns his attention to the matter at hand. Enemies below. And I'm all alone. Can't tactically retreat because we need this intel. And quickly realizes he needs to re-establish communications with his teammates.

Daisuke will NG Bush Pilot Jumpsuit into existence and key the built in radio in the flight helmet. "I'm spotting three supernatural bogeys, one of them the Demon locust we were just fighting, circling some sort of container at the bottom of this lake. Engaging with intent to draw them closer to the surface.

Following through with his announcement, Daisuke pulls the Wilk's laser pulse cannon from the instant weapon dimensional limbo and brandishes it at the supernatural foes below, sending laser pulse bursts downrange. He does what he can to avoid hitting the box and also realizes that the weight of the cannon will cause him to sink rapidly. Rather than kicking with his legs to try to stay as close to the surface as possible, the Arismal lets the weapon carry him downward, adopting a vertical prone-like position trying to keep his shots on target while descending head-first.

His hope is that the enemy will spot him, decide that he will make easy prey to dispatch quickly and come after him. This will hopefully separate the supernatural beings from their box of interest. And prior to them reaching legitimate melee range with Daisuke, the Arismal intends to bypass the supernatural beings with a portal to instantly transport him to close proximity to the box and potentially allow him to get inside to see what is going on and why it is so important.

APM: 7
Action 1: Instant Wardrobe [wear: NG Bush Pilot Jumpsuit]. Radio update to team.
Action 2: Instant Weapon [wield: Wilk's 1000 Laser Pulse Cannon]
Action 3: Shoot burst at Demon Locust. Strike: 1d20+2: [17]+2 = 19 . Damage: 3d4*10: [3, 2, 3]*10 = 80 MD
Action 4: Shoot burst at Blue aura 1. Strike: 1d20+2: [10]+2 = 12 . Damage: 3d4*10: [4, 3, 4]*10 = 110 MD
Action 5: Shoot burst at Blue aura 2. Strike: 1d20+2: [2]+2 = 4 . Damage: 3d4*10: [3, 3, 3]*10 = 90 MD
Action 6: Shoot burst at whichever supernatural is not heading up toward him (priority: Demon Locust). Strike: 1d20+2: [7]+2 = 9 . Damage: 3d4*10: [2, 1, 1]*10 = 40 MD
Action 7: Shoot burst at whichever supernatural is not heading up toward him (priority: Demon Locust). Strike: 1d20+2: [8]+2 = 10 . Damage: 3d4*10: [2, 2, 1]*10 = 50 MD

Contingencies. Sacrifice actions as needed ((if supernatural (blue or red) enemies swim up to engage in melee and get closer than 500 ft))
Action 6: Portal to auraless box
"in front" or below Daisuke as he sinks toward the lake floor
/
auraless box exterior, alongside (not top/above)

Action 7: Portal into auraless box
exterior side of auraless box
/
interior of auraless box
((if box turns out to be solid, should pop Daisuke to the other side exterior))

Dodge if necessary. 1d20+4: [11]+4 = 15 , 1d20+4: [2]+4 = 6 , 1d20+4: [7]+4 = 11
User avatar
Ashlynn
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 310
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Interlude: A Time Lost

Post by Ashlynn »

Perception: 82% /87% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100: [20] = 20

JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13
JIC: 1d100: [77] = 77

Ashlynn is cold, and sore. She tries to speak but her throat feels raw. Was... was I screaming?

An involuntary shiver passes through her body.
Ronith wrote:”Ashlynn? Can you hear me? It’s alright. Your ordeal is over.”
Ashlynn nods, struggling to a sitting position. Her hair, oncly brightly colored, now white, falls in strands in her face. She looks at her hands. Hair white... hands still young-looking. Huey nestled up beside her, she hears him chuff contentedly.

You did it, Huey... you led them to me... you helped them save me.

As Ronith lays Frostfang's blade across her skin, she feels its healing energies wash over her, like a warm memory of long, long ago. As the cold returns, she shivers again, but looks up at Ronith and Grant. "Th... thank you...", she rasps, her hoarse voice recovering somewhat. This is followed by Grant also casting healing on her, and again she feels the full-body sense memory of healing, from lifetimes ago. As Ronith scoops her up to carry her to the APC, she does not protest, and Huey hops along by the elven cyber-knight's feet.
Ronith wrote:”Rest now. We’ve got you.”
As she lays on the bench in the APC, she wonders how long it's been. Did Ronith say... four centuries? H... How many dead? How many... did I kill? She struggles to remember, an effort which largely brings only memories of darkness - but the few flashes of memories that she can call to mind - events shared with her by the Unsere's perversion - weigh heavily on her soul.

Huey sits by the bench, staring up at the found girl, happy, but wondering why she is so desperately sad... and why she feels alone when he's right beside her. As Ronith and Grant plan to gather the team, Ashlynn turns her face toward the wall of the APC and silently weeps.
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 45/45
S.D.C.: 68/68


TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
OOC Comments
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 45/45
  • Arms: 40/40 each
  • Legs: 45/45 each
  • Main Body: 42/100

Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, and +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
Features:
  • All Features of Triax EBA
  • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
  • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
  • Infrared & thermal masking


N-F20A Medium Force Field (integrated into FreeRunner Exoskeleton)
OOC Comments
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 75

Features:
  • 10 hour duration per E-clip
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 419
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Interlude: A Time Lost

Post by Barracuda »

Perception: 1d100: [19] = 19 /46% (61% underwater)
JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 / 1d100: [50] = 50
  • BOM 115
  • 25 PPE
  • 2000 min
  • 50 mph
  • +1 Parry/+2 Dodge

  • +2 APM
  • + 1 on initiative
  • + 1 to strike with guns
  • +3 to strike in melee combat
  • +2 to disarm, parry and dodge
  • +4 to pull punch
  • +2 to roll with impact
  • +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear
  • +2 to save vs possession
  • Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20
  • karate kick (1D8 S.D.C.)
  • jump kick
  • Paired Weapons
  • leap attack and judo flip/throw
  • Duration: 16 Minutes

  • M.D.C.: 38/50
  • Impervious to cold, disease, drugs, gases, energy, poison, and toxins
  • +10 vs magic, psionics, & horror factor
  • Duration: 5/5 melees
  • Charges: 2/3

  • SDC: 181/181
  • HP/MDC: 67/67

  • Helmet: 55/55 (can only be hit with a Called Shot at -3 to strike)
  • L Arm: 35/35 | R Arm: 18/35
  • L Hand: 18/18 | R Hand: 18/18 (can only be hit with a Called Shot at -3 to strike)
  • L Legs: 45/45 | R Leg: 45/45
  • Main Body: 58/87

  • Damage: 2d6+8 (7d6+19 when charged)
  • Bonuses: +2 to strike, +2 to parry


Arriving at the frozen lake, Barracuda wastes no time inserting himself into the drink. His skin as desensitized as it is, he is surprised to feel the cold through his armor. I'll have to bring a parka next time. Better this than the fire. The dark obscures his vision and he has to rely on other methods to locate his teammate. He hits his radio and calls out to Daisuke. "Barracuda to Daisuke, I'm here at the lake. Where are you?" He heads straight down and from his utility belt, takes out and activates his waterproof flashlight to aid in his search for Daisuke.
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
Ledger
User avatar
Zoe Barenger
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:17 am
Location: AGM: Heroes for Hire
Contact:

Re: Interlude: A Time Lost

Post by Zoe Barenger »

Heroes Conditions wrote:Time and Location: 2342:00(1142PM), Northern Tundra (southern region)
Environmental Conditions: Outside Temp; -30*C (-22*F), no ambient light inside the cloud.]
[Wounds and Wheels]

Ronith rushes to Ashlynn's side the second the demon is gone and the shield is dropped. She looks bruised, a bloody nose and some in the ear. Frostfang's healing touches coupled with Grant's own Heal Wounds bring the vagabond back to consciousness and health, though she is still very sore. Ronith is even able to properly clean up the stained blood on her skin. Grant issues a pertinent warning and Ronith cradles Ashlynn and carries her to the APC.

While inside the APC, Grant and Ronith strategize while Ashlynn curls against one of the corners and stares at the blank sheet of metal that is the wall of the APC. Her mind flies with thoughts as she tries to process everything, feeling her body as her own for the first time in who-knows-how-long, yet feeling... different? Huey moves closer to sit against Ashlynn's side, trying to show her she made it. The voice of Ronith and Grant strategizing should be comforting, yet her body still aches, even after the healing. It doesn't hurt to move, more is that it feels like she swam a marathon, twice. What's not sore feels like jelly. As Ashlynn starts to silently weep, she randomly sees the image of a Demon Locust being literally crushed like a soda-can by a held out hand. The image implies the hand is hers.

Unfortunately, since none of the trio have the training to pilot the APC, they can either fly using Grant's spell or try to pilot it because; it's got wheels and it drives, We can figure it out!

[Shoreline Overwatch]

When Weiss runs the thermal imager on the lake, he is able to see three signatures. All three appear diluted on the scanner, which pegs the water at far below freezing and making reading thermal signatures more challenging. That said, one is much larger than the other two. The largest, along with one of the smaller ones appear to be at roughly 800 feet (824ft) while the other small signature seems to be closer to 400 ft. A radar ping, however, reveals an additional two things in the lake near the uppermost heat signature.

When Keiko focuses her dimensional attenuation towards the lake, she finds a lack thereof. No Rifts have breached the lake, though she can sense the nexus back northeast. Whatever's in the water isn't a dimensional or temporal rift, to say the least. Keiko's impressive ability with a map, and her knowledge of where they came from does help point the Beauty to the closest point of the lake; but all these maps are so outdated its hard to be accurate. Running grid squares though, is easy and Keiko directs the Beauty to a point in the lake where they will be able to provide the most support. From this new vantage, the Beauty's weapons should reach the bottom if required, and be able to cover the spread of the lake's deepest region.

[The Deep]

Barracuda dives into the cold water, reminiscent of the deeper parts of the oceans around the world with a near complete absence of ambient light, the ice sheet and above night sky providing a dark blanket over the lake. Barracuda radios Daisuke who, after swapping gear, responds with news of more demons. Barracuda dives deeper into the dark water and his sharp eye catches movement against the black, his enhanced adeptness with the water being the only thing that lets him see a little better than most. It looks like two small whales or sharks swimming in a tight circle, but hard to tell for sure. Barracuda can't be sure yet, but he doesn't think he's been seen.

Daisuke elects to engage the signatures, firing first at the locust's aura and pegging it square in the back. The moment the blast makes contact, the two blue auras swim towards Daisuke in lightning speed. His sequential two shots miss their targets and he is forced to portal down to the object as they nearly overshadow him, barely dodging as he floats in the lightless water next to the box. When he looks at it with See Aura, it is as though he is looking at a television screen that has a fully static signal, complete whiteout. Floating next to it, his naked eye cannot see it. Daisuke attempts to portal inside the box only to find himself floating in lightless water. If he turns around, he sees the negative aura of the box behind him, and slightly above and behind that is the larger red aura of the locust seeming to move slowly around the box. Daisuke suddenly finds his mind invaded; So, you came to play more? Tell me, are you afraid of the dark? a voice thunders in his head, but speaks at just a whisper, yet drowning out his other thoughts.

[Daisuke: Make a Save vs Psionic]
Heroes for Hire AGM

Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

╭∩╮(✿◠‿◠)╭∩╮
User avatar
Daisuke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 2:34 am
Location: Heroes for Hire

Re: Interlude: A Time Lost

Post by Daisuke »

-----------------------------------
Perception: d%: [6] = 6 | 48%
JIC: 1d20: [11] = 11 | d%: [17] = 17 %
Save vs psionic (vs 12): 1d20+8: [16]+8 = 24 ((if vs possession, use +14 instead of +8))
Initiative: 1d20+4: [19]+4 = 23
-----------------------------------
Character Sheet
  • Eye of Odin (left eye): 20/20 vision, Nightvision (600', constant, no cost)), See Aura (constant, no cost), See the Invisible (constant, no cost)
  • Swallowing Limbo [400lbs nonliving] (1/4 people)
    • Gunnar [115.00 min]
    • <empty>
    • <empty>
    • <empty>
  • Instant Wardrobe [40lbs] (2/4)
  • Instant Weapon [90lbs] (1/2)

  • HP/MDC: 70/70
    SDC: 211/211
    PPE: 13/13
T-43 Explorer
Image
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 50
  • Arms: 20 right | 0/20 left (destroyed)
  • Legs: 25 each
  • Main Body: 70
Weight: 20 lbs
Modifiers: Good to fair mobility, -5% to Climb and Swimming, -12% to other physical skills.
Features:
  • All features standard to Triax environmental armor (p.34, WB5)
Book Reference: p.56, WB 34

Saving Throw Bonuses (if Mimic/revert to base stats)
Eye of Odin grants +1 save vs all (not included below)
Coma/Death: 28% (+4%)
Toxins (15+): +7 (+1)
Magic (varies): +7 (+1)
Magic (Illusions): +10 (+2)
Magic (mind-altering): +15 (+7)
Lethal Poison (14+): +7 (+1)
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +7 (+1)
Insanity (12+): +16
Psionics (12+): +7
Horror Factor: +12
Disease: +7 (+2)
Drugs (mind-altering): +8 (+6)
Possession: +13 (+6)
Conditions
  • Copy Animal Attributes (Tardigrade: Swimming 98%, Immune to Cold, Breathe Under Water, Vulnerable to Heat, Ability to Pause Metabolism). 36.00 min

Zoe Barenger wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:45 pmDaisuke suddenly finds his mind invaded; So, you came to play more? Tell me, are you afraid of the dark? a voice thunders in his head, but speaks at just a whisper, yet drowning out his other thoughts.
((Interrogation. d%: [71] = 71 | 86% <== Acting! Plus trying to get opponent to reveal info!))
Daisuke responds to the mental intrusion as if the thundering voice causes him physical pain, doubling over slightly before reaching up to his temple with his free hand as if to brace himself, but in actuality ensuring that his throat mic is toggled on, such that the entire squad can hear his conversational exchange.

"Did I come here to play? And am I afraid of the dark?" Daisuke echoes, ensuring that his voice reaches the Demon locust by channeling the sound in a tight cone ((Warp Sound)), then seemingly regaining his bearings in posture and body language. Then, he shakes his head and his shoulders relax as he engages the Demon locust in dialogue, "My answer is 'no' to both. My people originate from a planet of twilight, so I consider darkness a familiar friend. And I came here because I was trying to outrun your arch nemesis in a gurgoyle vessel from reaching its destination. I'm guessing its goal is this bizarre SUV-sized box sitting at the bottom of this frozen lake. I certainly didn't expect to see your buggy form and your speedster buddies to be setting up camp here."

Waving a finger upwards in a lazy circle, Daisuke continues, "I mean what is the deal between you and that other thing anyway? Bear in mind that I'm pretty upset at the other entity for having possessed my teammate and made her commit unspeakable acts. So am glad to hear you out while you're not trying to impale me with your tail at this moment in time."

Though Daisuke intentionally does not mention the box, the Arismal will keep a keen eye on the Demon Locust to try to pick up cues as to its importance (like when and how often its gaze flits to the box).

If parlay breaks down and the Demon locust attacks Daisuke, the Arismal will try to dodge or skirt around and use the box as cover if attacked at range. And try to body flip/swallowing limbo the demon if attacked in melee.

APM: 7
Dodges: 1d20+4: [12]+4 = 16 , 1d20+4: [20]+4 = 24 , 1d20+4: [1]+4 = 5 , 1d20+4: [15]+4 = 19 , 1d20+4: [3]+4 = 7 , 1d20+4: [20]+4 = 24 , 1d20+4: [11]+4 = 15

Body flip (swallowing limbo, 2 actions each. Save vs ME 16+): 1d20: [5] = 5 , 1d20: [7] = 7 , 1d20: [1] = 1
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 516
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Interlude: A Time Lost

Post by Grant Latham »

New Perception: 78% vs 1d100: [28] = 28
JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9 , 1d100: [45] = 45
Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • Sense Ley Line: 89%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 99%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 150mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 97/97
  • I.S.P.: 94/94
  • P.P.E.: 578/656
  • Lord Magus Armor • Main Body: 50/50 Head: 45/45 Arms: 15/15 Legs:30/30
Energy Sphere (BOM 140 | 120 PPE | 60 days | 433 PPE, 500 M.D.C.)

Fly as an Eagle (BOM 115 | 25 PPE | 17.25 min | 50 mph, +1 Parry/+2 Dodge)

Infrared Vision | MA 9 | 5 PPE | 38.25 min | Thermal Imaging - visual range 500'

Invincible Armor (BOM 121 | 30 PPE | 17.25 min | 250 M.D.C., 1/2 damage from energy, regenerate 1d6 M.D.C/round, Full EBA)

5 PPE | BOM 98 | 37.25 min | Lift +50%, Carry +10%, ignores required leverage

Sustain (BOM 109 | 12 PPE | 30 days | Provides Air, Food and Water, only need 2 hours of sleep per night)


Grant looks down at Ashlynn after the healing and watches her roll to the side and cry. There's nothing more we can do right now; my first thought was to just have us fly and find the rest of the team, but I can't see leaving her alone and possibly having that creature return. We are going to need to get this thing moving.

The mage turns towards Sir Ronith, and says in a tone he doesn't expect him to say yes, "You haven't learned how to drive an APC in the short time you've been gone?" It's then that he finally notices the wear and tear on his armor, and the signs of age that don't match his memory of Sir Ronith (which from his point of view was only a few days ago). Elves live long lives, did he come the long way around? Alone? Grant closes down that train of thought and shelves it for later. "I've driven a hover truck, how different can it be?"

Pilot Tanks & APCs 50% vs 1d100: [12] = 12

He moves up to the cab and recalls watching John drive the APC and then settles in the seat. "Let's see, I believe the first things he did..." he trails off as he begins pressing buttons, moving levers, and pushing pedals to get the APC started and underway.

The APC begins to vibrate as the turbines that power the wheels begin to spin up. Slowly at first, Grant drives the APC, turning it to follow the Blue Beauty's tracks in the snow and ice. He calls out over the radio, "We've got Ashlynn! We are on our way in the APC. Hopefully I don't crash it on the way."
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record
Info
M.D.C.: 97/[color=#FF00000]97[/color] • P.P.E.: 656/656 • I.S.P.: 94/94 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 89% | 100mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 99% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 1500mi • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Ashlynn
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 310
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Interlude: A Time Lost

Post by Ashlynn »

Perception: 82% /87% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100: [33] = 33

JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9
JIC: 1d100: [54] = 54

As Ashlynn weeps, overcome by her emotions, Huey hops up onto the bench and nuzzles forcefully at the small of her back. She feels an influx of positive feelings from the bookwyrm: love, joy, and most of all, hope.

Feeling his emotions as if they were her own helps to push the emptiness away, and Ashlynn dries her eyes and sits up, feeling the APC trundling along with Grant at the wheel.

She looks up at Ronith, eyes red, but jaw set.

"There's... still work to do... ain't there?" She looks down at Huey, using his nose to burrow under her arm. She offers him a smile.

You're my anchor, Huey.

Again the memory flashes of her hand - making a crushing gesture that destroys a Demon Locust. I... have a vague memory of that... I think...

She furrows her brows, trying to get at the memory like trying to catch a minnow in a rushing stream with your bare hands, but she manages to snag onto it, and, though the details are fuzzy, she remembers the feeling of the magic, coursing through her. And the satisfaction at its death. She shakes a chill away.

"Okay... I got more time to talk. Unsere showed me her body. It's definitely under the lake, but it's in a pocket dimension - called the Convergence. She musta crossed some powerful demons at some point, 'cause one of 'em - The Lord Insatiable... I think his name is ..."
an old memory wrote:"I must wonder if you are brave or insane to come before me, Unsere. Modeus has declared your life forfeit."
"Modeus! He gave the body to someone named Murmur to hide, and they put it here - under the lake, in their little pocket. Took Unsere for-freaking-EVER to find it. I think it takes blood magic to unlock the seal, and I don't know if Unsere killed enough people to get it done."

If I killed enough?

She shakes her head, trying to drive the thought away.

We'll fix this! The Heroes for Hire can fix this!

Her face reddens as a thought rises to her mind, unbidden. Will they want you around once they know all you've done?
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 45/45
S.D.C.: 68/68


TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
OOC Comments
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 45/45
  • Arms: 40/40 each
  • Legs: 45/45 each
  • Main Body: 42/100

Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, and +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
Features:
  • All Features of Triax EBA
  • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
  • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
  • Infrared & thermal masking


N-F20A Medium Force Field (integrated into FreeRunner Exoskeleton)
OOC Comments
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 75

Features:
  • 10 hour duration per E-clip
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
Posts: 615
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Interlude: A Time Lost

Post by Ronith »

JIC: 1d20: [3] = 3 , 1d100: [81] = 81
PER: 1d100: [64] = 64 vs. 94%

Conditions:
13m30s, surface thoughts up to 720ft away, two-way communication up to 1680ft.

Grant Latham wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:25 am"You haven't learned how to drive an APC in the short time you've been gone?"
Ronith shakes his head and fights off a faint smile. ”Working APCs were few and far between for the first couple of centuries. After that, well… it seemed unnecessary. Hovercycles served me much better.” He’s right though, I really should learn to drive this thing.
Ashlynn wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 10:19 am"There's... still work to do... ain't there?"
Ronith removes his helmet and returns the smile. His new wrinkles are much more evident at this distance. ”Always. But you’ve earned a bit of a breather. Let the rest of us run point and spot you for a spell.” Then, Ronith snaps his fingers, remembering his hovercycle and ducking down into the APC to get it. He’s about to ride off towards Daisuke and Barracuda when Grant somehow gets the vehicle rolling. With a nod, the cyber-knight refastens his helmet and says ”All possible speed, without crashing this thing Grant. I don’t like all this talk of insatiable demon lords.” Unconsciously, his grip tightens on Frostfang. If Ronith decides he can make substantially better time on his hovercycle, he will pop open the APC and get on with it. Otherwise, he will merely wait and alternate between keeping a concerned eye on the road, and one on Ashlynn where she still lies recovering.
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent)
| BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
ISP- 79/91; PPE- 47/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
Frostfang Heals: 3/4. Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (1/3); Cleanse (3/3)
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 298
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Interlude: A Time Lost

Post by Weiss »

Perception: 1d100<56: [36*] = 1
JIC 1d100: [60] = 60 1d20: [20] = 20
Zoe Barenger wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:45 pm When Weiss runs the thermal imager on the lake, he is able to see three signatures. All three appear diluted on the scanner, which pegs the water at far below freezing and making reading thermal signatures more challenging. That said, one is much larger than the other two. The largest, along with one of the smaller ones appear to be at roughly 800 feet (824ft) while the other small signature seems to be closer to 400 ft. A radar ping, however, reveals an additional two things in the lake near the uppermost heat signature.

When Keiko focuses her dimensional attenuation towards the lake, she finds a lack thereof. No Rifts have breached the lake, though she can sense the nexus back northeast. Whatever's in the water isn't a dimensional or temporal rift, to say the least. Keiko's impressive ability with a map, and her knowledge of where they came from does help point the Beauty to the closest point of the lake; but all these maps are so outdated its hard to be accurate. Running grid squares though, is easy and Keiko directs the Beauty to a point in the lake where they will be able to provide the most support. From this new vantage, the Beauty's weapons should reach the bottom if required, and be able to cover the spread of the lake's deepest region.
Manoeuvring the Beauty to the shoreline, he gives Keiko a quick glance before concentrating on his sensors. Five signatures suggested two enemies and possibly their target.

"Okay Team soaking wet, I have five signatures in the lake. Whomever is still 400ft down, head to these co-ordinates. I have two more signatures near you, so beware, you may have company and it might not be friendly." Weiss radios the co-ordinates to D and Prince C. "If you are able to confirm if there are hostiles, I can engage and provide support fire from here."
Grant Latham wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:25 am The APC begins to vibrate as the turbines that power the wheels begin to spin up. Slowly at first, Grant drives the APC, turning it to follow the Blue Beauty's tracks in the snow and ice. He calls out over the radio, "We've got Ashlynn! We are on our way in the APC. Hopefully I don't crash it on the way."
Weiss' heart lifts when he hears Ash is okay. What they had done here had been worth it. However, it sinks again when he hears Grant is at the wheel. Because that fills me with confidence. Really going to have to show him how to drive properly Weiss sighs

"Keep it in a higher gear, but a low speed. Trust me, don't try to push it otherwise we will be digging you out a snowdrift or the lake." Weiss warns the mage, really hoping that he wasn't going to need to fix the APC out in the arse end of nowhere.
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Keiko
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

Re: Interlude: A Time Lost

Post by Keiko »

Perception: 1d100: [84] = 84 /40%
JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9 ; 1d100: [12] = 12
Active Effects

Keiko giggles at the name Weiss gives the group in the lake and adds her own comments to the conversation, "I'm not picking up any dimensional anomalies down there." Keiko lets off the radio and turns to Weiss, "I'm not sure how much use I'll be up here, but I'll do what I can. I don't think I'll be much use down in the lake."
I can't believe there wasn't any dimensional disturbances. I could have sworn Ash said the body was in a dimensional pocket...oh well. Now what to do...I'm not good with the heavy weapons...I might have to get better with them...or maybe not...not exactly in keeping with my magic.

Keiko smiles when she hears Ash is ok. I hope she is actually doing ok. Possession like that for that amount of time...I couldn't imagine."
Keiko

P.P.E.: 110/110
I.S.P.: 35/35
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 86/86
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
Helmet - 40/40
Left Arm 20/20
Right Arm 20/20
Right Leg 30/30
Left Leg 30/30
Main Body - 60/60
Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 419
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Interlude: A Time Lost

Post by Barracuda »

Perception: 1d100: [35] = 35 /46% (61% underwater)
JIC: 1d20: [8] = 8 / 1d100: [45] = 45
Weiss wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 2:32 pm "Okay Team soaking wet, I have five signatures in the lake. Whomever is still 400ft down, head to these co-ordinates. I have two more signatures near you, so beware, you may have company and it might not be friendly." Weiss radios the co-ordinates to D and Prince C. "If you are able to confirm if there are hostiles, I can engage and provide support fire from here."
"Copy that, Barracuda out."

In the deep dark, Barracuda curses his only slightly better than normal human vision. If I had spent more time considering the throne, perhaps they would have taught me how to overcome this. It's cool, I've got my own tricks. Barracuda swims forward and wills his left hand to glow brightly in an attempt to lead the way. He heads toward the coordinates, Weiss' radio call having illuminated the possibility of enemy contact. But they were on his field now.

Barracuda searches for Daisuke and tries to avoid contact with anything demonic until he finds him.
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
Ledger
User avatar
Zoe Barenger
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:17 am
Location: AGM: Heroes for Hire
Contact:

Re: Interlude: A Time Lost

Post by Zoe Barenger »

Heroes Conditions wrote:Time and Location: 2344:00(1144PM), Northern Tundra (southern region)
Environmental Conditions: Outside Temp; -25*C (-13*F)]
[The Deep]

Daisuke plays into the Demon's intrusion while simultaneously activating his mic so he can be heard. Daisuke then challenges the Locust by using a tactic rarely used, open communication. Going so far as to trying to reason with the Locust. After Daisuke finishes his comment, the aura of the Locust floating as if intrigued before slowly moving towards Daisuke again, circling not unlike a shark. What curious abilities you have. She is an affront and a threat even the Lords of Hades want silenced. It answers while slowly drifting. Daisuke feels a powerful headache briefly wash over him before it vanishes. What a strong resistance you have. I like you, you may be a key. The locust says in a near defeaning whisper in Daisuke's mind as it quickly moves closer towards Daisuke.

Daisuke responds by attempting to swallow the Locust, and he feels the pull of the void make contact with the Locust as it tried to grapple Daisuke in the dark deep. Much to Diasuke's surprise, the swallowing void seems to recoil away from the Locust like the first time as Daisuke feels a vicegrip of a hand grip his right wrist. Are we still unafraid? It asks, its face now barely visible to the naked eye as it is inches away from Daisuke.

Barracuda descends deeper into the lake, following Weiss's report, and silently curses as it gets darker beyond his sight. He extends his hand to provide some source of illumination and continues to descend. Unfortunately Barracuda's intent to skirt past anything else in the water are limited with the illumination coming from his hand. In the darkest parts of the lake, thanks to the light, Barracuda can see about a dozen feet ahead of him before the light meets a wall of darkness. The water is fairly clear and Barracuda doesn't encounter much at first. Barracuda feels a sudden rush of water around him as a pale humanoid head with black eyes and a elongated snout snap its jaws infront of Barracuda, forcing him to recoil away from the bite. Barracuda can identify four octopus-like limbs for arms and a longer fish-like tail. [Roll HF Check, Combat post]

[Overwatch]

From the surface, Weiss and Keiko provide overwatch using the Beauty's superior systems and firepower. While scanning, Weiss does his best to walk Grant through how to properly drive the APC without crashing all while scanning the signatures at the bottom. Weiss can track Barracuda's signature and notes the two signatures that had been circling nothing rapidly approached Barracuda with one signature almost seeming to collide with his underwater ally.

Further past Barracuda's signature, Weiss can track Daisuke's which is nearest the bottom and nearest the largest other signature in the lake. As Weiss hears the end of Daisuke's taunts, he can see on the scanner as the locusts' signature seems to rush closer to Daisuke. Weiss is confident, thanks to the locusts' size, he could hit the locust without hitting Daisuke but he can't be sure how effective his ammunition will be at that depth.

While Keiko is scanning her own systems, confident she is more useful above water than below, she notes a brief blip and remembers the Gurgoyle that was roaming around. She can't be sure where it is, but she's confident the Gurgoyle is somewhere near the Beauty in the treeline, perhaps waiting for a moment to attack or slip by.

[Trailblazing!]

Grant is not sure if the APC's systems are simpler than he expected or if he is just more adept at figuring stuff out than he gives himself credit, either way all on-board the APC are gifted with a relatively smooth ride over somewhat hill-borne and tree-infested area. Though it will take a few extra minutes before they arrive, Grant, Ronith and Ashlynn can all listen in as Daisuke taunts a demon over the radio frequency and Weiss provides overwatch. Ronith is confident he could make it there much faster on his own bike but, for the moment, elects to remain with Grant and Ashlynn.

Ashlynn steels herself, anchoring with Huey to maintain control as she stifles her emotions as best as she can and thinks. She remembers the vision of crushing a locust, something from the time when she was possessed perhaps. Hard to say as she shakes the image away then starts trying to talk out what she knows to Ronith and Grant.

Grant's scanners shows a ping for where Weiss is located and he maneuvers the vehicle in that direction, all in all, at current speed, Grant and company are about three minutes out from Weiss's exact location. Grant's scanners also pick up something else, dozens of heat signatures further north, west and south of the town they are leaving. They're all moving slowly but seem to be coalescing on the town's remains.

What are you doing?
Heroes for Hire AGM

Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

╭∩╮(✿◠‿◠)╭∩╮
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
Posts: 615
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Interlude: A Time Lost

Post by Ronith »

JIC: 1d20: [8] = 8 , 1d100: [49] = 49
PER: 1d100: [49] = 49 vs. 94%

Pilot hovercycle: 1d100: [67] = 67 vs. 100%
To take off while the APC is in motion and fly without hitting anything.
Prowl: 1d100: [39] = 39 vs. 106%
To avoid detection while scouting sensor pings; speed must stay under 35 MPH.

Conditions:
11m30s, surface thoughts up to 720ft away, two-way communication up to 1680ft.


Dammit! Ronith curses as he listens in on the demon’s dialogue with Daisuke, riding in the cockpit with Grant. As the scanners ping, the cyber-knight finds himself torn. Are they hostile? Are they here for us? Finally, Ronith decides that he needs more information, and that it’s time to put his speed to use. ”Grant, open the side door. I’m going to take my bike and scout those sensor pings. Keep going, and do what you can to support the others when you get there.” He then leans forward and adds in a low voice, ”And keep an eye on Ashlynn.” Then, Ronith heads to the back of the APC. After a quick check of the seals on his EBA, he mounts up and flies out the side, giving Grant the thumbs up once he’s clear. Then, he speeds off. The sensor pod on Ronith’s armor should at some point pick up the same pings, at which point he will set a course for the closest but keep his speed low enough that he can run silently. Between that and his armor’s one-mile telescopic sight, Ronith is reasonably confident that he will be able to get a visual on the contacts without being detected. Assuming he does so, he will radio his findings in to Grant and the rest of the team, then set a course back for the lake as fast as stealth allows.
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent)
| BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
ISP- 79/91; PPE- 47/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
Frostfang Heals: 3/4. Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (1/3); Cleanse (3/3)
User avatar
Keiko
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

Re: Interlude: A Time Lost

Post by Keiko »

Perception: 1d100: [15] = 15 /45%
JIC: 1d20: [16] = 16 ; 1d100: [54] = 54
Active Effects
  • Dimensional Attenuation: 150 Miles
  • Excellent hearing and smell
  • Sixth Sense
  • Fighting Spirit: +2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (1D8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 6 Minutes
  • Invisibility: Simple: Duration: 18 Minutes
  • Superhuman Agility: + 1 on initiative, + 1 to parry, +5 to dodge and +5 to roll with impact. Automatic Dodge (+5; the act of dodging - moving out of the way of an attack - without spending one of his own melee attacks). Automatically rolls with impact from falls, when struck by a moving vehicle or when struck by explosions/ concussive blasts (including sonic blasts). +20% to Climb/Rappel skill. Duration: 6 minutes
  • Fleet Feet: x2 SPD, PP, APM. -2 Init. Duration: 6 minutes

Keiko looks at the blip for a moment. Damn. There's one behind us. Wiess needs to focus else where. I can handle one demon. No issues. Keiko turns to Wiess, "Wiess we got one near us in the trees. I can take him. You keep helping the others. I'll keep your back free from pests." Keiko casts several spells and activate her forcefield before winking to Wiess with a thumbs up and exiting the Beauty.
Spells: Fighting Spirit (20); Invisibility (6); Superhuman Agility (15); Fleet Feet (20). -61 PPE

Keiko, both axes in hand, moves quickly after the signal. Magic flowing through her body Keiko is on the hunt for the gurgoyle which fled the previous battle. A smile forms on her face as she finally feels back in her element. Hunting prey is what she is made for. It's what she has trained, honed and sharpened into the very essence of herself. A hunter. Keiko intentionally slows her speech down to compensate for the increase speed from fleet feet. "A real man wouldn't make a girl trapes through the woods. Or are you just playing hard to get."

When Keiko finds the Gurgoyle she will move to engage him with her axes.
Combat
PPE: 63/124

Spells:
-Fighting Spirit
-Fleet Feet (SPD: 46; P.P.: 50)
-Superhuman Agility
-Invisibility

-FF: 110/110

Init: 1d20+15: [4]+15 = 19

APM: 16

Action 1: Close distance.
Action 2: Ripper Vibro Axe (Right) Strike: 1d20+16: [10]+16 = 26 ; Damage: 4d6: [6, 2, 6, 1] = 15 ; Enchanted Axe (Left): 1d20+16: [11]+16 = 27 ; Damage: 4d6: [2, 5, 2, 6] = 15
Action 3: Ripper Vibro Axe (Right) Strike: 1d20+16: [14]+16 = 30 ; Damage: 4d6: [3, 4, 4, 1] = 12 ; Enchanted Axe (Left): 1d20+16: [12]+16 = 28 ; Damage: 4d6: [1, 4, 5, 3] = 13
Action 4: Ripper Vibro Axe (Right) Strike: 1d20+16: [7]+16 = 23 ; Damage: 4d6: [5, 5, 5, 2] = 17 ; Enchanted Axe (Left): 1d20+16: [5]+16 = 21 ; Damage: 4d6: [1, 5, 6, 3] = 15
Action 5: Ripper Vibro Axe (Right) Strike: 1d20+16: [3]+16 = 19 ; Damage: 4d6: [2, 6, 1, 4] = 13 ; Enchanted Axe (Left): 1d20+16: [10]+16 = 26 ; Damage: 4d6: [3, 3, 3, 3] = 12
Action 6: Ripper Vibro Axe (Right) Strike: 1d20+16: [19]+16 = 35 Crit; Damage: 4d6: [2, 2, 5, 4] = 13 x2 = 26MD; Enchanted Axe (Left): 1d20+16: [19]+16 = 35 Crit; Damage: 4d6: [4, 4, 5, 5] = 18 x2 = 36MD
Action 7: Ripper Vibro Axe (Right) Strike: 1d20+16: [6]+16 = 22 ; Damage: 4d6: [5, 3, 2, 3] = 13 ; Enchanted Axe (Left): 1d20+16: [2]+16 = 18 ; Damage: 4d6: [1, 6, 2, 5] = 14
Action 8: Ripper Vibro Axe (Right) Strike: 1d20+16: [12]+16 = 28 ; Damage: 4d6: [3, 3, 3, 3] = 12 ; Enchanted Axe (Left): 1d20+16: [9]+16 = 25 ; Damage: 4d6: [3, 5, 2, 5] = 15
Action 9: Ripper Vibro Axe (Right) Strike: 1d20+16: [19]+16 = 35 Crit; Damage: 4d6: [6, 6, 5, 3] = 20 x2 = 40MD; Enchanted Axe (Left): 1d20+16: [18]+16 = 34 Crit; Damage: 4d6: [2, 4, 1, 3] = 10 x2 = 20MD
Action 10: Ripper Vibro Axe (Right) Strike: 1d20+16: [5]+16 = 21 ; Damage: 4d6: [2, 1, 5, 3] = 11 ; Enchanted Axe (Left): 1d20+16: [5]+16 = 21 ; Damage: 4d6: [2, 3, 4, 6] = 15
Action 11: Ripper Vibro Axe (Right) Strike: 1d20+16: [5]+16 = 21 ; Damage: 4d6: [2, 3, 6, 2] = 13 ; Enchanted Axe (Left): 1d20+16: [12]+16 = 28 ; Damage: 4d6: [4, 4, 3, 4] = 15
Action 12: Ripper Vibro Axe (Right) Strike: 1d20+16: [9]+16 = 25 ; Damage: 4d6: [2, 1, 6, 4] = 13 ; Enchanted Axe (Left): 1d20+16: [9]+16 = 25 ; Damage: 4d6: [1, 2, 5, 4] = 12
Action 13: Ripper Vibro Axe (Right) Strike: 1d20+16: [4]+16 = 20 ; Damage: 4d6: [6, 1, 6, 3] = 16 ; Enchanted Axe (Left): 1d20+16: [14]+16 = 30 ; Damage: 4d6: [2, 4, 4, 5] = 15
Action 14: Ripper Vibro Axe (Right) Strike: 1d20+16: [2]+16 = 18 ; Damage: 4d6: [3, 2, 3, 4] = 12 ; Enchanted Axe (Left): 1d20+16: [15]+16 = 31 ; Damage: 4d6: [1, 2, 2, 4] = 9
Action 15: Ripper Vibro Axe (Right) Strike: 1d20+16: [14]+16 = 30 ; Damage: 4d6: [2, 5, 1, 4] = 12 ; Enchanted Axe (Left): 1d20+16: [9]+16 = 25 ; Damage: 4d6: [6, 3, 3, 4] = 16
Action 16: Ripper Vibro Axe (Right) Strike: 1d20+16: [3]+16 = 19 ; Damage: 4d6: [3, 2, 4, 3] = 12 ; Enchanted Axe (Left): 1d20+16: [20]+16 = 36 Nat 20; Damage: 4d6: [6, 6, 4, 4] = 20 x2 = 40MD

Auto-Dodge: 1d20+15: [8]+15 = 23 ; 1d20+15: [18]+15 = 33 ; 1d20+15: [15]+15 = 30 ; 1d20+15: [14]+15 = 29 ; 1d20+15: [8]+15 = 23 ; 1d20+15: [16]+15 = 31 ; 1d20+15: [18]+15 = 33 ; 1d20+15: [4]+15 = 19 ; 1d20+15: [14]+15 = 29 ; 1d20+15: [13]+15 = 28 ; 1d20+15: [15]+15 = 30 ; 1d20+15: [2]+15 = 17 ; 1d20+15: [4]+15 = 19 ; 1d20+15: [18]+15 = 33 ; 1d20+15: [2]+15 = 17 ; 1d20+15: [16]+15 = 31

Contingencies:
-If Keiko's FF goes down she will sacrifice one action to activates IOA from armor.
-If the Gurgoyle flees or combat is only possible via ranged means Keiko will switch to firing her Tesla bow at her target.
-Should be at risk of death Keiko will Cast Wink Out to escape for two minutes.
Keiko

P.P.E.: 110/110
I.S.P.: 35/35
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 86/86
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
Helmet - 40/40
Left Arm 20/20
Right Arm 20/20
Right Leg 30/30
Left Leg 30/30
Main Body - 60/60
Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Daisuke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 2:34 am
Location: Heroes for Hire

Re: Interlude: A Time Lost

Post by Daisuke »

-----------------------------------
Perception: d%: [68] = 68 | 48%
JIC: 1d20: [18] = 18 | d%: [1] = 1 %
Initiative: 1d20+4: [9]+4 = 13
-----------------------------------
Character Sheet
  • Eye of Odin (left eye): 20/20 vision, Nightvision (600', constant, no cost)), See Aura (constant, no cost), See the Invisible (constant, no cost)
  • Swallowing Limbo [400lbs nonliving] (1/4 people)
    • Gunnar [113.00 min]
    • <empty>
    • <empty>
    • <empty>
  • Instant Wardrobe [40lbs] (2/4)
  • Instant Weapon [90lbs] (1/2)

  • HP/MDC: 70/70
    SDC: 211/211
    PPE: 13/13
T-43 Explorer
Image
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 50
  • Arms: 20 right | 0/20 left (destroyed)
  • Legs: 25 each
  • Main Body: 70
Weight: 20 lbs
Modifiers: Good to fair mobility, -5% to Climb and Swimming, -12% to other physical skills.
Features:
  • All features standard to Triax environmental armor (p.34, WB5)
Book Reference: p.56, WB 34

Saving Throw Bonuses (if Mimic/revert to base stats)
Eye of Odin grants +1 save vs all (not included below)
Coma/Death: 28% (+4%)
Toxins (15+): +7 (+1)
Magic (varies): +7 (+1)
Magic (Illusions): +10 (+2)
Magic (mind-altering): +15 (+7)
Lethal Poison (14+): +7 (+1)
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +7 (+1)
Insanity (12+): +16
Psionics (12+): +7
Horror Factor: +12
Disease: +7 (+2)
Drugs (mind-altering): +8 (+6)
Possession: +13 (+6)
Conditions
  • Copy Animal Attributes (Tardigrade: Swimming 98%, Immune to Cold, Breathe Under Water, Vulnerable to Heat, Ability to Pause Metabolism). 38.00 min

  • Interrogation. d%: [55] = 55 |86% <== portray position of weakness (easy to do because its true) to convince demon locust to either cooperate or possibly monologue.
  • Intelligence. d%: [49] = 49 |69% <== deduce what 'key' might mean... collecting/possessing superhumans for some manner of ritual?
Zoe Barenger wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:41 am Are we still unafraid?
"I would be a fool if I was unafraid in this moment in time. It would be folly to believe that I could defeat you alone, in these depths, amidst great darkness, with your vice-like grip holding me in place, when you were able to combat and shed our squad with relative ease and likewise have your fair share of strong resistances." Daisuke shakes his head softly, "No, I try my best not to be a fool... I just can't help but shake the feeling that our conflict is born from a misunderstanding. Like two hunting parties who both stumble upon their respective prey and end up fighting each other unnecessarily."

The Arismal straightens up slightly, "So allow me to offer an olive branch of information. I am Daisuke Hamamatsu. Member of the mercenary squad Heroes for Hire. We tracked our long lost teammate, Ashlynn, to this location and sought to rid her of whatever entity is possessing her. Sounds like your bosses, the Lords of Hades, want this same being 'silenced'. So let's settle up and talk about how we can both achieve our goals rather than accidentally let the quarry slip through our fingers because we are too busy fighting each other. What else do you need to do? Trap it somehow? Maybe inside that strange box? Collect some keys? Think its on its way here in fast-moving gurgoyle form, so if there is a plan, now's the time to share it."

Daisuke hopes with genuine sincerity that the conversation continues and doesn't devolve into combat once more. The more I can learn about the situation we are embroiled in, the more opportunities there will be to come up with solutions. The Arismal tries to keep his mind under guarded control, knowing that the demon locust is able to telepathically intrude, he does not want his thoughts to accidentally give anything away.

If, however, he is pulled back into combat against the demon locust, Daisuke knows that his options are quite limited. He is effectively being held by the locust. Subject to its whims given its supernatural strength. He has no means of severing his own hand, not that that would be a particularly desirable option either. So if needed, he will resort to distraction and if by some chance the locust either releases him, or pincers his hand off (thus freeing him from the demon's grip), Daisuke will create and flee through a portal in the chaos. He would comically exclaim, "Tardigrade swarm attack!" moments after the mass of microscopic animals were summoned and would try to target his portal upward toward the surface.

If parlay breaks down and the Demon locust attacks Daisuke, the Arismal will try to distract with a swarm of summoned tardigrades and escape via portal amidst the chaos

APM: 7
Action 1: Summon & Command Small Animals (Tardigrade. swarm of 50 lbs worth)
Action 2: Command swarm to harass the demon locust.
Action 3: (only if released) Portal flee upward closer to the surface.
Actions 4-7: Reserved for Dodges: 1d20+4: [13]+4 = 17 , 1d20+4: [13]+4 = 17 , 1d20+4: [6]+4 = 10 , 1d20+4: [18]+4 = 22
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 516
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Interlude: A Time Lost

Post by Grant Latham »

New Perception: 78% vs 1d100: [63] = 63
JIC: 1d20: [8] = 8 , 1d100: [91] = 91
Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • Sense Ley Line: 89%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 99%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 150mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 97/97
  • I.S.P.: 94/94
  • P.P.E.: 578/656
  • Lord Magus Armor • Main Body: 50/50 Head: 45/45 Arms: 15/15 Legs:30/30
Energy Sphere (BOM 140 | 120 PPE | 60 days | 433 PPE, 500 M.D.C.)

Fly as an Eagle (BOM 115 | 25 PPE | 15.25 min | 50 mph, +1 Parry/+2 Dodge)

Infrared Vision | MA 9 | 5 PPE | 36.25 min | Thermal Imaging - visual range 500'

Invincible Armor (BOM 121 | 30 PPE | 15.25 min | 250 M.D.C., 1/2 damage from energy, regenerate 1d6 M.D.C/round, Full EBA)

5 PPE | BOM 98 | 35.25 min | Lift +50%, Carry +10%, ignores required leverage

Sustain (BOM 109 | 12 PPE | 30 days | Provides Air, Food and Water, only need 2 hours of sleep per night)



Pilot Tanks & APCs 50% vs 1d100: [85] = 85
Sensory Equipment 104% vs 1d100: [58] = 58
Weapon Systems 99% vs 1d100: [83] = 83


The APC is moving at a modest speed, obeying all speed limits. Inside, Grant quickly grabs the headset and puts it over his ears, and pulls down the microphone near his mouth. He turns on the intercom to the APC, "Back when I was studying at good ol' UL (University of Lazlo), there was an elective on hovercraft. They had one day where we got to mess around with what they called a half track. This doesn't seem to much different. Thank you Truck Master Hover Truck Driving School! I estimate we are about 3 minutes away from the Blue Beauty."

He looks down at the scanners. Over the radio and intercom he says, "There appear to be a significant presence closing on the town from three sides. Once we pick up the rest of the team, we need to get out of here. Ashlynn, I'd say grab one of the laser turrets or mini-missile launchers." (The description says that C-4T and C-MV12 are manually operated) For his part, he slaps the switches to activate the rail gun turret on the roof. He rotates the turret so it's pointing to the rear. The rumble of the APC slows down as he feels the wheels start to slide on the ice and Grant decides caution is better than speed.
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record
Info
M.D.C.: 97/[color=#FF00000]97[/color] • P.P.E.: 656/656 • I.S.P.: 94/94 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 89% | 100mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 99% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 1500mi • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Ashlynn
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 310
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Interlude: A Time Lost

Post by Ashlynn »

Perception: 82% /87% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100: [60] = 60

JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20
JIC: 1d100: [30] = 30
Grant wrote:"Back when I was studying at good ol' UL (University of Lazlo), there was an elective on hovercraft. They had one day where we got to mess around with what they called a half track. This doesn't seem to much different. Thank you Truck Master Hover Truck Driving School! I estimate we are about 3 minutes away from the Blue Beauty. There appear to be a significant presence closing on the town from three sides. Once we pick up the rest of the team, we need to get out of here. Ashlynn, I'd say grab one of the laser turrets or mini-missile launchers."
Time to work. Ashlynn then puts her remarkable mind to work, effectively multi-tasking herself back to fighting strength, partitioning her fears and guilt and dread into a part of her mind she doesn't need right now, and focusing instead on the job at hand. All at once she wipes the tears from her face, sets her jaw, and climbs into the the APC's laser turret.

Feels like forever since I've been in here.

In a clear voice she radios. "Turret is good to go. We're coming, Daisuke. If you can lure them surface-ward, that'd be a big help."

She looks down a Huey, looking up at her plaintively. He alone knows her feelings right now. She offers him a smile. "It's all good, Huey. Let's save our friends."
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 45/45
S.D.C.: 68/68


TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
OOC Comments
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 45/45
  • Arms: 40/40 each
  • Legs: 45/45 each
  • Main Body: 42/100

Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, and +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
Features:
  • All Features of Triax EBA
  • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
  • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
  • Infrared & thermal masking


N-F20A Medium Force Field (integrated into FreeRunner Exoskeleton)
OOC Comments
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 75

Features:
  • 10 hour duration per E-clip
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 298
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Interlude: A Time Lost

Post by Weiss »

Perception: 1d100<56: [85] = 0
JIC 1d100: [18] = 18 1d20: [11] = 11

Zoe Barenger wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:41 am From the surface, Weiss and Keiko provide overwatch using the Beauty's superior systems and firepower. While scanning, Weiss does his best to walk Grant through how to properly drive the APC without crashing all while scanning the signatures at the bottom. Weiss can track Barracuda's signature and notes the two signatures that had been circling nothing rapidly approached Barracuda with one signature almost seeming to collide with his underwater ally.
"Ben, they are converging on your position. Move towards the surface, so I can provide covering fire." he radios Barracuda. Water was Barracuda's element, but being sat on the sidelines didn't sit well with Weiss. Being in the fray was his forte.
Zoe Barenger wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:41 am Further past Barracuda's signature, Weiss can track Daisuke's which is nearest the bottom and nearest the largest other signature in the lake. As Weiss hears the end of Daisuke's taunts, he can see on the scanner as the locusts' signature seems to rush closer to Daisuke. Weiss is confident, thanks to the locusts' size, he could hit the locust without hitting Daisuke but he can't be sure how effective his ammunition will be at that depth.
If not engaged, he will lock onto the Locust, ready to deploy a firing solution. Even if it didn't hurt the Locust much, it might provide a distraction to enable D to escape or complete his objective. We completed our original objective. Just wish I understood what the Demons' objective was.

Weapon Systems 84% (+5%) +5% in Robot or P.A. 1d100<89: [43*] = 1
Keiko wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:24 am Keiko looks at the blip for a moment. Damn. There's one behind us. Wiess needs to focus else where. I can handle one demon. No issues. Keiko turns to Wiess, "Wiess we got one near us in the trees. I can take him. You keep helping the others. I'll keep your back free from pests." Keiko casts several spells and activate her forcefield before winking to Wiess with a thumbs up and exiting the Beauty.
"Watch your back. This group seems way too small for normal Demon SOP." Weiss warns Keiko as he sends out an active ping on his radar.

Sensory Equipment 1d100<74: [48*] = 1 Ground effect radar can identify and track up to 48 targets simultaneously (30 mile range). All those targets won't be difficult to pick up as he also tries to identify what is coming.

"Frak, we have serious incoming. Grant, what are your orders? I can slow them down" Weiss begins plotting a firing solution for his MRMs and SRMs. Too out of range for the Minis just yet.

Combat
Initiative 1d20+3: [10]+3 = 13
Railgun strike 1d20+6: [14]+6 = 20 damage 1d6*10: [4]*10 = 40 Railgun strike 1d20+6: [5]+6 = 11 damage 1d6*10: [4]*10 = 40
Railgun strike 1d20+6: [8]+6 = 14 damage 1d6*10: [2]*10 = 20
Railgun strike 1d20+6: [5]+6 = 11 damage 1d6*10: [1]*10 = 10
Railgun strike 1d20+6: [16]+6 = 22 damage 1d6*10: [6]*10 = 60
Railgun strike 1d20+6: [19]+6 = 25 damage 1d6*10: [3]*10 = 30
Railgun strike 1d20+6: [7]+6 = 13 damage 1d6*10: [4]*10 = 40



Parry 1d20+11: [20]+11 = 31 Parry 1d20+11: [12]+11 = 23 Parry 1d20+11: [13]+11 = 24 Parry 1d20+11: [15]+11 = 26 Parry 1d20+11: [8]+11 = 19 Parry 1d20+11: [3]+11 = 14 Parry 1d20+11: [1]+11 = 12 Parry 1d20+11: [18]+11 = 29 Parry 1d20+11: [17]+11 = 28 Parry 1d20+11: [10]+11 = 21 Parry 1d20+11: [1]+11 = 12

Dodge 1d20+11: [3]+11 = 14 Dodge 1d20+11: [11]+11 = 22 Dodge 1d20+11: [2]+11 = 13 Dodge 1d20+11: [5]+11 = 16 Dodge 1d20+11: [6]+11 = 17 Dodge 1d20+11: [1]+11 = 12 Dodge 1d20+11: [13]+11 = 24 Dodge 1d20+11: [10]+11 = 21 Dodge 1d20+11: [11]+11 = 22 Dodge 1d20+11: [3]+11 = 14
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 419
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Interlude: A Time Lost

Post by Barracuda »

Perception: 1d100: [58] = 58 /46% (61% underwater)
JIC: 1d20: [8] = 8 / 1d100: [9] = 9
Vs Horror Factor 1d20+3: [6]+3 = 9

With his hand lighting the way, Barracuda continues heading toward what he thinks might be Daisuke. He's caught by surprise when some sort of demonic fish tries to take a chunk out of him. His enhanced reflexes underwater allow him to avoid the snap but the frightening visage shakes him to his core. You're a terrifying bastard, aren't you?

Barracuda tries to blind his foe before dispatching it with his trusty polearm.

Initiative: 1d20+3: [6]+3 = 9
APM: 8

Action 1: Fire Light Beam at Big Fish's face.
Action 2: Grab King Tide.
Action 3: Charge King Tide.
Action 4: Strike Big Fish with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+8: [4]+8 = 12 Damage: 7d6+25: [2, 2, 1, 4, 3, 5, 1]+25 = 43
Action 5: Strike Big Fish with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+8: [9]+8 = 17 Damage: 7d6+25: [3, 1, 2, 5, 6, 2, 6]+25 = 50
Action 6: Strike Big Fish with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+8: [3]+8 = 11 Damage: 7d6+25: [5, 5, 4, 5, 5, 5, 6]+25 = 60
Action 7: Strike Big Fish with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+8: [10]+8 = 18 Damage: 7d6+25: [5, 2, 1, 1, 6, 5, 2]+25 = 47
Action 8: Strike Big Fish with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+8: [7]+8 = 15 Damage: 7d6+25: [5, 5, 6, 6, 1, 3, 3]+25 = 54

Parries: 1d20+12: [14]+12 = 26 1d20+12: [6]+12 = 18 1d20+12: [7]+12 = 19 1d20+12: [10]+12 = 22 1d20+12: [20]+12 = 32 1d20+12: [3]+12 = 15 1d20+12: [8]+12 = 20 1d20+12: [1]+12 = 13
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
Ledger
User avatar
Zoe Barenger
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:17 am
Location: AGM: Heroes for Hire
Contact:

Re: Interlude: A Time Lost

Post by Zoe Barenger »

Heroes Conditions wrote:Time and Location: 2345:00(1145PM), Northern Tundra (southern region)
Environmental Conditions: Outside Temp; -25*C (-13*F)]

[Scout it Out]

Ronith decides to maximize his time and hops onto his Prowler to scout out the signatures that are converging on the town while Grant and Ashlynn head towards Weiss's location. While enroute, Grant radios ahead and Weiss spools up his SRMs at the news.

Ronith is able to push the maximum prowling speed of the Prowler thanks to his own skill and covers the ground fairly quickly. It isn't long before Ronith sees the first silhouettes ahead of him. Keeping his Prowler quiet, he scouts closer to identify the target and is horrified by what he sees. Hobbling in the snow is a pair of normal people that seem to be draped underneath an animal skin, it looks like an older woman and possibly a teenager. Any sort of aura check reveals a pair of very mundane and cold people.

Should Ronith scout around any further, he will find that all of the signatures they picked up are the apparent survivors of the town that scattered when the demon battle started. Many of them appear bloodied, limping and injured.

Ronith is able to scout and reroute back to the Beauty without being spotted.

[Overwatch]

Keiko departs the Beauty after reinforcing herself with some magic and prepares to search out the lurker in the trees. Weiss manages to confirm a strong firing solution on the locust with his system, essentially prioritizing that target. When Weiss pings his ground radar, he pings more than 48 targets converging on the town. Though tracking the ground targets and establishing a firing solution for them, Weiss begins to unleash a flurry of fire towards the locust. The railgun blasts ripping through the ice and cutting through the water with a fair degree of efficiency. Weiss is confident at least three of his volleys hit the locust and nothing hit Barracuda nor Daisuke.

Keiko plays a game of cat and mouse with the Gurgoyle. When she taunts it, she hears a vicious growl from behind her and she quickly dodges a pair of razor-sharp claws that slash past her face. The Gurgoyle tumbling and rolling in the snow and recentering too late. Keiko moves upon the demon with a ferocious speed and the Gurgoyle can do little more than parry as many slashes as it can. Keiko feels elated and presses her advantage and whittles the Gurgoyle's stamina and resilience down to nothing. It can barely move its arms as Keiko then mercilessly shreds the demon with her vibro-axe.

[The Dark Deep]

Barracuda responds by blasting a ray of light towards the fishie’s face which elicits an underwater screech as it quickly swims away into the darkness. Barracuda takes his trident and floats while charging it in the dark water. A moment into his free floating, the fishie makes another pass at him though Barracuda is able to deftly deflect the attack. He suffers a couple more swipes before King’s Tide is ready. However, when King’s tide is ready, Barracuda readies himself and is able to pierce the demon on its next pass. The underwater shriek makes the water ripple slightly as it tries to dart away. Another swim by and Barracuda connects again. Barracuda suddenly feels a heavy impact and feels a tearing motion as a second demon fish cuts into his armor (-28 MDC MB). Barracuda is able to quickly reel around to the second target that he can see is already wounded. A well placed jab rips right through the soft skin of the aquatic and its body seems to fall limp. Barracuda is able to quickly rend the second one as well with only a couple scratch marks and a wonderful memory.

Daisuke finds himself wrestling the locust at a horrible disadvantage and instead of resisting, attempts to talk to the demon further. While the vicegrip of the locust is unrelenting, it is also not bone-crushing painful. The Locust seems genuinely interested in Daisuke, though not in a good way. As Daisuke speaks, the locust doesn’t interrupt and instead the outline of the demon face is seen still floating, swaying slightly from side to side as Daisuke speeks. He can barely see the contours of the jaw and the indent where the eyes are. When Daisuke finishes his attempted olive branch, he can see a terrifying smile crease the lips of the demon. You body will do. It answers and Daisuke feels himself slowly being moved towards the large prism, like the demon is going to push Daisuke through it.

There is a subdued boom and suddenly Daisuke finds himself being flailed to the side, suddenly free of the Locusts grip as a series of well placed shots from above pepper the Locust who vanishes into the darkness of the water. Weiss’s tracking system follows the Locust as it seems to vanish into one of the crevices at the bottom of the lake floor. Weiss can also see that the two others that had been circling Barracuda are no longer pinging, nor is the one Keiko went to investigate.

[Link-Up]

Grant and Ashlynn both pull up to the Beauty approximately 30 seconds after the last round was heard and can see Keiko outside the Beauty with an axe on her shoulder. Ronith pulls up a few moments later, however both Barracuda and Daisuke are currently still underwater.

What are you doing?
Heroes for Hire AGM

Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

╭∩╮(✿◠‿◠)╭∩╮
User avatar
Daisuke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 2:34 am
Location: Heroes for Hire

Re: Interlude: A Time Lost

Post by Daisuke »

-----------------------------------
Perception: d%: [3] = 3 | 48%
JIC: 1d20: [16] = 16 | d%: [50] = 50 %
Initiative: 1d20+4: [8]+4 = 12
-----------------------------------
Character Sheet
  • Eye of Odin (left eye): 20/20 vision, Nightvision (600', constant, no cost)), See Aura (constant, no cost), See the Invisible (constant, no cost)
  • Swallowing Limbo [400lbs nonliving] (1/4 people)
    • Gunnar [112.00 min]
    • <empty>
    • <empty>
    • <empty>
  • Instant Wardrobe [40lbs] (2/4)
  • Instant Weapon [90lbs] (1/2)

  • HP/MDC: 70/70
    SDC: 211/211
    PPE: 13/13
T-43 Explorer
Image
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 50
  • Arms: 20 right | 0/20 left (destroyed)
  • Legs: 25 each
  • Main Body: 70
Weight: 20 lbs
Modifiers: Good to fair mobility, -5% to Climb and Swimming, -12% to other physical skills.
Features:
  • All features standard to Triax environmental armor (p.34, WB5)
Book Reference: p.56, WB 34

Saving Throw Bonuses (if Mimic/revert to base stats)
Eye of Odin grants +1 save vs all (not included below)
Coma/Death: 28% (+4%)
Toxins (15+): +7 (+1)
Magic (varies): +7 (+1)
Magic (Illusions): +10 (+2)
Magic (mind-altering): +15 (+7)
Lethal Poison (14+): +7 (+1)
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +7 (+1)
Insanity (12+): +16
Psionics (12+): +7
Horror Factor: +12
Disease: +7 (+2)
Drugs (mind-altering): +8 (+6)
Possession: +13 (+6)
Conditions
  • Copy Animal Attributes (Tardigrade: Swimming 98%, Immune to Cold, Breathe Under Water, Vulnerable to Heat, Ability to Pause Metabolism). 37.00 min

Skill rolls
  • Detect Concealment. d%: [34] = 34 |66% <== Assess Locust hiding. Primarily focusing on whether Daisuke should expect a sudden re-appearance.
  • Intelligence. d%: [42] = 42 |69% <== Determine whether box/prism is physical in nature or something else altogether.
The Demon Locust's unyielding grip and lack of monologuing has Daisuke growing increasingly concerned. Could this be the end of me? One gamble at intelligence with the wrong powerful enemy and I may meet my demise submerged in this cursed abyssal lake. <tsk tsk tsk> Do not chide yourself at taking risks... There was advantage to be had! Worth the gamble!

Daisuke's internal dialogue with Kondo is then cut abruptly short by the highly effective rounds shot from the surface. "Yes! Nice shots!" he exults over the comms with great relief. "Perfect timing! Thanks to your shots, the Locust tossed me aside in favor of finding cover."

Did I make myself a new target for the demon? Why was he trying to push me through the large prism? What exactly is this thing?

Newly freed, Daisuke communicates an update to his team while he gathers handfuls of lake-floor sediment and tosses it toward the box/prism. "Couldn't get the demon to reveal anything more about its plans. But I may have inadvertently added myself to its target list. Perhaps superhumans are among the 'keys' that these competing demons are looking for? Also, there is some manner of box or prism down on this lake floor. Hard to see its physical nature without light. But its aura is curious, like television white static. And there may be a directionality to its aura as when I was looking at it from the opposite side, the aura seemed negative or inverted the white static. I'm going to investigate further."

If the tossed sediment simply lays atop the box/prism's aura, Daisuke can conclude that it is something physical. If instead there are flashes as the sediment incinerates, then the Arismal can conclude that it has some manner of protective energy field. If the sediment simply vanishes, then perhaps the space is not physical in nature but some manner of tear in space-time or portal leading elsewhere.

All the while, Daisuke will keep a keen eye out for the possible return of the demon locust or its allies. Should they return, the Arismal will try to portal escape toward the surface, realizing that he has exhausted the intelligence-gathering opportunities of playing the victim and will be eager to rejoin the rest of the H4H squad.

If the Locust or its allies return and attack.

APM: 7
Action 1: Radio the presence of bogeys and ask for aid.
Action 2: Portal flee upward closer to the surface.
Actions 3-7: Reserved for Dodges: 1d20+4: [8]+4 = 12 , 1d20+4: [4]+4 = 8 , 1d20+4: [14]+4 = 18 , 1d20+4: [19]+4 = 23
User avatar
Keiko
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

Re: Interlude: A Time Lost

Post by Keiko »

Perception: 1d100: [85] = 85 /45%
JIC: 1d20: [3] = 3 ; 1d100: [20] = 20
Active Effects
  • Dimensional Attenuation: 150 Miles
  • Excellent hearing and smell
  • Sixth Sense
  • Fighting Spirit: +2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (1D8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 6 Minutes
  • Invisibility: Simple: Duration: 18 Minutes
  • Superhuman Agility: + 1 on initiative, + 1 to parry, +5 to dodge and +5 to roll with impact. Automatic Dodge (+5; the act of dodging - moving out of the way of an attack - without spending one of his own melee attacks). Automatically rolls with impact from falls, when struck by a moving vehicle or when struck by explosions/ concussive blasts (including sonic blasts). +20% to Climb/Rappel skill. Duration: 6 minutes
  • Fleet Feet: x2 SPD, PP, APM. -2 Init. Duration: 6 minutes
Keiko in the middle of her deadly dance pauses. The demon on the verge of death and all energy spent, Keiko lifts his chin with her axe. Keiko gives him a wonderful predatory smile, death sparkles in her eyes, as she cleaves him with her axes. Keiko giggles slightly at the wet thump of the body hitting the ground. "Well, You tried." Keiko keys her radio, her voice full of cheer, "Weiss, you're all clear out here. Let me know if you pick up anything else." Keiko sets her axe on her shoulder as she see's the others arriving near the Beauty. Good timing. We got Ash back. Are we still trying to get the body of the demon that possessed her? Sounds like Daisuke has been having some trouble. Well, I'm done here. I guess I'll head back to the APC.

Keiko waves to the APC as it pulls up. Blood dripping off her axes. Keiko comes jogging over to the APC, moving much faster then she normally does. When she gets closer its easily noticeable that her fur is matted with demon blood. Keiko skids to a stop. "ThatwasmuchfasterthenIthought." Keiko takes a breath and focuses on slowing her speech, "Hey guys. Welcome to the party. But I think it's just about over. We are clear here, But it sounds like Daisuke is still down in the lake."

Keiko looks to Ronith and Grant to see what their next move is. I wonder what they are going to do. There is still some kind of object in the bottom of the lake. I'm sure they want to do something about it. But is it really our problem? We got what we came for...right?

If Ash is outside the APC Keiko moves over to Ash and gives her a hug, "You look better then you did a while ago. Didn't get to say before, but I'm glad your back with us."
Keiko

P.P.E.: 110/110
I.S.P.: 35/35
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 86/86
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
Helmet - 40/40
Left Arm 20/20
Right Arm 20/20
Right Leg 30/30
Left Leg 30/30
Main Body - 60/60
Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
Post Reply

Return to “Heroes for Hire Adventure Forum”