Does Anybody Really Know What Time It is?

The continuing adventures of an arrogant elf, and the masochists who join him on his fools errands.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Post Reply
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
Posts: 417
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Does Anybody Really Know What Time It is?

Post by Virtus »

Heroes for Hire are enjoying much deserved rest. Zoe has had a few miscellaneous requests come in, but nothing of much note. The days have been very pleasant, even to the point of rewarding any who open a window to let the gentle breeze waft through.

It's midday on a Sunday afternoon when Zoe comes in. "I hate to break up everyone's leisure time, but we've just received a message via courier for a lucrative job. However, it's dangerous, if it's real." Drawing everyone into the meeting room, she closes the door. Holding a plain brown envelope, she dumps its contents onto the meeting table. There is a set of keys and a letter. The letter reads:
Heroes For Hire,

We write to you in great urgency. Your secrecy on this matter is paramount, which is why we chose Heroes for Hire particularly. A danger to hundreds of thousands of beings on this content has arisen in Chi-Town. Having exhausted all other option, we humbly extend a contract to you for 8,000,000 credits, unsecured for the successful completion of this mission. We are willing to provide 1,000,000 now as a deposit. It is to be clandestine, requiring infiltration into Chi-Town, with which we can assist, even cloaking your team from psychic probes. If you are interested, come to 3131 Mishiwaka Rd, apartment D. The key will open the door. We have the location under surveillance and will meet you if and when you arrive.


Zoe also reads it aloud. Finishing she says, "That's all the information it came with." she says, looking up uncertainly at the team.

((If you don't like this job, you are not required to take it.))
User avatar
Keiko
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

Re: Twenty Five or Six to Four

Post by Keiko »

Perception: 1d100: [53] = 53 /45%
JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 ; 1d100: [3] = 3
Active Effects
Keiko makes sure to sit next to Barracuda. She is enjoying the beautiful weather clad is a thin strapped orange and red summer dress that lets her fur ruffle in the breeze. Keiko lets her tail rest on Barracuda's leg as she listens to the brief description of the job, or lack there of. Keiko stiffens and her tail slides off his leg as it flicks around in annoyance. Keiko doesn't look very happy at the description of the job, "I know I'm the newest person here and that we need money, but really? Infiltrating Chi-Town for 8 mil? Sounds like a trap to me. I mean maybe if it was 8 mil for each of us. That would offset the risk in my opinion. Not only do I stick out, a lot, but I know I have a personal bounty on my head with the Coalition for some past run ins." Keiko swears under her breath, "Should not have let that dogboy live." Keiko smiles again, " Sorry. I'm sure they would love to get everyone here. I don't think we have a 'Normal' person in the group. Seems like to much risk to too little reward. Especially since we are in need of a high paying job. Just my opinion. Most of you can blend in with some spells to hide your magic or abilities. I don't even look like their battle cats. If you guys really want to do it, then I'm with you, but I think we should pass on this job. I think it exposes us too much." Also if a bunch of people who hate me for just existing get annihilated so much the better. Could Quinn be there? Nah. I know he sought the CS's protection in the past but I don't know how long a Techno-Wizard could stay in their care without being discovered. Keiko, for once, looks visibly worried. Through out the previous escapades in the past, and even finding Ash again, Keiko never looked worried. She was always jovial and happy for the most part. This is the first time she seems worried or concerned about the mission.
Keiko

P.P.E.: 110/110
I.S.P.: 35/35
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 86/86
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
Helmet - 40/40
Left Arm 20/20
Right Arm 20/20
Right Leg 30/30
Left Leg 30/30
Main Body - 60/60
Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 534
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Twenty Five or Six to Four

Post by Grant Latham »

New Perception: 78% vs 1d100: [59] = 59
JIC: 1d20: [16] = 16 , 1d100: [100] = 100
Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • Sense Ley Line: 89%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 99%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 150mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 97/97
  • I.S.P.: 94/94
  • P.P.E.: 656/656
  • Lord Magus Armor • Main Body: 50/50 Head: 45/45 Arms: 15/15 Legs:30/30

When they are called together, Grant hands out an Invincible Armor talisman to everyone, "This talisman will create a protective field for about 30 minutes. The field will regenerate slowly during the time it's active and is more effective against energy weapons than physical ones. Compared to the Armor of Ithan talisman, this one is about five times more effective. It is also visible to others, so you won't be sly when you activate it."

Code: Select all

[b]Talisman of Invincible Armor[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2019/01/26/20190126131236-e522d633.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Talisman[/i]
[u]Magic Features[/u]
[list][*]Invincible Armor
[*]250 M.D.C. Regenerate 1d6 M.D per round
[*]Full EBA, 1/2 Damage from Energy
[*]Duration: 30 minutes
[*]Charges: 3[/list]
Book Reference: p.121, BoM[/size]


He finds a place to sit down and listens to Zoe. He nods in agreement with Keiko's assessment. "As long as we don't encounter any psychics, Ashlynn, Corwin, and I could possibly walk around with properly forged documentation for a short period time. Sir Ronith would need to wear a hat and maybe a fake beard to hide his elven features, but Keiko would be an instant curiosity. If it wasn't for the mention about hiding us from psychic probes I would discard this immediately. If whatever method they think will work is durable and repeatable, then it is probably worth hearing them out."

I could try to Object Read the letter and keys to find out where these things came from. If they can block probes, I probably wouldn't be able to get anything about where they are currently. Maybe... Grant finishes his thought out loud. "With Beltin wanting to stay closer to Marit, isn't he learning how to be a detective or police officer here in Merc-Town? Could he perhaps, check these for fingerprints or other clues that might tell us about our prospective employers? I am willing to use my skills as well to see what impressions or images I can glean."
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record
Info
M.D.C.: 97/[color=#FF00000]97[/color] • P.P.E.: 656/656 • I.S.P.: 94/94 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 89% | 100mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 99% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 1500mi • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Keiko
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

Re: Twenty Five or Six to Four

Post by Keiko »

**Rolls Held Over**

Keiko greatfully takes the talisman, "Thanks Grant. I love this spell. I wish I could cast it. I'm thinking of getting some additional magic training from a Shifter. I think that would help me out considerably."

Keiko see's Grant nodding in response to her protest against this job. Well, maybe. He seems to still want to pursue it a little. Might just be curious. But curiosity killed the cat and I'm not about to bite it now. Keiko does pip up once more, "So I might have a different lead. One with risk, but nothing as insane as infiltrating THEE CS Capital. I was speaking with Mr. Bennett from the TW weapons shop down the street, bout getting a custom battle Fury Axe made. Apparently the main mine that supplies rubies and other gems for TW creation has been taken over by some kind of demonic force. I have the location, and I'm sure if we approached the owners we could negotiate a very lucrative deal for securing the mine. Also Mr. Bennett is willing to knock of a massive amount of the price of the axe depending on how many gems I can bring him. Anyway. Just an idea. I would rather clear out a nest of demons over infiltrating Chi-Town." Keiko fidgets in her seat and gently slides a little closer to Barracuda. A small smile on her face seemly calmed by Barracuda being next to her.
Keiko

P.P.E.: 110/110
I.S.P.: 35/35
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 86/86
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
Helmet - 40/40
Left Arm 20/20
Right Arm 20/20
Right Leg 30/30
Left Leg 30/30
Main Body - 60/60
Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
Posts: 626
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Twenty Five or Six to Four

Post by Ronith »

JIC: 1d20: [15] = 15 , 1d100: [19] = 19
PER: 1d100: [56] = 56 vs. 94%

Ronith smiles to himself as the rest of the team reaffirms his leadership. Well… that’s something. Perhaps Weiss’ concern for his family clouded his judgement. Regardless, best to just put the issue behind us. ”I thank you all for your confidence. Enjoy the down time, I’ll see you when I return.” Assuming an uneventful trip to and from the Granite Hall, Ronith uses the time to digest everything that’s happened. After so many centuries effectively frozen in place, suddenly things are happening quickly- and he has no idea where they might lead. The thought prompts a surprisingly wide grin.

Back at the Haven, assuming Ronith has nothing to report from the cyber-knights he’ll get Grant’s report and nod solemnly. ”We’ve done all we can to safeguard the thing for now. Hopefully those more learned may have some actionable information on it in time.” He’ll accept the magus’ proffered talisman with a nod, murmuring ”The ones you gave me served me well. Which reminds me, think you’ll have time for a recharge before we head out?” Either way, Ronith’s attention then turns to two potential paying jobs- Zoe’s and Keiko’s. ”If nothing else, I should attend this clandestine meeting the author proposes and find out more. A threat to the entire American continent concerns us all, and if this job is actually paying then so much the better. The team’s coffers could use a refill if I recall correctly. If they mean for us to infiltrate the city itself, it could prove challenging without some way to mask our team’s magical gear. We could probably pass a superficial inspection- Keiko as a felinoid from Lone Star, and myself with headgear or armor- but there are enough mutants and D-Bees in this group that we’d likely fail a detailed pass. Whoever wants to hire us must have considered this possibility. Perhaps they know about our last adventure there” where we met Beltin ”or perhaps there’s another reason. Regardless, we’re not committing to anything just by showing up. As for the gem mine, Keiko, why don’t you find out how much they’re offering to clear out the place. Perhaps we can take care of it along the way, or between jobs. I realize that infiltrating Chi-Town is a tall order, but we’ve at least gotten to the ‘burbs before and the team was… more obviously not the Coalition’s kind of people at the time. The bottom line is, if the threat is that large then it concerns us all. Any questions?” When he (and anyone who wants to tag along) is ready, Ronith will then head to the appointed meeting place.
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent)
| BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
ISP- 69/91; PPE- 47/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
Frostfang Heals: 0/4. Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (1/3); Cleanse (3/3)
User avatar
Ashlynn
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 318
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Twenty Five or Six to Four

Post by Ashlynn »

Perception: 82% /87% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100: [100] = 100

JIC: 1d20: [3] = 3
JIC: 1d100: [12] = 12

As they gather, Ashlynn accepts the Talisman of Invincible armor from grant with a smile. His talismans - talismen? - what's the plural on that? They've saved my bacon before. "Thank you, Grant."

Ash listens as Zoe reads aloud the job offer. Sneaking into Chi-Town? I might be able to pass for a normal human... but Keiko?

As she thinks that very thought, Keiko voices it. Ash nods in agreement as Keiko voices her concern. "Yeah... I mean, it's a big risk for Keiko especially." As Grant parses the risk, and articulates ways of trying to find out more information, Ashlynn wonders aloud, "It's possible it's a trap. Maybe they've heard of us in Chi-Town, and sending us a job offer with a big price tag would be one way to get us to come to them. Close enough to try and catch us."

After Ronith discusses the possibility of attending the meeting, Ash sidles over to Keiko, slipping an arm through hers, around the elbow.

"Hey. I know this worries you... and you got a point. I... want you to know... if Ronith decides we take this job... I'mma look out for you. I've heard Chi-Town's big, an' it's got plenty of places to hide. If we gotta run and gun, we can do it." She smiles at the felinoid.

Ashlynn's mind flashes to a memory of her time as host to Unsere, and sees it as though it were her own memory.
a memory wrote:She raises her hand, incanting some language she knows, but does not recall - the words sound foreign, and achingly hard to discern - and feels energy flow through her, twisting and weaving into detectable patterns before arcing out, opening a small rift. With a glance around she sees an array of dead bodies, before casually stepping through the newly-opened rift.
That feeling... the energy forming patterns... could I do that again, if I had to? Maybe I should try it first - with Keiko or Grant around, in case something goes wrong.

"Besides," she smiles at Keiko, "I might have a trick or two up my sleeve anyhow."
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 45/45
S.D.C.: 68/68


TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
OOC Comments
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 45/45
  • Arms: 40/40 each
  • Legs: 45/45 each
  • Main Body: 42/100

Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, and +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
Features:
  • All Features of Triax EBA
  • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
  • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
  • Infrared & thermal masking


N-F20A Medium Force Field (integrated into FreeRunner Exoskeleton)
OOC Comments
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 75

Features:
  • 10 hour duration per E-clip
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 433
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Twenty Five or Six to Four

Post by Barracuda »

Perception: 1d100: [41] = 41 /46% (61% underwater)
JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9 / 1d100: [60] = 60

Corwin shows up to the meeting room in a purple t-shirt and khaki cargo pants. Sitting next to Keiko, he graciously accepts the talisman from Grant. Next he listens intently to the meeting while enjoying the comforting distraction of Keiko’s tail. When Zoe gets to the words "Chi-Town", the joy sucks out of his face. Zoe gets to the end and Corwin waits for the rest to speak before he chimes in. "As much as I hate to say it, if we have the chance to secure safety for hundreds of thousands of people, we should take it. I want to hear them out but we have to also ensure the safety of our team. " He looks to Keiko during that statement. "Some of us can walk the streets of a Coalition city just fine, but others would be shot on sight. We have to play this smart, and that starts with getting all of the intel. Maybe Grant and I go to figure out what this is about and bring back some news for you all. It means something that they thought of us first, and I want to honor that."

To Keiko’s information about another potential job, Corwin gives a puzzled look. "What’s a… Battle Fury Axe? That sounds cool as heck. I am up for smacking down some demons any day of the week."
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
Ledger
User avatar
Daisuke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 2:34 am
Location: Heroes for Hire

Re: Twenty Five or Six to Four

Post by Daisuke »

-----------------------------------
Perception: d%: [26] = 26 | 48%
JIC: 1d20: [16] = 16 | d%: [66] = 66 %
-----------------------------------
Character Sheet
  • Eye of Odin (left eye): 20/20 vision, Nightvision (600', constant, no cost)), See Aura (constant, no cost), See the Invisible (constant, no cost)
  • Swallowing Limbo [400lbs nonliving] (0/4 people)
    • <empty>
    • <empty>
    • <empty>
    • <empty>
  • Instant Wardrobe [40lbs each slot] (2/4)
  • Instant Weapon [90lbs each slot] (1/2)

  • HP/MDC: 70/70
    SDC: 211/211
    PPE: 13/13
T-43 Explorer
Image
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 50
  • Arms: 20 each
  • Legs: 25 each
  • Main Body: 70
Weight: 20 lbs
Modifiers: Good to fair mobility, -5% to Climb and Swimming, -12% to other physical skills.
Features:
  • All features standard to Triax environmental armor (p.34, WB5)
Book Reference: p.56, WB 34

TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
Image
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 45
  • Arms: 40 each
  • Legs: 45 each
  • Main Body: 100

Weight: 25 lbs.
Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
Features:
  • All Features of Triax EBA
  • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
  • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
  • Triples wearer's speed, fatigue reduced to 20% usual rate
  • Increase leap ability by 50%
  • Infrared & thermal masking

Book Reference: Kraus Imported Arms

Wilk's 1000 Pulse Laser Cannon
Image
  • Range: 3000'
  • Damage: 5D6+3 M.D. per shot or 3D4x10 M.D. per 3-pulse burst
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-pulse bursts only
  • Payload: 240 shots with a portable generator
  • Weight: 40 lbs.; portable generator weighs 70 lbs.
  • Features: W.P. Heavy M.D. Weapons; Generator recharges at 8 shots per hour; 1 hour to charge when connected to nuclear power supply
  • Modifiers: None
  • Book Reference: p.104, MercOps

Saving Throw Bonuses (if Mimic/revert to base stats)
Eye of Odin grants +1 save vs all (not included below)
Coma/Death: 28% (+4%)
Toxins (15+): +7 (+1)
Magic (varies): +7 (+1)
Magic (Illusions): +10 (+2)
Magic (mind-altering): +15 (+7)
Lethal Poison (14+): +7 (+1)
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +7 (+1)
Insanity (12+): +16
Psionics (12+): +7
Horror Factor: +12
Disease: +7 (+2)
Drugs (mind-altering): +8 (+6)
Possession: +13 (+6)
Conditions

    Daisuke relishes the downtime offered at Heroes Haven. He is sure to actively engage others in discussions, trying to find out more about his teammates and also to join in any group activities. From board games to sparring matches to marathon holo-vid sessions, he delves into them all with equal aplomb. Even if utterly destroyed in combat (a likely occurrence), the Arismal will show perhaps surprising determination and persevere, often asking for another round.

    Similarly, he also spends time with Zoe, Beltin and Marit. And will offer to help with any domestic tasks (primarily as an assistant) in an effort to both stay busy and also to stay grounded. Since the destruction of Arismal, one must always be reminded that this sense of 'normalcy' is what one is fighting for.
    Virtus wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:05 pm Heroes For Hire,

    We write to you in great urgency. Your secrecy on this matter is paramount, which is why we chose Heroes for Hire particularly. A danger to hundreds of thousands of beings on this content has arisen in Chi-Town. Having exhausted all other option, we humbly extend a contract to your for 8,000,000 credits, unsecured for the successful completion of this mission. We are willing to provide 1,000,000 now as a deposit. It is to be clandestine, requiring infiltration into Chi-Town, with which we can assist, even cloaking your team from psychic probes. If you are interested, come to 3131 Mishiwaka Rd, apartment D. The key will open the door. We have the location under surveillance and will meet you if and when you arrive.
    When the information is recited aloud by Zoe, Daisuke takes the opportunity to jot down the address on a scrap piece of paper.

    Once group discussion begins, Daisuke politely listens to the various contributions to his teammates and offers his own, largely echoing what Sir Ronith before him says.

    "I agree. If hundreds of thousands of lives on this continent are in danger, we should absolutely do what we can. Putting our lives in hazard's way is, after all, the central tenant of our profession." It is why we are 'Heroes' for hire. And also why we will be perpetually worse off financially than less scrupulous mercenary companies.

    "Before we head to the rendezvous, perhaps the address itself might lend a clue as to who might wish to use such a location. I'll see if I can't find anything." And Daisuke will head toward one of the Haven's computer terminals to do a little bit of research.

    Skill rolls:
    • Computer Operation. d%: [24] = 24 | 76% <== Use Haven computer terminal to access MercTown public information. Search query the address.
    • Research. d%: [6] = 6 | 61% <== Facilitate information search.
    • Streetwise. d%: [19] = 19 | 53% <== Try to determine if there are any clues based off of the address location (i.e. within a particular gang's territory, cross-correlates with known black market presence)
    • Intelligence. d%: [39] = 39 | 69% <== Determine if there are tactical advantages of the recommended location. Also try to determine ingress/egress options in case the meet goes south.
    User avatar
    Virtus
    Game Master
    Posts: 417
    Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

    Re: Twenty Five or Six to Four

    Post by Virtus »

    Daisuke begins digging up information. Zoe gets some snacks for everyone. After a few minutes Daisuke already has some more information. The address appears to be in one of the rougher areas of the burbs and a site of frequent gang attacks. Due to the nature of the area, Coalition forces tend to avoid it unless absolutely necessary though rumors persist that the CS have informants in the area to keep a finger on the pulse of the worse parts of the Burbs. Due to the high level of gang violence, most high level black market operators steer clear of the area. There aren't any photos of the exact apartment but the building is mostly boarded up.

    The only immediately apparent tactical advantage that can be discerned is that most people stay away. Weapons and even D-bees will sometimes hide in the area, but it's often too hazardous even for their tastes. There are a few underground structures that serve as the headquarters for the more powerful players in the area.

    Twice in the past the area had two masses death events. Some suggest that it was tests from the Coalition, while the Coalition points to alien diseases that may have come with D-bees entering the city.

    Zoe adds in, "I have no idea what tools the potential client may have, but if they are serious, they must realize how tough it is to get into Chi-town. Getting out might be the more important question. I think maybe pickup up some technological gadgets might be wise. Not sure how much you should be cracking off spells inside that place."

    ((If you decide to pursue this job further, make any further comments as necessary and outline how you wish to travel to the Burbs.))
    User avatar
    Keiko
    Posts: 120
    Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

    Re: Twenty Five or Six to Four

    Post by Keiko »

    Perception: 1d100: [58] = 58 /45%
    JIC: 1d20: [6] = 6 ; 1d100: [17] = 17
    Active Effects
    Barracuda wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:56 pm To Keiko’s information about another potential job, Corwin gives a puzzled look. "What’s a… Battle Fury Axe? That sounds cool as heck. I am up for smacking down some demons any day of the week."
    Keiko's tail twitches more freely as she looks at Barracuda with a smile and lays her paw on his leg, "It's a magic weapon. It magically enhances how fast I can swing my weapons on top of increasing how hard they hit to the range of some of Naruni's most powerful rifles. Additionally It creates a magic forcefield about half as effective as Grant's Invincible Armor spell. Very powerful, Very expensive, and Very hard to come by," Keiko's eye flash as he smile reaches her ears, "But well worth it to have."
    Ashlynn wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:46 pm
    After Ronith discusses the possibility of attending the meeting, Ash sidles over to Keiko, slipping an arm through hers, around the elbow.

    "Hey. I know this worries you... and you got a point. I... want you to know... if Ronith decides we take this job... I'mma look out for you. I've heard Chi-Town's big, an' it's got plenty of places to hide. If we gotta run and gun, we can do it." She smiles at the felinoid.

    "Besides," she smiles at Keiko, "I might have a trick or two up my sleeve anyhow."
    Keiko relaxes a little with the support of her friends. Keiko locks her elbow with Ash. Keiko smiles back at Ash, "We'll look out for each other. With both of us together, nothing could get the drop on us." Keiko raises her eyebrow at the statement, "Really? I can't wait to see it." Keiko smiles cheerfully at Ash.


    Keiko grabs some snacks and shares them with Barracuda. She is comfortable until she hears the report about the area. Its not in MT? The initial meeting in in Chi-Town? That's not good. Gives them homefield advantage without even trying...Something tells me Ronith is still going to pursue this. Maybe I can reason him down?
    Keiko gives a half cough half laugh. "Well that's not where I expected the initial meeting to be. I mean it's soooo obviously a trap. Right guys?" Keiko looks around, "Kind of the prefect trap. Just enough innocents in danger, and just enough money to not make it too suspicious. So likely we all go or we all don't go. Not going to be a meeting with half measures." Keiko looks down for a moment before rising her head and looking at Ronith. Her eyes serious, missing the pervious jovial light, "I expect you are still wanting to go to the meeting. I will still follow your lead, however I would like to say something before you make your rather obvious call to go the meeting." Keiko takes a breath, almost like trying to build her courage to say what she needs to, "I have met many beings from many places, without a doubt you are one of the strongest people I have ever met. Top 5, no question. I have no doubt you truly believe there is nothing you can not over come and not many things would likely challenge you. I have never known anyone to come back from what you did, when we were forced to leave you in the past. And that has likely skewed your perception of situations. I do not know the history of this outfit, but with the way you carry yourself. The obvious history you all share, H4H looks as if it has been around for a while. I guarantee you have established a pattern in how you operate in the jobs you select and how you conduct yourself in these jobs. Protecting the innocent, taking up the good fight, keeping the darkness of the supernatural at bay." Keiko smiles ever so slightly, "Nothing wrong with it, but it makes you predictable. It gives others too many ways to pull you into situations that may trap you in unexpected ways. Yes you may be able to fight your way out of most anything, what about the rest of us. We have limits. That was very evident when we were looking for Ash. We were struggling before you came back. We would have likely still prevailed, but your arrival allowed us to get complacent. You made us feel as if there was nothing to fear. Even I felt that way. But you can't always be there to pick us up. I'm not saying not to pursue the good fight, someone has to, but fight smarter. You have had more then 400 years to watch and learn from the mistakes of the past. You know this worlds history better then anyone now. And yet you would still charge headlong into this situation with no real exit strategy besides 'I can lead everyone out if I need to'. I really don't think this is worth out time. If you look at it from just a logic perspective, say we do this and it's a trap. I'd say 85 to 90% possible. We don't get our money, we expend even more resources which cost us more money that we don't have. If it's not a trap then It's likely still going to require a heavy expenditure of funds to conceal all of us. And the expenditure looks like it will have to be out of pocket, before we even meet these contacts. I'm just saying this doesn't seem very smart. Thanks for listening." Keiko leans back and leans against Barracuda's shoulder, letting out a long sigh. Keiko looks back at everyone, "Oh. If we are going to go, then I would like a set of EBA. Should help me not stick out. I don't have one, and I spent my money on upgrades to my Mage armor, which will likely get me killed if I take it."
    Keiko

    P.P.E.: 110/110
    I.S.P.: 35/35
    H.P.: 29/29
    S.D.C.: 86/86
    MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
    Helmet - 40/40
    Left Arm 20/20
    Right Arm 20/20
    Right Leg 30/30
    Left Leg 30/30
    Main Body - 60/60
    Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
    Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
    User avatar
    Daisuke
    Diamond Level Patron
    Diamond Level Patron
    Posts: 103
    Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 2:34 am
    Location: Heroes for Hire

    Re: Twenty Five or Six to Four

    Post by Daisuke »

    -----------------------------------
    Perception: d%: [55] = 55 | 48%
    JIC: 1d20: [16] = 16 | d%: [30] = 30 %
    -----------------------------------
    Character Sheet
    • Eye of Odin (left eye): 20/20 vision, Nightvision (600', constant, no cost)), See Aura (constant, no cost), See the Invisible (constant, no cost)
    • Swallowing Limbo [400lbs nonliving] (0/4 people)
      • <empty>
      • <empty>
      • <empty>
      • <empty>
    • Instant Wardrobe [40lbs each slot] (3/4)
    • Instant Weapon [90lbs each slot] (1/2)

    • HP/MDC: 70/70
      SDC: 211/211
      PPE: 13/13
    T-43 Explorer
    Image
    M.D.C. by Location:
    • Helmet: 50
    • Arms: 20 each
    • Legs: 25 each
    • Main Body: 70
    Weight: 20 lbs
    Modifiers: Good to fair mobility, -5% to Climb and Swimming, -12% to other physical skills.
    Features:
    • All features standard to Triax environmental armor (p.34, WB5)
    Book Reference: p.56, WB 34

    TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
    Image
    M.D.C. by Location:
    • Helmet: 45
    • Arms: 40 each
    • Legs: 45 each
    • Main Body: 100

    Weight: 25 lbs.
    Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
    Features:
    • All Features of Triax EBA
    • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
    • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
    • Triples wearer's speed, fatigue reduced to 20% usual rate
    • Increase leap ability by 50%
    • Infrared & thermal masking

    Book Reference: Kraus Imported Arms


    NG Bush Pilot Armored Jumpsuit
    Image
    M.D.C. by Location:
    • Flight Helmet: 35
    • Arms: 9 each
    • Legs: 20 each
    • Main Body: 25

    Weight: 6 lbs.
    Modifiers: None
    Features:
    • Flight helmet includes built-in radio and nightvision goggles

    Book Reference: p.77-78, WB33

    Wilk's 1000 Pulse Laser Cannon
    Image
    • Range: 3000'
    • Damage: 5D6+3 M.D. per shot or 3D4x10 M.D. per 3-pulse burst
    • Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-pulse bursts only
    • Payload: 240 shots with a portable generator
    • Weight: 40 lbs.; portable generator weighs 70 lbs.
    • Features: W.P. Heavy M.D. Weapons; Generator recharges at 8 shots per hour; 1 hour to charge when connected to nuclear power supply
    • Modifiers: None
    • Book Reference: p.104, MercOps

    Saving Throw Bonuses (if Mimic/revert to base stats)
    Eye of Odin grants +1 save vs all (not included below)
    Coma/Death: 28% (+4%)
    Toxins (15+): +7 (+1)
    Magic (varies): +7 (+1)
    Magic (Illusions): +10 (+2)
    Magic (mind-altering): +15 (+7)
    Lethal Poison (14+): +7 (+1)
    Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +7 (+1)
    Insanity (12+): +16
    Psionics (12+): +7
    Horror Factor: +12
    Disease: +7 (+2)
    Drugs (mind-altering): +8 (+6)
    Possession: +13 (+6)
    Conditions


      After relaying to the others, Daisuke stares hard at the information he has aggregated, trying to determine if he missed something critical. Something seems 'off' about the area.

      "I am not familiar with this 'Coalition' except for the general understanding that they are xenophobic, magic-phobic human supremacists indigenous to this world. Still, on general principal, this specific area of the burbs seems strange." Daisuke pauses for just a moment, choosing his words before speaking them.

      "Power abhors a vacuum. So inevitably even rough areas are claimed by stakeholders. A high level of gang violence suggests active conflict between groups, perhaps vying for supremacy of the area. They aren't fighting with surgical strikes against each other. But rather public displays that likely result in bystander casualties. Which is why the violence is common knowledge. During times like this, nominal services and supplies are interrupted. The environment is ripe for black market participation. It is strange that high level black market operators avoid the area." The facts don't quite match up.

      "I cannot find information about the specific factions in conflict. We may not be able to until we are on-site. And this also raises a red flag for me. I submit that it is entirely possible that some nefarious activity may be happening and they are using the chaos and discretion of the burbs as a cover. Worth investigating."
      Virtus wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:18 pm Zoe adds in, "I have no idea what tools the potential client may have, but if they are serious, they must realize how tough it is to get into Chi-town. Getting out might be the more important question. I think maybe pickup up some technological gadgets might be wise. Not sure how much you should be cracking off spells inside that place."
      "What are some of the security measures that must be bypassed to enter Chi-town?" Daisuke asks ignorantly. Assuming someone shares with him the details, the Arismal will nod solemnly. Yes, it will be quite the challenge to enter and exit without being tagged for capture.

      A thought then occurs to him. "Rather than leave anything magical or otherwise contraband behind that may be subject to search and seizure, might I suggest we package together a bundle that I hold in my dimensional space?" ((Instant Weapon)) Daisuke gestures wrapping items together. "At present I believe I can store 90 lbs worth of items at a time." Daisuke's gaze shifts to Grant then Keiko, wondering if the mages have similar dimensional tricks via magic that they are keen to use.
      Keiko wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:44 pmKeiko looks back at everyone, "Oh. If we are going to go, then I would like a set of EBA. Should help me not stick out. I don't have one, and I spent my money on upgrades to my Mage armor, which will likely get me killed if I take it."
      "I can lend you my NG Bush Pilot Armored Jumpsuit. It is lightweight and not cumbersome." Daisuke offers.
      User avatar
      Grant Latham
      Diamond Level Patron
      Diamond Level Patron
      Posts: 534
      Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
      Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
      Contact:

      Re: Twenty Five or Six to Four

      Post by Grant Latham »

      New Perception: 78% vs 1d100: [15] = 15
      JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4 , 1d100: [18] = 18
      Constant Abilities
      Character Sheet
      • Sense Ley Line: 89%
      • Sense Ley Line Nexus 99%
      • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 150mi
      • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'
      • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
      • Immune to Possession
      • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
      • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
      • Base Spell Strength: 15
      • Spell Range doubled
      • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
      • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
      • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
      Stats
      • M.D.C.: 97/97
      • I.S.P.: 94/94
      • P.P.E.: 656/656
      • Lord Magus Armor • Main Body: 50/50 Head: 45/45 Arms: 15/15 Legs:30/30
      As the conversation continues Grant sits with his arms folded and hands together forming the shape of a triangle. The tips of his index fingers touching his nose. He half listens to Keiko's mention of another mission involving demons.

      The note mentions the need for secrecy. The trouble is in Chi-Town, but to even interview the client we have to make our way up to the Burbs outside of it. What are we going to do with a million credits there in the burbs? If this is a trap, they could actually give us the credits and then their plan is to just reclaim it after whatever trap is sprung.

      He stands up suddenly and approaches Zoe, "May, I have the note?" Grant turns to the others and says, "I'll be back in a few minutes."

      He goes to his quarters and sits on the floor, legs crossed and places the note in his lap. Clearing his mind, he focuses on the note and attempts to Object Read it. He lets the feelings and images that form float, free to go where they may about who may have written the note. He will attempt to see the present if possible.


      Object Reading
      Duration: 2d6: [4, 1] = 5 min
      ISP: 6 (+4 for the present)
      General alignment of its last owner (good, selfish, evil), general emotional state of mind (angry, happy, sad, hate filled, confused, etc.), the object's general purpose (what it is used for), whether or not the last owner is living or dead, and whether the item has been used with/by magic or supernatural forces.
      88% vs 1d100: [82] = 82

      The psychic can also see images of isolated events which have happened in the past. This will provide brief snippets of images and events that will offer glances of the previous owner and others close to him. Traumatic and emotion filled events/images are the easiest to see. Impressions will accompany the images, adding to the story as it unfolds. Information includes: approximate age, height, weight, build, race, sex, sometimes occupation, hair color and length; special facial or body features such as a scar or tattoo or beard (very often the exact facial features are out of focus, blurred or obscured); the object's use/purpose; and some special event, usually very traumatic, important or happy. Often the event image will be fragmented as if it was a piece of movie film edited by a crazy man. The event will always be one in which the object was involved in some way.
      80% vs 1d100: [30] = 30


      The present can also be glimpsed, but costs an additional 4 I.S.P., with no guarantee of success. Sometimes the psychic can focus in to see and feel the last owner as he or she is at that very moment. This will provide an idea of what is his current state of mind/emotion, appearance, dress, general location (that is to say, a bedroom, office, street, outdoors, etc . ; no address or sense of close or far is provided), general features (shaved his beard, dyed hair, etc.) and so on. The psychic may be able to identify a place or person by feature if he has seen it before or runs into him in the near future.
      70% vs 1d100: [56] = 56

      Once he comes back to himself, he stands back up and stretches and returns to the main room with the rest of the group. He shares what he's learned with the group.

      He adds, "If we do proceed with this mission, we should do so expecting it to be a trap. While they've explicitly stated urgency, they haven't given us a deadline and they want us to meet them where we will be at a disadvantage from the start. There may be someone here in MercTown that is observing the Heroes Haven as we speak to let them know we've left. I've heard that the burbs while patrolled frequently are of such sprawl, that it's possible for even supernatural monsters to hide at least for a short time from the authorities. We'll most likely have to have to allow Sir Ronith be the one to make contact. Anyone else meeting the contact would be suspicious. I think Daisuke should go with him, as his capabilities for extraction would not necessarily trigger the senses of any psi-stalkers or dog boys in the area. The rest of us should observe the observers if possible and track them back to their own hideout. Zoe's idea of utilizing technology has merit. We do need to make sure we have long distance communication with each other as a start. Do any of you have any experience with tracking, listening, or other types of spyware?"

      "As to Keiko's mission, While seemingly straight forward, I think the 'deal'," Grant air quotes as he says the word deal, "that is the question. A Battle Fury blade is worth as much as some Power Armors, a customization to an axe, would be more. We need to negotiate jobs that includes a signing bonus, expenses, and a hefty completion fee. Otherwise, we are absorbing all the costs up front." With a grin, he ends with, "As our name says, we are 'for hire' not 'for free'."
      Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record
      Info
      M.D.C.: 97/[color=#FF00000]97[/color] • P.P.E.: 656/656 • I.S.P.: 94/94 • Running: 80'/action

      Constant Special Abilities
      • Sense Ley Line: 89% | 100mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 99% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 1500mi • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'

      Equipped Gear of Note
      MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
      6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
      User avatar
      Ronith
      Group Leader
      Posts: 626
      Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
      Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

      Re: Twenty Five or Six to Four

      Post by Ronith »

      JIC: 1d20: [1] = 1 , 1d100: [6] = 6
      PER: 1d100: [52] = 52 vs. 94%

      Ronith gestures for Keiko to go ahead. ”This is an open forum. Speak your mind.”
      Keiko wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:44 pm"Well that's not where I expected the initial meeting to be. I mean it's soooo obviously a trap. Right guys?... Kind of the prefect trap. Just enough innocents in danger, and just enough money to not make it too suspicious. So likely we all go or we all don't go. Not going to be a meeting with half measures... I expect you are still wanting to go to the meeting. I will still follow your lead, however I would like to say something before you make your rather obvious call to go the meeting."
      New to the team but willing to challenge my decisions. She’s command material if we ever lose Barracuda and Grant. Ronith listens attentively and approvingly, nodding along as Keiko and Daisuke both make points he hadn’t considered. I’ve been alone too long. When they’re finished, Ronith considers their words before responding. ”I’m convinced. We can’t ignore the possibility that this is a trap. At the same time, I don’t think we can ignore the possibility that the threat mentioned in the note is real. Even if it makes me predictable.” He adds with a smile. ”If it is a trap, it means that someone is targeting us. We don’t know who or why, nor what they want. We could ‘mindgame’ this out, and argue that it is too obvious a trap to be expected to succeed. Or we could go to the ‘burbs and get some answers. If this is a move by some new enemy, better they make it when we are on our guard than in some subtler fashion. And if it is genuine, we protect the continent and get paid in the process. However, I wonder if it isn’t worth doing something a little… unpredictable.”
      Grant Latham wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:47 pm"We'll most likely have to have to allow Sir Ronith be the one to make contact. Anyone else meeting the contact would be suspicious. I think Daisuke should go with him, as his capabilities for extraction would not necessarily trigger the senses of any psi-stalkers or dog boys in the area. The rest of us should observe the observers if possible and track them back to their own hideout. Zoe's idea of utilizing technology has merit. We do need to make sure we have long distance communication with each other as a start. Do any of you have any experience with tracking, listening, or other types of spyware?"
      Assuming Grant’s object read doesn’t find anything to discourage the proposed plan, Ronith muses ”I wonder if it is worth keeping me dead a while longer. It wouldn’t work if they’ve been closely surveilling the Granite Hall, but if they haven’t you or Barracuda can pretend I died in the past. My old Dead Boy armor can help me blend in a little better, particularly if I leave my magical gear behind, and if it is a trap I can spring you out of it. My group mind block should do at least a little to conceal us from passive scans, but everyone should get any nonmagical gear they think they’ll need. I have some funds left if anyone needs them. Take the day to prepare- we move out tomorrow morning, bright and early. Any questions?”
      I am better than you. You just don't know it.
      Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent)
      | BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
      No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
      ISP- 69/91; PPE- 47/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
      Frostfang Heals: 0/4. Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (1/3); Cleanse (3/3)
      User avatar
      Grant Latham
      Diamond Level Patron
      Diamond Level Patron
      Posts: 534
      Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
      Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
      Contact:

      Re: Twenty Five or Six to Four

      Post by Grant Latham »

      (rolls carried)

      Grant chuckles at Sir Ronith's suggestion to keep him 'dead'. "Time travel! It sounds great until you actually experience it. It's been a week or so since the rest of us have returned from the past, while you've experienced a few hundred years of it. If they have the resources to believe you are dead, they'd also have to know your now alive. And, that the tales of your death were at least greatly exaggerated. We didn't put out an obituary when we came back, nor did we have a parade when you came back with us. I think it's a wash. Assuming that this is still a trap, whomever wants us to be there had to be planning this for a while now and we were just not here to contact until now."

      He gets up and pours himself a drink of water, he takes sip and adds, "The mind block will stop the scan, but also is a red flag that a psychic of substantial power is in the neighborhood. It will draw a patrol like flies to honey." He gestures towards Daisuke, "Daisuke's dimensional abilities have promise in terms of storing these magical items we think necessary to bring. I could store some items in a dimensional pocket, but that's just more magic in use. If this is going work, we probably need to leave most, if not all of our magical items behind." Even if we left them somewhere hidden outside of town, where would such a safe place be?
      Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record
      Info
      M.D.C.: 97/[color=#FF00000]97[/color] • P.P.E.: 656/656 • I.S.P.: 94/94 • Running: 80'/action

      Constant Special Abilities
      • Sense Ley Line: 89% | 100mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 99% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 1500mi • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'

      Equipped Gear of Note
      MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
      6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
      User avatar
      Daisuke
      Diamond Level Patron
      Diamond Level Patron
      Posts: 103
      Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 2:34 am
      Location: Heroes for Hire

      Re: Twenty Five or Six to Four

      Post by Daisuke »

      ((rolls carried over))

      Undercover Ops. d%: [24] = 24 | 76% <== Determine additional considerations for the squad to go undercover. Transportation, clothing, etc.

      "Not to add to the bonfire," Daisuke remarks during a pause in the discussion, clearly looking to add another wrinkle that needs fixing, "but if we intend to enter the burbs, which from what I gather is primarily a civilian zone, we will also need to take special considerations for our means of transport. Our primary vehicle, the APC, may be too heavily armed not to draw unwanted scrutiny. So perhaps we will need to arrange a more commonplace vehicle to enter with. Something clearly civilian and not particularly cutting edge." In essence, we need to appear to be indistinguishable from the unwashed masses that seek asylum from the horrors of life outside the walls of the metropolis.

      "And we should likely also acquire some gently used clothing so that we don't appear too pristine. Again, not wanting to stand out from others who seek to gain entry into the burbs."

      Streetwise. d%: [24] = 24 | 53% and Barter. d%: [30] = 30 | 49% <== Possible connections to arrange commonplace transportation for the squad's insertion into the burbs.

      Should Daisuke have any recommendations for the transportation issue he raised, he will offer it as an option. Otherwise he will make himself ready for travel as best he can. Given that he can essentially carry his worldly possessions with him, partly due to his inherent poverty and partly due to his abilities, it will not take him long to prepare.
      User avatar
      Keiko
      Posts: 120
      Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

      Re: Twenty Five or Six to Four

      Post by Keiko »

      **Rolls Held Over**
      Daisuke wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:18 am "I can lend you my NG Bush Pilot Armored Jumpsuit. It is lightweight and not cumbersome." Daisuke offers.
      "Thanks. Is it EBA? I'm trying to keep the exposed fur to a minimum...Despite my preference to show it off. I can pass for a normal merc if I can get some EBA." Keiko tilts her head for a second, "I guess that only works if I don't take off the helmet or have to pass an ID checkpoint...Speaking of check points. Do we have any forged documents to get us clear of any people asking questions or random checkpoints?"
      Ronith wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:25 am Ronith gestures for Keiko to go ahead. ”This is an open forum. Speak your mind.”New to the team but willing to challenge my decisions. She’s command material if we ever lose Barracuda and Grant. Ronith listens attentively and approvingly, nodding along as Keiko and Daisuke both make points he hadn’t considered. I’ve been alone too long. When they’re finished, Ronith considers their words before responding. ”I’m convinced. We can’t ignore the possibility that this is a trap. At the same time, I don’t think we can ignore the possibility that the threat mentioned in the note is real. Even if it makes me predictable.” He adds with a smile. ”If it is a trap, it means that someone is targeting us. We don’t know who or why, nor what they want. We could ‘mindgame’ this out, and argue that it is too obvious a trap to be expected to succeed. Or we could go to the ‘burbs and get some answers. If this is a move by some new enemy, better they make it when we are on our guard than in some subtler fashion. And if it is genuine, we protect the continent and get paid in the process. However, I wonder if it isn’t worth doing something a little… unpredictable.”
      He raises a good point. If it is a trap, it would give us the ability to figure out who might be setting such a trap. If we left it alone they could catch us unaware. Keiko lets out a small laugh, "You make a good point Ronith. Damn, I was so hoping we could let those skullsuckers burn...Oh well...always next time." She winks at Ronith.
      Grant Latham wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:47 pm
      He adds, "If we do proceed with this mission, we should do so expecting it to be a trap. While they've explicitly stated urgency, they haven't given us a deadline and they want us to meet them where we will be at a disadvantage from the start. There may be someone here in MercTown that is observing the Heroes Haven as we speak to let them know we've left. I've heard that the burbs while patrolled frequently are of such sprawl, that it's possible for even supernatural monsters to hide at least for a short time from the authorities. We'll most likely have to have to allow Sir Ronith be the one to make contact. Anyone else meeting the contact would be suspicious. I think Daisuke should go with him, as his capabilities for extraction would not necessarily trigger the senses of any psi-stalkers or dog boys in the area. The rest of us should observe the observers if possible and track them back to their own hideout. Zoe's idea of utilizing technology has merit. We do need to make sure we have long distance communication with each other as a start. Do any of you have any experience with tracking, listening, or other types of spyware?"

      "As to Keiko's mission, While seemingly straight forward, I think the 'deal'," Grant air quotes as he says the word deal, "that is the question. A Battle Fury blade is worth as much as some Power Armors, a customization to an axe, would be more. We need to negotiate jobs that includes a signing bonus, expenses, and a hefty completion fee. Otherwise, we are absorbing all the costs up front." With a grin, he ends with, "As our name says, we are 'for hire' not 'for free'."
      Keiko raises her hand to Grant's list of mundane skills. With her hand up her shoulders are pulled up giving the appearance of slight embarrassment, "So...I'm skilled in tracking people and in surveillance techniques. As well as a skilled long range marksman. I am also a so-so forger. Also most locks are no issue for me either." Keiko looks around for a second, "What? I'm more then just magic. I used to track people through dimensions. A girl picks up a few skills doing that. So I can play look out for you guys. Let you know who might be watching."

      Keiko looks at Grant, "To your comment about the other job. I didn't actually accept on behalf of the group. It was an as time permits job and I wasn't planning on jumping into it yet. I had more to look into and negotiate. It was presented to me when I was trying to negotiate the price of a set of custom weapons from the TW shop. I wasn't looking for it, but it kind of fell into my lap. There is more that we can likely negotiate for with that job. I had not had the time to get any more then the TW Shop's offer. I'm sure if I were to reach out to the owners of the mines directly I could negotiate us a good paying job."

      Keiko looks back to Daisuke, "Did you get any images of the area in your search? I'd like to look it over and see what the best vantage points in the area are." Keiko looks back to the group, "So I'm going to need more then an afternoon if you want me to forge IDs for everyone...anyone have any preferences on their fake name?" Keiko pauses for a moment, "Wait do you guys even have the equipment to forge documents?"
      Keiko

      P.P.E.: 110/110
      I.S.P.: 35/35
      H.P.: 29/29
      S.D.C.: 86/86
      MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
      Helmet - 40/40
      Left Arm 20/20
      Right Arm 20/20
      Right Leg 30/30
      Left Leg 30/30
      Main Body - 60/60
      Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
      Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
      User avatar
      Ashlynn
      Bronze Level Patron
      Bronze Level Patron
      Posts: 318
      Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

      Re: Twenty Five or Six to Four

      Post by Ashlynn »

      Perception: 82% /87% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100: [41] = 41

      JIC: 1d20: [7] = 7
      JIC: 1d100: [26] = 26
      Keiko wrote:"Really? I can't wait to see it."
      Ash grins widely. "I can't wait to try it. It'll either go really well, really spectacularly wrong... or it'll do nothing at all." She gives Keiko an exuberant thumbs-up.
      Daisuke wrote:"Power abhors a vacuum. So inevitably even rough areas are claimed by stakeholders. A high level of gang violence suggests active conflict between groups, perhaps vying for supremacy of the area. They aren't fighting with surgical strikes against each other. But rather public displays that likely result in bystander casualties. Which is why the violence is common knowledge. During times like this, nominal services and supplies are interrupted. The environment is ripe for black market participation. It is strange that high level black market operators avoid the area."
      "My friend Hagbard used to say that the CS likes to keep its enemies off-balance. So the constant chaos is actually good for them, 'cause it prevents their enemies from gathering any real strength. I wouldn't be surprised if we found out that the gang leaders get assassinated fairly frequently."

      After a moment, she adds "And if that's the case, I'd offer fair odds as to who puts out the hits."

      As the team discusses the ins and outs of the mission, Ash looks on. I've missed this. Just the team, working through the knowns and unknowns... planning. Prepping. She reaches out, feeling for Huey's presence. The chubby bookwyrm lounges across a tabletop nearby, stretches, and yawns. She feels his contentment. He has no idea we're going back out into action already. At this thought, Ashlynn realizes her feelings must have betrayed her, as the little dragon briefly raises his head and looks at her, his head tilted slightly. She feels his emotion, querying, a tinge of worry. She smiles at him. He... will have to stay behind. She realizes.

      I'll be alone.

      Huey hops down off the table and scuttles over to her, bumping into her leg and chuffing worriedly. She looks up at the others. "I think he's just realized he can't go." And he knows I'm scared about it... will I be able to feel him at that distance? She smiles down at him, trying to mask her concern. "It's okay... you'll be safer here."
      Keiko wrote:"So I'm going to need more then an afternoon if you want me to forge IDs for everyone...anyone have any preferences on their fake name? Wait do you guys even have the equipment to forge documents?"
      Ashlynn looks up. "I'm sure you and me can find what we need for that here in Merctown."

      "For my fake name... I'll be... uh... Alyssa Harcourt Winterdancer. Or no! Ainsley... Dark. Ainsley Harcourt Dark. Dancer. Darkdancer. Alyssa Darkdancer! Harcourt! Alyssa Darkdancer Harcourt." She smiles in self-satisfaction at her new, foolproof alias. "Wait is Harcourt Darkdancer better? Or Darkdancer Harcourt?"

      She glances at Huey. "WAIT! Uh... Draco. Alyssa Draco Darkdancer. No... too many D's. Darkdrake? Nah. Alyssa... uh... Darkdancer... uh... Hughes. That's it."

      "I think."

      If they decide to run out and buy ID printing equipment (Ashlynn reasons they can use any computer to interface with it) Ash will use her knowledge of the streets and the black market to try to procure something capable of producing excellent forged IDs.

      Find Contraband, Weapons, & Cybernetics 30% 1d100: [17] = 17 (SUCCESS)
      Streetwise 66% 1d100: [51] = 51 (SUCCESS)
      Charm 50% 1d100: [79] = 79 (FAIL)
      Invoke Trust 40% 1d100: [3] = 3 (CRIT. SUCCESS!)
      Ashlynn
      AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

      H.P.: 45/45
      S.D.C.: 68/68


      TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
      OOC Comments
      M.D.C. by Location:
      • Helmet: 45/45
      • Arms: 40/40 each
      • Legs: 45/45 each
      • Main Body: 42/100

      Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, and +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
      Features:
      • All Features of Triax EBA
      • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
      • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
      • Infrared & thermal masking


      N-F20A Medium Force Field (integrated into FreeRunner Exoskeleton)
      OOC Comments
      M.D.C. by Location:
      • Force Field: 75

      Features:
      • 10 hour duration per E-clip
      User avatar
      Daisuke
      Diamond Level Patron
      Diamond Level Patron
      Posts: 103
      Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 2:34 am
      Location: Heroes for Hire

      Re: Twenty Five or Six to Four

      Post by Daisuke »

      ((rolls carried over))
      Keiko wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:04 pm "Thanks. Is it EBA? I'm trying to keep the exposed fur to a minimum...Despite my preference to show it off. I can pass for a normal merc if I can get some EBA."
      "No, the jumpsuit is not. I offer instead my T-43 Explorer EBA. It has all features standard with Triax environmental armor." Daisuke offers instead. I can rely on my newly acquired exoskeleton for environmental protection. The explorer EBA would be better utilized by Keiko.
      Keiko wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:04 pmKeiko looks back to Daisuke, "Did you get any images of the area in your search? I'd like to look it over and see what the best vantage points in the area are."
      "Perhaps..." Daisuke muses before adjusting the computer monitor so that Keiko can see its contents better. If the information he found includes what Keiko requests, he will show her and try to help brainstorm preferred over-watch locations. Otherwise the Arismal will respond in the negative, but still show her the raw data his intelligence was built off of.

      Intelligence. d%: [40] = 40 | 69% <== Join Keiko in evaluating area information to identify best vantage points to keep over-watch.
      User avatar
      Virtus
      Game Master
      Posts: 417
      Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

      Re: Twenty Five or Six to Four

      Post by Virtus »

      Grant sits in a meditative pose as he considers the note. Tiny motes of energy flit around the mage and the note. The air teams with them, almost like living organisms. His will steers them to the note and then out to unknown corners of the universe. After several moments, the motes return. As the motes return, ideas form in Grant's mind.

      The person who this note came from seems to possess neither good or evil designs, but rather has their own goals. The person is attentive currently and the paper's purpose is to convey messages. No magic seems to have been near this note.

      Next Grant can see a man likely in his 50s, grey, curly hair and clean shaven. He clutches a pipe in his teeth and appears to be cleaning glass cases in a store. He seems to run a business of some type.

      Daisuke searchs for more information. There isn't much detail. He does find one image,
      OOC Comments
      Image
      Ashlynn and Keiko consider adopting fake identities and what other precautions can be taken. Ashlynn feels confident they can get the equipment they need. That would be enough to get them into the burbs at least.

      Ronith ponders over the possibility of keeping quiet and if it would offer a tactical advantage. Zoe doesn't add much other than to say "If you intend to go, let me know what arrangements you want me to make."

      ((Any equipment purchases, put into a list. Any other investigations you wish to make are fine, just let me know where you're going and what you're doing.))
      User avatar
      Ronith
      Group Leader
      Posts: 626
      Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
      Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

      Re: Twenty Five or Six to Four

      Post by Ronith »

      JIC: 1d20: [15] = 15 , 1d100: [57] = 57
      PER: 1d100: [92] = 92 vs. 94%
      Grant Latham wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:08 am"Time travel! It sounds great until you actually experience it. It's been a week or so since the rest of us have returned from the past, while you've experienced a few hundred years of it. If they have the resources to believe you are dead, they'd also have to know your now alive. And, that the tales of your death were at least greatly exaggerated. We didn't put out an obituary when we came back, nor did we have a parade when you came back with us. I think it's a wash. Assuming that this is still a trap, whomever wants us to be there had to be planning this for a while now and we were just not here to contact until now."
      Ronith frowns, considers, and slowly nods. ”I suppose you’re right. It could be they have no current information about us, but any momentary advantage from my surprise appearance might not be worth the risk. Especially if we constrain our use of magic. I shall endeavor to think of other ways to be less predictable.” He adds with a smile to Keiko.
      Daisuke wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:26 pm"Not to add to the bonfire," Daisuke remarks during a pause in the discussion, clearly looking to add another wrinkle that needs fixing, "but if we intend to enter the burbs, which from what I gather is primarily a civilian zone, we will also need to take special considerations for our means of transport. Our primary vehicle, the APC, may be too heavily armed not to draw unwanted scrutiny. So perhaps we will need to arrange a more commonplace vehicle to enter with. Something clearly civilian and not particularly cutting edge."
      ”You’re not wrong, but our APC is a coalition model so it won’t necessarily be out of place around the ‘burbs. I think we can get away with parking it at a safe distance and using hovercycles for transport around the ‘burbs. If the Coalition detects our presence, we may be glad of the APC’s armor and its ability to blend in with their forces. Your point about outfits is well-taken, however- in particular, we should leave any Naruni-manufactured armor in the APC. Most simple EBA should suffice, however- it is not unusual for the denizens of the area to be armored up.” Hopefully.

      ”Keiko, find out what you can about the other job. If we can do both, we will. The team’s coffers could use a recharge.”
      I am better than you. You just don't know it.
      Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent)
      | BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
      No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
      ISP- 69/91; PPE- 47/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
      Frostfang Heals: 0/4. Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (1/3); Cleanse (3/3)
      User avatar
      Daisuke
      Diamond Level Patron
      Diamond Level Patron
      Posts: 103
      Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 2:34 am
      Location: Heroes for Hire

      Re: Twenty Five or Six to Four

      Post by Daisuke »

      -----------------------------------
      Perception: d%: [39] = 39 | 48%
      JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19 | d%: [63] = 63 %
      -----------------------------------
      Character Sheet
      • Eye of Odin (left eye): 20/20 vision, Nightvision (600', constant, no cost)), See Aura (constant, no cost), See the Invisible (constant, no cost)
      • Swallowing Limbo [400lbs nonliving] (0/4 people)
        • <empty>
        • <empty>
        • <empty>
        • <empty>
      • Instant Wardrobe [40lbs each slot] (3/4)
      • Instant Weapon [90lbs each slot] (1/2)

      • HP/MDC: 70/70
        SDC: 211/211
        PPE: 13/13
      T-43 Explorer
      Image
      M.D.C. by Location:
      • Helmet: 50
      • Arms: 20 each
      • Legs: 25 each
      • Main Body: 70
      Weight: 20 lbs
      Modifiers: Good to fair mobility, -5% to Climb and Swimming, -12% to other physical skills.
      Features:
      • All features standard to Triax environmental armor (p.34, WB5)
      Book Reference: p.56, WB 34

      TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
      Image
      M.D.C. by Location:
      • Helmet: 45
      • Arms: 40 each
      • Legs: 45 each
      • Main Body: 100

      Weight: 25 lbs.
      Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
      Features:
      • All Features of Triax EBA
      • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
      • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
      • Triples wearer's speed, fatigue reduced to 20% usual rate
      • Increase leap ability by 50%
      • Infrared & thermal masking

      Book Reference: Kraus Imported Arms


      NG Bush Pilot Armored Jumpsuit
      Image
      M.D.C. by Location:
      • Flight Helmet: 35
      • Arms: 9 each
      • Legs: 20 each
      • Main Body: 25

      Weight: 6 lbs.
      Modifiers: None
      Features:
      • Flight helmet includes built-in radio and nightvision goggles

      Book Reference: p.77-78, WB33

      Wilk's 1000 Pulse Laser Cannon
      Image
      • Range: 3000'
      • Damage: 5D6+3 M.D. per shot or 3D4x10 M.D. per 3-pulse burst
      • Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-pulse bursts only
      • Payload: 240 shots with a portable generator
      • Weight: 40 lbs.; portable generator weighs 70 lbs.
      • Features: W.P. Heavy M.D. Weapons; Generator recharges at 8 shots per hour; 1 hour to charge when connected to nuclear power supply
      • Modifiers: None
      • Book Reference: p.104, MercOps

      Saving Throw Bonuses (if Mimic/revert to base stats)
      Eye of Odin grants +1 save vs all (not included below)
      Coma/Death: 28% (+4%)
      Toxins (15+): +7 (+1)
      Magic (varies): +7 (+1)
      Magic (Illusions): +10 (+2)
      Magic (mind-altering): +15 (+7)
      Lethal Poison (14+): +7 (+1)
      Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +7 (+1)
      Insanity (12+): +16
      Psionics (12+): +7
      Horror Factor: +12
      Disease: +7 (+2)
      Drugs (mind-altering): +8 (+6)
      Possession: +13 (+6)
      Conditions
        Ronith wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:17 am”You’re not wrong, but our APC is a coalition model so it won’t necessarily be out of place around the ‘burbs. I think we can get away with parking it at a safe distance and using hovercycles for transport around the ‘burbs. If the Coalition detects our presence, we may be glad of the APC’s armor and its ability to blend in with their forces. Your point about outfits is well-taken, however- in particular, we should leave any Naruni-manufactured armor in the APC. Most simple EBA should suffice, however- it is not unusual for the denizens of the area to be armored up.”
        "Understood." Daisuke acknowledges. His gaze briefly glances in Grant's direction seeking secondary confirmation, but then quickly lets it go, knowing that he should defer to those with greater knowledge in their current situation. "I will go run a system check on the APC and make sure that we have a security lockdown procedure in place."

        Pilot: Tanks & APCs. d%: [63] = 63 | 65% <== System check APC. Make sure security is set up for being locked down while H4H is away from it on mission.

        While running the system checks, Daisuke's thoughts return to the image of the area he was able to find. Seems we will be entering a fairly run-down area. It may be prudent for me to store some non-combat related supplies for bartering or good-will purposes to smuggle in via my dimensional storage abilities.

        Once done with the check, he will rummage through both the APC storage and H4H supplies for 90 lbs worth of supplies he can bundle together and store inside his Instant Weapon power.

        He settles on the following:
        • x2 NG-S2 Basic Survival Pack (10 lbs each, 20 lbs total)
        • x5 All-in-One Utility Belt filled with assorted MREs, assuming 5 MREs per belt (5 lbs each, 25 lbs total)
        • x1 Overland Harness and Frame Backpack filled with x10 Standard First Aid Kits (45 lbs total)


        Note: Did not find any standard first aid kits (RUE pg. 263) inside H4H catch-all. So please find have Daisuke purchase x10 of them for 100 a pop (assuming common availability) if necessary.

        Lashing the bundle together with some lightweight webbing and cord, Daisuke sends the bundle into his second Instant Weapon slot. Additionally, while in the private confines of his room, Daisuke will swap to his T-43 Explorer EBA, undress, and swap back to his casual set of clothes.

        If necessary, he will drop by Grant, and ask him for a quick Cleans spell on the EBA before he turns it over to Keiko. No need to offend the feline's olfactory senses after all.

        When finished, he will return to the group. "APC system check complete. I'm packed and ready to head out."
        User avatar
        Grant Latham
        Diamond Level Patron
        Diamond Level Patron
        Posts: 534
        Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
        Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
        Contact:

        Re: Twenty Five or Six to Four

        Post by Grant Latham »

        New Perception: 78% vs 1d100: [78] = 78
        JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2 , 1d100: [47] = 47
        Constant Abilities
        Character Sheet
        • Sense Ley Line: 89%
        • Sense Ley Line Nexus 99%
        • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 150mi
        • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'
        • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
        • Immune to Possession
        • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
        • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
        • Base Spell Strength: 15
        • Spell Range doubled
        • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
        • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
        • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
        Stats
        • M.D.C.: 97/97
        • I.S.P.: 94/94
        • P.P.E.: 656/656
        • Lord Magus Armor • Main Body: 50/50 Head: 45/45 Arms: 15/15 Legs:30/30
        Grant shares what he learned from the object read, "My impression is that the person who sent to the note is an older man, maybe a business owner. He doesn't seem to have any obvious evil intent towards us." Perhaps this is legit, but unless this man wants us to do something for him outside of the CSA, it's unclear why we'd be the best choice.

        As the discussion continues on what they should be bringing, a thought comes to Grant. "There is one experiment we should try. Daisuke, are you willing to see if you could contain one of my dimensional pockets using your dimensional space? If it works, it could potentially increase your carrying capacity if there is a functional limit. Another option is to do what you did for Gunnar, and hold Keiko, Sir Ronith, and myself." (It looks like the limbo could hold 4 people and/or 400lbs of non-living objects in addition to what Instant Wardrobe and Weapon can store)

        "The APC would be great to have, but we are going into the heart of Coalition territory. It would be a deathtrap if we got into a fire fight up there. It's not fast enough to escape from a SAMAS patrol. I'd also expect Coalition troops to wonder who can afford to run around in a vehicle as heavily armed and armored." He looks down at his own Lord Magi armor. "I am going to have to leave this armor behind as well. Even if Daisuke could store it, if I put it on, I'd stand out like a sore thumb. We need to go in looking like a group of mundane mercenaries, probably a bit down on our luck with nothing worth taking."
        Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record
        Info
        M.D.C.: 97/[color=#FF00000]97[/color] • P.P.E.: 656/656 • I.S.P.: 94/94 • Running: 80'/action

        Constant Special Abilities
        • Sense Ley Line: 89% | 100mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 99% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 1500mi • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'

        Equipped Gear of Note
        MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
        6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
        User avatar
        Daisuke
        Diamond Level Patron
        Diamond Level Patron
        Posts: 103
        Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 2:34 am
        Location: Heroes for Hire

        Re: Twenty Five or Six to Four

        Post by Daisuke »

        ((rolls carried over))
        Grant Latham wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:41 pm"There is one experiment we should try. Daisuke, are you willing to see if you could contain one of my dimensional pockets using your dimensional space? If it works, it could potentially increase your carrying capacity if there is a functional limit. Another option is to do what you did for Gunnar, and hold Keiko, Sir Ronith, and myself."
        "Certainly Commander," Daisuke agrees with a wry smile, "Experimenting with how the space-time continuum is affected by the interaction of dimension warping innate and magical abilities sounds like a pleasant afternoon at the Haven. Please do remember me fondly when I am winked out of existence... that is assuming you will have any recollection of me at all..." Though the smirk remains plastered on his face, Daisuke's 'joke' perhaps hits home a bit closer than he expects. And among all their victories lately he is surprised by the sudden internal dialogue from his split psyche, breaking his recent inner solitude. Ho ho ho, yes! That is certainly possible! If the dimensional anomaly forced a restructuring of their current timeline in order to mend the tear in continuity that you create! It would be as though you never existed! A very sad situation indeed... for you!

        Daisuke stiffens at Kondo's remark. But perhaps the transverse would also become true and I would not know the Heroes. So would not know what I do not know. And would not know what I'm missing. He debates. A moment of silence passes, seemingly confirming temporary victory within his own mind. The Arismal keeps his internal bout private and does not mention to the others the inner demon that threatens his tranquility. Instead, he returns his attention to the dialogue at hand.

        "As for using the limbo... yes, I believe I could smuggle the three of you. Please be aware however that though more powerful, the limbo is much more temporary. When housing Gunnar, I believe I felt my limit to be about a couple hours at a time. I wouldn't want to accidentally unceremoniously dump the three of you into existence in the middle of a border control crossing." A soft smile returns to the Arismal's face, "That would certainly be a difficult situation to adequately explain."

        He scratches his cheek absently. "So we should time the usage of the limbo judiciously."
        User avatar
        Ashlynn
        Bronze Level Patron
        Bronze Level Patron
        Posts: 318
        Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

        Re: Twenty Five or Six to Four

        Post by Ashlynn »

        Perception: 82% /87% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100: [16] = 16

        JIC: 1d20: [3] = 3
        JIC: 1d100: [86] = 86

        As Ashlynn considers going out to get the needed equipment to forge some IDs, she also thinks abouther recent experiences with possession and how she might perhaps use it to her advantage. She remembers numerous times - relives numerous memories - from Unseen's point of view, where she was using Ashlynn's body to cast various spells, and Ash swears she can feel how the magic coursed through her body.

        On a whim, she goes out to the garage, and arranges three empty crates at the far end. Hands on hips, she eyes them each with satisfaction. Then, she turns on her heels and goes to find help.

        If she finds Barracuda, She tries to sneak up on him and playfully slug him on the shoulder.

        "CUDA!! I... have a thing I want to try, an' I figured it'd be better to try in relative safety than during a fight... and I also figured it'd be better to do it with folks around... who can help... if it, uh... if it goes bad. You up for it?"

        If she finds Grant, She knocks on the door of his room.

        "Um... Grant? I have a favor to ask, ... if you have time. I wanna try out a... theory? I guess? About my powers. And I'm not sure how it'll go. So... uh... If you're free could you maybe come down to the garage?"

        If she finds Keiko, She skips up and grins widely.

        "Keiko!! Just the person I was looking for! You know how I said I might have some tricks up my sleeve? I'm in an Eff-around-and-find-out kinda mood! wanna see me make a mess? Or fail spectacularly and do nothing at all! It'll be fun eitherhow!"

        Ashlynn waits in the garage for whomever will join her. When/if she is satisfied all the folks arrive who are intending to, she begins.

        "Okay, so... uh... I got, like, some memories I'm reliving, that ain't exactly mine. I guess they're mine now, 'cause they were made in my body? But I wasn't exactly driving at the time." She screws up her face in a frown/smirk. A frirk. A smown?

        She proceeds: "So... in some of these memories, I remember casting spells. Now OBVIOUSLY I can't cast spells. I ain't got the training, and I don't think I'll ever have it, to be honest. But what's important is... how the spells felt? I guess? I can sorta still feel how it felt, the energy coursing through me just so, and it led me to thinking. Magic is really just manipulation of energy, at it's bare minimum - of course it's a LOT more complicated than that, but when you boil it down to idiot-level-comprehension, that's what we're talking about. Making energies work for you."

        She raises her left hand.

        "An' I can already do that, sorta."

        She flicks on her Energy shield - the blue-white energies of the shield crackle to life in its usual place along her left forearm, "My shield is energy... and it can't be broken. I know what the energy feels like when I activate it, and when I turn it off... I can feel the energy dissipate... or get stored back in my body... or whatever. I've never really understood it. But that's not the important part."

        She holds out her right arm, fingers splayed toward the empty crates at the far end of the garage.

        "Stand behind me now... I'm not sure how this is gonna go. But I think I can bend my shield energy to do other stuff. An' I'm gonna try... right..."

        ...NOW."

        Her shield flickers, and blue-white energies seem to coalesce around her right hand. She winces with the effort.

        "GrrrrraaaaaAAAGGGGHHH!"

        A bolt of energy leaps from her right hand toward the first of the crates.

        Strike: 1d20+6: [4]+6 = 10 ; Damage 1d6: [4] = 4
        Control: 1d20+1: [13]+1 = 14 vs. 15+ (FAIL: must roll for random effect)

        Additional Effect: 1d100: [33] = 33 = Time Warp Fast Forward 2d4: [1, 3] = 4 minutes

        As the crate is hit, it disappears. Ashlynn stares, perplexed at where it used to be, before it (or its remains) wink back into existence a few minutes later.

        "Did I... send it into the future?"

        She grins, seeing the energy arc out, but her breath is ragged, and her forehead bears droplets of sweat. She wipes these off with a sleeve, grins at her friends, and says, "I'mma try again."

        Again she flicks on her shield, again she raises her arm, and again the energy begins to coalesce around her right hand. Her brows furrow in concentration, and another blast arcs from her hand toward the middle crate.

        Strike: 1d20+6: [10]+6 = 16 ; Damage 1d6: [1] = 1
        Control: 1d20+1: [15]+1 = 16 vs. 15+ (SUCCESS; may choose effect)

        Additional Effect: Time Warp Fast Forward 2d4: [4, 4] = 8 minutes

        The crate absorbs the minimal damage of the blast, but disappears. Ashlynn giggles. "I think... I did that on purpose. We'll see in just a few minutes..."

        When the crate reappears, she whoops with pleasure. "YES! I thought... lemme time travel this, uh... well, I thought swear words but I don't have ta say 'em out loud."

        "Okay! One last try! I'm running out of crates!!"

        This time, she does not flick on her shield, she merely raises her hand, and the energies coalesce. "I'm getting better... Last time didn't barely hurt at all."

        Again the energy arcs out toward the last crate.

        Strike: 1d20+6: [13]+6 = 19 ; Damage 1d6: [2] = 2
        Control: 1d20+1: [3]+1 = 4 vs. 15+ (FAIL, must roll for random effect)

        Additional Effect: 1d100: [27] = 27 = Teleportation (target randomly teleported 1d4*100: [2]*10 = 20 yards away

        As the blast hits the crate, it, too disappears. After waiting for several minutes, Ashlynn shrugs. "I dunno where that one went."

        I think I can do other things too - eventually I'mma try other memories of other spells Unsere cast, and see what I can figure out."
        Last edited by Ashlynn on Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
        Ashlynn
        AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

        H.P.: 45/45
        S.D.C.: 68/68


        TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
        OOC Comments
        M.D.C. by Location:
        • Helmet: 45/45
        • Arms: 40/40 each
        • Legs: 45/45 each
        • Main Body: 42/100

        Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, and +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
        Features:
        • All Features of Triax EBA
        • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
        • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
        • Infrared & thermal masking


        N-F20A Medium Force Field (integrated into FreeRunner Exoskeleton)
        OOC Comments
        M.D.C. by Location:
        • Force Field: 75

        Features:
        • 10 hour duration per E-clip
        User avatar
        Keiko
        Posts: 120
        Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

        Re: Twenty Five or Six to Four

        Post by Keiko »

        Perception: 1d100: [64] = 64 /45%
        JIC: 1d20: [5] = 5 ; 1d100: [66] = 66
        Active Effects
        Keiko looks over the picture with Daisuke, "Looks like we can set up on a roof across the street and down a few houses. We don't want to be directly across from the house. A good view of the front will be good. We should also have a rally point to get to if we need to leave fast. I would say it should be behind the cover team. We can give cover with weapons fire as you make your way to us. Anyone with me up there should be good with ropes or be able to survive a jump from the roof."

        Keiko smiles at Ash, "I'd love to see what you have up your sleeve. Lets see what you got!"

        Keiko watches Ash's demonstration and tilts her head at the first crate. "Huh? Should be back in a few minutes. I'm surprised. But not as surprised as you. You didn't mean to do that did you? That's a time warp spell. Actually it's one of two that I don't know yet." When the box pops back into place Keiko nods. "Yup...Fast forward. There is a more advanced version which can send a target forward in time and move locations. Although I've never seen it shot out in a bolt like that. Quite interesting. Ash! You are full of surprises. You want any more help just let me know." keiko enfolds Ash in a big hug.

        After the presentation Keiko makes her way to collect the items she'll need to make the fake IDs. We are going to need something to get us out there. "Anyone want to come with me to get the supplies for our new IDs?" Keiko looks to Barracuda with a smile most haven't seen before, "You want to come with? Help me carry everything?"

        Streetwise 1d100: [35] = 35 /60% (Find Place to get materials to make fake IDs)
        Forgery 1d100: [91] = 91 /50% (Make Fake ID) Grant
        Forgery 1d100: [32] = 32 /50% (Make Fake ID) Keiko
        Forgery 1d100: [65] = 65 /50% (Make Fake ID) Ash
        Forgery 1d100: [9] = 9 /50% (Make Fake ID) Ronith
        Forgery 1d100: [16] = 16 /50% (Make Fake ID) Barracuda
        Forgery 1d100: [51] = 51 /50% (Make Fake ID) Daisuke
        Forgery 1d100: [100] = 100 /50% (Make Fake ID) Extra

        Keiko will focus on making the fake IDs until it's time to leave. When it is time she will don the armor provided by Daisuke. "Ugh. I hate this." Keiko looks very uncomfortable before she dons the helmet, "I feel like I'm cutting off a part of myself. This better payout." Keiko seals the helmet and shoulders her rifle and bow. She attaches her non-magic axe and whip to her belt. "Lets get this over with."
        Keiko

        P.P.E.: 110/110
        I.S.P.: 35/35
        H.P.: 29/29
        S.D.C.: 86/86
        MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
        Helmet - 40/40
        Left Arm 20/20
        Right Arm 20/20
        Right Leg 30/30
        Left Leg 30/30
        Main Body - 60/60
        Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
        Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
        User avatar
        Barracuda
        Diamond Level Patron
        Diamond Level Patron
        Posts: 433
        Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
        Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
        Contact:

        Re: Twenty Five or Six to Four

        Post by Barracuda »

        Perception: 1d100: [7] = 7 /46% (61% underwater)
        JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4 / 1d100: [84] = 84

        Seeing Keiko handling Ashlynn's request, Corwin heads to the Armory to hang his Wave Strider armor on it's mannequin. "Not this trip, buddy. You'll always be my favorite though." He is surprised when there's a flash of blue light and a crate lands on his head. "That's...annoying." He heads out to the Garage, crate in hand and looks at both Ashlynn and Keiko. "Missing something?" Assuming an affirmative response, Corwin asks "What, you got medium-sized item teleporty powers now and didn't want to tell me?"
        Keiko wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:49 pm After the presentation Keiko makes her way to collect the items she'll need to make the fake IDs. We are going to need something to get us out there. "Anyone want to come with me to get the supplies for our new IDs?" Keiko looks to Barracuda with a smile most haven't seen before, "You want to come with? Help me carry everything?"
        "Oh, you know it, Kei. I've gotta grab some armor too and I can't imagine anyone I'd want to help me choose my look than you." Corwin gives Keiko's shoulder fur a rub before he gets ready to head out.

        When they've found their ID supplies, Corwin uses his time to hunt down a less conspicuous set of armor to blend in with the human supremacist nation that is The Coalition.

        • NG Ultra-300 Armored Huntsman's Choice Jumpsuit – WB 34 page 41 – 7,500 credits OR
        • NG-NX12 Beach Stormer (Electric Battery model) – WB 34 page 65 – 340,000 credits
        Barracuda
        Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
        SDC: 121/121
        HP: 23/23
        Critical Strike: 18-20



        Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
        Image
        Ledger
        User avatar
        Daisuke
        Diamond Level Patron
        Diamond Level Patron
        Posts: 103
        Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 2:34 am
        Location: Heroes for Hire

        Re: Twenty Five or Six to Four

        Post by Daisuke »

        ((rolls carried over))
        Keiko wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:49 pm "Looks like we can set up on a roof across the street and down a few houses. We don't want to be directly across from the house. A good view of the front will be good. We should also have a rally point to get to if we need to leave fast. I would say it should be behind the cover team. We can give cover with weapons fire as you make your way to us. Anyone with me up there should be good with ropes or be able to survive a jump from the roof."
        Daisuke nods in agreement with Keiko. "I am in agreement with your deployment recommendation. You make all valid points that are tactically sound." There is hesitancy in his voice though and he explains a moment later, "Perhaps the situation will be much more chaotic than expected. As always, we should be prepared to augment any plans given updated information on location."

        The Arismal is aware of his perpetual aura of seriousness and is grateful at Ashlynn's appearance, pulling Keiko's attention toward something more entertaining. He quietly follows at a respectful distance and watches the demonstration at the garage's periphery. Channeling dimensional energies? Interesting. I imagine temporal or spatial dislocation of any enemy would be quite disruptive in the midst of combat.

        Once the demonstration is complete and the others disperse to tend to other errands, Daisuke likewise returns to his preparations. Should he find himself without a task, he will head to the kitchen in search of a nice meal to re-heat and consume prior to departure.
        User avatar
        Virtus
        Game Master
        Posts: 417
        Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

        Re: Twenty Five or Six to Four

        Post by Virtus »

        The Heroes for Hire prepare to head to Chi Town. Calls are made and gear is collected. Most of the group is about the Haven, but Daisuke and Grant experiment with dimensional spaces.

        Zoe has gathered information for Chi Town, contacts, safe houses and other information that may be helpful in a pinch.

        In the laboratory of the Haven, Grant prepares to place a dimensional space inside of Daisuke's dimensional space. As they do so, a loud groaning fills the air, the ground shakes beneath their feat as blue streaks of energy stream from the singularity. The dimensional pocket collapses, disproving the concept.

        As Ashlynn dotes on Huey in her room while getting ready, he seems to suddenly dart back and forth in her room, clearly alarmed about something.

        A knock is heard upon the door to the Haven.

        Whoever answers the door:
        OOC Comments
        Standing before you is a group of four people in uniforms you don't recognize. Three of them are in military gear. The one in charge is a fit looking human male and is looking at a arm mounted computer. "Under orders of the Grand Emperor, one person of age from this house is to be ready by tomorrow to report for military service. Failure to do so will result in imprisonment of all household members. Have a good day."As the group leaves, whoever is at the door looks across the street to see several people being lead out of homes and into a waiting APC. Looking up and down the street reveals similar scenes. The vehicles feature a roundrel with an ouroboros, a serpent eating its own tail.
        ((What are you doing?))
        User avatar
        Keiko
        Posts: 120
        Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

        Re: Does Anybody Really Know What Time It is?

        Post by Keiko »

        Perception: 1d100: [22] = 22 /45%
        JIC: 1d20: [7] = 7 ; 1d100: [63] = 63
        Active Effects

        Keiko is helping Corwin pack when things take a turn for the weird. "I like the new armor, but you look a bit stiff in it. Looks like we'll both be a little uncomfortable on this job." Keiko gives him a little hip check, "We'll just have to finish up quickly so I can get you out of it." Keiko giggles for a moment before she suddenly stops in her tracks. Keiko's fur down her back and her tail poof out. "What the...? Shit!" Keiko spins around, deadly serious look on her face. "Corwin, we're not in MercTown any more. There was a massive dimensional disturbance around us, and now I can't feel the leyline we were just sitting on. Give me a sec." Keiko will attempt to use Read Dimensional Portal (-6 ISP) to figure out where they just went and what happened.

        Lore: Magic: General Knowledge: 1d100: [28] = 28 /35% (Any spell Keiko knows of that can move an entire building and occupants?)

        Keiko looks at Corwin with a smile, "We need to get everyone together. I'm fairly confidant we are not on Earth any more...well at least the one we were just on. I wonder what this world is like." Keiko lets her enthusiasm at discovering a new world bleed into her tone. Her tail twitches in excitement as she leaves Corwin's room looking for everyone else. She keys her radio on the team's encrypted frequency. "Hey Guys...Is anyone else tracking that we are no longer in the same dimension? I promise it wasn't me, but some how our whole building was moved dimensions. Amazing when you think about it! Anyway...What do we do now? Oh Sounds like someone is at the door...We going to draw straws to see who opens it?"
        Keiko

        P.P.E.: 110/110
        I.S.P.: 35/35
        H.P.: 29/29
        S.D.C.: 86/86
        MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
        Helmet - 40/40
        Left Arm 20/20
        Right Arm 20/20
        Right Leg 30/30
        Left Leg 30/30
        Main Body - 60/60
        Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
        Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
        User avatar
        Daisuke
        Diamond Level Patron
        Diamond Level Patron
        Posts: 103
        Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 2:34 am
        Location: Heroes for Hire

        Re: Twenty Five or Six to Four

        Post by Daisuke »

        -----------------------------------
        Perception: d%: [81] = 81 | 48%
        JIC: 1d20: [14] = 14 | d%: [90] = 90 %
        -----------------------------------
        Character Sheet
        • Eye of Odin (left eye): 20/20 vision, Nightvision (600', constant, no cost)), See Aura (constant, no cost), See the Invisible (constant, no cost)
        • Swallowing Limbo [400lbs nonliving] (0/4 people)
          • <empty>
          • <empty>
          • <empty>
          • <empty>
        • Instant Wardrobe [40lbs each slot] (2/4)
        • Instant Weapon [90lbs each slot] (1/2)

        • HP/MDC: 70/70
          SDC: 211/211
          PPE: 13/13
        TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
        Image
        M.D.C. by Location:
        • Helmet: 45
        • Arms: 40 each
        • Legs: 45 each
        • Main Body: 100

        Weight: 25 lbs.
        Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
        Features:
        • All Features of Triax EBA
        • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
        • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
        • Triples wearer's speed, fatigue reduced to 20% usual rate
        • Increase leap ability by 50%
        • Infrared & thermal masking

        Book Reference: Kraus Imported Arms


        NG Bush Pilot Armored Jumpsuit
        Image
        M.D.C. by Location:
        • Flight Helmet: 35
        • Arms: 9 each
        • Legs: 20 each
        • Main Body: 25

        Weight: 6 lbs.
        Modifiers: None
        Features:
        • Flight helmet includes built-in radio and nightvision goggles

        Book Reference: p.77-78, WB33

        Wilk's 1000 Pulse Laser Cannon
        Image
        • Range: 3000'
        • Damage: 5D6+3 M.D. per shot or 3D4x10 M.D. per 3-pulse burst
        • Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-pulse bursts only
        • Payload: 240 shots with a portable generator
        • Weight: 40 lbs.; portable generator weighs 70 lbs.
        • Features: W.P. Heavy M.D. Weapons; Generator recharges at 8 shots per hour; 1 hour to charge when connected to nuclear power supply
        • Modifiers: None
        • Book Reference: p.104, MercOps

        Saving Throw Bonuses (if Mimic/revert to base stats)
        Eye of Odin grants +1 save vs all (not included below)
        Coma/Death: 28% (+4%)
        Toxins (15+): +7 (+1)
        Magic (varies): +7 (+1)
        Magic (Illusions): +10 (+2)
        Magic (mind-altering): +15 (+7)
        Lethal Poison (14+): +7 (+1)
        Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +7 (+1)
        Insanity (12+): +16
        Psionics (12+): +7
        Horror Factor: +12
        Disease: +7 (+2)
        Drugs (mind-altering): +8 (+6)
        Possession: +13 (+6)
        Conditions

          When Grant and Daisuke's experiment fails, resulting in noise, rumbling and a minor light show, the Arismal doesn't think much of it.

          "It appears your magical dimensional envelope is incompatible with my own abilities." Daisuke states matter-of-factly. "Unfortunate. We will need to make do with my and your dimensional limitations separately. Though I do admit that I am relieved that I did not wink out of existence." It certainly was a clever idea. But not an opportunity to force-multiply. Daisuke's smile of relief is genuine. Seemingly uncertain he wishes to risk his existence twice in one day, Daisuke indicates that he is keen to return to some final preparations when Keiko's voice chirps over the comms.
          Keiko wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:15 am"Hey Guys...Is anyone else tracking that we are no longer in the same dimension? I promise it wasn't me, but some how our whole building was moved dimensions. Amazing when you think about it! Anyway...What do we do now? Oh Sounds like someone is at the door...We going to draw straws to see who opens it?"
          He will exchange a concerned look with Grant, "Did you feel a dimensional shift?" he asks the mage before keying his comms to reply. "Grant and I performed an experiment. To see if a magical dimensional pocket could be held within my innate dimensional abilities. From our end we heard a loud groaning, felt a low rumble and were privy to some blue energy streaks. The dimensional pocket collapsed. Are you suggesting though that somehow our efforts may have inadvertently relocated the entire building to another dimension?" Daisuke's comms message ends with a question, his intonation shift striking a significantly higher pitch suggesting extreme uncertainty.

          Ho ho ho. Kondo's voice taunts in Daisuke's mind seemingly with the volume of a deafening roar. I... told you... This is what happens when you are left in control. Chaos! *tsk tsk tsk* It is time I think... for Kondo to take charge!

          Daisuke's stance suddenly widens into what can only be described as a flamboyant pose. With one hand on his hip, he reaches up with his other hand to key the comms. "The door you say? It would be rude to keep a visitor waiting. I shall play host! With haste!" And with that, Daisuke will try to expedite his travel to answer the door with generous use of his portal ability to cover distances and bypass walls.


          "Why hello my friends! Welcome to our humble abode! Have you eaten? Please come in for some refreshments!" Daisuke greets the uniformed soldiers, opening the door wide so that anyone inside or outside gets a good look at the opposite. No doubt his invitation will be rebuffed by their duty to complete the rounds.
          Virtus wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:38 pm"Under orders of the Grand Emperor, one person of age from this house is to be ready by tomorrow to report for military service. Failure to do so will result in imprisonment of all household members. Have a good day."
          "Who is this Grand Emperor you speak of?! I... do not recognize or accept this authority!" Daisuke will state bluntly practically interrupting the man with an upraised finger. Unarmed and unarmored, the Arismal likely strikes a non-threatening figure. But the tone of his voice and his body language is clearly defiant.

          Daisuke will mock struggle should he be immediately detained. But will only protest verbally, "This is an insult!" or "I demand to speak to your superior!" or "Take your hands off me!" or "This is no way to treat a gentleman!"
          Last edited by Daisuke on Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
          User avatar
          Ashlynn
          Bronze Level Patron
          Bronze Level Patron
          Posts: 318
          Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

          Re: Does Anybody Really Know What Time It is?

          Post by Ashlynn »

          Perception: 82% /87% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100: [9] = 9

          JIC: 1d20: [18] = 18
          JIC: 1d100: [19] = 19

          Ash smiles as Keiko gives her estimation of what her new energy manipulations are doing.
          Keiko wrote:That's a time warp spell. Actually it's one of two that I don't know yet... Yup...Fast forward. There is a more advanced version which can send a target forward in time and move locations.
          Ash positively beams. Awesome - I can't believe I pulled that off! I wonder what else I can do?
          Barracuda wrote:"What, you got medium-sized item teleporty powers now and didn't want to tell me?"
          She grins. "This is me tellin' you! This is legiterally the first time I've ever tried it!"

          Ash is petting Huey when he begins going berserk... well, as close to berserk as the corpulent little bookwyrm gets. she feels the confusion in him. "What's the matter Huey? Something wrong?" She opens her door and ventures out to find anyone who might know better.
          Keiko wrote:"...massive dimensional disturbance around us, and now I can't feel the leyline we were just sitting on. Give me a sec. ...We need to get everyone together. I'm fairly confident we are not on Earth any more...well at least the one we were just on. I wonder what this world is like.""
          "Wait... what?"
          Keiko wrote:"Hey Guys...Is anyone else tracking that we are no longer in the same dimension? I promise it wasn't me, but some how our whole building was moved dimensions. Amazing when you think about it! Anyway...What do we do now? Oh Sounds like someone is at the door...We going to draw straws to see who opens it?"
          Did I do this? Did... Did the whole building follow that crate I disappeared?

          "Uhh... Did I break the Haven? Uh... Again?"
          Daisuke wrote:"Grant and I performed an experiment. To see if a magical dimensional pocket could be held within my innate dimensional abilities. From our end we heard a loud groaning, felt a low rumble and were privy to some blue energy streaks. The dimensional pocket collapsed. Are you suggesting though that somehow our efforts may have inadvertently relocated the entire building to another dimension?"
          Okay, so that WASN'T me. This time. Maybe. Ash looks genuinely concerned as she hears a knock at the door. Unless they did their experiment while I was doin' MY experiment. and I fuddled it up.
          Daisuke wrote:"The door you say? It would be rude to keep a visitor waiting. I shall play host! With haste!"
          OH NO I BROKE DAISUKE TOO!

          She looks, wide-eyed, at Keiko. "Is that our Daisuke or did I... did it... Uh..."
          Ashlynn
          AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

          H.P.: 45/45
          S.D.C.: 68/68


          TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
          OOC Comments
          M.D.C. by Location:
          • Helmet: 45/45
          • Arms: 40/40 each
          • Legs: 45/45 each
          • Main Body: 42/100

          Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, and +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
          Features:
          • All Features of Triax EBA
          • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
          • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
          • Infrared & thermal masking


          N-F20A Medium Force Field (integrated into FreeRunner Exoskeleton)
          OOC Comments
          M.D.C. by Location:
          • Force Field: 75

          Features:
          • 10 hour duration per E-clip
          User avatar
          Ronith
          Group Leader
          Posts: 626
          Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
          Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

          Re: Does Anybody Really Know What Time It is?

          Post by Ronith »

          JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2 , 1d100: [39] = 39
          PER: 1d100: [60] = 60 vs. 94%

          Conditions:
          700ft probe, 1400ft communicate, 24m00s, 82% chance to read specific memories.


          Ronith will spend his time assisting with the logistics of their upcoming trip- mostly retrieving his own gear, and loading the team’s supplies into the APC. He is largely oblivious to the various experiments taking place at the Haven, which is perhaps just as well- although it leaves him grasping at an explanation for what might have happened when he answers the door. Upon being confronted by the soldier, Ronith almost starts to as ”Sorry the wh- uh, right. Grand Emperor. Okay, sure.” Spying the fellow using a portable computer, Ronith reaches out with telepathy: superior to a) See what the soldier is looking up on said computer, and b) Dig into his surface thoughts to find out what the Hel is going on [/color=red]((-8 ISP))[/color]. Daisuke shows up, and Ronith steps out of the way to let the suddenly enthusiastic teammate address the soldier while Ronith collects his thoughts and tries to figure out what’s going on. Then Keiko sounds the alarm over the radio.

          An experiment?!? In the Haven? Wonderful. Well that explains this ‘Grand Emperor’ nonsense. Some sort of parallel reality or alternate timeline, hopefully. I’ve damn near had my fill of time travel. Unless Daisuke has the situation well in hand, Ronith will interrupt and say ”Ready by tomorrow- understood and thank you.” Then unceremoniously shuts the door (perhaps just a smidge shy of slamming it). A dark look on his face, Ronith stalks over to the others as the general meeting is called. ”What’s this about an experiment in the Haven? Can you reverse whatever’s happened?” Should his telepathic scan have revealed anything of note, Ronith will take this opportunity to share it.
          I am better than you. You just don't know it.
          Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent)
          | BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
          No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
          ISP- 69/91; PPE- 47/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
          Frostfang Heals: 0/4. Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (1/3); Cleanse (3/3)
          User avatar
          Keiko
          Posts: 120
          Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

          Re: Does Anybody Really Know What Time It is?

          Post by Keiko »

          ***Rolls Held Over***
          Daisuke wrote:
          He will exchange a concerned look with Grant, "Did you feel a dimensional shift?" he asks the mage before keying his comms to reply. "Grant and I performed an experiment. To see if a magical dimensional pocket could be held within my innate dimensional abilities. From our end we heard a loud groaning, felt a low rumble and were privy to some blue energy streaks. The dimensional pocket collapsed. Are you suggesting though that somehow our efforts may have inadvertently relocated the entire building to another dimension?" Daisuke's comms message ends with a question, his intonation shift striking a significantly higher pitch suggesting extreme uncertainty.
          Keiko stops dead in her tracks at Daisuke's description of their test. "You did WHAT!?!?" Keiko rubs her head for a second before letting out a low groan of frustration, "We are lucky all that did was move us dimensions! You could have erased us from existence! Ugh...well, let's figure out where we are and how to get back." Keiko turns to Ash. "It's OK. You didn't break anything. Your power wasn't the cause. I was there with you, wasn't I? Trust me...it wasn't from you. What idiot tries to put two Dimensional bags in each other...Daisuke's Abilities are different then mine or Grant's I guess we should thank our lucky stars it was different enough to not kill eveyone...as far as we know...ugh, I hope there is not a giant crater where MercTown used to be.

          Keiko will drag Daisuke away from the door as Ronith deals with the guest.
          Keiko

          P.P.E.: 110/110
          I.S.P.: 35/35
          H.P.: 29/29
          S.D.C.: 86/86
          MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
          Helmet - 40/40
          Left Arm 20/20
          Right Arm 20/20
          Right Leg 30/30
          Left Leg 30/30
          Main Body - 60/60
          Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
          Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
          User avatar
          Daisuke
          Diamond Level Patron
          Diamond Level Patron
          Posts: 103
          Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 2:34 am
          Location: Heroes for Hire

          Re: Does Anybody Really Know What Time It is?

          Post by Daisuke »

          ((rolls carried over))
          Ronith wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:11 amUpon being confronted by the soldier, Ronith almost starts to as ”Sorry the wh- uh, right. Grand Emperor. Okay, sure.”
          Keiko wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:55 pmKeiko will drag Daisuke away from the door as Ronith deals with the guest.
          Ronith wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:11 am”Ready by tomorrow- understood and thank you.” Then unceremoniously shuts the door (perhaps just a smidge shy of slamming it).
          Halted from answering the door by Sir Ronith's initiative and Keiko's physical intervention, Daisuke finds himself hollering impotently at a closed door, "My friends, please, welcome!" Somewhat disappointed at the soundproof nature of the Haven's front door he let's out a small huff and mumbles to himself, "What a shame... opportunity for profit... lost."

          Sir Ronith's stern gaze at the Arismal draws a lopsided shrug, "Yes yes, I suppose you are correct," Daisuke seemingly admits, "We cannot win them all." Rather than take ownership of the situation, Daisuke seems to shrink from scrutiny.
          Ronith wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:11 amA dark look on his face, Ronith stalks over to the others as the general meeting is called. ”What’s this about an experiment in the Haven? Can you reverse whatever’s happened?”
          When the meeting is called, Daisuke makes himself quietly disengaged on the periphery. Should he be directly confronted, the Arismal deflects with a casual dismissal, "Who can really know the infinite mysteries of this Megaverse..."

          What are you doing?! Sir Ronith asked you a direct question!
          Ho ho ho, you are amusing. How little you know sometimes about human nature... Nobody was injured. It was an accident. Ronith is too noble to punish anyone for an 'accident'.
          User avatar
          Grant Latham
          Diamond Level Patron
          Diamond Level Patron
          Posts: 534
          Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
          Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
          Contact:

          Re: Does Anybody Really Know What Time It is?

          Post by Grant Latham »

          New Perception: 78% vs 1d100: [60] = 60
          JIC: 1d20: [8] = 8 , 1d100: [41] = 41
          Constant Abilities
          Character Sheet
          • Sense Ley Line: 89%
          • Sense Ley Line Nexus 99%
          • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 150mi
          • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'
          • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
          • Immune to Possession
          • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
          • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
          • Base Spell Strength: 15
          • Spell Range doubled
          • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
          • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
          • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
          Stats
          • M.D.C.: 97/97
          • I.S.P.: 94/94
          • P.P.E.: 656/656
          • Lord Magus Armor • Main Body: 50/50 Head: 45/45 Arms: 15/15 Legs:30/30

          Grant reaches over and steadies himself against a table as his experiment with Daisuke shakes the building. He bites his lower lip in anticipation, and the lets out a huff as the two dimensional spaces collapse from being combined. "Well, I am glad we found that out now, rather than later at least...and that you didn't go with it Daisuke." He looks around and spreads his hands, "It looks like we will need to rely on you, Daisuke, while we are in Coalition territory to hide away the magical items we take with us." It's then that he feels the lack, the presense of the ley line passing through the Heroes' Haven, and then also the sense of the nexus down at the Collegiate Arcane. Did we? No, we couldn't have.

          When Keiko confirms that a much large dimensional event has occurred, he sighs, We did. Unbidden, another thought bubbles up with a bit of giddy excitement, Cool! He listens to Daisuke confirm what they were up to. He says to Daisuke, "No, not the shift itself," he triggers his radio in mid sentence, "But the presence of the ley line and nexus is gone supporting the idea that we've moved." When the knock on the door is heard, Grant says to Daisuke, "That was a rather polite knock, if we've just shifted our whole building to somewhere else." It implies we've appeared somewhere populated, the appearance I would think would have scared most people, to just knock suggests that maybe we moved dimensions but into another parallel dimension where the Haven still exists. "I supposed we should see what's out there and if necessary see if we can fix what damage we've caused.

          Grant moves to a window and looks outside as Daisuke dashes to the door. He reaches out with his own magical senses to try and locate the nearest ley line and/or nexus. Then looks at the people outside to see if they have any telltale aura of magical ability or items a long with what they look like. Are they human? D-bee? Does it look like our street? Did our building smash another building underneath it? Do we see a pair of legs in stockings ending in ruby slippers sticking out from under the building? Does our building even look like our building?

          Sense Ley Line 89% vs 1d100: [52] = 52
          Sense Nexus 99% vs 1d100: [69] = 69
          Sense Magic in Use 1000'

          Lore: D-Bee 129% vs 1d100: [43] = 43 | Roll to support the various questions above.
          Anthropology 54% vs 1d100: [11] = 11 | Roll to support the various questions above.
          Wardrobe and Grooming 66% vs 1d100: [72] = 72 | Roll to support the various questions above.
          Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record
          Info
          M.D.C.: 97/[color=#FF00000]97[/color] • P.P.E.: 656/656 • I.S.P.: 94/94 • Running: 80'/action

          Constant Special Abilities
          • Sense Ley Line: 89% | 100mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 99% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 1500mi • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'

          Equipped Gear of Note
          MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
          6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
          User avatar
          Barracuda
          Diamond Level Patron
          Diamond Level Patron
          Posts: 433
          Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
          Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
          Contact:

          Re: Does Anybody Really Know What Time It is?

          Post by Barracuda »

          Perception: 1d100: [9] = 9 /46% (61% underwater)
          JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2 / 1d100: [18] = 18
          Keiko wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:15 am "I like the new armor, but you look a bit stiff in it. Looks like we'll both be a little uncomfortable on this job."
          "I'm ready to face the entire world with you, babe." Corwin's smile lights up beneath the helmet of his new armor when Keiko makes contact with him. She's so dreamy!
          Keiko wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:15 amKeiko gives him a little hip check, "We'll just have to finish up quickly so I can get you out of it." Keiko giggles for a moment before she suddenly stops in her tracks. Keiko's fur down her back and her tail poof out. "What the...? Shit!"
          "Oh yeah? That sounds..." Corwin looks confused when she starts to freak out. Damn, it doesn't look that bad, does it?
          Keiko wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:15 amKeiko spins around, deadly serious look on her face. "Corwin, we're not in MercTown any more. There was a massive dimensional disturbance around us, and now I can't feel the leyline we were just sitting on. Give me a sec."
          "I'm sorry, what?!" Corwin rushes to a window to see if he recognizes the landmarks he's used to from the Haven. When he doesn't know the landscape, he mutters to himself, "Looks like we're not in Kansas anymore, Toto."
          Keiko wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:15 amKeiko looks at Corwin with a smile, "We need to get everyone together. I'm fairly confidant we are not on Earth any more...well at least the one we were just on. I wonder what this world is like." Keiko lets her enthusiasm at discovering a new world bleed into her tone.
          Corwin signals for Striker to accompany him. He follows her out to gather everyone up while asking "Are you enjoying this? Random dimensional travel is not supposed to be enjoyable!"
          Daisuke wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:18 am"Grant and I performed an experiment. To see if a magical dimensional pocket could be held within my innate dimensional abilities. From our end we heard a loud groaning, felt a low rumble and were privy to some blue energy streaks. The dimensional pocket collapsed. Are you suggesting though that somehow our efforts may have inadvertently relocated the entire building to another dimension?"
          Barracuda keys his comms and says "OK, no more experiments until we find out where the hell we are!"

          He makes it downstairs and sees Ashlynn. He's about to speak when there's a knock at the door. Visibly irritated, he thinks to himself. No time to prepare? What, did we drop a house on someone?
          Daisuke wrote:"The door you say? It would be rude to keep a visitor waiting. I shall play host! With haste!"
          Ashlynn wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:24 pmShe looks, wide-eyed, at Keiko. "Is that our Daisuke or did I... did it... Uh..."
          He looks to Keiko and Ashlynn with a raised eyebrow.
          "If one more thing happens in the next 30 seconds, I am going to lose it."
          Barracuda
          Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
          SDC: 121/121
          HP: 23/23
          Critical Strike: 18-20



          Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
          Image
          Ledger
          Post Reply

          Return to “Heroes for Hire Adventure Forum”