Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Moderator: Augur

User avatar
Leo
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Post by Leo »

Perception 31% 1d100 = 38: 38

JIC: 1d20 = 2: 2
1d100 = 6: 6
Murdoch wrote:"The one that did this to me was too, but brilliant. Hell, I'm surprised I don't have some magic TW gizmo shoved up my ass. Though I'm pretty sure he used recycled parts. Cuz the closest thing I've ever heard of like what I got was something called a Kremin. But that talk was second hand, so...."
Leo mutters darkly, "I fought a Kremin once."

After a moment, he asks, "You say a mage did that to you? Not some Body fixer?"After a moment, he adds, "So... I know this is a personal question, and I'm sorry - feel free not to answer if it's too personal. But... when you touch things... can you... y'know... feel them?"

That evening, Leo takes his turn on watch with Jessie, saying little to the chilly valkyrie. No sense bothering her with chatter. She don't ever reply to me anyway.

He watches the storm, thinking back to his childhood on the ranch back out west. Summer storms would rip through, nearly bending the trees sideways. And Leo, as a kid, would sit up in his nook in the attic, and watch the storm rage outside through the shuttered attic window, flashes of lighting briefly illuminating the world, the rain lashing the shingles scant inches over his head. He would dream that someday he, too, would be like the storm - a force of nature, irrepressible, irresistible.

Shoulda wished smarter, kid, he chides himself. Storms are fleeting. They rage for hours - days, and then they're gone.

And so will I be. I guess I got my wish.

When his shift is over, he returns to his bunk for a few hours of sleep - a few hours is all he needs. All he can tolerate, really, before the chemicals in his blood amp him up with too much energy to sleep. Then, he gets up, washes up, and heads to the galley to see about some food, in the absence of the team cook.
Leo, Titan Juicer
Theme song: Thunderstruck - AC/DC
OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Environmental Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40/40
Right Arm: 35/35
Left Arm: 35/35
Right Leg: 45/45
Left Leg: 45/45
Main Body: 80/80
-5% to -10% movement penalty
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 301
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Templar (PC)

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Post by Murdoc »

Percep 77%: 1d100 = 98: 98
JIC: 1d20 = 2: 2 1d100 = 90: 90

Leo wrote:Leo mutters darkly, "I fought a Kremin once."

After a moment, he asks, "You say a mage did that to you? Not some Body fixer?"After a moment, he adds, "So... I know this is a personal question, and I'm sorry - feel free not to answer if it's too personal. But... when you touch things... can you... y'know... feel them?"
Murdoc's brown raise at Leo's mention of fighting a Kremin but he weighs the tone carefully, Musta been when the Sploogs had him. He lets the simple statement wash away as Leo goes on to ask him something Leo thinks is personal. Murdoc chuckles a bit as he holds his hands up to his chest like he's holding two grapefruit, "Yeah, but I usually like them to be attached to a six foot tall brunette." He meets Leo's eyes with a grin as his hands fall away, "But seriously. I've got some loss of sensitivity but its not too bad. Thirsty Pete is a freaking genius. I couldn't imagine to pin him down to just one skill set though techno-wizard is definitely a focus of his."

That morning, Murdoc fights loading his plate up to what were his old juicers portions and selects a modest amount of food then gives the little guy a smile, "Thanks for this Vlad. I know you're worried about your friend." Murdoc sets his plate down and slides into a seat, asking, "So what's the order of business for today? The mages still out in that mess playing patty cake with the ley line?"
Travis Murdoc

OOC Comments
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 316
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Post by Jason Long »

Perception: 1d100 = 29: 29% / 68%
JIC: 1d20 = 9: 9 / 1d100 = 15: 15

Still on watch as dawn breaks, Jason does another sensor sweep and checks the radio for any signals. If he picks up any signals, he will work on determining the distance and records any messages. Except for the storm, its been a quiet night. Ugh, Rufus will smell like wet dog when he gets back... Jason stretches and goes to get a cup of coffee. Now, I am ready to face the day. Cup in hand, Jason walks the Behemoth, checking that all is secure.

If there are any immediate threats detected, Jason will hit the alarm and alert the team.

Checking in on Jessie, he is astonished to see Dhaltuun alive. He almost spills his coffee. "What the...... Dhal! Welcome back! Jessie implied that your death might not be permanent." Jason reaches over an hits the intercom to the dining area and in his best Brian Blessed calls out "Dhaltuun's alive". Turning back to Dhaltuun his eyes soften, "Do you need anything and are you up to telling us what happened? " Jason will listen if Dhaltuun feels like talking or leave the Dwarf Shifter in peace if he wants his rest.

Either way, once they are done talking, Jason will head to the communication station and try to raise Rufus and Sal to give them to good news.

((Sensory Equipment—77% / 1d100 = 67: 67% )) Sensor sweep at dawn
((Radio:Basic--102% / 1d100 = 63: 63% )) checking for signals
((Electronic Countermeasures--92% / 1d100 = 44: 44% )) analyzing any signals

((Radio:Basic--102% / 1d100 = 77: 77% )) raising Rufus and Sal
Jason Long
OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar
Contact:

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Post by Rufus »

Perception: 1d100 = 66: 66/80% (increases when on a ley line -- LIKE RIGHT NOW)
JIC: 1d20 = 2: 2/ 1d100 = 97: 97

Conditions:
- Ring of Invisibility (⅔ charges; (Inactive), -1 shot NG-45LP, -2 shot Empress Pistol
Consumer wrote:Around midnight, Sal and Rufus make their way to the ley line a relatively short distance away. Both spell casters can feel not only the normal tingle of being on a ley line, but there is an extra surge of electricity in the air with the Solstice happening. All in all the whole scene while beautiful is rather boring, with Sal repeatedly casting spells and Rufus helping as best he can.

Around the fourth hour the winds pick up and a storm rolls in extremely fast, within seconds the duo realize that this is no ordinary storm, but a Ley line storm. Arcs of blue lighting begin peppering the area as a Rift basically forms on top of Sal, who while aware there was a danger, didn’t quite see it coming, and with a pop, the Amaki Stone Man High Magus is gone from Rufus’s sight. Rufus not exactly keen on being killed wisely makes tracks away from the Ley Line, once about a mile away, the Kankoran can only stare as rain and lightning lash around and all manner of strangeness happens on the Ley Line.
Once a safe distance away, Rufus creates a magical shelter to keep off the rain and curses himself for being so focused on assisting Sal that he failed to sense the Ley Line Storm building. If only I had seen it coming, I might could have stopped this from happening... he pokes his head out to get another look at the rift that opened. Well, maybe not have stopped ALL of this from happening. I'm not attuned enough to be able to close those things when they open. At least, not yet anyway -- Uncle Cato always liked to say 'have patience in all things, but first of all with yourself.' "V redu, prijatelj, če je potrpljenje ime igre, potem bom sedel tukaj in jo igral..." he says as he finds himself chuckling in spite of everything. "if patience is the name of the game, then I'll sit here and play it." He retires to the relative dry safety of his impromptu camp and waits for the storm to subside in the hopes that his Amaki companion pops back into reality.

When the morning rolls around and there is still no sign of Sal, however, Rufus gives up his soggy vigil. He finds a nice large tree close to the rift, pulls out his knife, and starts carving.

3/21/111
Sal -- heading [whatever direction]. Catch up if you can.
If not, hope to see you in MT soon.


He dispells his shelter, lowers his goggles, and heads off at the best safe speed possible for the Behemoth.
Jason, assuming his radio message is the same as his intercom message wrote:"Dhaltuun's alive"
Well that's a spot of good news, Rufus nods. Guess his god wasn't too upset with him after all. "Roger that," he grunts back. "Inbound now. Will debrief after docking and a towel-off."

Once he's arrived back at the Behemoth, secured his hovercycle and set it along with his eclips to recharge, Rufus casts a quick Cleanse spell to get rid of all the 'lingering souvenirs' from the past night's adventure and seeks out a cup of coffee to warm his innards.

First thing he does is seek out Dhaltuun. "I'm glad to see you're still with us, moj prijatelj..." he claps the dwarf on the shoulder. "You had us all worried -- well, all except for Jessie. She told us what was going on. So what happened? Or are you allowed to discuss it?"

He also seeks out Jason. "Bad news, boss. We got surprised by a random rift popping up out of nowhere last night and Sal disappeared into it. I kept a lookout for him until this morning, then left him directions to catch up with us. I have a feeling though if he does pop back up it'll either be far away from here or it'll be a long time from now." He takes a sip of his coffee. "Call it 'the voice of experience' if you want... though I think Leo could also tell us a thing or two about random rift deposits. Anyway, what all did I miss aside from Dhal waking up?"
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1456
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Post by Consumer »

Dig Me Out
Time and Weather wrote:Location: Templar Farm, approximately 1 mile from MercTown.
Date: March 27, 111 PA, 11:40 AM
Weather: 58°,Raining
[ooc=Skills][/ooc]

Dhaltuun:
Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:” Actually yes. We had fish and beer, shot the shit, and then he returned me.” He adds a little smile, before the room spins and he has to lay his head back down.
Dhaltun speaks sarcastically to his minion, before trying to fall to sleep, even though he’s not actually tired, just in immense pain. ”Sarcasm isn’t going to help you.” Jessie says as Dhaltuun can hear a box being opened, a bit more rummaging and Dhaltuun feels a burning pain in his face. Before he can start fighting. ”If you keep moving, I won’t be able to sew up your wounds, and you’ll bleed to death.” Jessie says sternly. Her bedside manner lacks any particular warmth, as she seems mad for some strange reason. Over an hour later, she sighs and puts her tools away in a small wooden box, that Dhaltuun has never seen before. ”There, you’re gonna live. You’re face will be scarred, and certain facial expressions may hurt more than others.” Jessie says before picking up the box and leaving the small room that is Dhaltuun’s.

Everyone else:

Around the time Dhaltuun’s face is being put back together, Rufus makes his way back to the Behemoth. A brief conversation with Jason lets him know the fate of Sal. A radio conversation with the Professor gets even worse news. Hurricane is inbound, so waiting for the missing High Magus isn’t even an option. Jessie informs the group that Dhaltuun is alive and recuperating from his ordeal.

The group moves on, it takes several days to get out of the swamps and through the middle of the Appalachian mountains. The weather is rainy the entire trip, but in the end, the group arrives, MercTown in the distance and the Farm in front of them.

Once the party stops at the Farm, the Professor approaches.

”Well that was an adventure to say the least. I’ll head into MercTown and get the payment forwarded to your account, then we’ll be off for Lazlo via a cargo plane. Once there, the University will appraise the find and I’ll wire the rest of your finder’s fee to the account. It was a pleasure to work with you and If I do find myself on another expedition I’ll look your team up once more.”

After some more farewells, the Professor and his team make their way the mile or so to MercTown.

What do you do?
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 301
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Templar (PC)

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Post by Murdoc »

Percep 77%: 1d100 = 68: 68
JIC: 1d20 = 2: 2 1d100 = 42: 42

Murdoc spends a lot of the time on the way back to Merctown outside of the Behemoth, either trotting alongside or riding on top. Both places put him in a position to respond quickly if anything comes up.

When they come up to the Farm, Murdoc eyeballs it and grins, "Nice place" He stands around a bit awkwardly waiting for the team to do whatever they need to do as they arrive back at their base, waiting for a bit before thanking them and saying his goodbyes. Didn't Leo say something about them possibly hiring me on? Maybe I should wait and see what happens.

He drifts over toward Leo, knowing that the Titan Juicer was also picked up on the road out of town. "I spent most of my time in town and can't say I was ever really out this way before."
Travis Murdoc

OOC Comments
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 316
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Post by Jason Long »

Perception: 1d100 = 69: 69 / 68%
JIC: 1d20 = 20: 20 / 1d100 = 10: 10
Consumer wrote:”Well that was an adventure to say the least. I’ll head into MercTown and get the payment forwarded to your account, then we’ll be off for Lazlo via a cargo plane. Once there, the University will appraise the find and I’ll wire the rest of your finder’s fee to the account. It was a pleasure to work with you and If I do find myself on another expedition I’ll look your team up once more.”
Jason thanks the professor and finalizes the details. After the professor and his people leave, Jason will turn to the Templar and tells the new members, "Welcome home. " He takes the new members around to introduce them to Jacob and the other farm hands. He also inspects the work that was being done to update the farm into more of a base. He shows Dhaltuun the vegetable and herb garden that was set up and inspects the hanger to see if everything is up to his expectations. Finally, he calls the team in to check out the brewery. Hoping they have a batch ready to taste.

"Well, let me know what you think of the upgrades. I know we don't have the barracks built yet. My intent was for us to use our quarters in the Behemoth until a barracks or dorm can be built. We needed somewhere to store and maintain our equipment first. After seeing how easily some magic can go wrong, I think we should consider building a separate magic lab or ritual site for you magic types to safely practice your arts. Although I wouldn't know the first thing about what you would need. I would like you to put your heads together over the next few days and rough out what you would need. Dhaltuun, would a shrine to your deity help with your magic?"

If the magic using members start discussing what they could use, Jason carefully listens. Hopefully there is some kind of logic to this magic stuff, so I can begin to try and understand it. If they come to a rough design, Jason will make copies so they can start looking in to getting the resources to build it. He doesn't expect any final designs though.

Once they take a break, Jason will put in a call to GAW, since they still have the contract for Bonaparte's maintenance. He makes arrangements for the VHT to be repaired and discussed options for improved sensors; seismic, sonar, ground penetrating radar, etc. He also looks into options for a ECM, ECCM, radar and radio jamming equipment.
Jason will also make calls to his ammunition suppliers; running so low on ammunition made him nervous. I have GOT to learn how to make these shells myself.
Jason Long
OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Leo
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Post by Leo »

Perception 31% 1d100 = 86: 86

JIC: 1d20 = 4: 4
1d100 = 20: 20

Leo spends the trip to Merctown in quiet contemplation. Can it be true that I'm finally free of the Splugorth? I've never been to Merctown but I know it's a big enough settlement - and far enough from the coast - that the sploogs don't raid there. Still pretty far from home... but so much closer than I was just a week ago. When the reach the group's HQ, Leo smiles. I'd heard them call it the farm... but I didn't realize it was an actual farm. Wow... this place is gonna feel so much like home...
Murdoc wrote: "I spent most of my time in town and can't say I was ever really out this way before."
Leo shrugs. "I've never been here before. My family's place was away south in Lone Star, and I can't say as I made it very far north when I left. Still, I heard of the place, and it's as good a place as any to stock up." He turns to look at the Templar's farm, and smiles at Murdoc. "Now this, though? This reminds me of home. Bit different layout than my family's spread but once you know your way around one farmstead you can pretty much find your way around anywhere. Not that I was ever much of a farmer. If I was, I'd probably still be there."

He takes a moment to briefly wonder if they have accommodations for a person his size, when Jason says,
Jason wrote:"Welcome home... My intent was for us to use our quarters in the Behemoth until a barracks or dorm can be built."
Leo smiles. "Saves me the effort of packing," he chuckles, knowing full well he has nothing really to pack. "Lemme know what I can help with. I ain't much of a builder but I'm down for the heavy lifting."

He turns to Murdoc. "All right, bud. Let's you and I familiarize ourselves. Have a look around."

With that, Leo will alight from the Behemoth and let Jason introduce him to Jacob and everyone else, and Leo will make it a point to learn each person's name and job.

This'll be a ripe opportunity for me to relearn some of the farmhand skills I used to have - back in the day Pop would give me my chores and my head was never on what I was doing. It's been so long since I had to do anything on the farm I've just about forgotten it all.

It escapes him for the moment that he's planning for a longer life than he potentially may have left.
Leo, Titan Juicer
Theme song: Thunderstruck - AC/DC
OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Environmental Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40/40
Right Arm: 35/35
Left Arm: 35/35
Right Leg: 45/45
Left Leg: 45/45
Main Body: 80/80
-5% to -10% movement penalty
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar
Contact:

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Post by Rufus »

Perception: 1d100 = 42: 42/80%
JIC: 1d20 = 5: 5/ 1d100 = 13: 13

Rufus sighs heavily when he hears the news of the incoming hurricane. Well, here's hoping Sal sees the message when he pops out. IF he pops out in the same place, anyway.

He spends the days on the way back doing minor tweaks/repairs as much as he can to the Behemoth's interior and systems. At some point he tracks Dhaltuun down and hands him a cold drink. "So, moj prijatelj, are you able to talk about what happened yet? Or at the very least, let's talk about Njord and his fellow gods. I tried talking to Jessie about them back in Char but she didn't seem too interested in conversation."

When the farm comes into view he can't help but grin. "Never thought I'd be so happy to see such a humble rustic sight..."
Jason Long wrote:Jason thanks the professor and finalizes the details. After the professor and his people leave, Jason will turn to the Templar and tells the new members, "Welcome home. " He takes the new members around to introduce them to Jacob and the other farm hands. He also inspects the work that was being done to update the farm into more of a base. He shows Dhaltuun the vegetable and herb garden that was set up and inspects the hanger to see if everything is up to his expectations. Finally, he calls the team in to check out the brewery. Hoping they have a batch ready to taste.
"Be it ever so humble, et cetera et cetera..." Rufus chuckles. He cheerfully greets Jacob and the others there at the farm and follows Jason around inspecting the work that's been done since they left.
Jason Long wrote:"Well, let me know what you think of the upgrades. I know we don't have the barracks built yet. My intent was for us to use our quarters in the Behemoth until a barracks or dorm can be built. We needed somewhere to store and maintain our equipment first. After seeing how easily some magic can go wrong, I think we should consider building a separate magic lab or ritual site for you magic types to safely practice your arts. Although I wouldn't know the first thing about what you would need. I would like you to put your heads together over the next few days and rough out what you would need. Dhaltuun, would a shrine to your deity help with your magic?"
"I suppose an alchemy lab would be nice," Rufus nods. "and a secure casting area probably wouldn't be a bad idea either. Somewhere Dhal could more safely summon minions like the one that tried to remove his face. Something more along the lines of a bunker I'd wager." He looks over at the garden. "I went to the Collegiate to see what research they had available on growing alchemical or magical ingredients, but wasn't very successful. May have to go back and search some more." He rubs his muzzle. "Speaking of, I probably need to head over there and check in regardless and I may be due to pay some fees to the guild. Did we get paid yet?"
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 293
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Post by Dhaltuun Onyxforge »

Perception: 1d100 = 35: 35 /31%
JIC: 1d20 = 7: 7 / 1d100 = 7: 7
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 2: 1
APM: 6

PPE: 128 at end of post / 136
Manipulate Objects (2+)
Light Healing (6)

Conditions:
Facial Scars ??


Skills:



Post -

Dhaltuun closes his eyes and takes a deep breath, obviously to calm his nerves. With sad eyes, ” I am sorry, my heart. I wasn’t trying to be snippy. That was meant as a funny, not sarcasm.” He lays back while she works. As he lays there, he relives the meeting thru his minds eye. ”i am to bring one person into the loving arms of Njord. How?” Then it hits him…. ”Njord said to ask Jessie when i need to...so?” Dhaltuun struggles to sit up. Looking thru his good eye, Dhaltuun gently grabs her wrist as she starts to turn away.

’Njord said to ask you questionsif i need. You are my advisor as well as protector. Njord has tasked me with converting one being to his call. That and spread his name and worth. *takes a breathe* So i need you to tell me stories or legends of Njord, or if you know where i can find any info on him.” He lies back as his face gets red in effort to stay up and speak. He lays there as Jessie gives him his instructions and heads out of the room. ”My thanks, Jessie.”

Dhaltuun lays there trying to ignore the pain. Looking around slowly, he sees his best friend sitting on his window sill. With a grunt, Dhaltuun pulls himself to a half sitting/half lounging position. [/b]”Marcella, my favorite girl. Come here, baby.”[/b] As his familiar flies across the room, Dhaltuun can't help but realize how truly beautiful she is. Once she alights on the bed beside him, Dhaltuun pets and grooms her, all the while speaking softly. They just lay there enjoying the presence of the other.

After about an hour or so, Dhaltuun hears people walking around the behemoth. With a gesture, Dhaltuun uses Manipulate Objects to open his room door. He adjusts himself to sit comfortably while he watches the door. ”So Marcella, we have been tasked with finding a convert. We are to find someone to bring Njord to, but not one of the Templars. “ Dhaltuun ponders this as he looks out his door.

When Dhaltuun sees Jason with the new guy(s), he says ”Hi. I will be up and about as soon as I can. Don't worry, boss. I will still get dinner ready.” He adds a jovial smile to the comment. As he listens to the plan for the tour, Dhaltuun offers Marcella to follow or ride on someone's shoulder. ”If you like, i can have Marcella follow you or even hitch a ride on Jason’s shoulder? She knows him, and I believe, likes him. This way I can use her camera to see what you guys see.” He offers a small wave when they head off.

[quote=”Jason Long”] He shows Dhaltuun the vegetable and herb garden that was set up and inspects the hanger to see if everything is up to his expectations. Finally, he calls the team in to check out the brewery. Hoping they have a batch ready to taste.[/quote]

Dhaltuun watches his gauntlet monitor as they move around the farm. Using his radio, ”Looks good so far. I will put together a list of things i would like to grow.” As he watches, he tries to find a good spot for a place for an animal pen or bird roost. ”I think i want to build me a cottage where i can dedicate myself to my studies when i am not out killing evil with the Templars. Maybe even learn how to farm or something. Definitely need to find room for my boat. I swear to all the old gods that i will sail the seas in my own hand built ship. Eventually.’ He brightens up as the camera sees the brewery. Hitting the call button again, ”Ye best be bringing me a sample. HA!”

[quote=”Jason Long”]"Well, let me know what you think of the upgrades. I know we don't have the barracks built yet. My intent was for us to use our quarters in the Behemoth until a barracks or dorm can be built. We needed somewhere to store and maintain our equipment first. After seeing how easily some magic can go wrong, I think we should consider building a separate magic lab or ritual site for you magic types to safely practice your arts. Although I wouldn't know the first thing about what you would need. I would like you to put your heads together over the next few days and rough out what you would need. Dhaltuun, would a shrine to your deity help with your magic?"[/quote]

’I have been thinking on that topic and I will draw up some plans for you.” He holds up a finger ”One, Yes a separate place for us finger wigglers would be a good idea. Especially after what happened with Cat.’ He holds up a second finger, ”Two, i would like to request permission to build a small cottage somewhere on the farm. I can put a shrine to Njord there as well.” Dhaltuun grabs his laptop and putting it on his lap, he starts to think of what the farm would need to thrive.


When Rufus shows up, Dhaltuun raises himself to a full sitting position as he accepts the drink. ”Hello, my friend. One second, please.” Dhaltuun closes his computer and casts light healing to help with the pain. ’Magic, better than drugs.” Smiling, he motions for Rufus to sit. ”Wow!! Lets see. To be honest, it felt alot like going to the principal's office back in school. I was told what i was doing was not quite what was asked of me. I am to ask and listen to Jessie as she is to be my guide on this path as well as my protector. I am also directed to convert one non-Templar to Njord. By action or spreading of his word, I must convert at least one person to keep my powers. For this, i need to research Njord as much as i can. Find as many stories or legends as possible. Wanna help/’
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 80&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
  • Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line
Sense Rifts
  • Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.
Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
  • Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details
Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
  • P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)
Familiar Link
  • Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.
Summoning
  • Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
Locked

Return to “Adventure Archives: The Templars”