Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

If supernatural evil feels persecuted, you can bet the Templar are responsible.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 316
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Jason Long »

Perception: 1d100: [43] = 43 / 71%
JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4 / 1d100: [25] = 25

Jason agrees to a time to meet Rufus to view the 'package'. He sits down and takes some time figuring out how much of what materials he will need to make shells for Bonaparte's 105.
Lets see, I'll need about 160 shell casings, GAW can supply ones I can modify. I'll need tungsten rods for the APFSDS and tungsten scrap for the canister. I wonder if a could use scrap silver to make silver canister rounds? Copper and plastique for the HEAT rounds. Same for the MPAT. Plasma is the big question. Of course, smoke rounds should be cheap enough to just buy from GAW. I wonder... Jason calls out to Rufus before he leaves, "Do you know if there is any kind of incense or powder that repels demons or other spirits? If so, I wonder if we can make a smoke round with it?"

Once Jason has his shopping list. He heads into town, stopping at GAW first to buy supplies.

((Demolition--69% / 1d100: [73] = 73 % )) determining charge 105 ammo
((Field Armorer & Munitions Expert 40% / 1d100: [30] = 30 )) determining materials for projectiles
((Chemistry: Analytical 25% / 1d100: [92] = 92 )) working on plasma projectile
((Field Armorer & Munitions Expert 40% / 1d100: [58] = 58 )) working on silver projectile design
Jason Long
OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Grave Digger
Game Master
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:04 pm
Location: AGM: Templar

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Grave Digger »

Team Dinner
Location: Templar Farm, approximately 1 mile from MercTown
Date: March 27, 111 PA, 2:00 PM
Weather: 62°, Clear Skies

Jason: Demolition (Determining charge for 105 mm ammo): Jason has a guestimate, whether he's short or heavy on it he's unsure.
Field Armorer & Munitions Expert (Determining materials for projectiles): The basics are the following; Shell casing, Warhead, Propellant, payload if needed, fuse and primer.
Chemistry: Analytical (Working on plasma projectile.): Seems so much easier in theory, but the math involved is very complex.
Field Armorer & Munitions Expert (Working on silver projectile design): Idea seems simple enough, but one has to consider how much silver is needed to act as payload.


Over the course of the day, the Templar run errands to prepare for their next job. Leo sits back and clears his head, preparing for the long trip ahead. The juicer is nearly indestructible, as seen by everything he has collided with (sometimes literally) in the Dinosaur Swamp, but he is still vulnerable to the pains of the human heart.

Dhatlun starts to do some research on flying and faeries, but nothing comes of his work. After a few hours he gets distracted and wanders back to the kitchen to start cooking. As his assistants start to prepare the evening meal, Dhal realizes they are missing several ingredients and considers going to the market.*

The others hit the markets where they find some valuable items and info. Rufus buys a magazine, and finds the cover interview so fascinating that he pounces on the chance to ask the reporter his own questions. Walker Rainier is happy to provide what info he has, but as he says upfront, "The Emperor is a squirrely guy. He's right now in the middle of 'redefining' his operation, as he likes to put it."

To that point he says that: Lasar's bandits MO is to hit targets on the road and then drive them into abandoned settlements where to then surround and ravage; they will do this to just about anyone they suspect of carrying something of value (they don't care what, if it's worth creds, it's there's); while Lasar's men are as quarrelsome as any group of marauders, grudges can be cleared with money or blood or both; back to the villages, they don't have any set turf, but they feel entitled to any property they collect protection on; that also means that they bounce from town to town over-staying their welcome and then making a point of staying longer.

On the last question, and comment on Leo's family, the Texan Rainer says, "Look poor and mind your own business. Don't tell them a sob story and don't stop to listen to someone's. There's nothing more these guys like than goading a hero. If you want to square up with them, they will come at you with everything they have. But if you are clever and play your hand like a true Texan at hold'em, you might get by fine."

Jason and Murdoc go into their respective stores and place their orders. By mid afternoon, everyone has placed their orders and found their way back to a small anonymous cafe in the heart of Merctown. None of them have ever noticed the place, and in return none of the servers or regulars seem to notice the Templar. They can sit around and chat about their plans in relative comfort.

WHAT DO YOU DO?

* Dhaltun's destination has not been stated, so as of 2:00 pm he has not left the Templar base.
User avatar
Leo
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Leo »

Perception 34% 1d100: [97] = 97

JIC: 1d20: [5] = 5
JIC: 1d100: [45] = 45

Leo awakens early, and takes a walk around the farm before breakfast, re-familiarizing himself with the workigns and needs of a farm. If he sees Jacob, he offers his services for the day as a neophyte handyman/carpenter and as an experienced ox.

At breakfast, Leo takes hearty portions and consumes them with speed and intensity.
Jason wrote:Our cover story will be that Leo got a request to head back to the area to help against bandits.
Murdoc wrote:"Frak man, you should have said something sooner. No matter, when we get back there those bandits won't know what hit'em."
Leo fakes a sad face and folds his meaty paws under his chin. "Well gosh, sir, I reckon we all could use whatevah help we can find" He blinks. and then resumes eating.

As Jason talks about the package size, Leo listens as Rufus replies.
Rufus wrote:Okay, I'll give you a shout over the radio when I'm done at the magazine office and I'll meet you at the locker. Hopefully it's not something as large as a Tri-Tops frozen in ice or anything like that.
He nods. "If it's that big, it might be easier to bring the recipient to it." He chuckles. then looks down at himself. "Oh wait. I can probably move it if I have to."

He listens as the group finishes discussing plans, and then assists Jacob for the day with chores around the farm. This is quite relaxing for the big man, who has to keep busy to avoid getting jittery due to the juicer chemicals in his blood.

He sees, from where he's working, as the others leave singly or on pairs to head into town. Luckily I got my shopping in yesterday... especially 'cause I ain't got much more credits. I ain't real keen on starting this mission without that new railgun, but it is what it is. If I have to use pistol-and-hammer, I can certainly do that...

He mind begins to wander back to his time in the sploog arenas, but he shudders and focuses back on the taska t hand, resuming helping Jacob around the farm.

I'm way outta practice with farmwork. 'Course as the youngest many of these chores were never mine to do, but still. I gotta get my head right and not let my mind wander. That's how accidents happen.
Leo, Titan Juicer
Theme song: Thunderstruck - AC/DC
OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Environmental Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40/40
Right Arm: 35/35
Left Arm: 35/35
Right Leg: 45/45
Left Leg: 45/45
Main Body: 80/80
-5% to -10% movement penalty
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 293
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Dhaltuun Onyxforge »

Perception: 31% / LL1d100[/roll]
JiC d20 | d100: LL1d20[/roll] | LL1d100[/roll]
Initiative: LL1d20+1[/roll]
APM: 6

PPE: 136 at end of post / 136

Conditions:
Speaks in Language: American 117% - LL1d100[/roll]


Skills:



Post -
Dhaltuun pulls up in front of the behemoth. Jumping out, he heads right to the galley. ”Vlad, you wanna go to town? I need someone to help me with shopping and I chose you. So pick a form you like and let's head out.” Dhaltuun looks around the galley as he waits for Vlad to decide on a form. ”I also got some supplies. They should be here in a couple of days.” As soon as Vlad shifts, Dhaltuun uses his gauntlet to start a count down clock. ”If I am right, you have 2 hours before you need to switch back. Clock started, so lets go.” Dhaltuun heads back to his buggy, with a whistle for Vlad, He gets in and starts it. Once Vlad jumps in, Dhal heads for the Uncommon Knowledge book store.


viewtopic.php?f=173&t=5098
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 80&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
  • Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line
Sense Rifts
  • Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.
Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
  • Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details
Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
  • P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)
Familiar Link
  • Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.
Summoning
  • Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1454
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Consumer »

While Leo and Jaccob work, he notices the old man for his age and apparent health, could work circles around someone half his age. The work is actually really easy, mostly just checking on things. During the course of the day several deliveries arrive (All deliveries made; items added to sheets). All in all it's a rather peaceful day at the farm.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Leo
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Leo »

Perception 34% 1d100: [49] = 49

JIC 1d20: [17] = 17
JIC 1d100: [63] = 63

As Leo and Rufus return to the Templar Farm, Leo hops out of the vehicle and puts the crate on his shoulder, carrying into the Hangar structure. For now, he places the crate inside the Behemoth. He then gets on the radio and calls his teammates.

"Templar, this is Leo. Rufus and I have retrieved the package. Rendez-Vous at the farm."

Leo, ever antsy to return to his family's region, begins prepping his gear - including his brand-new railgun, for use, making sure the ammo barrels and clips are loaded or charged, cleaning and oiling - as necessary - all of his gear, and ensuring all other equipment is checked and packed.

Three years - has it really been three years? - since I saw my family. I look NOTHING like I did when I left. I'm about twice the size I used to be... hair gone white... covered in scars the sploogs gave me... will they even recognize me?

He sighs, laying out his gear to check and organize each piece before repacking.

This was not how I wanted to come home. I'd hoped to come home with a windfall, some licensing contracts and endorsement deals from a juicer sports career - enough to detox properly and still provide for the family farm. I'm coming home a... a disgrace. Enslaved by sploog, unable - even with all this juicer enhancement - to defend myself from them, and poorer than I was when I left. And maybe it's even too late to detox, I dunno. I've basically wrecked my... no... I didn't wreck my life. The sploog did that. But choosing to be a Titan Juicer wasn't the best call ever. How'm I gonna explain this to mom? To my brothers and sisters?

He finishes packing his gear back up, and sits heavily on his rack, and waits for the rest of the Templar to return.
Leo, Titan Juicer
Theme song: Thunderstruck - AC/DC
OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Environmental Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40/40
Right Arm: 35/35
Left Arm: 35/35
Right Leg: 45/45
Left Leg: 45/45
Main Body: 80/80
-5% to -10% movement penalty
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 300
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Templar (PC)

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Murdoc »

Perception: 80%: 1d100: [18] = 18
JIC: 1d20: [11] = 11 1d100: [60] = 60


Arriving back at the Farm, Murdoc makes his way back to his bunk and unpacks the three weapons he purchased as well as the magical grenades. Making a little bit of noise he makes his way out of his room and heads over to Leo's. Giving a knock, Murdoc calls out, "You home Leo? Looks like Jason is rethinking taking the Behemoth on the mission. If that's the case we'll need to find a vehicle that'll suit you."

Waiting for Leo to answer, Murdoc furrows his brows in thought, Maybe a larger wheeled vehicle and a few hovercycles. I still like the drone idea I had, maybe I should go take a look at the Naruni store.
Travis Murdoc

OOC Comments
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Leo
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Leo »

(Rolls carried over)
Murdoc wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:27 pm "You home Leo? Looks like Jason is rethinking taking the Behemoth on the mission. If that's the case we'll need to find a vehicle that'll suit you."
Leo stands up and opens his door. "Yeah, I'm here. If he wants to use another vehicle that GAW APC in the hangar is about twice as fast as the Behemoth and can certainly carry all of us, plus the extra fuel we'll need to go the whole way."
OOC Comments
It seats 24 marines and is legit twice as fast as the behemoth. it's got more than enough room for everyone, but we'll need to buy and store diesel fuel for it. Paducah to Lubbock (used as points of reference) is about 930 miles and the APC has a 500 mile range, so a spare tank to get there, and two to get us home, would do it. However, according to https://fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/m113.htm a full tank is about 95 gallons, so that'd be about 2500 lbs. of fuel. Which is doable as it can hold up to 5000 pounds of cargo. A 300 gallon tank is not that expensive in today's money: https://www.ntotank.com/330gallon-nto-w ... u_EALw_wcB It's jsut over 4' on it's longest dimension as well, so it'd easily fit in the APC.
Leo, Titan Juicer
Theme song: Thunderstruck - AC/DC
OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Environmental Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40/40
Right Arm: 35/35
Left Arm: 35/35
Right Leg: 45/45
Left Leg: 45/45
Main Body: 80/80
-5% to -10% movement penalty
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 293
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Dhaltuun Onyxforge »

Perception: 31% / [roll]1d100[/roll]: [21] = 21 [/roll]
JiC d20 | d100: [roll]1d20[/roll]: [17] = 17 [/roll] | [roll]1d100[/roll]: [2] = 2 [/roll]
Initiative: [roll]1d20+1[/roll]: [13]+1 = 14 [/roll]
APM: 6

PPE: 136 at end of post / 136

Conditions:
Speaks in Language: American 117% - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [32] = 32 [/roll]


Skills:
Cooking 74% / [roll]1d100[/roll]: [37] = 37 [/roll] - Texas Pulled Pork
Cooking 74% / [roll]1d100[/roll]: [96] = 96 [/roll] - Smoky Korean BBQ Baked Beans
Cooking 74% / [roll]1d100[/roll]: [39] = 39 [/roll] - Caesar Potato Salad


Post -
Dhaltuun arrives back at the farm in his buggy, with whoever tagged along. Pulling up in front of the Behemoth, He looks at the passenger seat. ” Vlad, buddy? Time to get up, we are home.” With an affectionate rub between the ears, Dhaltuun gets out and unloads his purchases. As he unloads he hears the conversation directed at Leo.
"You home Leo? Looks like Jason is rethinking taking the Behemoth on the mission. If that's the case we'll need to find a vehicle that'll suit you."


He stops working and looks over. ” What? No Behemoth? Where will I cook? I need my galley.” He throws his arms up in mock frustration. ” Should i repack the bug? I can drive that at least.” Dhaltuun turns around and rests his ass against the hood of the buggy. Pulling out his notepad, he starts to make a list of what he may need for this trip, but with adjustments due to taking the buggy instead of his dream galley. ” They are gonna test my skills. Making me cook over a fire, instead of the amazing oven I have in the behemoth? No problem, I got this.”

Looking around, he looks for Jessie. ” Where are you at?” With a shrug, he continues unloading. ” She will turn up. I have faith.” First he puts the new TW toaster oven in the galley by placing it on a counter, but not plugging it in. Then he takes the rest of his stuff into his quarters. Dumping it all on the bed in a jumbled pile, Dhaltuun removes his jacket and Tac belt. Rolling up his sleeves, he proceeds to field strip and clean his weapons.

After finishing with his weapons, Dhaltuun moves on to repacking his gear. ” Marcella, what do you think? Leave the old rifle here and bring the new one? Or keep the old as a backup. I could leave it in the weapon locker on the buggy.” After a moment, he nods. ” That is what I will do.” He piles the WI rifle and the ammo for it on the bed, but off to the side. Moving on, he finishes his repacking.

With a sigh, dhaltuun examines his work. ” What do you say, Marcella? Think we are ready to go? I do too.” He rubs his hands together and heading back to the galley, Dhaltuun plans dinner.

Waiting for a minute outside his room, Dhaltuun whistles for Marcella. As soon as she lands on his shoulder, he starts walking again. ” So I am thinking Texas Pulled Pork, Smoky Korean BBQ Baked Beans, Caesar Potato Salad with beer? Give me a chance to try out my new toys and spices. Sounds good, yea?” As he gets a mental “yes” from Marcella, Dhaltuun gets to the kitchen and starts dinner.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 80&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
  • Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line
Sense Rifts
  • Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.
Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
  • Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details
Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
  • P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)
Familiar Link
  • Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.
Summoning
  • Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 300
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Templar (PC)

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Murdoc »

[rolls held]


Murdoc takes a step back when Leo opens the door and gives a couple of nods, "Yeah, that would hold the cargo and most of our other gear. Put you, Dhaltunn and Jason in that. Rufus and I could be on our hovercycles and we could rotate who's driving what from time to time." He gives his fingers a snap, "Crap, then where would I put my SAMAS? You think it'll fit in the APC?" He looks the big guy up and down, "Are you going to be okay in the APC? I guess you could ride up top some when you get to feel too couped up, and jetpack it some too."

Murdoc, looks over to Dhaltuun, "Its just talk right now, though if we don't talk the Behemoth, I think you'd be better off in the APC. I don't think your buggy would wear too well if we get into a tussle."

Murdoc gives a little chuckle, "Hehe, If we do take the APC, we could weld on some scrap. Make it look like some salvaged hodge podge. Maybe a rubber skirt to hide the treads, some metal tubing and cargo and camo nets up top to obscure the turret. HEHE, if we weren't trying to move fast, we could even put some horses up front to make it look like the mess of a vehicle was being pulled."
Travis Murdoc

OOC Comments
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Leo
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Leo »

(rolls carried over)
Murdoc wrote:"Yeah, that would hold the cargo and most of our other gear. Put you, Dhaltunn and Jason in that. Rufus and I could be on our hovercycles and we could rotate who's driving what from time to time. Crap, then where would I put my SAMAS? You think it'll fit in the APC? Are you going to be okay in the APC? I guess you could ride up top some when you get to feel too couped up, and jetpack it some too."
Leo nods in thought. "You can maybe fit it inside... It carries 5,000 pounds and there's room for 24 individuals or 14 PAs. We're at nowhere near capacity... even with me." He chuckles.

"And yeah, if it starts to get stuffy, I may take a ride topside or even do some jetting. I may even want to camp outdoors at night."

He looks at his gear, which he'd previously cleaned and serviced before repacking for the trip. Crap. I'll need survival gear.

"All I need is to grab a survival pack from Northern Gun, I think."

When Leo has a moment free, he'll run back into town for a NG-S2 Survival Pack, and then return to HQ.
Leo, Titan Juicer
Theme song: Thunderstruck - AC/DC
OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Environmental Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40/40
Right Arm: 35/35
Left Arm: 35/35
Right Leg: 45/45
Left Leg: 45/45
Main Body: 80/80
-5% to -10% movement penalty
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1454
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Consumer »

Prepping for a Delivery

A few days pass as the group waits for some things to finish. All the while the box sits, inert and mysterious.

One day after it's arrival, a box truck arrives with a bounty of foodstuffs, the men from Allen's Foods unload it where told, and are on their way. (Approximately 2000 lbs of food), A few hours later another delivery truck arrives, this one battered and unmarked, but it's contents were expected. A fully repaired and mildly upgraded Violator SAMAS, is deposited in the hanger. Two more deliveries arrive from Stormspire and Northern Gun, with various ordered items

A day later GAW delivers a vehicle that Jason ordered.

Three days later GAW delivers Jason's Bonaparte, fully repaired.

Now the group is bereft of any obligations save the job at hand, deliver the package to Brom Ironsides.

GM Note: You may use the already passed five days to prep for the trip, I will be adding the SAMAS to Murdoc's sheet, and the GAW Ambulance to the Catch-All. All other gear is actually already on your sheets. I'm getting my second Covid vaccine today, so I may not feel good for the next day or two. That being said I will make every effort to get shopping posts done promptly. Next GM post will put you all on the road out of Merctown, prepped or not. ~Consumer
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 293
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Dhaltuun Onyxforge »

Perception: 31% / [roll]1d100[/roll]: [19] = 19 [/roll]
JiC d20 | d100: [roll]1d20[/roll]: [12] = 12 [/roll] | [roll]1d100[/roll]: [54] = 54 [/roll]
Initiative: [roll]1d20+1[/roll]: [6]+1 = 7 [/roll]
APM: 6

PPE: 85 at end of post / 136

Conditions:
Speaks in Language: American 117% -
Sense Magic (4)
Sense evil (2)
Protection Circle: Simple (45)


Skills:
Carpentry 99% - examine the workmanship of the box - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [90] = 90 [/roll]



Post -

A few days pass as the group waits for some things to finish. All the while the box sits, inert and mysterious.

Dhaltuun does his regular routine. Prepare food, study spells books, talk with the others, etc. After spending the first day reorganizing his gear, Dhaltuun takes a look at the box. ” Okay Marcella. Let’s go see if that box can tell us anything.” He heads out to where the box is located.

Dhaltuun walks in and removes his jacket. Rolling up his sleeves, he walks around the box, giving it a visual exam first. First, he will look at the workmanship of the box. ” Hmm, I may be able to tell if the owner is a professional woodworker or an amateur.” After going completely around the box once, Dhaltuun steps back and gives his hands a shake. ” Now for the magic!” He casts sense evil and sense magic on the box. He will then relax and try to interpret what he gets from his castings. After Dhaltuun will make notes on his findings and then finish his personal stuff for the day.

Cook meals
Breakfast - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [87] = 87 [/roll]
Lunch - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [91] = 91 [/roll]
Dinner - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [37] = 37 [/roll]
Study “Fleet Feet” 4 hrs


One day after its arrival, a box truck arrives with a bounty of foodstuffs, the men from Allen's Foods unload it where told, and are on their way. (Approximately 2000 lbs of food),


Dhaltuun will spend the rest of the day putting the foodstuffs away, where they should be. In between restocking EVERYTHING, Dhaltuun will work on meals. In his little downtime, he will try to plan and prepare travel foods for the group. ” Vlad, today we are gonna test the new toaster oven. Help me hook it up.” With a few minutes of grunting and cursing, Dhaltuun figures out the oven. Dhaltuun will make food as usual when not playing with the oven. After the day is done, Dhaltuun will continue reading his spellbook.

Cook meals
Breakfast - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [86] = 86 [/roll]
Lunch - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [66] = 66 [/roll]
Dinner - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [78] = 78 [/roll]
Trail Mix - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [47] = 47 [/roll]
Study “Fleet Feet” 4 hrs




A few hours later another delivery truck arrives, this one battered and unmarked, but its contents were expected. A fully repaired and mildly upgraded Violator SAMAS is deposited in the hanger. Two more deliveries arrive from Stormspire and Northern Gun, with various ordered items

Dhaltuun is spending the day relaxing and reading. Hew looks up and watches as they unload the SAMAS. ”*whistle* That is a pretty machine. I know the basics of combat,but not really piloting. I wonder if Murdoc will teach me how to drive something like that.” He closes his book and stands. With a stern nod at himself, he heads off for a closer look. He will stare, and poke the Violater for about a half-hour before returning to the galley to work. After making the needed food for the day. He ends the day with more reading. ” Put in a full day of study today. I am exhausted.”

Cook meals
Breakfast - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [92] = 92 [/roll]
Lunch - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [27] = 27 [/roll]
Dinner - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [70] = 70 [/roll]
Study “Fleet Feet” 8 hrs




A day later GAW delivers a vehicle that Jason ordered.

Dhaltuun awakens early and makes his team breakfast, then sits down against a tree and continues his studies. When the GAW arrives, Dhaltuun sighs and closes his book. ” Eh Marcella? Just when the reading was getting good.” He heads over and takes a look at the new machine. ” This is what we are doing the mission in? Hmmm, Where can I set up a makeshift kitchen.” Seeing all the room in the GAW, Dhaltuun tries to map out a space for his travel kitchen. ” Ok, so I need my new oven and a coffeemaker, but everything else I can make do without. As long as I have a grill I can feed my team.” Dhaltuun puffs his chest out as he thinks the last part. Planning his kitchen cuts his study time, but dhaltuun still gets in a few hours before bed.

((OOC: thinking the area needed for a suit of PA should be enough for a small kitchenette ))

Cook meals
Breakfast - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [50] = 50 [/roll]
Lunch - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [5] = 5 [/roll]
Dinner - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [23] = 23 [/roll]
Study “Fleet Feet” 4 hrs



Another day of reading. Dhaltuun sets up his study area in the galley of the behemoth. In between reading and making meals, Dhaltuun uses the TW oven to help with dino jerky. He spends the day bouncing between the books and getting the jerky started.

Cook meals
Breakfast - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [30] = 30 [/roll]
Lunch - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [14] = 14 [/roll]
Dinner - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [94] = 94 [/roll]
Dino Jerky - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [14] = 14 [/roll]
Study “Fleet Feet” 6 hrs


Day
Another day of reading and jerky. Dhaltuun returns to his study area in the galley of the behemoth. In between reading and making meals, Dhaltuun uses his time to check the dino jerky. He spends the day bouncing between the books and getting this batch of jerky finished. After setting the jerky to cool, Dhaltuun cleans up and starts again.

Cook meals
Breakfast - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [47] = 47 [/roll]
Lunch - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [94] = 94 [/roll]
Dinner - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [76] = 76 [/roll]
Dino Jerky - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [31] = 31 [/roll]
Study “Fleet Feet” 6 hrs


Day 3 - Three days later GAW delivers Jason's Bonaparte, fully repaired.


Another day of reading and finishing his to-do list. Dhaltuun returns to his study area in the galley of the behemoth. In between reading and making meals, Dhaltuun uses his time to stock a crate for travel. He spends the day bouncing between the books and getting this batch of jerky finished, as well as getting the galley packed for the trip After setting the jerky to cool, Dhaltuun cleans up and starts loading the GAW.

Once he has completed that menial task, Dhaltuun starts to think about the box and the transporting of it. After checking through his new reference library, Dhaltuun decides to tattoo a simple protection spell into a piece of leather. ” After everything I could find, it doesn’t matter what I use to “draw” the circle and it doesn’t matter what I draw it on. So I just need something big enough to cover the box.” Dhaltuun looks around. ” Marcella, any ideas on what I can use?” He continues letting his mind work as he looks aimlessly around.

After a couple of minutes, Marcella flies off with a squawk. ” Where are you going?” Dhaltuun follows her. The trail leads him back to his quarters in the Behemoth. ” Why did you bring me here?” The question hangs unanswered as Marcella lands on a chest in the corner. Dhaltuun’s brow furrows as he walks over ” What are you up to? There is nothing in there except… “ His brows shoot up as the ideas strikes him. ” Dinosaur Skins!! There should be something in there that will work.” He starts digging thru the chest. After a couple of minutes, he pulls out a Tiger Raptor skin about 5 ft by 5 ft. ” This should do nicely. Thank Njord that I tanned these already.”

He spreads the skin out on the bed, leather side up. Dhaltuun then grabs his tattoo kit and sets it up. He steps back and looks at the skin from an artist’s perspective. ’ so I will try to tattoo a simple circle of protection on that. I will use what I know as well as a Samoan design, mix in a few runes for Njord and we can call it done. *rubs hands together* Let’s do this!” Dhaltuun proceeds to set out his ritual items. After taking the necessary time and steps for his ritual, he begins the job.


Cook meals
Breakfast - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [63] = 63 [/roll]
Lunch - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [45] = 45 [/roll]
Dinner - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [81] = 81 [/roll]
Dino Jerky - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [47] = 47 [/roll]
Study “Fleet Feet” 6 hrs
Leatherworking 84% - prep skin for tattooing - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [9] = 9 [/roll]
Lore: Magic - General Knowledge: 74% - use proper symbols - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [52] = 52 [/roll]
Lore: Magic - Recog. Magic Circles, Runes, etc: 64% - use Norse runes - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [70] = 70 [/roll]
Art: Tattoo (Samoan) 64% - draw circle on skin - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [14] = 14 [/roll]
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 80&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
  • Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line
Sense Rifts
  • Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.
Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
  • Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details
Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
  • P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)
Familiar Link
  • Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.
Summoning
  • Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Leo
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Leo »

Perception 34% 1d100: [77] = 77

JIC 1d20: [6] = 6
JIC 1d100: [99] = 99

Day One

Leo is on hand for all deliveries. As a juicer, alertness is his resting state, so when the various delivery trucks arrive, Leo hops up to help offload, organize, and store whatever the deliveries may be.

When Leo sees the first delivery, of food, He'll call Dhaltuun down, and assist in cataloguing the delivery and storing it for the trip. Lots of nonperishable and canned goods... but Dahltuun seems to be able to whip most anything up into a decent meal, and there's plenty of game to be had down south. I'm not much of a hunter myself, but I know the basics, and maybe I can set up some snares when we camp, and check 'em and take 'em down before we hit the road again, to supplement these stores with fresh meat.

He thinks back to his recent hunting experiences and frowns. Maybe. Maybe not.

When the SAMAS arrives, he calls down Murdoc. He assists in offloading it into the Hangar, and admires it like a dude with a brand new toolbench. "Not bad, eh Murdoc? You'll be lightin' them up in this one. Maybe we should personalize it for ya... well... maybe after this job. If the CS stops us and they think you're one of them, that wouldn't be such a bad thing after all."

He'll assist with loading the SAMAS' various weapons, and fitting it appropriately for Murdoc, adjusting the fittings that Murdoc can't until it's a perfect fit.

He grins at Murdoc, once the SAMAS is all fitted, and holds out his fist for a fist bump. "Sky bros?"

He happily goes about his business, wandering the farm and helping Jacob with various chores as requested, admiring the older man's depth of knowledge and skill at running a farm basically single-handedly. When the remaining deliveries for the day arrive, Leo signs for them and hands them to their new owners, putting his own brand-new survival pack with his own gear (after unpacking it, checking all the components, and repacking it, of course).

He takes his meals with the team, and eats, as usual, heartily. When not otherwise occupied, he brushes up on his jetpack drills, practicing some basic maneuvers - banking and rolling, climbing and diving - before moving into more advanced combat maneuvers - dodging/juking, stalling, "wingovers" and the like. I'm really not interested in crashing this thing as often as I did in Dino Swamp.

Day Two

Leo is hauling replacement timbers for the wooden perimeter fence when two vehicles drive up to the gates. He sets them down and goes to meet them, and sees one is a humm-vee with a bunch of modifications. He signs for it, and calls for Jason when he sees the name on the delivery slip.

After he signs, he watches the drivers pile into the other vehicle and leave, leaving the shiny new hummer behind.

Leo examines the hummer. If/When Jason tells him about the titan juicer configuration they've had added to it, Leo grins widely. "Oh, man, that's gonna ROCK." He tries out the seat, and the titan-sized hatch. "Man, I'll bet I can launch my jetpack from here if I have to!" Wouldn't wanna do that too often, though - might damage the suspension. "I can DEFINITELY fire my shiny new railgun from here though."

He grins at Jason. "Thanks, man. This'll get me into action much faster than I could from the Behemoth!"

Leo will again spend an hour or two practicing his jetpack maneuvers, hoping with practice they'll become ingrained into his muscle memory.

Days Three and Four

Leo spends his days packing gear into the new vehicle as needed before resuming helping Jacob around the farm and doing any odd jobs as requested by other Templars, as well as practicing with his jetpack.

On Day 3, Leo will ride into town and purchase fuel for the trip (455 gallons in 9 barrels - cost to the group is 18,380 credits) and arrange for it to be delivered to Templar Farm.

Day Five
On day Five, as Leo is practicing jetpack drills, he sees a flatbed truck coming up the road with the Bonaparte strapped to it. He circles around and back to the hangar, and calls Jason. "Jason! Dude! your tank is back!"

He watches Jason as he offloads the Bonaparte, assisting with unstrapping the vehicle from the flatbed, but letting Jason handle his baby. He's the expert, and he's gonna want to give it the full diagnostic and preflight check and all. Once Jason appears to be done with that, Leo approaches. "Must feel good to have her back, huh? My Dad had an old mech - nothing as cool as Bonaparte - but whenever it was broken down he was always on edge. Would spend days in the garage fixing it up, taking his meals out there and everything." He laughs, "I swear sometimes he'd sleep in the thing."

"So I understand the past few days had to be a little rough on ya. So... Once you get her all checked out... that's it, right? Time to go?" Try as he might, he can't hide his excitement to be gettign back to the part of the world he's from - and where his family (the good lord willing) still is.
Leo, Titan Juicer
Theme song: Thunderstruck - AC/DC
OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Environmental Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40/40
Right Arm: 35/35
Left Arm: 35/35
Right Leg: 45/45
Left Leg: 45/45
Main Body: 80/80
-5% to -10% movement penalty
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar
Contact:

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Rufus »

Perception: 1d100<80: [61*] = 1 :
JIC: 1d20: [1] = 1 : / 1d100: [49] = 49 :

Rufus raises an eyebrow at the rather... pedestrian... look of the package. This is it? This is what we're being hired to transport? Looks like it could have been sent via regular courier and nobody would have batted an eyelash.
Leo wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:44 am"Huh."
Rufus nods. "Yep... guess that's it." He chuckles to himself when Leo asks about any special handling instructions. It'd be our luck this is some sort of shapeshifting something-or-other that actually would take offense to being taunted.
Leo wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:56 am"Let's get this back to base, and then when the others return it'll be ready to go. I... don't guess we have anything like a vault?"
"Not that I know of," Rufus shakes his head. "Some lockable storage on board the Behemoth, perhaps. I think Jason mentioned securing it behind some panels on board if it was small enough, but I doubt he's got any ideas for something that big. Too bad I never learned temporal spells, otherwise I could just conjure up some sort of dimensional closet we could stick it in." He laughs. "Pardon me, Rufus -- is that a crate in your dimensional pocket or are you just happy to see me?" he says out loud to nobody in as feminine a voice as he can muster.

--------------------------------------

When the two of them return and hear the idea of not taking the Behemoth, Rufus isn't all that keen on the idea from a logistics standpoint as in his opinion it'd be better to have a single mother vehicle that can handle all the group's supplies and fuel needs... but when the 'new' vehicle arrives from GAW he shrugs his shoulders. "Po toči zvoniti je prepozno..." he mutters under his breath and spends the next few days packing and making sure everything's ready to go.

((OOC: we'll need to make sure we take the Miniature Fusion Power Plant for recharging energy weapons and electric vehicles such as his hovercycle))
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1454
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Consumer »

End of Prologue
Time and Weather wrote:Location: Templar Farm, approximately 1 mile from MercTown.
Date: April 3, 111 PA, 10:00 AM
Weather: 60°,Clear Skies
Dhaltuun: Carpentry (Examine the workmanship of the box.): Cheap and mass produced, obviously just a storage crate. It’s made of 1x1s and plywood, with a simple label adhered to it.
Sense Magic: Doesn’t come up as magical, but you also have no idea what’s in the crate.
Sense Evil: Doesn’t radiate evil, again no idea what is actually in the crate.


Several days are taken, in preparation for the trip. Food, Fuel, and the crate are packed into and onto the vehicles that have been deemed useful for the trip. The team loads their gear between the two vehicles and plots a general route, hoping to skirt the Coalition States’ territory. All in all it’s not a bad setup. The group sleeps one more night, before gathering in the morning for the trip. Dhaltuun doesn’t even have time to cook breakfast as Jaccob has already made breakfast sandwiches (Canadian Bacon, Eggs, Cheese, on a english muffin) and a few thermoses of coffee for the group. ”Be safe out there, I’ll keep an eye on things here as per our agreement.”

With a rumble the GAW refitted M113 APC comes to life followed by the GAW refitted/modified Humvee. Murdoc suited up in the Violator SAMAS begin to make their way westerly.

Dhaltuun Onyxforge: You never noted if you wanted Vlad to come, but he really doesn’t want to leave the Behemoth as it’s now the home he protects. So only Jessie goes. Marcella has no choice as a familiar.
Jason Long: All the ammo/grenades/explosives you purchased were added to your sheet, money deducted.
Murdoc: All mini-missiles purchased and added to your sheet.


Please Continue Posting Here
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Locked

Return to “Templar Adventure Forum”