The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

If supernatural evil feels persecuted, you can bet the Templar are responsible.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1543
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Consumer »

Road to Redemption: A play in three parts, part one.
Time and Weather wrote:Location: Just north of the Pecos Empire.
Date: April 5, 111 PA, 8:30 PM
Weather: 83°, Clouds forming on the horizon..
Map
Mission Notes
Locations of PCs: APC: Rufus (Pilot), Dhaltuun (Comm), Jessie (Gunner).
Humvee: Jason Long (Pilot), Leo (Gunner), Passengers: Teres.
Violator SAMAS: Murdoc (Pilot).
Road Buster Armored Truck: Quinn (Pilot)
Murdoc: Read Sensory Equipment (Track the incoming contacts): Atmospherics or just tiredness are futzing up Radar.
Pilot: Robots and Power Armor (drive the PA): Still doing fine.
Prowl 110% Strangely stealthy for a guy in a Power Armor
Detect Ambush No change since the last time someone checked.
Tracking: People (to follow any tracks I find): Nothing new discovered.
Quinn: No skills used.
Leo: No skills used.
Teres: No skills used.
Jason: Pilot: Automobile (rigging the humvee for tow): Seems to be rigged right, but without an actual towing set up, it’s temporary and still potentially dangerous.
Demolition--69% (rigging the primary charge on the cable): Seems to be set up.
Demolition--69% (rigging the secondary charge on the cable): Also seems set up and excessive.
Dhaltuun: No skills used.
Rufus: No skills used.


On the great plains, on the way to the Pecos Badlands
Everyone

The team continues to speculate while the refuel is finally finished. An odd plan seems to form and Dhaltuun decides to try and summon help. So Dhaltuun goes around and basically begs for energy to cast his ritual, which Leo, Quinn, Teres all agree to, and Rufus being the overly generous soul he is donates over what is needed leaving Dhaltuun with some left when he finishes.

Jason moves the Humvee behind Quinn’s truck and does his best to link the two together. Not particularly ideal as without solid bars the humvee will not be able to break when the truck does and it’s turning radius is mildly hampered. Jason even goes so far as to wire explosive charges on the wire to make the disconnect quicker.

Murdoc keeps an eye out on the area, but other than some trees blowing in the strong breeze, nothing seems amiss. So a bit over an hour passes.

Dhaltuun manages to open the communication rift free of a ley line. Those sensitive to such things can feel a raw energy about it. Dhaltuun can tell that whatever he’s connected to, the connection is tenuous and he should proceed with some alacrity.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:” To any good beings out there listening. My name is Dhaltuun, I work with a group known as the templars. We are on a mission to deliver something of importance and there is a threat of undead and maybe vampires along the way. I am looking to recruit help with this situation. If there is anyone out there with hatred for bullies or undead, please respond. I would like to contact a Tharsis if I can, but all are welcome to apply.”
A voice rings out, and not a single person in the Templar can not hear it. A voice of perfect clarity and serene beauty. ”I receive your communication, Dhaltuun of the Templar. While I do not abide by undead, I have many other things to do. Are you unable to defend yourself from them? I do not go into servitude lightly, and will not do so for frivolous things. So please tell me more of the situation, and do be truthful as I can see through lies and deceit.” The voice says calmly.

Note: Due to the nature of your summoning restrictions, you will have to convince this being that it’s worth it’s time to come and help. I would advise you to reread the summoning section of the Shifter class, as it has many good notes on what you should do. ~Consumer

What are your Intentions?

Butcher’s Bill
Jason: Armor Main Body: -16 M.D.C.
Rufus: -131 P.P.E.
Dhaltuun: -105 P.P.E., Armor Main Body: -10 M.D.C.
Leo: -3 P.P.E, .Armor Main Body; -104 M.D.C., -40 rounds.
Murdoc: V-SAM Main Body: -40 M.D.C.
Teres: -4 P.P.E., -1 I.S.P.
Quinn: -4 P.P.E., Armor Main Body: -37 M.D.C.
Jessie: Armor: -17 M.D.C.
Note: Vehicle damage/Ammo expenditures will be added to Mission notes..
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Teres Barton »

Perception: 1d100: [96] = 96 / 54%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [20] = 20 | 1d100: [83] = 83

"Now, we just wait till he pulls a giant radioactive lizard out of where?" she asks with a half-grin somewhat curious looking to Rufus and Leo. This sort of in-depth knowledge of the mystical arts was not something she was 100% sure of. The CS units in general were not keen on magic. Even the Psi-Battalion was only interested in how to counter it. she then looked thoughtful out at the horizon for a moment.

In her time outside of the CS, she tended to avoid mages for concern of their overreaction. Not many could see the idea of good people in the Coalition States or in its military. They tended to much like the CS forces not being able to separate the good mages from Federation of Magic and its ilk. Many times governments were evil and their people were not. In war sometimes you were not given the option to save the good. Perhaps one day that might happen.

"Sorry lost in thought for a moment. should we be doing something?" then shrugging looks back to Ruffus and Leo.
Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 62/77
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with overcoat
Legs: +12 with overcoat
Main Body: +28 with overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Right leg Quivers
Front: 4 explosives (2 light, 2 heavy), 1 smoke, 1 Flare
Side: 6 Wooden stake arrows
Left leg Quivers
Front: 4 explosives (2 light, 2 heavy), 1 smoke, 1 Flare
Side: 6 Wooden stake arrows
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 304
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Dhaltuun Onyxforge »

Perception: 31% / 1d100: [69] = 69
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [4] = 4 | 1d100: [58] = 58
Initiative: 1d20+1: [1]+1 = 2
APM: 6

PPE: 136 at end of post / 136

Conditions:
Speaks, Thinks in American 117%
Armour of Ithan (10) MDC: 44/70
Communication Rift - Duration: 6 mins 45 secs

Skills:





Post -
A voice rings out, and not a single person in the Templar can not hear it. A voice of perfect clarity and serene beauty. ”I receive your communication, Dhaltuun of the Templar. While I do not abide by undead, I have many other things to do. Are you unable to defend yourself from them? I do not go into servitude lightly, and will not do so for frivolous things. So please tell me more of the situation, and do be truthful as I can see through lies and deceit.” The voice says calmly.

Dhaltuun tries to hide the shock at the realization that his ritual worked. ” Thank you, great one. I am humbled by this audience. May I ask the name of the one whom I address? *Waits a moment for a name* It is an honour. *bows in respect* The great Njord has blessed me with certain abilities with which to spread good and destroy evil wherever I may find it. *takes a breath to gather thoughts* My friends and I, The Templars, have been asked to escort an item of some importance to someone important. We have been lead to believe that an unknown number and unknown type of undead, maybe some vampires, will be looking to stop us. I have full confidence in the abilities of my fellows and i, but if the enemy numbers are too great, we will be in danger.” He pauses for another moment. ” In the grand scheme of things, we are young. We are willing to do whatever we must to protect the innocent, but we may need help with numbers or experience of any undead or demonic types out there. I am asking for assistance in knowledge as well as combat if necessary. My goal is to make my lord proud and make the Templars a strong force of good.” Dhaltuun stops talking. He bows his head in respective silence as he awaits a response.

”I am not good at this talking thing. I really need to step up my game if i am gonna get enough help to survive to be old.” with a heavy heart, Dhaltuun sits, not moving more than needed to breath.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 80&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
  • Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line
Sense Rifts
  • Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.
Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
  • Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details
Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
  • P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)
Familiar Link
  • Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.
Summoning
  • Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1543
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Consumer »

Mini-Update
Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:” Thank you, great one. I am humbled by this audience. May I ask the name of the one whom I address? *Waits a moment for a name* It is an honour. *bows in respect* The great Njord has blessed me with certain abilities with which to spread good and destroy evil wherever I may find it. *takes a breath to gather thoughts* My friends and I, The Templars, have been asked to escort an item of some importance to someone important. We have been lead to believe that an unknown number and unknown type of undead, maybe some vampires, will be looking to stop us. I have full confidence in the abilities of my fellows and i, but if the enemy numbers are too great, we will be in danger.” He pauses for another moment. ” In the grand scheme of things, we are young. We are willing to do whatever we must to protect the innocent, but we may need help with numbers or experience of any undead or demonic types out there. I am asking for assistance in knowledge as well as combat if necessary. My goal is to make my lord proud and make the Templars a strong force of good.” Dhaltuun stops talking. He bows his head in respective silence as he awaits a response.
The being on the other side of the communication rift is silent for a moment. Than it speaks again in a voice everyone in the area can hear. "My name is unimportant. I know of Njord, but have no dealings with him. I am not interested in trying to make your lord proud, that has nothing to do with me, and I don't have time for vainglory. In fact, I'm surprised you didn't attempt to contact him.

"Regardless, from what you say, you don't actually need help. You just want more power, or am I mistaken? You have provided me little detail. I can't offer help to vagueness. So either you're going to have to tell me more about what is happening or I will withhold any assistance. Now Dhaltuun of the Templars, what do you have to say?" The voice says, finally quieting down.

Dhaltuun is under the impression that whatever he is talking to is busy and wants to conclude this business.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Quinn
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Quinn »

Perception: 1d100: [63] = 63 / 52%
JIC: 1d20: [18] = 18 / 1d100: [8] = 8
Conditions: Multi-Optic Eye (Left, pg. 35, SB5)

Quinn snaps to attention when she hears something about giant radioactive lizards. She looks over at the group before looking back at Dhaltunn. Should I be ready with my med kit? I guess I should have asked beforehand, too late now. Better keep an eye out just in case. Quinn jumps inside her truck and shifts her backpack and large satchel to the passenger seat, making it easier to grab if the need arises. Getting out she walks back towards the group. "We going in slow and smooth or going in fast and hot? Are we just waiting on Mr. Dhaltunn over there to finish his seance? Does anyone know how long it takes? Is this something where I can go and put my feet up or just a cup of joe or something?" Man, a drink would be nice right about now. Wonder if anyone would object to a quick drink before we ride off into the sunset. Maybe keeps my hands steady if shit hits the fan. "Preferably something stronger. Do I remember right that there might be something somewhere around?"
Dr. Quinn

HP: 24/ 24
SDC: 26/ 26
Current Equipment
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
  • Range: 800'
  • Damage: 3D6 M.D.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots only
  • Payload: 14 shots per E-clip, 22 per LE-Clip
    • Current: Short E-Clip: 14/14

NG-A15 Peacekeeper Armor
M.D.C. by Location: (With tactical armor addition)
  • Helmet:50/ 50
  • Arms: 25(50)/25 (50)
  • Legs: 35(55)/ 35 (55)
  • Main Body: 40(85)/ 40 (85)

Modifiers: -5% (-15%) to Physical Skills
User avatar
Leo
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 134
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Leo »

Perception 34% 1d100: [77] = 77

JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9
JIC: 1d100: [19] = 19
Teres wrote:"Now, we just wait till he pulls a giant radioactive lizard out of where?"
Leo nods and smiles. "Yep. That's what Dhal does. He's a summoner... and a right decent cook."
Teres wrote:"Sorry lost in thought for a moment. should we be doing something?"
"Prep for the next battle, maybe. I got some dings in my new armor, so if anyone can do a field-armorer patch job on it while we wait I'd be right grateful."
Quinn wrote:"We going in slow and smooth or going in fast and hot? Are we just waiting on Mr. Dhaltunn over there to finish his seance? Does anyone know how long it takes? Is this something where I can go and put my feet up or just a cup of joe or something? Preferably something stronger. Do I remember right that there might be something somewhere around?"
"If we can get in slow and smooth, that'd be preferable, but, y'know... the situation dictates the response. And I don't think we got anything stronger than coffee. At least, if we do, I'm not aware of it."

Leo watches Dhal work (preferably while someone hammers out the dents in his Juicer armor). Man I can never get over how magic just... works. Like, you can believe hard enough and it just happens. I do not understand that at all.
Leo, Titan Juicer
Theme song: Thunderstruck - AC/DC
OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Environmental Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40/40
Right Arm: 35/35
Left Arm: 35/35
Right Leg: 45/45
Left Leg: 45/45
Main Body: 60/80
-5% to -10% movement penalty
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 322
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Templar (PC)

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Murdoc »

Perception: 80%: 1d100: [90] = 90
JIC: 1d20: [12] = 12 1d100: [98] = 98
Skill Rolls
Read Sensory Equipment 70% 1d100: [92] = 92 (Track the incoming contacts)
Pilot: Robots and Power Armor 74%: 1d100: [89] = 89 (drive the PA)
Prowl 110%: 1d100: [61] = 61
Detect Ambush 85%: 1d100: [18] = 18
Tracking: People 65%: 1d100: [51] = 51 (to follow any tracks I find)

Murdoc gives his head a shake, hoping to rattle his senses awake and possible get his sensor display to show something helpful. Frak, Wacky Joe or whatever his name is, better not have screwed around with the sensors in this thing. He reaches a hand up and knocks on his helmet for good measure.

When the overwhelming voice cascades through the group Murdoc shakes his head again, "Frak, Dhaltuun better not piss whoever that is on the other side off. Something tells me we're gonna have enough to do as is."
Travis Murdoc

OOC Comments
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 304
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Dhaltuun Onyxforge »

b]Perception:[/b] 31% / 1d100: [88] = 88 /
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [13] = 13 | 1d100: [41] = 41
Initiative: 1d20+1: [19]+1 = 20
APM: 6

PPE: 136 at end of post / 136

Conditions:
Speaks, Thinks in American 117%
Armour of Ithan (10) MDC: 44/70
Communication Rift - Duration: 6 mins 45 secs

Skills:





Post -
Dhaltuun tries to think about what to say to the voice. "I don't know what to say. Just give it what I know, I guess." Clearing his throat, Dhaltunn takes a breath to relax and begins.

"Okay. All I really know is this. The Templar were hired to escort a package from Merctown to a small village in the Pecos Badlands. We were hired by a Mr. Marks, who represented one Mr. Ironsides. Along the way, we ran into some CS types as well as some random dirty guy who told us that we had trouble up ahead. That trouble was undead and maybe some vampires or demons. I am asking for help in case of said vampires or demons. I would rather have the big guns and not need them, instead of needing them and not have them." He lets out the last of his breath as he sits back, patiently waiting for a response. "Please don't tell me to go away. Please help, in the name of Njord, I am in need. I want to do this on my own but I'm not strong enough yet."
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 80&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
  • Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line
Sense Rifts
  • Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.
Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
  • Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details
Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
  • P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)
Familiar Link
  • Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.
Summoning
  • Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 278
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar
Contact:

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Rufus »

Perception: 1d100<80: [18*] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [6] = 6 / 1d100: [17] = 17

Conditions:
- ISP: 132/255
Teres Barton wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:35 am"Unless we can bless the water won't help. I am not sure if demons are affected by holy water. so that idea may not even help. If whatever Dhaltuun is pulling out his proverbial hat can bless water and it works on demons and or zombies. we can see what he finds. And I don't think any necromancer would want a vamp around. he can't directly control." she points out the stake arrows, "theses are just in case he does have vamps." she winks.
Rufus nods and pulls out his TW water pistol. "So's this. There's also a spell for conjuring wood; it'd be great for creating a lot of stakes, but I haven't learned it yet..." he looks off towards Dhal. "Maybe he knows it? Or whoever -- or whatever -- he summons might?"
Consumer wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:13 amA voice rings out, and not a single person in the Templar can not hear it. A voice of perfect clarity and serene beauty. ”I receive your communication, Dhaltuun of the Templar. While I do not abide by undead, I have many other things to do. Are you unable to defend yourself from them? I do not go into servitude lightly, and will not do so for frivolous things. So please tell me more of the situation, and do be truthful as I can see through lies and deceit.” The voice says calmly.
Rufus startles a bit when whoever (or whatever) answers Dhaltuun's call. Don't know what I expected, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't that. He listens to the ensuing conversation and shakes his head. This is definitely a hard sell and I'm not sure Dhal's gonna be successful. "Well it's not so much a question of power but knowledge as there's the issue of us knowing that the package is magical but not having the first clue what it is..." he mutters under his breath, "not to mention that for all we know we're heading right into the midst of an army of demons fighting an army of the undead and the package being the key to world-wide destruction for either side. Ampak to ni moja stvar, ya?"
Leo wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:10 am"Prep for the next battle, maybe. I got some dings in my new armor, so if anyone can do a field-armorer patch job on it while we wait I'd be right grateful."
Rufus' ears swivel around in the juicer's direction. "Patch job you say? I'll be happy to take a quick look at it." At least it'll be something to do while Dhal plays 'let's make a deal' over there. He digs out some tools from the vehicles and busies himself on Leo's armor.

Field Armorer & Munitions Expert 1d100<57: [69] = 0
Field Armorer & Munitions Expert 1d100<57: [13*] = 1 2nd attempt if needed
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 339
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Jason Long »

Perception: 71% / 1d100: [19] = 19 %
JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9 / 1d100: [83] = 83

Jason had just gotten in a comfortable position when he hears
Consumer wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:02 am . "My name is unimportant. I know of Njord, but have no dealings with him. I am not interested in trying to make your lord proud, that has nothing to do with me, and I don't have time for vainglory. In fact, I'm surprised you didn't attempt to contact him.

"Regardless, from what you say, you don't actually need help. You just want more power, or am I mistaken? You have provided me little detail. I can't offer help to vagueness. So either you're going to have to tell me more about what is happening or I will withhold any assistance. Now Dhaltuun of the Templars, what do you have to say?" The voice says, finally quieting down.
The voice surprises him immensely. Here was a powerful supernatural being that Dhaltuun was attempting to strike a deal with. Something that Jason had no understanding of. He made a promise to speak with Dhaltuun later about Njord and these spirits. Jason wishes Dhaltuun the best of luck in the negotiation.
Leo wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:10 am "Prep for the next battle, maybe. I got some dings in my new armor, so if anyone can do a field-armorer patch job on it while we wait I'd be right grateful."
Leo's comment breaks Jason's reverie and he starts to head that way when Rufus starts off. Jason nods in their direction and returns to keeping watch, trying not to be distracted by Dhaltuun's conversation.
Jason Long
OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1543
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Consumer »

Road to Redemption: A play in three parts, part one.
Time and Weather wrote:Location: Just north of the Pecos Empire.
Date: April 5, 111 PA, 8:35 PM
Weather: 83°, Clouds forming on the horizon..
Map
Mission Notes
Locations of PCs: APC: Rufus (Pilot), Dhaltuun (Comm), Jessie (Gunner).
Humvee (being towed by the Road Buster): Jason Long (Pilot), Leo (Gunner), Passengers: Teres.
Violator SAMAS: Murdoc (Pilot).
Road Buster Armored Truck: Quinn (Pilot)
Murdoc: No skills used.
Quinn: No skills used.
Leo: No skills used.
Teres: No skills used.
Jason: No skills used.
Dhaltuun: No skills used.
Rufus: Field Armorer & Munitions Expert


The Templar for the most part sit out of the way, some watching Dhaltuun talk into a tiny rip in reality, while others look into their vices. Rufus decides to busy himself by working on Leo’s armor, finding the damage minimal in the sense it’s only structural, and not affecting any underlying systems, no that there are many in the style of suit Leo wears. Rufus does run into a snag though, he doesn’t have anything to actually patch the armor with. Any composite likely would do, but the Templar don’t have any spare plating to sacrifice to the armor.

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:"Okay. All I really know is this. The Templar were hired to escort a package from Merctown to a small village in the Pecos Badlands. We were hired by a Mr. Marks, who represented one Mr. Ironsides. Along the way, we ran into some CS types as well as some random dirty guy who told us that we had trouble up ahead. That trouble was undead and maybe some vampires or demons. I am asking for help in case of said vampires or demons. I would rather have the big guns and not need them, instead of needing them and not have them."
There is a very long pause after Dhaltuun’s final entreaty for help, three whole minutes pass before the Voice can be heard again. It’s sound loud enough that all present can certainly hear it.

”Do you know what my kind are known for Dhaltuun? We are the avenging angels, defenders of those who cannot defend themselves. From your words, you and your Templar sound capable of defending yourselves, so it is unlikely that I will come. I have words of wisdom to pass to you though, a sort of compensation I guess. You need to be more aware of what is going on. To me it sounds like you only know the barest of ideas of what your group is doing or why. Mr. Ironsides who? What is being transported? Why is it being transported? Who you know you’re facing, not a guess. What is the true threat, is it just to you and your Templar? The needs of the many always will outweigh the wants of the few. I would also advise if you have need of counsel to speak to your lord. I will allow you one more response, but then I must go, as I have pressing issues.” The voice says, it sounds heavy with sadness.

What are your Intentions?

Butcher’s Bill
Jason: Armor Main Body: -16 M.D.C.
Rufus: -131 P.P.E.
Dhaltuun: -105 P.P.E., Armor Main Body: -10 M.D.C.
Leo: -3 P.P.E, .Armor Main Body; -104 M.D.C., -40 rounds.
Murdoc: V-SAM Main Body: -40 M.D.C.
Teres: -4 P.P.E., -1 I.S.P.
Quinn: -4 P.P.E., Armor Main Body: -37 M.D.C.
Jessie: Armor: -17 M.D.C.
Note: Vehicle damage/Ammo expenditures will be added to Mission notes..
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 278
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar
Contact:

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Rufus »

Perception: 1d100<80: [28*] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [5] = 5 / 1d100: [4] = 4

Conditions:
- ISP: 132/255
Consumer wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:09 am”Do you know what my kind are known for Dhaltuun? We are the avenging angels, defenders of those who cannot defend themselves. From your words, you and your Templar sound capable of defending yourselves, so it is unlikely that I will come. I have words of wisdom to pass to you though, a sort of compensation I guess. You need to be more aware of what is going on. To me it sounds like you only know the barest of ideas of what your group is doing or why. Mr. Ironsides who? What is being transported? Why is it being transported? Who you know you’re facing, not a guess. What is the true threat, is it just to you and your Templar? The needs of the many always will outweigh the wants of the few. I would also advise if you have need of counsel to speak to your lord. I will allow you one more response, but then I must go, as I have pressing issues.” The voice says, it sounds heavy with sadness.
Rufus' ears prick up at the sound of the voice. His self-confidence seems shaky and he seems to struggle at persuasion. I don't know much about shifters, but I can't imagine them not needing to be strong in both areas. Regardless of how this plays out we may need to help him work on those.

"Hey prijatelj Dhaltuun..." he calls out without looking up from his repair attempts. "How about asking your avenging angel friend if they can at least tell what's in the package itself and what it might be used for? If we could learn even that much it'd help us a lot."
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 304
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Dhaltuun Onyxforge »

Perception: 31% / [roll]1d100[/roll]: [7] = 7 [/roll]
JiC d20 | d100: [roll]1d20[/roll]: [4] = 4 [/roll] | [roll]1d100[/roll]: [77] = 77 [/roll]
Initiative: [roll]1d20+1[/roll]: [5]+1 = 6 [/roll]
APM: 6

PPE: 38 at end of post / 136

Conditions:
Communication Rift - Duration: 1 mins 45 secs - closed end of post

Skills:
N/A

Post -
He hears Rufus as he waits. With a small shrug, Dhaltuun gives it a whirl. ” Many pardons, Great One. I beg a minor service. Can you possibly tell us what is in that box we carry and what it may be used for?” He once again sits and waits. ”This is the hard part for me. I am used to taking food orders, not negotiating. I need to find time to practice my summoning and negotiating skills. Maybe even set up some kind of timeshare thing where I summon them when needed with a monthly or yearly duration.” Dhaltuun makes a mental note to think more on this.


Dhaltuun’s eyes well up a tiny bit as he makes a realization. ” I need to do some serious practice with this summoning magic. This being is right? Who am I to ask it to do anything? I need more experience and power to handle beings like that. I am done being a “baby” caster… Time to “man up” as the kids say.” Wiping his hand across his eyes, He relaxes and speaks in a whisper.

” Great One. I have realized that one such as I may be reaching to levels above my abilities in asking you for assistance. I understand that this may be just a lowly job for you, but for me, it is more. I am young, as dwarves go., And I still learning many aspects of my service to Njord. I will leave you to your business, while I practice and gain more control over my abilities.” He raises his eyes and face to the heavens. In a voice of confidence, yet friendly ” One day, We will work together.” He stands and bows. ” Thank you for your time and wisdom.” He cuts the connection. With a heavy mind and heart, Dhaltuun exits the APC.


Dhaltuun has his coat and utility vest in his arms as he exits. Placing them down, he gets re-kitted. After all is back and secure, he looks around. ”I failed to recruit help. I chose a being to powerful for my amount of skill. I let you all down. Once i have rested, i will try again with something more manageable. Until then, I will get started on a meal as soon as we are good to rest.”
Last edited by Dhaltuun Onyxforge on Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 80&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
  • Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line
Sense Rifts
  • Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.
Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
  • Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details
Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
  • P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)
Familiar Link
  • Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.
Summoning
  • Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Quinn
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Quinn »

Perception: 1d100: [4] = 4 / 52%
JIC: 1d20: [7] = 7 / 1d100: [41] = 41
Conditions: Multi-Optic Eye (Left, pg. 35, SB5)

Ugh! I hate this waiting around, shit. Always so boring. I really wish I had a drink right about now. At least then we could pass the time a little better. We don't even know what we're up against and now we're contacting random entities?! I'm sure there's a better use of our time. Not going to make waves, so I guess it's a sit and wait game for now. Quinn does her best to keep herself occupied. Making small talk with the rest of the group. "Any idea if this venture of Dhaltunn's is going to work?"
Dr. Quinn

HP: 24/ 24
SDC: 26/ 26
Current Equipment
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
  • Range: 800'
  • Damage: 3D6 M.D.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots only
  • Payload: 14 shots per E-clip, 22 per LE-Clip
    • Current: Short E-Clip: 14/14

NG-A15 Peacekeeper Armor
M.D.C. by Location: (With tactical armor addition)
  • Helmet:50/ 50
  • Arms: 25(50)/25 (50)
  • Legs: 35(55)/ 35 (55)
  • Main Body: 40(85)/ 40 (85)

Modifiers: -5% (-15%) to Physical Skills
User avatar
Leo
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 134
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Leo »

Perception 34% 1d100: [98] = 98

JIC: 1d20: [5] = 5
JIC: 1d100: [13] = 13

Leo watches as Rufus checks out his armor, and begins putting the damaged armor back on with dismay when he realizes there's nothing to patch it with.

Gotta remember to grab the armor off the next dead CS guy we leave behind. Even if it's just to cannibalize for spare MD material.

Leo doesn't voice that morbid thought, though.
Dhaltuun wrote:”I failed to recruit help. I chose a being to powerful for my amount of skill. I let you all down. Once i have rested, i will try again with something more manageable. Until then, I will get started on a meal as soon as we are good to rest.”
Leo smiles. "Let us down? Nonsense. You tried. We'll get the job done - and we'll do it 'cause each of us is out here tryin' their hardest. You're no exception."

When the group is ready to leave, Leo mounts up again, locking his railgun back into the ring mount on the Hummvee - at least for now. As they depart, he resumes watch on the horizon, ahead, behind, and to the sides.

Detect Ambush 50% 1d100: [73] = 73

The sooner we're rid of this crate and whatever mystical maguffin is inside, and collect our pay, the sooner we can try to head off to see my family.
Leo, Titan Juicer
Theme song: Thunderstruck - AC/DC
OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Environmental Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40/40
Right Arm: 35/35
Left Arm: 35/35
Right Leg: 45/45
Left Leg: 45/45
Main Body: 60/80
-5% to -10% movement penalty
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Teres Barton »

Perception: 1d100: [4] = 4 / 54%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [14] = 14 | 1d100: [59] = 59

"Leo's right, you made the attempt. We will do what we must." she adds looking to Dhal, then to Leo and Jason "So do we have a specific goal here? get past defenders or fight them? if we are fighting we should try to draw them into a place we can use terrain to our advantage and limit the number of attackers that can get to us." she adds.

Jason and Leo seemed the leader and XO spots on this team. Teres was military trained and not your typical 'hippy' Psi druid out on some pointless crusade to keep the world safe. Man and technology were a part of that natural world. she did not consider humans to be above or below other animals. It was this insipid idea some druidic types clung to that made her glad the CS and her parents' heritage took hold. Though her dad was a bit put off by the girl's instance to master the bow.
Quinn wrote:"Any idea if this venture of Dhaltunn's is going to work?"
"Doc, you look bored. I would suggest you might start prepping medical gear and first aid kits before the battle. place them in various vehicles where we can all access them. Just in case one vehicle gets shot up and we all the medical supplies. if you need help let me know. As for our resident summoner...he will do his best. Though I can see any entity not taking too much pity on us mere mortals. We tend to get left to our own fates, Like any of the other animal life on the planet it is up to us to survive. As a cybernetics expert and being knowledgeable in biology you surely know that. more so than most." the Psi-druid answer politle and
Ruffuf wrote:"Hey prijatelj Dhaltuun..." he calls out without looking up from his repair attempts. "How about asking your avenging angel friend if they can at least tell what's in the package itself and what it might be used for? If we could learn even that much it'd help us a lot."
"Not a bad thought. Knowledge is power...Say anyone off-hand know if the undead can be killed by lightning bolts? not sure about this bow I found in a mysterious bunker, to be honest. I don't even have a name for it. the labels and placards were long gone when I got there." she took out the bow tesla bow shrugs and puts it on her pack. She did not know if it could damage the dead but better to keep it around for the living allies of the enemy. She also put a second quiver at her waist and loads it with the remaining arrows.
Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 62/77
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with overcoat
Legs: +12 with overcoat
Main Body: +28 with overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Right leg Quivers
Front: 4 explosives (2 light, 2 heavy), 1 smoke, 1 Flare
Side: 6 Wooden stake arrows
Left leg Quivers
Front: 4 explosives (2 light, 2 heavy), 1 smoke, 1 Flare
Side: 6 Wooden stake arrows
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
User avatar
Quinn
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Quinn »

(ROLLS CARRIED OVER)
Teres Barton wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:08 am "Doc, you look bored. I would suggest you might start prepping medical gear and first aid kits before the battle. place them in various vehicles where we can all access them. Just in case one vehicle gets shot up and we all the medical supplies. if you need help let me know. As for our resident summoner...he will do his best. Though I can see any entity not taking too much pity on us mere mortals. We tend to get left to our own fates, Like any of the other animal life on the planet it is up to us to survive. As a cybernetics expert and being knowledgeable in biology you surely know that. more so than most." the Psi-druid answer politle and
"I'm a doctor not a philosopher or poet. I usually keep out of those debates. My biological studies were more orientated towards the anatomy of humans than anything else. Most of my knowledge is geared to my cybernetic works but I am versed in other areas, too. As for being bored I am usually inundated with medical patents to have a lot of down time. I am a bit surprised that this group came out into the wild and have no medical supplies. I don't think I have enough to out fit all three vehicles but it is a good idea not to have all our eggs in one basket, so to speak. Do you guys have a list of all your supplies? Does anyone have any medical skills beyond basic first aid?" Whether or not Quinn gets a list of medical supplies, she will try and split the supplies up as best she can between all three vehicles. Prioritizing based on the vehicle's passengers medical abilities.
Dr. Quinn

HP: 24/ 24
SDC: 26/ 26
Current Equipment
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
  • Range: 800'
  • Damage: 3D6 M.D.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots only
  • Payload: 14 shots per E-clip, 22 per LE-Clip
    • Current: Short E-Clip: 14/14

NG-A15 Peacekeeper Armor
M.D.C. by Location: (With tactical armor addition)
  • Helmet:50/ 50
  • Arms: 25(50)/25 (50)
  • Legs: 35(55)/ 35 (55)
  • Main Body: 40(85)/ 40 (85)

Modifiers: -5% (-15%) to Physical Skills
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Teres Barton »

I'm a doctor not a philosopher or poet. I usually keep out of those debates. My biological studies were more orientated towards the anatomy of humans than anything else. Most of my knowledge is geared to my cybernetic works but I am versed in other areas, too. As for being bored I am usually inundated with medical patents to have a lot of down time. I am a bit surprised that this group came out into the wild and have no medical supplies. I don't think I have enough to out fit all three vehicles but it is a good idea not to have all our eggs in one basket, so to speak.
"Fair enough, I have a lot of time alone in the wild to think about that sort of thing. I suspect they have some medical supplies, but they did not plan on us showing up." she smiles back, "and boredom is overrated. you aren't missing much." she shrugs as she checked her gear.
Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 62/77
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with overcoat
Legs: +12 with overcoat
Main Body: +28 with overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Right leg Quivers
Front: 4 explosives (2 light, 2 heavy), 1 smoke, 1 Flare
Side: 6 Wooden stake arrows
Left leg Quivers
Front: 4 explosives (2 light, 2 heavy), 1 smoke, 1 Flare
Side: 6 Wooden stake arrows
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 339
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Jason Long »

Perception: 71% / 1d100: [65] = 65
JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4 / 1d100: [74] = 74

As Dhaltuun finishes his summoning attempt, Jason walks over to him.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:37 pm . After all is back and secure, he looks around. ”I failed to recruit help. I chose a being to powerful for my amount of skill. I let you all down. Once i have rested, i will try again with something more manageable. Until then, I will get started on a meal as soon as we are good to rest.”
"Don't worry about it. We all have off days. I am impressed that you were able to contact something that strong. I have zero ability and was able to hear him. " Jason calls the rest of the team over.

"Ok, people, it's going on 9 and it looks like we are in for a storm, in more ways than one. There are storm clouds building and somewhere up ahead are our employer's rivals. Teres, can you tell how severe that storm will be and if it will hit us here?" Jason looks at the oncoming clouds, considering options. "If it is going to be a strong storm, my personal preference is to bunker down and wait for it to blow over. I don't like the idea of battling a storm AND potential enemies. If we wait until morning, I want a heavy watch tonight. At least 3 on watch at all times. "
Jason Long
OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 322
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Templar (PC)

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Murdoc »

Perception: 80%: 1d100: [3] = 3
JIC: 1d20: [10] = 10 1d100: [79] = 79
Skill Rolls
Read Sensory Equipment 70% 1d100: [26] = 26 (Track the incoming contacts)
Pilot: Robots and Power Armor 74%: 1d100: [62] = 62 (drive the PA)
Prowl 110%: 1d100: [78] = 78
Detect Ambush 85%: 1d100: [18] = 18
Tracking: People 65%: 1d100: [48] = 48 (to follow any tracks I find)

Murdoc grins as the group waits for Dhaltuun to complete his mystic mojo thing. Then the Juicer turned Headhunter says, "Don't worry doc. If things get to hairy, I'll keep an eye out for you. After all, without having Thirsty Pete here, you're all I have to patch me up." He gives a little chuckle over the radio and continues, "If we're getting this caravan moving, I'll push out ahead and see if I can find out what we're up against."

With that, Murdoc heads out in advance of the main part of their group to scout the way. More freaking undead? Frak, reminds me of that first job I had with the Roughnecks. At least I'm not locked in a metal box with some idiot hill billies trying to drowned me.
Travis Murdoc

OOC Comments
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1543
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Consumer »

Road to Redemption: A play in three parts, part one.
Time and Weather wrote:Location: Just north of the Pecos Empire.
Date: April 6, 111 PA, 7:35 AM (11 hours have passed)
Weather: 56°, An odd storm holds on the horizon.
Map
Mission Notes
Locations of PCs: APC: Rufus (Pilot), Dhaltuun (Comm), Jessie (Gunner).
Humvee (being towed by the Road Buster): Jason Long (Pilot), Leo (Gunner), Passengers: Teres.
Violator SAMAS: Murdoc (Pilot).
Road Buster Armored Truck: Quinn (Pilot)
Murdoc: Read Sensory Equipment (Track the incoming contacts): Nasty looking storm on the edge of range, other than that clear.
Pilot: Robots and Power Armor (drive the PA): No issues.
Prowl Surprisingly stealthy for a Power Armor
Quinn: No skills used.
Leo: Detect Ambush
Teres: No skills used.
Jason: No skills used.
Dhaltuun: No skills used.
Rufus: No skills used.
Magic users; assuming 8 hours of meditation, means Rufus: +120 P.P.E. and Dhaltuun: +80 P.P.E.; Both of which are noted in the Butcher’s Bill.

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:” Many pardons, Great One. I beg a minor service. Can you possibly tell us what is in that box we carry and what it may be used for?”
The voice rings out. ”I am no oracle, I have no idea what is in the box. I would assume if it is warded, then whatever it is, is very dangerous. As to what it would be used for, I also have no idea, not without more information. I’m sorry Dhaltuun.” The voice says politely.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:” Great One. I have realized that one such as I may be reaching to levels above my abilities in asking you for assistance. I understand that this may be just a lowly job for you, but for me, it is more. I am young, as dwarves go., And I still learning many aspects of my service to Njord. I will leave you to your business, while I practice and gain more control over my abilities.” He raises his eyes and face to the heavens. In a voice of confidence, yet friendly ” One day, We will work together... Thank you for your time and wisdom.”
If the Tharsis had a reply it’s cut short as Dhaltuun cancels the communication rift.

Meanwhile the group keeps watch and talks. Teres gives Quinn an idea, and she goes with it, questioning if anyone else has medical experience. Only Murdoc and eventually Dhaltuun come forth with medical skills (I checked and found it funny). Jason asks Teres to divine the weather ahead, while making plans for watches.

Dhaltuun’s conversation over, evidenced by the lack of ethereal talking, Dhaltuun leaves the comfort of the APC and begins to apologize for his personally perceived failure.

The storm seems to continue on the horizon, and doesn’t seem to be progressing or dying out. The Templar decide to make camp for the night, Dhaltuun making a quick dinner from the supplies, and watches being assigned so the spell casters can rest and regain energy.

The night goes by uneventfully, and the morning crests the eastern horizon. The group can still see the brewing storm on the horizon, same as it appeared last night. Another breakfast by Dhaltuun, and the group is ready to move out if need be.

What are your Intentions?

Butcher’s Bill
Jason: Armor Main Body: -16 M.D.C.
Rufus: -11 P.P.E.
Dhaltuun: -25 P.P.E., Armor Main Body: -10 M.D.C.
Leo: Armor Main Body; -104 M.D.C., -40 rounds.
Murdoc: V-SAM Main Body: -40 M.D.C.
Teres:
Quinn: Armor Main Body: -37 M.D.C.
Jessie: Armor: -17 M.D.C.
Note: Vehicle damage/Ammo expenditures will be added to Mission notes..
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Quinn
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Quinn »

Perception: 1d100: [8] = 8 / 52%
JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20 / 1d100: [59] = 59
Conditions: Multi-Optic Eye (Left, pg. 35, SB5)

While packing up the supplies after breakfast Quinn stops and stares at the horizon. Watching the impending storm. She walks back over to the group. "So, is it me or does that storm still seem to be in the same place as it was last night? Is that type of thing normal or even possible?" If it hasn't moved, I don't think that's a good sign. Probably means it's not natural?! "Better finish packing up and move out before that storm decides to move whenever." Quinn resumes finishing the packing of the supplies. Once she finishes, she gathers back up with the rest of the group. "We're taking it slow and steady, when we move out, right? I'm good to go whenever everyone else is." After Quinn get the official plan, she gets in her truck. Starting up the engine and begins to roll out.
Skill Rolls
Pilot: Truck 60% - 1d100: [69] = 69 - Drive the truck with the humvee in tow
Dr. Quinn

HP: 24/ 24
SDC: 26/ 26
Current Equipment
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
  • Range: 800'
  • Damage: 3D6 M.D.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots only
  • Payload: 14 shots per E-clip, 22 per LE-Clip
    • Current: Short E-Clip: 14/14

NG-A15 Peacekeeper Armor
M.D.C. by Location: (With tactical armor addition)
  • Helmet:50/ 50
  • Arms: 25(50)/25 (50)
  • Legs: 35(55)/ 35 (55)
  • Main Body: 40(85)/ 40 (85)

Modifiers: -5% (-15%) to Physical Skills
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Teres Barton »

Perception: 1d100: [91] = 91 / 54%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [18] = 18 | 1d100: [41] = 41

Weather sense:
6d6: [6, 4, 6, 1, 4, 6] = 27 /6D6+24 hours in advance.
Base Skill: 1d100: [82] = 82 /70% per level of experience.
I.S.P. Cost: 3, and requires 1D4 minutes of meditation.
Consumer wrote:The Storm seems unnatural, but other than that Teres has never heard of anything like it.

"Weather check I can do. That storm does seem pretty determined to stay in one spot, Quinn" she pondered on whether the storm was natural or just odd. Might help to learn just incase. finding a nice spot on a vehicle she sits and focuses, "and if anyone wishes to check that bow feel free to. Some of you might be curious." she grins then refocuses. As she wonders about weather the scene changed to a series of colors like a paint pallet. much like Storm read weather as painting or collections of colors if an artist painted modern weather radar. It was a surreal experience that she could not show others and fully explain to most.
Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 62/77
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with overcoat
Legs: +12 with overcoat
Main Body: +28 with overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Right leg Quivers
Front: 4 explosives (2 light, 2 heavy), 1 smoke, 1 Flare
Side: 6 Wooden stake arrows
Left leg Quivers
Front: 4 explosives (2 light, 2 heavy), 1 smoke, 1 Flare
Side: 6 Wooden stake arrows
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 278
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar
Contact:

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Rufus »

Perception: 1d100<80: [61*] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20 / 1d100: [71] = 71
Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:37 pmDhaltuun has his coat and utility vest in his arms as he exits. Placing them down, he gets re-kitted. After all is back and secure, he looks around. ”I failed to recruit help. I chose a being to powerful for my amount of skill. I let you all down. Once i have rested, i will try again with something more manageable. Until then, I will get started on a meal as soon as we are good to rest.”
Leo wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:17 am"Let us down? Nonsense. You tried. We'll get the job done - and we'll do it 'cause each of us is out here tryin' their hardest. You're no exception."
Teres Barton wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:08 am"Leo's right, you made the attempt. We will do what we must."
Jason Long wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:46 pm"Don't worry about it. We all have off days. I am impressed that you were able to contact something that strong. I have zero ability and was able to hear him. "
Rufus stands up from where he's been working on Leo's armor and wipes his hands off with a rag as he walks over to Dhaltuun. "They're right, you know... Pogrešaš vsak posnetek, ki ga ne narediš, prijatelj..." he pats Dhal on the shoulder. "You miss every shot you don't take. It's something my father always said when he was trying to teach me the bow. Not every arrow's going to hit the target, but if you let that stop you from taking a shot you'll never bring down the big game." He shrugs. "Maybe not the best analogy, but the point is you took your shot and you've done nothing to let us down. Get some rest tonight and take another shot tomorrow."
Teres Barton wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:08 am"Say anyone off-hand know if the undead can be killed by lightning bolts? not sure about this bow I found in a mysterious bunker, to be honest. I don't even have a name for it. the labels and placards were long gone when I got there."
Rufus raises an eyebrow. Now that is a nice fancy bow. Oče would drool just looking at it. "Depends on the type of undead, I guess. I don't think it'd hurt a vampire but would definitely put a dent in some other monster's hide. May I?" He holds out his hand.

If Teres lets him see it he'll closely inspect it -- visually, olfactorily, and magically and report what he can tell when he hands it back to her.
Rufus Scan -- ACTIVATE!
Lore: Demons & Monsters 1d100<82: [68*] = 1 (what kinds of undead/monsters/demons are susceptible to lightning and what kinds aren't?)
Mythology 1d100<62: [78] = 0 (same, just from a mythological aspect)
Lore: Magic/General Knowledge: 1d100<77: [2*] = 1 (what kinds of magic could be good against undead)
Lore: Magic/Recog. Magic Circles, Runes, etc: 1d100<67: [62*] = 1 (Are there runes and stuff on it? If so, what do they mean?)
Lore: Magic/Recognize Enchantment 1d100<58: [9*] = 1 (is it enchanted?)
Field Armorer & Munitions Expert 1d100<57 (what kind of weapon construction could this be?)
Sense Magic in Use: Up to 700’ (213.4 m) away. (in case the bow's magical)
See Magic Energy. Range: 1,000' (305 m) (also in case the bow's magical)
Recognize common/known smells: 1d100<73: [74] = 0 (Can he identify the scent of any components?)
Jason Long wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:46 pm"Ok, people, it's going on 9 and it looks like we are in for a storm, in more ways than one. There are storm clouds building and somewhere up ahead are our employer's rivals. Teres, can you tell how severe that storm will be and if it will hit us here?" Jason looks at the oncoming clouds, considering options. "If it is going to be a strong storm, my personal preference is to bunker down and wait for it to blow over. I don't like the idea of battling a storm AND potential enemies. If we wait until morning, I want a heavy watch tonight. At least 3 on watch at all times. "
Rufus nods. "Sounds dangerously like a plan, boss. We'd have enough to deal with driving at night without a storm adding to the challenge. I can conjure up shelters if the storm blows this way and can last from now until..." he does some quick math in his head. "About 4am? They're not huge but if I cast them on top of the vehicles they'll help at least a little bit."

He'll help set up the quick camp and will cast Sustain on himself and anyone else standing guard who wants it. When he's not standing watch or sleeping (only needs 2 hours) he'll be meditating inside the APC to recover his lost PPE.

-------------------------------------------
Quinn wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:10 amWhile packing up the supplies after breakfast Quinn stops and stares at the horizon. Watching the impending storm. She walks back over to the group. "So, is it me or does that storm still seem to be in the same place as it was last night? Is that type of thing normal or even possible?" If it hasn't moved, I don't think that's a good sign. Probably means it's not natural?! "Better finish packing up and move out before that storm decides to move whenever." Quinn resumes finishing the packing of the supplies. Once she finishes, she gathers back up with the rest of the group. "We're taking it slow and steady, when we move out, right? I'm good to go whenever everyone else is."
Teres Barton wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:41 pm"Weather check I can do. That storm does seem pretty determined to stay in one spot, Quinn"
Rufus looks off in the direction of the storm as he's helping pack everything up and nods grimly. "Yes it does, and no it's definitely not normal..." And knowing our luck, we're gonna have to go right through it. He checks his maps. "What are our navigational options, folks? Can we drive around it without running the risk of more Coalition entanglements?" He casts Quinn a side glance. "And I doubt we'd want to go too fast towing a vehicle... though we might not have the luxury of 'want' at this point."
User avatar
Leo
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 134
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Leo »

Perception 34% 1d100: [90] = 90

JIC: 1d20: [3] = 3
JIC: 1d100: [64] = 64

Leo sleeps light, and not for long: Four hours is typically all the juicer needs, aqnd if need be he can go days without sleeping at all. Racking down in the open like this, with the threat of undead still fresh and a storm on the air does not make for a gentle night of sleep, but the big man stands his watch and gets his sleep.

He is, after all, accustomed to sleeping in unsafe circumstances.

In the morning, he eats a hearty portion of breakfast. As conversation turns to what damages undead, Leo tries to wrack his brain to see if he remembers hearing anything about that, from his days fighting in Splugorth arenas.

Seems I might remember something about that... the Sploogs threw everything at us they could, if they thought it'd be fun to watch

Lore: Demons & Monsters 45% 1d100: [31] = 31 (SUCCESS)

As the group makes ready to depart, Leo clips his railgun back to the ring mount, and takes his place at the back of the Hummvee, watching the horizon as they drive for any potential threats.

Detect Ambush 50% 1d100: [72] = 72 (FAIL)

"All right... Let's keep our eyes peeled. We got a storm rolling in, and undead up ahead, and that's a bad combo, sure enough. They like the dark."
Leo, Titan Juicer
Theme song: Thunderstruck - AC/DC
OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Environmental Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40/40
Right Arm: 35/35
Left Arm: 35/35
Right Leg: 45/45
Left Leg: 45/45
Main Body: 60/80
-5% to -10% movement penalty
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Teres Barton »

Prior to Weather check:
Rufuf wrote:Rufus raises an eyebrow. Now that is a nice fancy bow. Oče would drool just looking at it. "Depends on the type of undead, I guess. I don't think it'd hurt a vampire but would definitely put a dent in some other monster's hide. May I?" He holds out his hand.
"Have at it. It is pretty intuitive in aim so be careful if try a few shots." she offers as prior to the weather check.

Post weather check:
Normal storms showed as a flowing pattern this one was not.it was decidedly something all its own. She could not see why but it was clearly not supposed to be that way. The Psi-Druid examined a bit to see what it looked like to her and its effects to better spot this sort of thing in the future. It was likely with this group she would see this sort of thing more.

"That storm is definitely something that should not be there and Something I have not yet seen," she says once out of the trance. Looking at the storm with interest and wonders if the storm was a mortal or other source controlling it. She had guesses, but nothing to support any of them or direct experience with storms like this.
Last edited by Teres Barton on Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 62/77
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with overcoat
Legs: +12 with overcoat
Main Body: +28 with overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Right leg Quivers
Front: 4 explosives (2 light, 2 heavy), 1 smoke, 1 Flare
Side: 6 Wooden stake arrows
Left leg Quivers
Front: 4 explosives (2 light, 2 heavy), 1 smoke, 1 Flare
Side: 6 Wooden stake arrows
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 304
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Dhaltuun Onyxforge »

Perception: 31% / [roll]1d100[/roll]: [92] = 92 [/roll]
JiC d20 | d100: [roll]1d20[/roll]: [3] = 3 [/roll]| [roll]1d100[/roll]: [88] = 88 [/roll]
Initiative: [roll]1d20+1[/roll]: [5]+1 = 6
APM: 6

PPE: 136 at end of post / 136

Conditions:




Skills:





Post -
Dhaltuun tries to not let the emotions show on his face as the others offer thier support. ”They all supplied energy for that waste of time. Although i do take blame for aiming to high.I will stay in my lane, so to speak.” Feeling a little better knowing how the other fel, Dhaltuun dives into cooking dinner. ”I will admit it is nice toi be a part of something close to family.’ As this thought goes thru his mind, Dhaltuun realizes he hasnt talked to Vlad in a few days.

Dhaltuun decides to go look for Jason. Seeing him getting ready for a briefing, Dhaltuun waits till Jason is done his big speech. Hearing Murdoc’s talk of scouting, Dhaltuun says ” Marcella will go with you. Extra eyes and other senses necer hurt when scouting.” Taking a moment, ”Marcella, Go with our friend, Murdoc. Follow his power armor and help scouting. Report if needed.” Walking over to Jason, ”Excuse me, Boss. I am missing my friend, Vlad. I am gonna see if i can reach him back at the farm. Anything you need from there? If list is long enough, i may be able to open a portal for some of us to go thru and then return, but i need some time to recharge. I am spent from typing to recruit help.” He will wait for an answer before saying his goodbyes and returning to his “camp” and getting a little studying (4 hrs) of his new spell, Fleet Feet in before bed.
Dice rolls
[roll]1d20[/roll]: [7] = 7
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 80&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
  • Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line
Sense Rifts
  • Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.
Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
  • Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details
Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
  • P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)
Familiar Link
  • Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.
Summoning
  • Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 339
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Jason Long »

Perception: 71% / 1d100: [61] = 61
JIC: 1d20: [12] = 12 / 1d100: [5] = 5
Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:04 pm ”Excuse me, Boss. I am missing my friend, Vlad. I am gonna see if i can reach him back at the farm. Anything you need from there? If list is long enough, i may be able to open a portal for some of us to go thru and then return, but i need some time to recharge. I am spent from typing to recruit help.” He will wait for an answer before saying his goodbyes and returning to his “camp” and getting a little studying (4 hrs) of his new spell, Fleet Feet in before bed.
"I can't think of anything that would help short notice. Do what you need to and get some rest, tomorrow will probably be a busy day." Jason replies to Dhaltuun's request.

Jason wakes to see the storm in the same location. So much for it being natural and going to blow over... After breakfast, Jason pulls out the map to go over the route with the others.

"Ok, the storm isn't moving and we can't keep sitting here. We have three choices. First, we can just head straight into the storm and see what they have planned for us. Second, we can skirt it to the east, which will bring us close to a CS outpost. Third, we can skirt it to the west towards Los Alamo.
"
Jason pauses to light a cigar and give the others a moment to think. "Frankly, east is out. We have had a couple run-ins with CS already on this trip. If they are communicating with that outpost, they have a good idea of our capabilities. They may even want payback. West is Los Alamo. They have a rep for being unfriendly towards non-humans, but not actually hostile. Also, we have not pissed them off yet. That may be our safest bet. Juicers are held in high regard there if we need to dash for the safety of town." Jason nods to Leo and Travis. "Finally, heading straight in. They know who we are and what our mission is. They have information on our package and employer that we could use. They also seem to have a way of tracking the package or us. I don't think we can avoid them indefinitely."

Jason takes a long pull on his cigar and blow is out slowly. "I think we should roll in to meet those people in front of us. The storm will force any conflict to be at relatively close range. Visibility will be poor, but the short range comes with some advantages. Those of us with powerful melee weapons will have less distance to close. Also, doesn't the running water weaken vampires? If we do need to fallback, we can head towards Los Alamo and their defenses." Jason looks around at the others, "One thing I want to make clear. If we do head into the storm and meet these people, be polite and respectful. I don't care how hard you have to swallow your pride or bite your tongues. If they will talk, we need to keep them talking. We need information from them. We need to know what this package is and what our employer wants to do with it. We can't get that information if we start off insulting them. We may even learn that we are on the wrong side and need to take down our employer. If we do go forward and start talking, those of you with the capability, record everything. If we need to confront our employer or explain why we went back on a contract, we will need documentation. Questions? Comments?"

Jason waits to hear from the others. If they agree, once everyone is ready, they will head towards the storm.
Jason Long
OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1543
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Consumer »

Road to Redemption: A play in three parts, part one.
Time and Weather wrote:Location: In an unassuming flatland, just inside the Pecos Empire.
Date: April 6, 111 PA, 10:35 AM (3 hours have passed)
Weather: 66°, An odd storm holds on the horizon.
Map
Mission Notes
Locations of PCs: APC: Rufus (Pilot), Dhaltuun (Comm), Jessie (Gunner).
Humvee (being towed by the Road Buster): Jason Long (Pilot), Leo (Gunner), Passengers: Teres.
Violator SAMAS: Murdoc (Pilot).
Road Buster Armored Truck: Quinn (Pilot)
Murdoc: No skills used.
Quinn: Pilot: Truck (Drive the truck with the humvee in tow)
Leo: Lore: Demons & Monsters (What damages undead?): Most common things that damage normal creatures, though some have invulnerabilities. (Note: Not the best skill for undead, Lore: Undead would work better)
Detect Ambush
Teres: No skills used.
Jason: No skills used.
Dhaltuun: No skills used.
Rufus: Lore: Demons & Monsters (what kinds of undead/monsters/demons are susceptible to lightning and what kinds aren't?) This question is real vague. Most undead and other creatures are susceptible to electricity, with likely only a few exceptions, like vampires and maybe incorporeal ones. (You didn’t pass by enough for me to go digging through 300 books to find out which ones aren’t)
Mythology (same, just from a mythological aspect): Thor is likely not susceptible to lighting.
Lore: Magic/General Knowledge (what kinds of magic could be good against undead): Most combat magic.
Lore: Magic/Recog. Magic Circles, Runes, etc (Are there runes and stuff on it? If so, what do they mean?): Yes, they’re your typical enchantment runes seen on many enchanted items.
Lore: Magic/Recognize Enchantment (is it enchanted?): Very much seems to be.
Field Armorer & Munitions Expert (Used Just in Case) (what kind of weapon construction could this be?): Looks like a longbow.
Sense Magic in Use: Yep, definitely noticeable when in use.
Recognize common/known smells (Can he identify the scent of any components?): Breakfast burrito?, maybe hot sauce, definitely chili powder.
Rory:



The group rested and fed, looking to their next task. Jason pours over the maps, while Rufus tests out Teres bow. Jason asks for the group's opinion, but doesn’t get any real input, so moving straight ahead is decided.
Quinn has a bit of difficulty at first getting used to towing a vehicle behind them, while Jason tries his hardest not to crash into the rear of the combat truck. Rufus seems to have no issues driving along. The miles are eaten up over relatively flat ground, passing the remains of ancient towns, where only a few skeletal structures remain. The storm looms ahead, getting larger as the group gets nearer to their rendezvous point.

About three hours later they are very near the spot, and can see a pair of figures standing in the open, the signs of a broken down camp obvious. As the group gets closer, they see a man in tattered robes, a round shield strapped across his back with what appears to be a war axe of some kind. The other figure is a short woman wearing armored robes. Dhaltuun immediately recognizes that she’s of dwarven stock.

When the group gets close enough, the man speaks out loudly enough to be heard. ”Greetings Templar, I’m glad to see you’ve made it. I am Brom Ironsides, please come, we have much to discuss…” He pauses looking to the sky. ”And precious little time.”

What are your Intentions?

Butcher’s Bill
Jason: Armor Main Body: -16 M.D.C.
Rufus: -11 P.P.E.
Dhaltuun: -25 P.P.E., Armor Main Body: -10 M.D.C.
Leo: Armor Main Body; -104 M.D.C., -40 rounds.
Murdoc: V-SAM Main Body: -40 M.D.C.
Teres:
Quinn: Armor Main Body: -37 M.D.C.
Jessie: Armor: -17 M.D.C.
Rory: Energy Sphere: 300/300 P.P.E.; Duration: 11.5 days.
Note: Vehicle damage/Ammo expenditures will be added to Mission notes..
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Teres Barton »

Perception: 1d100: [85] = 85 / 54%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [14] = 14 | 1d100: [12] = 12

Activates the following:
See the Invisible (4)
Sense Dimensional Anomaly (4)
Presence Sense (4)

"It seems we are on a bit of s tight schedule as well. perhaps you could start? " she asks in a polite, professional, and non-aggressive tone. and while you are at it describe the package you were expecting hopefully? just so we know you are the guy we are here to deliver to. It's nothing personal. I would just hate to give it to the wrong party. she thinks to herself opening her senses to spot for surprises. Teres did notice the ax and wonder about it. Perhaps magical or of alien origin? regardless it was not even a thought to try and mug him for a number of reasons. the chief one being that was no way to build a good rep. Besides, it was probably like Thor's hammer and you needed to be worthy or have some other weird requirement like being a frog.
Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 62/77
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with overcoat
Legs: +12 with overcoat
Main Body: +28 with overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Right leg Quivers
Front: 4 explosives (2 light, 2 heavy), 1 smoke, 1 Flare
Side: 6 Wooden stake arrows
Left leg Quivers
Front: 4 explosives (2 light, 2 heavy), 1 smoke, 1 Flare
Side: 6 Wooden stake arrows
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 322
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Templar (PC)

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Murdoc »

Perception: 80%: 1d100: [89] = 89
JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19 1d100: [82] = 82
Skill Rolls
Read Sensory Equipment 70% 1d100: [57] = 57 (Track the incoming contacts)
Pilot: Robots and Power Armor 74%: 1d100: [79] = 79 (drive the PA)
Prowl 110%: 1d100: [59] = 59
Detect Ambush 85%: 1d100: [95] = 95
Tracking: People 65%: 1d100: [51] = 51 (to follow any tracks I find)
As Murdoc scouts the way, he clicks on his comms, "That messenger was likely just trying to make us uneasy about handing over the package to Brom. As for who Crimnor Harsk and Fritigern Bone-Caster are I have no idea. The mention of demons and undead doesn't make me think of vampires. Just the flashbacks of a mass of animated body parts the size of a deadball staduim." Murdoc shivers in the PA, Frak, I'll never forget that drek. And you'll be hard pressed to find me without any grenades close at hand.

When they come upon the two standing in the remains of the camp, Murdoc sets the V-SAM down just ahead of the group and walks closer to them, scanning the area and ready to blast back up into the air. "Well met Mr Ironsides. I'm Murdoc. Looks like we should get to where ever it is we're going before this storm hits."
Last edited by Murdoc on Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Travis Murdoc

OOC Comments
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Leo
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 134
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Leo »

Perception 34% 1d100: [36] = 36

JIC: 1d20: [11] = 11
JIC: 1d100: [85] = 85

Leo loads up in the vehicles as they make the last push toward the storm to meet the client.
Murdoc wrote:"That messenger was likely just trying to make us uneasy about handing over the package to Brom. As for who Crimnor Harsk and Fritigern Bone-Caster are I have no idea. The mention of demons and undead doesn't make me think of vampires. Just the flashbacks of a mass of animated body parts the size of a deadball staduim."
"Yeah, I got that same sense. That dude just didn't seem on the up-and-up. But I guess we'll see when we meet up with Ironsides."

He keeps a wary eye out on the horizons as they travel, but three hours later they approach a campsite with a man and a shorter person standing, apparently waiting.

Wonder which one is Brom? he thinks idly as they approach. When they arrive, and the engine cuts, he hops down off the Hummvee and hefts his hammer onto his shoulder.
Brom wrote:”Greetings Templar, I’m glad to see you’ve made it. I am Brom Ironsides, please come, we have much to discuss… And precious little time.”
Leo looks to Jason, the leader of the Templar, to discuss the details, but he keeps his eye on the storm rapidly approaching.

"I guess we should mention we're probably expecting company. Fritigern Bone-Caster sent an agent to meet us on the way. Tried to get us to hand over your package. Said he'd be here... supposedly with a 'host of undead and demons'. So let's not get too cozy. Your camp don't look that defensible."

Leo looks for any outcroppings or other natural formations that might be a better spot for a pitched battle than the middle fo a field.
Last edited by Leo on Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leo, Titan Juicer
Theme song: Thunderstruck - AC/DC
OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Environmental Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40/40
Right Arm: 35/35
Left Arm: 35/35
Right Leg: 45/45
Left Leg: 45/45
Main Body: 60/80
-5% to -10% movement penalty
User avatar
Rory
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:35 am

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Rory »

Perception: 1d100: 1d100: [31] = 31 / 21%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [19] = 19 | 1d100: [42] = 42

The short figure looks sideways at Brom, and raises an eyebrow before turning to face Leo. Keep up the front. I'm competent. I'm professional. I've done this all before. I am certainly not scared shitless. I eat undead for breakfast, and demons for lunch. Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit, we're all gonna die!

"A host of undead and demons? Oh, goody. Words can't express just how much I'm looking forward ta that." Her tone is just a tad sarcastic.

She is wearing robes and armor with a weird, almost insectoid helmet and has a musket slung diagonally over her back. It's almost as tall as she is. An axe hangs by her side and a basketball sized ball of blue light floats just behind her shoulder, level with her head.
She points a finger at Brom.

"If he says time is short, he ain't kidding."

She looks at Leo and Murdoc then at the vehicles. Not bad equipment. Hopefully they can handle themselves in a fight. Hope they're on our side. A host of undead and demons? How do I end up in these situations?

"He's the boss. I'm the hired help. My job is to check the package that I assume you've brought, and make sure it's all hunky-dory. For everything else, refer to Brom."

Rory
Status
-Current Hit Points: 39/39
-Current SDC: 25/25
-Current PPE: 140/140

Armor: High Magus armor
Helmet: 45
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 30 each
Main Body: 50

Weapons:
Slung over back: Nuhr rune musket rifle
Range: 1,600'
Damage: 6D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 50 blasts
Weight: 8.5 lbs.
Features: Costs 40 P.P.E. to reload
Modifiers: P.S. <26: -3 to strike

Utility belt: Vibro-axe
Range: Close Combat
Damage: 2D6 M.D.
Payload: 1 E-Clip will last approximately 1 hour
Weight: 4 lbs

Energy sphere: 300PPE
Last edited by Rory on Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 339
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Jason Long »

Perception: 71% / 1d100: [24] = 24
JIC: 1d20: [1] = 1 / 1d100: [85] = 85
Consumer wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:07 am When the group gets close enough, the man speaks out loudly enough to be heard. ”Greetings Templar, I’m glad to see you’ve made it. I am Brom Ironsides, please come, we have much to discuss…” He pauses looking to the sky. ”And precious little time.”
Jason pockets the detonator for the explosives on the package, dismounts from the Humvee and walks over to Ironsides. "Good morning, sir. I am Jason Long, leader of the Templar. You are correct, we have much to discuss. But first, would you mind repeating what was in the sealed letter we received? As a way of identifying yourself as the one who hired us." Jason pauses, considering his words. "You should know that we were accosted by a messenger who said he represented Crimnor Harsk for a Fritigern Bone-Caster. They know of the package and our assignment to deliver it to you. The messenger also spoke of a host of undead and demons awaiting us. I doubt that they would know the details of a letter written and sealed by you, however. "
Jason Long
OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 304
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Dhaltuun Onyxforge »

Perception: 31% / [roll]1d100[/roll]: [94] = 94 [/roll]
JiC d20 | d100: [roll]1d20[/roll]: [13] = 13 [/roll] | [roll]1d100[/roll]: [57] = 57 [/roll]
Initiative: [roll]1d20+1[/roll]: [2]+1 = 3 [/roll]
APM: 6

PPE: 94 at end of post / 136

Conditions:




Skills:
N/A


Post -
Dhaltuun awakens in the morning, in a bright mood. After dressing, he leaves his sleeping area and heads for his camp galley. ” Not too bad. Dhaltuun, you are amazing. You put together a pretty good cooking area. *Looks around campsite* Even in this “lovely” spot. Now let’s see if I can whip up a decent breakfast.” Rolling his sleeves up, he prepares breakfast for the team.

After cleaning once everyone has eaten, he puts his galley away. He then starts his day. Stroking Marcella as he walks around the campsite, ” Ok my girl. We need to plan our future. First, I need a bath or Rufus. Then we talk to Jessie, finally, check on the team.” Smiling he heads off in search of the team.

The first person he finds is Rufus. ’ Morning cousin, may I request a cleanse for me bird and me?” Smiling, he adds ” Please let me know what I can do in return. Maybe a special treat or meal?” He waits patiently for an answer before heading off in search of Jessie. Whether he casts it or not, Dhaltuun adds ” Thank you, my friend.”

After finding Jessie, ” Good Morning my friend. I am sorry for not being around more, I have been lost in my own thoughts. I am trying to be better than I am. That is no excuse for ignoring one such as you. *Bows head in respect* I will keep learning and improving myself, but I may need help along the way. As my number 1 advisor, I need you around. Although I realized we never made an agreement on how long you want to stay in my service. Also, your input on others to add to our entourage would be helpful. Lastly, if you need or want anything, feel free to speak up.” With a smile and loving pat on the shoulder, he lets her answer.

Just then he hears the call to load up. I will talk to the rest of the team later.” Dhaltuun then gives a whistle and heads for his spot in the APC. he waits for a moment or two for Marcella to land on his arm before entering. As he enters, he catches the storm in his sight. ” Wierd storm.”



About three hours later they are very near the spot and can see a pair of figures standing in the open, the signs of a broken down camp obviously. As the group gets closer, they see a man in tattered robes, a round shield strapped across his back with what appears to be a war axe of some kind. The other figure is a short woman wearing armoured robes. Dhaltuun immediately recognizes that she’s of dwarven stock.

When the group gets close enough, the man speaks out loudly enough to be heard. ”Greetings Templar, I’m glad to see you’ve made it. I am Brom Ironsides, please come, we have much to discuss…” He pauses looking to the sky. ”And precious little time.


While they drive, Dhaltuun turns and asks Rufus ” Do you think the Apc’s radio would reach the farm from here??” I miss Vlad and want to check-in.” Regardless of the answer, Dhaltuun will keep an ear on the comms while he uses his laptop to look over his recipes. ” I wonder how the marinating Dino meat is doing?? I still need to stop by that lady’s place in /char when the meat is ready. That reminds me…. I need to hunt soon.” He looks up at the others ” Think we can find time to hunt a dino or two? I want to try a couple of recipes.”

When the figures are sighted, Dhaltuun puts his laptop away and prepares himself for whatever may happen. First, he makes sure his usual loadout is secure and ready, He leaves his pack but grabs his new rifle and climbs up and settles in the turret nest. He leans his rifle against his shoulder and watches the figures. With his free hand, he casts Sense Evil and Sense Magic as they approach.

Seeing the short one is a dwarf, Dhaltuun smiles. ”Hello Cousin. Dhaltuun of Clan Onyxforge.” He just nods at the other figure. ”I wonder what she is doing out here, not the place to find a dwarf??”
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 80&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
  • Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line
Sense Rifts
  • Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.
Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
  • Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details
Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
  • P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)
Familiar Link
  • Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.
Summoning
  • Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Quinn
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Quinn »

Perception: 1d100: [75] = 75 / 52%
JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4 / 1d100: [15] = 15
Conditions: Multi-Optic Eye (Left, pg. 35, SB5)

Quinn remains silent and observant the whole time while the others introduce themselves. She stands close to her tuck, while still trying to be within a close proximity to still be able to hear. Leaving the door open, to allow for some cover or a quick get away. She keeps her hands resting on her utility Belt, close to her pistol. I'll let the boys do the talking. The more I stay out of the limelight, the more I can do my work. If given the chance Quinn tries to put her two cents in. "Hey, might I suggest that we take this indoors before the storm hits. I don't like getting wet. Quinn chuckles a little.
Dr. Quinn

HP: 24/ 24
SDC: 26/ 26
Current Equipment
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
  • Range: 800'
  • Damage: 3D6 M.D.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots only
  • Payload: 14 shots per E-clip, 22 per LE-Clip
    • Current: Short E-Clip: 14/14

NG-A15 Peacekeeper Armor
M.D.C. by Location: (With tactical armor addition)
  • Helmet:50/ 50
  • Arms: 25(50)/25 (50)
  • Legs: 35(55)/ 35 (55)
  • Main Body: 40(85)/ 40 (85)

Modifiers: -5% (-15%) to Physical Skills
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1543
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Consumer »

Road to Redemption: A play in three parts, part one.
Time and Weather wrote:Location: In an unassuming flatland, just inside the Pecos Empire.
Date: April 6, 111 PA, 10:40 AM (5 minutes has passed)
Weather: 66°, Ley Line Storm is beginning.
Map
Mission Notes
Locations of PCs: APC: Rufus (Pilot), Dhaltuun (Comm), Jessie (Gunner).
Humvee (being towed by the Road Buster): Jason Long (Pilot), Leo (Gunner), Passengers: Teres.
Violator SAMAS: Murdoc (Pilot).
Road Buster Armored Truck: Quinn (Pilot)
Murdoc: No skills used.
Quinn: No skills used.
Leo: No skills used.
Teres: See the Invisible: For the range that it has (240’ because of the nearby ley line) Teres doesn’t notice anything invisible.
Sense Dimensional Anomaly: Ley Line storm is brewing, Nothing else shows up in the enhanced range of 200’.
Presence Sense: Area of effect: 240’, 2 presences come up as small creatures of magic near with this sense, Teres senses 10 individuals in the area.
Jason: No skills used.
Dhaltuun: Sense Evil: Area of Effect: 180’; Nothing sensed.
Sense Magic: Area of Effect: 240’; Magic Near.
Rufus: No skills used.
Rory: No skills used.



Teres concentrates for a few moments to expand her senses before being the first to speak up. ”It seems we are on a bit of a tight schedule as well. Perhaps you could start?” which gets a quizzical look from Brom. ”Did you bring the crate or not? We don’t have time for grandstanding or whatever it is you’re doing?”

Murdoc speaks up next after radioing the team his thoughts. "Well met Mr Ironsides. I'm Murdoc. Looks like we should get to where ever it is we're going before this storm hits."

Brom nods. ”We’re here already, and the storm is going to happen no matter what we do.” Brom says, seemingly trying to wrap his brain around the Templar’s behavior.

Leo adds some information to the conversation. "I guess we should mention we're probably expecting company. Fritigern Bone-Caster sent an agent to meet us on the way. Tried to get us to hand over your package. Said he'd be here... supposedly with a 'host of undead and demons'. So let's not get too cozy. Your camp don't look that defensible."

Brom nods, now seeming to be able to wrap his brain around some missing information. ”You likely ran into Crimnor Harsk, or one of his clones more specifically. A silver tongued individual with a penchant for mayhem. Oh I am certain we will be dealing with undead and demons, soon enough. Likely waiting for the last minute. My camp was never meant to be defensible, it was just two tents and a fire pit.” Brom replies as the sky begins to take tones of yellow-green slashed with blue arcs of lightning.

Leo doesn’t see much in the open land of the area, there are some rocks about a half mile north of the group's current location, but other than that the whole area is dusty plains.

The dwarf near Brom speaks up. "A host of undead and demons? Oh, goody. Words can't express just how much I'm looking forward ta that." Her tone is just a tad sarcastic.

Before continuing. "If he says time is short, he ain't kidding… He's the boss. I'm the hired help. My job is to check the package that I assume you've brought, and make sure it's all hunky-dory. For everything else, refer to Brom." She says.

Jason finally joins in on the conversation. "Good morning, sir. I am Jason Long, leader of the Templar. You are correct, we have much to discuss. But first, would you mind repeating what was in the sealed letter we received? As a way of identifying yourself as the one who hired us." Jason pauses, considering his words. "You should know that we were accosted by a messenger who said he represented Crimnor Harsk for a Fritigern Bone-Caster. They know of the package and our assignment to deliver it to you. The messenger also spoke of a host of undead and demons awaiting us. I doubt that they would know the details of a letter written and sealed by you, however. "

Brom shakes his head. ”Pleasure and I wish it was under better circumstances. Repeat what was in the letter. Ugh… please bring the package here, it is part of a villain's dark ritual and I would like to stop his machinations, or something like that. My mind isn’t what it used to be when I was a young man.” Brom says, looking like he genuinely is trying to remember something he wrote a while ago.

”I’m not surprised the Fritigern knows, I had mercenaries steal the package before he could get it. Oh I think you underestimate some of the folks involved in this, I have no doubt he could have found out what was in the letter. Seeing as I relayed it to the folks at MercOps through a courier.” Brom says.

Dhaltuun meanwhile asks Rufus some questions that seem out of place in the current situation, before actively casting a few spells in plain sight of everyone involved. Before addressing Rory. ”Hello Cousin. Dhaltuun of Clan Onyxforge.”

Quinn from near her truck. "Hey, might I suggest that we take this indoors before the storm hits. I don't like getting wet.

Brom shakes his head and looks around, clearly he’s thinking of something and it doesn’t sit well with him. ”We have…” Brom stops and looks to the sky for a moment. ”less than ten minutes before the Fade Town of Sanctuary appears, where I intend to put the cursed object. The Fade town will only be in our reality for about ten minutes, before vanishing again for a hundred years. Rory here.” Brom gestures to the female dwarf next to him. ”Is here to check the wards on the package that are keeping the Entity Stone from releasing any entities to the area. While I can’t time out Fritigern’s plans, I will assume in the next ten to fifteen minutes we will be beset by a host of undead and conjured demons, his means are great and cruel, he will likely be accompanied by the blood magus Crimnor Harsk or one or many of his clones. My task to you Templar is to stall them so they can’t get the package, before the Fade Town vanishes. This is my plan laid bare. So do you have the package or not? Because time is of the essence now.” Brom says, his words are punctuated by multiple lighting strikes and the wind picking up to a brisk fifty mile an hour gust. The first drops of rain begin to strike the earth like meteors. The Templar can see this storm will be horrible.

What are your Intentions?

Butcher’s Bill
Jason: Armor Main Body: -16 M.D.C.
Rufus: -11 P.P.E.
Dhaltuun: -31 P.P.E., Armor Main Body: -10 M.D.C.
Leo: Armor Main Body; -104 M.D.C., -40 rounds.
Murdoc: V-SAM Main Body: -40 M.D.C.
Teres: -12 I.S.P.
Quinn: Armor Main Body: -37 M.D.C.
Jessie: Armor: -17 M.D.C.
Rory: Energy Sphere: 300/300 P.P.E.; Duration: 11.5 days.
Note: Vehicle damage/Ammo expenditures will be added to Mission notes..
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Leo
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 134
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Leo »

Perception 34% 1d100: [12] = 12

JIC: 1d20: [10] = 10
JIC: 1d100: [7] = 7
Rory wrote:"A host of undead and demons? Oh, goody. Words can't express just how much I'm looking forward ta that."
Leo smiles down at the woman. "You and me both, sister."
Rory wrote:"He's the boss. I'm the hired help. My job is to check the package that I assume you've brought, and make sure it's all hunky-dory. For everything else, refer to Brom."
Brom wrote:”Did you bring the crate or not? We don’t have time for grandstanding or whatever it is you’re doing?”
Leo nods. Jerking a thumb over his shoulder at the vehicles, he says "It's secured in there. When we realized it might be... contested... we took a precautionary measure, and wired the box with explosives."
Brom wrote:”We have… less than ten minutes before the Fade Town of Sanctuary appears, where I intend to put the cursed object. The Fade town will only be in our reality for about ten minutes, before vanishing again for a hundred years. Rory here.” Brom gestures to the female dwarf next to him. ”Is here to check the wards on the package that are keeping the Entity Stone from releasing any entities to the area. While I can’t time out Fritigern’s plans, I will assume in the next ten to fifteen minutes we will be beset by a host of undead and conjured demons, his means are great and cruel, he will likely be accompanied by the blood magus Crimnor Harsk or one or many of his clones. My task to you Templar is to stall them so they can’t get the package, before the Fade Town vanishes. This is my plan laid bare. So do you have the package or not? Because time is of the essence now.”
Leo shoulders his hammer. "Sure. Defend the town while you put the cursed relic in a corner for a time out."

And here I am with a million questions and no time to get answers.

He looks to Jason. "I say we give it to him. If he tries anything... untoward... we'll just have to take care of it."
Leo, Titan Juicer
Theme song: Thunderstruck - AC/DC
OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Environmental Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40/40
Right Arm: 35/35
Left Arm: 35/35
Right Leg: 45/45
Left Leg: 45/45
Main Body: 60/80
-5% to -10% movement penalty
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Teres Barton »

Perception: 1d100: [81] = 81 / 54%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [19] = 19 | 1d100: [72] = 72

Abilities:
See the Invisible (active: 4 minutes): For the range that it has (240’ because of the nearby ley line) Teres doesn’t notice anything invisible.
Sense Dimensional Anomaly (Active 4 minutes): Ley Line storm is brewing, Nothing else shows up in the enhanced range of 200’.
Presence Sense: Area of effect (active: 8 minutes): 240’, 2 presences come up as small creatures of magic near with this sense, Teres senses 10 individuals in the area.
Leo wrote:Leo shoulders his hammer. "Sure. Defend the town while you put the cursed relic in a corner for a time out."
"I am picking up a pair of small magical creatures within or at 50ft and a Ley line storm brewing." looking to Brom and Rory, "Do either of you have magical pets or familiars? Do familiars read as magical? I can't say I have ever thought about that." she asks sealing up her armor and equipping her Tesla bow. Looking for spots a small magical creature might hide. It could also be the Fade town being picked up.
Leo wrote:He looks to Jason. "I say we give it to him. If he tries anything... untoward... we'll just have to take care of it."
"Brom, you do have a sound plan. guessing we will be back here in 100 years to guard the artifact. or is this ritual a one-time deal?"the woman asked still keeping watch.
Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 62/77
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with overcoat
Legs: +12 with overcoat
Main Body: +28 with overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Right leg Quivers
Front: 4 explosives (2 light, 2 heavy), 1 smoke, 1 Flare
Side: 6 Wooden stake arrows
Left leg Quivers
Front: 4 explosives (2 light, 2 heavy), 1 smoke, 1 Flare
Side: 6 Wooden stake arrows
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 278
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar
Contact:

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Rufus »

Perception: 1d100<80: [91] = 0
JIC: 1d20: [18] = 18 / 1d100: [16] = 16
Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:30 amThe first person he finds is Rufus. ’ Morning cousin, may I request a cleanse for me bird and me?” Smiling, he adds ” Please let me know what I can do in return. Maybe a special treat or meal?” He waits patiently for an answer before heading off in search of Jessie. Whether he casts it or not, Dhaltuun adds ” Thank you, my friend.”
Rufus nods and chuckles. "Of course, moji prijatelji. If you and your feathered friend would just hold still for a moment..." he adds as he lays hands on both of them and casts a cleansing spell. "There, all nice and clean -- and you don't even need to towel off," he adds with a laugh.

Once everything's loaded back up and the group is ready to move out, Rufus slides into the driver's seat of the APC. I'd still like to get this magicked up to where it could float on water or maybe fly. I'm starting to enjoy driving it. Not as much as my hovercycle, of course, but still...
Leo wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:59 am
Murdoc wrote:"That messenger was likely just trying to make us uneasy about handing over the package to Brom. As for who Crimnor Harsk and Fritigern Bone-Caster are I have no idea. The mention of demons and undead doesn't make me think of vampires. Just the flashbacks of a mass of animated body parts the size of a deadball staduim."
"Yeah, I got that same sense. That dude just didn't seem on the up-and-up. But I guess we'll see when we meet up with Ironsides."
"Agreed..." Rufus chimes in. "But I tend to not trust necromancers as a matter of general principle. It's that whole 'stink of death' thing that never truly washes out no matter how many times you try to scrub or spell yourself clean. All the same, though, it's best we keep an eye out when we get to our destination just in case he's right."
Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:30 amWhile they drive, Dhaltuun turns and asks Rufus ” Do you think the Apc’s radio would reach the farm from here? I miss Vlad and want to check-in.”
Rufus thinks a moment and shakes his head. "I doubt it, but you're welcome to try. If you do manage to get hold of the farm though I'd recommend not mentioning anything about where we are or what's happened while we've been gone just in case someone unfriendly might be listening in."
Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:30 amHe looks up at the others ” Think we can find time to hunt a dino or two? I want to try a couple of recipes.”
"On the way back, maybe. With any luck we won't be the ones hunted as much then..." he adds with a chuckle.

---------------------------

He pulls up to a stop in front of the tiny camp and pulls down his magical goggles over his eyes. Best to make sure we're not in for any avoidable surprises... again... he muses to himself as he channels enough arcane energy into them to activate their abilities. He pops the hatch and climbs up enough to see and be seen. He nods and introduces himself briefly but lets the others do most of the talking while he listens and does his usual scanning/sniffing routine.

"Lep dan obema..." Rufus says with a nod and a smile. "Good day to you both. It is good to finally meet you in person. I am Rufus -- magical, technical, and personal hygiene support."

Massive Skill/Ability Check Dump
Charm/Impress: 1d100<40: [63] = 0 %
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100<25: [93] = 0 %

Magical Goggles -- 15 mins remaining
- See Aura -- 100' range
- Eyes of the Wolf -- Nightvision 60'; See the invisible; Identify Plants/Fruits; Identify Tracks; Track; Recognize Poison
- See the Invisible -- 200'
- Detect Concealment -- 30' area

1d100<60: [24*] = 1 % to track blood scent up to 1,000’/305 m away
1d100<73: [88] = 0 % to recognize common/known smells
1d100<50: [88] = 0 % to recognize the scent of others up to 50’/15.2 m away

Keen hearing -- equal to a Dog Boy's

Sense Ley Line: 70 miles (112.7 km). Can follow the feeling to the location of the ley line. 1d100<67: [12*] = 1 %
Sense Ley Line Nexus: Can follow ley line to as many nexus points as it may have. 1d100<77: [6*] = 1 %
Sense a Rift: Anywhere within 110 miles (177 km) of him.
Sense Magic in Use: Up to 700’ (213.4 m) away.
See Magic Energy. Range: 1,000' (305 m)
Leo wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:55 am"I say we give it to him. If he tries anything... untoward... we'll just have to take care of it."
Rufus shrugs. "Agreed. His plan sounds solid enough. Worst case scenario with it is that whoever's here in a hundred years will have to deal with it, but that's a pretty good ways to kick a can down the road."
Teres Barton wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:47 pm"I am picking up a pair of small magical creatures within or at 50ft and a Ley line storm brewing." looking to Brom and Rory, "Do either of you have magical pets or familiars? Do familiars read as magical? I can't say I have ever thought about that." she asks sealing up her armor and equipping her Tesla bow. Looking for spots a small magical creature might hide. It could also be the Fade town being picked up.
Rufus nods. "Ja, I sensed that too. Fortunately a Ley Line Storm is something I can do something about. Gospod Ironsides, show me a spot you would like sheltered from this storm and I will cast a shield that'll protect us from it..." he does some quick math in his head. "I can protect an area roughly about 40' in every direction from that spot. It'll drain me quite a bit, but it should hold up for almost an hour and a half. Easily long enough for our needs."

As Brom is deciding on a spot, he climbs all the way out of the APC and begins checking his weapons. "With demons and undead inbound, I recommend anyone with anti-supernatural weapons make sure they're charged, loaded, and ready." Thundergun, check. Anti-vampire water gun, check. I knew that anti-dead spell would come in handy sooner or later. "Also, anyone who wants an armor spell and can't cast their own, speak up now and get next to me. Mine lasts only a few minutes so I'll have to wait til the last second... and once the fur starts flying I may not be able to spare the spell juice." He glances over at Jason. "So what's the plan boss? We going to have the vehicles moving around, or are we literally circling the wagons to create a perimeter?" He glances around at the vehicles. "If the latter, I suggest we space them out just enough to drop some adhesion spells in between them. That way you funnel them in between them, they get stuck, and PRESTO -- undead fish in a barrel! Prijatelj Jessie, regardless you might want to be ready with that turret in case anyone wants to start the party early."
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 304
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Dhaltuun Onyxforge »

Perception: 31% / [roll]1d100[/roll]: [96] = 96 [/roll]
JiC d20 | d100: [roll]1d20[/roll]: [13] = 13 [/roll] | [roll]1d100[/roll]: [5] = 5 [/roll]
Initiative: [roll]1d20+1[/roll]: [2]+1 = 3 [/roll]
APM: 6

PPE: 35 at end of post / 136

Conditions:
Sense Evil: Area of Effect: 180’; Dur: 13 m 30 s /
Sense Magic: Area of Effect: 240’; Dur: 13 m 30 s /
Protection Circle: Simple (45)
Armor bizarre (15) - on Leo - Dur: 7 mins (28 rds) / HF: 12 / MDC: 105 / opponents are -1 init /


Skills:
Lore: Demon 84% / [roll]1d100[/roll]: [90] = 90 [/roll] - Id what types are most commonly used as fodder
Lore: Magic - **Recog. Magic Circles, Runes, etc: 64% / [roll]1d100[/roll]: [77] = 77 [/roll] - draw circle in bad conditions


Post -
Dhaltuun looks around and tries to think of a plan. Raising his hand. ” Ummm, excuse me? I am not a tactics guy, but what if we circle the vehicles? I can draw a protection circle around them for added protection, then I will head to the turret. This will let Jessie do her thing and take out the bad guys, in her own way.’ Dhaltuun lowers his hand as he speaks. Waiting for a breath, he moves off.

As he walks away, Dhal whistles for his familiar. Once she lands on his shoulder, He gives her some scratches and a bit of jerky. ” Okay, my girl, I need you to help me out. Fly up and in a circle above us. I need your eyes. Keep watch for us, but be safe. Come back if you are in danger.” As he watches the beautiful Osprey fly, Dhaltuun can't help but feel love for her as well as a swell of pride for Njord and his blessings. ” Time to earn them.”

Cracking his knuckles, Dhal gathers his materials and starts to prepare to draw. ” Okay, this is the time to earn my paycheck. I will start with a 30 ft radius protection circle, then buff up our muscle, then jump into the turret.” Looking over at the APC, ” Jessie!! I need you.” When she comes over, dhaltuun explains his plan.

” I need your help. I am gonna draw a protection circle. I hope. *playful smile* Can you assist in any way? If not, watch my back. When the enemy gets here, I will follow your lead as you know what you are doing. I trust you. Do what you do, I got your back.” Giving his best follower a smile, He starts to draw.

After a few minutes, Dhaltuun completes his circle. Kneeling down, Dhaltuun places his hand on the ground, within the circle, and gives a small blessing. There is a small flash of golden light then Dhaltuun stands. With a grin, he nods, ” Thank you Njord.” He then moves to Leo.

Approaching Leo, ” My large friend, I have a spell that may help you. If I may, I will cast Arnor Bizarre on you. This will cause things to appear and cover you as armour, while hopefully scaring the enemy. But it will only last 5 minutes or so, so when the enemy is close, I will cast it. Try to stay within 3o feet of me. I will be in the turret.”

Dhaltuun then heads for the turret of the APC. As he moves thru the APC, he grabs his chainsaw and new rifle. Climbing up into the seat for the turret, he makes sure his weapons are handy. Taking a moment, he gives his gear a quick look. ” Okay. Chainsaw, check! Rifle, check! Turret Rail gun, check! Good to go.” With everything loaded and on hand, dhaltuun grabs the trigger controls and keeps his eyes for trouble.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 80&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
  • Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line
Sense Rifts
  • Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.
Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
  • Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details
Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
  • P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)
Familiar Link
  • Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.
Summoning
  • Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Quinn
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Quinn »

Perception: 1d100: [74] = 74 / 52%
JIC: 1d20: [5] = 5 / 1d100: [9] = 9
Conditions: Multi-Optic Eye (Left, pg. 35, SB5)
Leo wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:55 am Leo shoulders his hammer. "Sure. Defend the town while you put the cursed relic in a corner for a time out."

And here I am with a million questions and no time to get answers.

He looks to Jason. "I say we give it to him. If he tries anything... untoward... we'll just have to take care of it."
Quinntessa watches Leo hoist his hammer to his shoulder. looks like it's time for action. Would be a good time to have had a weapons package added to the truck. No use crying over spilt milk. Quinn's nerves start to ebb and flow with the mentions of undead and demons. She tries to calm her breathing. She grabs her pistol and check to make sure it is locked and loaded. A bit of disappointment comes over her face and she looks at the pistol. The last time this wasn't effective, don't think it would be this time either. Gotta get me something that will stop these fuckers. I hate running into them. Quinn walks back to her truck and takes a quick look around to make sure everything is in the correct order. She glances at the Humvees still in tow before walking back over to Jason. "Well the addition to our new guest out there, I think our best course of action is to unhook the humvee first. I think we are going to need all the maneuverability we can muster. I'm not versed in the ways of explosives, if you could defuse them, I could manage to get the two trucks apart. Second, might you guys have a spare weapon that might help me to defend off the undead? I'm afraid my pistols don't have much stopping power against them." Quinn waits to hear from Jason, and makes sure the bomb is defused before detaching the humvee from her truck.
Skill Rolls
Basic Mechanics 68% 1d100<68: [11*] = 1 - To detach the humvee (Suscess!)
Mechanical Engineer 48% 1d100<48: [36*] = 1 - To detach the humvee (Suscess!)
Rufus wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:54 am "Also, anyone who wants an armor spell and can't cast their own, speak up now and get next to me. Mine lasts only a few minutes so I'll have to wait til the last second... and once the fur starts flying I may not be able to spare the spell juice." He glances over at Jason. "So what's the plan boss? We going to have the vehicles moving around, or are we literally circling the wagons to create a perimeter?" He glances around at the vehicles. "If the latter, I suggest we space them out just enough to drop some adhesion spells in between them. That way you funnel them in between them, they get stuck, and PRESTO -- undead fish in a barrel! Prijatelj Jessie, regardless you might want to be ready with that turret in case anyone wants to start the party early."
"I would gladly take any more protection you could offer. The gesture is much appreciated. I don't want to think about getting hurt out here, especially if anyone needs any lifesaving equipment. That's why I'm trying to save some money to buy and tow a medical trailer but there's time for that discussion later, if we make it."

Once all the preparations are made and a plan laid out, Quinn returns to her truck and starts the engine. She makes sure bither her pistols are easily accessible before putting on her seatbelt.
Dr. Quinn

HP: 24/ 24
SDC: 26/ 26
Current Equipment
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
  • Range: 800'
  • Damage: 3D6 M.D.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots only
  • Payload: 14 shots per E-clip, 22 per LE-Clip
    • Current: Short E-Clip: 14/14

NG-A15 Peacekeeper Armor
M.D.C. by Location: (With tactical armor addition)
  • Helmet:50/ 50
  • Arms: 25(50)/25 (50)
  • Legs: 35(55)/ 35 (55)
  • Main Body: 40(85)/ 40 (85)

Modifiers: -5% (-15%) to Physical Skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 339
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Jason Long »

Perception: 71% / 1d100: [46] = 46
JIC: 1d20: [12] = 12 / 1d100: [25] = 25

SKILLS:
Intelligence--90% / 1d100: [54] = 54 - Where to place vehicles and traps (CoA and claymores)
Demolition Disposal--69% / 1d100: [37] = 37 - removing explosives from the box
Demolition--69% / 1d100: [90] = 90 - placing claymores
Consumer wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:22 am Brom shakes his head and looks around, clearly he’s thinking of something and it doesn’t sit well with him. ”We have…” Brom stops and looks to the sky for a moment. ”less than ten minutes before the Fade Town of Sanctuary appears, where I intend to put the cursed object. The Fade town will only be in our reality for about ten minutes, before vanishing again for a hundred years. Rory here.” Brom gestures to the female dwarf next to him. ”Is here to check the wards on the package that are keeping the Entity Stone from releasing any entities to the area. While I can’t time out Fritigern’s plans, I will assume in the next ten to fifteen minutes we will be beset by a host of undead and conjured demons, his means are great and cruel, he will likely be accompanied by the blood magus Crimnor Harsk or one or many of his clones. My task to you Templar is to stall them so they can’t get the package, before the Fade Town vanishes. This is my plan laid bare. So do you have the package or not? Because time is of the essence now.” Brom says, his words are punctuated by multiple lighting strikes and the wind picking up to a brisk fifty mile an hour gust. The first drops of rain begin to strike the earth like meteors. The Templar can see this storm will be horrible.
Jason senses that things have come to a head. Got to play the hand we've been dealt, he sighs quietly. "Very well. We do have the package. I will need just a moment to disarm the explosives, then Rory," he nods to the dwarf, dwarf? dwarfette? "can get started on confirming the wards. Do you know the layout of the town so I know how to place out defenses?" If he does, Jason will use that to place the Templar. If not, Jason will rely on his own training and experience.
Rufus wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:54 am He glances over at Jason. "So what's the plan boss? We going to have the vehicles moving around, or are we literally circling the wagons to create a perimeter?" He glances around at the vehicles. "If the latter, I suggest we space them out just enough to drop some adhesion spells in between them. That way you funnel them in between them, they get stuck, and PRESTO -- undead fish in a barrel! Prijatelj Jessie, regardless you might want to be ready with that turret in case anyone wants to start the party early."


As Jason heads towards the APC and the box, he listens to the others input. He considers their ideas. "Circling the vehicles would work only as long as the Templar were the target. As explained by Brom, we need to hold them off from the town. Lets modify your idea. Jason marks a box in the dirt to signify the town. He marks three smaller squares for the vehicles, putting them in a shallow arc between the town and the presumed direction of the threat. He marks circles between the vehicles. "Lets set the vehicles up to give us cover and good firing arcs between them and the town. Rufus, place your carpets in the gaps between the vehicles. I'll place claymores to cover any holes in that coverage. Make sure to leave room so we can get the vehicles moved in case we get flanked and have to change positions. Remember to concentrate your fire. We need to cut down on their numbers quickly, not spread the damage out. Even if your think it may be overkill, eliminate a wounded enemy before moving onto a fresh one. Questions or comments? "

If anyone has ideas, Jason will listen to them and adapt the plan. If not, Jason waves Rory over and heads to disarm the explosives on the box. He makes sure that no one is in the blast radius while he does this and that his armor is secure. Once disarmed and removed, Jason will turn the box over to Rory and gets out the rest of the explosives and claymores.

If it makes sense for the terrain and available information on the town, Jason will see to the placement of the vehicles and placing the claymores. If not, Jason will wait for Brom and the other Templar's input.
Jason Long
OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Teres Barton »

"I'll take a shield as well. when the fighting starts." she looks at the plan, "It should work. If you want damage we can use torches and incendiaries as well. Ruffus that summon wood spell of yours can you chose the shape of it? I think spikes and anti-Personel caltrops Could help. It's a little old school and they could be jabbed in the ground by Leo and Murduc easily enough. she looks to Jason, "I have another thought on that kill box idea for the demons anyway. This bow tosses lightning. Lightening is conductive. Can we get metal plates in those choke points? the metal might shock the demons and damage the undead as well. If I get lucky even start them on fire." she offers.

"Brom, Is there a way to create a fake of or at least a detectible magic aura that reads like the artifact? something we can use to distract or mislead the enemy with? Even a copy of the artifacts package might help. Undead and demons may not be able to detect magic well enough to pinpoint the location." she asks him
Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 62/77
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with overcoat
Legs: +12 with overcoat
Main Body: +28 with overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Right leg Quivers
Front: 4 explosives (2 light, 2 heavy), 1 smoke, 1 Flare
Side: 6 Wooden stake arrows
Left leg Quivers
Front: 4 explosives (2 light, 2 heavy), 1 smoke, 1 Flare
Side: 6 Wooden stake arrows
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 322
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Templar (PC)

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Murdoc »

Perception: 80%: 1d100: [53] = 53
JIC: 1d20: [16] = 16 1d100: [86] = 86
Skill Rolls
Read Sensory Equipment 70% 1d100: [85] = 85 (Track the incoming contacts)
Pilot: Robots and Power Armor 74%: 1d100: [61] = 61 (drive the PA)
Prowl 110%: 1d100: [53] = 53
Detect Ambush 85%: 1d100: [4] = 4
Tracking: People 65%: 1d100: [100] = 100 (to follow any tracks I find)
Demolitions 100% 1d100: [39] = 39 (to aid Jason in preping the defences)
Demolitions Disposal 102% 1d100: [75] = 75 (to aid Jason in disarming the crate)

After Brom gives his spiel, Murdoc's faceplate pops open and he chuckles a bit, "Yup, he sounds a lot more trustworthy than the guy splattered in blood."

He listens to what the others have to say and then nods when Jason lays out the plan. "I'll stay in the air as long as I can, but with the storm who knows how long that will be." He turns and looks between Rufus and Dhaltuun, "If this armor gets torn up, I doubt I'll have to to change into my other suit, so if either of you guy could keep a little juice saved up to hit me with an armor spell it would be much appreciated. Though, with the drek about to hit the fan, I understand if that ain't possible."

Looking around at the group in total, "The only thing I can think to add is if the line starts to collapse, rally on Brom and protect him and the box. Worst case we get stuck in the fade town and get to retire." He gives a Cheshire grin to everyone.

Following Jason into the APC, he aids the other man in disarming the fail safe then goes over and roots around in his gear for a moment. After shifting some items around he carries the crate out to where the others are. Setting the crate down he smiles, "I brought an assortment of grenades. If you can use them without blowing up any teammates, help yourself."

He waves a hand voila style at a crate filed with:
(2) Extinguish fire G-Bomb; (20' AOE, p.329, BoM)
(4) Smoke Grenades (20' to 40' AOE, -5 strike, parry, dodge; -1 init)
(2) Incendiary Grenade (2d4x10+20 SDC, 12'-24'; 1d6x10; 25'-36', 5d6; 37'-120', 2d6; Duration 10 melee rnds, Merc Ops p 123)
(5) Plasma Grenades (6d6 M.D., 12' AOE, Range: 120', GMG p 124)
(2) Dead-ball Grenade (3d6 M.D, 20' AoE, p.74, WB10)
(5) NE-10G Frag Grenades (4d6 M.D., 30' AoE, p.95, DB8)
(5) NE-10G HE Grenades (6d6 M.D., 12' AoE, p.95, DB8)

"The Extinguish fire Goblin Bomb is pretty neat, I suggest they be kept with humvee and Quinn's rig. Speaking of." Murdoc walks over the Quinn and hands her a NG-45LP Long Pistol and two spare E-Clips. "Let me know if you like it and I'll take you by NG when we get back to Merctwon and you can get one of your own."

After making some of his weaponry available to the others he nods to himself, A fraking fadetown with no fraking defensible position anywhere on this blasted plain. I think most people will keep to ranged combat but Leo might get out amongst them. Gonna have to keep an eye on him, at least when I'm letting missiles go. Frak! Murdoc speaks up after what looks like a moment of thought, "Who's gonna be with the APC? I will likely need missile reloads. But I'll try to save them for bunched up groups and stick to the cannon as much as possible." He gives a large shrug inside he PA that is easily visible to anyone watching him and largely conveys the 'who the frak knows' sentiment.
Travis Murdoc

OOC Comments
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Rory
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:35 am

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Rory »

Perception: 1d100: 1d100: [91] = 91 / 21%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [5] = 5 | 1d100: [55] = 55

Rory tunes out the discussions going on around her and focuses on the package. She scans the entire surface of the package and records the runes and how they are interleaved. It's not a fast process, since she has to use the scanner that comes with the portable computer. She saves it then brings up the schematic she received from Brom. She knows that if she had time she could program the system to automatically run a comparison using pattern recognition software, but time is short. Instead, she brings up the two scans in different colors, overlays one on the other, and looks for variances between the expected pattern and the actual pattern. She mutters to herself as she does it, not consciously aware that people with sharp hearing may be able to make out her words.

Computer operation: 1d100: [95] = 95 / 70% (if necessary)
Read sensory equipment: 1d100: [40] = 40 / 50% (if necessary)

"Okay, okay, yellow's too light. Orange for the schematic then, with black for the actual pattern. Right, that works. Looking good for this section, mark that off in yellow. No, gosh darn it, don't erase the... undo, undo. Back and... yeah, that's the one. Now, shift right, good, hey, what? What the everliving... oh man. Adjust for 3D... oh, you stupid piece of... assign what darn variable...? Piece of junk. Okay, start again, and this time, assign G=Yes, ah, there we go, select three dimensional topology and, what do you mean, file not found? Oh... I see. Proprietary format. I can get around that. Import file, save as, yeah, okay, that's got it. Now load... Yes!"

As she works, she subconsciously tries to make sense of the runes, even though she knows it's quite advanced work.

Recognize Magic Circles, Runes etc: 1d100: [24] = 24 / 25%

She finishes up, and walks over to talk to Brom and let him know what she's found. Just before she gets there, she stops and looks at the newcomers.

Military fortifications: 1d100: [41] = 41 / 50%

"If you're looking to funnel them into fire traps, don't forget that the other side of your vehicles is a dead zone that you can't see or fire into. They could stage and coordinate there out of sight unless you've got some eyes on the spot. Sensor drones for eyes on, and some directed or area effect explosives on a remote to break up groups. Just make sure the sensors are out of the area of effect."

She smiles, then continues over to talk to Brom.

Rory
Status
-Current Hit Points: 39/39
-Current SDC: 25/25
-Current PPE: 140/140

Armor: High Magus armor
Helmet: 45
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 30 each
Main Body: 50

Weapons:
Slung over back: Nuhr rune musket rifle
Range: 1,600'
Damage: 6D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 50 blasts
Weight: 8.5 lbs.
Features: Costs 40 P.P.E. to reload
Modifiers: P.S. <26: -3 to strike

Utility belt: Vibro-axe
Range: Close Combat
Damage: 2D6 M.D.
Payload: 1 E-Clip will last approximately 1 hour
Weight: 4 lbs

Energy sphere: 300PPE
Last edited by Rory on Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 278
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar
Contact:

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Rufus »

((Rolls held over))
Quinn wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:58 am"I would gladly take any more protection you could offer. The gesture is much appreciated. I don't want to think about getting hurt out here, especially if anyone needs any lifesaving equipment. That's why I'm trying to save some money to buy and tow a medical trailer but there's time for that discussion later, if we make it."
Teres Barton wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:30 pm"I'll take a shield as well. when the fighting starts."
Murdoc wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:44 pm"If this armor gets torn up, I doubt I'll have to to change into my other suit, so if either of you guy could keep a little juice saved up to hit me with an armor spell it would be much appreciated. Though, with the drek about to hit the fan, I understand if that ain't possible."
"Right then..." Rufus nods. "The three of you stick as close to me and Dhal as possible when the fur starts flying and you start taking damage."
Jason Long wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:09 amAs Jason heads towards the APC and the box, he listens to the others input. He considers their ideas. "Circling the vehicles would work only as long as the Templar were the target. As explained by Brom, we need to hold them off from the town. Lets modify your idea. Jason marks a box in the dirt to signify the town. He marks three smaller squares for the vehicles, putting them in a shallow arc between the town and the presumed direction of the threat. He marks circles between the vehicles. "Lets set the vehicles up to give us cover and good firing arcs between them and the town. Rufus, place your carpets in the gaps between the vehicles. I'll place claymores to cover any holes in that coverage. Make sure to leave room so we can get the vehicles moved in case we get flanked and have to change positions. Remember to concentrate your fire. We need to cut down on their numbers quickly, not spread the damage out. Even if your think it may be overkill, eliminate a wounded enemy before moving onto a fresh one. Questions or comments? "
Rufus rubs his chin as he looks over Jason's plan. "Sounds solid enough. My original thought was that we'd keep a central point safe, but if we need to keep them out of the town that's different. Dhal's working on a protection circle, so I say let's keep the APC within it if possible to protect the turret and that can be our rally point." He does some quick math inside his head. "My adhesion spells should last about 20 minutes, so I'll cast them last thing. And I know a barricade spell that could come in handy here..." he grins an almost evil grin. "Res zelo priročno..."
Teres Barton wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:30 pm"It should work. If you want damage we can use torches and incendiaries as well. Ruffus that summon wood spell of yours can you chose the shape of it? I think spikes and anti-Personel caltrops Could help. It's a little old school and they could be jabbed in the ground by Leo and Murduc easily enough.
Rufus' ears prick up. "Hmm? I'm afraid I can't cast that spell at the moment moja gospa... Dhal, on the other hand, might be able to. I'd ask him as soon as he's done drawing the circle."

As soon as the perimeter is determined (hopefully with town borders estimated by Brom), Rufus will move to either end and cast a Wall of Wind spell extending outward at a slight angle so as to keep firing lines clear. He'll cast as many CoA spells as he can and are as needed to fill gaps between vehicles and will do so as close to 0-hour as possible so as to get maximum use out of them and spend as much time as possible absorbing PPE from the ley line (assuming they're close enough) to recover what's he's expended.
Wall of Wind stats
- Book of Magic, p.125
- 80' long by 48' high
- equivalent SN PS of 40; only characters with higher strength or weighing over 2 tons can move through it, and even then only 20% of normal speed
- lasts 40 minutes
- 40 PPE each
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1543
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Consumer »

Road to Redemption: A play in three parts, part one.
Time and Weather wrote:Location: In an unassuming flatland, just inside the Pecos Empire.
Date: April 6, 111 PA, 10:50 AM (10 minutes has passed)
Weather: 66°, Ley Line Storm.
Map
Mission Notes
Murdoc: No skills used.
Quinn: No skills used.
Leo: No skills used.
Teres: No skills used.
Jason: No skills used.
Dhaltuun: No skills used.
Rufus: To track blood scent up to 1,000’ away: When the enemy arrives, it can be faintly smelled on the wind.
Sense Ley Line: There is one ¼ mile north of your current location.
Sense Ley Line Nexus: None attached to the Ley Line
Sense a Rift: 2 Happen, one when the army appears, and one when the town appears. They are short lived.
Sense Magic in Use: Both sides have magic going, and the storm screams magic.
Rory: Military fortifications: The whole idea of securing a foothold in this weather with no real cover is either madness or the stuff of legend. But only time will tell.


The first few minutes of preparation is a flurry of activity, with the vehicles moved, Dhaltuun trying to carve legible runes in water starver earth that is currently being bombarded by the beginnings of a torrential rain storm. During this time several of the explosives that were placed are removed, and several more are placed. Rory uses the time to do the job she was sent for. A scan of the coffer, and the runes upon it comes back within 98% accurate, which given her own knowledge of magic, is good enough, better than most. When Rory informs Brom he nods and sighs, though the sound of it is lost in the now howling wind as wind gust pick up to nearly fifty miles an hour, just driving the rain into the ground with punishing force. Lightning splays out across the clouds, occasionally slamming the ground.

At about the six minute mark, in between lightning flashes Leo, Jason, and Murdoc all notice that the group isn’t alone on the field. Several hundred feet away is a legitimate army, hard to see through the rainfall. Somehow, some way, through the howls of the wind, a voice can be heard clearly, as if it were right next to the listener. ”Brom I am here for what you stole from me in Madhaven.” The voice says in an odd accent that makes some think of old Kraus from MercTown.

Approximately a minute later, another blinding flash of lightning, and the field is even more, less empty as a full town has appeared a few hundred feet from the group’s spot.. It looks to be in some distress, with several buildings on fire, and the noises of emergency vehicles can be heard. The Templar can almost feel the collective confusion of the opposing army. ”What is your game Oath Breaker!” The voice whispers across the field.

Brom looks the the group, as he casts a spell. Soon enough his voice can be easily heard as well. ”Frittegern-Bonecaster you will fail in the task you’re attempting, Bruelex will never be released into this world.” He yells across the field. ”It’s to you Templar, you’ll need to keep his forces busy for a while.” And as if to punctuate the point, a peal of thunder nearly deafens all around.

The Templar can see the army arrayed against them slowly begin moving forwards.
Lore: Demons and Monsters, and Lore Undead will identify what is coming


Dhaltuun tries to initialize the final bit of energy to make the protection circle happen, but can almost immediately tell it didn’t take as the first few runes carved into the earth have softened to illegible mudholes. But now the trio of vehicles is surrounded by carpets of adhesion, explosives, and a wall of wind that does little to stop the driving wind gusts.

Weather Note: Each round those without Robotic/Supernatural strength must roll percentile dice, with a 25% chance of being knocked prone (-1 Attack, Lose Initiative), also all in the area are -1 to Strike, Parry, and dodge.

Combat Round 1

Butcher’s Bill
Jason: Armor Main Body: -16 M.D.C.
Rufus: -111 P.P.E. (AOI)
Dhaltuun: -106 P.P.E., Armor Main Body: -10 M.D.C.
Leo: Armor Main Body; -104 M.D.C., -40 rounds. (Armor Bizarre)
Murdoc: V-SAM Main Body: -40 M.D.C.
Teres: -12 I.S.P. (AOI)
Quinn: Armor Main Body: -37 M.D.C. (AOI)
Jessie: Armor: -17 M.D.C.
Rory: Energy Sphere: 300/300 P.P.E.; Duration: 11.5 days.
Note: Vehicle damage/Ammo expenditures will be added to Mission notes..
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Leo
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 134
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Leo »

Perception 37% 1d100: [60] = 60

JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17
JIC: 1d100: [23] = 23

Conditions (at end of post):
  • Armor Bizarre: Duration 7 minutes, 105 MDC, Horror Factor 12, attackers have -1 initiative
Leo leaves his railgun attached to the Hummvee ring mount. If need be, I can fall back to that position and use it, or someone else can man that mount, but I think mobility will serve me better at least for now.
Rufus wrote:"Also, anyone who wants an armor spell and can't cast their own, speak up now and get next to me. Mine lasts only a few minutes so I'll have to wait til the last second... and once the fur starts flying I may not be able to spare the spell juice."
Leo raises one massive hand. "Thanks for having a look at my armor earlier, but given we don't have the amterials to fix it I'll take anything that buffers it. Please and thank you."
Dhaltuun wrote:” My large friend, I have a spell that may help you. If I may, I will cast Arnor Bizarre on you. This will cause things to appear and cover you as armour, while hopefully scaring the enemy. But it will only last 5 minutes or so, so when the enemy is close, I will cast it. Try to stay within 3o feet of me. I will be in the turret.”
Leo grins. "Salomon cast that on me once. It's cool." Leo remembers the fight with the giants in the dinosar swamps, and how the writhing black tentacle armor unnerved his enemies. "Yeah, you can cast that bad boy on me anytime."
Murdoc wrote:"The only thing I can think to add is if the line starts to collapse, rally on Brom and protect him and the box. Worst case we get stuck in the fade town and get to retire."
Leo nods. Protect the town. Failing that, protect Brom and the box. Failing that, protect the box. "Gotcha. Although I really hope not to get stuck in a disappearing town for the rest of my short life."

With that, Leo takes his place standing atop the Hummvee, ready to engage his jetpack to get into the fight when the enemy appears.

Dhaltuun said to stay within 30' feet of him, but I don't remember that being an issue when Sal cast it on me. Still, I won't stray too far into the breach, just to be safe. As the storm rolls in, Leo feels buffeted by the wind, but his mass and strength make him the proverbial immovable object. Fighting in this weather is gonna be tough... but it'll be tough for them as well. Winds may be too high for me to use my jetpack - I'll save it for if I need a fast escape.

When lightning lights up the field and he sees the enemy arrayed before them, the stakes of the fight grow clearer, and adrenaline causes his hands to resume their familiar shake. Not now, dammit! He recalls his time in the Sploog arenas, when they jokingly named him Quake because of his tremor. It's embarrassing, to be sure,... but it's never stopped me from fighting. He surveys the monsters approaching, as they are illuminated by lightning.

Lore: Demons & Monsters 50% 1d100: [51] = 51
Fritigern wrote:”Brom I am here for what you stole from me in Madhaven.”
The whispering voice, unnatural in the clash of the storm, causes Leo to set his jaw. Frakking necromancers.
Brom wrote:”It’s to you Templar, you’ll need to keep his forces busy for a while.”
Leo nods slightly, then says, in a voice near a whisper. "It's showtime."
Leo hops down as they approach the wall of wind, but stops just shy of it, clasps his gravitic wave hammer in both hands, and yells "COME GET SOME!"

Leo swings at any approaching enemy, attempting to use the hammer's gravity wave to knock masses of them into the carpet of adhesion fields, or to clear room for himself. He lays about him with his hammer, swinging in wide, deadly arcs at any enemy who come close, trusting his supernatural strength to lay them low.

Battle Music

Initiative: 1d20+1: [15]+1 = 16

APM: 6

Action 1: Strike with Gravitic Wave Hammer 1d20+5: [18]+5 = 23 (Critical Strike); Damage: 9d6: [2, 1, 3, 6, 1, 2, 1, 3, 2] = 21 X2 = 42 M.D. + 1d4*10: [1]*10 = 10 X2 = 20 M.D. to a 20' area of effect
Action 2: Strike with Gravitic Wave Hammer 1d20+5: [18]+5 = 23 (Critical Strike); Damage: 9d6: [3, 3, 3, 1, 6, 3, 5, 1, 4] = 29 X2 = 58 M.D. + 1d4*10: [2]*10 = 20 X2 = 40 M.D. to a 20' area of effect
Action 3: Strike with Gravitic Wave Hammer 1d20+5: [14]+5 = 19 ; Damage: 9d6: [4, 3, 3, 3, 1, 2, 5, 2, 4] = 27 M.D. + 1d4*10: [1]*10 = 10 M.D. to a 20' area of effect
Action 4: Strike with Gravitic Wave Hammer 1d20+5: [16]+5 = 21 ; Damage: 9d6: [1, 6, 4, 3, 6, 1, 1, 2, 5] = 29 M.D. + 1d4*10: [2]*10 = 20 M.D. to a 20' area of effect
Action 5: Strike with Gravitic Wave Hammer 1d20+5: [18]+5 = 23 (Critical Strike); Damage: 9d6: [4, 5, 2, 3, 4, 6, 2, 6, 3] = 35 X2 = 70 M.D. + 1d4*10: [4]*10 = 40 X2 = 80 M.D. to a 20' area of effect
Action 6: Strike with Gravitic Wave Hammer 1d20+5: [16]+5 = 21 ; Damage: 9d6: [4, 6, 4, 2, 2, 1, 1, 1, 5] = 26 M.D. + 1d4*10: [2]*10 = 20 M.D. to a 20' area of effect

Parries: 1) 1d20+9: [8]+9 = 17 ; 2) 1d20+9: [12]+9 = 21 ; 3) 1d20+9: [12]+9 = 21 ; 4) 1d20+9: [12]+9 = 21 ; 5) 1d20+9: [6]+9 = 15 ; 6) 1d20+9: [1]+9 = 10 (Nat. 1)

Auto-Dodge: 1) 1d20+1: [20]+1 = 21 (Nat. 20!) ; 2) 1d20+1: [16]+1 = 17 ; 3) 1d20+1: [17]+1 = 18 ; 4) 1d20+1: [9]+1 = 10 ; 5) 1d20+1: [6]+1 = 7 ; 6) 1d20+1: [9]+1 = 10
Leo, Titan Juicer
Theme song: Thunderstruck - AC/DC
OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Environmental Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40/40
Right Arm: 35/35
Left Arm: 35/35
Right Leg: 45/45
Left Leg: 45/45
Main Body: 60/80
-5% to -10% movement penalty
User avatar
Rory
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:35 am

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Rory »

Perception: 1d100: 1d100: [69] = 69 / 21%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [18] = 18 | 1d100: [14] = 14

Rory endeavors to stay upright as the winds buffet her body.

Avoiding being knocked prone: 1d100: [19] = 19

Looking at the creatures on the field, she casts her mind back to her studies. What are those things, and what weakness do they have that can be exploited?

Lore: Demons and Monsters: 1d100: [48] = 48 / 60%

I'm going to need some better protection 'gainst these lads, methinks.

Action 1: Starts casting Invincible Armor (drawing PPE from Energy Sphere)
Action 2: Finishes casting Invincible Armor
Action 3: Moves to a vantage point that gives a good view of the battlefield
Action 4: Surveys the opposing troops, looking for the enemy leaders and any large clusters (Perception 1d100: 1d100: [55] = 55 / 21%)

If she loses an action due to the wind buffets, she'll cast the Invincible Armor and get to a vantage point, leaving her last action to next round.

Rory
Status
-Current Hit Points: 39/39
-Current SDC: 25/25
-Current PPE: 140/140
-Invincible armor: 75MDC (-15 to prowl/climb/swim) [regenerates 1d6MDC/melee, 1/2 dmg from all energy attacks, lasts 3min/lvl of caster]

Armor: High Magus armor
Helmet: 45
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 30 each
Main Body: 50

Weapons:
Slung over back: Nuhr rune musket rifle
Range: 1,600'
Damage: 6D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 50 blasts
Weight: 8.5 lbs.
Features: Costs 40 P.P.E. to reload
Modifiers: P.S. <26: -3 to strike

Utility belt: Vibro-axe
Range: Close Combat
Damage: 2D6 M.D.
Payload: 1 E-Clip will last approximately 1 hour
Weight: 4 lbs

Energy sphere: 270PPE
Post Reply

Return to “Templar Adventure Forum”