The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

If supernatural evil feels persecuted, you can bet the Templar are responsible.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 343
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Jason Long »

Perception: 71% / 1d100: [89] = 89
JIC: 1d20: [8] = 8 / 1d100: [94] = 94

Skills:
Avoiding being knocked down: 1d100: [53] = 53
Sensory Equipment—82% / 1d100: [34] = 34 Using targeting system in armor

Murdoc wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:44 pm Looking around at the group in total, "The only thing I can think to add is if the line starts to collapse, rally on Brom and protect him and the box. Worst case we get stuck in the fade town and get to retire." He gives a Cheshire grin to everyone.

"That sounds almost like a plan. " He notes Rufus' Wall of Wind spell, "Rufus, can you use that wall of wind to enhance the wind that army is fighting? They have the same problems standing as we do. Increase what they will have to deal with if you can!

Jason watches with alarm the approaching force, deeply regretting leaving his beloved VHT behind. Damn, we could really use the artillery right now.
Oh well, leaders first.
With the force of the storm making standing more difficult, Jason slings his shotgun and goes prone with the rail rifle behind the Humvee. He sets up under the vehicle for cover and quickly scans the oncoming force through the scope for apparent leaders, those with ranged attacks, or particularly tough looking enemies. Until they get closer, that will be Jason's targeting order. When the mass gets close enough, he will start triggering claymores. He keys his mike and radios the team.

"Call out your targets, if anyone sees this Bonecaster, take him out first. Stay clear of the COA and mines. " Jason desperately tries to think of of something inspirational to say, but settles on something cheesy from an old movie, "May God defend the right!" He releases the mic and aims at his first target. Thinking of Dhaltuun, Jason considers It can't hurt.. speaking aloud he prays, "Gods of light, we seek to prevent an evil from being released into the world. We are few and our foes are an army of darkness, consisting of undead and demons. I do not ask you to fight our battle for us. If we prove worthy, I beg for your guidance and blessing in this battle and the future. "

Initiative: 1d20+4: [9]+4 = 13
Actions: 6
1: setting up under Humvee
2: shooting first target with rifle 1d20+3: [5]+3 = 8 To Hit, 5d6: [6, 2, 3, 1, 6] = 18 MD
3: Shooting with rifle 1d20+3: [4]+3 = 7 To Hit, 5d6: [6, 4, 3, 3, 3] = 19 MD
4: Shooting with rifle 1d20+3: [7]+3 = 10 To Hit, 5d6: [6, 2, 2, 4, 6] = 20 MD
5: Shooting with rifle 1d20+3: [6]+3 = 9 To Hit, 5d6: [1, 1, 6, 2, 2] = 12 MD
6: Shooting with rifle 1d20+3: [6]+3 = 9 To Hit, 5d6: [2, 4, 4, 3, 6] = 19 MD

NOTE: If the army gets in range of the claymores this round, Jason will trigger appropriate mines to engage them.
Jason Long
OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Teres Barton »

Perception: 1d100: [31] = 31 / 54%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [16] = 16 | 1d100: [65] = 65
Jason wrote:"That sounds almost like a plan. " He notes Rufus' Wall of Wind spell, "Rufus, can you use that wall of wind to enhance the wind that army is fighting? They have the same problems standing as we do. Increase what they will have to deal with if you can!
"Rufus, can your wind wall change the direction of the wind to affect them more? we might be able to limit the wind projected firepower they use and push them back?" she says to Rufus staying beside him, "and thanks for that shield." she adds if he gives her one or not the offer was nice.
Jason wrote:"Call out your targets, if anyone sees this Bonecaster, take him out first. Stay clear of the COA and mines. "
"Sniper the officers and stay clear of reactive parameter defenses." she responds looking for a good spot of cover to snipe from like under a vehicle. Given it was a bow that was not heavily reliant on draw distance getting under a larger vehicle worked. If she was lucky she could get a few good hits in and not need to worry about wind.
Rufus wrote:"Right then..." Rufus nods. "The three of you stick as close to me and Dhal as possible when the fur starts flying and you start taking damage."
Combat:
-19 or 20 is a critical hit for Teres with a bow
-she does not suffer the -6 to due motion/movement when using a bow.
-Prioritizing targeting on officer/leaders
Stability check: 1d100: [25] = 25 /25
Initiative: 1d20: [11] = 11
APM: 5
1. get to cover or use Tesla bow if already in cover)
Strike: 1d20+3: [18]+3 = 21
Damage: 4d6: [2, 3, 2, 5] = 12 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect ( Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor)
2. Tesla Bow
Strike: 1d20+3: [5]+3 = 8
Damage: 4d6: [3, 2, 4, 6] = 15 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect ( Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor)
3. Telsa Bow
Strike: 1d20+3: [11]+3 = 14
Damage: 4d6: [1, 6, 3, 1] = 11 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect ( Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor)
4. Tesla Bow
Strike: 1d20+3: [19]+3 = 22
Damage: (Critical Strike) 4d6: [4, 6, 6, 4] = 20 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect ( Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor)
5. Tesla Bow
Strike: 1d20+3: [8]+3 = 11
Damage: 4d6: [5, 6, 1, 2] = 14 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect ( Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor)
Last edited by Teres Barton on Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 62/77
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with overcoat
Legs: +12 with overcoat
Main Body: +28 with overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Right leg Quivers
Front: 4 explosives (2 light, 2 heavy), 1 smoke, 1 Flare
Side: 6 Wooden stake arrows
Left leg Quivers
Front: 4 explosives (2 light, 2 heavy), 1 smoke, 1 Flare
Side: 6 Wooden stake arrows
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
User avatar
Quinn
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Quinn »

Perception: 1d100: [60] = 60 / 52%
JIC: 1d20: [15] = 15 / 1d100: [10] = 10
Conditions: Multi-Optic Eye (Left, pg. 35, SB5)

Save vs. Knock Down: 1d100: [6] = 6

As all the preparations are finished, Quinn climbs into the back of her truck. She makes sure the roof hatch is wide open, allowing easy access to her truck if things get hairy, and keeps the engine running. Kneeling down into the corner of the bed, closest to the cab. She holsters her NG-33 into her utility Belt, while she takes her NG-35 and animosity down field, towards the impending danger. Quinn uses the rail of the bed to steady her aim. Stay focused. Shoot to kill, remember to make sure I get the kill shot before moving to the next target. She waits until the best opportune time before shooting, giving her the best chance to hit her mark.
Combat Mechanics

*All bound and penalties already added*

Initiative: Lost Initiative from knock down
APM: 4

Quinn with attack the closest target and only move onto the next when she is satisfied that the first target is dead.

Action 1: Attack nearest target within range. Strike: 1d20+1: [6]+1 = 7 Damage 3d60: [14, 5, 43] = 62
Action 2: Attack nearest target within range. Strike: 1d20+1: [11]+1 = 12 Damage 3d60: [25, 40, 17] = 82
Action 3: Attack nearest target within range. Strike: 1d20+1: [9]+1 = 10 Damage 3d60: [40, 11, 25] = 76 or Dodge if needed. 1d20+2: [17]+2 = 19
Action 4: Attack nearest target within range. Strike: 1d20+1: [15]+1 = 16 Damage 3d60: [47, 21, 4] = 72 or Dodge if needed. 1d20+2: [8]+2 = 10

Parries: 1d20+2: [15]+2 = 17 , 1d20+2: [12]+2 = 14 , 1d20+2: [11]+2 = 13 , 1d2032: [809] = 809 , 1d20+2: [6]+2 = 8

Contingency: if Quinn gets over ran with enemies, Quinn will jump into the cabnofbher truck to extra cover.
Dr. Quinn

HP: 24/ 24
SDC: 26/ 26
Current Equipment
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
  • Range: 800'
  • Damage: 3D6 M.D.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots only
  • Payload: 14 shots per E-clip, 22 per LE-Clip
    • Current: Short E-Clip: 14/14

NG-A15 Peacekeeper Armor
M.D.C. by Location: (With tactical armor addition)
  • Helmet:50/ 50
  • Arms: 25(50)/25 (50)
  • Legs: 35(55)/ 35 (55)
  • Main Body: 40(85)/ 40 (85)

Modifiers: -5% (-15%) to Physical Skills
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Templar (PC)

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Murdoc »

Perception: 80%: 1d100: [91] = 91
JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19 1d100: [31] = 31
Attcks: 11
Init: 1d20+9: [12]+9 = 21
Skill Rolls
Read Sensory Equipment 70% 1d100: [28] = 28 (Track the incoming contacts)
Pilot: Robots and Power Armor 74%: 1d100: [41] = 41 (drive the PA)
Lore: Demons & Monsters 75%: 1d100: [59] = 59
Conditions:

Murdoc can feel the winds pick up, buffeting around his power armor, God, I'd love to rake those things from on high and drop some grenades on them but this wind is going to be a beast to fly in and I'd likely be a pretty easy target in the air. Best to stay on the ground for now and just do some short hops if I need to get out of trouble.

Murdoc ignores the posturing between the Nercomancer and their benefactor as the lightening reveals their new standing. He chuckles as he uses the APC for cover and starts to unleash his laser cannon into the masses of the enemy army. "Well, if either of you mages can spare the juice now, I'll take one of those magic shields, cuz this drek looks like it gonna get sticky." I wish I could help out in the town, but at least now that its here the rain should drowned the fires some.

Murdoc keeps his aim focused on the front lines of the enemy army as he tries to take out the leading troops in hopes that the fallen will slow up those behind them.

Atmospheric modifiers have been applied (-1 to Strike, Parry, and dodge)
1. QR-12A burst strike: 1d20+6: [8]+6 = 14 Dmg 1d4*10: [2]*10 = 20 MD
2. QR-12A burst strike: 1d20+6: [8]+6 = 14 Dmg 1d4*10: [2]*10 = 20 MD
3. QR-12A burst strike: 1d20+6: [5]+6 = 11 Dmg 1d4*10: [3]*10 = 30 MD
4. QR-12A burst strike: 1d20+6: [11]+6 = 17 Dmg 1d4*10: [2]*10 = 20 MD
5. QR-12A burst strike: 1d20+6: [16]+6 = 22 Dmg 1d4*10: [1]*10 = 10 MD
6. QR-12A burst strike: 1d20+6: [11]+6 = 17 Dmg 1d4*10: [1]*10 = 10 MD
7. QR-12A burst strike: 1d20+6: [9]+6 = 15 Dmg 1d4*10: [1]*10 = 10 MD
8. QR-12A burst strike: 1d20+6: [11]+6 = 17 Dmg 1d4*10: [4]*10 = 40 MD
9. QR-12A burst strike: 1d20+6: [12]+6 = 18 Dmg 1d4*10: [3]*10 = 30 MD
10.QR-12A burst strike: 1d20+6: [16]+6 = 22 Dmg 1d4*10: [4]*10 = 40 MD
11. QR-12A burst strike: 1d20+6: [11]+6 = 17 Dmg 1d4*10: [2]*10 = 20 MD

Auto-Dodge: 1d20: [19] = 19 , 1d20: [1] = 1 , 1d20: [15] = 15 , 1d20: [19] = 19 , 1d20: [19] = 19 , 1d20: [6] = 6 , 1d20: [9] = 9 , 1d20: [7] = 7 , 1d20: [12] = 12 , 1d20: [12] = 12 , 1d20: [10] = 10

If Murdoc takes more than two hits use Dodge/Parry as needed instead of auto-dodge

Just in case: (Parry +13 / Dodge +17) 1d20: [6] = 6 , 1d20: [3] = 3 , 1d20: [19] = 19 , 1d20: [10] = 10 , 1d20: [19] = 19 , 1d20: [16] = 16 , 1d20: [7] = 7 , 1d20: [16] = 16 , 1d20: [19] = 19 , 1d20: [18] = 18 , 1d20: [7] = 7
Travis Murdoc

OOC Comments
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 282
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar
Contact:

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Rufus »

Perception: 1d100<83: [32*] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [10] = 10 / 1d100: [46] = 46

Conditions:
- PPE: 183/303 before Combat Shenanigans below
- Sustain: about a week remaining
- Wall of Winds (2): 80' long x 48' high each | equal to SN PS of 40 | 50 minutes/200 melees remaining (estimated casting 10 mins before start of combat round 1)
- Carpets of Adhesion (3): 14' x 14' each | 25 minutes/100 melees remaining (estimated casting 5 mins before start of combat round 1)
- Superhuman Strength: SN PS 30, SN PE 24, +30 SDC | 2 minutes/8 melees remaining (estimated casting 4 mins before start of combat round 1)
- Roll to maintain footing before casting Superhuman Strength: 1d100>25: [61*] = 1
Leo wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:30 amLeo raises one massive hand. "Thanks for having a look at my armor earlier, but given we don't have the materials to fix it I'll take anything that buffers it. Please and thank you."
Rufus gives Leo a grin and a nod. "Anytime, moj prijatelj. Remind me and I'll be happy to take another look when we get back home and can actually do something about it."
Jason Long wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:26 pm"Rufus, can you use that wall of wind to enhance the wind that army is fighting? They have the same problems standing as we do. Increase what they will have to deal with if you can!
Teres Barton wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:14 am"Rufus, can your wind wall change the direction of the wind to affect them more? we might be able to limit the wind projected firepower they use and push them back?" she says to Rufus staying beside him, "and thanks for that shield." she adds if he gives her one or not the offer was nice.
"No, and again no..." Rufus shakes his head. "The spell is very specific in nature. It's a barrier and that's about it. But if my teachers were right it'll be very entertaining if you knock someone into it."

When the winds start getting strong and threaten to knock everyone over, he does his best to keep from falling down and starts trying to get inside the APC so he can at least brace himself somewhat in the driver's hatch when he hears the voice.
Consumer wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:39 am"Brom I am here for what you stole from me in Madhaven."
I guess this is on now... he thinks to himself. First things first, I gotta steady myself before I can do anything else. He mutters "দেবতার শক্তি" under his breath and feels supernatural strength flow through his body. That's better. Now to take care of business...

He climbs up onto the top of the APC next to the turret where Dhal is stationed and looks out at the horde amassed before them, trying to make out what they're up against.

((Lore: Demons & Monsters -- 1d100<87: [35*] = 1 ))

"Prijatelj Dhaltuun!" he shouts over the sound of the storm as he draws pistols (his NG-45LP and his Thundergun). "Is your god watching? We're about to put on quite a show -- I'd hate for him to miss it!"
Consumer wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:39 am”Frittegern-Bonecaster you will fail in the task you’re attempting, Bruelex will never be released into this world.” He yells across the field. ”It’s to you Templar, you’ll need to keep his forces busy for a while.” And as if to punctuate the point, a peal of thunder nearly deafens all around.
Guess that's my cue... Rufus thinks to himself as he casts armor spells first upon himself and then on Teres and Jason (Dhal seems to have himself and Leo covered). He turns to face the horde before them and roars at the top of his lungs. "Now... FOR WOLVENAR! FOR NJORD! FOR THE TEMPLAR! AND FOR MY SWEET MATI BACK HOME!!!!!"

Cue up the battle music...

Combat Shenanigans
- Initiative: 1d20+3: [3]+3 = 6 (does not include +1 with NG-45LP or +1 with Thundergun, both are modded with hair triggers)
- APM: 7
- Automatic KO on natural 20; does not have to be declared (boxing)
- Critical Strike on unmodified roll of 18, 19, or 20
- +2 to spell strength

First actions (regardless of contingency):
1.) Cast Armor of Ithan on himself -- 80 MDC, 12 minutes duration (10 PPE)
2.) Cast Armor of Ithan on Teres -- 80 MDC, 12 minutes duration (10 PPE)
3.) Cast Armor of Ithan on Jason -- 80 MDC, 12 minutes duration (10 PPE)
4.) Cast Armor of Ithan on Quinn -- 80 MDC, 12 minutes duration (10 PPE)
5.) Cast Armor of Ithan on Murdoc -- 80 MDC, 12 minutes duration (10 PPE)
6.) Reserved for dodging. Dodge: 1d20+6: [9]+6 = 15 (includes storm penalty)

Remaining actions -- if the army appears to be largely/primarily/even partially animated dead:
7.) Cast Turn Dead on animated dead within 90' of the line -- turn 8d6: [3, 3, 5, 2, 6, 4, 4, 1] = 28 dead (6 PPE)

Remaining actions -- if the army appears to have NO animated dead:
7a.) Shoot baddie within 1,200' with NG-45 LP. Strike: 1d20+4: [11]+4 = 15 (includes storm penalty), 5d6: [6, 4, 2, 6, 6] = 24 MD
7b.) Shoot obviously supernatural baddie within 200' with Thundergun. Strike: 1d20+4: [9]+4 = 13 (includes storm penalty), 5d6: [3, 6, 3, 2, 4] = 18 MD if target is practitioner or creature of magic, 1d6*10: [1]*10 = 10 MD if target is a supernatural being.
Dice rolls
1d6*10: [4]*10 = 40
5d6: [2, 6, 5, 4, 2] = 19
1d20+4: [17]+4 = 21
5d6: [1, 6, 5, 2, 3] = 17
1d20+4: [14]+4 = 18
8d6: [4, 5, 3, 4, 1, 4, 1, 1] = 23
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1562
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Consumer »

Road to Redemption: A play in three parts, part one.
Time and Weather wrote:Location: In an unassuming flatland, just inside the Pecos Empire.
Date: April 6, 111 PA, 10:50:15 AM (15 seconds has passed)
Weather: 66°, Ley Line Storm.
Map
Mission Notes
Murdoc: No skills used.
Quinn: No skills used.
Leo: Lore: Demons & Monsters Hound Demons, Bird demons, looks like zombies.
Teres: No skills used.
Jason: No skills used.
Dhaltuun: No skills used.
Rufus: Lore: Demons & Monsters Alu Hound Demons, Shedim, and some manner of zombie-like undead.
Rory: Lore: Demons and Monsters Alu Hound Demons, Shedim, and some manner of zombie-like undead.


Murdoc: 21
Leo: 16
Jason: 13
Rufus: 6
Teres: Lost Initiative, but goes before the others due to having rolled Initiative.
Rory: Knocked Down, None rolled.
Quinn: Knocked Down, None rolled.


Murdoc sets off the fight by putting himself behind the back end of the APC. With a skill earned over a long career, Murdoc begins putting lasers down the distance between the Templar and the advancing horde. Murdoc finds that indiscriminate fire may be the only real option as even with advanced optics he finds it hard to keep his shots on the same target for more than a shot or two. But he finds the following information based off of what he’s shooting at. The hound looking demons can take a relative beating, the bird like ones can take a bit more, while the undead actually don’t seem to take much to kill. Problem is that there are hundreds of them and they are pouring towards the Templar’s position wilke a tidal wave.

Leo prepares for the oncoming deluge of monsters, he sees while they’re affected by the terrain becoming a soupy morass of mud, they don’t seem to be bothered by the winds. That being said they’re still a ways out when Leo’s combat drug enhanced instincts warn him of a very real danger almost right behind him. Whipping around he notices the half-naked man with the porcelain mask standing only a few feet away. The man’s hands wave in a gesture as he slashes across his own torso with a knife held in his left hand. Leo feels a dreadful feeling about his being, but the combat drugs almost instantly counteract whatever just happened. Leo, not taking any chances spends the next few seconds reducing the man to a paste in the mud soaked earth, while Crimnor Harsk seems to try and dodge the blows, the man seemed slowed, and succumbs to the barrage Leo makes a quick look but notices no other beings behind them, and turns just in time to catch the first of the demons approaching with his hammer.

Jason struggles against the wind and makes his way to a spot under the Humvee. From here, Jason begins firing his rifle into the oncoming horde. Much like Murdoc came to realize, picking out targets seems nearly impossible, and the demons do seem about as durable as a Coalition soldier. When the horde gets close enough the Veritech Tanker clicks the first of his planted mines, which goes off as planned, shredding several demons and undead in the process, but where one fell another moved into it’s place.

Rufus takes a few moments to cast protective spells on Quinn, Murdoc, and Jason. (You had already cast it on the others). Before turning his attention to the wind slashed plain. Firing first a shot from his laser pistol, following it up with a shot from his TW Thundergun, both find satisfying targets. As the undead begin to get closer, Rufus casts Turn Undead and causes a couple dozen to start to move opposite of their fellows, but given the nature of the horde’s momentum, they just are slowed as the wave pushes them with itself.

Teres finds the winds too great and gets toppled by a gust. Teres manages to scramble back to her feet and move to a place of cover, and the only place she could find is next to Jason. Having lost several precious seconds and her initial momentum, Teres gets to work firing bolts of lighting into the horde, finding them to be susceptible to the electrical arcs, but their durability keeps them standing.

Rory gets prepared to get to work when a gust of wind sends her ass over tea kettle. It takes her a few moments to get up, and she quickly works her way through a defensive spell, finishing it just as the horde makes it to the front line.

Much like the other women of the group, Quinn succumbs to the strong winds. Quinn makes her way to standing and into the bed of her truck. Quinn takes a few shots into the horde, finding it to be vast and full of targets.

Up in the APCs Turret Jessie begins to work. The APCs voice opens with a roar, as high speed ferrus metal slugs begin flying into the mass. Jessie is indiscriminate in her targeting, raining hell into the forces of hell. Meanwhile the group can hear Brom speak loudly in a foriegn tongue. ”Þórr strike þau!” Which is followed by several strikes of lightning coming down on the horde. ”Odin honor þinn pact! As golden spears of light come down onto more of the horde. ”Njorð drown þau” Brom screams as the rain seems to get worse.

In the distance golden portals can be seen opening and a deafening roar heard, as several dozen naked madmen rush from them, armed with swords and axes, they crash into the rear of the horde, and begin fighting. Dhaltuun can hear a whisper. ”You should have told me it was Brom Ironsides, names matter young shifter.”

For their part the horde continues to move forward unabated, soon they will be close enough to actually do some damage to the Templar.

Above the sky takes on a yellowish hue and the wind picks up. Hail begins to fall.

Weather Note: Each round those without Robotic/Supernatural strength must roll percentile dice, with a 25% chance of being knocked prone (-1 Attack, Lose Initiative), also all in the area are -1 to Strike, Parry, and dodge.

Combat Round 2

Butcher’s Bill
Jason: Armor Main Body: -16 M.D.C., (AOI; 80/80 MDC, 12 minutes duration)
Rufus: -131 P.P.E. (AOI; 80/80 MDC, 12 minutes duration)
Dhaltuun: -106 P.P.E., Armor Main Body: -10 M.D.C.
Leo: Armor Main Body; -104 M.D.C., -40 rounds. (Armor Bizarre: Duration 7 minutes, 105/105 MDC, Horror Factor 12, attackers have -1 initiative), Blood Cursed.
Murdoc: V-SAM Main Body: -40 M.D.C., (AOI; 80/80 MDC, 12 minutes duration)
Teres: -12 I.S.P. (AOI; 80/80 MDC, 12 minutes duration)
Quinn: Armor Main Body: -37 M.D.C., (AOI; 80/80 MDC, 12 minutes duration)
Jessie: Armor: -17 M.D.C.
Rory: Energy Sphere: 300/270 P.P.E.; Duration: 11.5 days, (Invincible Armor; Duration: 18 minutes, 75/75 M.D.C.)
Note: Vehicle damage/Ammo expenditures will be added to Mission notes..
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Leo
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Leo »

Perception 37% 1d100: [4] = 4

JIC: 1d20: [18] = 18
JIC: 1d100: [16] = 16

Conditions:
  • Armor Bizarre: Duration 7 minutes, 105 MDC, Horror Factor 12, attackers have -1 initiative
Leo watches the horizon, trying to ascertain what kind of enemies he is facing. Some kinda dog demons. some kinda bird demons... and some classic zombies. I just hope, whatever they are, being hit like really really hard with a ginormous hammer hurts them like it hurts everything else.

In an instant, however, he knows he's not alone, and he swings around to find himself toe-to-toe with Crimnor Harsk, with his creepy mask. He immediately goes on the offensive, hammering away at the man, as he casts a spell on Leo.

What was that!?! No time to think about that now... just kill the guy before! As his last blow crumples the enemy, he swivels on his feet to see a demon within reach.

"Demons, huh? You come to taste the thunder?"

With that, he begins hammering away at the enemy, swinging back and forth in mighty strokes, hoping the gravitic wave knocks back any other attackers while he's still fighting this one. He strikes a cutting figure in the battlefield, massive, wielding a ridiculously outsized hammer, with eldritch tentacles coming off his body as he does his best impression of a human engine of destruction. As he fights, he tries to position himself so that some of the enemy might get funneled into Rufus' carpets of adhesion.

OOC Comments
Storm modifiers applied in rolls below
Initiative: 1d20+1: [2]+1 = 3

APM: 6

Action 1: Strike with Gravitic Wave Hammer 1d20+5: [2]+5 = 7 ; Damage: 9d6: [3, 4, 4, 4, 5, 6, 3, 3, 2] = 34 M.D. + 1d4*10: [4]*10 = 40 M.D. to a 20' area of effect
Action 2: Strike with Gravitic Wave Hammer 1d20+5: [1]+5 = 6 (Nat. 1!); Damage: 9d6: [5, 5, 4, 4, 4, 5, 4, 2, 1] = 34 M.D. + 1d4*10: [2]*10 = 20 M.D. to a 20' area of effect
Action 3: Strike with Gravitic Wave Hammer 1d20+5: [12]+5 = 17 ; Damage: 9d6: [1, 5, 1, 5, 1, 6, 1, 6, 3] = 29 M.D. + 1d4*10: [1]*10 = 10 M.D. to a 20' area of effect
Action 4: Strike with Gravitic Wave Hammer 1d20+5: [16]+5 = 21 ; Damage: 9d6: [1, 3, 2, 6, 5, 3, 3, 1, 6] = 30 M.D. + 1d4*10: [4]*10 = 40 M.D. to a 20' area of effect
Action 5: Strike with Gravitic Wave Hammer 1d20+5: [20]+5 = 25 (Nat 20!); Damage: 9d6: [3, 2, 3, 6, 3, 4, 3, 5, 2] = 31 X 2 = 62 M.D. + 1d4*10: [4]*10 = 40 X2 = 80 M.D. to a 20' area of effect
Action 6: Strike with Gravitic Wave Hammer 1d20+5: [18]+5 = 23 (Crit. Strike!); Damage: 9d6: [6, 4, 6, 6, 6, 3, 1, 3, 5] = 40 X2 = 80 M.D. + 1d4*10: [2]*10 = 20 X 2 = 40 M.D. to a 20' area of effect


Parries: 1) 1d20+9: [7]+9 = 16 ; 2) 1d20+9: [9]+9 = 18 ; 3) 1d20+9: [5]+9 = 14 ; 4) 1d20+9: [5]+9 = 14 ; 5) 1d20+9: [12]+9 = 21 ; 6) 1d20+9: [10]+9 = 19

Auto-Dodge: 1) 1d20+1: [8]+1 = 9 ; 2) 1d20+1: [8]+1 = 9 ; 3) 1d20+1: [4]+1 = 5 ; 4) 1d20+1: [13]+1 = 14 ; 5) 1d20+1: [17]+1 = 18 ; 6) 1d20+1: [19]+1 = 20
Leo, Titan Juicer
Theme song: Thunderstruck - AC/DC
OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 570/1070

Titan Plate armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 79/195
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 306
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Dhaltuun Onyxforge »

Perception: 31% / [roll]1d100[/roll]: [3] = 3 [/roll]
JiC d20 | d100: [roll]1d20[/roll]: [20] = 20 [/roll]| [roll]1d100[/roll]: [74] = 74 [/roll]
Initiative: [roll]1d20+1[/roll]: [9]+1 = 10 [/roll]
APM: 6

PPE: 35 at end of post / 136

Conditions:
Sense Evil: Area of Effect: 180’; Dur: 13 m 15 s /
Sense Magic: Area of Effect: 240’; Dur: 13 m 15 s /

Holding last of PPe to cast this 2x - Armor bizarre (15) - max of twice, when needed - Dur: 7 mins (28 rds) / HF: 12 / MDC: 105 / opponents are -1 init /


Skills:
Lore: Demon 84% - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [99] = 99 [/roll] Id what types are most commonly used as fodder
Lore: Undead 25% - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [10] = 10 [/roll] id enemy
Weapon Systems 54% - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [75] = 75 [/roll] ready railgun
WP Heavy M.D. Weapons - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [36] = 36 [/roll] use railgun
Language - Demogagion 89% - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [36] = 36 [/roll] yell at enemies



Post -
Dhaltuun sees the mud and looks sullen for a minute. ” Well, that didnt work.” With a crack if his neck, He moves for the APC. Walking quickly, ”That’s it!! Time to frak some shit up.” Letting a grin spread across his face, Dhaltuun runs and enters the APC.

Climbing up into the turret, Dhal does a quick weapons check and readies the railgun. ” Njord, I fight this battle vs evil in your name.” Looking around, He sees his team doing their. Dhaltuun grins with pride. ”Njord, Bless this group. If we win, you may have some new converts.” He cocks the Railgun and takes aim.

Looking down the barrel of the railgun, Dhaltuun waits for the first undead or demon thing to walk in front of his sight. As soon as something does, He presses the trigger and sweeps the gun left to right, spraying the first line with a hail of bullets. He yells out curses to the enemy as he fires.

APM: 6
Initiative: [roll]1d20+2[/roll]: [16]+2 = 18 [/roll]

A1) railgun gun burst: [roll]1d20+1[/roll]: [6]+1 = 7 [/roll] / Damage: [roll]1d6*10[/roll]: [6]*10 = 60 [/roll] - “COME GET SOME, YOU DISEASED ANGEL SPAWN!!!!”
A2) railgun gun burst: [roll]1d20+1[/roll]: [19]+1 = 20 [/roll] / Damage: [roll]1d6*10[/roll]: [4]*10 = 40 [/roll] - ”May fleas infect your privates!!’
A3) railgun gun burst: [roll]1d20+1[/roll]: [11]+1 = 12 [/roll]/ Damage: [roll]1d6*10[/roll]: [6]*10 = 60 [/roll] - ”You like that?”
A4) railgun gun burst: [roll]1d20+1[/roll]: [14]+1 = 15 [/roll]/ Damage: [roll]1d6*10[/roll]: [1]*10 = 10 [/roll] - ”Some for you!!”
A5) railgun gun burst: [roll]1d20+1[/roll]: [10]+1 = 11 [/roll] / Damage: [roll]1d6*10[/roll]: [5]*10 = 50 [/roll] - ”And you!!”
A6) railgun gun burst: [roll]1d20+1[/roll]: [1]+1 = 2 [/roll] / Damage: [roll]1d6*10[/roll]: [5]*10 = 50 [/roll]- ”And you!”
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 80&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
  • Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line
Sense Rifts
  • Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.
Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
  • Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details
Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
  • P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)
Familiar Link
  • Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.
Summoning
  • Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Rory
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:35 am

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Rory »

Perception: 1d100: 1d100: [82] = 82 / 21%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [12] = 12 | 1d100: [30] = 30

Having been knocked prone once, Rory endeavors once again to stay upright as the winds buffet her body.

Avoiding being knocked prone: 1d100: [29] = 29

She trusts to the front line to hold as she starts casting her spell.

(Casting Firequake onto the ground under the enemy, aiming to catch the largest number of targets that she can in its 100' radius - but making sure that radius doesn't overlap into our own position. She initially aims to have the center point at least 120' ahead of our lines, then thinks about the ley line and how it can boost spells. She's not sure it it would boost the radius or not, but just to be safe, she aims a little further back, so the center of the radius is at least 160' ahead of our lines. )

Action 1: From her vantage point, try to identify the most effective place to site the Firequake area of effect. If she can identify Britigern Bonecaster she'll try to make sure he's in the radius if she can.
Action 2: Starts casting Firequake (drawing 160PPE from Energy Sphere)
Action 3: Continues casting Firequake
Action 4: Finishes casting Firequake

If she loses an action due to the wind buffets, she'll continue into next round.

Rory
Status
-Current Hit Points: 39/39
-Current SDC: 25/25
-Current PPE: 140/140
-Invincible armor: 75MDC (-15 to prowl/climb/swim) [regenerates 1d6MDC/melee, 1/2 dmg from all energy attacks, lasts 3min/lvl of caster]

Armor: High Magus armor
Helmet: 45
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 30 each
Main Body: 50

Weapons:
Slung over back: Nuhr rune musket rifle
Range: 1,600'
Damage: 6D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 50 blasts
Weight: 8.5 lbs.
Features: Costs 40 P.P.E. to reload
Modifiers: P.S. <26: -3 to strike

Utility belt: Vibro-axe
Range: Close Combat
Damage: 2D6 M.D.
Payload: 1 E-Clip will last approximately 1 hour
Weight: 4 lbs

Energy sphere: 270PPE -160PPE = 110PPE
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Teres Barton »

Per: 1d100: [95] = 95
Jic/jic: 1d20: [1] = 1 / 1d100: [73] = 73

Being under the Humvee did provide good cover and she took advantage of it. Better to let Jason know she was there. The last thing she needed was a friendly fire incident. Have to watch I don't hit Leo. Better to aim where he is not.

"Hey, boss mind some company? Can't say the ceiling height is good." she jokes as the Psi-Druid draws and releases, Let's see what we can hit . Officers and guys that look like they are controlling things. What I would not do for a platoon of skelebots and Some heavy mechs right now...

Combat:
-19 or 20 is a critical hit for Teres with a bow
-she does not suffer the -6 to due motion/movement when using a bow.
-Prioritizing targeting on officer/leaders
Stability check: 1d100: [23] = 23 /25
Location: under the humvee (Prone?)
Initiative: [roll][/roll]
APM: 5
1. Perception to find a good target and keep track of Leo's location on the field. 1d100: [35] = 35 /54% (if she spots nothing too juicy she still shoots aimed to better avoid hitting Leo and cover his back)
2. Aimed Shots: +3 to Strike Bonus (costs 2 actions) Strike: 1d20+6: [12]+6 = 18 /Damage: 4d6: [5, 3, 3, 2] = 13
3. "-"
4. Aimed Shots: +3 to Strike Bonus (costs 2 actions) Strike: 1d20+6: [16]+6 = 22 /Damage: 4d6: [2, 3, 3, 4] = 12
5."-"
Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 62/77
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with overcoat
Legs: +12 with overcoat
Main Body: +28 with overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Right leg Quivers
Front: 4 explosives (2 light, 2 heavy), 1 smoke, 1 Flare
Side: 6 Wooden stake arrows
Left leg Quivers
Front: 4 explosives (2 light, 2 heavy), 1 smoke, 1 Flare
Side: 6 Wooden stake arrows
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 343
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Jason Long »

Perception: 71% / 1d100: [17] = 17 %
JIC: 1d20: [6] = 6 / 1d100: [44] = 44



With the horde getting close enough for the mines, Jason draws the Thundergun and begins punching out rounds. Unable, for the most part, to pick out specific targets, he will target those closest.As he does, he continually keeps an eye out for groups of enemies getting into a mine's area of effect. When that happen, he triggers the mine, screaming "Fire in the hole!!" and grinning at the big boom, even more so when it one of the plasma mines. If one of the leaders comes into view Jason will switch his fire there.

In the back of his mind, Jason starts considering options. Who is faster, the humvee or the horde? Would it be better to throw the box into the humvee and take off into town with it? Tossing it out far enough into town that it would fade back out before the fastest of the horde could reach it? He wishes there had been time to discuss that option with Brom.


Initiative: 1d20+4: [18]+4 = 22
6 Actions:
1: Draw Thundergun
2: Fire at closest target with Thundergun or set off mine 1d20+3: [11]+3 = 14 To Hit, 5d6: [1, 2, 4, 6, 5] = 18 MD or 1d6*10: [3]*10 = 30 MD
3: Fire at closest target with Thundergun or set off mine 1d20+3: [2]+3 = 5 To Hit, 5d6: [1, 5, 1, 1, 5] = 13 MD or 1d6*10: [5]*10 = 50 MD
4: Fire at closest target with Thundergun or set off mine 1d20+3: [1]+3 = 4 To Hit, 5d6: [4, 2, 4, 3, 2] = 15 MD or 1d6*10: [5]*10 = 50 MD
5: Fire at closest target with Thundergun or set off mine 1d20+3: [5]+3 = 8 To Hit, 5d6: [6, 4, 2, 2, 1] = 15 MD or 1d6*10: [2]*10 = 20 MD
6: Fire at closest target with Thundergun or set off mine 1d20+3: [13]+3 = 16 To Hit, 5d6: [5, 5, 3, 4, 6] = 23 MD or 1d6*10: [5]*10 = 50 MD
Jason Long
OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Templar (PC)

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Murdoc »

Perception: 80%: 1d100: [56] = 56
JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 [roll1d100[/roll]
Attcks: 11
Init: 1d20+9: [10]+9 = 19
Skill Rolls
Read Sensory Equipment 70% 1d100: [58] = 58 (Track the incoming contacts)
Pilot: Robots and Power Armor 74%: 1d100: [92] = 92 (drive the PA)
Lore: Demons & Monsters 75%: 1d100: [60] = 60
Conditions:
V-SAM Main Body: 312/272 (AOI; 80/80 MDC, 12/12 minutes duration)

With the Horde rushing their lines, Murdoc gives a grin from under the helmet of his armor. Best use'm up before the monsters get too close. with that thought Murdoc arms his mini missiles. Loosing a mixed volley of plasma and HE mini missiles, Murdoc targets the middle of the horde but just passed the buried mines.

He gives a quick burst of his cannon at the front line of the horde before unleashing a mixed volley at the front of the enemy line.

He fires another quick burst from his cannon at the front of the demon line, That should have given then some time to fill the gap in the middle back in. Murdoc grins evilly as he fires a third volley into the center of the mass of demons.

Murdoc spots the missile counter on his HUD showing that he's down to just two of each. Best hold off on these last four, just in case. Clicking his comms on, he calls out, "Pour it on people. We got to take out as many as we can before they breach our lines." as he falls back to the crate grenades he brought out that no one seems to be using. Snatching them out as quickly as he can, he pulls the pins and lobs them toward the mass of charging demons and undead.

Atmospheric modifiers have been applied (-1 to Strike, Parry, and dodge)
1. Mini missile strike: 1d20+6: [13]+6 = 19 Dmg 5d6: [6, 6, 2, 1, 5] = 20 MD / 5d6: [5, 3, 4, 6, 3] = 21 MD / 1d6*10: [1]*10 = 10 MD / 1d6*10: [6]*10 = 60 MD
2. QR-12A burst strike: 1d20+6: [7]+6 = 13 Dmg 1d4*10: [2]*10 = 20 MD
3. Mini missile strike: 1d20+6: [6]+6 = 12 Dmg 5d6: [1, 6, 1, 3, 1] = 12 MD / 5d6: [1, 3, 3, 2, 6] = 15 MD / 1d6*10: [3]*10 = 30 MD / 1d6*10: [3]*10 = 30 MD
4. QR-12A burst strike: 1d20+6: [18]+6 = 24 Dmg 1d4*10: [1]*10 = 10 MD
5. Mini missile strike: 1d20+6: [19]+6 = 25 Dmg 5d6: [5, 6, 4, 6, 2] = 23 MD / 5d6: [3, 5, 6, 1, 5] = 20 MD / 1d6*10: [3]*10 = 30 MD / 1d6*10: [3]*10 = 30 MD
6. Grenade strike range 150': 1d20: [4] = 4 Dmg Incendiary Grenade ( 2d4*10+20: [2, 1]*10+20 = 50 SDC, 12'-24'; 1d6*10: [6]*10 = 60 ; 25'-36', 5d6: [4, 3, 1, 6, 1] = 15 ; 37'-120', 2d6: [2, 5] = 7 ; Duration 10 melee rnds, Merc Ops p 123)
7. Grenade strike range 150': 1d20: [5] = 5 Dmg Incendiary Grenade ( 2d4*10+20: [3, 2]*10+20 = 70 SDC, 12'-24'; 1d6*10: [6]*10 = 60 ; 25'-36', 5d6: [4, 5, 5, 2, 2] = 18 ; 37'-120', 2d6: [5, 2] = 7 ; Duration 10 melee rnds, Merc Ops p 123)
8. Grenade strike range 150': 1d20: [16] = 16 Dmg NE-10G Frag Grenades ( 4d6: [2, 1, 1, 5] = 9 M.D., 30' AoE, p.95, DB8)
9. Grenade strike range 150': 1d20: [9] = 9 Dmg NE-10G Frag Grenades ( 4d6: [2, 4, 5, 4] = 15 M.D., 30' AoE, p.95, DB8)
10.Grenade strike range 150': 1d20: [12] = 12 Dmg NE-10G Frag Grenades ( 4d6: [6, 3, 4, 5] = 18 M.D., 30' AoE, p.95, DB8)
11. Grenade strike range 150': 1d20: [4] = 4 Dmg NE-10G Frag Grenades ( 4d6: [2, 1, 1, 5] = 9 M.D., 30' AoE, p.95, DB8)

Auto-Dodge: 1d20: [5] = 5 , 1d20: [7] = 7 , 1d20: [4] = 4 , 1d20: [10] = 10 , 1d20: [15] = 15 , 1d20: [1] = 1 , 1d20: [7] = 7 , 1d20: [5] = 5 , 1d20: [2] = 2 , 1d20: [12] = 12 , 1d20: [14] = 14

If Murdoc takes more than two hits use Dodge/Parry as needed instead of auto-dodge

Just in case: (Parry +13 / Dodge +17) 1d20: [15] = 15 , 1d20: [19] = 19 , 1d20: [15] = 15 , 1d20: [4] = 4 , 1d20: [16] = 16 , 1d20: [1] = 1 , 1d20: [5] = 5 , 1d20: [5] = 5 , 1d20: [8] = 8 , 1d20: [19] = 19 , 1d20: [20] = 20
Last edited by Murdoc on Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:47 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Travis Murdoc

OOC Comments
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Quinn
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Quinn »

Perception: 1d100: [40] = 40 / 52%
JIC: 1d20: [1] = 1 / 1d100: [93] = 93
Conditions: Multi-Optic Eye (Left, pg. 35, SB5)

Save vs. Knock Down: 1d100: [5] = 5

Quinn continues to fire into, what seems like an endless mass, picking off her targets one by one. She adjusts her stance in an attempt to stay off the wind. This is why I should just stay in the med bay. Lass chance of dying.
Combat Mechanics

*Bonuses add in*

Initiative: 1d20: [12] = 12
APM: 4

Quinn will attack the closest target and only move onto the next when she is satisfied that the first target is dead.

Action 1: Attack nearest target within range. Strike: 1d20+1: [8]+1 = 9 Damage 3d6: [5, 3, 2] = 10
Action 2: Attack nearest target within range. Strike: 1d20+1: [18]+1 = 19 Damage 3d6: [6, 2, 4] = 12
Action 3: Attack nearest target within range. Strike: 1d20+1: [8]+1 = 9 Damage 3d6: [3, 2, 1] = 6 or Dodge if needed. 1d20+2: [8]+2 = 10
Action 4: Attack nearest target within range. Strike: 1d20+1: [15]+1 = 16 Damage 3d60: [52, 16, 50] = 118 or Dodge if needed. 1d20+2: [5]+2 = 7

Parries: 1d20+2: [13]+2 = 15 , 1d20+2: [12]+2 = 14 , 1d20+2: [17]+2 = 19 , 1d20+2: [3]+2 = 5

Contingency: if Quinn gets overrun with enemies, Quinn will jump into the cabnofbher truck for extra cover.
Dr. Quinn

HP: 24/ 24
SDC: 26/ 26
Current Equipment
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
  • Range: 800'
  • Damage: 3D6 M.D.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots only
  • Payload: 14 shots per E-clip, 22 per LE-Clip
    • Current: Short E-Clip: 14/14

NG-A15 Peacekeeper Armor
M.D.C. by Location: (With tactical armor addition)
  • Helmet:50/ 50
  • Arms: 25(50)/25 (50)
  • Legs: 35(55)/ 35 (55)
  • Main Body: 40(85)/ 40 (85)

Modifiers: -5% (-15%) to Physical Skills
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 282
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar
Contact:

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Rufus »

Perception: 1d100<83: [90] = 0
JIC: 1d20: [15] = 15 / 1d100: [86] = 86

Conditions:
- PPE: 147/303 before Combat Shenanigans below
- Sustain: about a week remaining
- Wall of Winds (2): 80' long x 48' high each | equal to SN PS of 40 | 49.75 minutes/199 melees remaining
- Carpets of Adhesion (3): 14' x 14' each | 24.75 minutes/99 melees remaining
- Armor of Ithan: 80/80 MDC | 11.75 minutes/47 melees remaining
- Superhuman Strength: SN PS 30, SN PE 24, +30 SDC | 1.75 minutes/7 melees remaining
- NG-45LP: 7/8 shots left in current clip
- Thundergun: 5/6 shots remaining

Rufus notes with a certain degree of disappointment that while some zombies are trying to flee they're getting caught up in the rush forward and are only resulting in the horde slowing down a bit. Whatever, I'll still take that. Slower targets are easier to shoot.
Murdoc wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:01 pm"Pour it on people. We got to take out as many as we can before they breach our lines."
"Working in it," Rufus growls back in between spell casting. "I'm slowing them down as much as I can so you can mow 'em down as fast as you can."
Combat Shenanigans
- Initiative: 1d20+3: [5]+3 = 8 (does not include +1 with NG-45LP or +1 with Thundergun, both are modded with hair triggers)
- APM: 7
- Automatic KO on natural 20; does not have to be declared (boxing)
- Critical Strike on unmodified roll of 18, 19, or 20
- +2 to spell strength

First actions (regardless of contingency):
1.) Cast Turn Dead on animated dead within 90' of the line -- turn 8d6: [6, 1, 2, 2, 1, 5, 4, 5] = 26 dead (6 PPE)
2.) Cast Turn Dead on animated dead within 90' of the line -- turn 8d6: [3, 2, 2, 5, 1, 5, 5, 1] = 24 dead (6 PPE)
3.) Cast Turn Dead on animated dead within 90' of the line -- turn 8d6: [3, 4, 3, 4, 2, 5, 4, 2] = 27 dead (6 PPE)
4.) Cast Turn Dead on animated dead within 90' of the line -- turn 8d6: [5, 5, 3, 6, 2, 3, 3, 4] = 31 dead (6 PPE)
5.) Cast Turn Dead on animated dead within 90' of the line -- turn 8d6: [2, 6, 6, 5, 3, 3, 6, 3] = 34 dead (6 PPE)
6.) Reserved for dodging. Dodge: 1d20+6 (includes storm penalty)

Remaining action -- if the army still appears to be largely/primarily/even partially animated dead:
7.) Cast Turn Dead on animated dead within 90' of the line -- turn 8d6: [4, 6, 2, 4, 4, 2, 4, 6] = 32 dead (6 PPE)

Remaining action -- if he sees something threatening close by that's not affected by the Turn Dead spells:
7a.) Shoot baddie within 1,200' with NG-45 LP. Strike: 1d20+4: [15]+4 = 19 (includes storm penalty), 5d6: [3, 5, 4, 1, 4] = 17 MD
7b.) Shoot obviously supernatural baddie within 200' with Thundergun. Strike: 1d20+4: [14]+4 = 18 (includes storm penalty), 5d6: [4, 6, 6, 5, 5] = 26 MD if target is practitioner or creature of magic, 1d6*10: [3]*10 = 30 MD if target is a supernatural being.
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1562
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Consumer »

Road to Redemption: A play in three parts, part one.
Time and Weather wrote:Location: In an unassuming flatland, just inside the Pecos Empire.
Date: April 6, 111 PA, 10:50:30 AM (15 seconds has passed)
Weather: 66°, Ley Line Storm (With Tornados).
Map
Mission Notes
Murdoc: No skills used.
Quinn: No skills used.
Leo: No skills used.
Teres: No skills used.
Jason: No skills used.
Dhaltuun:Lore: Demon (Id what types are most commonly used as fodder): Not a clue.
Lore: Undead (id enemy): Zombies.
Weapon Systems (ready railgun): Failure.
WP Heavy M.D. Weapons (use railgun): Not even a skill.
Language - Demogagion (yell at enemies): Language spoken.
Rufus: No skills used.
Rory: No skills used.


Rufus: 8
Leo: 3
Murdoc: None Rolled.
Rory: None Rolled.
Quinn: 0; Knocked Down by high winds.
Jason: 0; Knocked down by high winds.
Daltuun: 0; Knocked down by high winds.
Teres: None Rolled; Knocked down by High winds.


As the weather begins to turn and the horde is now on the group’s doorstep, Rufus begins rapidly casting the same spell several times, hoping to get the undead to flee. It seems to have a minimal effect as the horde arrayed against the templar is more made up of the demonic than the undead. That being said, it seems to have affected almost all or very close to it, a few small gaps in the mass can be seen as the undead break away. Rufus follows this up with a single shot of his thunder gun, striking some poor Alu Hound demon.

Leo, the lone man versus the horde it seems begins to give the demons approaching him a vicious beating with his hammer, only to lose his grip on the down swing, several blows hit him before he recovers his grip and continues to enact his legacy as a one man wrecking crew, concussive hell personified. Almost a dozen demons lay dead and broken before him, and more begin to fill the space they left. This leaves Leo too busy to notice the continuous stream of blood flowing from his nose.

Murdoc joins his friend in raining hell down on the heads of those arrayed against them. Alternating between mini-missiles, laser cannon blasts and thrown grenades. The effect is obvious with shattered demon bodies, littering the air and ground.

Rory takes a second to look for an optimal target, but settles on mass destruction, beginning to cast her spell, For several long moments she moves her hands in the precise motions while speaking the arcane words. Somehow miraculously nothing disrupts her in her casting. A football field sized area suddenly experiences what one could describe as an active volcanism, with earthquakes, gouts of steam and sulfur, and plumes of fire. Luckily for Rory, none of the enemies coming at them are immune to such damages.

Quinn gets knocked down by another gust of wind, but quickly recovers and adds her shots into the mess, even going so far as finishing off two of the wounded demons herself. So far her position is safe, but it’s only a matter of time before it’s not.

A particularly strong gust lays Jason flat, taking his momentum from him. He tries to play catchup by drawing his thunder gun and firing several powerful shots into the horde that is mere feet from him. He alternates this with two more explosive detonations.

Dhaltuun seems to come out of whatever fugue that kept him from acting previously, only to be caught by a gust of wind and knocked prone. A few moments later he’s back on his feet and making his way to the APC, only to find Jessie is already there. More wasted time as he makes his move to the Humvee to use it’a railgun. All the while Dhaltuun is cursing at the demons in their harsh tongue. He takes a moment to mess with the railgun, before finally shooting into the mass, finally doing some damage.

Teres much like Jason beside her, gets floored by the same gust of wind. Takes a moment to get back in position and look for something more worthwhile to shoot at, but finds no juicy targets, only Alu and Shedim. Teres fires her bow once with good precision, finishing off another demon, while lining up another shot.

Jessie in the APC’s cupola fires multiple bursts into the demon horde. For an amateur gunner she seems to doing fairly well, but given the target rich environment, it’s more like shooting fish in a barrel.

Behind the horde the half naked berzerkers seem content with melee carnage. When one expects Brom to do something, only finds that he has vanished from the field. Not that anyone really has time to think on it as the sky drops it’s newest surprise, a pair of tornadoes descend from the sky and begin moving in the general direction of the fight. The wind gusts pick up to over a hundred miles an hour, throwing debris everywhere.

The horde not only hits the groups positions, but makes an effort to get through it, but the wind walls, and carpets of adhesion do their work, holding them back for the moment. This doesn’t stop some of the team from getting damaged though as the horde is throwing weapons and spells at them. The situation looks desperate, but such are the tales of heroes.
Weather Note: Each round those without a Supernatural PS of 40+ must roll percentile dice, with a 50% chance of being knocked prone (-1 Attack, Lose Initiative), also all in the area are -3 to Strike, Parry, and dodge.

Combat Round 3

Butcher’s Bill
Jason: Armor Main Body: -16 M.D.C., (AOI; 80/74 MDC, 12 minutes duration), -3 shots Thunder gun
Rufus: -131 P.P.E. (AOI; 80/74 MDC, 12 minutes duration), -1 shot thunder gun
Dhaltuun: -106 P.P.E., Armor Main Body: -14 M.D.C.
Leo: Armor Main Body; -104 M.D.C., -40 rounds. (Armor Bizarre: Duration 7 minutes, 105/90 MDC, Horror Factor 12, attackers have -1 initiative), Blood Cursed.
Murdoc: V-SAM Main Body: -40 M.D.C., (AOI; 80/73 MDC, 12 minutes duration), -6 mini-missiles, -6 grenades.
Teres: -12 I.S.P. (AOI; 80/75 MDC, 12 minutes duration)
Quinn: Armor Main Body: -37 M.D.C., (AOI; 80/76 MDC, 12 minutes duration) -3 shots laser pistol
Jessie: Armor: -25 M.D.C.
Rory: Energy Sphere: 300/270 P.P.E.; Duration: 11.5 days, (Invincible Armor; Duration: 18 minutes, 75/75 M.D.C.)
Note: Vehicle damage/Ammo expenditures will be added to Mission notes..
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Leo
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Leo »

Perception 37% 1d100: [26] = 26

JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4
JIC: 1d100: [24] = 24

Conditions:
  • Armor Bizarre: Duration 7 minutes, 105 MDC, Horror Factor 12, attackers have -1 initiative
  • Blood Cursed
Leo, his fingers slipping on his hammer's grip in the rain, adjusts his grip and keeps swinging. This is like the fights in the arena where they'd chain me to another guy and send waves of fighters against us. The stakes are the same - kill or be killed. I guess. Maybe they're higher now, because who knows what hell gets unleashed if that necro gets Brom's relic.

He watches with satisfaction as he lays low nearly a dozen demons, and continues his defense of the line, swinging his hammer in wide arcs, the gravitic thunder peeling with every blow like a bell signifying doom, black tentacles snaking out from his body inciting a dread in his enemies.

He grins as the demons step close. "That's right... Keep coming!" they cannot see the subtle tremor in his hand, and he is unaware of the stream of blood from his nose, mingled as it is with his enemies' blood and the pouring rain.

NOTE: Weather effects (-3 strike, parry, and dodge) factored in to rolls below.

Initiative: 1d20+1: [2]+1 = 3

APM: 6

Action 1: Strike with Gravitic Wave Hammer 1d20+3: [8]+3 = 11 ; Damage: 9d6: [3, 4, 5, 6, 4, 1, 4, 3, 2] = 32 M.D. + 1d4*10: [2]*10 = 20 M.D. to a 20' area of effect
Action 2: Strike with Gravitic Wave Hammer 1d20+3: [14]+3 = 17 ; Damage: 9d6: [4, 6, 1, 3, 3, 2, 5, 1, 6] = 31 M.D. + 1d4*10: [4]*10 = 40 M.D. to a 20' area of effect
Action 3: Strike with Gravitic Wave Hammer 1d20+3: [4]+3 = 7 ; Damage: 9d6: [5, 2, 5, 4, 4, 2, 2, 4, 4] = 32 M.D. + 1d4*10: [2]*10 = 20 M.D. to a 20' area of effect
Action 4: Strike with Gravitic Wave Hammer 1d20+3: [16]+3 = 19 ; Damage: 9d6: [3, 3, 2, 1, 5, 5, 2, 3, 1] = 25 M.D. + 1d4*10: [3]*10 = 30 M.D. to a 20' area of effect
Action 5: Strike with Gravitic Wave Hammer 1d20+3: [7]+3 = 10 ; Damage: 9d6: [6, 5, 1, 2, 5, 6, 3, 5, 2] = 35 M.D. + 1d4*10: [2]*10 = 20 M.D. to a 20' area of effect
Action 6: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+5: [14]+5 = 19


Parries: 1) 1d20+7: [2]+7 = 9 ; 2) 1d20+7: [20]+7 = 27 (Nat. 20!); 3) 1d20+7: [20]+7 = 27 (Nat. 20!); 4) 1d20+7: [17]+7 = 24 ; 5) 1d20+7: [11]+7 = 18 ; 6) 1d20+7: [6]+7 = 13 ; 7) 1d20+7: [18]+7 = 25
Leo, Titan Juicer
Theme song: Thunderstruck - AC/DC
OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 570/1070

Titan Plate armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 79/195
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Teres Barton »

Perception: 1d100: [41] = 41 / 54%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [9] = 9 | 1d100: [81] = 81

Hmmm only one kill that volley she thinks while taking aim. Once she gets into her spot again looks for a target and lets loose, Gotta keep our melee safe and deal with casters. Since casters had no specific look the only hint she had was those that looked like they were casting. But with this mass that would be tough. So Teres was not picky. if a non-Caster officer/leader was there she would take that shot too.

Combat:
-19 or 20 is a critical hit for Teres with a bow
-she does not suffer the -6 to due motion/movement when using a bow.
-Prioritizing targeting on officer/leaders and casters as well)
Stability check: 1d100: [45] = 45 /50
Location: under the humvee (Prone)
Initiative: 1d20: [19] = 19
APM: 5
1. Perception to find a good target and keep track of Leo's location on the field. 1d100: [22] = 22 /54% (if she spots nothing too juicy she still shoots aimed to better avoid hitting Leo and cover his back)
2. Aimed Shots: +3 to Strike Bonus (costs 2 actions) Strike: 1d20+3: [20]+3 = 23 /Damage: 4d6: 4d6: [2, 4, 5, 4] = 15 * (30)
3. "-"
4. Aimed Shots: +3 to Strike Bonus (costs 2 actions) Strike: 1d20+3: [19]+3 = 22 /Damage: 4d6: 4d6: [6, 3, 2, 3] = 14 * (28)
5."-"
Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 62/77
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with overcoat
Legs: +12 with overcoat
Main Body: +28 with overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Right leg Quivers
Front: 4 explosives (2 light, 2 heavy), 1 smoke, 1 Flare
Side: 6 Wooden stake arrows
Left leg Quivers
Front: 4 explosives (2 light, 2 heavy), 1 smoke, 1 Flare
Side: 6 Wooden stake arrows
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Templar (PC)

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Murdoc »

Perception: 80%: 1d100: [64] = 64
JIC: 1d20: [6] = 6 1d100: [29] = 29
Attcks: 11
Init: 1d20+9: [10]+9 = 19
Skill Rolls
Read Sensory Equipment 70% 1d100: [98] = 98 (Track the incoming contacts)
Pilot: Robots and Power Armor 74%: 1d100: [6] = 6 (drive the PA)
Lore: Demons & Monsters 75%: 1d100: [53] = 53
Conditions:
V-SAM Main Body: 312/272 (AOI; 80/73 MDC, 12/11.75 minutes duration)
Grenade List
(2) Extinguish fire G-Bomb; (20' AOE, p.329, BoM)
(4) Smoke Grenades (20' to 40' AOE, -5 strike, parry, dodge; -1 init)
(0) Incendiary Grenade (2d4x10+20 SDC, 12'-24'; 1d6x10; 25'-36', 5d6; 37'-120', 2d6; Duration 10 melee rnds, Merc Ops p 123)
(5) Plasma Grenades (6d6 M.D., 12' AOE, Range: 120', GMG p 124)
(2) Dead-ball Grenade (3d6 M.D, 20' AoE, p.74, WB10)
(1) NE-10G Frag Grenades (4d6 M.D., 30' AoE, p.95, DB8)
(5) NE-10G HE Grenades (6d6 M.D., 12' AoE, p.95, DB8)
With the wind doing its best to topple everyone on the field, Murdoc refrains from tossing any more grenades or mini-missiles. Instead Murdoc plants his feet and steadies himself as best he can as he levels his cannon at the oncoming hoards. As he unleashes multiple bursts from his cannon, Murdoc focuses his fire on the demons that are still on their feet. This is a mess of a mess. I'll take a good old fashion gun fight with no weather throwing tornados at us. After this thought, Murdoc shouts over the wind, "Take out the ones still standing."

50% chance of being knocked prone: 1d100: [11] = 11
Atmospheric modifiers have been applied (-3 to Strike, Parry, and dodge)
1. QR-12A burst strike: 1d20+4: [6]+4 = 10 Dmg 1d4*10: [3]*10 = 30 MD
2. QR-12A burst strike: 1d20+4: [5]+4 = 9 Dmg 1d4*10: [2]*10 = 20 MD
3. QR-12A burst strike: 1d20+4: [19]+4 = 23 Dmg 1d4*10: [4]*10 = 40 MD
4. QR-12A burst strike: 1d20+4: [18]+4 = 22 Dmg 1d4*10: [4]*10 = 40 MD
5. QR-12A burst strike: 1d20+4: [12]+4 = 16 Dmg 1d4*10: [1]*10 = 10 MD
6. QR-12A burst strike: 1d20+4: [11]+4 = 15 Dmg 1d4*10: [2]*10 = 20 MD
7. QR-12A burst strike: 1d20+4: [2]+4 = 6 Dmg 1d4*10: [4]*10 = 40 MD
8. QR-12A burst strike: 1d20+4: [17]+4 = 21 Dmg 1d4*10: [4]*10 = 40 MD
9. QR-12A burst strike: 1d20+4: [1]+4 = 5 Dmg 1d4*10: [1]*10 = 10 MD
10. QR-12A burst strike: 1d20+4: [17]+4 = 21 Dmg 1d4*10: [2]*10 = 20 MD
11. QR-12A burst strike: 1d20+4: [3]+4 = 7 Dmg 1d4*10: [4]*10 = 40 MD

Auto-Dodge: 1d20: [12] = 12 , 1d20: [11] = 11 , 1d20: [7] = 7 , 1d20: [17] = 17 , 1d20: [7] = 7 , 1d20: [12] = 12 , 1d20: [7] = 7 , 1d20: [5] = 5 , 1d20: [10] = 10 , 1d20: [4] = 4 , 1d20: [19] = 19

If Murdoc takes more than two hits use Dodge/Parry as needed instead of auto-dodge

Just in case: (Parry +13 / Dodge +17) 1d20: [6] = 6 , 1d20: [17] = 17 , 1d20: [18] = 18 , 1d20: [11] = 11 , 1d20: [7] = 7 , 1d20: [20] = 20 , 1d20: [16] = 16 , 1d20: [18] = 18 , 1d20: [5] = 5 , 1d20: [4] = 4 , 1d20: [15] = 15
Travis Murdoc

OOC Comments
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Rory
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:35 am

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Rory »

Perception: 1d100: 1d100: [41] = 41 / 21%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [19] = 19 | 1d100: [43] = 43
Initiative 1d20: 1d20: [18] = 18

Rory growls at the storm as the winds continue to buffet her body.
And if a house flies out of that storm and lands on top of Brittiwhat'shisname, I wouldn't be at all surprised. I bags the ruby slippers.

Avoiding being knocked prone: 1d100: [94] = 94

She aims her rune musket at the enemy, prioritizing any enemies that get close.

(Atmospheric modifiers applied)
Action 1: Fire rune musket: 1d20-6: [14]-6 = 8 Damage(if applicable): 6d6: [1, 4, 3, 5, 5, 5] = 23
Action 2: Fire rune musket: [roll]1d20-6[/roll] Damage(if applicable): 6d6: [5, 1, 6, 3, 1, 5] = 21
Action 3: Fire rune musket: 1d20-6: [10]-6 = 4 Damage(if applicable): 6d6: [6, 5, 2, 5, 6, 5] = 29
Action 4: Fire rune musket: 1d20-6: [7]-6 = 1 Damage(if applicable): 6d6: [2, 4, 6, 3, 4, 6] = 25

Rory
Status
-Current Hit Points: 39/39
-Current SDC: 25/25
-Current PPE: 140/140
-Invincible armor: 75MDC (-15 to prowl/climb/swim) [regenerates 1d6MDC/melee, 1/2 dmg from all energy attacks, lasts 3min/lvl of caster]

Armor: High Magus armor
Helmet: 45
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 30 each
Main Body: 50

Weapons:
Slung over back: Nuhr rune musket rifle
Range: 1,600'
Damage: 6D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 50 blasts (minus the 4 shots this round)
Weight: 8.5 lbs.
Features: Costs 40 P.P.E. to reload
Modifiers: P.S. <26: -3 to strike

Utility belt: Vibro-axe
Range: Close Combat
Damage: 2D6 M.D.
Payload: 1 E-Clip will last approximately 1 hour
Weight: 4 lbs

Energy sphere: 270PPE -160PPE = 110PPE
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 343
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Jason Long »

Perception: 71% / 1d100: [45] = 45 %
JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9 / 1d100: [64] = 64

Skills:
Wind check: 1d100: [19] = 19 %

Jason slides back into position, trying, successfully so far, not to get disheartened by the horde. The tornados' appearance causes a bit of a maniacal gleam to come unseen to his eyes. A storm, horde's of enemies, no artillery or reinforcements, why not a couple of tornados. At least they won'
t be taking sides.


"Templar, " he calls out over the radio, some of the mania creeping into his voice, "back-up is here. Now if only those twisters know what side they are on."

Jason settles down and resumes firing the Thundergun, still hoping to see one of the enemy leaders. Maybe if we take them out, the summoned creatures will lose interest He continues triggering mines when useful. As he fires the last of this cylinder, he opts for a 'New York Reload", holstering the Thundergun and drawing his NG-45 instead of taking the time to reload the revolver.

Initiative: 1d20+4: [12]+4 = 16
6 APM:
1: Fire Thundergun at appropriate target or trigger mine, 1d20+3: [20]+3 = 23 To Hit, 5d6: [2, 1, 4, 1, 6] = 14 MD or 1d6*10: [2]*10 = 20 MD
2: Fire Thundergun at appropriate target or trigger mine, 1d20+3: [1]+3 = 4 To Hit, 5d6: [5, 2, 6, 3, 4] = 20 MD or 1d6*10: [1]*10 = 10 MD
3: Fire Thundergun at appropriate target or trigger mine, 1d20+3: [20]+3 = 23 To Hit, 5d6: [5, 4, 6, 3, 5] = 23 MD or 1d6*10: [5]*10 = 50 MD
4: switch to NG-45
5: Fire NG-45 at appropriate target or trigger mine, 1d20+2: [7]+2 = 9 To Hit, 5d6: [5, 4, 3, 4, 4] = 20 MD
6: Fire NG-45 at appropriate target or trigger mine, 1d20+2: [2]+2 = 4 To Hit, 5d6: [4, 3, 5, 1, 2] = 15 MD
Jason Long
OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1562
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Consumer »

Road to Redemption: A play in three parts, part one.
Time and Weather wrote:Location: In an unassuming flatland, just inside the Pecos Empire.
Date: April 6, 111 PA, 10:59 AM (9 minutes have passed)
Weather: 66°, Clear skies.
Map
Mission Notes
Murdoc: No skills used.
Quinn: No skills used.
Leo: No skills used.
Teres: No skills used.
Jason: No skills used.
Dhaltuun: No skills used.
Rufus: No skills used.
Rory: No skills used.


Rory braces against the wind while switching to her musket and begins shooting at the demon horde that has gotten very close, clawing at the sides of the truck she’s standing on. Even with the weather working against her, Rory manages to hit a few, but given the target-rich environment, it’s more surprising that two of her shots miss entirely.

Leo continues to orchestrate as the conductor of death, his hammer raining crescendos of explosive gravity waves and splashes of blood and viscera. Leo is no stranger to prolonged conflicts, but he’s surprised that he’s feeling the aches of a hard battle already, surely the cocktail running through his blood has compensated.

Teres tries to steady herself against the wind, but finds herself laid flat once more. A moment later she’s back to looking for something worth shooting, but only can see a wall of Alu and Shedim scrabbling for their blood. The wall of bodies pressing forward is so thick that she can’t even see Leo at this point. Two shots from Teres’ bow leave a wounded Shedim dead.

Murdoc’s Violator SAMAS is unable to compensate for the increased winds, going for a tumble. The experienced mercenary manages to quickly get back to his feet and get back to firing. Murdoc almost finds the situation ridiculous as it is almost impossible for him to not hit a target with the bursts of laser fire. Several demons lay dead after a prolonged flurry of laser pulses.

Much like Teres next to him Jason finds the wind too much, and is flattened once more. A moment later he’s back up, and triggering the last of the mines, which clear up some of the area for at least several seconds before the mod fills back in. Jason fires what remains in his Thundergun, slaying another demon who seemed unwounded when he started. Jason also manages to drop his pistol and draw his NG-45LP, getting one last shot in.

Rufus, Quinn, Jessie, and Dhaltuun, are knocked about by the wind, before laying down support in the manner of Railgun and laser fire. While the horde does seem to be thinning, it’s hard to feel a sense of accomplishment as the situation just seems to go from bad to worse every fifteen seconds.

The demons continue to hurl attacks at the Templar scoring what one could call minor hits, the vehicles take the brunt of the incoming attacks as the demon horde tries to get over them and past Leo. In the background the Tornados move with almost a malevolent intent. Demons and zombies are caught up in the cyclones and hurled into the morning sky, then the unthinkable happens, one of the Tornadoes gets very close to the Templar’s position. Leo has no chance to think as he and the demons surrounding him are just sucked up into the air. Everyone tries their best to hold on as the vehicles begin sliding as the tornado almost catches them, the Combat truck and Humvee are flung off their wheel’s for a moment, before coming to a rest on their sides. The APC shifts several feet, only to be arrested by the nearby carpet of adhesion. As the wind seems like it is going to grab Jason and Teres, the gusts tumble them into one of the other carpets, keeping them earthbound.

For what seems like forever, the only sounds the group can hear is the absolute roar of wind, even over sound dampening, it is deafening. Then when it seems almost impossible to breathe it stops. The Tornados just cease to exist, and that which was caught up in them comes raining down across the countryside. Leo plummets to the earth like a meteor, with what only he can tell is a bone crunching thud. By the time the Templar can look up, they see the battlefield is in shambles, only a few demons remain, and they’re being chased by half naked screaming barbarians. To the north, the town of sanctuary is gone, and if one squints through the dust and smoke, they can see a single shabby robed man hobbling back to the group.

GM Note: You are out of combat, unless you really want to go after the remaining demons. But the Valhallan Berzerkers will finish the job, before vanishing like mist.

What are your Intentions?

Butcher’s Bill
Jason: Armor Main Body: -28 M.D.C., AOI Destroyed, -3 shots Thunder gun
Rufus: -131 P.P.E., Armor: -15 M.D.C., AOI Destroyed, -1 shot thunder gun
Dhaltuun: -106 P.P.E., Armor Main Body: -27 M.D.C.
Leo: -500 S.D.C., Armor Main Body; -116 M.D.C., -40 rounds. Armor Bizarre destroyed, Blood Cursed.
Murdoc: V-SAM Main Body: -44 M.D.C., AOI destroyed, -6 mini-missiles, -6 grenades.
Teres: -12 I.S.P., Armor: -12 M.D.C., AOI Destroyed
Quinn: Armor Main Body: -51 M.D.C., AOI Destroyed, -3 shots laser pistol
Jessie: Armor: -38 M.D.C.
Rory: Energy Sphere: 300/270 P.P.E.; Duration: 11.5 days, (Invincible Armor; Duration: 18 minutes, 75/75 M.D.C.)
Note: Vehicle damage/Ammo expenditures will be added to Mission notes..
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Leo
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Leo »

Perception 37% 1d100: [65] = 65

JIC: 1d20: [7] = 7
JIC: 1d100: [94] = 94

Conditions:
  • Blood Cursed
Jason wrote:"Templar, back-up is here. Now if only those twisters know what side they are on."
Leo hears the message, but he is too busy fighting to respond. In the distance he thinks he sees a horde of naked marauders and he can only assume that's the backup Jason was talking about, but he can't spare them any attention as demons close in on every side.

As he hammers away at them, he begins to feel the ache creep in - a feeling he's not felt since his juicer conversion, with very few exceptions. One time he remembered feeling pain since then was a particularly difficult fight in the arena. They'd had him fighting a trio in power armor, and while he'd engage one, two others would engage at range, hammering him with railgun rounds. He eventually got the better of them, but the fight had nearly killed him. for days afterward, as his juicer chemicals healed his broken body, he'd felt this ache.

I dunno what this is, he thinks. I'm not that badly hurt yet... Something's off.

Not able to spend a lot of time thinking about it, however, he continues to work on his enemies, hammering away at the waves of them until something gives, mud and blood covering him. "Come on, you bastards, co..." He finds his words choked off as the wind suddenly increases.

Suddenly, in the midst of the fighting, Leo sees some demons and zombies getting sucked up into the air. He reaches back to grab hold of something - one of the vehicles, perhaps, or a tree - but finds nothing. In the fighting he had shifted position, his back no longer against the vehicles but instead, a good dozen to 20 feet ahead. With nothing to anchor him, even his massive weight is no match for a tornado, and it scoops the big juicer into the air like nothing. Tumbling, Leo slams his eyes shut and pulls his hammer across his body - to perhaps act as a makeshift shield from other debris.

His mouth open in a silent scream - the wind stealing the sound from his lungs, he flies one, two, three circuits of the funnel cloud, being slammed into other debris and generally going-ass-over-elbows the whole way, before the tornado spits him out like a round from a railgun. He careens through the air, a massive meat projectile - an ungainly, spinning mass of akimbo limbs connected to a too-large torso - and when he connects with the earth he leaves a deep furrow in it, before a rock propels him skyward again, briefly, before a second impact with the earth leaves a second, smaller furrow. He comes to rest in the earth - his hammer some 10 or 11 feet away, sticking straight out of the ground by its handle as if it were a spear.

He groans, and pushes himself onto his back, and lays there. To an onlooker, he might appear dead, until they saw him breathing. Alive, but in pain.

Cautiously, Leo opens his eyes. The storm is gone... the few remaining demons being run off. Did... did we do it? He stays put, laying in his own impact crater, too tired right now to move, caked with drying mud and blood.

If anyone comes to check on him, all he says is "I'm tired, boss. Dog tired."
Leo, Titan Juicer
Theme song: Thunderstruck - AC/DC
OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 570/1070

Titan Plate armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 79/195
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Templar (PC)

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Murdoc »

Perception: 80%: 1d100: [10] = 10
JIC: 1d20: [18] = 18 1d100: [49] = 49
Skill Rolls
Read Sensory Equipment 70% 1d100: [92] = 92 (Track the fleeing monsters)
Pilot: Robots and Power Armor 74%: 1d100: [10] = 10 (drive the PA)
First Aid 65%: 1d100: [15] = 15 (Check Leo)
Conditions:
V-SAM Main Body: 312/268
Grenade List
(2) Extinguish fire G-Bomb; (20' AOE, p.329, BoM)
(4) Smoke Grenades (20' to 40' AOE, -5 strike, parry, dodge; -1 init)
(0) Incendiary Grenade (2d4x10+20 SDC, 12'-24'; 1d6x10; 25'-36', 5d6; 37'-120', 2d6; Duration 10 melee rnds, Merc Ops p 123)
(5) Plasma Grenades (6d6 M.D., 12' AOE, Range: 120', GMG p 124)
(2) Dead-ball Grenade (3d6 M.D, 20' AoE, p.74, WB10)
(1) NE-10G Frag Grenades (4d6 M.D., 30' AoE, p.95, DB8)
(5) NE-10G HE Grenades (6d6 M.D., 12' AoE, p.95, DB8)

Murdoc glances left and right, taking a cursory count of their group before the whine of his engines keys up and he bends a knee before launching himself into the air. Making a tight loop he surveys the battlefield and mass of destruction and dead monsters that lay scattered about by the ley line storm and its tornadoes. Ah, frak. The vehicles will need to be righted. I hope being on their side doesn't foul the fuel systems. What the hell left that gouge in the.....FRAK, is that Leo?

Spotting the abnormally large man but rather regular sized Titan Juicer at the end of a furrowed tract in the earth, Murdoc swoops down like a rocket. Flaring his wings and jets at the last moment, he lands about twenty feet away and rushes over to the fallen man. With his external PA on, he calls out, "LEO! LEO! You better not be dead. Cuz I'll be the one carrying your oversized ass."
Giant paper Weight wrote:"I'm tired, boss. Dog tired."
Murdoc kneels down and checks Leo over. "Well hold still. Let me check you over and see if your flying lesson left you with any new appendages or something out of place." Murdoc spends the next few minutes administering what first aid he can to the giant of a man. "Well, that's about all I can do here. Lets get you back over to the group." Murdoc gives Leo an appraising look then pops open his armor's faceplate. With a grinon his face he says, "Hold still Sugarbear. You move too much and we'll likely take a tumble and you really ain't my type." With that said he scoops up Leo and makes his way back to the group carrying the man that about the same size as the PA he's driving.

As the carries Leo back to the encampment they made, Murdoc clicks on his comms and says, "I got Leo. He's alive but he's had the drek beat out of him. It's gonna take his rig a while to heal him up and he may need some help even then."
Travis Murdoc

OOC Comments
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 282
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar
Contact:

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Rufus »

Perception: 1d100<83: [2*] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [16] = 16 / 1d100: [78] = 78

Conditions:
- PPE: 147/303 before spellcasting below
- Sustain: about a week remaining
- Wall of Winds (2): 80' long x 48' high each | equal to SN PS of 40
- Carpets of Adhesion (3): 14' x 14' each
- Armor of Ithan: 0/80 MDC
- Medium Concealed Ley Line Walker Armor: 45/60 MDC
- NG-45LP: 6/8 shots left in current clip (estimated)
- Thundergun: 4/6 shots remaining (estimated)

Despite his best efforts and temporary superhuman strength, Rufus feels himself tossed about by the ever-worsening weather. "Tell me again how this storm's supposed to HELP us?????" he tries to shout over the howling winds as he gets knocked down and skidding about. This must be how laundry must feel in the dryer... he grumbles to himself as he tries to steady himself enough to squeeze off a couple of supporting shots from his pistols.

As it is, he's nearly convinced at least three times that the Templars' collective numbers are up as one of the tornadoes gets way too close for comfort... and then... nothing. The winds. The storm. Everything but the sounds of distant combat winding down and the sickening thuds of bodies hitting the ground -- which causes an ancient, angry sounding song to momentarily run through Rufus' mind.

"Nočem... tega bi bilo treba ponoviti... vsaj še en teden..." he pants to himself as he slowly, painfully, levers himself out of the mud and muck of their impromptu battlefield.
"I don't... want to have to do that again... for at least... another week..."


He's looking around the remnants of the battle when he sees Murdoc helping Leo back to the group.
Murdoc wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:17 pm"I got Leo. He's alive but he's had the drek beat out of him. It's gonna take his rig a while to heal him up and he may need some help even then."
"Here, prijatelj, bring him to me..." Rufus calls back and makes his way to meet up with the two as steadily (or not) as he can muster until he can get his land legs back under him. "I'm no doc, and Quinn will definitely need to take a look at you, but hold still a moment..." He places a hand on Leo's massive shoulder (or chest, or wherever seems to be most battered) and begins muttering words that aren't so much heard as they are felt as healing magical energy flows into the big guy's body.

I'm Not A Doctor, But I Play One on TV...
OOC: Casting 3 Heal Wounds spells at 10 PPE each.
- #1: 3d6: [2, 2, 1] = 5 SDC | 1d6: [6] = 6 Hit Points
- #2: 3d6: [1, 4, 4] = 9 SDC | 1d6: [5] = 5 Hit Points
- #3: 3d6: [2, 3, 5] = 10 SDC | 1d6: [1] = 1 Hit Points
"There..." he adds when the spells are cast. "May not be much, but hopefully this helps stabilize you until your harness can do its job and the doc can do hers." Speaking of... he thinks to himself as he hits his comlink.

"Alright, Templar! Sound off! Who's not dead? Who needs help? And who do we have to thank for those half-naked newcomers mopping things up for us out there? Dhal, was that your doing? Or did Njord get your message after all?"

((OOC -- Radio: Basic 1d100<87: [16*] = 1 ))

If anyone needs immediate assistance he'll render as much as he can with healing spells, etc., and will cast Superhuman Strength on himself again if need be to help get the vehicles back on their wheels/tracks. He'll also make sure any straggling demons/zombies trapped on the carpets of adhesion are well and truly dead before dispelling them (with point-blank coup-de-grace shots from either pistol) and will also cancel out the walls of wind if it appears the threat from the undead/demonic horde is no more.
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Teres Barton »

Perception: 1d100: [9] = 9 / 54%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [18] = 18 | 1d100: [63] = 63

skills: used as she searches for anything interesting. (armour, weapons and such)
Detect Ambush 1d100: [48] = 48 / 40%
Detect Concealment 1d100: [50] = 50 / 35%
Trap & Mine Detection 1d100: [94] = 94 / 30%
Field Armorer & Munitions Expert 1d100: [18] = 18 / 45%
Basic Electronics 1d100: [17] = 17 / 35%
Basic Mechanics 1d100: [78] = 78 / 35%

Getting up off the ground she thinks how it was good for them as well as pinning the enemy. Handy, we will need to use it to climb up walls with. all we need to is stick things on the surface we can grab on to or make a stairway to walk on.

"We have movement..Boss, do we do? shoot first or ask questions? This is your outfit.." she points to the direction and readies the Tesla bow. If the Shambler poses no threat continues scrounging the dead.

"I am going to make sure they are dead and not just faking it to get us unaware and such. I could use a free body to help if anyone wants to join me." Teres says as she looks about carefully. Teres uses See Aura, See invisible and sense presence and looks for survivors, confirm the dead and anything left behind on a body that might be of use. A common trick was to fake being dead to gain surprise and avoid being spotted. She heard stories in CS days about CS troopers hiding under dead bodies and burying creatures that were demons and dug their way out later. She also might find items that are useful or valuable they could use. The demons o other enemy units might have had messages that recruited them.
Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 62/77
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with overcoat
Legs: +12 with overcoat
Main Body: +28 with overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Right leg Quivers
Front: 4 explosives (2 light, 2 heavy), 1 smoke, 1 Flare
Side: 6 Wooden stake arrows
Left leg Quivers
Front: 4 explosives (2 light, 2 heavy), 1 smoke, 1 Flare
Side: 6 Wooden stake arrows
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
User avatar
Rory
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:35 am

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Rory »

Perception: 1d100: 1d100: [77] = 77 / 21%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [5] = 5 | 1d100: [28] = 28
Initiative 1d20: 1d20: [16] = 16

Rory looks around at the devastation.

"How the h... I mean, how did we survive that?"

She clambers slowly to her feet, and wanders over to the other Nuhr dwarf. On the way, she slings the rune musket over her back again.

"It's good to see ye. Haven't seen any others for a few years now. How's the Harbour holding up, do ye know?"

She peers at the large man who'd done such a good impression of a cannonball.

"Does he do that often? Actually, fer that matter, do ye think it'd be appropriate to offer medical assistance to yer friends? I mean, I've only just met ye, and I'd prefer not ta overstep me bounds, ye ken?"

Anyone listening would notice that her accent strengthens as she talks to Dhaltuun. She fidgets a little, and she seems quite intent on the conversation, but every now and then her eyes flick around, as if reassuring herself that nothing was too close to her.

Rory
Status
-Current Hit Points: 39/39
-Current SDC: 25/25
-Current PPE: 140/140
-Invincible armor: 75MDC (-15 to prowl/climb/swim) [regenerates 1d6MDC/melee, 1/2 dmg from all energy attacks, lasts 3min/lvl of caster]

Armor: High Magus armor
Helmet: 45
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 30 each
Main Body: 50

Weapons:
Slung over back: Nuhr rune musket rifle
Range: 1,600'
Damage: 6D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 50 blasts (currently 46)
Weight: 8.5 lbs.
Features: Costs 40 P.P.E. to reload
Modifiers: P.S. <26: -3 to strike

Utility belt: Vibro-axe
Range: Close Combat
Damage: 2D6 M.D.
Payload: 1 E-Clip will last approximately 1 hour
Weight: 4 lbs

Energy sphere: 110PPE
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 343
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Jason Long »

Perception:72% / 1d100: [19] = 19
JIC: 1d20: [8] = 8 / 1d100: [61] = 61

Unable to hold his position, Jason tumbles across the ground. The freight train roar of the tornados is deafening, even through his armor. He has a moment to catch his breath when the Carpet of Adhesion stops him. An abstract part of his mind notes it, So, that's what those thing feel like. Knowing the strength of the spell, Jason doesn't struggle. He takes deep breaths to calm himself and watches the storm's affect on the Templar. He sees Leo's crash, hoping the armor kept him alive. After what seems like an eternity, the storms blows out and Jason can see his team picking themselves up. He sees the remaining enemies being hounded by....someone.

"Leo, are you alive in there?", Jason calls to the downed suit in time to hear Leo's reply,
Leo wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:20 am I'm tired, boss. Dog tired.
"Sit tight, help is on the way"

"All Templar, check in! Who is hurt and how badly? The APC is still upright. Use it for triage until we can get any injured stable. "

Jason tries to get up, momentarily forgetting the spell holding him down. "Rufus, if you wouldn't mind? " He chuckles to himself before turning his head to the man he takes to be Brom. Jason calls out, "I take it your idea worked?"
Jason Long
OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 282
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar
Contact:

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Rufus »

((rolls held over))
Jason Long wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:17 am"Rufus, if you wouldn't mind? "
"Working on it, boss..." Rufus replies as he nudges some corpses' heads with the muzzle of his pistols. "Just making sure all these dead bodies are going to stay dead." He squeezes off a couple more blasts from his NG-45LP into one that still looks a bit iffy. "Hold what you got and I'll have you unstuck in a moment." Perhaps I should have said 'stick around' instead... he grins to himself.

Once he's satisfied that the only live catches on his magical flypaper are Templar members, he holsters his pistols and dissipates the carpets as well as the wind walls with a wave of his hand.
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1562
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: The Road to Redemption: A play in three parts (Part One)

Post by Consumer »

Road to Redemption: A play in three parts, part one.
Time and Weather wrote:Location: In an unassuming flatland, just inside the Pecos Empire.
Date: April 6, 111 PA, 10:59 AM (9 minutes have passed)
Weather: 66°, Clear skies.
Map
Mission Notes
Murdoc: Read Sensory Equipment (Track the fleeing monsters): Answer unclear, Try again later.
Pilot: Robots and Power Armor (drive the PA): You don’t trip and fall.
First Aid (Check Leo): 10 miles of bad road, but he’ll live it seems.
Quinn: No skills used.
Leo: No skills used.
Teres: Detect Ambush Looks clear.
Detect Concealment Maybe several feet under the dirt, but not on the surface.
Trap & Mine Detection Nope, swing and a miss.
Field Armorer & Munitions Expert What few pieces of battered metal you find are rather mundane and generally worthless.
Basic Electronics Nothing to see here.
Basic Mechanics Nothing to see.
Jason: No skills used.
Dhaltuun: No skills used.
Rufus: No skills used.
Rory: No skills used.


The group is still trying to come to grips with what they had just endured. Murdoc is one of the first to physically respond as he moves out to help Leo to his feet and even go as far as carrying the large Titan juicer, a laughable experience if the severity of the situation wasn’t present. Leo infers a deep exhaustion to Murdoc, who looks over Leo, but finds him generally in okay shape.

Before anyone who was stuck in the Carpet of Adhesion can react, Rufus looks about for any living demons or undead, but doesn’t see any, as all the ones who died have dissipated as is normal for them. Rufus is sure the violence of the tornado and being caught stationary did them much harm. Releasing the spell allows the others the ability to get up. Teres immediately begins pointing her bow at what is likely Brom, as it has all the same characteristics as their employer. No one answers her immediate question, so she goes about looking for loot, but doesn’t find anything of value.

From the group's guess, the debris of the battlefield is likely spread out over several square miles now. They also see the final demons in the distance put to sword and axe, before the berserkers themselves evaporate into mist as well, their task finished. This is followed by Brom limping into the area as well. ”Well that was more than a little exciting.” The old man says with a very dry chuckle. ”Looks like you all came out of it whole more or less, that’s good.” Brom says looking at the collected Templar.
”I’ll be honest I don’t have much for you all in the sense of conversation. Mission was successful, and the package was sealed away, so now I can worry about the next issue, but that’s for me. For you comes rewards and glory I suppose.” Brom says, while digging in his pocket for something.

He pulls out a palm sized replica of a treasure chest, and promptly tosses it on the ground. A few moments pass before the miniature begins to grow to the size of a sea chest. Brom crouches down next to it with much cracking and groaning. ”Alright I promised money and treasures, so let’s get that out of the way.” He says as he pulls an envelope out and hands it to Jason. ”Confirmation code for the payment through MercOps.” Brom says as he goes back to digging. ”Also for you Mister Long.” He says as he hands Jason a intricately knotted braid of hair held together with what Jason only can think of as a wedding band. ”The Knotted Hair Talisman, proof that love conquers all.” Brom says with a soft chuckle and a warm smile.

”Mister Milton, an honor to see one of your strength. So for you I offer the Hammer amulet, a symbol of Thor’s might.” Brom says as he hands Leo a intricately detailed amulet of a hammer with runes covering it. ”Rufus, you’re a trickster and a potent mage, for you a gift from another trickster.” Brom says, Rufus can’t shake that the man was going to say his actual name versus his more common moniker. He hands Rufus a Large canine tooth bound in a leather cord. ”Mister Murdoc, a charm for you to shatter even the toughest defense.” Brom says as he hands Murdoc a talisman made of a shard of broken armor. ”Mister Onyxforge, A draught of the finest mead, traded among the greatest bards in history.” Brom says as he hands Dhaltuun a small bottle of amber liquid. ”Miss Teres, an unusual item from my collection, A fishing reel, I’m sure you’ll find many uses for it.” Brom says as he hands over an antique fishing reel with some manner of natural cordage for the string. ”And finally for you good Doctor Tuttel, these bandages. You will find them very convenient in the act of healing.” Brom says as he hands a roll of natural looking gauze bandages to Quinn. Brom looks to Rory. ”And for you my dear, I offer a scroll of knowledge.” Brom says as he hands over a hefty sized scroll of parchment over to her.

”My time here grows short, but I can answer questions if you have them.” Brom says as he shrinks his magical chest and puts it back into his pocket.

What are your Intentions?

Butcher’s Bill
Jason: Armor Main Body: -28 M.D.C, -5 shots Thunder gun
Rufus: -131 P.P.E., Armor: -15 M.D.C., -1 shot thunder gun
Dhaltuun: -106 P.P.E., Armor Main Body: -27 M.D.C.
Leo: -500 S.D.C., Armor Main Body; -116 M.D.C., -40 rounds. Blood Cursed.
Murdoc: V-SAM Main Body: -44 M.D.C., -6 mini-missiles, -6 grenades.
Teres: -12 I.S.P., Armor: -12 M.D.C.,
Quinn: Armor Main Body: -51 M.D.C., -3 shots laser pistol
Jessie: Armor: -38 M.D.C.
Rory: Energy Sphere: 300/270 P.P.E.; Duration: 11.5 days.
Note: Vehicle damage/Ammo expenditures will be added to Mission notes..
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Post Reply

Return to “Templar Adventure Forum”