Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

If supernatural evil feels persecuted, you can bet the Templar are responsible.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1622
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Consumer »

Road to Redemption: A play in three parts, part two.
Time and Weather wrote:Location: Milton Homestead (approximately 110 miles from Odessa, Approximately 60 miles south of CS Lonestars actual border)
Date: April 7, 111 PA, 5:00 PM (8 hour has passed)
Weather: High 70°, Low 30°; Clear skies.
Map
Image

Mission Notes
Murdoc: No skills used.
Leo: No skills used.
Teres: No skills used.
Jason: No skills used.
Dhaltuun: No skills used.
Rufus: No skills used.
Rory: No skills used.


Teres talks with Jason about Bonaparte, Rory joins in to talk about what spells she has scrolls for, and Leo kind of watches the whole thing. A brief plan of watches and folk using Bonaparte’s radar/comm suite goes on. Of the folk in the Milton Homestead, only three are proficient in sensory equipment; Victoria, Artemis, and Chloe. Rufus seems to get the hint and makes himself useful, depleting his extra P.P.E. and half of his personal reserves to provide Fire Globes, and wood for the trench.

Meanwhile Dhaltuun puts his earth elemental to work, having it help the folk digging the trench excavate dirt. Murdoc seems to be still elbow deep in his explosives work, and Jessie, is still sitting in one of the towers looking out over the plain. Around noon, a quick lunch of cold meat sandwiches and cut veggies makes the work bearable. Around five o’clock the ranch hands head back inside, the trench mostly done due to the help of the Earth Elemental. Dinner is a somber affair, without much conversation, it appears that everyone is exhausted from the day's labors.

Those who watch the radar and comms, nothing of particular interest happens. No flying things even come up on the radar, and on the ground it all seems quiet. Occasional movement on the edge, but if asked, the Milton’s mention that it’s in the direction of their nearest neighbors. So as evening approaches the land around seems quiet.

GM Note; Not much to work with from your posts so it’s business as usual. If no one else has any plans to offer I’m going to fast forward it even further. Now is the time to make plans and enact them. If you feel you’ve done everything you could, then I will move to the next major event. ~Consumer

Butcher’s Bill
Jason: Armor Main Body: -28 M.D.C, -5 shots Thunder gun
Rufus: P.P.E. -151, Armor: -15 M.D.C., -1 shot thunder gun
Dhaltuun: Energy Sphere: 300/100, Armor Main Body: -27 M.D.C.
Leo: -500 S.D.C., Armor Main Body; -116 M.D.C., -40 rounds. Blood Cursed.
Murdoc: V-SAM Main Body: -44 M.D.C., -6 mini-missiles, -6 grenades.
Teres:Armor: -12 M.D.C.,
Quinn: Armor Main Body: -51 M.D.C., -3 shots laser pistol
Jessie: Armor: -38 M.D.C.
Rory: Energy Sphere: 300/300.
Note: Vehicle damage/Ammo expenditures will be added to Mission notes..
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Leo
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Leo »

Perception 37% 1d100: [51] = 51

JIC: 1d20: [10] = 10
JIC: 1d100: [66] = 66

Conditions:
  • Blood Cursed
Leo helps his family and friends shore up the farm's defenses as evening approaches. At dinner, he sits next to his mom, and chats with her, steering the topic away from his enslavement at the hands of the Splugorth, and instead telling stories of his new friends, the Templar, and asking about what's been going on at the farm.

She seems as tired as I've been feeling lately, he thinks. A beat later: Something is seriously wrong with me. He does not tell her the things he's wanted to say to her over the past three years. The desperation, the loneliness, the self-loathing. The people he's had to kill. All the times he's nearly died. When he was a child, she was always there, always strong. Now, she is fragile. It's his turn to be strong.

He looks around the table at his new friends and old, and his family. The Templar took me in when I was on the run, without even a second thought. They're good people, through and through. And the family is still out here on Dad's farm... some of us older kids have drifted off, and some have stayed... but we're still here, still working the land like Dad taught us. He spares a glance at Konnor. Some of us, anyhow. Others are working the con. Konnor, you're gonna get yourself killed, and maybe get others killed in the process. Why, your whole life, you always gotta try to find the easy road, when you can't see the danger, is beyond me. When are you gonna wise up?

He turns back to his meal. Hungry as he usually is, he finds he is barely able to finish his meal. He masks his grave concerns, however, with laughter and joking, finding the joy in being home again, even with a storm on the horizon. We can weather it together. We always have.

At the end of the meal, he stands and walks over to Jason and the Templar. "I'm gonna have a quick nap - won't need much, you know. Then I'll take watch."

Leo sleeps for four hours, and then, his body, torn between the chemicals juicing him, and his newfound bone-tiredness, wrenches itself awake. Leo straps on his armor and jetpack, and takes a position on the wall, hammer strapped to his battle harness and railgun in hand, watching for threats.

He feels as he used to feel in the gladiatorial arena, just as they were about to introduce him and his opponent, before he knew what he'd be facing.
Memory wrote:The scarred Titan Juicer stands in the shadows, looking out into the arena. It's periphery protected by a light-blue force field, invisible unless you were looking for it, with the harsh sun beating down on the packed earth and sand floor. He could hear the voice of the announcer echoing through the stone corridors.

"GENTLEBEINGS! We have collected for you today some of the fiercest combatants in the Megaverse!!!" He could hear the rumble of the crowd going wild.

"YESSS! We have such treats for you today, such masterpieces of violence lay in wait! For our first bout, we have a human, augmented by science into a monster that repulses even his own kind!!" Leo frowned. Do I? Am I repulsive? He looked down at his body, ridiculously enlarged by the Titan Juicer process.

The crowd began jeering, stomping. The adrenaline of his body activating his juicer rig, Leo's hands began to tremble. He gripped his battle-hammer.

"But he has found a home here in our arena! YESSS! We do not care how repulsive he is!!! We only care what violence he can bring to entertain us!! BEHOLD!!!"

The stone began to rumble now, as the portcullis door - mostly for show, began to raise. Simultaneously, a portal appears in the barrier forcefield to allow him through. He stepped into the light, stomach uneasy, hands still quivering.

"He has no name! But the other gladiators FEAR him! His blows are SEISMIC... and they call him... QUAKE!!!!"

Leo flushed. They do call me 'Quake'... but it's not out of fear. He looked down at his trembling hand - it would not be visible from the stands except to the very keen of eyesight but his fellow gladiators knew it well.
The memory passed, Leo feels his hand trembling on the handle of his railgun. He grips it tighter, and continues to scan the horizon.

When Teres approaches he offers her a reassuring smile.
Teres wrote:"Nice view from up here. How are you holding up? Is there anything more exciting than angry prairie dogs out there yet?"
"Oh the prairie dogs are angry all right. I dunno how many of their homes we turned up digging them trenches." He laughs. "They'll get over it. They don't need to be so close to the farm anyway. A cow'd break it's leg stepping into a prairie dog hole. Them trenches did us more than one favor."

He scans the horizon. I must be worse off than I thought at first, if she's checking in on me. Maybe she's just... a good doc. Good bedside manner. "Nothing downrange yet, though." He smiles at her again. New friend, cares just as much about me as the rest of the Templar. She'll fit in right well.

If nothing happens during the night, Leo wakes Jason as requested, 2 hours before dawn.
Last edited by Leo on Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
Leo, Titan Juicer
Theme song: Thunderstruck - AC/DC
OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 570/1070

Titan Plate armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 79/195
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 300
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Rufus »

Perception: 1d100<83: [13*] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9 / 1d100: [68] = 68

Conditions:
PPE: 153/303
Consumer wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:21 amRufus seems to get the hint and makes himself useful, depleting his extra P.P.E. and half of his personal reserves to provide Fire Globes, and wood for the trench.
Rufus sighs from the exertion as the last of his magical conjurations materializes. That sphere certainly didn't last long... he snorts to himself.

Creations
- 7 Fire Globes total (8 weeks duration or until thrown with intent to explode on impact; 5D6 M.D. on impact & 5D6 additional M.D. per melee round for 1D4 minutes after impact)
- 800 lbs of hard wood suitable for building -- side note: an 8-foot 2×4 made from air-dried yellow pine will weigh about 10 pounds, so roughly 80 pcs
- 100 lbs of soft wood suitable for building
"Not bad for a start..." he mutters as he finishes stacking the wood. For a moment he considers using more of his magical energy reserves, but ultimately decides against it for the moment. Knowing our luck, they'd show up just as I used the last bit...

If any of the family/hired help show up with water containers, he'll gather them in an area close to the APC so he can fill them with the TW well first thing in the morning after he's had some sleep.

If/when the conversation turns to strategy, he'll suggest his use of walls of wind combined with Rory's illusory terrain to block off vulnerable approaches to the homestead and funnel attackers into 'kill zones' determined by the homestead's existing defenses. If he notices Dhaltuun's earth elemental helping with the trench digging an impish grin forms across his muzzle.

"Moji prijatelji..." he nudges Dhal/Jason/anyone who might be nearby and at least halfway listening. "Could we make parts of the trench extraordinarily deep? Or maybe some holes further out? Maybe hide them with some sort of spell or tarp with a light covering of dirt?" He points to the stack of lumber. "Sharpen some of these and stick them in the bottoms?"
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Teres Barton »

Perception: 1d100: [100] = 100 / 54%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [4] = 4 | 1d100: [58] = 58
Ruffus wrote:"Moji prijatelji..." he nudges Dhal/Jason/anyone who might be nearby and at least halfway listening. "Could we make parts of the trench extraordinarily deep? Or maybe some holes further out? Maybe hide them with some sort of spell or tarp with a light covering of dirt?" He points to the stack of lumber. "Sharpen some of these and stick them in the bottoms?"
"I like the plan. Pretty sure one of you three can make illusions to do that. Putting weak boards or some sort of Camo net over the hole should also work. If they have spare oil and other flammables it should work." she adds with a grin after releasing another arrow into a straw target with boards backing it up. The target was made early in the morning when she could not sleep. Defenses and combat, in general, made her sleepless, even back with the 82nd. She had used empty Deadboy suits as targets. it was joked by Wraith they might leave drunken and hung-over soldiers in them and let her target practice as punishment. thankfully they never did that to her knowledge.

"I am going to the wall and let the Mandrake Division here manage the rest of the defenses. There is not a lot I can think of that we can do in short order. If I do get an idea I will throw it in." she says while getting several arrows from a target and leaves the mages to do what they needed. Others needed company and she had a person to check on. Spotting the titan on the walls she thinks how this could be made worse with her bringing it up. Ultimately the Psi-druid chooses just to check in on him. This was the sort of thing they teach in medical school and she did not learn. Teres learned in the field, not in a proper school setting or even a military base that would have included emotional detachment. Climbing up to the wall and goes to Leo.

"nice view from up here. How are you holding up? Is there anything more exciting than angry prairie dogs out there yet?" she asks. Glad to see him with a railgun relieved her. The more he pushed his regen and juicer abilities the quicker whatever was killing would affect him. If there was more than last call her psychic abilities did not see it. She had the Tesla on her back and a smaller compound bow in hand and looked out.
Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 62/77
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with overcoat
Legs: +12 with overcoat
Main Body: +28 with overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Right leg Quivers
Front: 4 explosives (2 light, 2 heavy), 1 smoke, 1 Flare
Side: 6 Wooden stake arrows
Left leg Quivers
Front: 4 explosives (2 light, 2 heavy), 1 smoke, 1 Flare
Side: 6 Wooden stake arrows
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
User avatar
Rory
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:35 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Rory »

Perception: d100: 1d100: [27] = 27 / 21%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: 1d20: [9] = 9 | 1d100: 1d100: [75] = 75

Rory goes up to as high as she can get on the walls and buildings, trying to get a good grasp of the surrounding land. As she looks over it, she starts planning out the illusory terrain she planned to create. She then shifted positions, and by the time she is finished she has a good idea of all the approaches - from all the directions. She occasionally calls over to Rufus for where he would like to put the elements he wanted in place.

"I'm guessin' ye'd be expecting them to come from that way there," she gestures, "based around where you've planned putting trenches and traps. D'ye have any plans for if they circle around behind ye, or if they start by takin' out the nearest neighbors and come at us from that way?"

She the looks up at the sky, and down toward the ground.

"I really, really hope they ain't gonna do an airborne assault, or come at us from underground. That would truly and utterly suck."

She pauses, then smiles.

"Actually, if they come up from underneath us, we could set booby traps around their emergence zones. So maybe that's not so bad after all. Airborne, though - not much I have on hand for that. Sure I could come up with something though. The best thing is, if they manage to get here without being intercepted on the way, I could do the illusory terrain inside this place. The people who live here know where things really are, so they could go about their business, but the invaders, unless they knew they were dealing with an illusion, would have to check everything."

She stops talking and looks out at the surrounding lands. If I were attacking, what would I do? Clairvoyance, clairaudience. Remote viewing. Get someone on the inside. Sabotage. Set a beacon to guide in attacks, like missiles or precision guided bombs.

She climbs down from the wall and goes to talk to Jason. If she could think of it, maybe they could too. She doesn't know enough about the Templars to know what sort of things they have in reserve, but if they could scratch off any or all of those particularly nasty possibilities, it'd sure set her mind to rest.

Rory.
Status
-Current Hit Points: 39/39
-Current SDC: 25/25
-Current PPE: 140/140

Armor: High Magus armor
Helmet: 45
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 30 each
Main Body: 50

Weapons:
Slung over back: Nuhr rune musket rifle
Range: 1,600'
Damage: 6D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 50 blasts
Weight: 8.5 lbs.
Features: Costs 40 P.P.E. to reload
Modifiers: P.S. <26: -3 to strike

Utility belt: Vibro-axe
Range: Close Combat
Damage: 2D6 M.D.
Payload: 1 E-Clip will last approximately 1 hour
Weight: 4 lbs

Energy Sphere (300 P.P.E.)
OOC Comments
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 352
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Jason Long »

Perception:71% / 1d100: [89] = 89
JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19 / 1d100: [51] = 51

SKILL:
((Intelligence--90% / 1d100: [49] = 49 )) looking at the defenses for weak points
((Land Navigation--91% / 1d100: [44] = 44 )) Plot track
((Radio: Basic--112% / 1d100: [33] = 33 )) Radio sweep 1
((Sensory Equipment—82% / 1d100: [72] = 72 )) initial scan
((Electronic Countermeasures--97% / 1d100: [38] = 38 )) backtrack any radio signals
((Radio:Basic--107% / 1d100: [12] = 12 )) Radio sweep 2
((Sensory Equipment—82% / 1d100: [58] = 58 )) Radar scan
((Electronic Countermeasures--97% / 1d100: [87] = 87 )) backtrack any signals


Jason looks a the preparations and goes over the maps, marking the preparations that have been made, and looking for areas that might have been missed. He makes notes of any to be addressed the following day.
Leo wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:07 am At the end of the meal, he stands and walks over to Jason and the Templar. "I'm gonna have a quick nap - won't need much, you know. Then I'll take watch."
Jason will walk a short distance with Leo, "Get as much rest as you need. I want you to wake me 2 hours before dawn though. I'm want to run a scan about 10 miles out before it gets light. He then walks back to the others.
Rufus wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:22 pm If/when the conversation turns to strategy, he'll suggest his use of walls of wind combined with Rory's illusory terrain to block off vulnerable approaches to the homestead and funnel attackers into 'kill zones' determined by the homestead's existing defenses. If he notices Dhaltuun's earth elemental helping with the trench digging an impish grin forms across his muzzle.

"Moji prijatelji..." he nudges Dhal/Jason/anyone who might be nearby and at least halfway listening. "Could we make parts of the trench extraordinarily deep? Or maybe some holes further out? Maybe hide them with some sort of spell or tarp with a light covering of dirt?" He points to the stack of lumber. "Sharpen some of these and stick them in the bottoms?"
Jason considers his comments, "Why not use Rory's illusory terrain to mask the holes. They have seen the ranch already, so creating new terrain will stick out like a sore thumb. But if we use it instead to mask real changes that we have made to the terrain, it may be more effective. Depending on their armor, wooden stakes probably won't kill them, but they might brake or twist ankles. If we have time, put some sharpened stakes in the holes around the top edge, angled down. coat them with whatever grease you can find, even animal fat. This will make it harder for anyone who falls into the holes to get back out without help. " This lack of intel is killing me. I wish we had a recon ship available, but Bonaparte's the only thing we have with good recon sensors. " In the morning, I'll take Bonaparte out about 10 miles and run a circuit. That will give us a picture of anything on the ground out 20 miles and airborne out 50. I'll run radio checks as well. Any repeated signals will give me two points to triangulate and find out where the signal is coming from. At Bonaparte's top speed, I can be back her in 6 minutes from anywhere on the circle. " He looks at the map and notes where the toughest defenses are. He points it out " If anything tries to chase me, I'll head here to lead them here. Get Vi there to negotiate and give her a chance to speak, but be ready to fight. "

On that note, Jason head to bed, unless there are more questions. He sets the alarm on his watch to wake him 2 hours before dawn, in case Leo forgets.

If nothing else happens, Jason wakes and takes Bonaparte on his circuit. He runs the radar continuously and stops periodically to run sweeps with the radio, carefully plotting any signals. By plotting them from stop to stop, he narrows down the sources of any signals. Even with all the stops, Jason should finish his first circuit before dawn. He will not transmit anything unless he is attacked. The he falls back on the plan, radioing ahead and heading for the strong point. On this circuit, he will not approach any radar returns. He just notes their numbers, locations, directions, and speeds. If they are heading to the ranch, Jason will immediately return.

((Note: I only made two rolls each during the circuit, plz let me know if more are needed))
Jason Long
OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1622
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Consumer »

Road to Redemption: A play in three parts, part two.
Time and Weather wrote:Location: Milton Homestead (approximately 110 miles from Odessa, Approximately 60 miles south of CS Lonestars actual border)
Date: April 10, 111 PA, 2:00 PM (52 hours has passed)
Weather: High 73°, Low 35°; light clouds.
Map
Image

Mission Notes
Murdoc: No skills used.
Leo: No skills used.
Teres: No skills used.
Jason: Intelligence (looking at the defenses for weak points): Against small arms fire, the Homestead is fairly well protected, against heavy weapons and large forces, one can only make uneducated guesses.
Land Navigation (Plot track): Managed to not get lost.
Radio: Basic (Radio sweeps): Lots of encrypted radio transmissions across what Jason knows are rather common CS Channels. Other than that, some minor communications from nearby homesteads, including the Milton’s.
Sensory Equipment (Radar): Some flight traffic to the north. No ground traffic as far as Jason can see.
Electronic Countermeasures (backtrack any radio signals): Best guess the CS Traffic is to the north, and the other homesteads are east and west.
Dhaltuun: No skills used.
Rufus: No skills used.
Rory: No skills used.


The next two plus days are filled with a weighted anxiety. The attack is bound to happen, but from when and where is not. A few deeper holes are dug with the elementals' help, but one can’t go too deep due to the local water table. As for hiding the holes, no spell Rory has would last that long, so a more mundane tarp and dirt method is used. Jason takes Bonaparte on a patrol, traveling a bit over sixty miles around the homestead and others nearby. But in the end he doesn’t find anything particularly useful. If someone is watching they’re well hidden and not communicating anytime that radio checks are being made.

Around one o’clock on the supposed day of attack, a radio call over a plain channel comes through. ”Have you made your decision? Will you give us what we want or do we have to take everything?” The voice calls out over the radio. The radio goes silent for around a minute, as if waiting for an answer.

This prompts a few reactions from the Milton family; Artemis and Chloe lead the kids and mother MIlton into the garage, as it’s the only actual hardened building. While the few ranch hands and the rest of the Milton’s grab rifles and find spots on the towers to defend the homestead.

What do you do?

Butcher’s Bill
Jason: Armor Main Body: -28 M.D.C, -5 shots Thunder gun
Rufus: P.P.E. -151, Armor: -15 M.D.C., -1 shot thunder gun
Dhaltuun: Energy Sphere: 300/100, Armor Main Body: -27 M.D.C.
Leo: -500 S.D.C., Armor Main Body; -116 M.D.C., -40 rounds. Blood Cursed.
Murdoc: V-SAM Main Body: -44 M.D.C., -6 mini-missiles, -6 grenades.
Teres:Armor: -12 M.D.C.,
Quinn: Armor Main Body: -51 M.D.C., -3 shots laser pistol
Jessie: Armor: -38 M.D.C.
Rory: Energy Sphere: 300/300.
Note: Vehicle damage/Ammo expenditures will be added to Mission notes..
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Teres Barton »

Perception: 1d100: [63] = 63 / 54%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [9] = 9 | 1d100: [96] = 96

"Where do I set up? I can do wall or ground." She was ready for battle with bows and quivers as well as her energy pistol. Then looking thoughtful the psi-druid remembers a certain defense from her soldier days and looked to Jason and Leo. pulling back the string on her Laser bow looking down it's sights a moment and puts it back in its sheath. What was the speech she and a group of outnumbered troops were given? of course it would need some changes. ahh yes that was it. she thinks.

"Perhaps we should warn them..maybe with a speech of our own? something along the lines of.." Teres thought for a moment then said with a grin before closing her helmet and pulling up the hood. Samas did have treads on the boots so it did fit well enough.
Teres wrote:'Enemies of the Templars, hear me!
You have come here to die!
Our cause is Righteous and we are invincible!
Our Warriors will strike you down!
Our war machines will crush under their treads!
Our mighty guns will bring the very sky down upon you!
So make yourselves ready, you cannot win!
We are the Templars and today is our victory day!'
Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 62/77
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with overcoat
Legs: +12 with overcoat
Main Body: +28 with overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Right leg Quivers
Front: 4 explosives (2 light, 2 heavy), 1 smoke, 1 Flare
Side: 6 Wooden stake arrows
Left leg Quivers
Front: 4 explosives (2 light, 2 heavy), 1 smoke, 1 Flare
Side: 6 Wooden stake arrows
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
User avatar
Leo
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Leo »

Perception 37% 1d100: [19] = 19

JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19
JIC: 1d100: [19] = 19

Conditions:
  • Blood Cursed
Leo spends the next two days trying to keep busy: managing defenses, helping dig trenches (though he is no match for an Earth elemental he can still move a prodigious amount of earth), checking and rechecking weapons, armor, and supplies.

He is watching the wall when a call comes over the radio.
bandits wrote:”Have you made your decision? Will you give us what we want or do we have to take everything?”
Leo looks to Jason. It's not my place to speak for the team... but I know what I'd say.

He spots some of his family moving into the relative shelter of the garage, and the others taking up weapons.

Reaching down with a quavering hand, he flicks on the power to his railgun, hears its telltale quiet hum. Effortlessly, he lifts the massive railgun to his shoulder.

"Boss. We're ready. They don't call us 'The Fighting Miltons' 'round these parts for nothing. Let 'em come."

If someone indicates that Leo should reply, he keys on his radio and says

"Come if you want. You're only gonna find pain."
Leo, Titan Juicer
Theme song: Thunderstruck - AC/DC
OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 570/1070

Titan Plate armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 79/195
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 352
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Jason Long »

Perception: 72% / 1d100: [38] = 38
JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4 / 1d100: [26] = 26


SKILLS:
((Radio: Basic--112% / 1d100: [51] = 51 ))listening for enemy response
((Electronic Countermeasures--97% / 1d100: [38] = 38 )) plotting radio source locations
((Sensory Equipment—82% / 1d100: [82] = 82 )) tracking enemy locations by radar
((Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 45% / 1d100: [72] = 72 )) intimidate enemy to leave or break discipline

Consumer wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:13 pm round one o’clock on the supposed day of attack, a radio call over a plain channel comes through. ”Have you made your decision? Will you give us what we want or do we have to take everything?” The voice calls out over the radio. The radio goes silent for around a minute, as if waiting for an answer.
Jason looks to Vi. "Ma'am, this is your homestead and your decision. Do you want to be the one to answer him? " If she chooses to answer, Jason will use Bonaparte's radio to try and track the caller's direction. He runs Bonaparte's scanners continuously to determine where the attackers are coming from. Even at Mach 1 it will take almost 40+ seconds for something at the edge of Bonaparte's ground radar range to reach most weapons ranges, hopefully enough time to get everyone facing the threat.

If she indicates that the Templar should handle it, Jason tunes the VHT's radio. He sees Leo,
Leo wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:33 am Reaching down with a quavering hand, he flicks on the power to his railgun, hears its telltale quiet hum. Effortlessly, he lifts the massive railgun to his shoulder.
"Boss. We're ready. They don't call us 'The Fighting Miltons' 'round these parts for nothing. Let 'em come."
Jason calls back on the same frequency, "You may send one to negotiate and speak your piece. Or leave in peace. The only thing you will earn by force is a shallow grave in unhallowed ground. " Jason eyes flick back and forth from the scanners to the radio... Come on, where are you, Jason hopes the leader will respond and that one of the enemy also speaks up at Jason's comments to give several radio source locations.
Jason Long
OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 300
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Rufus »

Perception: 1d100<83: [3*] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [12] = 12 / 1d100: [54] = 54

Conditions:
Thundergun: 5/6 shots
Medium Concealed Ley Line Walker Armor: 45/60 Main Body MDC; Arms: 15/15 MDC each; Legs: 26/26 MDC each
PPE: 303/303
Consumer wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:13 pmThe next two plus days are filled with a weighted anxiety. The attack is bound to happen, but from when and where is not. A few deeper holes are dug with the elementals' help, but one can’t go too deep due to the local water table. As for hiding the holes, no spell Rory has would last that long, so a more mundane tarp and dirt method is used. Jason takes Bonaparte on a patrol, traveling a bit over sixty miles around the homestead and others nearby. But in the end he doesn’t find anything particularly useful. If someone is watching they’re well hidden and not communicating anytime that radio checks are being made.
Rufus spends the two days making another 7 fire globes (bringing the total up to 14), helping out around the farm, and meditating during the evenings/nights to bring his magical reserves back up to full strength on the day the attack is expected and distributes to his teammates he expects to be best able to put them to good use. "My apologies, prijatelji..." he shrugs. "Best I can produce on such short notice. Next time we camp out on a ley line I'll conjure up some more."

Stats & Distribution
- Fire Globe stats: 200' maximum thrown range; lasts for up to 8 weeks or until thrown with intent to explode on impact; 5D6 M.D. on impact & 5D6 additional M.D. per melee round for 1D4 minutes after impact.
- Murdoc, Leo, Teres, and Rory each get 3 fire globes (Rory impressed him with her throwing arm)
- Rufus keeps 2 for himself
The morning of the supposed attack he's up early readying his weapons. If anyone greets him he nods and grins. "We have a saying back home: rana ura – zlata ura. I believe the human equivalent is 'the early bird gets the worm,' da?" Provided the worms don't get us instead, he adds to himself. No use worrying over what they _might_ throw at us though -- it'll only keep you from dealing with what they actually _do_ throw at us.
Consumer wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:13 pmAround one o’clock on the supposed day of attack, a radio call over a plain channel comes through. ”Have you made your decision? Will you give us what we want or do we have to take everything?” The voice calls out over the radio. The radio goes silent for around a minute, as if waiting for an answer.

This prompts a few reactions from the Milton family; Artemis and Chloe lead the kids and mother MIlton into the garage, as it’s the only actual hardened building. While the few ranch hands and the rest of the Milton’s grab rifles and find spots on the towers to defend the homestead.
Rufus stands up and brushes himself off. "In tako se začne..."
"And so it begins..."
he mutters under his breath as he draws an otherworldly-looking energy pistol (the Empress Heavy Ion Pistol). Never got around to trying this one out... he shrugs. No time like the present, I guess.
Jason Long wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:14 pm"You may send one to negotiate and speak your piece. Or leave in peace. The only thing you will earn by force is a shallow grave in unhallowed ground. "
Rufus cocks his head slightly. I've heard worse... but words aren't going to end this. While Jason waits for a reply he looks over at Dhal. "Hey prijatelj -- any chance you can get Marcella up in the air to get a literal bird's-eye view of where they might be?" He calls to the farmhands up in the watchtowers. "Does anyone have eyes on them yet? Any dust clouds from vehicles? Any flying units?"

As he in turn waits for answers, he anxiously rubs his thumb over his invisibility ring and starts mentally preparing his incantations for spells...
User avatar
Rory
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:35 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Rory »

Perception: d100: 1d100: [15] = 15 / 21%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: 1d20: [16] = 16 | 1d100: 1d100: [40] = 40

Rory listens as the demand blares out, stretches a bit, then scowls.

"Go time, then"

She slowly paces around the area then takes a position on the walls, looking out over the ground she intended to cover with illusory terrain. She pays especial attention to the traps that have been put in place so she can adequately cover them over. She looks over at her comrades in arms, and nods.

"Yeah. This crew'll do me fine."

She readies the Scroll of Illusory Terrain. As she does, she looks to the pocket where the scroll she got from Brom is concealed.
Gonna have to think about that one. I know the rules they've hammered into us, and the way my training focuses on complexity. That's going to make choosing kinda difficult. Still, there's time yet.

She looks around again, confirming where people are, roughly.
I'm not alone. I'm not alone.

Rory.
Status
-Current Hit Points: 39/39
-Current SDC: 25/25
-Current PPE: 140/140

Armor: High Magus armor
Helmet: 45
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 30 each
Main Body: 50

Weapons:
Slung over back: Nuhr rune musket rifle
Range: 1,600'
Damage: 6D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 50 blasts
Weight: 8.5 lbs.
Features: Costs 40 P.P.E. to reload
Modifiers: P.S. <26: -3 to strike

Utility belt: Vibro-axe
Range: Close Combat
Damage: 2D6 M.D.
Payload: 1 E-Clip will last approximately 1 hour
Weight: 4 lbs

Energy Sphere (300 P.P.E.)
OOC Comments
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1622
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Consumer »

Road to Redemption: A play in three parts, part two.
Time and Weather wrote:Location: Milton Homestead (approximately 110 miles from Odessa, Approximately 60 miles south of CS Lonestars actual border)
Date: April 10, 111 PA, 2:04 PM (4:30 minutes have passed)
Weather: High 73°, Low 35°; light clouds.
Map
Image

Mission Notes
Murdoc: No skills used.
Leo: No skills used.
Teres: No skills used.
Jason: Radio: Basic (listening for enemy response): Response is heard.
Electronic Countermeasures (plotting radio source locations): Need more locations listening in to triangulate, so no go on finding a source.
Sensory Equipment (tracking enemy locations by radar): Able to do so till about the four and a half mile point, then radar is jammed.
Invoke Trust/Intimidate (intimidate enemy to leave or break discipline): They don’t seemed worried by Jason’s antics.
Dhaltuun: No skills used.
Rufus: No skills used.
Rory: No skills used.


Murdoc: Piloting Violator SAMAS, inside the compound.
Leo: South East Watchtower.
Teres: On the ground inside the compound.
Jason: Piloting Bonaparte, inside the compound.
Dhaltuun: Turret of APC, inside the compound.
Rufus: On the ground inside the compound.
Rory: South West Watchtower.
Jessie: North East Tower.
The Miltons that can fight and the ranch hands are manning the other towers.
The Miltons that can’t fight are hiding in the garage.


The message gets several looks before it’s non-verbally decided that Jason can make the response.
Jason Long wrote:"You may send one to negotiate and speak your piece. Or leave in peace. The only thing you will earn by force is a shallow grave in unhallowed ground. "
The response is short and immediate. ”Shame.” The voice says before the channel goes silent. Jason from his position inside Bonaparte begins watching the radar, and almost immediately he gets over two dozen pings from the south, and a few from the west. Jason’s best guess is that they’re traveling fast enough that they’ll be in range of his guns in three and a half minutes, four minutes for the shorter range ones. As for radio chatter, there doesn’t seem to be anymore that wasn’t already present.

Dhaltuun goes into a trance-like state and sends Marcella up into the air. About two minutes pass before he opens his eyes again and the bird is roosted next to him. ”Looks like twenty-eight or so. Mostly hovercycles, a couple of power armors.” Dhaltuun says over the radio. ”My stony friend, head a distance south and try to intercept some of the vehicles, please.” Dhaltuun says to the elemental nearby, who dips into the earth and moves away.

Murdoc seems to be waiting impatiently close to the APC. The Violator SAMAS powered up and ready to move. ”I have the explosives kinda evenly spread, on radio detonators. So once they get close, I’ll set them off.” Murdoc says.

Leo can see faint plumes of dust in the distance from his vantage point. Victoria and Fergus standing nearby also make note of the clouds approaching. Victoria is wearing some manner of exo-skeleton armor, while Fergus is in some sort of heavy hide armor made from the skins of dinosaurs, they’re both armed with laser rifles. ”This seems quite a thing huh, little brother.” Victoria says, while Fergus chuckles nervously.

Rufus and Rory make mental preparations to what spells may or may not be used, but at the range the enemy is, all they can do is wait. Near Rufus, Teres talks about a mighty speech, but it seems largely ignored by her teammates.

Three and a half minutes have passed since the response. Jason watches as the bandits get closer, almost inrange for some of his most potent armaments. He then notices a peculiar thing happen, the radio squeals for a moment then is filled with white noise, which is promptly followed by the radar screen becoming a static filled mess. Jason looks in surprise as he is effectively deaf and blind inside Bonapart.

The whole of the compound’s radios do much the same, a squeal followed by white noise. This makes long range communication impossible, which could prove to be a problem. The bandits continue to move in closer, and closer. When they’re approximately a mile out, mini-missiles streak out from the four cardinal directions from hidden locations about a half mile out. Two of these mini-missiles hit the towers, North-West, and South West, while the other two hit the walls. The North-West tower groans and collapses while the other one is just damaged. The few farmhands that were in that tower are now buried in the rubble.

The four power armors break off from their extreme low level flying and take to the sky, while the hovercycles get close enough that weapons can be brought to bear. The Black Water Gang is upon the Milton Homestead.

Combat Post Round 1

GM Notes: Radar and Radio are being jammed. To break through either requires a ECM roll at -60% and one action, and the effects are good for the round. Note all radio messages will still be spotty.
There are 4 SAMAS variants, models unknown. There are 24 Hovercycles of various terrestrial makes.
I’m running this a little loose, they’re in range of most weapons save very short.
Here’s the time for creative skill use and whatnot. ~Consumer


Butcher’s Bill
Jason: -5 shots Thunder gun
Rufus: -1 shot thunder gun
Dhaltuun:
Leo: -40 Railgun rounds. Blood Cursed.
Murdoc: -6 mini-missiles, -6 grenades.
Teres:
Jessie: Armor: -38 M.D.C.
Rory: Energy Sphere: 300/300.
Note: Vehicle damage/Ammo expenditures will be added to Mission notes..
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 352
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Jason Long »

Perception: 71%/ 1d100: [100] = 100
JIC: 1d20: [12] = 12 / 1d100: [94] = 94

Skills:
((Electronic Countermeasures--97% / 1d100: [4] = 4 % )) overcome jamming.
((Electronic Countermeasures--97% / 1d100: [3] = 3 % )) determine which unit is sending the jamming signal.

Jason considers the oncoming targets before static jams the radar screen. Well...that answers whether we can talk about this..Let's see how good they are

Jason spends a moment trying to get around the jamming, then another to determine which of the units he can see is the source of the jamming signal. Come on, I should be able to get at least a bearing on the source of the jamming signal. Jason transforms Bonaparte to tank mode, hoping the sudden change from an apparent hovercraft to an assault gun surprises the attackers. The transformation should tell the others its time to start the party.

If Jason has determined the source of the jamming, he will fire a round of HEAT at the target. If not, he will fire at the closest hoverbike. Kill the easiest first. At this point, we need to thin the number of guns coming at us. He fires a second time with the 105 and prepares to use Bonaparte's extreme maneuverability to dodge any incoming missiles, or use the tri-barrel ion cannon to shoot down missiles if there are too many to dodge.

Initiative: 1d20+6: [5]+6 = 11
Actions: 8
1: Try to overcome the jamming
2: Identify the jamming unit
3: transform to Tank mode
4: Fire 105mm HEAT rnd at the jamming unit or the closest hoverbike: 1d20+8: [17]+8 = 25 to hit, 2d6*10: [3, 5]*10 = 80 MD
5: Fire 105mm HEAT rnd at the jamming unit or closest hoverbike: 1d20+8: [20]+8 = 28 to hit, 2d6*10: [2, 6]*10 = 80 MD
6-8: reserved for dodges or engaging incoming missiles: Dodges- 1d20+9: [14]+9 = 23 , 1d20+9: [19]+9 = 28 , 1d20+9: [15]+9 = 24
Firing at incoming missiles with ion cannon- 1d20+9: [17]+9 = 26 to hit, VOID Wrong die roll
1d20+8: [1]+8 = 9 to hit 1d6*10: [1]*10 = 10 MD,
1d20+8: [19]+8 = 27 to hit 1d6*10: [6]*10 = 60 MD
1d20+8: [14]+8 = 22 to hit, 1d6*10: [4]*10 = 40 MD
Jason Long
OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 300
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Rufus »

Perception: 1d100<83: [32*] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2 / 1d100: [25] = 25
Initiative: 1d20+4: [4]+4 = 8 (includes +1 from Empress Heavy Ion Pistol)
APM: 7

Rufus instinctively flinches and grimaces when the explosions from the missiles rock the homestead and one of the guard towers collapses. Glad I wasn't in that one... he thinks to himself before he growls at himself for thinking so selfishly. His growl morphs into words of power as he casts a wall of hurricane force winds to protect the North-West tower and surrounding wall. "বাতাসের প্রাচীর... Dhaltuun! Miltons! Try and get them out of there while we get their attention!"

The words of power continue to erupt from his throat along with assorted growls/snarls as Rufus floats up a few inches from the ground, a translucent magical armor encases his floating form, and with a tap on his goggles his eyes glow with an arcane light.

Now what did that owner's manual say about the EMPs on this pistol? he asks himself. Oh, right, target components -- sensors, thrusters, that sort of thing. He sighs. Small targets on small targets that are fast moving. No problem. No pressure. Just the lives of everyone inside these walls, that's all.

"Njord... Od... Wolvenar... Odin... Brom..." he mutters under his breath. "If any of you are listening, please be with us and guide our hands. And if we can't have victory, then let us make theirs such a pyrrhic one that it removes them as a threat to any other families around here."

Combat Shenanigans
Notes:
- P.P.E.: 303/303 at the start of this post, 118 used in post actions
- Critical Strike on unmodified roll of 18, 19, or 20
- Heavy Ion Pistol: +1 to initiative, +3 to strike, critical strike on Natural 17-20

Actions:
1-2.) Cast Wall of Wind to protect North-West tower & wall (40 PPE). 40 minute duration; has an equivalent supernatural PS of 40; 80' long and 48' high. The rules don't specify the wall has to be a straight wall, so will cast it curved for maximum protection if need be.
3-4.) Cast Invincible Armor (30 PPE). 24 minute duration; 200 MDC & regenerates 1d6 MDC per round; offers complete environmental protection from heat, cold, disease, pollution, toxic gases, fumes, etc., and provides the wearer with an independent oxygen supply. Furthermore, all energy attacks, magic or mundane, inflict only half their usual damage to the armor
5-6.) Cast Fly as the Eagle (25 PPE). 160 minute duration; 50 mph max speed; +1 to parry, +2 to dodge and +2 to damage on a diving attack
7.) Activate Magic Optic System (23 PPE). 15 minute duration; Eyes of the Wolf, See Aura, See the Invisible, and Detect Concealment all same as the spell at 3rd level proficiency
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Teres Barton »

Perception: 1d100: [17] = 17 / 54%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [6] = 6 | 1d100: [33] = 33

Let's see what I can do about some of the speeders. Teres is hoping none of them are CS Skyscyles and others with protective front-end windshields. Bandits were often salvaged or stolen units so it was less likely to be the case. These were typically the less armored and lower maintenance variants that needed fewer parts and had better speed.

Unlike many of her fellow 'Sons and daughters' of Cadia as they called each other she took up the bow. Where it sacrificed the mile and half to 2-mile shots it was just as accurate at medium and short ranges. This allowed a trained archer to hit specific parts and place arrows into a target efficiently. The fact it was used as a hunting weapon was a testament to precision. Taking down animals like elk or moose and other resilient prey needed one to target the lungs, heart, and other specific places on the body. unlike energy weapons or bullets the arrow stayed and if the proper arrowhead was used could do even worse damage as it was being removed. Trained bow hunters were truly scary when hunting men.

This was one of her less preferred roles in the CS. In her time she had to take out targets immune to energy weapons quietly with arrows. A particular experimental arrow she used then was an arrow with an explosive gel in the shaft with a timed impact arrowhead to bypass armor then explode inside the target. The arrow was the work of the 82nd Edward "Barghest" Norton's. It had mixed results and potential as an 'anti-body armor' arrow. It was something she should ask him about if the man was still alive someday.

Taking aim at the rider instead of the speeder was going to be her primary strategy. Better to salvage the speeder after if she could. She did want to learn to pilot one and they could sell or give them to the Milton's afterward. They were better than horses in certain places in the modern-day. Though a good horse in wild was always a welcome sight too.

Combat
OOC Comments
Initiative: 1d20: [15] = 15
ATM: 5
W.P. Archery (Master) - +3 strike, +2 Disarm, Movement modifiers no longer apply.
OOC Comments
This skill is not applicable to crossbows, and similar weapons of a mechanical nature.
Movement modifiers no longer apply.
Add 20' to the effective range of the weapon per skill level.
Rate of Fire: As per the character's hand-to-hand attacks per melee.
+1 to strike at levels 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, and 14.
+1 to parry with the bow itself at level 1.
+1 to disarm at levels 2, 5, 10, and 15.
+1 to initiative for characters with a P.P. of 17 or less, +2 for a P.P. of 18 to 23, +3 for a P.P. of 24 to 30, and +4 for a P.P. of 31+.
Critical Strike on natural 19 or 20.
This supplants standard Archery W.P. skills and bonuses, it does not stack with them, though bonuses from W.P. Targeting may still apply and stack as normal.
1: Find good cover
2: Tesla bow: 1d20+3: [2]+3 = 5 ,Damage: 4d6: [3, 6, 3, 5] = 17 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
3: Tesla bow: 1d20+3: [16]+3 = 19 ,Damage: 4d6: [6, 6, 5, 6] = 23 (x2) per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
4: Tesla bow: 1d20+3: [2]+3 = 5 ,Damage: 4d6: [6, 3, 5, 2] = 16 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
5: return to cover
(if needed)
Parry: 1d20+2: [9]+2 = 11 , 1d20+2: [17]+2 = 19 , 1d20+2: [5]+2 = 7 , 1d20+2: [12]+2 = 14 , 1d20+2: [8]+2 = 10
Dodge: 1d20+2: [3]+2 = 5 , 1d20+2: [16]+2 = 18 , 1d20+2: [16]+2 = 18 , 1d20+2: [18]+2 = 20 , 1d20+2: [3]+2 = 5
Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 62/77
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with overcoat
Legs: +12 with overcoat
Main Body: +28 with overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Right leg Quivers
Front: 4 explosives (2 light, 2 heavy), 1 smoke, 1 Flare
Side: 6 Wooden stake arrows
Left leg Quivers
Front: 4 explosives (2 light, 2 heavy), 1 smoke, 1 Flare
Side: 6 Wooden stake arrows
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
User avatar
Rory
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:35 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Rory »

Perception: d100: 1d100: [73] = 73 / 21%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: 1d20: [4] = 4 | 1d100: 1d100: [8] = 8
Initiative: 1d20+3: [4]+3 = 7

Rory scowls and restrains a curse as all her plans are foiled - yet again.

"Right then, ya little..."

A falling piece of debris makes enough sound to drown out the word she says.

She shoves the Scroll of Illusory Terrain back in the backpack and pulls out a Scroll of Disharmonize. As soon as they're in range, she'll cast it on the group of hovercycles. A smile creeps onto her face as her mind races. "I've seen Coalition formations fall apart after gettin' hit with this, and they had years of training. Two dozen high speed hovercycles in close formation? Oh, this is gonna be fun."

Actions:
1 Cast Armor of Ithan on self
2-4? Cast Disharmonize (range: 1000', radius of effect: 150', duration: 15 minutes) from scroll on hovercycle formation
(Not sure how many actions it takes to cast a spell from a scroll - defaulting to the normal time to cast that spell as an interim guess)

Rory.
Status
-Current Hit Points: 39/39
-Current SDC: 25/25
-Current PPE: 140/140

Armor: High Magus armor
Helmet: 45
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 30 each
Main Body: 50

Weapons:
Slung over back: Nuhr rune musket rifle
Range: 1,600'
Damage: 6D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 50 blasts
Weight: 8.5 lbs.
Features: Costs 40 P.P.E. to reload
Modifiers: P.S. <26: -3 to strike

Utility belt: Vibro-axe
Range: Close Combat
Damage: 2D6 M.D.
Payload: 1 E-Clip will last approximately 1 hour
Weight: 4 lbs

Energy Sphere (290 P.P.E.)
OOC Comments
User avatar
Leo
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Leo »

Perception 37% 1d100: [37] = 37

JIC: 1d20: [3] = 3
JIC: 1d100: [2] = 2

Conditions:
  • Blood Cursed
Leo stands watching the approaching plumes of dust.
Victoria wrote:”This seems quite a thing huh, little brother.”
He grips his railgun so she will not see his hand trembling, and sets his jaw. In this monment, the big Titan Juicer can only think of his father, and the look of steel in his eye when there was a fight coming. He nods. "Yup. Quite a thing. If shit goes south... get the family out as best you can."

He flicks on the power to his railgun, hearing the reassuring hum. It's showtime. He tries to ignore the tiredness in his bones.

As the power armors peel off, Leo activates his jet pack, prepared to engage them in the air. He flies upward, then strafes side to side, jerking his jetpack in a random direction at random intervals to effect a dodge of any incoming fire (auto-dodges).

Pilot: Jet Packs 104% 1d100: [71] = 71

Initiative: 1d20+1: [10]+1 = 11

APM: 6

Action 1: Take off, flying jet pack
Action 2: Shoot with Railgun, rearest target in range 1d20+5: [7]+5 = 12 ; Damage 1d6*10: [3]*10 = 30 M.D.
Action 3: Shoot with Railgun, rearest target in range 1d20+5: [14]+5 = 19 ; Damage 1d6*10: [1]*10 = 10 M.D.
Action 4: Shoot with Railgun, rearest target in range 1d20+5: [18]+5 = 23 (Crit!); Damage 1d6*10: [2]*10 = 20 X2 = 40 M.D.
Action 5: Shoot with Railgun, rearest target in range 1d20+5: [8]+5 = 13 ; Damage 1d6*10: [3]*10 = 30 M.D.
Action 6: Shoot with Railgun, rearest target in range 1d20+5: [11]+5 = 16 ; Damage 1d6*10: [6]*10 = 60 M.D.

Auto-Dodges: 1) 1d20+2: [9]+2 = 11 ; 2) 1d20+2: [13]+2 = 15 ; 3) 1d20+2: [13]+2 = 15 ; 4) 1d20+2: [18]+2 = 20 ; 5) 1d20+2: [18]+2 = 20 ; 6) 1d20+2: [20]+2 = 22 (Nat. 20!)
Leo, Titan Juicer
Theme song: Thunderstruck - AC/DC
OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 570/1070

Titan Plate armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 79/195
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Dhaltuun Onyxforge »

Perception: 31% / [roll]1d100[/roll]: [46] = 46 [/roll] /
JiC d20 | d100: [roll]1d20[/roll]: [8] = 8 [/roll] | [roll]1d100[/roll]: [58] = 58 [/roll]
Initiative: [roll]1d20+1[/roll]: [3]+1 = 4 [/roll]
APM: 6

PPE: 133 at end of post / 143

Conditions:
Energy sphere (300 ppe)
Superhuman Strength = SN PS 30 / SN PE 24 / +30 sdc / Dur: 14 rds

Skills:




Post -
Dhaltuun looks around, momentarily stunned. ”Oh Fuck!! This is really happening!!” He grabs his longarm and heads for the fallen tower. As he runs he looks at the rubble. ”I am nor the dwarf my cousins are. I like water not rocks!! What do i do?” within a couple steps, he has an idea. Sliding to his knees as he approaches the rubble. ”Vlad, i need you here. Jessie, Help with those flyers.” He then prepares to cast some magic.

Once Vlad arrives, ”I need to shift into your small animal form and see if you can find a way in, while i try to move some rocks.” after directing Vlad, dhal lets go of his rifle so that it hangs by its sling, and casts Superhuman strength as he pulls on the rubble, trying to free those under it.



APM: 6
Initiative: [roll]1d20[/roll]: [1] = 1 [/roll]

A1) run to rubble
A2 - A6) free those trapped
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 80&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
  • Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line
Sense Rifts
  • Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.
Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
  • Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details
Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
  • P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)
Familiar Link
  • Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.
Summoning
  • Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1622
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Consumer »

Road to Redemption: A play in three parts, part two.
Time and Weather wrote:Location: Milton Homestead (approximately 110 miles from Odessa, Approximately 60 miles south of CS Lonestars actual border)
Date: April 10, 111 PA, 2:04 PM (15 seconds have passed)
Weather: High 73°, Low 35°; light clouds.
Map
Image

Mission Notes
Murdoc: Piloting Violator SAMAS, Airborne
Leo: Airborne.
Teres: North East Tower.
Jason: Piloting Bonaparte, inside the compound.
Dhaltuun: At ruined tower.
Rufus: Airborne.
Rory: South West Watchtower.
Jessie: Outside the walls
Minor Earth Elemental: North East Tower.
Vlad: Under tower rubble.
The Miltons that can fight and the ranch hands are manning the other towers.
The Miltons that can’t fight are hiding in the garage.


Jason frantically works to counter the jamming, taking several seemingly forever moments to find a viable radar signature. He gets a clear picture for a few moments and is able to verify two of the SAMASs are performing the massive electronic warfare. Jason decides to fire a few heavy 105mm HEAT rounds at one of the two SAMAS. The first round hits, while the second is dodged.

Rufus for his part begins casting a series of spells to enhance himself and protect those who are buried under the wreckage of the fallen watch tower. Rufus makes a plea to the gods and the recently met priest Brom, but at the moment no replies seem forthcoming.

Teres not being on one of the towers, makes a mad dash to climb the ladder of the north eastern tower. Once on top, Teres finds there is no cover to be had really, as the towers weren’t really designed for combat. Undeterred, Teres lines up a few shots on the speeding hovercylces, opting to hit the rider instead of the bike. Her first shot goes wide, while her second shot hits, and the third shot goes wide once more as Teres over compensates for leading the target.

Rory alone on the south western tower, casts Armor of Ithan, a solid defensive spell, before pulling out a scroll of a much more powerful spell. Reading the words on the parchment she feels the energy stored in the scroll coalesce. Rory targets the largest group of bikes she can, and thinks she got four of the bikes in the area of effect. Though she’s not entirely sure how many actually were affected.

Leo activates his jetpack and flies into the air with some surprising grace, a definite change from some of his earlier flights. Leo fires short controlled bursts into the Hovercycles, tracking them with some precision. Over the course of several bursts he’s able to wreck one of the hovercycles and put the rider down for good.

Dhaltuun takes Rufus’ words to heart. He hops from the APC and begins hustling as fast as his legs can towards the fallen tower. Along the way he yells for Vlad, who follows him out of the APC. Vlad seems to be able to easily keep up with Dhaltuun’s much slower pace. Dhaltuun tells Vlad to become something small and look under the rubble of steel girders and plates. Vlad takes the form of a rat and speeds off. Leaving Vlad to continue to hustle towards the tower. (18’/action.) Along the way Dhaltuun casts Superhuman strength on himself, and finally reaches the tower.

Murdoc takes to the sky. Aiming to deal with the SAMAS threat. Four to one is poor odds even for a skilled pilot. Murdoc shows he is definitely a better pilot than the bandits, flying evasively around gunfire and mini-missiles. Murdoc is able to put some damage on one of the SAMAS, but it’s far from done.

Jessie hears Dhlatuun’s orders, but is very sure she can’t catch the flying power armors. So, she does the next best thing, and moves down toward the circling hovercycles. She manages to stop one of the vehicles with a series of sword slashes, causing the driver to tumble from the vehicle.

The Earth Elemental Is causing all manner of distractions as the hovercycles become disorganized by pillars of stone shooting up in front of their bikes.

The Bandits act in kind. Several of the hovercycles fire on the towers and gates with a mixture of lasers and heavy machine guns. The SAMASs above fire a quartet of mini-missiles at Bonaparte. Jason tries to shoot them down, but fails to make contact, receiving some damage. Murdoc on the other hand gets strafed by grenade rounds from some manner of grenade launcher, only a pair of them catch the Violator SAMAS. So far the fight is indeterminable, the gates are still standing and the remaining towers are still standing well enough. Perceptive folk notice one of the bikes turn tail and run.

Combat Post Round 2


GM Notes: Radar and Radio are being jammed. To break through either requires a ECM roll at -60% and one action, and the effects are good for the round. Note all radio messages will still be spotty.
There are 4 SAMAS variants, models unknown. There are 21 Hovercycles of various terrestrial makes.
I’m running this a little loose, they’re in range of most weapons save very short.
Here’s the time for creative skill use and whatnot. ~Consumer


Butcher’s Bill
Jason: Armor Main Body: -28 M.D.C, -5 shots Thunder gun
Bonaparte: Main Body: -84 M.D.C.
Rufus: P.P.E. -118, -1 shot thunder gun, Invincible Armor 200/200 (1d6/melee), Fly as Eagle.
Dhaltuun: 153/163 P.P.E., Superhuman Strength
Leo: -140 rounds. Blood Cursed.
Murdoc: -6 mini-missiles, -6 grenades.
Violator SAMAS: Main Body: -30 M.D.C.
Teres:
Jessie: Armor: -38 M.D.C.
Rory: Energy Sphere: 300/300.
Note: Vehicle damage/Ammo expenditures will be added to Mission notes..
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Teres Barton »

Perception: 1d100: [89] = 89 / 54%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [12] = 12 | 1d100: [51] = 51

Hmm going that wide? I need more practice with this thing. probably the fact it shoots lightning and not real arrows. Hmmm, rubber targeting mats maybe? Teres thinks as she readies to take aim again. going from what little cover is present takes aim much like the last time. Fighting blind was not fun. without radio was not optimum. The CS did train in this but they had standard gear for such things as Tactical strobe lights and headlamp lights has been a huge asset. Perhaps she should buy some next time she was in town for her armor. IR lights and flashers could save lives and be useful. her old militia helmets and body armor had them installed not only for rescue but as a stealthy answer to light for communicating, looking over terrain, and reading maps/papers that are not on the visor.

Combat
OOC Comments
Initiative: 1d20: [14] = 14
ATM: 5
W.P. Archery (Master) - +3 strike, +2 Disarm, Movement modifiers no longer apply.
OOC Comments
This skill is not applicable to crossbows, and similar weapons of a mechanical nature.
Movement modifiers no longer apply.
Add 20' to the effective range of the weapon per skill level.
Rate of Fire: As per the character's hand-to-hand attacks per melee.
+1 to strike at levels 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, and 14.
+1 to parry with the bow itself at level 1.
+1 to disarm at levels 2, 5, 10, and 15.
+1 to initiative for characters with a P.P. of 17 or less, +2 for a P.P. of 18 to 23, +3 for a P.P. of 24 to 30, and +4 for a P.P. of 31+.
Critical Strike on natural 19 or 20.
This supplants standard Archery W.P. skills and bonuses, it does not stack with them, though bonuses from W.P. Targeting may still apply and stack as normal.
1: Tesla bow: 1d20+3: [5]+3 = 8 ,Damage: 4d6: [3, 5, 1, 4] = 13 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
2: Tesla bow: 1d20+3: [13]+3 = 16 ,Damage: 4d6: [4, 3, 4, 4] = 15 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
3: Tesla bow: 1d20+3: [13]+3 = 16 ,Damage: 4d6: [5, 2, 4, 3] = 14 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
4: Tesla bow: 1d20+3: [1]+3 = 4 ,Damage: 4d6: [4, 6, 5, 5] = 20 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
5: return to cover
(if needed)
Parry: 1d20+2: [1]+2 = 3 , 1d20+2: [10]+2 = 12 , 1d20+2: [12]+2 = 14 , 1d20+2: [3]+2 = 5 , 1d20+2: [12]+2 = 14
Dodge: 1d20+2: [1]+2 = 3 , 1d20+2: [11]+2 = 13 , 1d20+2: [4]+2 = 6 , 1d20+2: [8]+2 = 10 , 1d20+2: [14]+2 = 16
Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 62/77
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with overcoat
Legs: +12 with overcoat
Main Body: +28 with overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Right leg Quivers
Front: 4 explosives (2 light, 2 heavy), 1 smoke, 1 Flare
Side: 6 Wooden stake arrows
Left leg Quivers
Front: 4 explosives (2 light, 2 heavy), 1 smoke, 1 Flare
Side: 6 Wooden stake arrows
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
Post Reply

Return to “Templar Adventure Forum”