Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

If supernatural evil feels persecuted, you can bet the Templar are responsible.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1654
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Consumer »

Road to Redemption: A play in three parts, part two.
Time and Weather wrote:Location: Milton Homestead (approximately 110 miles from Odessa, Approximately 60 miles south of CS Lonestars actual border)
Date: April 7, 111 PA, 5:00 PM (8 hour has passed)
Weather: High 70°, Low 30°; Clear skies.
Map
Image

Mission Notes
Murdoc: No skills used.
Leo: No skills used.
Teres: No skills used.
Jason: No skills used.
Dhaltuun: No skills used.
Rufus: No skills used.
Rory: No skills used.


Teres talks with Jason about Bonaparte, Rory joins in to talk about what spells she has scrolls for, and Leo kind of watches the whole thing. A brief plan of watches and folk using Bonaparte’s radar/comm suite goes on. Of the folk in the Milton Homestead, only three are proficient in sensory equipment; Victoria, Artemis, and Chloe. Rufus seems to get the hint and makes himself useful, depleting his extra P.P.E. and half of his personal reserves to provide Fire Globes, and wood for the trench.

Meanwhile Dhaltuun puts his earth elemental to work, having it help the folk digging the trench excavate dirt. Murdoc seems to be still elbow deep in his explosives work, and Jessie, is still sitting in one of the towers looking out over the plain. Around noon, a quick lunch of cold meat sandwiches and cut veggies makes the work bearable. Around five o’clock the ranch hands head back inside, the trench mostly done due to the help of the Earth Elemental. Dinner is a somber affair, without much conversation, it appears that everyone is exhausted from the day's labors.

Those who watch the radar and comms, nothing of particular interest happens. No flying things even come up on the radar, and on the ground it all seems quiet. Occasional movement on the edge, but if asked, the Milton’s mention that it’s in the direction of their nearest neighbors. So as evening approaches the land around seems quiet.

GM Note; Not much to work with from your posts so it’s business as usual. If no one else has any plans to offer I’m going to fast forward it even further. Now is the time to make plans and enact them. If you feel you’ve done everything you could, then I will move to the next major event. ~Consumer

Butcher’s Bill
Jason: Armor Main Body: -28 M.D.C, -5 shots Thunder gun
Rufus: P.P.E. -151, Armor: -15 M.D.C., -1 shot thunder gun
Dhaltuun: Energy Sphere: 300/100, Armor Main Body: -27 M.D.C.
Leo: -500 S.D.C., Armor Main Body; -116 M.D.C., -40 rounds. Blood Cursed.
Murdoc: V-SAM Main Body: -44 M.D.C., -6 mini-missiles, -6 grenades.
Teres:Armor: -12 M.D.C.,
Quinn: Armor Main Body: -51 M.D.C., -3 shots laser pistol
Jessie: Armor: -38 M.D.C.
Rory: Energy Sphere: 300/300.
Note: Vehicle damage/Ammo expenditures will be added to Mission notes..
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Leo
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Leo »

Perception 37% 1d100: [51] = 51

JIC: 1d20: [10] = 10
JIC: 1d100: [66] = 66

Conditions:
  • Blood Cursed
Leo helps his family and friends shore up the farm's defenses as evening approaches. At dinner, he sits next to his mom, and chats with her, steering the topic away from his enslavement at the hands of the Splugorth, and instead telling stories of his new friends, the Templar, and asking about what's been going on at the farm.

She seems as tired as I've been feeling lately, he thinks. A beat later: Something is seriously wrong with me. He does not tell her the things he's wanted to say to her over the past three years. The desperation, the loneliness, the self-loathing. The people he's had to kill. All the times he's nearly died. When he was a child, she was always there, always strong. Now, she is fragile. It's his turn to be strong.

He looks around the table at his new friends and old, and his family. The Templar took me in when I was on the run, without even a second thought. They're good people, through and through. And the family is still out here on Dad's farm... some of us older kids have drifted off, and some have stayed... but we're still here, still working the land like Dad taught us. He spares a glance at Konnor. Some of us, anyhow. Others are working the con. Konnor, you're gonna get yourself killed, and maybe get others killed in the process. Why, your whole life, you always gotta try to find the easy road, when you can't see the danger, is beyond me. When are you gonna wise up?

He turns back to his meal. Hungry as he usually is, he finds he is barely able to finish his meal. He masks his grave concerns, however, with laughter and joking, finding the joy in being home again, even with a storm on the horizon. We can weather it together. We always have.

At the end of the meal, he stands and walks over to Jason and the Templar. "I'm gonna have a quick nap - won't need much, you know. Then I'll take watch."

Leo sleeps for four hours, and then, his body, torn between the chemicals juicing him, and his newfound bone-tiredness, wrenches itself awake. Leo straps on his armor and jetpack, and takes a position on the wall, hammer strapped to his battle harness and railgun in hand, watching for threats.

He feels as he used to feel in the gladiatorial arena, just as they were about to introduce him and his opponent, before he knew what he'd be facing.
Memory wrote:The scarred Titan Juicer stands in the shadows, looking out into the arena. It's periphery protected by a light-blue force field, invisible unless you were looking for it, with the harsh sun beating down on the packed earth and sand floor. He could hear the voice of the announcer echoing through the stone corridors.

"GENTLEBEINGS! We have collected for you today some of the fiercest combatants in the Megaverse!!!" He could hear the rumble of the crowd going wild.

"YESSS! We have such treats for you today, such masterpieces of violence lay in wait! For our first bout, we have a human, augmented by science into a monster that repulses even his own kind!!" Leo frowned. Do I? Am I repulsive? He looked down at his body, ridiculously enlarged by the Titan Juicer process.

The crowd began jeering, stomping. The adrenaline of his body activating his juicer rig, Leo's hands began to tremble. He gripped his battle-hammer.

"But he has found a home here in our arena! YESSS! We do not care how repulsive he is!!! We only care what violence he can bring to entertain us!! BEHOLD!!!"

The stone began to rumble now, as the portcullis door - mostly for show, began to raise. Simultaneously, a portal appears in the barrier forcefield to allow him through. He stepped into the light, stomach uneasy, hands still quivering.

"He has no name! But the other gladiators FEAR him! His blows are SEISMIC... and they call him... QUAKE!!!!"

Leo flushed. They do call me 'Quake'... but it's not out of fear. He looked down at his trembling hand - it would not be visible from the stands except to the very keen of eyesight but his fellow gladiators knew it well.
The memory passed, Leo feels his hand trembling on the handle of his railgun. He grips it tighter, and continues to scan the horizon.

When Teres approaches he offers her a reassuring smile.
Teres wrote:"Nice view from up here. How are you holding up? Is there anything more exciting than angry prairie dogs out there yet?"
"Oh the prairie dogs are angry all right. I dunno how many of their homes we turned up digging them trenches." He laughs. "They'll get over it. They don't need to be so close to the farm anyway. A cow'd break it's leg stepping into a prairie dog hole. Them trenches did us more than one favor."

He scans the horizon. I must be worse off than I thought at first, if she's checking in on me. Maybe she's just... a good doc. Good bedside manner. "Nothing downrange yet, though." He smiles at her again. New friend, cares just as much about me as the rest of the Templar. She'll fit in right well.

If nothing happens during the night, Leo wakes Jason as requested, 2 hours before dawn.
Last edited by Leo on Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
Leo, Titan Juicer
Theme song: Thunderstruck - AC/DC
OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 570/1070

Titan Plate armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 79/195
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 306
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Rufus »

Perception: 1d100<83: [13*] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9 / 1d100: [68] = 68

Conditions:
PPE: 153/303
Consumer wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:21 amRufus seems to get the hint and makes himself useful, depleting his extra P.P.E. and half of his personal reserves to provide Fire Globes, and wood for the trench.
Rufus sighs from the exertion as the last of his magical conjurations materializes. That sphere certainly didn't last long... he snorts to himself.

Creations
- 7 Fire Globes total (8 weeks duration or until thrown with intent to explode on impact; 5D6 M.D. on impact & 5D6 additional M.D. per melee round for 1D4 minutes after impact)
- 800 lbs of hard wood suitable for building -- side note: an 8-foot 2×4 made from air-dried yellow pine will weigh about 10 pounds, so roughly 80 pcs
- 100 lbs of soft wood suitable for building
"Not bad for a start..." he mutters as he finishes stacking the wood. For a moment he considers using more of his magical energy reserves, but ultimately decides against it for the moment. Knowing our luck, they'd show up just as I used the last bit...

If any of the family/hired help show up with water containers, he'll gather them in an area close to the APC so he can fill them with the TW well first thing in the morning after he's had some sleep.

If/when the conversation turns to strategy, he'll suggest his use of walls of wind combined with Rory's illusory terrain to block off vulnerable approaches to the homestead and funnel attackers into 'kill zones' determined by the homestead's existing defenses. If he notices Dhaltuun's earth elemental helping with the trench digging an impish grin forms across his muzzle.

"Moji prijatelji..." he nudges Dhal/Jason/anyone who might be nearby and at least halfway listening. "Could we make parts of the trench extraordinarily deep? Or maybe some holes further out? Maybe hide them with some sort of spell or tarp with a light covering of dirt?" He points to the stack of lumber. "Sharpen some of these and stick them in the bottoms?"
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Teres Barton »

Perception: 1d100: [100] = 100 / 54%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [4] = 4 | 1d100: [58] = 58
Ruffus wrote:"Moji prijatelji..." he nudges Dhal/Jason/anyone who might be nearby and at least halfway listening. "Could we make parts of the trench extraordinarily deep? Or maybe some holes further out? Maybe hide them with some sort of spell or tarp with a light covering of dirt?" He points to the stack of lumber. "Sharpen some of these and stick them in the bottoms?"
"I like the plan. Pretty sure one of you three can make illusions to do that. Putting weak boards or some sort of Camo net over the hole should also work. If they have spare oil and other flammables it should work." she adds with a grin after releasing another arrow into a straw target with boards backing it up. The target was made early in the morning when she could not sleep. Defenses and combat, in general, made her sleepless, even back with the 82nd. She had used empty Deadboy suits as targets. it was joked by Wraith they might leave drunken and hung-over soldiers in them and let her target practice as punishment. thankfully they never did that to her knowledge.

"I am going to the wall and let the Mandrake Division here manage the rest of the defenses. There is not a lot I can think of that we can do in short order. If I do get an idea I will throw it in." she says while getting several arrows from a target and leaves the mages to do what they needed. Others needed company and she had a person to check on. Spotting the titan on the walls she thinks how this could be made worse with her bringing it up. Ultimately the Psi-druid chooses just to check in on him. This was the sort of thing they teach in medical school and she did not learn. Teres learned in the field, not in a proper school setting or even a military base that would have included emotional detachment. Climbing up to the wall and goes to Leo.

"nice view from up here. How are you holding up? Is there anything more exciting than angry prairie dogs out there yet?" she asks. Glad to see him with a railgun relieved her. The more he pushed his regen and juicer abilities the quicker whatever was killing would affect him. If there was more than last call her psychic abilities did not see it. She had the Tesla on her back and a smaller compound bow in hand and looked out.
Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 62/77
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with overcoat
Legs: +12 with overcoat
Main Body: +28 with overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Right leg Quivers
Front: 4 explosives (2 light, 2 heavy), 1 smoke, 1 Flare
Side: 6 Wooden stake arrows
Left leg Quivers
Front: 4 explosives (2 light, 2 heavy), 1 smoke, 1 Flare
Side: 6 Wooden stake arrows
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
User avatar
Rory
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:35 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Rory »

Perception: d100: 1d100: [27] = 27 / 21%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: 1d20: [9] = 9 | 1d100: 1d100: [75] = 75

Rory goes up to as high as she can get on the walls and buildings, trying to get a good grasp of the surrounding land. As she looks over it, she starts planning out the illusory terrain she planned to create. She then shifted positions, and by the time she is finished she has a good idea of all the approaches - from all the directions. She occasionally calls over to Rufus for where he would like to put the elements he wanted in place.

"I'm guessin' ye'd be expecting them to come from that way there," she gestures, "based around where you've planned putting trenches and traps. D'ye have any plans for if they circle around behind ye, or if they start by takin' out the nearest neighbors and come at us from that way?"

She the looks up at the sky, and down toward the ground.

"I really, really hope they ain't gonna do an airborne assault, or come at us from underground. That would truly and utterly suck."

She pauses, then smiles.

"Actually, if they come up from underneath us, we could set booby traps around their emergence zones. So maybe that's not so bad after all. Airborne, though - not much I have on hand for that. Sure I could come up with something though. The best thing is, if they manage to get here without being intercepted on the way, I could do the illusory terrain inside this place. The people who live here know where things really are, so they could go about their business, but the invaders, unless they knew they were dealing with an illusion, would have to check everything."

She stops talking and looks out at the surrounding lands. If I were attacking, what would I do? Clairvoyance, clairaudience. Remote viewing. Get someone on the inside. Sabotage. Set a beacon to guide in attacks, like missiles or precision guided bombs.

She climbs down from the wall and goes to talk to Jason. If she could think of it, maybe they could too. She doesn't know enough about the Templars to know what sort of things they have in reserve, but if they could scratch off any or all of those particularly nasty possibilities, it'd sure set her mind to rest.

Rory.
Status
-Current Hit Points: 39/39
-Current SDC: 25/25
-Current PPE: 140/140

Armor: High Magus armor
Helmet: 45
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 30 each
Main Body: 50

Weapons:
Slung over back: Nuhr rune musket rifle
Range: 1,600'
Damage: 6D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 50 blasts
Weight: 8.5 lbs.
Features: Costs 40 P.P.E. to reload
Modifiers: P.S. <26: -3 to strike

Utility belt: Vibro-axe
Range: Close Combat
Damage: 2D6 M.D.
Payload: 1 E-Clip will last approximately 1 hour
Weight: 4 lbs

Energy Sphere (300 P.P.E.)
OOC Comments
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 358
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Jason Long »

Perception:71% / 1d100: [89] = 89
JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19 / 1d100: [51] = 51

SKILL:
((Intelligence--90% / 1d100: [49] = 49 )) looking at the defenses for weak points
((Land Navigation--91% / 1d100: [44] = 44 )) Plot track
((Radio: Basic--112% / 1d100: [33] = 33 )) Radio sweep 1
((Sensory Equipment—82% / 1d100: [72] = 72 )) initial scan
((Electronic Countermeasures--97% / 1d100: [38] = 38 )) backtrack any radio signals
((Radio:Basic--107% / 1d100: [12] = 12 )) Radio sweep 2
((Sensory Equipment—82% / 1d100: [58] = 58 )) Radar scan
((Electronic Countermeasures--97% / 1d100: [87] = 87 )) backtrack any signals


Jason looks a the preparations and goes over the maps, marking the preparations that have been made, and looking for areas that might have been missed. He makes notes of any to be addressed the following day.
Leo wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:07 am At the end of the meal, he stands and walks over to Jason and the Templar. "I'm gonna have a quick nap - won't need much, you know. Then I'll take watch."
Jason will walk a short distance with Leo, "Get as much rest as you need. I want you to wake me 2 hours before dawn though. I'm want to run a scan about 10 miles out before it gets light. He then walks back to the others.
Rufus wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:22 pm If/when the conversation turns to strategy, he'll suggest his use of walls of wind combined with Rory's illusory terrain to block off vulnerable approaches to the homestead and funnel attackers into 'kill zones' determined by the homestead's existing defenses. If he notices Dhaltuun's earth elemental helping with the trench digging an impish grin forms across his muzzle.

"Moji prijatelji..." he nudges Dhal/Jason/anyone who might be nearby and at least halfway listening. "Could we make parts of the trench extraordinarily deep? Or maybe some holes further out? Maybe hide them with some sort of spell or tarp with a light covering of dirt?" He points to the stack of lumber. "Sharpen some of these and stick them in the bottoms?"
Jason considers his comments, "Why not use Rory's illusory terrain to mask the holes. They have seen the ranch already, so creating new terrain will stick out like a sore thumb. But if we use it instead to mask real changes that we have made to the terrain, it may be more effective. Depending on their armor, wooden stakes probably won't kill them, but they might brake or twist ankles. If we have time, put some sharpened stakes in the holes around the top edge, angled down. coat them with whatever grease you can find, even animal fat. This will make it harder for anyone who falls into the holes to get back out without help. " This lack of intel is killing me. I wish we had a recon ship available, but Bonaparte's the only thing we have with good recon sensors. " In the morning, I'll take Bonaparte out about 10 miles and run a circuit. That will give us a picture of anything on the ground out 20 miles and airborne out 50. I'll run radio checks as well. Any repeated signals will give me two points to triangulate and find out where the signal is coming from. At Bonaparte's top speed, I can be back her in 6 minutes from anywhere on the circle. " He looks at the map and notes where the toughest defenses are. He points it out " If anything tries to chase me, I'll head here to lead them here. Get Vi there to negotiate and give her a chance to speak, but be ready to fight. "

On that note, Jason head to bed, unless there are more questions. He sets the alarm on his watch to wake him 2 hours before dawn, in case Leo forgets.

If nothing else happens, Jason wakes and takes Bonaparte on his circuit. He runs the radar continuously and stops periodically to run sweeps with the radio, carefully plotting any signals. By plotting them from stop to stop, he narrows down the sources of any signals. Even with all the stops, Jason should finish his first circuit before dawn. He will not transmit anything unless he is attacked. The he falls back on the plan, radioing ahead and heading for the strong point. On this circuit, he will not approach any radar returns. He just notes their numbers, locations, directions, and speeds. If they are heading to the ranch, Jason will immediately return.

((Note: I only made two rolls each during the circuit, plz let me know if more are needed))
Jason Long
OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1654
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Consumer »

Road to Redemption: A play in three parts, part two.
Time and Weather wrote:Location: Milton Homestead (approximately 110 miles from Odessa, Approximately 60 miles south of CS Lonestars actual border)
Date: April 10, 111 PA, 2:00 PM (52 hours has passed)
Weather: High 73°, Low 35°; light clouds.
Map
Image

Mission Notes
Murdoc: No skills used.
Leo: No skills used.
Teres: No skills used.
Jason: Intelligence (looking at the defenses for weak points): Against small arms fire, the Homestead is fairly well protected, against heavy weapons and large forces, one can only make uneducated guesses.
Land Navigation (Plot track): Managed to not get lost.
Radio: Basic (Radio sweeps): Lots of encrypted radio transmissions across what Jason knows are rather common CS Channels. Other than that, some minor communications from nearby homesteads, including the Milton’s.
Sensory Equipment (Radar): Some flight traffic to the north. No ground traffic as far as Jason can see.
Electronic Countermeasures (backtrack any radio signals): Best guess the CS Traffic is to the north, and the other homesteads are east and west.
Dhaltuun: No skills used.
Rufus: No skills used.
Rory: No skills used.


The next two plus days are filled with a weighted anxiety. The attack is bound to happen, but from when and where is not. A few deeper holes are dug with the elementals' help, but one can’t go too deep due to the local water table. As for hiding the holes, no spell Rory has would last that long, so a more mundane tarp and dirt method is used. Jason takes Bonaparte on a patrol, traveling a bit over sixty miles around the homestead and others nearby. But in the end he doesn’t find anything particularly useful. If someone is watching they’re well hidden and not communicating anytime that radio checks are being made.

Around one o’clock on the supposed day of attack, a radio call over a plain channel comes through. ”Have you made your decision? Will you give us what we want or do we have to take everything?” The voice calls out over the radio. The radio goes silent for around a minute, as if waiting for an answer.

This prompts a few reactions from the Milton family; Artemis and Chloe lead the kids and mother MIlton into the garage, as it’s the only actual hardened building. While the few ranch hands and the rest of the Milton’s grab rifles and find spots on the towers to defend the homestead.

What do you do?

Butcher’s Bill
Jason: Armor Main Body: -28 M.D.C, -5 shots Thunder gun
Rufus: P.P.E. -151, Armor: -15 M.D.C., -1 shot thunder gun
Dhaltuun: Energy Sphere: 300/100, Armor Main Body: -27 M.D.C.
Leo: -500 S.D.C., Armor Main Body; -116 M.D.C., -40 rounds. Blood Cursed.
Murdoc: V-SAM Main Body: -44 M.D.C., -6 mini-missiles, -6 grenades.
Teres:Armor: -12 M.D.C.,
Quinn: Armor Main Body: -51 M.D.C., -3 shots laser pistol
Jessie: Armor: -38 M.D.C.
Rory: Energy Sphere: 300/300.
Note: Vehicle damage/Ammo expenditures will be added to Mission notes..
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Teres Barton »

Perception: 1d100: [63] = 63 / 54%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [9] = 9 | 1d100: [96] = 96

"Where do I set up? I can do wall or ground." She was ready for battle with bows and quivers as well as her energy pistol. Then looking thoughtful the psi-druid remembers a certain defense from her soldier days and looked to Jason and Leo. pulling back the string on her Laser bow looking down it's sights a moment and puts it back in its sheath. What was the speech she and a group of outnumbered troops were given? of course it would need some changes. ahh yes that was it. she thinks.

"Perhaps we should warn them..maybe with a speech of our own? something along the lines of.." Teres thought for a moment then said with a grin before closing her helmet and pulling up the hood. Samas did have treads on the boots so it did fit well enough.
Teres wrote:'Enemies of the Templars, hear me!
You have come here to die!
Our cause is Righteous and we are invincible!
Our Warriors will strike you down!
Our war machines will crush under their treads!
Our mighty guns will bring the very sky down upon you!
So make yourselves ready, you cannot win!
We are the Templars and today is our victory day!'
Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 62/77
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with overcoat
Legs: +12 with overcoat
Main Body: +28 with overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Right leg Quivers
Front: 4 explosives (2 light, 2 heavy), 1 smoke, 1 Flare
Side: 6 Wooden stake arrows
Left leg Quivers
Front: 4 explosives (2 light, 2 heavy), 1 smoke, 1 Flare
Side: 6 Wooden stake arrows
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
User avatar
Leo
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Leo »

Perception 37% 1d100: [19] = 19

JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19
JIC: 1d100: [19] = 19

Conditions:
  • Blood Cursed
Leo spends the next two days trying to keep busy: managing defenses, helping dig trenches (though he is no match for an Earth elemental he can still move a prodigious amount of earth), checking and rechecking weapons, armor, and supplies.

He is watching the wall when a call comes over the radio.
bandits wrote:”Have you made your decision? Will you give us what we want or do we have to take everything?”
Leo looks to Jason. It's not my place to speak for the team... but I know what I'd say.

He spots some of his family moving into the relative shelter of the garage, and the others taking up weapons.

Reaching down with a quavering hand, he flicks on the power to his railgun, hears its telltale quiet hum. Effortlessly, he lifts the massive railgun to his shoulder.

"Boss. We're ready. They don't call us 'The Fighting Miltons' 'round these parts for nothing. Let 'em come."

If someone indicates that Leo should reply, he keys on his radio and says

"Come if you want. You're only gonna find pain."
Leo, Titan Juicer
Theme song: Thunderstruck - AC/DC
OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 570/1070

Titan Plate armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 79/195
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 358
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Jason Long »

Perception: 72% / 1d100: [38] = 38
JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4 / 1d100: [26] = 26


SKILLS:
((Radio: Basic--112% / 1d100: [51] = 51 ))listening for enemy response
((Electronic Countermeasures--97% / 1d100: [38] = 38 )) plotting radio source locations
((Sensory Equipment—82% / 1d100: [82] = 82 )) tracking enemy locations by radar
((Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 45% / 1d100: [72] = 72 )) intimidate enemy to leave or break discipline

Consumer wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:13 pm round one o’clock on the supposed day of attack, a radio call over a plain channel comes through. ”Have you made your decision? Will you give us what we want or do we have to take everything?” The voice calls out over the radio. The radio goes silent for around a minute, as if waiting for an answer.
Jason looks to Vi. "Ma'am, this is your homestead and your decision. Do you want to be the one to answer him? " If she chooses to answer, Jason will use Bonaparte's radio to try and track the caller's direction. He runs Bonaparte's scanners continuously to determine where the attackers are coming from. Even at Mach 1 it will take almost 40+ seconds for something at the edge of Bonaparte's ground radar range to reach most weapons ranges, hopefully enough time to get everyone facing the threat.

If she indicates that the Templar should handle it, Jason tunes the VHT's radio. He sees Leo,
Leo wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:33 am Reaching down with a quavering hand, he flicks on the power to his railgun, hears its telltale quiet hum. Effortlessly, he lifts the massive railgun to his shoulder.
"Boss. We're ready. They don't call us 'The Fighting Miltons' 'round these parts for nothing. Let 'em come."
Jason calls back on the same frequency, "You may send one to negotiate and speak your piece. Or leave in peace. The only thing you will earn by force is a shallow grave in unhallowed ground. " Jason eyes flick back and forth from the scanners to the radio... Come on, where are you, Jason hopes the leader will respond and that one of the enemy also speaks up at Jason's comments to give several radio source locations.
Jason Long
OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 306
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Rufus »

Perception: 1d100<83: [3*] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [12] = 12 / 1d100: [54] = 54

Conditions:
Thundergun: 5/6 shots
Medium Concealed Ley Line Walker Armor: 45/60 Main Body MDC; Arms: 15/15 MDC each; Legs: 26/26 MDC each
PPE: 303/303
Consumer wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:13 pmThe next two plus days are filled with a weighted anxiety. The attack is bound to happen, but from when and where is not. A few deeper holes are dug with the elementals' help, but one can’t go too deep due to the local water table. As for hiding the holes, no spell Rory has would last that long, so a more mundane tarp and dirt method is used. Jason takes Bonaparte on a patrol, traveling a bit over sixty miles around the homestead and others nearby. But in the end he doesn’t find anything particularly useful. If someone is watching they’re well hidden and not communicating anytime that radio checks are being made.
Rufus spends the two days making another 7 fire globes (bringing the total up to 14), helping out around the farm, and meditating during the evenings/nights to bring his magical reserves back up to full strength on the day the attack is expected and distributes to his teammates he expects to be best able to put them to good use. "My apologies, prijatelji..." he shrugs. "Best I can produce on such short notice. Next time we camp out on a ley line I'll conjure up some more."

Stats & Distribution
- Fire Globe stats: 200' maximum thrown range; lasts for up to 8 weeks or until thrown with intent to explode on impact; 5D6 M.D. on impact & 5D6 additional M.D. per melee round for 1D4 minutes after impact.
- Murdoc, Leo, Teres, and Rory each get 3 fire globes (Rory impressed him with her throwing arm)
- Rufus keeps 2 for himself
The morning of the supposed attack he's up early readying his weapons. If anyone greets him he nods and grins. "We have a saying back home: rana ura – zlata ura. I believe the human equivalent is 'the early bird gets the worm,' da?" Provided the worms don't get us instead, he adds to himself. No use worrying over what they _might_ throw at us though -- it'll only keep you from dealing with what they actually _do_ throw at us.
Consumer wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:13 pmAround one o’clock on the supposed day of attack, a radio call over a plain channel comes through. ”Have you made your decision? Will you give us what we want or do we have to take everything?” The voice calls out over the radio. The radio goes silent for around a minute, as if waiting for an answer.

This prompts a few reactions from the Milton family; Artemis and Chloe lead the kids and mother MIlton into the garage, as it’s the only actual hardened building. While the few ranch hands and the rest of the Milton’s grab rifles and find spots on the towers to defend the homestead.
Rufus stands up and brushes himself off. "In tako se začne..."
"And so it begins..."
he mutters under his breath as he draws an otherworldly-looking energy pistol (the Empress Heavy Ion Pistol). Never got around to trying this one out... he shrugs. No time like the present, I guess.
Jason Long wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:14 pm"You may send one to negotiate and speak your piece. Or leave in peace. The only thing you will earn by force is a shallow grave in unhallowed ground. "
Rufus cocks his head slightly. I've heard worse... but words aren't going to end this. While Jason waits for a reply he looks over at Dhal. "Hey prijatelj -- any chance you can get Marcella up in the air to get a literal bird's-eye view of where they might be?" He calls to the farmhands up in the watchtowers. "Does anyone have eyes on them yet? Any dust clouds from vehicles? Any flying units?"

As he in turn waits for answers, he anxiously rubs his thumb over his invisibility ring and starts mentally preparing his incantations for spells...
User avatar
Rory
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:35 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Rory »

Perception: d100: 1d100: [15] = 15 / 21%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: 1d20: [16] = 16 | 1d100: 1d100: [40] = 40

Rory listens as the demand blares out, stretches a bit, then scowls.

"Go time, then"

She slowly paces around the area then takes a position on the walls, looking out over the ground she intended to cover with illusory terrain. She pays especial attention to the traps that have been put in place so she can adequately cover them over. She looks over at her comrades in arms, and nods.

"Yeah. This crew'll do me fine."

She readies the Scroll of Illusory Terrain. As she does, she looks to the pocket where the scroll she got from Brom is concealed.
Gonna have to think about that one. I know the rules they've hammered into us, and the way my training focuses on complexity. That's going to make choosing kinda difficult. Still, there's time yet.

She looks around again, confirming where people are, roughly.
I'm not alone. I'm not alone.

Rory.
Status
-Current Hit Points: 39/39
-Current SDC: 25/25
-Current PPE: 140/140

Armor: High Magus armor
Helmet: 45
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 30 each
Main Body: 50

Weapons:
Slung over back: Nuhr rune musket rifle
Range: 1,600'
Damage: 6D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 50 blasts
Weight: 8.5 lbs.
Features: Costs 40 P.P.E. to reload
Modifiers: P.S. <26: -3 to strike

Utility belt: Vibro-axe
Range: Close Combat
Damage: 2D6 M.D.
Payload: 1 E-Clip will last approximately 1 hour
Weight: 4 lbs

Energy Sphere (300 P.P.E.)
OOC Comments
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1654
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Consumer »

Road to Redemption: A play in three parts, part two.
Time and Weather wrote:Location: Milton Homestead (approximately 110 miles from Odessa, Approximately 60 miles south of CS Lonestars actual border)
Date: April 10, 111 PA, 2:04 PM (4:30 minutes have passed)
Weather: High 73°, Low 35°; light clouds.
Map
Image

Mission Notes
Murdoc: No skills used.
Leo: No skills used.
Teres: No skills used.
Jason: Radio: Basic (listening for enemy response): Response is heard.
Electronic Countermeasures (plotting radio source locations): Need more locations listening in to triangulate, so no go on finding a source.
Sensory Equipment (tracking enemy locations by radar): Able to do so till about the four and a half mile point, then radar is jammed.
Invoke Trust/Intimidate (intimidate enemy to leave or break discipline): They don’t seemed worried by Jason’s antics.
Dhaltuun: No skills used.
Rufus: No skills used.
Rory: No skills used.


Murdoc: Piloting Violator SAMAS, inside the compound.
Leo: South East Watchtower.
Teres: On the ground inside the compound.
Jason: Piloting Bonaparte, inside the compound.
Dhaltuun: Turret of APC, inside the compound.
Rufus: On the ground inside the compound.
Rory: South West Watchtower.
Jessie: North East Tower.
The Miltons that can fight and the ranch hands are manning the other towers.
The Miltons that can’t fight are hiding in the garage.


The message gets several looks before it’s non-verbally decided that Jason can make the response.
Jason Long wrote:"You may send one to negotiate and speak your piece. Or leave in peace. The only thing you will earn by force is a shallow grave in unhallowed ground. "
The response is short and immediate. ”Shame.” The voice says before the channel goes silent. Jason from his position inside Bonaparte begins watching the radar, and almost immediately he gets over two dozen pings from the south, and a few from the west. Jason’s best guess is that they’re traveling fast enough that they’ll be in range of his guns in three and a half minutes, four minutes for the shorter range ones. As for radio chatter, there doesn’t seem to be anymore that wasn’t already present.

Dhaltuun goes into a trance-like state and sends Marcella up into the air. About two minutes pass before he opens his eyes again and the bird is roosted next to him. ”Looks like twenty-eight or so. Mostly hovercycles, a couple of power armors.” Dhaltuun says over the radio. ”My stony friend, head a distance south and try to intercept some of the vehicles, please.” Dhaltuun says to the elemental nearby, who dips into the earth and moves away.

Murdoc seems to be waiting impatiently close to the APC. The Violator SAMAS powered up and ready to move. ”I have the explosives kinda evenly spread, on radio detonators. So once they get close, I’ll set them off.” Murdoc says.

Leo can see faint plumes of dust in the distance from his vantage point. Victoria and Fergus standing nearby also make note of the clouds approaching. Victoria is wearing some manner of exo-skeleton armor, while Fergus is in some sort of heavy hide armor made from the skins of dinosaurs, they’re both armed with laser rifles. ”This seems quite a thing huh, little brother.” Victoria says, while Fergus chuckles nervously.

Rufus and Rory make mental preparations to what spells may or may not be used, but at the range the enemy is, all they can do is wait. Near Rufus, Teres talks about a mighty speech, but it seems largely ignored by her teammates.

Three and a half minutes have passed since the response. Jason watches as the bandits get closer, almost inrange for some of his most potent armaments. He then notices a peculiar thing happen, the radio squeals for a moment then is filled with white noise, which is promptly followed by the radar screen becoming a static filled mess. Jason looks in surprise as he is effectively deaf and blind inside Bonapart.

The whole of the compound’s radios do much the same, a squeal followed by white noise. This makes long range communication impossible, which could prove to be a problem. The bandits continue to move in closer, and closer. When they’re approximately a mile out, mini-missiles streak out from the four cardinal directions from hidden locations about a half mile out. Two of these mini-missiles hit the towers, North-West, and South West, while the other two hit the walls. The North-West tower groans and collapses while the other one is just damaged. The few farmhands that were in that tower are now buried in the rubble.

The four power armors break off from their extreme low level flying and take to the sky, while the hovercycles get close enough that weapons can be brought to bear. The Black Water Gang is upon the Milton Homestead.

Combat Post Round 1

GM Notes: Radar and Radio are being jammed. To break through either requires a ECM roll at -60% and one action, and the effects are good for the round. Note all radio messages will still be spotty.
There are 4 SAMAS variants, models unknown. There are 24 Hovercycles of various terrestrial makes.
I’m running this a little loose, they’re in range of most weapons save very short.
Here’s the time for creative skill use and whatnot. ~Consumer


Butcher’s Bill
Jason: -5 shots Thunder gun
Rufus: -1 shot thunder gun
Dhaltuun:
Leo: -40 Railgun rounds. Blood Cursed.
Murdoc: -6 mini-missiles, -6 grenades.
Teres:
Jessie: Armor: -38 M.D.C.
Rory: Energy Sphere: 300/300.
Note: Vehicle damage/Ammo expenditures will be added to Mission notes..
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 358
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Jason Long »

Perception: 71%/ 1d100: [100] = 100
JIC: 1d20: [12] = 12 / 1d100: [94] = 94

Skills:
((Electronic Countermeasures--97% / 1d100: [4] = 4 % )) overcome jamming.
((Electronic Countermeasures--97% / 1d100: [3] = 3 % )) determine which unit is sending the jamming signal.

Jason considers the oncoming targets before static jams the radar screen. Well...that answers whether we can talk about this..Let's see how good they are

Jason spends a moment trying to get around the jamming, then another to determine which of the units he can see is the source of the jamming signal. Come on, I should be able to get at least a bearing on the source of the jamming signal. Jason transforms Bonaparte to tank mode, hoping the sudden change from an apparent hovercraft to an assault gun surprises the attackers. The transformation should tell the others its time to start the party.

If Jason has determined the source of the jamming, he will fire a round of HEAT at the target. If not, he will fire at the closest hoverbike. Kill the easiest first. At this point, we need to thin the number of guns coming at us. He fires a second time with the 105 and prepares to use Bonaparte's extreme maneuverability to dodge any incoming missiles, or use the tri-barrel ion cannon to shoot down missiles if there are too many to dodge.

Initiative: 1d20+6: [5]+6 = 11
Actions: 8
1: Try to overcome the jamming
2: Identify the jamming unit
3: transform to Tank mode
4: Fire 105mm HEAT rnd at the jamming unit or the closest hoverbike: 1d20+8: [17]+8 = 25 to hit, 2d6*10: [3, 5]*10 = 80 MD
5: Fire 105mm HEAT rnd at the jamming unit or closest hoverbike: 1d20+8: [20]+8 = 28 to hit, 2d6*10: [2, 6]*10 = 80 MD
6-8: reserved for dodges or engaging incoming missiles: Dodges- 1d20+9: [14]+9 = 23 , 1d20+9: [19]+9 = 28 , 1d20+9: [15]+9 = 24
Firing at incoming missiles with ion cannon- 1d20+9: [17]+9 = 26 to hit, VOID Wrong die roll
1d20+8: [1]+8 = 9 to hit 1d6*10: [1]*10 = 10 MD,
1d20+8: [19]+8 = 27 to hit 1d6*10: [6]*10 = 60 MD
1d20+8: [14]+8 = 22 to hit, 1d6*10: [4]*10 = 40 MD
Jason Long
OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 306
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Rufus »

Perception: 1d100<83: [32*] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2 / 1d100: [25] = 25
Initiative: 1d20+4: [4]+4 = 8 (includes +1 from Empress Heavy Ion Pistol)
APM: 7

Rufus instinctively flinches and grimaces when the explosions from the missiles rock the homestead and one of the guard towers collapses. Glad I wasn't in that one... he thinks to himself before he growls at himself for thinking so selfishly. His growl morphs into words of power as he casts a wall of hurricane force winds to protect the North-West tower and surrounding wall. "বাতাসের প্রাচীর... Dhaltuun! Miltons! Try and get them out of there while we get their attention!"

The words of power continue to erupt from his throat along with assorted growls/snarls as Rufus floats up a few inches from the ground, a translucent magical armor encases his floating form, and with a tap on his goggles his eyes glow with an arcane light.

Now what did that owner's manual say about the EMPs on this pistol? he asks himself. Oh, right, target components -- sensors, thrusters, that sort of thing. He sighs. Small targets on small targets that are fast moving. No problem. No pressure. Just the lives of everyone inside these walls, that's all.

"Njord... Od... Wolvenar... Odin... Brom..." he mutters under his breath. "If any of you are listening, please be with us and guide our hands. And if we can't have victory, then let us make theirs such a pyrrhic one that it removes them as a threat to any other families around here."

Combat Shenanigans
Notes:
- P.P.E.: 303/303 at the start of this post, 118 used in post actions
- Critical Strike on unmodified roll of 18, 19, or 20
- Heavy Ion Pistol: +1 to initiative, +3 to strike, critical strike on Natural 17-20

Actions:
1-2.) Cast Wall of Wind to protect North-West tower & wall (40 PPE). 40 minute duration; has an equivalent supernatural PS of 40; 80' long and 48' high. The rules don't specify the wall has to be a straight wall, so will cast it curved for maximum protection if need be.
3-4.) Cast Invincible Armor (30 PPE). 24 minute duration; 200 MDC & regenerates 1d6 MDC per round; offers complete environmental protection from heat, cold, disease, pollution, toxic gases, fumes, etc., and provides the wearer with an independent oxygen supply. Furthermore, all energy attacks, magic or mundane, inflict only half their usual damage to the armor
5-6.) Cast Fly as the Eagle (25 PPE). 160 minute duration; 50 mph max speed; +1 to parry, +2 to dodge and +2 to damage on a diving attack
7.) Activate Magic Optic System (23 PPE). 15 minute duration; Eyes of the Wolf, See Aura, See the Invisible, and Detect Concealment all same as the spell at 3rd level proficiency
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Teres Barton »

Perception: 1d100: [17] = 17 / 54%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [6] = 6 | 1d100: [33] = 33

Let's see what I can do about some of the speeders. Teres is hoping none of them are CS Skyscyles and others with protective front-end windshields. Bandits were often salvaged or stolen units so it was less likely to be the case. These were typically the less armored and lower maintenance variants that needed fewer parts and had better speed.

Unlike many of her fellow 'Sons and daughters' of Cadia as they called each other she took up the bow. Where it sacrificed the mile and half to 2-mile shots it was just as accurate at medium and short ranges. This allowed a trained archer to hit specific parts and place arrows into a target efficiently. The fact it was used as a hunting weapon was a testament to precision. Taking down animals like elk or moose and other resilient prey needed one to target the lungs, heart, and other specific places on the body. unlike energy weapons or bullets the arrow stayed and if the proper arrowhead was used could do even worse damage as it was being removed. Trained bow hunters were truly scary when hunting men.

This was one of her less preferred roles in the CS. In her time she had to take out targets immune to energy weapons quietly with arrows. A particular experimental arrow she used then was an arrow with an explosive gel in the shaft with a timed impact arrowhead to bypass armor then explode inside the target. The arrow was the work of the 82nd Edward "Barghest" Norton's. It had mixed results and potential as an 'anti-body armor' arrow. It was something she should ask him about if the man was still alive someday.

Taking aim at the rider instead of the speeder was going to be her primary strategy. Better to salvage the speeder after if she could. She did want to learn to pilot one and they could sell or give them to the Milton's afterward. They were better than horses in certain places in the modern-day. Though a good horse in wild was always a welcome sight too.

Combat
OOC Comments
Initiative: 1d20: [15] = 15
ATM: 5
W.P. Archery (Master) - +3 strike, +2 Disarm, Movement modifiers no longer apply.
OOC Comments
This skill is not applicable to crossbows, and similar weapons of a mechanical nature.
Movement modifiers no longer apply.
Add 20' to the effective range of the weapon per skill level.
Rate of Fire: As per the character's hand-to-hand attacks per melee.
+1 to strike at levels 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, and 14.
+1 to parry with the bow itself at level 1.
+1 to disarm at levels 2, 5, 10, and 15.
+1 to initiative for characters with a P.P. of 17 or less, +2 for a P.P. of 18 to 23, +3 for a P.P. of 24 to 30, and +4 for a P.P. of 31+.
Critical Strike on natural 19 or 20.
This supplants standard Archery W.P. skills and bonuses, it does not stack with them, though bonuses from W.P. Targeting may still apply and stack as normal.
1: Find good cover
2: Tesla bow: 1d20+3: [2]+3 = 5 ,Damage: 4d6: [3, 6, 3, 5] = 17 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
3: Tesla bow: 1d20+3: [16]+3 = 19 ,Damage: 4d6: [6, 6, 5, 6] = 23 (x2) per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
4: Tesla bow: 1d20+3: [2]+3 = 5 ,Damage: 4d6: [6, 3, 5, 2] = 16 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
5: return to cover
(if needed)
Parry: 1d20+2: [9]+2 = 11 , 1d20+2: [17]+2 = 19 , 1d20+2: [5]+2 = 7 , 1d20+2: [12]+2 = 14 , 1d20+2: [8]+2 = 10
Dodge: 1d20+2: [3]+2 = 5 , 1d20+2: [16]+2 = 18 , 1d20+2: [16]+2 = 18 , 1d20+2: [18]+2 = 20 , 1d20+2: [3]+2 = 5
Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 62/77
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with overcoat
Legs: +12 with overcoat
Main Body: +28 with overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Right leg Quivers
Front: 4 explosives (2 light, 2 heavy), 1 smoke, 1 Flare
Side: 6 Wooden stake arrows
Left leg Quivers
Front: 4 explosives (2 light, 2 heavy), 1 smoke, 1 Flare
Side: 6 Wooden stake arrows
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
User avatar
Rory
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:35 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Rory »

Perception: d100: 1d100: [73] = 73 / 21%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: 1d20: [4] = 4 | 1d100: 1d100: [8] = 8
Initiative: 1d20+3: [4]+3 = 7

Rory scowls and restrains a curse as all her plans are foiled - yet again.

"Right then, ya little..."

A falling piece of debris makes enough sound to drown out the word she says.

She shoves the Scroll of Illusory Terrain back in the backpack and pulls out a Scroll of Disharmonize. As soon as they're in range, she'll cast it on the group of hovercycles. A smile creeps onto her face as her mind races. "I've seen Coalition formations fall apart after gettin' hit with this, and they had years of training. Two dozen high speed hovercycles in close formation? Oh, this is gonna be fun."

Actions:
1 Cast Armor of Ithan on self
2-4? Cast Disharmonize (range: 1000', radius of effect: 150', duration: 15 minutes) from scroll on hovercycle formation
(Not sure how many actions it takes to cast a spell from a scroll - defaulting to the normal time to cast that spell as an interim guess)

Rory.
Status
-Current Hit Points: 39/39
-Current SDC: 25/25
-Current PPE: 140/140

Armor: High Magus armor
Helmet: 45
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 30 each
Main Body: 50

Weapons:
Slung over back: Nuhr rune musket rifle
Range: 1,600'
Damage: 6D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 50 blasts
Weight: 8.5 lbs.
Features: Costs 40 P.P.E. to reload
Modifiers: P.S. <26: -3 to strike

Utility belt: Vibro-axe
Range: Close Combat
Damage: 2D6 M.D.
Payload: 1 E-Clip will last approximately 1 hour
Weight: 4 lbs

Energy Sphere (290 P.P.E.)
OOC Comments
User avatar
Leo
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Leo »

Perception 37% 1d100: [37] = 37

JIC: 1d20: [3] = 3
JIC: 1d100: [2] = 2

Conditions:
  • Blood Cursed
Leo stands watching the approaching plumes of dust.
Victoria wrote:”This seems quite a thing huh, little brother.”
He grips his railgun so she will not see his hand trembling, and sets his jaw. In this monment, the big Titan Juicer can only think of his father, and the look of steel in his eye when there was a fight coming. He nods. "Yup. Quite a thing. If shit goes south... get the family out as best you can."

He flicks on the power to his railgun, hearing the reassuring hum. It's showtime. He tries to ignore the tiredness in his bones.

As the power armors peel off, Leo activates his jet pack, prepared to engage them in the air. He flies upward, then strafes side to side, jerking his jetpack in a random direction at random intervals to effect a dodge of any incoming fire (auto-dodges).

Pilot: Jet Packs 104% 1d100: [71] = 71

Initiative: 1d20+1: [10]+1 = 11

APM: 6

Action 1: Take off, flying jet pack
Action 2: Shoot with Railgun, rearest target in range 1d20+5: [7]+5 = 12 ; Damage 1d6*10: [3]*10 = 30 M.D.
Action 3: Shoot with Railgun, rearest target in range 1d20+5: [14]+5 = 19 ; Damage 1d6*10: [1]*10 = 10 M.D.
Action 4: Shoot with Railgun, rearest target in range 1d20+5: [18]+5 = 23 (Crit!); Damage 1d6*10: [2]*10 = 20 X2 = 40 M.D.
Action 5: Shoot with Railgun, rearest target in range 1d20+5: [8]+5 = 13 ; Damage 1d6*10: [3]*10 = 30 M.D.
Action 6: Shoot with Railgun, rearest target in range 1d20+5: [11]+5 = 16 ; Damage 1d6*10: [6]*10 = 60 M.D.

Auto-Dodges: 1) 1d20+2: [9]+2 = 11 ; 2) 1d20+2: [13]+2 = 15 ; 3) 1d20+2: [13]+2 = 15 ; 4) 1d20+2: [18]+2 = 20 ; 5) 1d20+2: [18]+2 = 20 ; 6) 1d20+2: [20]+2 = 22 (Nat. 20!)
Leo, Titan Juicer
Theme song: Thunderstruck - AC/DC
OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 570/1070

Titan Plate armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 79/195
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 319
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Dhaltuun Onyxforge »

Perception: 31% / [roll]1d100[/roll]: [46] = 46 [/roll] /
JiC d20 | d100: [roll]1d20[/roll]: [8] = 8 [/roll] | [roll]1d100[/roll]: [58] = 58 [/roll]
Initiative: [roll]1d20+1[/roll]: [3]+1 = 4 [/roll]
APM: 6

PPE: 133 at end of post / 143

Conditions:
Energy sphere (300 ppe)
Superhuman Strength = SN PS 30 / SN PE 24 / +30 sdc / Dur: 14 rds

Skills:




Post -
Dhaltuun looks around, momentarily stunned. ”Oh Fuck!! This is really happening!!” He grabs his longarm and heads for the fallen tower. As he runs he looks at the rubble. ”I am nor the dwarf my cousins are. I like water not rocks!! What do i do?” within a couple steps, he has an idea. Sliding to his knees as he approaches the rubble. ”Vlad, i need you here. Jessie, Help with those flyers.” He then prepares to cast some magic.

Once Vlad arrives, ”I need to shift into your small animal form and see if you can find a way in, while i try to move some rocks.” after directing Vlad, dhal lets go of his rifle so that it hangs by its sling, and casts Superhuman strength as he pulls on the rubble, trying to free those under it.



APM: 6
Initiative: [roll]1d20[/roll]: [1] = 1 [/roll]

A1) run to rubble
A2 - A6) free those trapped
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 80&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
  • Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line
Sense Rifts
  • Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.
Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
  • Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details
Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
  • P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)
Familiar Link
  • Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.
Summoning
  • Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1654
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Consumer »

Road to Redemption: A play in three parts, part two.
Time and Weather wrote:Location: Milton Homestead (approximately 110 miles from Odessa, Approximately 60 miles south of CS Lonestars actual border)
Date: April 10, 111 PA, 2:04 PM (15 seconds have passed)
Weather: High 73°, Low 35°; light clouds.
Map
Image

Mission Notes
Murdoc: Piloting Violator SAMAS, Airborne
Leo: Airborne.
Teres: North East Tower.
Jason: Piloting Bonaparte, inside the compound.
Dhaltuun: At ruined tower.
Rufus: Airborne.
Rory: South West Watchtower.
Jessie: Outside the walls
Minor Earth Elemental: North East Tower.
Vlad: Under tower rubble.
The Miltons that can fight and the ranch hands are manning the other towers.
The Miltons that can’t fight are hiding in the garage.


Jason frantically works to counter the jamming, taking several seemingly forever moments to find a viable radar signature. He gets a clear picture for a few moments and is able to verify two of the SAMASs are performing the massive electronic warfare. Jason decides to fire a few heavy 105mm HEAT rounds at one of the two SAMAS. The first round hits, while the second is dodged.

Rufus for his part begins casting a series of spells to enhance himself and protect those who are buried under the wreckage of the fallen watch tower. Rufus makes a plea to the gods and the recently met priest Brom, but at the moment no replies seem forthcoming.

Teres not being on one of the towers, makes a mad dash to climb the ladder of the north eastern tower. Once on top, Teres finds there is no cover to be had really, as the towers weren’t really designed for combat. Undeterred, Teres lines up a few shots on the speeding hovercylces, opting to hit the rider instead of the bike. Her first shot goes wide, while her second shot hits, and the third shot goes wide once more as Teres over compensates for leading the target.

Rory alone on the south western tower, casts Armor of Ithan, a solid defensive spell, before pulling out a scroll of a much more powerful spell. Reading the words on the parchment she feels the energy stored in the scroll coalesce. Rory targets the largest group of bikes she can, and thinks she got four of the bikes in the area of effect. Though she’s not entirely sure how many actually were affected.

Leo activates his jetpack and flies into the air with some surprising grace, a definite change from some of his earlier flights. Leo fires short controlled bursts into the Hovercycles, tracking them with some precision. Over the course of several bursts he’s able to wreck one of the hovercycles and put the rider down for good.

Dhaltuun takes Rufus’ words to heart. He hops from the APC and begins hustling as fast as his legs can towards the fallen tower. Along the way he yells for Vlad, who follows him out of the APC. Vlad seems to be able to easily keep up with Dhaltuun’s much slower pace. Dhaltuun tells Vlad to become something small and look under the rubble of steel girders and plates. Vlad takes the form of a rat and speeds off. Leaving Vlad to continue to hustle towards the tower. (18’/action.) Along the way Dhaltuun casts Superhuman strength on himself, and finally reaches the tower.

Murdoc takes to the sky. Aiming to deal with the SAMAS threat. Four to one is poor odds even for a skilled pilot. Murdoc shows he is definitely a better pilot than the bandits, flying evasively around gunfire and mini-missiles. Murdoc is able to put some damage on one of the SAMAS, but it’s far from done.

Jessie hears Dhlatuun’s orders, but is very sure she can’t catch the flying power armors. So, she does the next best thing, and moves down toward the circling hovercycles. She manages to stop one of the vehicles with a series of sword slashes, causing the driver to tumble from the vehicle.

The Earth Elemental Is causing all manner of distractions as the hovercycles become disorganized by pillars of stone shooting up in front of their bikes.

The Bandits act in kind. Several of the hovercycles fire on the towers and gates with a mixture of lasers and heavy machine guns. The SAMASs above fire a quartet of mini-missiles at Bonaparte. Jason tries to shoot them down, but fails to make contact, receiving some damage. Murdoc on the other hand gets strafed by grenade rounds from some manner of grenade launcher, only a pair of them catch the Violator SAMAS. So far the fight is indeterminable, the gates are still standing and the remaining towers are still standing well enough. Perceptive folk notice one of the bikes turn tail and run.

Combat Post Round 2


GM Notes: Radar and Radio are being jammed. To break through either requires a ECM roll at -60% and one action, and the effects are good for the round. Note all radio messages will still be spotty.
There are 4 SAMAS variants, models unknown. There are 21 Hovercycles of various terrestrial makes.
I’m running this a little loose, they’re in range of most weapons save very short.
Here’s the time for creative skill use and whatnot. ~Consumer


Butcher’s Bill
Jason: Armor Main Body: -28 M.D.C, -5 shots Thunder gun
Bonaparte: Main Body: -84 M.D.C.
Rufus: P.P.E. -118, -1 shot thunder gun, Invincible Armor 200/200 (1d6/melee), Fly as Eagle.
Dhaltuun: 153/163 P.P.E., Superhuman Strength
Leo: -140 rounds. Blood Cursed.
Murdoc: -6 mini-missiles, -6 grenades.
Violator SAMAS: Main Body: -30 M.D.C.
Teres:
Jessie: Armor: -38 M.D.C.
Rory: Energy Sphere: 300/300.
Note: Vehicle damage/Ammo expenditures will be added to Mission notes..
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Teres Barton »

Perception: 1d100: [89] = 89 / 54%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [12] = 12 | 1d100: [51] = 51

Hmm going that wide? I need more practice with this thing. probably the fact it shoots lightning and not real arrows. Hmmm, rubber targeting mats maybe? Teres thinks as she readies to take aim again. going from what little cover is present takes aim much like the last time. Fighting blind was not fun. without radio was not optimum. The CS did train in this but they had standard gear for such things as Tactical strobe lights and headlamp lights has been a huge asset. Perhaps she should buy some next time she was in town for her armor. IR lights and flashers could save lives and be useful. her old militia helmets and body armor had them installed not only for rescue but as a stealthy answer to light for communicating, looking over terrain, and reading maps/papers that are not on the visor.

Combat
OOC Comments
Initiative: 1d20: [14] = 14
ATM: 5
W.P. Archery (Master) - +3 strike, +2 Disarm, Movement modifiers no longer apply.
OOC Comments
This skill is not applicable to crossbows, and similar weapons of a mechanical nature.
Movement modifiers no longer apply.
Add 20' to the effective range of the weapon per skill level.
Rate of Fire: As per the character's hand-to-hand attacks per melee.
+1 to strike at levels 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, and 14.
+1 to parry with the bow itself at level 1.
+1 to disarm at levels 2, 5, 10, and 15.
+1 to initiative for characters with a P.P. of 17 or less, +2 for a P.P. of 18 to 23, +3 for a P.P. of 24 to 30, and +4 for a P.P. of 31+.
Critical Strike on natural 19 or 20.
This supplants standard Archery W.P. skills and bonuses, it does not stack with them, though bonuses from W.P. Targeting may still apply and stack as normal.
1: Tesla bow: 1d20+3: [5]+3 = 8 ,Damage: 4d6: [3, 5, 1, 4] = 13 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
2: Tesla bow: 1d20+3: [13]+3 = 16 ,Damage: 4d6: [4, 3, 4, 4] = 15 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
3: Tesla bow: 1d20+3: [13]+3 = 16 ,Damage: 4d6: [5, 2, 4, 3] = 14 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
4: Tesla bow: 1d20+3: [1]+3 = 4 ,Damage: 4d6: [4, 6, 5, 5] = 20 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
5: return to cover
(if needed)
Parry: 1d20+2: [1]+2 = 3 , 1d20+2: [10]+2 = 12 , 1d20+2: [12]+2 = 14 , 1d20+2: [3]+2 = 5 , 1d20+2: [12]+2 = 14
Dodge: 1d20+2: [1]+2 = 3 , 1d20+2: [11]+2 = 13 , 1d20+2: [4]+2 = 6 , 1d20+2: [8]+2 = 10 , 1d20+2: [14]+2 = 16
Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 62/77
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with overcoat
Legs: +12 with overcoat
Main Body: +28 with overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Right leg Quivers
Front: 4 explosives (2 light, 2 heavy), 1 smoke, 1 Flare
Side: 6 Wooden stake arrows
Left leg Quivers
Front: 4 explosives (2 light, 2 heavy), 1 smoke, 1 Flare
Side: 6 Wooden stake arrows
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
User avatar
Leo
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Leo »

Perception 37% 1d100: [13] = 13

JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2
JIC: 1d100: [57] = 57

Conditions:
  • Blood Cursed
Leo continues strafing the hovercycles as before. If he spots one that he sees will come within 200' of him, he throws the first of his three Fire Globes at the trespasser, set to explode on impact.

Gifts from Rufus... I should let them know.

Otherwise he continues as before, juking in random directions while strafing.

Good thing about fighting from up here - enemy can't see how tired I am. And neither can my friends. Let's give 'em a good show.

Pilot: Jet Packs 104% 1d100: [40] = 40

"YOU STILL GOT TIME TO TURN AROUND, SUCKAS! IT'S SHOWTIME! COME GET YER TICKETS PUNCHED!"

Initiative: 1d20+1: [20]+1 = 21

APM: 6

Action 1: Shoot with Railgun, nearest target in range 1d20+5: [18]+5 = 23 (Crit!); Damage 1d6*10: [1]*10 = 10 X 2 = 20 M.D.
Action 2: Shoot with Railgun, nearest target in range 1d20+5: [8]+5 = 13 ; Damage 1d6*10: [5]*10 = 50 M.D.
Action 3: Shoot with Railgun, nearest target in range 1d20+5: [16]+5 = 21 ; Damage 1d6*10: [3]*10 = 30 M.D.
Action 4: Shoot with Railgun, nearest target in range 1d20+5: [3]+5 = 8 ; Damage 1d6*10: [4]*10 = 40 M.D.
Action 5: Shoot with Railgun, nearest target in range 1d20+5: [6]+5 = 11 ; Damage 1d6*10: [5]*10 = 50 M.D.
Action 6: Shoot with Railgun, nearest target in range 1d20+5: [19]+5 = 24 (Crit!); Damage 1d6*10: [4]*10 = 40 X2 = 80 M.D.

Contingent action (any): Throw Fire Globe 1d20+4: [8]+4 = 12 ; Damage 5d6: [1, 3, 4, 5, 3] = 16 M.D. on impact & 5d6: [4, 6, 1, 1, 5] = 17 additional M.D. per melee round for 1d4: [3] = 3 minutes after impact. "HEY! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!"

Auto-Dodges: 1) 1d20+2: [9]+2 = 11 ; 2) 1d20+2: [8]+2 = 10 ; 3) 1d20+2: [2]+2 = 4 ; 4) 1d20+2: [9]+2 = 11 ; 5) 1d20+2: [14]+2 = 16 ; 6) 1d20+2: [19]+2 = 21
Leo, Titan Juicer
Theme song: Thunderstruck - AC/DC
OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 570/1070

Titan Plate armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 79/195
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 358
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Jason Long »

Perception: 71% / 1d100: [42] = 42
JIC: 1d20: [6] = 6 / 1d100: [23] = 23

Damn, one of those rounds was a good hit, looks like those armors are tough, well, let them keep closing Jason takes a quick look around, seeing no one in close, he fires again at the Samas he damaged with the 105 HEAT, trying to take one of their ECM suits out of the fight. While the gun is cycling, he fires a burst from the ion cannon at the closest hovercycle. When the 105 is ready again, if the suit he damaged is still flying, he shoots at it again with a HEAT round. If it is down, he will target the other ECM suit with the 105 HEAT. He then fires the ion cannon at the closest hovercycle. He works conservatively, holding back to keep Bonaparte's damage to a minimum, since this looks like it could be a long fight

Initiative: 1d20+6: [1]+6 = 7
Actions: 8
1: Fire the 105mm HEAT round at the Samas he damaged. 1d20+8: [2]+8 = 10 to hit 2d6*10: [5, 4]*10 = 90 MD
2: Fire burst from the ion cannon at the closest hovercycle 1d20+8: [4]+8 = 12 to hit 1d6*10: [5]*10 = 50 MD
3: Fire the 105mm HEAT round at the Samas he damaged or the other ECM suit 1d20+8: [14]+8 = 22 to hit 2d6*10: [3, 6]*10 = 90 MD
4: Fire burst from the ion cannon at the closest hovercycle 1d20+8: [7]+8 = 15 to hit 1d6*10: [4]*10 = 40 MD
5-8: reserved for dodges: 1d20+9: [6]+9 = 15 , 1d20+9: [17]+9 = 26 , 1d20+9: [14]+9 = 23 , 1d20+9: [16]+9 = 25


Jason
Jason Long
OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 306
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Rufus »

Perception: 1d100<83: [12*] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13 / 1d100: [36] = 36
Initiative: 1d20+4: [11]+4 = 15 (includes +1 from Empress Heavy Ion Pistol)
APM: 7

Conditions:
- PPE: 185/303
- Wall of Wind
protecting north-west tower & wall. 39.75 minutes remaining; has an equivalent supernatural PS of 40; 80' long and 48' high.

- Fly as the Eagle Spell
159.75 minutes remaining; 50 mph max speed; +1 to parry, +2 to dodge and +2 to damage on a diving attack

- Invincible Armor
23.75 minutes remaining; 200 MDC & regenerates 1d6 MDC per round; offers complete environmental protection from heat, cold, disease, pollution, toxic gases, fumes, etc., and provides the wearer with an independent oxygen supply. Furthermore, all energy attacks, magic or mundane, inflict only half their usual damage to the armor

- Magic Optics System
14.75 minutes remaining; Eyes of the Wolf, See Aura, See the Invisible, and Detect Concealment all same as the spell at 3rd level proficiency

Consumer wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 3:49 pmPerceptive folk notice one of the bikes turn tail and run.
Rufus' eyes narrow as he sees the bandit quitting the battlefield. "En kositrni vojak odjaha..." he mutters to himself as an old Pre-Cataclysm folk song plays in his head. So how do you communicate on the battlefield when radio and sensors are being jammed? You use runners. Tactic as old as time. Too fast for me to catch up, but it does give me an idea... he growls softly as he gives his ring of invisibility a twist. But first things first.

He dives over the wall and skims over the ground at top speed towards the hovercycles that appear to be coming in for strafing attacks. With gestures and activation words he attempts to ensnare any riders within 60 feet of him and with his pistol unleashes ion blasts at hovercycle engines/thrusters further away -- aiming to dislodge any and all riders he can from their vehicles.

I Have... A CUNNING PLAN...
Notes:
- Critical Strike on unmodified roll of 18, 19, or 20
- Heavy Ion Pistol: +1 to initiative, +3 to strike, critical strike on Natural 17-20; EMP effect -- a localized EMP discharge from a called shot against any electrical, cybernetic, or bionic location struck will disable that location/item for 1d6 melee rounds.

Actions:
1.) Activate Ring of Invisibility. Charge 1 of 3; 10 minutes duration
2.) Cast Magic Net at bandit rider if within 60' (7 PPE; 4 minutes duration; target must dodge at 16+) or shot with ion pistol hoping to hit an engine/thruster if within 600'. Strike: 1d20+7: [10]+7 = 17 , Damage: 6d6+2: [2, 3, 1, 6, 1, 1]+2 = 16 plus possible EMP effect
3.) Cast Magic Net at bandit rider if within 60' (7 PPE; 4 minutes duration; target must dodge at 16+) or shot with ion pistol hoping to hit an engine/thruster if within 600'. Strike: 1d20+7: [13]+7 = 20 , Damage: 6d6+2: [6, 4, 4, 2, 3, 6]+2 = 27 plus possible EMP effect
4.) Cast Magic Net at bandit rider if within 60' (7 PPE; 4 minutes duration; target must dodge at 16+) or shot with ion pistol hoping to hit an engine/thruster if within 600'. Strike: 1d20+7: [13]+7 = 20 , Damage: 6d6+2: [1, 3, 1, 3, 3, 2]+2 = 15 plus possible EMP effect
5.) Cast Magic Net at bandit rider if within 60' (7 PPE; 4 minutes duration; target must dodge at 16+) or shot with ion pistol hoping to hit an engine/thruster if within 600'. Strike: 1d20+7: [20]+7 = 27 , Damage: 6d6+2: [4, 1, 4, 3, 5, 3]+2 = 22 plus possible EMP effect CRIT!
6.) Cast Magic Net at bandit rider if within 60' (7 PPE; 4 minutes duration; target must dodge at 16+) or shot with ion pistol hoping to hit an engine/thruster if within 600'. Strike: 1d20+7: [11]+7 = 18 , Damage: 6d6+2: [1, 4, 5, 6, 5, 5]+2 = 28 plus possible EMP effect
7.) Reserved for dodging. Dodge: 1d20+9: [9]+9 = 18
User avatar
Rory
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:35 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Rory »

Perception: d100: 1d100: [94] = 94 / 21%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: 1d20: [3] = 3 | 1d100: 1d100: [6] = 6
Initiative: 1d20+3: [15]+3 = 18

Rory nods as she catches a few of the riders in the area of effect. Only four, apparently, but that's four now particularly uncooperative bikers.
She swings her rune musket into place as she kneels to brace herself and aims at the hovercyclists.
They'll see me shoot slowly, and probably assign me a low threat value. But if they bunch up, or move into any kind of tight formation, I can try for another area effect spell. Wonder if they'll even recognize the risk? Nah, they'll think I'm some sort of kid, what with me bein', well, short an' all.

Actions:
1-2 Fire Nuhr rune musket (Aimed shot) 1d20: [12] = 12 to hit. 5d6: [1, 6, 4, 2, 5] = 18 M.D.
3-4 Fire Nuhr rune musket (Aimed shot) 1d20: [9] = 9 to hit. 5d6: [1, 4, 3, 3, 3] = 14 M.D.

Rory.
Status
-Current Hit Points: 39/39
-Current SDC: 25/25
-Current PPE: 140/140

Armor: High Magus armor
Helmet: 45
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 30 each
Main Body: 50

Weapons:
Slung over back: Nuhr rune musket rifle
Range: 1,600'
Damage: 6D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 50 blasts
Weight: 8.5 lbs.
Features: Costs 40 P.P.E. to reload
Modifiers: P.S. <26: -3 to strike

Utility belt: Vibro-axe
Range: Close Combat
Damage: 2D6 M.D.
Payload: 1 E-Clip will last approximately 1 hour
Weight: 4 lbs

Energy Sphere (290 P.P.E.)
OOC Comments
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1654
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Consumer »

Road to Redemption: A play in three parts, part two.
Time and Weather wrote:Location: Milton Homestead (approximately 110 miles from Odessa, Approximately 60 miles south of CS Lonestars actual border)
Date: April 10, 111 PA, 2:04 PM (15 seconds have passed)
Weather: High 73°, Low 35°; light clouds.
Map
Image

Mission Notes
Murdoc: Piloting Violator SAMAS, Airborne
Leo: Airborne.
Teres: North East Tower.
Jason: Piloting Bonaparte, inside the compound.
Dhaltuun: At ruined tower.
Rufus: Airborne, approximately 400’ outside the walls
Rory: South West Watchtower.
Jessie: Outside the walls
Minor Earth Elemental: Outside the walls.
Vlad: Under tower rubble.
The Miltons that can fight and the ranch hands are manning the other towers.
The Miltons that can’t fight are hiding in the garage.


Teres thinks about alternative communication methods while firing on the hovercycle pilots, her first shot misses, while the second and third ones hit, followed by a more impressive miss of her forth shot. Teres backs away from the edge of the platform as that is the only cover available to her. Leo flies about firing controlled bursts of his railgun at the hovercycles, taking out one and heavily damaging another. All the while he calls out to them, in a taunting tone. Jason follows the SAMAS he shot with his optics as the jamming has taken back over, firing a shot of Bonapartes cannon, which misses, before raising the altitude of Bonaparte to take shots at the low flying hovercycles. Managing to damage one bike fairly well, with two shots. Jason’s second cannon shot does hit the SAMAS but it seems to be going strong still. Rufus goes invisible and has to move out a bit to get in range for even his pistol, but he seems to have decent enough success hitting targets and even seems to have effected at least something important in one bike as it sputters to a stop. Meanwhile Rory takes a few careful shots with her Nhur Musket, but only hits one target.

Dhaltuun begins the slow process of extricating the folks pinned under the collapsed tower. Murdoc continues to dogfight against four SAMAS giving a good showing of it as almost all of them are damaged at this point. Jessie continues chasing down the riders who have been dismounted from their bikes, while the earth elemental manages to stop one dead in it’s tracks.

Meanwhile the hovercycles continue their tactic of circling the homestead and taking pot shots at the towers, gates and the defenders. Bonaparte gets hit for a minimal amount of laser damage from one of the bikes. Murdoc takes a sizable hit from a grenade. Leo gets tagged once by a laser from a bike, as does Teres

Combat Post Round 2

GM Notes: Radar and Radio are being jammed, to get a radio message through, one must roll ECM at -60% to get a barely recognizable message through.
There are 4 SAMAS variants, models unknown. There are 24 Hovercycles of various terrestrial makes.
I’m running this a little loose, they’re in range of most weapons save very short.
Here’s the time for creative skill use and whatnot. ~Consumer


Butcher’s Bill
Jason: Armor Main Body: -28 M.D.C, -5 shots Thunder gun
Bonaparte: Main Body: -90 M.D.C.
Rufus: P.P.E. -118, -1 shot thunder gun, Invincible Armor 200/200 (1d6/melee), Fly as Eagle, Invisibility (10 minutes)
Dhaltuun: 153/163 P.P.E., Superhuman Strength
Leo: -15 M.D.C., -140 rounds. Blood Cursed.
Murdoc: -6 mini-missiles, -6 grenades.
Violator SAMAS: Main Body: -70 M.D.C.
Teres: -14 M.D.C.
Jessie: Armor: -38 M.D.C.
Rory: Energy Sphere: 300/300.
Note: Vehicle damage/Ammo expenditures will be added to Mission notes..
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 358
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Jason Long »

Perception: 1d100: [58] = 58
JIC: 1d20: [6] = 6 / 1d100: [48] = 48

Skills:
((Pilot: Ground Veritechs (all)--121% / 1d100: [16] = 16 )) Placing Bonaparte directly in line with as many bikes as possible

Jason glances around at the damage and potential losses, This isn't working. He pats the panel of the VHT Time for a futile and stupid gesture.... Jason fires another 105 shell at the same SAMAS and leaps Bonaparte closer to the wall. While in the air, he fires at a hoverbike. The same as his last series of attacks. That's not the real reason for the move. Before dropping, he plots out where he will have to land outside the wall to line up at least two bikes, but as many as possible in the firing arc of Bonaparte's 105 canister round. None of them have seen any of the hovertank's area effect munitions. And, the hoverbike rider's laser will do less damage to Bonaparte's resistant armor than to any of his team-mates armor. He jumps a second time, aiming for his firing point. If there just happens to be a bike in the landing zone, Jason will drop the 25.4 ton mech on it. Either way, when he lands, Jason will loose the 105 trying to get as many bikes as he can. He will then jump back inside the wall, if possible.

Initiative: 1d20+6: [17]+6 = 23
Actions: 8
1: fire HEAT at the SAMAS: 1d20+8: [1]+8 = 9 To Hit, 2d6*10: [1, 6]*10 = 70 MD
2: Jump towards the wall
3: Fire Ion cannon at hoverbike: 1d20+8: [10]+8 = 18 to hit, 1d6*10: [6]*10 = 60
4: Jump to firing position
5: Land on bike 1d20+8: [14]+8 = 22 to hit, 5d6: [4, 5, 2, 5, 4] = 20 MD (Kick damage)
6: (or 5 if no bike in area) Fire 105 Cannister shell at line of bikes 1d20+8: [6]+8 = 14 to hit, 1d8*10: [4]*10 = 40 to 25'area out to 1250', 1d4*10: [1]*10 = 10 to 50' area out to 2500'
7 and 8 saved for dodge (plus 6 is no bike to drop on): 1d20+9: [19]+9 = 28 , 1d20+9: [5]+9 = 14 , ( 1d20+9: [9]+9 = 18 )
Jason Long
OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Teres Barton »

Perception: 1d100: [82] = 82 / 54%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [10] = 10 | 1d100: [58] = 58

Well, that went bad...Glad no one was hurt by that. the Master archer thinks. This tower would not last forever and it was wise to not be in the same spot longer than necessary. As the woman looks for a shot and then releases she spots for places to find cover if there are any. Probably something they should have thought about prepping defenses. all that dirt dug up might have been bagged and used for cover..well maybe next time. If there is a next time for her.

"Time for another crack at the lightning." Teres said to no one and went from cover then made her shots focusing all 3 on one rider and returns to what little cover is about. as she releases the battle experience and instincts begin to already suggest targets.

She grins as the on good contact hit dead-on as she is releasing the bolts. The hit was just timed right. and the CS once gave her trouble for wanting a bow. Heh, and you can not do that with a DMR or sniper rifle...


Combat
OOC Comments
Initiative: 1d20: [5] = 5
ATM: 5
W.P. Archery (Master) - +3 strike, +2 Disarm, Movement modifiers no longer apply.
OOC Comments
This skill is not applicable to crossbows, and similar weapons of a mechanical nature.
Movement modifiers no longer apply.
Add 20' to the effective range of the weapon per skill level.
Rate of Fire: As per the character's hand-to-hand attacks per melee.
+1 to strike at levels 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, and 14.
+1 to parry with the bow itself at level 1.
+1 to disarm at levels 2, 5, 10, and 15.
+1 to initiative for characters with a P.P. of 17 or less, +2 for a P.P. of 18 to 23, +3 for a P.P. of 24 to 30, and +4 for a P.P. of 31+.
Critical Strike on natural 19 or 20.
This supplants standard Archery W.P. skills and bonuses, it does not stack with them, though bonuses from W.P. Targeting may still apply and stack as normal.
1: Tesla bow: 1d20+3: [10]+3 = 13 ,Damage: 4d6: [2, 2, 2, 1] = 7 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
2: Tesla bow: 1d20+3: [12]+3 = 15 ,Damage: 4d6: [3, 3, 6, 5] = 17 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
3: Tesla bow: 1d20+3: [19]+3 = 22 ,Damage: 4d6: [6, 3, 1, 4] = 14 x2 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
4: Tesla bow: 1d20+3: [15]+3 = 18 ,Damage: 4d6: [5, 4, 4, 2] = 15 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
5: return to cover
(if needed)
Parry: 1d20+2: [5]+2 = 7 , 1d20+2: [7]+2 = 9 , 1d20+2: [8]+2 = 10 , 1d20+2: [1]+2 = 3 , 1d20+2: [19]+2 = 21
Dodge: [rol]1d20+2[/roll], 1d20+2: [13]+2 = 15 , 1d20+2: [7]+2 = 9 , 1d20+2: [4]+2 = 6 , 1d20+2: [8]+2 = 10
Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 62/77
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with overcoat
Legs: +12 with overcoat
Main Body: +28 with overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Right leg Quivers
Front: 4 explosives (2 light, 2 heavy), 1 smoke, 1 Flare
Side: 6 Wooden stake arrows
Left leg Quivers
Front: 4 explosives (2 light, 2 heavy), 1 smoke, 1 Flare
Side: 6 Wooden stake arrows
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
User avatar
Leo
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Leo »

Perception 37% 1d100: [16] = 16

JIC: 1d20: [10] = 10
JIC: 1d100: [11] = 11

Conditions:
  • Blood Cursed
Leo hears the close sizzle-and-burn of a laser striking his armor, but is glad that for the most part, his tactic of juking and strafing is effective. At least for now. I'll have to change tactics sooner or later, I'm sure.

He continues his tactic, jerking his jetpack this way and that, while strafing the enemy with his railgun. If any get within 200', he will throw one of his three Fire Globes at them.

"COME ON YOU FOOLS! YOU'RE ATTACKING THE FIGHTING MILTONS!! WHAT DID YOU EXPECT, YOU'D RIDE IN AND BULLY US?"

Pilot: Jet Packs 104% 1d100: [49] = 49

"YOU SHOULD LEAVE, WHILE YOU'VE STILL GOT THE LEGS TO CARRY YOU !"

Initiative: 1d20+1: [14]+1 = 15

APM: 6

Action 1: Shoot with Railgun, nearest target in range 1d20+5: [12]+5 = 17 ; Damage 1d6*10: [6]*10 = 60 M.D.
Action 2: Shoot with Railgun, nearest target in range 1d20+5: [4]+5 = 9 ; Damage 1d6*10: [5]*10 = 50 M.D.
Action 3: Shoot with Railgun, nearest target in range 1d20+5: [13]+5 = 18 ; Damage 1d6*10: [1]*10 = 10 M.D.
Action 4: Shoot with Railgun, nearest target in range 1d20+5: [19]+5 = 24 (Crit!); Damage 1d6*10: [6]*10 = 60 X 2 = 120 M.D.
Action 5: Shoot with Railgun, nearest target in range 1d20+5: [16]+5 = 21 ; Damage 1d6*10: [5]*10 = 50 M.D.
Action 6: Shoot with Railgun, nearest target in range 1d20+5: [10]+5 = 15 ; Damage 1d6*10: [2]*10 = 20 M.D.

Contingent action (any): Throw Fire Globe 1d20+4: [13]+4 = 17 ; Damage 5d6: [2, 2, 3, 1, 1] = 9 M.D. on impact & 5d6: [1, 2, 1, 4, 4] = 12 additional M.D. per melee round for 1d4: [3] = 3 minutes after impact. "SPECIAL DELIVERY!"

Auto-Dodges: 1) 1d20+2: [18]+2 = 20 ; 2) 1d20+2: [9]+2 = 11 ; 3) 1d20+2: [18]+2 = 20 ; 4) 1d20+2: [12]+2 = 14 ; 5) 1d20+2: [3]+2 = 5 ; 6) 1d20+2: [11]+2 = 13
Leo, Titan Juicer
Theme song: Thunderstruck - AC/DC
OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 570/1070

Titan Plate armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 79/195
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 306
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Rufus »

Perception: 1d100<83: [66*] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [10] = 10 / 1d100: [66] = 66
Initiative: 1d20+4: [9]+4 = 13 (includes +1 from Empress Heavy Ion Pistol)
APM: 7

Conditions:
- PPE: 185/303
- Empress Ion Pistol: 3/8 shots remaining in current E-clip; 3 LE-clips remaining
- Wall of Wind
protecting north-west tower & wall. 39.5 minutes remaining; has an equivalent supernatural PS of 40; 80' long and 48' high.

- Fly as the Eagle Spell
159.5 minutes remaining; 50 mph max speed; +1 to parry, +2 to dodge and +2 to damage on a diving attack

- Invincible Armor: 200/200 MDC
23.5 minutes remaining; 200 MDC & regenerates 1d6 MDC per round; offers complete environmental protection from heat, cold, disease, pollution, toxic gases, fumes, etc., and provides the wearer with an independent oxygen supply. Furthermore, all energy attacks, magic or mundane, inflict only half their usual damage to the armor

- Magic Optics System
14.5 minutes remaining; Eyes of the Wolf, See Aura, See the Invisible, and Detect Concealment all same as the spell at 3rd level proficiency

- Eyes of the Wolf
Nightvision 60'/18.3m, See the Invisible (75%), Identify Plants & Fruits (70%), Identify Tracks (85%), Track (50%), Recognize Poison (65%)

- See Aura
Estimate general level of experience, presence of magic, presence of psychic abilities (low/minor or high/major or master), high or low base PPE, presence of a possessing entity, health, presence of unusual human aberration that could indicate serious illness or character is not human

- See the Invisible: 200 feet/61m
- Detect Concealment: 30' area

Rufus grunts with satisfaction of having at least brought down one hovercycle. Mental note, check on hovercycle after the EMP has worn off. In the meantime... He glances down at his pistol's ammo counter and growls at the few shots remaining.

"Bolje, da te strele štejejo..."
Better make these shots count
he snarls softly -- little more than a whisper, since one of the most important rules of not being seen is to also not be heard -- as he whirls around into position and levels his pistol once again.

I Still Have... A CUNNING PLAN...
Notes:
- Critical Strike on unmodified roll of 18, 19, or 20
- Heavy Ion Pistol: +1 to initiative, +3 to strike, critical strike on Natural 17-20; EMP effect -- a localized EMP discharge from a called shot against any electrical, cybernetic, or bionic location struck will disable that location/item for 1d6 melee rounds.

Actions:
1-2.) Called shot with ion pistol aiming for an engine/thruster if within 600'. Strike: 1d20+7: [18]+7 = 25 , Damage: 6d6+2: [4, 1, 6, 4, 4, 1]+2 = 22 plus possible EMP effect
3-4.) Called shot with ion pistol aiming for an engine/thruster if within 600'. Strike: 1d20+7: [1]+7 = 8 , Damage: 6d6+2: [1, 4, 3, 3, 3, 4]+2 = 20 plus possible EMP effect
5-6.) Called shot with ion pistol aiming for an engine/thruster if within 600'. Strike: 1d20+7: [4]+7 = 11 , Damage: 6d6+2: [6, 4, 5, 2, 1, 1]+2 = 21 plus possible EMP effect
7.) Reserved for dodging. Dodge: 1d20+9: [13]+9 = 22
User avatar
Rory
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:35 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Rory »

Perception: d100: 1d100: [41] = 41 / 21%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: 1d20: [7] = 7 | 1d100: 1d100: [61] = 61
Initiative: 1d20+3: [14]+3 = 17

Rory stays low (which is quite easy for her) and continues shooting at the hovercyclists. If anyone comes close enough, she'll throw a fire globe instead of shooting and use the action thus freed up to dodge (if needed).

Actions:
1-2 Fire Nuhr rune musket (Aimed shot) 1d20: [16] = 16 to hit. 5d6: [3, 4, 4, 5, 6] = 22 M.D.
3-4 Fire Nuhr rune musket (Aimed shot) 1d20: [18] = 18 to hit. 5d6: [5, 5, 1, 6, 3] = 20 M.D.

(Hurling a fire globe instead of one of the shots uses only one action, and allows a dodge)

Rory.
Status
-Current Hit Points: 39/39
-Current SDC: 25/25
-Current PPE: 140/140

Armor: High Magus armor
Helmet: 45
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 30 each
Main Body: 50

Weapons:
Slung over back: Nuhr rune musket rifle
Range: 1,600'
Damage: 6D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 48 blasts
Weight: 8.5 lbs.
Features: Costs 40 P.P.E. to reload
Modifiers: P.S. <26: -3 to strike

Utility belt: Vibro-axe
Range: Close Combat
Damage: 2D6 M.D.
Payload: 1 E-Clip will last approximately 1 hour
Weight: 4 lbs

Energy Sphere (290 P.P.E.)
OOC Comments
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1654
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Consumer »

Road to Redemption: A play in three parts, part two.
Time and Weather wrote:Location: Milton Homestead (approximately 110 miles from Odessa, Approximately 60 miles south of CS Lonestars actual border)
Date: April 10, 111 PA, 2:04 PM (15 seconds have passed)
Weather: High 73°, Low 35°; light clouds.
Map
Image

Mission Notes
Murdoc: Piloting Violator SAMAS, Airborne
Leo: Airborne.
Teres: North East Tower.
Jason: Piloting Bonaparte, inside the compound.
Dhaltuun: At ruined tower.
Rufus: Airborne, approximately 400’ outside the walls
Rory: South West Watchtower.
Jessie: Outside the walls
Minor Earth Elemental: Outside the walls.
Vlad: Under tower rubble.
The Miltons that can fight and the ranch hands are manning the other towers.
The Miltons that can’t fight are hiding in the garage.


Jason spends a brief moment looking for the SAMAS he’s been shooting at, a mildly difficult task when there are five flying in erratic directions. Jason does find his target, or at least he thinks it’s his target. He aims with the equivalent of an iron sight, and fires only to notice the SAMAS dipped down low enough to cause Jason to fire the HEAT round clean through the roof of the Milton’s house. Jason considers a few details before jumping the Hovertank outside the compound. He uses a brief few seconds and a relatively clear line of sight to fire his Ion cannon at one of the hoverbikes, scoring a decent hit, but not enough to stop it. Jason jumps the hovertank once more, getting about a hundred feet away from the homestead.At this position, Jason tries to line up a shot into the encircling Hovercycles. The shot isn’t spectacular, but it does score hits on three or four bikes, Jason is unsure with all the dust being kicked up.

Teres stands up on the platform she’s on as firing a bow from prone is very hard, even a magical one. Teres considers some things to herself, before firing four shots into a single rider. All of them hit, and he does seem a bit sluggish, but it’s clear his armor has kept him alive for now. Teres follows this up with crouching back to make herself less of a target.

Leo performing an aerial dance of death, raining railgun rounds into the hovercycles. Most of his shots hit, removing one vehicle cleanly and trashing one of the already damaged ones. This causes the pilots to tumble and bounce off the ground. Leo bellows a threat, whether the gang members hear it, or not is up to debate.

Rufus hidden from view due to magic, is flying just inside range for his pistol. Rufus takes time to aim at the speeding hovercycles, trying to hit their engines. His first shot is no good, hitting the dirt behind the bike, His second shot is dead on, causing the bike to sputter and stall, leaving the frustrated driver confused. Rufus’ third shot is too far ahead of his target, again hitting the dirt.

Rory like Rufus, decides to take her time shooting, unlike Rufus, both of her shots manage to hit the damaged bike she’s aiming at, causing it to careen into the ground, throwing its rider.

Murdoc in the sky unleashes the last of his mini-missiles and somehow manages to finally take out the SAMAS that Jason had put a lot of work into. The SAMAS hurdles to the ground and explodes upon impact leaving a decent sized crater. Murdoc then makes his way to attack one of the SAMAS that has been hurling grenades at him this whole fight.

Dhaltuun starts the slow and dangerous task of extricating the two trapped ranch hands. Slowly shifting girders to make room, while trying to avoid accidentally crushing them at the same time. Jessie and the Earth Elemental team up and begin dealing with the grounded pilots, who do not seem very interested in surrendering at the moment.

The bandits spend most of their time taking pot shots, but when Bonaparte hops out and makes the threat of itself widely known, He takes more than a few shots. Thankfully the laser resistant armor shrugs off a great deal of the damage.

Jason, Leo, and Rufus notice something approaching from the south. At the distance, it appears to be a pair of massive quadrupeds. The details are hard to make out but in the haze one seems to be a deep shade of blue, while the other is a bright shade of red, they do appear to be making haste towards the homestead.

Combat Post Round 3

GM Notes: Radar and Radio are being jammed, to get a radio message through, one must roll ECM at -30% to get a barely recognizable message through.
There are 4 SAMAS variants, models unknown. There are 24 Hovercycles of various terrestrial makes.
I’m running this a little loose, they’re in range of most weapons save very short.
Here’s the time for creative skill use and whatnot. ~Consumer


Butcher’s Bill
Jason: Armor Main Body: -28 M.D.C, -5 shots Thunder gun
Bonaparte: Main Body: -115 M.D.C. -5 HEAT Rounds, -1 Canister Round
Rufus: P.P.E. -118, -1 shot thunder gun, Invincible Armor 200/200 (1d6/melee), Fly as Eagle, Invisibility (10 minutes)
Dhaltuun: 153/163 P.P.E., Superhuman Strength
Leo: -15 M.D.C., -260 rounds. Blood Cursed.
Murdoc: -6 mini-missiles, -6 grenades.
Violator SAMAS: Main Body: -100 M.D.C.
Teres: -14 M.D.C.
Jessie: Armor: -38 M.D.C.
Rory: Energy Sphere: 300/300.
Note: Vehicle damage/Ammo expenditures will be added to Mission notes..
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 306
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Rufus »

Perception: 1d100<83: [91] = 0
JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19 / 1d100: [82] = 82
Initiative: 1d20+4: [4]+4 = 8 (includes +1 from Empress Heavy Ion Pistol)
APM: 7

Conditions:
- PPE: 185/303
- Empress Ion Pistol: 0/5 shots remaining in current E-clip; 3 LE-clips remaining
- Wall of Wind
protecting north-west tower & wall. 39.25 minutes remaining; has an equivalent supernatural PS of 40; 80' long and 48' high.

- Fly as the Eagle Spell
159.25 minutes remaining; 50 mph max speed; +1 to parry, +2 to dodge and +2 to damage on a diving attack

- Invincible Armor: 200/200 MDC
23.25 minutes remaining; 200 MDC & regenerates 1d6 MDC per round; offers complete environmental protection from heat, cold, disease, pollution, toxic gases, fumes, etc., and provides the wearer with an independent oxygen supply. Furthermore, all energy attacks, magic or mundane, inflict only half their usual damage to the armor

- Magic Optics System
14.25 minutes remaining; Eyes of the Wolf, See Aura, See the Invisible, and Detect Concealment all same as the spell at 3rd level proficiency

- Eyes of the Wolf
Nightvision 60'/18.3m, See the Invisible (75%), Identify Plants & Fruits (70%), Identify Tracks (85%), Track (50%), Recognize Poison (65%)

- See Aura
Estimate general level of experience, presence of magic, presence of psychic abilities (low/minor or high/major or master), high or low base PPE, presence of a possessing entity, health, presence of unusual human aberration that could indicate serious illness or character is not human

- See the Invisible: 200 feet/61m
- Detect Concealment: 30' area
Consumer wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:21 pmRufus hidden from view due to magic, is flying just inside range for his pistol. Rufus takes time to aim at the speeding hovercycles, trying to hit their engines. His first shot is no good, hitting the dirt behind the bike, His second shot is dead on, causing the bike to sputter and stall, leaving the frustrated driver confused. Rufus’ third shot is too far ahead of his target, again hitting the dirt.

Jason, Leo, and Rufus notice something approaching from the south. At the distance, it appears to be a pair of massive quadrupeds. The details are hard to make out but in the haze one seems to be a deep shade of blue, while the other is a bright shade of red, they do appear to be making haste towards the homestead.
Rufus shrugs invisibly. Well, one out of three's better than nothing. But surely they don't expect--

And then he sees the quadrupeds in the distance. Okay, there's the heavy hitter. Plural even.

He glances back and forth between the homestead and the large objects in the distance. Why do I have the feeling they could destroy the homestead by simply stomping -- or sitting -- on it? Unless someone can head them off at the proverbial pass, that is... He muses to himself as he swaps out e-clips in his pistol. Sounds like a job for someone furry, fiesty, and ferocious -- in other words, me.

He tries his comms, without holding out much hope that his little unit could overcome the jamming. "Rufus to Templar. Large walking units spotted to the south. Moving to engage. Wish me luck." With that, he zooms away southward at top speed like a little fuzzy stealth missile (he hopes, anyway) towards the inbound bogies.

((OOC: Radio: Basic -- 1d100<87: [33*] = 1 with a crapload of penalties that I'm too lazy to scroll upwards to look, but figure it won't matter unless I roll single digits anyway))

"Od... Wolvenar... Odin... Njord... če me slišiš, me prosim vodi. Vodi moje uroke, usmerjaj moj cilj, in Bog milostljiv, vodi moje velike ognjene krogle..."
Od... Wolvenar... Odin... Njord... if you can hear me, please guide me. Guide my spells, guide my aim, and goodness gracious, guide my great balls of fire...
he mutters under his breath as he rubs his fingers over his magic fire globes and prepares to hurl them at whatever-these-things-are.

((OOC: I don't figure I'll be in range this round -- or even close enough to work out what they are to begin with -- so won't include combat rolls here. If I need to make rolls please let me know, chief.))
User avatar
Rory
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:35 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Rory »

Perception: d100: 1d100: [44] = 44 / 21%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: 1d20: [13] = 13 | 1d100: 1d100: [2] = 2
Initiative: 1d20+3: [20]+3 = 23

Rory aims at the rider that had been thrown from their damaged hovercycle, and goes for a more rapid rate of fire.

Actions:
1 Fire Nuhr rune musket 1d20-3: [3]-3 = 0 to hit. 6d6: [1, 4, 4, 2, 4, 3] = 18 M.D.
2 Fire Nuhr rune musket 1d20-3: [7]-3 = 4 to hit. 6d6: [3, 3, 3, 6, 2, 4] = 21 M.D.
3 Fire Nuhr rune musket 1d20-3: [20]-3 = 17 to hit. 6d6: [1, 1, 1, 4, 3, 4] = 14 M.D.
4 Fire Nuhr rune musket [roll]1d20-3[/roll] to hit. 6d6: [5, 4, 5, 4, 2, 1] = 21 M.D.

If anyone comes close enough for her to throw a fire globe at them instead, she'll do that.

Rory.
Status
-Current Hit Points: 39/39
-Current SDC: 25/25
-Current PPE: 140/140

Armor: High Magus armor
Helmet: 45
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 30 each
Main Body: 50

Weapons:
Slung over back: Nuhr rune musket rifle
Range: 1,600'
Damage: 6D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 46 blasts
Weight: 8.5 lbs.
Features: Costs 40 P.P.E. to reload
Modifiers: P.S. <26: -3 to strike

Utility belt: Vibro-axe
Range: Close Combat
Damage: 2D6 M.D.
Payload: 1 E-Clip will last approximately 1 hour
Weight: 4 lbs

Energy Sphere (290 P.P.E.)
OOC Comments
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 319
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Dhaltuun Onyxforge »

Perception: 31% / [roll]1d100[/roll]: [26] = 26 [/roll]
JiC d20 | d100: [roll]1d20[/roll]: [19] = 19 [/roll] | [roll]1d100[/roll]: [63] = 63 [/roll]
Initiative: [roll]1d20+2[/roll]: [13]+2 = 15 [/roll]
APM: 6

PPE: 153/163

Conditions:
Superhuman Strength = SN PS 30 (lift 1500 lbs/ carry 3000 lbs)/ SN PE 24 / 94/94 sdc / Dur: 9/12 rds

Skills:
Salvage 79% - move rubble safely - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [61] = 61 [/roll]
General Maintenance 74% - to move rubble safely - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [47] = 47 [/roll]



Post -
Dhal continues to move rubble. Using old skills, he does his best to stabilize the mess as he works. Taking a breath, Dhaltuun calls to Vlad. ” Vlad, use your mystic fulcrum spell to help out. I think we can move this mess around in order to get these folk out.” Flexing his shoulders, Dhaltuun smiles and goes back to work. " This brings back memories of my youth.” Happily smiling as he goes, Dhal continues to try to save those under the rubble.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 80&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
  • Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line
Sense Rifts
  • Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.
Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
  • Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details
Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
  • P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)
Familiar Link
  • Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.
Summoning
  • Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Teres Barton »

Perception: 1d100: [28] = 28 / 54%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [3] = 3 | 1d100: [82] = 82

Teres did not spot anything too exciting. Like every good sniper knew you did not stay in one spot too long. Despite her lack of actual sniper rifle training she taught most of the principles of sniping in archery. Teres moves off of the tower and to the ground to find another high spot or good view. that group of fast units that attacked was probably a scout or spearhead. They were small fast-moving craft better suited to light cavalry duty or scouting. She wondered if there was a slower main force or not, but only time would tell so no need to worry until it showed if it existed.

Looking for a better vantage that was closer to the ground to shoot from was a good idea. They were bandits, but not all bandits were tactically deficient. Some would shoot at the tower eventually. Once on the ground looks for her spot and for people to check on them. If she spots anyone and they do look like they need help or are not where they should be asked politely about it. Teres will render assistance as needed to civilians. If they were members of the Templars she leaves them to their work or assisted if they need it. Once at a spot to shoot from she takes cover and readies to engage. even in this time looking for a place she is readied. If none were better than her tower it was back up the tower..
to Civilians:
"Doing alright?" she asks, "Let's get you to a safe spot, shall we?" as Teres does her best to assist.

Combat
OOC Comments
Initiative: 1d20: [8] = 8
ATM: 5
W.P. Archery (Master) - +3 strike, +2 Disarm, Movement modifiers no longer apply.
OOC Comments
This skill is not applicable to crossbows, and similar weapons of a mechanical nature.
Movement modifiers no longer apply.
Add 20' to the effective range of the weapon per skill level.
Rate of Fire: As per the character's hand-to-hand attacks per melee.
+1 to strike at levels 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, and 14.
+1 to parry with the bow itself at level 1.
+1 to disarm at levels 2, 5, 10, and 15.
+1 to initiative for characters with a P.P. of 17 or less, +2 for a P.P. of 18 to 23, +3 for a P.P. of 24 to 30, and +4 for a P.P. of 31+.
Critical Strike on natural 19 or 20.
This supplants standard Archery W.P. skills and bonuses, it does not stack with them, though bonuses from W.P. Targeting may still apply and stack as normal.
1: Leave tower (or if needed: Tesla bow: 1d20+3: [4]+3 = 7 ,Damage: 4d6: [2, 6, 5, 5] = 18 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect)
2: Look or tower (or if needed: Tesla bow: 1d20+3: [18]+3 = 21 ,Damage: 4d6: [3, 5, 2, 1] = 11 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect)
3: get into new spot (or if needed: Tesla bow: 1d20+3: [2]+3 = 5 ,Damage: 4d6: [2, 6, 3, 2] = 13 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect)
4: Tesla bow: 1d20+3: [17]+3 = 20 ,Damage: 4d6: [1, 5, 2, 1] = 9 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
5: return to cover
(if needed)
Parry: 1d20+2: [7]+2 = 9 , 1d20+2: [11]+2 = 13 , 1d20+2: [8]+2 = 10 , 1d20+2: [11]+2 = 13 , 1d20+2: [11]+2 = 13
Dodge: 1d20+2: [2]+2 = 4 , 1d20+2: [17]+2 = 19 , 1d20+2: [3]+2 = 5 , 1d20+2: [3]+2 = 5 , 1d20+2: [1]+2 = 3
Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 62/77
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with overcoat
Legs: +12 with overcoat
Main Body: +28 with overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Right leg Quivers
Front: 4 explosives (2 light, 2 heavy), 1 smoke, 1 Flare
Side: 6 Wooden stake arrows
Left leg Quivers
Front: 4 explosives (2 light, 2 heavy), 1 smoke, 1 Flare
Side: 6 Wooden stake arrows
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 358
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Jason Long »

Perception :71% / 1d100: [90] = 90
JIC: 1d100: [91] = 91 / 1d20: [16] = 16

Jason jumps back inside the walls, eyeing the new objects, friend or foe.. He glances at the remaining 105 rounds a decides no to waste them on the unidentified objects, yet. Now inside a relatively safe from the bikes, Jason switches his fire to the other SAMAS that was jamming the radar and comms.
He switches to the Ion Pulse cannon and keeps firing at the SAMAS, two bursts before firing another 105mm HEAT round at it.

Initiative: 1d20+6: [5]+6 = 11
Actions 8
1: Jump back inside the walls.
2: Fire 105mm HEAT round at the SAMAS 1d20+8: [13]+8 = 21 to hit, 2d6*10: [4, 2]*10 = 60 MD
3: Fire a burst from the Pulse Ion Cannon at the SAMAS, 1d20+8: [19]+8 = 27 to hit, 1d6*10: [4]*10 = 40 MD
4: Fire a burst from the Pulse Ion Cannon at the SAMAS, 1d20+8: [12]+8 = 20 to hit, 1d6*10: [5]*10 = 50 MD
5: Fire 105mm HEAT round at the SAMAS, 1d20+8: [19]+8 = 27 to hit, 2d6*10: [5, 4]*10 = 90 MD
6-8 reserved for dodge, 1d20+9: [2]+9 = 11 , 1d20+9: [20]+9 = 29 , 1d20+9: [10]+9 = 19

NOTE: If the SAMAS is taken out, Jason will switch to another SAMAS. If the jamming drops, Jason will call out about the two new objects
Jason Long
OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1654
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Consumer »

Road to Redemption: A play in three parts, part two.
Time and Weather wrote:Location: Milton Homestead (approximately 110 miles from Odessa, Approximately 60 miles south of CS Lonestars actual border)
Date: April 10, 111 PA, 2:07 PM (3 minutes have passed)
Weather: High 73°, Low 35°; light clouds.
Map
Image

Mission Notes
Murdoc: No skills used.
Leo: No skills used.
Teres: No skills used.
Jason:No skills used.
Dhaltuun: Salvage, General Maintenance (to move rubble safely): Factored into the post.
Rufus: No skills used.
Rory: No skills used.



Rufus having noticed the newcomers in the distance decides to make his way towards them. Rufus tries to radio the group, but is unable to overcome the jamming, so no one receives his message. With a prayer on his lips he’s off to see what new threat may approach. Rory decides to target one of the downed riders, firing a fusillade of fiery bolts at him, but her aim is rather poor as only a single shot connects. He seems wounded, but is most certainly not down. Dhaltuun continues to do the delicate work of shifting girders off of the two ranch hands buried under the tower, ordering another plan at Vlad, who does so. Dhaltuun is certain he can get them safely out in a short while.

Teres makes an observation about snipers, not having formal sniper training herself. And considers her safety in the tower she’s currently in. It’s really a toss up, the tower has taken a few hits, but it’s still standing, and in the past few seconds, the bikes mostly fired on Bonaparte. To her her options are run clear across the homestead to either the south-west tower or to the relatively closer south-east tower. Decision made, Teres hustles, down the ladder, across sixty or so feet of space that is the gate, and a strenuous thirty foot climb into the South eastern tower. A few ranch hands are firing laser rifles at the bikes, when she arrives. She has a little bit of time to line up a shot and fire, hitting the bike clearly. She talks to the three ranch hands on top of the tower, but they seem to brush off her comment about leaving the tower.

Jason makes the decision to jump back into the compound with Bonaparte. Before trying to eyeball which of the three remaining SAMAS is the one jamming, and for the life of him he can’t tell. So he picks one at random and fires a shell, which connects, but doesn’t down the power armor. A few Ion hits, and one more Heat round leaves the SAMAS smoking, but surprisingly still airborne.

The bandits continue to take shots at Bonaparte, the gates and the towers, doing minor damage at best, it almost seems as if their heart isn’t into it anymore. Above Murdoc continues to duke it out with the three remaining SAMAS’ trading blows at this point with short ranged lasers. Jessie and the Earth Elemental have teamed up on one unlucky biker, taking out his vehicle and himself in a particularly violent fashion

Rufus as he gets nearer the oncoming targets, sees what can only be described as odd. They look outwardly like cows, Bulls to be specific, but that is where the similarities seem to end. Each beast is at least fifteen feet tall at the shoulder with horns thirty feet across and their hides are either bright red or brilliant blue. Riding on the back of the blue one, side saddle, is a tall thin individual with gray skin, in mottled gray robes, Rufus thinks. Almost as soon as he has a clearish view of them does the tall being dismount, and seemingly float to the ground as he gives some manner of command to the two behemoths.

The red one bellows. ”Oh yeah, let’s get these points!” And begins heading towards the bikes to the west. While the blue one audibly sighs and takes off towards the eastern side. Rufus is almost shocked when the “Bulls” take off running, as they move faster than vehicles it seems. They are quickly overrunning and smashing bikes, or torching them with breaths of fire. The Tall gray man seems to look straight at Rufus, but doesn’t do anything remotely hostile.

Within a few moments the remaining bikes and the surviving SAMAS begin to flee at top speed in all directions. While the Jamming continues to block most things till they’re way out of range of all but maybe the wildest of shots by Bonaparte. During this time the bulls slow to a spot near the homestead, approximately three hundred feet away. Also during this time Dhaltuun is able to extract the trapped ranchers. Who expresses their thanks. The gray being speaks loudly and clearly, directly at Rufus, while they are a distance away. ”I will be teleporting to the homestead, I would like to talk.” It says in a voice that is oddly accented. With his proclamation said he pops from his place to just outside the gate.

The being stands there his hands folded in front of him. Up close it’s obvious he’s not remotely human standing over nine feet tall. His robes are more of a smock and a long coat. The gate he stands at is the very one that Violet and Victoria are in the tower of. ”Who are you? Victoria yells out.

”I’m a friend of the homestead and I would like to talk.” The being says.

In the distance the group at the gate can see another dust cloud approaching, but this one seems to only be a singular motorcycle.

What are your intentions?

Butcher’s Bill
Jason: Armor Main Body: -28 M.D.C, -5 shots Thunder gun
Bonaparte: Main Body: -115 M.D.C. -7 HEAT Rounds, -1 Canister Round
Rufus: P.P.E. -118, -1 shot thunder gun, Invincible Armor 200/200 (1d6/melee), Fly as Eagle, Invisibility (10 minutes)
Dhaltuun: 153/163 P.P.E., Superhuman Strength
Leo: -15 M.D.C., -260 rounds. Blood Cursed.
Murdoc: -6 mini-missiles, -6 grenades.
Violator SAMAS: Main Body: -100 M.D.C.
Teres: -14 M.D.C.
Jessie: Armor: -38 M.D.C.
Rory: Energy Sphere: 300/300.
Note: Vehicle damage/Ammo expenditures will be added to Mission notes..
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Rory
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:35 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Rory »

Perception: d100: 1d100: [35] = 35 / 21%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: 1d20: [4] = 4 | 1d100: 1d100: [98] = 98
Initiative: 1d20+3: [12]+3 = 15

Rory glances at her rune musket and shakes her head as she continues to target the rider.

"Girl, yer aim sucks. Ye'd better do better this time, or I'm gonna trade you in for somethin' can hit the side of a barn, y'hear?"

Actions:
1 Fire Nuhr rune musket 1d20-3: [6]-3 = 3 to hit. 6d6: [2, 4, 1, 3, 5, 3] = 18 M.D.
2 Fire Nuhr rune musket 1d20-3: [17]-3 = 14 to hit. 6d6: [5, 1, 1, 1, 4, 2] = 14 M.D.
3 Fire Nuhr rune musket 1d20-3: [14]-3 = 11 to hit. 6d6: [5, 3, 5, 3, 5, 3] = 24 M.D.
4 Fire Nuhr rune musket 1d20-3: [6]-3 = 3 to hit. 6d6: [6, 4, 5, 6, 5, 4] = 30 M.D.

If anyone comes close enough for her to throw a fire globe at them instead, she'll do that. She'll throw one in place of a shot, then switch back to shooting again.
(Contingency roll for a lobbed fire globe:
1d20+2: [5]+2 = 7 to hit. 5d6: [6, 4, 6, 6, 3] = 25 M.D. on impact, causing damage every round for 1d4: [1] = 1 minutes )

Rory.
Status
-Current Hit Points: 39/39
-Current SDC: 25/25
-Current PPE: 140/140

Armor: High Magus armor
Helmet: 45
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 30 each
Main Body: 50

Weapons:
Slung over back: Nuhr rune musket rifle
Range: 1,600'
Damage: 6D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 42 blasts
Weight: 8.5 lbs.
Features: Costs 40 P.P.E. to reload
Modifiers: P.S. <26: -3 to strike

Utility belt: Vibro-axe
Range: Close Combat
Damage: 2D6 M.D.
Payload: 1 E-Clip will last approximately 1 hour
Weight: 4 lbs

Energy Sphere (290 P.P.E.)
OOC Comments
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 358
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Jason Long »

Perception: 71% / 1d100: [63] = 63
JIC: 1d20: [10] = 10 / 1d100: [65] = 65

Jason tries to track the SAMAS as they retreat, frustrated by the less-than-conclusive end to the fight. He watches the bulls? as they rout the remaining bikes, but is careful not to track them with Bonaparte's weapons. As the jamming fades, he gets on the radio to the team, "Ok people, if you haven't seen it, the suits and bikes are running. We have two giant sized bulls to thank for that. They have a very large magic user of some type with them and he just teleported to outside the front gate. Report any injuries among us or the ranchers." Jason walks the VHT in tank mode towards the gate, stopping when Victoria calls out so he doesn't drown her out.
Consumer wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:37 pm The being stands there his hands folded in front of him. Up close it’s obvious he’s not remotely human standing over nine feet tall. His robes are more of a smock and a long coat. The gate he stands at is the very one that Violet and Victoria are in the tower of. ”Who are you? Victoria yells out.

”I’m a friend of the homestead and I would like to talk.” The being says.

In the distance the group at the gate can see another dust cloud approaching, but this one seems to only be a singular motorcycle.
Jason Long
OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Father Josiah Reno
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:28 pm

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Father Josiah Reno »

Perception: 42% 1d100: [60] = 60
JIC: 1d20: [18] = 18
JIC%: 1d100: [1] = 1

With the motorcycle rumbling underneath him, Father Reno makes his way towards the town. He slows at the sight of the huge creatures that just appeared. "Kyrie eleison...", he thinks aloud. He watches as the creatures chase some vehicles away. He's not sure if who is left will be friend or foe, but he has little choice. Revving the bike, he makes his way toward the nearest building, coasting into the settlement. Upon meeting whoever the first person to greet him is, he says, "Hello, my child. I am Father Josiah Reno. Could you point me towards the nearest tavern?"
Dice rolls
1d100: [14] = 14
1d100: [5] = 5
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Teres Barton »

Perception: [roll]1d100[/roll] / 54%
JiC d20 | d100: [roll]1d20[/roll] | [roll]1d100[/roll]
Father Josiah Reno wrote:"Hello, my child. I am Father Josiah Reno. Could you point me towards the nearest tavern?"
Once down from the tower and she decides to start a look around for undamaged hovercycles and spots the new arrival. On his introduction, she thinks another holy roller survivalist...great, eh, no reason to be uncivil. Teres approaches him. The Psi-Druid could look at the hovercycles after the proper conversation. If they were too far out to walk she could go by horse if one was free.

"Nearest tavern? should be a town that way. Telling by your ride and its rough speed 1-3 hours. Pretty sure the people here might have a spare bottle and save you the dust bath from the road. mind the mess we just fended off bandits. I'm Tere Barton by the way. What brings a priest out here? just spreading the word or traveling for personal reasons?" she asks slinging her bow. The Psi-Druid did see such men and due to Coalition views on religion, her own people's generally poor treatment by established non-pagan religions did not leave a good feeling. Still, she was of the camp letting people believe what they want so long as no one was hurt.
Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 62/77
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with overcoat
Legs: +12 with overcoat
Main Body: +28 with overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Right leg Quivers
Front: 4 explosives (2 light, 2 heavy), 1 smoke, 1 Flare
Side: 6 Wooden stake arrows
Left leg Quivers
Front: 4 explosives (2 light, 2 heavy), 1 smoke, 1 Flare
Side: 6 Wooden stake arrows
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 306
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Rufus »

Perception: 1d100<83: [84] = 0
JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 / 1d100: [88] = 88
Initiative: 1d20+4: [9]+4 = 13 (includes +1 from Empress Heavy Ion Pistol)
APM: 7

Conditions:
- PPE: 185/303
- Empress Ion Pistol: 8/8 shots remaining in current E-clip; 2 full LE-clips and 1 empty LE-clip remaining
- Wall of Wind
protecting north-west tower & wall. 39 minutes remaining; has an equivalent supernatural PS of 40; 80' long and 48' high.

- Fly as the Eagle Spell
159 minutes remaining; 50 mph max speed; +1 to parry, +2 to dodge and +2 to damage on a diving attack

- Invincible Armor: 200/200 MDC
23.25 minutes remaining; 200 MDC & regenerates 1d6 MDC per round; offers complete environmental protection from heat, cold, disease, pollution, toxic gases, fumes, etc., and provides the wearer with an independent oxygen supply. Furthermore, all energy attacks, magic or mundane, inflict only half their usual damage to the armor

- Magic Optics System
14 minutes remaining; Eyes of the Wolf, See Aura, See the Invisible, and Detect Concealment all same as the spell at 3rd level proficiency

- Eyes of the Wolf
Nightvision 60'/18.3m, See the Invisible (75%), Identify Plants & Fruits (70%), Identify Tracks (85%), Track (50%), Recognize Poison (65%)

- See Aura
Estimate general level of experience, presence of magic, presence of psychic abilities (low/minor or high/major or master), high or low base PPE, presence of a possessing entity, health, presence of unusual human aberration that could indicate serious illness or character is not human

- See the Invisible: 200 feet/61m
- Detect Concealment: 30' area
Consumer wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:37 pmRufus as he gets nearer the oncoming targets, sees what can only be described as odd. They look outwardly like cows, Bulls to be specific, but that is where the similarities seem to end. Each beast is at least fifteen feet tall at the shoulder with horns thirty feet across and their hides are either bright red or brilliant blue. Riding on the back of the blue one, side saddle, is a tall thin individual with gray skin, in mottled gray robes, Rufus thinks. Almost as soon as he has a clearish view of them does the tall being dismount, and seemingly float to the ground as he gives some manner of command to the two behemoths.

The red one bellows. ”Oh yeah, let’s get these points!” And begins heading towards the bikes to the west. While the blue one audibly sighs and takes off towards the eastern side. Rufus is almost shocked when the “Bulls” take off running, as they move faster than vehicles it seems. They are quickly overrunning and smashing bikes, or torching them with breaths of fire.
Rufus pulls up to a stop and hovers with a slackjawed expression on his invisible muzzle. "Zdaj to zagotovo NI tisto, kar sem pričakoval..."
Now this was definitely NOT what I was expecting...
he mutters under his breath as he tries to figure out what exactly he's looking at as he watches the 'bulls' take off faster than any ground-pounding beast he's ever seen.

Lore: D-Bee -- 1d100<77: [35*] = 1
Lore: Demons & Monsters -- 1d100<87: [15*] = 1
Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic -- 1d100<77: [60*] = 1
Consumer wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:37 pmThe Tall gray man seems to look straight at Rufus, but doesn’t do anything remotely hostile.
Rufus' eyes widen as the gray man locks his gaze upon his supposedly invisible form. OF COURSE he can see the invisible. Seems like every hostile graded above 'cheap disposable thug' can see the invisible... he grumbles. Still, they're fighting the bandits we're fighting and he's not picking a fight with me, so why poke the hornet's nest when you don't need to?

He returns the tall man's gaze and offers a smile and a nod. "Lep pozdrav, neznanec," he adds with a bow. "Greetings, stranger. I apologize if I'm interrupting something important."
Consumer wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:37 pmWithin a few moments the remaining bikes and the surviving SAMAS begin to flee at top speed in all directions. While the Jamming continues to block most things till they’re way out of range of all but maybe the wildest of shots by Bonaparte. During this time the bulls slow to a spot near the homestead, approximately three hundred feet away. Also during this time Dhaltuun is able to extract the trapped ranchers. Who expresses their thanks.
Rufus flies back towards the homestead at top speed, still marveling at the speed at which the 'bulls' are able to gallop across the land. And I thought a skycycle would be the ultimate ride -- these super-jumbo sirloins could probably outrun one of them without even breathing hard.
Consumer wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:37 pmThe gray being speaks loudly and clearly, directly at Rufus, while they are a distance away. ”I will be teleporting to the homestead, I would like to talk.” It says in a voice that is oddly accented. With his proclamation said he pops from his place to just outside the gate.
Rufus slows to a stop and grins. "With the stampeding you just gave those bandits, I'm sure they could fit you into their schedule." When the man teleports away he continues on flying back to the homestead, slowing to a halt and hovering a little distance away where he can keep an eye on both 'bulls' and riders. He returns his pistol to its holster, but moves his hand to the grip of his Thundergun... just in case.

Not that there's any need for this anymore... he groans softly as he cancels his ring's invisibility charge and fades back into visibility.
Consumer wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:37 pm”Who are you? Victoria yells out.

”I’m a friend of the homestead and I would like to talk.” The being says.
"Not to sound like a total pametnjakovič, moj prijatelj..." Rufus quips. "But shouldn't friends of the homestead be known to the friends in the homestead? On the bright side, this gives us a perfect opportunity for introductions -- I'm known as Rufus of Houndstooth, and my companions-in-arms are known as the Templar based out of Merctown. As for the Milton family, I'll let them introduce themselves. And who might you be, prijatelj?"
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1654
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Consumer »

Road to Redemption: A play in three parts, part two.
Time and Weather wrote:Location: Milton Homestead (approximately 110 miles from Odessa, Approximately 60 miles south of CS Lonestars actual border)
Date: April 10, 111 PA, 2:12 PM (5 minutes have passed)
Weather: High 73°, Low 35°; light clouds.
Map
Image

Mission Notes
Murdoc: No skills used.
Leo: No skills used.
Teres: No skills used.
Jason:No skills used.
Dhaltuun: Salvage, General Maintenance (to move rubble safely): Factored into the post.
Rufus: Lore: D-Bee & Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic: Nothing.
Lore: Demons & Monsters: Rufus thinks that he recognizes the creature as a Gene-Splicer, While he knows very little about them save their name. They do seem to have a dark reputation, that being said, to Rufus this being doesn’t appear evil to him if by demeanor only.
See Aura: Blank, Likely shielded.
Rory: No skills used.


A Few Moments Ago
Rufus wrote:"Zdaj to zagotovo NI tisto, kar sem pričakoval..."
The being smirks at the very quiet comment.
Rufus wrote:"Lep pozdrav, neznanec," he adds with a bow. "Greetings, stranger. I apologize if I'm interrupting something important."
The being shakes his head. "Not at all, just helping out." The gray man says, before watching Rufus begin heading away.
Rufus wrote:"With the stampeding you just gave those bandits, I'm sure they could fit you into their schedule."
"I sure hope so." It says.

In the present:
Rory looks for another target but sees that all the remaining bandits are out of the fight, either killed by the group in general or the two bull like creatures.

Jason radios the team.
Jason Long wrote:"Ok people, if you haven't seen it, the suits and bikes are running. We have two giant sized bulls to thank for that. They have a very large magic user of some type with them and he just teleported to outside the front gate. Report any injuries among us or the ranchers."
Murdoc radios back. ”V-Sam is a bit worse for wear, but that’s about it.” The Merc says. A few follow ups from the Miltons verify everyone is generally okay.

About this point Father Reno arrives at the homestead, and looks about. Approaching from the Eastern side, he can see a few people up on watch platforms.
Father Josiah Reno wrote:"Hello, my child. I am Father Josiah Reno. Could you point me towards the nearest tavern?"
Teres Barton wrote:"Nearest tavern? should be a town that way. Telling by your ride and its rough speed 1-3 hours. Pretty sure the people here might have a spare bottle and save you the dust bath from the road. mind the mess we just fended off bandits. I'm Tere Barton by the way. What brings a priest out here? just spreading the word or traveling for personal reasons?"
From the western side of the Homestead. ”I’m a friend of the homestead and I would like to talk.” The being says.
Rufus wrote:"Not to sound like a total pametnjakovič, moj prijatelj..." Rufus quips. "But shouldn't friends of the homestead be known to the friends in the homestead? On the bright side, this gives us a perfect opportunity for introductions -- I'm known as Rufus of Houndstooth, and my companions-in-arms are known as the Templar based out of Merctown. As for the Milton family, I'll let them introduce themselves. And who might you be, prijatelj?"
The being shakes his head. ”I can tell you with much assuredness that that is not always the case. But you are now known to me Rufus of Houndstooth. I have watched the Milton’s from a distance, and have helped them in my own way, but until now I have only really interacted with one of them. My presence can cause problems at times.” It says before turning to Viollete.

”I am… Call me Mack, my name is difficult to pronounce by human tongues. I’ve watched your family grow from a small camp to the Homestead before me. And trust me when I say, I’ve done my fair share to help over the past few decades. Normally the only person who sees me is your mother Beth. I’ve been giving her treatments for her issue, but she doesn’t want me to fix it… just ease her suffering. I’ve also occasionally replaced a few of your cattle with enhanced versions. My life's work really is to make the perfect Bovine.” Mack says loud enough to be heard from the wall. He softly chuckles before Viollete speaks up.

”An interesting story… Mack. So what do you want now?” Viollete asks, a hint of incredulousness in her voice.

Mack shrugs his shoulders. ”To be honest, nothing. I would like to just continue what has been happening to date. But considering I had to show my hand, I guess things will have to change, even if slightly. It is these changes I would like to discuss.” Mack says, in what everyone present feels is an impassioned voice.

Leo looks down at Mack. ”Alright, we can sit and talk.” The Titan Juicer says much to the surprise of his sister. ”Are you sure about this?” Viollete says quietly to Leo. ”Yeah, I got a feeling about this.” Leo says equally quietly.

With that the ranch hands open the gate to allow Mack inside. Mack looks at his Mega-Bovines. ”Benny, Blue… Go home.” Mack says.

The blue Kaiju-cow sighs and turns away. Benny the red one speaks up. ”You sure coach…” It says in a boisterous bass voice, but a look cuts it off. ”Of course.” It finishes. The two Mega Steer seem to phase out of sight. ”Failed creations, but still useful.” Mack says as he enters the homestead.

Leo leads Mack to the porch of the bunkhouse, and gestures to one of the seats.

Meanwhile, Teres decides to head out and begin looting the hovercycles. In the end four of them seem to be functional, beat to hell as they are. Not having any training on them, can only make a guess whether they’re working or not. Dhaltuun task complete with rescuing the ranchers pinned under the collapsed tower is approached by the Minor Earth Elemental he summoned a few days earlier. It seems to look at him expectantly. Dhaltuun, knowing he has no other reason to keep it here, releases it from his service as it has completed the task he rightly paid it for. Jessie sits on top of the APC just keeping a general watch on the proceedings, while Vlad in the shape of a cat curls up next to her. Inside the APC, Murdoc is going through the timely task of dismounting from the VIolator SAMAS.

The Miltons that have been hiding in the garage are informed of their safety and let out, but they don’t approach the main house, as the ranch hands are looking at the damage caused by Jason’s accidental shot to the building.

At the bunkhouse, Leo stands while Violette and Victoria take seats with Mack. They seem to wait a moment to see if anyone else wants to join them.

What are your intentions?

Butcher’s Bill
Jason: Armor Main Body: -28 M.D.C, -5 shots Thunder gun
Bonaparte: Main Body: -115 M.D.C. -7 HEAT Rounds, -1 Canister Round
Rufus: P.P.E. -118, -1 shot thunder gun, Invincible Armor 200/200 (1d6/melee), Fly as Eagle, Invisibility (10 minutes)
Dhaltuun: 153/163 P.P.E., Superhuman Strength
Leo: -15 M.D.C., -260 rounds. Blood Cursed.
Murdoc: -6 mini-missiles, -6 grenades.
Violator SAMAS: Main Body: -100 M.D.C.
Teres: -14 M.D.C.
Jessie: Armor: -38 M.D.C.
Rory: Energy Sphere: 300/300.
Note: Vehicle damage/Ammo expenditures will be added to Mission notes..
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Leo
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Leo »

Perception 37% 1d100: [83] = 83

JIC: 1d20: [5] = 5
JIC: 1d100: [84] = 84

Conditions:
  • Blood Cursed
Leo spots the hulking beasts in the distance, but his mind is on he fight at hand, and he watches in satisfaction as he and his friends blunt the bandit's assault. When the quadrupeds charge at the bandits as well, he takes that as a small miracle, and doesn't question it. Bandits like that gotta make a lot of enemies. Probably only a matter of time 'til folks joined up against 'em.

When the tall gray geing teleports to the front gate, and talks to his sister, Leo hovers down to the ground and deactivates his jetpack, the better to hear the conversation.
Mack wrote:”I am… Call me Mack, my name is difficult to pronounce by human tongues. I’ve watched your family grow from a small camp to the Homestead before me. And trust me when I say, I’ve done my fair share to help over the past few decades. Normally the only person who sees me is your mother Beth. I’ve been giving her treatments for her issue, but she doesn’t want me to fix it… just ease her suffering. I’ve also occasionally replaced a few of your cattle with enhanced versions. My life's work really is to make the perfect Bovine.”
Leo looks toward the stone barn where his mother is hiding. Still got some secrets, eh, ma? He smiles. Good.

Leo follows Vi and Mack to the bunkhouse to talk.

"First off... I gotta say thanks for your help today. Didn't know the bandits'd be coming in those numbers, so it's right helpful you showin' up when you did. And if what you say about mom is true, then thanks for that as well. Dad was always the fighter, the heavy lifter... and Ma was always the planner. Good to know she ... made some friends."

Leo takes a seat on a barrel, trying not to reveal just how bone-tired he is, and pulls off his helment.

"Now... In the spirit of bein' neighborly... what can we do for ya?"
Leo, Titan Juicer
Theme song: Thunderstruck - AC/DC
OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 570/1070

Titan Plate armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 79/195
User avatar
Rory
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:35 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Rory »

Perception: d100: 1d100: [76] = 76 / 21%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: 1d20: [7] = 7 | 1d100: 1d100: [77] = 77
Initiative: 1d20+3: [7]+3 = 10

Rory slings her rune musket over her back, and looks around.

"Miltons 1, Bandits nil."

She peers at the giant steers as they shimmer and fade away.

"Ooh, that's nice."

She heads toward the injured and helps them out. She can't help with the triage, cleaning the wounds or bandaging, but she can heal them once this has been done. (Use Heal Wounds spell once each wound is dressed, drawing upon her own PPE, not the energy sphere.)
As she works, she occasionally glances over at the newcomer.
Wonder where he's from? Spellcaster of some sort, based on those super-steers and their disappearing act. Seems friendly.
She shakes her head and turns her attention to what she's doing. As soon as she's finished, she goes to look at the collapsed tower, then to talk to Violette.

"I can help ye rebuild that tower, and with a bit of time, I can upgrade the wooden exterior to Ironwood. O'course, that depends how much time we're here fer, but for as long as I'm here, me services are yers."

Rory.
Status
-Current Hit Points: 42/42
-Current SDC: 25/25
-Current PPE: 151/151

Armor: High Magus armor
Helmet: 45
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 30 each
Main Body: 50

Weapons:
Slung over back: Nuhr rune musket rifle
Range: 1,600'
Damage: 6D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 42 blasts
Weight: 8.5 lbs.
Features: Costs 40 P.P.E. to reload
Modifiers: P.S. <26: -3 to strike

Utility belt: Vibro-axe
Range: Close Combat
Damage: 2D6 M.D.
Payload: 1 E-Clip will last approximately 1 hour
Weight: 4 lbs

Energy Sphere (290 P.P.E.)
OOC Comments
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 358
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Jason Long »

Perception: 71% / 1d100: [95] = 95
JIC: 1d20: [5] = 5 / 1d100: [22] = 22

Seeing Teres head out to do some salvage, Jason contacts her quickly by radio, "While you're out there, would you see what's left of that SAMAS? I'd like to recover the jamming gear, if possible, but I think I need to hear what the newcomer has to say." Jason then heads toward the bunkhouse. As he walks that way, he looks at the damage to the main house. Damn, I haven't blown a shot like that since basic. We'll have to fix that before we leave. Jason enters the bunkhouse behind Leo.

"Leo takes a seat on a barrel, trying not to reveal just how bone-tired he is, and pulls off his helment.

"Now... In the spirit of bein' neighborly... what can we do for ya?""

Jason sits back to listen to what Mack has to say. So, the homestead had another protector. I wonder where this will lead. Since Mack is, apparently, here to speak with the Miltons, Jason decides that they need to be the ones heading the conversation.
Jason Long
OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Father Josiah Reno
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:28 pm

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Father Josiah Reno »

Perception: 42% 1d100: [3] = 3
JIC: 1d20: [7] = 7
JIC%: 1d100: [7] = 7

Teres Barton wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:24 am "Nearest tavern? should be a town that way. Telling by your ride and its rough speed 1-3 hours. Pretty sure the people here might have a spare bottle and save you the dust bath from the road. mind the mess we just fended off bandits. I'm Tere Barton by the way. What brings a priest out here? just spreading the word or traveling for personal reasons?"
Josiah perks up at the prospect of finding some hooch in the homestead. His mouth was feeling dry. Swinging his attention back to Tere he responds to her inquiry, "I am a traveling priest, out to "spread the word" as you say" He gives her a little wink at that. "As for what brings me to this particular place and time, only the Good Lord knows, but I feel he did it for a reason. Is there anything I can assist you with, my child? I am more than just a dusty coat and a parched mouth." Josiah smiles and attempts to draw another pull from a flask he knows is empty, but it's habit at this point.
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 306
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Rufus »

Perception: 1d100<83: [5*] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [3] = 3 / 1d100: [37] = 37

Conditions:
- PPE: 185/303
- Empress Ion Pistol: 8/8 shots remaining in current E-clip; 2 full LE-clips and 1 empty LE-clip remaining
- Wall of Wind
protecting north-west tower & wall. 38.75 minutes remaining; has an equivalent supernatural PS of 40; 80' long and 48' high.

- Fly as the Eagle Spell
158.75 minutes remaining; 50 mph max speed; +1 to parry, +2 to dodge and +2 to damage on a diving attack

- Invincible Armor: 200/200 MDC
23 minutes remaining; 200 MDC & regenerates 1d6 MDC per round; offers complete environmental protection from heat, cold, disease, pollution, toxic gases, fumes, etc., and provides the wearer with an independent oxygen supply. Furthermore, all energy attacks, magic or mundane, inflict only half their usual damage to the armor

- Magic Optics System
13.75 minutes remaining; Eyes of the Wolf, See Aura, See the Invisible, and Detect Concealment all same as the spell at 3rd level proficiency

- Eyes of the Wolf
Nightvision 60'/18.3m, See the Invisible (75%), Identify Plants & Fruits (70%), Identify Tracks (85%), Track (50%), Recognize Poison (65%)

- See Aura
Estimate general level of experience, presence of magic, presence of psychic abilities (low/minor or high/major or master), high or low base PPE, presence of a possessing entity, health, presence of unusual human aberration that could indicate serious illness or character is not human

- See the Invisible: 200 feet/61m
- Detect Concealment: 30' area
Consumer wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:36 amThe being shakes his head. ”I can tell you with much assuredness that that is not always the case. But you are now known to me Rufus of Houndstooth. I have watched the Miltons from a distance, and have helped them in my own way, but until now I have only really interacted with one of them. My presence can cause problems at times.”
"That's a fair point, da..." Rufus chuckles. "But it seems that it's about to be very much the case here..." He listens as Mack properly introduces himself to the Miltons and dismisses his giant bovine companions.
Consumer wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:36 amWith that the ranch hands open the gate to allow Mack inside. Mack looks at his Mega-Bovines. ”Benny, Blue… Go home.” Mack says.

The blue Kaiju-cow sighs and turns away. Benny the red one speaks up. ”You sure coach…” It says in a boisterous bass voice, but a look cuts it off. ”Of course.” It finishes. The two Mega Steer seem to phase out of sight. ”Failed creations, but still useful.” Mack says as he enters the homestead.
Rufus whistles in spite of himself. "If they are 'failed creations,' moj prijatelj, then I should think what you consider 'successful' ones would be very impressive indeed..." He shakes his head. "And before I forget again to say it, thank you for your assistance today. Hvala vam."

We may have been able to drive them off on our own, he adds to himself, but the cost may have been very high.

He sees Jason sitting down with Leo and the Miltons and decides to do the same until he gets a crackle in his ear.
Jason Long wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:03 pm"While you're out there, would you see what's left of that SAMAS? I'd like to recover the jamming gear, if possible, but I think I need to hear what the newcomer has to say."
For a moment Rufus is torn between listening in on the discussion and helping with any salvage operation... but ultimately decides he can be of more use in the latter. Besides, the conversation is really between Mack and the Miltons -- he would likely just be an unwelcome presence at the discussion.

As he floats out towards the gate he comes across someone he doesn't recognize chatting with Teres.
Father Josiah Reno wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:31 am"I am a traveling priest, out to "spread the word" as you say" He gives her a little wink at that. "As for what brings me to this particular place and time, only the Good Lord knows, but I feel he did it for a reason. Is there anything I can assist you with, my child? I am more than just a dusty coat and a parched mouth." Josiah smiles and attempts to draw another pull from a flask he knows is empty, but it's habit at this point.
"Zdravo, friend priest..." Rufus nods and grins. "If the Good Lord brought you here to take care of that dusty coat and parched mouth, then He brought you to a good spot." He holds up his hands as he gestures and mutters an incantation under his breath that sends a wave of cleansing energy over the man's body that magically removes dirt, grime, stains, surface parasites (fleas) and just about anything 'unclean.'

((OOC: Casting Cleanse -- 6 PPE))

"That takes care of the dusty coat, now let's see what we can do about the other..." He rummages around in his backpack and pulls out his canteen. "Hopefully this will do for a start -- I'm afraid I don't have anything harder on me at the moment." He offers it to the priest. "By the way of introductions, prijatelj, the name's Rufus. Who might you be?"

While the priest is taking a swig from the canteen (assuming he takes it), Rufus turns to Teres. "Figured you could use a hand. Plus I'd like a crack at that jamming equipment too -- I've never heard of that kind of hardware being in something as small as a suit of power armor." Turning back to Father Josiah he adds, "know anything about hovercycles, mechanics, or electronics? If so we could use some help out there."
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1654
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part two)

Post by Consumer »

Road to Redemption: A play in three parts, part two.
Time and Weather wrote:Location: Milton Homestead (approximately 110 miles from Odessa, Approximately 60 miles south of CS Lonestars actual border)
Date: April 10, 111 PA, 2:22 PM (10 minutes have passed)
Weather: High 73°, Low 35°; light clouds.
Map
Image

Mission Notes
Murdoc: No skills used.
Leo: No skills used.
Teres: No skills used.
Jason:No skills used.
Dhaltuun: No skills used.
Rufus: No skills used.
Rory: No skills used.
Josiah: No skills used.


At the Bunkhouse:
Leo wrote:"First off... I gotta say thanks for your help today. Didn't know the bandits'd be coming in those numbers, so it's right helpful you showin' up when you did. And if what you say about mom is true, then thanks for that as well. Dad was always the fighter, the heavy lifter... and Ma was always the planner. Good to know she ... made some friends."
Mack just nods.
Leo wrote:"Now... In the spirit of bein' neighborly... what can we do for ya?"
Mack kind of shrugs. ”To be honest nothing really. That being said, I would like to discuss the nature of our new situation.” Mack says, pausing for a moment.

”Most of what I’ve done has been hidden from the Milton Family at large, and given my display, I doubt we can quite go back to it. So I’d like to go over what I think should happen. First and foremost, I would like to continue offering your mother help. It’s a monthly treatment, and doesn’t take more than a minute, so I would like to continue to do so, as per my agreement with her. I guess since you now know I exist, I won’t need to sneak in under the cover of darkness anymore.” Mack says, Leo can almost guess it’s a look of compassion on Mack’s face.

”Second, I would like to be able to acquire cattle specimens from your farm, in return for improved stock. I’ve truthfully been doing this for years without your knowledge, and your homestead has benefited from the improved bovines. I suppose in the vein of fairness and openness, I can make an effort to communicate my needs now, versus just doing as I please on that front.” Mack says, his hands folded in his lap.

”In return, I just ask that the Milton’s don’t mention my existence to others. Our northern neighbors do not take kindly to my existence and I would rather not have to uproot and find new pastures.” Mack says with an almost dismissive gesture.
Rory wrote:"I can help ye rebuild that tower, and with a bit of time, I can upgrade the wooden exterior to Ironwood. O'course, that depends how much time we're here fer, but for as long as I'm here, me services are yers."
Violette seems snapped out of her reverie and looks to Rory. ”Uh, we can discuss it later, I’m kind of busy.” Violette says, before turning back to the conversation.

”I find this all a bit strange, but also not threatening. I am minded to agree to this. Unless Leo has dissent.” Violette says.

Mack seems to look very hard at Leo for a moment. ”You are not well… Am I correct?” Mack says slowly with concern in his voice.

If Leo confirms. ”I likely can help you, if you’d allow me a few moment’s to examine you.” Mack says.
Jason Long wrote:"While you're out there, would you see what's left of that SAMAS? I'd like to recover the jamming gear, if possible, but I think I need to hear what the newcomer has to say."
At the walls:
Father Josiah Reno wrote:"I am a traveling priest, out to "spread the word" as you say" He gives her a little wink at that. "As for what brings me to this particular place and time, only the Good Lord knows, but I feel he did it for a reason. Is there anything I can assist you with, my child? I am more than just a dusty coat and a parched mouth."
The woman who had initially greeted him just seemed to walk off. Luckily for the priest another approaches.
Rufus wrote:"Zdravo, friend priest..." Rufus nods and grins. "If the Good Lord brought you here to take care of that dusty coat and parched mouth, then He brought you to a good spot."
A few mystic words later, Father Reno finds his clothes impeccable clean.
Rufus wrote:"That takes care of the dusty coat, now let's see what we can do about the other..." He rummages around in his backpack and pulls out his canteen. "Hopefully this will do for a start -- I'm afraid I don't have anything harder on me at the moment." He offers it to the priest. "By the way of introductions, prijatelj, the name's Rufus. Who might you be?"
Rufus hands his canteen to Father Reno, who finds the water cool and clean. Not whiskey as he’s hoped, but thirst quenching.
Rufus wrote:"know anything about hovercycles, mechanics, or electronics? If so we could use some help out there."
The Fox-like D-bee asks almost out of the blue.

Out in the field:

Jessie spends the next several minutes dragging corpses and the few meager bits of salvage back to a central point. While Teres looks over the bike in front of her.

What are your intentions?

Butcher’s Bill
Jason: Armor Main Body: -28 M.D.C, -5 shots Thunder gun
Bonaparte: Main Body: -115 M.D.C. -7 HEAT Rounds, -1 Canister Round
Rufus: P.P.E. -124, -1 shot thunder gun, Invincible Armor 200/200 (1d6/melee), Fly as Eagle, Invisibility (10 minutes)
Dhaltuun: 153/163 P.P.E., Superhuman Strength
Leo: -15 M.D.C., -260 rounds. Blood Cursed.
Murdoc: -6 mini-missiles, -6 grenades.
Violator SAMAS: Main Body: -100 M.D.C.
Teres: -14 M.D.C.
Jessie: Armor: -38 M.D.C.
Rory: Energy Sphere: 300/300.
Note: Vehicle damage/Ammo expenditures will be added to Mission notes..
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Post Reply

Return to “Templar Adventure Forum”