Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

If supernatural evil feels persecuted, you can bet the Templar are responsible.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Post Reply
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1644
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Consumer »

Unto Parts Unknown

Road to Redemption: A play in three parts, part three, Act one.
Time and Weather wrote:Location: Enganno Island, Indian Ocean
Date: April 18, 111 PA, 6:20 AM
Weather: High 93°, Low 75°; Raining
Map
Mission Notes
The interior of the sky whale is just plain odd, not uncomfortable, a bit warm and a bit humid, but livable. The trip is really boring, as there are no view ports to look out of and the creature keeps its mouth closed, for the trip. The only sounds, not including the noises made by the Templar, are rhythmic, the beating of a heart every four minutes, and the gentle sound of the creature breathing. One by one the group succumbs to the boredom and ends up sleeping for at least part of the trip. Any who were asleep towards the end are awoken by a gentle call of the sky whale, almost as if it is warning the group of its impending approach.

A few minutes pass and the Templar can feel a thud as it seems the creature lands. With an inrush of wet air, the mouth opens and the adhesive holding each member of the Templar in place seems to dissolve, allowing the Templar to get up and make their way out of the sky whale’s mouth. It’s raining where they’ve landed and the light is faint on the horizon. The Templar find themselves in a mountain depression somewhere just under a thousand feet above sea level, unlike the Rockies these mountains seem rougher and are absolutely covered in vegetation. A minute or two pass after the Templar exited the interior of the sky whale, before it beats its flippers a few times and takes to the air, slowly flying off, away from the brightening sky.

What are your intentions?
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Teres Barton »

Perception: 1d100: [20] = 20 / 54%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [19] = 19 | 1d100: [44] = 44
See Plant & Animal Auras
All things, organic and inorganic, living and inanimate, have an aura. Psi-Druids are more keenly aware of these than most other psychics and can see the auras of plants and animals with the slightest concentration and the expenditure of only one I.S.P. This ability is limited to plants and animals only, meaning the psychic cannot use this power to see the auras of humans, D-bees, and other beings or objects unless he has the psi-power of See Aura.

The aura of a plant or animal will indicate the following:
-Whether it is indigenous (native) to Earth or extraterrestrial; the specific dimension remains unknown.
-Whether it is a predator or not.
-Whether it is healthy or sickly, young or old.
-The general growth/life cycle and whether an animal is pregnant
-Whether the animal/plant is edible or poisonous to humans.
-Estimate the level of intelligence.
Plant (no distinguishable I.Q. or personality), low animal intelligence (I.Q. range I to 4), high animal I.Q. (4-8 range), or human-like intelligence (average I.Q. of 8-1 0).
-Estimate the general level of experience; applicable for Dbee plants/animals like the Emirin and Kisent. Low ( 1-3), medium (4-7), high (8 and up).
-The presence of magic, including magical and/or healing properties of plants as well as magic casting abilities (no indication of specific abilities or power level).
-The presence of psychic abilities.
-High or low base P.P.E.
-The presence of a possessing entity.
Range: 100 feet ( 1 8.3 m) +10 feet (3 m) per level of experience, and must be visible.
Duration: Two melee rounds.
I.S.P. Cost: One

Saving Throw: None for plants or lower animals, standard for most animals; a mind block will hide the presence of psychic abilities, the level of P.P.E., and possession by a supernatural force.

Empathic Animal Friendship
All Psi-Druids automatically have an affinity with animals of all kinds; a power similar to Psi-Stalkers. Domesticated animals will always take an immediate liking to them and will do their best to please the character. This empathy gives the psychic the ability to ride any horse or exotic animal suitable as a mount (wild or tame, although wild animals will have to be ridden bareback; they won't allow even the Psi-Druid to saddle or put a leash or rope around them) at a + 10% bonus to the exotic horsemanship skill. There is an identical bonus (+1 0%) to applicable skills to work with any domesticated animals.

Wild animals, even felines and mutant or alien predators will react to the Psi-Druid as if he was a fellow woodland creature and allow him to walk among them without fear. This ability enables the character to operate in the wild without causing animals to react to his presence; birds do not fly away, animals do not run, and therefore, do not indicate the approach of an intruder. Even watchdogs will not sound a bark of alarm at the presence of a Psi-Druid, and CS mutant animals will feel safe and amicable with them. Note: The Psi-Druid never uses this affinity with animals to hunt them, and when the character does hunt, he does so only for food or other necessity, never for pleasure or sport. One-third of all Psi-Druids are vegetarians, and all will feel sadness whenever an animal is in distress; the psychic will usually try to help it.

Stepping out she looks about for immediate threats. This Biome was a bit new on the surface. it had some aspects she did like and would consider getting seeds to try and grow some of the more useful and exotic plants that might benefit the team and keep her busy growing something new. The plant life suggested ambush and mobile hunters as prominent threats as well as a home for insect and aquatic life. Poisonous frogs, other amphibians, and reptiles would likely be here in mass as well. It was the insects that were deadliest. They could bypass armor and cause infections and illness. Which meant she needed to get up to date about plant life for medicinal cures and antidotes. Even in Lonestar certain plants eaten protected you from some illness. There was no doubt similar life in this region.

"A nice place to visit...if you like snakes, monkeys and wild cats. Oh and look up now and then. Several types of snakes among other things are ambush predators. and I am guessing some have well above human or supernatural levels of strength. I wonder if there is another of my kind here?" she asks aloud to no one pulling her hood up, "I'll get to reading the local plant and animal life. See what we are dealing with. I would like to know what plants are useful, medicinal, edible, poisonous, venomous, and which are likely to kill and/or eat us. Are there any plants you mages need that might be here?" Teres says with a grin before starting her 'scan' and moving slowly about careful to not damage or make too much noise. 15 plants or animals should be a good starting sample. Avoiding duplicate scans should ensure good coverage. Scanning she looks to avoid identical or same species as she does her thing. taking the time while they planned should give her the time to do this.
Last edited by Teres Barton on Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
I've got a job, I explore, I follow every little whiff
And I want my life to smell like this
To find a place, an ancient race
The kind you'd like to gamble with


Image

Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 73/88
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with overcoat
Legs: +12 with overcoat
Main Body: +28 with overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Each holds 12 arrows
• Left Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
• Right Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
Quiver x2:
each Holds 24 Arrows.
• 4 Smoke Arrows
• 4 IR Flare Arrows
• 12 MD Arrows
• 4 Neural Disrupter Arrows
User avatar
Rory
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:35 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Rory »

Perception: d100: 1d100: [65] = 65 / 21%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: 1d20: [7] = 7 | 1d100: 1d100: [94] = 94
Rory looks around at the new landscape, her eyes bright.

"Now this... is cool!"

She looks up as the sky whale slowly makes its way into the distance.

"Not really my preferred way o' flyin', but it was comfortable. Got a bit of sleep, at least."

She slowly pivots on her heels as she scans the area around her. She slings her Nuhr musket rifle across her back, and loosens the vibroaxe, testing how fast she can pull it clear and have it in position.

"Wilderness. And the colors are so much more intense. I like it."

She looks at the others around her.

"Is everyone alright? No side-effects of the journey?"

Rory.
Status
-Current Hit Points: 42/42
-Current SDC: 25/25
-Current PPE: 151/151

Armor: High Magus armor
Helmet: 45
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 30 each
Main Body: 50

Weapons:
Slung over back: Nuhr rune musket rifle
Range: 1,600'
Damage: 6D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 50 blasts
Weight: 8.5 lbs.
Features: Costs 40 P.P.E. to reload
Modifiers: P.S. <26: -3 to strike

Utility belt: Vibro-axe
Range: Close Combat
Damage: 2D6 M.D.
Payload: 1 E-Clip will last approximately 1 hour
Weight: 4 lbs
OOC Comments
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 309
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Rufus »

Perception: 1d100<83: [30*] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2 / 1d100: [53] = 53

Rufus does his best to refrain from flicking his ears away when Mack goes to insert the fish. He's about to ask what happens when the fishes' estimated lifespan of 6 months expires when he suddenly decides he doesn't really want to know. Not yet, anyway. Hopefully we'll be back long before then... he comforts himself.

When the 'transport' arrives he lets out a soft whistle. Septimus and Uncle Cato are never going to believe this... he has just a bit of trepidation as Mack explains the specifics, but ultimately shrugs and takes a seat inside the whale's cheek. He tries meditating to top off his magic reserves -- and to take his mind off the fact he's being ferried across the sky in a sea monster's mouth -- but eventually winds up nodding off to sleep as well.

He awakes with a yawn as the whale comes in for a landing and blinks as the behemoth opens up to let the faint morning light in. Well, that wasn't so bad after all... he muses as he exits the whale's mouth. Once outside he reaches up to the whale's side. "Hvala vam, ti prijatelj..." he gives it a friendly pat. "Thank you for a pleasant, safe, and uneventful flight my friend. And for not swallowing along the way..." he adds with a chuckle. "Hope to see you again soon."
Consumer wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:40 amIt’s raining where they’ve landed and the light is faint on the horizon. The Templar find themselves in a mountain depression somewhere just under a thousand feet above sea level, unlike the Rockies these mountains seem rougher and are absolutely covered in vegetation. A minute or two pass after the Templar exited the interior of the sky whale, before it beats its flippers a few times and takes to the air, slowly flying off, away from the brightening sky.
Rory wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:33 pm"Not really my preferred way o' flyin', but it was comfortable. Got a bit of sleep, at least."

"Wilderness. And the colors are so much more intense. I like it."
"Ja. Don't know that I could ever get quite used to it, but I've had worse travels." Rufus steps up alongside Rory and looks off in the same general direction. "Lush, rugged, and undoubtedly swarming with wildlife. My parents would love this place. Did anyone think to bring a camera?" He gives the air a few inquisitive sniffs to see if he can catch any recognizable scents on the wind.

1d100<64: [82] = 0 to track blood scent up to 1,000’/305 m away
1d100<76: [28*] = 1 to recognize common/known smells
1d100<54: [55] = 0 to recognize the scent of others up to 50’/15.2 m away

He growls slightly as he finally notices the rain falling on them. "If we're going to stay here for a little while figuring out our next move, let's at least do so in the dry... আশ্রয় বাহিনী!" He snaps his fingers and a semi-opaque dome appears. "Magic tent, sets up in a jiffy. Anyone care for a duck out of the rain?" He asks as he steps inside.

((OOC: Casting Sheltering Force -- 8 hours duration, 20 PPE))
Teres Barton wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:21 am"A nice place to visit...if you like snakes, monkeys and wild cats. Oh and look up now and then. Several types of snakes among other things are ambush predators. and I am guessing some have well above human or supernatural levels of strength. I wonder if there is another of my kind here?" she asks aloud to no one pulling her hood up, "I'll get to reading the local plant and animal life. See what we are dealing with. I would like to know what plants are useful, medicinal, edible, poisonous, venomous, and which are likely to kill and/or eat us. Are there any plants you mages need that might be here?"
"I'm not much of an alchemist or herbalist, so I'm good on that one..." Rufus rubs his chin. "But I for one would appreciate you pointing out any foliage we should avoid when answering the call of nature so we don't get a rash on the naughty bits..." He chuckles. "While you're doing that, I can do some more scans of my own."

He takes a deep breath and reaches out with his more arcane senses to see if there's any ley lines or other sources of magical energy in the vicinity.

Sense Ley Line: 80 miles (128.8 km). Can follow the feeling to the location of the ley line. 1d100<72: [9*] = 1
Sense Ley Line Nexus: Can follow ley line to as many nexus points as it may have. 1d100<82: [77*] = 1
Sense a Rift: Anywhere within 120 miles (193.1 km) of him.
Sense Magic in Use: Up to 800’ (243.8 m) away.
See Magic Energy. Range: 1,000' (305 m)

"So what's the plan?" he asks Jason. "If we're supposed to be on the southern end of this island, do we head north and hope for the best? Or should I and Marcella (OOC: If she's come along with the group) do an aerial recon once the rain lets up?"
User avatar
Father Josiah Reno
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:28 pm

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Father Josiah Reno »

Perception: 42% 1d100: [51] = 51
JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17
JIC%: 1d100: [97] = 97

Josiah spends most of his time during the travel reading his bible. But the LORD sent a great fish to swallow Jonah, and he remained in the belly of the fish three days and three nights. Though he had spent forty-two years on God's Earth, he had never seen, let alone traveled in, a creature such as this. Jonah prayed to the LORD, his God, from the belly of the fish. "De angustia, clamavi ad Dominum et dixit mihi. De ventre inferi clamávi et audisti vocem meam," he said softly to himself. He began to reflect on the situation he now found himself in. These people he who had joined up with. "Proiecisti me in profundum maris et inundaverunt me. Omnes gurgites tui et fluctus tui super me transierunt" Who were these people really? Were they pious? Were they sinners? They were powerful to be sure but did their spiritual resolve match their appearance and presence? Was God testing him? When I became faint, I remembered the LORD. My prayer came to you in your holy temple. Right then Josiah decided he would accept the Lord's challenge and continue to spread His Word through the company he now kept. They would give him opportunities that he couldn't do on his own. "At ego tibi grata voce sacrificabo. Quod vovi, restituam ; a Domino liberatio"

As the sky whale opens its mouth and Josiah joins the others as they vacate the creature he says, almost without thinking, "Then the Lord commanded the fish to vomit Jonah upon dry land." as he takes in the wondrous beauty of this new place. A place he has never seen nor ever thought he'd see. He wondered if they had any whiskey...or any sinners.
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Jason Long »

Perception: 71% / 1d100: [36] = 36
JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 / 1d100: [1] = 1

Skills:
((Radio: Basic--112% / 1d100: [97] = 97 %)) searching for radio signals

Jason stays to the side, practically inhaling cigars as the creature comes to pick them up. He doesn't even look at it until it is time to load, constantly mutters to himself, "its not flying, we'll be skimming the ground" He focuses on his gear. During the trip, Jason's armor is closed up, anyone close enough hears him constantly talking. He appears to be reciting equipment manuals from memory, " TM 9 stroke one zero zero 5 stroke two one one stroke 34, rifle, assault, laser, seven point six two millimeter, select fire, model LAR ten. Chapter four, General maintenance. Section 1 General. This chapter provides the necessary instructions on the general maintenance procedures to follow. The following methods and procedures given in this chapter are to be carefully observed during repair operations. This chapter includes the disassembly and assembly procedures..."

Once the creature lands, Jason all but runs from it with his gear. 50 yards away, he removes his helmet, sits down looking away from it and lights up a cigar. He remains that way until the creature is gone and he finishes the cigar. He stands up, shakes his head, and then seems to take stock in their surroundings. That is when he notices the rain and moves to Rufus' magic tent.

Working the mission helps Jason focus and in a few minutes, he is back in the groove.
Rufus wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:46 pm "So what's the plan?" he asks Jason. "If we're supposed to be on the southern end of this island, do we head north and hope for the best? Or should I and Marcella (OOC: If she's come along with the group) do an aerial recon once the rain lets up?"


"Ok, those of us with special abilities, please use them to sense what is in the immediate area. Even though we have no hard time limit on this job, and I don't want us blundering around in the rain. I'll see if anyone is transmitting. If there is anyone still at that old science community, they may be using a radio or there may be a navigational beacon for seagoing vessels." Jason settles his gear and begins a methodical search of the radio bands.
Jason Long
OOC Comments
HP: 49/21
SDC: 52/52
Triarius Heavy Armor
• Helmet: 100
• Main Body: 200
• Arms: 125 each
• Legs: 150 each
• Arm Shield: 300
Modifiers: -15% to physical skills, +1 to strike with ranged weapons
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1644
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Consumer »

Road to Redemption: A play in three parts, part two, Act One.
Time and Weather wrote:Location: Enganno Island, Indian Ocean
Date: April 18, 111 PA, 6:30 AM
Weather: High 93°, Low 75°; Raining
Map
Mission Notes
Jason Long: Radio: Basic (Searching for radio signals.): No signals within the five mile range of the suits radio.
Leo Milton: No skills used.
Rufus: Kankoran Scent Detecting: To track blood scent up to 1,000’ away. Nothing.
Kankoran Scent Detecting: To recognize common/known smells. Rufus can identify the Templar, and a few common plant scents.
Kankoran Scent Detecting: To recognize the scent of others up to 50’ Nothing.
Sense Ley Line None within 80 miles.
Sense Ley Line Nexus None sensed.
Sense a Rift None sensed.
Sense Magic in Use None sensed.
See Magic Energy None sensed, save whatever magic items the party has on them.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge: No skills used.
Jessie the Valkyrie: No skills used.
Travis Murdoc: No skills used.
Teres Barton: See Plant & Animal Auras: See Post.
Father Josiah Reno: No skills used.


Teres makes some mental observations, but given her inexperience with actual rainforests, she can only guess based on the terrain she’s been exposed to.
Teres Barton wrote:"A nice place to visit...if you like snakes, monkeys and wild cats. Oh and look up now and then. Several types of snakes among other things are ambush predators. and I am guessing some have well above human or supernatural levels of strength. I wonder if there is another of my kind here?" she asks aloud to no one pulling her hood up, "I'll get to reading the local plant and animal life. See what we are dealing with. I would like to know what plants are useful, medicinal, edible, poisonous, venomous, and which are likely to kill and/or eat us. Are there any plants you mages need that might be here?"
Teres goes about the rather slow process of identifying the plants and animals in the area. At present she only observes a few obstinate birds and several small trees and a variety of ground cover.
For ease, you’ll get two lump sums as all of the plants in the area have the same notes. Same with the few Birds that haven’t flown off due to being frightened by the Sky Whale.
The Plants:
Whether it is indigenous (native) to Earth or extraterrestrial: Indigenous.
Whether it is a predator or not: Not.
Whether it is healthy or sickly, young or old: Healthy, Old.
The general growth/life cycle: Varies, but very normal for plants.
Whether the animal/plant: Technically edible, but doesn’t offer any nutritional value to speak of.
Estimate the level of intelligence: Plant.
Estimate the general level of experience: Not Aplicable.
The presence of magic, including magical and/or healing properties of plants as well as magic casting abilities: None.
The presence of psychic abilities: None.
High or low base P.P.E.: Low.
The presence of a possessing entity: None.
The Birds
Whether it is indigenous (native) to Earth or extraterrestrial: Indigenous.
Whether it is a predator or not: Not
Whether it is healthy or sickly, young or old: Healthy, Young.
The general growth/life cycle and whether an animal is pregnant: Average for birds, not pregnant.
Whether the animal/plant is edible or poisonous to humans.: Edible.
Estimate the level of intelligence: low animal intelligence.
Estimate the general level of experience: Not Aplicable.
The presence of magic, including magical and/or healing properties of plants as well as magic casting abilities (no indication of specific abilities or power level): None.
The presence of psychic abilities: None.
High or low base P.P.E.: Low.
The presence of a possessing entity: None.

Rory wrote:"Now this... is cool!... Not really my preferred way o' flyin', but it was comfortable. Got a bit of sleep, at least... Wilderness. And the colors are so much more intense. I like it... Is everyone alright? No side-effects of the journey?"
Rory says as she looks about the area, this terrain is all very new to her, and is indeed bright and colorful, even in the dawn light.

Rufus thanks the Sky Whale as it flies off.
Rufus wrote:"Ja. Don't know that I could ever get quite used to it, but I've had worse travels... Lush, rugged, and undoubtedly swarming with wildlife. My parents would love this place. Did anyone think to bring a camera?"
Rufus sniffs the air a few times, but doesn't get anything substantial in his scent.
Rufus wrote:"If we're going to stay here for a little while figuring out our next move, let's at least do so in the dry... আশ্রয় বাহিনী!... Magic tent, sets up in a jiffy. Anyone care for a duck out of the rain?"
As a semi-opaque dome appears, Rufus then proceeds to walk into the dome and enjoy the shelter it provides.
Rufus wrote:"I'm not much of an alchemist or herbalist, so I'm good on that one... But I for one would appreciate you pointing out any foliage we should avoid when answering the call of nature so we don't get a rash on the naughty bits... While you're doing that, I can do some more scans of my own."


Rufus seeks out the world around with his mystic senses, but is disappointed to find nothing of import.
Rufus wrote:"So what's the plan?.. If we're supposed to be on the southern end of this island, do we head north and hope for the best? Or should I and Marcella do an aerial recon once the rain lets up?"
Father Josiah Reno wrote:"Then the Lord commanded the fish to vomit Jonah upon dry land."
Father Reno says as he looks around for signs of anything, but sees nothing but forest and mountain.

Jason avoids a full blown panic attack and decides to ease his mind with another cigar.
Jason Long wrote:"Ok, those of us with special abilities, please use them to sense what is in the immediate area. Even though we have no hard time limit on this job, and I don't want us blundering around in the rain. I'll see if anyone is transmitting. If there is anyone still at that old science community, they may be using a radio or there may be a navigational beacon for seagoing vessels."
Jason scans the channels, but finds the range of his armor’s integrated radio to be lackluster at best, finding no radio signals in its meager range.

This leaves the Templar still where they were a few minutes ago, standing in a depression high on a mountain, surrounded by jungle vegetation, while a tepid rain falls upon them.


Jason Long:
Leo Milton:
Rufus: P.P.E.: 283/303
Dhaltuun Onyxforge:
Jessie the Valkyrie:
Travis Murdoc:
Violator SAMAS:
Teres Barton: I.S.P.: 73/88
Father Josiah Reno:


GM Note: Already added to each of your sheets is the following special ability.
Tiny symbiotic fish that translates language
  • Effect: Automatically translates any language to one the host understands.
  • Will attempt to translate responses at 50% chance.
  • Lifespan: 6 months
  • Notes: Created by a Genesplicer, no side effects


What are your intentions?
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Teres Barton »

Perception: 1d100: [45] = 45 / 64%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [15] = 15 | 1d100: [28] = 28

Skill:
Wilderness Survival 1d100: [49] = 49 / 50% (to spot animal lairs, dens burrows, that sort of thing)

After seeing the low levels of active life she figured it would be wise to check for animal lairs and possible monster spots. It would be best to even if it just kept her busy. This was her first time in a full-on jungle. She had been in several types of forests, and deserts and even spent time in a few places north of Chi-Town in winter. It was according to her and the 35 other Psi-Druids this was the CS's way of punishing them. In truth, she and most of them enjoyed that. The Psi-Hounds and Psi-Slayers sent with them not so much into them. The Dog-boys and mutant animals were also happy to run around in the wild too.

"Most animals were scared off by the whale. Only a few birds are in the immediate area and no man-eating or alien plants to worry about so far." Teres offers to return to the tent, "I should do a check on water and what is in this mountain. I would hate to think we were camping over a deposit of uranium or worse. I can do that before we set up a permanent camp. In the meantime, I should take a look around and see what we have in this place. Seeing who our neighbors are is a good thing. Anyone wanna come along? I need to get a feel for this place navigationally." she offers.
Dice rolls
1d100: [65] = 65
I've got a job, I explore, I follow every little whiff
And I want my life to smell like this
To find a place, an ancient race
The kind you'd like to gamble with


Image

Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 73/88
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with overcoat
Legs: +12 with overcoat
Main Body: +28 with overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Each holds 12 arrows
• Left Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
• Right Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
Quiver x2:
each Holds 24 Arrows.
• 4 Smoke Arrows
• 4 IR Flare Arrows
• 12 MD Arrows
• 4 Neural Disrupter Arrows
User avatar
Rory
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:35 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Rory »

Perception: d100: 1d100: [3] = 3 / 21%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: 1d20: [5] = 5 | 1d100: 1d100: [75] = 75

Rory smiles shyly at Teres.

"I'm happy ta help, if I can."

She gestures to her vibroaxe.

"Goin' for the stereotype here, ya see. Ain't so much a country girl, but I can make my way around."

She drops her head, then a smile crosses her face as she raises it again.

"Can't do navigation, though. Last time I tried flying without a navigator we ended up crash-landing when we ran out of fuel. In the wrong part of the country."

She pauses as if considering something, then shrugs.

"I can do magic, but I don't have a whole lot of energy reserves. Making water is one of the ones I can do, though, in a pinch. Wherever possible, I prefer ta use what nature provides, but when resources are scarce, magic can substitute."

She steps forward a bit, looking down.

"Hel's teeth. If I had the time and the energy, I could almost build a glider. That would be an awesome way ta fly."

She turns back to Teres.

"Not as good as a proper plane, but at least you can make a glider without needing engines. It's always the engines that make things difficult. But if you've got the engines, oh..."

A smile lights up her face.

"There's no better way ta fly than in an old-fashioned airplane."

Rory.
Status
-Current Hit Points: 42/42
-Current SDC: 25/25
-Current PPE: 151/151

Armor: High Magus armor
Helmet: 45
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 30 each
Main Body: 50

Weapons:
Slung over back: Nuhr rune musket rifle
Range: 1,600'
Damage: 6D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 50 blasts
Weight: 8.5 lbs.
Features: Costs 40 P.P.E. to reload
Modifiers: P.S. <26: -3 to strike

Utility belt: Vibro-axe
Range: Close Combat
Damage: 2D6 M.D.
Payload: 1 E-Clip will last approximately 1 hour
Weight: 4 lbs
OOC Comments
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Dhaltuun Onyxforge »

Perception: [roll]1d100[/roll]/34%
Just in Case: [roll]1d20[/roll]; [roll]1d100[/roll]
Conditions:
Similar to the Ley Line Walker' s ability, the Shifter can feel the surge of energy whenever a Rift is within 50 miles +20 miles per additional level of experience. He can also tell when a new Rift appears along a ley line he is standing on regardless of the distance. When this happens, a Shifter instantly knows the general direction the Rift is located and whether it is big or small. The Shifter is also able to sense other types of dimensional disturbances such as Teleports and dimensional anomalies that occur within his sensing range. The latter is limited to one half the Shifter's usual range.
Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/Rifts and not nexus points and ley lines.


PPE: 143 at end of post / 143

Conditions:
Energy sphere (300 ppe)

Skills:
Astronomy 79% / [roll]1d100[/roll] - fiqure out location
Land Navigation 60% / [roll]1d100[/roll] - fiqure out location
Wilderness Survival 74% / [roll]1d100[/roll] - fiqure out terrian type

Post -
Dhaltuun’s mind races as he thinks about the last few days. ” We fought off a gang, met a powerful being, who then fixed Leo’s juice problem, now we are on our way to a floating city… in a flying whale of all things.” He slowy returns to the conversation as he hears mention of living translators. Looking at Mack, ”Now you have my attention!” Dhal listens and watches closely as Mack explains these things. Once the explanation is finished, Dhal eagerly accepts his. After attaching it to his ear, he waits a moment for thigs to settle before he nods in thanks and heads off to pack.

Taking his cooking gear as well as his usual pack and weapons, Dhaltuun makes sure to pack up hos spellbooks. ”Maybe i can get some studying in at some point.” Taking a moment, he thinks on his personal journey so far. ”Not long ago. I was serving fried seafood from a truck, now i tour the land , doing good deeds and trying to spread Njord's name. I am blessed. I am finally going to get the travel the water like i always imagined i would. Praise Njord.” With a satisfied grin, Dhaltuun hauls his stuff outside.

This is when he starts to catch up with the others. After hearing everything, Dhaltuun lets out a hearty yell of enjoyment. ”I am so glad to be a part of this. Good news, Leo!! I am happy to hear it. We Templars are blessed.” He looks around proudly at his team as he awaits their ride.

Once the sky whale approaches, Dhaltuun watches it in awe as it descends. ”That is amazing.” Once it has landed, Dhaltuun rubs his hand gently along it’s head. ”Thank you. This ride is appreciated.” With a final pat, Dhaltuun gets his gear and eads into his alcove. Finding a comfortable spot, he prepares for the trip.

First he checks on Jesse. ”Heya. You good? Find a spot and get comfy. Relax and enjoy this. Need anything?” After getting a response, dhal gives her arm a gentle squeeze of support and comfort before he heads off to find vlad. ”Hey buddy. You okay? You want to stay with me in the alcove? If not, we can find somewhere else, but i i would love your company. I enjoy your stories.” Finally, he steps out and whistles for Marcella. Once she lands on his arm, Dhal returns to his alcove, with or without Vlad, and sets Marcella on his pack. He then puts out a pile of snacks. After all thaty, he sitsd and gets comfy before pulling out his “Fleet Feet” spellbook and begins studying for the journey. After some time, Dhal falls asleep. Waking up to a gentle bump, Dhal stretches and gets up.

Standing just inside the mouth, dhal looks out. ”Can anyopne do anything about the weather? Otherwise we need to make shelter. Ideas??” Dhaltuun turns back and admires the scenery while he awaits an answer.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 80&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
  • Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line
Sense Rifts
  • Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.
Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
  • Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details
Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
  • P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)
Familiar Link
  • Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.
Summoning
  • Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 309
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Rufus »

Perception: 1d100<83: [98] = 0
JIC: 1d20: [12] = 12 / 1d100: [52] = 52

Conditions:
- PPE: 283/303 at the start of this post
- Translator Fish:
"This creature I whipped up in my lab will go in your ear and live there for a while… Estimated lifespan is six months… Once in there it will gently affix itself to your eardrum and collect the sounds coming into your ear, and with sympathetic psionics, it will translate the language into something you understand. On the flipside, it will attempt to translate your speech in your brain to one that it has received, though this is to a limited effect, so keep the speaking simple and you should be okay.”

- Sheltering Force: 7 hours, 59.75 minutes remaining
The Sheltering Force is essentially a light force field that appears as a semi-opaque (can see figures, outlines and blurred colors, but not faces or details), bluish-white dome. The “shelter” can be small enough to accommodate two people or big enough to accommodate six (eight cramped). In either case, it resembles a dome shaped tent made of semi-opaque plastic. It is dry inside and maintains a temperature that is 10 degrees Fahrenheit cooler than outside in hot weather and 10 degrees warmer in cool weather. It will hold smoke in, so any campfire must be made outside. The magical shelter keeps rain and insects out, but animals, people, ‘bots and spirits can come and go as they please, much like a real tent. Furthermore, if attacked, the Sheltering Force will only stop 1D6 M.D. per each attack blast/arrow/whatever, with the remaining damage penetrating the force field and possibly hitting those inside the shelter. The semi-opaque nature of the force field means that those attacking from outside cannot get a clear shot and are -3 to strike, but they can see shapes and shadows inside to shoot at.

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:32 am”Can anyopne do anything about the weather? Otherwise we need to make shelter. Ideas??”
"Yes, come on in..." Rufus mutters as he starts to enter his magical tent. As he looks around and notices Dhal's entourage he nods to himself. "Yeah, one's not going to be enough for everyone..." With a gesture and some repeated words of power a second semi-opaque dome materializes, slightly overlapping the first so that anyone inside can get from one to the other without having to get wet.

((OOC: casting a second Sheltering Force, 20 PPE))
Jason Long wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:15 am"Ok, those of us with special abilities, please use them to sense what is in the immediate area. Even though we have no hard time limit on this job, and I don't want us blundering around in the rain. I'll see if anyone is transmitting. If there is anyone still at that old science community, they may be using a radio or there may be a navigational beacon for seagoing vessels."
Rufus opens his eyes. "Disappointingly unfruitful -- or fortunately, depending on your point of view. No ley lines within 80 miles of us, and no rifts within over 100. Not even registering anything magical within several hundred feet. I'm almost ready to say we're the most magical beings on this island."

He takes another couple of sniffs in Jason's direction. "And you've either changed cigar brands or whoever you get them from has changed their stock. Less earthy, more hickory."
Teres Barton wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:24 pm"Most animals were scared off by the whale. Only a few birds are in the immediate area and no man-eating or alien plants to worry about so far." Teres offers to return to the tent, "I should do a check on water and what is in this mountain. I would hate to think we were camping over a deposit of uranium or worse. I can do that before we set up a permanent camp. In the meantime, I should take a look around and see what we have in this place. Seeing who our neighbors are is a good thing. Anyone wanna come along? I need to get a feel for this place navigationally." she offers.
Rufus nods. "That sounds logical. A flying whale with foreign adventurers in its mouth isn't something you'd likely be used to, so it'd probably scare me off too." He listens as Teres continues. "That also sounds logical. These tents will last about 8 hours, but I don't know that we'd want a permanent camp here regardless. This area makes a good landing pad but we're pretty exposed out here in the open. And I can create firewood or even some wood suitable for building when we make a more long-term shelter... but water? Can't do that spell yet."

That's why I stuck the magic well in the APC so we could bring it with us... he grouses silently. No use complaining about that, though. A whale's mouth isn't exactly overflowing with cargo space.
Rory wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:50 am"I can do magic, but I don't have a whole lot of energy reserves. Making water is one of the ones I can do, though, in a pinch. Wherever possible, I prefer ta use what nature provides, but when resources are scarce, magic can substitute."
"That's not a bad idea," Rufus nods, "especially until we know for sure that the water here's safe to drink."
Rory wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:50 am"There's no better way ta fly than in an old-fashioned airplane."
Rufus' ears swivel around towards Rory as he overhears her talking about flying and lets out a soft chuckle. Well, you're not wrong... my hovercycle would be rather handy right now. He clears his throat. "So boss, looks like we've got the area to ourselves for the moment. Shall I start the aerial recon while Teres and Rory pound ground, or do you want to wait and see if the rain lets up?"

If he's given the green light he'll cast Fly as the Eagle (25 PPE) and activate his ring of invisibility (1st of 3) while he flies up to just over treetop level and starts making ever-widening circles of the immediate area. "Alright, friends, if you don't see a ridiculously handsome magical kankoran flying overhead -- it's just me..." he grins invisibly as he takes off. "I'll radio if I see anything interesting. Teres, Rory, you do the same and I'll join you."
User avatar
Father Josiah Reno
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:28 pm

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Father Josiah Reno »

Perception: 40% 1d100: [39] = 39
JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17
JIC%: 1d100: [84] = 84
Jason Long wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:15 am"Ok, those of us with special abilities, please use them to sense what is in the immediate area. Even though we have no hard time limit on this job, and I don't want us blundering around in the rain. I'll see if anyone is transmitting. If there is anyone still at that old science community, they may be using a radio or there may be a navigational beacon for seagoing vessels." Jason settles his gear and begins a methodical search of the radio bands.
"Well I can't say I have any particular special abilities aside from preachin' the Lord's word and aholdin' my liquor," Josiah chuckled at himself for that one...then immediate lost his smile as he realized in the rush of gathering equipment and the shock of seeing their previous mode of transportation he forgot to grab a bottle to bring with him. Damn! He thought while simultaneously crossing himself for the mental transgression. After taking a deep breath he took a look across the landscape to see if anything caught his eye.

Land Navigation: 86% 1d100: [51] = 51 - Scouting the landscape
Lore: Demons & Monsters – 95% 1d100: [26] = 26 - In case he sees anything

Unless his sees something worth mentioning, Josiah heads into the shelter Rufus graciously conjured to dry off. While waiting to see what the plan is, he begins to sing a chant he learned from his father when he was a child.
Hopefully this will keep everyone's mood up.

Performance – 97% 1d100: [41] = 41
Sing – 95% 1d100: [82] = 82
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Teres Barton »

Rufus wrote:Rufus nods. "That sounds logical. A flying whale with foreign adventurers in its mouth isn't something you'd likely be used to, so it'd probably scare me off too." He listens as Teres continues. "That also sounds logical. These tents will last about 8 hours, but I don't know that we'd want a permanent camp here regardless. This area makes a good landing pad but we're pretty exposed out here in the open. And I can create firewood or even some wood suitable for building when we make a more long-term shelter... but water? Can't do that spell yet."
"Agree, Mountain tops tend to be places apex predators and other big baddies like to roost in. Jungles tend to not have as many large critters or so I am told. Water from rain in an open area should be safe and boil it to be sure. otherwise, I recommend spring water that we can find the source of. Besides water is better with coffee." she added with a grin, "Now if it were me...I would be fine. but you guys don't get that free pass in nature I do. Let's get a look around, Rory. Bring that axe. We may need it. we should not be going to far to need navigation to get back." The Psi Druid started to where some springs and lairs might be.
I've got a job, I explore, I follow every little whiff
And I want my life to smell like this
To find a place, an ancient race
The kind you'd like to gamble with


Image

Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 73/88
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with overcoat
Legs: +12 with overcoat
Main Body: +28 with overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Each holds 12 arrows
• Left Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
• Right Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
Quiver x2:
each Holds 24 Arrows.
• 4 Smoke Arrows
• 4 IR Flare Arrows
• 12 MD Arrows
• 4 Neural Disrupter Arrows
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Jason Long »

Perception: 71% / 1d100: [15] = 15
JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4 / 1d100: [18] = 18



Jason still appears distracted from his near panic attack. He settles his gear and begins to take stock of the area. Now, where are we.
He considers the other's input. "We won't really need shelter beyond Rufus' magic tent. One of my first assignments in the ATAC was in the tropics. If the weather patterns hold with what I was used to, it will rain most days. " He remembers moving through the jungles in South America on patrol and how they tended to thin near the coastlines. "Let's head to the closest coast and follow the shoreline north. There should be easier going and we can at least have good visibility on one side."
Rufus wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:42 pm Rufus' ears swivel around towards Rory as he overhears her talking about flying and lets out a soft chuckle. Well, you're not wrong... my hovercycle would be rather handy right now. He clears his throat. "So boss, looks like we've got the area to ourselves for the moment. Shall I start the aerial recon while Teres and Rory pound ground, or do you want to wait and see if the rain lets up?"


"Lets start recon right away. Start on looking for the easiest route to the closest shoreline. I would like to reach the shore before dark, if possible. When we move through the jungle, disturb as little as possible. Besides not wanting to leave a trail, something might live here that would object to us tearing up their landscaping."

Jason shakes his head at Rory's comment about flying, Hover vehicles are good enough for me. Let them be the ones who are obvious targets. Besides, planes can't carry enough armor...
Jason Long
OOC Comments
HP: 49/21
SDC: 52/52
Triarius Heavy Armor
• Helmet: 100
• Main Body: 200
• Arms: 125 each
• Legs: 150 each
• Arm Shield: 300
Modifiers: -15% to physical skills, +1 to strike with ranged weapons
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1644
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Consumer »

Road to Redemption: A play in three parts, part two, Act One.
Time and Weather wrote:Location: Enganno Island, Indian Ocean
Date: April 18, 111 PA, 6:35 AM (5 minutes have passed)
Weather: High 93°, Low 75°; Raining
Map
Mission Notes
Jason Long: No skills used.
Leo Milton: No skills used.
Rufus: No skills used.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge: None of your skills had rolled dice, be more careful in your posts. ~Consumer
Jessie the Valkyrie: No skills used.
Travis Murdoc: No skills used.
Teres Barton: Wilderness Survival (to spot animal lairs, dens burrows, that sort of thing): None found.
Father Josiah Reno: No skills used.


The Sun continues to rise in the east, and the rain continues to fall from the thin cloud cover, and the temperature begins to rise. The Templar who are not in the shelter can see the surroundings in a bit better detail now that it’s getting brighter out. The ground is mostly volcanic rock, and short ferns and ground plants, while the outer edge of the depression has larger trees that shade a good portion of the area. Those who have experience with helicopters, would think this an awful place to land, but the Sky Whale didn’t seem too bothered.

Teres looks around but finds no viable water or food sources, and other than a few bird nests, no real animal life in the area. Teres’ search also notes that she doesn’t see anything larger than a bird, generally ruling out apex predators in the area. As for possible dangers below the mountain’s surface, she could only make uneducated guesses without geological scans. Teres finds the depression to be approximately three hundred feet in area, and other than some trees on the edge of the depression, not very interesting. Any further searches for water or animal life would require Teres to make the climb down the mountain, several hundred feet.

Jessie, seemingly unbothered by the weather, takes to the air and begins flying off. The group quickly loses sight of her as she goes past the trees. Vladimir the hearth spirit seems uncomfortable by his surroundings, it doesn’t appear that the weather bothers him, but the lack of his comfort zone of the Behemoth or Templar Farm, so for his part he stands under the Sheltering Force spell.

Crit Perception Rory talks about an incident involving a plane crash, while looking about. On the edge of the depression peering through the trees, Rory can see the low land below, lush and green. Along the coasts seem to be dwellings of some kind, but she is unable to see in greater detail, save from smoke rising from a few locals.Rory also notes the mountain is rather steep, but certainly climbable, with plenty of hand holds and things to brace on on the descent or ascent.

Rufus throws another Sheltering Force up expanding the area protected by the rain. While conversing with the other Templar. Rufus casts a flight spell and then activates his ring, making the Kankoran invisible to the group. A short flight up and out, brings Rufus outside the shelter of the depression. He can see Jessie slowly circling around the mountain peak, apparently eyeing the area as well. Jessie looks straight at Rufus and flies towards him, the speed is slightly faster than his own spell, it appears. Once nearby, she speaks up. ”So from what I can see, there are four villages, Two are on the south eastern shore, One is on the north eastern shore, and one is on the mid western shore. Doesn’t look like there is much tech in the area, I can barely make out some ruins on the northern tip of the island. As far as I can tell, it doesn't look like much, some farmland near the villages, if I’m seeing it right, and that’s about it.” Jessie says to the invisible Rufus. Rufus after a bit of looking confirms what she’s said with his own two eyes. To Rufus’s eyes, the island isn’t particularly big, maybe twenty miles or so long, and ten or so miles wide, he can also see the rain clouds seem to be centralized around the mountain for the most part.

Father Reno makes light of not being particularly skilled in exploration, before joining the others that are looking out over the edge of the depression and to the land below. He can make out smoke gently rising from what may be some manner of dwelling below. He does all this while singing a song.

Jason makes a few comments about what he knows of tropical weather, before making decisions on a plan. In the end it seems the easiest route down is all routes, just a matter of what terrain you want to end up in, that being said heading to a north eastern direction will take the Templar out of the highlands of the island. It’s about this time that Jessie and Rufus return to give the rundown of what they've seen.

With that information, Leo and Murdoc begin making the climb down.

GM Note: Just need a single climbing skill roll from anyone not flying down. ~Consumer

Jason Long:
Leo Milton:
Rufus: P.P.E.: 238/303; Ring of Invisibility (2 of 3 charges remaining/24hr)
Dhaltuun Onyxforge:
Jessie the Valkyrie:
Travis Murdoc:
Violator SAMAS:
Teres Barton: I.S.P.: 73/88
Father Josiah Reno:


What are your intentions?
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Teres Barton »

Perception: 1d100: [99] = 99 / 54%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [12] = 12 | 1d100: [34] = 34

"Not much up here other than birds and a small gorge that looks pretty empty so not likely a risk. if there is something it looks inactive and that might be good for us that way. We should keep a watch though. Have one person and flyer or flyers watch our backs while we non-flyers climb and they can get down fast or get a lift down for their non-flying friends. It would be the most expedient way off of here." She suggests. looking about for rocks, trees, and such that could test a theory.

Teres considered getting a Vibro-climbing pick ax with a trigger to deactivate the Vibro feature and D-rings to use cord and laniards made saw a good spot to test at least one aspect. How long would it take to damage rock and other matter to break up before the weapon would not hold onto the surface? if the ax and in this case, the knife as well, were not in the rock too long it should let her put them in the rock and remove them before they broke the rock up it should allow climbing stability. Placing the next impact lower or higher than the last it should allow the climber to go side to side, up or down, provided the timing was right and the charged Vibroblades were not left embedded in the surface too long.

Until she had Vibro-hand axes or knives made with triggers and rings to put cord or rope through effectively hanging in a spot to snipe, hide or ambush was not possible. Retractable blades with the turn-off trigger in the sole of the boots or on the foot would help in hanging as well as provide extra damage in kicks. Another idea of a more vicious nature came to mind as she thought of the boot blades. An arrow or throwing blade that imbedded itself in a target and continued to do damage over time via Vibrational effects. It could be a good siege weapon to break down locks or hinges on doors or to make places to shoot through quickly. Stick in a vibroblade and let it do the hard work, easy peasy. once she tests the time a vibroblade could be in a rock or cliff surface she ties her vibro axe to her armor in case she needs to slow a fall or make an emergency climb with it. then gets ready to start the climb since two already were climbing so exploring that one spot would have to wait. Then decides her limited mountaineering skill (which was none) did not suit this task.

"I have a request. Jesse, can I get a lift down the mountain? You can fly right?" she asks.
I've got a job, I explore, I follow every little whiff
And I want my life to smell like this
To find a place, an ancient race
The kind you'd like to gamble with


Image

Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 73/88
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with overcoat
Legs: +12 with overcoat
Main Body: +28 with overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Each holds 12 arrows
• Left Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
• Right Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
Quiver x2:
each Holds 24 Arrows.
• 4 Smoke Arrows
• 4 IR Flare Arrows
• 12 MD Arrows
• 4 Neural Disrupter Arrows
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Dhaltuun Onyxforge »

Perception: [roll]1d100[/roll]/34%
Just in Case: [roll]1d20[/roll]; [roll]1d100[/roll]
Conditions:
Similar to the Ley Line Walker' s ability, the Shifter can feel the surge of energy whenever a Rift is within 50 miles +20 miles per additional level of experience. He can also tell when a new Rift appears along a ley line he is standing on regardless of the distance. When this happens, a Shifter instantly knows the general direction the Rift is located and whether it is big or small. The Shifter is also able to sense other types of dimensional disturbances such as Teleports and dimensional anomalies that occur within his sensing range. The latter is limited to one half the Shifter's usual range.
Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/Rifts and not nexus points and ley lines.


Initiative: [roll]1d20+1[/roll]
APM: 6

PPE: 128 at end of post / 143

Conditions:
Armor of Ithan (10)
superhuman strength (10)
Ice (15)


Skills:
Sense of Balance 89% / 1d100: [88] = 88
No Fear of Heights /
Climb Skill 64% /

Post -
Dhaltuun takes a moment to secure his gear, then he heads for the cliff edge. Looking down the side, he notices the angle it is on and has a wild idea. ” Hmmm, I wonder??” He looks at the others and then back down the side. Waving his hands and saying some words in old Norse, Dhaltuun prepares to climb down.


First, he casts Armor of Ithan ” Just in case, I hit anything.” Next he casts Superhuman Strength. ” To help push off stuff in the path.” Finally, he casts ice on the ground, then with a grin leaps over the side and uses the ice as a slide to head down. Letting gravity move, Dhal uses his grapple hook as a rudder and brake.
Dice rolls
1d100: [98] = 98
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 80&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
  • Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line
Sense Rifts
  • Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.
Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
  • Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details
Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
  • P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)
Familiar Link
  • Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.
Summoning
  • Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Rory
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:35 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Rory »

Perception: d100: 1d100: [78] = 78 / 21%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: 1d20: [17] = 17 | 1d100: 1d100: [45] = 45

Rory sighs as she looks at Teres.

"Don't look like I'll have time ta build a glider."

She carefully repacks her vibroaxe.

"Have the feelin' I'm goin' ta be playin' a game o' pinball soon enough. Why make it easy?"

She casts Armor of Ithan on herself.

"Might gimme a little extra padding fer me armor when I slip."

She looks down the slope, trying to pick a path that will slow her descent by bouncing off as many trees as possible. She then breathes deeply and starts the descent.

"Time ta climb, or failin' that, it's time ta roll - and don't go splat."

Climbing d100: 1d100: [96] = 96 / 25%

Rory.
Status
-Current Hit Points: 42/42
-Current SDC: 25/25
-Current PPE: 141/151

Armor: High Magus armor
Helmet: 45
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 30 each
Main Body: 50

Weapons:
Slung over back: Nuhr rune musket rifle
Range: 1,600'
Damage: 6D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 50 blasts
Weight: 8.5 lbs.
Features: Costs 40 P.P.E. to reload
Modifiers: P.S. <26: -3 to strike

Utility belt: Vibro-axe
Range: Close Combat
Damage: 2D6 M.D.
Payload: 1 E-Clip will last approximately 1 hour
Weight: 4 lbs
OOC Comments
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Jason Long »

Perception: 71% / 1d100: [44] = 44
JIC: 1d20: [6] = 6 / 1d100: [28] = 28

Skills:
((Land Navigation--91% / 1d100: [15] = 15 )) keeping oriented on the way down
(( Base roll for climb - 1d100: [24] = 24 ))

Jason looks down the mountain, missing his VHT and mentally cursing the flying whale. You are a whale, why couldn't you have landed us at a beach.

Teres Barton wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:10 pm "I have a request. Jesse, can I get a lift down the mountain? You can fly right?" she asks.
He hears Teres ask for a ride. Nope, no chance in hell for me. He points out a rally point at the bottom. "That's where we'll meet up. Those that fly, try to keep an eye on those of us on the ground. " Jason shoulders his gear and slowly, carefully, starts working his way down the slope. While he does, he wonders if the kinetic shielding of his armor would have any effect on a fall. He shrugs and continues working his way down. He pauses occasionally to double check his bearings, so they can work their way to the coast once the team is reassembled.

At the bottom, (provided he isn't injured)he checks on the rest. He gives everyone 10 minutes to rest and repack any gear that they used for the decent.
Jason Long
OOC Comments
HP: 49/21
SDC: 52/52
Triarius Heavy Armor
• Helmet: 100
• Main Body: 200
• Arms: 125 each
• Legs: 150 each
• Arm Shield: 300
Modifiers: -15% to physical skills, +1 to strike with ranged weapons
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 309
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Rufus »

Perception: 1d100<83: [9*] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19 / 1d100: [65] = 65

Conditions:
- PPE: 238/303 at the start of this post
- Ring of Invisibility: 2/3 charges remaining
- Translator Fish:
"This creature I whipped up in my lab will go in your ear and live there for a while… Estimated lifespan is six months… Once in there it will gently affix itself to your eardrum and collect the sounds coming into your ear, and with sympathetic psionics, it will translate the language into something you understand. On the flipside, it will attempt to translate your speech in your brain to one that it has received, though this is to a limited effect, so keep the speaking simple and you should be okay.”

- Fly as the Eagle: 155 minutes remaining.
The power of flight is bestowed upon the spell caster or person it is cast upon. It is especially effective outdoors, and in large, open areas. Maximum Speed: 50 mph (80 km). Bonuses: +1 to parry, +2 to dodge and +2 to damage on a diving attack. Bonuses apply only when in flight.

Consumer wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:44 amRufus throws another Sheltering Force up expanding the area protected by the rain. While conversing with the other Templar. Rufus casts a flight spell and then activates his ring, making the Kankoran invisible to the group. A short flight up and out, brings Rufus outside the shelter of the depression. He can see Jessie slowly circling around the mountain peak, apparently eyeing the area as well. Jessie looks straight at Rufus and flies towards him, the speed is slightly faster than his own spell, it appears. Once nearby, she speaks up. ”So from what I can see, there are four villages, Two are on the south eastern shore, One is on the north eastern shore, and one is on the mid western shore. Doesn’t look like there is much tech in the area, I can barely make out some ruins on the northern tip of the island. As far as I can tell, it doesn't look like much, some farmland near the villages, if I’m seeing it right, and that’s about it.” Jessie says to the invisible Rufus. Rufus after a bit of looking confirms what she’s said with his own two eyes. To Rufus’s eyes, the island isn’t particularly big, maybe twenty miles or so long, and ten or so miles wide, he can also see the rain clouds seem to be centralized around the mountain for the most part.
Rufus smiles and nods at the flying Valkyrie. "Thank you, my friend. Sounds like the two villages on the southeast coast are where we should head first, but my money's on those ruins to the north being our ultimate destination. A floating city's going to likely have some technological elements, and if there's any tech of significance on this island it's likely to be in some underground levels there." He shrugs. "Or I'm totally wrong and we won't get ever get to visit those ruins at all. It'll be one or the other, and I guess we'll eventually find out..." he adds with a chuckle. "Either way, I think we've seen enough to figure out a rough plan -- let's go tell the others."

He cancels his invisibility and flies down to the impromptu shelter where the others are waiting and recaps his/Jessie's findings to the group.
Jason Long wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:43 am"That's where we'll meet up. Those that fly, try to keep an eye on those of us on the ground. "
Alright, you big baby, have it your way. Rufus tries to stifle a chuckle -- and almost succeeds -- as he thinks back to when he cast a flight spell on Jason. Although he tried his best not to let it show (to his credit), the tank driving human was clearly not keen on the experience. "Understood. Do try hard not to fall -- or if you do, try even harder to aim for something soft-looking." He looks around to make sure everyone's out of the shelters before he dismisses them and sees the Russian hearth spirit. "Vlad -- care for a lift? Or can you fly too?" Once everyone's out he cancels the shelters and takes up Vlad if he needs it.

Turning around he sees Rory and Dhal prepping for their... 'unorthodox' methods of going down the mountainside. He gives a quizzical look to Jessie and nods in their direction as if to say are you seeing this crap? He glides over to where they're both about to start down. "Uhm... is this a dwarf thing? I mean, 'Frozen Dwarfball Plinko' looks entertaining and all, but I can cast flight spells on you two if you'd rather do this the easy way."

If either one changes their minds and accepts, Rufus will cast a spell on them (25 PPE each)... but either way Rufus stays close as the ground pounders make their way down to the rally point at the shore.
User avatar
Father Josiah Reno
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:28 pm

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Father Josiah Reno »

Perception: 42% 1d100: [61] = 61
JIC: 1d20: [18] = 18
JIC%: 1d100: [18] = 18

Josiah secures his belongings and makes his way to the slope to begin the climb.
Jason Long wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:43 am He points out a rally point at the bottom. "That's where we'll meet up. Those that fly, try to keep an eye on those of us on the ground. "


Josiah looks towards where Jason is pointing. "God willing, I'll see you all down there." He gives them a knowing wink and starts his way down. As he is oft to do, he sings a little tune to occupy him as he descends the mountain.

Climbing - 90% 1d100: [37] = 37
Sense of Balance 80% 1d100: [85] = 85
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Teres Barton »

Rory wrote:Rory sighs as she looks at Teres.

"Don't look like I'll have time ta build a glider."
"Too bad it looks like you can use one." she answers looking down the cliff.
Rufus wrote: "Uhm... is this a dwarf thing? I mean, 'Frozen Dwarfball Plinko' looks entertaining and all, but I can cast flight spells on you two if you'd rather do this the easy way."
"It would explain why they like digging in the earth and probably Pinball. Think we could convince them to be shot out of cannons too? Think of the Pay per view credits we could get from it." Teres asks Rufus with a grin before closing her helmet.
I've got a job, I explore, I follow every little whiff
And I want my life to smell like this
To find a place, an ancient race
The kind you'd like to gamble with


Image

Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 73/88
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with overcoat
Legs: +12 with overcoat
Main Body: +28 with overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Each holds 12 arrows
• Left Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
• Right Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
Quiver x2:
each Holds 24 Arrows.
• 4 Smoke Arrows
• 4 IR Flare Arrows
• 12 MD Arrows
• 4 Neural Disrupter Arrows
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1644
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Consumer »

Road to Redemption: A play in three parts, part two, Act One.
Time and Weather wrote:Location: Enganno Island, Indian Ocean
Date: April 18, 111 PA, 7:35 AM (1 hour has passed)
Weather: High 93°, Low 75°; Raining
Map
Mission Notes
Jason Long: Land Navigation (Keeping oriented on the way down): Easy enough, with only one direction to generally go, it’s easy to end up closer to the coast.
Leo Milton: No skills used.
Rufus: No skills used.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge: No skills used.
Jessie the Valkyrie: No skills used.
Travis Murdoc: No skills used.
Teres Barton: No skills used.
Father Josiah Reno: No skills used.

Rufus wrote:"Thank you, my friend. Sounds like the two villages on the southeast coast are where we should head first, but my money's on those ruins to the north being our ultimate destination. A floating city's going to likely have some technological elements, and if there's any tech of significance on this island it's likely to be in some underground levels there." He shrugs. "Or I'm totally wrong and we won't get ever get to visit those ruins at all. It'll be one or the other, and I guess we'll eventually find out..." he adds with a chuckle. "Either way, I think we've seen enough to figure out a rough plan -- let's go tell the others."
Jessie nods. ”I’ve heard the Lemurians are more like the Atlanteans, so magic heavy… or at least that’s the skutt I’ve heard back home. I do wonder what they mean by floating city, like float on water or float in air?” Jessie says. ”As for those ruins, I have a feeling we’ll see them soon enough.” Jessie says before floating back down to the group.

Rufus gives the spiel on what they saw, and proceeds to cancel the shelters.
Rufus wrote:"Vlad -- care for a lift? Or can you fly too?"
Vlad looks up at Rufus. ”Oh I can fly, well one of the forms I can take can.” Vlad says as the small hairy humanoid shifts into the form of a black raven. ”Convenient for getting hard to reach spots for cleaning.” Vlad says as he takes off and begins to circle the mountain top.

Teres makes some commentary on the area, and some further commentary about heading down. After a few long moments, she asks Jessie to fly her down. Jessie looks to Dhaltuun, who seems intent on some manner of stunt, so the Valkyrie shrugs. ”I guess I could.” Jessie says, grabbing Teres unflatteringly under the armpits and hoisting her off the ground.

Dhaltuun casts a series of spells, one to make himself strong, one to protect himself and then proceeds to cast ice down the mountainside. It doesn’t go very far, and really only covers just shy of about fifty feet. Not deterred, the Nhur dwarf leaps down the now super slick surface, trying to use his grappling hook to steer. This doesn’t go remotely as planned as Dhaltuun finds himself spinning wildly and careening off of trees and rock outcroppings. The scene almost looks like something out of a comedy film. By the end of his fall, Dhaltunn has seen his Armor of Ithan shatter and has taken numerous blows. Luckily he is relatively unscathed, if a little punch drunk.
Rufus wrote:"Uhm... is this a dwarf thing? I mean, 'Frozen Dwarfball Plinko' looks entertaining and all, but I can cast flight spells on you two if you'd rather do this the easy way."
Rory watches the scene unfold and makes a comment about likely following suit. Surprisingly, she doesn’t fall nearly as bad, and is able to catch herself several times when she inevitably falls every so often. Her Armor takes the brunt of the damage, but she feels bruises forming on her shins and forearms.

Jason contemplates why anyone would want to fly, and why a flying whale couldn’t have landed on the beach, before attempting the climb himself, and while he is not used to this particular activity, he does manage to get down unscathed. Father Reno, follows the Templar leader, also finding the numerous handholds useful in his climb down,

Rufus makes his way down to the area the group intends to regroup at, He’s met by Jessie who now has Teres by her belt, and Dhaltuun, by an ankle. She sets them down gently and crouches next to Dhaltuun. ”Why?” The Valkyrie asks. Vlad lands nearby and turns into his natural form. Leo, Murdoc, Rory, Josiah, and Jason, make it down at close to the one hour mark.

By Jason’s estimate, they are still about eight miles from the shore. The terrain is similar to the mountain top, though the ground is more soil than rock, and the trees are a bit taller, but the fauna is nearly identical, trees, ground brush, and a few other species mixed in.

Jason Long:
Leo Milton:
Rufus: P.P.E.: 238/303; Ring of Invisibility (2 of 3 charges remaining/24hr)
Dhaltuun Onyxforge: 128/163 P.P.E., AOI Shattered, Armor (Main Body): -4 M.D.C., Punch Drunk: -2 to all combat rolls, and -10% to all skills.
Jessie the Valkyrie:
Rory: -7 S.D.C.
Travis Murdoc:
Violator SAMAS:
Teres Barton: I.S.P.: 73/88
Father Josiah Reno:


What are your intentions?
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Leo
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 162
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Leo »

Perception: 37% 1d100: [82] = 82

JIC: 1d20: [1] = 1
JIC: 1d100: [73] = 73

Conditions: Babble Fish translator

Leo spends a week in Mack's stronghold workshop/laboratory. The process is excrutiating, and he drifts in and out of consciousness. The initial surgery to remove his harness and bio-computer is the least of the process, and Mack gives him treatments to reduce the pangs of withdrawal from the juicer drug cocktail he'd been on a steady diet of for three-plus years. Still, he is wracked with pain, and can barely breathe under the weight of his own massive body, now too big for his diminished strength to accommodate. Mack places a breathing tube in his throat, and numerous intravenous injections provide steady driops of chemicals Leo can only, in his semi-conscous state, guess at. Sustenance, probably. Something to dull the senses - a sedative? Probably. But there's something else.

In a few fits of temporary wakefulness, mind clouded by pain and wracked by the pangs of withdrawal, Leo experiences some strange procedures he cannot explain. An injection, here, that courses through his body like a river of ice. A beam of white-hot light, there, that causes his flesh to bubble and surge. Numerous metal prongs, arcing with electricity or some other energy, zapping his major muscle groups as if in a predetermined dance, the energy arcing through him like a splugorth whip until it causes him to lose consciousness again.

The process seems eternal, until one day, suddenly, it ends. Mack rouses him, tells him to get dressed - it is time to return. Leo is assured by Mack that there are no further lingering effects from the juicer detox, and that the changes he has undergone will return him to near his previous functionality. And with that, almost perfunctorily, he is returned to his family home.

Leo greets the family, and is glad to see Zeek has returned.
Zeek wrote:"Leo, you look good. Sorry I wasn’t around to help.”
Leo returns the hug - gently, as he is accustomed to having bone-breaking strength - and says "Don't worry about it. As long as there's Miltons - or Templar - around we can get the job done. And now I'm fixed up, hopefully I won't be able to come home from time to time and visit."

As the Templar gather to get instructions from Mack, Leo sees a new member in Father Josiah. He stands, head bowed respectfully, as the man prays - though Leo has never had much use for religion. Afterward, he introduces himself.

He stretches out a massive hand for a handshake. White haired and bearing scars, the former Titan Juicer still looms over most. He smiles. "Name's Leo. Glad to meet ya. Welcome to the Templar."

Leo takes a moment to place the squirming translator fish in his ear, suppressing a gag, and listens as Jason asks for more detail, picking up what detail he can.

So, we're to meet a Lemurian scientist named Kiri-Kiri. He pauses to see if he knows anything of the Lemurians from his time as a Splugorth slave.

Lore: D-Bee 45% 1d100: [88] = 88 (Lemurians)

After they talk, Leo watches with interest as Mack summons the sky whale, and, with some trepidation, enters the beast's mouth. Didn't I hear a story like this when I was a kid? Something about being eaten by a whale?

Leo makes the trip largely in silence, feeling not unlike waiting in the slave pits at the gladiator arena - another dark, damp place with unknown dangers nearby. He tries not to let the thoguhts get to him, however. He realizes that he would have been tearing his hair out as a juicer at being stuck in one place for so long - he'd always felt jittery, and needed to move, to work, to be active, but now he is content to sit in place, rest, even sleep - though he is nowhere near as bone-tired as he'd been before Mack's efforts.

As the whale's mouth opens and the adhesive releases them, he stands, hefts his hammer, and strides out onto the island. As teres immediately gets to work being an indispensible wilderness guide, Leo is thankful that the Templar picked her up. My own skills in that area are mediocre at best. He chuckles, thinking about the failures in the Dinosaur jungle that left him all to often covered in mud or fighting for his life.
Father Josiah wrote:"Then the Lord commanded the fish to vomit Jonah upon dry land."
"JONAH! HA! I was trying to remember that story! He was the puppet guy, right?"

As the team try to decide how best to proceed, Leo notes, "I got my jetpack - if you want I can take a circuit of the valley and look for structures or roads. Otherwise, I learned as a kid when you're lost, go downhill 'till you find water, then go downstream 'till you find people. Don't think it works 100% of the time, but if nothing else, it's something to do."

Once the team decide on a course of action, Leo joins Murdoc in climbing down out of the mountains. If needed, he notes "I know I have a history of crashing my jetpack, but I did a lot of drills and practice back home, and I bet I'm a better flier than I am a climber at this point." If asked, he will fly people down the mountain, rather than risk the climb, one or two at a time.

Once they reach level ground, Leo gathers with the others.
Leo, Titan Juicer
Theme song: Thunderstruck - AC/DC
OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 570/1070

Titan Plate armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 79/195
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Teres Barton »

Perception: 1d100: [23] = 23 / 54%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [12] = 12 | 1d100: [70] = 70

"That, Jesse, Is what medical experts, scientists, and biologists call a testosterone thing. Men do things like that to prove manhood and impress potential mates. It is why women in most species tend to outlive men incidentally. seems dwarves are not so different." she grins as she responds, "Thanks for the lift, by the way, Jesse. Appreciate the assist." Teres checks gear again and slings her Tesla bow. I really need to find your name. or name you myself. A good weapon needs a name..she thinks as slings the bow.

Hearing leos advice, she nods, "That's pretty close to it. I would add track your water sources. a dead body or a lot of animal fecis in it will make water unsafe to drink. Rivers also have good food sources and animals to hunt around them. I tend to be careful with fish. A fish in unsafe water is as likely to be contaminated as the water." she smiles then realizes her helmet visor was down and lifts it looking for smoke and other signs of people.
I've got a job, I explore, I follow every little whiff
And I want my life to smell like this
To find a place, an ancient race
The kind you'd like to gamble with


Image

Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 73/88
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with overcoat
Legs: +12 with overcoat
Main Body: +28 with overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Each holds 12 arrows
• Left Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
• Right Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
Quiver x2:
each Holds 24 Arrows.
• 4 Smoke Arrows
• 4 IR Flare Arrows
• 12 MD Arrows
• 4 Neural Disrupter Arrows
Post Reply

Return to “Templar Adventure Forum”