Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

If supernatural evil feels persecuted, you can bet the Templar are responsible.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 357
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Templar (PC)

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Murdoc »

Percep 83%: 1d100: [86] = 86
JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9 1d100: [12] = 12

Conditions:
Sustain 7/8 days
Tiny symbiotic fish that translates language
  • Effect: Automatically translates any language to one the host understands.
  • Will attempt to translate responses at 50% chance.
  • Lifespan: 6 months
  • Notes: Created by a Genesplicer, no side effects

Roll 50%: 1d100: [47] = 47

Prowl 120%= 1d100: [87] = 87

Murdoc freezes when the frogman calls out to Teres. Okay, she's spotted. Two options now, charge in or wait and see what happens. But the fact that they said prisoners and surrender, kinda means that they aren't up to anything good. He starts to slowly put some distance between himself and Teres.

When Jason's radio message comes in, he freezes again, all the while looking to see if he can spot the prisoners that the frogman spoke about. Clicking his mic open on the team comms he says, "Roger that." Then he grins big to himself as he plucks a fear grenade off his harness and chucks it at the largest grouping of the frogmen that are in range (200').

Then he waits to see what happens and/or for the rest of the team to close in.

If he is spotted, Murdoc will immediately engage the frogmen. He aims the NE-97 at the closest frogman and sees what kind of damage the laser rifle will do to the DB's armor. He stays behind as much of the forest cover as he can, not wanting to find out the hard way what those rifles the frogmen are carrying can do.


Init: 1d20+10: [12]+10 = 22
Actions: 9
1-2. move away from Teres
3. Throw fear grenade: AOE: 20' Strike: 1d20+1: [7]+1 = 8
4. wait
5. wait or pulse burst Strike: 1d20+5: [19]+5 = 24 Dmg: 6d6+6: [5, 2, 4, 1, 6, 3]+6 = 27
6. wait or pulse burst Strike: 1d20+5: [10]+5 = 15 Dmg: 6d6+6: [4, 2, 2, 2, 5, 5]+6 = 26
7. wait or pulse burst Strike: 1d20+5: [4]+5 = 9 Dmg: 6d6+6: [3, 3, 4, 2, 4, 1]+6 = 23
8. wait or pulse burst Strike: 1d20+5: [17]+5 = 22 Dmg: 6d6+6: [5, 5, 6, 2, 6, 2]+6 = 32
9. wait or pulse burst Strike: 1d20+5: [2]+5 = 7 Dmg: 6d6+6: [5, 1, 2, 1, 2, 2]+6 = 19

As needed, Dodge +13/ Parry +11: 1d20: [18] = 18 , 1d20: [18] = 18 , 1d20: [2] = 2 , 1d20: [1] = 1 , 1d20: [11] = 11 , 1d20: [4] = 4 , 1d20: [11] = 11 , 1d20: [18] = 18 , 1d20: [2] = 2
Last edited by Murdoc on Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Travis Murdoc

OOC Comments
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Teres Barton »

Perception: 1d100: [82] = 82 / 54%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [8] = 8 | 1d100: [45] = 45


Skills:
Radio Basic: 1d100: [52] = 52 / 50%
Prowl: 1d100: [14] = 14 / 35%

"I see the six as well, and plenty of cover for others especially up high or behind structures. Recommend we pull back a bit and get them in range of allies and a crossfire. Birds' eye view should confirm if prisoners are still alive. Dhal, what's our bird see? Confirm at least a 6-man...er six-Amphibian party. Seems too small a group to raid unless they are that tough. Birds-Eye see anything more, Dhal?" as she starts backward crouched carefully to avoid twigs, rocks, and other noisy objects. she asks as she crouches and falls back as quietly as possible to the team and hopefully avoid being spotted. She was more concerned about what they did with the prisoners. Slaves, food, and implanting to breed among other terrible fates. Should her prowl fail she will move at a fast walking (or run if needed)pace to avoid making noise in a path to lead any pursuit into a crossfire of Murdoc and Jason.
Combat:
APM: 5
Initiative: 1d20: [18] = 18
Conditions: Bow critical hit on n19
1: Crouch/prowl (moving back and to cover)
2: just move back or if attacked while moving move faster in the direction to set pursuers in a crossfire.
3: just move back or if attacked while moving move faster in the direction to set pursuers in a crossfire.
4: Take cover
5: Switch to Tesla bow

Dodge: (if needed)
1: 1d20+2: [6]+2 = 8
2: 1d20+2: [2]+2 = 4
3: 1d20+2: [2]+2 = 4
4: 1d20+2: [15]+2 = 17
5: 1d20+2: [1]+2 = 3
Parry:(if needed)
1: 1d20+2: [13]+2 = 15
2: 1d20+2: [8]+2 = 10
3: 1d20+2: [4]+2 = 6
4: 1d20+2: [9]+2 = 11
5: 1d20+2: [3]+2 = 5
I've got a job, I explore, I follow every little whiff
And I want my life to smell like this
To find a place, an ancient race
The kind you'd like to gamble with


Image

Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 68/88
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with overcoat
Legs: +12 with overcoat
Main Body: +28 with overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Each holds 12 arrows
• Left Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
• Right Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
Quiver x2:
each Holds 24 Arrows.
• 4 Smoke Arrows
• 4 IR Flare Arrows
• 12 MD Arrows
• 4 Neural Disrupter Arrows
User avatar
Rory
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:35 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Rory »

Perception: d100: 1d100: [36] = 36 / 21%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: 1d20: [6] = 6 | 1d100: 1d100: [71] = 71

Initiative: 1d20+3: [9]+3 = 12

Rory swings her Nuhr rune musket up to point it at the enemy. Her lack of height is making this somewhat more difficult.

"Hah! Literal frogmen. One in the eye fer the scuba-posers back home."

She keeps peering at the enemy as she talks quietly to Dhaltuun.

"If there's anythin ye'll be wantin' me ta do, let me know. Otherwise, I'll be pointin' me firestick at the enemy an' hoping nobody's feeling lucky."

She slows her breathing, focusing on control.

"Finger on the trigger but don't shoot first. Maybe this won't turn into a shooting match. Ah hell, who am I kidding? It's going to be a shooting match, sure as Hel. Still, does't mean I should be the one ta start it."

She holds her action, waiting for the enemy to shoot first.
Her actions:
1 action reserved
Actions 2-3: Aimed shot 1d20: [5] = 5
Actions 4-5: Aimed shot 1d20: [19] = 19


Rory.
Status
-Current Hit Points: 42/42
-Current SDC: 18/25
-Current PPE: 151/151

Armor: High Magus armor
Helmet: 45
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 30 each
Main Body: 50

Weapons:
Slung over back: Nuhr rune musket rifle
Range: 1,600'
Damage: 6D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 50 blasts
Weight: 8.5 lbs.
Features: Costs 40 P.P.E. to reload
Modifiers: P.S. <26: -3 to strike

Utility belt: Vibro-axe
Range: Close Combat
Damage: 2D6 M.D.
Payload: 1 E-Clip will last approximately 1 hour
Weight: 4 lbs
OOC Comments
User avatar
Father Josiah Reno
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:28 pm

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Father Josiah Reno »

Perception: 42% 1d100: [94] = 94
JIC: 1d20: [6] = 6
JIC%: 1d100: [60] = 60

Initiative: 1d20: [19] = 19
Jason Long wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:20 am "We've got 6 potential hostiles who have an unknown number of prisoners. Fan out an see if we can draw them in. Teres, fall back a bit if you can to help us engage them. "
Game time. Josiah begins to pray as he fires at any enemy who comes within range. "Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me."

Action 1-2: Aimed Shot with Energy Pistol 1D20+5 1d20+5: [1]+5 = 6 Damage: 3d6: [1, 1, 6] = 8
Action 3-4: Aimed Shot with Energy Pistol 1D20+5 1d20+5: [7]+5 = 12 Damage: 3d6: [2, 4, 1] = 7
Action 5-6: Aimed Shot with Energy Pistol 1D20+5 1d20+5: [1]+5 = 6 Damage: 3d6: [1, 3, 6] = 10
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1706
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Consumer »

Road to Redemption: A play in three parts, Part Three, Act One.
Time and Weather wrote:Location: Enganno Island, Indian Ocean
Date: April 19, 111 PA, 12:35 PM (15 seconds have passed)
Weather: High 93°, Low 75°; Clear
Map
Mission Notes
Jason Long: No skills used.
Leo Milton: No skills used.
Rufus: No skills used.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge: No skills used.
Travis Murdoc: No skills used.
Teres Barton: No skills used.
Rory: No skills used.
Father Josiah Reno: No skills used.
Murdoc: move away from Teres
Josiah: Move towards Combat (40’)
Teres: Crouch/prowl (moving back and to cover)
Nau’Tyl (1): Move Forward, fire on Teres with Particle Wave Rifle. (Strike: 17; Damage: 27 M.D.) (Dodge Attempt: 8; Fail)
Nau’Tyl (2): Move Forward, fire on Teres with Particle Wave Rifle. (Strike: 18; Damage: 22 M.D.) (Dodge Attempt: 8; Fail)
Nau’Tyl (3): Move forward, actively search for other targets. (Perception: 02%/39%; Spots Jason)
Nau’Tyl (4): Move forward, actively search for other targets. (Perception: 27%/39%; Spots no one.)
Nau’Tyl (5): Move back to cover.
Nau’Tyl (6): Move back to cover.
Rory: Move towards Combat (30’)
Jason: Move to cover.
Jessie: Flies to get an advantageous attack.


Murdoc sees the writing on the wall, this situation is about to get violent, so he decides to move away from Teres a bit to allow some tactical movement if needed. Father Reno, wanting to help, begins speaking a prayer, but finds the act of intoning the lord’s work and running difficult, so it comes out a bit odd. Teres crouches and begins moving backwards, trying to radio the team, but she seems to have forgotten to hit the send button. The Nau’tyl seeing Teres not complying with their order react in typical thuggish fashion by firing at her, Teres attempt at evasion is poor and she is hit twice, destroying her overcoat in the fusilade. Two of the six Nau’Tyl begin moving forward and actively seem to be looking for targets, one seems to have spotted Jason. The other Two Nau’Tyl move back and use the ruins of a wall for cover. Rory, wanting to also help, begins running forward. Jason moves behind a largish rock that may have once been a concrete bench. Jessie flies invisibly over the team, moving towards the farther away Nau’Tyl. Leo, Dhaltuun, and Rufus begin moving forward as well at varying speeds.

Murdoc: move away from Teres
Josiah: Move towards Combat (40’)
Teres: just move back or if attacked while moving move faster in the direction to set pursuers in a crossfire.
Nau’Tyl (1): Move towards cover, fire on Teres with Particle Wave Rifle. (Strike: 11; Damage: 20 M.D.) (Dodge Attempt: 4; Fail)
Nau’Tyl (2): Move towards cover, fire on Teres with Particle Wave Rifle. (Strike: 5; Miss)
Nau’Tyl (3): Radio Team.
Nau’Tyl (4): Continue Active Search. (Perception: 53%/39%; No Change)
Nau’Tyl (5): Search for Target. (Perception: 34%/39%; Jason spotted due to information radioed)
Nau’Tyl (6): Search for Target. (Perception: 35%/39%; Jason spotted due to information radioed)
Rory: Move towards Combat (30’)
Jason: Draw pistol and activate targeting system.
Jessie: Lands behing Nau’Tyll(6).


Murdoc continues to move away, While Josiah charges forward through the thick jungle. Teres not having much option, begins running away from the Nau’Tyl. Two of the Nau’Tyl fire on Teres while moving towasds a low pile of rubble, but only one scores a hit. The third one who noticed Jason, radioes his team it seems, as the rest begin actively looking for Jason, two seem to also find his location. Rory continues moving through the neck high ferns, while Jason draws his pistol and activates his targeting system. Jessie drops in behind one of the Nau’Tyl, while Leo, Rufus, and Dhaltuun continue running forward.

Murdoc: Throw fear grenade. (AOE: 20' (Strike: 8))
Josiah: Move towards Combat (40’)
Teres: just move back or if attacked while moving move faster in the direction to set pursuers in a crossfire.
Nau’Tyl (1): Get to cover, fire on Teres with Particle Wave Rifle. (Strike: 5; Miss) (Save vs Horror Factor: 18)
Nau’Tyl (2): Move from Area of Fear. (Save vs Horror Factor: 8)
Nau’Tyl (3): Fire on Jason with Particle Wave Rifle. (Strike: 11; Damage: 11 M.D.)
Nau’Tyl (4): Fire on Jason with Particle Wave Rifle. (Strike: 16; Damage: 18 M.D.)
Nau’Tyl (5): Fire on Murdoc with Particle Wave Rifle. (Strike: 5; Miss)
Nau’Tyl (6): Fire on Murdoc with Particle Wave Rifle. (Strike: 5; Miss)
Rory: Move towards Combat (30’)
Jason: Radio team.
Jessie: Stabs Nau’Tyl(6). (Strike: 15; Damage: 16 M.D.)


Murdoc joins the fight by throwing a grenade into the two Nau’Tyl attacking Teres, the aura of fear having mixed results. Josiah continues moving forward, the sounds of active combat urging him forward. Teres continues to run, while trying to be evasive. One of the two Nau’tyl gets behind the rubble, and seems unbothered by the fear, while the other freaks and runs in the opposite direction. Two of the aquatic creatures fire on Jason, who takes the blasts on his heavy armor. The other two fire on Murdoc, but his defensive moves are something of awe to behold. Rory moves forward, while Jason radios the team. "We've got 6 potential hostiles who have an unknown number of prisoners. Fan out an see if we can draw them in. Teres, fall back a bit if you can to help us engage them." Jessie swings her enchanted longsword at the unsuspecting creature, scoring a hit on it’s shell-like armor. The rest of the team continues running forward.

Murdoc: wait
Josiah: Move towards Combat (40’)
Teres: Lost to Dodge.
Nau’Tyl (1): Fire on Murdoc with Particle Wave Rifle. (Strike: 20; Damage: 26 M.D.) (Dodge Attempt: 31; Dodged)
Nau’Tyl (2): Fire on Jason with Particle Wave Rifle. (Strike: 4; Miss)
Nau’Tyl (3): Fire on Jason with Particle Wave Rifle. (Strike: 20; Damage: 22 M.D.)
Nau’Tyl (4): Fire on Jason with Particle Wave Rifle. (Strike: 4; Miss)
Nau’Tyl (5): Fire on Murdoc with Particle Wave Rifle. (Strike: 16; Damage: 22 M.D.) (Dodge Attempt: 31; Dodged)
Nau’Tyl (6): Fire on Jessie with Particle Wave Rifle. (Strike: 17; Damage: 19 M.D.) (Parry Attempt: 19, Parried)
Rory: Move towards Combat (30’)
Jason: Aim at creature or fire if conditions met. (Strike: 14; Damage: 23 M.D.)
Jessie: Stabs Nau’Tyl(6). (Strike: 25; Damage: 12 M.D.) (Parry Attempt: Nat 20, Parried)


Murdoc takes a break after his sick grenade throw and dodging. Josiah gets nearer, while Murdoc again, once more dodges the shots of two of the Nau’Tyl firing at him. Jason takes another hit, and Jessie smacks the Nau’Tyl’s rifle out of line of shooting her. Rory keeps running as fast as her shorter legs will let her. Jason, obviously tired of being shot at, fires back, scoring a decent hit on the creature’s armor. Jessie begins slashing at the Nau’Tyl, but it expertly parries the blow with it’s gun, yelling in triumph. The trio of lurkers continue to move closer.

Murdoc: wait or pulse burst. (Strike: 24; Damage: 27 M.D.)
Josiah: Move towards Combat (40’)
Teres: Lost to Dodge.
Nau’Tyl (1): Fire on Jason with Particle Wave Rifle. (Strike: 10; Damage: 18 M.D.)
Nau’Tyl (2): Lost due to Horror Factor.
Nau’Tyl (3): Fire on Jason with Particle Wave Rifle. (Strike: 11; Damage: 19 M.D.)
Nau’Tyl (4): Fire on Murdoc with Particle Wave Rifle. (Strike: Nat 1; Miss, Gun Malfunction.)
Nau’Tyl (5): Fire on Murdoc with Particle Wave Rifle. (Strike: 17; Damage: 16 M.D.) (Dodge Attempt: 31; Dodged)
Nau’Tyl (6): Fire on Jessie with Particle Wave Rifle. (Strike: 18; Damage: 17 M.D.) (Parry Attempt: 16; Failed)
Rory: Move towards Combat (30’)
Jason: continue to aim, or fire if conditions met (Strike: 18; Damage: 24 M.D.)
Jessie: Stabs Nau’Tyl(6). (Strike: 13; Damage: 17 M.D.) (Parry Attempt: 13, Parried)


Murdoc, fires his gun on pulse burst, and catches his target easily. Josiah keeps running forward. The Nau’Tyl fire at Jason, Murdoc, and Jessie, Teres seemingly forgotten as a non-threat. Jason takes two more hits, One of the Nau’Tyl’s guns seems to go haywire and fails, and the last shoots Jessie point blank. Rory continues running, Jason scores another hit on his target, and Jessie is once again embarrassingly parried by the D-bee, some Norse goddess she is it seems.

Murdoc: wait or pulse burst (Strike: 15; Damage: 26 M.D.)
Josiah: Move towards Combat (40’)
Jason: continue to aim or fire if conditions met (Strike: 13; Damage: 13 M.D.)
Jessie: Stabs Nau’Tyl(6). (Strike: 22; Damage: 15 M.D.) (Parry Attempt: 13, Fail)


Murdoc fires again, scoring a hit, Josiah gets ever closer, while Jason scores another hit on his target. Jessie finally gets past this D-bee weapons master’s perfect defense, scoring another slash across his armor.

Murdoc: wait or pulse burst (Strike: 9; Damage: 23 M.D.)
Murdoc: Lost to Dodge.
Murdoc: Lost to Dodge.


Murdoc gets another shot in, and scores a hit. As far as those involved can tell, the Templar have taken the worse of the exchange, but with the others approaching it might turn the tide.

What are your intentions?
Combat posts

In relation to the Nau’Tyl; Teres is 157’ away, Murdoc is 140’ away, Jason is 130’, Rufus is 320’ away. Josiah and Leo are 360’ away, Rory is 450’ away, Dhaltuun is 495’ away.
At 300’ away the trees break enough to see the action.


GM Notes: Rufus in Tracker till 11/14, Leo is in Tracker till 12/1, Dhaltuun is in Tracker till 11/4

Jason Long: KLS Triarius Heavy Armor 134/200 M.D.C., Shoulder Shield 252/300 M.D.C., Sustain 7/8 days.
Leo Milton: Sustain 7/8 days.
Rufus: P.P.E.: 241/303; Ring of Invisibility (3/3 charges remaining/24hr), -8 Meal Bars, Sustain 7/8 days.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge: 163/163 P.P.E.; Armored M.D.C. Combat Long Coat: 32/36 M.D.C., Sustain 7/8 days.
Jessie the Valkyrie: Magic Chain Mail: 83/100 M.D.C., Sustain 7/8 days.
Rory: P.P.E.: 151/151; Sustain 7/8 days.
Travis Murdoc: Sustain 7/8 days.
Teres Barton: Branaghan Overcoat: Destroyed, Wrangler Riding Armor (Main Body): 44/85 M.D.C., I.S.P.: 66/88, Sustain 7/8 days.
Father Josiah Reno: Sustain 7/8 days.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 357
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Templar (PC)

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Murdoc »

Percep 83%: 1d100: [43] = 43
JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2 1d100: [93] = 93

Conditions:
Sustain 7/8 days
Tiny symbiotic fish that translates language
  • Effect: Automatically translates any language to one the host understands.
  • Will attempt to translate responses at 50% chance.
  • Lifespan: 6 months
  • Notes: Created by a Genesplicer, no side effects

Roll 50%: 1d100: [7] = 7

NE-97 Triple Threat Laser Rifle: Payload: 21/18 shots per E-Clip

Murdoc keeps his distance as he continues to engage the frogmen. These guys have some tough armor, best concentrate my fire. He keeps his rifle fire focused on the closest enemy, firing burst after burst. If one falls, he will shift his focus to the next closest enemy. Keeping his movements as professional as possible, Gotta show these youngsters what a real merc looks like. As he fires off shots, he calls out over the team frequency, "Any time now." he squeezes the trigger again, "We could use a little help." He squeezes the trigger again and again, willing the frogmen to die.

Init: 1d20+10: [4]+10 = 14
Actions: 9
1. pulse burst Strike: 1d20+5: [13]+5 = 18 Dmg: 6d6+6: [4, 4, 3, 5, 4, 6]+6 = 32
2. pulse burst Strike: 1d20+5: [7]+5 = 12 Dmg: 6d6+6: [2, 4, 5, 3, 5, 6]+6 = 31
3. pulse burst Strike: 1d20+5: [15]+5 = 20 Dmg: 6d6+6: [2, 1, 6, 5, 5, 3]+6 = 28
4. pulse burst Strike: 1d20+5: [7]+5 = 12 Dmg: 6d6+6: [3, 2, 5, 4, 6, 2]+6 = 28
5. pulse burst Strike: 1d20+5: [9]+5 = 14 Dmg: 6d6+6: [1, 3, 6, 6, 6, 3]+6 = 31
6. pulse burst Strike: 1d20+5: [14]+5 = 19 Dmg: 6d6+6: [3, 3, 1, 5, 4, 5]+6 = 27
7. pulse burst Strike: 1d20+5: [7]+5 = 12 Dmg: 6d6+6: [4, 2, 4, 6, 2, 1]+6 = 25
8. pulse burst Strike: 1d20+5: [15]+5 = 20 Dmg: 6d6+6: [4, 5, 6, 3, 6, 5]+6 = 35
9. pulse burst Strike: 1d20+5: [18]+5 = 23 Dmg: 6d6+6: [3, 6, 4, 6, 1, 3]+6 = 29

As needed, Dodge +13/ Parry +11: 1d20: [4] = 4 , 1d20: [10] = 10 , 1d20: [8] = 8 , 1d20: [20] = 20 , 1d20: [6] = 6 , 1d20: [13] = 13 , 1d20: [14] = 14 , 1d20: [20] = 20 , 1d20: [15] = 15
Travis Murdoc

OOC Comments
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Father Josiah Reno
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:28 pm

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Father Josiah Reno »

Perception: 42% 1d100: [84] = 84
JIC: 1d20: [7] = 7
JIC%: 1d100: [5] = 5

Initiative: 1d20: [13] = 13

Josiah continues you make his way towards the fight. Once within range he opens fire, aiming at the closest enemy.

Action 1: Run
Action 2: Run
Action 3-4: Aimed Shot with Energy Pistol 1d20+5: [3]+5 = 8 Damage: 3d6: [5, 6, 1] = 12
Action 5-6: Aimed Shot with Energy Pistol 1d20+5: [5]+5 = 10 Damage: 3d6: [2, 5, 1] = 8
User avatar
Rory
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:35 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Rory »

Perception: d100: 1d100: [67] = 67 / 21%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: 1d20: [16] = 16 | 1d100: 1d100: [75] = 75
Conditions: Invincible Armor spell (12 minutes remaining)

Initiative: 1d20+3: [1]+3 = 4

Actions 1:&2: Cast Invincible Armor spell (30 PPE)
Action 3: Start moving toward the enemy again, ready to dodge (Dodge roll if needed: 1d20+2: [14]+2 = 16 )
Action 4: Continue movement, ready to dodge (Dodge roll if needed: 1d20+2: [20]+2 = 22 )
Action 5: Continue movement, ready to dodge (Dodge roll if needed: 1d20+2: [16]+2 = 18 )

In the unlikely event of encountering an enemy on the way, if she has 2 actions available, she'll take an aimed shot (Attack roll if needed: 1d20: [1] = 1 )


As the shots start, Rory belatedly remembers her relative paucity of protection.

"I think I'll be needin' somethin' a bit tougher than this."

She stops just short of a clump of undergrowth. The spikes look uncomfortable enough that she was considering going around it anyway. It looks like a good place to stop out of sight and cast a defensive spell. She casts Invincible Armor on herself, then resumes her movement toward the enemy, this time even less subtly than before. Yes, you heard that right. Less subtly. Charging through the undergrowth counts for her as subtlety. After all, she does go around *some* of the clumps. With Invincible Armor in place, she knows she's way too clumsy to do that, so she shifts her approach to the "barrel through" method.

"An' if any o' them calls me a pint-sized wrecking ball, I'll smash their kneecaps." she mumbles to herself. Well, she thinks she mumbles it to herself, but she's a little louder than she realizes.

She starts building up speed again, her Nuhr rune musket across her chest as she plows through everything in her way, aiming for gaps in the undergrowth where she can but not at the expense of speed.

Rory.
Status
-Current Hit Points: 42/42
-Current SDC: 18/25
-Current PPE: 121/151

Invincible armor (spell effect)
MDC:100 (regenerates 1d6 MDC/melee rnd)
Offers complete environmental protection from heat, cold, disease, pollution, toxic gases, fumes. Independent oxygen supply.
All energy attacks (magic or mundane) inflict only half damage.
-15 to prowl, climb, swim.
Duration: 12 minutes

Armor: High Magus armor
Helmet: 45
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 30 each
Main Body: 50

Weapons:
Slung over back: Nuhr rune musket rifle
Range: 1,600'
Damage: 6D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 50 blasts
Weight: 8.5 lbs.
Features: Costs 40 P.P.E. to reload
Modifiers: P.S. <26: -3 to strike

Utility belt: Vibro-axe
Range: Close Combat
Damage: 2D6 M.D.
Payload: 1 E-Clip will last approximately 1 hour
Weight: 4 lbs
OOC Comments
Last edited by Rory on Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Teres Barton »

Perception: 1d100: [55] = 55 / 54%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [16] = 16 | 1d100: [72] = 72

And giant Frog monsters from the ocean are exactly why I officially will never give this island a good review. Prairie dogs digging up my garden are one thing. We need a to recruit those birds or find some giant animals like snakes, lizards and hedgehogs. They are natural predators to frogs. Hmmm half man, half hedgehog. It would probably dig up half the base it was assigned to in a week. she grins as she thinks and considers her action.

Looking at target and cover she wonders about a second move. This concrete could well be civilian brand concrete and not Military or Industrial. Unless there is something better I am stuck with my new home she thinks. Seeing where Jason and Murdoc were she looks for more stable cover if there is one better than her current pile of rubble and a spot that could keep the Frogs in a crossfire. If there is stabs a smoke arrow into the ground for cover and moves to it. The smoke was not guaranteed to mess with sensors but might draw attention and give Jason and Murdoc an edge.
(if no cover is found)
"Huh, nothing better. Saves on smoke Looks like I am shooting...Best to focus on the ones the other two are hitting." she says to herself as she takes aim and releases.
(if cover is found)
Much better cover she thinks as she settles in again. The psi-druid than takes aim and releases.

The woman considers the enemy kit and they had looked partially organic. Her Tesla bows effects should get through if the armor was a second skin. The bow had better range, but her shooting experience showed that she was better at medium to short range as would be fit one trained in forest. Longer ranges were better with arc to increase range and explosive arrowheads with good Blast radius. Given that was with a compound or traditional, not a Lightening casting artifact found in a strange bunker in the plains. In the past she has struck a target at excess of 1000 feet, by chance with the lightening bow. The psi-Druid notes to upgrade her armors optics to get telescopic and thermal.
Combat actions
APM: 5
Initiative: 1d20: [5] = 5
Conditions: Bow critical hit on n19 or better
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
1: Shoot from cover: 1d20+5: [8]+5 = 13 Damage: 4d6: [4, 4, 4, 3] = 15 (Or if better cover/crossfire position is found Drop a smoke arrow on her spot as distraction and cover)
2: Shoot from cover: 1d20+5: [16]+5 = 21 Damage: 4d6: [1, 1, 1, 4] = 7 (Or if better cover/crossfire position is found move there)
3: Shoot from cover: 1d20+5: [5]+5 = 10 Damage: 4d6: [3, 4, 5, 2] = 14 (Or if better cover/crossfire position is found take cover there)
4: Shoot from cover: 1d20+5: [7]+5 = 12 Damage: 4d6: [6, 6, 2, 3] = 17
5: return to cover:

Dodge: (if needed)
1: 1d20+2: [14]+2 = 16
2: 1d20+2: [15]+2 = 17
3: 1d20+2: [8]+2 = 10
4: 1d20+2: [1]+2 = 3
5: 1d20+2: [12]+2 = 14
Parry:(if needed)
1: 1d20+2: [2]+2 = 4
2: 1d20+2: [16]+2 = 18
3: 1d20+2: [10]+2 = 12
4: 1d20+2: [20]+2 = 22
5: 1d20+2: [20]+2 = 22
I've got a job, I explore, I follow every little whiff
And I want my life to smell like this
To find a place, an ancient race
The kind you'd like to gamble with


Image

Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 68/88
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with overcoat
Legs: +12 with overcoat
Main Body: +28 with overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Each holds 12 arrows
• Left Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
• Right Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
Quiver x2:
each Holds 24 Arrows.
• 4 Smoke Arrows
• 4 IR Flare Arrows
• 12 MD Arrows
• 4 Neural Disrupter Arrows
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 381
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Jason Long »

Perception: 71% / 1d100: [93] = 93
JIC: 1d20: [6] = 6 / 1d100: [28] = 28

Jason twists to keep his shield more squarely between himself and the frog creatures. Damn these things are good shots, we need to stop spreading our fire. Jason switches to firing at Murdoc's target until it goes down, then switching to the next closest. He radios the others, "Concentrate your fire.

Initiative: 1d20+4: [8]+4 = 12
Actions 6:
1: Shoot at Murdoc's target 1d20+4: [8]+4 = 12 To Hit, 5d6: [5, 6, 4, 5, 2] = 22 MD
2: Shoot at Murdoc's target (or next target) 1d20+4: [11]+4 = 15 To Hit, 5d6: [1, 4, 5, 1, 1] = 12 MD
3: Shoot at Murdoc's target (or next target) 1d20+4: [8]+4 = 12 To Hit, 5d6: [3, 6, 4, 3, 6] = 22 MD
4-6: Dodges: 1d20+7: [6]+7 = 13 , 1d20+7: [13]+7 = 20 , 1d20+7: [9]+7 = 16
Jason Long
OOC Comments
HP: 49/21
SDC: 52/52
Triarius Heavy Armor
• Helmet: 100
• Main Body: 200
• Arms: 125 each
• Legs: 150 each
• Arm Shield: 300
Modifiers: -15% to physical skills, +1 to strike with ranged weapons
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1706
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Consumer »

Road to Redemption: A play in three parts, Part Three, Act One.
Time and Weather wrote:Location: Enganno Island, Indian Ocean
Date: April 19, 111 PA, 12:35 PM (15 seconds have passed)
Weather: High 93°, Low 75°; Clear
Map
Mission Notes
Combat Map
Jason Long: No skills used.
Leo Milton: No skills used.
Rufus: No skills used.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge: No skills used.
Travis Murdoc: No skills used.
Teres Barton: No skills used.
Rory: No skills used.
Father Josiah Reno: No skills used.
Nau’Tyl (1): Fire at Teres. (Strike: 7; Damage: 24 M.D.) (Dodged)
Nau’Tyl (4): Fire at Murdoc. (Strike: 17; Damage: 19 M.D.) (Dodged, barely)
Jessie: Attack Nau’Tyl (6) with Sword. (Strike: 14; Damage: 15 M.D.) (Parry Failed)
Nau’Tyl (5): Fire at Jason. (Strike: 8; Damage: 26 M.D.) (Dodged)
Nau’Tyl (2): Fire at Teres. (Strike: 6; Damage: 26) (Dodged)
Travis Murdoc: Pulse burst at Nau’Tyl. (Strike: 18; Damage: 32 M.D.)
Father Josiah Reno: Run
Jason Long: Shoot at Murdoc's target. (Strike: 12; Damage: 22 M.D.) (Dodged)
Leo Milton: Move through the Tree Line.
Nau’Tyl (3): Fire at Murdoc. (Strike: 16; Damage: 19 M.D.) (Dodged)
Nau’Tyl (6): Fire at Jessie. (Strike: 5; Damage: 21 M.D.) (Parried)
Rufus: Move through the Tree Line
Teres Barton: Drop a smoke arrow on her spot as distraction and cover.
Rory: Begin casting Invincible Armor.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge: Run forward.(17.5’/action)


The conflict continues on the ruined ground on the edge of some pre-rifts facility. One of the creatures fires at Teres, but she manages to evade it. Another fires at Murdoc who barely ducks in time, to not get hit. Jessie slashes her enchanted longsword and carves another wound into the creature's armor. Two more creatures fire their particle beams at Teres and Jason, but fail to connect. Murdoc puts some punishment into one of the creatures, almost reducing its armor to rubble. The western priest continues to haul ass towards the conflict, he can see the trees and foliage thinning. Jason finishes off the creature’s armor, causing wounds into its rubbery hide. Leo, busts out of the tree line like a giant of myth. The last two creatures fire at Murdoc and Jessie, Murdoc dodges his while Jessie slaps the gun out of line versus hers. Teres not being in cover and becoming a target again, jams a smoke arrow at the ground by her feet, covering the area in a field of thick gray smoke. Rory slows her run to begin casting a semi-complex spell, while Dhaltuun curses his short legs and continues trundling forward as fast as he can.

Nau’Tyl (1): Curse, Shift other side of cover looking for a better angle.
Nau’Tyl (4): Fire at Murdoc. (Strike: 18; Damage: 27 M.D.) (Dodged)
Jessie: Continue medieval violence on the creature. (Strike: 10; Damage: 12 M.D.) (Parried)
Nau’Tyl (5): Fire at Leo. (Strike: 7; Miss due to range.)
Nau’Tyl (2): Fire blind at Teres. (Strike: -4; Miss)
Travis Murdoc: Fire pulse burst. (Strike: 12; Damage: 31 M.D.)
Father Josiah Reno: Break through the tree line.
Jason Long: Shoot at Murdoc's target. (Strike: 15;Damage: 12 M.D.)
Leo Milton: Fire Rail gun at Nau’Tyl (5). (Strike: 8; Miss due to range)
Nau’Tyl (3): Fire at Leo. (Strike: 20; Damage: 17 M.D.) (Not Dodged)
Nau’Tyl (6): Fire at Jessie. (Strike: 11; Damage: 13 M.D.) (Parried)
Rufus: Break through the tree line.
Teres Barton: Move for cover, draw tesla bow.
Rory: Finish casting Invincible Armor.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge: Run forward (17.5’)


The creature curses and shifts his position from one side of the concrete boulder to the other. Another of the creatures fires at Murdoc, but the former Juicer is too fast for him. Jessie tries to skewer her target, but is parried by the creature. More shots go after Leo and Teres, but neither score hits. Murdoc fires a pulse burst at the creature, more viscous blood pours from its wounds. Father Reno finally breaks through the treeline and sees the carnage before him. Jason takes the opportunity to put down the creature Murdoc just shot, its body hitting the ground in a thud. Leo opens fire, but miscalculates something and misses with the burst. One of the creatures fires back at Leo, who isn’t fast enough to get out of the way. The last creature continues its battle with Jessie, and is denied the ability to shoot her once more. Rufus breaks through the tree line and also sees the conflict. Teres moves to the cover nearby and draws her Tesla bow. Rory finishes her spell, covered in a pearlescent field now. Dhaltuun continues moving forward.

Nau’Tyl (1): Fire at Teres. (Strike: 7; Miss)
Nau’Tyl (4): Fire at Murdoc. (Strike: 16; Damage: 18 M.D.) (Dodged)
Jessie: Stab Nau’Tyl (6). (Strike: 10; Damage: 16 M.D.) (Parried)
Nau’Tyl (5): Fire at Leo. (Strike: 19; Damage: 16 M.D.) (Dodge failed)
Nau’Tyl (2): Dead
Travis Murdoc: Fire pulse burst at Nau’Tyl (3). (Strike: 20; Damage: 28 M.D.)
Father Josiah Reno: Begin aiming at Nau’Tyl (4).
Jason Long: Shoot at Murdoc's target. (Strike: 12; Damage: 22 M.D.)
Leo Milton: Fire at Nau’Tyll (5). (Strike: 5; Miss.)
Nau’Tyl (3): Fire at Murdoc. (Strike: Nat 20; Damage: 40 M.D.) (Unable to dodge)
Nau’Tyl (6): Fire at Jessie. (Strike: 14; Damage: 23 M.D.) (Parried)
Rufus: Cast Armor of Ithan.
Teres Barton: Shoot from cover. (Strike: 10; Miss)
Rory: Run forward.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge: Run forward.


The creature now catches a glimpse at Teres and fires at her, but the rubble pile she’s using for cover takes the hit. Murdoc dodges another stream of charged particles, while Jessie continues to fight one of the creatures to a stand still. Leo catches another hit, his armor begins throwing up integrity warnings. Murdoc scores a good hit on another creature. Father Reno begins aiming at one of the more exposed creatures. Jason follows up Murdoc’s shot, damaging the creature’s armor further. Leo lets loose another burst, but misses rather spectacularly. One of the creatures finally manages to catch the elusive Murdoc with a particularly well aimed shot. Jessie avoids a similar fate using her shield to slap the creature’s gun out of line. Rufus speeds through a well known incantation and is covered in a ghostly knight’s plate. Teres fires her bow, but misses her target. Rory begins running again, and Dhaltuun follows.

Nau’Tyl (1): Fire at Teres. (Strike: 5; Miss due to range)
Nau’Tyl (4): Fire at Father Reno. (Strike: 13; Damage: 19 M.D.)
Jessie: Grab the creature. (Strike: 13) (Not Parried)
Nau’Tyl (5): Fire at Jason. (Strike: 15; Damage: 23 M.D.) (Dodged)
Nau’Tyl (2): Dead
Travis Murdoc: Fire pulse burst at Nau’Tyl (3). (Strike: 12; Damage: 28 M.D.)
Father Josiah Reno: Fire at Nau’Tyl (5). (Strike: 8; Miss)
Jason Long: Lost to dodge.
Leo Milton: Lost to Dodge)
Nau’Tyl (3): Fire at Murdoc. (Strike: 18; Damage: 27 M.D.) (Dodged)
Nau’Tyl (6): Try to get free. (Roll: 26 vs. 40) (Still grabbed)
Rufus: Move to Leo and cast Armor of Ithan.
Teres Barton: Shoot from cover. (Strike: 12; Damage: 17 M.D.) (Save Failed)
Rory: Run forward.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge: Run forward.


The creature fires its Particle rifle at Teres, but misses rather badly. Father Reno is so focused on his target that he is unaware when his armor takes a massive hit. Jessie drops her shield and grabs the creature by the collar of its armor in her superhuman grip. One of the creatures from his cover tires to hit Jason, but he is unable to score a hit. Murdoc hits his target once more. Either being hit, or being a poor shot, Father Reno misses his shot. Another creature tries to hit Murdoc, but is unable to score a hit. The creature in Jessie’s grasp struggles to free itself. Rufus dashes to Leo and casts protective magics on him. Teres manages to hit her target, who does seem phased by it. Rory and Dhaltuun continue moving forward.

Nau’Tyl (4): Fires at Jason. (Strike: 12; Damage: 19 M.D.) (Dodged)
Jessie: Bash creature against cover. (Strike: 13; Damage: 7 M.D.)
Nau’Tyl (5): Fire at Rufus. (Strike: 14; Damage: 25 M.D.) (Dodged)
Nau’Tyl (2): Dead
Travis Murdoc: Fire pulse burst at Nau’Tyl (3). (Strike: 14; Damage: 31 M.D.)
Father Josiah Reno: Aim at Nau’Tyl (5).
Jason Long: Lost to Dodge.
Leo Milton: Lost to Dodge.
Nau’Tyl (3): Fire at Murdoc. (Strike: 7; Miss)
Nau’Tyl (6): Try to escape grasp. (30 vs. 31) (Still trapped)
Rufus: Fire Empress pistol at Nau’Tyl (5). (Strike: 25; Damage: 26 M.D.)
Teres Barton: Lost to Dodge.
Rory: Run forward.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge: Run forward.
Nau’Tyl (1): Lost due to Tesla Effect.


Jason ducks out of the way of some fire, while Jessie angrily bashes the creature she’s holding in her hand against the concrete boulder they’re by. Father Reno tries to aim again at the creature he missed last time. Murdoc sees some more fire his way, but it doesn’t come close. The Creature struggles valiantly to free itself from Jessie’s grip. Rufus snaps a shot at one of the creatures and scores a damn fine hit. The Dwarves continue running forward.

Jessie: Continue to pummel the Nau’Tyl. (Strike: 20; Damage: 8 M.D.)
Travis Murdoc: Lost to Dodge.
Father Josiah Reno: Fire at Nau’Tyl (5). (Strike: 10; Miss)
Jason Long: Lost to Dodge.
Rufus: Fire at Nau’Tyl (5). (Strike: 22; Damage: 17 M.D.)
Dhaltuun Onyxforge: Run forward.


Jessie continues to bash the creature against the rock, creating a very real rock versus hard place scenario. Father tries to hit his target once more, but apparently three hundred feet is a bit much. Rufus snaps another shot, hitting the creature once more.

Travis Murdoc: Lost to Dodge.
Rufus: Lost to Dodge.
Travis Murdoc: Lost to Dodge.
Travis Murdoc: Lost to Dodge.


What are your intentions?
Combat posts

In relation to the Nau’Tyl; Teres is 157’ away, Murdoc is 140’ away, Jason is 130’, Rufus, Josiah, and Leo are 300’ away, Rory is 360’ away (2 Actions to break tree line), Dhaltuun is 390’ away (5 Actions to break the tree line).
At 300’ away the trees break enough to see the action.


GM Notes: Rufus in Tracker till 11/14, Leo is in Tracker till 12/1.

Jason Long: KLS Triarius Heavy Armor 134/200 M.D.C., Shoulder Shield 252/300 M.D.C., Sustain 7/8 days.
Leo Milton: Armor of Ithan 80/80 M.D.C., Environmental Body Armor: 47/80 M.D.C., Sustain 7/8 days.
Rufus: P.P.E.: 221/303; AOI: 80/80 M.D.C., Ring of Invisibility (3/3 charges remaining/24hr), -8 Meal Bars, Sustain 7/8 days.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge: 163/163 P.P.E.; Armored M.D.C. Combat Long Coat: 32/36 M.D.C., Sustain 7/8 days.
Jessie the Valkyrie: Magic Chain Mail: 83/100 M.D.C., Sustain 7/8 days.
Rory: P.P.E.: 121/151; Invincible Armor: 100/100 M.D.C., Sustain 7/8 days.
Travis Murdoc: TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton 60/100 M.D.C., Sustain 7/8 days.
Teres Barton: Branaghan Overcoat: Destroyed, Wrangler Riding Armor (Main Body): 44/85 M.D.C., I.S.P.: 66/88, Sustain 7/8 days.
Father Josiah Reno: Maverick Riding Armor 17/36 M.D.C., Sustain 7/8 days.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Father Josiah Reno
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:28 pm

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Father Josiah Reno »

Perception: 42% 1d100: [14] = 14
JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2
JIC%: 1d100: [2] = 2

"Damn!" Josiah curses himself after both shots fail to find their target. Forgive me, Father, for I have missed. Looking down at his armor, he realizes who did not miss, was the creature. Probably best if I get out of the open. After a brief scan of the area he decides it's best to take cover next to Teres and runs over beside her. There's no way I'm gonna survive a frontal attack on these things. Maybe I can sneak around and start wearing them down from the side or rear. Father Reno eases around the cover to the left to see if he has a clear shot at anything.

If he sees N1: Josiah raises his pistol and takes aim at the creature. When the bulk of it is lined up with his sights, he holds his breath and carefully squeezes the trigger.

If he does not see N1: Josiah will try and take advantage of the smoke cloud and move up to the next available cover. He moves around cover with his pistol ready where he presumably comes face-to-face with a creature. Instinct takes over and he fires.

Initiative: 1d20: [14] = 14
Action 1: Move to cover
Action 2: Move slowly around cover

If N1 can be seen:
Action 3-4: Aimed Shot with Energy Pistol 1d20+5: [7]+5 = 12 Damage: 3d6: [3, 3, 5] = 11
Action 5-6: Dodges 1d20+3: [20]+3 = 23 , 1d20+3: [20]+3 = 23

If N1 Cannot be seen:
Action 3: Move to next cover
Action 4: Mover around cover
Action 5: Burst Shot 1d20+5: [17]+5 = 22 Damage: 3d6: [5, 5, 1] = 11
Action 6: Dodge 1d20+3: [5]+3 = 8
User avatar
Rory
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:35 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Rory »

Perception: d100: 1d100: [3] = 3 / 21%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: 1d20: [16] = 16 | 1d100: 1d100: [75] = 75
Conditions: Invincible Armor spell (12 minutes remaining)

Initiative: 1d20+3: [2]+3 = 5

Action 1: Continue movement, ready to dodge if an attack comes her way (Dodge roll if needed: 1d20+2: [11]+2 = 13 )
Action 2: Continue movement, ready to dodge if an attack comes her way (Dodge roll if needed: 1d20+2: [7]+2 = 9 )
Action 3: Stop movement, be ready to dodge if an attack comes her way (Dodge roll if needed: 1d20+2: [4]+2 = 6 )
She points her Nuhr rune musket into place, targets one of the creatures and fires
(Attack roll: 1d20-3: [19]-3 = 16 Damage roll if it hits: 6d6: [6, 6, 1, 2, 6, 4] = 25 MD)
Action 4: Fire another shot at one (Attack roll: 1d20-3: [6]-3 = 3 Damage roll if it hits: 6d6: [2, 3, 3, 2, 2, 5] = 17 MD)
Be ready to dodge instead if an attack comes her way (Dodge roll if needed: 1d20+2: [14]+2 = 16 )
Action 5: Fire another shot at one (Attack roll: 1d20-3: [17]-3 = 14 Damage roll if it hits: 6d6: [4, 5, 6, 6, 2, 2] = 25 MD)
Be ready to dodge instead if an attack comes her way (Dodge roll if needed: 1d20+2: [16]+2 = 18 )

She can see fewer trees in the distance, so she knows she's getting close to the edge of the forest and where the action is.

"I'll be there soon. Hold on, team."

She doesn't waste much time on looking for creatures closer than the edge. If there were closer ones, they'd be aware of her already. It's not like she was being quiet, as a number of trampled bushes would attest. A strange thought struck her as she continued her run.

I wonder if that's why it was so quiet? Maybe we should take notice of that next time.

She is utterly unaware that some of the more experienced ones in the team may have had that thought quite some time ago. Despite her training at wilderness survival, she's never really thought about that before. The here and now, for her, is far less important than the end result.

"I hope that Dhaltuun can follow the path I left for him. Wouldn't put it past 'im ta try an' bash his own way through, and bash himself on a tree. Again." she says under her breath.

As her combat instincts take care of the mechanics of shooting (and dodging), she tries to get a good focus on her particular area of the battlefield, knowing that she wasn't going to get a good holistic view of everything. Combat focus made that pretty difficult.

Rory.
Status
-Current Hit Points: 42/42
-Current SDC: 18/25
-Current PPE: 121/151

Invincible armor (spell effect)
MDC:100 (regenerates 1d6 MDC/melee rnd)
Offers complete environmental protection from heat, cold, disease, pollution, toxic gases, fumes. Independent oxygen supply.
All energy attacks (magic or mundane) inflict only half damage.
-15 to prowl, climb, swim.
Duration: 12 minutes

Armor: High Magus armor
Helmet: 45
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 30 each
Main Body: 50

Weapons:
Slung over back: Nuhr rune musket rifle
Range: 1,600'
Damage: 6D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 50 blasts (-3 if 3 shots fired)
Weight: 8.5 lbs.
Features: Costs 40 P.P.E. to reload
Modifiers: P.S. <26: -3 to strike

Utility belt: Vibro-axe
Range: Close Combat
Damage: 2D6 M.D.
Payload: 1 E-Clip will last approximately 1 hour
Weight: 4 lbs
OOC Comments
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Teres Barton »

Perception: 1d100: [62] = 62 / 54%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [9] = 9 | 1d100: [65] = 65

(when Padre arrives)
"padre," she says bracing for a volley as she selects a target that is wounded or damaged already, or being shot by Jason and Murdoc. Much as she would like to hit the one behind her he was in a spot. Also, there was this smoke cloud in the way that hopefully blocked his vision as it did hers. It was partially why she dropped it. I need to carry more flare arrows to screw with thermal and heat sensors. the Psi-Druid thinks as she aims.

(if she does not see the padre go by)
Bracing for a volley as she selects targets that are wounded or damaged already, or being shot by Jason and Murdoc. Much as she would like to hit the one behind her he was in a spot. Also, there was this smoke cloud in the way that hopefully blocked his vision as it did hers. It was partially why she dropped it. I need to carry more flare arrows to screw with thermal and heat sensors. the Psi-Druid thinks as she aims.
Combat
APM: 5
Initiative: 1d20: [1] = 1
Conditions: Bow critical hit on N19 or better
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
1: Shoot from cover: 1d20+5: [1]+5 = 6 Damage: 4d6: [4, 5, 4, 6] = 19
2: Shoot from cover: 1d20+5: [13]+5 = 18 Damage: 4d6: [2, 6, 4, 5] = 17
3: Shoot from cover: 1d20+5: [14]+5 = 19 Damage: 4d6: [2, 5, 4, 2] = 13
4: Shoot from cover: 1d20+5: [16]+5 = 21 Damage: 4d6: [3, 5, 1, 4] = 13
5: return to cover:

Dodge: (if needed)
1: 1d20+2: [18]+2 = 20
2: 1d20+2: [11]+2 = 13
3: 1d20+2: [15]+2 = 17
4: 1d20+2: [10]+2 = 12
5: 1d20+2: [3]+2 = 5
Parry:(if needed)
1: 1d20+2: [8]+2 = 10
2: 1d20+2: [3]+2 = 5
3: 1d20+2: [9]+2 = 11
4: 1d20+2: [9]+2 = 11
5: 1d20+2: [6]+2 = 8
Last edited by Teres Barton on Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've got a job, I explore, I follow every little whiff
And I want my life to smell like this
To find a place, an ancient race
The kind you'd like to gamble with


Image

Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 68/88
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with overcoat
Legs: +12 with overcoat
Main Body: +28 with overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Each holds 12 arrows
• Left Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
• Right Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
Quiver x2:
each Holds 24 Arrows.
• 4 Smoke Arrows
• 4 IR Flare Arrows
• 12 MD Arrows
• 4 Neural Disrupter Arrows
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 381
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Jason Long »

Perception: 71% / 1d100: [95] = 95 %
JIC: 1d20: [3] = 3 / 1d100: [51] = 51
Consumer wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:20 am Jason takes the opportunity to put down the creature Murdoc just shot, its body hitting the ground in a thud.
YES! one down Jason smiles and looks for his next target. He sees Jesse working on hers. He is tempted to assist her, but knows that firing into hand-to-hand is a recipe for disaster. He's got 3 more shots in this mag and graces Murdoc's target with all three. If that one goes down, he will switch to the next.

Initiative: 1d20+4: [2]+4 = 6
Actions:6
1: Shoot Murdoc's target: 1d20+4: [13]+4 = 17 To Hit, 5d6: [4, 4, 3, 5, 2] = 18 MD
2: Shoot Murdoc's target: 1d20+4: [3]+4 = 7 To Hit, 5d6: [6, 4, 6, 1, 1] = 18 MD
3: Shoot Murdoc's target: 1d20+4: [9]+4 = 13 To Hit, 5d6: [3, 5, 2, 3, 4] = 17 MD
4-6: reserved for dodges: 1d20+7: [4]+7 = 11 , 1d20+7: [16]+7 = 23 , 1d20+7: [7]+7 = 14
Jason Long
OOC Comments
HP: 49/21
SDC: 52/52
Triarius Heavy Armor
• Helmet: 100
• Main Body: 200
• Arms: 125 each
• Legs: 150 each
• Arm Shield: 300
Modifiers: -15% to physical skills, +1 to strike with ranged weapons
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 357
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Templar (PC)

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Murdoc »

Percep 83%: 1d100: [5] = 5
JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20 1d100: [89] = 89

Conditions:
Sustain 7/8 days
Tiny symbiotic fish that translates language
  • Effect: Automatically translates any language to one the host understands.
  • Will attempt to translate responses at 50% chance.
  • Lifespan: 6 months
  • Notes: Created by a Genesplicer, no side effects

Roll 50%: 1d100: [34] = 34

Sustain 7/8 days
NE-97 Triple Threat Laser Rifle: Payload: 21/14 shots per E-Clip
TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton 60/100 M.D.C.


Murdoc clenches his teeth, One down. One hiding... it is still hiding, isn't it? If so, that leaves four to go. Best get moving. His hand slides down the rifle to the secondary trigger as he shifts the rifle to the largest grouping of the things that doesn't include any teammates. He pulls the trigger and lets loose a rifle grenade. Not as effective as the pulse blast but hell, explosions are cool and spread the damage around.

"On the move." Murdoc calls out over the team frequency. His thoughts flare as he maneuvers around towards the water to get these things into a crossfire. Finding as good of cover as he can, he reloads a rifle grenade for later use while he's ducked down, then he pops up to line up another series of shots at the closest creature that is not in hand to hand with a teammate.

After letting loose a few bursts, Murdoc takes a few second to look around for the prisoners that the things spoke of. Regardless of what he sees, he fires off a few more burst just to prove he's still alive and in the game.

Init: 1d20+10: [15]+10 = 25
Actions: 9
1. Rifle Grenade Strike: 1d20: [11] = 11 Dmg: 2d6: [2, 5] = 7
2. Move, at full speed he can move at 146 ft an action and his armor triples that.
3. pulse burst Strike: 1d20+6: [6]+6 = 12 Dmg: 6d6+6: [5, 3, 2, 5, 6, 1]+6 = 28
4. pulse burst Strike: 1d20+6: [17]+6 = 23 Dmg: 6d6+6: [6, 1, 5, 3, 3, 5]+6 = 29
5. pulse burst Strike: 1d20+6: [10]+6 = 16 Dmg: 6d6+6: [5, 4, 2, 3, 5, 2]+6 = 27
6. Look around for the prisoners
7. pulse burst Strike: 1d20+6: [4]+6 = 10 Dmg: 6d6+6: [6, 2, 1, 1, 4, 3]+6 = 23
8. pulse burst Strike: 1d20+6: [3]+6 = 9 Dmg: 6d6+6: [5, 6, 1, 5, 4, 6]+6 = 33
9. pulse burst Strike: 1d20+6: [4]+6 = 10 Dmg: 6d6+6: [1, 5, 3, 2, 5, 2]+6 = 24

As needed, Dodge +13/ Parry +11: 1d20: [1] = 1 , 1d20: [2] = 2 , 1d20: [3] = 3 , 1d20: [14] = 14 , 1d20: [1] = 1 , 1d20: [16] = 16 , 1d20: [4] = 4 , 1d20: [4] = 4 , 1d20: [11] = 11
Travis Murdoc

OOC Comments
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 318
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Rufus »

Perception: 1d100<83: [22*] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [16] = 16 / 1d100: [99] = 99
Initiative: 1d20+4: [3]+4 = 7 (+3 plus additional +1 for pistol)
APM: 7

Conditions:
- PPE: 199/303 at the start of this post
- Rufus AoI: 80/80 MDC; 31 rounds remaining
- Leo AoI: 80/80 MDC; 31 rounds remaining
- Empress Heavy Ion Pistol: 7/8 shots in current E-clip
- Sustain: 7 days remaining
Sustain allows the recipient of this enchantment to go for days without food, water, or breathable air! The magic keeps their energy level up and removes the need for any outside source of these things. In addition, the recipient only needs two hours sleep per night for the duration of the magic. The individual can survive in almost any environment. However, the character remains vulnerable to other external conditions such as heat, cold, and physical damage, and fatigues from exertion as normal.

- Translator Fish:
"This creature I whipped up in my lab will go in your ear and live there for a while… Estimated lifespan is six months… Once in there it will gently affix itself to your eardrum and collect the sounds coming into your ear, and with sympathetic psionics, it will translate the language into something you understand. On the flipside, it will attempt to translate your speech in your brain to one that it has received, though this is to a limited effect, so keep the speaking simple and you should be okay.”


Rufus grins slightly as his Empress shot hits one of the... whatever they are... square in the chest. "Uncle Cato always says beauty may be skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone..." he smirks. Doesn't seem like they're from around here, wonder if they'd know where our floating city might be?

"Let's try to keep one alive if we can," he radios to the group. "We might can get some answers out of..." him? Her? Them? "...it." But first, a little canine intervention is in order.

He glances over at Leo. "How about keep an eye on our daredevil back there, my friend? Don't let him bash what's left of his brains out..." He gives his ring a twist and vanishes from sight before muttering an incantation under his breath and leaping into the air. He zooms around to the side of the firefight, trying to find good angles for more shots with his pistol.

Here's hoping these squid-things aren't expecting someone on their flanks... he thinks to himself as he lines up his next shot and squeezes the trigger.

Combat Stuff and Such
Notes:
- critical strike on natural 17-20 with pistol
- critical strike on natural 18-20 with any other weapons

1. Activate ring of invisibility
(10 minutes duration; 2/3 activations remaining)

2-3. Cast Fly as the Eagle
(160 minutes duration; Maximum Speed: 50 mph (80 km). Bonuses: +1 to parry, +2 to dodge and +2 to damage on a diving attack)

4. Shoot nearest Squidward wannabe with Empress Pistol. Strike: 1d20+7: [10]+7 = 17 ; Damage: 6d6+2: [1, 6, 4, 1, 4, 2]+2 = 20 MD
5. Shoot nearest Squidward wannabe with Empress Pistol. Strike: 1d20+7: [17]+7 = 24 ; Damage: 6d6+2: [6, 5, 2, 1, 4, 1]+2 = 21 MD CRIT! OR dodge if need be. Dodge: 1d20+9: [5]+9 = 14
6. Shoot nearest Squidward wannabe with Empress Pistol. Strike: 1d20+7: [17]+7 = 24 ; Damage: 6d6+2: [2, 3, 5, 1, 1, 3]+2 = 17 CRIT! MD OR dodge if need be. Dodge: 1d20+9: [8]+9 = 17
7. Solely reserved for dodging. Dodge: 1d20+9: [17]+9 = 26

Auto-Parries if needed: 1d20+8: [11]+8 = 19 , 1d20+8: [4]+8 = 12 , 1d20+8: [2]+8 = 10 , 1d20+8: [17]+8 = 25 , 1d20+8: [1]+8 = 9 , 1d20+8: [12]+8 = 20 , 1d20+8: [20]+8 = 28
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1706
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Consumer »

Road to Redemption: A play in three parts, Part Three, Act One.
Time and Weather wrote:Location: Enganno Island, Indian Ocean
Date: April 19, 111 PA, 12:35 PM (15 seconds have passed)
Weather: High 93°, Low 75°; Clear
Map
Mission Notes
Jason Long: No skills used.
Leo Milton: No skills used.
Rufus: No skills used.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge: No skills used.
Travis Murdoc: No skills used.
Teres Barton: No skills used.
Rory: No skills used.
Father Josiah Reno: No skills used.
Travis Murdoc: Fire Rifle Grenade at N3. (Strike: 11; Miss)
Dhaltuun Onyxforge: Run forward.(17.5’/action)
Nau’Tyl (5): Fire at Jason. (Strike: 16; Damage: 21 M.D.) (Dodge Failed)
Nau’Tyl (1): Fire at Teres. (Nat 1)
Leo Milton: Drop Rail Gun, draw Hammer, charge N4.
Father Josiah Reno: Move to cover.
Nau’Tyl (3): Fire at Murdoc. (Strike: 7; Miss)
Jessie: Bash N6 against rock. (Nat 1)
Nau’Tyl (4): Fire at Leo. (Strike: 8; Damage: 24) (Parried)
Nau’Tyl (6): Get up from prone.
Rufus: Activate ring of invisibility
Jason Long: Shoot at N5. (Strike: 17; Damage: 18 MD)
Rory: Continue movement, ready to dodge if an attack comes her way
Teres Barton: Shoot from cover at N1. (Strike: 6; Miss)


Murdoc lets loose a rifle propelled grenade, but misjudges the trajectory, missing his targets. Dhaltuun continues running forward. One Nau’tyl fires ar Jason whole tries to get out of the way, but still manages to get hit, his armor taking the brunt of the particle beam hit. Another Nau’tyl goes to fire at Teres, but manages to drop his gun. Leo, tired of missing, drops his railgun, unslings his hammer and charges forwards towards the d-bees. Father Reno moves to cover by Teres. Another Nau’tyl fires at Murdoc, but can’t get a decent shot off. Jessie goes to smash the creature in her hand against the rock once more, but manages only to drop him. The Nau’tyl that Leo charged tries to fire at the hulking beast of a man, but finds his gun batted away. The Nau’tyl near Jessie scurries back to its feet. Jason scores a hit on a Nau’tyl, damaging it’s armor further. Rory continues running forward, nearing the tree line. Teres pops up from cover and fires her bow, but doesn’t score a hit.

Travis Murdoc: Move, at full speed he can move at 146 ft an action and his armor triples that.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge: Run forward.(17.5’/action)
Nau’Tyl (5): Fire at Jason. (Strike: 6; Miss)
Nau’Tyl (1): Pick up gun.
Leo Milton: Mash N4. (Strike: 9; Damage: 34 M.D. (20 M.D. 20’ AOE) (Parried)
Father Josiah Reno: Move slowly around cover
Nau’Tyl (3): Turn and shoot at Murdoc. (Strike: 8; Miss)
Jessie: Grab Nau’tyl 6. (Strike: 11) (Parried)
Nau’Tyl (4): Fire at Leo. (Strike: 4; Miss)
Nau’Tyl (6): Shoot Jessie. (Strike: 19; Damage: 30 M.D.) (Parried)
Rufus: Cast Fly as the Eagle
Jason Long: Shoot at N5. (Strike: 7; Miss)
Rory: Continue movement, ready to dodge if an attack comes her way
Teres Barton: Shoot from cover at N1. (Strike: 18; Damage: 17 M.D.) (Saves)


Murdoc decides to put some speed on and runs literally across the battlefield at speeds none of the folk involved could hope to achieve, putting himself behind the aquatic d-bees. Dhaltuun continues running. Shots miss Jason, and the creature who dropped his gun picks it back up. Leo takes a mighty swing with his hammer, but to his surprise finds the blow parried. Josiah moves to the other side of the cover he took, giving him a very clear view of his intended target. One creature turns to fire at Murdoc but misses. Jessie makes a grab for the creature once more, but finds her efforts thwarted. A shot at Leo at point blank misses, While Jessie knocks the gun away before she is shot. Rory breaks from the treeline and now can see the battle at hand in all its chaos. Teres scores a hit, but the creature seems unphased by the effects.

Travis Murdoc: Fire pulse burst at N3. (Strike: 12; Damage: 28)
Dhaltuun Onyxforge: Run forward.(17.5’/action)
Nau’Tyl (5): Fire at Jason. (Strike: 9; Miss)
Nau’Tyl (1): Fire at Father Reno. (Strike: 18; Damage: 10 M.D.) (Dodged)
Leo Milton: Smash N4. (Strike: 21; Damage: 30 M.D. (10 M.D. 20’ AOE))
Father Josiah Reno: Begin Aiming at N1.
Nau’Tyl (3): Fire at Murdoc. (Strike: 10; Miss)
Jessie: Grab N6. (Strike: 17) (Parried)
Nau’Tyl (4): Fire at Leo. (Strike: 14; Damage: 23 M.D.)
Nau’Tyl (6): Fire at Jessie. (Strike: 12; Damage: 21 M.D.)
Rufus: Shoot nearest Squidward wannabe with Empress Pistol. (Strike: 17; Damage: 20 M.D.)
Jason Long: Shoot Murdoc's target (N3). (Strike: 13; Damage: 17 M.D.)
Rory: Fire Nhur Musket at N3. (Strike: 16; Damage: 25 M.D.)
Teres Barton: Shoot from cover at N1. (Strike: 19; Damage: 13 M.D.) (

Murdoc fires a pulse burst scoring an armor shattering hit. Dhaltuun moves closer to the battle. Creature fires at Jason but is a poor shot. Father Reno dodges a shot that would have likely crippled what was left of his armor. Leo connects with his hammer dealing appreciable damage to all around him. Father Reno aims his borrowed pistol at the creature, while another fires at Murdoc. Jessie again makes a grab for the creature, but has her hands slapped away. Leo catches a point blank shot to the magical armor, as does Jessie. Rufus scores a fine hit on the armorless Nau’tyl, which is followed up by Jason, and then it is finished off by Rory. Teres finally hits once more, and the desired tesla effect does seem to phase it this time.

Travis Murdoc: Fire Pulse burst at N1. (Strike: 23; Damage: 29 M.D.)
Dhaltuun Onyxforge: Run forward.(17.5’/action)
Nau’Tyl (5): Fire at Jason. (Strike: 7; Miss)
Leo Milton: Smash N4. (Strike: 15; Damage: 28 M.D. (10 M.D. 20’ AOE)) (Parried)
Father Josiah Reno: Aimed Shot with Energy Pistol at N1. (Strike: 12; Damage: 11 M.D.)
Jessie: Goes invisible, grabs N6 (Strike: 21)
Nau’Tyl (4): Fire at Leo. Nat 1.
Nau’Tyl (6): Tries to free itself. (31 vs 36) (Held)
Rufus: Shoot nearest N5 with Empress Pistol. (Strike: 24 CRIT!; Damage: 42 M.D.)
Jason Long: Reserved for dodge.
Rory: Fire another shot at one. (Strike: 3; Miss)
Teres Barton: Shoot from cover at N1. (Strike: 21; Damage: 13 M.D.) (Saved)
Nau’Tyl (1): Lost to Tesla Effect.


Murdoc gets a good hit on the creature Teres and Father Reno have been shooting at, Dhaltuun continues forward, Jason is shot at sort of, but missed. Leo watches another swing of his hammer get parried by the smaller aquatic d-bee. Father Reno all but shatters the armor of the creature he’s aiming at. Jessie goes invisible and snags the creature again. The Nau’tyl Leo is smashing at, tries to fire but realizes his gun is broken. Jessie’s victim tries valiantly to escape her steely grasp, but fails to break free. Rufus finishes breaking the armor of the one Teres, Reno, and Murdoc shot. Rory misses her shot, While Teres scores another hit, whether it affected him is unknown.

Travis Murdoc: Fire pulse burst at N1. (Strike: 16; Damage: 27 M.D.)
Dhaltuun Onyxforge: Run forward.(17.5’/action)
Nau’Tyl (5): Fire at Jason. (Strike: 5; Miss)
Leo Milton: Smash N4. (Strike: 25; Damage: 30 M.D. (20 M.D. 20’ AOE))
Father Josiah Reno: Reserved for dodge.
Jessie: Smash N6. (Strike: Nat 20; Damage: 12 M.D.)
Nau’Tyl (4): Punch at Leo. (Strike: 6; Damage: 2 M.D.) (Parried)
Nau’Tyl (6): Try to break free. (25 vs 35)
Rufus: Fire at N1. (Strike: 24 CRIT!; Damage: 34 M.D.)
Jason Long: Reserved for dodge.
Rory: Fire a shot at N4. (Strike: 14; Damage: 25 M.D.)
Teres Barton: Hides behind cover.
Nau’Tyl (1): Fire at Father Reno. (Strike: 17; Damage: 19) (Dodged)


The battle begins to wear down as the creatures are being felled at an exponential rate. By the time Dhaltuun manages to break through the tree line the creatures lay dead and broken. The sudden stop to the fighting leaves the area eerily quiet, only the sounds of fire breaking the silence. A cursory glance of the area shows no other survivors, but the bulk of the settlement seems to be a few hundred feet away. So further investigation seems warranted. There are few standing structures to investigate, and the largest seems to be some manner of hanger near the shore some thousand feet from where the fight happened.

What are your Intentions?

GM Notes: Leo is in Tracker till 12/1, Dhaltuun is in the tracker till ???

Jason Long: KLS Triarius Heavy Armor 113/200 M.D.C., Shoulder Shield 252/300 M.D.C., Sustain 7/8 days.
Leo Milton: Armor of Ithan 57/80 M.D.C., Environmental Body Armor: 47/80 M.D.C., Sustain 7/8 days.
Rufus: P.P.E.: 196/303; AOI: 80/80 M.D.C., Ring of Invisibility (3/3 charges remaining/24hr), -8 Meal Bars, Sustain 7/8 days.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge: 163/163 P.P.E.; Armored M.D.C. Combat Long Coat: 32/36 M.D.C., Sustain 7/8 days.
Jessie the Valkyrie: Magic Chain Mail: 62/100 M.D.C., Sustain 7/8 days.
Rory: P.P.E.: 121/151; Invincible Armor: 100/100 M.D.C., Sustain 7/8 days.
Travis Murdoc: TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton 60/100 M.D.C., Sustain 7/8 days.
Teres Barton: Branaghan Overcoat: Destroyed, Wrangler Riding Armor (Main Body): 44/85 M.D.C., I.S.P.: 66/88, Sustain 7/8 days.
Father Josiah Reno: Maverick Riding Armor 17/36 M.D.C., Sustain 7/8 days.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 357
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Templar (PC)

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Murdoc »

Percep 83%: 1d100: [82] = 82
JIC: 1d20: [12] = 12 1d100: [25] = 25

Conditions:
Sustain 7/8 days
Tiny symbiotic fish that translates language
  • Effect: Automatically translates any language to one the host understands.
  • Will attempt to translate responses at 50% chance.
  • Lifespan: 6 months
  • Notes: Created by a Genesplicer, no side effects

Roll 50%: 1d100: [5] = 5

Sustain 7/8 days
NE-97 Triple Threat Laser Rifle: Payload: 21/14 shots per E-Clip
TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton 100/60 M.D.C.


Murdoc glares around the former battlefield and then slowly moves up on each of the downed 'things'. To make sure they are actually dead, he puts a boot to each of their heads to see if they give any reaction.

If there's no further movement from these, Murdoc will call out, "All clear but keep your eyes open there could be more lurking about. When we came up on these guys, they said something about other prisoners." He gives a good look around the former settlement and continues, "If I were a betting man, And I am. I'd put my money on the big hanger. Might even come across their ride in there."

Man that jolt of speed was nice. Reminds me of the rush from my juicer days. Murdoc gives a little grin to himself and then, in an action he knows is more than a little reckless, he turns on the speed again as he zips over to the hanger. He looks the place over and checks for the entrance as well as any windows. If they have prisoners, it's likely that they are being guarded, but all the noise we just made should have drawn them out.

If Murdoc finds a window, he will peer in to see what he can see. Switching between his normal, night vision and thermal vision settings to see what he can make out inside.
Travis Murdoc

OOC Comments
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 381
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Jason Long »

Perception: 71% / 1d100: [100] = 100 %
JIC: 1d20: [18] = 18 / 1d100: [31] = 31

Skills:
((Radio: Basic--112% / 1d100: [28] = 28 ))

As the last thing drops, Jason reloads and moves up. As he does, he calls out to the team, "Templar, sound off. Anyone injured?" While waiting for everyone to check in, he joins Murdoc in checking to make sure none of the creatures are playing possum.
The Governor wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:59 pm
Murdoc will call out, "All clear but keep your eyes open there could be more lurking about. When we came up on these guys, they said something about other prisoners." He gives a good look around the former settlement and continues, "If I were a betting man, And I am. I'd put my money on the big hanger. Might even come across their ride in there."
Jason holsters his pistol and unlimbers his shotgun. "Sounds good, you take right, I'll take left." Jason shakes his head as Murdoc takes off and he moves forward more cautiously, heading to the left side of the building to look for access points. If he finds one, he moves up quietly, and uses his suit's sensors to look inside.
Jason Long
OOC Comments
HP: 49/21
SDC: 52/52
Triarius Heavy Armor
• Helmet: 100
• Main Body: 200
• Arms: 125 each
• Legs: 150 each
• Arm Shield: 300
Modifiers: -15% to physical skills, +1 to strike with ranged weapons
User avatar
Rory
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:35 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Rory »

Perception: d100: 1d100: [44] = 44 / 21%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: 1d20: [11] = 11 | 1d100: 1d100: [21] = 21
Conditions: Invincible Armor spell (11 minutes remaining)

Initiative: 1d20+3: [14]+3 = 17

Rory stands there, rune musket in hand, slowly turning in a circle as she scans the area. Her movements aren't smooth - there are telltale jitters that show she's still riding the trailing end of an adrenaline high.
Once she's done - and calmer - she paces over to where Dhaltuun stood, having burst out of the bush just seconds too late to have joined in the battle.

"Thanks fer watchin' our backs. Last thing we needed was ta get hit from front *and* rear."

She looks around the area, her focus having finally switched from combat activities to general curiosity.

"Interestin' place, this."

She starts to look around, trying to determine the layout of this part of the settlement. More specifically, she's trying to determine (from the remains of the layuout she can see) if the settlement was designed with defence in mind - or not. If it had been built with defence in mind, there would be some clear space between the settlement and the surroundings, and some kind of defensive structures or guard posts. Naturally, the jungle would have grown back as fast as it could, and even a month was enough for weeds and undergrowth to start reclaiming clearings. Still, it was worth looking, and if there were any weapons emplacements, she was pretty certain she'd know where to look to find them. (Naturally, she was overly optimistic in her own abilities)

Military fortifications skill: 1d100: [93] = 93 (failure)

Rory.
Status
-Current Hit Points: 42/42
-Current SDC: 18/25
-Current PPE: 121/151

Invincible armor (spell effect)
MDC:100 (regenerates 1d6 MDC/melee rnd)
Offers complete environmental protection from heat, cold, disease, pollution, toxic gases, fumes. Independent oxygen supply.
All energy attacks (magic or mundane) inflict only half damage.
-15 to prowl, climb, swim.
Duration: 12 minutes

Armor: High Magus armor
Helmet: 45
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 30 each
Main Body: 50

Weapons:
Slung over back: Nuhr rune musket rifle
Range: 1,600'
Damage: 6D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 50 blasts (-3 if 3 shots fired)
Weight: 8.5 lbs.
Features: Costs 40 P.P.E. to reload
Modifiers: P.S. <26: -3 to strike

Utility belt: Vibro-axe
Range: Close Combat
Damage: 2D6 M.D.
Payload: 1 E-Clip will last approximately 1 hour
Weight: 4 lbs
OOC Comments
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Teres Barton »

Perception: 1d100: [54] = 54 / 54%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [7] = 7 | 1d100: [87] = 87

Checks just incase the dead foes expected scavengers or stuff she does not recognize is there:
OOC Comments
Detect Concealment 1d100: [45] = 45 / 40%
Trap & Mine Detection 1d100: [73] = 73 / 35%
Field Armorer & Munitions Expert 1d100: [7] = 7 / 50%
Basic Electronics 1d100: [17] = 17 / 40%
Basic Mechanics 1d100: [23] = 23 / 40%
"I'm gonna check the dead Tango's and see if they have anything we can use." she says aloud to Jason then heads to the bodies with the tesla bow at the ready bow. As they look at the hanger Teres goes about Checking the bodies for items of use like E-clips and weapons. Another item of interest was that armor. If it was organic it might be a good back up suit just incase one of theirs gets destroyed. It seems a wise idea to have something should they be out here longer than planned. This was done with some caution and care as they may have rigged the bodies to explode or spread out some other trap if tampered with. Also if they regenerated they may not be dead. If it looked alive she would put a bolt into it. Her first grab would be a pistol and E-Clips, then start with items she could carry or sling easily. No point in looting that which could not be used or carried.
I've got a job, I explore, I follow every little whiff
And I want my life to smell like this
To find a place, an ancient race
The kind you'd like to gamble with


Image

Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 68/88
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with overcoat
Legs: +12 with overcoat
Main Body: +28 with overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Each holds 12 arrows
• Left Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
• Right Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
Quiver x2:
each Holds 24 Arrows.
• 4 Smoke Arrows
• 4 IR Flare Arrows
• 12 MD Arrows
• 4 Neural Disrupter Arrows
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 318
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Rufus »

Perception: 1d100<83: [31*] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9 / 1d100: [53] = 53

Conditions:
- PPE: 174/303 at the start of this post
- Rufus AoI: 80/80 MDC; 30 rounds remaining
- Leo AoI: 80/80 MDC; 30 rounds remaining
- Empress Heavy Ion Pistol: 3/8 shots in current E-clip
- Invisibility: 9.75 minutes remaining; 2/3 charges remaining
- Fly as the Eagle Spell: 159.75 minutes remaining
- Sustain: 7 days remaining
Sustain allows the recipient of this enchantment to go for days without food, water, or breathable air! The magic keeps their energy level up and removes the need for any outside source of these things. In addition, the recipient only needs two hours sleep per night for the duration of the magic. The individual can survive in almost any environment. However, the character remains vulnerable to other external conditions such as heat, cold, and physical damage, and fatigues from exertion as normal.

- Translator Fish:
"This creature I whipped up in my lab will go in your ear and live there for a while… Estimated lifespan is six months… Once in there it will gently affix itself to your eardrum and collect the sounds coming into your ear, and with sympathetic psionics, it will translate the language into something you understand. On the flipside, it will attempt to translate your speech in your brain to one that it has received, though this is to a limited effect, so keep the speaking simple and you should be okay.”

Jason Long wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:28 am"Templar, sound off. Anyone injured?"
"Rufus here. Only 'injured' in so far as I've lost my taste for calamari for a while..." he smirks as he holsters his pistol. "When did squid start walking on two legs and packing energy weapons, anyway?" So much for getting some Q&A time in with these thugs, he adds to himself while he looks around to put eyes on all the others and makes sure they're okay/accounted for. Though I doubt they'd want to cooperate anyway, so maybe just as well.
Rory wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:44 pm"Interestin' place, this."
"Nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live here..." Rufus chuckles. "A little too 'off the beaten path' for me. Not without some sort of teleportation ring or hyperjet transport anyway. Traveling via flying whale cheek pockets would be a commute that'd get old quick."
Murdoc wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:59 pm"All clear but keep your eyes open there could be more lurking about. When we came up on these guys, they said something about other prisoners... If I were a betting man, I'd put my money on the big hanger. Might even come across their ride in there."
Jason Long wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:28 am"Sounds good, you take right, I'll take left."
"And I'll take UP," Rufus adds. "Dhal, how about sending Marcella circling around the structures here -- if there are any more squids around, have her let you know so you can tell us -- I don't think these fishy sticks in our ears translate osprey too well."

He makes sure to fly over Jessie's position. "You okay, partner? Care to join me? I could use a spare pair of eyeballs up top."

Whether or not she joins him he'll fly slowly over the structures, looking for any signs of a way in or straggling squids with weapons and a bad attitude. Somewhat absent-mindedly he pulls his pistol back out and keeps it at the ready. Well, you never know...
Teres Barton wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:52 pm"I'm gonna check the dead Tango's and see if they have anything we can use."
"Some basic supplies and compatible E-clips would be lovely," Rufus nods invisibly from up above. "But that might be a pretty big ask. Anybody got room for a few small arms in their packs?"
User avatar
Father Josiah Reno
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:28 pm

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Father Josiah Reno »

Perception: 42% 1d100: [43] = 43
JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2
JIC%: 1d100: [92] = 92

Josiah takes a long deep breath as the haze of battle begins to dissipate. Dominus regit me. Psalmus David. Dominus regit me, et nihil mihi deerit. Despite his attempts to control the anxiety his eyes continue to dart around and he watches for new threats before Jason's radio call snaps him back to reality.
Jason Long wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:28 am "Templar, sound off. Anyone injured?"
Looking himself over, Josiah realizes how much damage he actually took during the fight. In loco pascuae ibi me collocavit. Super aquam refectionis educavit me, animam meam convertit. Deduxit me super semitas justitiae, propter nomen suum. He radios in, "This is Father Reno, I'm fine but my armor took a good whipping' " He looks around at the area, taking in the battle field for the first time.

Walking over to the closest dead creature, he begins to contemplate. Nam, etsi ambulavero in medio umbrae mortis, non timebo mala, quoniam tu mecum es. Virga tua, et baculus tuus, ipsa me consolata sunt. Who were they? What were they? Why are they here? What are they protecting? This are questions that will need to be answered. Hopefully this ragtag group of folks will be able to find them.

Josiah briefly removes his hat and wipes the sweat from his brow. He can feel the chill ripple through his body as the adrenaline rush begins to leave his body. Parasti in conspectu meo mensam, adversus eos qui tribulant me; impinguasti in oleo caput meum; et calix meus inebrians quam praeclarus est! He makes his way over the others in the group. Hopefully he can find someone who can repair his armor.

"Anyone able to look over my armor?" He asks meekly. Josiah doesn't like asking for help, but he doesn't have the knowledge to repair his gear. Et misericordia tua subsequetur me omnibus diebus vitae meae; et ut inhabitem in domo Domini, in longitudinem dierum. Looking up to the sky, he internally thanks the Lord for his life and for the others.
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1706
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Consumer »

Road to Redemption: A play in three parts, Part Three, Act One.
Time and Weather wrote:Location: Enganno Island, Indian Ocean
Date: April 19, 111 PA, 12:40 PM (5 minutes have passed)
Weather: High 93°, Low 75°; Clear
Map
Mission Notes
Combat Map
Jason Long: No skills used.
Leo Milton: No skills used.
Rufus: No skills used.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge: No skills used.
Travis Murdoc: No skills used.
Teres Barton: No skills used.
Rory: No skills used.
Father Josiah Reno: No skills used.
Murdoc takes a minute to check the corpses, and finds them to either be the world’s greatest actors, or very dead. Convinced that they’re not getting back up, Murdoc announces that he intends to move towards the hanger. Jason does an injury check, and follows Murdoc. Rory assuages Dhaltuun’s slowness with a white lie, before trying to see if the settlement had any defenses. By her trained eye, there was barely a settlement. Teres does a double check on the corpses, and does find that they are still quite dead, before rolling them for their meager possessions. In total she finds five functional rifles with non-standard e-clips that are nearly drained by her guess, and six odd looking communicators, if she were to guess. Their armor is generally trashed and not salvageable and they seem to have little other gear. This likely leads to some internal questions, but they aren’t voiced at the moment. Rufus and Jessie take to the air and look about, from up high it looks even more boring. Whatever this place was, the elements and the apocalypse took it’s toll, stripping all but the most hardened of structures. Several tents and prefab buildings have been generally flattened by the invaders, a few even still burn. Only the hanger seems to be intact still. Father Reno answers Jason, before asking if anyone could look at his armor, but the lack of supplies makes that a hard prospect.

Jason and Murdoc make their way to the entrance to the hanger, a prefab quonset hut structure. Inside seems generally ransacked, save a very serviceable looking sailboat. Its mast disassembled and strapped to the vehicle as if it was stored. After an hour of rather thorough searching, the Templar find no other people, prisoners or otherwise. All in all besides the meager gear the creatures were wielding, they find the unnamed Sailboat, Enough tools lying around to effect repairs, approximately two days worth of food for the group, a few barrels of gasoline (300 gallons), and some other odds and ends that only reinforce the tragedy that happened here. For a majority of the Templar, no one has any clue what manner of allegiance these settlers had, save Rufus who spots a jacket hanging off the back of a chair. It looks very official, and rather new. It is emblazoned with the flag of the old american empire, and a globe anchor patch.

What are your Intentions?

GM Notes: Leo is in Tracker till 12/1, Dhaltuun is in the tracker till ???

Jason Long: KLS Triarius Heavy Armor 113/200 M.D.C., Shoulder Shield 252/300 M.D.C., Sustain 7/8 days.
Leo Milton: Armor of Ithan 57/80 M.D.C., Environmental Body Armor: 47/80 M.D.C., Sustain 7/8 days.
Rufus: P.P.E.: 196/303; AOI: 80/80 M.D.C., Ring of Invisibility (3/3 charges remaining/24hr), -8 Meal Bars, Sustain 7/8 days.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge: 163/163 P.P.E.; Armored M.D.C. Combat Long Coat: 32/36 M.D.C., Sustain 7/8 days.
Jessie the Valkyrie: Magic Chain Mail: 62/100 M.D.C., Sustain 7/8 days.
Rory: P.P.E.: 121/151; Invincible Armor: 100/100 M.D.C., Sustain 7/8 days.
Travis Murdoc: TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton 60/100 M.D.C., Sustain 7/8 days.
Teres Barton: Branaghan Overcoat: Destroyed, Wrangler Riding Armor (Main Body): 44/85 M.D.C., I.S.P.: 66/88, Sustain 7/8 days.
Father Josiah Reno: Maverick Riding Armor 17/36 M.D.C., Sustain 7/8 days.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 357
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Templar (PC)

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Murdoc »

Percep 83%: 1d100: [83] = 83
JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19 1d100: [7] = 7

Conditions:
Sustain 7/8 days
Tiny symbiotic fish that translates language
  • Effect: Automatically translates any language to one the host understands.
  • Will attempt to translate responses at 50% chance.
  • Lifespan: 6 months
  • Notes: Created by a Genesplicer, no side effects

Roll 50%: 1d100: [5] = 5

Sustain 7/8 days
NE-97 Triple Threat Laser Rifle: Payload: 21/14 shots per E-Clip
TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton 100/60 M.D.C.


Murdoc moves around the quonset hut and eyes the sail boat. Not finding any other enemies or the prisoners he calls out, "All clear. Anyone find anything of interest besides the sail boat?" Stopping off to the side, he starts checking over his armor and gear to see what kind of damage he took in the fight, All in all, not too bad. Looks like I took a good hit but the armor's still got some life left in it.

Murdoc moves around the boat trying to judge its size, how many crew it needs and the total number of people it can carry. Then he walks over to Jason and asks, "What do you think? If we have the people that can run it, should we take it out and look around for the floating island?" He shrugs to himself, "Though without a map or even an idea of where we're going, I really don't like the thought of heading out across the sea."
Travis Murdoc

OOC Comments
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 335
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Dhaltuun Onyxforge »

Perception: 1d100: [56] = 56 /34%
Just in Case: 1d20: [10] = 10 ; 1d100: [75] = 75
Conditions:
Similar to the Ley Line Walker's ability, the Shifter can feel the surge of energy whenever a Rift is within 50 miles +20 miles per additional level of experience. He can also tell when a new Rift appears along a ley line he is standing on regardless of the distance. When this happens, a Shifter instantly knows the general direction the Rift is located and whether it is big or small. The Shifter is also able to sense other types of dimensional disturbances such as Teleports and dimensional anomalies that occur within his sensing range. The latter is limited to one-half the Shifter's usual range.
Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/Rifts and not nexus points and ley lines.

Combat Note: Shifters can also use their Dimension Sense to detect when dimension-type spells are cast. This can be a big edge in combat, especially when confronting another Shifter. First, a Dimension Sense must be rolled at the Shifter's normal skill level during combat. This uses up one melee attack as the mage momentarily opens himself up to dimensional energies. A successful roll under the current Base Skill level means the Shifter will detect any dimension-based magic (including Teleports, the opening of portals, etc.) that occurs during that melee round, and if he sacrifices one melee attack per round, he can detect such magic in subsequent melee rounds for up to one minute per level of the Shifter.
If dimension magic is detected, the Shifter who senses it can try to alter the course of the spell.

PPE: 128 at end of post / 143

Conditions:
128/163 P.P.E.,
Armor (Main Body): 46 / 50

Skills:
Lore: Demon 84% – Identify enemies - 1d100: [13] = 13
Lore: Magic -General Knowledge: 74% - Identify enemies - 1d100: [54] = 54
Pilot: Boat – Sail types 89% - is the boat water worthy? - 1d100: [62] = 62
Boat Building 79% - how well is the boat made? - 1d100: [99] = 99
Carpentry 94% - the quality of woodwork - 1d100: [18] = 18
General Maintenance 74% - collect a decent, usable set of tools - 1d100: [45] = 45
Cooking 74% (professional) - the quality of found food - 1d100: [77] = 77
Cooking 74% (professional) - can dhal make the found food last longer if he adds hunted or gathered foodstuffs - 1d100: [25] = 25


Post -

Dhaltuun stands just outside the tree line with a slightly confused look on his face. ” What the Flak?” He doesn't react right away to his surrounding,due to his vision going red with anger, till he hears a voice in the background. As the thoughts of what he would do to the slavers fade from his mind, Dhaltuun looks toward Rory. ” No problem.” With a grateful smile to his fellow Nuhr, Dhal turns to help with the salvage.

Moving over to Teres, ” Mind if I assist? I can see if anything is magic?” He will then look around as well. ((Sense Magic)) ” Maybe we can find some useful, if not interesting loot.” After a few moments as well as a few spells, he hears the others mention a building of some kind. Checking his rifle. Dhal heads over to join Jason and Murdoc at the building. As they approaches, Dhaltuun slings his rifle and draws his TW Firebolt Pistol.

Dhaltuun’s jaw drops as he sees the sailboat. He lets out a wolf whistle. ” What a beauty!! Look at those curves.” He walks around it, letting his hand slide along as he walks. Dhal looks at the sailboat with the eyes of a sailor and shipwright. After he does a complete circuit around the boat, he looks back at the others. ” I think she may be okay to sail. But I will need to do a thorough exam before I can say for sure.” He then realizes Jason was speaking, ” Sorry, boss. Clear!!”

He then moves over to the foodstuff they found. ” Let's see what we got. Hmmm, If I hunt or gather maybe we can stretch this out for a couple more days.” And so with thoughts of new food creations, Dhal helps with investigating the rest of the building. ” Vlad, do what you can to assist. You know your abilities better than I do. Jessie, keep an eye out. You are on protection duty. Marcella, find a good spot and keep your eyes open. You are on recon duty.”

APM: 6 -1 lost due to dimensional magic sense in use

Initiative: 1d20: [16] = 16

Dodges: 1d20+3: [12]+3 = 15 , 1d20+3: [13]+3 = 16 , 1d20+3: [14]+3 = 17 , 1d20+3: [7]+3 = 10 , 1d20+3: [10]+3 = 13 , 1d20+3: [14]+3 = 17

Contingency -
If attacked, Dhal will cast Armor of Ithan
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 80&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
  • Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line
Sense Rifts
  • Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.
Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
  • Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details
Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
  • P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)
Familiar Link
  • Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.
Summoning
  • Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 381
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Jason Long »

Perception: 71% / 1d100: [45] = 45
JIC: 1d20: [8] = 8 / 1d100: [81] = 81

SKILLS:
((Tracking (People)--107% / 1d100: [87] = 87 )) finding and following the creatures' tracks
((Recognize Weapon Quality--92% / 1d100: [100] = 100 )) examining the recovered weapons
((Field Armorer & Munitions Expert 40% / 1d100: [81] = 81 )) checking the damaged rifle to see if it can be repaired
((General Repair & Maintenance—77% / 1d100: [100] = 100 )) checking their gear to repair materials


After Jason and Murdoc clear the hanger, Jason walks the perimeter of the area. On his way, he calls out to Dhaltuun, "There's a nice little toy for you to check out in the hangar. Would you go over it and see if it will do? I'm going to see if I can find these guys' tracks. They should have their own vehicle, or some way to transport air breathing prisoners. " Jason heads towards the water. Where did you guys come ashore. He begins casting back and forth, unwilling to give up on finding their prisoners or at least which way they were taken.

If Jason can find where they came ashore, he will radio the others. He will double check his armor seals and wade in until he can get a good look. He looks to see if there is a vessel or signs where one had touched down. He then returns to the others to tell them what he found.

Jason will go over the gear that Teres recovered, thanking her for policing it up. He double checks the creatures' armor to see if any of it can be salvage as material to repair the team's damaged gear. He also makes sure to grab the damaged rifle to add to the salvaged gear. Who knows, we might be able to fix it, if not, its at least a source of parts. Odd that they didn't carry any spare magazines. I wonder if it means that they have really large magazine capacities, have a cache nearby, or if they just aren't used to our level of resistance.
Jason Long
OOC Comments
HP: 49/21
SDC: 52/52
Triarius Heavy Armor
• Helmet: 100
• Main Body: 200
• Arms: 125 each
• Legs: 150 each
• Arm Shield: 300
Modifiers: -15% to physical skills, +1 to strike with ranged weapons
User avatar
Rory
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:35 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Rory »

Perception: d100: 1d100: [2] = 2 / 21%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: 1d20: [17] = 17 | 1d100: 1d100: [65] = 65
Conditions: Invincible Armor spell (not many minutes remaining)

Skills:
Weapons engineer: 70% / 1d100: [21] = 21

After failing to notice any particular defensive arrangements amongst the ruins, Rory starts looking around to see what she can do.She notices Jason heading toward the water, and decides to tag along. The hangar already had people in it. People plural. Someone wandering around on their own, even Jason, was a risk. A lucky ambush, and they'd be out a leader. She had decided to follow him for safety reasons. It was not, and she stressed the NOT, because she felt really uncomfortable being alone. Nope, not at all.

She catches up to him as he started to cast back and forth, obviously looking for some kind of tracks. She's just about to ask:
"Whatcha lookin' fer, boss?"
when he leaves the water's edge and makes a beeline for Teres. She sighs, and follows.

The salvaged gear was actually quite interesting. The designs were different to anything she'd seen before. She cast her mind back as far as she could to see if she'd ever seen anything like them before. Surely they had some design elements in common with *something* she'd handled before.

Stumped, she sat back on her heels. She was missing something, she was sure of it, but she couldn't put her finger on what. Frustrated with her inability to figure out what she felt was wrong, her face adopted a grumpy cast, and she clomped her way over to the hangar. The sight of the sailboat drove the grumpy look from her face as she just stood there and admired it.

Not an airplane, but the next best thing. A beauty, a real beauty. And look at Dhaltuun. He's in his element here. Good, hopefully it'll help him get over the residual effects of that head knock.

She is not thinking about combat any more. Her focus is purely on practical matters.

Rory.
Status
-Current Hit Points: 42/42
-Current SDC: 18/25
-Current PPE: 121/151

Invincible armor (spell effect)
MDC:100 (regenerates 1d6 MDC/melee rnd)
Offers complete environmental protection from heat, cold, disease, pollution, toxic gases, fumes. Independent oxygen supply.
All energy attacks (magic or mundane) inflict only half damage.
-15 to prowl, climb, swim.
Duration: 12 minutes

Armor: High Magus armor
Helmet: 45
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 30 each
Main Body: 50

Weapons:
Slung over back: Nuhr rune musket rifle
Range: 1,600'
Damage: 6D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 50 blasts (-3 if 3 shots fired)
Weight: 8.5 lbs.
Features: Costs 40 P.P.E. to reload
Modifiers: P.S. <26: -3 to strike

Utility belt: Vibro-axe
Range: Close Combat
Damage: 2D6 M.D.
Payload: 1 E-Clip will last approximately 1 hour
Weight: 4 lbs
OOC Comments
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Teres Barton »

Perception: 1d100: [1] = 1 / 54%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [14] = 14 | 1d100: [30] = 30
Dhal wrote:” Mind if I assist? I can see if anything is magic?”
"Go for it. I'm not on the mandrake division yet," she says looking at the energy rifles and kits. they were not unlike other CS Frogman (Military Beach or aquatic assault troopers) with minimal gear. This lack of gear might be wrong on the surface to a civilian, but it made sense. If you have nothing for the enemy can capture that is ideal. A defeated foe leaving resources for the enemy was to be avoided.

Murdoc wrote:"All clear. Anyone finds anything of interest besides the sailboat?"
Jason wrote:Jason will go over the gear that Teres recovered, thanking her for policing it up. He double checks the creatures' armor to see if any of it can be salvage as material to repair the team's damaged gear. He also makes sure to grab the damaged rifle to add to the salvaged gear. Who knows, we might be able to fix it, if not, its at least a source of parts. Odd that they didn't carry any spare magazines. I wonder if it means that they have really large magazine capacities, have a cache nearby, or if they just aren't used to our level of resistance.
"We have 6 energy rifles that can fire underwater and 6 communicators if my guess is right. Would be a good way to listen for any further attackers or find their base of operations." she offers, "Not a lot of spare mags which means big capacity or they were only scouts. and carrying minimal gear to avoid giving the enemy resources. Tells me they have a base or mobile HQ near. Add in the prisoners not being out here." At this point, she looks at the alien comms for what might be the earpiece or mic on it. could be a psychic or magical device. they do operate underwater. she thinks.
I've got a job, I explore, I follow every little whiff
And I want my life to smell like this
To find a place, an ancient race
The kind you'd like to gamble with


Image

Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 68/88
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with overcoat
Legs: +12 with overcoat
Main Body: +28 with overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Each holds 12 arrows
• Left Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
• Right Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
Quiver x2:
each Holds 24 Arrows.
• 4 Smoke Arrows
• 4 IR Flare Arrows
• 12 MD Arrows
• 4 Neural Disrupter Arrows
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1706
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Consumer »

Road to Redemption: A play in three parts, Part Three, Act One.
Time and Weather wrote:Location: Enganno Island, Indian Ocean
Date: April 19, 111 PA, 12:40 PM (20 minutes have passed)
Weather: High 93°, Low 75°; Clear
Map
Mission Notes
Combat Map
Jason Long: Tracking (People) (Finding and following the creatures' tracks) Jason finds dozens of tracks, most head out into the ocean, from there the trail is lost.
Recognize Weapon Quality (examining the recovered weapons): Jason is sure the weapons are broken.
Field Armorer & Munitions Expert (checking the damaged rifle to see if it can be repaired): Not with his particular set of skills.
General Repair & Maintenance (checking their gear to repair materials) No luck.
Leo Milton: No skills used.
Rufus: No skills used.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge: Lore: Demon (Identify enemies): No idea, they’re not monsters or demons, likely some manner of D-Bee race.
Lore: Magic -General Knowledge (Identify enemies) Not an appropriate skill to identify creatures.
Pilot: Boat – Sail types (is the boat water worthy?): Seems like it from a cursory glance from the outside.
Boat Building (how well is the boat made?): No clue.
Carpentry (the quality of woodwork): Not made of wood.
General Maintenance (collect a decent, usable set of tools): There is enough for a singular tool set, period, no extras.
Cooking (professional) (the quality of found food): Looks edible, that’s all Dhaltuun can tell.
Cooking (professional) (can dhal make the found food last longer if he adds hunted or gathered foodstuffs): This skill is pointless, as of course one could stretch food supplies, by adding more food supplies.
Travis Murdoc: No skills used.
Teres Barton: No skills used.
Rory: No skills used.
Father Josiah Reno: No skills used.
Murdoc searches around a bit more, but in the end nothing interesting is found. The former Juicer turned headhunter turns his attention back to the boat. From the size and shape of the boat, Murdoc guessed two to three people would be needed to pilot the vessel, and it seems big enough to carry everyone, though Leo may need to stay on the deck.
Dhaltuun, having been very late to the party, approaches Teres who has gathered the meager belongings of the creatures into a pile. Dhaltuun casts a spell and looks for magic, but finds none. With that done, Dhaltuun walks away and eventually makes his way to the hangar some several hundred feet away. Inside he looks at the sailboat, and tries to discern several things about it by running his hand along the side of it (See Skills). Before he again wanders off to look at the pile of foodstuff that the creatures had gathered, again Dhaltuun looks it over (See Skills) before sending Marcella out to look around. Dhaltuun looks around for Jessie, but doesn’t see her around.

Jason spends several long minutes walking around and even going into the water to see if he can find an entry point (See Skills), but once it hits the water, there is no trail left to follow. Jason then makes his way to Teres, and looks at the guns, but the alien design perplexes him, and he can make neither heads nor tails of the guns, while considering why these six were so lightly geared.

Rory for her part also makes her way deeper into the area, watching Jason wander about before looking at the pile of rifles on the ground, which look similar to most guns save they have non-standard e-clip ports and a design that seems more streamlined for underwater use. Rory too leaves the pile of guns and makes her way to the Hangar, where she sees the sailboat.

Teres for her part continues to look at the stuff, and ruminate on some random thoughts.

Jessie pops out of the interior of the sailboat. ”She looks serviceable, just need to pull her out of storage and get the mast up, which should be easy for strong folk like us.” Jessie says as she floats down off of the sailboat.


What are your Intentions?

GM Notes: Leo is in Tracker till 12/1

Jason Long: KLS Triarius Heavy Armor 113/200 M.D.C., Shoulder Shield 252/300 M.D.C., Sustain 7/8 days.
Leo Milton: Armor of Ithan 57/80 M.D.C., Environmental Body Armor: 47/80 M.D.C., Sustain 7/8 days.
Rufus: P.P.E.: 196/303; AOI: 80/80 M.D.C., Ring of Invisibility (3/3 charges remaining/24hr), -8 Meal Bars, Sustain 7/8 days.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge: 159/163 P.P.E.; Armored M.D.C. Combat Long Coat: 32/36 M.D.C., Sustain 7/8 days.
Jessie the Valkyrie: Magic Chain Mail: 62/100 M.D.C., Sustain 7/8 days.
Rory: P.P.E.: 121/151; Invincible Armor: 100/100 M.D.C., Sustain 7/8 days.
Travis Murdoc: TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton 60/100 M.D.C., Sustain 7/8 days.
Teres Barton: Branaghan Overcoat: Destroyed, Wrangler Riding Armor (Main Body): 44/85 M.D.C., I.S.P.: 66/88, Sustain 7/8 days.
Father Josiah Reno: Maverick Riding Armor 17/36 M.D.C., Sustain 7/8 days.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Post Reply

Return to “Templar Adventure Forum”