Scheduled Maintenance:
 ! Message from: Tiree
Planned Maintenance Outage: EU and SR
When: 09DEC2020 @ 1800 PDT - approximate outage time 30 minutes

Board Issues: Report Here

SPA pt.1: Mystic Quarter

Out of the Frying Pan: The Spook Squad get in trouble yet again.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Aegis of No Retreat
Game Master

SPA pt.1: Mystic Quarter

Post by Aegis of No Retreat »

[Collegiate]
Ronan successfully heads over to the Collegiate Arcane & Mystic Guild. The awe inspiring medieval campus welcomes the Arismal to the public space. Not a mage himself, he knows that he will be restricted to outdoor areas and is forbidden from entering the College & Guild Hall campus.

Ronan finds himself a bench overlooking a green space where some young acolytes are practicing their magic. Tiny bursts of light, minor feats of levitation and other lesser cantrips are on display.

((feel free to narrate how hours are spent at the Collegiate))

[Uncommon Knowledge (if Zzazz pursues it)]
Zzazz returns to the bookstore and finds a different clerk at the front to greet him. When the Lyvorrk returns to the section he was in previously, the book in question is nowhere to be found.

((Detail how you intend to find the book))
ImageImage
Zzazz

Re: SPA pt.1: Mystic Quarter

Post by Zzazz »

Perception: 1d100 = 70: 70 /31%
JIC: 1d20 = 12: 12 / 1d100 = 6: 6
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 16: 14
APM: 5

Conditions:
- PPE: 94 / 110 at end of post
- ISP: 146 / 158
Sixth Sense (always on / +6 initiative, +2 parry, +3 dodge and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind / 1st round only)
Sense Supernatural Evil (Automatic / Range: 340 ft / 50% = 1d100 = 17: 17 )
PB: 16 ((30% charm/impress))

Skills -
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 35% / 1d100 = 83: 83 - friendly smile
Lore : Magic --General Knowledge: 55%/ 1d100 = 71: 71 - remember info on soul forge
Lore: Demons & Monsters 60%/ 1d100 = 9: 9 - remember info on soul forge
Language: American 97% / 1d100 = 15: 15
Lore : Magic --Recog. Magic Circles, Runes, etc: 20% / 1d100 = 4: 4 - check if any books are “special”
Lore : Magic --Recognize Enchantment 37% / 1d100 = 17: 17 - check if any books are “special”
Lore: Demons & Monsters 60% (+5%) / 1d100 = 84: 84 - remember info on Book wryms
Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic 55% (+5%) / 1d100 = 89: 89 - remember info on Book wryms

Zzazz’s eyes go wide. ” Excuse please? I remember seeing a book in one of the shops I was in. If okay, I will go see if I can get it.’ Zzazz will wait a few moments for a response. With a nod, he rises out of his chair and proceeds towards Slithe.

Approaching his friend, Zzazz sends happy thoughts. ” Hi buddy. I need to go into town for a little while. You need to stay here and guard this area.” He gives some scratches " I will try to pick you up a little something while I am out. “ Looking over at Thumper ’You too. Be good and treats will be earned.” Smiling, Zzazz heads toward the bookstore. Before he goes, he will use his radio ” I am heading out to find the book, if I can. Anyone wanna tag along? With a vehicle or am I walking? Haha.”

Seeing the store up ahead, Zzazz stops and takes a breath. ” My first job as a merc. All I need to do is find that book. As he opens the door, he casts Charismatic Aura, followed by a blink ((Commune with Spirits)) ” A little added personality may help. Meatbags don't like my kind a lot.” He walks in and looks around, in reality, he is searching for any hints of spirits inside the shop. ” If I can find one, maybe a spirit will help me find the book or at least tell me what happened to it.”

[quote=” Consumer”]Zzazz returns to the bookstore and finds a different clerk at the front to greet him. When the Lyvorrk returns to the section he was in previously, the book in question is nowhere to be found.[/ooc]

Zzazz approaches the counter. Looking at the person, zzazz does a slow blink; ” This is not the same one as before.” He approaches the counter. ” Hello. I was here a couple of days ago and was looking for books about exotic reptiles. Can you please direct me to that section?” With a nod, Zzazz continues on to the last location of the book. Seeing the book was not there, Zzazz stops and thinks. ” Hmm.. Maybe the spirits will help.’ First he does a quick cast of detect concealment, in case the book is hidden by magic. After that, he tries Object Read by placing his hand on the bookshelf and concentrating on the book in question. Is still no real info, Zzazz will see if there is a spirit in the area that may be able to help. Last but not least, He does a check for any reptile minds around. ”I remember stories of little dragon type critters called Book wyrms, or something. Maybe there is one around. Doubt it, but can't hurt to try.”

Object Read (6)
[ooc]Duration : Varies; usually about 2D6 minutes - 1d100 = 98: 98
I.S.P. : 6
Base Skill:
Impressions: 64% / 1d100 = 86: 86
Present: 48% / 1d100 = 33: 33[/ooc]

Detect Concealment (6)
[ooc]Range: Area of effect: 30 feet
Duration: Instant
Saving Throw: None
P.P.E. : 6
A magic invocation that will instantly negate any Concealment spell(s) and reveal any object(s) which may have been mystically concealed. Can be directed at a specific area or individual, or made to affect an entire area 30 feet in diameter.[/ooc]

Charismatic Aura (10)]
[ooc]Range: 60 foot radius
Duration : 24 rounds / 6 mins
Saving Throw: Standard.
P.P.E.: 10
instantly enhances that person's Physical Beauty by eight points, and increases his charisma to charm all who behold him.
Friendship/Trust: The first few words spoken will set up the response. Thus, a statement of friendship, peace, or trust will inspire those sentiments in everyone affected.[/ooc]

Commune with Spirits (6)
[ooc]Range: Self
Duration: 8 minutes
I.S.P.: 6
Saving Throw: Standard
Using this power, a psychic can "feel" (not see) the presence of spirits
The term "spirit" includes entities (including ghosts and possessing ones), invisible Astral Travelers/Astral beings, the splintered life essence of a god or Alien Intelligence, the mysterious Indian Spirits, a spirit or demon (or god) possessing a familiar or witch, and imprisoned souls and life essences in rune weapons and similar magical prisons
The psychic can ask the spirit questions by speaking aloud, although the creature often understands the question on an empathic or intuitive level. Only the psychic hears the answer (unless he's using a group trance) and the answer can be in words or powerful emotions (he suddenly feels its hate, fear, anger, sorrow, etc., instead of a verbal response)
It is important to note that the spirit is under no obligation to answer truthfully or to answer at all. Angry and uncooperative spirits may lie, pretend to be somebody else, lash out at the psychic with its own psi-abilities or cause mischief Likewise, the psychic cannot "feel" or sense the creature's alignment, or magic energy, nor can he use any of his other psionic powers while he is in communion with the spirit
Furthermore, the spirit may break off communication at any time, although the psychic can still "feel" if it is within the immediate area (30-foot radius). The psychic can also break contact at any time, but when he does so, he can no longer tell if the spirit is still hanging about.[/ooc]
Aegis of No Retreat
Game Master

[Zzazz]
It takes the Lyvorrk quite a bit of time to settle down into the object read of the bookshelf. "Did you find it?" the front desk individual interrupts, then a second time "Just hollar if you need anything." Agitated at the disruptions, Zzazz is forced to re-initialize the object read twice more ((a total of 3 times)) before he finally gets results.

His vision is of a darkened room. The book is resting upon a dimly lit table. Books are haphazardly stacked in tall piles as if waiting to be organized and put on display. On the floor is the prior front desk employee Zzazz remembers, bound and tied. Zzazz senses that this is the present moment and suspects that the store has a backroom where inventory is organized prior to display.
ImageImage
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Ronan »

JiC: 1d100 = 25: 25 / 1d20 = 19: 19
Perception [34%]: 1d100 = 30: 30

Landing with his pack outside the Collegiate, Ronan enters the mystical gardens with a certain degree of awe about him. Watching the magical displays by the young learners was impressive considering his relative inexperience with magic. Finding a seat within eyeshot of the two floating orbs that hover near the main entryway, he slips out the datastick from his pocket and immediately slips it into his Streetworld Coat pocket, zipping that pocket up. Not really my style but I'll learn to like it, good material and plus, I always hated wearing armor. Being able to go silver also sorta eliminates the need for armor as a whole. Ronan thinks to himself, then turns his attention to the acolytes. Activating his Radar ability every few minutes just to get relative locations of things around him and if anything has changed that maybe is trying to remain unseen.

He'll keep a soldier's eye out for any potential threats or anyone eyeing him just a little too much but make no means of really caring. People gonna have to be really ballsy to try something here. He muses and just sits back and enjoys the view. After awhile, he'll take out the Merctown Pamphlet and familiarize himself with the city, its maps and locations just so he isn't caught with his pants down again should he need to book it. He'll keep his new goggles on and lowered and his earpiece in, listening to anything on his team's frequency.

After about an hour or two of hanging out, assuming he doesn't notice anything noteworthy, he'll slip the data disc back into his dimensional pocket. These pocket's are insane. I love them. He thinks to himself. He won't make an effort to move yet or anything, instead just watching the surroundings. After another quarter hour or so, he'll get up and start walking towards the exit.

Skills
Radar, Estimating Exact Location [74%]: 1d100 = 1: 1 [CRIT 001]
Detect Ambush [69%]: 1d100 = 32: 32
Intelligence [69%]: 1d100 = 64: 64
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (Phase World: Galactic Rogues) | Kianra'Dea (Rifts: Atlantis)
[ooc=Constant Stats and Supers]Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 321/321 (516 w/ MES)
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: Streetwolf MDC Biker Jacker: [12 M.D.C.] | Streetwolf Combat Pants: [8 M.D.C.] | Naruni Heavy Force Field [110 M.D.C.]
Carried: Will Declare but most likely KLS
Carried [Secured in Dimensional Bag]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C | Skorblade Short Blade

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 45% [49%]
Toxins (15+): +3
Magic (varies): +3 [+5]
Lethal Poison (14+): +3 [+5]
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +3 [+5]
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (15+): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +2[/ooc]
Zzazz

Post by Zzazz »

Perception: 1d100 = 67: 67 /31%
JIC: 1d20 = 20: 20 / 1d100 = 70: 70
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 6: 4

Conditions:
- PPE: 82 / 110 at end of post
Sixth Sense (always on / +6 initiative, +2 parry, +3 dodge and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind / 1st round only)
Sense Supernatural Evil (Automatic / Range: 340 ft / 50% = 1d100 = 16: 16 )

Skills -
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 35% / 1d100 = 53: 53 - friendly smile
Language: American 97% / 1d100 = 66: 66

It takes the Lyvorrk quite a bit of time to settle down into the object read of the bookshelf. "Did you find it?" the front desk individual interrupts, then a second time "Just holler if you need anything." Agitated at the disruptions, Zzazz is forced to re-initialize the object read twice more ((a total of 3 times)) before he finally gets results.

His vision is of a darkened room. The book is resting upon a dimly lit table. Books are haphazardly stacked in tall piles as if waiting to be organized and put on display. On the floor is the prior front desk employee Zzazz remembers, bound and tied. Zzazz senses that this is the present moment and suspects that the store has a backroom where inventory is organized prior to display.

Zzazz opens his eyes and closes the link to the spirits. ’ What the hell is going on? I don't understand this. I need to talk to someone about what I saw.” He gives himself a quick frisk. Finding the radio Lahz gave him ((OOC: will add to sheet ASAP)), Zzazz tries a call. ” Hello? Zzazz here. I am at the bookstore named Uncommon Knowledge. I had a vision of the clerk I saw tied up in a back room with the book I am looking for. Bound anf gagged. What do i do? over” He will end his call, then respond to the guy in front. ’ Still looking. So many of interest, I won't be long.” He then looks for high school level textbooks on botany and plants as well as reptiles. He will spend 1000cr total for some titles.
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Ronan »

Ronan Rolls Held wrote:JiC: Original post: 1d100 = 25: 25 / Original post: 1d20 = 19: 19
Perception [34%]: Original post: 1d100 = 30: 30

Skills
Radar, Estimating Exact Location [74%]: Original post: 1d100 = 1: 1 [CRIT 001]
Detect Ambush [69%]: Original post: 1d100 = 32: 32
Intelligence [69%]: Original post: 1d100 = 64: 64
Zzazz wrote:” Hello? Zzazz here. I am at the bookstore named Uncommon Knowledge. I had a vision of the clerk I saw tied up in a back room with the book I am looking for. Bound anf gagged. What do i do? over"
Depending on when this call comes in and how long Ronan has had to let the signal transmit, he'll keep it in the zipped pocket of his jacket and stand. Eh, so the signal moves around a bit, probably best. Maybe I make it disappear in that shop. Ronan muses before answering.

"Rook here. Someone working him over? Anyone else in the shop with you? I'll head to you, stay put." Ronan remarks. Odd that he'd see someone like that. Some sort of second sight? He doesn't seem much like the merc type, ah well, can't let him be bound and gagged too. That'd look bad. Ronan resolves as he heads over to where the store is based on what he read while going over the map a little while ago.

Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (Phase World: Galactic Rogues) | Kianra'Dea (Rifts: Atlantis)
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: Streetwolf MDC Biker Jacker: [12 M.D.C.] | Streetwolf Combat Pants: [8 M.D.C.] | Naruni Heavy Force Field [110 M.D.C.]
Carried [Secured in Dimensional Bag]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C | Skorblade Short Blade

Saving Throw Bonuses
Aegis of No Retreat
Game Master

[Ronan @Collegiate]
Ronan's takes in the fantastical views while waiting outside the Collegiate. While 'relaxing', he activates his radar every once in a while to keep tabs on the goings on in all directions.

About an hour and 45 minutes pass uneventfully before his radar sensitivities trigger concern. Though nearly 10 feet away, vines protruding from the shrubbery behind him begin winding toward him like lovers' arms reaching out for an embrace. Noting this highly extraordinary behavior for vegetation, Ronan casts a quick scrutinizing gaze about and catches two younger mages with line of sight on the shrubs and paying entirely too much focus on him/them. Seeing the eye contact, they immediately discover sudden interest in other things. One appears keenly concerned on a speck on his robe and the other appears to have developed a fondness for staring up at the sun.

Ronan begins rising to his feet with the intention of giving these individuals a stern talking to when his radio chirps with Zzazz's dilemma. Seeing the Arismal on alert, potentially headed their way, the two scurry off, practically tripping over themselves to put distance between them and their former prey. Ronan quickly deduces that he may have been the target of a mystical pickpocketing that has since been foiled by his astute observations.

Deciding it not worth his effort to pursue, Ronan instead radios in his response to Zzazz, indicating his intention to join him momentarily to provide support.

[Zzazz @Uncommon Knowledge pre-Ronan]
Sensing some manner of tomfoolery, Zzazz rightly decides to radio in a request for support from his teammates. It isn't but a moment later that the Lyvorrk hears the comforting sound of Ronan indicating that he is en route. Zzazz's response with the faux front desk clerk is met with a look of irritation. A few minutes later, he hears the clerk's patience boil over.

"Look," he says, the words leaving his mouth covered in venom, "I'm going on break. So I'm going to need you to leave. Come back tomorrow."

If his words were not enough, the clerk begins approaching Zzazz even as he goes through a wall of textbooks stacked into a fort-like perimeter. The Lyvorrk can tell based on his stalking steps that the faux clerk intends to back up his request with violence if necessary.

"Up on your feet. Please. Sir," the final word spoken with as much disrespect and condescension as possible. "Allow me to give you a hand..."

Zzazz sees the man reaching toward him when both hear the playful chitter of the bell set up to ring whenever the front door opens.

((Ronan, you are on-site at Uncommon Knowledge and have just come through the door.))
ImageImage
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Ronan »

Perception: 1d100 = 53: 53 / 34%
JiC: 1d100 = 69: 69 / 1d20 = 10: 10

Conditions: [See Sig]

Skills:
Radar, Interpreting Shapes: 1d100 = 78: 78 / 79%
Radar, Estimating Distance: 1d100 = 79: 79 / 84%
Radar, Estimating Direction: 1d100 = 100: 100 / 84%
Radar, Estimating Speed: 1d100 = 46: 46 / 64%
Radar, Estimating exact location: 1d100 = 58: 58 / 74%

Detect Ambush: 1d100 = 4: 4 / 69% (Watch for signs of aggression and/or attack)
Prowl: 1d100 = 67: 67 / 69% (Step softly in the bookstore)
Invoke Trust: 1d100 = 7: 7 / 24%

As Ronan enters the motley book shop, he'll ping his radar again to get a general sense of objects in the main room. Yup, looks like a library. Ronan muses, careful not to step on any books that may be around the room. Moving around the shop, one might say the Arismal appears a tad out of place in the bookshop wearing a black leather rider's jacket and FLC, black cargo pants with a set of goggles and no visible weapons to speak of.

If/when he spots Zzazz and the irritable clerk, he'll nod his head up in a 'sup' fashion. "Gentlemen, how we doing?" Ronan asks, moving towards them. His eyes narrowing beneath his goggles if he catches the clerk attempting to put hands on Zzazz, for removal or otherwise. He'll tip his goggles to the clerk but keep them on and cycle through the multi-optics.

Active Abilities:

Active Gear:

Saving Throw Bonuses
Aegis of No Retreat
Game Master

[Ronan & Zzazz @Uncommon Knowledge]
Anger and frustration flare in the desk clerk's eyes when Ronan makes his entrance. "Closed. Can't you read the sign?" he says even though a quick glance at the sign on the front door will only show it turning sides just now, as if manipulated by an invisible hand.

Ronan covers the distance (very) quickly and reaches out to intercept the clerk's hand reaching down for Zzazz.

Neither the clerk reaching down to grab Zzazz, nor Ronan reaching over to intercept the outreached hand, happen. Instead, Ronan's fingers ricochet off an invisible forcefield. The ripples of its integrity suggesting the erecting of a protective bubble around the clerk.

Mirroring Ronan's narrowed eyes, the clerk's contract into angry slits. "Who are you? What are you doing here?!" he states with authority unbefitting of his situation (being outnumbered). "I am giving you one last chance to leave."

((If you intend to escalate to fight... Combat posts!))
ImageImage
Zzazz

Post by Zzazz »

Perception: 1d100 = 47: 47 /31%
JIC: 1d20 = 8: 8 / 1d100 = 99: 99
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 9: 7 +6 if sixth sense activates

Conditions:
Sense Supernatural Evil (Automatic / Range: 340 ft / 50% = 1d100 = 86: 86 )

Skills -
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 35% / 1d100 = 55: 55 - friendly smile
Language: American 97% / 1d100 = 71: 71

Zzazz cocks hid his head to the side in a look of confusion. ’ I don’t understand. I am willing to trade credits for books. Why are you pushing me out?” Zzazz will be wary and watch for trouble as he holds his position.

Watching as the clerk move, Zzazz will ready a spell ((Blinding Flash)). He will hold it till there is a sign of threat then he will cast it. ” No need to be like that!! I am willing to leave once I have made my purchase.” as soon as he says something about giving a hand, Zzazz lets off his spell followed by some quick self-defence moves he picked up along the way. ” Fine. Let’s play.’

As soon as the flash fades, Zzazz jumps to his feet and throws out a clawed foot, In an attempt to push the clerk backwards. Seeing space open up between them, zzazz lets out an evil-sounding hiss and makes his move. Taking a small leap, he launches himself into the air, delivering a dropkick to the clerk as he stumbles back.

Initiative: 1d20+8 = 9: 1

A1) Blinding Flash
A2) Get to feet
A3) Karate kick ((this is sparta type)) Strike: 1d20+4 = 20: 16 Damage: 2d4 = 6: 2, 4
A4-5) leap kick Strike: 1d20+4 = 21: 17 Damage: 2d6 = 9: 3, 6 / Crit

Dodges: 1d20+8 = 24: 16, 1d20+8 = 15: 7, 1d20+8 = 17: 9, 1d20+8 = 22: 14, 1d20+8 = 26: 18, 1d20+8 = 26: 18,

((OOC: Gm, please advise if sixth sense goes off)))
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Ronan »

Perception: 1d100 = 27: 27 / 34%
JiC: 1d20 = 4: 4 / 1d100 = 46: 46

Conditions: [See sig] ;; Silver Armor [+195 MDC] | Fleshworks, Control Flesh | Radar still active

Skills:
Detect Ambush: 1d100 = 43: 43 / 69% (Watch for signs of a third party)
Prowl: 1d100 = 22: 22 / 69% (Make the guy land on the ground as quietly as possible.)
Invoke Intimidation: 1d100 = 12: 12 / 24% (Stop aggression)

Combat:
APM: 7
Initiative: 1d20+8 = 18: 10

A1: Audibly sigh and activate his Silver Armor, encasing his body and effects in a coat of Silver. [MDC: 195 MDC]
A2: Fleshworks: Flesh Control. Fleshworks to give the individual a lump or hitch in his throat.
A3-4: Literally backhand the storekeeper with power punch to knock him to the ground and hopefully remove his personal shield. Strike: 1d20+8 = 23: 15 | DMG: 2d6*10 = 70: 5, 2 M.D.C.

Following Actions contingent on if the Storekeep lost his shield/magic forcefield
If his shield pops
A5-7: Grab the store keep by the throat and pick him off the ground. Strike/Grab: 1d20+8 = 14: 6 | This will ideally end initial combat with the store keep. He needs to break out of a SN Vice-grip to break free.

If his shield is still up
A5: Body Flip the Store keep onto the ground (or pin him to the ground). Strike: 1d20+8 = 24: 16
A6: Let him see a large silver fist plummeting towards his face as he is punched, shield or no. Strike: 1d20+8 = 17: 9 | DMG: 1d6*10 = 30: 3 M.D.C.
A7: Punch him again if his shield doesn't break. If it does, see above grapple attempts Strike: 1d20+8 = 16: 8 | DMG: 1d6*10 = 30: 3

Audo-Dodges: 1d20+4 = 13: 9 | 1d20+4 = 10: 6 | 1d20+4 = 6: 2 | 1d20+4 = 22: 18 | 1d20+4 = 7: 3 | 1d20+4 = 15: 11 | 1d20+4 = 23: 19
Parries [w/ silver arms]: 1d20+12 = 25: 13 | 1d20+12 = 17: 5 | 1d20+12 = 32: 20 | 1d20+12 = 24: 12 | 1d20+12 = 25: 13 | 1d20+12 = 24: 12 | 1d20+12 = 19: 7

When Ronan spots the sign flip from as the disgruntled storekeeper verbally lashes out at him, the arismal sighs. Yup, this is escalating. He thinks as Zzazz initiates his blinding flash and audibly growls in annoyance but is thankful for his new goggles. These things are fantastic. He muses as he coats himself with Silver and extends his Fleshworks to give the storekeep a hitch in his throat. I remember these mages needed to speak to do most of their flashy stuff. He reasons as he then approaches the mage and backhands him with a powerful wallop meant the both send the store keep to the ground and break his barrier that was around him.

If Ronan can see the barrier is broken, he will reach down and pick up the store keep by the throat and look to his reptilian ally. "That escalated quickly. Why don't you finish selling my friend his book?" Ronan says in a voice bereft of compassion.

Otherwise, if the man's shield remains active, he will attempt to pin him and beat on him until the shield pops. Picking him up and saying the above.

Active Abilities:

Active Gear:

Saving Throw Bonuses
Aegis of No Retreat
Game Master

((Apologies. Sixth sense did go off once Ronan made his entrance and the clerk's body language changed. Bonuses will be applied to this round's combat. You are welcome to apply it to next round also to compensate for my oversight.))

In spite of the clerk's warning, both Zzazz and Ronan quickly identify the potential hostility and leap to action.

Ronan encases himself in a suit of skin-tight silver. While Zzazz weaves an almost reflexive incantation, creating a blinding flash in the room. The clerk manages to get his arm up to shield his eyes and seems to shrug it off. Ronan's nanite goggles immediately kick in and protect the Arismal's delicate sensitivities to light. In response, Ronan reaches out and manipulates a lump into the clerk's throat. It does not seem to slow him down much.

[ooc="Invalidated dice"] 1d4 = 3: 3[/ooc]

The clerk focuses its attention on Ronan, the silvered man, a moment and the Arismal feels his entire body sieze up, no longer responding, locked in paralysis. Zzazz takes advantage of the opportunity and scrambles to his feet before landing a beautiful push kick that sends the clerk backward two feet before he ricochets on the telekinetic forcefield currently encompassing the two ((Zzazz and the clerk inside. Ronan outside the TK-FF)). It becomes clear now that when Ronan had reached for the clerk before, the collision was not against personal protection, but rather this static forcefield bubble.

"I suppose there is no use in continuing the ruse... Good-bye." the clerk's voice speaks in a hoarse croak of a whisper. Both Ronan and Zzazz hear grinding sounds as if some portion of the wall stoneworks was shifting. Zzazz quickly deduces the possibility that there is a secret passageway to the location in his vision. The telekinetic forcefield is almost certainly cancelled.

Though immobilized, Ronan sees the clerk heading toward a newly revealed secret stairwell in the back of the store.

Round 1 Summary
Zzazz: -1 PPE. Bio-manipulation: Blind ((roll save vs psi each melee round as per biomanipulation house rules))
Ronan: Bio-manipulation: Paralysis ((roll save vs psi each melee round as per biomanipulation house rules))

((Still combat actions if you wish it.))

((Note: Zzazz, if you save against the blindness, you will see the clerk making his way toward an opening toward a stairwell heading down that has been revealed by the sliding of a bookshelf to the side.))
ImageImage
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Ronan »

Perception: 1d100 = 50: 50 / 34%
JiC: 1d100 = 44: 44 / 1d20 = 9: 9

Save vs Psionics: 1d20+2 = 21: 19

Conditions: Silver Armor [195/195 MDC | Bio-Aura makes it encase all of his belongings up to 100lbs] | Radar [+4 on initiative. +2 to parry and dodge. +2 to strike. One additional attack per melee. No minuses apply when blinded or in darkness. | 1,000ft]

Skills:
Detect Ambush: 1d100 = 33: 33 / 69%
Streetwise: 1d100 = 77: 77 / 36%

Radar Rolls: (Forgot earlier)
Interpreting Shapes: 1d100 = 18: 18 / 79%
Estimating Distance: 1d100 = 78: 78 /84%
Estimating Direction: 1d100 = 78: 78 /84%
Estimating Speed: 1d100 = 60: 60 /64%
Estimating exact location: 1d100 = 44: 44 /74%

Combat:
APM: 7
Initiative: 1d20+8 = 26: 18

A1-3: Encase the Clerk entirely in Silver, starting from his legs up to stop his movement. [Duration: 60 Minutes | Range: 24 ft | If vulnerable to silver, negates bio regen and does 6d6 MDC per melee. | MDC: 70 | They suffocate in 1d6+3 = 6: 3 minutes | There is no save.]
A4: Walk over and tap the silver encased man, witty barbs.
A5: Radar ping down the secret tunnel, check for other bodies along the path.
A6: Reserved for possibly freezing another person, maybe their head this time (a single body part only takes a melee action)
A7: Reserved for possibly needing an extra second or so to freeze the clerk.

Parries [w/ Silver Arms]: 1d20+12 = 29: 17 | 1d20+12 = 28: 16 | 1d20+12 = 23: 11 | 1d20+12 = 23: 11 | 1d20+12 = 28: 16 | 1d20+12 = 26: 14 | 1d20+12 = 30: 18
Auto-Dodges: 1d20+4 = 24: 20(Nat20) | 1d20+4 = 18: 14 | 1d20+4 = 5: 1(Nat1) | 1d20+4 = 15: 11 | 1d20+4 = 7: 3 | 1d20+4 = 23: 19 | 1d20+4 = 7: 3

Ronan scowls as he impacts the telekinetic wall. An invisible wall? Really? This guy is starting to annoy me. Ronan thinks harshly as he feels his body freeze up and the clerk tries to escape. "Oh, ho, ho. No." Ronan says coldly and manifests silver which slowly begins crawling up the clerks body. "There, now we'll both be frozen." Ronan snarls as he watches the silver fully encase the clerk.

He'll eye Zzazz; "Stay calm, lizard man. He's stuck, let's collect our bearings and see what's behind door number one." Ronan says to Zzazz as he tries to regain the movement of his body. Once he does, he will roll his neck and walk to the encased clerk and tap on the head of it twice. "He'll probably suffocate in a couple minutes, I'll let him go in about that time. Should be long enough to make him pass out. He did say it was a ruse, right?" Ronan says to Zzazz with a shrug.

He'll move in first, under the silver armor, and investigate the next room.

[hr][/hr]
[ooc=Matter Expulsion: Silver (HU:AU | Page 18)]This power was mutated from Control Elemental Forces: Water via thistransaction
  1. Metal (Silver) Armor == A.R.: 16 | +8 P.S. | +3 P.E. | +15 H.P. | +180 S.D.C. | +8 H2H DMG | +1 Parry/Disarm (can use arms/body)
  2. Shoot Silver Shards == Range: 40 feet (12 m) +10 feet (3 m) per level | 1d6 M.D.C./Lvl (Can be scaled per d6) | Duration: Instant, Shard disintegrates after 30 seconds
  3. Create Silver Hand-Held Weapon == 1 Action to Summon | Any Ancient Weapon | +3 to DMG, plus normal DMG | Duration: Permanent while held, can be dismissed, will
  4. Encase in Silver: The character can encase objects or people in silver.
    1. Small Objects: Size of a typical microwave | 1-2 seconds to encase, 1 APM | Smaller targets or specific body parts take 2-5 seconds and 2 APM (Called Shot) | AR of Silver: 15 | 25 M.D.C. (+10 M.D.C./Lvl)
    2. Large Objects/Targets: Ex. Loveseat, 50-Gal Drum, Half a body | 4-6 Seconds, 2 APM | Silver A.R.: 14 | 15 M.D.C. + 10 M.D.C./Lvl
    3. Note: Beings Vulnerable to Silver take 3d6 M.D.C. per round of being trapped, any bio-regeneration or healing is slowed and takes twice as long to heal.
    4. Very Large: Bodies up to 10 feet tall, or objects about the size of a King Size Bed | 7-10 Seconds | 4 APM | AR 12 | 10 M.D.C. + 10 M.D.C./Lvl
    5. Note: If vulnerable to silver, completely negates bio-regeneration and does 6d6 M.D.C. per melee
    6. The metallic casing weighs as much as the corresponding amount of steel (250lbs for avg humanoid)
    7. Range: Touch or 4 feet (1.2 m) per level of experience.
    8. Damage: None unless they have a vulnerability to silver and then the damage is as noted above. For those without any vulnerability to silver there is no damage unless the head is covered, and no oxygen can get through. Anyone needing air will suffocate in 1D6+3 minutes after their air supply is cut off.
    9. Duration: 10 minutes per level.
  5. Wall of Silver: The super being can erect a solid wall of silver 5 feet (1.5 m) high by 5 feet (1.5 m) wide by 2 feet (0.6 m) thick per level of experience. It takes one melee attack to erect each 5-foot (1.5 m) section. The wall has an A.R. of 15 and 100 M.D.C., +10 additional M.D.C. per level of experience. The wall disappears at the end of the duration.
    Duration: 3 minutes per level of experience.
[/ooc]

Active Abilities:

Active Gear:

Saving Throw Bonuses
Aegis of No Retreat
Game Master

Ronan wills silver tendrils to materialize and pool, rapidly encapsulating the clerk. In mere seconds, he becomes a statue (with an organic core) of himself mid-step just outside the secret door. His facial expression, along with the pose of his body could humorously be interpretted as a snapshot of an individual who just discovered that they accidentally stepped in a pile of manure and whose look of utter surprise and disgust as their foot is being pulled out has been momentously preserved in impeccably shiny silver.

The Arismal is further enlivened as he shakes off the psychic paralysis and finds his body's motor skills to be his own once more.

Striding confidently, he moves past the clerk-statue, armoring himself in similar material almost as an homage to a beautific expression of art-realism, before heading down dimly lit stairs.

Below, Ronan fully anticipates a musky basement. Instead, he makes his way past some manner of special environmental transfer space (though clearly without any sort of security passcode), entering what can only be described as a hermetically sealed vault designed for the preservation of antique books. Not particularly well-organized, piles of books are accumulated in person-tall stacks, seemingly in preparation of organization and resale in the storefront above.

There is a large rectangular table at the center of the room. Dimly lit (so as not to damage any of the books), at its center, looks to be some manner of ancient mystical-looking tome, currently closed. At the foot of the table, an individual is bound and gagged. He writhes helplessly at the sound of footsteps, but is currently facing away from the entryway.

"This is the place of my vision..." Zzazz hisses from behind Ronan. Strangely, though the Arismal beckoned the Lyvorrk down with him, he did not hear Zzazz on the way down and is mildly caught by surprise by his voice. Even more unexpectedly, Zzazz slips by Ronan, practically slithering between gaps in his well-muscled silver body. And bee-lines toward the table. Ronan can see Zzazz fixated on the book rather than the bound person.
ImageImage
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Ronan »

Perception: 1d100 = 41: 41 / 34%
JiC: 1d100 = 19: 19 / 1d20 = 13: 13

Conditions: Silver Armor [195/195 MDC | Bio-Aura makes it encase all of his belongings up to 100lbs] | Radar [+4 on initiative. +2 to parry and dodge. +2 to strike. One additional attack per melee. No minuses apply when blinded or in darkness. | 1,000ft] | Sense Health of Flesh [15 ft | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.]

Skills:
Interrogation: 1d100 = 29: 29 / 89% (Question the hanging individual)
Intelligence: 1d100 = 24: 24 / 69% (Tell if they are lying/being truthful)
Detect Ambush: 1d100 = 22: 22 / 69% (Watch for signs of attack/ambush)

Nearly jumping at the sound of the lizard man behind him, Ronan scowls to himself. That guy is going to be seriously fortunate if I don't end up clocking him one of these days. Ronan ponders to himself. Noting the hanging body, he almost points it out to Zzazz but pauses as the lizard man is drawn to the book and shrugs.

Extending his sense of flesh, he will see what he can read off the individual hanging before fabricating a silver sword into his hand and walking around to face them. Holding the sword to the individual's face, he'll stare at them through his silvered gaze.

"You have once chance now; who are you and why are you bound. Lie to me, and I'll kill you where you sway. Be forthright, and I will cut you loose." Ronan says coldly, showing little remorse to the restrained, upside down individual as he was just manhandled by a clerk's mind earlier, his patience is limited.

Active Abilities:

Active Gear:

Saving Throw Bonuses
Zzazz

Post by Zzazz »

Perception: 1d100 = 21: 21 /31%
JIC: 1d20 = 16: 16 / 1d100 = 21: 21
Initiative: 1d20+8 = 11: 3 sixth sense activates

Conditions:
Sense Supernatural Evil (Automatic / Range: 340 ft / 50% = 1d100 = 89: 89 )

Skills -
Intimidate: 35% / 1d100 = 7: 7 - evil smile
Language: American 97% / 1d100 = 60: 60

Zzazz feels the pull of something as he descends the stairs. ” What is that?? I...need….to...know.” Damn near drooling as he whispers to Ronan. With a flick of his tongue, he advances on the book and table. As he gets close, he is now wringing his hands together, like he is looking at a feast.

’ Why do I feel drawn to the book? I must know.” He sits cross-legged on the floor, facing the table. Closing his eyes, he thinks on the issue. ”I get no eerie feeling from this book. Let me see if there is anything in the “other” realm.” He slowly blinks and turns to look at Ronan. ’Something wants me to take the book. Cover me please while i get the spirit world for more info.” With that said, Zzazz squares his shoulders and starts.

First, he opens himself to the SN. Then he activates some psionics. With no movement, he activates his Commune with Spirits, just in case there are any around. Finally taking a deep breathe he reaches out and touches the book with his hand as he uses object read. ’Spirits, tell me about this book and why i need to have it.”

Return to “Spook Squad Adventure Forum”