SPA pt.1: Warrens

Out of the Frying Pan: The Spook Squad get in trouble yet again.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Aegis of No Retreat
Game Master
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:46 am
Location: GM: Spook Squad

SPA pt.1: Warrens

Post by Aegis of No Retreat »

Members of the Spook Squad head to the Warrens. The task set before them is clear. They need to find and eliminate the CS black ops team linked to the Soul Forge.

((Please detail your investigative methods. I will try to rapid-response to inquiries as they come up.))
ImageImage
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 502
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: SPA pt.1: Warrens

Post by Vheld »

JIC: 1d20 = 5: 5, 1d100 = 90: 90
PER: 1d100 = 41: 41 vs. 79%[ooc=Conditions]
  • Charismatic Aura, R:UE P. 204, 10.0m remaining, PB +8.
  • Mental protection tattoo, WB2 P. 91, 6.0m remaining, impervious to mind control and +3 to save vs. psychic attack.
[/ooc]Intelligence- 1d100 = 29: 29 vs. 95%
To try an synthesize the clues they’ve collected thus far, and identify the likeliest bases of operation for the CS team.
Detect Ambush- 1d100 = 78: 78 vs. 99%
As a precaution while moving through the Warrens
Undercover Ops- 1d100 = 18: 18 vs. 59%
To look like he belongs in the Warrens.
Wayne Northblade wrote:"Who, pray tell, are these Federation friends of yours? I have...ties there... To ape our good mage, Vheld, I can guarantee that the Federation will be interested in this type of magic. Hell, you could put a soul in a rock and they'd give you a house for it."
Vheld smiles mirthlessly. ”Sounds lucrative to me. As for our friends, just some soldiers from Dunscon. Allies of convenience during a recent mission in the area might be a better description. And a dragon.” He certainly seems very interested. Vheld keeps a cold, hard eye on the cyber-knight for the rest of the discussion. What’s his game? Did Thorn really recommend him?
Lahz wrote:"Shortsighted? Ouch hehehe ... I don't mind a business opportunity I really don't. But without info on how long the ritual process takes, what materials are needed, etc., it seems unwise to bank on it as a business. Shoot the damn alchemist in the Mystic Quarter is taking 6 months to fill 3 simple orders ... if the process is going to be all we do from here on, well that may be less interesting for those of us without a magical focus."
Vheld shrugs. ”Good questions, which I cannot answer. It may be that the costs in time and materiel will be too great for taking full advantage of the soul forge- I certainly have no wish to become some sort of shopkeeper. But even so, we could sell what we find to the Federation for a pretty penny. Likely more than the pittance we got for going toe-to-toe with Nxla, anyway.”

As the team leaves, Vheld heads to the garage and addresses his minions. ”Birga, remain here. Guard this building, and keep an eye out for trespassers or a return of those people from earlier. Do not engage unless they attempt to enter the Haunt, merely observe and be prepared to report upon my return. If it does come to battle, try to take at least one alive so that we may interrogate them. You can have your fun afterwards. The rest of you, shift to your invisible forms and follow me.” Should Lahz decide that it is necessary for Ronan to take their decoy into the collegiate proper, Vheld will order Skarrah to assume Vheld's form, and accompany and obey Ronan.

Vheld cuts a solitary figure atop Sil, with all of his remaining minions floating invisibly behind him. If it is late in the day, or the area they’ll be investigating is otherwise well-shrouded in shadows, Vheld will cast cloak of darkness and shadow meld on himself and Sil ((-26 PPE, not deducted)). As Vheld himself isn’t much of an investigator, he’ll hang back from the others (ideally sticking to shadows passages and alleys and the like) and passively observe, and ponder their next move.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (33d remaining)
PPE: 314/329 (Vheld), 1100/1100 (Energy sphere), 83/83 (Sil). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 500/500 (Skarrah). MDC: 1200/1200 (Bakir), 187/187 (Birga).
Talismans: 3/3 on Vheld IA
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Wayne Northblade
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 9:07 am

Re: SPA pt.1: Warrens

Post by Wayne Northblade »

Perception: 1d100 = 67: 67/49%
JIC: 1d20 = 3: 3/ 1d100 = 47: 47

Find Contraband: 1d100 = 67: 67/47% to find the right person to talk to about bounties.
Streetwise: 1d100 = 62: 62/36% to check out his surroundings and his place in them.
Barter: 1d100 = 100: 100/46% to figure out a price for information.


"A Dragon. Named... Peaches?" Wayne cocks his masked head to the side, the equivalent of raising an eyebrow if they could see his face. Fucking seriously? "Fucking seriously? Did anyone tell Peaches... nevermind. You can't tell a dragon a single solitary thing." He starts mumbling to himself a bit. "Peaches... that's the most ridiculous goddamned named I've ever heard in my life. And for a Dragon?! It couldn't have been Krortax the Damnable or Attrigan Smokemist?"

Wayne solidifies his understanding of the game plan and then heads into the Warrens to help find the CS squad that's after them. He walks over to The Gunman's Tavern and plops himself down at the bar. When the bartender comes to take his order, he says "I'm looking for some info on a bounty. Am I in the right place?" If the bartender is amenable, grab a bar napkin and write a note.
Super Secret Napkin wrote:Coalition. Spook Squad. ?
He brings out his Black card and transfers 100 credits to the bartender and waits for an answer.
User avatar
Grimloq
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:27 pm

Re: SPA pt.1: Warrens

Post by Grimloq »

Perception vs 31%: 1d100 = 88: 88
Thumper Perception vs 20%: 1d100 = 56: 56
JIC: 1d100 = 12: 12| 1d20 = 6: 6
Horsemanship:Cowboy vs 82%: 1d100 = 80: 80
Detect Ambush vs 60%: 1d100 = 45: 45
Streetwise 42%: 1d100 = 27: 27

Grimloq will head out to the minefield and meet up with Thumper. Patting her neck, he will give slithe a respectful nod. ”Stay here girl. I am going into the city.” Grimloq will bring his shotgun and hammer with him, along with one length of his MDC rope, tied into a lasso. as he moves to leave the Haunt itself. I am not a bounty hunter. I have no experience hunting a target in an urban terrain. ”Lets go find a group of assholes in a city of shit.” Grimloq says to no one in particular as he heads out of the Haunt.

He will meander down the streets, towards the Warrens. When he finally arrives, the Grackle will poke his head in a few storefronts, not really heading anywhere particular. He is more trying to see if anyone may be tailing him, or any of his companions. He will check in regularly on his comms, with his location to the others, but little else.

Eventually he takes interest in Robyn’s Rib Rack and Beer Shack and heads in. If there is a bar type of area in the restaurant, he will slide into a seat and order a half rack of ribs and a Slam, curious as to how it is marketed. ”Any bookies work this joint? Im looking for some information while I eat.” Grimloq asks the bartender as he pulls out a credit chit and settles in, keeping tabs on anyone entering the establishment after him.
Grimloq
Grimloq
MDC:30/130

Maverick Riding Armor DESTROYED
Hat: -/10
L. Arm: -/12 | R. Arm: -/12
Body: -/36
L. Leg: -/16 | R. Leg: -/16
Thumper
L. Front Leg: 18/18 103/103 | R. Front Leg: ]8/18 103/103
L. Rear Leg: 25/25 103/103 | R. Rear Leg 25/25 103/103
Head: 50/50 136/136 | Small Center Horn: 15/15
Tail: 116/116 | Main Body: 90/90 140/180
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 447
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: SPA pt.1: Warrens

Post by Lahz »

Perception [45%]: 1d100 = 48: 48 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 20: 20
JiC D100: 1d100 = 86: 86

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 99%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Frustrated/on Edge, Vengeful] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Roadrunner PA

ISP: 125/221 ISP

Telemechanics [99%]: 1d100 = 77: 77

[hr][/hr]

Before anyone leaves, Lahz will upload a new set of encryption algorithms for the team's radios, "Everyone stay in contact please. If you are landing at a location please radio. A hunt is all well and good but they know what we look like, they have been watching us for some time, we do not know them yet. Let's try and keep backup available wherever possible. They are not supposed to have longarms but they have grenade launchers they are carting around the Hub ... that suggests they are not going to be as easy as one might hope. The goal is Intelligence prior to execution. We need to know who knows they are here. Feel free to extract to the Hangar. Merctown allows folks to cash in bounties, so the transport of prisoners should be pretty easy."

Cryptography 70%: 1d100 = 28: 28

Clad in his PA-002G Roadrunner Power Armor, Lahz watches Ronan depart for the Mystic Quarter, then issues direction to Ray, "Alright Ray, you are on shadow duty tonight. I am going to walk over and get a cab at the valet out front of the Palace. You drive the GAW Hum-Vee [SUV] tonight. Maintain a variable following distance no more than 1 block unless it would draw attention, in which case you will radio to advise of the divergence. We will be securing people for questioning, so you will need to be ready to pull up so we can toss prisoners into the back."

The Elf then turns to Mierin, "If you would not mind a charade and a bit of a walk, I figure you and I can walk around the Warrens with pretty minimal support. Ray and the others can act as backup but we only have images on 3, so we do not know what the majority of this CS squad looks like ... I'm going to show Thorn the images we have so far, but after that maybe you and I can go collect the Bomb-Maker. I think if we take him, and maybe one more alive, that will likely draw in a rescue attempt from his crew. What do we think?"

*With Queen along, a pistol, and a knife, I am about as safe as anywhere in Merctown other than here onder this roof. I am leaving Aurelia and Kaiya here ... Oh I have to warn her not to go out until this is resolved. She's going to be a pain, but it is what it is.* If no one has any objections Lahz will grab a small bag of items from his room and the garage, then Lahz will don a heavy oversized trenchcoat before walking over to Palace Casino to get a taxi. When he does, Lahz will trigger Psionic Seeking first to locate the Bomb Maker.

Psionic Seeking [Rifter 25], 6 ISP, Range: 9 mile, 45.00 min, 91%: 1d100 = 28: 28

[ooc="Items"]Armored Sharp-Duster/Long-Coat (Black)
Laser Eavesdropping Device
(3) Roll of Duct Tape
(12) Heavy Zip Ties[/ooc]

When a Taxi is hired, Lahz will engage the cabby early on in conversation, "Look I know you are on a by the mile or by the minute clock for waiting. You ok with 1 fare the whole night, a 10,000 tip, and you'll forget you ever saw us?"

He will then direct the driver to wherever his psychic seeking leads him to locate the Bomb Maker. *Shoot before taking them out to the Hangar, maybe I should swing the guy by a Warrens Cyberdoc. Get his eyes removed. Will make ID'ing us harder, and folks hate the unknown. Then again a headbag probably works too ... or Duct Tape.*

[ooc="Merctown Taxi (#70)"]MercTown Taxi is reputable, its drivers friendly, and they know the streets like the back of their hands (half are or were Runner City Rats). Cost is either a flat fee of 10 credits to any location in town for a one way trip, or one credit per minute for multiple stops or driving service over a period of time[/ooc]

------ Ray the Robot ------
Amplified Hearing: Can hear sounds as quiet as 10 decibels as far away as 500'.
Pilot: Automobile 96%: 1d100 = 44: 44
Intelligence 90%: 1d100 = 61: 61

Ray (hopefully) follows at a distance as directed and radios as appropriate.
Lahz D'Gemmel
[ooc]ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))[/ooc]
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 604
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC
Contact:

Re: SPA pt.1: Warrens

Post by Mierin »

Perception: 1d100 = 14: 14 (82%)
JIC: 1d20 = 12: 12, 1d100 = 34: 34

Intelligence 1d100 = 65: 65 (85%)
Streetwise 1d100 = 86: 86 (77%)

Conditions:
Multi-Optic eyes
[ooc]Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet
Light Filters: Reduces glare[/ooc]

Mierin blinks at Lahz when he explains how his wife and daughter came back. Interesting. Mierin. briefly wonders what she would have asked for, had she been on that mission. Power? Money? Weapons? Figuring it was a moot point, Mierin turns her attention back to the mission at hand. She doesn't bother correcting Lahz on the idea that she had been on vacation. She had actually been working, but felt the explanation would be too long and Mierin doesn't feel like going into it at this time. When she recognizes the symbols on medals on display and realizes that these CS operatives were part of a Black Ops group that no one would notice if they disappeared which helps allay some of her concerns. Mierin is still not 100% convinced this is a good idea, but since everyone else is on board, she figures arguing would just waste of time at this point.
The Elf then turns to Mierin, "If you would not mind a charade and a bit of a walk, I figure you and I can walk around the Warrens with pretty minimal support. Ray and the others can act as backup but we only have images on 3, so we do not know what the majority of this CS squad looks like ... I'm going to show Thorn the images we have so far, but after that maybe you and I can go collect the Bomb-Maker. I think if we take him, and maybe one more alive, that will likely draw in a rescue attempt from his crew. What do we think?"
Mierin nods at Lahz. ”Sounds like a plan.” Mierin then quickly heads up to her room and makes sure she's earing her two earrings (Talisman of Chameleon and Talisman of Invisibility) and grabs her Wilks Hideaway pistol and a Vibroknife. After a second, Mierin grabs 5 of tranquilizer/sleep drug, 5 truth serum and 5 paralysis drug doses for her Palm Neede/Drug Dispenser and puts them in her pocket. Mierin walks with Lahz to to the Palace Casino. Getting into the cab, Mierin tries to figure out where'd they'd be staying (see intelligence and streetwise rolls). They'd want to avoid detection at all costs. Emma's? It's relatively quiet and undisturbed by gangs. Ravenshome? Also quiet, but doubtful since you'd need to be a member or guest to book a room. Still worth checking to be thorough.
Mierin
"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies


Stats & Stuff
ISP: 31/35
HP:32/57
SDC: 24/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

CA-3 Light “Dead Boy” Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated) (DESTROYED)
Helmet--70/70, Arms--60/60, Legs--80/80, Main Body--100/100
Force Field: 0/160 (DEPLETED)
User avatar
Aegis of No Retreat
Game Master
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:46 am
Location: GM: Spook Squad

Re: SPA pt.1: Warrens

Post by Aegis of No Retreat »

[Vheld]
Vheld dons some inconspicuous clothing, addresses his minions and heads to the Warrens atop Sil's back. Cloaked in magical darkness, the duo find various perches to watch the movement of detritus that is the Warrens. He and his invisible minion retinue keep a watchful eye as dusk slips into the darkness of evening. With the sun's departure, activity seems to pick up considerably. Shadows flit in the dimly lit alleyways and the streets come alive with shady individuals engaging in clandestine meetings.

Vheld nonetheless continues to blend in, looking like he belongs as he surveys the streets of the Warrens to determine a likely base of operations for the CS squad. He quickly rules out the densely packed slum areas with ramshackle housing. Among the rumormill of the homeless, or marginally homed, the appearance of a group of individuals with their own agenda would quickly become the talk of the town. Vheld instead concludes that they most likely secured lodging in either a hotel/motel that asked very few questions, or are housed in a vacated multi-story building, or in a prepared safe-house bought and maintained via CS black ops slush funds. Secretly Vheld hopes it is one of the first two as the latter possibility would be difficult to discern by simply walking the streets.

[Wayne]
Wayne heads to the Warren's version of the Job Market Cafe. Upon entering he sees that the establishment's reputation rings true. Though early in the evening, it is already filling up with rowdy mercenaries slaking their thirst, exchanging tall tales, and being generally rowdy.

All business, Wayne heads to the bar and inquires about a bounty. Taking the napkin and turning it over, a quizzical look forms on the bartender's face. "Rumor is that the former keeps tabs on MercTown. But any of 'em that are around aren't your regular type. Defenders wouldn't take kindly to them sticking their nose in someone else's jurisdiction. If you mean that you're looking to collect on some 'boys you picked up on your way to MercTown. Can't say I know of which groups have enough of a beef with them to pay bounty on the regulars. If you've got someone famous, maybe I can put you in touch with someone."

"Well.. for the latter, they have themselves a fancy base in the Hub. Think it's called the Haunt or somesuch." the bartender scratches at his scruffy beard, "I wouldn't try to mess with them though. Word is their security is top of the line and if you get caught... they ain't turnin' you into the authorities. They'll mete out their own brand of justice." A thought seems to occur to the bartender and he flags over a busty waitress on the other side of the bar, "Oi! Renee. Didn't Clive help someone else out with info about the Spooks a few weeks back? When is his next shift?"

"He's actually in the back doing inventory right now," Renee replies, jerking a pencil toward the back kitchen area before tucking it behind her ear.

[Grimloq]
Lured in by the wafting aroma of grilled meats, Grimloq heads into Robyn's Rib Rack and Beer Shack. After a brief exchange with an attractive hostess, Grimloq is seated at the bar. Since it is a little early, restaurants' dining activity more typically picking up an hour or two later in the evening, there is only one other patron at the bar and a handful in the main dining area.

His ribs arrive quickly, are slathered in pungent barbeque sauce and disappear far too quickly down Grimloq's gullet. The Grackle Tooth's appetite is whet, hardly satiated.

"Did you want the murderthon broadcast or the re-run of the division 3 robot competition?" the bartender initially responds, not grasping the request. When Grimloq clarifies that he is looking for a bookie, potentially to place a wager, the bartender nods and calls someone on the wall phone, handing the receiver over once the connection is made.

"This is Saul. What's your sport?" the voice says, Grimloq keenly senses the slick nature of the individual practically oozing through the connection.

[Lahz and Mierin]
Ray acknowledges Lahz's order to shadow Lahz's taxi in the Hum-Vee.

Lahz convinces Mierin to join him in his CS-gathering operation. At the casino taxicab station, Lahz surprisingly needs to pass on two taxis before the third driver signals an agreement by opening the satchel in the passenger seat for the chit to be deposited and remarks, "I decided to take the evening off because my cousin needed me to take care of her."

Focusing his psionic seeking on the bomb maker, Lahz immediately gets a solid hit. He directs the taxi driver through his intuitions and find themselves approaching "The Weight Pile (162)".
ImageImage
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 447
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: SPA pt.1: Warrens

Post by Lahz »

Perception [45%]: 1d100 = 69: 69 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 12: 12
JiC D100: 1d100 = 75: 75

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 99%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Frustrated/on Edge, Vengeful] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Roadrunner PA

ISP: 125/221 ISP

Telemechanics [99%]: 1d100 = 91: 91

[hr][/hr]

Lahz deftly drops a credit chip for 10,000 black credits into the cabby's bag and does a Telemechanical check of the vehicle to make sure there are no surveillance or recording devices. When he spots the Weight Pile up ahead aligning with his psychic 'feeling' for his quarry, "Pull over here ..." (about a block back) "Red? You mind if I walk in and make the approach? You can watch to see if anyone bugs out when they see me, or if anyone follows me out? ... You sir, mind the lady's directions." he finishes to the Cab driver unless Mierin raises an objection. *No need for some random cabby to have our field names, Red is pretty clear who I'm talking to.*

The Psi-Tech steps gingerly from the cab to walk up the street towards the Weight Pile and begins to walk over unhurriedly. *Weight Pile? This place smells like an inevitable juicer hangout, doesn't it? I am not starting anything in here, but I wonder ... can I kill a Bio-Comp if I have to? ...* He scans the street to confirm that Ray is maintaining visual tailing distance but isn't too far away then taps his radio live to speak into various earpieces in the area, "In the Warrens, approaching the Weight Pile. Queen and I may have the assembly-guy shortly. Anyone have eyes on other candidates? Or need assist? ... Deuce? Rook? Grim?"



------ Ray the Robot ------
Amplified Hearing: Can hear sounds as quiet as 10 decibels as far away as 500'.
Pilot: Automobile 96%: 1d100 = 74: 74
Intelligence 90%: 1d100 = 83: 83

Ray (hopefully) follows at a distance as directed and radios as appropriate.
Lahz D'Gemmel
[ooc]ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))[/ooc]
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 502
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: SPA pt.1: Warrens

Post by Vheld »

JIC: 1d20 = 20: 20, 1d100 = 19: 19
PER: 1d100 = 30: 30 vs. 79%[ooc=Conditions]
  • Cloak of darkness, RUE P. 200, 44.0m remaining, opponents -3 to strike/-1 if using heat vision/no penalty if within five feet.
  • Shadow meld, RUE P. 206, 22.0m remaining, +15% prowl, opponents -5 to strike.
[/ooc]
Prowl (Vheld)- 1d100 = 61: 61 vs. 124%
Prowl (Sil)- 1d100 = 21: 21 vs. 107%
To remain undetected while searching buildings.
Track by scent (Sil)- 1d100 = 13: 13 vs. 70% (+15% to track magic)
On the off-chance Sil can pick up the scent of the CS troopers.

Vheld’s comfort level with the mission increases along with the darkness- it will make it easier for his low-level magicks to conceal him and Sil, and deep down the shifter must admit to a certain propensity for skulking in the shadows. Despite lacking in any skills related to investigation, Vheld is no intellectual slouch and he makes a few deductions. Waiting around outside isn’t going to accomplish anything. It is time to act. Step one is to identify the likely sites of the CS team’s hideout- the local flophouses that prioritize client privacy, any abandoned structures large enough to accommodate a multi-person team, and any not-so-abandoned structures that the locals are giving a wide berth. It will likely be a substantial list- fortunately, Vheld has the manpower (well, demonpower) to spare.
Lahz wrote:"In the Warrens, approaching the Weight Pile. Queen and I may have the assembly-guy shortly. Anyone have eyes on other candidates? Or need assist? ... Deuce? Rook? Grim?"
Vheld replies promptly, ”Negative. I am conducting a search of the local area- contact me if you require assistance or would like to avoid a lengthy interrogation.”

Turning into a quiet (and deserted) corner, Vheld gives his minions new orders. ”We are going to split up- your orders are to search for the Coalition team, and report their location to me once you find it, or return after your search is complete. Look for the men we encountered outside the Haunt, but make note of any other teams that appear to be operating covertly and are heavily armed. One, two, search the local hotels. Skarrah, use your shapeshifting to blend in with the local wildlife and search the abandoned structures in the area. Bakir, you are with me.” Once the minions understand and obey, Vheld sends them forth- and steers Sil towards any buildings that would be well-suited for a covert operations team to hide out in. He will pay particular attention to any buildings that are isolated, and that the local populace is avoiding. Should he find any likely candidates Vheld will instruct Sil to see if she can pick up the scent of the CS team, and conduct a sweep of the building using Sil’s phantom form to remain undetected (and ordering Bakir to shift to mist form and do the same).
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (33d remaining)
PPE: 314/329 (Vheld), 1100/1100 (Energy sphere), 83/83 (Sil). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 500/500 (Skarrah). MDC: 1200/1200 (Bakir), 187/187 (Birga).
Talismans: 3/3 on Vheld IA
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 604
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC
Contact:

Re: SPA pt.1: Warrens

Post by Mierin »

Perception: 1d100 = 79: 79 (82%)
JIC: 1d20 = 15: 15, 1d100 = 64: 64


Detect Ambush 1d100 = 80: 80 (98%)
Detect Concealment 1d100 = 49: 49 (63%)

Conditions:
Multi-Optic eyes
[ooc]Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet
Light Filters: Reduces glare[/ooc]
"Red? You mind if I walk in and make the approach? You can watch to see if anyone bugs out when they see me, or if anyone follows me out? ... You sir, mind the lady's directions."
Mierin nods at Lahz. ”Sure, no problem.” As Lahz leaves the cab, she adds ”Watch your back. If you need assistance, holler.” Mierin watches as Lahz walks into the gym, making sure that no one suspicious was following him. As she waits, Mierin looks around for any signs of the CS group they're looking for. Mierin also watches for any sign that an attack may be headed their way. Hopefully they won't get the drop on us. Mierin thinks to herself.
Mierin
"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies


Stats & Stuff
ISP: 31/35
HP:32/57
SDC: 24/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

CA-3 Light “Dead Boy” Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated) (DESTROYED)
Helmet--70/70, Arms--60/60, Legs--80/80, Main Body--100/100
Force Field: 0/160 (DEPLETED)
User avatar
Grimloq
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:27 pm

Re: SPA pt.1: Warrens

Post by Grimloq »

Perception vs 31%: 1d100 = 32: 32
Thumper Perception vs 20%: 1d100 = 79: 79
JIC: 1d100 = 66: 66| 1d20 = 14: 14
Detect Ambush vs 60%: 1d100 = 99: 99
Streetwise vs 42%: 1d100 = 39: 39

Thumper gets relaxed in the barren fields that is the Haunts courtyard. She sniffs at some weeds poking through the dirt.
Aegis of No Retreat wrote: [Grimloq]
Lured in by the wafting aroma of grilled meats, Grimloq heads into Robyn's Rib Rack and Beer Shack. After a brief exchange with an attractive hostess, Grimloq is seated at the bar. Since it is a little early, restaurants' dining activity more typically picking up an hour or two later in the evening, there is only one other patron at the bar and a handful in the main dining area.

His ribs arrive quickly, are slathered in pungent barbeque sauce and disappear far too quickly down Grimloq's gullet. The Grackle Tooth's appetite is whet, hardly satiated.

"Did you want the murderthon broadcast or the re-run of the division 3 robot competition?" the bartender initially responds, not grasping the request. When Grimloq clarifies that he is looking for a bookie, potentially to place a wager, the bartender nods and calls someone on the wall phone, handing the receiver over once the connection is made.

"This is Saul. What's your sport?" the voice says, Grimloq keenly senses the slick nature of the individual practically oozing through the connection.)".
" Keep the ‘bot fights on love." He tells the waitress.

Grimloq tries the Slam and likes it. He turns his attention to the phone in his large hand.”Extreme sports. I have heard a team has started working out of the neighborhood. Reckon themselves real professionals, buzzing The Haunt downtown and everything. I want to know who they are and what odds they are being given. Or who might know.” He will tap his cred stick as he lets the bookie digest the information. I pay well for information. Grimloq will order another slab of ribs.
Lahz wrote: "In the Warrens, approaching the Weight Pile. Queen and I may have the assembly-guy shortly. Anyone have eyes on other candidates? Or need assist? ... Deuce? Rook? Grim?"

”Negative. I am knocking a few bushes to see what comes running out. If nothing pans out here I will look to regroup.”

Grimloq hopes he will be able to finish his second slab of ribs before leaving. He glares at the phone for a moment, not knowing if he wanted the bookie to come through with a lead, or not. I am going to have to come back here. Maybe bring Zzazz. Does barbeque sauce work when the meat is still breathing?
Grimloq
Grimloq
MDC:30/130

Maverick Riding Armor DESTROYED
Hat: -/10
L. Arm: -/12 | R. Arm: -/12
Body: -/36
L. Leg: -/16 | R. Leg: -/16
Thumper
L. Front Leg: 18/18 103/103 | R. Front Leg: ]8/18 103/103
L. Rear Leg: 25/25 103/103 | R. Rear Leg 25/25 103/103
Head: 50/50 136/136 | Small Center Horn: 15/15
Tail: 116/116 | Main Body: 90/90 140/180
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 447
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: SPA pt.1: Warrens

Post by Lahz »

Rolls Carried Forward wrote:Perception [45%]: Original post: 1d100 = 69: 69 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 12: 12
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 75: 75

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 99%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Frustrated/on Edge, Vengeful] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Roadrunner PA

ISP: 125/221 ISP

Telemechanics [99%]: Original post: 1d100 = 91: 91
[hr][/hr]

With Mierin's confirmation Lahz nods to himself and he exits. Check ins from Vheld and Grim indicate they are in good shape, no other ongoing issues, so this seems like a good opportunity to see if any big jack-booted skull-loving types pop out to try and slap him around, *Now, I can handle myself. And Mierin can put a laser through some guy at 400ft, but if she does then we get no more info than he is carrying at that moment ... so let's hope we can be-bop him into a trunk. If he's a CS be-all-you-can-be type, he'll probably at least have a work out partner or spotter right? ... Should I use Remote Viewing on this guy? ... No I don't want to waste that. I can only do that once in a while. Better to save it.*

The Psi-Tech pulls open the front door of the Weight pile and steps in to look around. The Spook does not present as a rail-thin tech, nor as a heavily built soldier; but he is in good shape (PS 15, SPD 17), and is wearing fairly heavy armor that lends a bit of bulk (PS 26). If there is a receptionist (or someone else comes out to greet him) he offers a friendly smile [Charm/Impress: 45%: 1d100 = 5: 5], "Hi there. How's the afternoon treating you?"

He looks around absently for closed circuit cameras or other security devices, *Probably not much to guard here, if they have anything, reception probably just uses any cameras to watch the girls on the treadmills.*

Read Sensory Equipment 93%: 1d100 = 7: 7
Electronic Countermeasures 61%: 1d100 = 20: 20
Lahz D'Gemmel
[ooc]ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))[/ooc]
User avatar
Aegis of No Retreat
Game Master
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:46 am
Location: GM: Spook Squad

Re: SPA pt.1: Warrens

Post by Aegis of No Retreat »

[Lahz & Mierin @The Weight Pile]
The repurposed warehouse exterior isn't much to look at, but Lahz's psychic senses direct him inside for finding the individual he seeks. Fully encased in his Roadrunner PA, the elvish psi-tech enters the establishment and lays on the charm.
Lahz wrote:"Hi there. How's the afternoon treating you?"
The receptionist, an adolescent Vanguard brawler who is showing only the faintest bit of facial hair, like he is likely trying to grow out to seem older than he actually is, startles somewhat at the fully power-armored individual.

"Uh hi. Not bad. My girl is all up in my business about my sleeping with her sister, but who can blame her for wanting to get all up on this candy crush monster," the brawler boasts, the effort of self-description causing him to forget about any semblence of intimidation he may have felt when Lahz first entered. As if to emphasize his point, he flexes his biceps, makes them dance for the sake of... Lahz? And seems generally mesmerized by his own physique. The brawler blesses each of his biceps with a quick kiss before returning his attention to the psi-tech.

During this time of self-distraction, Lahz is able to give his surroundings a good once-over. His guess is fairly accurate. There is no real security to speak of. Though there is what looks like a closed circuit camera pointed at the front desk, Lahz's attunement with all things mechanical reveals that it is a non-functioning prop.

"That'll be 5 credits for today or 100 credits for the year. Just so you know, we don't have much in the way of secure lockers, so you may want to consider leaving the fancy hardware at home. Most fellas in here just bring a change of clothes or some homespun at most." As the brawler gives unsolicited advice to Lahz, the elf can almost see the gears slowly turning in the Vanguard's mind. His eyes slowly expand to the size of saucers at an alternative prospect for why anyone would come into the Weight Pile so heavily armored and he quietly whispers, "Should I, uh, take an early break? How much time do you need?"

Outside, Mierin keeps a keen eye out, ready to engage stragglers or cavalry that might respond to a distress call. She also keeps track of Ray parked nearly out of sight behind them.

At first, nothing out of the ordinary happens. Mierin sees passerbys walking down the street. They give the taxi a sidelong glance, but do nothing. Some minutes in however, the hairs on the back of Mierin's neck stand at attention. She notices that there appear to be signs of lurkers just outside of view. She isn't sure if this is going to be an old-fashioned robbery, or potentially something more serious and orchestrated. Perhaps she is about to pay the toll for passing through the Warrens of MercTown.

[Vheld]
Vheld's orders to his minions are met with a potpurri of reactions. Bakir, tasked with staying alongside Vheld nods dutifully and falls in line. One and Two acknowledge as invisible entities are wont to and float off menacingly to investigate the hotels nearby. At the prospect of being left to his own devices, the corners of Skarrah's mouth turn up in a wicked smirk and Vheld can see glimmers of mischief flit across his eyes. He shapeshifts into a convincing denizen of the Warrens, replete with ragged clothing and dirt-smudged skin. "I will secure you the intelligence you seek." Skarrah purrs, the threat of impending violence infused within the words.

Unless Vheld objects, his minions spread out to their tasks.

Time passes.

One and Two return from their searches (at different times) and report no sightings of the men encountered outside the Haunt. However, Two does report armed individuals within the hotel it searched. Vheld tries to piece the information together and wonders a couple things... Firstly, are the possessing entities able to distinguish armored individuals if they change armor. Secondly, were either of the entities spotted. If/When questioned about it, they claim 'no', but Vheld isn't convinced that such concerns might be below their threshold of attention.

Skarrah does not immediately return. But given the demon's feline nature, Vheld suspects a more nuanced path that may include some stalking (which takes more time).

[Grimloq]
Grimloq's request to Saul is greeted with a long pause of silence. "Extreme sports team?" Saul echoes, uncertainty and concern driving the tone. "Can't say I know of any that would knowingly mess with the Spook Squad..." There is another pause as if the person on the other side is weighing options and the cost/benefit of entering into a partnership.

Then, with a resigned sigh, Grimloq hears Saul's non-response, "Information isn't my area of expertise. If you are ever looking to place a bet on any tournaments or competitions, please do not hesitate to reach out. But as for what you are looking for today, might I suggest Fixer or Blackman?" There is another pause, then an audible click and a dial tone signaling the termination of the connection.

Grimloq's second slab of ribs arrives and is as delicious as the first. He feels that another two slabs and his legendary Grackle Tooth appetite may be satiated. Storing away the piece of useful information ((yummy food at Robyn's Rib Shack)), Grimloq departs the establishment without critical intelligence, but with a full belly.
ImageImage
User avatar
Grimloq
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:27 pm

Re: SPA pt.1: Warrens

Post by Grimloq »

Perception vs 31%: 1d100 = 11: 11
Thumper Perception vs 20%: 1d100 = 53: 53
JIC: 1d100 = 53: 53| 1d20 = 11: 11
Detect Ambush vs 60%: 1d100 = 41: 41
Streetwise: vs 42%: 1d100 = 8: 8
Charm/Impress vs 5%: 1d100 = 53: 53
Invoke Trust/Intimidate vs 60%: 1d100 = 68: 68
Aegis of No Retreat wrote:Grimloq's request to Saul is greeted with a long pause of silence. "Extreme sports team?" Saul echoes, uncertainty and concern driving the tone. "Can't say I know of any that would knowingly mess with the Spook Squad..." There is another pause as if the person on the other side is weighing options and the cost/benefit of entering into a partnership.
Grimloq sighs audibly as he realizes this avenue of information gathering would likely lead to nothing. The boss wants us to search the Warrens. Heading to Fixer’s joint seems out of the area of interest. Grimloq looks around the BBQ , unsuccessfully looking for an excuse to let off some frustration.
Aegis of No Retreat wrote:Then, with a resigned sigh, Grimloq hears Saul's non-response, "Information isn't my area of expertise. If you are ever looking to place a bet on any tournaments or competitions, please do not hesitate to reach out. But as for what you are looking for today, might I suggest Fixer or Blackman?" There is another pause, then an audible click and a dial tone signaling the termination of the connection.

Grimloq's second slab of ribs arrives and is as delicious as the first. He feels that another two slabs and his legendary Grackle Tooth appetite may be satiated. Storing away the piece of useful information ((yummy food at Robyn's Rib Shack)), Grimloq departs the establishment without critical intelligence, but with a full belly.
”Whose Blackman?” Grimloq will ask the waitress as she comes by again. ”I will take another Slam, two slabs of ribs, and 6 full racks packed to go.” Grimloq slides her his Non-Secure Black credit chit to cover his bill. He leaves her a generous tip (30%). Grimloq will sip on his drink as he waits for the to-go order to finish. ”This is a nice place. Cleaner than I expected for a place in the Warrens. Keep up the food and drink and you might have a new regular.” Grimloq smiles as he sucks the meat clean off a bone.

After gathering up the food and finishing his own plate and drink, Grimloq will head back out into the city air. Looking down the streets both directions, the Grackle will take a moment to decide on his next actions. ”No luck in finding any promising leads, but I have a few guesses.” If I swing by The Haunt I can drop the Ribs off then make my way to the Job Market Café. Or I can keep turning over rocks here in the Warrens. ”Mr. Fixer Jones might have a lead for us. I can follow up with that or continue searching out here in the Warrens.”. He pauses. ”Who likes ribs?”.

If the Highwayman gets no leads from his teammates, Grimloq will begin wandering down the street, the bag of ribs hanging lazily by one finger. If I were a squad of CS asshats, where would I be hiding? Whomever this Blackman is might know… But will probably charge as much as Mr. Jones will. Maybe the locals know more. Grimloq will change his focus, looking for any signs of local street gangs.

If he manages to find a gathering of local street-level thugs, Grimloq will approach them with the swaggering confidence only a ten-foot-tall Grackle-Tooth can manage. ”Who runs this outfit? I have business hereabouts and am willing to pay for information.” He looks at those he approached, his lasso hanging lazily on his hip and a bag of steaming hot ribs (probably smells delicious) hanging from one hand, only a skinning knife strapped to his chest might be construed as a weapon.

”I am looking for a group that arrived recently. They are hiding out here in the Warrens. They would be keeping to themselves, and I doubt they play well with others. No matter what setup they might have arranged for local security, I am sure you boys and your associates would rather get in the good graces of the Spook Squad…” Grimloq lets the alternative float silently in the air. ”Which one of you cornermen knows what’s happening in this town and who wants to make a quick cred?” Grimloq finishes with a light, happy tone, knowing that threats can only go so far with the uncultured. Money usually works better.
Last edited by Grimloq on Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grimloq
Grimloq
MDC:30/130

Maverick Riding Armor DESTROYED
Hat: -/10
L. Arm: -/12 | R. Arm: -/12
Body: -/36
L. Leg: -/16 | R. Leg: -/16
Thumper
L. Front Leg: 18/18 103/103 | R. Front Leg: ]8/18 103/103
L. Rear Leg: 25/25 103/103 | R. Rear Leg 25/25 103/103
Head: 50/50 136/136 | Small Center Horn: 15/15
Tail: 116/116 | Main Body: 90/90 140/180
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 447
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: SPA pt.1: Warrens

Post by Lahz »

Perception [45%]: 1d100 = 75: 75 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 3: 3
JiC D100: 1d100 = 74: 74

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 99%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Frustrated/on Edge, Vengeful] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Roadrunner PA, Psionic Seeking (86%, 9.00 Miles)

ISP: 125/221 ISP

Telemechanics [99%]: 1d100 = 49: 49

[hr][/hr]

Lahz continues to operate with a friendly smile and an open face-plate, his hands nowhere near his holster as he commiserates with the receptionist, "I hear ya, twins is a hard thing to turn down. Sometimes a fella can get confused ..." *Well that's good, if the target is in here, he probably doesn't have much in the way of armament.*

When the young brawler offers to take a break the Psi-Tech smiles, "I am looking to have a talk with a fella who put my little sister in the hospital. She met him down here in the last couple weeks. Human, brown hair, beard ... [OOC: Not sure how long of a beard or an age, but Lahz should be able to provide a good description]. If he's here, well I wouldn't mind some privacy to walk him out. I am not going to be one who starts trouble in here. But you check that top drawer when you get back in case someone drops some credits by accident; oh and I guess, is he alone?*** ... I promised my Dad I would take care of her." he trails off allowing the receptionist to fill in whatever he wants.

*** Contingency: If the guy is not there, then Lahz will end where appropriate, and instead ask "Does he come in alone?"

*A kid like this, he'll probably understand and empathize with the family thing. You make it your brother and it's different, but a little sister, Billy used to say that was a lock 80% of the time ... Made it clear I don't want to f^ck up his work so he won't have any explaining to do ... I think that covers all the standards.* When Grim's call comes in over his earpiece, Lahz tries to maintain an impassive (or at least unchanged) expression, *Someone pick the newb up. Did he pick up food? What is he going to slap a guy with a sandwich?!? ... and why is he talking about leaving? What did I expect, Grim's a blunt instrument. Maybe I should have put him back at the Hangar, make up a nice holding room for questioning. No time to worry bout him ... let's see where my lead goes.*

Lahz offers a smile as he waits for a response and concentrates a little to confirm where his Psionic Seeking places the Bomb-Maker (stationary? moving? towards Lahz or away?).


------ Ray the Robot ------
Amplified Hearing: Can hear sounds as quiet as 10 decibels as far away as 500'.
Pilot: Automobile 96%: 1d100 = 37: 37
Intelligence 90%: 1d100 = 69: 69

Ray (hopefully) follows at a distance as directed and radios as appropriate.
Lahz D'Gemmel
[ooc]ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))[/ooc]
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 502
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: SPA pt.1: Warrens

Post by Vheld »

JIC: 1d20 = 4: 4, 1d100 = 7: 7
PER: 1d100 = 82: 82 vs. 79%
Prowl (Vheld)- 1d100 = 86: 86 vs. 109%
Prowl (Sil)- 1d100 = 80: 80 vs. 92%
To remain undetected at the hotel.

Vheld is largely unconcerned with whatever Skarrah may be up to. Good to let them off the leash occasionally, and it’s not like she can do much harm in the Warrens. After the entities make their report, Vheld nods and beckons for them to fall into line. The shifter sits in darkness for a few minutes, pursing his lips and leisurely pondering the situation. I am probably the least-qualified member of the team to try and sneak up on a Coalition psi-team. But, I suppose it beats sitting around in the dark. Almost as an afterthought, Vheld taps his radio on and reports in. ”Deuce here. Possible sighting, possible false alarm in one of the hotels. Checking it out.” Then, to Two he says ”Take me to the hotel where you saw the armed men.”

Taking care to remain undetected, Vheld will follow Two to the hotel, then determine the room in which Two saw the armed men. Then, Vheld will direct the entities and Bakir to enter his dimensional envelope (bag) and position himself and Sil as close to the target room as possible while remaining undetected. Finally, he will whisper a quick incantation of D-Step ((-50 PPE)), to render himself and Sil undetectable (save via dimension-sensing abilities). Once so enchanted, Vheld has two minutes and 45 seconds to scout out the room, see for himself whether this armed group fits the bill, and get out. Once way or another, Vheld will make a point of being outside the hotel when the spell expires.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (33d remaining)
PPE: 314/329 (Vheld), 1100/1100 (Energy sphere), 83/83 (Sil). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 500/500 (Skarrah). MDC: 1200/1200 (Bakir), 187/187 (Birga).
Talismans: 3/3 on Vheld IA
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Wayne Northblade
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 9:07 am

Re: SPA pt.1: Warrens

Post by Wayne Northblade »

Perception: 1d100 = 24: 24/49%
JIC: 1d20 = 11: 11/ 1d100 = 86: 86

Wayne nods to the bartender and addresses his next question to both him and Renee. "Think I could speak with Clive? I'd make it worth his while." While he waits for an answer, he takes a quick look around the bar to see what kind of rowdiness exists within these walls. This would take three minutes tops.

Not wanting to give too much away, he doesn't respond to the various radio calls coming in. Just let me do my damn job. We can chat later.
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 604
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC
Contact:

Re: SPA pt.1: Warrens

Post by Mierin »

Perception: 1d100 = 55: 55 (82%)
JIC: 1d20 = 3: 3, 1d100 = 94: 94


Detect Ambush 1d100 = 98: 98 (98%)
Detect Concealment 1d100 = 98: 98 (63%)

Conditions:
Multi-Optic eyes
[ooc]Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet
Light Filters: Reduces glare[/ooc]

Mierin continues to watch the pedestrian traffic passing her by in the cab. She wonders what story Lahz is spinning to find their target listens to the progress updates from the rest of the group.

Raising an eyebrow when she realizes that she's attracted some company, Mierin wonders to herself exactly what these lurkers think they're doing. It's possible they think it's weird to have a cab sitting outside the Weight Pile or perhaps they were planning an ambush to rob her. Better to be safe than sorry. Mierin thinks to herself as she attempts to determine how many lurkers there are watching her and what their positions are (see detect concealment/ambush rolls). As she does this, Mierin considers her options – they were looking for the CS Black Ops team, so discretion was a high priority. Shooting someone in the face would probably attract unwanted attention. It would be the easiest option though.

Mierin radios Grim ”Grim, Queen here - I could use some backup at the Weight Pile. It looks like the welcoming committee is about to make an appearance.” If he made it in time, Mierin figures having a 9'8 foot teammate tended to make causal robbers think twice about making you a target. If not, Mierin could be intimidating herself, if the occasion called for it.
Mierin
"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies


Stats & Stuff
ISP: 31/35
HP:32/57
SDC: 24/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

CA-3 Light “Dead Boy” Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated) (DESTROYED)
Helmet--70/70, Arms--60/60, Legs--80/80, Main Body--100/100
Force Field: 0/160 (DEPLETED)
User avatar
Grimloq
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:27 pm

Re: SPA pt.1: Warrens

Post by Grimloq »

Perception vs 31%: 1d100 = 27: 27
JIC: 1d100 = 88: 88%| 1d20 = 8: 8
Detect Ambush vs 60%: 1d100 = 13: 13
Streetwise: vs 42%: 1d100 = 92: 92
Invoke Trust/Intimidate vs 60%: 1d100 = 48: 48
Horror Factor: 12

“Roger that, I’m on my way.” Now where is that gym… Grimloq stops his meandering pace and looks at the nearest street sign to gain his bearings. Turning on his heel, the Grackle will begin making his way to Meirin’s location at a determined pace. I wonder if she likes ribs.

When/If Grimloq makes it to a corner nearing the Weight Pile, the Highwayman will look around the street front for any signs of Meirin or potential hostiles. How much does that actually help? The Grackle wonders as he eyes the racks of weights in the gym. As someone who had never actually lifted weights or did any exercise for exercise sake, the idea of working out seems like a slightly foreign concept.

Grimloq will attempt to stare down any would be accoster as he makes his way to back Meirin up, relying on his own inborn intimidating frame instead of any threats.
Grimloq
Grimloq
MDC:30/130

Maverick Riding Armor DESTROYED
Hat: -/10
L. Arm: -/12 | R. Arm: -/12
Body: -/36
L. Leg: -/16 | R. Leg: -/16
Thumper
L. Front Leg: 18/18 103/103 | R. Front Leg: ]8/18 103/103
L. Rear Leg: 25/25 103/103 | R. Rear Leg 25/25 103/103
Head: 50/50 136/136 | Small Center Horn: 15/15
Tail: 116/116 | Main Body: 90/90 140/180
User avatar
Aegis of No Retreat
Game Master
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:46 am
Location: GM: Spook Squad

Re: SPA pt.1: Warrens

Post by Aegis of No Retreat »

[Grimloq]
Grimloq wrote:”Whose Blackman?” Grimloq will ask the waitress as she comes by again. ”I will take another Slam, two slabs of ribs, and 6 full racks packed to go.” Grimloq slides her his Non-Secure Black credit chit to cover his bill. He leaves her a generous tip (30%). Grimloq will sip on his drink as he waits for the to-go order to finish. ”This is a nice place. Cleaner than I expected for a place in the Warrens. Keep up the food and drink and you might have a new regular.” Grimloq smiles as he sucks the meat clean off a bone.
"Oh hon," the waitress replies, the knowing share of her head suggesting mild exasperation at the 'newbie' question, "Geoff Blackman is one of the premiere sources of intelligence her in New Paducah. Just be sure you have deep pockets if you are looking to hire him for information and a stout posse with fleet feet if you ever cross the man. 'Cause he means business!" Otherwise she nods at the additional order and expresses her gratitude at the generous tip. ((Grimloq -260 credits feel free to deduct yourself))
Grimloq wrote:If he manages to find a gathering of local street-level thugs, Grimloq will approach them with the swaggering confidence only a ten-foot-tall Grackle-Tooth can manage. ”Who runs this outfit? I have business hereabouts and am willing to pay for information.” He looks at those he approached, his lasso hanging lazily on his hip and a bag of steaming hot ribs (probably smells delicious) hanging from one hand, only a skinning knife strapped to his chest might be construed as a weapon.

”I am looking for a group that arrived recently. They are hiding out here in the Warrens. They would be keeping to themselves, and I doubt they play well with others. No matter what setup they might have arranged for local security, I am sure you boys and your associates would rather get in the good graces of the Spook Squad…” Grimloq lets the alternative float silently in the air. ”Which one of you cornermen knows what’s happening in this town and who wants to make a quick cred?” Grimloq finishes with a light, happy tone, knowing that threats can only go so far with the uncultured. Money usually works better.
"Tsk," a young-looking quick-flex chides as he hops off his sitting box. His posse, playing card games and generally rough-housing in the abandoned alley unanimously turn their attention toward the Grackle Tooth newcomer. "Look at the big swingin' balls on this one..." the Quick-flex remarks, producing a vibro-dagger and pointing it Grimloq's direction. Behind him, what looked like a pile of discarded construction material in the poor lighting seems to come to life and appears to be some manner of rock-humanoid. Rising to its full height, it emits a gravelly grunt of support and Grimloq wonders if the rock-man's presence evens the odds a bit.

Grimloq lays out his request and the Quick-flex promptly replies, "Let's see the cred first. Ain't be givin' you no info and then have you run the five-finger discount on us." Assuming Grimloq either shows or provides the credits, the Quick-Flex will continue, "Lots 'o people hide in the Warrens. It's just about the only thing the neighborhood is good for. But I think I know the bad-asses you're talkin' about. Are you planning on rolling in on them heavy? 'Cause my boys say they got spotters on the street pretend'n to be beggars. If your gonna wipe'em, you gotta shoot first an' knock second if you get my drift..." the Quick-Flex pops something in his mouth and chews on it in a rapid staccato. "You'll find your group at the Gold Nugget Hotel. Room 307." Having given information, he holds his hands out for payment.

The hairs on the back of Grimloq's neck stand at attention. Something about how readily this Quick-Flex gave up the information doesn't smell quite right to him. He isn't sure if the intelligence is good, but certainly knows that information was given, so he had better pay up or he would be reneging on his word. And there may be consequences for such actions.

At some point in the conversation with these fine gentlemen Grimloq's radio comes alive with Mierin's request for back-up. And the Grackle Tooth heads over to provide support.

[Lahz @Weight Pile (inside)]
"Oh hell nah!" the brawler exclaims, his facial coloration reflecting his growing anger, "Yea, I'll help ya take care of business. Family first!" He quickly produces a tablet from a hidden sliding drawer and shows Lahz an array of live security feeds. To be frank, the elven psi-tech is a little surprised by the sophisticated coverage. The dummy prop camera in the reception area distracted him from the hidden fish-eye pen-cam embedded in the faux flower pot facing the front door. And inside, just about every angle is covered. Lahz has a nagging suspicion that the Weight Pile may not be what the faded veneer suggests and may possibly have ties to organized crime somehow.

His psychic seeking combined with visual confirmation via the security feed places his quarry working through a super-set on the weight machines focusing on his upper body.

"Is it that guy?" the young brawler points, his finger zeroing in on Lahz's quarry. "I'll go in direct to confront him on late membership payments. You can loop around back through the service corridor to flank 'im." There is a crazed smile plastered on the Vanguard brawler's face as he keys a numerical passcode (in plain view), opening a secure side door for Lahz, and begins to dig up the guy's legitimate paperwork.

Lahz takes the opportunity to patch into the obvious vulnerability of the security system... that the feed is transmitted wirelessly. His telemechanical mind quickly locates and piggybacks the live feed into his Roadrunner. Should the elf lower his faceplate, the video information will be accessible via his HUD.

Live stream of the man Lahz is after shows him stop midway through a rep then sit up in a hurry. Sudden suspicion is written all over his body language. Lahz immediately recognizes it as his sixth sense kicking off. Moments later, the Vanguard brawler bursts into the main room storming straight toward the man, exclaiming loudly, "Yo, Larry! Records say you're past due! Your gonna need ta pay up or ship out!"

Further observance of the man will show his shoulders relax slightly at the appearance of the Vanguard brawler. A seemingly reasonable explanation for his hunch of danger.

"Status update: Increased foot traffic in the vicinity. Continuing to stand by." Ray's voice is heard over the group comms.

[Vheld @Golden Nugget Hotel (outside)]
Vheld reports a possible sighting to the team, alerting them of his intention to investigate.

Vheld follows Two to the hotel of interest. The Atlantean reads the gaudy sign: Golden Nugget Hotel. After Two explains which corner of the hotel, on the third floor, Vheld feels like he has a good sense of which room the armed individuals are currently residing in. His minions are quickly ordered to sequester themselves within his dimensional envelope, orders they dutifully follow.

Vheld then performs a rapid inter-dimensional reconnoiter of the room in question (but is forced to leave Sil behind).

Inside, he sees five rough-looking individuals armed and armored in mis-matched partial body armor. Their weapons consist of an assortment of vibro-blades and MD energy pistols. No long arms are present. What is perhaps most telling however are the many kilos of drugs that are scattered throughout the room, being processed into smaller saleable packages.

Vheld's intuition is that it is highly unlikely that the Coalition Black Ops group they are seeking is simultaneously involved in the local illicit drug trade. More likely is that the individuals in the room are part of some high risk drug endeavor like muscling their way into someone else's territory and so need to be armed for imminent conflict.

[Wayne @The Gunman's Tavern]
"Sure thing boss," the bartender agrees, sparing a glance around the tavern confirming a lull in activity. He lifts the bar separator and guides Wayne into the back. "Oi Clive, you've got a visitor! Wants to know about the guys come asking about the Spooks the other week."

A lanky ratanoid adolescent stops his shelving duty and turns toward the two. Clive's nose twitches, sampling the air nervously before meekly stepping up to Wayne's attention. "I'll leave you two to it," the bartender says softly. He gives Clive a soft pat on the back of re-assurance before returning to the main tavern area.

"I don't want any trouble..." Clive titters nervously. His gaze darting about, clearly afraid of the possibility of violence from Wayne.

[Mierin (then Grimloq a bit later) @The Weight Pile (outside)]
Thanks to her augmentations, Mierin is able to get a clearer view of the lurkers by switching over to thermal. Against the cooler backdrop, the lurkers' body heat shines as bright as daylight. She counts 8, with another possible 3 getting into ambush position.

Code: Select all

                                 <Grimloq when he arrives>
x2                          x3

        <Mierin>
		    x1
x2                               x1

x1             x1
The closest advances on Mierin. Dressed in foul-smelling rags, Mierin can see gaps in his teeth indicative of malnutrition. "Spare some creds?" he asks with an outstretched hand.

Grimloq makes his approach and can see three individuals hiding behind some makeshift barriers (metal drums, wooden pallets and a garbage dumpster), peering tentatively toward Mierin's location.
ImageImage
User avatar
Grimloq
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:27 pm

Re: SPA pt.1: Warrens

Post by Grimloq »

Perception vs 31%: 1d100 = 54: 54
Thumper Perception vs 20%: 1d100 = 99: 99
JIC: 1d100 = 94: 94| 1d20 = 3: 3
Detect Ambush vs 60%: 1d100 = 38: 38
Prowl vs 45%: 1d100 = 69: 69
Intimidate vs 60% 1d100 = 93: 93
Note: 260 deducted from black card for ribs and Slam. 100 deducted for tip to wannabe gang

Grimloq looks around at the gathered locals slowly realizing that the Slam might have led him to make a bad call in entering this particular alley way. Not that I couldn’t take them. I have to stay in good shape for the boss though. Grimloq doesn’t push the issue however and offers the talker 100 credits in exchange for the rather detailed information he divulged. ”I take it they haven’t been the best of neighbors.” Grimloq turns to leave the way he came. I think I like the forests and plains better. the odors from the ribs teases his nose. This place does have its perks.
[hr][/hr]
Grimloq slows his pace and uses some of the dark shadows on the sidewalks to try and stay undetected as he approaches the three figures from behind. Seeing the situation, Grimloq will move into action, preferring to be on the attack, rather than defence. This way Meirin is no longer the center of attention. Grimloq reasons to himself. He sets the bag of ribs down on something that isn’t the ground before making his final advance.

[ooc=If Grimloq gets to melee range without being noticed]Grimloq will stride up behind the three figures and ask casually. ”¿Qué estás mirando?”. The first one to turn their head will be punched in the face. Grimloq will then lay into all three of the targets, focusing on one until they drop before moving onto the next target. He is only using his hands and feet when he attacks and is not trying to kill anyone. He isn’t holding his punches either.

Initiative: 1d20+8 = 21: 13
  • Action 1:Restrained Punch to the face: 1d20+7 = 15: 8| 5d6+15 = 34: 2, 5, 6, 4, 2 S.D.C.
  • Action 2: Kick to the leg: 1d20+7 = 13: 6| 4d6+15 = 24: 1, 3, 3, 2 M.D.
  • Action 3: Punch to the Chest: 1d20+7 = 8: 1| 4d6+15 = 25: 3, 2, 1, 4 M.D.
  • Action 4: Another body punch: 1d20+7 = 21: 14| 4d6+15 = 28: 2, 3, 2, 6 M.D.
  • Action 5: Reserved for dodge: 1d20+9 = 23: 14
  • Action 6: Reserved for dodge: 1d20+9 = 12: 3
  • Action 7: Reserved for dodge: 1d20+9 = 12: 3
[/ooc]
[ooc=If Meirin is attacked or Grimloq is noticed]Grimloq stops his forward momentum as he inwardly curses himself. He wanted to be the one to throw the first blow. He should have struck sooner. With a soft growl of irritation- mostly at himself, Grimloq unclips his lasso and uncurls it in a practiced motion. With two quick swings he sends the loop of M.D.C. rope out towards the most central target. "Come here, boy. Im gunna teach you that it is improper to sneak up on a woman.” When Grimloq reaches the man, He will lean forward and punch the man solidly in the face without hesitation. If the man is not shielded in the head region and drops, Grimloq will charge the next closest target, letting loose a primal roar of challenge.

Initiative: 1d20+8 = 9: 1
  • Action 1: Lasso the middle of the three targets: Trip Attack: 1d20+11 = 26: 15
    *If the initial attack does not hit he will try once more, effectively shifting all his attacks down one and giving up a reserved dodge
  • Action 2: Pull target to me as I stride closer to him
  • Action2a:Second Lasso Attempt 1d20+11 = 19: 8
  • Action 3: Punch to the face: : 1d20+7 = 23: 16| 4d6+15 = 30: 2, 5, 4, 4 M.D
  • Action 4a: Punch to the face: : 1d20+7 = 14: 7| 4d6+15 = 31: 4, 6, 1, 5 M.D OR
  • Action 4b: Charge next nearest target
  • Action 5a: Punch to the face: : 1d20+7 = 20: 13| 4d6+15 = 30: 3, 6, 5, 1 M.D OR
  • Action 5b: Reserved for dodge: 1d100 = 17: 17 1d20+9 = 15: 6
  • Action 6: Reserved for dodge: 1d100 = 48: 48 1d20+9 = 24: 15
  • Action 7: Reserved for dodge: 1d100 = 54: 54 1d20+9 = 16: 7
[/ooc]
[ooc=Translation]“¿Qué estás mirando?”: "What are you looking at?"[/ooc]
Grimloq
Grimloq
MDC:30/130

Maverick Riding Armor DESTROYED
Hat: -/10
L. Arm: -/12 | R. Arm: -/12
Body: -/36
L. Leg: -/16 | R. Leg: -/16
Thumper
L. Front Leg: 18/18 103/103 | R. Front Leg: ]8/18 103/103
L. Rear Leg: 25/25 103/103 | R. Rear Leg 25/25 103/103
Head: 50/50 136/136 | Small Center Horn: 15/15
Tail: 116/116 | Main Body: 90/90 140/180
User avatar
Wayne Northblade
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 9:07 am

Re: SPA pt.1: Warrens

Post by Wayne Northblade »

Perception: 1d100 = 64: 64/49%
JIC: 1d20 = 1: 1/ 1d100 = 27: 27

Wayne enters the back room and sees the obviously nervous Ratanoid looking at him. Huh. This is the guy with the info. I thought they might be...tougher. He puts his hands up in a peaceful motion. "No trouble intended, Clive. I need information. You, Clive, have that information. If this goes well, it could be beneficial for you. Tell me about the guys who asked about the Spook Squad last week. Everything." Wayne slowly reaches into his utility belt for his money. He transfers 100 black market credits to Clive's personal financial transponder. "More where that came from." This better not be a waste of my time, kid. I've got assholes to kill.

While he waits for information, Wayne checks out the back room of the tavern. He looks for exits, doors to offices, shelves that could be knocked over if an obstruction was needed and cleanliness. Messy kitchen, messy life.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 502
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: SPA pt.1: Warrens

Post by Vheld »

JIC: 1d20 = 19: 19, 1d100 = 64: 64
PER: 1d100 = 91: 91 vs. 79%
Prowl (Vheld)- 1d100 = 86: 86 vs. 109%
Prowl (Sil)- 1d100 = 36: 36 vs. 92%
To remain undetected.

A waste if time. There’s a shocker. Vheld makes a mental note not to rely on the entities to make any subtle distinctions or deductions in the future as he slips back to Sil. Once he is again mounted he will access the team frequency, ”Deuce here. No luck on my end, coming to you.” Vheld the nudges Sil in the direction of the Weight Pile. The duo will make every effort to remain silent, and as they get closer Vheld will anticipate trouble and free his intangible minions from their dimensional storage area. If there are indications of violence at the scene, Vheld will cast invincible armor on himself before arriving ((-30 PPE)).
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (33d remaining)
PPE: 314/329 (Vheld), 1100/1100 (Energy sphere), 83/83 (Sil). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 500/500 (Skarrah). MDC: 1200/1200 (Bakir), 187/187 (Birga).
Talismans: 3/3 on Vheld IA
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 604
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC
Contact:

Re: SPA pt.1: Warrens

Post by Mierin »

Perception: 1d100 = 43: 43 (82%)
JIC: 1d20 = 3: 3, 1d100 = 60: 60


Detect Ambush 1d100 = 42: 42 (98%)
Detect Concealment 1d100 = 84: 84 (63%)

Conditions:
Multi-Optic eyes
[ooc]Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet
Light Filters: Reduces glare[/ooc]
Once he is again mounted he will access the team frequency, ”Deuce here. No luck on my end, coming to you.”
Mierin replies to Vheld on the team frequency. ”Copy that, Deuce. Be advised there are at least 8 targets approaching my location and I spot another possible 3 targets.” Mierin smirks as she adds, ”It looks like they want to throw me a surprise party. Isn't that nice of them?”
The closest advances on Mierin. Dressed in foul-smelling rags, Mierin can see gaps in his teeth indicative of malnutrition. "Spare some creds?" he asks with an outstretched hand.
Doing her best to keep an eye on the many individuals who were approaching her position, Mierin glares suspiciously at the man standing at the window of the cab. For all she knew, he was merely the distraction while the others set up positions to mug her. Getting mugged was not on my agenda today. ”No.” Mierin replies in a cold tone of voice that makes it clear that she was not in the mood for a conversation. Turning to the cab driver, Mierin tells him, ”Drive." Assuming the cab driver complies, Mierin radios the team once she's out of earshot of the man near the cab, ”Going for a quick drive around the block. We'll see if some of the riffraff follow me or if this was just a crime of opportunity.”
Mierin
"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies


Stats & Stuff
ISP: 31/35
HP:32/57
SDC: 24/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

CA-3 Light “Dead Boy” Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated) (DESTROYED)
Helmet--70/70, Arms--60/60, Legs--80/80, Main Body--100/100
Force Field: 0/160 (DEPLETED)
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 447
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: SPA pt.1: Warrens

Post by Lahz »

OOC: GM, Lahz does not have 6th Sense, so I am not adding those bonuses.

Perception [45%]: 1d100 = 78: 78 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 1: 1
JiC D100: 1d100 = 99: 99

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 99%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Frustrated/on Edge, Vengeful] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Roadrunner PA, Psionic Seeking (86%, 9.00 Miles), Telekinesis: Super (200lbs, 900', 18 Min/L, RUE p.182)

ISP: 95/221 ISP

Telemechanics [99%]: 1d100 = 18: 18

[hr][/hr]
Vanguard_Brawler wrote:"Oh hell nah!" the brawler exclaims, his facial coloration reflecting his growing anger, "Yea, I'll help ya take care of business. Family first!" He quickly produces a tablet from a hidden sliding drawer and shows Lahz an array of live security feeds. "Is it that guy?" the young brawler points, his finger zeroing in on Lahz's quarry. "I'll go in direct to confront him on late membership payments. You can loop around back through the service corridor to flank 'im." There is a crazed smile plastered on the Vanguard brawler's face as he keys a numerical passcode (in plain view), opening a secure side door for Lahz, and begins to dig up the guy's legitimate paperwork.
Lahz inwardly grins at the buy-in from the brawler and as the young fellow pulls out the display tablet the Tech drops a black card onto the desk with 15,000 credits, "Always nice to find a fella who puts family first. Nice passage-thing." As the Brawler heads into the weight-room. With the wireless feed patched into the Roadrunner, Lahz steps into the hallway and shuts the door behind him, drawing his Multi-Tool from his belt and transfiguring the item into a ball-peen hammer. Still watching the video feed on one of the Roadrunner's HUDs, Lahz engages his Telekinesis:Super capability (-30 ISP, 300lbs, 900', 18 Min/L, RUE p.182) with pans to remotely intervene since he can see what's going on and the interaction between the Brawler and Larry is well inside his range.

OOC: How is Larry-the-Bomb-Maker dressed? Are there juicer harnes cables visible? Is he heavily tattooed? Is he tall/short? Does he have a spotter? Does he seem to be alone?

If bearded 'Larry' does not make a break to leave, then Lahz will (if plausible) use TK to have it appear that Larry appear 'throws' a weight at the Brawler-Clerk, *because a third party becomes and an invested cohort if he was just attacked ... helps sell the story and it is going to make talking his way out very hard.* If 'Larry' attacks the Brawler-Clerk himself though, Lahz will use TK to remotely intervene (300lb of pressure to pull a beard, twist a nipple, give a wedgie, push Larry's attacks on the Vanguard Brawler a bit off-course ... generally assist the Brawler-Clerk). *Odds are any local gym rat juice-types are going intervene to help their local staff guy over the new member. So really it should just be wait for him to be thrown out unconscious, or for him to sprint out the back ... right?*
Vheld wrote:"Deuce here. No luck on my end, coming to you.”
Mierin wrote:”Copy that, Deuce. Be advised there are at least 8 targets approaching my location and I spot another possible 3 targets.” Mierin smirks as she adds, ”It looks like they want to throw me a surprise party. Isn't that nice of them?”
*Damn. Nothing ever goes smoothly anymore. Well I guess 'Larry' there feels the same way.*

If this hallway leads Lahz to a door that seems likely to align with an exit from the weight room, Lahz will place himself on the opposite side of the hinges (so it will not swing into him), and lie in wait to (if necessary) knee-cap 'Larry', "Hi there, Larry is it? I think you should should come with me. Let's get you to the hospital, or you might not be able to walk tomorrow ..." then radio for Ray to come pick him up (to the degree Mierin is no longer around).

*** If upon exit Lahz finds himself in the midst of the folks who were sneaking up on Queen, then he has no compunction at all using TK to invisibly turn the local scenery, and each other, upon them ('guiding' attackers to run into one another, and generally sowing dissent that arises when your 'friends' either f^ck-up or appear to double-cross you, make folks trip over things, make stuff [sheet, box, vase] fall on them from a distance).

APM: 9 (PA)
Init [+3]: 1d20+2 = 16: 14

1: Knee/Leg-Cap 'Larry' with hammer 1d20+12 = 14: 2, 2d6+10 = 14: 1, 3 SDC (*** if he comes out running, Lahz should be prepared since he will theoretically be able to see the guy approaching the door via the camera)
2: Knee/Leg-Cap 'Larry' with hammer 1d20+12 = 23: 11, 2d6+10 = 13: 2, 1 SDC (because he might not be down after 1st bad roll)
3: ** Contingency --- If Larry runs, TK pick him up 8-inches off the ground and hold him there.

Parry (as needed) [+13]: 1d20+13 = 21: 8, 1d20+13 = 23: 10, 1d20+13 = 23: 10, 1d20+13 = 25: 12, 1d20+13 = 20: 7

PSI/TK-Attacks (as needed): 1d20+3 = 17: 14, 1d20+3 = 16: 13, 1d20+3 = 18: 15, 1d20+3 = 13: 10, 1d20+3 = 14: 11, 1d20+3 = 13: 10. Damage unknown, please apply as appropriate.


------ Ray the Robot ------
Amplified Hearing: Can hear sounds as quiet as 10 decibels as far away as 500'.
Pilot: Automobile 96%: 1d100 = 70: 70
Intelligence 90%: 1d100 = 83: 83

Ray (hopefully) follows at a distance as directed and radios as appropriate.
Lahz D'Gemmel
[ooc]ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))[/ooc]
User avatar
Aegis of No Retreat
Game Master
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:46 am
Location: GM: Spook Squad

Re: SPA pt.1: Warrens

Post by Aegis of No Retreat »

[Grimloq & Mierin (and eventually Vheld) @Weight Pile (outside)]
Grimloq's massive silhoutte dominates the dark shadows amongst the refuse of the alleyway. Though his approach does not officially pass the ninja test, the three would-be robbers are nonetheless caught be surprise by the Grackle Tooth's appearance.

”¿Qué estás mirando?” Grimloq asks casually. Even in the darkness, the Grackle Tooth can see the whites of the eyes of the closest individual as a mixture of fear and shock are written all over his face.

That's a bit squishier than I expected... Grimloq thinks as the individual's face meets the gentle version of the Grackle Tooth's fist. Cartilage and bone provide little resistance to Grimloq's might (even restrained). Both nose and sinus cavity quickly collapse from the strike and the individual's eyes go glassy as he falls to the ground like a sack of potatoes.

Terrified, his two nearest compatriots immediately take flight, running in opposite directions trying to get themselves away from the hulking menace. Their fear is so palpable and all-encompassing, that they flee in silence, survival instincts dictating that screaming would only run the risk of giving away their location.

Unless he decides to pursue, Grimloq is left with no additional 'enemies' nearby and continues his stalk toward Mierin.

Elsewhere, Mierin radios in updates to her team and decides that the least disruptive path forward is to urge the cab driver into a drive around the block. When the driver complies, Mierin can easily assess that she was merely a crime of opportunity. None of them pursue. And in fact, as a delayed response, they seem to be dispersing from the area. Switching through her optics once more, she can only surmise that the massively large heat signature is Grimloq arriving on the scene and that his presence must have 'convinced' the Warren chum to seek greener pastures elsewhere.

Vheld arrives from the Golden Nugget later, after Mierin has completed her trip around the block, and witnesses no issue with the locals.

[Wayne @The Gunman's Tavern (back room)]
"Okay, so, uh, it's like this." Clive begins, spilling 'everything' to Wayne in a run-on rapid staccato "my cousin Lod was chillin' with this super-fine babe the other week who told him that there were these reporters throwing credits around asking about the legendary Spook Squad. Lod knows that I'm hooked into the Gunman's here and that I hear all the juicy gossip, so told me that if I could help these reporters that he would split the reward money and we could get our aunt Erica the new accordian that she wants. You know, the digital kind with the triple bass synthesizer overlay that lets you set down some mad beats while your jammin'. Ump-tss-ump-tss, ba-da-ba-da-dum-dum-dum-dum. And then you can bring in the high notes to harmonize to create some wicked tunes. Oo-wee-ah-la-da-dee-la-da-da-dee..." Assuming Wayne intercedes and prevents Clive from going too far off on the musical tangent, the ratanoid nods eagerly and continues.

"Right, so, uh, we get together here at the Gunman's. And there is three of 'em. Now, they don't look like your normal reporters. 'Cause the reporters I've seen around the Warrens be all chill and loose. And these three be all stiff and upright. So anyway, they tell us that they are doing a special on the Spook Squad and want to know all the stories we heard about them so that they can compile the stories into a full magazine. And so I tell 'em about how Sir Thorn, their cyberknight leader... you know the one with the wicked teeth and massive claw-hands. Looks like a demon, fights like a demon and uh, something like a cyberknight... Single-handedly destroyed this alien slave outpost by shoving and detonating a nuclear cruise missile up this tentacled super-badass monster's poop-hole." Clive continues to elaborate on fantastical stories of the accolades of the (mostly Sir Thorn) Spook Squad deifying the cyberknight as a one-Tokanii wrecking crew (while the other members of the Spook Squad played the role of hapless side-kicks).

Time passes as Clive re-tells the stories in vivid detail that he passed on to the 'reporters' and Wayne can accurately guess that the intelligence given is exaggerated at best and flat out wrong at its most fantastical worst. There is no way that the Spook Squad successfully engaged in melee combat against god-beings, extracting ancient rune weapons as compensation through their victory. It simply isn't plausible.

"... and so then I started telling them about their super-fine super-base in the Hub. You know, "The Haunt". I told 'em that no way that anyone can break into the place, 'cause they have super-top-notch security and magic runes that'll lock-DOWN any fool that tries to breach the walls. That's when the reporters started getting REAL interested. And they asked questions about whether anyone tried to get into The Haunt uninvited, and I told 'em about this one red-skinned Traveler God fella that conned his way in 'cause he was all up in that with the super-fine red-head assassin lady. And after a night of animalistic love-making, left them this gallon-sized jug of white stuff and told 'em that if they ever needed his help, they just needed to drink it and say his name three times and he'd be there in a blink." Clive continues.

"I was in the middle of telling 'em about the Spook's mission to SPACE when the reporters stopped me all of a sudden. Told me they had plenty and rushed off. They left me a 2k cred-stick. So I thought it was a good salary for the four hour conversation."


[Lahz @The Weight Pile (inside)]
Larry-the-Bomb-Maker looks to be an un-modified human, wearing a white tank top and loose sweat pants. Lahz suspects that Larry is legitimately working out. Based on his intense focus (up until the brawler clerk busts in), it is likely one of the means by which this man routinely de-stresses. The amount of weight he is lifting is about average for a fit human and does not suggest exceptional strength. His lifting regimen is likely not meant to make him stronger, but rather to help maintain his overall fitness. And he is operating alone.

"Woah, calm down. My cred stick is in my locker." Larry states defensively, holding his hands outright in a calming manner. "Just let me put these free weights back on the rack and we'll go get you paid."

Lahz sees this moment of re-stacking the weights as the key opportunity to utilize his super telekinesis for some mayhem. Like a discus, the 25lbs weight flies at the brawler-clerk and catches him square in the jaw. As expected, the amped up workout monkeys nearby, who have no allegiance to Larry the loner, who has been generally antisocial, leap at the opportunity to deliver some justice and come to the rescue of the dazed brawler-clerk. Though Larry doesn't actually fight back, Lahz's TK-intervention incenses the gym rats further and Larry finds himself pummeled senseless.

"Here ya go," the brawler-clerk says to Lahz later as he delivers the limp (but still breathing) body of Larry to Lahz in the secret corridor. "Can't say I would mind if I never see this bastard ever again... if you get my drift." the clerk remarks, rubbing the growing bruise on his chin. He promptly turns around to give himself plausible deniability while letting Lahz leave with his quarry.

Lahz is able to secure Larry in the vehicle with Ray and drive away if he wishes.
ImageImage
User avatar
Grimloq
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:27 pm

Re: SPA pt.1: Warrens

Post by Grimloq »

Perception vs 31%: 1d100 = 71: 71
JIC: 1d100 = 23: 23| 1d20 = 8: 8
Detect Ambush vs 60%: 1d100 = 92: 92
Prowl vs 45%: 1d100 = 61: 61

Grimloq watches the feeling thugs partly in disbelief and partly in disappointment. He had worked himself up for the fight and his muscles were demanding some more violent exertion. The Grackle will take a few deep breaths and double check the street front, ensuring there were no more suspicious stragglers. If there is a dumpster or something similar nearby, Grimloq will lift the motionless body from its position on the ground one-handed and deposit the corpse into said receptacle. If he sees no container, storm drain, or the like, Grimloq will leave the body where it is.

The Grackle will then retrieve his bag of ribs and radio the team, informing them of the all clear.”The front of the gym is all clear. Just a bunch of locals mistaking us for easy marks. I might have a lead once the situation inside the Pile is dealt with: the Gold Nugget seems to be holding some out of town era the locals aren’t particularly fond of. Might the worth checking out.”

If he spots Vheld, Grimloq will make his way casually over to him. ”Hungry? I have food.” Grimloq says casually, wiping the hand he used to cave in the thugs face off on his leggings. ”I don’t think I bought enough for your…friends also. But there should be enough for the rest of the team.”

The Grackle will take up a position to arch the entrance to the Weight Pile as he waits for Meirin to (hopefully) circle back around and his teammates to emerge from inside the gym. I bet they are having fun in there. Finding the people that can take a punch. Grimloq snorts to himself, his own thoughts making his mood darken.
Grimloq
Grimloq
MDC:30/130

Maverick Riding Armor DESTROYED
Hat: -/10
L. Arm: -/12 | R. Arm: -/12
Body: -/36
L. Leg: -/16 | R. Leg: -/16
Thumper
L. Front Leg: 18/18 103/103 | R. Front Leg: ]8/18 103/103
L. Rear Leg: 25/25 103/103 | R. Rear Leg 25/25 103/103
Head: 50/50 136/136 | Small Center Horn: 15/15
Tail: 116/116 | Main Body: 90/90 140/180
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 447
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: SPA pt.1: Warrens

Post by Lahz »

Perception [45%]: 1d100 = 14: 14 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 15: 15
JiC D100: 1d100 = 95: 95

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 99%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Frustrated/on Edge, Vengeful] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Roadrunner PA, Psionic Seeking (86%, 9.00 Miles), Telekinesis: Super (300lbs, 900', 18 Min/L, RUE p.182), Telemechanic Mental Operation (130', 9.00 Min)

ISP: 95/221 ISP

Telemechanics [99%]: 1d100 = 33: 33

[hr][/hr]

Larry-the-Bomb-Maker wrote:"Woah, calm down. My cred stick is in my locker." Larry states defensively, holding his hands outright in a calming manner. "Just let me put these free weights back on the rack and we'll go get you paid."
*A locker eh? Sounds like the kind of place one would drop a Hotel room-key ... if one were staying in a hotel. Or I guess where one would stash a sidearm and ID.*
Vanguard_Brawler wrote:"Here ya go," the brawler-clerk says to Lahz later as he delivers the limp (but still breathing) body of Larry to Lahz in the secret corridor. "Can't say I would mind if I never see this bastard ever again... if you get my drift." the clerk remarks, rubbing the growing bruise on his chin. He promptly turns around to give himself plausible deniability while letting Lahz leave with his quarry.
Lahz gives an impressed nod to show the Brawler how extremely impressed he is (and stoke the guy's ego), "Can guarantee this is the last time he comes round this place, just going to go deliver an apology to Tricia. He mentioned a locker. If you're tossing his stuff out the back, he lifted a few things. You mind if I take a look? ... no damage, his cred stick will be the only thing left when we leave."

If permission is given, Lahz will head for the locker room and locate the guy's locker [opening it with Telemechanic Mental Operation (-12 ISP, 130', 9.00 Min)], shove all his possessions into a bag, but leave the credit card/stick. Before exiting the building, Lahz (Telemechanics with 5' range) will scan Larry's bag for any radios or other transmitters, and turn those off without touching them (Telemechanic Mental Operation). He will also access the wireless camera system (already patched into the Roadrunner), delete the last 1 hour of feed and turn it off until he leaves the building, *that feels like all the loose ends I can handle at the moment.*

Computer Operation 113%: 1d100 = 21: 21 -- Access video Feed memory & turn off for 10 min.
Computer Programming 93%: 1d100 = 20: 20 -- Delete 1hr video Feed memory


**If permission to access the locker is not given, Lahz shrugs and nods before picking up his quarry with 1 hand, "Ok, she had kind of given up on the stuff but I thought I'd check. You've got good moves fella. Thanks."

He then departs while summoning Ray via radio and shoves the guy into the back seat and tell Ray to refer to him (Lahz) as Mr. Green. Lahz will join the guy and apply a duct-tape blindfold, then some duct tape around the wrists.

"Package-James obtained. En route to Location 2. I'm calling him.”

*At the end of this, it'd love to wipe out the last 24 hours of his Memory, and see who he reaches out to. Do we have any small bugs around? Cut him open, drop one into his gut, hit him with the healing/repair Matter-Converter ... we can just follow him back. How do we find that girl, who were the other members of his squad? What are their specialties? What are they looking for?*

If the guy wakes up, Lahz will restrain him (Robot PS 26), "Awake are we James? Hold still, I believe you owe Tricia an apology. I think you'd like to be able to deliver that with all your teeth." The intent being to just convince the guy he's been mistakenly acquired and that this 'Tricia' will likely recognize that immediately and send him away. Lahz will gamely deflect and defer to any objections by the prisoner saying thinks like, "Maybe. You make your pitch to the boss-lady man. My job was just to pick you up from the Horsemen."

*I should put a voicechanger into the Roadrunner, and maybe preset a couple voices for Ray. Maybe a Euro accent. I could put a couple female voices in that were distinct from Mierin too in case we need one. Preparation is the best way to perfection right? That's what Dad used to say ... * a sharp stab of emotional pain jabs at Lahz as Nxla is still pretty fresh.

------ Ray the Robot ------
Amplified Hearing: Can hear sounds as quiet as 10 decibels as far away as 500'.
Pilot: Automobile 96%: 1d100 = 40: 40
Intelligence 90%: 1d100 = 26: 26

Ray drives out of Merctown with the prisoner and Lahz in the back, bound for the Hangar.
Lahz D'Gemmel
[ooc]ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))[/ooc]
User avatar
Wayne Northblade
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 9:07 am

Re: SPA pt.1: Warrens

Post by Wayne Northblade »

Perception: 1d100 = 82: 82/49%
JIC: 1d20 = 13: 13/ 1d100 = 59: 59

I might kill him if he doesn't get to the point. Maybe just an ear. Do people wear ratanoid ear necklaces? Hmm... Wayne's countenance is unnoticeable from behind his ever-present mask, but his eyes narrow more and more with each unnecessary word out of Clive the Rat's mouth. There's definitely a surprised/disgusted look at the mention of a gallon of white stuff from a red skinned Traveler God.

"Four hours? You don't say... So Clive, did these... 'reporters' leave you any contact info? Are there any camera systems so I can see what they look like? See, I'm going to...write a book about the Spook Squad and I could use the intel these reporters have. If it goes well, I could even get your story about the Space God or whatever in there too." Wayne transfers him another 100 Black Market credits.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 502
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: SPA pt.1: Warrens

Post by Vheld »

JIC: 1d20 = 15: 15, 1d100 = 63: 63
PER: 1d100 = 16: 16 vs. 79%
Prowl (Vheld)- 1d100 = 85: 85 vs. 109%
Prowl (Sil)- 1d100 = 21: 21 vs. 92%
To remain undetected.

Eventually, Vheld and Sil will glide up silently. ”Looks like I missed all the fun.” It has become eminently clear that others on the team are better-suited to this type of mission than the shifter, so Vheld is content to sit back and watch events unfold. His role is to be the menacing backup, and Vheld is almost looking forward to sitting around and glowering at everyone atop his phantom wolf.
Grimloq wrote:”Hungry? I have food.” Grimloq says casually, wiping the hand he used to cave in the thugs face off on his leggings. ”I don’t think I bought enough for your…friends also. But there should be enough for the rest of the team.”
The question catches Vheld off guard, and he stares for just a moment before replying, a mild look of distaste coming over his face. ”No, thank you. We don’t eat. Feel free to give my portion to the others.” Despite a fairly unimpressed reaction, Vheld does take note of the good-natured offer. Nice guy. Maybe this one’ll stick around.

Once they receive Lahz’s radio transmission, Vheld will first look quizzically at Mierin and Grimloq, making sure that they are to meet up. Then, he will say ”Let’s go.” as Sil bounds off towards the hangar, following Vheld’s telepathic guidance. Should Lahz arrive safely, Vheld will wait somewhere out of sight of the prisoner (interrogation spells at the ready).
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (33d remaining)
PPE: 314/329 (Vheld), 1100/1100 (Energy sphere), 83/83 (Sil). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 500/500 (Skarrah). MDC: 1200/1200 (Bakir), 187/187 (Birga).
Talismans: 3/3 on Vheld IA
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 604
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC
Contact:

Re: SPA pt.1: Warrens

Post by Mierin »

Perception: 1d100 = 53: 53 (82%)
JIC: 1d20 = 19: 19, 1d100 = 69: 69

Conditions:
Multi-Optic eyes
[ooc]Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet
Light Filters: Reduces glare[/ooc]

Mierin smirks a little to herself when she sees all the targets dispersing after she had taken a quick ride around the block. Seems like I apparently come off as easy prey. Mierin thinks to herself, unsure of how she feels about that but doesn't give it much thought. At least they had left before Lahz had reappeared with their target. When the cab gets back to the Weight Pile, Mierin tells the cab. ”I'll be right back. Stay here.” Mierin gets out of the cab and heads to where Grim and Vheld are.
Eventually, Vheld and Sil will glide up silently. ”Looks like I missed all the fun.”
Mierin shrugs. Once I left the area, so did they. I guess they thought I was an easy mark.” Fools
Once they receive Lahz’s radio transmission, Vheld will first look quizzically at Mierin and Grimloq, making sure that they are to meet up.
Mierin nods at Vheld to confirm she is ready to head out. ”Let's get this done.”
Mierin
"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies


Stats & Stuff
ISP: 31/35
HP:32/57
SDC: 24/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

CA-3 Light “Dead Boy” Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated) (DESTROYED)
Helmet--70/70, Arms--60/60, Legs--80/80, Main Body--100/100
Force Field: 0/160 (DEPLETED)
User avatar
Grimloq
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:27 pm

Re: SPA pt.1: Warrens

Post by Grimloq »

[Rolls carried]

Grimloq nods, looking up and down the street for any sign of the street rats bringing in reinforcements. ”I am going to make my way back for Thumper. Ill make my way back to… site 2? After.” He holds the bag of ribs out to Meirin. ”They are still hot, and should travel if you want to take them with you- You should arrive before I do. I am full.” wether or not Meirin takes the proffered bag, the Grackle will begin his return to the Haunt to collect Thumper. Should I check the hotel? If those louts fed me bad intel, they deserve a good beating, just on principle.
Grimloq
Grimloq
MDC:30/130

Maverick Riding Armor DESTROYED
Hat: -/10
L. Arm: -/12 | R. Arm: -/12
Body: -/36
L. Leg: -/16 | R. Leg: -/16
Thumper
L. Front Leg: 18/18 103/103 | R. Front Leg: ]8/18 103/103
L. Rear Leg: 25/25 103/103 | R. Rear Leg 25/25 103/103
Head: 50/50 136/136 | Small Center Horn: 15/15
Tail: 116/116 | Main Body: 90/90 140/180
User avatar
Grimloq
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:27 pm

Re: SPA pt.1: Warrens

Post by Grimloq »

Perception: 1d100<31: [84] = 0
JIC: 1d100: [34] = 34 | 1d20: [13] = 13
Detect Ambush: 1d100<60: [15*] = 1

Grimloq does not rush, but keeps at a steady pace on his way back to the Haunt. Those ribs were good. He muses to himself, regretting handing the bag over to Meirin. He turns a corner and crosses a street, ignoring the ‘wait’ signal.Continuing to head to the Haunt, Grimloqs brain begins working ahead of itself.

”I will need a smoker. And a grill.” The Grackle-Tooth licks his lips as his mind begins to plan.There has to be a spice shop in the city somewhere… ”A spice grinder?” The massive mercenary shakes his head. ”A mortar would be better.” He continues disown the streets of MercTown muttering to himself about the best spices for BBQ and whether or not it was worth the effort to start keeping pigs and/or cows. He stops in his tracks and slaps himself. You are not a fucking farmer Grim. Get it together.

As he nears the Haunt, Grimloq will open his comms. ”Zzazz, I am nearing the Haunt. Do you want me to bring Slithe with me to ‘Site 2’?” All I need to do is find a pig farm within a day or two of here and Thumper and I can go ‘hunting’ for a few days… Grimloq reasons with himself. ”I can still cook the meat. That’s fine, I’m allowed to do that.” He makes sure to see if anyone caught him talking to himself. He makes sure to Light a cigar and puff out his chest before he gets within the range of the Haunts cameras.
Grimloq
Grimloq
MDC:30/130

Maverick Riding Armor DESTROYED
Hat: -/10
L. Arm: -/12 | R. Arm: -/12
Body: -/36
L. Leg: -/16 | R. Leg: -/16
Thumper
L. Front Leg: 18/18 103/103 | R. Front Leg: ]8/18 103/103
L. Rear Leg: 25/25 103/103 | R. Rear Leg 25/25 103/103
Head: 50/50 136/136 | Small Center Horn: 15/15
Tail: 116/116 | Main Body: 90/90 140/180
User avatar
The Apothecary
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:45 pm

Re: SPA pt.1: Warrens

Post by The Apothecary »

Grim, Lahz, Mierin, Wayne, Vheld:


Lahz takes the man’s belongings and leaves the credit chit for the gym owner. There are two devices emitting signals which Lahz cuts off. One is a radio and the other seems to be a small signaling device. Similar to those used to mark airstrikes. There is also a data disk and small personal computer. But Lahz knows the Gym locker is not the place to attempt to look through it.

Wayne hears the rest of the group is heading back to the hangar with a possible lead in tow and ends up heading back there as well. His information, while coming from a rocky source, should still be reported back to the others.

Lahz dumps his unconscious prisoner into the truck as the rest of the Spooks gather themselves up and begin heading for their hanger. The Spooks arrive at their hanger with no hitches, their prisoner still out for the count. While the Spooks wait for the man to come back from the massive beat down he received, they enjoy the BBQ procured by Grim. The food is amazing, and sates their appetites. After cleaning up everyone can hear movement coming from the vehicle where the man is being held. ”W-what? Where the hell am I?”

Well, now that you have someone to talk to...what are you doing?
"Death may be a small mercy for some. Others come to me for the cure. Temporary or permanent I have it all."

AGM For: AAPS/Spooks

PCs: Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR); Kieko (H4H); Hellhound (VR)

GM: Sum Of All Fears (MARS/Atlantis)

Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 502
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: SPA pt.1: Warrens

Post by Vheld »

JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4 , 1d100: [28] = 28
PER: 1d100: [51] = 51 vs. 79%

Invoke trust/intimidate- 1d100: [1] = 1 vs. 70% (+5% vs. armed forces personnel)
To get the prisoner to talk.

As Lahz reports a clean getaway with his person of interest, Vheld will gather up those minions he has with him and retire to the hangar. For any minions still out in the field (e.g., Skarrah), he will cast calling and order them to attend him. Since he has time, Vheld will also swing by the nexus (on his way to the hangar) to recharge his personal PPE reserve. The shifter will remain silent until the prisoner is disposed of somewhere secure, whereupon Vheld will wait patiently for the man to return to consciousness. Not how I expected to spend my evening, watching a man sleep. I suppose it beats aimlessly traipsing around the Warrens. I wonder if that gang could somehow be turned to my advantage? Vheld will fritter away the time with such idle thoughts, but dispel them once the man awakens. Unless one of the others is especially interested in leading the interrogation, Vheld decides that his particular skills are much more useful now that the investigative portion of the operation is complete. Addressing Lahz and Mierin, he says "Allow me. I can get him to talk, if one of you would like to lead the questioning. My spell will ensure that he cannot lie to us- though it is best to repeat each question two or three times, to make sure his answers are consistent, in case he tries to fight the enchantment." Once they're ready, Vheld will head inside.

Fully leaning in to the role of the eldritch mage, Vheld will glide into the room where the man waits and without preamble cast the spell words of truth ((-15 PPE)). After waiting a moment to ensure that the spell has taken hold, Vheld will put on his most intimidating demeanor and lean in close to the man to tell him a few facts. "Hello. Forgive my abruptness, but I was having a perfectly serviceable day which has since been interrupted. I'm sure we can all agree that getting back to it as quickly as possible is in everyone's best interest. Which brings me to your best interest. Specifically, a choice you're going to have to make in the next few minutes. Two, in fact. My friend here" he indicates whoever's along to do the interrogating "is going to ask you some questions. Now you may find yourself wondering why you should answer them, maybe even trying not to. That would be a bad choice. Because, you see, I have other spells than the one I cast just now. Like one very useful spell that causes pain- indescribable agony, in fact. I could make it last for hours, and at the end of all that you'd be answering our questions anyway. Now, I know, I know- you probably have some fancy Coalition anti-interrogation training. You could go for weeks if you really wanted to! Very tough. So strong. But see, if the torture doesn't work, then I move onto the psionics. Not just telepathy, no no- I have a demon out there who can do a full mind bond, and she would be more than happy to crack your mind open like an egg to get us the answers we want. And this process, setting aside the unpleasant psychological and emotional aftereffects of that whole thing, would unfortunately leave you with more information about us than I'm especially comfortable with. The others would likely insist on executing you for what you know."

"Now. All of that can be avoided if you just tell us the truth. So. When my friends here start asking questions, I want you to think- very carefully. Not just about your truthful answers to us, but your answer to yourself. I want you to think, 'Just how much pointless suffering and death do I feel like signing up for today?', okay?"
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (33d remaining)
PPE: 314/329 (Vheld), 1100/1100 (Energy sphere), 83/83 (Sil). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 500/500 (Skarrah). MDC: 1200/1200 (Bakir), 187/187 (Birga).
Talismans: 3/3 on Vheld IA
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Grimloq
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:27 pm

Re: SPA pt.1: Warrens

Post by Grimloq »

Perception: 1d100<34: [38] = 0
JIC: 1d100: [79] = 79 | 1d20: [8] = 8
Detect Ambush: 1d100<60: [78] = 0

Grimloq approaches the Hanger and makes sure the automated security forces and his allies know he is approaching. ”I have arrived.”. He states matter of factly before entering the security line of the Hanger. Grimloq will head into the granger proper from the back; through Thumpers stall. He will break down Thumpers saddle and fill the Dinostang’s water trough. ”I hope you had fun in the Minefield.” Thumper grunts. ”I found a spot that does ribs” The herbivore is unimpressed. Grimloq will shrug, shouldering his tack and weapons.

Grimloq will enter the main area of the hanger briefly, heading to his room. He’s will acknowledge any Spooks he sees before heading into his own quarters to stow the saddle, and hammers. He will eye his new acquisition, testing the gravity mauls weight with a few short swings. I bet you cave in faces nicely. He hangs it next to the Thunderer.

Finally, Grimloq will make his way to where the spooks are gathered. If there is a means to peer in or observe the interrogation talking place, Grimloq will look with interest. ”If he isn’t singing, I don’t mind breaking a few kneecaps.” Grimloq states simply. It’s obvious he doesn’t think it will be needed as he watches Vheld lay the groundwork for a textbook confession.
Grimloq
Grimloq
MDC:30/130

Maverick Riding Armor DESTROYED
Hat: -/10
L. Arm: -/12 | R. Arm: -/12
Body: -/36
L. Leg: -/16 | R. Leg: -/16
Thumper
L. Front Leg: 18/18 103/103 | R. Front Leg: ]8/18 103/103
L. Rear Leg: 25/25 103/103 | R. Rear Leg 25/25 103/103
Head: 50/50 136/136 | Small Center Horn: 15/15
Tail: 116/116 | Main Body: 90/90 140/180
User avatar
Wayne Northblade
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 9:07 am

Re: SPA pt.1: Warrens

Post by Wayne Northblade »

Perception: 1d100: [35] = 35 /49%
JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13 / 1d100: [77] = 77
"Clive. Thank you. Your help has been...indescribable. You hear anything else, you send me a message to Pyramid Tattoo. As for Wen, he knows how to find me. Name's Northblade." Wayne transfers another 100 creds to his stick and then bows and leaves to the Spook Squad's Hanger. Thank fuck there's another lead. I couldn't take anymore of that goddamn blathering. Wayne nods to the barkeep on his way out and leaves a 50 cred tip at the tip receptacle.

On the walk back to the Hanger, Wayne passes through the grime and filth of the Warrens and feels at home. They may be poor, smelly, unintelligent, and disease-ridden but at least they've got moxie. The kids drinking on the street, the drunks pissing on the street, and the belligerent slugging it out in the streets all make him feel more at home. Chaos. Perfection.

Arriving at the Hanger, Wayne catches up with the rest of the crew about their various attempts at intelligence. "I suffered through a ratanoid dishwasher's longwinded story about space gods and...did a red space god leave a gallon of white liquid as a gift?" He looks Mierin's way. "No? Nevermind, anyway... the ratanoid told me about some quote-unquote reporters interested in the Spooks. Gave them all kinds of stories about Thorn that they didn't care about. They did seem to care, however, when the subject of our security was brought up. Wondered if anyone had ever breached. I told him I was a reporter and wanted the same info and to reach out if he had anymore. So, what've we got here?" When he finds out about the prisoner, he gets excited. "Oh, this is absolutely wonderful. Are we going to film his interrogation? What? No reason, just curious."

When the ribs come out, Wayne makes himself a to-go plate and asks Grimlock "Big fellow. Mind if I store my goodies in your room fridge? I'd hate for them to go missing. I'm a terror when I'm hangry."
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 604
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC
Contact:

Re: SPA pt.1: Warrens

Post by Mierin »

Perception: 1d100: [9] = 9 (82%)
JIC: 1d20: [12] = 12 , 1d100: [12] = 12

Detect Ambush 1d100: [96] = 96 (98%)
Detect Concealment 1d100: [73] = 73 (63%)

Conditions:
Multi-Optic eyes
OOC Comments
Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet
Light Filters: Reduces glare
"I suffered through a ratanoid dishwasher's longwinded story about space gods and...did a red space god leave a gallon of white liquid as a gift?" He looks Mierin's way.[/b]

Mierin frowns at Northblade. “Red Space God?” It's clear Mierin has no idea what he's talking about. She's about to ask who the hell would give a gallon of white liquid as a gift and then shakes her head. You know what? I don't really need to know the answer to that.

Mierin figures that Lahz should take over the interrogation, given that he's the leader of the group. Plus, given Vheld's impressive opening act, Mierin figure that there's very little she can do to help. Back in the CS, she had gotten compliments on her interrogation skills and how she'd been able to get answers from prisoners, but nothing she could do would compare to this.

Mierin leans up against the nearest wall as she watches the interrogation. Mierin is alarmed as her sixth sense suddenly triggers! She stands up straight and starts surveying her surroundings for signs of trouble. She says quietly to the rest of the Squad. ”We've got trouble incoming, boys. Be prepared.” Mierin grabs the TX-22 Laser pistol and holds it as she attempts to find whatever triggered her alarming feeling.
Mierin
"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies


Stats & Stuff
ISP: 31/35
HP:32/57
SDC: 24/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

CA-3 Light “Dead Boy” Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated) (DESTROYED)
Helmet--70/70, Arms--60/60, Legs--80/80, Main Body--100/100
Force Field: 0/160 (DEPLETED)
User avatar
Grimloq
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:27 pm

Re: SPA pt.1: Warrens

Post by Grimloq »

[Rolls Carried]

Wayne wrote:"Big fellow. Mind if I store my goodies in your room fridge? I'd hate for them to go missing. I'm a terror when I'm hangry."
Grimloq shakes his head. "That should not be an issue. I have been considering installing a larger kitchen and freezer anyway."
Meirin wrote:”We've got trouble incoming, boys. Be prepared.”
Grimloq eyes Meirin quizzically after she gives her warning. Is she a precogbobinator? Precogeniter? Is Meirin Psychic? The Grackle says nothing but moves to his room and retrieves his new hammer and shotgun. He will holster the maul. Simply making sure he is armed. Just in case. One of them plays poker with demons. One of them turns into a fortunes worth of precious metal at a whim... why wouldn't the small one be psychic? I need to watch what I think around her. Grimloq realizes he has been staring at Meirin, instead of the interrogation, or possible avenues of attack. He blinks and looks away.

He clears his throat and pulls out a cigar. "Ill check the perimeter." He moves towards the front entrance.
Grimloq
Grimloq
MDC:30/130

Maverick Riding Armor DESTROYED
Hat: -/10
L. Arm: -/12 | R. Arm: -/12
Body: -/36
L. Leg: -/16 | R. Leg: -/16
Thumper
L. Front Leg: 18/18 103/103 | R. Front Leg: ]8/18 103/103
L. Rear Leg: 25/25 103/103 | R. Rear Leg 25/25 103/103
Head: 50/50 136/136 | Small Center Horn: 15/15
Tail: 116/116 | Main Body: 90/90 140/180
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 447
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: SPA pt.1: Warrens

Post by Lahz »

Perception [45%]: [roll]1d100[/roll] [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: [roll]1d20[/roll]
JiC D100: [roll]1d100[/roll]

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 99%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Frustrated/on Edge, Vengeful] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Roadrunner PA

ISP: 95/221 ISP

Telemechanics [99%]: [roll]1d100[/roll]

After a short meal, Lahz has Ray retrieve Larry-the-Bomb-Maker from the vehicle and drag him over to a plain chair since the guy is still bound with a duct-tape blindfold and duct tape around the wrists. He listens quietly to Vheld's convincing outline of reasons that Larry should be forthcoming in answering their questions.

Lahz steps in close to speak in a low voice:
Initial_Questioning
What is your Full Name and Rank?
Who is your commanding officer here in Merctown?
Who is gave your team orders to come here to Merctown?
How many members in your team?
What are their names?
Where are the members of your team staying in Merctown?
Where did you receive this assignment?
Is your target a person or an object?
What is your objective with respect to your target?
Are you or any member of your team engaged in surveillance of the Spook Squad's HQ?
Were you involved in an assault on the Spook Squad HQ?
Did you build a device for delivery to the the Spook Squad HQ?
Why?
Are you or any member of your team engaged in surveillance of the Spook Squad's Airport Hangar?
Is that surveillance continuous or periodic?
How many members of the Spook Squad are known to your team?
Who are the members of the Spook Squad are known to your team?
Great, __Name-Given__, do you have any children?
*** if Yes to prior --- What are their names and where do they live?
Are your parents alive, or do you have any living siblings?
*** if Yes to prior --- What are their names, ages, and where do they live?
When Mierin calls out her warning, Lahz will direct Ray to secure Larry in the brig of their in-progress craft (unless Vheld secures the guy with some kind of spell), then draws his Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol and begins to move towards the main door for the Hangar to check for any incoming threats. "Roy, Gene, and Bivv, grab weapons, and get to positions to provide cover fire."
Lahz D'Gemmel
[ooc]ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))[/ooc]
User avatar
The Apothecary
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:45 pm

Re: SPA pt.1: Warrens

Post by The Apothecary »

Date: September 6th 111PA
Time: 1406

Grim, Lahz, Mierin, Wayne, Vheld:


Vheld moves to the captive as he comes to. Before Vheld can speak the man spits at him, ”Inhuman trash!” Vheld puts on his most intimidating demeanor and leans in close to the man to tell him a few facts. "Hello. Forgive my abruptness, but I was having a perfectly serviceable day which has since been interrupted. I'm sure we can all agree that getting back to it as quickly as possible is in everyone's best interest. Which brings me to your best interest. Specifically, a choice you're going to have to make in the next few minutes. Two, in fact. My friend here" he indicates whoever's along to do the interrogating "is going to ask you some questions. Now you may find yourself wondering why you should answer them, maybe even trying not to. That would be a bad choice. Because, you see, I have other spells than the one I cast just now. Like one very useful spell that causes pain- indescribable agony, in fact. I could make it last for hours, and at the end of all that you'd be answering our questions anyway. Now, I know, I know- you probably have some fancy Coalition anti-interrogation training. You could go for weeks if you really wanted to! Very tough. So strong. But see, if the torture doesn't work, then I move onto the psionics. Not just telepathy, no no- I have a demon out there who can do a full mind bond, and she would be more than happy to crack your mind open like an egg to get us the answers we want. And this process, setting aside the unpleasant psychological and emotional aftereffects of that whole thing, would unfortunately leave you with more information about us than I'm especially comfortable with. The others would likely insist on executing you for what you know."
"Now. All of that can be avoided if you just tell us the truth. So. When my friends here start asking questions, I want you to think- very carefully. Not just about your truthful answers to us, but your answer to yourself. I want you to think, 'Just how much pointless suffering and death do I feel like signing up for today?', okay?"
The man shrinks back in the face of such raw intimidation, his previous gusto nowhere to be seen. He begins shaking as Vheld backs off and Lahz begins the interrogation proper.

Not one to waste a good opportunity Lahz begins the questioning. The man looks like he wants to resist but is much too afraid of what Vheld will do to him. His slight hesitation turns into a resigned sigh. As he begins to answer Lahz’s questions.

What is your Full Name and Rank?- ”Thomas Hart, Corporal”
Who is your commanding officer here in Merctown?- ”Captain Smithe”
Who gave your team orders to come here to Merctown?- "We're not officially on anyone's payroll. We are here to do what must be done. Whether the CS want it or not.”
How many members are in your team?- ”Huh...Six”
What are their names?- ”I know what you can do with names. You won’t get those from me.” The man looks back to Vheld for a moment. "...Fuck...Damnit.. Smithe, Charles, Jackson, Withers, and Garcia...Damnit, I'm sorry guys."
Where are the members of your team staying in Merctown?- ”We are back in the warrens.”
Where did you receive this assignment?- ”From Captain Smithe”
Is your target a person or an object?- ”An object. We should have kill you out of the gate.”
What is your objective with respect to your target?- ”Information security”
Are you or any member of your team engaged in surveillance of the Spook Squad's HQ?- ”Of course we are.”

As he says this Mierin calls out a warning ”We've got trouble incoming, boys. Be prepared.” Mierin grabs the TX-22 Laser pistol and holds it as she attempts to find whatever triggered her alarming feeling. Grim clears his throat and pulls out a cigar. "Ill check the perimeter." He moves towards the front entrance. When Mierin calls out her warning, Lahz will direct Ray to secure Larry in the brig of their in-progress craft (unless Vheld secures the guy with some kind of spell), then draws his Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol and begins to move towards the main door for the Hangar to check for any incoming threats. "Roy, Gene, and Bivv, grab weapons, and get to positions to provide cover fire."

As the Spooks look for the new threat they just barely hear the MercTown air raid siren begin sounding. The prisoner begins laughing hysterically. ZIP!BOOM! Before anyone can ask him why he’s laughing, a massive explosion at the front of the building sends Grim and Lahz flying back into the hangar. Grim tumbles past everyone skidding to a stop smoking, while Lahz skids to a stop in the super hero landing pose. Lahz’s is exposed from the impact of the explosion. Before anyone can register anything else, more explosions come raining down on the hanger. The roof sudders apart as a massive telephone pole sized object explodes in the middle of the newly rebuilt group ship. The explosion is deafening and more massive than anything they have seen before. Like confetti on the wind, the Spooks are all tossed away from the center of the room. They are continually assaulted by more and more strikes. Twelve missiles rain down on their position. Within the blink of an eye the building crumbles under the assault, burying the Spooks in their own building. Their last vision being of blasted concrete and metal sheeting falling at them.

(Grim: Armor: Destroyed; MDC: -100; Thumper - 40 MDC Main Body)
(Vheld: Mage armor: Destroyed; -112 SDC, -16 HP)
(Wayne: TFRC-02: Severely damaged MB -90 MDC; All Limbs sections destroyed; Cyber Armor: - 10 MDC to all but the MB; -36 SDC; -10 HP)
(Mierin: CA-3 Light: Destroyed; -72 SDC; -25 HP)
(Lahz: PA-002G: Inoperable -135 MDC all locations; -26 SDC; -10 HP)


Darkness is all that greets the Spooks as they come to. Pinned under the rubble of their once hanger. They can all tell they have been seriously injured. However as they come to they can not see one another, rubble is all you can see. A high pitched ringing overrides most other noise. You can feel bricks and metal shift as you move.

Well...I’m sure this was not what anyone was expecting...I hope you like the twist…
"Death may be a small mercy for some. Others come to me for the cure. Temporary or permanent I have it all."

AGM For: AAPS/Spooks

PCs: Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR); Kieko (H4H); Hellhound (VR)

GM: Sum Of All Fears (MARS/Atlantis)

Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Grimloq
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:27 pm

Re: SPA pt.1: Warrens

Post by Grimloq »

Perception: 1d100<31: [94] = 0
JIC: 1d100: [78] = 78 | 1d20: [5] = 5

Grimloq roars in pain and anger as he lifts himself up, coughing blood. ”Whoever did that really fucked themselves. Should have fired another salvo.” Grimloq growls between clotted coughs. The Grackle looks around the wreckage, beginning to take stock of his situation. Im alive. That’s good. Are the humans? Goddamnit. If those insensitive asshats killed Thumper I am going to be even more mad. Grimloq coughs again, this time he starts gagging on something hard. With one burnt hand he reaches into his mouth and pulls one of his own teeth from out of his throat.

The DBee obviously has some major internal injuries besides his external gashes and burns. One of his eyes is bloodshot and his left ear is dripping blood. A long, wicked gash runs down the grackles back and tail, revealing the white of ribs. His impressive healing factor is not immediate, but it does allow the large Spook to begin searching for his squad- with some major discomfort.

”Thumper!” Grimloq takes a moment to catch his breath, pulling the scraps of his leathers off of him. ”Anyone? Boss? Who is still alive? We have some revenge to dish out.” Grimloq begins sorting through the wreckage, looking for signs of his team and mount. He ignores any first responders who may show.

When Ronan arrives, Grimloq will pause in his moving of heavy debris and nod to him. He spits up a ball of dust and congealed blood. ”You missed the party. We had Ribs. A guest came over. V gave an inspiring speech. Took the house right down.”
Grimloq
Grimloq
MDC:30/130

Maverick Riding Armor DESTROYED
Hat: -/10
L. Arm: -/12 | R. Arm: -/12
Body: -/36
L. Leg: -/16 | R. Leg: -/16
Thumper
L. Front Leg: 18/18 103/103 | R. Front Leg: ]8/18 103/103
L. Rear Leg: 25/25 103/103 | R. Rear Leg 25/25 103/103
Head: 50/50 136/136 | Small Center Horn: 15/15
Tail: 116/116 | Main Body: 90/90 140/180
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: SPA pt.1: Warrens

Post by Ronan »

Perception: 1d100: [42] = 42 / 34%
JiC: 1d20: [5] = 5 / 1d100: [34] = 34

Conditions:
[225/225 MDC] | Duration: 00:27m:00s | Recovers 1d6 MDC per Melee | Completely environmental | All Energy attacks, magic or mundane do half | No damage carryover if destroyed | -15% Prowl, Climb, Swim
/
[4 on initiative. 2 to parry and dodge. 2 to strike. One additional attack per melee. No minuses apply when blinded or in darkness. 1,000ft]
|
Range: 90ft | Determine general flesh health of another being. Reveals if little or many HP/SDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically
|
Touch | 2d6 S.D.C/HP or M.D.C. per touch


Radar Skills
Interpreting Shapes: 1d100: [81] = 81 /79%
Estimating Distance: 1d100: [53] = 53 /84%
Estimating Direction: 1d100: [41] = 41 /84%
Estimating Speed: 1d100: [43] = 43 /64%
Estimating Exact Location: 1d100: [43] = 43 /74%

Skills
Demolitions: 1d100: [30] = 30 /94% (Gauge the damage of the bombs based on what he's seen.)
Detect Ambush: 1d100: [84] = 84 /69% (Watch for signs of enemy clean up crews, more incoming)
Salvage: 1d100: [43] = 43 /64% (Visibly check the vic Lahz was building to see if it's totally demolished or still salvageable.)

Post

Upon arrival to the Hangar, Ronan furrows his brow as he lands amid the destruction of the leveled building. "Shit." Ronan mutters when he lands, thankful he doesn't find any enemies nearby. I've seen worse, but never had worse land on my own home base. Bastards knew right where to hit us. Hopefully they survived that blast. Ronan thinks as he queues his Radar ability and his ability to Sense Health of Flesh to search the debris and go to whomever appears the most hurt first. No single part of the hangar would be too heavy for the arismal to lift and he will readily begin sifting through the debris.
Grim wrote:”You missed the party. We had Ribs. A guest came over. V gave an inspiring speech. Took the house right down.”
When Ronan hears the clutter, clanking and shuffling of movement, he turns towards it and smiles as he spots the larger, basically naked lizard. "You scaly, tough, and naked bastard. You good? Everyone else buried under this?" He asks, sifting his way through. "Com'ere, I can do a patch job real easily, but I want to get some of the squishier ones out. Tend to your pet and maybe find some cloths, try to keep an eye on the perimeter, I'll dig folks out. When I find someone, I'll see that they are stabilized, then I want you to move them. Zzazz should be right behind me, and he can help tend to the injured." Ronan says to Grimlock, placing his hand on the large lizard-man's shoulder and healing him for 2d6: [3, 2] = 5 M.D.C. Grim can tell, by this point, that the goggled mercenary is familiar with demolitions and probably comes from a military background.

Ronan'll then move away and continue sifting through the rubble. He will prioritize finding the others based on how hurt they seem and try to find them in the following order; Mierin, Vheld, Wayne then Lahz.

To each person he finds, he'll have a slightly different comment that Ronan makes with the intent to actually determine their level on consciousness, trying to make them laugh or scoff to make sure they are actually aware. Each person Ronan finds, he'll take a moment to heal for 2d6 H.P. until they are full on H.P. (3 actions, 7 seconds per heal).

When Ronan finds Mierin, Ronan'll say "Did you ignore an ex-boyfriend's call from the Skullheads? We'll go skull stomping soon, then, drinks on me."
When Ronan finds Vheld, Ronan'll say "If only your hocus pocus stuff could've seen this coming. Let's go, we'll murder then later. Maybe I can make a couple of them silver statues."
When Ronan finds Wayne, Ronan'll say "Ya know, this explosion probably made you prettier. I'll tell ya what, I'll contort the face of every skullhead we find. Alleyoop."
When Ronan finds Lahz, Ronan'll say "We'll fuel that vic you were building with their blood when we find them, now upsidaisies."
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (Phase World: Galactic Rogues) | Theron Wymond (PFRPG B) | Harbinger (Phase World: Void Reavers)
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 321/321 (516 w/ MES)
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: Streetwolf MDC Biker Jacker: [12 M.D.C.] | Streetwolf Combat Pants: [8 M.D.C.] | Naruni Heavy Force Field [110 M.D.C.]
Carried: Will Declare but most likely KLS
Carried [Secured in Dimensional Bag]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C | Skorblade Short Blade

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 45% [49%]
Toxins (15+): +3
Magic (varies): +3 [+5]
Lethal Poison (14+): +3 [+5]
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +3 [+5]
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (15+): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +2
User avatar
Zzazz
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:26 am

Re: SPA pt.1: Warrens

Post by Zzazz »

Perception: [roll]1d100[/roll] /31%
JIC: [roll]1d20[/roll] / [roll]1d100[/roll]
Initiative: [roll]1d20+8[/roll] sixth sense activates
APM: 5

Conditions:
- PPE: 110 / 110 at end of post
- ISP: 158 / 158
Sixth Sense (always on / +6 initiative, +2 parry, +3 dodge and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind / 1st round only)
Sense Supernatural Evil (Automatic / Range: 340 ft / 50% = [roll]1d100[/roll] )
PB: 16 ((30% charm/impress))


Skills -
First Aid 75%

Light Healing (6)

Psychic Diagnosis (4)
Suppress Fear (8)

Post
Zzazz pulls into the hangar yard atop Slithe. As soon as they slide to a stop, he jumps off and moves to Grim. ”You okay, big guy?” He gives Grim a quick look with first aid. Seeing Grim’s regeneration working, Zzazz lets him be. ”Take it easy for awhile. Let you regen do it’s thing. If we need you, we will call out. Until then help make the others comfortable.” Zzazz moves over to Ronan. ”Slithe, try to find others. If you can help, do so. If not able to help, make noise and we will come to you.”

Approaching Ronan, ”What can i do?” While he awaits instructions, he will check on any others that may be there. He will do the same routine for all. First, he will give a once over with first aid. Then if something serious, Zzazz will use psychic diagnoses to determine issues, and will use suppress fear if needed. Lastly, he will use light healing spell if immediate healing is needed.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 502
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: SPA pt.1: Warrens

Post by Vheld »

JIC: 1d20: [6] = 6 , 1d100: [87] = 87
PER: 1d100: [19] = 19 vs. 79%

Teleport: Superior instant death- 1d100: [28] = 28 vs. 99%

Battered, bloody, and near death Vheld’s ears continue ringing for several seconds. The agent was talking. Then Mierin’s warning. An attack- no. Air siren. An airstrike. Had to be the Coalition- Vheld had seen such tactics before, in Tolkeen. Besides, nobody else around here with motive or means to attack MercTown like that. As a rule, mercenaries are not to be fucked with. Except us, apparently. Vheld’s first act is to reach out telepathically, to make sure that Sil is alright. If she is close enough to Vheld that he can touch her, he will do so and direct her to shift to phantom form. Otherwise, Vheld will try to play through the pain enough to cast D-step, and extricate himself from the rubble that way.

Either way, Vheld and Sil should appear outside shortly afterwards, with Vheld falling to his knees, blood streaming down his face, as he casts a fast invincible armor spell to protect himself. Grimacing again, he gets to his feet and surveys the damage (along with any of the others who are on their feet and on the scene). ”Is everyone alright?” If there’s anyone who’s still buried in the rubble (including their prisoner), Vheld will growl between clenched teeth ”Skarrah will be here soon. She can heal us. But we have to get them out first. Ronan, stand clear.” Vheld begins another, more complex invocation, pulling PPE from his energy sphere and casting teleport: superior on himself and 11,000 pounds of rubble. If the total damage weighs more than that, Vheld will focus on teleporting out the largest pieces that might be big enough to pin someone of human size. His destination will be close by, in line of sight, anywhere open enough that he can safely deposit the rubble. Once that’s done, the shifter limps back. He will accept any healing that’s offered, and after everyone is out safely will wearily nod along with the suggestion to return to the Haunt.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (33d remaining)
PPE: 314/329 (Vheld), 1100/1100 (Energy sphere), 83/83 (Sil). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 500/500 (Skarrah). MDC: 1200/1200 (Bakir), 187/187 (Birga).
Talismans: 3/3 on Vheld IA
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 447
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: SPA pt.1: Warrens

Post by Lahz »

Perception [45%]: 1d100: [81] = 81 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20: [7] = 7
JiC D100: 1d100: [91] = 91

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 99%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Furious, Vengeful] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Roadrunner PA (-135 MD), Machine & Electrical Diagnosis power (Touch, 18.00 Min)

ISP: 83/221 ISP

Telemechanics [99%]: 1d100: [20] = 20


Lying in the wreckage of his near useless Roadrunner armor, Lahz psychically radiates white hot fury that is plain to everyone who comes within range (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics). As his bell ringing clears, the Psi-Tech reaches immediately for the radio to cycle to a different channel, "Kit! Rex! Status Report!! Are Aurelia and Kaiya ok? Has there been any kind of assault on the Haunt? If not get them to Sir Thorn and advise there has been an assault on the Hangar."

Next, the Elf cycles back to the main team-channel, "Spooks Report in. Ace alive and angry. Any casualties? Ray, Roy, Gene, Bivv, report status. Bots, come over to me if you can. Someone find me that piece of crap bomb-maker, Hart." Lahz then activates his Machine & Electrical Diagnosis power (-6 ISP, Touch, 18.00 Min, Psyscape Pg 75) to evaluate the status of his armor (is this thing even fixable? if not, is any part recoverable?). Lahz will locate his Naruni multi-tool and (after a psychic scan to confirm it is functional) begins configuring and reconfiguring the stupid thing to extract himself (Mechanical Engineering 88%: 1d100: [76] = 76 , Robot Mechanics 83%: 1d100: [3] = 3 , Pilot: Robots & Power Armor 103%: 1d100: [21] = 21 , Field Armorer & Munitions Expert 71%: 1d100: [68] = 68 )

When Grim and/or Ronan locate Lahz, he is in the midst of seeking to remove his near ruined power armor without causing himself or it further damage. He very nearly shakes off Ronan's attempts at assistance with a furious growl, but eventually restrains himself long enough to briefly hold still.
Each person Ronan finds, he'll take a moment to heal for 2d6 H.P. until they are full on H.P. (3 actions, 7 seconds per heal).
* 2d6: [4, 2] = 6
* 2d6: [5, 5] = 10
* 2d6: [6, 5] = 11
Lahz does not respond to quips or comments of reassurance with any of his own, and his own emotions are being projected without filter. Once extracted from his Roadrunner and the robots have been checked, the Psi-Tech will proceed over to start checking the group's vehicle (and the GAW Hum-Vee that it looks will be his ride back into the city) to determine how much damage they sustained and try to ballpark the cost of repairs, then use Psionic Seeking (-6 ISP, 1 Mile/L, 45.00 Min, 86%: 1d100: [67] = 67 ) and the holo-image from his Drone Control Gauntlet to locate Hart if no one else has done so yet. If he comes across anything that looks like part from the missiles (scrap, electronics, etc), he will set a few pieces aside for future examination.

Salvage 83%: 1d100: [57] = 57 - ID parts of Missile
Last edited by Lahz on Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lahz D'Gemmel
[ooc]ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))[/ooc]
User avatar
Wayne Northblade
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 9:07 am

Re: SPA pt.1: Warrens

Post by Wayne Northblade »

Perception: 1d100: [48] = 48 49%
JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4 / 1d100: [93] = 93
Conditions:

  • Helmet: 0/45 MDC
  • Arms:
    • L - 0/40 MDC
    • R - 0/40 MDC
  • Legs:
    • L - 0/45 MDC
    • R - 0/45 MDC
  • Main Body: 10/100 MDC

  • Main Body: 53/53 MDC
  • Upper Legs:
    • L – 6/16 MDC
    • R – 6/16 MDC
  • Forearms:
    • L – 1/11 MDC
    • R – 1/11 MDC
  • Shoulders:
    • L - 0/9 MDC
    • R – 0/9 MDC
  • Back: 6/16 MDC
  • Shoulder Plate: 6/16 MDC
19/55
  • Start of post: 21/31
  • End of post: 31/31


One moment he is thinking about how to sneak away from the group to remove his helmet and enjoy some ribs while they interrogate a prisoner. The next, he is caught flat on his back under piles of rubble. "Ungh... Armor's...trash. Thanks for...the high pain tolerance, Slaine." Wayne conjures a Psi-Sword that stabs through the detritus like a hot vibro-knife through butter troll. He conjures a second one, creating a circle in what's on him, then slicing that in half and emerging through the much lighter pieces of destruction.
Ronan wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:53 pm To each person he finds, he'll have a slightly different comment that Ronan makes with the intent to actually determine their level on consciousness, trying to make them laugh or scoff to make sure they are actually aware. Each person Ronan finds, he'll take a moment to heal for 2d6 H.P. until they are full on H.P. (3 actions, 7 seconds per heal).
When Ronan finds Wayne, Ronan'll say "Ya know, this explosion probably made you prettier. I'll tell ya what, I'll contort the face of every skullhead we find. Alleyoop."
At the comment, Wayne realizes that he can feel the air on his face. Up until this moment, none of the Spooks had seen his actual face. "Oh, fuck me. They broke my fucking mask." He cancels his Psi-Swords and feels around his face, his arms aching as he moves them. Thank god, the faceplate is intact. I'll have it rebuilt. Can't build a reputation without your face. "Thanks for the assist. What the fuck just happened?" Wayne asks as Ronan heals him up.

If he can find it, Wayne grabs a piece of fabric to tie around most of his face, leaving his eyes available to see the world but concealing the rest of himself.

Healing Rolls: 2d6: [2, 1] = 3 2d6: [6, 3] = 9
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 604
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC
Contact:

Re: SPA pt.1: Warrens

Post by Mierin »

Perception: 1d100: [97] = 97 (82%)
JIC: 1d20: [3] = 3 , 1d100: [4] = 4

Conditions:
Multi-Optic eyes
OOC Comments
Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet
Light Filters: Reduces glare
Hearing the Merctown air raid siren, Mierin's eyes widen. Just then the first explosion hits and Mierin watches Grim and Lahz being thrown back into the hanger. She looks over at the laughing prisoner and starts to think Oh shi-. Before she can react, Mierin is distracted by more explosions raining down on the hanger. Feeling herself flying backwards in the air, Mierin slams into something hard and falls to the ground before the ceiling and the rest of the building collapses on top of them.

When she comes to, Mierin wonders if it's finally happened – someone has finally managed to kill her. However she quickly realizes she is alive as she tries to move and pain floods through her causing her to gasp out loud. Realizing she is trapped under debris, Mierin tries to get out from underneath it without injuring herself further. Once she gets out, Mierin does a quick head count to make sure the others are out of the rubble and alive. That was too close for my liking.
When Ronan finds Mierin, Ronan'll say "Did you ignore an ex-boyfriend's call from the Skullheads? We'll go skull stomping soon, then, drinks on me."[/b]
Mierin doesn't laugh at the comment, clearly not in a laughing mood though she is responsive and quietly says to Ronan. ”Thanks for the assist, Ronan.” It's clear she's in pain, though thanks to the healing, it's not as bad as it was. ”I could definitely use a drink or two." Mierin scowls as she looks at the ruins of the group's hangar. ”There are a few people out there who need my boot up their ass.” Sighing, she looks down at the ruins of her armour. ”I guess I'll have to get new armour first.” Mierin idly wonders if her armour can be fixed, but isn't all that optimistic. At least the force field is recoverable.
Mierin
"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies


Stats & Stuff
ISP: 31/35
HP:32/57
SDC: 24/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

CA-3 Light “Dead Boy” Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated) (DESTROYED)
Helmet--70/70, Arms--60/60, Legs--80/80, Main Body--100/100
Force Field: 0/160 (DEPLETED)
User avatar
The Apothecary
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:45 pm

Re: SPA pt.1: Warrens

Post by The Apothecary »

Date: September 6th 111PA
Time: 1426


Ronan queues his radio to the general Defender's frequency. "Ronan of the Spook Squad flying to the outskirts to help in damage control. I'm going over the walls, don't shoot me down."
"Spooks, this is MT defender control. Tagging you as an assistance force. We are stretched thin. Appreciate the assistance."

Ronan blitzes through the sky along a path Zzazz just can’t keep up with. Ronan lands to see the hangar and few surrounding buildings in absolute ruins. Ronan notices a 10 foot crater at the front of the hanger. Ronan has to move to the sides to get around the hole in the ground. TO his eyes it looks like the kind of hole made from some kind of artillery strike. Zzazz arrives a couple of minutes behind Ronan, his mount panting heavily from the sustained high speed of Zzazz’s travel. Both men move to start assisting their comrades from the wreckage of their hanger.

Grim is the first to wake up under the rubble. Mad and using his ungodly strength Grim muscles himself out of the rubble with little trouble. While still hurting he pushes it aside to look for his mount. When Grim calls for Thumper he can hear her whimpering from where her kennel used to be. Moving carefully Grim moves to the sound. Grim is both angered and relieved by the sight of his mount still alive. Grim see’s that while she is alive, she has taken serious shrapnel wounds to her left side. While her barding may have helped stop some of it. Grim had removed it from her after he led her to the kennel. Grim helps free her and begins to move her to the open area outside. Thumper moves with a limp and a slight whimper but continues to move with Grim out of the hanger.

Vheld, is reminded of the tactics used by the Coalition back in the days of Tolkeen, He reaches out to Sil, with telepathy. She is here. She had been in phantom form prior to the attack and received no damage. Vheld uses her to move through the debris to the front of the Hangar. Vheld has to move to the side as there is a massive 10 foot hole in front of the hanger door. It seems the hole was made by the first blast that hit. Vheld appears next to Ronan as he is moving into the Hangar. Vheld motions for Ronan to wait for a moment and in a brilliant display of magical prowess Vheld teleports most of the large debris out of the hangar and to an open area 50 feet away.
Stars explode in his vision as he finishes. His body screaming at him to rest. Vheld finally leans up against Sil and lets Ronan tend to some of his wounds.

Now mostly clear of the rubble the rest of the Spooks begin shaking off the dust and finer particles now covering the area.

Lahz first thoughts are for his family. Making his radio call Kit responds, ”Kit here, Master. We are currently locked down at the Haunt due a series of unexplained explosions near the outskirts. Aurelia and Kaiya are in perfect health. They are concerned about the explosions. Master, I am detecting elevated stress and variations in your vocal patterns consistent with injury. Have you been injured?”
Lahz is about to radio to the other robots in the hanger when most of the debris around him vanishes. Lahz sees Vheld, exposed and bleeding, teleporting most of the debris off the Spooks before nearly collapsing on Sil. Lazh removes himself from his armor. It should be repairable with minimal effort. A little time and credits should have it back to full functionality. He also notes all his robots are still functioning, however they are seriously damaged. All of them are missing one or more extremities. Lahz moves them to a place where he can tend to them later. Now that the debris has been cleared Lahz begins to focus his rage on the one person who really deserves it, Hart. As they look around Lahz finds pieces of motor assemblies indicative of a long range artillery missile. Eventually the Spooks are able to locate Hart’s head, Left arm from the elbow down, part of his left thigh, and his right foot.
Lahz checks over the vehicles hoping they came out mostly unscathed. The GAW vehicle is simply missing a tire. It appears that the collapse of the roof kept the vehicle mostly covered resulting in the roofing taking most of the fragmentation damage directed at the GAW vehicle. Lahz’s pet project was not as lucky. It took a direct hit and was next to at least two other impacts. As lahz looks it over the large vehicle still has power however the hull and several of the lift devices have been damaged. Given the difficulty in creating the vehicle in the first place Lahz’s anger begins to cool slightly as he sees the repairs for the group vehicle will be simple. Expensive, but simple.

Wayne begins cutting at the debris to remove it when it suddenly disappears leaving him standing in the skeletal remains of the Spooks Hangar. Wayne dismisses his Psi-blades. When he realizes his face is exposed he finds some cloth to cover his face before moving to assist the rest of the group.

Mierin begins to extract herself from the rubble as it suddenly disappears. Ronan helps her to her feet. Looking around she can see only Ronan and Zzazz are uninjured. The rest of the Spooks look as if they are in just as bad shape as she is. Given they just had a building dropped on them they look ready to get some revenge. Lahz is radiating such anger and hate it feels like one would burn themselves if they approached him.

After about 20 minutes the Spooks are slowly collecting themselves. Digging through the remains of the hanger. Luckily their vehicles are still functional, if in need of some repairs. Lahz has managed to find the remains of the missiles that were dropped on their location. It appears the strike was not as surgical as it should have been. Several of the buildings around the Spooks hangar were also hit and leveled. Emergency crews are a buzz of activity working to free the trapped occupants of the building surrounding them. Eventually the Spooks hear the crunching of dirt under a set of boots. They turn to see a MercTown defender standing at the entrance of the Hangar.
”Well. Looks like you guys really brought the house down.” The man deadpans. ”I am Captain Bellus. I’m the officer in charge of MercTown Force Protection. I am looking to speak with the Spooks.” The man removes his helmet revealing a very average face framed by sweat soaked blond hair. His expression darkens as he looks to the wounded Spooks in front of him, ”We really need to talk about your involvement in whatever this is.”


Bum...Bum...Buuummmm...Well You're free...Now what?
"Death may be a small mercy for some. Others come to me for the cure. Temporary or permanent I have it all."

AGM For: AAPS/Spooks

PCs: Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR); Kieko (H4H); Hellhound (VR)

GM: Sum Of All Fears (MARS/Atlantis)

Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: SPA pt.1: Warrens

Post by Ronan »

Perception: 1d100: [86] = 86 / 34%
JiC: 1d20: [14] = 14 / 1d100: [86] = 86

Conditions:
[4 on initiative. 2 to parry and dodge. 2 to strike. One additional attack per melee. No minuses apply when blinded or in darkness. 1,000ft]
|
Range: 90ft | Determine general flesh health of another being. Reveals if little or many HP/SDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically
|
Touch | 2d6 S.D.C/HP or M.D.C. per touch | 3 Actions/7seconds per


Radar Skills
Interpreting Shapes: 1d100: [94] = 94 /79%
Estimating Distance: 1d100: [89] = 89 /84%
Estimating Direction: 1d100: [79] = 79 /84%
Estimating Speed: 1d100: [75] = 75 /64%
Estimating Exact Location: 1d100: [40] = 40 /74%

Other Skills
Invoke Trust: EP Crit /24% (To belay any attempted blame or thought towards the Spooks from the Defender)
Demolitions: 1d100: [65] = 65 /94% (Talk Smart about bombs)
Intelligence: 1d100: [41] = 41 /89% (What did we have to do with it? Why you targeting us, Sir? Other Hangars got blown up, Go away)
Recognize Weapon Quality: 1d100: [18] = 18 /54% (Quality of the bombs? IE, Military Grade, After-Market, Homemade?)
Weapon Systems: 1d100: [24] = 24 /59% (Type of delivery system used? Drop Bombs, Guided Missiles, Wing Missiles, etc?)

Post
Mierin wrote:”Thanks for the assist, Ronan.” It's clear she's in pain, though thanks to the healing, it's not as bad as it was. ”I could definitely use a drink or two." Mierin scowls as she looks at the ruins of the group's hangar. ”There are a few people out there who need my boot up their ass.” Sighing, she looks down at the ruins of her armour. ”I guess I'll have to get new armour first.”
Ronan laughs at the comment. "Oh, we'll be serving some major boot to ass helpings to whomever did this, drinks abound too. Probably before and after. Not sure about the armor, though." Ronan says helping steady her as he heals her.

Ronan will take the course of the 20 minutes to heal his comrades as best as he can, tending to the most wounded before moving up and stabilizing them. "Let me, it's not much, but I can do it without a physical toll on myself." Ronan states if he is met with any resistance in healing or anyone wanting to do it for him. His mind will be in full military battle damage control mode, visibly inspecting the pieces of debris found by Lahz. After finding the vehicle mostly intact and the deposed bodyparts of the one the Spooks had possibly captured, Ronan cocks his head and raises his eyebrow before glancing to Mierin, Vheld and Lahz. "Friend of ours?" Ronan asks in a somewhat dry, dark sense of humor.
Captain Bell-Ass wrote:”Well. Looks like you guys really brought the house down.” The man deadpans. ”I am Captain Bellus. I’m the officer in charge of MercTown Force Protection. I am looking to speak with the Spooks.” The man removes his helmet revealing a very average face framed by sweat soaked blond hair. His expression darkens as he looks to the wounded Spooks in front of him, ”We really need to talk about your involvement in whatever this is.”
Ronan rolls his eyes behind his goggles. For real? Now we have an asshat trying to level blame on us, man, I don't see Lahz or V responding kindly to that. Okay, gotta battle damage this one too. Ronan muses as a smug smile crosses his face. He quickly shakes his head and opens his arms, looking around. "Involvement? You realize that several buildings were leveled here, and several of my comrades nearly died. I'd watch how you approach residents of your fair town after fucking bombs dropped the hangar on them, Captain Bellas. Just a friendly piece of advice. I assume you're also questioning the ones at the other hangars?" Ronan remarks, his own patience limited, especially from such an entrance. Taking a deep breath, Ronan shakes his head again, drops his armored talisman and sighs, not waiting for an answer before continuing.

"Capt, I've some fair knowledge of demolitions; this could've been far worse and was far from a targeted, surgical strike. If it was a surgical strike, it would only have been a single hangar and its immediate area demolished. This, this is too spread out. A shitty carpet bomb attempt, and I can't say who did it or why but they sucked at both carpeting an area or surgically striking one." Ronan states, fully aware the Spooks may well have been a target and that their attempted surgical strike was probably done with haste and error, but using such knowledge to deter the Defenders. "Do you have a card? We'll call you if we think of anything, but right now, I think we'd like to tally our collective losses and RTB." Ronan finishes, glancing to Vheld, Lahz and Mierin for approval or not. Ronan will defer to whatever those three, as the senior members, chose to say or not say to the Defender.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (Phase World: Galactic Rogues) | Theron Wymond (PFRPG B) | Harbinger (Phase World: Void Reavers)
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 321/321 (516 w/ MES)
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: Streetwolf MDC Biker Jacker: [12 M.D.C.] | Streetwolf Combat Pants: [8 M.D.C.] | Naruni Heavy Force Field [110 M.D.C.]
Carried: Will Declare but most likely KLS
Carried [Secured in Dimensional Bag]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C | Skorblade Short Blade

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 45% [49%]
Toxins (15+): +3
Magic (varies): +3 [+5]
Lethal Poison (14+): +3 [+5]
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +3 [+5]
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (15+): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +2
Post Reply

Return to “Spook Squad Adventure Forum”