The Path to Vengeance!

Out of the Frying Pan: The Spook Squad get in trouble yet again.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Post Reply
User avatar
The Apothecary
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:45 pm

The Path to Vengeance!

Post by The Apothecary »

Date: September 6th 111PA
Time: 1434


As the conversation drags on only the true veterans on the Spooks remain interested. As the others busy themselves from the sidelines eating and keeping a lookout for more surprise attacks that never come, the Spooks veterans continue their talks with Gemini.

Lahz and Vheld both use their powers to prevent Gemini from overhearing their conversation. As they set everything back to the way it was, Gemini responds to Lahz first comment regarding payment, his tone and mannerisms have done a complete 180 from before, ”You are right so let us speak candidly for a moment. I will not offer payment. I offer to let your lives continue for a time. Make no mistake, your very existence can not be tolerated. However I am not fool enough to think that my dream will come without cost, sacrifices and compromises. These are the only reasons we are talking. That said, as it sounds like you wish to refuse my offer...Then War it is.” Gemini glares at the Spooks, his anger and fury rivaling Lahz’s. ”I will wipe you from existence. Come. I’ll be waiting.” Gemini makes a motion, the signal cuts out, and the holoprojector powers down.

In the silence following the Spooks can hear the sounds of people. Not near them, but from the nearby buildings. The emergency crews seem to be focusing their attention on all places but where the Spooks are.

Well...Looks like you are on the path to vengeance...Everyone gain 20 renegade points!!!
"Death may be a small mercy for some. Others come to me for the cure. Temporary or permanent I have it all."

AGM For: AAPS/Spooks

PCs: Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR); Kieko (H4H); Hellhound (VR)

GM: Sum Of All Fears (MARS/Atlantis)

Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Grimloq
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:27 pm

Re: The Path to Vengeance!

Post by Grimloq »

Perception: 1d100<31: [93] = 0
JIC: 1d100: [47] = 47 | 1d20: [16] = 16
Wayne Northblade wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:07 pmHe makes his way over to Grimloq. "Say you giant frightening beast-man, where did you procure these ribs? They're simply... delicioso."
”I agree. Though I dont believe their claim that they only use pork and beef… I have never tasted such tender meat from any bovine or bacon. Robyns is located in the Warrens, I’ll show you when we have some down time.” He looks around the destroyed hanger. ”Whenever that might be. It has a nice crowd, if a little tame for my tastes. Their beer is good too. The strong stuff, made for Juicers..” Lets look at this positively… Maybe I can get a kitchen installed during reconstruction. ”I have full intentions of getting their recipe.”

Seeing the general finally sign off, Grimloq will offer a sigh. ”That guy was so full of himself I don’t think he recognized us from his own hemorrhoids. Offer us a job, for what? Some positive likes? Didn’t even bother offer a paycheck worth our time.” Grimloq huffs. ”Im going to enjoy expressing my opinion of his hiring abilities in person.” His hand pets his hammer.
Grimloq
Grimloq
MDC:30/130

Maverick Riding Armor DESTROYED
Hat: -/10
L. Arm: -/12 | R. Arm: -/12
Body: -/36
L. Leg: -/16 | R. Leg: -/16
Thumper
L. Front Leg: 18/18 103/103 | R. Front Leg: ]8/18 103/103
L. Rear Leg: 25/25 103/103 | R. Rear Leg 25/25 103/103
Head: 50/50 136/136 | Small Center Horn: 15/15
Tail: 116/116 | Main Body: 90/90 140/180
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 508
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Path to Vengeance!

Post by Vheld »

JIC: 1d20: [6] = 6 , 1d100: [93] = 93
PER: 1d100: [16] = 16 vs. 79%
The Apothecary wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:40 am”I will wipe you from existence. Come. I’ll be waiting.”
Vheld remains silent for most of the rest of the conversation, continuing to stare at the general, but his smile is ice cold as he replies before sign-off. ”I’m going to make sure you get everything you so richly deserve, fascist.” Part of Vheld is relieved that Lahz didn’t take his suggestion. As diverting as a game of mental chess with a Coalition general might be, the thought of even pretending to work for one turned Vheld’s stomach. He’s not sorry that he won’t have to play through it. To Lahz, he merely says, ”So, what’s the play? We investigate that village, see which bodies the jackass wants to keep buried?” Regardless, when the time comes to move out Vheld will excuse himself to pick up a replacement suit of armor, before joining the rest of the team.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatic senses: Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses)
33d remaining
,
PPE: 314/329 (Vheld), 1100/1100 (Energy sphere), 83/83 (Sil). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 500/500 (Skarrah). MDC: 1200/1200 (Bakir), 187/187 (Birga).
: 3/3 on Vheld IA
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Path to Vengeance!

Post by Ronan »

Perception: 1d100: [94] = 94 / 34%
JiC: 1d20: [14] = 14 / 1d100: [34] = 34

Conditions:
[4 on initiative. 2 to parry and dodge. 2 to strike. One additional attack per melee. No minuses apply when blinded or in darkness. 1,000ft]
|
Range: 90ft | Determine general flesh health of another being. Reveals if little or many HP/SDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically


Radar Skills
Interpreting Shapes: 1d100: [70] = 70 /79%
Estimating Distance: 1d100: [18] = 18 /84%
Estimating Direction: 1d100: [54] = 54 /84%
Estimating Speed: 1d100: [51] = 51 /64%
Estimating Exact Location: 1d100: [9] = 9 /74%

Post:

Remaining quiet while the honchos talk, Ronan is growing rather bored of hearing this stuffed shirt continue prattling along and almost opts to go with Northblade back to the Haunt. That is, until the man's disposition changes and becomes cold and callous.
The Illusive Man wrote:”You are right so let us speak candidly for a moment. I will not offer payment. I offer to let your lives continue for a time. Make no mistake, your very existence can not be tolerated. However I am not fool enough to think that my dream will come without cost, sacrifices and compromises. These are the only reasons we are talking. That said, as it sounds like you wish to refuse my offer...Then War it is.” Gemini glares at the Spooks, his anger and fury rivaling Lahz’s. ”I will wipe you from existence. Come. I’ll be waiting.”
Ronan actually audibly laughs at the commend from the disgraced general and rolls his eyes. "Yeah, yeah, okay. We'll be seeing you soon." Ronan remarks, waving his hand as the hologram fades. Glancing around to the remaining members of the team, Ronan blinks beneath his goggles and chuckles softly. "I used to be at war with fascists in space; now it's on this little back water world. Well, I had hoped we'd see another payday type but..." Ronan pauses, rolling his neck and standing upright, "This guy; I'll help wipe him from existence at no charge. I wonder how far I could punt his head." Ronan muses, turning towards a head-sized piece of rubble and punting it away from the city.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (Phase World: Galactic Rogues) | Theron Wymond (PFRPG B) | Harbinger (Phase World: Void Reavers)
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 321/321 (516 w/ MES)
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: Streetwolf MDC Biker Jacker: [12 M.D.C.] | Streetwolf Combat Pants: [8 M.D.C.] | Naruni Heavy Force Field [110 M.D.C.]
Carried: Will Declare but most likely KLS
Carried [Secured in Dimensional Bag]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C | Skorblade Short Blade

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 45% [49%]
Toxins (15+): +3
Magic (varies): +3 [+5]
Lethal Poison (14+): +3 [+5]
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +3 [+5]
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (15+): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +2
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 610
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC
Contact:

Re: The Path to Vengeance!

Post by Mierin »

Perception: 1d100: [91] = 91 (82%)
JIC: 1d20: [5] = 5 , 1d100: [15] = 15

Streetwise 1d100: [21] = 21 (98%)
Field Armorer and Munitions Expert 1d100: [100] = 100 (68%)
(to figure out best place to get armour)

Conditions:
Multi-Optic eyes
OOC Comments
Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet
Light Filters: Reduces glare
”Then War it is.” Gemini glares at the Spooks, his anger and fury rivalling Lahz’s. ”I will wipe you from existence. Come. I’ll be waiting.”
Mierin simply nods at Gemini as if he had told them they had been invited over to Gemini's for lunch rather than going to war with the Squad. ”We'll be seeing you then.” Mierin replies in a calm tone of voice. Turning to Lahz, Mierin has the same question as Vheld. Seems straightforward Mierin thinks to herself. Though I'm sure Danny will have some surprises for us.

Looking down at her damaged armour, Mierin figures her first order of business if to get new armour. Even if Lahz could fix her CS armour, it never hurt to have a spare or two. Mierin makes a note to go to the arms bazaar to get some new armour. Maybe I'll grab a stalker suit as well. With this guy, it's better to be over-prepared I doubt we've seen the whole team – if one guy could walk through walls, who knows what else they can do.
Mierin
"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies


Stats & Stuff
ISP: 31/35
HP:32/57
SDC: 24/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

CA-3 Light “Dead Boy” Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated) (DESTROYED)
Helmet--70/70, Arms--60/60, Legs--80/80, Main Body--100/100
Force Field: 0/160 (DEPLETED)
User avatar
Wayne Northblade
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 9:07 am

Re: The Path to Vengeance!

Post by Wayne Northblade »

Perception: 1d100: [29] = 29 /49%
JIC: 1d20: [18] = 18 / 1d100: [93] = 93

"Robyn’s… in the Warrens… Wouldn’t be my first time eating mystery meat." Well, I suppose the only mystery is which part of my father that jerky came from… No matter. "I will make my way there as soon as this debacle is over. This does classify as a debacle, no?"

His armor in tatters, Wayne decides he needs to take his leave and head back to the Haunt to don his armor #2. Before he does, he recalls that although it is an impressive armor, it doesn't have a forcefield installed, meaning that it could suffer the same fate as his current armor if not remedied. He sidles up to Vheld and asks "Vheld, quiet, wise and frankly, slightly frightening Vheld. As you can see my armor is destroyed. I am a man of little means, at the moment. I expect great glory with the crew you have here. Would you be averse to a temporary loan of... say, 350,000 credits? To be returned at my earliest inconvenience. On pain of a horrible, magicked death of course." Should Vheld loan him the money, he will head to the Haunt, gather his Exotic EBA and head to Naruni. He'll ask for an N-F50A Superheavy Force Field to be installed.
Uncommon Availability: 1 skill check required, no modifiers
Appraise Goods: 1d100: [45] = 45 /39% - FAIL
Anthropology: 1d100: [54] = 54 /64% - PASS
Barter: 1d100: [63] = 63 /46% - FAIL
Find Contraband: 1d100: [7] = 7 /47% - PASS
Invoke Trust: 1d100: [4] = 4 /25% - PASS
Lore: Demons: 1d100: [45] = 45 /69% - PASS
Research: 1d100: [23] = 23 /64% - PASS
Streetwise: 1d100: [81] = 81 /36% - FAIL
While he's waiting for that, he heads to the Northern Gun store to purchase a Stalker Suit.
Rare availability: 2 successful skill checks required, Suggested Modifier: -10%
Appraise Goods: 1d100: [57] = 57 /39% - FAIL
Anthropology: 1d100: [78] = 78 /64% - FAIL
Barter: 1d100: [3] = 3 /46% - PASS
Find Contraband: 1d100: [36] = 36 /47% - PASS
Invoke Trust: 1d100: [41] = 41 /25% - FAIL
Lore: Demons: 1d100: [98] = 98 /69% - FAIL
Research: 1d100: [12] = 12 /64% - PASS
Streetwise: 1d100: [31] = 31 /36% - PASS
When his Exotic EBA is done being upgraded, he'll bring it back to the Haunt.

In the Haunt, He drops the pieces of his nearly destroyed armor off at his room. Alone there, he removes his face coverings and washes the dried blood from his cheek and brow. He takes a meaningful hard look at himself in the mirror. Pathetic. What kind of Nightshade allows themselves to be caught by surprise like that? You probably didn’t even sense the incoming attack did you? You’re pathetic, just like your father, his father before him and his father before him.

After five minutes, Wayne comes back from disassociating by focusing on his face. The scars, the crookedness of his nose, the flecks of brown in his silver eyes. "Fuck. I’m hideous." He looks over to his Exotic EBA and the beautiful worn-in look it has. The greys, greens and yellows with a slight highlight of red. "But you. You’re gorgeous. Stoic. Well-traveled." This could be me. "This… this is the way." He dons the Stalker Suit first, then the Exotic EBA piece by piece, saving the helmet for last.
User avatar
Grimloq
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:27 pm

Re: The Path to Vengeance!

Post by Grimloq »

[Rolls Held]
Wayne Northblade wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:05 pm”...Would you be averse to a temporary loan of... say, 350,000 credits? To be returned at my earliest inconvenience...”
Grimloq looks up from his daydream of christening his new maul with his new enemy. ”A forcefeild would be smart.” He checks his credstick. ”I think I can afford a light one. If you are accepting short term loans-“ He says to Vheld: ”250K would net me a larger capacity Inegral field.” Grimloq grins toothily. ”I am sure sellable salvage will be acquired no matter our approach.”

The Grackle looks to Wayne if Vheld feels open to expanding his loans. ”I will accompany you to the Market. It will take some time to install the forcefeilds, and I am beginning to feel a bit puckish again. We can wait it out at Robyns.” Grims stomach growls as his digestive system goes into overdrive assisting his regenerating body.

Uncommon, 1 Check required

Find Contraband: 1d100<53: [39*] = 1
Invoke Trust: 1d100<61: [47*] = 1
Lore: Cattle and Animals: 1d100<46: [94] = 0
Streetwise: 1d100<43: [17*] = 1
Grimloq
Grimloq
MDC:30/130

Maverick Riding Armor DESTROYED
Hat: -/10
L. Arm: -/12 | R. Arm: -/12
Body: -/36
L. Leg: -/16 | R. Leg: -/16
Thumper
L. Front Leg: 18/18 103/103 | R. Front Leg: ]8/18 103/103
L. Rear Leg: 25/25 103/103 | R. Rear Leg 25/25 103/103
Head: 50/50 136/136 | Small Center Horn: 15/15
Tail: 116/116 | Main Body: 90/90 140/180
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 453
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: The Path to Vengeance!

Post by Lahz »

Perception [45%]: [roll]1d100[/roll] [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: [roll]1d20[/roll]
JiC D100: [roll]1d100[/roll]

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 99%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Livid, Vengeful] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Telemechanic Mental Operation (12 ISP, 130', 9.00 Min)

ISP: 83/221 ISP

Telemechanics [99%]: [roll]1d100[/roll]

When the General switches off any further attempts at transmission, Lahz goes a step further, *Just because he is not transmitting to us, does not mean this CN-12 Communication Droid isn't going to transmit anything we say int its presence to him, at least until I shut it down and kill a few things. Too bad it's not transmitting directly to him, but the only way that would be the case would be if Gemini were in town.*

The Psi-Tech reaches out with Telemechanic Mental Operation (130', 9.00 Min) and kills audio and video pickup on the droid, then changes any remote-activation code and shuts it off, "Rook, can you put this droid in casement-storage?" He then turns to Mierin and Vheld as he draws the Universal Energy to Matter Converter (Patron Item) (UEMC) from his belt.

Image
Repair: The UEMC an restore the damage capacity (S.D.C. or M.D.C.) of an inanimate object lost by damage or decay by 10 points per charge used. Cannot restore more capacity than the item originally had. This can restore damage to body armor, make repairs to damaged vehicles, repair Mom's broken vase, and similar. Cannot restore a shattered item unless all the pieces are within a 5' radius.

Lahz will level 1 clip worth of 'repairs' into Mierin first off (should be +50 MD), "Not the type of thing I want our enemies seeing that we have as a capability. We have an E-Clip charger around here, someone get me the present loadout and I we will do a patch-job that will get us back to the Haunt ... Hell," he fires the UEMC at the popped tire on the Humvee to see if that gets the vehicle back into travelling shape, "worth a try."

Lahz will drop 2 clips of repairs into Northblade's Armor, then 2 more into his own Roadrunner PA before turning to Vheld, "Deuce, I have a couple big favors to ask. I know you dislike just moving things around, but it would mean the world to me if Kaiya and Aurelia could get a rift-trip to see my family in Psyscape ... "

OOC: GM, please post the stats on the CN-12 Communication Droid, or advise if it would be ok to just use the stats on a NG-W9 Light Labor Robot (same as Ray)
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
The Apothecary
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:45 pm

Re: The Path to Vengeance!

Post by The Apothecary »

Date: September 6th 111PA
Time: 1800


As the meeting closes the droid wheels itself around and departs the Spooks base. Lahz, slightly distracted by his request to Vheld regarding his family, misses the recall feature of the droid as it rolls out of sight. (No Dice rolls actually rolled in your post)

Over the next while the Spooks replenish what was lost. Lahz makes repairs to the personal armor that can be repaired and fixes the tire for the Humvee. While Lahz can make repairs to his PA most of the other Spooks armor is beyond repair and is in need of replacement. Using the UMEC does take time. Lahz would need to spend 30 minutes and 11 e-clips to fully repair his PA.

The rest of the Spooks head out to procure replacement equipment. This progresses surprisingly quickly as the shops just so happen to have the requested items in stock.

The Spooks all gather back at the Haunt after several hours with their equipment repaired or replaced.

Recap of information obtained:

- Data Stick with information regarding CS activities and transmitter on it.
- CS Operators were watching the Spooks
- LRM artillery Strike Leveled the Spooks Hanger
- General in Exile Gemini offered a job to kill a village.
- Spooks turned down the job and war was declared.


The story is in your hands now...So what are you doing?
"Death may be a small mercy for some. Others come to me for the cure. Temporary or permanent I have it all."

AGM For: AAPS/Spooks

PCs: Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR); Kieko (H4H); Hellhound (VR)

GM: Sum Of All Fears (MARS/Atlantis)

Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Path to Vengeance!

Post by Ronan »

Perception: 1d100: [1] = 1 / 34%
JiC: 1d20: [13] = 13 / 1d100: [69] = 69

Conditions:
[4 on initiative. 2 to parry and dodge. 2 to strike. One additional attack per melee. No minuses apply when blinded or in darkness. 1,000ft]
|
Range: 90ft | Determine general flesh health of another being. Reveals if little or many HP/SDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically


Radar Skills
Interpreting Shapes: 1d100: [47] = 47 /79%
Estimating Distance: 1d100: [67] = 67 /84%
Estimating Direction: 1d100: [91] = 91 /84%
Estimating Speed: 1d100: [66] = 66 /64%
Estimating Exact Location: 1d100: [56] = 56 /74%

Post:

Ronan will just return the the Haunt after the General's conversation ends and everyone else heads their own ways. First, he'll head to the garage and check on his Chopper before going to the 2nd floor. There he will then shred his jacket and other equipment and hit the weights, just to stretch out his muscles before softly practicing on the sparring dummies as to not break them. Overall, he'll be there for around thirty to forty-five minutes.

After that, he'll head up to the third floor with his gear and make himself a drink, turn on the Megascreen and start shooting pool. Ronan'll flip his goggles to his forehead and keep the lights dimmed enough while doing so.

When any of the team shows up or passes through, he'll offer a quick nod of the head. "Sup. So, we got a game plan cooking or going to start brainstorming? I'm getting a bit stir crazy, so anything we want to wrestle, just let me know."
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (Phase World: Galactic Rogues) | Theron Wymond (PFRPG B) | Harbinger (Phase World: Void Reavers)
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 321/321 (516 w/ MES)
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: Streetwolf MDC Biker Jacker: [12 M.D.C.] | Streetwolf Combat Pants: [8 M.D.C.] | Naruni Heavy Force Field [110 M.D.C.]
Carried: Will Declare but most likely KLS
Carried [Secured in Dimensional Bag]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C | Skorblade Short Blade

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 45% [49%]
Toxins (15+): +3
Magic (varies): +3 [+5]
Lethal Poison (14+): +3 [+5]
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +3 [+5]
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (15+): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +2
User avatar
Wayne Northblade
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 9:07 am

Re: The Path to Vengeance!

Post by Wayne Northblade »

Perception: 1d100: [84] = 84 /49%
JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20 / 1d100: [94] = 94

While waiting for his armor to be upgraded, Wayne hangs with Grimlock at Robyn’s Rib Shack and bonds over a plate of questionably sourced meats and beer stronger than a punch to the face. ”So, you’re a giant scary monster on the outside and are joined up with a crew of cold blooded killers and ne’er-do-wells. But here you are, happy as a clam, eating ribs and shooting the shit with your somewhat evil compatriot. What’s your deal?” Wayne fits another bite of ribs between his mummy wrapped face.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 508
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Path to Vengeance!

Post by Vheld »

JIC: 1d20: [6] = 6 , 1d100: [59] = 59
PER: 1d100: [80] = 80 vs. 79%
Wayne Northblade wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:05 pm"Vheld, quiet, wise and frankly, slightly frightening Vheld. As you can see my armor is destroyed. I am a man of little means, at the moment. I expect great glory with the crew you have here. Would you be averse to a temporary loan of... say, 350,000 credits? To be returned at my earliest inconvenience. On pain of a horrible, magicked death of course."
What am I, a banker? Vheld reflects, but out loud he only says ”Slightly?” his tone sharp, maybe even mildly outraged or menacing. Looking around to the hangar, Vheld says ”I suppose the team’s funds may be tied up for the next little while.” And we can’t have the cannon fodder dying too precipitously, can we? ”Very well. I have replacement armor of my own to get. I shall transfer the credits to you en route.” After Grimloq makes a similar request, Vheld nods his agreement as well. He will then transfer credits- 350k to Wayne and 250k to Grimloq.
Lahz wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:05 pmLahz will drop 2 clips of repairs into Northblade's Armor, then 2 more into his own Roadrunner PA before turning to Vheld, "Deuce, I have a couple big favors to ask. I know you dislike just moving things around, but it would mean the world to me if Kaiya and Aurelia could get a rift-trip to see my family in Psyscape ... "
Vheld nods. ”Of course. A sensible precaution- this asshole already knows too much about us, but if anyplace is beyond his reach it is there.” During the ensuing interval Vheld will procure his replacement armor, transfer the credits to Wayne and Grimloq as above, and stock up on PPE at the collegiate nexus so that he can rift Lahz’s family to Psyscape (or as near as he can get). Once he’s done with all his errands, Vheld checks the rest of his gear before reporting Lahz, ready to move out.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatic senses: Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses)
33d remaining
,
PPE: 314/329 (Vheld), 1100/1100 (Energy sphere), 83/83 (Sil). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 500/500 (Skarrah). MDC: 1200/1200 (Bakir), 187/187 (Birga).
: 3/3 on Vheld IA
User avatar
Grimloq
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:27 pm

Re: The Path to Vengeance!

Post by Grimloq »

Perception: 1d100<31: [97] = 0
JIC: 1d100: [62] = 62 | 1d20: [6] = 6
Wayne Northblade wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:01 pm ”So, you’re a giant scary monster on the outside and are joined up with a crew of cold blooded killers and ne’er-do-wells. But here you are, happy as a clam, eating ribs and shooting the shit with your somewhat evil compatriot. What’s your deal?” Wayne fits another bite of ribs between his mummy wrapped face.
Grimloq shrugs as he tears into his own plate of food- a massive movement of muscle and bone. "If you cannot enjoy good food, there is something wrong with you." The Grackle taps his skull with a clean bone. "In the head." He takes another bite. "As for the rest of it, I like killing." He says matter-of-factley. "I have been doing it for some time now and have no plans to stop." His eyes tighten as he thinks about his past. He smiles. "You could say I am as much a product of the Coalition as any SkullBoy. They trained my father. Then killed him, and the rest of my family. I try to thank them for my education any chance I get." Grimloq finishes off another rib.

Grimloq looks over to Wayne. "What about you?" He points to the CyberKnights mask. "That is... dramatic. Is it religious?"
Grimloq
Grimloq
MDC:30/130

Maverick Riding Armor DESTROYED
Hat: -/10
L. Arm: -/12 | R. Arm: -/12
Body: -/36
L. Leg: -/16 | R. Leg: -/16
Thumper
L. Front Leg: 18/18 103/103 | R. Front Leg: ]8/18 103/103
L. Rear Leg: 25/25 103/103 | R. Rear Leg 25/25 103/103
Head: 50/50 136/136 | Small Center Horn: 15/15
Tail: 116/116 | Main Body: 90/90 140/180
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 453
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: The Path to Vengeance!

Post by Lahz »

Perception [45%]: 1d100: [68] = 68 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20: [12] = 12
JiC D100: 1d100: [72] = 72

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 99%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Livid, Vengeful] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Telemechanic Mental Operation (12 ISP, 130', 9.00 Min)

ISP: 83/221 ISP

Telemechanics [99%]: 1d100: [9] = 9


Lahz frowns as the Droids slips off while he is distracted, then heads up into the Spooks' Group vehicle to complete repairs on the Roadrunner without prying eyes. With some privacy he makes contact first with Thorn, then with Aurelia, "Thorn, the CS has a purportedly renegade General named Daniel Gemini. He was behind the probe earlier today, and is now targeting the Spooks for termination. Be on the lookout for anything out of the ordinary. I am going to be sending Aurelia and Kaiya to Psyscape ..." To his wife he begins ... "Honey, it seems the Coalition have taken an interest in the Spooks. Merctown is not safe right now. I am going to have Vheld send you and Kaiya to Psyscape. You can get some rest in and Kaiya can get to know her Grandmother, maybe meet her uncle Tristan. Gods know they will want family and a ray of sunshine like her around with Finn missin in action ..." The Psi-Tech trails off, he still finds it hard to voice that his father is likely dead in another dimension.

En route back with the HumVee repaired, Lahz will load up the damaged droids (Ray, Roy, Gene, & Bivv), and head into the Arms Bazaar to the Triax Store [Kraus Imported Arms (115)] where he previously purchased the now-damaged Roy, Gene, and Bivv.

AT TRIAX/KRAUS', Lahz will seek to purchase 2 additional TFRX-011 droids (TFRX-011 FreeRunner Virtual Control Automaton: 500,000 Universal Credits), and replacement limbs/parts for the damaged Roy, Gene, & Bivv (OOC: GM has not advised what parts are missing, so I cannot identify those parts to purchase replacements, but buying 2 more droids will hopefully mean we can activate 1 more for crew-work, and have 1 to cannibalize for spare parts in the event of damage).

Lahz then moves on to Northern Gun

At Northern Gun, Lahz will purchase whatever limbs/parts are missing from Ray (OOC: Again, no way to identify these so a flat price is fine).
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
Post Reply

Return to “Spook Squad Adventure Forum”