Sleeper

Out of the Frying Pan: The Spook Squad get in trouble yet again.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Post Reply
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
Posts: 404
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Sleeper

Post by Virtus »

OOC Comments
Image
From this distance there is mostly certainly a town of some fashion ahead with many buildings. The condition of the buildings are worn but intact. Lights come from many of them as far as can be seen in the fog. Spooks are still on the causeway and are concealed from anyone in town by the fog. There is no one on the streets however.

If anyone can see Vheld within the shadows, he stays perfectly still for several minutes when he begins to sweat profusely and twist in concentration perhaps even a twinge of fear. Should anyone try to wake him, he will not respond. He hasn't taken a breath in several minutes when finally he gasps and sees his teammates before him. Hidden within shadow, there is a great desire that springs up within Vheld to be seen by his teammates. Perhaps if they see him, he can be sure that he really exists or perhaps it is proof that he hadn't dwindled away to nothing.
((For Vheld, that's not a compulsion, just a general emotion that comes unbidden, there is no actual reaction required. What do you wish to do))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 502
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: Sleeper

Post by Lahz »

Perception [51%]: 1d100: [35] = 35 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20: [12] = 12
JiC D100: 1d100: [14] = 14

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 100%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1900ft if using magical or psionic powers, 900ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Cautious] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Marauder Power Armor (440/440 MB), Forcefield (160/160), Sixth Sense (Cannot be surprised by a sneak attack), Psionic Seeking (35.00 Min, 9.00 Mile Range: Target Gemini)

ISP: 103/231

Telemechanics [100%]: 1d100: [51] = 51


"Ray, conduct regular scans of the water and make sure nothing surprises us." Lahz dials down his hoverjets until he alights gently on the ground and taps the Forcefield back on. The Marauder then re-clips his Mace to the hip and draws the pulse cannon off the mounting clips as he skims through the optics settings (Thermal, UV, IR), *Gemini's totally the kind to set a water ambush ... and let's see here ... vehicles up ahead. Have any of those been on recently? ... Heat signatures in the buildings ... Are those like warm body-sized, or like Furnaces? ... A tunnel isn't usually conducive to fog, so ... did we go through? Or is this some kind of a unique underground feature? ... Where is the water from? Is there a current? Which direction? ... Is there going to be an underground waterfall situation?*

Read Sensory Equipment 98%: 1d100: [8] = 8 -- Radar (can he ping the Ceiling? ... should Radar be able to tell if there is one above(?)), Thermal (is there Residual heat on the Vehicle engines(?))

Lahz then consults the psionic compass of his ongoing Psionic Seeking pegged to General Gemini to get a heading and points it out to the others, "Gemini ahead approximately __X degrees off to the Left__ ... Can't tell you much more."

Camouflage 31%: 1d100: [39] = 39 -- Look for hidden doors/traps etc.

Lahz pushes forward in the Marauder scanning for potential threats, and continue paying attention for anything that triggers his own 6th Sense. If he spots Vheld's hesitancy the Elf touches base while scanning potential assailants, "Deuce? Are you Ok? Anything triggering a Magic-type concern?"

He looks over Vheld's form for a second or two, *Paralyzed? Possessed? Dammit, I dont know if we should kill Gemini. Maybe Vheld can soul-forge him into a nice little indestructible gem and we can drop him into a box with some children's songs on re-peat, then we can periodically change out the songs to the most annoying thing available ... *
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Vheld
Posts: 544
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Sleeper

Post by Vheld »

JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13 , 1d100: [43] = 43
PER: 1d100: [35] = 35 vs. 79%

Conditions:
20m00s, completely invisible in shadows at least five feet big, +15% prowl, enemies are -5 to strike.


Vheld struggles against the contradictory impressions provided by his dimension sense for several minutes. His body goes rigid. He grits his teeth and eventually exhales his first breath in weeks. He’s even sweating! At one point Sil stops moving, turns back to gaze at her master, and whines in concern. Anyone who notices and calls out to Vheld will eventually receive a reply. ”Just… a… sec…” Eventually Vheld’s iron will forces him out of it, breathing heavily out of habit moreso than need. Well that was new and different. In response to the inevitable questions, Vheld merely says ”We’re not on Earth anymore. Other than that… Lots of contradictory information. A void, yet not, et cetera. Be careful. Whatever this place is it’s… different, is all I can say.” I wonder if this will interfere with my ability to rift out. Here’s hoping we don’t have to find out.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatic senses: Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses)
33d remaining
,
PPE: 111/329 (Vheld), 850/1100 (Energy sphere), 83/83 (Sil), 277/400 (Skarrah), 396/480 (Bakir). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 341/500 (Skarrah). MDC: 677/800(Skarrah), 1116/1200 (Bakir), 187/187 (Birga).
: 2/3 on Vheld IA, 2/3 on Ring of Invisibility
, 2/3 on Skarrah IA, 2/3 on Bakir IA.
User avatar
Ronan
Posts: 177
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: Sleeper

Post by Ronan »

Perception: 1d100: [57] = 57 / 39%
JiC: 1d20: [19] = 19 / 1d100: [77] = 77

Conditions:
[4 on initiative. 2 to parry and dodge. 2 to strike. One additional attack per melee. No minuses apply when blinded or in darkness. 1,200ft]
|
Range: 90ft | Determine general flesh health of another being. Reveals if little or many HP/SDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically
|
205/205 MDC


Radar Skills
Actively being used in the unknown environment to track any unseen movements he can pick up.
Interpreting Shapes: 1d100: [50] = 50 /84%
Estimating Distance: 1d100: [87] = 87 /88%
Estimating Direction: 1d100: [85] = 85 /88%
Estimating Speed: 1d100: [27] = 27 /68%
Estimating Exact Location: 1d100: [16] = 16 /78%

Other Skills
Detect Ambush: 1d100: [47] = 47 /69% (Watch windows, doorways, alleyways on their approach)
Streetwise: 1d100: [12] = 12 /36% (Look for street born signs or markings that may help direct them)
Invoke Trust: 1d100: [4] = 4 /29% (Talking to anyone he finds)

Post

As they leave the tunnel and enter the outskirts of the gloomy town, Ronan can't help but scoff and smirk beneath his silver armor. "I've seen more activity in a graveyard." Ronan mentions to no one in specific before turning to Wayne and Vheld. "This you're guys vacation spot?" Ronan quips, still finding a way to be darkly humorous. When Ronan notices Vheld's rather stoic stance and quietness, he lifts his goggles to take a look with his natural darkvision. Huh, if I didn't know better, I'd think V was sweating and scared. Ronan pauses, looking back towards the town and the surrounding area. Well, can't say I blame him. I remember some old games back on the fleet about wandering adventures finding spooky towns out of the blue.
Ace wrote:"Deuce? Are you Ok? Anything triggering a Magic-type concern?"
Deuce wrote:”Just… a… sec…” ... ”We’re not on Earth anymore. Other than that… Lots of contradictory information. A void, yet not, et cetera. Be careful. Whatever this place is it’s… different, is all I can say.”
Something that shakes the wizard that commands demons? That's like seeing the Colonel shaken, which was nearly never. Time to throw expectations out the window and expect to be tossed around. Ronan internally muses, glancing towards the Maruader Lahz rides in then back towards Vheld with a clench of the fist. "So, somehow, we wandered into a spooky mist-born town in another, what, dimension? Last time I traveled dimensions, I tumbled through a void and lost most my squad." Ronan says, sighing and shaking his head. "If the way back is closed, guess we can only go forward, huh. Let's go see if there is a pub open, shall we? I'll go first." Ronan says, looking back towards the ever-silent Mierin with a nod of the head. "We okay?" He asks, looking between Mierin and Wayne, then Vheld and Lahz.

Assuming no one contradicts him or tells him to wait, Ronan will drop his silver armor and make for the town wearing his normal attire, pulling his goggles down. Instead of the armor, he actives his belt-born Forcefield and reaches out with his sensory abilities. Relying on Radar and his ability to sense any flesh to inform him if something else closes, or if there is a building with a conglomeration of people inside.

IF Ronan finds anyone living in his path that isn't hostile, he'll move to greet them. "How we doing? We're new to these parts, know a good place to get some food and information?"

Otherwise, Ronan will keep moving through the town. If he finds hostiles, he will use a boost of sonic-speed to close the distance and disarm them of any weapons (hopefully without killing them, we need information). 1d20+3: [2]+3 = 5
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Oren Exe (PW GA)
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 321/321 (516 w/ MES)
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: Streetwolf MDC Biker Jacker: [12 M.D.C.] | Streetwolf Combat Pants: [8 M.D.C.] | Naruni Heavy Force Field [110 M.D.C.]
Carried: Will Declare but most likely KLS
Carried [Secured in Dimensional Bag]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C | Skorblade Short Blade

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 45% [49%]
Toxins (15+): +3
Magic (varies): +3 [+5]
Lethal Poison (14+): +3 [+5]
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +3 [+5]
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (15+): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +2
¯\_(▀̿ ͜ʖ ͡▀̿ ̿)_/¯
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 633
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC
Contact:

Re: Sleeper

Post by Mierin »

Perception: 1d100: [77] = 77 (82%)
JIC: 1d20: [7] = 7 , 1d100: [55] = 55

Detect Ambush 1d100: [12] = 12 (98%)
Detect Concealment 1d100: [76] = 76 (63%)
Trap/mine detection 1d100: [86] = 86 (88%)

Conditions
Wearing NG Stalker Suit
Invincible Armour 187/200 mdc
Multi-Optic eyes
OOC Comments
Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet (In use)
Light Filters: Reduces glare
Ronan turns to Mierin with a bewildered grin at her comment. "I've had no complaints before! I think we need to set that record straight when we get back to town, it'll be my treat."
Mierin raises an eyebrow a bit surprised by Ronan’s response. She was even more surprised by the fact that she wasn’t opposed by the idea. Smirking, she replies ”Sure, why the hell not?”
Vheld merely says ”We’re not on Earth anymore. Other than that… Lots of contradictory information. A void, yet not, et cetera. Be careful. Whatever this place is it’s… different, is all I can say.”
Mierin frowns in confusion. ”Wait, what? What do you mean we’re not on Earth?” Shaking her head, she adds in a calm tone of voice, ”I understand the words, but how did this happen exactly? How are we supposed to get back?” Mierin looks at the others, looking to see if anyone has any ideas.
"If the way back is closed, guess we can only go forward, huh. Let's go see if there is a pub open, shall we? I'll go first."
Mierin nods at Ronan. That’s a good as an idea anything I could come up with. ”Might as well. Maybe we can get some answers.”
Ronan says, looking back towards the ever-silent Mierin with a nod of the head. "We okay?" He asks, looking between Mierin and Wayne, then Vheld and Lahz.
Mierin shrugs. ”As well as I can be, given we’re stuck who knows where with no idea how to get back to our .. planet? Dimension? Not really sure. But no point in standing around debating, let’s see if we can get some answers.” As they head through the town, Merin keeps her eyes open, not wanting to get taken by a surprise attack.
Mierin
"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies


Stats & Stuff
ISP: 27/35
HP: 57/57
SDC: 96/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

NE-BA-26 Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated)
Helmet--50/50, Arms--40/40, Legs--50/50, Main Body--900/900
Force Field: 160/160
User avatar
Wayne Northblade
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 9:07 am

Re: Sleeper

Post by Wayne Northblade »

Perception: 1d100: [55] = 55 /49%
JIC: 1d20: [11] = 11 / 1d100: [69] = 69
Vheld wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:50 am”We’re not on Earth anymore. Other than that… Lots of contradictory information. A void, yet not, et cetera. Be careful. Whatever this place is it’s… different, is all I can say.”
"Not on Earth? That's new."
Ronan wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:29 pm"I've seen more activity in a graveyard." Ronan mentions to no one in specific before turning to Wayne and Vheld. "This you're guys vacation spot?" Ronan quips, still finding a way to be darkly humorous.
"My kind of place, to be certain. I'll have to ask about a timeshare once we've carved Gemini's skull from his head."
Ronan wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:29 pm"So, somehow, we wandered into a spooky mist-born town in another, what, dimension? Last time I traveled dimensions, I tumbled through a void and lost most my squad." Ronan says, sighing and shaking his head. "If the way back is closed, guess we can only go forward, huh. Let's go see if there is a pub open, shall we? I'll go first." Ronan says, looking back towards the ever-silent Mierin with a nod of the head. "We okay?" He asks, looking between Mierin and Wayne, then Vheld and Lahz.
"We're not losing anyone. And I've never been better. I do my best work at night time."

Wayne heads forward after Lahz, using his infrared scanner to search for heat signatures as they move. Any thing he finds, he'll point out to the rest of the team.
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 502
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: Sleeper

Post by Lahz »

Lahz wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:50 pm Perception [51%]: 1d100: [35] = 35 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20: [12] = 12
JiC D100: 1d100: [14] = 14

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 100%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1900ft if using magical or psionic powers, 900ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Cautious] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Marauder Power Armor (440/440 MB), Forcefield (160/160), Sixth Sense (Cannot be surprised by a sneak attack), Psionic Seeking (35.00 Min, 9.00 Mile Range: Target Gemini)

ISP: 103/231 (-6(?))

Telemechanics [100%]: 1d100: [51] = 51

Vheld wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:50 am”Just… a… sec…” ”We’re not on Earth anymore. Other than that… Lots of contradictory information. A void, yet not, et cetera. Be careful. Whatever this place is it’s… different, is all I can say.”
Having grown up and spent decades in Psyscape prior to its return to Rifts-Earth, Lahz frowns a bit, "Sounds alot like the Astral Plane. Psyscape is partially within its purview, and it is scattered with realms of various sizes."
Ronan wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:29 pm"So, somehow, we wandered into a spooky mist-born town in another, what, dimension? Last time I traveled dimensions, I tumbled through a void and lost most my squad." ... "If the way back is closed, guess we can only go forward, huh. Let's go see if there is a pub open, shall we? I'll go first."
"We are following a vehicle that led away from a trap and have now come within a short distance of Gemini. Announcing our arrival in a pub is not the way I would go Rook. Scout. Expect that this is probably a town associated with CS-extremists. I.E. ... You as a D-Bee should be kill on sight ... which is a serious Riot ... because here, they are D-Bees too." He watches Ronan drop the garish silver armor and activate a Forcefield and shrugs at Mierin's comments, "Ok well ... I guess."

Lahz's focus on the psionic compass (Psionic Seeking) giving a direction on General Gemini gets recurring double-checks as they move, and if Ronan (and Northblade or whomever) opt to enter a Pub, Lahz stays outside deciding that he's not going to go through the process of getting back out of his Power Armor here in this unknown territory, he already got burned on that earlier resulting in being stabbed and poisoned. He will keep an eye out for a likely Jeep that might fit the description of the one they are tracking. If he finds one, Lahz walks up and (if safe) lays a mechanical finger on it to use Object Read:

Object Read [-6 ISP, Impressions: 76%: 1d100: [73] = 73 , Images: 68%: 1d100: [51] = 51 , Present Owner (Location): 48%: 1d100: [19] = 19 ]. *Was this thing driven by someone related to Gemini's little project? Who? Where are they headed? ... *
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
Posts: 404
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Sleeper

Post by Virtus »

12:15am
Dense Fog
Visibility: 100ft
54F degrees
No Winds
No radio traffic except the Spooks.
Lahz has Ray scan the water. It is both cold and deep but nothing is detected. However, on the shore of the island there are numerous vehicles that have been rolled into the water.

Ronan advances. The tracks of the truck are visible in the slimy street. As they move forward they notice the windows have been painted, boarded on the outside or sanded as if with sandpaper, making the glass non reflective. Roughly half the windows have visible light coming from them.

Vheld recovers and issues warnings to the others regarding what he has found. Wayne scans for heat signatures. Some of the buildings have heat detectable at stacks, exhausts and windows. Ahead there is a signature in the road.

There is an thin, elderly man lying in the street. Lahz senses low magic from him. Ronan asks the man, "How we doing? We're new to these parts, know a good place to get some food and information?" The man looks up at Ronan with a wild stare. He points a thin finger down the road towards what looks like a pub. The man tries speaking but only horse groans clumsily shaped by his cracked mouth escape. Anyone paying attention notices he lacks a tongue, though without further inspection it's hard to tell if he was born without it or if it was cut out. Pushing himself into an upright position against wall, he grins toothlessly while spittle runs down his chin. The stench from the man is quite strong, a mixture of vomit and other foulness. He looks at everyone in turn, nodding and mumbling indistinctly.

((account for roughly 15 minutes of time. If you go to investigate the jeep, you won't have time to also enter the pub))


If everyone moves to the pub
OOC Comments
ImageThe building sits on a corner of two intersecting streets. There are numerous cars parked along the street and down side streets. Notably, all look to be in various states of disrepair with most of them having had their windows broken. Some look as if they've been involved in combat sometime or another. Glancing 2 blocks further down the street Vheld and Mierin notice one vehicle that clearly does not look like the others; a newer Coalition wheel cargo jeep with an enclosed bed.
For those that want to enter the pub:
OOC Comments
Whoever enters the pub first is greeted by a stale scent and the sight of several dozen people, mostly adults. They are thin and dirty looking. All wear various clothes and look utterly exhausted but are wide-eyed with fright as they come in. Their initial tenseness eases. While this certainly is or was a pub, it's more of a community center by the general appearance. Supplies are stacked around the business. Old clothes, weapons of various types, hoses, tools and all manner of items ring the area. One of the people sitting at the bar comes forward. He wears what looks like an old Coalition fatigues, though thread bear and filthy. "More of you, eh? I'm sorry you found your way here. All of you might as well sit down. You aren't going anywhere anyhow and you'll have plenty of time. My name is Luke Hanon. Welcome to Hell. You want something to drink?"


For those investigation the jeep:
OOC Comments
Walking up to the jeep, it does indeed look to be a coalition jeep. The enclosed bed has no windows, but does have a door on the back. It's parked in front of what looks like an old grocery store. The windows are boarded over. The door is ajar, but no lights are on, save one. On the floor above the old grocery there is a ruddy light emminating from a window. The sound of items being moved can be heard as well as debris being shifted.
User avatar
Vheld
Posts: 544
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Sleeper

Post by Vheld »

JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4 , 1d100: [50] = 50
PER: 1d100: [79] = 79 vs. 79%

Conditions:
5m00s, completely invisible in shadows at least five feet big, +15% prowl, enemies are -5 to strike.

Mierin wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:27 pm”Wait, what? What do you mean we’re not on Earth?” Shaking her head, she adds in a calm tone of voice, ”I understand the words, but how did this happen exactly? How are we supposed to get back?”
”Could be the tunnel is a stable dimensional aperture, and we need only go back the way we came. Could be something else. But if Gemini is here, he must have some way of getting back to Earth, so that is probably our best bet.” Until we find out what the Hades is going on here, anyway.

As they move into town and Ronan starts making new friends, Vheld shrugs off Lahz’s caution. ”The locals don’t look particularly hostile, and I don’t think we have much to lose. Let him see what he can find. Maybe don’t eat anything though.” Vheld looks at the local distastefully, and nonchalantly maximizes the distance between them while still staying with the group. As Ronan and any others head for the pub, Vheld says ”We’ll stay out here and keep an eye out. I'm not exactly a fan of people. Or their smells.” He wrinkles his nose in disgust. Assuming Lahz wants to inspect the jeep, Vheld and his minions will make their way over there but the shifter will have little to contribute to the search of the vehicle itself. He will, however, point to the door to the bed of the truck. ”Bakir, open that.” Barring any sixth sense twinges, Vheld will otherwise just look on silently until he hears a sign of someone (or more than one) nearby. Pointing up to the window, Vheld issues another soft command. ”One, two. See who is up there and bring them to me.” Vheld will wait for the entities to return before deciding anything further.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatic senses: Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses)
33d remaining
,
PPE: 111/329 (Vheld), 850/1100 (Energy sphere), 83/83 (Sil), 277/400 (Skarrah), 396/480 (Bakir). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 341/500 (Skarrah). MDC: 677/800(Skarrah), 1116/1200 (Bakir), 187/187 (Birga).
: 2/3 on Vheld IA, 2/3 on Ring of Invisibility
, 2/3 on Skarrah IA, 2/3 on Bakir IA.
User avatar
Wayne Northblade
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 9:07 am

Re: Sleeper

Post by Wayne Northblade »

Perception: 1d100: [51] = 51 /49%
JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 / 1d100: [83] = 83

"Contact ahead." Wayne moves slowly as they approach the heat signature. He switches back to his normal view and puts his hand on his pistol in its holster. Only to find it's an old bum lying in the street.

Wayne views the elderly man with a strong distaste. Weak. Back home, he would have been murdered immediately. You could do him the favor. No, why waste my ire when the main target will be so much more fulfilling. Sir W. Northblade scoffs at the man's vague directions and begins walking toward the pub. "Pretty obvious that's where we needed to go. Lack of tongue notwithstanding, he was rather unhelpful."

The walk to the pub, Wayne keeps his eyes out for any problems on the road. He points out the various heat signatures that may belong to a human or any recently discharged weaponry. He points out the issues with the various vehicles scattered around. Windows smashed, scorch marks, disrepair. "War wheels. Be on guard."

Wayne nods his understanding when some of the group goes to investigate the Jeep that stands out. He continues on to the pub with whoever decides to join him. Entering the drinking establishment, he is underwhelmed with the locals. More cowardice. More fear. I suppose I do strike an imposing visage in this wonderful armor. "Hanon. What do you mean by not going anywhere and Hell? While this place is lovely, it is assuredly not anywhere I'll be spending a majority of my time. I have a goal and a home. Where are we and who are you?" Wayne doesn't mince words with the one local with enough guts to speak up.

While he waits for answers, he takes a look around the pub for anything special that might stand out to him. (Find Contraband – 1d100: [1] = 1 /51%to see if there's anything worth a damn in the pub - Critical Success!)
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 502
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: Sleeper

Post by Lahz »

Perception [51%]: 1d100: [48] = 48 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20: [4] = 4
JiC D100: 1d100: [27] = 27

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 100%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1900ft if using magical or psionic powers, 900ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Cautious] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Marauder Power Armor (440/440 MB), Forcefield (160/160), Sixth Sense (Cannot be surprised by a sneak attack), Psionic Seeking (20.00 Min, 9.00 Mile Range: Target Gemini)

ISP: 103/231 (-6(?))

Telemechanics [100%]: 1d100: [44] = 44

Lahz moves down the road towards the Pub area warily. When the others head in, Lahz stays outside with Vheld and Ray ... when he spots the CS Jeep, he walks up and uses Object Read on it (as previously outlined) by touching it unobtrusively.
Lahz wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:05 pm Lahz stays outside deciding that he's not going to go through the process of getting back out of his Power Armor here in this unknown territory, he already got burned on that earlier resulting in being stabbed and poisoned. He will keep an eye out for a likely Jeep that might fit the description of the one they are tracking. If he finds one, Lahz walks up and (if safe) lays a mechanical finger on it to use Object Read:
Object Read [-6 ISP, Impressions: 76%: 1d100: [73] = 73 , Images: 68%: 1d100: [51] = 51 , Present Owner (Location): 48%: 1d100: [19] = 19 ].
When Vheld dispatches his minions to fetch whoever is up in the building, Lahz shrugs, *No better ideas down here. I'm not a telepath with anything except an engine. Although it's pretty damn simple to communicate via writing when you need to, as long as both parties are literate.*

Lahz determines what he can from Object Read, then shifts his attention to Vheld while they wait for the others. He will keep an eye out for potential threats, and anything that might trigger his own 6th Sense.
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Ronan
Posts: 177
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: Sleeper

Post by Ronan »

Perception: 1d100: [67] = 67 / 39%
JiC: 1d20: [17] = 17 / 1d100: [88] = 88

Conditions:
[4 on initiative. 2 to parry and dodge. 2 to strike. One additional attack per melee. No minuses apply when blinded or in darkness. 1,200ft]
|
Range: 90ft | Determine general flesh health of another being. Reveals if little or many HP/SDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically
|
205/205 MDC


Radar Skills
Actively being used in the unknown environment to track any unseen movements he can pick up.
Interpreting Shapes: 1d100: [96] = 96 /84%
Estimating Distance: 1d100: [87] = 87 /88%
Estimating Direction: 1d100: [60] = 60 /88%
Estimating Speed: 1d100: [63] = 63 /68%
Estimating Exact Location: 1d100: [64] = 64 /78%

Other Skills


Post
Vheld wrote:”We’ll stay out here and keep an eye out. I'm not exactly a fan of people. Or their smells.
After they pass the thin, elderly man laying in the street, Ronan shakes his head and sighs. "That wasn't ominous, at all now, was it?" Ronan mutters mockingly after some good paces away. When Ronan spots the pub, he'll nod over to Vheld and Lahz. "Works for me, I'll go in with any volunteers to the smellllllss." Ronan answers in jest. Gonna see if this brooding guy can swing a joke. Ronan thinks, with a mischievous grin before turning to the others going to the pub with him. Ronan'll follow Wayne in and notion for Mierin to join them.

Ronan takes in the internal scene of the bar turned what, safehouse? Huh, definitely odd. Ronan muses as they are greeted.
Barkeep wrote:"More of you, eh? I'm sorry you found your way here. All of you might as well sit down. You aren't going anywhere anyhow and you'll have plenty of time. My name is Luke Hanon. Welcome to Hell. You want something to drink?"
Black Hood aka Wayne wrote:"Hanon. What do you mean by not going anywhere and Hell? While this place is lovely, it is assuredly not anywhere I'll be spending a majority of my time. I have a goal and a home. Where are we and who are you?"
Before Ronan can respond, the masked swordsman chimes in in usual fashion. Ronan nearly winces at the unsociolite and clasps Wayne around the shoulder in a big brother fashion. "What we mean to say is; more of who and what kind of drinks do you got?" Ronan asks, shooting a sideways look to Wayne. What you trying to piss on their parade?

After the initial introduction, Ronan will carry on a conversation with the barkeep that greeted them. "So, gotta say, I'm curious. How long have you all been here? How many visitors do you get, I mean, you're obviously used to it?" Ronan asks. Ronan will actively ping his radar to track people around them in the bar and make sure no one is sneaking up on them.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Oren Exe (PW GA)
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 321/321 (516 w/ MES)
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: Streetwolf MDC Biker Jacker: [12 M.D.C.] | Streetwolf Combat Pants: [8 M.D.C.] | Naruni Heavy Force Field [110 M.D.C.]
Carried: Will Declare but most likely KLS
Carried [Secured in Dimensional Bag]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C | Skorblade Short Blade

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 45% [49%]
Toxins (15+): +3
Magic (varies): +3 [+5]
Lethal Poison (14+): +3 [+5]
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +3 [+5]
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (15+): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +2
¯\_(▀̿ ͜ʖ ͡▀̿ ̿)_/¯
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 633
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC
Contact:

Re: Sleeper

Post by Mierin »

Perception: 1d100: [4] = 4 (82%)
JIC: 1d20: [5] = 5 , 1d100: [68] = 68

Detect Ambush 1d100: [27] = 27 (98%)
Detect Concealment 1d100: [40] = 40 (63%)

Conditions
Wearing NG Stalker Suit
Invincible Armour 187/200 mdc
Multi-Optic eyes
OOC Comments
Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet (In use)
Light Filters: Reduces glare

Noting the CS jeep, Mierin wonders if some if Gemini’s men are nearby. If so, they can take us to where Gemini is. I’m sure Vheld and his pets can convince them. Plus Mierin had a few tricks up her sleeve from her CS days in convincing others to do what she wanted.
"More of you, eh? I'm sorry you found your way here. All of you might as well sit down. You aren't going anywhere anyhow and you'll have plenty of time. My name is Luke Hanon. Welcome to Hell. You want something to drink?"
Mierin can’t stop herself from chuckling slightly, given that’s she’s actually been to Hell. Shaking her head, Mierin is about to ask why he calls it hell when Wayne beats her to it. Mierin waits for the bartender to answer Wayne and Ronan’s questions, she watches their surroundings to look for signs of attacks.
Mierin
"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies


Stats & Stuff
ISP: 27/35
HP: 57/57
SDC: 96/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

NE-BA-26 Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated)
Helmet--50/50, Arms--40/40, Legs--50/50, Main Body--900/900
Force Field: 160/160
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
Posts: 404
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Sleeper

Post by Virtus »

12:30am
Dense Fog
Visibility: 100ft
54F degrees
No Wind
No radio traffic except the Spooks.
By the Jeep

Vheld stays outside and moves to the jeep, avoiding the aroma of the pub. Lahz accompanies him and together they arrive at the jeep. Touching it, he knows it to be Gemini's who is alive, though with evil in his heart. The vehicle's purpose is for transportation. It is not enchanted or possessed. A scene comes to his mind, just outside of the tunnel Gemini and the woman seem to be arguing. The jeep comes to a stop. Suddenly while arguing, Gemini pulls out a laser pistol and shoots her. He then pushes her body out and drives into the tunnel.

At the Pub

Those who have went into the pub begin speaking with Hanon, the defacto barkeep. Wayne starts in with the questions.
"Hanon. What do you mean by not going anywhere and Hell? While this place is lovely, it is assuredly not anywhere I'll be spending a majority of my time. I have a goal and a home. Where are we and who are you?"
when Ronan cut's in, repositioning their introductions.
"What we mean to say is; more of who and what kind of drinks do you got? So, gotta say, I'm curious. How long have you all been here? How many visitors do you get, I mean, you're obviously used to it?"
Surprisingly, most of the others in the pub seem somewhat disinterested in the conversation now. It was as if they were waiting to hear some news and it was obvious you didn't bring it. None the less, Hanon sighs before replying. "More? More bastards just as unlucky as us that is. As far as drinks, we've been making this hooch from some of the plants we grow here. As far as where you are, that's a topic of debate. At the very least, I can tell you it's a trap, like an antlion's sand pit. Whether it's meant to keep us trapped here or to keep the other things trapped here, I don't know. It's dimensional in nature, though. Guessing you haven't looked for the tunnel you came in through have you? Well, I'll save you some time. It's not there."

Hanon pours drinks for everyone. He also scoots over a bowl of a thick, heavy chips and a few bowls of steaming broth. Somewhat similar a tortilla but denser. The drink is stiff and unpleasant, having a general flavor like dry gin but slightly more pungent. The chips are hard and very salty, while the broth is weak, having a vague chicken flavor about it.

"As for how long we've been here? I've been here around 20 years, if I were to guess. It's hard to keep track of time in this place. I was part of a discovery team sent into the mountain. According to documents the Coalition had uncovered, this was supposed to be a Golden Age military facility. A land slide at some point had buried the entrance. A tribe we had traded with on the way here had warned us that this whole area was cursed. Of course they were unhelpfully vague and wouldn't say more. Anyhow, it took us a week to secure the entrance and clear it. To our surprise there were lights that had power in the tunnel. We proceeded with caution, thinking it might already be occupied. And in a sense, it was. We arrived in town, just like you have now. And there was someone sitting here, telling me some of the things I'm about to tell you."

Hanon takes a drink himself and lets one of the chips steep in the broth before taking a bit. After eating the chip, he continues.

"It's hard to get exact information, but it seems as if people have been in this place for about a hundred years. That's based on the oldest items we could find and from stories we gathered. There are roughly 500 people here, though that number fluctuates, depending on how many are claimed. Though there are suicides and the like as well. We've even had a few die from natural causes. You'll find some that have lived their whole lives here, though most of us have stumbled in without realizing there is no way out.

The facility was supposedly deep in the mountain to protect from attack, so whatever this place is, it's not what's supposed to be here. This is an island, roughly 5 miles long and 3 miles wide, oriented east-west, if the road you came in on is east-west. Regular compasses do no work here. Inertial mappers are as good as it gets. This is the west side of the island and is where everyone lives. Beyond that there are the mudfields where we grow what food we can. There is a sort of day here, though it's a dim grey at the brightest. No moon or sun, which is a blessing really. Past the mudfields there is a sickly looking forest, with mostly dead trees, though there are some still growing, though off what, I've got some ideas, but not worth saying out loud. Then on the other side of the island is some sort of military or scientific installation. It's a huge building. No one goes there, though. Well, I say no one. When we first got here, we sent some spec ops there. We still had a couple of SAMAS then. They reported gun fire and screams but none of them came back out. The SAMAS pilots had also seen some things that looked like people, dressed in hospital garb, but horribly disfigured. Some of the old people that were here back then called them wards. Occasionally those things will venture this direction, into the mudfields. They drag people away when they can, alive. I think the wards are harvesting people for some purpose, including creating more of themselves. We killed a few before. I think they were human once. They appear to have been subjected to horrific surgeries. They do possess unnatural strength though. It's not just surgery. Our psychics at the time said those things had a supernatural malevolence to them."


Hanon takes another drink.

"Anyhow, I better get to some warnings while I can. First, if you have any fliers stay within 500 feet of the island. One of our SAMAS pilots was trying to find a way out. We don't know what he found, but we all heard his anguished screams before we lost radio contact. Second, if you have mirrors or large pieces of glass, paint over them or break them. You can be dragged through them, even if you're in armor. There are faceless things in the mirrors that can grab a hold of your reflection and pull you through. And if the mirror is too small for you to fit through comfortably, whatever doesn't fit will be left behind. I watched a solider in deadboy armor get cored like an apple in a matter of seconds. We pulled him back, but it was already too late. Third, don't swim in the water. I think maybe undead of some type. Sometimes you can see the shapes moving in the water near the shoreline. Sometimes you can see a great eddy in the water like a giant school of fish. Whatever they are, they don't really venture out of the water. I could never get a good look, but that brings me to my next point, don't bring any light sources near the water. Remember me mentioning about mirrors? Even a flashlight will turn the still water into a giant mirror. If you throw something into the water, it is usually enough to break the reflection. Fourth, don't go past the mudfields. The wards sometimes wander the woods. You'll usually see one by itself, but usually there are more nearby. And they are tough. Fifth, if you have psychics, just be careful with what they're opening their minds to. We lost all of the psychics we've had to something they contacted here. All of them suffered terribly before the end."

While Hanon talks, you see other people in the pub nodding, and hear some sharing stories to bolster the points Hanon makes.

"I'm sure you won't take my word on it, so have a look around. You cannot escape and you will die a terrible death if you try. So, get comfortable. We have a sheet here for work details. We all take it in turns. If you want to eat, you'll need to work. The power has never went out, we don't know where it comes from and no one wants to find out. Just glad we have it. There are plenty of places to setup living quarters. Just keep my warnings in mind and you'll be mostly safe. I'm sure you've got some energy weapons, but the power here doesn't seem to have enough output to charge eclips. I had rigged some step-up converters to try. About the best I could do was charge one eclip every three months. So conserve your resources. Gemini didn't seem to pay attention, so you might remind him when you see him. I'm sorry about his brothers. He should have never come."

Oh, and why we call it Hell? Well, it's been a working theory with some. Not everyone agrees. But this is a place of despair, torture and anguish that you cannot escape from. If it's not Hell, it's decent facsimile as far as I can see."


Back by the Jeep

Vheld's two minions come out, grasping no other than Gemini between the two of them, none too gently. He looks up at the two of you. His eyes are red with rage. His speech is calm however. "Good, you've made it. I wasn't sure you would. I told you I wanted to talk to you. I've got a job that needs done. I have brought you here to destroy this place." he says with a smile. Gemini always seemed a little unhinged, but there is an element to him now where you aren't entirely sure who he's speaking to or if it's a general statement. Not that it needs said, but he's not all there.
User avatar
Vheld
Posts: 544
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Sleeper

Post by Vheld »

JIC: 1d20: [18] = 18 , 1d100: [61] = 61
PER: 1d100: [37] = 37 vs. 79%
Virtus wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 6:13 am"Good, you've made it. I wasn't sure you would. I told you I wanted to talk to you. I've got a job that needs done. I have brought you here to destroy this place."
Vheld’s eyes glitter with malice as his minions bring forth Gemini. So. He manipulated us. Very clever. It was always about the job he originally contacted us about. When we refused, he baited us and we followed. Right into his little, interdimensional trap. Except he wants us to destroy it. Curious. Vheld merely observes the former CS general for a few minutes while he addresses Lahz. Something is wrong with him. Maybe having one of the minions scoop everything we want to know isn’t the best first play. So be it. With a look to Lahz, as if to say ‘allow me’, Vheld turns his full attention on Gemini. ”Skarrah. Make sure he doesn’t lie to us. Now. ‘General.’ My colleague here and I are going to ask you some questions. You answer truthfully, and maybe I won’t bring the whip out. You piss me off any more than you already have, and I can assure you I will. You can trust me when I say you don’t want that, or you can find out in a minute or so. What is this place? How do we get back to Earth? And why do you want it destroyed so badly?” If Gemini should at all prove reticent, Vheld will retrieve the whip of agony out of his backpack and go to town, heedless of any screams of agony it might produce.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatic senses: Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses)
33d remaining
,
PPE: 111/329 (Vheld), 850/1100 (Energy sphere), 83/83 (Sil), 277/400 (Skarrah), 396/480 (Bakir). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 341/500 (Skarrah). MDC: 677/800(Skarrah), 1116/1200 (Bakir), 187/187 (Birga).
: 2/3 on Vheld IA, 2/3 on Ring of Invisibility
, 2/3 on Skarrah IA, 2/3 on Bakir IA.
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 502
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: Sleeper

Post by Lahz »

Perception [51%]: 1d100: [58] = 58 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20: [10] = 10
JiC D100: 1d100: [82] = 82

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 100%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1900ft if using magical or psionic powers, 900ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Cautious] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Marauder Power Armor (440/440 MB), Forcefield (160/160), Sixth Sense (Cannot be surprised by a sneak attack), Psionic Seeking (20Min, 9.00 Mile Range: Target Gemini)

ISP: 97/231

Telemechanics [100%]: 1d100: [93] = 93

When Gemini apparently emerges from the building, Lahz physically bristles within the Marauder. Lahz consults his Psionic Seeking pegged to General Gemini (OOC: Is this really him or is there another 'ping' location within the radius(?)).

With the man who threatened his child and attacked the Spooks without provocation standing before him, he is sorely tempted to simply kill the man and deal with finding a way home later, *Vheld can probably just bind his ever-burning soul to a rock and we could question him then ... but no. Probably not the wisest way to proceed, tempting as it is. But wouldn't it be better to just crush an ankle? ... Just to kind of make sure he can't run off.*

Lahz shakes his head though and taps his radio to touch base with those in the Bar, "Allegedly we have Gemini in Custody out here, and surprise surprise he wants to talk." With a wave, Lahz's Marauder points, "Ray, take the General by his right wrist. If he attempts to escape without my order break his ankles." *There, let's see him run off with a 800lb anchor holding onto him.*

Once the prisoner is secured, Lahz begins questioning. He's almost hopeful the fool will lie or refuse to cooperate because it may provide a great reason to just kill him ...
  • How did you previously exit this Place?
  • How many men of yours are on this Island?
  • How many times have you come and gone from this Island?
  • Was the tunnel you came through this time the only route to and from this Island?
  • Why did you return?
  • What are you offering for completion of the destruction of this Island?
  • What resources do you have here for the task?
  • Are there Soul Forges here on the Island?
  • (if applicable) How many?
  • (if applicable) Who built the Soul Forges?
  • (if applicable) How were they built?
  • Are there any Soul Forges back on Earth?
  • (if applicable) How many?
  • (if applicable) Where?
  • (if applicable) Who built them?
If Lahz detects deception, or Vheld indicates that Gemini is lying on any response, he turns to Vheld, "Can one of your hellish-minions please locate information in his memory on his family? Anyone living is fine ... dead too may work. Anyone important to him."

*A mind wipe requires a focus, so better to know what he values. Obliterating parts of his Mind and memory ... No physical damage per se. But remove all knowledge or memory of a child? A mother? ... Won't matter if he hates 'em though.*

Lahz will keep an eye out for potential threats, and anything that might trigger his own 6th Sense.
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Wayne Northblade
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 9:07 am

Re: Sleeper

Post by Wayne Northblade »

Perception: 1d100: [70] = 70 /49%
JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 / 1d100: [45] = 45
Ronan wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:01 am
Black Hood aka Wayne wrote:"Hanon. What do you mean by not going anywhere and Hell? While this place is lovely, it is assuredly not anywhere I'll be spending a majority of my time. I have a goal and a home. Where are we and who are you?"
Before Ronan can respond, the masked swordsman chimes in in usual fashion. Ronan nearly winces at the unsociolite and clasps Wayne around the shoulder in a big brother fashion. "What we mean to say is; more of who and what kind of drinks do you got?" Ronan asks, shooting a sideways look to Wayne. What you trying to piss on their parade?
Wayne looks at Ronan as he undermines Wayne's gruff entry. He thinks about the camaraderie he's experienced thus far and balances it against his refusal to ever be seen as weak. Which he balances against the supernatural strength the silver streak possessed that could turn him into a smear in short order. Fine. We'll do it your way.

As Hanon spins his yarn, Sir Northblade listens closely. When offered food or drink, he places it next to himself at the bar but does not partake. Sounds like we need to kill these Wards, investigate the military facility and hopefully find a way out of here. For everyone.

And then his thoughts are interrupted by a radio call.
Lahz wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 1:03 pm"Allegedly we have Gemini in Custody out here, and surprise surprise he wants to talk."
"That was fast." He thinks for a second and showing some amazing restraint says "We're getting the history of this place in the bar. If I see Gemini, I'll kill him. So I'll leave him to you for the time being. If he does anything you don't like, call me. I'll be right there."

Turning back to Hanon, he says "I can see why you'd call this Hell. Your warnings have been helpful. Let's say we were fixated on the idea of breaking out of here. How many men might we have at our disposal? Or has everyone given up the fight after seeing their friends be eviscerated through a mirror?" Wayne smirks under his helmet and thinks to himself Interesting way to go.
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 633
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC
Contact:

Re: Sleeper

Post by Mierin »

Perception: 1d100: [1] = 1 (82%)
JIC: 1d20: [1] = 1 , 1d100: [11] = 11

Conditions
Wearing NG Stalker Suit
Invincible Armour 187/200 mdc
Multi-Optic eyes
OOC Comments
Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet (In use)
Light Filters: Reduces glare
”Gemini didn't seem to pay attention, so you might remind him when you see him. I'm sorry about his brothers. He should have never come."
Mierin raises an eyebrow at this. Interesting. She asks, ”he lost his brothers? How long would you say he’s been here?” If he’s been here the whole time, how did he contact us? As she waits for a response, Mierin continue to listen as Hanon describes the area and tells them what the dangers are.
"Allegedly we have Gemini in Custody out here, and surprise, surprise he wants to talk."
Part of Mierin is surprised to hear this, but the rest of her isn’t. Of course he is. I wonder what the hell he wants? While she did want to kill Gemini just as much as Wayne does, Mierin can wait until they get some information from Gemini first. If we can find a way out of here, we should just leave him here. It’d serve him right. Mierin replies on the radio, ”Copy that. Queen en route.” Mierin heads out to where Lahz and Vheld are talking to Gemini. This ought to be good. Mierin thinks to herself, not wanting to interrupt the conversation yet.
Mierin
"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies


Stats & Stuff
ISP: 27/35
HP: 57/57
SDC: 96/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

NE-BA-26 Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated)
Helmet--50/50, Arms--40/40, Legs--50/50, Main Body--900/900
Force Field: 160/160
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
Posts: 404
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Sleeper

Post by Virtus »

12:45am
Dense Fog
Visibility: 100ft
54F degrees
No Wind
No radio traffic except the Spooks.
WITH GEMINI

Gemini looks unnerved by Vheld's promise, though it seems as something else is occupying most of his concern. Still, he responds to the questions, clearing his throat.

Image

"What is this place? A prison of some fashion. Originally this was supposed to have been a Golden Age facility, they called Frontier 1. According to the Coalition's records, they were experimenting with developing psychic capabilities. They were using implants and drugs to unlock new areas of the mind they had only dreamed about. Then the rifts came. Funny enough, this area didn't get hit as bad as a lot of the rest of the continent. The facility remained largely intact. This facility refocused their goals on using their advancements to combat the supernatural that suddenly began appearing. What exactly that looked like was turning this info a containment area. They reportedly had techniques to hold even powerful supernatural entities in suspended animation for indefinite amounts of time.

Those of us on the science team were of course looking at this as a critical tool in the increasing tensions with Tolkien. Though some of us were split as to what it would even look like. Some of us felt sure that they had unleashed heretofore unseen psychic abilities capable of subduing threats. Others felt they had a technology capable of interacting with the supernatural. Both theories had merit but we never have found adequate answers.

So, 20 years ago we finally found the __cpLocation, secured funding and began excavating the tunnel. There were warning signs, even then. The tunnel had light. Of course all we could think about was some new energy source that had survived the cataclysm. But we did have some caution. We sent numerous skelebots through. None returned or would even transmit any data back through. We sent dogs, cats, even dogboys through. None returned.

So we began using psychics. It seemed as though the dogboys we sent through were alive but little other info could be gleaned. The word was Prosek personally was interested in the project and demanded results. So we reluctantly assembled a forward team. Among them was my youngest brother. No word ever returned. After a week, we sent another team. And another, and another. After a few months they considered the project a loss and ordered the entrance destroyed... with all our people still in there, including my brother.

My last remaining brother and I secretly kept researching the facility. A few years later we returned with a hand full of other people who had also lost loved ones to this hole. We cleared the entrance and began secretly hiring psychics, magic users and any manner of being we thought might be able to give us clues to the nature of the thing. We would occasionally send messages and food through. When possible we would use psychics to check on their well being where possible. Even that proved dangerous as many made contact with something that would destroy their minds. As time wore on, it appeared that some of our people were beginning to die. So we became more persistent. We even tried drilling in from other directions to no avail. There was just rock. Something is bending space there. Even with multiple references that should have seen us coming out into the tunnel, we would be diverted hundreds of yard off in either direction. We even hired a woman who could shape the rock itself and she couldn't seem to even get close to the tunnel or what lies beyond.

We then had a stroke of luck when the Tolkien War got underway. It gave us the pretense needed to explore new options and as fate would have it, give us our best shot. Several months in, we captured a weapon unlike another other we had seen. It was underground in a border town near Tolkien. We forced them to tell us what it was and how it was used. That was the Soul Forge. Naturally, such things would be destined for the Vault, but if we ever wanted to save our family, we needed it. So we silenced everyone else. We had to. Only those who had people inside Frontier could be trusted.

The Soul Forge collects energy from the death of people. I suspect you know that some of the cataclysm was rumored to have unfolded because of mass death. The elves we took the Soul Forge from, said that matter generated from the Soul Forge could shattered dimensional barriers. It's a type of high yield explosive with dimension rending capabilities. Of course the Soul Forge was an unknown quantity, even to them. Apparently it was dragged out of some forbidden corner of the universe. But the lives needed to run it was intense. Fortunately we had a war to fight. We generated dozens of pounds of the material. It takes roughly a thousand souls per pound from our studies, give or take.

Anyhow, we took what we had back to the tunnel. My brother and two others volunteered to go in, find the others and get out. So we waited for a week. Finally in the middle of the night there was a terrible noise, like everything was ripping apart. I looked up to see my brother that had just went in through an unstable rift that was churning like a river. The opening wasn't much, maybe three foot in diameter. My brother tried to jump through when it collapsed. One of his arms made it through. The rest of him remained on the other side.

Image

While it was a failure, the brief opening gave a psychic we had with us dramatic insight. There is a central point to the anomaly somewhere inside. Something is generating it. If it can be destroyed, then the pocket dimension will collapse. Alternatively, with more Soul Forge weapons, you could force a wider rift to open for longer. Maybe long enough to get some people out. Unfortunately it seems far too late for my brothers. I have no purpose now, aside from seeing this place destroyed."


Lahz goes to further lengths to secure Gemini. Once Ray secures him, he asks additional questions. "As you just heard, I've never been inside until now and there is no escape except to destroy the seed of the anomaly. As far as how many of my people are left, from what I was told just a little earlier, there are a couple dozen. Yes, it does seem that the tunnel is the only way in and out of Frontier 1, if indeed this is that place. As far as what I'm offering, you've seen my facility. Not that there's anything worth much, but it's yours. I don't need it now. Your reward for destroying this place will be freedom."

"How many Soul Forge weapons are here on the island? There are three. These are much larger and more refined than the previous version. They're in the back of the jeep. As far as who built the Forge, even the elves didn't know. They had found it in a forbidden dimension and brought it out to be used in the war. There is only one Forge. It's in the burbs. We had it down here for a while, using the facility you were fighting in to gather souls, but it was just too slow. So we moved in into the burbs, where the death and suffering never ends. It's free fuel in generous amounts."


Anyone that delves his mind finds that his brothers were precious to him, but all of that is now replaced with the mania of destroying this place.

BACK AT THE PUB

Wayne inquires as to the likelihood of anyone helping them. Hanon smiles sadly and replies quietly "If they had real hope, you'd find a few. But sometimes it hurts more to hope than it does just to accept where you're at. Everyone here at some point had to give up hope of ever getting out. If hope were to rear its head, only to be an illusion I think it would kill most more assuredly than a bullet." Looking around Wayne notices that most are intentionally ignoring him. He suspects that escape has been tried and failed so many times that it's subdued the people here.

Mierin asks about Gemini. "Yes, one of them was with me when we first arrived. Another showed up a couple years later. Both are now dead. His youngest brother was dragged through a puddle in the road and the other simply disappeared. As far as the man you're referring to, he's been here for about 6 hours or so, if I were to guess. Time is tough to track here."
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 502
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: Sleeper

Post by Lahz »

Perception [51%]: 1d100: [47] = 47 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20: [18] = 18
JiC D100: 1d100: [90] = 90

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 100%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1900ft if using magical or psionic powers, 900ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Cautious] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Marauder Power Armor (440/440 MB), Forcefield (160/160), Sixth Sense (Cannot be surprised by a sneak attack), Psionic Seeking (5.00 Min, 9.00 Mile Range: Target Gemini)

ISP: 97/231

Telemechanics [100%]: 1d100: [65] = 65

*Curious, the spirit summoned of Merideth Ramirez indicated there were 3 Soul Forges, and they were down here ... Gemini says 1, and that it is far away. I suppose she could have been referring to the 3 weapons he claims to have brought ... but that wasn't the question posed. So is he lying and there are 3 of these things in here to manufacture weapons of frakking evil for the CS? Or was his scientific partner in crime *

Lahz regards the man carefully, though he has made no move to run or pull away from restraint by Ray the robot, who is it seems is also functioning. Which begs the question where are all the old Skelebots this sh^t head mentioned?

"So who was Merideth Ramirez? Why Kill her? ... Where exactly is the Soul Forge Gemini? How are you connected to Anderson and the Southern Fangs? Are the Southern Fangs the ones who fired missiles on our Merctown facility? Why is the Coalition bombarding Anderson? What were the things that attacked us in the tunnels? How did you get the ones that took on appearances of our loved ones? How did they acquire the memories? What about the Black-Beast-Things, what were those? Were the swords they used Soul-Forged weapons like the ones in the Jeep?"

Lahz will walk around to the rear of the jeep and open it to locate whatever the hell Gemini brought with him.

OOC: What are these things? Guns? Melee Weapons?

W.P. Blunt
W.P. Heavy M.D. Weapons
Weapons Engineer [93%]: 1d100: [32] = 32
Electrical Engineer [93%]: 1d100: [88] = 88
Field Armorer & Munitions Expert [76%]: 1d100: [2] = 2

The Psi-Tech continues to keep an eye out for potential threats, and anything that might trigger his own 6th Sense.

*Destroy this Central point thing and the whole place will collapse in on itself he says ... but since he has never been able to get someone out successfully in over 20 years of efforts, he is just frekking ASSUMING that when it collapses, it wont kill us all. Arrogant piece of shite. I should just have Vheld create a portal home, step through and leave him with a jeep parked on his foot ... It also means anyone already in here basically started off as a CS Operative, and has been trapped down here being bitter as frek about magic for 20+ years, so if all he needed was someone to swing these weapons, he had those folks in place already ...*

Lore: Demons & Monsters [55%]: 1d100: [41] = 41
Lore: Magic [41%]: 1d100: [89] = 89

"So, you sent 1 weapon in with your 2nd Brother, what was his name? ... Ok so you send one in with <name provided>, where is that?"
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Vheld
Posts: 544
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Sleeper

Post by Vheld »

JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 , 1d100: [40] = 40
PER: 1d100: [14] = 14 vs. 79%

Vheld listens silently as he digests Gemini’s testimony. He almost licks his lips at the mention of the soul forge. So. Went rogue to try and save his family. How quaint. But at Gemini’s description of the soul-forged weapons Vheld’s interest greatly increases. Piercing dimensional barriers? Interesting. Any number of potential uses there. But for the time being, Vheld keeps his own counsel. He continues to listen to Lahz’s interrogation of the man, but as there is no indication of deception on Gemini’s part Vheld opts not to use any magic (or torture) just yet. With Lahz having covered all of the bases Vheld can think of, when the elf turns to Vheld for his opinion the shifter merely says (in a voice too low for Gemini to hear), ”Even if we opt not to use them here, those soul weapons are potentially quite valuable in their own right. If we can locate them quickly and quietly, it is likely to be worth the effort. Otherwise, it sounds like either way we need to find the center of this place and destroy whatever’s sustaining it. The question is, what do we do with him until then? Let one of my entities control him and bring him along?”
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatic senses: Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses)
33d remaining
,
PPE: 111/329 (Vheld), 850/1100 (Energy sphere), 83/83 (Sil), 277/400 (Skarrah), 396/480 (Bakir). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 341/500 (Skarrah). MDC: 677/800(Skarrah), 1116/1200 (Bakir), 187/187 (Birga).
: 2/3 on Vheld IA, 2/3 on Ring of Invisibility
, 2/3 on Skarrah IA, 2/3 on Bakir IA.
User avatar
Wayne Northblade
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 9:07 am

Re: Sleeper

Post by Wayne Northblade »

Perception: 1d100: [31] = 31 /49%
JIC: 1d20: [15] = 15 / 1d100: [9] = 9

"Hope is for fools. There's the pain of birth, the release of death and between a show of strength or weakness. Pardon me, feeling peckish."

Wayne grabs the food and drink he previously procured and heads to face a dark corner where he can remove his helmet to eat without anyone seeing his face. These people are weak and when I get out, I'm not taking them with me. If you won't rescue yourself, you don't deserve it. Ack, that's a strong drink! Wayne coughs a little after sipping the alcohol provided. Chasing it with some chips and broth, he is happy to have some sustenance during this ordeal.

Finished with his meal, he resecures his helmet and approaches Ronan and Mierin. "These little shits like to nab folks through mirrors, right? What if we set up a trap for one? Set up a mirror, stand back, blow the fuck out of it if something comes through. Maybe creepy cloak guy could bind it or something. That's what he does with the demons, right?" Wayne thinks for a moment. "Even if that is off the table, the way out is through. We have to find these Wards and take down the military installation Hanon told us about. I wonder if they've killed Gemini yet." Wayne's mind drifts to the different ways he can think of to murder the exiled General. Psi-Sword to the throat, Grenade in the mouth, Bangstick to the chest, punching him until his brains exited his skull, flamethrower, laser blast to the head...
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 633
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC
Contact:

Re: Sleeper

Post by Mierin »

Perception: 1d100: [9] = 9 (82%)
JIC: 1d20: [8] = 8 , 1d100: [31] = 31

Detect Ambush 1d100: [52] = 52 (98%)
Detect Concealment 1d100: [92] = 92 (63%)

Conditions
Wearing NG Stalker Suit
Invincible Armour 187/200 mdc
Multi-Optic eyes
OOC Comments
Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet (In use)
Light Filters: Reduces glare
Mierin rolls her eyes at Northblade’s pontification before heading off to himself to eat something. Someone’s feeling melodramatic. Nodding at Hanon after he gives the information regarding Gemini and his brother, Mierin replies, ”Thanks for the information.”
I wonder if they've killed Gemini yet."
Mierin shrugs. ”They will kill him when it is time to do so.” Mierin thinks to herself When he ceases to be useful. She smirks at Northblade’s plan. ”Since it’s your idea, you get to be the bait. Congratulations!” Shaking her head, Mierin tells Northblade and Ronan, ”I’m going to check on the others, see what they’ve managed to get from Gemini.” Mierin leaves the bar and regroups with Lahz and Vheld, curious about what information they’d learned from Gemini. As she heads out, Mierin keeps an eye out for any sign of danger coming her way.
Mierin
"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies


Stats & Stuff
ISP: 27/35
HP: 57/57
SDC: 96/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

NE-BA-26 Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated)
Helmet--50/50, Arms--40/40, Legs--50/50, Main Body--900/900
Force Field: 160/160
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 502
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: Sleeper

Post by Lahz »

ROLLS HELD OVER

Looking into the back of the Jeep, Lahz taps his radio to speak with those in the Bar, "He says one of his brothers came through with a Soul Forged weapon of some kind. See if anyone knows where it is ... and if anyone has a Map. Doing this shit without intelligence is silly ... I suppose see if there's a 1-armed man in there that might be the brother too ..." *Just because an arm came off doesn't necessarily mean the brother is dead ... always a possibility.*
Vheld wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:54 am[W]hen the elf turns to Vheld for his opinion the shifter merely says (in a voice too low for Gemini to hear), ”Even if we opt not to use them here, those soul weapons are potentially quite valuable in their own right. If we can locate them quickly and quietly, it is likely to be worth the effort. Otherwise, it sounds like either way we need to find the center of this place and destroy whatever’s sustaining it. The question is, what do we do with him until then? Let one of my entities control him and bring him along?”
Lahz nods (assuming that Gemini has not given a basis for other treatment) and responds in a mirrored tone to that of Vheld, "Sure. If he has never been here before, has No information on how to navigate this location, and has already turned over all useful materials, I see no reason he needs to be in control of his body to inevitably try and screw us over. Have at him."
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Ronan
Posts: 177
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: Sleeper

Post by Ronan »

Perception: 1d100: [50] = 50 / 39%
JiC: 1d20: [19] = 19 / 1d100: [15] = 15

Conditions:
[4 on initiative. 2 to parry and dodge. 2 to strike. One additional attack per melee. No minuses apply when blinded or in darkness. 1,200ft]
|
Range: 90ft | Determine general flesh health of another being. Reveals if little or many HP/SDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically
|
205/205 MDC


Radar Skills
Actively being used in the unknown environment to track any unseen movements he can pick up.
Interpreting Shapes: 1d100: [60] = 60 /84%
Estimating Distance: 1d100: [23] = 23 /88%
Estimating Direction: 1d100: [19] = 19 /88%
Estimating Speed: 1d100: [54] = 54 /68%
Estimating Exact Location: 1d100: [56] = 56 /78%

Other Skills
Detect Ambush: 1d100: [18] = 18 /69% (Watch for signs of ambush)
Intelligence: 1d100: [33] = 33 /69% (Remember where the jeep was and where they went)

Post

Ronan lets Wayne and Mierin take the lead after taking a swig of the strongest brew they can muster and listens in. The arismal keeps his goggles down to hide his eyes and scouts the room as they converse. When Wayne or Mierin glance to him, the arismal offers a light shrug.

Ronan listens a little more intently about the warnings Hanon gives. The warnings pique his interest, especially these creatures that grab from mirrors.
Hanon wrote:"If they had real hope, you'd find a few. But sometimes it hurts more to hope than it does just to accept where you're at. Everyone here at some point had to give up hope of ever getting out. If hope were to rear its head, only to be an illusion I think it would kill most more assuredly than a bullet."
"He says one of his brothers came through with a Soul Forged weapon of some kind. See if anyone knows where it is ... and if anyone has a Map. Doing this shit without intelligence is silly ... I suppose see if there's a 1-armed man in there that might be the brother too ..."
Ronan listens to the bar patrons with growing disinterest until he hears the chirp on his radio.

He will look around the bar for any patron with one arm and barring that, will turn back to Hanon. "Then I don't suppose there is any sort of map of this pit, is there?" Ronan asks, expecting the answer to be a flat no. If it is, he finishes his drink and stands to approach the other two.
Wayne wrote:"These little shits like to nab folks through mirrors, right? What if we set up a trap for one? Set up a mirror, stand back, blow the fuck out of it if something comes through. Maybe creepy cloak guy could bind it or something. That's what he does with the demons, right?" Wayne thinks for a moment. "Even if that is off the table, the way out is through. We have to find these Wards and take down the military installation Hanon told us about. I wonder if they've killed Gemini yet."
Mierin wrote:”Since it’s your idea, you get to be the bait. Congratulations!”
Ronan smirks. "Seconded" Ronan adds as he clasps Wayne on the shoulder with a light touch (as to not break his poor back). He looks between the two then to the bar patrons. "I doubt these have anything else of use, let's sync up with the others." Ronan says and ushers them out together while queuing his radio.

"Ace, Duece. We're enroute with some local information but not much else. No hits on your questions, Ace." Ronan says and will then head towards where the jeep was located, all while keeping a close eye on anything that could be a threat, pinging Radar every so often. Ronan won't hide himself as he walks and instead would opt to make himself the bigger target of the three of them.

Ronan will keep an eye out for a one-armed man that fits the description and will stop and scope any likely person out on the way.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Oren Exe (PW GA)
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 321/321 (516 w/ MES)
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: Streetwolf MDC Biker Jacker: [12 M.D.C.] | Streetwolf Combat Pants: [8 M.D.C.] | Naruni Heavy Force Field [110 M.D.C.]
Carried: Will Declare but most likely KLS
Carried [Secured in Dimensional Bag]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C | Skorblade Short Blade

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 45% [49%]
Toxins (15+): +3
Magic (varies): +3 [+5]
Lethal Poison (14+): +3 [+5]
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +3 [+5]
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (15+): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +2
¯\_(▀̿ ͜ʖ ͡▀̿ ̿)_/¯
User avatar
Vheld
Posts: 544
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Sleeper

Post by Vheld »

Vheld wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:54 amJIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 , 1d100: [40] = 40
PER: 1d100: [14] = 14 vs. 79%
Lahz wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:07 pm"Sure. If he has never been here before, has No information on how to navigate this location, and has already turned over all useful materials, I see no reason he needs to be in control of his body to inevitably try and screw us over. Have at him."
Vheld nods, and as he turns to face Gemini a dark smile crosses his face. ”Enjoy the ride, Gemini.” Without turning back he gestures in the direction of his minions. ”Two. Take possession of this one. Your orders are to keep him safe and near me until I say differently. Make sure he is aware of what is happening.” Is being able to torture him worth the security risk? Vheld pauses and considers. Yes. Yes it is. He’ll be easy enough to kill once we’ve extracted everything of value from him.
Ronan wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:44 am"Ace, Duece. We're enroute with some local information but not much else."
Once Vheld has seen the horror in Gemini’s eyes as his body is taken from him, he turns away and speaks quietly into his own radio. ”Acknowledged. We have the target secured. Rendezvous and we’ll plan our next steps.”
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatic senses: Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses)
33d remaining
,
PPE: 111/329 (Vheld), 850/1100 (Energy sphere), 83/83 (Sil), 277/400 (Skarrah), 396/480 (Bakir). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 341/500 (Skarrah). MDC: 677/800(Skarrah), 1116/1200 (Bakir), 187/187 (Birga).
: 2/3 on Vheld IA, 2/3 on Ring of Invisibility
, 2/3 on Skarrah IA, 2/3 on Bakir IA.
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
Posts: 404
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Sleeper

Post by Virtus »

Lahz

Gemini looks up as Lahz asks about Meredith. "You know, her own father was in here. She was part of this project, almost from the beginning. We both were going in, hopefully with your team in tow. If not, we would at least die trying. She had a change of heart on our drive and became quite panicked. I couldn't risk her giving up details under coercion so I shot her. I hated to do that, but we had prepared too much to lose our grit now." he says. He does seem to have a mixture of anger and sorrow over the matter.

"Regarding the Southern Fangs, there more than a few of their members who served with me and others. They aren't overly familiar with everything I've been working on, but we have a working relationship. You'd be surprised at how many mercs aren't interested in going into a dimension they can't escape from unless they're successful. I tried to hire one team. I didn't disclose the nature of the facility, but a psychic on their team received premonitions. They did a little more digging to discover the nature of the job and abruptly ended the contract before even starting on it. It cost me a lot of money to ensure what they learned would die with them. I didn't want to do that again."

"As far as why they are bombing Anderson, I believe they think the Soul Forge is there. You must forgive me. There is a difference between the Soul Forge and the things we've created using it. But often we've simply called the things as Soul Forge, just a reference to their general quality. But there is only one true Soul Forge. The rest are items created, using it's power. But the Coalition has somehow found out about the Soul Forge and have been looking for it."

The things that attacked you in the tunnels, the ones that took on the appearance of your loved ones and the black beasts all have a similar origin. It's various effects of using the Soul Forge on living beings. I believe that something in the souls consumed within the Forge imparting characteristics on the subjects. Unfortunately the results were too unpredictable. I had a hope at one point that the power to breach this place could be granted to a person, but immediately things did not go well. Most subjects simply died. The ones that lived were malicious in nature, in most cases like a completely separate being. We used everything from cats and dogs to people. Nothing was consistent in results. The ones that took on the appearance of your loved ones were particularly dangerous. You could at least talk to them, which was unusual. They thrived on human sorrow, almost like a psi-stalker. The forms they took on was a natural reaction. They would always take on the appearance of someone close to their prey for obvious reasons. They killed two of my people in such a fashion. How did they acquire the memories? I would assume it's some type of psychic ability, but due to the Forge's nature, it's possible it's magic. Out of all the experiments with the Forge, they were the most disturbing. I think they received soul fragments from the same type of being, imparting some alien ability."

The swords were just from toying around. Some of our first work with the Forge. We tried swords, bullets, armor, all manner of things. But their power is simply insufficient to do what needs to be done.

My second brother's name is... was Edward and the one who went in first was James. Edward took for the first true Soul Forge weapon. We have focused since then on making these three in the back of the Jeep."


Lahz moves to the back of the Jeep and opens the doors. Inside are three large military cases. Carefully opening one of the cases is a device that looks much more like an explosive. Each one of these weighs easily over 200lbs. The windows on the devices exude an angry red light. Even the appearance has an unnatural appearance to it and has the taint of supernatural evil. Whatever the origins of the Forge, it's something evil.

Image

Ronan

Ronan asks about a map. Hanon shakes his head in resignation. "Yeah, I'll have to dig it out. But you can have it. It's from our exploration. Topographic scan, structures and various info from flyovers. It should be pretty accurate. We don't really go to the other side much, but I cant imagine much has changed. My only condition is if you find a way out, you take us with you. At the very least there are about 20 kids that don't need to spend the rest of their lives here."

Vheld

Vheld's two slaves possess Gemini, which he tries to resist, veins pulsing, before the inevitable submission to the control.
User avatar
Ronan
Posts: 177
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: Sleeper

Post by Ronan »

Perception: 1d100: [46] = 46 / 39%
JiC: 1d20: [6] = 6 / 1d100: [71] = 71

Conditions:
[4 on initiative. 2 to parry and dodge. 2 to strike. One additional attack per melee. No minuses apply when blinded or in darkness. 1,200ft]
|
Range: 90ft | Determine general flesh health of another being. Reveals if little or many HP/SDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically
|
205/205 MDC


Radar Skills
Actively being used in the unknown environment to track any unseen movements he can pick up.
Interpreting Shapes: 1d100: [75] = 75 /84%
Estimating Distance: 1d100: [83] = 83 /88%
Estimating Direction: 1d100: [32] = 32 /88%
Estimating Speed: 1d100: [78] = 78 /68%
Estimating Exact Location: 1d100: [99] = 99 /78%

Other Skills
Detect Ambush: 1d100: [32] = 32 /69% (Watch for signs of ambush)
Intelligence: 1d100: [40] = 40 /69% (Remember where the jeep was and where they went)

Post
Hanon wrote:"Yeah, I'll have to dig it out. But you can have it. It's from our exploration. Topographic scan, structures and various info from flyovers. It should be pretty accurate. We don't really go to the other side much, but I cant imagine much has changed. My only condition is if you find a way out, you take us with you. At the very least there are about 20 kids that don't need to spend the rest of their lives here."
When Hanon resigns and admits the existence of a map, Ronan reels back around to listen to the man as he explains. Reasonable. Ronan ponders before offering a half-nod. "I can't make any promises, but you have my word if we find a way out and are able too, we will try help you guys out as well." Ronan counter-offers. A soldier should understand at some points the mission comes first and rescuing randoms wasn't in this job, though it could be beneficial to see them returned home and make some allies on the way. Ronan considers while Hanon retrieves the map. He'll offer Hanon a handshake before returning to Mierin and Wayne and will pocket the map in one of his d-pockets for safe-keeping.

To Mierin and Wayne, "Alright, we got a map, they got intel. Let's link back up with the others and check this out." Ronan says to the pair and leads them outside to relink with the others.

"No sign of 3-limbs but we've got a map of the area that includes a topographic scan and a readout from several fly-overs. We're moving to you." Ronan says over the SS frequency.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Oren Exe (PW GA)
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 321/321 (516 w/ MES)
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: Streetwolf MDC Biker Jacker: [12 M.D.C.] | Streetwolf Combat Pants: [8 M.D.C.] | Naruni Heavy Force Field [110 M.D.C.]
Carried: Will Declare but most likely KLS
Carried [Secured in Dimensional Bag]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C | Skorblade Short Blade

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 45% [49%]
Toxins (15+): +3
Magic (varies): +3 [+5]
Lethal Poison (14+): +3 [+5]
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +3 [+5]
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (15+): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +2
¯\_(▀̿ ͜ʖ ͡▀̿ ̿)_/¯
Post Reply

Return to “Spook Squad Adventure Forum”