Sleeper

Out of the Frying Pan: The Spook Squad get in trouble yet again.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 514
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: Sleeper

Post by Lahz »

Lahz wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:24 pm Perception [51%]: 1d100: [24] = 24 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: : 1d20: [16] = 16
JiC D100: 1d100: [97] = 97

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 100%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1900ft if using magical or psionic powers, 900ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Cautious] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Marauder Power Armor (440/440 MB), Forcefield (160/160), Sixth Sense (Cannot be surprised by a sneak attack)

ISP: 157/231

Telemechanics [100%]: 1d100: [46] = 46

Ronan wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:40 pmAfter Ronan is done briefing the Spooks about the bombs, he pauses and holds up a finger. "Question, who's idea was this anyways? Cause, bombs have the built in cause of collateral damage." Ronan says matter-of-fact, as though to say; 'Some of us are less survivable than the others.' If/When he is told it came from Gemini, he'll scoff and laugh. "Right, from the guy who wants us dead. Well, some of us should make it." Ronan says jokingly before moving away from the bombs and the Spooks and towards Hannon and his crew, following or leading Vheld.


"Indeed, Gemini's plan. In theory he claims to want to save his remaining former compatriots and kill the thing that killed his 2 brothers. However we lack information on how Brother #2, who was the 2nd to come through and ostensibly died because he set off a smaller Soul-Bomb that was neither big enough to destroy the location or and failed to create a dimensional hole that held long enough to escape through ... we don't know how he did it, so we do not know enough to learn from his mistakes. I agree, a bigger set of bombs does not help us if we all stand too far back and cannot get to any dimensional hole it opens up. Ideally someone will know the story of the prior Gemini brother and be able to tell us something useful."
Ronan wrote:"Time to brief the rabble." Ronan says under his breathe to Vheld and any other Spook with him. When they get to Hannon and crew, Ronan amusingly watching him interact with people. Wow, he really is bad at this. Good to know he's bad at something. Ronan thinks with an approving nod to himself. After Vheld's spiel is done, Ronan'll go in for last minute questions of his own.

"Alright, my turn. I got a rumor I want to run by you; Gemini's brother? How'd he get out?" Ronan asks of Hannon quizzically. ...

He returns to the crew and offers one final tidbit. "Rumor is it'll get muddy for land travel. I'll be flying ahead and if we run into terrain trouble, I can make a bridge. It'll be slow but possible. Risk is it is silver." Ronan offers and warns.
Lahz will make it a point to listen to any questioning of Hanon since he seems the primary point of contact.

OOC:
Did any of them witness Gemini's [2nd] Brother's attempt?
How big was the prior bomb/device thing Gemini's [2nd] Brother brought?
Does anyone know/remember where Gemini's [2nd] Brother set off his prior bomb/device?
Did it create damage on this side/within this dimension when it went off? (When he set it off was there a big ass explosion and crater were there people killed here inside the pocket-dimension???) -- That should tell us if we all have to be far back or we can just place them and trigger and hustle through.

The Psi-Tech shakes his head at Ronan' silver-bridge proposal though. "If the local demons operate out of reflections, creating giant ass mirrors is a mistake I don't want to be stupid enough to make. Deuce's minion Birga is a Plasma being. Plasma, like ... fire ... like ... heat that hardens up mud. We'll drop him into the procession and that should prevent the need for massive shiny reflectors."
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
Posts: 417
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Sleeper

Post by Virtus »

10:00am
Dense Fog
Visibility: 100ft
56F degrees
No Wind
No radio traffic except the Spooks.
Wayne makes himself comfortable in the jeep when he discovers the odd wings. What poor soul he may have claimed them from is unknown. Possible it was even an experiment from this Soul Forge they keep banging on about. Either way he scores a new toy.

Lahz goes to explore the stash. The building clearly looks like an old warehouse. Everything is damp and musty. There are cables stretching over the ground to a cluster of vehicles in various states of disrepair. Hanon's description seems to be accurate. Surprising there is little damage, it appears that the reactors are exhausted. There is enough power to run diagnostics on the SAMAS. It appears to have been depleted for a little over 10 years. A number of warnings appear, noting that the core is not providing enough power. Basically every system is non-op due to the lack of power. Beyond that and the slimy mold on everything, it's otherwise intact.

Vheld, Lahz and Ronan speak with the residents. Hanon replies to Lahz.

I wasn't there for when They disappeared. I knew they were trying to open the road out. I did see the explosive device. It was about the size of an eclip, but had a weird red glowing fuel. I didn't like the looks of it and they didn't describe what was in it. Other than they thought they could open the road. Many of us were on the shore by the bridge. They suddenly were attacked by the things in the water. They were being swarmed, but they did succeed in detonating the explosive. It was the creepiest explosion I've ever seen. It sent red cracks tearing through the air in every direction, all the way to the shore. It was like I could reach out and touch them, like reality was coming apart. I didn't touch them however, it seemed dangerous. I couldn't see what was going on at the end of the bridge, though those things seem to be atomized by the bomb. In what seemed like seconds, the effects of the bomb seemed to fade. That team tried to make it back to the mainland, but were attacked again but those same things. Slowly one by one they were dragged off the bridge into the water. We had nothing to help them. I hate to say it, but we took shelter, in case the dead in the water came for us too, which they've done before.

Ronan asks about how Gemini's brother got out. Hanon replies, "He didn't. He was drug off the bridge, into the water. He shares the same fate of all those who are pulled into the water."

Vheld advises a route along the ridgeline to stay somewhat obscured. He also sends Skarrah ahead to scout, while the mini convoy begins its eastward trudge. The first 20 minutes were easy, simply heading out of town. The parts of town furthest east look very unkempt, likely due to few living on this end. Shortly after that the road turns to dirt and mud. The resident vehicles so heavily overloaded get stuck regularly. ((If anyone wishes to help them to move faster, provide some auto piloting rolls))

As those flying provide overwatch on the ground vehicles, they can also see roughly a mile away are figures dressed in dingy white. Spread over a half mile there are roughly 10 of them. They seem to be gathering items, though it's too far to tell for sure. ((Who all is flying? Also, Vheld if you could, provide perhaps 10 attacks and 10 defensive rolls and perhaps a general M.O. for Skarrah should it run into hostility while astral projecting.))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 514
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: Sleeper

Post by Lahz »

Perception [51%]: 1d100: [11] = 11 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: : 1d20: [6] = 6
JiC D100: 1d100: [75] = 75

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 100%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1900ft if using magical or psionic powers, 900ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Cautious] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Marauder Power Armor (440/440 MB), Forcefield (160/160), Sixth Sense (Cannot be surprised by a sneak attack)

ISP: 157/231

Telemechanics [100%]: 1d100: [86] = 86
Lahz's flight is barely applicable as he maintains a height that ranges from 30'-40' ... just enough to have a bit of a visual distance as he ponder's Hanon's recollection of the 2nd Gemini-Brother's death ...
"I wasn't there for when They disappeared. I knew they were trying to open the road out. I did see the explosive device. It was about the size of an eclip, but had a weird red glowing fuel. I didn't like the looks of it and they didn't describe what was in it. Other than they thought they could open the road. Many of us were on the shore by the bridge. They suddenly were attacked by the things in the water. They were being swarmed, but they did succeed in detonating the explosive. It was the creepiest explosion I've ever seen. It sent red cracks tearing through the air in every direction, all the way to the shore. It was like I could reach out and touch them, like reality was coming apart. I didn't touch them however, it seemed dangerous. I couldn't see what was going on at the end of the bridge, though those things seem to be atomized by the bomb. In what seemed like seconds, the effects of the bomb seemed to fade. That team tried to make it back to the mainland, but were attacked again but those same things. Slowly one by one they were dragged off the bridge into the water. We had nothing to help them. I hate to say it, but we took shelter, in case the dead in the water came for us too, which they've done before."

*So, a small thing the size of an E-Clip didn't re-open the Mountain-side on the far side of the bridge near the Road. But each of these things seems to be over 200lbs, so we are probably looking at exponentially larger explosions. Also, now we're not really looking to detonate down by the road or water either, so maybe a hill-top type location away from the water might benefit things significantly. We came in along the tunnel bridge/road and there wasn't any observable damage to the bridge as we came in. That suggests it wouldn't be too unsafe for us to be nearby ... not that nearby is any kind of an estimate. Because-Gemini2's Team tried to make it back to the Island, it seems that People on this side were not injured, but the Warden Monster-Things were.* Instinctively, Lahz adjusts the trim output on a few of his maneuvering jets as he scans ...
As those flying provide overwatch on the ground vehicles, they can also see roughly a mile away are figures dressed in dingy white. Spread over a half mile there are roughly 10 of them. They seem to be gathering items, though it's too far to tell for sure.
Spotting the white-clad creatures, Lahz simply radios down to Hanon, "Not quite a dozen of these White-Looking things up ahead. You have dealt with them. What kills them? These things Silver-Only? Or can a pulse Laser do it? ... Do they have any ranged attack capabilities? How fast are they? ... Meaning, can I peg them with a few potshots and draw them away then ditch them if I can get to say 120 MPH?" Lahz has no interest in letting Hanon know that he can hit 200 MPH in the Marauder, nor that it has some TW modifications.

*Rook is faster, but if I can just draw the things off, leaving his greater overall flexibility here is likely the better call. Hell, Queen's Hovercycle [Speed 440 MPH] can be my backup if conventional stuff can work. She and I should easily be able to handle this while the others maintain approach with all the locals in tow.*
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Vheld
Posts: 553
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Sleeper

Post by Vheld »

JIC: 1d20: [3] = 3 , 1d100: [53] = 53
PER: 1d100: [67] = 67 vs. 79%

Vheld spends most of the rest of the team’s prep time, and ride out from town, in silence. He’ll keep an eye on the civilians coming with them, but won’t interfere (nor allow his demons to do so) unless absolutely necessary. Do we really think bringing them along is wise? I had thought they’d hang back and wait for word from us. Hmph. Well, we can always use them as decoys if need be. When they spot the white things in the distance, Vheld rides up to Lahz’s side. ”Perhaps a demonic attack? Might make for a more convincing diversion, assuming demonkind occasionally finds its way into this realm. Birga and Bakir should be able to fly fast enough to stay ahead of them, assuming they don’t slay them outright.” If Lahz agrees to the idea, Vheld will issue appropriate orders to his minions; otherwise Vheld will shrug and return to his place in the convoy.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatic senses: Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses)
33d remaining
,
PPE: 155/329 (Vheld), 850/1100 (Energy sphere), 83/83 (Sil), 307/400 (Skarrah), 426/480 (Bakir). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 377/500 (Skarrah). MDC: 800/800(Skarrah), 1200/1200 (Bakir), 187/187 (Birga).
,
2/3 on Vheld IA, 1/3 on Ring of Invisibility, 2/3 on Animate Dead, 2/3 on Skarrah IA, 2/3 on Bakir IA.
User avatar
Ronan
Posts: 183
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: Sleeper

Post by Ronan »

Perception: 1d100: [52] = 52 / 39%
JiC: 1d20: [4] = 4 / 1d100: [71] = 71

Conditions:
[4 on initiative. 2 to parry and dodge. 2 to strike. One additional attack per melee. No minuses apply when blinded or in darkness. 1,200ft]
|
Range: 90ft | Determine general flesh health of another being. Reveals if little or many HP/SDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically
|

Radar Skills
Actively being used in the unknown environment to track any unseen movements he can pick up while moving. While on point, he is actively pinging to make sure there aren't any chasms or the like that need to be avoided
Interpreting Shapes: 1d100: [64] = 64 /84%
Estimating Distance: 1d100: [69] = 69 /88%
Estimating Direction: 1d100: [67] = 67 /88%
Estimating Speed: 1d100: [83] = 83 /68%
Estimating Exact Location: 1d100: [33] = 33 /78%

Other Skills
Pilot, Jetpacks: 1d100: [37] = 37 /64% [Fly ahead of the crew]
Detect Ambush: 1d100: [91] = 91 /69% [Choke points, blinds, etc]
Navigation: 1d100: [54] = 54 /59% [Terrain mapping; watching for deep mudholes or other big problems]

Post
Hanon wrote:"He didn't. He was drug off the bridge, into the water. He shares the same fate of all those who are pulled into the water."
Ronan nods along with Hanon as he answers Lahz then him, with a woah look splashed across his face. "Copy that, not the place to work on my swim time, then." Ronan says with a curt nod, not acknowledging his dry joke and moving on while smiling to himself. With little else to do in this forsaken dimension, Ronan gears up what he has too, draws his KLS rail-gun and cracks his neck. Alright, time to move some mountains. Ronan thinks with a sly grin. He secures the KLS to the front of his harness so he can free run and it won't bounce about, but is ready for him to draw should he need too.

Ronan opts to take point, though he also opts to fly his jetpack vs running for the interim and leads the convoy at a low altitude (Figure Ronan is flying between 10-20ft off the ground, ready to drop to the ground if needed). Ronan will cycle his multi-optic goggles while flying. Ronan isn't too fond of the Refugees traveling so close to them, frowning each time they get stuck but will pause to help the refugees get unstuck as he needs too (52SN PS, can lift 26,000lbs deadweight) I could've sworn I said we'd come back for them when it was safe or that we wouldn't hold their hands. Now this is extra work we're not being paid for. Ronan scowls. His scowl turns into a smile when he sees the figures in white down the way.
Lahz wrote:... Meaning, can I peg them with a few potshots and draw them away then ditch them if I can get to say 120 MPH?"
Ronan will maintain his pace and cycle his optics on one of them, seeing if they give off any thermal, ir, uv or otherwise while also zooming in to get a decent look. Ronan will also move his right hand to the grip of his KLS, ready to use the powerful rail-gun as Lahz interrogates Hanon over the net. Ballsy. Not used to seeing that. Ronan thinks to himself with a nod.

One way or another, Ronan adheres to the idea and when either Lahz or Vheld launch their diversion, Ronan will be prepared to lead the rest of the convoy around/away from them.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Oren Exe (PW GA)
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 321/321 (516 w/ MES)
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: Streetwolf MDC Biker Jacker: [12 M.D.C.] | Streetwolf Combat Pants: [8 M.D.C.] | Naruni Heavy Force Field [110 M.D.C.]
Carried: Will Declare but most likely KLS
Carried [Secured in Dimensional Bag]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C | Skorblade Short Blade

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 45% [49%]
Toxins (15+): +3
Magic (varies): +3 [+5]
Lethal Poison (14+): +3 [+5]
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +3 [+5]
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (15+): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +2
¯\_(▀̿ ͜ʖ ͡▀̿ ̿)_/¯
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 514
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: Sleeper

Post by Lahz »

Lahz wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:28 pm Perception [51%]: 1d100: [11] = 11 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: : 1d20: [6] = 6
JiC D100: 1d100: [75] = 75

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 100%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1900ft if using magical or psionic powers, 900ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Cautious] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Marauder Power Armor (440/440 MB), Forcefield (160/160), Sixth Sense (Cannot be surprised by a sneak attack)

ISP: 157/231

Telemechanics [100%]: 1d100: [86] = 86

Vheld wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:44 amWhen they spot the white things in the distance, Vheld rides up to Lahz’s side. ”Perhaps a demonic attack? Might make for a more convincing diversion, assuming demonkind occasionally finds its way into this realm. Birga and Bakir should be able to fly fast enough to stay ahead of them, assuming they don’t slay them outright.” If Lahz agrees to the idea, Vheld will issue appropriate orders to his minions; otherwise Vheld will shrug and return to his place in the convoy.
Lahz's response depends on Hanon's. If they can be damaged by conventional weaponry and rely on melee fighting, Lahz responds, "My thought had been, use the Marauder because it has no payload problem at range. I can literally set the Turrets to autofire on these things from 1000ft away and just never let them much closer as Queen and I ... kite them around the far side of the Island." **Though I definitely will want to keep off the actual dang shoreline apparently. Fun fun. Well, I can toss out ... let's budget 4 Mini-Missiles for distraction, then just dance them off though the mud with distance attacks. Never let them close.** He will then signal Mierin to follow

(OOC: Mierin's Hovercycle has an Artificial Itelligence that has 8 APM, and can do 6d6 MD with an unlimited payload at 2,000ft (he knows because he installed the AI and it's combat programming), so between her and Lahz, that should be enough to keep attention without ever really having to engage, and then they can fly the hell out whenever summoned back because the others are ready to trigger boom-boom).

*** If they cannot be damaged by conventional weaponry and keep to melee (non-ranged) attacks, Lahz responds, "Sure, but are they going to be able to time getting back to us? I like them being with you because you can overrule the Minions' ... darker impulses. If these things keep true to form I will just lead em around on tour ... long as you guys keep to your course I will know what to avoid."

*** If they cannot be damaged by conventional weaponry and use ranged attacks, Lahz responds, "Sure. Demon-Up. Tell them to have fun, but lead the White-things away from town, our path, or the top of the hill."
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 636
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC
Contact:

Re: Sleeper

Post by Mierin »

Perception: 1d100: [55] = 55 (82%)
JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 , 1d100: [12] = 12

Detect Ambush 1d100: [73] = 73 (98%)
Detect Concealment 1d100: [56] = 56 (63%)

Conditions
Wearing NG Stalker Suit
Invincible Armour 187/200 mdc
Multi-Optic eyes
OOC Comments
Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet (In use)
Light Filters: Reduces glare
When he catches sight of Northblade now aloft, Lahz flies up next to him to try and deliver a line with deadpan sincerity, "Kind of an interesting Angel-look you have going there. So, you could have flown but you were having Rook carry you around before? ... My daughter does that. Power move."
Mierin is just able to stifle her laughter at this comment but is unable to hide the smirk. Funny.

Assuming they can be damaged by conventional weapons, Mierin nods at Lahz’s suggestion of using the Marauder and her new hovercycle to take it down. ”It’ll be a good chance to put the new cycle to the test.” Mierin will then follow Lahz to her bike and get ready to head out, constantly watching out for signs of attack. If it turns out that the weapons on the Marauder and her hovercycle do nothing, Mierin will stand back and let Vheld’s demons do their thing.
Mierin
"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies


Stats & Stuff
ISP: 27/35
HP: 57/57
SDC: 96/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

NE-BA-26 Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated)
Helmet--50/50, Arms--40/40, Legs--50/50, Main Body--900/900
Force Field: 160/160
User avatar
Wayne Northblade
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 9:07 am

Re: Sleeper

Post by Wayne Northblade »

Perception: 1d100: [60] = 60 /49%
JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2 / 1d100: [81] = 81

"This stuff the size of an eclip did that?! Well this is going to be fun." Stay away from the water, stay away from the sky, stay away from mirrors. Just another lovely Tuesday, innit?
Lahz wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:24 pm When he catches sight of Northblade now aloft, Lahz flies up next to him to try and deliver a line with deadpan sincerity, "Kind of an interesting Angel-look you have going there. So you could have flown but you were having Rook carry you around before? ... My daughter does that. Power move."
He chuckles a bit under his helmet and says "Don’t laugh, you’re next." Wayne lands and take his position behind the wheel of one of the resident vehicles (Pilot Automobile: 1d100: [66] = 66 1d100: [22] = 22 1d100: [77] = 77 /66%). "I’ll keep these bad boys moving until I hear otherwise." When Lahz gives the heads up about the figures in white, Northblade says "Make us a path and I’ll push us through."
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
Posts: 417
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Sleeper

Post by Virtus »

islandmap.jpg
11:00am
Moderate Fog
Visibility: 100ft
58F degrees
No Wind
No radio traffic, but a low whine now squeals over the radios.
Lahz inquires about the wardens. Hanon replies "They top out around 45 miles per hour or so. They've never had any ranged attacks, but they are extremely persistent. A laser rifle works on them, but they are very resilient. They've taken full e-clips and kept coming. But they do go down with enough effort. But once you've caught the attention of one, it will tend to draw more. Though if you're going to kite them away, it may work in your favor."

Lahz, Mierin and Ronan then proceed to draw the wardens off towards the north coast. The creatures are impressive, leaping up to 15 feet in the air, trying to reach the Spooks. Of course their attempts are useless. Their ability to take hits is impressive. Some even exhibit some fashion of intelligence, taking cover.The truly surprising part however, is the multiplication of their numbers, sometimes seeming to emerge from the ground itself. In short order they number over 30. However, even so their numbers are eventually whittled down. If anyone takes the time to inspect one closer:
OOC Comments
Taking a closer look, these beings look to be human, or were once human, though heavily altered with surgical procedures. They also seem to have what could be M.O.M. implants, but unlike any you've ever seen. Looking at the corpses, you can only hope they were not aware when these alterations were done.
Hanon comments "Whoa... that would have been bad. We've never had so many people this far east."

Once the wardens seem to have been eliminated in this area, they push on for the installation. Another couple hours, getting stuck several more times and a few dozen more wardens put down, they can see the installation ahead of them atop a large hill. As they approach they immediately see many odd structures, likely living structures.
OOC Comments
Image
Looking in further, there are many other buildings in disrepair. Most doesn't look too damaged, merely neglects. To the north of the town looks to be a hospital or similar. It catches the eye as it seems to be much better maintained than the other buildings. Directly ahead there appears to be a large concrete fortified dome that looks to have sustained some damage. ((Do you want to explore in the town more, investigate the hospital or the dome?))
User avatar
Vheld
Posts: 553
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Sleeper

Post by Vheld »

JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13 , 1d100: [18] = 18
PER: 1d100: [6] = 6 vs. 79%

Vheld shrugs at Lahz. ”Up to you. We’d sacrifice a certain fine control, but in theory a demon attack has a certain plausible deniability for lack of a better term. They’re less likely to know it’s us, maybe? Probably won’t matter in a few hours, regardless.” Birga growls impatiently as the Spooks’ technological arsenal opens up on the wardens, and while Vheld looks on impassively at first he takes note of the demon’s bloodthirst and (assuming Lahz, et al are engaging at around 1000 feet range) finally nods and says ”Fine, try some plasma blasts on them. Stay with the others and don’t let them get close.” Once the wardens are all down, Vheld rides forward on Sil and begins fishing through his backpack. When he gets close enough, Vheld will murmur ”A moment, if you please.” then produce a talisman from his backpack. Using one of its charges, he will animate 10 of the dead wardens (assuming that’s possible) and gather them a small distance from the others (especially the civilians) before riding back. As the discussion of a plan comes up, Vheld jerks his thumb back at the animated wardens ”I can send them through the town, with some demons to supervise, to see what shakes out. Maybe keep the civilians back until we know what we’re dealing with.” Assuming Lahz agrees with this plan, Vheld mentally directs his animated corpses to spread out and move through the town (mostly to draw out any lurking enemies). He then calls forth his minions. ”Skarrah, Bakir, and Two. Spread out, and supervise the corpses searching the town. Remain undetected. Report anything interesting to me at once. Birga, with me. One, stay where you are.” Vheld will then ride Sil out a little, to where he can watch the town and the hospital (and ideally the dome, should the others choose to investigate).
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatic senses: Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses)
33d remaining
,
PPE: 155/329 (Vheld), 850/1100 (Energy sphere), 83/83 (Sil), 307/400 (Skarrah), 426/480 (Bakir). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 377/500 (Skarrah). MDC: 800/800(Skarrah), 1200/1200 (Bakir), 187/187 (Birga).
,
2/3 on Vheld IA, 1/3 on Ring of Invisibility, 2/3 on Animate Dead, 2/3 on Skarrah IA, 2/3 on Bakir IA.
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 514
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: Sleeper

Post by Lahz »

Perception [51%]: 1d100: [80] = 80 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: : 1d20: [20] = 20
JiC D100: 1d100: [27] = 27

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 100%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1900ft if using magical or psionic powers, 900ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Cautious] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Marauder Power Armor (440/440 MB), Forcefield (160/160), Sixth Sense (Cannot be surprised by a sneak attack)

ISP: 157/231

Telemechanics [100%]: 1d100: [68] = 68
Lahz and Mierin tow the pack of Wardens around like a flock of birds with kite strings tethered to them, sniping and strafing with lasers to keep them at a distance. When examination reveals that the Wardens may be MOM modified, a random thought slides through his mind and he lops off 4 to drop into a bag, **Weird experimental bionics from an odd dimension? Possibly even Golden-age tech? Might be able to use these ... somehow.
Not interested in cybersnatching, but MOM implants impart psychic powers to their users, and these might even be Golden Age. Could they be integrated into my Marauder ??? ...**


After a couple hours of travel and begin approach to the the installation atop the hill. "Rook, you can scout the Hospital-looking building there? ... Northblade? You and Queen check the Dome? Ray, find a safe spot to place to park."
Vheld wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:45 amVheld will murmur ”A moment, if you please.” then produce a talisman from his backpack. Using one of its charges, he will animate 10 of the dead wardens (assuming that’s possible) and gather them a small distance from the others (especially the civilians) before riding back. As the discussion of a plan comes up, Vheld jerks his thumb back at the animated wardens ”I can send them through the town, with some demons to supervise, to see what shakes out. Maybe keep the civilians back until we know what we’re dealing with.” Assuming Lahz agrees with this plan, Vheld mentally directs his animated corpses to spread out and move through the town (mostly to draw out any lurking enemies). He then calls forth his minions. ”Skarrah, Bakir, and Two. Spread out, and supervise the corpses searching the town. Remain undetected. Report anything interesting to me at once. Birga, with me. One, stay where you are.” Vheld will then ride Sil out a little, to where he can watch the town and the hospital (and ideally the dome, should the others choose to investigate).
Lahz drops altitude down to 3-4 feet to listen to Deuce carefully, "Indeed. Give it a shot. Rook, Queen, Northblade, let Deuce's fake army walk through ahead of us and try to draw anything out ... I'll take myself up to 200ft and provide Cover Fire." He will then ascend and ready the Marauder's Beam Cannon to be able to provide cover either to Vheld's summoned army, or Queen, or even Rook should it be necessary.
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Ronan
Posts: 183
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: Sleeper

Post by Ronan »

Perception: 1d100: [76] = 76 / 39%
JiC: 1d20: [5] = 5 / 1d100: [50] = 50

Conditions:
[4 on initiative. 2 to parry and dodge. 2 to strike. One additional attack per melee. No minuses apply when blinded or in darkness. 1,200ft]
|
Range: 90ft | Determine general flesh health of another being. Reveals if little or many HP/SDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically
|

Radar Skills
Actively being used in the unknown environment to track any unseen movements he can pick up while moving. While on point, he is actively pinging to make sure there aren't any chasms or the like that need to be avoided
Interpreting Shapes: 1d100: [68] = 68 /84%
Estimating Distance: 1d100: [86] = 86 /88%
Estimating Direction: 1d100: [89] = 89 /88%
Estimating Speed: 1d100: [86] = 86 /68%
Estimating Exact Location: 1d100: [5] = 5 /78%

Other Skills
Detect Ambush: 1d100: [37] = 37 /69% [Looking for blind spots, dead spaces, etc]
Salvage: 1d100: [19] = 19 /64% [Looking for swag he can snag in the hospital]

Post
lACEhz wrote:"Rook, you can scout the Hospital-looking building there? ... Northblade? You and Queen check the Dome? Ray, find a safe spot to place to park."
Ronan offers a mock salute to his elven leader. "Last time I was at a hospital was when my uncle was getting ready for an operation, wheeled all the way into the operating room then had a sudden change of heart... Then everyone got really confused at a game of charades later.." Ronan says, as if telling a story he expects to fall flat until he lets the last line draw for a bit before he shrugs. "No? Ah, well. Here we go." Ronan says with a cheeky grin to no one and takes off. Ronan will stay back from Vheld's fake army of wardens/demons but stay on the ground to start, hugging one of the sides of the road. If the wardens are ambushed, Ronan will move around the ambushees and avoid it all together, instead going ahead to the Hospital and letting the rest of the team deal with any fallout from the Warden's search. "I'll call in a couple minutes. Have fun out here." Ronan says over the radio.

When Ronan arrives at the Hospital, he deposits his KLS into his KLS pocket and reaches for the other side to withdraw his Skorblade, the very blade that cut him when he first landed on this forsaken planet. I'm starting to like this sword to be honest. And if I can't use silver, this is a good backup. Ronan thinks to himself and will then enter the building, Skorblade drawn and tucked against his side, behind his back with the blade up and the handle in hand, ready to be swiftly swung.

Ronan will scout the building quickly, using Sense Health of Flesh, Radar and Sonic Speed to quickly move from level to level and room to room, giving each room a scan, run around then moving on. If Ronan finds a Warden, he will swiftly and brutally eviscerate it; speeding up to just below sonic boom combining his speed with the magical nature and cutting power of the Skorblade.

Ronan's goal with searching the hospital is determining a) is there anyone occupying the hospital and b) can the hospital be used as a staging point for the civilians the group has in tow. Ronan'll also keep an eye out on any small swag he might be able to snag.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Oren Exe (PW GA)
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 321/321 (516 w/ MES)
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: Streetwolf MDC Biker Jacker: [12 M.D.C.] | Streetwolf Combat Pants: [8 M.D.C.] | Naruni Heavy Force Field [110 M.D.C.]
Carried: Will Declare but most likely KLS
Carried [Secured in Dimensional Bag]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C | Skorblade Short Blade

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 45% [49%]
Toxins (15+): +3
Magic (varies): +3 [+5]
Lethal Poison (14+): +3 [+5]
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +3 [+5]
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (15+): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +2
¯\_(▀̿ ͜ʖ ͡▀̿ ̿)_/¯
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
Posts: 417
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Sleeper

Post by Virtus »

12:00am
Moderate Fog
Visibility: 100ft
58F degrees
No Wind
No radio traffic, but a low whine now squeals over the radios
Vheld summons forth a horde of demons and reanimates the corpses of the wardens. Within moments the demons are beset by wardens, almost springing out of the ground. Dozens appear. As Lahz noted, they are tough, but not invulnerable. However they do give the demons a very hard time.

IF the corpses are actually undead
OOC Comments
The undead wardens are also attacked by the other wardens. It does appear that the wardens have a particular advantage against supernatural beings.
IF the corpses are just magically manipulated objects
OOC Comments
The wardens seem to ignore the warden puppets as the dead flesh they are.
Mierin and Northblade ((assuming both go up to the dome))
OOC Comments
As you fly up to the dome, there is a glimpse of what must have been an interesting installation. This wasn't just a small outpost but a very large installation. Flying up the top, there clearly is a large crack as if something was kept below and then broke out. However much of the structure is still intact. Standing on the edge of what looks like massive doors that lead down, It goes many levels deep. It could easily accept large VTOL aircraft. In the depths, both of them think they may see some type of illumination.

Image
Ray, at Lahz's commands find a safe place to park amid the derelict buildings. The refugees park next to Ray.

Ronan approaches the hospital.
OOC Comments
Ronin opens the hospital doors. Unlike everything else, this place is immaculate. It's clearly being maintained and it is cutting edge, more advanced than the facility in Merctown. However there are features about this place that suggest it wasn't used as a public hospital. He peers into a room and spots what looks almost like morgue, but more likely a place to hold patients. There are lights indicating some fashion of status or state of operation.

Image

Using his speed and sense flesh he detects hundreds of bodies. As he moves at break neck speeds wardens appear out of corridors with profound speed. There are operating rooms, rooms with questionable looking vats with unknown things suspended in a blue liquid. His movement becomes impended. Ronan quickly cuts through the first couple, but soon finds that more than a dozen are now around him. They are slightly faster than the average human, but tough as nails. Cutting off an arm doesn't seem to give them pause. If he didn't know better he thinks they behave a lot more like robots than independently intelligent beings. He saw offices and libraries, but no other people. ((If you want to stay and duke it out, give me combat rolls. If you want to evade and just search, give me an up or down direction. There are sub levels as well.
User avatar
Ronan
Posts: 183
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: Sleeper

Post by Ronan »

Perception: 1d100: [49] = 49 / 39%
JiC: 1d20: [12] = 12 / 1d100: [80] = 80

Conditions:
[4 on initiative. 2 to parry and dodge. 2 to strike. One additional attack per melee. No minuses apply when blinded or in darkness. 1,200ft]
|
Range: 90ft | Determine general flesh health of another being. Reveals if little or many HP/SDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically
|

Radar Skills
Actively being used in the unknown environment to track any unseen movements he can pick up while moving. While on point, he is actively pinging to make sure there aren't any chasms or the like that need to be avoided
Interpreting Shapes: 1d100: [33] = 33 /84%
Estimating Distance: 1d100: [98] = 98 /88%
Estimating Direction: 1d100: [96] = 96 /88%
Estimating Speed: 1d100: [70] = 70 /68%
Estimating Exact Location: 1d100: [79] = 79 /78%

Other Skills
Detect Ambush: 1d100: [16] = 16 /69% [Looking for trick doors, traps, or other things meant to surprise him]
Salvage: 1d100: [25] = 25 /64% [Looking for swag he can snag in the hospital]

Post

At first, running the Skorblade through the head of a Warden head over here, dismembering another over there was easy work for the super commando as Ronan continues his jaunt through the Hospital. "Woah, this place is really nice. Almost space-age. Way more advanced than anything I've seen on this backwater world.. HEY!" Ronan muses to himself as he deftly dodges another Warden. Ronan spirals his blade down on the Warden and brings it to the ground, planting himself on the now dead Warden. "Stop. Attacking. Me." Ronan growls and before he has the chance to stand, he feels another impact him from behind, causing him to tumble and lose his Skorblade. Ronan glances up and and scans the area and smiles. "Well, you guys sure do multiply fast dontcha. Alright, let's play!" Ronan says with a grin and kicks off to sonic boom level speeds, impacting the first several Wardens and sending them flying back as another pair leap on him from behind and try to hold his arms down, prompting a growl from Ronan. "Okay, playing rough, huh?" Ronan mutters and abruptly stands up with his speed, nearly causing another boom as he knocks the Wardens off of him and speeds through the growing sea of them. Ronan taps his earpiece while running, pausing at different junctions of the Hospital to take a quick look before the White Wardens catch up. This is a new experience. Not sure I'm liking this place. Kinda wanna plant a bomb in here just to level it. Ronan muses while moving.

"Heads up. Hospital's so a no-go. It's like I found a hive of Wardens, and they know I'm not a friend. Got like, 20, playing tag with me. Pinging over a hundred in the building. Also, hospital is in perfect shape, like, almost space-age tech. Definitely someone's home base I'm wrecking." Ronan pips over the radio. Those outside may or may not hear muffled sonic booms from within the MDC building.

When Ronan finds the staircase that leads up or down, he'll pause and cross his arms. "If I were an evil doctor... I'd definitely want to be underground." Ronan muses to himself as he feels a heavy impact on the back of his head that makes him take a step forward. "What. In. The-!" Ronan growls and turns around to the sea of Wardens he had just left. "Oh. Tag!" Ronan says and takes the one the hit him and throws the Warden like Ronan were throwing a frisbee trying to knock down some cups. The first few that fall prompt a smile from the Soldier. "That'd have earned me drinks with my old squad." Ronan says to no one as the Wardens crawl over themselves to catch him. Ronan peels off and radios again. "Checking out the basement." Ronan calls out as he swiftly descends to the first sublevel.

While searching the sub level(s), Ronan will be looking for a) any organic being he can sense that isn't a Warden, b) a mainframe, computer he can try to rip the harddrive from, c) souvenirs.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Oren Exe (PW GA)
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 321/321 (516 w/ MES)
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: Streetwolf MDC Biker Jacker: [12 M.D.C.] | Streetwolf Combat Pants: [8 M.D.C.] | Naruni Heavy Force Field [110 M.D.C.]
Carried: Will Declare but most likely KLS
Carried [Secured in Dimensional Bag]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C | Skorblade Short Blade

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 45% [49%]
Toxins (15+): +3
Magic (varies): +3 [+5]
Lethal Poison (14+): +3 [+5]
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +3 [+5]
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (15+): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +2
¯\_(▀̿ ͜ʖ ͡▀̿ ̿)_/¯
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 514
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: Sleeper

Post by Lahz »

Perception [51%]: 1d100: [5] = 5 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: : 1d20: [10] = 10
JiC D100: 1d100: [98] = 98

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 100%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1900ft if using magical or psionic powers, 900ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Cautious] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Marauder Power Armor (440/440 MB), Forcefield (160/160), Sixth Sense (Cannot be surprised by a sneak attack)

ISP: 157/231

Telemechanics [100%]: 1d100: [76] = 76

Hovering about 200ft in the air, Lahz turns his turrets to auto-fire [4 APM, 8d6] on the Wardens that are attacking Vhelds minions and then proceeds to begin firing calculated shots with dual forearm lasers to [APM 11, 6d6] ... *Have alot of capacity in the Beam Cannon, but even that has limits. Better to keep to the arm lasers ... something unlimited*
Ronan wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:29 pm"Heads up. Hospital's so a no-go. It's like I found a hive of Wardens, and they know I'm not a friend. Got like, 20, playing tag with me. Pinging over a hundred in the building. Also, hospital is in perfect shape, like, almost space-age tech. Definitely someone's home base I'm wrecking." Ronan pips over the radio.


Pausing his fire, the Psi-Tech's eyes flicker over the Hospital for signs of activity (OOC: Are Wardens visible going Into the Hospital? Any activity on the roof? Are there Wardens visible in the windows?) and he chimes back, "Sounds interesting. Anything other than Wardens in there? How's the cafeteria?"

A quick scan of the Hospital is next so that a search can be done using Thermal and UV scans ... [Read Sensory Equipment 98%: 1d100: [16] = 16 , Advanced Electronic Warfare 51%: 1d100: [18] = 18 ]

Barring other developments he [reports what he sees on the Hospital] then resumes firing on the Wardens attacking Vheld's minions.
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Wayne Northblade
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 9:07 am

Re: Sleeper

Post by Wayne Northblade »

Perception: 1d100: [51] = 51 /49%
JIC: 1d20: [12] = 12 / 1d100: [32] = 32

"I'm not the only one who sees that, right Queen?" Wayne points from the earthward to the illumination deep within the crack of the dome. "I'm gonna radio it in and scout it out. You lookout or buddy system?" Whether Mierin accompanies him or not, Wayne flies into the dome to take a look at what has gone on inside.
Ronan wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:29 pm "Heads up. Hospital's so a no-go. It's like I found a hive of Wardens, and they know I'm not a friend. Got like, 20, playing tag with me. Pinging over a hundred in the building. Also, hospital is in perfect shape, like, almost space-age tech. Definitely someone's home base I'm wrecking."
"Blackjack to Spooks. Don't have too much fun, Rook. Oh, and see what kind of anesthetics they have. Makes for a fun night paired with a good bottle of Champagne. Heading into the cracked dome. No wardens yet. There's a light down there. Naturally, I need answers. I always was a most precocious child."

He activates the Forcefield on his armor before making his way down. Quietly searching for clues through his infrared scanner and motion sensors, Wayne has all eyes on his surroundings.

Prowl: 1d100: [3] = 3 /59% - to make a quiet descent.
Find Contraband: 1d100: [36] = 36 /51% - to search for interesting items.
User avatar
Vheld
Posts: 553
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Sleeper

Post by Vheld »

JIC: 1d20: [1] = 1 , 1d100: [10] = 10
PER: 1d100: [69] = 69 vs. 79%

((OOC: I think from the wording of the spell it is more appropriate to treat the corpses as animated objects.))

Vheld frowns as the wardens neglect to engage his puppets. He radios Lahz, ”Well, at least we know they’re out there, and apparently possess a modicum of intelligence or at least life sensing.” When Ronan’s report comes in, Vheld listens and then sends an addendum to Lahz. ”I’ll send Birga to back you up and move towards the hospital to support Rook.” Turning to Birga, Vheld points to the town and commands ”Assist Lahz in destroying the hostile wardens in this place. Keep your distance, be ready for my call, and follow Lahz’s orders until you do.” Even a none-too-pleased grunt at the end, upon being told to follow yet another mortal, can’t overshadow the demon’s love of battle. He will take to the air, hold a position by Lahz, and begin pelting the wardens with plasma blasts- homicidal glee writ large upon his face. Vheld will call his other minions back to him. ”Follow me, stay close, and do not engage the hostiles.” Then, to Sil. <<Let’s go, girl. Make for that hospital at top speed. Change us to phantoms if any of the wardens get too close.>> Sil complies, racing down through the town on the most direct route to the hospital (avoiding any wardens they’ve spotted if possible). If Sil is spotted, she will shift to phantom form. In the unlikely event that the wardens are able to harm them while in phantom form, Vheld will order Bakir to engage the attackers long enough for him and Sil to ride off.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatic senses: Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses)
33d remaining
,
PPE: 155/329 (Vheld), 850/1100 (Energy sphere), 83/83 (Sil), 307/400 (Skarrah), 426/480 (Bakir). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 377/500 (Skarrah). MDC: 800/800(Skarrah), 1200/1200 (Bakir), 187/187 (Birga).
,
2/3 on Vheld IA, 1/3 on Ring of Invisibility, 2/3 on Animate Dead, 2/3 on Skarrah IA, 2/3 on Bakir IA.
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 636
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC
Contact:

Re: Sleeper

Post by Mierin »

Perception: 1d100: [89] = 89 (82%)
JIC: 1d20: [6] = 6 , 1d100: [89] = 89

Detect Ambush 1d100: [26] = 26 (98%)
Detect Concealment 1d100: [99] = 99 (63%)
Prowl 1d100: [41] = 41 (83%)

Conditions
Wearing NG Stalker Suit
Invincible Armour 187/200 mdc
Multi-Optic eyes
OOC Comments
Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet (In use)
Light Filters: Reduces glare
"I'm not the only one who sees that, right Queen?" Wayne points from the earthward to the illumination deep within the crack of the dome. "I'm gonna radio it in and scout it out. You lookout or buddy system?" Whether Mierin accompanies him or not, Wayne flies into the dome to take a look at what has gone on inside.
Mierin nods at Wayne. ”You’re not the only one who sees that.” When Wayne explains he’s going to radio in their discovery, Mierin replies, ”Copy that.” Mierin follows Wayne into the dome, explaining, ”I’ve got your six.” Mierin radios to the rest of the team, ”Queen heading into the dome as well.” To Ronan, Mierin simply replies, ”Don’t be stupid, Rook.” Being as quiet as she can, Mierin keeps an eye out for any signs of trouble coming their way as they enter the dome and start exploring.
Mierin
"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies


Stats & Stuff
ISP: 27/35
HP: 57/57
SDC: 96/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

NE-BA-26 Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated)
Helmet--50/50, Arms--40/40, Legs--50/50, Main Body--900/900
Force Field: 160/160
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
Posts: 417
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Sleeper

Post by Virtus »

1:00pm
Moderate Fog
Visibility: 100ft
58F degrees
No Wind
No radio traffic, but a low whine now squeals over the radios
Mierin and Northblade descend through the compromised building. Looking closer they can see that the massive doors that once opened of their own accord to allow large aerial vehicles entrance was forced open from the inside. Something quite large made an escape, destroying the facility as it made its way up. Bits of broken duracrete and other advanced materials. The central shaft looks to have been roughly 100ft in diameter and whatever came through opened it up another 40ft. They spot many rooms along the floors; control rooms, living areas, medical rooms, office rooms. There are skeletal remains as well. One is In a twisted mass of old guardrails that surround the large central shaft near the side they are by.

IF the duo examines the remains:
OOC Comments
A closer examination reveals it to have been a white collar worker of some type, remnants of clothing still cling to the remains as does portions of dried skin and hair. Examining the skeletal structure, Wayne identifies it as a woman probably in her 30s at the time of death. A lanyard still looped around the spinal column is attached to a security card and displays a faded "NEMA" along with a barcode and number. A photo was there as well, though now only shows a vague outline of the person, the image having faded away.
If you continue down
OOC Comments
Arriving at the lights, there is a massive ring of closed chambers evenly spaced around the shaft, 33 in total. 8 of them have been crushed. Both Mierin and Wayne hear voices. They are unsure if they are in their heads or actually audible, perhaps both. The voice sounds like a childs. "You shouldn't be here. You MUST LEAVE!
More children's voices join the first "Leave! Get out! You aren't allowed!" ((what are you doing?))

Ronan continues his high speed run, going downstairs. The first few levels are the same as the upper levelsm cutting through wardens as he goes, but suddenly the appearance changes. At sub level 9 there is a large set of blast doors, standing 20ft tall and 20ft wide. turning to the left, a large hallway stretches to the west. Ronan senses a lot of different types of "flesh". Racing down there are rooms with corpses of various creatures and D-bees suspended in chambers in various levels of dissection. He races past another room with a number of wardens. In this room are a number of mirrors, from one two wardens seem to be dragging a hideous humanoid creature with a large mouth and long fingers. Ronan can see another such creature struggling in a containment chamber in the same room. ((assuming he doesn't stop and keeps going). Next he sees wall lined with hundreds of human arms which all move. Some pass objects to and from a room up ahead. to the side is a room which has dozens of what appears to be brains along with their spinal cords, much of their nervous system and even eyes, suspended in an oxygenated fluid. Ahead is a large operating room with a dozen tables. It is immaculately clean, lined with large monitors, numerous computer stations, medical implements of every known kind and some unknown. There is a human woman who looks to be in her 50s clad in lab attire, 4 wardens and inside of another oxygenated vat is a head, with dark eyes and dark hair that may be in its 70s. ((What are you doing?))

Lahz observes the hospital, noting the wardens there. He would guess there must be close to 500 wardens, counting the ones they've already encountered. Scanning inside is difficult due to the military construction of the building, but there are certainly signs of heat escaping from vents on the building. There are many wardens carrying vegetation into the hospital, possibly as a food source or energy source. There still is no sign of an external power station. Looking about the city, there aren't any real commerce areas, but all seems to be typical for a military installation. there are signs of eateries and perhaps a PX. Some of the old, decrepit vehicles have "NEMA" stenciled on their sides. Every so often, another warden appears which Lahz or one of Vheld's minions dispatch with ease. The wardens are capable, but possess no ranged weaponry. Still the encounters take their toll on eclips. ((what are you doing?))

Vheld's dark powers continue driving the animated corpses of wardens to fight their own. He races towards the hospital on Sil, shifting into phantom form as wardens leap towards them. Arriving at the hospital, he witnesses the wardens carrying in vegetation, but looking inside the doors, wardens swarm the hallways like ants after someone has kicked their hill. ((what are you doing?)).
User avatar
Vheld
Posts: 553
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Sleeper

Post by Vheld »

JIC: 1d20: [18] = 18 , 1d100: [78] = 78
PER: 1d100: [87] = 87 vs. 79%

Prowl (Sil)- 1d100: [28] = 28 vs. 92%
To remain undetected by the wardens.
Track magic by scent (Sil)- 1d100: [25] = 25 vs. 85%
To try and identify/locate any powerful sources of magic nearby.

Conditions:
33m00s, PF2EP193, can cast spells/perform actions/do combat while remaining invisible, visible to heat sensors.


As he approaches the hospital Vheld activates another of his enchanted items to turn Sil and himself invisible ((-1 charge)). He will then cautiously (and quietly, after a telepathic message to Sil to that effect) approach the hospital’s interior. Should the Wardens see through the invisibility and react hostilely, Vheld will immediately order Sil to retreat back towards the others. Assuming he does remain undetected however, Vheld will order Sil to take them further into the hospital. He’ll stay on the top level if possible, but the shifter finds himself wondering at their behavior. Obviously Ronan has agitated them- it’s what he does best. But plant matter? Why? Some sort of biomass reclamation? Vheld will have Sil surreptitiously follow the wardens carrying vegetation, mainly interested in trying to figure out just what the Hades they’re doing with it. Then, ever alert to the possibility of exotic magic somewhere in this strange pocket dimension, he sends a last message to Sil. <<Sil. See if you can smell any magic in this place, and identify where we might go to find it.>>] Sil will comply, quietly snuffling at the ground in the hopes of picking up the scent of power and tracing it to its source.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatic senses: Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses)
33d remaining
,
PPE: 155/329 (Vheld), 850/1100 (Energy sphere), 83/83 (Sil), 307/400 (Skarrah), 426/480 (Bakir). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 377/500 (Skarrah). MDC: 800/800(Skarrah), 1200/1200 (Bakir), 187/187 (Birga).
,
2/3 on Vheld IA, 1/3 on Ring of Invisibility, 2/3 on Animate Dead, 2/3 on Skarrah IA, 2/3 on Bakir IA.
User avatar
Wayne Northblade
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 9:07 am

Re: Sleeper

Post by Wayne Northblade »

Perception: 1d100: [17] = 17 /49%
JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9 / 1d100: [51] = 51

That's... that's big. Wayne looks over to Mierin's hovercycle and points to the skeletal remains. NEMA? Oh, that's going to turn some historians on. He slips the lanyard off and slips it into his utility belt. Pointing down, he continues to descend.

Reaching the lights, he touches down as quietly as possible. He points to the chambers, first the intact ones, then the crushed ones.
Virtus wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:48 am"You shouldn't be here. You MUST LEAVE! More children's voices join the first "Leave! Get out! You aren't allowed!"
Wayne looks to Mierin, his mask covering his bewildered expression. Shit, they're alive. He quickly unlatches his lone
12' AoE, Damage: 4d6: [3, 2, 3, 4] = 12 MD. Not including strike rolls because it's a stationary target. Let me know if I should edit those in.
from his belt and tosses it at the first grouping of occupied chambers. He switches to his
6' AoE, Damage: 3d4: [2, 2, 3] = 7 MD, 3d4: [1, 4, 1] = 6 MD
and does the same for the next two groups of chambers. He then brings out one of his
2d4: [3, 3] = 6 MD 2d4: [3, 2] = 5 MD 2d4: [2, 3] = 5 MD 2d4: [1, 2] = 3 MD 2d4: [1, 4] = 5 MD 2d4: [2, 2] = 4 MD 2d4: [3, 2] = 5 MD 2d4: [3, 1] = 4 MD 2d4: [4, 1] = 5 MD 2d4: [3, 2] = 5 MD 2d4: [1, 2] = 3 MD 2d4: [3, 2] = 5 MD 2d4: [3, 4] = 7 MD 2d4: [2, 3] = 5 MD
, payload: 2 loaded Bangsticks and 12 shells
and uses it to blow out the electronics of the next 14 chambers, reloading while walking between them. If he runs out of Bangstick shells, he will summon his
2d6: [5, 1] = 6 MD 2d6: [3, 4] = 7 MD 2d6: [2, 2] = 4 MD 2d6: [3, 1] = 4 MD 2d6: [1, 6] = 7 MD 2d6: [5, 2] = 7 MD 2d6: [5, 1] = 6 MD 2d6: [3, 6] = 9 MD 2d6: [6, 1] = 7 MD 2d6: [1, 1] = 2 MD
to finish the job.

When he's done, he turns to Mierin and says "That will have woken up something. We should use this security card to gain deeper access, grab or kill what we can and go. When those Wardens show up, we're out." He looks around the room to see if there's anything of importance to take with him, computers to access or any doors with security access panels.
Post Reply

Return to “Spook Squad Adventure Forum”