Sleeper

Out of the Frying Pan: The Spook Squad get in trouble yet again.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 518
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: Sleeper

Post by Lahz »

Lahz wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:24 pm Perception [51%]: 1d100: [24] = 24 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: : 1d20: [16] = 16
JiC D100: 1d100: [97] = 97

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 100%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1900ft if using magical or psionic powers, 900ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Cautious] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Marauder Power Armor (440/440 MB), Forcefield (160/160), Sixth Sense (Cannot be surprised by a sneak attack)

ISP: 157/231

Telemechanics [100%]: 1d100: [46] = 46

Ronan wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:40 pmAfter Ronan is done briefing the Spooks about the bombs, he pauses and holds up a finger. "Question, who's idea was this anyways? Cause, bombs have the built in cause of collateral damage." Ronan says matter-of-fact, as though to say; 'Some of us are less survivable than the others.' If/When he is told it came from Gemini, he'll scoff and laugh. "Right, from the guy who wants us dead. Well, some of us should make it." Ronan says jokingly before moving away from the bombs and the Spooks and towards Hannon and his crew, following or leading Vheld.


"Indeed, Gemini's plan. In theory he claims to want to save his remaining former compatriots and kill the thing that killed his 2 brothers. However we lack information on how Brother #2, who was the 2nd to come through and ostensibly died because he set off a smaller Soul-Bomb that was neither big enough to destroy the location or and failed to create a dimensional hole that held long enough to escape through ... we don't know how he did it, so we do not know enough to learn from his mistakes. I agree, a bigger set of bombs does not help us if we all stand too far back and cannot get to any dimensional hole it opens up. Ideally someone will know the story of the prior Gemini brother and be able to tell us something useful."
Ronan wrote:"Time to brief the rabble." Ronan says under his breathe to Vheld and any other Spook with him. When they get to Hannon and crew, Ronan amusingly watching him interact with people. Wow, he really is bad at this. Good to know he's bad at something. Ronan thinks with an approving nod to himself. After Vheld's spiel is done, Ronan'll go in for last minute questions of his own.

"Alright, my turn. I got a rumor I want to run by you; Gemini's brother? How'd he get out?" Ronan asks of Hannon quizzically. ...

He returns to the crew and offers one final tidbit. "Rumor is it'll get muddy for land travel. I'll be flying ahead and if we run into terrain trouble, I can make a bridge. It'll be slow but possible. Risk is it is silver." Ronan offers and warns.
Lahz will make it a point to listen to any questioning of Hanon since he seems the primary point of contact.

OOC:
Did any of them witness Gemini's [2nd] Brother's attempt?
How big was the prior bomb/device thing Gemini's [2nd] Brother brought?
Does anyone know/remember where Gemini's [2nd] Brother set off his prior bomb/device?
Did it create damage on this side/within this dimension when it went off? (When he set it off was there a big ass explosion and crater were there people killed here inside the pocket-dimension???) -- That should tell us if we all have to be far back or we can just place them and trigger and hustle through.

The Psi-Tech shakes his head at Ronan' silver-bridge proposal though. "If the local demons operate out of reflections, creating giant ass mirrors is a mistake I don't want to be stupid enough to make. Deuce's minion Birga is a Plasma being. Plasma, like ... fire ... like ... heat that hardens up mud. We'll drop him into the procession and that should prevent the need for massive shiny reflectors."
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
Posts: 429
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Sleeper

Post by Virtus »

10:00am
Dense Fog
Visibility: 100ft
56F degrees
No Wind
No radio traffic except the Spooks.
Wayne makes himself comfortable in the jeep when he discovers the odd wings. What poor soul he may have claimed them from is unknown. Possible it was even an experiment from this Soul Forge they keep banging on about. Either way he scores a new toy.

Lahz goes to explore the stash. The building clearly looks like an old warehouse. Everything is damp and musty. There are cables stretching over the ground to a cluster of vehicles in various states of disrepair. Hanon's description seems to be accurate. Surprising there is little damage, it appears that the reactors are exhausted. There is enough power to run diagnostics on the SAMAS. It appears to have been depleted for a little over 10 years. A number of warnings appear, noting that the core is not providing enough power. Basically every system is non-op due to the lack of power. Beyond that and the slimy mold on everything, it's otherwise intact.

Vheld, Lahz and Ronan speak with the residents. Hanon replies to Lahz.

I wasn't there for when They disappeared. I knew they were trying to open the road out. I did see the explosive device. It was about the size of an eclip, but had a weird red glowing fuel. I didn't like the looks of it and they didn't describe what was in it. Other than they thought they could open the road. Many of us were on the shore by the bridge. They suddenly were attacked by the things in the water. They were being swarmed, but they did succeed in detonating the explosive. It was the creepiest explosion I've ever seen. It sent red cracks tearing through the air in every direction, all the way to the shore. It was like I could reach out and touch them, like reality was coming apart. I didn't touch them however, it seemed dangerous. I couldn't see what was going on at the end of the bridge, though those things seem to be atomized by the bomb. In what seemed like seconds, the effects of the bomb seemed to fade. That team tried to make it back to the mainland, but were attacked again but those same things. Slowly one by one they were dragged off the bridge into the water. We had nothing to help them. I hate to say it, but we took shelter, in case the dead in the water came for us too, which they've done before.

Ronan asks about how Gemini's brother got out. Hanon replies, "He didn't. He was drug off the bridge, into the water. He shares the same fate of all those who are pulled into the water."

Vheld advises a route along the ridgeline to stay somewhat obscured. He also sends Skarrah ahead to scout, while the mini convoy begins its eastward trudge. The first 20 minutes were easy, simply heading out of town. The parts of town furthest east look very unkempt, likely due to few living on this end. Shortly after that the road turns to dirt and mud. The resident vehicles so heavily overloaded get stuck regularly. ((If anyone wishes to help them to move faster, provide some auto piloting rolls))

As those flying provide overwatch on the ground vehicles, they can also see roughly a mile away are figures dressed in dingy white. Spread over a half mile there are roughly 10 of them. They seem to be gathering items, though it's too far to tell for sure. ((Who all is flying? Also, Vheld if you could, provide perhaps 10 attacks and 10 defensive rolls and perhaps a general M.O. for Skarrah should it run into hostility while astral projecting.))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 518
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: Sleeper

Post by Lahz »

Perception [51%]: 1d100: [11] = 11 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: : 1d20: [6] = 6
JiC D100: 1d100: [75] = 75

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 100%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1900ft if using magical or psionic powers, 900ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Cautious] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Marauder Power Armor (440/440 MB), Forcefield (160/160), Sixth Sense (Cannot be surprised by a sneak attack)

ISP: 157/231

Telemechanics [100%]: 1d100: [86] = 86
Lahz's flight is barely applicable as he maintains a height that ranges from 30'-40' ... just enough to have a bit of a visual distance as he ponder's Hanon's recollection of the 2nd Gemini-Brother's death ...
"I wasn't there for when They disappeared. I knew they were trying to open the road out. I did see the explosive device. It was about the size of an eclip, but had a weird red glowing fuel. I didn't like the looks of it and they didn't describe what was in it. Other than they thought they could open the road. Many of us were on the shore by the bridge. They suddenly were attacked by the things in the water. They were being swarmed, but they did succeed in detonating the explosive. It was the creepiest explosion I've ever seen. It sent red cracks tearing through the air in every direction, all the way to the shore. It was like I could reach out and touch them, like reality was coming apart. I didn't touch them however, it seemed dangerous. I couldn't see what was going on at the end of the bridge, though those things seem to be atomized by the bomb. In what seemed like seconds, the effects of the bomb seemed to fade. That team tried to make it back to the mainland, but were attacked again but those same things. Slowly one by one they were dragged off the bridge into the water. We had nothing to help them. I hate to say it, but we took shelter, in case the dead in the water came for us too, which they've done before."

*So, a small thing the size of an E-Clip didn't re-open the Mountain-side on the far side of the bridge near the Road. But each of these things seems to be over 200lbs, so we are probably looking at exponentially larger explosions. Also, now we're not really looking to detonate down by the road or water either, so maybe a hill-top type location away from the water might benefit things significantly. We came in along the tunnel bridge/road and there wasn't any observable damage to the bridge as we came in. That suggests it wouldn't be too unsafe for us to be nearby ... not that nearby is any kind of an estimate. Because-Gemini2's Team tried to make it back to the Island, it seems that People on this side were not injured, but the Warden Monster-Things were.* Instinctively, Lahz adjusts the trim output on a few of his maneuvering jets as he scans ...
As those flying provide overwatch on the ground vehicles, they can also see roughly a mile away are figures dressed in dingy white. Spread over a half mile there are roughly 10 of them. They seem to be gathering items, though it's too far to tell for sure.
Spotting the white-clad creatures, Lahz simply radios down to Hanon, "Not quite a dozen of these White-Looking things up ahead. You have dealt with them. What kills them? These things Silver-Only? Or can a pulse Laser do it? ... Do they have any ranged attack capabilities? How fast are they? ... Meaning, can I peg them with a few potshots and draw them away then ditch them if I can get to say 120 MPH?" Lahz has no interest in letting Hanon know that he can hit 200 MPH in the Marauder, nor that it has some TW modifications.

*Rook is faster, but if I can just draw the things off, leaving his greater overall flexibility here is likely the better call. Hell, Queen's Hovercycle [Speed 440 MPH] can be my backup if conventional stuff can work. She and I should easily be able to handle this while the others maintain approach with all the locals in tow.*
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Vheld
Posts: 557
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Sleeper

Post by Vheld »

JIC: 1d20: [3] = 3 , 1d100: [53] = 53
PER: 1d100: [67] = 67 vs. 79%

Vheld spends most of the rest of the team’s prep time, and ride out from town, in silence. He’ll keep an eye on the civilians coming with them, but won’t interfere (nor allow his demons to do so) unless absolutely necessary. Do we really think bringing them along is wise? I had thought they’d hang back and wait for word from us. Hmph. Well, we can always use them as decoys if need be. When they spot the white things in the distance, Vheld rides up to Lahz’s side. ”Perhaps a demonic attack? Might make for a more convincing diversion, assuming demonkind occasionally finds its way into this realm. Birga and Bakir should be able to fly fast enough to stay ahead of them, assuming they don’t slay them outright.” If Lahz agrees to the idea, Vheld will issue appropriate orders to his minions; otherwise Vheld will shrug and return to his place in the convoy.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatic senses: Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses)
33d remaining
,
PPE: 212/329 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 0/400 (Skarrah), 366/480 (Bakir), 112/162 (Birga). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 377/500 (Skarrah). MDC: 800/800(Skarrah), 1090/1200 (Bakir), 77/187 (Birga).
,
2/3 on Vheld IA, 1/3 on Ring of Invisibility, 2/3 on Animate Dead, 2/3 on Skarrah IA, 2/3 on Bakir IA.
User avatar
Ronan
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: Sleeper

Post by Ronan »

Perception: 1d100: [52] = 52 / 39%
JiC: 1d20: [4] = 4 / 1d100: [71] = 71

Conditions:
[4 on initiative. 2 to parry and dodge. 2 to strike. One additional attack per melee. No minuses apply when blinded or in darkness. 1,200ft]
|
Range: 90ft | Determine general flesh health of another being. Reveals if little or many HP/SDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically
|

Radar Skills
Actively being used in the unknown environment to track any unseen movements he can pick up while moving. While on point, he is actively pinging to make sure there aren't any chasms or the like that need to be avoided
Interpreting Shapes: 1d100: [64] = 64 /84%
Estimating Distance: 1d100: [69] = 69 /88%
Estimating Direction: 1d100: [67] = 67 /88%
Estimating Speed: 1d100: [83] = 83 /68%
Estimating Exact Location: 1d100: [33] = 33 /78%

Other Skills
Pilot, Jetpacks: 1d100: [37] = 37 /64% [Fly ahead of the crew]
Detect Ambush: 1d100: [91] = 91 /69% [Choke points, blinds, etc]
Navigation: 1d100: [54] = 54 /59% [Terrain mapping; watching for deep mudholes or other big problems]

Post
Hanon wrote:"He didn't. He was drug off the bridge, into the water. He shares the same fate of all those who are pulled into the water."
Ronan nods along with Hanon as he answers Lahz then him, with a woah look splashed across his face. "Copy that, not the place to work on my swim time, then." Ronan says with a curt nod, not acknowledging his dry joke and moving on while smiling to himself. With little else to do in this forsaken dimension, Ronan gears up what he has too, draws his KLS rail-gun and cracks his neck. Alright, time to move some mountains. Ronan thinks with a sly grin. He secures the KLS to the front of his harness so he can free run and it won't bounce about, but is ready for him to draw should he need too.

Ronan opts to take point, though he also opts to fly his jetpack vs running for the interim and leads the convoy at a low altitude (Figure Ronan is flying between 10-20ft off the ground, ready to drop to the ground if needed). Ronan will cycle his multi-optic goggles while flying. Ronan isn't too fond of the Refugees traveling so close to them, frowning each time they get stuck but will pause to help the refugees get unstuck as he needs too (52SN PS, can lift 26,000lbs deadweight) I could've sworn I said we'd come back for them when it was safe or that we wouldn't hold their hands. Now this is extra work we're not being paid for. Ronan scowls. His scowl turns into a smile when he sees the figures in white down the way.
Lahz wrote:... Meaning, can I peg them with a few potshots and draw them away then ditch them if I can get to say 120 MPH?"
Ronan will maintain his pace and cycle his optics on one of them, seeing if they give off any thermal, ir, uv or otherwise while also zooming in to get a decent look. Ronan will also move his right hand to the grip of his KLS, ready to use the powerful rail-gun as Lahz interrogates Hanon over the net. Ballsy. Not used to seeing that. Ronan thinks to himself with a nod.

One way or another, Ronan adheres to the idea and when either Lahz or Vheld launch their diversion, Ronan will be prepared to lead the rest of the convoy around/away from them.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Oren Exe (PW GA)
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 321/321 (516 w/ MES)
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: Streetwolf MDC Biker Jacker: [12 M.D.C.] | Streetwolf Combat Pants: [8 M.D.C.] | Naruni Heavy Force Field [110 M.D.C.]
Carried: Will Declare but most likely KLS
Carried [Secured in Dimensional Bag]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C | Skorblade Short Blade

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 45% [49%]
Toxins (15+): +3
Magic (varies): +3 [+5]
Lethal Poison (14+): +3 [+5]
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +3 [+5]
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (15+): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +2
¯\_(▀̿ ͜ʖ ͡▀̿ ̿)_/¯
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 518
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: Sleeper

Post by Lahz »

Lahz wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:28 pm Perception [51%]: 1d100: [11] = 11 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: : 1d20: [6] = 6
JiC D100: 1d100: [75] = 75

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 100%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1900ft if using magical or psionic powers, 900ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Cautious] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Marauder Power Armor (440/440 MB), Forcefield (160/160), Sixth Sense (Cannot be surprised by a sneak attack)

ISP: 157/231

Telemechanics [100%]: 1d100: [86] = 86

Vheld wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:44 amWhen they spot the white things in the distance, Vheld rides up to Lahz’s side. ”Perhaps a demonic attack? Might make for a more convincing diversion, assuming demonkind occasionally finds its way into this realm. Birga and Bakir should be able to fly fast enough to stay ahead of them, assuming they don’t slay them outright.” If Lahz agrees to the idea, Vheld will issue appropriate orders to his minions; otherwise Vheld will shrug and return to his place in the convoy.
Lahz's response depends on Hanon's. If they can be damaged by conventional weaponry and rely on melee fighting, Lahz responds, "My thought had been, use the Marauder because it has no payload problem at range. I can literally set the Turrets to autofire on these things from 1000ft away and just never let them much closer as Queen and I ... kite them around the far side of the Island." **Though I definitely will want to keep off the actual dang shoreline apparently. Fun fun. Well, I can toss out ... let's budget 4 Mini-Missiles for distraction, then just dance them off though the mud with distance attacks. Never let them close.** He will then signal Mierin to follow

(OOC: Mierin's Hovercycle has an Artificial Itelligence that has 8 APM, and can do 6d6 MD with an unlimited payload at 2,000ft (he knows because he installed the AI and it's combat programming), so between her and Lahz, that should be enough to keep attention without ever really having to engage, and then they can fly the hell out whenever summoned back because the others are ready to trigger boom-boom).

*** If they cannot be damaged by conventional weaponry and keep to melee (non-ranged) attacks, Lahz responds, "Sure, but are they going to be able to time getting back to us? I like them being with you because you can overrule the Minions' ... darker impulses. If these things keep true to form I will just lead em around on tour ... long as you guys keep to your course I will know what to avoid."

*** If they cannot be damaged by conventional weaponry and use ranged attacks, Lahz responds, "Sure. Demon-Up. Tell them to have fun, but lead the White-things away from town, our path, or the top of the hill."
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 639
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC
Contact:

Re: Sleeper

Post by Mierin »

Perception: 1d100: [55] = 55 (82%)
JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 , 1d100: [12] = 12

Detect Ambush 1d100: [73] = 73 (98%)
Detect Concealment 1d100: [56] = 56 (63%)

Conditions
Wearing NG Stalker Suit
Invincible Armour 187/200 mdc
Multi-Optic eyes
OOC Comments
Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet (In use)
Light Filters: Reduces glare
When he catches sight of Northblade now aloft, Lahz flies up next to him to try and deliver a line with deadpan sincerity, "Kind of an interesting Angel-look you have going there. So, you could have flown but you were having Rook carry you around before? ... My daughter does that. Power move."
Mierin is just able to stifle her laughter at this comment but is unable to hide the smirk. Funny.

Assuming they can be damaged by conventional weapons, Mierin nods at Lahz’s suggestion of using the Marauder and her new hovercycle to take it down. ”It’ll be a good chance to put the new cycle to the test.” Mierin will then follow Lahz to her bike and get ready to head out, constantly watching out for signs of attack. If it turns out that the weapons on the Marauder and her hovercycle do nothing, Mierin will stand back and let Vheld’s demons do their thing.
Mierin
"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies


Stats & Stuff
ISP: 27/35
HP: 57/57
SDC: 96/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

NE-BA-26 Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated)
Helmet--50/50, Arms--40/40, Legs--50/50, Main Body--900/900
Force Field: 160/160
User avatar
Wayne Northblade
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 9:07 am

Re: Sleeper

Post by Wayne Northblade »

Perception: 1d100: [60] = 60 /49%
JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2 / 1d100: [81] = 81

"This stuff the size of an eclip did that?! Well this is going to be fun." Stay away from the water, stay away from the sky, stay away from mirrors. Just another lovely Tuesday, innit?
Lahz wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:24 pm When he catches sight of Northblade now aloft, Lahz flies up next to him to try and deliver a line with deadpan sincerity, "Kind of an interesting Angel-look you have going there. So you could have flown but you were having Rook carry you around before? ... My daughter does that. Power move."
He chuckles a bit under his helmet and says "Don’t laugh, you’re next." Wayne lands and take his position behind the wheel of one of the resident vehicles (Pilot Automobile: 1d100: [66] = 66 1d100: [22] = 22 1d100: [77] = 77 /66%). "I’ll keep these bad boys moving until I hear otherwise." When Lahz gives the heads up about the figures in white, Northblade says "Make us a path and I’ll push us through."
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
Posts: 429
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Sleeper

Post by Virtus »

islandmap.jpg
11:00am
Moderate Fog
Visibility: 100ft
58F degrees
No Wind
No radio traffic, but a low whine now squeals over the radios.
Lahz inquires about the wardens. Hanon replies "They top out around 45 miles per hour or so. They've never had any ranged attacks, but they are extremely persistent. A laser rifle works on them, but they are very resilient. They've taken full e-clips and kept coming. But they do go down with enough effort. But once you've caught the attention of one, it will tend to draw more. Though if you're going to kite them away, it may work in your favor."

Lahz, Mierin and Ronan then proceed to draw the wardens off towards the north coast. The creatures are impressive, leaping up to 15 feet in the air, trying to reach the Spooks. Of course their attempts are useless. Their ability to take hits is impressive. Some even exhibit some fashion of intelligence, taking cover.The truly surprising part however, is the multiplication of their numbers, sometimes seeming to emerge from the ground itself. In short order they number over 30. However, even so their numbers are eventually whittled down. If anyone takes the time to inspect one closer:
OOC Comments
Taking a closer look, these beings look to be human, or were once human, though heavily altered with surgical procedures. They also seem to have what could be M.O.M. implants, but unlike any you've ever seen. Looking at the corpses, you can only hope they were not aware when these alterations were done.
Hanon comments "Whoa... that would have been bad. We've never had so many people this far east."

Once the wardens seem to have been eliminated in this area, they push on for the installation. Another couple hours, getting stuck several more times and a few dozen more wardens put down, they can see the installation ahead of them atop a large hill. As they approach they immediately see many odd structures, likely living structures.
OOC Comments
Image
Looking in further, there are many other buildings in disrepair. Most doesn't look too damaged, merely neglects. To the north of the town looks to be a hospital or similar. It catches the eye as it seems to be much better maintained than the other buildings. Directly ahead there appears to be a large concrete fortified dome that looks to have sustained some damage. ((Do you want to explore in the town more, investigate the hospital or the dome?))
User avatar
Vheld
Posts: 557
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Sleeper

Post by Vheld »

JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13 , 1d100: [18] = 18
PER: 1d100: [6] = 6 vs. 79%

Vheld shrugs at Lahz. ”Up to you. We’d sacrifice a certain fine control, but in theory a demon attack has a certain plausible deniability for lack of a better term. They’re less likely to know it’s us, maybe? Probably won’t matter in a few hours, regardless.” Birga growls impatiently as the Spooks’ technological arsenal opens up on the wardens, and while Vheld looks on impassively at first he takes note of the demon’s bloodthirst and (assuming Lahz, et al are engaging at around 1000 feet range) finally nods and says ”Fine, try some plasma blasts on them. Stay with the others and don’t let them get close.” Once the wardens are all down, Vheld rides forward on Sil and begins fishing through his backpack. When he gets close enough, Vheld will murmur ”A moment, if you please.” then produce a talisman from his backpack. Using one of its charges, he will animate 10 of the dead wardens (assuming that’s possible) and gather them a small distance from the others (especially the civilians) before riding back. As the discussion of a plan comes up, Vheld jerks his thumb back at the animated wardens ”I can send them through the town, with some demons to supervise, to see what shakes out. Maybe keep the civilians back until we know what we’re dealing with.” Assuming Lahz agrees with this plan, Vheld mentally directs his animated corpses to spread out and move through the town (mostly to draw out any lurking enemies). He then calls forth his minions. ”Skarrah, Bakir, and Two. Spread out, and supervise the corpses searching the town. Remain undetected. Report anything interesting to me at once. Birga, with me. One, stay where you are.” Vheld will then ride Sil out a little, to where he can watch the town and the hospital (and ideally the dome, should the others choose to investigate).
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatic senses: Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses)
33d remaining
,
PPE: 212/329 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 0/400 (Skarrah), 366/480 (Bakir), 112/162 (Birga). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 377/500 (Skarrah). MDC: 800/800(Skarrah), 1090/1200 (Bakir), 77/187 (Birga).
,
2/3 on Vheld IA, 1/3 on Ring of Invisibility, 2/3 on Animate Dead, 2/3 on Skarrah IA, 2/3 on Bakir IA.
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 518
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: Sleeper

Post by Lahz »

Perception [51%]: 1d100: [80] = 80 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: : 1d20: [20] = 20
JiC D100: 1d100: [27] = 27

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 100%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1900ft if using magical or psionic powers, 900ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Cautious] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Marauder Power Armor (440/440 MB), Forcefield (160/160), Sixth Sense (Cannot be surprised by a sneak attack)

ISP: 157/231

Telemechanics [100%]: 1d100: [68] = 68
Lahz and Mierin tow the pack of Wardens around like a flock of birds with kite strings tethered to them, sniping and strafing with lasers to keep them at a distance. When examination reveals that the Wardens may be MOM modified, a random thought slides through his mind and he lops off 4 to drop into a bag, **Weird experimental bionics from an odd dimension? Possibly even Golden-age tech? Might be able to use these ... somehow.
Not interested in cybersnatching, but MOM implants impart psychic powers to their users, and these might even be Golden Age. Could they be integrated into my Marauder ??? ...**


After a couple hours of travel and begin approach to the the installation atop the hill. "Rook, you can scout the Hospital-looking building there? ... Northblade? You and Queen check the Dome? Ray, find a safe spot to place to park."
Vheld wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:45 amVheld will murmur ”A moment, if you please.” then produce a talisman from his backpack. Using one of its charges, he will animate 10 of the dead wardens (assuming that’s possible) and gather them a small distance from the others (especially the civilians) before riding back. As the discussion of a plan comes up, Vheld jerks his thumb back at the animated wardens ”I can send them through the town, with some demons to supervise, to see what shakes out. Maybe keep the civilians back until we know what we’re dealing with.” Assuming Lahz agrees with this plan, Vheld mentally directs his animated corpses to spread out and move through the town (mostly to draw out any lurking enemies). He then calls forth his minions. ”Skarrah, Bakir, and Two. Spread out, and supervise the corpses searching the town. Remain undetected. Report anything interesting to me at once. Birga, with me. One, stay where you are.” Vheld will then ride Sil out a little, to where he can watch the town and the hospital (and ideally the dome, should the others choose to investigate).
Lahz drops altitude down to 3-4 feet to listen to Deuce carefully, "Indeed. Give it a shot. Rook, Queen, Northblade, let Deuce's fake army walk through ahead of us and try to draw anything out ... I'll take myself up to 200ft and provide Cover Fire." He will then ascend and ready the Marauder's Beam Cannon to be able to provide cover either to Vheld's summoned army, or Queen, or even Rook should it be necessary.
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Ronan
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: Sleeper

Post by Ronan »

Perception: 1d100: [76] = 76 / 39%
JiC: 1d20: [5] = 5 / 1d100: [50] = 50

Conditions:
[4 on initiative. 2 to parry and dodge. 2 to strike. One additional attack per melee. No minuses apply when blinded or in darkness. 1,200ft]
|
Range: 90ft | Determine general flesh health of another being. Reveals if little or many HP/SDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically
|

Radar Skills
Actively being used in the unknown environment to track any unseen movements he can pick up while moving. While on point, he is actively pinging to make sure there aren't any chasms or the like that need to be avoided
Interpreting Shapes: 1d100: [68] = 68 /84%
Estimating Distance: 1d100: [86] = 86 /88%
Estimating Direction: 1d100: [89] = 89 /88%
Estimating Speed: 1d100: [86] = 86 /68%
Estimating Exact Location: 1d100: [5] = 5 /78%

Other Skills
Detect Ambush: 1d100: [37] = 37 /69% [Looking for blind spots, dead spaces, etc]
Salvage: 1d100: [19] = 19 /64% [Looking for swag he can snag in the hospital]

Post
lACEhz wrote:"Rook, you can scout the Hospital-looking building there? ... Northblade? You and Queen check the Dome? Ray, find a safe spot to place to park."
Ronan offers a mock salute to his elven leader. "Last time I was at a hospital was when my uncle was getting ready for an operation, wheeled all the way into the operating room then had a sudden change of heart... Then everyone got really confused at a game of charades later.." Ronan says, as if telling a story he expects to fall flat until he lets the last line draw for a bit before he shrugs. "No? Ah, well. Here we go." Ronan says with a cheeky grin to no one and takes off. Ronan will stay back from Vheld's fake army of wardens/demons but stay on the ground to start, hugging one of the sides of the road. If the wardens are ambushed, Ronan will move around the ambushees and avoid it all together, instead going ahead to the Hospital and letting the rest of the team deal with any fallout from the Warden's search. "I'll call in a couple minutes. Have fun out here." Ronan says over the radio.

When Ronan arrives at the Hospital, he deposits his KLS into his KLS pocket and reaches for the other side to withdraw his Skorblade, the very blade that cut him when he first landed on this forsaken planet. I'm starting to like this sword to be honest. And if I can't use silver, this is a good backup. Ronan thinks to himself and will then enter the building, Skorblade drawn and tucked against his side, behind his back with the blade up and the handle in hand, ready to be swiftly swung.

Ronan will scout the building quickly, using Sense Health of Flesh, Radar and Sonic Speed to quickly move from level to level and room to room, giving each room a scan, run around then moving on. If Ronan finds a Warden, he will swiftly and brutally eviscerate it; speeding up to just below sonic boom combining his speed with the magical nature and cutting power of the Skorblade.

Ronan's goal with searching the hospital is determining a) is there anyone occupying the hospital and b) can the hospital be used as a staging point for the civilians the group has in tow. Ronan'll also keep an eye out on any small swag he might be able to snag.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Oren Exe (PW GA)
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 321/321 (516 w/ MES)
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: Streetwolf MDC Biker Jacker: [12 M.D.C.] | Streetwolf Combat Pants: [8 M.D.C.] | Naruni Heavy Force Field [110 M.D.C.]
Carried: Will Declare but most likely KLS
Carried [Secured in Dimensional Bag]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C | Skorblade Short Blade

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 45% [49%]
Toxins (15+): +3
Magic (varies): +3 [+5]
Lethal Poison (14+): +3 [+5]
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +3 [+5]
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (15+): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +2
¯\_(▀̿ ͜ʖ ͡▀̿ ̿)_/¯
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
Posts: 429
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Sleeper

Post by Virtus »

12:00am
Moderate Fog
Visibility: 100ft
58F degrees
No Wind
No radio traffic, but a low whine now squeals over the radios
Vheld summons forth a horde of demons and reanimates the corpses of the wardens. Within moments the demons are beset by wardens, almost springing out of the ground. Dozens appear. As Lahz noted, they are tough, but not invulnerable. However they do give the demons a very hard time.

IF the corpses are actually undead
OOC Comments
The undead wardens are also attacked by the other wardens. It does appear that the wardens have a particular advantage against supernatural beings.
IF the corpses are just magically manipulated objects
OOC Comments
The wardens seem to ignore the warden puppets as the dead flesh they are.
Mierin and Northblade ((assuming both go up to the dome))
OOC Comments
As you fly up to the dome, there is a glimpse of what must have been an interesting installation. This wasn't just a small outpost but a very large installation. Flying up the top, there clearly is a large crack as if something was kept below and then broke out. However much of the structure is still intact. Standing on the edge of what looks like massive doors that lead down, It goes many levels deep. It could easily accept large VTOL aircraft. In the depths, both of them think they may see some type of illumination.

Image
Ray, at Lahz's commands find a safe place to park amid the derelict buildings. The refugees park next to Ray.

Ronan approaches the hospital.
OOC Comments
Ronin opens the hospital doors. Unlike everything else, this place is immaculate. It's clearly being maintained and it is cutting edge, more advanced than the facility in Merctown. However there are features about this place that suggest it wasn't used as a public hospital. He peers into a room and spots what looks almost like morgue, but more likely a place to hold patients. There are lights indicating some fashion of status or state of operation.

Image

Using his speed and sense flesh he detects hundreds of bodies. As he moves at break neck speeds wardens appear out of corridors with profound speed. There are operating rooms, rooms with questionable looking vats with unknown things suspended in a blue liquid. His movement becomes impended. Ronan quickly cuts through the first couple, but soon finds that more than a dozen are now around him. They are slightly faster than the average human, but tough as nails. Cutting off an arm doesn't seem to give them pause. If he didn't know better he thinks they behave a lot more like robots than independently intelligent beings. He saw offices and libraries, but no other people. ((If you want to stay and duke it out, give me combat rolls. If you want to evade and just search, give me an up or down direction. There are sub levels as well.
User avatar
Ronan
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: Sleeper

Post by Ronan »

Perception: 1d100: [49] = 49 / 39%
JiC: 1d20: [12] = 12 / 1d100: [80] = 80

Conditions:
[4 on initiative. 2 to parry and dodge. 2 to strike. One additional attack per melee. No minuses apply when blinded or in darkness. 1,200ft]
|
Range: 90ft | Determine general flesh health of another being. Reveals if little or many HP/SDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically
|

Radar Skills
Actively being used in the unknown environment to track any unseen movements he can pick up while moving. While on point, he is actively pinging to make sure there aren't any chasms or the like that need to be avoided
Interpreting Shapes: 1d100: [33] = 33 /84%
Estimating Distance: 1d100: [98] = 98 /88%
Estimating Direction: 1d100: [96] = 96 /88%
Estimating Speed: 1d100: [70] = 70 /68%
Estimating Exact Location: 1d100: [79] = 79 /78%

Other Skills
Detect Ambush: 1d100: [16] = 16 /69% [Looking for trick doors, traps, or other things meant to surprise him]
Salvage: 1d100: [25] = 25 /64% [Looking for swag he can snag in the hospital]

Post

At first, running the Skorblade through the head of a Warden head over here, dismembering another over there was easy work for the super commando as Ronan continues his jaunt through the Hospital. "Woah, this place is really nice. Almost space-age. Way more advanced than anything I've seen on this backwater world.. HEY!" Ronan muses to himself as he deftly dodges another Warden. Ronan spirals his blade down on the Warden and brings it to the ground, planting himself on the now dead Warden. "Stop. Attacking. Me." Ronan growls and before he has the chance to stand, he feels another impact him from behind, causing him to tumble and lose his Skorblade. Ronan glances up and and scans the area and smiles. "Well, you guys sure do multiply fast dontcha. Alright, let's play!" Ronan says with a grin and kicks off to sonic boom level speeds, impacting the first several Wardens and sending them flying back as another pair leap on him from behind and try to hold his arms down, prompting a growl from Ronan. "Okay, playing rough, huh?" Ronan mutters and abruptly stands up with his speed, nearly causing another boom as he knocks the Wardens off of him and speeds through the growing sea of them. Ronan taps his earpiece while running, pausing at different junctions of the Hospital to take a quick look before the White Wardens catch up. This is a new experience. Not sure I'm liking this place. Kinda wanna plant a bomb in here just to level it. Ronan muses while moving.

"Heads up. Hospital's so a no-go. It's like I found a hive of Wardens, and they know I'm not a friend. Got like, 20, playing tag with me. Pinging over a hundred in the building. Also, hospital is in perfect shape, like, almost space-age tech. Definitely someone's home base I'm wrecking." Ronan pips over the radio. Those outside may or may not hear muffled sonic booms from within the MDC building.

When Ronan finds the staircase that leads up or down, he'll pause and cross his arms. "If I were an evil doctor... I'd definitely want to be underground." Ronan muses to himself as he feels a heavy impact on the back of his head that makes him take a step forward. "What. In. The-!" Ronan growls and turns around to the sea of Wardens he had just left. "Oh. Tag!" Ronan says and takes the one the hit him and throws the Warden like Ronan were throwing a frisbee trying to knock down some cups. The first few that fall prompt a smile from the Soldier. "That'd have earned me drinks with my old squad." Ronan says to no one as the Wardens crawl over themselves to catch him. Ronan peels off and radios again. "Checking out the basement." Ronan calls out as he swiftly descends to the first sublevel.

While searching the sub level(s), Ronan will be looking for a) any organic being he can sense that isn't a Warden, b) a mainframe, computer he can try to rip the harddrive from, c) souvenirs.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Oren Exe (PW GA)
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 321/321 (516 w/ MES)
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: Streetwolf MDC Biker Jacker: [12 M.D.C.] | Streetwolf Combat Pants: [8 M.D.C.] | Naruni Heavy Force Field [110 M.D.C.]
Carried: Will Declare but most likely KLS
Carried [Secured in Dimensional Bag]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C | Skorblade Short Blade

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 45% [49%]
Toxins (15+): +3
Magic (varies): +3 [+5]
Lethal Poison (14+): +3 [+5]
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +3 [+5]
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (15+): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +2
¯\_(▀̿ ͜ʖ ͡▀̿ ̿)_/¯
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 518
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: Sleeper

Post by Lahz »

Perception [51%]: 1d100: [5] = 5 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: : 1d20: [10] = 10
JiC D100: 1d100: [98] = 98

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 100%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1900ft if using magical or psionic powers, 900ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Cautious] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Marauder Power Armor (440/440 MB), Forcefield (160/160), Sixth Sense (Cannot be surprised by a sneak attack)

ISP: 157/231

Telemechanics [100%]: 1d100: [76] = 76

Hovering about 200ft in the air, Lahz turns his turrets to auto-fire [4 APM, 8d6] on the Wardens that are attacking Vhelds minions and then proceeds to begin firing calculated shots with dual forearm lasers to [APM 11, 6d6] ... *Have alot of capacity in the Beam Cannon, but even that has limits. Better to keep to the arm lasers ... something unlimited*
Ronan wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:29 pm"Heads up. Hospital's so a no-go. It's like I found a hive of Wardens, and they know I'm not a friend. Got like, 20, playing tag with me. Pinging over a hundred in the building. Also, hospital is in perfect shape, like, almost space-age tech. Definitely someone's home base I'm wrecking." Ronan pips over the radio.


Pausing his fire, the Psi-Tech's eyes flicker over the Hospital for signs of activity (OOC: Are Wardens visible going Into the Hospital? Any activity on the roof? Are there Wardens visible in the windows?) and he chimes back, "Sounds interesting. Anything other than Wardens in there? How's the cafeteria?"

A quick scan of the Hospital is next so that a search can be done using Thermal and UV scans ... [Read Sensory Equipment 98%: 1d100: [16] = 16 , Advanced Electronic Warfare 51%: 1d100: [18] = 18 ]

Barring other developments he [reports what he sees on the Hospital] then resumes firing on the Wardens attacking Vheld's minions.
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Wayne Northblade
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 9:07 am

Re: Sleeper

Post by Wayne Northblade »

Perception: 1d100: [51] = 51 /49%
JIC: 1d20: [12] = 12 / 1d100: [32] = 32

"I'm not the only one who sees that, right Queen?" Wayne points from the earthward to the illumination deep within the crack of the dome. "I'm gonna radio it in and scout it out. You lookout or buddy system?" Whether Mierin accompanies him or not, Wayne flies into the dome to take a look at what has gone on inside.
Ronan wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:29 pm "Heads up. Hospital's so a no-go. It's like I found a hive of Wardens, and they know I'm not a friend. Got like, 20, playing tag with me. Pinging over a hundred in the building. Also, hospital is in perfect shape, like, almost space-age tech. Definitely someone's home base I'm wrecking."
"Blackjack to Spooks. Don't have too much fun, Rook. Oh, and see what kind of anesthetics they have. Makes for a fun night paired with a good bottle of Champagne. Heading into the cracked dome. No wardens yet. There's a light down there. Naturally, I need answers. I always was a most precocious child."

He activates the Forcefield on his armor before making his way down. Quietly searching for clues through his infrared scanner and motion sensors, Wayne has all eyes on his surroundings.

Prowl: 1d100: [3] = 3 /59% - to make a quiet descent.
Find Contraband: 1d100: [36] = 36 /51% - to search for interesting items.
User avatar
Vheld
Posts: 557
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Sleeper

Post by Vheld »

JIC: 1d20: [1] = 1 , 1d100: [10] = 10
PER: 1d100: [69] = 69 vs. 79%

((OOC: I think from the wording of the spell it is more appropriate to treat the corpses as animated objects.))

Vheld frowns as the wardens neglect to engage his puppets. He radios Lahz, ”Well, at least we know they’re out there, and apparently possess a modicum of intelligence or at least life sensing.” When Ronan’s report comes in, Vheld listens and then sends an addendum to Lahz. ”I’ll send Birga to back you up and move towards the hospital to support Rook.” Turning to Birga, Vheld points to the town and commands ”Assist Lahz in destroying the hostile wardens in this place. Keep your distance, be ready for my call, and follow Lahz’s orders until you do.” Even a none-too-pleased grunt at the end, upon being told to follow yet another mortal, can’t overshadow the demon’s love of battle. He will take to the air, hold a position by Lahz, and begin pelting the wardens with plasma blasts- homicidal glee writ large upon his face. Vheld will call his other minions back to him. ”Follow me, stay close, and do not engage the hostiles.” Then, to Sil. <<Let’s go, girl. Make for that hospital at top speed. Change us to phantoms if any of the wardens get too close.>> Sil complies, racing down through the town on the most direct route to the hospital (avoiding any wardens they’ve spotted if possible). If Sil is spotted, she will shift to phantom form. In the unlikely event that the wardens are able to harm them while in phantom form, Vheld will order Bakir to engage the attackers long enough for him and Sil to ride off.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatic senses: Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses)
33d remaining
,
PPE: 212/329 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 0/400 (Skarrah), 366/480 (Bakir), 112/162 (Birga). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 377/500 (Skarrah). MDC: 800/800(Skarrah), 1090/1200 (Bakir), 77/187 (Birga).
,
2/3 on Vheld IA, 1/3 on Ring of Invisibility, 2/3 on Animate Dead, 2/3 on Skarrah IA, 2/3 on Bakir IA.
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 639
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC
Contact:

Re: Sleeper

Post by Mierin »

Perception: 1d100: [89] = 89 (82%)
JIC: 1d20: [6] = 6 , 1d100: [89] = 89

Detect Ambush 1d100: [26] = 26 (98%)
Detect Concealment 1d100: [99] = 99 (63%)
Prowl 1d100: [41] = 41 (83%)

Conditions
Wearing NG Stalker Suit
Invincible Armour 187/200 mdc
Multi-Optic eyes
OOC Comments
Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet (In use)
Light Filters: Reduces glare
"I'm not the only one who sees that, right Queen?" Wayne points from the earthward to the illumination deep within the crack of the dome. "I'm gonna radio it in and scout it out. You lookout or buddy system?" Whether Mierin accompanies him or not, Wayne flies into the dome to take a look at what has gone on inside.
Mierin nods at Wayne. ”You’re not the only one who sees that.” When Wayne explains he’s going to radio in their discovery, Mierin replies, ”Copy that.” Mierin follows Wayne into the dome, explaining, ”I’ve got your six.” Mierin radios to the rest of the team, ”Queen heading into the dome as well.” To Ronan, Mierin simply replies, ”Don’t be stupid, Rook.” Being as quiet as she can, Mierin keeps an eye out for any signs of trouble coming their way as they enter the dome and start exploring.
Mierin
"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies


Stats & Stuff
ISP: 27/35
HP: 57/57
SDC: 96/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

NE-BA-26 Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated)
Helmet--50/50, Arms--40/40, Legs--50/50, Main Body--900/900
Force Field: 160/160
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
Posts: 429
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Sleeper

Post by Virtus »

1:00pm
Moderate Fog
Visibility: 100ft
58F degrees
No Wind
No radio traffic, but a low whine now squeals over the radios
Mierin and Northblade descend through the compromised building. Looking closer they can see that the massive doors that once opened of their own accord to allow large aerial vehicles entrance was forced open from the inside. Something quite large made an escape, destroying the facility as it made its way up. Bits of broken duracrete and other advanced materials. The central shaft looks to have been roughly 100ft in diameter and whatever came through opened it up another 40ft. They spot many rooms along the floors; control rooms, living areas, medical rooms, office rooms. There are skeletal remains as well. One is In a twisted mass of old guardrails that surround the large central shaft near the side they are by.

IF the duo examines the remains:
OOC Comments
A closer examination reveals it to have been a white collar worker of some type, remnants of clothing still cling to the remains as does portions of dried skin and hair. Examining the skeletal structure, Wayne identifies it as a woman probably in her 30s at the time of death. A lanyard still looped around the spinal column is attached to a security card and displays a faded "NEMA" along with a barcode and number. A photo was there as well, though now only shows a vague outline of the person, the image having faded away.
If you continue down
OOC Comments
Arriving at the lights, there is a massive ring of closed chambers evenly spaced around the shaft, 33 in total. 8 of them have been crushed. Both Mierin and Wayne hear voices. They are unsure if they are in their heads or actually audible, perhaps both. The voice sounds like a childs. "You shouldn't be here. You MUST LEAVE!
More children's voices join the first "Leave! Get out! You aren't allowed!" ((what are you doing?))

Ronan continues his high speed run, going downstairs. The first few levels are the same as the upper levelsm cutting through wardens as he goes, but suddenly the appearance changes. At sub level 9 there is a large set of blast doors, standing 20ft tall and 20ft wide. turning to the left, a large hallway stretches to the west. Ronan senses a lot of different types of "flesh". Racing down there are rooms with corpses of various creatures and D-bees suspended in chambers in various levels of dissection. He races past another room with a number of wardens. In this room are a number of mirrors, from one two wardens seem to be dragging a hideous humanoid creature with a large mouth and long fingers. Ronan can see another such creature struggling in a containment chamber in the same room. ((assuming he doesn't stop and keeps going). Next he sees wall lined with hundreds of human arms which all move. Some pass objects to and from a room up ahead. to the side is a room which has dozens of what appears to be brains along with their spinal cords, much of their nervous system and even eyes, suspended in an oxygenated fluid. Ahead is a large operating room with a dozen tables. It is immaculately clean, lined with large monitors, numerous computer stations, medical implements of every known kind and some unknown. There is a human woman who looks to be in her 50s clad in lab attire, 4 wardens and inside of another oxygenated vat is a head, with dark eyes and dark hair that may be in its 70s. ((What are you doing?))

Lahz observes the hospital, noting the wardens there. He would guess there must be close to 500 wardens, counting the ones they've already encountered. Scanning inside is difficult due to the military construction of the building, but there are certainly signs of heat escaping from vents on the building. There are many wardens carrying vegetation into the hospital, possibly as a food source or energy source. There still is no sign of an external power station. Looking about the city, there aren't any real commerce areas, but all seems to be typical for a military installation. there are signs of eateries and perhaps a PX. Some of the old, decrepit vehicles have "NEMA" stenciled on their sides. Every so often, another warden appears which Lahz or one of Vheld's minions dispatch with ease. The wardens are capable, but possess no ranged weaponry. Still the encounters take their toll on eclips. ((what are you doing?))

Vheld's dark powers continue driving the animated corpses of wardens to fight their own. He races towards the hospital on Sil, shifting into phantom form as wardens leap towards them. Arriving at the hospital, he witnesses the wardens carrying in vegetation, but looking inside the doors, wardens swarm the hallways like ants after someone has kicked their hill. ((what are you doing?)).
User avatar
Vheld
Posts: 557
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Sleeper

Post by Vheld »

JIC: 1d20: [18] = 18 , 1d100: [78] = 78
PER: 1d100: [87] = 87 vs. 79%

Prowl (Sil)- 1d100: [28] = 28 vs. 92%
To remain undetected by the wardens.
Track magic by scent (Sil)- 1d100: [25] = 25 vs. 85%
To try and identify/locate any powerful sources of magic nearby.

Conditions:
33m00s, PF2EP193, can cast spells/perform actions/do combat while remaining invisible, visible to heat sensors.


As he approaches the hospital Vheld activates another of his enchanted items to turn Sil and himself invisible ((-1 charge)). He will then cautiously (and quietly, after a telepathic message to Sil to that effect) approach the hospital’s interior. Should the Wardens see through the invisibility and react hostilely, Vheld will immediately order Sil to retreat back towards the others. Assuming he does remain undetected however, Vheld will order Sil to take them further into the hospital. He’ll stay on the top level if possible, but the shifter finds himself wondering at their behavior. Obviously Ronan has agitated them- it’s what he does best. But plant matter? Why? Some sort of biomass reclamation? Vheld will have Sil surreptitiously follow the wardens carrying vegetation, mainly interested in trying to figure out just what the Hades they’re doing with it. Then, ever alert to the possibility of exotic magic somewhere in this strange pocket dimension, he sends a last message to Sil. <<Sil. See if you can smell any magic in this place, and identify where we might go to find it.>>] Sil will comply, quietly snuffling at the ground in the hopes of picking up the scent of power and tracing it to its source.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatic senses: Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses)
33d remaining
,
PPE: 212/329 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 0/400 (Skarrah), 366/480 (Bakir), 112/162 (Birga). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 377/500 (Skarrah). MDC: 800/800(Skarrah), 1090/1200 (Bakir), 77/187 (Birga).
,
2/3 on Vheld IA, 1/3 on Ring of Invisibility, 2/3 on Animate Dead, 2/3 on Skarrah IA, 2/3 on Bakir IA.
User avatar
Wayne Northblade
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 9:07 am

Re: Sleeper

Post by Wayne Northblade »

Perception: 1d100: [17] = 17 /49%
JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9 / 1d100: [51] = 51

That's... that's big. Wayne looks over to Mierin's hovercycle and points to the skeletal remains. NEMA? Oh, that's going to turn some historians on. He slips the lanyard off and slips it into his utility belt. Pointing down, he continues to descend.

Reaching the lights, he touches down as quietly as possible. He points to the chambers, first the intact ones, then the crushed ones.
Virtus wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:48 am"You shouldn't be here. You MUST LEAVE! More children's voices join the first "Leave! Get out! You aren't allowed!"
Wayne looks to Mierin, his mask covering his bewildered expression. Shit, they're alive. He quickly unlatches his lone
12' AoE, Damage: 4d6: [3, 2, 3, 4] = 12 MD. Not including strike rolls because it's a stationary target. Let me know if I should edit those in.
from his belt and tosses it at the first grouping of occupied chambers. He switches to his
6' AoE, Damage: 3d4: [2, 2, 3] = 7 MD, 3d4: [1, 4, 1] = 6 MD
and does the same for the next two groups of chambers. He then brings out one of his
2d4: [3, 3] = 6 MD 2d4: [3, 2] = 5 MD 2d4: [2, 3] = 5 MD 2d4: [1, 2] = 3 MD 2d4: [1, 4] = 5 MD 2d4: [2, 2] = 4 MD 2d4: [3, 2] = 5 MD 2d4: [3, 1] = 4 MD 2d4: [4, 1] = 5 MD 2d4: [3, 2] = 5 MD 2d4: [1, 2] = 3 MD 2d4: [3, 2] = 5 MD 2d4: [3, 4] = 7 MD 2d4: [2, 3] = 5 MD
, payload: 2 loaded Bangsticks and 12 shells
and uses it to blow out the electronics of the next 14 chambers, reloading while walking between them. If he runs out of Bangstick shells, he will summon his
2d6: [5, 1] = 6 MD 2d6: [3, 4] = 7 MD 2d6: [2, 2] = 4 MD 2d6: [3, 1] = 4 MD 2d6: [1, 6] = 7 MD 2d6: [5, 2] = 7 MD 2d6: [5, 1] = 6 MD 2d6: [3, 6] = 9 MD 2d6: [6, 1] = 7 MD 2d6: [1, 1] = 2 MD
to finish the job.

When he's done, he turns to Mierin and says "That will have woken up something. We should use this security card to gain deeper access, grab or kill what we can and go. When those Wardens show up, we're out." He looks around the room to see if there's anything of importance to take with him, computers to access or any doors with security access panels.
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
Posts: 429
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Sleeper

Post by Virtus »

1:05pm
Moderate Fog
Visibility: 100ft
58F degrees
No Wind
No radio traffic, but a low whine now squeals over the radios
Vheld begins following the Wardens into the building while instructing Sil to track down magic. Sil can detect magic and begins following it, but it seems to lead away from the facility rather than into it. However, just as Vheld send Sil off and then follows the Wardens...

Wayne and Mierin stand amongst these numbered chambers. Hearing the children, he begins chucking grenades, to which they hear "NO!!!!!" the grenades detonate ripping open several of the pods. They are tough, but minor MDC. Out of the closest ones the hiss and fog of rapidly thawing gasses fills the area. The bodies of several human children are thrown from the pods onto the floors, many tubes and wires attached to them, though now severed. The next group of pods react in similar fashion, though some bodies seem to survive the impact, however Wayne is unsure if they are alive or dead from this distance.

However the facility shakes tremendously and the lights around go out. The primary child's voice cries out to Wayne and Mierin, "Run!!! We can't hold it back now. Run!!!"

Lahz outside, flying above in observation hears explosions from the facility and then everything goes black. All lights vanish from sight. The dim grey overcast vanishes and is replaced by pitch black. The world around everyone groans deafeningly and convulses. From the eastern edge of the island where the shore would have been (maybe a half mile away), there is the continuous thundering and shaking as if the earth itself was turning over. The armor's thermal imaging can see just that. Massive swaths of lands rolling over as if something immense was making it's way up from someplace deep. Even from this distance, Lahz feels dread, or perhaps simple fear, even looking in that direction. However, something new catches his eye, he suddenly can see a cavern roof a few hundred feet above his current position, with the marauder's thermal vision.

Vheld senses a rush of magic as well as an unknown dread in the pit of his stomach. Vheld suspects that there was a nexus here that was forced into dormancy in the pocket dimension. It's coming back to life, though not visible yet. But the dread... there is something coming that he didn't sense clearly before, but that he can now, something ancient beyond comprehension, something evil.

Ronan inside the hospital sees the lights go out for moment before emergency lighting comes up. The doctor looks around and laughs. She speaks into a computer terminal nearby. "Wardens, return to the hospital immediately. Execute protocol 12." Turning to the severed head, she picks it up and says "Finally we can escape. We're getting out of here now." The wardens in the room begin grabbing equipment. Vheld sees the hospital suddenly become a swarm of wardens, grabbing cases, equipment and similar, then begin exiting at a full run for the western side of the island where the Spooks first came into this place from the tunnel.

((If you want to attack something in particular, make a combat post. Everyone give me Horror Factor saves.))
User avatar
Ronan
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: Sleeper

Post by Ronan »

Perception: 1d100: [93] = 93 / 39%
JiC: 1d20: [1] = 1 / 1d100: [45] = 45
Save v HF: 1d20+2: [19]+2 = 21

Conditions:
[4 on initiative. 2 to parry and dodge. 2 to strike. One additional attack per melee. No minuses apply when blinded or in darkness. 1,200ft]
|
Range: 90ft | Determine general flesh health of another being. Reveals if little or many HP/SDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically
| Naruni FF [110/110]

Radar Skills
Actively being used in the unknown environment to track any unseen movements he can pick up while moving. While on point, he is actively pinging to make sure there aren't any chasms or the like that need to be avoided
Interpreting Shapes: 1d100: [2] = 2 /84%
Estimating Distance: 1d100: [82] = 82 /88%
Estimating Direction: 1d100: [85] = 85 /88%
Estimating Speed: 1d100: [46] = 46 /68%
Estimating Exact Location: 1d100: [65] = 65 /78%

Other Skills
Prowl: 1d100: [27] = 27 /69% [Be sneaky as needed]
Salvage: 1d100: [95] = 95 /6h% [Find anything he can grab to be looked at later.]

Post

As Ronan descends, his initial impressions of the first few sublevels is monotonous. At level four, he starts getting visibly irritated as he slams another Warden into the wall behind him and moves to the next level. "Seriously. How. Many. Of. You. Are. There?" Ronan says, each pause being a shoulder check or hook that moves a warden out of his way as he continues descending. This place needs to be blown straight off whatever map this place is on. Ronan grumbles in his head as he passes the 8th near identical subfloor. He is impressed by the large 20x20ft doors and banks left down the hallway instead of bashing through them. "I might be back for you." He mutters to himself regarding the big door. When he starts passing the rooms with actual monsters, dissected beings and beings suspended in vats, Ronan's cheerful disposition turns deathly cold. "What the..." He mutters, not taking too long in any room, especially the ones with struggling monsters. Last thing I need things like that. Ronan blinks and zips by.

When Ronan reaches the last room with the lady in the labcoat, the head in the jar and the four wardens, he audibly scoffs in the hallway and leans back against the wall. "Rook here, sub-level 9. Found a living bodiless head and a bad-looking doctor lady. Be back." Ronan says over his radio. Then the alarms blare.
Doctor Lady wrote:"Wardens, return to the hospital immediately. Execute protocol 12." Turning to the severed head, she picks it up and says "Finally we can escape. We're getting out of here now."
"So, let me guess, you're the brains, and you're just a pretty face?" Ronan quips, pointing first to the women in the lab coat then to the head as he crosses his arms in the doorway, shaking his head. "You are not walking out of here." Ronan says coldly. In that brief instance, Ronan feels for the connection to both her flesh and that of the head she is holding, and once he feels them both, influences what he can. "Don't go anywhere, now." Ronan says in a chilling voice as he takes control of the Labcoat Doctor's leg and moves it out, prompting her to trip with the head.. While they tumble, confused, Ronan charges the wardens.

Ronan taps his heel and in a second, goes from 0 to Sonic Boom (Around 600mph, Ronan is explicitly trying to break stuff while he does this) and slams into one of the wardens in a powerful shoulder check that can briefly be heard crushing the warden's internal frame. Ronan grabs the Warden before the momentum carries and throws it at the second warden to knock it down. Ronan peels back to the fourth Warden and levels a series of earth shattering punches at the Warden. When Warden 4 drops, Ronan moves onto Warden 3, delivering the same blows until it stays down. If Warden 2 survived the impact with Warden 1, Ronan moves to finish it off. Once the fodder is gone, Ronan moves to intercept the labcoat and her head. Can't have made it far.

Post
APM: 10
Initiative: 1d20+14: [17]+14 = 31
Auto-Dodge: 1d20+8: [1]+8 = 9 | 1d20+8: [7]+8 = 15 | 1d20+8: [6]+8 = 14 | 1d20+8: [17]+8 = 25 | 1d20+8: [2]+8 = 10 | 1d20+8: [8]+8 = 16 | 1d20+8: [1]+8 = 9 | 1d20+8: [13]+8 = 21 | 1d20+8: [5]+8 = 13 | 1d20+8: [2]+8 = 10
Auto-Parries: 1d20+14: [11]+14 = 25 | 1d20+14: [7]+14 = 21 | 1d20+14: [17]+14 = 31 | 1d20+14: [10]+14 = 24 | 1d20+14: [7]+14 = 21 | 1d20+14: [15]+14 = 29 | 1d20+14: [14]+14 = 28 | 1d20+14: [16]+14 = 30 | 1d20+14: [9]+14 = 23 | 1d20+14: [20]+14 = 34

A1:
The act of taking control of another’s flesh or body part for one’s advantage to distract an enemy or cause them to harm themselves or their ally. | Range: 120ft; LOS | Duration: 1 APM | Costs 1 APM | Save: ONLY IF able to determine they are under control, 16 or higher (PE applicable) | Penalties: Varying (GM), examples: Goose bumps / trip / trigger squeze : -2 Int, -1 S/P/D, prone, etc
| Make the Labcoat lady trip and fall by paralyzing her leg so her and the head both tumble.
A2-3: Sonic Booms Charge, 0-670 ish, Slam into Warden 1. Strike: 1d20+9: [8]+9 = 17 | DMG: 2d4*10: [3, 2]*10 = 50
A4: Throw Warden 1 at Warden 2. Strike: 1d20+9: [9]+9 = 18 | DMG: 1d6*10: [6]*10 = 60
A5: Move and wail on Warden 4 with paired fists. Strike: 1d20+9: [2]+9 = 11 | DMG: 1d6*10: [3]*10 = 30 | Strike: 1d20+9: [18]+9 = 27 | DMG: 1d6*10: [5]*10 = 50
A6: Move and wail on Warden 3 after Warden 4 falls. Strike: 1d20+9: [20]+9 = 29 | DMG: 1d6*10: [4]*10 = 40 | Strike: 1d20+9: [13]+9 = 22 | DMG: 1d6*10: [1]*10 = 10

A8-10 reserved for contingencies for what happens next.

If they are still on the ground, Ronan crushes the bodyless head on the ground with a powerful foot stomp without a word [1 APM, Strike: 1d20+9: [10]+9 = 19 | DMG: 1d6*10: [1]*10 = 10 || Ronan can stomp twice in the same action if the first stomp doesn't crush it] and quickly moves to the Labcoat and paralyzes the her vocal cords/mouth so she can't speak [1APM, 14+ save, Duration 7 minutes]. If it doesn't work, he'll try again. [Last official action] If it does work, he'll attempt to knock her unconscious, and grab any hard-drives or external easy to grab devices he can.

If they succeed in making it past Ronan at all, or outside of the room and were otherwise unaffected by his attempts to paralyze and/or slow them down. Ronan will smirk and immediately erect a silver wall in their path [Ronan can make a 5x5x2 ft wall appear in one action, 2 actions needed to fill a hallway or doorway], blocking them and hopefully attracting the attention of the reflection beasts to come and say hi to them. Let's see how they like the reflection monsters this time. When the silver wall is created, Ronan will duck behind a wall or door for a moment to avoid being the first target [Last action]. The intent being the Reflection Monsters grab them both, and then Ronan collapses the wall of Silver and evacuates.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Oren Exe (PW GA)
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 321/321 (516 w/ MES)
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: Streetwolf MDC Biker Jacker: [12 M.D.C.] | Streetwolf Combat Pants: [8 M.D.C.] | Naruni Heavy Force Field [110 M.D.C.]
Carried: Will Declare but most likely KLS
Carried [Secured in Dimensional Bag]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C | Skorblade Short Blade

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 45% [49%]
Toxins (15+): +3
Magic (varies): +3 [+5]
Lethal Poison (14+): +3 [+5]
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +3 [+5]
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (15+): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +2
¯\_(▀̿ ͜ʖ ͡▀̿ ̿)_/¯
User avatar
Wayne Northblade
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 9:07 am

Re: Sleeper

Post by Wayne Northblade »

Perception: 1d100: [18] = 18 /49%
JIC: 1d20: [14] = 14 / 1d100: [9] = 9

Save vs HF: 1d20+3: [2]+3 = 5

"Blackjack to Spooks. I...may have exacerbated the situation. En route with Queen. We need to find our exit quick. Shit just got real." Wayne finishes his radio call and turns to the remaining children. "What did I just unleash and how do we stop it? And where's the exit?"

While he waits for an answer, he does a visual sweep of the room for anything that looks useful or valuable. Other dimensional tech? There has to be something good here.
Last edited by Wayne Northblade on Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Vheld
Posts: 557
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Sleeper

Post by Vheld »

JIC: 1d20: [15] = 15 , 1d100: [41] = 41
PER: 1d100: [31] = 31 vs. 79%

Save vs. HF: 1d20+9: [13]+9 = 22

Prowl (Sil)- 1d100: [2] = 2 vs. 92%
To remain undetected by the wardens.

Conditions:
28m00s, PF2EP193, can cast spells/perform actions/do combat while remaining invisible, visible to heat sensors.


Vheld regards the earthquake and the massive sense of evil with growing alarm. Rapidly growing. As the Wardens begin to converge on the hospital Vheld telepathically orders Sil to back off- give the entrance a few dozen feet, but still close enough in case Ronan needs backup. Once he’s at a more comfortable distance, he’ll hop on the team radio channel. ”Wardens’re moving to evacuate their lab and its contents. I can attack them now, or I can start laying traps between here and the entrance. Have Ray get all the civilians out, then we use the nukes just before we do the same. Something very bad and very, very evil is waking up and I don’t think we want to give it a chance to follow us out.” A pity there isn’t more time for study. If only I could harness that power…
Last edited by Vheld on Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatic senses: Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses)
33d remaining
,
PPE: 212/329 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 0/400 (Skarrah), 366/480 (Bakir), 112/162 (Birga). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 377/500 (Skarrah). MDC: 800/800(Skarrah), 1090/1200 (Bakir), 77/187 (Birga).
,
2/3 on Vheld IA, 1/3 on Ring of Invisibility, 2/3 on Animate Dead, 2/3 on Skarrah IA, 2/3 on Bakir IA.
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 518
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: Sleeper

Post by Lahz »

Perception [51%]: 1d100: [61] = 61 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: : 1d20: [1] = 1
JiC D100: 1d100: [76] = 76
Save vs HF: 1d20: [16] = 16 +5 if Mechanical/Machine ... (unlikely)

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 100%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1900ft if using magical or psionic powers, 900ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Cautious] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Marauder Power Armor (440/440 MB), Forcefield (160/160), Sixth Sense (Cannot be surprised by a sneak attack)

ISP: 157/231

Telemechanics [100%]: 1d100: [43] = 43



Read Sensory Equipment 98%: 1d100: [64] = 64 - Estimate Timeframe for Eastern thing's arrival at present speed

From his semi-central-elevated position Lahz regards the rapidly developing clusterfuq unfolding from multiple fronts as he checks his instruments and radios in response to Vheld and the others, "Alright Spooks, Shit just got very real. There are 4 large issues ongoing. 1) The roof of the Cave can be seen. So somehow, we may actually be back in Lone Star. 2) Something about dragon-sized travelling underground At-Speed from the East fast enough to make waves of earth fly up in its wake. It will be here in << About 30 Seconds >>. 3) Apparently what will shortly be a bunch of Wardens coming out of the Hospital and heading West to head back to the Town and the Tunnel I guess? ... and 4) Whatever Blackjack just pissed off in the big Dome. Hope I am not missing anything ... Ray? Pop the Back-Doors and remove one of the Bombs. I think I may need one to intercept the thing from the East. Rook Or Queen? ... If one of you can do a full-speed check of if the damn tunnel is there, that may tell us if we can send the civilians and you back that-ways." ***

*** OOC: Please note that if Lahz freezes up on his HF, when he gets around to talking, he will adjust the time estimate and give accurate figure.

Hovering about 200ft in the air, Lahz turns his turrets off auto-fire, and begins to move towards wherever Ray has parked to retrieve one of the Bombs.
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 639
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC
Contact:

Re: Sleeper

Post by Mierin »

Perception: 1d100: [54] = 54 (82%)
JIC: 1d20: [12] = 12 , 1d100: [44] = 44

save vs hf 1d20+6: [7]+6 = 13

Detect Ambush 1d100: [33] = 33 (98%)
Detect Concealment 1d100: [56] = 56 (63%)
Prowl 1d100: [70] = 70 (83%)

Conditions
Wearing NG Stalker Suit
Invincible Armour 187/200 mdc
Multi-Optic eyes
OOC Comments
Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet (In use)
Light Filters: Reduces glare
"What did I just unleash and how do we stop it? And where's the exit?"
Mierin raises an eyebrow at Northblade, answering his first 2 questions with the same response. ”I have no idea. I have no desire to find out what it is you’ve just pissed off.” Mierin looks around for sings of the exit. If she finds it, Mierin points it out to Northlade. ”Let’s get the hell out of here.” Mierin then starts to exit the dome, looking around for signs that may try to hinder the escape.
Rook Or Queen? ... If one of you can do a full-speed check of if the damn tunnel is there, that may tell us if we can send the civilians and you back that-ways."
Mierin replies to Lahz over the radio. ”Copy that, Ace. Queen to check the existence of the tunnel. Will update momentarily.” Mierin will then ride her hovercycle at top speed in the direction of the tunnel to see if it’s still there.
Mierin
"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies


Stats & Stuff
ISP: 27/35
HP: 57/57
SDC: 96/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

NE-BA-26 Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated)
Helmet--50/50, Arms--40/40, Legs--50/50, Main Body--900/900
Force Field: 160/160
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
Posts: 429
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Sleeper

Post by Virtus »

1:06pm
Visibility: 2000ft (but pitch black, except for a few emergency lights on various buildings withing the city, a dull glow from two ley lines emerging and an ominous light, coming from...)
58F degrees
No Wind
No radio traffic, but a low whine now squeals over the radios
All living beings feel a queasiness and slight vertigo.
Magic: powerful magic is sensed within 1 mile. Two ley lines and a nexus seem to be awakening
Ronan commands the woman to stop, tripping her. She hangs onto the head surprisingly. As they crash to the ground, everything goes black, but his radar sense kicks in. He kicks in his sonic speed, rocketing around the room destroying wardens as he goes. The woman in the labcoat, gets back to her feet and runs for the door. At the same time, a Ronan collides with a forcefield that springs into existence, roughly 15 feet in diameter. Ronan throws up a silver wall, but is unable to raise the second wall until she is through the doors. Despite her appearance, her speed and agility seem to be nearly superhuman. As she exits the room she activates blast doors on the room.

He can sense that one warden remains for moment, now trapped in the room with Ronan but outside the forcefield. Ronan strikes the shield twice ((replacing the final attacks on #3 with attacks on the shield)) and then twice more ((stomping replaced))

Wayne asks what is coming and how to stop it. The child replies, "Dimensional Hazard 231; the Sleeper. It's very bad. You have to run. We were brought here to keep dangerous things that came through the tear, subdued. It worked for many years until an earthquake destroyed part of the base and crushed some of us. We couldn't keep it sleeping. It escaped the silo so we pulled everything into a dream where everything was cut off from the ley lines and to keep them from getting out. It's very old. It's evil. It's coming." Wayne sees all the pods opening. Some of the child move weakly as skin wisps of vapor rise from their skin. It appears as they may have been in some sort of stasis. They all also appear to be completely bald and ranging in age from 5ish to 10ish.

As far as anything of value, the pods themselves may be very valuable if removed. There are computers nearby, as well as a few bodies from more people in lab coats, long since devoid of flesh. These are in slightly better condition than the remains up higher.

Mierin looks for an exit, the most obvious being straight up from whence they came. However there is also stairs off to the sides as well as an elevator, though it likely doesn't work anymore.

Vheld's minions secure the exit from the hospital as wardens make their way towards the exit carrying various items. Lahz races to Ray's location to retrieve one of the bombs. An ominous feeling comes over him. He looks to the eastern horizon and freezes in terror. Vheld too looks to the east and sees a form towering hundreds of feet tall reaching nearly to the ceiling with writhing limbs hundreds of yards long, like a mass of worms. vheld's mind remains clear, though fear is the correct response any living being should have. They look on in dread seeing:

OOC Comments
Image
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 518
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: Sleeper

Post by Lahz »

Perception [51%]: 1d100: [31] = 31 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: : 1d20: [7] = 7
JiC D100: 1d100: [34] = 34

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 100%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1900ft if using magical or psionic powers, 900ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Surprised, Fearful] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Marauder Power Armor (440/440 MB), Forcefield (160/160), Sixth Sense (Cannot be surprised by a sneak attack), Enhanced Reflexes [Rifter 25, 20.00 Min (+15% to Physical Skills, +1 Attack, +3 Initiative, +2 Strike, +3 Parry, +3 Dodge)]

ISP: 157/231 -10

Telemechanics [100%]: 1d100: [15] = 15


The pit drops out of the bottom of Lahz's stomach without any regard for the fact that he does not have time to be stricken at the moment, it's just plain inconvenient. When he manages to find a tenuous grip on his nerve, Lahz will grit his teeth and activate Enhanced Reflexes [-10 ISP][Rifter 25, 20.00 Min (+15% to Physical Skills, +1 Attack, +3 Initiative, +1 Strike, +2 Parry & Dodge, +2 PP)], while concurrently being utterly grateful this nightmarish thing has not yet triggered his Sixth Sense, **Which, against all odds means that by some bloody miracle the thing hasn't noticed me enough that I am presently in imminent danger ... and that's a frakking win from where I stand ... hover, whatever.**

The Psi-Tech counts his proverbial blessings as he shoulder's the Marauder's heavy beam cannon, ** ... Ok, it's not as big as Nyxla. One ... that's one blessing. That was not a long list to count.**

Lahz then radios the Spooks (because right now he thinks he is the only one out here), "Ok so a shit-ton of clusterfuck has hit the fan out here. I don't know what's in the Hospital, I don't know what's in the big Silo, but I know it's not as bad as what thus frak is out here. So get out here, because we're looking at like a ... 300ft-Super-Demon-Squid-thing out here ... It is all sortsa bad, and I could use some backup!!"
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Wayne Northblade
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 9:07 am

Re: Sleeper

Post by Wayne Northblade »

Perception: 1d100: [6] = 6 /49%
JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9 / 1d100: [66] = 66

Listening to the children explain the situation, he responds with misplaced bravado. "Old and evil. Sounds like everyone from my past. We'll take care of it, don't you worry."

Wayne grabs a few more NEMA badges and whatever else he can quickly find on the dead bodies around him, shoving it into his pockets. He picks up a server and begins flying out of the silo toward the convoy. Once he's out of the silo, he punches it up to 50 MPH to reach his target faster.
Lahz wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:16 pm Lahz then radios the Spooks (because right now he thinks he is the only one out here), "Ok so a shit-ton of clusterfuck has hit the fan out here. I don't know what's in the Hospital, I don't know what's in the big Silo, but I know it's not as bad as what thus frak is out here. So get out here, because we're looking at like a ... 300ft-Super-Demon-Squid-thing out here ... It is all sortsa bad, and I could use some backup!!"
"There's a bunch of little psychic kids and probably some NEMA secrets on the computers down here. I'm no nerd, but that stuff could prove valuable. Dropping off at the convoy and joining you against what the kids called 'Dimensional Hazard 231, The Sleeper'."
User avatar
Vheld
Posts: 557
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Sleeper

Post by Vheld »

JIC: 1d20: [10] = 10 , 1d100: [83] = 83
PER: 1d100: [49] = 49 vs. 79%

Prowl (Sil)- 1d100: [99] = 99 vs. 92%
To remain undetected by the wardens.

Conditions:
28m00s, PF2EP193, can cast spells/perform actions/do combat while remaining invisible, visible to heat sensors.
,
2m30s, BoMP159, creates 220 warriors, can command so long as one stays within 100 feet.


Fuck. Not another one. Vheld thinks as he sees what is presumably an alien intelligence arising. And the wardens are making good their escape. Lahz needs help, and no sign of Ronan. I need to be everywhere at once. Which means it’s time to stop holding back. ”Two. Enter the hospital, find Ronan, and help him escape. Birga, Bakir, slow down those wardens. Use your magic but sparingly, and prepare to withdraw to the entrance on my order. Skarrah, you will assist me with the spell I am about to cast, then you shall assist Mierin in securing our escape route.” His minions nod (if they can), and Vheld begins casting an elaborate spell with Skarrah’s aid. Vheld’s energy sphere winks out as he drains both it and the Raksasha dry, and a few seconds later the spell reaches a crescendo and Vheld summons a warrior horde ((-1100 PPE)). Once the magical constructs have materialized, Vheld issues his command in a booming voice: ”Stop the wardens, and that monstrosity, from reaching the tunnel.” Vheld doesn’t expect the individual warriors to do much, but with 220 of them hopefully they’ll be able to slow down the enemy through sheer force of numbers.

With the spell done, Skarrah shapechanges into a hawk and flies to join Mierin. Two disappears into the hospital to do its master’s bidding, and Bakir and Birga take to the area between the hospital and the tunnel exit to run interference with the wardens. Bakir will summon a tornado ((-60 PPE)) over the area and direct it to target the wardens closest to the tunnel before working its way back towards the alien intelligence; meanwhile Birga will cast a river of lava ((-50 PPE)) to cut off as many of the wardens from the tunnel as possible. Any that get past will be the first targets of his subsequent plasma blasts. Once all that is done Vheld and Sil will follow after Mierin and Skarrah.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatic senses: Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses)
33d remaining
,
PPE: 212/329 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 0/400 (Skarrah), 366/480 (Bakir), 112/162 (Birga). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 377/500 (Skarrah). MDC: 800/800(Skarrah), 1090/1200 (Bakir), 77/187 (Birga).
,
2/3 on Vheld IA, 1/3 on Ring of Invisibility, 2/3 on Animate Dead, 2/3 on Skarrah IA, 2/3 on Bakir IA.
User avatar
Ronan
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: Sleeper

Post by Ronan »

Perception: 1d100: [64] = 64 / 39%
JiC: 1d20: [20] = 20 / 1d100: [28] = 28

Conditions:
[4 on initiative. 2 to parry and dodge. 2 to strike. One additional attack per melee. No minuses apply when blinded or in darkness. 1,200ft]
|
Range: 90ft | Determine general flesh health of another being. Reveals if little or many HP/SDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically
| Naruni FF [110/110]

Radar Skills
Actively being used in the unknown environment to track any unseen movements he can pick up while moving. While on point, he is actively pinging to make sure there aren't any chasms or the like that need to be avoided
Interpreting Shapes: 1d100: [89] = 89 /84%
Estimating Distance: 1d100: [85] = 85 /88%
Estimating Direction: 1d100: [9] = 9 /88%
Estimating Speed: 1d100: [73] = 73 /68%
Estimating Exact Location: 1d100: [20] = 20 /78%

Other Skills

Post

When the forceshield encloses around Ronan, the Arismal growls in frustration as his attacks bounce back from the shield. "Okay, then. I can play dirty too, bitch." Ronan mutters before turning his head in the darkness as he senses the other warden. "Be with you in a moment." Ronan scoffs and starts to figure a way past the field.

"I'll be on the surface in a minute. The doctor lady is making her escape out of the hospital." Ronan tries to radio as he pulls out the talisman Vheld gave him and tries to dispel the forcefield using magic. If that doesn't work, the Arismal pulls out Bertha, his beautiful Rail Gun he saves for special occasions and levels a powerful blast at the field, hopefully disrupting it. If the field still remains, Ronan will hammer away with his fists until hopefully it relents.

If it does, his plan is to squash the one Warden and then make for the blast doors. Using his otherwordly strength, Ronan attempts to simply pry the doors apart to chase after his quarry. If he is able to catch up, he won't waste time talking and will simply get within range to encase her in silver.

Combat
APM: 10
Initiative: 1d20+14: [14]+14 = 28
Auto-Dodge: 1d20+8: [11]+8 = 19 | 1d20+8: [10]+8 = 18 | 1d20+8: [19]+8 = 27 | 1d20+8: [16]+8 = 24 | 1d20+8: [13]+8 = 21 | 1d20+8: [1]+8 = 9 | 1d20+8: [11]+8 = 19 | 1d20+8: [17]+8 = 25 | 1d20+8: [4]+8 = 12 | 1d20+8: [16]+8 = 24
Auto-Parries: 1d20+14: [7]+14 = 21 | 1d20+14: [19]+14 = 33 | 1d20+14: [18]+14 = 32 | 1d20+14: [15]+14 = 29 | 1d20+14: [5]+14 = 19 | 1d20+14: [20]+14 = 34 | 1d20+14: [10]+14 = 24 | 1d20+14: [9]+14 = 23 | 1d20+14: [6]+14 = 20 | 1d20+14: [8]+14 = 22

A1: Attempt to use Talisman of Dispel Magic Barrier to Dispel the forcefield.
A2: Pull out KLS Rail Gun and sling it.
A3-4: Fire at the forcefield. [EP Crit] (1d12*10)*2: [8]*10 = 80 x2 = 160 + 1 Roll against robotics 1d100: [8] = 8 = Sensor damage
A5: Two punches to finish off the field, dropping KLS to his side. Strike: 1d20+9: [10]+9 = 19 | DMG: 1d6*10: [1]*10 = 10 | Strike: 1d20+9: [4]+9 = 13 | DMG: 1d6*10: [4]*10 = 40

Ideally Ronan breaks free at some point during this
A6: Finish off last Warden with paired strikes. Strike: 1d20+9: [7]+9 = 16 | DMG: 1d6*10: [6]*10 = 60 | Strike: 1d20+9: [20]+9 = 29 (Nat 20) | DMG: 1d6*10: [5]*10 = 50 x 2 = 100

A7-8: If Warden is dead, Ronan moves to the blast doors and uses his strength to pull the doors open and get past them. [SN PS 52, can carry 15k lbs and lift 26k lbs, hopefully able to make them budge]
A9-10: Then he'll attempt to encase her in silver. [2 Actions, can silver half a body, encasing legs, range: 28ft]

Contingency #1:
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Oren Exe (PW GA)
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 321/321 (516 w/ MES)
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: Streetwolf MDC Biker Jacker: [12 M.D.C.] | Streetwolf Combat Pants: [8 M.D.C.] | Naruni Heavy Force Field [110 M.D.C.]
Carried: Will Declare but most likely KLS
Carried [Secured in Dimensional Bag]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C | Skorblade Short Blade

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 45% [49%]
Toxins (15+): +3
Magic (varies): +3 [+5]
Lethal Poison (14+): +3 [+5]
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +3 [+5]
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (15+): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +2
¯\_(▀̿ ͜ʖ ͡▀̿ ̿)_/¯
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
Posts: 429
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Sleeper

Post by Virtus »

"1:07pm
Visibility: 2000ft (but pitch black, except for a few emergency lights on various buildings withing the city, a dull glow from two ley lines emerging and an ominous light, coming from...)
58F degrees
No Wind
No radio traffic, but a low whine now squeals over the radios
All living beings feel a queasiness and slight vertigo.
Magic: Nexus and 2 Leylines within 2 miles"
Dim at first, and then suddenly vibrant, two ley lines surge from the ground. Arc of blue energy lep along the length of the ley lines like dolphins at play. Where the two lines meet is dead center in the dome. The intense, blue light illuminates not only the facility but practically the whole cavern, one of the lines running most of it's distance.

The refugees make due haste for the west end where the bridge and tunnel should be.

Vheld feels the surge of the fully formed nexus. Undaunted he guides massive amounts of energy, constructing a magic of great complexity. Hundreds of warriors appear in the city. The Atlantean, unseen by most, watches as bodies form out of the ether. Seeing his army before him, he issues orders and sends them out. Some head of the hospital and immediately begin engaging the fleeing wardens. The other portion of warriors change down the hill to the east towards Sleeper, though it will take them several rounds to make it that far. Skarrah changes into a hawk and join Mierin at the newly reformed nexus. Several of the children seem to be getting to their feet, though they seem to be confused, with no clear goal.

Lahz attunes his body for battle, his psychic prowess making his nerve endings and muscle fibers come alive. Shoulders the Marauder's canon, he surveys the city and the massive creature in the distance. Sleeper suddenly lurches towards the nexus. Its tendrils are growing ever longer as it begins undulating this direction.

Wayne rockets up and out of the silo, arcing over to the convoy, which is now heading for the bridge and hopefully the exit, which is several miles away on the western end. Wayne finds that most of the folk with the convoy are terrified, but they will obey any orders he gives.

Ronan puzzles over the force field, trying first to dispel it, unsuccessfully. Wishing to waste no more time, he brings his railgun to bear. Pulling the trigger, flechettes buzz away like insane bees, impacting the field and ricocheting around inside the filed as it collapses. Freed, he quick dispatches the remaining warden. Racing to the blast doors, he claws at the seam to get a grip. He manages to find the smallest of surfaces to cling to, prying it a little at a time. Finally it moves enough to jam his hands and force them open. Like a lightning bolt, he races down the corridor to several sets of elevators.

Sleeper makes it way onto the east-west ley line. EVERYONE inside the city area, flying or not, begin shaking violently, as if in an earthquake (no save). Pandemonium ensues as warden and warriors struggle. Even those flying are impacted.
OOC Comments
Those on the ground will be shaken so violently that they fall to
their knees. Standing, let alone trying to walk or run, is impossible. The
only mode of movement is crawling at 10% the character's normal
speed. Furthermore, melee attacks/actions per round are reduced to
two, and any attempts to fight are done with a penalty of -12 to all com-
bat moves/attacks, all gunfire is considered "shooting wild." G.M.'s
discretion as to whether or not characters are hit by "friendly fire" or
stray shots. Quake victims are also -80% to perform any skill while the
Mystic Quake is in effect.
Vehicles can continue to move but at half speed and with a -80% to
the piloting skill (roll for every 100 feet/30.5 m of travel). The chance
of crashing into other vehicles or obstacles and running over foot sol-
diers is very high (a failed piloting roll means a crash or hitting some-
body) and adds to the chaos and terror of the situation, so it is wise to
stay put until the quake ends. A crash does 1D6x10 M.D., and hitting a
character(s) does 6D6 M.D. to each individual struck by the vehicle
(double damage for vehicles going faster than 50 mph/80 km). Those
firing weapons built into the vehicle are -8 to strike as well as being -8
on all combat moves/attacks; all gunfire is "shooting wild." Quake vic-
tims inside vehicles are also -65% to perform a skill other than piloting
(that's -80%) while inside the vehicle.
Those in the air: Flying into the air may seem like a good idea, but
the magical nature of this "quake" also effects the air above the ground.
Airborne characters and aircraft are buffeted by vibrations that send
them off course to one side or the other by 1D6x10 yards/meters as
well as bobbing up and down I D4x10 yards/meters like a kite caught in
a chaotic, changing wind. The air turbulence is not as bad as the ground
quake, but it can be troublesome and cause mid-air collisions and
crashes into trees or the ground. All melee attacks/actions of flyers are
reduced by half, combat moves are -6, all gunfire is considered "shoot-
ing wild," maximum possible speed is half, and those in power armor
or flying a vehicle (including TW vehicles) are -40% on their piloting
skills or any other type of skill performance. If flying close to the
ground, at treetop level or near another flyer (within 100 feet/30.5 m), a
failed piloting skill roll means a collision or crash doing 6D6 M.D. to
the crasher or both parties in a collision (double damage if going faster
than 50 mph/80 krn).
Unlike real earthquakes, the Mystic Quake does not actually cause
the earth to split open nor topple buildings or inflict damage in and of
itself. Instead, it causes vibrations and earthquake-like shaking to those
caught in the area of effect. Damage comes from crashes, collisions and
wild shooting.
This is another spell typically used to temporarily slow or stop or di-
vide the advance of enemy troops, as well as create confusion and
chaos.
Enemy forces incapacitated by the spell can also be attacked from
beyond the range of the Mystic Quake, but such attacks are also af-
fected by the spell. Enemy targets made to fall to the ground or move
erratically (including vehicles and flyers) by the Mystic Quake are dif-
ficult to hit, so long-range attackers using energy weapons or magic are
-6 to strike. Projectiles (i.e. arrows, bullets, rail gun rounds, missiles
and similar) are also knocked off course by the vibrations and are -8 to
strike. Consequently, additional attacks are usually held off until the
spell elapses or is canceled. At that moment, troops allied with the spell
caster can immediately launch an attack while those who have just suf-
fered through the Mystic Quake are still wobbly, disoriented and reel-
ing from it. Note: Quake victims have no initiative, are -1 melee attack
and fight at half their normal combat bonuses for the first two melee
rounds/30 seconds after the quake. Anybody, including the spell caster,
who enters the area while still under the influence of a Mystic Quake
suffers all the same penalties.
User avatar
Wayne Northblade
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 9:07 am

Re: Sleeper

Post by Wayne Northblade »

Perception: 1d100: [46] = 46 /49%
JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9 / 1d100: [39] = 39

Making it to the convoy, Wayne places the server in the hands of a civilian and says "Guard this with your life. I'll be back for it. But for now, I have to do some vanquishing."

Hoping to distract the giant monster from the rest of the people present, Sir Northblade positions himself within firing range. He then lets loose with his NG Long Pistol, hoping that the distance between him and the Sleeper will be enough to avoid the massive tentacles he can see. If the Sleeper attacks Sir Northblade, he will sacrifice an action to dodge that attack. The whole time, he hollers at the great being "Hey, you big bastard! I'm over here!"


Initiative: 1d20+4: [3]+4 = 7
APM: 7

Action 1: Fire NG-45LP @ The Sleeper. Strike: 1d20+3: [3]+3 = 6 Damage: 5d6: [1, 5, 3, 4, 6] = 19
Action 2: Fire NG-45LP @ The Sleeper. Strike: 1d20+3: [2]+3 = 5 Damage: 5d6: [6, 5, 3, 4, 5] = 23
Action 3: Fire NG-45LP @ The Sleeper. Strike: 1d20+3: [8]+3 = 11 Damage: 5d6: [1, 6, 1, 4, 4] = 16
Action 4: Fire NG-45LP @ The Sleeper. Strike: 1d20+3: [16]+3 = 19 Damage: 5d6: [1, 4, 2, 6, 3] = 16
Action 5: Fire NG-45LP @ The Sleeper. Strike: 1d20+3: [13]+3 = 16 Damage: 5d6: [6, 1, 3, 4, 6] = 20
Action 6: Fire NG-45LP @ The Sleeper. Strike: 1d20+3: [4]+3 = 7 Damage: 5d6: [1, 4, 4, 5, 4] = 18
Action 7: Fire NG-45LP @ The Sleeper. Strike: 1d20+3: [13]+3 = 16 Damage: 5d6: [5, 4, 2, 4, 6] = 21

Dodge: 1d20+8: [4]+8 = 12 1d20+8: [11]+8 = 19 1d20+8: [9]+8 = 17 1d20+8: [16]+8 = 24 1d20+8: [2]+8 = 10 1d20+8: [17]+8 = 25 1d20+8: [15]+8 = 23
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 518
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: Sleeper

Post by Lahz »

Perception [51%]: 1d100: [61] = 61 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: : 1d20: [3] = 3
JiC D100: 1d100: [99] = 99

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 100%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1900ft if using magical or psionic powers, 900ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Surprised, Fearful] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Marauder Power Armor (440/440 MB), Forcefield (160/160), Sixth Sense (Cannot be surprised by a sneak attack, presumably ON, +6 Initiative, +2 Parry, +3 Dodge), Enhanced Reflexes [Rifter 25, 19.75 Min (+15% to Physical Skills, +1 Attack, +3 Initiative, +2 Strike, +3 Parry, +3 Dodge)] -- QUAKE: 1/2 APM for Flyers, -6 to all combat moves, all gunfire is considered "shoot-ing wild," 1/2 Speed (Max), -40% on piloting skills or any other type of skill performance. If flying close to the ground, at treetop level or near another flyer (within 100 feet/30.5 m), a failed piloting skill roll means a collision or crash doing 6D6 M.D. to the crasher or both parties in a collision (double damage if going faster than 50 mph/80 km). [*] AND For 2 melee rounds/30 seconds After the Quake, Victims have no initiative, are -1 APM and fight at 1/2 normal combat bonuses .

ISP: 147/231

Telemechanics [100%]: 1d100: [96] = 96
Pilot: Robots & Power Armor 116%: 1d100: [82] = 82


Lahz's stomach continues to turn cartwheels, seize, and lurch as the very air around him becomes turbulent from some kind of mystic shakeup of the area. Since it seems like the cannon may be of limited use, Lahz locks it back into its shoulder clamps and grabs one of the Super-Nukes from the Hum-Vee's hold. Largely out of other ideas, he radios the Spooks, "Ok, I have one of Vheld's Time-Stoppers [a Talisman] I am thinking Stop time, set bomb in Mouth, move before Time re-starts ... Other ideas???!" The Elf is half-hopeful someone will actually have a better idea, but not sure if there is time either way.

*That thing kind of looks like it has a face, and eyes that focus a single direction ... so maybe it has a frakking blindspot. I need to Circle away from the other Spooks because I want to avoid them being caught in the radius of this thing ...* As he speaks, Lahz begins a flight towards the giant creature's peripheral as fast as he safely can manage (either left or right whichever is easier, he does not want to be right in front of the thing)


Initiative: 1d20+11: [3]+11 = 14
APM: 12 (/2) = 6

1 -- Secure Cannon (store weapon)
2 -- Grab Bomb
3-5(?) -- Fly & Dodge as Needed [+14-6 = +8 Dodges, 1d20+8: [3]+8 = 11 , 1d20+8: [15]+8 = 23 , 1d20+8: [4]+8 = 12 ]
6 -- Use 1 Charge (out of 3) from Time-Slip Talisman but only if he can get to a spot where he believes he could get in and back out in 1/2 a Melee ...
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Vheld
Posts: 557
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Sleeper

Post by Vheld »

JIC: 1d20: [8] = 8 , 1d100: [10] = 10
PER: 1d100: [22] = 22 vs. 79%

Prowl (Sil)- 1d100: [4] = 4 vs. 92%
To remain undetected by the wardens and any other hostiles.

Conditions:
28m00s, PF2EP193, can cast spells/perform actions/do combat while remaining invisible, visible to heat sensors.
,
7m15s, BoMP159, creates 220 warriors, can command so long as one stays within 100 feet.
,
Triple range/duration/damage, draw 20 PPE per melee, +2 save vs. magic/HF, +1 spell strength.


Vheld greets the ley lines with a sharp intake of breath and a faint smile at the renewed energy. ”Two. Return.” Vheld beckons the entity when he hears Ronan’s radio message. Good. I barely have enough energy to pluck him out of there, and we could use a runner. Then the Sleeper hits the ley line and all hell breaks loose. We have to get out of here. Vheld debates creating an anti-magic cloud, but reasons that the ley line is too large an area to cover- and that the action is more likely to hinder the Wardens than the Spooks at this point. Hurry up, Ronan. To Sil, he says <<Get us to the nearest ley line not quaking.>> Along the way, Vheld will draw what energy he can from the resurgent nexus, then begin concentrating (requires 1d4: [2] = 2 melees) on ley line phasing himself and Sil to join Mierin and Skarrah at the nexus.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatic senses: Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses)
33d remaining
,
PPE: 212/329 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 0/400 (Skarrah), 366/480 (Bakir), 112/162 (Birga). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 377/500 (Skarrah). MDC: 800/800(Skarrah), 1090/1200 (Bakir), 77/187 (Birga).
,
2/3 on Vheld IA, 1/3 on Ring of Invisibility, 2/3 on Animate Dead, 2/3 on Skarrah IA, 2/3 on Bakir IA.
User avatar
Ronan
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: Sleeper

Post by Ronan »

Perception: 1d100: [40] = 40 / 39%
JiC: 1d20: [15] = 15 / 1d100: [43] = 43

Conditions:
[4 on initiative. 2 to parry and dodge. 2 to strike. One additional attack per melee. No minuses apply when blinded or in darkness. 1,200ft]
|
Range: 90ft | Determine general flesh health of another being. Reveals if little or many HP/SDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically
| Naruni FF [110/110]

Radar Skills
Actively being used in the unknown environment to track any unseen movements he can pick up while moving. While on point, he is actively pinging to make sure there aren't any chasms or the like that need to be avoided
Interpreting Shapes: 1d100: [40] = 40 /84%
Estimating Distance: 1d100: [5] = 5 /88%
Estimating Direction: 1d100: [14] = 14 /88%
Estimating Speed: 1d100: [75] = 75 /68%
Estimating Exact Location: 1d100: [7] = 7 /78%

Other Skills


Post

Ronan zips down the tunnel towards the elevators to make his escape. Then the world quakes around him, prompting the Arismal to immediately tumble into a roll as he goes prone and quickly high-crawls his way up. Ronan will try to find stairs but in lieu of that, will climb into the elevator tube amid the rumbling to try to get to the main level. "Damn it! Who ordered the end of the damned world?!" Ronan growls under his breath as the hospital shakes around him. Elevators and an Earthquake definitely don't mix.

"Fuck this." Ronan mutters and fully silvers up, allowing the protective shell to cover him and his effects and, looking up to the ceiling, will trigger his jetpack to rocket him straight up. Make my own way out. Stupid earthquake. Ugly Hospital. And where the hell is everyone else? Ronan growls to himself and will headbutt the ceiling to break through and is trying to fly straight up.

Ronan will endeavor to repeat this until he reaches the main floor.

Contingency: If Ronan finds a stairwell, he will instead grip onto the walls and pull himself up the stairwell as quickly as possible.

Contingency 2: If the elevator door is open, Ronan will go into the elevator and then climb ontop of it and attempt to simply jetup through the chute to the main floor, ramming the doors out of his way when he gets to it.

Ronan's ultimate goal here would be to rocket out of the hospital and move far away from... that really old monster thing there.

If/when Ronan sees the Sleeper, his gut drops just a little bit. "Now that is scary. Nxla should be taking notes." Ronan offers in quip.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Oren Exe (PW GA)
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 321/321 (516 w/ MES)
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: Streetwolf MDC Biker Jacker: [12 M.D.C.] | Streetwolf Combat Pants: [8 M.D.C.] | Naruni Heavy Force Field [110 M.D.C.]
Carried: Will Declare but most likely KLS
Carried [Secured in Dimensional Bag]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C | Skorblade Short Blade

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 45% [49%]
Toxins (15+): +3
Magic (varies): +3 [+5]
Lethal Poison (14+): +3 [+5]
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +3 [+5]
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (15+): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +2
¯\_(▀̿ ͜ʖ ͡▀̿ ̿)_/¯
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
Posts: 429
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Sleeper

Post by Virtus »

1:07pm
Visibility: 2000ft (but pitch black, except for a few emergency lights on various buildings withing the city, a dull glow from two ley lines emerging and an ominous light, coming from...)
58F degrees
No Wind
No radio traffic, but a low whine now squeals over the radios
All living beings feel a queasiness and slight vertigo.
Magic: Nexus and 2 Leylines within 2 miles
The earth continues to quake. Some buildings in the old military installation. Sleeper in the east is moving west now towards the nexus at great speed.

Wayne leaves the server with the escaping refugees and flies into danger. Wayne makes it into long range and insults the creature while blazing away with his pistol. It's hard to tell where its attention is centered as the numerous tentacles seem to have minds of their own to some degree. None the less he lands several hits. It does elicit a response as a tentacle lunges up from almost out of nowhere to strike at him. ((-50 MDC))

Lahz uses time stop. Everything screeches to a halt around him. Beyond all reason he flies full tilt to the Sleeper. The thrusters roar as the massive creature looms ahead. Terror courses through his veins as the strange creature comes fully into view. The thing's maw spans roughly 50ft wide and is barely parted, but enough for Lahz to push the soul bomb in. Doing so, Lahz about faces and flees at top speed to the south.

Vheld recalls two and then phases to the nexus where Mierin and Skarrah are both waiting. The energies whirl around everyone at the military complex which was obviously built on top of nexus.

Ronan finds a stairwell across from the elevator. Racing like lightning the Arismal blazes past many wardens as well as Vheld's own constructs. He reaches the exterior in moments. As he does he sees a flying craft leave from the roof of the hospital, racing towards the exit.

Deep booming words echo across the cavern, nauseating everyone. Then, in the middle of whatever the words were saying, a murderous star births into life at the location of Sleeper. A series of crimson waves wash over the whole cavern. ((Any supernatural creatures (Ronan included) take 110 MDC being more than 1000ft away)) Glancing back in terror, Lahz sees the red aura rush by him several times. Looking back he sees Sleeper sway. A massive hole sits where its mouth once was. However the creature doesn't seem to be dead and instead its tentacles begin whipping around madly and it lurches quickly towards the nexus and will be on top of the vault in the next 30 seconds.

Those at the nexus, down in the vault, are protected from the soul bomb. Mundane beings are unharmed by the wave, but any possessing psionics experience feedback from the residual soul energy, losing half their APM.
User avatar
Vheld
Posts: 557
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Sleeper

Post by Vheld »

JIC: 1d20: [8] = 8 , 1d100: [45] = 45
PER: 1d100: [84] = 84 vs. 79%

Prowl (Sil)- 1d100: [90] = 90 vs. 92%
To remain undetected by the wardens and any other hostiles.
Computer operation- 1d100: [73] = 73 vs. 104%
To set the timer on the bomb (I know, it’s the closest skill I’ve got 😊)

Conditions:
27m30s, PF2EP193, can cast spells/perform actions/do combat while remaining invisible, visible to heat sensors.
,
6m45s, BoMP159, creates 220 warriors, can command so long as one stays within 100 feet.
,
Triple range/duration/damage, draw 20 PPE per melee, +2 save vs. magic/HF, +1 spell strength.


Vheld shields his eyes from the explosion, and then calls his remaining minions back to his side. Two of them are caught in the blast, and many are hit by the psychic pulse by Vheld himself misses it (aside from some complaining from his rune medallion). Quiet. I need to concentrate. Getting on the radio, Vheld says ”Get out of there Dealer. I’ll prep the second bomb.” I guess that’s what we get for using half measures. Vheld quickly dismounts from Sil and races to grab the second bomb. Once that’s in hand he will remount Sil, and consider the scene. The sleeper will be at the nexus soon. Things will probably start going sideways after that. I’m the only one who can plant the bomb in time. Assuming that the nexus he’s on is connected to that towards which the sleeper is heading, Vheld will activate the bomb on a timer (three minutes), then concentrate for 1d4: [3] = 3 melees to phase to the target nexus. Once there, he will promptly deposit the bomb and immediately concentrate on phasing back for 1d4: [4] = 4 melees. Upon returning to the nexus, Vheld will nod to Mierin, his minions, and anyone else (refugee or Spook Squad) who’s there by that point and say ”Go.” If everyone is there by that point, Vheld will leave as well. Otherwise, Vheld will get on the team radio ”Status report.” and pull all the PPE he can from his minions and the nexus in anticipation of a need to summon someone out. Should the sleeper start attacking them, Sil will enter phantom form and raise her invincible armor in an attempt to protect her master.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatic senses: Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses)
33d remaining
,
PPE: 212/329 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 0/400 (Skarrah), 366/480 (Bakir), 112/162 (Birga). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 377/500 (Skarrah). MDC: 800/800(Skarrah), 1090/1200 (Bakir), 77/187 (Birga).
,
2/3 on Vheld IA, 1/3 on Ring of Invisibility, 2/3 on Animate Dead, 2/3 on Skarrah IA, 2/3 on Bakir IA.
Post Reply

Return to “Spook Squad Adventure Forum”