Cross: Outpost F279 Approach

Into the Breach: The 110th begins their operation.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

CS High Command
Game Master

Cross: Outpost F279 Approach

Post by CS High Command »

Crossed Signals As the group is resupplying, the pilots in their transport give the squad a look at the aerial surveillance they took of their objective. The base is small, as one might expect for a listening post. All of the squad expect it housed maybe a platoon regularly stationed soldiers, plus all the long range patrols ranging in and out of the various regions nearby, including Northern Gun, Lazlo, New Lazlo, and Free Quebec. There is a ten foot wall surrounding the base, which are battered and broken in places. For the most part, however, they are intact. The front gates are blasted open, with one flat on the ground, and the other hanging at an odd angle from the gate post. Entry will not be an issue. The ground is more or less clear, though the aerial survey did find a body dump behind one of the two barracks buildings on site. The compound consists of a pair of two story quick fab barracks of a type that is very common in CS installations. There is also a large garrage that is able to park two Mark V APCs, as well as a dozen hover cycles or skycycles, and a pair of AFC-101 hover transports - whether any of those are present is another matter and largely unlikely. A large mega-concrete building behind it must be the vehicle armory where missiles, power armor, and heavy weapons would be stored. Otherwise, the only notable structure is the large round central building with a place on the roof for anything smaller than a Death's Head to land, as well as a tower housing the radar and radio equipment for the base. From the aerial view it all looks largely intact. Its double doors are also blown wide open, but they could not see into the structure from their vantage point and distance. Most of the point defense lasers and the manned defense towers on the walls are all trashed. Laser scoring and blast marks litter the ground and its obvious these soldiers did not give up their position easily.

The hover APC's vehicle commander speaks to Howlett as they end viewing the surveillance. "Captain, approach by air is still a no go due to unknown hostiles. We can provide stand off support though, either in terms of missiles, rail gun fire, or flybys by lighter elements from Captain Toretto's unit once they are back from extracting your squadmate. Once you can confirm its safe to land, we'll make for the rooftop landing pad and we can provide any further logistical assistance you want us to. Captain Torreto also radioed in that they had captured some 'loud mouthed demagogue' and will bring him to you once they get back. We're going to hold this position until we can't so there is a central fallback position. We'll lift off at the first sign of trouble though."

He adds as an aside. "Also, given our scans of Clinton earlier, most, if not all, of the inhabitants were here. I doubt you'll see much, if any real resistance there."

Approach to the base is fairly straightforward. There is a tree lined and covered road leading straight to the base (about 4.5 miles distance), right past the settlement of Clinton. Anything else is a long slog through trees.
ImageImage

"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Socorro Skirmish of May 110PA

(Many thanks to SNAFU for the basis of my new AVATAR!)
James Howlett
Group Leader

Re: Cross: Outpost F279 Approach

Post by James Howlett »

Perception: 1d100: [51] = 51 /75%
Just in Case: 1d20: [6] = 6 ; 1d100: [34] = 34
Conditions: Borg sensors.

CS High Command wrote: "Captain, approach by air is still a no go due to unknown hostiles. We can provide stand off support though, either in terms of missiles, rail gun fire, or flybys by lighter elements from Captain Toretto's unit once they are back from extracting your squadmate. Once you can confirm its safe to land, we'll make for the rooftop landing pad and we can provide any further logistical assistance you want us to. Captain Torreto also radioed in that they had captured some 'loud mouthed demagogue' and will bring him to you once they get back. We're going to hold this position until we can't so there is a central fallback position. We'll lift off at the first sign of trouble though."

"Understood, we will radio if we need assistance or when the landing area is clear." James replies back. The man should have just talked with us, now he's gonna enjoy the tender mercies of CS interrogators. James thinks grimly.
CS High Command wrote:"Also, given our scans of Clinton earlier, most, if not all, of the inhabitants were here. I doubt you'll see much, if any real resistance there."
"Small miracles I guess." James replies. So now we see if the path is trapped.

James looks to his team. "Down the road we go, possible hostiles and traps along the way." James says flatly. "We will check the nearby Clinton for hostiles and go from there." James says again flatly.

Switching to his radio and to a private frequency. "Grey, I do not like the smell of this. Keep an eye out for me." James says before going back to being vocal. "Grey, Olive, Mane. You take point. Leighton you are in the rear. Everyone else is with me, let's move. James says authoritatively.

James waits for point to get moving before following.
Captain James Howlett
"Out of all the people you meet I may be the only one who understands what you are thinking, Take one good look at my face. This is the price that I paid to bring foot to the collective asses of our enemies. There are many more who have sacrificed much more to do far less. ~Captain James Howlett EP
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
M.D.C. by Location: Hands (2): 50 each, Forearms (2): 50 each, Upper Arms (2): 70 each, “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40, Legs (2): 90 each., Modular Secondary Arms (2): 60 each.
Constant effects: Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Targeting Sight, Motion Detector, Gyro-Compass, Clock/Calendar
Current Conditions: None.
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
PA-08A Special Forces "Striker" SAMAS
CA-7 Special Forces Heavy Dead Boy Armor
CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
C-29 "Hellfire" Heavy Plasma Cannon
CP-30 Laser Pulse Pistol
CP-20 Laser Pistol
Vibro-Knife
Drummond Leighton

Post by Drummond Leighton »

Perception: 33% vs 1d100: [36] = 36 (+15% vision, +15% hearing, +5% combat computer, +25% salvage, +25% contraband, +5% Perception Enemy Aggression and Troop Movement)
JIC: 1d20: [3] = 3 , 1d100: [50] = 50
Sensors
Passive Night vision 2000'
Thermal Imaging 2000'
Light Filter
Amplified Hearing
Sound Filtration
Air & Surface Temperature
Advanced Speedometer
Depth Gauge
Gyro-Compass
Metal Detector
Molecular Analyzer
Motion Detector 500'/40'
Radar Sensor
Radiation Sensor
Damage:

CA-6C Main Body: 149/200
CA-6 Right Arm: 77/100

Sensory Equipment - 60% vs 1d100: [2] = 2 |Use sensors

"On it." Drum says to Doc as he orders the cyborg to the rear. He waits for the group to move far enough ahead that his own. His thoughts go back to the town. These worms are creepy, those poor people had to know something wasn't right. I don't know if its the right move or not to go on to the base rather than make sure the town is secure, but it won't do anyone any good if my team fails it's mission because some of us aren't where we should be. He swaps out the plasma rifle for the C-200 Rail Gun as he follows the others. These things have magic, and seem to have the juice to defend themselves. The rail gun might be a better alternative possibly able to knock them down.

Drum uses his visual and audio sensors to make sure their flanks are clear.
Culter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Culter »

Perception: 1d100: [23] = 23 / 49%
+25% on rolls involving electrical anomalies, devices, etc., +25% Identify Friend/Foe; on success, identify 100% allied/enemy combatants and unable to be surprised., +10% ID Enemy in disguised (meta-morphed or shape-changed).

JiC: 1d20: [7] = 7 / 1d100: [77] = 77

Conditions:
An invisible electrokinetic aura surrounds the Zapper, making him, and what he is wearing (body armor included), completely impervious to electricity, including magical electrical attacks. Even mega-damage lightning strikes do no damage. Most other energy attacks do only half damage, including lasers, plasma and particle beams; magic energy attacks, other than electrical, do full damage. So do magic melee weapons, explosives and projectiles!
|

Skills:
Detect Ambush: 1d100: [73] = 73 / 65% (Watch for signs of ambush, choke points, hide aways)
Electronic Countermeasures: 1d100: [12] = 12 / 60% (Watch for and kill external signals)
Sensory Equipment: 1d100: [11] = 11 / 50% (Read PA Sensors, switch between installed sensors)

Culter looks over the aerial surveillance provided with a close eye, taking in as much detail as he could and committing as much of it to memory as he can. So, a body dump site, two barracks and a large garage. Likely holds a platoon, two at most. The TOC has its doors blown in and otherwise, the base is silent. Seems like it was another force that fought their way in. Culter goes through it all in his head and glances to the APC commander when he addresses the Captain, listening in. And going in without cover, if we get hit by missiles again, I swear I'll rip someone's mind in half. The zapper commits, furrowing his brow and dusting the dented power armor.

As they approach, Culter takes a flank and watches the surrounding. Quiet. I'm not a fan of quiet. Culter thinks as he silently moves, the only sounds being made are the steps of his armor.
Doc wrote:"Grey, Olive, Mane. You take point. Leighton you are in the rear. Everyone else is with me, let's move.
Culter nods and moves to Howlett's left side. "On your left." Culter says simply while watching the perimeter. He watches Grey head forward with Olive and Mane and nods. Hope that dog-girl is doing okay, she was kind of thrown into this. Culter ponders, still not completely over the loss of the dogboys in his charge during his initial transfer.

Culter will run sensor sweeps and keep a close eye for any anomalous signals and switch between his optics to watch for any movement nearby. Otherwise he will stay on Doc's left side with a watchful eye.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Everett Culter (40-4th) || EP Ledger | Other PCs: Ronan Deshe (Spook Squad) | Scythe (Phase World: Galactic Rogues) | Theron Wymond (PFRPG B)| Harbinger (Phase World: Void Reavers)
Constant Stats and Abilities
Active Abilities:
I.S.P.: 163/163 || H.P.: 31/31 || S.D.C.: 38/38

Callsigns: Plasma, The Electrician

Impervious to Electricity: Completely immune to electricity, magical or others (lightning, etc). Energy, Lasers, Plasma and Particle Beams as well as other Energy sources do half-dmg. Magical energy, other than electrical, does full.

Active Gear:
Worn: Smiling Jack Samas | Coalition Gear sheet

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 2%
Magic (varies): N/A
Lethal Poison (14+):
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): N/A
Insanity (12+): +2
Psionics (10+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +6
Possession (varies): +2
CS High Command
Game Master

Crossed Signals As the group advances, they walk along the tree lined, and at times covered, road. If it weren't in such a wild area it would be a beautiful place. Of course those woods could hold any number of monsters, and that's not counting the possible worm entities. One thing they have figured out - the worm inhabited humans have a very specific thermal signature. Their bodies are warmer, by far, than their limbs and head. Knowing this becomes something they can tell with a fairly quick inspection who is and who is not one of these creatures.

As they advance into Clinton, its a very basic community. On the left side of the road are some communal homes - large barns converted to living spaces, and then beside them large barns. On the right are fields they obviously grow food in. If it were in the CS, this would be one of the corporate or government run farming operations that provide so much of the food that feeds the CS military. Run effeciently this would be highly prosperous for those working the land. Given the state of the fields, however, its likely its not run very well - or at least hasn't been for some time. Aside from a few cats and dogs in the fields, and the occasional deer or bird on the edge of the fields, nothing is moving out there. The barns themselves seem locked up tight. Howlett, Culter, and Drum all survey the living quarters. They find some people are clustered in one of the ends of the upstairs of the large communal home. Maybe ten or fifteen people. The group is maybe 1000 feet from them and will need to get closer, ideally with line of sight, to verify they are human or worm. Culter can find no local EM transmissions of any sort.

On the side of the nearest barn (that is where people are in) is a crudely painted sign that says "Welcome to Clinton Village."
ImageImage

"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Socorro Skirmish of May 110PA

Drummond Leighton

Perception: 33% vs 1d100: [81] = 81 (+15% vision, +15% hearing, +5% combat computer, +25% salvage, +25% contraband, +5% Perception Enemy Aggression and Troop Movement)
JIC: 1d20: [15] = 15 , 1d100: [10] = 10
Sensors
Thermal Imaging 2000'
Light Filter
Amplified Hearing
Sound Filtration
Advanced Speedometer
Depth Gauge
Gyro-Compass
Metal Detector
Molecular Analyzer
Motion Detector 500'/40'
Radar Sensor
Radiation Sensor
Damage:

Sensory Equipment - 60% vs 1d100: [24] = 24 |Use sensors

Drum looks at the various animals already missing Cello. He looks for the orange cat to see if it's decided to follow him. He smiles in his helmet, Caity and the kids should be all moved in about now into their new quarters. A pet would be a great housing warming gift. Come on Banjo, you know you want a nice warm home.

When the team mentions there are people grouped together down at the other end of the street, he flicks over to his Thermographic vision (2000') and takes a look at the bodies as they approach. "I hope these people are still people," he mutters.
James Howlett
Group Leader

Post by James Howlett »

Perception: 1d100: [97] = 97 /75%
Just in Case: 1d20: [20] = 20 ; 1d100: [50] = 50
Conditions: Borg Sensors.

James eyes the situation. "Not unlike the last time we saw the folk attached to this group, all huddled together in one room. But given the cold, there is certainly the chance they're conserving fuel from a wood stove or something. We'll keep moving up so we can get a better look, if they so much as twitch wrong we burn the place down." James says over the team radio.

James continues to follow the point men, while considering the next play. We should make a cursory inspection of the folk here, just to see if they are infected... Is it really an infection, or just a similar seeming situation? A question for the ride back home I suppose." James thinks.

"Aleksander. Monitor local channels if there are any." James mentally orders his assistant.

"So I am guessing one of us will have to approach the building to confirm if they are worm or not. I will approach the building, with you all providing cover. If they move wrong, bring the hammer down." James says.

When James gets up to the building that they've identified as having warm body signatures, he gently (for a PA) knocks on the door. "Hello. I would like to speak with the head of the house please." James say with little fan fair.
Captain James Howlett
"Out of all the people you meet I may be the only one who understands what you are thinking, Take one good look at my face. This is the price that I paid to bring foot to the collective asses of our enemies. There are many more who have sacrificed much more to do far less. ~Captain James Howlett EP
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
M.D.C. by Location: Hands (2): 50 each, Forearms (2): 50 each, Upper Arms (2): 70 each, “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40, Legs (2): 90 each., Modular Secondary Arms (2): 60 each.
Constant effects: Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Targeting Sight, Motion Detector, Gyro-Compass, Clock/Calendar
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
CP-30 Laser Pulse Pistol
CP-20 Laser Pistol
Vibro-Knife
Culter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Culter »

Perception: 1d100: [57] = 57 / 49%
+25% on rolls involving electrical anomalies, devices, etc., +25% Identify Friend/Foe; on success, identify 100% allied/enemy combatants and unable to be surprised., +10% ID Enemy in disguised (meta-morphed or shape-changed).

JiC: 1d20: [11] = 11 / 1d100: [20] = 20

Conditions:
An invisible electrokinetic aura surrounds the Zapper, making him, and what he is wearing (body armor included), completely impervious to electricity, including magical electrical attacks. Even mega-damage lightning strikes do no damage. Most other energy attacks do only half damage, including lasers, plasma and particle beams; magic energy attacks, other than electrical, do full damage. So do magic melee weapons, explosives and projectiles!

Skills:
Detect Ambush: 1d100: [27] = 27 / 65% (Watch for signs of ambush, choke points, hide aways)
Electronic Countermeasures: 1d100: [23] = 23 / 60% (Watch for and jam external signals)
Basic Electronics: 1d100: [83] = 83 / 75% (Watch for and jam external signals)
Sensory Equipment: 1d100: [8] = 8 / 50% (Read PA Sensors, switch between installed sensors)

While walking, Culter takes a mental note of everything he knows to keep an eye out for to prevent a repeat of the last encounter. Alright, so we know they read hotter in their bodies, so thermal imaging can ping them. The limbs, head are all colder than the body. A second source of body heat from the worm in the body, making it ping more? Something to watch for. They move in a collective focus, possibly a hive-mind like group think. Almost like automatons. Culter thinks to himself, mentally checking off one thing after another until the town crests his view and he hears James over the radio.
Doc wrote:"Not unlike the last time we saw the folk attached to this group, all huddled together in one room. But given the cold, there is certainly the chance they're conserving fuel from a wood stove or something. We'll keep moving up so we can get a better look, if they so much as twitch wrong we burn the place down."
Culter doesn't respond but nods slightly, unseenly and just keeps moving. His eyes trace to the sign. Clinton Village, eh? He comments silently and switches his optics to thermals, cycling through any frequencies he may be able to intercept.
Doc wrote:"So I am guessing one of us will have to approach the building to confirm if they are worm or not. I will approach the building, with you all providing cover. If they move wrong, bring the hammer down."
"Copy. I'm watching for any active frequencies as well, all appears silent at the moment." Culter comments as he moves to the side and finds a post. He'll rest his rail gun on or against a tree to brace it and provide overwatch as James approaches. He'll keep a sharp eye on the thermals and be ready to warn James and the team on any suspicious body temperatures or frequencies.

Everett Culter (40-4th) || EP Ledger | Other PCs: Ronan Deshe (Spook Squad) | Scythe (Phase World: Galactic Rogues) | Theron Wymond (PFRPG B)| Harbinger (Phase World: Void Reavers)
Active Abilities:

Impervious to Electricity: Completely immune to electricity, magical or others (lightning, etc). Energy, Lasers, Plasma and Particle Beams as well as other Energy sources do half-dmg. Magical energy, other than electrical, does full.

Active Gear:

Saving Throw Bonuses
Lethal Poison (14+):
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Egan Grey »

Perception - 67%, 1d100: [7] = 7
JIC: 1d20: [15] = 15 , 1d100: [35] = 35

After entering the 'village' Egan continues walking past the occupied building and posts himself up by one of the empty barns while scanning the surrounding area for additional trouble.
James Howlett wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:38 pm"Not unlike the last time we saw the folk attached to this group, all huddled together in one room. But given the cold, there is certainly the chance they're conserving fuel from a wood stove or something. We'll keep moving up so we can get a better look, if they so much as twitch wrong we burn the place down."
"I'm sure they're well aware of us coming so they shouldn't be surprised." comes the dry statement from the scout over the team band, as he remembers the sight of the still smoldering craters and shattered landscape left from the heavy ordnance used just a little while ago.

Keeping his eyes peeled for any other movement, Egan tracks the Doc as he walks to inquire about the leftover residence. -I wonder if these things can take over animals. Do we have to worry about critters being spys and assassins for whatever this thing is?- Egan stands at the ready to remodel the dilapidated barn made house at a moments notice. Just as the Doc is about to knock on the door, the scouts voice hits the comms once again. "So, should we be worried about animal life being compromised as well?"
SSG Egan Grey aka Grayson Hender (1-8-2018)
*Wrong Side*
Stats
Hp - 54/54
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 84/74
Constant Effects: Multi-Optic Eye, Sixth Sense (-2 ISP / use; +6 init, +2 parry, +3 dodge - can't be surprised)
Current Penalties:

PA-DK-500 Death Knight
**Head: 90 / 90
Slayer Particle Beam Rifle (handheld): 50 / 50
*Forearm Lasers (2, light, concealed): 15 / 15 each
*Shoulder Demonbuster Mini-Missiles (4 per arm): 20 / 20 each missile
*Back Mini-Missile Launchers (2): 70 / 70 each
Skull Shield (large): 149 / 225
*Skull Vibro-Sword (large): 100 / 100
Shoulder Plates (2): 120 / 120 each
*Arms (2): 90 / 90 each
*Hands (2): 40 / 40 each
*UEL Cable, Reinforced: 12 / 12
Legs (2): 170 / 170 each
*Leg Thrusters (4; two per lower leg): 25 / 25 each
Back-Mounted Vertical Thrusters (2): 70 / 70 each
Main Body: 250 / 250

CA-3 Light Dead Boy Armor
Helmet: 70 / 70
Arms: 55 / 55 each
Legs: 70 / 70 each
Main Body: 80 / 80

Modifiers: -5% to climb, -10% to other physical skills
Neural-Mace built into left forearm / gauntlet
Garrote housing in left wrist
Retractable vibro-Blade mounted in right forearm (1D6 M.D.)

NG Stalker Suit
M.D.C. Protection: 12/12
CS High Command
Game Master

Crossed Signals Drum and Culter can't be 100% certain, but none of the bodies that move away from the huddled mass of people inside have abnormal temperature variance between torso and limbs. Culter can see multiple angles to be concerned about, but none of them are of particular importance to where Howlett is approaching. He also detects no external signals of note (there is what seems like a radio station playing songs, but the signal is bad and the content doesn't seem to be concerning. Egan, for his part, thinks of a rather strange, but plausible idea. He scans a few local creatures (a dog, a squirrel, and a rabbit) and doesn't see anything out of the ordinary.

Howlett gets a good look at the group from the door as an older woman answers and is fairly certain all of them are human, at least by the evidence he's seen so far. When asked for the head of household a woman in her fifties or sixties answers the door. "Come on in, we don't need to let the heat out." You see them all surrounding a common heater sold by Northern Gun and Wellington. It is powered by an e-clip and two more are on a shelf for when it runs out. A few people have sidearms, but nothing that concerns the good doctor. She closes the door behind you. The men and women, and a few children seem to be engaged in games or crafts that keep the hands and mind busy, while huddled in blankets and sitting close together.

"I'm Greta Stapleton, I guess you'd say I'm the matriarch of our little farm here. How can I help you soldier?" Her voice is one that suggests she has lived a hard life, as one might guess from their experience here. Her eyes also betray a sense of loss Howlett has seen before.
ImageImage

Drummond Leighton

Perception: 33% vs 1d100: [18] = 18 (+15% vision, +15% hearing, +5% combat computer, +25% salvage, +25% contraband, +5% Perception Enemy Aggression and Troop Movement)
JIC: 1d20: [5] = 5 , 1d100: [87] = 87
Sensors
Thermal Imaging 2000'
Light Filter
Amplified Hearing
Sound Filtration
Advanced Speedometer
Depth Gauge
Gyro-Compass
Metal Detector
Molecular Analyzer
Motion Detector 500'/40'
Radar Sensor
Radiation Sensor
Damage:

Sensory Equipment - 60% vs 1d100: [93] = 93 |Use sensors

With Doc apparently having a conversation with someone who at least speaks normally, Drum continues to move south. He circles the building to it's east side. Taking station back on the road just south of the building. "Circling the building clockwise," he says over the radio. The cyborg continues to use his enhanced senses. As he passes the building he focus on any conversation's other then Doc's that might be happening in the building with his amplified hearing. He keeps his rail gun tucked tight his body, barrel slightly down, ready to fire from the hip, but not obviously aggressive.

Drum isn't entirely at ease with the people in the building. With all the craziness going on, she seems a bit to...friendly?
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron

Post by Mane »

Perception (55% base); Friend or Foe Perception (90% base): 1d100: [60] = 60
JIC Rolls: 1d100: [32] = 32 ,
Conditions: Binic eye set to Thermo

Psychic Senses:
  • Sense Psychic & Magic Energy (80% base): 1d100: [61] = 61
  • Sense Supernatural Beings (74% base): 1d100: [97] = 97

Kitty Hearing:
  • Discriminate between two sounds (flat 75%): 1d100: [86] = 86
  • Judge Distance & Precise Location of Source (100% base): 1d100: [96] = 96
  • Recognize & Identify Prey by Sounds (92% base): 1d100: [52] = 52
Skill Rolls & Abilities
  • I.D. Eneny in Disguise (65% base):See Perception roll above - Keeping an eye on those damn cats!
  • Detect Ambush (100% base): 1d100: [67] = 67 - Lookin' for love in all the wrong places?
As they flew in the relative comfort of the familiar APC, Mane took the opportinuty to take his armored boots off and stretch his toes. The black claws of his feet extended with cramped relief before being forced back into thier protective confnes once more. The big cat was more than ready for the spring and summer months where he could go native a little bit more offten.

Before they landed, Mane found himself a MRE and had himself a quick bite to eat. He needed to keep his enerrgy and strength up, and that last fight took a little bit of both out of him. As he opened the bag of steeming macaroni and cheese with ham bits, the noodles reminded him a bit of the black writhing worm demons he just fought. The sight and flashback amost ruined his appitite ... almost. With little time to spare, he gobbed the noursing and belly warming goddness up with a greedy zeal.

With his sensitive hearing, Mane overhead the APC commander speaking to the Boss Man, and part of what he had to say piqued his interest,

[quote="CS High Command]The hover APC's vehicle commander speaks to Howlett as they end viewing the surveillance. ".... Captain Torreto also radioed in that they had captured some 'loud mouthed demagogue' and will bring him to you once they get back. ...."[/quote]

"Oh goodie. We get another chance to check Mr. Cult Leader for worms and get him too spill his guts... maybe answer some quetions too.

After the APC landed, Mane was all suited up again with a reasonaby happy tummy. With fresh armor on his back and fresh ammo in his guns, the murder cat was ready to get back into action.
James Howlett wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:08 am James says before going back to being vocal. "Grey, Olive, Mane. You take point. Leighton you are in the rear. Everyone else is with me, let's move. James says authoritatively.
[color#FF4000]"On it, Boss Man. New dog, you keep your nose sharp. I'll keep and ear out. We got this."[/color]

As they walked the nearly five mile road, Mane was on hiigh alert. He had no interest in falling prey to another ambush. He extended his senses and kept his ears tuned to their surroundings. And just to play it safe, knowing the hijacked bodies of the worm demons ran hot, he also set his bionic eye to thermographic mode and scanned every creature he saw in passing.

In time he and the the 40-4 reached the town of Clinton, and the first thing he noticed was all the stray cates in the field. Sure, there were other animals too, but the cats stood out to him. "Cats... God, I hate cats." he muttered in disgust at the filthy creatures. While there were other things to watch out for, Mane never took his eyes too far off those farm cat.

When the team reached the barn occupied by the cold, huddled masses of the town, Mane did his best to look not so intimidating... as much as a seven foot, four hudred pound, mutant lion in battle armor could, any how. He was here to maybe help these people. Not scare them more they they probably already have been. Then again, his imposing vissage might provide some comfort given the CS flag he marched under.

While the Boss Man did his thing, and Drum did his best to ne ready but not look ready, Mane took a different path. With his C-200 slung on his back and pistols secured in their tactical holsters, he approached one of the groups of children. Slowly he dropped down low on his haunches... his nearly white mane frizzy from the dry winter air... and told them in as confident and reassuring tone as he could muster, "Don't you worry, little ones. Where here to help."
Mane, driver of the big ugly bus.

Song in his heart: Sober
Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
ISP: 64/64
HP: 118/118
SDC: 110/110
Armor: CA-6EX
MDC by Location:
  • Main Body: 32/200
  • Head/Helmet: 44/100
  • Legs: (R) 64/120, (L) 64/120
  • Arms: (R) 44/100, (L) 44/100
Weapons:
Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol:
  • Damage:4D6+4 MD; Range: 200'
  • Payload: 24/24 blasts per long e-clip
Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol:
  • Damage:4D6+4 MD; Range: 200'
  • Payload: 24/24 blasts per long e-clip
C-200 "D3ad Man's" Rail Gun:
  • Damage: 4d6 M.D./burst, Effect; Range: 4,000'
  • Payload: 100[/color==#0080000]100 per drum

Munition Reserve:
  • Long E-Clips: 6/6
  • Single rail gun ammo drum

Conditions:
  • None at this time
Culter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Culter »

Perception: 1d100: [66] = 66 / 49%

JiC: 1d20: [9] = 9 / 1d100: [63] = 63

Conditions:

Skills:
Detect Ambush: 1d100: [52] = 52 / 65% (Watch for signs of ambush, choke points, hide aways)
Electronic Countermeasures: 1d100: [27] = 27 / 60% (Ensure no one is piggybacking on their Encrypted Channel)
(CRIT) Sensory Equipment: 1d100: [2] = 2 / 50% (Read PA Sensors, switch between installed sensors; monitor thermals)
Basic Electronics: 1d100: [71] = 71 / 75% (Watch for and jam external signals other than that one station)

Culter watches the thermals closely, tracking potential ambush points and frequencies as he can. So, some backwater radio station is still playing, means there is at least some semblance of normalcy in this area. Culter reasons regarding the broadcast as he shifts his eyes to the vantage points. Several decent ambush points to note for our next movement, Doc should be good from those, though. He concludes. When the zapper sees Howlett invited in, he shifts his position and keeps a weather eye. Alright, officially out of sight. Culter confirms as he continues his overwatch.
Drummond wrote:"Circling the building clockwise,"
"Copy. I spotted a few decent ambush points around us. Doc is inside." Culter will warn Drum and forward the navpoint of the sites so Drum knows to either avoid or watch them as he sees fit, affirming with anyone who can't see that Howlett is inside the building and out of sight over their encrypted channel. He will then fall silent and still, ready to move at a moments notice.

Active Abilities:

Active Gear:

Saving Throw Bonuses
Lethal Poison (14+):
James Howlett
Group Leader

Post by James Howlett »

Perception: 1d100: [82] = 82 /75%
Just in Case: 1d20: [17] = 17 ; 1d100: [7] = 7
Conditions: None.
CS High Command wrote:"Come on in, we don't need to let the heat out." You see them all surrounding a common heater sold by Northern Gun and Wellington. It is powered by an e-clip and two more are on a shelf for when it runs out. A few people have sidearms, but nothing that concerns the good doctor. She closes the door behind you. The men and women, and a few children seem to be engaged in games or crafts that keep the hands and mind busy, while huddled in blankets and sitting close together.

"I'm Greta Stapleton, I guess you'd say I'm the matriarch of our little farm here. How can I help you soldier?" Her voice is one that suggests she has lived a hard life, as one might guess from their experience here. Her eyes also betray a sense of loss Howlett has seen before.
James nods at the woman and follows her in. "I am Captain Howlett, I just have a question or two ma'am." James says, her face answering the most needed detail of his questions.

"Have you had to deal with anything unusual lately, strange creatures, or unusual events?" James asks, mostly to see if the woman will spill the beans.

"Are you folks the only ones here?" James asks next.

James will listen to her answers, and commit the information to memory. "Thank you for your time ma'am. We'll be out of you hair now." James says before showing himself out. These folks are either victims of ignorance, or victims of happenstance. Either way they'll like not trouble us now. James thinks as he looks to the group and makes the military hand signal for getting moving.
Captain James Howlett
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
CP-30 Laser Pulse Pistol
CP-20 Laser Pistol
Vibro-Knife
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Egan Grey »

Perception - 67%, 1d100: [68] = 68
JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13 , 1d100: [90] = 90

Egan plants himself on the road leading out of the small collection of buildings, keeping an eye in the direction of the now silent base they are here to explore. As the rest of the crew, patrol around the area and monitor the Doc inside, the scout finds himself still worrying about what other things these worms could be inside of. -I know the couple of things I spotted seem to be clean, but we don't really know much about what they can or cannot do at this point.-

His thoughts started trending darker as time passed. I'm beginning to see how people justify those purges back outside Chi-Town, fear, fear of the unknown has probably been the cause of many nasty things in the past. And probably will continue to do so far into the future. Wiping these two small collections of people off the map could be the only way to make sure we get most, if not all of them. With a shake of his head, Egan breaks that line of thinking only to fall into another. Were they taken over while still alive? or are these things taking over the dead and operating them like some kind of meat puppet?
"Bah." Exclaimed the scout as he got back to his watch over the area, waiting for the Doc to emerge so they could continue on.

Skill Rolls:
  • [Land Navigation – 92%, 1d100: [9] = 9 , PASS] - To know which direction the base is to keep watch in that direction
    [Track Humans & Robots – 85%, 1d100: [7] = 7 , PASS] - To look over the area and check for tracks and gauge whats going where and when
    [Detect Ambush (6th) - 55%, 1d100: [14] = 14 , PASS] - To keep an eye on places that look ripe for an ambush
    [Sensory Equipment - 45%, 1d100: [72] = 72 , FAIL] - To keep track of everyone on the suits systems
    [Optic Systems - 45%, 1d100: [78] = 78 , FAIL] - To function the optics through the modes while keeping watch
SSG Egan Grey aka Grayson Hender (1-8-2018)
*Wrong Side*
Stats
Hp - 54/54
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 84/74
Constant Effects: Multi-Optic Eye, Sixth Sense (-2 ISP / use; +6 init, +2 parry, +3 dodge - can't be surprised)
Current Penalties:

PA-DK-500 Death Knight
**Head: 90 / 90
Slayer Particle Beam Rifle (handheld): 50 / 50
*Forearm Lasers (2, light, concealed): 15 / 15 each
*Shoulder Demonbuster Mini-Missiles (4 per arm): 20 / 20 each missile
*Back Mini-Missile Launchers (2): 70 / 70 each
Skull Shield (large): 149 / 225
*Skull Vibro-Sword (large): 100 / 100
Shoulder Plates (2): 120 / 120 each
*Arms (2): 90 / 90 each
*Hands (2): 40 / 40 each
*UEL Cable, Reinforced: 12 / 12
Legs (2): 170 / 170 each
*Leg Thrusters (4; two per lower leg): 25 / 25 each
Back-Mounted Vertical Thrusters (2): 70 / 70 each
Main Body: 250 / 250

CA-3 Light Dead Boy Armor
Helmet: 70 / 70
Arms: 55 / 55 each
Legs: 70 / 70 each
Main Body: 80 / 80

Modifiers: -5% to climb, -10% to other physical skills
Neural-Mace built into left forearm / gauntlet
Garrote housing in left wrist
Retractable vibro-Blade mounted in right forearm (1D6 M.D.)

NG Stalker Suit
M.D.C. Protection: 12/12
Olive

Post by Olive »

Perception: 1d100: [57] = 57 / 71%
JiC d100: 1d100: [67] = 67 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [14] = 14

Olive blinks rapidly, clearing her vision. She had run on auto-pilot the last half hour since re-supply. She had followed her orders to move to the front of the group, glad she had done so since it hid most of her tiredness from the others. With the quiet walk, without the prospect of helping humans to distract her, she took the time to collect her thoughts on the past few days. Being tossed from one failed mission to an ongoing investigation. When's a girl to rest?

She gave a huff, watching her breathe float out on the cool air as she waited for the Captain to exit the building. Although she could rely on thermals to detect the insidious creatures, she had their scent now, and was trusting her psychic senses more than the sensors in her helmet. Besides, the cold air helped keep her awake and aware. "Quiet town," she mutters as she waits, "Or else they're all in there with Howlett."

Once James finishes up inside, and motions them forward once again, Olive takes a moment to sense for any supernatural or magical presence before nodding and stifling a yawn as she pulls up besides Mane, once he's done attempting to calm the children, perking up a bit of the sight of the small ones, but choosing not to say anything for the moment.
Skill Rolls
Track Psychic/Magic Energy: 1d100: [59] = 59 / 50% - Searching for anything of note.
Track Supernatural Creature: 1d100: [86] = 86 / 45%(weak); 76%(strong, actively using powers) - Keep her psychic senses on the lookout for any more of the worm creatures or otherwise.
Tracking: 1d100: [35] = 35 / 45% - Look for odd tracks or other odd signs of anything nearby.
Olive
The winter wonder-dog!
Gear and Current Status
Quick Stats
I.S.P.: 44/48
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 107/107

CA-6EX
M.D.C. by Location
  • Helmet: 100/100
  • Left Arm: 100/100
  • Right Arm: 100/100
  • Left Leg: 120/120
  • Right Leg: 120/120
  • Main Body: 200/200

CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
Damage: 3D6 S.D.C. low-powered, 1d6x10 S.D.C. low-powered burst, 2D6 M.D. single shot, 6D6 M.D. burst; Range: 2,000'
Payload: 30/30 shots

C-20 Laser Pistol
Damage: 2D6 M.D.; Range: 800'
Payload: 21/21 shots

Constant effects:
Sense Psychic and Magic Energy: Can sense psychics and magic practitioners in range. See sheet for further details. Range: 500'/60'

Recognize Psychic Scent: Can "smell" the unique psychic scent of psychics, magic practitioners, and monsters/D-Bees within range. See sheet for further details. Range: 60'

Sense Supernatural Beings: Can sense supernatural beings within range. See sheet for further details. Range: 300'/1,200'/3,000'

Sixth Sense: Triggers when in danger, and lasts until danger has passed; cannot be surprised by a sneak attack; +6 initiative, +2 parry, +3 dodge for first melee round only; I.S.P.: 2, used when first activated.
CS High Command
Game Master

Crossed Signals
Howlett wrote:"I am Captain Howlett, I just have a question or two ma'am."
She holds up a finger, pausing him. "You coming from or heading to the base up the road, Captain?" When he answers heading to it, she visibly relaxes. She glances over at another person who has been watching the ceiling and windows this whole time, Howlett realizes. This person nods, and the woman looks back at Howlett. "I'll help if I can."
Howlett wrote:"Have you had to deal with anything unusual lately, strange creatures, or unusual events?"
She cants her voice low so as not to be heard by those near them. "You mean like critters taking over folks, body snatcher like? Yeah, I seen 'em, Captain. We have a bunch of them here, using us as camouflage. I thought they were going to take us all, but instead they keep us holed up here. Things are pure out mages too. I think they are all witches, since they seem to take over cats too. Bastards cut our workforce down to the souls in this room and barely let us go out and work the fields, just enough to survive. Lost most of our animals except for the chickens. We have dozens of these heaters, present from the base, but not enough e-clips to power them. Our local minders come in and out of the base like invited guests. A group of them came by, grabbed our minders and went in force to stop someone. We could hear the explosions from here. Was that y'all? If so I hope every last one of them is dead and rotting." She says the last sentence with the vehemence of someone who has watched loved ones die, or worse, become monsters. James understands this feeling, having treated folks having dealt with similar events. When James asks if they are the only ones here, she answers, her voice still low. "The only ones that are still human. Not sure what they do to folk, but they ain't human anymore. Please tell me you're here to deal with that base of yours."

Outside the house, there are few signs of life and no people. The only life is the occasional small animal and one chicken coop filled with birds making the noises one would expect, still freshly kept as one must. The barns are locked, but they are not full of crops decomposing slowly as one might expect. No large animals either - no pigs, goats, or cows - though they have pens for them. Either its been a very hard winter or something happened to them. The road towards the base is quiet, with no signs of activity. Culter has looked through the walls with his thermal optics and can confirm everyone inside is human now. As olive walks, she sees tracks of cats, small rodents, the occasional deer or elk, and some sign of a large number of humanoid tracks heading off into a trail in the woods - vaguely towards where they were ambushed.

Not seeing anyone outside the house, Mane keeps his attention on the animals. Most animals, and even cats, that Mane scans with his thermal optics are normal. But as they come around the back of the house, they see a cat hopping onto a crate and about to climb the back of the barn turned house that is...odd. Unlike most cats, which are veritable heaters and warm more or less all over, this one is nearly cool in its head, tail, and legs. Only the mouth itself is warm, aside from the torso. The thing ceases its ascent as it sees Mane and Olive, hopping down to the ground and casually walking towards the woods in that annoying way that cats do everything. Still it is watching them curiously as it walks. Howlett is still inside, Egan is out near the fields, the skelebot is on the road in front of the house, Drum has circled back between some barsn towards the front, and Culter is at the other end of the house, near the door where Howlett entered. (Map updated)
ImageImage

Return to “CS Special Operations Group Adventure Forum”