Scheduled Maintenance:
 ! Message from: Tiree
Planned Maintenance Outage: EU and SR
When: 09DEC2020 @ 1800 PDT - approximate outage time 30 minutes

Board Issues: Report Here

A plea for help

These fuckers are too stubborn to die.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 403
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia
Contact:

Re: A plea for help

Post by Jack Killian »

Perception: 64% 1d100 = 75: 75
JIC d20: 1d20 = 18: 18
JIC: 1d100 = 40: 40

Jack sits back and looks at the Bartender and Wolf Talking.
Wolf keeps a smile on his face as he looks at the bartender, "By all means, I would be honored to have an introduction. Private introduction?" Wolf moves to leave his seat. As he does his hand brushes his radio. Wolf will sends 5 clicks over the radio to signal something has changed. Pressing the PTT down for a moment as he speaks to the bartender. "I appreciate this introduction. Anything I should know before I meet with Jameson?" Wolf will then release the PTT an turns to look over to Jack, "I'll be right back. I'll let you know if I get us some work. It should be easier than our last gig." Wolf will then follow the bartender to the back.
Jack looks at Wolf. Really, anything is better than going against an Ancient One. That is nice, leave Jack out here all alone with no Ladies around. And watching your drink.
The sword replies, This area is rich in mineral and chemical deposits. Limestone and dolomite, bituminous coal, lead, zinc, ball clay, sand and gravel, phosphate, fuller’s earth, petroleum, common clay and shale, barite and fluorite, marble, sandstone, copper, iron, gold, manganese, mica, tripoli, celestite, bauxite, granite, slate, and bentonite can all be mined in the local areas. The sword pauses briefly then asks, Are we looking into a new line of work?
Jack almost chokes on the mention of Gold> Gold? Well Micky it sounds like there is money to be made here. My buddy is looking for a job for us. And I don’t think we will be doing anything, long term. But finding some gold would be good.

Jack sees the boss walk in. Jack settles in, glad that the boss is here providing backup. Fine until Jack sees the two men nearby push their plate away and head toward the boss. Well those guys are going to be in for a surprise if they tangle with him.

Jack looks over at the others table searching for the drinks that they left, Well, if a fight starts, I can get a few more drinks. I can always trip one of them as they go after Wak. Jack looks at the other patrons, sizing them up and seeing who might try to aid the two goons.


Jack looks at the weapons that the two goons are about to wield on Wak. He will watch as a bystander. Helping with invisible help like TK. Well I haven't been in a good Bar Fight! in a long time. This might be fun and help me out of my boredom.
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
[ooc]Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.

[/ooc]
Image
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: A plea for help

Post by Wolf Whitaker »

Perception: 1d100 = 44: 44/30%
JIC: 1d20 = 4: 4; 1d100 = 10: 10


Paranoia Thought Text


[ooc=Active Effects:]
  • HF: 12
  • (Opponents must roll to save vs horror factor whenever the Gunslinger makes a serious threat (stop or else ... ) and again if and when he first draws his weapon on a character. Likewise, those who attack a Gunslinger must roll to save vs Horror Factor whenever facing the Gunslinger in a one-on-one showdown, duel, or shootout, and whenever an opponent makes his first move to attack the Gunslinger, even if the gunslinger isn't aware the character plans to attack.)
  • Integrated Sensor Pod - NE Armor
    • 360° scanning capability
    • Allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise
[/ooc]

Hannibal wrote: The Bartender Leads Wolf around the bar and stops him at the door, ”Hang on a second, let me make sure that Jameson has some time.” The bartender makes his way in the room and come out a few second later. ”It’s all good. He has time. Even sounded excited.” The bartender opens the door and motions for Wolf to walk in.

Entering the room, it is easy to see that it is set up as an office. There is another door to the left, but it is closed. The man you saw walk through is standing and immediately offers his hand in greeting. ”So, Bret tells me that you and your friend are looking for work? This is great news, business is booming and I can always use a few more hands. What kind of experience do you have?”

For all outward appearance, the man seems clean cut, well dressed and well mannered.
Wolf gives Jameson a firm handshake in greeting, "Pleasure to meet you Jameson. Yes indeed, Bret is correct. Good man you 'ave there." He wants experience. Don't tell him what you're really doing here...No Shit! You can fuck right off. Don't distract me...Well if things go down just remember to shoot first and fast. Grackletooth's don't go down easy...I know. Now shut up. "Well sir that great to hear. Good business means good credits. As far as my experience, well, I've only been out of the West a short time. New Nashville reminds me of the town I grew up in actually. Just a little place you would never have known about if you never found it. Back there I did what paid the bills. Protection, both personal and caravan work. Help a few people collect what was owed to them. It was a good time. But had a few people who took issue with some of my employers and ended up getting a little hot my my taste. Anyway, I can handle just about anything you can throw at me and my friend outside is no slouch either. Really just looking to make some good money before movin' on. Credits are credits you know. Honestly just haven't found the right place to settle down at. Looks like you did though. Although the way this place reminds me of home..." Wolf trails off and will move to a chair if one is available. He motions to it silently asking to sit. If Jameson indicates it's ok Wolf will sit. "You must be doing very well here. I can't go two steps without hearing your name. But one thing troubles me. I keep hearing about disappearances. I guess some folk haven't learned not to go into the woods at night. But what are you going to do? Can't protect people if they don't want it, am I right?" You got that right. And not like it's our responsibility to save those who won't save themselves...At least not for free.

Wolf will be ready for anything. He hopes this meeting will go well, but he is fully ready to burry Jameson if it comes to it.
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 12

[ooc=Weapons]NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6[/ooc]
[ooc=Armor: NE-BA-26]
Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
[/ooc]
NE-F50: 160/160
User avatar
Seamus Finch
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:09 pm

Re: A plea for help

Post by Seamus Finch »

Perception vs 28%: 1d100 = 66: 66
JIC: 1d100 = 26: 26| 1d20 = 6: 6
Invoke Trust Vs 20%: 1d100 = 20: 20
Charm/Impress vs 10%: 1d100 = 48: 48
Hannibal wrote: ”I am so glad I found you all, the guards didn’t see to care so much. They just kept saying he would show up. Little boys were mischievous. What does mischievous mean? My little brother is a good boy. He would never run away.”
”Mischievous means smart.” Seamus winks at the young girl. ”I am sure your brother saw something that caught his attention and he went to investigate. Let’s see if we can work out what happened. Could you tell me what happened from the moment you met with the guides that led you to this small town?” Seamus will try to track the girls tale with what he knows of the town and what he understands his comrades to be up to. Lets play cop. What can we learn from this witnesses testimony? for some reason, Seamus internal voice had developed a stereotypical old timey gangster twang, reminiscent of old black and white tele-dramas.

”When I was your age, I spent most of my time running from the law. You are brave to ask them for help, I’m sorry they didn’t seme to care. We will find your brother, don’t worry.”

[ooc=JIC Auto-Dodge] 1d20+10 = 27: 17| 1d20+10 = 24: 14| 1d20+10 = 19: 9| 1d20+10 = 25: 15| 1d20+10 = 18: 8| 1d20+10 = 23: 13[/ooc]
[ooc=Seamus Finch]
Seamus Finch
HP:43/43
SDC:106/106

Armor M.D.C.:
Helmet: 50/50 | Body:90/90
Right Arm: 40/40 | Left Arm:40/40
Right Leg:50/50 | Left Leg:50/50
[/ooc]
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 444
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC
Contact:

Re: A plea for help

Post by William Summers »

Perception: 1d100 = 43: 43/51% (+15% regarding machines and/or magic)
JIC: 1d20 = 5: 5/ 1d100 = 33: 33

"They call me the Wanderer. True to my name, here I am. I've handled a pitchfork with the best of em. Not my thing these days. My friend? He goes where he wants. On my way out of town soon? I dunno, I kinda like it here. Might see what there is to get into. But for now, I'm gonna see what passes for a beer in this place. You two are welcome to join me if you'd like. My treat." Will leads the way to the tavern and if the two men don't follow him, he just shrugs.

Once inside, he notices Wak being hollered at by the angry man and takes a position near the bar but close enough that he can prevent anything from happening if needed. Well damn, that didn't take but a second.

[ooc]Did Will see any busted machines or gemstones in the market?[/ooc]
The Man in Black
Ledger
User avatar
Lux BaghDach
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:37 pm

Re: A plea for help

Post by Lux BaghDach »

Perception 1d100 = 49: 49 /42
JIC 1d100 = 2: 2
JIC 1d20 = 18: 18

Standing outside of the tavern, Lux had a pretty good view of the whole center of town, even with the grey skies overhead.

Knowing there was movement in the tavern, she wanted to stay close, but activity over at the market caught her eye. Will was making not-exactly-pleasant looking conversion with two men. What is he getting himself into?

Seeing Will break off his conversation and walk over towards the tavern, she greets him, nodding back towards the market. "Making new friends already, are we?" Reaching towards the tavern door, "Any idea what to expect when we walk in here?"

Lux will enter the tavern with Will.
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 333
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: A plea for help

Post by John Altfeld »

Perception: 1d100 = 85: 85 / 78%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 14: 14 / 1d100 = 56: 56

CONDITIONS: John is at +1 foot, See Invisible, Impervious to Possession, Can't be Touched by Undead, Impervious to Vampire Mind Control

John looks at Seamus as Lux walks away. If you don't get out of here now, you're babysitting...

He immediately follows Lux. To Seamus, he says, "Good luck with the kid!"

Entering the town square, if Will is still being hassled by the two goons, John moves to stand behind them (the goons), waiting to see if he needs to back Will up.

Prowl: 1d100 = 33: 33 / 99%

If Will isn't being hassled (out here), John enters the tavern, taking in whatever the hell is going on in there. He moves to the bar, and orders a beer, trying to look nervous at what the rest of the group is doing, as if he didn't know them.

Performance: 1d100 = 6: 6 / 61%
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 108/108
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

[ooc=Important Combat Stats]Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).[/ooc] [ooc=Immunities and Damage Reduction]Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal[/ooc] [ooc=Enhanced Sight Effects]• Radar 400'
• See the invisible[/ooc]
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
Posts: 528
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC
Contact:

Re: A plea for help

Post by Wakiza »

Perception: 1d100 = 12: 12 / 91%
-When Amplified Hearing is applicable +15%
-When MOE is applicable +15%
-To realize you are being tailed +15%
JiC: 1d20 = 12: 12 1d100 = 48: 48

Conditions:
-Every couple of minutes Wak shifts his MOE to thermal to see if he can spot anything invisible.
-Wak is using his new skills to see if he or one of his team is being tailed. -To realize you are being tailed -- 1d100 = 20: 20 / 106%
-Telepathy Superior - 18 minute duration
Hannibal wrote: He dives deep and searches for his very specific questions. As he maneuvers through the first thug’s thoughts, he finds him pliable. He encounters some resistance but can retrieve answers to most of the questions he has. Encountering the resistance has a consequence though. Wak sees the first man gain a puzzled look initially and by the time he done routing the man’s mind he is clearly looking around the tavern.

The second man proves more difficult to read. Wak retrieves little from him. Almost instantly though the man begins looking around the room and his eyes solidly fall on Wak. The two men lean close and whisper to each other then push their plates in and stand. They both walk toward Wak. The aggressive intent and anger is dripping from the men like heavy sweat on a summer afternoon in the sun. The man Wak identified as mentally more resistant asks, ”Your new! What are you doing here?” The smell coming off the men is horrendous. It is easy to tell (painfully so) that neither man has bathed in a long time.
Wak gently lays his hand on his Widowmaker, which is perfect for close range. So they are slavers, or at least think they are slavers, either way death is coming for them. Soon! First, Wak concentrates on both of them to see if they know where Alejandra is and if they took her?

1d100 = 31: 31 / 67% Goon 1 - Where is Alejandra?
1d100 = 45: 45 / 67% Goon 1 - Did you take Alejandra?
1d100 = 81: 81 / 67% Goon 2 - Where is Alejandra?
1d100 = 55: 55 / 67% Goon 2 - Did you take Alejandra?

Wak looks as innocent as possible and smiles darkly from within his helm, "We came here to pick up drygoods and some fresh vegis, but it looks like you two want something more? A bath maybe? No, you don't believe in bathing do you! You can't possibly be looking for a fight coming up to me with that attitude?" Wak shakes his head, "You looking to die right here in this bar boys? If not, you better take a step back. If so, you better get a weapon in your hand" Wak activates the radio and speaks low enough for the two men and the radio to pick up, "You know the one thing I hate above all other things . . . the one thing I don't tolerate . . . the one thing thing that causes me to lose control . . . even blow up a simple plan . . . cowardly slavers!" Wak just waits for them to react. However, his thoughts go dark as he remembers that idiot helpless man who he killed, it feels so long ago, That idiot who was selling his own children to the Spoogs, just so they could stay on their land. Selling your own people into slavery . . . one of the most evil sins of them all and I have seen too many! Still over the radio, "Fuck it!" Wak activates two psi swords, one in each hand and he dual strikes both of them right through the middle of their heads! He then heads after Jameson, past the bartender, and says to Wolf and Jack over the radio, "Back me up!" If he confronts Jameson, he slaps a Telekinetic Force Field (-30 isp) around him. (175 MDC FF in a sphere around him)

APM: 9
Init: 1d20+11 = 23: 12

Please don't forget about Wak's Advanced Combat Awareness Wak will yell out if he feels someone drawing on them:

Attack 1: Dual strikes both of their heads! Strike 1: Spends one EP for effect - crit; Strike 2: Spends another EP for effect - crit - Damage 1: 8d6+4 = 19: 3, 1, 2, 4, 2, 1, 1, 1 x2 38 MD, Damage 2: 8d6+4 = 36: 4, 2, 3, 5, 5, 5, 3, 5 x2 72 MD
Attack 2: Activates his armor's FF while he walks past the bartender heading towards Jameson. Over the radio Wak says, "Back me up!"
Attack 3: If he confronts Jameson, He slaps a Telekinetic Force Field (-30 isp) around him. (175 MDC FF in a sphere around him)
Attack 4-9: Digs into Jameson's brain looking for answers:
1d100 = 19: 19 / 67% Who do you work for?
1d100 = 5: 5 / 67% Where so you send the people you had taken?
1d100 = 28: 28 / 67% Where do you have them taken?
1d100 = 83: 83 / 67% Why do you have them taken?
1d100 = 6: 6 / 67% Who do you have taken?
1d100 = 29: 29 / 67% How do you take them?
1d100 = 46: 46 / 67% Who tells you to take them?
1d100 = 33: 33 / 67% What do you do with them?
1d100 = 35: 35 / 67% What do you think happens to them?
1d100 = 39: 39 / 67% Where is Alejandra?
1d100 = 96: 96 / 67% Did you take Alejandra?

Contingency #1
If he breaks free activate another TK FF!

Contingency #2 (if he has to fight his way in! He will go after anyone who fires on them)
-Auto Dodge on the first two shooting at him!
Attack 3: Strike: 1d20+17 = 33: 16 Damage: 8d6+4 = 32: 5, 4, 2, 2, 4, 3, 6, 2
Attack 3: Strike: 1d20+17 = 34: 17 Damage: 8d6+4 = 39: 5, 3, 5, 5, 4, 5, 5, 3
Attack 3: Strike: 1d20+17 = 32: 15 Damage: 8d6+4 = 26: 1, 1, 6, 1, 1, 6, 3, 3
Attack 3: Strike: 1d20+17 = 20: 3 Damage: 8d6+4 = 37: 6, 2, 4, 3, 4, 6, 3, 5
Attack 3: Strike: 1d20+17 = 23: 6 Damage: 8d6+4 = 35: 3, 6, 6, 1, 2, 6, 1, 6
Attack 3: Strike: 1d20+17 = 23: 6 Damage: 8d6+4 = 34: 4, 6, 4, 4, 4, 3, 2, 3
Attack 3: Strike: 1d20+17 = 25: 8 Damage: 8d6+4 = 32: 1, 2, 4, 1, 6, 3, 5, 6

Contigency 3
If his Armor's FF goes down he activates Storm Rider Armor (-30 ppe from armor) (110 MDC)

Parry: 1d20+23 = 38: 15 1d20+23 = 27: 4 1d20+23 = 33: 10 1d20+23 = 35: 12 1d20+23 = 24: 1 1d20+23 = 26: 3 1d20+23 = 25: 2 1d20+23 = 33: 10
Auto-Dodge: 1d20+11 = 19: 8 1d20+11 = 27: 16 1d20+11 = 27: 16 1d20+11 = 22: 11 1d20+11 = 23: 12 1d20+11 = 14: 3 1d20+11 = 24: 13 1d20+11 = 20: 9 1d20+11 = 14: 3
Dodge if needed: 1d20+18 = 33: 15 1d20+18 = 20: 2 1d20+18 = 35: 17 1d20+18 = 20: 2 1d20+18 = 37: 19 1d20+18 = 19: 1 1d20+18 = 37: 19 1d20+18 = 36: 18 1d20+18 = 27: 9
Wakiza

Constant Effects
Mind Block Auto Defense (0)
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 127/219
H.P.: 80/80
S.D.C.: 124/124
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 160
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each
"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: A plea for help

Post by Wolf Whitaker »

Perception: 1d100 = 78: 78/36%
JIC: 1d20 = 4: 4; 1d100 = 77: 77


Paranoia Thought Text

[ooc=Active Effects:]
  • HF: 12
  • (Opponents must roll to save vs horror factor whenever the Gunslinger makes a serious threat (stop or else ... ) and again if and when he first draws his weapon on a character. Likewise, those who attack a Gunslinger must roll to save vs Horror Factor whenever facing the Gunslinger in a one-on-one showdown, duel, or shootout, and whenever an opponent makes his first move to attack the Gunslinger, even if the gunslinger isn't aware the character plans to attack.)
  • Integrated Sensor Pod - NE Armor
    • 360° scanning capability
    • Allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise
  • Fighting Spirit
    • Fighting Spirit
    • +1 on Initiative, to strike w/ Guns
    • +2 APM, to disarm, parry and dodge, roll w/ impact, to save vs Possession
    • +3 to strike melee,
    • +4 pull punch, to save vs Horror Factor/fear
    • Crit Strike: Natural 18-20
    • Karate kick, Jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack, Judo flip/throw.
    • Duration: 4 minutes
[/ooc]




Wolf straightens up as he hears what is going down over his radio. Well You did good up to now. Looks like its time to pull out all the stops. I will have to update Wak's threat information. I did not expect him to fly off the handle like this....Yup. Well Jameson will talk or he will die...Glad we are on the same page.

Wolf lets out a long and loud laugh to cover him turning on his FF and activating the talisman fighting spirit. (The FF is invisible until it intercepts a projectile) Palming-- 1d100 = 8: 8/60% (To turn on the FF without Jameson noticing)

Wolf will then look at Jameson as Wolf stands up, "Well this was fun but I guess my hand has been forced. To bad too." All the mirth drains from Wolf's voice as his next words come cold and direct his gray eyes unforgiving piercing through Jameson, "Now where is Alejandra? Don't deny knowledge cause we already know she was here. Now tell me or I see how many holes I can put into you before my boss comes through the door." (HF 12 Direct threat against a target. Target will also need to roll against the same HF should he take a hostile action against Wolf.) Wolf pushes his jacket back revealing his pistols and flaring his jacket tails out be hind him in a dramatic fashion as he rests his hands on his pistols.

Should Jameson make any move other then answering the question Wolf will draw and dump fire into them Grackletooth.

FF= 160/160 MDC

Combat:
APM: 10

Action 1: Draw and fire (one action to draw and shoot per OCC ability) on Jameson dual shot NE-6SL; Strike NE-6SL Right: 1d20+6 = 26: 20 Nat 20; Strike NE-SL Left: 1d20+6 = 19: 13; Damage Right: 1d4*10 = 40: 4 x2= 80 MD; Damage Left: 1d4*10 = 30: 3 MD
Action 2: Dual shot NE-6SL; Strike NE-6SL Right: 1d20+6 = 25: 19 19 Crit; Strike NE-SL Left: 1d20+6 = 15: 9; Damage Right: 1d4*10 = 10: 1 x2= 20 MD; Damage Left: 1d4*10 = 10: 1 MD
Action 3: Dual shot NE-6SL; Strike NE-6SL Right: 1d20+6 = 7: 1; Strike NE-SL Left: 1d20+6 = 9: 3; Damage Right: 1d4*10 = 30: 3 MD; Damage Left: 1d4*10 = 40: 4 MD
Action 4: Dual shot NE-6SL; Strike NE-6SL Right: 1d20+6 = 16: 10; Strike NE-SL Left: 1d20+6 = 16: 10; Damage Right: 1d4*10 = 20: 2 MD; Damage Left: 1d4*10 = 20: 2 MD
Action 5: Dual shot NE-6SL; Strike NE-6SL Right: 1d20+6 = 13: 7; Strike NE-SL Left: 1d20+6 = 17: 11; Damage Right: 1d4*10 = 20: 2 MD; Damage Left: 1d4*10 = 20: 2 MD
Action 6: Dual shot NE-6SL; Strike NE-6SL Right: 1d20+6 = 10: 4; Strike NE-SL Left: 1d20+6 = 9: 3; Damage Right: 1d4*10 = 40: 4 MD; Damage Left: 1d4*10 = 30: 3 MD
Action 7: Reload Right with Speedloader.
Action 8: Reload Left with Speedloader.
Action 9: Dual shot NE-6SL; Strike NE-6SL Right: 1d20+6 = 20: 14; Strike NE-SL Left: 1d20+6 = 10: 4; Damage Right: 1d4*10 = 30: 3 MD; Damage Left: 1d4*10 = 40: 4 MD
Action 10: Dual shot NE-6SL; Strike NE-6SL Right: 1d20+6 = 7: 1; Strike NE-SL Left: 1d20+6 = 13: 7; Damage Right: 1d4*10 = 30: 3 MD; Damage Left: 1d4*10 = 40: 4 MD

Auto-Dodge: 1d20+10 = 29: 19; 1d20+10 = 22: 12; 1d20+10 = 29: 19; 1d20+10 = 14: 4; 1d20+10 = 14: 4; 1d20+10 = 15: 5; 1d20+10 = 25: 15; 1d20+10 = 20: 10; 1d20+10 = 14: 4; 1d20+10 = 28: 18

Contingencies:
-If Wolf's FF goes down he will sacrifice an action to activate the talisman of Invincible armor from Will.
-If Wolf is disarmed he will draw the Equalizer and use that in place of the lost pistol. Add 1 to the respective strike rolls and change the damage to 5d6 with knockdown.
-If Jameson stops fighting Wolf will hold his guns to the man's head and demand answers.
-Should Jameson attempt to flee Wolf will draw the equalizer in his right hand, rather then the NE-6SL and use it for it's knockdown to keep Jameson in the room. Add 1 to the right hand strike rolls and change the damage to 5d6 with knockdown.
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 12

[ooc=Weapons]NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6[/ooc]
[ooc=Armor: NE-BA-26]
Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
[/ooc]
NE-F50: 160/160
User avatar
Hannibal
Game Master
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:35 am

Re: A plea for help

Post by Hannibal »

Date & Time wrote: Day 2.
Time: 1:15 pm
Temperature: 85 degrees with 90% Humidity.
Weather: A steady drizzle has settled in on the town.
Jack sits patiently watching the events between Wakiza and the two men unfold. He wonders to himself how young single men I the town entertain themselves with such a lack of women in the bar then remembers it is still mid-day. Being new to town he isn’t sure just what the night scene looks like yet, and with current events isn’t sure he will get to see them either. Then it happens, Jack hear the radio transmission in stereo as Wak’s voice is in front of him. The anger and rage is palpable. For the briefest of seconds Jack thinks Wak may stay in control when two swords appear in his hands and he cleaves through the men’s heads in a single swing.

Wolf enters the room with Jameson and the bartender leaves closing the door behind him. Wolf gives Jameson a firm handshake in greeting, "Pleasure to meet you Jameson. Yes indeed, Bret is correct. Good man you 'ave there." Jameson shakes his head in agreement, ”Bret has a knack for listening. It’s a good quality for a bartender. He sometimes acts as my weather vein for the community. Let’s me know what folks are grumbling about and what not.”

"Well sir that great to hear. Good business means good credits. As far as my experience, well, I've only been out of the West a short time. New Nashville reminds me of the town I grew up in actually. Just a little place you would never have known about if you never found it. Back there I did what paid the bills. Protection, both personal and caravan work. Help a few people collect what was owed to them. It was a good time. But had a few people who took issue with some of my employers and ended up getting a little hot my my taste. Anyway, I can handle just about anything you can throw at me and my friend outside is no slouch either. Really just looking to make some good money before movin' on. Credits are credits you know. Honestly just haven't found the right place to settle down at. Looks like you did though. Although the way this place reminds me of home..." Wolf trails off moves to a chair and takes a seat as Jameson gestures to do so. "You must be doing very well here. I can't go two steps without hearing your name. But one thing troubles me. I keep hearing about disappearances. I guess some folk haven't learned not to go into the woods at night. But what are you going to do? Can't protect people if they don't want it, am I right?"

Jameson smiles, ”Hard to go on noticed as the founder of the town. Even harder when you are the basically the Mayor. Business is good yes, but you bring up a good point. The disappearances are a problem. This is why I spend so much of my own profits to keep people safe. The city can’t grow much bigger if we don’t figure out a way to stop them. For now, we do what we can.” Jameson sits back in his chair still smiling.

”I like you. What did you say your name was again?” Jameson reaches into his desk draw and pulls out a cigar and lights it. ”We can use more straight shooter like you around here. People who see the bigger picture. Who can identify the problems.” He takes a couple pulls off the cigar and pasues in thought. ”How it works, you start off as transport from the river to town and back again. You protect folks, make sure they make it here and make it back. That’s our entry level. After that, if you work hard, keep you nose clean, and we trust you.” Jameson leans forward, ”Then we move you onto my personal cargo. I have some folks who just transport my cargo from town to the river and back, and some who take the cargo to various other destinations. As my trust increases, so does the pay. Starting protectors make one thousand credits a day.” Jameson stops there. Wolf gets a sense he is looking for a response to the amount offered. So far Jameson seems all smiles. Then the radio squawks loudly…

Seamus continues to try to settle the girl down, ”Mischievous means smart.” Seamus winks at the young girl. ”I am sure your brother saw something that caught his attention and he went to investigate. Let’s see if we can work out what happened. Could you tell me what happened from the moment you met with the guides that led you to this small town?”

John listens to Seamus and with an eye roll decides to follow Lux. Leaving he says, "Good luck with the kid!"

The little watches John leave then turns to Seamus, ”We didn’t follow the guides in. We don’t come from the river. There aren’t many guides coming from the forest. Most only guide from the river and back. Besides, Me and my little brother, we have been coming to town for weeks by ourselves. Never had any problems. He always likes to walk around the market and see what new things come in.”

”When I was your age, I spent most of my time running from the law. You are brave to ask them for help, I’m sorry they didn’t seem to care. We will find your brother, don’t worry.”

When Seamus mentions running from the cops the little girl steps back and looks around realizing it is just her and Seamus left, ”good people don’t run from the cops.” a nervous look grows on her face and he gets the sense she is about to bolt. Just as Seamus considers what to do, the radio squawks loudly…

Not shy, Will answers the curious men, "They call me the Wanderer. True to my name, here I am. I've handled a pitchfork with the best of em. Not my thing these days. My friend? He goes where he wants. On my way out of town soon? I dunno, I kinda like it here. Might see what there is to get into. But for now, I'm gonna see what passes for a beer in this place. You two are welcome to join me if you'd like. My treat." The two men look at each other and back at Will.

As he starts to walk away one man stops him, ”I didn’t say you could leave. Thanks for the offer, but we will pass. We have more questions for you.” The second man starts in, ”Being new and all, I’ll take it you don’t know who we are. We are town protectors. You are a suspicious interloper. It’s our job to make sure people are safe.”

As Will looks at the men he sees John walk up behind them unnoticed. John hears the last comment made by the man as he walks up. Then hears the first man start talking again, ”Folks disappear around here. We need to make sure you aren’t involved. We are gonna need you to come with us to answer a few more questions in private.” Just as Will considers his next move, He and John hear the radio quite clearly, the two men look at Will and reach for their holstered weapons.

From Lux’s vantage point she now sees two men engage Will as well. She sees John walk up behind the two men but can’t hear what they are talking about. She turns to see if the situation with wak has changed when she hears the captain clearly over the radio…
Wak looks as innocent as possible and smiles darkly from within his helm, "We came here to pick up drygoods and some fresh vegis, but it looks like you two want something more? A bath maybe? No, you don't believe in bathing do you! You can't possibly be looking for a fight coming up to me with that attitude?" Wak shakes his head, "You looking to die right here in this bar boys? If not, you better take a step back. If so, you better get a weapon in your hand" The two men look at each other puzzled then turn back to Wak.

Wak activates the radio and speaks low enough for the two men and the radio to pick up, "You know the one thing I hate above all other things . . . the one thing I don't tolerate . . . the one thing thing that causes me to lose control . . . even blow up a simple plan . . . cowardly slavers!" Wak just waits for them to react. However, his thoughts go dark, still over the radio, "Fuck it!" Wak activates two psi swords, one in each hand and he dual strikes both of them right through the middle of their heads!

From outside Lux is taken fully by surprise as she sees Wak wield the two psi swords with expert control. Each sword crossing through the middle of one man’s head. The upper half slides down and the men fall to a slump. Wak disappears from site.

He then heads after Jameson, past the bartender, and says to Wolf and Jack over the radio, "Back me up!" he walks through the door in time to see the look on Jameson’s face turn first to confusion, then to anger as Wolf stands up and says, "Well this was fun but I guess my hand has been forced. To bad too." All the mirth drains from Wolf's voice as his next words come cold and direct his gray eyes unforgiving piercing through Jameson, "Now where is Alejandra? Don't deny knowledge cause we already know she was here. Now tell me or I see how many holes I can put into you before my boss comes through the door." Wolf pushes his jacket back revealing his pistols and flaring his jacket tails out behind him in a dramatic fashion as he rests his hands on his pistols.

[ooc=Current battle groups: Roll initiative]1: Wolf, Wak, Jameson
2: Will, John, thug 1, thug 2
3: Jack, you will need to use at least one action to get to the office if you choose to head that way.
4: Lux, you have 2 actions to get to Wolf and Wak, 1 action to get in the tavern and one action to get to Will and John.
5: Seamus, you have 3 actions to get to Will and John or 5 actions to get to Wolf and Wak[/ooc]
Image
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
Posts: 528
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC
Contact:

Re: A plea for help

Post by Wakiza »

Perception: 1d100 = 58: 58 / 91%
-When Amplified Hearing is applicable +15%
-When MOE is applicable +15%
-To realize you are being tailed +15%
JiC: 1d20 = 7: 7 1d100 = 96: 96

Conditions:
-Every couple of minutes Wak shifts his MOE to thermal to see if he can spot anything invisible.
-Wak is using his new skills to see if he or one of his team is being tailed. -To realize you are being tailed -- 1d100 = 20 / 106%
-Telepathy Superior - 18 minute duration

Control yourself Wak, Control! Spirits that was probably stupid! Wak nods to Wolf as he walks into the room. He instantly surrounds Jameson with a TK FF (-30 isp) (225 MDC FF in a sphere around Jameson). Now let's see how you handle this you damn Slaver!
To Wolf, "Cover me and I'll get what we need from him. Let the others know hostilities have begun." Wak then focuses his mind on ripping whatever information they need from this creatures mind.

APM: 9
Init: 1d20+11 = 27: 16

Please don't forget about Wak's Advanced Combat Awareness. Wak will yell out if he feels someone drawing on them:

Attack 1: As he confronts Jameson, He slaps a Telekinetic Force Field (-30 isp) around him. (225 MDC FF in a sphere around Jameson) If necessary for the FF Strike 1d20+12 = 16: 4 (If he misses use the strike rolls below to get him.
Attack 2-9: Digs into Jameson's brain looking for answers:
1d100 = 47: 47 / 67% Who do you work for?
1d100 = 16: 16 / 67% Who is the monster you you send these people to?
1d100 = 19: 19 / 67% Where do you have them taken?
1d100 = 74: 74 / 67% Why do you have them taken?
1d100 = 27: 27 / 67% Who do you have taken?
1d100 = 3: 3 / 67% How do you take them?
1d100 = 67: 67 / 67% How do you ship the people?
1d100 = 51: 51 / 67% What happens to them? Or what do you think happens to them?
1d100 = 38: 38 / 67% Why did you meet with Alejandra a day ago?
1d100 = 98: 98 / 67% Where is Alejandra right now?
1d100 = 78: 78 / 67% Did you think Alejandra is?

Contingency #1
If he breaks free activate another TK FF!

Contingency #2 (if he has to fight he will go after anyone who fires on them)
-Auto Dodge on the first two shooting at him!
Attack 2: Strike: 1d20+17 = 32: 15 Damage: 8d6+4 = 28: 1, 5, 1, 3, 1, 2, 5, 6
Attack 3: Strike: 1d20+17 = 37: 20 CRIT! Damage: 8d6+4 = 41: 6, 3, 3, 6, 6, 5, 3, 5 x2= 82 MD
Attack 4: Strike: 1d20+17 = 18: 1 Damage: 8d6+4 = 31: 4, 6, 3, 5, 3, 2, 2, 2
Attack 5: Strike: 1d20+17 = 34: 17 Damage: 8d6+4 = 36: 4, 2, 3, 6, 4, 5, 6, 2
Attack 6: Strike: 1d20+17 = 31: 14 Damage: 8d6+4 = 39: 6, 6, 3, 6, 2, 5, 3, 4
Attack 7: Strike: 1d20+17 = 23: 6 Damage: 8d6+4 = 34: 6, 4, 1, 4, 5, 2, 4, 4
Attack 8: Strike: 1d20+17 = 25: 8 Damage: 8d6+4 = 31: 2, 1, 6, 3, 1, 4, 6, 4
Attack 9: Strike: 1d20+17 = 19: 2 Damage: 8d6+4 = 35: 3, 1, 6, 3, 6, 1, 5, 6

Contingency 3
If his Armor's FF goes down he activates Storm Rider Armor (-30 ppe from armor) (110 MDC)

Parry: 1d20+23 = 38: 15 1d20+23 = 34: 11 1d20+23 = 26: 3 1d20+23 = 43: 20 1d20+23 = 32: 9 1d20+23 = 30: 7 1d20+23 = 41: 18 1d20+23 = 43: 20 1d20+23 = 42: 19
Auto-Dodge: 1d20+11 = 18: 7 1d20+11 = 29: 18 1d20+11 = 17: 6 1d20+11 = 29: 18 1d20+11 = 15: 4 1d20+11 = 24: 13 1d20+11 = 17: 6 1d20+11 = 22: 11 1d20+11 = 18: 7
Dodge if needed: 1d20+18 = 27: 9 1d20+18 = 35: 17 1d20+18 = 22: 4 1d20+18 = 24: 6 1d20+18 = 20: 2 1d20+18 = 30: 12 1d20+18 = 31: 13 1d20+18 = 37: 19 1d20+18 = 28: 10
Wakiza

Constant Effects
Mind Block Auto Defense (0)
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 127/219
H.P.: 80/80
S.D.C.: 124/124
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 160
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each
"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: A plea for help

Post by Wolf Whitaker »

Perception: 1d100 = 54: 54/36%
JIC: 1d20 = 5: 5; 1d100 = 93: 93


Paranoia Thought Text


[ooc=Active Effects:]
  • HF: 12
  • (Opponents must roll to save vs horror factor whenever the Gunslinger makes a serious threat (stop or else ... ) and again if and when he first draws his weapon on a character. Likewise, those who attack a Gunslinger must roll to save vs Horror Factor whenever facing the Gunslinger in a one-on-one showdown, duel, or shootout, and whenever an opponent makes his first move to attack the Gunslinger, even if the gunslinger isn't aware the character plans to attack.)
  • Integrated Sensor Pod - NE Armor
    • 360° scanning capability
    • Allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise
    • Fighting Spirit
      • Fighting Spirit
      • +1 on Initiative, to strike w/ Guns
      • +2 APM, to disarm, parry and dodge, roll w/ impact, to save vs Possession
      • +3 to strike melee,
      • +4 pull punch, to save vs Horror Factor/fear
      • Crit Strike: Natural 18-20
      • Karate kick, Jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack, Judo flip/throw.
      • Duration: 4 minutes
[/ooc]

Wolf maintains his humorless expression as Wak enters the room. "I got your back boss." Wolf draw his pistols and keeps a position where he can fire at either door and keep a clear shot on Jameson as well. To Jameson, Wolf Says, "Move and Die." (HF 12 Direct threat against a target. Target will also need to roll against the same HF should he take a hostile action against Wolf.) Wolf keys his radio, "Hey, the boss and I have engaged the local trash. Watch yourselves. Make your way to the bar if possible to back us up."

Wolf will stand ready to drop anything that is not a teammate that tries to interfere with Wak's interrogation. Wak must be able to dig into people's minds...Not good if he ever turned that on us...Well I'm sure it might give him a shock. I'm sure he wouldn't expect you to be up here...Yes but it would be bad if he knew our every thought. You should shoot him while he is distracted...No...Ah come on. He's right there...and then we would have to deal with John, No!...Fine.

Combat:
APM: 10

Init: 1d20+22 = 36: 14

Target Priority:
1- Jameson if he breaks the forcefield or attempts to escape
2- Anyone targeting Wak
3- Anyone targeting Wolf

Action 1: Move and radio call
Action 2: Engage Hostile Target dual NE-6SL shots; Strike Right: 1d20+6 = 14: 8; Strike Left: 1d20+6 = 19: 13; Damage Right: 1d4*10 = 30: 3; Damage Left: 1d4*10 = 20: 2
Action 3: Engage Hostile Target dual NE-6SL shots; Strike Right: 1d20+6 = 8: 2; Strike Left: 1d20+6 = 25: 19 Crit; Damage Right: 1d4*10 = 20: 2; Damage Left: 1d4*10 = 40: 4 x2= 80 MD
Action 4: Engage Hostile Target dual NE-6SL shots; Strike Right: 1d20+6 = 25: 19 Crit; Strike Left: 1d20+6 = 21: 15; Damage Right: 1d4*10 = 40: 4 x2= 80 MD; Damage Left: 1d4*10 = 10: 1
Action 5: Engage Hostile Target dual NE-6SL shots; Strike Right: 1d20+6 = 9: 3; Strike Left: 1d20+6 = 10: 4; Damage Right: 1d4*10 = 30: 3; Damage Left: 1d4*10 = 20: 2
Action 6: Engage Hostile Target dual NE-6SL shots; Strike Right: 1d20+6 = 16: 10; Strike Left: 1d20+6 = 17: 11; Damage Right: 1d4*10 = 20: 2; Damage Left: 1d4*10 = 30: 3
Action 7: Engage Hostile Target dual NE-6SL shots; Strike Right: 1d20+6 = 13: 7; Strike Left: 1d20+6 = 7: 1; Damage Right: 1d4*10 = 40: 4; Damage Left: 1d4*10 = 20: 2
Action 8: Reload Right with speedloader
Action 9: Reload Left with speedloader
Action 10: Engage Hostile Target dual NE-6SL shots; Strike Right: 1d20+6 = 12: 6; Strike Left: 1d20+6 = 20: 14; Damage Right: 1d4*10 = 30: 3; Damage Left: 1d4*10 = 10: 1

Auto-Dodge: 1d20+10 = 18: 8; 1d20+10 = 12: 2; 1d20+10 = 27: 17; 1d20+10 = 24: 14; 1d20+10 = 22: 12; 1d20+10 = 22: 12; 1d20+10 = 14: 4; 1d20+10 = 26: 16; 1d20+10 = 17: 7; 1d20+10 = 26: 16

Contingencies:
-If Wolf's FF goes down he will sacrifice an action to activate the talisman of Invincible armor from Will.
-If Wolf is disarmed he will draw the Equalizer and use that in place of the lost pistol. Add 1 to the respective strike rolls and change the damage to 5d6 with knockdown.
-If Jameson stops fighting Wolf will hold his guns to the man's head and demand answers.
-Should Jameson attempt to flee Wolf will draw the equalizer in his right hand, rather then the NE-6SL and use it for it's knockdown to keep Jameson in the room. Add 1 to the right hand strike rolls and change the damage to 5d6 with knockdown.
-Should a hostile prove resistant to conventional MD weapons Wolf will switch to his thunderguns. Damage becomes 1d6*10 with the Strike rolls remaining the same.
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 12

[ooc=Weapons]NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6[/ooc]
[ooc=Armor: NE-BA-26]
Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
[/ooc]
NE-F50: 160/160
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 333
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: A plea for help

Post by John Altfeld »

Perception: 1d100 = 34: 34 / 78%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 8: 8 / 1d100 = 28: 28

CONDITIONS: John is at +1 foot, immune to possession, see invisible, radar, etc.

When the two guards start reaching for their guns, John moves up behind the one on the right, and grabs his weapon arm, keeping the gun holstered.

"Hi, I'm John," he says, "I'd recommend not pointing things at my friend. If you want to talk this out in private, let's go somewhere else."

Intimidate: 1d100 = 52: 52 / 35%

He then grows to 10 feet (that's about all my clothes can stretch to).

CONTINGENCIES: If the guards back down and agree to go elsewhere, he continues holding this guard's arm. When they're out of sight of the public, he turns to pebbles and lets Will take the lead on talking to these idiots.

If the other guard (Guard 2) tries to point a gun at Will, John uses the grappled guard (Guard 1) to hit Guard 2, then pulls Guard 1's arm off and starts slapping his friend with it.

If Guard 2 points a gun at John, he shrugs, and says. "I mean, if you want to shoot your teammate, sure." He then uses Guard 1 to block Guard 2's shots.

If more than the two Guards start coming at them in the town square, John also turns to pebbles as his first action subsequent to the combat escalation.

IF GUARD 1 IS NOT GRAPPLED, CONTINUE GRABBING AT GUARD 1 FOR USE AS A MEAT SHIELD. If anyone attacks Will instead of John, immediately begin attacking that person as primary target.

Initiative: 1d20+13 = 21: 8
ATM: 10
Action 1 - Grab Guard 1's arm. Strike: 1d20+8 = 17: 9
Action 2 - Grow to +5 feet
Action 3 - Strike: 1d20+8 = 26: 18 / Damage: 4d6+12 = 22: 2, 4, 1, 3
Action 4 - Strike: 1d20+8 = 19: 11 / Damage: 4d6+12 = 27: 6, 3, 5, 1
Action 5 - Strike: 1d20+8 = 13: 5 / Damage: 4d6+12 = 21: 4, 1, 3, 1
Action 6 - Strike: 1d20+8 = 22: 14 / Damage: 4d6+12 = 24: 1, 3, 5, 3
Action 7 - Strike: 1d20+8 = 18: 10 / Damage: 4d6+12 = 30: 6, 4, 3, 5
Action 8 - Strike: 1d20+8 = 24: 16 / Damage: 4d6+12 = 29: 5, 1, 5, 6
Action 9 - Strike: 1d20+8 = 17: 9 / Damage: 4d6+12 = 29: 6, 3, 6, 2
Action 10 - Strike: 1d20+8 = 20: 12 / Damage: 4d6+12 = 19: 2, 1, 2, 2

Parries (using Guard 1?): 1d20+12 = 18: 6, 1d20+12 = 20: 8, 1d20+12 = 17: 5, 1d20+12 = 25: 13, 1d20+12 = 16: 4, 1d20+12 = 20: 8, 1d20+12 = 27: 15, 1d20+12 = 17: 5, 1d20+12 = 17: 5, 1d20+12 = 30: 18

Auto-Dodges: 1d20+5 = 15: 10, 1d20+5 = 23: 18, 1d20+5 = 8: 3, 1d20+5 = 10: 5, 1d20+5 = 22: 17, 1d20+5 = 24: 19, 1d20+5 = 23: 18, 1d20+5 = 10: 5, 1d20+5 = 16: 11, 1d20+5 = 20: 15
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 108/108
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

[ooc=Important Combat Stats]Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).[/ooc] [ooc=Immunities and Damage Reduction]Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal[/ooc] [ooc=Enhanced Sight Effects]• Radar 400'
• See the invisible[/ooc]
User avatar
Seamus Finch
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:09 pm

Re: A plea for help

Post by Seamus Finch »

Perception vs 28%: 1d100 = 89: 89
JIC: 1d100 = 47: 47| 1d20 = 10: 10

Seamus watches as John leaves, a blank look on his face. Slowly, he realizes his current situation including where he is, and the new responsibility he dragged back to their vehicle. I cant really lock her up… Maybe I can lock down the bus so she cannot get into any trouble.
Hannibal wrote:Seamus continues to try to settle the girl down, ”Mischievous means smart.” Seamus winks at the young girl. ”I am sure your brother saw something that caught his attention and he went to investigate. Let’s see if we can work out what happened. Could you tell me what happened from the moment you met with the guides that led you to this small town?”

John listens to Seamus and with an eye roll decides to follow Lux. Leaving he says, "Good luck with the kid!"
Maybe IU ll have here cook some of the corn. Im sure we they will be hungry when everyone returns. ”Did we bring butter?” Seamus wonders to himself.
Hannibal wrote:The little [one] watches John leave then turns to Seamus, ”We didn’t follow the guides in. We don’t come from the river. There aren’t many guides coming from the forest. Most only guide from the river and back. Besides, Me and my little brother, we have been coming to town for weeks by ourselves. Never had any problems. He always likes to walk around the market and see what new things come in.”

”When I was your age, I spent most of my time running from the law. You are brave to ask them for help, I’m sorry they didn’t seem to care. We will find your brother, don’t worry.”

When Seamus mentions running from the cops the little girl steps back and looks around realizing it is just her and Seamus left, ”good people don’t run from the cops.” a nervous look grows on her face and he gets the sense she is about to bolt. Just as Seamus considers what to do, the radio squawks loudly…
Seamus eyes his radio and temporarily lowers the volume. ”Cities are big and scary. I grew up in a city. Not everyone is as helping as they are out here on the frontier. Even the police can be mean to little kids in the big cities.” Seamus will try to lock down as much of the interior of the ARTV as he can, controls and hatches alike. ”I understand if you do not want to wait here, there is not much to do.” He kicks some of the corn out of the way. ”But it is safe.” He motions to the door . ”This is the only way in and out of the vehicle, and I am watching it the entire time.” Seamus motions to the camera in the ARTV focused on the door. ”I need to go help my friends now, I think they are getting themselves into trouble and I might be able to help them. You can stay here… with the corn. I promise it’s edible.” Seamus will try and show the girl how to operate the vehicles radio and lock it onto a private channel. ”If you need anything, I will be listening to this channel and will be able to respond. But now, I am going to help my friends and find your brother. Something tells me they are already on his trail.” Seamus tries to be as reassuring to the girl as possible. ”Stay safe. I think things are going to get loud before they calm down.”

Seamus will try to make it as comfortable for the girl as possible, but not force her to stay if she tries to leave. One way or another, Seamus will begin to make his way back into town towards the rest of the squad. Hurrying, he curses himself for being on the ground. I should be airborne.

Seamus will makes his way directly towards his closest teammates and attempt to back them up in the most efficient means possible. Seeing Will and John dealing with two locals, Seamus will instinctively draw his rifle. Then he will see his two teammates and rethink his actions. ”Blackhoof requested backup. It looks like you have this handled.” He eyes his two imposing teammates, rather glad his is on their side. He wont say anything else, feeling like his compatriots have the streets handled.

Seamus will rush deeper into town and into the bar, not bothering for subtlety, attempting to follow Wak’s path. ”Im on your 6 boss, closing in now.” Seamus radios to Wak as he closes in on his two teammates.

COMBAT
Initiative: 1d20+12 = 17: 5
Action 1-3: Move to Will & Johns engagement
Action 4: Draw rifle
Action 5-6: Get into position to back up Wolf and Wak

[ooc=JIC Auto-Dodge] 1d20+10 = 16: 6| 1d20+10 = 20: 10| 1d20+10 = 16: 6| 1d20+10 = 27: 17| 1d20+10 = 22: 12| 1d20+10 = 11: 1[/ooc]
[ooc=Seamus Finch]
Seamus Finch
HP:43/43
SDC:106/106

Armor M.D.C.:
Helmet: 50/50 | Body:90/90
Right Arm: 40/40 | Left Arm:40/40
Right Leg:50/50 | Left Leg:50/50
[/ooc]
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 403
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia
Contact:

Re: A plea for help

Post by Jack Killian »

Perception: 79% 1d100 = 5: 5
JIC d20: 1d20 = 4: 4
JIC: 1d100 = 68: 68

Enhanced Perception (10 I.S.P., Rifter 25; +15% to Perception, +1 to strike, +2 to parry and dodge, and a +10% to any skill that relies on any of the basic senses)

Jack is ready for anyone to make a move. To help his friends have more time he tries to distract those Patrons in the bar. He speaks to the others in the Bar in a loud voice, “Everyone just sit down. This won’t take long. I have seen these guys take on demons and dispatch them in seconds. They just want to ask some questions. If you all behave. You don’t get hurt! And they will move on.”

He stands up and walks behind the bar pointing the net gun at the Bartender, then he continues, “My job is to make sure they get to talk undisturbed. And if that isn’t enough my friends over there will be sure to convince you.” he points to other people in the bar. Trying to make them think that there are more of them.

Jack looks for the customary weapon under the Bar. And places it out of the reach of the bartender.
If more combat Jack uses Telekinetic Force (10/50) Rifter 25 to start to the weapons tables and smash them into them and smash them into others
Combat Action (6)
INIT: 1d20+2
Action 1: Enhanced Perception
Action 2: moves to Bartender net gun.
Action 3: Strike, with net gun 1d20 = 1: 1 spending EP to get critical strike
Action 4: Telekinetic Force
Action 5: Telekinetic Force
Action 6: Telekinetic Force
Last edited by Jack Killian on Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
[ooc]Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.

[/ooc]
Image
User avatar
Lux BaghDach
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:37 pm

Re: A plea for help

Post by Lux BaghDach »

Perception: 1d100 = 69: 69 /42%
JIC 1d20 = 13: 13
JIC 1d100 = 62: 62

Seeing what just happened in the tavern, Lux knew that we were no longer going to be having an amicable conversation and getting help from Jameson to find Alejandra or any of the other missing kids.

As Seamus approached, Lux entered the tavern with him. As Seamus took off towards the back, Lux noticed Jack behind the bar. "Nobody in or out, right?" With bone staff in hand, Lux will wait by the door to assist Jack with maintaining the tavern.

APM: 6
Initiative 1d20 = 2: 2 + 4= 6

Action 1: Enter tavern
Action 2-6: Guard the door and assist Jack with tavern patrons

Contingencies:
Activate Armor of Ithan if anyone moves to attack me
Cast befuddle if anyone in the tavern acts up

Parry: 1d20 = 18: 18+10=28; 1d20 = 3: 3+10=13; 1d20 = 19: 19+10=29; 1d20 = 20: 20+10=30; 1d20 = 8: 8+10=18; 1d20 = 19: 19+10=29
Dodge: 1d20 = 18: 18+8=26; 1d20 = 8: 8+8=16; 1d20 = 1: 1+8=9; 1d20 = 19: 19+8=27; 1d20 = 5: 5+8=13; 1d20 = 18: 18+8=26
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 444
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC
Contact:

Re: A plea for help

Post by William Summers »

Perception: 1d100 = 27: 27/51% (+15% regarding machines and/or magic)
JIC: 1d20 = 18: 18/ 1d100 = 88: 88

When the men stop him, Will starts to see the situation for what it is. So they'll call me suspicious so they can pull me to the side and take care of me away from prying eyes. Or if I take them out in front of the crowd then they can play at being fallen heroes. But if what Wak just said over the radio is true, then they're probably in on the slaving, acting as "protectors" of the people while choosing who to weed out! Wak went hot, I'll play it cool.

Will armors himself up in magic and then attempts to immobilize the town protectors (scalpel) before John has to step in (hammer). He weaves magic nets and casts them at the two until they are bound. If John has a hold of them, Will attempts to make them float in the air to limit their motion.

"This was a bad way to ask for my cooperation. Yet, I'm going to be as nice to you as I can while still staying safe, ya know? So why don't you hang out here while I figure out what's going on inside, alright? Don't want to hurt you."


APM: 8
Initiative: 1d20+10 = 12: 2

Action 1: Cast Armor of Ithan. (-5 PPE)
Action 2: Cast Magic Net to contain both Town Protectors. (-4 PPE)
Action 3: Draw Flaming Sword hilt.
Actions 4-8: Reserved for Dodge.
Contingency 1: If Magic Net misses, Will uses an action to recast it.
Contingency 2: If Armor of Ithan is destroyed, Will uses an action to recast it.
Contingency 3: If John is in contact with the Town Protectors and Magic Net hasn't landed, Will casts Float on Air on the Town Protectors instead (-3 PPE per Protector).

Dodges: 1d20+7 = 20: 13 1d20+7 = 12: 5 1d20+7 = 18: 11 1d20+7 = 8: 1 1d20+7 = 18: 11 1d20+7 = 21: 14 1d20+7 = 27: 20 1d20+7 = 11: 4
The Man in Black
Ledger
User avatar
Armstrong
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:34 am

Re: A plea for help

Post by Armstrong »

Wolf and Wakiza

Jameson gives a big toothy grin as he realises what is about to go down. Something about him gives Wolf pause, not by much but enough for the big Grackle Tooth to get the drop on you. Wolf’s steely gaze does not seem to bother him as Jameson outdraws Wolf.

Luckily, Wakiza was not bothered by Jameson’s presence and manages to encase the Grackle in a Telekinetic forcefield before he can fully draw his guns and open fire. Unable to directly strike at them, Jameson starts hammering on the forcefield and Wakiza can feel the field integrity waning a lot more quickly than he hoped.


“You are going to regret this,” Jameson shouts trying force his way out. As Wakiza starts to probe Jameson’s mind, the Grack tries to fight him off, but is generally overwhelmed by Wakiza's superior Psychic ability.

Get out of my head and let me beat you to death Wakiza senses that surface thought as he batters his way into finding out what he wants to know.

Who do you work for? An image comes into his mind of the Bartender that led them in here.
Who is the monster you you send these people to? The same image remains
Where do you have them taken? He sees an image of a raft on the river
Why do you have them taken? Jameson manages to fight him off at this point
Who do you have taken? The young and those unable to defend themselves
How do you take them? Jameson seems unsure, only that they are brought to the raft
How do you ship the people? The image of the raft reappears

Partway through the questioning, Wakiza has to create another forcefield just before the first is brought down by Jameson hammering on it with both fists. Wakiza realises that he will expend his mental strength long before Jameson reaches the point of exhaustion.

Lux and Jack

Currently there is nobody behind the bar as the Bartender took the others to meet Jameson. However, nobody makes an effort to raid the bar in his absence. The patrons look around for a second as Jack speaks and helps himself to the netgun behind the bar, but mostly go back to their drinks.

Lux positions herself at the door and can see that a couple of patrons shift to make it easier to grab a weapon, but nobody makes a move or looks inclined to.

Outside, they hear the sounds of screaming and something repeatedly hitting the ground.

John and Will

John grabs the guard by the arm, preventing him from raising his rifle. The other one looks at John, who threatens him. He steps back and suddenly something hammers at him physically, knocking him back a foot. The guard who has been grabbed squirms in his grasp, but finds himself dangling in the air as John grows to 10 feet tall.

Will responds by encasing the other guard in a magic net and he falls on the floor squirming unable to move. Will is then struck as a vibro knife suddenly goes flying through the air.

John starts yanking on the guard's arm, who pleads for him to stop, but John continues. John rips the dangling guard’s arm off, after a few yanks who screams in great agony as he is dropped to the floor. He lays there trying vainly to staunch the bleeding.

Will makes the entangled guard float into the air as John keeps hammering him into the ground with the amputated arm. After a few blows, the entangled guard stops moving and the vibro knife drops to the ground after a few ineffectual swipes at Will and John. John finds himself enjoying that behaviour just a little too much.

John
[ooc](John takes a step towards becoming Miscreant)[/ooc]

Will
[ooc]Will 5 MDC damage[/ooc]

Seamus

The juicer is quick and rushes through the bar. Jack and Lux are able to point him in the direction of where the others went. With his speed, he makes it to the door, where he can hear shouting from within. As he waits, he receives an alert from the Roughnecks vehicle; somebody has opened the door.
Roughnecks AGM
User avatar
Seamus Finch
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:09 pm

Re: A plea for help

Post by Seamus Finch »

Perception vs 28%: 1d100 = 72: 72
JIC: 1d100 = 85: 85| 1d20 = 12: 12
Intimidate vs 20%: 1d100 = 46: 46%

Seamus frowns as he is notified that the door to the vehicle is opened. I shouldn’t have left her alone. Here is hoping she does not get hurt. Or break anything. The Juicer shakes his head slightly, focusing himself on the current situation.

”I am just outside your door. Ill keep this side secure unless You need assistance.” Seamus leans against the wall, turning to take in his surroundings. If he is still in clear view of the main room of the tavern, he will offer both Jack and Lux a small nod, while he keeps an eye on any other figures he sees, ready to respond to hostile action.

Seamus will open his radio to the team: "The ATRV has opened. Someone might have gotten in. Be mindful of a little girl, Lux and I promised to help find her brother." better if I tel them I left the girl alone there than they find out some other way...

If anyone does provoke violence outside the room Wak and Wolf are in, Seamus will offer a verbal warning of ”You do not want to mess with this, buddy. I am faster than you, and my friends are all stronger. I promise.” If a shot is fired against himself or a friend, Seamus will let loose with a few well placed shots, aiming at the culprits trigger fingers and associated weapon.

If Wolf or Wak request assistance, Seamus will barge through the door, still placing as many well aimed, potentially disabling shots as possible.
[ooc=Combat Actions:]Initiative: 1d20+9 = 21: 12
  • Action 1: Reserved for Dodge: 1d20+11 = 28: 17 OR open door/Enter back room Wolf and Wak are in
  • Action 2-4: Called/Aimed Shot: 1d20+14 = 22: 8| 3d6 = 11: 3, 6, 2MDC
  • Action 5-6: Aimed Shot: 1d20+14 = 30: 16| 3d6 = 6: 1, 3, 2MDC
[/ooc]
[ooc=JIC Auto-Dodge] 1d20+10 = 29: 19| 1d20+10 = 12: 2| 1d20+10 = 22: 12| 1d20+10 = 18: 8| 1d20+10 = 26: 16| 1d20+10 = 26: 16[/ooc]
[ooc=Seamus Finch]
Seamus Finch
HP:43/43
SDC:106/106

Armor M.D.C.:
Helmet: 50/50 | Body:90/90
Right Arm: 40/40 | Left Arm:40/40
Right Leg:50/50 | Left Leg:50/50
[/ooc]
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 444
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC
Contact:

Re: A plea for help

Post by William Summers »

Perception: 1d100 = 23: 23/51% (+15% regarding machines and/or magic)
JIC: 1d20 = 3: 3/ 1d100 = 35: 35

[ooc=Conditions]
  • SDC: 62/62
  • HP: 64/64
  • Personal PPE: 185/185
  • Energy Sphere: 788/800. 31/32 days
  • PPE Talisman: 50/50
  • Mage Armor:
    • Helm: 50
    • Arms: 25 each
    • Legs: 45 each
    • Main Body: 90
  • Armor of Ithan
    • MDC: 75/80
    • Duration: 15:45/16 minutes
    • Magic fire, lightning, and cold do half damage to it[/size]
[/ooc]

Well, so much for playing it cool. Damn, that arm came right off! Will nods to John. "Thanks for the backup. Until we get some more facts straight, less dismembering please." He takes a look around the plaza at the people who are at this point, definitely watching the two. "We're probably made at this point. If Wak has the bar covered, let's go secure our vehicle. I don't want anyone mucking around in there." Making his way through the crowds, Will heads toward the Roughnecks ATRV at a rapid pace, looking for what or who opened their vehicle door.
The Man in Black
Ledger
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 333
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: A plea for help

Post by John Altfeld »

Perception: 1d100 = 8: 8 / 72%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 7: 7 / 1d100 = 64: 64

CONDITIONS: John is at +5 feett, immune to possession, see invisible, radar, etc.

John stops once he's killed the guards. "I told you not to do that."

He frowns when Will 'chastises' him. "Yeah, I didn't want to. But who knows what would happen if they'd gotten a gun out. Could vaporize anyone here."

John turns to the crowd, and uses the arm of the guard he's still holding by the hand as a pointer, he gestures out over the town square. "Civilians, please remove yourselves from this area in an orderly fashion. We have evidence these men are slavers and the reason people have been disappearing."

Public Speaking: 1d100 = 36: 36 / 56%

Strong suspicions...

Then he points the stump directly at any remaining guards. "You, don't move. We'll be questioning you momentarily. Don't be idiots like these two."

John follows Will to the ATRV, keeping an eye out for any guards trying to attack them. If any guards look like they're trying to run away, he attempts to glare them down.

Intimidate: 1d100 = 30: 30 / 35%
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 108/108
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

[ooc=Important Combat Stats]Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).[/ooc] [ooc=Immunities and Damage Reduction]Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal[/ooc] [ooc=Enhanced Sight Effects]• Radar 400'
• See the invisible[/ooc]
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: A plea for help

Post by Wolf Whitaker »

Perception: 1d100 = 69: 69/36%
JIC: 1d20 = 10: 10; 1d100 = 59: 59


Paranoia Thought Text


[ooc=Active Effects:]
  • HF: 12
  • (Opponents must roll to save vs horror factor whenever the Gunslinger makes a serious threat (stop or else ... ) and again if and when he first draws his weapon on a character. Likewise, those who attack a Gunslinger must roll to save vs Horror Factor whenever facing the Gunslinger in a one-on-one showdown, duel, or shootout, and whenever an opponent makes his first move to attack the Gunslinger, even if the gunslinger isn't aware the character plans to attack.)
  • Integrated Sensor Pod - NE Armor
    • 360° scanning capability
    • Allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise
    • Fighting Spirit
      • Fighting Spirit
      • +1 on Initiative, to strike w/ Guns
      • +2 APM, to disarm, parry and dodge, roll w/ impact, to save vs Possession
      • +3 to strike melee,
      • +4 pull punch, to save vs Horror Factor/fear
      • Crit Strike: Natural 18-20
      • Karate kick, Jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack, Judo flip/throw.
      • Duration: 4 minutes
[/ooc]

HEY!! Pay attention what is wrong with you!! Get your head out of your ass or we are both going to wind up dead. Kill that fool Jameson! Wolf slightly irritated at his own hesitation ensures he has a good grip on his weapons and askes Wak, "Did you get what you needed?" Wolf makes sure his line of fire is clear and waits to engage Jameson when the shield drops.

JIC HF Roll: 1d20+9 = 25: 16

Combat:
APM: 10
HF 12 on first attack against Wolf.

Initiative: 1d20+23 = 37: 14

Action 1: Talk to Wak.
Action 2: If the shield drops engage Jameson with both NE-6SLs. Right Strike: 1d20+6 = 24: 18 CRIT; Left Strike: 1d20+6 = 10: 4; Right Damage: 1d4*10 = 20: 2X2= 40MD; Left Damage: 1d4*10 = 40: 4 MD

Action 3: If the shield drops engage Jameson with both NE-6SLs. Right Strike: 1d20+6 = 23: 17; Left Strike: 1d20+6 = 17: 11; Right Damage: 1d4*10 = 40: 4 MD; Left Damage: 1d4*10 = 30: 3 MD

Action 4: If the shield drops engage Jameson with both NE-6SLs. Right Strike: 1d20+6 = 7: 1; Left Strike: 1d20+6 = 24: 18 CRIT; Right Damage: 1d4*10 = 10: 1 MD; Left Damage: 1d4*10 = 30: 3x2= 60 MD

Action 5: If the shield drops engage Jameson with both NE-6SLs. Right Strike: 1d20+6 = 25: 19 CRIT; Left Strike: 1d20+6 = 12: 6; Right Damage: 1d4*10 = 40: 4x2= 80 MD; Left Damage: 1d4*10 = 20: 2 MD

Action 6: If the shield drops engage Jameson with both NE-6SLs. Right Strike: 1d20+6 = 15: 9; Left Strike: 1d20+6 = 20: 14; Right Damage: 1d4*10 = 20: 2 MD; Left Damage: 1d4*10 = 30: 3 MD

Action 7: If the shield drops engage Jameson with both NE-6SLs. Right Strike: 1d20+6 = 7: 1; Left Strike: 1d20+6 = 23: 17; Right Damage: 1d4*10 = 10: 1 MD; Left Damage: 1d4*10 = 30: 3 MD

Action 8: Reload Right Pistol with Speed loader

Action 9: Reload Left Pistol with Speed loader

Action 10: If the shield drops engage Jameson with both NE-6SLs. Right Strike: 1d20+6 = 20: 14; Left Strike: 1d20+6 = 22: 16; Right Damage: 1d4*10 = 10: 1 MD; Left Damage: 1d4*10 = 20: 2 MD

Auto-Dodge: 1d20+10 = 26: 16; 1d20+10 = 22: 12; 1d20+10 = 12: 2; 1d20+10 = 11: 1; 1d20+10 = 18: 8; 1d20+10 = 14: 4; 1d20+10 = 16: 6; 1d20+10 = 11: 1; 1d20+10 = 18: 8; 1d20+10 = 17: 7

Contingencies:
-If Wolf's FF goes down he will sacrifice an action to activate the talisman of Invincible armor from Will.
-If Wolf is disarmed he will draw the Equalizer and use that in place of the lost pistol. Add 1 to the respective strike rolls and change the damage to 5d6 with knockdown.
-If Jameson stops fighting Wolf will hold his guns to the man's head and demand answers.
-Should Jameson attempt to flee Wolf will draw the equalizer in his right hand, rather then the NE-6SL and use it for it's knockdown to keep Jameson in the room. Add 1 to the right hand strike rolls and change the damage to 5d6 with knockdown.
-Should a hostile prove resistant to conventional MD weapons Wolf will switch to his thunderguns. Damage becomes 1d6*10 with the Strike rolls remaining the same.
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 12

[ooc=Weapons]NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6[/ooc]
[ooc=Armor: NE-BA-26]
Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
[/ooc]
NE-F50: 160/160
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 403
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia
Contact:

Re: A plea for help

Post by Jack Killian »

Perception: 64% 1d100 = 35: 35
JIC d20: 1d20 = 17: 17
JIC: 1d100 = 51: 51
INIT: 1d20+2 = 8: 6

Conditions:
[ooc]See Aura ( 6 I.S.P.)
Enhanced Perception (10 I.S.P., Rifter 25; +15% to Perception, +1 to strike, +2 to parry and dodge, and a +10% to any skill that relies on any of the basic senses)[/ooc]

Lux entered the tavern with him. As Seamus took off towards the back, Lux noticed Jack behind the bar. "Nobody in or out, right?" With bone staff in hand, Lux will wait by the door to assist Jack with maintaining the tavern.

Jack responds, "Yep, you got the right Idea, if you see anything I'll light them up, I'm sure nobody here wants to see a burning man run around."

Jack hears the commotion outside. Jack looks at the people in the bar and keeps them occupied verbally, “Nothing to worry about strangers. Sounds like someone trying to stop me friends.”

Jack speaks to those in the Bar, after he picks up the Net gun under the Bar,( So now he has 2 Net guns?) "Now we don't need to hurt anyone out here. I want to see everyone's hands on top of the tables and heads down. So no one gets any stupid ideas. Yes you guys know who I'm talkin about. Those Idiots think that you might have us out number, but I'll open up a Wall of fire right across everyone, which will burn you to hell and half the bar along with it. So move slowly, one hand at a time or things in here will get hot very, very quickly."

To Lux "Any idiots get an Idea they want to die here, give it to them."

Once heads and hands are on the table he ask Lux, '"If you see one of them thinking of dying just go over Behind them relieve him of his weapons. The others can keep theirs till the boss comes out and says one way or another. "

With both Net Guns ready Jack is set to entangle one or shove a table using TK.
Jack is try to keep these guys busy and not knowing what happens if one starts something. they should by now know that they don't have an upper hand and anything strange happens the person is dead.

6 Actions

for use if they attack , two nets and or tk table up into them. bought post facto success that will equal 3 auto success
Strike 1 net gun use the auto Success
Strike 2 net gun use the auto Success
Strike 3 TK table into a group use the auto Success
Strike 4 Draw his Sword
Strike 5 Altess Eviscerator Sword Strike 1d20+8 = 12: 4 Damage: 6d6 = 23: 1, 4, 1, 5, 6, 6
Strike 6 Altess Eviscerator Sword Strike 1d20+8 = 9: 1 Damage: 6d6 = 24: 6, 3, 2, 1, 6, 6

his sword
Parry: 1d20+13 = 25: 12 , 1d20+13 = 30: 17 , 1d20+13 = 22: 9 , 1d20+13 = 25: 12 , 1d20+13 = 17: 4 , 1d20+13 = 24: 11
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
[ooc]Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.

[/ooc]
Image
User avatar
Lux BaghDach
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:37 pm

Re: A plea for help

Post by Lux BaghDach »

Perception 1d100 = 47: 47
JIC 1d100 = 59: 59
JIC 1d20 = 7: 7
Jack Killian wrote: "If you see one of them thinking of dying just go over Behind them relieve him of his weapons. The others can keep theirs till the boss comes out and says one way or another."
Speaking of the boss, I wonder how Wakiza is getting along in the back? Lux has seen his strength and his capabilities, and that was before his cybernetic enhancements. She was sure he had everything under control in his conversation with Jameson.

Lux takes a moment to survey the room, making note of how many people are in here, who appears armed, and who looks like they might be the biggest threats to the group. To Jack: "You got it."

APM: 6
1d20+4 = 24: 20

Actions 1-6: Guard the door and assist Jack with tavern patrons

Contingencies:
Activate Armor of Ithan if anyone moves to attack me
Cast befuddle if anyone in the tavern acts up, remove their weapons (if any)

Parry: 1d20+10 = 23: 13; 1d20+10 = 11: 1; 1d20+10 = 17: 7; 1d20+10 = 14: 4; 1d20+10 = 23: 13; 1d20+10 = 18: 8

Dodge: 1d20+8 = 22: 14; 1d20+8 = 27: 19; 1d20+8 = 10: 2; 1d20+8 = 9: 1; 1d20+8 = 27: 19; 1d20+8 = 12: 4
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
Posts: 528
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC
Contact:

Re: A plea for help

Post by Wakiza »

Perception: 1d100 = 22: 22 / 91%
-When Amplified Hearing is applicable +15%
-When MOE is applicable +15%
-To realize you are being tailed +15%
JiC: 1d20 = 6: 6 1d100 = 81: 81

Conditions:
-Every couple of minutes Wak shifts his MOE to thermal to see if he can spot anything invisible.
-Wak is using his new skills to see if he or one of his team is being tailed. -To realize you are being tailed -- 1d100 = 88: 88 / 106%
-Telepathy Superior - 18 minute duration

All right this is gonna take too long. Over the radio, "The bartender is the leader, detain him. These men are slavers, so don't hold back if they come at you with violence." To Wolf, "Blast him when the field drops." Wak refocuses his mind on blinding and stunning the creature while he is behind the FF. When the FF goes down or Wak drops it, Wak will attempt to touch him to activate Mind Bond on the creature, after that he will kill him.

APM: 9
Init: 1d20+11 = 27: 16

Please don't forget about Wak's Advanced Combat Awareness. Wak will yell out if he feels someone drawing on them:

Important steps in order: Blind Jameson, Stun him, Mind Bond with Jameson until it works, then kill him.

Attack 1: Bio Manipulation Blind Jameson (-10 isp)
Attack 2: Bio Manipulation Stun Jameson (-10 isp)
Attack 3: Drop FF and Mind Bond (-10 isp) with Jameson: Touch 1d20+12 = 14: 2
Attack 4: If the first didn't work Mind Bond (-10 isp) with Jameson: touch 1d20+12 = 31: 19
Attack 5: Strike Jameson: 1d20+17 = 30: 13 Damage: 8d6+4 = 41: 6, 5, 6, 5, 6, 3, 4, 2
Attack 6: Strike Jameson: 1d20+17 = 27: 10 Damage: 8d6+4 = 27: 2, 1, 5, 5, 2, 4, 1, 3
Attack 7: Strike Jameson: 1d20+17 = 29: 12 Damage: 8d6+4 = 37: 6, 2, 6, 4, 4, 4, 2, 5
Attack 8: Strike Jameson: 1d20+17 = 35: 18 CRIT Damage: 8d6+4 = 25: 3, 4, 1, 1, 5, 2, 2, 3 x2= 50 MD
Attack 9: Strike Jameson: 1d20+17 = 35: 18 CRIT Damage: 8d6+4 = 30: 5, 4, 4, 1, 1, 2, 4, 5 x2= 60 MD

Contingency #1 (Extra attacks if order didn't work as above )

Attack Strike Jameson: 1d20+17 = 20: 3 Damage: 8d6+4 = 31: 3, 3, 2, 4, 3, 2, 6, 4
Attack Strike Jameson: 1d20+17 = 22: 5 Damage: 8d6+4 = 32: 2, 5, 6, 4, 1, 6, 1, 3
Attack Strike Jameson: 1d20+17 = 31: 14 Damage: 8d6+4 = 34: 2, 6, 5, 2, 4, 6, 1, 4
Attack assuming first two didn't work Mind Bond (-10 isp) with Jameson: touch 1d20+12 = 23: 11
Attack assuming first three didn't work Mind Bond (-10 isp) with Jameson: touch 1d20+12 = 25: 13
Attack assuming first four didn't workMind Bond (-10 isp) with Jameson: touch 1d20+12 = 14: 2

Contingency 2
If his Armor's FF goes down he activates Storm Rider Armor (-30 ppe from armor) (110 MDC)

Parry: 1d20+23 = 24: 1 1d20+23 = 25: 2 1d20+23 = 29: 6 1d20+23 = 29: 6 1d20+23 = 42: 19 1d20+23 = 34: 11 1d20+23 = 27: 4 1d20+23 = 35: 12 1d20+23 = 42: 19
-Auto Dodge on the first two shooting at him! Auto-Dodge: 1d20+11 = 18: 7 1d20+11 = 30: 19 1d20+11 = 30: 19 1d20+11 = 15: 4 1d20+11 = 16: 5 1d20+11 = 14: 3 1d20+11 = 29: 18 1d20+11 = 14: 3 1d20+11 = 23: 12
Dodge if needed: 1d20+18 = 20: 2 1d20+18 = 22: 4 1d20+18 = 27: 9 1d20+18 = 33: 15 1d20+18 = 27: 9 1d20+18 = 32: 14 1d20+18 = 28: 10 1d20+18 = 29: 11 1d20+18 = 19: 1
Wakiza

Constant Effects
Mind Block Auto Defense (0)
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 127/219
H.P.: 80/80
S.D.C.: 124/124
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 160
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each
"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Hannibal
Game Master
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:35 am

Re: A plea for help

Post by Hannibal »

Date & Time wrote: Day 2.
Time: 2 pm
Temperature: 85 degrees with 90% Humidity.
Weather: A steady drizzle has settled in on the town.
Lux/Jack/Seamus

Seamus finds his way to the front door and radios the team, ”I am just outside your door. Ill keep this side secure unless You need assistance.” Seamus leans against the wall, turning to take in his surroundings. Inside he can see Lux but does not see Jack. From his vantage point he can see at least two table, one with two men and the other with what looks like a family. Seamus nods at Lux and keeps his eyes on the tables looking for hostilities when the ATRV Sensor alarms warns him the door is open.

Seamus will open his radio to the team: "The ATRV has opened. Someone might have gotten in. Be mindful of a little girl, Lux and I promised to help find her brother."
Inside he does not see any of the patrons moving but he can clearly hear Jack address the group.
Jack responds, "Yep, you got the right Idea, if you see anything, I'll light them up, I'm sure nobody here wants to see a burning man run around."

Jack hears the commotion outside. Jack looks at the people in the bar and keeps them occupied verbally, “Nothing to worry about strangers. Sounds like someone trying to stop me friends.”

Jack speaks to those in the Bar, after he picks up the Net gun under the Bar, "Now we don't need to hurt anyone out here. I want to see everyone's hands on top of the tables and heads down. So no one gets any stupid ideas. Yes you guys know who I'm talkin about. Those Idiots think that you might have us out number, but I'll open up a Wall of fire right across everyone, which will burn you to hell and half the bar along with it. So move slowly, one hand at a time or things in here will get hot very, very quickly."

To Lux "Any idiots get an Idea they want to die here, give it to them."

Lux Replies quickly, "You got it."

Lux and Jack have a clear take on the entire tavern. Currently inside there are 5 tables occupied. All the people at the table seem more scared than angry or intent.

The man sitting at the table in Seamus view stands up slowly and says shakily, ”All I got is 500 credits. There yours sir, please, just don’t hurt my family.” As he finishes, almost like on cue a woman from another table starts to sob loudly. Another man from a different table speaks out, ”We mostly poor farmers sir, please, please don’t hurt us.”

A woman at a table near where wak severed the heads of the two men falls to here knees, eyes focused on the blood still pouring from the open necks. She stairs and begins to scream with both hands on her own face, ”Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god! They are gonna kill us all! Oh my god!”

John/Will

The crown around John and Will had long gone silent as the on lookers watched the engagement.
With one man’s arm still in his hand he taunts the dead men shaking and pointing the arm at them. "I told you not to do that." Blood sparay from the arm splashing some on Will. A Woman in the crown screams and some of the people begin to scatter. Some are left standing, watching, trapped in the shock of what they just saw.

Will nods to John. "Thanks for the backup. Until we get some more facts straight, less dismembering please." He takes a look around the plaza at the people who are at this point, definitely watching the two. "We're probably made at this point. If Wak has the bar covered, let's go secure our vehicle. I don't want anyone mucking around in there."

He frowns when Will 'chastises' him. "Yeah, I didn't want to. But who knows what would happen if they'd gotten a gun out. Could vaporize anyone here."

John turns to the crowd, and uses the arm of the guard he's still holding by the hand as a pointer, he gestures out over the town square. "Civilians, please remove yourselves from this area in an orderly fashion. We have evidence these men are slavers and the reason people have been disappearing."
As he swings the arm to and fro the last remnants of blood spray out onto the closer onlookers. More panicked screams are heard, and the rest of the people scatter in terror.

It is at this point Seamus comes over the team radio, "The ATRV has opened. Someone might have gotten in. Be mindful of a little girl, Lux and I promised to help find her brother."
John and Will head to the ATRV John still carrying the arm in his right hand as it bumps and hits brush along the way as they hurry.

When they get to the ATRV they see the door is indeed open. There is no one outside or around it that they can see immediately. They can see what looks like some corn spread out the door and around it like someone has been in and out of the ATRV hurriedly.

Wolf/Wakiza

Wolf stand stoicly watching the beast beet on the forcefield and ask one simple question of Wak, "Did you get what you needed?"

Wak focuses on who they thought was Jameson and immediately decides his method is too slow. He radios the team, "The bartender is the leader, detain him. These men are slavers, so don't hold back if they come at you with violence." Then turn to Wolf directly and says, "Blast him when the field drops."

Wak turns back to the Grackletooth and focuses his mental onslaught to blind and stun the grackletooth. The man falls to his knees, Wak drops the forcefield and reaches out creating a bond between their two minds. Memories pour into Wak’s mind catching him off guard at first, then he calms as his instantaneous sifts through looking for answers. He steps back, opens his eyes and answers Wolf’s ismpe question, ”I do now!”

The grackletooth begins to work his way to his feet right as Wak and Wolf unload on the creature. Still overcome by blindness and the mental pain of the stun it takes round after round with no attempt to defend itself. Riddled with holes the body eventually slumps to the ground lifeless.

[ooc=Mind bond]Initial images of interest
-The grackletooth shaking the bartenders hand agreeing to pretend to be Jameson.
-The over whelming understanding, the bartender is Jameson.
-The grackletooth’s belief the people are being used as mining slaves out west and into Mexico to mine for silver
-The complete understanding that the people are shipped to and through merctown via simple unassuming rafts. Once in Merctown they are shipped out in various ways. The grackletooth does not deal directly with the Merctown division. He does know the shippers are meeting with a man named Johnny.
-You can probe the memories for more questions at will for the next GM post[/ooc]

[ooc=Note to Wak]I used your JIC for the %roll with mind block for reaching out to a disturbed mind. Please roll save vs insanity for me in your next post.[/ooc]

All players I need you to review your character sheets and review what was on the ATRV. Some of you already have notes as such. At least one of you has multiple large guns hanging from you harness which is supposed to hold smallish items (magazines and such). Please have this done by/before the next GM post. The AGM will be looking at character sheets for feasibility of what you are actually carrying on your person. If we find it doesn’t makes sense and you haven’t already made notes we will correct.
Image
User avatar
Seamus Finch
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:09 pm

Re: A plea for help

Post by Seamus Finch »

Perception vs 28%: 1d100 = 6: 6
JIC: 1d100 = 64: 64| 1d20 = 10: 10
Wakiza wrote: "The bartender is the leader, detain him. These men are slavers, so don't hold back if they come at you with violence."
Seamus looks around at the locals, looking for any who might be acting in a way more calm and collected than the typical residents who seemed to begin to be panicking. ”Do you have an image of the target? There are a lot of bodies out here.” Whats the chances that dimensional rift behind the town is where the dude fled to? Knowing my luck…

Seamus will look around, trying to determine his best plan of action. More than ever, he wished he was airborne. Things seemed so much simpler when he was above the ground. Still, the Juicer will stand his post, making sure no one manages to surprise those inside the tavern. The pleas for help and panic wash right over the solider; he had been conditioned to resist such through his Coalition training. It did make his current job slightly more unpleasant however. He will remain in position unless another order is given. ”Boss, the locals are starting to panic out here. We might be beginning to outstay our welcome.”
[ooc=Seamus Finch]
Seamus Finch
HP:43/43
SDC:106/106

Armor M.D.C.:
Helmet: 50/50 | Body:90/90
Right Arm: 40/40 | Left Arm:40/40
Right Leg:50/50 | Left Leg:50/50
[/ooc]
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 444
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC
Contact:

Re: A plea for help

Post by William Summers »

Perception: 1d100 = 63: 63/51% (+15% regarding machines and/or magic)
JIC: 1d20 = 13: 13/ 1d100 = 33: 33

[ooc=Conditions]
  • SDC: 62/62
  • HP: 64/64
  • Personal PPE: 185/185
  • Energy Sphere: 783/800. 31/32 days
  • PPE Talisman: 50/50
  • Mage Armor:
    • Helm: 50
    • Arms: 25 each
    • Legs: 45 each
    • Main Body: 90
  • Armor of Ithan
    • MDC: 80/80
    • Duration: 16:00/16 minutes
    • Magic fire, lightning, and cold do half damage to it
[/ooc]

"ATRV door's open. Trail of...corn out the door? I'll track. " Hitting his radio, he speaks specifically to John. "Secure the vehicle. Make sure no one is still in there. And see if they took anything. And make sure it's locked when you're done." First, Will renews his magical protection via Armor of Ithan (-5 PPE). Next, Will looks through the Eye of Odin for any invisible beings hiding. He then pays close attention to the spread of the corn leading out of the vehicle for clues. He looks for footprints or other tracks. Any items of theirs that got dropped, he'll pick up quickly. If Will manages to find the culprit, he will cast Light Target on them and continue following them closely.

Tracking: 5d100: 73, 98, 60, 3, 80/83%
The Man in Black
Ledger
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: A plea for help

Post by Wolf Whitaker »

Perception: 1d100 = 22: 22/36%
JIC: 1d20 = 16: 16; 1d100 = 80: 80


Paranoia Thought Text


[ooc=Active Effects:]
  • HF: 12
  • (Opponents must roll to save vs horror factor whenever the Gunslinger makes a serious threat (stop or else ... ) and again if and when he first draws his weapon on a character. Likewise, those who attack a Gunslinger must roll to save vs Horror Factor whenever facing the Gunslinger in a one-on-one showdown, duel, or shootout, and whenever an opponent makes his first move to attack the Gunslinger, even if the gunslinger isn't aware the character plans to attack.)
  • Integrated Sensor Pod - NE Armor
    • 360° scanning capability
    • Allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise
[/ooc]


As the Grackletooth falls still, Wolf moves to it's side and fires one last shot through it's head to be sure. Nice shooting. But you were lucky it wasn't moving too much...I know that. I still can't believe he got the drop on me at first. I need more practice...You've gone soft. You can't trust those around you. You need to be able to take them when they turn on you. Cause they will. Make my words they will all turn on you...Maybe. I need more work on the draw. Can't let this happen again that's for sure...ensure it doesn't. Wolf then secures the man's weapons before quickly topping off his pistols from his 52 round bandoleer and moves to check the other door leading out of the room. Wolf well open and clear the room next to the one they are in. Assuming it is empty Wolf will look back to Wak. "All clear! Sorry Boss. I talked to that bartender for a few hours. I didn't give him anything about us, but they played their rolls well I must say. I didn't see it. Jack knows what the man looks like. We're going after him right?" Wolf will key his radio and provide the roughnecks with a description of Jameson the bartender.

Wolf will secure all his speedloaders and refill them from his bandoleer, making sure they are topped off before exiting. Wolf will move with Wak where ever he decides is best to go. Knowing there is not much that can standup to the two of them.
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 12

[ooc=Weapons]NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6[/ooc]
[ooc=Armor: NE-BA-26]
Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
[/ooc]
NE-F50: 160/160
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
Posts: 528
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC
Contact:

Re: A plea for help

Post by Wakiza »

Perception: 1d100 = 52: 52 / 91%
-When Amplified Hearing is applicable +15%
-When MOE is applicable +15%
-To realize you are being tailed +15%
JiC: 1d20 = 6: 6 1d100 = 37: 37

Save vs Insanity: 1d20+10 = 13: 3

Conditions:
-Every couple of minutes Wak shifts his MOE to thermal to see if he can spot anything invisible.
-Wak is using his new skills to see if he or one of his team is being tailed. -To realize you are being tailed -- 1d100 = 87: 87 / 106%
-Telepathy Superior - 17 minute duration
-Mind Bond with the Grackletooth 3d4 = 6: 2, 2, 2 hours

As the rush of information flows over him, Whoa, they weren't kidding . . . that is the strangest feeling ever. Basically living someone else life.
Wak smiles to Wolf, "Good shooting Wolf. No worries, there was no way we could know." Over the radio, "These guys have been collecting slaves and running them through contacts in Merctown to ship them out west and to Mexico. I think our girl might have been on that raft we passed. Take Wolf's description and find that damn bartender. Any problems at our RV? Check it for booby traps."

Wak accesses the memories to see if there is a local hiding spot the bartender might go to. He also looks to see if there are any stashes of cash, gear, or equipment nearby. Or in Merctown. He quickly looks to see what the extreme emotional disturbance was caused by. Next, the names and faces of everyone who collected slaves for either Jameson. He follows Wolf back into the main room. Is there any slavers here? To the patrons. "Calm down, we are here after slavers, if you aren't one you have nothing to fear from us." Wak will make sure that they have cleared this building.

Detect Ambush-- 1d100 = 30: 30 / 84%
Detect Concealment-- 1d100 = 23: 23 / 79%
Wakiza

Constant Effects
Mind Block Auto Defense (0)
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 127/219
H.P.: 80/80
S.D.C.: 124/124
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 160
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each
"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Lux BaghDach
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:37 pm

Re: A plea for help

Post by Lux BaghDach »

Perception 1d100 = 51: 51 /42%
JIC 1d100 = 30: 30
JIC 1d20 = 3: 3


Lux could see the emotional climate in the bar was escalating, which if left uncontained, could lead to chaos. We don't need to add chaos to this mix. Deep breath, soft smile, look non-threatening. "Everyone, please stay seated. We are not here for your money, and we certainly have no intention of killing any of you. We are only here to help recover missing children. You do not need to fear us." Hopefully none of them saw out the window to the square, where one of their folk's arms are now being used as oversized pointer.

Hearing Will over the radio, Lux was having a sinking feeling about their decision to bring the girl back to the vehicle. I hope she didn't play us, using our good nature against us as a ploy just to steal from us, or worse.

"Has anyone here seen the bartender? I think everyone here could use a drink." Hopefully one of these patrons will unwittingly identify the bartender so that he can be detained and we can all be on our way.


APM: 6
1d20+4 = 23: 19

Actions 1-6: Guard the door and assist Jack with tavern patrons

Contingencies:
Activate Armor of Ithan if anyone moves to attack me
Cast befuddle if anyone in the tavern acts up, remove their weapons (if any)

Parry: 1d20+10 = 26: 16, 1d20+10 = 15: 5, 1d20+10 = 29: 19, 1d20+10 = 13: 3, 1d20+10 = 30: 20, 1d20+10 = 12: 2

Dodge: 1d20+8 = 24: 16, 1d20+8 = 15: 7, 1d20+8 = 17: 9, 1d20+8 = 24: 16, 1d20+8 = 17: 9, 1d20+8 = 10: 2
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 333
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: A plea for help

Post by John Altfeld »

Perception: 1d100 = 91: 91 / 73%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 3: 3 / 1d100 = 59: 59

CONDITIONS: +5 feet, radar, see invisible, etc.

John looks at the open door of the ATRV, extremely confused. Didn't we leave that new guy here?!?

When Will offers to track, John gives him a thumbs up and goes to see if anything's missing from inside and/or if there are traps of some kind that have been put in place. He is particularly concerned about making sure the little girl is safe and that there are no slavers.

He tosses the arm into the forest before he enters the ship.
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 108/108
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

[ooc=Important Combat Stats]Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).[/ooc] [ooc=Immunities and Damage Reduction]Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal[/ooc] [ooc=Enhanced Sight Effects]• Radar 400'
• See the invisible[/ooc]
User avatar
Hannibal
Game Master
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:35 am

Re: A plea for help

Post by Hannibal »

Date & Time wrote: Day 2.
Time: 2:15 pm
Temperature: 85 degrees with 90% Humidity.
Weather: The rain has stopped; the sun is out. The team can feel the humidity rising back into the sky from the ground.
John/Will

Will quickly radios the team, "ATRV door's open. Trail of...corn out the door? I'll track," then turns to the teams scout and says, "Secure the vehicle. Make sure no one is still in there. And see if they took anything. And make sure it's locked when you're done."

John gives the wander a thumbs up and heads into the ATRV. Inside the ATRV John immediately sees the place has been tossed, he looks for the little girl, but she is nowhere to be found. He looks around and in a couple minutes is able to locate all of his items. Not fully familiar with what the rest of the team has for equipment he has trouble saying for sure what is missing. He does seem to think he recalls a romper stomper being in the ATRV cargo hold but it isn’t there at the moment. He wonders if it is a past memory or not but isn’t sure.

Will instantly searches the area around the ATRV. He locates tracks from the team and can clearly see tracks of the little girl leading up to the ATRV but nothing leading away. What he does find are what seem to be tire tracks heading away from the airlock and heading in the direction of the river.

Wolf/Wak

Wolf apologizes to wak, "All clear! Sorry Boss. I talked to that bartender for a few hours. I didn't give him anything about us, but they played their rolls well I must say. I didn't see it. Jack knows what the man looks like. We're going after him right?" Then readies himself for what might lay ahead.

Wak reassures the gunslinger, "Good shooting Wolf. No worries, there was no way we could know,” then addresses the team on the radio. ” "These guys have been collecting slaves and running them through contacts in Merctown to ship them out west and to Mexico. I think our girl might have been on that raft we passed. Take Wolf's description and find that damn bartender. Any problems at our RV? Check it for booby traps."

Wak reflects on the grackle tooth’s life memories, looking for the dark moments. He flashes on visions of the beast in a cage, humans surrounding him and poking him with sticks. They laugh and spit on the grackle tooth. Some go so far as to urinate on him. One man slams the grackle tooth in the head with a large bat, ”God damn D-bee… your gonna die, slowly. This is our planet!” The men torturing the grackle tooth seem to be wearing coalition uniforms.

Shaken and left feeling vulnerable and violated Wak pushes into other thoughts. He searches the memories for the faces of the men working for Jameson. He sees many faces flash before his eyes and also gets a sense that not all the men know what is happening. He quickly realizes that they test the men before letting them in on what is happening. Only about half the men actually know they are steeling people and shipping them out.

Wak then searches for connection to Merctown and finds nothing save a single memory of a conversation with he real Jameson and a single mention of a name, ”Steve.”

Wak and Wolf walk back into the main hall of the tavern in time to see a man standing and pointing. Wak scans the room and does not see any familiar faces.

(For the remaining time Wak holds Faux Jameson’s memories he will feel vulnerable, and anger towards humans and especially coalition. He will have little trust for non-d-bees. This will fade once the mind bond fades. 6 hrs total.)

Lux/Jack/Seamus

When Wak let’s the team know the bartender was the real target Seamus looks around and realizes that he has no clue who that is, ”Do you have an image of the target? There are a lot of bodies out here.” Looking around and realizing that some of the people are starting to panic he decides to let the team know they may have an issue, color=blue]”Boss, the locals are starting to panic out here. We might be beginning to outstay our welcome.”[/color]

He holds solid like a good heartless coalition soldier would and ignores the please for help and tears from the children.

Lux steps up and tries to reassure the patrons that the roughnecks are not the bad guys, "Everyone, please stay seated. We are not here for your money, and we certainly have no intention of killing any of you. We are only here to help recover missing children. You do not need to fear us." In an attempt to find the bartender she tires to elicit their help, "Has anyone here seen the bartender? I think everyone here could use a drink."

Jack stands silently watching the crowd and ready to handle anyone who steps out of line.

A man stands up from the table, ”I saw the bartender.” He points to the door leading out the back of the building, ”He went to the bathroom, right after he showed those other fellas in to see Jameson.”
Image
Post Reply

Return to “The Roughnecks Adventure Forum”