A plea for help

These fuckers are too stubborn to die.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Hannibal
Game Master
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:35 am

Re: A plea for help

Post by Hannibal »

Date & Time wrote: Day 2.
Time: 3 pm
Temperature: 85 degrees with 90% Humidity.
Weather: The rain has stopped; the sun is out. The team can feel the humidity rising back into the sky from the ground.
Will/John

Will tries to assure the girl she is safe. "No one here will hurt you. This vehicle is our property. It was stolen from us. How did you get here? And who are your people, so we can get you to them?" As he asks these questions, he scans the young girl's aura, to make sure that she isn't pulling a fast one on them. He sees nothing in the girl's aura to suggest an anomaly. A perfectly normal little girl.

John, still spattered in slaver blood, looks at the little girl as she cowers and Will tries to calm her. He shrinks down to a mere +1 foot and holds out his hands in front of him. "Little girl, as Mr. Wanderer said, no one is going to hurt you. Even if you're a dragon, I doubt you could tie yourself up like this."

At the mention of being a dragon the girl shrinks back, she looks John up and down confused and a little more frightened by the site of the blood. "Your from the ship." She says shakily acknowledging she recognizes him. "What happened to you? Is that, blood?"

John continues, "I guess introductions are in order. Wanderer, this is a little girl Seamus and Lux brought to the ATRV because she was in trouble or something. She likes corn. Little girl, this is Mr. Wanderer."

The girl turns to Will, "The barkeep, he hit me." The girls starts crying, seemingly traumatized from the incident. "I thought I was going to die." She says between sobs. "I just want to find my brother. I just want my mother. Why is this happening to me?"

He rubs the top of his head awkwardly and waits until she finishes answering Will's questions. Assuming she says a guy came, hit her and tied her up, John asks, "Did he look like [Wolf's description of BARTENDER]?"

The girl nods, "That's him. Why would he do this. I never did anything to him. Is he still out there?"

He adds, muttering, "If you're a dragon, you have to tell us you're a dragon. It's the dragon code."

The girl looks at John again, shock overwhelmingly covering her face, "Are you ok sir? Why do you keep asking me about dragons." She looks at Will and asks, "Is he on something?" The girl trembles uncontrolled and begins to sob again.

Once things have calmed down, John notifies Seamus of their current status and says, "Yeah, you're going to need to come here. This is taking longer than expected. On the upside, we saved your little girl."

Seamus/Wak/Wolf/Lux

At the ATRV wolf realizes their leadership is lacking at the moment. Seeing Wak stand there silently drooling on himself he decides to take charge of the situation. "Ok lets get loaded up. Seamus get us to John and Will." Wolf moves Wak into the passenger area and straps the catatonic man into a seat. Looking into his eyes he sees emptiness of thought. Wolf then straps himself in and follows John's radio transmission with a general question, "Anyone want to explain why there is a cargo hold full of corn?"

Arriving at the buggy they see John and Will standing outside the buggy. Wolf asks, "So did you get anything from the girl? Any idea where this Jameson is heading?" He can see in front of the two a small girl lying on the floor, still bound and crying. The girl looks out the door aware that more people arrived, "What will you do with me?

Looking past the three men she sees Seamus and yells to him, "Seamus, don't let them hurt me. Please!" The girl then turns her attention to John, Will and now Wolf standing closely outside the door. "I don't know much, he found me me in the ship, he hit me and tied me up. Then he took me. I thought I would die. He was talking on the radio, he said a name, Butch. He told him he was coming back. He said he was in trouble. When the buggy stopped and he got out, I prayed. I prayed he wouldn't kill me."

It is pretty clear the girl is traumatized and from what the group can tell she is telling the truth. The men see a single moment of clarity in her eyes and she adds, "he said something about the docks, or maybe dockside and told him to get ready."

With the group back together Seamus quickly realizes an important fact. He never saw Jack get in the ATRV.
Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 368
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia
Contact:

Re: A plea for help

Post by Jack Killian »

Perception: 79% Per 1d100: [15] = 15
JIC d20: JIC1 d20: [11] = 11
JIC: 100 JIc 1d100: [44] = 44

(The Romper stomper is a huge vehicle, 5' tall with legs retracted, to 25' with legs at full 20' extension; 11' wide between the wheels/legs, overall width is 14'; 18' long. I did not take it, floor plan of the Hover does not allow it.)

Jack head out of the Place when the others leave, bringing up the rear and making sure no one gets any smart ideas.
As the others enter, he turns to make sure the hatch is secured he speaks up over the radio, “Hatch is secured and we are ready to go. Any Idea of where that will be?”

Jack looks at the others wondering what is going on.
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 42/ 42 MD
S.D.C.: 90/ 90

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.

CN-1 Net

Skorblade Short Sword
Damage: 1D8 M.D.
Weight: 3 lbs.
Features: excellent balance and craftsmanship
Modifiers: +1 to strike and parry
Book Reference: p.152, MercOps

TW "Dragonfire" Flamethrower
Range: 100'
Damage: single Shot: 1D6x10 M.D.
Spray: 1D6x10 M.D. to all targets in a 100' long & 10' wide arc (3 APM)
Rate of Fire: single shots & sprays only
Payload: 5 blasts per P.P.E. clip
Weight: 8 lbs.



Sense the Presence of Spirits Amulet

The amulet changes color whenever an entity is within 100'

Image
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: A plea for help

Post by Wolf Whitaker »

Perception: 1d100: [29] = 29 /36%
JIC: 1d20: [18] = 18 ; 1d100: [65] = 65


Paranoia Thought Text

Active Effects:
  • HF: 12
  • (Opponents must roll to save vs horror factor whenever the Gunslinger makes a serious threat (stop or else ... ) and again if and when he first draws his weapon on a character. Likewise, those who attack a Gunslinger must roll to save vs Horror Factor whenever facing the Gunslinger in a one-on-one showdown, duel, or shootout, and whenever an opponent makes his first move to attack the Gunslinger, even if the gunslinger isn't aware the character plans to attack.)
  • Integrated Sensor Pod - NE Armor
    • 360° scanning capability
    • Allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise
Wolf looks down on the girl, still bound, hearing the truth behind her words. Wolf moves to kneel beside the girl and pulls his knife from his boot. "If he didn't kill you then it was not you time. Please don't move." Wolf's voice is neither warm or caring, but rather dry and cold. Wolf cuts the bindings from the girl and returns his knife to his boot.

Look at you being the nice guy...Fuck off. This is just the best way to get information from the brat. He didn't kill her so she still has a purpose to fulfill...True. But then it should be said that while you shouldn't kill her, I would not have released her...Do you remember what it was like at that age?...I do. I remember very clearly staring down the barrel of a gun at her age. You handled it much better then she has...I'm not sure I handled it well at all, but nothing to do about it now...Just got to keep living...Exactly.

As he stands Wolf looks to the others. "Do you know what docks she is talking about? Seamus, you did a perimeter walk do you see anything like that?"

Wolf looks around, "I'm sure this was bait to get us away from the town. If the docks are near the town the he likely doubled back and left the girl to make us waste time. We should get moving while we can. The clock is ticking on our contract."
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 12
Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6
Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
NE-F50: 160/160

Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 342
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: A plea for help

Post by John Altfeld »

Perception: 1d100: [40] = 40 / 78%
JIC: 1d20: [3] = 3 / 1d100: [7] = 7

CONDITIONS: John is at +1 foot

John is literally reaching out to free the little girl, when Wolf steps in. He kneels down in front of her.

"You shouldn't stand up immediately, being tied up is no fun and cuts the blood off to your legs." He smiles, "I'm John, what's your name? I keep asking about dragons because they can shapeshift and we have a bad habit of running into them."

After she answers, he says, "You're being very brave. The man who attacked you likely also took your brother. He and his men are slavers. We're going to try to stop him and save your brother, so if you can remember anything else he said, you'll be a hero. Heroine."

After she tells the team anything else, John adds, "Did he say 'the docks' or 'dockside?' I know it's hard to remember."

When she's done speaking, John turns to Will, "So I'm guessing they went to MercTown? I don't know of any other docks or a place called 'dockside' anywhere else near here unless they went to Whykin, which seems unlikely. Can you make LITTLEGIRLNAME fly and maybe we can stash the ATRV or put it at the bottom of the river to pick up later while we fly ahead? You might have to suck magic juice out of everyone. But your Very Fast Flying spell might let us get ahead of our target before he gets far. At least catch up at the docks."

Once decisions have been made, he sidles over to Wolf and says quietly, "The corn is our floor corn. We now have a good way to manipulate this town with 'free' food."
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 108/108
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290
Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 900'
• See the invisible
User avatar
Seamus Finch
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:09 pm

Re: A plea for help

Post by Seamus Finch »

Perception vs 28%: 1d100<28: [92] = 0
JIC: 1d100: [24] = 24 | 1d20: [10] = 10
Pilot Hovercraft: 1d100<75: [76] = 0
Sensory Equipment: 1d100<55: [18*] = 1
Navigation: 1d100<70: [51*] = 1
John Altfeld wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:07 pm "Yeah, you're going to need to come here. This is taking longer than expected. On the upside, we saved your little girl."
”Roger that. Eta 5 mics.” Seamus begins the final powerup step on the vehicle. nice and steady this time.
Wolf Whitaker wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:19 pmWolf looks to those around him. "Ok lets get loaded up. Seamus get us to John and Will." Wolf will move Wak into the passenger area and help secure him to a seat given that the man is still catatonic. Wolf will then strap himself in in preparation for Seamus taking them to John and Will. Wolf will key his mic, "Anyone want to explain why there is a cargo hold full of corn?"
”Find a seat boys! We are going to take a short hop to pick up the rest of the squad. You’re going to have to ask John about the corn. Something about a good deal I believe.”

Seamus makes sure everyone gives the affirmative that they are prepared before lifting the hovercraft off of the ground. Finding a clear spot to land, the juicer will do his best at a soft landing. ” Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking: we have arrived. the Juicer makes sure he is the last out of the hovercraft- locking it behind him this time.
Hannibal wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:10 amLooking past the three men she sees Seamus and yells to him, "Seamus, don't let them hurt me. Please!" The girl then turns her attention to John, Will and now Wolf standing closely outside the door. "I don't know much, he found me me in the ship, he hit me and tied me up. Then he took me. I thought I would die. He was talking on the radio, he said a name, Butch. He told him he was coming back. He said he was in trouble. When the buggy stopped and he got out, I prayed. I prayed he wouldn't kill me."

It is pretty clear the girl is traumatized and from what the group can tell she is telling the truth. The men see a single moment of clarity in her eyes and she adds, "he said something about the docks, or maybe dockside and told him to get ready."

With the group back together Seamus quickly realizes an important fact. He never saw Jack get in the ATRV.
”Don’t worry girl, they wont kill ya.” did I ever even get her name? ”I’m glad you survived this Butch guy. What my friends are saying is true. We will find them, and your brother.” He pauses. ”Did you try the floor corn?” He offers her a cob. I am no good at this compassion crap. Still, something inside the pilot told him to try.
Wolf Whitaker wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:40 amAs he stands Wolf looks to the others. "Do you know what docks she is talking about? Seamus, you did a perimeter walk do you see anything like that?"

Wolf looks around, "I'm sure this was bait to get us away from the town. If the docks are near the town the he likely doubled back and left the girl to make us waste time. We should get moving while we can. The clock is ticking on our contract."
Seamus will shake his head. Beyond what passes for a dock at the river, we saw notrhing that could be called that. He will shake his head. ”Lux did find an active rift out back behind town. If I had to guess, that might be our connection to Mexico.”
John Altfeld wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:43 pmWhen she's done speaking, John turns to Will, "So I'm guessing they went to MercTown? I don't know of any other docks or a place called 'dockside' anywhere else near here unless they went to Whykin, which seems unlikely. Can you make LITTLEGIRLNAME fly and maybe we can stash the ATRV or put it at the bottom of the river to pick up later while we fly ahead? You might have to suck magic juice out of everyone. But your Very Fast Flying spell might let us get ahead of our target before he gets far. At least catch up at the docks."

Once decisions have been made, he sidles over to Wolf and says quietly, "The corn is our floor corn. We now have a good way to manipulate this town with 'free' food."
Seamus nods. ”That would be my guess to. There is a lot of shipping that goes through MercTown. A shipping crate full of slave could easily get los tin the logistics of it all. If enough people were bought off.”

He will look to Wolf. ”I can get us back to Merctown asap. My Icarus can go three times as fast as the Naruni if you want me back there faster.” What would I do at the Merctown docks alone?
JIC Auto-Dodge
1d20+10: [18]+10 = 28 | 1d20+10: [5]+10 = 15 | 1d20+10: [5]+10 = 15 | 1d20+10: [1]+10 = 11 | 1d20+10: [7]+10 = 17 | 1d20+10: [9]+10 = 19
Seamus Finch

Seamus Finch
HP:43/43
SDC:106/106

Armor M.D.C.:
Helmet: 50/50 | Body:90/90
Right Arm: 40/40 | Left Arm:40/40
Right Leg:50/50 | Left Leg:50/50
User avatar
Lux BaghDach
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:37 pm

Re: A plea for help

Post by Lux BaghDach »

Perception 1d100 1d100: [72] = 72
JIC 1d20 1d20: [8] = 8
JIC 1d100 1d100: [53] = 53

With the vehicle and the girl back in our possession, Lux could breathe a small sigh of relief. But looking around, we are still a long way away from being in the clear.

"Did we want a group to check out the dimensional anomaly out beyond town? Or should we all head on to the docks to search for Jameson?"
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 448
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC
Contact:

Re: A plea for help

Post by William Summers »

Perception: 1d100: [47] = 47 /51% (+15% regarding machines and/or magic)
JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4 / 1d100: [52] = 52
Conditions
  • SDC: 62/62
  • HP: 64/64
  • Personal PPE: 185/185
  • Energy Sphere: 760/800. 31/32 days
  • PPE Talisman: 50/50
  • Mage Armor:
    • Helm: 50
    • Arms: 25 each
    • Legs: 45 each
    • Main Body: 90
  • Cosmic Armor
    • MDC: 400/400
    • Duration: 127:00/160 minutes
    • Magic and M.D. cold and heat/fire/plasma attacks do half damage to the Cosmic Armor.
    • Cosmic Armor can hover, and flies at a speed of 383 MPH (½ Mach One)
    • -5% to all Physical skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing, and similar, and -10% to Palming, Pick Pocket, Prowl, Safe-Cracking, Seduction and most Medical and highly technical skills that require a delicate touch.
Hannibal wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:10 am "Your from the ship." She says shakily acknowledging she recognizes him. "What happened to you? Is that, blood?"
Seeing the child's reaction to the large blood soaked man, Will turns and casts Cleanse (-3 PPE) on John.
Hannibal wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:10 am The girl turns to Will, "The barkeep, he hit me." The girls starts crying, seemingly traumatized from the incident. "I thought I was going to die." She says between sobs. "I just want to find my brother. I just want my mother. Why is this happening to me?"
"You're safe now. We're here to get the people who did this to you. Tell me what your brother and mother look like. If we can free them during the course of our mission, you have my promise that we'll do so."
Hannibal wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:10 am The girl looks at John again, shock overwhelmingly covering her face, "Are you ok sir? Why do you keep asking me about dragons." She looks at Will and asks, "Is he on something?" The girl trembles uncontrolled and begins to sob again.
"He just really hates surprises. Hey, you're going to be OK. What's your name, little one?" Will reaches into his pocket for his Universal Secure card transfers 500 credits to the young girl. "This should get you in a room for a few nights along with some food."

When the rest of the group arrives, Will watches as Wolf sets the kid free. "Careful, she might be a dragon. According to Pebbles. Oh, I probably should have set her free before giving her money. Huh. Priorities."
Lux BaghDach wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:51 pm "Did we want a group to check out the dimensional anomaly out beyond town? Or should we all head on to the docks to search for Jameson?"
Will looks to Wak for an answer. Seeing the leader clearly overwhelmed at the moment, he steps in. "Dimensional anomaly can wait. We go to the docks of MercTown and find this Butch. We find them, we're one step closer to finding our quarry and getting this all over with. First, everyone spread out and check the ATRV for any missing items. I don't like that they were in here." Once their search is complete, Will wakes up Dave, the robot driver. "Hey Dave, once we're all out, pilot the ATRV back to MercTown and park in the usual spot. Everyone else, line up for some speed." Will casts Cosmic Armor on everyone who accepts it (-23 PPE/cast).

Code: Select all

[inline=Cosmic Armor][list][size=85]MDC: 400/400[*]Duration: 160:00/160 minutes[*]Magic and M.D. cold and heat/fire/plasma attacks do half damage to the Cosmic Armor. 
[*]Cosmic Armor can hover, and flies at a speed of 383 MPH (½ Mach One) 
[*]-5% to all Physical skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing, and similar, and -10% to Palming, Pick Pocket, Prowl, Safe-Cracking, Seduction and most Medical and highly technical skills that require a delicate touch.[/size][/list][/inline]
As soon as they're all ready, Will leads the charge back to MercTown.
The Man in Black
Ledger
User avatar
Hannibal
Game Master
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:35 am

Re: A plea for help

Post by Hannibal »

Date & Time wrote: Day 2.
Time: 4 pm
Temperature: 85 degrees with 50% Humidity.
Weather: Sky is clear and blue with no clouds in site.
The group does their best to set the little girl at ease, "Elizabeth, my name is Elizabeth. My mom calls me Beth." She does her best to describe what her brother looks like to the team.

Seeing that Wak is mentally incapacitated at the moment, Will takes command. He gathers the group and decides they will move on to Merctown. Casting Cosmic Armor on the team they all group up and prepare to fly back to Merctown at crazy speeds. The order is given to Dave to take the ATRV back and he agrees.

As the team lifts off into the air and flies over the river camp, some can't help but wonder if they are neglecting something as they look down on the covered wagons and see the crew men still working as if nothing changed.

The team makes it back to Merctown with amazing haste and land just outside of Poseidon shipwrights.

What are you intentions?
Image
User avatar
Seamus Finch
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:09 pm

Re: A plea for help

Post by Seamus Finch »

1d100<28: [68] = 0
: Fail
1d20: [2] = 2 | 1d100: [19] = 19
Piloting:
1d100>80: [53] = 0
: PASS

Seamus accepts the spell William offers, but he still unpacks his Icarus from the ATV before the group heads out. The Juicer’s jet pack is much faster than the spell, but the enchantments effects give the pilot a number of advantages that he would not have otherwise. Most importantly, Seamus is able to activate the Icarus’ remote setting and detach from the jet pack at altitude, allowing the Cosmic Armor to guide himself to the ground. He programs the jet pack to continue a high altitude circle of his position, just in case. Im liking this access to magic. It’s sad the CS doesn’t use it more. What am i thinking. It’s great they don’t use it more. It would be hell on me if they did right now.

”How are we handling this search?” Seamus asks as he flies down dockside. As he does so, he looks for any boats, rafts or anything else that might suggest a slave trade being conducted on the docks. He pays close attention to any freighters that may begin port, or vehicles looking like the may be leaving port as they arrive. ”If we find our target it should be easy enough to tail them outside of MercTowns protection zone.” Seamus wonders if the legalities of slavery in Merctown will make finding their quarry easier or harder.
Seamus Finch

Seamus Finch
HP:43/43
SDC:106/106

Armor M.D.C.:
Helmet: 50/50 | Body:90/90
Right Arm: 40/40 | Left Arm:40/40
Right Leg:50/50 | Left Leg:50/50
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 368
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia
Contact:

Re: A plea for help

Post by Jack Killian »

Perception: 64% d100 1d100 1d100: [17] = 17
JIC d20: 1d20 1d20: [4] = 4
JIC: d100 1d100 1d100: [52] = 52

Jack hears the other talking about Slavers and Slaves, "I don't like them, they would occasionally raid us in Sydney
but we got smart, kind of tagged up with a group of Gargoyles and Brodkils there. You might say the Slavers are the ones that pushed us together for the common good. Seems like they were hiding from the slavers too. Together we kinda made them feel unwelcome there. Now they only go after the smaller communities. and even then when ew hear about it we go after them."


"I don't see why we shouldn't go after these blokes. I think they should all burn in my thoughts. At least give them a hot foot and get them to get the hell out of here."
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 42/ 42 MD
S.D.C.: 90/ 90

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.

CN-1 Net

Skorblade Short Sword
Damage: 1D8 M.D.
Weight: 3 lbs.
Features: excellent balance and craftsmanship
Modifiers: +1 to strike and parry
Book Reference: p.152, MercOps

TW "Dragonfire" Flamethrower
Range: 100'
Damage: single Shot: 1D6x10 M.D.
Spray: 1D6x10 M.D. to all targets in a 100' long & 10' wide arc (3 APM)
Rate of Fire: single shots & sprays only
Payload: 5 blasts per P.P.E. clip
Weight: 8 lbs.



Sense the Presence of Spirits Amulet

The amulet changes color whenever an entity is within 100'

Image
User avatar
Seamus Finch
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:09 pm

Re: A plea for help

Post by Seamus Finch »

(Rolls Carried)

Seamus shrugs. ”We don’t want Merctown coming after us. And If I recall, slavery isn’t exactly illegal within its borders.” The Juicer thinks back to his own exposure to slavery, and stifles a shiver across the back of his neck. He was never a primary benefactor of slavery, but he knew the CS had their own forms of slavery that they did not particularly try to hide. And he never thought to question their ways until the Coalition was ready to shoot him in the back. A lot of the events in Seamus’s life had given him some vastly different perspectives on his past behaviors and outlooks on certain things. He found himself liking his old self less and less. Focus on the now, and what you can do. Not on what you didn’t do then. The Juicer refocuses his attention on finding any leads pointing him towards the slavers coming downriver.
Seamus Finch

Seamus Finch
HP:43/43
SDC:106/106

Armor M.D.C.:
Helmet: 50/50 | Body:90/90
Right Arm: 40/40 | Left Arm:40/40
Right Leg:50/50 | Left Leg:50/50
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: A plea for help

Post by Wolf Whitaker »

Perception: 1d100: [45] = 45 /36%
JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13 ; 1d100: [54] = 54


Paranoia Thought Text

Active Effects:
  • HF: 12
  • (Opponents must roll to save vs horror factor whenever the Gunslinger makes a serious threat (stop or else ... ) and again if and when he first draws his weapon on a character. Likewise, those who attack a Gunslinger must roll to save vs Horror Factor whenever facing the Gunslinger in a one-on-one showdown, duel, or shootout, and whenever an opponent makes his first move to attack the Gunslinger, even if the gunslinger isn't aware the character plans to attack.)
  • Integrated Sensor Pod - NE Armor
    • 360° scanning capability
    • Allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise
      • MDC: 400/400
      • Duration: 160:00/160 minutes
      • Magic and M.D. cold and heat/fire/plasma attacks do half damage to the Cosmic Armor.
      • Cosmic Armor can hover, and flies at a speed of 383 MPH (½ Mach One)
      • -5% to all Physical skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing, and similar, and -10% to Palming, Pick Pocket, Prowl, Safe-Cracking, Seduction and most Medical and highly technical skills that require a delicate touch.

Wolf wobbles as he gets used to flying. The gunslinger looks out of his element. I wish we could have just driven back. Flying is not something I am used to...Quit complaining. This is an awesome spell. It lets you fly and gives you more armor. I can't believe he would cast this on everyone. He's such a good guy. You should shoot him before he figures out you're worth money...Oh shut up! I'm not going to kill everyone, yet...That's what I like to hear...Not unless they shoot first...I am now less enthusiastic...Fuck off.

Once the Roughnecks land Wolf will look around to get his bearings. As the other conversations are going on around him a thought pops in his head and he turns to address the group, "Oh hey. I did get some things off The Fake Jameson's body. Lets look them over and see if we can figure out something from them." Wolf will slip off his backpack and pull out the items recovered from the "Fake" Jameson.

Streetwise-- 1d100: [27] = 27 /52% (See if Wolf can use the items retrieved to give the Roughnecks a place to start looking)
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 12
Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6
Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
NE-F50: 160/160

Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Hannibal
Game Master
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:35 am

Re: A plea for help

Post by Hannibal »

Date & Time wrote: Day 2.
Time: 4:10 pm
Temperature: 85 degrees with 50% Humidity.
Weather: Sky is clear and blue with no clouds in site.
Jack, Seamus and Wolf discuss how they will search the docks when Wolf remembers a set of papers he found on the Grackletooth. He pulls the papers out of his backpack and looks them over. A couple things immediately jump out at him.

Code: Select all

Destination: Wanton, New Mexico
Shipper: Jameson McKerry
Intermodal Transport: Butch Mann, Mann Transportation
Transportation Method: Environmen/Temperature Controlled
Transportation Notes: Departing Dock 10, 11 AM
Image
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 448
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC
Contact:

Re: A plea for help

Post by William Summers »

Perception: 1d100: [74] = 74 /51% (+15% regarding machines and/or magic)
JIC: 1d20: [14] = 14 / 1d100: [57] = 57
Conditions
  • SDC: 62/62
  • HP: 64/64
  • Personal PPE: 185/185
  • Energy Sphere: 645/800. 31/32 days
  • PPE Talisman: 50/50
  • Mage Armor:
    • Helm: 50
    • Arms: 25 each
    • Legs: 45 each
    • Main Body: 90
  • Cosmic Armor
    • MDC: 400/400
    • Duration: 57:00/160 minutes
    • Magic and M.D. cold and heat/fire/plasma attacks do half damage to the Cosmic Armor.
    • Cosmic Armor can hover, and flies at a speed of 383 MPH (½ Mach One)
    • -5% to all Physical skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing, and similar, and -10% to Palming, Pick Pocket, Prowl, Safe-Cracking, Seduction and most Medical and highly technical skills that require a delicate touch.
On the flight over, Will makes sure to guide those who are new to magical flight. "It's like the old holovids. You're really steering with your mind, but sometimes putting a fist out helps. You wanna be as aerodynamic as possible for top speeds."

The subject of planning comes up and Will does his best to figure it out. ”Truth be told, Nightengale, I have no idea how to find this particular person that doesn’t want to be found. I'm normally a great tracker, but this is now through land, sea and air. But I do know how to fight and how to draw people out. So here’s the plan. I’m gonna go ask some gently questions at the docks. John, Wolf and Jack are gonna be my backup. Seamus, I want you watching from the sky. If you see any one getting ready in a hurry, point em out to me. Lux, if you’ve got any kind of mojo to help out here, now’s the time.”

Will lands at the docks and is about to get started on "asking some questions" when Wolf pulls out the papers. "Dock 10, 11 AM? Well shit, this just got a whole hell of a lot simpler. Listen up squad, we've got three choices here. We can go find out what's at Dock 10 now, we can wait until 10 AM when it's getting loaded up and strike then, or we can go after Butch Mann of Mann Transportation right now. Whaddaya jerks wanna do?"
The Man in Black
Ledger
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 342
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: A plea for help

Post by John Altfeld »

Perception: 1d100: [97] = 97 / 76%
JIC: 1d20: [1] = 1 / 1d100: [1] = 1

CONDITIONS: John is +1 foot, Cosmic Armor

When Wolf pulls out the paper, John just stares at him. "We had this all along? What the hell? And they were just carrying this information? Idiots. Good job searching dead bodies, Wolf."

These are the first paperwork-obsessed slavers I've ever heard of. Although I guess the Splugorth probably keep pretty complete accounting records?

He scratches his head. "So, uh, I'm not a lawyer, but slavery's legal in MercTown, right? And since these people are being kidnapped from somewhere else, that means they're slaves by the time they get here. So we probably can't just go in and murder these guys. Because that IS illegal in MercTown."

John looks around the docks, trying to see if they're being observed or if Huck Finn's raft is anywhere nearby. "I'd suggest we take a two-pronged approach, since 10 in the morning is a long time away."

"Prong 1 - Me and, uh... Lux, take a quick spin down the river to where the Cumberland enters the Mississippi and then up to where we ran into the raft before, then come back. As long as we have this magic flying it shouldn't take very long and, worst case scenario we can teleport back or I carry Lux. If we run into Huck Finn again, we take him out and rescue anyone he's carrying."

"Everyone else stays here, keeping an eye on Dock 10."


"Prong 2 - Assuming Huck Finn and his cargo are already here, we need to determine what they're using as transport for the next stage, then follow it out of town tomorrow. We can hit them as soon as they're away from MercTown. My guess is they'll take the Mississippi south and then go through either the Pecos Empire or northern Lone Star."

He shrugs. "That's my two creds."
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 108/108
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290
Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 900'
• See the invisible
User avatar
Seamus Finch
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:09 pm

Re: A plea for help

Post by Seamus Finch »

[rolls carried]
Hannibal wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:25 am

Code: Select all

Destination: Wanton, New Mexico
Shipper: Jameson McKerry
Intermodal Transport: Butch Mann, Mann Transportation
Transportation Method: Environmen/Temperature Controlled
Transportation Notes: Departing Dock 10, 11 AM
”It might be wise to split the group.” Seamus nods at Johns suggestion. ”It also might be worth heading off the shipment and seeing what we can find in New Mexico. We couldn’t find our mark we are looking for, right? Ill bet she is somewhere along this slavers route. Or at the end of it, wherever that is.” Seamus offers. good bookkeeping means predictability. At least for this leg of the slavers route.

”This Butch Mann, could be an informative lead. If they are putting their product into temperature controlled containers and shipping them via water, I’m sure Mann transportations has some public presence in the city. With records of shipping routes perhaps.” Seamus thinks for a moment. ”We could I.D. the vehicle heading to Mexico and tag it. I could trail it from altitude.” He shrugs. ”We could even get someone on board- or even into one of the containers if we wanted.”
Seamus Finch

Seamus Finch
HP:43/43
SDC:106/106

Armor M.D.C.:
Helmet: 50/50 | Body:90/90
Right Arm: 40/40 | Left Arm:40/40
Right Leg:50/50 | Left Leg:50/50
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: A plea for help

Post by Wolf Whitaker »

Perception: 1d100: [17] = 17 /36%
JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 ; 1d100: [99] = 99


Paranoia Thought Text

Active Effects:
  • HF: 12
  • (Opponents must roll to save vs horror factor whenever the Gunslinger makes a serious threat (stop or else ... ) and again if and when he first draws his weapon on a character. Likewise, those who attack a Gunslinger must roll to save vs Horror Factor whenever facing the Gunslinger in a one-on-one showdown, duel, or shootout, and whenever an opponent makes his first move to attack the Gunslinger, even if the gunslinger isn't aware the character plans to attack.)
  • Integrated Sensor Pod - NE Armor
    • 360° scanning capability
    • Allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise

Wolf chuckles slightly at John's comment, "Ya. It was very sloppy of them to leave a trail like this. But it was good for us." Wolf looks to ponder the situation for a moment.
You better not be getting any crazy ideas...No I'm thinking more a long the lines of what I pulled with the Grackletooth before everything went ass up...Oh, using your head...Ya. It happens. Besides as much as I like shooting things. Sometimes things require a more careful approach...I still think you should just shoot everyone, but i know that will be impossible in MT...We have a job to do remember. Keep the blood lust for later...Wow when did I become the one with bad ideas?

Wolf looks at the rest of the team. "Good ideas. But goin' along with your idea, Seamus, with gettin' someone with the shipment. It would be easy. A few of us could pose as extra security hired by Jameson due to some unforeseen complications. We get on the boat shipping the stuff. Then we can stop it once it's outside MercTown's jurisdiction. While myself and Will pose as extra security, Jack and Seamus you guys can be tracking our location, while John and Lux look for...Huck Finn? Is that what you called it? Anyway you guys can do that, then meet up with the others. once we are out of MercTown's jurisdiction we can drop the hammer on the shipping guys." Wolf looks around, still no real emotion on his face, "What do you guys think?"
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 12
Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6
Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
NE-F50: 160/160

Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 342
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: A plea for help

Post by John Altfeld »

ROLLS HELD

John tilts his head as Seamus and Wolf discuss the infiltration plan.

"You're forgetting something," he says. "The bartender guy you mentioned? He's seen all of you. Huck Finn saw me and Jack. They know who we are. They know we're together, and they know we killed Mr. No-Pants Grackletooth."

"They likely also told Mr. Mann 'Hey, we're being chased by bad dudes.' Unless you can suddenly shapeshift, we can't infiltrate like you're suggesting."
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 108/108
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290
Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 900'
• See the invisible
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 368
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia
Contact:

Re: A plea for help

Post by Jack Killian »

Perception: 79% 1d100
JIC d20: 1d20
JIC: 1d100
Destination: Wanton, New Mexico
Shipper: Jameson McKerry
Intermodal Transport: Butch Mann, Mann Transportation
Transportation Method: Environmen/Temperature Controlled
Transportation Notes: Departing Dock 10, 11 AM

Jack looks at the note, “Where is Butch Mann, and the Mann Transportation? That might be a good place to look into> anyone have a directory or street map? I don’t think we should go there it might spook them . but once we got the area. maybe a good sneak thief can get in and get some information?”

After John speaks, "Be nice to have something to cover our up who we might be , do you al know where to get a magical device that can help us? I can try Astral Projection to go and do Recon?"
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 42/ 42 MD
S.D.C.: 90/ 90

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.

CN-1 Net

Skorblade Short Sword
Damage: 1D8 M.D.
Weight: 3 lbs.
Features: excellent balance and craftsmanship
Modifiers: +1 to strike and parry
Book Reference: p.152, MercOps

TW "Dragonfire" Flamethrower
Range: 100'
Damage: single Shot: 1D6x10 M.D.
Spray: 1D6x10 M.D. to all targets in a 100' long & 10' wide arc (3 APM)
Rate of Fire: single shots & sprays only
Payload: 5 blasts per P.P.E. clip
Weight: 8 lbs.



Sense the Presence of Spirits Amulet

The amulet changes color whenever an entity is within 100'

Image
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: A plea for help

Post by Wolf Whitaker »

**Rolls Held Over**

Paranoia Thought Text

Active Effects:
  • HF: 12
  • (Opponents must roll to save vs horror factor whenever the Gunslinger makes a serious threat (stop or else ... ) and again if and when he first draws his weapon on a character. Likewise, those who attack a Gunslinger must roll to save vs Horror Factor whenever facing the Gunslinger in a one-on-one showdown, duel, or shootout, and whenever an opponent makes his first move to attack the Gunslinger, even if the gunslinger isn't aware the character plans to attack.)
  • Integrated Sensor Pod - NE Armor
    • 360° scanning capability
    • Allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise
John Altfeld wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:05 am ROLLS HELD

John tilts his head as Seamus and Wolf discuss the infiltration plan.

"You're forgetting something," he says. "The bartender guy you mentioned? He's seen all of you. Huck Finn saw me and Jack. They know who we are. They know we're together, and they know we killed Mr. No-Pants Grackletooth."

"They likely also told Mr. Mann 'Hey, we're being chased by bad dudes.' Unless you can suddenly shapeshift, we can't infiltrate like you're suggesting."
Didn't think of that did you dumbass...Weren't you just saying it was a good idea?...And now it's not a good idea...You are impossible...Well you could just start shooting and interrogate the survivors...And then have to run from the Defenders. No thanks...Won't be the first town you were ran out of...Ya But i kind of like this one...Don't stay in one place too long. People will try to kill you...They do that any way. I'm just going to have make sure I am faster then all of them...Always shoot first. Wolf rolls his eye behind his helmet before replying to John. "That's a good point John. So should we just stay with distance surveillance? Then follow the shipment out? We do that we could still jump it once it's clear of MercTown...On the other hand we could head to the destination now and attempt to get ahead of the shipment. No risk of getting the Defenders riled up and it would give us time to set a proper ambush. Thoughts?"
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 12
Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6
Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
NE-F50: 160/160

Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Seamus Finch
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:09 pm

Re: A plea for help

Post by Seamus Finch »

[rolls carried]

Seamus frowns. ”I doubt there is much in the range of actually identifiable features that have been spread this far. Even if the shipping company has been alerted to a merc group looking into things, one or two individuals would not necessarily raise any alarms.” He looks around at those gathered. ”How much could they share, even if they have video of us? I was in my armor- so were most of us, right? I doubt they know my hair color, or any identifying features beyond my height. A new coat, maybe a hat.” He shrugs.

Seamus muses on Wolf’s suggestions. ”How long has it been since our primary target has gone missing? I’m betting she isn’t on that boat, but further down this logistics line.” Maybe she is doing what we are… following the slavers? From what we were told she is good at getting in over her head. What i of that’s what’s up now? She isn’t in any real trouble and we risk revealing her current position by poking any further.

The Juicer checks his wrist mounted controller, ensuring his Icarus is still maintaining its orbit above the cloud lines.
Seamus Finch

Seamus Finch
HP:43/43
SDC:106/106

Armor M.D.C.:
Helmet: 50/50 | Body:90/90
Right Arm: 40/40 | Left Arm:40/40
Right Leg:50/50 | Left Leg:50/50
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 342
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: A plea for help

Post by John Altfeld »

ROLLS HELD

John nods at Seamus.

"Good point about your armor, but it's not safe to assume the bartender isn't actually hanging out with Mr. Mann, possibly expecting to be on that transport out to New Mexico. Jack and Wolf were drinking in the bar, which means they showed their faces. Will, Lux and I don't wear face armor. You're likely the only one whose face wasn't actually seen."

"It's probably safer to have Jack take a look in astral form initially or if we follow Wolf's distance surveillance plan until we determine the actual situation. But even for the astral tracking, I think most of us can see astral forms because we carry magic items that let us see invisible things, so you'd have to be sneaky if you're going to go forward with that, Jack."

John shrugs, "All I'm saying is that we have to treat them like a hostile target, not an unaware sucker waiting to be plucked."
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 108/108
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290
Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 900'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 342
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: A plea for help

Post by John Altfeld »

ROLLS HELD

CONDITIONS: Cosmic Armor, John is +1 Foot

Since no one seems to be moving, Lux hasn't responded, and also no one has said he SHOULDN'T go scout the docks/river for Huck Finn and his slave raft, John salutes the group and flies low over the river, first checking the docks, then going as far as the land between the Lakes before turning back, as per his previously stated plan. He regularly checks in with the group over radio to report any/no progress.

Prowl: 1d100: [16] = 16 / 99%
Detect Ambush: 1d100: [61] = 61 / 61%
Detect Concealment: 1d100: [40] = 40 /61%
Dice rolls
1d100: [48] = 48
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 108/108
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290
Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 900'
• See the invisible
User avatar
Seamus Finch
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:09 pm

Re: A plea for help

Post by Seamus Finch »

[rolls carried]

As the group begins figuring out the best means of finding actual leads, Seamus will try his luck looking for Mann Transportation and any actual docks that might be in their name. He is looking for boats run by Mann Transportation. If he locates any he will head to their slips and check them out from the ground, trying to guage how legit or above board the operations seem to be.
He will do this after taking the time to get out of his naruni armor, in his civilian clothes. He will keep the remote control for his Icarus and have it pick up his armor, only keeping a pistol tucked into his shorts as protection.

1d100<11: [65] = 0
to talk to dockworkers to learn information: FAIL
1d100<21: [11*] = 1
to talk to dockworkers to gain information: PASS
1d100<81: [97] = 0
to bring down to pick up armor then return to safe altitude and orbit: Fail
JIC Auto-Dodge
1d20+10: [13]+10 = 23 | 1d20+10: [11]+10 = 21 | 1d20+10: [19]+10 = 29 | 1d20+10: [16]+10 = 26 | 1d20+10: [3]+10 = 13 | 1d20+10: [6]+10 = 16
Seamus Finch

Seamus Finch
HP:43/43
SDC:106/106

Armor M.D.C.:
Helmet: 50/50 | Body:90/90
Right Arm: 40/40 | Left Arm:40/40
Right Leg:50/50 | Left Leg:50/50
User avatar
Hannibal
Game Master
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:35 am

Re: A plea for help

Post by Hannibal »

Date & Time wrote: Day 2.
Time: 4:30 pm
Temperature: 85 degrees with 50% Humidity.
Weather: Sky is clear and blue with no clouds in site.
Seamus and John head out to try their luck searching down the real Jameson by looking back at what they know.

John start at the docks looking for signs of the raft they saw on the river and finds himself in luck. The Raft is tied up on a small dock just outside a small run down warehouse. There isn't much activity outside from what John can see. Between the dock and the building looks like an area for a helicopter or a vehicle capable of vertical take off to land and depart. A door stands open on the right side of the building and John can see a light on.

Seamus starts his search down the roads looking for Mann Transportation. A short time into the search he come upon a small run down warehouse that look to have possible access tot he waterways in the back. There is a small wooden sign above a door that reads, "Mann Transportation". A small window next to the door seems to show a light inside.
Image
User avatar
Seamus Finch
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:09 pm

Re: A plea for help

Post by Seamus Finch »

Perception: 1d100<28: [48] = 0
JIC: 1d100: [52] = 52 | 1d20: [14] = 14

Seamus will continue his walk, making sure not to stop in front of Mann Transportation. After walking a block, he will circle around and make his way to a corner with a good view of the warehouse. ”I found Mann Transportation. It’s not that impressive. There seems to be some activity inside, but my initial impressions tell me this place is a dump. “ Seamus will watch the warehouse for a minute or two as he waits for the other Roughnecks to check in. And once again we find ourselves on the ground, without armor and just a pistol for protections. Seamus growls to himself as the situation brings back vivid déjà vu of his first contract in MercTown. ”Do you want me to make contact?” Seamus eyes the building itself, looking for any signs of exterior security systems or patrols.
Seamus Finch

Seamus Finch
HP:43/43
SDC:106/106

Armor M.D.C.:
Helmet: 50/50 | Body:90/90
Right Arm: 40/40 | Left Arm:40/40
Right Leg:50/50 | Left Leg:50/50
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 368
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia
Contact:

Re: A plea for help

Post by Jack Killian »

Perception: 64% 1d100 1d100: [95] = 95
JIC d20: 1d20 1d20: [18] = 18
JIC: 1d100 1d100: [72] = 72
INIT: 1d20+2 1d20+2: [14]+2 = 16
Seamus will continue his walk, making sure not to stop in front of Mann Transportation. After walking a block, he will circle around and make his way to a corner with a good view of the warehouse. ”I found Mann Transportation. It’s not that impressive. There seems to be some activity inside, but my initial impressions tell me this place is a dump. “ Seamus will watch the warehouse for a minute or two as he waits for the other Roughnecks to check in. And once again we find ourselves on the ground, without armor and just a pistol for protections. Seamus growls to himself as the situation brings back vivid déjà vu of his first contract in MercTown. ”Do you want me to make contact?” Seamus eyes the building itself, looking for any signs of exterior security systems or patrols.
Jack listen to the radio and picks up the chatter from John and Seamus and responds, “Good work, we are on our way. No, wait till we get the team there. You can coordinate with John for setting up your position.”
Jack looks to Wolf and speaks up, “Let’s go.” If they still have the spell on them, they should be able to move fairly fast and get there in no time.

Jack heads out to Mann Transportation.
Once there Jack gets next to Seamus and speaks softly, "So same plan as always? John John And you head in and we follow?”
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 42/ 42 MD
S.D.C.: 90/ 90

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.

CN-1 Net

Skorblade Short Sword
Damage: 1D8 M.D.
Weight: 3 lbs.
Features: excellent balance and craftsmanship
Modifiers: +1 to strike and parry
Book Reference: p.152, MercOps

TW "Dragonfire" Flamethrower
Range: 100'
Damage: single Shot: 1D6x10 M.D.
Spray: 1D6x10 M.D. to all targets in a 100' long & 10' wide arc (3 APM)
Rate of Fire: single shots & sprays only
Payload: 5 blasts per P.P.E. clip
Weight: 8 lbs.



Sense the Presence of Spirits Amulet

The amulet changes color whenever an entity is within 100'

Image
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 448
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC
Contact:

Re: A plea for help

Post by William Summers »

Perception: 1d100: [42] = 42 /57% (+15% regarding machines and/or magic)
JIC: 1d20: [10] = 10 / 1d100: [28] = 28
Conditions
  • SDC: 62/62
  • HP: 73/73
  • ISP: 31/31
  • Personal PPE: 196/196
  • Energy Sphere: 645/800. 31/32 days
  • PPE Talisman: 50/50
  • Mage Armor:
    • Helm: 50
    • Arms: 25 each
    • Legs: 45 each
    • Main Body: 90
  • Cosmic Armor
    • MDC: 400/400
    • Duration: 37:00/160 minutes
    • Magic and M.D. cold and heat/fire/plasma attacks do half damage to the Cosmic Armor.
    • Cosmic Armor can hover, and flies at a speed of 383 MPH (½ Mach One)
    • -5% to all Physical skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing, and similar, and -10% to Palming, Pick Pocket, Prowl, Safe-Cracking, Seduction and most Medical and highly technical skills that require a delicate touch.
Seamus Finch wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:25 am ”I found Mann Transportation. It’s not that impressive. There seems to be some activity inside, but my initial impressions tell me this place is a dump. Do you want me to make contact?”
"Damn nice work, Nightengale. Wanderer en route." Will flies to Seamus' location under the power of his Cosmic Armor. When he gets there, he sets down and has a look around. "Damn, you weren't kidding. This place does look like a dump. Let's knock. Half of you go around back in case we've got a runner." Once everyone is present or checked in, Will enters Mann Transportation. He heads to the front desk and says "Hi, I'm here about a shipment." No better time than the present!
The Man in Black
Ledger
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: A plea for help

Post by Wolf Whitaker »

Perception: 1d100: [10] = 10 /36%
JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 ; 1d100: [81] = 81


Paranoia Thought Text

Active Effects:
  • HF: 12
  • (Opponents must roll to save vs horror factor whenever the Gunslinger makes a serious threat (stop or else ... ) and again if and when he first draws his weapon on a character. Likewise, those who attack a Gunslinger must roll to save vs Horror Factor whenever facing the Gunslinger in a one-on-one showdown, duel, or shootout, and whenever an opponent makes his first move to attack the Gunslinger, even if the gunslinger isn't aware the character plans to attack.)
  • Integrated Sensor Pod - NE Armor
    • 360° scanning capability
    • Allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise

Wolf grins as he hears the others have found Mann Shipping. Wolf nods to Jack, "We will take the back. They wont make it past us." Wolf moves to a position to observe the back of the facility and to give him a good firing line in case of people fleeing the facility. What are we doing?...Waiting...I can see that. We should just start killing them all. It would be easier...It would, but it would not be good for the job...Ya. I still don't know why we are with these guys. They are going to turn on your eventually...I know. But it won't happen right now. They are too focused on the job...Let hope it stays that way. Wolf settles in to position gently playing with the retention straps of his pistols.

Prowl-- 1d100: [51] = 51 /65% (To remain hidden)
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 12
Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6
Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
NE-F50: 160/160

Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Seamus Finch
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:09 pm

Re: A plea for help

Post by Seamus Finch »

[Rolls Held]
William Summers wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:22 pm"Damn, you weren't kidding. This place does look like a dump. Let's knock. Half of you go around back in case we've got a runner." Once everyone is present or checked in, Will enters Mann Transportation. He heads to the front desk and says "Hi, I'm here about a shipment."
Seamus will nod to himself. ”Roger that.” Seamus will continue watching the front of the warehouse as he waits for the team to arrive. I need a cigarette. no one thinks twice about smokers standing on random street corners. He thinks to himself with a hint of disgusts st the thought of actually inhaling any tobacco or similar drug. The hypocrisy of the Juice running through his body completely lost on him.

As Will enters the front of the warehouse, Seamus will follow close on his 6- using the mans large frame to hide his own bulk and hopefully minimize anyone noticing his juicer rig. lets see how this plays out.
Seamus Finch

Seamus Finch
HP:43/43
SDC:106/106

Armor M.D.C.:
Helmet: 50/50 | Body:90/90
Right Arm: 40/40 | Left Arm:40/40
Right Leg:50/50 | Left Leg:50/50
Post Reply

Return to “The Roughnecks Adventure Forum”