Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

These fuckers are too stubborn to die.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Hannibal
Game Master

Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Hannibal »

Date & Time wrote: Day 2.
Time: 10 pm
Temperature: 60 degrees with 10% Humidity.
Weather: Sky is clear and black with no clouds in site. The stars look quite beautiful without all the light pollution the group is used to in Merctown.
The team decides to move along after Jameson as quick as possible, not wanting him to get too much of a lead. Jack quickly makes a run to NG to pick up new armor and then rejoins the team. Will cast Cosmic armor and the roughnecks are off.

The flight is fast, furious and relatively boring considering the distance they cover. They don't encounter any resistance along the way.

As the come upon Wonton the group can't but help feel they must have made a mistake. The town looks familiar in a way. As they get closer they are able to see some building with what seems to be small fire lights inside lighting them. There is a large camp fire in the middle of the market lighting it as well. In the dark fire light it is hard to know exactly but from what they can see, the lay out of the town seems to be exactly the same as New Nashville.

The group lands just outside of town.

What are your intentions?
New Tennessee.jpg
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by John Altfeld »

Perception: 1d100: [65] = 65 / 76%
JIC: 1d20: [1] = 1 / 1d100: [86] = 86

CONDITIONS: John is +1 Foot, Pebbles (so invisible to thermo), Cosmic Armor, Radar, See Invisible, etc.

John pulls up the map of Old New Mexico he got from Taen on his HUD, reviews it... "Everyone, are these idiots just doing the same scam? We're right next to a river that leads to the vampire territory we bombed before. Are they just moving people as fast as they can from one north/south river system to one that leads more directly to a large slave slash food market?"

He pauses. "Uh, I mean, this cesspool is dumb, I'm going to see what else is going on down by the river. I'll set our gear down on a sandbar or something there... ish."

Huck Finn's gotta have a raft. Wish I'd brought the other one to drop on him. That would have been SO GOOD.
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 108/108
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290
Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 900'
• See the invisible
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Jack Killian »

Perception: 64% 1d100 1d100: [27] = 27
JIC d20: 1d20 1d20: [20] = 20
JIC: 1d100 1d100: [53] = 53

CONDITIONS: Cosmic Armor, Sense the Presence of Spirits Amulet
Jack makes sure his Cask go along with them and his canteens are full. If he sees some cedar he will take his sword and cut a pole to take with him. "Hey guys I think it might be good to take along a few stakes."

Jack, flies along in his new armor making sure he checks things out. This thing is fabulous, Fair Dinkum. When they get closer to their new objective he listens to John describing the place.
John pulls up the map of Old New Mexico he got from Taen on his HUD, reviews it... "Everyone, are these idiots just doing the same scam? We're right next to a river that leads to the vampire territory we bombed before. Are they just moving people as fast as they can from one north/south river system to one that leads more directly to a large slave slash food market?"

He pauses. "Uh, I mean, this cesspool is dumb, I'm going to see what else is going on down by the river. I'll set our gear down on a sandbar or something there... ish."
Jack speaks up over the radio, “Is this a dimensional anomaly? Can the same town appear in two different locations? Like we call a ghost town, I think you guys call them fade towns, but with a twist? They appear in different locations maybe at the same time. I think we should go low so they don’t spot us. How far away from town should we land?”

Jack slows down almost to a complete stop before landing. He is awaiting orders. “Does anyone else think it is a bad thing to hut vampires in the middle of the night”.

If vamps are around the oly safe place is the river.
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 42/ 42 MD
S.D.C.: 90/ 90

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.

CN-1 Net

Skorblade Short Sword
Damage: 1D8 M.D.
Weight: 3 lbs.
Features: excellent balance and craftsmanship
Modifiers: +1 to strike and parry
Book Reference: p.152, MercOps

TW "Dragonfire" Flamethrower
Range: 100'
Damage: single Shot: 1D6x10 M.D.
Spray: 1D6x10 M.D. to all targets in a 100' long & 10' wide arc (3 APM)
Rate of Fire: single shots & sprays only
Payload: 5 blasts per P.P.E. clip
Weight: 8 lbs.

Sense the Presence of Spirits Amulet

The amulet changes color whenever an entity is within 100'

William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by William Summers »

Perception: 1d100: [2] = 2 /51% (+15% regarding machines and/or magic)
JIC: 1d20: [7] = 7 / 1d100: [70] = 70
Conditions
  • SDC: 62/62
  • HP: 73/73
  • ISP: 31/31
  • Personal PPE: 196/196
  • Energy Sphere: 530/800. 31/32 days
  • PPE Talisman: 50/50
  • Mage Armor:
    • Helm: 50
    • Arms: 25 each
    • Legs: 45 each
    • Main Body: 90
  • Cosmic Armor
    • MDC: 400/400
    • Duration: 160:00/160 minutes
    • Magic and M.D. cold and heat/fire/plasma attacks do half damage to the Cosmic Armor.
    • Cosmic Armor can hover, and flies at a speed of 383 MPH (½ Mach One)
    • -5% to all Physical skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing, and similar, and -10% to Palming, Pick Pocket, Prowl, Safe-Cracking, Seduction and most Medical and highly technical skills that require a delicate touch.
"Folks, am I seeing things or is this New Nashville all over again?"
Jack Killian wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:54 amJack speaks up over the radio, “Is this a dimensional anomaly? Can the same town appear in two different locations? Like we call a ghost town, I think you guys call them fade towns, but with a twist? They appear in different locations maybe at the same time. I think we should go low so they don’t spot us. How far away from town should we land?”
John Altfeld wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:45 pm"Uh, I mean, this cesspool is dumb, I'm going to see what else is going on down by the river. I'll set our gear down on a sandbar or something there... ish."
"You're spot on, Volcano. I ended up in this crew because of a Fadetown. You never forget the displacement. Alright folks, listen up. We are on the hunt for that young girl. We can get to her by finding the Mann Transportation crew and questioning them. We've seemingly landed back in New Nashville or at least a town that looks precisely like it. Maybe this is some of the dimensional weirdness they were talking about on the way there. It's night time so we're prime targets for vamps. So here's what we're gonna do. Pebbles, dig us up a nice chunk of land to set down upon in the middle of this river. I'll get us set up with sleeping arrangements. We'll take watches and alert the crew if any trouble arises. Let's get started."

Will waits for John to either point out a usable sandbar or create one with his giant hands. Once that's done, he'll cast Sheltering Force (-10 PPE from Energy Sphere) and create a dry clean space for the group to sleep while they wait out daylight.
The Man in Black
Ledger
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Wolf Whitaker »

Perception: 1d100: [5] = 5 /36%
JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2 ; 1d100: [81] = 81

Paranoia Thought Text

Active Effects:
  • HF: 12
  • (Opponents must roll to save vs horror factor whenever the Gunslinger makes a serious threat (stop or else ... ) and again if and when he first draws his weapon on a character. Likewise, those who attack a Gunslinger must roll to save vs Horror Factor whenever facing the Gunslinger in a one-on-one showdown, duel, or shootout, and whenever an opponent makes his first move to attack the Gunslinger, even if the gunslinger isn't aware the character plans to attack.)
  • Integrated Sensor Pod - NE Armor
    • 360° scanning capability
    • Allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise
Wolf tilts his head as he sees the new, or rather old, town they just left. What the hell?...Rift?...I didn't think we passed through one...No we didn't. Still this is too weird. Why make an identical village to New Nashville?...Save on cost? Maybe when they took folks they used the village's as some kind of ruse or disguise so people would think they were still in New Nashville?...Either way its too much of a coincidence. This time shoot the bartender on sight...No arguments here.

Wolf comes over the radio, "Well this is weird. I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing double. If I were to guess it would have to do with A, some disguise to make people think they were still in New Nashville; or B, Mann Shipping, or affiliate, made both towns and kept them looking the same for cost reasons...Or a bit of both. I'm good with getting some shut eye. I can have Dusty alert us if there are any potential intruders. No need for the robot horse to sleep."

Once they land Wolf will find a spot to lay down to rest. He will order Dusty to alert the group should anyone, other then a current group member, approach their position.
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 12
Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Silver 0/6
Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
NE-F50: 160/160

Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
Hannibal
Game Master

Post by Hannibal »

Date & Time wrote: Day 3.
Time: 7 am
Temperature: 50 degrees with 10% Humidity.
Weather: Sky is clear and blue with no clouds in site. The sun looks like it will remain out and bright, there are no clouds to block it.
John finds a suitable shop to push up some sand to create an island of sorts. The team settles in and after Will casts the spell they find it is quite dry. After setting up for the night and setting a rotation for night watch the group gets some sleep. Each member takes a turn waking and watching over the others through the night. It is tense at times as they all know they are getting closer to deep Vampire territory.

When the sun rises the team wakes, somewhat refreshed, a little stiff from roughing it, but none worse for the wear.

You are approximately 1/2 mile north west of the town. From your impromptu island you do not see any activity along the shores. If you test the water you will find it is fresh and relatively cool.
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Perception: 1d100: [88] = 88 /51% (+15% regarding machines and/or magic)
JIC: 1d20: [12] = 12 / 1d100: [11] = 11
Conditions
  • Energy Sphere: 530/800. 30/32 days
  • Mage Armor:
Will takes the last watch and is thus in charge of waking up the crew. At 0800 hours, he heads into the magic tents he has made and lightly jostles folks awake. "Rise and shine, jerkwads. It's light out. Time to move in 15."

When everyone is ready, he'll give some basic instructions. "We're here to find the girl, hopefulyl find Mann Shipping and destroy any vampires we come across. It's daytime, so there should be a bit less of that. But keep in mind that they've got buddies who work for them during the day. Just like we saw in New Nashville with the slavers. So keep your eyes peeled, head on a swivel and come back alive, alright?"

He heads into town and looks for something to eat.
The Man in Black
Ledger
Seamus Finch
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Seamus Finch »

Perception: 1d100<28: [49] = 0
JIC: 1d100: [5] = 5 | 1d20: [5] = 5

Seamus lands with the rest of the team and stretches. He enjoyed being in the air, but it was always nice to use ones legs again. Geez, This place is exactly like Nashville Seamus’ mind goes back to the dimensional anomaly Lux had identified outside Nashville.

As the talk of rest is raised, Seamus will chime in. ”I can go days without rest if you need someone awake, and I usually only sleep a few hours a night anyway.” He shrugs. ”I can crash out now and be in tip top shape by midnight, or keep watch for the rest of you.”

No matter the decision, Seamus will most likely be one of the first risers of the group. As William offers the group their morning instructions, Seamus can hear his own stomach growl. ”Food would be good. Ill join you.” He hits a few buttons on his pack control and it takes off, entering a holding pattern a few hundred meters above Seamus.
Seamus Finch

Seamus Finch
HP:43/43
SDC:106/106

Armor M.D.C.:
Helmet: 50/50 | Body:90/90
Right Arm: 40/40 | Left Arm:40/40
Right Leg:50/50 | Left Leg:50/50
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Wolf Whitaker »

Perception: 1d100: [25] = 25 /36%
JIC: 1d20: [5] = 5 ; 1d100: [78] = 78

Paranoia Thought Text

Active Effects:
  • (Opponents must roll to save vs horror factor whenever the Gunslinger makes a serious threat (stop or else ... ) and again if and when he first draws his weapon on a character. Likewise, those who attack a Gunslinger must roll to save vs Horror Factor whenever facing the Gunslinger in a one-on-one showdown, duel, or shootout, and whenever an opponent makes his first move to attack the Gunslinger, even if the gunslinger isn't aware the character plans to attack.)
Wolf rises with the sun. Slowly stretching and taking in his surroundings. Well that was a nice nap...You're getting old...No I just haven't had to sleep outside for a little bit. There's a difference...So you're getting complacent?...Gods just shut up. You don't need to nag me from the moment I get up.

Wolf nods to the Juicer as he talks about not needing much sleep, "Impressive Seamus. I'm sure it will come in handy soon. Given the enemy we are facing off against."

Wolf listens to the orders, "Understood. Food is definitely a priority. I wonder if they have the same bartender here?" Wolf deadpans as he heads out with Will and Seamus to get food.
Wolf Whitaker

Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Silver 6/6
Silver 0/6

Hannibal
Game Master

Post by Hannibal »

Time: 7:15 am
Weather: Sky is clear and blue with no clouds in site. The sun looks like it will remain out and bright, there are no clouds to block it.
The team wakes and goes about packing up. Will gives quick direction to put everyone on the same page with priorities. The team agrees that breakfast is the next move and all head into town.

On the way into town it is easy to notice some nuanced differences in the buildings they didn't see the night before. For all its similarities to New Nashville, construction was definitely different. The wood and thatching use was definitely locally sourced and looked much different than that in New Nashville. The one thing that was unmistakably the same was the town layout. It looks almost as if someone had thought out how they wanted the towns to look and feel, how they wanted the building positioned and then commissioned the towns.

Familiar with the town layout the team makes their way to the market first where they find most vendors haven't opened yet. Some are just starting to setup carts and what not. The people that are moving around the town don't seem to interested in the group. No yelling or screaming, no one seems to know them. The towns folk seem to go about normal business, offering hellos and good mornings as the team crosses paths with folks.

Not seeing anything in the market area to eat, Seamus asks a local where they might grab a bite and the local quickly adds, "The tavern has a great breakfast menu. I'd say that's your best bet, at least for another hour or so when the market opens fully."
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Perception: 1d100: [94] = 94 /51% (+15% regarding machines and/or magic)
JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19 / 1d100: [3] = 3

Will takes in the details of difference between Wonton and New Nashville with a keen eye. Huh. Different materials definitely. But the exact same layout. Interesting.

Seamus gets the info about what food is available at this hour and Will acts upon it. "To the Tavern it is then. Meals are on me, folks." I've got about 12 more hours before my energy levels are at 0%. Time to start the day off right. Will heads toward the Tavern and cautiously opens the door when he arrives. So far no one recognizes us. Let's hope it stays that way.

He walks in to the Tavern and has a seat at a table, waving someone over for assistance with ordering. "We heard this is the place to eat at this hour. What's on the menu?"
The Man in Black
Ledger
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Wolf Whitaker »

Perception: 1d100: [17] = 17 /36%
JIC: 1d20: [11] = 11 ; 1d100: [99] = 99

Paranoia Thought Text

Active Effects:

Wolf takes in the subtle differences in the town. Defiantly a different place, but has an Identical layout. Must be made by the same people. Wonder if it would do to see when this place was established...As long as you don't draw too much attention to yourself it should be fine. Oh but we should shoot the bartender just to be on the safe side...And you think that won't draw "too" much attention?...Well, its a safety precaution...Why are you here anyway?...That's a good question. I guess you can just call me a manifestation of your innermost desirers ...Ya, Sure.

Wolf responds to the good nature of the townsfolks with a tip of his hat in response to their greetings. Wolf quietly whispers to Will, "They all seem rather friendly here. I would bet most have no idea what is truly going on."

Wolf takes a seat at the table with everyone. He tries to keep himself facing the entrance and his back to a wall, if possible, but he wont go out of his way to make it happen. Wolf keeps an eye out for anyone who looks to recognize the Roughnecks as he orders breakfast.
Wolf Whitaker

Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Silver 6/6
Silver 0/6

Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Jack Killian »

Perception: 94% 1d100 1d100: [18] = 18
JIC d20: 1d20 1d20: [5] = 5
JIC: 1d100 1d100: [78] = 78

CONDITIONS:, Sense the Presence of Spirits Amulet

Jack walks into town with the others he is curious about everything going on here, the town is so much like the other but there are differences.
“William, I think we should keep our wits about us. I’m going to try to try some things.”

Jack uses his abilities to help see things He is looking at the people to see if they are normal and if not what is different. He looks for surveillance systems to see if they are being watched.
OOC Comments
See Aura 6 ISP
• Estimate the general level of experience. Low (1-3), medium (4-7), high (8th and up). • The presence of magic (no indication of what type or the power level). • The presence of psychic abilities (again though, not the type or power level). John King (order #11088860)• High or low base P.P.E. • The presence of a Possessing Entity
Enhanced Perception (10 I.S.P., Rifter 25; +15% to Perception, +1 to strike, +2 to parry and dodge, and a +10% to any skill that relies on any of the basic senses)
Surveillance, 63% 1d100: [82] = 82
OOC Comments
Jack Killian
OOC Comments

M.D.C. by Location:
Features:

Weapon Carried:

Range:
Damage:
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:

Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:

CN-1 Net

Skorblade Short Sword

John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by John Altfeld »

Perception: 1d100: [84] = 84 / 72%
JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4 / 1d100: [46] = 46

CONDITIONS: John is at +1 foot, See Invisible, Radar, Immune to Possession etc.

John salutes Will as they move out for breakfast. Entering the town, he's surprised that it isn't operating as an armed camp at this point.

Did we finally beat them to somewhere...?

He smiles and waves at the friendly locals. Hello mind slaves! I hope we don't have to accidentally kill you!

After the man who pointed them at the tavern leaves, John leans turns towards Will, trying to make it look like he's just casually checking out the beautiful hamlet. "We're getting sent immediately to the tavern again. Just like last time. I'm chasing down anyone who runs from there."

He points to the town cesspool. "Look at the beautiful pond! It looks so clean!"

When they head to the tavern, John takes point through the door unless someone stops him.

Detect Concealment: 1d100: [79] = 79 / 61%
Detect Ambush: 1d100: [54] = 54 / 61%
Carpentry (to spot signs of 'hidden' rooms or other telltales of a blacked-out vampire hideout above-ground): 1d100: [41] = 41 / 81%
Tracking: People (to spot a similar landing site from the takeoff marks in Nashville): 1d100: [90] = 90 / 61%
Important Combat Stats
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Depressurization
• Fatigue (Never tires)

Reduced Damage From:
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 900'
• See the invisible
Hannibal
Game Master

Post by Hannibal »

Time: 7:20 am
The quartet takes the advise from the local, and with no further questions heads tot he tavern. Walking in they all seem to be singing the same tune of "Be wary." The group takes a seat at an open table unguided by any of the staff and are greeted by a waitress. When asked about breakfast she smiles and says, "Yes sir! We got the best breakfast in town. Some of the yocals try, but they just don't compare. As far as what we have, well, if its a breakfast item, we likely got it." She winks at Will.

It is at this moment a man walks out of the door to the right of the bar. Jack and Wolf are immediately draw tot he man as they have seen him before. This is the man they have been looking for, The Bartender. The man walks out behind the bar, pulls a towel from underneath and starts wiping the top. He looks out over the tavern and sees the waitress serving the group.

"Suzy, have the guests decided what they want? Any mimosas or Bloody Marys I can make." The man looks directly at the group but seems unfazed as if he has never seen any of you before.

As you sit in surprise and wonder, a grackletooth walks out of the same door. The bartender looks over at him and says, "Try not to have too much fun down by the river today." The Bartender and the grackletooth laugh heartily and the grackletooth adds, "I'll be heading tot he Benson ranch, they need a hand with something and I promised to get there early."

As the grackletooth walks by the waitress says, "You have a great day Jameson."

What are your intentions?
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Wolf Whitaker »

Perception: 1d100: [92] = 92 /36%
JIC: 1d20: [1] = 1 ; 1d100: [76] = 76

Paranoia Thought Text

Active Effects:
  • See Invisible
  • Night vision 60’
Wolf looks up at the two men as the enter the room from the back room. Wolf stiffens slightly and his hand twitches before he is able to regain his composure. What the ever living Fuck?...Shoot him. Take the element of surprise and fire...They don't recognize us or they are really good actors. Wait I killed that grackletooth already...Shoot him again. Shoot. Shoot HIM!!!!!!!...Calm down. There has to be a logical explanation...Quit stalling and shoot him!...Calm down, we do need to eat first. Get food solve this while eating. Don't forget we haven't eaten in about 18 hours...Oh right. Then we shoot him?...Maybe. It feels like we are being toyed with. Like I'm being lead around by the nose...Well then just shoot him...Ugh, can you just be quite for a few minutes. Wolf's posture relaxes slightly, only noticeable to those he's been around for some time.

Wolf looks back to the waitress, "I'll have eggs scrambled, sausage, hashbrowns with gravy, a black coffee, and a small glass of whiskey." Wolf waits for the others to order and the waitress to leave before looking at the others at the table. Wolf pulls out his journal and flips to an unused page. He begins penning a brief description of their uneventful journey to this village. After a moment he flips to a new page and jots down the following:
Note wrote:The Grackletooth looks like the same person I killed at the last town. The bartender is the guy were have been looking for. They didn't recognize us or if they did they had no reaction to us sitting here. I suggest talking to the bartender after we eat.
Wolf quietly removes the page from his journal and attempts to pass it to Will unseen.

Prowl-- 1d100: [39] = 39 /65% (Remove paper from journal quietly)
Palming-- 1d100: [16] = 16 /60% (Pass Note to Will unseen)
Wolf Whitaker

Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Silver 6/6
Silver 0/6

William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Perception: 1d100: [84] = 84 /51% (+15% regarding machines and/or magic)
JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2 / 1d100: [31] = 31
Conditions
  • Energy Sphere: 530/800. 30/32 days
  • Mage Armor:
"Breakfast you have, breakfast we want. I'll take a Deadwood Omelette, bacon, hashbrowns, and a berry medley. And one of those mimosas please. Great way to start the day."

When ordering, no matter what Jack is ordering, when he finishes placing it, Will socks him in the arm and says "You sure about that? With your figure?"
When the waitress finishes taking the rest of the group's orders and leaves, Will turns to John and asks "So, when you go big, do you get proportionally hungry? Or does the [insert ordered meal] expand with you?"
Wolf Whitaker wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:27 pmWolf pulls out his journal and flips to an unused page. He begins penning a brief description of their uneventful journey to this village. After a moment he flips to a new page and jots down the following:
Note wrote:The Grackletooth looks like the same person I killed at the last town. The bartender is the guy were have been looking for. They didn't recognize us or if they did they had no reaction to us sitting here. I suggest talking to the bartender after we eat.
Wolf quietly removes the page from his journal and attempts to pass it to Will unseen.
Will sees the small piece of paper being slid across the table toward him and places his hand over it, opens it up and reads. Once he finishes, he does his best to not startle in his seat, but he takes a look around the bar and takes in the faces/clothing/bodies of the bartender, Grackletooth, and waitress. "Copy." Will takes another look with his special eye, learning about the auras of the three in question. While he's at it, he takes a look around for any invisible beings hanging about the bar.
The Man in Black
Ledger
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by John Altfeld »

Perception: 1d100: [23] = 23 / 72%
JIC: 1d20: [6] = 6 / 1d100: [48] = 48

CONDITIONS: John is at +1 foot, See Invisible, Radar, Immune to Possession etc.

"I'll have eggs, over easy, bacon and hoecakes, please. And, uh, the whiskey like he said. Honey or syrup or jam or whatever is fine for the cakes."

Damn, Wolf ordered the coolest breakfast!

When Will asks him about food and growing, John shrugs. "I don't honestly know what happens. None of my clothes or anything change, so I assume any food I haven't digested stays small. I NEVER eat when I'm big unless I plan to wait a full 24 hours before going back to normal. I'm terrified I could make myself explode!"

He then keeps watch for any danger as they wait for their food to arrive.

I wonder if the other tavern was this nice on the inside.
Important Combat Stats
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Depressurization
• Fatigue (Never tires)

Reduced Damage From:
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 900'
• See the invisible
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Jack Killian »

Perception: 94% 1d100
JIC d20: 1d20
JIC: 1d100

CONDITIONS:, Sense the Presence of Spirits Amulet

Jack sits at the table and looks around, Everything looks familiar and he is wondering what is going on. Then he sees the bartender and is bit on the defense, but plays it cool. He orders, "Three eggs scrambled, Ham, bangers, Opps, Sausages, and bacon. What’s this grits? Aw, put them on, along with the hominy, flap jacks and that mimosa sounds great.”
Will socks him in the arm and says "You sure about that? With your figure?"
When the waitress finishes taking the rest of the group's orders and leaves, Will turns to John and asks "So, when you go big, do you get proportionally hungry? Or does the [insert ordered meal] expand with you?"
“Na Will I have a tendency to burn it off rather quickly.” he says with a wink of his eye. "All it takes is the proper motivation , and the right work out."
OOC Comments
Jack Killian
OOC Comments

M.D.C. by Location:
Features:

Weapon Carried:

Range:
Damage:
Payload:

Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:

CN-1 Net

Skorblade Short Sword

Hannibal
Game Master

Post by Hannibal »

Time: 7:50 am
The Grackletooth says, "You too Rita! and makes his way out the door. The waitress take everyone's order and says, "I'll be right back with your drinks. Just let me know if you fellas need anything else in the mean time."

The waitress walks away and about 5 min later comes back with drinks for the table, "Food should be out shortly," she says with a smile. "So you guys are new, what brings you to town? Looking for work or just passing through?" He tone is cheerful and she seems genuinely interested.

A quick look around the tavern reveals two other table with Patrons, both of which seem to have received there food and the people are eating their meals. The bartender works behind the bar whistling while he cleans and stacks glasses.
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Jack Killian »

Perception: 94% 1d100 1d100: [40] = 40
JIC d20: 1d20 1d20: [7] = 7
JIC: 1d100 1d100: [64] = 64
CONDITIONS:, Sense the Presence of Spirits Amulet, enhance his Perceptions

Jack sits at the table and looks around, he uses his minds eye to enhance his Perceptions he is trying to figure out if there are being set up for an ambush. He looks at the people around him and where the bartender is. He remembers where the net gun is and. Looks toward where the bartender’s hands are on top of the bar or under it.

Enhanced Perception (10 I.S.P., Rifter 25; +15% to Perception, +1 to strike, +2 to parry and dodge, and a +10% to any skill that relies on any of the basic senses)

After the Waitress brings the drinks Jack states to the others, “I think I’ll head out side and have a bit of a smoke. Before all the food comes back.” Jack slowly gets up and heads outside to catch a glimpse of where the Grackletooth went to.
OOC Comments
Jack Killian
OOC Comments

M.D.C. by Location:
Features:

Weapon Carried:

Range:
Damage:
Payload:

Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:

CN-1 Net

Skorblade Short Sword

Return to “The Roughnecks Adventure Forum”