Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

These fuckers are too stubborn to die.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 354
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by John Altfeld »

Perception: 1d100: [9] = 9 / 76%
JIC: 1d20: [11] = 11 / 1d100: [58] = 58

CONDITIONS: John is at +1 foot, See Invisible, Radar, Immune to Possession etc.

John looks at Jameson for a second. Oh crap, we don't have vehicles. It's going to blow our cover story...

"Ha ha, yeah! We've got some transport, but I'm sure a few of us won't mind riding with you so we get a good idea of where we're going."


Fortunately, violence explodes overhead.

"Uh oh! That sounds like trouble!"

John then runs up the stairs at not-superhuman, but still fast speed - 20ish mph.

If Jameson tries to stop him or otherwise interfere, John knocks him down and keeps moving.

Jack already killed that guy once, right...?

Initiative: 1d20+13: [14]+13 = 27

Potentially shoving Jameson - Strike: 1d20+8: [13]+8 = 21
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 108/108
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290
Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 900'
• See the invisible
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 465
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC
Contact:

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by William Summers »

Perception: 1d100: [91] = 91 /51% (+15% regarding machines and/or magic)
JIC: 1d20: [10] = 10 / 1d100: [30] = 30
Conditions
  • SDC: 62/62
  • HP: 73/73
  • ISP: 31/31
  • Personal PPE: 196/196
  • Energy Sphere: 530/800. 30/32 days
  • PPE Talisman: 50/50
  • Mage Armor:
    • Helm: 50
    • Arms: 25 each
    • Legs: 45 each
    • Main Body: 90
Will waits at the bar and watches as Wolf follows Barclay up the stairs. C'mon, Wolf...keep it cool up there... Will continues to look around the bar to see what the patrons are doing until the signal comes from Wolf.
Wolf Whitaker wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:31 pmWolf Then turns on his Force Field and radios to the rest of the group. "Hostiles! Something in the walls. (Insert correct Cardinal direction here) wall! Second floor!"
He activates the Time Slip feature of his armor and takes off up the stairs immediately. While running, he activates the Armor Bizarre feature of his armor and casts Lightblade.

When he gets upstairs, he takes in the situation for a moment before he acts. If he has time, he will read the aura of the threat in the room. If there are any invisible beings, he pays special attention to them.


Initiative: 1d20+10: [4]+10 = 14
APM: 8+ 4 (time slip)
Action 1: Hear radio call
Action 2: Activate Time Slip (-8 PPE) + start moving toward stairs.
Time Slip 1: Activate Armor Bizarre. (-6 PPE)
Time Slip 2-3: Cast Lightblade. (-10 PPE)
Time Slip 4: Run upstairs
Actions 3-8: Keep running upstairs/reserved for dodge.

Parry: 1d20+11: [12]+11 = 23 1d20+11: [3]+11 = 14 1d20+11: [9]+11 = 20 1d20+11: [1]+11 = 12 1d20+11: [13]+11 = 24 1d20+11: [12]+11 = 23 1d20+11: [4]+11 = 15 1d20+11: [15]+11 = 26 1d20+11: [4]+11 = 15 1d20+11: [7]+11 = 18
Dodges: 1d20+7: [16]+7 = 23 1d20+7: [15]+7 = 22 1d20+7: [9]+7 = 16 1d20+7: [19]+7 = 26 1d20+7: [2]+7 = 9 1d20+7: [9]+7 = 16
The Man in Black
Ledger
User avatar
Seamus Finch
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:09 pm

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Seamus Finch »

Perception: 1d100<57: [16*] = 1
JIC: 1d100: [78] = 78 | 1d20: [13] = 13

Integrated N-f20a FF: 75/75

Wolf Whitaker wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:31 pm "Hostiles! Something in the walls. (Insert correct Cardinal direction here) wall! Second floor!"
Seamus slips out of his food coma as quickly as he had fallen into it., Before he is even consciously aware of it, his pistol is in his hand. He looks around the dining room with a sharp eye. ”Now what could be going on upstairs?” Seamus says loudly and clearly so the whole room can hear him. He ignores the gun shots, instead focusing on those bodies he can see. And the walls. He makes sure to pay some attention to the buildings walls. As he waits for a response, Seamus takes a final sip of water and then clips on his helmet.

In case of Combat:

Seamus will dive out of his chair and away from the threat activating his Forcefield while, moving to some form of cover. He will let loose with a well placed shot with his pistol, gauging the targets supernatural and/or technological abilities. Of the shot appears to be effective in dealing some form of damage, he holster his pistol and readies his rifle, letting loose an aimed pulse from its particle beam. If the target does appear to be resistant to energy damage, Seamus will break the nearest wooden piece of furniture he sees in an attempt to make an impromptu stake.

Initiative: 1d20+9: [17]+9 = 26
Action 1: Move to Cover
Actions 2 & 3: Single Aimed shot at Enemy with C-20 Laser Pistol: 1d20+15: [20]+15 = 35 | 2d6: [3, 3] = 6 MDC: CRIT!: 12 MDC
Action 4: Holster Pistol
Action 5a: If the Laser has no discernible effect: Break a piece of wooden furniture and try to make a stake.
Action 5b: If the attack appeared to affect the target: Ready laser rifle
Action 6a: shoot at enemy with Wilkes 577 Laser Rifles Particle Beam: 1d20+12: [14]+12 = 26 | 5d6+8: [3, 2, 2, 3, 5]+8 = 23 MDC
Action 6b: Activate one retractable Energy Blade.
Seamus Finch

Seamus Finch
HP:43/43
SDC:106/106

Armor M.D.C.:
Helmet: 50/50 | Body:90/90
Right Arm: 40/40 | Left Arm:40/40
Right Leg:50/50 | Left Leg:50/50
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 385
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia
Contact:

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Jack Killian »

Perception: 79% 1d100 1d100: [84] = 84
JIC d20: 1d20 1d20: [10] = 10
JIC: 1d100 1d100: [93] = 93
Init: 1d20+5 1d20+5: [7]+5 = 12

CONDITIONS: Wearing NG-EX10 Gladius Light Exo-Skeleton Battle Armor
Sense the Presence of Spirits Amulet
Enhanced Perception (10 I.S.P., Rifter 25; +15% to Perception, +1 to strike, +2 to parry and dodge, and a +10% to any skill that relies on any of the basic senses)
Wolf
"Hostiles! Something in the walls. (Insert correct Cardinal direction here) wall! Second floor!"
John
Uh oh! That sounds like trouble!" John then runs up the stairs at not-superhuman, but still fast speed - 20ish mph.
Jack calls on Enhanced Perception and Psychic Body Field, follows John knowing he is the best for smashing his way thru. But stops when john tells him about Jameson he moves out on the side remembering that there is a net gun out on the side.” Don’t move and don’t even think of moving. Especially for the gun behind the bar.”

7 Actions

Strike 1 Enhanced Perception moves out to one side
Strike 2 Psychic Body Field
Strike 3 If Jameson makes a move,
CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Strike: BURST 1d20+5 1d20+5: [10]+5 = 15
Damage: 6D6 6d6: [6, 4, 5, 1, 3, 4] = 23

Strike 4 3 CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Strike: BURST 1d20+5 1d20+5: [13]+5 = 18
Damage: 6D6 6d6: [6, 6, 5, 5, 3, 1] = 26

Strike 5 3 CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Strike: BURST 1d20+5 1d20+5: [3]+5 = 8
Damage: 6D6 6d6: [1, 3, 5, 6, 3, 5] = 23

Strike 6 save for dodge 1d20+10 1d20+10: [15]+10 = 25
Strike 7 save for dodge 1d20+10 1d20+10: [10]+10 = 20
Parry: 1d20+10,
1d20+10 , 1d20+10, 1d20+10 , 1d20+10, 1d20+10 , 1d20+10, 1d20+10 ,: [13]+10+[6]+10+[6]+10+[13]+10+[1]+10+[12]+10+[15]+10 = 136
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 42/ 42 MD
S.D.C.: 90/ 90

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.

CN-1 Net

Skorblade Short Sword
Damage: 1D8 M.D.
Weight: 3 lbs.
Features: excellent balance and craftsmanship
Modifiers: +1 to strike and parry
Book Reference: p.152, MercOps

TW "Dragonfire" Flamethrower
Range: 100'
Damage: single Shot: 1D6x10 M.D.
Spray: 1D6x10 M.D. to all targets in a 100' long & 10' wide arc (3 APM)
Rate of Fire: single shots & sprays only
Payload: 5 blasts per P.P.E. clip
Weight: 8 lbs.



Sense the Presence of Spirits Amulet

The amulet changes color whenever an entity is within 100'

Image
User avatar
Armstrong
Game Master
Posts: 178
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:34 am

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Armstrong »

Forewarned, if only by a few seconds, Wolf is given chance to react before he is attacked. The brief glimpse he gets before he has to concentrate on shooting is of multiple creatures, all humanoid, bald, claws coming out of their hands and he thinks he saw sign of sharp fangs.
Wolf Whitaker wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:31 pm Hostiles! Something in the walls. (Insert correct Cardinal direction here) wall! Second floor!"
He opens fire, pausing for a second to push Barclay towards and down the stairs out of the field of fire. Something is thrown and the light in the room is shattered, plunging Wolf into darkness. Still, Wolf's shooting, despite everything, feels pretty accurate to him and he hears something hit the floor. A few shots go wild and punch holes in the walls and roof, providing a modicum of light, though this only provides brief glimpses of what he is shooting at.
There are other flashes of light and his forcefield shimmers as it is struck. A couple of the creatures get close, swinging their claws at him, but his reflexes are so good, that he is able dodge most of them matrix style whilst returning fire. One of the creatures is knocked back by his equalizer, but the other one is able to land a land a glancing blow with its claws. The other two creatures appear to be further back in the attic.



Upon hearing Wolf's cry for help, John and Will rush upstairs in their own ways. John pushes past/through a couple of people coming down the stairs, who understandably freak out as his pebble form briefly envelopes them.

As they arrive at the stairs, they see Barclay on the floor, staring in panic up where they can hear sounds of gunfire. There is no light shining down from upstairs, except for brief flashes of light. Will, with his see aura, can make out Barclay's aura.
OOC Comments
Low level, healthy, no presence of magic or psychic abilities
You can hear gunfire from downstairs and sounds of lots of people screaming.


Downstairs, Seamus draws his pistol and starts sweeping the area. As he does so, the patrons start looking scared, though none of them look like they dare move from where they are.

"Guess you chummers don't really want the job then!" Jameson shrugs as John suddenly runs upstairs and then he bolts away from the entrance where he has been looming.

Both Seamus and Jack draw their weapons and open fire, energy blasts ripping holes in the fabric of the building. As gunfire erupts, the patrons begin panicking as do the townsfolk outside, who run around screaming, inhibiting your accuracy.

Jameson returns fire, a weapon in each hand and one held in his tail. His shots seem to miss badly, but they strike the walls, not only the front wall, but the side and internal walls, blowing substantial holes in them. Between the three of you, a large chunk of the front wall has quickly disappeared into a haze of wood shards flying all over the place.

A couple of shots strike Jameson and you can make out a shimmer around him as they connect. As he runs behind the fountain, his last act is to throw a grenade with great strength that hurtles through the air and lands in the kitchen.


Combat conditions

Jameson is a moving target, with bits of cover between you and him in the form of a fountain and panicking townsfolk. Between distance, panicking people and cover, you need minimum of 12 to strike to hit him if he exposes himself. The fountain, though sturdy and made from stone, does not appear to be made out of MD material.

The attic in currently in darkness, with brief beams of light shining through. Anybody unable to see in the dark has -2 to strike this round.

Wolf - forcefield has taken 35 MDC

The grenade will explode in action 1 next turn.
Roughnecks AGM
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Wolf Whitaker »

Perception: 1d100: [32] = 32 /36%
JIC: 1d20: [6] = 6 ; 1d100: [38] = 38


Paranoia Thought Text

Active Effects:
  • HF: 12
  • (Opponents must roll to save vs horror factor whenever the Gunslinger makes a serious threat (stop or else ... ) and again if and when he first draws his weapon on a character. Likewise, those who attack a Gunslinger must roll to save vs Horror Factor whenever facing the Gunslinger in a one-on-one showdown, duel, or shootout, and whenever an opponent makes his first move to attack the Gunslinger, even if the gunslinger isn't aware the character plans to attack.)
  • See Invisible
  • Integrated Sensor Pod - NE Armor
    • 360° scanning capability
    • Allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise
  • Optics Enhancements
    • Passive Night Vision: 3,000'
    • Telescopic Vision (up to 20x Magnification): 1 mile
    • Macro-Lens (6x Magnification)
    • Thermo-Imager: 2,000'
  • Fighting Spirit: +2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (1D8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 8 Minutes

Wolf smiles under his helmet as the lights go out. "You think the darkness will save you from ME!?!" (Opponents must roll to save vs horror factor whenever the Gunslinger makes a serious threat: HF 12) Wolf bellows as his night vision optics kick in. Wolf activates his talisman of Fighting Spirit (Dog Tag) 2/3 Charges. Being a little dramatic there aren't we?...Not Now!...On your left...I SAID NOT NOW! Wolf shifts his Equalizer to keeping control of the other creature so he is not overwhelmed. Shifting to what ever target is 2nd closest to knock them down and keep some measure of control over the battle. Wolf continues bobbing and weaving while laying down a truly terrifying amount of gun fire. With two shots ringing out every 1.25 seconds there is only a 2.5 second pause in Wolf's fire rate as he smoothly reloads and continues the onslaught.

Combat:
APM: 12

Expendable items count: By the end of the post
Fighting Spirit (Dog Tag) 2/3 Charges
Loaded Equalizer Speed loaders: 1/3
Loaded NE-6SL Speed loaders: 4/6
Loaded Thundergun Speed loaders: 6/6
Force Field: 125/160

Equalizer Knockdown
Human-sized beings who are shot must roll a 20 sided die to maintain their footing. This balance roll must equal or surpass the attacker's natural roll to strike. A successful save vs knockdown means the character feels like he's been kicked, but remains standing and suffers no penalties, except he loses initiative if he had it. A failed roll means the victim is knocked off his feet, and falls back onto the ground (1D4 feet), loses initiative (if he had it) and loses one melee attack/action! Even characters in M.D.C. body armor will be knocked down, however, those in power armor, full conversion cyborgs, robots, giants, supernatural beings and creatures of magic are not.
Init: 1d20+23: [20]+23 = 43

Action 1: Activate Talisman of Fighting Spirit and Yell at his enemies.
Action 2: Equalizer strike on 2nd closest moving target: 1d20+4: [9]+4 = 13 ; Damage: 5d6: [1, 1, 5, 5, 1] = 13 + Knockdown; NE-6SL Strike on closest target 1d20+4: [17]+4 = 21 ; Damage: 1d4*10: [2]*10 = 20
Action 3: Equalizer strike on 2nd closest moving target: 1d20+4: [6]+4 = 10 ; Damage: 5d6: [4, 5, 2, 4, 5] = 20 + Knockdown; NE-6SL Strike on closest target 1d20+4: [6]+4 = 10 ; Damage: 1d4*10: [3]*10 = 30
Action 4: Equalizer strike on 2nd closest moving target: 1d20+4: [3]+4 = 7 ; Damage: 5d6: [5, 5, 1, 6, 5] = 22 + Knockdown; NE-6SL Strike on closest target 1d20+4: [4]+4 = 8 ; Damage: 1d4*10: [1]*10 = 10
Action 5: Equalizer strike on 2nd closest moving target: 1d20+4: [4]+4 = 8 ; Damage: 5d6: [5, 5, 2, 5, 1] = 18 + Knockdown; NE-6SL Strike on closest target 1d20+4: [16]+4 = 20 ; Damage: 1d4*10: [1]*10 = 10
Action 6: Equalizer strike on 2nd closest moving target: 1d20+4: [10]+4 = 14 ; Damage: 5d6: [4, 3, 2, 1, 3] = 13 + Knockdown; NE-6SL Strike on closest target 1d20+4: [19]+4 = 23 CRIT; Damage: 1d4*10: [4]*10 = 40 x2 = 80 MD
Action 7: Reload Equalizer (Speed Loader) 1/3 remaining
Action 8: Reload NE-6SL (Speed Loader) 4/6 Remaining
Action 9: Equalizer strike on 2nd closest moving target: 1d20+4: [8]+4 = 12 ; Damage: 5d6: [1, 3, 4, 3, 4] = 15 + Knockdown; NE-6SL Strike on closest target 1d20+4: [12]+4 = 16 ; Damage: 1d4*10: [4]*10 = 40
Action 10: Equalizer strike on 2nd closest moving target: 1d20+4: [10]+4 = 14 ; Damage: 5d6: [4, 5, 5, 4, 5] = 23 + Knockdown; NE-6SL Strike on closest target 1d20+4: [16]+4 = 20 ; Damage: 1d4*10: [4]*10 = 40
Action 11: Equalizer strike on 2nd closest moving target: 1d20+4: [6]+4 = 10 ; Damage: 5d6: [3, 2, 6, 3, 5] = 19 + Knockdown; NE-6SL Strike on closest target 1d20+4: [3]+4 = 7 ; Damage: 1d4*10: [1]*10 = 10
Action 12: Equalizer strike on 2nd closest moving target: 1d20+4: [19]+4 = 23 CRIT; Damage: 5d6: [4, 3, 2, 1, 3] = 13 x2 = 26 MD + Knockdown; NE-6SL Strike on closest target 1d20+4: [16]+4 = 20 ; Damage: 1d4*10: [1]*10 = 10

Note: Should the target of the Equalizer and the NE-6SL be the same target Add 3 to the Strike roll. I have halved (Rounding Up) my strike roll for firing on separate opponents.

Note: If Wolf finds his targets are resistant to normal weapons fire he will switch to his Thunderguns. Same Strike roll; Damage is 1d6*10

Auto-Dodge: 1d20+10: [5]+10 = 15 ; 1d20+10: [6]+10 = 16 ; 1d20+10: [7]+10 = 17 ; 1d20+10: [7]+10 = 17 ; 1d20+10: [7]+10 = 17 ; 1d20+10: [17]+10 = 27 ; 1d20+10: [10]+10 = 20 ; 1d20+10: [6]+10 = 16 ; 1d20+10: [14]+10 = 24 ; 1d20+10: [20]+10 = 30 ; 1d20+10: [14]+10 = 24 ; 1d20+10: [19]+10 = 29

Contingencies:
- If Wolf's FF goes down he will sacrifice an action to activate his talisman of Invincible Armor (Dog Tag)
- If there becomes more then one opponent Wolf will slowly fall back to the narrow stairwell to keep his enemies in single file and only able to attack one at a time.
- If there are any mind control attempts I will expend EP to resist them.
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 12
Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6
Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
NE-F50: 160/160

Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 465
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC
Contact:

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by William Summers »

Perception: 1d100: [71] = 71 /51% (+15% regarding machines and/or magic)
JIC: 1d20: [14] = 14 / 1d100: [19] = 19
Conditions
  • SDC: 62/62
  • HP: 73/73
  • ISP: 31/31
  • Personal PPE: 196/196
  • Energy Sphere: 506/800. 30/32 days
  • PPE Talisman: 50/50
  • Armor Bizarre:
    • MDC: 65/65
    • Horror Factor: 11
    • Bonuses: Anyone fighting an opponent in Armor Bizarre is automatically distracted by the moving parts (-1 on initiative) and must make a save vs Horror Factor at the beginning of every melee round.
  • Mage Armor:
    • Helm: 50
    • Arms: 25 each
    • Legs: 45 each
    • Main Body: 90
  • Lightblade:
    • Duration: 7:45/8:00 minutes
    • Damage: 1d4x10+8 MD. Double damage against vampires, Shadow Beasts, and other demons vulnerable to light. No damage against those immune to light or energy.
    • Bonus: +1 to strike. Can parry energy attacks.

Will has spent enough time taking in the scene and has an idea of what needs to happen now. He quips, "What'd I tell you about messing around in the dark, Wolf?" before casting Globe of Daylight, illuminating the room and hopefully driving back anything afraid of the light. Then he takes his sword made of concentrated light and begins working on taking down whatever came after Wolf. He gauges the enemy's strength based on the damage they are able to do to his Armor Bizarre. He keys his radio and checks in with the rest of his crew. "What's the status downstairs, 'Necks?"

Initiative: 1d20+10: [8]+10 = 18
APM: 8

Action 1: Cast Globe of Daylight.
Action 2: Slice at enemy with Lightblade. Strike: 1d20+8: [13]+8 = 21 Damage: 1d4*10+8: [4]*10+8 = 48
Action 3: Slice at enemy with Lightblade. Strike: 1d20+8: [13]+8 = 21 Damage: 1d4*10+8: [3]*10+8 = 38
Action 4: Slice at enemy with Lightblade. Strike: 1d20+8: [4]+8 = 12 Damage: 1d4*10+8: [3]*10+8 = 38
Action 5: Slice at enemy with Lightblade. Strike: 1d20+8: [9]+8 = 17 Damage: 1d4*10+8: [1]*10+8 = 18
Action 6: Slice at enemy with Lightblade. Strike: 1d20+8: [20]+8 = 28 (CRIT) Damage: 1d4*10+8: [1]*10+8 = 18 x2=36
Action 7: Slice at enemy with Lightblade. Strike: 1d20+8: [1]+8 = 9 Damage: 1d4*10+8: [4]*10+8 = 48
Action 8: Slice at enemy with Lightblade. Strike: 1d20+8: [13]+8 = 21 Damage: 1d4*10+8: [1]*10+8 = 18

Parry: 1d20+11: [1]+11 = 12 1d20+11: [3]+11 = 14 1d20+11: [18]+11 = 29 1d20+11: [15]+11 = 26 1d20+11: [11]+11 = 22 1d20+11: [19]+11 = 30 1d20+11: [13]+11 = 24 1d20+11: [2]+11 = 13
The Man in Black
Ledger
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 354
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by John Altfeld »

Perception: 1d100: [26] = 26 / 76%
JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 / 1d100: [40] = 40

CONDITIONS: John is at +1 foot, See Invisible, Radar, Immune to Possession etc.

John finishes his look around the room. "Oh, I guess they were keeping vampires in the walls?"

Initiative: 1d20+13: [6]+13 = 19

Action 1: Turn to Pebbles
Action 2: Jump through wall to outside
Action 3: Grow to +35 feet
Action 4: Remove roof of inn using two hands (trying not to completely demolish inn, just take off the roof)
Action 5: Carefully sets the roof down so as not to crush people
Action 6: Grab Jameson
Action 7: Grab Jameson if free. If not free, ensure Jameson is disarmed.
Action 8: Attack any remaining targets attacking Roughnecks members - Strike: 1d20+10: [5]+10 = 15 / Damage: [1d6*10]+32: [6]*10 = 60
Action 9: Attack any remaining targets attacking Roughnecks members - Strike: 1d20+10: [5]+10 = 15 / Damage: (1d6*10)+32: [5]*10 = 50
Action 10: Attack any remaining targets attacking Roughnecks members - Strike: 1d20+10: [16]+10 = 26 / Damage: 1d6*10+32: [5]*10+32 = 82

Parries: 1d20+14: [13]+14 = 27 , 1d20+14: [9]+14 = 23 , 1d20+14: [1]+14 = 15 , 1d20+14: [7]+14 = 21 , 1d20+14: [1]+14 = 15
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 108/108
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290
Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 900'
• See the invisible
User avatar
Seamus Finch
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:09 pm

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Seamus Finch »

Perception: 1d100<29: [60] = 0
JIC: 1d20: [11] = 11 | 1d100: [39] = 39

Is he running? ”Guys The bartender is running!” Seamus almost laughs as he relays the information to his team. ”He wont get far.”

Seamus darts after Jameson, easily keeping pace. ”He has a Force Field of some kind.” As he follows behind Jameson, Seamus will let loose with two laser shots from his rifle, both to act as a distraction and also to test the mans defenses. During a short lul, Seamus will press a few buttons on his wrist mounted control device, summoning his Icarus Flight Pack to him,.

Combat Data:
NOTE: Speed= 80
Initiative: 1d20+9: [14]+9 = 23
Action 1: Move after Jameson
Action 2: If Jameson still has distance, Seamus will spend another action closing in. If not: reserved for dodge: 1d20+11: [9]+11 = 20
Action 3: Shoot at Jameson with Wilk’s 577 Laser shot: [roll]1d20+13[/roll | 3d6: [2, 5, 4] = 11 MDC
Action 4: Shoot at Jameson with Wilk’s 577 Laser shot: [roll]1d20+13[/roll | 3d6: [3, 6, 5] = 14 MDC
Action 5: Summon Icarus flight system to Seamus (How many rounds until it arrives? It should be in a close orbit above}
Action 6: Move to keep up with Jameson if he continues to flee, OR Reserved for Dodge: 1d20+11: [12]+11 = 23

Auto dodge: 1d20+11: [6]+11 = 17 | 1d20+11: [12]+11 = 23 | 1d20+11: [12]+11 = 23 | 1d20+11: [19]+11 = 30 | 1d20+11: [6]+11 = 17 | 1d20+11: [15]+11 = 26
Seamus Finch

Seamus Finch
HP:43/43
SDC:106/106

Armor M.D.C.:
Helmet: 50/50 | Body:90/90
Right Arm: 40/40 | Left Arm:40/40
Right Leg:50/50 | Left Leg:50/50
User avatar
Armstrong
Game Master
Posts: 178
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:34 am

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Armstrong »

Both John and Will rush up the stairs, leaving Baxter prostrate in the corridor.

Wolf performs an acrobatic display in the attic worthy of Christian Bale in Equilibrium as the five creatures attempt to dogpile him. Such are Wolf's reflexes, he is able to dodge their claws mostly except for one striking his force shield. Will conjures a globe of daylight as he enters the attic, flooding most of the room with magical daylight and now the team upstairs can see the creatures.

After a brief glance, John decides these are vampires. As Wolf and Will fend them off, he moves his pebble form to exit the building through the ever accumulating number of holes in the walls and roof. Just as he does so, the building shudders violently.

Downstairs, the unseen grenade detonates, the explosion tearing through the kitchen as Seamus rushes out of the building. His back is peppered with bits of debris, but this bounces off his armour.

The creatures all look very familiar to Will, having fought them before but he is surprised when most of them do not react to the presence of the globe of daylight. However, Wolf is able to spot that most of the creatures have exposed circuitry from where he has been shooting them,
One creature right next to Wolf starts screaming in pain as the sunlight strikes its body and it retreats to the rear of the room away from you.
The building suddenly shaking violently which distracts them all momentarily. Swinging his lightblade, it does not have the effect that Will is expecting but seems to injure the two that turn to face him. However, his attempts at blocking their blows prove futile as they repeatedly strike his armour.

Wolf, realising what he is facing and able to react quickly, concentrates his fire on one of them. After another swipe of its claws, another double shot catapults it from its feet, where it falls to the ground, badly injured.

Jack decide to get some cover, having missed the grenade thrown into the kitchen. As the explosion happens, he instinctively puts out any flames, but otherwise stays in cover.

Seamus summons his Icarus flight system to him as he rushes out firing at Jameson. His accuracy is poor as he blows holes in the fountain. Jameson returns fire, missing with one shot, but striking him with another.

Forgetting that he is up in the air, turning back to human form, John plummets briefly before turning into his giant form. Within a few seconds, he has grown to 35 feet and standing dominating the skyline of the town. He grabs hold of the roof and easily rips it clean off with his enhanced strength. Despite his best efforts and perhaps due to the swiftness of his action, the building reacts badly to this just as something else explodes downstairs. As John turns and starts running after Jameson, the outer reaches of the explosion strike his foot and causing him some pain. Debris peppers his foot, but this bounces off his skin.

The creature at the rear screams as it is engulfed in sunlight with nowhere to run. Again, the other creatures seem nonplussed by the presence of the daylight.

Jameson, with a juicer running shooting at him and suddenly a giant supernatural being seemingly appearing almost out of nowhere, decides discretion is the better part of valour and starts to run, firing behind him. Despite Seamus' reflexes, Jameson's is very accurate, shooting him in much the same way you have seen Wolf shoot.

The building, having suffered severe structural damage way beyond what it is capable of, finally gives way and with an ominous groan, comes crashing down having completely given up the idea of being a freestanding structure. The entire structure completely collapses.

As the building comes down, Wolf and Will find themselves suddenly without anything to stand on and drop two stories down, with the remains of the attic walls and roof and some of the floor collapsing on top of you.

Downstairs, Jack is surprised when the roof suddenly gives way and crashes down on top of him.


John, torn between his trapped comrades and needing to capture Jameson before he flees, decides that his teammates can look after themselves and races after Jameson. Bounding forward and trying not to step on the civilians who are now in even more of a panic, but running towards cover or towards the collapsed building, he outraces Seamus and swipes at Jameson a couple of times, who despite his size, proves to be quite nimble. He returns fire, trying to keep you away from him, laser fire splashing against your outstretched arm. Eventually you are able to scoop him up, hand around his waist and pinning his elongated tail as he continues to shoot your arm.

Whatever fire there was is immediately extinguished by Jack, but from where you are lying, you can hear the screams of pain and cries for help from other people trapped in the rubble. Where any of the creatures are, you do not currently know.

Up above the now ruined building, Will's globe of daylight hangs in mid air.

ooc
So the building you were mostly in is now a heap of rubble. As it was primarily wood, the impact and fall is not sufficient to damage your armour or forcefields. However, Jack, Wolf and Will are all still human and dropping uncontrollably for about twenty feet and/or having a building drop on you isn't something that your armour was designed for. Take 10 SDC damage from being bounced around inside their armour.

Right now, Jack, Wolf and Will are buried under the rubble, along with numerous non-combatants.

Wolf and Will being near the top are not under a lot of debris. This will only take an action to extricate yourself.

Seamus - the Icarus flight system will arrive on action 2 for you.

Butcher's bill
John 87 MDC
Jack 10 SDC
Wolf 10 SDC 64 MDC
Will 10 SDC 53 MDC
Seamus 37 MDC
Roughnecks AGM
User avatar
Armstrong
Game Master
Posts: 178
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:34 am

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Armstrong »

Theodore

Having extracted yourself from the hospital, you find yourself in the remains of the building. It takes a couple of days for your body to recover and acclimate to its newfound power, but thankfully you have little need to eat or drink in that time. Exactly who the group who was experimenting on you was, you aren't sure, but having dug through the remains of the hospital, there were a few oblique references to names you did not recognise and you found a couple of months of blood supply that were vital to your continued survival.

Stumbling away with your dragon cat, and speaking to a few locals who rush to your aid, nobody had seen any sign of dragons in the area, but a traveller passing through mentioned that several dragons who fled Tolkeen had been seen in this area.

A few days travel later and here you were, hunting for leads. The area was arable farmland, but lightly populated.

From your vantage point on a cliff, you can see in the distance what appears to be a town, maybe thirty or so miles away. Halfway between the town and your current position, there is a large farm, that looks to be quite bustling.
Roughnecks AGM
User avatar
St Theodore
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:21 am

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by St Theodore »

Preception: 1d100: [70] = 70 / 45%
JIC 1d20: [16] = 16 1d20, 1d100: [83] = 83 1d100
Conditions: see invisible

Theodore peers at the bustling farm down off in the distance. He leans over and gives Ritta, his dragon-cat, a few pats at the base of her neck. "I should go take a look around, down there. Drop me off about five miles from the main entrance. Then you can scout around and warn me if you see anything. Sounds like a plan?" From the cliff side, Theo surveys the terrain. Picking course for him and Ritta to stay concealed as much as possible until the time of their separation. The duo make the may toward the farm. Enjoying the quiet time leading up to the farm. Theodore jumps off of Ritta. "See ya' soon." Information only. No troubles. Ok? Theodore hears Ritta's advice. "Yeah, yeah. I know. Be good. I'll make sure it's not my fault this time, alright?" Theo scratches Ritts along her jowl before turn towards the farm. He walks the next five miles into farm. Using his halberd as a walking stick. As he approaches, he pays attention to where the majority of people are bustling about. Theodore looks for some of the important looking people around, or at least the most well connected sort of people. I only need a lead or two. Then I'll be on my way. What would Ritta want me to do? Lay low. Theodore pause for moment. Shakes his head and continues foward. I dont think I can lay low, looking like this. I mean come on. Who the hell walks around all day with a halberd? I got to find a better way to down play myself. Too late right now. Theodore does his best to try and not draw any attention to himself as he makes his way to find some infomation.
Skill Rolls
Land Navigation 53% 1d100: [88] = 88 - to find the best way to be concealed until about 5 miles from the farm.
Intelligence 49% 1d100: [79] = 79 - to find who would have the latest rumors and information about the activities of the local area.
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 385
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia
Contact:

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Jack Killian »

Perception: 79% 1d100
JIC d20: 1d20
JIC: 1d100
Init: 1d20+5

CONDITIONS: Wearing NG-EX10 Gladius Light Exo-Skeleton Battle Armor
Sense the Presence of Spirits Amulet
Enhanced Perception (10 I.S.P., Rifter 25; +15% to Perception, +1 to strike, +2 to parry and dodge, and a +10% to any skill that relies on any of the basic senses)
Psychic Body Field 80MDC
Jack -10 SDC

Jack claws out from the fallen building, his Armor has enhanced strength and this helps. He listens for other survivors and the cry s of help. He is also aware that there might be enemies around that need to be taken care of before rescue, he is also aware that he might need to heal some of the town folks.

7 Actions

Strike 1 climbs out from under the rubble
Strike 2 On hold for enemy showing themselves

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Strike: BURST 1d20+5 1d20+5: [16]+5 = 21
Damage: 6D6 D 6d6: [4, 1, 4, 4, 5, 5] = 23

Strike 3 On hold for enemy showing themselves
CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Strike: BURST 1d20+5 1d20+5: [2]+5 = 7
Damage: 6D6 D 6d6: [4, 4, 2, 2, 6, 6] = 24

Strike 4 Rescue civilians
Strike 5 Rescue civilians
Strike 6 Rescue civilians
Strike 7 save for dodge 1d20+10 1d20+10: [16]+10 = 26
Parry: 1d20+10 1d20+10: [10]+10 = 20 , 1d20+10 1d20+10: [18]+10 = 28 , 1d20+10 1d20+10: [8]+10 = 18 , 1d20+10 1d20+10: [20]+10 = 30 , 1d20+10 1d20+10: [11]+10 = 21 , 1d20+10 1d20+10: [13]+10 = 23 , 1d20+10 1d20+10: [10]+10 = 20 ,

After threats are over he will try to heal anyone that needs it.
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 42/ 42 MD
S.D.C.: 90/ 90

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.

CN-1 Net

Skorblade Short Sword
Damage: 1D8 M.D.
Weight: 3 lbs.
Features: excellent balance and craftsmanship
Modifiers: +1 to strike and parry
Book Reference: p.152, MercOps

TW "Dragonfire" Flamethrower
Range: 100'
Damage: single Shot: 1D6x10 M.D.
Spray: 1D6x10 M.D. to all targets in a 100' long & 10' wide arc (3 APM)
Rate of Fire: single shots & sprays only
Payload: 5 blasts per P.P.E. clip
Weight: 8 lbs.



Sense the Presence of Spirits Amulet

The amulet changes color whenever an entity is within 100'

Image
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Wolf Whitaker »

Perception: 1d100: [38] = 38 /36%
JIC: 1d20: [11] = 11 ; 1d100: [38] = 38


Paranoia Thought Text

Active Effects:
  • HF: 12
  • (Opponents must roll to save vs horror factor whenever the Gunslinger makes a serious threat (stop or else ... ) and again if and when he first draws his weapon on a character. Likewise, those who attack a Gunslinger must roll to save vs Horror Factor whenever facing the Gunslinger in a one-on-one showdown, duel, or shootout, and whenever an opponent makes his first move to attack the Gunslinger, even if the gunslinger isn't aware the character plans to attack.)
  • See Invisible
  • Night vision 60’
  • Integrated Sensor Pod - NE Armor
    • 360° scanning capability
    • Allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise
  • Optics Enhancements
    • Passive Night Vision: 3,000'
    • Telescopic Vision (up to 20x Magnification): 1 mile
    • Macro-Lens (6x Magnification)
    • Thermo-Imager: 2,000'
    Fighting Spirit: +2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (1D8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 8 Minutes
Wolf, in his element, fails to predict the floor giving way under him. "What the FU...Ahh...Ouch. God damn it! What the hell!" Focus, those enemies were not all dead...Got it. We aren't deep...You need to talk to John about structural integrity...Oh we going to have some words, but right now I think I'll take my frustration out on these things if they pop their heads up.
Wolf tastes blood in his mouth as claws his way out from the rubble still searching for enemies. He can see people running in all directions. Great, just what we need. A crowded shooting range...well if they get shot then they should have gotten out of the way...they need to get out of here. they are going to make fighting these things more difficult. Wolf turns to Jack. "Jack set these people out of here. Make sure they stay clear of our line of fire!" Wolf will then proceed to fire on any active hostiles. if none present them selves Wolf will stand at the ready sweeping the debits for possible hostiles.

Combat:

APM: 12

Expendable items count: By the end of the post
Fighting Spirit (Dog Tag) 2/3 Charges
Loaded Equalizer Speed loaders: 0/3
Loaded NE-6SL Speed loaders: 3/6
Loaded Thundergun Speed loaders: 6/6
Force Field: 96/160
SDC: 69/79


Human-sized beings who are shot must roll a 20 sided die to maintain their footing. This balance roll must equal or surpass the attacker's natural roll to strike. A successful save vs knockdown means the character feels like he's been kicked, but remains standing and suffers no penalties, except he loses initiative if he had it. A failed roll means the victim is knocked off his feet, and falls back onto the ground (1D4 feet), loses initiative (if he had it) and loses one melee attack/action! Even characters in M.D.C. body armor will be knocked down, however, those in power armor, full conversion cyborgs, robots, giants, supernatural beings and creatures of magic are not.


Init: 1d20+23: [8]+23 = 31

Action 1: Get out of the debits: Robotic PS 25 for Armor.
Action 2: Call out orders to Jack.
Action 3: Fire on any hostiles with both pistols; Equalizer: 1d20+7: [18]+7 = 25 CRIT; Damage: 5d6: [5, 4, 4, 4, 6] = 23 x2 = 46 MD + Knockdown/ NE-6SL: 1d20+7: [9]+7 = 16 ; Damage: 1d4*10: [2]*10 = 20
Action 4: Fire on any hostiles with both pistols; Equalizer: 1d20+7: [5]+7 = 12 ; Damage: 5d6: [5, 1, 6, 4, 3] = 19 + Knockdown/ NE-6SL: 1d20+7: [5]+7 = 12 ; Damage: 1d4*10: [2]*10 = 20
Action 5: Reload Equalizer Speed loader
Action 6: Reload NE-6SL Speed loader
Action 7: Fire on any hostiles with both pistols; Equalizer: 1d20+7: [15]+7 = 22 ; Damage: 5d6: [2, 4, 5, 2, 2] = 15 + Knockdown/ NE-6SL: 1d20+7: [6]+7 = 13 ; Damage: 1d4*10: [1]*10 = 10
Action 8: Fire on any hostiles with both pistols; Equalizer: 1d20+7: [7]+7 = 14 ; Damage: 5d6: [4, 3, 4, 5, 4] = 20 + Knockdown/ NE-6SL: 1d20+7: [8]+7 = 15 ; Damage: 1d4*10: [1]*10 = 10
Action 9: Fire on any hostiles with both pistols; Equalizer: 1d20+7: [11]+7 = 18 ; Damage: 5d6: [1, 3, 5, 5, 1] = 15 + Knockdown/ NE-6SL: 1d20+7: [20]+7 = 27 NAT 20; Damage: 1d4*10: [2]*10 = 20 x2 = 40 MD
Action 10: Fire on any hostiles with both pistols; Equalizer: 1d20+7: [18]+7 = 25 CRIT; Damage: 5d6: [4, 1, 3, 4, 4] = 16 x2 = 32 MD + Knockdown/ NE-6SL: 1d20+7: [3]+7 = 10 ; Damage: 1d4*10: [3]*10 = 30
Action 11: Fire on any hostiles with both pistols; Equalizer: 1d20+7: [6]+7 = 13 ; Damage: 5d6: [3, 3, 4, 5, 1] = 16 + Knockdown/ NE-6SL: 1d20+7: [12]+7 = 19 ; Damage: 1d4*10: [2]*10 = 20
Action 12: Fire on any hostiles with both pistols; Equalizer: 1d20+7: [9]+7 = 16 ; Damage: 5d6: [1, 6, 4, 5, 3] = 19 + Knockdown/ NE-6SL: 1d20+7: [4]+7 = 11 ; Damage: 1d4*10: [1]*10 = 10

Auto-Dodge: 1d20+10: [3]+10 = 13 ; 1d20+10: [8]+10 = 18 ; 1d20+10: [18]+10 = 28 ; 1d20+10: [10]+10 = 20 ; 1d20+10: [1]+10 = 11 ; 1d20+10: [6]+10 = 16 ; 1d20+10: [12]+10 = 22 ; 1d20+10: [17]+10 = 27 ; 1d20+10: [2]+10 = 12 ; 1d20+10: [12]+10 = 22 ; 1d20+10: [7]+10 = 17 ; 1d20+10: [8]+10 = 18

Contingencies:
- If Wolf's FF goes down he will sacrifice an action to activate his talisman of Invincible Armor (Dog Tag)
- If there are any mind control attempts I will expend EP to resist them.
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 12
Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6
Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
NE-F50: 160/160

Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 465
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC
Contact:

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by William Summers »

Perception: 1d100: [7] = 7 /51% (+15% regarding machines and/or magic)
JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4 / 1d100: [54] = 54
Conditions
  • SDC: 52/62
  • HP: 73/73
  • ISP: 31/31
  • Personal PPE: 196/196
  • Energy Sphere: 506/800. 30/32 days
  • PPE Talisman: 50/50
  • Armor Bizarre:
    • MDC: 12/65
    • Horror Factor: 11
    • Bonuses: Anyone fighting an opponent in Armor Bizarre is automatically distracted by the moving parts (-1 on initiative) and must make a save vs Horror Factor at the beginning of every melee round.
  • Mage Armor:
    • Helm: 50
    • Arms: 25 each
    • Legs: 45 each
    • Main Body: 90
  • Lightblade:
    • Duration: 7:45/8:00 minutes
    • Damage: 1d4x10+8 MD. Double damage against vampires, Shadow Beasts, and other demons vulnerable to light. No damage against those immune to light or energy.
    • Bonus: +1 to strike. Can parry energy attacks.

Wait, why aren't they running? No matter, I can figure that out later. Time to take them the hell down. Quick little bastards... Will notices the ground starts to rumble beneath him and is only able to let out an "Oh no..." before he goes plummeting downward toward the ground floor.

A few moments later, covered in rubble, he groans and then works to extract himself from the situation. Once he's free, he casts Telekinesis (-4 PPE, 60 lbs weight limit, 16 minute duration) and begins moving rubble out of the way as quickly as he can. "If you're down there, holler out! We'll get you free!" He moves his Globe of Daylight around to get a better view of what's beneath the rubble.
The Man in Black
Ledger
User avatar
Armstrong
Game Master
Posts: 178
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:34 am

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Armstrong »

Will and Wolf, with their enhancements, push their way clear of the rubble and back into daylight, somewhat covered in dust and bit of wood.

For Jack, it takes more effort, being buried deeper down in amongst the rubble. Rather than try and climb up, he is able to push and crawl his way towards freedom along the more substantially intact floor.

The only threat currently on display is Jameson, currently held in John’s enormous hand across the other side of the square. Seamus is over there with him, but is not shooting.

Wolf is up on his feet and spies Jameson who is in the process of striking away at John, seemingly in an effort to escape his colossal grip. The pressure being exerted shows a forcefield surrounding the grackletooth. Not wanting this one to escape, Wolf opens fire as fast as he can in order to help take down their one remaining lead.

The first of his shots strike true, splashing against the forcefield, but his remaining shots are a mixed bag, alternating between striking Jameson and John’s arm and fist.

Jameson concentrates his attacks on John, one hand repeatedly punching the giant death grip John has him in and the other firing his pistol at John’s face. John raises his other hand to protect his eyes whilst squeezing with the other.

At some point during the shooting, the forcefield gives way and the weapon fire begins directly striking Jameson.


Will on the other hand looks to start rescuing people. Summoning his magical energies, he creates a telekinetic force and indiscriminately, starts tossing rubble aside without a plan before creating a big enough hole to send the globe of daylight inside. He can see somebody’s arm sticking out of the rubble, the hand moving slightly as if waving. As he calls out to any survivors, he is able to make out a few different shouts for help.

As Jack crawls through the rubble, his arm comes to rest on the legs of a person. They move slightly and there is a groan as Jack touches them. Using the robotic strength of his armour, he begins shifting the rubble up, and Jack can see, thanks to the armour, one of the customers who is obviously wounded but still breathing.
OOC Comments
you don’t think you are very far from the edge of the rubble.
Behind him, Jack can feel some of his beloved fire moving away and down from where he is.

From what John and Seamus can see, Jameson looks badly shot up but still breathing and has ceased attacking John, his arms sagging and resting on top of the hand gripping him.

John’s arm and hand look badly beaten and bruised, with several cauterised wounds across several feet of the length of his appendage.

Butchers Bill
John 223 MDC (310 in total)
Jack 10 SDC
Wolf 10 SDC 64 MDC
Will 10 SDC 53 MDC
Seamus 37 MDC
Roughnecks AGM
User avatar
Armstrong
Game Master
Posts: 178
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:34 am

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Armstrong »

The dragon cat manoeuvres down towards the farm from their vantage point with cat like dexterity and grace ignoring Theodore's instructions of where to go, stopping at the distance Theodore stated. As the Dragon juicer gets down and claims he will do better than last time, Ritta gives a little approximation of a chuckle and shakes her head, though she does purr a bit at the scratching. As Theodore starts his walk, Ritta runs off a little way behind some boulders to stay out of sight.

Theodore makes his way towards the farm, though when he goes a small embankment into a stream, he gets a little turned around and comes up the wrong way and needs to course correct.

As he approaches the farm, he can see there is a small stockade around the main section of the farm where most of the buildings are, but out in the fields, there are a few men rounding up some cattle. They spot you and immediately their horses shy away and they have to struggle to control their mounts.

Up on the tower, a tall broad man wearing what might be a Brannigan coat spies you long after you spy him. From his helmet, he calls out to you on an open frequency before you get into voice range.

"Halt friend," he calls with a strong southern drawl, "where might you be heading?"
Roughnecks AGM
User avatar
St Theodore
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:21 am

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by St Theodore »

Preception: 1d100: [67] = 67 / 45%
JIC 1d20: [13] = 13 1d20, 1d100: [3] = 3 1d100
Conditions: see invisible
Armstrong wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:53 pm
Up on the tower, a tall broad man wearing what might be a Brannigan coat spies you long after you spy him. From his helmet, he calls out to you on an open frequency before you get into voice range.

"Halt friend," he calls with a strong southern drawl, "where might you be heading?"
Theodore comes to a stop before clicking on his radio. "Good afternoon, me, I am just passing through and lookin for some information." He pause a moment, thinking of a cover story, before continuing. Got'ta make 'em think I'm just on a simple pilgrimage. Then if they are still persistent, let them know I'm looking for my brother and sister. Keep it calm and simple. I promised Ritta. He glances up at the tower one more time before looking about at the rest of the farm. Looking for a place where the guard might gather or any concealed doorways or windows. "I could use a bIt to eat and drink and possibly rest my weary feet, for an hour or so. Then I would be on my way. Is that something this farm could accommodate? I can pay, so no need for a hand out."
Skill Rolls
Detect Concealment 44% 1d100: [45] = 45 - find any concealed door or window
Intelligence 49% 1d100: [15] = 15 - to locate where the guard might be stationed at.
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 465
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC
Contact:

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by William Summers »

Perception: 1d100: [82] = 82 /51% (+15% regarding machines and/or magic)
JIC: 1d20: [11] = 11 / 1d100: [65] = 65
Conditions
  • SDC: 52/62
  • HP: 73/73
  • ISP: 31/31
  • Personal PPE: 196/196
  • Energy Sphere: 506/800. 30/32 days
  • PPE Talisman: 50/50
  • Armor Bizarre:
    • MDC: 12/65
    • Horror Factor: 11
    • Bonuses: Anyone fighting an opponent in Armor Bizarre is automatically distracted by the moving parts (-1 on initiative) and must make a save vs Horror Factor at the beginning of every melee round.
  • Mage Armor:
    • Helm: 50
    • Arms: 25 each
    • Legs: 45 each
    • Main Body: 90
  • Lightblade:
    • Duration: 7:45/8:00 minutes
    • Damage: 1d4x10+8 MD. Double damage against vampires, Shadow Beasts, and other demons vulnerable to light. No damage against those immune to light or energy.
    • Bonus: +1 to strike. Can parry energy attacks.

Will continues to lay the rubble neatly outside of what once was the building. Working from the top down, he pays attention to what rubble may shift in an unsafe way. He then starts working from a different area to prevent a cave in. (General Repair and Maintenance: 1d100: [35] = 35 /83%) If he can safely bring someone to the surface, he will do so. Over the radio, he calls out "'Necks, sound off. Where we at?"
The Man in Black
Ledger
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Wolf Whitaker »

Perception: 1d100: [67] = 67 /36%
JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13 ; 1d100: [18] = 18


Paranoia Thought Text

Active Effects:
  • HF: 12
  • (Opponents must roll to save vs horror factor whenever the Gunslinger makes a serious threat (stop or else ... ) and again if and when he first draws his weapon on a character. Likewise, those who attack a Gunslinger must roll to save vs Horror Factor whenever facing the Gunslinger in a one-on-one showdown, duel, or shootout, and whenever an opponent makes his first move to attack the Gunslinger, even if the gunslinger isn't aware the character plans to attack.)
  • See Invisible
  • Night vision 60’
  • Integrated Sensor Pod - NE Armor
    • 360° scanning capability
    • Allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise
  • Optics Enhancements
    • Passive Night Vision: 3,000'
    • Telescopic Vision (up to 20x Magnification): 1 mile
    • Macro-Lens (6x Magnification)
    • Thermo-Imager: 2,000'
    Fighting Spirit: +2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (1D8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 7 Minutes

Wolf dashes over to John. So he can take damage...Looked like mostly from the Equalizer...Indeed it did...Looks like this "Jameson" is alive as well...I hope Barclay made it. He needs to finish slipping his guts...Yes, as long as he has not spilled them literally yet...Always the pessimist. Wolf yells out to John, "John! Drop Jameson. I'll secure him. Help Will and Jack with the people in the building you toasted. Make sure Barclay makes it out in once piece. I think we got him on our side for a moment." Wolf will secure Jameson with his two pairs of MDC handcuffs. Wolf will attach one set to Jameson's ankles Then loop the second set around them to secure Jameson's arms behind him and lay him on his side. It is a very painful position, equivalent of being hog tied, but less forgiving. It should keep Jameson immobilized. Wolf Keys his radio, "Wolf here. I have Jameson secured. Seamus I need you to keep an eye on Jameson and keep any crowds back. Will we need to make sure Barclay makes it. He was able to warn me about the attack and may have more useful information and maybe more willing to share then Jameson. Also those beings we fought seemed to be mechanical. Except for one of them. One tried to keep away from you little ball of light Will. Also I don't know if we were able to kill them all so be careful with the excavation of people." Wolf will then move back over to assist with the excavation of anyone who was still in the building when it came down.

Wolf will still be wary of possible enemies lurking in the wrecked building.


Expendable items count: By the end of the post
Fighting Spirit (Dog Tag) 2/3 Charges
Loaded Equalizer Speed loaders: 0/3
Loaded NE-6SL Speed loaders: 3/6
Loaded Thundergun Speed loaders: 6/6
Force Field: 96/160
SDC: 69/79
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 12
Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6
Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
NE-F50: 160/160

Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 354
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by John Altfeld »

Perception: 1d100: [21] = 21 1d100: [26] = 26 / 76%
JIC: 1d20: [16] = 16 1d20: [17] = 17 / 1d100: [77] = 77 1d100: [40] = 40

CONDITIONS: John is at +35 feet, See Invisible, Radar, Immune to Possession etc.

Disturbed by what happened to the building, John shakes off his momentary distraction. "I didn't do it!" he announces. "It was definitely the explosion!"

He looks down at his arm. OWWW! No one's ever gotten an arm out like that before!

Initiative: 1d20+13: [17]+13 = 30

Action 1: Activate Talisman of Impervious to Energy. "Faraday!"
Action 2: Glances down at Jameson. "Hey! Cut it out!" and flicks the weapon out of Jameson's hand. Strike: 1d20+10: [13]+10 = 23
Action 3: If Jameson not disarmed, disarm Jameson. If Jameson is disarmed, carefully hold him for Wolf to restrain. Strike: 1d20+10: [20]+10 = 30
Action 4: If Jameson not disarmed, disarm Jameson. If Jameson is disarmed, carefully hold him for Wolf to restrain. If Jameson restrained, carefully start clearing the building, trying to protect survivors. Strike: 1d20+10: [6]+10 = 16
Action 5: Continue clearing building, protecting survivors, while keeping an eye on Jameson. If vampires/robot vampires attack, destroy robot enemies. - Strike: 1d20+10: [6]+10 = 16 / Damage: 1d6*10+32: [3]*10+32 = 62
Action 6: Continue clearing building, protecting survivors, while keeping an eye on Jameson. If vampires/robot vampires attack, destroy robot enemies. - Strike: 1d20+10: [6]+10 = 16 / Damage: 1d6*10+32: [3]*10+32 = 62
Action 7: Continue clearing building, protecting survivors, while keeping an eye on Jameson. If vampires/robot vampires attack, destroy robot enemies. - Strike: 1d20+10: [12]+10 = 22 / Damage: 1d6*10+32: [4]*10+32 = 72
Action 8: Continue clearing building, protecting survivors, while keeping an eye on Jameson. If vampires/robot vampires attack, destroy robot enemies. - Strike: 1d20+10: [17]+10 = 27 / Damage: 1d6*10+32: [2]*10+32 = 52
Action 9: Continue clearing building, protecting survivors, while keeping an eye on Jameson. If vampires/robot vampires attack, destroy robot enemies. - Strike: 1d20+10: [19]+10 = 29 / Damage: 1d6*10+32: [4]*10+32 = 72
Action 10: Continue clearing building, protecting survivors, while keeping an eye on Jameson. If vampires/robot vampires attack, destroy robot enemies. - Strike: 1d20+10: [16]+10 = 26 / Damage: 1d6*10+32: [6]*10+32 = 92


Parries: 1d20+14: [20]+14 = 34 , 1d20+14: [18]+14 = 32 , 1d20+14: [15]+14 = 29 , 1d20+14: [14]+14 = 28 , 1d20+14: [6]+14 = 20 , 1d20+14: [15]+14 = 29
Dice rolls
1d20+10: [7]+10 = 17
1d6*10+32: [1]*10+32 = 42
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 108/108
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290
Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 900'
• See the invisible
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 385
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia
Contact:

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Jack Killian »

Perception: 79% 1d100 1d100: [92] = 92
JIC d20: 1d20 1d20: [19] = 19
JIC: 1d100 1d100: [45] = 45
Init: 1d20+5 1d100 1d20+5: [6]+5 = 11

CONDITIONS:
OOC Comments
Wearing NG-EX10 Gladius Light Exo-Skeleton Battle Armor
Sense the Presence of Spirits Amulet
Enhanced Perception (10 I.S.P., Rifter 25; +15% to Perception, +1 to strike, +2 to parry and dodge, and a +10% to any skill that relies on any of the basic senses)
Psychic Body Field
For Jack, it takes more effort, being buried deeper down in amongst the rubble. Rather than try and climb up, he is able to push and crawl his way towards freedom along the more substantially intact floor.

As Jack crawls through the rubble, his arm comes to rest on the legs of a person. They move slightly and there is a groan as Jack touches them. Using the robotic strength of his armour, he begins shifting the rubble up, and Jack can see, thanks to the armour, one of the customers who is obviously wounded but still breathing.

Behind him, Jack can feel some of his beloved fire moving away and down from where he is.
As Jack clears the rubble off the person he asks, “Are you OK? Where are you hurt?” He hears William call out for a hand. Jack responds, “I’m over here and I have an injured Civilian.”
Jack calls out over the radio, “We need to get the survivors out of here, and rescue anymore that we can find.” Pause “There might be a cellar under here I think I sense something moving under it He might be getting away.”
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 42/ 42 MD
S.D.C.: 90/ 90

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.

CN-1 Net

Skorblade Short Sword
Damage: 1D8 M.D.
Weight: 3 lbs.
Features: excellent balance and craftsmanship
Modifiers: +1 to strike and parry
Book Reference: p.152, MercOps

TW "Dragonfire" Flamethrower
Range: 100'
Damage: single Shot: 1D6x10 M.D.
Spray: 1D6x10 M.D. to all targets in a 100' long & 10' wide arc (3 APM)
Rate of Fire: single shots & sprays only
Payload: 5 blasts per P.P.E. clip
Weight: 8 lbs.



Sense the Presence of Spirits Amulet

The amulet changes color whenever an entity is within 100'

Image
User avatar
Armstrong
Game Master
Posts: 178
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:34 am

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Armstrong »

Day 3.
Time: 09:07 am
Temperature: 50 degrees with 10% Humidity.
Weather: Sky is clear and blue with no clouds in site. The sun looks like it will remain out and bright, there are no clouds to block it.

Nb. No longer in combat

All around the town, things seem eerily quiet. The populace, who had been running for cover or around like headless chickens, seem to have calmed down now the shooting has stopped. A few of them begin peeking their heads out from behind cover, wanting to see what was happening now the smoke was clearing.

Jameson hangs limply in John's hand, but even so, John flicks the weapon out of the Grackletooth's hand and punts it way into the distance over the buildings of the town. Dropping their unconscious attacker on the floor, Seamus covers him, whilst John stomps his way back over the collapsed remains of the inn. Wolf begins handcuffing Jameson, but as he does so, he is given a momentary start as the long tail flips across, almost striking Wolf. However, despite any worries, the tail doesn't appear to be threatening and Wolf is able to cuff Jameson.

Jack and Will lead the rescue efforts and as they do so, the townsfolk regain their nerve as no further gunfire was in evidence.

The arm Will finds sticking out belongs to Barclay still alive, but obviously badly injured and unconscious. He doesn't look like he will be long for this world without immediate aid of some kind.

The person Jack has found does not respond to his calls, but as he clears the rubble, he finds the waitress, injured but somehow alive.

As John joins Will and Jack in clearing the rubble, they quickly find more people buried. A couple are little worse for wear, having been hiding behind the bar, but a couple where the kitchen had stood have been practically burnt to a crisp.

Jack feels the fire go down slightly further and then disappear as he radios the rest of the team.

As you pull out the remaining survivors, John lifts a section of debris and finds what appears to be a hatch in one of the back rooms
Roughnecks AGM
User avatar
Armstrong
Game Master
Posts: 178
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:34 am

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Armstrong »

St Theodore wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:02 am Theodore comes to a stop before clicking on his radio. "Good afternoon, me, I am just passing through and lookin for some information." He pause a moment, thinking of a cover story, before continuing. Got'ta make 'em think I'm just on a simple pilgrimage. Then if they are still persistent, let them know I'm looking for my brother and sister. Keep it calm and simple. I promised Ritta. He glances up at the tower one more time before looking about at the rest of the farm. Looking for a place where the guard might gather or any concealed doorways or windows. "I could use a bIt to eat and drink and possibly rest my weary feet, for an hour or so. Then I would be on my way. Is that something this farm could accommodate? I can pay, so no need for a hand out."
Skill Rolls
Detect Concealment 44% 1d100: [45] = 45 - find any concealed door or window
Intelligence 49% 1d100: [15] = 15 - to locate where the guard might be stationed at.
"Hang on," is the response, before radio silence resumes. There is silence for a couple of minutes and just when you starting to get a little ansty, the radio bursts to life again.

"Wait there. One of the bosses is coming out to see you!"

A moment later, a couple of riders on horseback can be seen making their from the nearby field. In the lead is a well dressed man with fine suit with waistcoat, the human at the back is clearly the muscle encased in Desperado armour and sporting a shotgun of some kind across the pommel of his saddle.

"Welcome to the Prescott Farm, what brings you all the way out here? The well dressed men asks with a friendly smile on his face, "Jeremiah Prescott's the name and I am always looking for talent. That's if you are looking for work?"
Roughnecks AGM
User avatar
St Theodore
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:21 am

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by St Theodore »

Preception: 1d100: [25] = 25 / 45%
JIC 1d20: [12] = 12 1d20, 1d100: [40] = 40 1d100
Conditions: see invisible
Armstrong wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:15 pm "Welcome to the Prescott Farm, what brings you all the way out here? The well dressed men asks with a friendly smile on his face, "Jeremiah Prescott's the name and I am always looking for talent. That's if you are looking for work?"
Theodore quickly glances at the shotgun. Keep calm. They're probably just suspicious of me. Just need some info. "I'm on a pilgrimage for enlightenment and information. My name is Theo. I'm am just a simple servant of the Lord Jesus Christ." Theodore returns Jermiah' smile with equal vigor. "One could always use some work. What type of work do you have in mind?" Theodore adjusts his backpack with a quick upward thrust. "Though, all work is the Lord's work. I would be glad to lend my services in your aid." Theodore takes another look at Jeremiah's companions before turning his attention back to Jeremiah. He loosens his grip on his Halaber just a little. Even his posture relaxes a bit. All this in an effort to show no signs of hostile intent. Hope they buy my pilgrimage story. Having no firearms should help. Hope somebody notices my rosary to help cement my story.
User avatar
Armstrong
Game Master
Posts: 178
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:34 am

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Armstrong »

St Theodore wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:37 pm Theodore quickly glances at the shotgun. Keep calm. They're probably just suspicious of me. Just need some info. "I'm on a pilgrimage for enlightenment and information. My name is Theo. I'm am just a simple servant of the Lord Jesus Christ." Theodore returns Jermiah' smile with equal vigor. "One could always use some work. What type of work do you have in mind?" Theodore adjusts his backpack with a quick upward thrust. "Though, all work is the Lord's work. I would be glad to lend my services in your aid." Theodore takes another look at Jeremiah's companions before turning his attention back to Jeremiah. He loosens his grip on his Halaber just a little. Even his posture relaxes a bit. All this in an effort to show no signs of hostile intent. Hope they buy my pilgrimage story. Having no firearms should help. Hope somebody notices my rosary to help cement my story.
Jeremiah looks at you with a bemused look on his face.

"God must really be on your side for you to survive out there with only your spear, Lets see if there are any jobs we can have you do before we can send you on your way. I'm sure there are a few heathens amongst us in need of your ministrations!" he laughs at his joke and turns to his subordinate who starts laughing as well.

"Come," he motions for you to follow him, "you can tell me where it is you are headed to." Jeremiah turns his horse and rides towards the stockade. As he does so, one of the sections clicks out of place and slide across. What appeared to be wood surrounds a metal interior. "You have to be prepared in this area. Something you would be best to

You walk through the gate and into the main area. There is a grand house in the middle, with two large barns to the left and right of you against the wall, a stable across from the barn on the left and another barn set back behind the house.
american-farmhouse-2B7HCAE.jpg
Walking up towards the big grand house, Theo spots one of the farmhands, a Psi Stalker, who waves his hand across his throat. Jeremiah nods to him and he turns to back to Theo.
"Come in and get something to eat. Thinking we might be able to drop off in town. Some work there for you I think."

In the distance, there is a rumble that definitely wasn't thunder. It came from the direction of the town.

"What was that?" Jeremiah exclaims, running off towards a tower on the other side of the farm.
Roughnecks AGM
User avatar
St Theodore
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:21 am

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by St Theodore »

Preception: 1d100: [98] = 98 / 45%
JIC 1d20: [2] = 2 1d20, 1d100: [70] = 70 1d100
Conditions: see invisible
Armstrong wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:01 pm
Jeremiah looks at you with a bemused look on his face.

"God must really be on your side for you to survive out there with only your spear, Lets see if there are any jobs we can have you do before we can send you on your way. I'm sure there are a few heathens amongst us in need of your ministrations!" he laughs at his joke and turns to his subordinate who starts laughing as well.
Theodore laughs with the group. "Well I never said I was a preacher." He says loud enough to be heard over the laughter. "You might be surprised of how sinful I might be" What the hell was that, how sinful I might be?! I sound like a fucking idiot. Come on I can do better.

Armstrong wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:01 pm "Come," he motions for you to follow him, "you can tell me where it is you are headed to." Jeremiah turns his horse and rides towards the stockade. As he does so, one of the sections clicks out of place and slide across. What appeared to be wood surrounds a metal interior. "You have to be prepared in this area. Something you would be best to
"You can never be too prepared in my book. Besides little surprises like that never hurt either." Theodore takes a few seconds to look, as the section slides. His hawk like vison scanning for other hidden surprises and to see what makes the section so concealed. That a pretty neat trick. Better not be walking into a trap. That would be bad for them and make a mess of getting a lead.[/b]
Skill Rolls
Detect Concealment 44% d%>44: [61*] = 1 - so see if Theodore can find any other hidden doors or balistraria.
Intelligence 49% d%>49: [94*] = 1 - to see if Theodore can find any places where reinforcements can come from

Armstrong wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:01 pm You walk through the gate and into the main area. There is a grand house in the middle, with two large barns to the left and right of you against the wall, a stable across from the barn on the left and another barn set back behind the house.

american-farmhouse-2B7HCAE.jpg

Walking up towards the big grand house, Theo spots one of the farmhands, a Psi Stalker, who waves his hand across his throat. Jeremiah nods to him and he turns to back to Theo.
"Come in and get something to eat. Thinking we might be able to drop off in town. Some work there for you I think."

In the distance, there is a rumble that definitely wasn't thunder. It came from the direction of the town.

"What was that?" exclaims, running off towards a tower on the other side of the farm.


Theodore smiles when Jeremiah mentions work in town. "That's wonderful news. Your generosity is greatly appreciated. You dont know my chance what type of work they might have? Though, it doesn't really matter. I will take what I can get at the moment. As my friend Ritta would always try to tell me, it's good to help others in need." Sepak of, wonder what she is doing? Probably sp thing more fun than this. I don't need a grand tour of some fancy farm. I should be able to pick up something in town. He hasn't mentioned a payment for the ride yet?! Theodore turns towards the sound, listening for anymore sound to repeat. "Sounds big whatever it is." Theodore eclamis as he follows behind Jeremiah. If allowed, Theodore will run up to the top of the tower. Looking out any window as he runs up the stairs. Reaching the top, he stops and peers out to scan the area. He waits for Jeremiah to reach I'm if he passes him along the way.
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 354
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by John Altfeld »

Perception: 1d100: [93] = 93 / 76%
JIC: 1d100: [17] = 17 / 1d20: [18] = 18

CONDITIONS: John is at +35 feet, See Invisible, Radar, Immune to Possession etc.

John makes sure the rest of the team has saving people from the broken building/guarding Jameson handled, then shrinks down to +10 feet, while remaining pebbles.

"I can't believe that explosion took down the tavern!" he says loudly. "Where did that come from? Was it the vampires? Is everyone okay?"

I'm sure Jack will heal these people...

"Oh, hey, a hatch!"

He walks over to the hatch and rips it out of the ground.
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 108/108
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290
Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 900'
• See the invisible
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Wolf Whitaker »

Perception: 1d100: [5] = 5 /36%
JIC: 1d20: [15] = 15 ; 1d100: [33] = 33


Paranoia Thought Text

Active Effects:
  • HF: 12
  • (Opponents must roll to save vs horror factor whenever the Gunslinger makes a serious threat (stop or else ... ) and again if and when he first draws his weapon on a character. Likewise, those who attack a Gunslinger must roll to save vs Horror Factor whenever facing the Gunslinger in a one-on-one showdown, duel, or shootout, and whenever an opponent makes his first move to attack the Gunslinger, even if the gunslinger isn't aware the character plans to attack.)
  • See Invisible
  • Night vision 60’
  • Integrated Sensor Pod - NE Armor
    • 360° scanning capability
    • Allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise
  • Optics Enhancements
    • Passive Night Vision: 3,000'
    • Telescopic Vision (up to 20x Magnification): 1 mile
    • Macro-Lens (6x Magnification)
    • Thermo-Imager: 2,000'

Wolf helps dig people out of the ruble. When Barclay is pulled from the wreckage of the building just clinging to life Wolf frowns ever so slightly. Damn. We still need answers...Yes you do. Too bad you don't know first Aid...I know. I guess I've never really needed it. This is very inconvenient...As much as I believe he will try to kill you, you still need answers from him. It would be best to keep him alive for now...Agreed. Damn. Very inconvenient.

If no one else moves to heal Barclay, Wolf will remove his load bearing vest and clip it to Barclay and activate the integrated IRMSS to stabilize the man. "You're not leaving us that easily Barclay. You still need to give me that Whiskey recipe." Once Barclay is no longer on deaths door, Wolf will throw his Load Bearing vest back on and he will begin topping his weapons and speed loaders back up.

When John rips open the hatch, Wolf looks at him briefly, "We should make sure this are is secure before we had through there. Don't want anything dropping in behind us. Also it seemed that only one of the beings that was attaching us was sensitive to the sunlight. The others were partly mechanical."

Lore: Demons & Monsters-- 1d100: [17] = 17 /65% (Attempt to Identify the foes based on what was observed during the fight)
Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic-- 1d100: [9] = 9 /45% (Attempt to Identify the foes based on what was observed during the fight)
Lore: American Indians-- 1d100: [63] = 63 /40% (Attempt to Identify the foes based on what was observed during the fight)

While digging through the wreckage Wolf will also be on the look out for any bodies of the creatures that attacked them. I know I severely injured at least one of them. It should have been near me when the building collapsed...it should be it is odd that we have not come across it yet. Keep your wits about you. There may be more else where...I know. I don't like this at all.
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 12
Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6
Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
NE-F50: 160/160

Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 354
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by John Altfeld »

ROLLS HELD

John looks over at Wolf. "Wait, what? Cyborg vampires? That's so cool!"

Lore: Demons & Monsters (can you make cyborg vampires?): 1d100: [35] = 35 / 86%

He stops and thinks for a second. "You can't make cyborg vampires. They're too... metaphysically squishy. So those weren't vampires. They were just cyborgs with fangs or something."

When he realizes what Wolf is doing, John says, "Jack normally heals people. He's a fun dichotomy of 'burn people' / 'fix people.'"

"... Uh, I mean... Magic good healing!"

Then he looks down the hole he opened.
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 108/108
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290
Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 900'
• See the invisible
User avatar
Armstrong
Game Master
Posts: 178
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:34 am

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Armstrong »

Day 3.
Time: 09:12 am
Temperature: 50 degrees with 10% Humidity.
Weather: Sky is clear and blue with no clouds in site. The sun looks like it will remain out and bright, there are no clouds to block it.

Nb. No longer in combat

Wolf strips his combat vest off and lays over Barclay's battered and bloodied body. The IRMSS gets to work quickly and his breathing becomes steadier. It doesn't look like he is in immediate danger of dying, but the likelihood of him waking up any time soon seems remote.

The other residents pull the survivors away and begin calling for any medical supplies.

"Have you got anything that can help?" a blonde female resident practically screams in Will's face.

As John tries to claim no knowledge of how the building fell down, he gets a few dirty looks from the nearby residents. John reaches with his enormous hand and in one fell swoop rips the hatch open. As he does so, a single energy blast shoots out harmlessly up into the air.

As he cautiously peers down below, John can see the collapsed form of what outwardly he would have called a vampire, if it wasn't for the fact of the exposed circuitry sparking furiously. That energy blast looks to have been a last gasp effort before all the damage finally caught up with it.

The body lay at the bottom of a shaft about twenty feet deep with a metal ladder down the left hand side. From John's view, he could see that the body lay partially in a dirt tunnel heading approximately North east.
Roughnecks AGM
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 385
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia
Contact:

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Jack Killian »

Perception: 94% 1d100 1d100: [72] = 72
JIC d20: 1d20 1d20: [3] = 3
JIC: 1d100 1d100: [12] = 12

Jack starts taking care of the wounded personnel using Healing ( Healing Touch (6 I.S.P.) not sure how many of these he needs but 4 or five cure s will be OK) He tries to save as much energy as he can knowing that it might be needed later.
He plays his part of saving people to help bring the towns folk over too their side of the conflict.
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 42/ 42 MD
S.D.C.: 90/ 90

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.

CN-1 Net

Skorblade Short Sword
Damage: 1D8 M.D.
Weight: 3 lbs.
Features: excellent balance and craftsmanship
Modifiers: +1 to strike and parry
Book Reference: p.152, MercOps

TW "Dragonfire" Flamethrower
Range: 100'
Damage: single Shot: 1D6x10 M.D.
Spray: 1D6x10 M.D. to all targets in a 100' long & 10' wide arc (3 APM)
Rate of Fire: single shots & sprays only
Payload: 5 blasts per P.P.E. clip
Weight: 8 lbs.



Sense the Presence of Spirits Amulet

The amulet changes color whenever an entity is within 100'

Image
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Wolf Whitaker »

Perception: 1d100: [88] = 88 /36%
JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4 ; 1d100: [71] = 71


Paranoia Thought Text

Active Effects:
  • HF: 12
  • (Opponents must roll to save vs horror factor whenever the Gunslinger makes a serious threat (stop or else ... ) and again if and when he first draws his weapon on a character. Likewise, those who attack a Gunslinger must roll to save vs Horror Factor whenever facing the Gunslinger in a one-on-one showdown, duel, or shootout, and whenever an opponent makes his first move to attack the Gunslinger, even if the gunslinger isn't aware the character plans to attack.)
  • See Invisible
  • Night vision 60’
  • Integrated Sensor Pod - NE Armor
    • 360° scanning capability
    • Allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise
  • Optics Enhancements
    • Passive Night Vision: 3,000'
    • Telescopic Vision (up to 20x Magnification): 1 mile
    • Macro-Lens (6x Magnification)
    • Thermo-Imager: 2,000'

Wolf rolls his eyes at the woman, though it goes unnoticed as he still has his helmet on. People never change. She is terrified, so she is putting on a brave face and yelling at an easy target to try and get our supplies...You should shoot her for such actions...Interesting thought but that would not help the situation right now...You're no fun...Neither are you most days.
Wolf lays a hand gelty on the woman's shoulder and turns her to face him, "Ma'am, Please stop shouting. If you want to help us help you guys then please begin directing the other townsfolk to secure blankets, Clean towels, warm water, needle and thread, bandages, and small wooden rods for splints. If you can begin setting up over there," Wolf points to a patch of flat ground a few meters away from the building, "Then we can lay the people we find on the blankets while the rest of the townsfolk can begin rendering first aid." Wolf moves back to clearing debits.

When John opens the hatch and the shot fires out Wolf's reflexes take over and he has a weapon in hand before the shot is more then two meters in the air. Wolf carefully approaches and see's the cybernetic vampire dead at the bottom of the hole. Wolf holsters his weapon and looks at John, "Can you bring that up here. I want a better look at it. Also the townsfolk should see it too. Maybe they will have a change of heart and give us more information about the place the grackletooth wanted to take us. Oh speaking of him..." Wolf moves the grackletooth closer to the hatch so he can be watched.

Once the Cybernetic Vampire is pulled up Wolf will look it over to see if he can identify anything about it.

Lore: Demons & Monsters-- 1d100: [51] = 51 /65% (Identify the monster/vampire)
Basic Electronics-- 1d100: [20] = 20 /65% (Identify the electrical system of the cybernetics, Why are they installed?)
Find Contraband-- 1d100: [47] = 47 /58% (Find any hidden compartments or identifying information on the monster/cybernetics)
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 12
Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6
Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
NE-F50: 160/160

Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 465
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC
Contact:

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by William Summers »

Perception: 1d100: [74] = 74 /51% (+15% regarding machines and/or magic)
JIC: 1d20: [11] = 11 / 1d100: [78] = 78
Conditions
  • SDC: 52/62
  • HP: 73/73
  • ISP: 31/31
  • Personal PPE: 196/196
  • Energy Sphere: 506/800. 30/32 days
  • PPE Talisman: 50/50
  • Armor Bizarre:
    • MDC: 12/65
    • Duration: 2:00/5:00 minutes
    • Horror Factor: 11
    • Bonuses: Anyone fighting an opponent in Armor Bizarre is automatically distracted by the moving parts (-1 on initiative) and must make a save vs Horror Factor at the beginning of every melee round.
  • Mage Armor:
    • Helm: 50
    • Arms: 25 each
    • Legs: 45 each
    • Main Body: 90
  • Globe of Daylight:
    • Duration: 21:00/24:00 minutes
    • Range: Up to 30 feet away.
    • Diameter: 96 feet.
    • Speed: 12
Will cancels his Lightblade and continues clearing the debris around Barclay until he's safe to remove from the collapsed building. "Hey! I've got the bartender here! He needs some help! Jack, what've you got? John, you've got all kinds of abilities, can you heal folks?" Will does what he can with his battle hardened First Aid skills ( 1d100: [46] = 46 /93% - PASS). If he can get Barclay stable, he'll then turn to any villagers still in the area and yell "Send for a doctor!" When Wolf comes through with his IRMSS, Will's jaw drops. He looks down to his own chest which contains the same technology. "Well... shit."
John Altfeld wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:34 pm "I can't believe that explosion took down the tavern!" he says loudly. "Where did that come from? Was it the vampires? Is everyone okay?"
"I'm fine. Just a little banged up from the fall. I didn't see explosives or any other reason for it to happen. I'm just glad we all made it. I sent Mockingbird back to check on the ATRV, I don't want a repeat of last time."
Armstrong wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:13 pm"Have you got anything that can help?" a blonde female resident practically screams in Will's face.
Will is taken off guard as the woman flips out at him for help. "I'm... I'm not that kind of mage. I'll do what I can, ma'am." He's thankful when Wolf takes her away. To find one girl, we have destroyed multiple buildings and more than a few lives. We'll have to have a talk about collateral damage later. Damnit I wish Wak hadn't abandoned us.
Wolf Whitaker wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:15 am When John rips open the hatch, Wolf looks at him briefly, "We should make sure this are is secure before we had through there. Don't want anything dropping in behind us. Also it seemed that only one of the beings that was attaching us was sensitive to the sunlight. The others were partly mechanical."
John Altfeld wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:33 pm
John looks over at Wolf. "Wait, what? Cyborg vampires? That's so cool!"
"They're not Cyborg Vampires, they're Vampire Cyborgs. I was wondering what the hell happened back there. A goddamn Vampire Cyborg? This is getting ridiculous. No matter, they slice all the same."


The shot from the hatch draws Will's attention and he stops assisting the injured townsfolk to observe. When the Vampire Cyborg succumbs to its wounds, Will uses what's left of his Telekinesis to bring its corpse up to the surface. He lets Wolf take a look at it while he heads down the hatch to see what he can of the tunnel. He has his Globe of Daylight lead him by 15 feet.
The Man in Black
Ledger
User avatar
Armstrong
Game Master
Posts: 178
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:34 am

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Armstrong »

St Theodore wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:22 am Theodore laughs with the group. "Well I never said I was a preacher." He says loud enough to be heard over the laughter. "You might be surprised of how sinful I might be" What the hell was that, how sinful I might be?! I sound like a fucking idiot. Come on I can do better.
Your joke draws a couple of glances, but for the most part, nobody looks at Theodore.
St Theodore wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:22 am "You can never be too prepared in my book. Besides little surprises like that never hurt either." Theodore takes a few seconds to look, as the section slides. His hawk like vison scanning for other hidden surprises and to see what makes the section so concealed. That a pretty neat trick. Better not be walking into a trap. That would be bad for them and make a mess of getting a lead.[/b]
Theodore attempts to spot anything else hidden in terms of defenses and the like but either there is nothing else there or his senses and/or understanding are not up to the task of either recognising or understanding what he is seeing.
St Theodore wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:22 am Theodore smiles when Jeremiah mentions work in town. "That's wonderful news. Your generosity is greatly appreciated. You dont know my chance what type of work they might have? Though, it doesn't really matter. I will take what I can get at the moment. As my friend Ritta would always try to tell me, it's good to help others in need." Sepak of, wonder what she is doing? Probably sp thing more fun than this. I don't need a grand tour of some fancy farm. I should be able to pick up something in town. He hasn't mentioned a payment for the ride yet?! Theodore turns towards the sound, listening for anymore sound to repeat. "Sounds big whatever it is." Theodore eclamis as he follows behind Jeremiah. If allowed, Theodore will run up to the top of the tower. Looking out any window as he runs up the stairs. Reaching the top, he stops and peers out to scan the area. He waits for Jeremiah to reach I'm if he passes him along the way.
Jeremiah opens his mouth to respond, but the noise distracts him. Jeremiah can't keep pace as you rush ahead of him, up the stairs on the rear of the tower. The town isn't visible until you reach the top. The guard stood there, looking at the slowly dissipating plume of smoke in the otherwise clear blue sky. He turns to look at you, slightly startled by your presence, but before he can say anything, you can hear the sound of his comms activating

In the distance, you can see the town and with your enhanced eyesight, you can tell that the smoke looks to have come from the far side of town. The distance is too much for you to see what happened though.

"Get it ready, I don't want any more surprises," you hear Jeremiah say with your enhanced hearing as he is running up the stairs. He arrives at the summit and stops to catch his breath

"You are very fast," he says, a little out of breath, "must be how you keep ahead of all the predators out there."

He looks over at the town, his face furrowed with concern. Turning to Theodore, he scratches his brow before talking.

"I'm sending a few people over to the town to see if they need any help. We tried calling but not getting any reply. Any help you can offer would be appreciated."

Jeremiah moves to the other side of the tower and looks down. If Theodore joins him, he spots a hover truck and 3 farmhands getting into it.
Roughnecks AGM
User avatar
St Theodore
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:21 am

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by St Theodore »

Preception: 1d100: [83] = 83 / 45%
JIC 1d20: [12] = 12 1d20, 1d100: [91] = 91 1d100
Conditions: see invisible
Armstrong wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:52 pm Jeremiah opens his mouth to respond, but the noise distracts him. Jeremiah can't keep pace as you rush ahead of him, up the stairs on the rear of the tower. The town isn't visible until you reach the top. The guard stood there, looking at the slowly dissipating plume of smoke in the otherwise clear blue sky. He turns to look at you, slightly startled by your presence, but before he can say anything, you can hear the sound of his comms activating

In the distance, you can see the town and with your enhanced eyesight, you can tell that the smoke looks to have come from the far side of town. The distance is too much for you to see what happened though.

"Get it ready, I don't want any more surprises," you hear Jeremiah say with your enhanced hearing as he is running up the stairs. He arrives at the summit and stops to catch his breath

"You are very fast," he says, a little out of breath, "must be how you keep ahead of all the predators out there."

He looks over at the town, his face furrowed with concern. Turning to Theodore, he scratches his brow before talking.

"I'm sending a few people over to the town to see if they need any help. We tried calling but not getting any reply. Any help you can offer would be appreciated."

Jeremiah moves to the other side of the tower and looks down. If Theodore joins him, he spots a hover truck and 3 farmhands getting into it.
Theodore peers over the ledge of the tower to get a glance at the three farmhands piling into the hover truck. He cups his mouth to amplify his voice while yelling to quickly get their attention. "Hey! Hold that truck!" He whips back around to face Jeremiah. "Sorry for the swift departure but it looks like my ride is about to leave. Thanks for your hospitality. May you walk in peace." Theodore produces a half grin before rushing past Jeremiah and bounding down the stairs. Here we go! Time for some action. He turns the corner and begins to sprint to the truck. Reaching the vehicle, he swings open the door and jumps in, closing the door behind him. Being cautious not to poke anyone with his halberd. "Thanks for waiting. Sorry about my toothpick. I'm good to go when you are. Have you guys heard anything about what's going on? Any regular trouble with anyone in particular?" On the ride into town, Theodore has a hard time containing his energy. Fidgeting in his seat and constantly looking around out the windows. Theodore attempts to inform Ritta of the recent transpirings. Asking her to see if she can scout out ahead and possibly find a location to hide in case he needs some back up.
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 354
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by John Altfeld »

Perception: 1d100: [51] = 51 / 76%
JIC: 1d20: [5] = 5 / 1d100: [96] = 96

CONDITIONS: John is at +1 foot, See Invisible, Radar, Immune to Possession etc.

John looks around at the traumatized villagers and Jack saving those he can. Seems like we're pretty safe up here other than Jameson, who is a jerk...

He grabs Jameson, and moves back to the tunnel that descends into the ground beneath the town.

To Will, he says, "Let me go first. I'll bring Jameson with us at least as long as he isn't a hindrance. Easier to keep an eye on him than to leave him here where he might get free." He pauses. "You know, if these ARE cyborgs, then they probably already told whoever's at the other end of this tunnel that we're coming."

"Good call on the ATRV. We may need to hire some people to watch it when we're in the field. It feels pretty silly to have our ride constantly get stolen. But remember, that's why we left it in MercTown this time and flew with your cool magic instead."

If Will is unable to bring the cyborg body out with his telekinesis, John jumps down and tosses it out of the hole. When Will's ready to go, John holds Jameson in front of him like a human shield and precedes Will down the tunnel.
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 108/108
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290
Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 900'
• See the invisible
User avatar
Armstrong
Game Master
Posts: 178
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:34 am

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Armstrong »

Day 3.
Time: 09:17 am
Temperature: 50 degrees with 10% Humidity.
Weather: Sky is clear and blue with no clouds in site. The sun looks like it will remain out and bright, there are no clouds to block it.

As the remaining injured are pulled out of the rubble, Jack begins making his way around them all, utilising his psychic powers to facilitate healing them. Expending some of his psionic energies, he can see visible wounds begin to close and several of the injured townspeople seem to stabilise as their breathing becomes more regular.

However, two of the townspeople have been badly burnt by the explosion that helped bring down the inn. One he doesn't recognise, but on the other one, a woman, he spots the remains of a familiar set of the clothes, notably the ones that had been worn by their waitress who had served them less than half an hour ago. Both show no reaction to Jack's healing and he realises it is too late for them.

Wolf Whitaker wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:49 pm Wolf lays a hand gelty on the woman's shoulder and turns her to face him, "Ma'am, Please stop shouting. If you want to help us help you guys then please begin directing the other townsfolk to secure blankets, Clean towels, warm water, needle and thread, bandages, and small wooden rods for splints. If you can begin setting up over there," Wolf points to a patch of flat ground a few meters away from the building, "Then we can lay the people we find on the blankets while the rest of the townsfolk can begin rendering first aid." Wolf moves back to clearing debits.
The woman jumps as Wolf touches and turns to look at him. Her breathing is panicked and her eyes wide, pupils dilated, but as Wolf speaks calmly to her, her breathing begins to calm. She nods, breathing still a little ragged but now she looks a little more focused.

"Clean towels, warm water, needle and thread, bandages, and small wooden rods for splints," she nods again before running off and shouting to some of the other townspeople. The others, some of whom still look shellshocked, take a few seconds to react before rushing off to where Wolf hopes is them gathering supplies.
William Summers wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:28 pm The shot from the hatch draws Will's attention and he stops assisting the injured townsfolk to observe. When the Vampire Cyborg succumbs to its wounds, Will uses what's left of his Telekinesis to bring its corpse up to the surface. He lets Wolf take a look at it while he heads down the hatch to see what he can of the tunnel. He has his Globe of Daylight lead him by 15 feet.
Reaching out with his magical telekinesis, Will grabs hold of the corpse and begins lifting it up the shaft to the surface. However, he swiftly discovers that the corpse is a lot heavier than he thinks and he struggles to lift what is probably several hundred pounds at least of cyborg to the surface.

John sees this as he is dragging the unconscious and somewhat broken form of Jamison over towards the hatch. As he does so, several of the townsfolk take the opportunity to kick or spit on the Grackletooth as he passes. As John looks down the shaft, he spies the corpse blocking the way down. Dumping Jamison unceremoniously on the floor, he climbs down the ladder and assists his team leader to drag it to the surface.


John and Will deposit the corpse on the floor and the townsfolk, almost as one, freak out as they see it. All of them back away from it and a couple of them cross themselves. In the silence, you hear somebody mutter "vampiro sin sol!" In the daylight, its cybernetics are more obvious and you note where one of the vampire teeth should be, there is circuitry exposed and the tooth dangling from a wire down on its chest.


Picking up Jamison, John and Will make their way down into the hatch, stopping where John dangles their fallen adversary in front of the tunnel. There is no reaction from the tunnel. Dropping down into what is a very tight space for the three of them, even with Jamison shoved into the tunnel, they can now see ahead of them, a long unlit tunnel about six feet high, made of dirt, braced with wood, with room for one abreast going straight. Will, with his strange new eye, can see quite far down it, but cannot see the end of it and there is nobody that he can see in the tunnel, invisible or not.
dark-deserted-underground-tunnel-dark-underground-tunnels-148919612.jpg
Those still up top hear a shout from one of the people who rushed off to collect materials.

"Hey, I think I see a vehicle in the distance coming fast," the voice sounds a little worried and breaks slightly as they speak, "I think it might be coming from the farm!"
Roughnecks AGM
User avatar
Armstrong
Game Master
Posts: 178
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:34 am

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Armstrong »

St Theodore
St Theodore wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:35 am Theodore peers over the ledge of the tower to get a glance at the three farmhands piling into the hover truck. He cups his mouth to amplify his voice while yelling to quickly get their attention. "Hey! Hold that truck!" He whips back around to face Jeremiah. "Sorry for the swift departure but it looks like my ride is about to leave. Thanks for your hospitality. May you walk in peace." Theodore produces a half grin before rushing past Jeremiah and bounding down the stairs. Here we go! Time for some action. He turns the corner and begins to sprint to the truck. Reaching the vehicle, he swings open the door and jumps in, closing the door behind him. Being cautious not to poke anyone with his halberd. "Thanks for waiting. Sorry about my toothpick. I'm good to go when you are. Have you guys heard anything about what's going on? Any regular trouble with anyone in particular?" On the ride into town, Theodore has a hard time containing his energy. Fidgeting in his seat and constantly looking around out the windows. Theodore attempts to inform Ritta of the recent transpirings. Asking her to see if she can scout out ahead and possibly find a location to hide in case he needs some back up.
Theodore says his goodbyes and rushes down to the hover truck, practically bounding into the back of the hover truck. Benches line each side and you sit down on the left hand side. Only one of the 'farmhands' is in the back, a Quick Flex by the look of him, sat on the opposite bench. He doesn't respond to your questions, but merely gives you a look, as he twirls a laser pistol that resembles an old six shooter around in his hand.

The truck lurches as it starts to move out. As Theodore looks out the small slot of a window, he can see that they pass slowly through another gate before entering the grasslands and speeding up. He reaches out mentally to Ritta, but receives no response. Perhaps he might be out of range of her.

After a few minutes, the truck slows down and comes to a stop. Looking out the window, Theodore can see they are still in the grasslands and haven't arrived at the town. You hear the sound of a door opening and a few seconds later, one of the farmhands passes the window, walking towards a set of rocks. The vehicle then starts moving again and they are quickly lost from your field of vision.

The Quick Flex doesn't seem to react to any of this.

A few more minutes pass and then the truck stops again. The Quick Flex gets up and then flips up the top of the bench he had been sitting on. Reaching inside, he pulls out a rifle, of Wilks manufacture judging by the unique style of their weapons, and proceeds to open the doors, before stepping down. Out In the distance, you can hear sounds of a couple of people screaming and you can see you have arrived at the edge of the town.
Roughnecks AGM
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Wolf Whitaker »

Perception: 1d100: [30] = 30 /36%
JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9 ; 1d100: [93] = 93


Paranoia Thought Text

Active Effects:
  • HF: 12
  • (Opponents must roll to save vs horror factor whenever the Gunslinger makes a serious threat (stop or else ... ) and again if and when he first draws his weapon on a character. Likewise, those who attack a Gunslinger must roll to save vs Horror Factor whenever facing the Gunslinger in a one-on-one showdown, duel, or shootout, and whenever an opponent makes his first move to attack the Gunslinger, even if the gunslinger isn't aware the character plans to attack.)
  • See Invisible
  • Night vision 60’
  • Integrated Sensor Pod - NE Armor
    • 360° scanning capability
    • Allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise
  • Optics Enhancements
    • Passive Night Vision: 3,000'
    • Telescopic Vision (up to 20x Magnification): 1 mile
    • Macro-Lens (6x Magnification)
    • Thermo-Imager: 2,000'
Wolf looks at the man who spotted the vehicle. He sounds worried. Why would he sound worried?...Oh goody. More people coming to try and kill us...It's very likely...You should shoot them first...Lets find out why the people are worried bout the farm...Oh fine. Wolf pauses what he is doing and radio's the others. "Guys we have people coming from the farm. Stay down there and be ready to pop out the hole if things go side ways. I'll talk to them and see if we can keep them on our side. Toss Jameson up here too. Based on the towns peoples reaction it might prevent a fight having him captured and alive."

Wolf will approach the man who saw the vehicle, "Sir, Why are you worried about the vehicle coming from the farm? Is there something I should know before they get here?"

Wolf will position the vampire corpse and Jameson near the wreckage of the building/tunnel. Wolf will continue helping the townspeople while waiting for the people from the farm to arrive. When/if they do Wolf will greet them, "Morning! You guys happen to have any medical supplies? We have some seriously injured people here."
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 12
Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6
Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
NE-F50: 160/160

Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
Post Reply

Return to “The Roughnecks Adventure Forum”