Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

These fuckers are too stubborn to die.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Armstrong
Game Master
Posts: 208
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:34 am

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Armstrong »

John moves his butt through the collapsed part of the tunnel, causing it to collapse further, trapping the rather persistent borgs on the other side, at least for a while. He doubted they could move much dirt with their mouths. With the door somewhat battered, it doesn't take much for him to spend several seconds prying it from the wall just enough in order to begin slipping his pebble dash body inside.

However, he may have wished he hadn't done that.

Ahead of him, he can see the man who fled from him when he started fighting the borgs. Alas, he was struggling in the grip of another person. Beyond him was another metal door, that was not as thick as the door he had just entered through.

What's more, John sees multiple bodies lying laid out in rows throughout the room. Most are skeletons, but some are fleshy or at least rapidly becoming so as he can see flesh and muscle growing back before his very eyes.

Perhaps discretion was the better part of valour. He certainly wasn't expecting a small army and even his abilities might not be enough to save him from this number of vampires.
OOC Comments
Consider this a hint to rejoin the surface group

On the surface, there was for a few seconds a standoff.
William Summers wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:43 pm Shit, they got Wolf. How the hell'd they get Wolf?! Will thinks for a moment and decides to do something stupid. He listens to Crompton. "You've got my attention. Now what're you gonna do with it?"
"Good, now your band of murderers and cutthroats can leave...." Crompton starts to speak, his voice more confident, now Will isn't intimidating him with magic. Wolf lay paralysed on the floor. One look from the Masked man, who was now scurrying away, and he'd found himself unable to move and falling out of the sky. Now, here he is, stuck in an embarrassing situation with a gun to his head and not physically able to move. He hadn't lost the use of his voice, but with all the explosions and nobody responding to his initial distress, there hadn't been much point speaking.

As everything kicks off, Jack disarms Crompton, dropping the pistol into Wolf's lap, who is unable to make a move for it. Vennifer attempts to protect Wolf, but finds her magic out of range. However, her other efforts start to prove a bit more useful as Will casts blinding flash, causing all those outside the stockade to see lights dancing in front of their eyes.

Theros activates his tattoos, before he attempts to make a pinpoint strike with a lightning bolt, only to find that pinpoint accuracy with a lightning bolt is not something the spell can manage. Nathanial opens fire on the cowhands as Jack begins ejecting their eclips as they stand blinded. Will decides to try and remove the masked figure from play. However, some practice with throwing is in Will's future as his effort goes horribly wrong.
OOC Comments
Grenades require a strike roll. As there wasn't one, I used your JIC, which was a critical failure


The grenade lands at Wolf's feet and in a sudden whoosh, Wolf can see some kind of pit emerge underneath him as finds himself suddenly falling with through a black void with no end in sight. Still being paralysed, this was not Wolf's most dignified moment. Nathaniel's shooting is able to take down the cowhands as Vennifer's magic net catches the three now corpses of the cowhands and Crompton as Theros' second lightning bolt spreads chunks of his head over the next several feet.

Theros attempts to strike a pose to strike fear into their enemies, but as he attempts to fly over the tank, he catches his foot on the inactive main gun and causes himself to spin in the air.

The pulse laser on the turret opens fire on Theros as he passes. Nathaniel turns his attention to the tank, but to his horror, he hears a worrying crunching sound as his railgun jams but Will quickly puts paid to its threat before chasing down the masked figure. With a flurry of blows, he cuts him down. A few bolts of electricity dance along his armour, but on his final blow, Will's good eye suddenly goes dark. Though preoccupied with the sudden loss of part of his sight, at the end something nags at Will, then he realises something. He never told Crompton his name!

Theros can suddenly feel the presence of a steadily increasing number of vampires nearby.


Theros - invulnerability now gone -60 MDC from Knight Armour
Nathan -46MD, railgun jammed.
Will -276MD on cosmic armour, -4 SDC, blinded in right eye, but this will not return in the next fifteen minutes segment
Jack -160MDC on NG-EX10 Gladius Light Exo-Skeleton Battle Armor
Ven -151 MD and -20 from AOI, still inside cloud of smoke
John invulnerability gone -90 MDC
cyborg vamps - all missing both arms and battered bodies, o
Tank right track disabled and chassis taking a battering, Turret disabled
PS eviscerated on the floor
Altaran - likewise dead on the floor
PL - location unknown.
Cowhands - 1 dead, two running to the East, 3 outside the stockade dead
Cromptom - outside the stockade, dead
Unknown figure with Cromptom dead
Wolf will return within a minute, though will still be paralysed for the next ten minutes
Roughnecks GM
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 186
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Wolf Whitaker »

Perception: 1d100: [59] = 59 /36%
JIC: 1d20: [1] = 1 ; 1d100: [28] = 28


Paranoia Thought Text

Active Effects:
  • HF: 12
  • (Opponents must roll to save vs horror factor whenever the Gunslinger makes a serious threat (stop or else ... ) and again if and when he first draws his weapon on a character. Likewise, those who attack a Gunslinger must roll to save vs Horror Factor whenever facing the Gunslinger in a one-on-one showdown, duel, or shootout, and whenever an opponent makes his first move to attack the Gunslinger, even if the gunslinger isn't aware the character plans to attack.)
  • See Invisible
  • Night vision 60’
  • Integrated Sensor Pod - NE Armor
    • 360° scanning capability
    • Allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise
  • Optics Enhancements
    • Passive Night Vision: 3,000'
    • Telescopic Vision (up to 20x Magnification): 1 mile
    • Macro-Lens (6x Magnification)
    • Thermo-Imager: 2,000'

Wolf has had better days. Bloody stupid magic shit. Not one of my better days. I don't think I've ever been hit with something like this...Magic or Psionics, you need to get better at resisting them...No shit. Oh goody they are using me as a hostage...Radio doesn't work?...It's still on push to talk...Idiot...You're one to talk. You're stuck here with me...Lucky me. Oh look they are trying to save you. Not what I thought they would do...Their tactics are solid, too bad I can't move for the gun that dropped in my lap...Wait what just landed on us...That would be a grenade. As the grenade lands on Wolf he calmly speaks one word, "F@$%" as he drops into the void.

Wolf's stomach lurches as he feels the weightlessness of falling. Holy crap what the hell was that?...Some kind of magic grenade...I get that. Where the hell are we?...No idea. We don't know much about magic do we?...No. We don't. I still can't move if we are really falling I don't look forward to when we hit the ground...Forget that, what about Will? He hit you with a grenade. He tried to kill you...No he got us out of the situation. He knows us we'll enough to know I wouldn't have been in this situation if I could move my own body. He's better with the magic stuff so he likely could tell what we got hit with. It was likely the only option he had with what was going on. Still this constant falling is getting irritating...What about the others. I swear I saw a dragon pop into existence out there. And those other creatures they were fighting with...Ya it's interesting. Seems we are on the same side for now...You're really not freaked out by any of that?...After Nxla, not really. Just another day. Got to keep our head on our shoulders some how...And you think I'm a hinderance to that?...Some days, Yes. Oh crap. Ground.

When Wolf pops back into the real world, he impacts the ground with a dull thump as he can't brace himself. "I have been falling for 30 minutes! And I can't move. Someone tell me we won." I'm never going to live this down...Likely not...This is the hinderance I was talking about...Get over it...Go to hell.
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 12
Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6
Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
NE-F50: 160/160

Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 483
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC
Contact:

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by William Summers »

Perception: 1d100: [22] = 22 /51% (+15% regarding machines and/or magic)
JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9 / 1d100: [38] = 38
Conditions
  • SDC: 48/62
  • HP: 73/73
  • ISP: 31/31
  • Personal PPE: 181/196
  • Energy Sphere: 423/800. 30/32 days
  • PPE Talisman: 50/50
Cosmic Armor:
  • MDC: 124/400
  • Duration: 158:30/160:00 minutes
  • The character can breathe for as long as the spell is in place.
  • Enjoys a constant comfortable internal temperature and is protected from cold, radiation and extreme blasts of heat.
  • Cosmic Armor can hover, and flies at a speed of Mach One.
  • Armor has 50 M.D.C. per level of experience! (400 MDC)
  • Magic and M.D. cold and heat/fire/plasma attacks do half damage to the Cosmic Armor.
  • Spells may be cast and psionic powers used while wearing Cosmic Armor, and additional magic may be combined with it, such as other methods of flight, communications, etc.
  • Reduce flying speed by half in an atmosphere.
  • The armored protection also restricts movement a bit, and inflicts a penalty of -5% to all Physical skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing, and similar, and -10% to Palming, Pick Pocket, Prowl, Safe-Cracking, Seduction and most Medical and highly technical skills that require a delicate touch.
Superhuman Speed:
  • Duration: 14:45/16:00 minutes
  • Speed: 44/30 MPH.
  • Bonuses: +2 to parry, +6 to dodge, no fatigue
Superhuman Agility:
  • Duration: 7:00/8:00 minutes
  • Bonuses: +1 on initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to dodge and +5 to roll with impact
  • Automatic Dodge (+5; the act of dodging – moving out of the way of an attack – without spending one of his own melee attacks).
  • Automatically rolls with impact from falls, when struck by a moving vehicle or when struck by explosions/concussive blasts (including sonic blasts).
  • +20% to Climb/Rappel skill.
Fighting Spirit:
  • Duration: 7:00/8:00 minutes
  • +2 attacks/actions per melee round
  • +1 on initiative
  • +1 to strike with guns
  • +3 to strike in melee combat
  • +2 to disarm, parry and dodge
  • +4 to pull punch
  • +2 to roll with impact
  • +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear
  • +2 to save vs possession
  • Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20, karate kick (1D8 S.D.C.), jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw.
  • While the spell is in effect, the caster moves with an agility, confidence and skill (normally) beyond his own natural abilities.

Fleet Feet:
  • Duration: 7:00/8:00 minutes
  • Double attacks/actions per melee round
  • +1 on initiative (PP Bonus and spell penalty)
  • +6 to strike, parry and dodge (PP Bonus)
  • Cannot see surprise attacks.
  • -20% to delicate skills
  • Does not affect spellcasting or psionic abilities. These take twice as many actions.

Lightblade:
  • Damage: 1d4*10+8 MD
  • Duration: 15:00/16:00 minutes
  • Bonuses: +1 to strike, and can be used to attempt to parry energy attacks. Double damage against Vampires, shadow beasts and other demons vulnerable to light. No damage against those immune to light or energy.
Mage Armor:
  • Helm: 50
  • Arms: 25 each
  • Legs: 45 each
  • Main Body: 90
Globe of Daylight:
  • Duration: 17:30/24:00 minutes
  • Range: Up to 30 feet away.
  • Diameter: 96 feet.
  • Speed: 12
Well, fuck. Wasn't what I was going for... but at least Wolf is safe for now. Crompton down. Shit, I wanted some answers. The masked shitter is down. What the fuck did that bastard do to my eye? Will works on adjusting to seeing through the Eye of Odin exclusively. Sure it had perfect 20/20 vision, but it also came with many other gifts that it would be difficult to use without the assistance of his other eye.
One with Mind: Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and disease that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are half as effective.
"Wait a second. You all heard him call me Summers, right? I never gave him my name. How did he know who I was?" Were we sold out by someone? Did the MercTown Defenders take a bribe for a profile of the Roughnecks? Is someone profiling us? No matter, they all cut the same. Ugh, what a headache. Where the hell is this girl? Weren't there supposed to be vampires?

IF Theros mentions the feeling of Vampires, Will takes off his backpack and takes out everything, placing it neatly in a row. He points to the flares and says "Everyone, listen up. Storm flares. Pick one of these up. Get your lighters handy. The second there are vamps, light this immediately and fire it into the sky. Should give you about 100 feet. If we can get around them and light enough of these, they're sitting ducks." Which of you even knows how to use a sword... Saw you use an axe before, tattoo kid. You'll have to do. "Hey you, Rifter with the tattoos." He's talking directly to Theros at this point. "Take this." Will grabs the Water Sword, charges it with magic energy (-5 PPE from Energy Sphere) and waits for the water blade to splash out. Handing it to Theros, he says "Vamps hate water." To everyone he says "Keep a stake handy! Put it through their heart at the soonest opportunity!" Wolf's still not moving. Dragon. He approaches Venenifer quickly but respectfully. "Dragon friend. Would you do me the favor of keeping my friend Wolf safe until he can shoot again? Holler out if he or you are in danger." Bringing out his Thundergun and with Lightblade in hand, Will prepares to take on a horde of Vampires.
The Man in Black
Ledger
User avatar
Theros
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:28 pm

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Theros »

Perception: 1d100: [70] = 70
Jic: 1d20: [17] = 17
JIC: 1d100: [28] = 28

Looking at Vennifer and Nathan, and then the entire crowd "Hey Assholes! We are about to be swarmed by undead Leeches, they are nearly here and more in numbers, they should be here any minute, put your shit aside if you want to live, otherwise off yourself if you don't want to be damned!"
William Summers wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:44 pm Will takes off his backpack and takes out everything, placing it neatly in a row. He points to the flares and says "Everyone, listen up. Storm flares. Pick one of these up. Get your lighters handy. The second there are vamps, light this immediately and fire it into the sky. Should give you about 100 feet. If we can get around them and light enough of these, they're sitting ducks." Which of you even knows how to use a sword... Saw you use an axe before, tattoo kid. You'll have to do. "Hey you, Rifter with the tattoos." He's talking directly to Theros at this point. "Take this." Will grabs the Water Sword, charges it with magic energy (-5 PPE from Energy Sphere) and waits for the water blade to splash out. Handing it to Theros, he says "Vamps hate water." To everyone he says "Keep a stake handy! Put it through their heart at the soonest opportunity!" Wolf's still not moving. Dragon. He approaches Venenifer quickly but respectfully. "Dragon friend. Would you do me the favor of keeping my friend Wolf safe until he can shoot again? Holler out if he or you are in danger." Bringing out his Thundergun and with Lightblade in hand, Will prepares to take on a horde of Vampires.
Catching the water sword, and holding it next to the Magic electrical maul specifically designed to kill vampires, watching the electricity spark back and fourth between them with water being highly conductive, the thought this is the perfect companion to his maul flashes quickly in his thoughts before responding. "You forgot silver, wood stakes & arrows, sunlight, and magics against the undead Pops". He grins as the "pops" reference at the much older magics wielder.
Theros
Description
Outside of his armor's, appears to be a early teenager, despite his age. Dark red hair (Auburn) Light Blue/Grey eyes, sparse freckles on body, tall, athletic build. He has his marks of heritage on his wrists as do every True Atlantean, he wears leather bracers over them outside of his armor's. Tattoos are placed mainly on his torso, so not as visible if worn with regular clothing.
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 367
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by John Altfeld »

Perception: 1d100: [81] = 81 / 76%
JIC: 1d20: [1] = 1 / 1d100: [16] = 16

CONDITIONS: John is at +35 feet, Pebbles, See Invisible, Radar, Immune to Possession, can't be touched by undead, can't be mind controlled by vampires, etc.

MDC: -371 (541 remaining at current size/status) APS MDC currently intact (starts going down at 408), Assorted Healing Factors Total 8 MDC per Hour (1 per 7.5 minutes).

John goes back down the tunnel through the collapsed section, up the ladder and into the compound, where he finds his friends and everyone else. He does a quick inventory.

Random dead people, check. Will, safe. Jack, safe. Wolf... hiding? Maybe?

What the hell is going on? I was supposed to pop out from below when everyone else got here...


He points at Theros. "Hey man, I don't know who you are, but it's like noon. Vampires can't come out here. Chill out. But also, yes. There are like twenty vampires downstairs. We need mirrors or our water gear or something - they might have more than their hands to hit us with."

He pauses. "There's also a few armless cyborgs that can become legless and questioned as needed."

He looks around, seeing Wolf on the ground. "Why is Wolf flat on his..."

And then he sees Venenifer.

vs. Awe: 1d20+6: [11]+6 = 17

Oh, cool. That dragon pretending to be a little girl decided to join us!

To Venenifer, he says, "Hi! So you decided to come and get revenge for your brother!"

I was SO right about this.

CONTINGENCIES: If the tank hatch starts to open, he grows to full size, goes over and leans on it to keep it closed.
Last edited by John Altfeld on Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 108/108
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290
Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 900'
• See the invisible
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 402
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia
Contact:

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Jack Killian »

Perception: 79% 1d100 1d100: [60] = 60

JIC d20: 1d20 1d20: [16] = 16

JIC: 1d100 1d100: [30] = 30

Init: 1d20+5 1d20+5: [1]+5 = 6

HF: 1d20: [11] = 11 +3Bonus, Suppress Fear While this power is activated, the character automatically succeeds on any roll to resist Horror Factor, even if magically induced.

CONDITIONS: Wearing NG-EX10 Gladius Light Exo-Skeleton Battle Armor -160MDC
OOC Comments
Sense the Presence of Spirits Amulet

Enhanced Perception (10 I.S.P., Rifter 25; +15% to Perception, +1 to strike, +2 to parry and dodge, and a +10% to any skill that relies on any of the basic senses)

Activate Invincible 200 MD

Suppress Fear

Flame Burst (Self): 8 ISP for MD Flame Burst (Self):MD 78 MD renews 3d6/melee

Resist Magic (ISP 15)


Telekinetic Force (10/50) Rifter 25 640’ I minute per level of experience.
Hydrokinesis (Varies)

Sense Water.

Hurl water 20’ 5 ISP
Jack speaks up, "There has got to be water around here. A watertower or well, something. They need to drink, they just can't go down by the river every time they get thirsty. We just need to find it." Jack uses his minds power to locate water, of course the cantees show that they have it. he goes around the compound with some one to search. (Horse trough. pump, Facuet)
OOC Comments
4. Sense Water. The character can sense the presence of any water
exposed to the open air automatically at no cost of I.S.P. Range : 20 feet (6 m). Duration: Permanent. I.S.P. : None. Note: Underground rivers,
airtight containers, etc. cannot be sensed.
To William with a puzzled look on his face, "Yes I did hear him call you that, and we call you Will."
Another Dragon, Really? We have crocmen and iguanas in Aussieland. They have Dragons!

To John with a bit of happyness, "Welcome back Mate been busy up here. How about you down under?"

Jack looks at the new players in this vampire game, "Oh, To the Newcomers, Name is Jack, Volcano call sign. Don't need to shake hands now, the fire might hurt you."
Last edited by Jack Killian on Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:17 am, edited 8 times in total.
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 42/ 42 MD
S.D.C.: 90/ 90

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.

CN-1 Net

Skorblade Short Sword
Damage: 1D8 M.D.
Weight: 3 lbs.
Features: excellent balance and craftsmanship
Modifiers: +1 to strike and parry
Book Reference: p.152, MercOps

TW "Dragonfire" Flamethrower
Range: 100'
Damage: single Shot: 1D6x10 M.D.
Spray: 1D6x10 M.D. to all targets in a 100' long & 10' wide arc (3 APM)
Rate of Fire: single shots & sprays only
Payload: 5 blasts per P.P.E. clip
Weight: 8 lbs.



Sense the Presence of Spirits Amulet

The amulet changes color whenever an entity is within 100'

Image
User avatar
Venenifer
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:09 am

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Venenifer »

Perception: 1d100: [2] = 2 /45% CRIT SUCCESS
JiC: 1d100: [86] = 86 / 1d20: [11] = 11

Conditions:
Natural Dragon: 11; with Frills extended: 13
| Nightvision (200ft) | See Invisible (at will) | Res to Fire/Cold (MD/Magic Fire/Plasma/Cold do 1/2) | Immune to paralysis | Bio-regen 1d4*10/m | Sense Ley Lines, Nexuses, Dragons within 20miles | AoI 20 MDC | Mind Block Auto [Actively turned off for Telepathy] | [Telepathy: Two-way communication to Wolf] | Cloud of Smoke [4minutes total, so probably dissipated by now or dissipating ] | Extended Presence Sense [80ft, 8 minutes] | Sixth Sense

PPE: 90/136 left after this post
ISP: 124/152

Skills:
Extended Presence Sense: 1d100: [67] = 67 /72% (Sense Sentient, Supernatural beings in the area with pinpoint location and exact numbers. Will tell her of anyone is in the tank still alive, or if the vampires are within 80ft of their location, even if underground)
Lore, Monsters: 1d100: [52] = 52 /50% (Vampires and knowing what abilities she has that would be the most effective against them)

Post:

After the chaos ensues and a grenade drops the one being held hostage into a void, the dragoness perks her eyes at the sight. Interesting contraption. She thinks as she moves outside of her cloud of smoke to look closer at the results of the foray. So, that one is Summers. There friend is in the void and they still are on edge. Hmm.
The Ros E wrote:"Hey Assholes! We are about to be swarmed by undead Leeches, they are nearly here and more in numbers, they should be here any minute, put your shit aside if you want to live, otherwise off yourself if you don't want to be damned!"
Ven blinks towards her fellow from Atlantis with mild irritation. Ah. Vampires. Still, I've never understood mortals need to use such unflattering language. She thinks, poking her head out of the smoke as Will addresses the group after the vampiric announcement. She extends her ability to sense pinpoint the exact number of beings within the area and their direction (EPS does sense through walls, ground, etc).

Ven approaches the group as Will addresses them initially, perching low enough that her head is only a few feet above eye level as she listens. This one acts like their leader and has a fair hand in magic, and a plethora of magical devices. She tilts her head as Will approaches her specifically after Wolf reappears after his minute-long fall through the void.
Summers wrote:"Dragon friend. Would you do me the favor of keeping my friend Wolf safe until he can shoot again? Holler out if he or you are in danger."
"You may call me Ven, and yes, your friend will be safe." Ven answers William with a softer voice than most dragons, though it still has the hint of dragonic rasp. And he has a deference. He may be a mortal worth listening too. Ven thinks as she moves to where Wolf lays still and gently lifts the human mortal up and places him on her back while telepathically linking to the paralyzed ruffian. Do not fear, I am a friend of Summers. She telepathically communicates to Wolf as the rockish monstrosity appears.
Gorignak wrote:"Oh, awesome! Hi little girl! You decided to come and get revenge for your brother! COOL!"
Ven narrows her eyes in a more predatory manner at the comment but notes the rockish monster's deference to Summers. "I have no brother; little rock." She moves away from the rock-ish one.

Contingencies: Ven will stand ready to take flight should a horde of vampires suddenly appear, keeping Wolf on her back, she will glide in a relatively tight circle above the area, otherwise she will be parked on the ground and listening to the group.
Venenifer, the Royal Frilled Dragon

Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead
╭∩╮(=^ェ^=)╭∩╮
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 186
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Wolf Whitaker »

**Rolls Held Over**

Paranoia Thought Text

Active Effects:
  • HF: 12
  • (Opponents must roll to save vs horror factor whenever the Gunslinger makes a serious threat (stop or else ... ) and again if and when he first draws his weapon on a character. Likewise, those who attack a Gunslinger must roll to save vs Horror Factor whenever facing the Gunslinger in a one-on-one showdown, duel, or shootout, and whenever an opponent makes his first move to attack the Gunslinger, even if the gunslinger isn't aware the character plans to attack.)
  • See Invisible
  • Night vision 60’
  • Integrated Sensor Pod - NE Armor
    • 360° scanning capability
    • Allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise
  • Optics Enhancements
    • Passive Night Vision: 3,000'
    • Telescopic Vision (up to 20x Magnification): 1 mile
    • Macro-Lens (6x Magnification)
    • Thermo-Imager: 2,000'
Venenifer wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:53 pm "You may call me Ven, and yes, your friend will be safe." Ven answers William with a softer voice than most dragons, though it still has the hint of dragonic rasp. And he has a deference. He may be a mortal worth listening too. Ven thinks as she moves to where Wolf lays still and gently lifts the human mortal up and places him on her back while telepathically linking to the paralyzed ruffian. Do not fear, I am a friend of Summers. She telepathically communicates to Wolf as the rockish monstrosity appears.
Wolf gives a brief smile as he is hoisted onto the dragon. "Much obliged...Ven, was it? Thank you. Not one of my better days." Wolf would stiffen if he could at the dragons voice in his head. Ven gets two distinctive voices talking in Wolf's head. One is definitely Wolf's while the other sounds similar but slightly different. Like siblings.
What? Another one? No it sounds like the dragon, Ven? Summers? Will never uses his surname...It's not me. I think the dragon is playing with your head...Why would Ven be playing with my head you idiot? She just agreed to help us...You can't trust dragons. She's going to eat you...What? Where do you get that kind of nonsense? I don't remember reading any books like that...Well we picked it up from some where...You just made it up...I did not...Anyway, Will trusts her and so do I. Besides it's not like we can be picky right now...That's true. And when else are you going to be able to say you rode a dragon...I know. This day keeps throwing more surprises at us. Good and bad. Man I wish I could turn my head...Don't get comfortable. They keep saying there is more danger...I know. If I could will myself to move I would...I can't think of anything to help get us moving again...We just need time for it to ware off...Lets just hope it before something bad happens...Our luck is not 'that' good...No it's usually not.

Wolf enjoys the unrestricted view of either Ven's back or the sky, dependent on how she faced Wolf when she set him down on her back.
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 12
Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6
Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
NE-F50: 160/160

Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 367
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by John Altfeld »

ROLLS HELD

When Ven answers John's query about her brother. "But we sent him back to you safely in New Nashville?"

Play it cool, dragons have many identities.

"Understood, esteemed dragon. You are clearly here to destroy these vampires and are a different dragon from the one yesterday."
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 108/108
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290
Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 900'
• See the invisible
User avatar
Venenifer
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:09 am

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Venenifer »

[Rolls Held]
Wolf wrote: "Much obliged...Ven, was it? Thank you. Not one of my better days."
The dragoness sympathizes with the mortals sentiment with a huff and nod. "Ven, please. Yes, I can relate. " She answers after her telepathic message is met verbally. Not entirely paralyzed then, good. She thinks, at least until his gemini halves start talking in his head for Ven to hear.

She tilts her head back towards wolf with no eyebrow to raise yet internally, she is a mix of confused and entertained. This one seems to have another consciousness within? Or maybe his current one is fractured. Most interesting, I should like to see how it manifests. Ven muses ignorant or dispassionate towards any internal struggle and more intrigued.
John Altfeld wrote:"But we sent him back to you safely in New Nashville?" ... "Understood, esteemed dragon. You are clearly here to destroy these vampires and are a different dragon from the one yesterday."
Ven turns back to the rockish one. "Until now, I knew of no vampires though my friends and I will gladly help to cleanse them In return, later you could tell me more of this other dragon you encountered." Ven suggests
Venenifer, the Royal Frilled Dragon

Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead
╭∩╮(=^ェ^=)╭∩╮
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 367
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by John Altfeld »

ROLLS HELD

John drops a half-bow to Venenifer. "I look forward to discussing the most amazing dragon we met yesterday, who was definitely not you."

"But seriously, everyone, we need to get our equipment and go downstairs really fast. There were like 20 vampires waking up down there. We can't let them get to wandering."
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 108/108
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290
Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 900'
• See the invisible
User avatar
Armstrong
Game Master
Posts: 208
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:34 am

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Armstrong »

Day 3.
Time: 10:30 am
Temperature: 50 degrees with 10% Humidity.
Weather: Sky is clear and blue with no clouds in site. The sun looks like it will remain out and bright, there are no clouds to block it.


Things calm down and after a minute or so, Wolf reappears and finds himself deposited on the ground with a thud. Luckily for him, he did not faceplant into the ground. The two groups and sudden allies begin to talk as John emerges from the ground in the distance and quickly joins them, still 40 foot tall and made of pebbles. The new arrivals were perhaps the more normal looking of those present. Will begins arming the others with anti-vampire weaponry and tries to teach the Undead Slayer how to suck eggs.

After a several minutes, the vision in Will's eye begins to return, the spotty vision disappearing after another minute or so.

As John is confused and wondering if Venenifer is the girl they met earlier, he places his hand on top of the tank to prevent the occupants from escaping. He feels the hatch try to move, but it doesn't take a massive amount of effort to keep it in place.

Ven emerges from her cloud and picks up Wolf, placing him on her back. After a few minutes on Ven's back, feeling begins to return to Wolf's limbs and he is able to start moving again. She reaches out with her senses and can feel the presence of 4 beings still inside the tank.

From the south of the compound, three figures begin moving towards the motley party; the three other arrivals from Atlantis. Two are human, dressed in little more than a simple cloth garment with a collar around their necks and holding each other, both obviously nervous. The other is not so easy to identify.
rulian.jpg
rulian.jpg (94.59 KiB) Viewed 1915 times
OOC Comments
A successful Lore Dbee roll (-20 for those not from Atlantis) will identify the dbee as a Rulian, generally used as translators, but apparently also great singers
The dbee takes the lead, walking with a sense of pride and purpose as they approach. It bows to the group in deference, but the main bit of the bow seems to be directed towards Venenifer.

"Greetings oh great one," it speaks in a surprisingly light and melodic voice for its appearance, conversing in Dragonese as it directs its speech towards the hatchling "we are those that you freed from captivity from the marketplace, though we do not know if this was by design or accident. We thank you for this and humbly ask what do you intend to do with us?"

Jack begins moving away from the group and reaches out with his senses trying to find water. His search leads him away from the main group, heading east further into the stockade past the main house.
american-farmhouse-2B7HCAE.jpg
Theros can feel the vampires moving beneath him moving around.
roughnecksmap1.png
Roughnecks GM
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 186
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Wolf Whitaker »

Perception: 1d100: [13] = 13 /65%
JIC: 1d20: [11] = 11 ; 1d100: [83] = 83


Paranoia Thought Text

Active Effects:
  • HF: 12
  • (Opponents must roll to save vs horror factor whenever the Gunslinger makes a serious threat (stop or else ... ) and again if and when he first draws his weapon on a character. Likewise, those who attack a Gunslinger must roll to save vs Horror Factor whenever facing the Gunslinger in a one-on-one showdown, duel, or shootout, and whenever an opponent makes his first move to attack the Gunslinger, even if the gunslinger isn't aware the character plans to attack.)
  • See Invisible
  • Night vision 60’
  • Integrated Sensor Pod - NE Armor
    • 360° scanning capability
    • Allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise
  • Optics Enhancements
    • Passive Night Vision: 3,000'
    • Telescopic Vision (up to 20x Magnification): 1 mile
    • Macro-Lens (6x Magnification)
    • Thermo-Imager: 2,000'

Wolf lays on the back of Ven drinking in the nice day. As the feeling comes back into his limbs. It's like the worst feeling in the world. "Oh. Shit...Pins and needles all over. Ah." Wolf shakes himself a bit trying to shake off the pins and needles feeling. You going to have any self-respect? We are on a damn dragon and you are twitching up a storm...Gah, Shut up. Can't you feel this too?...I don't know what you're talking about...Oh, really. Ya go on. Keep talking asshole...Whatcha going to do? We experience everything together...Ha. You can feel it. Jackass!...Ugh...Now where is my stuff. Oh it's still here. Good. Let me get this helmet back on...Good idea. Don't want to to have another gun to your head...Truth. I will say I kind of like Ven's voice. There's so much power behind it...Umm. Ya. Now I'm sure the dragon did something to your head. But I can't deny she does have a voice that can command respect and servitude. Don't fall into the latter category...I don't think I'm her type. But who knows. She can't hear us can she?...Ummm. Maybe? She did bump into the conversation before...Oh well. Can't worry about that now...You are going to get us killed one day I just know it...Can't be helped.

Wolf reattaches his helmet and makes sure the rest of his gear is in place before coming onto one knee. Wolf gives Ven a small bow from her back. "Thank you Ven. I'll make sure to return the favor when I can." Wolf slides off the dragon as the strange creature is bowing and talking in some other language. Wolf leaves one hand on a pistol, just incase. That's not one I've seen before...Yes interesting one there...The humans behind seem to be subservient to it. They look like slaves. Check the collars...Indeed. You don't think Ven owns them do you?...I don't think so...Hey use the pocket translator...Oh I forgot about that.We better let Will know we are functional again...Oh right. Ya. Wolf will pull oout his pocket translator for a moment. When he hears the context of the speech from the being he pockets it and heads back to Will.

Wolf keys his radio as he moves over to Will, "Will. I'm functional again. Sorry for that. Got hit with some kind of paralysis. Won't happen again. Did I hear that there are Vampires below us?" Wolf will look over at John holding the tank. Wolf smiles a bit. "Got a new toy I see John. Does it work?" Wolf turns back to Will. "I'm not fond of trying to take on that many Vampires on their turf. But we do need answers on the girl we are supposed to rescuing. I would like to take the ordinance from the tank and use it to collapse the underground on them. Won't take them out but it will keep them in one place while we work on a way to flood it. But that could kill the person we are looking for. The other option I see is a straight up fight, but I don't like the numbers they have over us. We have the sun for now. I think we can take our time and come up with a plan. Maybe we should start by talking to the guys in the tank."

If Will is game for talking to the tank crew Wolf will walk over to where John has the tank pinned and climb up to one of the hatches. "John. Let up just enough that they can hear me. if you can." Wolf will then raise his voice so the crew can hear him. "Hey. Tank crew. Can you hear me?!?" Wolf waits a beat for a response. "Good. If you want to live you are going to follow my instructions. Failure to do so will result in my large friend here crushing this vehicle with you inside. You don't want that, I don't want that. Your instructs are as follows. First. We will let up on the hatch. You will throw out all weapons. Then you will exit one at a time with your hands open and in the air. Any psionics, magic or aggressive moves will be met with lethal force." Wolf will move back and nod to John to let up on the hatch. once he does so Wolf will keep his aim on the hatch. Wolf will fire if there is any hint of aggressive movements. Wolf will secure the first two with his MDC handcuffs and move them to the side of the tank. Wolf will motion for WIll to cover the other two. "Will keep these two covered." Wolf will pat them down to make sure they have not hidden any weapons. If they do have any hidden weapon Wolf will execute them on the spot.

Once Wolf has made sure they are secure he will begin to question them about the vampires' and the missing girl. "So lets just clear the air here. I don't give two shits about you guys. You're not why I'm here. I'm looking for this person," Wolf shows a picture of the girl they are trying to save, "She is my only concern. Now if you have information about her then please share. Her safety is the only thing standing between you and walking away from this encounter. Otherwise I will have to resort to less pleasant methods. For example I could have my large friend here slowly crush you to death from the feet up. About three quarters of the way up your head would pop like a top." Wolf gives an exaggerated shudder, "No one wants that. Do they?" Wolf gives pause to see if the crew has anything to say.

Skill rolls:
- Interrogation-- 1d100: [63] = 63 /75% (Find information on the vampires' and the girl they are looking for)
- Find Contraband-- 1d100: [13] = 13 /62% (Find hidden weapons rolled once for each person)
- Find Contraband-- 1d100: [69] = 69 /62% (Find hidden weapons rolled once for each person)
- Find Contraband-- 1d100: [78] = 78 /62% (Find hidden weapons rolled once for each person)
- Find Contraband-- 1d100: [40] = 40 /62% (Find hidden weapons rolled once for each person)
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 12
Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6
Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
NE-F50: 160/160

Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Theros
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:28 pm

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Theros »

Perception: 1d100: [92] = 92
JIC: 1d20: [10] = 10
JIC: 1d100: [50] = 50


Theros immediately goes to a high position and starts to meditate when the talks and questioning start, knowing the battle ahead of them. During this time, he meditates on his training and teachings through the elders back on Solaria. Focusing on the imagery of the surrounding area refilling his energies and charging him with magics.
Theros
Description
Outside of his armor's, appears to be a early teenager, despite his age. Dark red hair (Auburn) Light Blue/Grey eyes, sparse freckles on body, tall, athletic build. He has his marks of heritage on his wrists as do every True Atlantean, he wears leather bracers over them outside of his armor's. Tattoos are placed mainly on his torso, so not as visible if worn with regular clothing.
User avatar
Nathan Cooper
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:04 pm

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Nathan Cooper »

Perception (15%): 1d100: [84] = 84
JiC d20: 1d20: [3] = 3
JiC d100: 1d100: [75] = 75

The Samson suit stood up straight and hopped off the top of the tank, landing with a loud thud. Nathan gave his railgun a couple of smacks and sighed. He made his way over to Ven's side and turned to face their new acquaintances.

Sparing a glance at Ven, Nathan shook his head in disbelief. Even after their time together, he was still in awe of her true form. "Thank God she's with us."

Nathan thumbs his suit's intercom and speaks up, directed at the other group of miscreants.

"Alright. Now that the goddamned battlezone has calmed down a bit, can someone do me a favor and tell me where the hell we are?"
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 483
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC
Contact:

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by William Summers »

Perception: 1d100: [17] = 17 /51% (+15% regarding machines and/or magic)
JIC: 1d20: [14] = 14 / 1d100: [59] = 59
Conditions
  • SDC: 48/62
  • HP: 73/73
  • ISP: 31/31
  • Personal PPE: 181/196
  • Energy Sphere: 423/800. 30/32 days
  • PPE Talisman: 50/50
Cosmic Armor:
  • MDC: 124/400
  • Duration: 158:15/160:00 minutes
  • The character can breathe for as long as the spell is in place.
  • Enjoys a constant comfortable internal temperature and is protected from cold, radiation and extreme blasts of heat.
  • Cosmic Armor can hover, and flies at a speed of Mach One.
  • Armor has 50 M.D.C. per level of experience! (400 MDC)
  • Magic and M.D. cold and heat/fire/plasma attacks do half damage to the Cosmic Armor.
  • Spells may be cast and psionic powers used while wearing Cosmic Armor, and additional magic may be combined with it, such as other methods of flight, communications, etc.
  • Reduce flying speed by half in an atmosphere.
  • The armored protection also restricts movement a bit, and inflicts a penalty of -5% to all Physical skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing, and similar, and -10% to Palming, Pick Pocket, Prowl, Safe-Cracking, Seduction and most Medical and highly technical skills that require a delicate touch.
Superhuman Speed:
  • Duration: 14:30/16:00 minutes
  • Speed: 44/30 MPH.
  • Bonuses: +2 to parry, +6 to dodge, no fatigue
Superhuman Agility:
  • Duration: 6:45/8:00 minutes
  • Bonuses: +1 on initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to dodge and +5 to roll with impact
  • Automatic Dodge (+5; the act of dodging – moving out of the way of an attack – without spending one of his own melee attacks).
  • Automatically rolls with impact from falls, when struck by a moving vehicle or when struck by explosions/concussive blasts (including sonic blasts).
  • +20% to Climb/Rappel skill.
Fighting Spirit:
  • Duration: 6:45/8:00 minutes
  • +2 attacks/actions per melee round
  • +1 on initiative
  • +1 to strike with guns
  • +3 to strike in melee combat
  • +2 to disarm, parry and dodge
  • +4 to pull punch
  • +2 to roll with impact
  • +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear
  • +2 to save vs possession
  • Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20, karate kick (1D8 S.D.C.), jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw.
  • While the spell is in effect, the caster moves with an agility, confidence and skill (normally) beyond his own natural abilities.

Fleet Feet:
  • Duration: 6:45/8:00 minutes
  • Double attacks/actions per melee round
  • +1 on initiative (PP Bonus and spell penalty)
  • +6 to strike, parry and dodge (PP Bonus)
  • Cannot see surprise attacks.
  • -20% to delicate skills
  • Does not affect spellcasting or psionic abilities. These take twice as many actions.

Lightblade:
  • Damage: 1d4*10+8 MD
  • Duration: 14:45/16:00 minutes
  • Bonuses: +1 to strike, and can be used to attempt to parry energy attacks. Double damage against Vampires, shadow beasts and other demons vulnerable to light. No damage against those immune to light or energy.
Mage Armor:
  • Helm: 50
  • Arms: 25 each
  • Legs: 45 each
  • Main Body: 90
Globe of Daylight:
  • Duration: 17:15/24:00 minutes
  • Range: Up to 30 feet away.
  • Diameter: 96 feet.
  • Speed: 12
Will begins his usual rounds of searching the bodies of the fallen for any gear that can be repurposed. He checks the masked man, Crompton and the farmhands.
Wolf Whitaker wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:53 pm Wolf keys his radio as he moves over to Will, "Will. I'm functional again. Sorry for that. Got hit with some kind of paralysis. Won't happen again. Did I hear that there are Vampires below us?"
Will flies back down to ground level to chat with Wolf once he's done. "The same bastard took my vision for a moment. Luckily, I had a backup." Will taps his magical eye and then responds to the rest of Wolf's inquiry.
Wolf Whitaker wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:53 pm "I'm not fond of trying to take on that many Vampires on their turf. But we do need answers on the girl we are supposed to rescuing. I would like to take the ordinance from the tank and use it to collapse the underground on them. Won't take them out but it will keep them in one place while we work on a way to flood it. But that could kill the person we are looking for. The other option I see is a straight up fight, but I don't like the numbers they have over us. We have the sun for now. I think we can take our time and come up with a plan. Maybe we should start by talking to the guys in the tank."
"You hit all the points. Don't want to fight them all. Definitely don't want to kill the girl. Talking, heh. You getting soft on me? Just kidding, sounds good, Wolf."
Wolf Whitaker wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:53 pmWolf will motion for Will to cover the other two. "Will keep these two covered."
Will keeps his eye on the two with his Lightblade out. If anyone makes any unexpected moves, he'll take them out.

When the vampires don't show their faces immediately, Will decides its time for introductions.
Nathan Cooper wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:52 am"Alright. Now that the goddamned battlezone has calmed down a bit, can someone do me a favor and tell me where the hell we are?"
"You're in Wonton, New Mexico. Which is a copy of the city we just came from, New Nashville, TN. We're on a job to find someone's daughter who got nabbed by the vamps. It's been a mess ever since. So if you see this girl," Will shows the image of Alejandra Cierva, "Incapacitate. Do. Not. Kill. Her. She's our payday and nothing's coming between us and that. Not after what we've been through." Will's demeanor turns momentarily bitter as he recalls the shenanigans in New Nashville, the explosion in MercTown and subsequent Defenders. Focus. There's folks who just rifted here like you did back in the day. Orientation.
"Hey. We're the Roughnecks. I'm The Wanderer. That's Pebbles, Fireman and The Wolf. Who're you and what are these people talking about captivity?"
The Man in Black
Ledger
User avatar
Venenifer
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:09 am

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Venenifer »

Perception: 1d100: [81] = 81 /45%
JiC: 1d100: [71] = 71 / 1d20: [19] = 19

Conditions:
Natural Dragon: 11; with Frills extended: 13
| Nightvision (200ft) | See Invisible (at will) | Res to Fire/Cold (MD/Magic Fire/Plasma/Cold do 1/2) | Immune to paralysis | Bio-regen 1d4*10/m | Sense Ley Lines, Nexuses, Dragons within 20miles | AoI 20 MDC | Mind Block Auto [Actively turned off for Telepathy] | [Telepathy: Two-way communication to Wolf] | Extended Presence Sense [80ft, 8 minutes] | Sixth Sense

PPE: 90/136 left after this post
ISP: 124/152

Skills:
Trust: 1d100: [64] = 64 /65%
Charm: 1d100: [50] = 50 /107%
Lore, Recognize Magic Enchatment: 1d100: [98] = 98 /50% (The Collars on the slavestock)

Post:

When Ven senses the four lives inside the tank, she turns her head towards the pebbly one. "I can feel four inside that tank, still alive." She states before her attention is Nathan asking a very important question she hadn't really considered, being a dimensional hopper by trade. Leave it to the former slavestock to ask the important questions. She muses with a smile, one that is hardly noticeable in her draconic form.
Nathan wrote:"Alright. Now that the goddamned battlezone has calmed down a bit, can someone do me a favor and tell me where the hell we are?"
Summer Wanderer wrote:"You're in Wonton, New Mexico. Which is a copy of the city we just came from, New Nashville, TN. We're on a job to find someone's daughter who got nabbed by the vamps. It's been a mess ever since. So if you see this girl," Will shows the image of Alejandra Cierva, "Incapacitate. Do. Not. Kill. Her. She's our payday and nothing's coming between us and that. Not after what we've been through."
"Hey. We're the Roughnecks. I'm The Wanderer. That's Pebbles, Fireman and The Wolf. Who're you and what are these people talking about captivity?"
"Interesting." Ven says simply to Will's explanation, looking at the picture of the girl then turning her head at the approaching slavestock. "Ah." She says aloud, turning to look directly at them. Others from the Slavers Market, let's see how this one goes. Ven thinks to herself. Ven leaves the questioning of the tank crew to the ruffians she's currently allied with and focuses on the three slavestock.
D-Bee wrote:"Greetings oh great one," "we are those that you freed from captivity from the marketplace, though we do not know if this was by design or accident. We thank you for this and humbly ask what do you intend to do with us?"
The dragoness lowers her head before folding her wings around her, folding them over and in front of her, her body shrinking and in an instant, the dragoness stands as her favored human-like self, just barely over six feet tall. The cloak she had wrapped around her leg now wrapped around her so that she may look to the trio on a more eye-level. "Let's consider our encounter a happy accident. What are your names?" Ven asks of the trio, her voice inherently soft and soothing. When they offer their names, if they have one that is, she nods. "You may call me Ven. I have no interest in continuing your indentured service. My plans for you three is to see you to a better location than this and offer you freedom." Ven explains and if she senses any apprehension towards the idea of freedom that many slavestock have, she will add. "Or I offer you remain with me, for the time being, until you can find your way." Ven finishes, her statement in earnest. I have no desire for these three to feel indebted to me, though many slaves have a harder time finding freedom. I will leave this choice to them. Ven muses silently to herself as she listens to the trio's response. The Rulian will sense her general empathy and sympathy to their existence, which may surprise the Dbee seeing a dragon show apparently genuine concern over slavestock.

She turns to William to explain their situation. "These likely fell through the portal I opened when we were assaulted by the Powerlord and come from the Slaver Markets of Atlantis. This is likely their first time, without shackles, in a different land. " She explains, looking to the two humans now. "Would you like those collars removed?" Ven asks, looking back to the Rulian. "You appear far more acquainted with my presence than the others." She states the obvious, looking to see how the Rulian responds. Ven will extend her telepathy to read the surface thoughts of the three slavestock before them.

Ven listens to Wolf as he interrogates the crew of the tank with mild interest. True mercenaries, it seems. I'm partial to letting those occupants die after their attack on me. Ven thinks to herself, rolling her shoulder and arm on the side of her body that took the tank shells.
Venenifer, the Royal Frilled Dragon

Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead
╭∩╮(=^ェ^=)╭∩╮
User avatar
Nathan Cooper
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:04 pm

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Nathan Cooper »

(rolls held)

Nathan grunts at Summers' somewhat standoffish initial comment. He has to stop himself from snapping back too hard at the man.

"New Mexico, huh? Well I'll be damned."

He sits silently for a moment taking it all in. That'd leave him pretty far south of home, but hell... It was a damn good headstart.

"To be honest, I don't give a damn about whatever contract you've got going on. We just got our ticket out of Atlantis I'm fixing to turn tail in the other direction. Last thing we need is to get mixed up with a bunch of vampires..."


Nathan sighs and runs a hand through his hair.

"But... It ain't my place to decide what's what."

The Samson's head turns its head towards Ven.

"That's up to her."
User avatar
Venenifer
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:09 am

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Venenifer »

[Rolls Held]
Nathan wrote:"To be honest, I don't give a damn about whatever contract you've got going on. We just got our ticket out of Atlantis I'm fixing to turn tail in the other direction. Last thing we need is to get mixed up with a bunch of vampires..."... "That's up to her."
Ven listens to her ally from Atlantis with a slight nod and turns to look at Will. "In Atlantis, it is dangerous to be anything but a Splurgothian ally or a dragon, as such, I am their protector." Ven adds a brief explanation before continuing. "And I was never fond of that place to be frank; our venture there was one of short-sightedness that I am glad to be away from. Though being here hasn't proven any different yet, considering your quarry that wanted to eat me when we arrived and there seem to be vampires abound." She muses aloud in thought. Interestingly, the duo that started our venture in Atlantis both left Rana and I the pieces to pick up. She thinks back to Erebos and Vortigern with feigned disdain. I do hope they survived, whatever they got into. Rana as well, I suspect I will see her again. Ven ponders, the thought granting her a brief smile.

"Tell me, Summers the Wanderer, your band of Roughnecks; how would they feel about us tagging along, for the time being that is?" Ven asks, pausing to look at the slavestock next to her and nodding. "And would you aid me in seeing this trio to a better location? Perhaps spare any clothing you may have on hand for the two in the back?" Ven asks, motioning her hand towards the two human slaves clutching each other in barely more than rags.
Venenifer, the Royal Frilled Dragon

Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead
╭∩╮(=^ェ^=)╭∩╮
User avatar
Nathan Cooper
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:04 pm

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Nathan Cooper »

Seeing Vennifer seemingly in control of the situation and reverting to her humanoid form, Nathan decides to relax a bit as well. He flicks a few switches and the back his armor cracks open with a hiss.

Tucking his laser pistol into his arm holster, he hops down from the suit. After a few moments inspecting the damage to his suit, he stands next to Vennifer and folds his arms.
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 186
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Wolf Whitaker »

**Rolls Held Over**

Paranoia Thought Text

Active Effects:
  • HF: 12
  • (Opponents must roll to save vs horror factor whenever the Gunslinger makes a serious threat (stop or else ... ) and again if and when he first draws his weapon on a character. Likewise, those who attack a Gunslinger must roll to save vs Horror Factor whenever facing the Gunslinger in a one-on-one showdown, duel, or shootout, and whenever an opponent makes his first move to attack the Gunslinger, even if the gunslinger isn't aware the character plans to attack.)
  • See Invisible
  • Night vision 60’
  • Integrated Sensor Pod - NE Armor
    • 360° scanning capability
    • Allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise
  • Optics Enhancements
    • Passive Night Vision: 3,000'
    • Telescopic Vision (up to 20x Magnification): 1 mile
    • Macro-Lens (6x Magnification)
    • Thermo-Imager: 2,000'
**The Below actions are prior to the interrogation of the tank crew**

Will wrote: "You hit all the points. Don't want to fight them all. Definitely don't want to kill the girl. Talking, heh. You getting soft on me? Just kidding, sounds good, Wolf."
Wolf gives Will a sly grin. "You wish. It's easier to get information if they think they have a chance to live. That's interrogation 101." Aren't we a little blood thirsty today...Just mad about being disabled for so long...Make sure it doesn't cause you to miss a detail. That could be costly for us...I'm aware.
Will wrote: "Hey. We're the Roughnecks. I'm The Wanderer. That's Pebbles, Fireman and The Wolf. Who're you and what are these people talking about captivity?"
Wolf tips his hat during the introductions. Wolf never really had a chance before to look over the people assembled. Wolf lets his armor cover his slight shock at watching Ven transform into her human form. Damn...That is unnatural beauty...Not what I was looking at. That transformation, never seen anything like that before. It was seamless...You sure you're not looking at anything else?...Nope...Ya. Sure...The PA pilot seems irritated...He seems like a jerk. I think you could take him...Likely. I know I could have blown the tank if I could have moved. He's guarding himself as he still hasn't given his name. Out of the three of them only Ven has actually introduces herself...Your mind is wandering again...Nope...*sigh*...What was that for...Nothing...What about the third guy? He hasn't said anything yet?...Maybe he's watching us. Evaluating. The same as we are doing to them...Sometimes you do have good ideas. The PA pilot doesn't seem to want to be here, But he is deferring to Ven.
Ven wrote:"Tell me, Summers the Wanderer, your band of Roughnecks; how would they feel about us tagging along, for the time being that is?" Ven asks, pausing to look at the slavestock next to her and nodding. "And would you aid me in seeing this trio to a better location? Perhaps spare any clothing you may have on hand for the two in the back?" Ven asks, motioning her hand towards the two human slaves clutching each other in barely more than rags.
Wolf looks back to Will, "I'm good with a few more hands for this job. It would bring us back up to what we had when we started this job. Better chance of success. I'm not sure about those other three, the slaves. I'll let you make that call boss." Wolf notes the PA pilot exiting his PA as they are talking. Wolf walks over to him. It's obvious Wolf has several pistols, all 6 shooters, at several places in holsters and on his belt. He looks the very definition of an old-west gunslinger. Cowboy hat, duster, and all. Seems he's just missing a horse. Wolf extends a hand to Nathan "Wolf. I Never got your name." Wolf looks up at the PA then back to Nathan, "Big target you drive. If you guys are sticking around why don't you give me a hand with these tankers. See what we can drag out of them. I don't know about you but I find they tend to be uncomfortable facing adversaries outside their vehicles." Wolf flashes a predatory smile.
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 12
Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6
Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
NE-F50: 160/160

Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 483
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC
Contact:

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by William Summers »

(Rolls held)
Conditions
  • SDC: 48/62
  • HP: 73/73
  • ISP: 31/31
  • Personal PPE: 181/196
  • Energy Sphere: 423/800. 30/32 days
  • PPE Talisman: 50/50
Cosmic Armor:
  • MDC: 124/400
  • Duration: 158:15/160:00 minutes
  • The character can breathe for as long as the spell is in place.
  • Enjoys a constant comfortable internal temperature and is protected from cold, radiation and extreme blasts of heat.
  • Cosmic Armor can hover, and flies at a speed of Mach One.
  • Armor has 50 M.D.C. per level of experience! (400 MDC)
  • Magic and M.D. cold and heat/fire/plasma attacks do half damage to the Cosmic Armor.
  • Spells may be cast and psionic powers used while wearing Cosmic Armor, and additional magic may be combined with it, such as other methods of flight, communications, etc.
  • Reduce flying speed by half in an atmosphere.
  • The armored protection also restricts movement a bit, and inflicts a penalty of -5% to all Physical skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing, and similar, and -10% to Palming, Pick Pocket, Prowl, Safe-Cracking, Seduction and most Medical and highly technical skills that require a delicate touch.
Superhuman Speed:
  • Duration: 14:30/16:00 minutes
  • Speed: 44/30 MPH.
  • Bonuses: +2 to parry, +6 to dodge, no fatigue
Superhuman Agility:
  • Duration: 6:45/8:00 minutes
  • Bonuses: +1 on initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to dodge and +5 to roll with impact
  • Automatic Dodge (+5; the act of dodging – moving out of the way of an attack – without spending one of his own melee attacks).
  • Automatically rolls with impact from falls, when struck by a moving vehicle or when struck by explosions/concussive blasts (including sonic blasts).
  • +20% to Climb/Rappel skill.
Fighting Spirit:
  • Duration: 6:45/8:00 minutes
  • +2 attacks/actions per melee round
  • +1 on initiative
  • +1 to strike with guns
  • +3 to strike in melee combat
  • +2 to disarm, parry and dodge
  • +4 to pull punch
  • +2 to roll with impact
  • +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear
  • +2 to save vs possession
  • Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20, karate kick (1D8 S.D.C.), jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw.
  • While the spell is in effect, the caster moves with an agility, confidence and skill (normally) beyond his own natural abilities.

Fleet Feet:
  • Duration: 6:45/8:00 minutes
  • Double attacks/actions per melee round
  • +1 on initiative (PP Bonus and spell penalty)
  • +6 to strike, parry and dodge (PP Bonus)
  • Cannot see surprise attacks.
  • -20% to delicate skills
  • Does not affect spellcasting or psionic abilities. These take twice as many actions.

Lightblade:
  • Damage: 1d4*10+8 MD
  • Duration: 14:45/16:00 minutes
  • Bonuses: +1 to strike, and can be used to attempt to parry energy attacks. Double damage against Vampires, shadow beasts and other demons vulnerable to light. No damage against those immune to light or energy.
Mage Armor:
  • Helm: 50
  • Arms: 25 each
  • Legs: 45 each
  • Main Body: 90
Globe of Daylight:
  • Duration: 17:15/24:00 minutes
  • Range: Up to 30 feet away.
  • Diameter: 96 feet.
  • Speed: 12
Wolf Whitaker wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:26 am
Will wrote: "You hit all the points. Don't want to fight them all. Definitely don't want to kill the girl. Talking, heh. You getting soft on me? Just kidding, sounds good, Wolf."
Wolf gives Will a sly grin. "You wish. It's easier to get information if they think they have a chance to live. That's interrogation 101."
"And here I thought honesty was the best policy. 'I'm going to take your leg off now.' So and and soforth."
Nathan Cooper wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:51 am"To be honest, I don't give a damn about whatever contract you've got going on. We just got our ticket out of Atlantis I'm fixing to turn tail in the other direction. Last thing we need is to get mixed up with a bunch of vampires..."
"But... It ain't my place to decide what's what."
"That's up to her."[/b]
Will gives Nathan the once over. Big armor. Pissed off. I like him. Atlantis? 'They go in but they never come out'. Or at least until now. Well, that explains the Powerlord. Where the hell did it go? "It's not every day you meet a guy who doesn't care about a payday." Will turns to Ven to listen to her explanation of what's gone on.
Venenifer wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:05 am"In Atlantis, it is dangerous to be anything but a Splurgothian ally or a dragon, as such, I am their protector." Ven adds a brief explanation before continuing. "And I was never fond of that place to be frank; our venture there was one of short-sightedness that I am glad to be away from. Though being here hasn't proven any different yet, considering your quarry that wanted to eat me when we arrived and there seem to be vampires abound."
"Well ma'am," Eyes up, Summers. "we may not be dragons, but we're the next best thing out here. Danger is everywhere and murder takes no holidays. Best to be prepared, and barring that, to have some badasses at your back."

Wolf Whitaker wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:26 am
Ven wrote:"Tell me, Summers the Wanderer, your band of Roughnecks; how would they feel about us tagging along, for the time being that is?" Ven asks, pausing to look at the slavestock next to her and nodding. "And would you aid me in seeing this trio to a better location? Perhaps spare any clothing you may have on hand for the two in the back?" Ven asks, motioning her hand towards the two human slaves clutching each other in barely more than rags.
Wolf looks back to Will, "I'm good with a few more hands for this job. It would bring us back up to what we had when we started this job. Better chance of success. I'm not sure about those other three, the slaves. I'll let you make that call boss."
"I'll do you one better. You help us find this girl and we'll give you and your friends there a home, a job and introduce you to MercTown. No pressure of course. If you wanna scour the wilds by yourself, or even settle into Wonton here, no one's stopping you. There is a vampire infestation to deal with. I may have glossed over that part."

Will steps over to Wolf and says "I've been thinking. With Wak out, I've taken on the big boy pants. I've fought beside you and seen your decision making and battle prowess. What'd'you think about being my second in this merry band of idiots? There's no extra pay, but you do get to tell a giant pile of rocks what to do. Worth it if you ask me."
The Man in Black
Ledger
User avatar
Nathan Cooper
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:04 pm

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Nathan Cooper »

[/b] Wolf notes the PA pilot exiting his PA as they are talking. Wolf walks over to him. It's obvious Wolf has several pistols, all 6 shooters, at several places in holsters and on his belt. He looks the very definition of an old-west gunslinger. Cowboy hat, duster, and all. Seems he's just missing a horse. Wolf extends a hand to Nathan "Wolf. I Never got your name." Wolf looks up at the PA then back to Nathan, "Big target you drive. If you guys are sticking around why don't you give me a hand with these tankers. See what we can drag out of them. I don't know about you but I find they tend to be uncomfortable facing adversaries outside their vehicles." Wolf flashes a predatory smile.
Nathan doesn't move for a moment, staring at the outstretched hand. He glances over at Ven briefly before taking a step forward and clasping Wolf's hand. He applies a good amount of pressure and waits to see what kind of a grip the man's got. He snorts at Wolf's comment about the suit.

"The name's Cooper. She might be a big target, but she can take plenty of punishment. Sometimes its all about being the one who can take the most hits and keep going."

He continues the firm handshake.

"What about you, cowboy? Those guns real pretty. You any good with them?"
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 186
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Wolf Whitaker »

**Rolls Held Over**

Paranoia Thought Text

Active Effects:
  • HF: 12
  • (Opponents must roll to save vs horror factor whenever the Gunslinger makes a serious threat (stop or else ... ) and again if and when he first draws his weapon on a character. Likewise, those who attack a Gunslinger must roll to save vs Horror Factor whenever facing the Gunslinger in a one-on-one showdown, duel, or shootout, and whenever an opponent makes his first move to attack the Gunslinger, even if the gunslinger isn't aware the character plans to attack.)
  • See Invisible
  • Night vision 60’
  • Integrated Sensor Pod - NE Armor
    • 360° scanning capability
    • Allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise
  • Optics Enhancements
    • Passive Night Vision: 3,000'
    • Telescopic Vision (up to 20x Magnification): 1 mile
    • Macro-Lens (6x Magnification)
    • Thermo-Imager: 2,000'
William Summers wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:12 am Will steps over to Wolf and says "I've been thinking. With Wak out, I've taken on the big boy pants. I've fought beside you and seen your decision making and battle prowess. What'd'you think about being my second in this merry band of idiots? There's no extra pay, but you do get to tell a giant pile of rocks what to do. Worth it if you ask me."
Wolf chuckles and thinks for just a moment. Oh you get to boss John around. Yes the answer is Yes...Knock it off. It is a good deal. Wolf nods to Will, "Sounds like a good idea. I've got your back."
Nathan Cooper wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:17 am Nathan doesn't move for a moment, staring at the outstretched hand. He glances over at Ven briefly before taking a step forward and clasping Wolf's hand. He applies a good amount of pressure and waits to see what kind of a grip the man's got. He snorts at Wolf's comment about the suit.

"The name's Cooper. She might be a big target, but she can take plenty of punishment. Sometimes its all about being the one who can take the most hits and keep going."

He continues the firm handshake.

"What about you, cowboy? Those guns real pretty. You any good with them?"
Wolf's handshake is solid and firm, but not a contest of strength. Wolf gives a slight smirk at Nathan's response, "That's what I always hear from pilots. We'll have to see which mindset eventually is better then the other. As for my pistols..." A subtle pressure comes off of Wolf. A predatory spirit so to say. "There's no one better with them. Not that I have run into yet anyway." A dangerous light flashes in Wolf's eyes. "I would love to put it to the test one day." Wolf releases Nathan's hand. "Unfortunately I do have other engagements. Would you like to assist me with the interrogations? I could use someone to help ensure their cooperation." He has one hell of an attitude...No different then ours...He's challenging you. You should kill him here and be done with it...No. He stands up for himself and doesn't suffer fools. I respect that...But you kill him, easily...Yes I could. But he is out of his element. We shall see how well he does in his PA. We will also need him in any fight where we will be pitted against 20 vampires...True. We aren't that good...Not yet. We'll get there.
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 12
Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6
Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
NE-F50: 160/160

Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Nathan Cooper
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:04 pm

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Nathan Cooper »

Nathan chuckles softly as the pair finish shaking hands. "I think we'll get along alright, cowboy." He pulls a flask out of a pouch on his flight suit and takes a swig.

"Interrogation, huh? Wasn't really planning on it, but then my damn railgun jammed up. Sure, I'll help you out."

He points towards the tankers that Wolf had spoken about earlier.

"If you need to move something heavy or whatnot, I'll hop in the suit."
User avatar
Venenifer
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:09 am

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Venenifer »

[Rolls Held]
Wolf wrote:"I'm good with a few more hands for this job. It would bring us back up to what we had when we started this job. Better chance of success. I'm not sure about those other three, the slaves. I'll let you make that call boss."
Will wrote:"I'll do you one better. You help us find this girl and we'll give you and your friends there a home, a job and introduce you to MercTown. No pressure of course. If you wanna scour the wilds by yourself, or even settle into Wonton here, no one's stopping you. There is a vampire infestation to deal with. I may have glossed over that part."
Ven looks to Will then the interaction between Nate and Wolf with a nod. "I think we'll get along swimmingly, then. I'm curious to see this 'Merctown' as this is my first venture onto this continent." She admits, pausing briefly mid sentence. "Ah, I should mention that unlike my companions that fell with me, what equipment I had is still in Atlantis, and hardly worth recovering but should you have any spare weapons, like that water-blade you gave my companion, I would welcome it." Ven adds.
Nate wrote:"What about you, cowboy? Those guns real pretty. You any good with them?"
Wolf wrote: "That's what I always hear from pilots. We'll have to see which mindset eventually is better then the other. As for my pistols..." A subtle pressure comes off of Wolf. A predatory spirit so to say. "There's no one better with them. Not that I have run into yet anyway." A dangerous light flashes in Wolf's eyes. "I would love to put it to the test one day." Wolf releases Nathan's hand. "Unfortunately I do have other engagements. Would you like to assist me with the interrogations? I could use someone to help ensure their cooperation."
Nate wrote:"I think we'll get along alright, cowboy."
Ven looks towards Wolf and Nate interacting like long-lost rivals turned brothers with notable amusement. Ah, boys, everything is a competition with them, isn't it. Makes for good entertainment at the least, at least until they turn their guns on each other... Ven pauses mid-thought with a mischievous smile No, that's still entertaining. She finishes her thought
Venenifer, the Royal Frilled Dragon

Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead
╭∩╮(=^ェ^=)╭∩╮
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 367
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by John Altfeld »

Perception: 1d100: [56] = 56 / 76%
JIC: 1d20: [16] = 16 / 1d100: [48] = 48

CONDITIONS: John is at +35 feet, Pebbles, See Invisible, Radar, Immune to Possession, can't be touched by undead, can't be mind controlled by vampires, etc.

MDC: -370 (542 remaining at current size/status) APS MDC currently intact (starts going down at 408), Assorted Healing Factors Total 8 MDC per Hour (1 per 7.5 minutes).

John waves at everyone when introductions are made. "Hi. I can't shake hands or whatever right now. I don't think I can get smaller, honestly. This is going to sound insane, but I just had a bunch of armless cyborgs biting my ass in a tunnel."

When Wolf comes over to get to the tankers, John shakes the tank around and says, "Do what the nice man says and you'll probably live."

To Wolf, he whispers, "They may be vamp mind slaves. Which means you won't get anything out of them. So better be ready to knock them out, kill them, or get them nice and tied up. Also, try not to mess up this tank any more. It's worth money!"

When Nathan states that he wants to just leave, John thinks, Then go, TinCan. I don't want to split our payday and what are you going to do with your toy? I do not think I like you...

Ven transforms and he thinks, Dragon is now lady. You're slick, little girl. Not using the same form as yesterday.

"If those people need clothes, there's lots on those bodies and Will can make stuff clean."

Once the tankers are well in hand, he stretches, turns to Will and announces. "I'll run and get our stuff off of the sandbar. Maybe collapse that tunnel at the townside in case the armless cyborgs can climb with their mouths. Anyone need anything else? Whiskey? Tamales? Wolf's horse?"

He goes over to Nathan, drops his lightblade at Nathan's feet, points at it and comments, "You turn it on by pushing the button and saying 'Schwartz!' It's better for fighting vampires than anything you're packing."

If he overheard Will's offer to Wolf, he adds, "That's funny. Orders!"
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 108/108
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290
Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 900'
• See the invisible
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 402
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia
Contact:

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Jack Killian »

(((Rolls Carry Over)))
Jack is part way in to the first room. as he looks around he sees no one followed him. Dang left high and Dry again. He quickly runs back out the way he came in.

Once outside he slows down and makes a statement, "You guys didn't follow me? Just out here chatterin like a Kola Sunday walk? why don't we use the sun shine when we got it and go after these vamps?"

Jack looks at Wolf and William and shakes his head. Takes a deep sigh and speaks up, "Well what is the plan? Oh Glad your alright Wolf. You want me to heat up the ones in the Tank? Did you hear that you in the tank, your 5 Seconds are way up.'" Just leave the por Aussie out of a get together no Shrimp on the Barbie for you.

Jack heads over to the tank and looks for a weak point a place wher most of the armor has been wore through and causes his flames to start making it weaker and hotter inside.

to the Dragon jack ask politly, "Excuse me miss dragon, can you pop the top on the tank here,and get these Blokes out of there."

He speaks to the ones in the tank, "The next thing I can do is seal all the exits, for you in the tank. Make it like a preasure cooker."

Jack isn't trying to be mean He just doesn't want these people to be around when the vampires come out to feed.
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 42/ 42 MD
S.D.C.: 90/ 90

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.

CN-1 Net

Skorblade Short Sword
Damage: 1D8 M.D.
Weight: 3 lbs.
Features: excellent balance and craftsmanship
Modifiers: +1 to strike and parry
Book Reference: p.152, MercOps

TW "Dragonfire" Flamethrower
Range: 100'
Damage: single Shot: 1D6x10 M.D.
Spray: 1D6x10 M.D. to all targets in a 100' long & 10' wide arc (3 APM)
Rate of Fire: single shots & sprays only
Payload: 5 blasts per P.P.E. clip
Weight: 8 lbs.



Sense the Presence of Spirits Amulet

The amulet changes color whenever an entity is within 100'

Image
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 367
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by John Altfeld »

ROLLS HELD

Hearing no dissent, John goes and gets the equipment from the mid-river sandbar at top speed, goes back into town long enough to grab Wolf's horse and find a tamale lady.

In exchange for the tamales, he gives her his Naruni Ripper Robot Vibrosword. "You only want trade, right?"

"Oh hey, everybody," he says, at top volume. "Watch out for anything coming out of that hatch. There were cyborgs that bit my ass."

He then tries to collapse the tunnel with his fists and returns to his comrades at top safe speed (don't want to destroy the town).
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 108/108
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290
Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 900'
• See the invisible
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 483
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC
Contact:

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by William Summers »

(Rolls held over)
Venenifer wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:34 am"Ah, I should mention that unlike my companions that fell with me, what equipment I had is still in Atlantis, and hardly worth recovering but should you have any spare weapons, like that water-blade you gave my companion, I would welcome it." Ven adds.
Will reaches around his neck and unclips his talisman chain. "Here you go. They should all be full charged. I can cast any of these so this will be of better use in your hands, ma'am. I think you'll find the Lightblade of particular use." He removes the PPE battery Talisman (and places it on his amulet chain), but hands the rest over to Ven.
Talismans
Talisman of Chromatic Protection
Image
Talisman
Magic Features
  • Chromatic Protection
  • Duration: 8 minutes
  • Charges: 3

Book Reference: p.100/150, BoM


Talisman of Cloak of Darkness
Image
Talisman
Magic Features
  • Cloak of Darkness
  • Duration: 32 minutes
  • Charges: 3

Book Reference: p.93/150, BoM


Talisman of Fighting Spirit
Image
Talisman
Magic Features
  • Fighting Spirit
  • +1 on Initiative, to strike w/ Guns
  • +2 APM, to disarm, parry and dodge, roll w/ impact, to save vs Possession
  • +3 to strike melee,
  • +4 pull punch, to save vs Horror Factor/fear
  • Crit Strike: Natural 18-20
  • Karate kick, Jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack, Judo flip/throw.
  • Duration: 4 minutes
  • Charges: 3

Book Reference: p.16 Mercenary Adventures/p.150, BoM


Talisman of Invincible Armor
Image
Talisman
Magic Features
  • Invincible Armor
  • 200/200 MDC
  • Regen: 1D6 MD/melee
  • Equivalent to EBA
  • Energy attacks: 1/2 damage
  • -15% to prowl, climb, swim and other physical skills
  • Charges: 3

Book Reference: p.121/150, BoM


Talisman of Invincible Armor
Image
Talisman
Magic Features
  • Invincible Armor (9th level)
  • Charges: 3

Book Reference: p.150, BoM


Talisman of Invulnerability
Image
Talisman
Magic Features
  • Invulnerability
  • M.D.C.: 50
  • Impervious to cold, disease, drugs, gases, energy, poison, and toxins
  • +10 vs magic, psionics, & horror factor
  • Duration: 8 melees
  • Charges: 3

Book Reference: p.116/150, BoM


Talisman of Lightblade
Image
Talisman
Magic Features
  • Lightblade
  • Damage: 1d4*10+8 M.D.
  • Duration: 8 minutes
  • Charges: 3

Book Reference: p.117/150, BoM


Talisman of Magical-Adrenal Rush
Image
Talisman
Magic Features
  • Magical-Adrenal Rush
  • +1 to strike, dodge and all saving throws
  • +2 APM
  • +3 on initiative
  • Supernatural P.S.
  • Speed +50%
  • No fatigue, impervious to drugs, mind control, possession, illusions, pain, Horror Factor, can endure 3x normal damage to body.
  • Duration: 8 melees
  • At end of spell, ½ APM, speed, skills, combat bonuses for 1D4 minutes.
  • Charges: 3

Book Reference: p.122/150, BoM


Talisman of Sheltering Force
Image
Talisman
Magic Features
  • Sheltering Force
  • Duration: 8 hours
  • Charges: 3

Book Reference: p.114/150, BoM


Talisman of Superhuman Agility
Image
Talisman
Magic Features
  • Superhuman Agility
  • +1 on Initiative, Parry
  • +5 to dodge
  • Automatic Dodge: +5
  • Automatically rolls with impact
  • +20% to Climb/Rappel
  • Duration: 4 minutes
  • Charges: 3

Book Reference: p.14 Mercenary Adventures/p.150, BoM


Talisman of Superhuman Speed
Image
Talisman
Magic Features
  • Superhuman Speed
  • +2 to Parry
  • +6 to Dodge
  • Speed: 44, no Fatigue
  • Duration: 8 minutes
  • Charges: 3

Book Reference: p.109/150, BoM

Code: Select all

[ooc=Talismans]
[b]Talisman of Chromatic Protection[/b]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/zCQIbWe.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Talisman[/i]
[u]Magic Features[/u]
[list][*]Chromatic Protection
[*]Duration: 8 minutes
[*]Charges: 3[/list]
Book Reference: p.100/150, BoM[/size]

[b]Talisman of Cloak of Darkness[/b]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/eKXGlNH.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Talisman[/i]
[u]Magic Features[/u]
[list][*]Cloak of Darkness
[*]Duration: 32 minutes
[*]Charges: 3[/list]
Book Reference: p.93/150, BoM[/size]

[b]Talisman of Fighting Spirit[/b]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/lLRleAL.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Talisman[/i]
[u]Magic Features[/u]
[list][*]Fighting Spirit
[*]+1 on Initiative, to strike w/ Guns
[*]+2 APM, to disarm, parry and dodge, roll w/ impact, to save vs Possession
[*]+3 to strike melee,
[*]+4 pull punch, to save vs Horror Factor/fear
[*]Crit Strike: Natural 18-20
[*]Karate kick, Jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack, Judo flip/throw.
[*]Duration: 4 minutes
[*]Charges: 3[/list]
Book Reference: p.16 Mercenary Adventures/p.150, BoM[/size] 

[b]Talisman of Invincible Armor[/b]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/nhA86oV.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Talisman[/i]
[u]Magic Features[/u]
[list][*]Invincible Armor
[*][color=#FF0000]200[/color]/200 MDC
[*]Regen: 1D6 MD/melee
[*]Equivalent to EBA
[*]Energy attacks: 1/2 damage
[*]-15% to prowl, climb, swim and other physical skills
[*]Charges: 3[/list]
Book Reference: p.121/150, BoM[/size]

[b]Talisman of Invincible Armor[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2019/01/26/20190126131236-e522d633.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Talisman[/i]
[u]Magic Features[/u]
[list][*]Invincible Armor (9th level)
[*]Charges: 3[/list]
Book Reference: p.150, BoM[/size]

[b]Talisman of Invulnerability[/b]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/pF0ea8S.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Talisman[/i]
[u]Magic Features[/u]
[list][*]Invulnerability
[*]M.D.C.: 50
[*]Impervious to cold, disease, drugs, gases, energy, poison, and toxins
[*]+10 vs magic, psionics, & horror factor
[*]Duration: 8 melees
[*]Charges: 3[/list]
Book Reference: p.116/150, BoM[/size]

[b]Talisman of Lightblade[/b]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/B02B178.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Talisman[/i]
[u]Magic Features[/u]
[list][*]Lightblade
[*]Damage: 1d4*10+8 M.D.
[*]Duration: 8 minutes
[*]Charges: 3[/list]
Book Reference: p.117/150, BoM[/size] 

[b]Talisman of Magical-Adrenal Rush[/b]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/8azzfEO.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Talisman[/i]
[u]Magic Features[/u]
[list][*]Magical-Adrenal Rush
[*]+1 to strike, dodge and all saving throws
[*]+2 APM
[*]+3 on initiative
[*]Supernatural P.S.
[*]Speed +50%
[*]No fatigue, impervious to drugs, mind control, possession, illusions, pain, Horror Factor, can endure 3x normal damage to body.
[*]Duration: 8 melees
[color=red][*]At end of spell, ½ APM, speed, skills, combat bonuses for 1D4 minutes.[/color]
[*]Charges: 3[/list]
Book Reference: p.122/150, BoM[/size] 

[b]Talisman of Sheltering Force[/b]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/g3NMSR5.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Talisman[/i]
[u]Magic Features[/u]
[list][*]Sheltering Force
[*]Duration: 8 hours
[*]Charges: 3[/list]
Book Reference: p.114/150, BoM[/size] 

[b]Talisman of Superhuman Agility[/b]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/aBTIYPH.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Talisman[/i]
[u]Magic Features[/u]
[list][*]Superhuman Agility
[*]+1 on Initiative, Parry
[*]+5 to dodge
[*]Automatic Dodge: +5
[*]Automatically rolls with impact
[*]+20% to Climb/Rappel
[*]Duration: 4 minutes
[*]Charges: 3[/list]
Book Reference: p.14 Mercenary Adventures/p.150, BoM[/size] 

[b]Talisman of Superhuman Speed[/b]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/gQhEtcF.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Talisman[/i]
[u]Magic Features[/u]
[list][*]Superhuman Speed
[*]+2 to Parry
[*]+6 to Dodge
[*]Speed: 44, no Fatigue
[*]Duration: 8 minutes
[*]Charges: 3[/list]
Book Reference: p.109/150, BoM[/size][/ooc]
Jack Killian wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:05 pm"You guys didn't follow me? Just out here chatterin like a Kola Sunday walk? why don't we use the sun shine when we got it and go after these vamps?"
"I told you about running off like a hothead."
Jack Killian wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:05 pmJack looks at Wolf and William and shakes his head. Takes a deep sigh and speaks up, "Well what is the plan? Oh Glad your alright Wolf. You want me to heat up the ones in the Tank? Did you hear that you in the tank, your 5 Seconds are way up.'"
"You can ease off the tank, Jack. We've got them covered." He points to the folks being guarded by Will and Wolf. "The plan? The vamps are underground. There's a tunnel entrance back in Wonton, John said he found one in the desert and there's probably one here in this compound. John said he already collapsed the Wonton one. We check for the entrance here. If we're right, John will go collapse the desert one and meet us back here. We load up on this anti-vampire weaponry, head down to where the vamps are hiding, wipe them out by hook or by crook and collect the girl. Once again," Will holds up the picture of Alejandra Cierva, "IF you see this girl, do not kill her. That is our objective." He points to the weapons he's laid out. "We've got some gear here and John is on his way back with more. Any questions?"

When the group is done planning, Will follows John back to the tunnel they observed earlier and heads down.
The Man in Black
Ledger
User avatar
Armstrong
Game Master
Posts: 208
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:34 am

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Armstrong »

Day 3.
Time: 10:45 am
Temperature: 50 degrees with 10% Humidity.
Weather: Sky is clear and blue with no clouds in site. The sun looks like it will remain out and bright, there are no clouds to block it.

Nathan unjams his railgun, which takes a few minutes as he takes his time over to ensure no mistakes. Will starts stripping the bodies of weapons and stockpiles them near the bodies. Considering the beating they took, it is not exactly an impressive pile. Meanwhile, Ven speaks to the former slaves.
Venenifer wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:49 am Let's consider our encounter a happy accident. What are your names?" Ven asks of the trio, her voice inherently soft and soothing.
The Rulian is unphased by Ven's transformation and as she speaks in English
OOC Comments
presuming that Ven is as there is no note that she is switching languages
, he switches language without missing a beat.

"I am Trulik, this is Melike and Donnah. They do not speak your language and I suspect without magical assistance, any language that you know."
Venenifer wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:49 am You may call me Ven. I have no interest in continuing your indentured service. My plans for you three is to see you to a better location than this and offer you freedom." Ven explains and if she senses any apprehension towards the idea of freedom that many slavestock have, she will add. "Or I offer you remain with me, for the time being, until you can find your way."
Trulik nods to Ven and then turns and huddles with Melike and Donnah, whispering with each other, whilst the Roughnecks and the escapees from Atlantis start to talk properly. After a few moments, Trulik turns back to speak to

"For now, we wish to remain with you. All of this is a little too much for them at the moment. Anything familiar will help them settle."" Trulik explains.

The two disparate groups begin to discuss working together and The Roughnecks lending equipment. Well, mostly as Theros shows no interest in talking to people, but instead sits down and begins meditating. Wolf and Nathan decide to co-operate after some internal arguing.

Jack begins heating up the tank, as Wolf tries to interrogate them from outside as they refuse to leave the tank. Soon you can hear multiple raised voices and one is suddenly cut short. They still don't seem to be willing to leave the tank.

John rushes off and it will take him some time to get to each location and do what he wants to do.

As Will starts moving towards where John informed him of an entrance to the tunnel leading into the farm compound, there is suddenly a loud scream from inside the manor house.

Theros can sense about 20 vampires beneath him and they appear to be moving.

Equipment found
4x NG-L5 Laser Rifle
1x BigBore "Big Boss" Magnum Revolver
1x Vibro knife
1x IP-12 Ion Pistol
1x Laser Wrist Blaster
Slaver Net Gun
Talisman of Armour (currently out of charges)
Roughnecks GM
User avatar
Theros
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:28 pm

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Theros »

Perception: 1d100: [27] = 27
JIC: 1d20: [6] = 6
JIC: 1d100: [42] = 42
GM wrote:Theros can sense about 20 vampires beneath him and they appear to be moving.

Coming out of his meditation, he approaches his Atlantis allies. in a lowered ush to a whisper making sure the ones they were fighting can not over hear them "Ven, Bastion, Below us are 20 Undead, It doesn't really matter if we choose to get involved or not, when they get to the surface, they wont stop till the whole area is swarming, tracking us down. They need to be wiped. But the information gleamed thus far indicates a large group, meaning they are not wild Vampires, who are solo creatures, I am not detecting a Master in the area, No master means no high thinking abilities and these things are on Auto pilot. Now would absolutely be the best time to wipe them, and make crosses to wear around necks and help prevent them from moving toward the holder." Looking to the rest of the gathered group. "Oh, you can call me Ash, and thanks for the water blade."
Theros
Description
Outside of his armor's, appears to be a early teenager, despite his age. Dark red hair (Auburn) Light Blue/Grey eyes, sparse freckles on body, tall, athletic build. He has his marks of heritage on his wrists as do every True Atlantean, he wears leather bracers over them outside of his armor's. Tattoos are placed mainly on his torso, so not as visible if worn with regular clothing.
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 483
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC
Contact:

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by William Summers »

Perception: 1d100: [71] = 71 /51% (+15% regarding machines and/or magic)
JIC: 1d20: [1] = 1 / 1d100: [19] = 19
Conditions
  • SDC: 48/62
  • HP: 73/73
  • ISP: 31/31
  • Personal PPE: 181/196
  • Energy Sphere: 423/800. 30/32 days
  • PPE Talisman: 50/50
Cosmic Armor:
  • MDC: 124/400
  • Duration: 143:15/160:00 minutes
  • The character can breathe for as long as the spell is in place.
  • Enjoys a constant comfortable internal temperature and is protected from cold, radiation and extreme blasts of heat.
  • Cosmic Armor can hover, and flies at a speed of Mach One.
  • Armor has 50 M.D.C. per level of experience! (400 MDC)
  • Magic and M.D. cold and heat/fire/plasma attacks do half damage to the Cosmic Armor.
  • Spells may be cast and psionic powers used while wearing Cosmic Armor, and additional magic may be combined with it, such as other methods of flight, communications, etc.
  • Reduce flying speed by half in an atmosphere.
  • The armored protection also restricts movement a bit, and inflicts a penalty of -5% to all Physical skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing, and similar, and -10% to Palming, Pick Pocket, Prowl, Safe-Cracking, Seduction and most Medical and highly technical skills that require a delicate touch.
Mage Armor:
  • Helm: 50
  • Arms: 25 each
  • Legs: 45 each
  • Main Body: 90
Globe of Daylight:
  • Duration: 2:15/24:00 minutes
  • Range: Up to 30 feet away.
  • Diameter: 96 feet.
  • Speed: 12
Will reacts to the scream from inside the farmhouse and hollers out "Roughnecks! Compound, now!" Whether or not the vamps are moving, it's daytime. How were they planning on doing a damn thing?

With most of his spells having elapsed, Will makes his way to the compound. He breaks down a door if need be to enter. Letting his Globe of Daylight lead the way, he searches around for the source of the scream.

If he finds the source, he checks to see if they are in immediate danger. If so, he begins casting empowering spells before engaging the enemy.

Initiative: 1d20+10: [20]+10 = 30 (CRIT)
APM: 8+2 Fighting Spirit=10 (9 if magic blasts all round)

Action 1: Activate Time Slip (-8 PPE).
TSA 1-2: Cast Fleet Feet (-10 PPE).
TSA 3-4: Cast Fighting Spirit (-10 PPE).

Action 2: Cast Superhuman Speed (-5 PPE).
Action 3: Cast Superhuman Agility (-8 PPE).
Action 4: Cast Lightblade (-10 PPE).
Action 5a: Slash Enemy with Lightblade. Strike: 1d20+21: [11]+21 = 32 Damage: 1d4*10+8: [4]*10+8 = 48
Action 5b: Slash Enemy with Lightblade. Strike: 1d20+21: [14]+21 = 35 Damage: 1d4*10+8: [3]*10+8 = 38
Action 6a: Slash Enemy with Lightblade. Strike: 1d20+21: [7]+21 = 28 Damage: 1d4*10+8: [2]*10+8 = 28
Action 6b: Slash Enemy with Lightblade. Strike: 1d20+21: [17]+21 = 38 Damage: 1d4*10+8: [1]*10+8 = 18
Action 7a: Slash Enemy with Lightblade. Strike: 1d20+21: [3]+21 = 24 Damage: 1d4*10+8: [3]*10+8 = 38
Action 7b: Slash Enemy with Lightblade. Strike: 1d20+21: [17]+21 = 38 Damage: 1d4*10+8: [3]*10+8 = 38
Action 8a: Slash Enemy with Lightblade. Strike: 1d20+21: [9]+21 = 30 Damage: 1d4*10+8: [2]*10+8 = 28
Action 8b: Slash Enemy with Lightblade. Strike: 1d20+21: [9]+21 = 30 Damage: 1d4*10+8: [4]*10+8 = 48
Action 9a: Slash Enemy with Lightblade. Strike: 1d20+21: [11]+21 = 32 Damage: 1d4*10+8: [3]*10+8 = 38
Action 9b: Slash Enemy with Lightblade. Strike: 1d20+21: [7]+21 = 28 Damage: 1d4*10+8: [1]*10+8 = 18
Action 10a: Slash Enemy with Lightblade. Strike: 1d20+21: [19]+21 = 40 (CRIT) Damage: 1d4*10+8: [4]*10+8 = 48 x2=96 MD
Action 10b: Slash Enemy with Lightblade. Strike: 1d20+21: [10]+21 = 31 Damage: 1d4*10+8: [1]*10+8 = 18


1d20+22: [16]+22 = 38 1d20+22: [14]+22 = 36 1d20+22: [5]+22 = 27 1d20+22: [10]+22 = 32 1d20+22: [8]+22 = 30 1d20+22: [16]+22 = 38 1d20+22: [13]+22 = 35 1d20+22: [9]+22 = 31 1d20+22: [16]+22 = 38 1d20+22: [9]+22 = 31 1d20+22: [19]+22 = 41 1d20+22: [6]+22 = 28 1d20+22: [12]+22 = 34 1d20+22: [20]+22 = 42 1d20+22: [10]+22 = 32 1d20+22: [12]+22 = 34 1d20+22: [7]+22 = 29 1d20+22: [4]+22 = 26 1d20+22: [9]+22 = 31 1d20+22: [2]+22 = 24

1d20+5: [17]+5 = 22 1d20+5: [2]+5 = 7 1d20+5: [5]+5 = 10 1d20+5: [2]+5 = 7 1d20+5: [4]+5 = 9 1d20+5: [7]+5 = 12 1d20+5: [12]+5 = 17 1d20+5: [15]+5 = 20 1d20+5: [16]+5 = 21 1d20+5: [1]+5 = 6 1d20+5: [7]+5 = 12 1d20+5: [15]+5 = 20 1d20+5: [7]+5 = 12 1d20+5: [4]+5 = 9 1d20+5: [11]+5 = 16 1d20+5: [12]+5 = 17 1d20+5: [18]+5 = 23 1d20+5: [8]+5 = 13 1d20+5: [9]+5 = 14


If they are not in immediate danger, Will quickly checks the room to be certain and then assesses the situation. If they are injured, he will hand them off to Ven and say "Get them to town and come back." If they are otherwise fine, he will say "We heard the scream. Who are you and what's happening here? Are you aware of the vampires below this very building?"
The Man in Black
Ledger
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 186
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Wolf Whitaker »

Perception: 1d100: [42] = 42 /65%
JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2 ; 1d100: [99] = 99


Paranoia Thought Text

Active Effects:
  • HF: 12
  • (Opponents must roll to save vs horror factor whenever the Gunslinger makes a serious threat (stop or else ... ) and again if and when he first draws his weapon on a character. Likewise, those who attack a Gunslinger must roll to save vs Horror Factor whenever facing the Gunslinger in a one-on-one showdown, duel, or shootout, and whenever an opponent makes his first move to attack the Gunslinger, even if the gunslinger isn't aware the character plans to attack.)
  • See Invisible
  • Night vision 60’
  • Integrated Sensor Pod - NE Armor
    • 360° scanning capability
    • Allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise
  • Optics Enhancements
    • Passive Night Vision: 3,000'
    • Telescopic Vision (up to 20x Magnification): 1 mile
    • Macro-Lens (6x Magnification)
    • Thermo-Imager: 2,000'

Wolf frowns at the tank. As he is puzzling over what to do he spots the Big Bore pistol sitting among the collected gear. He looks at Nathan. "I know its not your usual weapon but I have wood stake rounds for the pistol in my bag. I have other means of dealing with Vampires. You should take the pistol and my rounds for it. If we end up underground I don't know if your PA will fit...."

Cut off by the scream, Wolf wheels around NE-6SLs in hand and covering the doorway faster then the eye could follow. Over his shoulder Wolf calls to Nathan, "Nathan cover the tank. If they come out either secure them or kill them. I'm not picky. Keep our back covered." Good reaction time...still over a second. I have to move faster...You sound like a crazy person...That's rich coming from the voice in my head that I talk to constantly...Ya. Why do you talk to me?...Not sure. I don't even know why you're here...Oh I know. It's to keep you alive. Speaking of which why did you have the new comer cover our rear. You know he's just waiting to shoot you in the back...If he does it wont be with enough oomph to kill us. Then I'll kill him. Until then I need someone to cover the tank so it doesn't shoot us in the back...I guess that's ok. But I still think you should have shot him when he got out of his suit.

Wolf flanks the doorway with Will as Will calls for the Roughnecks to secure the compound. Wolf lets Will lead with the talking. Wolf moves fluidly to the building. It's obvious how deadly he is. Wolf will support Will with ranged fire should a fight break out.

If no fight breaks out Wolf will watch the responses from who ever Will and Wolf find.
Combat Contingency
APM: 10
Init: 1d20+26: [6]+26 = 32

Consumable Expenditures:

Action 1: Dual Pistol Shot; Right Strike: 1d20+5: [11]+5 = 16 ; Damage: 1d4*10: [1]*10 = 10 ; Left Strike: 1d20+5: [6]+5 = 11 ; Damage: 1d4*10: [3]*10 = 30
Action 2: Dual Pistol Shot; Right Strike: 1d20+5: [2]+5 = 7 ; Damage: 1d4*10: [2]*10 = 20 ; Left Strike: 1d20+5: [6]+5 = 11 ; Damage: 1d4*10: [2]*10 = 20
Action 3: Dual Pistol Shot; Right Strike: 1d20+5: [11]+5 = 16 ; Damage: 1d4*10: [3]*10 = 30 ; Left Strike: 1d20+5: [9]+5 = 14 ; Damage: 1d4*10: [1]*10 = 10
Action 4: Dual Pistol Shot; Right Strike: 1d20+5: [2]+5 = 7 ; Damage: 1d4*10: [2]*10 = 20 ; Left Strike: 1d20+5: [3]+5 = 8 ; Damage: 1d4*10: [2]*10 = 20
Action 5: Dual Pistol Shot; Right Strike: 1d20+5: [2]+5 = 7 ; Damage: 1d4*10: [3]*10 = 30 ; Left Strike: 1d20+5: [10]+5 = 15 ; Damage: 1d4*10: [4]*10 = 40
Action 6: Dual Pistol Shot; Right Strike: 1d20+5: [15]+5 = 20 ; Damage: 1d4*10: [2]*10 = 20 ; Left Strike: 1d20+5: [6]+5 = 11 ; Damage: 1d4*10: [4]*10 = 40
Action 7: Reload Right Pistol: Speedloader
Action 8: Reload Left Pistol: Speedloader
Action 9: Dual Pistol Shot; Right Strike: 1d20+5: [11]+5 = 16 ; Damage: 1d4*10: [3]*10 = 30 ; Left Strike: 1d20+5: [15]+5 = 20 ; Damage: 1d4*10: [2]*10 = 20
Action 10: Dual Pistol Shot; Right Strike: 1d20+5: [2]+5 = 7 ; Damage: 1d4*10: [2]*10 = 20 ; Left Strike: 1d20+5: [20]+5 = 25 ; Damage: 1d4*10: [2]*10 = 20

Auto-Dodge: 1d20+13: [11]+13 = 24 ; 1d20+13: [5]+13 = 18 ; 1d20+13: [8]+13 = 21 ; 1d20+13: [6]+13 = 19 ; 1d20+13: [7]+13 = 20 ; 1d20+13: [11]+13 = 24 ; 1d20+13: [6]+13 = 19 ; 1d20+13: [1]+13 = 14 ; 1d20+13: [4]+13 = 17 ; 1d20+13: [7]+13 = 20
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 12
Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6
Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
NE-F50: 160/160

Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Nathan Cooper
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:04 pm

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Nathan Cooper »

Perception: 21% / 1d100: [89] = 89
JIC: 1d20: [8] = 8 1d100: [2] = 2
Nathan catches the big revolver and turns it over in his hands. He flicks his wrist to the size, opening up the cylinder to the check the number of rounds. He clicks it back into place and the tucks it into another holster. "Thanks." Nathan flinches at the scream, almost feeling embarrassed seeing Wolf already ready for battle and covering angles. Damn. That son of a bitch is fast.

At Wolf's command, Nathan bolts towards his suit and hops inside. His heart is pounding as the whirs and clicks that signal that his suit is locking around him sound. He always hated suiting up in the field. In those few seconds of immobilization, anything can happen. The screens flicker on around him and using the suit's arms, he pulls back the hammer mechanism on his railgun, loading a massive round into the chamber. Just then he receives some radio chatter from Theros."Copy that, Theros."

Nathan flips the switch on the intercom.

"Wolf. I'm sure you already imagined it, but Theros says there are some blood suckers moving around."
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 402
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia
Contact:

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Jack Killian »

Perception: 79% 1d100 1d100: [70] = 70

JIC d20: 1d20 1d20: [19] = 19

JIC: 1d100 1d100: [70] = 70

Init: 1d20+5 1d20+5: [8]+5 = 13

CONDITIONS:
OOC Comments
Wearing NG-EX10 Gladius Light Exo-Skeleton Battle Armor -160MDC

Sense the Presence of Spirits Amulet

Enhanced Perception (10 I.S.P., Rifter 25; +15% to Perception, +1 to strike, +2 to parry and dodge, and a +10% to any skill that relies on any of the basic senses)

Activate Invincible 200 MD

Suppress Fear

Flame Burst (Self): 8 ISP for MD Flame Burst (Self):MD 78 MD renews 3d6/melee

Resist Magic (ISP 15)


Telekinetic Force (10/50) Rifter 25 640’ I minute per level of experience.
Hydrokinesis (Varies)

Sense Water.

Hurl water 20’ 5 ISP
Jack stops heating up the tank. He Speaks to William, “I’ll take one of those flares with the group of wooden stakes and the small barrels of water, I should be pretty good.”

Jack goes over to the Pile of weapons and Claims some Item, “I’ll take the slaver net Gun.”
Will reacts to the scream from inside the farmhouse and hollers out "Roughnecks! Compound, now!"
Jack moves toward William and states, “Here Boss, don’t like going down there but, I’m here.”
Dice rolls
1d100: [91] = 91
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 42/ 42 MD
S.D.C.: 90/ 90

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.

CN-1 Net

Skorblade Short Sword
Damage: 1D8 M.D.
Weight: 3 lbs.
Features: excellent balance and craftsmanship
Modifiers: +1 to strike and parry
Book Reference: p.152, MercOps

TW "Dragonfire" Flamethrower
Range: 100'
Damage: single Shot: 1D6x10 M.D.
Spray: 1D6x10 M.D. to all targets in a 100' long & 10' wide arc (3 APM)
Rate of Fire: single shots & sprays only
Payload: 5 blasts per P.P.E. clip
Weight: 8 lbs.



Sense the Presence of Spirits Amulet

The amulet changes color whenever an entity is within 100'

Image
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 367
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by John Altfeld »

Perception: 1d100: [53] = 53 / 76%
JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19 / 1d100: [10] = 10

CONDITIONS: John is at +35 feet, Pebbles, See Invisible, Radar, Immune to Possession, can't be touched by undead, can't be mind controlled by vampires, etc.

MDC: -370 (542 remaining at current size/status) APS MDC currently intact (starts going down at 408), Assorted Healing Factors Total 8 MDC per Hour (1 per 7.5 minutes).

John continues retrieving equipment and tamales until it's done. Not going after vampires without anti-vampire equipment for everyone...
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 108/108
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290
Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 900'
• See the invisible
User avatar
Venenifer
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:09 am

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Venenifer »

Perception: 1d100: [28] = 28 /45%
JiC: 1d100: [48] = 48 / 1d20: [18] = 18

Conditions:
Natural Dragon: 11; with Frills extended: 13
| Nightvision (200ft) | See Invisible (at will, active) | Res to Fire/Cold (MD/Magic Fire/Plasma/Cold do 1/2) | Immune to paralysis | Bio-regen 1d4*10/m | Sense Ley Lines, Nexuses, Dragons within 20miles || Mind Block Auto [Actively turned on | Extended Presence Sense [80ft, 8 minutes] | Sixth Sense | Mind's Eye [300ft | 8min]

PPE: 90/136 left after this post
ISP: 108/152 left after this post

Skills:
Mind's Eye
Mind's Eye is a sensory power that instills the psychic with radar-like vision. This psionic radar allows the character to see the shape of everything around him. Even people or items concealed through magic (except Invisibility: Superior) can be seen with this radar vision. A psychic using this power suffers no penalties when blinded or in complete darkness. The psychic can sense and interpret the shape, distance, direction, speed, and location of everything around in all directions at an accuracy with several bonuses.
: 1d100: [76] = 76 /86%
Trust: 1d100: [97] = 97 /65% (Whomever is inside)
Charm: 1d100: [78] = 78 /107% (Whomever is inside)
Lore, Demons and Monsters: 1d100: [65] = 65 /50% (Vampire lairs?!)

Post:

Ven offers a half smile as the Rulian switches languages seamlessly to communicate more effective and their request to stay with her. She bows her head in acceptance slightly. "As you wish. These with me are freelance mercenary and I am sure they would offer you coin and reward for your services others took for their own. If the idea was a welcomed one." Ven offers the Rulian. Ven will take a moment to acquire clothing from the dead that are not too tattered or bloodied and give them to the human slavestock. She'll also keep the Laser Wrist Blaster and fashion it on her right wrist.

Ven's attention is drawn to Theros as he points out the vampires and she snaps her head to Will when she hears the scream inside the compound. "We must ensure the safety of these as well." Ven states matter-of-factly to the magi. Ven ushers the trio to follow closely but out of sight.

As Wolf orders Nathan to remain on-guard for the tank, Ven glances with a smile. "Depending on how fast we move, I can keep that hatch magically sealed for eight minutes as well." Ven offers and will cast Seal on the Hatch [8min] if requested.

Ven looks to Wolf as an executioner with a smile of a dragon. "You are a proficient killer; do me a favor and help protect these three. They are my charge now, and since I have joined you, they are your charge." Ven states again in a very matter-of-factly but smooth talking voice, like a woman who gets what she wants.

Once inside, Ven opens her dragonic mind's eye, the predator's sight that sees more than the eyes. She also refreshes her ability to sense supernatural presences and opens her vision to see the invisible [at will]. If they encounter anyone, she will also activate her ability to see the true aura of her prey. [See Aura]

If there are injured and Will commands her to leave with them, the dragoness nearly scoffs. "I'd sooner try healing them. Besides, might be easier to hole them up in a room here and seal the doors magically while we clear out the vampires." Ven says nonchalantly and will try to Healing Touch [2d4 HP or 2d6 SDC] on any injured to stabilize them. Rana would've loved hunting through a vampires nest. The dragoness muses.

If there are not, Ven narrows her eyes at whomever they find. Bait, or Predator in disguise? She thinks, maintaining a thin smile as Will asks his questions before following. "One at a time, dear William." She jests, turning to whomever and adding. "What are you doing here?" She asks.
Venenifer, the Royal Frilled Dragon

Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead
╭∩╮(=^ェ^=)╭∩╮
User avatar
Armstrong
Game Master
Posts: 208
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:34 am

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Armstrong »

Day 3.
Time: 10:50 am
Temperature: 50 degrees with 10% Humidity.
Weather: Sky is clear and blue with no clouds in site. The sun looks like it will remain out and bright, there are no clouds to block it.


Swapping some equipment between them, John rushes off at speed to collect the anti-vampire weapons.

Ven takes the three former slaves under her wing. They look appreciative, but also a little nervous. Ven asks Wolf to take care of them now they are both in the same squad. Taking a moment to cover your rear, the tank is sealed up for now and the crew trapped within.

The rest of the team rush into the house as they react to the scream. Bursting through the doors, the screaming isn't in the foyer, but further inside.
The building itself is quite plush and not entirely keeping with the aesthetic outside.
996260b7-7346-4006-86d0-1aca68b540d0-mansions-for-sale-with-massive-secrets-rio-inspired-home-interior.jpg
"Get down there," the team hears, followed by multiple thuds. Moving through the house, they go through the foyer and the lounge into a corridor, where three people are stood at the top of a hatch in the floor. The man, dressed in a butler suit, turns as the team rush into the corridor, pointing the pistol he is holding at them. Two women are cowering in front of him, as he has hold of one of them by the arm, trying to pull her towards a doorway.
stairway.png
Will enters a timeslip and as he returns to normal time, Wolf plugs the guy with two shots.

Moving to assist, the women hysterically grab hold of Theros and Will, sobbing on their shoulders.

"They.... they were trying to send us down there..." one pauses, looking at the stairway down "with them!"

"We couldn't leave, we didn't have control. They keep taking people down there." the other blurts out, as she clings to Theros.

From down the stairs, screaming can be heard and a foot can be seen disappearing round the corner. Theros can feel the vampires down there, in two different groups. Most of them are to the turning on the left, but there are a few on the right.


John rushes all the way out to the APC at speed, collecting the equipment and carries onto the town. He surprises the townsfolk as he arrives.
996260b7-7346-4006-86d0-1aca68b540d0-mansions-for-sale-with-massive-secrets-rio-inspired-home-interior.jpg
Roughnecks GM
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 186
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Wolf Whitaker »

Perception: 1d100: [47] = 47 /65%
JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 ; 1d100: [86] = 86


Paranoia Thought Text

Active Effects:
  • HF: 12
  • (Opponents must roll to save vs horror factor whenever the Gunslinger makes a serious threat (stop or else ... ) and again if and when he first draws his weapon on a character. Likewise, those who attack a Gunslinger must roll to save vs Horror Factor whenever facing the Gunslinger in a one-on-one showdown, duel, or shootout, and whenever an opponent makes his first move to attack the Gunslinger, even if the gunslinger isn't aware the character plans to attack.)
  • See Invisible
  • Night vision 60’
  • Integrated Sensor Pod - NE Armor
    • 360° scanning capability
    • Allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise
  • Optics Enhancements
    • Passive Night Vision: 3,000'
    • Telescopic Vision (up to 20x Magnification): 1 mile
    • Macro-Lens (6x Magnification)
    • Thermo-Imager: 2,000'

Wolf secures the weapon from the dead butler. Moving to the door way Wolf narrows his eyes as he sees the foot disappear around the corner at the bottom of the stairs. Wolf quickly drops his right hand weapon and draws his Equalizer. Wolf fires one round down the stairs. Wolf angles the shot to ricochet around the corner into the approximate height of a human chest. Wolf is aiming to hit how ever is dragging the person down the passage. (OCC Ability: Ricochet shot! The shooter can bounce bullets, arrows, slings, and other fired projectiles off of one surface and angle the shot in such a way that the projectile ricochets bounces off and hits a different/second target! Inflicts only one point of damage to the first surface and full damage to the second.)

Init for the shot: 1d20+26: [8]+26 = 34
Equalizer strike: 1d20+6: [18]+6 = 24 ; Damage 5d6: [6, 1, 1, 1, 4] = 13 + Knockdown

Trap...Oh definitely. I don't like this at all. Lets see what happens with the shot. It might let the person escape up to us. . Or it might cause them to charge...They are likely trying to goad you down the stairs to kill you. Playing on human sympathy for the weak and helpless...Hehehe. Like we still have those feelings. John is not back yet. We need to wait for everyone and go down as a united force...I have nothing to add to that. Just don't be the first one down. The lead guy is always the first to die. followed by the rear guard...We need to stop watching so many movies.

Wolf holsters his NE weapons and draws one Thundergun to cover the passage down with his Equalizer and Thundergun. He keeps an eye out to see if the foot he saw disapear around the corner makes its way back up. If after a few moments nothing happens and there is not person fleeing back up the stairs Wolf will assume he missed or the person is not in need of rescue. Wolf will begin securing the passage with his weapons.

Wolf takes his eyes off the passage for a moment, letting his armor's scanning pod take over keeping watch as he addresses the others. "Theros. You said you can feel them down there when we were out in the courtyard. Can you give us more accurate information? Are they down at the bottom of the stairs? I saw someone get dragged around a corner. That being said we need to remain here till John gets back with the remainder of our gear. No sense in playing the game on their terms." Wolf looks at Will and grins behind his helmet, "You always getting the girls to fall all over you. Must be that eye you've got. You want to see if they have seen our target? I'll keep an eye on the passage. Make sure nothing comes up while we are collecting ourselves." Wolf turns back to the passage and takes up a position to cover it.

Wolf will not waste time on instructions, introductions, or pleasantries. Unless Wolf id's the girl they are there to save, he will shoot anything trying to get up to him from the base of the stairs. Equalizer shot to knock it back down the stairs and Thundergun in case it's not among the living.
Combat Contingencies
APM: 10
Init: 1d20+26: [10]+26 = 36

Consumable Expenditures:
NE-6SL - 5/6 ; NE-6SL - 5/6

Equalizer shots have Knockdown: Knockdown Effect: Human-sized beings who are shot must roll a 20 sided die to maintain their footing. This balance roll must equal or surpass the attacker's natural roll to strike. A successful save vs knockdown means the character feels like he's been kicked, but remains standing and suffers no penalties, except he loses initiative if he had it. A failed roll means the victim is knocked off his feet, and falls back onto the ground (1D4 feet), loses initiative (if he had it) and loses one melee attack/action! Even characters in M.D.C. body armor will be knocked down

Action 1: Dual Pistol Shot; Right Equalizer Strike: 1d20+6: [16]+6 = 22 ; Damage: 5d6: [1, 3, 4, 3, 4] = 15 ; Left Thundergun Strike: 1d20+5: [16]+5 = 21 ; Damage: 1d6*10: [3]*10 = 30
Action 2: Dual Pistol Shot; Right Equalizer Strike: 1d20+6: [14]+6 = 20 ; Damage: 5d6: [2, 4, 1, 1, 1] = 9 ; Left Thundergun Strike: 1d20+5: [1]+5 = 6 ; Damage: 1d6*10: [2]*10 = 20
Action 3: Dual Pistol Shot; Right Equalizer Strike: 1d20+6: [13]+6 = 19 ; Damage: 5d6: [5, 5, 3, 1, 4] = 18 ; Left Thundergun Strike: 1d20+5: [1]+5 = 6 ; Damage: 1d6*10: [2]*10 = 20
Action 4: Dual Pistol Shot; Right Equalizer Strike: 1d20+6: [10]+6 = 16 ; Damage: 5d6: [1, 1, 2, 5, 1] = 10 ; Left Thundergun Strike: 1d20+5: [20]+5 = 25 ; Damage: 1d6*10: [3]*10 = 30
Action 5: Dual Pistol Shot; Right Equalizer Strike: 1d20+6: [13]+6 = 19 ; Damage: 5d6: [1, 4, 4, 1, 6] = 16 ; Left Thundergun Strike: 1d20+5: [14]+5 = 19 ; Damage: 1d6*10: [1]*10 = 10
Action 6: Dual Pistol Shot; Right Equalizer Strike: 1d20+6: [15]+6 = 21 ; Damage: 5d6: [4, 1, 4, 2, 3] = 14 ; Left Thundergun Strike: 1d20+5: [10]+5 = 15 ; Damage: 1d6*10: [5]*10 = 50
Action 7: Reload Right Pistol: Speedloader
Action 8: Reload Left Pistol: Speedloader
Action 9: Dual Pistol Shot; Right Equalizer Strike: 1d20+6: [8]+6 = 14 ; Damage: 5d6: [5, 3, 3, 2, 6] = 19 ; Left Thundergun Strike: 1d20+5: [11]+5 = 16 ; Damage: 1d6*10: [2]*10 = 20
Action 10: Dual Pistol Shot; Right Equalizer Strike: 1d20+6: [5]+6 = 11 ; Damage: 5d6: [6, 6, 3, 2, 1] = 18 ; Left Thundergun Strike: 1d20+5: [11]+5 = 16 ; Damage: 1d6*10: [5]*10 = 50

Auto-Dodge: 1d20+13: [7]+13 = 20 ; 1d20+13: [18]+13 = 31 ; 1d20+13: [3]+13 = 16 ; 1d20+13: [12]+13 = 25 ; 1d20+13: [3]+13 = 16 ; 1d20+13: [14]+13 = 27 ; 1d20+13: [10]+13 = 23 ; 1d20+13: [2]+13 = 15 ; 1d20+13: [8]+13 = 21 ; 1d20+13: [6]+13 = 19
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 12
Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6
Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
NE-F50: 160/160

Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Theros
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:28 pm

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Theros »

Perception 1d100: [36] = 36
JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17
JIC: 1d100: [37] = 37
Wolf Whitaker wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 11:48 am "Theros. You said you can feel them down there when we were out in the courtyard. Can you give us more accurate information? Are they down at the bottom of the stairs? I saw someone get dragged around a corner. That being said we need to remain here till John gets back with the remainder of our gear. No sense in playing the game on their terms." Wolf looks at Will and grins behind his helmet, "You always getting the girls to fall all over you. Must be that eye you've got. You want to see if they have seen our target? I'll keep an eye on the passage. Make sure nothing comes up while we are collecting ourselves." Wolf turns back to the passage and takes up a position to cover it.
Pulling himself away from the hysterical women, and pointing them towards some buildings to take cover in, he starts to follow the group, then wolf starts talking to him. "I can feel them down the stairs, most of them are to the turning on the left, but there are a few on the right."

Water blade in hand and maul in the other, he carefully proceeds to follow wolf again, letting his sense lead him to his purpose of decimating's these undead other worldly alien leeches.
Last edited by Theros on Mon May 09, 2022 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Theros
Description
Outside of his armor's, appears to be a early teenager, despite his age. Dark red hair (Auburn) Light Blue/Grey eyes, sparse freckles on body, tall, athletic build. He has his marks of heritage on his wrists as do every True Atlantean, he wears leather bracers over them outside of his armor's. Tattoos are placed mainly on his torso, so not as visible if worn with regular clothing.
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 186
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Wolf Whitaker »

**Rolls Held Over**
Theros wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 12:21 pm
Pulling himself away from the hysterical women, and pointing them towards some buildings to take cover in, he starts to follow the group, then wolf starts talking to him. "I can feel them down the stairs, most of them are to the turning on the left, but there are a few on the right."

Water blade in hand and maul in the other, he carefully proceeds, letting his sense lead him to his purpose of decimating's these undead other worldly alien leeches.
Wolf's voice is ice cold as he faces Theros and steps in front of him to keep him from descending the stairs. While not as tall as Theros, Wolf gives off a deadly air. Wolf's words cut through the sobbs of the women, "HOLD. (HF:12 Gunslinger ability: Theros) If you go down there now you go without support. Keep your senses up, but you will not go down there yet. John has not returned. We will wait for him. Do NOT endanger the success of this mission." Theros can feel the peircing gaze of Wolf from behind his helmet. It's the kind a predator has when it's assessing prey. Theros also gets the impression Wolf would not lift a finger to help if he continues down the stairs.

You should let him die. One less person to try and kill you...No. He can sense the enemy. He is useful, for now...Just make sure he stays that way...I will. Or he will die.
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 12
Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6
Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
NE-F50: 160/160

Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 483
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC
Contact:

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by William Summers »

Perception: 1d100: [71] = 71 /51% (+15% regarding machines and/or magic)
JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19 / 1d100: [65] = 65
Conditions
  • SDC: 48/62
  • HP: 73/73
  • ISP: 31/31
  • Personal PPE: 181/196
  • Energy Sphere: 395/800. 30/32 days
  • PPE Talisman: 50/50
Cosmic Armor:
  • MDC: 124/400
  • Duration: 138:00/160:00 minutes
  • The character can breathe for as long as the spell is in place.
  • Enjoys a constant comfortable internal temperature and is protected from cold, radiation and extreme blasts of heat.
  • Cosmic Armor can hover, and flies at a speed of Mach One.
  • Armor has 50 M.D.C. per level of experience! (400 MDC)
  • Magic and M.D. cold and heat/fire/plasma attacks do half damage to the Cosmic Armor.
  • Spells may be cast and psionic powers used while wearing Cosmic Armor, and additional magic may be combined with it, such as other methods of flight, communications, etc.
  • Reduce flying speed by half in an atmosphere.
  • The armored protection also restricts movement a bit, and inflicts a penalty of -5% to all Physical skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing, and similar, and -10% to Palming, Pick Pocket, Prowl, Safe-Cracking, Seduction and most Medical and highly technical skills that require a delicate touch.
Mage Armor:
  • Helm: 50
  • Arms: 25 each
  • Legs: 45 each
  • Main Body: 90
Fighting Spirit:
  • Duration: 68:00/8:00 minutes
  • +2 attacks/actions per melee round
  • +1 on initiative
  • +1 to strike with guns
  • +3 to strike in melee combat
  • +2 to disarm, parry and dodge
  • +4 to pull punch
  • +2 to roll with impact
  • +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear
  • +2 to save vs possession
  • Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20, karate kick (1D8 S.D.C.), jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw.
  • While the spell is in effect, the caster moves with an agility, confidence and skill (normally) beyond his own natural abilities.

Fleet Feet:
  • Duration: 8:00/8:00 minutes
  • Double attacks/actions per melee round
  • +1 on initiative (PP Bonus and spell penalty)
  • +6 to strike, parry and dodge (PP Bonus)
  • Cannot see surprise attacks.
  • -20% to delicate skills
  • Does not affect spellcasting or psionic abilities. These take twice as many actions.
Will enters his Time Slip and prepares for immediate combat. Casting spells on himself that alter his physical prowess, he is surprised when he comes back to that Wolf shoots the man dead before he can even react. The two women grabbing ahold of him similarly throw him off guard. Speaking faster than normal due to the combination of spells he's affected by, Will says "Dontworrymaamwereheretotakecareoftheproblem. Getyourselftothevillageasquicklyaspossibleanddontlookback. Butfirsthaveyouseenthisgirl?" Will shows them the picture of Alejandra Cierva.

Will radios John and says "PebblesitstheWanderer. Doyouhavethegear? Wevefoundsomehostagesandneedtomovequick."
The Man in Black
Ledger
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 367
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by John Altfeld »

Perception: 1d100: [4] = 4 / 76%
JIC: 1d100: [75] = 75 / 1d20: [14] = 14

CONDITIONS: John is at +35 feet, Pebbles, See Invisible, Radar, Immune to Possession, can't be touched by undead, can't be mind controlled by vampires, etc.

MDC: -367 (545 remaining at current size/status) APS MDC currently intact (starts going down at 408), Assorted Healing Factors Total 8 MDC per Hour (1 per 7.5 minutes).

John pulls out his helmet and holds it up to his ear as Will talks. Guess that's a no on the tamales, horse and collapsing the tunnel right now.

He instead goes back to the ranch at top speed.

OOC - Top speed is 360 MPH, so should shave a few seconds off return time.
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 108/108
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290
Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 900'
• See the invisible
User avatar
Theros
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:28 pm

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Theros »

:::Rolls held:::
Wolf Whitaker wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 1:56 pm Wolf's voice is ice cold as he faces Theros and steps in front of him to keep him from descending the stairs. While not as tall as Theros, Wolf gives off a deadly air. Wolf's words cut through the sobbs of the women, "HOLD. (HF:12 Gunslinger ability: Theros) If you go down there now you go without support. Keep your senses up, but you will not go down there yet. John has not returned. We will wait for him. Do NOT endanger the success of this mission." Theros can feel the peircing gaze of Wolf from behind his helmet. It's the kind a predator has when it's assessing prey. Theros also gets the impression Wolf would not lift a finger to help if he continues down the stairs.
"We aren't proceeding? If there is a plan, please fill me in, I was in meditations replenishing my energies so I am unaware of any, I thought you and the others had one, which is the reason I was following your lead. I do not know these names you speak of as of yet, is this John the person who tossed me this splendid blade?" Gesturing to the water blade will gave him.
Theros
Description
Outside of his armor's, appears to be a early teenager, despite his age. Dark red hair (Auburn) Light Blue/Grey eyes, sparse freckles on body, tall, athletic build. He has his marks of heritage on his wrists as do every True Atlantean, he wears leather bracers over them outside of his armor's. Tattoos are placed mainly on his torso, so not as visible if worn with regular clothing.
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 186
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Wolf Whitaker »

**Rolls Held Over**

Paranoia Thought Text

Active Effects:
  • HF: 12
  • (Opponents must roll to save vs horror factor whenever the Gunslinger makes a serious threat (stop or else ... ) and again if and when he first draws his weapon on a character. Likewise, those who attack a Gunslinger must roll to save vs Horror Factor whenever facing the Gunslinger in a one-on-one showdown, duel, or shootout, and whenever an opponent makes his first move to attack the Gunslinger, even if the gunslinger isn't aware the character plans to attack.)
  • See Invisible
  • Night vision 60’
  • Integrated Sensor Pod - NE Armor
    • 360° scanning capability
    • Allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise
  • Optics Enhancements
    • Passive Night Vision: 3,000'
    • Telescopic Vision (up to 20x Magnification): 1 mile
    • Macro-Lens (6x Magnification)
    • Thermo-Imager: 2,000'
Theros wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 5:56 pm "We aren't proceeding? If there is a plan, please fill me in, I was in meditations replenishing my energies so I am unaware of any, I thought you and the others had one, which is the reason I was following your lead. I do not know these names you speak of as of yet, is this John the person who tossed me this splendid blade?" Gesturing to the water blade will gave him.
Wolf narrows his eyes at Theros, but they are hidden from view by his helmet. "I'm not in a habit of repeating myself. But as I stated just a moment ago when I asked you about the vampires you felt, We are going to wait for John to return with the rest of our anti-vampire gear. You may have seen John, he was the very large man who can also look like a giant pile of moving rocks. We wait for him to return so we can have the advantage over our enemy. Also Wanderer gave you that sword. He's over there under the women."

What an idiot. Who meditates before knowing the people you are about to fight with...I don't know. This guy is not all there...You should keep him in the front. Make him the meat shield...tempting. He might get there on his own. Seems eager.
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 12
Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6
Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
NE-F50: 160/160

Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 402
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia
Contact:

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Jack Killian »

Perception: 79% 1d100 1d100: [5] = 5

JIC d20: 1d20 1d20: [1] = 1

JIC: 1d100 1d100: [42] = 42

Init: 1d20+5 1d20+5: [16]+5 = 21

CONDITIONS:
OOC Comments
Wearing NG-EX10 Gladius Light Exo-Skeleton Battle Armor -160MDC

Sense the Presence of Spirits Amulet

Enhanced Perception (10 I.S.P., Rifter 25; +15% to Perception, +1 to strike, +2 to parry and dodge, and a +10% to any skill that relies on any of the basic senses)

Activate Invincible 200 MD

Suppress Fear

Flame Burst (Self): 8 ISP for MD Flame Burst (Self):MD 78 MD renews 3d6/melee

Resist Magic (ISP 15)


Telekinetic Force (10/50) Rifter 25 640’ I minute per level of experience.
Hydrokinesis (Varies)

Sense Water.

Hurl water 20’ 5 ISP
Jack is in the back not wanting to block any of the others from shooting he plans to use his kegs and watering hurling on anyone that comes in rage if needed.
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 42/ 42 MD
S.D.C.: 90/ 90

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.

CN-1 Net

Skorblade Short Sword
Damage: 1D8 M.D.
Weight: 3 lbs.
Features: excellent balance and craftsmanship
Modifiers: +1 to strike and parry
Book Reference: p.152, MercOps

TW "Dragonfire" Flamethrower
Range: 100'
Damage: single Shot: 1D6x10 M.D.
Spray: 1D6x10 M.D. to all targets in a 100' long & 10' wide arc (3 APM)
Rate of Fire: single shots & sprays only
Payload: 5 blasts per P.P.E. clip
Weight: 8 lbs.



Sense the Presence of Spirits Amulet

The amulet changes color whenever an entity is within 100'

Image
User avatar
Nathan Cooper
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:04 pm

Re: Up, Up and Away - A Good Bartender is hard to find!

Post by Nathan Cooper »

Perception: 15% / 1d100: [32] = 32
JIC: 1d20: [11] = 11 1d100: [12] = 12

Nathan plods on over to the entrance of the mansion as the others file inside. He brings the Super Samson down on one knee, cradling his railgun as he leans the suit to the right angle in order to look through the entrance. Nathan thumbs the suit's intercom and rubs the bridge of his nose.

"Well, folks, I don't think Delilah's getting inside without rearranging the decor. I don't mind going down there with y'all, but the old girl's gonna be staying up top, I'll wager."

Nathan switches off the intercom and relaxes his body a bit as he waits for the response from his companions.
Post Reply

Return to “Roughnecks Adventure Forum”