Conditions

• N-F50A Forcefield: 0/160 (OVERLOADED)
  • Main Body: 180/180
  • Helmet: 80/80 (-4 to strike)
  • Left Arm: 60/60
  • Right Arm: 20/60
  • Left Leg: 20/90
  • Right Leg: 90/90
  • Left UEL: 6/6 (-6 to strike, -10 when moving)
  • Right UEL: 6/6 (-6 to strike, -10 when moving)
155/390
  • Duration: 16:15/35:00 minutes
  • Damage: 8d6 MD

• Duration: 12:15/14:00 minutes
  • +1 APM
  • +3 on initiative
  • +1 to strike
  • +2 to parry and dodge
  • +2 to P.P.
  • +15% to Physical Skills
  • Duration: 14:00/14:00 minutes
  • Weight: 3000 lbs
  • Range: 400 feet
  • Bonus: +3 to strike, +4 to parry

Having introduced herself to Drake, Minerva lets the others crowd around the newcomer as she joins Jym with the downed people.
Twonjym wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:50 am"We need to help these two before we move on! Anybody got the skills to do so? Or are we gonna need to hustle them upstairs? If they need to go up, I can do it by myself. Y'all can hold the floor until I get back."
"Let me give it a try." Minerva lays her hands first on Commander Townsend ( 1d6*10: [1]*10 = 10 ) and then Sergeant Furgi ( 1d6*10: [6]*10 = 60 )
ISP: 15. Subject regains 1D6x10 S.D.C. or M.D.C., any non-magical diseases, infection and fractures (but not missing limbs) are cured. +30% vs Coma

If they come to, she'll nod her approval of her abilities. "Hasn't failed me yet." She joins the rest of the group. "Alright, are we ready to finish this thing? I, for one, cannot wait to be home with a bottle of Riesling. Quebecois, naturally. That Los Alamos shit is just a headache waiting to happen. Quantum, do you have your magic rock secured?"

Bad Rolls
1d6x10: [5] = 5
Grace Minerva
Ledger
  • I.S.P.: 390
  • H.P.: 109
  • S.D.C.: 177
  • M.D.C.: 286 (during Supernatural Transformation)
Sum of All Fears
Game Master

Re: Why is it so Dark in Here?

Post by Sum of All Fears »

Date: 7 June 111 PA
Time: 1445
Temp: 79 F

As the conversations continue, Minerva provides a healing touch to Townsend and Furgi. In moments they both begin moving. ”Ugh...That one of the worst hangovers I’ve ever had.” Townsend stands shakily before looking at Minerva, ”Thank you.” He looks over the assembled MARS personnel, noticing a new person, ”There seems to be an extra one of you.” Townsend extends Drake his hand, ”Commander Townsend. Head of security. Sorry you had to see me in such a state. It appears some of our people had a change of heart in where their allegiances lay.”
Furgi also stands, the anger flowing off of her is nearly a physical thing, ”Where is that traitorous bastard?” When someone tells Furgi where the body is Furgi storms up the stairs.

Townsend looks back at the others, ”Sorry about Furgi. She’s a little sensitive to these kinds of things. Unfortunately this is not my first time dealing with something like this. However thanks to you guys it will not be my last day. So I assume the floor has been secured? If so then we should get moving before the demons regroup. The next floor is what keeps the facility going. Its fairly open in most areas. But has lots of plumbing and other such things.”

MARS takes stock of the weapons used by the demons and turn coat KIT soldiers. The Gurgoyals were using large vibro-swords, like the ones Vera has, the Alu were using Wilk’s 457 Laser pulse rifles and the two mounted MGs are modified NE-700’s they have been changed to be strictly mounted weapons. The grips for use as an individual weapon have been removed.

As MARS is looking over their supplies and plotting their next move, Furgi rejoins the group. Her anger has not cooled, ”There is no body where you said you shot him. I can’t find Alistar.”

Bum...bum....buuummmmm...Now what?

Butcher Bill
Rocky= -144 ISP; -22 SDC; -38 HP; -3 Thundergun shots; (0 Minutes remaining on Psychic Body Field);
Vera=/ - 2 Shots Ion Blaster/-40 MB Armor/AOI Down
Sam= -2 shots from Shard Pistol/ - 2 E-Clip/ -18 Shots from current e-clip HI-80/-25 MD FF
Minerva= -81 ISP; FF (Depleted)/AOI Down/-40 MD Right Arm/-70 MD Left Leg
Twonjym= -3 shots from NG-P7 E-Clip;-7 shots from other E-clip; -4 Shot from other E-Clip/ Head armor destroyed;/ - 10 shots from Bloodrifle Blood Reservoir/-25 MD AOI
Poxx= -10 shots Wilk's 227
Tech FF= Regen 1 MD per minute four minutes pass. (Overloaded FF’s are disabled for 12 hours/Minerva/)
M.A.R.S. GM / Atlantis GM

"Any problem can be solved with the judicious application of high explosives."

Other Accounts: The Apothecary (AAPS/Spooks AGM); Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks PC); Keiko (H4H PC); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR PC); Hellhound (VR PC)
Vera Morozov
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Vera Morozov »

Perception: 1d100: [50] = 50 / 44%
JiC d100: 1d100: [15] = 15 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [9] = 9
Constant Effects
Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (+2 if religious or fearful of angels)
Language Translator: Auto-Translates languages at 98.7% accuracy, 70% accuracy for 3-6 speakers. Knows 10 most common languages.
Amplified Hearing: Can hear almost inaudible sounds up to 360 feet away; can track by sound as a skill at 50%.
Passive Nightvision: Nightvision using ambient light out to 2,000' (Range increased to 6,000' when used with telescopic sight)
Light Filters: Reduces glare.
Sound Filters: Diminishes potentially damaging sounds.
Lung with Gas Filter and Oxygen Storage: Can breathe w/out air for up to 2 hours; immune to toxic gases, 94% chance nerve and poison gas do nothing.
Beckett wrote:"Vera, were you able to see that demon? I saw some motion, but I'm not sure how or why. Can any tech see it?"
Vera, having taken the time to try and remove the heavy turret from it's placement, will inspect the weapon, frowning at the lack of grips, simply choosing to wrap thick cloth from the strips of armor of the fallen humans on the holds, or simply check over her scavenged Giant Vibro-Swords if not successful in her adjustments. While doing this, she takes a moment to think.
Invisible demons. A trick I have not seen in quite some time. Ah, if only I had done more dedicated study on them rather than simply rely on my computer.
She shakes her head minutely, barely enough for Sam to see, before responding.

"Nyet. I did not see it. For tech, if it isn't visible in the normal range of vision, infrared or thermals might be able to pick it up. I can't say for certain, however. Magic is not my strength." She gives a roll of her shoulders, servos giving a whine of complaint at the motion.

Vera looks over Drake for a few moments, as Furgi leaves to find Alistair's body, before commenting lightly, "You are to help us, da? The support of power armor would be good, it would help relieve fire on me, make it easier to cover multiple directions. Do you focus on melee or ranged fighting? I can compensate as needed." She does not seem to recognize the design of the armor, and Samantha's comment flies over her head, the foreign cyborg not knowing much about Glitter Boys or Little Brothers.

At Townsend's remarks about the next floor, Vera nods. "That will make the firefight bloody. We will need to make it quick as we can, the demons are only getting stronger as we take our time."

As she stands and readies herself to continue, the Russian pauses as Furgi reemerges, frowning at the revelation of Alistair's corpse's disappearance. "
He was not dead?
Is it possible this Alistair was playing dead, possibly enhanced in some way?"

Field Armorer: 1d100: [69] = 69 / 70% - To do her best to convert the turret back into at least a more comfortably useable carriable weapon.
Military Etiquette: 1d100: [26] = 26 / 65% - Size up Drake as a soldier as best she can from the conversations and his standing/armor.
Vera Morozov
A Russian Angelus ex Machina!
M.D.C.
L1-B1 Light Infantry Armor
  • Main Body: 105/150 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm: 20/20 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm: 20/20 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg: 35/35 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg: 35/35 M.D.C.
  • Head: 15/15 M.D.C.
  • -5% to Physical skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing, Gymnastics, Pick Pockets, Prowl, and Swimming.
M.D.C. by Location
  • Head - 150/150 M.D.C. with Helmet
  • Main Body - 290/290 M.D.C.
  • Right Hand - 30/30 M.D.C.
  • Left Hand - 30/30 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm - 90/90 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm - 90/90 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg - 120/120 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg - 120/120 M.D.C.
  • Right Foot - 65/65 M.D.C.
  • Left Foot - 65/65 M.D.C.
  • Right Wing - 175/175 M.D.C.
  • Left Wing - 175/175 M.D.C.
  • Main Rear Jets (3; small) - 40/40 each
  • Lower Maneuvering Jets (3; even smaller) - 25/25 each
  • Wing Mini-Missiles (8; self-launch) - 15/15 M.D.C. each
  • Concealed Forearm Lasers (2; 1 per arm) - 10/10 M.D.C. each
Weapons & Attacks
Hand-to-Hand Combat:
  • Claw Strike - 3D4 M.D.
  • Head Butt - 2D4 M.D.
  • Restrained Punch - 1D4 M.D.
  • Full Strength Punch - 2D6 M.D.
  • Power Punch - 4D6 M.D.
  • Kick - 2D6 M.D. +2D6 M.D. from the Vibro-Blade damage.
  • Flying Leap Kick or Power Dive (feet first) - Does 1D6x10 - Special effect, see character sheet for details.

Vibro-Scythe: 4D6 M.D. (+2 from W.P. Polearm); Range: Melee or 600' when thrown.
Vibro-Scythe Ion Blaster: 2D6 or 4D6 M.D.; Range: 1,200'; Payload: 28/30, rechargeable via cable to cyborg power supply, or half by E-Clip (15 shots).
Concealed Forearm Lasers: 1D6 M.D. for single, 2D6 M.D. for dual blast (counts as one melee action); Range: 1,600'; Payload: Effectively Unlimited
Giant-Sized Vibro-Blades: 1d4x10 M.D.; Range: Melee
Wing Mini-Missiles: AP Missiles 1D4x10 M.D., Plasma Missiles 1D6x10 M.D.; Can fire one at a time, or in volleys of two or four; Range: 1 mile; Payload: 8/8, 4 AP and 4 Plasma. - Not Present at Moment.
Constant Effects
Language Translator: Auto-Translates languages at 98.7% accuracy, 70% accuracy for 3-6 speakers. Knows 10 most common languages.
Amplified Hearing: Can hear almost inaudible sounds up to 360 feet away; can track by sound as a skill at 50%.
Passive Nightvision: Nightvision using ambient light out to 2,000' (Range increased to 6,000' when used with telescopic sight)
Lung with Gas Filter and Oxygen Storage: Can breathe w/out air for up to 2 hours; immune to toxic gases, 94% chance nerve and poison gas do nothing.
Beckett
Group Leader

Post by Beckett »

Perception: 1d100: [30] = 30 / 74%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [11] = 11 | 1d100: [9] = 9
Initiative: 1d20+2: [6]+2 = 8

Conditions
-- Forcefield: 152 / 160
-- Ammunition (Rifle): 12 / 30 [-2 EClip]
-- Ammunition (Shard Pistol): 10 / 12

Samantha nods to Vera's wise wisdom about Demon's and Magic. Maybe Poxx would know? Where is she? With a quick look around, she radio's to the team, if they are not all present. "Anyone have eyes on Poxx? The magical new girl?"

As the minutes tick by, and Townsend and Furgi recover. Samantha is relieved, "Glad your still among the living Commander." When Furgi asks about Alistair, Samantha chimes in. "I left him upstairs. His forcefield, took the brunt of the first shot. His armor didn't last on the second. I left his corpse on the floor above."
Drake wrote:"None came with it. Not even sure where it was from originally. Though if my friend Bean's armor was any indicator, this one couldn't support one if it wanted to."
Samantha looks at the armored Cyberknight in a little bit of disbelief. Beanpole? "You know..." she stammers out, "Beanpole? The Glitterboy Pilot?" She listens to Drake about the armor not supporting the weight of the cannon. "I would have figured they would have used a lighter cannon." But she is still a bit dumbstruck.... "Beanpole? Yay high, great cook? Member of AAPS?"
Commander Townsend wrote:”Sorry about Furgi. She’s a little sensitive to these kinds of things. Unfortunately this is not my first time dealing with something like this. However thanks to you guys it will not be my last day. So I assume the floor has been secured? If so then we should get moving before the demons regroup. The next floor is what keeps the facility going. Its fairly open in most areas. But has lots of plumbing and other such things.”
"The Commander is right." Samantha uses her voice of authority. "We need to get down to the bottom and disable the portal and clear the rest out. Time is our enemy here, and we need everyone on high alert. Glad your going to join Drake, many hands make light work and all..." She checks the charge on her rifle. "Commander, anything we shouldn't be shooting at down there? I don't want this facility to go nuclear, if we hit the wrong pipe."
Furgi wrote:”There is no body where you said you shot him. I can’t find Alistar.”
"Frak, that's bad... She, kicks on her radio. "Hazel, this is Samantha. We got the new guy down here. Radio Melissa and let him know he's a traitor and is working with the demons. If you see Alistair, give him a wide berth. And radio Melissa that he's on his way up."

The constant fighting through the facility is definitely draining. And Samantha knows it, but they need to march forward and continue. "How do you guys want to go through. Same as before? Vera and Jym up front. Minerva and myself follow next. Add in Drake, Rocky, Towndsend and Furgi taking up the rear?"
Quantum
H.P.: 49 / 49 S.D.C.: 59 / 59
CBR Mk. 2 Light Armor - Valkyrie Upgrade M.D.C. by Location: -15% to physical skills
Helmet - 45/45; Arms (2) - 30/30 each; Legs (2) - 50/50 each; Main Body - 105/105; Undersuit - 25/25
LP-l0H Heavy Laser Pistol: 2d6+2 MD; 16/16 Shots per e-clip; +1 Strike
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Drake »

((Rolls Carried over))
Beckett wrote:"You know..." she stammers out, "Beanpole? The Glitterboy Pilot?" She listens to Drake about the armor not supporting the weight of the cannon. "I would have figured they would have used a lighter cannon." But she is still a bit dumbstruck.... "Beanpole? Yay high, great cook? Member of AAPS?"
Drake nods "Sure do, good guy he was, not sure where he ended up, I've been out of touch for the past year or so." Drake says. Small world.
Beckett wrote:"The Commander is right." Samantha uses her voice of authority. "We need to get down to the bottom and disable the portal and clear the rest out. Time is our enemy here, and we need everyone on high alert. Glad your going to join Drake, many hands make light work and all..." She checks the charge on her rifle. "Commander, anything we shouldn't be shooting at down there? I don't want this facility to go nuclear, if we hit the wrong pipe."
Drake listens carefully to anything the commander says.
Beckett wrote: "How do you guys want to go through. Same as before? Vera and Jym up front. Minerva and myself follow next. Add in Drake, Rocky, Towndsend and Furgi taking up the rear?"
"Depends if you want me in melee or shooting. Personally I'm better in melee, and laser resistant to boot." Drake says to Beckett.
"I hear black and I have no mercy." ~Drake, during the black rage. EP
"The sun persists in rising, so I make myself stand." -Katniss Everdeen
"Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves." ~The First Histories of Man.
Beckett
Group Leader

Post by Beckett »

((rolls held over))
Drake wrote:"Sure do, good guy he was, not sure where he ended up, I've been out of touch for the past year or so."
"Shut up!" Samantha reverts to slang from back when she was in the Southern Cross. "You know, after the Demon attack on MercTown, A.A.P.S., let me stay with them for a short time. Till I got my bearings within MercTown."

I must be rambling like a school girl... she thinks to herself.
Drake wrote:"Depends if you want me in melee or shooting. Personally I'm better in melee, and laser resistant to boot."
"Drake, if we make it out of this alive. Hit me up, and we can talk about weapon upgrades you may want for your Armor. Bean let me repair his armor from the gates, I'm pretty sure I can help you out as well."
Quantum
CBR Mk. 2 Light Armor - Valkyrie Upgrade M.D.C. by Location: -15% to physical skills
Helmet - 45/45; Arms (2) - 30/30 each; Legs (2) - 50/50 each; Main Body - 105/105; Undersuit - 25/25
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Rocky »

Perception: 80% 1d100 1d100: [93] = 93
JIC d20: 1d20 1d20: [3] = 3 / d100: 1d100 1d100: [73] = 73
INIT 1d20+5 1d20+5: [14]+5 = 19

Conditions:
OOC Comments
Radiate Nature
o Range: 100' (12' for non-psychics)
o Duration: Constant
Sense Supernatural Evil
o Range: 1100' (+100')
o Duration: Permanent effect
o Identify Type:92% (+2%) 1d100
o Track by Psychic Scent: 92% (+5%) 1d100 1d100: [52] = 52
Sense Magic Energy
o Range: 1,900' (+100')
Heightened Presence Sense: 80% (+2%) / 1d100 1d100: [65] = 65
• Range: 70’ (+5’) To pinpoint location of a presence
• Duration: Constant
• Automatically sense all presences
Intangibility

• Can become intangible and walk through solid objects.
• Horror Factor: 14
• Can change to ghost form and back up to 4 times per melee (each such change costs 1 action)
• Can carry 20 lbs. with him
Six Sense
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +6
Magic (varies): +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +2
Non-Lethal Poison (16+):+1
Insanity (12+): +3
Psionics (varies): +3
Horror Factor: +2
Illusions: 0
Battle of Will: 0
Mind Control:+4
Possession: +4

Activated
Enhance Reflexes
TK(10 ISP for 20LBs of weight, for 22 mins)
Psionic Invisibility (10 ISP 11 mins)
Psychic Body Field (30) (110 MDC -30 ISP 22 mins)
Prowl―100%/ 1d100 1d100: [23] = 23
The constant fighting through the facility is definitely draining. And Samantha knows it, but they need to march forward and continue. "How do you guys want to go through. Same as before? Vera and Jym up front. Minerva and myself follow next. Add in Drake, Rocky, Towndsend and Furgi taking up the rear?"
Rocky speaks up, “I’ll go anywhere where I don’t have to get poisoned, have acid go on me or anything else deadly. I think I have enough of this crap.”

Rocky ready's his armor and puts his Psychic Body Field up before heading down. He then uses his see Invisible. He then draws the pistol.
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
P.P.E.: 11
I.S.P.: 216
H.P.: 49
S.D.C.: 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’, 76% for precise # and pinpoint location of presence
Duration: constant, auto sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' costant
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' constant
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15
AOI: 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor: Main Body: 35, Forcefield: 70
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Twonjym »

Percep 65%: 1d100: [48] = 48
JIC: 1d20: [10] = 10 1d100: [25] = 25

After hearing Alistair's body was missing, Twonjym curses to himself in a muttered mess that trails off into, "...blasted rat turd of a coyote."

He glares around at the others as if expecting Alistair to jump out from behind someone, then gives a little head shake and looks between Sam and Drake, "You two can catch up when we're done. As fer movin ahead, Yeah. I'll take the lead with Vera. From what I remember, this next level isn't gonna win any prizes as a maze. Our biggest issue is it'll be easy for the demons to come at out flanks."

He glances around to make sure everyone is on point and listening, "Might'n be best if'n we split into two teams and seize both stairs then clear all the little rooms to the south. Though if I were them, I'd set up positions at the stairs down and the south end of the west hall. That'd keep um out of each others crossfire and give um room to fall back. Though I ain't seen any of um fall back yet." He gives a chuckle, "They just seem to fall down."

Jim gives a big grin, We're getting in the weeds now, best to keep everyone's spirits up.
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status
MDC: 134/134

Horror/Awe Factor: 12 (8 as a Gunfighter)
Beckett
Group Leader

Post by Beckett »

((rolls carried over))
Rocky wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:58 pm “I’ll go anywhere where I don’t have to get poisoned, have acid go on me or anything else deadly. I think I have enough of this crap.”
With a light chuckle, Samantha nods. "Agreed! You have definitely taken some heavy hits. Stay with Townsend and Furgi. Make sure nobody sneaks up on us from the rear."
The Sheriff wrote:"You two can catch up when we're done. As fer movin ahead, Yeah. I'll take the lead with Vera. From what I remember, this next level isn't gonna win any prizes as a maze. Our biggest issue is it'll be easy for the demons to come at out flanks."
She looks at the rest, "You heard the man! Lock and load fella's. It's time we go deeper into this hell hole." Closing her eyes for a second, This is really a hell hole isn't it. John mentioned a Hell Pit or something a year ago. Could this be related?
Quantum
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Minerva »

Perception: 1d100: [40] = 40 /59%
JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13 / 1d100: [63] = 63
Conditions

155/390
  • Duration: 16:15/35:00 minutes
  • Damage: 8d6 MD

• Duration: 12:15/14:00 minutes
  • +1 APM
  • +3 on initiative
  • +1 to strike
  • +2 to parry and dodge
  • +2 to P.P.
  • +15% to Physical Skills
  • Duration: 14:00/14:00 minutes
  • Weight: 3000 lbs
  • Range: 400 feet
  • Bonus: +3 to strike, +4 to parry

As Townsend and Furgi respond positively to her healing touches, she nods and then joins the rest of the group. Watching Quantum interact with Drake, she realizes Oh, she has a soft side. Cute. Someone isn't a mercenary leader with all their spare time.

The discussion of the lower level and the disappearance of Alistair frustrates Minerva. "So, we have a wide open killing field to wade through and a traitor that won't die at our backs? This is perfect. Rearguard, be extra cautious. I only have so much healing left." Someday, I'll find a mentor to show me what I'm healing instead of just knowing it will work. Maybe that Psyscape place...

Minerva falls in to her position along side Quantum and heads downstairs.
1d100: [50] = 50 /41% - FAIL
Grace Minerva
Ledger
Sum of All Fears
Game Master

Time: 1450

Townsend smirks at the small world that is earth as two people end up coming together having known the same person. He looks on the group fondly as they talk and make plans. It is clear he is remembering days long past for him. When their marching orders come down and MARS is ready to move out, Townsend dons his helmet and nods to the MARS personnel. ”We are following your lead. Furgi, Reay?” Furgi gives a curt nod. Her anger at Alistar’s betrayal is still raw and on display for everyone to see.

MARS makes their way down the stairs as they have many times before. At this point it feels like they have been down here for years. The open skies and fresh air feel like a distant memory or dream. As they get to the bottom of the stairs, Rocky picks up on a presence hiding just around the right corner of the exit. Before he can say anything MARS hears a high pitched voice coming from the doorway to the 8th floor, ”Ah...Please don’t shoot me!!!...My Master wishes to meet you. He has promised safety if you accept.” A small gargoyle peeks it’s head around the corner. It’s expression is terrified as it shakes uncontrollably where it stands.

Time for a twist...Will you shoot or Listen...

Butcher Bill
Rocky= -144 ISP; -22 SDC; -38 HP; -3 Thundergun shots; (0 Minutes remaining on Psychic Body Field);
Sam= -2 shots from Shard Pistol/ - 2 E-Clip/ -18 Shots from current e-clip HI-80/-25 MD FF
Twonjym= -3 shots from NG-P7 E-Clip;-7 shots from other E-clip; -4 Shot from other E-Clip/ Head armor destroyed;/ - 10 shots from Bloodrifle Blood Reservoir/-25 MD AOI
Tech FF= Regen 1 MD per minute four minutes pass. (Overloaded FF’s are disabled for 12 hours/Minerva/)

Other Accounts: The Apothecary (AAPS/Spooks AGM); Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks PC); Keiko (H4H PC); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR PC); Hellhound (VR PC)
Beckett
Group Leader

Post by Beckett »

Perception: 1d100: [88] = 88 / 77%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [18] = 18 | 1d100: [30] = 30
Initiative: 1d20+2: [1]+2 = 3

Conditions
-- Forcefield: 160 / 160 Note: Due to time, FF has regenerated

Samantha slowly walks down the stairs, her senses are on high alert waiting for the other shoe to drop. It was in the darkness, she knew this floor could be the fight for her life. It was only then she heard the high squeal of a gargoyle. Another demon, where the frak did it come from!, her rifle raised up to fire, when he started to talk. That little thing looks like those ugly little guys on gothic buildings. ...

<waiting on folks to chime into chat for me to finish the post>
Quantum
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Minerva »

Perception: 1d100: [33] = 33 /59%
JIC: 1d20: [5] = 5 / 1d100: [16] = 16
Conditions

179/414

Encountering the timid gargoyle is an unexpected surprise that Martina Graciela Minerva Valdez is not happy about. "
Shut up.
"
She activates her Telekinesis (Super) (-20 ISP for 200 lbs of weight, 16 minute duration), grabs the gargoyle and hovers him in the air. Out of striking distance but close enough for a team member to step up and dispatch. "Who would like to do the honors?"

Initiative: 1d20+5: [18]+5 = 23
APM: 8
Actions 1-8: Attempt to grab gargoyle with Telekinesis (Super). Strikes: 1d20+3: [15]+3 = 18 1d20+3: [12]+3 = 15 1d20+3: [18]+3 = 21 1d20+3: [4]+3 = 7 1d20+3: [4]+3 = 7 1d20+3: [3]+3 = 6 1d20+3: [19]+3 = 22 1d20+3: [5]+3 = 8
Grace Minerva
Ledger
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Drake »

Perception: d100: [80] = 80 /55%
Just in Case: 1d20: [15] = 15 ; 1d100: [58] = 58
Conditions: None.

HP: 40/40
S.D.C.: 87/87
I.S.P.: 31/31
Little Brother M.D.C. (Main Body): 275/275

Drake's eyes narrow when the Gurgoyle pops it's head around the corner. He can feel the familiar tightness on his brain as his vision blurs around the edges. A familiar mantra slowly begins to manifest in his thoughts. I hear black and I have no mercy. However much Drake would try, his mind will not let go of the memories of cruelty and maliciousness dealt by demon kind. His very soul cries out to vanquish them all back to whatever hell dimension they come from. Drake's grip on Andhaviśvāsa tightens, likely loud enough for those near him to hear the creaking of leather being over compressed. While the sword doesn't speak, he can feel it's want to slay yet another demon from this world. And that's all it takes, as Drake makes the several strides it will take to reach the creature. And he does his best to put an end to it's existence.

Initiative: 1d20+5: [1]+5 = 6
Number of attacks: 8
Action One: Move forward, and strike at Gurgoyle with Andhaviśvāsa. (Strike: 1d20+8: [9]+8 = 17 ; Damage: 4d6+1d4+6: [2, 2, 4, 1]+[1]+6 = 16 M.D.)
Action Two: Strike at Gurgoyle with Andhaviśvāsa. (Strike: 1d20+8: [5]+8 = 13 ; Damage: 4d6+1d4+6: [2, 4, 1, 3]+[2]+6 = 18 M.D.)
Action Three: Strike at Gurgoyle with Andhaviśvāsa. (Strike: 1d20+8: [12]+8 = 20 ; Damage: 4d6+1d4+6: [6, 5, 3, 4]+[2]+6 = 26 M.D.)
Action Four: Strike at Gurgoyle with Andhaviśvāsa. (Strike: 1d20+8: [8]+8 = 16 ; Damage: 4d6+1d4+6: [2, 2, 6, 3]+[3]+6 = 22 M.D.)
Action Five: Strike at Gurgoyle with Andhaviśvāsa. (Strike: 1d20+8: [16]+8 = 24 ; Damage: 4d6+1d4+6: [5, 1, 3, 6]+[2]+6 = 23 M.D.)
Action Six: Strike at Gurgoyle with Andhaviśvāsa. (Strike: 1d20+8: [7]+8 = 15 ; Damage: 4d6+1d4+6: [6, 1, 2, 4]+[1]+6 = 20 M.D.)
Action Seven: Strike at Gurgoyle with Andhaviśvāsa. (Strike: 1d20+8: [16]+8 = 24 ; Damage: 4d6+1d4+6: [6, 6, 4, 4]+[2]+6 = 28 M.D.)
Action Eight: Strike at Gurgoyle with Andhaviśvāsa. (Strike: 1d20+8: [10]+8 = 18 ; Damage: 4d6+1d4+6: [1, 2, 4, 5]+[4]+6 = 22 M.D.)

Parries as Needed: 1d20+12: [15]+12 = 27 , 1d20+12: [12]+12 = 24 , 1d20+12: [7]+12 = 19 , 1d20+12: [19]+12 = 31 , 1d20+12: [4]+12 = 16 , 1d20+12: [20]+12 = 32 , 1d20+12: [14]+12 = 26 , 1d20+12: [17]+12 = 29 .
Dodges if attack is Unparryable: 1d20+8: [3]+8 = 11 , 1d20+8: [5]+8 = 13 , 1d20+8: [9]+8 = 17 , 1d20+8: [20]+8 = 28 , 1d20+8: [2]+8 = 10 , 1d20+8: [15]+8 = 23 , 1d20+8: [15]+8 = 23 , 1d20+8: [14]+8 = 22 .
"Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves." ~The First Histories of Man.
Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Twonjym »

Perception: 68% = 1d100: [53] = 53
JIC 1d20: [13] = 13 1d100: [65] = 65
Init: 1d20+6: [7]+6 = 13
Actions: 5

Conditions: HomeSpun M.D.C. Armor: Helmet: 0 Mainbody: 31/23, NG-P7 eclip 8/5, IRMSS doses:4/3; Bloodrifle 'Retribution' Shots fired: 10

For some reason Twonjym pauses to consider the demons ploy but his delay makes the decision for him as Drake moves forward and skewers the pitiful demon.

"Safety? That was likely just an invite into a trap." He says as he cocks his head at the creature not falling to the ground. "Um, does someone have a hold on that thing? Or does it have a weird power I don't know about?" He glances around at the assembled group. Then speaks up again, "Does someone have a plan from here on out? I don't know about you guys but I'm hoping they threw most of their forces at us already and don't have much left, but I'm not willing to put a bet down on that hope."

Giving the group a wide grin he continues, "Either way, I say we do it like before. Go in tight and hit them hard. Take out the little guys fast and then focus fire on the big boys. We could take some big hits but with the little guys gone we can focus our fire on the big guys and tear them down pretty fast. Then I guess we just need to smash the rift machine." He looks over the group again and nods at his somewhat simple plan.
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status

Vera Morozov
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Vera Morozov »

Perception: 1d100: [27] = 27 / 44%
JiC d100: 1d100: [88] = 88 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [1] = 1
Constant Effects
Vera watches the gargoyle speak, and sees Sam's hesitation.
I should warn her of the malicious intent of demons. This is not likely to be anything but a trap.
Before she can make her comments, she sees Minerva hold (or attempt to hold) the gargoyle up while Drake immediately goes to kill the creature. She pauses, letting him do the work, not wishing to move up simply to be in the way.

Rather, she turns to Samantha. "Killing it was likely the best decision," she says calmly as Drake finishes up, "Demons are not beings to be trusted, regardless of how they try to draw us in. Even if we were able to gather information from it, it isn't certain it'd be accurate information"
Twonjym wrote:Giving the group a wide grin he continues, "Either way, I say we do it like before. Go in tight and hit them hard. Take out the little guys fast and then focus fire on the big boys. We could take some big hits but with the little guys gone we can focus our fire on the big guys and tear them down pretty fast. Then I guess we just need to smash the rift machine." He looks over the group again and nods at his somewhat simple plan.
Vera mulls that over a moment. "We are still some levels up from our goal, and after we made our way through some levels, the smartest decision would be to draw back their most powerful forces here to protect their way in and out. I doubt that we've killed nearly every demon in the facility so far. We have yet to face their leader, it seems, from what the guards have said. This beast's master, most like," she says, looking to the corpse.

"Clearing the first hall and setting up choke-points at the entrances to it from the rest of the level would make sense as well, if the demons try to press an attack," she suggests, "But clearing out the smaller threats before combining forces on the larger ones is a good idea, would decrease the amount of fire coming in on us at once."
Vera Morozov
M.D.C.
  • -5% to Physical skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing, Gymnastics, Pick Pockets, Prowl, and Swimming.
M.D.C. by Location
Weapons & Attacks
Hand-to-Hand Combat:
  • Claw Strike - 3D4 M.D.
  • Head Butt - 2D4 M.D.
  • Power Punch - 4D6 M.D.
  • Flying Leap Kick or Power Dive (feet first) - Does 1D6x10 - Special effect, see character sheet for details.

Vibro-Scythe: 4D6 M.D. (+2 from W.P. Polearm); Range: Melee or 600' when thrown.
Vibro-Scythe Ion Blaster: 2D6 or 4D6 M.D.; Range: 1,200'; Payload: 28/30, rechargeable via cable to cyborg power supply, or half by E-Clip (15 shots).
Concealed Forearm Lasers: 1D6 M.D. for single, 2D6 M.D. for dual blast (counts as one melee action); Range: 1,600'; Payload: Effectively Unlimited
Wing Mini-Missiles: AP Missiles 1D4x10 M.D., Plasma Missiles 1D6x10 M.D.; Can fire one at a time, or in volleys of two or four; Range: 1 mile; Payload: 8/8, 4 AP and 4 Plasma. - Not Present at Moment.
Constant Effects
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Rocky »

Perception: 80% 1d100 prec 1d100: [5] = 5
JIC d20: 1d20 JIC 1d20: [17] = 17 / d100: 1d100 jic 1d100: [73] = 73
INIT 1d20+5 init 1d20+5: [8]+5 = 13

Conditions:
OOC Comments
Radiate Nature
Sense Supernatural Evil
o Identify Type:92% (+2%) 1d100 1d100: [95] = 95
o Track by Psychic Scent: 92% (+5%) 1d100 1d100: [88] = 88
Sense Magic Energy
Heightened Presence Sense: 80% (+2%) / 1d100 1d100: [32] = 32
Intangibility

• Can change to ghost form and back up to 4 times per melee (each such change costs 1 action)
Six Sense
Saving Throw Bonuses

Activated
Enhance Reflexes
Prowl―100%/ 1d100 1d100: [89] = 89
Rocky sees the gargoyle and thinks, This is a trap, of course it is. Why are they trying to talk, delay us for more time to bring more in? Oh that is great. Drake just went up and stabbed it, good for him.

To Samm and the others, “Yep keep going I think they are setting a trap or trying to delay us. Time is everything now.”
Rocky tries to find a good place to hide as he calls forth his Psi Sword.
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’, 76% for precise # and pinpoint location of presence
Duration: constant, auto sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Sixth Sense
TW Thunder Gun
2 Phase Swords

Beckett
Group Leader

Post by Beckett »

(( rolls carried over ... ))

As Samantha is about to form words about what to do, she watches Drake with precision speed, stab the little gargoyle in a swift motion. Samantha is stunned silence as the team in whole back the action of Drake, either by holding the creature in place or explaining the action away. It's done... Move on, and reprimand after.

"Any decision we had, has been already chosen. We have our movement orders. Everyone ready to breach?" Her eyes dart over the people in the group. Taking a mental count of the team. "Any noise makers or anything that can cause a distraction would be ideal."

Conditional Actions
Roll with Punch/Fall/Impact: 1d20+5: [14]+5 = 19 | 1d20+5: [8]+5 = 13 | 1d20+5: [5]+5 = 10 | 1d20+5: [13]+5 = 18 | 1d20+5: [7]+5 = 12 | 1d20+5: [13]+5 = 18 | 1d20+5: [3]+5 = 8 | 1d20+5: [13]+5 = 18
Dodges as needed: 1d20+8: [19]+8 = 27 | 1d20+8: [18]+8 = 26 | 1d20+8: [6]+8 = 14 | 1d20+8: [6]+8 = 14 | 1d20+8: [7]+8 = 15 | 1d20+8: [13]+8 = 21 | 1d20+8: [13]+8 = 21 | 1d20+8: [6]+8 = 14

Actions 1-2: Aimed Shot Lead Target: 1d20+8: [17]+8 = 25 | Damage: 2d4*10+10: [4, 3]*10+10 = 80
Actions 3-4: Aimed Shot Lead Target: 1d20+8: [5]+8 = 13 | Damage: 2d4*10+10: [1, 2]*10+10 = 40
Actions 5-6: Aimed Shot Lead Target: 1d20+8: [11]+8 = 19 | Damage: 2d4*10+10: [1, 2]*10+10 = 40
Actions 7-8: Aimed Shot Lead Target: 1d20+8: [8]+8 = 16 | Damage: 2d4*10+10: [2, 3]*10+10 = 60
Quantum
Sum of All Fears
Game Master

Time: 1520

Not interested in talking at all Minerva grabs the Gargoyle with her psionic powers as Drake rushes the small creature. ”EEPPP!!” It squeaks as it can no longer find purchase with the ground or air. It opens its mouth to fire off a blast of fire breath but it is immediately turned away from the group as Drake dispatches the creature with several masterful strokes of his weapon. ”I...Was…..Just...The...Messange…...er…” The gargoyle squeaks out before going completely limp. For a moment the only sound is the creatures blood splashing to the floor. The wet thump of it’s body hitting the floor as Minerva releases the Telekinetic abilities breaks the silence.

MARS preps for more combat as they move through level 8. However rather than a heavy fight and invisible foes, MARS only sees carnage. 70% of the KIT personnel are on this floor. Bodies stacked up to the ceiling, congealed rivers of blood. Lab coats stained red. Armor fragments everywhere. MARS must move slowly through the bodies, as organs and viscera litter the floor making movement difficult. Possibly even more disturbing are the messages written on the walls in blood. ”Run Human!”; How long can you last?; Give me a challenge!. It appears this area was used as a hunting ground. Hunting prisoners for sport. Sam realizes they would have to have walked through this sight even if they had listened to the demon at the bottom of the stairs.

After 15 minutes of slow movement MARS arrives at the stairs to level 9. Level 9 is full of odd writings and artifacts. Most look to be demon cultural items. Given that the artifacts are in the process of being examined means the demons did not bring them here. These items were here prior to the demons invading this facility. With no hostiles challenging MARS they begin to dread what will be awaiting them on the final floor. As they approach the final set of stairs they walk by a door with a more ornate nameplate than the rest. It reads Dr. Alistair Baker.

You're almost through this hell...So what are you doing?

Butcher Bill
Drake=

Beckett
Group Leader

Post by Beckett »

Perception: 1d100: [68] = 68 / 74%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [11] = 11 | 1d100: [73] = 73
Initiative: 1d20+2: [14]+2 = 16

Conditions
-- Forcefield: 160 / 160

In a weird sense of relief, Samantha was somewhat happy that Drake had dispatched the Gargoyle. With carnage like this, there is no alternative with these creatures. They see us as cattle, food for their own survival... Her mind wanders down the path as her eyes dart up and down looking for potential threats.

"Townsend," Samantha's tone is one of anger and disbelief. "What exactly were you guys researching here. This looks like you intended to have what happened happen. Just not the greeting you expected." Samantha cuts herself short wanting to yell at the man, for all the souls that lost their lives in the facility. But refrains, as it was undoubtedly not the head of security's call. That is when her eyes land on Alistair's office. Bastard!

"Rocky," Samantha radio's over to the veteran MARS Mercenary "Do you think Alistair left some way to shut all this down in his office? Should we search it before we move on?"
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Drake »

Perception: 1d100: [32] = 32 /55%
Just in Case: 1d20: [17] = 17 ; 1d100: [58] = 58
Conditions: None, well maybe a bit batty.

Lore: Demon & Monster 1d100: [92] = 92 /80% (Any tell tale signs of particular demons?)

Drake looks down at the corpse of the gargoyle and finally registers what he's just done. Drake spins on his heel and looks at the others. "My apologies, I have a condition... It makes me do rash things some times." Drake says before flicking the blood from his blade, with a skilled flick of his wrist. "Though to be fair, whatever deal they can offer is unlikely worth it." Drake says as he falls back into his position in the rear.

The abattoir that is level eight grates on the Cyber-Knight's psyche. "They slaughtered all of them, and they expected us to make peace with them." Drake says to no one in particular, his voice carries a weariness that likely comes from a lifetime of witnessed atrocities. I hear black and I have no mercy.

Drake stops when the team does, at the door. Is this important, is there some answer here? Drake shakes his head and dismisses the mental question. The whole situation leaves the sour taste of bile in Drake's throat, burning and hot. I hear black and I have no mercy.

"Are we going in?" Drake asks.
Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Twonjym »

Perception: 68% = 1d100: [72] = 72
JIC 1d20: [14] = 14 1d100: [88] = 88

Conditions: HomeSpun M.D.C. Armor: Helmet: 0 Mainbody: 31/23, NG-P7 eclip 8/5, IRMSS doses:4/3; Bloodrifle 'Retribution' Shots fired: 10

Well, that could have gone better but there's no point in trying to hash it out right now. Twonjym thinks as he takes his p[position and they make their way onto level 8.

Jim tries to hold himself together as they creep through the masses of dismembered bodies, though he does mutter, "I'da ripped that little beast in half if we'd let him lead us down through this." His voice picks up a little as he says to no one in particular, "What in the hell were they playing at, offer'n up a deal?"
Sam wrote:"Do you think Alistair left some way to shut all this down in his office? Should we search it before we move on?"
When they get to the back of Level 9 without incident and see Alistair's office, Jim glares at it with the others, "Might as well give it a search. Could be we get some idea what they backstabber was up to here." He looks over to Vera, "You might wanna talk to your boss about his hiring standards."
Drake wrote:"Are we going in?"
Jim looks over to Drake, "Alistair was the head honcho. Had been hold up with Townsend, Furgi and a few others. Then he turned on us. We thought we got him but his corpse vanished. Could be a few minutes spent here might help us downstairs. Frak I wish I had some grenades." The grin usually on Jim's face is gone, replaced by a dour expression.

"Pepe, stay close." He rubs a clawed finger on the head of the robo-wolf.
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status

Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Rocky »

Perception: 80% 1d100 1d100: [57] = 57
JIC d20: 1d20 1d20: [15] = 15 / d100: 1d100 1d100: [36] = 36
INIT 1d20+5 1d20+5: [5]+5 = 10

Conditions:
OOC Comments
Radiate Nature
Sense Supernatural Evil
o Identify Type:92% (+2%) 1d100 1d100: [39] = 39
o Track by Psychic Scent: 92% (+5%) 1d100 1d100: [93] = 93
Sense Magic Energy
Heightened Presence Sense: 80% (+2%) / 1d100 1d100: [19] = 19
Intangibility

Six Sense
Saving Throw Bonuses

Activated
Enhance Reflexes
Prowl―100%/ 1d100 1d100: [52] = 52
"Rocky," Samantha radio's over to the veteran MARS Mercenary "Do you think Alistair left some way to shut all this down in his office? Should we search it before we move on?"
Rocky responds to Samm, “Yea I can go in there but I don’t know a thing about artifacts. My suggestion I go in with a mage type. It might be a trap too.” After all everything I done to day has ended up bad for me.

Rocky prepares to enter; he brings up his see invisible and steps to the side to let someone else open the trap. “After you my friend”
See the Invisible (2)
Rocky looks around the room
if there is a terminal he will use it
Computer Operation―105% 1d100: [93] = 93
Computer Hacking―75% 1d100: [43] = 43
after cracking the computer Rocky looks for things they were working on , and any thing to do with a rift / opening / doors, and also an Arm/regrowth / regeneration
Can use Machine ghost I.S.P. : 12 to speed things up and or speed read I.S.P. : 2
1d100: [22] = 22 1d100: [60] = 60 1d100: [34] = 34

Rocky will use Object Read (6) on something that might help the group, or himself
Base Skill: Impressions: 78% 1d100: [28] = 28
Present: 60% 1d100: [27] = 27
Dice rolls
jic 1d100: [85] = 85
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
Active Powers
Sixth Sense
TW Thunder Gun
2 Phase Swords

Vera Morozov
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Vera Morozov »

Perception: 1d100: [30] = 30 / 44%
JiC d100: 1d100: [62] = 62 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [8] = 8
Constant Effects
Vera frowns beneath her helmet, eyes glancing towards the various artifacts about the area.
This place reeks of evil. Why would they be studying demons so intently? Was the portal made on purpose?
Keeping her dark thoughts to herself for the moment, Vera stays silent except for calling clear-outs as they move through.

At the sight of Alistair's door, she pauses.
His office certainly is fancy. There might be important information in there.
The cyborg is about to suggest they enter when Sam voices her question aloud.
Beckett wrote:"Rocky," Samantha radio's over to the veteran MARS Mercenary "Do you think Alistair left some way to shut all this down in his office? Should we search it before we move on?"
Twonjym wrote:When they get to the back of Level 9 without incident and see Alistair's office, Jim glares at it with the others, "Might as well give it a search. Could be we get some idea what they backstabber was up to here." He looks over to Vera, "You might wanna talk to your boss about his hiring standards."
Vera doesn't move for a moment, before muttering under her breath, "
The research here was an abomination.
"
More loudly, she responds to the others, "If this is the kind of thing he was researching here, he may not be my boss for much longer. I agree, we should search this office. Perhaps it has information that could help us to contain this incursion."

Seeing at it is her employer, Vera will step forward, opening the door at Rocky's behest, ready for any sort of trap the mad scientist may have laid for them.

Detect Ambush: 1d100: [59] = 59 / 65% - Be prepared for anything to come through that door.
Vera Morozov
M.D.C.
M.D.C. by Location
Weapons & Attacks
Hand-to-Hand Combat:
  • Claw Strike - 3D4 M.D.
  • Head Butt - 2D4 M.D.
  • Power Punch - 4D6 M.D.

Constant Effects
Beckett
Group Leader

Post by Beckett »

(( rolls carried over ))

"Thanks guys," Samantha says to the team. "Alistair, from what little interaction we have had, is a slime bag. And if he did intentionally bring demon's here...." Her voice stops, and she drops the line of thought.

"Be careful," She looks over to Jym, "Jym let's give them enough room and make sure nothing comes down the hall any further." She readies her rifle prepared for another attack to come up at them from the direction they were going. All those people, because of the hubris of one man. The senseless deaths, by using death and darkness to fuel his ambitions.

Conditional Actions
Roll with Punch/Fall/Impact: 1d20+5: [13]+5 = 18 | 1d20+5: [8]+5 = 13 | 1d20+5: [6]+5 = 11 | 1d20+5: [7]+5 = 12 | 1d20+5: [10]+5 = 15 | 1d20+5: [19]+5 = 24 | 1d20+5: [1]+5 = 6 | 1d20+5: [19]+5 = 24
Dodges as needed: 1d20+8: [9]+8 = 17 | 1d20+8: [3]+8 = 11 | 1d20+8: [4]+8 = 12 | 1d20+8: [2]+8 = 10 | 1d20+8: [13]+8 = 21 | 1d20+8: [2]+8 = 10 | 1d20+8: [12]+8 = 20 | 1d20+8: [17]+8 = 25

Actions 1-2: Aimed Shot Lead Target: 1d20+9: [18]+9 = 27 | Damage: 2d4*10+10: [1, 1]*10+10 = 30
Actions 3-4: Aimed Shot Lead Target: 1d20+9: [9]+9 = 18 | Damage: 2d4*10+10: [2, 3]*10+10 = 60
Actions 5-6: Aimed Shot Lead Target: 1d20+9: [6]+9 = 15 | Damage: 2d4*10+10: [1, 4]*10+10 = 60
Actions 7-8: Aimed Shot Lead Target: 1d20+9: [8]+9 = 17 | Damage: 2d4*10+10: [3, 1]*10+10 = 50
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Drake »

((Rolls Carried Over))

Drake nods. "I'll cover whatever you want me to." Drake says from behind the emotionless mask of the Little Brother Suit. I hear black and have no mercy.

Drake's grip on the unusual blade he carries, tightens, the leather creaking under the robotic grip. Just kick the door down and kill whoever is inside. Drake thinks for a moment, but shakes his head at the thought. We're not that person... I hear... Don't start... Drakes mind races as a audible growl comes out of him.

Had to be demons. Fate be damned demons. Drake thinks, as he waits for orders, or action to happen.
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Minerva »

Perception: 1d100: [85] = 85 /59%
JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19 / 1d100: [15] = 15
Conditions

179/414

Drake wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:02 pm "My apologies, I have a condition... It makes me do rash things some times. Though to be fair, whatever deal they can offer is unlikely worth it."
"He was a demon. They are not innocent dimensional travelers. They are born with malice in their heart and must be struck down as such." I'm sure the Coalition thinks the same of my brothers, but they are wrong and I am right. And with that, Minerva is done thinking of it.

Level 8 is a relief in that Minerva and M.A.R.S. don't have a fight on their hands. But the tragedy that they walk through weighs on Minerva. She doesn't say a word as they trudge through the insides of the staff strewn about the ground. The messages written on the walls serve to steel her resolve to end the threat in this facility.

Level 9 catches Minerva by surprise with the demonic artifacts on lab tables implying the true reason that this invasion took place. She is about to bring the topic up when she sees the sign for Alistair's office and hears the subsequent plans to search it. "I'll come with. I can get a read of any personal objects to see what he has been up to and possibly where he is now."

Minerva joins in the search of Alistair's office. If she finds any objects that could be considered his personal objects, she will perform an object read on them (-6 ISP, -4 additional ISP for Present view)
Grace Minerva
Ledger
Sum of All Fears
Game Master

Time: 1530

As MARS progresses through the 9th floor, the evidence of demon artifacts can not be ignored. Sam brings the question to Townsend. He lets out a deep sigh before answering. ”You have every right to be suspicious. And I can’t say we played no part in our own demise. However it’s not exactly the way you see it. During Alistair’s research he came across information that indicated demons had some kind of tech that would allow them to create a stable rift between two points outside the bounds of a leyline. Additionally it was something that could be used by anyone. I’m not on the details but that’s the long and short of it. So Alistair began having teams focus on researching demon culture looking for clues for this wonder tech.” Townsend gently shakes his head, ”I should have seen that something was wrong. I still can’t believe he would turn on us like that.” Townsend finished just as everyone reaches Alistair’s office.

Jym and Drake cover the stairs to make sure nothing ambushes the team as they explore Alistair’s office. Given the flashy door sign the office is surprisingly spartan. Those who enter find no traps or other underhanded tricks. A bed in the corner next to a desk with a computer. Small shower and bathroom with a closet. A well made rug in the middle of the room is the only decor beyond personal items. A few pictures of Alistair with various people. Some of him at a dig site, another of him with Townsend and Furgi with the KIT facility behind them. The pictures show a kind and professional man.

Rocky moves to the computer and quickly bypasses the security of the computer. Rocky is able to see tens of thousands of documents in the computers registry. Maybe you should search for audio logs. That should help Narrow your search. Alphonso’s voice echoes in Rocky’s head. Rocky begins looking for audio files. After a few moments Rocky finds several audio files that appear to be an audio diary from Alistair. Rocky begins playing them.

Alistair’s voice cuts the silence that had been present and is loud enough to be heard by those in the hallway, ”Entry 246: Dig location. Came across an interesting find today. We were combing through some pre-cataclysm ruins when we came across some interesting information. It appears there may have been a group of demons pulled to this world who were looking to find a way home. They apparently needed to make use of a teleportation device in order to make it back to their home. I believe they are talking about a techno-wizard device, but one can not be sure. More information is needed.” Alistair’s voice was full of energy and life. Not the despair and aloofness he had when talking to MARS previously.

”Entry 247: Dig location. This is big. These demons were not just using techno-wizardry there was something else. They were able to connect points without the use of Magical energy. I know how it sounds but it’s true. Somehow they could open rifts between two dedicated objects even without Magical energy. I must let Mr. Keller know of this discovery. If I can make this work it could change the face of the world...Can you imagine it...reconnecting the world like it was before. Travel is no longer dangerous or unpredictable. This could be the greatest discovery of this age.” The childlike enthusiasm in his voice could stir the hardest heart.

”Entry 322: KIT. I have made limited success on the front of creating a portal. I am still unable to get past the need for Magical energy to make the rift device work. My frustrations have been affecting my work. I may need to take a few steps back and see if I missed something.”

”Entry 337: KIT. I haven’t slept in days. My only focus is on this project. It is still progressing. I have not found a way to make the breakthrough I wish for. I have sent more people out to secure as many artifacts as they can. Maybe the answers lay there.” Alistair’s voice has become haggard and coarse. Gone is the enthusiastic tone from the previous entries.

”Entry 340: KIT. It won’t work! I can’t get it to work. There are no answers in the artifacts! Curse this dream. Curse this existence. Why...why does this eat at me so? I have to figure it out...WHY CAN’T I MAKE YOU WORK!!! (A cup shatters in the background) (Loud pacing can be heard) Wait...What if we went to the source?...Would that work? Would they talk to us?...The others would not understand...Hide it from them?...Yes hide it from them...they would not understand...we must have our answers…….Yes….we must.” This sounds like the Alistair MARS had met. The last part of the entry almost sounded like there were two people speaking in Alistair’s voice.

As they finish listening to the audio logs, Townsend pulls a small device from Alistair’s desk. ”Ah so this is where he kept it.” Townsend turns back to those present. ”This was the emergency artifact that was created to destroy the gate should it become uncontrollable. It was supposed to be on Alistair that day. I see that he hid it here. Seems the project drove him to madness. I’m going to fix your mistakes my friend.” Townsend looks at MARS as he pockets the small black box. Furgi shoots him a questioning look and Townsend simply nods to her.

Minerva is able to use read object on the pictures and gets pleasant memories associated with pushing the archaeological envelope and being in the presence of friends. When she attempts to get a lock on Alistair in the present she gets he is alive and well. Seems to be making his way through a forested area, blood still coating the bottom of his lab coat from the facility.

Alright...You now have had the chance to glimpse into the mind of a madman...Now what?

Butcher Bill
Minerva= -10 ISP; FF (Depleted)/AOI Down/-40 MD Right Arm/-70 MD Left Leg
Drake=

Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Minerva »

Perception: 1d100: [63] = 63 /59%
JIC: 1d20: [5] = 5 / 1d100: [5] = 5

Minerva finishes communing with the picture and sets it down gingerly in its place on the desk. "The picture told me what the recordings told all of us. He was a misguided genius who let the project get the better of him. No matter, I would still have his head for what he brought upon those working for him. If he weren’t already out of the facility and running far away at the moment, which the picture also told me."

Watching Townsend pocket the auto-turn off device piques Minerva's interest. "So, the gameplan then, is keep you alive until we get to the gate, you press the button to shut it off and we kill everything else down there? Sounds good to me. "
Grace Minerva
Ledger
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Drake »

Perception: 1d100: [44] = 44 /55%
Just in Case: 1d20: [18] = 18 ; 1d100: [20] = 20
Conditions: None, well maybe a bit batty.

Drake while watching the backs of his new comrades, listens to the information being played. The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Isn't that what you said to me Master Franklin. Is it our fate to all fall to the darkness? I hear black... I've staved it off all these years, I even redeemed you my master. ...and I have no mercy! Not now demon, I don't require your special kind of... help. At least not yet. Drake thinks darkly.

Drake glances over to Jym. "Been with them long?" Drake asks, deep down inside trying to find something else to think on.
Beckett
Group Leader

Post by Beckett »

Perception: 1d100: [66] = 66 / 74%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [9] = 9 | 1d100: [45] = 45
Initiative: 1d20+2: [9]+2 = 11

Conditions
-- Forcefield: 160 / 160

Samantha listens intently, almost relating to the madman and his relentless need to find the answer. "He fell off the deep end, and we are all paying the price." Her voice was sullen, and to the point. She watches Townsend grab the device, and she tries to take a good look at it before he tucks it away.
Townsend wrote:”This was the emergency artifact that was created to destroy the gate should it become uncontrollable. It was supposed to be on Alistair that day. I see that he hid it here. Seems the project drove him to madness. I’m going to fix your mistakes my friend.”
"Townsend," Samantha points her question directly to the man. "If it doesn't work, what is our other option? Judicious use of C4?"

"Okay, everyone ready for the last floor? I know we have been at this for a while and we are tired. But we need to make sure that gateway is closed." She looks at Townsend, "We need to protect Townsend till he can shut it down. Focus our attention on the little guys, and avoid the big ones. Then we tag team them till we take them out. We got this!

"Like before, we are pairing up. Minerva and Twonjym. Drake is with Rocky. Townsend your with Furgi. And Vera, your with me. Vera do you want to take point?"

Conditional Actions
Roll with Punch/Fall/Impact: 1d20+5: [14]+5 = 19 | 1d20+5: [4]+5 = 9 | 1d20+5: [10]+5 = 15 | 1d20+5: [18]+5 = 23 | 1d20+5: [12]+5 = 17 | 1d20+5: [3]+5 = 8 | 1d20+5: [3]+5 = 8 | 1d20+5: [16]+5 = 21
Dodges as needed: 1d20+8: [19]+8 = 27 | 1d20+8: [19]+8 = 27 | 1d20+8: [7]+8 = 15 | 1d20+8: [17]+8 = 25 | 1d20+8: [14]+8 = 22 | 1d20+8: [16]+8 = 24 | 1d20+8: [11]+8 = 19 | 1d20+8: [17]+8 = 25

Actions 1-2: Aimed Shot Lead Target: 1d20+8: [14]+8 = 22 | Damage: 2d4*10+10: [2, 1]*10+10 = 40
Actions 3-4: Aimed Shot Lead Target: 1d20+8: [12]+8 = 20 | Damage: 2d4*10+10: [1, 4]*10+10 = 60
Actions 5-6: Aimed Shot Lead Target: 1d20+8: [16]+8 = 24 | Damage: 2d4*10+10: [3, 2]*10+10 = 60
Actions 7-8: Aimed Shot Lead Target: 1d20+8: [7]+8 = 15 | Damage: 2d4*10+10: [2, 2]*10+10 = 50
Quantum

Return to “M.A.R.S. Adventure Forum”