Part I: A Winter Wonderland

MercTown Armored Recon Services: Interdimensional Mercenary Company

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Post Reply
User avatar
Sum of All Fears
Game Master
Posts: 246
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:24 pm

Part I: A Winter Wonderland

Post by Sum of All Fears »

Date: 2 Nov 111 PA
Time: 1011
Temp: 45 F


As MARS enters the Conference room Minvera, Sam, Jym, Vera, and Rocky all recognize one of the men sitting at the table. Mr. Keller, their last employer, is seated next to a more distinguished gentleman. Mr. Keller’s eyes light up when he sees the group. ”Good day MARS. I’m glad to see you have all been well.” He gives a bow to everyone, ”I am not here for myself, I simply came to introduce Mr. Sheldon. He and I go way back. He is in a bind and thought of no one better than you guys to assist him.” Mr. Keller gives the floor to the other man. Of about average height, he is not very impressive. The planeness of his features lend themselves to being easily forgettable. Common brown hair, average length, not military. Everything about the man screams normal. Except for the way he is dressed. As if to counter his normally bland features he is weaning a fine business suit cut from what appears to be very expensive cloth. The small gems sparkle on his tie clip, gently refracting light this way and that. His voice is soft but firm, the exact way one would picture a king speaking. ”It is my pleasure to meet the famous MARS. Mr. Keller has spoken very highly about your exploits at his laboratory.” Mr. Sheldon motions for everyone to sit, if they have not already. He then slides a small holo device into the center of the table. ”I would like to hire you for an extended deployment alongside other mercenary forces to act as the primary forward reconnaissance element for the larger force.” As he speaks the image of a military base springs to life. ”I am offering 350,000 UC bi-monthly per person, for three months of your time. That is 2.1 million UC per person. The overall goal of this mission is to protect a research installation from being overrun.” Mr. Sheldon swipes the image aside and a snow covered bunker entrance appears near the base. ”Now, MARS will be tasked with information gathering, recon, and interaction with the five local villages located in the area.” Mr. Sheldon leans back, ”Now I’m sure you are all wondering why. I am a representative of Northern Gun’s intelligence section. This is one of our secret research labs located in a neutral area of what was once Canada. Unfortunately our competitors found it and are going to make an attempt to capture or destroy it. Both outcomes are unacceptable. As NG can not officially sanction operations in this area Mr. Keller will be the middleman for your payments. Now. What are your thoughts and questions.”

Now it has begun...Your Turn...
M.A.R.S. GM / Atlantis GM

"Any problem can be solved with the judicious application of high explosives."

Other Accounts: The Apothecary (AAPS/Spooks AGM); Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks PC); Keiko (H4H PC); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR PC); Hellhound (VR PC)
User avatar
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 292
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:33 am
Location: MARS PC
Contact:

Re: Part I: A Winter Wonderland

Post by Drake »

Perception: 1d100: [71] = 71 /55%
Just in Case: 1d20: [11] = 11 ; 1d100: [92] = 92
Conditions: None.


Drake sits in the chair and listens to the men talk. He writes notes down on a pad of paper, just to keep everything straight. 2.1 million each, that's a definite payday. Drake thinks. Another facility, why am I not surprised.I should stock up on some extra armor suits just in case. Drake thinks as he jots the note down. Once the man finishes his spiel. "Do you know what company is moving in on your facility?" Drake asks the most obvious question. "Will transport to and from be provided?" Drake also asks.
"I hear black and I have no mercy." ~Drake, during the black rage. EP
"The sun persists in rising, so I make myself stand." -Katniss Everdeen
"Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves." ~The First Histories of Man.
User avatar
Jack O'Connell
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu May 13, 2021 8:36 am

Re: Part I: A Winter Wonderland

Post by Jack O'Connell »

Perception 15%: 1d100: [81] = 81
JIC d20: 1d20: [7] = 7
JIC d100: 1d100: [3] = 3

Jack is lounging in the chair next to Drake, picking at his teeth with a toothpick as the suits pitch their job to the group. "Hot damn! It's about time!" Jack thought to himself. He'd spent most of his time learning how things worked around the MARS base, cleaning and stripping down weapons, making sure ammo was plentiful and charged. Typical new guy hazing. Apart from getting to know his new squad and occasional target practice with Jim, it had been pretty slow going. A smile creeps across his face as the suits go into the details of the job.

"Sounds like fun." Jack says rather matter-of-factly.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 158
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Part I: A Winter Wonderland

Post by Salomón »

Perception: d%: [39] = 39 /52%
JIC: 20 1d20: [19] = 19
JIC: 100 d%: [19] = 19

Current Conditions/Effects: None

Sum of All Fears wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:52 pm Date: 2 Nov 111 PA
Time: 1011
Temp: 45 F


As MARS enters the Conference room Minvera, Sam, Jym, Vera, and Rocky all recognize one of the men sitting at the table. Mr. Keller, their last employer, is seated next to a more distinguished gentleman. Mr. Keller’s eyes light up when he sees the group. ”Good day MARS. I’m glad to see you have all been well.” He gives a bow to everyone, ”I am not here for myself, I simply came to introduce Mr. Sheldon. He and I go way back. He is in a bind and thought of no one better than you guys to assist him.” Mr. Keller gives the floor to the other man. Of about average height, he is not very impressive. The planeness of his features lend themselves to being easily forgettable. Common brown hair, average length, not military. Everything about the man screams normal. Except for the way he is dressed. As if to counter his normally bland features he is weaning a fine business suit cut from what appears to be very expensive cloth. The small gems sparkle on his tie clip, gently refracting light this way and that. His voice is soft but firm, the exact way one would picture a king speaking. ”It is my pleasure to meet the famous MARS. Mr. Keller has spoken very highly about your exploits at his laboratory.” Mr. Sheldon motions for everyone to sit, if they have not already. He then slides a small holo device into the center of the table. ”I would like to hire you for an extended deployment alongside other mercenary forces to act as the primary forward reconnaissance element for the larger force.” As he speaks the image of a military base springs to life. ”I am offering 350,000 UC bi-monthly per person, for three months of your time. That is 2.1 million UC per person. The overall goal of this mission is to protect a research installation from being overrun.” Mr. Sheldon swipes the image aside and a snow covered bunker entrance appears near the base. ”Now, MARS will be tasked with information gathering, recon, and interaction with the five local villages located in the area.” Mr. Sheldon leans back, ”Now I’m sure you are all wondering why. I am a representative of Northern Gun’s intelligence section. This is one of our secret research labs located in a neutral area of what was once Canada. Unfortunately our competitors found it and are going to make an attempt to capture or destroy it. Both outcomes are unacceptable. As NG can not officially sanction operations in this area Mr. Keller will be the middleman for your payments. Now. What are your thoughts and questions.”

Now it has begun...Your Turn...
The High Magus listens to the man's proposal without any hint of reaction or emotion crossing his face.

Sounds like a big payday. But, with great reward, great risks are associated.
Jack O'Connell wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:57 am Perception 15%: 1d100: [81] = 81
JIC d20: 1d20: [7] = 7
JIC d100: 1d100: [3] = 3

Jack is lounging in the chair next to Drake, picking at his teeth with a toothpick as the suits pitch their job to the group. "Hot damn! It's about time!" Jack thought to himself. He'd spent most of his time learning how things worked around the MARS base, cleaning and stripping down weapons, making sure ammo was plentiful and charged. Typical new guy hazing. Apart from getting to know his new squad and occasional target practice with Jim, it had been pretty slow going. A smile creeps across his face as the suits go into the details of the job.

"Sounds like fun." Jack says rather matter-of-factly.
Salomón nods and grins at Jack's comment. If only we knew what 'fun' was waiting for us... he thinks.

Clearing his throat and shifting to a more serious tone, the Amaki will speak up:

"I presume you have files of known and/or anticipated threats as well as other intel for us, Mr. Sheldon...?" he will say, echoing some of Drake's question.

Then, shifting in his seat, he asks another pertinent question: "Also, when would the expected deployment period begin?"

High Magi are most effective when able to prepare in advance.

Being one of the "newbies" on this team, Salomón watches and listens to the others to get a better feel for how things operate within M.A.R.S. when it comes to business.
Salomón, High Magus
Important Information
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 243/243
P.P.E.: 252/252
I.S.P.: 73/73


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On:
See the Invisible (via Amulet)
Cannot be touched by any undead inc. vampires (via Amulet)
Sixth Sense
Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Enhanced Senses: Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing: heals damage five times faster than humans

Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:04 pm

Re: Part I: A Winter Wonderland

Post by Twonjym »

Perception: 68% 1d100: [40] = 40
JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 1d100: [99] = 99

Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 80% 1d100: [78] = 78

Twonjym gives Mr. Sheldon a level look, Canada in winter. Oh great. He holds his tongue as the other speak up. Okay, here we go. Time to step up and be the team lead.

Clearing his throat with the sound of gravel tumbling out of a wheel barrow, Twonjym begins, "Given the situation I'm guessing we need to ship out ASAP." He nods to Drake and Salomon, "Details on transport and possible opposition will be needed. If we decide to take the job," he gives Mr. Sheldon a grin, "we'll need to know what other merc teams we'll be working with as well as any units put up by your company, covert or otherwise; how the locals feel about you secret base; what is the housing situation at the site; and why the three month timeline?"

He trails off giving Mr. Sheldon time to answer this first round of questions as he glances at the other team members, prompting them to raise their own questions with a flick of his eyes.
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status
MDC: 134/134

Horror/Awe Factor: 12 (8 as a Gunfighter)
User avatar
Sum of All Fears
Game Master
Posts: 246
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:24 pm

Re: Part I: A Winter Wonderland

Post by Sum of All Fears »

Date: 2 Nov 111 PA
Time: 1020
Temp: 45 F


Mr. Sheldon leans back on the couch in a relaxed manner as the questions begin coming his way. He nods at them all. None of the questions seemed to be out of what the man was expecting. ”Transportation will be provided by Mr. Keller. He has an individual who will get you close. Then ground transportation will be provided to get you to the base itself. I will need you to be on your way in three days time. Housing will be provided on the base itself, and meals provided. However no one will have access to the research facility. I do have additional information on both the other mercenaries you will be working with and your reported resistance. However I will need you to agree to the contract before I can divulge that information.” Mr. Sheldon smiles.

Once the group agrees to the job, Mr. Sheldon will wave his hand again and the image changes to a map of a snow covered tundra. On it MARS can see a small blue box in the center. To the west of the box is a forested area full of what appear to be large pine trees. The tundra extends far into the north with a mountain range on the eastern side. South of the location appears to be a large lake. There are at least 15 villages scattered throughout the map. Mr. Sheldon speaks up, ”The blue box is the facility. The base is surrounding the facility entrance. It’s approximately 800 square meters. The three other groups you will be working with are the Warthogs, led by Commander Stevenson. They are the primary Air combat arm. The heavy ground force is called Snowball, led by Commander Henderson. And finally there is a long range Artillery group called Short Bow. They are led by Commander Hutchinson. Those are the units you will be working with. They have already established their presence at the base. MARS will be the later comers, but they will be expecting you.” Mr. Sheldon pauses briefly to shift the images to the forested area. ”This is the area we expect the hostile forces to amass in. The forest gives them cover and protection. I do not have specific names of your opponents however you should expect a similar compliment to what we are fielding. Expect normal technological resistance with several specialized magical units. Your job is not to eliminate the enemy, the small group here does not have the size to do that. We need you to act as the reconnaissance element to establish a relationship with the surrounding villages, and recon the enemy movements. Engagements with the enemy will happen, but I ask that you only take on what you can, and fall back if the odds seem to not favor you crew. Also to note, only the leaders of the other groups are aware the facility is part of NG. Their subordinates all believe they are working for Mr. Keller. Any other questions I can answer for you?”

And the ball is back in your court...Love the questions, keep them up...
M.A.R.S. GM / Atlantis GM

"Any problem can be solved with the judicious application of high explosives."

Other Accounts: The Apothecary (AAPS/Spooks AGM); Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks PC); Keiko (H4H PC); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR PC); Hellhound (VR PC)
User avatar
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 292
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:33 am
Location: MARS PC
Contact:

Re: Part I: A Winter Wonderland

Post by Drake »

Perception: 1d100: [80] = 80 /55%
Just in Case: 1d20: [9] = 9 ; 1d100: [16] = 16
Conditions: None.

Drake listens to the Mr. Sheldon talk, and waits for the leadership to decide if MARS is taking the job or not. (Assuming we are) Drake listens as Mr. Sheldon divulges more information, taking notes on names and the basic information given. Once Mr. Sheldon opens the floor back up for more questions, Drake thinks for a moment.

"What manner of relationship are we to establish with the local villages, and what are we able to offer them for cooperation?" Drake asks, seeing it as the only real hole in the briefing. I can deal with vague enemies, but not knowing what we're supposed to do about the villages is an issue. Drake thinks as he waits for an answer of some sort.
"I hear black and I have no mercy." ~Drake, during the black rage. EP
"The sun persists in rising, so I make myself stand." -Katniss Everdeen
"Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves." ~The First Histories of Man.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 158
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Part I: A Winter Wonderland

Post by Salomón »

Perception: d%: [66] = 66 /52%
JIC: 20 1d20: [15] = 15
JIC: 100 d%: [96] = 96

Current Conditions/Effects: None

Sum of All Fears wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:35 pm Date: 2 Nov 111 PA
Time: 1020
Temp: 45 F


Mr. Sheldon leans back on the couch in a relaxed manner as the questions begin coming his way. He nods at them all. None of the questions seemed to be out of what the man was expecting. ”Transportation will be provided by Mr. Keller. He has an individual who will get you close. Then ground transportation will be provided to get you to the base itself. I will need you to be on your way in three days time. Housing will be provided on the base itself, and meals provided. However no one will have access to the research facility. I do have additional information on both the other mercenaries you will be working with and your reported resistance. However I will need you to agree to the contract before I can divulge that information.” Mr. Sheldon smiles.

Once the group agrees to the job, Mr. Sheldon will wave his hand again and the image changes to a map of a snow covered tundra. On it MARS can see a small blue box in the center. To the west of the box is a forested area full of what appear to be large pine trees. The tundra extends far into the north with a mountain range on the eastern side. South of the location appears to be a large lake. There are at least 15 villages scattered throughout the map. Mr. Sheldon speaks up, ”The blue box is the facility. The base is surrounding the facility entrance. It’s approximately 800 square meters. The three other groups you will be working with are the Warthogs, led by Commander Stevenson. They are the primary Air combat arm. The heavy ground force is called Snowball, led by Commander Henderson. And finally there is a long range Artillery group called Short Bow. They are led by Commander Hutchinson. Those are the units you will be working with. They have already established their presence at the base. MARS will be the later comers, but they will be expecting you.” Mr. Sheldon pauses briefly to shift the images to the forested area. ”This is the area we expect the hostile forces to amass in. The forest gives them cover and protection. I do not have specific names of your opponents however you should expect a similar compliment to what we are fielding. Expect normal technological resistance with several specialized magical units. Your job is not to eliminate the enemy, the small group here does not have the size to do that. We need you to act as the reconnaissance element to establish a relationship with the surrounding villages, and recon the enemy movements. Engagements with the enemy will happen, but I ask that you only take on what you can, and fall back if the odds seem to not favor you crew. Also to note, only the leaders of the other groups are aware the facility is part of NG. Their subordinates all believe they are working for Mr. Keller. Any other questions I can answer for you?”

And the ball is back in your court...Love the questions, keep them up...
As Mr. Sheldon speaks, Sal will record what he says with his small portable computer, taking notes where needed and ensuring he has the relevant information.

Hmm... "normal technological resistance with several specialized magical units...

"Mr. Sheldon, could you tell us more about these 'specialized magical units' of which you speak? I have worked with several magical units from my time in the Dweomer Defense Forces... perhaps I've dealt with similar opposition before..." he says, leaving the door open for information about any adversaries' use of magic - Sal's primary area of focus.

Three days. Not a lot of time. Will have to get a move on to accomplish preparations.
Salomón, High Magus
Important Information
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 243/243
P.P.E.: 252/252
I.S.P.: 73/73


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On:
See the Invisible (via Amulet)
Cannot be touched by any undead inc. vampires (via Amulet)
Sixth Sense
Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Enhanced Senses: Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing: heals damage five times faster than humans

Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 525
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS
Contact:

Re: Part I: A Winter Wonderland

Post by Rocky »

Perception: 80% 1d100 1d100:
JIC d20: 1d20 / d100: 1d100

Conditions:
OOC Comments
Radiate Nature
o Range: 100' (12' for non-psychics)
o Duration: Constant
Sense Supernatural Evil
o Range: 1100' (+100')
o Duration: Permanent effect
o Identify Type:92% (+2%) 1d100 1d100: [35] = 35
o Track by Psychic Scent: 92% (+5%) 1d100 1d100: [46] = 46
Sense Magic Energy
o Range: 1,900' (+100')
o Duration: Constant
Heightened Presence Sense: 80% (+2%) / 1d100 1d100: [72] = 72
• Range: 70’ (+5’) To pinpoint location of a presence
• Duration: Constant
• Automatically sense all presences
Intangibility

• Can become intangible and walk through solid objects.
• Horror Factor: 14
• Can change to ghost form and back up to 4 times per melee (each such change costs 1 action)
• Can carry 20 lbs. with him
Six Sense
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +6
Magic (varies): +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +2
Non-Lethal Poison (16+):+1
Insanity (12+): +3
Psionics (varies): +3
Horror Factor: +2
Illusions: 0
Battle of Will: 0
Mind Control:+4
Possession: +4

Activated:
Rocky lets the others talk first and get answers, So we’re off to Canada? You Betcha.!
Do you know what company is moving in on your facility?" Drake asks the most obvious question. "Will transport to and from be provided?" Drake also asks.
Good Work Drake!
Details on transport and possible opposition will be needed. If we decide to take the job," he gives Mr. Sheldon a grin, "we'll need to know what other merc teams we'll be working with as well as any units put up by your company, covert or otherwise; how the locals feel about you secret base; what is the housing situation at the site; and why the three month timeline?"

Twonjym, way to ask the tough questions.


Rocky speaks up, “ Sir My name is Rocky. I am one of the Officers of Mars. We will also need to know of the contacts in the village, and how they will contact us. Also, what sensors do you have out there and can we purchase some material form your company ?”

Rocky agrees with this Job and suggest to Samm that they take the job.
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
P.P.E.: 11
I.S.P.: 216
H.P.: 49
S.D.C.: 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’, 76% for precise # and pinpoint location of presence
Duration: constant, auto sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' costant
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' constant
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15
AOI: 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor: Main Body: 35, Forcefield: 70
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:04 pm

Re: Part I: A Winter Wonderland

Post by Twonjym »

Perception: 68% 1d100: [17] = 17
JIC: 1d20: [1] = 1 1d100: [84] = 84

Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 80% 1d100: [51] = 51

Twonjym sighs, Oh Frak. Here we go, off to the frozen north. I guess I'll bring the enviro armor. He gives a little shiver in anticipation of the temperatures that they will be subject to in the coming months.

Jim nods and gives the man a toothy smile, "Well Mr. Sheldon, this does sound like the type of mission MARS was set up to do and unless any of the team has an overwhelming objection, I reckon we're your guys."

Jim listens to the briefing and nods along. Not speaking up right away, he lets a few of the other ask some questions first. After waiting a while Jim speaks up, "Do you think any of your opponents will be teaming up? Also, is there any kind of budget for spreading some good will around the villages? Chances are when the drek hits the fan, we're gonna tear up a good part of the surrounding area and it might be good to have the locals on our side. Might be good to know what tech level the villages are living at and what kinda trade they got coming in from the south. And always a good one to ask, what's their take on d-bees?" His grin deepens for the obvious reason.
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status
MDC: 134/134

Horror/Awe Factor: 12 (8 as a Gunfighter)
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 202
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm
Contact:

Re: Part I: A Winter Wonderland

Post by Minerva »

Perception: 1d100: [13] = 13 /59%
JIC: 1d20: [15] = 15 / 1d100: [35] = 35

When Minerva sees Mr. Keller, she has flashbacks to the awful time spent in that laboratory quelling demons. Surely, that job is done, no? She sits silently, awaiting the briefing from the newcomer, Mr. Sheldon.

"I've never been to Canada. We will keep your secrets safe, Mr. Sheldon. If only because of your nice tie gems. I like a good accessory." Minerva pays attention to the briefing, but it wouldn't be obvious from the bored look on her face. Recon, small skirmishes, potential magical opposition. This should be right up our alley.
Grace Minerva
Ledger
  • I.S.P.: 390
  • H.P.: 109
  • S.D.C.: 177
  • M.D.C.: 286 (during Supernatural Transformation)
Image
User avatar
Sum of All Fears
Game Master
Posts: 246
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:24 pm

Re: Part I: A Winter Wonderland

Post by Sum of All Fears »

Date: 2 Nov 111 PA
Time: 1011
Temp: 45 F

Mr. Sheldon keeps his attention on MARS as they ask their questions. He answers them in turn.
Drake wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:30 am "What manner of relationship are we to establish with the local villages, and what are we able to offer them for cooperation?" Drake asks, seeing it as the only real hole in the briefing.
Mr. Seldon leans back to answer, ”The manner of the relationship is up to you. We know people live out there and we have coordinates to the villages. If you chose to use them as extra eyes and ears or for some other reasons...well that is entirely up to you.”

Salomón wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:35 pm "Mr. Sheldon, could you tell us more about these 'specialized magical units' of which you speak? I have worked with several magical units from my time in the Dweomer Defense Forces... perhaps I've dealt with similar opposition before..." he says, leaving the door open for information about any adversaries' use of magic - Sal's primary area of focus.
Mr. Sheldon frowns slightly, ”I wish I could. Many mercenary companies have magical units. And some are created for specific jobs only to be disbanded at the completion of their job. However an educated person would be able to use some reasoning to get an idea of what might be out there. Likely there will be some mix of those versed in transport, defense, and combat magics.”
Rocky wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:34 pm Rocky speaks up, “ Sir My name is Rocky. I am one of the Officers of Mars. We will also need to know of the contacts in the village, and how they will contact us. Also, what sensors do you have out there and can we purchase some material form your company ?”
Mr. Sheldon smiles, ”Pleasure to meet you Rocky. The village contacts are kept at the base to ensure operational security. They will be provided to you when you get on site. I don’t know what sensors you are referring to but you can purchase whatever you wish to assist in the completion of this job.”

Twonjym wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:15 pm Jim nods and gives the man a toothy smile, "Well Mr. Sheldon, this does sound like the type of mission MARS was set up to do and unless any of the team has an overwhelming objection, I reckon we're your guys."

Jim listens to the briefing and nods along. Not speaking up right away, he lets a few of the other ask some questions first. After waiting a while Jim speaks up, "Do you think any of your opponents will be teaming up? Also, is there any kind of budget for spreading some good will around the villages? Chances are when the drek hits the fan, we're gonna tear up a good part of the surrounding area and it might be good to have the locals on our side. Might be good to know what tech level the villages are living at and what kinda trade they got coming in from the south. And always a good one to ask, what's their take on d-bees?" His grin deepens for the obvious reason.
Mr. Sheldon leans forward slightly, ”I do believe they have ‘teamed up’ as you say. Whoever is on the other side of this has been able to create a coalition to rival our own. To your question about spreading cash to the villages, there will be operational funds for such activities. However they are also located on the base. So you will not have access to them until you are on site. Your point of contact for that will be Gram Fasted. He controls most of the money on the base. He also runs a shop there for any additional equipment you may need once you are on the base. As far as tech level it's generally low. They are mostly just people trying to survive like the rest of us. They are likely armed well enough to protect themselves from general predators. As far as their disposition to D-Bee’s we don’t know. We only marked their location to ensure we were able to avoid them when making trips to the previously secret facility. MARS will have the first interactions with these people.” Mr. Sheldon looks around for a moment. ”If you have no other questions, then I will take my leave to let you get ready for the job."
Mr. Keller also stands, ”Thank you again for having us. Best of luck on your new job. I hope this one is easier than your last one.” Mr. Keller bows before him and Mr. Sheldon are escorted out, leaving MARS to discuss their next job.


Post all prep work, purchases, mechanical tinkering, TW creation, and other stuff HERE.


Please RP the next three days...
M.A.R.S. GM / Atlantis GM

"Any problem can be solved with the judicious application of high explosives."

Other Accounts: The Apothecary (AAPS/Spooks AGM); Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks PC); Keiko (H4H PC); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR PC); Hellhound (VR PC)
User avatar
Vera Morozov
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat May 09, 2020 12:48 pm

Re: Part I: A Winter Wonderland

Post by Vera Morozov »

Perception: 1d100: [66] = 66 / 47%
JiC d100: 1d100: [100] = 100 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [10] = 10
Constant Effects
Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (+2 if religious or fearful of angels)
Language Translator: Auto-Translates languages at 98.7% accuracy, 70% accuracy for 3-6 speakers. Knows 10 most common languages.
Amplified Hearing: Can hear almost inaudible sounds up to 360 feet away; can track by sound as a skill at 50%.
Passive Nightvision: Nightvision using ambient light out to 2,000' (Range increased to 6,000' when used with telescopic sight)
Light Filters: Reduces glare.
Sound Filters: Diminishes potentially damaging sounds.
Lung with Gas Filter and Oxygen Storage: Can breathe w/out air for up to 2 hours; immune to toxic gases, 94% chance nerve and poison gas do nothing.
Vera listens silently, standing as she did in the last briefing to the side. She makes a mental list of things to note, and while she has some questions, they are quickly answered by her teammates or she figures out on her own, primarily regarding bionic maintenance. It is likely they will have some facilities for this number of mercenaries, there must be some with augmentation, even regarding how primitive the practice here still is. Doubtful they could repair anything outside of my additional armor without a specialist like Sam or Hazel. Luckily the former will be coming with us, at the least, I'm sure between all else she can get some quick repairs in when needed.

Once their employers leave, Vera turns to Jym. "Three days, yes? Seems like not much time to get things prepared. I think it would be good to read up some on this Canada, да? See if there are any natural or supernatural threats to be concerned of besides the mercenaries? Perhaps an extra suit or two of armor would do well." She looks to Salomón.

"I do not have many defenses against magic, I do not think. Is there anything you could make in these days that could provide some general protections, if possible?" She frowns slightly.
Magic is quite varied. I don't know if something like this is possible, or if a solution could be reliable against broad enough situations to be useful.
Vera Morozov
A Russian Angelus ex Machina!
M.D.C.

N-F40A Heavy Force Field
  • Force Field M.D.C.: 110/110
L1-B1 Light Infantry Armor
  • Main Body: 150/150 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm: 20/20 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm: 20/20 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg: 35/35 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg: 35/35 M.D.C.
  • Head: 15/15 M.D.C.
  • -5% to Physical skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing, Gymnastics, Pick Pockets, Prowl, and Swimming.
M.D.C. by Location
  • Head - 150/150 M.D.C. with Helmet
  • Main Body - 290/290 M.D.C.
  • Right Hand - 30/30 M.D.C.
  • Left Hand - 30/30 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm - 90/90 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm - 90/90 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg - 120/120 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg - 120/120 M.D.C.
  • Right Foot - 65/65 M.D.C.
  • Left Foot - 65/65 M.D.C.
  • Right Wing - 175/175 M.D.C.
  • Left Wing - 175/175 M.D.C.
  • Main Rear Jets (3; small) - 40/40 each
  • Lower Maneuvering Jets (3; even smaller) - 25/25 each
  • Wing Mini-Missiles (8; self-launch) - 15/15 M.D.C. each
  • Concealed Forearm Lasers (2; 1 per arm) - 10/10 M.D.C. each
Weapons & Attacks
Hand-to-Hand Combat:
  • Claw Strike - 3D4 M.D.
  • Head Butt - 2D4 M.D.
  • Restrained Punch - 1D4 M.D.
  • Full Strength Punch - 2D6 M.D.
  • Power Punch - 4D6 M.D.
  • Kick - 2D6 M.D. +2D6 M.D. from the Vibro-Blade damage.
  • Flying Leap Kick or Power Dive (feet first) - Does 1D6x10 - Special effect, see character sheet for details.

Vibro-Scythe: 4D6 M.D. (+2 from W.P. Polearm); Range: Melee or 600' when thrown.
Vibro-Scythe Ion Blaster: 2D6 or 4D6 M.D.; Range: 1,200'; Payload: 28/30, rechargeable via cable to cyborg power supply, or half by E-Clip (15 shots).
Concealed Forearm Lasers: 1D6 M.D. for single, 2D6 M.D. for dual blast (counts as one melee action); Range: 1,600'; Payload: Effectively Unlimited
Giant-Sized Vibro-Blades: 1d4x10 M.D.; Range: Melee
Wing Mini-Missiles: AP Missiles 1D4x10 M.D., Plasma Missiles 1D6x10 M.D.; Can fire one at a time, or in volleys of two or four; Range: 1 mile; Payload: 8/8, 4 AP and 4 Plasma. - Not Present at Moment.
Constant Effects
Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (+2 if religious or fearful of angels)
Language Translator: Auto-Translates languages at 98.7% accuracy, 70% accuracy for 3-6 speakers. Knows 10 most common languages.
Amplified Hearing: Can hear almost inaudible sounds up to 360 feet away; can track by sound as a skill at 50%.
Passive Nightvision: Nightvision using ambient light out to 2,000' (Range increased to 6,000' when used with telescopic sight)
Light Filters: Reduces glare.
Sound Filters: Diminishes potentially damaging sounds.
Lung with Gas Filter and Oxygen Storage: Can breathe w/out air for up to 2 hours; immune to toxic gases, 94% chance nerve and poison gas do nothing.
User avatar
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 292
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:33 am
Location: MARS PC
Contact:

Re: Part I: A Winter Wonderland

Post by Drake »

Perception: 1d100: [57] = 57 /55%
Just in Case: 1d20: [4] = 4 ; 1d100: [41] = 41
Conditions: None.

Drake pockets his notepad, and watches the client's leave. "Well that was vague, but I've had to work with less." Drake says before getting up from the table. Better check my gear and pick up a few spare suits of armor for replacements. Drake thinks, as he leaves the meeting room. Drake once again makes his way to his room, grabbing the open beer bottle near the chair he left just outside the door. Drake makes short work of the bottle as he grabs his coat and bike keys. Drake is on the road, soon thereafter, heading into Merctown to make more purchases.

Drake is gone a few hours, before he rides back into the complex with several packages attached to his bike. Drake will spend the rest of the first day packing his gear for efficiency. The second and third days are spent relaxing, helping if someone needs it.
"I hear black and I have no mercy." ~Drake, during the black rage. EP
"The sun persists in rising, so I make myself stand." -Katniss Everdeen
"Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves." ~The First Histories of Man.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 158
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Part I: A Winter Wonderland

Post by Salomón »

Perception: d%: [56] = 56 /52%
JIC: 20 1d20: [10] = 10
JIC: 100 d%: [32] = 32

Current Conditions/Effects (check signature):

Sum of All Fears wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:58 pm Date: 2 Nov 111 PA
Time: 1011
Temp: 45 F

Mr. Sheldon keeps his attention on MARS as they ask their questions. He answers them in turn.
Salomón wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:35 pm "Mr. Sheldon, could you tell us more about these 'specialized magical units' of which you speak? I have worked with several magical units from my time in the Dweomer Defense Forces... perhaps I've dealt with similar opposition before..." he says, leaving the door open for information about any adversaries' use of magic - Sal's primary area of focus.
Mr. Sheldon frowns slightly, ”I wish I could. Many mercenary companies have magical units. And some are created for specific jobs only to be disbanded at the completion of their job. However an educated person would be able to use some reasoning to get an idea of what might be out there. Likely there will be some mix of those versed in transport, defense, and combat magics.”
The Amaki nods. "Sounds like standard units then - nothing out of the ordinary. Thank you," he says simply to Mr. Sheldon.

At least it won't be something we're entirely unfamiliar with... unless the intel is wrong he thinks.
Vera Morozov wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:01 am Perception: 1d100: [66] = 66 / 47%
JiC d100: 1d100: [100] = 100 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [10] = 10


Once their employers leave, Vera turns to Jym. "Three days, yes? Seems like not much time to get things prepared. I think it would be good to read up some on this Canada, да? See if there are any natural or supernatural threats to be concerned of besides the mercenaries? Perhaps an extra suit or two of armor would do well." She looks to Salomón.

"I do not have many defenses against magic, I do not think. Is there anything you could make in these days that could provide some general protections, if possible?" She frowns slightly.[/i]
The High Magus smiles broadly. "Indeed, I can help with that. I can make an Amulet for you that will give you general proof against magic. It will not make you immune by any means, but will bolster your resistance to it while you wear it. I can also create Talismans as we discussed previously, to help protect you. In your case, I might recommend something like a Talisman of Armor of Ithan, which creates a magic suit of protection which would last 5 minutes and give you resistance to fire and cold, or even a Talisman of Invulnerability, which creates a form fitting energy field with similar protective qualities, but also provides immunity to cold, fire, and all energy attacks, disease, poisons, toxins, gases, drugs, a very strong resistance to magic and psychic attacks and even fear. The catch is that it only lasts just over one minute, so that's the trade off. I could even make a Talisman of Superior Invisibility that would make you impossible to detect by any mundane means - even thermal vision - so long as you don't make any hostile moves. Any one of these is possible in the allotted time, in addition to the Amulet," he says to the Shocktrooper.

"That goes for anyone present - let me know what you would like, and I will see if I can accommodate your request in the time we have."
Salomón, High Magus
Important Information
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 243/243
P.P.E.: 252/252
I.S.P.: 73/73


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On:
See the Invisible (via Amulet)
Cannot be touched by any undead inc. vampires (via Amulet)
Sixth Sense
Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Enhanced Senses: Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing: heals damage five times faster than humans

Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 202
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm
Contact:

Re: Part I: A Winter Wonderland

Post by Minerva »

Perception: 1d100: [28] = 28 /59%
JIC: 1d20: [10] = 10 / 1d100: [29] = 29

"Definitely an extra suit of armor. Good call, Vera." Minerva calls over to Beckett. "Quantum, do you have time to assist me in bringing my armors up to code by installing those forcefields I purchased before our last mission? There's a bottle of wine in it for you."


Day one:
Minerva starts the day with some rigorous exercise, mental and physical. She spends time in the armory organizing her equipment and deciding what she is going to take with her and what will be left behind.
Last time was all lasers. We need some variety. Some spice, if you will.


Day two:
Minerva goes on a long run around MercTown, her crimson flowing locks making a streak across the vision of many citizens. When she gets back to base, she spends the day chatting with Salomon as he works his magic.
"I knew I recognized that accent! You are from my home! I am of the Achilles Republic."


Day three:
Minerva focuses on packing up all of the gear she will be bringing with her. Making sure to pack multiple sets of armor for the long trip, as well as a variety of weapons.
Grace Minerva
Ledger
  • I.S.P.: 390
  • H.P.: 109
  • S.D.C.: 177
  • M.D.C.: 286 (during Supernatural Transformation)
Image
User avatar
Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:04 pm

Re: Part I: A Winter Wonderland

Post by Twonjym »

Perception: 68% 1d100: [41] = 41
JIC: 1d20: [12] = 12 1d100: [32] = 32


Twonjym relaxes a bit as their clients depart, then gives a deep sigh, "Well. It looks like I'll be wearing my new EBA most of the time up there. Hell, I wasn't looking forward to winter here and now we're signed up to go further north." He grins around at everyone else.

When Sal mentions his ability to make amulets and talismans again, Jim's grin widens, "Unless you can whip up some protection against the cold, I'm sure I could use just about anything you can make, and I'll appreciate the assistance."

Jim looks around the hodge podge of team members that sat in on the meeting, "Folks, looks we we got ourselves a job and you got three days to prep for it, so don't go sitting around here. Unless you're like me a spent up most of your cash after that last op." He gives a chuckle, Most is right, but I might have enough for something else if I can think of it before its time to ship out.

Spotting Jack, he looks over at the man, "Hey Jack, take a look around the group gear. If you see something useful, feel free to check it out. And I actually do have a little pool of funds left after my last gear run, so if there's something you think you'll need on this run and you need to borrow just give me a holler. Same goes for you too Sal." He gives the other man a wave with a large hand just to make sure Sal heard him as well.
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status
MDC: 134/134

Horror/Awe Factor: 12 (8 as a Gunfighter)
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 158
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Part I: A Winter Wonderland

Post by Salomón »

**rolls held**

The High Magus will return from his time at the Collegiate Arcane with his newly created magic items in tow. As he is sorting everything out and preparing to deliver them to the group, he speaks aloud to himself in Spanish.

Minerva comes by and the two chat:
Minerva wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:27 pm
Day two:
Minerva goes on a long run around MercTown, her crimson flowing locks making a streak across the vision of many citizens. When she gets back to base, she spends the day chatting with Salomon as he works his magic.
"I knew I recognized that accent! You are from my home! I am of the Achilles Republic."
The Amaki blinks for a moment as her words sink in, and his eyes grow wide with understanding as he places the magic items down and focuses solely on Minerva:

¡Otra persona de Sudamérica! Y no muy lejos de Nueva Babilonia, ¡ella es de la República de Aquiles!

"¡Verdaderamente! ¡No me hubiera imaginado un encuentro casual con alguien de la misma área que yo, aquí, en MercTown! ¿Eres de la República de Aquiles? Eso no está lejos de mi hogar, soy un Amaki de Nueva Babilonia, es posible que ya hayas reconocido mi raza.

Conocí a varios habitantes de la República cuando crecí en Nueva Babilonia. Muchos eran animales mutantes, pero pareces muy humano. ¿Qué hiciste en la República de Aquiles?" he replies as his eyes light up with interest.


Translations
Another person from South America! And not far from New Babylon, she is from the Achilles Republic!

"Truly! I would not have imagined a chance encounter with someone from the same area as me, here, in MercTown! You are from the Achilles Republic? That is not far from my home at all - I am an Amaki from New Babylon - you may have recognized my race already.

I met several inhabitants from the Republic when I grew up in New Babylon. Many were mutant animals, but you look very human. What did you do in the Achilles Republic?"



Twonjym wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:46 pm Twonjym relaxes a bit as their clients depart, then gives a deep sigh, "Well. It looks like I'll be wearing my new EBA most of the time up there. Hell, I wasn't looking forward to winter here and now we're signed up to go further north." He grins around at everyone else.

When Sal mentions his ability to make amulets and talismans again, Jim's grin widens, "Unless you can whip up some protection against the cold, I'm sure I could use just about anything you can make, and I'll appreciate the assistance."
SKILL ROLL
Lore: D-Bee (recognize Jym's aversion to cold and other Grack characteristics outside of common knowledge) ---> d%: [37] = 37 / 47%

The Magus frowns. "I wish I did, because I'm aware of the Grack aversion to cold climates, but I don't have the ability of which you speak - Warlocks do, and they're the elemental specialists. Maybe I can research and duplicate the effect when we return from the mission?" he says hopefully.

As he thinks of it, the Amaki sighs and muses out loud: "You know - you'd think someone would have come up with a simple Protection from the Elements incantation by now. We can summon otherworldly creatures, create natural and even ley line storms out of thin air, restore life to the deceased, and tear open the dimensional fabric of reality - but we can't even come up with a simple protective magic that keeps one safe from the elements?" he exclaims, half out of frustration and half from sympathetic understanding at Twonjym's plight.

I really should get to work on that... maybe when we get back, I can research it... Warlocks might be a good starting point he thinks to himself.
OOC Comments
This really is a pretty glaring oversight on Palladium's part... it should be a very simple spell for any general caster to use, with Warlocks getting a better version with longer duration, lower cost, etc.

Twonjym wrote:Jim looks around the hodge podge of team members that sat in on the meeting, "Folks, looks we we got ourselves a job and you got three days to prep for it, so don't go sitting around here. Unless you're like me a spent up most of your cash after that last op." He gives a chuckle, Most is right, but I might have enough for something else if I can think of it before its time to ship out.

Spotting Jack, he looks over at the man, "Hey Jack, take a look around the group gear. If you see something useful, feel free to check it out. And I actually do have a little pool of funds left after my last gear run, so if there's something you think you'll need on this run and you need to borrow just give me a holler. Same goes for you too Sal." He gives the other man a wave with a large hand just to make sure Sal heard him as well.
The Amaki nods at Jym. "Very considerate and kind of you, Twonjym. I'll be sure to take a look at the group gear and let you know if there's anything I need for this mission," he says.

Not sure I'll want to borrow the funds, but let's see...
Salomón, High Magus
Important Information
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 243/243
P.P.E.: 252/252
I.S.P.: 73/73


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On:
See the Invisible (via Amulet)
Cannot be touched by any undead inc. vampires (via Amulet)
Sixth Sense
Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Enhanced Senses: Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing: heals damage five times faster than humans

Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Sum of All Fears
Game Master
Posts: 246
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:24 pm

Re: Part I: A Winter Wonderland

Post by Sum of All Fears »

Date: 5 Nov 111 PA
Time: 0900
Temp: 15 F, Light Snow


The morning finally comes. MARS has been working in preparation for leaving today. With all final checks completed MARS stages down by the group's vehicles. The same man who took them to the KIT facility months ago is waiting outside for MARS. He opens a rift large enough to admit all of MARS’s vehicles and personnel. He nods silently as you all pass through.

As you pass through everyone not in an EBA is hit with a massive temperature drop. Snow lightly falls through the air as MARS finds themselves in a small outpost in what was once northern Michigan. The proximity of the great lakes adds a crispness to the air. The outpost is also a dock. Before MARS can really take in the place a woman in a fluffy parka with a snowflake emblem, comes jogging up to them. ”You must be MARS. Mr. Keller sent word you were coming. I’m Sergeant Dyllan.” She motions for them to follow her. She guides them to a loading area for a large ship where she motions for everyone to exit their vehicles. Once everyone is out she gathers them around. ”Ok. We will be loading everyone up for a short boat ride across the water. We can’t take the land route as it was taken over by the Xiticx to the west. The water is as safe as we could make it. Please take all orders from myself during the trip. I will be your guide until I can deliver you all to FOB Snowball. Do you guys have any questions? If not then let's get you all loaded onto the ship.” MARS can see a large naval vessel ahead of them with a ramp leading to a storage bay. Sergeant Dyllan will answer any questions you guys have.

Your Turn...
M.A.R.S. GM / Atlantis GM

"Any problem can be solved with the judicious application of high explosives."

Other Accounts: The Apothecary (AAPS/Spooks AGM); Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks PC); Keiko (H4H PC); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR PC); Hellhound (VR PC)
User avatar
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 292
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:33 am
Location: MARS PC
Contact:

Re: Part I: A Winter Wonderland

Post by Drake »

Perception: 1d100: [66] = 66 /55%
Just in Case: 1d20: [14] = 14 ; 1d100: [12] = 12
Conditions: None.
Hit Points: 40/40
S.D.C.: 87/87
P.P.E.: 27/27
I.S.P.: 31/31

Cyber Armor
A.R.: 16
M.D.C. by Location:
Shoulders (2): 12 each.
Back/Shoulder Blades (2): 19 each.
Forearms (2): 14 each.
Thighs/Upper Legs (2): 19 each.
Chest Plate: 60

NG-EX10 Gladius Light Exo-Skeleton Battle Armor Main Body: 180/180
Armored M.D.C. “Tank” Trench Coat Main Body: 50/50
N-F40A Heavy Force Field: 110/110


Drake rolls his bike through the portal, it doesn't seem to phase the man in the least, but it's hard to tell with his face encompassing helmet on. More portals... ugh. Drake thinks as he rides through it to the other side. Once on the other side, Drake pulls off to the side and waits for the others to come through, a watchful eye on things, though to him everything seems safe enough.

When Sgt. Dyllan motions for the group to join her, Drake turns off his bike leans it on it's kick stand and gets off. The whole process fluid and practiced at this point. Drake listens to Sgt. Dyllan's speech and nods accordingly. "Seems easy enough." Drake says before making his way back to his bike to lead it into the ship. Once it's stowed, Drake joins the others leaning against a bulkhead.
"I hear black and I have no mercy." ~Drake, during the black rage. EP
"The sun persists in rising, so I make myself stand." -Katniss Everdeen
"Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves." ~The First Histories of Man.
User avatar
Vera Morozov
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat May 09, 2020 12:48 pm

Re: Part I: A Winter Wonderland

Post by Vera Morozov »

Perception: 1d100: [3] = 3 / 47%
JiC d100: 1d100: [31] = 31 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [7] = 7
Constant Effects
Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (+2 if religious or fearful of angels)
Language Translator: Auto-Translates languages at 98.7% accuracy, 70% accuracy for 3-6 speakers. Knows 10 most common languages.
Amplified Hearing: Can hear almost inaudible sounds up to 360 feet away; can track by sound as a skill at 50%.
Passive Nightvision: Nightvision using ambient light out to 2,000' (Range increased to 6,000' when used with telescopic sight)
Light Filters: Reduces glare.
Sound Filters: Diminishes potentially damaging sounds.
Lung with Gas Filter and Oxygen Storage: Can breathe w/out air for up to 2 hours; immune to toxic gases, 94% chance nerve and poison gas do nothing.
Vera gives the mage a simple nod as the greet him, knowing the quiet fellow would prefer to would prefer to work without her inexpert input.
Did us well to get us to the previous mission. His talent with rifts is impressive. I think.
She will go through without worry.

She takes in the cold air appreciatively, less for the feeling of it on what remains of her that can feel such things well, but more for the nostalgia it gives her of her time back in her home lands. She takes a few seconds to enjoy the moment before heading onward. She takes in Sgt. Dyllan's words quietly, following with her group without comment for the moment.

Once aboard the vessel, however, she asks of the Sergeant, "Xiticix? I am afraid I have little dealings with them. Are they a major threat in this area? I suppose they must be of some concern if they cut off our land route." While her Gromeko was a wonder with helping her to deal with demons, threats outside of Russia were of a lesser concern to her teachers and designers.
Vera Morozov
A Russian Angelus ex Machina!
M.D.C.

N-F40A Heavy Force Field
  • Force Field M.D.C.: 110/110
L1-B1 Light Infantry Armor
  • Main Body: 150/150 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm: 20/20 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm: 20/20 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg: 35/35 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg: 35/35 M.D.C.
  • Head: 15/15 M.D.C.
  • -5% to Physical skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing, Gymnastics, Pick Pockets, Prowl, and Swimming.
M.D.C. by Location
  • Head - 150/150 M.D.C. with Helmet
  • Main Body - 290/290 M.D.C.
  • Right Hand - 30/30 M.D.C.
  • Left Hand - 30/30 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm - 90/90 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm - 90/90 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg - 120/120 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg - 120/120 M.D.C.
  • Right Foot - 65/65 M.D.C.
  • Left Foot - 65/65 M.D.C.
  • Right Wing - 175/175 M.D.C.
  • Left Wing - 175/175 M.D.C.
  • Main Rear Jets (3; small) - 40/40 each
  • Lower Maneuvering Jets (3; even smaller) - 25/25 each
  • Wing Mini-Missiles (8; self-launch) - 15/15 M.D.C. each
  • Concealed Forearm Lasers (2; 1 per arm) - 10/10 M.D.C. each
Weapons & Attacks
Hand-to-Hand Combat:
  • Claw Strike - 3D4 M.D.
  • Head Butt - 2D4 M.D.
  • Restrained Punch - 1D4 M.D.
  • Full Strength Punch - 2D6 M.D.
  • Power Punch - 4D6 M.D.
  • Kick - 2D6 M.D. +2D6 M.D. from the Vibro-Blade damage.
  • Flying Leap Kick or Power Dive (feet first) - Does 1D6x10 - Special effect, see character sheet for details.

Vibro-Scythe: 4D6 M.D. (+2 from W.P. Polearm); Range: Melee or 600' when thrown.
Vibro-Scythe Ion Blaster: 2D6 or 4D6 M.D.; Range: 1,200'; Payload: 28/30, rechargeable via cable to cyborg power supply, or half by E-Clip (15 shots).
Concealed Forearm Lasers: 1D6 M.D. for single, 2D6 M.D. for dual blast (counts as one melee action); Range: 1,600'; Payload: Effectively Unlimited
Giant-Sized Vibro-Blades: 1d4x10 M.D.; Range: Melee
Wing Mini-Missiles: AP Missiles 1D4x10 M.D., Plasma Missiles 1D6x10 M.D.; Can fire one at a time, or in volleys of two or four; Range: 1 mile; Payload: 8/8, 4 AP and 4 Plasma. - Not Present at Moment.
Constant Effects
Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (+2 if religious or fearful of angels)
Language Translator: Auto-Translates languages at 98.7% accuracy, 70% accuracy for 3-6 speakers. Knows 10 most common languages.
Amplified Hearing: Can hear almost inaudible sounds up to 360 feet away; can track by sound as a skill at 50%.
Passive Nightvision: Nightvision using ambient light out to 2,000' (Range increased to 6,000' when used with telescopic sight)
Light Filters: Reduces glare.
Sound Filters: Diminishes potentially damaging sounds.
Lung with Gas Filter and Oxygen Storage: Can breathe w/out air for up to 2 hours; immune to toxic gases, 94% chance nerve and poison gas do nothing.
User avatar
Jack O'Connell
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu May 13, 2021 8:36 am

Re: Part I: A Winter Wonderland

Post by Jack O'Connell »

Even from within his sealed suit, Jack is fully aware of the drop in temperature as he steps through the portal, rifle in hand. He takes a moment to walk around a bit before heading back to where the group is gathered.

"Hot damn! We sure as hell ain't in Arizona no more, compadres. Jack huddles up with the rest of the squad and cocks his head to one side at the mention of the water being "safe." 'Scuse me, ma'am. But just what do you mean by safe as you can make it? Is it snow croc season or somethin'?"
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 158
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Part I: A Winter Wonderland

Post by Salomón »

Perception: d%: [17] = 17 /52%
JIC: 20 1d20: [16] = 16
JIC: 100 d%: [87] = 87

Current Conditions/Effects (check signature):
Salomón currently has a 500 P.P.E. Energy Sphere (basketball-sized) hovering over his shoulder with a duration of 9 days
See the Invisible (always active due to Amulet of See the Invisible)
Salomón cannot be touched by any undead, including vampires, zombies, or mummies (always active due to Amulet of Turn the Undead.


Before M.A.R.S. embarks on their journey, the High Magus will convene a meeting with them and distribute various magic items to the team, explain how they work, and answer any questions about them.

To Twonjym: "Jym, for you, I have a See the Invisible Amulet. As long as you wear it, it is active, and it will allow you to see anything invisible just like the spell. I also made you a Talisman of Power Weapon. Remember, it only has 3 uses until it needs to be recharged, which can only be done by myself, and I'll need a Ley Line or a massive amount of magic energy to do so. Enjoy!"

Jym's magical gifts
Talisman of Power Weapon x3
Image
Talisman
Magic Features
  • As the spell Power Weapon (5th level)[/url])
  • Charges: 3

Book Reference: p.150, BoM


See the Invisible Amulet
Image
Uncommon Amulet
Magic Effect:
  • Enables the wearer of the medallion to see the invisible (200')

Curse: (if any)
History: (if any)
To Vera: "Vera, my Russian Shocktrooper friend, I made you a Charm Amulet. It will add a measure of protection against magic and psychic attacks, provided you are wearing it, and does not require activation - it's always active. As you seem to be built for front line combat, I also made you a Talisman of Invulnerability, which will provide massive resistance to any sort of fear, magic, or psychic attack, plus complete immunity to energy attacks, cold, drugs, gases, poisons, disease, and the like - and a form-fitting aura that provides some physical protection as well, about as much as a standard suit of body armor. The catch is that it doesn't last very long... just over a minute... so make it count! Just as with Jym's Talisman, it has three uses before needing a recharge, which can be done only by me, and I will need a large amount of magical energy to do so, like a Ley Line or something similar. I hope these keep you safe!"

Vera's magical gifts
Charm Amulet
Image
Uncommon Amulet
Magic Effect:
  • +1 to save versus magic and psychic attacks

Curse: (if any)
History: (if any)


Talisman of Invulnerability (1 as ring)
Image
Talisman
Magic Features
  • Invulnerability
  • M.D.C.: 50, appears as form-fitting glowing aura
  • Impervious to cold, fire, all energy attacks, disease, drugs, gases, energy, poison, and toxins
  • +10 vs magic, psionics, & horror factor
  • Duration: 5 melees
  • Charges: 3

Book Reference: p.150, BoM
To Jack: "Jack my friend - first face I met at M.A.R.S., I have some things for you too. First - you also get a See the Invisible Amulet, just like Jym's, so nothing can sneak up on you in the field. Also, because you mentioned staying hidden during sniper activities, I made you the Talisman of Invisibility Superior we talked about, which will allow you to be undetectable to any means of detection save the See the Invisible spell or ability. This means infrared, thermal optics, motion detectors - even an animal's sense of smell won't pick you up. You won't make footprints, and it even makes you very quiet when moving. The catch is that it only protects you as long as you aren't making a hostile move - once you do that, the spell breaks immediately. Great for scouting or moving undetected, or those situations where you have to make a hasty exit. Once you activate it, it will last for almost twenty minutes. You get three activations, just like the others, before it needs recharging, which can only be done by me and I'll need a powerful magic energy source to do so. Enjoy!"

Jack's magical gifts
See the Invisible Amulet
Image
Uncommon Amulet
Magic Effect:
  • Enables the wearer of the medallion to see the invisible (200')

Curse: (if any)
History: (if any)


Talisman of Invisibility: Superior
Image
Talisman
Magic Features
  • As per Spell Invisibility Superior (6th Level)
  • Charges: 3

Book Reference: p.116, BoM
To Minerva: "Minerva, my friend from the same land as I - I present to you an Amulet of Turn the Undead. So long as you wear it, it will act as proof against all undead, including mummies, zombies, and vampires. They will be unable to touch you, and it is always active. In addition, I present to you this Talisman of Sorcerous Fury. When activated, it will make you a living storm of destructive magical power - you will float above the ground, transform into a powerful mega-damage being glowing with electrified magical blue energy rippling around you, able to throw powerful magical lightning bolts at will at your foes, and a burst of magical combat prowess to match. Any who behold your Sorcerous Fury will be struck with fear, and you will regenerate damage to your mega-damage body every 15 seconds or so. This power will last for up to 5 minutes. Beware, however, that this great power has a cost: you will be consumed by anger, revenge, and destructive impulses... completely beyond reasoning and only wanting to hurt and destroy anything and everyone who gets in your way. You will desire nothing but combat... any other ability or skill will not even enter the picture, and you will have no regard for friends, any code of ethics, or any other consideration- as I said, you will be a living storm of magical destruction! That said, using this Talsiman may very well turn the tide of a losing battle in the other direction- just be aware of the potential costs."

He will then say to her in Spanish: "Tenga mucho cuidado cuando decida usar esto, amigo. El poder es grande, pero el costo potencial también lo es. Úselo solo en emergencias."

Translation
Be very careful when you decide to use this, my friend. The power is great, but the potential cost is as well. Use only in emergencies.
Minerva's magical gifts
Turn the Undead Amulet
Image
Uncommon Amulet
Magic Effect:
  • Prevents any undead from physically touching the wearer while they wear or hold the amulet.

Curse: (if any)
History: (if any)


Talisman of Sorcerous Fury
Image
Talisman
Magic Features
  • As per Spell Sorcerous Fury.
  • Charges: 3

Book Reference: p.124, BoM
To Sir Oliver Drake: "We haven't been able to talk much, but I am now the team's resident magical guru, as it were. From what I do know of you, you are a fierce foe of demons. I would like to help you with this by presenting to you this Talisman of Magic-Adrenal Rush, which will give you a magical burst of combat prowess and toughness that puts a juicer to shame - without the nasty chemical addiction and destruction of your body that a juicer conversion would entail. It will last for about a minute and a half, and you will feel drained and weak for a few minutes after using it, but it just may provide you the extra boost you need to finish a fight."

Sir Oliver Drake's magical gift

Talisman of Magic Adrenal Rush
Image
Talisman
Magic Features
  • As per spell Magical Adrenal Rush. (6th Level)
  • Charges: 3

Book Reference: p.122, BoM
To Rocky: "Rocky, since you mentioned armor, I have for you a Talisman of Invincible Armor. It's not quite as 'invincible' as the name implies, but still provides a means of magical protection. It even looks like a set of translucent plate armor, including a full helmet. It also slowly regenerates damage to itself and offers complete environmental protection, so you'll be protected from heat, cold, disease, polllution, toxins, and have an independent oxygen supply as long as it lasts, which is about 15 minutes. As a bonus, all energy attacks are resisted - the armor deflects about half their damage, and it also absorbs any catastrophic damage to you before disappearing. This means that even were you to be targeted and hit by a volley of CS missiles, your Invincible Armor would absorb all of the destructive power before disappearing. The downside to this magical force armor is that it's cumbersome, and will make you a bit less graceful, as a suit of plate armor would, of course. As with the others, you are limited to three charges, only I can recharge the Talisman, and I would need a ley line or some other generous source of magic energy to do so. Enjoy!"

Rocky's magical gift
Talisman of Invincible Armor
Image
Talisman
Magic Features
  • Invincible Armor
  • Charges: 3

Book Reference: p.150, BoM
To all: "I hope you get good use from these items. There are more where they came from, as the saying goes, should you need them in the future and we have time and a suitable location for me to prepare them. Remember, each Talisman has three uses only until it will require me to recharge it, and I'll need a suitable magic energy source to do so. Provided I have that available, it would only take a few minutes at most to recharge a Talisman. The amulets are perpetually active - as long as you wear it, it works. I also made everyone a Fire Globe," he says, and distributes them among the group.


Every character will get one Fire Globe with a 5 week duration on it.
Fire Globe
Range: Touch; appears above the open palm of the mage's hand. Can be thrown 200 feet
Damage: 5D6 M.D. at the moment of impact and 5D6 additional M.D. per melee round.
Duration: Stored as a globe for one week per level of the spell caster, but burns out within 1D4 minutes after it is activated.
Saving Throw: None.
P.P.E.: Forty
This is a unique spell similar to the Fire Blossom, only in this case, the mage creates a portable globe containing a magical fire. The globe is about the size of a grapefruit and flickers as if a fire burns inside (which it does), but no heat or significant amount of light radiates from it. Consequently, the globe can be held and put in a bag or backpack without fear of starting a fire. The fire does not burn until activated by the mage or the recipient of the Fire Globe (it can be created and given to another as a gift). To activate, the character must throw the globe while wishing it to ignite or damage whatever it hits. Upon impact, the fire inside erupts like napalm, covering the surface body of its target in flame. It burns without combustibles (wood, rags, coal, etc.) for 1D4 minutes and then vanishes. The magic fire burns for 1D4 minutes or until extinguished. It can be put out magically, or by rolling around in dirt or being covered in dirt, sand, or other substance to smother the flame. The use of water to extinguish the fire hurts, creates steam and inflicts 2D6 M.D. (scalding) before the fire is extinguished. If placed on or stoked with combustibles, these items will immediately catch fire and continue to burn after the magic fire vanishes.


Then, as an afterthought: "A word of caution - these magical items are not keyed to your individual identities, so anyone who obtains them can use them just as you could... so don't just hand them out to people whom you do not know and trust."

Sal will then answer any questions and explain in detail how any of his magical gifts work if asked.

Sal will also store many of his scrolls in his room at the HQ before the group leaves, and take the ones he thinks might be useful on their trip (changes marked on sheet and in group room).
Sum of All Fears wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:56 pm Date: 5 Nov 111 PA
Time: 0900
Temp: 15 F, Light Snow


The morning finally comes. MARS has been working in preparation for leaving today. With all final checks completed MARS stages down by the group's vehicles. The same man who took them to the KIT facility months ago is waiting outside for MARS. He opens a rift large enough to admit all of MARS’s vehicles and personnel. He nods silently as you all pass through.

As you pass through everyone not in an EBA is hit with a massive temperature drop. Snow lightly falls through the air as MARS finds themselves in a small outpost in what was once northern Michigan. The proximity of the great lakes adds a crispness to the air. The outpost is also a dock. Before MARS can really take in the place a woman in a fluffy parka with a snowflake emblem, comes jogging up to them. ”You must be MARS. Mr. Keller sent word you were coming. I’m Sergeant Dyllan.” She motions for them to follow her. She guides them to a loading area for a large ship where she motions for everyone to exit their vehicles. Once everyone is out she gathers them around. ”Ok. We will be loading everyone up for a short boat ride across the water. We can’t take the land route as it was taken over by the Xiticx to the west. The water is as safe as we could make it. Please take all orders from myself during the trip. I will be your guide until I can deliver you all to FOB Snowball. Do you guys have any questions? If not then let's get you all loaded onto the ship.” MARS can see a large naval vessel ahead of them with a ramp leading to a storage bay. Sergeant Dyllan will answer any questions you guys have.

Your Turn...
The High Magus steps through the portal - a routine thing for him, so nothing new (though he is impressed by the size of it). When the cold air hits him, he thinks Good thing I brought my winter clothing. His magic armor is helpful, but not "environmental", per se, so he was sure to put on his warm clothes for the journey to the north.

Sal follows the group's lead and listens to the Sergeant. "No questions here, Sergeant," replies the High Magus when asked. He will take in the scenery, such as it is, along the journey to their final destination in this winter wonderland.
Salomón, High Magus
Important Information
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 243/243
P.P.E.: 252/252
I.S.P.: 73/73


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On:
See the Invisible (via Amulet)
Cannot be touched by any undead inc. vampires (via Amulet)
Sixth Sense
Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Enhanced Senses: Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing: heals damage five times faster than humans

Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 202
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm
Contact:

Re: Part I: A Winter Wonderland

Post by Minerva »

Perception: 1d100: [23] = 23 /59%
JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4 / 1d100: [6] = 6
Salomón wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:24 am To Minerva: "Minerva, my friend from the same land as I - I present to you an Amulet of Turn the Undead. So long as you wear it, it will act as proof against all undead, including mummies, zombies, and vampires. They will be unable to touch you, and it is always active. In addition, I present to you this Talisman of Sorcerous Fury. When activated, it will make you a living storm of destructive magical power - you will float above the ground, transform into a powerful mega-damage being glowing with electrified magical blue energy rippling around you, able to throw powerful magical lightning bolts at will at your foes, and a burst of magical combat prowess to match. Any who behold your Sorcerous Fury will be struck with fear, and you will regenerate damage to your mega-damage body every 15 seconds or so. This power will last for up to 5 minutes. Beware, however, that this great power has a cost: you will be consumed by anger, revenge, and destructive impulses... completely beyond reasoning and only wanting to hurt and destroy anything and everyone who gets in your way. You will desire nothing but combat... any other ability or skill will not even enter the picture, and you will have no regard for friends, any code of ethics, or any other consideration- as I said, you will be a living storm of magical destruction! That said, using this Talsiman may very well turn the tide of a losing battle in the other direction- just be aware of the potneital costs."

He will then say to her in Spanish: "Tenga mucho cuidado cuando decida usar esto, amigo. El poder es grande, pero el costo potencial también lo es. Úselo solo en emergencias."

Translation
Be very careful when you decide to use this, my friend. The power is great, but the potential cost is as well. Use only in emergencies.
"Salomón! ¡Eres demasiado bueno! Un verdadero hombre de Silver River. Me aferraré a estos con mucho cariño y cautela. Gracias de nuevo, hermano."
Translation
"Salomón! You are too kind! A true Silver River man. I will hold on to these dearly and cautiously. Thank you again, brother."

With most of her items packed on the transport, Minerva follows Drake on her Black Talon motorcycle. Coming to a halt when they reach the dock, Minerva lifts her visor to acknowledge Sergeant Dyllan. "Minerva. To meet you is a pleasure." She looks to Jym as if to ask Is that the phrase? When the time comes, she loads herself on to the boat and watches from the deck as the ship cuts through the water. She finds Jack and asks "Careening across a lake in snowfall. Makes you think about the beauty of life, no?" Seems like a nice man. I hope he's also as good a killer as he says. We'll need that coming up.
Grace Minerva
Ledger
  • I.S.P.: 390
  • H.P.: 109
  • S.D.C.: 177
  • M.D.C.: 286 (during Supernatural Transformation)
Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 525
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS
Contact:

Re: Part I: A Winter Wonderland

Post by Rocky »

Perception: 80% 1d100 1d100: [88] = 88
JIC d20: 1d20 1d20: [9] = 9 / d100: 1d100: [56] = 56

Conditions:
OOC Comments
OOC Comments
Radiate Nature
o Range: 100' (12' for non-psychics)
o Duration: Constant
Sense Supernatural Evil
o Range: 1100' (+100')
o Duration: Permanent effect
o Identify Type:92% (+2%) 1d100 1d100: [35] = 35
o Track by Psychic Scent: 92% (+5%) 1d100 1d100: [46] = 46
Sense Magic Energy
o Range: 1,900' (+100')
o Duration: Constant
Heightened Presence Sense: 80% (+2%) / 1d100 1d100: [72] = 72
• Range: 70’ (+5’) To pinpoint location of a presence
• Duration: Constant
• Automatically sense all presences
Intangibility

• Can become intangible and walk through solid objects.
• Horror Factor: 14
• Can change to ghost form and back up to 4 times per melee (each such change costs 1 action)
• Can carry 20 lbs. with him
Six Sense
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +6
Magic (varies): +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +2
Non-Lethal Poison (16+):+1
Insanity (12+): +3
Psionics (varies): +3
Horror Factor: +2
Illusions: 0
Battle of Will: 0
Mind Control:+4
Possession: +4

Activated
To Rocky: "Rocky, since you mentioned armor, I have for you a Talisman of Invincible Armor. It's not quite as 'invincible' as the name implies, but still provides a means of magical protection. It even looks like a translucent plate armor, including a full helmet. It also slowly regenerates damage to itself and offers complete environmental protection, so you'll be protected from heat, cold, disease, pollution, toxins, and have an independent oxygen supply as long as it lasts, which is about 15 minutes. As a bonus, all energy attacks are resisted - the armor deflects about half their damage, and it also absorbs any catastrophic damage to you before disappearing. This means that even were you to be targeted and hit by a volley of CS missiles, your Invincible Armor would absorb all of the destructive power before disappearing. As with the others, you are limited to three charges, only I can recharge the Talisman, and I would need a ley line or some other generous source of magic energy to do so. Enjoy!" The amulets are perpetually active - as long as you wear it, it works. I also made everyone a Fire Globe," he says, and distributes them among the group.
Rocky Responds, “Got it, and thank you!” Rocky puts the talisman on. And takes the Fire Globe.

Rocky is in his PA, Hauling his spare armor and other gear if there is no big ride. Got to stay protected.
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
P.P.E.: 11
I.S.P.: 216
H.P.: 49
S.D.C.: 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’, 76% for precise # and pinpoint location of presence
Duration: constant, auto sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' costant
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' constant
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15
AOI: 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor: Main Body: 35, Forcefield: 70
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:04 pm

Re: Part I: A Winter Wonderland

Post by Twonjym »

Perception: 68% 1d100: [67] = 67
JIC: 1d20: [10] = 10 1d100: [33] = 33


Twonjym nods his thank to Sal as the man passes out the magical items he created, stowing them on his person as he gathers all the other things he's bringing into the great white north.

When the time comes, Twonjym drives up to the portal in his knock off command car, Pepe sitting in the passenger seat. The back seat is loaded up with what mission gear he has decided to bring along. Jim eyes the rift as he drives through, I don't think I'll ever get used to that. Guess that's how my people ended up here though.

As they snow falls and slides across the faceplate of his armor, Jim chuckles, "Yup. I'll be staying in this EBA as much as I can for the next three months." He drives the car to where ever he's directed to and climbs out. Turning back to his Robo-wolf he says, "Pepe, keep an eye on our stuff while I see what our guide has to say." He then gathers with the others and listens to Sergeant Dyllan's introduction.

After her brief speach Jim says, "You're the boss Sergeant. Just let us know what to do and how we can help."
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status
MDC: 134/134

Horror/Awe Factor: 12 (8 as a Gunfighter)
User avatar
Vera Morozov
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat May 09, 2020 12:48 pm

Re: Part I: A Winter Wonderland

Post by Vera Morozov »

Salomón wrote:To Vera: "Vera, my Russian Shocktrooper friend, I made you a Charm Amulet. It will add a measure of protection against magic and psychic attacks, provided you are wearing it, and does not require activation - it's always active. As you seem to be built for front line combat, I also made you a Talisman of Invulnerability, which will provide massive resistance to any sort of fear, magic, or psychic attack, plus complete immunity to energy attacks, cold, drugs, gases, poisons, disease, and the like - and a form-fitting aura that provides some physical protection as well, about as much as a standard suit of body armor. The catch is that it doesn't last very long... just over a minute... so make it count! Just as with Jym's Talisman, it has three uses before needing a recharge, which can be done only by me, and I will need a large amount of magical energy to do so, like a Ley Line or something similar. I hope these keep you safe!"
Vera nods at the given explanation, following along rather easily. "
Thank you.
These will be quite useful if we run into any of their spellcasting units, or any other magical threats that may be roaming about. I will be sure to use my skills to return the favor."
She gives him a smile with that. Возможно, есть способ объединить эту магию с моей кибернетикой. Я предполагаю, что это было бы сложно, иначе военачальник наверняка уже понял бы это и попытался бы сделать это в больших масштабах к настоящему времени. Тем не менее, путь, к которому нужно стремиться. Возможно, в будущем я смогу помочь ему написать сценарий с помощью моей каллиграфии. Это то, что должны делать маги.
Translation
Perhaps there is a way to integrate these magics with my cybernetics? I imagine it would be difficult, else surely a Warlord would have already figured it out and attempted to do so on a large scale by now. Still, an avenue to pursue. Perhaps I can help him write script in the future with my calligraphy? Is that a thing that mages need to do?
Vera Morozov
A Russian Angelus ex Machina!
M.D.C.

N-F40A Heavy Force Field
  • Force Field M.D.C.: 110/110
L1-B1 Light Infantry Armor
  • Main Body: 150/150 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm: 20/20 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm: 20/20 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg: 35/35 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg: 35/35 M.D.C.
  • Head: 15/15 M.D.C.
  • -5% to Physical skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing, Gymnastics, Pick Pockets, Prowl, and Swimming.
M.D.C. by Location
  • Head - 150/150 M.D.C. with Helmet
  • Main Body - 290/290 M.D.C.
  • Right Hand - 30/30 M.D.C.
  • Left Hand - 30/30 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm - 90/90 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm - 90/90 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg - 120/120 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg - 120/120 M.D.C.
  • Right Foot - 65/65 M.D.C.
  • Left Foot - 65/65 M.D.C.
  • Right Wing - 175/175 M.D.C.
  • Left Wing - 175/175 M.D.C.
  • Main Rear Jets (3; small) - 40/40 each
  • Lower Maneuvering Jets (3; even smaller) - 25/25 each
  • Wing Mini-Missiles (8; self-launch) - 15/15 M.D.C. each
  • Concealed Forearm Lasers (2; 1 per arm) - 10/10 M.D.C. each
Weapons & Attacks
Hand-to-Hand Combat:
  • Claw Strike - 3D4 M.D.
  • Head Butt - 2D4 M.D.
  • Restrained Punch - 1D4 M.D.
  • Full Strength Punch - 2D6 M.D.
  • Power Punch - 4D6 M.D.
  • Kick - 2D6 M.D. +2D6 M.D. from the Vibro-Blade damage.
  • Flying Leap Kick or Power Dive (feet first) - Does 1D6x10 - Special effect, see character sheet for details.

Vibro-Scythe: 4D6 M.D. (+2 from W.P. Polearm); Range: Melee or 600' when thrown.
Vibro-Scythe Ion Blaster: 2D6 or 4D6 M.D.; Range: 1,200'; Payload: 28/30, rechargeable via cable to cyborg power supply, or half by E-Clip (15 shots).
Concealed Forearm Lasers: 1D6 M.D. for single, 2D6 M.D. for dual blast (counts as one melee action); Range: 1,600'; Payload: Effectively Unlimited
Giant-Sized Vibro-Blades: 1d4x10 M.D.; Range: Melee
Wing Mini-Missiles: AP Missiles 1D4x10 M.D., Plasma Missiles 1D6x10 M.D.; Can fire one at a time, or in volleys of two or four; Range: 1 mile; Payload: 8/8, 4 AP and 4 Plasma. - Not Present at Moment.
Constant Effects
Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (+2 if religious or fearful of angels)
Language Translator: Auto-Translates languages at 98.7% accuracy, 70% accuracy for 3-6 speakers. Knows 10 most common languages.
Amplified Hearing: Can hear almost inaudible sounds up to 360 feet away; can track by sound as a skill at 50%.
Passive Nightvision: Nightvision using ambient light out to 2,000' (Range increased to 6,000' when used with telescopic sight)
Light Filters: Reduces glare.
Sound Filters: Diminishes potentially damaging sounds.
Lung with Gas Filter and Oxygen Storage: Can breathe w/out air for up to 2 hours; immune to toxic gases, 94% chance nerve and poison gas do nothing.
User avatar
Sum of All Fears
Game Master
Posts: 246
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:24 pm

Re: Part I: A Winter Wonderland

Post by Sum of All Fears »

Date: 5 Nov 111 PA
Time: 0945
Temp: 15 F, Light Snow

Jack O'Connell wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:09 pm "Hot damn! We sure as hell ain't in Arizona no more, compadres. Jack huddles up with the rest of the squad and cocks his head to one side at the mention of the water being "safe." 'Scuse me, ma'am. But just what do you mean by safe as you can make it? Is it snow croc season or somethin'?"
Sergeant Dyllan smiles at the comment from Jack, ”Not so much. There can be some nasty creatures lurking in the depths of the waters here. Our teams have taken care of those we could find. No guarantees in this life though.” She gives Jack a wink.

MARS finds the ship to be a good sized cargo vessel more than capable of holding all their equipment. Leaving their equipment in the cargo bay they make their way to the main deck to observe their travel across the lake. It is obvious to MARS they are the only passengers on this ship. Sergeant Dyllan waves to the bridge and the ship begins to pull out from the docks. It is a relatively smooth ride across the water. MARS is lucky as the lake is quite calm resulting in a very relaxing and scenic trip. Well, Mostly. About half way across the lake, MARS notices they are being flanked by several military boats. They have Snowflake markings on them. They seem to be an escort. About 5 miles away from MARS, everyone can see another cargo ship off in the distance. Suddenly the ship seems to be engulfed in churning water and writhing tentacles. Several large explosions are witnessed. Half of the escort ships peel off and head for the other ship. The remainder of the trip is uneventful and forty-five minutes later MARS is unloading their equipment from the boat.
”See no need to worry. Here,” Sergeant Dyllan punches in the coordinates to the base in everyone's navigation devices, ”Just in case we get separated for any reason I have provided you all with the coordinates to the Forward Operating Base or FOB.”

Sergeant Dyllan skillfully guides MARS through the endless featureless white landscape of Canada to FOB Snowball. The FOB is quite large. 800 meters squared. Several anti-air/ground stations at the corners of the base wall and over the three main entry points. All the buildings appear to be reinforced and look very militarized. MARS can see troops of different mercenary Companies conducting Physical training, Maintenance and other things. MARS is led to a large building with lots of antennas on it. It is near the Eastern Gate. Sergeant Dyllan leads MARS into a conference room full inside the building where three other people are waiting. MARS recognizes the individuals as the leaders of the three other Mercenary companies. The Man with a snowflake emblem on his jacket speaks first, ”Thank you Sergeant Dyllan. You may go. MARS allow me to welcome you to FOB Snowball. I am Commander Henderson. Before we begin, would you like any coffee? I know the cold can be unforgiving for some.” Commander Henderson motions to a large pot of coffee at the back of the room.

Your Turn...
M.A.R.S. GM / Atlantis GM

"Any problem can be solved with the judicious application of high explosives."

Other Accounts: The Apothecary (AAPS/Spooks AGM); Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks PC); Keiko (H4H PC); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR PC); Hellhound (VR PC)
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 158
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Part I: A Winter Wonderland

Post by Salomón »

Perception: d%: [65] = 65 /52%
JIC: 20 1d20: [11] = 11
JIC: 100 d%: [3] = 3

Current Conditions/Effects (check signature):
Salomón currently has a 500 P.P.E. Energy Sphere (basketball-sized) hovering over his shoulder with a duration of 9 days
See the Invisible (always active due to Amulet of See the Invisible)
Salomón cannot be touched by any undead, including vampires, zombies, or mummies (always active due to Amulet of Turn the Undead).


Minerva wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:44 am "Salomón! ¡Eres demasiado bueno! Un verdadero hombre de Silver River. Me aferraré a estos con mucho cariño y cautela. Gracias de nuevo, hermano."
Translation
"Salomón! You are too kind! A true Silver River man. I will hold on to these dearly and cautiously. Thank you again, brother."
The High Magus awkwardly bows, unsure of how to respond to such a gracious acceptance. Nonetheless, he is pleased to be developing a relationship with his South American sister, as it were. Although not from the Silver River Republics as she is, he decides to let it pass for now, opting to correct the record later down the road as as not to spoil the moment.

Rocky wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:04 pmRocky Responds, “Got it, and thank you!” Rocky puts the talisman on. And takes the Fire Globe.
"No problem sir, looking forward to working with you," says the Magus sincerely.

Vera Morozov wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:18 pm Vera nods at the given explanation, following along rather easily. "
Thank you.
These will be quite useful if we run into any of their spellcasting units, or any other magical threats that may be roaming about. I will be sure to use my skills to return the favor."
She gives him a smile with that.
Sal replies, "My pleasure. Oh, one more thing - if you activate the Invulnerability Talisman, and you take enough fire to break through the magic aura of protection, you still get the other benefits, such as immunity to energy attacks, extreme resistance to psychic and magic attacks, and the like... for the duration of the activation. Again, it's only a minute, but that minute might be all you need."

He nods at the towering 'borg and returns the smile.

I know of a magic spell, though I have not learned it yet, that could also completely mask her sonic signature. Combining this Globe of Silence with Invisibility: Superior could make her a veritable stealth engine of destruction... at least in her approach. I'll have to check into that spell when I get back he thinks.

Jack O'Connell wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:09 pm "Hot damn! We sure as hell ain't in Arizona no more, compadres. Jack huddles up with the rest of the squad and cocks his head to one side at the mention of the water being "safe." 'Scuse me, ma'am. But just what do you mean by safe as you can make it? Is it snow croc season or somethin'?"
Sal grins at Jack's comment as well. Man has a sense of humor, and seems likeable enough. Hope he's as good a shot as he seems to imply he thinks to himself.

Sum of All Fears wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:26 pm Date: 5 Nov 111 PA
Time: 0945
Temp: 15 F, Light Snow


MARS finds the ship to be a good sized cargo vessel more than capable of holding all their equipment. Leaving their equipment in the cargo bay they make their way to the main deck to observe their travel across the lake. It is obvious to MARS they are the only passengers on this ship. Sergeant Dyllan waves to the bridge and the ship begins to pull out from the docks. It is a relatively smooth ride across the water. MARS is lucky as the lake is quite calm resulting in a very relaxing and scenic trip. Well, Mostly. About half way across the lake, MARS notices they are being flanked by several military boats. They have Snowflake markings on them. They seem to be an escort. About 5 miles away from MARS, everyone can see another cargo ship off in the distance. Suddenly the ship seems to be engulfed in churning water and writhing tentacles. Several large explosions are witnessed. Half of the escort ships peel off and head for the other ship. The remainder of the trip is uneventful and forty-five minutes later MARS is unloading their equipment from the boat.
When the Amaki sees the tentacles, he immediately thinks of his Summon Sea Serpents spell, and wonders if he made a mistake by not preparing it in advance. Fortunately, no tentacles appear to interfere with MARS' vessel.
Sum of All Fears wrote:Sergeant Dyllan punches in the coordinates to the base in everyone's navigation devices, ”Just in case we get separated for any reason I have provided you all with the coordinates to the Forward Operating Base or FOB.”

Sergeant Dyllan skillfully guides MARS through the endless featureless white landscape of Canada to FOB Snowball. The FOB is quite large. 800 meters squared. Several anti-air/ground stations at the corners of the base wall and over the three main entry points. All the buildings appear to be reinforced and look very militarized. MARS can see troops of different mercenary Companies conducting Physical training, Maintenance and other things.
The High Magus is actually a bit relieved to see the military base and all the companies training and doing their thing. It reminds him of his time in the Dweomer Defense Forces - an experience he recalls fondly.
Sum of All Fears wrote:MARS is led to a large building with lots of antennas on it. It is near the Eastern Gate.
Sergeant Dyllan leads MARS into a conference room full inside the building where three other people are waiting. MARS recognizes the individuals as the leaders of the three other Mercenary companies. The Man with a snowflake emblem on his jacket speaks first, ”Thank you Sergeant Dyllan. You may go. MARS allow me to welcome you to FOB Snowball. I am Commander Henderson. Before we begin, would you like any coffee? I know the cold can be unforgiving for some.” Commander Henderson motions to a large pot of coffee at the back of the room.
"Thank you, Commander," replies the Amaki to Cdr. Henderson as he pours himself some coffee out of the pot. He briefly considers the possibility of turning some of the FOB's water supply into wine as a prank, but decides against it and pushes the thought from his mind... though a smile does creep up on his face when he has the thought.

Sal will await the presentation/discussion from Cdr. Henderson with the others.
Salomón, High Magus
Important Information
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 243/243
P.P.E.: 252/252
I.S.P.: 73/73


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On:
See the Invisible (via Amulet)
Cannot be touched by any undead inc. vampires (via Amulet)
Sixth Sense
Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Enhanced Senses: Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing: heals damage five times faster than humans

Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:04 pm

Re: Part I: A Winter Wonderland

Post by Twonjym »

Perception: 68% 1d100: [24] = 24
JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20 1d100: [96] = 96

Conditions
See the Invisible: 200'
Twonjym nods his thanks to Sergeant Dyllan as she is dismissed.
”... MARS allow me to welcome you to FOB Snowball. I am Commander Henderson. Before we begin, would you like any coffee? I know the cold can be unforgiving for some.”
Jim grins and pops open the faceplate on his Titan EBA, "Many thanks. My kind don't normally come this far north." He finds the largest mug or cup that he can get and fills it to the top. Sipping on it he makes his way to the conference table and takes a seat, if he can find a chair that will fit him.

Turning back to Commander Henderson, he nods with the warm cup in his hands, Something tells me I didn't really think this thing through with the cold. He takes a deep breath before saying, "I reckon this here base is your baby given it shares a name with your team. Are Commander Stevenson and Commander Hutchinson gonna join us as well? And of course we'll need all the recon material you have up to this point so we can work out what areas we need to scout first."

As he waits for a reply from Henderson, Jim looks to the others of his team, his grim tipping to one side as he pulls the steaming cup of coffee away and says, "Don't everybody go a speak up all at once, this ain't no grammar school class."
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status
MDC: 134/134

Horror/Awe Factor: 12 (8 as a Gunfighter)
User avatar
Vera Morozov
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat May 09, 2020 12:48 pm

Re: Part I: A Winter Wonderland

Post by Vera Morozov »

Perception: [roll]1d100[/roll] / 47%
JiC d100: [roll]1d100[/roll]; JiC d20: [roll]1d20[/roll]
Constant Effects
Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (+2 if religious or fearful of angels)
Language Translator: Auto-Translates languages at 98.7% accuracy, 70% accuracy for 3-6 speakers. Knows 10 most common languages.
Amplified Hearing: Can hear almost inaudible sounds up to 360 feet away; can track by sound as a skill at 50%.
Passive Nightvision: Nightvision using ambient light out to 2,000' (Range increased to 6,000' when used with telescopic sight)
Light Filters: Reduces glare.
Sound Filters: Diminishes potentially damaging sounds.
Lung with Gas Filter and Oxygen Storage: Can breathe w/out air for up to 2 hours; immune to toxic gases, 94% chance nerve and poison gas do nothing.
Vera watches quietly as the other cargo ship is attacked. She flexes her wings, and her jets warm up, but she makes no active attempt to fly over and help.
I would do little against such a threat. I hope our escorts are able to help, and do well if all that is left to do is search and rescue.


During the forty-five minutes, Vera takes the time to double-check her gear, as well as practice a touch of her calligraphy. The 'borg still wasn't much good at the fine art, but it helped to keep her mind focused and spent the time well.

After Sergeant Dyllan leaves and coffee is offered, Vera gives a smile, choosing to find a relatively nice place to stand, knowing that most if not all of the chairs within weren't built with individuals of her weight in mind. "
Thank you.
I am used to the cold, but familiarity is not necessarily comfort,"
she says as she takes a half-cup of the drink, sipping it once and hiding a grimace.
I'd prefer the warmth of alcohol to this, but a warm beverage is still such.

Twonjym wrote:Turning back to Commander Henderson, he nods with the warm cup in his hands, Something tells me I didn't really think this thing through with the cold. He takes a deep breath before saying, "I reckon this here base is your baby given it shares a name with your team. Are Commander Stevenson and Commander Hutchinson gonna join us as well? And of course we'll need all the recon material you have up to this point so we can work out what areas we need to scout first."
"I believe," Vera responds with geniality, "The other two here are Stevenson and Hutchinson," she nods slightly to the two other leaders present, "Or at least their representatives, though I should let them speak for themselves, да?"

Turning to address the three team leads, the Angel continues, "I'm sure you've been informed of who we are, but I am Vera, the resident 'borg. As our team lead Jym says, it would be good to have a situation report, once we're ready and settled."
And I've finished and done with this bitter drink.
She glances down at said steaming cup, and slowly takes another draft, emptying the cup, hoping another draws attention away from her as she struggles to swallow it.
Vera Morozov
A Russian Angelus ex Machina!
M.D.C.

N-F40A Heavy Force Field
  • Force Field M.D.C.: 110/110
L1-B1 Light Infantry Armor
  • Main Body: 150/150 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm: 20/20 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm: 20/20 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg: 35/35 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg: 35/35 M.D.C.
  • Head: 15/15 M.D.C.
  • -5% to Physical skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing, Gymnastics, Pick Pockets, Prowl, and Swimming.
M.D.C. by Location
  • Head - 150/150 M.D.C. with Helmet
  • Main Body - 290/290 M.D.C.
  • Right Hand - 30/30 M.D.C.
  • Left Hand - 30/30 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm - 90/90 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm - 90/90 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg - 120/120 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg - 120/120 M.D.C.
  • Right Foot - 65/65 M.D.C.
  • Left Foot - 65/65 M.D.C.
  • Right Wing - 175/175 M.D.C.
  • Left Wing - 175/175 M.D.C.
  • Main Rear Jets (3; small) - 40/40 each
  • Lower Maneuvering Jets (3; even smaller) - 25/25 each
  • Wing Mini-Missiles (8; self-launch) - 15/15 M.D.C. each
  • Concealed Forearm Lasers (2; 1 per arm) - 10/10 M.D.C. each
Weapons & Attacks
Hand-to-Hand Combat:
  • Claw Strike - 3D4 M.D.
  • Head Butt - 2D4 M.D.
  • Restrained Punch - 1D4 M.D.
  • Full Strength Punch - 2D6 M.D.
  • Power Punch - 4D6 M.D.
  • Kick - 2D6 M.D. +2D6 M.D. from the Vibro-Blade damage.
  • Flying Leap Kick or Power Dive (feet first) - Does 1D6x10 - Special effect, see character sheet for details.

Vibro-Scythe: 4D6 M.D. (+2 from W.P. Polearm); Range: Melee or 600' when thrown.
Vibro-Scythe Ion Blaster: 2D6 or 4D6 M.D.; Range: 1,200'; Payload: 28/30, rechargeable via cable to cyborg power supply, or half by E-Clip (15 shots).
Concealed Forearm Lasers: 1D6 M.D. for single, 2D6 M.D. for dual blast (counts as one melee action); Range: 1,600'; Payload: Effectively Unlimited
Giant-Sized Vibro-Blades: 1d4x10 M.D.; Range: Melee
Wing Mini-Missiles: AP Missiles 1D4x10 M.D., Plasma Missiles 1D6x10 M.D.; Can fire one at a time, or in volleys of two or four; Range: 1 mile; Payload: 8/8, 4 AP and 4 Plasma. - Not Present at Moment.
Constant Effects
Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (+2 if religious or fearful of angels)
Language Translator: Auto-Translates languages at 98.7% accuracy, 70% accuracy for 3-6 speakers. Knows 10 most common languages.
Amplified Hearing: Can hear almost inaudible sounds up to 360 feet away; can track by sound as a skill at 50%.
Passive Nightvision: Nightvision using ambient light out to 2,000' (Range increased to 6,000' when used with telescopic sight)
Light Filters: Reduces glare.
Sound Filters: Diminishes potentially damaging sounds.
Lung with Gas Filter and Oxygen Storage: Can breathe w/out air for up to 2 hours; immune to toxic gases, 94% chance nerve and poison gas do nothing.
Post Reply

Return to “M.A.R.S. Adventure Forum”