Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 307
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Post by Selenidaria »

Perception: 1d100 = 92: 92/34% (49% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combination)
Just In Case: 1d100 = 28: 28/ 1d20 = 18: 18
Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense
Current Effects, Other: Impervious to HF (17 minutes, 45 seconds remaining), Machine Ghost (9 minutes remaining)

Selenidaria feels uneasy and intrigued at the same time at the thought of a possibly sentient computer that has access to weapon turrets. Then again, the computer may not even be sentient, but rather being controlled by someone watching us. After thinking that, Sel was unsure as to what was more unsettling. Ecks throws a wrench down the hallway, to which nothing happens. Sel then reminds everyone "None of these systems seem to react to non-living things. The best test to see if the turrets are really down is to send a living person in front of them. For this, I will volunteer." She will then cast upon herself through her power armor Impervious to Energy and Armor of Ithan before bravely striding down the hallway in front of the turrets. If the activate and start firing rail gun rounds which damage her Armor of Ithan, she will immediately retreat back to the safety of the other room.

If she makes it to the door, she will see if it will open for her.
Selenidaria
OOC Comments
HP: 30/30
SDC: 29/30
PPE: 93/155
ISP: 27/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle 18/18 shots

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165
Image
Image
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 417
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Post by Brianna Clarke »

Perception: 1d100 = 85: 85 (88%)
JIC: 1d20 = 12: 12, 1d100 = 61: 61

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: Enhanced (26/36)
Globe of Daylight, PPE: 2, Duration: 18 minutes
Mesi's PPE 86/90 remaining

Brianna looks over at Max and Ecks when he and Nali whisper about hearing metal on metal and thinks. I can't hear that, but I guess they have better hearing than I do. Brianna nods at Nali and offers, ”I could also try going invisible and try running ahead. If someone is watching us on camera, then they would still be able to see me and let me into where the team is and I can try to heal them. “ Brianna pauses, ”But it might not be a good idea to split up from the team.” Brianna looks over at Ecks to see what he thinks of this idea.
Image

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor. Helmet: 50/50, Main Body: 90/90, Arms: 40/40 each, Legs: 50/50 each with N-F20A Medium Force Field (75 MDC) - FF Activated

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 178
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC
Contact:

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Post by Mink »

Perception: 68%/ 1d100 = 16: 16
JIC: 1d20 = 13: 13, 1d100 = 69: 69

Mink also hears the noise of metal on metal and tenses even as Max and Nali sing out about it. She speaks quietly, but loud enough to be heard by the group. "Confirmed, I hear metal on metal in the hallway. I'm willing to take point - my force field and mobility should protect me long enough to engage." She pats a grenade on her utility belt. "Or I can start this party off with a bang. Plasma grenade should do the trick." She thumbs the strap holding it in place and takes in her hand.

Contingency: if she gets a spike on her Sixth Sense, she'll toss the grenade into the hall as long as none of her people are in it.

Potential Initiative: 1d20+7 = 16: 9+6 (Sixth Sense)=22
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
Posts: 854
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC
Contact:

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Post by Ecks »

Perception: 1d100 = 62: 62/85%
JIC: 1d20 = 5: 5/ 1d100 = 52: 52

Brianna mentions turning invisible and going ahead. "That sounds the best we can hope for. We'll cover you."

Ecks readies his weapon in case those things bust through the door, trying to give Brianna cover.

A few rolls just in case.
[ooc] 1d20+7 = 21: 14 damage: Invalid dice code!+10
1d20+7 = 25: 18 damage: Invalid dice code!+10
1d20+7 = 8: 1 damage: Invalid dice code!+10[/ooc]
Ecks
Medals
Image
H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Maximillian O'Malley
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:53 pm

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Post by Maximillian O'Malley »

Perception: 1d100 = 4: 4
JIC: 1d20 = 12: 12
JIC: 1d100 = 27: 27

Max is ready to throw caution to the wind. Sel, Mink and Brianna are ready to head off down the hall. Max takes a cautious position behind them. As Sel readies to enter the hall Max follows just enough to get line of sight on the turrets. If they move Max will engage them and apply covering fire for his team from the safest position he can get to. looks like no grenades yet, damn!
Maximillian O'Malley
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 87&t=16811
perception 34%
N-F20A Medium Force Field: 75 MDC
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 35
• Arms: 14 each
• Legs: 18 each
• Main Body: 30

Always active: Sixth Sense
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 469
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote:Location: ~50 miles inside of Shemarrian Territory. Underground Complex.
Time/Date: 03:43:15(15 seconds has passed); November 23rd, 111PA
Conditions: Stale air, dark with ambient light.
Bri Psionic Modifiers: Enhanced
Mink, Max, Bri and Nali all start by stating potential avenues of approach and barring any direct orders from Ecks has he considers the situation, Sel takes the initiative. After activating both Armor of Ithan and Impervious to Energy, she strolls into the hallway. Though she might not have known it, she feels tension in her shoulders relax as the turrets do indeed seem deactivated as she makes it all the way to the other side of the hallway. Sel also notices a second pair of turrets facing the opposing doorway.

Bri can follow invisibly after Eck's suggestion and moves into the hallway with Sel at the other door. Everyone else slowly filters around the entryway, aware of it being a potential, if not obvious kill zone. Sel notes that the door at the other end of the hallway is lit blue as well and with a simple push of a button, she is able to open the door.

As the door opens, everyone hears a high-pitched and slightly metallic screech that makes everyone with advanced or modified hearing wince. The screech is followed by light and fast padded movement heading straight for them from the other side of the door.

The Hallway and next room is dark, though Max, Mink, Bri and Ecks all see shadows rush towards them. Nali and Sel don't see them until they are right upon Sel, the one who opened the door. Sel feels several heavy impacts against her Armor of Ithan that push her back a couple paces. Though it doesn't break, she knows it won't take much more punishment.


Begin Combat Round 1

GM Note: I will have a map for you today, I have to make it on my laptop and find a place with wifi before I take off.

What are you doing?
[hr][/hr]
[ooc=Butcher's Bill]
  • Ecks: -1 Personal S.D.C. (from falling) ;; -22 M.D.C. from MB of Gladius Exo-Skeleton
    Brianna: -1 Personal S.D.C. (from falling); -2 PPE from Mesi,
    Selenidaria: -1 Personal S.D.C. (from falling), -14PPE ;; -26 M.D.C. from AoI
    Maximillian: -1 Personal S.D.C. (from falling) ;; -8 M.D.C. from MB of Arrow Ride Armor
    Mink: -4 I.S.P. ;;
    Naliyah:
[/ooc]
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Theron Wymond (PFROG B) | Harbinger (PW VR)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Maximillian O'Malley
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:53 pm

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Post by Maximillian O'Malley »

Perception: 1d100 = 50: 50
JIC: 1d20 = 5: 5
JIC: 1d100 = 60: 60
Initiative: 1d20 = 19: 19 =3


Max was focusing on the turrets until Sel opened the door. He saw the motion of the creatures in the dark room.
I dont think she sees that

Max rushes up the hall way past the other team mates to get next to Sel. Max matches step with Sel and extends his gun toting hand up between her side and the wall and opens fire, spraying into the first creature attacking Sel.
"Everyone out of the hall" Max then attempts to retreat with his team mates back.


Action #1: Rushes forward
Action #2: 1d20 = 14: 14+ 7 = 5d6 = 21: 6, 5, 3, 5, 2 MDC
Action #3: 1d20 = 8: 8+ 7 = 5d6 = 21: 5, 1, 5, 6, 4 MDC
Action #4: retreats back down the hall
Maximillian O'Malley
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 87&t=16811
perception 34%
N-F20A Medium Force Field: 75 MDC
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 35
• Arms: 14 each
• Legs: 18 each
• Main Body: 30

Always active: Sixth Sense
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 307
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Post by Selenidaria »

Perception: 1d100 = 43: 43/34% (49% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combination)
Just In Case: 1d100 = 100: 100/ 1d20 = 14: 14
Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense
Current Effects, Other: Impervious to HF (17 minutes, 30 seconds remaining), Machine Ghost (8 minutes 45 seconds remaining), Impervious to Energy (13 minutes 45 seconds remaining), Armor or Ithan (44/70 MDC, 6 minutes 45 seconds remaining)
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 19: 18

Sel is first somewhat surprised, then perturbed at herself for allowing this to happen. With a sigh of exasperation, she snaps out her Skorblade to parry incoming attacks, then casts Carpet of Adhesion twice, once on each of the attackers, making sure not allow any part of herself to come into contact with the enemy coated in her spell while casting it on the other. Once both of them have become stuck, Sel takes a few steps back to get out of their melee range while calling out to the rest of the team "Target the front two last! They can't move!"

[ooc=Note for Nate]I have spoken with Lloyd regarding the casting Carpet of Adhesion on a single target and gotten confirmation that even with the house rules, the spell can be applied to an enemy as described in the spell. I will forward the chat conversation when I log into my other account.[/ooc]

Sel will aim her Thumper Dual Assault Rifle past the front two and fire at the guy just behind them.

[ooc=Selenidaria's Combat Post]Initiative: 19
Actions: 9

Action 1: Draw Sabre Skorblade
Action 2: Cast Carpet of Adhesion on enemy directly in front of me on the right
Action 3: Cast Carpet of Adhesion on enemy directly in front of me on the right
Action 4: Back up and speak
Action 5/6: Aimed shot with Thumper at enemy behind the front row 1d20+3 = 23: 20 CRIT! Damage 2d6 = 9: 5, 4 MD x2 = 18 MD
Action 7/8: Aimed shot with Thumper at enemy behind the front row 1d20+3 = 21: 18 Damage 2d6 = 8: 5, 3 MD
Action 9: Reserved for dodging as needed 1d20+5 = 11: 6

Parries: 1d20+8 = 18: 10, 1d20+8 = 17: 9, 1d20+8 = 14: 6, 1d20+8 = 23: 15, 1d20+8 = 23: 15, 1d20+8 = 28: 20 CRIT!, 1d20+8 = 28: 20 CRIT, 1d20+8 = 22: 14, 1d20+8 = 21: 13[/ooc]
Last edited by Selenidaria on Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Selenidaria
OOC Comments
HP: 30/30
SDC: 29/30
PPE: 93/155
ISP: 27/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle 18/18 shots

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165
Image
Image
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
Posts: 854
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC
Contact:

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Post by Ecks »

Perception: 1d100 = 47: 47/85%
JIC: 1d20 = 4: 4/ 1d100 = 18: 18
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 15: 14

Ecks was at least expecting this to occur. He's not sure if it's better limiting their movement or not, but he rolls with it, hearing Sel's strategy. "I hear you, Sel." he says, bringing the JA-12 up to fire.

Action 1: Fire JA-12 at the 3rd one (not currently stuck) 1d20+7 = 23: 16, Damage: 1d6*10 = 50: 5 +10=60
Action 1: Fire JA-12 at the 3rd one (not currently stuck) 1d20+7 = 22: 15, Damage: 1d6*10 = 60: 6 +10=70
Action 1: Fire JA-12 at the 3rd one (not currently stuck) 1d20+7 = 26: 19, Damage: 1d6*10 = 40: 4 +10=50
Action 1: Fire JA-12 at the 3rd one (not currently stuck) 1d20+7 = 20: 13, Damage: 1d6*10 = 30: 3 +10=40
Action 1: Fire JA-12 at the 3rd one (not currently stuck) CRIT FAILURE 1d20+7 = 8: 1, Damage: 1d6*10 = 10: 1 +10= 20
Action 1: Fire JA-12 at the 3rd one (not currently stuck) 1d20+7 = 26: 19, Damage: 1d6*10 = 40: 4 +10=50
Action 1: Fire JA-12 at the 3rd one (not currently stuck) 1d20+7 = 13: 6, Damage: 1d6*10 = 30: 3 +10=40
Action 1: Fire JA-12 at the 3rd one (not currently stuck) 1d20+7 = 16: 9, Damage: 1d6*10 = 10: 1 +10=20
Action 1: Reserved for dodge 1d20+7 = 17: 10
Ecks
Medals
Image
H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Naliyah
Posts: 121
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:50 pm

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Post by Naliyah »

]Perception: 1d100 = 29: 29/51%
JIC (100): 1d100 = 76: 76
JIC (20): 1d20 = 8: 8

Conditions (at end of post): Ectoplasm (Vapor): 5:30; Eyes of Thoth: 66:45; Naruni FF (5:41:45 remaining; 4 MDC / minute regained)

Combat Post

Initiative: 1d20+3 = 9: 6

Actions (7):
1. Cast Electric Arc (Unless more Things come into view/range, she will target #3 first, then #1 or #2, depending on what is left standing. The intent is to target Thing 1 & 2 last as per Sel's request)
2. Electric Arc @ Thing 1d20+2 = 7: 5 ; damage 2d6 = 8: 5, 3 M.D.
3. Electric Arc @ Thing 1d20+2 = 9: 7 ; damage 2d6 = 8: 5, 3 M.D.
4. Electric Arc @ Thing 1d20+2 = 10: 8 ; damage 2d6 = 9: 6, 3 M.D.
5. Electric Arc @ Thing 1d20+2 = 7: 5 ; damage 2d6 = 9: 5, 4 M.D.
6. Electric Arc @ Thing 1d20+2 = 6: 4 ; damage 2d6 = 5: 2, 3 M.D.
7. Electric Arc @ Thing 1d20+2 = 17: 15 ; damage 2d6 = 5: 3, 2 M.D.

[hr][/hr]
Underguard wrote:
Conditions wrote:Location: ~50 miles inside of Shemarrian Territory. Underground Complex.
Time/Date: 03:43:15(15 seconds has passed); November 23rd, 111PA
Conditions: Stale air, dark with ambient light.
Bri Psionic Modifiers: Enhanced
As the door opens, everyone hears a high-pitched and slightly metallic screech that makes everyone with advanced or modified hearing wince. The screech is followed by light and fast padded movement heading straight for them from the other side of the door.

The Hallway and next room is dark, though Max, Mink, Bri and Ecks all see shadows rush towards them. Nali and Sel don't see them until they are right upon Sel, the one who opened the door. Sel feels several heavy impacts against her Armor of Ithan that push her back a couple paces. Though it doesn't break, she knows it won't take much more punishment.


Begin Combat Round 1
The Shing is relieved when the turrets don't activate, but isn't surprised and expected resistance on the other side of the door when Sel opens it.

As everyone is in a narrow and relatively crowded hallway, and there isn't a lot of room for her to do much from the back. Still, she sees Sel reel from a few blows, and immediately reacts, knowing the Techno-Wizard isn't probably geared to be a punching bag for the sword-armed borg-things.

She won't last long up there...
Sel wrote:"Target the front two last! They can't move!"
"I can only see three- will target number 3 then," replies Nali as she quickly casts Energy Arc and unleashes electrical blasts at the third sword-arm borg-thing.

[ooc=Electric Arc]Range: 30 feet per level of experience.
Duration: One melee round.
Damage: 2D6 M.D.
Saving Throw: Dodge.
P.P.E.: Eight
A simple offensive spell, the Electric Arc causes a crackling bolt of blue energy to leap from the spell caster' s hand(s) to the intended target; point and shoot; +2 to strike.
Each electrical blast counts as one melee attack/action and is limited by the character' s total number of attacks. This means a character with four attacks per melee round uses up one attack to cast the spell, leaving him with three electrical attacks possible that melee round.
While the damage is not great, it is accurate, and is an easy, inexpensive spell to cast.[/ooc]

[hr][/hr]

Contingency

If Naliyah's force field is somehow breached, she will immediate stop whatever she is doing and cast Energy Field around herself.
Naliyah
Current Status
S.D.C.: 93/93
H.P.: 83/83
P.P.E.: 493/493
I.S.P.: 88/88


[ooc=Ley Line and Nexus Point effects]Being Near a Ley line, within two miles, increases the range and duration of spells by 50%.

Being at/on a ley line OR one mile from a nexus point doubles the range, duration, and damage of magic spells. The Mage can also draw an additional 10 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds. Magic spells and effects (damage, range and duration) are doubled. Plus his own P.P.E. recovers at the increased rate of 10 P.P.E. per 1/2 hour, without meditation.

Being at a ley line nexus point or within 200 feet of a nexus point triples the range, duration, and damage of magic spells. The Mage can draw upon 20 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds. The mage gets a +2 to save vs magic and HF. Spell Strength is +1. P.P.E. Recovery Rate is 20 per 1/2 hour without meditation.

Periods of Increased energy at a nexus point. IAW RUE.[/ooc]
Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On:
  • Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (16 when roaring)
  • [ooc=Sixth Sense]Range: 90 feet
    Duration: Until the danger passes or happens. Bonuses apply only to the first melee round of the attack from the source of the sensed danger.
    I.S.P.: 2
    Saving Throw: None.
    The Sixth Sense is a power that gives the psychic a precognitive flash of imminent danger to himself or somebody near him (within 90 feet). The character will not know what the danger is or where it will come from, nor who it will be directed at when in a group. All he knows is that something life threatening will happen within the next 60 seconds (4 melees) ! The Sixth Sense is triggered automatically, without the consent of the psychic, whenever his life is in great peril or the life of somebody he greatly cares about (friend, partner, loved one, etc.).
    The Sixth Sense is only triggered by an unexpected, life threatening event (a trap or ambush is within 90 feet or a flash flood is rushing his way) which is already set into motion and will happen any second. The power can not be called upon at will to sense for traps or ambush. Instead, it works like an automatic reflex. If the character has used all his I.S.P. the Sixth Sense is temporarily rendered inoperative.
    Bonuses: The sudden flash of insight provides the following bonuses.
    All bonuses apply only to the first, initial melee (15 seconds) when the attack/danger occurs. Bonuses are lost in subsequent melee rounds after the danger is revealed.
    +6 on initiative roll, +2 to parry, +3 to dodge and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind.[/ooc]
  • Shing automatically sense supernatural good and evil within a 600' radius

[ooc=Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information]Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +30%
Magic (varies): +8
Lethal Poison (14+): +8
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +8
Insanity (12+): +10
Psionics (as a Major psychic, Naliyah needs a 12 to save): +6
Horror Factor (varies): +4
Effectively impervious to disease
Fatigues at half normal rate[/ooc]
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 417
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Post by Brianna Clarke »

Perception: 1d100 = 54: 54 (88%)
JIC: 1d20 = 15: 15, 1d100 = 74: 74
Initiative: 1d20 = 2: 2
APM: 6

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: Enhanced (26/36)
Globe of Daylight, PPE: 2, Duration: 18 minutes
Mesi's PPE 86/90 remaining

Brianna follows Ecks and figures, for a second, that going invisibly might be the best course of action. However, when they reach the other door and are immediately attacked by more of the metal creatures, Brianna quickly reconsiders. Best save the psychic energies since I can't stay invisible if I'm fighting anything.

Backing up to gives the others room, Brianna pulls her colt revolver and aims it at the unstuck creature, as per Sel's request. If it has already been taken out, Bri will focus on firing on the two metal creatures that are suck on Sel's CoA spell until they are also destroyed

Actions
1. follows Ecks down to the other door.
2. decides to not go invisible and pulls out revolver, backing up
3. fires colt revolver at unstuck creature. Contingency: if it is already destroyed, Brianna focuses on the other two and shoots at them. 1d20+3 = 21: 18, damage: 4d6 = 10: 2, 2, 4, 2
4. Reserved for dodge, if needed. 1d20+3 = 10: 7
5. fires colt revolver at unstuck creature. Contingency: if it is already destroyed, Brianna focuses on the other two and shoots at them. 1d20+3 = 22: 19, damage: 4d6 = 10: 3, 3, 2, 2
6. Reserved for dodge, if needed. 1d20+3 = 13: 10

Auto-parry, if needed.
1d20+3 = 13: 10, 1d20+3 = 4: 1, 1d20+3 = 19: 16, 1d20+3 = 18: 15, 1d20+3 = 17: 14, 1d20+3 = 13: 10
Image

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor. Helmet: 50/50, Main Body: 90/90, Arms: 40/40 each, Legs: 50/50 each with N-F20A Medium Force Field (75 MDC) - FF Activated

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 178
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC
Contact:

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Post by Mink »

Perception: 1d100 = 55: 55/68% SUCCESS
JIC: 1d100 = 33: 33, 1d20 = 4: 4

Mink jets upwards, tucking her legs and making her profile as small as possible near the ceiling. Then she tosses her grenade past the figures in front of their elven companion and begins taking them apart with her wrist mounted particle beam blaster. 'Got to get clear so the others can fire!' "Soon as its remotely clear I'll move forward airborne into the next room. Fire in the hole!" After the first two fall, she will move into the next room and go higher, near that ceiling as well.

Initiative: 1d20+8 = 23: 15
Action 1: Jet into the air to get a better angle and out of easy reach and then toss the grenade past the bad guys so it catches them and anything behind them as well.
  • Pilot Jet Pack: 1d100 = 18: 18/82%
    Strike: 1d20+5 = 17: 12 6d6 = 18: 2, 4, 3, 6, 1, 2 M.D. to a 12 foot area (3.6 m) area
Action 2: Focus Fire on the Third one, then the left in front of Sel, then the right in front of Sel, and then any others (closest first, left then right)
  • Strike: 1d20+7 = 19: 12 1d6*10 = 60: 6 M.D.
Action 3: Focus Fire on the Third one, then the left in front of Sel, then the right in front of Sel, and then any others (closest first, left then right)
  • Strike: 1d20+7 = 21: 14 1d6*10 = 60: 6 M.D.
Action 4: Focus Fire on the Third one, then the left in front of Sel, then the right in front of Sel, and then any others (closest first, left then right)
  • Strike: NAT20! 1d20+7 = 27: 20 1d6*10 = 50: 5x2= 100 M.D.
Action 5: Focus Fire on the Third one, then the left in front of Sel, then the right in front of Sel, and then any others (closest first, left then right)
  • Strike: 1d20+7 = 13: 6 1d6*10 = 40: 4 M.D.
Action 6: Focus Fire on the Third one, then the left in front of Sel, then the right in front of Sel, and then any others (closest first, left then right)
  • Strike: 1d20+7 = 12: 5 1d6*10 = 40: 4 M.D.
Action 7: Focus Fire on the Third one, then the left in front of Sel, then the right in front of Sel, and then any others (closest first, left then right)
  • Strike: 1d20+7 = 24: 17 1d6*10 = 30: 3 M.D.
Action 8: Focus Fire on the Third one, then the left in front of Sel, then the right in front of Sel, and then any others (closest first, left then right)
  • Strike: 1d20+7 = 11: 4 1d6*10 = 20: 2 M.D.
Action 9: Focus Fire on the Third one, then the left in front of Sel, then the right in front of Sel, and then any others (closest first, left then right)
  • Strike: 1d20+7 = 15: 8 1d6*10 = 50: 5 M.D.
Autododges: 1d20+5 = 11: 6, 1d20+5 = 14: 9, NAT 20! 1d20+5 = 25: 20, 1d20+5 = 21: 16, 1d20+5 = 8: 3, 1d20+5 = 12: 7, 1d20+5 = 13: 8, 1d20+5 = 13: 8, 1d20+5 = 10: 5

Additional Piloting Jet Pack Skill Checks (82% Proficiency): 1d100 = 52: 52, 1d100 = 24: 24, 1d100 = 9: 9, 1d100 = 22: 22, 1d100 = 91: 91, 1d100 = 11: 11, 1d100 = 6: 6, 1d100 = 87: 87
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 469
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Post by Underguard »


Last Round's Map for Reference
AAPS Movement 5.png

Conditions wrote:Location: ~50 miles inside of Shemarrian Territory. Underground Complex.
Time/Date: 03:43:30(15 seconds has passed); November 23rd, 111PA
Conditions: Stale air, dark with ambient light.
Bri Psionic Modifiers: Enhanced
Sel immediately dodges another slash towards her as Max runs up to her and fires at the creatures directly, plunging his weapon into their faces. Sel backs up and casts Carpet of Adhesion and successfully traps both of the two in the doorway as the magical tendrils seem to grasp and hold them in place. A high pitched wail is heard when they can't move, like a deafening scream. Sel and Max back up together as Max continues laying his fire down and Sel levels Thumper on the third one she can see.

Meanwhile, Mink engages her jetpack and rises several feet to clear her line of fire and see into the room, allowing the others to move under her as she tosses a plasma grenade into the room beyond. Ecks and Bri move up to share space and provide covering fire for their allies as Sel and Max back out of the hallway while Naliyah sends several electrical arcs down the corridor.

After a few seconds of punishment, Mink's grenade erupts in a flash of fire white light that engulfs the room beyond. When the light subsides, the third target seems to be all but melted from the combined firepower and subsequent grenade. The group coordinates their fire on the two by the door next and with a precision, pick them apart with coordinated fire until they collapse into the magical carpet that had been holding them down.

After the first three drop in roughly ten seconds from the sheer amount of concentrated fire brought to bear, Mink flies into the next room and darts up, noting that the ceiling is another five feet taller than that in the hallway (15'). As soon as she crosses the threshold of the Carpet of Adhesion below, she feels a sharp impact as a fourth hostile leaps into the air in an effort to knock her to the ground. The impact is strong, but Mink's piloting skill is stronger and she stays afloat. Leveling her rifle at the one that tried to take her down, the weapon rings and she can see considerable wear, as if the grenade did a fair amount of damage to it as well.

Everyone else can see Mink jet into the next room, though Bri, Nali and Ecks are the only ones who can see the fourth shadow that leaps up trying to take her down. Nali actually sees a fifth one move in behind Mink as she levels her rifle on the fourth target.

Begin Combat Round 2
Map
Blue Circle = CoA<br />Red Octogon = Grenade damaged area
Blue Circle = CoA
Red Octogon = Grenade damaged area

Butcher's Bill
  • Ecks: -1 Personal S.D.C. (from falling) ;; -22 M.D.C. from MB of Gladius Exo-Skeleton
    Brianna: -1 Personal S.D.C. (from falling); -2 PPE from Mesi,
    Selenidaria: -1 Personal S.D.C. (from falling), -14PPE ;; -26 M.D.C. from AoI
    Maximillian: -1 Personal S.D.C. (from falling) ;; -8 M.D.C. from MB of Arrow Ride Armor
    Mink: -4 I.S.P. ;; -6 M.D.C from Main Body
    Naliyah:

What are you doing?
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Theron Wymond (PFROG B) | Harbinger (PW VR)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Maximillian O'Malley
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:53 pm

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Post by Maximillian O'Malley »

1d100: [94] = 94 perception 34%
1d20 +3: [10] = 10 initiative
1d20: [9] = 9 JIC
1d100: [94] = 94 JIC


Max can't see past Sel. He is unintentionally using her as cover as he fires and he can only see a little bit of the attackers through her armpit as they back out of the hallway. Once clear of the field of fire Max steps out of the door way into the room and can no longer see whats going on. He heard the grenade Mink tossed, and the gun fire she continued with. His ears are ringing a bit from Sels thumper and the screaming of the attackers. He shakes it off and sticks his head back around the hallway and attempts to get a clear line of fire past his team mates. Not worth shooting anyone in the back for this if I cant see If possible Max will fire on the two stuck in the carpet of adhesion.

If Max can see
action 1: Regain line of fire
action 2: fire pulse burst from NG-LP25 1d20 +7: [17] = 17 = 5d6: [2, 6, 5, 1, 3] = 17 MDC
action 3: fire pulse burst from NG-LP25 1d20+7: [4]+7 = 11 = 5d6: [3, 1, 4, 5, 5] = 18 MDC
Action 4: fire pulse burst from NG-LP25 1d20 + 7: [13] = 13 = 5d6: [2, 4, 6, 1, 6] = 19 MDC
If not Max will pray and wait for a chance to clear the next room.
Dice rolls
1d20: [8] = 8
Maximillian O'Malley
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 87&t=16811
perception 34%
N-F20A Medium Force Field: 75 MDC
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 35
• Arms: 14 each
• Legs: 18 each
• Main Body: 30

Always active: Sixth Sense
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 178
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC
Contact:

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Post by Mink »

Perception: d%<=68: [9*] = 1 Success
JIC: 1d100: [26] = 26 , 1d20: [20] = 20

As Mink enters the room and she feels impact on her leg, she instinctively flies higher and away from the threat and fires at it, while wildly checking her surroundings for more threats. "Engaging one by the door. Mind the adhesive. Looking for more bogeys." 'Where are you all?'

Initiative: 1d20+8: [8]+8 = 16
Action 1: Focus Fire on the four one, then the fifth (once found)
Strike 1d20+7: [7]+7 = 14 , 1d6*10 M.D.: [1]*10 = 10

Action 2: Focus Fire on the four one, then the fifth (once found)
Strike 1d20+7: [15]+7 = 22 , 1d6*10 M.D.: [2]*10 = 20

Action 3: Focus Fire on the four one, then the fifth (once found)
Strike 1d20+7: [8]+7 = 15 , 1d6*10 M.D.: [6]*10 = 60

Action 4: Focus Fire on the four one, then the fifth (once found)
Strike 1d20+7: [14]+7 = 21 , 1d6*10 M.D.: [6]*10 = 60

Action 5: Focus Fire on the four one, then the fifth (once found)
Strike 1d20+7: [4]+7 = 11 , 1d6*10 M.D.: [2]*10 = 20

Action 6: Focus Fire on the four one, then the fifth (once found)
Strike 1d20+7: [1]+7 = 8 , 1d6*10 M.D.: [3]*10 = 30

Action 7: Focus Fire on the four one, then the fifth (once found)
Strike 1d20+7: [19]+7 = 26 , 1d6*10 M.D.: [6]*10 = 60

Action 8: Focus Fire on the four one, then the fifth (once found)
Strike 1d20+7: [9]+7 = 16 , 1d6*10 M.D.: [3]*10 = 30

Action 9: Focus Fire on the four one, then the fifth (once found)
Strike 1d20+7: [20]+7 = 27 , 1d6*10 M.D.: [2]*10 = 20


Autododges:
9d20: [18, 8, 1, 6, 2, 9, 16, 14, 13] = 87

Piloting Jet Pack (82%) Skill Checks:
d%<=82, d%<=82, d%<=82, d%<=82, d%<=82, d%<=82, d%<=82, d%<=82, d%<=82: [8*]+[70*]+[93]+[32*]+[83]+[78*]+[25*]+[51*]+[98] = 6


Strike: 1d20+7 1d6*10 M.D.: [9]+7+[3]*10 = 46
9d100: [96, 6, 9, 33, 89, 84, 24, 11, 93] = 445
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
Posts: 854
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC
Contact:

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Post by Ecks »

Perception: 1d100/85%
JIC: 1d20/1d100
Initiative: 1d20+1

Ecks rushes forward into the room as well, but stays behind Mink. Pulling up his rifle, he fires as the opportunities present and stays clear of the adhesive. "Noted on the adhesive! Ecks fires on available targets, closest first.

Action 1: 1d20+7, Damage: 1d6*10+10 1d20+7: [14]+7 = 21 1d6*10+10: [6]*10+10 = 70
Action 2: 1d20+7, Damage: 1d6*10+10 1d20+7: [4]+7 = 11 1d6*10+10: [3]*10+10 = 40
Action 3: 1d20+7, Damage: 1d6*10+10 1d20+7: [14]+7 = 21 1d6*10+10: [2]*10+10 = 30
Action 4: 1d20+7, Damage: 1d6*10+10 1d20+7: [16]+7 = 23 1d6*10+10: [4]*10+10 = 50
Action 5: 1d20+7, Damage: 1d6*10+10 1d20+7: [10]+7 = 17 1d6*10+10: [3]*10+10 = 40
Action 6: 1d20+7, Damage: 1d6*10+10 1d20+7: [18]+7 = 25 1d6*10+10: [5]*10+10 = 60
Action 7: 1d20+7, Damage: 1d6*10+10 1d20+7: [8]+7 = 15 1d6*10+10: [4]*10+10 = 50
Action 8: 1d20+7, Damage: 1d6*10+10 1d20+7: [6]+7 = 13 1d6*10+10: [3]*10+10 = 40
Action 9: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+7 1d20+7: [8]+7 = 15

Parries: 1d20+8, 1d20+8, 1d20+8, 1d20+8, 1d20+8, 1d20+8, 1d20+8, 1d20+8, 1d20+8: [1]+8 = 9 1d20+8: [20]+8 = 28 1d20+8: [12]+8 = 20 1d20+8: [17]+8 = 25 1d20+8: [3]+8 = 11 1d20+8: [6]+8 = 14 1d20+8: [16]+8 = 24
Dice rolls
1d20+7: [15]+7 = 22
1d6*10+10: [4]*10+10 = 50
Ecks
Medals
Image
H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 469
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Post by Underguard »

GM Note: Reminder that Holiday Slowdown will end in its entirety on Jan 2nd, 2021. My next post will also be on Jan 2nd, 2021.
Conditions wrote:Location: ~50 miles inside of Shemarrian Territory. Underground Complex.
Time/Date: 03:46:00(about 2 minutes have passed); November 23rd, 111PA
Conditions: Stale air, dark with ambient light.
Bri Psionic Modifiers: Enhanced
Unfortunately for the fast movers, they were far too disorganized and wild to contend with the focused fire of Max, Mink and Ecks. Mink is able to aptly dodge the first pair of strikes leveled at her, though she nearly gets nailed while firing at the one in front of her, her sharp eyes catch the incoming strike and she is able to barely avoid it by flying around. Ecks and Max level their own fire on the duo focusing inefficiently on Mink. All in all, these enemies seem little more than amped up juicers cyborg types, they hit hard and fast but are butter under the proper fire power. Mink feels her weapon jam after the first one falls from their concentrated fire but luckily Ecks and Max keep up their own fire while Mink flies higher and repairs her jam, dodging the jumping strikes.

After another couple of seconds, the trio successfully bring down the last hostile in the room while Bri, Nali and Sel hold up the rear. All is silent for a moment but that changes when the door to the north of them suddenly opens and an armored man comes out with his weapon drawn.

"I take it you aren't with these freaks. We need help. Do you have a medic, maybe a hacker as well?" He states, lowering his weapon at the sight of the dead hostiles and the fellow humans in the room. Mink immediately recognizes him as one of the men in her vision while aboard the hovercraft. When the door opens, Mink's eye can also spot another down the hallway to the north with a weapon leveled at them as if waiting for them to move on their ally.

Meanwhile, in the rear, Bri, Sel and Nali hear the gunfire come to a still as they keep an eye behind, not engaging down the tight corridors. Bri still feels an enhanced alertness though she isn't sure why, none of these things have given off any sort of aura. That said, the trio of them hear movement coming from where they just were, the large room with the tubes. At a guess, more of those things were moving closer to the noise from behind and they'd be in combat again soon.

Butcher's Bill
  • Ecks: -1 Personal S.D.C. (from falling) ;; -22 M.D.C. from MB of Gladius Exo-Skeleton
    Brianna: -1 Personal S.D.C. (from falling); -2 PPE from Mesi,
    Selenidaria: -1 Personal S.D.C. (from falling), -14PPE ;; -26 M.D.C. from AoI
    Maximillian: -1 Personal S.D.C. (from falling) ;; -8 M.D.C. from MB of Arrow Ride Armor
    Mink: -4 I.S.P. ;; -6 M.D.C from Main Body
    Naliyah:

What are you doing?
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Theron Wymond (PFROG B) | Harbinger (PW VR)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 417
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Post by Brianna Clarke »

Perception 1d100: [74] = 74 (88%)
JIC 1d20: [1] = 1 , JIC 1d100: [57] = 57

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: Enhanced (26/36)
Globe of Daylight, PPE: 2, Duration: 16 minutes
Mesi's PPE 86/90 remaining

Brianna is glad that the team members who were ahead of her were able to dispatch the attacking robots quickly and efficiently. Of course, since Brianna had been at the back of the group, she hadn't really helped much with this round of robots.

Entering the room, Brianna answers the armoured man. “I have some healing abilities so I can help anyone who is injured. We also have a doctor outside in our vehicle. If there are serious injuries, I can get people stable until we make it to our team's doctor.” Looking up and around, Brianna adds, “But that may have to wait – I can hear more of those killer robots coming. We should get ready.” How many of these damned robots are there!?! Brianna wonders to herself as she readies herself for another attack.
Image

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor. Helmet: 50/50, Main Body: 90/90, Arms: 40/40 each, Legs: 50/50 each with N-F20A Medium Force Field (75 MDC) - FF Activated

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
Posts: 854
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC
Contact:

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Post by Ecks »

Perception: 1d20+9: [17]+9 = 26
JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4 / 1d100: [19] = 19

Ecks breathes a sigh of relief when they make it to the room. "You need a hacker? What's the problem?" Ecks will help with the need ((Computer Programming 1d100: [34] = 34 /98%, Computer Hacking 1d100: [27] = 27 /93%))

The relief is short lived as Brianna calls out the approach of more ...whatever they are.
Dice rolls
1d20+7: [15]+7 = 22
1d20+7: [2]+7 = 9
1d20+7: [19]+7 = 26
1d20+7: [18]+7 = 25
Ecks
Medals
Image
H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Maximillian O'Malley
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:53 pm

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Post by Maximillian O'Malley »

perception 1d100: [40] = 40
JIC 1d100: [33] = 33
JIC 1d20: [10] = 10


Max is still a little disoriented. His ears are ringing. As the group stops firing the tunnel vision clears and his regular cat-like senses return to normal. He was to focused on the threat in front of him. He almost did not notice the sound of more enemies approaching until Bri alerted him of it. incoming!
"Heads up y'all"
Max pulls out one of the grenades he took off of Victor, Readies it, and rolls it into the room behind them toward the enemies.
"As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good." He called to the approaching threat.
He crouches along the wall and readies his weapon with a new e-clip. He checks his force field and aims to the door.
Maximillian O'Malley
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 87&t=16811
perception 34%
N-F20A Medium Force Field: 75 MDC
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 35
• Arms: 14 each
• Legs: 18 each
• Main Body: 30

Always active: Sixth Sense
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 178
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC
Contact:

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Post by Mink »

Perception 68%/ 1d100: [31] = 31 Success!
JIC: 1d20: [7] = 7 , 1d100: [47] = 47

Mink notices the one in the corner and calls out on the team frequency with her external mic muted. "They have one in the corner covering us, worried we might be about to jump them. They'll come around or they'll die. Either way, I'm headed back out to meet our incoming." As she turns to leave, she activates her loudspeaker and motions towards the one covering their group. "Tell your friend over there we could use that weapon pointed this way, to where we have hostiles coming from." As she walks out, she mutes her mic and chuckles. 'I would cover us too. Good instincts.'

With that, once clear of the hallway (assuming they are coming from that direction), she lifts into the air, covering the obvious entry points.

Jet Packs 82%/ 1d100: [65] = 65 Success!
Fire her arm mounted blaster at the first one to keep its head in.
1d20+7: [13]+7 = 20 , 1d6*10: [4]*10 = 40

Note: Sixth Sense will activate when they attack. Initiative: 1d20+7: [1]+7 = 8 +6=14 (N1)
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 469
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote:Location: ~50 miles inside of Shemarrian Territory. Underground Complex.
Time/Date: 03:48:00(2 minutes have passed); November 23rd, 111PA
Conditions: Stale air, dark with ambient light.
Bri Psionic Modifiers: Enhanced
As the group converses with the mercenary who greeted them; Mink, Bri and Ecks all notice that while Bri reported movement behind them, none of their danger senses ping before the eruption of machine gun fire that prompts everyone to take cover. Sel, Bri and Max all stack on the door inside the smaller hallway while Mink, Ecks and Nali stack against the second door. The unnamed merc stacks with Ecks as the machine gun fire continues.

There is a whirring sound of metal on metal, grinding against itself as though they were sawblades that can almost be described as a metallic scream amid the machine gun fire. Then, just as suddenly as it started, it stops. There is silence for a moment; Bri, Max and Sel are the first to hear the sound of metal, heavy footsteps that are approaching them. Moments later, Ecks, Mink and Nali hear it as Bri, Max and Sel then see the silhouette of tall metallic man who upon closer looks is obviously a borg. Walking with a large Naruni Machine Gun with eyes that seem to glow and the letters KTF embroidered on its left breastplate. It stops just shy of the hallway Bri, Sel and Max are in and it lowers its weapon. Ecks, Mink and Nali can also make out the silhouette of the borg as it stops before the hallway. The mercenary stacked with them sighs. "The fuck, now we have combat borgs to deal with too?" He scowls, leveling his weapon at it but not firing yet and confirming to Ecks and Mink that it was a combat borg before them as they may have suspected.

Munzog having casually walked down the hallway in a methodical manner, follows his motion sensors ping and the heat signatures he has been tracking. These register as humans or at least living beings that radiate some measure of heat, unlike the things before. Munzog can reason with relative certainty this is the team the one on the radio above told him about. His sensors pings that the immediate area seems clear of movement beyond what is directly ahead of him.

There is a tentative standoff now between those stacked in the hallway and the borg standing in the center.

Butcher's Bill
  • Ecks: -1 Personal S.D.C. (from falling) ;; -22 M.D.C. from MB of Gladius Exo-Skeleton
    Brianna: -1 Personal S.D.C. (from falling); -2 PPE from Mesi,
    Selenidaria: -1 Personal S.D.C. (from falling), -14PPE ;; -26 M.D.C. from AoI
    Maximillian: -1 Personal S.D.C. (from falling) ;; -8 M.D.C. from MB of Arrow Ride Armor
    Mink: -4 I.S.P. ;; -6 M.D.C from Main Body
    Munzog:

What are you doing?
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Theron Wymond (PFROG B) | Harbinger (PW VR)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Munzog
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:54 pm

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Post by Munzog »

JIC: 1d20: [12] = 12 1d100: [28] = 28

Munzog with his amplified hearing, hears the borg comment. Oh great! Paranoid racist humans. he thinks with heavy sarcasm.
He keeps his gun pointed in their direction but muzzle down and addresses the group.
”Greetings humans and or humanoid creatures, my name is Munzog. Are their any members of the AAPS in this group? A person outside has lost radio contact with her team and asked if I could come in here and rescue them. You know, hold their hands, tell em it’s gonna be alright, that they are safe from the big scary machines now. So if you are AAPS please identify yourselves.” The muzzle of the gun comes up level with the group, pointed at the racist first. ”By telling me the name of the person outside.”
Munzog| EP Ledger| Other PC’s: Eshmun |
Stats


Constant stats and Abilities


Hands (2) - 33 M.D.C. each (max. 50 M.D.C.)
Forearms (2) - 33 M.D.C. each (max. 50 M.D.C.)
Upper Arms (2) - 47 M.D.C. each (max. 70 M.D.C.)
Feet (2) - 13 M.D.C. each (max. 20 M.D.C.)
Legs (2) - 60 M.D.C. each (max. 90 MD.C.)
Head - 60 M.D.C. (max. 90 M.D.C.)
Main Body - 180 (max. 280 M.D.C.).

Hear almost inaudible sounds at up to 360’
Estimate the distance and location of the sound source, and recognize specific sounds and voices at a base skill: 35% plus 5% per level of experience.
Skill level 47% +5 per level
Bonuses: +1 to parry, +2 to dodge, and +3 on
initiative
Rifts Bionic Sourcebook pg. 38

Usually built into a sensor hand or pros­thetic with hair-like sensor wires that are actually tiny motion detector sensors. However, a motion detection sensor system may be implanted in the arm, leg or head with sensor wires hid­den among the human hair. Provided the sensor wires are not covered (the arm or leg with the detector must be bare), the sys­ tem will work to measure noticeable movement near the charac­ ter. The reliability of the detector is quite limited, but can be used to accurately assess wind direction and wind speed, and to detect the rapid approach of large moving objects, such as a ve­ hicle, aircraft, power armor etc., whose rapid approach or large size causes a disturbance in the air. A motion detector is espe­ cially useful in the dark because the speeding object must usu­ ally be within 500’ to create a detectable air current. Likewise, the motion sensor will detect the movement of some­ body/thing moving near by, within 40’ but only if the sensor user is motionless or barely moving itself. The sensor can also detect sudden changes in air current and pressure

Rifts Bionic Sourcebook pg.36


Active Gear

NE-200 Plasma Cartridge Machine-Gun
  • Range: 2,000'
  • Damage: 1D4x10 M.D. per shot or 2D6x10 M.D. per burst
  • Rate of Fire: single shots or 10-round bursts only
  • Payload: 40-round magazine or 200-round belt (NE-003PC)
  • Weight: 70 lbs.; 15 lbs. for belt
  • Features: tripod
  • Modifiers: W.P. Heavy Military Weapons
    • P.S. of 24+, Robotic or Bionic P.S. 21+, or SN P.S. 18+: minimum P.S. required to use
    • P.S. 23<: character unable to wield, -12 to strike even if it is braced
  • Book Reference: p.123, Mercenaries


Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death:+0
Magic (varies):+3
Lethal Poison (14+): +0
Non-Lethal Poison (16+):+0
Insanity (12+): +1
Psionics (varies):+1
Horror Factor (varies):+0
Possession: +5
Impervious to psionic Bio-Manipulation, Telemechanics (all), See Aura.
Impervious to any at­tacks or weapons that do damage direct to Hit Points
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 417
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Post by Brianna Clarke »

Perception: 1d100: [63] = 63 (88%)
JIC: 1d20: [12] = 12 , 1d100: [38] = 38

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: Enhanced (26/36)
Globe of Daylight, PPE: 2, Duration: 14 minutes
Mesi's PPE 86/90 remaining

Brianna is glad when the robots are put down pretty quickly but doesn't relax yet as there may be more of them. When another robot comes, Brianna notices it's different from the other robots that have all been attacking them. That's new!
The mercenary stacked with them sighs. "The fuck, now we have combat borgs to deal with too?"


Brianna looks over at the newcomer, a bit nervous by its sudden appearance. Is that what it is? Brianna wonders to herself. She is reluctant to answer the metallic creature at first, but raises an eyebrow when it mentions that someone outside had lost radio contact with the group. That must be the doc. Brianna hesitantly answers, ”We're AAPS. I'm Brianna. The person outside is Quinn, the team's doctor.” Brianna lets the rest of the team introduce themselves and frowns a bit when the newcomer points its gun at the merc. ”Shooting one of us really makes a bad first impression, FYI”.
Image

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor. Helmet: 50/50, Main Body: 90/90, Arms: 40/40 each, Legs: 50/50 each with N-F20A Medium Force Field (75 MDC) - FF Activated

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 178
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC
Contact:

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Post by Mink »

Perception: 68%/ 1d100: [61] = 61 PASS!
JIC: 1d20: [16] = 16 , 1d100: [33] = 33
Sensory Equipment 60%/ 1d100: [92] = 92 - Any other intruders? FAIL!
Activate: See the Invisible (4)
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 60%/ 1d100: [13] = 13 - as much for the NPCs behind her as for the cyborg before her. PASS!
I.D. Undercover Agent 58%/ 1d100: [83] = 83 - Is our new friend putting on a front? FAIL!

Mink slowly comes to rest on the ground, letting her jetpack idle and lowering her arm, though with her reflexes, that was not quite the conciliatory motion it might seem to be. "I'm Mink of AAPS and you're cute if this is a rescue. Did you get in via the trap door? Doc Quinn is so dramatic, but its good to know she cares." Her voice comes out clearly over her loudspeakers, but at a volume that wouldn't carry too far. "If you'll glance around you, you'll see the murder cyborg drones we've been shredding up. Seen any more of them? That's why folks are on such edge with you walking in, toting a big gun and all." There is a noticeable accent of someone from Michigan, specifically around Ishpeming in her voice. There is also a sense of total ease in her manner. If she is intimidated by the borg's presence, she is doing a terrific job of covering it up.
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Munzog
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:54 pm

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Post by Munzog »

Brianna Clarke wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:26 pm ”We're AAPS. I'm Brianna. The person outside is Quinn, the team's doctor.”

Munzog nods and secures the machine gun then addresses the group again. “Quinn! That was her name, I knew it ended in win. I wasn’t really listening. I was coming in to look for upgrades anyways so I answered her and wandered in. It’s a refreshing change to see humans that don’t need rescuing. Usually all i find are piles of bones or messy smears on the walls. ”
Brianna Clarke wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:26 pm
”Shooting one of us really makes a bad first impression, FYI”.
Nodding again Munzog replies “It does indeed, but its safer to kill everything before it can kill me.
But since you are the AAPS we got no quarrels.”
He raises his empty hands placatingly
Mink wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:11 pm "I'm Mink of AAPS and you're cute if this is a rescue. Did you get in via the trap door? Doc Quinn is so dramatic, but its good to know she cares." Her voice comes out clearly over her loudspeakers, but at a volume that wouldn't carry too far. "If you'll glance around you, you'll see the murder cyborg drones we've been shredding up. Seen any more of them? That's why folks are on such edge with you walking in, toting a big gun and all."
Munzog turns to the other person speaking now. “Now that you mention it I did see some things headed this way but I got em with the peashooter” he jerks his head to the stored machine gun then holds one hand forward and in a sarcastic tone repeats his message from earlier.“It’s gonna be alright. You’re safe from the big scary machines now. ” he holds his hand outstretched then laughs and brings it back to a raised position after a few seconds. “Naw I’m just fuckin with you, like I said to Brianna its impressive to see you all living. Since you have made it this far, did you see any labs or storage rooms that might contain cybernetics?”
Munzog| EP Ledger| Other PC’s: Eshmun |
Stats


Constant stats and Abilities


Hands (2) - 33 M.D.C. each (max. 50 M.D.C.)
Forearms (2) - 33 M.D.C. each (max. 50 M.D.C.)
Upper Arms (2) - 47 M.D.C. each (max. 70 M.D.C.)
Feet (2) - 13 M.D.C. each (max. 20 M.D.C.)
Legs (2) - 60 M.D.C. each (max. 90 MD.C.)
Head - 60 M.D.C. (max. 90 M.D.C.)
Main Body - 180 (max. 280 M.D.C.).

Hear almost inaudible sounds at up to 360’
Estimate the distance and location of the sound source, and recognize specific sounds and voices at a base skill: 35% plus 5% per level of experience.
Skill level 47% +5 per level
Bonuses: +1 to parry, +2 to dodge, and +3 on
initiative
Rifts Bionic Sourcebook pg. 38

Usually built into a sensor hand or pros­thetic with hair-like sensor wires that are actually tiny motion detector sensors. However, a motion detection sensor system may be implanted in the arm, leg or head with sensor wires hid­den among the human hair. Provided the sensor wires are not covered (the arm or leg with the detector must be bare), the sys­ tem will work to measure noticeable movement near the charac­ ter. The reliability of the detector is quite limited, but can be used to accurately assess wind direction and wind speed, and to detect the rapid approach of large moving objects, such as a ve­ hicle, aircraft, power armor etc., whose rapid approach or large size causes a disturbance in the air. A motion detector is espe­ cially useful in the dark because the speeding object must usu­ ally be within 500’ to create a detectable air current. Likewise, the motion sensor will detect the movement of some­ body/thing moving near by, within 40’ but only if the sensor user is motionless or barely moving itself. The sensor can also detect sudden changes in air current and pressure

Rifts Bionic Sourcebook pg.36


Active Gear

NE-200 Plasma Cartridge Machine-Gun
  • Range: 2,000'
  • Damage: 1D4x10 M.D. per shot or 2D6x10 M.D. per burst
  • Rate of Fire: single shots or 10-round bursts only
  • Payload: 40-round magazine or 200-round belt (NE-003PC)
  • Weight: 70 lbs.; 15 lbs. for belt
  • Features: tripod
  • Modifiers: W.P. Heavy Military Weapons
    • P.S. of 24+, Robotic or Bionic P.S. 21+, or SN P.S. 18+: minimum P.S. required to use
    • P.S. 23<: character unable to wield, -12 to strike even if it is braced
  • Book Reference: p.123, Mercenaries


Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death:+0
Magic (varies):+3
Lethal Poison (14+): +0
Non-Lethal Poison (16+):+0
Insanity (12+): +1
Psionics (varies):+1
Horror Factor (varies):+0
Possession: +5
Impervious to psionic Bio-Manipulation, Telemechanics (all), See Aura.
Impervious to any at­tacks or weapons that do damage direct to Hit Points
User avatar
Maximillian O'Malley
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:53 pm

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Post by Maximillian O'Malley »

perception 1d100: [16] = 16
JIC 1d20: [6] = 6
JIC 1d100: [32] = 32

Max is surprised to see a combat cyborg roaming the halls. He is just a bit suspicious. This seems weird way too convenient He holds his opinion of this for now, cyborgs have good ears and will hear him.
"So how did you end up all the way out here if your not part of the military industrial complex we have found ourselves in? You might know our friend, but how do we know your legit, Mr. Ironman? "

Max holds his ready stance and looks at the cyborg steadily. He smiles a sly smile and starts to whistle a song from the Wizard of Oz. He really does hope this guy is on the level. Fighting a big mechanical man might hurt.
Maximillian O'Malley
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 87&t=16811
perception 34%
N-F20A Medium Force Field: 75 MDC
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 35
• Arms: 14 each
• Legs: 18 each
• Main Body: 30

Always active: Sixth Sense
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 469
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote:Location: ~50 miles inside of Shemarrian Territory. Underground Complex.
Time/Date: 03:48:00(2 minutes have passed); November 23rd, 111PA
Conditions: Stale air, dark with ambient light.
Bri Psionic Modifiers: Enhanced
The Mercenary visibly grits his teeth and Mierin and Mink can both see him tighten his grip on his rifle as the Borg speaks in a somewhat condescending fashion. That said, the Merc defaults to Bri and Mink as they engage the Borg in conversation and visibly relaxes as the conversation continues, though his patience is limited and he is still visibly stressed. After a couple minutes of back and forth between the Borg and AAPS, he smacks his rifle, leaves cover and steps out.

"Alright, great. We're all friends now, right? Can we please get the fuck out of here. I've already lost more than half my crew, one is damn near dead down the hall." He almost snaps before turning to Mink specifically, seeming to trust her. "We had a medic and a mage who got shredded alive in a different room with over a dozen of these damn things. I've no idea how many are here, but I'd wager more than we can deal with if they rush us at once so sitting still is probably a bad idea. Nathaniel sent you out this way, right? He mentioned other possible contractors. Look, we got a decent survey done before we stumbled on this hellhole. We'll give you our data, just get us the hell out of here. Maybe drop a damn nuke down the silo before we leave." The merc states before rubbing his face and sighing, shaking his head. "Name's Damien. Snow Wolves. Sorry, I've got a killer headache. You said you had a healer?" He continues.

Damien will lead anyone inside the barricaded room and show them the to his remaining allies. Mink recognizes both from the vision; the wounded one appears to be another techie type and the other that had their weapon trained on them is a female sniper from the looks of it. Her formerly smiling face replaced by one wrought with dirt, grime and a frown. "This is Alex." Damien points to the woman, "And Emet. Our scout and hacker, respectively. Emet got ambushed by a pair of those cyborg bastards and then got a nearly fatal shock when trying to access this computer console. We've been holed up here since." Damien explains as Emet coughs.

"There- there is..." He begins, coughing up some measure of blood. "A pair of reactors; back south of us. Need to-" He says, grunting and keeling over to his side. "Overload them." He finishes as Damien kneels next to him and looks back for anyone in AAPS to hopefully offer some degree of healing, what little may possibly be had. Alex then turns her eye towards the group. "That door north of us is welded shut, more of those cyborgs on the other side." She says simply.

AAPS Movement 7.png


  • Ecks: -1 Personal S.D.C. (from falling) ;; -22 M.D.C. from MB of Gladius Exo-Skeleton
    Brianna: -1 Personal S.D.C. (from falling); -2 PPE from Mesi,
    Selenidaria: -1 Personal S.D.C. (from falling), -14PPE ;; -26 M.D.C. from AoI
    Maximillian: -1 Personal S.D.C. (from falling) ;; -8 M.D.C. from MB of Arrow Ride Armor
    Mink: -4 I.S.P. ;; -6 M.D.C from Main Body
    Munzog:

What are you doing?
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Theron Wymond (PFROG B) | Harbinger (PW VR)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Munzog
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:54 pm

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Post by Munzog »

Perception Perception 1d100: [41] = 41
JIC 1d100: [2] = 2
JIC 1d20: [2] = 2
Maximillian O'Malley wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:10 pm "So how did you end up all the way out here if your not part of the military industrial complex we have found ourselves in? You might know our friend, but how do we know your legit, Mr. Ironman? "
Munzog looks to the new speaker “Legit? First off saying i know your friend is a stretch at best, I just answered some blubbering human on the radio that was worried about her team. As for being here I been aimlessly wandering these parts for the past few months so its just dumb luck i ran into you all. As for legit hang on let me look for it. ” Munzog pats his hand around his body looking for something “ Ah yes here it is. My buisness card.” He then holds up his middle finger to the group.
Underguard wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:16 pm
"Alright, great. We're all friends now, right? Can we please get the fuck out of here. I've already lost more than half my crew, one is damn near dead down the hall." He almost snaps before turning to Mink specifically, seeming to trust her. "We had a medic and a mage who got shredded alive in a different room with over a dozen of these damn things. I've no idea how many are here, but I'd wager more than we can deal with if they rush us at once so sitting still is probably a bad idea. Nathaniel sent you out this way, right? He mentioned other possible contractors. Look, we got a decent survey done before we stumbled on this hellhole. We'll give you our data, just get us the hell out of here. Maybe drop a damn nuke down the silo before we leave." The merc states before rubbing his face and sighing, shaking his head. "Name's Damien. Snow Wolves. Sorry, I've got a killer headache. You said you had a healer?" He continues.
“HA! Called humans need rescuing.” Munzog blurts out then continues.
“If you have mapped out the area some what I will lend a hand ”
Save me a lot of time trudging through this damn place. he muses as he approaches the group slowly and calmly not making any sudden movements.
Underguard wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:16 pm
Damien will lead anyone inside the barricaded room and show them the to his remaining allies. Mink recognizes both from the vision; the wounded one appears to be another techie type and the other that had their weapon trained on them is a female sniper from the looks of it. Her formerly smiling face replaced by one wrought with dirt, grime and a frown. "This is Alex." Damien points to the woman, "And Emet. Our scout and hacker, respectively. Emet got ambushed by a pair of those cyborg bastards and then got a nearly fatal shock when trying to access this computer console. We've been holed up here since." Damien explains as Emet coughs.

"There- there is..." He begins, coughing up some measure of blood. "A pair of reactors; back south of us. Need to-" He says, grunting and keeling over to his side. "Overload them." He finishes as Damien kneels next to him and looks back for anyone in AAPS to hopefully offer some degree of healing, what little may possibly be had. Alex then turns her eye towards the group. "That door north of us is welded shut, more of those cyborgs on the other side." She says simply.
Munzog follows the group to the other members. Upon arrival he listens to the intel then looks down at the wounded man.
“Oh Gross. That’s nasty” he says then heads to north door.
“Gonna check this door out. ”

If no other coversation breaks out directly to Munzog he will turn on Ultra Ear once at the door and listen to try and determine how many of what is on the other side.
Munzog| EP Ledger| Other PC’s: Eshmun |
Stats


Constant stats and Abilities


Hands (2) - 33 M.D.C. each (max. 50 M.D.C.)
Forearms (2) - 33 M.D.C. each (max. 50 M.D.C.)
Upper Arms (2) - 47 M.D.C. each (max. 70 M.D.C.)
Feet (2) - 13 M.D.C. each (max. 20 M.D.C.)
Legs (2) - 60 M.D.C. each (max. 90 MD.C.)
Head - 60 M.D.C. (max. 90 M.D.C.)
Main Body - 180 (max. 280 M.D.C.).

Hear almost inaudible sounds at up to 360’
Estimate the distance and location of the sound source, and recognize specific sounds and voices at a base skill: 35% plus 5% per level of experience.
Skill level 47% +5 per level
Bonuses: +1 to parry, +2 to dodge, and +3 on
initiative
Rifts Bionic Sourcebook pg. 38

Usually built into a sensor hand or pros­thetic with hair-like sensor wires that are actually tiny motion detector sensors. However, a motion detection sensor system may be implanted in the arm, leg or head with sensor wires hid­den among the human hair. Provided the sensor wires are not covered (the arm or leg with the detector must be bare), the sys­ tem will work to measure noticeable movement near the charac­ ter. The reliability of the detector is quite limited, but can be used to accurately assess wind direction and wind speed, and to detect the rapid approach of large moving objects, such as a ve­ hicle, aircraft, power armor etc., whose rapid approach or large size causes a disturbance in the air. A motion detector is espe­ cially useful in the dark because the speeding object must usu­ ally be within 500’ to create a detectable air current. Likewise, the motion sensor will detect the movement of some­ body/thing moving near by, within 40’ but only if the sensor user is motionless or barely moving itself. The sensor can also detect sudden changes in air current and pressure

Rifts Bionic Sourcebook pg.36


Active Gear

NE-200 Plasma Cartridge Machine-Gun
  • Range: 2,000'
  • Damage: 1D4x10 M.D. per shot or 2D6x10 M.D. per burst
  • Rate of Fire: single shots or 10-round bursts only
  • Payload: 40-round magazine or 200-round belt (NE-003PC)
  • Weight: 70 lbs.; 15 lbs. for belt
  • Features: tripod
  • Modifiers: W.P. Heavy Military Weapons
    • P.S. of 24+, Robotic or Bionic P.S. 21+, or SN P.S. 18+: minimum P.S. required to use
    • P.S. 23<: character unable to wield, -12 to strike even if it is braced
  • Book Reference: p.123, Mercenaries


Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death:+0
Magic (varies):+3
Lethal Poison (14+): +0
Non-Lethal Poison (16+):+0
Insanity (12+): +1
Psionics (varies):+1
Horror Factor (varies):+0
Possession: +5
Impervious to psionic Bio-Manipulation, Telemechanics (all), See Aura.
Impervious to any at­tacks or weapons that do damage direct to Hit Points
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 417
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Post by Brianna Clarke »

Perception: 1d100: [84] = 84 (88%)
JIC: 1d20: [10] = 10 , 1d100: [70] = 70

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: Enhanced (22/36)
Globe of Daylight, PPE: 2, Duration: 14 minutes
Mesi's PPE 86/90 remaining
Munzog pats his hand around his body looking for something “ Ah yes here it is. My buisness card.” He then holds up his middle finger to the group.
Brianna rolls her eyes at Munzog's response to Max and shakes her head. I didn't realize that cyborgs in the future were programmed to be assholes. Turning her focus to Damien, Brianna replies, ”Nice to meet you. Yes, Nathaniel sent us out here to finish the survey and to try to find out what had happened to your team. I'm Brianna – I have some healing abilties so I should be able to help your injured team members.” Brianna follows Damien into the barricaded room where the rest of the team are. She nods politely at the team and says ”Hey, I'm Brianna.” Gesturing to the team, she continues, ”We're AAPS. We're here to help.”
Emet wrote:"There- there is..." He begins, coughing up some measure of blood. "A pair of reactors; back south of us. Need to-" He says, grunting and keeling over to his side. "Overload them."
Brianna winces when Emet coughs up blood when he tries to talk. Brianna walks over to where he and Damien are and smiles at them both. ”I have some healing abilities. I'll do everything I can to help you until we can get out of here and then my team's doctor can do the rest.” Brianna takes a deep breath before telling them, ”First, I'm going to determine just how badly hurt you are and figure out the best way to help. It'll just take a few moments.” Brianna then focusing so she can use her psychic diagnosis ability to determine just how injured Emet is and what the best course of action is to help him. (Psychic diagnosis, 4 ISP, meditation: 2d4: [3, 4] = 7 melees).
Image

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor. Helmet: 50/50, Main Body: 90/90, Arms: 40/40 each, Legs: 50/50 each with N-F20A Medium Force Field (75 MDC) - FF Activated

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
Posts: 854
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC
Contact:

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Post by Ecks »

Perception: 1d100: [1] = 1 /85%
JIC: 1d20: [1] = 1 / 1d100: [7] = 7
Electrical Engineer -- 1d100: [5] = 5 /113% (to prepare the reactors for overload)

Ecks listens to Damian. "Overload the reactor? We will still need a path out of here. What was your plan for escape? What is this place anyhow?"

As everyone is gathered up, Ecks runs back to the reactions and sees if he can figure out how to overload them.
Ecks
Medals
Image
H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 469
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote:Location: ~50 miles inside of Shemarrian Territory. Underground Complex.
Time/Date: 03:53:00(5 minutes have passed); November 23rd, 111PA
Conditions: Stale air, dark with ambient light.
Bri Psionic Modifiers: Enhanced
Munzog, after the brief verbal parry, decides to investigate the welded door while Brianna moves in to check on the wounded mercenary while Mink and Ecks check the nearby computer terminal. Sel, Max and Nali all keeping a watchful eye on their surroundings as best as the ambient light allows. On a cursory look, both Ecks and Mink spot charred marks from what seems to be a input slot; the screen is also flashing in and out with various unknown symbols to them. Damien answers Ecks while they look over the terminal. "We have no plan for escape. We came down here seven strong but two of us died after a death trap that trapped us in here made us take a tumble down a chute, then another two of us got shredded when we got ambushed by a dozen of those damn things. Emet seems to think this is some sort of factory that's either decommissioned or completely automated. Unfortunately, we couldn't make it further in or out. And finding a way out has been a challenge for us, so we barricaded up, go out fighting." Damien explains as Ecks nods. Munzog, meanwhile, hears the sounds of metal on metal grinding on the other side of the door in a low hurr of a sound, coming from several directions. A sudden crash on the other side of the door followed by silence as the Borg listens. Munzog also notes that he didn't fall into said trap that Damien and the others did, he took an elevator down without contest.

In a pure Lightbulb over the head moment, Ecks remembers spotting something in the other room where he initially responded to a computer. Walking back, there is an eerie silence that falls over the halls as he moves. Nali and Max follow him with Damien and he quickly finds what he was looking for. A sealed door on the south wall next to the computer terminal with large red markings on it. If the Operator had to guess, the markings meant Warning. The door is sealed, though Ecks knows if he can get into the Reactor Room, he can certainly overload it by creating a feedback loop on its power generation. Ecks knows what he needs to do to blow to joint, now he just needs to find the best way out.

Brianna, meanwhile finishes her psionic diagnosis and determines that Emet is bleeding internally, several broken ribs and a punctured lung. He also has third degree burns on his hands and forearms; his gloves seemingly melded to his skin from a shock or burn. He'll die within a couple hours if it isn't treated but so long as it is, he will likely live to see another day.

AAPS Movement 8.png


  • Ecks: -1 Personal S.D.C. (from falling) ;; -22 M.D.C. from MB of Gladius Exo-Skeleton
    Brianna: -1 Personal S.D.C. (from falling); -2 PPE from Mesi,
    Selenidaria: -1 Personal S.D.C. (from falling), -14PPE ;; -26 M.D.C. from AoI
    Maximillian: -1 Personal S.D.C. (from falling) ;; -8 M.D.C. from MB of Arrow Ride Armor
    Mink: -4 I.S.P. ;; -6 M.D.C from Main Body
    Munzog:

What are you doing?
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Theron Wymond (PFROG B) | Harbinger (PW VR)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Munzog
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:54 pm

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Post by Munzog »

Perception 1d100: [43] = 43
JIC 1d20: [4] = 4
JIC 1d100: [71] = 71

Munzog is hunched at the door listening to the noises trying to get a count when there is a crash at the door followed causing him to straighten suddenly. Followed by eerie silence. Oh, That can’t be good
He turns off his Ultra ear and heads to the group around the wounded man.
Underguard wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:58 pm "We had no plan for escape. We came down here seven strong but of us died after a death trap that trapped us in here, then another two of us got shredded when we got ambushed by a dozen of those damn things. Emet seems to think this is some sort of factory that's either decommissioned or completely automated. Unfortunately, we couldn't make it further in or out. And finding a way out has been a challenge for us, so we barricaded up, go out fighting."
Munzog listens to the mans story then speaks up. “I can help with the extraction part. I didn’t see any of your dead or any destroyed machines on my way in, so there is a good chance its still clear. We can get your team and wounded out that way. But I need some info. What kind of yield are we looking at for those reactors? I haven’t had a chance to search for cybernetics or upgrades yet. Considering how effective they were at slaughtering your team might be worth looking into. ”
Last edited by Munzog on Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Munzog| EP Ledger| Other PC’s: Eshmun |
Stats


Constant stats and Abilities


Hands (2) - 33 M.D.C. each (max. 50 M.D.C.)
Forearms (2) - 33 M.D.C. each (max. 50 M.D.C.)
Upper Arms (2) - 47 M.D.C. each (max. 70 M.D.C.)
Feet (2) - 13 M.D.C. each (max. 20 M.D.C.)
Legs (2) - 60 M.D.C. each (max. 90 MD.C.)
Head - 60 M.D.C. (max. 90 M.D.C.)
Main Body - 180 (max. 280 M.D.C.).

Hear almost inaudible sounds at up to 360’
Estimate the distance and location of the sound source, and recognize specific sounds and voices at a base skill: 35% plus 5% per level of experience.
Skill level 47% +5 per level
Bonuses: +1 to parry, +2 to dodge, and +3 on
initiative
Rifts Bionic Sourcebook pg. 38

Usually built into a sensor hand or pros­thetic with hair-like sensor wires that are actually tiny motion detector sensors. However, a motion detection sensor system may be implanted in the arm, leg or head with sensor wires hid­den among the human hair. Provided the sensor wires are not covered (the arm or leg with the detector must be bare), the sys­ tem will work to measure noticeable movement near the charac­ ter. The reliability of the detector is quite limited, but can be used to accurately assess wind direction and wind speed, and to detect the rapid approach of large moving objects, such as a ve­ hicle, aircraft, power armor etc., whose rapid approach or large size causes a disturbance in the air. A motion detector is espe­ cially useful in the dark because the speeding object must usu­ ally be within 500’ to create a detectable air current. Likewise, the motion sensor will detect the movement of some­ body/thing moving near by, within 40’ but only if the sensor user is motionless or barely moving itself. The sensor can also detect sudden changes in air current and pressure

Rifts Bionic Sourcebook pg.36


Active Gear

NE-200 Plasma Cartridge Machine-Gun
  • Range: 2,000'
  • Damage: 1D4x10 M.D. per shot or 2D6x10 M.D. per burst
  • Rate of Fire: single shots or 10-round bursts only
  • Payload: 40-round magazine or 200-round belt (NE-003PC)
  • Weight: 70 lbs.; 15 lbs. for belt
  • Features: tripod
  • Modifiers: W.P. Heavy Military Weapons
    • P.S. of 24+, Robotic or Bionic P.S. 21+, or SN P.S. 18+: minimum P.S. required to use
    • P.S. 23<: character unable to wield, -12 to strike even if it is braced
  • Book Reference: p.123, Mercenaries


Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death:+0
Magic (varies):+3
Lethal Poison (14+): +0
Non-Lethal Poison (16+):+0
Insanity (12+): +1
Psionics (varies):+1
Horror Factor (varies):+0
Possession: +5
Impervious to psionic Bio-Manipulation, Telemechanics (all), See Aura.
Impervious to any at­tacks or weapons that do damage direct to Hit Points
User avatar
Maximillian O'Malley
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:53 pm

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Post by Maximillian O'Malley »

perception 1d100: [19] = 19
JIC 1d100: [81] = 81
JIC 1d20: [18] = 18

Max cant stop smiling now. Munzog's response to his comments have tickled him. "Oh, funny borg. Did you get built with your own laugh track." He lowers his weapon and smiles. "I like you. You unlike these other things have a soul."
Max keeps smiling but remembers that he is in a dangerous situation. He doesnt need to follow the mercenaries into the other room to check out the wounded, he can smell them from the next room. Max is not well trained in first aid so he stays away and watches their back. He is not really paying attention to the conversation about the reactor.
Max sees Ecks pass by with a look of determination on his face. He decides to follow. Blow the reactor? This might be a bad idea.
Maximillian O'Malley
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 87&t=16811
perception 34%
N-F20A Medium Force Field: 75 MDC
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 35
• Arms: 14 each
• Legs: 18 each
• Main Body: 30

Always active: Sixth Sense
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 417
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Post by Brianna Clarke »

Perception: 1d100: [90] = 90 (88%)
JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4 , 1d100: [67] = 67

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: Enhanced (18/36)
Globe of Daylight, PPE: 2, Duration: 7 minutes
Mesi's PPE 86/90 remaining

Deaden pain: 4 ISP, Duration: 9 hours, Meditation: 2 minutes

Brianna opens her eyes when her psychic diagnostic is complete. ”You've got some serious injuries , Emet, though I'm sure that doesn't surprise you.” Smiling at Emet, Brianna adds, ”The good news is I can help you feel a lot better. Speaking of which,” Brianna meditates for a couple of minutes and then activates her deaden pain ability to ease Emet's pain. ”That should help with your pain.”

Looking at Ecks, Brianna asks, ”What is our timeline looking like?” Brianna explains, ”I can heal the worst of Emet's injuries but it will take some time. “ Brianna doesn't really know how long this is going to take as she has only used this ability once. Brianna is confident she can heal Emet's broken bones and internal bleeding, but she isn't positive she can help with the gloves being melded into his skin. Well, I'll try. Brianna thinks. If I can't help heal that, I bet Quinn can.”
Image

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor. Helmet: 50/50, Main Body: 90/90, Arms: 40/40 each, Legs: 50/50 each with N-F20A Medium Force Field (75 MDC) - FF Activated

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
Post Reply

Return to “AA Professional Services”