Shen

Re: Episode XI - The Anomalous West

Post by Shen »

Perception: d%: [100] = 100 /50%
JIC (20): d20: [6] = 6
JIC (100): d%: [99] = 99

Conditions of Note:
Chi Sight
This is the "default" condition that is in place at any given time. Any supernatural being, including Ghosts and Astral Travelers, within twenty feet (in any direction), will be noticed by the Blind Mystic, but only as a faint, hazy, diffused light in the distance, like a lantern in a fog. However, the hazy light is accompanied with a "bad feeling" that suggests the presence of the supernatural. In addition, the character can "feel" the Chi present in anyone, mortal or supernatural, within ten feet of him (half outside China). If a mortal, he can't see him, but he knows he is there.
To see luminous supernatural beings clearly, the Blind Mystic must activate his Third Eye by expending positive Chi (I.S.P.). When he does this, the faded blurs of light come into focus with crystal clarity, filling the blind man's world of darkness with unmistakable images of light, born from a more sinister, supernatural darkness.
Of course anything/anyone visible to the Blind Mystic can be easily targeted, though he usually continues the charade of being blind and/or drunk and will accidentally trip, hit, or blast an opponent.
Automatic, no I.S.P. cost.
Sense Supernatural Evil and Magic Energy
Fundamentally the same as the Psi-Hound. Like a bloodhound smelling a familiar scent, the Psyscape psychic can detect the presence of supernatural evil and magic energy (P.P.E. used as a spell, in magic devices and large amounts in people; 80 or more points). The ability is constant and automatic, just like the ability to see and smell. The psychic can sense whenever a magic spell is used within the range of sensitivity. If the energy is being continually expended, like a series of magic attacks, or is of a duration/affect longer than one melee round (15 seconds), the character can trace it with relative ease to the source (i.e. the supernatural creature or the character using magic).
Base Skill: 72% +2% per level of experience to identify the specific type/race of paranormal creature, and includes alien intelligences, gods, demigods, demons, vampires, entities and creatures of magic, like dragons. This ability can also detect whether a person is possessed by supernatural beings.
Base Skill at tracking by this "psychic scent": 50% +5% per level of experience. 70% +3% per level of experience if the supernatural being is also using magic.
Range: 100 feet per level of experience to sense the presence of a supernatural being when it is not using any special, magical or psionic powers. 1000 feet +100 feet per additional level of experience when the supernatural force is actively using its supernatural powers or magic.
Duration: Automatic and constant.
I.S.P. : None, automatic.
Note: Close proximity to ley lines and nexus points disrupts these psychic senses, rendering them useless.
Shen is projecting/radiating this emotion to everyone within 12 feet: Calm: Peaceful and somewhat introspective. Others will sense genuine goodwill and peaceful intentions, putting them at ease.

Dexter Portlywright wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:19 am (Rolls Carried Over)

Dexter gives the old man a hard stare when he pauses about being excited about techo-wizardy but gets embarrassed after realizing the man is blind. Dexter grins from ear to ear before answering. "Me personally, nay. Not no vehicles, do me have made a few odder trrinkets, herre and darre. Me do got plans to do sum Modi'facati'ons to me ATV. Do me do wan'na get me a trrain sum day and deck da baby out. Dat would be da day but alas me need a lot more money and precious gems. Even to da simple stuff, sum'time rrequires sum big ones. Hey!" Dexter's voice booms with even more excitement. "Maybe me can make ya sum'ding to help you see better, like a pair o' spectacles or goggles."
Shen laughs at Dexter's suggestion - a light-hearted laugh of one at ease. "I'm afraid that would be detrimental to me, my friend. You see, while I am physically blind, I see in other ways - with my mind and spirit - and those would be taken from me were my physical sight restored. No, I believe I will remain blind for the remainder of my days... at least, if I have any say in the matter," he replies with a cryptic smile.

"I do thank you for the kind offer, though," he adds with a nod.
Mink wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:53 am Rolls held
Shen wrote:"Mink... I would like to hear about his weapon of yours," he says, pointing at the scythe. "I can tell it is magic, and I can even 'see' it with my psychic eye. How did you acquire it, and what are its functions?" he asks curiously.
"Ah, my gift from a goddess. I mean that literally. One of our previous missions, taken to save Briana, ended up with us in another dimension fighting the avatar of a being so powerful as to be unironically called a god, even as he tried to steal the power and life force of another being as powerful. Briana is linked in some way to the victim in the scenario, a being called Isis. She was worshipped as a goddess in ages past on earth, and is still revered even today among the Knights of the Rose in their Garden. We fought as hard as we could in the face of overwhelming odds. Along the way, I stole the enemy's scythe and began using it against him. It was burning my hands through the gloves of my power armor. You must understand, my hands, when in power armor, are physically located about four inches back in the wrist of my power armor's arm, so it should not have been possible, yet my suit was undamaged and my hands were burned. Some magical effect, obviously, as I was incompatible with the weapon's murderous intent. You can probably feel the scars if I were to unsuit and show you my hands. But the situation was so dire we couldn't let something as trivial as excruciating pain stop us." She chuckles a bit at this joke. In that moment she'd simply been mentally yelling at the sentience inside the scythe and gripping her hands, unwilling to let go - more a matter of stubbornness than any sort of ability to withstand the pain. "We prevailed, eventually. I admitted to being impressed by power of the scythe and wondered if it could be purified. It could not. So in exchange for a vow to fight the forces of darkness and serve her goals in that fight, I was granted that scythe instead of the evil one." She had been very specific in the wording of her vow of fealty and the goddess had not been oblivious to that. The fact that Isis had still granted Ilsa the boon had been telling of her need for champions. It had also been heartening to realize that she could do that and serve her country. It never occurred to her that those two goals might be compatible. Still, while she served the powerful being, she did not worship her. Ilsa's agnostic upbringing was too fiercely held to believe that any being would directly answer prayers, or if they did, it was by using magic or psionics. Things that even mortals could wield.

Realizing she'd been quiet a few moments, she continued. "It is known Ferrum Sincerus, or Pure Iron. It is a holy weapon, designed to fight demons, deevils, and other creatures of darkness and magic. It glows blue in the presence of supernatural evil and I'm told it can expel such creatures, though I've never tried it. My Night Reaper power armor originally came with a scythe, so it doesn't even look that off to be carrying one to those who know the model."
"Impressive to have curried the favor of the gods," says the Mang Wu after listening to Mink's amazing story. "This weapon you have, it radiates holy power. I believe we are united in our fight against the forces of evil and darkness," he says with a smile. "While I do not glow blue, I can sense supernatural evil in a way similar to what some mutant animals seem to be sensitive to. I have the same sensitivity to magic energy, though it is less pronounced... but with my spiritual eye, I can see many things that the physical eye cannot," he says, gesturing to his "third eye" spot.

"Bù zhīdào zhèxiē Xitiix huì zhùcè ma" he thinks to himself.
Translation
I wonder if these Xiticix will register...
Maximillian O'Malley wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:59 am perception: 1d100: [31] = 31
JIC: 1d20: [14] = 14
JIC: 1d100: [13] = 13

Max has been quiet today. His head still hurts. The hangover has passed but the lump on his head still lingers. It is his reminder to mind his manners around women in Merctown. The swelling has subsided enough to get his helmet on but he is wearing his bowler hat until he needs to change. He is working as diligently as he can stand while quietly playing Muddy Waters through the PA on the skywolf as he packs and does preflight.
"Thank you for the help Mink, bear with me I will have us in the air in a moment." he says to his team mate as she is assisting him. "Dont worry, Jesus is my Co-pilot, but you can still sit up here. He wont mind." He smiles wryly.
After about twenty minutes of flight check and radio pre-check Max is ready to go. He switches his hat for his helmet and stores his bowler hat where it will be safe. "Good morning and welcome to Black cat air. I am Maximilian O'Malley and I am your pilot for this flight non-stop from Merctown to the Mysterious west. If the weather holds up we should have a smooth flight. It will however be a bit chilly at altitude so keep warm. This flight will last until we get there and there will not be an in-flight movie or meal. Stewardesses will not be serving drinks and there is not an in-flight meal. We will be taking off as soon as we get clearance. Please observe the fasten your seat belts sign. I thank you again for flying black cat airlines and flying the unfriendly skys." Max has been mumbling while checking his last checklist of gauges and latest weather reports.
He grew up in Ishpeming, he should be used to the cold. He is still cold and dealing with it. He closes the doors and manipulates the controls to warm up the cabin. One last step before take off. He grabs his rosary from where it hangs on the control panel. "O God, our heavenly Father, whose glory fills the whole creation, and whose presence we find wherever we go: preserve those who travel; surround them with your loving care; protect them from every danger; and bring them in safety to their journey’s end; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.” He turns to Mink and gives her a thumbs up.
Shen remains quiet and listens to the prayer - he considers it rather odd for a mutant cat pilot to be praying as he does, but says nothing, assuming it to be perhaps a quirky custom of the area. At any rate, he is grateful for the opportunity to come along.
Ecks wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:27 am Perception:1d100
JIC:1d20/1d100

Pilot Robots and Power Armor-- 1d100: [66] = 66 /109% (+3%)
Sensory Equipment-- 1d100: [61] = 61 /108%

Ecks replies to Dexter, "Out west. Far west. As far as dangers? All of them more than likely."

He also acknowledges Minkowski's point on the radio. "Yeah, I'm sure we can get it hammered out in the evenings. But good call on the radio."

Ecks sets out a marching order with Morning Glory in front, follow by the mountaineer with Max following above. Ecks sets a brisk pace considering for the first leg of the journey. turning to Brianna he says "Well back into the great unknown. Thankfully without the mindbombs."
Underguard wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:40 pm
Conditions wrote:Location: MercTown
Time/Date: Monday, March 26th, 112 PA || 9pm
Conditions: 31*F (4*C), slight overcast, cold wind cuts through cloths.
Bri Psionic Modifiers: Normal.
Other: N/A
Before departure, Mink successfully installs a temporary radio in Dex's Mountaineer and ensures all radios are patched into the AAPS secured frequencies. (You may elect to have a headset or just the radio; everyone has at least one now.) Then, with the help of the others, extra supplies are loaded into Dex's Mountaineer and with everything fully staged, everyone takes one last chance to do anything they need to in Merctown before takeoff.

At around noon is when the team finally leaves after everything, nearly six hours later than they had planned but the job wasn't on a time crunch so to speak. Mink, Max and Shen all load up in the Skywolf. Mink handles most of the preflight checks while Max resituates himself and after the duo finish their check, Max concludes it with a prayer. When Max takes off following his prayer, he has a bit of a bumpy takeoff that smooths out as he ascends (no pilot check but JiC passed. I need a pilot check next time.). Shen finding himself somewhat surprised by how load the vehicle is even inside the cabin and wearing an odd helmet that has a connection to internal comms; making conversation easy.

Ecks and Bri fire up the Hunter and follow suit with Dex falling in line behind them. With this convoy, the slowest sets the pace and the Hunter is the slowest. The Sky Wolf flies several miles ahead and up, barely in visible range of the other two vehicles but traveling at a matching speed so they don't outpace the ground vehicles. Dex shows that he was not a do-nothing, last minute hire as shown by the ability in which he handles not only his vehicle but the terrain it is forced to drive on. The dwarf also shows an excellent navigating skill, easily able to traverse the terrain and keep up with the Hunter which has to vary its speeds.

Unfortunately, the trek is not a paved path. The main roads surrounding Merctown dying out a few miles away from the city, with all other evidence of roads having been reclaimed by nature. Getting both vehicles across the river was the first major challenge the group had but luckily it was resolved by quick thinking navigators like Mink and Dex. The group is able to find a shallow and ruined part of the river, where scraps of metal and other debris litter it but make it drivable for the large wheels of the Mountaineer.

Ecks and Mink having both done some sensory homework know that they have roughly 2,000 miles, not including detours, to reach the target location. Given the terrain, it is unlikely they will be able to cover more than 3 to 5 hundred miles a day and that is assuming at least ten hours of non-stop moving. Given that, they can expect the trek to take a week, possibly more to dodge the CS and Hives they may encounter along the way.

For the start of their trek, the crew stays north of El Dorado, hanging closer to CS Missouri as having more farmland than anything else, following the path to Kingsdale and beyond. During the trek, Mink and Ecks watch their sensors like hawks, technically being with Coalition territory, even if on the outskirts. The group is pleasantly greeted with a Coalition-free sky for the moment. Mink caught wind of mercs operating somewhere in El Dorado, but their signal faded quickly as they flew out of range. Other than that, sensors have been quiet from threats.

Unfortunately on the first day, due in no small part to a late start and that river, the group is forced to stop somewhere between Kingsdale and Castle Refuge (Group Choice; or you can push through the night with penalties)

Route 01.png

What are you doing?
Shen is indeed surprised at the noise level inside the 'copter, thinking it might have been more insulated, but quickly adjusts. The noise eventually seems to fade into background noise, and the Mang Wu alternates between silently meditating and conversing, and listening to the occasional radio chatter.
Dexter Portlywright wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:15 am Perception: 1d100: [27] = 27 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination Success!
JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 / 1d100: [47] = 47
Brianna Clarke wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:58 pm ”I’m thinking we should stop here for the night, if we can find a safe place to camp. Thoughts?”
"Aye, dat sounds good da me? Me don't much care fer night driv'n. Don't wan to be wreck'n me beauty. Do me can see about nin'ty feet at night. So we might need to go slower den da usual."
Dexter follows the decision of the group, when it comes to making camp. If the group decides to break forge camp he helps out where he can. Afterwards he checks over his ATV to clean out any big debris and also to make sure nothing came loose. If needed Dexter shits the cargo around to better accommodate the rugged terrain. If the group decides to push through the night, Dexter will do his best no to run into anything.
Skill Rolls
Land Navigation 56% 1d100 Success!
Tanks & APCs 58% 1d100Success!
When the time comes to settle in for the evening, Shen remains passive, opting for whatever the group decides to do, and assisting as best he can, doing whatever he can, for the night's camp, including volunteering to stand (sit?) watch by using his psychic powers to view the area.

The Mang Wu will then entertain all who are interested with traditional Chinese music, using both flute and Pi'pa.'

Play Musical Instrument: Chinese Flute (Professional) -- d%: [83] = 83 / 81%
Play Musical Instrument: Pi'pa/Lute (Professional) d%: [5] = 5 / 71%

He will also ask Briana, his first A.A.P.S. friend, if he can make a clay sketch of her after memorizing her features by touch.

Sculpture/Identify Features by Touch (special: can memorize a person's facial, hands, and body features by touch, and render a sculpture of it; takes 15 minutes to do a rough clay "sketch" of a person) -- d%: [11] = 11 /47%

FInally, he will offer to read one person's future if they are interested by using the ancient art of "Mo Ku", the Blind Mystic's art of divination that involves reading hand bones.
Blind Mystic's Divination (Mo Ku)
Called Mo Ku, which means "Touch Bones," the Blind Mystic foretells the future of a person by feeling the bones of their hands and fingers. As with all types of divination, Mo Ku results more in a series of warnings and impressions than any definite or absolute view of the future. Because the Blind Mystic has years of practice of reading hand bones, and manipulating the hands of those who seek divination, the character has become pretty expert at identifying certain things. For example, the Blind Mystic can tell from calluses (or lack of them) exactly what kind of work a character routinely performs (ditch-digging, writing, gardening, combat, etc.). He can also get a good sense of the character's age, physi­cal condition, strength (P.S.), and by feeling the lines in the hand, general alignment (very good/Principled, good, selfish, evil or very evil), level of experience (low, middle, high, very high), and even race. If the character is a Spirit Host or pos­sessed, Spirit Sight will indicate it even before he touches the character. Using Empathy and other psionic abilities will offer more information.
As Kevin Siembieda states in Beyond the Supernatural, "The Game Master should never predetermine the outcome of a game, or any event in a game." However, since the Game Mas­ter has insights in what may lie in store for a character's future, it's possible to see what the choices are in some of the more likely crossroads, and give hints as to dangers that lie ahead.
Typically the Blind Mystic senses the potential for interfer­ence by powerful supernatural entities (or by Enlightened Im­mortals) in the near future. The feeling will be particularly strong if the subject has been observed by the supernatural being (or Immortal) within the last 24 hours. Note: The Blind Mystic cannot use Mo Ku to do self-divination, it only works on others.
  • Duration: 1d6 minutes
  • Base Skill: 60% + 3% per level of ex­perience.
  • I.S.P. Cost: Five.
d%: [17] = 17 / 72%
Shen, the Mang Wu (Blind Mystic)
Current Status
S.D.C.: 122/122
Hit Points: 55/55
P.P.E.: 125/125
I.S.P.: 211/211

Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations
Always On
  • Chi Sight (default condition; any supernatural being, including Ghosts and Astral Travelers, within twenty feet (in any direction), will be noticed by the Blind Mystic. ANY being, supernatural or otherwise, will be sensed within 5')
  • Blind Mystic's Third Eye (can see supernatural beings and creatures of magic with clarity, and at longer range)
  • Sense Chi Movement (can sense the movement of bodies, including hands and feet, well enough to engage in close combat with no penalties, but only at that close range. Can also "see"/sense magic energies involved in spells being cast, or already in play)
  • Spirit Sight (I.D. any infernal or spirit creature by concentrating for a round)
  • Prophetic Dreams (will occasionally get prophetic dreams, or vivid dreams where they seem to "see" events transpiring at great distances away, warnings or visions from the gods, and glimpses of the future) - entirely DM dependent and outside of his control.
  • Radiate Nature (radiates his nature and intentions to some degree; any psychic will feel it up to 100 feet away and nonpsychics within 12 feet. Equivalent of a weak empathic transmission)
  • Sense Supernatural Evil and Psychic Energy (can detect the presence of supernatural evil and magic energy (P.P.E. used as a spell, in magic devices and large amounts in people; 80 or more points); constant and automatic, similar to Dog Boy's senses)
Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +33%
Magic (varies): +10
Lethal Poison (14+): +8
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +8
Insanity (12+): +11
Psionics (as a Master Psionic, Shen needs 10+ to save): +7
Possession: +5
Demonic Curses: +3
Despair-based attacks: +2
Pain: +3
Horror Factor: +4 if HF is based on sounds, smells, and things he can see via Third Eye or feel via psionic abilities
Impervious to magic illusions and Horror Factor from things the character cannot see
Effectively immune to disease and fatigues at half the normal rate.
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Post by Mink »

Perception: 68%/ 1d100: [52] = 52
JIC: 1d20: [12] = 12 , 1d100: [3] = 3
Shen wrote:"Impressive to have curried the favor of the gods," says the Mang Wu after listening to Mink's amazing story. "This weapon you have, it radiates holy power. I believe we are united in our fight against the forces of evil and darkness," he says with a smile. "While I do not glow blue, I can sense supernatural evil in a way similar to what some mutant animals seem to be sensitive to. I have the same sensitivity to magic energy, though it is less pronounced... but with my spiritual eye, I can see many things that the physical eye cannot," he says, gesturing to his "third eye" spot.
"Well we all went because it was important to Briana. She was undergoing incredibly painful explosions of psychic power that was affecting us all. Turns out it was because of her own link to Isis. So given helping the goddess was also helping Briana, in a way, it made it a lot easier to pledge to do something I already felt was right. Protecting people from demons and monsters is part of something I signed up for a long time ago." She considers this might be a bit too much personal information, but she's never discussed with any of them why she became a merc, so the truth is as good a reason as any. The first rule of a convincing cover is to weave just enough truth so that it is second nature.

Mink hears Briana's call over the radio and looks to Max. "Hey, you want to range a bit and see if we can locate a good spot to camp for the night? Once we get in range I'll go down and check it out, then I'll join you back here while we wait on them." Assuming he is good with that plan, she starts peering over the sensors and what maps they have to find a place nearby to begin looking. "I'll let you tell the bossman."
Skill Rolls
Sensory Equipment 60%/ 1d100: [56] = 56 - To find a few places that will work so we can check them out PASS!
Detect Concealment 45%/ 1d100: [14] = 14 - Watching for anything ranging from bandits to animlalistic predators PASS!
Detect Ambush 65%/ 1d100: [64] = 64 - Watching for anything ranging from bandits to animlalistic predators PASS!
Wilderness Survival 80%/ 1d100: [74] = 74 - Checking for locations of resources - Water, edible food, game trails, etc PASS!
Prowl 75%/1 d100: [3] = 3 - To Surveil the chosen spot Critical Success!
Intelligence 82%/ 1d100: [19] = 19 - to look for signs of anyone having used this spot and who they might have been. PASS!
Undercover Ops 60%/ 1d100: [94] = 94 - to ensure she isn't choosing a site often used by national actors (the CS, Whykin, Kingsdale, Tomorrow Legion) based on the markings such agents might leave to mark a safe space. FAIL!
Once a camp is established, Mink helps set up the camp, using the stamina and strength provided by her power armor to accomplish harder tasks - including digging the latrine and clearing brush from it's immediate environs, but also putting up some tarps for privacy. As an aside, while setting up tents, she calls over to the bossman. "You know Ecks, when I was in Ishpeming, I saw this really neat add on for robot vehicles, basically a pop out tent that attaches to your pilot compartment, allowing you to sleep in some comfort, but also some security on the back of the Morning Glory. Still have to climb down for midnight trips to the latrine, but its something you might like."

After ensuring a watch schedule is adopted and that everyone, especially drivers have a good chance to get some sleep, Mink finally pops her power armor and begins wiping down the insides of it in a nightly cleaning ritual. It reminds Ilsa (Mink's birth name in the NGR) of maneuvers in the Black Forest, bedding down each night only after seeing to the maintenance and hygiene of their gear and their bodies. She is obviously lost in thought to any looking her way, with a wistful smile on her lips.
Shen wrote:When the time comes to settle in for the evening, Shen remains passive, opting for whatever the group decides to do, and assisting as best he can, doing whatever he can, for the night's camp, including volunteering to stand (sit?) watch by using his psychic powers to view the area.

The Mang Wu will then entertain all who are interested with traditional Chinese music, using both flute and Pi'pa.'
Mink encourages both Shen's offer of standing watch, rolling him into the schedule, and his musical performance.
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
Underguard
Game Master

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote:Location: Between Castle Refuge and The Colorado Baronies.
Time/Date: Tuesday, March 27th, 112 PA || 0530am
Conditions: 28*F (1*C), slight overcast, cold wind cuts through cloths.
The team collectively agrees to make camp for the night versus traveling in legitimately uncharted territory. Mink takes the initiative and has Max fly her over areas where she can expect hunters and campers blinds or the like, safe places to set up in relatively dangerous territory. It doesn't take the trained operator's eye long to spot such a spot; just enough cover to hide the vehicles, a break in the tree canopy for the Sky Wolf and a brush path leading in and out. Mink can tell this site has been used within the week, likely by another armored force such as themselves. There are no other signs of threats, several game trails and a fire pit carved into a rock face.

The convoy convenes on the spot and everyone is able to maneuver their vehicles into the blind with relative ease. After everyone's vehicles are in, Mink actually finds a concealed layer of camouflage netting that can extend and cover the opening in the canopy. The trees and brush cover aligned with where the fire pit is and the way everyone landed makes having a fire not nearly as obtrusive as it could be.

The night goes relatively uneventful with the most entertaining thing being Shen and his antics. The Mang Wu first entertaining the group during dinner with some traditional music. His attempt at the flute balks but Shen performs a beautiful melody with the Pi'pa. Though Bri doesn't accept his offer initially, Shen is also keen on offering a free fortune telling over dinner.

The image of a fog flashes as the feeling of a building pressure surrounds you, suffocating you. It isn't something you can see and the way it feels is just short of death; the future is uncertain with death looming. Shen is unable to see the future of whomever he reads past August; suggesting an unclear future.

After the evening antics, a watch is established and everyone beds down. Throughout the night, there are obvious nocturnal wildlife that flutters about during anyone's watch, but the set up of the blind is well done. The group has an uneventful evening overnight with everyone resting fully before rising just before dawn.

The morning comes and everyone can wake, do their routine and eat without issue before taking off and continuing their trek.

Pilots; that be Ecks, MAX and Dex, I need Pilot Checks and Nav checks. Other plays can help with Nav checks

What are you doing over the next couple days of travel?
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Exe (PW GA) || EP Ledger
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Post by Mink »

Perception: 68%/ 1d100: [94] = 94
JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19 , 1d100: [75] = 75

Mink takes up her post with Max in the helicopter and again assists on sensors and navigation, listens to the radio and keeps an ear on things. "Ready when you are Max." She definitely engages in light conversation with those in the helicopter. 'I hope things keep going well. We'll have to keep an ear out for signs of CS settlements. I know what the transponders sound like, so I should be okay to keep us away from them.'

Radio: Basic 100%/ 1d100: [92] = 92 - to scan the wideband PASS!
Sensory Equipment 60%/ 1d100: [30] = 30 - keep an eye on things. PASS!
Navigation 85%/ 1d100: [14] = 14 - Assist with Navigation PASS!
Intelligence 82%/ 1d100: [87] = 87 - Listen for patterns or information which might help them avoid trouble. FAIL!
Land Navigation 46%/ 1d100: [75] = 75 FAIL!
Last edited by Mink on Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image
Maximillian O'Malley

Post by Maximillian O'Malley »

Pilot: Military-Combat Helicopters 73% 1d100: [25] = 25
Navigation 70% 1d100: [84] = 84
Camouflage 55% 1d100: [19] = 19
Perception: 34% 1d100: [78] = 78
Mechanics: Aircraft 55% 1d100: [15] = 15
JIC: 1d20: [16] = 16
JIC: 1d100: [52] = 52

Max is tired. It takes a lot of concentration to fly a helicopter for so long. He is ready to put it down and rest.
"Ready when you are Max."
"Right, all right." Max gets a boost of energy from the thought. He begins to scan the area looking for a camp for the night spot. Not to close to the road, but not to far. No game trails. A place where they wont be bothered.
"I got a spot. I'm setting down in that clearing" He says pointing out his preference. Pending no one objects he sets down.
No rest for the wicked He has work to do before it gets to dark. He starts his post flight check list and maintenance. He then helps camouflage the equipment and break up the outline of the Skywolf. He sets himself up with a camp spot and cleans himself up. Max hates helmet hair.
He hears the music playing but has no energy left to take part. He instead listens and dozes off waiting for guard instructions.
Maximillian O'Malley
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 87&t=16811
perception 34%
N-F20A Medium Force Field: 75 MDC
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 35
• Arms: 14 each
• Legs: 18 each
• Main Body: 30

Always active: Sixth Sense
Shen

Post by Shen »

Perception: d%: [20] = 20 /50%
JIC (20): d20: [12] = 12
JIC (100): d%: [44] = 44

Conditions of Note:
Chi Sight
This is the "default" condition that is in place at any given time. Any supernatural being, including Ghosts and Astral Travelers, within twenty feet (in any direction), will be noticed by the Blind Mystic, but only as a faint, hazy, diffused light in the distance, like a lantern in a fog. However, the hazy light is accompanied with a "bad feeling" that suggests the presence of the supernatural. In addition, the character can "feel" the Chi present in anyone, mortal or supernatural, within ten feet of him (half outside China). If a mortal, he can't see him, but he knows he is there.
To see luminous supernatural beings clearly, the Blind Mystic must activate his Third Eye by expending positive Chi (I.S.P.). When he does this, the faded blurs of light come into focus with crystal clarity, filling the blind man's world of darkness with unmistakable images of light, born from a more sinister, supernatural darkness.
Of course anything/anyone visible to the Blind Mystic can be easily targeted, though he usually continues the charade of being blind and/or drunk and will accidentally trip, hit, or blast an opponent.
Fundamentally the same as the Psi-Hound. Like a bloodhound smelling a familiar scent, the Psyscape psychic can detect the presence of supernatural evil and magic energy (P.P.E. used as a spell, in magic devices and large amounts in people; 80 or more points). The ability is constant and automatic, just like the ability to see and smell. The psychic can sense whenever a magic spell is used within the range of sensitivity. If the energy is being continually expended, like a series of magic attacks, or is of a duration/affect longer than one melee round (15 seconds), the character can trace it with relative ease to the source (i.e. the supernatural creature or the character using magic).
Base Skill: 72% +2% per level of experience to identify the specific type/race of paranormal creature, and includes alien intelligences, gods, demigods, demons, vampires, entities and creatures of magic, like dragons. This ability can also detect whether a person is possessed by supernatural beings.
Base Skill at tracking by this "psychic scent": 50% +5% per level of experience. 70% +3% per level of experience if the supernatural being is also using magic.
Range: 100 feet per level of experience to sense the presence of a supernatural being when it is not using any special, magical or psionic powers. 1000 feet +100 feet per additional level of experience when the supernatural force is actively using its supernatural powers or magic.
Note: Close proximity to ley lines and nexus points disrupts these psychic senses, rendering them useless.
Shen is projecting/radiating this emotion to everyone within 12 feet: Calm: Peaceful and somewhat introspective. Others will sense genuine goodwill and peaceful intentions, putting them at ease.

Mink wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:45 pm
Shen wrote:"Impressive to have curried the favor of the gods," says the Mang Wu after listening to Mink's amazing story. "This weapon you have, it radiates holy power. I believe we are united in our fight against the forces of evil and darkness," he says with a smile. "While I do not glow blue, I can sense supernatural evil in a way similar to what some mutant animals seem to be sensitive to. I have the same sensitivity to magic energy, though it is less pronounced... but with my spiritual eye, I can see many things that the physical eye cannot," he says, gesturing to his "third eye" spot.
"Well we all went because it was important to Briana. She was undergoing incredibly painful explosions of psychic power that was affecting us all. Turns out it was because of her own link to Isis. So given helping the goddess was also helping Briana, in a way, it made it a lot easier to pledge to do something I already felt was right. Protecting people from demons and monsters is part of something I signed up for a long time ago."
Shen listens to Mink's story, imagining in his mind the difficulties involved. "In China, demons and monsters are.. somewhat different than here. Much of China is overrun by them, in fact. But, that is a story for another time, perhaps. I hope these 'explosions of psychic power' you refer to do not affect other psychics as badly as they seem to have affected Briana," he says, wary that his own psychic power could cause strange or unexpected effects if Briana's mind storms were active around him.
Underguard wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:30 pm
Time/Date: Tuesday, March 27th, 112 PA || 0530am
Conditions: 28*F (1*C), slight overcast, cold wind cuts through cloths.
The team collectively agrees to make camp for the night versus traveling in legitimately uncharted territory. Mink takes the initiative and has Max fly her over areas where she can expect hunters and campers blinds or the like, safe places to set up in relatively dangerous territory. It doesn't take the trained operator's eye long to spot such a spot; just enough cover to hide the vehicles, a break in the tree canopy for the Sky Wolf and a brush path leading in and out. Mink can tell this site has been used within the week, likely by another armored force such as themselves. There are no other signs of threats, several game trails and a fire pit carved into a rock face.

The convoy convenes on the spot and everyone is able to maneuver their vehicles into the blind with relative ease. After everyone's vehicles are in, Mink actually finds a concealed layer of camouflage netting that can extend and cover the opening in the canopy. The trees and brush cover aligned with where the fire pit is and the way everyone landed makes having a fire not nearly as obtrusive as it could be.

The night goes relatively uneventful with the most entertaining thing being Shen and his antics. The Mang Wu first entertaining the group during dinner with some traditional music. His attempt at the flute balks but Shen performs a beautiful melody with the Pi'pa. Though Bri doesn't accept his offer initially, Shen is also keen on offering a free fortune telling over dinner.

The image of a fog flashes as the feeling of a building pressure surrounds you, suffocating you. It isn't something you can see and the way it feels is just short of death; the future is uncertain with death looming. Shen is unable to see the future of whomever he reads past August; suggesting an unclear future.

After the evening antics, a watch is established and everyone beds down. Throughout the night, there are obvious nocturnal wildlife that flutters about during anyone's watch, but the set up of the blind is well done. The group has an uneventful evening overnight with everyone resting fully before rising just before dawn.

The morning comes and everyone can wake, do their routine and eat without issue before taking off and continuing their trek.

Pilots; that be Ecks, MAX and Dex, I need Pilot Checks and Nav checks. Other plays can help with Nav checks

What are you doing over the next couple days of travel?
The Mang Wu speaks aloud what he senses with his Mo Ku: "I sense... suffocating fog... not visible, yet present. There is a sense of looming death and an uncertain future."

He then says, "It is difficult to see beyond the immediate future today. Perhaps another day, the gods will be more generous with their visions," in a somewhat apologetic tone.

In the morning, Shen will rise and perform his martial arts and calisthenic routines. Dà zhì qiáng ruòzhě, yǎngbìng zhě, zhèn ruò zhě, gǔwǔ dǎnqiè zhě
Translation
The great ultimate strengthens the weak, raises the sick, invigorates the debilitated, and encourages the timid
Shen will continue to get to know his teammates better and attempt to make up for his lousy flute performance at the next stop.

Play Musical Instrument: Chinese Flute (Professional) --> d%: [47] = 47 / 81%
Current Status

Always On
  • Chi Sight (default condition; any supernatural being, including Ghosts and Astral Travelers, within twenty feet (in any direction), will be noticed by the Blind Mystic. ANY being, supernatural or otherwise, will be sensed within 5')
  • Blind Mystic's Third Eye (can see supernatural beings and creatures of magic with clarity, and at longer range)
  • Sense Chi Movement (can sense the movement of bodies, including hands and feet, well enough to engage in close combat with no penalties, but only at that close range. Can also "see"/sense magic energies involved in spells being cast, or already in play)
  • Spirit Sight (I.D. any infernal or spirit creature by concentrating for a round)
  • Prophetic Dreams (will occasionally get prophetic dreams, or vivid dreams where they seem to "see" events transpiring at great distances away, warnings or visions from the gods, and glimpses of the future) - entirely DM dependent and outside of his control.
  • Radiate Nature (radiates his nature and intentions to some degree; any psychic will feel it up to 100 feet away and nonpsychics within 12 feet. Equivalent of a weak empathic transmission)
  • Sense Supernatural Evil and Psychic Energy (can detect the presence of supernatural evil and magic energy (P.P.E. used as a spell, in magic devices and large amounts in people; 80 or more points); constant and automatic, similar to Dog Boy's senses)
Horror Factor: +4 if HF is based on sounds, smells, and things he can see via Third Eye or feel via psionic abilities
Impervious to magic illusions and Horror Factor from things the character cannot see
Ecks
Group Leader

Post by Ecks »

Perception: 1d100: [82] = 82 /85%
JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13 / 1d100: [86] = 86

Pilot Robots and Power Armor-- 1d100: [80] = 80 , 1d100: [31] = 31 , 1d100: [21] = 21 /109% (+3%)

Ecks, stretches, finally able to get out of the cockpit. As dinner is prepared, he trades comments about the journey so far.

Mink mentions seeing the camping attachment for giant robots. He nods, "Yeah, I should have bought that setup. Sure wouldn't hurt being up off the ground."

Over the course the next few days, he organizes the group in a sort of an accordion, sending Mink out to scout the next location to move to. Ecks wants to avoid any coalition entanglements. He also wants to keep Max's helicopter out of the sky as much as possible due to its carrying sound signature until they can get beyond the coalition.
Last edited by Ecks on Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ecks
Medals
H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Dexter Portlywright »

Perception: 1d100: [50] = 50 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20: [6] = 6 / 1d100: [72] = 72

Over the next couple of days Dexter tries to enjoy the scenery as best he can. During the travels he keeps an eye out for any chance for him to do some prospecting. Following the directions if the group. If he doesn't have time, he will make notes of location, so he return in the future. When the group breaks for camp for the night, Dexter will help out where he can. Afterwards he will check over all the vehicles. Making sure nothing is out of place. With any time leftover, Dexter will try talking to Ecks about future projects and ideas either of them have. "What type of mod'ifications do ya'll got planed fer dese? Do ya' want any'ting ta have TW ench'ments?" Dat Hunter, sure looks sweet. Wonder what's underr da hood? What kind'a power does it run on?
Skill Rolls
Land Navigation 56% 1d100: [61] = 61 - to maintain set course (Fail!)
Tanks & APCs 58% 1d100: [32] = 32 - to keep the ATV on the road and upright (Suscess!)
Aircraft Mechanics 45% 1d100: [41] = 41 - Basic maintenance of the Sky Wolf (Suscess!)
Robot Mechanics 40% 1d100: [64] = 64 - Basic maintenance of the Hunter (Fail!)
Mechanical Engineer 65% 1d100: [12] = 12 - Basic maintenance of all the vehicles (Suscess!)
Automotive Mechanics 45% 1d100: [17] = 17 - basic maintenance of the ATV (Suscess!)

Mining (also includes Prospecting) 55% 1d100: [90] = 90 - find places to do some prospecting (Fail!)
Dexter Portlywright

P.P.E. - 93/93
I.S.P. - 34/34

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 27/27

[ooc=Equipment][/ooc]
Ecks
Group Leader

Post by Ecks »

((rolls carried))

Dexter inquires about technowizard modifications. "Well, not so much a mod to a vehicle, but.." he pauses while pulling out a silver BB6. Opening the chamber, he retrieves a cartridge covered in inscriptions. "I had these TW cartridges made a while back. I'd like to perhaps have a few different types of cartridges. I'm not overly fond of magic, but I won't deny its usefulness. I'm open to ideas. Looking for utility more than outright destructive power, but i wouldn't say no to the latter either."
Ecks
Medals
H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Post by Mink »

(Rolls held)
Ecks wrote:Over the course the next few days, he organizes the group in a sort of an accordion, sending Mink out to scout the next location to move to. Ecks wants to avoid any coalition entanglements. He also wants to keep Max's helicopter out of the sky as much as possible due to its carrying sound signature until they can get beyond the coalition.
Mink can't say she's happy about it, but she scouts without complaint or hesitation. She leaves her scythe and pack in the helicopter, however. She starts each day with Max taking her up high, her getting a look around with the helicopter's more powerful sensors, and then she exits the helicopter in flight. As she does, the intention is to allow Max to go back down to earth and wait for word. She'll rocket off once clear of the craft, and then free fall to earth, letting her sensors do the work, slowing with light use of her jet pack until she lands with her usual flourish. She then proceeds on foot with enough of a headstart. There are times she gets turned around. Land Nav was never her favorite subject, but she recalls her lessons and makes suitable progress, using her jetpack and sensors combined with more normal navigational techniques, to make sure she doesn't get too far off. There are a few times when she misjudges the strength of something she was using as a landing pad and she ends up flat on her ass or in a tangle of limbs and trees.

As she finds paths, she radios back, keeping everyone apprised of the situation. Each night when they stop, Mink still organizes the encampment, but she makes the others do the work. She instead spends her time on maintenance of her PA and stretching and resting her weary body. She also starts earlier than everyone else and she ends up being at the next camp site each night before them.

Back Flip 105%/ 1d100: [99] = 99 - Parkour through the woods FAIL!
Walk tightrope or high wire 91%/ 1d100: [33] = 33 - Parkour through the woods PASS!
Lore: Demons & Monsters 85%/ 1d100: [66] = 66 - Look for signs of monsters or people having been hunting them PASS!
Detect Ambush 70%/ 1d100: [2] = 2 - Avoid Ambushes and predators CRITICAL SUCCESS!
Prowl 75%/ 1d100: [27] = 27 - Avoid Ambushes and predators PASS!
Sensory Equipment 65%/ 1d100: [56] = 56 - Using PA Sensors PASS!
Jet Packs 82%/ 1d100: [57] = 57 - Flying, freefalling, and Checking location PASS!
Image Image
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Brianna Clarke »

Perception: 1d100: [61] = 61 (88%)
JIC: 1d20: [16] = 16 , 1d100: [34] = 34

Navigation 1d100: [51] = 51 , 1d100: [44] = 44 (55%), pass

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: Normal (18/18)
Mesi's PPE 90/90 remaining

Brianna accepts Shen's offer to draw a clay sketch of her, curious to see how he does it, especially given that he was blind. Assuming he finishes it, Brianna is very impressed. ”Wow, that's great! Thank you!” She can't help but wonder if Will would like one but then shakes her head. It's probably egotistical of me to think he'd want something like that. Brianna thinks to herself.

As they settle, Brianna does what she can to help set up camp and tries to makes sure she's rested for the trip ahead. As they drive, Brianna keeps an eye out and helps with the navigation as best as she can, so they don't get lost.

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor. Helmet: 50/50, Main Body: 90/90, Arms: 40/40 each, Legs: 50/50 each with N-F20A Medium Force Field (75 MDC) -35/75 FF Activated

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
Underguard
Game Master

Post by Underguard »

Time/Date: Friday, March 30th, 112 PA || 0313am
Conditions: 28*F (1*C), Biting wind, clear skies, no rift for miles.
Bri Psionic Modifiers: Enhanced.
The convoy accordions along for the next couple of days with Mink able to successfully steer the group away from several suspicious signals and at least two CS patrols. Those patrols seem to die down on the second day after the group is well past the territory and in uncharted lands. Officially crossing into the New Frontier, where the only thing on anyone's map is the Colorado Baronies and its a red zone.

For the most part, travel within the convoy is pretty routine considering how unroutine the wilderness is. Anyone who's studies pre-rifts history could potentially recognize the rumored Great Plains. The plains are not what anyone could expect with much of the wild reclaimed by magic, monsters and trees. There is a moment, ever brief, where during Mink's scouting runs, Dexter loses sight of the convoy. Fortunately radio signal remains strong and the dwarf is able to follow until linking back up. On his detour, Dexter notes several interesting spots for prospecting; depending on what he is looking for. A few of the team have nothing to do during the travel but make conversation and entertain their drivers, and Shen is able to do just that with his antics. If it isn't a clay portrait it's impressive flute playing or storytelling.

After finding two more successful camp sites, Mink doesn't drop her guard on her watches and keeps an eye on the sensors. On the morning of the third day, about fifteen into Mink's watch, her sensors ping. She blinks and it is gone. Looking around and moving, her sensors ping again with two signals this time; one of either side of the camp.

Mink feels the goosebumps ride her arm as her danger sense kicks in with both Bri and Shen rising as their own senses alert them to the danger. It is dark and hard to see without optics, and there is foliage that surrounds the team. The trio quickly rouse their sleeping companions before everyone hears an echoing, taunting shout. Looking north, towards the sound, everyone's sensor pings as another shout it heard from behind them. Then another to their west, and another. The taunting calls continue as the team realizes they are surrounded.

This goes on for thirty seconds until finally something steps into the nearest visible light of the vehicles around the camp. It is a man in quite-apparent post-apocalyptic wear, down to the mismatched knee pads, the tattered vests and pants, the old but deadly looking weapon in his hand. He looks towards the convoy, standing and eyeing down their camp before shouting again. His face smeared with warpaint, his call prompts several more shouts in unison as everyone's sensors ping. Experienced adventures of the party recognize this as raiders however the stronger psionics of the group sense otherwise.

Both Bri and Shen sense an evil around them, a supernatural one, surrounds them and is within a few hundred feet. Though neither can locate it.

You are surrounded, what are you doing?
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Exe (PW GA) || EP Ledger
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
Shen

Post by Shen »

Perception: d%: [24] = 24 /50%
JIC (20): d20: [14] = 14
JIC (100): d%: [9] = 9

Roll to Sense Supernatural Evil and Magic Energy (as below): d%: [73] = 73 / 82%

Conditions of Note:
Chi Sight
Shen is projecting/radiating this emotion to everyone within 12 feet: Alarmed: The character is alert and on edge, and may be actively trying to find some sort of perceived danger. Others will likely be on high alert and look around themselves.

Underguard wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:27 pm
Time/Date: Friday, March 30th, 112 PA || 0313am
Conditions: 28*F (1*C), Biting wind, clear skies, no rift for miles.
Bri Psionic Modifiers: Enhanced.
Mink feels the goosebumps ride her arm as her danger sense kicks in with both Bri and Shen rising as their own senses alert them to the danger. It is dark and hard to see without optics, and there is foliage that surrounds the team. The trio quickly rouse their sleeping companions before everyone hears an echoing, taunting shout. Looking north, towards the sound, everyone's sensor pings as another shout it heard from behind them. Then another to their west, and another. The taunting calls continue as the team realizes they are surrounded.

This goes on for thirty seconds until finally something steps into the nearest visible light of the vehicles around the camp. It is a man in quite-apparent post-apocalyptic wear, down to the mismatched knee pads, the tattered vests and pants, the old but deadly looking weapon in his hand. He looks towards the convoy, standing and eyeing down their camp before shouting again. His face smeared with warpaint, his call prompts several more shouts in unison as everyone's sensors ping. Experienced adventures of the party recognize this as raiders however the stronger psionics of the group sense otherwise.

Both Bri and Shen sense an evil around them, a supernatural one, surrounds them and is within a few hundred feet. Though neither can locate it.
When the Mang Wu's Sixth Sense pings, he immediately rouses from sleep and stands at the ready, not knowing what to expect. Then, he feels it - the sense of supernatural evil in the area.

Qiāo jī cǎo huì tíxǐng shé.
Translation
Striking the grass alerts the snake.
Grabbing and removing the wrappings on his Firestaff for battle, the Chinese man quickly goes around rousing the others with an almost frightening speed that one would not expect from a blind person, once more proving that the man is more than he seems at first glance (like many things on Rifts Earth). When rousing the sleeping members, he will remark, "Evil is close.. supernatural evil, and there is movement and sound outside."

SInce Bri is already awake, Shen knows she senses and/or hears the sounds as well. Armed and as prepared for confrontation as he will likely be, the Mang Wu steps out into the area and activates his hyper-sensitive Third Eye to "see" anything or anyone who could be out there more clearly.

If/when Shen encounters Mink, he will remark, "You may need your holy weapon for this, as supernatural evil is close."

If Shen senses/sees any spirits (entities or otherwise) in the area, he will relay this information to the others: "Spirits are here, be on your guard," etc.

When the "leader" steps forward, Shen will focus his Third Eye on him and use See Aura if he registers as a supernatural/magical being (or if possessed - both are revealed by the Third Eye). If the "man" registers as a spirit (or possessed by one), he will use Spirit Sight to learn even more about him.

Shen will take direction from Ecks and the others about what to do as well. If combat breaks out, he will activate his Sense Chi Movement ability, activate his Firestaff, and immediately cast Armor of Ithan upon himself as defensive measures. Until such a moment arrives, however, Shen will not make a hostile move toward whoever-it-is, instead opting for information-gathering and preparatory activities... for now.
Current Status

Always On
Ecks
Group Leader

Post by Ecks »

Perception: 1d100: [82] = 82 /85%
JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4 / 1d100: [10] = 10

Ecks is roused by those on watch and jumps up. He scrambles into his Gladius ((or if no time, simply grabs the armored coat)) to greet the visitor. Peering out of the Mobile Hunter at the new arrivals outside, he jumps down. As everyone else is preparing too, he focuses on the man.

Raiders? Crap. Maybe they can be reasoned with. he thinks with a cynical laugh.

"Howdy, friend, if friend you are. What can we do for you?" he says over the Gladius' speaker. "We're just traveling through, heading west and aren't interested in being a nuisance to anyone."

Much like his talents as a navigator, his ability to sense the supernatural is non existent. However he sense a wave of alarm that is not his own as Shen draws near. The blind man warns there is something supernatural near. Turning back to the stranger he adds, "My friend smells the supernatural. You with it or against it?" Ecks asks, his hand now resting on Mantooth.
Ecks
Medals
H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Dexter Portlywright »

Perception: [roll]1d100[/roll] / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: [roll]1d20[/roll] / [roll]1d100[/roll]

Dexter scrambles out of bed, grabbing his rifle and helmet. Putting on his helmet and taking a few seconds to cast See Invisible (4), focusing his energy through the display screen of his helmet. He loads his Rifle and turns off the safety before heading to gather with the rest of the group. Cant dis wait till morn'in? Me still a little sleepy. No time fer dat, now. Gott'a focus. Don't want ta be caught off guard. As he arrives next to the others, Dexter scans the area, using his natural night vision and his recently cast spell. He will point out anything hidden or potentially dangerous. When it's mentioned that there is supernatural about, Dexter will cast Armor of Ithan (10). "Dis don't bode well. How did day get all 'round dus?" Dexter looks over at Ecks. "Don't dink day be wit dus, at least not by dare actions." Dexter takes a defensive stance, waiting for a sign of hostility before acting.
Dexter Portlywright

P.P.E. - 93/93
I.S.P. - 34/34

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 27/27

[ooc=Equipment][/ooc]
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Brianna Clarke »

Perception: 1d100: [45] = 45 (88%)
JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13 , 1d100: [16] = 16

Navigation 1d100: [49] = 49 , 1d100: [61] = 61 55%
Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: Normal (36/36)
Mesi's PPE 90/90 remaining

Brianna confirms Shen’s warning to the rest of the group. ”I can feel supernatural evil as well. Not sure what it is but it’s within a few hundred feet of our location.” She wonders what it could be and worries there’s more than one supernatural evil creature in the area. Hopefully, whatever it is, we can handle it.

Brianna remains quiet, figuring too many people talking at this point would only muddle things. She’s increasingly unsettled as she realizes, at the very least, the group is surrounded by the group the man in the post-apocalyptic get up is with. What do they want? Are they trying to rob us? Brianna wonders as she continues to watch the sensors for signs of other attackers.

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor. Helmet: 50/50, Main Body: 90/90, Arms: 40/40 each, Legs: 50/50 each with N-F20A Medium Force Field (75 MDC) -35/75 FF Activated

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
Maximillian O'Malley

Post by Maximillian O'Malley »

perception: 1d100: [100] = 100
JIC: 1d100: [74] = 74
JIC: 1d20: [5] = 5

Max was sleeping a sweet sleep dreaming of strange encounters with strange mythical beasts and naked bow legged women. Shen woke him. Max's hair stood up immediately upon his waking. He jumped up and readied himself quickly and quietly. He looks around and shakes the groggy feel from his head. He scans the perimeter and sizes up the situation. The chances that he gets the chopper started and airborne before they rip him to shreds don't look good to him. Max needs a few minutes to get up. He takes a defensive posture.
"I dont suppose they are willing to negotiate" He says out loud to no one in particular. He then begins scanning around for cover. He feels out numbered and may require a place to hide or something to put at his back.
Maximillian O'Malley
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 87&t=16811
perception 34%
N-F20A Medium Force Field: 75 MDC
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 35
• Arms: 14 each
• Legs: 18 each
• Main Body: 30

Always active: Sixth Sense

Return to “AA Professional Services”