Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Drake »

Perception: 1d100: [45] = 45 /55%
Just in Case: 1d20: [16] = 16 ; 1d100: [24] = 24
Conditions:
Basic Combat Awareness: Against One Opponent.
• Negates any bonuses provided by the weapon/machine.
• The Cyber-Knight knows what his opponent is doing the same instant his opponent does it, enabling the knight to react a split second faster: +3 on initiative against attacks from modern guns and machines (bionics, robots, etc.), and +6 against artificial intelligences and computers like Skelebots and automated defense systems. Cyber-Knight is +3 to strike and parry.
• Meanwhile, the Cyber-Knight's gun toting or tech-laden opponent is -3 to dodge the Cyber-Knight's attacks and loses 2 melee attacks/actions due to time spent compensating for the Cyber-Knight's amazing agility, combat skills and awareness.
Cloud Sensors: The Cyber-Knight cannot be accurately detected with Sensors.
• Sensors" are limited to those in Robots, Power Armor, Vehicles with Weapons/Sensor systems.
• Inexperienced (1st-3rd Level) sensor operators cannot use sensors at all, and -2 attacks per melee every time they try to figure out what's going on.
• Experienced operators are uncertain, hesitate, and lose one melee action, with a -40% skill penalty.

NG Road Hog Motorcycle Main Body 115/115
NG-EX10 Gladius Light Exo-Skeleton Battle Armor Main Body 180/180
• [roll]N-F40A Heavy Force Field[/roll] Force Field 110/110
Armored M.D.C. “Tank” Trench Coat Main Body 50/50

Underguard wrote:Drake keeps a stoic gaze as he observes the beautiful forest, not as taken as the others are and more on edge. Drake notices two other paths, one north and one south as well as the one that Mink identifies as opened towards the west after Arvid's communion. The northern route would only fit smaller vehicles (hovercycles, bikes, etc. APCs and larger are no-fly) and is more rocky while the southern path would easily fit the hunter but seems to become more swampy. The trees are open enough to walk between them but clustered enough to not see more than a dozen feet into the treeline.
"I got three paths, one won't fit Morning glory though. North, South, and West. North route is the small one while the South is pretty swampy though." Drake calls out over the radio.

Drake sits quietly on his bike, watching the scenery. Nice enough place if not for that aura of unease. "If you're looking for suggestions, then I vote west." Drake finally says. Good enough direction as any, when we got no idea where we are. Drake thinks to himself.
"I hear black and I have no mercy." ~Drake, during the black rage. EP
"The sun persists in rising, so I make myself stand." -Katniss Everdeen
"Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves." ~The First Histories of Man.
Ecks
Group Leader

Post by Ecks »

Perception: 1d100: [82] = 82 /85%
JIC: 1d100: [77] = 77 / 1d20: [16] = 16

Bri shares that she senses something powerful is living in the forest. Ecks frowns, "Well, as long as it's not a goddess asking me out on a date again... you know how shy I am." Though Ecks is joking, nothing gets the operator on alert like a supernatural power. Of course supernatural entities seem to be their bread and butter, though it doesn't make it any easier.

"Alright everyone, Drake's suggestion makes enough sense, let's push west. Vera and Minkowski, can you get eyes on what's ahead? We need to get the cover model a radio. See if he will go with you. Just be cautious since he's an unknown entity."

Jack mentions instruction, which catches Ecks' attention. "Training? Military? What did you train on?" The operator is so used to the supernatural, being able to talk shop for a moment brightens his mood. Of course he has no idea what Jack may or may not know or care about the hardware he was working with, but it doesn't stop him from asking.

Minerva's prognostication hangs heavy in the air inside, Morning Glory. "Minerva, do you have any capability of digging deeper into that vision?" Of course Ecks still isn't familiar with everyone's full capabilities.

Ecks carefully maneuvers through the forest, being gentile as possible.
Ecks
Medals
H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Vera Morozov
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Vera Morozov »

Perception: 1d100: [59] = 59 / 47%
JiC d100: 1d100: [23] = 23 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [17] = 17
Constant Effects
Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (+2 if religious or fearful of angels)
Language Translator: Auto-Translates languages at 98.7% accuracy, 70% accuracy for 3-6 speakers. Knows 10 most common languages.
Amplified Hearing: Can hear almost inaudible sounds up to 360 feet away; can track by sound as a skill at 50%.
Passive Nightvision: Nightvision using ambient light out to 2,000' (Range increased to 6,000' when used with telescopic sight)
Light Filters: Reduces glare.
Sound Filters: Diminishes potentially damaging sounds.
Lung with Gas Filter and Oxygen Storage: Can breathe w/out air for up to 2 hours; immune to toxic gases, 94% chance nerve and poison gas do nothing.
Ecks wrote:"Alright everyone, Drake's suggestion makes enough sense, let's push west. Vera and Minkowski, can you get eyes on what's ahead? We need to get the cover model a radio. See if he will go with you. Just be cautious since he's an unknown entity."
As Vera is about to decide on a course of action, she hears Ecks' question and pauses for a moment before making her way down, trying not to break any branches, considering the mentions so far that the forest seems alive, along with her own observations.
I won't have eyes on anything when that storm hits, not to mention the chance of losing the rest of the group entirely.

As carefully makes her way down, she responds, "Нет, I can't tell much with the storm brewing ahead. The forest is closing its canopy to shelter against it. I am making my way down an opening before it closes, else I'll be separated from the rest of the group until weather passes, I imagine. I can move forward to scout ahead, if you feel necessary."

She will group up with the others if Ecks wants her with the rest of them, but if he wants her eyes ahead of the group she will move at a faster pace to push past them instead.

Climbing Rolls
Climbing: 1d100: [21] = 21 / 90% - Climb through the canopy without breaking anything on her way down.
Climbing: 1d100: [20] = 20 / 90% - Climb through the canopy without breaking anything on her way down.
Climbing: 1d100: [16] = 16 / 90% - Climb through the canopy without breaking anything on her way down.
Vera Morozov
A Russian Angelus ex Machina!
M.D.C.

N-F40A Heavy Force Field
  • Force Field M.D.C.: 110/110
L1-B1 Light Infantry Armor
  • Main Body: 150/150 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm: 20/20 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm: 20/20 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg: 35/35 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg: 35/35 M.D.C.
  • Head: 15/15 M.D.C.
  • -5% to Physical skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing, Gymnastics, Pick Pockets, Prowl, and Swimming.
M.D.C. by Location
  • Head - 150/150 M.D.C. with Helmet
  • Main Body - 290/290 M.D.C.
  • Right Hand - 30/30 M.D.C.
  • Left Hand - 30/30 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm - 90/90 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm - 90/90 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg - 120/120 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg - 120/120 M.D.C.
  • Right Foot - 65/65 M.D.C.
  • Left Foot - 65/65 M.D.C.
  • Right Wing - 175/175 M.D.C.
  • Left Wing - 175/175 M.D.C.
  • Main Rear Jets (3; small) - 40/40 each
  • Lower Maneuvering Jets (3; even smaller) - 25/25 each
  • Wing Mini-Missiles (8; self-launch) - 15/15 M.D.C. each
  • Concealed Forearm Lasers (2; 1 per arm) - 10/10 M.D.C. each
Weapons & Attacks
Hand-to-Hand Combat:
  • Claw Strike - 3D4 M.D.
  • Head Butt - 2D4 M.D.
  • Restrained Punch - 1D4 M.D.
  • Full Strength Punch - 2D6 M.D.
  • Power Punch - 4D6 M.D.
  • Kick - 2D6 M.D. +2D6 M.D. from the Vibro-Blade damage.
  • Flying Leap Kick or Power Dive (feet first) - Does 1D6x10 - Special effect, see character sheet for details.

Vibro-Scythe: 4D6 M.D. (+2 from W.P. Polearm); Range: Melee or 600' when thrown.
Vibro-Scythe Ion Blaster: 2D6 or 4D6 M.D.; Range: 1,200'; Payload: 28/30, rechargeable via cable to cyborg power supply, or half by E-Clip (15 shots).
Concealed Forearm Lasers: 1D6 M.D. for single, 2D6 M.D. for dual blast (counts as one melee action); Range: 1,600'; Payload: Effectively Unlimited
Giant-Sized Vibro-Blades: 1d4x10 M.D.; Range: Melee
Wing Mini-Missiles: AP Missiles 1D4x10 M.D., Plasma Missiles 1D6x10 M.D.; Can fire one at a time, or in volleys of two or four; Range: 1 mile; Payload: 8/8, 4 AP and 4 Plasma. - Not Present at Moment.
Constant Effects
Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (+2 if religious or fearful of angels)
Language Translator: Auto-Translates languages at 98.7% accuracy, 70% accuracy for 3-6 speakers. Knows 10 most common languages.
Amplified Hearing: Can hear almost inaudible sounds up to 360 feet away; can track by sound as a skill at 50%.
Passive Nightvision: Nightvision using ambient light out to 2,000' (Range increased to 6,000' when used with telescopic sight)
Light Filters: Reduces glare.
Sound Filters: Diminishes potentially damaging sounds.
Lung with Gas Filter and Oxygen Storage: Can breathe w/out air for up to 2 hours; immune to toxic gases, 94% chance nerve and poison gas do nothing.
Arvid Hammerson

Post by Arvid Hammerson »

((Rolls Carry Over))
Heading West
Ecks frowns, "Well, as long as it's not a goddess asking me out on a date again... you know how shy I am." "Training? Military? What did you train on?"
Hovering close by Arvin thinks, Ecks has been out with a Goddess, no wonder he is in charge here. I wonder which one? I wonder if I know here or of her. "Well the first few battles, more like Skirmishes, most of us youngsters usually patch up those who are wounded on the front, Human, Elves, and Dwarves. Odin always thought it was wise for us young Asgardian to be able to take care of each others. Good moral showing that we care about them and will take care of them. You call them Paramedics i believe. This accomplished a few things more than saving lives and fixing the wounded. Like, it got us use to blood and gore of battles and served as a reminder that if we immortals aren't in front taking on the enemy, more of our friends end up like this. Very Humbling, again why you saw me ready for a fight. Oh, Then when I first was allowed into battle against a small group of Giants And Trolls, we were the ones who initiated battle thus drawing the focus of the enemy on us til the others could swarm them. It worked rather well for the main part. Later I was allowed to go in behind enemies lines and stir up trouble with others. Finding their camps, disrupting their sleep and make them fight among themselves."

So, if someone hand him a radio he lowers his lightning show to take it. Then Arvin pauses a second or two and ask, "Where do you want me and how am I to respond? Do you direct us. or if attacked,I should Attack them?"
The BOLT
OOC Comments
Avrid Hammerson
Zapper/Air Warlock

Description: Large,7-foot, handsome, male shoulder length blonde hair. jovial, smiles, (What does he have to fear, and he comes from the ruling class of Asgard) Muscles(Yes, his muscles have muscles and he is not trying to show off) Wears boots up to his knees. Hooded, light tan, surcoat with light blue pipping and, a Bear Skull, hooded Polar Bear Cape. Around his neck is a pendant with a large sapphire. Smiles, friendly, 20-ish looking, real age about 100.

Horror Factor:10 When they realize what they are up against
PPE: 110 -4
MDC: 429
ISP:150
Racial Abilities
See the Invisible
Resistant to toxins, fire, cold (half as effective/damage)
Nightvision (200')
Regeneration: 1D6x5 M.D.C. per minute

Natural Abilities
Perception: 31%
Charm/Impress: 40%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 25%
OOC Comments
Max. Encumbrance: Supernatural P.S.: 100% of Body Weight
Max. Carrying Weight: 2150 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 4300 lbs. above its waist for one minute per P.E. point.
Max. Jumping Ability:
Length 51 feet/Hight 25.5 feet
Electrified Body Protection: 24 MDC
Armor: 38
Ecks
Group Leader

Post by Ecks »

((Rolls carried))

Ecks finishes asking Jack about his background and then hears another voice replying, though muffled. The operator looks around the compartment for the source of this mystery voice that is replying. He then sees the new arrival on the exterior monitors. He gets up and opens the hatch allowing Arvid's voice to be clearly heard and the flying godling, clearly seen.

Ecks waits politely for the flying man to finish his tale as Bri keeps Morning Glory moving forward. Branches brush past his face, nearly 30ft in the air.

Nodding, Ecks hands him his personal radio. "Do you know how to use one?" He ducks another limb as the Hunter continues its path. "As far as what to do, maybe hang near us. Your twinkling may be antithetical to their scouting efforts."

Ecks has a lot of questions, but they will have to wait.
Ecks
Medals
H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Arvid Hammerson

Post by Arvid Hammerson »

((Rolls Carry Over))
Heading West
Nodding, Ecks hands him his personal radio. "Do you know how to use one?" He ducks another limb as the Hunter continues its path. "As far as what to do, maybe hang near us. Your twinkling may be antithetical to their scouting efforts."
Arvin looks at the radio checking it out before he speaks, "Looks similar to ours, earpiece with mic. Um, Frequency, Mic Key and Volume. Frequency sent to everyone? Short and Precise, no long stories. And thank you for the use this device." Similar to the high tech used across the galaxy.

On the second task Arvin states, "I understand, stand back close to you. No Light show. Oh I can jam radios and radars I think that is how you say it."
The BOLT
OOC Comments
Avrid Hammerson
Zapper/Air Warlock

Description: Large,7-foot, handsome, male shoulder length blonde hair. jovial, smiles, (What does he have to fear, and he comes from the ruling class of Asgard) Muscles(Yes, his muscles have muscles and he is not trying to show off) Wears boots up to his knees. Hooded, light tan, surcoat with light blue pipping and, a Bear Skull, hooded Polar Bear Cape. Around his neck is a pendant with a large sapphire. Smiles, friendly, 20-ish looking, real age about 100.

Horror Factor:10 When they realize what they are up against
PPE: 110 -4
ISP:150
Racial Abilities
See the Invisible
Resistant to toxins, fire, cold (half as effective/damage)
Nightvision (200')
Regeneration: 1D6x5 M.D.C. per minute

Natural Abilities
Perception: 31%
Charm/Impress: 40%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 25%
OOC Comments
Max. Encumbrance: Supernatural P.S.: 100% of Body Weight
Max. Carrying Weight: 2150 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 4300 lbs. above its waist for one minute per P.E. point.
Max. Jumping Ability:
Length 51 feet/Hight 25.5 feet
Electrified Body Protection: 24 MDC
Armor: 38
Jack O'Connell
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Post by Jack O'Connell »

Jack mentions instruction, which catches Ecks' attention. "Training? Military? What did you train on?" The operator is so used to the supernatural, being able to talk shop for a moment brightens his mood. Of course he has no idea what Jack may or may not know or care about the hardware he was working with, but it doesn't stop him from asking.
Perception: 15% / 1d100: [99] = 99
JIC: 1d20: [15] = 15 1d100: [97] = 97
Conditions: Multi-Optic Eye, Amplified Hearing (Sound Filtration System)

Jack looks up from his sensor readouts and leans back in his chair and reclines while placing his hands behind his head. "Yessiree! Spent a good bit of my earlier years in the Ay-Em-See. That's short for the good 'ol Arzno Mercenary Corps. The roughest, toughest bunch o' cusses in the West."

Jack grins matter-of-factly at Ecks.

"I guess I must've done good hidin' and shootin' and things like that, 'cause they drafted me and my brother into a sort of special operations bunch. Heck, they trained us up on all sorts of things. Mostly power armor and the like, but I can field strip and clean guns, pick a lock, you name it! Pretty much things a fella might have to do if he finds himself all on his lonesome."

Just then he notices Arvin speaking just as Ecks had.
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Minerva »

Perception: 1d100: [71] = 71 /59%
JIC: 1d20: [15] = 15 / 1d100: [44] = 44

Minerva stares ponderously at the lake that has gifted her such a wonderful prize.
Not every day you find a magical necklace in a lake.
The sound of weapons being drawn draws her from her thoughts and as she turns around she notices the cold emanating from behind her. She sees the newcomer with arms beared and moving toward her. "I... would not do that, if I were you." It doesn't come off as a threat, but rather a warning. She prepares to mentally debilitate the man when he starts in about Giants, Trolls and Asgard.
Oh, he's just off. I can deal with off.

Through her armor's speaker, she says "The enemy has not yet presented itself. I would save your frost for a time it is needed."

Drake's explanation of the varying paths proves to be sufficient for Minerva to make a decision. "West is best, no? After what I've seen, we certainly cannot split down all three paths."
Ecks wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 5:11 pm"Minerva, do you have any capability of digging deeper into that vision?"
"No, this... this is new to me. Maybe I open a fortune telling stand back home, no?"

Minerva gets back on her motorcycle, feeling emboldened by her new acquisition and ready to explore the mystic forest.
Grace Minerva
Ledger
  • I.S.P.: 390
  • H.P.: 109
  • S.D.C.: 177
  • M.D.C.: 286 (during Supernatural Transformation)
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Brianna Clarke »

Perception: 1d100: [70] = 70 (88%)
JIC: 1d20: [15] = 15 , 1d100: [58] = 58

Sensory Equipment 1d100: [89] = 89 , 1d100: [45] = 45 (45%)

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: 36/36 (Enhanced)
Mesi’s PPE: 90/90 PPE Remaining
Bri shares that she senses something powerful is living in the forest. Ecks frowns, "Well, as long as it's not a goddess asking me out on a date again... you know how shy I am."
Brianna grins. ”Maybe that can be a side business? We helped one goddess, we can help others. Probably wouldn’t hurt to have some higher beings happy with us. Maybe they’d be willing to help if we needed it.”

Brianna continues to monitor the sensors carefully as the group heads west, looking for signs that whatever is watching them is still following them.
Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor. Helmet: 50/50, Main Body: 90/90, Arms: 40/40 each, Legs: 50/50 each with N-F20A Medium Force Field (75 MDC) -35/75 FF Activated

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water

Return to “UPS Adventure Forum”