UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 302
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:33 am
Location: MARS PC
Contact:

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Drake »

Perception: 1d100: [45] = 45 /55%
Just in Case: 1d20: [16] = 16 ; 1d100: [24] = 24
Conditions:
Basic Combat Awareness: Against One Opponent.
• Negates any bonuses provided by the weapon/machine.
• The Cyber-Knight knows what his opponent is doing the same instant his opponent does it, enabling the knight to react a split second faster: +3 on initiative against attacks from modern guns and machines (bionics, robots, etc.), and +6 against artificial intelligences and computers like Skelebots and automated defense systems. Cyber-Knight is +3 to strike and parry.
• Meanwhile, the Cyber-Knight's gun toting or tech-laden opponent is -3 to dodge the Cyber-Knight's attacks and loses 2 melee attacks/actions due to time spent compensating for the Cyber-Knight's amazing agility, combat skills and awareness.
Cloud Sensors: The Cyber-Knight cannot be accurately detected with Sensors.
• Sensors" are limited to those in Robots, Power Armor, Vehicles with Weapons/Sensor systems.
• Inexperienced (1st-3rd Level) sensor operators cannot use sensors at all, and -2 attacks per melee every time they try to figure out what's going on.
• Experienced operators are uncertain, hesitate, and lose one melee action, with a -40% skill penalty.

NG Road Hog Motorcycle Main Body 115/115
NG-EX10 Gladius Light Exo-Skeleton Battle Armor Main Body 180/180
• [roll]N-F40A Heavy Force Field[/roll] Force Field 110/110
Armored M.D.C. “Tank” Trench Coat Main Body 50/50


Underguard wrote:Drake keeps a stoic gaze as he observes the beautiful forest, not as taken as the others are and more on edge. Drake notices two other paths, one north and one south as well as the one that Mink identifies as opened towards the west after Arvid's communion. The northern route would only fit smaller vehicles (hovercycles, bikes, etc. APCs and larger are no-fly) and is more rocky while the southern path would easily fit the hunter but seems to become more swampy. The trees are open enough to walk between them but clustered enough to not see more than a dozen feet into the treeline.
"I got three paths, one won't fit Morning glory though. North, South, and West. North route is the small one while the South is pretty swampy though." Drake calls out over the radio.

Drake sits quietly on his bike, watching the scenery. Nice enough place if not for that aura of unease. "If you're looking for suggestions, then I vote west." Drake finally says. Good enough direction as any, when we got no idea where we are. Drake thinks to himself.
"I hear black and I have no mercy." ~Drake, during the black rage. EP
"The sun persists in rising, so I make myself stand." -Katniss Everdeen
"Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves." ~The First Histories of Man.
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
Posts: 914
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC
Contact:

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Ecks »

Perception: 1d100: [82] = 82 /85%
JIC: 1d100: [77] = 77 / 1d20: [16] = 16

Bri shares that she senses something powerful is living in the forest. Ecks frowns, "Well, as long as it's not a goddess asking me out on a date again... you know how shy I am." Though Ecks is joking, nothing gets the operator on alert like a supernatural power. Of course supernatural entities seem to be their bread and butter, though it doesn't make it any easier.

"Alright everyone, Drake's suggestion makes enough sense, let's push west. Vera and Minkowski, can you get eyes on what's ahead? We need to get the cover model a radio. See if he will go with you. Just be cautious since he's an unknown entity."

Jack mentions instruction, which catches Ecks' attention. "Training? Military? What did you train on?" The operator is so used to the supernatural, being able to talk shop for a moment brightens his mood. Of course he has no idea what Jack may or may not know or care about the hardware he was working with, but it doesn't stop him from asking.

Minerva's prognostication hangs heavy in the air inside, Morning Glory. "Minerva, do you have any capability of digging deeper into that vision?" Of course Ecks still isn't familiar with everyone's full capabilities.

Ecks carefully maneuvers through the forest, being gentile as possible.
Ecks
Medals
Image
H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Vera Morozov
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat May 09, 2020 12:48 pm

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Vera Morozov »

Perception: 1d100: [59] = 59 / 47%
JiC d100: 1d100: [23] = 23 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [17] = 17
Constant Effects
Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (+2 if religious or fearful of angels)
Language Translator: Auto-Translates languages at 98.7% accuracy, 70% accuracy for 3-6 speakers. Knows 10 most common languages.
Amplified Hearing: Can hear almost inaudible sounds up to 360 feet away; can track by sound as a skill at 50%.
Passive Nightvision: Nightvision using ambient light out to 2,000' (Range increased to 6,000' when used with telescopic sight)
Light Filters: Reduces glare.
Sound Filters: Diminishes potentially damaging sounds.
Lung with Gas Filter and Oxygen Storage: Can breathe w/out air for up to 2 hours; immune to toxic gases, 94% chance nerve and poison gas do nothing.
Ecks wrote:"Alright everyone, Drake's suggestion makes enough sense, let's push west. Vera and Minkowski, can you get eyes on what's ahead? We need to get the cover model a radio. See if he will go with you. Just be cautious since he's an unknown entity."
As Vera is about to decide on a course of action, she hears Ecks' question and pauses for a moment before making her way down, trying not to break any branches, considering the mentions so far that the forest seems alive, along with her own observations.
I won't have eyes on anything when that storm hits, not to mention the chance of losing the rest of the group entirely.


As carefully makes her way down, she responds, "Нет, I can't tell much with the storm brewing ahead. The forest is closing its canopy to shelter against it. I am making my way down an opening before it closes, else I'll be separated from the rest of the group until weather passes, I imagine. I can move forward to scout ahead, if you feel necessary."

She will group up with the others if Ecks wants her with the rest of them, but if he wants her eyes ahead of the group she will move at a faster pace to push past them instead.

Climbing Rolls
Climbing: 1d100: [21] = 21 / 90% - Climb through the canopy without breaking anything on her way down.
Climbing: 1d100: [20] = 20 / 90% - Climb through the canopy without breaking anything on her way down.
Climbing: 1d100: [16] = 16 / 90% - Climb through the canopy without breaking anything on her way down.
Vera Morozov
A Russian Angelus ex Machina!
M.D.C.

N-F40A Heavy Force Field
  • Force Field M.D.C.: 110/110
L1-B1 Light Infantry Armor
  • Main Body: 150/150 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm: 20/20 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm: 20/20 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg: 35/35 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg: 35/35 M.D.C.
  • Head: 15/15 M.D.C.
  • -5% to Physical skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing, Gymnastics, Pick Pockets, Prowl, and Swimming.
M.D.C. by Location
  • Head - 150/150 M.D.C. with Helmet
  • Main Body - 290/290 M.D.C.
  • Right Hand - 30/30 M.D.C.
  • Left Hand - 30/30 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm - 90/90 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm - 90/90 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg - 120/120 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg - 120/120 M.D.C.
  • Right Foot - 65/65 M.D.C.
  • Left Foot - 65/65 M.D.C.
  • Right Wing - 175/175 M.D.C.
  • Left Wing - 175/175 M.D.C.
  • Main Rear Jets (3; small) - 40/40 each
  • Lower Maneuvering Jets (3; even smaller) - 25/25 each
  • Wing Mini-Missiles (8; self-launch) - 15/15 M.D.C. each
  • Concealed Forearm Lasers (2; 1 per arm) - 10/10 M.D.C. each
Weapons & Attacks
Hand-to-Hand Combat:
  • Claw Strike - 3D4 M.D.
  • Head Butt - 2D4 M.D.
  • Restrained Punch - 1D4 M.D.
  • Full Strength Punch - 2D6 M.D.
  • Power Punch - 4D6 M.D.
  • Kick - 2D6 M.D. +2D6 M.D. from the Vibro-Blade damage.
  • Flying Leap Kick or Power Dive (feet first) - Does 1D6x10 - Special effect, see character sheet for details.

Vibro-Scythe: 4D6 M.D. (+2 from W.P. Polearm); Range: Melee or 600' when thrown.
Vibro-Scythe Ion Blaster: 2D6 or 4D6 M.D.; Range: 1,200'; Payload: 28/30, rechargeable via cable to cyborg power supply, or half by E-Clip (15 shots).
Concealed Forearm Lasers: 1D6 M.D. for single, 2D6 M.D. for dual blast (counts as one melee action); Range: 1,600'; Payload: Effectively Unlimited
Giant-Sized Vibro-Blades: 1d4x10 M.D.; Range: Melee
Wing Mini-Missiles: AP Missiles 1D4x10 M.D., Plasma Missiles 1D6x10 M.D.; Can fire one at a time, or in volleys of two or four; Range: 1 mile; Payload: 8/8, 4 AP and 4 Plasma. - Not Present at Moment.
Constant Effects
Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (+2 if religious or fearful of angels)
Language Translator: Auto-Translates languages at 98.7% accuracy, 70% accuracy for 3-6 speakers. Knows 10 most common languages.
Amplified Hearing: Can hear almost inaudible sounds up to 360 feet away; can track by sound as a skill at 50%.
Passive Nightvision: Nightvision using ambient light out to 2,000' (Range increased to 6,000' when used with telescopic sight)
Light Filters: Reduces glare.
Sound Filters: Diminishes potentially damaging sounds.
Lung with Gas Filter and Oxygen Storage: Can breathe w/out air for up to 2 hours; immune to toxic gases, 94% chance nerve and poison gas do nothing.
Image
User avatar
Arvid Hammerson
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:16 am
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Arvid Hammerson »

((Rolls Carry Over))
Heading West
Ecks frowns, "Well, as long as it's not a goddess asking me out on a date again... you know how shy I am." "Training? Military? What did you train on?"
Hovering close by Arvin thinks, Ecks has been out with a Goddess, no wonder he is in charge here. I wonder which one? I wonder if I know here or of her. "Well the first few battles, more like Skirmishes, most of us youngsters usually patch up those who are wounded on the front, Human, Elves, and Dwarves. Odin always thought it was wise for us young Asgardian to be able to take care of each others. Good moral showing that we care about them and will take care of them. You call them Paramedics i believe. This accomplished a few things more than saving lives and fixing the wounded. Like, it got us use to blood and gore of battles and served as a reminder that if we immortals aren't in front taking on the enemy, more of our friends end up like this. Very Humbling, again why you saw me ready for a fight. Oh, Then when I first was allowed into battle against a small group of Giants And Trolls, we were the ones who initiated battle thus drawing the focus of the enemy on us til the others could swarm them. It worked rather well for the main part. Later I was allowed to go in behind enemies lines and stir up trouble with others. Finding their camps, disrupting their sleep and make them fight among themselves."

So, if someone hand him a radio he lowers his lightning show to take it. Then Arvin pauses a second or two and ask, "Where do you want me and how am I to respond? Do you direct us. or if attacked,I should Attack them?"
The BOLT
OOC Comments
Avrid Hammerson
Zapper/Air Warlock

Description: Large,7-foot, handsome, male shoulder length blonde hair. jovial, smiles, (What does he have to fear, and he comes from the ruling class of Asgard) Muscles(Yes, his muscles have muscles and he is not trying to show off) Wears boots up to his knees. Hooded, light tan, surcoat with light blue pipping and, a Bear Skull, hooded Polar Bear Cape. Around his neck is a pendant with a large sapphire. Smiles, friendly, 20-ish looking, real age about 100.

Horror Factor:10 When they realize what they are up against
PPE: 110 -4
MDC: 429
ISP:150
Racial Abilities
See the Invisible
Resistant to toxins, fire, cold (half as effective/damage)
Nightvision (200')
Regeneration: 1D6x5 M.D.C. per minute

Natural Abilities
Perception: 31%
Charm/Impress: 40%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 25%
OOC Comments
Max. Encumbrance: Supernatural P.S.: 100% of Body Weight
Max. Carrying Weight: 2150 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 4300 lbs. above its waist for one minute per P.E. point.
Max. Jumping Ability:
Length 51 feet/Hight 25.5 feet
MDC: 429
Electrified Body Protection: 24 MDC
Armor: 38
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
Posts: 914
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC
Contact:

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Ecks »

((Rolls carried))

Ecks finishes asking Jack about his background and then hears another voice replying, though muffled. The operator looks around the compartment for the source of this mystery voice that is replying. He then sees the new arrival on the exterior monitors. He gets up and opens the hatch allowing Arvid's voice to be clearly heard and the flying godling, clearly seen.

Ecks waits politely for the flying man to finish his tale as Bri keeps Morning Glory moving forward. Branches brush past his face, nearly 30ft in the air.

Nodding, Ecks hands him his personal radio. "Do you know how to use one?" He ducks another limb as the Hunter continues its path. "As far as what to do, maybe hang near us. Your twinkling may be antithetical to their scouting efforts."

Ecks has a lot of questions, but they will have to wait.
Ecks
Medals
Image
H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Arvid Hammerson
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:16 am
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Arvid Hammerson »

((Rolls Carry Over))
Heading West
Nodding, Ecks hands him his personal radio. "Do you know how to use one?" He ducks another limb as the Hunter continues its path. "As far as what to do, maybe hang near us. Your twinkling may be antithetical to their scouting efforts."
Arvin looks at the radio checking it out before he speaks, "Looks similar to ours, earpiece with mic. Um, Frequency, Mic Key and Volume. Frequency sent to everyone? Short and Precise, no long stories. And thank you for the use this device." Similar to the high tech used across the galaxy.

On the second task Arvin states, "I understand, stand back close to you. No Light show. Oh I can jam radios and radars I think that is how you say it."
The BOLT
OOC Comments
Avrid Hammerson
Zapper/Air Warlock

Description: Large,7-foot, handsome, male shoulder length blonde hair. jovial, smiles, (What does he have to fear, and he comes from the ruling class of Asgard) Muscles(Yes, his muscles have muscles and he is not trying to show off) Wears boots up to his knees. Hooded, light tan, surcoat with light blue pipping and, a Bear Skull, hooded Polar Bear Cape. Around his neck is a pendant with a large sapphire. Smiles, friendly, 20-ish looking, real age about 100.

Horror Factor:10 When they realize what they are up against
PPE: 110 -4
MDC: 429
ISP:150
Racial Abilities
See the Invisible
Resistant to toxins, fire, cold (half as effective/damage)
Nightvision (200')
Regeneration: 1D6x5 M.D.C. per minute

Natural Abilities
Perception: 31%
Charm/Impress: 40%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 25%
OOC Comments
Max. Encumbrance: Supernatural P.S.: 100% of Body Weight
Max. Carrying Weight: 2150 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 4300 lbs. above its waist for one minute per P.E. point.
Max. Jumping Ability:
Length 51 feet/Hight 25.5 feet
MDC: 429
Electrified Body Protection: 24 MDC
Armor: 38
User avatar
Jack O'Connell
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu May 13, 2021 8:36 am

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Jack O'Connell »

Jack mentions instruction, which catches Ecks' attention. "Training? Military? What did you train on?" The operator is so used to the supernatural, being able to talk shop for a moment brightens his mood. Of course he has no idea what Jack may or may not know or care about the hardware he was working with, but it doesn't stop him from asking.
Perception: 15% / 1d100: [99] = 99
JIC: 1d20: [15] = 15 1d100: [97] = 97
Conditions: Multi-Optic Eye, Amplified Hearing (Sound Filtration System)

Jack looks up from his sensor readouts and leans back in his chair and reclines while placing his hands behind his head. "Yessiree! Spent a good bit of my earlier years in the Ay-Em-See. That's short for the good 'ol Arzno Mercenary Corps. The roughest, toughest bunch o' cusses in the West."

Jack grins matter-of-factly at Ecks.

"I guess I must've done good hidin' and shootin' and things like that, 'cause they drafted me and my brother into a sort of special operations bunch. Heck, they trained us up on all sorts of things. Mostly power armor and the like, but I can field strip and clean guns, pick a lock, you name it! Pretty much things a fella might have to do if he finds himself all on his lonesome."

Just then he notices Arvin speaking just as Ecks had.
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm
Contact:

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Minerva »

Perception: 1d100: [71] = 71 /59%
JIC: 1d20: [15] = 15 / 1d100: [44] = 44

Minerva stares ponderously at the lake that has gifted her such a wonderful prize.
Not every day you find a magical necklace in a lake.
The sound of weapons being drawn draws her from her thoughts and as she turns around she notices the cold emanating from behind her. She sees the newcomer with arms beared and moving toward her. "I... would not do that, if I were you." It doesn't come off as a threat, but rather a warning. She prepares to mentally debilitate the man when he starts in about Giants, Trolls and Asgard.
Oh, he's just off. I can deal with off.

Through her armor's speaker, she says "The enemy has not yet presented itself. I would save your frost for a time it is needed."

Drake's explanation of the varying paths proves to be sufficient for Minerva to make a decision. "West is best, no? After what I've seen, we certainly cannot split down all three paths."
Ecks wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 5:11 pm"Minerva, do you have any capability of digging deeper into that vision?"
"No, this... this is new to me. Maybe I open a fortune telling stand back home, no?"

Minerva gets back on her motorcycle, feeling emboldened by her new acquisition and ready to explore the mystic forest.
Grace Minerva
Ledger
  • I.S.P.: 390
  • H.P.: 109
  • S.D.C.: 177
  • M.D.C.: 286 (during Supernatural Transformation)
Image
Image
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 450
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Brianna Clarke »

Perception: 1d100: [70] = 70 (88%)
JIC: 1d20: [15] = 15 , 1d100: [58] = 58

Sensory Equipment 1d100: [89] = 89 , 1d100: [45] = 45 (45%)

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: 36/36 (Enhanced)
Mesi’s PPE: 90/90 PPE Remaining
Bri shares that she senses something powerful is living in the forest. Ecks frowns, "Well, as long as it's not a goddess asking me out on a date again... you know how shy I am."
Brianna grins. ”Maybe that can be a side business? We helped one goddess, we can help others. Probably wouldn’t hurt to have some higher beings happy with us. Maybe they’d be willing to help if we needed it.”

Brianna continues to monitor the sensors carefully as the group heads west, looking for signs that whatever is watching them is still following them.
Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor. Helmet: 50/50, Main Body: 90/90, Arms: 40/40 each, Legs: 50/50 each with N-F20A Medium Force Field (75 MDC) -35/75 FF Activated

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
Posts: 914
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC
Contact:

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Ecks »

((rolls carried))

Ecks offers a rare grin, "It wouldn't be all bad to have more things out there helping us rather than trying to kill us." he says, thinking about all the entities they've come into contact with since he came to Merctown. Hell's Horsemen and that rogue cyber knight were about as normal as it got.

Scanning the sensors, Ecks stays alert for any signs of danger, mundane or supernatural.
Ecks
Medals
Image
H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 611
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: UPS and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Underguard »

Current Conditions wrote:Time/Date and Location: 1033 (10:33AM), Late April, Pacific Northwest, Outpost Hanford
Environmental Conditions: Outside Temp; 22*C (71*F), light but consistent rain and variable wind (no greater than 5 MPH gusts) consistent cloud cover
Brianna's Psionic Multiplier: Enhanced
The crew makes the logical choice and decides to push further west with Drake taking point heading through the foliage. Vera hears them all from above and Ecks, Drake and Bri all spot the cyborg climbing through the canopy and then descending down, using a light thrust to land comfortably next to Minverva. The crew saddles up, Minerva contemplates how to dig deeper into a vision given to her by a penny, Ecks and Bri calmly talk about making friends with gods, while giving the godling before them a radio.

The crew moves forward at a careful pace, a couple of the more maneuverable in the lead and one in the rear while the larger vehicles are in the center (marching order?). As they move away from the opening, the more powerful psychics of the group feel a strong pull from behind them, like the forest doesn't want them to leave yet. Minvera feels the urge to reach for the amulet on her necklace just to hold it. The pull gets less powerful as the group moves away from the canopied opening.

Ecks is forced to rely on manual periscopes in his hunter to move it as his electronic views are covered with static interference. Jack can't even get a sensor suite online, though Brianna is able to clean up the thermal and nightvision input and sees the trees teeming with a warm internal temperature, like a long vein. The thermals show it run under ground and the signal is lost but almost every tree has similar readings. Unfortunately it makes detecting anything else in the forest almost impossible this way as it is just a sea of heat signatures. Nightvision is similar as many of the trees have ambient light illuminating much. All other systems are still relatively static.

While in the lead, Drake starts feeling a bit uneasy as the group's vehicles move through the path, some barely able to fit, and the sound of the vehicles being the only sounds in the forest. Minvera shares Drake's unease as she moves up, her confidence turning into a stout awareness of her surroundings as she feels herself on edge (6th Sense Activated). Arvid notices that the forest seems to be getting warmer, much warmer.

From within the vehicles, both Mink and Bri feel their own backs straighten and their shoulders roll as they each feel a sense of danger, though scanners are mostly dead. From outside, Vera hears a very soft sound echo in the distance that almost sounds like a birds call, and as quickly as she heard it, it was gone (came from northbound ~50-70ft away?). Drake is also confident he heard something in the brush but couldn't see where it came from (also northbound, ~20-40ft away?).

The path before the crew remains clear or most obstacles for the vehicles, though it does get tight in a few spots where some may have to slow to a near-crawl to avoid damaging any trees.

Assume 60 seconds, What are you doing?

I'm sorta assuming its Drake < Minerva < Arvid, Ecks/Bri/Jack < Mink < Vera -- if that's incorrect, state your location :)
UPS (a combined AA Professional Services and MARS Group) GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Exe (PW GA) || EP Ledger
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
User avatar
Vera Morozov
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat May 09, 2020 12:48 pm

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Vera Morozov »

Perception: 1d100: [63] = 63 / 47%
JiC d100: 1d100: [41] = 41 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [6] = 6
Constant Effects
Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (+2 if religious or fearful of angels)
Language Translator: Auto-Translates languages at 98.7% accuracy, 70% accuracy for 3-6 speakers. Knows 10 most common languages.
Amplified Hearing: Can hear almost inaudible sounds up to 360 feet away; can track by sound as a skill at 50%.
Passive Nightvision: Nightvision using ambient light out to 2,000' (Range increased to 6,000' when used with telescopic sight)
Light Filters: Reduces glare.
Sound Filters: Diminishes potentially damaging sounds.
Lung with Gas Filter and Oxygen Storage: Can breathe w/out air for up to 2 hours; immune to toxic gases, 94% chance nerve and poison gas do nothing.
Vera looks about the dense forest with a frown on her face, hidden by her visor. There is something uneasy about the quiet, the lack of animal sounds or even the lack of the distant sounds of the approaching storm, that unsettles the cyborg. She keeps quiet, senses focused as keenly as they can be.
What is that trope they have? It's quiet, too quiet?


At the sudden birdsong, Vera snaps her head in the direction it came, her sensitive hearing straining to pick up a follow-up sound. After a moment, she clicks on her radio. "Sound coming from the north. Fifty or seventy feet or so out. Bit like a bird, but haven't heard anything for a while now. Keep a look out."

On her end, Vera pulls up her pole-arms, specialized training in this particular style of weapon letting her wield one in each hand with ease, preparing for anything to come, the feeling of unease still running through her.

Detect Ambush: 1d100: [33] = 33 / 70% - Watch and be ready for an attack, noting the directions that potential attackers could come from.
Vera Morozov
A Russian Angelus ex Machina!
M.D.C.

N-F40A Heavy Force Field
  • Force Field M.D.C.: 110/110
L1-B1 Light Infantry Armor
  • Main Body: 150/150 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm: 20/20 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm: 20/20 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg: 35/35 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg: 35/35 M.D.C.
  • Head: 15/15 M.D.C.
  • -5% to Physical skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing, Gymnastics, Pick Pockets, Prowl, and Swimming.
M.D.C. by Location
  • Head - 150/150 M.D.C. with Helmet
  • Main Body - 290/290 M.D.C.
  • Right Hand - 30/30 M.D.C.
  • Left Hand - 30/30 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm - 90/90 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm - 90/90 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg - 120/120 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg - 120/120 M.D.C.
  • Right Foot - 65/65 M.D.C.
  • Left Foot - 65/65 M.D.C.
  • Right Wing - 175/175 M.D.C.
  • Left Wing - 175/175 M.D.C.
  • Main Rear Jets (3; small) - 40/40 each
  • Lower Maneuvering Jets (3; even smaller) - 25/25 each
  • Wing Mini-Missiles (8; self-launch) - 15/15 M.D.C. each
  • Concealed Forearm Lasers (2; 1 per arm) - 10/10 M.D.C. each
Weapons & Attacks
Hand-to-Hand Combat:
  • Claw Strike - 3D4 M.D.
  • Head Butt - 2D4 M.D.
  • Restrained Punch - 1D4 M.D.
  • Full Strength Punch - 2D6 M.D.
  • Power Punch - 4D6 M.D.
  • Kick - 2D6 M.D. +2D6 M.D. from the Vibro-Blade damage.
  • Flying Leap Kick or Power Dive (feet first) - Does 1D6x10 - Special effect, see character sheet for details.

Vibro-Scythe: 4D6 M.D. (+2 from W.P. Polearm); Range: Melee or 600' when thrown.
Vibro-Scythe Ion Blaster: 2D6 or 4D6 M.D.; Range: 1,200'; Payload: 28/30, rechargeable via cable to cyborg power supply, or half by E-Clip (15 shots).
Concealed Forearm Lasers: 1D6 M.D. for single, 2D6 M.D. for dual blast (counts as one melee action); Range: 1,600'; Payload: Effectively Unlimited
Giant-Sized Vibro-Blades: 1d4x10 M.D.; Range: Melee
Wing Mini-Missiles: AP Missiles 1D4x10 M.D., Plasma Missiles 1D6x10 M.D.; Can fire one at a time, or in volleys of two or four; Range: 1 mile; Payload: 8/8, 4 AP and 4 Plasma. - Not Present at Moment.
Constant Effects
Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (+2 if religious or fearful of angels)
Language Translator: Auto-Translates languages at 98.7% accuracy, 70% accuracy for 3-6 speakers. Knows 10 most common languages.
Amplified Hearing: Can hear almost inaudible sounds up to 360 feet away; can track by sound as a skill at 50%.
Passive Nightvision: Nightvision using ambient light out to 2,000' (Range increased to 6,000' when used with telescopic sight)
Light Filters: Reduces glare.
Sound Filters: Diminishes potentially damaging sounds.
Lung with Gas Filter and Oxygen Storage: Can breathe w/out air for up to 2 hours; immune to toxic gases, 94% chance nerve and poison gas do nothing.
Image
User avatar
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 302
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:33 am
Location: MARS PC
Contact:

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Drake »

Perception: 1d100: [97] = 97 /55%
Just in Case: 1d20: [11] = 11 ; 1d100: [48] = 48
Conditions:
Basic Combat Awareness: Against One Opponent.
• Negates any bonuses provided by the weapon/machine.
• The Cyber-Knight knows what his opponent is doing the same instant his opponent does it, enabling the knight to react a split second faster: +3 on initiative against attacks from modern guns and machines (bionics, robots, etc.), and +6 against artificial intelligences and computers like Skelebots and automated defense systems. Cyber-Knight is +3 to strike and parry.
• Meanwhile, the Cyber-Knight's gun toting or tech-laden opponent is -3 to dodge the Cyber-Knight's attacks and loses 2 melee attacks/actions due to time spent compensating for the Cyber-Knight's amazing agility, combat skills and awareness.
Cloud Sensors: The Cyber-Knight cannot be accurately detected with Sensors.
• Sensors" are limited to those in Robots, Power Armor, Vehicles with Weapons/Sensor systems.
• Inexperienced (1st-3rd Level) sensor operators cannot use sensors at all, and -2 attacks per melee every time they try to figure out what's going on.
• Experienced operators are uncertain, hesitate, and lose one melee action, with a -40% skill penalty.

NG Road Hog Motorcycle Main Body 115/115
NG-EX10 Gladius Light Exo-Skeleton Battle Armor Main Body 180/180
• [roll]N-F40A Heavy Force Field[/roll] Force Field 110/110
Armored M.D.C. “Tank” Trench Coat Main Body 50/50


Drake pulls his bike off to the side. "Got something inbound? Not sure what... sixty seconds tops." Drake radios confirming what Vera has said. Drake gets up from his bike kicking the foot stand down into the loamy forest floor. Drake grabs reaches to the small unit strapped to his chest and flicks the on switch. A gentle hum is followed by a slight sheen over his body. That should hold back some damage. Drake thinks as he unshoulders his slung rifle and holds it loosely at rest. No point in being in the middle of the clearing, leave that to the bigger vehicles. Drake thinks as he walks to the edge of the clearing. Drake's eyes scan the forest's impenetrable depths, looking for a sign of what may be coming.
"Whatever it is, gives me an bad feeling, and I'm not even that kind of psychic." Drake adds to the radio conversation.


Initiative: 1d20+4: [5]+4 = 9
Number of Attacks: 8

Pre-combat Actions: Park bike, Activate Force Field, move to edge of the clearing, unsling plasma ejector, wait.

Action One: Fire Particle Beam Rifle at target. (Strike: 1d20+3: [19]+3 = 22 ; Damage: 1d4*10: [2]*10 = 20 M.D.)
Action Two: Fire Particle Beam Rifle at target. (Strike: 1d20+3: [14]+3 = 17 ; Damage: 1d4*10: [4]*10 = 40 M.D.)
Action Three: Fire Particle Beam Rifle at target. (Strike: 1d20+3: [12]+3 = 15 ; Damage: 1d4*10: [4]*10 = 40 M.D.)
Action Four: Fire Particle Beam Rifle at target. (Strike: 1d20+3: [2]+3 = 5 ; Damage: 1d4*10: [3]*10 = 30 M.D.)
Action Five: Fire Particle Beam Rifle at target. (Strike: 1d20+3: [5]+3 = 8 ; Damage: 1d4*10: [2]*10 = 20 M.D.)
Action Six: Fire Particle Beam Rifle at target. (Strike: 1d20+3: [12]+3 = 15 ; Damage: 1d4*10: [3]*10 = 30 M.D.)
Action Seven: Fire Particle Beam Rifle at target. (Strike: 1d20+3: [11]+3 = 14 ; Damage: 1d4*10: [4]*10 = 40 M.D.)
Action Eight: Fire Particle Beam Rifle at target. (Strike: 1d20+3: [3]+3 = 6 ; Damage: 1d4*10: [3]*10 = 30 M.D.)

Contingency
If Drake needs to parry he will manifest his Psi-sword (Blue Jagged bladed Machete).

Parries with Psi-Sword as needed: 1d20+10: [8]+10 = 18 , 1d20+10: [8]+10 = 18 , 1d20+10: [16]+10 = 26 , 1d20+10: [10]+10 = 20 , 1d20+10: [11]+10 = 21 , 1d20+10: [16]+10 = 26 , 1d20+10: [5]+10 = 15 , 1d20+10: [20]+10 = 30 .
Dodges vs. Ranged Attacks: 1d20+6: [9]+6 = 15 , 1d20+6: [15]+6 = 21 , 1d20+6: [2]+6 = 8 , 1d20+6: [20]+6 = 26 , 1d20+6: [9]+6 = 15 , 1d20+6: [3]+6 = 9 , 1d20+6: [10]+6 = 16 , 1d20+6: [17]+6 = 23 .
"I hear black and I have no mercy." ~Drake, during the black rage. EP
"The sun persists in rising, so I make myself stand." -Katniss Everdeen
"Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves." ~The First Histories of Man.
User avatar
Arvid Hammerson
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:16 am
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Arvid Hammerson »

Perception: 41% +25% For Electrical 1d100 1d100: [68] = 68

JIC d20: 1d20 1d20: [10] = 10

JIC: 1d100 1d100: [83] = 83

Initiative Bonus: +9
INIT 1D20+9 1d20+9: [15]+9 = 24

Conditions:
Racial Abilities
See the invisible
Resistant to toxins, fire, cold (half as effective/damage)
Nightvision (200')
Regeneration: 1D6x5 M.D.C. per minute
OOC Comments
Enhance Reflexes (10) bonuses: + 1 attack per melee, +3 on initiative, + 1 to strike, +2 to parry and dodge, +2 to P.P. (adding further bonuses to strike/parry/dodge if boosted to 16 or higher), and +15% to all Physical skills that rely on coordination or balance.

Electrical Aura & Radiate Electricity: Duration: Two minutes per level of experience. LS.P. Cost: 5 24 MDC
((Marching order looks good for Arvin))
As they move away from the opening, the more powerful psychics of the group feel a strong pull from behind them, like the forest doesn't want them to leave yet.

Arvid notices that the forest seems to be getting warmer, much warmer. Might be from that volcanos but that is a bit far.
Arvin hovers and speaks up in the radio, “Something is odd here, it is getting hotter and there seems to be an overabundance of heat and light coming from the forest. I believe, all should including the Big Robot should back up a bit.” Move back let the attackers come to us and show themselves. Then set up a defense in depth then counter attack.
Vera on her radio. "Sound coming from the north. Fifty or seventy feet or so out. Bit like a bird, but haven't heard anything for a while now. Keep a look out."

Drake's
"Got something inbound? Not sure what... sixty seconds tops."

"Whatever it is, gives me an bad feeling, and I'm not even that kind of psychic." Drake adds to the radio conversation.

Arvin listens and speaks again, “The bird song might be a signal by our opponents setting up a trap?” Might be Trolls, Giants Usually just charge in not afraid of anything. Orcs Goblins Human set traps and ambushes.

Arvin tries to see if Electronic devices are in front of the group or around them, Sense Electricity Base Skill: 70% 1d100: [43] = 43
OOC Comments
Sense Electricity. The psychic can sense or feel electricity and pinpoint its exact location with fair expertise. Range : 130 feet Duration: 2 minutes of extreme sensitivity when he can pinpoint every source of electricity in the area. I. S.P. : 2 per every two minutes. Base Skill: 70% . A failed roll means only 1 D6x 1 0% of all the
electrical devices/sources of electricity could be sensed.
The BOLT
OOC Comments
Avrid Hammerson
Zapper/Air Warlock

Description: Large,7-foot, handsome, male shoulder length blonde hair. jovial, smiles, (What does he have to fear, and he comes from the ruling class of Asgard) Muscles(Yes, his muscles have muscles and he is not trying to show off) Wears boots up to his knees. Hooded, light tan, surcoat with light blue pipping and, a Bear Skull, hooded Polar Bear Cape. Around his neck is a pendant with a large sapphire. Smiles, friendly, 20-ish looking, real age about 100.

Horror Factor:10 When they realize what they are up against
PPE: 110 -4
MDC: 429
ISP:150
Racial Abilities
See the Invisible
Resistant to toxins, fire, cold (half as effective/damage)
Nightvision (200')
Regeneration: 1D6x5 M.D.C. per minute

Natural Abilities
Perception: 31%
Charm/Impress: 40%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 25%
OOC Comments
Max. Encumbrance: Supernatural P.S.: 100% of Body Weight
Max. Carrying Weight: 2150 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 4300 lbs. above its waist for one minute per P.E. point.
Max. Jumping Ability:
Length 51 feet/Hight 25.5 feet
MDC: 429
Electrified Body Protection: 24 MDC
Armor: 38
User avatar
Jack O'Connell
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu May 13, 2021 8:36 am

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Jack O'Connell »

Perception: 15% / 1d100: [62] = 62
JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 1d100: [46] = 46
Read Sensory Equipment 40% / 1d100: [30] = 30
Conditions: Multi-Optic Eye, Amplified Hearing (Sound Filtration System)

Jack gives the sensor suite console a couple of firm taps to see if it might clear up some of the static. After a few moments he gives up and slumps back into his chair in a defeated posture. The soldier scratches his head and looks over at Ecks and Bri.

"Well, I dunno what in tarnation is going on, but I can't bring up so much as a damned blip on the sensors."

He cocks his head to one side after hearing the radio chatter. He makes sure his rifle is nearby.

"If'n we run into trouble, give me the word and I'll head outside. Probably a sight more useful on the ground than cooped up in here."
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm
Contact:

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Minerva »

Perception: 1d100: [82] = 82 /59%
JIC: 1d20: [15] = 15 / 1d100: [34] = 34
  • SDC: 177/177
  • HP: 120/120
  • ISP: 414/414


  • Helmet: 50/50
  • Arms:
    • L: 40/40
    • R: 40/40
  • Legs:
    • L: 50/50
    • R: 50/50
  • Main Body: 90/90
  • N-F50A Superheavy Force Field: 160/160 (ON)

  • Damage: 4D6 M.D.

  • Damage: 5D6 M.D.C. per melee

  • Range: 2,000'
  • Damage: 1D4x10 M.D.
  • Payload: 10 Shot (E-Clip)

  • Range: 1 mile
  • Damage: 6D6 M.D.
  • Payload: 2 missiles

  • Robotic P.S. of 25
  • +4 P.P.
  • +20 Speed
  • +10' to leaps
  • +10% to Climbing
  • Reduce Fatigue by 75%
  • -10% to Physical Skills
  • +1 to Strike with Hand Held Ranged Weapons
  • +3 Initiative
  • +2 to Parry
  • +2 to Dodge
  • +5 to Roll w/ Impact
  • Allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise
  • Restrained Punch: 6D6
  • Punch/Kick: 1D4 M.D.
  • Power Punch/Jump Kick: 2D4 M.D.


Hand around her newly acquired pendant, Minerva slowly makes her way through the forest on her motorcycle. "The forest, she does not want us to leave just yet. But our path is forward." She continues to ride right behind Drake up until she gets the feeling that something terrible is about to happen.
Drake wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:00 pm"Got something inbound? Not sure what... sixty seconds tops."
"Whatever it is, gives me an bad feeling, and I'm not even that kind of psychic."
"I am that kind of psychic and confirm, we have incoming. Everyone, be prepared."

Minerva sees Drake park his bike and follows suit. She extends the energy blade from her right forearm and activates the forcefield on her armor. If anything comes into her personal senses or the sensors of her armor, she will call it out for the rest of the crew.

Initiative: 1d20+7: [4]+7 = 11
APM: 7

Action 1: Slash with energy blade. Strike: 1d20+9: [20]+9 = 29 (CRIT) Damage: 4d6: [2, 1, 5, 5] = 13 x2=26 MD
Action 2: Slash with energy blade. Strike: 1d20+9: [14]+9 = 23 Damage: 4d6: [4, 2, 1, 1] = 8
Action 3: Slash with energy blade. Strike: 1d20+9: [7]+9 = 16 Damage: 4d6: [5, 2, 3, 2] = 12
Action 4: Slash with energy blade. Strike: 1d20+9: [4]+9 = 13 Damage: 4d6: [2, 1, 4, 2] = 9
Action 5: Slash with energy blade. Strike: 1d20+9: [19]+9 = 28 Damage: 4d6: [3, 6, 6, 1] = 16
Action 6: Slash with energy blade. Strike: 1d20+9: [17]+9 = 26 Damage: 4d6: [3, 4, 2, 2] = 11
Action 7: Slash with energy blade. Strike: 1d20+9: [4]+9 = 13 Damage: 4d6: [5, 6, 3, 1] = 15

Parries: 1d20+12: [20]+12 = 32 1d20+12: [2]+12 = 14 1d20+12: [8]+12 = 20 1d20+12: [9]+12 = 21 1d20+12: [4]+12 = 16 1d20+12: [16]+12 = 28 1d20+12: [14]+12 = 26
Grace Minerva
Ledger
  • I.S.P.: 390
  • H.P.: 109
  • S.D.C.: 177
  • M.D.C.: 286 (during Supernatural Transformation)
Image
Image
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 450
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Brianna Clarke »

Perception: 1d100: [7] = 7 (88%)
JIC: 1d20: [5] = 5 , 1d100: [86] = 86

Sensory Equipment 1d100: [37] = 37 , 1d100: [82] = 82 (45%)

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: 36/36 (Enhanced)
Mesi’s PPE: 90/90 PPE Remaining

"Well, I dunno what in tarnation is going on, but I can't bring up so much as a damned blip on the sensors."
Brianna tells Jack ”It’s the trees – they have a warm internal temperature, kind of like a long vein. Almost all trees have the same reading – it’s making it hard to see anything else in the forest. I’m having the same problem with Nightvision as well.”
"I am that kind of psychic and confirm, we have incoming.”
Brianna is a bit confused by this comment. What do they mean THAT kind of psychic? There’s more than one kind? However, since it seems like the group is about to meet up with something nasty, Brianna pushes the question to the back of her mind, figuring she could ask Minerva about it later. Out loud, she tells Ecks and Jack. ”She’s right. Something is coming our way and I doubt it’s going to be greeting us with hugs and puppies.” Brianna continue to monitor the sensors in the hope that she can see anything that might come their way.
Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor. Helmet: 50/50, Main Body: 90/90, Arms: 40/40 each, Legs: 50/50 each with N-F20A Medium Force Field (75 MDC) -35/75 FF Activated

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC
Contact:

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Mink »

Perception: 71% or 96%/ 1d100: [10] = 10 (second is if any lore skills help with this enemy) SUCCESS!
JIC: 1d20: [1] = 1 , 1d100: [46] = 46
Conditions and Equipment: See the Invisible, Sixth Sense, Mind Block Auto Defense, Amplified Hearing (from cybernetics and armor), NG-UELX45 Night Reaper, JA-12 Laser Rifle (on bike), Forearm Integrated Weapon System (F.I.W.S) on right forearm, Ferrum Sincerus (Simple Holy Weapon) in left hand.
Autododges 13, 14, 10, 22, 21, 19, 7, and 22
Autododges: 1d20+5: [8]+5 = 13 , 1d20+5: [9]+5 = 14 , 1d20+5: [5]+5 = 10 , 1d20+5: [17]+5 = 22 , 1d20+5: [16]+5 = 21 , 1d20+5: [14]+5 = 19 , 1d20+5: [2]+5 = 7 , 1d20+5: [17]+5 = 22
Detect Ambush 70%/ 1d100: [15] = 15 - try to get a firm bearing on where the attackers could be coming from. SUCCESS!
Intelligence 82%/ 1d100: [85] = 85 - try to get a firm bearing on where the attackers could be coming from. FAILURE!
Lore: Psychics & Psionics 105%/ 1d100: [12] = 12 - ID the attackers or their abilities SUCCESS!
Lore: Demons & Monsters 85%/ 1d100: [76] = 76 - ID the attackers or their abilities SUCCESS!
Lore: Magic - General Knowledge: 80%/ 1d100: [89] = 89 - ID the attackers or their abilities FAILURE!
Prowl 75%/ 1d100: [75] = 75 - so they lose track of me SUCCESS!
Hover Craft (Ground) 105%/ 1d100: [26] = 26 - gently guide the bike into the brush in hover-follow mode. SUCCESS!
Jet Packs 82%/ 1d100: [45] = 45 - Will be used with auto-dodge to help cover the distance to any attackers. SUCCESS!
Activate Forcefield (160/160)
Activate See the Invisible -4 ISP
Sense Evil (Ferrum Sincerus): The presence of evil is indicated by the blade of Ferrum Sincerus changing having a blue hue, 20 foot radius.


Travelling on the whisper quiet hovercycle, with her enhanced hearing feeding her a lot of input, Mink almost doesn't need her innate danger sense to kick in, but it does help sharpen the senses for when it is necessary to act. She had also switched to the mark one eyeball, not trusting electronic signals in this anti-electronic soup. She has been lost in thought and sensory input, focusing outward for a while, following the others rather robotically as she listens and processes. The similarity to the ruins of Fort Riley are uncanny not at all something she likes.

She clearly hears the bird calls and the subsequent actions and words of her companions. She goes to speak after Minerva does and realizes she has had her lips pressed together so tightly to the point they do not want to come apart. They do, and she clears her throat before activating the mic. "Also confirming the incoming threat. Note, I will be abandoning my hover cycle during the fight. I will come back and pick it up. I will push it to the right or north side of the trail, towards the danger. Try not to step on it Ecks, please. We will be in melee or close quarters battle when it hits. Watch your targets."

Just before she feels things are about to light off, she swings her left leg to the north side of her bike, set the bike to follow mode and lets it coast into the bushes unattended. As she dismounts, she grabs her scythe and slips into closer bushes, attempting to hide and activates her force field and her psychic ability to see the invisible. She leaves her rifle clamped to the left side of the Prowler hovercycle.
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image
Current Identity: Mink, Sheet, Gear
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 611
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: UPS and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Underguard »

Current Conditions wrote:Time/Date and Location: 1034 (10:34AM), Late April, Pacific Northwest, Outpost Hanford
Environmental Conditions: Outside Temp; 22*C (71*F), very little if any actual rain is making it all the way to the team. It is comfortable to stand in the forest.
Brianna's Psionic Multiplier: Enhanced
Combat Round: 1
The crew holds and hunkers as everyone readies themselves for an attack. The unfamiliar and now-enclosed forest not letting any of the outside weather down below, the soil is damper but still solid under the weight and pull of the vehicles. Drake, Minerva and Mink giving berth to the larger vehicles to maneuver, pulling their cycles to the side.

Vera stops and scans the trees northbound, as well as further down the path. She can spot several choke points where the ground dips which causes the vehicles to go slow under the canopy. Vera also recognizes that she cannot see more than twenty or so feet off the path they are walking, the trees and brush thickening greatly the more off the path you get. Though the path they are following seems completely natural, it is also notable that it provides a clear path whereas other directions of the forest are met with strong brush resistance. This also means anything inside the forest would likely be able to see them before the crew will.

When Arvid extends his ability to sense electricity, his sense is almost flooded by the soft but measurable electrical currents that seem to be moving through the trees themselves. Arvid can pick up each of the vehicles and many personal pieces of equipment, and also one single piece of equipment at the very extent of his sense to the north. The reading he has from the north feels weaker than anything else in the vicinity.

Jack does his best to make sense of the sensor systems in the behemoth mech by running through the pre-established filters and other scanning equipment before he realizes everything should be working, it's just not. The systems on the Hunter are in the green, and the hunter's IFF can ping their allies but Jack is helpless when it comes to figuring out why the radar or other scanners won't work externally. Bri is running into a similar issue, though with her familiarity to the Hunter she's able to determine that their sensors are simply being flooded with bleeding static or white noise. Anyone using vehicular sensors finds similar readings. Ecks slows the Hunter and brings it to a stop in the center of the path.

Mink's faithful weapon doesn't reveal the presence of evil yet, but it could be outside of the meager radius around them. The operative quickly tries to assess the situation and ID their attackers. Mink is able to blend in with the forest as she scouts a few paces inside the forest to look for their incoming attackers. As she moves further north (about twenty feet north of the path) her trusty weapon begins to glow a blue hue indicating an evil presence nearby. Mink stops and hugs a tree as she listens. There is a soft rustle in the trees around her and Mink is less than ten feet away from a lumbering beast that is hunched over and still taller than her. It has long sharp claws, a distorted face of fangs with a heavy fur coat over its shoulders and torso, and bare skin everywhere else. As she studies it, she makes the connection; It's a Windigo, a rare but documented demonic beast that dominates many northern forests, Mink's heard stories. The sight of the Windigo paralyzes Mink in fear (nat1 jic) and she is unable to move, let alone speak or even react; which may be for the best. It sniffs and growls before stepping past where Mink is; Mink knows it is heading straight for the crew.

Unfortunately, by the time Mink can organize herself to report what she found, the visible windigo moves upon the crew, going after those outside of the large mech. With Drake taking up aim on the southern side of the larger pathway, and Minerva ready with her own blade on the other side, the demon attacks.

Minerva is greeted by a pair of powerful talons the size of her torso that leap out of the trees in lightning speed, though the neo-human is ready for it and with an expert parry and riposte, lands a powerful slash on the beasts back. The sight of the beast momentarily causes Drake to freeze up as he has his weapon leveled at the beast and his hand on the trigger; he just can't think to fire [JiC failed for HF save of 15] Vera and Arvid both are also temporarily stunned by the sight of the beast; Arvid feeling as though the beast is familiar but he can't place a name. Vera just sees a 8ft tall, hunched over (so add 6 feet for standing height), hairy and bloody demon manwolf that looks hungry.

Drake recovers first and pulls the trigger, the particle beam shot seems to splash off, but the beast shakes its head and charges Drake while Minerva chases after it and the others stand in momentary fear/angst. The beast stops less than ten feet from Drake and looks to back to Minerva before growling and then unleashing a piercing shriek that wobbles them both.
[Requires a Save vs HF 13+ for anyone who can hear it; Drake, Minerva, Arvid and Vera at least; if Mink follows, she will be in range. Those inside the Hunter are partially protected but can still hear the blood curling shriek through the mech.

What are you doing

GM Note: I will add a map tonight, but you are on a pathway that is essentially traveling W-E with the larger opening East of you and the way out of the forest West of you. There is a single visible target that only Drake and Minerva have engaged.


Ecks:
Drake:
Brianna:
Mink:
Minerva:
Vera:
Jack:
Arvid:
UPS (a combined AA Professional Services and MARS Group) GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Exe (PW GA) || EP Ledger
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm
Contact:

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Minerva »

Perception: 1d100: [3] = 3 /59%
JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2 / 1d100: [9] = 9
Save vs Horror Factor (13+): 1d20+6: [9]+6 = 15

  • SDC: 207/207
  • HP: 120/120
  • ISP: 414/414


  • Helmet: 50/50
  • Arms:
    • L: 40/40
    • R: 40/40
  • Legs:
    • L: 50/50
    • R: 50/50
  • Main Body: 90/90
  • N-F50A Superheavy Force Field: 160/160 (ON)

  • Damage: 4D6 M.D.

  • Damage: 5D6 M.D.C. per melee

  • Range: 2,000'
  • Damage: 1D4x10 M.D.
  • Payload: 10 Shot (E-Clip)

  • Range: 1 mile
  • Damage: 6D6 M.D.
  • Payload: 2 missiles

  • Robotic P.S. of 25
  • +4 P.P.
  • +20 Speed
  • +10' to leaps
  • +10% to Climbing
  • Reduce Fatigue by 75%
  • -10% to Physical Skills
  • +1 to Strike with Hand Held Ranged Weapons
  • +3 Initiative
  • +2 to Parry
  • +2 to Dodge
  • +5 to Roll w/ Impact
  • Allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise
  • Restrained Punch: 6D6
  • Punch/Kick: 1D4 M.D.
  • Power Punch/Jump Kick: 2D4 M.D.


"Snap out of it, everyone! We have contact. A wild beast from the looks of it. Keep your distance, she's a big one."

Minerva feels the screech as it impacts her eardrums through the armor.
The curse of perfect hearing...
Acting quickly, she attempts to remove the creature's motor control in the hopes it will end the confrontation. She deftly leaps toward the Wendigo, unleashing her armor's energy blade on it before she creates a tower of flames beneath its feet to immolate it.

Initiative: 1d20+7: [16]+7 = 23
APM: 7

Action 1: Bio-Manipulation:
Immobilizes the motor part of the brain, causing legs and arms to stop functioning. Victims are completely incapacitated for the duration. Note: A paralyzed character can still use psionics but only if he has line of sight on his intended target. Spell casters need to speak, so they cannot cast spells while paralyzed.
@ Wendigo. Duration: 4d4: [4, 1, 2, 2] = 9 minutes. ISP: 10.
Action 2: Slash Wendigo with energy blade. Strike: 1d20+9: [8]+9 = 17 Damage: 4d6: [1, 4, 2, 3] = 10 MD.
Action 3: Slash Wendigo with energy blade. Strike: 1d20+9: [1]+9 = 10 Damage: 4d6: [4, 5, 2, 4] = 15 MD.
Action 4: Slash Wendigo with energy blade. Strike: 1d20+9: [17]+9 = 26 Damage: 4d6: [2, 3, 4, 3] = 12 MD.
Action 5: Pyrokinesis: Create Flame – Pillar underneath Wendigo. Damage: 4d6: [2, 2, 5, 2] = 11 MD. Size: 8 feet high, 4 feet diameter. Duration: 16 minutes. ISP: 20.
Actions 6-7: Reserved for Dodge.

Parries: 1d20+14: [14]+14 = 28 1d20+14: [10]+14 = 24 1d20+14: [6]+14 = 20 1d20+14: [4]+14 = 18 1d20+14: [4]+14 = 18 1d20+14: [8]+14 = 22 1d20+14: [17]+14 = 31
Dodges: 1d20+12: [5]+12 = 17 1d20+12: [17]+12 = 29
Grace Minerva
Ledger
  • I.S.P.: 390
  • H.P.: 109
  • S.D.C.: 177
  • M.D.C.: 286 (during Supernatural Transformation)
Image
Image
User avatar
Arvid Hammerson
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:16 am
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Arvid Hammerson »

1d20+10: [9]+10 = 19 Perception: 41% +25% For Electrical 1d100 1d100: [10] = 10 1d100: [8] = 8

JIC d20: 1d20 1d20: [20] = 20

JIC: 1d100 1d100: [95] = 95

INIT: 1d20+9 1d20+9: [1]+9 = 10

HF+14: 1d20+14 1d20+14: [14]+14 = 28

Conditions:

Racial Abilities
See the invisible
Resistant to toxins, fire, cold (half as effective/damage)
Nightvision (200')
Regeneration: 1D6x5 M.D.C. per minute
OOC Comments
(Body armor included), completely impervious to electricity, including magical electrical attacks. Even mega-damage lightning strikes do no damage. Most other energy attacks do only half damage, including lasers, plasma and particle beams; magic energy attacks, other than electrical, do full damage. So do magic melee weapons, explosives and projectiles!
Duration: Constant.

Enhance Reflexes (10) bonuses: + 1 attack per melee, +3 on initiative, + 1 to strike, +2 to parry and dodge, +2 to P.P. (adding further bonuses to strike/parry/dodge if boosted to 16 or higher), and +15% to all Physical skills that rely on coordination or balance.

Electrical Aura & Radiate Electricity: Duration: Two minutes per level of experience. I.S.P. Cost: 5 24 MDC

2D6 M.D. can be inflicted with an electrical energy bolt (4D6 M.D. at ley lines and 6D6 M.D. at a nexus) if the Zapper concentrates intensely. This 2D6 M.D. can be added to damage from the Zapper's punches, kicks, or simply by being touched, if he so wills it to happen! lasts only one melee round per level of experience. Each M.D. electric attack (bolt, punch, kick, head butt, etc.) counts as one melee action/attack. Maximum range of the energy bolt is 30 feet (9m) per level of experience; triple at a ley line and quadruple at a nexus point.

Note: Additional cost of 8 I.S.P.,

W.P. Sword - +2 to strike +1 to parry

Number of Attacks: 7
Initiative Bonus: +9
Strike Bonus: +10
Parry Bonus: +15
Dodge Bonus: +14

P.P.E.: 110 –02-02
I.S.P.:150 –15 -8
M.D.C.: 429 MDC


Still on his Turbo Board, Arvin goes after this enemy he adds the electronic bolt to start. As his body crackles with energy, he will use his fist to destroy this creature along with the zap.

He strikes first with a bolt to distracts the demon from the others as he calls out, “Demon pup, it is I who is your down fall. You are the winner of the ugliest Pup Contest!”

Action 1 Electrical bolt 4d6 Strike 1d20 1d20: [14] = 14

Damage: 4d6: [2, 3, 6, 2] = 13

Action 2&3

Right hand Strike: 1d20+10 1d20+10: [9]+10 = 19

Damage: 6d6+4d6 10d6: [5, 1, 1, 2, 6, 5, 6, 2, 6, 6] = 40

Left Hand Strike 1d20+10 1d20+10: [13]+10 = 23
[/color]
Damage: 6d6+4d6 10d6: [5, 1, 6, 1, 3, 1, 3, 5, 6, 4] = 35

Action 4&5

Right hand Strike 1d20+10 1d20+10: [2]+10 = 12

Damage: 6d6+4d6 10d6: [1, 4, 6, 5, 4, 2, 1, 3, 6, 4] = 36

Left Hand Strike 1d20+10 1d20+10: [10]+10 = 20

Damage: 6d6+4d6 10d6: [6, 6, 6, 1, 5, 5, 3, 2, 6, 5] = 45


Action 6&7

Right hand Strike 1d20+10 1d20+10: [3]+10 = 13

Damage: 6d6+4d6 10d6: [3, 1, 5, 6, 6, 4, 1, 6, 6, 1] = 39

Left Hand Strike 1d20+10 1d20+10: [11]+10 = 21

Damage: 6d6+4d6 10d6: [5, 2, 2, 3, 4, 6, 2, 1, 2, 4] = 31

Parry Rolls: 1d20+15 7d20+15: [17, 12, 15, 20, 15, 10, 11]+15 = 115 Add 15 to Each Roll

Damage from defense if he strikes: 4d6 7(4d6): [1, 3, 1, 5] = 10 4d6: [3, 3, 3, 1] = 10 4d6: [6, 6, 5, 5] = 22 4d6: [2, 5, 2, 3] = 12
The BOLT
OOC Comments
Avrid Hammerson
Zapper/Air Warlock

Description: Large,7-foot, handsome, male shoulder length blonde hair. jovial, smiles, (What does he have to fear, and he comes from the ruling class of Asgard) Muscles(Yes, his muscles have muscles and he is not trying to show off) Wears boots up to his knees. Hooded, light tan, surcoat with light blue pipping and, a Bear Skull, hooded Polar Bear Cape. Around his neck is a pendant with a large sapphire. Smiles, friendly, 20-ish looking, real age about 100.

Horror Factor:10 When they realize what they are up against
PPE: 110 -4
MDC: 429
ISP:150
Racial Abilities
See the Invisible
Resistant to toxins, fire, cold (half as effective/damage)
Nightvision (200')
Regeneration: 1D6x5 M.D.C. per minute

Natural Abilities
Perception: 31%
Charm/Impress: 40%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 25%
OOC Comments
Max. Encumbrance: Supernatural P.S.: 100% of Body Weight
Max. Carrying Weight: 2150 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 4300 lbs. above its waist for one minute per P.E. point.
Max. Jumping Ability:
Length 51 feet/Hight 25.5 feet
MDC: 429
Electrified Body Protection: 24 MDC
Armor: 38
Post Reply

Return to “UPS Adventure Forum”