UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Vera Morozov
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat May 09, 2020 12:48 pm

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Vera Morozov »

Perception: 1d100: [10] = 10 / 47%
JiC d100: 1d100: [95] = 95 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [6] = 6
Constant Effects
Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (+2 if religious or fearful of angels)
Language Translator: Auto-Translates languages at 98.7% accuracy, 70% accuracy for 3-6 speakers. Knows 10 most common languages.
Amplified Hearing: Can hear almost inaudible sounds up to 360 feet away; can track by sound as a skill at 50%.
Passive Nightvision: Nightvision using ambient light out to 2,000' (Range increased to 6,000' when used with telescopic sight)
Light Filters: Reduces glare.
Sound Filters: Diminishes potentially damaging sounds.
Lung with Gas Filter and Oxygen Storage: Can breathe w/out air for up to 2 hours; immune to toxic gases, 94% chance nerve and poison gas do nothing.
Vera's attention is firmly on the approaching creature as it speaks with Minerva. Her language translator is completely unable to place the tongue. While a touch frustrating, it simply reaffirms to the cyborg that magic had its advantages, as her eyes glance over the amulet that Minerva is wearing.
Perhaps we could find someone to recreate it for the team. Many things could be solved if we could speak without worrying about language barriers.


As such, when Brianna has her seizure, Vera is unaware of the situation until it is verbally called out. She worries briefly on her companion, but knows with a touch of shame that she knows little on the matters concerning her. Instead, she holds guard over Minerva, keeping an eye out in case something more hostile comes for them or the locals speaking with them.

When/if the male's words are translated to the group, Vera comments, "The forest has not shunned us, though we recognized it and took care to avoid harming the trees. It seems those before us did not make that decision." Despite that, she still hopes that the ones who left the log were alright, though it seemed unlikely, given how the object was in the possession of a local.
Vera Morozov
A Russian Angelus ex Machina!
M.D.C.

N-F40A Heavy Force Field
  • Force Field M.D.C.: 110/110
L1-B1 Light Infantry Armor
  • Main Body: 150/150 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm: 20/20 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm: 20/20 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg: 35/35 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg: 35/35 M.D.C.
  • Head: 15/15 M.D.C.
  • -5% to Physical skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing, Gymnastics, Pick Pockets, Prowl, and Swimming.
M.D.C. by Location
  • Head - 150/150 M.D.C. with Helmet
  • Main Body - 290/290 M.D.C.
  • Right Hand - 30/30 M.D.C.
  • Left Hand - 30/30 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm - 90/90 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm - 90/90 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg - 120/120 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg - 120/120 M.D.C.
  • Right Foot - 65/65 M.D.C.
  • Left Foot - 65/65 M.D.C.
  • Right Wing - 175/175 M.D.C.
  • Left Wing - 175/175 M.D.C.
  • Main Rear Jets (3; small) - 40/40 each
  • Lower Maneuvering Jets (3; even smaller) - 25/25 each
  • Wing Mini-Missiles (8; self-launch) - 15/15 M.D.C. each
  • Concealed Forearm Lasers (2; 1 per arm) - 10/10 M.D.C. each
Weapons & Attacks
Hand-to-Hand Combat:
  • Claw Strike - 3D4 M.D.
  • Head Butt - 2D4 M.D.
  • Restrained Punch - 1D4 M.D.
  • Full Strength Punch - 2D6 M.D.
  • Power Punch - 4D6 M.D.
  • Kick - 2D6 M.D. +2D6 M.D. from the Vibro-Blade damage.
  • Flying Leap Kick or Power Dive (feet first) - Does 1D6x10 - Special effect, see character sheet for details.

Vibro-Scythe: 4D6 M.D. (+2 from W.P. Polearm); Range: Melee or 600' when thrown.
Vibro-Scythe Ion Blaster: 2D6 or 4D6 M.D.; Range: 1,200'; Payload: 28/30, rechargeable via cable to cyborg power supply, or half by E-Clip (15 shots).
Concealed Forearm Lasers: 1D6 M.D. for single, 2D6 M.D. for dual blast (counts as one melee action); Range: 1,600'; Payload: Effectively Unlimited
Giant-Sized Vibro-Blades: 1d4x10 M.D.; Range: Melee
Wing Mini-Missiles: AP Missiles 1D4x10 M.D., Plasma Missiles 1D6x10 M.D.; Can fire one at a time, or in volleys of two or four; Range: 1 mile; Payload: 8/8, 4 AP and 4 Plasma. - Not Present at Moment.
Constant Effects
Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (+2 if religious or fearful of angels)
Language Translator: Auto-Translates languages at 98.7% accuracy, 70% accuracy for 3-6 speakers. Knows 10 most common languages.
Amplified Hearing: Can hear almost inaudible sounds up to 360 feet away; can track by sound as a skill at 50%.
Passive Nightvision: Nightvision using ambient light out to 2,000' (Range increased to 6,000' when used with telescopic sight)
Light Filters: Reduces glare.
Sound Filters: Diminishes potentially damaging sounds.
Lung with Gas Filter and Oxygen Storage: Can breathe w/out air for up to 2 hours; immune to toxic gases, 94% chance nerve and poison gas do nothing.
Image
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 454
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Brianna Clarke »

Perception: 1d100: [40] = 40 (91%)
JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19 , 1d100: [47] = 47

Commune with spirits: 6 ISP, Duration: 20 minutes

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: 32/38 (Enhanced)
Mesi’s PPE: 90/90 PPE Remaining

When she notices the colours of the forest blending together and she starts getting dizzy, Brianna’s stomach sinks as she realizes what is about to happen. Oh no, not now. Brianna thinks to herself. Sadly, wishing doesn’t stop the mind storms as Brianna falls to the ground and starts to convulse as a barrage of images flow through her mind. The mind storm feels like it lasts for hours though, in reality, it only lasts for a few minutes.

When she comes too, Brianna slowly becomes aware of the fact that both Ecks and Jack are watching her closely. Brianna nods at Jack’s question. ”Just give me a couple of minutes to catch my breath. I’ll be ok.” Brianna does a quick once over to see if she was injured when she fell during the mind storm to see if she needs to use some psychic energy to heal herself.
Looking to Jack, Ecks says, "Good chance she's going to tell us something we don't want to hear, when she comes out of it."
Brianna smirks weakly. ”Yeah, you’re probably right. Just let me collect my thoughts. I saw a lot of things. Not sure exactly what it means but I think there’s something wrong with this forest.” Brianna sits back in her chair and tries to understand what she had just seen. She wonders to herself in a forest like this, could there be spirits. Maybe they could help? Brianna wonders to herself. Never hurts to try, I guess. Brianna then tries to use her ability to talk to any spirits that might be around. To Ecks and Jack, Brianna says, ”I’m going to try to see if there are spirits around here I can talk to.” Feeling a bit foolish, Brianna activates her ability and asks, ”Anyone around? Can I ask you a question?”
Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor. Helmet: 50/50, Main Body: 90/90, Arms: 40/40 each, Legs: 50/50 each with N-F20A Medium Force Field (75 MDC) -35/75 FF Activated

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 659
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: CAF, UPS and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s/ScytheNP#2513

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Underguard »

Current Conditions wrote:Time/Date and Location: 1055 (10:55AM), Late April, Pacific Northwest, Outpost Hanford
Environmental Conditions: Outside Temp; 22*C (71*F), very little if any actual rain is making it all the way to the team. It is comfortable to stand in the forest.
Brianna's Psionic Multiplier: Supernatural
Ley Line/Nexus Presence: No visible Ley Line, but the ambient energy of one.
Outside, Minerva struggles to finds the words to answer the the local which seems to aggravate him as he starts puffing and releasing soft growls before pointing to the pile of ash from the dead monsters. "Disease. You cure." It grunts before crouching to be at eye level. "You." He points to the Hunter and the others around Minerva. "Hurt? Help?" He asks. Arvid stands ready to help should he be called, and notices the brief moments of aggression or frustration from the local at Minerva's silence. Something else also catches the Godling's keen eyes; the other two locals are no longer alone. At least three others have joined them and are watching the exchange. Vera stands on the other side of Minerva and notes the same thing as Arvid, seeing the locals only her magnified optics let her see specific details about the locals; at least one of them appears to be holding an older firearm and another has what looks like a sword with a large gash across its face. Not a threat to the group by any means, but suggests a great deal of intelligence for what they seem to be.

Drake sits by his bike, watching the forest and the exchange while pondering how best to appease this forest. Looking forward, the cyber-knight is able to plot a path that continues forward and past the locals. Drake poses an open ended question for the group to consider as they continue interacting with the locals. Drake's also confident he can turn the group around and lead them back to the clearing if they wanted.

Mink spends her time tracking in the forest making sure those three were the only ones and although she does not find their lair, she does find tracks to a small watering hole several hundred feet north. There are humanoid footprints all over that vanish at the base of nearby trees. Mink looks in the canopy to inpsect the trees but sees nothing from her vantage point that suggests its used as a route of travel. This far out, Mink can't hear the engine of the Hunter hardly at all and is instead surrounded by the sounds of the forest which seems to have its own subtle sound. Mink doubles back as quickly as she can at the mention of Bri's Mindstorm.

Jack and Ecks are able to help restrain Bri to stop her from hurting herself or hitting parts of the interior, and the flash is brief before she calms down, out of breath, trying to recover. When Bri collects herself enough to feel the connection to the forest more, she takes a leap and attempts to communicate with any local spirits that could be floating around. Several of the nearby wisps that have been floating in the background of the forest move closer to the Bri as she asks her question. One seems to float near her and Brianna feels a wave of emotion come from the wisp; fear. She hears a disembodied voice as though it is right next to her. "Ask" Mink can properly identify two wisps, spirits of something, that respond to Bri. Jack sits back inside the vehicle and watches in relative bewilderment as apparently the girl that just had a seizure is now talking to ghosts. After a few minutes, the device Ecks was holding beeps again and when Ecks checks it, he is prompted for a password again.

What are you doing?
PW: CAF GM || UPS GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Exe (PW GA) |Venenifer (Roughnecks) | Glitch (PW: Rogues) | Sam Animus (PW Void Reaver) || EP Ledger
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm
Contact:

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Minerva »

Perception: 1d100: [53] = 53 /59%
JIC: 1d20: [7] = 7 / 1d100: [36] = 36

  • SDC: 207/207
  • HP: 120/120
  • ISP: 384/414

  • Duration: 10:15/16 minutes
  • Total Bonuses:
    • +1 APM
    • +3 on initiative
    • +1 to strike
    • +2 to parry and dodge
    • +2 to P.P. (factored in to bonuses)
    • +15% to all Physical skills that rely on coordination or balance

  • Damage: 4D6 M.D.
  • Duration: 10:00/16 minutes
  • Size: 8' high, 4' diameter


  • Helmet: 50/50
  • Arms:
    • L: 40/40
    • R: 40/40
  • Legs:
    • L: 50/50
    • R: 50/50
  • Main Body: 90/90
  • N-F50A Superheavy Force Field: 160/160 (ON)

  • Damage: 4D6 M.D.

  • Damage: 5D6 M.D.C. per melee

  • Range: 2,000'
  • Damage: 1D4x10 M.D.
  • Payload: 10 Shot (E-Clip)

  • Range: 1 mile
  • Damage: 6D6 M.D.
  • Payload: 2 missiles

  • Robotic P.S. of 25
  • +4 P.P.
  • +20 Speed
  • +10' to leaps
  • +10% to Climbing
  • Reduce Fatigue by 75%
  • -10% to Physical Skills
  • +1 to Strike with Hand Held Ranged Weapons
  • +3 Initiative
  • +2 to Parry
  • +2 to Dodge
  • +5 to Roll w/ Impact
  • Allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise
  • Restrained Punch: 6D6
  • Punch/Kick: 1D4 M.D.
  • Power Punch/Jump Kick: 2D4 M.D.


Minerva stands perfectly still as the small ones recoil from her understood speech. Even when the large creature lumbers toward her, she remains calm and collected. Perhaps too calm and collected, as she marvels at the creature's size, it's speech and how it consciously hunched itself down to her size to communicate.
Underguard wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:15 pm "Disease. You cure." It grunts before crouching to be at eye level. "You." He points to the Hunter and the others around Minerva. "Hurt? Help?"
Minerva shakes her head out of the clouds. "Sorry, sorry. I am in awe of you. You are simply amazing. Yes. We will help. We will cure the disease. The forest was kind enough to invite us in, we will not abuse that trust. How do we cure it?"
When she's gotten all the information she needs, she'll bow and say "Gracias señor" to the creature and then turn to her team and explain what transpired.
"He says the demons we defeated are a sickness of the forest and that we must cure it. Many men have come before in armor like this", she gestures to the Hunter, "and harmed the forest. While we conduct our mission for our employers, we must also find the source of this sickness and crush it so that this place can be whole again."
Grace Minerva
Ledger
  • I.S.P.: 390
  • H.P.: 109
  • S.D.C.: 177
  • M.D.C.: 286 (during Supernatural Transformation)
Image
Image
User avatar
Arvid Hammerson
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:16 am
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Arvid Hammerson »

Perception: 41% 1d100: [45] = 45 +25% For Electrical 1d100: [95] = 95
JIC d20: 1d20 1d20: [7] = 7

JIC: 1d100 1d100: [35] = 35

Conditions:

Racial Abilities
See the invisible
Resistant to toxins, fire, cold (half as effective/damage)
Nightvision (200')
Regeneration: 1D6x5 M.D.C. per minute
OOC Comments
The influence of ley line energy: The duration and range of the Zapper's pyrokinetic and other psychic powers are increased by 50% whenever on or near (within one mile/l .6 km) a ley line. The duration, range, and damage of his powers are doubled when at or near (one mile/l .6 km) a ley line nexus point!

Practitioners of magic, supernatural creatures, and demons can stand on or near a ley line and freely feed on its energy to cast magic as well as enhance their magic. (Increase the range and duration of a spell by 50% when on or within 2 miles/3 .2 km of a ley line.)

(Body armor included), completely impervious to electricity, including magical electrical attacks. Even mega-damage lightning strikes do no damage. Most other energy attacks do only half damage, including lasers, plasma and particle beams; magic energy attacks, other than electrical, do full damage. So do magic melee weapons, explosives and projectiles!
Duration: Constant.

Enhance Reflexes (10) bonuses: + 1 attack per melee, +3 on initiative, + 1 to strike, +2 to parry and dodge, +2 to P.P. (adding further bonuses to strike/parry/dodge if boosted to 16 or higher), and +15% to all Physical skills that rely on coordination or balance.

Electrical Aura & Radiate Electricity: Duration: Two minutes per level of experience. I.S.P. Cost: 5 24 MDC. Renews itself at a rate of 2D6 M.D.C. per melee round

2D6 M.D. can be inflicted with an electrical energy bolt (4D6 M.D. at ley lines and 6D6 M.D. at a nexus) if the Zapper concentrates intensely. This 2D6 M.D. can be added to damage from the Zapper's punches, kicks, or simply by being touched, if he so wills it to happen! lasts only one melee round per level of experience. Each M.D. electric attack (bolt, punch, kick, head butt, etc.) counts as one melee action/attack. Maximum range of the energy bolt is 30 feet (9m) per level of experience; triple at a ley line and quadruple at a nexus point.

Note: Additional cost of 8 I.S.P.,
P.P.E.: 110
I.S.P.: 150 127 -2
M.D.C.: 429 MDC, Armor 38, Electric Field 24 fully renewed

Arvin continues to listen to Minerva speaking with the Forest Person. When he sees the others close by, he slowly stands up and nods his recognition of the others.
Minerva "Sorry, sorry. I am in awe of you. You are simply amazing. Yes. We will help. We will cure the disease. The forest was kind enough to invite us in, we will not abuse that trust. How do we cure it?"
He speaks softly to Minerva, “Minerva, we have more company, looks like three more of them where the others were. Invite the others down, so we can make everyone feel comfortable and maybe we can help them in other ways?”
Minerva: "He says, the demons we defeated are a sickness of the forest and that we must cure it. Many men have come before in armor like this", she gestures to the Hunter, "and harmed the forest. While we conduct our mission for our employers, we must also find the source of this sickness and crush it so that this place can be whole again."
Arvin replies to Minerva Shaking his head in agreement, “Yes, Demons and devils are a pox on any world. We need to help these people and this forest.“

To the Forest People, “I will help rid this fair forest and these people of this vile plague to the best of my abilities, This I promise in the name of Odin and Asgard.” Arvin knows that his new friends do not understand what he has said, but he hopes, him showing solidarity with Minerva will help. He offers his hand to the Forest People, but makes sure he does not zap him. Then realize they may not understand it. “Minerva, can you help us here maybe invite the others? And tell him he might receive a bit of a jolt, it is normal and don't be afraid.”

Arvin switches to the radio, “Commander Ecks, Minerva, seems to understand these people and it seems we have an ally to help in this Forest. she seems to be the only one capable. I don't have any magic that cane replicate the spell. Do you have magic that can accomplish this? She can tell you more.”
The BOLT
OOC Comments
Avrid Hammerson
Zapper/Air Warlock

Description: Large,7-foot, handsome, male shoulder length blonde hair. jovial, smiles, (What does he have to fear, and he comes from the ruling class of Asgard) Muscles(Yes, his muscles have muscles and he is not trying to show off) Wears boots up to his knees. Hooded, light tan, surcoat with light blue pipping and, a Bear Skull, hooded Polar Bear Cape. Around his neck is a pendant with a large sapphire. Smiles, friendly, 20-ish looking, real age about 100.

Horror Factor:10 When they realize what they are up against
PPE: 110 -4
MDC: 429
ISP:150
Racial Abilities
See the Invisible
Resistant to toxins, fire, cold (half as effective/damage)
Nightvision (200')
Regeneration: 1D6x5 M.D.C. per minute

Natural Abilities
Perception: 31%
Charm/Impress: 40%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 25%
OOC Comments
Max. Encumbrance: Supernatural P.S.: 100% of Body Weight
Max. Carrying Weight: 2150 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 4300 lbs. above its waist for one minute per P.E. point.
Max. Jumping Ability:
Length 51 feet/Hight 25.5 feet
MDC: 429
Electrified Body Protection: 24 MDC
Armor: 38
User avatar
Vera Morozov
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat May 09, 2020 12:48 pm

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Vera Morozov »

Perception: 1d100: [28] = 28 / 47%
JiC d100: 1d100: [25] = 25 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [11] = 11
Constant Effects
Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (+2 if religious or fearful of angels)
Language Translator: Auto-Translates languages at 98.7% accuracy, 70% accuracy for 3-6 speakers. Knows 10 most common languages.
Amplified Hearing: Can hear almost inaudible sounds up to 360 feet away; can track by sound as a skill at 50%.
Passive Nightvision: Nightvision using ambient light out to 2,000' (Range increased to 6,000' when used with telescopic sight)
Light Filters: Reduces glare.
Sound Filters: Diminishes potentially damaging sounds.
Lung with Gas Filter and Oxygen Storage: Can breathe w/out air for up to 2 hours; immune to toxic gases, 94% chance nerve and poison gas do nothing.
Vera can't help but chuckle to herself as the situation is explained, both to the team and to the people of the forest.
No matter where I go, demons crop up. I cannot get away from it.
She moves up besides Minerva and Arvin. Unlike Arvin, who chooses to respond to the forest people, Vera doesn't speak to them, simply allowing her presence and standing besides her team speak for her.

Once they have assured the forest folk that their intentions are benevolent, she turns and moves to the Hunter and those inside, servos whirring as the cyborg approaches. "Find anything useful on our little present, Ecks?" she queries.
Vera Morozov
A Russian Angelus ex Machina!
M.D.C.

N-F40A Heavy Force Field
  • Force Field M.D.C.: 110/110
L1-B1 Light Infantry Armor
  • Main Body: 150/150 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm: 20/20 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm: 20/20 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg: 35/35 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg: 35/35 M.D.C.
  • Head: 15/15 M.D.C.
  • -5% to Physical skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing, Gymnastics, Pick Pockets, Prowl, and Swimming.
M.D.C. by Location
  • Head - 150/150 M.D.C. with Helmet
  • Main Body - 290/290 M.D.C.
  • Right Hand - 30/30 M.D.C.
  • Left Hand - 30/30 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm - 90/90 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm - 90/90 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg - 120/120 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg - 120/120 M.D.C.
  • Right Foot - 65/65 M.D.C.
  • Left Foot - 65/65 M.D.C.
  • Right Wing - 175/175 M.D.C.
  • Left Wing - 175/175 M.D.C.
  • Main Rear Jets (3; small) - 40/40 each
  • Lower Maneuvering Jets (3; even smaller) - 25/25 each
  • Wing Mini-Missiles (8; self-launch) - 15/15 M.D.C. each
  • Concealed Forearm Lasers (2; 1 per arm) - 10/10 M.D.C. each
Weapons & Attacks
Hand-to-Hand Combat:
  • Claw Strike - 3D4 M.D.
  • Head Butt - 2D4 M.D.
  • Restrained Punch - 1D4 M.D.
  • Full Strength Punch - 2D6 M.D.
  • Power Punch - 4D6 M.D.
  • Kick - 2D6 M.D. +2D6 M.D. from the Vibro-Blade damage.
  • Flying Leap Kick or Power Dive (feet first) - Does 1D6x10 - Special effect, see character sheet for details.

Vibro-Scythe: 4D6 M.D. (+2 from W.P. Polearm); Range: Melee or 600' when thrown.
Vibro-Scythe Ion Blaster: 2D6 or 4D6 M.D.; Range: 1,200'; Payload: 28/30, rechargeable via cable to cyborg power supply, or half by E-Clip (15 shots).
Concealed Forearm Lasers: 1D6 M.D. for single, 2D6 M.D. for dual blast (counts as one melee action); Range: 1,600'; Payload: Effectively Unlimited
Giant-Sized Vibro-Blades: 1d4x10 M.D.; Range: Melee
Wing Mini-Missiles: AP Missiles 1D4x10 M.D., Plasma Missiles 1D6x10 M.D.; Can fire one at a time, or in volleys of two or four; Range: 1 mile; Payload: 8/8, 4 AP and 4 Plasma. - Not Present at Moment.
Constant Effects
Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (+2 if religious or fearful of angels)
Language Translator: Auto-Translates languages at 98.7% accuracy, 70% accuracy for 3-6 speakers. Knows 10 most common languages.
Amplified Hearing: Can hear almost inaudible sounds up to 360 feet away; can track by sound as a skill at 50%.
Passive Nightvision: Nightvision using ambient light out to 2,000' (Range increased to 6,000' when used with telescopic sight)
Light Filters: Reduces glare.
Sound Filters: Diminishes potentially damaging sounds.
Lung with Gas Filter and Oxygen Storage: Can breathe w/out air for up to 2 hours; immune to toxic gases, 94% chance nerve and poison gas do nothing.
Image
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
Posts: 921
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC
Contact:

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Ecks »

Perception: 1d100: [56] = 56 /85%
JIC: 1d20: [15] = 15 / 1d100: [48] = 48

Computer Hacking; 1d100: [18] = 18 /93% (these rolls for keeping the device unlocked/active)
Computer Hacking; 1d100: [23] = 23 /93%
Computer Hacking; 1d100: [74] = 74 /93%
Computer Hacking; 1d100: [32] = 32 /93%
Computer Hacking; 1d100: [82] = 82 /93%

These for gaining a better understanding of other features of the device.

Computer Hacking; 1d100: [18] = 18 /93%
Computer Hacking; 1d100: [52] = 52 /93%
Computer Hacking; 1d100: [21] = 21 /93%

Ecks watches warily as Bri composes herself and beckons spirits to speak to. The operator has never entirely shaken his distrust of the supernatural.

"Remember, never give your secured card number to any spirits you don't know." he says cheekily, covering the unsettling nature of the environment.

Still as the device beeps, prompting him for a password again, he tries his hand again, to keep the device active.
Ecks
Medals
Image
H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 659
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: CAF, UPS and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s/ScytheNP#2513

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Underguard »

Current Conditions wrote:Time/Date and Location: 1100 (11:00AM), Late April, Pacific Northwest, Outpost Hanford
Environmental Conditions: Outside Temp; 22*C (71*F), very little if any actual rain is making it all the way to the team. It is comfortable to stand in the forest.
Brianna's Psionic Multiplier: Supernatural
Ley Line/Nexus Presence: No visible Ley Line, but the ambient energy of one.
The creature seems to nod fervently in appreciation at understanding. The creature takes a stick and pokes it into the ground so it is standing up. He moves his hands around it and grunts "Machine." He moves to another spot and says Machine again. He moves and says it again and walks in the middle of all of them and says "Tree." Then he moves to the stick and kicks it out of the ground and looks to Minerva to see if she understands. Drake stares blandly, watching the encounter from his bike and dreaming of other things. Minerva can head to everyone else and relay what she learned from the locals. When Minerva moves away from the creature, he also steps back and vanishes into the brush. Minerva can hear the sound of tree climbing. Minerva doesn't have time to relay Arvid's request before the locals seem to spread out, however keen eyes can tell a couple of the locals might be watching them still. [Everyone passed their perception check]

Bri takes a few moments to recollect her thoughts after her Mindstorm and relaying what happened to Ecks. Jack is able to help get her water and otherwise just watches the optics, most of the other sensory systems relatively useless. Vera hops ontop of the Hunter to Ecks' hatch and peers inside as the Operator does impressive hacking. Once Ecks broke into the device, Ecks dove in and a series of minor curse words and Ha's later, Ecks is learning a lot about the device. "DAGR" is etched into different areas within it's small operating system and Ecks can immediately tell it is a form of Global Positioning System device that is still connected to something; as in this hand-held GPS receiver is actively being fed information from somewhere else. The Contact List is a list of other, offline GPS modules. There are only 9 buttons on device, making using it simple yet complicated. Ecks is not capable of removing the password prompt, it seems the device is set to auto-lock after five minutes of being unlocked, regardless of activity; a security feature? Something interesting about this DAGR device is that whatever signal it is receiving penetrates the forest's natural blocking ability, which means Ecks might be able to track it. [Hacking for days.]

Minerva stands outside with Arvid, Mink and Drake in a perpetual stand still, the locals they were talking too seemingly done talking. The four outside note the Hunter has not moved the entire time, even a little bit; within Ecks is diving into the device while Bri recovers. The outside forest doesn't have many of the natural sounds you might expect to hear, but with the Hunter idling and the conversations died down, the sound of the rain above can be heard. Those outside note that there seem to be an increasing number of wisps that are circling the Hunter.

What are you doing?
PW: CAF GM || UPS GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Exe (PW GA) |Venenifer (Roughnecks) | Glitch (PW: Rogues) | Sam Animus (PW Void Reaver) || EP Ledger
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
User avatar
Arvid Hammerson
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:16 am
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Arvid Hammerson »

Perception: 41% 1d100: [80] = 80 +25% For Electrical 1d100 1d100: [96] = 96

JIC d20: 1d20 1d20: [12] = 12

JIC: 1d100 1d100: [53] = 53

Conditions:

Racial Abilities
See the invisible
Resistant to toxins, fire, cold (half as effective/damage)
Nightvision (200')
Regeneration: 1D6x5 M.D.C. per minute
OOC Comments
The influence of ley line energy: The duration and range of the Zapper's pyrokinetic and other psychic powers are increased by 50% whenever on or near (within one mile/l .6 km) a ley line. The duration, range, and damage of his powers are doubled when at or near (one mile/l .6 km) a ley line nexus point!

Practitioners of magic, supernatural creatures, and demons can stand on or near a ley line and freely feed on its energy to cast magic as well as enhance their magic. (Increase the range and duration of a spell by 50% when on or within 2 miles/3 .2 km of a ley line.)

(Body armor included), completely impervious to electricity, including magical electrical attacks. Even mega-damage lightning strikes do no damage. Most other energy attacks do only half damage, including lasers, plasma and particle beams; magic energy attacks, other than electrical, do full damage. So do magic melee weapons, explosives and projectiles!
Duration: Constant.

Enhance Reflexes (10) bonuses: + 1 attack per melee, +3 on initiative, + 1 to strike, +2 to parry and dodge, +2 to P.P. (adding further bonuses to strike/parry/dodge if boosted to 16 or higher), and +15% to all Physical skills that rely on coordination or balance.

Electrical Aura & Radiate Electricity: Duration: Two minutes per level of experience. I.S.P. Cost: 5 24 MDC. Renews itself at a rate of 2D6 M.D.C. per melee round

2D6 M.D. can be inflicted with an electrical energy bolt (4D6 M.D. at ley lines and 6D6 M.D. at a nexus) if the Zapper concentrates intensely. This 2D6 M.D. can be added to damage from the Zapper's punches, kicks, or simply by being touched, if he so wills it to happen! lasts only one melee round per level of experience. Each M.D. electric attack (bolt, punch, kick, head butt, etc.) counts as one melee action/attack. Maximum range of the energy bolt is 30 feet (9m) per level of experience; triple at a ley line and quadruple at a nexus point.

Note: Additional cost of 8 I.S.P.,

W.P. Sword - +2 to strike +1 to parry

Number of Attacks: 7
Initiative Bonus: +9
Strike Bonus: +10
Parry Bonus: +15
Dodge Bonus: +14

P.P.E.: 110
I.S.P.: 150 127 -2
M.D.C.: 429 MDC, Armor 38, Electric Field 24 fully renewed

Arvin looks on as the Forest Man explains the plan,
The creature takes a stick and pokes it into the ground so it is standing up. He moves his hands around it and grunts "Machine." He moves to another spot and says Machine again. He moves and says it again and walks in the middle of all of them and says "Tree." Then he moves to the stick and kicks it out of the ground and looks to Minerva to see if she understands.
Arvin speaks with a look of concern over the radio, “So there are three Machines, and we need to take them out? Very simple he is letting us decide how to do our part? I can wreak havoc with machines, may not destroy them but it gives the rest time to close and destroy it or them. I should lead the way and stop their communications. Then switch things off like the radar and optics. Finally get close and start draining the machine, make it less efficient."

Arvin continues, “Ecks any idea what we will run into? Anyone else have some suggestions before we head out? I think we should start moving, soon since the Allies have left.”

Arvin uses his abilities to Sense Electronics and moves toward it if the forest allows it.

Arvin uses his Turbo Board to head for the nearest source.

Use Frequency Jamming
Range: 300 ft line of sight or two machines by touch.
Duration: 1.5 minutes
OOC Comments
Saving Throw: Not applicable; affects machines.
P.P.E.: Eight for Air Warlocks.
This spell interferes with communications, transmissions and/or
sensor systems (radios, radar, sonar, motion detector, heat sensor, CAT
scan, lie detector, etc.) by magically jamming the frequencies used by
that machine. This means no intelligible readings or communications
can be delivered by the enchanted machine until the magic ends.
Last edited by Arvid Hammerson on Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
The BOLT
OOC Comments
Avrid Hammerson
Zapper/Air Warlock

Description: Large,7-foot, handsome, male shoulder length blonde hair. jovial, smiles, (What does he have to fear, and he comes from the ruling class of Asgard) Muscles(Yes, his muscles have muscles and he is not trying to show off) Wears boots up to his knees. Hooded, light tan, surcoat with light blue pipping and, a Bear Skull, hooded Polar Bear Cape. Around his neck is a pendant with a large sapphire. Smiles, friendly, 20-ish looking, real age about 100.

Horror Factor:10 When they realize what they are up against
PPE: 110 -4
MDC: 429
ISP:150
Racial Abilities
See the Invisible
Resistant to toxins, fire, cold (half as effective/damage)
Nightvision (200')
Regeneration: 1D6x5 M.D.C. per minute

Natural Abilities
Perception: 31%
Charm/Impress: 40%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 25%
OOC Comments
Max. Encumbrance: Supernatural P.S.: 100% of Body Weight
Max. Carrying Weight: 2150 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 4300 lbs. above its waist for one minute per P.E. point.
Max. Jumping Ability:
Length 51 feet/Hight 25.5 feet
MDC: 429
Electrified Body Protection: 24 MDC
Armor: 38
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm
Contact:

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Minerva »

Perception: 1d100: [91] = 91 /59%
JIC: 1d20: [3] = 3 / 1d100: [37] = 37

"OK... Three machines surrounding the forest that must be destroyed in order to restore the forest to health. I think I understand. I will do my best." As she moves away from the creature, she hears the sound of it's retreat. Glad it felt comfortable enough with me to Heading to the others, she explains what the creature has told her as best she can. The rain is a comforting sound but the wisps are a source of concern for her. "What are these? Mr. Ecks, what would you have us do next?"

She climbs aboard her motorcycle and awaits further instructions.
Grace Minerva
Ledger
  • I.S.P.: 390
  • H.P.: 109
  • S.D.C.: 177
  • M.D.C.: 286 (during Supernatural Transformation)
Image
Image
User avatar
Jack O'Connell
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu May 13, 2021 8:36 am

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Jack O'Connell »

Jack scratches his beard as he listens to all the comms chatter. He watches his operator crewmate fiddle away in his hacking attempts for a while before going back to the optics. It seems like there isn't much work for a soldier like him in the high tech cockpit. He speaks up after a while.

"I reckon I'll get out and carry on on foot once we get a little closer to the objective."

A lopsided grin appears on Jack's face.

"Not that I mind the company, I just reckon I'd be a bit more useful once I'm out of y'all's hair."
HP: 27/27
SDC: 27/27

NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor. Helmet: 40/40, Arms: 20/20 each, Legs: 30/30 each, Main Body: 80/80




Link to Ledger

Jack O'Connell - Special Forces Soldier
User avatar
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:33 am
Location: MARS PC
Contact:

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Drake »

Perception: 1d100: [91] = 91 /55%
Just in Case: 1d20: [13] = 13 ; 1d100: [80] = 80
Conditions:
Basic Combat Awareness: Against One Opponent.
• Negates any bonuses provided by the weapon/machine.
• The Cyber-Knight knows what his opponent is doing the same instant his opponent does it, enabling the knight to react a split second faster: +3 on initiative against attacks from modern guns and machines (bionics, robots, etc.), and +6 against artificial intelligences and computers like Skelebots and automated defense systems. Cyber-Knight is +3 to strike and parry.
• Meanwhile, the Cyber-Knight's gun toting or tech-laden opponent is -3 to dodge the Cyber-Knight's attacks and loses 2 melee attacks/actions due to time spent compensating for the Cyber-Knight's amazing agility, combat skills and awareness.
Cloud Sensors: The Cyber-Knight cannot be accurately detected with Sensors.
• Sensors" are limited to those in Robots, Power Armor, Vehicles with Weapons/Sensor systems.
• Inexperienced (1st-3rd Level) sensor operators cannot use sensors at all, and -2 attacks per melee every time they try to figure out what's going on.
• Experienced operators are uncertain, hesitate, and lose one melee action, with a -40% skill penalty.

NG Road Hog Motorcycle Main Body 115/115
NG-EX10 Gladius Light Exo-Skeleton Battle Armor Main Body 180/180
• [roll]N-F40A Heavy Force Field[/roll] Force Field 110/110
Armored M.D.C. “Tank” Trench Coat Main Body 50/50


Drake sits on his bike waiting for confirmation of any action, outwardly he seems very calm, inside not so much. Need to do something, not a fan of standing around when we could be doing something. Drake thinks.
Arvid Hammerson wrote:“So there are three Machines, and we need to take them out? Very simple he is letting us decide how to do our part? I can wreak havoc with machines, may not destroy them but it gives the rest time to close and destroy it or them. I should lead the way and stop their communications. Then switch things off like the radar and optics. Finally get close and start draining the machine, make it less efficient... Ecks any idea what we will run into? Anyone else have some suggestions before we head out? I think we should start moving, soon since the Allies have left.”
Finally Drake thinks with a sigh. "Do we know where they are? This forest likes to move and confuse, so we could be wandering for a while." Drake says over the radio. While waiting for an answer, Drake looks around from his spot.
"I hear black and I have no mercy." ~Drake, during the black rage. EP
"The sun persists in rising, so I make myself stand." -Katniss Everdeen
"Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves." ~The First Histories of Man.
User avatar
Arvid Hammerson
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:16 am
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Arvid Hammerson »

(((Rolls Carry over)))
Arvin responses to Drake, "If I get close, I can sense electronics, but it would be a big help if we Have the Forest help. I think It wanted us to find the Forest People. But I shall ask it for help by showing us the way, just beware that it might not respond to me in a normal way."
Arvin Tries to Talk to the forest again using elemental, "Brother of the Forest. We have talked to the Forest People and have agreed to help them and you. We only ask for any guidance that you maybe willing to help. Please guide our steps."
Elemental language at 98%1d100 1d100: [68] = 68

Arvin looks for a sign, then he moves slowly, hoping he is guided by the forest or his sense on electric devices.
The BOLT
OOC Comments
Avrid Hammerson
Zapper/Air Warlock

Description: Large,7-foot, handsome, male shoulder length blonde hair. jovial, smiles, (What does he have to fear, and he comes from the ruling class of Asgard) Muscles(Yes, his muscles have muscles and he is not trying to show off) Wears boots up to his knees. Hooded, light tan, surcoat with light blue pipping and, a Bear Skull, hooded Polar Bear Cape. Around his neck is a pendant with a large sapphire. Smiles, friendly, 20-ish looking, real age about 100.

Horror Factor:10 When they realize what they are up against
PPE: 110 -4
MDC: 429
ISP:150
Racial Abilities
See the Invisible
Resistant to toxins, fire, cold (half as effective/damage)
Nightvision (200')
Regeneration: 1D6x5 M.D.C. per minute

Natural Abilities
Perception: 31%
Charm/Impress: 40%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 25%
OOC Comments
Max. Encumbrance: Supernatural P.S.: 100% of Body Weight
Max. Carrying Weight: 2150 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 4300 lbs. above its waist for one minute per P.E. point.
Max. Jumping Ability:
Length 51 feet/Hight 25.5 feet
MDC: 429
Electrified Body Protection: 24 MDC
Armor: 38
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 234
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC
Contact:

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Mink »

Perception: 71%/ 1d100: [17] = 17
JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4 , 1d100: [46] = 46

Mink makes her way back and observes the wisps. She jets her way up to the cockpit and after confirming the entities are helping, not hurting Briana, Mink notices the electronic toy Ecks is interacting with. "Call me when you get it figured out Boss, and when she is able to tell us when happened. Not going to sit here hovering, figuratively or literally."
Minerva wrote:"OK... Three machines surrounding the forest that must be destroyed in order to restore the forest to health." As she moves away from the creature, she hears the sound of it's retreat. Glad it felt comfortable enough with me to Heading to the others, she explains what the creature has told her as best she can. The rain is a comforting sound but the wisps are a source of concern for her. "What are these? Mr. Ecks, what would you have us do next?" She climbs aboard her motorcycle and awaits further instructions.

"Bri seems to be calling the wisps too her. they are some sort of entity, but seem benign. She just went through a Mindstorm though, so we're waiting on her to recover and let us know what happened. She gets these visions mixed with what looks like a seizure. I'm just glad she's not getting the full on psychic quakes she was getting on our way to Madhaven. Those sucked for all of us. So bad the entities and monsters in Madhaven fled. Good thing too, because it would knock us all out for a few minutes." She shakes her head clearing out the memory of it. "Boss was caught up between looking after Bri and messing with that gadget we found. Might be a bit distracted. Gotta wonder what those structures might be though. If nothing else a cautionary tale." 'Pre-rifts from the sounds of it, or from just after the cataclysm.'
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image
Current Identity: Mink, Sheet, Gear
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 659
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: CAF, UPS and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s/ScytheNP#2513

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Underguard »

Current Conditions wrote:Time/Date and Location: 1135 (11:35AM), Late April, Pacific Northwest, Outpost Hanford
Environmental Conditions: Outside Temp; 22*C (71*F), very little if any actual rain is making it all the way to the team. It is comfortable to stand in the forest.
Brianna's Psionic Multiplier: Supernatural
Ley Line/Nexus Presence: No visible Ley Line, but the ambient energy of one.
After the creatures disperse, besides the electronics held by the team itself, Arvid can't sense anything within range of his senses for another electrical source and the locals weren't really good at communicating. Reaching out to the forest itself and speaking in the elemental tongue, Arvid tries again. To all those listening to Arvid, it sounds like he is communicating through the exhalation of his breathe at normal level. Drake, Minerva and Mink all look around. Jack takes the moment to pop the hatch and climb out of the Hunter to feel his boots on the ground again.

After Arvid finishes his breathy request, Mink starts to notice some of the wisps circling back, behind the team. Though Arvid again receives no verbal response from the forest he starts feeling an electrical pulse behind them, back towards the clearing they were in earlier. Drake recognizes through experience that they have a choice to make now on the direction; double back to the clearing and help the forest or push on and get out of the forest. Heading back to the clearing would only be half an hour or so at a slow, controlled pace. Since it already seemed like the group consensus to help the forest, everyone starts getting ready to roll.

Any player with [any] level of psionics outside of the vehicles start to notice that the wisps hover around you, with more wisps around the more powerful psionics, and the majority still surrounding the Hunter.

The team reconfigures and heads back to the clearing, Ecks hacking and driving but to Bri's chagrin while the others form a small convoy around. The pace is slow enough that a few can elect to travel on foot versus given a ride. When the crew reaches the clearing, everyone can visibly see the wisps leading them to the southern passage.

This pathway through the trees, upon closer inspection, is not wide enough for the Hunter to fit easily. The path also feels darker, the trees going southbound seem to have darker bark and there are patches of mud that catch wheels. Drake and Minerva both realize they'd be hard-pressed to ride their bikes, and the Hunter would need to be parked; all for some forest.

The crew now stands back in the clearing, near the southern passageway where the wisps are quite obviously trying to guide. The way east, west and north are all still open as well.

What are you doing?
PW: CAF GM || UPS GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Exe (PW GA) |Venenifer (Roughnecks) | Glitch (PW: Rogues) | Sam Animus (PW Void Reaver) || EP Ledger
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
Posts: 921
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC
Contact:

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Ecks »

Perception: 1d100: [57] = 57 /85%
JIC: 1d20: [10] = 10 / 1d100: [13] = 13

Ecks frowns as the need to destroy these machines become apparent. Replying to Arvid, Ecks ponders. "This device seems to possibly be pre-rifts. Likely military. Perhaps an old installation? It's hard to say. From the looks of it, there are or were several people with watches like these. Mink, if you want to take a look at it, you're more than welcome. Well, anyone is more than welcome. But that's what I take from it."

The closing forest further rains on Ecks' attitude. "Well, looks like we're going to be on foot for a bit. Secure your vehicles and we'll move out."

After securing the Morning Glory, he joins the others on foot, with his JA-12 in tow. "Mink and Minerva, you lead in. Arvid, with your... uh... abilities, fit in where you feel you ought to be." Ecks says, still uneasy about the new addition. He hopes the decision proves to be a good one.
Ecks
Medals
Image
H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Arvid Hammerson
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:16 am
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Arvid Hammerson »

Perception: 41% 1d100: [40] = 40 +25% For Electrical 1d100 1d100: [42] = 42

JIC d20: 1d20 1d20: [17] = 17

JIC: 1d100 1d100: [86] = 86

Conditions:

Racial Abilities
See the invisible
Resistant to toxins, fire, cold (half as effective/damage)
Nightvision (200')
Regeneration: 1D6x5 M.D.C. per minute
OOC Comments
The influence of ley line energy: The duration and range of the Zapper's pyrokinetic and other psychic powers are increased by 50% whenever on or near (within one mile/l .6 km) a ley line. The duration, range, and damage of his powers are doubled when at or near (one mile/l .6 km) a ley line nexus point!

Practitioners of magic, supernatural creatures, and demons can stand on or near a ley line and freely feed on its energy to cast magic as well as enhance their magic. (Increase the range and duration of a spell by 50% when on or within 2 miles/3 .2 km of a ley line.)

(Body armor included), completely impervious to electricity, including magical electrical attacks. Even mega-damage lightning strikes do no damage. Most other energy attacks do only half damage, including lasers, plasma and particle beams; magic energy attacks, other than electrical, do full damage. So do magic melee weapons, explosives and projectiles!
Duration: Constant.

Enhance Reflexes (10) bonuses: + 1 attack per melee, +3 on initiative, + 1 to strike, +2 to parry and dodge, +2 to P.P. (adding further bonuses to strike/parry/dodge if boosted to 16 or higher), and +15% to all Physical skills that rely on coordination or balance.

Electrical Aura & Radiate Electricity: Duration: Two minutes per level of experience. I.S.P. Cost: 5 24 MDC. Renews itself at a rate of 2D6 M.D.C. per melee round

2D6 M.D. can be inflicted with an electrical energy bolt (4D6 M.D. at ley lines and 6D6 M.D. at a nexus) if the Zapper concentrates intensely. This 2D6 M.D. can be added to damage from the Zapper's punches, kicks, or simply by being touched, if he so wills it to happen! lasts only one melee round per level of experience. Each M.D. electric attack (bolt, punch, kick, head butt, etc.) counts as one melee action/attack. Maximum range of the energy bolt is 30 feet (9m) per level of experience; triple at a ley line and quadruple at a nexus point.

Note: Additional cost of 8 I.S.P.,

W.P. Sword - +2 to strike +1 to parry

Number of Attacks: 7
Initiative Bonus: +9
Strike Bonus: +10
Parry Bonus: +15
Dodge Bonus: +14

P.P.E.: 110
I.S.P.: 150 127 -2

M.D.C.: 429 MDC, Armor 38, Electric Field 24 fully renewed
Arvin speaks up, “I’m feeling electrical impulses be hide us. The Wisps here. I think the forest has given us some help. Notice they are guiding us back in the directions that we came from.”

Arvin heads back with the rest of the group. Once back he notices the Wisps heading South, he responds, “I believe we have our directions. Thank you, Forest. We appreciate what you are doing.”
"Mink and Minerva, you lead in. Arvid, with your... uh... abilities, fit in where you feel you ought to be." Ecks says
Arvin listens to Ecks and mentions, “Commander Ecks, I do have some spells that might help if we get stuck. If anyone needs my ride and knows how to use it, they can. I can always walk on the air.”
Walk the Wind
OOC Comments
Range: Self or others.
Duration: 20 melees per level of the Warlock. 30 melees in magic zone 7 1/2 mins
Saving Throw: None.
P.P.E.: Ten
This is a sort of limited fly spell enabling those enchanted to hover up to 20 feet (6 m) above the ground and glide along the wind currents.
Warlocks love to impress people by casting this spell and walking into the sky as if climbing a staircase. Speeds: Walking is equal to half the person's maximum speed attribute, but he can glide on the wind at speeds of up to 20 mph (32 km). This spell offers maximum control and maneuverability, + 1 to parry, +2 to dodge. There are no restrictions in combat.
The BOLT
OOC Comments
Avrid Hammerson
Zapper/Air Warlock

Description: Large,7-foot, handsome, male shoulder length blonde hair. jovial, smiles, (What does he have to fear, and he comes from the ruling class of Asgard) Muscles(Yes, his muscles have muscles and he is not trying to show off) Wears boots up to his knees. Hooded, light tan, surcoat with light blue pipping and, a Bear Skull, hooded Polar Bear Cape. Around his neck is a pendant with a large sapphire. Smiles, friendly, 20-ish looking, real age about 100.

Horror Factor:10 When they realize what they are up against
PPE: 110 -4
MDC: 429
ISP:150
Racial Abilities
See the Invisible
Resistant to toxins, fire, cold (half as effective/damage)
Nightvision (200')
Regeneration: 1D6x5 M.D.C. per minute

Natural Abilities
Perception: 31%
Charm/Impress: 40%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 25%
OOC Comments
Max. Encumbrance: Supernatural P.S.: 100% of Body Weight
Max. Carrying Weight: 2150 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 4300 lbs. above its waist for one minute per P.E. point.
Max. Jumping Ability:
Length 51 feet/Hight 25.5 feet
MDC: 429
Electrified Body Protection: 24 MDC
Armor: 38
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm
Contact:

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Minerva »

Perception: 1d100: [95] = 95 /59%
JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2 / 1d100: [6] = 6

Minerva watches as Arvid breathes at nothing and gets a response from the wisps. "Fascinating, no?" she says to no one in particular. As more and more wisps begin to encircle her, she reaches her hand out to attempt to touch one. Assuming her hand goes through, she just stares in awe for a moment. "You are here to guide me? I will follow." Minerva takes Ecks' advice and parks her bike before following the wisps toward the southern passage.
Ecks wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:36 pm"Mink and Minerva, you lead in. Arvid, with your... uh... abilities, fit in where you feel you ought to be."
"Copy that, Mister Ecks. La Professora, shall we?" Minerva heads in, turning on her forearm flashlight if needed to help visibility.
Grace Minerva
Ledger
  • I.S.P.: 390
  • H.P.: 109
  • S.D.C.: 177
  • M.D.C.: 286 (during Supernatural Transformation)
Image
Image
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 454
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Brianna Clarke »

Perception: 1d100: [90] = 90 (91%)
JIC: 1d20: [10] = 10 , 1d100: [94] = 94

Commune with spirits: 6 ISP, Duration: 20 minutes

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: 38/38 (Enhanced)
Mesi’s PPE: 90/90 PPE Remaining
One seems to float near her and Brianna feels a wave of emotion come from the wisp; fear. She hears a disembodied voice as though it is right next to her. "Ask"
Brianna is genuinely surprised when the wisp responds as she had never tried to talk to a spirit before. She tries to think of an intelligent question for a few moments before asking, ”There’s something wrong with the forest, isn’t there? What can we do to help it?” Brianna hopes that in her daze she hasn’t missed the answer already.
The closing forest further rains on Ecks' attitude. "Well, looks like we're going to be on foot for a bit. Secure your vehicles and we'll move out."
Brianna nods at Ecks, clearly trying to get her head back into the game. ”Copy that.” Brianna quickly changes into her armour and helps Ecks do whatever he needs in order to secure the morning glory before heading out to join the rest of the team.
Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor. Helmet: 50/50, Main Body: 90/90, Arms: 40/40 each, Legs: 50/50 each with N-F20A Medium Force Field (75 MDC) -35/75 FF Activated

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Jack O'Connell
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu May 13, 2021 8:36 am

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Jack O'Connell »

Perception: 15% / 1d100: [82] = 82
JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4 , 1d100: [95] = 95
Conditions: Multi-Optic Eye, Universal Headjack and Ear Implant (Basic), Amplified Hearing, Sound Filtration System, NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor

Jack takes a moment to breathe in the fresh air before putting on his helmet and sealing it. He takes a moment to slide all of the pieces of his collapsable laser rifle into place. He clicks off the safety and turns a dial on the side up to the maximum setting. Jack knew that meant that he'd have fewer shots, but if they were about to walk into a fight with more of those monsters, he was pretty sure the low power settings wouldn't cut it.

Jack walks up to where the rest of the group is gathering and falls in.

"So, what's the plan folks? I'm happy to go where I'm needed, otherwise, I'll just find myself a cosy little perch to do some shootin' from."
HP: 27/27
SDC: 27/27

NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor. Helmet: 40/40, Arms: 20/20 each, Legs: 30/30 each, Main Body: 80/80




Link to Ledger

Jack O'Connell - Special Forces Soldier
User avatar
Arvid Hammerson
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:16 am
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Arvid Hammerson »

((( Rolls Carry Over)))
Jack walks up to where the rest of the group is gathering and falls in.

"So, what's the plan folks? I'm happy to go where I'm needed, otherwise, I'll just find myself a cosy little perch to do some shootin' from."
Arvin looks at Ecks and Jack then the others and states, "If it is Ok with you Commander Ecks, I shall be right after those that are in the lead. I will remain on the Turbo, I feel I can back them up quicker and If they need me. but if they attack the back I can get close to others. if needed."
The BOLT
OOC Comments
Avrid Hammerson
Zapper/Air Warlock

Description: Large,7-foot, handsome, male shoulder length blonde hair. jovial, smiles, (What does he have to fear, and he comes from the ruling class of Asgard) Muscles(Yes, his muscles have muscles and he is not trying to show off) Wears boots up to his knees. Hooded, light tan, surcoat with light blue pipping and, a Bear Skull, hooded Polar Bear Cape. Around his neck is a pendant with a large sapphire. Smiles, friendly, 20-ish looking, real age about 100.

Horror Factor:10 When they realize what they are up against
PPE: 110 -4
MDC: 429
ISP:150
Racial Abilities
See the Invisible
Resistant to toxins, fire, cold (half as effective/damage)
Nightvision (200')
Regeneration: 1D6x5 M.D.C. per minute

Natural Abilities
Perception: 31%
Charm/Impress: 40%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 25%
OOC Comments
Max. Encumbrance: Supernatural P.S.: 100% of Body Weight
Max. Carrying Weight: 2150 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 4300 lbs. above its waist for one minute per P.E. point.
Max. Jumping Ability:
Length 51 feet/Hight 25.5 feet
MDC: 429
Electrified Body Protection: 24 MDC
Armor: 38
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 234
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC
Contact:

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Mink »

Perception: 71%/ 1d100: [70] = 70 - PASS
JIC: 1d100: [88] = 88 , 1d20: [10] = 10
Conditions: Enhanced Hearing, Passive Power Armor Sensors, Mind Block Auto-Defense, Sixth Sense, and See the Invisible by end of post
Electronic Countermeasures 85%/ 1d100: [35] = 35 - figure out the signal details from the Navigation device. - PASS
Radio: Basic 100%/ 1d100: [76] = 76 - figure out the signal details from the Navigation device. - PASS
Computer Hacking 60% or Computer Programming 65%/ 1d100: [88] = 88 - Program/Hack her way into receiving the signal from the Navigation device. - Fail
Sensory Equipment 65%/ 1d100: [22] = 22 - Hone into the signal from the Navigation device. - PASS
Astronomy & Navigation 40%/ 1d100: [68] = 68 - figure out where the signal from the Navigation device is coming from. - Fail
Activate Sensitive: Object Read (6)
  • Impressions: 70%/ 1d100: [62] = 62 - Regarding the Device - PASS
    Images: 62%/ 1d100: [95] = 95 - Regarding the Device - Fail
    Present: 52%/ 1d100: [3] = 3 - Regarding the Device - Critical Success
Language: Spanish 85%/ 1d100: [17] = 17 - Conversational Use - PASS
Robots and Power Armor 86%/ 1d100: [34] = 34 - In case of emergency - PASS
Detect Ambush 70%/ 1d100: [31] = 31 - Looking for hidden threats - natural, supernatural, or technological - PASS
Detect Concealment 50%/ 1d100: [50] = 50 - Looking for hidden threats - natural, supernatural, or technological - PASS
Wilderness Survival 85%/ 1d100: [54] = 54 - Avoid any natural pitfalls - PASS
Tracking: People 70%/ 1d100: [51] = 51 - If they run across any tracks, she will determine potential threat (who made them) and heading - PASS
Surveillance 75%/ 1d100: [40] = 40 - Look for signs of intelligent or technological surveillance. - PASS
Intelligence 82%/ 1d100: [44] = 44 - Put any information she sees together quickly and relay it to the others - PASS
Land Navigation 46%/ 1d100: [34] = 34 - Find her way - PASS
Sensory Equipment 65%/ 1d100: [42] = 42 - Set to passive to pick up anything; occasionally using thermal imaging to check for hidden predators and threats. - PASS
Prowl 75%/ 1d100: [7] = 7 - To not draw attention to herself - PASS
Activate See the Invisible (4)

Minerva wrote:Minerva watches as Arvid breathes at nothing and gets a response from the wisps. "Fascinating, no?" she says to no one in particular.
She did not have the number of entities Bri or Minerva did, but she was experiencing them as well. The lack of feedback from her danger sense as well as the lack of feedback from her scythe left her bemused, but still not comfortable. "Unnerving, but yes, fascinating. I've seen passive entities before, but rarely helpful ones. But I suspect if the forest saw us as enemies, we'd see a different side of them." Once the way forward becomes impassible to vehicles, she secures her hovercycle for the foot trip, parking it under the feet of the Morning Glory.
Ecks wrote:"This device see: ms to possibly be pre-rifts. Likely military. Perhaps an old installation? It's hard to say. From the looks of it, there are or were several people with watches like these. Mink, if you want to take a look at it, you're more than welcome. Well, anyone is more than welcome. But that's what I take from it."
"Copy that Boss. Hey, show me how it works." She gets a rundown of its functions and quirks a brow at the idea of getting a signal of any sort. Unlike most in North America, Mink is familiar with the technology. The NGR has done top secret work with near orbit exploration and while she was not privy to the results, she does know there shouldn't be anything getting signals from any place. She tries to tune her sensors and computer into receiving the same signal while she waits for the nod to go. After doing her best to sync up with and track the signal, she opens her helmet and puts it to her forehead, letting her psychic investigative skills go to work. She locks her stance, just in case something strange happens. Memories of falling over from psychic phenomena in MadHaven spring to mind as she takes the preventative step. Once done she closes her helmet once more.
Brianna Clarke wrote:Brianna is genuinely surprised when the wisp responds as she had never tried to talk to a spirit before. She tries to think of an intelligent question for a few moments before asking, ”There’s something wrong with the forest, isn’t there? What can we do to help it?” Brianna hopes that in her daze she hasn’t missed the answer already.
Mink's enhanced hearing picks up Bri's request and she wonders what other information the psychic might be able to find. 'Be nice to know what kind of welcome we'll find.'
Ecks wrote:After securing the Morning Glory, he joins the others on foot, with his JA-12 in tow. "Mink and Minerva, you lead in. Arvid, with your... uh... abilities, fit in where you feel you ought to be." Ecks says, still uneasy about the new addition. He hopes the decision proves to be a good one.
Minerva wrote:"Copy that, Mister Ecks. La Professora, shall we?" Minerva heads in, turning on her forearm flashlight if needed to help visibility.
Mink nods and secures the Prowler and slings her rifle and takes the scythe in hand, relying on it to supplement her psionic ability to warn her of danger. "Si, vamos."
Arvid Hammerson wrote:Arvin looks at Ecks and Jack then the others and states, "If it is Ok with you Commander Ecks, I shall be right after those that are in the lead. I will remain on the Turbo, I feel I can back them up quicker and If they need me. but if they attack the back I can get close to others. if needed."
"You'd have to be one hell of a pilot to manage that, close as these trees are. That thing is wide and the trail is not. I'm leaving my bike for the same reason, even if I can actually bring it in walk mode with me. I mean do your thing, but I'd suggest foot is safer, or flying under your own power." She taps the jetpack attached into her armor. "I just wish this were quieter or I'd be doing my recon by air. But hey, we're just mere mortals doing the good work any way we can, right Boss?" The last statement is aimed at Ecks. She knows Ecks' thoughts on the supernatural in general and knows he will appreciate the joke.

She sets off, moving deliberately and cautiously, letting the others know in short radio bursts to move up when she and Minerva have confirmed relative safety.
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image
Current Identity: Mink, Sheet, Gear
User avatar
Arvid Hammerson
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:16 am
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Arvid Hammerson »

((( Rolls Carry Over)))
Arvin listens to Mink's suggestions and responds, "You might be right about not flying the Turbo. I would hate to damage all the trees by running into them. Especially sense the Forest is helping us so much. So Locking it up in the giant Machine will be fine."

Arvin gives up his Turbo. and gets ready to follow the two in the lead.
The BOLT
OOC Comments
Avrid Hammerson
Zapper/Air Warlock

Description: Large,7-foot, handsome, male shoulder length blonde hair. jovial, smiles, (What does he have to fear, and he comes from the ruling class of Asgard) Muscles(Yes, his muscles have muscles and he is not trying to show off) Wears boots up to his knees. Hooded, light tan, surcoat with light blue pipping and, a Bear Skull, hooded Polar Bear Cape. Around his neck is a pendant with a large sapphire. Smiles, friendly, 20-ish looking, real age about 100.

Horror Factor:10 When they realize what they are up against
PPE: 110 -4
MDC: 429
ISP:150
Racial Abilities
See the Invisible
Resistant to toxins, fire, cold (half as effective/damage)
Nightvision (200')
Regeneration: 1D6x5 M.D.C. per minute

Natural Abilities
Perception: 31%
Charm/Impress: 40%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 25%
OOC Comments
Max. Encumbrance: Supernatural P.S.: 100% of Body Weight
Max. Carrying Weight: 2150 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 4300 lbs. above its waist for one minute per P.E. point.
Max. Jumping Ability:
Length 51 feet/Hight 25.5 feet
MDC: 429
Electrified Body Protection: 24 MDC
Armor: 38
User avatar
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:33 am
Location: MARS PC
Contact:

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Drake »

Perception: 1d100: [57] = 57 /55%
Just in Case: 1d20: [20] = 20 ; 1d100: [58] = 58
Conditions:
Basic Combat Awareness: Against One Opponent.
• Negates any bonuses provided by the weapon/machine.
• The Cyber-Knight knows what his opponent is doing the same instant his opponent does it, enabling the knight to react a split second faster: +3 on initiative against attacks from modern guns and machines (bionics, robots, etc.), and +6 against artificial intelligences and computers like Skelebots and automated defense systems. Cyber-Knight is +3 to strike and parry.
• Meanwhile, the Cyber-Knight's gun toting or tech-laden opponent is -3 to dodge the Cyber-Knight's attacks and loses 2 melee attacks/actions due to time spent compensating for the Cyber-Knight's amazing agility, combat skills and awareness.
Cloud Sensors: The Cyber-Knight cannot be accurately detected with Sensors.
• Sensors" are limited to those in Robots, Power Armor, Vehicles with Weapons/Sensor systems.
• Inexperienced (1st-3rd Level) sensor operators cannot use sensors at all, and -2 attacks per melee every time they try to figure out what's going on.
• Experienced operators are uncertain, hesitate, and lose one melee action, with a -40% skill penalty.

NG Road Hog Motorcycle Main Body 115/115
NG-EX10 Gladius Light Exo-Skeleton Battle Armor Main Body 180/180
• [roll]N-F40A Heavy Force Field[/roll] Force Field 110/110
Armored M.D.C. “Tank” Trench Coat Main Body 50/50


Drake starts noticing the Whisps forming. Alright what is this? Drake thinks as he observes them for several long moments. "Two things, first we gotta backtrack if we want to get anywhere else. Second does anyone else see theses... whisps?" Drake revs the engine of his bike and makes to turn around to head back to the main clearing they started from. All the while, Drake keeps an eye on the whisps as the seem to lead in some direction. Alright where do you want me to go. Drake thinks.
"I hear black and I have no mercy." ~Drake, during the black rage. EP
"The sun persists in rising, so I make myself stand." -Katniss Everdeen
"Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves." ~The First Histories of Man.
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 659
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: CAF, UPS and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s/ScytheNP#2513

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Underguard »

Current Conditions wrote:Time/Date and Location: 1235 (12:35AM), Late April, Pacific Northwest, Outpost Hanford
Environmental Conditions: Outside Temp; 12*C (54*F), much cooler, more rainwater is flowing
Brianna's Psionic Multiplier: Supernatural
Ley Line/Nexus Presence: No visible Ley Line, and the former ambient energy of the group felt feels diluted.
Ecks passes the old computer off to Mink and prepares the Hunter for to go into standby while he dismounts and organizes himself and secures the Hunter. Mink takes the device and studies it while everyone else dismounts and gets ready to trek through the forest. Mink is able to determine a few things after studying the device for a few minutes. It is still connected to a cellular tower somewhere south of the group, within five miles and sends a relatively strong so probably closer. Mink closes her eyes and tries to get an impression of the device; whoever owned this device didn't seem to have a lot of joy in them, not evil but methodical, very dead and that it has been used by the supernatural since, but in what way in unclear. Mink receives a brief mental breakthrough during her impression as she feels another sensation, a much eviler one that is still alive but feels far away; she sees a slim silhouette against a bright light that seems to turn and look as though it were looking at Mink, then the image fades. Around the figure appears to be various technological equipment but it is impossible to tell for sure.

With everyone ready to head down the southern passage to try helping the forest, Mink and Minerva take point with Arvin close behind them. Ecks, Jack, Bri and Drake file in and so begins the trek into the darker part of the forest. The tree bark here is much darker and harder, though when it snaps it sounds like a piece of cracking plastic. The roots running underneath the forest not as exposed and where it is exposed, the pulsing light that illuminates most of the forest appears subdued, as if trying to shine through black smog. The wisps also do not follow the crew as they head further in, and within the first twenty paces, anyone not in environmental body armor can feel a drop in temperature enough to make them shiver. The rainwater from above seems to be leaking down from the canopy more freely as well; it's hard to believe these are the same forest as it feels like this part of the forest is dead.

About half a mile into the trek, Mink discovers a pair of tracks made by heavy and probably metal boots that continues down for a hundred meters or so before it vanishes. Looking around at the area, the forest is much darker here, making a stealthy ambush possible to the unprepared. Mink is also starting to notice more signs of predators in the region, claw marks on some trees, old claw and animal teeth. While traveling, Minvera almost takes a dive into a large layer of black mud but Drake is able to quickly react and tumble her fall to the side instead of the mud, though when she tumbles, Minerva's survival knife slips out of its sheath and slides into the mud where Ecks and Mink can see the knife stop as if hitting a solid layer, then start to sink until it vanishes. The crew is able to avoid any mudholes or otherwise as they continue down the way. Mink using the DAGR device they found to try to pinpoint where they are going.

After about an hour, the DAGR brings them within 500 meters of the signal source, though there is no visible structure and no great tree and with no way to see the horizon, dead reckoning was out of the question. The group finds themselves in a clearing about half the size of the first one with no real path leading out, but several directions can be taken going 'off-path'. The ping of the DAGR is too fuzzy to get an exact location with one area being nearly 450m away and everywhere else in the clearing being between 450 and 500m away. There is no visible alcoves and there seems to be nothing made invisible.

What are you doing?

  • Ecks -
  • Brianna -
  • Drake -
  • Mink -
  • Minerva -
  • Vera -
  • Jack -
  • Arvid -
PW: CAF GM || UPS GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Exe (PW GA) |Venenifer (Roughnecks) | Glitch (PW: Rogues) | Sam Animus (PW Void Reaver) || EP Ledger
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
User avatar
Arvid Hammerson
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:16 am
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Arvid Hammerson »

Perception: 41% 1d100: [87] = 87 +25% For Electrical 1d100 1d100: [44] = 44

JIC d20: 1d20 1d20: [16] = 16

JIC: 1d100 1d100: [1] = 1

Conditions:

Racial Abilities
See the invisible
Resistant to toxins, fire, cold (half as effective/damage)
Nightvision (200')
Regeneration: 1D6x5 M.D.C. per minute
OOC Comments
The influence of ley line energy: The duration and range of the Zapper's pyrokinetic and other psychic powers are increased by 50% whenever on or near (within one mile/l .6 km) a ley line. The duration, range, and damage of his powers are doubled when at or near (one mile/l .6 km) a ley line nexus point!

Practitioners of magic, supernatural creatures, and demons can stand on or near a ley line and freely feed on its energy to cast magic as well as enhance their magic. (Increase the range and duration of a spell by 50% when on or within 2 miles/3 .2 km of a ley line.)

(Body armor included), completely impervious to electricity, including magical electrical attacks. Even mega-damage lightning strikes do no damage. Most other energy attacks do only half damage, including lasers, plasma and particle beams; magic energy attacks, other than electrical, do full damage. So do magic melee weapons, explosives and projectiles!
Duration: Constant.

Enhance Reflexes (10) bonuses: + 1 attack per melee, +3 on initiative, + 1 to strike, +2 to parry and dodge, +2 to P.P. (adding further bonuses to strike/parry/dodge if boosted to 16 or higher), and +15% to all Physical skills that rely on coordination or balance.

Electrical Aura & Radiate Electricity: Duration: Two minutes per level of experience. I.S.P. Cost: 5 24 MDC. Renews itself at a rate of 2D6 M.D.C. per melee round

2D6 M.D. can be inflicted with an electrical energy bolt (4D6 M.D. at ley lines and 6D6 M.D. at a nexus) if the Zapper concentrates intensely. This 2D6 M.D. can be added to damage from the Zapper's punches, kicks, or simply by being touched, if he so wills it to happen! lasts only one melee round per level of experience. Each M.D. electric attack (bolt, punch, kick, head butt, etc.) counts as one melee action/attack. Maximum range of the energy bolt is 30 feet (9m) per level of experience; triple at a ley line and quadruple at a nexus point.

Note: Additional cost of 8 I.S.P.,

W.P. Sword - +2 to strike +1 to parry

Number of Attacks: 7
Initiative Bonus: +9
Strike Bonus: +10
Parry Bonus: +15
Dodge Bonus: +14
P.P.E.: 110
I.S.P.: 150 110 --17

M.D.C.: 429 MDC, Armor 38, Electric Field 24 fully renewed

Arvin walks behind Mink and Minerva as they take point. He notices how dark this area is compared to the others. It is like all left is being drained form this forest. The earth is not life giving, it is Mud, like black blood. I hope we can save the Spirits here.

As they proceed further Arvin notices the claw marks in the trees and left-over claws and teeth. Of course, the mud puddles, Arvin avoids them like the a one eyed female ogre in the bar. Don’t need to visit what is under there.

When the group halts and he finds out that the DAGR indicates the signal is close to them. Arvin tries to sense electronics again.

Arvin speaks to the group, “I do not Detect any Invisible objects. That does not mean that there are none, especially if they are underneath this area.”
Arvin renews: Enhance Reflexes (10) 9 min, Electrical Aura & Radiate Electricity (5) 9 min,:15 ISP
Arvin Cast: Walk the Wind 10, 90 Melees Speed 18

Arvin floats 2 feet above the ground and moves around then ask, "Where should we go?"
The BOLT
OOC Comments
Avrid Hammerson
Zapper/Air Warlock

Description: Large,7-foot, handsome, male shoulder length blonde hair. jovial, smiles, (What does he have to fear, and he comes from the ruling class of Asgard) Muscles(Yes, his muscles have muscles and he is not trying to show off) Wears boots up to his knees. Hooded, light tan, surcoat with light blue pipping and, a Bear Skull, hooded Polar Bear Cape. Around his neck is a pendant with a large sapphire. Smiles, friendly, 20-ish looking, real age about 100.

Horror Factor:10 When they realize what they are up against
PPE: 110 -4
MDC: 429
ISP:150
Racial Abilities
See the Invisible
Resistant to toxins, fire, cold (half as effective/damage)
Nightvision (200')
Regeneration: 1D6x5 M.D.C. per minute

Natural Abilities
Perception: 31%
Charm/Impress: 40%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 25%
OOC Comments
Max. Encumbrance: Supernatural P.S.: 100% of Body Weight
Max. Carrying Weight: 2150 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 4300 lbs. above its waist for one minute per P.E. point.
Max. Jumping Ability:
Length 51 feet/Hight 25.5 feet
MDC: 429
Electrified Body Protection: 24 MDC
Armor: 38
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm
Contact:

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Minerva »

Perception: 1d100: [78] = 78 /59%
JIC: 1d20: [3] = 3 / 1d100: [63] = 63

Minerva does a roll to regain her upright pose (Sense of Balance: 1d100: [16] = 16 /106%) and pats herself down to see if she lost anything. It’s only too late that she sees her knife laying on the mud and then sinking into the nothing. Mierda. She lets out a small sigh and continues through the dark forest. "I can see the forest is sick. This is very unlike where we came from." In the clearing, she looks around, confused as to their next steps. "Many paths but only one will hold what we seek." She turns to Mink and asks "What does your machine tell you?"
Grace Minerva
Ledger
  • I.S.P.: 390
  • H.P.: 109
  • S.D.C.: 177
  • M.D.C.: 286 (during Supernatural Transformation)
Image
Image
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
Posts: 921
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC
Contact:

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Ecks »

Perception: 1d100: [13] = 13 /85%
JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19 / 1d100: [71] = 71

Ecks sees the clearing ahead of them and references the fuzzy signal. Frowning he asks the group at large, "Anyone able to sense anything that might be below ground? Alternatively, did anyone bring a shovel or perhaps a large spoon?" Ecks says, looking at the ground carefully.

Turning to Drake, Ecks says "Do you think there could be anti personnel mines or similar in this area?"

This clearing doesn't sit comfortably with him. But maybe it's just a clearing?"

"Say, Jack, If I just walk out, what's the worst that could happen? I mean a worse thing other than spontaneously breaking into song and a meticulous dance routine... again. That's always a present danger no matter where we go." he says plainly.

"Brianna, you sense anything?"

Assuming no one has any objections, he will ask Minerva and Arvid to fly cautiously around the clearing, taking all precaution. IF everything appears to be clear, Ecks will try tossing a few heavier rocks out into the clearing. IF everything looks clear, he will proceed across with whoever comes with him.
Ecks
Medals
Image
H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:33 am
Location: MARS PC
Contact:

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Drake »

Perception: 1d100: [62] = 62 /55%
Just in Case: 1d20: [11] = 11 ; 1d100: [71] = 71
Conditions:
Basic Combat Awareness: Against One Opponent.
• Negates any bonuses provided by the weapon/machine.
• The Cyber-Knight knows what his opponent is doing the same instant his opponent does it, enabling the knight to react a split second faster: +3 on initiative against attacks from modern guns and machines (bionics, robots, etc.), and +6 against artificial intelligences and computers like Skelebots and automated defense systems. Cyber-Knight is +3 to strike and parry.
• Meanwhile, the Cyber-Knight's gun toting or tech-laden opponent is -3 to dodge the Cyber-Knight's attacks and loses 2 melee attacks/actions due to time spent compensating for the Cyber-Knight's amazing agility, combat skills and awareness.
Cloud Sensors: The Cyber-Knight cannot be accurately detected with Sensors.
• Sensors" are limited to those in Robots, Power Armor, Vehicles with Weapons/Sensor systems.
• Inexperienced (1st-3rd Level) sensor operators cannot use sensors at all, and -2 attacks per melee every time they try to figure out what's going on.
• Experienced operators are uncertain, hesitate, and lose one melee action, with a -40% skill penalty.

NG Road Hog Motorcycle Main Body 115/115
NG-EX10 Gladius Light Exo-Skeleton Battle Armor Main Body 180/180
N-F40A Heavy Force Field Force Field 110/110
Armored M.D.C. “Tank” Trench Coat Main Body 50/50


Drake pulls his bike to the side, parking it on the edge of the clearing. Dismounting, Drake steps off and moves back to stand with the group.
Ecks wrote:"Anyone able to sense anything that might be below ground? Alternatively, did anyone bring a shovel or perhaps a large spoon?.. Do you think there could be anti personnel mines or similar in this area?"
Drake shrugs. "It's possible something is underground, but no I don't have a shovel. As for mines... Possible again, but given how long ago they would have been placed I wouldn't even consider them an issue. Not really my area of expertise though." Drake says as he begins to look about. Drake not being too worried about ancient booby-traps begins a slow walk around looking for the mysterious machine.
"I hear black and I have no mercy." ~Drake, during the black rage. EP
"The sun persists in rising, so I make myself stand." -Katniss Everdeen
"Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves." ~The First Histories of Man.
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 454
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Brianna Clarke »

Perception: 1d100: [2] = 2 (91%)
JIC: 1d20: [8] = 8 , 1d100: [72] = 72

Presence Sense: 4 ISP, Duration: 20 minutes

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: 34/38 (Enhanced)
Mesi’s PPE: 90/90 PPE Remaining

Brianna is a little disappointed but not surprised when she doesn’t get an answer from the wisp. It was probably her own fault for taking too long to ask the question in the first place. Too slow, Bri. Brianna admonishes herself silently.
"Brianna, you sense anything?"
Brianna shakes her head at Ecks. ”Not at the moment. But if I do, I’ll let everyone know right away.” Brianna then activates her presence sense ability to try to sense if there are any supernatural or other monsters nearby they would want to be warned about ahead of time.
Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor. Helmet: 50/50, Main Body: 90/90, Arms: 40/40 each, Legs: 50/50 each with N-F20A Medium Force Field (75 MDC) -35/75 FF Activated

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 659
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: CAF, UPS and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s/ScytheNP#2513

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Underguard »

Current Conditions wrote:Time/Date and Location: 1250 (12:50PM), Late April, Pacific Northwest, Outpost Hanford
Environmental Conditions: Outside Temp; 12*C (54*F), much cooler, more rainwater is flowing
Brianna's Psionic Multiplier: Supernatural
Ley Line/Nexus Presence: No visible Ley Line, and the former ambient energy of the group felt feels diluted.
The crew spends a fair amount of time in the clearing, searching for something within the range of the signal. Everyone starts spreading out and checking around the off paths, no one feels any immediate danger in the area but the cool temperature, sound of rain water and relative lack of light that the rest of the forest has gives everyone a spooky vibe. The canopy above them in the clearing is just as thick as the rest of the forest, though the sound of rain is strong. Bri and Ecks can both spot what appears to be webbing in the branches of the canopy as well.

Jack, Mink, Arvid and Vera stay in the center of the alcove, near the center and search the area together while the others search further out. The DAGR doesn't give Mink any information beyond the proximity to the signal source and a call roster; there might be other menus, but the device seems intentionally limited. Arvid notes that when he stands near the center of the clearing, he can sense a slight electrical current but not a device and not something he can manipulate. If he goes anywhere else in the clearing, the sense vanishes. Ecks and Drake take to one side while Minerva and Bri take to the other. Ecks and Drake are able to find another set of armored footprints. The operator recognizes the weight of the print implies it was a heavy suit of armor, probably a power armor or robot. Drake recognizes that there are two identical sets which are only different by a couple centimeters, which could mean a two people in armor, one a little shorter, different strides or speeds; both prints were carried by military bearing. The tracks seem to circle the clearing and vanish near where Bri and Minerva are searching.

Bri and Minerva peel off in the other direction, with Minerva watching her step as she goes to avoid the now many little mud holes while following Bri. While searching, something catches Bri's eye while walking past a pair of trees. Some sort of optical illusion combined with a blind that hides a concrete dome, roughly 10x10ft, with a locked iron door. The door likely leads to a ladder or something that descends down.

What are you doing?

  • Ecks -
  • Brianna -
  • Drake -
  • Mink -
  • Minerva -
  • Vera -
  • Jack -
  • Arvid -
PW: CAF GM || UPS GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Exe (PW GA) |Venenifer (Roughnecks) | Glitch (PW: Rogues) | Sam Animus (PW Void Reaver) || EP Ledger
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
User avatar
Jack O'Connell
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu May 13, 2021 8:36 am

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Jack O'Connell »

Perception: 15% / 1d100: [4] = 4
JIC: 1d20: [18] = 18 1d100: [41] = 41
Conditions: Multi-Optic Eye, Universal Headjack and Ear Implant (Basic), Amplified Hearing, Sound Filtration System


Feeling a little out of depth with his lack of ability to detect the supernatural, Jack decides to stick to what he knows best, getting the lay of the land and trying to find trouble before it finds the rest of the group. He walks slightly ahead of the rest of his group, keeping an eye out for any physical signs of hostiles or anything out of the ordinary. Tapping on his temple, he switches his multi-optic eye to thermal imaging and takes in his surroundings.

Jack places his index finger on his right ear lobe, activing the transmitter embedded in his ear. "I'm switchin' to thermals. Gonna see if there's anythin' else out of the ordinary."

The mercenary cradles his laser rifle and walks around the perimeter of the alcove.

"Make sure y'all holler if any big demons come runnin' out of the woods."

We're in the big leagues now, huh Jack? Let's try not to screw it up.
HP: 27/27
SDC: 27/27

NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor. Helmet: 40/40, Arms: 20/20 each, Legs: 30/30 each, Main Body: 80/80




Link to Ledger

Jack O'Connell - Special Forces Soldier
User avatar
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:33 am
Location: MARS PC
Contact:

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Drake »

Perception: 1d100: [97] = 97 /55%
Just in Case: 1d20: [20] = 20 ; 1d100: [72] = 72
Conditions:
Basic Combat Awareness: Against One Opponent.
• Negates any bonuses provided by the weapon/machine.
• The Cyber-Knight knows what his opponent is doing the same instant his opponent does it, enabling the knight to react a split second faster: +3 on initiative against attacks from modern guns and machines (bionics, robots, etc.), and +6 against artificial intelligences and computers like Skelebots and automated defense systems. Cyber-Knight is +3 to strike and parry.
• Meanwhile, the Cyber-Knight's gun toting or tech-laden opponent is -3 to dodge the Cyber-Knight's attacks and loses 2 melee attacks/actions due to time spent compensating for the Cyber-Knight's amazing agility, combat skills and awareness.
Cloud Sensors: The Cyber-Knight cannot be accurately detected with Sensors.
• Sensors" are limited to those in Robots, Power Armor, Vehicles with Weapons/Sensor systems.
• Inexperienced (1st-3rd Level) sensor operators cannot use sensors at all, and -2 attacks per melee every time they try to figure out what's going on.
• Experienced operators are uncertain, hesitate, and lose one melee action, with a -40% skill penalty.

NG Road Hog Motorcycle Main Body 115/115
NG-EX10 Gladius Light Exo-Skeleton Battle Armor Main Body 180/180
• [roll]N-F40A Heavy Force Field[/roll] Force Field 110/110
Armored M.D.C. “Tank” Trench Coat Main Body 50/50


Drake makes a noise, but it's likely hard to hear from his helmet. "So I got prints from two folk. I'm guessing they fresh'ish... as I doubt prints would last too particularly long in this environment." Drake says over the group channel, before standing up and looking around further, before walking the path of the prints to Minerva and Brianna. "Oh that's clever." Drake says in response to their discovery.
"I hear black and I have no mercy." ~Drake, during the black rage. EP
"The sun persists in rising, so I make myself stand." -Katniss Everdeen
"Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves." ~The First Histories of Man.
User avatar
Arvid Hammerson
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:16 am
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Arvid Hammerson »

Perception: 41% +25% 1d100: [24] = 24 For Electrical 1d100 1d100: [77] = 77

JIC d20: 1d20 1d20: [4] = 4

JIC: 1d100 1d100: [76] = 76

Conditions:
OOC Comments
Racial Abilities
See the invisible
Resistant to toxins, fire, cold (half as effective/damage)
Nightvision (200')
Regeneration: 1D6x5 M.D.C. per minute

The influence of ley line energy: The duration and range of the Zapper's pyrokinetic and other psychic powers are increased by 50% whenever on or near (within one mile/l .6 km) a ley line. The duration, range, and damage of his powers are doubled when at or near (one mile/l .6 km) a ley line nexus point!

Practitioners of magic, supernatural creatures, and demons can stand on or near a ley line and freely feed on its energy to cast magic as well as enhance their magic. (Increase the range and duration of a spell by 50% when on or within 2 miles/3 .2 km of a ley line.)

(Body armor included), completely impervious to electricity, including magical electrical attacks. Even mega-damage lightning strikes do no damage. Most other energy attacks do only half damage, including lasers, plasma and particle beams; magic energy attacks, other than electrical, do full damage. So do magic melee weapons, explosives and projectiles!
Duration: Constant.

Enhance Reflexes (10) bonuses: + 1 attack per melee, +3 on initiative, + 1 to strike, +2 to parry and dodge, +2 to P.P. (adding further bonuses to strike/parry/dodge if boosted to 16 or higher), and +15% to all Physical skills that rely on coordination or balance.

Electrical Aura & Radiate Electricity: Duration: Two minutes per level of experience. I.S.P. Cost: 5 24 MDC. Renews itself at a rate of 2D6 M.D.C. per melee round

2D6 M.D. can be inflicted with an electrical energy bolt (4D6 M.D. at ley lines and 6D6 M.D. at a nexus) if the Zapper concentrates intensely. This 2D6 M.D. can be added to damage from the Zapper's punches, kicks, or simply by being touched, if he so wills it to happen! lasts only one melee round per level of experience. Each M.D. electric attack (bolt, punch, kick, head butt, etc.) counts as one melee action/attack. Maximum range of the energy bolt is 30 feet (9m) per level of experience; triple at a ley line and quadruple at a nexus point.

Note: Additional cost of 8 I.S.P.,

W.P. Sword - +2 to strike +1 to parry

Number of Attacks: 7
Initiative Bonus: +9
Strike Bonus: +10
Parry Bonus: +15
Dodge Bonus: +14
P.P.E.: 110
I.S.P.: 150 127 -2

M.D.C.: 429 MDC, Armor 38, Electric Field 24 fully renewed

Hovering above the ground Arvin looks for Tracks.

Track & Trap Animals 45%/50% 1d100: [27] = 27

if found he mentions it to the others

“Commander Ecks. I am Not noticing in this field except this Mud. If you wish I can try a spell that might blow some of this away?”

(Snow Blower with Wind Rush)

Wind Rush
OOC Comments
(60 mph) Range: 1 20 feet (36.6 m). Duration: One melee round (15 seconds). Saving Throw: A roll of 18 to 20 means the character is able to keep his balance and hold on to his belongings, but cannot attack or move forward. A failed roll means the character is blown off his feet, sent tumbling 2D6xl0 yards/meters and drops/loses I D6 belongings. P.P.E.: Ten This spell creates a short, powerful wind gust at 60 mph (96 km) that is capable of knocking people down, knocking riders off their mounts, blowing small objects about 1 00 feet (30.5 m) away, or creating dust storms. The wind can be directed by the Warlock at one specific target or a general sweep (maximum wind width 20 feet/6 m). Any character caught by the wind blast is helpless and unable to attack or move forward. It takes an additional melee round to recover, and 1 -8 to gather up all the items blown away.
The BOLT
OOC Comments
Avrid Hammerson
Zapper/Air Warlock

Description: Large,7-foot, handsome, male shoulder length blonde hair. jovial, smiles, (What does he have to fear, and he comes from the ruling class of Asgard) Muscles(Yes, his muscles have muscles and he is not trying to show off) Wears boots up to his knees. Hooded, light tan, surcoat with light blue pipping and, a Bear Skull, hooded Polar Bear Cape. Around his neck is a pendant with a large sapphire. Smiles, friendly, 20-ish looking, real age about 100.

Horror Factor:10 When they realize what they are up against
PPE: 110 -4
MDC: 429
ISP:150
Racial Abilities
See the Invisible
Resistant to toxins, fire, cold (half as effective/damage)
Nightvision (200')
Regeneration: 1D6x5 M.D.C. per minute

Natural Abilities
Perception: 31%
Charm/Impress: 40%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 25%
OOC Comments
Max. Encumbrance: Supernatural P.S.: 100% of Body Weight
Max. Carrying Weight: 2150 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 4300 lbs. above its waist for one minute per P.E. point.
Max. Jumping Ability:
Length 51 feet/Hight 25.5 feet
MDC: 429
Electrified Body Protection: 24 MDC
Armor: 38
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm
Contact:

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Minerva »

Perception: 1d100: [63] = 63 /59%
JIC: 1d20: [16] = 16 / 1d100: [72] = 72

"Ugh... why is there... so much...mud!" Minerva hops, skips and jumps over the various mud puddles of unperceivable depth. "Brianna, I do believe we will have to blame Jack for this when we meet up again, no?
That man is so quiet.
. We must...liven him up, they say."


When Brianna points out her find, Minerva hits her radio. "This is Minerva to UPS. We have found something muy importante in our path. Please join us."

When the team gathers, Minerva will attempt to take the locked door out by slicing it open with her Wilk's Laser Sword.
Grace Minerva
Ledger
  • I.S.P.: 390
  • H.P.: 109
  • S.D.C.: 177
  • M.D.C.: 286 (during Supernatural Transformation)
Image
Image
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
Posts: 921
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC
Contact:

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Ecks »

Perception [roll]1d100[/roll]/85%
JIC:[roll]1d20[/roll]/[roll]1d100[/roll]

Ecks hears Minerva's radio call and says to Drake, "Well guess we best get over there. Nothing like us all getting together in the same blast zone." he says with a grim humor to his voice.

Arriving on the scene he listens to Minerva and Bri examining the dome and the door. Quietly he says. "let me listen for a moment." Ecks approaches the door and listens, using the amplified hearing of his hear pieces to see if there are any noises being transmitted through the door.
Ecks
Medals
Image
H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 454
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Brianna Clarke »

Perception: 1d100: [93] = 93 (91%)
JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2 , 1d100: [61] = 61

Spanish 1d100: [11] = 11 (69%)
Pick Locks 1d100: [22] = 22 (93%)

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: 34/38 (Enhanced)
Mesi’s PPE: 90/90 PPE Remaining
"Brianna, I do believe we will have to blame Jack for this when we meet up again, no? . We must...liven him up, they say."
Brianna grins at Minerva and nods as they both do their best to avoid the mud puddles. When Minerva speaks Spanish, Brianna attempts to remember what she learned from her high school Spanish class. She nods and tries to reply in Spanish, ”Agreed. He barely says two words.”

Brianna blinks in surprise when she realizes that there is an optical illusion hiding a concrete dome. She immediately points it out to Minerva and lets the rest of the team know about her discovery. She examines the locked door, wondering if it’d be possible to pick the lock to open the door.
Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor. Helmet: 50/50, Main Body: 90/90, Arms: 40/40 each, Legs: 50/50 each with N-F20A Medium Force Field (75 MDC) -35/75 FF Activated

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Jack O'Connell
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu May 13, 2021 8:36 am

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Jack O'Connell »

Perception: 15% / 1d100: [8] = 8
JIC: 1d20: [8] = 8 1d100: [47] = 47
Conditions: Multi-Optic Eye, Universal Headjack and Ear Implant (Basic), Amplified Hearing, Sound Filtration System

Jack is busy scanning the treeline when the message comes across his comms. He spares one last glance at the trees before jogging over to where the rest of the team is gathering. He joins the gathering and lets the stock of his gun rest on the ground, holding the barrel like a walking stick and using it to support a bit of his weight. He leans forward a bit to get a look at the door.

"Well saddle me up and call me a buckin' bronco! Whaddya'll think might be inside?"
HP: 27/27
SDC: 27/27

NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor. Helmet: 40/40, Arms: 20/20 each, Legs: 30/30 each, Main Body: 80/80




Link to Ledger

Jack O'Connell - Special Forces Soldier
User avatar
Arvid Hammerson
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:16 am
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Arvid Hammerson »

(((Rolls Carry Over)))
Arvin hovering in the Air just above ground heads over with the group he is with. The Wind Rush would have been a great thing to see with all that mud being flung about but I guess it is for the better that they found a way in.

Once over to the dome he tries again to look of some electronics that might help them. Sense Electricity no precent required because Zapper Power:
OOC Comments
The psychic can sense or feel electricity and pinpoint its exact location as well as the approximate amount of electricity at the source (tiny, small, big). Range: 1 00 feet (30.5 m) +10 feet (3 m) per level of experience.
Duration: Two minutes of extreme sensitivity so he can pinpoint every source of electricity in the area.
I.S.P. Cost: Two
He tells the group of his attempts, "I tried to Sense Electricity and have notice .........."
with success he can use Electrokinesis to open the lock electronically.

When Ecks talks about opening the door he holds back on his way of picking a lock, ripping it apart. He speaks after anyone else's attempt, "If you wish I could try ripping the door open, but it might trigger other traps and and give those down below a warning. Maybe a simple Knock? Then please open up we don't want to damage your beautiful door."

Arvin also likes to listen to the ladies speak Spanish. He hasn't told them that he understands it yet. Boy I could get in trouble for this.
The BOLT
OOC Comments
Avrid Hammerson
Zapper/Air Warlock

Description: Large,7-foot, handsome, male shoulder length blonde hair. jovial, smiles, (What does he have to fear, and he comes from the ruling class of Asgard) Muscles(Yes, his muscles have muscles and he is not trying to show off) Wears boots up to his knees. Hooded, light tan, surcoat with light blue pipping and, a Bear Skull, hooded Polar Bear Cape. Around his neck is a pendant with a large sapphire. Smiles, friendly, 20-ish looking, real age about 100.

Horror Factor:10 When they realize what they are up against
PPE: 110 -4
MDC: 429
ISP:150
Racial Abilities
See the Invisible
Resistant to toxins, fire, cold (half as effective/damage)
Nightvision (200')
Regeneration: 1D6x5 M.D.C. per minute

Natural Abilities
Perception: 31%
Charm/Impress: 40%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 25%
OOC Comments
Max. Encumbrance: Supernatural P.S.: 100% of Body Weight
Max. Carrying Weight: 2150 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 4300 lbs. above its waist for one minute per P.E. point.
Max. Jumping Ability:
Length 51 feet/Hight 25.5 feet
MDC: 429
Electrified Body Protection: 24 MDC
Armor: 38
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 659
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: CAF, UPS and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s/ScytheNP#2513

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Underguard »

Current Conditions wrote:Time/Date and Location: 1300 (1:00PM), Late April, Pacific Northwest, Outpost Hanford
Environmental Conditions: Outside Temp; 12*C (54*F), much cooler, more rainwater is flowing
Brianna's Psionic Multiplier: Supernatural
Ley Line/Nexus Presence: No visible Ley Line, and the former ambient energy of the group felt feels diluted.
Combat Round: 1
Minerva and Bri summon all of the UPS members to their location, with some members trailing to keep scanning while others investigate. Ecks approaches first in an attempt to hear through the thick concrete and heavy metal and finds that if he hits it with his weapon, he doesn't even hear an echo from inside. Bri inspects its locking mechanism and finds it isn't something she can pick; there is a large internal tumbler mechanism that is countered by a sort of combat lock on the inside. Drake admires the camouflaged blind as Minerva moves in with her laser sword to attempt cutting through the lock. Bri can help guide Minerva on the best areas to cut, but the metal is still dense. Minerva finds the laser sword to be cutting through it, but slowly. It will take her a few minutes to cut through the door (Minerva: roll 1d4+1 for minutes if you wish to continue). Although, As Minerva begins this action, she feels the goosebumps of her danger sense as Bri and Mink get the feeling as well.

While the others are investigating the door, Jack is taking his time approaching and instead scanning with his varied optics, the soldier switches to his thermals and continues his scans. The rainwater and relative area being much colder than the other part of the forest made identifying some questionable heat signatures in the forests canopy. Jack counts easily a dozen groupings spread among different trees with each grouping blurring multiple heat signatures together. Only a few of the groupings are within danger close to the the group. Jack feels his stomach churn as he surpasses an internal fear and holds his bearing. Jack sees that most of the groupings are mostly still, except the group above Bri and Minerva and the others.

[A Spider's Nest is stirring in the trees above; 7 signatures. You have a free round on them, they are within 45 feet and above you. Ecks, Arvid, and Bri must save vs HF 13 to not lose an action]

How many legs does a nest have?

  • Ecks -
  • Brianna -
  • Drake -
  • Mink -
  • Minerva -
  • Vera -
  • Jack -
  • Arvid -
PW: CAF GM || UPS GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Exe (PW GA) |Venenifer (Roughnecks) | Glitch (PW: Rogues) | Sam Animus (PW Void Reaver) || EP Ledger
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
User avatar
Arvid Hammerson
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:16 am
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Arvid Hammerson »

Spiders Saving Throw
1d20+14 1d20+14: [15]+14 = 29


Perception: 41% 1d100: [61] = 61 +25% For Electrical 1d100 1d100: [65] = 65 1d100[/roll]

JIC d20: 1d20 1d20: [10] = 10

JIC: 1d100 1d100: [33] = 33
INIT: 1d20+9 1d20+9: [15]+9 = 24

Conditions:
Racial Abilities
See the invisible
Resistant to toxins, fire, cold (half as effective/damage)
Nightvision (200')
Regeneration: 1D6x5 M.D.C. per minute
OOC Comments
The influence of ley line energy: The duration and range of the Zapper's pyrokinetic and other psychic powers are increased by 50% whenever on or near (within one mile/l .6 km) a ley line. The duration, range, and damage of his powers are doubled when at or near (one mile/l .6 km) a ley line nexus point!

Practitioners of magic, supernatural creatures, and demons can stand on or near a ley line and freely feed on its energy to cast magic as well as enhance their magic. (Increase the range and duration of a spell by 50% when on or within 2 miles/3 .2 km of a ley line.)

(Body armor included), completely impervious to electricity, including magical electrical attacks. Even mega-damage lightning strikes do no damage. Most other energy attacks do only half damage, including lasers, plasma and particle beams; magic energy attacks, other than electrical, do full damage. So do magic melee weapons, explosives and projectiles!
Duration: Constant.

Enhance Reflexes (10) bonuses: + 1 attack per melee, +3 on initiative, + 1 to strike, +2 to parry and dodge, +2 to P.P. (adding further bonuses to strike/parry/dodge if boosted to 16 or higher), and +15% to all Physical skills that rely on coordination or balance.

Electrical Aura & Radiate Electricity: Duration: Two minutes per level of experience. I.S.P. Cost: 5 24 MDC. Renews itself at a rate of 2D6 M.D.C. per melee round

2D6 M.D. can be inflicted with an electrical energy bolt (4D6 M.D. at ley lines and 6D6 M.D. at a nexus) if the Zapper concentrates intensely. This 2D6 M.D. can be added to damage from the Zapper's punches, kicks, or simply by being touched, if he so wills it to happen! lasts only one melee round per level of experience. Each M.D. electric attack (bolt, punch, kick, head butt, etc.) counts as one melee action/attack. Maximum range of the energy bolt is 30 feet (9m) per level of experience; triple at a ley line and quadruple at a nexus point.

Note: Additional cost of 8 I.S.P.,

W.P. Sword - +2 to strike +1 to parry
P.P.E.: 110
I.S.P.: 150 127 -2

M.D.C.: 429 MDC, Armor 38, Electric Field 24 fully renewed

Arvid looks up at the spiders and gives a call out to the others, “We got spiders in the trees above us.”

Number of Attacks: 7
Initiative Bonus: +9
Strike Bonus: +10
Parry Bonus: +15
Dodge Bonus: +14

Action 1

Cast: Cloud of Slumber, at a large moving mass in range trying to catch as many of the Spiders as possible.
OOC Comments
Range: 90 feet (27.4 m). Duration: Four melees per level of the Warlock.(12) Saving Throw: Standard. P.P.E.: Four This spell creates a 20 x 20 x 20 foot (6 m) cloud which magically induces sleep instantly on all who pass through it. Those who fail to make a successful save vs magic will sleep until the cloud dissipates. They cannot be roused, unless dragged from the cloud, in which case they will wake in I D4 melee rounds ( 1 5-60 seconds).
Action 2

Pull Vibro sword and knife

Action 3

Cast Frostblade on Knife
OOC Comments
This spell transforms an ordinary (S.D.C.) sword or knife, or metal rod or strip into an icy, four-foot sword that glows with a pale white, misty energy. After creating it, the spell caster can give the sword to someone else if he so desires. The weapon can be used in much the same manner as any sword, but can parry energy blasts (however, with no special bonuses). The Frostblade inflicts Mega-Damage through a combination of magical force and numbing cold, so fire creatures take 6D6 M.D., unless their description says they take double damage from cold (in that case, 8D6 M.D.). The weapon will not be damaged by parrying attacks but returns to normal when the spell duration elapses. Yes, this weapon can be used in combination with the Ricochet spell.
Action 4

Enhance Reflexes (10) re applied
OOC Comments
Enhance Reflexes (10) bonuses: + 1 attack per melee, +3 on initiative, + 1 to strike, +2 to parry and dodge, +2 to P.P. (adding further bonuses to strike/parry/dodge if boosted to 16 or higher), and +15% to all Physical skills that rely on coordination or balance.
Action 5

Brings up Electrical Aura & Radiate Electricity: applies to strikes Damage.

Action 6

Right hand Vibro Strike: 1d20+10 1d20+10: [19]+10 = 29

Damage: 10d6 10d6: [3, 4, 1, 1, 5, 6, 5, 1, 3, 3] = 32

Left hand Frost Blade Strike: 1d20+10 1d20+10: [10]+10 = 20
Damage: 10d6: [5, 6, 2, 1, 1, 2, 4, 3, 3, 6] = 33
Action 7

Right hand Vibro Strike: 1d20+10 1d20+10: [5]+10 = 15

Damage: 10d6 10d6: [4, 1, 6, 2, 3, 2, 1, 3, 4, 3] = 29

Left hand Frost Blade Strike: 1d20+10 1d20+10: [7]+10 = 17
Damage: 10d6: [2, 1, 6, 1, 3, 5, 2, 3, 3, 1] = 27



Parry: 1d20+15
1d20+15: [14]+15 = 29 , 1d20+15: [16]+15 = 31 , 1d20+15: [11]+15 = 26 , 1d20+15: [17]+15 = 32 , 1d20+15: [3]+15 = 18 , 1d20+15: [8]+15 = 23 1d20+15: [4]+15 = 19
Last edited by Arvid Hammerson on Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
The BOLT
OOC Comments
Avrid Hammerson
Zapper/Air Warlock

Description: Large,7-foot, handsome, male shoulder length blonde hair. jovial, smiles, (What does he have to fear, and he comes from the ruling class of Asgard) Muscles(Yes, his muscles have muscles and he is not trying to show off) Wears boots up to his knees. Hooded, light tan, surcoat with light blue pipping and, a Bear Skull, hooded Polar Bear Cape. Around his neck is a pendant with a large sapphire. Smiles, friendly, 20-ish looking, real age about 100.

Horror Factor:10 When they realize what they are up against
PPE: 110 -4
MDC: 429
ISP:150
Racial Abilities
See the Invisible
Resistant to toxins, fire, cold (half as effective/damage)
Nightvision (200')
Regeneration: 1D6x5 M.D.C. per minute

Natural Abilities
Perception: 31%
Charm/Impress: 40%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 25%
OOC Comments
Max. Encumbrance: Supernatural P.S.: 100% of Body Weight
Max. Carrying Weight: 2150 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 4300 lbs. above its waist for one minute per P.E. point.
Max. Jumping Ability:
Length 51 feet/Hight 25.5 feet
MDC: 429
Electrified Body Protection: 24 MDC
Armor: 38
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm
Contact:

Re: UPS: The Mysteries of the Pacific Northwest

Post by Minerva »

Perception: 1d100: [15] = 15 /59%
JIC: 1d20: [14] = 14 / 1d100: [75] = 75

"It is very...secure, no?" Minerva says to Bri as she cuts while the other guides. When the hairs stand up on the back of her neck, she turns and looks around. Seeing the spider's nest, she hears Arvid call them out to the group.
Keen senses. He's an odd one, but useful.


Minerva activates her forcefield and says "Keep them off of me, por favor." She goes to work slicing into the advanced lock for 1d4+1: [2]+1 = 3 minutes.
Grace Minerva
Ledger
  • I.S.P.: 390
  • H.P.: 109
  • S.D.C.: 177
  • M.D.C.: 286 (during Supernatural Transformation)
Image
Image
Post Reply

Return to “UPS Adventure Forum”