I would like my AGM, Dime Store Magic, to evaluate players holistically. Ultimately my hope is for the XP awards each quad to reflect an overall appraisal of effort.
How to meet my expectations:
- Include as many of these in your posts as you can:
- Introspection (the character's internal monologue/thoughts)
- The character's dialogue with other PCs/NPCs
- Humor (something that makes me or DSM chuckle)
- Good playing in character (especially if doing so under challenging circumstances)
- Good (creative) problem solving
- Vivid and well-written descriptions
- Provide info that is both helpful and relevant to the GM (magic/psionic/super, etc descriptions, page numbers for complicated rules, and the like)
- Include as many of the above elements as you comfortably can in every post
- Evoking an emotional response from the GM other than anger
Players are also invited to use this thread to post OOC feedback. How's your GM doing? What would you like to see in your adventures?
- DSM Note 2019-10-04: At least two of the elements need to be included in a post to be considered to expectations. Having four or more will exceed expectations. If an emotional response is evoked, it doesn't matter how many of the other elements are included, it's automatically considered to exceed expectations.
- DSM Note 2021-07-02: Add an additional element that can be earned to meet expectations