[GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Dimensional Nexus of the Megaverse

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Kesslan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 538
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:51 pm
Location: Phase World: Rogues
Contact:

Re: [GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Post by Kesslan »

Perception: 113% 1d100 = 74: 74
JIC: 1d100 = 2: 2 1d20 = 1: 1

When the time comes for the team to set out for their mission, Kesslan ensures to properly stow his equipment and munitions onboard before selecting his mission specific kit in some empty space in one of the cargo bays. Notably he'll have a mat spread out where he's sorting out his equipment all neatly lined up as he goes through a sizeable mental checklist of things to take with him. Thus, for at least a good part of the trip he'll be easily found down in the cargo bay in question by anyone interested in speaking with him. Once all that was finished, Kesslan spends time familiarizing himself with the ship's layout. When he comes across the broken Auto-Doc, the Pantheran will give some pause.

Well, haven't had to fix one of these before....not sure if I can but let's take a look see....

And thus he will begin to examine the Auto-Doc to try and see what parts are actually required.

Kesslan only has basic skills to try and diagnose the problem:
Basic Mechanics 109% 1d100 = 31: 31
Electronics Basic 84% 1d100 = 64: 64

Possibly semi relatable skil l:
Field Armourer 99% 1d100 = 54: 54

Assessing to see if he might be able to fabricate makeshift parts in the machine shop to get it up and running on a temporary basis if needed:
Jury-Rig 119% 1d100 = 62: 62
Kesslan's Character Sheet
HP: 79 SDC: 157
MDC Skull: 22

Constant Effects:
Autododge +5, Mildly Radioactive, Can see Ultra-Violet spectrum of light, Takes 1/2 Damage from Radiation, Immune to Horror Factor, No fear of heights. Cybernetics: See Character Sheet. Can make Aimed/Called shots while running, swimming, parachuting or from a moving vehicle without penalty. Steady Nerves: Driving Penalties 1/2. Street Rep (Hardcase to be Feared): HF14 when Angry/Threatening.

Rose (To Kesslan): I don't suppose you're planning an assault on all free kind are you?
Daisy (OOC) Figures big crowds don't seem to be his thing, unless he's firing on them.
Rex: his ears rotate like dishes towards Kesslan's roar and the response from his foes, "trouble."
Al: Listening to the roar Al nods. "That would be Kesslan. Which most of the time means the exact same thing."
Theme Songs: Imagine Dragons - Radioactive , Disturbed: Indestructible , Johnny Cash: Hurt , UNKLE: Burn My Shadow, The Kinks: I'm not like everybody else, The Equalizer theme song, X Ambassadors: Jungle (feat. Jamie N Commons)
Alvidan

Re: [GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Post by Alvidan »

Perception (26%): Invalid dice code!
JIC: Invalid dice code!
JIC%: Invalid dice code!

Alvidan returns via public transport, carrying a middle-sized box and moving carefully, as if every movement was painful. It kind of is actually painful, any movement that stretches the skin on the freshly tattooed area is at least. He is just in pain, and anything that aggravates the pain is worth avoiding. He s not sure how long the pain will last, it varies.
User avatar
Pertinax
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:17 am

Re: [GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Post by Pertinax »

<Rolls carry>
Scythe wrote:"Quite presumptuous of you to assume that" - Some flowery talk - "I would prefer the former, as I hope you do as well."
For a brief moment Pertinax was starting to warm to his new comrades. They are innovative professionals with unique sets of skills. But they do like to appear clever, which Pertinax finds annoying. He misses his Dreadlor, their unflinching devotion, and the fact that they never said more than five words at a time. He considers whether it is worth responding when the team leader interrupts.
Alex wrote:"All right gentlemen, play time is over. Put your toys away and get back to work. We should be leaving this rock shortly. Did you finish prepping the ship? Everything in order?"
Raz wrote:"The engines and FTL are in top shape. The hull looks like a mashup of two different ships, but it is space worthy so no issues there. I also swept the ship for independent unauthorized transmissions, basically bugs, listening devices, and a like. I found none. At least while the ship is not powered up. We should be able to get underway as soon as you want."
"Clever boy," Pertinax replies. "I am capable of piloting the ship once we have a course plotted. I have reviewed the ship's weapons and defenses. I would be comfortable landing it in an active war zone. (And with the Thundercloud Galaxy that is a very real possibility)"
Alex wrote:"Can you two play nice? Or do I have to keep you separated. I would hope that Thraxus sent me candidates capable of working in a team. Trust issues or not."
Pertinax does not reply, simply lowering his shoulders as he stands at ease. Respect the chain of command. The mage may talk to much, but it is not Pertinax's place to knock him back in line. And even then, this is not the Tarlok military, and these are definitely not Tarlok. 'Alex' is free to run this squadron as he sees fit, and Pertinax will have to learn to 'go with the flow'.

Scythe offers a lot of things in response. Pertinax looks at him and then gives a curt nod. "Yes. Once you have a route, we can review it before departure. This would be a good use of our time."

When the meeting is over he turns back to Scythe and telepathically reaches out to him, Trust is earned in the field, not with some dumb Shertar monologue. I accepted your magicks, and we shall see if they work then (-4 I.S.P.). He taps the side of his head with his king finger and walks away.
Pertinax
M.D.C.: 348/348
P.P.E.: 11/11
I.S.P.: 120/120
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1456
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: [GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Post by Consumer »

Three More days pass.
Skills
Scythe: Public Speaking (Remain calm and stoic during his explanation; strong demeanor): Seems to be the face Scythe presents.
Lore: Galactic and Alien (Information on Tarlok Culture): Not something Scythe remembers from his teachings.
Tessa the Altess Eviscerator: Anthropology (Information on Tarlok Culture): They are a relatively minor culture on a galactic scale, only inhabiting one solar system. They are war like and violent, and at the moment currently embroiled in a civil war with another species native to their solar system.
Raz: Appraise Goods (Appraise the approximate value of the Talismans if they were to be sold on the black market): About two grand each.
Kesslan: Basic Mechanics & Electronics Basic (to determine what is wrong with the Auto-Doc on the Wrong Ship): It is missing several main components. Which ones is a little above Kesslan's knowledge base.
Jury-Rig (Assessing to see if he might be able to fabricate makeshift parts in the machine shop to get it up and running on a temporary basis if needed): Kesslan could fabricate several of the parts, but even then he isn't sure it would work.
The next three days are not particularly eventful, with Alvidan sequestered away working on an armor project, and Kesslan eyeballing the broken Auto-Doc in the Wrong ship being the more productive of the events happening. All in all it seems the group may actually be ready to embark on their mission.

Alright make any last minute shopping, tech rolls etc (If not completed before I write the first adventure thread post, it doesn't happen, you've been warned). In this next post I need people to fill the following positions and roll the following skills.
Pilot (Pilot: Starship of some variety for leaving the planet)
Co-Pilot (Pilot: Starship of some variety for leaving the planet)
Sensors/Communications (Read Sensory Equipment & Radio: Basic to get permission to leave)
Navigation (Navigation: Space, or Navigation & Astronomy to plot a course to the target world)
3 gunners (Weapon Systems to become acquainted with your station.)

It seems our new player is yet to get their sheet done so, we'll have to figure something out about them joining later I guess.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Kesslan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 538
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:51 pm
Location: Phase World: Rogues
Contact:

Re: [GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Post by Kesslan »

Perception: 113% 1d100 = 58: 58
JIC: 1d100 = 2: 2 1d20 = 3: 3

Kesslan spends the next little while sorting out his quarters onboard the ship and then sorting out his quarters and arranging his equipment to his tastes before moving up to the ship's bridge and then spending the rest of his free time idly plotting the course to the planet they were supposed to head to. It bothered him that they weren't able to dig up any additional information on the planet. But, I suppose, given how far away it is, that's to be expected. I do still remember a time when all I knew was my own planet, and now it's all so insignificant by comparison...

Skill Roll for Navigation to planet:
Navigation: Space 59% 1d100 = 47: 47

Once the course was plotted, Kesslan would contact Az'Rael on the comms "I have a course for our destination already set up in the ship's navigation computers. Just got bored and thought I'd see where we were going."
Kesslan's Character Sheet
HP: 79 SDC: 157
MDC Skull: 22

Constant Effects:
Autododge +5, Mildly Radioactive, Can see Ultra-Violet spectrum of light, Takes 1/2 Damage from Radiation, Immune to Horror Factor, No fear of heights. Cybernetics: See Character Sheet. Can make Aimed/Called shots while running, swimming, parachuting or from a moving vehicle without penalty. Steady Nerves: Driving Penalties 1/2. Street Rep (Hardcase to be Feared): HF14 when Angry/Threatening.

Rose (To Kesslan): I don't suppose you're planning an assault on all free kind are you?
Daisy (OOC) Figures big crowds don't seem to be his thing, unless he's firing on them.
Rex: his ears rotate like dishes towards Kesslan's roar and the response from his foes, "trouble."
Al: Listening to the roar Al nods. "That would be Kesslan. Which most of the time means the exact same thing."
Theme Songs: Imagine Dragons - Radioactive , Disturbed: Indestructible , Johnny Cash: Hurt , UNKLE: Burn My Shadow, The Kinks: I'm not like everybody else, The Equalizer theme song, X Ambassadors: Jungle (feat. Jamie N Commons)
Alvidan

Re: [GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Post by Alvidan »

Perception (26%): Invalid dice code!
JIC: Invalid dice code!
JIC%: Invalid dice code!

Alvidan knows, at least in basic, how to run the sensors and radio. He will do so unless there is someone more skilled at the post.

Sensory Equipment (60%) Invalid dice code!
Radio - Basic (50%) Invalid dice code!

Otherwise, he will do whatever is assigned to him, and if required will use his psychic powers to assist (telemechanical possession is great to run machines with...)

He will assist in routine maintenance and help others with mechanical projects and generally try to be useful.
User avatar
Pertinax
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:17 am

Re: [GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Post by Pertinax »

Perception (27%): 1d100 = 71: 71
JiC: 1d20 = 9: 9/ 1d100 = 70: 70

One the day of departure, Pertinax wakes up early, and goes about loading his equipment on the Wrong Ship. He puts his Power Armor and weapons in a discrete corner of the armor, the same place that he stored Scythe's talismans. He parks his hovercycle in the main bay, just in case he needs it on when they reached their destination. There is a sense of satisfaction to finally leaving Phase World. He is heading towards the Thundercloud Galaxy, and presumably towards the first Dreadlor he will awaken. His own quest aside, the Rogues' work gave him a purpose. They had a mission, they would track down their target, recover it, and return it to their employer

With everything loaded up, he goes to the cockpit and waits for Alex. When Alex arrives Pertinax will insist on piloting. It is not that Pertinax is an arrogant fascist with massive trust issues, but he knows that non-Tarlok pilots are inherently inferior. Needless to say this leads to a rocky take-off. Once they get into orbit he will let out an audible sigh. The new team is an adjustment. His Dreadlor formed a near instantaneous bond with him, and were ready to follow his orders without flinching. These aliens had 'autonomy'.
Skill Rolls
Pilot: Small Spacecraft (71%) 1d100 = 76: 76 -- Fly the Wrong Ship, whether or not as pilot is debatable.
Pertinax
M.D.C.: 348/348
P.P.E.: 11/11
I.S.P.: 120/120
User avatar
Az Rael
Group Leader
Posts: 221
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:34 pm

Re: [GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Post by Az Rael »

Perception: 1d100 = 58: 58 vs 55%
JIC: 1d20 = 10: 10 and 1d100 = 18: 18

Az Rael walks into the bridge and sees the Tarlock sitting in the pilot chair, "Good morning," he says flatly. Looking at the empty co-pilot chair Az Rael says, "In the Tarlock culture do you typically co-pilot from the left side?" Az Rael looks at the creature plainly, Pick your battles. Besides, lets see if he can fly. Az Rael sits down in the co-pilot seat, "On this ship. The pilot seat is on the left. Since your in the seat, lets see what you have."

Az Rael makes any required pre-flight checks and then radios the group when they are prepared to take off, "Take off in 2 min. Make sure everything is stowed and ready to go" Az Rael looks over at the coms station and asks Alvidan, "Did you request clearance for departure?"

Kesslan wrote:Kesslan would contact Az Rael on the comms "I have a course for our destination already set up in the ship's navigation computers. Just got bored and thought I'd see where we were going."


When Kesslan radios that he has the course laid in Az Rael responds, "Excellent! Thank you. Since you are comfortable with Nav, please take the Nav station on the bridge" Ok, That leaves Bryke, Scythe and Raz, Az Rael thinks to himself. He keys up the radio again on the general team frequency, "Bryke, Scythe and Raz, Please man the weapons stations. Familiarize yourselves with the controls. I don't expect any problems taking off but I would feel better that you are comfortable with the stations sooner rather than later. Should something actually happen, one of us will join you to take the fourth station. If no one has any objections, lets get the show on the road"

After the announcement Az Rael with look to his left at Pertinax, "Everything seems ready, lets get into orbit. Take us out. Az Rael will pay close attention to the pilot and the ship keenly aware should something go wrong he will take over the controls and try to correct.


Skills
Pilot: Spacecraft Advanced 49% vs 1d100 = 58: 58 - To take over the ship controls should Pertinax make any glaring mistakes.
P.P.E.: 99 / 99
I.S.P.: 47 / 47
H.P.: 34 / 34
S.D.C.: 82 / 82

Perception Bonus: 52%
+15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% dealing with Vampires/Undead, +5% Ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic
BA-26 EBA armor M.D.C: 90 / 90

Charm/Impress: 25%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 60%
Horror/Awe Factor: 12


Az Rael
User avatar
Raz I'Syul Arro
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:26 pm

Re: [GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Post by Raz I'Syul Arro »

Perception: 1d100 = 80: 80/31%
JIC: 1d20 = 14: 14 ; 1d100 = 100: 100


Raz begins the day with his normal routine of gym time, before loading what little gear he has onto the Wrong Ship. Raz moves to the engine room to monitor the ship while they are in flight. Raz hits several keys on the engine display computer to display the necessary technical data regarding engine output and things of that nature.

Computer Operations-- 1d100 = 75: 75/65% Fail (Monitor Ship status while ship is underway)
Computer Operations-- 1d100 = 9: 9/65% Pass (Confirm Engines are functioning at their optimal status)

Once those are good, Raz will respond to Az.
Az Rael wrote: "Bryke, Scythe and Raz, Please man the weapons stations. Familiarize yourselves with the controls. I don't expect any problems taking off but I would feel better that you are comfortable with the stations sooner rather than later. Should something actually happen, one of us will join you to take the fourth station. If no one has any objections, lets get the show on the road"
The gunner station...Shit. That is not where my skills lay. Well I guess it could not hurt to just go sit there. I would prefer to be in the engine room, but hey now I can see what makes these weapons work.

Raz keys his team frequency radio, "Engines are in the green. Moving to the gunnery stations now Alex." Raz will then move to the closest gunny station and strap in for the ride.

Thunderhead. Hell I have never left Phase World before. There was so much to do there. Even more opportunities in the three galaxies. Lets make the most of it. So many potential marks out there. So many opportunities to create contacts and networks for my own black market. Speaking of which I need to talk to Scythe when we hit FTL. Wait until we have left, do not distract the others while we are in the middle of takeoff. Start small with the talismans. Find out what planets need and who has excess, increase trade and establish the black market at the same time. Be the man behind both the light and dark of the economy. Raz gives a rare genuine smile to no one as he sits in the gunnery station.
Raz I'Syul Arro

Sixth Sense
Horror Factor: 11
I.S.P.: 39/47
M.D.C.: 204/204
Half Damage from M.D. Fire and energy attacks (Including magical)

Armor
NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 40/40
  • Arms: L: 20/20 R: 20/20
  • Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30
  • Main Body: 80/80
N-F20A Medium Force Field--OFF
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 75/75
Weapons
NE-11 Slim-Line Plasma Cartridge Rifle 17/20 (NE-003PC)

Crystal Paralyzer 20/20
Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Scythe
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:40 pm

Re: [GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Post by Scythe »

JiC: 1d100 = 53: 53 / 1d20 = 11: 11
Perception [38%]: 1d100 = 52: 52

Weapon Systems [43%]: 1d100 = 9: 9 (Weapons Check)
Intelligence [58%]: 1d100 = 52: 52 (Analyze and Piece together Weapon Systems readings in conjunction with Detect Ambush)
Navigation, Space [43%]: 1d100 = 3: 3 (Space Vessel Systems Check/Trajectory and Field of Fire)
Detect Ambush [58%]: 1d100 = 33: 33 (Scan sectors)

Scythe returns to his room briefly after familiarizing himself with the Ship. When he steps inside, he starts feeling a sharp headache. Tessa remarks silently Aevum, are you alright? And after not hearing a response, jolts her owner with a very light charge before addressing him again. Aevum? Shaking his head, Scythe glances down at the new tome in his hand and hears his Blade finally. Welcome back, I noted you had an increased heart rate for a few seconds there. Everything go well?. Scythe glances around and lets his shoulders roll forward as he looks down at the new tome. Seems we have a long road ahead of us. One that I must walk alone. He remarks, moving to his doorway. He’ll take a moment and secure the tome his personal satchel, grab his backpack and head out.

“Scythe here, all my preparations are complete and I’m heading back to the ship. ETA, 1 minute”
Alex wrote:"Bryke, Scythe and Raz, Please man the weapons stations. Familiarize yourselves with the controls. I don't expect any problems taking off but I would feel better that you are comfortable with the stations sooner rather than later. Should something actually happen, one of us will join you to take the fourth station. If no one has any objections, lets get the show on the road"
Scythe nods as he arrives on the ship and will sit in between the Promethean and the Seljuk at the middle station, placing his backpack next to him and running a foot between it’s straps to ensure it stays with him, buckles in and run a systems check on his console. Haven’t been on a ship like this before, nor in such a position. Let’s get as familiar as possible before we run into potential trouble. He thinks to himself.

“Ready to go on my end.” Scythe calls out once he is familiar and will then wait for take off.
“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Scythe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Ronan Deshe (Spook Squad) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)
Active Stats, Conditions and Equipment
Active Stats:
P.P.E.: 223/223 || I.S.P.: 42/42| M.D.C.: 97/97
Current Active Conditions: Horror Factor 10 || Fire/Cold 1/2 DMG || Regenerates 1d6*5 M.D.C. /minute || Sixth Sense (2) || Sense Magic in Use (400/ft) | Automatically Sense Rifts (700 miles)

Active Equipment:
Warlock Combat Armor W-F1 Model || M.D.C. by location; W-F1 Armor of Ithan: 100/100 | Shoulder(L): 100/100 \/ Shoulder(R): 100/100 | Arm(L): 120/120 \/ Arm(R): 120/120 | Leg(L): 150/150 \/ Leg(R): 150/150| Head: 80/80 | Head Armor of Ithan: 50/50| MB: 320/320
Light Concealed LLW Armor (under W-F1) || M.D.C. by location; MB: 40/40 | Arm(L):15/15 \/ Arm(R): 15/15 | Leg(L):25/25\/ Leg(R): 25/25
Altess Eviscerator (Patron) || M.D.C. 500/500 | Regenerates 2d6 M.D.C./hour | Melee DMG: 6d6 M.D.C. | Electrical Discharge; Range: Touch or up too 200', DMG: 4d6, Payload: 4 (Regenerates 4 every hour)
Phase Beamer || Range: 400', DMG 3d6 or 4d6. || Does S.D.C. to S.D.C. and M.D.C. to M.D.C. and Force fields. Does not damage armor.

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 24%
Magic (varies): +3 (+1 @ 6, 8, 11, 14)
Lethal Poison (14+): +1
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +1
Insanity (12+): +1
Psionics (varies): +2
Horror Factor (varies): +4 (+1 @ 8, 12)
Illusions (varies): +2
Mind Control (varies): +2
User avatar
Pertinax
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:17 am

Re: [GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Post by Pertinax »

<Rolls carry>
Alex wrote:"Good morning. In the Tarlock culture do you typically co-pilot from the left side?"
Pertinax gets up from the seat and makes a gesture ushering Alex to his seat at the helm. "By all means," Pertinax replies. "While it is important for a team leader to be proactive and unafraid of the front lines, I thought you would want to delegate to someone..." There is a pause as he tries to find the most polite way to express his opinion. Without a doubt, this is more awkward for the Tarlok than it is for anyone who is listening when he says, "more qualified."

He sits down in the co-pilot seat and follows Alex's lead as the enter the coordinates and take off. It is far from a smooth departure. Once they are in Phase World's orbit*, Pertinax's gills flare open and he rubs a hand over his face. Frustration seems to weigh on him like a sack of bricks on his shoulders. His instinct would be snap at Alex and insist on taking over at the pilot's seat, but that would not serve them any good at this point. The rough flight was just as much on his hands. How does the wayward soldier address his commander?

"I must admit," he says standing up slowly, "that my flying is not up to its usual high standard. This has been an awkward adjustment for me. Not the ship, working with 'alien' species. I am more accustomed to having a team of two or three dozen elite troops that immediately respond to my every command. When I worked with our 'allies' (he says it with the same tone he says Alex's name) it was often with orders to eliminate at the first hint of weakness. I am not used to (how do the Shertar say it) playing nices."

He extends an arm.

* I'm assuming any penalty for the failed skill rolls will be early on, but this conversation will happen whenever the dice come home to roost.
Pertinax
M.D.C.: 348/348
P.P.E.: 11/11
I.S.P.: 120/120
User avatar
Kesslan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 538
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:51 pm
Location: Phase World: Rogues
Contact:

Re: [GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Post by Kesslan »

*rolls carried*
Az Rael wrote:When Kesslan radios that he has the course laid in Az Rael responds, "Excellent! Thank you. Since you are comfortable with Nav, please take the Nav station on the bridge"
"Aff." Kesslan responds to Az in a somewhat militaristicly sharp tone before properly taking up the post. Since he was assigned to it, for now at least, the Pantheran starts tweaking the various settings and the seat to his own liking. After that it was just a matter of plugging his headjack into the computer and then ensuring that they were on course and had a clear path to launch.
Additional Skill Rolls wrote: To setup Console/better tune it:
Computer Operation 99% 1d100 = 49: 49

To plot course from landing pad to space:
Navigation 99% 1d100 = 19: 19
Navigation: Orbital 79% 1d100 = 71: 71
Navigation: Space 59% 1d100 = 53: 53

To scan for potential obstructions/navigational hazards etc
Sensory Equipment: 84% 1d100 = 81: 81
Off we go again... Kesslan thinks to himself. He was finding it somewhat odd, the way he'd just... grown accustomed to leaving a planet. Until he'd left Earth, he'd never been to space. On Seriv and Earth he'd been in a number of aircraft and done quite a few combat drops by parachute, but it hadn't been until he'd wound up on Phase World that he'd actually gone out into space itself. Even then, much of his time had still been spent planetside on Phaseworld itself. He hadn't actually been to too many other planets. And for the first time... I have no cause to fight for. My people are safe, my few friends are safe. So why do I keep doing what I'm doing?
Kesslan's Character Sheet
HP: 79 SDC: 157
MDC Skull: 22

Constant Effects:
Autododge +5, Mildly Radioactive, Can see Ultra-Violet spectrum of light, Takes 1/2 Damage from Radiation, Immune to Horror Factor, No fear of heights. Cybernetics: See Character Sheet. Can make Aimed/Called shots while running, swimming, parachuting or from a moving vehicle without penalty. Steady Nerves: Driving Penalties 1/2. Street Rep (Hardcase to be Feared): HF14 when Angry/Threatening.

Rose (To Kesslan): I don't suppose you're planning an assault on all free kind are you?
Daisy (OOC) Figures big crowds don't seem to be his thing, unless he's firing on them.
Rex: his ears rotate like dishes towards Kesslan's roar and the response from his foes, "trouble."
Al: Listening to the roar Al nods. "That would be Kesslan. Which most of the time means the exact same thing."
Theme Songs: Imagine Dragons - Radioactive , Disturbed: Indestructible , Johnny Cash: Hurt , UNKLE: Burn My Shadow, The Kinks: I'm not like everybody else, The Equalizer theme song, X Ambassadors: Jungle (feat. Jamie N Commons)
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1456
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: [GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Post by Consumer »

Crew Positions
Pilot: Pertinax
Co-Pilot: Alex
Sensors/Communications: Alvidan
Navigation: Kesslan
Gunners: Raz, Bryke, Scythe.
The crew all stowed away and sitting in their shipboard positions, makes ready to take off. Pertinax in the pilot's seat with Alex in the Copilot seat run through the pre-flight checklist or at least what they know of pre-flight checklists. While Kesslan plots a course through the morass of the airspace above Center's Dome-like structure. Alvidan makes a call to Center's Traffic Control, who give a greenlight and a corridor for the ship to make it's way off planet and to a jump point. Alvidan also keep an eye on the riff-raff flying about making possible collisions known.

As the ship takes off, the actual flight to orbit is rough and turbulent, with Pertinax having a hell of a time keeping the ship steady. With Alex's help the crew of the Wrong Ship manage to make it into space proper and smoothly make it to the prescribed jump-point. Kesslan plots out the course from Center to the target planet and gets a final estimate on how long the trip will take, two months and three days. With a flick of a switch the group begins it's long series of FTL jumps to make it to the Thundercloud galaxy.

Please Continue Posting Here
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Mungo
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:55 am

Re: [GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Post by Mungo »

Perception: 1d100 = 34: 34 /21%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 7: 7 / 1d100 = 61: 61

After a few quiet beers Mungo decides that he's waited long enough and makes his way to Rogue's base. Well, he assumes it's their base as it's the address Holt gives him. Oh, I see! A skyline pad! Not a bad location at all. I hear these cost a pretty penny! Not that Thraxus is short of money I suppose. He can't help but be a little impressed at location of the base.

He slithers his way up to the front door of the main building. Outside he announces to the security camera who he is and and requests to be let in.

He straightens his clothes and clears his throat. "Hello. I've been sent here by one Mr. Holt. He has recruited me on behalf of his employer to, um... ah... join this team, I guess. My name is Mungo and, if my impression of Mr. Holt is correct, I believe that you're expecting me? May I enter?"
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1456
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: [GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Post by Consumer »

New Meat, and Downtime

Mungo can see the security in the building is pretty heavy for a small building. At a security desk a humanoid sits, and listens to Mungo's spiel. "Well they're not here at the... Nevermind, they just arrived in system. I'll have you wait for them in the public conference room" A door next to Mungo opens and through it he can see a long table and several chairs. "I'll let them know they have a guest as soon as they land."

As the Rogues make their way to the Headquarter building, the radio goes off. "Welcome home, you have a guest awaiting you, he was sent by Holt."

This puts a kink in the group as a whole's plans.


What do you do?
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Az Rael
Group Leader
Posts: 221
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:34 pm

Re: [GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Post by Az Rael »

Perception: 1d100 = 97: 97 vs (55%) +15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% When dealing with Vampires or the Undead, +5% when pertaining to ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic
JIC: 1d100 = 47: 47 and 1d20 = 13: 13

Pertinax wrote:When the ship is out of the planet's orbit, Pertinax takes his headset off and looks to the captain's seat. "You are not getting better at piloting the ship."

"A good team leader knows when to delegate tasks he is unsuited for. Perhaps I should take charge of taking off and landing from inhospitable planets going forward. You can enter the ship's coordinates into the auto-pilot." Pertinax then turns on the auto-pilot. "I did it for you this time. Do not derelict in your duties. You will set a bad example for the others."



Az Rael gives pertinax a stern look, "It was the atmosphere, obviously. Besides, regardless of the seats, it's you an me on the stick."

When they land Az Rael is relieved. He sighs, I had half thought the damn transceiver wasn't going to work. Az Rael tells the team to secure the cargo in the lab 1, "I want it behind a security door for now." Then heads to his office in HQ.

Consumer wrote:As the Rogues make their way to the Headquarter building, the radio goes off. "Welcome home, you have a guest awaiting you, he was sent by Holt."


Great! Az Rael wonders what type of guest might be at the landing pad right when they land like that. Coincidence? I doubt it.

Az Rael walks in the door and sees the octo man standing in the security checkpoint, he reaches his hand out wondering, Does this thing even shake hands? "Welcome to the the Rogues HQ," he starts. "The security guard says Holt sent you. I will need to verify this information. If you would be so kind, I will have you wait in the conference room while I do so."

Az Rael turns to the team, "Pertinax, Scythe, could you escort our guest into the conference room and entertain him while I reach out to Mr Holt?" Az Rael nods to the newcomer, "I should be down shortly." Then heads up to his office.

Once in his office he decides to send two text messages...

First one to Mother.

Code: Select all

Mother, Mission success and finally home. I missed you and dad very much. I found a relic, very valuable. It would be best to find a discerning buyer though. Do you have anyone in mind I could reach out to?
The next he sends to Holt.

Code: Select all

Mission Success. Item recovered. Do we bring it to you, or will you retrieve it from HQ? Also, I have an asset at HQ, he claims you sent him. Please confirm. If not, we will handle the problem.
After sending the messages Az Rael removes his armor and proceeds to take a shower. After his shower he will check from replies from mother or Holt and then send a general text to the team to meet him in the conference room.

Code: Select all

Conference Room, 7 pm. Debrief.
In the mean time he radios Raz directly, "Raz, I would like you to reach out to some of your people and see if you can find a buyer for our loot. I have made some inquiries already, I want to make sure we get the best number we can."

Then he sends a message coded for Scythe and Pertinax directly,

Code: Select all

Waiting on reply from Holt. Be prepared to eliminate the threat if need be. Until I give the word, find out everything you can about him.
P.P.E.: 99 / 99
I.S.P.: 47 / 47
H.P.: 34 / 34
S.D.C.: 82 / 82

Perception Bonus: 52%
+15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% dealing with Vampires/Undead, +5% Ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic
BA-26 EBA armor M.D.C: 90 / 90

Charm/Impress: 25%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 60%
Horror/Awe Factor: 12


Az Rael
User avatar
Mungo
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:55 am

Re: [GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Post by Mungo »

Perception: 1d100 = 13: 13 /21%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 18: 18 / 1d100 = 94: 94

Mungo stands up when the Galactic Rouges enter. He looks them over and the guy who must be the leader greets him. Mungo shakes the guy's hand.
Az Rael wrote:"Welcome to the the Rogues HQ. The security guard says Holt sent you. I will need to verify this information. If you would be so kind, I will have you wait in the conference room while I do so. Pertinax, Scythe, could you escort our guest into the conference room and entertain him while I reach out to Mr Holt? I should be down shortly."
"Yes, of course, verify all you need. I'll be happy to wait. Sorry I didn't catch your name... Mr?" He replies to the apparent leader of the team. He turns and looks at Pertinax and Scythe. "After you, gentlemen. I have no idea where we're going so lead on." As they walk Mungo tries to make small talk to hide his nerves. "So which one of you is Pertinax? The handsome brooding human with piercing eyes or the hulking... What are you? I'm pretty sure you're not a Kreeghor. You could be a.... um... One of those backwoods slavers that sell supes to the Splorgorth... I met some at one of ol'sourface's soirées back in the day. Tarlok? Yeah, Tarlok... but you don't look right." He leans in and examines Pertinax's carapace. "No... Not right at all."

Once they get to the conference room Mungo takes a seat. His eyes shifting between Pertinax and Scythe. Hmmm, interesting. What have you gotten me into Mr Holt? Let's see how seriously these guys take themselves. He thinks to himself. After a minute or so he speaks. "So, who knows how long we'll have to wait. I could tell you about myself, but I figure it'll be best to wait until everyone is here. Your boss said that you should entertain me in the meantime. So, please go ahead. I prefer song and dance. Original poetry of you have to. Nothing recited please. There are certain standards even I won't breach."
User avatar
Pertinax
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:17 am

Re: [GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Post by Pertinax »

Perception (24%): 1d100: [51] = 51
JiC: 1d20: [13] = 13 / 1d100: [71] = 71

Before disembarking from the Rogue, Pertinax makes a point of recording all the information he can on the shield. He saves it to both the ship's computer and also to his HPC. With that done, he joins the others in the base's entrance.
Alex wrote:"Welcome to the the Rogues HQ. The security guard says Holt sent you. I will need to verify this information. If you would be so kind, I will have you wait in the conference room while I do so. Pertinax, Scythe, could you escort our guest into the conference room and entertain him while I reach out to Mr Holt? I should be down shortly."
Newcomer wrote:"After you, gentlemen. I have no idea where we're going so lead on."
Pertinax nods at the team leader. He visibly places one hand on his axe and then the other on what may as well be called the octoman's shoulder. Rather than lead, he presses their guest down the hallways to the conference room.
'Guest' wrote:"So which one of you is Pertinax? The handsome brooding human with piercing eyes or the hulking... What are you? I'm pretty sure you're not a Kreeghor. You could be a.... um... One of those backwoods slavers that sell supes to the Splorgorth"
"I will have you know that we do not treat our enslaved as commodities," Pertinax interjects with a harsh push around a corner. "Though we have been known to donate genetic material, including living specimens, for their experimentations in biowizardry."
Artless alien wrote:"I met some at one of ol'sourface's soirées back in the day. Tarlok? Yeah, Tarlok... but you don't look right." He leans in and examines Pertinax's carapace. "No... Not right at all."
Pertinax bristles at that last comment and grips the octoman more firmly. What does it know already? He lowers his head and stares Mungo staright in the eyes. Unlikely a bounty hunter; Tarlok military command would not send an alien. Pertinax knows that he has met aliens like Mungo before, off-world, Splugorth space, not targets, usually slaves. Perhaps it escaped. That would explain how it knows your species.

Pertinax puts Mungo into the conference room and sets him down on the chair closest to the door. Standard Tarlok interrogation policy - have the subject seated with its back to the door, so they can be removed (or otherwise) expediently. He leans over the seated octoman and answers the question, "We are a militant species. The only thing that is 'wrong' is that I am not with my squadron. However, that is to be expected; I specialize in off-world intelligence. Visit alien planets, work with different factions, eliminate threats before they can emerge. So forth."
Interrogation subject wrote:"So, who knows how long we'll have to wait. I could tell you about myself, but I figure it'll be best to wait until everyone is here. Your boss said that you should entertain me in the meantime. So, please go ahead. I prefer song and dance. Original poetry of you have to. Nothing recited please. There are certain standards even I won't breach."
The dreadmaster walks behind the chair and places his hands on its back, pushing down. "The only song I know is about vertebrate anatomy. They teach it to us in training so we can identify pressure points during interrogations." He presses his king finger on one of Mungo's tentacles. "I do not think that you would find it very relevant."
Pertinax
M.D.C.: 348/348
P.P.E.: 11/11
I.S.P.: 120/120
User avatar
Az Rael
Group Leader
Posts: 221
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:34 pm

Re: [GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Post by Az Rael »

Az Rael wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:37 am Rolls held
Az Rael switches on the camera to the downstairs conference room in time to see Pertinax walk behind the new candidate and offer a massage, wonderful, they are getting along, he thinks to himself then hears Pertinax speak.

Pertinax wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:19 pmThe dreadmaster walks behind the chair and places his hands on its back, pushing down. "The only song I know is about vertebrate anatomy. They teach it to us in training so we can identify pressure points during interrogations." He presses his king finger on one of Mungo's tentacles. "I do not think that you would find it very relevant."


Dammit, What is he doing? Az Rael presses the conference room button on the intercom. "Gentlemen, I have not heard from our esteemed Mr. Holt yet. Pertinax, would you be so kind as to see what if anything our guest would like to drink? I will be down shortly.

Az Rael makes his way to the shower and quickly washes the missions funk from his body. Interesting that Holt would send this candidate and not at least have a message waiting. Az Rael's trepidation of a possible plant settles in. I can't discount that he may have truly been sent by Holt but could also have learned his name through a different source. Az Rael steps from the shower, knowing some of the best thinking is down under a warm stream of steady water. Well, let's see what we can learn from him while we wait on confirmation.

Dressed and clean, Az Rael makes his way to the conference room. Walking in to the conference room, he walks directly up to the potential new team member and offers him his hand, "I am Alex, welcome to the Rogues HQ." Afterwards Alex takes a seat and continues, "While we wait on confirmation, can you tell us a little about yourself and how you have come to know Mr. Holt?"
P.P.E.: 99 / 99
I.S.P.: 47 / 47
H.P.: 34 / 34
S.D.C.: 82 / 82

Perception Bonus: 52%
+15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% dealing with Vampires/Undead, +5% Ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic
BA-26 EBA armor M.D.C: 90 / 90

Charm/Impress: 25%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 60%
Horror/Awe Factor: 12


Az Rael
User avatar
Scythe
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:40 pm

Re: [GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Post by Scythe »

Perception [41%]: 1d100: [35] = 35
JiC: 1d20: [15] = 15 / 1d100: [66] = 66

As none of Scythe's plans were happening immediately and he opted to follow Az, he does so when heading off the ship after the brief debriefing. His visor remains open as he is enjoying the fresh air he normally ignores for the sake of comfort and utility provided by his W-F1. Strapping Tessa to her customary place on his back, he leaves with Az and the others to enter the HQ.
Random Voiceover in the HQ wrote:"Welcome home, you have a guest awaiting you, he was sent by Holt."
Scythe can visibly be seen scowling and furrowing his brow. Great, straight off a mission, not even reported in and we have an unknown guest. He silently muses.
Az wrote:"Pertinax, Scythe, could you escort our guest into the conference room and entertain him while I reach out to Mr Holt?"
Scythe glances over to Az then to Pertinax and nods. "Will do." Scythe will lead the other two down the hall, as Pert opts to physically escort the Octoman. "Follow me." Scythe says to the Octoman.
Guest wrote:"So which one of you is Pertinax? The handsome brooding human with piercing eyes or the hulking... What are you? I'm pretty sure you're not a Kreeghor. You could be a.... um... One of those backwoods slavers that sell supes to the Splorgorth"
Scythe cocks his head and glances at the Octoman as they arrive in the room. "I would be Scythe, that would be Pertinax." Scythe answers before almost rolling his eyes at Pert's overbearing explanation of his species to the newcomer. I'm surprised he is being so forthcoming with our guest, maybe it is a display of superiority or insecurity. Scythe remarks to his blade with a sly smile.
Sarcastic Octoman wrote:"So, who knows how long we'll have to wait. I could tell you about myself, but I figure it'll be best to wait until everyone is here. Your boss said that you should entertain me in the meantime. So, please go ahead. I prefer song and dance. Original poetry of you have to. Nothing recited please. There are certain standards even I won't breach."
Surly Tarlok wrote:"The only song I know is about vertebrate anatomy. They teach it to us in training so we can identify pressure points during interrogations."


Scythe then watches the exchange of dry sarcasm from the Octoman that seemingly completely goes over the head of his tarlokian ally and just shakes his head. Alright, if nothing else, this one will make things fun. Scythe admits to himself in a light laugh.

"Okay, guest. How about a name? Or shall we give you one?" Scythe asks of the Octoman, not having heard a name yet. He glances to Pert. "And please, for the love of dea, do not sing. I'll leave you here with him alone." Scythe adds with a half-cocked smile.

Turning back to the Octoman, assuming he is given a name, he nods. "What does your kind like to drink, while we wait for our associate to return?" Scythe asks of Mungo. He'll nod to Az when he walks in and let him take over, making his own drink and taking a seat.
“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Scythe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Ronan Deshe (Spook Squad) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)
Active Stats, Conditions and Equipment
Active Stats:
P.P.E.: 223/223 || I.S.P.: 42/42| M.D.C.: 97/97
Current Active Conditions: Horror Factor 10 || Fire/Cold 1/2 DMG || Regenerates 1d6*5 M.D.C. /minute || Sixth Sense (2) || Sense Magic in Use (400/ft) | Automatically Sense Rifts (700 miles)

Active Equipment:
Warlock Combat Armor W-F1 Model || M.D.C. by location; W-F1 Armor of Ithan: 100/100 | Shoulder(L): 100/100 \/ Shoulder(R): 100/100 | Arm(L): 120/120 \/ Arm(R): 120/120 | Leg(L): 150/150 \/ Leg(R): 150/150| Head: 80/80 | Head Armor of Ithan: 50/50| MB: 320/320
Light Concealed LLW Armor (under W-F1) || M.D.C. by location; MB: 40/40 | Arm(L):15/15 \/ Arm(R): 15/15 | Leg(L):25/25\/ Leg(R): 25/25
Altess Eviscerator (Patron) || M.D.C. 500/500 | Regenerates 2d6 M.D.C./hour | Melee DMG: 6d6 M.D.C. | Electrical Discharge; Range: Touch or up too 200', DMG: 4d6, Payload: 4 (Regenerates 4 every hour)
Phase Beamer || Range: 400', DMG 3d6 or 4d6. || Does S.D.C. to S.D.C. and M.D.C. to M.D.C. and Force fields. Does not damage armor.

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 24%
Magic (varies): +3 (+1 @ 6, 8, 11, 14)
Lethal Poison (14+): +1
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +1
Insanity (12+): +1
Psionics (varies): +2
Horror Factor (varies): +4 (+1 @ 8, 12)
Illusions (varies): +2
Mind Control (varies): +2
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1456
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: [GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Post by Consumer »

On with Business as Usual

With Mungo in the public Conference room, Az Rael has Pertinax and Scythe go and look at the guest. Az Rael finds the rest of the base generally the way he left it save the lights are dimmer now. In his office Az Rael sends off a pair of notes.
Az Rael wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:37 amMother, Mission success and finally home. I missed you and dad very much. I found a relic, very valuable. It would be best to find a discerning buyer though. Do you have anyone in mind I could reach out to?
A few minutes pass and he receives a reply.
Parents wrote:Glad to hear you are safe and sound, does that mean you're any closer to figuring out your studies? As for relics, depends on what it is, relic can mean so many different things. We would like Alvidan to come home at his earliest convenience. Sincerely Father.

Az Rael wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:37 amMission Success. Item recovered. Do we bring it to you, or will you retrieve it from HQ? Also, I have an asset at HQ, he claims you sent him. Please confirm. If not, we will handle the problem.
Az Rael waits another minute when his messages ding once more.
Holt wrote:Did you ask him, he should have a datapad from me. Not like anyone knows you work with me, so I wouldn't be so paranoid. I'll be there in five minutes to get the shield, Thraxus should be happy if it's the right one. ~Holt
Meanwhile downstairs, Mungo, Pertinax, and Scythe have what amounts to one of the strangest conversations.

Outside Raz and Bryke bring the Sarcophagus inside, it's on this trip that Bryke tells Raz that all in all the coffin is made of some cheap materials made to look nice, not the veritable fortune they thought it was. Though Raz is sure he could still get some money out of it as an object of art, certainly not the millions he thought though.

Over the teams radio Raz speaks up. "Sarcophagus is fake, might still be worth a few credits."

Approximately five minutes later Holt appears in the door frame of Az Rael's office. "Welcome back, so let's see it, I got a laundry list of things to do today."

What are your intentions?
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Mungo
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:55 am

Re: [GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Post by Mungo »

Jic 1d20!!: [12] = 12
JiC 1d100!!: [79] = 79
Perception 1d100!!: [85] = 85
Pertinax wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:19 pm "The only song I know is about vertebrate anatomy. They teach it to us in training so we can identify pressure points during interrogations." He presses his king finger on one of Mungo's tentacles. "I do not think that you would find it very relevant."
Mungo looks down at the tentacle that Pertinax is touching and frowns. Hmmm, is he really touching that one? Oh dear. Mungo looks up at Pertinax, his face a picture of concern. "I must say, I don't think you'll be wanting to touch that tentacle. You don't know where it's been. That's the one, well one of the ones I use when I perform, um, certain acts..." He studies Pertinax to see if it looks like the Tarlok gets what he is talking about. He sighs dramatically and continues. "Oh. Very well, if that's how it has to be. Fine. Tentacle porn. That's one of the the 'porn arms' that I have. Don't touch it. I try not to, it never feels clean. It's been deep in unspeakable places. You know about pressure points for interrogation... I know other kinds of pressure points. In fact that one has a taint I can't scrub out. Some kind of Kreeghor-crotch-rot that I think inflects people with heavy carapace. People like you." Mungo makes eye contact and winks at Pertinax, then waves another couple of tentacles dismissively. "I know it's below me and judge all you want. However, in my defense, when one is broke and starving a plate of cheeseburgers is a Plate of Cheesburgers!"
Scythe wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:47 pm"Okay, guest. How about a name? Or shall we give you one?"
Mungo nods at Scythe and opens his eyes wide in surprise. "Oh, how silly of me! Where did I put my manners! Mother would not be impressed. Mungo, my name is Mungo. It's a pleasure to met you both. I suppose this is a good time to hand over the letter of introduction Mr. Holt gave me" He places the tablet Holt gave him and slides it over to Scythe.
Scythe wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:47 pm"What does your kind like to drink, while we wait for our associate to return?"
"Beer." Mungo replies without hesitation. "I'll take a beer please. Does anyone care to join? "

When the Alex and/or the rest of the team arrives Mungo surveys them carefully. Hmmm, not fans of The Theater I'll wager. Best tone down that part of my skill set. Pity. When given the sign he'll introduce himself. "Hello all, My name is Mungo. I have been approached by Mr Holt to join this team. He said that his employer became aware of me becasue of a trideo he saw. It may best if I show it to you all. May I?" He brings up the trideo.

Trideo
Much later the herbivore smiled at Mungo. "Very good Mr. Mungo. Now one last question before everything is in order. What kinds of Street Magic would you like to perform here?"
Yes! Final question! Mungo couldn't wait to be on his way. "Um, Stage magic, comedy clubs, busking..."

Before he could finish the window behind that official blew in and a figure in black burst through feet first. The figure in black landed on her feet and discarded her rappelling gear with a practiced motion on a quick release. She screamed at Mungo and drew a pair of evil looking curved blades. Mungo backed up and glanced to the guy interviewing him. The official had frozen in place. It would seem this species had a freeze response instead of fight or flight. The Staphra was between Mungo and the door now and getting closer. He didn't have much of a choice, so he chose to fight.

The fight was, by local standards, exceptionally brutal and the trideo recording was a viral sensation. The fact that this Octopus guy could make weapons appear out of thin air really added a special something that ensured enduring popularity. The kind of trideo were kids dared each other to watch it without vomiting. By the end of it the Staphra had two broken arms, a gouged eye, multiple stab wounds, severe concussion, a really nasty looking Chinese burn on her thigh and was pinned to the desk by a stiletto through her shoulder. Mungo was missing a leg and had been stabbed several times. There was blood everywhere. In a rare moment of good judgment, after spying the camera still recording, he decided that killing this Staphra would only make things worse. Murder caught on camera was always something to avoid, especially in a place like this.

He stood up and straightened himself up, conjured up a nice fluffy towel and wiped off as much blood as he could. He moved towards the door, just before leaving he turned to the slowly unfreezing official. "Oh, I almost forgot... I’m also available for children's parties." Then he was gone.
"So that's why your employer thinks I'll be a good fit. My specialty is called conjuring, an unusual kind of magic. As for my background... I was born a slave in some place called Splynn. Don't worry no one knows it. I got sent to the 3G as part of the household chattels of a Splurg High Lord. He sold me, I think, to a band of Staphra. I repaired their starship until I escaped. Now they want me dead. Conjuring is not highly regarded by most other mages. However it has its uses." With that, an adorable fluffy kitten peers its head over the edge of the table and with an assisting tentacle gets up on the table.
User avatar
Bryke
Posts: 276
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:53 am
Contact:

Re: [GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Post by Bryke »

Perception: 34% 1d100
JiC d20/d100: 1d20/ 1d100

Conditions:
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Doesn't breathe air and is immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and has eagle-like normal vision.
Sixth Sense
HF 10

The Promethean sidesteps into boxers stance reflexively when Mungo goes to turn on the "trideo." Though the natural brawlers guard softens when its psychic warning sense does not trigger anything alarming. Bryke still, by default, watches the "trideo" with suspicion, from a distance that their surroundings can also be seen.

Tunnel vision is the best way to get knocked out! being knocked-out in this place is synonymous with death! Bryke remembers the crotchety warriors voice yelling in its mind. A warm smile crossing The Prometheans face at the thought, and countless times that wisdom has saved it.

The Promethean laughs hard and loud at Mungo's parting words, 'Im availible for...' Hahhh! This guy is hilarious! I like his hands-on approach to work as well, Hahhh!

Holt

If Holt sent you, you're golden with me.

................................................................

Later, Bryke asks Scythe if he would accompany The Promethean to [insert Center's name for a MageTown]
The Time Master is looking for a new mentor.

“Scythe will you come with me? I am hunting savvy mentors.” The Promethean says, uncharacteristically in first person, with checked excitement.

I need to find a good teacher, become more powerful, and find that evil-

Desperately not wanting to go down memory-lane, The Promethean's face snaps to a smile as the being cuts its own thoughts off mid-sentence so to speak.

Contingencies:
Bryke waits to leave after meditating for awhile and regaining ISP and PPE.
Bryke will go without Scythe if Scythe is busy or does not wish to go.
Dice rolls
[roll=1]1d100[/roll]: [99] = 99
[roll=2]1d20[/roll]: [15] = 15
[roll=3]1d100[/roll]: [61] = 61
Natural Abilities
Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 83%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Ley Line Phasing: Equal to the ley line walker ability.


PPE: 236/236
ISP: 75/125
SDC: 634/634 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP: 155/155

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:

Call Names/Nicknames:
Bryke, Wraith
User avatar
Az Rael
Group Leader
Posts: 221
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:34 pm

Re: [GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Post by Az Rael »

Perception: 1d100: [76] = 76 vs (55%) +15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% When dealing with Vampires or the Undead, +5% when pertaining to ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic
JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 and 1d100: [78] = 78

Parents wrote:Glad to hear you are safe and sound, does that mean you're any closer to figuring out your studies? As for relics, depends on what it is, relic can mean so many different things. We would like Alvidan to come home at his earliest convenience. Sincerely Father.


Az Rael see the notes about Father wanting Alvidan home as soon as possible and he gets a dark feeling in his stomach. This usually only means one thing, he thinks to himself immediately. He takes a brief moment to respond.

Code: Select all

Father, I will see that Alvidan heads home right away. I am working very hard on my studies.
I do not think it is something that will happen very fast, but I am encouraged by the professors interactions.
He has a new student teacher that has been teaching classes lately. I am sure we will be close friends soon enough.
The relic is an old coffin, possibly solid gold, bejeweled. We will need a proper appraisal and a good suggestion 
on the best place to attempt to sell it. Obviously the more I make, the more I can help you an mom back home.
Az Rael sees the text reply from holt retorts to himself, Why would I ask him if the guy he is saying sent him really sent him? Datapad? Hmm, maybe i need to talk with him further.

At that moment Raz comes over the radio explaining the coffin is a fake, Az Rael's shoulders drop, such high hopes too, the pay on the mission will not even come close to paying back the ship repairs, dammit! He broods briefly then thinks, Maybe mother and father can still find a buyer, all is not lost yet.

Az Rael pulls some clothes on and starts to head downstairs when Holt pops in his doorway.

Consumer wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:00 pm Approximately five minutes later Holt appears in the door frame of Az Rael's office. "Welcome back, so let's see it, I got a laundry list of things to do today."


"Busy as a beaver I see. Sometimes it's better to delegate than to over work yourself you know." Az Rael smiles at the man and offers him his hand, "I understand your time is limited, I'll be quick. It is in the lab. Let's head down and take a look. " Az Rael leads Holt down to the lab to show him the shield they retrieved, Let's hope this is it.

Az Rael lifts the shield and passes it to Holt for examination, "Seems a bit unremarkable for Thraxus to be honest." Az Rael's eyes light up, "Might Thraxus be interested in a coffin we found?"
P.P.E.: 99 / 99
I.S.P.: 47 / 47
H.P.: 34 / 34
S.D.C.: 82 / 82

Perception Bonus: 52%
+15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% dealing with Vampires/Undead, +5% Ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic
BA-26 EBA armor M.D.C: 90 / 90

Charm/Impress: 25%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 60%
Horror/Awe Factor: 12


Az Rael
User avatar
Pertinax
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:17 am

Re: [GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Post by Pertinax »

Perception: 1d100<24: [93] = 0
JiC: 1d100: [34] = 34
JiC: 1d20: [13] = 13
Do NOT touch the tentacles wrote:"Oh. Very well, if that's how it has to be. Fine. Tentacle porn. That's one of the the 'porn arms' that I have. Don't touch it. I try not to, it never feels clean. It's been deep in unspeakable places. You know about pressure points for interrogation... I know other kinds of pressure points. In fact that one has a taint I can't scrub out. Some kind of Kreeghor-crotch-rot that I think inflects people with heavy carapace. People like you... I know it's below me and judge all you want. However, in my defense, when one is broke and starving a plate of cheeseburgers is a Plate of Cheesburgers!"
Pertinax gingerly raises his hand and takes a step away from Mungo. He wipes his hand against the wall repeatedly as he says. "I see. I have heard that conquered species do all sorts of things to survive. (I try not to think about it. Or primitives in general...)"

Killing the newcomer would be the sanitary thing to do. Cleanse the entire room with fire, and remove any utterance of the phrase 'Kreeghor-crotch-rot' from its memory. But Pertinax remembers his vow of non-violence. And they make horrible sounds when burned alive. He leans against the wall, and shifts three feet away from where he wiped his hand, just to be safe.

When Mungo formally introduces himself, Pertinax looks down at the tablet. Presumably one of the others knows Holt, there are two many non-Tarlok for Pertinax to keep track of. He raises his shoulders, shrugging at Scythe as if to say, If you believe him then we do not have to kill him, just yet.

However, Pertinax's ambivalence gives way when Mungo puts on the trideo recording of his latest 'performance'. The Dreadmaster leans his head forward, watching attentively. You should not enjoy watching violence, but this is something special. He is impressed, but it's more than that. The Staphra do not hunt average chattel, and average chattel does not fight like the octoman. The Splugorth want him dead, which makes him valuable, relatable, almost likeable.

Pertinax pulls up a chair and sits next to Mungo. "That is a quite specialty. Would you mind providing a commentary as we watch it again?" He turns to anyone else in the room and ask, "Do we have any alcohol on the premises? It would this watching more festive."
Pertinax
M.D.C.: 348/348
P.P.E.: 11/11
I.S.P.: 120/120
User avatar
Mungo
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:55 am

Re: [GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Post by Mungo »

Rolls Held
Bryke wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:02 amHahhh! This guy is hilarious! I like his hands-on approach to work as well, Hahhh! If Holt sent you, you're golden with me.
Mungo stops petting the kitten he conjured, turns and looks at Bryke and nods in appreciation. "Thank you sir! Oh, I see you're a Promethean. Well, I guess you are. I've never actually met one before, in person. Seen a bunch on the screen though. It's funny because on the trid they always seem to speak in the third person and never laugh, and here you laughing are saying 'I'! I should pen a letter to the producers of the show and protest. First person always makes one more relatable and less distant. It's always nice to have common stereotypes banished. Anyhoo, I appreciate your vote of confidence"
Pertinax wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:37 pm "That is a quite specialty. Would you mind providing a commentary as we watch it again?" He turns to anyone else in the room and ask, "Do we have any alcohol on the premises? It would this watching more festive."
Mungo lights up at the request. "Oh! A man of culture I see! I would positively love to run through and provide a commentary!" Assuming the beer doesn't take long in arriving he takes a long drink and starts. "A little back story. This one I knew. I called her 'GimpToe' as she had, still has I suppose, a mangled toe from a training accident or what have you. She was okay as far as Staphra go. She didn't eat Calamari, so I didn't abhor her as much as the others. She very much hates me though, for escaping and rendering her infertile. Hence her, shall we say, determination in trying to kill me. So for her this is exceptionally personal and the chance she's been yearning for. She needs this. For me this is like the third Wednesday of each month. Okay so the fight."

He starts the trid and starts his commentary, pausing the video when required. "She enters, we barely have time to square off and, like all the others, she attacks first. Her lunge is quite good. She fakes with the left and follows through with a shoulder barge. She was always one of the stronger ones, hence her preference for getting in very very close. Her follow though on he off hand blade catches in one of my legs. You'll see later that she manages to remove the leg rather cleanly. Now here you start to see how I deal with her, and all bipeds really, I have more arms. It's a tad unfair really but it means I can effectively defend and attack at the same time. Strike, parry, thrust, slap, back hand slap and go for the eyes. I don't really want to poke her eye out, even though I do manage it later. I want to distract her. Ouch! Yeah, those stabs really hurt. She how she was able to twist the blade? Anyway I'm trying to wrap two of my legs around one of hers... and I've got it! Now I start a counter twist friction burn. This is really important because now I have perfect 'footing' and leverage. Now I try to dislocate her shoulder... And pop! You see that?! Watch this! Bam, she pops it back in! That took me by surprise! Anyway, I keep her busy long enough for me to cast a strength spell, I was already getting tired by this stage. That's why I'm muttering. So now is where it gets interesting! The friction burn gets much tighter, the tentacle I have bothering her eye starts finding purchase, I conjure up a metal bar and use it for leverage and.... SNAP! There goes her first broken arm. However, she finds the blade stuck in my leg and pulls hard... and there goes my leg. I think it rolled under the dude's desk. See? Ha! Luckily they grow back. Anyway... I just manage to hold on and conjure a boot blade and shloop! Into her eye it goes! Then before she can recover from that I roll the bar around to the other arm and...Snap! Now she has two broken arms."

He stops the trid and has a hearty draw on his beer. "That was the crux of it really. Once I got that second arm I knew for certain that I had her and the rest I was just having fun. At some point I remembered the camera was still recording, and the is why I left her alive and pinned to the table so I could make my escape. Questions?" He ends with a question, pulls the kitten closer to him and starts gently petting it. The kitten starts to purr.
User avatar
Scythe
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:40 pm

Re: [GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Post by Scythe »

Perception: 1d100: [97] = 97 / 41%
JiC: 1d20: [10] = 10 / 1d100: [69] = 69
Raz wrote:"Sarcophagus is fake, might still be worth a few credits."
Scythe has a visible frown on his face when he hears this chirp over the radio. "Fantastic. There goes my dreams of wealth, we should look at a higher paying job soon. Raz, you should come and meet our guest." Scythe states in a voice dripping of dry humor as he truly did wish that to be a gold mine but luckily, wasn't banking on it.
Mungo wrote:"Oh, how silly of me! Where did I put my manners! Mother would not be impressed. Mungo, my name is Mungo. It's a pleasure to met you both. I suppose this is a good time to hand over the letter of introduction Mr. Holt gave me"
Scythe nods and stifles a brief laugh, his face shifting from his frown at Mungo's disposition. "Yes, a letter from Holt would do us all well as to why you are here, Mungo. You can call me Scythe." Scythe restates and then will see about a beer. "I like harder liquor, but I'll share a drink. We do have liquor around, last I checked anyways." Scythe will pass a beer assuming he finds one and will take the letter, radioing Az Rael.

"Our guest is named Mungo, and has a letter from Holt, you should drop back in, he's entertaining to say the least." Scythe will state rather shortly before returning his attention to Mungo.

Scythe will then watch the display from the Octo-man with a genuine interest. Conjuring. I've heard of it, never delved into it. Possibly a very useful discipline. And another practioner won't hurt. Scythe remarks silently to his blade. And he talks a lot. Scythe adds.

"Well then, Mungo. What are the limits of your conjuring abilities? For disclosure, I am a practioner myself, I dabble in Spacial and Temporal magic, though I am quite versed in magic as a whole. I've never delved into Conjuring specifically, however." Scythe remarks, opening the door for Pert, Bryke or Mungo to ask him about his magic, or Mungo to go on further about Conjuring.

I'm not addressing the going to the market later with Bryke as there has been a stated futility in trying to jump ahead hours during a conversation. Ask In Real Time and Scythe will express his willingness to head to Center, especially after they get paid.
“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Scythe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Ronan Deshe (Spook Squad) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)
Active Stats, Conditions and Equipment
Active Stats:
P.P.E.: 223/223 || I.S.P.: 42/42| M.D.C.: 97/97
Current Active Conditions: Horror Factor 10 || Fire/Cold 1/2 DMG || Regenerates 1d6*5 M.D.C. /minute || Sixth Sense (2) || Sense Magic in Use (400/ft) | Automatically Sense Rifts (700 miles)

Active Equipment:
Warlock Combat Armor W-F1 Model || M.D.C. by location; W-F1 Armor of Ithan: 100/100 | Shoulder(L): 100/100 \/ Shoulder(R): 100/100 | Arm(L): 120/120 \/ Arm(R): 120/120 | Leg(L): 150/150 \/ Leg(R): 150/150| Head: 80/80 | Head Armor of Ithan: 50/50| MB: 320/320
Light Concealed LLW Armor (under W-F1) || M.D.C. by location; MB: 40/40 | Arm(L):15/15 \/ Arm(R): 15/15 | Leg(L):25/25\/ Leg(R): 25/25
Altess Eviscerator (Patron) || M.D.C. 500/500 | Regenerates 2d6 M.D.C./hour | Melee DMG: 6d6 M.D.C. | Electrical Discharge; Range: Touch or up too 200', DMG: 4d6, Payload: 4 (Regenerates 4 every hour)
Phase Beamer || Range: 400', DMG 3d6 or 4d6. || Does S.D.C. to S.D.C. and M.D.C. to M.D.C. and Force fields. Does not damage armor.

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 24%
Magic (varies): +3 (+1 @ 6, 8, 11, 14)
Lethal Poison (14+): +1
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +1
Insanity (12+): +1
Psionics (varies): +2
Horror Factor (varies): +4 (+1 @ 8, 12)
Illusions (varies): +2
Mind Control (varies): +2
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1456
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: [GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Post by Consumer »

Az Rael wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:48 pm"Busy as a beaver I see. Sometimes it's better to delegate than to over work yourself you know." Az Rael smiles at the man and offers him his hand, "I understand your time is limited, I'll be quick. It is in the lab. Let's head down and take a look. " Az Rael leads Holt down to the lab to show him the shield they retrieved.
Holt shrugs. "Would if I could, but the work was delegated to me from on high." Holt says as he follows Az Rael.
Az Rael wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:48 pmAz Rael lifts the shield and passes it to Holt for examination, "Seems a bit unremarkable for Thraxus to be honest." Az Rael's eyes light up, "Might Thraxus be interested in a coffin we found?"
Holt glances at it briefly before pulling a tablet from his pocket. A few looks between the two and he nods. "Looks like it, Old man will know for sure. I'll have the payment sent to the account. That Mungo kid is talented, that's why I sent him." Holt says taking the Shield under his arm. "I can ask, but he usually does his own art shopping." Holt says before he nods and just vanishes.

In the conference room, Mungo and the Rogues get to know each other. When the discussion of proof comes up, Mungo produces a letter of introduction. It does state that Holt sent him. All in all the room seems almost jovial.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Pertinax
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:17 am

Re: [GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Post by Pertinax »

Perception 1d100<24: [29] = 0
JiC: 1d20: [15] = 15 / 1 d100: [89] = 89
Scythe wrote:"Our guest is named Mungo, and has a letter from Holt, you should drop back in, he's entertaining to say the least."
Seated next to the new team member, Pertinax picks up his radio and chimes in, "Yes. He brought a trideo recording we should all review as a team. Bring alcohol."

He turns back to Mungo and gives a toothy sneer, "Now, you said you eschewed murder? Bold strategy, but admirable. I avoid killing when possible. Restraint is admirable, it shows discipline. Such... gratuitous restraint. Tell me more about this gimp toe."

Pertinax clasps his hands and waits for the others to arrive before the next viewing of Mungo's trideo.
Pertinax
M.D.C.: 348/348
P.P.E.: 11/11
I.S.P.: 120/120
User avatar
Mungo
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:55 am

Re: [GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Post by Mungo »

JiC 1d20: [6] = 6
JiC 1d100: [44] = 44 JiC
Perception (21%) 1d100: [35] = 35
Scythe wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:41 pm "Well then, Mungo. What are the limits of your conjuring abilities? For disclosure, I am a practioner myself, I dabble in Spacial and Temporal magic, though I am quite versed in magic as a whole. I've never delved into Conjuring specifically, however."
Mungo looks over at Scythe and tilts his large bulbous head. Oh right. This guy must be a REAL MAGE. Cool. Gotcha. "Spacial and Temporal magic eh? My dear man, those are not magics that one just dabbles in. No, those are more the hitch up your skirts and dive in full-bore serious, freaking magic, how long can I stand on the edge of the abyss kind of deal, no? Time and energy, my friend I wager you've put in more than your fair share of time and energy into those two areas. Conjuring, by comparison is a mere parlor trick. Think of it as stage magic, a frivolity if you will. As for limits? Simple mechanical devices I can do, but nothing too complex like electronics. farm yard animals and a few exotics that I'm familiar with, but no monsters. It seems to me this art was created by a mage on a 'fantasy' world and was very powerful there. This world has moved on past that phase, yet my art has stayed the same, stuck in an olden day frame of reference. Oh, and I simply must know... Your name - Scythe - did you give it yourself or was it a parental choice?"
Pertinax wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:24 pm"Tell me more about this gimp toe."
Mungo looks wryly at Pertinax and takes another pull on his beer. "Gimptoe? Do I detect a romantic interest here? Why, who am I to judge? Infatuations can certainly defy logic. I can't say I knew that much about her. Let's see. 7th in the line of succession for the matriarchal position. Allied with Big Nose, Cut LIp and Red Face. Sometimes seen with Sliced Ear, Gentle Anne and surprisingly Missing Pinky. Had a real falling out with Gonorrhea Ga.. Girl. I never quite figured out what that was over but slaves don't get told much, and we never ever asked. We do however get to see a lot, observe a lot. She didn't eat calamari, but I already mentioned that. She trained quite a lot even by Staphra standards. She was working hard on her speed. She did get faster I suppose, but she was still too slow against me. She also knew of the planned mutiny, but didn't turn the conspirators in. I wonder how that turned out in the end?"

He looks around the room. "So, enough about me. Who are you guys? I mean, I know your names, but *who* are you What do you do? How do you do it? Got any trids of your work I could view?"
User avatar
Scythe
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:40 pm

Re: [GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Post by Scythe »

Perception: 1d100: [89] = 89 / 41%
JiC: 1d20: [10] = 10 / 1d100: [36] = 36
Mungo wrote:"Spacial and Temporal magic eh? My dear man, those are not magics that one just dabbles in. No, those are more the hitch up your skirts and dive in full-bore serious, freaking magic, how long can I stand on the edge of the abyss kind of deal, no? Time and energy, my friend I wager you've put in more than your fair share of time and energy into those two areas. Conjuring, by comparison is a mere parlor trick. Think of it as stage magic, a frivolity if you will. As for limits? Simple mechanical devices I can do, but nothing too complex like electronics. farm yard animals and a few exotics that I'm familiar with, but no monsters. It seems to me this art was created by a mage on a 'fantasy' world and was very powerful there. This world has moved on past that phase, yet my art has stayed the same, stuck in an olden day frame of reference. Oh, and I simply must know... Your name - Scythe - did you give it yourself or was it a parental choice?"
Scythe is visibly impressed with the response. He knows his magic, moreso than others on this crew. And he knows the reaches of his abilities. He ponders. "I use the term dabble loosely; they are certainly my areas of focus." Scythe states. "I'm not sure I'd chalk the ability to manifest something, evening for a fleeting moment, as a parlor trick. It sounds quite handy in need of quick solutions or distractions; moreso than most of my magicks." Scythe suggests before shrugging. "Ah, Scythe is well, one might call it a nickname. I am versed in the use of a full name and magic, so I tend to keep it close to my chest to avoid any unwanted ears. In time, and trust, I may say my true name again."

Scythe leans back and watches Pertinax with mild amusement as he seems enthralled by the octoman's stories. I think the tarlok found a new best friend. Murder is often the simpliest means to ensure your actions don't come back to haunt you. Can't have revenge without those who know what they lost. Scythe muses to his blade. Quite. You may well need to kill where these may abstain, for your own sake. Mercy is a crutch. Tessa replies as Scythe nods slightly, taking a sip of his drink and smiling lightly at the conversation.
Mungo wrote:"So, enough about me. Who are you guys? I mean, I know your names, but *who* are you What do you do? How do you do it? Got any trids of your work I could view?"
Scythe shrugs at the question, finishing his drink and pouring another. "We are currently employed by Thraxus, the non-Promethean Resident on Phase World. Rumor has it he has a vast array of wealth and resources; yet his payout has been less satisfactory thus far. Hopefully with more successful contracts, his payouts will increase." Scythe remarks, not hiding his distaste for their employer. "As for what we do; well, whatever we need to do. My associate mentioned restraint with murder; though that is not always an option. Sometimes, I imagine, we will be contracted to steal, to kill, to recover. I myself am hunting down artifacts of power, but my search has only just begun." Scythe explains to Mungo. "A Seljuk in our crew, Raz, is a most skilled mechanic it seems, and you can see his handiwork on our ship. Beyond that, most of our work is viewed in our success of a mission." Scythe finishes.
“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Scythe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Ronan Deshe (Spook Squad) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)
Active Stats, Conditions and Equipment
Active Stats:
P.P.E.: 223/223 || I.S.P.: 42/42| M.D.C.: 97/97
Current Active Conditions: Horror Factor 10 || Fire/Cold 1/2 DMG || Regenerates 1d6*5 M.D.C. /minute || Sixth Sense (2) || Sense Magic in Use (400/ft) | Automatically Sense Rifts (700 miles)

Active Equipment:
Warlock Combat Armor W-F1 Model || M.D.C. by location; W-F1 Armor of Ithan: 100/100 | Shoulder(L): 100/100 \/ Shoulder(R): 100/100 | Arm(L): 120/120 \/ Arm(R): 120/120 | Leg(L): 150/150 \/ Leg(R): 150/150| Head: 80/80 | Head Armor of Ithan: 50/50| MB: 320/320
Light Concealed LLW Armor (under W-F1) || M.D.C. by location; MB: 40/40 | Arm(L):15/15 \/ Arm(R): 15/15 | Leg(L):25/25\/ Leg(R): 25/25
Altess Eviscerator (Patron) || M.D.C. 500/500 | Regenerates 2d6 M.D.C./hour | Melee DMG: 6d6 M.D.C. | Electrical Discharge; Range: Touch or up too 200', DMG: 4d6, Payload: 4 (Regenerates 4 every hour)
Phase Beamer || Range: 400', DMG 3d6 or 4d6. || Does S.D.C. to S.D.C. and M.D.C. to M.D.C. and Force fields. Does not damage armor.

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 24%
Magic (varies): +3 (+1 @ 6, 8, 11, 14)
Lethal Poison (14+): +1
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +1
Insanity (12+): +1
Psionics (varies): +2
Horror Factor (varies): +4 (+1 @ 8, 12)
Illusions (varies): +2
Mind Control (varies): +2
User avatar
Az Rael
Group Leader
Posts: 221
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:34 pm

Re: [GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Post by Az Rael »

Perception: 1d100: [21] = 21 vs (55%) +15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% When dealing with Vampires or the Undead, +5% when pertaining to ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic
JIC: 1d20: [1] = 1 and 1d100: [46] = 46

Consumer wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:33 amHolt glances at it briefly before pulling a tablet from his pocket. A few looks between the two and he nods. "Looks like it, Old man will know for sure. I'll have the payment sent to the account. That Mungo kid is talented, that's why I sent him." Holt says taking the Shield under his arm. "I can ask, but he usually does his own art shopping." Holt says before he nods and just vanishes.


Az Rael is relieved when Holt confirms the shield is the indeed the right one. Well, we have that going for us. He listens closely as he explains that he did send Mungo and highly recommends him and when Holt disappears thinks to himself, Can't pass a gift horse up and all, I guess it is time to meet the new team member.

Az Rael makes his way to the downstairs conference room and sees Scythe, Pertinax and Mungo sitting and chatting. Az Rael walks toward the
Octopus offering his hand, "Mungo, I spoke with Mr. Holt directly and he tells me you come with great recommendation. I am glad to welcome you to the team, please call me Alex."

Az Rael turns to look at Scythe and Pertinax, "Surely you two have been taking care of our new guest? What did I miss?" Smiling and taking a seat he continues, oh, and Mr. Holt did in fact confirm the retrieved item to be correct so mission complete. Az Rael reaches for the conference interface, presses the call button and requests security bring some more refreshments down for the team. Turning his attention back to Mungo, "Scythe mentioned a letter as did Holt, I'll read it latter of course. Nothing is more reassuring than direct word of mouth, which I have, and am satisfied with. Tell me Mr. Mungo, are you looking for a passing job with us, or something more long term? I only ask because our work, the work we do, can sometimes create long term consequences. It is best for a potential team mate to know these things upfront."

Az Rael turns to Scythe, "No doubt you heard Raz on the radio, the coffin seems to be a fake. I still intend to try and sell it. I have no intentions on being very direct about it's origins or authenticity. I believe it will be up to the buyer to verify these things. I have reached out to some friends myself, so hopefully between Raz and I, we may be able to get something out of it."
P.P.E.: 99 / 99
I.S.P.: 47 / 47
H.P.: 34 / 34
S.D.C.: 82 / 82

Perception Bonus: 52%
+15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% dealing with Vampires/Undead, +5% Ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic
BA-26 EBA armor M.D.C: 90 / 90

Charm/Impress: 25%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 60%
Horror/Awe Factor: 12


Az Rael
User avatar
Scythe
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:40 pm

Re: [GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Post by Scythe »

Scythe wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:48 pm Perception: 1d100: [89] = 89 / 41%
JiC: 1d20: [10] = 10 / 1d100: [36] = 36
Scythe glances and gives Az a short nod as he enters. Ah, our illustrious leader. Scythe muses, taking a drink.

"He is entertaining us, or rather, me, to be fair. And that is good news, that trip would've been an enormous waste otherwise." Scythe states, and will give Az the note that he looked at if he still has it.
Az wrote:"No doubt you heard Raz on the radio, the coffin seems to be a fake. I still intend to try and sell it. I have no intentions on being very direct about it's origins or authenticity. I believe it will be up to the buyer to verify these things. I have reached out to some friends myself, so hopefully between Raz and I, we may be able to get something out of it."
"I heard, a shame. I agree with still trying to sell it. If nothing else, perhaps a collector of antiquities." Scythe suggests before pausing and adding "Did they dole out the payout?" Scythe asks.
“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Scythe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Ronan Deshe (Spook Squad) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)
Active Stats, Conditions and Equipment
Active Stats:
P.P.E.: 223/223 || I.S.P.: 42/42| M.D.C.: 97/97
Current Active Conditions: Horror Factor 10 || Fire/Cold 1/2 DMG || Regenerates 1d6*5 M.D.C. /minute || Sixth Sense (2) || Sense Magic in Use (400/ft) | Automatically Sense Rifts (700 miles)

Active Equipment:
Warlock Combat Armor W-F1 Model || M.D.C. by location; W-F1 Armor of Ithan: 100/100 | Shoulder(L): 100/100 \/ Shoulder(R): 100/100 | Arm(L): 120/120 \/ Arm(R): 120/120 | Leg(L): 150/150 \/ Leg(R): 150/150| Head: 80/80 | Head Armor of Ithan: 50/50| MB: 320/320
Light Concealed LLW Armor (under W-F1) || M.D.C. by location; MB: 40/40 | Arm(L):15/15 \/ Arm(R): 15/15 | Leg(L):25/25\/ Leg(R): 25/25
Altess Eviscerator (Patron) || M.D.C. 500/500 | Regenerates 2d6 M.D.C./hour | Melee DMG: 6d6 M.D.C. | Electrical Discharge; Range: Touch or up too 200', DMG: 4d6, Payload: 4 (Regenerates 4 every hour)
Phase Beamer || Range: 400', DMG 3d6 or 4d6. || Does S.D.C. to S.D.C. and M.D.C. to M.D.C. and Force fields. Does not damage armor.

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 24%
Magic (varies): +3 (+1 @ 6, 8, 11, 14)
Lethal Poison (14+): +1
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +1
Insanity (12+): +1
Psionics (varies): +2
Horror Factor (varies): +4 (+1 @ 8, 12)
Illusions (varies): +2
Mind Control (varies): +2
User avatar
Az Rael
Group Leader
Posts: 221
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:34 pm

Re: [GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Post by Az Rael »

Az Rael wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:10 am Perception: 1d100: [21] = 21 vs (55%) +15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% When dealing with Vampires or the Undead, +5% when pertaining to ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic
JIC: 1d20: [1] = 1 and 1d100: [46] = 46
Scythe wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:16 pm "I heard, a shame. I agree with still trying to sell it. If nothing else, perhaps a collector of antiquities." Scythe suggests before pausing and adding "Did they dole out the payout?" Scythe asks.


Az Real slumps back in the chair, "Can you even call it that?" He sighs and runs through the tally on the repairs to the ship in his head. "Holt said he would transfer the funds, I haven't checked the account yet." He looks at the new guy and sighs again.

"In all honesty, our last job or two have not been high paying jobs." Az Rael widens his hand in a showing gesture, "I think our benefactor has been testing our capabilities. Before offering us a more sizable challenge. To be fair, I haven't asked for more yet either." Az Rael cocks his head to the side, maybe I have been testing our capabilities. Maybe I have been holding us back. Maybe I should be asking for the bigger jobs.

Az Rael shakes off the thoughts and continues, "Regardless, I am not one to sit on my hands. I will be looking to make our next move as quickly as possible."

In an instant of remembrance Az turns to Scythe and Pertnax, "Ah, I almost forgot. Alvidan needed to go home. I am not sure if he will be back or not." Az Rael brushes the comment off like it is small news, quickly turning back to Mungo. "So Mr. Mungo, what would you say is your greatest talent?"
P.P.E.: 99 / 99
I.S.P.: 47 / 47
H.P.: 34 / 34
S.D.C.: 82 / 82

Perception Bonus: 52%
+15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% dealing with Vampires/Undead, +5% Ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic
BA-26 EBA armor M.D.C: 90 / 90

Charm/Impress: 25%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 60%
Horror/Awe Factor: 12


Az Rael
User avatar
Pertinax
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:17 am

Re: [GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Post by Pertinax »

<Rolls carry>
Mungo wrote:"So, enough about me. Who are you guys? I mean, I know your names, but *who* are you What do you do? How do you do it? Got any trids of your work I could view?"
"Pertinax, former Dreadmaster, currently a freelancer. Tarlok intelligence did not my departure amicably, so I understand your situation. My best work is left unseen. A trail of dead is a footprint. But really, is it murder if no one finds a body? He lets out any icy grin. Friendship goes as far as a capacity for creative, unfortunate, gratuitous, unavoidable, wonderful violence and professionalism.

A nod to Scythe confirms, he's an acceptable addition to the team.
Alex wrote:Az Rael makes his way to the downstairs conference room and sees Scythe, Pertinax and Mungo sitting and chatting. Az Rael walks toward the Octopus offering his hand, "Mungo, I spoke with Mr. Holt directly and he tells me you come with great recommendation. I am glad to welcome you to the team, please call me Alex."
Pertinax gives a withering stare at Az Rael when he enters. "I said bring alcohol. Mungo here has some very telegenic qualities. You should watch it, twice."

Pertinax shrugs off the announcement about the coffin. It was never a guaranteed money, and he was more interested in exploring the Three Galaxies and finding more leads on his own personal missions.
Pertinax
M.D.C.: 348/348
P.P.E.: 11/11
I.S.P.: 120/120
User avatar
Scythe
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:40 pm

Re: [GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Post by Scythe »

[Rolls Held]]
Az wrote:"In all honesty, our last job or two have not been high paying jobs." Az Rael widens his hand in a showing gesture, "I think our benefactor has been testing our capabilities. Before offering us a more sizable challenge. To be fair, I haven't asked for more yet either.
Scythe's brow furrows as he frowns and nods in agreement. "Then let us hope our employer is ready to increase the offer and the challenge as we go forward. Retrieving a supposed personal piece from his own past should help assuage him." Scythe states. Could make better money writing scrolls for the Warlock Market. Not that I'd consider wasting my time like that, but to further my own goals, a new source of income may be required as Thraxus is stringent. Scythe muses to himself. "The next piece moved on the board should be a larger one, one worth our time." Scythe states in response to Az making the next move. The universe is but a game set forth from the gods. Mortals, good and evil, are nothing more than a game in which the gods enjoy. This Thraxus is no different, toying with those in his employ; we must take initiative. Scythe thinks to himself.

Scythe then turns to Az at the news of Alvidan and acknowledges it with a shrug. "So he is gone then. He had seemed distanced, moreso than when I first met him." Scythe remarks. That paranoid one left without a word when I joined up as well, maybe I am just a negative magnet to the paranoid. Magic has a way of scaring those whom look at the megaverse through a tunnel. Scythe muses to his blade. Remember, Aevum, allies come and go; it is up to you to weather time and survive. Fear, paranoia, jealousy, those who harbor these can become a greater threat than hatred. Tessa remarks in her usual logic-driven sense. Ever the teacher. I have not forgotten. Scythe reaffirms.

Pert wrote:My best work is left unseen. A trail of dead is a footprint. But really, is it murder if no one finds a body?


Glancing to Pertinax, Scythe smiles at the comment. "A trail of dead is only a footprint if there are survivors to recover their fallen. No need to worry about witnesses if there are no survivors. Then, there would be no murder, and no path for revenge." Scythe says softly. Scythe then glances to Mungo with the same near-stoic grin as he awaits to hear his response to Az.
“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Scythe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Ronan Deshe (Spook Squad) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)
Active Stats, Conditions and Equipment
Active Stats:
P.P.E.: 223/223 || I.S.P.: 42/42| M.D.C.: 97/97
Current Active Conditions: Horror Factor 10 || Fire/Cold 1/2 DMG || Regenerates 1d6*5 M.D.C. /minute || Sixth Sense (2) || Sense Magic in Use (400/ft) | Automatically Sense Rifts (700 miles)

Active Equipment:
Warlock Combat Armor W-F1 Model || M.D.C. by location; W-F1 Armor of Ithan: 100/100 | Shoulder(L): 100/100 \/ Shoulder(R): 100/100 | Arm(L): 120/120 \/ Arm(R): 120/120 | Leg(L): 150/150 \/ Leg(R): 150/150| Head: 80/80 | Head Armor of Ithan: 50/50| MB: 320/320
Light Concealed LLW Armor (under W-F1) || M.D.C. by location; MB: 40/40 | Arm(L):15/15 \/ Arm(R): 15/15 | Leg(L):25/25\/ Leg(R): 25/25
Altess Eviscerator (Patron) || M.D.C. 500/500 | Regenerates 2d6 M.D.C./hour | Melee DMG: 6d6 M.D.C. | Electrical Discharge; Range: Touch or up too 200', DMG: 4d6, Payload: 4 (Regenerates 4 every hour)
Phase Beamer || Range: 400', DMG 3d6 or 4d6. || Does S.D.C. to S.D.C. and M.D.C. to M.D.C. and Force fields. Does not damage armor.

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 24%
Magic (varies): +3 (+1 @ 6, 8, 11, 14)
Lethal Poison (14+): +1
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +1
Insanity (12+): +1
Psionics (varies): +2
Horror Factor (varies): +4 (+1 @ 8, 12)
Illusions (varies): +2
Mind Control (varies): +2
User avatar
Raz I'Syul Arro
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:26 pm

Re: [GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Post by Raz I'Syul Arro »

Perception: 1d100: [94] = 94 /36%
JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13 ; 1d100: [24] = 24

Active Effects:
  • Sixth Sense
  • Horror Factor: 11
  • Keen Sense of Smell and Sharp Color vision
  • NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor: +5% to prowl skill; -70% to electronic perception/detection rolls; Masks IR and Thermal Emissions
Raz looks frustrated as he glares at Bryke for carting around such a useless thing and for making him go through the trouble of putting thought into how to sell that damn thing. "Next time you pull a stunt like this you and I are going to have more then just words." Anger and frustration come of Raz in waves. I told them not to mess with the coffins. And what happened? We got a lemon. Of course we did. Oh well. I need to calm down. Raz leaves the coffin with Bryke and heads to the conference room where the others are.

Raz enters and see's the conversation in full gear. He moves over to Az. "Alex, there is no way I can sell the damn thing. It is not worth the effort to try and off load it.""

Raz waits for an opportunity and introduces himself to Mungo, "Raz. It is a pleasure to meet you. It appears like I missed quite the conversation."
Raz I'Syul Arro

Sixth Sense
Horror Factor: 11
I.S.P.: 39/47
M.D.C.: 204/204
Half Damage from M.D. Fire and energy attacks (Including magical)

Armor
NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 40/40
  • Arms: L: 20/20 R: 20/20
  • Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30
  • Main Body: 80/80
N-F20A Medium Force Field--OFF
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 75/75
Weapons
NE-11 Slim-Line Plasma Cartridge Rifle 17/20 (NE-003PC)

Crystal Paralyzer 20/20
Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Bryke
Posts: 276
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:53 am
Contact:

Re: [GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Post by Bryke »

Perception: 34% 1d100
JiC d20/d100: 1d20/ 1d100

Conditions:
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Doesn't breathe air and is immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and has eagle-like normal vision.
Sixth Sense
HF 10

'Mungo is it? Now that you mention it I- No! This one has been referring to self differently...' Bryke self-reflects.

Oddly I- This one hadn't noticed until now.” The Promethean says directly to Mungo, but also to the room, correcting itself.

Believe the change began after I- excuse me, this one, loaded the coffin onto our ship.” Bryke looks up voice trailing and gaze far off in thought. Coming back suddenly Bryke continues, The Promethean's face lighting up all Grinch-like, “but also thought we'd make some serious cred bartering it.
Dice rolls
[roll=1]1d100[/roll]: [16] = 16
[roll=2]1d20[/roll]: [2] = 2
[roll=3]1d100[/roll]: [54] = 54
Natural Abilities
Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 83%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Ley Line Phasing: Equal to the ley line walker ability.


PPE: 236/236
ISP: 75/125
SDC: 634/634 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP: 155/155

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:

Call Names/Nicknames:
Bryke, Wraith
User avatar
Az Rael
Group Leader
Posts: 221
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:34 pm

Re: [GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Post by Az Rael »

Az Rael wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:10 am Perception: 1d100: [21] = 21 vs (55%) +15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% When dealing with Vampires or the Undead, +5% when pertaining to ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic
JIC: 1d20: [1] = 1 and 1d100: [46] = 46
Raz I'Syul Arro wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:49 pmRaz enters and see's the conversation in full gear. He moves over to Az. "Alex, there is no way I can sell the damn thing. It is not worth the effort to try and off load it.""


Az Rael looks at Raz directly, "We sell it for whatever we can get for it. 1 credit is better than no credits. This last mission is at a deficit. I have feelers out for potential buyers as well. Let's see what we can get." Az Rael cocks his head slightly, "You don't have to be exactly forthcoming with what we think we know about it. We found it, we took it, what will they offer? That's it. Whether it is fake or not is up to them to figure out. We simply let any potential buyers we have little knowledge of the item."

Az Rael then turns to Scythe, "Yes, hopefully bigger moves next!" I need to reach out to mother and father to see if they have any need of the team. Anyone quite frankly. That can pay. Do we advertise? Killers for higher? Kidnappers available? Need something stolen? No item too big or too small. Az Rael shakes his head as he considers how the group will garner more work.

Addressing the room in whole he asks, "Anyone have any thoughts on items of value we can, acquire? We are our own group, if Thraxsus doesn't have anything, we can look elsewhere." But where?, he questions himself with a sigh. I'm an assassin not a salesman. Leading this group was a stretch. How the hell am I supposed to find the work too?
P.P.E.: 99 / 99
I.S.P.: 47 / 47
H.P.: 34 / 34
S.D.C.: 82 / 82

Perception Bonus: 52%
+15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% dealing with Vampires/Undead, +5% Ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic
BA-26 EBA armor M.D.C: 90 / 90

Charm/Impress: 25%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 60%
Horror/Awe Factor: 12


Az Rael
User avatar
Mungo
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:55 am

Re: [GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Post by Mungo »

<Rolls Held>
Scythe wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:48 pm "Ah, Scythe is well, one might call it a nickname. I am versed in the use of a full name and magic, so I tend to keep it close to my chest to avoid any unwanted ears. In time, and trust, I may say my true name again."
Mungo raises an eyebrow and tilts his head. “Not saying one’s real name? Isn’t that the kind of thing only demons and deevils don’t do? Something something summoning magic? Hmmmm, I think I recall something along those lines. Had a tutor once who loved to drone on over the differences between summoning and conjuring and all the nitty gritty details that, quite frankly, I didn’t give a toss about! Still don’t to be honest.” He grabs his beer and drains the glass.
Az Rael wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:10 am "Scythe mentioned a letter as did Holt, I'll read it latter of course. Nothing is more reassuring than direct word of mouth, which I have, and am satisfied with. Tell me Mr. Mungo, are you looking for a passing job with us, or something more long term? I only ask because our work, the work we do, can sometimes create long term consequences. It is best for a potential team mate to know these things upfront."
Mungo thinks for a second and then replies. “Long term is good for me. It’s not like I have much else going on. Not much of demand for stage magicians these days.”
Az Rael wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:32 am"So Mr. Mungo, what would you say is your greatest talent?"
Mungo looks surprised by the question. “Well! That’s an interesting question indeed! Hmmmm. I would say that my greatest talent is my steadfast desire to not die. Not to blow my own trumpet, but I do think that I am remarkably hard to kill. It’s not like many people haven’t tried. Probably the one good thing about surviving Splynn and ownership by the Splugorth is that I know how to survive.”
Pertinax wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:35 am "Pertinax, former Dreadmaster, currently a freelancer. Tarlok intelligence did not my departure amicably, so I understand your situation. My best work is left unseen. A trail of dead is a footprint. But really, is it murder if no one finds a body?
Mungo taps the side of his head and leans and says quietly “Lime quarries and or pig farms. It pays to know where to find things like those when travelling to new places.”
Raz I'Syul Arro wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:49 pm"Raz. It is a pleasure to meet you. It appears like I missed quite the conversation."
Mungo shakes Raz’ hand. “Yes! I’d say you have missed quite the chat. I must say though that I am delighted to become aquatinted with you all. I do get the feeling that we shall work well together.” Yes, this seems like a bunch of ‘fine’ fellows. I have a good feeling about this. He thinks to himself as get gets another beer.
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1456
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: [GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Post by Consumer »

The group now fully gathered in the conference room, continues conversing. After a few minutes Az Rael gets a call. "Security checking in. Should I add the Octoman to the system? That way he can enter the compound."

Assuming Az Rael agrees. The conversation can move into more comfortable settings.


A few hours later, Az Rael will get a pair of messages.

Code: Select all

We don't have anyone in particular that is interested in what you asked. If I were to guess, you may want to check either an auction house or museum. In any case, be careful on whatever you are doing next. ~Mother.

Code: Select all

Alex, 
Thraxus says he can send a man to take a look at it. He was actually surprised there was anything else there. I'm guessing what you found was a later addition to where he lost the shield versus something he raided all those years before. But who really knows when millenniums have passed. Also payment is processed and now in the team's account.
~Holt
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Scythe
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:40 pm

Re: [GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Post by Scythe »

Perception: 1d100: [100] = 100 / 41%
JiC: 1d20: [7] = 7 / 1d100: [12] = 12

Conditions: Automatically Sense Active Rifts and dimensional disturbances [750 miles] | Automatically Sense Magic in Use [500 ft] | Sixth Sense [2 | Inactive] | Sustain [5 days] | Charismatic Aura [07m:30s | Aura of Trust | 60ft radius]

Skills:
Intelligence: 1d100: [94] = 94 / 63% (Ask someone who actually might know)
Public Speaking: 1d100: [67] = 67 / 58% (Talk confidently)

Invoke Trust: 1d100: [7] = 7 / 63% (Inspire Trust)

Post:

Scythe glances around the room after introductions seem to be over and upon finishing his most recent glass of alcohol, the mage stands. "I've some feelers to put out in the Warlock's Market, I will also be fashioning some more talismans. I'll be in touch." He states generally before turning to Az and adding, "If you could forward the payout to my account, that would be acceptable." Scythe states regarding mission completion payment. He will then return to the Rogue and take the time to cast both Cleanse on himself and the cloths he wears within the W-F1 and then Sustain. He then sheathes Tessa on his back to where the majority of the blade is under his cloak, sling his backpack over his shoulder and head out to the Warlock's Market on the 4th Level. During his walk, he will channel the ambient energies of the Ley Line Nexus nearby to recover his expended energies.

Upon arrival, he will seek out the guild itself and, before entering cast Charismatic Aura on himself and then enter. To the attendant, he will nod and retract his visor so his face is visible before speaking. "Good day, I am still relatively new to these parts and am seeking either a Spatial practitioner or a temporal one. Do you know if there is one who would call themselves a master in such arts lurking around this area? I would request their counsel and expertise." Scythe asks with a polite nod and slight, though practiced smile.

Total PPE Spent: 28
Recovering PPE actively from the Ley Line / Nexus as available.
Should his Sixth Sense kick off, he won't hesitate to activate Armor of Ithan from his talisman.
“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Scythe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Ronan Deshe (Spook Squad) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)
Active Stats, Conditions and Equipment
Active Stats:
P.P.E.: 223/223 || I.S.P.: 42/42| M.D.C.: 97/97
Current Active Conditions: Horror Factor 10 || Fire/Cold 1/2 DMG || Regenerates 1d6*5 M.D.C. /minute || Sixth Sense (2) || Sense Magic in Use (400/ft) | Automatically Sense Rifts (700 miles)

Active Equipment:
Warlock Combat Armor W-F1 Model || M.D.C. by location; W-F1 Armor of Ithan: 100/100 | Shoulder(L): 100/100 \/ Shoulder(R): 100/100 | Arm(L): 120/120 \/ Arm(R): 120/120 | Leg(L): 150/150 \/ Leg(R): 150/150| Head: 80/80 | Head Armor of Ithan: 50/50| MB: 320/320
Light Concealed LLW Armor (under W-F1) || M.D.C. by location; MB: 40/40 | Arm(L):15/15 \/ Arm(R): 15/15 | Leg(L):25/25\/ Leg(R): 25/25
Altess Eviscerator (Patron) || M.D.C. 500/500 | Regenerates 2d6 M.D.C./hour | Melee DMG: 6d6 M.D.C. | Electrical Discharge; Range: Touch or up too 200', DMG: 4d6, Payload: 4 (Regenerates 4 every hour)
Phase Beamer || Range: 400', DMG 3d6 or 4d6. || Does S.D.C. to S.D.C. and M.D.C. to M.D.C. and Force fields. Does not damage armor.

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 24%
Magic (varies): +3 (+1 @ 6, 8, 11, 14)
Lethal Poison (14+): +1
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +1
Insanity (12+): +1
Psionics (varies): +2
Horror Factor (varies): +4 (+1 @ 8, 12)
Illusions (varies): +2
Mind Control (varies): +2
User avatar
Az Rael
Group Leader
Posts: 221
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:34 pm

Re: [GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Post by Az Rael »

Perception: 1d100: [27] = 27 vs (55%) +15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% When dealing with Vampires or the Undead, +5% when pertaining to ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic
JIC: 1d20: [3] = 3 and 1d100: [4] = 4

Skills
Research 87% vs 1d100: [13] = 13 - identify auction houses and museums and find their contact information.
Charm/Impress: 25% vs 1d100: [3] = 3 - Try to present charismatic while speaking with the representatives he calls from the facilities

Post
Scythe wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:31 pmScythe glances around the room after introductions seem to be over and upon finishing his most recent glass of alcohol, the mage stands. "I've some feelers to put out in the Warlock's Market, I will also be fashioning some more talismans. I'll be in touch." He states generally before turning to Az and adding, "If you could forward the payout to my account, that would be acceptable."


Az Real sighs, "Yes, payment. What little we will receive for our little jaunt. Feelers are good, let me know if you get any good leads on a new job." He quickly considers Alvidan in his calculation of the team split, likely dead. Mother and father didn't sound happy. That leaves Raz, Pert, Bryke, Sythe and myself. Five to split two million. Should we leave something for the group fund?

Az turns back to Scythe after considering, "I think we have no choice but to leave the group fund out of this payment. The split will be five equals shares leaving us two hundred each. I'm not happy either so please spare me any gripes." He adds the last bit with a general look around the table at the team in general. He then accesses the computer console and makes the transaction requests with the bank.

Code: Select all

Bank of Dracul Transfer request from team funds to accounts as noted.
Pertinax - $400,000
Scythe - $400,000
Raz - $400,000
Bryke - $400,000
Az Rael - $400,000
After receiving both texts Az Rael decides it would be a good idea to explore all avenue on selling the coffin. "Raz, please follow up with your connections. Remember, something is better than nothing. Thraxsus may want it. he is sending a man to look at it, although I don't htink we should wait on that to explore our other options. Let me know what you find out about any possible jobs as well. I'm gonna look for some auction house and museums to see if there is any desire there." With that Az Stands up and starts to walk out, "Keep comms open. Pertinax, can you help our new friend pick out a room upstairs. Have security give him access tot he building as well."

On his way upstairs he stops to examine the coffin and take a couple pictures. Az Rael then makes his way to his room and starts to research possible museums and auction houses. Any he finds he will contact and provide what little information he has on the coffin, leaving out the detail that he knows the gold and jewels are fake. If requested he will email the pictures he takes for their review as well.
Last edited by Az Rael on Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
P.P.E.: 99 / 99
I.S.P.: 47 / 47
H.P.: 34 / 34
S.D.C.: 82 / 82

Perception Bonus: 52%
+15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% dealing with Vampires/Undead, +5% Ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic
BA-26 EBA armor M.D.C: 90 / 90

Charm/Impress: 25%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 60%
Horror/Awe Factor: 12


Az Rael
User avatar
Raz I'Syul Arro
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:26 pm

Re: [GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Post by Raz I'Syul Arro »

Perception: 1d100: [45] = 45 /36%
JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 ; 1d100: [71] = 71

Active Effects:
  • Sixth Sense
  • Horror Factor: 11
  • Keen Sense of Smell and Sharp Color vision
  • NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor: +5% to prowl skill; -70% to electronic perception/detection rolls; Masks IR and Thermal Emissions
Raz nods to Az as the payments are distributed and instructions are given. "You got it Alex. I will see if I can find anything through my contacts." Well I was hoping for more out of this escapade. I guess Thraxus is a little stingy with his money. Oh well. Maybe I can find something on the market for us to do. "Give me a few hours to make contact and I will see what I can find on both issues." Raz turns to Mungo, "It has been a pleasure to meet you Mungo. Let me know if you need anything."

Raz will depart the Rogues HQ and head for a computer Cafe. Raz will use the computers to access non-standard black market Job boards to see if there are any good paying jobs the rogues might be interested in. Additionally Raz will look for potential buyers interested in the coffin of a lost civilization. Once Raz is done he will head to the market district. Raz will spend several hours browsing various stores looking for potential tails. Once finished he will head to a smaller market area on a different level. Raz will be looking for individuals how he had seen earlier. Finally Raz will move to a starship repair place on a different level. Raz will talk to the repair yard about different electrical systems for ships and other things to make conversion. Raz will be looking for any people he recognized from the first two areas he was in.


Computer Operations-- 1d100: [46] = 46 /72% (To locate new job for the rogues)
Computer Operations-- 1d100: [2] = 2 /72% (To locate buyer for the coffin)
Electronic Countermeasures-- 1d100: [6] = 6 /52% (To hide activity on the computer)
Electronic Countermeasures-- 1d100: [7] = 7 /52% (To prevent back trace of location)
Intelligence-- 1d100: [17] = 17 /51% (To identify possible surveillance after leaving the computer cafe)
Raz I'Syul Arro

Sixth Sense
Horror Factor: 11
I.S.P.: 39/47
M.D.C.: 204/204
Half Damage from M.D. Fire and energy attacks (Including magical)

Armor
NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 40/40
  • Arms: L: 20/20 R: 20/20
  • Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30
  • Main Body: 80/80
N-F20A Medium Force Field--OFF
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 75/75
Weapons
NE-11 Slim-Line Plasma Cartridge Rifle 17/20 (NE-003PC)

Crystal Paralyzer 20/20
Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Pertinax
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:17 am

Re: [GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Post by Pertinax »

Perception: 1d100<24: [69] = 0
JiC: 1d20: [1] = 1 / 1d100: [58] = 58
Relevant Skills
Streetwise 1d100<41: [16*] = 1 - Establish contacts with weapons dealers
Intelligence: 1d100<64: [2*] = 1 - Get the latest gossip in the Center
Military Etiquette 1d100<80: [51*] = 1 - Ingratiate himself with the local weapons dealers

Pertinax stares blankly at his bank statement. He has never really had to manage a budget before. Tarlok military provided him with everything he needed for a mission. Even when he needed to procure resources, he preferred to pillage and leave no survivors. But now he is on his own; he is responsible for supporting himself. And for reasons he still cannot fully fathom, he has given up theft and murder. He will need to start planning.

"I will need a credistick."

Once he receives a credistick and has it linked to his account, Pertinax leaves the Rogues' base and heads to the market. If he plans on personally funding a revolution, he will need to stockpile weapons. So he walks to the weapons district. He avoids the big corporate dealers; you do not buy munitions from them, you mortgage and then pay even more. The plan is to make contacts among the less scrupulous circles around Center. He wants to hear the latest gossip from the closest sources. He needs people that can procure the exotic and customize. He understands 200,000 UTC in weapons is a down payment on clout.

He enters a few shops, makes small take with the clerks, poses hypotheticals in which to use their wares, shares war stories with any former soldiers. With any luck he will have made an 'acquaintance', someone that Pertinax can use in the near future and even help with long-term goals.* He wonders if this is what the Shertar call diplomacy. It is a means to an end, it serves a purpose, and thus Pertinax can bear to make idle chat with non-Tarlok. If things go well, he walks out of a store with a sense of satisfaction, almost pleasure. This is the second time in one day you have had a productive interaction with an alien. In fact, he almost enjoys himself.

* I'll take care of all purchases in the Mall
Pertinax
M.D.C.: 348/348
P.P.E.: 11/11
I.S.P.: 120/120
User avatar
Mungo
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:55 am

Re: [GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Post by Mungo »

JiC 1d20: [13] = 13
JiC 1d100: [14] = 14
Perception at 21% 1d100: [74] = 74

Mungo enters the base proper and is thrilled when he is shown to his room. "Nice! This is great. Way better then where I was staying up to now." He wastes no time in making himself at home while the others go out shopping. He sets himself up in front of a large Vid screen in the main living area. Oh man! I have sooooo many shows to catch up on! Lets see what kind of subscriptions these guys are running. He thinks to himself as he runs a couple of tentacles together with glee. Then he binges on trid, series after series, movies and best of all theater recordings. As the rest of the team come and go they'll probably find Mungo curled up on a couch watching TV.
User avatar
Bryke
Posts: 276
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:53 am
Contact:

Re: [GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Post by Bryke »

Perception: 34% 1d100
JiC d20/d100: 1d20/ 1d100

Conditions:
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Doesn't breathe air and is immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and has eagle-like normal vision.
Sixth Sense
HF 10

Bryke heads to its quarters to clean up via “Cleanse.” Unslinging its Naruni Heavy MD weapon, inspecting it and making a mental note to clean it when the Time Master returns. The Promethean then phase shifts it Heavy Phase Beamer from where it is on “The Ghost” bringing the coveted weapon to its hands via “Fast Draw” inspecting it, placing it too in the custom gun rack, and adding it to the mental note.

The Promethean looks around its space taking it all in, and remembering to relax, thanking “The Forge” for all it has had in life up until now. Everything that has brought Bryke to this point, appreciating the good, accepting and learning from the bad, then again appreciating the all that is.

'A good breath.' The Promethean thinks. Referring to the moment of gratitude.
**Promethean's sometimes refer to moments of clarity, epiphanies, heroic feats, etc. as “Good Breath's.” A cultural thing that has persisted even though the promethean's themselves do not physically breathe- The Exhaustive HoloVid-Encyclopedia of Promethean's (Volume 710, entry 2332)
…....................

The Time Master feels it is time to seek other avenues of power, therefore Bryke heads out to the Warlock district looking for a Techno-Wizard mentor, Phase Shifting to the place when in range, materializing near the entrance - not an uncommon site when promethean's are around – a thing that unnerves just as many as it doesn't.

Contingencies:
Using telepathy, “quietly.”
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 55% | 1d100 (not wanting to be intimidating, but if he benefits from it then he will let it be)
Through conversation, and body language The Promethean communicates to anyone there that may know something about Techno-Wizard's.
Any one know where this one could find an experienced Techno-Wizard?
Dice rolls
[roll=1]1d100[/roll]: [98] = 98
[roll=2]1d20[/roll]: [1] = 1
[roll=3]1d100[/roll]: [88] = 88
[roll=4]1d100[/roll]: [4] = 4
Natural Abilities
Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 83%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Ley Line Phasing: Equal to the ley line walker ability.


PPE: 236/236
ISP: 75/125
SDC: 634/634 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP: 155/155

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:

Call Names/Nicknames:
Bryke, Wraith
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1456
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: [GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Post by Consumer »

GM Post

Scythe; Section 4B: Warlock Market

Scythe makes his way down to the Warlock Market, it's beginning to look like it once did, the damage is mostly repaired and many of the shops are open once more, and it is lightly crowded with shoppers and sightseers. Eventually after replenishing his personal power reserves by the ambient energy in the district, Scythe makes his way to the only place that may have what he is seeking, the Institute of Magical Arts. Scythe makes his way into what he susses out as the main building on the campus, and approaches a information desk.
Scythe wrote:"Good day, I am still relatively new to these parts and am seeking either a Spatial practitioner or a temporal one. Do you know if there is one who would call themselves a master in such arts lurking around this area? I would request their counsel and expertise." Scythe asks with a polite nod and slight, though practiced smile.
The lady behind the desk while impressed by Scythe's countenance, doesn't seem thrilled at all. "You must be very new. Most folk who come here have done quite a bit of research before this point." She says with a sigh. "We do have an master on the subject you asked, whether he is available is the bigger question." She says while scrolling down a laminated list. "I'm gonna guess you are not a student here?" She says with practice. "Give me a moment to see if he's available. Whom do I tell is seeking his counsel?" Assuming Scythe answers the question, she uses her phone to call someone. Scythe can only guess the phone rings for quite a while before anything happens. "Apologies sir, I'm Ruth at admissions. I have a mister Scythe who would like to speak to you, he says he seeks counsel in spatial and temporal magic. No sir he is not a student. No sir, he's not anyone that I know, he says his name is Scythe. I suppose sir, he seems like a mage, certainly has access to magic given the aura he's got up. If that's what you wish sir, I will direct him as such. Goodday to you as well sir." Ruth says before hanging up the phone.

"He says he's willing to meet with you. He's in his office, I'll have a runner lead you there." Ruth says before hitting an intercom. "Quirk, I have a task for you. I have a man who needs led to Professor Tik'ix." Ruth says before releasing the intercom. Moments later a young looking humanoid with pale pink skin arrives. "This way sir." Quirk says before turning to lead Scythe.

Several minutes later Scythe finds himself in a cluttered office filled with knickknacks and esoteric objects from across time and dimensions. Seated in the leather chair behind the desk is a Temporal Raider, unlike the ones Scythe has dealt with in the past, this one looks ancient. "Scythe, to what do I owe the visit?"

Az Rael; Skyline Pads: Rogue's HQ
Az Rael does his banking grumbling the whole time. After giving a few orders, Az Rael examines the Coffin, even taking some pictures, before begining to perform research on possible buyers. Some time passes when the security guard calls Az Rael. "Sir, there is a man here to see you about the object, as he said." The guard says in his usual monotone.

Az Rael finds a bookish looking man with a leather case in hand standing at the security checkpoint. "Hello, I'm Braxtun Schuster of Schuster & Schuster LLC. I was asked to stop by and appraise a object of art by my client." The man says in a reedy voice.

Raz; Section 2 Gateland: Spacetown

Raz heads into Center proper, to find someplace to privately send out feelers for work and possible buyers for the coffin. He finds a small coffee house, while they don't have computers to use, they do have free wireless connections to the cities internet system. Raz's estimate of hours was fairly apt, as it takes him several hours of both fruitless and possibly fruitful searching to come to some answers. On the subject of work, Raz doesn't find anything that is paying well enough to even warrant a single member of their team, or they are jobs far too large for the Rogues, it seems at the moment that the possible good jobs are dried up. On the subject of buyers for the coffin, Raz gets two hits. One seems to be an antiquities dealer who buys alien artifacts, while the other is a foreign museum. Neither offers a price without seeing the object first, but both are willing to send appraisers to examine them.

Raz takes another hour to clear his trakcs, and heads off into the town and tries to see if anyone is following him. In the end it doesn't appear that Raz has gained any tails, and he feels free to move on with other tasks as he sees fit.

Pertinax; Section 4A Naruni Free Trade Zone

Pertinax heads down to the free trade zone to look into fueling a revolution. So he wanders the various weapon halls and takes in the sights so to speak. Pertinax takes the time to converse with several of the vendors, but is a bit disturbed that they all seem to have the same face (Uteni Sales People). Though in the process of making friends, a friendly alien named Zerk (a Uteni) gossips with Pertinax, getting him a few interesting rumors. (See PM). In the end, Pert makes some purchases and a potential friend, but finds the number of weapons purchased to be woefully small for what is needed.

Mungo; Skyline Pads: Rogue's HQ

Mungo, the newest member of the Galactic Rogues can see when a group is in between things or not, and the Rogues are most definitely between things right now. So he does what any normal creature who had little and suddenly has luxury, he abuses it. Mungo finds the screens to be top tier, and the access to media almost absolute. So much enjoyment is had, topped off with a hotel quality kitchen manned by automatons, the snacks can flow without interruption.


Bryke; Section 4B: Warlock Market

Bryke heads to the Warlock Market to look into a new profession. Brykes best bet is one of the schools in the Warlock Market, specifically The Techno-Masters' Guild. His approach to the building is unorthodox and flashy at best. Once inside the main building, he finds an admissions desk, behind the desk is a young Dwarf with a unusually designed hat and goggles combination.
Bryke wrote:“Any one know where this one could find an experienced Techno-Wizard?”
Bryke waits for a response, but the dwarf behind the desk just kind of watches him. "Can I help you?" the Dwarf asks confusedly. "Because if you're here to loiter, I'm gonna have to ask you to leave." The dwarf finishes.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Az Rael
Group Leader
Posts: 221
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:34 pm

Re: [GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Post by Az Rael »

Perception: 1d100: [6] = 6 vs (55%) +15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% When dealing with Vampires or the Undead, +5% when pertaining to ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic
JIC: 1d20: [7] = 7 and 1d100: [77] = 77

Skills
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100: [76] = 76 vs 60% - Install Trust in the buyer.

Az Rael settles into the long work of "research" as he begins the task of finding a buyer, why does it feel like I find myself behind this computer more than my blade?, he wonders to himself when the guard calls over his private channel.

Consumer wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:11 am Some time passes when the security guard calls Az Rael. "Sir, there is a man here to see you about the object, as he said." The guard says in his usual monotone.


Hmm, that was quick. Maybe there is some interest after all. I will have to thank Holt the next time I see him. Az Rael makes his way downstairs to the security checkpoint and greets the gentlemen. He offers his hand in greeting, "Pleased to meet you, my name is Alex."

Consumer wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:11 am Az Rael finds a bookish looking man with a leather case in hand standing at the security checkpoint. "Hello, I'm Braxtun Schuster of Schuster & Schuster LLC. I was asked to stop by and appraise a object of art by my client." The man says in a reedy voice.


Az Rael listens to the man's introduction and smiles, "Great! Wonderful. A gentlemen from Dewey, Cheetahm and Howe just left. I am not sure what his interest level is yet but I would be more than happy to show you the item." No reason to let him think he is our sole interest at the moment. Az Rael turns and opens the security door, "If you would follow me please." He leads the man to the coffin and offers it for inspection.

"We found it on an, expedition. The planet was pretty barren. Unfortunately I know very little about it. Please take you time and look it over. Can I get you a beverage while you are working?"

Az Rael take a moment turns and texts the team,

Code: Select all

Potential buyer looking the coffin over. I will update you all shortly so we don't 
duplicate efforts. Any news on potential work? 
P.P.E.: 99 / 99
I.S.P.: 47 / 47
H.P.: 34 / 34
S.D.C.: 82 / 82

Perception Bonus: 52%
+15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% dealing with Vampires/Undead, +5% Ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic
BA-26 EBA armor M.D.C: 90 / 90

Charm/Impress: 25%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 60%
Horror/Awe Factor: 12


Az Rael
User avatar
Mungo
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:55 am

Re: [GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Post by Mungo »

JiC 1d20: [2] = 2
JiC 1d100: [30] = 30
Perception: vs 21% 1d100: [87] = 87

Mungo will continue his life of comparative luxury. While catching up on all the media and food he's been missing, due to his poverty, it does occur to him that he really should be doing.... well, something. At some stage, I guess we'll head out on a job. I should really get ready for that... Oh look! a new season of 'Square Eye for the Hip Guy' I love that show. The IT chap is hilarious. Even though he doesn't mean to be... Oh gooody!

As people wander past he'll halfheartedly ask if they need help. "Oh hai. You good? Need any help? I can pause the screens. Just let me know."
Locked

Return to “Phase World: Center”