The Spire

Dimensional Nexus of the Megaverse

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Kar Fallax
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon May 18, 2020 7:02 am

Re: The Spire

Post by Kar Fallax »

Kar Fallax wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 1: 1 vs 24%
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 7: 7 and Original post: 1d100 = 43: 43
Kaedras Starfall wrote:When Kaedras sees the Thropo, He strides forward and extends a hand.

"I am Kaedras, of House Idralion on Alfheim. It is my pleasure to make your acquaintance, Master Kar." Turning to Starchief, he offers an introduction. "This is Starchief, commander of the Galactic Adventurers."


When Kaedras approaches the ape, Cesar looks him up and down, His lieutenant, maybe. Forward, confident for sure. Cesar reaches out and takes the elf's hand. "Yes, many have told me the same." Kar turns to address the man Kaedras identified as the Commander when the Ratanoid walks to him.

Sorrenson wrote:When Kar introduces himself Sorrenson wanders right up to him. Let's see what this guy is like.

"Hiya, I'm Sorrenson. I'm a techno wizard. You look big and tough, what do you do exactly? You've got lotsa scars dude, have you considered wearing armor? Do you like my robe?"


Kar looks upon the ratanoid confused, What makes this strange little rat so bold? he wonders to himself. "Do you always talk so much?" Kar turns to Starchief, "Is the Rat with you? Kar stands stoic and stiff, The man explained the team was "different", but this is unexpected. Kar's thoughts quickly turn to his youth, of all the times his peers underestimated him. The great Thraxus has them in his employ for a reason. Don't underestimate them. Kar turns back to Sorrenson, in a gruff, serious voice, "Your robe. It. Is. Nice."
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: The Spire

Post by Juan Echo »

Perception (27%): 1d100 = 57: 57
JiC: 1d20 = 1: 1/ 1d100 = 51: 51

Before meeting with Thraxus
Like the other Adventurers, Juan is quietly cleaning the cargo bay of dead ducks when the deevil manifests. He looks at with a mixture of contempt and disinterest. It's a deevil, by its very nature it is far below the empathy of a God, let alone one of the Yayamama Pantheon. But he listens when it speaks
deevil wrote:<<Elf-child- heed me for there is little time! Haad has… go…to…Battlefield…>>
Urqos Kaedras wrote:"This was the thing that contacted me on Seeron, that warned me of Haad in the first place. How it found us here - and what exactly just happened to it - is of much concern to me. Its message was incomplete. It mentioned Haad by name, then only said 'go to battlefield' before it met its ugly end. I cannot begin to discern the meaning of this cryptic utterance."
Urqos Metri wrote:"At great cost the delivery of the message was. Willing to sacrifice itself the messenger was. Dire implications. Perhaps underestimate the power and threat level of Haad we have."
"Better it dead than on this ship with us," the Wanderer says with a derisive snort. "We must be careful how much we trust such a thing. It is demon, below Urqos, below animal, below even an inanimate object. It is evil, evil, evil. And it has a motive for reaching out to us beyond help."

It is all rather curious. Haad is evil. She serves a false prophet (then again, all prophets (as opposed to priests, who served a practical ministerial purpose) were false to the Yayamama; after all why would a God need someone to announce His greatness to the Three Galaxies), had been involved in horrific experiments that could only be the work of pure evil, and was caught trying to sow dissent among her supposed allies. All normal evil behavior. So why were deevils giving up her plans? Was she working with forces even more sinister? The technology they say on Seeron was something beyond even what they had seen on Cormal. And that is if (IF) this wasn't all a trap created by a grim sadist to lure them to another savage beating. Juan gives a suspicious look to Kaedras, then Metri, and then to Starchief.

At Thraxus'
Juan doesn't say anything during the debriefing. He is not here to hobnob with his fellow deities, and so he defers to the senior members of his team. He notices that Metri takes umbrage with Thraxus' tone. One one hand he can empathize with the diminutive mortal. He is long lived for a larva, and it shows in his empathy. But Juan knows the burden of a God better than any of his teammates. With the exception of Starchief, they have never had to command armies into battle, to die senselessly on a field while the commanders are locked in a different kind of struggle. The giddy thrill of rushing into battle is dulled by the aftermath, but after over a thousand years of deific rule those hordes begin to bleed together and with a few notable exceptions. To dwell on each one would take longer than he planned to live, more than the span of a few generations of Yayamama deities. And life is ephemeral, even that of a God, all will be forgotten in time, like Whatshisface and Whozat and Thatoneguy.

Urqos Metri's empathy, though, goes beyond that, Juan thinks. Even if he was immortal, he would still care for every Urqos. It is what Juan admires most in Metri, showing that the spirit of an Urqos can be greater than that of even the most powerful deity on Phase World. Juan pats the mage's shoulder and is about to add his support when Sorrenson chimes in.
Urqos Sorrenson wrote:"... Actually you know what, never mind. I'm in no state or position to lecture anyone about anything. I do feel fabulous in this robe though."
With a knowing chuckle, Juan looks at his little friend and says, "You do! In fact you look like you have been dressed by the Gods. You are as resplendent as the most debauched House Uroqs I have ever 'known'. Maybe you don't have as fuckable of a chin..." He pauses for a moment. Classic Jonny diplomacy, brother. Defuse a situation by getting the drunkest Urqos in the room ever more fucked up, it's what I do, sister. The fact that it works is beyond us, true. Now stop thinking of what you would stick in someone's dimple. "... but that's a story for later. Perhaps over a nice brown liquor slushy?"

Walking out, Juan spots the new recruit. The Wanderer stops for a moment, to size him up. There is a scrappiness to this one, he thinks counting at least a dozen tiny scars on his face. It's the face of a survivor.
Urqos Kar wrote:"Is the Rat with you? Your robe. It. Is. Nice."
"Greetings Urqos Kar," Juan replies with quick cheer and extending an arm. "Yes, Urqos Sorrenson is our resident technical genius. "I am Juan Echo, the Wandering God of the Yayamama Pantheon. Welcome to the team. You look like you are ready for a battle, which is good. We'll need as many strong arms as possible for our next trip. I think Urqos Sorrenson's robe is made to drape the Center in crimson. Perhaps you'd like to join us for drinks, and stories of our most glorious battles and most vicious orgies?"

As they depart Thraxus' manor, Juan will lead anyone who wants to blow off some steam down to one of the lower levels for a night and early morning out. When Juan returns to the DSM early, he is casually slurping on a brown liquor slushy. He arrives in time for Sorrenson's debriefing, and agrees to all his suggestions.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 300/300
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 76/76

May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
User avatar
Starchief
Group Leader
Posts: 511
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)
Contact:

Re: The Spire

Post by Starchief »

Perception: 1d100 = 48: 48/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 19: 19/ 1d100 = 14: 14

Onboard

Starchief is surprised (!) by the appearance of the ghastly deevil that tries to communicate with Kaedras, but is cut short.
Kaedras Starfall wrote:He turns to Starchief. "Its message was incomplete. It mentioned Haad by name, then only said 'go to battlefield' before it met its ugly end. I cannot begin to discern the meaning of this cryptic utterance."
"We've barely left Seeron and she's already up to more evil. I hope that hag meets her end soon. Preferrably at blaster point. Go to battlefield? Which one? That's what we do."

At the Sportsball game

Starchief leads the group into the arena, observing this new game for the first time as he approaches Thraxus. He shrugs off the motley crew comment but listens as Metri does not. Best to not upset the man behind the missions. But he's right. Respect is due here. Starchief gives his briefing and notes the information regarding Battlefield. When asked if there is anything else, he adds in "Out of respect for our long-lasting, positive, and mutually beneficial working relationship, I'll put this next part as politely as I can. You knew the location of my home planet and knew that I was lost. That information would have made me whole yet you kept it from me. You owe me. You can make that right by using your vast influence to convince the Consortium to send aid to Seeron." Whether or not he physically acknowledges the point is of no concern to Andra. I know you heard me you smug son of a bull.

He leads the team out of the game and to the landing pad where he sees the ape with the guns.
Kaedras Starfall wrote:
Kar wrote:"I am Kar."
"I am Kaedras, of House Idralion on Alfheim. It is my pleasure to make your acquaintance, Master Kar." Turning to Starchief, he offers an introduction. "This is Starchief, commander of the Galactic Adventurers."
Kar Fallax wrote:Kar turns to Starchief, "Is the Rat with you?
"That I am. That he is. Kar, tell me about yourself. We are always excited about new blood in the crew. Don't let Juan Echo make you wear the red shirt."


At the meeting

Starchief rolls out of bed and gets himself dressed before heading out to the lounge. He grabs entirely too much food from the buffet and two cups of coffee. He hears out Sorrenson's two points as attentively as he can while scarfing down his food. When the forum opens, he starts off with "OK, point 3 is I call the meetings! I'm the Captain. Although, this buffet is pretty sweet and the caff is warm and all of your points make sense and would be... you know what. You get to call the meetings from now on. On to your points. "

"1. We went in without any understanding of what we would be up against. We thought we were checking out an hospital/orphanage and ended up in a biological power armor factory full of our worst enemies. That being said, it would have been nice to have had the armor on. Teleporter is fine, but don't break the DSM... more... than... the teleporter is fine."

"2. Yes. We definitely pay someone else to do it. You should definitely oversee. You're the tech guy. But who do we pay?"
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image
Ledger
User avatar
Metri
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 273
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)
Contact:

Re: The Spire

Post by Metri »

((rolls carried over))

Assuming combat between Metri and Thraxus does not ensue, the Yhabbayar will respond the next morning to Sorrenson's call.
Sorrenson wrote:The next morning Sorrenson calls a meeting. He clearly spent time getting the lounge cleaned up and organized. There is space for everyone and he has a breakfast buffet ready, of course including strong coffee. He stands at the head of the table, looking clean and crisp. There is no sign of the cooking oil he was slathered in yesterday. He is holding a clipboard and is fully clothed wearing a white lab coat. This is serious Sorrenson. He clears his throat and gets started.

"Good Morning everyone. Just so you know - I'm recording this meeting and will have minutes drawn up to be distributed afterwards. I've called this meeting for several reasons:
1. So we can discuss what went wrong on Seeron and how we can avoid it in the future.
2. So we can discuss what we need to do as a group to get DSM repaired as soon as possible.

From my point of view regarding number 1: Tactics aside as it's not my forte - you've seen me fight so you'll know what I mean. I think we ran out of ammo, armor and in my case mana. So what I suggest is that we use the TW teleporter - that we already have by the way - to set up a system whereby we can teleport more gear to ourselves in the field. I have several ideas on how we can do this, but I'll need some time to work out the details. Are you all okay with me playing around with the TW teleporter on the Arcane Shuttle Mark XV (Modified)? By play around with I mean set up a beacon system of sorts to the porter can port to us accurately each and every time. The goal would be that we could port ourselves more gear, ammo, armor or whatever we need - up to two tons - when we need it out in the field.

Now, for number 2 I suggest that we pay someone else to do it. I can oversee it, but hot damn there is a lot of work to be done here. Way more than Maris and I can deal with in a timely manner.

Okay, lets discuss."
Metri helps himself to some eggs, bacon and toast. I wonder how Sorrenson managed this given the state of the galley. Maybe Icky felt good enough to cook this morning. Or perhaps he ordered catering. Then sits himself down at the table and listens to their resident techno-wizard genius. In general, Metri will allow others to speak before him, but he does have some opinions regarding the two topics being discussed and will share when given the opportunity.
Starchief wrote:"OK, point 3 is I call the meetings! I'm the Captain. Although, this buffet is pretty sweet and the caff is warm and all of your points make sense and would be... you know what. You get to call the meetings from now on. On to your points. "

"1. We went in without any understanding of what we would be up against. We thought we were checking out an hospital/orphanage and ended up in a biological power armor factory full of our worst enemies. That being said, it would have been nice to have had the armor on. Teleporter is fine, but don't break the DSM... more... than... the teleporter is fine."

"2. Yes. We definitely pay someone else to do it. You should definitely oversee. You're the tech guy. But who do we pay?"
Starchief's words on point 1 are met with agreeable nods from Metri, he also thinks that much of what went "wrong" on Seeron was due to the volatile and unexpected nature of the enemy that managed to surprise them.

"Subject to harassment several times from this team we have. Always armed with more information about us than we on them, they are. Gain more information on them our best option is. But lacking ideas I am. A difficult and unknown organization they are. If skirmish with them again, change the battle tactics we should. Prepared we should be to swap combat partners to disrupt their pre-planned tactics." The Yhabbayar's brow furrows uncertain if his point was adequately made.

"Also," Metri says to Sorrenson, abruptly changing the topic, "Ask DSM, or Datephus, permission you should before changes make. Only polite it is." He offers a confusingly mysterious smile and does not go into detail about their essence-consuming mystical hybrid AI.
User avatar
Kar Fallax
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon May 18, 2020 7:02 am

Re: The Spire

Post by Kar Fallax »

Kar Fallax wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 1: 1 vs 24%
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 7: 7 and Original post: 1d100 = 43: 43
Starchief wrote:"That I am. That he is. Kar, tell me about yourself. We are always excited about new blood in the crew. Don't let Juan Echo make you wear the red shirt."


The ape's mouth and nose scrunch, Straight and to the point. As the simian begins to speaks he straightens his back proudly, "I, am a warrior! What else, would you need to know?" The red shirt comment is lost on him and he adds to his reply, "I will wear my own shirt." Kar will follow the group if invited, wondering, how did the position here become open? I will need to ask. When the time is right."

At the meeting

Kar stands in the back of the room, listening to the group discuss, Worst enemies? Who is this foe they fear so much? He decides not to ask the question out loud and does his best to watch those around him to try to figure out the answer on his own.
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 319
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)
Contact:

Re: The Spire

Post by Sorrenson »

<Rolls held>
Kar Fallax wrote:"Do you always talk so much? Is the Rat with you?...Your robe. It. Is. Nice."
Sorrenson smiles and nods appreciatively. He turns to the others. "Can we keep him? He's got smarts, this one. Shook off his prejudice towards rats on the fly. Pulled it right back in and even ended with an insincere compliment. Pretty smooth for a beefed up tough guy." He turns back to Kar. "Welcome to the GA! You'll be fine. Were you military? You look like you were military. Well, we're not. Ha ha! I mean I'm not." He pauses for a second, stares off into the distance then comes back. "Man, Carmen's gear really does deliver." He then just sort of pads off towards the ship.
Starchief wrote:"Yes. We definitely pay someone else to do it. You should definitely oversee. You're the tech guy. But who do we pay?"
Sorrenson frowns. Hmmm. That's a tough one. I knew of some yards with good reps before the Demons shat all over things. I don't even know who is even still operational. "Yeah, we're gunna have to look into that. I've put out feelers, but I don't know who is operational at the moment or not." Oh, hang on. Sorrenson looks up at the ceiling. "Datephus, hi... I guess you were listening in. Anyway, do you have a preference on who does the repairs? It's your 'body' after all..." He asks, not really expecting an answer.
Metri wrote:"Ask DSM, or Datephus, permission you should before changes make. Only polite it is."
Sorrenson nods. Doh! Manners and all that. So hard to remember... "Oh Datephus, hi again. Are you okay with me trying to refine and improve the teleportation system?" he asks the ceiling.

Sorrenson notes that Kar is standing at the back, saying nothing. He opens up his comms and sends him a data pack. "Hey, Kar. I've just sent you recordings from my drones of the fight we're talking about. Take a look and if you've got anything to say about it let us know. We'll be going up against these guys again."
User avatar
Kaedras Starfall
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: The Spire

Post by Kaedras Starfall »

(Rolls carried over)
Pre-meeting
Metri wrote:"At great cost the delivery of the message was. Willing to sacrifice itself the messenger was. Dire implications. Perhaps underestimate the power and threat level of Haad we have."
Kaedras contemplates this for a moment. "That seems certain. We did not expect her to be in league with Necrols, and we also did not expect her to have a backup plan in place so soon after we destroyed the necrol facility. She is deeply rooted, it would seem, and we must take care to be thorough in digging them all out."
Juan wrote:"Better it dead than on this ship with us,"
"I agree completely. The thought of never again sharing my mental space with it's evil brings me relief."
Juan wrote:"We must be careful how much we trust such a thing. It is demon, below Urqos, below animal, below even an inanimate object. It is evil, evil, evil. And it has a motive for reaching out to us beyond help."
Kaedras nods. "Certainly. While we did not trust it's first missive regarding Haad, it did turn out to be correct. And for this, it appeared to know it was risking it's immortal life in delivering this message - confusing though it may be. As before, we should verify what it said, but proceed with the utmost caution. For it is certain that whomever it served has goals we are not privy to, and that we should lot, I think, like to see."
Starchief wrote:"We've barely left Seeron and she's already up to more evil. I hope that hag meets her end soon. Preferably at blaster point. Go to battlefield? Which one? That's what we do."
"That bothered me. It did not say 'go to the battlefield'. But rather, 'go to Battlefield'. This may be because it did not have time to address us thoroughly, but it may be that 'Battlefield' is the name of a particular place. It bears investigating."

The Meeting

Kaedras listens as Metri and Sorrenson take Thraxus to task for his dismissive attitude toward the lives of their compatriots.

He must be very old indeed, to have so inured himself to death. It is not wise, however, to be dismissive of your servants. I shall have to treat this one very cautiously - his interests appear to be so far removed from those affecting 'mere mortals' that there must be areas where they do not align at all.

As Starchief lays out a list of grievances with the immortal, Kaedras pays close attention. The relationship with this patron is razor-thin, and as sharp, it would seem. Demanding aid for Seeron is a just penance for keeping this information - I hope this ploy gains traction. For my part, I shall have to contact Alfheim sooner than I had hoped, and ask them to send aid as well. I know Seeron is out of the UWW jurisdiction, but they can send aid in discrete other ways. I shall have to word my request very carefully.

Meeting Kar
Juan wrote:"I am Juan Echo, the Wandering God of the Yayamama Pantheon. Welcome to the team. You look like you are ready for a battle, which is good. We'll need as many strong arms as possible for our next trip. I think Urqos Sorrenson's robe is made to drape the Center in crimson. Perhaps you'd like to join us for drinks, and stories of our most glorious battles and most vicious orgies?"
As Juan addresses Kar, Kaedras places himself behind and to the side of the Wandering God, to be able to make eye contact with the Thropo without being seen. At the offer of joining Juan on a night of debauchery, Kaedras' eyes go uncharacteristically wide, and he shakes his head 'no' slightly.
Kar wrote: "I, am a warrior! What else, would you need to know?"
Kaedras nods. "For my own part I would like your definition of 'warrior'. It means different things to different people, all of whom use the same word to express different concepts. Among my people, to be called a warrior is the highest honor, for it means you fight unreservedly for the protection of innocents and the promulgation of justice. But among others, it means, simply, 'killer'. Which sort are you?"

Sorrenson's meeting
Sorrenson wrote:So what I suggest is that we use the TW teleporter - that we already have by the way - to set up a system whereby we can teleport more gear to ourselves in the field. I have several ideas on how we can do this, but I'll need some time to work out the details. Are you all okay with me playing around with the TW teleporter on the Arcane Shuttle Mark XV (Modified)? By play around with I mean set up a beacon system of sorts to the porter can port to us accurately each and every time. The goal would be that we could port ourselves more gear, ammo, armor or whatever we need - up to two tons - when we need it out in the field.
Kaedras nods. "For my own part, you are correct. I ran out of arrows - a failing I intend to remedy as thoroughly as possible. That said - your solution seems both ingenious and elegant - teleporting gear to our location - or teleporting injured comrades to safety - remotely, is as creative a solution to a problem as I've ever seen. I do hope it works, and - if you have need of a skilled pair of hands, I am able to duplicate the skills of those I am near through employment of my mental abilities, so I will be willing to lend a hand as needed, at your request."

"This ability, also, may allow me to assist you in directing the repairs. I am at your disposal."
Starchief wrote: "OK, point 3 is I call the meetings! I'm the Captain."
Kaedras smiles, and pretends to write in an imaginary notepad. "Note... cancel... meeting... for... tomorrow..."

Later

Kaedras, dismayed at his low supply of remaining arrows, heads for the Mall to procure more.
Last edited by Kaedras Starfall on Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kaedras Starfall
I.S.P.: 6/188
M.D.C.: 45/45

Psionic Crystal Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 22 each
Main Body: 35/35
Psionic Force Field: 70/70 (Can be used 4 times per 24 hour period without I.S.P. cost to user)


Aldón MDC: 125/150

Water Relic PPE: 110/300
User avatar
Mara
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:25 pm

Re: The Spire

Post by Mara »

Perception: 1d100 = 79: 79 / 65% (95% when dealing with vampires or undead)
JiC: 1d20 = 11: 11 1d100 = 46: 46

Conditions:

As the demon dies and the Elf relays what was said, "Just lovely, Haad was trouble and I guess the trouble isn't done with us yet."

At he meeting with Thraxus, Mara almost smiles, but doesn't. Come on, you all know who you are working for! Damn, Sorrenson must have been through a lot since I've been gone, snapping off to Thraxus like that. He would never have done that before. As Mara didn't start this job with the Adventurers, she just listens and stays out of it.

While meeting Kar, She gives the Ape a serious looking over and shrugs her shoulders, We'll see if he has the stuff. Seen too many come and go to be impressed by an Ape. She does say, "Welcome, my name is Mara."

At the meeting with Sorrenson, "I just your judgment Sorrenson, you come up with too many interesting ideas. I won't be any help with the repairs, but let me know if you need anything from me. I am gonna sleep for a few days and heal up. Then I plan on doing a little shopping and I may get a little training." She returns to her rack after the meeting.
Mara Archerean

PPE: 198 / 288
ISP: 75 / 85
MDC: 381/381
H.F.: 14
Heart in Chains Tattoo: 450/450 MDC(inactive)

Constant: Sixth Sense

Soundtrack:
''Zombie'' by Damned Anthem
Evanescence - Bring Me To Life (Ghost in the Machine Remix)
Adele vs. Linkin Park - Set Fire To The End
Tomorrow We Fight
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: The Spire

Post by Juan Echo »

Perception (27%): 1d100 = 78: 78
JiC: 1d20 = 3: 3/ 1d100 = 72: 72

Still before meeting with Thraxus
Urqos Kaedras wrote:"Certainly. While we did not trust it's first missive regarding Haad, it did turn out to be correct. And for this, it appeared to know it was risking it's immortal life in delivering this message - confusing though it may be. As before, we should verify what it said, but proceed with the utmost caution. For it is certain that whomever it served has goals we are not privy to, and that we should lot, I think, like to see."
Juan nods. "The deevil seems, or rather seemed, to be telling the truth. But sometimes the truth is far more dangerous than a lie. Perhaps it is leading us to a trap," he shrugs. "But I am more concerned that it is in fact trying to help us. It very well could have come to us on some demon lord's request. And we will want to know who and why it opposes Haad." He pauses and gives an almost imperceptible shudder. "Or worse. Imagine the kind of evil that would scare a deevil to act independently of its master. Wait, we don't have to. We saw what was on Seeron and it rivaled Cormal."

Outside of Thraxus'
Having finished their meeting with Thraxus, Juan is ready to unwind. When he suggests getting drinks, he notices that most of the Adventurers are cold to the idea. Some Urqos need peace and quiet to recover. Which is their loss. But from the corner of his eye, Juan notices Kaedras reaction. If anyone needs to let his snowy white hair down, it is the star-elf. Juan's grin grows.
Urqos Kar wrote:"I, am a warrior! What else, would you need to know? I will wear my own shirt"
Urqos Kaedras wrote:"For my own part I would like your definition of 'warrior'. It means different things to different people, all of whom use the same word to express different concepts. Among my people, to be called a warrior is the highest honor, for it means you fight unreservedly for the protection of innocents and the promulgation of justice. But among others, it means, simply, 'killer'. Which sort are you?"
Juan's grin continues to grow. "Urqos Kaedras, there is a time and place for asking those questions," he says in a mock scolding tone. "And I know the perfect bar to have this discussion. It's a sleepy little dive in Level 6. Run by real salty of the earth Urqos.* We can trade war stories and maybe test our fighting skills with a bouncer or too." He puts his arm firmly around Kaedras' neck and continues, "Come Urqos Kaedras! I'm going to show you how to enjoy all the things that we fight to defend!"

The next morning
Aside from the brown liquor slushy, Juan returns wearing a completely different set of clothing, a red shirt with the word 'GRONK', whatever that means, printed on its front and back and emblazoned in gold, and a pair of blue board shorts. He is also wearing a pair of cheap sunglasses that are hiding a puffy glowing welt under his left eye.

If Kar decides to join Juan on this misadventure, Juan will enter the DSM laughing and saying, "... threw him across the stage and by Jove! You dethroned him as king of the bar. That's why they were all shouting as we left." With his free hand he pounds his chest and shouts, imitating the patrons at one of the many bars they visited, "HAIL CESAR!"
Urqos Metri wrote:"Subject to harassment several times from this team we have. Always armed with more information about us than we on them, they are. Gain more information on them our best option is. But lacking ideas I am. A difficult and unknown organization they are. If skirmish with them again, change the battle tactics we should. Prepared we should be to swap combat partners to disrupt their pre-planned tactics."
Juan nods in agreement. "Yes. The Invincible Guardsman seemed to be designed to neutralize our strengths. A flexible battle plan makes sense. If we coordinate properly, we can shift mid-fight to throw them off guard. Wise as ever, Urqos Metri."

After the briefing, Juan returns to his quarters and finds a message waiting for him:
Joan Echo wrote:My dearest Jonny,
I woke up yesterday to the smell of soup. I can only imagine what kind of adventures you are having now. I have so many questions for you. How many Urqos have you met? Will you bring any for me to know? I hope you didn't make the soup too hot and burn some poor Urqos throat. How was the dipping sauce? Did it make all the difference?
I'm sorry to write again so soon, but this trip of yours feels different. I get this sense that you might not make it back to Yaya. Please be careful, because something evil is creeping into my dreams, and that can only mean you are doing something dangerous.
Lo-La feel the same way even if they won't say it. Lo has decided to use your 'death' as a reason to invade Mama. He says the fighting has been good, and La wrote to say she wishes you could have led the vanguard.
I will keep writing, because when I do I can feel that you are still alive wandering the Three Galaxies.
Love,
Joni
Juan lets out a heavy sigh. She's right to be worried. Her voice, lilting in the back of his head, has said the same thing over and over again. He looks around his still messy room. While his EBA is unscratched, he lost another, brand new armor on Seeron. He will need to prepare for going to the battle planet. For a brief moment he even dwells on his siblings Lo-La. While not to the same degree, they also find themselves in the middle of a pitched war, and he decides its time to be a better member of the Echo Yul.

*Per Rate-A-Deity:
Loka4CocaPuffs wrote:10 out of 10
jonny echo is a real god of the people or urqos as he likes to say
hes the type you want to worship with a keg stand and he will do one right after you
and last night i watched him stuff a dozen pickled eggs in his mouth and spit them out completely intact it was a miracle
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 300/300
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 76/76

May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 386
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers
Contact:

Re: The Spire

Post by Chef Icky »

Perception: 1d100 = 25: 25/43%
JIC: 1d20 = 15: 15/ 1d100 = 73: 73

Icky gives Metri a (hopefully not too hard) pat on the shoulder. "Oi, I'm sure I'll talk yer ear off 'bout 'Big D' in da not-too-distant-future. It's jus' all a bit new ta me right now. Ain't never been a priest o' nobody 'fore -- unless ya wanna count dat Gusteau fella wit' all da cookin' books an' vids. Dat's about as close as I ever got 'til now..." he lets loose with a belly laugh. "But seriously, Boog. I appreciate da frell outta dis. An' I seriously owe ya one." He snorts. "One? Feetal's Gizz -- I'll owe ya least a dozen."

-----------------------------------------------

Icky draws his phase beamer when he sees the wraith manifests itself in the cargo bay, but his attention is drawn instead to his armor's eerie reaction. It's not so much that it's reacting per se -- Icky has believed all along as have many of his fellow Warlock Marines that the armors may have a twinge of sentience to them -- but it's rather how it's reacting. Simmer down, you hot mess... he mutters to himself with a tinge of concern. We've got this. Last thing we need is you going all 'blow worm' on what's left of the cargo bay. When the apparition vanishes and the armor goes back inert, he breathes a soft sigh of relief. I probably shouldn't be worried about this, but with everything else that's been going on I can't help it.
Kaedras Starfall wrote:Kaedras immediately turns to Metri. "This was the thing that contacted me on Seeron, that warned me of Haad in the first place. How it found us here - and what exactly just happened to it - is of much concern to me."

He turns to Starchief. "Its message was incomplete. It mentioned Haad by name, then only said 'go to battlefield' before it met its ugly end. I cannot begin to discern the meaning of this cryptic utterance."
Starchief wrote:"We've barely left Seeron and she's already up to more evil. I hope that hag meets her end soon. Preferrably at blaster point. Go to battlefield? Which one? That's what we do."
Icky nods grimly. "Oi, 'ugly end' is pretty spot on. Dunno if even a deevil deserves ta go out like dat. Looks like we gotta add 'Sister Suicide' ta da VIP section o' our rogues gallery. An' if by 'Battlefield' it meant Axis-5..." he groans slightly. "Oi vey. Dat rock's even worse neighborhood dan yer back yard, Meatball..." That must be what Dionysus was talking about when he said I was going to need my armor where we were going... he adds to himself with another quick glance in the armor's direction.
Kar Fallax wrote:"Are you the Galactic Adventurers?" he asks. Closer to the group now he is not shy about looking the team up and down. His face showing not sign of being impressed with the team. Looking from side to side and addressing the group as a whole he says, "I am Kar. Mr. Thraxus told me to me them here." Afterward Kar looks around the group hoping for a leader to make himself known in response.
Icky looks down at the simian newcomer (literally, not figuratively -- he's 2-1/2' taller). Gotta be military... he thinks to himself as he notes Kar's body posture. At least he didn't salute.
After listening to the others' introductions -- and grinning a bit at Sorrenson's -- he offers his hand as well. "Looks like it's yer lucky day den, chum -- ya found us, all in da fleshy bits. Call me Icky; I'm da cook on board da Magic. At least I am when me galley ain't trashed. Pleeztameechya."
Kar Fallax wrote:"I, am a warrior! What else, would you need to know?"
Icky snorts. Not sure if I want to like this guy or punch him outright. "Oi, Corn Cob, every goob's a 'warrior' when da baktag hits da turbine... what Meatball 'ere wants ta know is, what's yer specialty? 'Eavy weapons? 'And-ta-'and? Battlemage? Ya flight-rated on' fighters or small craft? Dat sorta stuff. Anyways, we gotta beat cheeks ta dis meetin' -- ya wanna come wit' us?"

-----------------------------------------------

Icky stays silent through most of the briefing with Thraxus. While he's definitely thrilled with Thraxus' treatment, he's seen it countless times before from his former Sploog masters and their guests. At the mention of Axis-5 he merely nods. Yup. Called it. Finally he throws in his two creds' worth:

"Oi, dere ain't much 'whatever' ta it. Dey were pretty clearly harvestin' da supers amongst da resistance fer deir genetic material. Da only question in me mind at dis point is whether or not dey're tryin' ta break inta da Sploog market on bio-pimpin' or tryin' ta plus up deir existing methods." He pauses a moment. "Speakin' of... both dat Haad witch an' dat Guardsman goon squad seemed ta know an awful lot 'bout us dat ain't exactly public info. Now we ain't sayin' word don't get out, an' o' course wit' our luck we prob'ly got arch-nemeses we ain't ever 'eard of, but dere jus' may also be some info leaks in her intel chain. Jus' sayin'."

After the meeting he resists the urge to accompany Juan and the others out drinking and instead opts for returning to the DSM and doing what he can to clean/repair the galley and his room.

-----------------------------------------------

Icky awakes to the smell of food cooking. He throws off the blankets and storms into the galley, clad only in his standard UWWMC boxer briefs. "WHAT DA FRELL'S GOIN' ON 'ERE?????" He sees Sorrenson happily cooking away and his expression softens -- slightly. "Aright, Ratty ol' chum... we ain't really 'ad da chance ta go over da ground rules 'ere, so ya get dis 'un fer free. Food is da universal language an' me galley's da universal translator. Meatball may be da cap'n on board dis tub, but I'm da lord o' da fries in 'ere. Messin' wit' it is like puttin' yer weddin' tackle in a Kreeghor Bloodhound's mouth an' poppin' his arse wit' a bath towel. Make a mess an' don't clean it up, I'll be servin' yer arse as rump roast fer supper. Ya dig me?" Having done his spiel he nods and chuckles. "I'm gonna go get a shower an' get dressed; ya got until den ta impress me wit' your grub-wranglin' prowess." He takes a sniff as he turns to leave and points to the stove. "By da way, ya wanna keep an eye on dem eggs -- dat burner runs a bit extra hot an' yer gonna scorch 'em if ya ain't careful."

After he's come back and has plunged into Sorrenson's breakfast buffet (all the time making semi-judgemental -- well, maybe more like FULL judgemental -- mental notes on his cooking abilities) he listens to his friend's talking points and the responses from his crewmates. In between bites he adds his own:

"Point One. We had baktag for intel goin' in. We didn't know diddley 'bout da sitch on da ground outside o' what Meatball remembered. We still don't know diddley 'bout dat Guardsmen goon squad outside o' da fact dat dey're a couple goons down an' dat Kreeghor goob's arse is as tough as da Magic's hull. As fer da second part o' Point One, 'cause we tend ta leave so many frakkin' derelicts in our wake," he grunts at the reference, "we tend ta not know or pay much attention ta each other's strong points. Now, dose o' ya dat remember when we were holdin' dat outpost when da demons invaded while I was crankin' da gizmo? Dat were good times. We knew what each other could do an' we played ta it."

"Point Two. Yer da resident techie on board since Katia went AWOL. I can help ya 'ere an' dere, but da fact is ya two are gonna be doin' da most o' da work. If ya know someone dat could do da work quickly an' ya trust ta do da work right wit'out screwin' us over or sabotagin' us, den I'm all fer lettin' 'em do it. Question is, can dey do it quick 'nuff ta let us get ta Battlefield in time?"
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator.
Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. An' especially when I ain't 'round.


------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
Posts: 690
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: The Spire

Post by Dark Lord »

The meeting with Thraxus gets a little tense, with Metri openly taking issue with dismissive Thraxus’ treatment and several of the rest of you silently (or openly) agreeing with him. Most of the rest of you either say little or adroitly manage to take themselves out of the conversation (a la Sorrenson).
Metri wrote:"By your admission, of great importance are the missions you send us. Friends, comrades, family, sacrificed we have at the altar of the greater good. Treat us like hired help to be dismissed at a whim, fine. But honor you will, the fallen. Owe them we do our lives. Owe them you do, the results. Take care not to waste our time and waste yours we will not."
Thraxus glances idly back at the Yhabbayar, staring silently at Metri from his throne in the bleachers for a long enough interval for things to feel distinctly uncomfortable. The godling’s lips curl in a sardonic sneer that doesn’t reach anywhere close to his eyes, and he bites back angrily ”I’ll be sure to let Upov Esunawey know how very much you care.” Regaining his composure, Thraxus dials it back a little and continues in a voice that is more sad than angry. ”Many people have died for this cause, it is true. A great many more shall have to still, if we are to save the rest. Even for those that survive, for all but a handful their spans are limited. Transitory, over in the blink of a cosmic eye. Growing needless attachments will only complicate things in the long run.” For the first time since their introduction, Thraxus’ eyes slide over to Juan Echo. ”One of you knows what I’m talking about. Perhaps he can explain it to you.”
Starchief wrote:"Out of respect for our long-lasting, positive, and mutually beneficial working relationship, I'll put this next part as politely as I can. You knew the location of my home planet and knew that I was lost. That information would have made me whole yet you kept it from me. You owe me. You can make that right by using your vast influence to convince the Consortium to send aid to Seeron."
Thraxus is in no mood for this shit. ”Funny, the way I heard it was, you were ‘too busy polishing a gun to meet with the higher ups,’ yes? While I like having employees that aren’t yes-men, I definitely do not like those who presume debts on my behalf. A great many mercenary types cross my path- I find that I get better recruits when I don’t ask too many questions about where they came from. It invariably interests me less than what they can do now. Regardless, I reject your assertion that this is in any way my. Problem. And I will not be extorted into taking actions that might be counterproductive while the fate of the Three Galaxies is at stake. If you will not abide by that, then you can take your money and leave.” The Godling’s eyes flash, and in that moment he is deific anger personified- haughty, grandiose, and prideful to the point of self-sabotage.

Thraxus makes it clear, verbally and otherwise, that he won’t be forced into anything. Whether he actually cares so little for the team, or is merely gambling that Starchief will be the better man, is impossible to say. But assuming Starchief backs down, so does he. ”Now, if you had asked instead of demanded, I could have told you that the Consortium is unlikely to provide the solution you seek anytime soon. Their bureaucracy moves like a ponderous space-whale under the best of circumstances, and these are not they. Beyond the Minion War, and the rapidly escalating stream of crap elsewhere in the Three Galaxies, they’re already tacitly supporting one resistance movement against the Kreeghor. If your people are betting their asses on the Consortium kicking off a confrontation with Klynncryth at the same time, they can kiss those asses goodbye.” Thraxus holds up a hand to forestall any objections. ”I have contacts at the embassy- I can at least pressure some low-level functionaries to look into the matter. It’ll get your people’s story out there, if nothing else, and ultimately get some sort of appropriate diplomatic proposal put to their legislature. But don’t count on it making it out of committee anytime this year. Just look at what happened to the Machine People.”

Now all business, Thraxus leans forward in his throne. ”I realize this is unsatisfying, to say the least. Many who are forced to deal with the Consortium of so-called Civilized Worlds come away feeling that way. If you desire a more… immediate means to support your people, Doodles can arrange transfers of currency and materiel to any contact he can put you in touch with. It won’t come cheap, but with the kinds of funds I provide you one would imagine it could make all the difference to a fledgling resistance movement and their struggle against oppression. And before you ask, any cause that isn’t worth your money certainly isn’t worth mine. There is a limit to what I can do right now- the campaign to save the Three Galaxies must of necessity proceed along a great many different fronts. Nevertheless, you may wish to spread some of your new wealth around. A great war is coming, and we will need all the allies we can get. Big and small.”

Assuming things calm down, there is a little more discussion- in particular about the planet Axis V aka “Battlefield.” Kaedras notes the precise wording of the deevil wraith’s message, and Icky uses his knowledge of famous battles to deduce that it is in fact a proper name- Battlefield. The fact that a deevil was apparently willing to sacrifice itself for the sake of delivering this message also drives home its potential importance- and the unsettling nature of such an action from one so dedicated to evil. At the revelation Thraxus nods, provides his earlier background information, then continues.
”Oh, one last thing.” Thraxus reaches under his throne and produces a small, black box. He nonchalantly tosses it to Kaedras, and gestures to open it. Doing so reveals an object some of you will find familiar.
Image
”Your team got it out of the depths of Center- just in time, as it turned out. This is the diadem of water. I’ve had a team working on it, and all they can tell me is that it is a form of techno-wizardry far more advanced than anything to ever come out of the UWW. Supposedly, it and others like it were made by the First Ones. Axis V is home to some sort of apparatus designed to magnify the abilities of these items- when Captain Tran used it in conjunction with the fire relic he obliterated an entire Kreeghor fleet. Needless to say, we have a vested interest in determining whether this relic can offer a similar advantage- under no circumstances can the First Ones’ apparatus fall into the hands of the Kreeghor.”

”Unfortunately, we’ve been unable to replicate the bonding process. Apparently, our dear Quan got lucky. Every psychic to attempt to bond with the thing has been unable to do so, and we don’t know why. Feel free to try your luck, but either way take this to Quan and see if he can help get it activated. Find out what it can do if you can.” Thraxus then returns his attention to the game- as far as he’s concerned, you’re dismissed. Kaedras finds his gaze increasingly drawn to the diadem- it is a beautiful piece of jewelry. And fascinating, if what Thraxus says is true. The elf experiences a strange compulsion to examine it closely, and learn everything he can about it.

After the meeting, you encounter Cesar waiting patiently on the landing pad outside Thraxus’ tower. After some brief introductions, the new recruit is escorted inside and shown around. The moment you set foot back on the ship, Datephus makes an announcement.

”CAPTAIN DESIGNATE: STARCHIEF. I AM DETECTING ONE HUMANOID LIFESIGN IN THE ENGINEERING BAY. IT APPEARS TO BE CREWMEMBER DESIGNATE: AOIFE.” An in-person investigation (and any psionic and/or magic verification) will confirm that it is indeed Aoife. However, Datephus is at a loss as to what happened- the AI has no explanation for how she got back onto the ship, nor for how she went undetected as long as she did.

Sometime later, Sorrenson calls a meeting. A wide-ranging discussion ensues- Haad, the deevils (and their high potential for treachery), repairs and upgrades for the ship, tactics to deploy against the new-and-improved invincible guardsmen, even new and splendid ways to prepare ground Lurduuk. Those of you that are inclined to do so have a few hours to rest, clean the ship, or otherwise assist with repairs as you are able. Sorrenson has both a great and a terribly day (not to mention the drugs) as he is first chewed out by Icky for daring to lay a ratty finger on the cooking equipment, then given more-or-less free reign over the ship’s repair and modification efforts by Starchief. Among other general agreements, Mara endorses putting Sorrenson in charge thanks to their history together.

Afternoon transitions into evening, and true to form Juan suggests a night out on the town to celebrate. He makes a point of inviting Sorrenson (who is enthusiastically on board), Kaedras, and Icky, but all are welcome. While the evening is not as eventful as your fete celebrating the end of the invasion of Center, much alcohol is consumed and many narcotics abused. You’re pretty sure Sorrenson put the robe-and-thong back on at one point, and was prancing around leaving very little to the imagination. After that, there’s a tasteful fade to black. Anyone who makes a perception check at -10% remembers spotting a news report about some Naruni bigwig who went missing.
((Feel free to embellish within reason, but this won’t be an extended scene like last time.))

The next day, you realize that Sorrenson never made it back to the ship. Like, not even close. Promethean security is as unhelpful as always. The memories of any of the party goers are even less helpful. Ironically, it is Sorrenson’s assistant Maris who is the least concerned. She nonchalantly suits up in Sorrenson’s spare suit of power armor, gathers his things, and swings by wherever Starchief is at. ”Yeah, thing about Sorrenson is, this happens sometimes. Don’t worry about it; I’ll track him down. Probably just curled up in a hole somewhere on Level 7 getting high out of his gourd. Some people, y’know, they just need a break from the pressure. I’ll get him sorted out and sent your way ASAP, but don’t wait up.” With that, she is off.

The day after your return, the meeting with Thraxus, and the party dawns bright. You are free to shop, and avail yourselves of all the amenities Center can offer roughly one week out from a demonic invasion. Still, you cannot help but dwell on the deevil wraith’s last words- or rather, the urgency of them. Whatever might drive a deevil to self-sacrifice, the consequences of leaving it unaddressed for too long could prove dire indeed.

What are you doing?
Why kill a PC when you can torture their player?
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Kaedras Starfall
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: The Spire

Post by Kaedras Starfall »

Perception: 42% 1d100 = 28: 28

JIC: 1d20 = 13: 13
1d100 = 97: 97

Thraxus meeting

Kaedras catches the box tossed so casually by Thraxus, and opens it to find the diadem.
Thraxus wrote:This is the diadem of water. I’ve had a team working on it, and all they can tell me is that it is a form of techno-wizardry far more advanced than anything to ever come out of the UWW. Supposedly, it and others like it were made by the First Ones. Axis V is home to some sort of apparatus designed to magnify the abilities of these items- when Captain Tran used it in conjunction with the fire relic he obliterated an entire Kreeghor fleet. Needless to say, we have a vested interest in determining whether this relic can offer a similar advantage- under no circumstances can the First Ones’ apparatus fall into the hands of the Kreeghor.”

”Unfortunately, we’ve been unable to replicate the bonding process. Apparently, our dear Quan got lucky. Every psychic to attempt to bond with the thing has been unable to do so, and we don’t know why. Feel free to try your luck, but either way take this to Quan and see if he can help get it activated. Find out what it can do if you can.”
Kaedras looks at the jewel - his eyes lock upon it, drawn to it by some inexorable power. It feels as if it calls to me, he thinks. What is this thing? It seems to claw at me, demand... part of me, somehow...

When they are 'dismissed' by Thraxus, Kaedras snaps the box shut and secures it in his backpack before leaving.


Debauchery

Upon returning to the DSM, Kaedras stows his gear in one of the lockers, making sure to double-check the box before locking it away. As he moves to go to his room and attempt to start repairs, he is sidelined by Juan.
Juan wrote:"Urqos Kaedras, there is a time and place for asking those questions," he says in a mock scolding tone. "And I know the perfect bar to have this discussion. It's a sleepy little dive in Level 6. Run by real salty of the earth Urqos.* We can trade war stories and maybe test our fighting skills with a bouncer or too."
"I really don't think..."
Juan wrote:"Come Urqos Kaedras! I'm going to show you how to enjoy all the things that we fight to defend!"
"Ow."

He, having no choice, accompanies Juan to wherever Juan goes.

The next morning

Kaedras staggers back to the DSM, between the arms of two attractive alien females. His long white hair has been braided and his shirt is off, tied sash-like around his waist.

Upon reaching the docking bay, he turns to them, staggering slightly. "Ladies... I am afraid this is as far as I may go. I have enjoyed your company... but I am promised to another." He bows deeply to them, nearly falling over, and turns to enter the DSM.

Once inside, he slides out of his boots and pours himself a cup of caff, downing it like a shot.

His head pounding, he moves back to the locker.

Though Jonny tried his best to distract me... and a fine job he did of it... all night my mind kept coming back to this thing. I am as one called...

He pulls the box out of his locker, and opens it, gazing again upon the strange diadem.

I must know more.
Kaedras Starfall
I.S.P.: 6/188
M.D.C.: 45/45

Psionic Crystal Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 22 each
Main Body: 35/35
Psionic Force Field: 70/70 (Can be used 4 times per 24 hour period without I.S.P. cost to user)


Aldón MDC: 125/150

Water Relic PPE: 110/300
User avatar
Kar Fallax
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon May 18, 2020 7:02 am

Re: The Spire

Post by Kar Fallax »

Perception: 1d100 = 64: 64 vs 24%
JIC: 1d20 = 19: 19 and 1d100 = 47: 47

Introductions

Mara wrote: She does say, "Welcome, my name is Mara."


Kar nods politely, "Kar" looking mara up and down, Timid? Silent? I must watch this one. It is always the quiet ones.

Chef Icky wrote:"Looks like it's yer lucky day den, chum -- ya found us, all in da fleshy bits. Call me Icky; I'm da cook on board da Magic. At least I am when me galley ain't trashed. Pleeztameechya."

Icky snorts. Not sure if I want to like this guy or punch him outright. "Oi, Corn Cob, every goob's a 'warrior' when da baktag hits da turbine... what Meatball 'ere wants ta know is, what's yer specialty? 'Eavy weapons? 'And-ta-'and? Battlemage? Ya flight-rated on' fighters or small craft? Dat sorta stuff. Anyways, we gotta beat cheeks ta dis meetin' -- ya wanna come wit' us?"


Kar looks around confused, "Who is? Meatball?"

Kaedras Starfall wrote:Kaedras nods. "For my own part I would like your definition of 'warrior'. It means different things to different people, all of whom use the same word to express different concepts. Among my people, to be called a warrior is the highest honor, for it means you fight unreservedly for the protection of innocents and the promulgation of justice. But among others, it means, simply, 'killer'. Which sort are you?"


Juan Echo wrote:Juan's grin continues to grow. "Urqos Kaedras, there is a time and place for asking those questions," he says in a mock scolding tone. "And I know the perfect bar to have this discussion. It's a sleepy little dive in Level 6. Run by real salty of the earth Urqos.* We can trade war stories and maybe test our fighting skills with a bouncer or too." He puts his arm firmly around Kaedras' neck and continues, "Come Urqos Kaedras! I'm going to show you how to enjoy all the things that we fight to defend!"


The simian's nose and mouth scrunch a few times as he considers the question, "This. Is a fair question." The ape grunts solidly. "You separate your definition with a distinction. A word." Kar pauses, "Killer. This can mean many things to many." There is a low guttural grunt, "I fight. With the highest honor. I fight for the cause I am directed. I kill. Those who would seek to oppose the cause." The ape straightens a bit, "I do not separate the two. It is inevitable." Relaxing ever so slightly, "You mention Justice. This word too is used a lot. Your justice may not be mine. It seems to me elf, that with victory comes the reward of being right" Kar turns to walk with the group but finishes, " We don't always get to choose our cause." He stops briefly and turns slowly to Kaedras, "Loyalty means not always having a choice."

Kar looks toward Juan, "I am always willing to join in tests of strength and fighting skills." The ape straightens up as tall as he can, "Show me this place."

The next morning

Juan Echo wrote:If Kar decides to join Juan on this misadventure, Juan will enter the DSM laughing and saying, "... threw him across the stage and by Jove! You dethroned him as king of the bar. That's why they were all shouting as we left." With his free hand he pounds his chest and shouts, imitating the patrons at one of the many bars they visited, "HAIL CESAR!"


Kar snorts slightly, "Yes. Hail Cesar." Kar's lips turn up ever so slightly, not fully evident unless someone was looking very close.

Juan Echo wrote:Juan nods in agreement. "Yes. The Invincible Guardsman seemed to be designed to neutralize our strengths. A flexible battle plan makes sense. If we coordinate properly, we can shift mid-fight to throw them off guard. Wise as ever, Urqos Metri."


When Juan mentions the Invincible Guardsmen Kar stiffens tightly, Their great enemy is the guardsmen? And did the Guardsmen get the better of them? Interesting. I will need to stay more guarded when I speak to them.

When the meeting ends Kar will seek out Starchief, "Do we bunk on the ship? Or should I find quarters on center for the time between?"
User avatar
Mara
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:25 pm

Re: The Spire

Post by Mara »

Perception: 1d100 = 48: 48 / 65% (95% when dealing with vampires or undead)
JiC: 1d20 = 18: 18 1d100 = 57: 57

Conditions:

Mara sleeps the night away and gets up to heal herself again. That sucked! Reminder Mara, don't let yourself get hit that much ever again! Ever! Mara dresses in jeans and a t-shirt for the day. She heads stops be the galley to see if Icky if whipping anything up? "Got any Dukk eggs with some of their meat? A nice Dukk omelet sounds good if you are cooking?"

She heads out shopping for the day.

When she gets back she notices the missing Sorrenson, "What did you guys do to Sorrenson last night? He is a tough little bastard, but he can't do drink for drink with any of you, not even the elf!" As she has been enjoying Icky's cooking she asks, "What is for dinner? You need any help of do you want me to pick up anything?" She looks for Starburst, "I was thinking about using the gates and doing a day trip to Alexandria to report my findings and go over Seeron's plight. Any problem with that?"
Mara Archerean

PPE: 198 / 288
ISP: 75 / 85
MDC: 381/381
H.F.: 14
Heart in Chains Tattoo: 450/450 MDC(inactive)

Constant: Sixth Sense

Soundtrack:
''Zombie'' by Damned Anthem
Evanescence - Bring Me To Life (Ghost in the Machine Remix)
Adele vs. Linkin Park - Set Fire To The End
Tomorrow We Fight
User avatar
Kaedras Starfall
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: The Spire

Post by Kaedras Starfall »

(Rolls carried over)

Kaedras listens as the Thropo answers his questions.
Kar wrote:"This. Is a fair question. You separate your definition with a distinction. A word. Killer. This can mean many things to many. I fight. With the highest honor. I fight for the cause I am directed. I kill. Those who would seek to oppose the cause. I do not separate the two. It is inevitable. You mention Justice. This word too is used a lot. Your justice may not be mine. It seems to me elf, that with victory comes the reward of being right. We don't always get to choose our cause. Loyalty means not always having a choice."
A brief nod. "I accept this answer. Had you simply said 'they are the same' I would have grave concerns, but you speak with a knowledge of honor and of duty. These are the difference, where I am from, between a Warrior and a base killer. This satisfies me. For my part, you are welcome here, Kar."
Kaedras Starfall
I.S.P.: 6/188
M.D.C.: 45/45

Psionic Crystal Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 22 each
Main Body: 35/35
Psionic Force Field: 70/70 (Can be used 4 times per 24 hour period without I.S.P. cost to user)


Aldón MDC: 125/150

Water Relic PPE: 110/300
User avatar
Aoife
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:38 pm

Re: The Spire

Post by Aoife »

Perception 1d100 = 82: 82 / 44%
JIC - 1d20 1d20 = 4: 4 1d100 1d100 = 77: 77

Aoife shakes her head as she hears the announcement from Datephus. Okay, so I'm on the Dime Store Magic. How did that happen? Something did a number on my memory apparently. "Datephus, when did I get back onto the ship? And what day is it? Are we still on Seeron?" Aoife looks around the Engineering bay, deciding to wait for Starchief and anyone else who comes down. I would imagine they are on the ship since Datephus sang out an annoucnement. Might as well wait for them where Datephus said I am.

When (if) anyone shows up to ask questions, Aoife explains, "So, the last thing I really remember is an explosion. Then things are mostly blank or make no sense. I'm not sure how I got back on the Dime Store Magic. I assume by the announcement from Datephus that you guys don't know either?"

She will go to the meeting silently, trying to piece together what happened on Seeron, and what the plan is for the future, trying to catch up and adjust to the changes.
Do not PM this account. PM Dodsrike instead.

Aoife

M.D.C.
Armor: [76/100
Body: 424/424
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: The Spire

Post by Juan Echo »

Perception (27%): 1d100 = 90: 90
JiC: 1d20 = 9: 9/ 1d100 = 97: 97
Urqos Aofie wrote:"So, the last thing I really remember is an explosion. Then things are mostly blank or make no sense. I'm not sure how I got back on the Dime Store Magic. I assume by the announcement from Datephus that you guys don't know either?"
Juan gives Aofie a warm hug and says, "It is good to see you survived Seeron. We thought you had been captured by the Tarlok. But the bar exploded four days ago. That blast knocked you into the future. It sounds like a real time bomb.

"I'm taking Urqos Kaedras, and the new Urqos out for drinks. Join us and I'll get you caught up on what happened on Seeron." He wraps his free arm around Aoife and drags her to the bar and provides her with all the details on the Priestess Haad and the fight against the Invincible Guardians.

The next morning, Juan sizes up Kaedras companions with a nod. He does not remember exactly when they showed up. And he doesn't know where they disappeared to during the night (or for how long, for that matter). Does one of them look familiar, Jonny? It's hard to say with Urqos. They all look so similar, especially from a distance. And hungover.
Urqos Kaedras wrote:"Ladies... I am afraid this is as far as I may go. I have enjoyed your company... but I am promised to another."
Wait! I recognize that rear!* "Urqos Trixie? I didn't realize that you knew her as well, Urqos Kaedras. She has this way of serving soup with her tongue, did she do that with you too? On the planet Yaya that makes us Sk'mot brothers, a special relationship in which we can share anything. (Because in a way we already have.) This is great. I feel connected to everyone you've made soup with. And through me, you can share a special relationship with Urqos Waldo and the Skraypers she knows. And I guess even Urqos Sorrenson's amulet, since it enjoyed my dipping sauce. Speaking of which, where is Urqos Sorrenson?"
Urqos Maris wrote:"Yeah, thing about Sorrenson is, this happens sometimes. Don’t worry about it; I’ll track him down. Probably just curled up in a hole somewhere on Level 7 getting high out of his gourd. Some people, y’know, they just need a break from the pressure. I’ll get him sorted out and sent your way ASAP, but don’t wait up."
Urqos Mara wrote:"What did you guys do to Sorrenson last night? He is a tough little bastard, but he can't do drink for drink with any of you, not even the elf!"
Juan looks back, outside of the Dime Store Magic. The Wandering God understands all too well that sometimes a person has go down their own path. There is no way of knowing where that it goes, to distant planets or old homes, new friends or long lost family. And sometimes it is a trip inwards, It is never the same trip twice. A wistful smile passes over his face.

Turning back to Mara, the smile turns to a grin and Juan says, "The little Urqos can hold a lot of debauchery. The last time I saw him, he was just fine. I expect Urqos Sorrenson will return when we need him most."

*Per Rate-A-Deity:
BurHar_WK wrote:6 out of 10
I knew Juan Echo for three years before I found out he was the Wandering God. I thought he was the God of Butt Stuff.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 300/300
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 76/76

May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 386
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers
Contact:

Re: The Spire

Post by Chef Icky »

Perception: 1d100 = 63: 63/43%
JIC: 1d20 = 8: 8/ 1d100 = 42: 42

Icky takes in Thraxus'... salty retorts leaning up against the wall with his arms folded. Well, can't say I didn't see this coming... he shakes his head slowly. It's not that he disagrees with his companions -- far from it, in fact -- but their lack of experience in dealing with the rich and powerful was showing. Still, every one of them had solid brass naughty bits and that was just one reason he's so fond of this crew.

On the way out he flags down Doodles and asks him where he can find Kruxxis. Once he's tracked the In'Valian down he pulls out his cred card. "Oi, chum, remember dose goodies I borrowed off ya durin' all dat demon baktag? We're supposed ta return dat stuff now, but I was wonderin' if I couldn't jus' pay ya fer 'em instead? Dey turned out rather handy, ya know?"
Stuff Borrowed from Kruxxis
- Universal Language Translator (with Demongoggian installed)
- 20 NE-10G (HE) grenades -- though I think they've all been used
- Enhanced Nuclear Grav-Pack
- NE-105 Super Rail Gun

Please let me know if I need to post this in the shopping thread as well.
Kar Fallax wrote:Kar looks around confused, "Who is? Meatball?"
Icky nods in Starchief's direction. "First I saw o' 'im da goob was gettin' chewed on by a big lizard, but he was provin' as 'ard ta chew as a Noro-fried meatball. So dat's what I call 'im. Stick 'round long 'nuff an' ya might get an epic nickname o' yer own."

Back at the ship he hears Datephus' announcement and rushes into the engineering bay -- and sure enough, there she is. "FUN SIZE!!!!!!!" he roars with surprise and delight and wraps her up in a probably-too-strong hug. "How'd ya get back 'ere so quick? Last we saw ya was dat dive joint jus' 'fore dey blew da joint. Glad ya made it out, was worried 'bout ya. Ya seen Goldie, by da way? She make it out too?"

declines Juan's invitation to a night's carousing with some sense of regret. "Oi, sorry Chuckles but me galley ain't gonna clean itself up. Drink a few fer me, willya?" He spends the rest of the evening getting the galley back in order (muttering to himself the whole time).
Mara wrote:"Got any Dukk eggs with some of their meat? A nice Dukk omelet sounds good if you are cooking?"
Icky shakes his head as he's busy in the still-not-pristine-but-at-least-it's-functional galley. "No eggs -- gorram duuks trashed da fridge so had ta chunk 'em. Got some duuk sausage fried up 'ere though; want some?" He slides some patties off into a plate. "Gonna haveta go restockin' later. Any special requests?"

After breakfast is cleaned up he sets out looking to replace the food stocks as well as the Naruni ammo the duuks blew themselves up with.
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator.
Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. An' especially when I ain't 'round.


------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Starchief
Group Leader
Posts: 511
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)
Contact:

Re: The Spire

Post by Starchief »

Perception: 1d100 = 55: 55/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 5: 5/ 1d100 = 20: 20

That didn't go as planned. Asshole's in charge for a reason. Starchief doesn't break eye contact with Thraxus while he's being told off, he simply replies "Message received."

In response to the information about the slow bureaucracy of the Consortium and the option to covertly fund things, Starchief nods his understanding. "Typical government. I would... appreciate it if you could speak with those embassy contacts. Some motion is better than none at all. We'll speak with Doodles about this other arrangement later." This Water Artifact sounds interesting indeed. Maybe we'll be able to use its abilities in our quest to save the Three Galaxies.

Starchief leads the team out and to the landing pad where they meet Kar. While the introductions are being made, Starchief pulls Doodles to the side and mentions the money funneling idea that Thraxus mentioned. "How do we get this started?" he asks.

then back to the Dime Store Magic. Datephus' announcement that Aoife is back shocks the supersoldier. But she disappeared all the way back on Seeron. What the devil happened here?! Starchief has Datephus confirm that it is indeed Aoife before rushing down to Engineering and checking in with the supersoldier. "McKenna! You survived! How did you make it back here?!" He gives her a proper supersoldier handshake and helps get her caught up on events.

Sorrenson's status update from Maris has Starchief a little concerned. "It's alright that he celebrates life daily through his psychedelic usage. But he needs to be available when the team is ready to roll out. Let him know he's got two days to catch up to us or we're gone."
Kar Fallax wrote:Kar looks around confused, "Who is? Meatball?"
"That... would be me. It's a nickname. An alias... nevermind. Just call me Starchief or Captain."
Kar Fallax wrote:When the meeting ends Kar will seek out Starchief, "Do we bunk on the ship? Or should I find quarters on center for the time between?"
"While repairs are underway, we will find quarters on Center. But that will be temporary. The Dime Store Magic is our home. "
Mara wrote:She looks for Starburst, "I was thinking about using the gates and doing a day trip to Alexandria to report my findings and go over Seeron's plight. Any problem with that?"
"I don't know where Alexandria is, but whatever you do, be back here in two days. As soon as the Dime Store Magic is repaired, we make for Axis V."
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image
Ledger
User avatar
Metri
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 273
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)
Contact:

Re: The Spire

Post by Metri »

-----------------------------------
Perception: Invalid dice code! | 39%
JIC: Invalid dice code!| Invalid dice code!%
-----------------------------------
Dark Lord wrote:Thraxus glances idly back at the Yhabbayar, staring silently at Metri from his throne in the bleachers for a long enough interval for things to feel distinctly uncomfortable. The godling’s lips curl in a sardonic sneer that doesn’t reach anywhere close to his eyes, and he bites back angrily ”I’ll be sure to let Upov Esunawey know how very much you care.” Regaining his composure, Thraxus dials it back a little and continues in a voice that is more sad than angry. ”Many people have died for this cause, it is true. A great many more shall have to still, if we are to save the rest. Even for those that survive, for all but a handful their spans are limited. Transitory, over in the blink of a cosmic eye. Growing needless attachments will only complicate things in the long run.” For the first time since their introduction, Thraxus’ eyes slide over to Juan Echo. ”One of you knows what I’m talking about. Perhaps he can explain it to you.”
Though Thraxus confronts Metri directly, the godling's words draw a look of sympathy from the Yhabbayar. He nods softly with each biting retort. Seemingly able to pick up the anguish and instinctive distancing Thraxus makes with any attachments. Metri recognizes the signs of loss and feels as though he perhaps pushed a bit too far in defense of his fallen comrades. He quickly pivots to a naturally empathetic state.

"Lonely, your journey must be. A heavy burden you bear, saving the megaverse. Perhaps a thankless job it is. Unknown to most you save, the utter annihilation you rescued them from." Metri pauses a moment, gauging his next words carefully. During the pause, he furtively glances a few times at Thraxus, taking full measure of the deific being.

"A grand strategist you are. When facing your opponents, purchasing objectives with the lives of those you send into battle you must. If too attached to people, fear you do, an unwillingness to pay that cost in the future. Put at risk the battlefronts only you are aware of. Put at risk the future you fear may become reality." Metri gulps, swallowing hard. "Know this you do, mayhaps a moment of irritation your remark was. Linked to morale, the effectiveness of the lives you send is. Such importance is magnified in irregular units like ours. Though calculated your decisions must be, let on your dispassion, your lack of caring for the well-being of those you send into harms way, you should not." Metri's gaze lowers as he ponders whether to appeal to Thraxus' humanity and urge him to find heart in caring about individuals. But the godling's remark referring to Juan Echo makes the Yhabbayar believe that such efforts would not yield much fruit. In passing on it, Metri decides to leave Thraxus an impression. The Yhabbayar's oversized eyes rise to meet Thraxus'.

"Earn the recognition and worthiness of your attention we Galactic Adventurers will. Appreciate we would any timely intelligence you can provide. But understand we do, only a piece of a much larger puzzle our efforts are. Personally hope, I do, that sometime remember the purpose of saving the megaverse you will. But if not, gratitude nonetheless I have for all that you do, before us and that unseen. Thank you." Metri places a tridactyl hand on his chest and inclines in a slight bow. His piece said, the Yhabbayar fades into the background for the remainder of the meeting.

Later, Metri politely declines on joining the night of debauchery, not that any necessarily expected him to join the revelry. He will go shopping and once done, will introduce return to the DSM, making introductions between Diyhu and Datephus before settling down to meditation.
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
Posts: 690
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: The Spire

Post by Dark Lord »

The meeting with Thraxus wraps up, though not without a few parting words from some of the more senior members. Starchief realizes that hardball tactics are unlikely to work on Thraxus, and accepts what passes for a conciliatory gesture from the godling. At Starchief’s request to take the matter of Seeron up with the CCW, Thraxus nods and says ”I’ll prepare a briefing based on your reports and what other information I can get. Transmit a testimonial to Doodles before you go- we’ll include it in our packet for the embassy. You know how it is- public opinion moves politicians, insipid human interest pieces moves public opinion. Just don’t mention my name, okay?” As for Metri, the Yhabbayar’s response appears to catch Thraxus off-guard a little- he pauses and regards Metri silently. Then, he shakes his head. ”I’d forgotten just how good your people are at what they do, young master Metri. I will consider your words.” You are dismissed. You return to the ship, and are united with comrades new and old for the next stage of your journey.

Starchief asks Doodles about Thraxus’ offer, to which Doodles waves him back through the teleport circle and into Doodles’ shop. There, the tattooed man goes behind the counter, grabs a piece of paper from underneath, and writes a number on it. ”Contact me on this frequency. I’ll need a contact name, and their most recent location- as detailed as you can get. If you have a way I can get in touch with them, so much the better. Then, you wire the funds to me either remote transfer or by running your credit sticks down here. I either continue the transaction under the guise of Mr. Thraxus’ philanthropic endeavors, or we convert the credits to hard currency and smuggle it the old fashioned way. For what it’s worth, Mr. Thraxus instructed me to waive the transaction fee for your team, so you’ll be getting this at cost. I hope your friends appreciate what you’re doing for them.”

Those of you who join Juan for his evening revelry are treated to a night such as only a minor deity can provide, and all the headaches (literal and figurative) that can bring. Kaedras finds himself staggering back with a double-handful of female, whereupon Juan spies them and has a brief case of mistaken identity. The woman on Kaedras’ right arm rounds on Juan, says ”Hey, hands off! I’m Roxie, not Trixie!” She then backhands Juan across the face- surprisingly powerfully, too ((-2 MDC Juan)). Immediately thereafter, the woman on Kaedras’ left arm leans forward, staggers slightly as alcohol or some other imbalance make her regret leaning quite so far, and bellows ”I’M TRIXIE, ASSHOLE!” Roxie’s slap is met with one from Trixie- the derrieres Juan got confused, but that backhand brings back fond memories ((-5 MDC Juan)). Turning to her comrade, Roxie (or is it Trixie? They do look kind of similar in the predawn light) says ”Let’s go!” before sauntering out. So ends another night out on the town. You retire to grab what little rest you still can.

Kaedras finds himself drawn to the gem- the diadem- that Thraxus gave him. The chains are finely wrought- easily the equal of the best craftsmen in Alfheim. The gem itself is a deep blue calling to mind alpine springs, and vast seas. Accessing Datephus’ memories and/or the logs of prior crewmembers will enable Datephus to find something of the backstory behind this item- he is mildly surprised to read that it was Oradro’s last mission before he became a cosmo-knight. It’s a small galaxy, after all.

The rest of you spend your time focusing on more mundane tasks. Still quite the worse for wear after their battle on Seeron, Mara spends a lot of time resting and healing. She asks Starchief about a day trip to Alexandria- the adopted True Atlantean homeworld in the UWW- to report her findings and discuss Seeron’s plight. Starchief gives his assent, but tells Mara she needs to be back before they leave in two days. Aoife catches up with the others, trying to piece together events since the barfight on Seeron. Icky tries to work through his distress by fixing up his kitchen. Starchief has already seen about getting rushed repairs- not willing to wait for Sorrenson to reappear, Starchief spares no expense in getting the Dime Store Magic back up to code ASAP. You have two days in Center to do as you wish while that happens.

What are you doing?

((Two days after your meeting with Thraxus, the Dime Store Magic will depart Phase World. Once you are ready to do so, kindly post here with a description of how you’ll be handling your travel time.))
Why kill a PC when you can torture their player?
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
Posts: 690
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: The Spire

Post by Dark Lord »

There’s a standard flash of light (for those of you looking out the window), and then mere moments later the ship is descending into Phase World’s atmosphere. Those of you paying attention along the way can see that the Prometheans are already hard at work repairing the damage done by the minion war- various orbital structures and spacegates are surrounded by scaffolding and construction equipment, and small fleets of spaceships haul derelict or damaged hulks out of the orbital trading lanes.

As per usual, Center traffic control acknowledges your signal promptly, and directs you to the ship’s standard berth at one of the spires jutting out from Level 1. Datephus receives an automatic transmission from Thraxus acknowledging your arrival, and inviting you for a debriefing once you’ve landed. Any or all of you can go and contribute to the report- the portal into Thraxus’ palatial estate will, this time, take you to a beach party. At least, a beach party for one- Thraxus appears to be lying on his stomach and working on his tan. Without looking up, he brusquely acknowledges your presence with a brief ”Report.”, muffled by the sand and the towel in which his face is buried.
Why kill a PC when you can torture their player?
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Kaedras Starfall
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: The Spire

Post by Kaedras Starfall »

Perception 48% 1d100: [50] = 50

JIC: 1d20: [10] = 10
JIC: 1d100: [13] = 13

Ghast wrote:"Oh me, we briefly met on your ship. I'm... I'm Ghast, no surname. I was working with the Free World Council, but am really just looking for a ride off this rock, and given that the danger seems past, it should be fine I guess."
Kaedras' eyes widen. "Of Course! How stupid of me. I am sorry, I got lost in the chaos and forgot you, Master Ghast. I am glad to have you in our company. I believe - after we have done what we can to heal the injuries here - we shall travel back to Center."

Kaedras then heads out to help triage and heal the injured.

Exhausted after searching for survivors and healing those he can help, alongside Juan and with the aid of Draggor, Kaedras sits on a cot in the former atorian section of the camp, intending just to take a small break. absently, he scratches behind Aldón's ear, glad to see that his clockwork friend survived the fight.
Draggor wrote:"You helped... If willing, is there more? Could you do more?"
Kaedras watches as the big man taps his own head. Is he... troubled? Has he a mental illness?

Kaedras looks at him kindly. "I believe I understand, friend." he sighs, sadly. "Although I have the ability to heal... physical injuries... I do not have the ability to heal an injury of the mind. I wish that I did."

He lets a quiet moment pass between them.
OOC Comments
Kaedras is unaware that the water relic might have the ability to cure insanity at the altar, as it seemed to have done at least temporarily for Juan
"If... in our travels, I find a way to help you. I promise you I shall do so."

Kaedras sleeps fitfully - dimly remembered dreams of Metri, Mara, and now Kar, all missing. Dead? Or never existed? What damage has Haad ultimately done. Visions of her grinning face cycle in his mind, in the dark of the ruin, the flashes of battle and the smell of smoke and blood mixed in his mind. He dreams of walking through the compound, the injured laying everywhere. Too many to help. And in his dream, he weeps.

Kaedras awakens with the sun. Bone-tired, he calls to his wolf, and loads his hover platform back onto the Dime Store Magic, eager to be rid of Axis V - at least for now.

A return is inevitable. I have promised to help purge Master Icky's armor of its infection, and that can only be done here. I do not look forward to our return... But I will hold my oath.

Kaedras will tour the ship once everyone is aboard, and see to everyone's needs as best he can. For Ghast, if he has fresh clothes the man can fit, he will lend them. He is one who seems to have lost all. Despite this, he fights. A stronger hero you could not hope to find - one who has nothing but gives all. I should take special care to ensure he is well tended.

"These may serve you better. When we reach Center I shall see to it you have clothes and effects of your own, to replace those you have lost. If you are hungry, you should check with Master Icky in the Galley. We should be in Center in no time - We are equipped with a phase transceiver."

When they arrive at Center, Kaedras tries to clean the blood off of his armor, to be more presentable for Thraxus. It would not do to stumble into his tower looking like a murderer. Although... He remembers his own fight with Haad, and his yearning, his desperation to end her. "Perhaps a murderer is what I truly am. I can truthfully say she deserved the end she met... but there was a bloodlust upon me in that fight I cannot reconcile with my ... with what I thought was my healing nature. I would have gladly killed her. Enjoyed it. If I could. And I would do so again if need be. And perhaps her death was truly necessary - it WAS necessary in all actuality - but I did not have to enjoy the process so. It is troubling.

Once his armor is more or less presentable (it still needs work but the majority of the gore and mud and soot is cleaned off), he turns to his clockwork companion, and offers the wolf a brief smile and a scratch behind his metal ear. "Stay, Aldón. You have earned your rest. I shall return."

Finally, he sits down to write a quick letter to his betrothed, Seldanna Ravaran.
Dearest Seldanna,

I am writing to you from the city of Center. Since I last wrote, we journeyed to a remote planet, called 'Battlefield' by some. Aptly so. We were there but a short time, but we faced grave danger.

Our arrival was quite ordinary. Though I had read of the place, and had some inkling that it was a dangerous place, our arrival was almost pedestrian in its simplicity. We docked, and we were there, and that was that. I was there to run a test for our employer, and we'd decided to do it the morning after our arrival, so that evening, we partook of local entertainment. Some of the crew drank and partied. Two of us - myself and Master Icky - he is the minotaur of whom I've written - elected to take up a local pilot's wager - a race. One orbit around the planet.

Assigned small fighters, they counted us down and we took off. the race was perilous - there is much debris around the planet - though the real danger came in the form of rift storms. I focused my energies, and piloted around them. It was a thrilling race, and I must admit a moment of vainglory as I landed first, winning the competition. Master Icky came second. Our challenger did not land until hours later - he had attempted to fly through, rather than around, a rift storm, and lost a great deal of time doing so. It was an excellent way to spend an evening. I honored his challenge by standing a round of drinks for he and his friends.

The next day was when the real danger began.

Running the test required by our employer triggered an attack upon the planet by a fanatic and her Atorian, Kreeghor, and Necrol comrades. The battle was long, and tested us - our skills, our resolve, and our very minds - in ways I never expected, nor could be prepared for. I shall not tell you the details. Master Metri, whom I'd met on Seeron and of whom I'd written, and Mistress Mara, another of our crew, both died.

Seldanna, I mourn for them. My grief is deep and wide as a river. Master Metri was the kindest being it has been my pleasure to meet on any of the worlds to which I've travelled, and was a deep font of wisdom - a mentor for me - in the too-brief time I've known him. Mistress Mara - though as distant to me as other species say we elves are to them - was a fierce warrior, of deep resolve. When I eventually return to Alfheim I shall light a flame in the Halls of Eternity for them.

And return to Alfheim I shall - I do miss you - though the time is not yet right. I have accomplished much, Seldanna, but there is so much wrong to set aright in the Universe that our efforts seem but a trickle since I have set out.

I must close this letter - there is much yet to do. Though in closing I wish to thank you again for your gift to me of Aldón, my clockwork wolf. He has been my stalwart ally and was a fierce fighter in the battle most recently - even now he heals himself of damage sustained in the fighting. I look upon him with deep admiration - the equal to my admiration for you. He reminds me of my promise to return to you.

And I shall return to you.

Yours,

Kaedras Idralion
He sets out with the others to meet Thraxus in his chamber, and seeing the Lord laid out upon a beach, Kaedras feels perhaps a pinch of anger.
Thraxus wrote:”Report.”
Kaedras waits for Starchief to offer his report. It is not my place in the heirarchy to usurp the right of address.

If or when he is asked for details particular to his own experience with the water relic, he will add them:

"Captain Quan and I descended into the ruin. He led, and I followed, and we came upon the altar room that he and his team encountered before. I placed my relic upon the altar to test it, as you instructed. Captain Quan's relic was taken from his hand by the altar, as if by telekinesis, and socketed into its own slot. The altar's energies engaged, and the planet was awash in healing energies. To my recollection... even Master Icky's Warlock Marine armor was purged of it's deevil infection. The healing energies were staggering. However, Haad must have been waiting for that moment to attack. As her forces, including Kreeghor, as well as necrol drop-pods attacked - much as they did on Seeron - Quan and I made for the nearest nexus to recharge our relics, with Master Metri in tow. Haad's attack destroyed the Dime store Magic. We meant to recharge and return so that Captain Quan could use the fire relic to purge Axis V of its attackers. We failed. Haad used her relic in our absence, and rewound time.

Upon awakening on the Dime Store Magic, as if no time had passed, it took some time for me to remember what had transpired. Upon comparing our memories, we decided to split the team - one team took the ship into orbit to try and head off Haad's arrival, while the other team sought to warn the forces upon the planet's surface. I made for the altar, with Captain Quan in reserve to use his fire relic if and when Haad attacked. However, the Atorians at the base began a wide-scale, simultaneous suicide attack. We fought hard at the entrance fo the ruin to deny them entrance. Haad eventually arrived, and killed me. I can only presume she rewound time anew.

I awakened again on the Dime Store Magic - this time I remembered the events of the previous time loops - I set out to kill Haad immediately. We fought our way through waves of Atorians, seeking Captain Quan and his fire relic. We found him, and made for the altar. Haad was there. She created duplicates of herself, and employed a wide array of magics and abilities to counter us. I followed her into the ruin, using my telekinetic shields, my arrows, and every trick in my employ, powered by the water relic you gave me, to stop or delay her until Captain Quan could use his relic. The fight was long, and... many died. In the end, captain Quan used his fire relic, and Haad was slain. Her relic - a time relic, fell to the floor where she stood.

It was then that Corwin Decker of Naruni Enterprises, whom I believe Master Icky had met before, suddenly appeared and demanded the relic, to be returned to the deevils. We went back and forth, but he left when Master Icky, wearing his again-deevil-infected armor, managed to bond with the relic. In the end, we had met Draggor, Ghast, and Exe, whom we have transported here to Center, and Kar, who disappeared. Master Metri and Mistress Mara died. Losses were great.

For my part, that is what I recall."


Kaedras will stand quiet as any others give their reports.
Last edited by Kaedras Starfall on Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaedras Starfall
I.S.P.: 6/188
M.D.C.: 45/45

Psionic Crystal Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 22 each
Main Body: 35/35
Psionic Force Field: 70/70 (Can be used 4 times per 24 hour period without I.S.P. cost to user)


Aldón MDC: 125/150

Water Relic PPE: 110/300
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: The Spire

Post by Juan Echo »

Perception (33%) 1d100<33: [53] = 0
JiC 1d20: [5] = 5 / 1d100: [8] = 8

Armor
Splugorth Talisman of Armor of Ithan (totally spent)
Cargo shorts
Gronk shirt
Action Sandals

Weapons
Magical clubs with the Rings of Sha Los (2)

The return to Phase World is uneventful. Juan is on the bridge when the Dime Store Magic docks on Level 1. He recounts another bizarre adventure to whoever is co-piloting the ship. "... and that Mothman's name was Gregarro Ivinalititavitch."*

He is not surprised that Thraxus requests an immediate meeting. Juan follows the others into the portal and is surprised to be on a beach. Naturally, it is an exquisite location: secluded, calm, and picturesque. Well, it is appropriate. So Juant takes off his shirt and stretches his arms out to take in the sun.
Thraxus wrote:"Report."
"Haad has been neutralized," Juan says matter of factly. "She had planned to stage a massive necrol invasion of Axis V. She had stolen a 'time relic' from the deevils. Apparently, this relic is similar to the ones that both the Torchbearer and Urqos Kaedras wear. In fact, he can tell you more about how they work."

* Per Rate-A-Deity:
Normcore4life wrote:2 out of 10
All I really needed was a podiatrist.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 300/300
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 76/76

May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
User avatar
Starchief
Group Leader
Posts: 511
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)
Contact:

Re: The Spire

Post by Starchief »

Perception: 1d100: [50] = 50 /62%
JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19 / 1d100: [25] = 25

Pulling into the Center Spaceport, Starchief breathes a sigh of relief. "You know, I never considered this place home until I went back to Seeron and saw they didn't need me. And now that Haad is gone, maybe they can focus against the Tarlok a bit more. My place is here, doing the work to keep the 3 Galaxies safe which in turn keeps them safe." Maybe it's time to decorate my quarters here on the DSM. It's been stark this entire time because I've never felt that this was mine.

Starchief heads to meet with Thraxus and insists that Chef Icky accompany him along with Kaedras and Juan. "The rest of you can get acclimated to the Dime, Center or come along if you have something of value to add. The man we are going to meet is... not nice."

Stepping through the portal, Starchief is surprised and slightly amused at the beach party theme. "Cute."
Dark Lord wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:46 amWithout looking up, he brusquely acknowledges your presence with a brief ”Report.”, muffled by the sand and the towel in which his face is buried.
"Good to see you too, Thraxus. The crew of the Dime Store Magic landed on Axis V and immediately touched base with Quan Tran, former captain of the Dime Store Magic, current guardian of the Fire Relic. He filled us in on the political climate of the planet. There were many different factions of the Free World Council all enacting their will on operations. The important players were the Atorians, Pirates, and Freedom Fighters. We split our group to request access from the first two, to the pyramid where a planetary defense device existed that reacted to the relics. A reliquary, if you will. Quan's relic had the capability to burn away anyone considered an 'enemy' on planet and even out to the surrounding spaceway. The Pirates were convinced by some of the crew. The Atorians were convinced by myself. Don't ask how." You've still got the scratch marks on your back, Andra. Not the frakkin time, Champ. No need to get testy.

"We tested out Kaedras' relic and it cleansed everyone present. After a long night, it washed over us and we were wide awake as could be. A whole lot of mental stuff disappeared as well. It cured us. We didn't have time to see how far the effects reached on planet, as we were attacked immediately. More of the Necrols and Invincible Guardsmen than we could handle came and we lost. Most of us died. Then the day began again. Those of us who died seemed to recall this effect, those of us left alive had a much harder time remembering. Myself included. We had entered into a time loop. For our second loop, it turned out that the Atorians were an enemy force keeping an eye on the reliquary for Priestess G Haad. The Atorians were suicide bombers, taking some of us out, Haad came and finished off most of the rest of us. Those who died could remember, which excluded me, again. Making the third loop interesting as I awoke in the bedchamber of the Atorian leader who, it turns out, was a suicide bomber. I'm sure you've had some interesting times in your life, Thraxus, but have you ever had to evade an explosion in your Starthong? I can now add that to my list. An important thing I have forgotten to mention up until now, members of our team went missing after each loop and new ones appeared. We have quite the motley crew at the moment.

Anyway, this third loop, the crew was able to get me up to speed quickly and we had quite the fight on our hands. Suicide bomber Atorians, someone possessed our ship and used its cannons against us while locking some of the crew inside and then... the absolute worst part. Priestess Haad arrived. And she wanted to kill us, take our relics and activate them all in the reliquary. Did you know that she could make duplicates of herself? And control time? We were all slowed down, had to fight 5 of her and one of my crewmates got the bright idea that it would be a good time to try to purge the demon from Icky's armor. We had some amazing luck on our side when a newcomer appeared through a portal and started slinging magic to help us out. Also, if you weren't already aware, Kaedras is now the MVP of our crew. He held the priestess back almost single-handedly while the rest of us dealt with her clones. Quan Tran made it to the reliquary, activated his relic and burned all of the enemies from the face of the planet, including Priestess Haad. Her relic fell to the ground and was recovered by our team. Then a Naruni higher-up named Decker attempted to get us to hand it over to him. We threatened his life and he left, but not before telling us that the Deevils would stop at nothing to retrieve the artifact and that the consequences would make our last invasion look like an amusement park. The time artifact is a coiled snake and won't seem to merge with any of us. But it would merge with Icky's possessed armor. So..."
Starchief stops talking and gestures to Sarge's arm where the relic would be found. "Any questions?"

+2 GM LOLs
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image
Ledger
User avatar
Ghast
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:31 pm

Re: The Spire

Post by Ghast »

Perception: 1d100: [14] = 14 /49%
Just in Case: 1d20: [4] = 4 ; 1d100: [98] = 98
Conditions: None.


Ghast had just sat down to begin meditation, when the crew of the Dime Store Magic mention that they are already back at Center. Oh, they have a Phase Transceiver... Well the wait to head down will give me some time. Ghast is proven wrong once again as the DSM gets preferential treatment and is almost just as quickly set to docking. Holy Forge, who the hell are these people. Ghast thinks before being thrown for another loop as tho their destination. Thraxus' Tower... Yep I am now lost, and pretty sure this is very much above my pay grade. Ghast thinks as he gets up when everyone starts to depart. "Do I need to clean up or something?" When no one else does, Ghast just follows.

The nonchalant nature of the meeting further puts Ghast off of his game. Here is one of the most powerful and influential beings in the three galaxies, and we're here with him practically naked. This would be an assassins dream moment... hmmm, I wonder if he can read minds? I better just shut up and listen. Ghast thinks suddenly as the others give their account of what happened.
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 386
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers
Contact:

Re: The Spire

Post by Chef Icky »

Perception: 1d100<55: [90] = 0
JIC: 1d20: [15] = 15 / 1d100: [47] = 47
Starchief wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:40 pmPulling into the Center Spaceport, Starchief breathes a sigh of relief. "You know, I never considered this place home until I went back to Seeron and saw they didn't need me. And now that Haad is gone, maybe they can focus against the Tarlok a bit more. My place is here, doing the work to keep the 3 Galaxies safe which in turn keeps them safe."
"Me ol' chief in charge o' da mess hall used ta say dat home is where ya hung yer apron..." Icky nods. "I ain't sayin' he's wrong, mind ya... but he made da Corps his lifetime career, so dat was easy fer him ta say as everywhere he went he had da Marines as company. Now me? I got me freedom, I got me galley, an' I got me chums on board wit' me. So yeah, Meatball, welcome home..." The ones that haven't died... or been erased... he notes to himself grimly before he shoots StarChief a glance over his shoulder with a grin. "Not dat I wanna pick out curtains with ya or nothin'."
Juan Echo wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:07 pmThe return to Phase World is uneventful. Juan is on the bridge when the Dime Store Magic docks on Level 1. He recounts another bizarre adventure to whoever is co-piloting the ship. "... and that Mothman's name was Gregarro Ivinalititavitch."*
Icky laughs and shakes his head. "Ya know, Red, every time ya spin a yarn like dat I can never tell fer sure if yer bein' serious or just pullin' me hoof. Makes fer a good story, anyways -- I used ta run wit' a Wolfen yutz named Shadowmane. Pup was gettin' our life stories, gonna write up a book or pitch a holovid series or somethin' like dat. I ever run inta him again I'm sendin' him yer way." He did a quick glance over the instruments to make sure everything was going smoothly. "O' course, I could probably curdle his fur wit' some o' me own stories I got since I saw him last..." he adds under his breath. "Alright, we're down... couplings engaged... pressures equalized... engines down ta tickover. Datephus, please notify da tower dat we're secure an' schedule any fleet services dat need schedulin', willya?"
Starchief wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:40 pmStarchief heads to meet with Thraxus and insists that Chef Icky accompany him along with Kaedras and Juan. "The rest of you can get acclimated to the Dime, Center or come along if you have something of value to add. The man we are going to meet is... not nice."
Icky gears up with only minimal weapons (pistol, both swords, Chef's Belt, etc.) and gives Exe a glance. "Make sure ya keep yer bird buddy outta me galley while I'm gone, Kiddo... jus' ask Datephus 'bout what happened da last time some featherheads trashed da place." He adds a smirk and a wink that could leave someone with doubts as to how serious he might actually be.
Ghast wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:59 pm"Do I need to clean up or something?"
"I dunno -- ya showered an' changed clothes since yesterday afternoon, right?" Icky asks... then without warning grabs Ghast's arm and raises it up so he can get a couple of inquisitive sniffs underneath. "Hmmm... kinda like Motherhome Velabrensis... no, no, more like Pecorino Romano..." He lets go of Ghast's arm and claps him on the shoulder. "Jus' messin' wit' ya, chum. Relax. Yer good."

When the group steps through the portal and comes upon a sunbathing Thraxus, Icky can't resist an amused chuckle. Now there's The Manors' Arse right there... literally... He tries to stay quiet and let the others give their reports, but...
Starchief wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:40 pmI'm sure you've had some interesting times in your life, Thraxus, but have you ever had to evade an explosion in your Starthong?
"Bwahahaha!!!!" Icky bursts out in spite of himself for a moment, then quickly tries to re-compose himself. "Sorry, chief. Dat 'un jus' straight up owned me." Starthong. I'm gonna be laughing at that for a standard week.

When it comes his time to speak he clears his throat. "Oi, dey summed it up pretty well big-picture wise. An' Slim 'ere not only held his own against Haad, he also impressed da kaoc outta da air pirates on Axis durin' a round-da-world race. He's definitely got cajones da size o' Greataxe IFVs, dat's fer sure.

I can add dat in da second loop, we discovered Sarge -- dat's me armor -- was missin' so Boog an' I went searchin' fer him. When we caught up ta him he was in a cave an' Decker was, as he put it, communin' wit' him. Lookin' back on it, seems like he was communin' wit' da deevil dat's merged in dere wit' Sarge... which makes me think he might be a deevil himself, jus' FYI. Anyway, he did give Boog an' me some good vague-yet-solid intel on what was goin' on. He asked dat we mention it to ya dat he was of use ta us, so... I'm holdin' ta me word an' tellin' ya dat da lil' pain in da arse was of some use ta us.

Speakin' o' Decker, he was a lil' antsy at da thought o' da relic not bein' returned ta deevil hands, dat other factions might take advantage o' things if dey knew da deevils didn't have it anymore.... an' dat it'd only bond with a deevil. So I decided ta give it a try -- was hopin' dat me botched corruption by da deevils down below Center would count as 'close 'nuff,' but da relic wound up mergin' wit' da deevil hauntin' Sarge instead. Dat seemed ta put him a bit more at ease, an' while I wasn't crazy 'bout da idea I figured it might buy us time ta get here an' see if ya had any ideas as what ta do next."
He pauses a moment. Wait... so that's why Haad looked a little bit off back on Seeron. She was shapeshifting the whole time. That all makes sense now.

He shakes out the mental detour. "Funny thing though, durin' dat first loop we were scrappin' wit' clones o' dose Necrol-buffed Imperal commandoes we tangoed wit' in Center's sub-sub-sub basement an' also on Seeron -- an' by clones I mean dere was like four o' each o' dem -- but only in dat first loop. Da other times Haad was callin' in dose Atorians as suicide bombers. Also, Decker used da name 'Sahtalus' after da mergin'. Dunno if dat's da relic or da deevil inside Sarge. All dat may be relevant or it may not, but figured it was worth mentionin' jus' in case ya recognized any o' dat."

"So... I guess dat leaves da big question o' what do we do from 'ere, an' what do we do wit' da relic an' da deevil dat's havin' a sleepy threeway inside me armor?"
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator.
Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. An' especially when I ain't 'round.


------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Draggor
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:07 pm

Re: The Spire

Post by Draggor »

Perception: 1d100: [4] = 4 | 21%
JIC: 1d20: 1d20: [8] = 8 | 1d100: [13] = 13

Lore: Demons & Monsters 1d100: [18] = 18 | 45% for any myth or legend around the relic.

Post
Starchief wrote:"Of course we are in danger. We have what the Deevils want and I'm sure they'll come after us in no time flat. But remember, as dangerous as it is, Time is now on our side."
I wonder how soon they think that will happen. We have memories of Deevils. It's hard to remember because it wasn't me. It was us!

Back aboard the ship, in the continued discussion with Kaedras,
Kaedras wrote:Kaedras looks at him kindly. "I believe I understand, friend." he sighs, sadly. "Although I have the ability to heal... physical injuries... I do not have the ability to heal an injury of the mind. I wish that I did."
The creature considers what just happened on the planet where we all just met one another, and then offers, "If I am... influenced again, use what you can on me to stop it." Considering how much they don't like more folk poking around in their head, at least it's better if an ally does it. Especially if it prevents hurting an ally.

Other downtime spent on the ship is met with putting together a basic wardrobe: those flight suits work well enough to at least act as a generic uniform, and hopefully give the impression of belonging... somewhere. Energy packs are recharged, weapons are cleaned, and if there's any remaining shrapnel in Draggor's body, well, they'll grit their teeth, dig it out, and let it heal faster.
Starchief wrote:"The rest of you can get acclimated to the Dime, Center or come along if you have something of value to add. The man we are going to meet is... not nice."
We better be going even if we have nothing to say. "We'll go."

Draggor joins, and while there are certainly fantastical encounters centuries ago, as far as this life, and the recent few decades, this is the most astonishing establishment the creature has been in as any sort of free being. Maybe they will pass without much notice or fanfare as a guard of some kind. If the rest of the crew is going without obvious weapons, Draggor will leave theirs behind, otherwise will keep the Vibro Blade at rest on their belt.

Gaze turns to each speaker as their reports are given, feeling no need to speak up in the slightest: the details are well covered. Should any introductions be required, Draggor's is short, stunted even as when they crash landed on that planet: people presuming the beast as "simple" sure does come in handy at times. Similarly if their own version of a report is requested:

"Jumped through a rift. Got pulled, very long trip. Crashed on the planet on their second loop. Pledged allegiance, helped defeat the enemy, now here." That's still too much information, he didn't need to know that. We didn't ask the crew not to share, the captain would log it. Just because you suddenly have "friends" doesn't mean you can drop your guard.
Draggor | Ledger
M.D.C.: 1,349 / 1,349
P.P.E.: 89 / 89

Draggor's current life inner voice is like this.
Any of Draggor's past lives' inner voice is like this.

Events of Note
User avatar
Exe
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:10 pm

Re: The Spire

Post by Exe »

Perception: 1d100: [39] = 39 /36%
JiC: 1d20: [9] = 9 / 1d100: [20] = 20

Skills:
Invoke Trust: 1d100: [74] = 74 /86% (He's just getting acclimated)

Post:

Once aboard the DSM, and after any necessary paperwork is done, Exe and Corus find an unobtrusive part of the hold with a window to watch to jump. On a random ship full of really odd aliens but it beats that planet... And no one has even spoken to me yet. Ha. Still haven't heard anything more about this tear or whatever... Exe muses to his ally who softly bobs its head in acknowledgement. The pair watch the flight into Phase World from a new perspective; having been on more than one passenger ship to Phase World, the flight path is definitely different when going to Level 1. The number of times we tried to get up here, bud, and now, they're walking us in! Exe exclaims to his familiar. Corus caws back to him and sort of hops on its feet, the clicking of its talons on the metal hull echoing. "You bet bud, they got a big nexus here; plenty of room to soar." Exe says, imitating flying with his hand near the window while Corus watches.
Starchief wrote:"The rest of you can get acclimated to the Dime, Center or come along if you have something of value to add. The man we are going to meet is... not nice."
Exe glances to the acclaimed captain of the ship and shakes his head. "I'll pass and hit the nexus instead. I'll be back before you guys." Exe says with a shrug and leaves down the main ramp. If I come back, still not sure about you guys and there's plenty to find on Level One! Exe thinks to himself giddily.

Corus is already waiting at the base of the ramp and the pair walk through whatever security they need to before they are free to fly to the nearest public nexus. Once they have their path, Exe finds a comfortable spot above Corus's wings as the Eagle postures for takeoff. Let's go, bud. Exe tells his friend who wastes no time. Barreling up in seconds, the Lightning Eagle soars to the Ley Line and follows it towards the Nexus. Exe leaning in and doing rolls as they fly.

The pair will stay on course to the Nexus, avoiding anyone or anything along the way before finally reaching the vortex of ambient energies. The pair will circle the nexus for awhile, just soaking in the ambient energies and being up in flight in a relatively safe place. Though, like all good things, this flight had to end sooner than expected. We should get back bud, we can come back here again. Who knows, maybe flying with these guys will let us find even larger nexus's to fly. Exe says and feels the sadness from his friend at the end of the flight as it rears around and makes for a return trip. Yeah, I know. Well, what would you do about it. Exe remarks to his eagle who think lights up and sparks the young demigod while gliding down the line. "HEY!" Exe exclaims. Not cool. Exe thinks, his brow furrowed as Corus coos.

The pair return (hopefully before everyone visiting Thraxus) with just enough time to get acclimated to the ship without much adult supervision.
Salvage - 1d100: [41] = 41 / 56% (What looks good)
Appraise Goods - 1d100: [21] = 21 / 51% (Oh, that's valuable)
Prowl - 1d100: [36] = 36 / 56% (Don't call me twinkletoes.)
Palming - 1d100: [16] = 16 / 56% (Ehhhh, better put that back but good to know it's there...)
If, at any point, Exe stumbles upon an adult whilst getting acclimated, the young demi-god will sheepishly start chatting with whomever it is. "Uh, huh ha, hey! Uh, what was your name? Do you know if I get my own room?" Exe asks with an innocent grin. If he doesn't encounter anyone, he will search for an empty room that large enough for both him and his eagle (preferably a bunk one where the eagle can perch on the second bunk ;) ) and claim it.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Oren Exe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Ronan (Spook Squad)
ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ
User avatar
Draggor
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:07 pm

Re: The Spire

Post by Draggor »

Rolls carried over.

Post

The briefing ends up being more of a non event than anticipated, regardless of the "meanness" encountered. Not being the center of attention, or target, rather, should carry a bigger sense of relief, but the idea of infinite choice in the immediate future presents a different kind of stress. Now what? Vengeance! Relaxation! Shop! Focus! RUN! Thoughts are as discordant as ever, and the agitation Draggor feels can be seen in clenched fists.

Once back at the ship, Draggor asks it direct, "Datephus, do you have a training area? Can.. I use it?" Anyone who happens to listen can sense the struggle to say "I" instead of "we". Realizing that gear and personal items will need a place to stay, and considering that the creature themselves is sticking around, quarters space. This also gets asked of the ship, with Q11 getting reserved by the beast assuming it's still open.

With the flight suit removed and a quick checking over the gym's facilities, Draggor works to set up a punching bag from the equipment lockers, and begins a fairly routine program. Punches, kicks, flips, holds, all clearly restrained as they could destroy this stuff without too much effort. With the prowling and stalking fresh in Draggor's mind from the planet, increasingly eyes and hands glow, though no energy blast is fired.

You're forgetting something important.
"It can wait."
We have resources! Let's USE THEM!
"It. Can. Wait."
You bound us to them? What about freedom?!
"WE ARE FREE!"
Go retire for a hundred cycles, we've earned it!
"QUIET! STOP! RAAAAAAAAAAH!"

Just at this moment, Draggor grabs at what would be the neck of an opponent, but in this case is just the punching bag, lifting it up in the air while their other hand crackles with a full potency fireball, ready to kill this piece of equipment dead. A split second longer and the blast would fly, but seeing Exe in the doorway of the gym redirects this fit. Eyes alight, Draggor stomps towards the doorway, "YOU! WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM US?"
Draggor | Ledger
M.D.C.: 1,349 / 1,349
P.P.E.: 89 / 89

Draggor's current life inner voice is like this.
Any of Draggor's past lives' inner voice is like this.

Events of Note
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
Posts: 690
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: The Spire

Post by Dark Lord »

The wrap-up on Battlefield is fairly mundane, at least by your standards. Starchief joins the healers in doing what he can for the wounded, and during their trip to the local nexus Draggor asks for (and gets) Kaedras’ solemn promise of aid should an enemy psychic once again use Draggor against the rest of their new allies. The ride back is also routine, and mercifully short thanks to the phase transceiver. You all have a couple hours to kill, in total. Juan and Icky take the helm and entertain themselves by swapping stories. Kaedras spends most of the day digesting all that has happened, and the fact that they are now stuck with two quasi-deevils in their midst, over the course of writing a letter to his beloved. Draggor and Ghast rustle through the ship’s stores looking for something resembling an outfit they can use- Kaedras offers to help but finds that his clothes are too small to fit Draggor. Ghast can get away with using the borrowed clothes, but they are noticeably too long for the human and the sleeves hanging off of his arms and legs makes the deadly assassin look vaguely childlike. An amusing juxtaposition for any who take a moment to notice it. Fortunately, the spacer suits in storage were made to accommodate a wider range of species, and Draggor is at least able to cover their nakedness with one. It is adequate, barely. Those of you who were in the thick of battle have a little time to clean yourselves (and change clothes if you have extra available). Then, it’s back to Center.

Most of you gather either on the bridge or in the cargo hold, taking landing positions and eagerly awaiting your return to civilization. Or, dare I say it, home- several of the crew’s senior members realize with a start that this is how they’ve come to think of the mega-megalopolis, and the Dime Store Magic. Home. You’re glad you were able to keep the ship from blowing up this time. While Ghast is silently impressed with the speed and ease of the team’s docking in the city’s upper levels, it’s largely routine for the rest of you. Sure enough, you are summoned posthaste. When you are ready, most of you head for the briefing with Thraxus- although Exe opts out and decides to go his own way.

Once you are at the beach, most of you studiously avoid looking at Thraxus’ mostly naked body, though of course the godling gives no signs of self-consciousness or modesty. Which is pretty much in keeping with his reputation (for the newcomers) and his past behavior (for the old-timers). Starchief takes the lead in briefing your employer, with Kaedras supplying a great many of the details of the water relic’s operation and getting the gold star from Starchief for singlehandedly holding Haad off, and the rest of you interjecting comments and introductions as appropriate. Kaedras’ description of the water relic’s abilities prompt a muffled grunt from Thraxus, who continues to lie facedown on his towel regardless of any annoyance his lackadaisical attitude may cause. After Starchief and Kaedras finish the main points, Icky adds a few of his own- the three of you adding a note about Decker’s “assistance” but Icky going into the most detail.
Chef Icky wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:50 pm"Also, Decker used da name 'Sahtalus' after da mergin'. Dunno if dat's da relic or da deevil inside Sarge. All dat may be relevant or it may not, but figured it was worth mentionin' jus' in case ya recognized any o' dat."
This actually prompts Thraxus’ interest- the godling lifts his head to look at Icky, then levers himself to his feel to regard the minotaur quizzically. Heedless of any parts of his anatomy that might be a little too visible in the process. ”Sahtalus is the supreme lord of Dyvaal. The top of their hierarchy. If your suspicions about Decker are correct, then I would tread very carefully with this new relic of yours. No deevil is going to mention Sahtalus’ name lightly, even if it is part of some scheme. As for Decker’s true nature, it would not surprise me. I have had some minor dealings with the man through Naruni. So far as I know, his job performance has been excellent. Then again, Naruni Enterprises is just the sort of place where a cunning deevil could succeed. I’ll see if I can learn anything else about the man, but even if he is a deevil that doesn’t necessarily make him our enemy. We could not have defended Center successfully from the demons without their aid, and if what he says about the circumstances of your last mission are true, they are unlikely to make common cause for our enemies. I realize that for many of you” his gaze swivels to point at Starchief ”may not wish to associate yourselves with such, but given the stakes we may not have that luxury.”
Chef Icky wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:50 pm "So... I guess dat leaves da big question o' what do we do from 'ere, an' what do we do wit' da relic an' da deevil dat's havin' a sleepy threeway inside me armor?"
Thraxus sighs. ”Part of me almost wishes you had agreed to Decker’s request- but I agree, he cannot be trusted, be he human or deevil. As I see it, we have two options. You leave your armor here, and I shall find some specialist to study this new relic of yours, or you take it with you and leverage your bond with it to learn what you can yourself. The choice is yours- it will likely be safer here than traversing the Three Galaxies, but I can offer no guarantees that I will be able to do more than keep it as safe as I can. And I’m not so willing to erode my authority that I will pit it against the bond between a Marine and his armor. The choice is yours, Chef, but make it a good one.”

After Icky makes his decision, Thraxus will nod and clamber back down to his towel, now sitting face up (I guess he was due for a rotation). ”You have done well. We now have established a defensive relic in addition to an offensive one. I see no reason to send Kaedras back to Battlefield just to keep him on perpetual medical duty for the Free World Council, so you may stay with the team for now. As for Haad’s time relic, I will try to learn what I can but if my prior efforts with the others that we have collected are any indication, we are dealing with something that predates recorded history in all of the Three Galaxies. What clues might remain after all that time are few, far-between, and well-hidden. For now, your overarching mission has not changed. This was supposed to be a milk run, but given the scenarios you presented it looks like things worked out as close to ideal as possible. See Doodles on your way out for payment- it will be less than you’re used to but still worth retrieving a relic in my opinion.” Should anyone look askance at Thraxus for the reduction, he will simply say ”Circumstances are changing. We all have to make do.” On your way back to the ship, Doodles hands Starchief a credit chip with 25 million on it- a reduction to be sure, but still adequate in the grand scheme of things. Hopefully you won’t have to replace parts on the Dime Store Magic anytime soon.

After the briefing, you are all free to go. Draggor makes their way back to the ship, and asks Datephus about a training area. The AI responds promptly, ”AFFIRMATIVE, CREWMEMBER DESIGNATE: DRAGGOR. THE SHIP’S GYM IS LOCATED ON THE UPPER LEVEL, STARBOARD SIDE AND JUST AFT OF THE WALKWAY TO THE MYSTIC GENERATOR. I CAN ASSIST YOU IF YOU REQUIRE MORE PRECISE DIRECTIONS” Either way Draggor finds their way there, and then proceeds to go a smidge nuts on the equipment, screaming at anyone who happens upon them during the display.

Meanwhile, Exe decides to check out the local nexus. His first surprise is the need to access the rest of the city via some sort of archaic teleportation circle set up in the docking area. Using it teleports him to the back room of Doodles’ Discount Destruction Devices- the proprietor gives the young man a quizzical look and a raised eyebrow as Exe and his familiar emerge, but does not move to interfere with him as Exe leaves the store and sets out trying to find a ley line nexus. Once out in the city, Exe is quickly taken aback by the scope and grandeur of the city of Center- heart of trade in the Three Galaxies. Exe had thought that he grew up in a large city, but Center is on a completely different level- more than 10, in fact. The temporal mage gets overwhelmed by all the buildings and crowds and exotic aliens, and is in danger of getting lost before he finds the various maps and other navigational aids placed to help visitors. From there he and Corvus manage to find their way to the nearest ley line nexus. While it is heavily monitored by Promethean security, visitors are allowed to approach (although signs note that dangerous spellcasting will be dealt with harshly). The two of you visit the nexus, bask in the energies a bit, and engage in a little telepathic back and forth before Exe decides it’s time to get back.

Finding his way back to Doodles’ is a little more challenging (for some reason, it’s not listed on the city maps, and other navigational tools available are not helpful). This requires a little more exploration, and getting lost, than Exe would have liked but eventually he finds the storefront. He’s about to go in when he hears a commotion- lots of angry voices coming from an alley near the store. Peeking into it, Exe spies what at first appears to be a mob- many of whose members appear to be holding up signs. It takes the demigod a minute to read, and many of the languages are unfamiliar to him, but he is able to make out a few snippets of slogans- “CANCEL THRAXUS” “FREEDOM FOR ALL LIFE” “DIVEST FROM SLAVERS” “NARUNI KILLS” “NO GODS, ONLY THE GREATER GOOD” “ADVENTURERS = SLAVERS.” As he reads, Exe realizes that in fact he is looking at some sort of political protest (albeit, one not so far removed from an angry mob). They appear to be clustered around one of the entrances to Level 1- presumably the closest they were allowed to get. There’s plenty of Promethean security in evidence, and while the crowd is clearly passionate there’s no indication that things are about to turn violent. Still, he doesn’t have a great feeling about this…

What are you doing?
Why kill a PC when you can torture their player?
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Kaedras Starfall
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: The Spire

Post by Kaedras Starfall »

Perception 48% 1d100: [38] = 38

JIC: 1d20: [16] = 16
JIC: 1d100: [63] = 63

Before Thraxus Meeting
Draggor wrote:"If I am... influenced again, use what you can on me to stop it."
Kaedras bows slightly. "You have my promise. I do not know how I could stop such a being as you, but I promise you I shall try."
Exe wrote:"Uh, huh ha, hey! Uh, what was your name? Do you know if I get my own room?"
Kaedras answers, "I am Kaedras, of House Idralion. I apologize if I have not formally introduced myself... I shall show you to an empty room." Kaedras shows Exe to room 7, showing him the galley, gym, and medical on the way. "I hope you find these quarters to your liking, my young friend. At some point we shall have to become better acquainted. For now, I am afraid I have an appointment with Lord Thraxus."


During Thraxus Meeting
Starchief wrote:Also, if you weren't already aware, Kaedras is now the MVP of our crew. He held the priestess back almost single-handedly while the rest of us dealt with her clones.
Icky wrote:An' Slim 'ere not only held his own against Haad, he also impressed da kaoc outta da air pirates on Axis durin' a round-da-world race. He's definitely got cajones da size o' Greataxe IFVs, dat's fer sure.
Kaedras inclines his head - barely noticeably - at the compliments from his two crewmates - his two friends. If an elf could blush, he would probably be beet red.

I do not know what good I have done to deserve such friends as these, but I thank the gods for them.
Thraxus wrote: I see no reason to send Kaedras back to Battlefield just to keep him on perpetual medical duty for the Free World Council, so you may stay with the team for now.
Kaedras inclines his head in acknowledgement of the orders. I do not know how - or if - I shall ever be unbound from this relic, before my death severs the connection. But Lord Thraxus gifted it to me, and so I am in his debt. I shall use this relic in the service of the Three Galaxies, and if it leads me to my end, then I pray to the gods that I make such an end to bring honor to my House.

When they are excused, Kaedras makes his way back to the Dime Store Magic.

"After the dealings on Axis V, I believe a rest is in order, while we have the time to do so."

I must rest, indeed, and clean myself, and reprovision - I have need of more arrows at a minimum. Then I must make the acquaintance of our new fellows Ghast and Exe and Draggor. Who knows how much time we shall have before we are again called away? I should make the best use of my time possible.

He claps Juan on the shoulder. "Come friend. I have to sleep, and to wash the blood of Atorians from my armor. Then perhaps we can go celebrate our victory as befits a god such as yourself."
Kaedras Starfall
I.S.P.: 6/188
M.D.C.: 45/45

Psionic Crystal Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 22 each
Main Body: 35/35
Psionic Force Field: 70/70 (Can be used 4 times per 24 hour period without I.S.P. cost to user)


Aldón MDC: 125/150

Water Relic PPE: 110/300
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: The Spire

Post by Juan Echo »

Perception (33%) 1d100<33: [40] = 0
JiC 1d20: [8] = 8 / 1d100: [80] = 80

Armor
Splugorth Talisman of Armor of Ithan (totally spent)
Cargo shorts
Gronk shirt
Action Sandals

Weapons
Magical clubs with the Rings of Sha Los (2)

Juan lets his teammates do most of the talking when standing next to Thraxus. He notices the hostility that Starchief puts in his delivery. His ideals are endearing, but surely even he realizes this fight is bigger than urqos morality. But even the Wandering God stiffs at the suggestion that they have common cause with the deevils.
Thraxus wrote:"We could not have defended Center successfully from the demons without their aid, and if what he says about the circumstances of your last mission are true, they are unlikely to make common cause for our enemies. I realize that for many of you may not wish to associate yourselves with such, but given the stakes we may not have that luxury."
An alliance I or any self-respecting god would loathe to make. Yeah, but what about Thraxus? Jokes aside, sister, he is right. Hate to say it, but two armies of evil little monsters fighting each is better than two armies of evil little monsters fighting against you. He sighs. Despite what Joan may say, it's not as simple as 'the enemy of one's enemy'. We made the decision to travel down this path as a team.
Thraxus wrote:"As I see it, we have two options. You leave your armor here, and I shall find some specialist to study this new relic of yours, or you take it with you and leverage your bond with it to learn what you can yourself... The choice is yours, Chef, but make it a good one."
And Juan says as much when it comes to deciding what to do with Icky's power armor, Sarge. "If the armor stays with us, I vow to protect it and the relic bonded to it. And I also vow to protect the Three Galaxies form that relic should it ever turn on us."

When dismissed, Juan puts his shirt back on and follows the others out the portal. He sees Doodles hand Starchief the credit chip. The look between them indicates that the lower funds reflects that despite the big win on Axis V things were about to get worse.
Urqos Kaedras wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:39 am"Come friend. I have to sleep, and to wash the blood of Atorians from my armor. Then perhaps we can go celebrate our victory as befits a god such as yourself."
"Indeed! You did many heroic things in battle, and proven yourself a noble being. You are not a mere urqos." Juan smiles and clasps Kaedreas' shoulder. "Just as we call the man that wields the fire relic the Torchbearer, we shall call you the Waterboy! Rest now so we can enjoy all that the Center has to offer!"

Juan marches back to Doodle's shop with his arms around Kaedras and Icky. As always, he is excited for the adventures they will have with a night out on Center. They might outclass the fancy bars of the upper levels or really live it up in the dives of the lower levels. Or maybe Juan will be distracted by the mob gathering at the entrance to Level 1, let go of his companions, and slowly wander around the crowd of protestors. He stops in front of the protestor holding the sign that says, 'NO GODS, ONLY THE GREATER GOOD'.

"Excuse me, little Urqos" the Wandering God says. "Surely you mean to say that the Gods are not good. After all, we are the avatars of existence within the Megaverse. Does not the God of Travelers *ahem* serve those that wander the stars? Isn't that for the greater good?"
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 300/300
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 76/76

May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
User avatar
Draggor
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:07 pm

Re: The Spire

Post by Draggor »

Perception: 1d100: [18] = 18 | 21%
JIC: 1d20: 1d20: [13] = 13 | 1d100: [87] = 87

Intent: In searching for items: anything that would help deal with Draggor's awful -4 psionics save and/or provide protection or resistance against charm/suggestion like effects. Similarly, anyone or anything that would be able to help with concentration or meditation would also be sought out.

Post - During Thraxus
"We... I... get credits?" Any of Draggor's past lives has been some degree of autonomous in the Three Galaxies, but this latest go has been as far from comfort as it gets. We can have things again!

Post - After Thraxus
After completing an episode of "The Room Where The Monster Screams At You", actual, genuine, private time seems like a good idea. Whatever that flare up was, the energy is out of Draggor's system, the chatterboxes in their head are quiet, and getting acquainted with their quarters had to happen sooner or later, might as well do that next. Luckily it's just across the hall. Once there and fiddling with buttons and touch pads, the creature experiments with what at first appears to be a simple room, only to go wide eyed over the bed and especially the shower. "Almost... remember what it could be like..." The sudden transition from effectively on the run into a whole heck of a lot of luxury is jarring, but at the same time deeply appreciated. "We definitely must get sorted out, this is good." That could almost count for being upbeat!

Not having much to put away reignites the fact that Draggor has credits to spend, which of course means firing up the holo computer, and introduces the next complication: symbols continue to look very familiar, but cannot be parsed. "It's in there, I know words are in there..." The lightbulb moment is that voice commands are an option. Though if the beast is going to be talking, might as well be with the ship, right? "Datephus, can you help me? I need to purchase equipment while we are here." Assuming the request goes through, Draggor gets comfortable while looking at the room's display screen, and has quite a time browsing, building up a list of places to visit before we depart. If Datephus can't help, voice commands to the holographic personal computer are done instead. Electronics, magic items, and even a plain and simple tailor are things among the list.

With enough time spent browsing, it eventually becomes time to actually meet the crew. Since regular clothes aren't acquired yet, another simple space suit will have to do, it worked in front of Thraxus. Or was it Thraxus working it? If crew aren't immediately in the galley, a brief tour of the ship commences, and if nobody is encountered, then the in person browsing can begin!
Draggor | Ledger
M.D.C.: 1,349 / 1,349
P.P.E.: 89 / 89

Draggor's current life inner voice is like this.
Any of Draggor's past lives' inner voice is like this.

Events of Note
User avatar
Ghast
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:31 pm

Re: The Spire

Post by Ghast »

Perception: 1d100: [43] = 43 /49%
Just in Case: 1d20: [3] = 3 ; 1d100: [13] = 13
Conditions: Sixth Sense (Inactive).

Ghast continues to watch the spectacle in front of him. And I thought my life was already strange. Ghast thinks as he follows the others out of the meeting. Once out of Thraxus' sight, Ghast yawns, then puts a hand to his stomach as it follows the yawn with a audible growl. Ghast looks to Icky. "You're the team chef, could I bother you for food then?" Ghast asks as politely as his growling stomach allows.

Once back on the ship, Ghast throws his dirty clothes in the washer, and makes his way to the galley. A thoughtful look on his face, Ghast walks to the sink and washes his hands, before making his way to the fridge to rummage for a snack. Might take the guy a bit to cook. Ghast thinks as he grabs a piece of fruit. "I suppose I should talk to Starchief about future employment. Seeing as we haven't really had anything resembling a conversation." Ghast says either to himself or whoever else is in the room with him.

All of that is forgotten as Ghast eats the piece of fruit. The Psi-Slayers pleasure centers go crazy at the thought of something tasty. Once Ghast finishes eating, he looks about a bit embaressed. "Been a day or two since I've eaten anything." He says in excuse for his behavior.

Ghast goes to find Starchief. "Hi there, we're not really well acquainted, and I may be overstepping my bounds, but I wanted to see if you were hiring. I may have just gone AWOL from my last job so at the moment I'm unemployed. My name is Ghast, and to be honest I was trained as an assassin, not my ideal of a good occupation, and to be further honest I wasn't really given any choice in the matter either. I'm a decent tracker, a competent fighter, and psychic of the Master category. All I ask for is a fair cut." Ghast says, with a look of nervousness.
User avatar
Starchief
Group Leader
Posts: 511
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)
Contact:

Re: The Spire

Post by Starchief »

Perception: 1d100: [34] = 34 /62%
JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19 / 1d100: [15] = 15
Chef Icky wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:50 pm
Starchief wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:40 pmI'm sure you've had some interesting times in your life, Thraxus, but have you ever had to evade an explosion in your Starthong?
"Bwahahaha!!!!" Icky bursts out in spite of himself for a moment, then quickly tries to re-compose himself. "Sorry, chief. Dat 'un jus' straight up owned me." Starthong. I'm gonna be laughing at that for a standard week.
Don't laugh, don't laugh, important meeting. Starchief nods to Icky and keeps a straight face while dealing with Thraxus.
Dark Lord wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:07 am”Sahtalus is the supreme lord of Dyvaal. The top of their hierarchy. If your suspicions about Decker are correct, then I would tread very carefully with this new relic of yours. No deevil is going to mention Sahtalus’ name lightly, even if it is part of some scheme. As for Decker’s true nature, it would not surprise me. I have had some minor dealings with the man through Naruni. So far as I know, his job performance has been excellent. Then again, Naruni Enterprises is just the sort of place where a cunning deevil could succeed.”
Of course Thraxus would speak of this sack of garbage's work quality. At least he's consistent. Annoyingly so...
Dark Lord wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:07 am”I’ll see if I can learn anything else about the man, but even if he is a deevil that doesn’t necessarily make him our enemy. We could not have defended Center successfully from the demons without their aid, and if what he says about the circumstances of your last mission are true, they are unlikely to make common cause for our enemies. I realize that for many of you” his gaze swivels to point at Starchief ”may not wish to associate yourselves with such, but given the stakes we may not have that luxury.”
Starchief struggles to keep his eyes from rolling. Yes, yes, some of us have strong morals and others of us have to think of the 'big picture'. Any picture that involves us working alongside pure evil is not one that I or my crew will be involved in. Our hand may be forced at times, but we won't willingly side with Deevils if we can help it.
Chef Icky wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:50 pm"So... I guess dat leaves da big question o' what do we do from 'ere, an' what do we do wit' da relic an' da deevil dat's havin' a sleepy threeway inside me armor?"
Thraxus wrote:"As I see it, we have two options. You leave your armor here, and I shall find some specialist to study this new relic of yours, or you take it with you and leverage your bond with it to learn what you can yourself... The choice is yours, Chef, but make it a good one."
Juan Echo wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:59 pm And Juan says as much when it comes to deciding what to do with Icky's power armor, Sarge. "If the armor stays with us, I vow to protect it and the relic bonded to it. And I also vow to protect the Three Galaxies form that relic should it ever turn on us."
"We hold onto it. I don't trust it anywhere but with us. Besides, would you be able to disengage it now that it's bonded to your armor?"
Dark Lord wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:07 am”You have done well. We now have established a defensive relic in addition to an offensive one. I see no reason to send Kaedras back to Battlefield just to keep him on perpetual medical duty for the Free World Council, so you may stay with the team for now. As for Haad’s time relic, I will try to learn what I can but if my prior efforts with the others that we have collected are any indication, we are dealing with something that predates recorded history in all of the Three Galaxies. What clues might remain after all that time are few, far-between, and well-hidden. For now, your overarching mission has not changed. This was supposed to be a milk run, but given the scenarios you presented it looks like things worked out as close to ideal as possible. See Doodles on your way out for payment- it will be less than you’re used to but still worth retrieving a relic in my opinion.” Should anyone look askance at Thraxus for the reduction, he will simply say ”Circumstances are changing. We all have to make do.” On your way back to the ship, Doodles hands Starchief a credit chip with 25 million on it- a reduction to be sure, but still adequate in the grand scheme of things. Hopefully you won’t have to replace parts on the Dime Store Magic anytime soon.
Starchief listens to the summation of the mission and nods his tentative agreement. When Doodles hands him the credit chip, Starchief looks at it and his face falls a bit. "Definitely a reduction. Should be enough to keep the crew running for now. Thanks Doodles. I'll be back to talk about charitable donations later."

After the meeting, Starchief heads back to the DSM and makes sure his gear is properly cleaned, repaired and stored. The helmet for his armor having been destroyed, he makes a note to get that item replaced. But before he has a chance to leave the DSM...
Ghast wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:52 amGhast goes to find Starchief. "Hi there, we're not really well acquainted, and I may be overstepping my bounds, but I wanted to see if you were hiring. I may have just gone AWOL from my last job so at the moment I'm unemployed. My name is Ghast, and to be honest I was trained as an assassin, not my ideal of a good occupation, and to be further honest I wasn't really given any choice in the matter either. I'm a decent tracker, a competent fighter, and psychic of the Master category. All I ask for is a fair cut." Ghast says, with a look of nervousness.
Starchief looks up from his datapad where he is compiling a list of repairs to his personal equipment as well as any ship repairs that need to take place. "Ghast the Tracker. Helped us find Quan when the shit hit the fan. Have a seat." Starchief offers the man a seat in the Galley of the Dime Store Magic. "Here, have a can of Seljuk Root Drink. The last Captain left a case behind. I find it to be rather pleasant." Starchief opens a can of the beverage and sizes Ghast up. "Do you own a suit of armor, Ghast? Ghast seems like a callsign, not a name. If you're going to be a part of this crew, you'll need a name. Do you have one of those?" Starchief picks up on the nervousness that Ghast is exuding and eases up a bit. "It sounds like you've got the skills we need. Our crew is dedicated to protecting the Three Galaxies and all of its peoples from threats bigger than one can imagine. Can you make me a promise that you'll act on the side of good if we bring you on. It's not always clean or nice, but sometimes you have to take out a few evil bastards to save millions of innocent lives. We always pay a fair cut. A quarter of our pay for any job gets split between the crewmates, myself included. A cap of One and a Half Million Creds. The rest goes into the maintenance of the ship's various needs. I can pull the charter up if you're interested, but so far, no one's taken me up on that. If you're gonna join up, know that you don't mess with the Galley. This is Icky's territory and he'll rip you a new one if you touch his spices. Don't touch the Mystic Engine, it will absorb you and you'll be gone forever. And don't invite pirates on to my damn ship, I enjoy keeping my possessions where they are."

If Ghast agrees to the terms, Starchief claps the man on the shoulder and says "Alright, welcome aboard, Ghast. May we live to tell the story."
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image
Ledger
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 386
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers
Contact:

Re: The Spire

Post by Chef Icky »

Perception: 1d100<58: [20*] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19 / 1d100: [65] = 65
Dark Lord wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:07 am”Sahtalus is the supreme lord of Dyvaal. The top of their hierarchy. If your suspicions about Decker are correct, then I would tread very carefully with this new relic of yours. No deevil is going to mention Sahtalus’ name lightly, even if it is part of some scheme. As for Decker’s true nature, it would not surprise me. I have had some minor dealings with the man through Naruni. So far as I know, his job performance has been excellent. Then again, Naruni Enterprises is just the sort of place where a cunning deevil could succeed. I’ll see if I can learn anything else about the man, but even if he is a deevil that doesn’t necessarily make him our enemy. We could not have defended Center successfully from the demons without their aid, and if what he says about the circumstances of your last mission are true, they are unlikely to make common cause for our enemies. I realize that for many of you” his gaze swivels to point at Starchief ”may not wish to associate yourselves with such, but given the stakes we may not have that luxury.”
Icky's eyebrows rise at Thraxus' mention of the name. "Well dat explains a lot... no wonder Decker was more dan a skosh antsy 'bout da relic an' asked us not ta -- what'd he call it -- 'monkeyin' wit' her.' Guess if I were deevil royalty bunkin' down wit' Sarge in a suit o' power armor I wouldn't be too keen on bein' monkeyed wit' either."

"An' I dunno if I'd call Decker an 'enemy' straight up..." he shrugs. "An annoyance, on da other hoof? An irritation? A stinkin' bloatfly in da fresh-churned butter? Now dat's different. But as much as it pains me ta admit, if I can stomach playin' nice wit' da Sploogs a deevil on da Naruni board might as well be a walk in da arborteum by comparison. We'd still appreciate anythin' ya can dig up on him, all da same. Maybe some angles we can play on him ta get some leverage."
Dark Lord wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:07 amThraxus sighs. ”Part of me almost wishes you had agreed to Decker’s request- but I agree, he cannot be trusted, be he human or deevil. As I see it, we have two options. You leave your armor here, and I shall find some specialist to study this new relic of yours, or you take it with you and leverage your bond with it to learn what you can yourself. The choice is yours- it will likely be safer here than traversing the Three Galaxies, but I can offer no guarantees that I will be able to do more than keep it as safe as I can. And I’m not so willing to erode my authority that I will pit it against the bond between a Marine and his armor. The choice is yours, Chef, but make it a good one.”
Icky has to close his eyes and turn away for a moment. The offer is tempting, very tempting. If anyone could dig up answers on what's going on and how to safely cleanse Sarge without making the deevil inside -- and more importantly, the relic bonded to it -- even more of a danger than it already is, then it has to be Thraxus. He's got to have more resources at his disposal than most governments, right? And he did offer to take it off our hands...

But then images start flashing back into Icky's mind. Images he'll never be able to totally forget. Images of the UWW Consulate being turned into a charnel house. Images of his fellow Marines lying dead in the streets. Images of Third Secretary Eripon's desperate holovid recording. Images of all the destruction brought upon innocents whose only crime was being at the wrong place at the wrong time. Destruction inadvertently caused by him.

No. I'm not going to break down like that again. And I won't dump my problems on someone else and run away again. I swore Sarge I wouldn't abandon him again. It's because I abandoned him when I signed out in the first place that we're all in this mess. And even though I'm putting my crewmates in danger by keeping him around, and probably put them in a lot more danger by merging him with the relic, at least I can try and do something about it. And we can take care of ourselves, right? Right? He turns his gaze back to Thraxus. Dionysus give me strength for what's ahead of me. What's ahead of all of us.
Starchief wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:25 pm
Juan Echo wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:59 pm And Juan says as much when it comes to deciding what to do with Icky's power armor, Sarge. "If the armor stays with us, I vow to protect it and the relic bonded to it. And I also vow to protect the Three Galaxies form that relic should it ever turn on us."
"We hold onto it. I don't trust it anywhere but with us. Besides, would you be able to disengage it now that it's bonded to your armor?"
His ears prick up as he hears others taking up for Sarge and verbalizing what he has thus far refused to do. Alright, I feel a lot better about this now.

He clears his throat. “Oi, chief, dat’s a right generous offer. I got no doubt ya mean what ya say an’ I appreciate da thought. But da last time I dropped Sarge off fer studyin’… well… let’s just say it didn’t end well. I ain’t no deevilish scholar, an’ I ain’t no expert on haunted power armor, but Red an' Meatball are spot-on. All menu items considered it's still best if we hang onta Sarge fer da time bein'. If ya learn anythin’, pipe it through to us an’ I’ll do da same if I learn anythin’ on me end.” He gives a grin and nod to both Starchief and Juan.

After the meeting's concluded he's on the way out when he hears Ghast yawn and growl.
Ghast wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:52 am"You're the team chef, could I bother you for food then?"
A grin spreads across Icky's broad muzzle and it's pretty obvious his day just got brightened. "Oi, ya, I reckon we can set dat up..." he checks the chrono in his HPC. "It'll be lunchtime soon so I'll need to get workin' in da galley anyways." He gives Ghast a nudge with his elbow. "An' fer da record, it ain't never a 'bother' ta ask."

Once they get back to the ship, he heads straight for the galley and starts happily busying himself with the task of preparing not only lunch for everyone but also a snack to tide Ghast over until then -- or rather, he starts to until he sees Ghast noshing on a piece of fruit. "Good 'nuff, I guess..." Icky chuckles. "Ya won't spoil yer appetite dat way..." He looks Ghast up and down for a moment. "Welcome aboard, by da way. Guess I'm gonna haveta start callin' ya Nibbles." He turns back to his cooking. "Ain't had a Nibbles on board since Squishy's little kiddo. Dat Squishy was a good 'un -- a fair dinkum helpin' hand in da galley an' understandably glad ta not be a Sploog slave no more. Could'a been a solid member o' da crew had he stayed. Wonder what da two o' dem's up ta nowadays."
Starchief wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:25 pm"If you're gonna join up, know that you don't mess with the Galley. This is Icky's territory and he'll rip you a new one if you touch his spices."
If this is said within Icky's hearing, he just grins to himself.
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator.
Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. An' especially when I ain't 'round.


------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Exe
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:10 pm

Re: The Spire

Post by Exe »

Perception: 1d100: [6] = 6 /36%
JiC: 1d20: [10] = 10 / 1d100: [90] = 90

Skills:
Streetwise: 1d100: [52] = 52 /43% (The mob down the alley / find his way back)
Prowl (Invis; Super): 1d100: [48] = 48 /98% (Sneaky sneaky like)

Post:

Exe waves to the confused shop owner and gives a half-grin. "Don't mind us." He says as he and his familiar leave the store before being overwhelmed by the city that followed. "This place is huge, bud." Exe mutters out loud, wandering forward to find the Nexus.

After the flight, Exe and Corus begin the return trip to Doodles shop with varying degrees of success, starting in the air. I thought you knew where it was! Exe exclaims in his mind. After a brief pause, Exe shakes his head. You always know which way to go. Now you're lost? Exe asks again. Uh huh, a city. Well, we'll find our way back. Let's head down to the ground, get our bearings. Exe suggests and the pair fly down to try to find Doddles shop that way.

That's when Exe's curiosity is piqued by the mob, and as he peeks around and watched, the Demigod recoils and blinks. Adults. The young demigod thinks, rolling his eyes. I want to see what's going on. Hang out by the shop, bud. Exe says and then the young demigod will trigger his armor's invisibility then approach the crowd to listen a little bit about what their saying. Exe will take a moment to cast Tongues as well, to better understand the mob. If at any point, Exe's danger sense warns him or things get dicey with security, he will retreat through the shop.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Oren Exe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Ronan (Spook Squad)
ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
Posts: 690
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: The Spire

Post by Dark Lord »

The rest of the meeting with Thraxus is fairly perfunctory. Something about discussing the fate of the Megaverse with a godling wearing a speedo and little else makes many of you uncomfortable- and if the speedo doesn’t do it, Thraxus’ casual talk of an alliance (convenient or otherwise) with the deevils does. Kaedras reaps his companions’ praise for his command performance in halting Haad, while Starchief and Icky decide fairly quickly that Sarge (and the time relic) will stay with the team. Thraxus seems unsurprised by your decision, nodding slowly and saying little in reply/ ”As I expected. Very well- I’m sure I don’t have to impress upon you the importance of keeping such an item safe, but to be frank Chef Icky is likely in the best position of all of us to be able to do it. I wish you luck with the undertaking.” Icky also asks Thraxus about getting some more information on Decker- preferably the kind that can be used as leverage- to which the godling immediately nods and replies. ”Of course, Chef. As a matter of policy, my staff works up complete dossiers on all potential allies. And enemies. And, of course, subordinates.” Thraxus gives an enigmatic little smile, then lies back down on his “beach” and resumes tanning.

After the meeting, those of you who attended make your way back to the ship, talking quietly amongst yourselves and/or planning your next moves (and, of course, collecting your pay). Kaedras basks in his teammates’… dare I say friends’… congratulations and declares that they’ve earned a rest, and a chance to let your hair down. Juan vows to protect Icky and the relics alike, and wholeheartedly agrees with Kaedras. Draggor reacts with some surprise at the prospect of getting money, and through money possessions, and spends the walk back to the ship thinking of all the things they could buy with their share.

Back at the ship, Draggor spars a bit in the under-used team gym, then retreats to their quarters to come down a bit. The interlude gives the alien a chance to get used to the fact that they’re no longer on the run and actually have a place to call home (or at least rest). As they warm up to the idea, Draggor asks Datephus for help shopping.
Draggor wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:53 pm"Datephus, can you help me? I need to purchase equipment while we are here."
”AFFIRMATIVE, CREWMEMBER DESIGNATE: DRAGGOR. EXTENSIVE ELECTRONIC CATALOGUES ARE AVAILABLE FROM MAJOR PRIVATE MANUFACTURERS AND RESELLERS DOING BUSINESS AT CENTER. YOU MAY PERUSE THE ENTRIES ON YOUR COMPUTER TERMINAL, BUT BE ADVISED THAT ELECTRONIC AVAILABILITY DOES NOT ALWAYS REFLECT PHYSICAL AVAILABILITY, WHICH REQUIRES HEADING TO THE PHYSICAL SHOPPING CENTER.” Draggor is able to access a multitude of catalogues for weapons, armor, clothing, and other equipment from their terminal, but will at some point need to leave the ship and physically do the shopping.

Meanwhile, Ghast locates Starchief, who is in the midst of doing some necessary maintenance for his own equipment and compiling a list of the team’s needs. The assassin introduces himself, and offers a frank assessment of his own skill set despite being obviously nervous in his conversation with the super-soldier. Starchief, picking up on the nervousness, accepts Ghast as a new team member and takes him through Starchief’s four rules: try to do good, even if that means killing someone to say millions. Mess with the galley and face Icky’s wrath. Mess with the mystic generator and face whatever created Datephus. And don’t invite pirates onto the ship. Curiously, for anyone who overhears (or at least any veteran crewmembers), this last one appears to be new. I wonder why? Starchief also realizes that he may need to have similar conversations with Draggor and Exe.

Those of you who are inclined to do so can spend hours aboard the ship, puttering around. Those of you who wish to get out into the city are free to do so, and if you do the noise from the protests occurring just outside the entrance to The Manors is hard to miss. You are all free to investigate if you choose to do so- those of you who do so choose, and who make a perception check at -20% will spot Exe in the crown. The young mage appears to just be hanging back and observing, even casting a tongues spell upon himself that he might better understand any invective hurled in a language other than Trade Four. While Exe can understand a bit more of the shouting now, neither the mob’s attitude nor its grammatical skill improve with the demigod’s incantation. On the other hand there is Juan, who opts to engage with the mob as soon as he hears/sees it.
Juan Echo wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:59 pm"Excuse me, little Urqos" the Wandering God says. "Surely you mean to say that the Gods are not good. After all, we are the avatars of existence within the Megaverse. Does not the God of Travelers *ahem* serve those that wander the stars? Isn't that for the greater good?"
An overweight, and rather disheveled-looking, plant-like alien (a successful galactic lore skill roll will reveal it as a Chianas) responds, heedless of any spittle that may fleck out of their mouth as they do so. ”What are ya, some kind of priest? Fuck off, man, I did my own research and I know those fuckin’ gods are all up to no good. Sittin’ in their ivory towers all day, looking down at us regular folk and actin’ like we’re supposed to worship ‘em. Fall all over ourselves for ‘em when they don’t do jack shit for us. That sound like goodness to you?” Then, a humanoid spots the conversation, turns, and points at Juan. ”HEY! I recognize this asshole- he’s on Rate-a-Deity! Fuck off, godling- we don’t want your kind here. Why don’t you go travel your ass somewhere you’re actually wanted!” Juan doesn’t need psychic abilities to know that this outburst is drawing some attention from the rest of the crowd, and its mood is beginning to sour.

You are all free to move about Center, and those of you who do not follow Juan to investigate the mob can go on your way unmolested by them.

What are you doing?
Why kill a PC when you can torture their player?
ImageImageImageImage
Post Reply

Return to “Phase World: Center”