Black boots
Blue pants
Blue and orange hooded jacket

Weapon
Ripper vibro-knife
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)

Skill rolls
Computer operations (50%) 1d100: [79] = 79 - How many skill rolls does one make to find out who your PC is going to kill?
Intelligence (72%) 1d100: [87] = 87 - You'd think that one or two would do it, especially when they're all 50% or higher.
Streetwise (50%) 1d100: [92] = 92 - Maybe you put in a third just to play it safe.
Interrogation (75%) 1d100: [49] = 49 - But nope, after you post those three, you need go back and post a fourth

Pertinax stares at the logo that ends the message. This is the mark of dead men. He does not acknowledge the arrival of Akroyd, Bel, or Norm. He just turns off the video and gets up from his seat. Without turning around, he says, "I will be at Croc's. Meet me there when you are prepared."

He sits at the bar and orders a pot of tea. He fills his mug and takes small sips as he gets on to the ultranet and starts to search for any information on the logo and the group behind. First he tries doing a simple search for the logo, looking for it on social media and ads for the markets on Level 4. At the very least, he hopes he can get a name. Barring that he will start conducting a search for information on gladiator fights, searching for promotions that use that logo. Is this strictly a fighting circuit, or do they trade in other kinds of slaves? What other aliens do they keep in custody? He even watches several other (non-tarlok) fights, hoping to see the logo at the end of the fight. Pertinax would reach out to any of Splugorth contacts he made working on the Center in the past, but he cannot remember much of his previous visits to the Center. Plus, they would likely arrest him and turn him back to the Tarlok military. Plus, he hates anyone associated with the Splugorth.

Finally, when Pertinax finishes his tea, he signals the bartender over to order another pot. He then starts to ask the bartender what he knows about the gladiators on Level 4, and then works his way to asking about the logo and who is behind it. His questions are pointed, (then again, every conversation the dreadmaster sounds like an interrogation) but sounds almost jovial, as if this is a newly discovered hobby. Sure he does not know much, but he is enthusiastic after seeing a few fights.
Pertinax
M.D.C.: 348/348
P.P.E.: 11/11
I.S.P.: 120/120
Bryke

Re: Level 13; The Blackstone Tower.

Post by Bryke »

Perception: 34% 1d100: [47] = 47
JiC d20/d100: 1d20: [19] = 19 / 1d100: [1] = 1

Conditions:
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Doesn't breathe air and is immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and has eagle-like normal vision.
Sixth Sense
HF 10

Shit!” The word escapes The Promethean's lips before they even register to consciousness, “How do you keep doing that?!?

It has to be some sort of magic or ability... nobody is that good naturally... right? That makes let's see... 26, 27 times now that I have seen him since being here and 27 out of the 27 times his presence has gone unknown to me- and those were the times I noticed him... what if there were more times... that ability has many nefarious applications. Good for intel, thievery, assassination- or when you just want some privacy... … … How. Does. He. Do it?

[OOC: sending you a pm about skill check that would potentially go here]

In thought, Bryke almost doesn't register that Pertinax is leaving when he stands up to go. 'Either Croc's is his new “happy place” or there is some other reason, because we could find information here and maybe even make a solid plan with this group's assistance and expertise- pergola, we might even be able to get “the ghoster” involved... Must mean a lot to the Tarlok- he seems to be all emotion- constrained emotion that is... ... so, there is some honor in him...'

Bryke, does not speak to the Tarlok as he leaves, 'I would be murderous were I him- probably let him be for now.'
….................

Bryke responds to Bel and Akroyd, “Don't know if we could call that a true meeting, but it was vaguely informative. Seems we need to know some things about the Gladiatorial games here on Center,
The Promethean looks to the side and dips his head in reflex, but barely manages to fight the urge to spit at the mention of them,
I have avoided the splugorth's area altogether- do either of you know anything about it? Or where we could get some intel on them?
OOC Comments
Natural Abilities
Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 83%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Ley Line Phasing: Equal to the ley line walker ability.

PPE: 236/236
ISP: 125/125
SDC: 634/634 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP: 155/155

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:

Call Names/Nicknames:
Bryke, Wraith
Consumer
Game Master

Post by Consumer »

Level 13; The Blackstone Tower.
Time/Location wrote:Current Time: 2:10 PM
Time since last post: 10 minutes.
Rec Room
Bryke wrote:Shit!” The word escapes The Promethean's lips before they even register to consciousness, “How do you keep doing that?!?
Norm shrugs noncommittally. ”Years of practice.” He says as he gets up from the couch and begins to head out of the room.
Bryke wrote:Don't know if we could call that a true meeting, but it was vaguely informative. Seems we need to know some things about the Gladiatorial games here on Center,
”They’re a popular sport, lots of money in it. Not really our type of game though.” Bel says, while gesturing at Akroyd.
Bryke wrote:I have avoided the splugorth's area altogether- do either of you know anything about it? Or where we could get some intel on them?
”Nice enough place, more like an amusement park than what you’d find on one of their worlds. Lots to see and do, with some shadier stuff hiding in the background. Only worry I would have, if I had any, was being wanted by them. That could put one in a pickle.” Bel answers with Akroyd nodding along.

Level 13; Croc’s.
Time/Location wrote:Current Time: 2:30 PM
Time since last post: 30 minutes.
At the time Pertinax enters Croc’s its a general ghost town, not strange as it’s a nightclub and not really your typical bar. But Pertinax finds them open and makes his way to the bar to order a pot of tea. ”Yeah gonna be a few.” The Bartender says as he walks away to do so.

Pertinax tries to go an easy route and look it up on the Ultranet, but after several frustrating minutes, pushes his computer away, the symbol still unidentified. The Bartender brings a small tea pot and a small cup. Pertinax decides to grill the Bartender. It takes Pertinax several moments to really get the man’s attention. While angry Pertinax can tell the man is just trying to get his work done, while catering to his needs, so his response is slower than Pertinax would like. ”Not exactly my forte. Gimme a second.” The Bartender says before walking away again to do something.

A few minutes pass before another man arrives, Pertinax recognizes him as one of the black marketeers he spoke to the first night at Croc’s, though his name escapes Pertinax at the moment.

”What are you looking for?” The bald man asks, waiting for the answer.

”Sounds like the Circle of Bloody Tears, they’re not particularly big, but they do have a pretty good win ratio. They do something wrong to you?” The man asks, likely noticing Pertinax demeanor.

What are your intentions?
Mungo:
Pertinax:
Bryke:
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Pertinax
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Pertinax »

Perception (30%) 1d100: [54] = 54
JiC 1d20: [13] = 13 / 1d100: [77] = 77

Armor
Talisman of Armor of Ithan (Inactive)
Combat harness
Black boots
Blue pants

Weapon
Ripper vibro-knife

Pertinax sulks at the bar to Croc's as he fails to find information on the slavers who have one of his dreadlor. The club is largely empty, with maybe two dozen patrons spread across different tables and booths. Pertinax is one of only three individuals drinking at the bar. Like most other drinking establishments on Level 13, the bar opens at 10:00 am, but business does not pick up before 8:00 pm. Generally, there are two types of individuals that can be found drinking at a nightclub in the early afternoon. The first group are the professional goons that work for the criminals that operate Croc's. They mostly stay to themselves, drinking quietly and waiting for someone to tap their shoulders and give them a job.

The second consists of the degenerate sots that keep the party going from one night to the next. They were chasing the next party but somehow ended up here, where they are waiting for things to pick up again. Occasionally, one might approach another patron to ask about drugs or what club will be the place to be that night. The professionals do not appreciate being approached by these drunks for any reason, and will typically chase them away with icy stares.

While Pertinax does do the occasional job for the Ogre, and he is by most definitions a degenerate sot, he is a class onto himself. His belligerence has made him unwelcome at many locations on the lower levels. This is one of the few places that he can enjoy drink a pot of tea with little interruption on the Center.

When he fails to find information on the slavers by himself, he tries to flag over the bartender. By now, most bartenders have learned to give Pertinax a wide berth when he's in a mood. You're always in a mood. The server simply takes the empty teapot and replaces it with a new warm one. They walk away before Pertinax can bark his next question, leaving the dreadmaster to mutter under his breath about how the Tarlok Empire makes sure its captives understand what polite service means. And you wonder why you are banned from most bars on this level
Black marketeer wrote:"What are you looking for?"
Pertinax gives an icy stare at the bald man. Is he another degenerate? After a moment, that this man seems to be genuinely inquisitive. Pertinax's gills flare open and quickly close. He then expands the dispaly on his HPC to make the screen visible to the bald man, showing him the logo from the end of the gladiator match. "I am trying to learn what I can about a new fighting promotion."
Black marketeer wrote:"Sounds like the Circle of Bloody Tears, they’re not particularly big, but they do have a pretty good win ratio. They do something wrong to you?"
"They will weep blood when I-" Pertinax pauses and clears his throat. "What I meant was, a friend (because you have so many friends) told me that he has made good money wagering on their gladiators. I want to learn more so I can get the edge over him (because that is the point of having friends, crushing them). What do you know about this group?"

Pertinax then follows up with a series of questions about the group. How many fighters do they have in their stable? Do they have any popular gladiators at the moment? Who is the public face of the group, if there is one at all? Does anyone know who operates the group? If the black marketeer is especially informative, Pertinax will even ask if the man knows their ties to the Splugorth. "I do not gamble often. But when I do, I conduct thorough research."
Pertinax
Mungo
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Post by Mungo »

JiC 1d20: [3] = 3
JiC 1d100: [91] = 91
Perception vs 27% 1d100: [25] = 25
conditions
P.P.E.: 74/99
M.D.C.: 26/26
Mage Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Armor of Ithan: 0/60 M.D.C. currently not activated

Octoman Mage Armor, Enhanced
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50
Arms: 25 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 90
Weight: 22 lbs.
Modifiers: -5% to physical skills
Features:
TW Feature: Armor of Ithan, 60 M.D.C., 6 minutes, 10 P.P.E.
Pertinax wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:14 pm "Before I decided to abandon the Tarlok military I put my squadron in cryo-tubes that I spent about two years hiding around the Three Galaxies. To ensure their safety, I had my memory erased. I also had a set of subliminal messages implanted in my brain that would be triggered at regular intervals. These would lead me to the cryo-tubes' locations. Unfortunately, the mind wipe did not work as planned."
Mungo listens to the Pert's recounting of events. Oh dear... Our dear Pert is certifiably insane. What in the 3G was he trying to achieve with such a convoluted plan? Hiding his dudes, over two years, across three galaxies and then.... wiping his memory of doing so. Madness, and it absolutely seems to be a pure folly. He keeps his thoughts to himself. He does ask a question. "Uh, okay. But why? Seems like an awful lot of bother for... what exactly?"
Pertinax wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:14 pm "And also, if you call me 'Pert' again, I will gut you and use your corpse as bait to lure the slavers. That will be very fun indeed."
Mungo rolls his eyes and sighs dramatically. "Yes, of course you will. However once you do who will have around to talk sense to you? Other than your overwhelming sense of failure you carry around on your back. I wouldn't listen to much to that fellow. I don't think he has your best interests at heart."
Norm wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:06 pm”This would be a good place for you to practice your blending skills, Mungo.”
Mungo looks over at Norm, apparently unsurprised that he wasn't there a second ago. Not because he spotted him coming. More like he's just so used to the guy just appearing, then leaving without notice, that he almost expects it to happen several times a day. Mungo smiles as he conjures up a large cardboard box and slips inside it. "They'll never even know I was there." He then makes a show of tip toeing the box across the room, just like in the cartoons, and exits through a door.

Out of the room he leaves the box and goes to his quarters to feed his pets and gather up his gear for the team's trip to the Slpoog zone. Then he heads to Croc's to meet Pert, no Pertinax.
Bryke

Post by Bryke »

Perception: 34% 1d100: [27] = 27
JiC d20/d100: 1d20: [20] = 20 / 1d100: [84] = 84

Conditions:
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Doesn't breathe air and is immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and has eagle-like normal vision.
Sixth Sense
HF 10

That one is a character...” The Promethean mutters under his breath after a chuckle. “I do believe Mungo is genuinely happy about something.

But damn, I thought asking in the tower would net better results. Aww well I'll go get my stuff and make my way to meet up with the group. Gonna miss the lab, but hey “gotta keep it movin'” as the humans say. Have learned a lot from Bel, lots more to go though. I wonder if he'll give me my own flight suit? Not sure that's my style- not without modification(s) anyway- I mean nothing beats my Qlu'bar.

Hey Bel, I am off on a jaunt with the crew then- looks like we are headed to splugorth territory. I will, make sure to continue studying as usual if at all possible out there in the field- I mean if we end up staying long that is. Anything I can pick up for you while we're away?” Bryke says, thinking about his debt to Bel for agreeing to teach him.

Bryke also gathers his gear and heads out to meet up with Mungo and Pertinax, all 'duffle-bag-boy' like.
OOC Comments
Natural Abilities
Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 83%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:

Call Names/Nicknames:
Bryke, Wraith
Pertinax
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Pertinax »

Perception (30%) 1d100: [64] = 64
JiC 1d20: [9] = 9 / 1d100: [10] = 10

At Blackstone Tower, before playing the video of the gladiator fight
Mungo wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:01 am"Uh, okay. But why? Seems like an awful lot of bother for... what exactly?"
"We were to start a revolution," Pertinax replies somberly. The sound of defeat creeps into his voice. "The Tarlok Empire is in decline. Yes, we have a firm grip on our native Charizolon System, and we are active in other parts of the Three Galaxies. However, we find ourselves increasingly indebted to the Splugorth. I have seen this first hand. I have sacrificed many dreadlor on high risk missions that only served those vile creatures. He turns to Mungo, his voice half advocating half accusing. "You know this as well. One does not ally with the Splugorth, you either become a minion or a slave. That is not a fate for my people. My dreadlor would be the vanguard of a revolution that liberated our Empire from Splugorth servitude, not serve in their fighting pits."

Pertinax then plays the video on the disk, and watches in quiet rage. The cheers of the crowd as his dreadlor brawls against the group of humanoids is the sound of laughter to him. They jeer at the dreadlor; they jeer at Pertinax's crazed mission; they jeer at the Tarlok Empire. Pertinax's gills flare open and stay there as he audibly vents his rage. It consumes him as he storms out of the tower.
Mungo wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:01 am"Yes, of course you will. However once you do who will have around to talk sense to you? Other than your overwhelming sense of failure you carry around on your back. I wouldn't listen to much to that fellow. I don't think he has your best interests at heart."
How does he know? You must kill him before he can probe your psyche any deeper! Pertinax holds his hand above where he keeps the vibro-knife tucked. But then again, he is an asset in your fight against the Splugorth. And he has been honest with you so far. And you would miss his constant prattling about.

"Perhaps." Pertinax pauses and looks at Mungo. He thinks of what may come when they reach the Splugorth quarter. "Perhaps your survival is a goal of the current operation."
Pertinax
Mungo
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Post by Mungo »

JiC 1d20: [9] = 9
JiC 1d100: [33] = 33
Perception vs 27% 1d100: [4] = 4
conditions

M.D.C. by Location:
Features:
Pertinax wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:59 pm "We were to start a revolution, the Tarlok Empire is in decline. Yes, we have a firm grip on our native Charizolon System, and we are active in other parts of the Three Galaxies. However, we find ourselves increasingly indebted to the Splugorth. I have seen this first hand. I have sacrificed many dreadlor on high risk missions that only served those vile creatures. You know this as well. One does not ally with the Splugorth, you either become a minion or a slave. That is not a fate for my people. My dreadlor would be the vanguard of a revolution that liberated our Empire from Splugorth servitude, not serve in their fighting pits."
Upon hearing this revelation, Mungo pauses, beak agape. Careful Mungo. Do. Not. Laugh. at this retarded, stupid, and far beyond idiotic scheme. He warns himself mentally while trying his best not to laugh in Pertinax's face. He nods slowly, trying to think of something to say. "Right... Well, umm that is quite the plan. Uh, how very ...noble... of you? Jolly good and all that... Tarlok revolution you say? Throw the the yoke of the Splugorth, yes yes. That is a good thing." Mungo presses a pair his tentacles together and makes a show of thinking. "Well, I shall give you an honest assessment. You're dreaming friend. I consider you whole venture doomed from the start. The mind wipe not working right has just made is even more unlikely to succeed. I hope you like pushing poop uphill with your tongue as that is what you're in for if you continue on your self-determined path of certain failure. To be even more blunt: Mate, you're completely fucked. You did it to yourself which just makes it worse." He pauses just to watch Pert's gills rage flare.

"Now, if I may offer an idea for you to consider? An idea which may set the ball rolling and nudge the awareness of the Tarlok-in-the-street towards moving away from the embrace of Uncle Sploogie. An idea that will take hold even if you fail. In fact, if you fail it'll be even better. The more pointless and painful your death the more effect it could have! Ideally at the hands of the Splugorth. Makes for a better sacrificial martyrdom if you ask me.

Now, the idea: We publicize your quest. Film, Tri-Series, Plays, Ballads, Shadow puppet shows - whatever you think would work on your fellow Tarlok. Focus on them. For this they are the only audience that counts. Draw from established Tarlok heroic, tragic, inspiring tropes are out there and let the people know! Get the idea into their tiny Tarlok heads that The Splugorth are BAD. You, being the patriotic visionary that you are see this and are desperate for your people to avoid the fate of so many other slightly-too-violent-for-their-own-good races out there, and not become just other expendable minion race. A noble cause if ever I heard one."

Why, we could start right now. Take a few camera drones with us on this jaunt into the very den of evil to bring back a brave Tarlok soldier forced into a fate worse than... what his fate would normally be? Hmm, yes. Anyway my point is: Pertinax, you need to inspire your people if you want to succeed. Do this alone and in the shadows and you'll die failing. Do this in the open and let your people know you're doing it you die anyway, but you may inspire others to take up the cause."

Mungo pauses and makes a frame around Pert's face. "Hmmm, yes" I think the camera will like you." Ick. Ah Mungo the lengths that you'll go to to avoid laughing in a person's face is extreme. That's a terrible idea and you know it. Hopefully he'll swat it aside like the grumpy bitch that he is. Mungo reflects.

Mungo, somewhat reluctantly, checks over his gear, including the recent purchases from the mages and makes ready to head into the Splugorth area.
Consumer
Game Master

Re: Chain of Memories

Post by Consumer »

Chain of Memories.
Time/Location wrote:Current Time: 6:45 PM
Time since last post: 4:15 minutes.
Pertinax wrote:"What do you know about this group?"

Pertinax then follows up with a series of questions about the group. How many fighters do they have in their stable? Do they have any popular gladiators at the moment? Who is the public face of the group, if there is one at all? Does anyone know who operates the group? If the black marketeer is especially informative, Pertinax will even ask if the man knows their ties to the Splugorth. "I do not gamble often. But when I do, I conduct thorough research."
The man gives a dismissive shrug. ”Not much, they’re small time at the moment. Only been visible on the scene a year or two at best. Other than that, I ain’t got nothing. Not my particular bracket, I bet on the big name matches. It’s where the real money is.” The man says. Pertinax is fairly certain, he’s learned all he can from the man.

Mungo and Bryke having said their peace to their respective mentors, made ready and headed out after Pertinax, arriving approximately ten minutes after he arrived there.

The trio spark up a conversation after the black marketeer takes his leave. Once the conversation has passed, the trio is ready to head back towards the surface of Center. Which is surprisingly more time consuming than they initially thought. Having to explain to every level, below ten’s security forces why you’re heading up, and greasing the wheels with notes of whom you work for, eventually gets the trio of one of the mass conveyors heading to level four. It disgorges a throng of folk into the Splugorth markets known as wonder world. The general layout seems very much organized to force the viewer to walk past numerous shops and other activity centers, with bars, theatres, cinemaplexs, restaurants, and even more shops. The whole area seems overly clean, and to those in the know about the Splugorth, it puts one on edge. It is in front of one of the many information kiosks that the trio finds themselves.

Mungo:
Pertinax:
Bryke:
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
Medals
Pertinax
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Pertinax »

Perception (30%) 1d100: [14] = 14
JiC 1d20: [2] = 2 / 1d100: [57] = 57

Armor
Combat harness
Black boots
Blue pants

Weapon
Ripper vibro-knife

Pertinax walks stiffly as he enters Wonder World. It is too pleasant, fun, and, worst of all, free. At its best, the Center represents the place where an untold number of alien species, meet and exchange goods, ideas, even cultural values. It is the antithesis of what the Tarlok value; it lacks the firm hand of an authoritarian government that promotes civic duty and submission. He zips up his hoodie and scans the other aliens walking around.

How many of them are subservient to the Splugorth? Do they think they are truly free? Or are they willing slaves to one of the most genuine forms of evil in the Three Galaxies? Maybe they do not care. Maybe they brush off these heavy philosophical questions for the sake of superficial pleasures. They do not realize the cost of such trivialities. Little by little they surrender their souls to the Splugorth, and everything they take in return is born from the suffering of others. And they suffer for others. You cannot let this stand!

Pertinax swallows the bile filling his mouth and approaches the kiosk. His hand firmly planted on the countertop, he says, "I am here to inquire about the various fighting arenas. Do you have a map and a fight program for today?"
Pertinax
Mungo
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Post by Mungo »

JiC 1d20: [4] = 4
JiC 1d100: [1] = 1
Perception vs 27% 1d100: [33] = 33
conditions

M.D.C. by Location:
Features:
Mungo is relieved that Pertinax doesn't seem to think much of his idea about making his quest public. Phew. That's a huge relief. Pert in front of a camera, imploring his kind to take him seriously, gods there is only so much cringe an Octopod can take!

Once in the Splugorth area Mungo can't help but pull up his hood and tries to blend into the background. While he has never been to this exact Sploog market, it does bring back memories as his time as a household chattel.

"Ah, yes. Nothing like a bit of blood sport to get the day started, right fellas?" he says rather too enthusiastically at the kiosk when Pert asks for the program and the map. "After that maybe we could take in a theatrical performance or two? May I have a program of the shows you have playing currently?" He asks whatever being, or interface, is manning the kiosk today.
Bryke

Post by Bryke »

Perception: 34% 1d100: [74] = 74
JiC d20/d100: 1d20: [4] = 4 / 1d100: [93] = 93

Conditions:
Sixth Sense
HF 10

This place is not at all what I imagined, it feels very... sterile. Like a physicians operating room. Where's the graffiti or vagrants? Is this place even truly lived in? It's like everything here can be eaten off of, and we are standing in one big ass plate...

Bryke observes Pertinax, for a bit, before asking, "We are here now, what is the plan?" The Promethean looks around at the decor suspiciously before continuing, "I have only seen one Splugorth in person and it was in a word, unsettling."

Bryke watches their surroundings while Pertinax works the kiosk.

If only I had some robotic information gathering, surveillance drones... I could send them out right now... note to self, work on a bot design for just that sort of thing- they will need to have some sort of cloaking, and I would have to work on their mode of transportation- anti-gravity is optimal, but what of the battery life on something like that, and can I make that system micro- even nano sized. Note to self, build an assistant system to record ideas, and keep track of to-do ideas.
OOC Comments
Natural Abilities

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:

Call Names/Nicknames:
Bryke, Wraith
Consumer
Game Master

Post by Consumer »

Chain of Memories.
Time/Location wrote:Current Time: 2:35 PM
Time since last post: 5 minutes.
The Galactic Rogues, or at least what is left of them has entered a strange place. Each seems to have a thought or two about the area, but none really make it known.
Pertinax wrote:Pertinax swallows the bile filling his mouth and approaches the kiosk. His hand firmly planted on the countertop, he says, "I am here to inquire about the various fighting arenas. Do you have a map and a fight program for today?"
A holographic, cartoonishly cute Kydian Powerlord appears in front of the Galactic Rogues. A fanfare of music plays as he materializes. ”Why hello there folks. I am K’Van the Powerlord and I’m here to help.” The hologram says in a voice that none present has ever heard from a powerlord in their presence. It’s almost falsetto, and so upbeat as to be sickening to the grumpy trio. When Pertinax gives K’van a question, the hologram pauses for a few moments as whatever program behind it gathers the information.

”Oh excellent, we have several attraction that fit that bill, Let me print off a schedule for you and provide you with a map. Our main attraction for Blood Sports is the Blood Dome, located here.” The hologram says before a visual of the map appears and circles a rather sizable building. ”There are several fights going on at any time usually during the day, and at night is when the big shows happen, tonight’s big show is Battlefield, where two companies of gladiators will enact a themed battle to the death. This week’s theme is Knights, It should be a blast.” The hologram says in a chipper upbeat voice.

”If you’re looking to learn how to be gladiators, we offer the gladiator experience in Wonderworld, it is a seven week course that ends with a real gladitorial battle. Great for the kids.” The hologram says.
Mungo wrote:"Ah, yes. Nothing like a bit of blood sport to get the day started, right fellas?" he says rather too enthusiastically at the kiosk when Pert asks for the program and the map. "After that maybe we could take in a theatrical performance or two? May I have a program of the shows you have playing currently?" He asks whatever being, or interface, is manning the kiosk today.
”Oh a man of culture I see. We have several acts going on today in the theaters at Wonder World. One is Shakespere’s Hamlet in Klingon, a must see, another is Crisis on Battleworld the musical, rain ponchos are suggested for the first fifteen rows.” The Hologram says cheerfully. Another pamphlet and another map with different locations marked prints out.
Bryke wrote:Bryke observes Pertinax, for a bit, before asking, "We are here now, what is the plan?" The Promethean looks around at the decor suspiciously before continuing, "I have only seen one Splugorth in person and it was in a word, unsettling."
A few other tourists approach and make use of the kiosk. Pertinax looks at the list of fights for the day and notices the name Det’lok with a note about the Circle of Bloody Tears next to it. Seems it’s an amateur match versus a man named Iron Mike, it’s slotted for four o’clock.

Mungo:
Pertinax:
Bryke:
Medals
Pertinax
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Pertinax »

Perception (30%) 1d100: [72] = 72
JiC 1d20: [14] = 14 / 1d100: [16] = 16

Armor
Combat harness
Black boots
Blue pants

Weapon
Ripper vibro-knife

Skill rolls
Intelligence (72%) 1d100: [46] = 46 - Learn more about the Circle of Tears organization, including other fighters or people that are at the arena at the moment
Streetwise (50%) 1d100: [91] = 91 - Learn more about the Circle of Tears reputation
Lore: Galactic/Aliens (50%) 1d100: [86] = 86 - Identify the other species involved with the Circle of Tears, especially where they might fall in the Splugorth hierarchy.
K'Van wrote:"Why hello there folks. I am K’Van the Powerlord and I’m here to help."
Pertinax stares at the Powerlord hologram, his gills flare open with clear hostility. Much like everything else about this place, it offends his senses. Yes, make the chattel feel complacent. Do not let them realize that they are no better than the slaves that are fighting to the death for their amusement. Everyone is consumed by the Splugorth. The only difference is that some must suffer explicitly and publicly, while others have their souls (and dignity) chipped away piece by piece. Let them watch the senseless violence and cheer, then they will not notice when they are the ones that suffer. Sacrifices are made by all, and in the end the tentacled supreme beings fatten on the viscera they excise. This is the system that has been put into place, and grows like a cancer across the Three-
K'Van wrote:"Oh excellent, we have several attraction that fit that bill, Let me print off a schedule for you and provide you with a map..."
Pertinax gently takes the map and schedule from the kiosk. He then gives K'Van an awkward nod, unsure if it is an automated system or some kind of AI. Either way, he does not trust it. Pertinax glances between the holographic map that K'Van displays and the one in his hands to get oriented. After a moment he has an idea of which arena is hosting which fights. There is a lot going on. That interface is quite helpful. Wait a minute! They are lulling you into complacency!
Bryke wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:18 am"We are here now, what is the plan? I have only seen one Splugorth in person and it was in a word, unsettling."
Pertinax pores over printed schedule. Without looking over to Bryke, he replies in a low growl, "We find the company that has my dreadlor. We understand their operation. And then we tear them apart systematically until there is nothing left but a burnt out husk of a warehouse and stack of limbs*."

After a moment, he spots the name Det'lok. Not exactly a Tarlok name, however the Splugorth did like to refer to you as 'their loks'. And that is the logo you are looking for. Pertinax signals the others and simply says, "Follow me."

He leads them to the arena where Det'lok and Iron Mike are set to fight. As they approach the stands, Pertinax pauses. Watching the video of a dreadlor fight in the arenas was offensive enough; he cannot bear to see it in person. He looks to the others and says, "You two go and find seats, I shall look around the arena and learn more about other matches."

And while he avoids sharing the real reason he does not want to watch the fight, Pertinax does not lie. He walks around the corridors of the arena, passing by a concession stand, a few betting kiosks, and even one mobile bar. The urge to get a drink is almost overwhelming, but Pertinax restrains himself. Instead he looks around to see if he can find more about the Circle of Tears. He scans for signs of their other fighters or handlers, and listens to the bettors discussing their thoughts on the matches.

* After eight months of hard work you can sit down at your favorite night club, relax, and say that you did it. You have successfully infiltrated this planet and expedited its inevitable conquest by the Tarlok Empire. You look over at the local crime-lord, lighting a cigar with some of your dreadlor in the otherwise empty establishment. He was a crucial part your plan. First you made contact with the planet's largest crime syndicate, ingratiating yourself with an unscrupulous mid-level mafioso. You then had this mafioso executed and replaced with someone the mafioso wanted you to murder. With your help, that man rose to take over the entire syndicate. Once you had firm control of organized crime on the planet, you used it to infilatre the various militaries around the planet. Half of the weapons for most major armed forces are missing, planetary defense systems have been sabotaged, and best of all, some of the commanders seem like they would be willing collaborators to a Tarlok invasion. From there, you met politicians that are eager to serve the Tarlok. That is, they will be eager to server the Tarlok if they are put into power.
And today, the crime-lord used his network of blackmailers, which really is yours at this point, to force a change of governments. All your pawns are in place. The dreadlor and some of the high ranking lieutenants are gathered in this club, which you purchased for the crime-lord as a gift three months ago. Mission accomplished. So with a nod from you, two dreadlor grab the crime-lord and pin his back against a table. A third draws a knife and approaches him. The other dreadlor subdue the other aliens in an instant, ready to kill them as well. You raise a hand, and without a word all of them stop.
"At the very least, I owe you an explanation. After all, you helped make it possible for us to establish Tarlok rule over your planet. But that is the problem. The Tarlok Empire cannot allow a criminal organization like yours to exist. So I am going to have to shut down this operation, beginning with you."
Pertinax

Return to “Phase World: Center”