[GA] DISCO! INFERNAL!

Dimensional Nexus of the Megaverse

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
Posts: 643
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [GA] DISCO! INFERNAL!

Post by Dark Lord »

With reinforcements still pouring in Juan, Icky, and Starchief all reach similar conclusions at about the same time. Holding the line isn’t going to work- there are too many of them. Juan calls for a retreat, while Starchief calls out to Exe to free him. The young man shakes off his astonishment at the chaos around him, and dispels the magic net binding Starchief with but a thought- indicating for Matthew to do the same with his barriers. While Draggor retreats to the south to aid the others, Starchief flies into the air to escape the press of bodies, alighting atop the nearby building next to Ghast’s makeshift sniper’s nest. A moment later, Matthew grabs Exe and follows- Corus in tow. The mud mound covers your retreat, smashing one last demon into pulp before the reinforcements fall upon it and it disappears amidst a hail of tentacles. Ghast snipes two more of the things, and you have to duck down to avoid some return fireballs but only Starchief gets a little cooked ((-22 MDC Starchief)). Curiously, however, it doesn’t take long for the demons to lose interest in you once you’re out of their way (a few more wild fireballs notwithstanding).

The three of you (plus Matthew) have a chance to take a breather, and both Starchief and Ghast scrutinize the demons for clues as to their actions. The five tentacled demons rapidly abandon their pursuit of you, and instead begin moving west towards the block at an extremely rapid pace. However, instead of turning towards the interior buildings they make for one on the outskirts- just across the street from where you are sheltering. Two of the demons approach the entrance- an unassuming storefront, but one that is apparently barricaded as they begin battering at the doors. As the battle (or rather, retreat) unfolds to the West and South, he observes a similar pattern in their movements. But no apparent source- multiple other city blocks in the area are in flames, and could be concealing any number of abominations. The trickle of reinforcements into the area appears almost semi-random, which suggests either no source for them or multiple. Either way, not the greatest news.

To the west, Corrigon reads the order to retreat and decides that it’s sensible advice. Scorching the area around him with divine energy, he atomizes the two demons closest to him (but not before a few retaliatory fireballs land; -27/2=13 MDC Corrigon). The Arismal then barely jets up and around to the other side of the building, landing heavily on its north side (curiously, the demons do not follow). Manifesting a loudspeaker, he calls out to the civilians inside the building and begins transforming into a hover truck. For a few tense seconds, there is no sign of movement in the building, and Corrigon begins to fear either that the civilians are too fearful to take the chance he’s offering, or he's too late to save them from the demons. Just then, a family of four bursts through the front door, rushing towards the truck. Six others, mostly adolescents and young adults follow, and as they last one jumps into the back cab he screams ”GO! GO!” A small horde of clawed demons is right behind them. While Corrigon is a little too pressed for time to notice, Starchief does see that about half of the group chasing after Corrigon loses interest after he flies away, and instead starts making its way south (possibly towards buildings 10 and 11). He also spies a pair of short, pot-bellied little things that appear to be hanging back. They are floating lazily to the south, and appear to be in whispered communication with one another, pointing to one of the buildings ahead.

To the south, Juan and Icky sound a retreat. Icky incants some fresh armor and then starts flinging magic nets, nabbing one of his opponents but merely prompting a dodge from the other. Right into Juan’s staff. The godling ably smashes the remaining two mobile demons, taking a few nibbles for his trouble but otherwise getting out of the melee ((-34 MDC Juan)). Icky casts nets on six more of the demon reinforcements even as he and Juan fall back, but most of his targets are too large to grab more than one at once. Still, it buys you both time to pull back to the north even as Kaedras comes rushing south and interposes another telekinetic force field between you. With so many of the reinforcements tied up, this one lasts a good deal longer ((Kaedras, -52 MDC to force field))- particularly when Draggor lands in front of it and detonates an optic burst, causing most of the demons nearby to reel back in pain. With a little sword work the alien dispatches the last clawed alien as it lies helpless in Icky’s net, then pulls back to the north with the others. Blinded, the front ranks of demons thrash against Kaedras’ force field, but the rear ranks move off as you all retreat north. After milling about in confusion for a few seconds, they proceed to the northwest. They’re headed in towards the buildings, apparently ignoring the withdrawing combatants, and may very well be making their way towards #18 (the same building the group of fliers has entered). Speaking of the fliers, Starchief spots one of them go flying out of a window in building #18, it’s body smoking and apparently lifeless as it crashes to the ground and dissolves into ash. Perhaps some of the locals are also fighting back?

Starchief also spots more reinforcements moving in from the other parts of the city- one group of eight coming up each of the eastern and western passes, and a pair of newcomers to the south. Across the board, their movements remind him of nothing so much as hunting parties. They appear to be tracking- moving cautiously, in search of prey. As the party members move out of direct conflict with the demons, the monsters nearly universally lose interest and turn their attention to the civilian buildings. Perhaps that movement could be turned to your advantage?

Begin Round 6!

Round 5 Summary
Exe: Mud mound is dead.
Ghast: Ammo used as intended.
Starchief: -22 MDC.
Corrigon: -13 MDC to AoI.
Icky: PPE used as intended.
Kaedras: -52 MDC to force field, -30 ISP.
Juan: -34 MDC.

Current Status
Starchief, Ghast, Exe, and Matthew are perched atop a building and largely unmolested (for now).
Icky, Juan, Kaedras, and Draggor have all rendezvoused some distance back from Kaedras’ force field. Those demons to the south that are not actively tied up appear to be breaking off and moving west.
Corrigon has a cargo of civilians and needs to get out of dodge before four or so demons catch up with him.
More reinforcements are inbound from all three directions.
Map
Round 6.jpg
Why kill a PC when you can torture their player?
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Juan Echo
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] DISCO! INFERNAL!

Post by Juan Echo »

Perception (33%) 1d100<33: [89] = 0
JiC 1d20: [15] = 15 / 1d100: [18] = 18

Armor
Energy Aura 88/100 M.D.C. (activated twice today)
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 60
  • Arms: 50 each
  • Legs: 60 each
  • Main Body: 140

Board shorts
Teal and black bowling shirt
Action Sandals
HPC bracelet

Weapons
Magical staff with the Rings of Sha Los (2)
V81 Volcano Mark-1 22/25
Combat
APM: 7
Initiative 1d20+6: [12]+6 = 18
1. Strike nearest demon with staff 1d20+9: [2]+9 = 11 (critical fail) / damage 15d6+2: [4, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 1, 6, 6, 1, 3, 6, 3, 5, 4]+2 = 71 M.D. / dodge 1d20+8: [11]+8 = 19
2. Strike nearest demon with staff 1d20+9: [2]+9 = 11 (critical fail) / damage 15d6+2: [4, 2, 3, 5, 4, 4, 2, 2, 6, 6, 4, 1, 1, 6, 5]+2 = 57 M.D. / dodge 1d20+8: [19]+8 = 27
3. Strike nearest demon with staff 1d20+9: [3]+9 = 12 / damage 15d6+2: [5, 2, 1, 5, 2, 4, 6, 1, 6, 2, 1, 4, 5, 2, 5]+2 = 53 M.D. / dodge 1d20+8: [15]+8 = 23
4. Strike nearest demon with staff 1d20+9: [11]+9 = 20 / damage 15d6+2: [3, 4, 2, 5, 1, 1, 6, 2, 3, 3, 5, 4, 4, 6, 4]+2 = 55 M.D. / dodge 1d20+8: [2]+8 = 10
5. Strike nearest demon with staff 1d20+9: [9]+9 = 18 / damage 15d6+2: [6, 2, 6, 1, 6, 6, 3, 3, 6, 3, 4, 2, 3, 3, 1]+2 = 57 M.D. / dodge 1d20+8: [15]+8 = 23
6. Strike nearest demon with staff 1d20+9: [1]+9 = 10 (critical fail) / damage 15d6+2: [5, 3, 3, 6, 4, 6, 6, 4, 5, 4, 1, 5, 1, 6, 5]+2 = 66 M.D. / dodge 1d20+8: [12]+8 = 20
7. Strike nearest demon with staff 1d20+9: [11]+9 = 20 / damage 15d6+2: [5, 5, 2, 5, 5, 1, 6, 5, 3, 3, 3, 4, 1, 6, 6]+2 = 62 M.D. / dodge 1d20+8: [20]+8 = 28
Contingencies
1. Activate energy aura for a thrid time if need be, auto-dodge 1d20+3: [6]+3 = 9
Parry rolls: 1) 1d20+8: [17]+8 = 25 ; 2) 1d20+8: [12]+8 = 20 ; 3) 1d20+8: [14]+8 = 22 ; 4) 1d20+8: [9]+8 = 17 ; 5) 1d20+8: [17]+8 = 25 ; 6) 1d20+8: [12]+8 = 20 ; 7) 1d20+8: [15]+8 = 23
Juan Echo retreats north to regroup with the rest of the Galactic Adventurers. He keeps apace with Icky and Kaedras, making sure they do not fall behind. If any demon gets close he takes a broad swing in their direction. Some might say that it is a very broad swing indeed, even wildly directionless. Defeat has never sit well with the Wanderer, but he has to admit that this neighborhood has already been lost to the demons. If I had another minute I could save another dozen urqos lives.It's ok Jonny, you're only a god. You're not some kind of omniscient and omnipotent being. Perhaps, Joni, but I do see something.

A safe distance from the demons Juan notices that they are turning into a building to the southwest. He looks at his teammates, and points his magical staff at the apartments, "I wonder what they are going after."
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 300 | P.P.E.: 50 | I.S.P.:82
May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
Post Reply

Return to “Phase World: Center”