[GA] DISCO! INFERNAL!

Dimensional Nexus of the Megaverse

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
Posts: 657
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [GA] DISCO! INFERNAL!

Post by Dark Lord »

The demons fade into the cacophony of violence and destruction that you leave behind you as you evacuate. Draggor has the foresight to snag one of the mysterious computers at Corrigon’s urging, and with that the lot of you are more than happy to leave the besieged city block behind. Setting down just outside the entrance you used to access Level 9, the civilians gratefully debark while Starchief gives a rousing speech and sends them on their way. The poor souls have little beyond their lives and the clothes on their backs, but at least they won’t starve and from the looks of them this isn’t the first time many have had to rebuild their lives from scratch. With a combination of boredom, fatigue, and helplessness that is all-too-familiar to some of you, they trudge up to the next level with barely a backwards glance. If nothing else, Starchief’s introduction is able to smooth their path through security (not that there’s much this far down) and up to Level 8 where, hopefully, they can find somewhere new to call their own and start fresh once again. The little girl you rescued, however, maintains her death grip on Corvus and will start shrieking for her mommy the second Ghast’s fear suppression wears off. None of the other refugees appears willing to take her- and who can blame them? They’ll have a hard enough time taking care of themselves. But you can’t just leave her there- right?

With the refugees mostly dispersed, Corrigon changes back into a robot form and eventually produces a cigar to celebrate a job well done (fortunately, Draggor has a rough facsimile of a light the Arismal can use). When Draggor lands with the computer, Starchief notices and inquires after it, to which Corrigon briefly outlines the situation and Juan and Icky fill in the rest of the salient details. Ghast pipes up and asks if they’ve seen any sign of Thraxus; the resounding negative response confirms that this trip was, in fact, a bust. Finally, Kaedras offers to do a telepathic scan of Polya in the hopes of helping her, or at least finding out more information about what happened to her. Assuming Starchief agrees, Kaedras moves towards the unconscious woman only to have the suspicious elf woman, Eldora, interpose herself. ”No way in Hades I’m lettin’ you muck about in her mind, kid.” Again, Yiggins proves the voice of restraint as he lays a hand on her shoulder, ”Now, Eldora, I’m sure this fine young man won’t go diggin’ fer any secrets, will ye lad? Let ‘im give it a whirl, I dinnae think he’ll do ‘er any harm, and it might even help. If nae, we’re on our way to th’ healers next.” With an encouraging nod to Kaedras (should he decide to proceed), Yiggins gently steers Eldora away and Kaedras gets to work under the less-than-friendly gaze of the big minotaur still carrying Polya (and quite effortlessly, from what you can tell).
If you do the mind probe
Kaedras barely makes contact when he is suddenly flooded with one emotion: rage. There is literally nothing else inside the woman’s mind besides all-consuming, unfocused rage with no discernable target or outlet. She might still be in there, beneath it all, but if so it’s likely to be some sort of deep comatose state. Kaedras tries to push deeper- only to realize with alarm that the emotions are overwhelming his own psychic defenses. The elf is forcibly ejected from Polya’s mind, and for about a minute he is under the effects of empathic transmission: anger. The effect will dissipate just as suddenly as it comes on, but even after it fades Kaedras feels some sort of distasteful psychic residue. He is not inclined to try again.
Lacking any other plan, you decide to head back up to the upper levels. Yiggins and his crew will follow until you reach Level 4, whereupon they will depart for the Warlock quarter with some (mostly) cheerful waves and expressions of gratitude. Also along the way, Juan receives a telepathic message from his sister, Joan. <<Brother? There is an urqos here- well, a deity. He says you work for him, and that he needs to hide in the last place anyone would expect to find him. He wants you to come here and meet him. What should we do?>> Now who could that be?

What are you doing?
Why kill a PC when you can torture their player?
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Juan Echo
Posts: 262
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] DISCO! INFERNAL!

Post by Juan Echo »

Perception (33%) 1d100<33: [39] = 0
JiC 1d20: [10] = 10 / 1d100: [56] = 56

Armor
Splugorth Talisman of Armor of Ithan 100/100 M.D.C. (activated twice today)
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Main Body: 140
  • Helmet: 60
  • Arms: 50 each
  • Legs: 60 each

Board shorts
Teal and black bowling shirt
Action Sandals
HPC bracelet

Weapons
V81 Volcano Mark-1 22/25
Magical clubs with the Rings of Sha Los (2)

After successfully evacuating the civilians from Level 9, Juan takes a deep breath. Since joining the Galactic Adventurers he has fought off multiple demon swarms. Not every battle, especially not the most recent one, has been a victory. And every time the tolls have been catastrophic. It is enough to shake a god's faith in himself. But then looking back at Yiggins and his crew, he realizes that it was a small miracle that the Adventurer's managed to save anyone.

Juan looks at the computer console that Draggor recovered with some concern. Is this a server from from Rate-A-Deity? Could it reveal who is responsible for all the hurtful lies about me?* Anyone that has travelled with Juan for any length of time has been exposed to Rate-A-Deity (among other things). But few of them understand how much he cherishes his profile on the ultranet site. For many of the lesser deities, not that the Yayamama Pantheon at large would consider themselves as such, it is a sign of legitimacy. It is proof that they are divine beings whose existence benefits all life in the Three Galaxies and that their religion is not some sort of scheme to reinforce socio-cultural hierarchies that pool wealth and power with a group of supernatural weirdos and their favorites.
Draggor wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:34 pm"Juan, how normal that beings are angry with you and yours?"
Juan let's out a sigh. "I suppose that every religion has its detractors. And since the Yaya and the Mama are locked in a perpetual war means that there is a whole planet that does not like me. But this is something else altogether. Not that I check Rate-A-Deity every day, but when I looked at my profile before leaving Axis-5 it was a healthy 7.5.** Now it's down to 3.1."

As Yiggins' crew departs Juan gets a telepathic message from his twin sister.
Joan Echo wrote:<<Brother? There is an urqos here- well, a deity. He says you work for him, and that he needs to hide in the last place anyone would expect to find him. He wants you to come here and meet him. What should we do?>>
Juan smirks at the subtle dig at Thraxus. Heh. He does look like an urqos doesn't heh? The other part, Jonny. Waitaminute... Yup.

Juan abruptly stops in the middle of Level 4. "I think I know where Thraxus fled to! We must get back to our base immediately."
Exe wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:40 pm"So? Doesn't he have like a whole army and more. If he fled, he's fine. What're we doing about the demons? Like, they can just roam? How're we going to get them all? Or is that not our job anymore?"
"I wouldn't say he is in a 'safe' location. He is someplace where no one would look. And for that matter, we're the only ones who can retrieve him."

Once back on the Dime Store Magic, Juan explains everything. "Some of you might know that I share a special bond with my sister, Joan. Part of her psyche is in my mind, just like part of me is inside her. Just now, she reached out to me and said that our boss is on my home planet of Yaya. We need to go meet him there immediately."

Looking to Exe, and anyone else that asks about Tharxus' safety, Juan continues, "Thraxus visited the Yayamama System once over 1,000 years ago. He did not leave a good impression on either planet. In fact, I am pretty sure several members of my yul, or clan, would be more than happy to club him while he slept. However, we can trust Joni to take care of him; she is the Goddess of Hospitality and will protect him." He pauses and then adds, "Unless she gets bored and breaks his pelvis."

*Per Rate-A-Deity:
Holt-A-Hoy wrote:Juan Echo
Yayamama Pantheon
1 out of 10
I don't care how much he insists that 'urqos' is an honorific in his language, that is the rudest thing you can call a sexually autonomous being on my planet.

** It was actually 5.7; most deities will flip the the digits in their rating if it looks higher.
Last edited by Juan Echo on Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 300 | P.P.E.: 50 | I.S.P.:82
May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
User avatar
Exe
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:10 pm

Re: [GA] DISCO! INFERNAL!

Post by Exe »

Perception: 1d100: [88] = 88 /39%
JiC: 1d20: [13] = 13 | 1d100: [40] = 40

Conditions: Sense Rifts [110 miles] | Res to Cold/Fire (1/2) | Bio-Regen 1d6*5/min | FF [61/110MDC] | Telepathy [Two-Way between Ariel | 8min | 300ft ] | Anti-Grav Flight [20mins? | 70MPH | Zero-G 85%] | AUra of Power [4min | 1d4+2: [4]+2 = 6 to MA to help with trust|

Active Ariel Magic: N/A

Skills:
Invoke Trust: 1d100: [37] = 37 /86% + MA boost from Aura of Power = 92%

Post:

Exe goes to the girl trying to deathgrip his now perturbed familiar, causing Exe to softly smirk at the sight of the literal ruffled feathers. Exe focuses on his aura as he approaches, projecting a trusting, familiar, comforting aura of power as he approaches the kid. "Kid, hey, I don't wanna leave you here but you can't come with us. We're going to fight the demons. Is there somewhere we can take you? You can trust me." Exe will ask the girl while she is calm and still death-gripped. If she starts freaking out, Exe will back up, wide eyed and look over to Ghast. "Uh, can you do that thing again?" Exe'll ask Ghast to suppress her fear again.

Exe will basically spend the next several minutes trying to get the girl off of Corus and to talk normally, with intent to find out if she has anywhere she can be taken. Exe'll also make a point to explain she can't go with them. [Invoke Trust] Hopefully, Exe can find a place she is comfortable to be that isn't with them as they go to fight demons and other nasties.
Juan wrote:"I think I know where Thraxus fled to! We must get back to our base immediately."
Exe looks around and sorta squints a bit before raising both hands. "So? Doesn't he have like a whole army and more. If he fled, he's fine. What're we doing about the demons? Like, they can just roam? How're we going to get them all? Or is that not our job anymore?" Exe asks, not really content just leaving the damaged area behind and letting a specific amount of sarcasm drip out relating to his safety. Oh yeah, let's drop everything and go protect the big guy with all the money and let all the houses burn down. Leave the security forces to put out the fires... like that ever actually works. Exe mentally grumbles, scowling outwardly at Juan.

Exe visibly jumps as the voice of his ariel enters his mind. There is a larger picture. You must accept that sacrifices will be made, and that you will fight harder because of those sacrifices. His ariel explains, walking behind Exe in his normal fashion, looking past everyone. Exe sighs through a closed mouth and scoffs to no one and looks back at the basically destroyed area they are leaving behind. Exe will grudgingly follow and go to the base for the next steps.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Oren Exe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Ronan (Spook Squad)
ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ
User avatar
Starchief
Group Leader
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)
Contact:

Re: [GA] DISCO! INFERNAL!

Post by Starchief »

Perception: 1d100: [89] = 89 /62%
JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2 / 1d100: [42] = 42

They’re safe. We did what we could. So many dead. And we have no idea why.Sometimes I wish I still had my body. I could have done so much more. Oh, so you haven’t always just been a stick-in-the-mud voice in my head? Stick-in-the-mud, yes. Voice in your head, no sir. I was once… well, that’s a story for another time.

After being filled in about the computer, Starchief nods. ”Let’s get that server to Doodles. If anyone knows someone who can unlock what’s inside, it’s him. I don’t want to risk any of us suffering like Polya over there is.” Starchief looks to the comatose woman in pity. When asked about scanning her mind, Starchief reticently agrees. ”We need the information, but I don’t want you to end up like her. Do it. We’ll make sure you’re OK one way or another.” When Kaedras finishes, Starchief will ask him ”What did you find out?”
Starchief joins the others in their ascent of Center. When the other squad departs at Level 4, he nods to the mostly prickly crew and addresses Yiggins. ”If you need anything, don’t be shy about contacting us. And let us know how Polya’s healing goes. I’m sure under different circumstances, we could have all been best of friends.” Offering a handshake, he lets them depart.
Juan Echo wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:28 amJuan abruptly stops in the middle of Level 4. "I think I know where Thraxus fled to! We must get back to our base immediately."
Exe wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:40 pm"So? Doesn't he have like a whole army and more. If he fled, he's fine. What're we doing about the demons? Like, they can just roam? How're we going to get them all? Or is that not our job anymore?"
"I wouldn't say he is in a 'safe' location. He is someplace where no one would look. And for that matter, we're the only ones who can retrieve him."
”Wait, what? How did you extrapolate his location from all of that?” Starchief gestures back toward the lower levels. He’s gonna God of Travel his way through this one. No. No! No way! There’s no q’larking way he just did some ‘god stuff’ and knows where the p’thagh guy is!
Juan Echo wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:28 amOnce back on the Dime Store Magic, Juan explains everything. "Some of you might know that I share a special bond with my sister, Joan. Part of her psyche is in my mind, just like part of me is inside her. Just now, she reached out to me and said that our boss is on my home planet of Yaya. We need to go meet him there immediately."
He…he…but… He did some god stuff and knows where the guy is. If this was a bet, you’d owe me a Koja-Cola. But…ugh… ”Well, looks like we’re headed to Yaya folks. Get yourselves ready for launch in 60. Malath, you’re at the helm. Starfall, co-pilot. I’ll take comms.”

Before departure, Starchief contacts Doodles. ”I’ve got something I need you to check out. And we’ve got a lead. I’ll meet you at the shop in 10.” Heading down to Doodles’ Discount Destruction Devices (or as he likes to affectionately refer to it as 4-D), Starchief lugs the computer along with him. When Doodles appears, Starchief will tap his ear and then point his finger to the ceiling and spin it in a circle, trying to gesture Private information, we need a cone of silence. If Doodles is able to secure the building against surveillance, Starchief presents the computer tower and gives the man a quick run down of events. ”We think this tower might be linked to Thraxus’ disappearance. We ran into another team who’s psychic went comatose trying to read this thing. Do you have anyone who can breach this with caution? We also have a lead on Thraxus’ location. Here’s the coordinates.” Starchief sends over the location of the planet in question. ”If all goes according to plan, which it never does, this will be a quick extraction. We’ll return with your boss or at least a better sense of what the hell is going on. Now bring it in.” Starchief goes for an over-the-top manly hug between two manly men who know that sensitivity is strength. Or at least that’s what’s happening in his head. (Charm: 1d100: [97] = 97 /45%)

As soon as he can, he heads back to the Dime Store Magic and takes his place in the comms seat. When ready, he checks that
(Read Sensory Equipment: 1d100: [41] = 41 1d100: [90] = 90 1d100: [22] = 22 /60%, Computer Operation: 1d100: [17] = 17 1d100: [1] = 1 1d100: [32] = 32 /100%)
before contacting Center Space Control. ”Dime Store Magic, requesting clearance for takeoff.” If clearance is granted, Starchief sits back and allows Corrigon and Kaedras to do their thing as they head out amongst the stars.
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image
Ledger
User avatar
Ghast
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:31 pm

Re: [GA] DISCO! INFERNAL!

Post by Ghast »

Perception: 1d100: [86] = 86 /49%
Just in Case: 1d20: [20] = 20 ; 1d100: [31] = 31
Conditions: Sixth Sense (Inactive)

H.P.: 22/22
S.D.C.: 70/70
I.S.P.: 229/93
Armor (Main Body): 90/90
Integrated Force Field: 75/0; Disabled


Ghast is ultimately confused, but in the end just shrugs. Glad someone figured it out, because I sure have no idea. Ghast thinks as he gets onboard the DSM. Once onboard Ghast heads to his quarters and shucks off his armor, storing it in the locker next to the spare suit. Once dressed in his civilian clothes, Ghast makes his way to the Armory and tosses all of his spent E-Clips into the charger. Need to get more, I ran to close to dry. Ghast thinks as he peruses the items in the storage. Man they have quite the arsenal in here, I wonder if they'd mind if I acquired a few items? Ghast thiks to himself as he selects several things to round out his equipment.

Once equipped, Ghast makes his way to the head and washes his hands, before hitting the galley for a snack. Snack in hand, Ghast returns to the cockpit and finds a seat that doesn't interfere with anyone operating the ship. "So where are we heading? Ghast asks as he eats the piece of fruit he grabbed.

  • 1 Earbud Radio
  • 1 Electronic Auto-Lock pick
  • 1 NE Ripper Bayonet
  • 10 E-Clips
  • 1 NE-4 Plasma Cartridge Pistol
  • 4 NE-4 Magazines
  • 1 box of NE-003PC Standard Cartridges (96 rounds)
  • 1 Slicer GR-Gun
  • 4 Slicer GR Magazines
  • 10 NE-20G HE Grenades
  • 2 Smoke Grenades
  • 2 Wilk's Blinder Grenades
  • 1 Type 3 Fusion Blocks
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 408
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers
Contact:

Re: [GA] DISCO! INFERNAL!

Post by Chef Icky »

Perception: 1d100<61: [13*] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13 / 1d100: [35] = 35

Conditions:
- Armor Bizarre: 3 of 3 destroyed
- CAF Heavy Battle Armor: 21/120 MDC
- Integral N-40B Force Field: 0/110 MDC
Dark Lord wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:06 amThe little girl you rescued, however, maintains her death grip on Corvus and will start shrieking for her mommy the second Ghast’s fear suppression wears off. None of the other refugees appears willing to take her- and who can blame them? They’ll have a hard enough time taking care of themselves. But you can’t just leave her there- right?
Icky lets out a pained sigh as the girl starts screaming. In her shrieks for her mother he can almost hear the cries of the innocents in the UWW consulate when the demons (or deevils, or whoever/whatever they were) laid wasted during the big invasion. It doesn't help that the girl reminds him a bit of Squishy's daughter. For a moment he wonders if Squishy (wait, wasn't his name Mark?) was among the ones who got caught up in the slaughter they tried to mitigate. He shakes his head as there's likely no way in all the twelve hells that he'd ever know for sure. "Consarned if ya do, consarned if ya don't I guess..." he mutters under his breath as he activates his HPC and starts browsing Center listings for recommended local orphanages/halfway houses/long-term day cares/any place a child with potentially no family can stay for a while. Once he's found some to his liking and fired off emails asking about availability, he shuts it down and starts rummaging around in his rations for something a little humie girl might find tasty.

"Oi, darlin' -- ya hungry?" he holds it out to her with as warm a smile as he can muster. "Careful, yer gonna pull out all his feathers an' make him look like a Solstice roast ready fer da oven. Why don'cha lemme carry ya fer a while eh?" If she seems okay with it, he scoops her up in his massive arms and gives her a hug. "It's okay, darlin', I ain't gonna drop ya or squish ya. Me name's Icky, what's yers?"
Juan Echo wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:28 amJuan abruptly stops in the middle of Level 4. "I think I know where Thraxus fled to! We must get back to our base immediately."
Icky's about to object when he sees the look in Juan's eyes. Nope, he's serious. Red this better be a solid lead. He glances down at the little girl. "Oi, darlin', ya ever been on a spaceship before? C'mon, we'll get you cleaned up an' I'll fix ya somethin' better ta eat an' drink. Den we can see 'bout yer momma. Deal?"

True to his word, once back in the Dime Store Magic he sits her down at a table and fixes up something to drink and something a bit more substantial/tasty for her to eat and listens to Juan explain the situation.
Juan Echo wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:28 am"Some of you might know that I share a special bond with my sister, Joan. Part of her psyche is in my mind, just like part of me is inside her. Just now, she reached out to me and said that our boss is on my home planet of Yaya. We need to go meet him there immediately."

Looking to Exe, and anyone else that asks about Tharxus' safety, Juan continues, "Thraxus visited the Yayamama System once over 1,000 years ago. He did not leave a good impression on either planet. In fact, I am pretty sure several members of my yul, or clan, would be more than happy to club him while he slept. However, we can trust Joni to take care of him; she is the Goddess of Hospitality and will protect him." He pauses and then adds, "Unless she gets bored and breaks his pelvis."
Icky lets out a snort. You gotta be kidding me. This just keeps getting screwier and screwier. "Meet him, or rescue him? An' did da lil' sister inside yer noggin say why he needed ta lay low in da first place?"
Starchief wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:51 am”Well, looks like we’re headed to Yaya folks. Get yourselves ready for launch in 60. Malath, you’re at the helm. Starfall, co-pilot. I’ll take comms.”
The minotaur's expression sours -- partly because he's been bumped from piloting/co-piloting duty and partly because of this whole 'little girl issue' his dumbarse big heart got himself into. "Alright. I got ta go get some stuff taken care of 'fore den..." he grumbles in Starchief's general direction. "Gotta get me armor repaired an' find her a place ta stay while we figure out what happened ta her family an' if dere's any o' it left."

He ducks into his cabin to divest of his more potent weapons (leaving only his Pulse Pistol) and get out of his once-again-damaged armor, which he stuffs into a duffel and slings it over his shoulder. "Oi, darlin', I'll be back in just a bit. Ya can come wit' me or we can let ya bunk down fer a while in one o' our spare rooms an' get some rest." If she decides to stay he'll ask Datephus to set her up with access to a spare room, and if she wants to go with him he'll hoist her up on his shoulder and head out.

As he finds a place that can repair his armor he keeps checking his inbox while waiting for the job to be done, hoping for a positive result but at the same time feeling a nagging voice in the back of his head that the DSM crew may have wound up with a long-term dependent.

((OOC: as mentioned, Icky's looking for repairs to his armor but not really looking for anything else to purchase. If he finds a nice place willing to take the girl in he'll pay fees with a hefty tip. If it looks like it won't happen before they have to leave he'll take her shopping for some clothes, toys, assorted sundries, etc., so she'll at least have more than just the clothes on her back during the trip.))
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator.
Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. An' especially when I ain't 'round.


------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
Posts: 657
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [GA] DISCO! INFERNAL!

Post by Dark Lord »

More than a few of the Galactic Adventurers have mixed feelings as you leave the devastation and the demons behind. You did try to fight the army, but there is only so much a small group can do, and if the Prometheans are unconcerned about the security of the lower levels that’s largely the end of it. You focus on doing what you can, for whom you can, and right now consoling an orphaned little girl is at the top of the list for both Exe and Icky. Gently, Exe manages to get her to disengage from Corus, although at Icky’s request she latches onto him shortly thereafter.

While you two manage the girl, Starchief and Kaedras see to your other interesting guests. Starchief reluctantly agrees to Kaedras doing the mind probe. After a moment’s concentration, the elf’s eyes suddenly jerk open and he flies into a rage, taking a swing at Juan and roaring incoherently. The blow is easily stopped, and after a few moments Kaedras regains his self-control and relaxes. The melter reports nothing besides and overwhelming, all-consuming rage. He can only imagine what Polya might have gotten from the computer, that this is her state after reading it. Eventually, the feeling fades. Yiggins eyes the whole process warily, and jumps back with his hand on his weapon at Kaedras’ outburst. After everyone relaxes, the company takes its leave. ”Aye. Whatever else may’ve happened, ye saved my crew today. I’ll not soon ferget it.” Returning the handshake, Yiggins then waves his crew off and they depart. Once they’re gone, Juan relays Joan’s message to the rest of the team, and Starchief oh-so-enthusiastically dictates that their next destination is the planet Yaya.


Along the way, Icky and Exe coax a few responses out of the girl.
Chef Icky wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:05 pm"Oi, darlin' -- ya hungry?" he holds it out to her with as warm a smile as he can muster. "Careful, yer gonna pull out all his feathers an' make him look like a Solstice roast ready fer da oven. Why don'cha lemme carry ya fer a while eh?" If she seems okay with it, he scoops her up in his massive arms and gives her a hug. "It's okay, darlin', I ain't gonna drop ya or squish ya. Me name's Icky, what's yers?"
She looks up at Icky with haunted, tear-stained eyes and sniffles. In a small voice, she responds ”Uh-huh” in Trade 4. ”Okay.” When asked her name, she replies in the same voice ”Alison” At Exe’s question about whether there’s anywhere you can take her, she doesn’t answer for several long, heartbreaking seconds before timidly shaking her head no. Eventually, Icky will get her back to the galley, and while she does perk up a little on seeing the spaceship with wide-eyed wonder it doesn’t last very long. About 10 minutes into the meal, she’s eaten only a small portion and now just picks at the rest. After returning to the ship and shucking most of his gear Ghast joins you, which does exactly nothing to liven up the mood. Heart heavy, Icky does some checking and while he can’t find any good-looking orphanages on the public net, the gregarious priest has met a few people from that world in his travels and eventually gets in touch with a kind-looking matron who agrees to take Alison in. There’s no fee, but when you go to drop off the girl one look at the dilapidated structure tells you they could use all the financial help they can get. Being charitable doesn’t pay well. With that (and potentially a very rush armor job) lightening Icky’s wallet, he gets back to the ship.

While the rest of you return to the ship and complete any last business you have on Center, Starchief gingerly takes the recovered computer tower to Doodles after the tattooed man answers his summons in the affirmative. He is in his shop, waiting behind the counter, when Starchief arrives.
Starchief wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:51 amWhen Doodles appears, Starchief will tap his ear and then point his finger to the ceiling and spin it in a circle, trying to gesture Private information, we need a cone of silence. If Doodles is able to secure the building against surveillance, Starchief presents the computer tower and gives the man a quick run down of events. ”We think this tower might be linked to Thraxus’ disappearance. We ran into another team who’s psychic went comatose trying to read this thing. Do you have anyone who can breach this with caution? We also have a lead on Thraxus’ location. Here’s the coordinates.” Starchief sends over the location of the planet in question. ”If all goes according to plan, which it never does, this will be a quick extraction. We’ll return with your boss or at least a better sense of what the hell is going on. Now bring it in.” Starchief goes for an over-the-top manly hug between two manly men who know that sensitivity is strength. Or at least that’s what’s happening in his head. (Charm: 1d100: [97] = 97 /45%]
Nodding, Doodles taps a button next to him and then says ”We’re good. Speak freely.” The man takes in Starchief’s report somberly, taking a look at the coordinates provided and then giving the computer a critical eye. ”I know just the guy. Been doin’ a lot of work with some of the shit the demons left behind. He’ll be careful. In the meantime, I’ll keep my feelers out for Thraxus. Keep up appearances that we don’t know where he is for anyone looking closely. Don’t check in once you find him- if my contact finds out anything about this hunk of junk, I’ll let you know.” Finally, at Starchief’s proffered hug, Doodles pauses a beat and one eyebrow arches up. Then he shrugs and brings it in. Because you’re never too macho for a bro-moment.

((Continue posting here! This thread will remain open for a little bit for anyone who wants to do some last business/RP on Center.))
Why kill a PC when you can torture their player?
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Exe
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:10 pm

Re: [GA] DISCO! INFERNAL!

Post by Exe »

Perception: 1d100: [89] = 89 /39%
JiC: 1d20: [7] = 7 | 1d100: [2] = 2

Conditions: Sense Rifts [110 miles] | Res to Cold/Fire (1/2) | Bio-Regen 1d6*5/min |

MDC: 660/660 PPE: 440/440 ISP: 160/160


Skills:

Post:

On their way back to the DSM, with new orders to make ready to push off in the hour, Exe decides to spend some of his last minute cash on things to help make the journey easier for him. Finding any general appliance or electronics outlet, Exe will look at acquiring wireless earbuds and a wireless boombox that can be synced with his VidComm Watch. (probably around 200cr or so) Exe will also see about finding a personal, rugged military-durable computer (10,000) with intent on using it to store music, games and random notes he takes about missions, bad guys or magic, and syncing it to his headphones/boombox. Exe will also stock up on trinket materials (at least 10-20 more, so between 250-500cr)

IF Exe can find music ready to download from the Wireless PhaseWorld Music Store (If they have such a thing, we have iTunes :P) He will spend an unorthadox amount of credits (probably a couple thousand) on just purchasing music to keep on his computer and have with him.

Tentative cost of Exe going out unsupervised for an hour is approximately 13,000cr.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Oren Exe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Ronan (Spook Squad)
ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ
Post Reply

Return to “Phase World: Center”