[CAF] TFT Habitation Deck

Dimensional Nexus of the Megaverse

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Drago Gor
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:03 pm

Re: [CAF] TFT Habitation Deck

Post by Drago Gor »

Perception: d100<53: [64] = 0 , Involving Health d100<63: [76] = 0
JIC: d100: [28] = 28 , d20: [18] = 18
Status: M.D.C. - 250/250
Horror Factor 11, Keen Sense of Smell, Sharp Color Vision, Impervious to Disease, Fatigues at Half the Normal Rate, No Value to PPE Vampires or as a Ritual Sacrifice
Underguard wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:24 am Khanzari and Drago make their way to the brig and are greeted by a Catyr and Wolfen security team that waves them in after their credentials are provided. This wing of the brig of the Dreadnaught is large enough to house one hundred inmates, comfortably, in sealed chambers. Each chamber has isolated life support and can be jettisoned into space as life capsules. The Catyr escorts the two to see the Brig Commander and Drago is met with the familiar face of the Wolfen Commander Bergamo he met earlier that day. Bergamo greets to two.

"Welcome to my wing; let's go see our prisoner." Bergamo states and leads the duo down the long and open causeway lined with clear, weapons-proof glass and shielding, with dozens of units lining each side. Bergamo doesn't have to lead them far as soon the trio comes up on a cell with two additional security guards. "We assigned a Suicide Watch for him; the last cell he was in he tried bashing his skull against the charged glass and almost succeeded. Before that, tried digging out his own eyes." The commander brings them to a Noro who is in some sort of tight and constricting jacket. When they see the Noro, the Noro gets up and turns his head, looking at them. He just stares. "He's not happy we put him in the jacket." The commander adds flatly. He'll turn to Drago and Khanzari. "Their cell functions as an interview room. The glass can be made to be one-way, preventing them from seeing out. We also have an interview room at the end of the bloc. Sergeant Halixe can help you if there's anything else." With that Bergamo returns to his area and the human security guard offers a mock salute to both of them.

"Halixe; We've already got the interview room set up. Commander's just lazy and doesn't want to walk to the interview room. If you're ready, we'll walk him down there." Halixe states and will do so. It takes about 15 minutes to get the Noro resituated into the interview room but Khanzari and Drago are ready to go with Khanzari leading the way.

When the six and a half foot white tiger sits infront of the lenky and restained Noro, calm is not the emotion that overtook him. Khanzari can see a brief flash of pure terror in the Noro's eyes when Khanzari is eye-level to him that the Noro falls backwards in the chair. Though he can be helped up and after calming down, will ask for water. Khanzari lets the Noro take a drink as he tries to ease into questioning the Noro. Both Khanzari and Drago can see the Noro is incredibly twitchy, his head jerks to the right and the left eyelid twitches. Although, he does try to answer Khanzari. "Where... ack..." The Noro seems to crunch over and squint as if in pain. After a couple more moments, he tries again. "My head..." He says shaking it as though he were truly fighting a chronic migraine.

Sergeant Halixe left Drago with a small datapad with the prisoner's information on it, including medical treatments and notes from officers. Drago notes three things out of this; the same symbol located just under the right armpit, other than superficial treatment there has been no medical treatment to the Noro yet, there is a scheduled visit from the Task Force's chief magical advisor, a Chief Marr, tomorrow morning. Drago can determine Chief Marr is currently on another ship which is why the analysis hasn't happened yet.
Drago during this process uses his Phase Medical Field Kit to examine the Noro. He is taking readings on the Noro. He focusing on the growth and the interaction with his neurological system. While getting the readings he observes his mannerisms, and body language to see if it falls within Noro norms. When the migraine starts he is looking for the cause in a scan of his head.

Rolls: Sensory Equipment d100<77: [32*] = 1 , Medical Doctor d100<107: [37*] = 1 , Xenology d100<77: [50*] = 1 , Cybernetic Doctor Extremely Alien Biomedical Implants d100<52: [13*] = 1 , Psychology d100<82: [62*] = 1
Underguard wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:24 am After the Noro's migraine subsides, Khanzari sees him blink in sudden realization and just stares at Khanzari with some fear in his eyes. "I don't know who I am..." He abruptly states in a shakey voice.
He asks the Noro in Noro, “Do you remember if your headache was preceded by visual hallucination or ghost images. Also was there anything specific that seemed to trigger it?”
User avatar
Nug
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:06 am

Re: [CAF] TFT Habitation Deck

Post by Nug »

((Rolls Carried))

[Horizon]
Underguard wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:24 am Acina confirms that of the four, three different profilers were used. She also provides a list of less than ten names of those who have been transferred to the task force within the last week as last minute attachees.
Nug looks puzzled as he thinks out loud. "Why bother risk assassinating the Admiral if you're going to blow the ship up anyway? Is it just planning for possible failure or something else?"

"Right so the CAF likes rules so maybe they've got a predictable process when this sort of thing happens? What is it? They have certain people come on board? All leave cancelled so the ship gets fuller? They relocate in a hurry, this triggering the FTL bomb?"


Intelligence 64%: 1d100: [84] = 84 (FAIL) <-- looking for patterns, cause and effect
Underguard wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:24 am When asked about scheduled maintenance, Acina loads a schedule with foreman names and approved times for all to see. "The last time this vessel had scheduled work was three days ago when we confirmed the tight-beam connection to remain in contact. Last Maintenance Crew in this Hangar was this morning; each hangar receives daily maintenance. Logs indicate... odd. Passive logs recorded one human inside the ship this morning before I was powered back on; I cannot confirm what they were doing due to my active monitoring being disabled, but will run a complete systems check. Please check the ship to ensure there is nothing that shouldn't be here while I complete the systems analysis." Acina warns and her holographic image vanishes in stream of code, indicating she is dedicating most of her processing power to this.
"Well I wonder who the stickybeak is?" Nug quickly checks to see if the list of ten recent transfers match any on the Maintenance Crew, and if any of those might also be human. "I know a locate spell, but I'd need to know what our sneaky friend looked like, or have something of his on-hand."

The warlock has no idea just how many places a bomb could have been hidden on the ship, but the options feel uncomfortably high. I hope Acina can narrow this down a bit.

He shakes his head. "Looks like we're overdue for a tour of the ship. There anyplace in particular that's advantageous for some nut planting a bomb? Ammunition and engines come to mind but I'm no demolitions engineer."

During the discussion Nug uses his ability to sense magic in the briefing room, and whatever other rooms they cover in their search. I doubt the bomber is using magically augmented ordinance, but it can't hurt to look. If I left a bomb lying about, I'd want it invisible.
Nug Daimani Eklektós

M.D.C.: 217/217
P.P.E.: 230/230
I.S.P.: 40/40
A.R.: 14
User avatar
Nyx Tempest
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:55 pm

Re: [CAF] TFT Habitation Deck

Post by Nyx Tempest »

Perception: 1d100: [11] = 11 /30%
JIC: 1d20: [16] = 16 ; 1d100: [94] = 94

Active Effects:
  • Radar (900 feet)
    • Interpreting Shapes: 1d100: [37] = 37 /70%
    • Estimating Distance: 1d100: [93] = 93 /76%
    • Estimating Direction : 1d100: [77] = 77 /76%
    • Estimating Speed : 1d100: [93] = 93 /56%
    • Estimating exact location: 1d100: [37] = 37 /66%
  • Awe Factor: 10
  • Half Damage From Energy Weapons and MD Fire (Includes Magical Attacks)
  • Negates first 30 MD of all energy based attacks (Includes Magical Fire/Lightning)
Nug wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:35 pm
Nug looks puzzled as he thinks out loud. "Why bother risk assassinating the Admiral if you're going to blow the ship up anyway? Is it just planning for possible failure or something else?"

"Right so the CAF likes rules so maybe they've got a predictable process when this sort of thing happens? What is it? They have certain people come on board? All leave cancelled so the ship gets fuller? They relocate in a hurry, this triggering the FTL bomb?"

Nyx smiles to himself, We not see eye to eye on things, but he is more intelligent then he lets on. For all his lose talk and bad habits there is quite an analytical mind there.
You are on a good line of thought there, Lieutenant. There are contingencies plans for just about every conceivable scenario. So yes. There are things that would happen in these situations. However I do not believe the Admiral is following the playbook on this one. Hence our tasking to find the bomb. The fleet is scheduled to depart in 60 hours. That is our window. Additionally the CAF is not paralyzed by the lost of a leader, even a great leader like Admiral Pertovsky. When I said you are the second in command of the ship I was not joking. Should anything happen to me you will lead the crew. Just like if anything happen to the Admiral his second in command would take over. And it works down the line from there. There is always someone else in a position to take over and lead should the commander fall. So even if the Admiral was killed, the task force would continue on it's mission. My thought is this is a delaying action by some force. Someone doesn't want this task force to reach it's destination on time, and it also wants to deprive it of both exceptional leadership, experience, and firepower. The assassination of the Admiral would have hampered operations. So would the loss of so many soldiers and families. The loss of the dreadnought and all currently docked ships would have been a very large blow to the task force's combat power." Nyx clasps his hands behind his back while looking at his screen then up at the others still left in the room. "So far we know of two lines of the enemies plans. The Assassination and the bomb. I'm willing to bet there are others we don't know of. Delaying a launch is not very hard. If they have others under control just having them open fire in the Habitation deck would cause enough panic, chaos, and casualties to keep the fleet locked in place dealing with it. FTL sabotage is another way as well, but lacks the dramatic flair this group seems to have."
Underguard wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:24 am When asked about scheduled maintenance, Acina loads a schedule with foreman names and approved times for all to see. "The last time this vessel had scheduled work was three days ago when we confirmed the tight-beam connection to remain in contact. Last Maintenance Crew in this Hangar was this morning; each hangar receives daily maintenance. Logs indicate... odd. Passive logs recorded one human inside the ship this morning before I was powered back on; I cannot confirm what they were doing due to my active monitoring being disabled, but will run a complete systems check. Please check the ship to ensure there is nothing that shouldn't be here while I complete the systems analysis." Acina warns and her holographic image vanishes in stream of code, indicating she is dedicating most of her processing power to this.
Nyx frowns slightly, I was really hoping we were wrong on that shot in the dark. I guess we are not that lucky.
Nug wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:35 pm "Well I wonder who the stickybeak is?" Nug quickly checks to see if the list of ten recent transfers match any on the Maintenance Crew, and if any of those might also be human. "I know a locate spell, but I'd need to know what our sneaky friend looked like, or have something of his on-hand."

The warlock has no idea just how many places a bomb could have been hidden on the ship, but the options feel uncomfortably high. I hope Acina can narrow this down a bit.

He shakes his head. "Looks like we're overdue for a tour of the ship. There anyplace in particular that's advantageous for some nut planting a bomb? Ammunition and engines come to mind but I'm no demolitions engineer."

During the discussion Nug uses his ability to sense magic in the briefing room, and whatever other rooms they cover in their search. I doubt the bomber is using magically augmented ordinance, but it can't hurt to look. If I left a bomb lying about, I'd want it invisible.
Nyx looks at Nug and Hallon, "Well Lieutenant, we had the right guess about our ship. A split search would be the fastest, however Since you are not familiar with the ship we will go together to assist each other. We'll work from the top down. While there are places that would make sense to us, we need to make sure we search every inch of the ship." Nyx takes a step then stops, "Lieutenant, Your spell sounds useful. Should we find anything the person left or used I would like you to use it to track the person. You asked if there were any good spots to make the ship explode. I can think of a few. The obvious ones, fuel, FTL, and ammunition storage. However this ship is also equipped with an experimental main gun giving her the ability to punch through a cruiser with ease. I would expect to find something there. However we should not be neglectful of the rest of the ship."

Nyx will take the others through the ship searching every where to find anything out of place.

Detect Concealment 1d100: [3] = 3 /60% (Searching for hidden items in the ship anything potentially left by the human)
Demolitions 1d100: [9] = 9 /82% (Locating/defusing any explosives)
LCDR Tempest

H.P.: 44
S.D.C.: 64

Negates first 30MD from energy attacks. This effect is present over any worn items, bags, armor, FF, etc. (Exception: PA/Robots)
User avatar
Hallon Nemo
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:37 pm

Re: [CAF] TFT Habitation Deck

Post by Hallon Nemo »

JIC: 1d20: [7] = 7 / 1d100: [16] = 16
Perception: 1d100: [61] = 61 /26%

So much hate. The TGE is looking for a reason to wield their weapons against their enemies when they could just focus on themselves. Self-improvement, scientific and cultural advancements, even cultural exchange! Instead they're sending spies to kill in their name and crafting the skins for their wardrum. This is truly a misguided and evil people, and I will do what I can to prevent them from being successful in these endeavors. The Forge is in me.

"It's also possible that this is an offshoot of the Guardsmen that they create. Maybe a lesser powered one or even using that same technology for control. The symbol before us has been branded into the skin somehow. Perhaps the brand is also the conveyance of the control method or brainwashing. Hmm..."

When Acina mentions an unknown human previously onboard, Hallon stands up, ready to join the search with Commander Nyx. He brings out his PSE and scans his surroundings using a combination of the
To determine if there are any energy signatures in places they normally wouldn't be
,
to make sure he's covered the entire vessel and also combined with the densitometer to determine if there are any secret compartments that shouldn't be there that happen to contain explosives
, and
combined with the auto-map to look for secret explody compartments as well as any materials that have a density not in-line with the ship's normal materials.
. "When we have completed our internal search, we should conduct an external one as well. It might seem like poor planning to attach a bomb to an external component but count nothing out."
Masterchief Hallon Nemo,
Cosmic Knight of the Forge
User avatar
Nug
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:06 am

Re: [CAF] TFT Habitation Deck

Post by Nug »

((Rolls carried))
Hallon Nemo wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:52 am "It's also possible that this is an offshoot of the Guardsmen that they create. Maybe a lesser powered one or even using that same technology for control. The symbol before us has been branded into the skin somehow. Perhaps the brand is also the conveyance of the control method or brainwashing. Hmm..."
Nug taps his staff thoughtfully on the deck, "Didn't think of a brand. Some kind of mark of property? Plenty of folk use brands to mark an oppressed or controlled person. Hot irons or tattoos are popular. Worth looking into when we've the time, especially if these marks can be detected somehow to help find these buggers."

His eyes narrow grimly, and he taps his forehead. "Worst brands are mental. Scar the mind enough so a slave won't ever forget he or she is owned. Chew the mind up enough the slave never wants to escape and becomes dependent on the owner. Pity CAF psych reports are all doctored. I wonder how Drago and Khanz are managing with the prisoner."
Hallon Nemo wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:52 am When Acina mentions an unknown human previously onboard, Hallon stands up, ready to join the search with Commander Nyx. He brings out his PSE and scans his surroundings using a combination of the
To determine if there are any energy signatures in places they normally wouldn't be
,
to make sure he's covered the entire vessel and also combined with the densitometer to determine if there are any secret compartments that shouldn't be there that happen to contain explosives
, and
combined with the auto-map to look for secret explody compartments as well as any materials that have a density not in-line with the ship's normal materials.
. "When we have completed our internal search, we should conduct an external one as well. It might seem like poor planning to attach a bomb to an external component but count nothing out."
Nyx Tempest wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:03 pm However this ship is also equipped with an experimental main gun giving her the ability to punch through a cruiser with ease. I would expect to find something there. However we should not be neglectful of the rest of the ship."
"That's a handy gizmo you got there Hallon!" Nug looks impressed the the PSE's capabilities. "Outside search is a solid idea, though fiddling around outside risks discovery. I'd want to be working the bomb inside surrounded by metal walls, though I wonder if the answer is hidden in plain sight. Nug churns the problem over in his mind.

As he examines the ship with the others he first tries to sense any magical energies. Second, lacking fancy technology, he instead ties to imagine himself in the human's shoes. Musing out loud, he says. "Alright I'm some brainwashed fruitcake with a bomb. I got a limited time to hide away this thing where it won't be noticed for 60 hours, and this ship is just the ticket. Where do I put it? I guess it's small enough to be a one-human job to hideaway, and the closer it is to the ammo, engines or that big fancy cruiser destroying gun the smaller it can be."

A nasty idea begins to dawn on Nug as Nyx's words play over in his mind. "Remember what I said about hiding in plain sight? Is it possible to modify Acina while she's offline? Turn this ship into the bomb, programmed to go off at the designated time. If you can brainwash intelligent people into becoming assassins, can you brainwash an artificial intelligence into firing that big fancy cruiser killer gun from inside the hangar?"

Psychology 71%: 1d100: [61] = 61 (SUCCESS)<--trying to anticipate the mind of the bomber trying to hide something deadly on board
Intelligence 64%: 1d100: [81] = 81 (FAIL)<-- considering the motives, time available and information known about the bomber to narrow down the bomb location options
Nug Daimani Eklektós

M.D.C.: 217/217
P.P.E.: 230/230
I.S.P.: 40/40
A.R.: 14
User avatar
Khanzari
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:26 am

Re: [CAF] TFT Habitation Deck

Post by Khanzari »

Perception 24% 1d100: [12] = 12

JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13
JIC: 1d100: [87] = 87
the Noro wrote:"I don't know who I am..."
Drago wrote:“Do you remember if your headache was preceded by visual hallucination or ghost images. Also was there anything specific that seemed to trigger it?”
Amnesia? Or convenient malingering?

Khanzari stands and approaches the exit. When it is opened, he tells the security officer, "We require a medic, and a psychic if one is available. The prisoner seems to have... quite suddenly forgotten who he is."

I suspect he will be of little use to us now.

To Drago, he says "We need to be able to trace his route since arriving on board. I doubt he will be able to answer any questions now. Unless he is faking." He turns to the Noro, and says, plainly, "I do not recommend faking."

I wonder if I am thinking about this explosive wrongly. If it is triggered by FTL travel, then it is either tied into the FTL drive - which would be simple enough to trace via a simple diagnostic, I think, or it has a sensor device to detect when the ship has reached FTL speed. If it is a sensor, it might be jammed - though it probably has a failsafe for that.

Sensory Equipment 55% 1d100: [41] = 41 (identify the most portable version of the sensor that tells a ship that it has successfully reached FTL - SUCCESS)
Electronic Countermeasures 35% 1d100: [91] = 91 (would there be a way of broadcasting a sub-FTL signal - or masking an FTL signal - that overrides the sensor without triggering it? - FAIL)

Perhaps there is a way to fool the sensor?

Running the diagnostic may trigger the device, if it has failsafes. This should be a last resort. Cutting power, likewise. He looks at the Noro. Either someone has controlled your mind, or you are playing the fool. Either way you are wasting our time.
Khanzari Longclaw

"Come my friends! There is work to be done!"

MDC: 224/224
Light Combat Armor
  • MDC: 80/80
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 659
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: CAF, UPS and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s/ScytheNP#2513

Re: [CAF] TFT Habitation Deck

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote:Mission Day: 0
GZT (Galactic Zulu Time): 1900 (60 hours until launch)
Location: Phase World Controlled Space | Trident Hangar Deck | Horizon Conference Room
Ley Line Presence: None within range.
[Detention Level]

Khanzari is able to quickly summon the Detention level's medic and a female human appears to help. "How odd. His behavior has changed completely since we brought him in. He is almost passive." The human medic comments as she assesses the Noro. Drago can watch over her shoulder and notes she has some fairly advanced equipment with her. "Chief Marr is enroute to handle the mental component of this with another specialist. Due to the sensitive nature, the Chief wants to handle this personally and will be here inside 4 hours. But..." she pauses. "I can give you a cursory answer that he isn't lying. His thoughts are confused." She pauses and squints as she looks the Noro closer in the eye. "He really doesn't know his name. I wonder if this is a temporary side effect whatever is afflicting him." She muses, stepping back.

Drago does a visual inspection of the Noro while Khanzari speaks to him. The physical scanners can only provide so much detail but do show that the Noro appears to have an elevated antibody count in its body, as though there was some sort of infection it was fighting. Drago's own experience with the Noro mark this as an immediate red flag since Noro seldom ever succumb to infections; in fact, Drago can't be sure if he's ever even heard a Noro child complaining about a headache considering how mental mastery and discipline is apart of their daily life. While inspecting the mark on the Noro, Drago is less sure it is a brand as their are slight indents around its edges, possibly hiding an incision. The scan also shows that, during the peak intensity of the migraine, Drago runs another scan over the Noro's skull, though is unable to pinpoint a source for the pain.

The Noro looks at Drago through a wince and shakes his head. "I.. um.. what?" The Noro asks, visibly confused, looking between the human medic, Drago and Khanzari. "It hurts to think... I- Ahh!" The Noro begins, trying to start a sentence before writhing to his side in pain, flowing his head back.

"Alright, I'm sedating him." The human medic states and, without waiting for a response, pulls out a type of dispenser and injects something into the Noro's neck. A moment later, his pained voice subsides to a calm soft breathe. "It was like he was actively under something's influence." She muses with Drago and Khan. "Chief Marr is bringing the lead medical advisor of the fleet; an iborian, dunno who. We'll forward whatever is found." She offers Drago and Khanzari.

Khanzari moves on from the Noro and begins thinking on the explosive side of things differently. There are a number of sensory systems onboard the ship, though all of them are only accessible from the Bridge or specific deck security stations. Each deck security station has a connection to the Bridge's Battle Feed and full control over the internal sensors for that level. Possibly some sort of trigger related sensor but anything like that would be third party.

The subject is currently unconscious in his restraints. The human medic leaves at this point, however the security contingent that is outside remains by the door to the room.

What are you doing?

[Horizon]

Onboard the Horizon, Nug offers a philosophical challenge to Acina whose holographic image can be seen contemplating for a brief moment before answering Nug's question. "No. I do not think I am trapped or restrained onboard this ship. In many ways, the ship can be considered my body." Acina offers in response to Nug. "And while I cannot partake in liquor, I do not mind having philosophical debates. The mental stability of the crew is part of my directive." She answers flatly and moves on to the tour.

"Of course, my ability to perform visual inspections is somewhat limited. Please, whenever you are ready to begin." Acina states to Nug and will then walk Nug, Nyx and Hallon through each different room on the ship, explaining each of them (see Catch-All) or allows Nyx to explain. "The two most likely locations would be the upper launch pad where the Life Support System Control is located, and then the engine room or neighboring corridors." Acina explains. Nug does not sense anything magical that is unexplained on the Horizon.

During the search, Nug listens to Acina as she explains each section and besides his beginning insight, falls behind Hallon and Nyx. Starting inside, Nyx leads the trio as Hallon maps the entirety of the the Horizon, though doesn't find any curious energy readings that Acina can't readily explain on the inside of the ship. Nyx meticulously searches the ship and finds two things. The first is on the bridge, underneath the main pilot's console, just past where the knees would rest, is a small black cube that would normally be impossible to see. It appears to have an adhesive side and one port to access whatever is inside of it, but Nyx doesn't recognize the port type or the device. (It is the size of a 6-sided dice). The second thing Nyx finds is a small picture of a human, wolfen, catyr and some other race, all with their hands across their shoulders and smiling. The back of the picture has the words "For those who couldn't be here." The photo was pinned in the engineering catwalk, outside of normal sight, likely could've stayed there for years unnoticed.

The little black cube does not emit an electrical signal, has a small port on it and a lightly adhesive side. The remaining four sides are just a sleek black metal. Acina will say she has not seen something like that before.

What are you doing?

  • Nyx:
  • Hallon:
  • Drago:
  • Nug:
  • Khanzari:
PW: CAF GM || UPS GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Exe (PW GA) |Venenifer (Roughnecks) | Glitch (PW: Rogues) | Sam Animus (PW Void Reaver) || EP Ledger
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
User avatar
Nyx Tempest
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:55 pm

Re: [CAF] TFT Habitation Deck

Post by Nyx Tempest »

Perception: 1d100: [4] = 4 /30%
JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13 ; 1d100: [97] = 97

Active Effects:
  • Radar (900 feet)
    • Interpreting Shapes: 1d100: [80] = 80 /70%
    • Estimating Distance: 1d100: [33] = 33 /76%
    • Estimating Direction : 1d100: [84] = 84 /76%
    • Estimating Speed : 1d100: [84] = 84 /56%
    • Estimating exact location: 1d100: [48] = 48 /66%
  • Awe Factor: 10
  • Half Damage From Energy Weapons and MD Fire (Includes Magical Attacks)
  • Negates first 30 MD of all energy based attacks (Includes Magical Fire/Lightning)

Nyx does not really pay attention to the philosophical conversation between Acina and Nug, but catches enough to have an idea of the conversation. Acina is really something else. I've never head an AI talk like she does. Maybe they were able to create something very special here. Either way. I wish the LT would pay more attention to the search. He seems to be devoting most of his energy to the conversation rather than the search. I get things work differently in the UWW but come on. The ship, our lives and your conversational partner are at risk. The least you could do is actually pay attention to where you are looking...What's this? Nyx turns the picture over in his hands. Deployment picture? Maybe just before, based on the inscription on the back. Nyx Scans the picture into his MDT and puts it back here he found it. "Acina. Sorry to break up the conversation. Can you run this picture through the CAF database? I'd like to know who these people are and where they are. Also there is a species I'm not familiar with. Are they in our database?" Nyx sends the picture to Acina, Hallon and Nug.

Back on the bridge, Nyx locates the small box. "Huh. What are you doing here? Light adhesive keeping it to the pilots chair. It's not plugged into anything. Looks like it should be safe to remove."

Demolitions 1d100: [24] = 24 /82% (Make sure the box is not likely to explode in Nyx's face if he removes it from the chair)

Once removed, Nyx examines the box. "I've never seen this before. Anyone seen a box like this before? We should take it to the workshop. See if we can get a scan of the inside of it. Nyx looks at the others, "Unless there are any other ideas? Lieutenant? Any magic you can use?" Nyx waits for Nug to respond before stating his own observations about the device. "It does seem to be to small to be a primary explosive device, maybe a trigger device?" Nyx muses about it's possible use as he heads to the workshop with the device.

Sensory Equipment 1d100: [4] = 4 /60% (Use scanning equipment to get a view of the inside of the box)
LCDR Tempest

H.P.: 44
S.D.C.: 64

Negates first 30MD from energy attacks. This effect is present over any worn items, bags, armor, FF, etc. (Exception: PA/Robots)
User avatar
Drago Gor
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:03 pm

Re: [CAF] TFT Habitation Deck

Post by Drago Gor »

Perception: d100<53: [52*] = 1 , Involving Health d100<63: [77] = 0
JIC: d100: [73] = 73 , d20: [11] = 11
Status: M.D.C. - 250/250
Horror Factor 11, Keen Sense of Smell, Sharp Color Vision, Impervious to Disease, Fatigues at Half the Normal Rate, No Value to PPE Vampires or as a Ritual Sacrifice

Underguard wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:15 pm [Detention Level]

Khanzari is able to quickly summon the Detention level's medic and a female human appears to help. "How odd. His behavior has changed completely since we brought him in. He is almost passive." The human medic comments as she assesses the Noro. Drago can watch over her shoulder and notes she has some fairly advanced equipment with her. "Chief Marr is enroute to handle the mental component of this with another specialist. Due to the sensitive nature, the Chief wants to handle this personally and will be here inside 4 hours. But..." she pauses. "I can give you a cursory answer that he isn't lying. His thoughts are confused." She pauses and squints as she looks the Noro closer in the eye. "He really doesn't know his name. I wonder if this is a temporary side effect whatever is afflicting him." She muses, stepping back.

Drago does a visual inspection of the Noro while Khanzari speaks to him. The physical scanners can only provide so much detail but do show that the Noro appears to have an elevated antibody count in its body, as though there was some sort of infection it was fighting. Drago's own experience with the Noro mark this as an immediate red flag since Noro seldom ever succumb to infections; in fact, Drago can't be sure if he's ever even heard a Noro child complaining about a headache considering how mental mastery and discipline is apart of their daily life. While inspecting the mark on the Noro, Drago is less sure it is a brand as their are slight indents around its edges, possibly hiding an incision. The scan also shows that, during the peak intensity of the migraine, Drago runs another scan over the Noro's skull, though is unable to pinpoint a source for the pain.

The Noro looks at Drago through a wince and shakes his head. "I.. um.. what?" The Noro asks, visibly confused, looking between the human medic, Drago and Khanzari. "It hurts to think... I- Ahh!" The Noro begins, trying to start a sentence before writhing to his side in pain, flowing his head back.

"Alright, I'm sedating him." The human medic states and, without waiting for a response, pulls out a type of dispenser and injects something into the Noro's neck. A moment later, his pained voice subsides to a calm soft breathe. "It was like he was actively under something's influence." She muses with Drago and Khan. "Chief Marr is bringing the lead medical advisor of the fleet; an iborian, dunno who. We'll forward whatever is found." She offers Drago and Khanzari.

Khanzari moves on from the Noro and begins thinking on the explosive side of things differently. There are a number of sensory systems onboard the ship, though all of them are only accessible from the Bridge or specific deck security stations. Each deck security station has a connection to the Bridge's Battle Feed and full control over the internal sensors for that level. Possibly some sort of trigger related sensor but anything like that would be third party.

The subject is currently unconscious in his restraints. The human medic leaves at this point, however the security contingent that is outside remains by the door to the room.
After the nurse leaves he administers a pain killer in addition to the sedative just given. He then checks the Noro's vital signs for indications of relief. Blood Pressure, is still elevated, his brow is furrowed.

Drago looks at Khanzari, "This is dire. I was afraid the pain killer wouldn't work and I was right. It isn't physical pain. There is not a more painful existence for a Noro than not controlling their mind. Putting him to sleep does not alleviate that. For any Noro this is a fate worse than death. He is a victim not an assassin. I agree with confining him, but he did not choose to do what he did. I am contacting command and requesting immediate removal of the mass. It may cost him his life but any Noro would choose death over this, and I am confident in my skills. He will stand trial for his crimes, but he shouldn't have to exist in agony until then." He administers an amnesic via injection. "If i can't stop the pain I can make damn sure he doesn't remember experiencing it."
He quickly documents all his notes and interventions into the MDT. He then open a secure messaging channel to CAF Medical Command.

EXTREMELY URGENT
SENT VIA SECURE CHANNEL
ATTN: CAF MEDICAL
CC:CMDR Nyx
Subject evaluated in the Brig. Currently under sedation. Added a pain killer to no relief. Added an amnesiac. The sedative does not cease pain only masks his ability to demonstrate the effect. Pain is excruciating. The Amnesiac will hopefully keep the traumatic memory of the pain from taking hold. It is unacceptable that he is being kept in this condition. I cannot wait for the Iborian Physician they are sending. Recommend we prep an OR for immediate extraction of foreign material to relieve their agony. Although death is a possibility, what I know of Noro culture having spent my life on Noro, this would be more acceptable to him than his current state. That being said I am confident in my ability to extract the material safely. Once removed symptoms should resolve and we can study the foreign body for intel and in preparation for the patient's trial. It is my initial opinion that that scans indicate that this mass has permeated his nervous system and is responsible for the actions of the Noro against his will. I will reserve final judgement until I am able to further analyze the specimen. Speaking candidly refusing to conduct this procedure in the Noro's current state makes us no better than the monsters that put it there. In order to promulgate finding and making these monsters pay I beg you to allow me to do this procedure post haste. I appreciate your time and consideration, and I will reiterate time is of the essence.
Sincerely,
ENS. Drago Gor - CMO CAF Horizon - TFT ESO


Once sent, he sticks his head outside the cell door. He addresses the guards and medic. "I have requested to operate on the patient. If command can put aside their lust for retribution in favor of mercy you should get an order to restrain the patient and transport them to the OR. Please do so STAT." He goes back in, he places his hand on the Noro's forehead, "For your sake I hope Mercy wins." "Chief Khanzari, I am going to take a post outside of Medical Command, if I have not received a response in the next half hour, I will make the request personally. I CC'd Commander Nyx with my request, but tracking the explosive may keep him from seeing it, if you would be so kind as to fill him in if you return to the ship." Drago leaves impatiently as he walks down the hallway he says to the guards and medic, "If the Iborian shows up before my request is granted make sure he reviews my notes, and contacts me."
Last edited by Drago Gor on Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Nug
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:06 am

Re: [CAF] TFT Habitation Deck

Post by Nug »

JIC: 1d20: 1d20: [11] = 11 , 1d100: 1d100: [26] = 26
Perception: 30% / 1d100: [66] = 66 (FAIL)
Active Effects:
  • Sixth Sense (90 feet)
  • Immune to airborne or ingested beer, poisons, toxins, drugs, gases, pollution and magic potions.
  • Immune to radiation.
  • Half damage from kinetic energy and impact weapons such as bullets, rail guns, punches, falls, thrown weapons, and explosives.
  • Half damage from electricity and ion beams.
  • Third damage from lasers.
  • Tenth damage from extreme fire, heat, cold and powerful microwaves
Underguard wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:15 pm Onboard the Horizon, Nug offers a philosophical challenge to Acina whose holographic image can be seen contemplating for a brief moment before answering Nug's question. "No. I do not think I am trapped or restrained onboard this ship. In many ways, the ship can be considered my body." Acina offers in response to Nug. "And while I cannot partake in liquor, I do not mind having philosophical debates. The mental stability of the crew is part of my directive." She answers flatly and moves on to the tour.
Well that's a relief. If our mysterious bomber muddled your brains to intentionally blow us all to Hell at some point, and were barred from telling us, you might be feeling pretty trapped right now. Maybe this bomb plot is more straightforward.

Nug relaxes into an easy grin, going on with the search for things that make ships go boom.
Underguard wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:15 pm Nyx meticulously searches the ship and finds two things. The first is on the bridge, underneath the main pilot's console, just past where the knees would rest, is a small black cube that would normally be impossible to see. It appears to have an adhesive side and one port to access whatever is inside of it, but Nyx doesn't recognize the port type or the device. (It is the size of a 6-sided dice). The second thing Nyx finds is a small picture of a human, wolfen, catyr and some other race, all with their hands across their shoulders and smiling. The back of the picture has the words "For those who couldn't be here." The photo was pinned in the engineering catwalk, outside of normal sight, likely could've stayed there for years unnoticed.

The little black cube does not emit an electrical signal, has a small port on it and a lightly adhesive side. The remaining four sides are just a sleek black metal. Acina will say she has not seen something like that before.
Nyx Tempest wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:34 am Nyx turns the picture over in his hands. Deployment picture? Maybe just before, based on the inscription on the back. Nyx Scans the picture into his MDT and puts it back here he found it. "Acina. Sorry to break up the conversation. Can you run this picture through the CAF database? I'd like to know who these people are and where they are. Also there is a species I'm not familiar with. Are they in our database?" Nyx sends the picture to Acina, Hallon and Nug.
"Righto, let's have a squiz then." Nug examines the picture closely, and tries to determine if any are familiar to him. The CAF is a beautiful thing. Look at that happy snap, all kinds of people together in one big happy family. He glances about the potentially bomb ridden ship, imaging bombs behind the wall panels and underfoot. At least, when they're not trying to blow each other up.

If Nug recognises the mysterious species in the photo he'll inform the others.
Lore: Galactic Aliens 61%: 1d100: [36] = 36 (SUCCESS)<--Nug tries to puzzle out who the other race is in the picture
Nyx Tempest wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:34 am Back on the bridge, Nyx locates the small box. "Huh. What are you doing here? Light adhesive keeping it to the pilots chair. It's not plugged into anything. Looks like it should be safe to remove."
...
Once removed, Nyx examines the box. "I've never seen this before. Anyone seen a box like this before? We should take it to the workshop. See if we can get a scan of the inside of it. Nyx looks at the others, "Unless there are any other ideas? Lieutenant? Any magic you can use?" Nyx waits for Nug to respond before stating his own observations about the device. "It does seem to be to small to be a primary explosive device, maybe a trigger device?"
"Flabbergasted really, never seen anything like it," says Nug, looking at the cube thoughtfully. "I wonder if it being in the main pilot's console is relevant." The warlock leans on his staff a moment in thought. My legs ache. I need a beer.

"I don't know any magic to nut out its secret. A Locate spell could locate the owner, but only if I knew who I was looking for." The warlock looks at the two thoughtfully, wondering about the device. "Maybe a bit of machine ghost psi could figure it out its instruction set and function. Someone else could also have a crack through the port there. Being so well hidden we might get lucky and find it won't have much in the way of encryption and defence."

Computer Operation 61%: 1d100: [98] = 98 (FAIL)<--Has Nug ever used something like this, or the port type, when plugging into things and hacking away?

"A can of 'mental lubricant' might help bring up further insights." The warlock pulls out a can of Dark Lord Ale, and grins.
Nug Daimani Eklektós

M.D.C.: 217/217
P.P.E.: 230/230
I.S.P.: 40/40
A.R.: 14
User avatar
Hallon Nemo
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:37 pm

Re: [CAF] TFT Habitation Deck

Post by Hallon Nemo »

JIC: 1d20: [12] = 12 / 1d100: [100] = 100
Perception: 1d100: [20] = 20 /26%

"Look at this little thing. Sometimes the most dangerous things come in the smallest packages. Did you know that the Brachypooecetes myriascapus grassmite almost took out an entire planet of sentient life? Fascinating."

If Nyx determines that the item is safe to remove, Hallon will pluck it from it's place near the captain's chair and bring it to the workshop. "Acina, is there a safer place for us to disarm a potential explosive than the workshop? I don't want to risk injuring you."

If not, Hallon will follow the others into the Workshop.
Nug wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:13 pm "Maybe a bit of machine ghost psi could figure it out its instruction set and function. Someone else could also have a crack through the port there. Being so well hidden we might get lucky and find it won't have much in the way of encryption and defence."
"I believe I can use my scanner to learn some information about this cube. Or, have a 'crack' at it as the glass man said." Hal shoots a smile to Nug. Jokes. Have to remember that sentients use humor to connect. What's the worth of fighting to save something you refuse to be a part of? "I told a humor. It is OK if you want to laugh now."

If given the OK, Hal universal jacks into the cube using his PSE to download the information within.
Masterchief Hallon Nemo,
Cosmic Knight of the Forge
User avatar
Nug
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:06 am

Re: [CAF] TFT Habitation Deck

Post by Nug »

((Rolls carried))
Hallon Nemo wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:56 pm "Look at this little thing. Sometimes the most dangerous things come in the smallest packages. Did you know that the Brachypooecetes myriascapus grassmite almost took out an entire planet of sentient life? Fascinating."
"It is! Systems are fragile, sometimes all it takes is a little nudge in the right spot and it all unravels," Nug agrees with a dry little chuckle.
Hallon Nemo wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:56 pm "I believe I can use my scanner to learn some information about this cube. Or, have a 'crack' at it as the glass man said." Hal shoots a smile to Nug. ... "I told a humor. It is OK if you want to laugh now."
Nug blinks with delighted surprise for a moment, then laughs merrily. It trails away quickly, which seems reasonable considering since they're all gathered around a potential explosive device. "Where did you find this bloke?" Nug asks Nyx, marveling at Hallon. "We could use more of em that's for sure. Let's sort out Acina's little hidden boom box." Good to see he's an ocean of calm when dealing with something that could blow up in our faces at any moment.

As they attempt to relocate the device for further study, Nug banters with his new friend Hallon. "Crack really is a versatile word. If I'm cracked, then I'm insane. If I have a crack, I'm attempting something. If something is cracking, it's about fragility, but a cracking pace is to move swiftly. Then there's the crack of dawn, or someone being a crack shot. The list of variations goes on!" At no point does he appear to slow down or delay. His movements are efficient, but his voice a picture of sunshine and light.

He remains alert to Nyx, and his bright eyes narrow shrewdly. Yeah he might be cracking up if he can't see between the lines. I wonder if he does? Maybe I'll explain. With a smirk he explains his motives. "Don't think for a moment I'm cracked and not taking this seriously. Talking about anything can keep things calm while we get on with the job. It's a calm sailor the gets through the storm. We're lucky Hallon here isn't excitable, I've known sailors who would be cracking up about now. Fear is contagious you know."

Invoke Trust 60% (vs armed forces personnel): 1d100: [26] = 26 (SUCCESS) <-- invoking trust in his new leader after sharing a little his ulterior motives


"So let's set ourselves a cracking pace, and sort this little cubic cracker out." He sniggers as they hastily do what needs doing.
Nug Daimani Eklektós

M.D.C.: 217/217
P.P.E.: 230/230
I.S.P.: 40/40
A.R.: 14
User avatar
Khanzari
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:26 am

Re: [CAF] TFT Habitation Deck

Post by Khanzari »

Perception 24% 1d100: [2] = 2

JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2
JIC: 1d100: [51] = 51
Human Medic wrote:"I can give you a cursory answer that he isn't lying. His thoughts are confused. He really doesn't know his name. I wonder if this is a temporary side effect whatever is afflicting him."
Khanzari nods. "Possibly." Or a deliberate act of mental vandalism to obscure the real perpetrator?
Drago wrote:"This is dire. I was afraid the pain killer wouldn't work and I was right. It isn't physical pain. There is not a more painful existence for a Noro than not controlling their mind. Putting him to sleep does not alleviate that. For any Noro this is a fate worse than death. He is a victim not an assassin. I agree with confining him, but he did not choose to do what he did. I am contacting command and requesting immediate removal of the mass. It may cost him his life but any Noro would choose death over this, and I am confident in my skills. He will stand trial for his crimes, but he shouldn't have to exist in agony until then. If i can't stop the pain I can make damn sure he doesn't remember experiencing it."
"You have done this being a kindness... and though he may never know... I shall not forget."

And if indeed you are the selfsame Seljuk who rescued me from the rubble that day... I shall not forget that either. I am deeply in your debt.
Drago wrote:"Chief Khanzari, I am going to take a post outside of Medical Command, if I have not received a response in the next half hour, I will make the request personally. I CC'd Commander Nyx with my request, but tracking the explosive may keep him from seeing it, if you would be so kind as to fill him in if you return to the ship."
Khanzari nods. "My skills do not include interrogating the unconscious. I shall leave him to your care, and return to search for the device. I have some ideas where it may be. If I see Commander Nyx, I shall inform him of your efforts personally."

If the device is operated by a sensor, it will either be accessible from the bridge, or any of the ship's security stations. It would be wisest to check the bridge first, and then sweep the decks, security station by security station.

"This is Chief Khanzari, en route to the bridge. Over."

With that, Khanzari's feet leave the floor, and he floats at a decent speed toward the nearest lift with bridge access.

When he arrives at the Horizon's bridge, he will see Nug, Hallon, and Nyx gathered, discussing some small object.

"Have you discovered something?"

If shown the cube, Khanzari will use his demolitions skills to deduce who may have designed it, and how best to disarm it, before actually trying anything.

Demolitions 79% 1d100: [98] = 98 (anything he can glean by visually inspecting the cube, related to explosives)
Khanzari Longclaw

"Come my friends! There is work to be done!"

MDC: 224/224
Light Combat Armor
  • MDC: 80/80
Post Reply

Return to “Phase World: Center”