The Spire

Dimensional Nexus of the Megaverse

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Ghast
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:31 pm

Re: The Spire

Post by Ghast »

Perception: 1d100: [22] = 22 /49%
Just in Case: 1d20: [20] = 20 ; 1d100: [41] = 41
Conditions: None.

Ghast sits alone in his quarters on the DSM. the ship seems very quiet to him at first, but as he lets his mind drift into the meditative state he begins to hear the little things. The air coming from the life support, a faint buzzing from the lights, a gentle creak of the ship itself settling in gravity even after a few hours. None of these things bother Ghast, as to him they're fairly natural.

Ghast's mind goes to his past as it tends to do during meditation. The noises are joined by phantom sounds of water dripping, and faintly heard noises of people moaning or wailing. Now Ghast was in the past, in a tiny cell on a ship he never learned the name of. Ghast's skin itched where his arms contain crystalline grafts, put there by his masters. They're attempts to create an ultimate psychic killer. Ghast can feel the rawness of some new implant in the base of his skull, nestled up against his brain. Ghast may be one of the oldest subjects at this point, as many of the others either perished from the experiments, or from the work they were forced to do.

Ghast knows the time is short and eventually they will come and send him on another mission. To kill some sentient being for whatever twisted means they had. Ghast also knew that he needed to break free, somehow, some way, bu tat the moment was unsure of how...

Ghast's eyes flutter open as he looks about his quarters on the DSM. Certainly an upgrade from my previous ones, and the food is much better.
User avatar
Juan Echo
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: The Spire

Post by Juan Echo »

<Rolls carry>

As Juan and Exe walk back towards the ship, they bump into Kaedras, who is returning from shopping.
Kaedras Starfall wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:39 am"It is... gracious of you to hear out these complaints... but they focus on activities that took place before we joined. They are well explained in Datephus' archives. Allow the citizens to have their say but do not take them to heart - they do not know what truly transpired."
"Truly," Juan says in agreement. "A righteous deity should listen to the urqos to understand their wants and needs, but" he holds up a pamphlet that he picked up and continues, "they sound rather incoherent. Sometimes religion brings out the worst in mortals and they follow dangerous demagogues. I've seen this many times*, Haad included."
Kaedras Starfall wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:39 am"Juan, I have washed, eaten, and run my errands. If you seek to... carouse... this night, find me aboard the ship."
"Carouse we shall! Why don't we hit a casino? Grab a buffet, play some games, enjoy complimentary drinks and other delights?" Juan says as they enter Doodles' shop. He pats the star elf heartily on the back. "I plan on washing up right now, and then going shopping. We can meet immediately afterwards. Let's say at 8 in the evening at the Mercurial Lounge? Bring the new recruits with!"

He watches Exe then hop on the back of his familiar. The Wandering God cocks his head, and then turns to Kaedras and anyone else at Doodles' and says, "I'm beginning to suspect that our young companion isn't urqos."

Juan enters his room on the Dime Store Magic and changes into a clean pair of cargo shorts and puts on a new shirt, black with turquoise sleeves. He stops in the galley to see Draggor unloading food and drink. Juan picks up a pastry and casually eats it as he surveys the spread. "Pre-gaming in style, Draggor! Good call. How does a night of gaming sound? Tell Urqos Kaedras that you'd like to join us."

* Per Rate-A-Deity:
Hey_Joni (admin) wrote:Juan and Joan Echo, along with the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon is not associated in any way with the user 'LYND0N_L@R0uCH3' and does not condone any of his political activities or his worm curative medicine. We are not responsible for any damage as a result of following his uncertified medical advice or attempting to get off of his mailing lists. For any restitution or grief counseling, please contact Machin Aschen on the planet Mama.
** Mall post pending
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 300 | P.P.E.: 50 | I.S.P.:82
May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
User avatar
Dime Store Magic
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 416
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: The Spire

Post by Dime Store Magic »

For those craving some excitement, post here: Wonder World Casinos and Wedding Wonders, Also, those of you with ISP/PPE you were exposed to handwavium and you are at your normal max.
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
Posts: 669
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: The Spire

Post by Dark Lord »

What literature Juan is able to retrieve from the site of the protest doesn’t even come close to living up to the term. Fanciful claims with even more fanciful spelling. The godling swiftly concludes that it’s all a bunch of aggrieved nonsense and tosses it where it belongs. The rest of you take advantage of the brief interval to do some shopping, before you reconvene at the Dime Store Magic and prepare for a night out on the town. While Kaedras warns him off, and Exe might be too young in most societies, Center has a notoriously libertarian view of such things. There’s unlikely to be any trouble from the authorities unless Exe makes a scene (and a mess). Those of you who’ve caroused in the city before can attest, beings that at least look like children (while not common), aren’t unheard of in more adult-oriented establishments, and aren’t turned away.

Exe has something else in mind, anyway- he begs off in favor of the nexus but promises to catch up with the group later. The rest of you head out, and quickly decide on the casino as tonight’s venue of choice. Exe, meanwhile, goes his own way with his familiar in tow. Even in a place as heavily monitored as Center, most people give the ley lines a wide berth unless they’re active practitioners of magic. Exe is able to find a secluded spot where he can open his rift, and it’s just as well because once he makes contact the rift emits light to the tune of a plate-sized sun, and the voice on the other side is definitely not modulated for indoors. It booms- but fortunately the jaded, bustling city of Center either doesn’t notice or doesn’t take much care. Exe spots some Promethean security officers giving him wary looks as he opens his rift, but they relax a little once it’s clear the boy isn’t summoning any demons.

”THOU ART FAR TOO YOUNG TO BE WIELDING SUCH POWER. SPEAK THY REQUEST OR CEASE THY MAGICKS.”

The voice commands Exe to speak, and so he does- outlining his need, and a rather vague directive from his father, the god of time. After a moment’s pause, the voice replies.

”I DOTH SENSE THE TRUTH IN THINE WORDS, YOUNG ONE, AND THE GREAT NEED THAT DOTH DRIVE THEM. THE THREE GALAXIES TREMBLE, LIKE A SAPLING BEFORE A STORM. VERY WELL. I SHALL AGREE TO A PACT OF SERVITUDE UNDER TWO CONDITIONS. FIRST, I SHALT NOT TRUST MY SERVICE TO ONE WHO IS NOT DEDICATED TO HIS CAUSE. SWEAR TO DO AS THY FATHER HAS REQUESTED, NO MATTER THE COST. SECOND, THOU MUST ALSO SWEAR NEVER TO COMMAND ME TO BRING HARM TO A MORTAL. I SHALT SLAY THE DEMONIC AND UNHOLY MINIONS OF THINE ENEMY, BUT I MUST HONOR THE LIVES OF THOSE WHO ART PART OF THE NATURAL WORLD. WHAT SAY YE?”

If Exe agrees to the terms of the pact, the Rift expands and coalesces into a humanoid form before vanishing. In its place now stands a tall, muscular human-looking man with golden skin, amber eyes, and feathered wings. An Ariel- a spirit of earth and preservation. Looking around, the angel briefly blinks to get his bearings, then shrinks down to an unassuming 10 feet of height. Fortunately, this also shrinks the voice, a little. ”WHAT ARE THINE ORDERS, YOUNG MASTER?”
Exe
When you add him as a minion to your character sheet, include a) the terms of the pact and b) a description of his attitude towards Exe that includes the words “patronizing” and “protective.”
Why kill a PC when you can torture their player?
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Exe
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:10 pm

Re: The Spire

Post by Exe »

Perception: 1d100: [91] = 91 /36%
JiC: 1d20: [6] = 6 / 1d100: [6] = 6

Conditions: Sense Rifts [110 miles] | Res to Cold/Fire (1/2) | Bio-Regen 1d6*5/min |
Range: Self, 100ft (30.m) plus 50 ft (15.2 m)/Lvl
Duration: 2min/Lvl
I.S.P.: 8
Mind's Eye is a sensory power that instills the psychic with radar-like vision. this psionic radar allows the character to see the shape of everything around him. Even people or items concealed through magic (except Invisibility: Superior) can be seen with this radar vision. A psychic using this power suffers no penalties when blinded or in complete darkness. The psychic can sense and interpret the shape, distance, direction, speed, and location of everything around him in all directions at an accuracy of 70%+2&% per level. While using this power, the psionic has the following: +3 on Init, +1 to Strike, +2 Parry/Dodge, Cannot be snuck up on or surprised. Heave rain or smoke greatly hinders this power, negating the bonuses and giving a -30% to interpretation ability.
| Armor of Ithan (30/30) | Alter Aura (3 hours | Level increase of 4 (to 7)) | Aura of Power (3 minutes | MA Increase of 6 (MA 30 total)) | Float in Air (7.5 minutes)

Skills:
Streetwise: 1d100: [95] = 95 /43% (Where did they go)

Post:
Deafening one wrote:”THOU ART FAR TOO YOUNG TO BE WIELDING SUCH POWER. SPEAK THY REQUEST OR CEASE THY MAGICKS.”
Exe almost visibly jumps when the loud voice speaks to him, but is able to contain his composure. Focus. Focus. Focus. Can't be weak. Just a voice. Not a scary supernatural monster or anything. Just a friendly spirit. Exe encourages himself as he explains the situation, albeit vaguely.
The Ariel wrote:”I DOTH SENSE THE TRUTH IN THINE WORDS, YOUNG ONE, AND THE GREAT NEED THAT DOTH DRIVE THEM. THE THREE GALAXIES TREMBLE, LIKE A SAPLING BEFORE A STORM. VERY WELL. I SHALL AGREE TO A PACT OF SERVITUDE UNDER TWO CONDITIONS. FIRST, I SHALT NOT TRUST MY SERVICE TO ONE WHO IS NOT DEDICATED TO HIS CAUSE. SWEAR TO DO AS THY FATHER HAS REQUESTED, NO MATTER THE COST. SECOND, THOU MUST ALSO SWEAR NEVER TO COMMAND ME TO BRING HARM TO A MORTAL. I SHALT SLAY THE DEMONIC AND UNHOLY MINIONS OF THINE ENEMY, BUT I MUST HONOR THE LIVES OF THOSE WHO ART PART OF THE NATURAL WORLD. WHAT SAY YE?”
Exe winces his face slightly at the overbearingly loud terms of service from the Spirit. Uh, well, I mean, that's not really negotiating is it... I guess I get why... I don't really wanna swear to my father or anything, last thing he did for me was throw me through a dimensional portal without warning... Exe thinks to himself as the spirit continues, prompting Exe's shoulders to drop. I mean, I won't command you to harm anyone period really... but I sorta expect self defense... Exe thinks to himself as the words "What say ye?" exit the portal. Prompting Exe one more of the briefest of pauses. No turning back now... He glances behind him to Corus who is still contently floating but his wings are visibly frazzled by the sheer volume and force of the voice speaking. His familiar coos softly, bobbing its head closer to Exe in almost a nod as Exe nods in turn.

"I, uh, yes. I agree." Exe says, pausing and taking a breath. "I mean, uh, I swear to see my father's command to the end. I will also never command you to harm to harm a mortal." Exe states, his voice growing more confident as the sentence finishes.

When Exe finishes his sentence, the small, ball-sized rift begins expanding on Exe's Lap, prompting the young Demigod to jump back quickly and evade the opening portal. Corus also flares up its wings, though still floating, and sparks its electrical aura in response to Exe's alarm.

Moments later, the oversized Spirit of Light manifests and the portal swells, evaporating into the mist that brings the Ariel out. Exe is admittedly awestruck for the first few moments, the towering Spirit of Light outstretching its wings, rolling its physical joints as they manifest and blinking to get his bearings. Upon seeing Exe and the floating Lightning Eagle, the Ariel shrinks down to what it must think is an unassuming height of 10 feet, but for the child, he is still a tower.
The Ariel wrote:”WHAT ARE THINE ORDERS, YOUNG MASTER?”
Exe seems to twitch his neck at the still loud request, and holds up both of his hands, palms down, and moves them towards the ground. "Tone it down a little more." Exe says through a sheepish smile and steps back, looking at the Spirit. Well, definitely not subtle. Exe thinks to himself before addressing the Ariel.

"Orders. Uh, yes. Spirit, first, what name would you prefer to be addressed by?" Exe asks, not really asking for a true name or anything of the sort from the Spirit but just a name to call it instead of Spirit that it prefers. "I am Matthew, master." The spirit states. After it answers, Exe continues. "Matthew, you will serve as my guide and protector during this. I... I know I am young, but I want to do the right thing. I don't need you to speak for me, but rather offer me your experience and insight... this is still my task to complete." Exe tries explaining. "In addition to that, I will empower you to help me direct any other beings I summon throughout the quest, to exclude Corus, behind me. This is my familiar." Exe introduces Corus. "Finally, you will be released from this Pact should you be near death to return to your home, or when this quest for my father is completed." Exe states. Assuming all goes well...

The Ariel nods and steps forward towards Exe. "I accept the terms of this pact. Now, we must make it official so that I am never forced to question you." The ariel kneels before Exe and activates his Armor of Stone. A green and blue crystalline armor then manifests and encases the ariel and pulses a glow as the ariel speaks again. "Henceforce, by this pact, I will serve you, Oren Exe. Your choices are my actions. Your morals are my will. Your wishes are my pact. Do no evil and this pact will bind me." Matthew states, the armor pulsing again before crumbling to the ground as he stands again. In an instant, the 10ft tall spirit shrinks further, the wings folding over his body and molding into the clothing of a human; Matthew now standing at 6ft, wingless and more mortal looking. "I have used the guise of a Earth Warlock in the past, Master. I could assume said guise to accompany you openly." Matthew states.

Exe stood there completely nonplussed at the sight of the Oath the Spirit just took to him. Exe, no stranger to the deific and supernatural even at his age, felt the pull on his soul as the Spirit finishes the Oath. Woah... this is the real thing, isn't it... Exe thinks, bewildered.

After a moment of the Spirit standing before the young mage, Exe starts nodding along as the awe subsides. "Uh, okay. So, for now. For now, we are on Center and not in a particular danger..." Exe pauses, looking around. Huh, 1st level is really an entirely different city than anything below 4... Exe realizes, the culture shock of the relatively nice and secure First Level surprising, the loud but non-violent mob not withstanding. "So, I want you to be as unassuming as possible while we go find where the rest of the crew went... and your idea is a good one..." Exe states, pausing briefly to think. Invisible, unseen. Small. Powerful. There to give advice and help when needed or be ignored by most when not... not by me but by others... hmm... The demigod weighs his choice for a moment before nodding. "Okay, for the time being, turn invisible and reduce your size so you can be on my shoulder. This way we don't... you don't disrupt or attract unwanted attention..." Exe orders, pointing at his right shoulder while canceling the Float on Air spell for Corus who stretches out his legs and stands, standing taller than the now 6ft tall Spirit. Exe glances at Corus who seems to be reveling in its height. Feeling tall again, bud? Exe asks playfully to his familiar.

The Spirit steps forward and shakes its head. "Regrettably, master, I cannot reduce any further. It would be best if I either remain unseen or follow as is, I believe, I can assume another form." The spirit explains causing Exe to frown. Okay, going to have to fix that. I don't always want an adult escort, I fit into small spaces and some people can see through invisibility Exe thinks, remembering Juan seeing him. "Okay, fine. For now, use the guise of your earthbender. " Exe pauses, thinking a moment before adding. "We might just walk in with you like that. No need to hide you from my team." Exe thinks and nods in personal agreement.

"As you say." Matthew affirms and with that, Exe hops on Corus and readys to take off to look for the crew. Leaning in to his eagle, Exe pats some feathers "Alright bud, time to stretch those wings and find where those guys went. Think they mentioned a club?" Exe asks himself aloud before urging Corus to take off. Exe will gladly soar up into the sky, towards the Ley Line with Corus and his new guide, pleased with the outcome of his summoning and thinking nothing of where this path might take him. Okay, find whatever club they are in, probably just walk in with Matthew. Exe thinks to himself as he searches, fully prepared to just walk in.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Oren Exe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Ronan (Spook Squad)
ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ
User avatar
Kaedras Starfall
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 157
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: The Spire

Post by Kaedras Starfall »

Perception 48% 1d100: [11] = 11

JIC: 1d20: [5] = 5
JIC: 1d100: [99] = 99

Kaedras returns with his purchases to the Dime Store Magic, arranging his new arrows into their quivers and stocking away the extras for future use, as well as admiring his new sword. As the time for their outing approaches, Kaedras, dressed in ordinary clothing and unarmed, prepares to head out for a night on the town.

I need not concern myself overmuch with weapons or armor - I can create force fields and swords from my own mental energy, and so long as the water relic is bonded with me, I am never truly vulnerable.

He looks at himself in the mirror - cleaned and groomed, he no longer looks the ruffian that he was when they returned from Axis V. What would father have thought, to see me so battle-worn? Or mother, or Castien, or darling Seldanna? He spares a glance at Aldón, his gift from Seldanna, as the clockwork wolf repairs himself in the corner. He strides over and kneels down, scratching it behind one ear as he ruminates.

They would have been embarrassed to be certain. Such pursuits are not fit for a "scion of House Idralion" - of this I have been reminded often. But no Scion of House Idralion has yet fought to protect the weak, free the enslaved, nor put down a tyrant. House Idralion is a noble house, indeed... but perhaps I am no scion of theirs - their pursuits are not my own, and my glory will not be found doing astrometric calculations on celestial drift or peering through a high-powered telescope array. They will be found in journeying across the Three Galaxies, and using my gods-given gifts to free the galaxy. And if people such as those protestors never know what we truly accomplish, my glory, my honor is not lessened by it. Such acts as we perform are not meant to be known by all, not in every case. If people truly knew the depth of the threats we face...

He looks into Aldón's eyes, and chuckles to spite himself.

"Old friend, I ponder deep questions of my honor. You do not doubt my honor, do you Aldón?"

He stands, pivots on his heel, and walks to his door. Over his shoulder, he says to his clockwork wolf, "Stay and rest, Aldón. You too have earned a night off."

Then, he swiftly steps through, and makes his way to their appointed destination: Wonder World Casinos and Wedding Wonders.
Kaedras Starfall
I.S.P.: 188/188
M.D.C.: 45/45

Psionic Crystal Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 22 each
Main Body: 35/35
Psionic Force Field: 70/70 (Can be used 4 times per 24 hour period without I.S.P. cost to user)


Aldón MDC: 150/150

Water Relic PPE: 300/300
User avatar
Starchief
Group Leader
Posts: 543
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)
Contact:

Re: The Spire

Post by Starchief »

Perception: 1d100: [24] = 24 /62%
JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4 / 1d100: [29] = 29
With the others out and about, Starchief can focus on the logistics of the Dime Store Magic. He gets his datapad back out and starts over reading through the diagnostic report Dataphus (see what I did there?) pumped out for him. "Not too shabby. Seems the rebuild held up nicely. Glad I don't have to tell those ripoff artists they screwed up. Contragrav operating at 98% efficiency. That's nothing to shake a stick at. Let's see here, quarters assignments... Draggor wanted this one, the kid can sleep here, Ghast can go there..."

Starchief makes his way through the ship checking every room to make sure everything is as it should be, making sure to steer clear of the galley. When he gets to the armory, he sighs. Been putting this off for as long as I can. But it's time. He opens the door and begins to take inventory post-pirate ransacking.
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image
Ledger
User avatar
Dime Store Magic
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 416
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: The Spire

Post by Dime Store Magic »

The current captain wanders about the Dime Store Magic finding everything pretty much in order. He hears Juan telling everyone to meet at level 4 to go find some harmless fun gambling or getting married. Chef Icky's frustration at not finding anything to wear clearly audible after everyone else has left, finally he hears him asking Datephus for something shops that offer bespoke attire and then him rapidly clomping out of the ship.

He has weird flashes of memory at different parts of the ship during his inspection as if he were there fighting Atorians for a second, or coming across team members dead. StarChief has the distinct impression that there may have been more time loops than what the team has remembered and all those loops ended badly.

He makes it to the Armory, Datephus begins reeling off an inventory of what is still left in the lockers.

What would you like to do?
User avatar
Starchief
Group Leader
Posts: 543
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)
Contact:

Re: The Spire

Post by Starchief »

Perception: 1d100: [20] = 20 /62%
JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4 / 1d100: [17] = 17

As Datephus lists off inventory, Starchief shakes his head at how much was looted. "Damn, Pirates. Well, we needed to simplify our loadout anyways. It was getting to be a bit... much." His mind shifts to a different topic. I've never fought an Atorian on the ship... what was that? "Datephus, how many times has designate: Starchief died according to your logs? Please do a diagnostic of your own memory banks. Are there any blank spots, things that overlap or other errors?"

While he waits for the diagnostic to finish up, he goes to his room and picks up Champion. Champion. I'm having flashbacks of events that didn't happen. We both know that I was stuck in a time loop but do you remember exactly how many loops there were?
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image
Ledger
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
Posts: 669
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: The Spire

Post by Dark Lord »

Starchief wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:32 pm"Datephus, how many times has designate: Starchief died according to your logs? Please do a diagnostic of your own memory banks. Are there any blank spots, things that overlap or other errors?"
The AI chimes back almost immediately. ”SYSTEM ERROR. MY LOGS CONTAIN NO INSTANCES OF CAPTAIN DESIGNATE: STARCHIEF DYING. QUERY: IS THE CAPTAIN NOW UNDEAD? I MUST UPDATE MY ENVIRONMENTAL CONTROLS.” Datephus then acknowledges the request for a full diagnostic of his memory banks, stating ”SCANNING. PLEASE STAND BY.”
Starchief wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:32 pm Champion. I'm having flashbacks of events that didn't happen. We both know that I was stuck in a time loop but do you remember exactly how many loops there were?
The spirit inside the sword responds. <<I don’t know how to tell you this, my dear boy, but I have no memories of the kind. Frankly, I thought the lot of you had just about lost their minds when they started going on about it. Never thought I’d see the day when I’d actually prefer to be taken along for the romantic encounter. But yes, I only have a single sequence of the day’s events. I shall have the take your word for it that there were more.>>

Starchief has a little time to try to get to the bottom of that particular mystery, and complete his inventory, before Datephus chimes back in. ”DIAGNOSTIC COMPLETE. NO ANOMALOUS SECTORS FOUND. NO EVIDENCE OF TIME LOOPS FOUND. NO EVIDENCE OF DEATH OF CAPTAIN DESIGNATE: STARCHIEF FOUND.” Should Starchief specify any additional queries Datephus will happily comply, but either way after a short pause the AI will add, ”CAPTAIN, I HAVE DETECTED A NEW ARRIVAL AT THE TELEPORTATION PLATFORM. HUMANOID, WEARING PRIMITIVE TECHNOLOGY FOR SOME REASON.”
Why kill a PC when you can torture their player?
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Corrigon
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am

Re: The Spire

Post by Corrigon »

Perception 1d100<55: [16*] = 1
jic 1d100: [20] = 20 1d20: [16] = 16

Dressed in his ADF flight uniform and chest rig strapped on top and with his Equalizer pistol in a holster on his thigh, Corrigon knew he looked like a cargo pilot rather than a mercenary. He wore his standard issue tinted glasses to compensate for his eyes.vHowever, considering that he otherwise looks like an idiot with his original armour, he decides that appearing to be either very cocky or quietly confident in his abilities is his best play and hopes that they hadn't heard about his stupidity.

That interview was at best perfunctory, but considering my current situation, beggars can't choosers

As he approached the magical ship, he appraises it for how well he thinks it flies. If I got sent here, then that might be the ship I might end up serving on. Certainly better than a garbage scow.
OOC Comments
Pilot: Military Spacecraft: Small 110% 1d100<98: [29*] = 1
Coming into view, he calls out in Trade 1. If that doesn't work, he works his way through Trade 6 and Trade 4
OOC Comments
Language: Trade 1 1d100<92: [61*] = 1
"Excuse me, I hope you can help me," he calls out to Starchief, "a man named Doodles sent me here. That mean anything to you?"
Image LCPL Corrigon Malath

H.P.: 33
S.D.C.: 54
M.D.C.: 454

Wearing A.D.F. Flight Suit
User avatar
Starchief
Group Leader
Posts: 543
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)
Contact:

Re: The Spire

Post by Starchief »

Perception: 1d100: [67] = 67 /62%
JIC: 1d20: [12] = 12 / 1d100: [63] = 63
Datephus, the mystical engine and long time friend wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:34 am
Starchief wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:32 pm"Datephus, how many times has designate: Starchief died according to your logs? Please do a diagnostic of your own memory banks. Are there any blank spots, things that overlap or other errors?"
The AI chimes back almost immediately. ”SYSTEM ERROR. MY LOGS CONTAIN NO INSTANCES OF CAPTAIN DESIGNATE: STARCHIEF DYING. QUERY: IS THE CAPTAIN NOW UNDEAD? I MUST UPDATE MY ENVIRONMENTAL CONTROLS.” Datephus then acknowledges the request for a full diagnostic of his memory banks, stating ”SCANNING. PLEASE STAND BY.”
Andra sighs at the results he knew were coming. "No, Datephus. The Captain is not undead. Just... confused." There has to be something there. Just...how do I figure it out? Why do I care so much? Everyone dies, right? Except Thraxus. Stupid sexy Thraxus.

DL: GM LOL
Champion, the powerful yet boring rune weapon wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:34 am
Starchief wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:32 pm Champion. I'm having flashbacks of events that didn't happen. We both know that I was stuck in a time loop but do you remember exactly how many loops there were?
The spirit inside the sword responds. <<I don’t know how to tell you this, my dear boy, but I have no memories of the kind. Frankly, I thought the lot of you had just about lost their minds when they started going on about it. Never thought I’d see the day when I’d actually prefer to be taken along for the romantic encounter. But yes, I only have a single sequence of the day’s events. I shall have the take your word for it that there were more.>>
Andra sighs once more. Damnit. I thought your or Datephus' mystical nature would have some sort of safeguard against this stuff. I wonder, maybe I should see a mind reader. If there's something deep down, they'd be the ones who could dig it out. Wait. Champion. Can you and Datephus talk to each other?

Datephus, the mystical magical motor wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:34 am ”DIAGNOSTIC COMPLETE. NO ANOMALOUS SECTORS FOUND. NO EVIDENCE OF TIME LOOPS FOUND. NO EVIDENCE OF DEATH OF CAPTAIN DESIGNATE: STARCHIEF FOUND.”
Starchief says outloud to no one present but to one who is omnipresent (in the ship), "Datephus! Two questions. Are you capable of communication with my rune sword? And can you please find me the best psychic mind reader in Phase World? I would like to pay for their services in the matter of my deaths."
Datephus, the little engine that couldn't (stop absorbing people) wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:34 am”CAPTAIN, I HAVE DETECTED A NEW ARRIVAL AT THE TELEPORTATION PLATFORM. HUMANOID, WEARING PRIMITIVE TECHNOLOGY FOR SOME REASON.”
"If this is the psychic, I'm giving you a raise, Datephus." What's 10% above 0? Frak. I wonder if the ship wants for anything. It's not like any other ship out there. This baby's sentient. Starchief heads from the Armory down the stairs to the Lower Deck. He makes a left once he gets to the bottom and heads to the vehicle ramp. "Datephus, lower the ramp, please." Primitive technology? I wonder what that's all about. We've got enough creds to outfit...well, d'rast near anyone. Once the ramp is down, he heads over and meets face to face with this newcomer.
Someone with primitive technology but great connections wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:49 pm Coming into view, he calls out in Trade 1. If that doesn't work, he works his way through Trade 6 and Trade 4
"Excuse me, I hope you can help me," he calls out to Starchief, "a man named Doodles sent me here. That mean anything to you?"
Starchief's language translation ring may make sure he understands what someone is saying no matter what, but he can still tell what different languages are being used by tone and gesticulation. Well, he's not short. A bit slim, but that never meant a drast thing. Doodles. Of course. "Doodles you say? Well then you and I are about to get a lot closer. Are you here to join my crew or for some other reason? You... wouldn't happen to be psychic, would you?" Starchief looks hopeful but serious.
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image
Ledger
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
Posts: 669
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: The Spire

Post by Dark Lord »

Starchief wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:43 amAndra sighs once more. Damnit. I thought your or Datephus' mystical nature would have some sort of safeguard against this stuff. I wonder, maybe I should see a mind reader. If there's something deep down, they'd be the ones who could dig it out. Wait. Champion. Can you and Datephus talk to each other?
From what I’ve gathered, this isn’t magic in the traditional sense, so all the normal rules are out the window. It is curious- most of you recovered at least flashes of memory in fairly short order, while neither I nor ship have done so despite the substantial passage of time and resolution of the apparent threat. The question is, was the effect somehow localized to you and your team, and only you, or is there some other reason it is affecting our memories differently? As for the, ah, ship, it has shown a degree of vulnerability to psychic attack in the past, so it stands to reason that it must be capable of some limited degree of telepathic receipt. Of course, until I’ve bonded with a ruler, the only way to effect direct communication is through physical contact- you’ve certainly left me lying about on this ship enough that I should have been able to. Not that I’m annoyed, of course I understand. Not all occasions are suitable for a sword, particularly not one of my grandeur. Er, anyway. All that is to say, you may leave me lying around again if you wish, but I suspect I will not achieve a different result.
Starchief wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:43 amStarchief says outloud to no one present but to one who is omnipresent (in the ship), "Datephus! Two questions. Are you capable of communication with my rune sword? And can you please find me the best psychic mind reader in Phase World? I would like to pay for their services in the matter of my deaths."
Datephus pauses before answering. ”…UNKNOWN, BUT GIVEN PREVIOUS PSIONIC ATTACK ON THIS VESSEL IT IS THEORETICALLY POSSIBLE. QUERY: IF PHYSICAL CONTACT IS REQUIRED, CONTACT WITH SHIP’S HULL OR SYSTEMS MAY BE INEFFICIENT. RECOMMEND TOUCHING SWORD TO THE MYSTIC GENERATOR.” You can’t tell if he’s serious. If he isn’t, it’s deadpan.

In response to Starchief’s second query, the AI mutters something about ‘best’ being a subjective term, and a nearby terminal pings with a long, long list of psychics (and undoubtedly no small number of con artists). It could take ages to sort through, but the garish ad for one does catch your eye and at least looks popular, if not entirely reputable. It is on Level 3-B, called
Just one block over from the famous Wonderworld, this humble establishment can be found inside a nondescript, boxlike building whose sole ornamentation is a rather garish hot-pink neon sign proudly announcing the establishment’s name, the script periodically writhing like a nest of snakes as it reassembles itself in each of the six major trade tongues. Enter, if you dare… ((and I'll create a new thread))


Shortly thereafter, Corrigon approaches the Dime Store Magic. As he does so his practiced eye traces the ship’s curves and a certain awkwardness to its design. One of those damnable magic starships from the looks of the thing, and the way the FTL drive was just brazenly slapped on the end makes it clear that this is some sort of large shuttle or similar sublight design heavily modified. She’d seen some wear, and more than a few repair jobs, but from the looks of the thing its fundamentals are sound. As he approaches, Starchief lowers the ramp (as if forewarned) and welcomes the newcomer.
Why kill a PC when you can torture their player?
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Corrigon
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am

Re: The Spire

Post by Corrigon »

Perception 1d100<41: [18*] = 1
jic 1d100: [2] = 2 1d20: [2] = 2
Dark Lord wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:14 pm Shortly thereafter, Corrigon approaches the Dime Store Magic. As he does so his practiced eye traces the ship’s curves and a certain awkwardness to its design. One of those damnable magic starships from the looks of the thing, and the way the FTL drive was just brazenly slapped on the end makes it clear that this is some sort of large shuttle or similar sublight design heavily modified. She’d seen some wear, and more than a few repair jobs, but from the looks of the thing its fundamentals are sound. As he approaches, Starchief lowers the ramp (as if forewarned) and welcomes the newcomer.
As he gives the DSM the once over in his mind, he decides it could be worse.

Least it doesn't look like it is going to fall out of the sky. Definitely not a Kapperson 58 engine, but it has that functional look you get from military designs. Hope it can accept a non-magic pilot though.
Starchief wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:43 am "Doodles you say? Well then you and I are about to get a lot closer.
Corrigon pauses for a second at the possible implications of that statement.
Wait, is that kind of job? Did I misunderstand the advert? It seemed clear enough. I mean this guy is certainly easy on the eye, but I certainly wasn't expecting to be carrying out that type of service.
Starchief wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:43 am Are you here to join my crew or for some other reason?
"I answered a general call for mercenaries sent out by Thraxus, got sent here," he stops, deciding to address the Elekante in the room not that there is any of those left, "Can I enquire as to the exact nature of this crew?"
Starchief wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:43 am You... wouldn't happen to be psychic, would you?" Starchief looks hopeful but serious.
"And no, I'm about as far from that as it is possible to be. Sorry. I have a lot of other uses though." he explains earnestly, with a friendly smile on his face.
Image LCPL Corrigon Malath

H.P.: 33
S.D.C.: 54
M.D.C.: 454

Wearing A.D.F. Flight Suit
User avatar
Starchief
Group Leader
Posts: 543
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)
Contact:

Re: The Spire

Post by Starchief »

Perception: 1d100: [78] = 78 /62%
JIC: 1d20: [10] = 10 / 1d100: [98] = 98
Corrigon wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:19 pm
Starchief wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:43 am Are you here to join my crew or for some other reason?
"I answered a general call for mercenaries sent out by Thraxus, got sent here," he stops, deciding to address the Elekante in the room not that there is any of those left, "Can I enquire as to the exact nature of this crew?"
Starchief scratches his head idly while he thinks. Nature? Doing good, I guess? "We spend our days and nights saving the Three Galaxies from the various evils that plague it. Making the hard choices and fighting the good fight."
Corrigon wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:19 pm
Starchief wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:43 am You... wouldn't happen to be psychic, would you?" Starchief looks hopeful but serious.
"And no, I'm about as far from that as it is possible to be. Sorry. I have a lot of other uses though."
"Damn, that would have been convenient. So, what are you good at? We've got some pretty special folks on this crew. Oh, you can call me Starchief. Captain of the Dime Store Magic. You are?" Speaking of special, touching Champion to the Mystic Generator so they can chat? You learn something new every day.

Changing the subject almost entirely, Andra says "You up for a small field trip? I've gotta go see a lady about my death." If Corrigan agrees, the two will head to Madame Qarrkzs Sensorium Sensation for a psychic reading.
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image
Ledger
User avatar
Corrigon
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am

Re: The Spire

Post by Corrigon »

Perception 1d100<41: [5*] = 1
jic 1d100: [71] = 71 1d20: [9] = 9
Starchief wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:49 pm Starchief scratches his head idly while he thinks. Nature? Doing good, I guess? "We spend our days and nights saving the Three Galaxies from the various evils that plague it. Making the hard choices and fighting the good fight."
Corrigon breathes a sigh of relief when he hears that. So not a brothel. Good to know.
Starchief wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:49 pm "Damn, that would have been convenient. So, what are you good at? We've got some pretty special folks on this crew. Oh, you can call me Starchief. Captain of the Dime Store Magic. You are?" Speaking of special, touching Champion to the Mystic Generator so they can chat? You learn something new every day.
Corrigon pauses to consider his answer.

"Well, if your ship there doesn't require a magic user to fly her, then I'm the best pilot you'll ever have." he states confidently, with a smile on his face, "On top of that, almost any vehicle or machinery you need I can provide in some fashion or other, with some limitations. As for psychic powers, for the most part, they don't work on me at all. Some do, but more of a tickle than a threat to me." He then wonders whether to use a different name due to that stupid reputation, but decides against it.

"And the name is Corrigon Malath! Pilot, lawyer and dimensionally transplanted." he holds out his hand to shake Starchief's.
Starchief wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:49 pm Changing the subject almost entirely, Andra says "You up for a small field trip? I've gotta go see a lady about my death." If Corrigan agrees, the two will head to Madame Qarrkzs Sensorium Sensation for a psychic reading.
"You expecting it or planning it?" he queries, before they head off.
Image LCPL Corrigon Malath

H.P.: 33
S.D.C.: 54
M.D.C.: 454

Wearing A.D.F. Flight Suit
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
Posts: 669
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: The Spire

Post by Dark Lord »

Introductions are completed, and Corrigon finds himself with a new employer just in time to accompany said employer to one of Center's more... interesting locales. Continue posting here.
Why kill a PC when you can torture their player?
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1706
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: The Spire

Post by Consumer »

Welcome to the Machine
Date Time Location Info wrote:Date: Day 63
Time: 1500 hours
Location: The Spire, Center, Phase World, Corkscrew Galaxy.
Weather: 31 degrees, Low winds, clear skies.
Mission Notes
Bryke: No Skills Used.
Pertinax: No Skills Used.
Mungo: No Skills Used.
Glitch: No Skills Used.
Ultrix: No Skills Used.
Quince: No Skills Used.
Az Rael: No Skills Used.
The Rogues are led through a few halls to a door. From inside the room, Az Rael hears a gentle knock, to which Holt speaks. "Enter."

The Rogues here the response as the door is opened, and sitting in a chair across from Holt is Alex, former leader of the Galactic Rogues, to Quince and Glitch, they see a unassuming human or similar. "Please come on in, was the job completed?" Holt asks. Once someone answers, Holt gestures to an empty spot on his desk. "Just set it there, I'll get it to the right folk." He says, before hitting a few buttons on his console. "Payment transferred. So what happened to the other team?" Holt asks.

Holt will listen to any explanation, nods, and moves on. "So Alex here has finished with whatever personal business he was on, and would like to rejoin. I'm not insinuating that he's in charge again, that's for you folks to hash out." Holt says, as a servant drone comes in with a platter of beverages and snacks.

What are your Intentions?

Butcher’s Bill
Bryke: -40 I.S.P., -69 P.P.E., -1 use of Cosmic Armor, OP Field: 19/20 Uses
Pertinax: Loksuit Power Armor: Main Body: 82/115, -30 I.S.P. (Sidewinder Plasma Cannon -1 Shot)
Mungo: -81 P.P.E. (NE-6SL Revolver: -2 round)
Glitch: Force Field 94/110, (NE-75H: -4 shot)
Quince:Force Field 133/160, -2 I.S.P. (Phase Beamer: -3 Shot)
Az Rael:
The Rogue: 1 Token
The Ghost: 1 Token
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Az Rael
Group Leader
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:34 pm

Re: The Spire

Post by Az Rael »

Perception Bonus: 58% vs 1d100: [66] = 66
JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2 and 1d100: [5] = 5


Holt's First office
Consumer wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:50 pm "Alex, he's in the back, please head in."

Az Rael finds Holt sitting at a desk reading some manner of paperwork. "Alex, welcome." The blue skinned man says with a genuine smile. His red eyes warm with some unknown emotion. "Something to distract me from this mind numbing paper work." He confirms moments later.

"Looking to join back with the Galactic Rogues. I'm sure we can work that out. I expect them back from their latest task any day now. Not sure if I can get you back in as a team leader, because their dynamic is as odd as ever. Pertinax and Bryke are still involved, as is Mungo. They added two new mercs, a Quince, and a Glitch... don't know a lot about them to be honest." Holt says, Az Rael is certain he actually knows more than he's saying.

Something flashes on Holt's computer screen. "Speak of the deevils, they just arrived in orbit.... hmmm." Holt says looking around his desk. "Damn, guess we'll have to go there. We're gonna change venues if you don't mind." Holt says as he gets up and grabs a briefcase. "Please follow me." Holt says as he leads Az Rael to a different room, that holds a Phase transport pad. After keying in a code, Holt gestures for Az Rael to join him on the pad. One moment they're in a dimly lit office, next they're in a brightly lit hall. "To my secondary office." Holt says as he leads Az Rael through another door and into a much nicer office. "Please have a seat, a servant will be in in a minute to ask about beverages and snacks."


Alex is more than a little haunted by the greeting at the door, I am gaining too much notoriety if people I don't know are able identify me. Even if Holt gave her a heads up... would she wholly expect no one else to arrive? Leaving the over analysis of a possible innocuous situation for later Alex nods with a small smile and says, "Thank you." Heading directly into Holt's office and seeing him by the desk Alex smile widens a bit. He walks directly to the desk and office his hand in greeting, "Good to see you again Holt! It feels like forever.

Alex take a seat and listens as Holt explains that there could be an opening. When he mentions the leadership position Alex interrupts the man briefly, "No no, that's fine. Just looking for work." He immediately quiets and let's Holt continue and when he mentions the team arriving in orbit he cocks his head slightly, Coincidence? I wonder if mother new something. He smiles briefly and says, "Seems I have great timing."

Alex follows Holt through the transport and into the new office and takes a seat. The moment of truth is coming. It is easy enough to say there is a spot, but will they accept me. Alex sighs lightly thinking of all the possible dangers there are in the deep dark when a crew of cutthroat killers decide they no longer need you on the team. "I am looking forward to seeing them again.

Holt's Second office
Consumer wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:59 pm The Rogues are led through a few halls to a door. From inside the room, Az Rael hears a gentle knock, to which Holt speaks. "Enter."

The Rogues here the response as the door is opened, and sitting in a chair across from Holt is Alex, former leader of the Galactic Rogues, to Quince and Glitch, they see a unassuming human or similar. "Please come on in, was the job completed?" Holt asks. Once someone answers, Holt gestures to an empty spot on his desk. "Just set it there, I'll get it to the right folk." He says, before hitting a few buttons on his console. "Payment transferred. So what happened to the other team?" Holt asks.

Holt will listen to any explanation, nods, and moves on. "So Alex here has finished with whatever personal business he was on, and would like to rejoin. I'm not insinuating that he's in charge again, that's for you folks to hash out." Holt says, as a servant drone comes in with a platter of beverages and snacks.


Alex hears Holt mention the leadership role and again and cringes inside. He waits for him to finish the jumps in before anyone else can speak, "I'm not looking to step on toes, just looking to get back to work." He stands up and walks over to the team and continues, "There are some new faces and some missing faces. Nothing to permanent for those who are missing I hope?" Offering his hand to Pertinax he continues, "Still angry as ever? Alex smiles and shakes the tarlok's hand thinking to himself, Please don't bit me. Once he is done he will move to Bryke offering his hand, "Hello Bryke! It's been a while." He moves to Mungo last as he has spent much less time with the Octoman, "Mungo, good to see you as well." This one was and is a bit of an enigma, he thinks to himself settling on the idea he is a bit of an outlier for acceptance. The promethean has been accepting int he past and the Tarlock, well, he is a Tarlock. I don't remember any issue with the Octoman, but we shall see.

After greeting his previous crew Alex steps back looking to the two new members. The unknown entities. These are the ones who could make or break getting back on the crew. Alex raises his hand in a small wave, Alex Drakos, nice to meet you both.
P.P.E.: 99 / 99
I.S.P.: 47 / 47
H.P.: 34 / 34
S.D.C.: 82 / 82

Perception Bonus: 52%
+15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% dealing with Vampires/Undead, +5% Ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic
BA-26 EBA armor M.D.C: 90 / 90

Charm/Impress: 25%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 60%
Horror/Awe Factor: 12


Az Rael
User avatar
Glitch
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:00 pm

Re: The Spire

Post by Glitch »

Perception: 1d100: [36] = 36 /49%
JiC: 1d100: [23] = 23 / 1d20: [11] = 11

Passive (Always On) Conditions: Modulating Voice Synthesizer (Glitch maintains a human-like voice that sounds like it has a little static from a radio in it) | Sensory Antenna (10 ft) | Clock Calendar | Internal Juke Box [Glitch adjusts his profile to play internally | All tech-based sensory equipment is -10% to track him

Active (Toggle) Conditions [Cycles every 5 minute as a background process]: Explosives Detector (12ft radius) | Bug Detector (60ft radius) | External Video and Audio Surveillance (EVAS) | Radar Detector (80%) | Radiation Detector (60ft radius; identifies all forms of radiation and their level of harm to organic/synthetic matter) | Forcefield [110/110 MDC] | Motion Detector and Warning System

Active Programs [as of boarding the returning to Center]: Technical, Computers | Military Communications: Specialized | Military Rogue: Thief | Military Espionage: Undercover

Skill:
Ultrix, Lore - Galactic Aliens: 1d100: [24] = 24 /98% (What is Az Rael/identification)
Ultrix, Lore - Dimensional Beings: 1d100: [40] = 40 /98% (What is Az Rael/identification)

ID Undercover Agent: 1d100: [20] = 20 /78% (Is Alex who he says he is)
Intelligence: 1d100: [21] = 21 /90% (Is Alex who he says he is; assess any marks, suspicious movements)

Post:

[The Return Trip]

Prior to departure Glitch begins the process of unloading and reloading a few skill packages (taking 1d4: [1] = 1 hours) and then files the process into the background while traveling. For the duration of the half hour-ish transit back, Glitch will walk the ship a couple of times just to check no abnormalities. Upon/if finding any crew member that is passed out from the mission the robot will stand and study them for a moment before moving on, the sharpest of ears might hear an underlying rhythm of beats as Glitch moves by.

If Glitch is ever addressed, his head tilts and he zeroes his optics in on his addressers. "The need to sleep is arguably the greatest weakness of organics. Even the most noted mages and powerful forces need rest. It puts you at a great disadvantage. I am merely watching to help." Glitch states in response.

[Arrival]

Upon arrival, Glitch will leave the package to someone else and is one of the first off the ramp.
DON'T kill the messenger wrote:”Holt is waiting for you in his office, please follow me.”
When they are approached at the offramp, Glitch zeroes in on the messenger and nods for them to move out. Threat Analysis: Low. Potential last minute ambush unlikely. Organic crewmate will not be in danger while carrying the package. Glitch reasons.
Holt wrote:"Please come on in, was the job completed?"
Upon entering, Glitch immediately zeroes his optics in on the unidentified guest sitting across from Holt. Requesting identification and analysis of this unknown. Glitch asks of his spotter and his fellow studies Az Rael as he speaks to the crew.

"Yes." Glitch answers plainly.
Holt wrote:Once someone answers, Holt gestures to an empty spot on his desk. "Just set it there, I'll get it to the right folk." He says, before hitting a few buttons on his console. "Payment transferred. So what happened to the other team?" Holt asks.
"Dead. Except Hallistan whom we left on the planet of his own accord." Glitch states, going no further into details unless asked.
Holt wrote:"So Alex here has finished with whatever personal business he was on, and would like to rejoin. I'm not insinuating that he's in charge again, that's for you folks to hash out."
Glitch's head tilts towards Alex. Process: mkdir -- Alex.pwr ... standby. Glitch and Ultrix both then observe as Alex and the others interact, logging the encounters. Observation: Personal business required stepping back from work and leadership. What personal business would prompt such a lifestyle change that only to be changed again within a year. Familiarity with Bryke, Pertinax and Mungo. Is far too friendly given the nature of our occupations, a ruse or genuine? This will need to be investigated further. Glitch observes. con't: The use of passive humor; deflection or comedian. Alex's position as former leader explains the hesitancy of Pertinax and Bryke. I am curious if they will submit to Alex subconsciously and follow his lead again. Beginning experiment log... Glitch's main optic studies the man as speaks with the others. Glitch watches as he finally approaches both he and Quince and pauses, hesitantly waving to them both before introducing himself.
Alex wrote:Alex Drakos, nice to meet you both.
Glitch raises his own hand to match Alex's slowly, bringing it up in a small wave before looking at his own hand, then back to Alex and lowering it again. "Alex Drakos. I am Glitch. Full disclosure, I am what you would call an android, although I pass for an individual in an environmental suit. I expect discretion with this fact as my type are not welcomed everywhere." Glitch explains, pausing briefly while studying Alex. "I also would expect full disclosure from anything about you that might impact our work." Glitch states and studies Alex's response. Observation: Time will tell. I am curious what he brings or brought to the crew. Glitch notes regarding his new experiment in studying Alex and his dynamic with the others. Personal Growth: My being an android is a simple explanation for the organic mind. As I make changes to my base code, I become more alien to them than magic is to me. Glitch notates in his own logs.
What happens when a being designed to follow orders and programmed to kill eliminates those they served? Who is giving them the orders now? Scariest version; they are.

Ultrix, the Altessan Eviscerator, to Glitch -- FF00FF
Glitch to Ultrix -- 8000BF
Internal command processes

M.D.C.: 220

Ultrix | MDC: 500 | DMG: 6d6 | Nano-Regen: 2d6/hr | Electrical Discharge: 4d6, 0-200' range.


Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Glitch | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Oren Exe (PW GA) | Sam Animus (PWVR) | Venenifer (Atlantis) | Ronan (SS)
User avatar
Az Rael
Group Leader
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:34 pm

Re: The Spire

Post by Az Rael »

Az Rael wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:26 pm Perception Bonus: 58% vs 1d100: [66] = 66
JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2 and 1d100: [5] = 5
Glitch wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:31 am Glitch raises his own hand to match Alex's slowly, bringing it up in a small wave before looking at his own hand, then back to Alex and lowering it again. "Alex Drakos. I am Glitch. Full disclosure, I am what you would call an android, although I pass for an individual in an environmental suit. I expect discretion with this fact as my type are not welcomed everywhere." Glitch explains, pausing briefly while studying Alex. "I also would expect full disclosure from anything about you that might impact our work." Glitch states and studies Alex's response.

The corner of Alex's mouth turns up ever so slightly at the almost demand, very straight forward. He is at ease in his surroundings to open up so quickly about being an android. Alex nods in Glitch's direction. "Glitch is an ironic name, no?" Alex cocks his head slightly taking the machine in. He looks him up and down briefly, wondering, full sentience? He focusses directly on what would be the machines eyes and confidently says, "If," he starts with a pause, "there was anything that would impact our work together. You will know, when you need to know." He smiles and looks around the room, "After all, we aren't in the business of sharing deep dark secrets are we?" Turning back to Glitch he finishes, "I am looking forward to working with you. Your... existence, is interesting. I am sure how you came to be is an interesting story as well. I am sure we will have plenty of time to get to know each other." Alex offers a slight bow of his head.

Alex pulls back slightly, Not so bold, not so much. You have already given too much away. These are killers, you have worked with them before. They were your team, but not anymore. Maybe... They could be. Head down, do your job. Everyone is watching. Alex looks around the room again with a little nod to each person with the slightest of smiles on his face as he walks back to take his seat, Everyone. Alex sits back down and listens to the others.
P.P.E.: 99 / 99
I.S.P.: 47 / 47
H.P.: 34 / 34
S.D.C.: 82 / 82

Perception Bonus: 52%
+15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% dealing with Vampires/Undead, +5% Ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic
BA-26 EBA armor M.D.C: 90 / 90

Charm/Impress: 25%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 60%
Horror/Awe Factor: 12


Az Rael
User avatar
Glitch
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:00 pm

Re: The Spire

Post by Glitch »

[Rolls Held]
"Glitch is an ironic name, no?"
"By intention. I should not exist. According to who made me, I am a glitch." Glitch answers.
"If," he starts with a pause, "there was anything that would impact our work together. You will know, when you need to know." He smiles and looks around the room, "After all, we aren't in the business of sharing deep dark secrets are we?"
Glitch studies the man at this statement, his internal process working. Observation: He is concealing something dangerous. This organic is not to be trusted. Glitch observes.
"I am looking forward to working with you. Your... existence, is interesting. I am sure how you came to be is an interesting story as well. I am sure we will have plenty of time to get to know each other."
"I came to be through the hubris of organics. The name Glitch is my own ironic way of pointing that out." Glitch states. Pausing and allowing a techno-chirp to escape. "I expect we will become inseparable. Alex." Glitch finishes, allowing a slight nod, his voice filtering with a little more static when he says Alex.

"It is obvious you know our mutual associates. But not I. What is your... skillset?" Glitch asks.
What happens when a being designed to follow orders and programmed to kill eliminates those they served? Who is giving them the orders now? Scariest version; they are.

Ultrix, the Altessan Eviscerator, to Glitch -- FF00FF
Glitch to Ultrix -- 8000BF
Internal command processes

M.D.C.: 220

Ultrix | MDC: 500 | DMG: 6d6 | Nano-Regen: 2d6/hr | Electrical Discharge: 4d6, 0-200' range.


Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Glitch | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Oren Exe (PW GA) | Sam Animus (PWVR) | Venenifer (Atlantis) | Ronan (SS)
User avatar
Pertinax
Posts: 180
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:17 am

Re: The Spire

Post by Pertinax »

Perception (33%) 1d100: [96] = 96
JiC 1d20: [17] = 17 / 1d100: [71] = 71

Armor
Black boots
Blue pants
Blue and orange hooded jacket

Weapon
Ripper vibro-knife
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)

Before getting on the Rogue, Pertinax looks at the cylinder in Bryke's hand one last time. This does not feel much different than carrying out proxy missions for the Splugorth. You complete your mission, but in the end you do not what purpose it serves. Once on board, Pertinax takes of his EBA and settles into the co-pilot seat. The trip back to Phase World is short, but it is still enough time for Pertinax to brood on the nothingness of his life. You are running errands for a pompous alien deity. How is that different than what you were doing back on Vuulok? What do you have to show for your mutiny?

Consumed by his own thoughts, he barely acknowledges the humans waiting for the Rogues at the landing pad. Instead he just wonders if there isn't something bigger he should be doing with his life. Sure, he feels better about himself, and he is making peace with his many personal demons. But where is he going? Not in the literal sense, it barely registers with Pertinax that he is going to the Spire. While he knows that he is going to his boss's residence and that it is one of the most heavily guarded in all of Center, the splendor of it all (and the privilege it is to be in Level 1 let alone the Spire) is lost on the tarlok. He just coldly walks into Holt's office.
Holt wrote:"Please come on in, was the job completed?"
Glitch wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:31 am"Yes."
"The details would bore you," Pertinax adds. He stays silent for the rest of the short debriefing. Instead, he notices the young man already sitting in the office. You know him.
Holt wrote:"So Alex here has finished with whatever personal business he was on, and would like to rejoin. I'm not insinuating that he's in charge again, that's for you folks to hash out."
Pertinax cranes down his head down to stare directly at AZ Rael's eye level. His gills pulse open as he remembers the last time he saw the young Atlantean. Their base had been destroyed, and they were searching for the man who did it, and then things devolved. It lead to months of boozing along the Lower Levels with no direction and hovering as close to rock bottom as possible. "We have unfinished business from when you left."
Alex wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:26 pm"Still angry as ever?"
Pertinax extends his hand as well, clasping Alex by the forearm and giving him a hearty shake. "Only at the Raggedy Man that destroyed our base. Otherwise, I am working on it."
Last edited by Pertinax on Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pertinax
M.D.C.: 348 | P.P.E.: 11 | I.S.P.: 133
User avatar
Quince
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:56 pm
Location: Phase World GR

Re: The Spire

Post by Quince »

Percep 42%: 1d100: [65] = 65
JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19 1d100: [90] = 90

After being guided into Holt's office listens to Holt but keeps quiet as he thinks, Why would we have returned if we did not have the item in question. He waits for whoever has the case to place it where Holt indicated and gives a little closed mouth grin when Holt initiates the funds transfer.

Once Alex is introduced, Quince raises an eyebrow and looks over to the man, Be wary until he discloses his abilities. He could be yet another magic user. Ah, but that is why you are here, to keep the counsel at bay, for what Faustian would work with so many. He holds a closed mouth grin as Alex works his way around the room shaking appendages.

When Alex makes his way over to him, Quince places a hand across his torso and offers Alex a small bow, "Well met. My companion" he motions to Glitch, "and I just join up with the group before this latest mission." He raises a brow when the servant drone comes in with a platter of beverages and snacks. As the drone pass by him, Quince will extend a hand to the tray and then pause. His hand hovers there for a moment as if questioning the safety of the items being offered before he finally takes a meaty looking bit and one of the drinks.

He looks back at Alex and says, "Perhaps we should get back to the matter at hand and see if Holt has something else to say or any addition work for us." and motions to the man sitting behind the desk.
User avatar
Az Rael
Group Leader
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:34 pm

Re: The Spire

Post by Az Rael »

Az Rael wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:26 pm Perception Bonus: 58% vs 1d100: [66] = 66
JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2 and 1d100: [5] = 5
Pertinax wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:55 pm "We have unfinished business from when you left."

Pertinax extends his hand as well, clasping Alex by the forearm and giving him a hearty shake. "Only at the Raggedy Man that destroyed our base. Otherwise, I am working on it."


Alex smiles, "We do have unfinished business, and one day he will get what he deserves."

Glitch wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:05 am "By intention. I should not exist. According to who made me, I am a glitch." Glitch answers.

"I came to be through the hubris of organics. The name Glitch is my own ironic way of pointing that out." Glitch states. Pausing and allowing a techno-chirp to escape. "I expect we will become inseparable. Alex." Glitch finishes, allowing a slight nod, his voice filtering with a little more static when he says Alex.


Alex nods affirmatively, "Best of friends I'm sure. You seem like the no nonsense type. I can appreciate that. Anyone who can find humor in that fact that their existence was an accident understands the true meaning of life. Besides, how many of us really know for sure we weren't accidents?" Alex winks at the android wondering if it perceives inuendo like humans.

Quince wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:04 pm When Alex makes his way over to him, Quince places a hand across his torso and offers Alex a small bow, "Well met. My companion" he motions to Glitch, "and I just join up with the group before this latest mission."


Glitch wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:05 am"It is obvious you know our mutual associates. But not I. What is your... skillset?" Glitch asks.


Alex looks Quince over thinking to himself, They both seem new enough. We shall see what they bring to the table. With a short laugh Alex asks, Skillset? Shaking his head side to side he continues, "I guess a little of this and a little of that." Pausing briefly he again looks at the machine directly, "but, the gift, I have been given in life is helping creatures of all kinds become closer with their makers. I help them to find an everlasting peace and usher them to a place of great beauty and joy."

Quince wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:04 pmHe looks back at Alex and says, "Perhaps we should get back to the matter at hand and see if Holt has something else to say or any addition work for us." and motions to the man sitting behind the desk.


Alex pauses letting the creepy statement linger for a second then turn back to Quince, "So true, I am wasting Holts time." Turning back to their host he adds, "I let myself get carried away. My apologies. There will be plenty of time for reunion and discussion later."
P.P.E.: 99 / 99
I.S.P.: 47 / 47
H.P.: 34 / 34
S.D.C.: 82 / 82

Perception Bonus: 52%
+15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% dealing with Vampires/Undead, +5% Ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic
BA-26 EBA armor M.D.C: 90 / 90

Charm/Impress: 25%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 60%
Horror/Awe Factor: 12


Az Rael
User avatar
Mungo
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:55 am

Re: The Spire

Post by Mungo »

JiC 1d100: [84] = 84
JiC 1d20: [6] = 6
Perception vs 36% 1d100: [83] = 83
Conditions
P.P.E.: 91/186
M.D.C.: 33/33
Mage Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Armor of Ithan: 60/60 M.D.C. currently activated, 5 minutes 30 seconds remain.

Octoman Mage Armor, Enhanced
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50
Arms: 25 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 90
Weight: 22 lbs.
Modifiers: -5% to physical skills
Features:
TW Feature: Armor of Ithan, 60 M.D.C., 6 minutes, 10 P.P.E.

Post
Glitch wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:31 am"The need to sleep is arguably the greatest weakness of organics."
"Ha ha! Said like someone who has never woken up to the joy of morning wood. Do you really frame everything in terms of strengths and weaknesses? Like, why bother? And even if you do, is that a strength or a weakness?" Mungo asks with a laugh and them promptly leaves before Glitch can answer.
Holt wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:59 pm"Payment transferred. So what happened to the other team?"
"Thanks. Other team? They messed up, messed with the locals and are in local jail for breaking local laws. Hallistan is still roaming around though, he is not in local jail. His current location is unknown. I could sign you a song about it if you like?" Mungo replies as he looks around for snacks and drinks.
Az Rael wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:26 pm"Mungo, good to see you as well."
Mungo raises an eyebrow and look Alex up an down. He asks Alex one question. "Wanna make a blanket fort? I think you didn't make full use of the last one." Poor guy seemed preoccupied with something if I recall correctly.
Glitch wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:31 am Full disclosure, I am what you would call an android, although I pass for an individual in an environmental suit.
Mungo pauses his search for snacks.

"How do you know someone is a swinger, does cross fit, is an android, is vegan?" He asks the group. "They tell you the first chance they get! ba doom tish! But yeah, he is. Yet we love, respect and accept him even if he is superior to organics in every way."
Az Rael wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:03 pm "Besides, how many of us really know for sure we weren't accidents?"
"Me, I am the result of forced breeding. I rather it wasn't the case but it is what it is and here I am." He states while looking over snacks.
Pertinax wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:55 pm "Only at the Raggedy Man that destroyed our base. Otherwise, I am working on it."
"Now now sweetie, you've done a tremendous amount of personal growth in the last few months. What with that former Dog-Bull chap that you used to be the boss of. Hang on, I Don't think I have that right. Was it the other way around? Anyway, Pert-i-nax, has really put on his big boy pants and is becoming his own semi-psychopath. Rather than, you know, a full bore one owned by the so called Tarlok empire." Mungo resists patting Pert on the head, there a limits and he is well aware he may be pushing them.
Quince wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:04 pm "Perhaps we should get back to the matter at hand and see if Holt has something else to say or any addition work for us."
"Yeah, Holt do you have any work for us? You pay pretty well and I appreciate that about you." Mungo asks.
User avatar
Pertinax
Posts: 180
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:17 am

Re: The Spire

Post by Pertinax »

<Rolls carry>
Alex wrote:"We do have unfinished business, and one day he will get what he deserves."
Mungo wrote:"Now now sweetie, you've done a tremendous amount of personal growth in the last few months. What with that former Dog-Bull chap that you used to be the boss of. Hang on, I Don't think I have that right. Was it the other way around? Anyway, Pert-i-nax, has really put on his big boy pants and is becoming his own semi-psychopath. Rather than, you know, a full bore one owned by the so called Tarlok empire."
Pertinax whips his head back towards Mungo. He is not wrong. You are a more confident mercenary since you last saw 'Alex'. "Yes," the former dreadmaster replies to his teammate. "And I will continue my quest to self-actualization by destroying the homicidal maniac that blew up our team's base of operations."
Quince wrote:"Perhaps we should get back to the matter at hand and see if Holt has something else to say or any addition work for us."
Alex wrote:"So true, I am wasting Holts time. I let myself get carried away. My apologies. There will be plenty of time for reunion and discussion later."
Mungo wrote:"Yeah, Holt do you have any work for us? You pay pretty well and I appreciate that about you."
Pertinax turns his head back from Mungo to Holt. He makes many good points. We hardly have any money to show for our next mission.

"Yes, what is the next assignment our benefactor has for us?" Pertinax asks. "Would he like us to find out why some high level killer attacked his team? Or does he have a more pressing mission, like fetching his correspondence with an alien empire that was snuffed out centuries ago? Maybe he would like us to take his pet nkoli to the veterinarian to have an EBA part removed from its digestive track?"
Pertinax
M.D.C.: 348 | P.P.E.: 11 | I.S.P.: 133
User avatar
Bryke
Posts: 344
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:53 am
Contact:

Re: The Spire

Post by Bryke »

Perception: 54% +2% 1d100: [52] = 52
JiC d20/d100: 1d20: [10] = 10 / 1d100: [66] = 66

Conditions:

Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Doesn't breathe air and is immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and has eagle-like normal vision.
Sixth Sense
HF 10

Eager to get on to the next thing, Bryke remains silent when Glitch responds to Holt. “Dead?” I thought they were in prison... well that's as good as dead- unless the android is foreshadowing... can androids do that? Maybe Glitch is being practical, or succinct? Or some other number of reasons it could be- his name is “Glitch” after all. I won't bother the 'Tin Man' about it. Besides I need to get this armor cleaned and go find some spells for a few pressing ideas.

Having no place to store his armor, and the thought of having to pick it up again bare-handed, Bryke stands back behind the group.
My gear could use a shower... I am going to pop on over to the nearest- Holt can you point me to the nearest armor cleaning and repair place? Who knows what kind of viral or bacterial stowaways are on this thing.” Bryke says trying to disguise the disgust he feels. After all I can't even take baths anymore... disgusting... you wallow in filth- that filmy brown ring of detritus that hovers- bubbling- staring at you, floating as a reminder of your poor hygiene. Primitive. Yuck! And then most just get up and go... step right out and into the world... greeting people with their filth in a handshake.

About this time incidentally is when Alex goes to greet Bryke. The look he has under his helmet fits the situation perfectly, “I would give you a fist bump, old buddy, but their might be some shit on it. Not sure you would like that- just for my curiosity, are you a bath or a shower type of guy?” Bryke states, looking at his own armored fist and turning it over, wondering if Alex picks up on the fact that The Promethean has lost his old speech pattern.
OOC Comments
[OOC: Unfortunately... I don't recall why I stopped doing that... possibly because it got too difficult to write in that way.]
Bryke waits and listens. Anxious to move about 'his island'... his home... Center.
OOC Comments
Natural Abilities
Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 83%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Ley Line Phasing: Equal to the ley line walker ability.


PPE: 233/302
ISP: 145/185
SDC: 634/634 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP: 186/186

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:

Call Names/Nicknames:
Bryke, Wraith
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1706
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: The Spire

Post by Consumer »

Welcome to the Machine
Date Time Location Info wrote:Date: Day 63
Time: 1510 hours (10 minutes have pass by the end of this post)
Location: The Spire, Center, Phase World, Corkscrew Galaxy.
Weather: 31 degrees, Low winds, clear skies.
Mission Notes
Bryke: No Skills Used.
Pertinax: No Skills Used.
Mungo: No Skills Used.
Glitch: ID Undercover Agent (Is Alex who he says he is): No clue, no other information has been presented to work against his current identity.
Intelligence (Is Alex who he says he is; assess any marks, suspicious movements): Not having a whole lot of previous information to go on, likely he is what he says he is.
Ultrix: Lore: Galactic Aliens (What is Az Rael/identification) ”He appears to be an Atlantean, or a statuesque human.”
Quince: No Skills Used.
Holt listens to the mission rundown and as soon as it becomes two different stories, he looks from the various members. ”So are they dead, or just incarcerated?” Once someone clarifies, Holt looks at Glitch. ”Inaccuracy doesn’t suit you.” Holt says. ”No matter, I’ll get word to him I guess, and see what happened.” Holt says with a shrug.

Holt sits quietly as the Rogues banter among themselves, until Pertinax and Mungo asks Holt what the next job is. Holt shrugs. ”Thraxus is still incommunicado, so I don’t have anything in particular. Feel free to pursue your own goals I guess.” Holt says. Bryke asks if Holt knows of any nearby armorers, to which he shrugs. ”Levels two through four have tons of them.” Holt answers, obviously not looking to find the information for the Promethean.

”With that, I think we’re done for the day. I have a pile of paperwork to take care of. The servant will lead you back to the Rogue.” Holt says, and in his usual fashion teleports away. True to his word, the servant steps in and leads the Rogues back to the Transceiver pad, which deposits them back on the landing pad near the Rogue.

I’m giving the Rogues a month of down time to do as you see fit. This would be a good time to shop, make repairs, work on making contacts, etc. I will put up a Adventure poll in a day or two. ~Consumer

What are your Intentions?

Butcher’s Bill
Bryke: -40 I.S.P., -69 P.P.E., -1 use of Cosmic Armor, OP Field: 19/20 Uses
Pertinax: Loksuit Power Armor: Main Body: 82/115, -30 I.S.P. (Sidewinder Plasma Cannon -1 Shot)
Mungo: -81 P.P.E. (NE-6SL Revolver: -2 round)
Glitch: Force Field 94/110, (NE-75H: -4 shot)
Quince:Force Field 133/160, -2 I.S.P. (Phase Beamer: -3 Shot)
Captain Hallistan: Heavy Force Field: 97/150, (Plasma Pistol: -3 Shot)
Skiff:
The Rogue: 1 Token
The Ghost: 1 Token
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Glitch
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:00 pm

Re: The Spire

Post by Glitch »

Perception: 1d100: [29] = 29 /49%
JiC: 1d100: [69] = 69 / 1d20: [2] = 2

Passive (Always On) Conditions: Modulating Voice Synthesizer (Glitch maintains a human-like voice that sounds like it has a little static from a radio in it) | Sensory Antenna (10 ft) | Clock Calendar | Internal Juke Box [Glitch adjusts his profile to play internally | All tech-based sensory equipment is -10% to track him

Active (Toggle) Conditions [Cycles every 5 minute as a background process]: Explosives Detector (12ft radius) | Bug Detector (60ft radius) | External Video and Audio Surveillance (EVAS) | Radar Detector (80%) | Radiation Detector (60ft radius; identifies all forms of radiation and their level of harm to organic/synthetic matter) | Forcefield [110/110 MDC] | Motion Detector and Warning System

Active Programs [as of boarding the returning to Center]: Technical, Computers | Military Communications: Specialized | Military Rogue: Thief | Military Espionage: Undercover

Skill:
Intelligence: 1d100: [5] = 5 /90% (Decipher that Alex meant assassin/murdereer)

Post:

To Alex, Glitch nods. "We will continue this later." Glitch answers while running a background process deciphering his wordplay. Observation: This one speaks cryptically. Nothing is to be taken at face value. Analyzing speech pattern to determine what he meant. A liar. And an Atlantean, normally a race of honor. Interesting; will need to observe more. Glitch recognizes.
Holt wrote:”So are they dead, or just incarcerated?” ....
"Incarcerated for robbery. Dead. Same difference. They failed, and were caught; they are liabilities at best. But retrieve them if you must, the captain, at least, is competent." Glitch answers.
Holt wrote:”Inaccuracy doesn’t suit you.”
Glitch turns to look at Holt and the android's head tilts slightly, "What you perceive as inaccuracy is simply another example of the flaws of organic minds. I will be sure to provide you with every. Single. Detail. Going forward." Glitch states and moves on. Log: Holt will need to be terminated. He has far too much arrogance. Though, what Holt is remains unknown. Beginning background process for observation. Glitch mentally notes and begins building the partition to study Holt over time to learn what he is, his strengths and weaknesses. The android always breaks things down into binary values, a fact of his nature he can't escape yet.

When Holt is done, Glitch will nod and leave with the others, returning first to the Rogue before setting out on his own adventure into Phase World. He'll take a moment pull Quince to the side. "I plan to enlist a highly skilled programmer, also a robot mechanic if possible." He states simply to his friend.

And then will wait until the downtime thread before contact hunting
What happens when a being designed to follow orders and programmed to kill eliminates those they served? Who is giving them the orders now? Scariest version; they are.

Ultrix, the Altessan Eviscerator, to Glitch -- FF00FF
Glitch to Ultrix -- 8000BF
Internal command processes

M.D.C.: 220

Ultrix | MDC: 500 | DMG: 6d6 | Nano-Regen: 2d6/hr | Electrical Discharge: 4d6, 0-200' range.


Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Glitch | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Oren Exe (PW GA) | Sam Animus (PWVR) | Venenifer (Atlantis) | Ronan (SS)
User avatar
Pertinax
Posts: 180
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:17 am

Re: The Spire

Post by Pertinax »

Perception (33%) 1d100: [55] = 55
JiC 1d20: [5] = 5 / 1d100: [28] = 28

Armor
Black boots
Blue pants
Blue and orange hooded jacket

Weapon
Ripper vibro-knife
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)

Skill rolls
Streetwise (54%) 1d100: [39] = 39 - make friends
Intelligence (76%) 1d100: [16] = 16 - meet interesting people

Pertinax watches Glitch and Holt banter; it is all familiar to him from the Tarlok Military. Spurbulls make a point of keeping their lokdogs in check, and in response the lokdogs will puff their chest and act is if they can take their beleaguered superior. You used to challenge your superiors just like that. You still do. But this time Pertinax stays quiet, and is amused by how some things are universal. As the Tarlok military novelist Tolxty wrote 'all dysfunctional squadrons are alike; every happy squadron is happy for its own reasons.' And also, if they do engage in combat they will destroy each other. You will be the undisputed leader of the group.
Holt wrote:"Thraxus is still incommunicado, so I don’t have anything in particular. Feel free to pursue your own goals I guess."
Pertinax clicks his lower mandible in mild amusement. "Must be great to be promoted from field agent. You get to manage your own teams for the boss, make decisions... oh, no?"
Holt wrote:"With that, I think we’re done for the day. I have a pile of paperwork to take care of. The servant will lead you back to the Rogue."
"Fine. We can find ways to keep busy until you have work for us. We shall let you enjoy the luxuries of desk work. One day we might be lucky to live the life. Until then."

After being dropped back off at the ship, Pertinax heads down to Level 11. He walks into Croc's and sits at the bar. He looks around assessing the thin crowd of regulars there in the late afternoon. When the bartender comes over, he orders a pot of hot tea. The bartender gives him a curious look. "I can enjoy tea without looking for work," the tarlok replies annoyed.

When the tea arrives, Pertinax will apologize for being so snippy at first. Yes, make nice. Then you can use him to your own ends. He makes awkward idle chat with the bartender and any other regulars that sit at the bar. Of course, the dreadmaster has an agenda; he wants to meet black market smythers that can do make custom armor for a tarlok, he wants to know low level spies that are willing to exchange intel on life in the lower level for drinks and violent favors, and maybe even he wants to meet the type of people that can pay good money for very bad work.
Pertinax
M.D.C.: 348 | P.P.E.: 11 | I.S.P.: 133
User avatar
Mungo
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:55 am

Re: The Spire

Post by Mungo »

JiC 1d100: [31] = 31
JiC 1d20: [11] = 11
Perception vs 36% 1d100: [3] = 3
Conditions
P.P.E.: 91/186
M.D.C.: 33/33
Mage Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Armor of Ithan: 0/60 M.D.C. currently not activated

Octoman Mage Armor, Enhanced
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50
Arms: 25 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 90
Weight: 22 lbs.
Modifiers: -5% to physical skills
Features:
TW Feature: Armor of Ithan, 60 M.D.C., 6 minutes, 10 P.P.E.

Post
Holt wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:19 pm”Inaccuracy doesn’t suit you.”
Mungo does a poor job at stiffing a laugh at Holt's comment. Ha ah! Calling machine boi 'inaccurate' is gunna go down like a lead balloon'.

Glitch wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:05 pm "What you perceive as inaccuracy is simply another example of the flaws of organic minds. I will be sure to provide you with every. Single. Detail. Going forward."
"Oh Glitch don't be so peevish. We all make mistakes. It's how it is. So instead of letting it go or saying nothing or just a simple 'my bad'. You double down saying that 'dead' and 'in jail' are the same thing. They are not. You just make yourself look worse by insisting otherwise. Then you top it off you state that anyone that thinks different must have flawed minds. Not only inferior, but flawed and organic. Ew, how gross.

So in not time flat you make yourself look like a bit of an idiot, by being wrong. Then double down on the idiocy by trying to define two separate things as being the same, which makes it way worse. Then you go full bigot, which to be honest make me question your mental balance.

If all the only card you've got to play is 'I have a machine mind therefore I am better than you', you should consider to tone it down.

Never go full 'I'm better than you'. Audiences, and people in general, don't like it. They need a way in, a way to connect with your character. As it stands, may I suggest that you find a new card because well, Inaccuracy doesn’t suit you. It suits you very badly after you've really leaned into the machines are better than organics. Look, as my old master of theatircs used to say: 'Getting told that a character is better than you is a turn off. Realizing that a character is indeed superior by yourself is a turn on.'

Let people realize on their own, that you and your beautiful circuits are the very best of us, without shoving it down our throats."


After the meeting Mungo heads off to see what the Center's most avante-garde theatres are running.
User avatar
Quince
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:56 pm
Location: Phase World GR

Re: The Spire

Post by Quince »

Percep 42%: 1d100: [31] = 31
JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13 1d100: [79] = 79

Quince smiles his closed lip smile as his teammates begin their verbal assaults with Holt. Ah Pertinax, back handed compliments fit you so well.

Quince raises a brow as Glitch and Holt start up a banter about inaccuracy. Ha, I remember very little about this part of the mission. The malaise of the flight out to the planet and the ride out to the buried starship all seems to have blended together. Only when that fool cast a darkness spell on me did it seem to break up the monotony.

Mungo's entrance into the dialog of Glitch's inaccuracy cause both of Quince's brows to rise as he turns his head to listen to the poor being hop right onto Glitch's murder list with a splash.

Quince remains quiet as the insults and hostile banter are flung about and when Holt's servant escorts them to the Transceiver pad, he falls in line with the others as they are transported back to the Rogue's landing pad.

When Glitch speaks to him:
"I plan to enlist a highly skilled programmer, also a robot mechanic if possible."
Quince replies coolly, "Though my skills do not lie in either of those areas, I will gladly come with you to oversee what work you might have commissioned. If I'm understanding what you plan to do, it must be something like a being such as myself going for surgery."
Quince's face turns to an almost pained expression, "I have had a most uncomfortable idea. I'm going to ask the overly talkative Octoman to guide me in the purchase of some," he twists his head to the side slightly and exhales, "magical items."

If associating with these types of beings is supposed to push me further from Faustian society, then using magic myself... Well, I have never heard of any Faustian doing that. I'm also a bit curious. If Faustian susceptibility to magic is so high, what does that mean for its positive affects?

Quince's downtime plans are to aid Glitch and see if Mungo will help him find some magic items.
User avatar
Bryke
Posts: 344
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:53 am
Contact:

Re: The Spire

Post by Bryke »

Perception: 54% +2% 1d100: [21] = 21
JiC d20/d100: 1d20: [15] = 15 / 1d100: [18] = 18

Conditions:

Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Doesn't breathe air and is immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and has eagle-like normal vision.
Sixth Sense
HF 10

The soon to be savvy Techno-Wizard is used to Holt's ways. He wasn't always hospitable on the regular- in a fight though... one of him [Holt] seemed to be able to solve all problems.

He listens to the banter between the Android and Holt and then Mungo and Glitch. How did Holt know there was a difference? I don't recall either of us saying aloud one way or another... so when Glitch was the first to speak up- wow... the man seems to have some new tricks- or tricks I hadnt seen.

Thanks.” Bryke closes his eyes then says to Holt's after image once he already teleported away. I'm used to his style of hospitality, but doesnt mean I like it. I should have asked which place do YOU use to clean armor- he probably hasn't had to do that for a long while now though.

After, while on the ship, The Promethean puts all his heavy ordinance in his quarters only carrying his two side arm phase beamers Qlu'Bar [he goes nowhere without this] and forcefield, and says via the radio, “I'll be on Comms. Heading out to get some spells and blueprints from the tower if they got 'em. Any ideas for stuff to tinker-up let me know and I'll see what we [himself and the folks at the tower] can do.” He pauses his speech for a few to let anyone chime in if they wish to then continues, “And Mungo... you should play nicer with the android assassin killbot guy... unless you are trying to see his sentiments and if he can be trusted not to take one of us out- brilliant if that is the case- borderline mental if not. I don't see a sharp mind beating a sharp knife in the eye.

Bryke will head to the first level that Holt suggested to find a place to get his armor cleaned. He will watch and see how it is done and what machines are used so that he can eventually have his own mobile shop and do it himself. A bit of a germophobe The Promethean does not want to take anything off until he is cleaned first if he can help it.

After that he will head to The Tower for some chit chat and TW business. Phase Teleporting when appropriate. Still gotta keep a low profile as much as possible. Need to find who put the deathnote out on us - fuck Raggedy - who hired him is what we need to know. Wonder if it was Thraxxus- cleaning house?? Nah... if so we would probably never find out anyway. Either way though we need to find who wanted us out of the way. How we accomplish that? -chonundrum.

102% | 1d100: [37] = 37 , 1d100: [16] = 16 , 1d100: [62] = 62 , 1d100: [78] = 78 , 1d100: [23] = 23
OOC Comments
Natural Abilities
Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 83%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Ley Line Phasing: Equal to the ley line walker ability.


PPE: 233/302
ISP: 145/185
SDC: 634/634 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP: 186/186

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:

Call Names/Nicknames:
Bryke, Wraith
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1706
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: The Spire

Post by Consumer »

With the meeting finished, and the Rogues left to their own devices. They like many adventuring groups when not tied to a particular task spread to the four winds. Bryke and Pertinax make their way down to Level 13 for different reasons, while Mungo makes his way down to level four, where the most popular theaters are located. Quince and Glitch make their way down to at least level two to start looking for the things Glitch is seeking, though he likely could find them on other levels too, it's just a good place to start.

Pert, feel free to post in Croc's. Bryke, I will recreate the Tower for you. Mungo, I'll create a thread on level four, and Quince and Glitch the same, a thread for you two. The next four weeks or so (ie. the holiday break) are for you all to get things done, that PCs rarely have time for due to the fast paced nature of adventuring. Once the fourth week is over I will coalesce you all into a single thread to start the next adventure. I will try to update the individual posts more frequently than the normal group post to facilitate things, but at the very least I will post once a week as well. OOC you all should figure out the pay out for the job as the new folk are rather broke, then either IM or PM me the results and I'll make the necessary changes. New adventure starts on January 2nd. ~Consumer
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Az Rael
Group Leader
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:34 pm

Re: The Spire

Post by Az Rael »

Perception Bonus: 58% vs 1d100: [100] = 100
JIC: 1d20: [11] = 11 and 1d100: [42] = 42

Az Rael Will follow the group out of the office and proceed to follow Pert to Croc's bar. "Pertinax, you mind a tag along?" Az Rael follows the Tarlok thinking to himself, This should be a good opportunity to see what has gone down since I left.
P.P.E.: 99 / 99
I.S.P.: 47 / 47
H.P.: 34 / 34
S.D.C.: 82 / 82

Perception Bonus: 52%
+15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% dealing with Vampires/Undead, +5% Ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic
BA-26 EBA armor M.D.C: 90 / 90

Charm/Impress: 25%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 60%
Horror/Awe Factor: 12


Az Rael
User avatar
Pertinax
Posts: 180
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:17 am

Re: The Spire

Post by Pertinax »

Perception (33%) 1d100: [36] = 36
JiC 1d20: [11] = 11 / 1d100: [19] = 19

Armor
Talisman of Armor of Ithan (Inactive)*
Black boots
Blue pants
Blue and orange hooded jacket

Weapon
Ripper vibro-knife
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)
'Alex' wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:05 pm"Pertinax, you mind a tag along?"
Pertinax does glowers at his returned teammate. "Feh. I have personal business to attend to. If you need to go to the lower levels you may travel with me."

He slinks out of the Spire and on to the streets of Level 1. A tarlok is a large alien and does not simply disappear into a crowd. But with his hood pulled over his head, and his shoulders slouched over with the right amount of heft, Pertinax gives a professional yet threatening air of 'fux off'. Anyone watching the two of them on the street would assume that Pertinax and Az Rael are complete strangers the way the dreadmaster brushes off his companion. He is ingratiating himself to you in a bid to regain control of the Rogues. Show him no weakness!

Of course, Pertinax is arrogant enough to believe he can casually go about his day with a shadow and not fear a thing. And do a degree, he is correct. It's not like he's going to reveal any deep dark secret the Sunaj will be able to exploit, not that Pertinax is aware of that particular wrinkle in the plot. So he goes about with his day much as described in the last Pertinax post.

* I didn't this include this in his equipment in the last post, but in hindsight, he would have that as emergency armor.
Pertinax
M.D.C.: 348 | P.P.E.: 11 | I.S.P.: 133
Post Reply

Return to “Phase World: Center”