[GA] Time After Time, Part 2

The Anvil, Corkscrew, and Thundercloud galaxies.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
Posts: 640
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

[GA] Time After Time, Part 2

Post by Dark Lord »

Two voices. Both female, but distorted. Hard to make out, let alone recognize.
”**-ou mean, HERE?”
“In-***stem, maybe on *** net’s surface.

A scream, of frustration. The second voice, replying and clearly terrified, ”We ca-“
The first, again. ”***it the hard way. One by ***.”


The morning dawns early, an unremarkable event that nonetheless receives a wide range of responses. Kar, Metri, and Kaedras awaken relatively early, before 8AM, and have a couple of hours of down-time in which to inspect the ship, determine which areas the pirates plundered, and wonder where half the crew is. Maybe even have a light breakfast, though that carries its own risks. These risks are exemplified an hour later, when the party goers manage to drag their carcasses in. Meanwhile, Starchief sleeps late in the Commandant’s quarters, and awakens in the nude to a bemused Torrigan who has nearly finished suiting up. In an even but equally bemused tone, she says ”You like to sleep late- not that you didn’t earn it, I suppose.” She gives him a last, lingering kiss and says ”I have to get to a staff meeting. You can show yourself out- good luck with your test.” Then she is gone.

Juan, Icky, and Mara awaken in the bar, or partway back to the ship from it, feeling utterly dreadful. You are hungover- maybe even still intoxicated, and quite sleep deprived and it is no fun. Eventually, the sun wakes you up, adding a pain in your eyes to the stabbing in your brain (and possibly your liver). You manage to drag your sorry butts back to the Dime Store Magic, just in time for Icky to cast any “don’t even think about it” looks at anyone looking to violate the sanctity of his galley. An hour after your return, Starchief completes his walk of shame. The captain looks rumpled and tired, but in reasonably good spirits. With a rumbling stomach to remind him, no doubt Starchief’s metabolism will welcome any attempts at breakfast. Quan and his retinue are due to arrive around 11. Curiously, there is no sign whatsoever of Aoife.

What are you doing?
GM Instructions
  • Everyone, post a save vs. insanity. Normal bonuses apply, but if you did not die in the old thread then you are subject to a -8 penalty, if you did you get a +4 bonus.
  • If you fail your save, your character won’t remember anything starting with the morning scene in this post. It will take some persuasion or other effort to convince your character of what’s going on.
  • If you make your save, your character’s memories will gradually return over the course of the morning. First as vague flashes and senses of déjà vu, later (say, 12-1pm) as more complete memories. Over the course of the morning (within two hours of waking up), you'll vividly recall one snapshot of choice from the previous loop's events, while a more complete/coherent memory of what happened will emerge as you approach the time you previously entered the pocket dimension and used the water relic.
  • All equipment posts and character sheets (including the Dime Store Magic, group equipment, and insanities) revert to their state as of my above-linked GM post. Backup copies of everything are being stored in the GM forum and DSM can coordinate anything you want retrieved. If this method proves too cumbersome, let us know.
  • Icky, make one perception roll at -10%. If you succeed, you notice that your powered armor is missing before you eat breakfast.
  • Juan, Joan is still inaccessible.
The Morning After
The following penalties last until they are cured through rest or other means.
  • 1) Well rested: You got a good night’s sleep, no penalties (Kar/Metri/Kaedras). Kaedras, recover ISP for eight hours’ sleep (new total as discussed previously). You are awake by 8am.
    2) Sleepy: Tired and a little cranky- today is not going to be a good day, -5% to all skills and -1 to all combat rolls (Starchief). You are awake by 9am.
    3) Death: Never again, -10% to all skills, -3 on all combat rolls, -1 APM (Juan, Icky, Mara). You are awake by 9am, somehow.
Why kill a PC when you can torture their player?
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Kar Fallax
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon May 18, 2020 7:02 am

Re: [GA] Time After Time, Part 2

Post by Kar Fallax »

Save vs Insanity 1d20+4 = 13: 9
Perception: 1d100 = 43: 43 vs 24%
JIC: 1d20 = 12: 12 and 1d100 = 49: 49

Kar wakes in the morning refreshed and ready for the day. He looks around the ship for the others but only find Kaedras and Metri. "So it seems there are at least two wise members to this crew," he grumbles out quickly as a morning greeting. "Have the others not made it back? Or are they just sleeping" He doesn't wait for the answer and walks away. As he departs he pauses for a brief second, a feeling, has this happened before. Kar continues shrugging off the feeling as the crews familiarity with these types of events.

Kar goes about his morning training routine waiting for the rest of the crew to return, Even the captain?, he questions in between stretching and exercising. Each movement feeling strange and familiar. Kar is disturbed by the sense of re-experiencing his morning. These people are getting to me. All night parties, lack of discipline. Kar stiffens tighter, reluctant to allow this new crew to diminish his discipline and resolve.

When the team walks in he shakes his head with disappointment. Loudly he asks, "The earlier festivities where not enough? And the Captain condones this behavior?" Kar walks away, eyes tight and mouth scrunched, then pauses. The feeling growing unsettling he stops and turns to Juan, "Did you put something in my water last night?"

When Quan arrives Kar stands toward the back of the group listening intently. Well, at least we are able to move forward. Success is not the only tell or correct measures. This group is unorthodox. This can not translate well during battles. No control. No discipline. They clearly have no respect for the Captain. At the thought Kar harrumphs quietly.

Dark Lord wrote:”Then again, it looks like the worst has already paid some of you a visit. What the hell happened last night?”


The more appropriate question would be, what didn't happen? That may at least take less time to tell. Kar thinks to himself then returns, "It'll be worse today with that damned awful delirium on the way down." Wait. What delirium? Kar has a flash of himself floating in cloud hallucinating. He looks to Juan solidly convinced the godling has done something to him.

"This isn't funny Juan! What did you give me? Everything is, so." Kar is struck by a memory, metallic guardsmen ripping his armor from his body. He falls to his knees and screams, "No!" He is lost in the event now, pain enveloping his body as one kreeghor pulls his arms back opening his chest to the other. A tear falls from his eye as somehow he knows what is next, the second kreeghor plunges his hands into Kar's chest and pull his heart from the cavity.

Kar falls to the floor, panting and writhing. He looks up at the team standing around him. Out of breath and obviously distraught he says simply and quietly, "Something is not right." Kar works to get himself standing again, he straightens himself out, "I think. I think I die today."
Last edited by Kar Fallax on Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar
Metri
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 273
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)
Contact:

Re: [GA] Time After Time, Part 2

Post by Metri »

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d100 = 13: 13 | 39%
JIC: 1d20 = 6: 6| 1d100 = 20: 20%
Save vs insanity (-8+1=-7): 1d20-7 = 13: 20
-----------------------------------
[ooc=Constant Abilities]Character Sheet
  • Radiate their Nature. Psychics: 100ft. Non-psychics: 12 ft.
  • Sense Supernatural Evil and Magical Energy (3rd eye). 800ft (no-magic). 1800ft (if magic used).
    • Base (detect & ID creature): 1d100 = 93: 93 | 84%.
    • Track by psychic scent: 1d100 = 61: 61 | 90%.
  • Sense Supernatural Evil (mystic). 450ft. 1d100 = 65: 65 | 94%.
  • Sense Life. 300ft.
[/ooc][ooc=Status]PPE: 159/159
ISP: 260/260
Psionic Crystal Armor MDC: 35/35 (Psi-FF(4/4): 70/70)
MDC: 72/72
MTB1_PPE: 180/180
MTB2_PPE: 180/180
MTB3_PPE: 180/180[/ooc][ooc=Saving Throw Bonuses]+1 to all Saving Throws (via rune weapon Skorl)
Coma/Death: +4%
Magic (varies): +1
Lethal Poison (14+): +1
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +1
Insanity (12+): +1
Psionics (10+): +1 (+2 Crystal Armor FF)
+7 vs Possession
+2 vs Despair
+2 vs Horror Factor
+2 vs Illusions
+1 vs Poison and Disease[/ooc][ooc=Activated Psionics/Magic]
    [/ooc]
    He stretches, working out the minor knots in his muscles, then decides to get himself a snack. Metri leaves his quarters and pads down the hall to the galley, grabs a protein bar from the communal area not part of the "Icky-only" restricted zone.

    The Yhabbayar stumbles across one of the other early risers, Kar, on his way back. Somewhat taken aback, Metri is unable to speak, his mouth fully occupied with the protein bar. Instead, he gives the Guardsman a tridactyl wave of greeting, letting the wrapper crinkle in the recycled air.
    Kar wrote:"Have the others not made it back? Or are they just sleeping"
    Metri finishes chewing and swallowing before speaking to the now departing Thropo, "Visibly absent from their quarters. Found an evening of wanton experience, they have, hmm?". Metri smiles at the energy (and recklessness) of youth before padding back to his room, the snack doing a perfectly adequate job breaking his fast.

    Upon returning to his room, Metri will don his crystal armor, grab his walking stave and head to the cockpit where he will monitor the exterior cameras for when his crewmates return. Not one to judge how disheveled they are, Metri will simply help them into the DSM and toward their quarters if they wish it. The Yhabbayar will repeat this process as often as necessary, asking them lightly for tidbits of what transgressed the evening before if they seem willing (or able) to share.

    Later in the morning, when he spots Quan and his retinue's arrival, Metri will relay the information over comms and go out to welcome the Uteni. "Welcome. Please." Metri gestures graciously escorting him inside.

    Quan's news is received by Metri with a mixture of excitement and concern. We will indeed need to be ready if we are to test the water relic today.

    Approaching Kaedras, Metri will try to offer whatever assistance he can, "A momentus and perilous day. Prepared you are? Further assistance, can I provide, hmm?" If a request is made, Metri will try to lend a hand. If he is given the all-clear, the Yhabbayar will go tend to his own preparations, making sure that he is equipped for the unexpected... kitted out for combat and exploration.

    Upon finishing his preparations, Metri stands alone a moment, staring at his tridactyl hands curiously. Then the moment passes.

    Something nags in the back of his mind. An itch that he simply can't scratch. And Metri respectfully declines to join in the journey to witness Kaedras' bonding with the water relic. Instead, he decides to remain on the Dime Store Magic.
    User avatar
    Juan Echo
    Posts: 187
    Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

    Re: [GA] Time After Time, Part 2

    Post by Juan Echo »

    Perception (27%): 1d100 = 97: 97
    JiC: 1d20 = 6: 6/ 1d100 = 56: 56
    Save vs. Insanity: 1d20+5 = 15: 10

    Juan Echo's head has been separated from his body! No, wait, that's just a Seljuk's elbow on his neck cutting circulation. The Wandering God jolts awake, knocking over a wulfen that is draped over him like a blanket. The pirates sleeping their burgeoning hangovers off on the bar's floor mumble the Wanderer's name in vain as he stumbles his way to the door. Juan is reeling from the previous night's adventure, and he can feel the pain throbbing from his and and through his body.

    Hey Joni, this might be the worst hangover I've had in a long time. Silence. Did it transfer over and hit you too? Still silence. Is something wrong on Yaya? It is then that Juan realizes that the psychic link with his sister has been severed. The ties between siblings in the Yayamama Pantheon are the foundations of their very being. Without Joan, Juan is lost.

    He stumbles back to the Dime Store Magic behind Icky and Mara. He keeps to himself, going over the previous night's events, hoping to pinpoint when Joan disappeared. He wonders what could be powerful enough to disrupt his link to her. He feels a plasma cannister full of moonshine in his pocket; it wasn't the drinks that did this. The ley line storm... something dangerous in space... blinding pain... hangover... The sun blinds him and renders the rest of the morning incoherent. Somehow, Juan makes it to the galley and manages to pour himself a large mug of coffee. And a second. The caffeine does not make up for Joan's loss, it lacks her biting wit. He closes his eyes and takes a long sip from his third cup.
    Urqos Kar wrote:"The earlier festivities where not enough? And the Captain condones this behavior?"
    Juan opens his eyes. "It is not for Urqos to condone the behavior of a God. And I don't want to talk about last night. Those were special circumstances, even for me."
    Urqos Kar wrote:"Did you put something in my water last night?"
    Juan looks annoyed. "Of course not. I would never do something like that; I'm not Zeus."

    He knocks back the last of his coffee and then gets up. He walks by Metri and then stops. If anyone "Little urqos, I need your help. When I woke up this morning, I felt like the bond I share with my sister had been disrupted. I don't hear her voice. Can you psionically scan me and see if you can sense her?"

    After talking with Metri, Juan goes back to his quarters to rest a little before Quan arrives. He wakes up a little before 11, and instinctively puts on his EBA. He grabs his magical clubs and puts them in the leg compartment of his armor, then reaches for the grenade launcher. He stops and remembers that they can dodge grenades. That begs the question, who is he arming for? He decides to grab the V-8q, not sure why.

    He gives Quan a polite nod, but otherwise doesn't pay attention to the chatter. At least until Kar speaks up.
    Urqos Kar wrote:"This isn't funny Juan! What did you give me? Everything is, so."
    "Again? I didn't spike your water. Stop acting so paranoid. It's been a weird morning without the hangover. And stop staring at me like I am trying to drug you. You were giving me that same look yesterday... when we were at... the..." The ruins? He stops himself. This is not déjà vu, it is something else.

    Then Kar falls to the ground and has a panic attack. Juan instinctively rushes over and offers his arm to help the Thropo up. He listens to what Kar says and nods. "In the ruins. We were there and it began." He looks at Quan, and then around the ship. It's not net yet noon. They are going to the ruins now. "It will begin in the ruins again."
    Status: Juan Echo
    M.D.C.: 300/300
    P.P.E.: 50/50
    I.S.P.: 76/76

    May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
    User avatar
    Kaedras Starfall
    Posts: 91
    Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:47 pm

    Re: [GA] Time After Time, Part 2

    Post by Kaedras Starfall »

    Perception 45% 1d100 = 1: 1 (CRIT. SUCCESS)

    JIC: 1d20 = 2: 2
    1d100 = 49: 49

    Save vs. Insanity: 1d20-6 = 4: 10

    Kaedras awakes as he typically does - one moment restfully sleeping, the next, eyes open, hop out of bed - fully rested. Not yet knowing what the day has in store, Kaedras suits up in his armor, as Aldón watches him curiously.

    "Good boy, Aldón. Would you like to come with me today?"

    Aldón gets to his feet, and begins following Kaedras, as he takes a walk around the decks of the Dime Store Magic. Where possible, he will stop to clean up debris, shaking his head quietly. Juan... what did you do this time? As the others come drifting back from their night(s) of revelry, Kaedras looks at the obviously drunk members with a small measure of pity. He says nothing.

    Starchief, however, gets a slight knowing smile and a pat on the back.

    [hr][/hr]

    When Quan arrives and tells the Adventurers they now have permission to delve the pyramid, Kaedras asks "Will you be joining us, captain Quan? You are still in possession of the Fire Relic, are you not? Has there been much change to the interior of the pyramid? When you entered the first time there was a stair and catwalk system that descended to the floor, and a device which opened a portal - which required phase powers, I believe, to activate. Sir Oradro activated it, I believe, but he is no longer with us."

    Whatever the answer, Kaedras re-enters the DSM to retrieve the remainder of his adventuring gear - his vaunted bow and two of his quivers, as well as his new sidearm. Together with Aldón he descends the ramp, ready to deploy to the site he has read about but never seen.

    Let us test the power of this water relic...

    Drawing Starchief aside as they descend, he notes. "Master Starchief, I should point out that after Captain Quan successfully used the fire relic in this facility, it detached from him and was unusable until he was able to recharge it's psychic energy. If the enemy know this... I would expect difficulty immediately after we use the water relic, as they may seize the opportunity to try to take it."

    As they approach, he fastens his helmet onto his head.
    Kaedras Starfall
    I.S.P.: 178/178
    M.D.C.: 37/37

    Psionic Crystal Armor
    M.D.C. by Location:
    Arms: 15 each
    Legs: 22 each
    Main Body: 35
    Psionic Force Field: 70/70 (Can be used 4 times per 24 hour period without I.S.P. cost to user)
    User avatar
    Draggor
    Posts: 13
    Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:07 pm

    Re: [GA] Time After Time, Part 2

    Post by Draggor »

    Perception: 1d100 = 74: 74 | 21%
    Prowl: 1d100 = 74: 74 | 65% (Trying to not be noticed while poking around and following the three)
    JIC: 1d20 = 10: 10 | 1d100 = 21: 21

    Draggor, upon regaining consciousness, is quick to look around, unsure of how much time has passed, and glad that eyes aren't immediately spying on what might be an otherworldly looking being. Items seemed to make it through the portal just fine, which helps with not standing out so much anyway: the camouflage armor is quickly activated. There are some buildings around, and a dark passageway leading underground behind. A delicate stroll is taken to at least get a better look at where it goes, before gradually checking out some of these buildings.

    Quietly poking around doesn't last long, however, as three beings emerge from the largest of the nearby buildings, thankfully still not noticing the new visitor to this world, and since they're the only active ones (the others inside that building are sleeping), might as well give a follow, trying not to be noticed. Distance certainly is kept, and quiet is attempted, though still shaken from such a rough journey a few under the breath words fall out.

    What happened with that rift? Of course just jumping isn't pleasant, but being pulled? "Ripped apart." Almost ripped apart. Why? How? "Landed on a planet." Luck happens in strange ways. We remember this time. "We remember."

    A ship! Well, this is better than being stranded on a world for who-knows-how-long until some plucky explorer or adventurer shows up (or worse, the Splugorth). The three are observed boarding it, and upon noting that the ramp isn't being immediately raised, the monster figures there's some time to scope out this ship, and at least eyeball some capabilities. It sure can defend itself. Stolen maybe? Can't be, too casual. Shore leave? Very trusting. At least three circles are made around the ship. They can't be that bad, can they? Can't sit still. Can't ever sit still.

    One foot after another and the beast is making way up the ramp while disabling the cloak effect, and removing the helmet. Hands sure to be visible, and weapons, while on the person, are carried in a non-threatening manner. Well, the D10 is technically easily accessible, but what side piece isn't? Bets on reactions? They're already varied shapes and sizes. Doing their best to note as many details as possible while keeping an eye out for any other beings, Draggor continues into the ship, trying to decide on which question to ask first.

    Where did you get this ship? Is the bar worth visiting? Splugorth are far away, yes? The list goes on, but whoever is run into first, the most obvious question falls out first:

    "Where are we? Oh, I didn't knock, sorry." The accent is strange, thick, but in a way that implies several different ones coming together.
    Draggor
    M.D.C.: 1,349 / 1,349
    P.P.E.: 89 / 89
    User avatar
    Chef Icky
    Diamond Level Patron
    Diamond Level Patron
    Posts: 355
    Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
    Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers
    Contact:

    Re: [GA] Time After Time, Part 2

    Post by Chef Icky »

    Perception: EP CRIT/55%
    JIC: 1d20 = 13: 13/ 1d100 = 40: 40
    Save vs. insanity -- EP CRIT
    [ooc]I debated these EP crits for a while, but ultimately Icky remembering about the curse being lifted and noticing that his armor's gone seemed just too important to leave to a dice roll. At least, not this time around anyway. So apologies for crinkling anyone's noses here.[/ooc]


    Surrounded.

    Well Sarge, at least we snuff it whole and pure.

    What's that light?

    LIGHT!!!!!!
    לאַנטערן ליכט!!!!!!


    Icky wakes up with a sudden snort. "What da Hades Twelve...?" He looks up sees and notices a small sphere of light materialize in the air about 10 feet away. After a moment or two he realizes that he can move the sphere around just by thinking about it. He shakes his head and regrets it almost immediately. "Feetal's Gizz, what was in dat stuff anyhoo?" he moans as he grabs his head and tries to rub away the dull throb behind his eyes. "Ain't woke up after a drinkin' binge like dis since 'fore shippin' out fer boot camp... must be what Big D was talkin' 'bout when he said he 'tweaked' me tolerances when I offered up that keg of Dragonfire Ale. Oi thanks, boss..." he moans some more. "Ya could at least made it so I wouldn't have such fraggin' strange dreams. Waitaminnit..."

    For a moment he forgets his headache as he tries to put together the jumbled flashes in his hungover brain. He remembers just a few bits -- his armor's curse got lifted, they went down into some freakshow buried bunker, a lot of pain/blood, and waking up in this particular bar once before.

    "Deja vu," he mutters to nobody. "Or at least, whatever da humies call it."

    No, a voice in the back of his throbbing head replies. Worse than that. Something bad's gonna happen. Icky's not sure if that voice is his, someone else's, or just a figment of his hungover imagination. Regardless, the more Icky tries to put the pieces together the more he doesn't like the picture they're making. Dionysus protect us if I'm right...

    He gunts as he pulls himself up from where he had slept slumped over on a table (sending numerous assorted beverage containers clattering to the floor) and stumbles over to where Juan and Mara are similarly passed out. "C'mon, ya mugs, let's get back to da Magic. I gotta bad feelin' an' I don't reckon it's 'cause dey watered down da booze."

    As the trio stumble their way back to the ship his mind is less in the here-and-now and more on his dream -- no, not a dream. Don't know what it was, but it wasn't just a dream -- from last night as well as the sphere of light that's now following along behind him. That looks like a light spell. Almost like I cast it myself. Of course -- I'm a priest now, right? Big D made it official. Priests can cast spells, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that I can too. Wait -- did I cast some magic nets too? Feels like I have. Oh well, I'll worry about that later.

    Once they arrive his first goal is to check on his armor. "Cut off me arse an' call it rump roast..." he growls when he finds it not there. "Oi, Datephus? Ya got any record o' me armor gettin' carried off by one o' Red's new friends yesterday?" He pauses. "Or it walkin' off by itself?"

    Once he has his answer he rubs his head and stomps off to the galley. "Oi, dis is way crazier dan an outhouse skeever. Gonna need some caff ta wrap me brain 'round it." He sets a pot of coffee to brew while he ducks back into his room and makes sure his armor isn't by chance in there before taking a quick shower and changing out into some clean fatigues before returning to the galley to whip up some breakfast.
    Juan Echo wrote:
    Urqos Kar wrote:"The earlier festivities where not enough? And the Captain condones this behavior?"
    Juan opens his eyes. "It is not for Urqos to condone the behavior of a God. And I don't want to talk about last night. Those were special circumstances, even for me."
    Oh geez, Ironcob's on a tear... Icky holds up a hand to Juan. "Now jus' simmer down, Red. Kid's still fresh outta da Guard an' I'm sure da lifestyle o' mercs an' adventurers is gorram frustratin' ta someone dat's used ta--" he stops himself in mid-sentence. "Oi, waitaminnit." He looks from Juan to Kar and back again with a confused expression. "Either one o' ya gettin' da feelin' we've had dis conversation before?"
    Juan Echo wrote:
    Urqos Kar wrote:"This isn't funny Juan! What did you give me? Everything is, so."
    "Again? I didn't spike your water. Stop acting so paranoid. It's been a weird morning without the hangover. And stop staring at me like I am trying to drug you. You were giving me that same look yesterday... when we were at... the..."
    Kar Fallax wrote:Kar falls to the floor, panting and writhing. He looks up at the team standing around him. Out of breath and obviously distraught he says simply and quietly, "Something is not right." Kar works to get himself standing again, he straightens himself out, "I think. I think I die today."
    Juan Echo wrote:Then Kar falls to the ground and has a panic attack. Juan instinctively rushes over and offers his arm to help the Thropo up. He listens to what Kar says and nods. "In the ruins. We were there and it began." He looks at Quan, and then around the ship. It's not net yet noon. They are going to the ruins now. "It will begin in the ruins again."
    Icky almost drops his coffee cup and rushes over to help Juan help Kar up. "Oi yah, I think yer right..." his face turns ashen. "Dat tears it. I dunno what's goin' on, but we can't all have dreamed da same dream. We're gonna set somethin' off an' all da hells are gonna break loose. I remember blood an' pain 'fore a bright light, den wakin' up in da bar. What do ya guys remember?"
    Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

    Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!

    ------------------------------

    - Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
    - Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
    - Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
    - Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
    User avatar
    Starchief
    Group Leader
    Posts: 482
    Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
    Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)
    Contact:

    Re: [GA] Time After Time, Part 2

    Post by Starchief »

    Perception: 1d100 = 51: 51/57%
    JIC: 1d20 = 18: 18/ 1d100 = 58: 58

    Save vs Insanity: 1d20+1 = 5: 4

    [ooc=Conditions]2) Sleepy: Tired and a little cranky- today is not going to be a good day, -5% to all skills and -1 to all combat rolls (Starchief).[/ooc]
    Dark Lord wrote:Meanwhile, Starchief sleeps late in the Commandant’s quarters, and awakens in the nude to a bemused Torrigan who has nearly finished suiting up. In an even but equally bemused tone, she says ”You like to sleep late- not that you didn’t earn it, I suppose.” She gives him a last, lingering kiss and says ”I have to get to a staff meeting. You can show yourself out- good luck with your test.” Then she is gone.
    Slowly turning himself over in the bed, Starchief opens his eyes to Torrigan's donning of clothing that reveals nothing. But he knows what lie under her garments and what kind of trouble she is. He kisses her back and then plops back into bed as she leaves. "Holy d'rast that woman. Am I... is this what being tired feels like? Ugh."

    As he makes his way in, he sees Kaedras and gets a nod from him. Starchief just says "She said yes. To the test." He then waits for Icky to make some food and will eat whatever is put in front of him. "Lots of caff please."
    Dark Lord wrote:”Well, it seems like you guys have made some friends. Torrigan and Drax’ikl both are on board with our test. We can head down there whenever you’re ready, but I’d suggest you be ready for the worst.” He squints and looks at some of you harder, ”Then again, it looks like the worst has already paid some of you a visit. What the hell happened last night?”
    "Dinner with Torrigan went on... longer than expected. But by the end I was able to...convince her to... *yawwwwnnnn*... to see our side of things."
    Kaedras Starfall wrote:"Master Starchief, I should point out that after Captain Quan successfully used the fire relic in this facility, it detached from him and was unusable until he was able to recharge it's psychic energy. If the enemy know this... I would expect difficulty immediately after we use the water relic, as they may seize the opportunity to try to take it."
    "Kaedras... I don't know if we have any potential enemies planetside. You spaceraced with pirates and I slept with a military leader. I think it's safe to say that everyone here likes us. But, bring your bow just in case."

    Starchief himself gets kitted out in his NE BA-55 in Red and Blue. He brings Champion along with. As soon as he picks up Champion, he thinks Not today, please. I'm too tired for this.
    I wasn't going to say a thing, Starman.
    Starchief.
    Oh? After last night, I thought it was Starwhore? You just sleeping your way to galactic justice now?
    ...Yeah. That's what I'm doing.
    Well at least you admit it. You should be ashamed of yourself. You know I can sense you four miles away, right? Some of the things you did... Where did you even learn that?!
    Starchief
    Andra "Starchief" Sekona
    the Shield of Seeron

    MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

    Saving Throw Bonuses:
    Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
    Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
    Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


    Image
    Ledger
    User avatar
    Dark Lord
    Dimension Master
    Posts: 640
    Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
    Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

    Re: [GA] Time After Time, Part 2

    Post by Dark Lord »

    While the morning unfolds in a familiar fashion, Metri is the first one to notice something is amiss. Nothing specific, just a nagging sensation of familiarity as he putters about the ship, and for some reason the image of a ley line nexus keeps springing into his mind. It would be annoying if it weren’t so disconcerting- something is wrong. Unbeknownst to the Yhabbayar, a similar feeling is nagging at Kar, but his is nestled firmly in the limbic system. No visuals, but the first whiff of the morning’s coffee (or other stimulant) sets his heart a-racing, and as the morning drags on Kar finds his anxiety spiking for no apparent reason. It’s like a constant adrenaline rush- activation of the primordial fight-or-flight response. By the time the group from the bar drags themselves back on board, Kar is feeling momentary phantom pain on a random part of one of his limbs every 20 minutes or so. It does feel a little like a bad trip- no naturally Kar’s thoughts turn to Juan. Kaedras, meanwhile, spots early that morning that Icky’s powered armor has vanished from its alcove. The elf is about to mention it to the Minotaur when Icky beats him to the punch.
    Chef Icky wrote:"Oi, Datephus? Ya got any record o' me armor gettin' carried off by one o' Red's new friends yesterday?"
    ”NEGATIVE, CREWMEMBER DESIGNATE: CHEF ICKY.” Any follow-up will reveal that in fact the pirates gave Icky’s armor a very wide berth.
    Chef Icky wrote:"Or it walkin' off by itself?"
    ”AFFIRMATIVE, CREWMEMBER DESIGNATE: CHEF ICKY. INTERNAL SENSORS SHOW YOUR CORRUPTED WARLOCK ARMOR EXITING THE DIME STORE MAGIC at 0612 HOURS THIS MORNING WITHOUT A PILOT. MY APOLOGIES; I HAD ASSUMED THAT YOU HAD ACTIVATED SOME SORT OF REMOTE PILOTING MECHANISM.”[/quote]

    Growling, Icky pads off to search his quarters (unsuccessfully) before getting ready to face the day. As he goes through his morning ablutions, the minotaur struggles to separate his memories from alcoholic aftereffects. It’s made all the more difficult because both are associated with immense pain. Elsewhere on the ship, conversation largely flows along familiar beds, save for Juan’s increasing agitation over the lack of his connection to his sister, prompting Juan to seek Metri’s aid. Try whatever means he might, though, the party’s healer can detect nothing wrong with Juan aside from a godling-sized hangover. Should Metri make any efforts in that regard, the visual flashes from his memory will begin to become more insistent. Another instance of laying hands on Juan, but to protect rather than to heal. A last look back, as Juan and most of the others rush off while you fly away… Towards the nexus. The feeling that something bad is going to happen is much stronger now, and it places the earlier images of the ley line nexus in context. Metri is beginning to think that it would be a very good idea if he stayed on the ship.

    By this point, Kar has had enough- he feels like he’s on the verge of having a panic attack. Preposterous! He seeks out Juan, who is talking to Metri in the galley as Icky emerges to whip up some breakfast as quickly as possible. There, Kar confronts the Godling, who denies having slipped the Thropo anything. Another anxiety spike. Kar can feel his pulse in his eardrums, hard and fast. All at once, the pain is everywhere and the ex-guardsman doubles over in agony. Even as you rush to Kar’s aid, the pain subsides. But in its place, Kar has a crystal-clear memory that does not make any sense- his own death. This unearths something similar in Juan’s mind- death, but something more. A beginning, at the ruined excavation site. Icky, who has been struggling with the possibility that he dreamed the whole thing all morning, chimes in with his agreement. At Juan’s revelation, Metri will likewise realize that in his memories, he and Kaedras were fleeing the excavation site, for the nexus. With mounting horror, Metri realizes that in his memory, the rest of the team is rushing to their deaths. It has happened. It will happen.

    Kaedras has no memory of the prior events, and will need to be convinced through dialogue (alternatively, certain psionic powers will expedite the process). Meanwhile, Starchief has finished getting dressed and is starting his walk of shame, blissfully unaware of it all. Speaking of blissfully unaware, an alien being with no idea of who any of you are or how it got here has touched down nearby. Draggor initially wakes up outside the bar, and takes his sweet time getting the lay of the land. Ramshackle encampment, either lightly guarded or Draggor emerged inside their defensive perimeter. It must be early in the day- most of the inhabitants look unconscious. After quite the fun night, from the looks of things. Not wishing to disturb anyone, Draggor turns on his armor’s camouflage and begins moving about the camp, surveying his surroundings and getting a sense of the other locals. Eventually, some of the patrons inside the bar wake up, painfully put themselves together, and make for the largest ship parked at the spaceport. As good a starting point as any.

    Draggor follows along, noisily stumbling once. Fortunately, his targets are too impaired to notice. Eventually they enter the ship through its extended ramp. Draggor takes the opportunity to gather a little more intel, and notices the ship’s armaments warily. Still, one can only glean so much from passive observation, and nobody else in this section of camp appears to be awake yet. Deactivating his stealth system and removing his helmet, Draggor carefully and deliberately steps foot up the ramp, one by one. The ramp opens into a cargo bay that is largely empty. Draggor can hear voices coming from within the ship, but not make out what they’re saying. He leans in and calls out, not wanting to trespass too far into the ship. And is promptly startled when a mechanical voice comes on the loudspeaker (and in the galley).

    ”INTRUDER ALERT IN THE CARGO BAY! IDENTIFY YOURSELF!”

    You all have an opportunity for fun first reactions and introductions. About 5-10 minutes after Draggor first sets foot on the ship (time ~10:00), Starchief will return as well (seeing Draggor if he’s still in the cargo bay). Then, you will have to decide what you want to do. Quan will be arriving one hour after Starchief’s return (~11:00).

    What are you doing?
    Why kill a PC when you can torture their player?
    ImageImageImageImage
    User avatar
    Mara
    Posts: 67
    Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:25 pm

    Re: [GA] Time After Time, Part 2

    Post by Mara »

    Perception: 1d100 = 26: 26 / 65% (95% when dealing with vampires or undead)
    JiC: 1d20 = 12: 12 1d100 = 30: 30

    Insanity Save: 1d20+15 = 24: 9

    Conditions
    Death: Never again, -10% to all skills, -3 on all combat rolls, -1 APM (Juan, Icky, Mara). You are awake by 9am, somehow.

    Mara sits down to have breakfast and tries to ignore her throbbing head and the flashbacks she is having, What in the Abyss, I should have went to bed. What got slipped into those drinks? Must have been toxic? I know better than to party with idiot pirates. When Kar and Juan start to go out it, she starts to respond and then holds off, Juan is still an idiot, but something is not right, not right at all. This seems familiar.
    Kar Fallax wrote: Out of breath and obviously distraught he says simply and quietly, "Something is not right." Kar works to get himself standing again, he straightens himself out, "I think. I think I die today."
    She then has a flash of herself fighting creatures, familiar creatures. What . . . Familiar like the ones they fought on Starburst's Homeworld. Then of herself being cutdown by those same creatures. "No . . .!" She shakes her head, but that causes her pain. "Something is wrong, very wrong. Juan, don't play around? Did you or any of your pirate friends slip us anything?"
    Chef Icky wrote: Icky almost drops his coffee cup and rushes over to help Juan help Kar up. "Oi yah, I think yer right..." his face turns ashen. "Dat tears it. I dunno what's goin' on, but we can't all have dreamed da same dream. We're gonna set somethin' off an' all da hells are gonna break loose. I remember blood an' pain 'fore a bright light, den wakin' up in da bar. What do ya guys remember?"
    She looks at Icky, "Just my Death! My death at the hands of those monsters we fought at Starburst's Homeworld."
    Dark Lord wrote:”INTRUDER ALERT IN THE CARGO BAY! IDENTIFY YOURSELF!”
    Mara stands slowly when she hears the alarm, She looks at Juan, "More friends?"
    Mara Archerean

    PPE: 198 / 288
    ISP: 75 / 85
    MDC: 381/381
    H.F.: 14
    Heart in Chains Tattoo: 450/450 MDC(inactive)

    Constant: Sixth Sense

    Soundtrack:
    ''Zombie'' by Damned Anthem
    Evanescence - Bring Me To Life (Ghost in the Machine Remix)
    Adele vs. Linkin Park - Set Fire To The End
    Tomorrow We Fight
    User avatar
    Kaedras Starfall
    Posts: 91
    Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:47 pm

    Re: [GA] Time After Time, Part 2

    Post by Kaedras Starfall »

    Perception 45% 1d100 = 81: 81

    JIC: 1d20 = 2: 2
    1d100 = 27: 27
    Starchief wrote:"Kaedras... I don't know if we have any potential enemies planetside. You spaceraced with pirates and I slept with a military leader. I think it's safe to say that everyone here likes us. But, bring your bow just in case."
    Kaedras nods. "I shall. The tales from the archives have me ill at ease."

    He loads up with two quivers (Quivers 1 and 2) attached to his harness.
    Datephus wrote:”INTRUDER ALERT IN THE CARGO BAY! IDENTIFY YOURSELF!”
    Kaedras snags his bow and sprints to the cargo bay, nocking an arrow as he runs. Curious, my sixth sense isn't going off... He skids to a halt at the sight of Draggor - whatever he is - in the cargo bay. He warily points his arrow at the floor.
    Draggor wrote:"Where are we? Oh, I didn't knock, sorry."
    Kaedras sighs. "You have wandered onto our ship, friend." In what universe is it considered acceptable to amble into someone else's starship?

    As other crewmembers arrive in the cargo bay, Kaedras says "I sense no immediate threat in him," before they can kill him.

    To Draggor, he continues. "You need to be more careful, friend. Some ships have a reputation for eating the unwary. This one included."
    Kaedras Starfall
    I.S.P.: 178/178
    M.D.C.: 37/37

    Psionic Crystal Armor
    M.D.C. by Location:
    Arms: 15 each
    Legs: 22 each
    Main Body: 35
    Psionic Force Field: 70/70 (Can be used 4 times per 24 hour period without I.S.P. cost to user)
    User avatar
    Kar Fallax
    Posts: 37
    Joined: Mon May 18, 2020 7:02 am

    Re: [GA] Time After Time, Part 2

    Post by Kar Fallax »

    Perception: 1d100 = 76: 76 vs 24%
    JIC: 1d20 = 14: 14 and 1d100 = 9: 9

    Kar looks up at Juan and Icky as they help him o his feet, What was that? Kar looks at Juan, "If you didn't," then looks at Icky, "and we all dreamt the same." Kar get a good footing and brushes himself off. "Then what is going on? Was it, a dream? It felt so real." Kar puts his hand on his chest, still reeling a bit from the experience. "If it is a premonition, we can use this. We can ambush them. Yes?" Kar wonders if the vision is some gift, giving them tactical advantage.

    Dark Lord wrote:”INTRUDER ALERT IN THE CARGO BAY! IDENTIFY YOURSELF!”


    When the alert goes off Kar follows Kaedras down to the cargo bay, "Well I don't remember this at least," he says on the way down. Kar stands behind Kaedras giving the stranger a weary look, What is this now?

    Kaedras Starfall wrote:"You need to be more careful, friend. Some ships have a reputation for eating the unwary. This one included."


    Kar asks quizzically, "You know him? He watches the creature carefully in case it makes a threatening move.
    User avatar
    Kaedras Starfall
    Posts: 91
    Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:47 pm

    Re: [GA] Time After Time, Part 2

    Post by Kaedras Starfall »

    (rolls carried over)
    Kar Fallax wrote:"You know him?
    Without taking his eyes off of the intruder, Kaedras replies, "I do not. But he does not alert my danger senses... yet."
    Kaedras Starfall
    I.S.P.: 178/178
    M.D.C.: 37/37

    Psionic Crystal Armor
    M.D.C. by Location:
    Arms: 15 each
    Legs: 22 each
    Main Body: 35
    Psionic Force Field: 70/70 (Can be used 4 times per 24 hour period without I.S.P. cost to user)
    User avatar
    Kar Fallax
    Posts: 37
    Joined: Mon May 18, 2020 7:02 am

    Re: [GA] Time After Time, Part 2

    Post by Kar Fallax »

    Kar Fallax wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 76: 76 vs 24%
    JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 14: 14 and Original post: 1d100 = 9: 9
    Kar lets out a chuff from behind Kaedras, funny to call someone you don't know, friend.

    Kar speaks loud enough from the new guest to hear him, "We should kill it. There is too much going on. He might be a spy for the kreeghor." Kar reaches down and puts his hand on the hilt of his phase sword.

    He eyes the creature closely, "What is your mission creature? Who sent you?," he asks sternly.
    User avatar
    Draggor
    Posts: 13
    Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:07 pm

    Re: [GA] Time After Time, Part 2

    Post by Draggor »

    Perception: 1d100 = 65: 65 | 21%
    JIC: 1d20 = 2: 2 | 1d100 = 97: 97
    Kaedras wrote:You need to be more careful, friend. Some ships have a reputation for eating the unwary. This one included.
    Well, they definitely have more advanced recognition on this ship. "Getting eaten doesn't sound so good." Still odd to keep the ramp extended like that.

    Draggor still has hands up and in the clear, and isn't making any kind of sudden moves. It's a curious mix of confused and deliberate, as walking onto the ship to begin with was done with purpose, but the rest? Disoriented.
    Kar wrote:You know him?
    "I don't think we know any of you." There's a pause, and just before continuing, more pointed topics arise.
    Kar wrote:We should kill it. There is too much going on. He might be a spy for the kreeghor.
    "I am NOT with the kreeghor!" For a brief moment, you'd swear those eyes caught a glow, and just like that, it's a rather low-key monster standing before you. "Mission? Escape. Survive." We're not saying vengeance out loud? Pity. "Escaped from splugorth slavers and trackers, hence," the creature does a very, very careful, casual pointing of fingers to the gear being worn and carried. "Jumped into a rift, seemed standard until I was pulled hard and nearly apart during transit. Woke up..." There's a soft turn, and a hand casually points about where Draggor regained consciousness, "...over there. Near where these three walked out. There's a dark passage nearby."

    Who sent you?! Fate! Like that exists. The internal dialogue continues on, even with Kar having a hand clearly grasping for a weapon: for whatever reason, this isn't making the monster react defensively. "Oh, would it help if weapons weren't on our person? You can remove them if you like."
    Draggor
    M.D.C.: 1,349 / 1,349
    P.P.E.: 89 / 89
    User avatar
    Juan Echo
    Posts: 187
    Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

    Re: [GA] Time After Time, Part 2

    Post by Juan Echo »

    Perception (27%): 1d100 = 69: 69
    JiC: 1d20 = 9: 9/ 1d100 = 26: 26
    Urqos Kar wrote:""If you didn't, and we all dreamt the same. Then what is going on? Was it, a dream? It felt so real. If it is a premonition, we can use this. We can ambush them. Yes?"
    "I don't think this was some sort of premonition," Juan replies. He speaks slowly, as if he is formulating his theory as he goes. In fact, this is a new one for the Wandering God, and he can hardly believe what he is saying. "I think it all happened. I don't know how or why, something in the last 24-ish hours is allowing us to repeat time. Let's go over what we all remember. First we took a bunch of pirates into space to rescue their leader, in the middle of a ley-line storm. Maybe those of us that flew into orbit were sucked into a time loop. After we rescued Urqos Drax'ikl, we returned to his bar and got roaring drunk... more so, and then passed out in aforementioned pirate bar."

    He pauses for dramatic effect, and to see if anyone else will remember the exact same details. "Then, we had breakfast, like now, and had similar conversations. Eventually Urqos Quan came by, and he took us to the ruins. Something happened in their, and when we went outside it had become a warzone." He pauses again to see what everyone remembers about the ruins. Axis-5 was invaded, and like Urqos Mara said, it involved the abominations we saw on Seeron. Urqos Quan led a team to restart the planets defenses; we split up. I saw the Space Whale explode. And then, I think I died too."

    "But then I woke up in the bar again. This time my link to my sister had been severed. And I think it happened in the ruins. It's as if some of the things that happened did happen. I wonder what else is different this time around." There isn't much time to dwell on this as there's an intruder alert shortly thereafter.
    Urqos Mara wrote:"More friends?"
    "I can't talk to Joan, I have no friends," Juan replies, still upset. Nonetheless, he follows the others down to the cargo bay. He doesn't remember an intruder on the ship the first time. Could the intruder have been on the ship all along? Was he a stowaway pirate have triggered the alarm waking up? A scout for the invaders? Or did the time loop drop him in the middle of the ship abruptly? This day can't get any weirder. Though weird could be an apt word to describe the intruder. Tall, garish, and an odd, even by Phase World standards, way of speaking.
    Intruding Urqos wrote:"I am NOT with the kreeghor! Mission? Escape. Survive. Escaped from splugorth slavers and trackers, hence. Jumped into a rift, seemed standard until I was pulled hard and nearly apart during transit. Woke up... over there. Near where these three walked out. There's a dark passage nearby.
    "Oh, would it help if weapons weren't on our person? You can remove them if you like."
    The creature doesn't seem like a threat. "I don't think I saw him before." Juan turns to Draggor and asks, "Have you felt deja vu lately? Do you remember being on this ship before? Or dying recently?"
    Status: Juan Echo
    M.D.C.: 300/300
    P.P.E.: 50/50
    I.S.P.: 76/76

    May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
    User avatar
    Draggor
    Posts: 13
    Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:07 pm

    Re: [GA] Time After Time, Part 2

    Post by Draggor »

    Juan wrote:Have you felt deja vu lately? Do you remember being on this ship before? Or dying recently?
    "Lately? No. This ship? New. Dying?" Stop. Think about your answer. "Felt like that's where we were headed during the rift jump, but no, I am still here." Aaaaaaaaannnnnd... "No dying. Recently."
    Draggor
    M.D.C.: 1,349 / 1,349
    P.P.E.: 89 / 89
    User avatar
    Chef Icky
    Diamond Level Patron
    Diamond Level Patron
    Posts: 355
    Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
    Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers
    Contact:

    Re: [GA] Time After Time, Part 2

    Post by Chef Icky »

    Perception: 1d100>55: [8] = 0 Okay, I screwed up the coding but that's still a darn good perception roll...
    JIC: 1d100: [46] = 46 / 1d20: [14] = 14

    Conditions: -10% to all skills, -3 on all combat rolls, -1 APM
    Dark Lord wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:43 am”AFFIRMATIVE, CREWMEMBER DESIGNATE: CHEF ICKY. INTERNAL SENSORS SHOW YOUR CORRUPTED WARLOCK ARMOR EXITING THE DIME STORE MAGIC at 0612 HOURS THIS MORNING WITHOUT A PILOT. MY APOLOGIES; I HAD ASSUMED THAT YOU HAD ACTIVATED SOME SORT OF REMOTE PILOTING MECHANISM.”
    "WHAT DA--???" Icky had added that last bit tongue-in-cheekly, but to find out that's exactly what happened totally takes him by surprise. "Whaddya mean it walked off? Why'd ya just let it--" he takes a deep breath and rubs his throbbing temples. "Sorry, chum. Dere's no way ya could'a known. Sarge ain't got a remote pilotin' feature dat I know of. Best case scenario, Big D's called it away fer somethin'. Worst case? Dat Deevil what's co-habitatin' in dere may have woke up an' bugged out. But bad as dat is, I gotta feelin' what's in store is way worse. Could ya figure out maybe which way it went once it headed out? I gotta do somethin' 'bout dis gnome playin' da drums inside me noggin." He starts to head off towards his cabin.
    Mara wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:56 pm
    Chef Icky wrote: Icky almost drops his coffee cup and rushes over to help Juan help Kar up. "Oi yah, I think yer right..." his face turns ashen. "Dat tears it. I dunno what's goin' on, but we can't all have dreamed da same dream. We're gonna set somethin' off an' all da hells are gonna break loose. I remember blood an' pain 'fore a bright light, den wakin' up in da bar. What do ya guys remember?"
    She looks at Icky, "Just my Death! My death at the hands of those monsters we fought at Starburst's Homeworld."
    Juan Echo wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:11 pm
    Urqos Kar wrote:""If you didn't, and we all dreamt the same. Then what is going on? Was it, a dream? It felt so real. If it is a premonition, we can use this. We can ambush them. Yes?"
    "I don't think this was some sort of premonition," Juan replies. He speaks slowly, as if he is formulating his theory as he goes. In fact, this is a new one for the Wandering God, and he can hardly believe what he is saying. "I think it all happened. I don't know how or why, something in the last 24-ish hours is allowing us to repeat time. Let's go over what we all remember. First we took a bunch of pirates into space to rescue their leader, in the middle of a ley-line storm. Maybe those of us that flew into orbit were sucked into a time loop. After we rescued Urqos Drax'ikl, we returned to his bar and got roaring drunk... more so, and then passed out in aforementioned pirate bar."

    He pauses for dramatic effect, and to see if anyone else will remember the exact same details. "Then, we had breakfast, like now, and had similar conversations. Eventually Urqos Quan came by, and he took us to the ruins. Something happened in their, and when we went outside it had become a warzone." He pauses again to see what everyone remembers about the ruins. Axis-5 was invaded, and like Urqos Mara said, it involved the abominations we saw on Seeron. Urqos Quan led a team to restart the planets defenses; we split up. I saw the Space Whale explode. And then, I think I died too."
    Icky nods along with Juan's recount. "It was either some sorta time loop or somebody's been plantin' fake memories in our noggins." He blinks. "Oi, Datephus? Can ya scan yer sensor logs over da past 24 hours? Anythin' resemblin' some sorta temporal anomaly or other kind o' wonky shenanigans?"

    Turning his attention back to his crewmates, he adds, "I remember some sorta lightshow in da ruins... an' me armor got un-cursed in da process. When all da hells broke loose I think we split up..." he looks at Kar. "You an' me stayed back ta guard da entrance. Dat's when da Kreeghor brick showed up... only he had help... an' I remember seein' Ironcob ripped apart like pulled pork from da slow cooker jus' before a bright light..." His voice trails off for a moment. "No, not jus' help..." He looks up at Mara and Juan. "In yer dreams, did dose Guard goons look identical? Like... copies, maybe?" He waits for a response from the two of them. "If I didn't know any better, I'd swear Tiny's 'help' was almost clones of himself." He rubs his forehead. "Feetal's Gizz... da Necrols were harvestin' genetics from Meatball's folks. If dey managed ta upgrade goons an' mass produce cloned copies..." He looks up at his crewmates. "Imagine an army o' evil beefed-up Meatballs. Dey'd be even worse dan dose demons an' deevils dat tried ta take over Center." He shakes his head. "But why 'ere?"
    Juan Echo wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:11 pm"But then I woke up in the bar again. This time my link to my sister had been severed. And I think it happened in the ruins. It's as if some of the things that happened did happen. I wonder what else is different this time around."
    Icky tries to shake loose the mental cobwebs from his musings. "Same here, only according ta Datephus me armor's not only still corrupted but it's gone AWOL. If it's just a premonition, who's behind it? If it's some sorta time loop, what's causin' it? An' how da we break da loop wit'out snuffin' it in da process?"
    Dark Lord wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:43 am”INTRUDER ALERT IN THE CARGO BAY! IDENTIFY YOURSELF!”

    You all have an opportunity for fun first reactions and introductions. About 5-10 minutes after Draggor first sets foot on the ship (time ~10:00), Starchief will return as well (seeing Draggor if he’s still in the cargo bay). Then, you will have to decide what you want to do. Quan will be arriving one hour after Starchief’s return (~11:00).
    Icky jumps to his hooves and heads down to the cargo bay with the others. He pulls his pistol and draws a bead on the intruder but keeps his finger off the trigger as listens to the discourse with a raised eyebrow. So stop me if you've heard this one -- a plant walks into a ship full of hungover heroes stuck in a time loop... He clears his throat. "Look, Shrub, ya ain't ringin' our danger senses fer right now so consider yerself among friendlies at least fer da moment. But yeah, settin' down any hardware yer packin' right over dere would be a good start ta da gettin'-ta-know-ya game." He relaxes his stance slightly and gestures towards a nearby crate. "Now den... ya don't remember dyin' recently, ya followed us from da bar, an' ya got 'ere via rift while runnin' from da Sploogs. Let's continue wit' da basics. Who are ya, where ya from, an' why'd ya figure tailin' us back 'ere was a good idea?"

    Assuming they're all still in the cargo bay when Starchief arrives, he nods in his general direction. "Dere ya are, Meatball... if yer done takin' one fer da team, we got strong coffee in da galley an' stronger stuff ta cover 'fore Quan gets 'ere."
    Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

    Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!

    ------------------------------

    - Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
    - Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
    - Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
    - Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
    User avatar
    Kar Fallax
    Posts: 37
    Joined: Mon May 18, 2020 7:02 am

    Re: [GA] Time After Time, Part 2

    Post by Kar Fallax »

    Kar Fallax wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:08 am Rolls held - Can't repost old dice rolls in quote
    Draggor wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:24 pm "I don't think we know any of you." There's a pause, and just before continuing, more pointed topics arise.

    "I am NOT with the kreeghor!" For a brief moment, you'd swear those eyes caught a glow, and just like that, it's a rather low-key monster standing before you. "Mission? Escape. Survive." We're not saying vengeance out loud? Pity. "Escaped from splugorth slavers and trackers, hence," the creature does a very, very careful, casual pointing of fingers to the gear being worn and carried. "Jumped into a rift, seemed standard until I was pulled hard and nearly apart during transit. Woke up..." There's a soft turn, and a hand casually points about where Draggor regained consciousness, "...over there. Near where these three walked out. There's a dark passage nearby."

    Who sent you?! Fate! Like that exists. The internal dialogue continues on, even with Kar having a hand clearly grasping for a weapon: for whatever reason, this isn't making the monster react defensively. "Oh, would it help if weapons weren't on our person? You can remove them if you like."


    Kar listens to the creatures response, "Maybe a sad tale, to pull on the heartstrings of a weak crew. " Kar looks around seeing the team fall for it, they're a bunch of marshmallows. He shakes his head realizing that they are all falling for the sob story. "I'm watching you creature, no sudden movements."

    Draggor wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:09 pm"Lately? No. This ship? New. Dying?" Stop. Think about your answer. "Felt like that's where we were headed during the rift jump, but no, I am still here." Aaaaaaaaannnnnd... "No dying. Recently."


    Kar looks around behind the creature, We?

    He steps out from behind Kaedras, "Tell the others to show themselves! Now!" Kar puts his hand on the hilt of his phase sword but does not draw it. He turns to Juan, "He may not be dangerous, but the others he mentioned might be."

    Kar turns back to the creature, "Where are the we at? Preparing an ambush on the side of the ramp?" Kar ducks slightly trying to see if anyone is hiding on either side of the ramp. Could this creature be screwing with our minds?
    User avatar
    Dark Lord
    Dimension Master
    Posts: 640
    Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
    Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

    Re: [GA] Time After Time, Part 2

    Post by Dark Lord »

    A confusing morning becomes more so. Mara has vague memories of a certain sense of familiarity, but nothing specific. It takes the conversation between Kar, Juan, and Icky- prompted by Kar’s vocal reliving of his trauma, to prompt you to begin putting the pieces back together. Comparing notes, you are able to construct a rough timeline of events that you can all agree on. You went to the ruins. Something happened to cure Icky’s powered armor of its demonic corruption. Then you split up. Then you died. The end bit in particular is a sobering prospect. It has happened. It will happen. While many of you are not sure what to make of this development, or need a little time to get over your shock, Icky takes the initiative in trying to get a few clues about what has transpired.
    Chef Icky wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:49 pm"Could ya figure out maybe which way it went once it headed out?"
    ”PROXIMITY SENSORS MERELY DETECT THE ARMOR EXITING THE SHIP AND PROCEEDING TOWARDS THE WESTERN EDGE OF CAMP. APOLOGIES, CREWMEMBER DESIGNATE: CHEF ICKY. ACTIVE LONG-RANGE EXTERNAL SENSORS ARE NOT DESIGNED TO TRACK SURFACE TARGETS WHILE DOCKED, I CAN PROVIDE NO FURTHER INFORMATION.” A quick consultation with Metri, Mara, or a map will confirm that in that direction lies the Atorian section of camp. Kaedras (or Icky’s own memory if he passes any sort of navigation roll at +20%) can also bring to mind the fact that the nearest ley line nexus lies in that direction (more or less).
    Chef Icky wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:49 pm"Oi, Datephus? Can ya scan yer sensor logs over da past 24 hours? Anythin' resemblin' some sorta temporal anomaly or other kind o' wonky shenanigans?"
    Datephus is silent for a heartbeat before replying. ”MEMORY CHECK COMPLETE. NO SPATIOTEMPORAL ANOMALIES FOUND WITHIN THE PARAMETERS PROVIDED. THERE HAS BEEN NO EVIDENCE OF ANY SPACE OR TIME ANOMALIES IN THIS AREA SINCE OUR ARRIVAL. ASIDE FROM THE REPORTED INCIDENT AT YESTERDAY’S RACE.” Any follow-up on the latter comment, however, will merely prompt Datephus to clarify that the Dime Store Magic has no sensor logs of the ley line storm in which Drax vanished, and that subsequent sensor readings of the area produced no evidence of anomalies either. The ship’s AI was merely helpfully reminding Icky that he and Kaedras said that Drax disappeared.

    The confusing situation is further complicated by the arrival of a strange figure in the ship’s cargo bay. Kaedras and Kar rush to confront the intruder, but with Kaedras’ assurances that the alien does not pose a lethal threat Draggor is met with wary words instead of weapons. If nothing else, the strange figure makes his feelings on the Kreeghor fairly clear. Realizing the abrupt nature of his approach, Draggor offers to set down his weapons, and Icky nods for him to do so. Draggor promptly produces a small but effective arsenal, primarily of Naruni make, and gingerly sets his weapons to one side. His exposed face reveals a visage both monstrous and mysterious, totally unknown to you all. After a terse greeting, Juan inquires as to Draggor’s recent experience with déjà vu or anything similar- but the alien is no help there, and does not know what the godling is talking about. Those of you recovering your memories are quite sure that Draggor wasn’t in them, however. Then, Draggor starts using ‘we’s where he should be using ‘I’s and he sets off Kar’s paranoia. Leaping into action as he sees his suspicions confirmed, Kar demands to know who else is with Draggor and why they won’t show themselves.

    You have another 30-45 minutes to resolve both Draggor’s appearance and your next steps, after which Quan arrives. The uteni and his retinue drive up to the ship and get out. Once again casting a nostalgic eye about the place, Quan says nonchalantly ”Well, it seems like you guys have made some friends. Torrigan and Drax’ikl both are on board with our test. We can head down there whenever you’re ready, but I’d suggest you be ready for the worst.” He squints and looks at some of you harder, ”Then again, it looks like the worst has already paid some of you a visit. What the hell happened last night?”

    What are you doing?
    Why kill a PC when you can torture their player?
    ImageImageImageImage
    User avatar
    Draggor
    Posts: 13
    Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:07 pm

    Re: [GA] Time After Time, Part 2

    Post by Draggor »

    Perception: 1d100: [29] = 29 | 21%
    JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13 | 1d100: [42] = 42
    Chef Icky wrote: "Look, Shrub, ya ain't ringin' our danger senses fer right now so consider yerself among friendlies at least fer da moment. But yeah, settin' down any hardware yer packin' right over dere would be a good start ta da gettin'-ta-know-ya game." He relaxes his stance slightly and gestures towards a nearby crate. "Now den... ya don't remember dyin' recently, ya followed us from da bar, an' ya got 'ere via rift while runnin' from da Sploogs. Let's continue wit' da basics. Who are ya, where ya from, an' why'd ya figure tailin' us back 'ere was a good idea?"
    In a polar opposite of that momentary flare up reaction, Draggor very, very slowly, and very, very deliberately moves towards the identified crate, back turned to the rest without worry. Without saying anything, each obvious weapon and item carried is first pointed to, then is removed and carefully set down, with the final item being the helmet that's clipped to a belt. We have to be better about incidents like this. Once it's all seemingly there, hands are raised again before slowly turning to face the group, then resumes the previous position, a good distance between the creature and the possessions. The line of questions should really be standard at this point, but it almost looks like a strain to get the answer right.

    "I am Draggor. I was... found many years ago by Splugorth. Taught to play fighting games." Taught?! There is a pause, then "forced to fight in their games. Between, simple repairs to their ship. Was not nice." Undersell of the century, good job! A small clearing of the throat, and what's a mental exertion of effort produces the most coherent sentence yet: "They, and others, have sought to acquire me many times since first escape. After nearly dying in the rift, risking following some strangers was better than being alone and vulnerable again." The being exhales in relief that the words came out as imagined, only to get sidelined again.
    Kar wrote:He steps out from behind Kaedras, "Tell the others to show themselves! Now!" Kar puts his hand on the hilt of his phase sword but does not draw it. He turns to Juan, "He may not be dangerous, but the others he mentioned might be."

    Kar turns back to the creature, "Where are the we at? Preparing an ambush on the side of the ramp?" Kar ducks slightly trying to see if anyone is hiding on either side of the ramp. Could this creature be screwing with our minds?
    Draggor stares at Kar for what seems like minutes, but is more likely to be an uncomfortably long several seconds. "We're here. No. I'm here." This... might hurt. An index finger on the right hand reaches over enough to tap at the creature's own head, "We. I. Jumbled from the rift. This language is not mine." With another pause, the creature takes a risk and speaks in the native tongue, in some vain hope to demonstrate some kind of fluency of ideas. Should someone be able to translate, it approximately comes out as: I am Draggor, and we are Draggor. Sometimes remembering doesn't happen right away, and the longer it takes, the more another gets added to us. Where I am from I do not wish to return, the worst life in the three galaxies is better than there.

    Knowing that it's unlikely anyone could decipher that, Draggor slowly lowers hands to about chest high, widens the arms slightly, and turns palms face up. "I do not wish to be recaptured. I will do anything you ask to not be stranded or exposed. I will not do to others what was done to me." Seems the more this being speaks, the easier it gets. Seven out of ten. We'll be a little more quiet now.
    Draggor
    M.D.C.: 1,349 / 1,349
    P.P.E.: 89 / 89
    User avatar
    Kar Fallax
    Posts: 37
    Joined: Mon May 18, 2020 7:02 am

    Re: [GA] Time After Time, Part 2

    Post by Kar Fallax »

    Perception: 1d100: [80] = 80 vs 24%
    JIC: 1d20: [18] = 18 and 1d100: [14] = 14

    Kar listens to the creature while glancing side to side looking for any other intruders. This creature is in bad shape. It either drops it's weapons in genuine need or it feels confident enough it can fight us without them. Kar continues to listen and watch.

    Draggor wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:46 pmknowing that it's unlikely anyone could decipher that, Draggor slowly lowers hands to about chest high, widens the arms slightly, and turns palms face up. "I do not wish to be recaptured. I will do anything you ask to not be stranded or exposed. I will not do to others what was done to me." Seems the more this being speaks, the easier it gets. Seven out of ten. We'll be a little more quiet now.


    The last statement strikes a nerve in Kar, He seems, almost sincere. Am I going soft? Kar looks around at the rest of the crew wondering where they stand on the intruder. He almost suggests they should believe it but chuffs loudly instead. "How long ago did you last see the ones hunting you? Are they close?" Maybe HE isn't a threat. But if, if we are with him when they come hunting. They will be a threat.

    Confusion sets in Kar's mind, half tempted to welcome the hideous creature, half tempted to suggest it be on it's way, when he remembers they have larger problems and reminds the crew, "This is not a good time for this. We have big problems." Then Quan arrives and the deja vu' hits again. I have heard all this! I am going to die if we do not change this, soon!
    User avatar
    Kaedras Starfall
    Posts: 91
    Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:47 pm

    Re: [GA] Time After Time, Part 2

    Post by Kaedras Starfall »

    Perception 45% 1d100: [80] = 80

    JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9
    JIC: 1d100: [87] = 87
    Draggor wrote:"Getting eaten doesn't sound so good."
    Kaedras shakes his head. "From what I've read it is distinctly unpleasant."
    Draggor wrote:"I am NOT with the kreeghor! Mission? Escape. Survive. Escaped from splugorth slavers and trackers, hence,... Jumped into a rift, seemed standard until I was pulled hard and nearly apart during transit. Woke up...over there. Near where these three walked out. There's a dark passage nearby."
    Kaedras nods. "I have experience escaping from slavers. It can be harrowing. I was lucky enough to encounter the crew of the Dime Store Magic - that is the ship we're aboard - shortly thereafter. After proving my worth, they agreed to take me on as crew." If I have, in fact, proved my worth. At the very least I possess the water relic for now. That may prove useful.

    As Juan and Icky arrive, Kaedras nods at them.

    "Good morning, friends."
    Juan wrote:"Have you felt deja vu lately? Do you remember being on this ship before? Or dying recently?"
    Dying? Is this more 'Wandering God' nonsense?
    Chef Icky wrote: "Now den... ya don't remember dyin' recently, ya followed us from da bar, an' ya got 'ere via rift while runnin' from da Sploogs. Let's continue wit' da basics. Who are ya, where ya from, an' why'd ya figure tailin' us back 'ere was a good idea?"
    Dying again? What in the three galaxies are they on about?

    "Excuse me... what is this talk of dying? Did someone lace your drinks last night with hallucinogens?" He casts a momentary wary eye at Juan.

    Then, Kar reacts aggressively to Draggor's use of 'we', shouting for the others to reveal themselves.
    Kar wrote:"He may not be dangerous, but the others he mentioned might be."
    "Friend Kar - if there were any danger, from any party seen or unseen, I would know. We are safe for now."
    Draggor wrote:"We. I. Jumbled from the rift. This language is not mine."
    Kaedras nods, turning to Kar. "A simple communication error."

    Kar seems to visibly relax for an instant before keying in to some new threat.
    Kar wrote:"This is not a good time for this. We have big problems."
    As the stand-off continues, Captain Quan arrives.
    Captain Quan wrote: ”Well, it seems like you guys have made some friends. Torrigan and Drax’ikl both are on board with our test. We can head down there whenever you’re ready, but I’d suggest you be ready for the worst. Then again, it looks like the worst has already paid some of you a visit. What the hell happened last night?”
    Kaedras looks at his companions. Apart from some of them talking about dying? "Good morning, Captain Quan. Will you be joining us? You are still in possession of the Fire Relic, are you not? Has there been much change to the interior of the pyramid? When you entered the first time there was a stair and catwalk system that descended to the floor, and a device which opened a portal - which required phase powers, I believe, to activate. Sir Oradro activated it, I believe, but he is no longer with us."

    Kaedras pauses and adds. "I suggest we bring this Draggor with us. We certainly cannot leave him alone to be eaten by the ship, and he may prove useful in the relic facility. Or afterward." Turning to Starchief, he explains, "Master Starchief, I should point out that after Captain Quan successfully used the fire relic in this facility, it detached from him and was unusable until he was able to recharge it's psychic energy. If the enemy know this... I would expect difficulty immediately after we use the water relic, as they may seize the opportunity to try to take it."

    He turns back to Draggor. "Are you willing to help defend us and these people if the worst should happen?"
    Kaedras Starfall
    I.S.P.: 178/178
    M.D.C.: 37/37

    Psionic Crystal Armor
    M.D.C. by Location:
    Arms: 15 each
    Legs: 22 each
    Main Body: 35
    Psionic Force Field: 70/70 (Can be used 4 times per 24 hour period without I.S.P. cost to user)
    User avatar
    Juan Echo
    Posts: 187
    Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

    Re: [GA] Time After Time, Part 2

    Post by Juan Echo »

    Perception 1d100<27: [3*] = 1
    JiC 1d20: [17] = 17 / 1d100: [15] = 15

    It has been a weird morning for the Wanderer:
    Urqos Kaedras wrote:"Excuse me... what is this talk of dying? Did someone lace your drinks last night with hallucinogens?"
    "No, I drink my hallucinogens straight up. (And there's usually a drunk dragon flying around) This is different. Don't you remember going to the ruins? And the invasion? And then the day starting over again? Nothing?" When Kaedras confirms he doesn't recall this, Juan shrugs and lets out a quick profa

    People join the Galactic Adventurers in the most random way - Juan Echo crashed into them on the demon planet of Cormal; Metri disappeared and rejoined the group after they bumped into each other, along with Kaedras, in an underground resistance base; and now there's Draggor. Juan sizes him up, seems earnest. Unfortunately not everyone feels the same way.
    Urqos Kar wrote:"He may not be dangerous, but the others he mentioned might be."
    Urqos Kaedras wrote:"Friend Kar - if there were any danger, from any party seen or unseen, I would know. We are safe for now."
    Urqos Draggor wrote:"We. I. Jumbled from the rift. This language is not mine."
    Urqos Kaedras wrote:"A simple communication error."
    "Aye, he's not setting any alarm bells. There are threats nearby, Urqos Kar. But we know the threats. You and I saw them, and they killed us." He turns to Draggor again, and continues, "The others. Did they include an electric angel? A shadow with blades for arms? Solid metal Kreeghors?"
    Urqos Kar wrote:"This is not a good time for this. We have big problems."
    "I'm going to suit up before Urqos Quan arrives. The next several hours will be wild, and we should prepare for a full scale invasion." Juan then goes back to his quarters and puts together his gear. He grabs his EBA, clubs, and Volcano in preparation for the hells that will descend on Axis-5 soon enough.
    Status: Juan Echo
    M.D.C.: 300/300
    P.P.E.: 50/50
    I.S.P.: 76/76

    May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
    User avatar
    Chef Icky
    Diamond Level Patron
    Diamond Level Patron
    Posts: 355
    Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
    Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers
    Contact:

    Re: [GA] Time After Time, Part 2

    Post by Chef Icky »

    Perception: 1d100<55: [26*] = 1
    JIC: 1d20: [7] = 7 / 1d100: [61] = 61
    Dark Lord wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:10 am”PROXIMITY SENSORS MERELY DETECT THE ARMOR EXITING THE SHIP AND PROCEEDING TOWARDS THE WESTERN EDGE OF CAMP. APOLOGIES, CREWMEMBER DESIGNATE: CHEF ICKY. ACTIVE LONG-RANGE EXTERNAL SENSORS ARE NOT DESIGNED TO TRACK SURFACE TARGETS WHILE DOCKED, I CAN PROVIDE NO FURTHER INFORMATION.” A quick consultation with Metri, Mara, or a map will confirm that in that direction lies the Atorian section of camp. Kaedras (or Icky’s own memory if he passes any sort of navigation roll at +20%) can also bring to mind the fact that the nearest ley line nexus lies in that direction (more or less).
    Land Navigation -- 1d100<86: [100] = 0
    Navigation -- 1d100<99: [41*] = 1

    Icky ponders a bit. "Sounds like it's headin' fer da ley lines over in da Atorian sector. Wit' any luck Meatball's gonna run inta it on his walk o' shame back 'ere. Oi Datephus, any chance ya could call up da local yokels an' ask 'em ta keep an eye out fer it? Probably best ta jus' tell 'em it's a member o' our crew off ta, I dunno, commune wit' da nexus or somethin'. On second thought, it may be better ta jus' monitor local radio chatter an' not stir up da pot wit'out good reason. Either way, if ya hear anythin' ya let me know alright?"

    As much as I want to chase after Sarge, I'm afraid we've got bigger problems... Icky frowns. Hopefully he'll turn up before it all hits the fan. Again. Again? Again.
    Dark Lord wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:10 amDatephus is silent for a heartbeat before replying. ”MEMORY CHECK COMPLETE. NO SPATIOTEMPORAL ANOMALIES FOUND WITHIN THE PARAMETERS PROVIDED. THERE HAS BEEN NO EVIDENCE OF ANY SPACE OR TIME ANOMALIES IN THIS AREA SINCE OUR ARRIVAL. ASIDE FROM THE REPORTED INCIDENT AT YESTERDAY’S RACE.”
    Icky grumbles. "Figured as much. Thanks chum."

    During the Q&A session with Draggor he continues to watch and listen. Should his translator work on the strange language he'll nod and relay his words to everyone who doesn't understand. "Sounds like ya ain't alone in yer noggin, Shrubs. But me chum's right -- We got bigger problems dan whoever may be in dere wit' ya. Since ya ain't flickerin' our danger hairs yer welcome ta hang around fer da moment. But any funny stuff an' we feed ya to our ship's engine wit'out so much as an after-dinner mint."
    Kaedras Starfall wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:12 am"Excuse me... what is this talk of dying? Did someone lace your drinks last night with hallucinogens?" He casts a momentary wary eye at Juan.
    Icky shakes his head. "Dis ain't Big Red's fault, Slim. Somethin' epic screwy's goin' on 'ere." He points to Kar. "He didn't drink nothin', but his... visions? Dreams? Memories? Whatever ya wanna call 'em, dey sync up wit' ours perfectly. I remember seein' him get snuffed by Kreeghor clones. He remembers gettin' snuffed by Kreeghor clones. Ya can't call dat coincidence."
    Dark Lord wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:10 amQuan says nonchalantly ”Well, it seems like you guys have made some friends. Torrigan and Drax’ikl both are on board with our test. We can head down there whenever you’re ready, but I’d suggest you be ready for the worst.” He squints and looks at some of you harder, ”Then again, it looks like the worst has already paid some of you a visit. What the hell happened last night?”
    Kaedras Starfall wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:12 amKaedras looks at his companions. Apart from some of them talking about dying? "Good morning, Captain Quan. Will you be joining us? You are still in possession of the Fire Relic, are you not? Has there been much change to the interior of the pyramid? When you entered the first time there was a stair and catwalk system that descended to the floor, and a device which opened a portal - which required phase powers, I believe, to activate. Sir Oradro activated it, I believe, but he is no longer with us."
    Icky debates silently as to whether or not to fill Quan in on the certain group members' visions. Well, for all I know he winds up snuffing it too.

    He shrugs his shoulders. "Da worst, ya say? Funny you say dat. First question on da menu, chum, are ya gettin' any sense o' deja vu this morning? Like ya done all dis before? More importantly... ya got da feelin' yer gonna snuff it today?"

    If Quan even gives him so much as a raised eyebrow, Icky will fill him in on the group's visions/dreams/memories along with his own theories as to what might be going on.
    Kaedras Starfall wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:12 amKaedras pauses and adds. "I suggest we bring this Draggor with us. We certainly cannot leave him alone to be eaten by the ship, and he may prove useful in the relic facility. Or afterward." Turning to Starchief, he explains, "Master Starchief, I should point out that after Captain Quan successfully used the fire relic in this facility, it detached from him and was unusable until he was able to recharge it's psychic energy. If the enemy know this... I would expect difficulty immediately after we use the water relic, as they may seize the opportunity to try to take it."

    He turns back to Draggor. "Are you willing to help defend us and these people if the worst should happen?"
    Icky shrugs. "Ya know, dat may not be a bad idea. Shrubs 'ere's a new player on the board. If dis is some sorta time loop den he might be enough o' a spanner wrench in da works ta snap da cycle." He looks around at the others. "Anybody got any other ideas on what ta do differently dis time around?"
    Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

    Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!

    ------------------------------

    - Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
    - Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
    - Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
    - Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
    User avatar
    Starchief
    Group Leader
    Posts: 482
    Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
    Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)
    Contact:

    Re: [GA] Time After Time, Part 2

    Post by Starchief »

    Perception: 1d100: [41] = 41 /62%
    JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19 / 1d100: [75] = 75

    When Starchief arrives to the DSM, he walks in through the cargo bay and sees the team with their weapons pointed at a stranger. I am too tired for this crap.
    Chef Icky wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:49 pm Assuming they're all still in the cargo bay when Starchief arrives, he nods in his general direction. "Dere ya are, Meatball... if yer done takin' one fer da team, we got strong coffee in da galley an' stronger stuff ta cover 'fore Quan gets 'ere."
    "I took more than one, big guy. I'm gonna need that and more. Ugh... does this planet have two suns?" Starchief lowers his sunglasses over his eyes and proceeds into the galley.

    After entirely too much caffeine and food, he returns to the rest of the group in time to hear translated through his magic ring
    Draggor wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:46 pmI am Draggor, and we are Draggor. Sometimes remembering doesn't happen right away, and the longer it takes, the more another gets added to us. Where I am from I do not wish to return, the worst life in the three galaxies is better than there.
    "Draggor?" Starchief turns to Kar and asks "Did you invite a weapons salesman onboard?" He points to the various items laid out on crates. If he gets filled in on the situation, Starchief will raise a tired eyebrow and say "Captain speaking. We have made plenty of strange bedfellows and you're not even close to the strangest. You say you don't wish to return to where you are from and here you are on my ship. Are you requesting to join my crew or just visiting? We fight the good fight in the name of the Three Galaxies and are based out of Center. You might find what you're looking for there. Most folks do."

    Starchief is barely ready when Quan arrives. "Sorry Quan, it was a hell of a night. Give me a moment to get myself together. We had an...unexpected visitor in Draggor here."

    Ten minutes later, Starchief is kitted out in his armor, with Champion and his pistol at the ready.
    Kaedras Starfall wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:12 amKaedras pauses and adds. "I suggest we bring this Draggor with us. We certainly cannot leave him alone to be eaten by the ship, and he may prove useful in the relic facility. Or afterward." Turning to Starchief, he explains, "Master Starchief, I should point out that after Captain Quan successfully used the fire relic in this facility, it detached from him and was unusable until he was able to recharge it's psychic energy. If the enemy know this... I would expect difficulty immediately after we use the water relic, as they may seize the opportunity to try to take it."
    "I doubt we'll run into any trouble, but bring your best weapon just in case. I'll be on guard as will the rest of us." He hears the rest of the crew talking about death and cycles which brings a quizzical look from him. "Did... all of you develop a case of the morbids over night? What's going on? Cycles and time and death... someone want to clue me in?"
    Starchief
    Andra "Starchief" Sekona
    the Shield of Seeron

    MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

    Saving Throw Bonuses:
    Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
    Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
    Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


    Image
    Ledger
    User avatar
    Dark Lord
    Dimension Master
    Posts: 640
    Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
    Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

    Re: [GA] Time After Time, Part 2

    Post by Dark Lord »

    With about half of you convinced that you’re going to die in a few hours, you need to wrap up an already-chaotic morning and decide what you are going to do about this potential threat. Icky muses on the fate of his powered armor, and issues some final instructions on the subject to Datephus before turning to what he deems to be more important matters. As he does so, something nags about the back of Icky’s mind concerning his powered armor- but he can’t quite put his finger on what.
    Chef Icky wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:19 pm"Sounds like it's headin' fer da ley lines over in da Atorian sector. Wit' any luck Meatball's gonna run inta it on his walk o' shame back 'ere. Oi Datephus, any chance ya could call up da local yokels an' ask 'em ta keep an eye out fer it? Probably best ta jus' tell 'em it's a member o' our crew off ta, I dunno, commune wit' da nexus or somethin'. On second thought, it may be better ta jus' monitor local radio chatter an' not stir up da pot wit'out good reason. Either way, if ya hear anythin' ya let me know alright?"
    ”ACKNOWLEDGED, CREWMEMBER DESIGNATE: CHEF ICKY. I HAVE NO DESIGNATED CHANNELS FOR THE LOCAL ATORIAN PRESENCE SPECIFICALLY, BUT I CAN MONITOR GENERALIZED COMMS TRAFFIC AND ALERT YOU IF THEY REPORT A FINDING ON AN OPEN CHANNEL.”

    Meanwhile, under the eagle-eyed watch of Kar (and the more relaxed gaze of Kaedras) Draggor slowly and deliberately sets his weapon aside and complies with all of the crew’s subsequent demands without complaint. When queried he summarizes his tale of woe, and in particular his flight from the Splugorth strikes a familiar chord with some of you. Kar immediately goes into paranoia-mode, concerned about any who might have followed Draggor to this place, but a quick security sweep of the immediate vicinity turns up nothing and the ex-guardsman also acknowledges that they have bigger problems. For his part Kaedras reassures Kar that he senses no danger from the newcomer, and asks Draggor if he’s willing to help with their defense (if it comes to that). Assuming an affirmative response, that largely seals the deal for Icky- he invites Draggor to stay for the time being but cautions him against any funny business (with a cryptic warning about feeding him to the ship’s engine, no less). By the time Starchief shows up, he is officially Too Tired For This Crap, and gets straight to the point with Draggor. The Seeronian asks him if he’s looking for passage or to join the crew, alludes to the team’s mission but doesn’t go into details, and offers to take Draggor back to Center if he wants to do that instead. Regardless of exactly how Draggor response, you all move on to the bigger issue at hand.

    Everyone gears up, with Juan reiterating their oncoming doom to Starchief (who missed most of the conversation thus far). By the time Quan arrives, you have reassembled in the cargo bay, and are once again debating whether half the team is remembering the future or has simply gone insane. Kaedras expresses his skepticism, while Starchief and Draggor are largely confused by what the others are saying. By the time Quan has showed up, no resolution has been reached on your next course of action. Kaedras, unsure what to think, greets the Uteni and asks a few questions of his fellow relic-bearer.
    Kaedras Starfall wrote:"Will you be joining us, captain Quan? You are still in possession of the Fire Relic, are you not? Has there been much change to the interior of the pyramid? When you entered the first time there was a stair and catwalk system that descended to the floor, and a device which opened a portal - which required phase powers, I believe, to activate. Sir Oradro activated it, I believe, but he is no longer with us."
    ”Wouldn’t miss it for the world. With any luck, it’ll be another super-awesome defensive mechanism. That way you can stay here on guard duty and I can get back to adventuring with my ship.” He winks at the elf, and between that and his jocular tone you’re reasonably sure he’s kidding. Probably.

    ”As for the interior, we still don’t have a clue as to how any of this stuff works- and as you say, I’m the closest thing we’ve got to an expert on this tech. Maybe techno-wizardry, but it never seems to register as magic. It’s funny- you ever hear the saying, ‘Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic?’ I’ve often found myself wondering if the reverse is true.” He pauses, momentarily losing his train of thought. ”Where was I? Oh, right. The structure. We’ve tried to leave the interior alone as much as possible, though we did add a straight ramp in there to get everyone to the bottom faster. The prometheans also provided us with some sort of gizmo- kinda looks like one of their dimensional gates- that opens the portal on demand. Couldn’t tell you how that works, either.”

    Kaedras also suggests taking Draggor with them, and reminds Starchief that the last time a relic was used, the item was depleted. And thus, would be vulnerable to attack or theft until it could be recharged. This prompts Icky to inquire about what’s on his mind.
    Chef Icky wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:19 pm "Da worst, ya say? Funny you say dat. First question on da menu, chum, are ya gettin' any sense o' deja vu this morning? Like ya done all dis before? More importantly... ya got da feelin' yer gonna snuff it today?"
    Quan blinks and stares at the minotaur for a few seconds. The uteni starts chuckling, realizes that Icky is serious, and turns it into a cough about halfway through. ”Uh… no, actually. You guys bringing a new relic here to test is probably the most exciting thing to happen around here in weeks. Definitely nothing that could kill me- what’s going on? Did the ship eat someone again?”

    This prompts Icky to launch into his explanation of their shared… visions? Memories? Who knows. Regardless, Kar and Juan add their perspective, and with the odd interjection from master Metri the memories that are gradually returning to the four of you can be reassembled into a reasonably detailed picture of events. You went to the ruins, accessed the pocket dimension, and used the water relic without incident. Immediately upon exit, there was a huge explosion and you were attacked by creatures very similar to the ones you fought on Seeron. You split up, and then you died… Except for the group at the ley line nexus, perhaps? At that point, Icky muses out loud that Draggor’s presence may be enough to alter events- but asks the crew for other ideas. As you continue your discussion, Icky also realizes that all of his memories were from the perspective of riding in his powered armor. So he had it before he went to the ruins- is that because he found it first, or because it didn’t leave at all?

    Quan is aghast at the tale, but greets it with less skepticism than Kaedras or some of the others. At the end of it, he blinks furiously to try and make sense of the sketchy and disjointed tale. Finally, he speaks. ”Wow… Sounds like a crazy ride. Remind me to tell you about the time we went, what was it, millions of years into the past or something? Anyway, the point is, I’ve seen stranger, and I’ve got no problem putting off our little experiment. You say the attack happened immediately after we tested the water relic- about what time do you figure that was? Sounds like we should get down there, and I should get ready to activate the fire relic, yeah? I’ll have some of my guys kick Drax awake and get the Atorians ready too. Anything else you guys remember that might be helpful?”

    Quan will stay a few minutes to wrap up any conversation, then head down to the ruins with the fire relic and his entourage. If you don’t proceed with the original plan of testing the water relic, you can go with Quan and stand guard, or come up with an alternative plan. Either way, you have about three hours before the time of the attack that some of you remember.

    What are you doing?
    Why kill a PC when you can torture their player?
    ImageImageImageImage
    User avatar
    Juan Echo
    Posts: 187
    Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

    Re: [GA] Time After Time, Part 2

    Post by Juan Echo »

    Perception - 1d100<27: [32] = 0
    JiC - 1d20: [6] = 6 / 1d100: [64] = 64

    Juan returns from his quarters in his EBA and armed. He is determined not to die again. He joins Icky and the others on updating Quan on their previous experiences.
    Tochbearer wrote:"Wow… Sounds like a crazy ride. Remind me to tell you about the time we went, what was it, millions of years into the past or something? Anyway, the point is, I’ve seen stranger, and I’ve got no problem putting off our little experiment. You say the attack happened immediately after we tested the water relic- about what time do you figure that was? Sounds like we should get down there, and I should get ready to activate the fire relic, yeah? I’ll have some of my guys kick Drax awake and get the Atorians ready too. Anything else you guys remember that might be helpful?"
    Juan shakes his head. "It was an overwhelming force that arrived the moment the planet's defenses went down. We should make sure that there isn't an invasion force waiting in orbit for the planet's defenses to drop before we enter the ruins. We do not want to be caught with our pants down... again."

    Juan thinks about it. If he was invading a planet like Axis-5, he would be waiting for a moment like today. In fact, there is a long tradition of within the Yayamama Pantheon of attacking one's rivals when their pants our down.* The Wanderer carries a scar around his torso to remind him.* Beneath the gleeful hedonism, he knows that a sneak attack and subsequent battle were constant threats. Violence was an inevitability to all members of the Yayamama Pantheon. But not today

    If Quan gives reports that there is no signs of a nearby threat, Juan will shoulder his V-1 Volcano and follow the others down the ship. He looks back at the Dime Store Magic and exhales. "I still don't like this. Some of us should stay around here to prepare proper defenses - guard outside the ruins, or even put the space whale on patrol."

    * This is how Juan was captured by his hated rival, Machin Aschen. Machin had wanted revenge for his deceased sister, Revel, who Juan had killed in combat 40 years earlier. He decided that the best time for this revenge was during his wedding to Joan Echo; her brother's execution would seal the marriage. So he decided to attack during his betrothed's bachelorette orgy. She had banned all pants, shorts, skirts, kilts, sarongs, loin clothes, and plantain hammocks, meaning that Juan was literally captured with his pants down. That Juan managed to ask and stop his sister's wedding was a miraculous act of heroism.
    Status: Juan Echo
    M.D.C.: 300/300
    P.P.E.: 50/50
    I.S.P.: 76/76

    May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
    User avatar
    Kar Fallax
    Posts: 37
    Joined: Mon May 18, 2020 7:02 am

    Re: [GA] Time After Time, Part 2

    Post by Kar Fallax »

    Perception: 1d100: [53] = 53 vs 24%
    JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 and 1d100: [3] = 3

    Kaedras Starfall wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:12 amKaedras pauses and adds. "I suggest we bring this Draggor with us. We certainly cannot leave him alone to be eaten by the ship, and he may prove useful in the relic facility. Or afterward." Turning to Starchief, he explains, "Master Starchief, I should point out that after Captain Quan successfully used the fire relic in this facility, it detached from him and was unusable until he was able to recharge it's psychic energy. If the enemy know this... I would expect difficulty immediately after we use the water relic, as they may seize the opportunity to try to take it."


    When Kaedras mentions taking Draggor with them he nods in agreement, Maybe the Elf is smarter than he acts, he thinks to himself then adds, "Yes, we should take him with us." Kar turns back to look at Draggor thinking to himself, we can keep a close watchful eye on him. If his appearance is more than pure coincidence it will be better to have him close enough to deal with. "Take back your arms Draggor, you may need them very soon."

    Juan Echo wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:50 pm Juan shakes his head. "It was an overwhelming force that arrived the moment the planet's defenses went down. We should make sure that there isn't an invasion force waiting in orbit for the planet's defenses to drop before we enter the ruins. We do not want to be caught with our pants down... again."

    If Quan gives reports that there is no signs of a nearby threat, Juan will shoulder his V-1 Volcano and follow the others down the ship. He looks back at the Dime Store Magic and exhales. "I still don't like this. Some of us should stay around here to prepare proper defenses - guard outside the ruins, or even put the space whale on patrol."


    Kar is taken back by the level of intelligence the team is starting to show, the reckless abandon seems to be waning. He chuffs loudly, "We should stay far away from that pit. We should take the fight to them. They are waiting, to, kill us. I am not in the mood to die again!" Kar stops to think briefly, "Our ship was one of the first targets. We should get it in the air, so it isn't so vulnerable. Juan is right!" Even as the words come out of his mouth he wonders why he said it, how can Juan be right? he questions himself and sighs.
    User avatar
    Draggor
    Posts: 13
    Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:07 pm

    Re: [GA] Time After Time, Part 2

    Post by Draggor »

    Perception: 1d100: [14] = 14 | 21%
    JIC: 1d20: 1d20: [13] = 13 | 1d100: [4] = 4
    Kar wrote:"How long ago did you last see the ones hunting you? Are they close?" Maybe HE isn't a threat. But if, if we are with him when they come hunting. They will be a threat.
    "Don't know how long I was out. Rifts never take that long either." If there's any kind of date reconciliation, the creature will cooperate. If I was in the rift that long... could someone, or something be in there longer?
    Kaedras wrote:"I have experience escaping from slavers. It can be harrowing. I was lucky enough to encounter the crew of the Dime Store Magic - that is the ship we're aboard - shortly thereafter. After proving my worth, they agreed to take me on as crew."
    The being headtilts slightly at this, and as much as it's hard to read the expressions of a new beast, intuition would say some form of hope and relief, quickly followed by surprise at the suggestion to be taken with on existing plans. Figured this would have been a protected stay in a holding cell for a bit. Actually get some rest. This is fine.
    Juan wrote:"The others. Did they include an electric angel? A shadow with blades for arms? Solid metal Kreeghors?"
    The being gives a shake of the head. "Nothing unusual, no."
    Chef Icky wrote:"Sounds like ya ain't alone in yer noggin, Shrubs. But me chum's right -- We got bigger problems dan whoever may be in dere wit' ya. Since ya ain't flickerin' our danger hairs yer welcome ta hang around fer da moment. But any funny stuff an' we feed ya to our ship's engine wit'out so much as an after-dinner mint."
    There's another awkward silence from the creature. They sure do talk about feeding the ship a lot, and they haven't mentioned any type of fuel or reactor. "Does the ship crave sentient beings?" ...maybe wait to try out humor until head's not so jumbled, hmm?
    Starchief wrote:"Captain speaking. We have made plenty of strange bedfellows and you're not even close to the strangest. You say you don't wish to return to where you are from and here you are on my ship. Are you requesting to join my crew or just visiting? We fight the good fight in the name of the Three Galaxies and are based out of Center. You might find what you're looking for there. Most folks do."
    "Visiting?" The delivery is ambiguous, both to the one who said it and anyone listening. "We'll join this mission you're about to embark on. I'll join." As for the topic of going to Center, there's many conflicting thoughts. "Looking for? Evasion. Not being hunted." If it's true what they stand for, at least this captain, they might be the safest ones to be around. Nevermind that they're all talking about dying today. Should survival be on the menu, maybe then a discussion of proper joining could happen.
    Kar wrote:"Take back your arms Draggor, you may need them very soon."
    It's a single nod, and the creature, still very slowly, goes back to their possessions, and methodically puts each item back in its place as when first entering the ship. They are looping? We don't remember a loop. Neither do I. We know! Bits and pieces of the conversations between the rest of the crew start to register more. Relics. Do we count? Dying and not staying dead. At least that's familiar. Time travel? We've got enough of a headache. Invading force. At least it's probably not the Sploogs! Draggor, once almost fully suited up, helmet still off, instead takes a stance more at the perimeter of the crew, trying to not be in the way, but pay as much attention to get up to speed.

    Better keep a watchful eye out there, we've already had a close one, and you never were that integrated. Maybe Center will have something to help with that? One step at a time. Try not to make us start over, okay?
    Draggor
    M.D.C.: 1,349 / 1,349
    P.P.E.: 89 / 89
    User avatar
    Starchief
    Group Leader
    Posts: 482
    Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
    Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)
    Contact:

    Re: [GA] Time After Time, Part 2

    Post by Starchief »

    Perception: 1d100: [87] = 87 /62%
    JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 / 1d100: [73] = 73

    "I haven't had enough caff for this." Starchief disappears for a moment into the ship and comes back with a huge steaming cup of warm sustenance. "All of you have had the same dream. Did Metri use his powers during a bad dream? Are you all..." Starchief looks at Kar and then back at his cup. "Never mind, you're serious. Kar doesn't do jokes. So, we all fought and died and somehow came back. And the Invincible Guardsmen knew we were testing the device and came down with a precision strike. And they took out the Dime? Frak, OK."
    Any ideas Champion?
    What, the great Starchief doesn't have anything up his sleeve?
    Not today Champion. You saw what I went through last night.
    And exactly whose fault is that?
    Honestly, I blame the Commandant for this one.
    Fair enough, son. So, they made you fight on their terms last time. Make them fight on yours. They can't be can't be hidden that well, right? Flush them out and take them down. Make em sweat it out first.
    Thanks Champion. You're a real help when you want to be.
    I love smiting evildoers! And you're alright too.



    "OK. Everyone gear up. Quan, have your people do a heavy sweep of the area around Axis V via whatever sensors are available. We need to figure out where these jerks are hiding and wipe them out. Fire relic is gonna do the trick. Then we find whoever gave them our plan and put them in the deepest darkest cell imaginable. No one dies today."
    Starchief
    Andra "Starchief" Sekona
    the Shield of Seeron

    MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

    Saving Throw Bonuses:
    Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
    Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
    Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


    Image
    Ledger
    User avatar
    Chef Icky
    Diamond Level Patron
    Diamond Level Patron
    Posts: 355
    Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
    Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers
    Contact:

    Re: [GA] Time After Time, Part 2

    Post by Chef Icky »

    Perception: 1d100<55: [66] = 0
    JIC: 1d20: [16] = 16 / 1d100: [49] = 49
    Kar Fallax wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:53 am"We should stay far away from that pit. We should take the fight to them. They are waiting, to, kill us. I am not in the mood to die again!" Kar stops to think briefly, "Our ship was one of the first targets. We should get it in the air, so it isn't so vulnerable. Juan is right!"
    Icky nods. "Oi yah, trust me... dyin' does get old after a while. An' yer right, we shouldn't all be in dat pit at once, dat much is solid. We went in expectin' all da trouble was on da inside. Now we know better." Though watch -- now that we know what to expect on the outside the trouble will show up on the inside. "An' havin' da ship flyin' 'round on standby might not be a bad idea. Quan, ya got any guys ya trust ta be gunners? Datephus can probably keep da stick level but da less he's gotta focus on in a scrap da better." He sighs. "Yah yah yah, 'ere I am suggestin' more guests on board. But dey'd at least be Smiley-approved ones."
    Starchief wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:07 pm"OK. Everyone gear up. Quan, have your people do a heavy sweep of the area around Axis V via whatever sensors are available. We need to figure out where these jerks are hiding and wipe them out. Fire relic is gonna do the trick. Then we find whoever gave them our plan and put them in the deepest darkest cell imaginable. No one dies today."
    "Oi, yah, Meatball, about dat..." he grunts. "Seems me armor decided ta take a hike early dis mornin'. Problem is, Sarge was never able ta do dat on his own before. Ya wanna call what we saw a 'dream,' dat's whatevs -- but me armor got un-corrputed in it 'fore everythin' went fecal-up. Maybe da Deevil inside it remembers what happened too an' is wantin' ta get while da gettin's good. Maybe whatever's muckin' wit' da time stream is tryin' ta tell us something. Maybe it knows somethin' we don't. Whatever, somethin' tells me his excursion ain't a coincidence an' at da very least I need ta bring it back in 'fore somethin' goes wrong and it winds up takin' someone out." He groans as he turns to Quan. So much for hoping to do this quietly. "Oi yah, not ta sound alarms, but I got a suit o' Warlock Marine armor dat's been corrupted by Deevils an' suddenly decided it needed a breath o' fresh air. Datephus got a bead on its last known direction when it left dis mornin' an' he's keepin' an ear out on da public comms, but could ya set 'im up wit' listenin' access on da security channels fer da time bein'? I wannna bring it back in on da Q-T as much as possible; an' any discretion ya can pass along me way would be greatly appreciated."

    If Quan agrees (or at least doesn't try to stop him; Icky won't be talked out of going), then he'll gear up in as much as possible with his spare suit of CAF armor and grav-pack with the phase beamer, pistol, swords, and Volcano. "I'll keep a comm channel open. Datephus, lemme know if ya pick up any mentions." He turns to Starchief. "If I get any answers I'll pass 'em on. Wit' any luck I'll have Sarge back 'ere in time fer us all ta die again..." he adds with a smirk. "Break a leg, ya mugs," he adds to the rest of the group.

    He heads down the ramp and activates his grav-pack as he heads off in the direction Datephus last saw it as it left the ship. Hang on Sarge, I'm coming.
    Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

    Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!

    ------------------------------

    - Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
    - Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
    - Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
    - Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
    User avatar
    Kaedras Starfall
    Posts: 91
    Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:47 pm

    Re: [GA] Time After Time, Part 2

    Post by Kaedras Starfall »

    pp45%1d100

    1d20
    1d100
    Juan wrote:"No, I drink my hallucinogens straight up. (And there's usually a drunk dragon flying around) This is different. Don't you remember going to the ruins? And the invasion? And then the day starting over again? Nothing?"
    Icky wrote:"Dis ain't Big Red's fault, Slim. Somethin' epic screwy's goin' on 'ere." He points to Kar. "He didn't drink nothin', but his... visions? Dreams? Memories? Whatever ya wanna call 'em, dey sync up wit' ours perfectly. I remember seein' him get snuffed by Kreeghor clones. He remembers gettin' snuffed by Kreeghor clones. Ya can't call dat coincidence."
    Kaedras listens to the two explanations and ponders a moment. It could be a jest at our expense, but they seem earnest, and there are no disparities in their tellings. It would be stupid to make a jest of this sort while we are on a mission - and I have not known them to be stupid. He looks at Juan. At least, during a mission.

    He nods. "I do not believe that we died. But I trust that you do. I shall take whatever precautions you deem essential. If truly we died once, we shall not die again."
    Juan wrote: "It was an overwhelming force that arrived the moment the planet's defenses went down. We should make sure that there isn't an invasion force waiting in orbit for the planet's defenses to drop before we enter the ruins. We do not want to be caught with our pants down... again."
    Kar wrote:"We should stay far away from that pit. We should take the fight to them. They are waiting, to, kill us. I am not in the mood to die again! Our ship was one of the first targets. We should get it in the air, so it isn't so vulnerable. Juan is right!"
    Starchief wrote: "Never mind, you're serious. Kar doesn't do jokes. So, we all fought and died and somehow came back. And the Invincible Guardsmen knew we were testing the device and came down with a precision strike. And they took out the Dime? Frak, OK.... OK. Everyone gear up. Quan, have your people do a heavy sweep of the area around Axis V via whatever sensors are available. We need to figure out where these jerks are hiding and wipe them out. Fire relic is gonna do the trick. Then we find whoever gave them our plan and put them in the deepest darkest cell imaginable. No one dies today."
    Kaedras thinks for a moment. He then turns to Kar, Juan, and Icky. "You three all remember dying. What - exactly - did we do in the pyramid? When did the enemy attack? We need to know everything."

    Assuming he is told about the chain of events - specifically that the device took both relics simultaneously, and the enemy attacked after the relics were drained - Kaedras thinks a moment.

    they had some idea of what would happen. They waited for it to occur, then moved in. We must change our actions.

    He turns to Starchief. "If indeed we died before, we must change our actions. I propose a team take the Dime Store Magic into orbit, attempt to locate the enemy and engage them. It would be helpful if we could get assistance from the others stationed on the planet who have operable combat-ready ships. I also propose we take only one relic into the pyramid - mine. If both relics are inserted, both are drained, and we shall need the fire relic for defense. So - Quan should hold back, and not enter the structure until or unless the Kreeghor make their appearance. I should go into the structure with a small support team - one or two persons, while you wait with Quan and the rest take the ship into combat."

    "Thoughts?"

    OOC Comments
    My plan is this:
    Juan pilots the DSM, with draggor as copilot and Mara as gunner.
    Kar and Kaedras enter the pyramid with the water relic.
    Starchief and Quan hang back to save the day with the fire relic if need be, rousing the planetary defenders while they wait to assist the DSM in orbital combat.
    Icky and Metri can go armor hunting as desired.

    If no one elaborates on the actions taken last cycle, Kaedras will hold his tongue, and follow orders as given.
    Kaedras Starfall
    I.S.P.: 178/178
    M.D.C.: 37/37

    Psionic Crystal Armor
    M.D.C. by Location:
    Arms: 15 each
    Legs: 22 each
    Main Body: 35
    Psionic Force Field: 70/70 (Can be used 4 times per 24 hour period without I.S.P. cost to user)
    User avatar
    Juan Echo
    Posts: 187
    Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

    Re: [GA] Time After Time, Part 2

    Post by Juan Echo »

    <Rolls carry>
    Skill Rolls
    Piloting: Star Frigate 1d100<55: [5*] = 1
    Urqos Kaedras wrote:"I do not believe that we died. But I trust that you do. I shall take whatever precautions you deem essential. If truly we died once, we shall not die again."
    Juan gives Kaedras a stern look. "This is not a matter of belief. Something happened that disrupted the fabric of space-time. Beyond the visions of our death, strange things are happening. Great powers are at play, and we need to prepare to go smash on them."
    Urqos Kaedras wrote:"You three all remember dying. What - exactly - did we do in the pyramid? When did the enemy attack? We need to know everything."
    Juan joins the others in providing the Star Elf with an abridged recount of what happened inside the temple, the attack of Axis-5, and then being overwhelmed by a familiar set of foes. They need a plan. Even if things play out differently this time, their actions could leave the planet completely defenseless. They need to be proactive.

    Fortunately, Kaedras offers a plan. Juan nods in agreement, splitting up now makes the most sense. Sniff out an attack and strike preemptively. Then the Wanderer raises his hand and says, "I can take the space whale up and check for any dropships in orbit. If I see anything we can have Urqos Drax'ikl send his fighters to engage quickly."

    He looks to Draggor. "You're new to this planet, and security is tight. You might be better off staying on board here until things get sorted out." He gives a look to the others. "He just wandered in, I didn't invite him. Not my responsibility! Calling it!"

    "I can pilot, but I will need someone on weapons." He then clasps the newcomers shoulder and leads him to the bridge. "So I'm going to need a co-pilot, I don't know what experience you have..." He gives Draggor a quick tour of the Dime Store Magic's interior, as well as a quick recounting of how Icky and Kaedras had a drunken race with space pirates the night before, or rather the night before the world rebooted.

    Sitting in the pilot's seat, Juan puts on his headphones, and pipes into the ship's radio. "This is Juan Echo, with the Dime Store Magic. We're taking off for a short patrol, you should have been notified already. We will report anything unusual we encounter, please stand by." He gives one last look at Dragor. "This is going to be crazier than that time I flew over 12 parsecs during the Kesles Mans* Run behind a ship that was on fire."

    With that he powers up the ship and takes it into orbit.

    * The Keles Mans Asteroid Ring is a popular racing location in the Thundercloud Galaxy. Once every 10 years there is 60 hour race, or run, where pilots jockey to see how many laps they can do around the belt before their ships crash. And every ship crashes in the end. The winner gets a cash prize and bragging rights. Surviving is considered winning in its own right, and worth bragging rights.
    Status: Juan Echo
    M.D.C.: 300/300
    P.P.E.: 50/50
    I.S.P.: 76/76

    May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
    User avatar
    Dark Lord
    Dimension Master
    Posts: 640
    Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
    Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

    Re: [GA] Time After Time, Part 2

    Post by Dark Lord »

    With everyone returned, the discussion of the… day’s(?) events continues. As Juan and the others provide additional details and fill in the blanks between their respective memories, even the skeptics among you begin experiencing odd flashes back to the first loop. Just images, really, and not enough to form a coherent picture of events, but enough to note a sense of familiarity with the others’ accounts (albeit minus any violent deaths). Before too long, you’re all convinced that your teammates aren’t going insane. That still leaves the team with two decisions to make- one concerning Draggor, and one concerning the imminent future. Draggor’s fate is resolved easily enough; he answers the team’s questions clearly and honestly, and seems little more than another alien refugee looking for escape from a tough situation. Plus, if the armaments are to be believed, he can handle himself in a fight. He knows nothing of the time loop of which the others speak, but does mention an unusual anomaly he encountered during rift travel just prior to his arrival on Axis. Despite being too hungover for all this, Starchief signs off and Kar relents on his paranoia and tells Draggor to reclaim his weapons. For better or worse, the strange alien is now riding with the Galactic Adventurers.

    The issue of the time loops is a little thornier, and Quan watches silently as the rest of you discuss events of which he has no memory and try to make a plan for preventing them. Starchief wearily consults Champion, but the rune sword has little to offer beyond a pep talk and some general strategic advice. The group does quickly come to a consensus on a few things- Quan and the fire relic should be held in reserve, the Dime Store Magic should be lifted off before it can be destroyed, that every effort must be made to identify the source(s) of the Necrol drop pods (and, ideally, eliminated before they can launch), and (most importantly) that you’re going to need all the help you can get. Starchief hasn’t forgotten about the likely possibility of a traitor in your midst, but doesn’t see what you can do about that now and so remains silent on the subject.

    Kaedras finally decides to add his brains to the operation and proposes a plan- Juan will assume command of the ship, taking Draggor and Mara along with him to search the planet’s orbit for any Necrol ships. Starchief addresses Quan and asks if he can persuade the pirates to assist in a heavy sweep of the area around the planet, to which he replies ”In my experience, Drax and his boys don’t respond well to orders while they’re hungover. But I’m sure that if some of their new drinking buddies ask him for a hand they’ll oblige.” He gives a deliberate wink at those of the crew that still appear to be nursing a hangover. Meanwhile, Icky is interested in tracking down his armor, but having no ready means to do so Metri volunteers to aid him. ”The armor’s psychic scent. Track it I can, perhaps. A ride I will hitch, hmmm…?” He adds, before hopping onto his traditional place on Icky’s back. Finally, Kar will accompany Kaedras into the temple site to activate the water relic, while Quan remains outside the pocket dimension with the fire relic (and any other defenses) ready to go and Starchief guarding his body. With a sideways glance at the Seeronian, Quan adds in a sly tone ”…maybe I’ll speak to the Commandant myself.” Is he grinning? It’s so hard to tell with Uteni, and their lack of mouths.

    Despite his reservations about returning to the alien ruins, Kar agrees to the plan. As does Juan, no doubt prompting a humorous reaction from Starchief at the prospect of once again giving command of his ship up to the Godling. The others are fine, with Mara leaving to do a full sweep of the ship and returning later. ”So… we’re just gonna ignore the fact that Aoife and all her gear is missing? You guys remember her riding out with us, then getting sick at dinner last light right? I mean, it’s like she was never here- isn’t there anything we can do about that?”

    Juan, Draggor, and Mara have an opportunity to try and rouse the pirates before heading into orbit. Many are still asleep in the bar, including Drax, and he will resist any attempts at waking him from his sweet, sweet slumber. Unless, of course, the possibility of an imminent attack is mentioned, at which point his eyes will shoot open and he will demand stims. And lots of them. An hour later, those pirate ships (and pirate pilots) that are serviceable will rise into the upper atmosphere, following the Dime Store Magic with Juan at the helm. While the easygoing appears to completely trust his new companion, Draggor finds himself a little wary in the unfamiliar surroundings. As if, this crew was a little too quick to trust him so much, and it’s all a big trap to get him back into servitude. Still, their need seems genuine enough, if a bit nonsensical, so he tries to put himself at ease at his bridge station. Mara, meanwhile, has slipped down to one of the gunner’s stations on the lower decks, and has yet to make a peep the entire voyage. You arrive in lower orbit around 1300 hours local time- if events play out as they did before, the Necrol ship(s) (or whatever they are) should be arriving in one hour.

    Icky and Metri then go hunting for Sarge, Icky’s wayward (and still-corrupted) power armor. Initially, Metri has no problem following the armor- the distinct psychic scent, when away from the ship and other large sources of magical energy, is very much reminiscent of deevil, and easy enough for the Yhabbayar to play the bloodhound. The trail leads straight through the Atorian section of camp- detouring to avoid the section full of slumbering troopers, but otherwise headed straight towards the ley line nexus. Icky’s hopes begin to sink as it becomes clear that was Sarge’s intended destination, and as you get close to the nexus Metri reports that its power is washing out the psychic scent left behind, even one so pernicious as a deevil’s. Despairing of following the trail further, Icky casts about. The good news is, you can see all the way to the nexus. It, and much of the surrounding terrain, is flat and so you can see for miles, and there is no sign of your missing armor. By around 1300 hours, you’re ready to give up the search, but as you approach the nexus for one last check you spot some grass bent at a severe angle- a track. Definitely hoof-like, and in the absence of anything that looks like a very, very distant relative of yours grazing on the environs, possibly one left by Sarge. It’s hard to tell for sure, but you think it might not be heading in the direction of the nexus. The only other terrain feature that isn’t many miles away is a range of hills- south of the nexus and southwest of the FWC base. They’re not too far from camp, and you suppose they could hold a cave or two big enough to hide Sarge, but you can’t for the life of you figure out why he’d walk to the nexus and then double back headed for seemingly nowhere. Unless this track is the red herring, and Sarge somehow escaped the planet at the nexus…

    Kar, Kaedras, and Starchief accompany Quan back to the ruin site. Along the way, Quan hops on the comms. and contacts the Atorian commandant, Torrigan. ”Hello, commandant. Tran here. Listen, we may have a bit of a situation here- got some intel about an imminent attack. Gear up your forces and tell them to get ready, got it? Great, Tran out.” If prompted, he’ll make the same call to Drax (but is greeted with a great deal more profanity of Quan is the one to wake him up). The Uteni also rouses his bodyguards, and tells them to set up just outside the entrance to the ruins. After giving Quan a little time to make his calls, you arrive around 1245 or 1300 hours. Of the three of you, Kar’s recollection of events is the clearest, and by his reckoning you’re about an hour “late” relative to last time. Kar and Kaedras brace yourselves as you’re about to head inside, whereupon Quan asks an question in an idle tone of voice. ”By the way- Thraxus sent you here to test that thing, right? But… if what you say is true, you pretty much already did, right? Are you sure you even need to go in there again?”

    What are you doing?
    Why kill a PC when you can torture their player?
    ImageImageImageImage
    User avatar
    Kar Fallax
    Posts: 37
    Joined: Mon May 18, 2020 7:02 am

    Re: [GA] Time After Time, Part 2

    Post by Kar Fallax »

    Perception: 1d100: [22] = 22 vs 24%
    JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19 and 1d100: [1] = 1

    Dark Lord wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:42 am ”By the way- Thraxus sent you here to test that thing, right? But… if what you say is true, you pretty much already did, right? Are you sure you even need to go in there again?”


    Kar looks at the uteni in surprise, Finally, some sense. He turns to Kaedras and says, "He makes a great point. We don't need to go down their. We don't need to test it again. We don't need to die again! Kar chuffs, Please elf, continue to show the spark of intelligence I saw at the ship.

    Then Kar considers for a moment, "What if using it is what brings them here? Maybe it is the relic causing the problem. What harm would it do to wait? We can scour the system for anyone hiding, take a day or so. We can place forces in strategic locations, then, maybe, try it again." Is this fear? No, I'm not afraid of anything. This is common sense. Why rush into death again?

    Kar turns to Quan, "Have the people on this planet every experienced lapses in time before?" The simian is at a total loss, battles I can fight, My foe in front of me. This. This is madness. He shakes his head then looks into the pyramid. "I will go in. If you say we must." He turns looking to Kaedras for an answer.
    User avatar
    Kaedras Starfall
    Posts: 91
    Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:47 pm

    Re: [GA] Time After Time, Part 2

    Post by Kaedras Starfall »

    Perception 45% 1d100: [13] = 13

    JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2
    JIC: 1d100: [41] = 41

    Kaedras, pleased to see the team jump on his suggested plan, heads to the pyramid with Quan, an eerie sense of deja vu mounting with each step. By the time he reaches the entrance, he definitely feels as if he has done this before.

    Perhaps what they say is true - though I have no memory of dying... this all feels quite unnaturally familiar.
    Quan wrote:”By the way- Thraxus sent you here to test that thing, right? But… if what you say is true, you pretty much already did, right? Are you sure you even need to go in there again?”
    Kar wrote:"He makes a great point. We don't need to go down their. We don't need to test it again. We don't need to die again! What if using it is what brings them here? Maybe it is the relic causing the problem. What harm would it do to wait? We can scour the system for anyone hiding, take a day or so. We can place forces in strategic locations, then, maybe, try it again."
    Kaedras nods. "I believe using it is what presaged the attack, which is why I initially held Captain Quan back, so that his fire relic would not be drained. But Captain Quan does make an interesting point. As long as one of us can recount for Thraxus what occurred with the water relic, there is no need to test it - again - at this particular moment."

    "I suggest that we wait until we hear from the Dime Store Magic and the other planetary defenders. If they tell us the enemy have been routed, we can try the relic again. If they cannot find the enemy... we will be faced with a choice. Leave this trap to be sprung another day, or use the water relic to draw them out."

    "For now, waiting seems advisable."
    Kaedras Starfall
    I.S.P.: 178/178
    M.D.C.: 37/37

    Psionic Crystal Armor
    M.D.C. by Location:
    Arms: 15 each
    Legs: 22 each
    Main Body: 35
    Psionic Force Field: 70/70 (Can be used 4 times per 24 hour period without I.S.P. cost to user)
    User avatar
    Juan Echo
    Posts: 187
    Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

    Re: [GA] Time After Time, Part 2

    Post by Juan Echo »

    Perception 1d100<27: [35] = 0
    JiC 1d20: [2] = 2 / 1d100: [90] = 90
    Urqos Quan wrote:"In my experience, Drax and his boys don’t respond well to orders while they’re hungover. But I’m sure that if some of their new drinking buddies ask him for a hand they’ll oblige."
    Before taking off in the Dimestore Magic, Juan casually strides into the bar where he left Drax'ikl and his band of space pirates dozing off last(?) night's drinking. "Urqos Drax! We have intel on an incoming TGE invasion fleet! I'm going into orbit to confirm and could use backup."

    If Drax'ikl needs more goading, Juan will say, "My sources aren't great, but I bet you we find something. Say, a cask of your strongest clear liquid against a cask of what the Priest and I have been distilling on the ship."
    But before going to the bar, Urqos Mara wrote:"So… we’re just gonna ignore the fact that Aoife and all her gear is missing? You guys remember her riding out with us, then getting sick at dinner last light right? I mean, it’s like she was never here- isn’t there anything we can do about that?”"
    Juan stops and tries to remember Aofie. Short, blonde, soldier. Was she related to Urqos Chief. He gives a curious look. "Her? Didn't she disappear on Seeron? This is the second time? Huh."

    Juan shrugs off the crew's high turnover; Draggor is now co-pilot. They take the Dime Store Magic up, and the Wanderer looks at the ship's radar. A fleet of pirates chasing behind, and they weren't out for his blood. "Yup. This is definitely one of the weirder missions I've been on."

    If they encounter the TGE invading fleet again, Juan will radio back to the planet what he sees. He will then call on Drax'ikl, and put them in a defensive formation. He doesn't want to attack until he knows what he is facing in the air - they could have fighters of their own, ready for a dogfight; or it could just be a landing party comprised largely of drop pods. Regardless, Juan does not want to relive, or die again, this day.
    Status: Juan Echo
    M.D.C.: 300/300
    P.P.E.: 50/50
    I.S.P.: 76/76

    May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
    User avatar
    Draggor
    Posts: 13
    Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:07 pm

    Re: [GA] Time After Time, Part 2

    Post by Draggor »

    Perception: 1d100: [42] = 42 | 21%
    JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13 | 1d100: [15] = 15
    Co-pilot DSM: 1d100: [82] = 82 | 69%
    Juan wrote:He looks to Draggor. "You're new to this planet, and security is tight. You might be better off staying on board here until things get sorted out." He gives a look to the others. "He just wandered in, I didn't invite him. Not my responsibility! Calling it!"
    "I'm just lucky to walk through the holes then?" The slightest expansion of a little smirk follows. Juan's reaction to supposed responsibility is a curiosity that will require further investigation.
    Juan wrote:"I can pilot, but I will need someone on weapons." He then clasps the newcomers shoulder and leads him to the bridge. "So I'm going to need a co-pilot, I don't know what experience you have..." He gives Draggor a quick tour of the Dime Store Magic's interior, as well as a quick recounting of how Icky and Kaedras had a drunken race with space pirates the night before, or rather the night before the world rebooted.
    Draggor's head and gaze follows the hand that makes it to his shoulder, staying there a few seconds after Juan continues on, with the creature taking two quick steps to catch up. "Can pilot. Most used to military ships, escaped on several." The controls probably aren't an exact match to anything used prior, but with Juan's help, the parallels are drawn and a modest amount of comfort to fly is gained. Co-pilot already? Could have some fun y'know. Hush, we're lucky enough as is we haven't been shot. They might learn that party trick soon enough.
    Juan wrote:Sitting in the pilot's seat, Juan puts on his headphones, and pipes into the ship's radio. "This is Juan Echo, with the Dime Store Magic. We're taking off for a short patrol, you should have been notified already. We will report anything unusual we encounter, please stand by." He gives one last look at Dragor. "This is going to be crazier than that time I flew over 12 parsecs during the Kesles Mans* Run behind a ship that was on fire."
    "Crazier would be this ship on fire, and let's not get there." Hush, we're lucky enough, remember? Whatever this group is, there's no shortage of things going on, all vying for attention, yet there doesn't seem to be a sense of chaos. Well, no, there's chaos, but they seem to be rather comfortable by all of it. Or it's still that Draggor's bell was so heavily rung from that jump that soon senses will fully regain, and the true nature of this crew's shared madness will become apparent. Relax, if it's going to go wrong, at least this time you'll have allies. How comforting. Now, please let me concentrate. Don't forget to buckle up! ...thanks.. Since this very well could be a bumpy ride, Draggor ensures flailing about won't be a problem.

    As for managing the controls, Draggor is doing everything possible to learn where every possible alert and monitoring system is, especially anything related to shields and incoming attacks. "Are there any auto maneuver programs I should be aware of? And... please tell me full manual is a rare necessity?" As much crash course learning happens as Juan is willing to give it, and in all likelihood is to be interrupted by something beeping or blaring soon. The last thing the being tries to figure out is, should things fully go wrong up in the sky, the quickest path for leaving the ship, be it through opening that cargo bay door and jumping out, or finding an escape pod, or, worst case, a spot to blast a hole in the ship's hull as a last resort.

    "Juan, how do you handle death?" The question had a lot of context in Draggor's head, which is realized after a beat or two, "I mean, per your crew's standards, when do you use lethal force?"
    Draggor
    M.D.C.: 1,349 / 1,349
    P.P.E.: 89 / 89
    User avatar
    Chef Icky
    Diamond Level Patron
    Diamond Level Patron
    Posts: 355
    Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
    Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers
    Contact:

    Re: [GA] Time After Time, Part 2

    Post by Chef Icky »

    Perception: 1d100<55: [90] = 0
    JIC: 1d20: [5] = 5 / 1d100: [39] = 39
    Dark Lord wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:42 amIcky and Metri then go hunting for Sarge, Icky’s wayward (and still-corrupted) power armor. Initially, Metri has no problem following the armor- the distinct psychic scent, when away from the ship and other large sources of magical energy, is very much reminiscent of deevil, and easy enough for the Yhabbayar to play the bloodhound. The trail leads straight through the Atorian section of camp- detouring to avoid the section full of slumbering troopers, but otherwise headed straight towards the ley line nexus. Icky’s hopes begin to sink as it becomes clear that was Sarge’s intended destination, and as you get close to the nexus Metri reports that its power is washing out the psychic scent left behind, even one so pernicious as a deevil’s. Despairing of following the trail further, Icky casts about. The good news is, you can see all the way to the nexus. It, and much of the surrounding terrain, is flat and so you can see for miles, and there is no sign of your missing armor. By around 1300 hours, you’re ready to give up the search, but as you approach the nexus for one last check you spot some grass bent at a severe angle- a track. Definitely hoof-like, and in the absence of anything that looks like a very, very distant relative of yours grazing on the environs, possibly one left by Sarge. It’s hard to tell for sure, but you think it might not be heading in the direction of the nexus. The only other terrain feature that isn’t many miles away is a range of hills- south of the nexus and southwest of the FWC base. They’re not too far from camp, and you suppose they could hold a cave or two big enough to hide Sarge, but you can’t for the life of you figure out why he’d walk to the nexus and then double back headed for seemingly nowhere. Unless this track is the red herring, and Sarge somehow escaped the planet at the nexus…
    Icky drifts along as fast as his grav-pack will allow, letting Metri guide the way and trying not to say to much out of the fear of distracting him. When the trail goes cold within close proximity to the nexus and Metri can't track him any longer, his sense of frustration mounts. I wonder if Big D might be able to shed some light on things... he things to himself as he casts about looking for any trace of Sarge.

    He drops to one knee to implore Dionysus for aid, and that's when he sees it. "Oi, Boog, whaddya reckon we got 'ere..." he mutters as he bends down for a better look. "Looks like a big hoof mark. Fairly heavy. But why would Sarge make a buzz-line fer da nexus only ta double back an' trot away from it?" He raises up and with a slick prickle at the base of his skull, his gaze expands to take in wavelengths that are normally invisible to the mortal eye (OOC: using See the Invisible; 1 min/lvl, 4 I.S.P.)

    After looking around to see what he can see, he looks down at his chronometer before glancing over at Metri. "Well chum, looks like we're gettin' close ta when da felgercarb originally hit da fan. Da way I see it is we got two options. One, Sarge made it into da nexus an' unless yer trackin' chops can reach across dimensions 'e's da one dat got away. Two, Sarge pulled an Albuquerque an' literally headed fer da hills... which means we still gotta chance at trackin' 'im down. So let's hope Sarge opted fer da latter an' we find 'im 'fore da goon squads show up again. Shall we?"

    He gathers Metri back up and starts heading off towards the hills in the distance. "Oi, if ya can pick up da scent again lemme know an' we'll fly da rest o' da way."
    Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

    Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!

    ------------------------------

    - Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
    - Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
    - Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
    - Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
    User avatar
    Kar Fallax
    Posts: 37
    Joined: Mon May 18, 2020 7:02 am

    Re: [GA] Time After Time, Part 2

    Post by Kar Fallax »

    Kar Fallax wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:58 pm Perception: 1d100: [22] = 22 vs 24%
    JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19 and 1d100: [1] = 1
    Kaedras Starfall wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:07 am Kaedras nods. "I believe using it is what presaged the attack, which is why I initially held Captain Quan back, so that his fire relic would not be drained. But Captain Quan does make an interesting point. As long as one of us can recount for Thraxus what occurred with the water relic, there is no need to test it - again - at this particular moment."


    Kar watches the Elf's facial expression while he talks, Is that understanding? Hmm, the elf is proving himself to be one of the more sensible of the team, again. Solid reasoning. Maybe my first impression was off. But still, that Juan, party boy. And "captain can't keep it in his pants", hmm. Time will tell.

    Kaedras Starfall wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:07 am"I suggest that we wait until we hear from the Dime Store Magic and the other planetary defenders. If they tell us the enemy have been routed, we can try the relic again. If they cannot find the enemy... we will be faced with a choice. Leave this trap to be sprung another day, or use the water relic to draw them out."

    "For now, waiting seems advisable."


    Kar chuffs with a deep scrunch in his nose, "I would not draw these particular foes out. Their abilities were uncanny." He nods slowly in thought, "I am a warrior, trained, true. I was unable to even strike them in any way. It was as if, they already knew what I was about to do." Kar considers his statement to Kaedras, Did they know? Was that not the first time? The thought that he may be stuck in a time loop and only know just starting to realize it raise the skin under his fur in goose bumps. Could we have been through this more times than we remember?

    He looks at Kaedras and cocks his head, Is this a dream? So many unusual things going on.

    "Yes, Waiting is best. I am glad you agree."
    User avatar
    Starchief
    Group Leader
    Posts: 482
    Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
    Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)
    Contact:

    Re: [GA] Time After Time, Part 2

    Post by Starchief »

    Perception: 1d100: [23] = 23 /62%
    JIC: 1d20: [16] = 16 / 1d100: [48] = 48
    Quan's words reach Starchief's ears and get him thinking. "Wait, you're absolutely right. If through this time loop everyone is sure happened, we tested the Water Relic, then we have what we need. But if we know that the Guardsmen are out there, we need to bring them down before we move on. We'll continue with our plan of sending the DSM up with backup to find the opposition and take care of them and wait here with the Fire Relic in case we need that kind of power. Report back as soon as you've found something, Dime."

    Starchief breathes a sigh of relief as things begin to go according to some sort of plan. Except the part where Juan has my ship. Better not be any more 'soup' in my d'ast quarters again.
    Kar Fallax wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:15 am Kar chuffs with a deep scrunch in his nose, "I would not draw these particular foes out. Their abilities were uncanny." He nods slowly in thought, "I am a warrior, trained, true. I was unable to even strike them in any way. It was as if, they already knew what I was about to do."

    Starchief sidles up to Kar and claps a hand on his shoulder. "When we fought them last, they were able to fight like I fight. I think they learn from each encounter and exist only to see us fail. They will never succeed. Because now that we know they're coming, Time is on our side."
    Starchief
    Andra "Starchief" Sekona
    the Shield of Seeron

    MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

    Saving Throw Bonuses:
    Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
    Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
    Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


    Image
    Ledger
    User avatar
    Dark Lord
    Dimension Master
    Posts: 640
    Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
    Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

    Re: [GA] Time After Time, Part 2

    Post by Dark Lord »

    For once, things more or less are going according to plan. You all break into smaller groups to take care of various tasks, casting wary glances into the sky as you do so in anticipation of some serious death from above. Juan goes to roust Drax, and the effort does not take much- even hungover, the pirates are aching for a fight. After Mara’s nagging, recollections of Aoife tug at his mind but the godling dismisses them. They have bigger fish to fry at the moment. With Mara (and Datephus) manning the ship’s weapons systems, Juan and Draggor slide into the pilot’s and co-pilot’s chairs, respectively, and before too long the Dime Store Magic is once again leading a squadron of dilapidated pirate ships into higher orbit above the ruin site. Draggor discovers that the control layout is intuitive enough, though not at all conforming to galactic standards. Still, it takes him but a moment to adjust. His queries on a manual and any automatic maneuvering programs go unanswered while Juan is concentrating on keeping the ship aloft. Eventually, Draggor will be able to deduce (or is told) that this vessel is in fact one of the famous magical ships of the United Worlds of Warlock. He’s never heard of one with some sort of computerized voice operating, but as the thing runs on magical power it’s likely best to expect the unexpected. They probably don’t deal in anything as pedestrian as operating manuals, however. Or escape pods, you can’t help but notice with a small sinking feeling.

    You arrive in position above the ruins, and find nothing. No sign of the ley line storm or the meteors from yesterday’s race, no sign of any ships- Necrol, TGE, or otherwise. As neither of the pilots has the aptitude to run an in-depth sensor sweep, Mara clambers up from the gunnery station and makes a few quick passes before confirming that there are no contacts (beyond what you brought up with you), and no signs of any anomalies. Datephus will also be able to confirm those readings, for whatever it’s worth. So, you sit and wait for an hour. Juan (and those of you with clearer recollections of the events of the previous loop) will remember that the team exited the ruins at about 1400 hours.

    On the ground, things generally go similarly. Quan’s question prompts some thought from Starchief, Kar, and Kaedras, and the guardsman agrees that his recollection is likely good enough to satisfy Thraxus. The water relic, when activated, performed some sort of broad-based healing magic that restored both physical and psychological injuries, and reverted Icky’s corrupted power armor to its pre-corrupted state. At the cost of draining both relics present. While the three of you realize that drawing out the attackers is important, Kaedras and the rest of you decide to wait and see what Juan finds before activating anything. Kar mentions that he is none too thrilled at the prospect of fighting the super soldiers again, and Starchief confirms from his own experience how difficult and tenacious they are.

    As the time of reckoning approaches, tension rises. All of your allied forces are on high alert- Quan’s bodyguards and about 50 of the FWC line infantry have taken defensive positions within the base perimeter. The pirates and the Atorians are both holding their respective quarters of camp, awaiting additional instructions. More than one person is getting impatient, and the longer this goes on the more the risks of sloppiness- or an “incident” increase. Hearts pound as you anxiously scan the skies for signs of the super-soldiers, and grips tighten on weapons. Still, nothing. Kar on the ground, and Juan in orbit, are the most attuned to the previous timeline, and are well aware (along with anyone you tell) that 1400 was the point of no return last time. The anxiety and adrenaline spike as you approach that time, then… Still nothing. You wait a little longer, giving it until 1430 hours, and still no sign of the Necrols or anyone else in orbit, in the sky, or on the ground. At that time, Quan begins getting communiques from the FWC, as well as a few impatient messages on comms from the pirates. Even Torrigan shows up, with a couple dozen Atorian troopers fully outfitted, and makes for Quan’s position. ”Commander Tran, do you have any contacts with the enemy yet?” As she arrives, she signals for her women (and a couple of men) to take positions alongside the other defenders huddled around the ruins’ entrance. She waits expectantly for an answer from Quan, but manages to slip a wink to Starchief at one point.

    In contrast to the excitement back at camp, Icky doesn’t have much of a trail to follow.
    Chef Icky wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:43 pm"Oi, Boog, whaddya reckon we got 'ere..." he mutters as he bends down for a better look. "Looks like a big hoof mark. Fairly heavy. But why would Sarge make a buzz-line fer da nexus only ta double back an' trot away from it?"
    Metri inspects the tracks, strokes his chin, and makes a few thoughtful gargles in the back of his throat. ”Hm… Very strange this is, yes. Nexus, could be. Intelligence, also could be. Hm…” Icky uses see the invisible and scans the area again- and again finds nothing. That settles it. Icky deduces two probable destinations. As he has zero chance of tracking Sarge through a rift, the minotaur decides to hold out hope that his armor is still on this planet, and heads for the hills. And back in the direction of camp. With nothing further to add, Metri resumes his place and you move out.

    About hour after you leave the nexus behind, Metri reports picking up Sarge’s trail again, and confirms that it is headed for the hills in the distance. You take back to the air, but it isn’t long before Metri reports losing the scent again. Hard to say why, but as you get closer to the hills (and potential caves therein) you also draw closer to the ruins. With all the other funky stuff that is happening there, it’s not out of line to assume that it would have an effect on psychic scents similar to a ley line. Regardless, you’re only a mile or so northwest of the hills at this point- close enough that you might as well hoof it the rest of the way and give the place a once-over. The area is all unassuming wilderness- the base (and ruins) above you are built into the top of an escarpment that a quick survey reveals is unbroken. The terrain around the base of the cliff is a little rougher- a few very big hills, and lots of nooks and crannies big enough to hold a suit of armor. Icky’s about to give up the search when Metri, who had been meditating with his eyes closed, abruptly points Icky around one steep curve. There, nestled in-between a couple of hill faces, is a small cavern- practically an alcove.

    Sarge is there, standing silently at attention. A thin, dark-haired human is standing before the powered armor, touching Sarge’s left arm with one hand and staring into its “eyes.” At your approach, the man starts and turns, raising his hands if you point a weapon at him. He looks at you, wide-eyed and a little wild-eyed. Icky doesn’t know the man, but Metri identifies him as Corvin Decker, the visiting VP from Naruni with whom the Yhabbayar dined the previous evening. ”More than you seem, you are, hmmm?” Metri accuses, pointing a finger at Decker. Decker for his part, addresses Icky and merely says ”Wait! I am not your enemy. I am here…” he jerks a thumb at Sarge ”…we, are here- to find some answers.” If Icky relents, Metri will follow his lead but keep a steely-eyed gaze on the man. Assuming he doesn’t open fire, Decker looks you both up and down, licks his lips nervously, and slowly (if you let him) eases his hands back down. Any insistence that he leave his hands up will be met with an annoyed grimace but nothing more. Should you examine Sarge, everything will appear normal.

    When he is allowed to speak, Decker will look Icky in the eyes, and say ”You’re from that ship. Tell me… are you, or any of your crew, experiencing particularly acute déjà vu today?” Metri stiffens fractionally at the mention, but tries not to let it show.

    It is now 1430 hours local time. What are you doing?
    Why kill a PC when you can torture their player?
    ImageImageImageImage
    User avatar
    Kar Fallax
    Posts: 37
    Joined: Mon May 18, 2020 7:02 am

    Re: [GA] Time After Time, Part 2

    Post by Kar Fallax »

    Perception: 1d100: [9] = 9 vs 24%
    JIC: 1d20: [11] = 11 and 1d100: [45] = 45

    When they get a half hour past 1400 Kar sighs, "We are alive." He smiles, "I think it is clear, not using that stone is a good thing." Kar looks around at all the soldiers around, at least we were prepared this time.

    Lowing his rifle and relaxing slightly he says, "Should we return to the ship now?" Inside he holds hope that the elf and Quan will not suggest drawing "these" enemies out. We should know more first. Drawing them out will not provide us the required and relevant information we need to make a strategic plan. He fur stand up on his neck as he remembers the moment of his death, I should not fear death, and I don't. I do not welcome it either.

    "Maybe they have a way to detect the stones use from outside the system." Kar muses out loud, "we can't assume that because they are not in sensor range that they are not waiting."
    Last edited by Kar Fallax on Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
    User avatar
    Juan Echo
    Posts: 187
    Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

    Re: [GA] Time After Time, Part 2

    Post by Juan Echo »

    Perception 1d100<27: [37] = 0
    JiC 1d20: [6] = 6 / 1d100: [42] = 42
    Urqos Draggor wrote:"Crazier would be this ship on fire, and let's not get there... How comforting. Now, please let me concentrate... Thanks"
    "Right there," Juan replies non-nonchalantly, but his head slowly turns to his co-pilot with a curious look. "I suppose we do want to avoid catching fire. I don't want to wreck our space whale. Again. In 24 hours."

    He wonders what is the new-comer's deal. Everyone on the ship has some sort of baggage on top of the usual baggage a mercenary carries. His pattern of talking hinted at an altered perception of reality. Psionic? Nah. This would be easier to figure out if Joni was here. Judging from what he has said so far, Draggor definitely see that he knows something about combat. He carries it, differently yes, but he knows how to fight and is ready for one. It seems to go beyond simply being on the run from slavers, he asks the questions a mercenary would ask when joining a new squad.
    Urqos Draggor wrote:"Are there any auto maneuver programs I should be aware of? And... please tell me full manual is a rare necessity?"
    "The Space Whale is pretty good of maneuvering on its own, but a pilot and co-pilot are essential for combat. It also responds to voice commands, it prefers to be called... something. (Can't remember off the top of my head.) Go ahead and ask it something!"
    Urqos Draggor wrote:"Juan, how do you handle death? I mean, per your crew's standards, when do you use lethal force?"
    "Fair enough. We often fight against enemies that do not give us the choice. But we're not a pack of feral beasts that would attack unprovoked or prey on the defenseless. To quote the great philosopher Urqos Little: 'A man has to have a code.'"

    Juan looks back at his console. No sign of the ships yet. This is a little surprising, Juan had expected that the invading fleet was hovering somewhere nearby waiting for the planet's defenses to go down. The timing of the attack the first time was too perfect. Did they get lucky, and just happen to land at the exact moment the planet's defenses were down? Juan gives the sensors a rudimentary look, and continues to wait.
    Status: Juan Echo
    M.D.C.: 300/300
    P.P.E.: 50/50
    I.S.P.: 76/76

    May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
    User avatar
    Kaedras Starfall
    Posts: 91
    Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:47 pm

    Re: [GA] Time After Time, Part 2

    Post by Kaedras Starfall »

    Perception 45% 1d100: [60] = 60

    JIC: 1d20: [11] = 11
    JIC: 1d100: [84] = 84
    Kar wrote:"I would not draw these particular foes out. Their abilities were uncanny."
    Kaedras nods. "They are, indeed. However, we shall have to fight them sooner or later. They want our relics, and we cannot allow that. Still, we should take all necessary steps to ensure the fight is on our terms, not theirs."

    After an hour or so, Kaedras notes Kar's relief.
    Kar wrote:"We are alive. I think it is clear, not using that stone is a good thing."
    We must be past the point at which the previous... alternate timeline? ... attack occurred.
    Kar wrote:"Should we return to the ship now? Maybe they have a way to detect the stones use from outside the system. We can't assume that because they are not in sensor range that they are not waiting."
    Kaedras turns and studies Kar Fallax's face intently for a moment. "You have much wisdom, Master Kar. They must have some sensors in place - or a spy on the ground - to determine when the stones have been activated. Perhaps even inside the system. We shall maintain position until we hear from the Dime Store Magic, however."

    With that, he radios the ship.

    "This is Kaedras to the Dime Store Magic. Our companion Kar suggests that there may be some sort of sensor array to tell the enemy when the relics have been activated. Can you search the system for it?" He turns to Captain Quan. "Likewise - our allies should query their fellows, and do a search of the compound and immediate environs for potential means for the enemy to have known when the relics were - or would be - activated."

    Turning back to Kar, he states, "While I am indeed glad we are alive, that is a temporary status - the trap awaits prey, and we cannot leave until it is disabled. I shall await word from Quan's allies and from the Dime Store Magic."

    "But rest easy, Master Kar. If we are unable to determine how the enemy sense the relics' use, we should not activate them."
    Kaedras Starfall
    I.S.P.: 178/178
    M.D.C.: 37/37

    Psionic Crystal Armor
    M.D.C. by Location:
    Arms: 15 each
    Legs: 22 each
    Main Body: 35
    Psionic Force Field: 70/70 (Can be used 4 times per 24 hour period without I.S.P. cost to user)
    User avatar
    Draggor
    Posts: 13
    Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:07 pm

    Re: [GA] Time After Time, Part 2

    Post by Draggor »

    Perception: 1d100: [84] = 84 | 21%
    JIC: 1d20: 1d20: [2] = 2 | 1d100: [89] = 89
    Juan wrote:"I suppose we do want to avoid catching fire. I don't want to wreck our space whale. Again. In 24 hours."
    Continued commentary on the fact that not only several crew have already died, but that this ship was destroyed as well, gnaws away at Draggor. This isn't the first time something otherwise inexplicable has happened, but alongside the rift and appearing in media res to this mission is too much coincidence. Stop dwelling and learn this console! The motions of scanning the controls and various indicators is habitual for sure, just like asking about a manual. That the ship seems to be somewhat autonomous is good, less to learn up front. This explains it eating people.
    Juan wrote:"It also responds to voice commands, it prefers to be called... something. (Can't remember off the top of my head.) Go ahead and ask it something!"
    "Space Whale, what do you wish to be called?" Draggor asks out loud. Manners seem like a good idea dealing with a ship that could eat you, yes. Something is wrong with the console and controls. They're familiar. They deviate in ways that a ship unique as this might. But something else is amiss.
    Juan wrote:"Fair enough. We often fight against enemies that do not give us the choice. But we're not a pack of feral beasts that would attack unprovoked or prey on the defenseless. To quote the great philosopher Urqos Little: 'A man has to have a code.'"
    This was less specific than we were hoping for. I think they're preoccupied with not dying. Fair. The being responds to Juan, "Any code other than survival is a luxury. Chaos burns morals brightly." The accent for this is different, clearly not learned while being a combat slave, and the tone comes across as a warning for what might be lurking out there. The being reaches out as if to point to one of the consoles, only to stop halfway there. What is that symbol? You really don't know? Do we? Draggor appears frozen until the coms light up.
    Kaedras wrote:"This is Kaedras to the Dime Store Magic. Our companion Kar suggests that there may be some sort of sensor array to tell the enemy when the relics have been activated. Can you search the system for it?"
    Assuming the ship has responded with how it likes to be addressed, that is used in place of Space Whale: "Space Whale, can you search for any detection systems?" The hand is withdrawn while waiting for the ship to respond. ...we don't remember. Not that symbol, nor any others. Draggor's eyes briefly brighten again alongside a moment of frustrated tensing. With a sigh, focus is attempted again. "Juan, this control scheme is different. If I have to do something quickly, say the shape and location of the control." Think he bought it?
    Last edited by Draggor on Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Draggor
    M.D.C.: 1,349 / 1,349
    P.P.E.: 89 / 89
    User avatar
    Kar Fallax
    Posts: 37
    Joined: Mon May 18, 2020 7:02 am

    Re: [GA] Time After Time, Part 2

    Post by Kar Fallax »

    Kar Fallax wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:15 am Perception: 1d100: [9] = 9 vs 24%
    JIC: 1d20: [11] = 11 and 1d100: [45] = 45
    Kaedras Starfall wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:20 am "But rest easy, Master Kar. If we are unable to determine how the enemy sense the relics' use, we should not activate them."


    Kar takes a moment and suddenly realizes that the group is missing an important aspect of their current predicament. "Kaedras, we have yet to question something that seems to me maybe even more important. Why are we alive? Or better yet, how? I mean, if it wasn't a dream or a premonition, and I died as some of the others did. Then what brought us back? And why?

    Kar sighs, This is more than just a un unsprang trap. He looks back and forth between Quan and Kaedras, "Neither of you have any recollection of the incidence?" Kar continues to try to piece the puzzle together, We died but are alive, to relive the time we died in. Some remember and some don't. We have changed the coming events so the time line is not fixed. If, it is even a time line.

    "We have many questions to answer. Not just the ones pertaining to the attack."
    User avatar
    Starchief
    Group Leader
    Posts: 482
    Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
    Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)
    Contact:

    Re: [GA] Time After Time, Part 2

    Post by Starchief »

    Perception: 1d100: [74] = 74 /62%
    JIC: 1d20: [11] = 11 / 1d100: [28] = 28
    Kar Fallax wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:15 am"We are alive." He smiles, "I think it is clear, not using that stone is a good thing."
    "I can't disagree. If the price for knowledge we already have is everyone here dying, then...well, I don't know where I was going with that. Let's not die."
    Kar Fallax wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:15 am "Should we return to the ship now?"
    "Let's give it another 30. They're in orbit now anyway, nowhere for us to go but here."
    Kar Fallax wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:47 am"Kaedras, we have yet to question something that seems to me maybe even more important. Why are we alive? Or better yet, how? I mean, if it wasn't a dream or a premonition, and I died as some of the others did. Then what brought us back? And why?
    "Neither of you have any recollection of the incidence?"
    "We have many questions to answer. Not just the ones pertaining to the attack."
    "I can't be sure if what I'm beginning to remember is just the collective story you've all told me or my own memories from when I died in a time loop coming to a head. Either way, it's weird and I don't have any answers for you. Maybe we're alive because we have a god on our side? Maybe because we are fighting for the future of the Three Galaxies? Or maybe Metri is more powerful than he lets on. Either way, let's not test it out again. I'd rather not see if I can be resurrected a second time. Speaking of Metri..."

    Starchief keys his radio. "Metri. Icky. Status report."
    Starchief
    Andra "Starchief" Sekona
    the Shield of Seeron

    MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

    Saving Throw Bonuses:
    Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
    Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
    Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


    Image
    Ledger
    User avatar
    Juan Echo
    Posts: 187
    Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

    Re: [GA] Time After Time, Part 2

    Post by Juan Echo »

    <Rolls carry>
    Urqos Draggor wrote:"Any code other than survival is a luxury. Chaos burns morals brightly."
    "Both very true. But I'm a deity, one of Three Galaxy's ultimate arbiters on morality. And, to be honest, we all dictate our codes based on circumstance and whim. Divine trade secret."
    Urqos Kaedras wrote:"This is Kaedras to the Dime Store Magic. Our companion Kar suggests that there may be some sort of sensor array to tell the enemy when the relics have been activated. Can you search the system for it?"
    Juan sighs internally. It's not just him, the others feel like something is off. Before he can ask Datephus to engage the sensors, Draggor is on it. The new urqos is a quick learn. Juan looks at the clock; he was dead already by this time during the last run. Are they really waiting for Urqos Kaedras and Quan to use their artifacts first? He picks up the radio, "Roger that Urqos Kaedras. We'll see if we can find why we aren't dead yet. Again."

    Then on the channel to the space pirates. "Urqos Drax'ikl, this is the Dime Store Magic, we are not picking up any signs of an invading fleet. We think they might have a scout waiting to signal for the full fleet to jump in. Let's fan out and scan the area for anything that shouldn't be here. Can I have a small detachment follow us?"
    Urqos Draggor wrote:"Juan, this control scheme is different. If I have to do something quickly, say the shape and location of the control."
    Juan cheerfully nods. "Sure, not a problem. The ship's controls are pretty instinctive, and you should be able to figure things out in a pinch. But I'll help you as much as I can."

    If Drax goes along with Juan's plan, the Wanderer will lead a small group of fighters over a small sector of the space above the military base. He will check in with the other ships regularly, in hopes of finding how their enemies will know when to drop in for a massacre.
    Status: Juan Echo
    M.D.C.: 300/300
    P.P.E.: 50/50
    I.S.P.: 76/76

    May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
    Post Reply

    Return to “Phase World: The Three Galaxies”