[VR] Theora System.

The Anvil, Corkscrew, and Thundercloud galaxies.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
MOD
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:41 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System.

Post by MOD »

Perception (21%) 1d100<21: [32] = 0
JiC 1d20: [2] = 2 / 1d100: [27] = 27

Physical shell: Think Puck from Alpha Flight in a latex body suit; height, 3'6"; weight, normally ey goes for around 225 lbs, but if ey can get it down to 150 or lower, that would be ideal

Skill rolls
Invoke trust (50%) 1d100<50: [96] = 0 - Convince the Horune that the power armor is a better wager than the crate with the hover cycle
Form physical shell 1d4: [4] = 4 hours

Throw rolls
1. Strike 1d20+1: [5]+1 = 6
2. Strike 1d20+1: [19]+1 = 20
3. Strike 1d20+1: [12]+1 = 13

When Herk mentions that the pirates are willing to wager in a crew toss, MOD is elated. A broad toothy smile stretches across eir face, and ey look over to the Silhouette. Then the Horune say what they want, and MOD blinks twice but holds eir smile. That is not what I was hoping to wager. I have plans for that hovercycle.

"Well, that is a fun bet on its own." Ey looks at the pirate that whispered in Herks ear, raises eir eyebrows and says, "Didn't happen to have a look inside, did you? I haven't, honestly couldn't say what's in there. Could be something nice in that box, or it could be empty. If you want a safer bet, I'll wager my PA. It's got a ding, but I can have my Machine 'shop it for you before we turn it over."

MOD takes another sip from the bottle ey is holding to buy time and let the pirates dwell on the offer. If the offer is ultimately rejected, ey will shrug and then chuckle. "Going to be honest, I had some fun ideas of how I wanted to use that crate. Then again, I got some fun ideas for how I want to use the shadowy asshole you got tied up. So I guess that's square."

MOD the shakes hands with Herk to seal the wager before giving Zathark a pep talk.
Zathark wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:44 am"They wanna play toss the Goblin THEN LET'S TOSS THE GOBLIN! LET'S GO! LET'S GET NUTS!!"
The Machine wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:16 pm"You sure about this bud? Want me to put an armor spell on you... ooh maybe flying spell. That would allow you to go real far... but that's probably cheating. Did they ever give us the rules?"
Zathark wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:44 am"Oh I'm sure, Bert. I'm REAL sure."
"Excellent!" MOD claps eir hands. Ey runs down the rules as Herk listed them and then lays out the strategy. "The way I see it, we got two tossers and a pair of balls. I'll change into a more aerodynamic form and then we'll let you two," ey points at Bert and the doctor, "decide who you want to throw."

Ey turns around and looks over to Herk. "We're going to need a moment to get prepped." If Herk demands to know why, MOD reveals that ey is a phantom. Ey walks over to the Baron and then reverts back into an energy being, emptying all the liquid ey has drank so far over the silhouette.

Ey then goes about crafting a new physical shell. The body is more physically compact, only 3'6" but almost that wide, covered in a black latex body suit that only leaves the face, with a pug nose and drooping mustache, exposed. The process takes longer than usual, and if the pirates start to get restless, MOD says to Doctor White, "Hey doc, why don't you tell them that one joke of yours."

When it's game-time, MOD curls up into a tight ball and spins in the air.
Dice rolls
Sing 1d100<40: [14*] = 1
Mimic sounds and whistles 1d100<82: [40*] = 1
MOD (pronouns: ey/em/eir)
M.D.C. (Energy Form): 50
M.D.C. (Physical Shell): 70
P.P.E.: 448
User avatar
Dr. White
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:30 am

Re: [VR] Theora System.

Post by Dr. White »

JIC: 1d20: [6] = 6 , 1d100: [49] = 49
PER: 1d100: [97] = 97 , vs. 41%
Death and Gravity wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:26 am"YA KNOW PONCE, FOR A PONCE YA KNOW HOW TO PARTY! WE SHOULD DO THIS AGAIN SOMETIME."
White stops for a moment and stares (bug-eyed) back at Hurk, swaying in place as he does so. Then he replies, in an entirely too-loud voice (and still bug-eyed, very creepy) ”TIME IS A RELATIVE CONSTRUCT IMAGINED BY INTERSTITIAL NEURONIC SPACES.” He leans forward and mock-whispers- loudly and conspiratorially. ”IT’S ALL IN YER HEAD, MAAN- WE CAN DO THIS AGAIN ANYTIME YOU WANT!” Then he breaks down into high-pitched giggles for a few seconds, before remembering. There’s a goblin to toss.
Zathark wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:44 am"They wanna play toss the Goblin THEN LET'S TOSS THE GOBLIN! LET'S GO! LET'S GET NUTS!!"
White grabs the nearest drink (unowned or otherwise), quaffs it in a single go, then lifts his arms triumphantly and shrieks ”THAT’S THE SPRITI Z-THARK! I’M GONNA SEND YOU INTO THE STRATOSPHERE- MAKE SURE YOU COLLECT SOME SAMPLES.” White lowers his arms and then gets himself squared away for however they’re going to do the throwing, saying to no-one in particular ”You never know what sorts of fun, trace organics can be squirreled away in the upper atmosphere of your average planet, after all. Just saying.”
MOD wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:34 am"Hey doc, why don't you tell them that one joke of yours."
White blinks again, then nods slowly and turns back to the Horune (Herk in particular). ”Right. Uhm. So…” He blinks again, shakes his head to clear some of the cobwebs (drugwebs if you will), then seemingly recovers his equilibrium and is all business. ”Why did the chicken cross the roadway?” White will wait for one of them to ask why- quite a long time if he has to. ”Because it was the head of an auto-erotic cannibalism act, and they wanted to get hired! Oh, uh, call The Aristocrats! Isn’t that an amusing and contradictory juxtaposition of terms?!?” White doubles over laughing and slaps his knee twice. Even (especially) if he’s the only one who finds it funny.

Once MOD is done creating a new shell, White ceases making a spectacle of himself and gets to it. When the time comes he will unceremoniously grab Zathark (and/or MOD if he tossed them), then toss them in the indicated direction as hard as he can. Then, if it looks like they might lose, White will subtly try to use Phase warp: Displacement to scooch his tossee a little further ahead (preferably at a point in his arc when he’s hard to see). Glad I've been working out, before the drugs. White doesn't really care who he throws and will go to whomever is indicated- he just wants to play (preferably win) the game.

Goblin toss: 1d20+33: [18]+33 = 51
For SCIENCE!
Force Field: 75/75; Power Armor Left Leg: 90/100
,
433/449

+6 initiative, +2 parry, +3 dodge for the first melee after danger occurs; cannot be surprise attacked
,
Eagle-like vision, and can see in total darkness
,
Automatically detects rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, four- and two-dimensional beings, astral travelers, and invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range is one mile or line of sight, whichever is less.
,
Can negate any spell that directly targets the adept for 5 ISP per spell. Spells that create energies and magical weapons are unaffected.
User avatar
The Machine
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:24 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System.

Post by The Machine »

Perception: 1d100: [23] = 23 /49%
Just in Case: 1d20: [1] = 1 ; 1d100: [32] = 32
Conditions: None.

HP: 30/30
S.D.C.: 22/22
I.S.P.: 35/35
P.P.E.: 137/127


As the others discus the situation and begin preparing, if one were to look over at Bert they might notice the look of advanced math going on in his head. Bert looks like he's concentrating very hard for several long seconds. "GUYS I HAVE AN IDEA!" Bert says loudly before getting close to the others, and quieting down. "Do any of you know what a discarding sabot is?" Bert waits a few seconds for anyone to answer before continuing. "So basically its a piece of ammo that when fired, continues accelerating in stages, dumping chunks of itself while speeding forward." Bert says excitedly. "So what I'm suggesting is that White throws me, and I throw Zathrak when I get to the top of my arc. Thus launching Zathrak farther than anyone could possibly do alone. What do you think?" Bert says excitedly.

If the group agrees, then Bert prepares with infusing his armor with superhuman strength, and armor of Ithan for general protection. Bert then will pick up Zathrak and hold him in such a way that he can toss him without needing to shift to much, before allowing Doctor White to hoist up himself for throwing. "Let's do this." This is brilliant and stupid at the same time. Bert thinks before he's tossed.

While in mid air, Bert yells. "Off you go!"

Getting Tossed Roll (220 lbs-ish with Armor On): 1d20: [19] = 19
Throwing Roll: 1d20+30: [15]+30 = 45
They call me The Machine.
"When one wants to not be caught, one should have a cover identity that is very different to themselves." ~Burt.
User avatar
Death and Gravity
Game Master
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:05 am

Re: [VR] Theora System.

Post by Death and Gravity »

Time stamp: 42 days. Its about 00:30 local time. It's night and the party is still full swing.

Conditions:
  • Kibiko: 1/3 engines (FTL & STL) working perfectly. The other two need repairs and parts.
  • Dorsal shuttle pod bay doors covered by welded on plated and bracing struts, can't be opened.
The preparations for the Crew Toss are going rather well. Doc's joke falls flat, which does much to increase his own amusement. MOD's attempt at changing the bet is rebuffed. Hurk is not buying the 'but, but.... It could be empty' line MOD is trying to work on him. Zathark decides to give these Horune a great FU and beat them at their own game, so he steels himself to be thrown. Bert has an idea!
The Machine wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:46 pm"GUYS I HAVE AN IDEA!"
It's certainly an idea. At this stage it's hard to know of it's a good idea, or it will even work, or if it's just pure insanity. Maybe it could be famous last words. Time will tell. After a brief discussion of logistics, as in how each member of the VR will toss each other. After a few lift and grips to refine hand placement, grip spots, leverage etc etc Doc ushers the other two up to the line. He has the good sense to make sure both are ready. Zathark folds himself fin to the arrange position. Bert grabs him and lifts him up. Doc, being the strongest, lifts them both. He takes a few steps and breaks into a awkward trot. At about the right spot, or so he figures, he heaves both into the air. To someone who doesn't know Promethean physiology it's the weirdest looking throw, toss, heave, or even fling that they have ever seen. But, hot damn! Bert and Zathark go sailing through the air.

The assembled Horune are stunned at the height and arc of the toss. It's clear that they are impressed by the throw and probably worried that their tosser wont have such an impossibly powerful toss. The line watchers declare the toss is good! Doc managed to avoid crossing the line with his feet.

Up higher, sailing though the night air Bert and Zathark feel the arc of the throw even out. As per the arranged method Bert heaves Zathark by the scruff of the neck and flings the Goblin up higher. At the same time Zathak pushes hard off Bert with his legs. Gravity has caught up with Bert and he falls down towards the surf below. Zathark, biffed higher by Bert and using his natural goblin lightness-of-frame to maintain the forward momentum from the Doc continues to arc further away from the beach. Bert falling down towards the sea looks up in satisfaction as his idea has worked!

MOD, surprised by his teams rapid actions hasn't started his energy transformation process. Ey watch with the rest of the Horune as Bert then Zathark plunge into the sea. There is a brief pause after they hit the water. Then the Horune crew go wild. Its a mix of amazement, cheering and outrage. The translator units are having a hard time keeping up with a excited and angry crew all shouting and pushing at each other about record breaking distance, rules breaking, how did they do that and what the FK did we just see!?!?

The crew crowd around Hurk to see what he says. He is silent for a long time, apparently thinking. "FKING ALIENS MAN, I TELL YA. THE SHIT THAY COME UP WITH. OKAY. I BEEN THINKIN. IF WE WANNA WIN THIS TOSS WAGER, WE DO THA SAME THING! WE NEED A BIG GIMP, A LITTLE GIMP AN A TOSSEE. MAKE IT HAPPEN."

Just off shore, not far from Bert and Zathark, an 18 foot tall thing raises out of the water and walks towards the beach. Following along behind it is a 10 foot tall thing. Which of course, can only be seen once the water gets shallow enough. Between the two of them they make the most awful noises. These must be a 'BIG GIMP' and a 'LITTLE GIMP'. They waste no time in trying to repeat the VR toss method. A Horune climbs into the arms of the little gimp. The big gimp lifts up both of them and skitters down the beach. It skitters back towards the toss line, leaps into the air and heaves both the little gimp and a Horune out to sea!

The Gimp Throw vs the VR Throw
  • Doc: Goblin toss: 1d20+33: [18]+33 = 51
  • Machine: Getting Tossed Roll (220 lbs-ish with Armor On): 1d20: [19] = 19
    Throwing Roll: 1d20+30: [15]+30 = 45
  • Zathark: Throw - Strike 1d20+5: [18]+5 = 23
    Total: 51+19+45+23 = 138
  • Big Gimp 1d20: [10] = 10 +38 = 48
  • Little Gimp Getting Tossed Roll (1000 lbs): 1d20: [10] = 10
    Not using flight system because that would be cheating
    Throwing roll: 1d20: [16] = 16 +30= 46
  • Horune Throw - Strike 1d20: [1] = 1 NAT 1

    Total 48+10+46+1=105
The Big gimp throw is good, the VR start to feel nervous.

The little gimp throw is okay, VR are still nervous.

At the final stage the Horune tossee panics and messes it all up! The Horune toss falls far short of the distance reached by the VR.

The Void Reavers have bested the Horune at their own game!


What are your intentions?

An atoll somewhere on Theora.
KJ4758 is one of a number of sandy islets on a continuous ring of coral reef enclosing a lagoon. The total land area of the islets is approximately 1 square mile (2.6 km2). The coral reef covers about 3,600 acres (15 km2). The lagoon is some 7 miles (11 km) across, covering an area of 22 square miles (57 km2). There are several small passages through the reef for boats, though there is no safe entry for large ships. At a latitude of 18 degrees south, KJ4758 enjoys a tropical climate but is exposed to severe tropical cyclones.Image
GM notes
You won, now what? The final strike roll for the Horune toss was a nat 1, so they lose.
User avatar
Zathark
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:26 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System.

Post by Zathark »

Perception: 29% 1d100: [67] = 67

JIC: 1d20: [16] = 16
JIC: 1d100: [47] = 47

Zathark, a-quiver with anticipation and eagerness, hears Bert's idea with unmitigated enthusiasm that one typically sees reserved for battle. He eagerly climbs into Bert's hands, and plants his feet firmly against Bert's abdomen as Bert is them picked up and tossed.

As the pair go sailing through the wind, Zathark cackles insanely.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! YES! YES!" As their trajectory hits that near-weightless moment of apex, he clenches all the muscles in his tiny, foul-smelling frame, and simultaneously launches off of Bert as he is thrown, every sinew snapping to like a broken metal coil lashing out with built up kinestic energy and rage.

He arcs his body in what would be a graceful way if his head, hands, and feet weren't twice as big as his body size might dictate, and, as he again reaches the near-weightless moment of apex, he begins to think - it's just a quick thought, in a quick instant, but let's have a look:

Ya know what'd show Hurk Snerk an' them idiots? I oughta MOON 'em! Yeah! I oughta drop trou and show 'em my BEST SIDE!

The thought is short lived, as Zathark notes he is descending precipitously fast, toward the water.

Let us take a break from this moment, for a flashback, if you'll indulge me.
Young zathark wrote: The swarm of young psi-goblins scuttled quickly, crawling over their slower pit-mates, grabbing and clawing to be the first. Ears may have been bitted. At least one finger was lost to ravenous teeth. Together, as if a living malevolent ooze, the swarm reached their goal: the apex of a tall cliff, overlooking a small fetid swamp far below. The diving rock.

They stood, glaring at it with glee and malice. Zathark, near the front, began to push. "Go ON! COWARD!" which started the whole gaggle of them jostling, pushing, and name-calling. One near the edge of the cliff teetered. Trying to grip the stony edge with his fungus-ridden toe-claws, he reached out a hand to grab one of his pit-mates. The grabbing hand was slapped away as the rock under his toes crumbled, just a bit, just enough to loosen his grip, and he fell backward over the edge.

Zathark, near the front, pushed his head through the mass of bodies to peer over the edge. Grutnut fell, arms and legs pinwheeling comically. Zathark began to snicker. Grutnut then hit the water with a resounding SLAP! Blood pooled out around Grutnut as he slowly sunk into the surface.

The pit-mates above ceased all chatter, looking down at his lifeless eyes.

They watched a moment, waiting for him to surface, hurt but healing, as psi-goblins tend to do. He did not.

Then, a voice from among the swarm: "HA! DUMMY! Ya Gotta DIVE!"

The psi-goblins began to cackle like mad, then, one brave broodling, Znotface by name, arced out gracefully from the diving rock, jacknifed in midair, and cut downward through the air toward the brackish (and now bloodied) water below. He sliced into the water like Goblin teeth through raw flesh. One by one the Goblins dove off the rock, and one by one they cut into the water below, and surfaced, cackling. A pair dragged Grutnut's body out, and began eating it.

Zathark (though it was years before he would take that name) took his turn, knowing that to dive from this height wrongly meant when you hit the water it'd be as hard as rock, and if you weren't tough enough to take it, that'd be the end of you.

Like his peers, he sliced into the water, kicked out his ungainly hands and feet, and swam to the surface.
Zathark had many experiences like the last, though on only one was one of his pit-mates dumb enough to die from a dive. Zathark jacknifed with an unexpected grace, and angled toward the water with his feet, toes pointed, arms crossed across his chest, and sunk through it's surface like a stone.

The movement underwater was familiar to him - swimming is the closest thing to a bath most psi-goblins get, and it comes naturally to them. He ar4ced out his feet and hands, striving for the surface as he sensed two large forms coming up from beneath.

As he surfaced, he saw the so-called "big gimp" and "little gimp" emerge from the water.

"Ha! Are they gonna try our move! They're NUTS! It was REALLY dumb ta do what we did!"

Zathark watches as the big one throws the two smaller ones, and sees the graceful, long arc of the throw. He watches as the medium one, midair, tosses the smaller one at the exact right moment. And he watches the smallest one, as if a memory come unbidden, pinwheel his arms and legs cartoonishly, and splat into the water, like Grutnut of his youth.

"Buh.... Buh.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!" Zathark points and laughs, treading water with his feet and unused hand. "HE... He... WHAAAH!" He mocks the horune, pinwheeling his arms and splashing in the water.

He turns on his back and backstrokes to shore, laughing the entire way. When he nears shore, he turns, feels sand under his feet, and stumbles back onto the atoll, collapsing in paroxysms of laughter.

"ya... ya can't just... HAHAHAHAH he he he he he Ya... ya can't... HA! Hahahahahayhayhay"

As he lays on his back, laughing his ass off, he pinwheels his arms and legs, giggling madly.
"'EY! Mind yer own Bizness!"

MDC: 61/61
ISP: 38/48
PPE: 98/98

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 50/50 MDC
Right Arm: 40/40 MDC
Left arm: 40/40 MDC
Right Leg: 50/50 MDC
Left Leg: 50/50 MDC
Main Body: 51/90 MDC
User avatar
MOD
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:41 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System.

Post by MOD »

Perception (21%) 1d100<21: [3*] = 1
JiC 1d20: [3] = 3 / 1d100: [26] = 26

Physical shell: Think Idris Elba in Luther

Skill rolls
Mimic sounds and whistles (78%) 1d100<78: [84] = 0 - Play a cool song (ouch)

MOD is about to excuse emself to transform when ey hears Bert announce his plan for a double toss. What did he say? That can't be a good idea. Before ey can reaact ey is standing next to Herk watching Doctor White throw Bert into the air. (Fuxfuxfuxfuxfuxfux) followed by Bert throwing Zarthark even higher. Ey clutches Herk's arm, jaw dropped.

"Ya bois!" ey shouts watching the psi-goblin thrashing in the water. Ey trots over to Bert, and plants a kiss on his wide brow. "You crazy beautiful thinking Machine!"

After a brief moment of unabashed enthusiasm, MOD straightens eir tweed coat and goes back to watching the competition with Herk. Ey is impressed by the size of the two gimps. The toss is impressive, but the phantom keeps eir composure. At least until the horune panics mid-air and splashes in the water several feet closer to the shore than Zathark, still frolicking.

Ey gives out a hearty chuckle and pats Herk on the back. "Well that was a good sport. You should be proud to have those gimps on your crew." Ey looks over to the Baron, and eir smile gets even bigger. "So we will be claiming our prize, then. But I suppose we can all play a round of peenahta before the party adjourns, right?"

Ey then rallies the other Reavers together for a quick conference. "So I placed a wager on the toss, and you all delivered." Ey points over to the Baron. "See that shade over there? He's one of the bounty hunters Naruni sent after us. We'll be taking him back with us when the party's over. I want to extract all the information we can from him. Then, Zathark, you can extract his limbs. Then, Doc, you can extract whatever else you want from him. Then, Bert, we'll get you good and loaded once we've shaken the other bounty hunters off our corporeal rears."

Ey gives a fist bump to each of the other Reavers and then goes back to the horune. MOD cups eir hands and shouts, "LET'S GET CRUNKED!" MOD's voice then warps and turns into an EDM song. Ey aims for something thumping, raw, and just a little weird. But eir voice croaks into a crude beat. It's the type of music the Baron would enjoy if he wasn't tied to a tree. At least that fact reassures MOD, and ey continues the 'sing'. Well, I hope these uncultured corporeals don't know how trash this noise is.
MOD (pronouns: ey/em/eir)
M.D.C. (Energy Form): 50
M.D.C. (Physical Shell): 70
P.P.E.: 448
User avatar
Dr. White
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:30 am

Re: [VR] Theora System.

Post by Dr. White »

JIC: 1d20: [11] = 11 , 1d100: [5] = 5
PER: 1d100: [52] = 52 , vs. 41%
The Machine wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:46 pm"GUYS I HAVE AN IDEA!" Bert says loudly before getting close to the others, and quieting down. "Do any of you know what a discarding sabot is?" Bert waits a few seconds for anyone to answer before continuing. "So basically its a piece of ammo that when fired, continues accelerating in stages, dumping chunks of itself while speeding forward." Bert says excitedly. "So what I'm suggesting is that White throws me, and I throw Zathrak when I get to the top of my arc. Thus launching Zathrak farther than anyone could possibly do alone. What do you think?" Bert says excitedly.
White belches and replies a little too loudly. ”SOUNDS FUN. I STILL GET TO DO THE TOSSING, RIGHT?” Upon receiving an affirmative answer, White giggles and says ”Wheeeee!”

The ’Wheee’ turns into a high-pitched humming as game-time arrives. White appears to either be unaware of the noise he’s making, or is deliberately doing so to improve his concentration. He stops humming as soon as he releases the pair of throwees, watching their arc in silent, still approval for several long seconds. Bert looks like he might have a tough landing. I hope that suit of his is well-padded. Hm. Should I help him? OH, wait! Silly me, injuries get treated! Maybe I’ll get to operate- you never know with internal bleeding! White licks his lips and starts fantasizing about performing more surgery when the Horune bring him back to the task at hand. Upon seeing the toss declared good, White pumps both arms into the air and roars ”WHOOOO! YEAAAH- VOID REAVER STYLE EVERYBODY, THA’S WHAT AHM TALKIN’ ABOUT!” He then blinks, and realizes that Herk is doing some talking.

Shortly thereafter, the Horune determine to try and match the feat. White eyes their thrower blearily, once again swaying in place and doing any drugs that come within a 10-foot radius. If he spots the two armored Horune coming to play, he whines ”Aw, man we can use armor? Why dinn’t anyone say’so? I coulda had wings and ever’thing. Woulda been so much cooler-looking.” White falls silent then, not wanting to interfere with the toss (give the Horune no reason to put an asterisk next to the win). Then it falls short, and White whoops, roars, and pumps his arms again. ”YEAH! RAAAAAAA!” He then blinks and turns to MOD. ”What did we win?”
MOD wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:36 pm"See that shade over there? He's one of the bounty hunters Naruni sent after us. We'll be taking him back with us when the party's over. I want to extract all the information we can from him. Then, Zathark, you can extract his limbs. Then, Doc, you can extract whatever else you want from him. Then, Bert, we'll get you good and loaded once we've shaken the other bounty hunters off our corporeal rears."
”Oooooo…” White’s big, black eyes go even bigger and (somehow), blacker. There is neither humor nor mirth in the wide, toothless grin that steals over his face as he falls silent and regards their new prisoner. ”I’ll begin the interrogation as soon as I sober up. Maybe a little before- we’ll see where the evening takes us! Silhouettes are a resilient species, after all. I’ll sure he’ll survive a few whoopsie-daisies. I look forward to finding out just how many.” White falls silent and studies his new plaything. That damn smile is really creepy- couldn’t he at least show some teeth? He then belches again, and bellows ”Where’re the drugs at?” And he gets back to the party. For science!
For SCIENCE!
Force Field: 75/75; Power Armor Left Leg: 90/100
,
433/449

+6 initiative, +2 parry, +3 dodge for the first melee after danger occurs; cannot be surprise attacked
,
Eagle-like vision, and can see in total darkness
,
Automatically detects rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, four- and two-dimensional beings, astral travelers, and invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range is one mile or line of sight, whichever is less.
,
Can negate any spell that directly targets the adept for 5 ISP per spell. Spells that create energies and magical weapons are unaffected.
User avatar
The Machine
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:24 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System.

Post by The Machine »

Perception: 1d100: [62] = 62 /49%
Just in Case: 1d20: [6] = 6 ; 1d100: [18] = 18
Conditions: None.

HP: 30/30
S.D.C.: 22/22
I.S.P.: 35/35
P.P.E.: 137/127


When Bert hits the water, he doesn't bother to swim for a few moments. The environmental systems having kicked on as soon as the suit hit the water, while he felt the impact, it didn't do much more than jar him, with the Armor of Ithan spell active. "I am The Machine!" Is Bert's first response over the radio. with a content sigh, Bert begins the slow walk back to shore, as Bert doesn't know how to swim. A good plan, I love a good plan. Bert thinks as he trudges across the ocean floor. I Suppose I could activate my jet pack, but this is surprisingly peaceful. Bert thinks as he takes in the view of the ocean life.

Eventually, Bert surfaces and finds that the Void Reavers have won the toss. Bert sighs contently, having beaten out another pirate crew. And now we go for more libations. Bert thinks as he makes his way to the booze and begins to try his damnedest to punish his liver for the audacity of existing.
They call me The Machine.
"When one wants to not be caught, one should have a cover identity that is very different to themselves." ~Burt.
User avatar
Death and Gravity
Game Master
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:05 am

Re: [VR] Theora System.

Post by Death and Gravity »

Time stamp: 43 days. Its about 06:00 local time. It's just before dawn.
Conditions:
  • Kibiko: 1/3 engines (FTL & STL) working perfectly. The other two need repairs and parts.
  • Dorsal shuttle pod bay doors covered by welded on plated and bracing struts, can't be opened.
The Void Reavers spend the rest of the night in a blaze of drug and alcohol fueled... Well, its hard to find the right word. Antics is a candidate but gets nowhere nears the depths of no-holds-barred debauchery some of the crew engage in. Hedonism could work, but doesn't convey the aggression and low levels of near constant violence the Horune bring to the soiree. Bender! That's it. The Void Reavers spend the rest of the party getting Bent. Each one of you gets bent in the direction of your choice, but by the time the sun is signalling at it's arrival you are well and truly fucked up. You have been for a while, and it's been an absolute blast.

The Horune on the most part have taken their defeat in the Crew Toss rather well. A few are pissed off, but overall they don't get in your faces about it too much. It seems The Machine's innovation is taking hold. More than once over the rest of the night you look up to see a Little Gimp with or without a Horune crew member sailing through the air. Sometimes you can hear them shout something that might just be them trying to copy Bert's "I am the machine!" Their minds have been blown by this new method of tossing. So much so that they actually forget to barbecue the rest of the captives. Or, was it that Hurk said they couldn't have them because they lost the toss? It's all a bit hazy.

As the sky lightens the Horune start to gather up the stuff they want to take with them and in drips and drabs head out into the surf. They swim away from the shore, eventually diving down and out of view. Hurk approaches the group. "WELL ALIENS, WE'RE DONE HERE. RITE OF PASSAGE ENJOYMENT." He pauses here and looks knowingly at Doc White. "IS FKIN' OVER." He looks off into the distance and sighs. "CHEERS, MY DUDES. IT'S BEEN FKN REAL." He picks up his surf board and joins the rest of his crew as they swim out to sea.

The Void Reavers are left alone on the beach along with an impressive amount of trash and the now freed captives. There is The Baron of course, who does not look impressed as he flexes his now free hands. Hmmm, the Horune must have taken his bindings and gag with them. That's a bit disappointing. Along side him are three humans and a Wolven. All four seem to be in shock or something. being imprisoned by the Horune for who knows how long and almost being cooked alive could certainly have that effect on a person. It probably doesn't help that they witnessed you guys getting lit with their former captors.

The Baron clears his throat. "Greetings Doc, Bert, Zathark and, I assume, MOD. May we leave now? I very much do hope you have a way off this atoll." He seems deflated, void of all the pomp and highly opinionated and overbearing ego that you've had to bear in the past. The wolven stands up. "Can you take me home?" He asks in a shaky voice. "I can pay." He offers as a Little Gimp walks past. Presumable the last leave the beach. The Gimp pauses and in a highly synthesized voice it speaks. "MESSAGE FROM HURK SNERK: ALIENS, YOU SHOULD FKN LEAVE. MONKEES ON THE RADAR 100 CLICKS OUT AN' INBOUND. LOTS OF EM. PURE CHUMS, YA WANNA AVOID EM." Then it walks down the beach and out to sea.


What are your intentions?

An atoll somewhere on Theora.
KJ4758 is one of a number of sandy islets on a continuous ring of coral reef enclosing a lagoon. The total land area of the islets is approximately 1 square mile (2.6 km2). The coral reef covers about 3,600 acres (15 km2). The lagoon is some 7 miles (11 km) across, covering an area of 22 square miles (57 km2). There are several small passages through the reef for boats, though there is no safe entry for large ships. At a latitude of 18 degrees south, KJ4758 enjoys a tropical climate but is exposed to severe tropical cyclones.Image
User avatar
MOD
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:41 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System.

Post by MOD »

Perception (21%) 1d100<21: [98] = 0
JiC 1d20: [14] = 14 / 1d100: [80] = 80

Physical shell:Think Idris Elba in Luther

MOD spends the party squelching out a variety of different songs and sounds throughout the night. Ey is almost social. Granted the Horune largely give the captain a wide berth, and ey is content with it, but ey's having fun adjacent to corporeals. When Hurk calls an end to the party, M walks up to him and clasps his arm up by the elbow.
Hurk wrote:"CHEERS, MY DUDES. IT'S BEEN FKN REAL."
"Fux yeah, bro,"MOD replies. "Good toss. We're ready for a rematch any time."

Ey takes off the translator and hands it over to the pirate. Ey sighs in relief. The party had been cathartic cap on the past week. After their chaotic run to this planet, the Reavers had regrouped and were ready for their next adventure. A new day, a new hustle. Ey looks over to the Baron and sees more captives ambling over. Wait, did we win all their prisoners? Why does it feel like we're getting hosed on the deal... Ey whistles the other Reavers over to deal with the group.
The Baron wrote:"Greetings Doc, Bert, Zathark and, I assume, MOD. May we leave now? I very much do hope you have a way off this atoll."
MOD's fists clench and arms stiffen as ey holds back the urge to shine the silhouette upside the head. Be patient, there will be time for that soon enough. Ey looks at both the Baron and Zathark."Trash rat, I want you to take our prize back on to the ship. Put him in an airlock for the time being. We'll have a nice long chat once we get our ship up."

As the psi-goblin walks away, MOD shakes a fist with an index finger and pinkie extended.
The wolfen wrote:"Can you take me home? I can pay."
MOD grimaces. Ey didn't know what to expect, but passengers seems like the best case scenario. At least they would pay to get to the next port. "Fine. We can settle on a reasonable rate. Hey Mac!" ey calls out to Bert. "Can you get these folks settled up? We're taking them to the next safest port."
Little Gimp wrote:"MESSAGE FROM HURK SNERK: ALIENS, YOU SHOULD FKN LEAVE. MONKEES ON THE RADAR 100 CLICKS OUT AN' INBOUND. LOTS OF EM. PURE CHUMS, YA WANNA AVOID EM."
Fuxing hades! It never fuxing ends! Well there is no rest for the wicked. MOD finally looks to Doctor White. "Alright Space Ghost. Let's leave this coast. I want to get the ship nose up AFSAFP.* Let's head for the cockpit."

* As fuxing soon as fuxing possible
MOD (pronouns: ey/em/eir)
M.D.C. (Energy Form): 50
M.D.C. (Physical Shell): 70
P.P.E.: 448
User avatar
Death and Gravity
Game Master
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:05 am

Re: [VR] Theora System.

Post by Death and Gravity »

Time stamp: 43 days. Its about 12:30 local time.
Conditions:
  • Kibiko: 1/3 engines (FTL & STL) working perfectly. The other two need repairs and parts.
  • Dorsal shuttle pod bay doors covered by welded on plated and bracing struts, can't be opened.
The Void Reavers don't have much to say to MOD orders to get airborne. Maybe it's because they're good orders and make sense. However, really it's more likely to be that they are still wasted, drunk and/or just starting the come down, and they just want to leave. Everyone makes their way to the ship.

Once in the cockpit, Someone checks the radar, to see if Hurk's Monkees were showing up. What a display the radar is right now! It's crowded with at least half a dozen large high density and high mass airships. The radar readings estimate that these long cigar shaped blimps are far from normal lighter-than-air transports. The Wolven looks over at the display. "Whoa. I've never seen that many Gorang airships in one place. We need to leave!" The Wolven suggests setting course to his hometown. A mining and refining operation further south, closer to the Hartigal enclave. He suggests flying though a large squall of rain, even though it's slightly out of your way. Apparently this to to shake off the Gorang blimps crowding the radar. He tells you that their electronics are trash, and you should be able to lose them in the rain

The crew get the ship in the air and easily out pace the Gorang airships. There are multiple readings of smaller faster aircraft, but they keep their distance and seem happy to search for, and then shadow the Kibiko. So whole the whole situation is worrying, there isn't much immediate danger.

A little while later you emerge from the squall and there are no signs of any kind of pursuit on the radar.

A while later the Wolven guides you towards a very large island, then towards one end of it, then across some mountains, towards the coast. Eventually he brings you down on a landing site. Once on the ground he smiles. "Home. I never thought I'd see this place again. Welcome to Geo." You peer out the window and once the dust settles you see that you seem to be on, what could be loosely described as, an airfield. Off to one side is open land, dry and arid looking.There are the mountains you crossed on the far horizon. To the other is a company town. Which company? Hard to tell right now, but whoever it is they aren't much interested in urban planning. You see a loose collection of low rent buildings, some of which may actually be permanent. Beyond them are a few taller buildings of two or three levels which are probably permanent. They are still ugly in that utilitarian way that only modular systems can manage. Sprinkled throughout the buildings the more technically minded of you can see geothermal power generation stacks towering over the burb. After that there is the exterior wall of what looks like some kind of large refinery unit. Judging from the heat, steam, gasses and even soot getting vented from it, it's being worked pretty hard right now. The whole place looks grimy and greasy. Even with the doors closed some of you think you're getting just a hint of Sulphur in the air.

Off to one side you see, if the sign is too be believed, is a combination of a noodle stand, a diner, and a karaoke bar. From behind the window you can see a couple of people looking out at the ship as it lands.

Raz and Sam, take a pause from their meals, look out the window and see a cargo ship land. That's interesting, it's the first ship they've seen land here in a few days. Since the last pirate flare up Hartigal had pulled all it's ships back into the enclave itself. They'd even let the owner/operators in as well. Which meant they took the pirate threat seriously this time, even though 'King' Lorinax's attack had already been held off. They were just probably being extra careful and word on the street is that they'll restart the flights any day now. With not much else to do, as their leads on work had completely dried up, they watch the ship's crew disembark.

What are your intentions?
User avatar
Dr. White
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:30 am

Re: [VR] Theora System.

Post by Dr. White »

JIC: 1d20: [18] = 18 , 1d100: [87] = 87
PER: 1d100: [86] = 86 vs. 41%

White, who fancies himself something of a connoisseur at this point, spends the rest of the evening getting bent in several different directions- including a couple that don’t quite make sense with contemporary understanding of space-time. All in all, ths’ ‘s onuvtha bettah prties b’n to. Thos’ ‘orne ‘re ‘lright. Even his thoughts are mumbling, as the doctor finally staggers off to bed with the last few hard-partiers. The next morning, the only sign White gives of how hungover he is, is that he’s a great deal quieter than normal. But then, so are most one suspects.

As the Horune prepare to depart, White finally remembers to raise his hand in goodbye. ”Right back at’cha Captain! Stop by anytime for a visit!” Then, the good doctor remembers that they have a prize, er, prisoner to play with. Er, interrogate. And for the first time all morning his face brightens and he turns to MOD. ”Ah, yes! I remember now! I believe that an interrogation was called for! Is that before or after you agree on a rate?” The subsequent grin would be sharklike if it showed any teeth. Then, hearing Herk’s warning to the crew, White pipes up ”Well, we’ve spent enough time on this armpit of a planet anyway. Let’s get out of here, we can interrogate later.” Given that negotiations proceed amicably, the interrogation might be canceled- in which case, White will pout a little and sulk in the corner but otherwise shut up about it. If they ever do decide to get what information they can out of the baron (about what exactly, White isn’t sure) he will employ liberal use of bio-manipulation: pain to help motivate matters. Otherwise, he will just stay on the bridge and follow MOD’s lead.
For SCIENCE!
Force Field: 75/75; Power Armor Left Leg: 90/100
,
433/449

+6 initiative, +2 parry, +3 dodge for the first melee after danger occurs; cannot be surprise attacked
,
Eagle-like vision, and can see in total darkness
,
Automatically detects rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, four- and two-dimensional beings, astral travelers, and invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range is one mile or line of sight, whichever is less.
,
Can negate any spell that directly targets the adept for 5 ISP per spell. Spells that create energies and magical weapons are unaffected.
User avatar
Zathark
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:26 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System.

Post by Zathark »

Perception: 29% 1d100: [64] = 64

JIC: 1d20: [6] = 6
JIC: 1d100: [20] = 20

Zathark parties as hard as a psi-goblin can without unecessarily killing anyone, and drags hsi pungent ass back to his berth to crash afterward.

When MOD announces the intention to take off from the atoll, he grumbles and turns over but does not rouse, having no worthwhile skills to help in manning the ship.

Eventually, hunger calls him, and he slides out of his rack and stumble-oozes toward the galley, his melon-sized head throbbing with each heartbeat.

Scrum-sucking Horune Nip-Gibblers... with their cheap boze and their cheap drugs... Good thing the cap'n's dead or this'd've killed 'im.

The dim thrumming of the ship's engine as they make their way across the planet's surface to another location adds a layer to his panoply of toxin-induced pain, but he chokes back some caff and gnaws on some stale, cold meat from the galley's cooler, hoping it will either quell his nausea, or make him retch - a relief either way.

If the interrogation of the Baron is not canceled, Zathark scampers back to his bunk and comes back with a small, tightly bound leather satchel. "If we're gonna interrogate the Baron... I got JUST the thing!" He gleefully unties it, and it folds out to reveal several shiny, well-cared-for tools, including scalpels, pliers, a small hand-drill, and various other implements, all polished and gleaming, as if they were his most prized possessions.

"If ya want answers outta the guy... I can get 'em."

If given the go-ahead, Zathark sets to work on the Baron with a professionalism rarely seen in Psi-Goblins.

"Baron. I'm Zathark, I'll be your torturer today. Here's how this works. My friend there will be asking you questions. He will then leave, and I will begin my work. I don't want, don't care about, and won't remember the answers. You'll save those for when he returns. As I work, I want you to know that I'll only be doing the bare minimum - inflicting enough only pain to bes extremely unpleasant, but survivable. and while I do... you'll think about answers, and about truth. Because if you don't answer, or you lie and we find out, I start round two. Round two is much worse, and will lead to disfigurement and permanent disability. Round three will be worse still. Round four might end your life, but I'll do my damnedest to esnure it doesn't. Round five ens in you dead."

Zathark waits while the others ask questions, then begins round 1.

Horror Factor: 11
Interrogation 65% 1d100: [59] = 59 (SUCCESS)

After the interrogation, or if it doesn't happen, Zathark will go about the rest of his day.

As a Psi-Goblin, the foul little blighter is unnaturally hardy, and his natural metabolism processes the alcohol rather more quickly than would a human's or some other lesser species'...
OOC Comments
Supernatural PE
So by the time they land he is nearly back to his normal self, and he pulls his boots back on to his sandy, grimy, clawed feet before heading out of the ship.

Taking in the landing pad, and the wretchedness of the little town beyond, Zathark spits.

"What a dump. How're we gonna sell anything here. I tol' ya ta hit a BIG city. Fer Frazzsakes."
Wolfen prisoner wrote:"Home. I never thought I'd see this place again. Welcome to Geo."
"Wait, what? Who tole scruffy we'd take him home for FREE? Scrod that. Whatcha got worth anything there, whiskers?"

Whatever the group decides, Zathark's had his say, and he'll accompany them to whatever dive they end up at.
"'EY! Mind yer own Bizness!"

MDC: 61/61
ISP: 38/48
PPE: 98/98

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 50/50 MDC
Right Arm: 40/40 MDC
Left arm: 40/40 MDC
Right Leg: 50/50 MDC
Left Leg: 50/50 MDC
Main Body: 51/90 MDC
User avatar
Sam Animus
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:50 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System.

Post by Sam Animus »

Perception: 1d100: [52] = 52 / 26% (+15% on rolls involving electronics, machines or their combination)
JiC: 1d100: [17] = 17 / 1d20: [9] = 9

Conditions: Nightvision (120ft) | Sixth Sense (Inactive)

Skills:
Pilot, Starship: 1d100: [35] = 35 /60% (Visually inspect the approaching ship)
Mechanical Engineer: 1d100: [7] = 7 /52% (Visually inspect the approaching ship)
Spaceship Mechanics: 1d100: [44] = 44 /49% (Visually inspect the approaching ship)
Vehicle Armorer: 1d100: [24] = 24 /52% (Visually inspect the approaching ship)

Post:

Sam swigs her drink and sets it on the dirty table as she looks outside the window at the barren plaza with distain. She shakes her head and looks to the large reptilian sitting across from her. "This dive is dead." She says and finishes her drink, her face contorting briefly as she swallows it before she sighs. "And this alcohol is shit." Sam adds, pushing the glass near the edge of the table. She looks around the rather empty dive of a diner and towards the desolate shipyards and just rolls her eyes. "Funny how it only takes a raid on a monarch for them to shut down the whole damn port, but anyone else and its fair game. I miss Phase World." Sam finishes, her irritation at being stranded and jobless beginning to weigh on her. Swear, just get me on a ship and we can get the fuck off this planet. Wouldn't have this problem on Phasorld. The elven tech thinks to herself with a slight smile hidden beneath her outward annoyance.

Then, her attention is diverted to the first sounds of an incoming shuttle she has heard in days and her eyes immediately trace to its engine and the welding on the side of the bay doors. Sam can't stop herself from scoffing as her shoulders roll and she leans closer to the window. Damn, that thing has seen better days. Like a fucking century ago. She thinks to herself as she nods her head towards the ship, looking to Raz. "First ship in days and it looks like floating scrap." Sam mutters, shaking her head with a shit-talking grin as she looks away to take another bite of what's left on her plate while her smile vanishes, the food that remains none to appetizing to the elf.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

'Sam' Animus | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Everett Culter (CS 40-4th) | Ronan Deshe (Spook Squad) | Oren Exe (PW GA)
User avatar
Raz I'Syul Arro
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:26 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System.

Post by Raz I'Syul Arro »

Perception: 1d100: [69] = 69 /43%
JIC: 1d20: [10] = 10 ; 1d100: [96] = 96


Conditions:
  • Sixth Sense
  • Horror Factor: 11
  • Keen Sense of Smell and Sharp Color vision
  • NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor: +5% to prowl skill; -70% to electronic perception/detection rolls; Masks IR and Thermal Emissions
Post:
Sam Animus wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:31 pm Sam swigs her drink and sets it on the dirty table as she looks outside the window at the barren plaza with distain. She shakes her head and looks to the large reptilian sitting across from her. "This dive is dead." She says and finishes her drink, her face contorting briefly as she swallows it before she sighs. "And this alcohol is shit." Sam adds, pushing the glass near the edge of the table. She looks around the rather empty dive of a diner and towards the desolate shipyards and just rolls her eyes. "Funny how it only takes a raid on a monarch for them to shut down the whole damn port, but anyone else and its fair game. I miss Phase World." Sam finishes, her irritation at being stranded and jobless beginning to weigh on her.
Raz listens to his compatriot as he spots the new inbound ship. It has been a while since anyone came or left. I guess the pirates in these parts are the real deal. Maybe this one will prove to be a better business venture then my previous exploits. Not that this has not been fun. I do not think life would be the same without Sam. I will have to make sure she is around from now on. I just can not get over how exciting she is able to make things. Absolutely insane. I never thought I would get so attached to a person.
Raz smiles as he downs his own drink. It's harsh and has a taste closer to an industrial cleaner then a beverage, yet Raz does not bat an eye at it. "Phaseworld did have better establishments. This one is quite nice considering the others in the area. However I do believe there is more opportunities to be had out here then in Phaseworld currently. While it may be over cautiousness which led to the shut down of traffic I believe it will also help provide for our eventual departure. Raz pauses to look over the ship as it lands.

Demolitions-- 1d100: [62] = 62 /103% (Determine cause of damage to the ship)
Mechanical Engineer-- 1d100: [57] = 57 /60% (Determine cause of damage to the ship)
Starship Mechanics-- 1d100: [94] = 94 /59% (Determine cause of damage to the ship)
Weapons Engineer-- 1d100: [58] = 58 /62% (Determine cause of damage to the ship)
Sam Animus wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:31 pm
Then, her attention is diverted to the first sounds of an incoming shuttle she has heard in days and her eyes immediately trace to its engine and the welding on the side of the bay doors. Sam can't stop herself from scoffing as her shoulders roll and she leans closer to the window. Damn, that thing has seen better days. Like a fucking century ago. She thinks to herself as she nods her head towards the ship, looking to Raz. "First ship in days and it looks like floating scrap." Sam mutters, shaking her head with a shit-talking grin as she looks away to take another bite of what's left on her plate while her smile vanishes, the food that remains none to appetizing to the elf.
Raz laughs at Sam's comment, "Floating scrap it might be, but floating scrap might provide opportunity to leave this place. Looking over the damage from here looks to be fixable. Might be able to flex our mechanical skills and join the crew. Something tells me they might be a little more exciting then this place." Raz watches as the crew departs. "That is a very mottly crew." Raz looks back and notices Sam not eating, "You should finish your food. You do not want to stay small forever, do you?"
Raz I'Syul Arro

Sixth Sense
Horror Factor: 11
I.S.P.: 39/47
M.D.C.: 204/204
Half Damage from M.D. Fire and energy attacks (Including magical)

Armor
NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 40/40
  • Arms: L: 20/20 R: 20/20
  • Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30
  • Main Body: 80/80
N-F20A Medium Force Field--OFF
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 75/75
Weapons
NE-11 Slim-Line Plasma Cartridge Rifle 17/20 (NE-003PC)

Crystal Paralyzer 20/20
Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Sam Animus
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:50 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System.

Post by Sam Animus »

[Rolls Held]
T is for Teeny wrote:"Phaseworld did have better establishments. This one is quite nice considering the others in the area. However I do believe there is more opportunities to be had out here then in Phaseworld currently. While it may be over cautiousness which led to the shut down of traffic I believe it will also help provide for our eventual departure."
Sam shakes her head and snorts. "We need to get you a tie, I mean where the fuck are we, a board meeting?" She pauses, her eyes seemingly lit up "Picture it, Business-lizard Tiny, smoothing; or annoying, people with his weird sounding, yet board-room formal conversation. They drop their guard, he bites them in the face, they sign the deal." Sam says, holding up her hands in opposing 'L's towards Tiny's face so that she sees a frame, through a sarcastic laugh before dropping her hands and sighing.
T is for Tiny wrote:"Floating scrap it might be, but floating scrap might provide opportunity to leave this place. Looking over the damage from here looks to be fixable. Might be able to flex our mechanical skills and join the crew. Something tells me they might be a little more exciting then this place."
Sam shrugs. "Well, that's not exactly a high bar to meet." Sam mutters, looking around at her fellow patrons. "Plus what's the point of signing on to a crew if all the money for jobs goes into repairs, cause, look at her. Needs some serious love, and whoever owns her needs to be shot for letting her get that bad." Sam says, her mechanics side coming out as she critically assesses the shape of the ship [rolls held].

Okay, looking at it, the engines are fucked. Those need work, I can do engines. A ship can never have too many mechanics, especially a ship that's about to fall the hell apart. And what the hell is going on with that bay door. Hull breach? Fuck it'll be a ton of work, but, this is a modifiable ship. Hmm. There could be possibilities where that engine can be modified.... add a main gun along that line, rotating secondary there.... probably has a big cargo bay too. Plenty of room to work of Blue. Fuck, damn it. I hate it when Tiny makes sense. Stupid lizard with his big stupid hammer. Fine.

Sam lets out a groan as she lowers her head in-between her shoulders and nods her head, picking it back up. "Fine. Fine! We'll talk to them." She finishes in protest of conclusion of her mental rant.
T is for Trickster wrote:"That is a very mottly crew." ... "You should finish your food. Don't want to stay small forever do you?"
"Sorry, didn't your kind start on all fours?" Sam shoots back before looking at her plate. Sam holds up a piece of the leftovers on her plate, a rather unpleasant little slice of meat that looks burnt, dried and slimey at the same time. Looking the lizard in the eye, she wiggles it and blinks. "Tell me, Tiny, would you want to eat this?" She asks rhetorically before dropping it on her plate and adding. "No? Me either. Could do for another round of alcohol though. If they're departing, one or two of them are probably hungry so you can work your charm then." Sam suggests, leaning back.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

'Sam' Animus | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Everett Culter (CS 40-4th) | Ronan Deshe (Spook Squad) | Oren Exe (PW GA)
User avatar
Raz I'Syul Arro
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:26 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System.

Post by Raz I'Syul Arro »

**Rolls Held Over**
Sam Animus wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:59 pm Sam shakes her head and snorts. "We need to get you a tie, I mean where the fuck are we, a board meeting?" She pauses, her eyes seemingly lit up "Picture it, Business-lizard Tiny, smoothing; or annoying, people with his weird sounding, yet board-room formal conversation. They drop their guard, he bites them in the face, they sign the deal." Sam says, holding up her hands in opposing 'L's towards Tiny's face so that she sees a frame, through a sarcastic laugh before dropping her hands and sighing.
Raz chuckles at Sam's descriptions of him, "I forgot. I never showed you what I did prior to our meeting." Raz pulls out a holo of himself in a business suit and tie, "I used to own my own private security company. I am very comfortable in a board room. I am also comfortable in engine bays and workshops. I do like how you ended the meeting. Some of the people I have delt with in the past were deserving of a literal head biting." Raz chuckles a little more before grabbing another drink.
Sam Animus wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:59 pm Sam shrugs. "Well, that's not exactly a high bar to meet." Sam mutters, looking around at her fellow patrons. "Plus what's the point of signing on to a crew if all the money for jobs goes into repairs, cause, look at her. Needs some serious love, and whoever owns her needs to be shot for letting her get that bad." Sam says, her mechanics side coming out as she critically assesses the shape of the ship [rolls held].

Okay, looking at it, the engines are fucked. Those need work, I can do engines. A ship can never have too many mechanics, especially a ship that's about to fall the hell apart. And what the hell is going on with that bay door. Hull breach? Fuck it'll be a ton of work, but, this is a modifiable ship. Hmm. There could be possibilities where that engine can be modified.... add a main gun along that line, rotating secondary there.... probably has a big cargo bay too. Plenty of room to work of Blue. Fuck, damn it. I hate it when Tiny makes sense. Stupid lizard with his big stupid hammer. Fine.

Sam lets out a groan as she lowers her head in-between her shoulders and nods her head, picking it back up. "Fine. Fine! We'll talk to them." She finishes in protest of conclusion of her mental rant.
Raz watches Sam, entertained by the myriad of facial expressions she cycles through during her internal thought process. She is quite the entertaining one. Raz pats her shoulder, "I am always impressed by the amount of ways you can contort your face when you are in deliberation with yourself." Raz gives Sam a toothy smile. "Would you like me to talk to them first? Or from what they look like I believe you might have a better time talking to them as I seem unable to talk casually." Raz smiles slightly at his own self-deprecating joke.
Sam Animus wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:59 pm "Sorry, didn't your kind start on all fours?" Sam shoots back before looking at her plate. Sam holds up a piece of the leftovers on her plate, a rather unpleasant little slice of meat that looks burnt, dried and slimey at the same time. Looking the lizard in the eye, she wiggles it and blinks. "Tell me, Tiny, would you want to eat this?" She asks rhetorically before dropping it on her plate and adding. "No? Me either. Could do for another round of alcohol though. If their departing, one or two of them are probably hungry so you can work your charm then." Sam suggests, leaning back.
Raz waves for another round of drinks for them, "While we might have started on all fours I do believe elves used to be a delicacy before we learned how to get along with others." Raz smiles at Sam, "But you are correct. I do believe I might be able to do a better job at preparing a meal then this place."
Raz I'Syul Arro

Sixth Sense
Horror Factor: 11
I.S.P.: 39/47
M.D.C.: 204/204
Half Damage from M.D. Fire and energy attacks (Including magical)

Armor
NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 40/40
  • Arms: L: 20/20 R: 20/20
  • Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30
  • Main Body: 80/80
N-F20A Medium Force Field--OFF
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 75/75
Weapons
NE-11 Slim-Line Plasma Cartridge Rifle 17/20 (NE-003PC)

Crystal Paralyzer 20/20
Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Sam Animus
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:50 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System.

Post by Sam Animus »

[Rolls Held]
Tiny wrote:"I forgot. I never showed you what I did prior to our meeting." ... "I used to own my own private security company. I am very comfortable in a board room. I am also comfortable in engine bays and workshops. I do like how you ended the meeting. Some of the people I have delt with in the past were deserving of a literal head biting."
Sam almost spits out her drink as she takes the holo and looks at it. "This isn't forged, is it? Well, shit." Sam concedes, holding her hands up and returning her gaze outside.
Tiny wrote:"I am always impressed by the amount of ways you can contort your face when you are in deliberation with yourself." ... "Would you like me to talk to them first? Or from what they look like I believe you might have a better time talking to them as I seem unable to talk casually."
"At least I have facial expressions and fuck that. You talk to them and work that reptilian lack of charm. I hate people. That dude over there, he can go fuck himself. That waitress that still hasn't refilled my drink, ditz. That reptilian in a trench coat sitting across from me.." She pauses and looks at Raz while shrugging with her usual shit-talking smile.
Tiny wrote:"While we might have started on all fours I do believe elves used to be a delicacy before we learned how to get along with others." ... "But you are correct. I do believe I might be able to do a better job at preparing a meal then this place."
Sam waves off his comment with a sideline glance. "In some ways, anyone can be a delicacy." She says through dry humor before nodding to the ship. "Take bets on if that ship even has a functional galley?" Sam asks, looking around to try to flag down the waitress for another drink. "Okay seriously, it might be shit alcohol but I'm getting annoyed." Sam adds.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

'Sam' Animus | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Everett Culter (CS 40-4th) | Ronan Deshe (Spook Squad) | Oren Exe (PW GA)
User avatar
MOD
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:41 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System.

Post by MOD »

Perception (21%) 1d100<21: [4*] = 1
JiC 1d20: [8] = 8 / 1d100: [5] = 5

Corporeal stuff
Create physical form 1d4: [3] = 3 hours
Physical shell: Blonde grunge schoolgirl

Skill rolls
Sing 1d100<40: [31*] = 1 - Do the karaoke
Mimic sounds and whistles 1d100<82: [89] = 0 - Distort voice

MOD leads the passengers on to the ship, stopping by the airlock to make sure that the Baron is secure on eir way to the bridge. The last message by the Horune concerned M a little. Ey stands over the radar watching the ships start to approach the Reavers' location, while one of the other crew members gets the Kibiko off the ground. Ey had hoped to start the interrogation once they were in the air, but getting clear of their pursuers is a higher priority.

On the ships comms, MOD reaches out to Zathark, who is presumably waiting by the airlock. "We're going to wait to question the Baron until we get to a safe port. Why don't you make our guest feel welcome for the time being."

Presumably, Zathark will then start taunting the Baron and showing off any torture devices he has ready to use. Back on the bridge, MOD continues to watch the radar with growing concern.
Wolfen wrote:"Whoa. I've never seen that many Gorang airships in one place. We need to leave!"
"No shiv," MOD mutters. "Any ideas on how to lose them?"

Thankfully, the wolfen does in fact know a safe destination, and guides them to Geo. As the Wolfen guides the Kibiko through the storm, MOD notices their pursuers giving them more distance. With a sigh, MOD decides that ey have time to change looks. Immediately, ey sheds eir physical shell. Instead of turning into a glowing orb, ey projects what will be eir new physical shell, a humanoid woman. The the new look similar to the waif, Madamoiselle Orsey Ducorp, but more disturbed. Ey still has shoulder length blonde hair, but the sides and back have been buzzed short, revealing a series of RAF roundels that are like leopard spots. Instead of a bold but impeccable dress, ey wears a fuzzy green cropped sweater with a black plaid skirt and matching combat boots. The makeup is deliberately disheveled to match the outfit, smeared black eyeliner and chipped black nail polish. Ey start as a light projection, but over the next several hours MOD turns that into a proper body. Oh, I'm going to look special for the Baron's interrogation.
Wolfen wrote:"Home. I never thought I'd see this place again. Welcome to Geo."
Zathark wrote:"Wait, what? Who tole scruffy we'd take him home for FREE? Scrod that. Whatcha got worth anything there, whiskers?
"I did," MOD replies. "He earned his keep for this voyage." But the others have to pay. MOD then heads down to the hold where the other passengers are and collects whatever ey can from them. Ey puts all the UTC in to the crew's group funds. This should be able to keep us stocked for a little bit. But I suppose we'll need to find more lucrative work if anyone wants to get paid.

Once things have been settled, MOD checks to make sure that the airlock is secure and the Baron will not be able to escape while they are on Geo. Then ey leads the Reavers to the nearest restaurant. MOD is immediately excited by the prospect of karaoke and skips into the location. Ey grabs a table in the middle of the restaurant. "Alright gents, meal's going on the group fund. Please don't bankrupt us while I'm singing."

M grabs the song catalog and flips through it eagerly. Trash. Trash. I can sing that, but it's trash. Not bad, but don't feel like singing that one. Ooooooooooo, Iconic Pop! This is my mood! The phantom enters eir song selection and takes the stage.

I got this feeling in the dead of space when you blew up
I crashed the ship into the sun, I watched, I let it burn
I threw the borg into the airlock and let it out
I crashed the ship into the sun

I don't care, I love it!
I don't care!

You're in a star system, we're in another galaxy
You want to take us down, my finger is on the kill switch
You're from Naruni, but I'm a 90's bitch!

I love it!


MOD blasts out the song full throated glee. At the chorus ey tries to give eir voice a reverb effect, but instead croaks out the words with a harsh scratch, midway between vocal fry and a broken subwoofer. Actually, that sounds cool.After finishing eir song, ey prances back to the table with a broad smile. "Woo! That was fun! Who wants to sing next?"

While the others eat their meals and/or sign up to sing, M scans the room and looks around. Ey spots Raz and Sam sitting in the corner. An elf and a seljuk, that's an interesting pair. Ey notices the two watching the table. M cocks a half-smile and gives them a wink.
MOD (pronouns: ey/em/eir)
M.D.C. (Energy Form): 50
M.D.C. (Physical Shell): 70
P.P.E.: 448
User avatar
Sam Animus
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:50 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System.

Post by Sam Animus »

[Rolls Held]

Sam is more than a little interested that a disheveled looking schoolgirl is leading a pack containing a space goblin and a space vampire, she snorts while trying to drink at seeing the sight. "Yeah, fuck whatever that ship is about. Looks like some freakshow..." She pauses, glancing to Raz then to her own tats and shrugs. "Not that we aren't one ourselves." She adds with a scoff. Sam will watch them as they enter as they are more interesting than anything else on this dead rock.
Schoolgirl? wrote:"Alright gents, meal's going on the group fund. Please don't bankrupt us while I'm singing."
Sam blinks. Sing? She pauses as she watches the schoolgirl move to the karaoke stand and pick up the booklet and her eyes widen with horror. She quickly grabs Raz's arm. "Dude, we gotta book. This bar is about to go from nice and quiet to annoyingly--"
Damn it wrote:I got this feeling in the dead of space when you blew up
I crashed the ship into the sun, I watched, I let it burn
I threw the borg into the airlock and let it out
I crashed the ship into the sun

I don't care, I love it!
I don't care!

You're in a star system, we're in another galaxy
You want to take us down, my finger is on the kill switch
You're from Naruni, but I'm a 90's bitch!

I love it!
The singing cuts off Sam's warning as she finishes "...loud." and she just lets her head hang. "Damn it." She groans and leans back looking to the singer. When the singer winks at her and Raz, she glances at Raz from the side. "We're marked now. May as well go say hi." Sam resigns.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

'Sam' Animus | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Everett Culter (CS 40-4th) | Ronan Deshe (Spook Squad) | Oren Exe (PW GA)
User avatar
Raz I'Syul Arro
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:26 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System.

Post by Raz I'Syul Arro »

**Rolls Held Over**
Sam Animus wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:41 am "At least I have facial expressions and fuck that. You talk to them and work that reptilian lack of charm. I hate people. That dude over there, he can go fuck himself. That waitress that still hasn't refilled my drink, ditz. That reptilian in a trench coat sitting across from me.." She pauses and looks at Raz while shrugging with her usual shit-talking smile.
Raz laughs when Sam describes him, "Those damn trench coat reptilians...They will get you every time." Raz's laugh is not what one would call normal. It is a raspy hissing sound that is very unnerving to hear. Something close to the sound of skipping static on a record being scratched by a DJ.
Sam Animus wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:41 am Sam waves off his comment with a sideline glance. "In some ways, anyone can be a delicacy." She says through dry humor before nodding to the ship. "Take bets on if that ship even has a functional galley?" Sam asks, looking around to try to flag down the waitress for another drink. "Okay seriously, it might be shit alcohol but I'm getting annoyed." Sam adds.
Raz holds out his clawed hand, "Ten credits there is a working galley or cooking station." Raz looks around not seeing their waitress. "I'll go get us another round of drinks."
Sam Animus wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:41 am Sam is more than a little interested that a disheveled looking schoolgirl is leading a pack containing a space goblin and a space vampire, she snorts while trying to drink at seeing the sight. "Yeah, fuck whatever that ship is about. Looks like some freakshow..." She pauses, glancing to Raz then to her own tats and shrugs. "Not that we aren't one ourselves." She adds with a scoff. Sam will watch them as they enter as they are more interesting than anything else on this dead rock.
Raz chuckles quietly again, "We are a unique pair. They look like a very unique set of individuals. I think they would be an entertaining bunch to be around."

Before Raz can get up the singing starts. Raz listens intently and laughs at Sam being cut off in the middle of her talking. "I though she was quite good. A little scratchy at the end. Couldn't quite get the warble out but over all not a bad job. And I enjoyed the variation of the song." Raz gets up and raises an empty glass towards the girl in salute for her singing.

As Raz moves to the bar to get a few more glasses of the industrial cleaner he and Sam have been drinking he looks over to the girl again. What an interesting bunch. I should talk to the girl while I wait for my order to be filled. While Raz waits for his drinks to be filled he walks over to the girl, "I am Raz. My partner over there is Sam. Wave hi Sam...I thought your singing was wonderful. I quite enjoyed your rendition of the song. Did you come up with the Lyrics on your own?" MOD can see Raz's scales on his face are slightly discolored. Evidence of scars from explosions and mild burns. Raz's hands are clawed but seem to be marked with small scars from shrapnel.
Raz I'Syul Arro

Sixth Sense
Horror Factor: 11
I.S.P.: 39/47
M.D.C.: 204/204
Half Damage from M.D. Fire and energy attacks (Including magical)

Armor
NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 40/40
  • Arms: L: 20/20 R: 20/20
  • Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30
  • Main Body: 80/80
N-F20A Medium Force Field--OFF
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 75/75
Weapons
NE-11 Slim-Line Plasma Cartridge Rifle 17/20 (NE-003PC)

Crystal Paralyzer 20/20
Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Sam Animus
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:50 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System.

Post by Sam Animus »

[Rolls Held]
Raz is Tiny wrote: "I'll go get us another round of drinks."... "We are a unique pair. They look like a very unique set of individuals. I think they would be an entertaining bunch to be around."
Sam gestures around to the other patrons of the dull bar. "In comparison too...?" She asks rhetorically.
Tiny is Raz wrote:"I though she was quite good. A little scratchy at the end. Couldn't quite get the warble out but over all not a bad job. And I enjoyed the variation of the song."
Sam, while leaning on the table and using her arms crossed as a pillow and post to lean against, looks at Raz sideways. "Seriously?" She asks without specifying as Raz gets up after the song. Sam groans to herself but admits the reptile is right. Ugh, hopefully these people don't suck. Still not sure about that promepire or goblin. The promepire looks creepy as fuck. Sam thinks to herself as she studies the group while Raz approaches it after ordering. Shit, he really is just walking right the hell up to them. Yup, there's gonna be a barfight. Sam reasons.
Tiny is Talking too much wrote:"I am Raz. My partner over there is Sam. Wave hi Sam...I thought your singing was wonderful. I quite enjoyed your rendition of the song. Did you come up with the Lyrics on your own?"
Sam has to control her face to stop it from forming into a frown and the expression she instead expresses must look far closer to someone who is extremely uncomfortable. She lets her posting arm's hand go from hanging limply above her head to waving as she sits up and rolls her neck before standing. He knows. Did it on purpose. Fucking lizard, gonna modify his shield so it electrocutes him. Sam thinks as she approaches, the contortion on her face forming into a forced smile.

"Yeah, sure, good singing. How are you at drinking?" Sam says, stopping at the table, overlooking the group.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

'Sam' Animus | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Everett Culter (CS 40-4th) | Ronan Deshe (Spook Squad) | Oren Exe (PW GA)
User avatar
MOD
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:41 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System.

Post by MOD »

<Rolls carry>
MOD doesn't respond to Raz's salute simply mainlining eir smile. Ey then watches the seljuk get up from his table and go to the bar. Ey notices his scars; then again, one expects most people living in an industrial backwater like this have been involved in multiple industrial accidents. Still, the two of them are making it a point to not mind their own business. MOD wonders what that could mean. Maybe they're local heavies here to collect a port tax? Stranded travelers? Marks we can rob? Or ferry to their next port? Maybe then rob them? Nonetheless, MOD doesn't pretend to not stare at them. While Raz talks to the bartender, ey taps a finger at eir temple and then salutes Sam. Then Raz approaches M.
Raz I'Syul Arro wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:24 pm"I am Raz. My partner over there is Sam. Wave hi Sam."
"Obviously Deranged, Mavis Obviously Deranged. But you can call me M." Ey extends a hand.
Raz I'Syul Arro wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:24 pm"I thought your singing was wonderful. I quite enjoyed your rendition of the song. Did you come up with the Lyrics on your own"
"You've never heard of Iconic Pop? Charli XoX? This was a maxi-pop anthem like 12 years ago, I think? Well Charli has been slinging out bangers ever since. She's amazing, the way she struts with an I-don't-give-a-fux attitude over such giddy beats. Like she churns out at least two killer singles a year, and even the off album tracks are brilliant. Her best collaborations were with Emily and the Empresses, super high femme, which is cool with Em's butch growl. I never got her until I heard "Gone", like the swagger is fine and all, but she's a pop star not a rocker. Go more Planet Mercury and less Jaggoff. Now Charli can do rock, her music has so many layers, and if you can get past all the feedback she uses, which you shouldn't because that's the point, you can hear her pulling from a lot of hip influences, including..." Ey pauses.

"Ahem. Right, so these are my... companions, Mac, the Doctor, and Zathark." MOD points to the other Reavers sitting at the table. Then ey leans close to Raz and whispers, "You might not want to shake his hands. He's a biter. So what's up? Is there anything to do in this cinder block?"
Sam Animus wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:48 pm"Yeah, sure, good singing. How are you at drinking?"
"We're alright for the moment. The boys are shaking a bit of a hangover from a beach party we were raving at last night. You know how it is. One day you're salvaging a wrecked hulk, and then sundown comes and everyone's snorting fish flakes off phase beamer (who the fux knows why?), and throwing each other sport. Right?"
MOD (pronouns: ey/em/eir)
M.D.C. (Energy Form): 50
M.D.C. (Physical Shell): 70
P.P.E.: 448
User avatar
Raz I'Syul Arro
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:26 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System.

Post by Raz I'Syul Arro »

**Rolls Held Over**
MOD wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:06 pm Obviously Deranged. Mavis Obviously Deranged. But you can call me M." Ey extends a hand.
Raz doesn't bay an eye at the name and has a pleasant smile on his face. Well his version of a pleasant smile, "A pleasure, M. I do love a good unique name. It means something to have a unique name such as yours. I think you should embrace it, but that is just my opinion." Raz gives a solid firm hand shake, but not one to test strength.

When Sam makes her way over Raz will pat her on her head, the way a father might to a daughter. Its easy as Sam is literally half of Raz's just over 10 foot height, "Hey Nice of you to come over and say Hi. Drinks are almost ready. Meet M. She has the most unique name Mavis Obviously Deranged." Raz continues to say the name like it's not the most ridiculous thing in the three galaxies. I know she is just being cautious and I can not blame her. I would use a made up name as well. But I might as well use what she has given me. Makes this a lot more fun.
MOD wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:06 pm "You've never heard of Iconic Pop? Charli XoX? This was a maxi-pop anthem like 12 years ago, I think? Well Charli has been slinging out bangers ever since. She's amazing, the way she struts with an I-don't-give-a-fux attitude over such giddy beats. Like she churns out at least two killer singles a year, and even the off album tracks are brilliant. Her best collaborations were with Emily and the Empresses, super high femme, which is cool with Em's butch growl. I never got her until I heard "Gone", like the swagger is fine and all, but she's a pop star not a rocker. Go more Planet Mercury and less Jaggoff. Now Charli can do rock, her music has so many layers, and if you can get past all the feedback she uses, which you shouldn't because that's the point, you can hear her pulling from a lot of hip influences, including..." Ey pauses.

Ahem. Right, so these are my... companions, Mac, the Doctor, and Zathark. MOD points to the other Reavers sitting at the table. Then ey leans close to Raz and whispers, "You might not want to shake his hands. He's a biter. So what's up? Is there anything to do in this cinder block?"
Sam Animus wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:48 pm"Yeah, sure, good singing. How are you at drinking?"
"We're alright for the moment. The boys are shaking a bit of a hangover from a beach party we were raving at last night. You know how it is. One day you're salvaging a wrecked hulk, and then sundown comes and everyone's snorting fish flakes off phase beamer (who the fux knows why?), and throwing each other sport. Right?"
Raz lets M continue on listening to every word, "I do love a good musician. They are so hard to find these day. I must thank you for your choice of song. I will have to look up more music made by Charli and her associates. I think music helps people express themselves to the fullest. It sounds as if you hold music in a similar regard." Raz looks to the others at M's table and gives a slight bow in their direction and whispers back to M, "If I could not handle a few nibbles I would have never made it this far, but I appreciate the warning all the same." Raz winks at M. Raz straightens back up, "My what a party that must have been. What I would give to have been there to see it. It does sound like you and your friends came from a place much more exciting then here. Unfortunately this place has been under a lockdown of late. Too many have been scared of pirates to leave. You are looking at the best karaoke bar in Geo." Raz leans in slightly, "That is not saying much. But the alcohol is strong and cheap. A great place to lose yourself for a little while. Or a good place to rest while you fix your ship." Raz brings himself slightly closer to M. "I may be out of line but looking at your ship...she has seen better days. Looking at your people nursing hangovers. Only one looks to be mechanically inclined. Myself and Sam are both top notch Mechanics among other things, but we can get into that later. For now, we would be willing to trade services, namely assisting with mechanical repairs for spots on your crew. You can get a feel for us and see if we fit in while fixing that flying wreck. Cause looking at her, she is not long for this world if not cared for properly. What do you say?" Raz continues to have a very pleasant smile on his face.
Raz I'Syul Arro

Sixth Sense
Horror Factor: 11
I.S.P.: 39/47
M.D.C.: 204/204
Half Damage from M.D. Fire and energy attacks (Including magical)

Armor
NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 40/40
  • Arms: L: 20/20 R: 20/20
  • Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30
  • Main Body: 80/80
N-F20A Medium Force Field--OFF
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 75/75
Weapons
NE-11 Slim-Line Plasma Cartridge Rifle 17/20 (NE-003PC)

Crystal Paralyzer 20/20
Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Sam Animus
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:50 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System.

Post by Sam Animus »

[Rolls Held]
Talkative Tiny wrote:"A pleasure, M. I do love a good unique name. It means something to have a unique name such as yours. I think you should embrace it, but that is just my opinion."... Hey Nice of you to come over and say Hi. Drinks are almost ready. Meet M. She has the most unique name Mavis Obviously Deranged."
Sam will not offer to, nor accept any offer to shake hands with the crew sitting at the table, instead standing cross-armed next to and in front of Raz, though only barely. She glances to Tiny with a slight roll of her eyes. Forgot he doesn't know my full name. Sam remembers, contently ignoring the idle conversation, at least until she feels the large, reptilian hand make contact with her head. Is that... is... is that a hand on my head?

There is no rhyme or reason to the flash of red that swelled through the elven psi-tech as she emits an electrical discharge by touch against Tiny. [ 1d6: [1] = 1 M.D.C.] The electricity sparks through her purple hair and across her body as she glances up to the much larger reptile. "Excuse the fuck out of you? What am I, your pet?" Sam quips as the discharge forces Raz to pull his hand back. She turns her head back towards M and is visibly seen collecting herself as the electricity dies down. She takes the drink from Tiny and takes a solid drink before nodding. "So, unique name, unique crew, coming to a dead heap of a planet. This place is on lockdown due to pirate raids, so your the first ship seen in days and may well be a target of said raids if you stay too long." Sam says matter-of-factly

She then looks to Raz as he begins his pitch, and she tries her best to control her boredom of the businessman she associates with. Seriously, if I knew that Tiny was a businessman, shit. Start a business, a robot repair shop or some shit. He deals with people, I work on machines. Be a perfect set up. Sam thinks in her head during the explanation.
Tiny the Trepidatious wrote:"I may be out of line but looking at your ship...she has seen better days. Looking at your people nursing hangovers. Only one looks to be mechanically inclined. Myself and Sam are both top notch Mechanics among other things, but we can get into that later. For now, we would be willing to trade services, namely assisting with mechanical repairs for spots on your crew. You can get a feel for us and see if we fit in while fixing that flying wreck. Cause looking at her, she is not long for this world if not cared for properly. What do you say?"
Sam breaks from her internal monologue and nods along. "Tiny here is being kind. Your ship needs a crew of mechanics, luckily I am a crew of mechanics. Tiny is my people person; he's a good assistant mechanic though." Sam jabs playfully before looking back to M. "Seriously though, this planet is a bust so if it's a pit stop, we can make ourselves worth while if you get us off this rock." Sam adds.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

'Sam' Animus | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Everett Culter (CS 40-4th) | Ronan Deshe (Spook Squad) | Oren Exe (PW GA)
User avatar
Raz I'Syul Arro
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:26 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System.

Post by Raz I'Syul Arro »

**Rolls Held Over**
Active Effects:
  • Sixth Sense
  • Horror Factor: 11
  • Half Damage From Energy Weapons and MD Fire (Includes Magical Attacks)
  • Keen Sense of Smell and Sharp Color vision
  • NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor: +5% to prowl skill; -70% to electronic perception/detection rolls; Masks IR and Thermal Emissions
  • Personal MDC: 227/227
Regeneration Roll: 1d6*10: [2]*10 = 20 Per hour = 1 MDC regenerated in 3.5 minutes

Sam Animus wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:15 pm There is no rhyme or reason to the flash of red that swelled through the elven psi-tech as she emits an electrical discharge by touch against Tiny. [ 1d6: [1] = 1 M.D.C.] The electricity sparks through her purple hair and across her body as she glances up to the much larger reptile. "Excuse the fuck out of you? What am I, your pet?" Sam quips as the discharge forces Raz to pull his hand back. She turns her head back towards M and is visibly seen collecting herself as the electricity dies down. She takes the drink from Tiny and takes a solid drink before nodding. "So, unique name, unique crew, coming to a dead heap of a planet. This place is on lockdown due to pirate raids, so your the first ship seen in days and may well be a target of said raids if you stay too long." Sam says matter-of-factly
Raz gently lifts his hand away from Sam's head. Raz does not seem bothered by the electrical discharge. His face is that of a Father when his child goes forth on their own. Did I take it too far? Maybe...Maybe not...Oh well she will get over it. She needs someone to take care of her. Maybe she can take care of herself? She still need help in that department. An expression missed by Sam, but not the others at the table. Raz's expression quickly turns back to his pleasant smile and cheery features...Can a Seljuk be considered cheery? Anyway Raz returns to the pleasantries.

Raz has a toothy grins as looks at Sam, "That tickled. You have gotten better at that. I'm impressed with how fast you were able to summon it. And, No I would never consider you a pet. A wonderful partner you have been, but never a pet."

Raz looks back to the others at the table, "Now where were we? Oh Yes..." Raz continues his pitch from before. The small burn on his hand no longer visible.
Raz I'Syul Arro

Sixth Sense
Horror Factor: 11
I.S.P.: 39/47
M.D.C.: 204/204
Half Damage from M.D. Fire and energy attacks (Including magical)

Armor
NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 40/40
  • Arms: L: 20/20 R: 20/20
  • Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30
  • Main Body: 80/80
N-F20A Medium Force Field--OFF
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 75/75
Weapons
NE-11 Slim-Line Plasma Cartridge Rifle 17/20 (NE-003PC)

Crystal Paralyzer 20/20
Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
The Machine
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:24 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System.

Post by The Machine »

Perception: 1d100: [91] = 91 /49%
Just in Case: 1d20: [20] = 20 ; 1d100: [73] = 73
Conditions: None.

HP: 30/30
S.D.C.: 22/22
I.S.P.: 35/35
P.P.E.: 137/127


When Bert woke up in the morning, his brain felt like a large herbivore was gently nuzzling it, a dull pain that pulsed in beat with his traitorous heart. The inside of Bert's mouth felt like he'd been drinking raw sewage and the mess around him didn't exactly make that option unrealistic. With a grunt, Bert manages to get to his feet, but not without a fresh batch of nausea. Barely keeping whatever is left in his stomach inside, Bert stumbles to the others. Bert isn't good for more than animal grunts and generally dumb pointing, so when MOD tells him to take care of the passengers, Bert just dumbly points towards the ship and grunts.

The warning of incoming ships causes Bert's brain pain to flair up and he vomits on himself once more. Urrghh.... I wisssh I was... Bert's brain tries to think, but it just kind of trails off. Bert gets behind the controls of the ship and does his best to coax the wounded vehicle to flight and onto something resembling a flight path. When the Wolfen points out a possible safe space, Bert just grunts and follows directions.

When the ship is landed, Bert is unsure how it happened, he kind of blacked out for a good chunk of the trip. "Gods kill me..." Bert says to himself as he gets up and searches out pain meds and water. Once medicated, Bert waits a bit for his brain to stop feeling like the plaything of two Tresnik wrestlers. By that point everyone seems to have left him.

Bert for his part makes his way to the cargo hold and begins to sift through the ship parts and begins the monumental task of rebuilding the Kibiko.

Drive Repair 1d100: [35] = 35 /58% (Begin part organization)
They call me The Machine.
"When one wants to not be caught, one should have a cover identity that is very different to themselves." ~Burt.
User avatar
MOD
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:41 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System.

Post by MOD »

<Rolls carry>
Raz I'Syul Arro wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:48 pm"I do love a good musician. They are so hard to find these day. I must thank you for your choice of song. I will have to look up more music made by Charli and her associates. I think music helps people express themselves to the fullest. It sounds as if you hold music in a similar regard."
"Good music is good music," MOD shrugs. "Like there's Three Galaxies of all kinds of sound and they're all so fascinating from the perfectly constructed pop of Carli Slay to some semi-sentient thing from the Thundercloud Galaxy banging its head on a metal disc. It's just a matter of what you're in the mood for. Like sometimes you just want to rock out to a full on banger, or listen to a gentle drone that could almost sound like the background hum of a pulsar, or better yet when someone remixes the sound of a pulsar humming into a full on banger. Pulse and bass is going to be the next big thing."

Wait, I need to remember not everyone is as pathologically obsessed with music as me. "But I get carried away." Ey then casually mentions the rager from the night before.
Raz I'Syul Arro wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:48 pm"My what a party that must have been. What I would give to have been there to see it. It does sound like you and your friends came from a place much more exciting then here. Unfortunately this place has been under a lockdown of late. Too many have been scared of pirates to leave. You are looking at the best karaoke bar in Geo."
"Pirates, huh? Well that explains who was following us." MOD almost sounds relieved saying that. "Would also explain why this place is so dead. Either that or this is just another corporate-industrial wasteland that's on the bottom of the economic food chain."
Sam Animus wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:15 pm"So, unique name, unique crew, coming to a dead heap of a planet. This place is on lockdown due to pirate raids, so your the first ship seen in days and may well be a target of said raids if you stay too long."
"Oh, I'm sure there is worse out there," MOD replies obliquely as ey lean eir shoulder into the back of the chair looking up at the two.
Raz I'Syul Arro wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:48 pm"That is not saying much. But the alcohol is strong and cheap. A great place to lose yourself for a little while. Or a good place to rest while you fix your ship." Raz brings himself slightly closer to M. "I may be out of line but looking at your ship...she has seen better days. Looking at your people nursing hangovers. Only one looks to be mechanically inclined. Myself and Sam are both top notch Mechanics among other things, but we can get into that later. For now, we would be willing to trade services, namely assisting with mechanical repairs for spots on your crew. You can get a feel for us and see if we fit in while fixing that flying wreck. Cause looking at her, she is not long for this world if not cared for properly. What do you say?"
Sam Animus wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:15 pm"Tiny here is being kind. Your ship needs a crew of mechanics, luckily I am a crew of mechanics. Tiny is my people person; he's a good assistant mechanic though." Sam jabs playfully before looking back to M. "Seriously though, this planet is a bust so if it's a pit stop, we can make ourselves worth while if you get us off this rock."
"Yeah, we kinda sorta found (and stole) the ship in that condition. It's a long story, but the short is we're in the middle of a rebuild while we're docked here. I'm sure our engineeee... Mac? Huh, I guess he didn't want a hot meal. Well I'm sure he could use some help.

"But let's be real," MOD brushes back eir hair with one hand, revealing the roundels on the side of eir head, "sure you're mechanics. But you're not just mechanics. One does not get shrapnel embedded in eir hands like that working on a ship's reactor. Not that I'm judging, because me and the boys respect people that have unique skill sets. And we're always looking for new traveling mates. We're what you might call a collective. We look for opportunities to make a quick cred, and you two seem like the type to do the same kind of work we do. I'm sure you know what I mean.

"Now, as de facto proprietor of the ship," MOD pauses to stare at both the Doctor and Zathark and see if either challenges him, then resumes, "I'm offering you spots on our ship. You'll make a get a share of anything we might salvage or otherwise procure, and a cut of any profits made as a team. That being said, you know that one makes a lot of enemies doing these types of things. If you join us, our enemies are your enemies. (And visa versa I suppose, but that's a problem for much later.) This is a high risk high reward team. We could make a tidy profit causing shenanigans. But it's just as likely that your charred corpses end up floating in the dead of space. Great sales pitch, I know. But! I think we all know you're looking for a fun way off this slag grinder. And as sure as my middle name is Obviously, that's what I'm offering you."
MOD (pronouns: ey/em/eir)
M.D.C. (Energy Form): 50
M.D.C. (Physical Shell): 70
P.P.E.: 448
User avatar
Sam Animus
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:50 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System.

Post by Sam Animus »

[Rolls Held]
Tiny the Toad wrote:"That tickled. You have gotten better at that. I'm impressed with how fast you were able to summon it. And, No I would never consider you a pet. A wonderful partner you have been, but never a pet."
Sam rolls her eyes, looking sideways and up towards Raz. "Pfft, I fed you pizza one time and you never stopped following me after that." Sam sarcastically jests.
M is for muppet wrote:"Yeah, we kinda sorta found (and stole) the ship in that condition. It's a long story, but the short is we're in the middle of a rebuild while we're docked here. I'm sure our engineeee... Mac? Huh, I guess he didn't want a hot meal. Well I'm sure he could use some help."
Sam lifts an eyebrow at the mention of acquiring it and keeping it afloat. Huh, okay. Maybe I can get along with the crew. If they have a mechanic that has been able to keep that bucket going as is, they've gotta be worth something on their own. Hope they don't get pissy when others fuck around with his engine, I know I would if it were mine... No one touches Blue. Sam thinks to herself during M's monologue.
M is for Maggot wrote:"But let's be real," MOD brushes back eir hair with one hand, revealing the roundels on the side of eir head, "sure you're mechanics. But you're not just mechanics. One does not get shrapnel embedded in eir hands like that working on a ship's reactor. Not that I'm judging, because me and the boys respect people that have unique skill sets. And we're always looking for new traveling mates. We're what you might call a collective. We look for opportunities to make a quick cred, and you two seem like the type to do the same kind of work we do. I'm sure you know what I mean.
Sam narrows her eyes as M continues eir monologue with subtle irritation. No, if I had my choice I'd just be a mechanic. I can build robots that'll shoot people who walk into my work area; I just need a damn work area that won't get blown the fuck up. But no, set up shop, planet dies. But, fair; I can kill... I wonder if I can make it to where Blue can follow me. Give it an artificial intelligence that can operate it when I am not using it... oh shit, then I wouldn't be able to connect as well would I... well I never tried... Hmm, worth investigating.
M is for Mamzer wrote:"Now, as de facto proprietor of the ship," ... "I'm offering you spots on our ship. You'll make a get a share of anything we might salvage or otherwise procure, and a cut of any profits made as a team. That being said, you know that one makes a lot of enemies doing these types of things. If you join us, our enemies are your enemies. (And visa versa I suppose, but that's a problem for much later.) This is a high risk high reward team. We could make a tidy profit causing shenanigans. But it's just as likely that your charred corpses end up floating in the dead of space. Great sales pitch, I know. But! I think we all know you're looking for a fun way off this slag grinder. And as sure as my middle name is Obviously, that's what I'm offering you."
Sam blinks. A barter for a ride turned into a job offer? How damn desperate is this crew? Sam questions herself, looking to Tiny before rolling her eyes again. Fuck it, he don't decide for me. Sam decides, though her arms remain crossed. "Look, I'll be frank. I hate people; most everyone, honestly. Everyone's a tool or out to knife someone in the back. Me, I just like working on machines and killing whoever fucking interrupts me, present company excluded." Sam pauses, nodding to Raz. "So, yeah. You give me space to work, cash for my projects, and I'll help you kill anyone who attacks. So long as you aren't slavers. Tiny and I don't really give a damn about the jobs. Get on my good side, I'll even soup up your gear too." Sam states, uncrossing her arms and settling her hands on her hips exuding nothing but confidence in her words..
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

'Sam' Animus | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Everett Culter (CS 40-4th) | Ronan Deshe (Spook Squad) | Oren Exe (PW GA)
User avatar
Raz I'Syul Arro
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:26 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System.

Post by Raz I'Syul Arro »

**Rolls Carried Over**
Active Effects:
  • Sixth Sense
  • Horror Factor: 11
  • Half Damage From Energy Weapons and MD Fire (Includes Magical Attacks)
  • Keen Sense of Smell and Sharp Color vision
  • NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor: +5% to prowl skill; -70% to electronic perception/detection rolls; Masks IR and Thermal Emissions
Sam Animus wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:14 pm Sam rolls her eyes, looking sideways and up towards Raz. "Pfft, I fed you pizza one time and you never stopped following me after that." Sam sarcastically jests.
Raz chuckles at Sam's joking nature, "Only you can work a microwave like that. Some how you can make Pizza Rolls taste like a gourmet meal. I was addicted the moment you gave them to me." Raz clutches his chest dramatically as he continues to joke with Sam.

MOD wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:22 pm "Yeah, we kinda sorta found (and stole) the ship in that condition. It's a long story, but the short is we're in the middle of a rebuild while we're docked here. I'm sure our engineeee... Mac? Huh, I guess he didn't want a hot meal. Well I'm sure he could use some help.

"But let's be real," MOD brushes back eir hair with one hand, revealing the roundels on the side of eir head, "sure you're mechanics. But you're not just mechanics. One does not get shrapnel embedded in eir hands like that working on a ship's reactor. Not that I'm judging, because me and the boys respect people that have unique skill sets. And we're always looking for new traveling mates. We're what you might call a collective. We look for opportunities to make a quick cred, and you two seem like the type to do the same kind of work we do. I'm sure you know what I mean.

"Now, as de facto proprietor of the ship," MOD pauses to stare at both the Doctor and Zathark and see if either challenges him, then resumes, "I'm offering you spots on our ship. You'll make a get a share of anything we might salvage or otherwise procure, and a cut of any profits made as a team. That being said, you know that one makes a lot of enemies doing these types of things. If you join us, our enemies are your enemies. (And visa versa I suppose, but that's a problem for much later.) This is a high risk high reward team. We could make a tidy profit causing shenanigans. But it's just as likely that your charred corpses end up floating in the dead of space. Great sales pitch, I know. But! I think we all know you're looking for a fun way off this slag grinder. And as sure as my middle name is Obviously, that's what I'm offering you."
Raz leans back and listens as M goes into their own pitch. Interesting counter offer. Better then anything else we are liable to receive right now. interesting dynamic. Looks like leadership is still new. That look back making sure they are still in charge. So ground floor of their operation so to speak. This could be it. This could be what I could not find in the Rogues. A change to build my influence and underground networks...a grey market. Not black. Not white. But something in between. It will be fun regardless of the out come.

Raz grins as M point's out the scars on Raz's hands, "You have a keen eye. I am only mechanically inclined to ensure I can breach a wall/ship or safe without destroying it's contents." Raz smiles and looks to Sam for a moment. I never did tell her what I really do, did I? Well she should be in for a good shock. Raz looks back to M, a sly smile on his face, "I am a safe-cracker by trade." Raz pauses for a moment to let that sink in to those around him, "And I accept your offer of a place on your crew. As far as making enemies...that is nothing new. Make enemies, make Allies. Eventually things come due. It is the way of things. Dangerous jobs are the only ones worth pursuing. And your sales pitch was quite good. Expectation management is what a lot of people forget about these days. Too many people are worried about looking good so they only include the rainbows and fluff. It is nice to meet someone so straight forward as yourself. It is a refreshing change. That is why Sam and I have been bumping around together. She never makes herself out to be anything she is not." Raz extends a hand to M. "I look forward to working with you and the rest of the crew."
Raz I'Syul Arro

Sixth Sense
Horror Factor: 11
I.S.P.: 39/47
M.D.C.: 204/204
Half Damage from M.D. Fire and energy attacks (Including magical)

Armor
NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 40/40
  • Arms: L: 20/20 R: 20/20
  • Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30
  • Main Body: 80/80
N-F20A Medium Force Field--OFF
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 75/75
Weapons
NE-11 Slim-Line Plasma Cartridge Rifle 17/20 (NE-003PC)

Crystal Paralyzer 20/20
Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Zathark
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:26 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System.

Post by Zathark »

(Rolls carried over)
MOD wrote:"I did. He earned his keep for this voyage."
Zathark shrugs. "If you say so." He turns to Dr. White, and whispers "What's the going rate for a Wolfen pelt anyhow?"

Zathark follows MOD, in eir little girl guise, to the ramshackle eatery and entertainery. Being a diminutive sort himself, he finds the teen form MOD uses to be oddly comforting - he doesn't have to crane his neck to look em in the eyes when ey're in this form. Not that he would ever say so. He also likes the way everyone underestimates MOD in this form.

Head now only moderately pounding, Zathark is appreciative of the dim lighting inside the establishment. He pulls himself up into a too-large-for-his-goblin-frame chair, and looks at the menu.
MOD wrote:"Alright gents, meal's going on the group fund. Please don't bankrupt us while I'm singing."
Zathark grunts, not making much sense of the menu, and tosses it down in disgust. When the waitress comes, he simply asks for:

"Meat."

...and doesn't answer any follow up questions. His decision making process in places like this is often the same, and it commonly amounts to:

Too many flergin' choices. These people is S-A-F-T SOFT.

suddenly, MOD is onstage. there is noise pumping out of the speakers, and MOD's words are trying to match the thumping noise somehow. Zathark tilts his head one way, then the other, trying to make sense of it. Then something twigs in his brain.

"Heh. Heh heh. Heh heh heh ha hah ha ha ha HA HA HA HA HA!!!"

Cackling, he chokes out, "MOD, you're HILARIOUS! That's the funniest garb-munchin' thing I ever saw!!!"
MOD wrote:"Woo! That was fun! Who wants to sing next?"
Choking back peals of laughter, he mutters "What the frell, I can do that. Funnier too I bet!"

When MOD is finished, Zathark ambles up to the stage. The tiny psychopath flips through the songbook and selects a song at random. He stares up at the microphone. Not normally one to shy from new challenges, this is somehow different. He sees the faces in the crowd staring at him in anticipation, instead of fear or disgust. His palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy. There's vomit on his sweater already, MOD's spaghetti.

He reaches up, takes down the microphone. And then, when the music starts, he does his level best to make everything wretched. He yell-sings, trying to keep time with a rhythm he can't comprehend, landing notes off the beat, and generally... doing what he does best - make things worse.

"Where it beGAN, I can't begin to KNOWing
But then I know it's growing strong
Was in THE spring
And spring beCAME the summer
Who'd have believed you'd come A-long
Hands!
Touching hands!
Reaching out!
Touching meeeeee!
Touching yooouuu!
Sweet Caroline
Good times NEVER seemed so good"


The songs stretches out for an eternity, a veritable audio torture for anyone with eardrums. When it mercifully ends, Zathark, grinning, takes a deep bow before hopping off stage and heading back to his table for his repast of random meats.

If he sees the elf and seljuk that MOD has wandered over to talk to looking his way, he grins, showing his rows of sharp teeth, and waves frenetically at them.

"HI!"

Why? I'm not certain - let's have a look in his noxious little psyche:

Dunno if ey're sizin' 'em up as clients, crew, or marks. I'll trust MOD ta make that decision.
"'EY! Mind yer own Bizness!"

MDC: 61/61
ISP: 38/48
PPE: 98/98

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 50/50 MDC
Right Arm: 40/40 MDC
Left arm: 40/40 MDC
Right Leg: 50/50 MDC
Left Leg: 50/50 MDC
Main Body: 51/90 MDC
User avatar
MOD
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:41 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System.

Post by MOD »

<Rolls carry>

MOD watches with glee as Zathark walks up to the microphone. The phantom didn't think that psi-goblins had any musical inclination. And in fact, that generally makes for the most enjoyable karaoke. Then the beat starts thrumping along. MOD grimaces. Guh. Every drunk asshole will be chanting along with this song.
Zathark wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:53 amWhere it beGAN, I can't begin to KNOWing
But then I know it's growing strong
MOD leans forward and grins. This is a revelation. In hearing a rabid psi-goblian plow through it with a jerkier rhythm and waveringly off-key, MOD starts to like it. Some artists aren't truly appreciated until they have died. And this is an admirably inglorious murder. Dare I say this is good?
Zathark wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:53 amSweet Caroline
"BAH! DAH! DAAAAAAAH!" MOD shouts at the stage, along to the music.
Zathark wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:53 amGood times NEVER seemed so good
"SO GOOD! SO GOOD!" MOD sings the next couple of bars along with Zathark. As Zathark continues, MOD claps and cheers. Ey enjoys the rendition a great deal, at first ironically, but that appreciation becomes more genuine. The song goes from bad to terrible to so bad it's good to, finally bold performance art.

When Zathark steps down MOD stands up clapping. "That was brilliant. We need to do karaoke more often. Oh wow!" Ey then introduces Zathark to the new comers. Eventually the conversation turns to work, and MOD offers them membership to the Reavers.
Sam Animus wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:14 pm"Look, I'll be frank. I hate people; most everyone, honestly. Everyone's a tool or out to knife someone in the back. Me, I just like working on machines and killing whoever fucking interrupts me, present company excluded."
MOD smiles, "Oh I think we'll get along just fine. You mind your personal space and I'll do likewise."
Sam Animus wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:14 pm"So, yeah. You give me space to work, cash for my projects, and I'll help you kill anyone who attacks. So long as you aren't slavers. Tiny and I don't really give a damn about the jobs. Get on my good side, I'll even soup up your gear too."
"Sounds like we've got a new engineer on crew. Welcome aboard, Sam. I'll introduce you to Mac when he's lucid. He'll show what work needs to be done. Might even tell you his real name."
Raz I'Syul Arro wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:33 amYou have a keen eye. I am only mechanically inclined to ensure I can breach a wall/ship or safe without destroying it's contents. I am a safe-cracker by trade."
"Like I said, unique skill sets are always appreciated." MOD's grin becomes toothier than Raz's. Ey can tell that this will be a lucrative working relationship.
Raz I'Syul Arro wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:33 am"And I accept your offer of a place on your crew. As far as making enemies...that is nothing new. Make enemies, make Allies. Eventually things come due. It is the way of things. Dangerous jobs are the only ones worth pursuing. And your sales pitch was quite good. Expectation management is what a lot of people forget about these days. Too many people are worried about looking good so they only include the rainbows and fluff. It is nice to meet someone so straight forward as yourself. It is a refreshing change. That is why Sam and I have been bumping around together. She never makes herself out to be anything she is not. I look forward to working with you and the rest of the crew."
"Perfect. We can head back to the ship after the boys get their grub and square the bill. Maybe seal this pact some more karaoke? Then we'll do the on-boarding?" MOD rests eir back against chair and signals for the two new members to pull up chairs and join their new crew.
MOD (pronouns: ey/em/eir)
M.D.C. (Energy Form): 50
M.D.C. (Physical Shell): 70
P.P.E.: 448
User avatar
Death and Gravity
Game Master
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:05 am

Re: [VR] Theora System.

Post by Death and Gravity »

Time stamp: 43 days. Its about 13:30 local time.
Conditions:
  • Kibiko: 1/3 engines (FTL & STL) working perfectly. The other two need repairs and parts.
  • Dorsal shuttle pod bay doors covered by welded on plated and bracing struts, can't be opened.
Once on the ground the Void Reavers head off in various directions. Bert to the hold to start organizing the salvaged engine parts. He stands there for a moment, hands on hips, dealing with a massive hangover and gathering up the courage to start the, badly needed, engine repairs. The part that stings the most is that he's going to have to most of it himself. Even if the others wanted to help - and they probably won't - he has seen that it's just easier for him to do it himself. On the other hand, that party on the atoll was freaking epic. Of course, Bert's comedown and hangover are making sure he pays for that privilege. Eventually he finds a rhythm and starts sorting out the parts and almost forgets his hangover, almost.

Doctor White follows along with MOD and Zathark towards the noodle stand. It seems they'll be interrogating The Baron later. It's a tad disappointing, but he gets over it. Good things can't be rushed. Sometimes anticipation adds a little special something to an experience. He watches over MOD and Zathark as they make nice with a couple of people in the bar. He does so with a slightly subdued level of creep. His genitals are stating to itch.

MOD and Zathark get along famously with the two randoms in the bar. So much so that after a few drinks and a few Karaoke numbers, the Void Reavers have a couple of new crew members!

Raz and Sam both note that the Kibiko is running one one engine out of three and that someone has shot the shite out of the armor surrounding engines. They both try to draw on their deeper, more extensive knowledge. However seated in a diner, looking out a grimy window at a ship parked a couple of landing pads over, this proves completely pointless. All is not lost though, as they'll be able to get a up close look very soon as they find employment and a new crew. It may not be the jobs they had in mind when they arrived on Theora, but a job is a job.

Those in the diner note that there is a small crowd gathering around the Kibiko. Maybe a couple of dozen people. For the most part it looks like kids, curious on-lookers, hawkers and those hoping to see if the ship is a trader with something worth trading for.

The crowd parts when a couple of utilitarian pick-ups speed up to the ship, beeping as they go. The vehicles come to an abrupt stop right by the airlock and half a dozen corporate security goons jump off and push the crowd out of their way so they can get access to the ship. Then they wait. Eventually a larger, older man talking on a portable and carrying a tablet gets out of the front jeep and waddles his way to the airlock and pounds on it. He talks on the portable for a little longer. Telling a joke perhaps? Whatever he's doing he finds it belly achingly funny.

He hangs up. Straightens himself out, smooths down an obvious comb over. He's all business now. "OPEN UP! Customs inspection! Under the AUTHORITY of Happiest Mineral Mining & Smelting Inc." He shouts into the Kibiko's intercom. He is about to do so again when one of the kids in the crowd points in the direction of the diner.

What are your intentions?
User avatar
Sam Animus
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:50 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System.

Post by Sam Animus »

Perception: 1d100: [37] = 37 / 26% (+15% on rolls involving electronics, machines or their combination)
JiC: 1d100: [36] = 36 / 1d20: [20] = 20

Conditions: Nightvision (120ft) | Sixth Sense (Inactive)

Post:
Stitchy Vampire wrote:HI!
Sam flares her nostrils, scrunches her nose and lips while waving back to the goblin on the stage. "Hi!" She says through a grainy voice that could almost be considered playfully sarcastic or downright insulting.
M is for Multiply wrote:"Sounds like we've got a new engineer on crew. Welcome aboard, Sam. I'll introduce you to Mac when he's lucid. He'll show what work needs to be done. Might even tell you his real name."
Sam rolls her shoulders and neck, swinging her head to the other side as she shifts positions, uncrossing her arms and resting them on her hips. "Mac's the engineer then, cool. After this round we can check it out. Got to park Blue onboard anyways." Sam states. Some of them are eager to get off the ship after landing, probably a lot of work to be done. I can have that thing outrunning Consortium Cruisers with the right materials, course it might be easier to steal a better ship. Gonna need to secure Blue and set up a project plan for her after their next job, I can't wait to start working on her again. Sam monologues to herself.

Sam continues her monologue while Raz and MOD continue talking until the crowd surrounding their ship catches her attention. Huh, well that wasn't there before. They attracted attention fast. Sam ponders as she looks to MOD and the other two. "Your ship seems to have attracted groupies." Sam states, lifting one of her hands to point outside the diner towards the crowd. When she spots the pick ups, Sam groans. The fucking wrong kind of groupies. She internally sighs. Gotta love the port sec-ur-i-ty.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

'Sam' Animus | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Everett Culter (CS 40-4th) | Ronan Deshe (Spook Squad) | Oren Exe (PW GA)
User avatar
MOD
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:41 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System.

Post by MOD »

Perception (21%) 1d100<21: [11*] = 1
JiC 1d20: [18] = 18 / 1d100: [44] = 44

Physical shell: Blonde grunge schoolgirl
Sam Animus wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:33 pm"Mac's the engineer then, cool. After this round we can check it out. Got to park Blue onboard anyways."
"Blue? There's another one of you? Is that true?"

Presumably, after Sam explains what Blue is, MOD sits in eir chair and relaxes while the others finish their meals. Ey feels a strong sense of satisfaction watching the Doc and Zathark meet the newcomers. This is my crew. A group of professionals that work on my (I mean technically it's mine if I'm the captain of the) ship. Fuxing hell, that means they're my responsibility too. Ey starts to think about the team's budget. The Kibiko will need fuel, and to restock weapons, and food. M looks at Zathark gnawing at a piece of meat that is still raw in the middle. Disgusting. Really I don't get why corporeals have to chew so much. Maybe I let them fend for their own food. Either way, we need more money. And more money means more work.

When everyone is finished eating, MOD picks up the bill and leads the team back to the port and the Kibiko. As they get close, MOD weaves around the children. Shouldn't these kids be in a sweatshop? Or juvenile corporate training? Then ey passes peddlers, shrugging them off.
Sam Animus wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:33 pm"Your ship seems to have attracted groupies"
"Yick. The young." MOD shudders. Waving eir hands ey shouts, "Shoo! Shoo! This isn't an orphanage?"

Looking through the crowd, ey sees a man approaching the airlock. MOD amplifies eir voice and shouts to the man. "HEY! I'M THE SHIP'S CAPTAIN! WHAT DO YOU WANT?"
MOD (pronouns: ey/em/eir)
M.D.C. (Energy Form): 50
M.D.C. (Physical Shell): 70
P.P.E.: 448
User avatar
Zathark
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:26 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System.

Post by Zathark »

Perception: 29% 1d100: [9] = 9

JIC: 1d20: [15] = 15
JIC: 1d100: [53] = 53

When Zathark finishes, and sees MOD clapping, he grins widely. Somewhere along the surface of his smooth brain he thinks I musta REALLY looked ridiculous up there!
MOD wrote:"That was brilliant. We need to do karaoke more often. Oh wow!"
"I know! I looked like a complete DUMMY up there, right? I think I out-dummied everyone in here."
Sam wrote:"Hi!"
Zathark is momentarily nonplussed. Usually, the response he gets to a greeting is a grimace, followed by a swift exit or an insult. This is uncharted territory. Territory to be taken advantage of. He saunters up to the table, bringing his plate of meats from the other table and plopping them down next to her, then hopping up onto the chair.

He grabs a shank of meat, and begins gnawing at it, his razor teeth deftly stripping flesh from bone, in a disquieting way.

"Hey toots. What brings ya to this miser'ble shithole?"

After he finishes gnawing his random meats, he hops up and walks out as MOD pays, watching the commotion at the Kibiko with feigned disinterest.

What, pray tell, is going on inside the malodorous creep's head? Only this:

Some kinda commotion at the ship. The authorities? Should we wait 'em out? skip town? Or kill 'em? Wait - we got loot ta sell on that ship! I guess we're gonna have ta kill 'em...

He sighs heavily, his rancid breath hanging like a heady miasma in front of him. Noseblind to his own fetid aroma, he walks through the cloud as MOD exits and heads to the ship.
Sam wrote:"Your ship seems to have attracted groupies."
MOD wrote:"HEY! I'M THE SHIP'S CAPTAIN! WHAT DO YOU WANT?"
Smirking as they approach, Zathark whispers - not quite quietly enough to go unheard - "Want me ta kill 'em?

As they approach, Zathark resists the urge to kick the children out of the way - they're the same height as him, but he's much, much stronger, and he knows that many species value their children's safety and health much more tha Psi-Goblins typically value theirs.

"G'Wan, GIT! Buncha spaceport roaches. Any o' ya touch me an' you'll be pullin' back a bloody stump... lousy pickpockets. Go kill someone and steal their goods like ya had some self-respect!"
"'EY! Mind yer own Bizness!"

MDC: 61/61
ISP: 38/48
PPE: 98/98

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 50/50 MDC
Right Arm: 40/40 MDC
Left arm: 40/40 MDC
Right Leg: 50/50 MDC
Left Leg: 50/50 MDC
Main Body: 51/90 MDC
User avatar
Dr. White
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:30 am

Re: [VR] Theora System.

Post by Dr. White »

JIC: 1d20: [18] = 18 , 1d100: [26] = 26
PER: 1d100: [49] = 49 vs. 41%

Trade Two: 1d100: [90] = 90 vs. 118%
Journal entry.
Zathark wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:53 am "What's the going rate for a Wolfen pelt anyhow?"
White scoffs and flutters his hand in a ‘forget about it’ gesture. ”Feh. In most of consortium space- and Kreeghor too, come to think it- you can’t swing a dead wolfen without hitting… Well… Another dead wolfen. Or at least, it’ll be dead after you hit it with a corpse.” He blinks, shakes his head, and flutters his hands again before sighing ”Probably get the most bang for our buck by just going with it. So no torture today it looks like. Unless…” He looks at MOD hopefully and his face lights up with a smile ”What if we torture him for more money?”

Disappointed at the lack of torturing, White sulks in his lab, or an appropriate corner, for the rest of the voyage. Seeming completely uninterested in the Baron now that there will be no interrogation, White ignores any ransom as well and just kind of trudges along. Why couldn’t we do a little torturing anyway? It’s not like it wouldn’t’ve been better than anything the Horune had in store for him, and we’d leave him alive. Mostly. I’m a people person- much more interesting than money. Why, blood spatter patterning alone is simply entrancing. What a waste? Ah well. At least we get some fresh food out of the deal. Remembering suddenly that it’s been a little while, White rubs his stomach and gets to work on at least two different entrees (”Bring me the two most expensive entrees on the menu”). The effort keeps him absorbed for quite some time, during which he largely ignores the others unless Zathark proves annoying.

In-between bites, White dictates a long, dubiously accurate, and entirely too detailed review of the food into his computer. He switches between languages seemingly without realizing it, and from what anyone can gather it’s the latest in a long, rambling series of scientific review of the top dishes at every restaurant White visits. Pretty dry stuff- then again, with the doc maybe that’s a good thing. Y’know, given that the alternative is what happens when MOD starts getting friendly with the two other patrons. White is likely still working on his dinners at that point (and surprisingly insistent on not singing), but as he finishes he’ll begin a new, more coherent stream of dictation in Trade 2. ”New project proposal. How many organ and limb grafts would it require to transmit Seljuk strength to a nominally delicate humanoid species- for example, the ever-popular Star Elf. Arms, certainly, for the musculature, and basic spinal column for support. Both legs, or only one for lift capacity? Hm. What about brain tissue- normal elven grey matter probably doesn’t have the hormones needed for those big, bulgy Seljuk muscles. Pituitary transplant or some kind of neural networking connection? Goodness, will this have to be a two-arm trial? That’ll be expensive- Seljuk restraints need to be custom-ordered from their homeworld. Good thing I’ve got a guy. Remember to check in with Chuck back at Center.” White finishes his log entry, finishes eating, and looks around the world with an expression of complete innocence before turning to Zathark, belching, and saying ”Well, what now? That takes care of food, and lord knows we tied one off last night. More drugs? Or do you and Bert have to take care of that sex thing the humans are always on about- I can never remember which species die after copulation, and which die if they don’t copulate. Well, I’m sure you two will figure it out. Ooo! Or is it a shopping trip! How much money’d we get, anyway?”
For SCIENCE!
Force Field: 75/75; Power Armor Left Leg: 90/100
,
433/449

+6 initiative, +2 parry, +3 dodge for the first melee after danger occurs; cannot be surprise attacked
,
Eagle-like vision, and can see in total darkness
,
Automatically detects rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, four- and two-dimensional beings, astral travelers, and invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range is one mile or line of sight, whichever is less.
,
Can negate any spell that directly targets the adept for 5 ISP per spell. Spells that create energies and magical weapons are unaffected.
User avatar
Raz I'Syul Arro
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:26 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System.

Post by Raz I'Syul Arro »

Perception: 1d100: [86] = 86 /43%
JIC: 1d20: [12] = 12 ; 1d100: [57] = 57

Active Effects:
  • Sixth Sense
  • Horror Factor: 11
  • Half Damage From Energy Weapons and MD Fire (Includes Magical Attacks)
  • Keen Sense of Smell and Sharp Color vision
  • NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor: +5% to prowl skill; -70% to electronic perception/detection rolls; Masks IR and Thermal Emissions

Raz looks out the window at Sam's comment about the port authority, "Well looks like they have decided to try and get their slice of the pie." Raz follows MOD out as MOD heads to talk to the customs officials. It is not like they have seen many ships lately. I know we were under lockdown due to piracy. They might just be being careful, or they might have other goals. It will be difficult to assess. Oh that was not what I thought M would say. Quite an interesting group.

Raz looks over the situation for a moment. Taking a good look at the Customs personnel. Hmm...The muscle is there. Not an insurmountable amount. The head guy, heavy set walks with unearned authority. Used to getting his way. Not a good mixture...Well not good if they are serious about staying long enough to affect repairs on the ship. Raz turns to M, "I am sure they are just here for something to do. Like I told you before M, your ship is the first one to land here in weeks. Why do you think all these people are here. They want a piece of what every you might be selling and maybe somethings your not. Some might want transport off world. The customs personnel are simply wanting to get their piece of the pie before the rest of them." Raz turns to look at the customs personnel, "Good afternoon my good man. I believe what my Captain is truly asking is why are you bothering with our ship? You know well there has not been any ships in or out of this area for weeks. And here you are jumping on the first one you see with a fine tooth comb." Raz makes sure his voice can carry to the rest of the crowd (Invoke Trust: 1d100: [16] = 16 /25% Get the crowd on Raz's side), "Do you really wish to drive off the only source of new income? Do you want these people to pack up and leave before they have had the chance to bring new money into this place's struggling economy? How about you let us go about our way. Look at the ship. We need repairs. Those repairs will take time. Time in which we will be using local shops, local restaurants, and local materials." Raz looks over the crowd then back to the customs official, "Unless we decide this port is not welcoming to new people." Raz leaves unsaid that the decision is now in the hands of the customs official.

Mechanical Engineer-- 1d100: [41] = 41 /60% (Point out the damage to the customs person)
Starship Mechanics-- 1d100: [87] = 87 /59% (Assess the amount of time likely required to fix the ship)
Raz I'Syul Arro

Sixth Sense
Horror Factor: 11
I.S.P.: 39/47
M.D.C.: 204/204
Half Damage from M.D. Fire and energy attacks (Including magical)

Armor
NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 40/40
  • Arms: L: 20/20 R: 20/20
  • Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30
  • Main Body: 80/80
N-F20A Medium Force Field--OFF
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 75/75
Weapons
NE-11 Slim-Line Plasma Cartridge Rifle 17/20 (NE-003PC)

Crystal Paralyzer 20/20
Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Death and Gravity
Game Master
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:05 am

Re: [VR] Theora System.

Post by Death and Gravity »

Time stamp: 43 days. Its about 13:30 local time.
Conditions:
  • Kibiko: 1/3 engines (FTL & STL) working perfectly. The other two need repairs and parts.
  • Dorsal shuttle pod bay doors covered by welded on plated and bracing struts, can't be opened.
MOD wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:04 pm"HEY! I'M THE SHIP'S CAPTAIN! WHAT DO YOU WANT?"
The customs inspector looks over at MOD and starts walking over, bringing his troops with him.
Raz I'Syul Arro wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:20 am "Good afternoon my good man. I believe what my Captain is truly asking is why are you bothering with our ship? You know well there has not been any ships in or out of this area for weeks. And here you are jumping on the first one you see with a fine tooth comb. Do you really wish to drive off the only source of new income? Do you want these people to pack up and leave before they have had the chance to bring new money into this place's struggling economy? How about you let us go about our way. Look at the ship. We need repairs. Those repairs will take time. Time in which we will be using local shops, local restaurants, and local materials. Unless we decide this port is not welcoming to new people."
Before inspector can talk to MOD, Raz interrupts. The official looks at him like he's just stepped in dog shit. He listens with eye brows raised. He lets Raz finish and looks the Reavers over. His gaze resting on Zathark for a long while. He looks over his shoulder at the small crowd who heard what Raz had to say. He makes a show of looking at his watch. "Oh good, I may make my massage at 2 o'clock after all." He says to himself.

MOD see that there is a lot of encrypted comms traffic bouncing back and forward between the goons, the official, their utility vehicles and up into the sky. This is a little bit of a surprise given that the official looks a like a bit of slob. A slob with a terrible comb over. This slob though, sure is getting fed a bunch of real time tac-level info.

He hitches up his belt and addresses MOD. "Captain. If this fellow is indeed speaking for you, I assume that you refuse customs inspection." He then raises his voice so the crowd can hear. "Given your unscheduled and unannounced arrival, that your ship seems to lack any registration with Hartigal Enclave Trade Authority, and the ongoing flight embargo in and out of the Enclave itself it seems unlikely you are legitimate traders. When we factor in the obvious battle damage on the ship and that you have a goblin on your crew. I personally suspect you could be Pirates." He lets the last word hang in the air. The crowd reacts to this, the Reavers feel the mood turn. The curiosity of the crowd fades, replaced by something like fear and hostility. "What I find interesting though, is that a fellow who has been in town for several weeks, and as far as we can tell has had no gainful employment is now speaking on behalf of 'his captain'. Mr Seljuk, forgive me, but I don't understand how you could have any idea of what is on that ship. You've been here in town for weeks and this ship arrived just now."

He sighs. "No matter. We have seen and heard enough. The record will show that lawful Customs Inspection under authority of Happiest Mineral Mining & Smelting Inc. has been refused. As such you may not loiter here. You have 10 minutes to leave. Good day."

The official and his troop head back to their vehicles. MOD can see that their comm units are using a bunch of bandwidth, pinging back and forth with encrypted info packets. The crowd starts to disperse, rather rapidly. Too rapidly in fact, they seem worried about something.

What are your intentions?
User avatar
MOD
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:41 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System.

Post by MOD »

Perception (21%) 1d100<21: [40] = 0
JiC 1d20: [16] = 16 / 1d100: [17] = 17

Physical shell: Blonde grunge schoolgirl

MOD shrugs at Raz's explanation for the people flocked around the Kibiko. It made sense that the local corporeals would be curious. But ey still doesn't like the size of the group. Ey had hoped to discretely dock here, get the ship patched up, and bugger off in search of the next heist. A crowd meant unwanted attention; unwanted attention meant the authorities; and not surprisingly, authorities had demands for paperwork and/money.
Raz I'Syul Arro wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:20 am""Good afternoon my good man. I believe what my Captain is truly asking is why are you bothering with our ship? You know well there has not been any ships in or out of this area for weeks. And here you are jumping on the first one you see with a fine tooth comb."
M turns eir head and gives Raz a withering look. It is the type of stare that a young woman that looks like MOD does at the moment would give to a leering older gentleman after he said something along the lines of 'you're not like other girls your age. You're so mature.' Ey hopes that the glare is enough to stop Raz from talking, but he keeps going.
Raz I'Syul Arro wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:20 am"Do you really wish to drive off the only source of new income? Do you want these people to pack up and leave before they have had the chance to bring new money into this place's struggling economy? How about you let us go about our way. Look at the ship. We need repairs. Those repairs will take time. Time in which we will be using local shops, local restaurants, and local materials."
When Raz finishes, he might notice that MOD is still glaring at him. I hired this fuxor like a half hour ago and he's already acting like our mouthpiece? This won't end well. Sure enough, MOD sees the signals of rapid communication between the customs agent and whoever else he works with. MOD realizes that ey needs to buy time. Time to get the ship repaired, time to get things hidden so they won't be confiscated during the inspection, time before the agent calls for armed reinforcements, and time just to come up with a semi-plausible excuse.
Customs agent wrote:"Captain. If this fellow is indeed speaking for you, I assume that you refuse customs inspection."
Mater fuxor! MOD calmly smiles and bats eir eyes twice. "Mavis. You can call me Mavis, and of course we will allow you to conduct your inspection." MOD bats eir eyes a few more times in quick succession as ey thinks of how to buy some more time. "It's just we had such a chaotic flight here that we forgot common docking procedures. All an innocent miscommunication, which I'm sure you can understand."
Combover authority wrote:"Given your unscheduled and unannounced arrival, that your ship seems to lack any registration with Hartigal Enclave Trade Authority, and the ongoing flight embargo in and out of the Enclave itself it seems unlikely you are legitimate traders. When we factor in the obvious battle damage on the ship and that you have a goblin on your crew. I personally suspect you could be Pirates."
"Pirates?!?! What? No! Never!" MOD feigns shock at the suggestion. Or it's exactly that. "We have been fleeing from pirates. We were attacked by a group of cutthroats that were lurking in an FTL Repression Zone to ambush any ships that they encountered. Terrible fight, many dead, et cetera et cetera.

"In fact, it was during that fight that we rescued poor innocent Zathark." MOD makes a bold gesture towards the psi-goblin. "This goblin had been kept in chains by the pirates as some sort of feral murder monster. But he didn't want to be a pirate. Go on Zathark, tell the nice corporeal how you want to be a good and upstanding citizen." MOD gives Zathark a slow nod, a signal to go along with this bit. For fux sake, go along and I will personally serve you Baron sashimi.

After Zathark says his part, MOD continues. "With our new crew member, we made a mad dash to the planet. We salvaged some spare parts to make repairs on an abandoned atoll, BUT THEN we were attacked by a separate group of pirates. We fought bravely, and escaped. I won't burden you with the details, but it was an interesting escape."
Corpulent assessor wrote:"What I find interesting though, is that a fellow who has been in town for several weeks, and as far as we can tell has had no gainful employment is now speaking on behalf of 'his captain'. Mr Seljuk, forgive me, but I don't understand how you could have any idea of what is on that ship. You've been here in town for weeks and this ship arrived just now."
"Oh, them," MOD lets out a gentle laugh. Ey gives the two new crew members another quick but grave glance"Well given everything we've been through in the past 96 hours, I thought it would be wise to bring more engineers on crew immediately. The tall one is chatty, isn't he?"
Sweaty or greasy palms wrote:"No matter. We have seen and heard enough. The record will show that lawful Customs Inspection under authority of Happiest Mineral Mining & Smelting Inc. has been refused. As such you may not loiter here. You have 10 minutes to leave. Good day."
MOD sees the digital chatter pick up. Even though ey doesn't know what is being said, ey assume it is not good. Ey runs in front of the customs agent and says, "Hold on! We consent! We consent!" If the customs agent stops, MOD continues, "Look, we got off to the wrong foot. Let's try this again. We would love to have you inspect our ship. But it's a complete mess with all sorts of salvaged bits strewn everywhere. Why don't you go, take a restorative break. When you come back we'll have the ship cleaned up so you can have a efficient and thorough inspection and we'll fill out all the requisite paperwork needed."

M watches the inspector and scans his datapad for more activity. plz work plz work plz work
MOD (pronouns: ey/em/eir)
M.D.C. (Energy Form): 50
M.D.C. (Physical Shell): 70
P.P.E.: 448
User avatar
The Machine
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:24 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System.

Post by The Machine »

Perception: 1d100: [20] = 20 /49%
Just in Case: 1d20: [11] = 11 ; 1d100: [60] = 60
Conditions: None.

HP: 30/30
S.D.C.: 22/22
I.S.P.: 35/35
P.P.E.: 137/127

Customs Official wrote: "OPEN UP! Customs inspection! Under the AUTHORITY of Happiest Mineral Mining & Smelting Inc."
Bert looks up from a crusty looking modulator that he was working on picking kelp from. What the frak? Bert thinks as he sets the part back down and walks to the airlock. A push of the button opens the inner airlock, and Bert steps in. No helmet, too much effort. Bert thinks over the headache. Bert cycles the airlock and opens the outer doors. Peering out over the crowd and the team. "What's going on, are we not allowed to park here?" Bert asks, the sound of a hangover very evident. When the Customs guy, goes on his spiel, Bert looks confused. Who the frak is that? Why are they talking for MOD? Oh great now the customs guy is upset. Bert slowly thinks through. "I thought customs only worried about goods to be sold, we don't have anything for sale. Just a bunch of junk to rebuild this crap buckets busted engines. But seriously, what would it take for you to not do what you're saying... I just need a few days to get the engines fixed. I'm guessing my captain forgot to go and pay the docking fees, we can do that now if you'd like." Bert says trying to help MOD smooth over things. If we have to move, I'm suggesting another slow ass trip to somewhere safe. Bert thinks with a groan as his headache begins to really return.
They call me The Machine.
"When one wants to not be caught, one should have a cover identity that is very different to themselves." ~Burt.
User avatar
Dr. White
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:30 am

Re: [VR] Theora System.

Post by Dr. White »

JIC: 1d20: [3] = 3 , 1d100: [16] = 16
PER: 1d100: [13] = 13 vs. 41%

White continues sizing up the two new recruits as they finish dinner and head back to the ship. Initially, the Promethean is mildly taken aback when Raz presumes to speak for his new captain, but then he shrugs it off. Eager to please his new outfit. Or maybe just desperate to get off of this rock. Either way, should be fun. White says nothing for the rest of the trip back, until the confrontation with the customs inspector starts to go south.
MOD wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:40 am"Look, we got off to the wrong foot. Let's try this again. We would love to have you inspect our ship. But it's a complete mess with all sorts of salvaged bits strewn everywhere. Why don't you go, take a restorative break. When you come back we'll have the ship cleaned up so you can have a efficient and thorough inspection and we'll fill out all the requisite paperwork needed."
Smoothly interposing himself between the inspector and the rest of the crew, White throws MOD a ‘I got this’ look (or possibly ‘I’m going to eat this’) before turning to the inspector and turning on the charm. ”Please forgive the crew here, my good sir. You see, we are all extremely hungover right now. The big fellow might have some sort of intellectual disability as well, I haven’t had time for a proper diagnosis yet. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is White. Doctor White. And I can assure you that I am completely trustworthy. After all, I’m a doctor, and doctors are trustworthy.” With these last two statements, White locks eyes with the inspector and hits him with a hypnotic suggestion (two if the first one doesn’t take; -6 ISP per suggestion). ”I can assure you that we are merely a colorful assortment of interstellar traders. Unfortunately, our vessel was attacked in-system- surely you detected the explosions a few days ago- and we were forced to make a rather sudden change of plans. And domiciles. Why, we barely made it to the surface intact. Then the emergency repairs took days. Why, if it’s pirates you’re after, you may be interested in the group of Horune we passed on the way here. Slavers or cannibals by the looks of ‘em, maybe both. We barely got the engines working well enough to make it this far, and I can assure you that if we are not given a modest opportunity to finalize our repairs we will be far more of a pain in the ass to you than if we were just allowed to stay here for a short while. Why, we’re already taking these two off of your hands” White jerks his head at Raz and Sam ”Who knows what other headaches of yours we could clean up! Oh, and as for the goblin, he’s really more of a pet or a mascot than a member of the crew. Don’t worry, we keep him on a tight leash- except when we’re using him to win throwing contests. Fun times!” White smiles- broadly, without reaching his eyes.

”Now then. Let me assure you that we enthusiastically and vigorously consent to your searching our vessel. I would be more than happy to show you around personally, but I think you will find that the state of our vessel and its contents is every bit as rough around the edges as our captain’s initial response to your query- hardly a suitable use of time for a gentleman such importance as yourself. Why don’t we just get in there, bang out this inspection real quick-like, and get you on your way?” If the inspector isn’t nodding along or otherwise displaying agreement with White by this last statement, he will punctuate it with yet another hypnotic suggestion.

Assuming he gets the inspector to go along, White feigns a broad smile and waves him aboard. Then, casting a look back at the others as if to say, ‘Don’t screw this up!’ he follows. Once aboard, White will take the inspector on the shortest possible tour, using hypnotic suggestions liberally to move things along and get the satisfied inspector back off of the ship as quickly as possible.
For SCIENCE!
Force Field: 75/75; Power Armor Left Leg: 90/100
,
433/449

+6 initiative, +2 parry, +3 dodge for the first melee after danger occurs; cannot be surprise attacked
,
Eagle-like vision, and can see in total darkness
,
Automatically detects rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, four- and two-dimensional beings, astral travelers, and invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range is one mile or line of sight, whichever is less.
,
Can negate any spell that directly targets the adept for 5 ISP per spell. Spells that create energies and magical weapons are unaffected.
User avatar
Sam Animus
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:50 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System.

Post by Sam Animus »

Perception: 1d100: [59] = 59 / 26% (+15% on rolls involving electronics, machines or their combination)
JiC: 1d100: [28] = 28 / 1d20: [13] = 13

Conditions: Nightvision (120ft) | Sixth Sense (Inactive)

Skills:
Charm: 1d100: [8] = 8 /52% (Be cordial with O'Leary)
Trust: 1d100: [9] = 9 /37%

Post:
Stitch wrote:"Hey toots. What brings ya to this miser'ble shithole?"
Sam shrugs, her eyes rolling as she glances to the side where MOD, Dr White and Raz are. "Just enjoying the shit show." She says before looking back to the little goblin. These people are all over the place. Sam thinks to herself passively, still less than excited about the new employment but at least glad to have a path off this rock.

Then, Raz, MOD and everyone get up and go deal with the Dock Customs she pointed out and Sam's right palm catchers her left elbow as her left palm collides with her own forehead. Oh, man, Raz. Well. You always did go all in. Sam groans internally at Raz's monologue to the customs officer who she recognizes as they close in. Fucking great. O'Leary. Hopefully he's in a decent mood. Sam thinks to herself, remembering seeing the Dock Officer and his posse of security roaming around the past few weeks.

Before the elf can get a word in, both the vampire and the schoolgirl address the Customs Officer in the most haphazard of ways that actually prompts Sam to curl over, clutching her stomach as she tries to contain her own surprised laughter. Yeah, he is not in a good mood. She recovers as best as she can, choking down a laugh of awe or embarrassment. Jeezus, this Mod and Raz will get along great. They both love talking.
Mary the School Captain wrote:"Well given everything we've been through in the past 96 hours, I thought it would be wise to bring more engineers on crew immediately. The tall one is chatty, isn't he?"
Sam blinks, standing to the side of Raz. Ironic. She thinks simply before shrugging. "Come on, O'leary. Quit being a hardass. This crew actually brought some life to Joe's diner without threatening anyone. Hard pressed to say that about most other recent visitors." Sam states, crossing her arms and leaning back on one leg. She glances to the goblin before lightly shrugging; Mostly. Sam looks back to O'Leary then to MOD.
Mediocre MOD wrote: "Hold on! We consent! We consent!" If the customs agent stops, MOD continues, "Look, we got off to the wrong foot. Let's try this again. We would love to have you inspect our ship. But it's a complete mess with all sorts of salvaged bits strewn everywhere. Why don't you go, take a restorative break. When you come back we'll have the ship cleaned up so you can have a efficient and thorough inspection and we'll fill out all the requisite paperwork needed."
Once more in the same conversation Sam finds herself struggling to keep herself upright as her abs contract while she withholds laughter. Okay, these fuckers might be a mess but they've made me laugh more than once and that says more than my whole damn home world. They better not expect me to pick up their fucking mess though. I'll fix their shit but won't pick it up. Sam amusingly thinks. She glances to O'Leary on their path to leave.
"Holy hannah, you guys are a mess." She mutters under her breath before speaking louder towards O'Leary.

"Don't be like that, O'leary. First ship in days, cut them some slack." Sam remarks, her stance relatively unchanged.

Whenever Bert opens the cargobay door to address the Customs and Sam sees him, she'll offer a short upwards nod of the head, saying 'hey', before turning back to the Customs Officer.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

'Sam' Animus | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Everett Culter (CS 40-4th) | Ronan Deshe (Spook Squad) | Oren Exe (PW GA)
User avatar
Zathark
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:26 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System.

Post by Zathark »

Perception: 29% 1d100: [85] = 85

JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20
JIC: 1d100: [89] = 89

As they march out to the ship, the miniature psychopath hears the custom's agent as he passes judgment:
customs drone wrote:"When we factor in the obvious battle damage on the ship and that you have a goblin on your crew. I personally suspect you could be Pirates."
Zathark cocks his head. Could that have been intended as an insult. He wracks his feeble mind - it's true that he is a goblin, and it's also true that he's a pirate. In fact, nothing the customs agent said is demonstrably false, and yet... that sneering tone... Yes, Zathark decides he must've meant it as an insult. And who is this backwater Napoleon to be insulting our little psychopath, anyway?

However, as is often the case with goblins, noncombat situations develop rather more quickly than a goblin mind can parse them, and the ground they're standing on has shifted somewhat before he has the chance to take proper offense.
MOD wrote:"In fact, it was during that fight that we rescued poor innocent Zathark. This goblin had been kept in chains by the pirates as some sort of feral murder monster. But he didn't want to be a pirate. Go on Zathark, tell the nice corporeal how you want to be a good and upstanding citizen."
"Uhhh"
Dr. White wrote:"...Oh, and as for the goblin, he’s really more of a pet or a mascot than a member of the crew. Don’t worry, we keep him on a tight leash - except when we’re using him to win throwing contests. Fun times!”
"HEY."

Something clicks in the psychopath's little mind. A conversation, he reasons, is a combat where words are the weapons. And he's just found a gap for a little thrust.

"Just because you ding-wits unchained me don't make me yer PET. I TOLE yous that if you get me to a starport - a REAL damn starport and not this backwoods filling station - I'd pay ya what I wuz gonna pay them pirates fer ransom. Don't make me out ta be yer PET."

"An YOU," He turns to look at the Customs Agent, pointing a finger accusingly at the officious little prick. "I'll THANK ya ta keep yer smug comments about my kind ta yerSELF. I know the corpos don't put effective operatives at dumps like this place, so ya got little cause ta be throwin' aspersions around. Ya ain't too far out from bein' a pirate yer own damn self. I'm guessin' ya got about two more mistakes left in ya before ya find yerself out here jobless an' desperate."

"Or wuz it yer winning personality that got ya stationed at this DUMP?"
"'EY! Mind yer own Bizness!"

MDC: 61/61
ISP: 38/48
PPE: 98/98

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 50/50 MDC
Right Arm: 40/40 MDC
Left arm: 40/40 MDC
Right Leg: 50/50 MDC
Left Leg: 50/50 MDC
Main Body: 51/90 MDC
User avatar
Death and Gravity
Game Master
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:05 am

Re: [VR] Theora System.

Post by Death and Gravity »

Time stamp: 43 days. Its about 13:35 local time.
Conditions:
  • Kibiko: 1/3 engines (FTL & STL) working perfectly. The other two need repairs and parts.
  • Dorsal shuttle pod bay doors covered by welded on plated and bracing struts, can't be opened.
On a warm mid afternoon, on a dry and dusty landing pad the Void Reavers attempt to deal with the local authorities. Things are not going at all smoothly, then again when do the Reavers make life easy for themselves? Let's leave them for a moment and go and see what is happening elsewhere in town, shall we? Oh, don't worry the events we'll be looking at will be highly relevant to what happens outside the Kibiko, on a dry and dusty landing pad, while they try to charm the locals.

Sandra Ortiz, CEO of Happiest Mineral Mining & Smelting Inc. chewed her bottom lip as she watched O'Leary's video feed nervously. Normally she wouldn't waste her time getting involved in these customs matters. She, and the board, were content for O'Leary to do his thing and give ships a once over, take the bribe or landing fess. So long as the appropriate percentage of the bribe went into shareholder entertainment fund. Today, was not a normal day. An unregistered ship turning up unannounced while the Hartigal no fly order was in place meant one thing: These guys were trouble.

Sandra knew that with potential trouble sometimes opportunity comes along with it. During the pre-customs inspection she gave O'Leary a pair of acceptable outcomes:

1. These people leave now and don't come back.
2, They pay a bribe (Amount: To be determined by O'Leary's discretion), and can stay in town for no more than four days.

O'Leary was surprised at the second option, but went along with it. She is the boss after all. Her intention, that she kept to herself, was to see who and what pops out of the woodwork with unwitting bait like a bunch of - as she sees now - clueless rogues with a ship. Out here sandwiched between pirates on one side and a rising galactic industrial power on the other, there was no shortage of smuggling, theft, corporate, industrial espionage and the like. There were bad actors in town, maybe within Happiest Mineral Mining & Smelting itself. Bad actors that would be restless with the lack of ships going in and out recently so they may be temped to approach a dodgy looking crew from a dodgy looking ship. She'd keep these Reavers under surveillance and see who took the bait.
MOD wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:40 am "Look, we got off to the wrong foot. Let's try this again. We would love to have you inspect our ship. But it's a complete mess with all sorts of salvaged bits strewn everywhere. Why don't you go, take a restorative break. When you come back we'll have the ship cleaned up so you can have a efficient and thorough inspection and we'll fill out all the requisite paperwork needed."
Ortiz smiled and spoke into her mic. "O'Leary, we can work with this. Get on board, look around, take the bribe and get out." Ortiz just didn't like having her people close to these guys. Especially now as that Seljuk and his Elven buddy seemed to have joined the crew. Each one of the squad with O'Leary was an actual shareholder and that required certain considerations.
The Machine wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:30 pm "...just need a few days to get the engines fixed. I'm guessing my captain forgot to go and pay the docking fees, we can do that now if you'd like."
"O'Leary, give 'em up to four days, no more. Use as leverage for a better 'landing fee'." Ortiz was starting to relax slightly. It seemed these guys understood the game after all.
Sam Animus wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:02 pm Come on, O'leary. Quit being a hardass. This crew actually brought some life to Joe's diner without threatening anyone. Hard pressed to say that about most other recent visitors."
"O'Leary, ignore that one. As far as we know she's never even been on that ship." Maybe she has been casing us out? Ortiz frowns at the thought. It's possible, but seemed unlikely. These guys didn't seem like the prior-planning-preparation types.
Zathark wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:21 am "I'll THANK ya ta keep yer smug comments about my kind ta yerSELF. I know the corpos don't put effective operatives at dumps like this place, so ya got little cause ta be throwin' aspersions around. Ya ain't too far out from bein' a pirate yer own damn self. I'm guessin' ya got about two more mistakes left in ya before ya find yerself out here jobless an' desperate."
Ortiz smiled at Zatharks insult. "O'Leary, do your best sulk. Yes, that one really hurt right?" It never paid to advertise, but the Happiest Mineral Mining & Smelting Corporation was actually very profitable. The profits easily made it worth the risk of operating a world widely known as a pirate haven. Of course that meant investing heavily in security and defence, but now days the pirates knew it was best to just leave the town of Geo be. Except for those bloody Horune, they kept attacking the raw ore barges out at sea. Although something had changed recently. Only once barge had been taken in the last couple of months.
Dr. White wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:53 amPlease forgive the crew here, my good sir. You see, we are all extremely hungover right now. The big fellow might have some sort of intellectual disability as well, I haven’t had time for a proper diagnosis yet. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is White. Doctor White. And I can assure you that I am completely trustworthy. After all, I’m a doctor, and doctors are trustworthy.”
Ortiz' heart sinks. Is he? Is that... NO! No! NO! The computer told her this one was Promethean and that they have psi-powers, phase powers too. She didn't know what phase powers were. Maybe something like phase beamers? Then she hears O'Leary agree with the Doctor. Oh, he fucking is! He's mind fucking my people! She opens up her comms to O'Leary and the team and started shouting into her mic.

Back on the dusty landing pad O'Leary the customs inspector smiles and nods along with Doc White. "Yes, lets look at the ship shall we?" the goons on the other hand are not so sure. They seem to sense that something odd is happening and don't like O'Leary's sudden change of heart.

O'Leary holds up a hand. "Oh, I'm getting a call from the boss. Must take it, she is the boss after all. I'll be with you in a sec." He holds a hand up to one ear. "Sandra, what's up?.... Uh, ok..." O'Leary turns around, starts walking away from the Doctor. "Sandra, really?..." The goons start backing off, as one and slowly raise their weapons and point them at the Doctor. "An 817? But when? I was just saying to the good Doctor that I'll go and check the ship.... No!.... HIM?.... On me?!? Are you sure?... He's just so.... trustworthy." You can hear doubt that is bouncing around in his mind in his voice. "What?!?..... You'd do that! Immediate termination? No redundancy package?..... Very well.... Yes, I'll do exactly that. I'll see you soon." O'Leary walks back sadly towards the utility vehicles, not even looking back at the Void Reavers. The threat of immediate termination coming directly from his boss seems to have triumphed over the doctors Hypnotic Suggestion. The goons continue to back off, weapons ready.

From a speaker mounted on one of the vehicles, a woman's voice addresses the Void Reavers:

"I am CEO Sandra Otriz. The record will show that lawful Customs Inspection under authority of Happiest Mineral Mining & Smelting Inc. has been refused. In addition a member of your crew has initiated a psychic assault on an employee of Happiest Mineral Mining & Smelting Inc As such you may not loiter here. You have 5 minutes to leave. Good day and FUCK OFF!"

MOD can not help but notice a pair of infra-red tracking beams appear form the sky above and quickly rest on the Kibiko.

What are your intentions?
User avatar
MOD
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:41 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System.

Post by MOD »

Perception (21%) 1d100<21: [33] = 0
JiC 1d20: [7] = 7 / 1d100: [21] = 21

Physical shell: Blonde grunge schoolgirl

MOD's eyes roll to one side noting the beam of infrared light pointed to the front end of the Kibiko. Then ey roll eir eyes to the other side and the other beam of infrared light pointed to the back end of the Kibiko. Of all the fuxing hells we had to fux ourselves into. MOD the turns eir head and gives Doctor White a very stern look. Worse than the smouldering 'you are creepy even by the standards of creepy old men' glare, this is the weary 'I don't expect better from you, and that's why I'm disappointed' eye roll.

Turning back to the vehicle with the speaker, the armed guards, and the crowd of spectators, MOD slowly raises eir arms. With a sigh, ey shout in an amplified voice "I AM SO FUXING TIRED OF HAVE FUXING LASERS POINTED AT MY FUXING SHIP AT EVERY FUXING PORT WE TRY TO FUXING STOP IN!"

"Alright," MOD's shoulders slump, though eir hands are still up. Ey continues very loud and clear, "You know we can't fux off in just five minutes. Literally impossible. But you also know, that as sketch as we are, we're pretty harmless." Ey nods eir head at the lumbering pile of scrape that resembles a Kibiko cruiser. "You can check with those passengers we unloaded when we landed, law abiding citizens we rescued (technically true) from some Horune pirates the other day."

"So, how about this, Speaker Person Ortiz, let's meet one-on-one. I come over and we square the circle, so to speak. I do not want find out that you put a bounty on us because we forgot some dumb fuxing docking fee. Maybe we talk a harbor fee..." Ey scans the crowd of cold tense faces. "My crew will stay on the ship and prep it to depart the moment you're not amused by our schtick anymore."

If Ortiz agrees to this, MOD will allow emself to be escorted to the CEO's office while the other Reavers wait on the Kibiko. Before going, gives the crew marching orders, "Doctor, we have one more passenger on board the ship." Ey gives White a nod, signalling the Baron. "Make sure that he cannot complain about his treatment. Zathark, assist the Doctor however he needs. N00bs, go introduce yourself to our engineer and first mate, Bert. He'll get you squared away."

Once in the office, MOD will exchange formalities, and introduce emself as 'Mavis' once again. Mavis then leans back into one of the chairs in front of Ortiz's desk and says, "So I'm assuming that before we even get close to even, I owe you a docking fee."

MOD does eir best to haggle down the price.* But in the end, ey will have to accede to pretty most of the terms that Happiest Mineral Mining & Smelting offers. Best case scenario, will they have at least four more days to make the ncessary repairs to the ship. With a sigh, ey hands over the group UTC card. Then of course there is the ship registry. This is not a pleasant topic, because as MOD sees it there are two options: either the Kibiko has no records whatsoever (which opens up a myriad of questions about who the Reavers are, where they came from, and how they got the ship in the first place), or it is in fact the party cruiser of the dearly departed Tillin Kadmire (which opens up even more questions about who the Reavers are, where they came from, and how they got the ship in the first place).

When asked about the ship's ID, MOD decided to go with the former, and explains more of how they ended up on Geo. "As I was saying before. We're a down on our luck crew. We were on our way to the Theora system when we got hit by pirates. We lost two engines and one captain. So naturally, his first mate takes charge. And then just when we get here, we get attacked again. Captain dies fighting off a borg, and after much debate, I took charge of the ship."

Ey looks out the window to the port. The one good thing about that block of scrap is that it looks like it was the part of any kind of sob story I tell. Ey rolls eir eyes around looking like a lost little girl, and cups eir chin with both hands. "As you can imagine, we're still getting the ship sorted out. In fact, I still can't figure out what happened to our ship's registry. So maybe we could get a new name and log. Honestly, with everything that's happened, we just need to reset." (Surprisingly, that's true.) "You know?"

Depending on how this conversation goes, MOD will likely have to agree to a customs check. Doctor White will, of course, be kept as far away from any inspectors. "He'll be doing crew physicals, so we can just leave him to his doctor-patient privileges without any further questions. And honestly, that's just a good policy to live by." To expedite things, MOD can have eir crew do an inventory of all goods. A list will be provided to Ortiz and her inspectors beforehand, and they can check for any contraband. And of course, a portion of them will be donated to the the port authority of Geo as part of any fees that they have since incurred.

Finally, if MOD still hasn't been kicked out of Ortiz's office, ey will discuss potential job offers. "We're young, we're scrappy, we'll do just about anything to make a buck, and clearly have no scruples at all. Is there anything we can do to facilitate business in the area? Ferry some people to another part of the planet? Maybe we hunt a few of those airships that were following us here? Or do you need someone to settle any corporate grudges you might be engaged in?"

* If possible, I'd like to use this as an opportunity to establish what exactly are the group funds and gear after taking the Kibiko. That was never really clearly done beforehand.
MOD (pronouns: ey/em/eir)
M.D.C. (Energy Form): 50
M.D.C. (Physical Shell): 70
P.P.E.: 448
User avatar
Sam Animus
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:50 pm

Re: [VR] Theora System.

Post by Sam Animus »

Perception: 1d100: [53] = 53 / 26% (+15% on rolls involving electronics, machines or their combination)
JiC: 1d100: [56] = 56 / 1d20: [3] = 3

Conditions: Nightvision (120ft) | Sixth Sense (Inactive) |
The Psi-Tech's inborn expertise with all things technological comes from an enhanced form of the super psionic ability Telemechanics, which is the ability that allows the psychic to mentally communicate and understand machines. This Psi-Power is a bizarre combination of Object Read and telepathy, except that it applies to mechanical devices only. By touching any non-artificially intelligent machine, whether it be a bicycle, gun, car or airplane, the psionic will instantly have a complete knowledge of exactly how the machine operates. The Psychic knows everything about the machine; the complete schematic diagram and operation knowledge are clearly seen in her mind’s eye. The level of skill expertise is equal to 80%.
When touching an artificially intelligence machine, i.e., computers, the psionic not only understands everything about its operation, repair, access codes, etc., but can communicate with it telepathically. This means she can tap into a computer’s memory banks without using a terminal because the information would be sent directly into the psychic’s mind.
Cost and Skill: Where a Psi-tech’s Telemechanic’s differs is that this ability is a constant one that requires no expenditure of I.S.P. on the part of the Psi-Tech. In addition, the duration is doubled. The level of skill expertise is equal to 85% plus 1% per level of experience.
Range: Touch or 5 feet away.
Duration: 20 minute plus 4/lvl
Current Skill Level/Range – 88% | 32 minutes for skill knowledge (+1%)
[0ISP]

Skills:
Telemechanics: 1d100: [72] = 72 /88% (For her mech)
Telemechanics: 1d100: [11] = 11 /88% (For the ship as she enters, just a basic feel of its current state)

Post:

Sam just sighs at the situation and shakers her head. "Fucking fantastic. Fuck this planet anyways." Sam mutters and looks to Raz. "Come on, Tiny. This place can eat shit, plenty of other dives that aren't run by dipshits." Sam says to her friend before glancing to MOD.
Mother Mary wrote:"Doctor, we have one more passenger on board the ship." Ey gives White a nod, signalling the Baron. "Make sure that he cannot complain about his treatment. Zathark, assist the Doctor however he needs. N00bs, go introduce yourself to our engineer and first mate, Bert. He'll get you squared away."
Sam rolls her eyes and nods, marching herself back to the diner and jumps in her mech, Blue. The first thing the psitech does when she gets inside her mech is connect with it via Telemechanics and begin a full systems check on it while she is situating. Using her ability to ready the mech faster than most, the joints unlock and spread with the arm and thumper rifle unlocking and adjusting into a low ready position. She slips into the suit fully and is quickly ready to go. Power System: Check. Aim Mod: Check. Volt... Check. A small spark immitted from her hand. Language system... Operation. Optics system... check. Alright, engage EMP shielding. We'll keep the thumper on safe for now just to not freak anyone out. Sam reasons and then marches herself onto the ship.

Sam will board the ship and ignore the customs issue entirely. Welp, O'leary might've been reasonable had the bitch boss not intervened. She needs a good dicking or something. Sam can't help but think about the CEO as she boards the ship. When she sees Bert, she'll stop and pop her helmet.

"Sup, you're Bert? Name's Sam. I'm a mechanic, engineer, robot specialist, when it comes to tech, you name it and I can figure it. But, she's your engine. So just point me where you want my help and I'll get started." Sam says simply, straight and to the point. Mechanics can be finnicky when other mechanics show up. It is almost like an insult, hopefully this dude is chill. Sam thinks to herself, dropping the duffle that is secured on her mech.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

'Sam' Animus | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Everett Culter (CS 40-4th) | Ronan Deshe (Spook Squad) | Oren Exe (PW GA)
Post Reply

Return to “Phase World: The Three Galaxies”