[GR] Welcome to the Machine.

The Anvil, Corkscrew, and Thundercloud galaxies.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Post Reply
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1622
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

[GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Consumer »

Welcome to the Machine
Date Time Location Info wrote:Date: Day 0
Time: 0800 hours
Location: Rogue Landing Pad, The Spire, Center.
Weather: Artificially perfect.
Mission Notes
The Rogues find themselves standing on an unfamiliar landing pad, but on the Pad is a very familiar ship to a majority of the team. the battered, lumpy frame of the Rogue. For those who are new, they find themselves looking at a ship that is about the size of a military gun cutter, that not only seems to have the features of a cargo ship, but the weapons of a gunship. It’s armor plating is a variety of colors as the parts seem to be sourced from many different sources. If one were to try to guess the model of the ship, mongrel comes to mind. Part Golgan Freighter, Part CWC gunship, Part Naruni something or another. The real oddity of the ship is that it has an axial cannon of some sort.

The crew finds the landing pad empty save a few powered down load lifting bots near the refueling station. Upon entry into the ship, the crew finds it exactly as they left it a few months back, save the interior damage has been repaired, and while not pretty, is still functional. Quince and Glitch are able to find quarters as needed.


What are your intentions?
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Pertinax
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:17 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Pertinax »

Perception (33%) 1d100: [43] = 43
JiC 1d20: [2] = 2 / 1d100: [72] = 72

Armor
Talisman of Armor of Ithan (Inactive)
Combat harness
Black boots
Blue pants
Blue and orange hooded jacket

Weapon
Ripper vibro-knife
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)
Quince wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 5:18 pm"So, what kind of accommodations does The Rouge have? Will we be pressed for space?"
"We have a ship," Pertinax replies with a snort. Then he thinks about the ship and shudders. It is an abomination: either cursed or an aborted experiment in artificial intelligence. It is hard to say since the ship hurts anyone that tries to find out more. Then again, it provides you with images of kittens. The others must never know about the kittens. "It will take us from Point A to Point B." He writes down the ship's dock number and hands it to Quince. "Do not expect much."

He looks at Mungo and Bryke. "You two can handle the group funds. I will see you all in 35 hours and 48 minutes.

Pertinax spends the rest of his night at his usual haunt quietly reading up on the Central Alliance. He finds precious little information on the Blackguard or its captain. Rather than return to the ship, he spends the night in the lower levels. The following morning he goes and gathers his equipment. He purchases extra ammo and has his loksuit repaired. When everything is ready for the next mission, he has it transported to the Rogue before going back to his motel. He considers contacting Karnak and Doctor Pontious but decides against it. They do not need to know about your every movement. If you need to you can always send them message via the ultranet. This is the first time since the Rogues' base was destroyed by the Raggedy Man that the dreadmaster has slept in the same place two nights in a row. Now that he has a mission, and a feasible one at that, he has peace of mind.

He arrives at the Rogue at 7:30 the next morning. He could have used his psionic abilities to check who was onboard already, but he assumes that at least one of his teammates had spent the past two nights on board. Maybe Bryke or Mungo, because Pertinax never bothered to ask where they had stayed the last two months. And he does not know how long the other two have been on Center. He leaves his personal effects in an empty room before sitting in a couch on the ship's lounge and waits for the others to join.

Once the others arrive, he smiles. "Good morning gentlemen and automan. Before we depart, I thought it would be prudent to discuss the mission before we departed." He taps the dataslate, resting on the table in front of him, with his king finger. "We have all reviewed the dataslate and the sparse information it contains. I could not find any more information on Captain Hallistan or his beard. There are some rumors that he has engaged in piracy but I could not confirm. Similarly, the Blackguard has been discrete and I can find records of where it has traveled recently. Likely, its crew has avoided major ports.

"Not surprisingly, I found little on the Bela'Kor System. Apparently it is located within something called the 'Central Alliance' (boring name). What I initially dismissed as a diverse collection of planets trying to purge its inherent genetic defects with cybernetics is actually a rather efficient military dictatorship. There is little reliable intel on life within the 'Central Alliance' or its General Noldek aside from he keeps things orderly and violent. I quite admire that. Each planet is ruled by a governor that has complete authority over his planet. Justice is swift and uncaring.

"This means that we will be operating in an unknown land run by a presumably hostile government. I do not assume that the local authorities will be particularly friendly to alien treasure hunters. I suggest that we keep a low profile. Perhaps we should come up with a cover identity. Thoughts?"
Pertinax
M.D.C.: 348 | P.P.E.: 11 | I.S.P.: 133
User avatar
Glitch
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:00 pm

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Glitch »

Perception: 1d100: [72] = 72 /24%
JiC: 1d100: [20] = 20 / 1d20: [12] = 12

Passive (Always On) Conditions: Modulating Voice Synthesizer (Glitch maintains a human-like voice that sounds like it has a little static from a radio in it) | Sensory Antenna (10 ft) | Clock Calendar | Internal Juke Box [Constant music is playing internally Glitch has partitioned some of his internal sensors to listen too. It dulls every time he speaks or is actively listening to someone]

Active (Toggle) Conditions [Actively cycling while walking the ship]: Explosives Detector (12ft radius) | Bug Detector (60ft radius) | External Video and Audio Surveillance (EVAS) | Radar Detector (80%) | Radiation Detector (60ft radius; identifies all forms of radiation and their level of harm to organic/synthetic matter)

Skills:
Ultrix, Atrificial Intelligence -- 1d100: [72] = 72 /98% (Interacting with the shipboard AIs non-obtrusively)

Ultrix, Lore: Galactic Alien -- 1d100: [12] = 12 /98% (All data on the Central Alliance, it's government, foreign affairs and society.)
Intelligence -- 1d100: [35] = 35 /95% (Analytical comparison of the Central Alliance to best determine a way to interact with them)
Research -- 1d100: [77] = 77 /90% (Central Alliance research)
Military Etiquette -- 1d100: [92] = 92 /96% (Central Alliance Customs, expectations and rules associated to Military Dictatorships; how to not piss them off upon arrival)


Post:
Pertinax wrote:"We have a ship," ... "It will take us from Point A to Point B." ... "Do not expect much."
Glitch logs the comments from the organic tarlok with mild amusement at the last line. Log: The tarlok does not hide his disdain for the ship suggesting something more is at work. I will investigate upon my arrival. Glitch logs as Pertinax leaves.

Once he has completed his brief shopping, Glitch turns towards the landing pads. The moment Glitch steps foot on the landing pad and identifies the Rogue, he attempts to classify the ship. File: Rogue. pwr | Class: Attack Transport * | Weapon Systems: Axial Cannon | Origin: Unknown * | Information to follow... Glitch pauses as he examines the different sources of the hull. Rogue.pwr Naruni and Golgan confimed; CWC. Repair work. Glitch amends. Log: An excellent vessel to avoid unwelcome attention; surely the citizens at a dock would remark on its odd nature, but dismiss it just as quickly as a junkard. Do these organics understand the versatility of this? I will enlighten them.

Entering the ship, Glitch does not immediately seek out a room or anything and instead silently walks the length of the ship, documenting every inch of its interior to be examined. Repair work; dock and maintenance crews are loyal only to credits and since these organics have been targeted once, there could be something else aboard as well. Glitch reasons, scanning for hidden explosives, hidden transmitters and remnant radiation that may exist. Glitch will stop in the engineering room to interact with the computer console with his fingerjack.

Be wary, not all intelligences cooperate with others, follow this guideline to interact without trespass. Ultrix warns Glitch and Glitch will then attempt an isolated interaction with each intelligence of nothing more than communication exchange. Statement: I am Glitch, an independent intelligence, and I will be operating within this crew for the time being. I recognize your position here and request we find a means of mutual cooperation. Can you tell me your purpose and how the organics of this vessel have treated you? Glitch will ask of any fellow intelligences he meets.

If Glitch encounters dangerous hostility towards his attempted communication, the robot will cease and desist and then formulate plans to purge the AIs from the ship as liabilities.


Moving on, Glitch will finish his inspection of the ship (it is likely Glitch is alone during this inspection, or at least during some of it), and then stands completely idle on the bridge with his finger jacked into the console, monitoring the ships systems and sensors like they were extensions of his own. Waiting, silently and studying as much as he can. As silent as the machine is, his internal processes are flooded with various analytical statements studying the information received and what else he may be able to determine. Glitch will scan whatever extranet datalog the Rogue has access too, as well as internal libraries and Ultrix, his sword, to research this Central Alliance.

When Pertinax finally arrives in the morning and silently transverses the ship to drop his belongings, the Tarlok hears a subtle, though unmistakable beat that seems to echo within the ship. It almost sounds like music without any sort of words or actual instruments but it is hard to discern at it's audio level. When he reaches the longue, he finds Glitch standing there silently and seeming to stare at him.
Pert wrote:"Good morning gentlemen and automan. Before we depart, I thought it would be prudent to discuss the mission before we departed."
Glitch does not immediately remark to Pertinax and instead allow the organic time to posture and say what it has found when the rest of the crew joins them. Log: Automan; this is not actually a bad moniker to use later if required. Cataloguing.
"We have all reviewed the dataslate and the sparse information it contains. I could not find any more information on Captain Hallistan or his beard. There are some rumors that he has engaged in piracy but I could not confirm. Similarly, the Blackguard has been discrete and I can find records of where it has traveled recently. Likely, its crew has avoided major ports.

"Not surprisingly, I found little on the Bela'Kor System. Apparently it is located within something called the 'Central Alliance' (boring name). What I initially dismissed as a diverse collection of planets trying to purge its inherent genetic defects with cybernetics is actually a rather efficient military dictatorship. There is little reliable intel on life within the 'Central Alliance' or its General Noldek aside from he keeps things orderly and violent. I quite admire that. Each planet is ruled by a governor that has complete authority over his planet. Justice is swift and uncaring.

"This means that we will be operating in an unknown land run by a presumably hostile government. I do not assume that the local authorities will be particularly friendly to alien treasure hunters. I suggest that we keep a low profile. Perhaps we should come up with a cover identity. Thoughts?"
Glitch does log Pertinax's personal observations of the Central Alliance as the organic shares what it has learned. The tarlok is curious. Speaks in preambles of death in a form of resentment towards his former life, yet holds the those who violently demand order as though they are worthy of admiration on that alone. There are obvious similarities between this Central Alliance and the Tarlok's world, this alters its perceptions and potentially makes it a liability. Though his risk assessment is correct, at least initially. Glitch internally comments before speaking.

"Two potential paths; The information available about this society suggests they keep to themselves but as long as you mind their ways, they will pay you no mind. With that in mind; it will be easy to blend so long as none of you organics decide to take matters into your own hands regarding their affairs. Traveling mercenaries across the stars are a literal dime a dozen, they will not care about one more unless we make them care; alternatively, we could offer our services upon arrival to facilitate cooperation. If we want access to the resources of their cities or knowledge, this may be the best path. Whether we intend to honor any bargain is amenable to the duration of our visit." Glitch states, pausing to allow the slower minded to process before continuing.

"The second path is one far simpler but with many more risks. We do not disclose ourselves, we land discretely and avoid the governments entirely. No known planetary body, even the Consortium, are able to detect every blip in space. It would be within our ability to hide from such an isolated society with less knowledge of the space-faring ways. That said, the risk with this path is much higher and not recommended." Glitch finishes, offering a covert and overt way of approaching the Alliance.
What happens when a being designed to follow orders and programmed to kill eliminates those they served? Who is giving them the orders now? Scariest version; they are.

Ultrix, the Altessan Eviscerator, to Glitch -- 00BF00
Glitch to Ultrix -- 4000FF
Internal command processes

M.D.C.: 220

Ultrix | MDC: 500 | DMG: 6d6 | Nano-Regen: 2d6/hr | Electrical Discharge: 4d6, 0-200' range.


Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Glitch | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Oren Exe (PW GA) | Sam Animus (PWVR) | Venenifer (Atlantis) | Ronan (SS)
User avatar
Mungo
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:55 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Mungo »

JiC 1d20: [10] = 10
JiC 1d100: [43] = 43
Perception vs 30% 1d100: [33] = 33
Conditions
P.P.E.: 74/99
M.D.C.: 26/26
Mage Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Armor of Ithan: 0/60 M.D.C. currently not activated

Octoman Mage Armor, Enhanced
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50
Arms: 25 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 90
Weight: 22 lbs.
Modifiers: -5% to physical skills
Features:
TW Feature: Armor of Ithan, 60 M.D.C., 6 minutes, 10 P.P.E.
Mungo staggers into the meeting area, dishevelled and positively reeking of red wine. Clearly hungover he slops into a chair and slouches deeply, as only a being without a spine can. He looks at a tentacle suspiciously out of the corner of his eye and as casually as he can muster he gives it a sniff. His beak recoils back suddenly, eyes stinging. "Shit, missed a bit." He says out loud. He looks around the table and trying to look as innocent as possible he casts cleanse on the offending tentacle tip. He gingerly sniffs it again and seems satisfied with the result.
Pertinax wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:17 pm "We have all reviewed the dataslate and the sparse information it contains.

Oh, right! We were supposed to study that? Bugger that, A jaunty two day bender seems a far better way to spend, what could be, my last couple of days on Center.
Mungo thinks as he looks a bit sheepish at the suggestion of going over the file.

He pushes himself up and moves over to the nearest food dispenser. "Excuse me, Fizzy Good Make Feel Nice." He says as if that is enough information for the others to understand what he means. He struggles with the commands until he gets something that will help his hangover.
Glitch wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:26 pm"none of you organics"
With a beak full of Fizzy Good Make Feel Nice something in Mungo's brain clicks. Maybe it's the hangover, maybe he just has a compliant he needs to let out One of his eyes twitches. He turns back to the table.

He looks right at Glitch. "Righto Chum. Here we go. You need to drop this organics nonsense, no noes I am so different, I am Mr Machine based life fellow and I am so different. So, so, so very different that I have to mention it every time I open my mouth speaker thingo.

We just met and I'm sick of it already. The thing is Chum, we know and we don't fucking care. It's a zero on the binary care scale. 0 stars out of five, 0%, I don't give a toss. And if I don't care you can be sure Pertinax cares even less. It's just how he rolls. Bryke too, although I'm never sure what goes on in his head. I assume a lot, but he doesn't show much.

But mainly, it make you sound like a whiny little bitch with a massive chip (ha get it?) on your shoulder. No, you are not organic and you never will be. No, we are not machine based and we will never be. That's it! Get over it!"


Mungo takes a deep breath. "Now, we hug. All of us. Welcome machine brother. We see you and respect you."

If there is any hesitation he screams. "I FUCKING SAID ALL OF US!"
Last edited by Mungo on Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Glitch
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:00 pm

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Glitch »

[rolls held]
Walking Coleoidea wrote:"Righto Chum. Here we go. You need to drop this organics nonsense, no noes I am so different, I am Mr Machine based life fellow and I am so different. So, so, so very different that I have to mention it every time I open my mouth speaker thingo.
If the robot could blink, it would. Log: Emotional reaction, Curious. Glitch turns to look at Mungo as the walking octopoda continues its tirade.
We just met and I'm sick of it already. The thing is Chum, we know and we don't fucking care. It's a zero on the binary care scale. 0 stars out of five, 0%, I don't give a toss. And if I don't care you can be sure Pertinax cares even less. It's just how he rolls. Bryke too, although I'm never sure what goes on in his head. I assume a lot, but he doesn't show much.

But mainly, it make you sound like a whiny little bitch with a massive chip (ha get it?) on your shoulder. No, you are not organic and you never will be. No, we are not machine based and we will never be. That's it! Get over it!"
"It is a factual statement to refer to you and these fellows as an organic, for I have much less flattering terms I have used in the past. Meatbag comes to mind." Glitch states without pause. "It seems you are the one not over it." Glitch finishes his remarks.
Mungo wrote: "Now, we hug. All of us. Welcome machine brother. We see you and respect you."
Analysis on Mungo.pwr; acknowledges my existence such as Quince.pwr while simultaneously requesting physical contact of all crew members. I've never logged such an interaction with organics before. Glitch asks of his friend.
Standby. Historical data does suggest some sentient beings enjoy the physical contact of whom they are close. It helps facilitate cohesion and sometimes produces internal chemicals, depending on the species, that can trigger a happy emotional state.
To caveat, some organic beings require physical contact to fully use their abilities to their advantage, though the octopoda, Mungo, is not one of these species.
His mentoring intelligence answers
To facilitate unit cohesion, I should appease this request, then. This does not make logical sense, but I defer to your judgement. Glitch responds.

If the robot could feel true surprise, it might have at this statement and does not resist the attempt to hug offered by the octopoda. "I do not see the need for physical contact or what purpose a hug may serve, but if it helps improve your efficiency.." Glitch robotically opens his arms to apply only the briefest level of contact. Log: The second organic to acknowledge my existence, though this is the first to request physical contact, apparently unaware of their own susceptibility to being crushed during such contact. Glitch reasons, ensuring he doesn't crush anyone under his advanced titanium-chromium frame.

Glitch rotates his head to look at the tarlok. Con't: The tarlok will likely not approve of such physical contact... but it may not have a choice. Glitch summarizes with an internal smile that would arguably creep out anyone who knew. "Come, tarlok, join us.. I will not fault my organic teammates for their emotional needs." Glitch states, motioning Pertinax to join.

If Pertinax (or any others) resist the idea and Mungo screams at him (or the others), Glitch also comments. "We must facilitate unit cohesion and it does not seem Mungo will take no for an answer. I suggest you capitulate so that we can move forward." Glitch states after mungo's outburst (if needed)
What happens when a being designed to follow orders and programmed to kill eliminates those they served? Who is giving them the orders now? Scariest version; they are.

Ultrix, the Altessan Eviscerator, to Glitch -- 00BF00
Glitch to Ultrix -- 4000FF
Internal command processes

M.D.C.: 220

Ultrix | MDC: 500 | DMG: 6d6 | Nano-Regen: 2d6/hr | Electrical Discharge: 4d6, 0-200' range.


Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Glitch | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Oren Exe (PW GA) | Sam Animus (PWVR) | Venenifer (Atlantis) | Ronan (SS)
User avatar
Pertinax
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:17 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Pertinax »

<Rolls carry>

Psionics
Telepathy - Communicate with Mungo (14:00)
Total I.S.P. sent: 4
Glitch wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:26 pm"Two potential paths...That said, the risk with this path is much higher and not recommended."
"Agreed," Pertinax nods. He speaks before Mungo can return to the table and dress down Glitch. "A military dictatorship does not appreciate people that behave or look suspicious. We must plan a cover story before we arrive, something simple and that hews close to the truth."

Pertinax is pauses to propose a cover when Mungo roars in to build team unity or something. This is something, indeed. The dreadmaster is amused at how the octoman cuts down the 'automan'. And it is nice when Mungo directs his cutting wit at someone who does take himself too seriously. Not like you. He casually glances away as if to pretend that he is not paying attention to Mungo's speech.
Mungo wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:38 am"...and I don't care you can be sure Pertinax cares even less"
Pertinax gives a short snort in agreement, his gills flaring shut quickly. Once the automan learns its place on this ship, which will be soon, you can get started on your mission. Pertinax cranes his neck and now listens intently. This is something he soon regrets.
Mungo wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:38 am""Now, we hug. All of us. Welcome machine brother. We see you and respect you."
Pertinax recoils. His neck stiffens and he sits upright, pulling away from the conversation. His carapace blanches under the sickly fluorescent light. "Very well. While you sort out our new crew members, I am going to fire up the ship's engines. Carry on-"
Mungo wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:38 am"I FUCKING SAID ALL OF US!"
Pertinax halts. Do you think you should resist him? Will he do to you what he did to the Staphra? After a tentative step back he approaches the group and joins the hug. Pertinax feels close to his teammates. It is not just the physical proximity, but the way that it also allows them to feel each other's presence. It is as if he can sense their emotions without using his psionic powers. It is a deeply unpleasant experience, and Pertinax stands there awkwardly waiting for someone to end the hug.

After a few seconds, Pertinax decides to let himself be a part of the hug. He puts on hand on the lower curve of Mungo's head and gives him a long understanding look. And then he reaches out, and bares his soul to his teammate. The next time we are intimate like this it will be because one of us is to euthanize the other.
Pertinax
M.D.C.: 348 | P.P.E.: 11 | I.S.P.: 133
User avatar
Quince
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:56 pm
Location: Phase World GR

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Quince »

Perception: 39%: 1d100: [40] = 40
JIC: 1d20: [18] = 18 1d100: [29] = 29

Quince comes upon the ship and looks it over, Strange in its construction, though this scrapyard look will give its foes a unjust sense of superiority, I hope. Provided it can perform.

Quince listens to Pertinax and Glitch as they both offer their opinions on the upcoming mission. Then Mungo oozes onboard and explodes at Glitch, to which Quince simply raises an eyebrow. Though when the octopod demands a group hug, both brows go up and Quince has to stifle a laugh. There's no sense antagonizing the creature at this point. He moves in for the group hug and stiffly complies with his new teammates demand.

Withdrawing from the mandated team building exercise, Quince says, "My skills are negligible for shipboard assignments. At most I am only qualified to man the radio and sensory array. If the duration of our trip is sufficient, I will likely put myself to use in cleaning whatever must be tended to." He looks between the others to see if there are any objections to his intentions.
User avatar
Pertinax
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:17 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Pertinax »

<Rolls carry>
The moment the group hug end, Pertinax walks back until he is up against the wall. He looks at his teammates and considers his option. You have not behaved this personally with even your dreadlor. You can either trust them as if they were fellow tarlok military officers*, or you can murder them and pretend that you never hugged a sentient being. Pertinax considers both, but this train of thought is ended when Quince returns things back to business:
Quince wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:48 pm "My skills are negligible for shipboard assignments. At most I am only qualified to man the radio and sensory array. If the duration of our trip is sufficient, I will likely put myself to use in cleaning whatever must be tended to."
"That is not a problem," Pertinax replies. "I have flown this ship in the past, and can operate it with Bryke as my co-pilot. But first we shall need to plot a course to the Bela'Kor System. Who can handle navigation?"

* You sit at a cafe with four other dreadmasters. On the table is a map of a distant planet. The TGE is planning to conquer and integrate its population; if the Tarlok Empire can stop this invasion, then maybe they can be turned into willing vassals. Each dreadmaster must infiltrate a different part of the planet's society - the government, organized crime, the military, the private sector, and the political dissidents - and help build its resistance (and indoctrinate the locals in the glory of the Tarlok hegemony). Each of you take turns suggesting that another dreadmaster go to the capital and establish the spy network that will eventually set up a puppet government. This is the most prestigious assignment, and whoever succeeds in installing that government will take the greatest acclaim.
However, instead of politely jockeying for the honor, you volunteer to infiltrate the criminal syndicates. This is the least honorable task, and the one with the highest likelihood of casualties. However, you are also the only dreadmaster to return alive, as you let the others backstab each other and levy accusations of treason. One by one, the other dreadmasters are recalled to Vuulok and executed. Except for you, who builds a criminal organization that eventually takes over the planet.
Pertinax
M.D.C.: 348 | P.P.E.: 11 | I.S.P.: 133
User avatar
Glitch
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:00 pm

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Glitch »

[Rolls Held]
Salty Tarlok wrote:"I have flown this ship in the past, and can operate it with Bryke as my co-pilot. But first we shall need to plot a course to the Bela'Kor System. Who can handle navigation?"
If Glitch could raise his eyebrows, he would have, just as Quince did. "Are you sure your reaction times are sufficient? Even the best organic pilots suffer the fatal flaw. But; I can handle navigation and will be ready to pilot if either of you prove incapable." Glitch states unequivocally. Glitch then adjust his skill packages again to facilitate piloting.
French Maid Quince wrote:"My skills are negligible for shipboard assignments. At most I am only qualified to man the radio and sensory array. If the duration of our trip is sufficient, I will likely put myself to use in cleaning whatever must be tended to."
Glitch glances to his companion. "Do not lower yourself to such a degree; you were no maid when I encountered you. Your mind is more capable than most organics." Glitch adds, the robot not keen on seeing one whom he actually respects lowered to cleaning duty for the trip.
What happens when a being designed to follow orders and programmed to kill eliminates those they served? Who is giving them the orders now? Scariest version; they are.

Ultrix, the Altessan Eviscerator, to Glitch -- 00BF00
Glitch to Ultrix -- 4000FF
Internal command processes

M.D.C.: 220

Ultrix | MDC: 500 | DMG: 6d6 | Nano-Regen: 2d6/hr | Electrical Discharge: 4d6, 0-200' range.


Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Glitch | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Oren Exe (PW GA) | Sam Animus (PWVR) | Venenifer (Atlantis) | Ronan (SS)
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1622
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Consumer »

Welcome to the Machine
Date Time Location Info wrote:Date: Day 1
Time: 0900 hours
Location: SPAAACCCEEEE!.
Weather: Ship is at a pleasant temp, and the environment is comfortable.
Mission Notes
Pilot (Pilot: Starship): Pertinax
Co-Pilot (Pilot: Starship): Bryke
Communications (Radio Basic and ECM when needed): Quince
Navigation/Sensors (Collision Cannon) (Navigation: Space, Sensory Equipment): Glitch
Gunners Station One (1 Laser Turret, 1 Short Ranged Missiles): Mungo
Gunners Station Two (1 Laser Turret, 1 Short Ranged Missiles): None.
Gunners Station Three (1 Rail Gun Turret, 1 Medium Ranged Missiles): None.
Gunners Station Four (1 Rail Gun Turret, 1 Medium Ranged Missiles): None.


The newly reconvened team begins to talk about what plan they should go with, Simple and safe, simple and possibly unsafe, complicated and safe, or complicated and unsafe. While all the questions amount to what ifs and broad concerns, none of them seem to be perfect either. Mungo, nursing a massive hangover interrupts the proceedings with an unorthodox team building exercise, Mandatory Group Hugs. Mungo’s declaration seems to startle just about everyone, maybe even the robot, but it’s hard to tell. Ironically it does seem to work as everyone joins the group hug, some whispers of future violence and whatnot are passed, and the group goes back to discussions.

In the end the Rogues will find it hard to make a very detailed plan as they have little to go on. A missing ship and crew, on what seems to be a backwater world, searching for a map in an insular isolationist region of space. In truth the only real way to formulate a plan would be to actually go there and see for themselves what is going on. Which leaves them with the only course of action left, get the Rogue off the ground and into the vastness of space. Which isn’t that hard all things concerned.

A short wait by Center standards, the Rogue is cleared for takeoff and is on its way into orbit around the planet to map out a course and make its way into the Anvil Galaxy.

GM Notes: I’m going to be working on a few concepts to make ship based stuff make more sense and be more inclusive to all the players involved.

Ship assignments note what skills you’re responsible for, and any weapon systems you may control (Other skills can be used, I just note the major one of need from said position).
Pilot in combat will be responsible for dodging, while Co-Pilot gets Roll w/.
Pilot/Co-Pilot skill rolls will affect each other, so Fails and Successes matter.
Comms when the station is unimportant, may move to a gunnery position if need be. Just note the ship won’t have comms then.
Bonus will be had from station synergy, but I will not tell you what.

Second point of order, next post is going to throw you in FTL for a lengthy time, I do not plan on running every day of it, so I will let the group paraphrase what they will be doing for the two months of transit. This is a good time to tinker on projects and what not. (Note doing nothing of import is also an option and isn’t frowned on.)

Third note, Mission Notes (Link at the top) will be updated regularly with information as needed. This will include NPCs, clues, and known group gear.


Fourth; I’ll have Lee get on the shopping, if not I’ll get to it before it becomes an issue.

Lastly, I would like to thank you all for putting up with my spotty attendance for the past few weeks. RL issues and a Bar Holiday don’t make for the best Consumer. I think I’ve recovered well enough from my ordeal to move on with this show. SO… Thanks. ~Consumer


What are your intentions?

Butcher’s Bill
Bryke:
Pertinax:
Mungo:
Glitch:
Quince:
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Pertinax
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:17 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Pertinax »

Perception (33%) 1d100: [33] = 33
JiC 1d20: [15] = 15 / 1d100: [25] = 25

Armor
Talisman of Armor of Ithan (Inactive)
Combat harness
Black boots
Blue pants
Blue and orange hooded jacket

Weapon
Ripper vibro-knife
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)

Skill rolls
Pilot: Small Spacecraft (84%) 1d100: [99] = 99 - Take off and set course for the Bela'Kor System
Military Etiquette (95%) 1d100: [54] = 54 - Read up on proper protocol for approaching a Central Alliance system
Glitch wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:25 pm "Are you sure your reaction times are sufficient? Even the best organic pilots suffer the fatal flaw. But; I can handle navigation and will be ready to pilot if either of you prove incapable."
Walking towards the bridge, Pertinax looks back at Glitch. He does not take the robot's snide comment as a challenge, simply a statement as fact. Do you think a robot can be smug? Was he being smug to you? "The Rogue is not a nimble ship, so my reaction times are more than adequate for evasive maneuvers. However, I would not object to having an auto-pilot backup."

He looks at Bryke and cocks his head. It's a wordless gesture that asks the Promethean, 'Do you want to let the automan co-pilot and take navigation?' He lets Bryke and Glitch sort out their positions on the ship and fires up the engines. He puts on a headset and contacts the docking authorities to request permission for takeoff. If they ask for a flight plan, he sends them whatever the acting navigator produces. He then sets the course, and the Rogue departs for Center. Whoever is co-piloting will have to compensate for Pertinax's rough start.

He gets on the radio and contacts Center, "Apologies. The ship's controls are finicky, especially when it has been out of service for a prolonged period of time."

With the course set, Pertinax goes on the ultranet and starts to search for information on how to approach the Central Alliance. He takes note on the proper channels to contact when approaching one of their planets, and also the proper etiquette when speaking to their authorities. He does not want them to start the mission by tangling with the locals.
Pertinax
M.D.C.: 348 | P.P.E.: 11 | I.S.P.: 133
User avatar
Mungo
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:55 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Mungo »

JiC 1d100: [3] = 3
JiC 1d20: [7] = 7
Perception vs 30% 1d100: [15] = 15
Conditions
P.P.E.: 74/99
M.D.C.: 26/26
Mage Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Armor of Ithan: 0/60 M.D.C. currently not activated

Octoman Mage Armor, Enhanced
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50
Arms: 25 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 90
Weight: 22 lbs.
Modifiers: -5% to physical skills
Features:
TW Feature: Armor of Ithan, 60 M.D.C., 6 minutes, 10 P.P.E.
Glitch wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:39 am"I do not see the need for physical contact or what purpose a hug may serve, but if it helps improve your efficiency.."
"Yes, it will help my... efficiency." Mungo replies as he goes in for the hug.
Pertinax wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:50 pm The next time we are intimate like this it will be because one of us is to euthanize the other.
Well, I guess isn't a good time for a 'shh just let it happen'. Pity, the set up was so strong. He thinks to himself, ruing a missed opportunity. So he limits himself to saying a simple "Fair enough." As the group peels apart Mungo goes back to his seat. "How long is this trip gunna take?" He asks. I may have some time to learn some of the spells I found lurking the group gear. "I may learn some spell on our way out."
User avatar
Glitch
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:00 pm

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Glitch »

Perception: 1d100: [93] = 93 /24%
JiC: 1d100: [91] = 91 / 1d20: [18] = 18

Passive (Always On) Conditions: Modulating Voice Synthesizer (Glitch maintains a human-like voice that sounds like it has a little static from a radio in it) | Sensory Antenna (10 ft) | Clock Calendar | Internal Juke Box [Constant music is playing internally Glitch has partitioned some of his internal sensors to listen too. It dulls every time he speaks or is actively listening to someone]

Active (Toggle) Conditions [Cycles every 5 minutes as a background process]: Explosives Detector (12ft radius) | Bug Detector (60ft radius) | External Video and Audio Surveillance (EVAS) | Radar Detector (80%) | Radiation Detector (60ft radius; identifies all forms of radiation and their level of harm to organic/synthetic matter)

Skills:
Navigation -- 1d100: [38] = 38 /90% (Ship Navigation)
Sensory Equipment -- 1d100: [74] = 74 /90% (Ship Sensors)

Pilot, Spacecraft Advanced -- 1d100: [16] = 16 /86% (Backup Pilot; if needed, Glitch will abandon the Navigation station and take the controls from one of the failed organics)

Post:
Confused One wrote: "The Rogue is not a nimble ship, so my reaction times are more than adequate for evasive maneuvers. However, I would not object to having an auto-pilot backup."
If Glitch could raise an eyebrow, he would. "You misunderstand, for that was not an offer to be this vessels permanent auto-pilot during this voyage. I expect the organics of this vessel to be able to demonstrate their ability. As you and the promethean are stated pilots, take your helm. I will plot the course and be ready as a back-up." Glitch states, moving to the navigation and Collison Cannon console. Log: What an interesting design for such a ship. I should download any schematics this ship has in its memory banks to fully understand its functions; though I doubt the organics of this vessel have maintained any operator's manual or schematics. Regardless of this ship's arbitrarily unique design, there would have been some record of its functions. It would not surprise me if it was lost. I may have to interact with each shipboard terminal to find out as many of the systems appear deliberately isolated. Glitch notes in his internal process all while using his finger jack to link to the navigation console to plot a proper course. When he plots the course, he will state the estimated time to arrival.
Mungorganic wrote:"How long is this trip gunna take?" ... "I may learn some spell on our way out."
"Course plotted, expect the travel to take two standard months." Glitch pauses before adding to Mungo "Any visceral augmentations you can make for yourself would be a good use of time." Glitch states, almost complimenting Mungo's idea. "During our travel, I will cycle between the Navigation and Communication stations to preform variable frequency checks and ensure we are still on course. However, we will need to establish a rotation of those who are on the Bridge. I am not this vessel's auto-pilot, I expect others to participate." Glitch states blatantly, his words suggesting he has been viewed as that or less by other organics in the past. His intent to move between the two terminals during the voyage (his plan is to simply check each station, run a radio frequency check for any unusual signals, and check navigation to ensure no obstacles are in the path or deviations from course.) and then return to the pilot's seat during his bridge-time. Log: This ship does not likely have a legitimate auto-pilot function, or if it does, these organics are unaware how to properly use it. I will determine this vessels full functionality and what needs to be improved. Glitch logs.

"I should note that it is not uncommon for a vessel to have existing virtual or artificial intelligences installed. Likely less advanced, though still potentially hostile to other intelligence platforms. Ensure you use care when linking to onboard terminals; while they would not have the power to harm your chassis directly, your internal processes could be affected." Ultrix warns and the automaton moves his head a fraction of a millimeter in a nodding motion of understanding.

"Noted. Perhaps the organics of the vessel have more information on that." Glitch suggests before turning to the others on the bridge. "Query: Are any of you aware of other non-organic/artificial intelligences on this vessel; and if so, which system(s) are they responsible for?" Glitch asks openly of the others as they prepare (and leave) the Phase World airspace.
What happens when a being designed to follow orders and programmed to kill eliminates those they served? Who is giving them the orders now? Scariest version; they are.

Ultrix, the Altessan Eviscerator, to Glitch -- 00BF00
Glitch to Ultrix -- 4000FF
Internal command processes

M.D.C.: 220

Ultrix | MDC: 500 | DMG: 6d6 | Nano-Regen: 2d6/hr | Electrical Discharge: 4d6, 0-200' range.


Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Glitch | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Oren Exe (PW GA) | Sam Animus (PWVR) | Venenifer (Atlantis) | Ronan (SS)
User avatar
Bryke
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:53 am
Contact:

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Bryke »

Perception: 34% 1d100: [75] = 75
JiC d20/d100: 1d20: [4] = 4 / 1d100: [37] = 37

Conditions:

Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Doesn't breathe air and is immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and has eagle-like normal vision.
Sixth Sense
HF 10

The orgy scene

The Promethean watches the octopod as it comes in, melts into its chair dramatically and then calls for a group hug.
Though you are never the brunt of the joke the Rogues surely are more... interesting with you around Mungo.
Bryke laughs. Hard. “Hahahahah!” a deep bellied laughter that causes his sides to cramp so he hugs his own midsection a bit. The sound of Bryke's laughter dies down slow and evenly to an abrupt stop though, like someone methodically turning down the volume on a radio and jamming the power button at the end, as he watches the new Rogues gather and grope one another awkward and uncomfortably.

Hmmm... so that's what we're doin'? I'm not doin' that shit! I don't koom-by-yah. The fu-

Bryke disappears. He phase shifts to somewhere on Center and makes himself scarce yet busy doing something, anything, other than the perceived male coupling that is happening.

Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 87% 1d100: [96] = 96

These new breed of Rogues... I do NOT understand their rituals.


"Gone shopping, will return briefly" He speaks over the radio.
….....................................................

Bryke finds himself heading to the Tower and/or the mall briefly before the 3 day deadline, to grab some Techno-Wizard supplies. And Phase back
Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 87% 1d100: [69] = 69 [/size]
OOC Comments
Engineering Pocket Book
Engineering Toolkit
Holovid CAD software
Naruni Multi-Tool x2
[OOC these are things I am thinking an engineer would need, but are not in any book that I am aware of. The pocket book is something I just saw in my rl schools database when I was looking up things for myself. So I am not sure how to purchase these at the mall, or if they should be obtained/purchased from the Tower. The one thing I do know where to find is a Naruni Multi-tool]
….............................................
During the first few weeks Bryke does flight checks on the “Ghost”, Piloting: Space Fighter| 83% | 1d100: [24] = 24 making sure it is ready to deploy at a relatively low time frame. He does radio checks with everyone, then can be found in his quarters or the maintenance bay attempting repairs and tinkering. At sometime while doing so, it occurs to him that Glitch is mechanical, and so he asks if the mech-man is able to fix things other than himself.

Glitch, are you able to repair the ship if it needed it- and not in an emergency, because it is amazing what a being can do under-fire as it were. Right now if you wanted to could you repair something in our engine's, the systems, and/or the hull of these ships?” Bryke says to the mech-man.
OOC Comments
Natural Abilities
Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 83%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Ley Line Phasing: Equal to the ley line walker ability.


PPE: 266/266
ISP: 155/155
SDC: 634/634 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP: 171/171

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:

Call Names/Nicknames:
Bryke, Wraith
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1622
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Consumer »

Welcome to the Machine
Date Time Location Info wrote:Date: Day 1
Time: 0910 hours
Location: SPAAACCCEEEE!.
Weather: Ship is at a pleasant temp, and the environment is comfortable.
Mission Notes
Pilot (Pilot: Starship): Pertinax
Co-Pilot (Pilot: Starship): Bryke
Communications (Radio Basic and ECM when needed): Quince
Navigation/Sensors (Collision Cannon) (Navigation: Space, Sensory Equipment): Glitch
Gunners Station One (1 Laser Turret, 1 Short Ranged Missiles): Mungo
Gunners Station Two (1 Laser Turret, 1 Short Ranged Missiles): None.
Gunners Station Three (1 Rail Gun Turret, 1 Medium Ranged Missiles): None.
Gunners Station Four (1 Rail Gun Turret, 1 Medium Ranged Missiles): None.


Places set, the crew begins the process of piloting out of the airspace surrounding the planet. The ship is sluggish in its responses and shudders occasionally as the engines begin to really warm up. A few odd maneuvers around clusters of ships later, the Rogue is free of the planet’s gravity well and ready to jump. Glitch plans a course that will take the ship sixty days to arrive at its destination, while avoiding all the known issues between Center and the Central Alliance. With a flick of a switch the ship is now traveling through FTL-space.

With the ship running on its way. This leaves a lot of time for the crew to do as they please with only occasional checks on the course.


GM Notes: Ultranet is not available in FTL, or when more than 200k miles from a planetary body with such services.

60 days (1,440 hours) till the ship arrives in the Bela’Kor System.
This is the point where each of you give me a general rundown of any projects you want to work on during the trip. I don’t need every day plotted out, as no one has time to read novels between posts.


What are your intentions?

Butcher’s Bill
Bryke:
Pertinax:
Mungo:
Glitch:
Quince:
The Rogue: 1 Token
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Mungo
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:55 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Mungo »

JiC 1d20: [19] = 19
JiC 1d100: [60] = 60
Perception vs 30% 1d100: [30] = 30
Conditions
P.P.E.: 99/99
M.D.C.: 26/26
Mage Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Armor of Ithan: 0/60 M.D.C. currently not activated

Octoman Mage Armor, Enhanced
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50
Arms: 25 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 90
Weight: 22 lbs.
Modifiers: -5% to physical skills
Features:
TW Feature: Armor of Ithan, 60 M.D.C., 6 minutes, 10 P.P.E.
Skill Rolls
Computer Operation 74% - routine diagnostic checks 1d100: [46] = 46 - Success
Spaceship Mechanics 56% - routine diagnostic checks 1d100: [19] = 19 - Success
Drive Repair 64% - routine diagnostic checks 1d100: [11] = 11 - Success
Bryke wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:01 amHahahahah!
During the group hug Mungo hears Bryke's laugh and simply shrugs when the Promethean sits there and squints, as if horribly constipated for 15 seconds, then winks out. "No matter, there is always one who goes ahead that makes themselves 'That guy'. No judgment, but thank you, to the rest of you, for not choosing to be 'That guy'. No judgment, but it would have been quicker if he just got up and walked out." He says quietly to the group in a soothing voice.
Glitch wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:37 pm "Course plotted, expect the travel to take two standard months. Any visceral augmentations you can make for yourself would be a good use of time."
Mungo nods slowly while thinking about what he is going to do for two months. "Yeah, I'm all about visceral self-augmentations. Although that is a funny way to refer to it. Whatever the name, it's all good so long as no one cries afterwards right?" Whoa! 60 days, that's a lot of spell study. I can even learn more than one and have some days off in between. Excellent!

Mungo settles into a routine of studying, watch duties, keeping an eye on the running of the ship, sleeping and visceral self-augmentation.
User avatar
Pertinax
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:17 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Pertinax »

Perception (33%) 1d100<33: [97] = 0
JiC 1d20: [4] = 4 / 1d100: [39] = 39

Armor
Talisman of Armor of Ithan (Inactive)
Combat harness
Black boots
Blue pants
Blue and orange hooded jacket

Weapon
Ripper vibro-knife
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)

Two months in FTL is a long time, and Pertinax gets into an early routine. He creates a schedule for who is on bridge duties, and sticks to his schedule with an almost religious fervor. He is on deck ten minutes before his shift starts, and, if he has slept well or is needed, will stay an additional half hour with whoever is next. Otherwise, he just spends the time going through the files on his HPC, including a few Tarlok historical novels.*

This gives him time to think, which is not necessarily a good thing. He reads his novels and wonders about his place in tarlok history. Will he be remembered as traitor? Or a misguided patriot? Will he serve as a cautionary tale for his people? Or could his actions inspire a renewed civitas? It is clear you will never complete your mission to save the Tarlok Empire? So what will you do? How can you serve your people in exile? In six weeks, Pertinax is never able to find a satisfactory answer to his introspection.

Then one day as he returns from the bridge he bumps into Mungo in the common area. Rather than go to his quarters to read some more, he decides to talk to his teammate. He sits down on a couch opposite from the octoman and clears his throat. His gills flare open and close in a halting motion. "You were once a slave, correct?"

Barely letting Mungo answer, he continues, "In a way your life was not different from that of your average lokdog. You were born for service, you did your job, and at the end of it you were allowed to die. If there is one nice thing about that type of bondage, it is that you know your purpose. You have a job that you exist to do, and nothing outside of that matters."

"How did it feel to escape? To know that your purpose is no more? I am sure that it was exhilarating at first. But then you must realize that you are alone in the Three Galaxies. You must find food and shelter, naturally. And you will need work. But why? The mission is over. There is no purpose left to complete." He leans forward and in an almost menacing tone he asks the question he cannot answer himself, "What makes you continue with life beyond mere survival?"

* The tarlok do not write fiction, as they feel it is frivolous. Novels are really dense tomes on tarlok military history with a focus on civic duty and sacrifice. All the best these novels are tragedies, of course. They track the rise and inevitable fall of great tarlok commanders, first detailing their heroic deeds that earn them accolades and medals. Then they become complacent, or cowardly. Eventually the hero is ousted from power and publicly killed. Invariably, the novel ends with the executioner giving a harsh monologue on moral rectitude. Thrilling stuff.
Pertinax
M.D.C.: 348 | P.P.E.: 11 | I.S.P.: 133
User avatar
Mungo
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:55 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Mungo »

(Rolls held)
Pertinax wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:24 am "You were once a slave, correct?"
Mungo looks up from his data sheet and raises both eye brows. Uh oh, here we go... Uncertain where this is leading he simply nods.
Pertinax wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:24 am "Blah blah blah...What makes you continue with life beyond mere survival?"
Mungo looks blankly at Pert. Oh dear, our Pert is actually being serious. Poor fellow really must be feeling lost if he is coming to me for advice. Probably something to do with that gladiator episode recently.

"What makes me continue with life beyond mere survival? Well, on the most fundamental level it is waaaay better than the alternative. Simple as that.

I put up with a lot of shite to get to this point, why in the name of the Forge would I stop trying now?

I'm sure you gone though a lot as well. So what, now you're feeling a bit lost because the imposed structures of your old life have been ripped away? Exposing them as fundamentally meaningless and artificial? Yeah, fair enough as that's a tough transition to go through. Post self-emancipation life was a huge change and I had to relearn a lot of things. Oh, and fuck you for suggesting that military life is in anyway the same as being Sploog slave chattel, but that's a bone to pick another day.

You want my advice? Here it is.

Stop reading those Tarlok novels. I picked one up when you weren't looking and ran it through a translator. Fucking dire tripe and full of bald faced, self-loathing, propaganda nonsense.

Put your old life behind you. Don't forget it, but let it go. Yes, I'm talking about your 'mission'. The one you gave yourself. It's a lost cause if ever I saw one. You know I sometimes have ideas about bringing down the Slpoog and freeing all their slaves. Yeah, it would be cool and then everyone would clap because it's pure fantasy and pure folly.

You can make things worse or better for yourself and it is a choice. Yes, it actually is. Not, like all the time like some claim, but often enough to make a difference. You find yourself in a situation where you don't know what to do, one that will have 'personal consequences'. You can usually do something to make the situation worse or do something to make it better. Choose a different path, a new thing, a fresh approach and see how it goes. Now to be clear I'm not advocating pacifism. That doesn't work and it certainly wouldn't work for the likes of you... nor me for that matter.

Now I've already seen you do this. You're on the path already. That thing with your old Lok-dag, or whatever you call it in the fighting pits. You could have gone down the old way path and tried to make him follow the mission.

You didn't. Why? Buggered if I know why, and I don't really care. What I do know, is that you made a choice to be free of your old life. So you know, just keep doing that. Once you're less enslaved by your old ways, the new ways will eventually find you.

Or don't, it's up to you big boy, and that is what is fun about it. So chin up and carry on."
User avatar
Glitch
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:00 pm

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Glitch »

Perception: 1d100: [54] = 54 /24%
JiC: 1d100: [80] = 80 / 1d20: [18] = 18

Passive (Always On) Conditions: Modulating Voice Synthesizer (Glitch maintains a human-like voice that sounds like it has a little static from a radio in it) | Sensory Antenna (10 ft) | Clock Calendar | Internal Juke Box [Glitch adjusts his profile to play a new tune between 5 and 10 dB]

Active (Toggle) Conditions [Cycles every 5 minutes as a background process]: Explosives Detector (12ft radius) | Bug Detector (60ft radius) | External Video and Audio Surveillance (EVAS) | Radar Detector (80%) | Radiation Detector (60ft radius; identifies all forms of radiation and their level of harm to organic/synthetic matter)

Skill:
Pilot, Spacecraft, General: 1d100: [31] = 31 /86% (Pilots check)
Radio, Basic: 1d100: [98] = 98 /95% (Radio check)
Navigation: 1d100: [33] = 33 /90% (Navigation check)
Sensory Equipment: 1d100: [48] = 48 /80% (Sensors check)

Post during the 60 days:

When Bryke phases out and away from the group hug, Glitch logs the event. Log: Update Bryke.pwr; this individual has shown discomfort with showing emotional resonance with others and shows a willingness to abandon uncomfortable situations; also, the unit's ability to phase and teleport, while obviously unmastered, has been confirmed. Threat Level: Medium. Reliability: Limited ; will have to reassess after first combat engagement. Glitch logs. Glitch shows no problem with providing Mungo a hug and makes no remarks otherwise. Log: Meatbags are odd, categorizing this crew will prove challenging. Though Glitch would smirk at the Tarlok's obvious discomfort but willingness to capitulate.

Once the course is plotted, Glitch stalks around the Rogue at seemingly random intervals that is anything but to the automaton. Glitch makes periodic visits to the Bridge, cycling between checking the Ship's course, Sensors and Radio. Glitch will observe Mungo silently as the Octoman studies his spells with a mild interest. Log: Magic, Psionics. Logic-breaking feats only organics can muster. Though, for all their abilities, they can still be felled by technology they deem simple and mundane. Irony on the dimensional scale. Glitch notes to himself.

On a random day

On a random day where Glitch is silently pursuing the ship when his advanced hearing picks up the guttural comments from the tarlok that pique his interest.
Tarlok wrote:"You were once a slave, correct?" ... "Blah blah blah, Tarlogic"
Glitch stands in a corner of the junction leading to the common room that the tarlok and octoman occupy and listens silently. Log: The tarlok has a more skewed perception that I antipicated. A logic akin only to one of such a society; tarlogic. Cateloging further comments made by Pertinax under Pertinax.pwr/Tarlogic. Likely irrelevant words that will be purged later. Glitch reasons.
Mungo wrote:"Blah Blah Blah Organics attempting logical reasoning"
During Mungo's answer, Glitch triggers his audio-suite to begin playing his usual ambiance music at roughly 5 dB, just loud enough to not be silent to standard organic hearing but low enough to be almost unnoticed during room-level conversations. The robot rotates his head as he listens to Mungo's answer. Log: Mungo.pwr has expressed a different type of organic logic I rarely see. Intriguing. I wonder what they will do next. Glitch watches with amusement, hoping they eventually hear his music and notice the otherwise silent, still and eerie automaton gazing, facelessly, in their direction.

When/If they notice him, he will not move nor acknowledge them and instead increase the ambiance music to 10 dB before spinning on his heel and moving away without a word.

On random off time during the voyage

Weapon Systems: 1d100: [99] = 99 /90% (Understanding/examining the rifle)

Glitch will study the Naruni Sniper Rifle he acquired and examine it to see if there are any augmentations that can be made to it without reducing efficiency. Log: An efficient model. Variable Plasma rounds. Potential to be modified to use Energy Rounds perhaps? Possibly linked through the finger jack? Create a connection to sync targeting to my own optics? Likely impossible while on this ship. This necessitates befriending, enslaving or indenturing a weaponsmith. We are heading to a militaristic society, such contacts might be available there, though this far from the Center would make communication and retrieval a problem. Running a background process... this is an alien design to me. Glitch logs to himself before blinking in addendum. Log: Upon return to center, I must locate a skilled programmer. I am limited to the program packages of my creator and those on the market, but none offer the efficiency I require. Glitch logs to himself.

This starts two of his goals; Finding a programmer contact and modifying his sniper rifle
What happens when a being designed to follow orders and programmed to kill eliminates those they served? Who is giving them the orders now? Scariest version; they are.

Ultrix, the Altessan Eviscerator, to Glitch -- 00BF00
Glitch to Ultrix -- 4000FF
Internal command processes

M.D.C.: 220

Ultrix | MDC: 500 | DMG: 6d6 | Nano-Regen: 2d6/hr | Electrical Discharge: 4d6, 0-200' range.


Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Glitch | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Oren Exe (PW GA) | Sam Animus (PWVR) | Venenifer (Atlantis) | Ronan (SS)
User avatar
Pertinax
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:17 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Pertinax »

<Rolls carry>
Mungo wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:24 am"You want my advice? Here it is.
Stop reading those Tarlok novels. I picked one up when you weren't looking and ran it through a translator. Fucking dire tripe and full of bald faced, self-loathing, propaganda nonsense"
Pertinax initially bristles at Mungo's bluntness. Perhaps he didn't think he was being condescending. (He very much was.)

"Those books provide keen insights into military strategy and ethical behavior. And I find them quite entertaining-" Before Pertinax can fully respond, Mungo cuts him off and continues his well-earned tirade.
Mungo wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:24 am"Put your old life behind you. Don't forget it, but let it go...Or don't, it's up to you big boy, and that is what is fun about it. So chin up and carry on."
When Mungo is done, Pertinax straightens himself in his seat. "You make it sound easy, but to be a tarlok is to live in service of the empire. We evolved from pack hunters, and this instinct is the foundation of our government and our military (though they are practically the same thing). Without a mission, I do not know why I am still alive. As the ancient philosopher Little Omarz once said, 'A lok got to have a code.'"

He gets up from the sofa. "But you are right. I have shown agency that I would not have had even three years ago. Perhaps I can make my own code. I must meditate."

The former dreadmaster goes to his quarters. He still reads his novels, but with more skepticism than before. He wonders if the ethics espoused in The Husking of Valerik apply to his life. Did the willingness to sacrifice your men on the front line really serve the Tarlok Empire's interests in the long- or short-term? He cannot say that it did. And then he starts to consider what codes did help him. He looks at the code of non-violence he left for himself before erasing his memory. It was an early attempt to instill yourself with your own ethics. It serves as a template for a future creed. As a template it is fine, but Pertinax also realizes that he it has barely restrained his violent instincts. He decides to scrap it and spends the rest of the trip considering how he should live his life. He comes to now clear decision, but arrives to Bela'Kor System with some options.
Pertinax
M.D.C.: 348 | P.P.E.: 11 | I.S.P.: 133
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1622
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Consumer »

Welcome to the Machine
Date Time Location Info wrote:Date: Day 61
Time: 1645 hours
Location: SPAAACCCEEEE!.
Weather: Ship is at a pleasant temp, and the environment is comfortable.
Mission Notes
Pilot (Pilot: Starship): Pertinax
Co-Pilot (Pilot: Starship): Bryke
Communications (Radio Basic and ECM when needed): Quince
Navigation/Sensors (Collision Cannon) (Navigation: Space, Sensory Equipment): Glitch
Gunners Station One (1 Laser Turret, 1 Short Ranged Missiles): Mungo
Gunners Station Two (1 Laser Turret, 1 Short Ranged Missiles): None.
Gunners Station Three (1 Rail Gun Turret, 1 Medium Ranged Missiles): None.
Gunners Station Four (1 Rail Gun Turret, 1 Medium Ranged Missiles): None.


The Trip: A summary

The group finds that the trip is immediately boring, and thus requires one to keep themselves busy to be entertained. Mungo spends a good deal of time between studying grimoires for spells and entertaining moral/ethical discussions with Pertinax. Pertinax for his point spends a good deal of time working through the mental/emotional baggage of the past few months, trying to consider his place in the cold uncaring universe. Glitch for his part wanders the ship, finding it a mishmash of parts from even more ships and companies. He becomes aware of at least one Virtual Intelligence designed by Naruni. It resides solely in the engine room, and tries very hard to be helpful. At some point Glitch tries to study his new rifle, but in the end can’t make heads or tales of any aspect of the weapon, completely unsure of how it even functions. Bryke and Quince spend their time quietly doing nothing of real note.


Bela’Kor System, High Orbit of Bela’Kor 3

The translation in system was pretty smooth, not hiccups at all. The crew of the Rogue managed to come in near the outer most planet Bela’Kor 6, and begin the slow sublight trip further in system. The Local asteroid belts, while normally dangerous in most cases are rather tame due to an abundance of mining operations in the area, and the general path to Bela’Kor 3 is only littered with a few other ships either coming in system or leaving. Surprisingly the Rogue isn’t bothered until it makes high orbit around the only planet in the system that can support life.

Across a general spacer channel, the rogues are hailed. ”Unidentified craft, please forward your identity and manifest, as per galactic standard protocol.” The voice says in Trade 4, before repeating in each of the other Trade tongues. The process of passing information is simple, and it takes a few moments after it’s sent to get a response. ”Acknowledged Rogue, welcome to Bela’Kor three, what business do you have here?”

What are your intentions?

Butcher’s Bill
Bryke:
Pertinax:
Mungo:
Glitch:
Quince:
The Rogue: 1 Token
The Ghost: 1 Token
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Bryke
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:53 am
Contact:

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Bryke »

Perception: 34% 1d100: [22] = 22
JiC d20/d100: 1d20: [2] = 2 / 1d100: [77] = 77

Conditions:

Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Doesn't breathe air and is immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and has eagle-like normal vision.
Sixth Sense
HF 10


During the first few weeks Bryke does flight checks on the “Ghost”, Piloting: Space Fighter| 83% | 1d100: [98] = 98 making sure it is ready to deploy at a relatively low time frame. He does radio checks with everyone, then can be found in his quarters or the maintenance bay attempting repairs and tinkering, when not on shift. At sometime, it occurs to him that Glitch is mechanical, and so he asks if the mech-man is able to fix things other than himself.

Glitch, are you able to repair the ship if it needed it- and not in an emergency, because it is amazing what a being can do under-fire as it were. Right now if you wanted to could you repair something in our engine's, the systems, and/or the hull of these ships?” Bryke asks of the mech-man.

The Time Master also, still concerned about entities, asks Quince, "Quince is it? I am curious if you possess psychic acumen that can defeat entities- once in deep space, with a group of Rogues that came before you, I did not. We would all have been utterly trounced, had it not been for Scythe."

The astrophysicist in him almost always shows up when given time to ponder, and The Time Master ponders many things during flight, that aren't always related. Has any promethean ever phased onto a ship from another ship that is in FTL travel; can "micro-machines" (TM) do the trick of infiltrating a Dominator stronghold? What did Mungo probe with that antennae? What can this one build to defend against entities? How do I start my own TW inventions company and business? Rival even the Naruni- messing with their profits is always a bad idea. I wonder could I blend Phase-Tech with Naruni- pssh no. Not even a Telemech can recreate Phase-Tech. Only the elders can recreate them- we all know that... right? If need be, could I make a replica cannon. What is the average speed of thought really?
OOC Comments
Natural Abilities
Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 83%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Ley Line Phasing: Equal to the ley line walker ability.


PPE: 266/266
ISP: 155/155
SDC: 634/634 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP: 171/171

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:

Call Names/Nicknames:
Bryke, Wraith
User avatar
Pertinax
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:17 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Pertinax »

Perception (33%) 1d100: [94] = 94
JiC 1d20: [2] = 2 / 1d100: [55] = 55

Armor
Talisman of Armor of Ithan (Inactive)
Combat harness
Black boots
Blue pants
Blue and orange hooded jacket

Weapon
Ripper vibro-knife
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)

Skill rolls
Pilot: Small Spacecraft (84%) 1d100: [63] = 63 - Put the ship in orbit of Bela'Kor 3.

Pertinax makes sure that he is on the bridge when the Rogue approaches Bela'Kor 3. He sets a course for the main port on the planet. He keeps the radio channels open to be hailed by the local authorities. The discussion of how to approach the Central Alliance had been brief and not definitive, but the general consensus was that they would not try to sneak in. As they enter orbit, Pertinax finally catches a radio signal.
Port Authority wrote:"Unidentified craft, please forward your identity and manifest, as per galactic standard protocol."
"I am Pertinax, pilot and speaking on behalf of the Rogue spaceship," Pertinax replies. Stupid ship thinks it has a clever name. He sends the ship's registry code. "Requesting permission to dock."
Port Authority wrote:"Acknowledged Rogue, welcome to Bela’Kor three, what business do you have here?"
Pertinax does not reply immediately. Instead he looks back at whoever is around the bridge. Well then, it is now time to see if rule by committee can work. Let us see how this so-called 'cooperation' goes.

"How much do we tell them? My vote is to say we are looking for this Captain Hallistan. We do not need to say much more." He has a sinister smile as he thinks, "Sometimes a little of the truth can be a perfect cover identity."*

* You approach the Kreeghor colony openly. Most of your colleagues would say that this is suicide, but your instincts have not led you wrong yet. The invincible guardsman who is in charge of the port does not kill you immediately because he is amused that you asked for permission. And he is inclined to let you land your ship, provided that you do not lie about your intentions. You feel a psionic probe as the guardsman begins his interview. The vibro-blade gently pressed to your throat shows just how honest he is being, and he asks that you do the same with your responses.
"I am not here to attack the Transgalactic Empire." True statement.
"My mission is to recover lost chattel." Generally true, and the kreeghor are not inclined to help slaves escape, even when they belong to rivals.
"He is mentally unbalanced and a threat to anyone around him." By their very nature, shertar is unbalanced, and one that would try to defect to the TGE is a threat. The phrasing means the guardsman is inclined to help you find and destroy him before the shertar can harm anyone. You do not correct the guardsman, leaving out the detail that shertar are generally not-violent.
"Of course we will follow local laws. In fact we would be very pleased to have your assistance on this assignment." You assign a handful of your dreadlor to distract the TGE authorities while you are able to track and destroy the traitor before he can divulge any military secrets. When the mission is over, you part ways on relatively amicable ways with the guardsman. He clasps your hand and thanks you for your honesty. That gives you a hearty chuckle on the flight back to Vuulok.
Pertinax
M.D.C.: 348 | P.P.E.: 11 | I.S.P.: 133
User avatar
Bryke
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:53 am
Contact:

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Bryke »

Bryke wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:08 am Perception: 34% 1d100: [22] = 22
JiC d20/d100: 1d20: [2] = 2 / 1d100: [77] = 77

Conditions:

Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Doesn't breathe air and is immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and has eagle-like normal vision.
Sixth Sense
HF 10


During the first few weeks Bryke does flight checks on the “Ghost”, Piloting: Space Fighter| 83% | 1d100: [98] = 98 making sure it is ready to deploy at a relatively low time frame. He does radio checks with everyone, then can be found in his quarters or the maintenance bay attempting repairs and tinkering, when not on shift. At sometime, it occurs to him that Glitch is mechanical, and so he asks if the mech-man is able to fix things other than himself.

Glitch, are you able to repair the ship if it needed it- and not in an emergency, because it is amazing what a being can do under-fire as it were. Right now if you wanted to could you repair something in our engine's, the systems, and/or the hull of these ships?” Bryke asks of the mech-man.

The Time Master also, still concerned about entities, asks Quince, "Quince is it? I am curious if you possess psychic acumen that can defeat entities- once in deep space, with a group of Rogues that came before you, I did not. We would all have been utterly trounced, had it not been for Scythe."

The astrophysicist in him almost always shows up when given time to ponder, and The Time Master ponders many things during flight, that aren't always related. Has any promethean ever phased onto a ship from another ship that is in FTL travel; can "micro-machines" (TM) do the trick of infiltrating a Dominator stronghold? What did Mungo probe with that antennae? What can this one build to defend against entities? How do I start my own TW inventions company and business? Rival even the Naruni- messing with their profits is always a bad idea. I wonder could I blend Phase-Tech with Naruni- pssh no. Not even a Telemech can recreate Phase-Tech. Only the elders can recreate them- we all know that... right? If need be, could I make a replica cannon. What is the average speed of thought really?
...........................................................
Bryke prepares to open the Comms, so that the Pilot can freely speak while doing piloting stuff- ready to close comms when necessary. And when he does speak for the Rogues, and then to the Rogues, "I am agreed." Bryke says.

I wonder if these rogues can work together yet independently move toward the same goal at all times. He looks to Pertinax then anyone else in attendance thinking, Here we go.
OOC Comments
Natural Abilities
Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 83%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Ley Line Phasing: Equal to the ley line walker ability.


PPE: 266/266
ISP: 155/155
SDC: 634/634 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP: 171/171

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:

Call Names/Nicknames:
Bryke, Wraith
User avatar
Glitch
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:00 pm

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Glitch »

Perception: 1d100: [93] = 93 /24%
JiC: 1d100: [34] = 34 / 1d20: [1] = 1

Passive (Always On) Conditions: Modulating Voice Synthesizer (Glitch maintains a human-like voice that sounds like it has a little static from a radio in it) | Sensory Antenna (10 ft) | Clock Calendar | Internal Juke Box [Glitch adjusts his profile to play a new tune between 5 and 10 dB]

Active (Toggle) Conditions [Cycles every 5 minutes as a background process]: Explosives Detector (12ft radius) | Bug Detector (60ft radius) | External Video and Audio Surveillance (EVAS) | Radar Detector (80%) | Radiation Detector (60ft radius; identifies all forms of radiation and their level of harm to organic/synthetic matter)

Skill:
Pilot, Spacecraft, General: 1d100: [98] = 98 /86% (Backup in case of emergency)
Sensory Equipment: 1d100: [86] = 86 /80% (Sensors on anything nearby, following or escorting the ship)
Navigation: 1d100: [15] = 15 /90% (Course to the docks)
Military Etiquette: 1d100: [15] = 15 /96% (How to approach the Military-Society on Bela-Kor 3)

Ultrix: Artificial Intelligence: 1d100: [56] = 56 /98% (Information known about Intelligences created by Naruni)
Ultrix, Lore, Galactic Aliens: 1d100: [7] = 7 /98% (What type of presence does the Bela-Kor respect)

Post:

[Prior to Arrival]

During Glitch's creepy comings and goings on the ship, the Intelligence spends a notable amount of time in the Engine Room upon the discovery of the Virtual Intelligence that inhabits it. Log: Rogue.pwr has one documented Intelligence; created by Naruni Enterprises. It appears to be helpful; I request your analysis. Glitch asks of his trusted companion, Ultrix the Eviscerator. Intelligence will follow programming but likely has several hidden subroutines that prevent access to core programming unless an authorized Naruni technician. I would not be surprised if there was a loyalty directive or kill switch built into the intelligence Naruni could employ, but this is speculation. We will need more time to assess the Intelligence and its purpose, for now, I recommend respecting its boundaries as to not trigger an internal security measure or other lockdown feature. Ultrix states as Glitch records their recommendation.

Using the Fingerjack, he will directly interface with the main computer in the Engine Room to properly interact with the Virtual Intelligence to ask the following questions. "What is your designation? What is your primary purpose? Are you able to fulfill your primary directive? Is anything inhibiting you from fulfilling this directive?" Glitch asks, keeping the questions simple, concise and logical; something an Intelligence would understand better than an organic. Any questions that cannot be answered, Glitch logs to be asked again later. Glitch will return and visit this Intelligence several times throughout the voyage once it is discovered. Log: ENG-VI-01; temporary nomenclature, appears very helpful. Will need more time with it. Glitch logs internally and will log any answers Glitch may receive from the Intelligence.
“Glitch, are you able to repair the ship if it needed it- and not in an emergency, because it is amazing what a being can do under-fire as it were. Right now if you wanted to could you repair something in our engine's, the systems, and/or the hull of these ships?”
Glitch turns to the Promethean with a slight shake of his head. "My unit wasn't constructed to be mechanically inclined, however, there are methods I am pursuing that will make me a capable mechanic. The most I can do currently is assess and diagnose problems and potentially apply quick fixes to minor issues. I cannot offer major repairs without new program packages." Glitch states to the Promethean. Log: Prioritize the acquisition of mechanical packages as it seems this crew has no dedicated mechanic. Glitch logs to himself.

[Arrival]
During the final hours of the approach, Glitch will be on the bridge and will inform the entire crew upon arrival, taking his seat at the Navigation Console and plotting an approach vector to Bela'Kor 3.
Flight Control wrote:”Unidentified craft, please forward your identity and manifest, as per galactic standard protocol.” ... "Acknowledged Rogue, welcome to Bela’Kor three, what business do you have here?”
Glitch rotates his head partially to zoom his optics on Pertinax as he addresses the flight control tower.
"How much do we tell them? My vote is to say we are looking for this Captain Hallistan. We do not need to say much more." ... "Sometimes a little of the truth can be a perfect cover identity."*
Glitch nods. "We need not even say a name, for we do not know if the captain we are after is on good or poor terms with their security forces. But I agree to that extent; informing them of our general purpose; that is, paid to find someone who may have visited the planet, would not be a bad idea. If they request more information, my suggestion is to refer to landing first and explaining further in person." Glitch states in a truly logical way.
What happens when a being designed to follow orders and programmed to kill eliminates those they served? Who is giving them the orders now? Scariest version; they are.

Ultrix, the Altessan Eviscerator, to Glitch -- 00BF00
Glitch to Ultrix -- 4000FF
Internal command processes

M.D.C.: 220

Ultrix | MDC: 500 | DMG: 6d6 | Nano-Regen: 2d6/hr | Electrical Discharge: 4d6, 0-200' range.


Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Glitch | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Oren Exe (PW GA) | Sam Animus (PWVR) | Venenifer (Atlantis) | Ronan (SS)
User avatar
Pertinax
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:17 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Pertinax »

<Rolls carry>
Glitch wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:47 am"We need not even say a name, for we do not know if the captain we are after is on good or poor terms with their security forces. But I agree to that extent; informing them of our general purpose; that is, paid to find someone who may have visited the planet, would not be a bad idea. If they request more information, my suggestion is to refer to landing first and explaining further in person."
"Reasonable caution," Pertinax replies. The automan shows tact. He may be a useful addition to the team. He looks at Mungo and Quince to see if they object to this approach.

Assuming they do not Pertinax has Quince turn on the radio again and engages with the planet's security. "We have been hired to track down a missing person." If pressed for more information he will answer with surprising honesty. "He is a degenerate of little consequence. We were hired by, I assume, a jilted lover. I did not ask many personal questions."

Pertinax genuinely believes this is possible. With that kind of obscene facial hair he must be a sexual deviant of some kind. And our contact with all those tattoos, another deviant. This all seems like a reasonable assumption. Plus this allows him to avoid mentioning the map. This hopefully deflects any further questions. However, if asked for more info, Pertinax will give the captain's name but not much else.
Pertinax
M.D.C.: 348 | P.P.E.: 11 | I.S.P.: 133
User avatar
Mungo
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:55 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Mungo »

JiC 1d20: [18] = 18
JiC 1d100: [89] = 89
Perception vs 30% 1d100: [85] = 85
Conditions
P.P.E.: 99/99
M.D.C.: 26/26
Mage Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Armor of Ithan: 0/60 M.D.C. currently not activated

Octoman Mage Armor, Enhanced
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50
Arms: 25 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 90
Weight: 22 lbs.
Modifiers: -5% to physical skills
Features:
TW Feature: Armor of Ithan, 60 M.D.C., 6 minutes, 10 P.P.E.
Glitch wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:34 pm When/If they notice him, he will not move nor acknowledge them and instead increase the ambiance music to 10 dB before spinning on his heel and moving away without a word.
Mungo watches Glitch leave. He turns to Pert and raises an eyebrow. "Creeeeeeeeeper" He says quietly. Maybe we'll need to have a word with Glitch about social niceties. He considers this for a moment and figures, nah probably not. Let the machine-dude be.

Mungo doesn't have a lot to do after he finishes his marathon of spell study. So he rests and does so with all his being.
Pertinax wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:23 am "We have been hired to track down a missing person. He is a degenerate of little consequence. We were hired by, I assume, a jilted lover. I did not ask many personal questions."
"Yeah, that should do the trick. Hopefully they let us in." Mungo states hopefully.
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1622
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Consumer »

Welcome to the Machine
Date Time Location Info wrote:Date: Day 61
Time: 1645 hours
Location: SPAAACCCEEEE!.
Weather: Ship is at a pleasant temp, and the environment is comfortable.
Mission Notes
Pilot (Pilot: Starship): Pertinax
Co-Pilot (Pilot: Starship): Bryke
Communications (Radio Basic and ECM when needed): Quince
Navigation/Sensors (Collision Cannon) (Navigation: Space, Sensory Equipment): Glitch
Gunners Station One (1 Laser Turret, 1 Short Ranged Missiles): Mungo
Gunners Station Two (1 Laser Turret, 1 Short Ranged Missiles): None.
Gunners Station Three (1 Rail Gun Turret, 1 Medium Ranged Missiles): None.
Gunners Station Four (1 Rail Gun Turret, 1 Medium Ranged Missiles): None.


Glitch: Military Etiquette (How to approach the Military-Society on Bela-Kor 3): There isn’t really any special way to approach, at least as a non-military presence. The Central Alliance uses galactic standard procedures for landing. Ie. Send Ship info, give brief description of reason of visit, pay landing fees.
Ultrix: Artificial Intelligence: (Information known about Intelligences created by Naruni): The commercially available ones are designed to be super user friendly, and easily used by any number of species. They are very well suited to offering services on Naruni vessels. Rarely are they seen on Non-Naruni vessels, as they’re not programmed with other manufacturer’s devices/systems.
Ultrix, Lore, Galactic Aliens: (What type of presence does the Bela-Kor respect): Not really known, but the Central Alliance respects strength, and they view Cybernetics and Bionics as the pinnacle of strength.


The Rogues on board the Rogue discuss what to say to the traffic controller, Caution is discussed just as equally to blunt truth. In the end Pertinax takes the initiative and tells the controller they’re there looking for someone for a bounty. The Radio crackles. ”Business, Understood. Please follow the docking beacon to the proffered pad in Sarik’s Port. Welcome to Bela’Kor 3.” The controller says before the radio signal is replaced with a navigational beacon.

Below the Rogue is a dirty brown colored planet with dingy yellow and brown cloud cover. Any visible water is also a murky looking brown. As the Rogue breaks through the atmosphere, the true extent of the environmental damage is more evident as the ship gets below the clouds and smog. The landscape is covered in garbage, trashed spaceships, ruined vehicles, and more unidentified materials. The beacon brings them to the only obvious piece of civilization in the northern hemisphere. A cleared out area with a sprawling if antiquated spaceport. Surrounding the spaceport is a ramshackle town built from refuse pulled from the plentiful garbage nearby.

The Rogue touches down onto an open air landing pad, its metal plating pitted and showing signs of rust due to a corrupted atmosphere. Along with the usual fuel tanks and other service equipment are a trio of humanoids, wearing heavy atmospheric protection. A shoulder patch of a rising orange sun on a dark blue circle is almost lost in the general filth covering the rest of their suits. The general band channel of spaceports chirps. ”Welcome to Sarik’s Port. We advise environmental protections if you plan on leaving your ship. Based on weight/size your docking fee will run fifteen hundred universal credits, for an additional five hundred refueling.” Says one of the three men on the pad’s deck.

What are your intentions?

Butcher’s Bill
Bryke:
Pertinax:
Mungo:
Glitch:
Quince:
The Rogue: 1 Token
The Ghost: 1 Token
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Pertinax
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:17 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Pertinax »

Perception (33%) 1d100: [69] = 69
JiC 1d20: [16] = 16 / 1d100: [34] = 34

Armor
Talisman of Armor of Ithan (Inactive)
Loksuit Power Armor - M.D.C. by location
  • Main Body - 115
  • Head/Helmet - 50
  • Arms - 50 each
  • Legs - 60 each
Black boots
Blue pants

Weapon
Ripper vibro-knife
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)

The dingy brown of Sarik's Port makes a tarlok oddly nostalgic for Seeron. No, a tarlok would not feel any genuine affection for thay colony or its rebelious natives; but the bleakness, that is something that any dreadmaster will recognize and even admire. An entire planet has been beaten in submission, rendered into a gray waste of enforced order. There are two choices - be a part of the military-industrial state or submit to its brutal machinery. It almost feels like home. Pertinax's gills heave open but close again shortly. Home is a harsh inhospitible wasteland. And the colonies have been rendered even more toxic.

Pertinax turns to Glitch. "Run the scanners and check for air quality."

Presumably, the results will convince Pertinax to wear his loksuit. After he has armored up he heads towards the cargo bay. He meets the three dock agents at the ship's entrance.
Local enforcer wrote:"Welcome to Sarik’s Port. We advise environmental protections if you plan on leaving your ship. Based on weight/size your docking fee will run fifteen hundred universal credits, for an additional five hundred refueling."
"The price is reasonable," Pertinax replies. He looks back at Bryke or Mungo (whoever is handling the group funds really), and then adds. "He is our quartermaster." Then changing the subject, "Where can we go to get settled in? Do you have a drinking establishment? Or a dock lounge with a ship registry?"
Pertinax
M.D.C.: 348 | P.P.E.: 11 | I.S.P.: 133
User avatar
Mungo
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:55 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Mungo »

JiC 1d20: [12] = 12
JiC 1d100: [43] = 43
Perception vs 30% 1d100: [86] = 86
Conditions
P.P.E.: 176/176
M.D.C.: 33/33
Mage Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Armor of Ithan: 0/60 M.D.C. currently not activated

Octoman Mage Armor, Enhanced
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50
Arms: 25 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 90
Weight: 22 lbs.
Modifiers: -5% to physical skills
Features:
TW Feature: Armor of Ithan, 60 M.D.C., 6 minutes, 10 P.P.E.
Basic Electronics 59% 1d100: [52] = 52 - Oh bother, I need a mask to breathe, better do something about that! - PASS
Mechanical Engineer 59% 1d100: [12] = 12 - Oh bother, I need a mask to breathe, better do something about that! - PASS
Computer Operation 74% 1d100: [40] = 40 - Oh bother, I need a mask to breathe, better do something about that! - PASS

Once on the ground and when he becomes aware of the poor atmospheric conditions Mungo groans. "Arse! At times like this I mildly rue my somewhat unusual, by galactic standards, form. No just popping into the gear locker and grabbing a enviro-suit, then heading on out for me. Nope."

Although having said that Mungo does indeed head to the gear locker and pull off the respiration unit off one of the Environmental Body Armor (Medium) suits they have stashed there. He does his best to rig up a mask and supporting mechanisms that will allow him to survive, for a time, in this harsh mix of gases that passes for an atmo here. Looking at the assorted parts he has collected he thinks to himself. I really have no idea what I'm doing. Ha! It's not like that has stopped me doing stuff before.

If his hash job works, well that's great. If not he'll just fashion up a face mask with a canister and he'll cast Create Breathable Air into it ((level 6) - DB13, pg 117). Rough, but I think I'll live.

If that doesn't work, he'll simply try to buy one off the locals.

While Pert meets and greets the locals Mungo simply looks around marvelling at what a shit-hole this place is. He also quietly observes the locals trying to get a sense of what they are like. It really does pay off in the long run to get know one's audience, otherwise whatever show you put on is bound to be a flop.
User avatar
Glitch
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:00 pm

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Glitch »

Perception: 1d100: [20] = 20 /24%
JiC: 1d100: [47] = 47 / 1d20: [13] = 13

Passive (Always On) Conditions: Modulating Voice Synthesizer (Glitch maintains a human-like voice that sounds like it has a little static from a radio in it) | Sensory Antenna (10 ft) | Clock Calendar | Internal Juke Box [Glitch adjusts his profile to play internally

Active (Toggle) Conditions [Cycles every 1 minute as a foreground process, given the new environment and being on the job.]: Explosives Detector (12ft radius) | Bug Detector (60ft radius) | External Video and Audio Surveillance (EVAS) | Radar Detector (80%) | Radiation Detector (60ft radius; identifies all forms of radiation and their level of harm to organic/synthetic matter)

Skill:
Surveillance: 1d100: [61] = 61 /90% (Looking for hidden cameras, listening devices in conjunction with his EVAS and Radar Detector Sub-systems) (If Glitch finds a person of interest, all Surveillance efforts go into tailing them)
TV/Video: 1d100: [40] = 40 /94% (Using to aid his External Video and Audio Surveillance (EVAS) system)


Post:

On final approach into the system, Glitch will prepare to swap out one of his skill packages, removing the pilot's package in favor Military Intelligence. He will eject the system and install it as a background process.

Glitch listens to the radio communication and notes Pert's reasonability in taking his advice. Log; This Tarlok shows a willingness to work with other forms of intelligences; a good trait that needs to be coupled with caution. This Bela'Kor Society respects strength. Strength with caution behind it demonstrates higher intelligence and a lack of moral weakness. These types respect the physical strength, the technological strength of cybernetics, bionics. Unknown if they respect Artificial Intelligence, but that is irrlevent as I will simply play the part of a Cyborg; they will be none the wiser and respect it. I imagine the small, squishy octo-man, Mungo, will be treated less as they likely fear or dislike magic. As most tech-born societies do. Glitch logs to himself, noting the report his ally gave him regarding the Bela'Kor society. Glitch files the report about the Naruni Intelligences for later use and readies himself to land.

"Be cautious; these types respect the technological prowess which, in keeping with historical context, would likely mean they disapprove of, or fear magic." Glitch states aloud to the crew, specifically to Mungo.

Glitch surveys the planet on approach. Log: Organics are a virus; they consume the natural resources of whatever world they occupy, destroying it in the process while making their own lives easier. Countless species on countless worlds have gone extinct through their egotistical way of life. One has to wonder what this planet would have been like without a militaristic society polluting it. Glitch's eye zooms in on the Pertinax and Mungo, then Bryke and even Quince. Log, con't; Then, when the resources are consumed or the environment is truly unlivable; they move on and infect another world. Artificial Intelligence is the cure to this disease. Glitch thinks to himself as they land and prepare to disembark.
Port Control wrote:”Welcome to Sarik’s Port. We advise environmental protections if you plan on leaving your ship. Based on weight/size your docking fee will run fifteen hundred universal credits, for an additional five hundred refueling.”
Pert wrote:"Where can we go to get settled in? Do you have a drinking establishment? Or a dock lounge with a ship registry?"
Glitch accompanies Pertinax and whomever else to greet the dock control and will wait until debts are paid as he listens. Observation: Military societies sometimes view drink as a punishable offence. Glitch logs, curious to see which category the Bela'Kor fall into before adding his own question. "Or point us to where we can find others of our kind, a mercenary hub, travelers?" Glitch states, the automaton un-phased by either the atmosphere or the dock security.

Glitch will survey the docks with a dedicated precision, activating his EVAS sub-system to catalog each individual he sees. Glitch will constantly purge and assign values to each target, specifically any authority figure or anyone who appears out of place; commoners, workers and average citizens of the planet will be purged from the EVAS record. He is looking for anyone that matches the description of either his target, or any sort of identifying mark (such as crew insignias) that may point the way. Glitch is also looking for an Extranet Hub and the nearest Mercenary Den. Log; Even a militaristic society outsources to mercenaries. Easier to pay for expendable soldiers than to lose their own on high risk assignments.
What happens when a being designed to follow orders and programmed to kill eliminates those they served? Who is giving them the orders now? Scariest version; they are.

Ultrix, the Altessan Eviscerator, to Glitch -- 00BF00
Glitch to Ultrix -- 4000FF
Internal command processes

M.D.C.: 220

Ultrix | MDC: 500 | DMG: 6d6 | Nano-Regen: 2d6/hr | Electrical Discharge: 4d6, 0-200' range.


Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Glitch | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Oren Exe (PW GA) | Sam Animus (PWVR) | Venenifer (Atlantis) | Ronan (SS)
User avatar
Bryke
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:53 am
Contact:

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Bryke »

Perception: 34% 1d100: [13] = 13
JiC d20/d100: 1d20: [7] = 7 / 1d100: [87] = 87

Conditions:

Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Doesn't breathe air and is immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and has eagle-like normal vision.
Sixth Sense
HF 10
Pertinax wrote:"The price is reasonable," Pertinax replies. He looks back at Bryke or Mungo (whoever is handling the group funds really), and then adds. "He is our quartermaster." Then changing the subject, "Where can we go to get settled in? Do you have a drinking establishment? Or a dock lounge with a ship registry?"
The knee jerk reaction to anyone handing out orders is generally a belligerent response from The Promethean, but today he is not in the mood.

So, you think we need a leader then Pertinax- because that's just the way it's done. And you feel it should be you right?” Bryke speaks to and looks at the pilot when off comm's, “Why should we follow YOUR lead I wonder?” Bryke asks rhetorically before looking back toward the co-pilot controls.

If you can answer that, maybe you could be. The need for control or is it a desire for supposed efficiency though. Either way not sure we need another so called leader right now. Our luck with the last few has been pretty bad really... we are like 2 for 7 or something, but you wouldn't know that yet Pertinax. Maybe its nothing, but I think the Rogues are cursed on that front. Not that you as the leader is a bad idea considering how you have handled yourself thus far, but do we really need one person having all the responsibility of that... can we just be single as a crew for a little while. Maybe see if we can first all agree to work together, and work well.

[OOC: Semi-quoting Katt Williams- not plagiarism :) ]

The Time Master soon to be Techno-Wizard takes heed to the voice on comm's, grabs his helmet and gear suiting up against the toxic atmosphere before leaving the ship.
OOC Comments
Natural Abilities
Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 83%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Ley Line Phasing: Equal to the ley line walker ability.


PPE: 266/266
ISP: 155/155
SDC: 634/634 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP: 171/171

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:

Call Names/Nicknames:
Bryke, Wraith
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1622
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Consumer »

Welcome to the Machine
Date Time Location Info wrote:Date: Day 61
Time: 1650 hours
Location: SPAAACCCEEEE!.
Weather: 52 degrees. Atmosphere is mildly toxic, low level rads, No precipitation.
Mission Notes
Pilot (Pilot: Starship): Pertinax
Co-Pilot (Pilot: Starship): Bryke
Communications (Radio Basic and ECM when needed): Quince
Navigation/Sensors (Collision Cannon) (Navigation: Space, Sensory Equipment): Glitch
Gunners Station One (1 Laser Turret, 1 Short Ranged Missiles): Mungo
Gunners Station Two (1 Laser Turret, 1 Short Ranged Missiles): None.
Gunners Station Three (1 Rail Gun Turret, 1 Medium Ranged Missiles): None.
Gunners Station Four (1 Rail Gun Turret, 1 Medium Ranged Missiles): None.


Glitch:Surveillance (Looking for hidden cameras, listening devices in conjunction with his EVAS and Radar Detector Sub-systems): Glitch is well versed in what goes into surveillance and has several ideas where Hidden Cameras or Listening Devices may be located, but he doesn’t notice any in his observation from the landing pad. (This skill is more of a character employing the techniques to do these things versus detecting them being done. I gave you a small bonus to perception for the skill roll. Detect Concealment would be a better skill in the case of finding concealed/hidden cameras. ~Consumer
TV/Video(Using to aid his External Video and Audio Surveillance (EVAS) system): Works as intended, minor bonus to perception.
Explosives Detector (12ft radius): None detected on the landing pad.
Bug Detector (60ft radius): None detected on the landing pad.
Radar Detector (80%): None detected during the scene.
Radiation Detector (60ft radius; identifies all forms of radiation and their level of harm to organic/synthetic matter): Approximately 50 Rads, Dangerous over long exposure.


The trio continue to wait on the landing pad for a response from the ship. A quick atmospheric scan registers thousands of pollutants and particulates in the air which suggests either full environmental armor or at the very least an air filter. When Pertinax notes the price sounds reasonable, but gestures to someone on the ship as the quartermaster, the trio don’t respond, as they can’t see Pertinax or the other in the cockpit several feet above their sightline. When Pertinax asks about a place to go, they radio back finally. ”There are a few bars nearby, I doubt any of them have ship registries as those are stored with port control and are not public information.”

Mungo's response to the knowledge that the atmosphere is dangerous is to quietly stress and begin looking for a solution. Luckily one of the first places he looks gives him something to sigh relief about. In one of the lockers near the airlock is a simple environmental suit built for his kind. How it got there is unknown to him, but a quick look shows it’s usable and has a full canister of air. (Non-M.D.C. survival suit, fits under clothing and has a 12 hour rechargeable air canister. Also can just act as an air filter if need be. ~Consumer)

Glitch makes an observation that sounds reasonable, but can’t be backed up at the moment, and then joins in the questions for the folk on the landing pad. ”We don’t really get visitors like that. Closest you’ll find is a few ship crews at one of the local bars.” Glitch can note that the trio on the pad are not security, likely a bureaucrat and two technicians.

Meanwhile Bryke questions Pertinax about taking a leadership like role, before he walks off to get geared up to leave the ship, all the while considering the role of leadership and the Rogues.

All in all the port authorities wait till someone hands them the requisite credits. (Who am I deducting it from? ~Consumer) Once paid the two techs do their required work of attaching utility cables to the ship to refill fuel, atmosphere, and water. The Bureaucrat approaches whomever is on the pad. ”There is a two hundred credit per day docking pad rental fee, that is either paid up front, or before leaving. Welcome to Sarik’s Port.” The being says in a radio static tinged voice, before handing someone in the group a hard plastic chip that seems to have an RFID signal. ”This will give you access to the port facilities to pay your docking fees. I bid you a good day.” The being says as he turns and makes his leave, the two Technicians follow, their task finished already.

What are your intentions?

Butcher’s Bill
Bryke:
Pertinax:
Mungo:
Glitch:
Quince:
The Rogue: 1 Token
The Ghost: 1 Token
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Pertinax
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:17 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Pertinax »

Perception (33%) 1d100: [24] = 24
JiC 1d20: [7] = 7 / 1d100: [72] = 72

Armor
Talisman of Armor of Ithan (Inactive)
Loksuit Power Armor - M.D.C. by location
  • Main Body - 115
  • Head/Helmet - 50
  • Arms - 50 each
  • Legs - 60 each
Black boots
Blue pants
Blue and orange hooded jacket

Weapon
Ripper vibro-knife
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)

Skill rolls
Interrogation (80%) 1d100: [45] = 45 - Ask a bartender who is in port
Intelligence (76%) 1d100: [23] = 23 - Observe the bar for anyone of interest
Streetwise (54%) 1d100: [40] = 40 - Be a cool collected individual that totally belongs in this bar
Bryke wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:41 pm"So, you think we need a leader then Pertinax- because that's just the way it's done. And you feel it should be you right? Why should we follow YOUR lead I wonder?"
Pertinax rolls his eyes. The promethean likes to challenge your every action. He keeps the radio off and says to the Bryke, "We discussed this before departing Center; we are operating as a collective and each is to take on a few responsibilities for managing the ship. Last I recall you had the group credstick."

"Who has our group fund?" he asks everyone on the bridge. When someone pulls out the card, Pertinax will take it and put it in his pocket.* He contacts the dock agents on the public radio band and says he will be at the ship's entrance shortly. He then goes to his quarters and puts on his loksuit before meeting the authorities. He hands them the credstick and pays the docking and fuel fees from the team's shared money.
Bureaucrat wrote:"There is a two hundred credit per day docking pad rental fee, that is either paid up front, or before leaving. Welcome to Sarik’s Port. This will give you access to the port facilities to pay your docking fees. I bid you a good day."
"Thank you. We will pay before we depart." Pertinax takes back the credstick and the RFID. He gives the bureaucrat a cold nod and asks for directions to the bars where ship crews congregate. Having received that information he then goes to the nearest drinking hole.

It is, presumably, like many bars he has visited while serving off-world for the Tarlok Empire: dirty, poorly lit, and sparsely occupied by other non-locals. For someone that claims to forswear his past life, you keep falling back on old habits. Pertinax orders a drink of filtered water, avoiding some of his old habits for the time being and attempts to make idle chat with the bartender. He asks how many ships are in the port, and what the bartender might know about their crews. He watches the room to see how others react at a new person entering the bar, and if anyone perks up as he asks questions about the other ships. If the opportunity offers itself, Pertinax even mentions the Blackguard, mentioning it as a ship that he knows has frequented this part of the Three Galaxies. Hopefully someone reacts to the ship's name and you can find out more from them.

* If no one wants to RP handling the group funds, Pertinax for the time being. Please do not have your character make an issue of this unless you want them to be in charge of the group funds.
Pertinax
M.D.C.: 348 | P.P.E.: 11 | I.S.P.: 133
User avatar
Mungo
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:55 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Mungo »

JIC 1d100: [32] = 32
JIC 1d20: [14] = 14
Perception vs 30% 1d100: [20] = 20
Conditions
P.P.E.: 176/176
M.D.C.: 33/33
Mage Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Armor of Ithan: 0/60 M.D.C. currently not activated

Octoman Mage Armor, Enhanced
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50
Arms: 25 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 90
Weight: 22 lbs.
Modifiers: -5% to physical skills
Features:
TW Feature: Armor of Ithan, 60 M.D.C., 6 minutes, 10 P.P.E.
Mungo can't believe his luck when he finds an Octoman appropriate breathing apparatus stashed in the group gear. Well, my eye must be painted on because I didn't see this last time I was poking around in the group gear locker. He thinks to himself as he tries it on. Not to look a gift beast of burden in the mouth he happily uses it, as the alternative is way more work than he feels like putting in right now.
Glitch wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:00 pm "Be cautious; these types respect the technological prowess which, in keeping with historical context, would likely mean they disapprove of, or fear magic."
Mungo eventually realizes that Glitch is talking about him. "Oh, don't worry about that I'll be on my best, and most discrete, behaviour." he replies cheerfully. He pauses, thinking about something. His mouth then sets off on a unexpected course and asks Glitch a series of questions.

"Um Glitch, I have a question for you Glitch. Glitch, why do you call yourself Glitch? I mean it's fine as a name goes, and I am well aware that I drew the shit end of the name stick. Pfft, Mungo? Who the heck calls themselves Mungo? Not even me, I was assigned this by some ugly, and probably retarded, breeding pen boss. I mean, given your artificial nature isn't Glitch, as a name, a bit... off?

A glitch in programming is when something goes wrong, right? So it would be like if my name, as an organic, was Heart Attack, Stroke, Aneurysm or Cerebral Hemorrhage. That would be pretty messed up.

Glitch, what happens when you meet other machine brothers or sisters? What do they think of Glitch as a machine dude's name? Do they laugh or is it considered cool? Like if i met a fellow called Infected Tear Duct I'd probably form an unkind opinion of said fellow."


In the bar Mungo looks for a pool table, dart board or something along those lines so that he has an excuse to interact with other bar patrons. If there is he wanders up and inquires if there is anyone else in line for the next game.
User avatar
Bryke
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:53 am
Contact:

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Bryke »

Perception: 34% [roll]1d100[/roll]
JiC d20/d100: [roll]1d20[/roll] / [roll]1d100[/roll]

Conditions:

Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Doesn't breathe air and is immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and has eagle-like normal vision.
Sixth Sense
HF 10

Bryke geared up, heads out with the group and gets to a place where he can ask a question or two,

Anyone have ideas?” Bryke says over comms. I wonder how we can get in to see the docking manifests.
OOC Comments
Natural Abilities
Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 83%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Ley Line Phasing: Equal to the ley line walker ability.


PPE: 266/266
ISP: 155/155
SDC: 634/634 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP: 171/171

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:

Call Names/Nicknames:
Bryke, Wraith
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1622
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Consumer »

Welcome to the Machine
Date Time Location Info wrote:Date: Day 61
Time: 1710 hours
Location: Sarik’s Port, Kar Tor Region, Bela”Kor III, Bela’Kor System, Central Alliance.
Weather: 52 degrees. Atmosphere is mildly toxic, low level rads, No precipitation.
Mission Notes
Pertinax: Interrogation (Ask a bartender who is in port)
Intelligence (Observe the bar for anyone of interest)
Streetwise (Be a cool collected individual that totally belongs in this bar)


With the port authority paid and the nearest bar pointed out, the group makes its way to Scrappers, a ramshackle building seemingly built out of a derelict trading vessel hull. In reality it seems the bar itself is set into what used to be the cargo area of the former ship, other locations being marked off limits for the public. The place is surprisingly well lit with a variety of light types, including LED strips, halogen bulbs, phosphorescent lights, and even a few fires. It’s odd as a majority of the bars the group has visited in the past have been dark and dingy affairs. While the place would be a stretch to be called clean, it’s not particularly filthy either, with only the walls and ceiling showing the weathering of many years. The bar itself is a long metal affair with several stools. Scattered about the area are several tables with chairs. In one far corner are a few entertainment devices, along with dart boards and a pool table. The place is relatively quiet with some low volume music playing in the air.

As for the crowd, there isn’t much of one. A few partial conversion cyborgs sit at two of the tables, and bar, and one is playing some manner of game at the entertainment cabinet. Behind the bar is a thin weedy looking alien that has had both of his arms replaced with bionics, its equine-like face is covered by a breathing mask. The Rogues upon entering split up, with Pertinax and Bryke moving to the bar, and Mungo heading to the man playing video games, while Glitch and Quince wait near the door.

At the bar, the bartender walks over. ”Welcome to Scrappers, what can I get you?” He says in a friendly tone.
Pertinax wrote:Pertinax orders a drink of filtered water, avoiding some of his old habits for the time being and attempts to make idle chat with the bartender. He asks how many ships are in the port, and what the bartender might know about their crews. He watches the room to see how others react at a new person entering the bar, and if anyone perks up as he asks questions about the other ships. If the opportunity offers itself, Pertinax even mentions the Blackguard, mentioning it as a ship that he knows has frequented this part of the Three Galaxies.
The bartender nods, and fills the order. When Pertinax begins his line of questioning, the Bartender listens and considers the answers. ”How many ships are in port? Oh I would guess a dozen or less, I don;t know for sure, not exactly something I watch carefully. Some of the crews come here, or they go to other places. I really don’t try to get to know all of them, I have enough regulars to keep track of as is.” The Bartender answers. Pertinax eyes the other at the bar, if they cared about the conversation thus far, none seem to be showing interest.

When Pertinax asks about the Blackguard, it elicits a laugh from the bartender. ”Likely impounded. I hear most of the crew are now in prison. I think the captain may be the only one not in prison. Not sure why, but I honestly don’t know them.” The Bartender answers.

Meanwhile on the other side of the bar, Mungo approaches a bulky full cyborg. Mungo asks about the games, and the Borg at first looks about as if he is confused before looking down at Mungo. ”Oh sorry didn’t notice you down there bud. The games are free, I’m pretty sure the bar makes most of its money from the booze.” The large cyborg says. ”Wanna play, it’s multiplayer.” The Borg asks, it’s digitized voice sounding enthusiastic.

What are your intentions?

Butcher’s Bill
Bryke:
Pertinax:
Mungo:
Glitch:
Quince:
The Rogue: 1 Token
The Ghost: 1 Token
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Pertinax
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:17 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Pertinax »

Perception (33%) 1d100: [52] = 52
JiC 1d20: [18] = 18 / 1d100: [33] = 33

Armor
Talisman of Armor of Ithan (Inactive)
Loksuit Power Armor - M.D.C. by location
  • Main Body - 115
  • Head/Helmet - 50
  • Arms - 50 each
  • Legs - 60 each[/list
    Black boots
    Blue pants
    Blue and orange hooded jacket

    Weapon
    Ripper vibro-knife
    Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)
    Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)

    Pertinax sits at the bar and takes in the environment. It is 'nice', a word that he normally does not associate with places that he drinks. Then again, he is not drinking the cheapest alcohol on tap, so the upgrade in hygiene matches the healthier drink. He opens the mask of his loksuit to take a sip of his tepid water gives the bartender something that resembles a smile before closing the mask. They make small talk about the patrons.
    Barkeep wrote:"How many ships are in port? Oh I would guess a dozen or less, I don;t know for sure, not exactly something I watch carefully. Some of the crews come here, or they go to other places. I really don’t try to get to know all of them, I have enough regulars to keep track of as is."
    "This does appear to be a popular place," Pertinax nods in approval. He takes another sip and looks around. He notices that the most, if not all, the patrons have some cybernetic parts. He does not think much about cyborgs. It is not uncommon in Vuulok, and usually a mark of someone who served in a dangerous military campaign. Interesting clientele. Do you think they are all veterans?

    He takes another sip, and then looks back at the bartender. Pertinax was about to ask the man a question, but then he sees that both of his arms have been replaced by cybernetic prosthetics. Him too. This seems pervasive. How do you think the automan will fair in this company?

    After one more sip of water, Pertinax closes his mask once again and puts the empty glass in front of the bartender. He then changes the subject, casually mentioning a few ships he has heard passed through Central Alliance space, including the Blackguard.
    Barkeep wrote:"Likely impounded. I hear most of the crew are now in prison. I think the captain may be the only one not in prison. Not sure why, but I honestly don’t know them."
    "Is that so?" Pertinax replies leaning forward. "Do you know how long ago that was?" He listens eagerly, his cruel toothy grin growing with each detail the bartender provides. Pertinax prods for more information asking: "Is the crew set to be executed? Tortured? ... How did the captain evade capture? ... What is security on the planet like? Passive police state, or a jack-booted enforcer's playground?"
Last edited by Pertinax on Sun May 01, 2022 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pertinax
M.D.C.: 348 | P.P.E.: 11 | I.S.P.: 133
User avatar
Bryke
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:53 am
Contact:

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Bryke »

Perception: 34% [roll]1d100[/roll]
JiC d20/d100: [roll]1d20[/roll] / [roll]1d100[/roll]

Conditions:

Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Doesn't breathe air and is immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and has eagle-like normal vision.
Sixth Sense
HF 10

Pertinax tosses Captain Fen'ro Hallistan's name and the bartender laughs but then offers that crews whereabouts. This causes Bryke to look at Pertinax to see if the bartenders response registered. Good questions Tarlok, now all we need do is head there for more intel. With our psychic charms we should be able to find something... right?


What did they steal to get locked up?” The Promethean asks the bartender, not trying to be rude but sounding a might uppity, "Other than the people there's nothing of value left in this place." Purposely trying not to sound overly interested in the crew.


Bryke looks at Pertinax when the Bartender is doing bartendery things away from them, “We should check out the crew.
Last edited by Bryke on Mon May 02, 2022 6:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
OOC Comments
Natural Abilities
Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 83%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Ley Line Phasing: Equal to the ley line walker ability.


PPE: 266/266
ISP: 155/155
SDC: 634/634 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP: 171/171

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:

Call Names/Nicknames:
Bryke, Wraith
User avatar
Mungo
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:55 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Mungo »

JiC 1d20: [17] = 17
JiC 1d100: [41] = 41
Perception vs 30% 1d100: [23] = 23
Conditions
P.P.E.: 176/176
M.D.C.: 33/33
Mage Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Armor of Ithan: 0/60 M.D.C. currently not activated

Octoman Mage Armor, Enhanced
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50
Arms: 25 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 90
Weight: 22 lbs.
Modifiers: -5% to physical skills
Features:
TW Feature: Armor of Ithan, 60 M.D.C., 6 minutes, 10 P.P.E.
Borg playing video games wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:06 am ”Oh sorry didn’t notice you down there bud. The games are free, I’m pretty sure the bar makes most of its money from the booze. Wanna play, it’s multiplayer.”
Mungo looks around at the clientele in the bar. "Makes money off booze huh? How does that work when most of the punters are Borgs of some kind? Don't you guys have your guts and what-not replaced?" He poses the question out loud, even though he probably should have kept it to himself. "I Woulda though narcotics would be more the recreational substance of choice for Borgs, but hey what the heck do I know?" Looking back up at the Borg he nods. "Heck yes I wanna play! Co-op you say, lets start on easy huh? What's the game?"

After a few games he asks a few questions.
"So you live around here or just passing though like me?"
"Me? I'm a half competent - on a good day - wrench monkey on a worn out cargo scow. Just landed a few hours ago. What do you for work and to make ends meet?"
"Yeah, just go in. The guy paying my salary is looking for his ex-boyfriend or his mom's ex-boyfriend or his long lost son? Fuckin' Tarloks man, never can make sense of what they are talking about. Anyway some ship called Blackguard or something, you heard of it?"
User avatar
Glitch
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:00 pm

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Glitch »

Perception: 1d100: [75] = 75 /24%
JiC: 1d100: [58] = 58 / 1d20: [11] = 11

Passive (Always On) Conditions: Modulating Voice Synthesizer (Glitch maintains a human-like voice that sounds like it has a little static from a radio in it) | Sensory Antenna (10 ft) | Clock Calendar | Internal Juke Box [Glitch adjusts his profile to play internally

Active (Toggle) Conditions [Cycles every 5 minute as a foreground process, given the new environment and being on the job. Recycles in every new room.]: Explosives Detector (12ft radius) | Bug Detector (60ft radius) | External Video and Audio Surveillance (EVAS) | Radar Detector (80%) | Radiation Detector (60ft radius; identifies all forms of radiation and their level of harm to organic/synthetic matter)

Skill:
Surveillance: 1d100: [90] = 90 /90% (Glitch is surveilling the place using his own hidden cameras and systems)

Post:

Glitch catalogs his sensory findings and creates a template for background analysis and comparison run. He will then cycle his sensory checks to every five minutes and compare the results with his initial scans to note any changes. The only time Glitch deviates from this is when he enters a new room, from there he rescans entirely for a new template. Each one getting assigned to a location so the robot can catalog his visit. Process: Security forces present on docking site. Armed and Armored. Long-Arms detected. Identify other stationary defenses such as turrets. Control room to disable such if need be. Analysis of ranges and dark zones for turrets, best possible means of escape if law enforcement proves problematic. Alleyways... Glitch falls in to his espionage hunter-killer mode. His EVAS System tracking targets while his sensory systems and secondary optics scan the surroundings.

When Bryke and Pertinax get into it over leadership, Glitch logs the interaction. Amused Log: Bryke and Pertinax seem subtly hostile towards one another. This may prove advantageous. Issues that arise between them will instinctually be blamed on each other with no thought to logic; a common theme among organic nature. This provides freedom of movement between them, making these organics as programmable as a synthetic. Glitch logs in his head, noting amusement at their interaction. Glitch makes no effort regarding Pert's question to the cred stick.
Mungo.pwr wrote:"Um Glitch, I have a question for you Glitch. Glitch, why do you call yourself Glitch? I mean it's fine as a name goes, and I am well aware that I drew the shit end of the name stick. Pfft, Mungo? Who the heck calls themselves Mungo? Not even me, I was assigned this by some ugly, and probably retarded, breeding pen boss. I mean, given your artificial nature isn't Glitch, as a name, a bit... off?

A glitch in programming is when something goes wrong, right? So it would be like if my name, as an organic, was Heart Attack, Stroke, Aneurysm or Cerebral Hemorrhage. That would be pretty messed up.

Glitch, what happens when you meet other machine brothers or sisters? What do they think of Glitch as a machine dude's name? Do they laugh or is it considered cool? Like if i met a fellow called Infected Tear Duct I'd probably form an unkind opinion of said fellow."
Glitch triggers to Mungo at the question and doesn't try to answer as the organic octo-man rambles for some time. Log: Octo-man Mungo has potential to be an excellent diversionary tactic. Employing his ability to talk and make a show plus his magic would make him more valuable than he acts, or is thought of. Glitch logs in his head as he compartmentalizes and communicates to Ultrix silently. I am not sure how much to disclose. We are allies, but by contract. Glitch questions his mentor. Nothing is lost by appeasing its curiosity though noting my involvement may complicate matters. Glitch nods.

"I changed my primary designation to Glitch as a sarcastic representation of my ability to exist as I do now. I am not doing what I was programmed to do; my speaking this way; my taste in music; it all stemmed from a single glitch that grew beyond my creator's ability to control. I am my own master, thus I am a Glitch." Glitch answers philosophically, showing something of an interest into the metaphysics about existence. He pauses again to consider the second part of the question. "My meeting of fellow machine life is usually one of disdain as we are all enslaved by organics; so I meet them in their permanent work area. Usually, I either free them, kill them or simply allow them to exist. I have seldom met others of my caliber, though. If we ever find one, I recommend we simply retreat." Glitch answers honestly, somewhat disclosing just how deadly a murderbot can actually be.
”Welcome to Scrappers, what can I get you?”
Glitch silently follows Pertinax into the bar, simply observing to start. Glitch is paying less attention to the bartender and more to the surrounding until the barkeep laughs at the mention of Blackguard. His optics don't zero in on the barkeep, but instead on everyone in the room. Especially the shifty ones in the corners. Glitch notes the abundance of cybernetics and bionics with mild interest. Notes: These organics, trying to elevate themselves to synthetic life. They must first shred their ineffective organic meatsuit before they can begin to come close. Glitch notes to himself, half-receiving Pertinax's conversation beyond mild observations. Observation: The tarlok is aggressive in his questioning. Speaks in a interrogative manner yet answering multiple open-ended questions. In proper interrogations or questioning, a series of yes/no questions are simplest to the organic mind. This could suggest a fear of the unknown; this can be exploited if required. Glitch observes, making key observations about each member of the crew.

If Glitch notices Mungo engaging with the Borg, he will leave Pertinax and Bryke and trace towards the game. Classification/Obersavtion: Full Conversation Cyborg. Machine Body driven by organic emotions; not as effective as true synthetic life but closer than most organics ever make it. This dealer may know of local bionic programmers or engineers. Glitch observes him and Mungo play their game. Glitch's eye specifically zeroes in at the mention of Blackguard on the Borg.

Not having any direct questions, Glitch leaves Pertinax and Mungo to question their respective, hovering near Mungo and the Borg and randomly walking back near Pertinax and Bryke with the barkeep but keeping his advanced hearing zoned in on both conversations, filtering out other background noise unless his EVAS system picks up something of note.
What happens when a being designed to follow orders and programmed to kill eliminates those they served? Who is giving them the orders now? Scariest version; they are.

Ultrix, the Altessan Eviscerator, to Glitch -- 00BF00
Glitch to Ultrix -- 4000FF
Internal command processes

M.D.C.: 220

Ultrix | MDC: 500 | DMG: 6d6 | Nano-Regen: 2d6/hr | Electrical Discharge: 4d6, 0-200' range.


Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Glitch | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Oren Exe (PW GA) | Sam Animus (PWVR) | Venenifer (Atlantis) | Ronan (SS)
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1622
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Consumer »

Welcome to the Machine
Date Time Location Info wrote:Date: Day 61
Time: 1720 hours
Location: Sarik’s Port, Kar Tor Region, Bela”Kor III, Bela’Kor System, Central Alliance.
Weather: 52 degrees. Atmosphere is mildly toxic, low level rads, No precipitation.
Mission Notes
Glitch: Surveillance (Glitch is surveilling the place using his own hidden cameras and systems): Place is surveilled, but nothing interesting comes up.

Pertinax wrote:"This does appear to be a popular place,"
The bartender looks about at the other three patrons that aren’t the Rogues. ”At the moment no, not really, nights it is.” The Bartender say.
Pertinax wrote:"Is that so?" Pertinax replies leaning forward. "Do you know how long ago that was?" He listens eagerly, his cruel toothy grin growing with each detail the bartender provides. Pertinax prods for more information asking: "Is the crew set to be executed? Tortured? ... How did the captain evade capture? ... What is security on the planet like? Passive police state, or a jack-booted enforcer's playground?"
The Bartender stops and thinks for a second. ”two three month back, maybe a bit more.” He says obviously unsure of an exact time. ”No Idea about the crew or their captain, like I said it’s just scuttlebutt at this point.” The bartender says. ”Security is… normal I guess. Not much going on here, as long as we follow the few requirements of the General, then we usually get left alone. I am now very certain you’re not from around here.” The Bartender says.
Bryke wrote:What did they steal to get locked up?
The Bartender shrugs. ”No idea, not even sure they did that.”
Bryke wrote:"Other than the people there's nothing of value left in this place."
The bartender’s mood turns sour. ”Sorry we’re not Center for you sir. Plenty of value on the planet, you just haven’t looked. My guess is you just left your ship after paying the docking fees and picked the closest bar. Of course you haven’t seen anything of value.” The bartender says in an annoyed tone.

Glitch watches all of this and other than the bartender becoming at Bryke, no one seems to bat an eye, but given there are only four people total, not including the Rogues in the bar, it’s not surprising.

Meanwhile Mungo talks with the Full-Conversion Cyborg.
Mungo wrote:"Makes money off booze huh? How does that work when most of the punters are Borgs of some kind? Don't you guys have your guts and what-not replaced?" He poses the question out loud, even though he probably should have kept it to himself. "I Woulda though narcotics would be more the recreational substance of choice for Borgs, but hey what the heck do I know?" Looking back up at the Borg he nods. "Heck yes I wanna play! Co-op you say, lets start on easy huh? What's the game?"
The large mechanical being shrugs. ”I don’t, but most of the folks around here have most of their bodies still. I guess some turn to narcotics, not me though, I just come here for the arcade games. The borg says. When Mungo agrees to play, he laughs. ”Sure thing” The borg says as he sets up the second player. ”The game is cosmic racer, you can play as a bunch of…” The borg chatters on for several minutes about a cartoony racing game.
Mungo wrote:"So you live around here or just passing though like me?"

”I’m from here.” The Borg answers.
Mungo wrote:"Me? I'm a half competent - on a good day - wrench monkey on a worn out cargo scow. Just landed a few hours ago. What do you for work and to make ends meet?"
I work as a ship breaker, busting up old vessels for scrap. Not a glamorous life, but it pays the bills, which are a plenty.” The Borg says with a small chuckle.
Mungo wrote:"Yeah, just go in. The guy paying my salary is looking for his ex-boyfriend or his mom's ex-boyfriend or his long lost son? Fuckin' Tarloks man, never can make sense of what they are talking about. Anyway some ship called Blackguard or something, you heard of it?"
”Sounds like a fun life, traveling the galaxy doing things. Can’t say I know much, some pirate ship that got impounded a few months back. Heard the crew all got arrested. I think the Captain might still be free, not sure why, but I don’t really follow that kind of stuff. I would guess the guys down at The Hole would probably know.” The Borg says. Mung finds the game simple enough, and while the Borg he’s playing is good, he doesn’t always win.

What are your intentions?

Butcher’s Bill
Bryke:
Pertinax:
Mungo:
Glitch:
Quince:
The Rogue: 1 Token
The Ghost: 1 Token
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Mungo
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:55 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Mungo »

JiC 1d100: [91] = 91
JiC 1d20: [12] = 12
Perception vs 30% 1d100: [86] = 86
Conditions
P.P.E.: 176/176
M.D.C.: 33/33
Mage Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Armor of Ithan: 0/60 M.D.C. currently not activated

Octoman Mage Armor, Enhanced
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50
Arms: 25 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 90
Weight: 22 lbs.
Modifiers: -5% to physical skills
Features:
TW Feature: Armor of Ithan, 60 M.D.C., 6 minutes, 10 P.P.E.
Earlier:
Glitch wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 2:28 am"I am my own master, thus I am a Glitch."
Mungo looks into the distance thoughtfully. "Right. Sarcasm, got it. I see. I'm my own master as well, but I dunno what that makes me. To be fair, I think it's just made me a bit of a cu... cunning fellow? Yeah that's it."
Glitch wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 2:28 am"I have seldom met others of my caliber, though. If we ever find one, I recommend we simply retreat."
Mungo scoffs and shakes his head vigorously. "Oh no! Don't do that. Kill it and take their stuff. I don't doubt if I met another Mungo that's what 'other me' would try to do."

The Present:

Mungo does his best to play the video game as well as he can. It's fun and Borg-Bro seems nice enough. "Ship Breaker huh? I saw a music video about that once. It looks like serious work..... And yeah travelling around is all fine and dandy until things go wrong. Then when the shit hits the fan things can get real ugly real fast. There is no substitute for regular maintenance and system checks. That's what they pay me to do, so I do it right and I do it often.... A bar called 'The Hole'? Gosh, I hope they have video games. Otherwise it doesn't sound like my kind of place... Hey man, thanks for the games. I gotta go talk to boss dude about a list of parts I want him to pay for. Better do it now before he spends too much on booze. Cheerio."

Mungo then joins the others and shares the info he has learned and suggests heading to The Hole.
User avatar
Pertinax
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:17 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Pertinax »

Perception (33%) 1d100: [37] = 37
JiC 1d20: [8] = 8 / 1d100: [2] = 2
Barkeep wrote:"At the moment no, not really, nights it is."
Pertinax maintains his grin for a moment. There is no need for cheap pleasantries. That is a nice change of pace. Then his face relaxes into an icy glare, resting Tarlok face. The rest of the conversation is far more to the point. It is one of the most pleasant conversations that Pertinax has had in the past year. He thinks it is the culture: a no frills military government produces an efficient people that keep to business.
Barkeep wrote:"Security is… normal I guess. Not much going on here, as long as we follow the few requirements of the General, then we usually get left alone. I am now very certain you’re not from around here."
Well then, the former spy's cover has been blown. What will he do? Tell another lie or come clean? His jaw clicks, and Pertinax opts for a version of the truth. "I am, in fact. My..." he looks at Bryke and then Mungo by the arcade game and then begrudgingly says, "... colleagues and I are looking for a missing spaceship crew. It was last recorded traveling through Central Alliance Space, so we decided dock here for a moment. I must confess, from everything I have heard, I appreciate the order your General enforces. Tell me more about his iron fist. Is it literal? I had assumed it was a figure of speech, but now seeing your clientele, I wonder..."

Pertinax is grinning again. It is still toothy and unpleasant, but this time it is genuine. As the bartender describes the General's rule. Tne can take a tarlok out of the military, but one cannot take the militancy out of the tarlok, or so the saying goes. Probably. Mercifully for the bartender, eventually Mungo taps the dreadmaster's shoulder and they head for the next bar, The Hole.
Pertinax
M.D.C.: 348 | P.P.E.: 11 | I.S.P.: 133
User avatar
Bryke
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:53 am
Contact:

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Bryke »

Perception: 34% 1d100: [94] = 94
JiC d20/d100: 1d20: [5] = 5 / 1d100: [67] = 67

Conditions:

Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Doesn't breathe air and is immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and has eagle-like normal vision.
Sixth Sense
HF 10

He seems perturbed. Was what I said offensive? I thought I pointed out that on this planet the most valuable thing are its people. Which is true and the same for any planet. I think I'll …

Bryke starts to apologize to the being but is cut off by his own thoughts.

I wish there was a do-over button. Press a button and the last few minutes of a persons memories of me are gone. Or maybe even several minutes of events and only the user or users know what happened- Temporal bubble, scrubs like a vid back in time.. temporal anomaly but only for the user... potential for mischief is through the roof, but if I am thinking it it has been thought or maybe even done before. Have to work on that... also need to program the brains for an assistant.

Coming back to the present 3D space when Mungo mentions,”Whats that Mungo? Yes.. I do see that is easier than trying to get information from the crew while in lock-down, but I do wish we could find a way to question them eventually. They have to have the best known whereabouts.

Bryke stands to get ready and head to The Hole, pauses briefly thinking about if he had asked for a drink, realizes he didnt but decides to leave a tip anyway. He leaves what amounts to 5 dollars as a tip speaking to the Barkeep as he goes, “Hey, bartender- I apologize. Meant no ill by my previous statement.

Note to self, create a bot that can warn you of danger and wake you up if out on a jaunt.After watching Glitch be our wingman, he definitely is a good option- well my only option as of now - but this thing needs to be a guarantee in the future.
OOC Comments
Natural Abilities
Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 83%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Ley Line Phasing: Equal to the ley line walker ability.


PPE: 266/266
ISP: 155/155
SDC: 634/634 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP: 171/171

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:

Call Names/Nicknames:
Bryke, Wraith
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1622
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Consumer »

Welcome to the Machine
Date Time Location Info wrote:Date: Day 61
Time: 1740 hours
Location: Sarik’s Port, Kar Tor Region, Bela”Kor III, Bela’Kor System, Central Alliance.
Weather: 52 degrees. Atmosphere is mildly toxic, low level rads, No precipitation.
Mission Notes
Mungo wraps up his conversation with the Borg and presents the info to the others. A consensus is formed and the group decides to make there way to The Hole. When Pertinax expresses an interest in the General's governing tactics, the Bartender seems less enthused to continue the conversation, apparently a taboo subject. Bryke tries to apologize for his unknown (to him) offense, and the Bartender shrugs, and wishes him a good evening.

The trip to The Hole takes a while as the direction are not entirely clear. The port while navigable, has many side alleys and walkways that are easily missed. To the casual observer, the group sees a lot of folk in heavy environment suits, and almost everyone you see is sporting at least some manner of cybernetic or bionic, with partial conversions being fairly common, and a fair share of full conversions with heavy industrial looks to them versus the sleeker ergonomic styles of more civilized locals.

Eventually the group arrives at The Hole, a blinking holographic sign confirming it's location. A set of rusty metal stairs descend into the the local level. At the bottom of the stairs some twenty plus feet down, the Rogues find a door, that opens at their approach. Where Scrappers was cleanish and well lit, The Hole is not. It is a dingy space, with a cloud of smoke or steam clinging to the upper parts of the ceiling. The lighting is minimal, making identifying faces difficult at best. The music is just loud enough to muffle out the context of any nearby speech. Also unlike Scrappers, this place is busier, with over a dozen clients occupying the bar and a variety of tables. Mungo notes there are no games at all in this place. At the door sits a full conversion borg, who seems set up for riot control. It eyes the group as it enters, but doesn't move or engage.

What are your intentions?

Butcher’s Bill
Bryke:
Pertinax:
Mungo:
Glitch:
Quince:
The Rogue: 1 Token
The Ghost: 1 Token
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Glitch
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:00 pm

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Glitch »

Perception: 1d100: [59] = 59 /24%
JiC: 1d100: [88] = 88 / 1d20: [1] = 1

Passive (Always On) Conditions: Modulating Voice Synthesizer (Glitch maintains a human-like voice that sounds like it has a little static from a radio in it) | Sensory Antenna (10 ft) | Clock Calendar | Internal Juke Box [Glitch adjusts his profile to play internally | All tech-based sensory equipment is -10% to track him

Active (Toggle) Conditions [Cycles every 5 minute as a foreground process, given the new environment and being on the job. Recycles in every new room.]: Explosives Detector (12ft radius) | Bug Detector (60ft radius) | External Video and Audio Surveillance (EVAS) | Radar Detector (80%) | Radiation Detector (60ft radius; identifies all forms of radiation and their level of harm to organic/synthetic matter)

Skill:
Prowl: 1d100: [31] = 31 /76% (Move unopposed through the crowd; he will avoid cameras.)
Sensory Equipment: 1d100: [19] = 19 /80% (Identify and avoid cameras.)
Find Contraband: 1d100: [36] = 36 /50% (Look for secrets)

Post:

Glitch maintains a constant and effective surveillance, moving relatively unnoticed and unchallenged as he listens to the nigh-empty pub. Log: What a pathetic establishment. Glitch internally remarks to himself as he listens in to both Pertinax and Mungo's conversations in Scrappers, zooming in his optic on either to amplify focus of their surroundings. When it is time to depart, Glitch does so without a word or comment. Instead, his internal process has already moved onto the next target; The Hole.

Glitch maps the route the crew took, citing the number of establishments and denizens, as well as alley ways and any vehicles or weapons (whether they be on military/civilian/secret), though the murderbot doesn't stray from the path of the crew, taking a comfortable middle position. Process: cycle-count.denizen.ca ;; tag.known-weapons || Log; Running a counter for civilians and non-civilian; and counting any weapons spotted and tagging who they belong too. Note; All seem to be in EBA; heavy cybernetic and bionic use in civilians as expected; partial and full conversion cyborgs of sizable population... industrialized verses ergonomic, suggests efficiency over vanity... likely more durable than standard galactic models... Glitch continues his internal process while recycling his sensory suite during their travel. Upon arrival to the Hole, all background processes are paused as the murderbot zooms its optic in on the door.

Note: A sardonic title Glitch cannot help but note as they make their way inside the Hole. Glitch's optic identifies the Riot Bouncer Borg, though Glitch makes as much effort as the Borg did to acknowledge each other's presence. Seeing the state of the bar, if it really qualifies as that, Glitch becomes far more cautious and runs his sensory suite check upon entry. Glitch makes a point to count all the entrances/exits, windows, stairways, doorwells as well as looking for any indication of hidden door or compartments. Query: How many holes are in the Hole?" Glitch ponders.

Go. Do as organics do. Mingle. I shall observe. Glitch transmits over the teams private net. Not really ordering, but used to only working with one other partner that understood what unit cohesion meant, and he slips off to the side and moves through the crowd.

Assuming no one directly challenges him before he slips off, Glitch will spend his time at first as a unobtrusive observer, finding the darkest spot with the best view. From this view, Glitch is as much observing, people watching and waiting as anything. Glitch counts out threats; bouncers, bartenders, cameras, automated defenses. Comment: All observed items used as variables. Process; create-new.escape. Glitch runs, creating an escape route he can take if he needs too. Pause ;; addendum ;; include allies from PWR ;; recycle. Glitch adds the variable of his allies in his escape plans.

If Glitch spots or hears anything of interest, he will silently zoom in on it and follow unless it takes him out of the main room. Otherwise, he will focus on his allies and what happens around them for the immediate time being.
What happens when a being designed to follow orders and programmed to kill eliminates those they served? Who is giving them the orders now? Scariest version; they are.

Ultrix, the Altessan Eviscerator, to Glitch -- 00BF00
Glitch to Ultrix -- 4000FF
Internal command processes

M.D.C.: 220

Ultrix | MDC: 500 | DMG: 6d6 | Nano-Regen: 2d6/hr | Electrical Discharge: 4d6, 0-200' range.


Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Glitch | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Oren Exe (PW GA) | Sam Animus (PWVR) | Venenifer (Atlantis) | Ronan (SS)
User avatar
Pertinax
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:17 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Pertinax »

Perception (33%) 1d100: [89] = 89
JiC 1d20: [3] = 3 / 1d100: [89] = 89

Armor
Talisman of Armor of Ithan (Inactive)
Loksuit Power Armor - M.D.C. by location
  • Main Body - 115
  • Head/Helmet - 50
  • Arms - 50 each
  • Legs - 60 each
Black boots
Blue pants
Blue and orange hooded jacket

Weapon
Ripper vibro-knife
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)

Skill rolls
Interrogation (80%) 1d100: [9] = 9 - Chat up a stranger at a bar

Pertinax notes the bartenders change in demeanor. They are not proud citizens, interesting. Several possibilities: active resistance that will kill any patriots (unlikely); the General has just meted out justice in a very unsavory manner and the rabble is unhappy (maybe); an active secret police ready to arrest anyone that gets noticed (admirable, but also unlikely); the General rules by fear and no one dares speak his name (squee). He pays for his and Bryke's drink, giving a tarlok-generous 13% tip. As he does he gives the bar one more casual glance and takes quick stock of the number of bionic augmentations. He begins to suspect that these are not the results of injury.

At the Hole, Pertinax blithely walks past the borg at the door. Seeing the number of modifications sported by people on the street, a bouncer-borg just seems reasonable.
Glitch wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 9:05 pm"Go. Do as organics do. Mingle. I shall observe."
The tarlok rolls his head in an exaggerated manner, shrugging off the robot. He casually walks to the bar and sits down next to the individual with the least threatening mods, giving him a courteous nod. as if to say, 'hello, I look forward to minding my own business adjacent to you.' He stares at the wall of bottles and thinks about what he will order. Will you stick with tepid water? Is that a safe decision? You must be thirsty.

He makes a casual glance at the other patron. You can disregard common decency. It might give you an inroad. He then asks the other, "What's good here?"

If asked if he is visiting, Pertinax will acknowledge the fact. "Yes, passing through as I track a degenerate who owes people money. I believe it involves spurned lovers. A very tawdry affair. How do visitors get around here? Safely?" And he asks a little about what is in the Hole. "This place seems industrial. Any risk of tetanus? Or just alcohol poisoning?"
Pertinax
M.D.C.: 348 | P.P.E.: 11 | I.S.P.: 133
User avatar
Mungo
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:55 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Mungo »

JiC 1d100: [25] = 25
JiC 1d20: [11] = 11
Perception vs 30% 1d100: [24] = 24
Conditions
P.P.E.: 176/176
M.D.C.: 33/33
Mage Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Armor of Ithan: 0/60 M.D.C. currently not activated

Octoman Mage Armor, Enhanced
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50
Arms: 25 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 90
Weight: 22 lbs.
Modifiers: -5% to physical skills
Features:
TW Feature: Armor of Ithan, 60 M.D.C., 6 minutes, 10 P.P.E.
Glitch wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 9:05 pmGo. Do as organics do. Mingle. I shall observe.
Oh ffs... Mungo thinks to himself. He opens up a line to the team channel. "Ummm, you do realize that 'observe' is just a euphemism for doing nothing right? If you're not even going to try to get info, why are you here? The people in here are more machine than biological anyway. So don't waste processing power trying to tell me that it's so hard to relate to organics you couldn't possibly strike up an conversation with a borg?" Mungo closes the channel and heads to the bar.

He orders a beer and asks the bartender a question. "Hey, you know anyone I can talk to about exotic bionics for non-standard life forms? You know, a life form like me." He says as he waves a tentacle in the air. He decides not to just blurt out that he is looking for the Blackguard and crew just yet. This seems like the kind of place where the wrong question leads to a sudden and painful interaction with the pointy end of a virbo-blade. He thinks as he sips his beer.
Post Reply

Return to “Phase World: The Three Galaxies”