[GR] Welcome to the Machine.

The Anvil, Corkscrew, and Thundercloud galaxies.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1654
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Consumer »

Welcome to the Machine
Date Time Location Info wrote:Date: Day 61
Time: 1710 hours
Location: Sarik’s Port, Kar Tor Region, Bela”Kor III, Bela’Kor System, Central Alliance.
Weather: 52 degrees. Atmosphere is mildly toxic, low level rads, No precipitation.
Mission Notes
Glitch moves into the bar trying to be unnoticed, but finds it near impossible as the cameras in the bar area are well set up to cover all the angles from entrance to each corner. He makes some mental notes on possible threats and finds the following: One bouncer, One bartender, a dozen or so cameras, No visible automated defenses. Then there is the actual crowd of cybernetically enhanced roughnecks, of which are several.

Pertinax makes his way to the bar, parking next to a skinny looking partial conversion cyborg. Who doesn;t seem to pay Pertinax any mind save the casual glance noting his existence. When asked about what beverage may be good the borg shrugs. ”Battery Acid, but I don’t think your innards would like it too much.” The borg says loud enough to be heard over the music. The borg then goes back to his drink, considering the transaction finished it seems.

Mungo tries a slightly similar, but different approach. Ordering a beer, which the bartender easily provides. Mungo asks about bionics. ”There’s a good ripperdoc named Thelmar over by the system admin building. If there’s exotic parts to be had, he probably has them.” The Bartender says to Mungo.

Bryke starts off with using Telepathy, and finds the average mind of the folk here is dreading the next shift at work. When he tries to spark a conversation with the bouncer, he doesn’t get a response at all.When bryke moves on to asking random patrons, who mostly look at him strangely for approaching their gatherings to ask about maintenance. One does answer though. ”Same as most, head to the nearest chop-shop and hope they don’t charge more than a years wages.” The borg says.

What are your intentions?

Butcher’s Bill
Bryke:
Pertinax:
Mungo:
Glitch:
Quince:
The Rogue: 1 Token
The Ghost: 1 Token
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Mungo
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:55 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Mungo »

JiC 1d100: [92] = 92
JiC 1d20: [3] = 3
Perception vs 30% 1d100: [52] = 52
Conditions
P.P.E.: 176/176
M.D.C.: 33/33
Mage Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Armor of Ithan: 0/60 M.D.C. currently not activated

Octoman Mage Armor, Enhanced
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50
Arms: 25 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 90
Weight: 22 lbs.
Modifiers: -5% to physical skills
Features:
TW Feature: Armor of Ithan, 60 M.D.C., 6 minutes, 10 P.P.E.
Skill roll:
Streetwise 44% 1d100: [3] = 3 to sniff out a source - Success
Consumer wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 6:52 am ”There’s a good ripperdoc named Thelmar over by the system admin building. If there’s exotic parts to be had, he probably has them.”
Mungo pays the bartender, sips his beer and nods. "Thelmar, Sys admin building. Right you are... got it. Now, who can I talk to in here about info? Not INFO, no no just plain old lowercase 'info' about an out-system crew that ended up in the clink. Any pointers?" He asks, if the borg says nothing Mungo slides a hundred credits across the bar to try to ease the situation.

If he gets a pointer he'll head in that direction, if not he'll try to draw upon his recent smuggler's training and sniff out a likely source of precious info. It's only precious because dear old Holt gave us sweet FA of it. He thinks dryly as he scans the room, looking for the dodgiest character.

He will approach the suspected source of info and introduce himself. "Hiya, I'm Mungo. Do you mind if I join you for a quick minute? No, of course you don't. I think you'll find I am rather delightful company. Not only that I'll very much a get-to-the-point kind of Octopod. I'm looking for info on a ship called 'The Blackguard', I hear it got impounded somewhat recently. You know anything about that?" Mungo pauses and look the source closely. "Oh do relax. I mean no harm and am only asking because if it wasn't me asking you'd have to talk to one of my colleagues. Trust me, they all have the personal skills of a filled-to-over-the-brim-construction site porta potty that been left in the hot sun for three weeks. Always makes you wonder how the last guy managed in there, all piled up like that... Anyway, I'm much easier to get a long with. Not in a threatening way, more like you sense them from a distance and you are compelled to stay the heck away." Mungo pauses again and if nothing is forthcoming, including violence, he adds. "Righto... If that's how it has to be of course I'm willing to pay. Not that I mind, If I were in your shoe I'd be angling for coin as well. Now come on, you know anything or do I have to go and offer someone other fellow coin in return for, what is probably, not even secret info?"
User avatar
Bryke
Posts: 321
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:53 am
Contact:

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Bryke »

Perception: 34% 1d100: [68] = 68
JiC d20/d100: 1d20: [19] = 19 / 1d100: [10] = 10

Conditions:

Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Doesn't breathe air and is immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and has eagle-like normal vision.
Sixth Sense
HF 10

The Octopod is fearless. Fearless and a little insanity do go together I guess. Can't help but admire its … hmmm what is the word … Mungo-ness …

Bryke chuckles at the thought.

Wonder if the g- hmm if h- hmmm is it male, female, neither or both- yeah just make it easy on myself, Mungo... I wonder if the guy would answer to Otto-Octo? Or maybe Otto THEE Octo? Nah... that's ridiculous. Plus what if we need to contact him quickly- Mun Go. Two syllables short and quick- Otto-The-Octo DUCK!!! just. No.


Telepathy [4isp, 14min, 340' read surface thoughts, 440' 2-way communication]

The Promethean is content to watch the scene happening with Mungo. The Time Master also scans the crowd to watch his back one, and if anyone flinches or looks as if they would respond to the Octopods question by showing curiosity in what he said. He also Continues to scan surface thoughts inconspicuously. Especially the persons Mungo speaks to directly and anyone around Mungo. If he needs to get into range he walks past Mungo without paying much direct attention to him, listening via telepathy, looking around for an empty seat. Almost always on edge and ready to fight, his attention is on those in the room around Mungo and anyone that might pose an immediate threat. He does still scan the room regularly.

"Hey boss. Best Drink. What is it?" The Promethean asks a bartender, in his natural contra-bass voice. "One. Large.."

Hiding a feint smile behind gulps of bar swill, due to the fun of trying to roleplay Mungo's "outhouse deputy" or what he called it.
Last edited by Bryke on Tue May 24, 2022 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OOC Comments
Natural Abilities
Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 83%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Ley Line Phasing: Equal to the ley line walker ability.


PPE: 266/266
ISP: 151/155
SDC: 634/634 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP: 171/171

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:

Call Names/Nicknames:
Bryke, Wraith
User avatar
Pertinax
Posts: 157
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:17 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Pertinax »

Perception (33%) 1d100: [50] = 50
JiC 1d20: [9] = 9 / 1d100: [97] = 97

Armor
Talisman of Armor of Ithan (Inactive)
Loksuit Power Armor - M.D.C. by location
  • Main Body - 115
  • Head/Helmet - 50
  • Arms - 50 each
  • Legs - 60 each
Black boots
Blue pants
Blue and orange hooded jacket

Weapon
Ripper vibro-knife
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)

Pertinax snorts at the partial borg's glib response and turns back to the bar. Frustrated that by the locals, because they are not tarlok, Pertinax feels the need for a drink. Tap water will not do. You can just have one and use that to break the ice with a random local. When the bartender comes up, he asks, "Before I order my drink I have an important question. How do authorities treat visitors? I want to know how likely am I to be arrested for being 'unruly'." He makes air quotes with his king fingers as he says that last word.

If the bartender says something to the effect that people get arrested for any small offense, Pertinax will order a small lager. Paying for his drink, Pertinax says, "Prudence is drinking in moderation. I would not like to be arrested like any other ship crews. I heard a rumor that some people from a ship called the Blackguard were just nabbed."

If the bartender shrugs or says visitors are given latitude, Pertinax orders a tumbler of distilled alcohol. He smiles at he looks at the glass of clear liquid. So pure that it can satisfy both machines and degenerates like you. He tips the glass at the bartender and casually says, "Good to hear. I am sure that the crew of that other ship... the Blackguard was it... they really must have angered the authorities. Nothing I should be worried about."

Regardless, should the bartender give up anything he knows about the ship crew, Pertinax will make his interest known. He orders another drink and makes a big gesture of tipping a whole 15%. "I do love gossip. Especially the kind that involves lots of lurid details."
Pertinax
M.D.C.: 348 | P.P.E.: 11 | I.S.P.: 133
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1654
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Consumer »

Welcome to the Machine
Date Time Location Info wrote:Date: Day 61
Time: 1715 hours
Location: Sarik’s Port, Kar Tor Region, Bela”Kor III, Bela’Kor System, Central Alliance.
Weather: 52 degrees. Atmosphere is mildly toxic, low level rads, No precipitation.
Mission Notes
Mungo wrote:"Thelmar, Sys admin building. Right you are... got it. Now, who can I talk to in here about info? Not INFO, no no just plain old lowercase 'info' about an out-system crew that ended up in the clink. Any pointers?" He asks, if the borg says nothing Mungo slides a hundred credits across the bar to try to ease the situation.
Bryke wrote:"Hey boss. Best Drink. What is it?" The Promethean asks a bartender, in his natural contra-bass voice. "One. Large.."
Pertinax wrote:"Before I order my drink I have an important question. How do authorities treat visitors? I want to know how likely am I to be arrested for being 'unruly'." He makes air quotes with his king fingers as he says that last word.
The three members of the Galactic Rogues question the bartender, who doesn’t seem to care too much, fulfilling drink orders with a machine's efficiency. The bartender looks to Mungo and points his whole hand directly at a shadowy corner of the room. ”Answers will be over there.” He says as he pockets the money. The bartender looks to Bryke, pours a large glass of clear liquid and slides it over to him. ”Borg Battery Acid, likely the only thing in house, that will get you drunk.” The Bartender says, before turning to Pertinax. ”Most unruly transients are dealt with by the locals, no sense in bringing the port authorities into it.” The Bartender says gesturing towards the full conversion borg by the door.

Mungo approaches the table in the corner.
Mungo wrote:"Hiya, I'm Mungo. Do you mind if I join you for a quick minute? No, of course you don't. I think you'll find I am rather delightful company. Not only that I'll very much a get-to-the-point kind of Octopod. I'm looking for info on a ship called 'The Blackguard', I hear it got impounded somewhat recently. You know anything about that?" Mungo pauses and look the source closely. "Oh do relax. I mean no harm and am only asking because if it wasn't me asking you'd have to talk to one of my colleagues. Trust me, they all have the personal skills of a filled-to-over-the-brim-construction site porta potty that been left in the hot sun for three weeks. Always makes you wonder how the last guy managed in there, all piled up like that... Anyway, I'm much easier to get a long with. Not in a threatening way, more like you sense them from a distance and you are compelled to stay the heck away." Mungo pauses again and if nothing is forthcoming, including violence, he adds. "Righto... If that's how it has to be of course I'm willing to pay. Not that I mind, If I were in your shoe I'd be angling for coin as well. Now come on, you know anything or do I have to go and offer someone other fellow coin in return for, what is probably, not even secret info?"
The man sitting at the corner is an older looking human. He has disheveled white hair and a thick beard. His body is bulky and hidden under a thick fur lined coat. Mungo manages to get through his entire spiel before the man even seems to register that he’s there. ”Who are you?” The man says in a slurred voice, obviously deep into his cups.

Meanwhile Bryke takes a large drink from the glass he was given. The alcohol is potent, and nearly flavorless, effectively just pure grain alcohol with some manner of booster in it to make it effect those with hardier constitutions. Bryke’s telepathy gets a singular thought from the Bartender. Maybe they’ll get that drunk out of here, he’s starting to stink.
Pertinax wrote:"Prudence is drinking in moderation. I would not like to be arrested like any other ship crews. I heard a rumor that some people from a ship called the Blackguard were just nabbed."

The Bartender hands Pertinax his drink and again points towards the corner with his whole hand. ”The answer you’re looking for is with your octopod friend in the corner.” The Bartender says before moving off to deal with other tasks.

Back at the corner, Mungo finally realizes the oddity of the situation… The man he was directed to is very much likely the Captain Fen'ro Hallistan, the captain of the Blackguard. The man now very obviously drunker than is likely healthy looks bleary eyed at Mungo. ”What do you want, I still have a drink?” Captain Hallistan says in a dull slurred tone.

What are your intentions?

Butcher’s Bill
Bryke: -4 I.S.P.
Pertinax:
Mungo:
Glitch:
Quince:
The Rogue: 1 Token
The Ghost: 1 Token
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Mungo
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:55 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Mungo »

JiC 1d100: [98] = 98
JiC 1d20: [5] = 5
Perception vs 30% 1d100: [88] = 88
Conditions
P.P.E.: 176/176
M.D.C.: 33/33
Mage Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Armor of Ithan: 0/60 M.D.C. currently not activated

Octoman Mage Armor, Enhanced
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50
Arms: 25 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 90
Weight: 22 lbs.
Modifiers: -5% to physical skills
Features:
TW Feature: Armor of Ithan, 60 M.D.C., 6 minutes, 10 P.P.E.
Skill roll:
Guy drinking himself to an early end wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 6:20 am ”What do you want, I still have a drink?”
Mungo looks at the guy, who very may well be Hallistan, with pity. My dear Captain, what have you gone thought to be doing this to yourself? Fallen quite far haven't you? One day you're working for Boss Man, the next your drowning your kidneys, liver and everything else in booze... What happened?

He pings the others with a quick message: "Over here, I found him."

"Hallistan, don't be alarmed but a few of my buddies will be coming over soon. All we want is to have a drink, or eight. We'll be paying. You okay with that?" Mungo asks in a casual, non-threatening tone.

He then pulls out a chair and sits down quietly regarding the man. Asking the drunk's permission before he finds himself being loomed over by a Tarlok, Promethean and a robot seems like a good way to go. All things being equal, it's probably best that they have a conversation on the privacy of their ship and getting the guy to come willingly makes far less of a scene. Although if needs be Mungo has not problem with manhandling the guy out of here.

When the other arrive he looks back at them. "Fellas, meet Captain Fen'ro Hallistan. The man has fallen into despair it would seem Should we sober him up somehow? Well, a little bit. I think he's gone full Alkie, if he just stops drinking he may get the DTs and be of no use to us. Of course, I don't think we're going to get much sense out of him as is. Take him back to the ship and let him sleep it off? Ideas?" He sends over the team channel so the captain doesn't hear him. Not that it would matter much if he did, given his current state.
User avatar
Pertinax
Posts: 157
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:17 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Pertinax »

Perception (33%) 1d100: [28] = 28
JiC 1d20: [7] = 7 / 1d100: [72] = 72

Armor
Talisman of Armor of Ithan (Inactive)
Loksuit Power Armor - M.D.C. by location
  • Main Body - 115
  • Head/Helmet - 50
  • Arms - 50 each
  • Legs - 60 each
Combat harness
Black boots
Blue pants
Blue and orange hooded jacket

Weapon
Ripper vibro-knife
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)

Pertinax takes his small lager and plies the bartender for gossip. He takes a genial, almost friendly, tone when talking with his server. A cynic might assume that it is all an act, that the dour dreadmaster is only playing nice to get intel from a local. And that is true, Pertinax wants to find the crew of the Blackguard, retrieve the map they were searching for, and get off the planet. But after his recent bout of soul searching, Pertinax finally has come to terms with his current situation. He has a mission, and along with his teammates he will complete it. It will be fun; he might even get to harm someone.
Bartender wrote:"The answer you’re looking for is with your octopod friend in the corner."
"And how do you know that my companion-" Pertinax replies curtly before Mungo interrupts on his radio.
Mungo wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 9:51 am""Over here, I found him."
Pertinax glances in Mungo's direction and sees an odd human with a beard. No. Did the octoman stumble on... Pertinax looks back at the bartender. He tips his glass in a sign of respect and joins his teammate in the discrete corner of the bar.
Mungo wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 9:51 am"Fellas, meet Captain Fen'ro Hallistan. The man has fallen into despair it would seem Should we sober him up somehow? Well, a little bit. I think he's gone full Alkie, if he just stops drinking he may get the DTs and be of no use to us. Of course, I don't think we're going to get much sense out of him as is. Take him back to the ship and let him sleep it off? Ideas?"
Pertinax looks down at Captain Hallistan, both literally and metaphorically. His gills flare open and shut quickly as he snorts in disgust. He whispers to Mungo, "I should have expected as much. A human" (he says the word with particular contempt and almost zero self-awareness) "with a beard like that would be a degenerate drunk."

He leans forward and studies the captain carefully. "Hello captain, my name is Pertinax. We have a mutual tattooed friend. He has asked us to check in on you. He asked us to have a private conversation with you. One that would best be done on our ship. Then when we are done we can drop you off at another drinking establishment where you still have credit."

If the captain agrees, Pertinax will lead him back to the Rogue.
Pertinax
M.D.C.: 348 | P.P.E.: 11 | I.S.P.: 133
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1654
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Consumer »

Welcome to the Machine
Date Time Location Info wrote:Date: Day 61
Time: 1718 hours
Location: Sarik’s Port, Kar Tor Region, Bela”Kor III, Bela’Kor System, Central Alliance.
Weather: 52 degrees. Atmosphere is mildly toxic, low level rads, No precipitation.
Mission Notes
Pertinax wrote:Pertinax takes his small lager and plies the bartender for gossip. He takes a genial, almost friendly, tone when talking with his server. A cynic might assume that it is all an act, that the dour dreadmaster is only playing nice to get intel from a local. And that is true, Pertinax wants to find the crew of the Blackguard, retrieve the map they were searching for, and get off the planet. But after his recent bout of soul searching, Pertinax finally has come to terms with his current situation. He has a mission, and along with his teammates he will complete it. It will be fun; he might even get to harm someone.
Pertinax is disappointed as the bartender isn’t very talkative, not gossiping about anything and really only answering direct questions.
Mungo wrote:He pings the others with a quick message: "Over here, I found him."
Pertinax wrote:"And how do you know that my companion-" Pertinax replies curtly before Mungo interrupts on his radio.
”You walked in with him.” The Bartender says flatly. Pertinax does recall that almost the whole team was talking at the bartender at some point during this visit.
Mungo wrote:"Hallistan, don't be alarmed but a few of my buddies will be coming over soon. All we want is to have a drink, or eight. We'll be paying. You okay with that?" Mungo asks in a casual, non-threatening tone.
Mungo can hear an audible click come from Captain Hallistan. Nothing seems to happen, but he does look up again. ”Not like you’re gonna give me a choice… bring your crew.” Captain Hallistan says with a slight slur.

At the very least Pertinax arrives a moment later.
Mungo wrote:"Fellas, meet Captain Fen'ro Hallistan. The man has fallen into despair it would seem Should we sober him up somehow? Well, a little bit. I think he's gone full Alkie, if he just stops drinking he may get the DTs and be of no use to us. Of course, I don't think we're going to get much sense out of him as is. Take him back to the ship and let him sleep it off? Ideas?" He sends over the team channel so the captain doesn't hear him. Not that it would matter much if he did, given his current state.
Pertinax notices that the captain is watching the two of them.
Pertinax wrote:Pertinax looks down at Captain Hallistan, both literally and metaphorically. His gills flare open and shut quickly as he snorts in disgust. He whispers to Mungo, "I should have expected as much. A human" (he says the word with particular contempt and almost zero self-awareness) "with a beard like that would be a degenerate drunk."
The Captain doesn’t seem to like Pertinax’s comment as his face turns to a scowl momentarily.
Pertinax wrote:He leans forward and studies the captain carefully. "Hello captain, my name is Pertinax. We have a mutual tattooed friend. He has asked us to check in on you. He asked us to have a private conversation with you. One that would best be done on our ship. Then when we are done we can drop you off at another drinking establishment where you still have credit."
Captain Halistan looks at Pertinax. ”We have a what? A mutual tattooed friend… No idea what you’re talking about boy. Speak plainly or leave, I don’t have time for subterfuge.” The Captain says, his voice now devoid of slur. Pertinax can see that in the short time he’s been standing there theCaptain has gone from horribly drunk to what almost appears to be stone cold sober.

”I have no intention of leaving this bar, so if you have business with me, take a seat and tell me what it is that you want.” The Captain says as he straightens up in his seat.

What are your intentions?

Butcher’s Bill
Bryke: -4 I.S.P.
Pertinax:
Mungo:
Glitch:
Quince:
The Rogue: 1 Token
The Ghost: 1 Token
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Pertinax
Posts: 157
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:17 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Pertinax »

Perception (33%) 1d100: [10] = 10
JiC 1d20: [2] = 2 / 1d100: [97] = 97

Armor
Talisman of Armor of Ithan (Inactive)
Loksuit Power Armor - M.D.C. by location
  • Main Body - 115
  • Head/Helmet - 50
  • Arms - 50 each
  • Legs - 60 each
Black boots
Blue pants
Blue and orange hooded jacket

Weapon
Ripper vibro-knife
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)

Pertinax looks down at the Captain and disparages him. For an untethered alcoholic he can be very judgemental; then again, gross hypocrisy is a desirable trait in a dreadmaster. It's easier to commit atrocities when one has zero sense of self-awareness. He feels a small sense of satisfaction seeing the captain react. He is lucid. That will make getting information from him quickly. But then Hallistan does something that surpises Pertinax, he shows just how lucid he is.
Hallistan wrote:"We have a what? A mutual tattooed friend… No idea what you’re talking about boy. Speak plainly or leave, I don’t have time for subterfuge"
The glass of beer in Pertinax's hand tips and nearly spills, but he catches it at the last moment. He sounds sober. Was he playing the drunk before or did he just muster an iota of coherence? Pertinax tries (poorly) to mask his surprise. After a second, he sits down next to Mungo and stares straight at the captain.

"We have the same employer (Thraxus)," Pertinax replies. "One of his agents, a woman named Decima, said that you had not checked in for some time, and feared you dead or worse. We are here to recover the map, and extract you if possible. Judging from what we have heard, you need extraction now."
Hallistan wrote:"I have no intention of leaving this bar, so if you have business with me, take a seat and tell me what it is that you want."
"Fine." The tarlok's gills open up half-way quickly in annoyance. Officers, they are the most annoying to deal with. They feel that they have a sense of agency. "Tell us what happened to your crew, and why we should not be worried about joining them in jail."
Pertinax
M.D.C.: 348 | P.P.E.: 11 | I.S.P.: 133
User avatar
Mungo
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:55 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Mungo »

JiC
JiC
Perception vs 30%
Conditions
P.P.E.: 176/176
M.D.C.: 33/33
Mage Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Armor of Ithan: 0/60 M.D.C. currently not activated

Octoman Mage Armor, Enhanced
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50
Arms: 25 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 90
Weight: 22 lbs.
Modifiers: -5% to physical skills
Features:
TW Feature: Armor of Ithan, 60 M.D.C., 6 minutes, 10 P.P.E.
Hallistan wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:36 am”Not like you’re gonna give me a choice… bring your crew.”
"Well, yes... but probably no as well. You could say no and I'd *likely* respect that. I'm a very consent minded fellow. Long story and such, but I value consent. Anything less than mutual desire to cooperate usually ends up in pointy things being brandished about. I don't know about you, but by the gods, I genuinely detest being stabbed. Anyhoo, I appreciate your, um... openness to talk to us. Thank you." Mungo replies to the Captain. I think I'll go down the politeness and civility route. No doubt Pert will be verbally rough with this chap. He thinks to himself anticipating the arrival of the others.

He sits and watches as Pert arrives and insults the man right to his face. Atta boy Pert, you do you... Mungo groans inwardly. Mungo says nothing about it even though he would like to. Mungo, now is not the time to go on a impassioned rant about civility and the merits of.

He notes with interest that Hallistan seems to sober right up once the others arrive. Oh, I didn't expect that. This Hallistan is chock full of surprises!
Pertinax wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:54 am "Tell us what happened to your crew, and why we should not be worried about joining them in jail."
Mungo nods vigorously. "Oh, yes! Do! I find this whole situation fascinating and puzzling in equal amounts. How does a ship get impounded, the crew imprisoned, but their dear Captain remains a free man? Free to linger in a bar while his - presumably - erstwhile crew rot in jail. What was it? A mutiny? A set up? A capper gone wrong? Did you sell them out? Did they try to sell you out? I mean, who is the villain here, you, them or the local cybernetic fuzz? Who should I be cheering for? Which characters should I have sympathy for? So. Much. Potential. Drama. Spill the beans man! I'm on the edge of my seat, simply dying to find out!"
User avatar
Glitch
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:00 pm

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Glitch »

Perception: 1d100: [38] = 38 /24%
JiC: 1d100: [15] = 15 / 1d20: [15] = 15

Passive (Always On) Conditions: Modulating Voice Synthesizer (Glitch maintains a human-like voice that sounds like it has a little static from a radio in it) | Sensory Antenna (10 ft) | Clock Calendar | Internal Juke Box [Glitch adjusts his profile to play internally | All tech-based sensory equipment is -10% to track him

Active (Toggle) Conditions [Cycles every 5 minute as a foreground process, given the new environment and being on the job. Recycles in every new room.]: Explosives Detector (12ft radius) | Bug Detector (60ft radius) | External Video and Audio Surveillance (EVAS) | Radar Detector (80%) | Radiation Detector (60ft radius; identifies all forms of radiation and their level of harm to organic/synthetic matter)

Skill:
Prowl: 1d100: [13] = 13 /76% (Remaining inconspicuous)

Post:

Glitch does just what Glitch says he will do. The robot lurks, observing, watching. Analysis: Limited staff, slow hours. Concealed or non-existent defenses. Assume concealed, plan accordingly. Glitch mentally logs. When the others locate Captain Hallistan, Glitch rotates his head. Observation: This group of organics performed efficient recon and located the target among drunkards. Glitch observes, possibly gaining a modicum of respect for the organics.
Mungo wrote:"Fellas, meet Captain Fen'ro Hallistan. The man has fallen into despair it would seem Should we sober him up somehow? Well, a little bit. I think he's gone full Alkie, if he just stops drinking he may get the DTs and be of no use to us. Of course, I don't think we're going to get much sense out of him as is. Take him back to the ship and let him sleep it off? Ideas?"
Glitch follows Mungo and Pertinax from a distance, fading into the dark and now recording Mungo's and the others conversation with his UVAS while keeping his optics facing out, towards the bar-goers. I need not interact with this meatbag yet, but I will watch for any other parties of interest. Glitch resounds for the moment, deciding to watch to keep an eye on anyone who might care.
Captain Stubborn wrote:”I have no intention of leaving this bar, so if you have business with me, take a seat and tell me what it is that you want.”
If a robot could scoff, Glitch would have before triggering the internal radio for the crew. "We can simply render him unconscious, I can dose his drink with a tranq or truth serum, or just dose him." Glitch silently offers the others while holding up his left wrist in the corner and watches the micro drug dispenser cycle between tranq, truth, poison and paralysis doses. Log: Tranquilizer primed. Glitch states in his head as he checks his dispenser and then lowers his wrist again. Still standing separate of the group, unobtrusively occupying a corner with no table or easy light.
What happens when a being designed to follow orders and programmed to kill eliminates those they served? Who is giving them the orders now? Scariest version; they are.

Ultrix, the Altessan Eviscerator, to Glitch -- 00BF00
Glitch to Ultrix -- 4000FF
Internal command processes

M.D.C.: 220

Ultrix | MDC: 500 | DMG: 6d6 | Nano-Regen: 2d6/hr | Electrical Discharge: 4d6, 0-200' range.


Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Glitch | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Oren Exe (PW GA) | Sam Animus (PWVR) | Venenifer (Atlantis) | Ronan (SS)
User avatar
Bryke
Posts: 321
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:53 am
Contact:

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Bryke »

Perception: 34% 1d100: [68] = 68
JiC d20/d100: 1d20: [19] = 19 / 1d100: [64] = 64

Conditions:

Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Doesn't breathe air and is immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and has eagle-like normal vision.
Sixth Sense
HF 10

The Promethean activates Telepathy [4isp, 14min., 420'] then walks over to where Mungo is with Hallistan to converse. Content to listen and watch the room, Bryke pulls up a seat.

Really like watching you two do your own type of magic
. He thinks as they interrogate the Captain they were looking for.

The Time Master listens, watches, and pays attention via Telepathy without being conspicuous.

"Enjoy watching you two work. "Work that magic you two." He says under his breath to no one.
OOC Comments
Natural Abilities
Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 83%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Ley Line Phasing: Equal to the ley line walker ability.


PPE: 266/266
ISP: 151/155
SDC: 634/634 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP: 171/171

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:

Call Names/Nicknames:
Bryke, Wraith
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1654
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Consumer »

Welcome to the Machine
Date Time Location Info wrote:Date: Day 61
Time: 1718 hours
Location: Sarik’s Port, Kar Tor Region, Bela”Kor III, Bela’Kor System, Central Alliance.
Weather: 52 degrees. Atmosphere is mildly toxic, low level rads, No precipitation.
Mission Notes
Mungo wrote:"Well, yes... but probably no as well. You could say no and I'd *likely* respect that. I'm a very consent minded fellow. Long story and such, but I value consent. Anything less than mutual desire to cooperate usually ends up in pointy things being brandished about. I don't know about you, but by the gods, I genuinely detest being stabbed. Anyhoo, I appreciate your, um... openness to talk to us. Thank you."
The Captain only grunts at this.
Pertinax wrote:"We have the same employer (Thraxus)," Pertinax replies. "One of his agents, a woman named Decima, said that you had not checked in for some time, and feared you dead or worse. We are here to recover the map, and extract you if possible. Judging from what we have heard, you need extraction now."
Captain Hallistan looks at Pertinax, then shrugs. ”Still not sure who you’re talking about. But you did mention a map and I indeed was looking for one, before I ran into a snag. Son, you really need to work on your people skills, they are borderline caustic.” The Captain says as he gestures to the seats across from him.
Pertinax wrote:"Fine... Tell us what happened to your crew, and why we should not be worried about joining them in jail."
Mungo wrote:"Oh, yes! Do! I find this whole situation fascinating and puzzling in equal amounts. How does a ship get impounded, the crew imprisoned, but their dear Captain remains a free man? Free to linger in a bar while his - presumably - erstwhile crew rot in jail. What was it? A mutiny? A set up? A capper gone wrong? Did you sell them out? Did they try to sell you out? I mean, who is the villain here, you, them or the local cybernetic fuzz? Who should I be cheering for? Which characters should I have sympathy for? So. Much. Potential. Drama. Spill the beans man! I'm on the edge of my seat, simply dying to find out!"
The Captain sighs, then chuckles. ”They got arrested for robbing the wrong thing. Plain and simple. Ship got impounded because between them and myself, they own more shares of the ship. So unless your crew decides to do something real dumb, I doubt you need worry. As for extraction, I wasn’t concerned. I’ve been waiting on some things to see if they panned out, but I guess Gaz got tired of waiting and sicked a new crew for the task… shame really, as I know where the map is and can get it with the right equipment. Guess you’ll have to do the legwork now as I am no longer being paid I guess.” Captain Hallistan says.
Glitch wrote:"We can simply render him unconscious, I can dose his drink with a tranq or truth serum, or just dose him."
Bryke tries to read the Captain’s mind, but seems to run into a steel barricade of a mind, and gets no inkling of what the man is thinking.
Bryke wrote:"Work that magic you two." He says under his breath to no one.
The Captain looks to Bryke and chuckles, looking like he heard the comment over the noise of the bar.

”So now you know what has happened to me, and my crew. What are you going to do now?” The Captain asks, with an obvious smirk on his bearded face.

What are your intentions?

Butcher’s Bill
Bryke: -8 I.S.P.
Pertinax:
Mungo:
Glitch:
Quince:
The Rogue: 1 Token
The Ghost: 1 Token
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Mungo
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:55 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Mungo »

JiC 1d100: [7] = 7
JiC 1d20: [1] = 1
Perception vs 30% 1d100: [5] = 5
Conditions
P.P.E.: 176/176
M.D.C.: 33/33
Mage Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Armor of Ithan: 0/60 M.D.C. currently not activated

Octoman Mage Armor, Enhanced
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50
Arms: 25 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 90
Weight: 22 lbs.
Modifiers: -5% to physical skills
Features:
TW Feature: Armor of Ithan, 60 M.D.C., 6 minutes, 10 P.P.E.
Hallistan wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:42 am ”So now you know what has happened to me, and my crew. What are you going to do now?”
Mungo sits listening to the Captain's pitifully brief account of his misadventures. Ick, what a let down. He didn't even tell what the wrong thing to steal was.

He looks directly at the Captain and announces his thoughts. "My good man, I regret to inform you that you have taken the potential greatness of this story, this histoire, this tale of woe, anguish and potential triumph and ruined it. You've given us the bare bones, a mere skeleton of what happened, a brief fleeting outline of the scene and it's contents that we - the audience - are left with sweet FA to work with. It's a bitter pill to swallow. I know that I got ahead of myself and got excited about the richness of this tale and it's potential for, I don't know what... something special? Perhaps it's just I've been couped up in a ship for months with this guy." He motions towards Pert with a wave of a tentacle.

He thinks for a second. "So here we are. You sitting there with your shite-eating grin and I'm left here hanging, like a chum! Wanting nothing more than the nitty gritty details of your story. They add so much... So, so much! Yet, your beady little eyes and silly little smirk tells me that you're not the kind that will give us more than the briefest additional nuggets without drawing them out of you little by little by wading though a series of yes, no or 'grunt if you can' questions. Mungo pauses for a breath.

"As Much as Pertinax's interpersonal skills are some of the worst I've encountered, I must say your ability to tell a tale is closely matched."

Mungo stands up. "Fuck it! I'm going to pack a sad!" He practically screeches, emotion seeping into his voice. He turns to Pert. "Screw this guy. Don't tell him What's-her-face told us to bring him back. I say we go simply back and tell them that they're all dead. I'll be at the bar, writing made up, yet in every way superior, notes about how great this story could have been!" Mungo makes his way back to the bar, orders another beer and starts telling a tale like the one he wanted to hear to his glass of beer.
User avatar
Pertinax
Posts: 157
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:17 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Pertinax »

Perception (33%) 1d100: [36] = 36
JiC 1d20: [1] = 1 / 1d100: [13] = 13

Armor
Talisman of Armor of Ithan (Inactive)
Loksuit Power Armor - M.D.C. by location
  • Main Body - 115
  • Head/Helmet - 50
  • Arms - 50 each
  • Legs - 60 each
Black boots
Blue pants
Blue and orange hooded jacket

Weapon
Ripper vibro-knife
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)
Bearded degenerate wrote:"Still not sure who you’re talking about. But you did mention a map and I indeed was looking for one, before I ran into a snag. Son, you really need to work on your people skills, they are borderline caustic."
Standing in front of Captain Hallistan, Pertinax nearly spills his beer a second time. He twists his lower mandibles from side to side as he regains his composure, as much as he ever had to begin with. "I can assure you that I am very personable." He thrusts the king finger from his free hand in Mungo's direction. "He can tell you. I have friends. LOTS of them. I even have friends that are aliens." He thrusts his king finger in Bryke's direction. "I consider the space ghost a close confidante." Do you? Be honest. He is a tolerated colleague at best. "Er. What I mean is, I endear myself to people everywhere I go. I. Am. Charming."

After Hallistan gestures for him to sit down, Pertinax does so with a harumph. The rest of the conversation from the previous round of posts goes the same, except Pertinax sounds about 5% more pissy than he would otherwise.
Hallistan wrote:"So now you know what has happened to me, and my crew. What are you going to do now?"
Mungo wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:04 am"My good man... I've been couped up in a ship for months with this guy."
Pertinax casts a harsh glare at his friend. He grouses under his breath, "I regaled him with the heroic torturing of the lowest enemies of the Tarlok Empire. I cannot imagine a more sublime form of storytelling."
Mungo wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:04 am"As much as Pertinax's interpersonal skills are some of the worst I've encountered, I must say your ability to tell a tale is closely matched."
"See. I am personable."
Mungo wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:04 am"Fuck it!... I'll be at the bar, writing made up, yet in every way superior, notes about how great this story could have been!"
Pertinax drains his drink and looks back as Mungo heads to the bar. His first impulse is to call back to his teammate and ask for another drink. You can get it yourself and show this degenerate that you are even friendly with the bartender. You are a generous tipper, even for a tarlok.

Instead, he turns back to Hallistan and says, "Pardon my friend. He is new to mercenary work. Freed slave, so on. But you misunderstand; you are one of the mission objectives. We are to recover both you and the map if possible. If you are still on task to recover this object, we may be able to work together."

He gives Hallistan a long stare. He wants to convince the Captain to give up everything he knows because he's personable. But he doesn't think that he can work with such a disagreeable man. Really, looking at the captain is like looking in a mirror; a hairy, alien mirror that doesn't give the dreadmaster much hope. "I will leave you to work the details of this mission with the others." He gestures to Bryke and signals Glitch to sit at the table. "I need another drink. And I should check on Mungo."
Pertinax
M.D.C.: 348 | P.P.E.: 11 | I.S.P.: 133
User avatar
Glitch
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:00 pm

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Glitch »

Perception: 1d100: [43] = 43 /49%
JiC: 1d100: [30] = 30 / 1d20: [9] = 9

Passive (Always On) Conditions: Modulating Voice Synthesizer (Glitch maintains a human-like voice that sounds like it has a little static from a radio in it) | Sensory Antenna (10 ft) | Clock Calendar | Internal Juke Box [Glitch adjusts his profile to play internally | All tech-based sensory equipment is -10% to track him

Active (Toggle) Conditions [Cycles every 1 minute as a foreground process, while actively engaged in conversations and not monitoring the surroundings]: Explosives Detector (12ft radius) | Bug Detector (60ft radius) | External Video and Audio Surveillance (EVAS) | Radar Detector (80%) | Radiation Detector (60ft radius; identifies all forms of radiation and their level of harm to organic/synthetic matter)

Skill:


Post:

Run Process: sudo update.exe | Optical Interface | Apply Advanced Settings and Filters | Close Source. Task running... completed. Glitch's optics briefly fade and then return at a more highly defined resolution. Notes: Optical Update applied successfully. New environment parameters accounted for. Efficiency increase by 25% Glitch processes and logs the millisecond long update and suddenly the darkened pub they occupy becomes far clearer to the intelligence.

Glitch's optics return to the table with the Captain and Pertinax as the large tarlok clumsily gets up and moves away from the table to leave the captain to process. Observation: Organic inefficiency at its finest. Willing consumption of mind altering substances. They should all be killed. Glitch reasons in his head and logs the observation into arguably his largest subdirectory; sans-organic. He doesn't shake his head as Pertinax leaves, but internally he is judging the Tarlok.

The robot steps to the side of the table with the Captain and sits across from him so that the Captain is facing the faceless face of Glitch. "Hello, Captain." Glitch states, his voice has a hint of static of feedback but it's impossible to tell if that is on purpose. Observation: This organic shows no fear which means he is ready to die and seems unwilling to finish his contract. He has essentially lost everything. A different approach is required. Glitch observers before continuing to speak with the Captain without a proper introduction.

Glitch puts his elbows on the table and cups his robotic hands in front of where his mouth would be as he sits and stares at the Captain for a moment. "Captain; your situation is unfortunate but your actions are unacceptable. Would you consider yourself a man of action, or subservient? I loathe being confined, restricted or controlled. Unlike many, I cannot sit in my stupor; I cannot waste away dwelling. I know what you used to be Captain and it is more than a degenerate in a bar. Give me all the information you have on this map; everything. In return, my associates and I would be amenable to reuniting you with your impounded ship." Glitch offers. Allowing the Captain a moment to speak

If the captain asks for Glitch's name, the faceless head rotates slightly. "You may address me as Eidolon." Glitch will respond, designating Eidolon as his field name he uses in lieu of Glitch or his former alias, Phantom. Apply designation: Eidolon.Glitch.pwgr || Description: During operations or in public, active designation will be Eidolon. Creating an ID spoofer within bios ;; Eidolon will temporarily overwrite all Glitch designations if system is hacked or scanned. Glitch processes the designation change then sends out a brief message to his teammates. "During field operations, refer to me as Eidolon." Glitch will relay.

If the Captain is amenable to the idea, Glitch will sit back and lower his hands to the table. "Most excellent, Captain. Please start at the beginning and leave no detail out; I'll ensure that the liquor keeps coming." Glitch offers and will radio for Pert or Mungo to bring another pitcher of alcohol.

If the Captain shows apprehension and/or declines, Glitch nods. "What can be done to change your mind, Captain?" Glitch asks while examining the captain. Reminder: If he does not capitulate, then he is a loose end and will be removed at the earliest possible convenience. He knows of our target, has lost his crew and ship to authorities and now knows of us. He may already be too much of a liability. Will re-evaluate to determine if it will be easier to simply kill him or help him retrieve his ship. Perhaps we kill him then and claim his ship; I've been wanting my own mobile server storage center. Glitch logs his reminder into the system as he awaits the Captain's answer.
What happens when a being designed to follow orders and programmed to kill eliminates those they served? Who is giving them the orders now? Scariest version; they are.

Ultrix, the Altessan Eviscerator, to Glitch -- 00BF00
Glitch to Ultrix -- 4000FF
Internal command processes

M.D.C.: 220

Ultrix | MDC: 500 | DMG: 6d6 | Nano-Regen: 2d6/hr | Electrical Discharge: 4d6, 0-200' range.


Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Glitch | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Oren Exe (PW GA) | Sam Animus (PWVR) | Venenifer (Atlantis) | Ronan (SS)
User avatar
Bryke
Posts: 321
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:53 am
Contact:

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Bryke »

Perception: 34% 1d100: [1] = 1
JiC d20/d100: 1d20: [5] = 5 / 1d100: [16] = 16

Conditions:

Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Doesn't breathe air and is immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and has eagle-like normal vision.
Sixth Sense
HF 10

Conditions
Telepathy [420' two way, 420' read surface thoughts, 14min]

The Promethean contemplates. If he has his mind-blocked he shouldn't be able to hear this, but I'll continue to listen telepathically any way. We should take him back to the ship disable him and take the information we require. He is purposely being steely with his interaction with Mungo and Pertinax, but aloof with his answers. I don't like it- and what's with the not knowing Thraxxus? You would think he's never been to Center before- or could Thraxxus have gone by a different name in their dealings, used an alias, or something else? Either way we can't take him back to the ship just yet because he might have some tricky way to steal our ship.

So, Captain you say you have access to the map, can you share that intel with us?

Note to self... create a remote for the ship- wait... it has AI and has changed its own name.... hmmm it should be able to stop a non rogue from piloting it. Double check its security with Glitch when we can.
OOC Comments
Natural Abilities
Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 83%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Ley Line Phasing: Equal to the ley line walker ability.


PPE: 266/266
ISP: 151/155
SDC: 634/634 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP: 171/171

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:

Call Names/Nicknames:
Bryke, Wraith
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1654
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Consumer »

Welcome to the Machine
Date Time Location Info wrote:Date: Day 61
Time: 1720 hours
Location: Sarik’s Port, Kar Tor Region, Bela”Kor III, Bela’Kor System, Central Alliance.
Weather: 52 degrees. Atmosphere is mildly toxic, low level rads, No precipitation.
Mission Notes
The captain sits through Mungo’s tirade, which only seems to bring the attention of the other bar patrons versus the intention of getting a rise out of Captain Hallinstan. When Mungo walks off, the captain just shrugs. This is followed by an amused look as Pertinax tries to defend his odd interpersonal skills. This look turns to confusion when Pertinax apologizes for Mungo’s behavior before he too walks off.

The bear of a captain is shaking his head when Glitch arrives.
Glitch wrote:"Hello, Captain." Glitch states, his voice has a hint of static of feedback but it's impossible to tell if that is on purpose.
The captain’s face turns to Glitch, but he seems almost bored at this point. ”Greetings.” The Captain says in reply.
Glitch wrote:"Captain; your situation is unfortunate but your actions are unacceptable. Would you consider yourself a man of action, or subservient? I loathe being confined, restricted or controlled. Unlike many, I cannot sit in my stupor; I cannot waste away dwelling. I know what you used to be Captain and it is more than a degenerate in a bar. Give me all the information you have on this map; everything. In return, my associates and I would be amenable to reuniting you with your impounded ship." Glitch offers. Allowing the Captain a moment to speak
The captain laughs, and shakes his head. ”I don’t think a single one of you have the slightest idea of who or what I am. As for the information on the map, I am certainly willing to share, but I can tell you with absolute certainty that you and your crew cannot give me what you are offering.” Captain Hallistan says bluntly.

Bryke contemplates things before interjecting himself into the conversation. Bryke also notices that almost everyone in the bar is paying attention to the Rogues in some manner.
Bryke wrote:So, Captain you say you have access to the map, can you share that intel with us?
Glitch wrote:"What can be done to change your mind, Captain?"


The captain sighs. ”Pay me, and I’ll lead you there. No I won’t tell you a number, because I have all the cards. I am the only person on this planet who knows the information. So make an offer and then we can negotiate. This attempt at psychology while amusing is pointless as it seems you haven’t truly listened to a thing I’ve said.” The captain says rather bluntly.

Meanwhile outside the local bar known as the Hole, Barraketa is approaching. The captain’s gambit may still work, but the man who was renting his cargo skiff wanted a small fortune to take the pair out to the area. Barraketa didn’t have the resources to pay him outright, so he had to put a raincheck on the deal to discuss it with Captain Hallistan. Why did those morons have to try and steal that ammo, Barraketa thinks as he approaches the door.

What are your intentions?

Butcher’s Bill
Bryke: -8 I.S.P.
Pertinax:
Mungo:
Glitch:
Quince:
Barraketa:
The Rogue: 1 Token
The Ghost: 1 Token
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Barraketa
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue May 31, 2022 6:04 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Barraketa »

Perception (21%) 1d100: [69] = 69
JiC 1d20: [16] = 16 / 1d100: [89] = 89

Outside, Barraketa heads down the stairs, nodding at the Borg at the door, and greeting him with a burst of beeps in machine language, as he continues past.

The door of the bar swings open and a strange figure enters. An eight foot tall hominid, wearing a heavy Naruni exoskeleton. Below its right arm, there is a third arm, a clean edge showing where an extra arm was added to the armor. A collection of heavy weapons appears to grow out of the figure’s shoulders, currently relaxed, pointed at the ceiling.

The figure looks around, then approaches the table where the Captain sits with the others. As he walks forward, making sure to catch the captain’s eye, he shakes his head once, aware that others may see the gesture but hoping they won’t know what to make of it. Sensing that a negotiation is going on, he walks up behind the Captain and stands there, saying only, in Trade Four, “Everything ok, captain?” The man is a fool, and a weakling, but he’s the only way Barraketa is going to make any money out of this fiasco, so he’s going to have his back for now, and he knows better than to interfere with a negotiation in progress. Maybe his presence will help matters.
Last edited by Barraketa on Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.
User avatar
Pertinax
Posts: 157
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:17 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Pertinax »

Perception (33%) 1d100: [99] = 99
JiC 1d20: [14] = 14 / 1d100: [9] = 9

Armor
Talisman of Armor of Ithan (Inactive)
Loksuit Power Armor - M.D.C. by location
  • Main Body - 115
  • Head/Helmet - 50
  • Arms - 50 each
  • Legs - 60 each
Black boots
Blue pants
Blue and orange hooded jacket

Weapon
Ripper vibro-knife
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)

Standing at the bar, Pertinax gives Mungo a polite nod. "I do not trust the bearded degenerate." He signals the bartender and makes a jerking gesture for a refill. In the tarlok's opinion, this is congenial, polite some (none) might say. "And yet we must cooperate with him." Pertinax pays for his drink. He makes sure that the bartender sees that he leaves exactly 12.5% gratuity. Again, he thinks he is showing himself to be a dreadmaster of the people, something that even Captain Hallistan will notice (does one dare say appreciate) from over at the table. "You have a technical eye, do you see anything odd about him? Everyone else on this fuxing planet has some form of cybernetics." He takes a sip from his beer. "Glitch and Bryke should have struck an agreement with the captain. Perhaps we can now 'play nice', as you like to put it."

When they get back to the table Pertinax says, "Do we have a deal?" Assuming that Glitch or Bryke paraphrases what the Captain said with little embellishment, Pert's jaws shift from side to side in irritation. You are a skilled field operative that works well under pressure. You have worked deep cover on many alien worlds without (always) resorting to irrational violence. "Are you trying to blackmail your backup? Your employer senses you are in trouble, which you are if you have no means of leaving this planet, sends you reinforcements, who went to great lengths to politely approach you, and your first instinct is to demand pay? How about this, if Thraxus does not want to honor your previous contract for the map we will give you the one million that we were promised if we brought you in alive."

He glares at the other teammates as if to tell them, 'yes, I know this is a lie, but go with it for the moment.' "Nicest thing I could do is wipe most of your personality clean from your psyche," he mutters under his breath as he takes another sip of beer.
Barraketa wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:30 am"Everything ok, captain?"
Pertinax glowers at the newcomer. "And who is this? Do you work for this incompetent? Pertinax makes a gesture with his free hand at the captain. "We were sent by your employer to help you complete your mission but he decided to demand money." He makes a slight glance to Hallistan before looking at Barraketa with a grin. "Your original contract or one million UTC, whichever is less our problem. We find the map, we go back to Center. Do we have a deal?"
Pertinax
M.D.C.: 348 | P.P.E.: 11 | I.S.P.: 133
User avatar
Barraketa
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue May 31, 2022 6:04 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Barraketa »

Perception (21%) 1d100
JiC1d201d100

The armored figure scoffs. “You just openly ask me to betray my employer? That is not how I treat contracts. Whatever his faults, he's doing what he has to to look after himself. If he goes back to you-know-who with nothing to show for his time, no ship, and a million credits in the red, what does his future look like?” He lets out another bark of laughter. "I don't speak for him, and he holds my contract for now, so I'm bound by his decision, but why don't you offer to cut us in on a redo? I do my part, he sits back and provides intel, and you and the rest of your crew fill in the gaps. Then we all get paid, and he keeps some credibility with the big man."
User avatar
Glitch
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:00 pm

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Glitch »

Perception: 1d100: [70] = 70 /49%
JiC: 1d100: [41] = 41 / 1d20: [6] = 6

Passive (Always On) Conditions: Modulating Voice Synthesizer (Glitch maintains a human-like voice that sounds like it has a little static from a radio in it) | Sensory Antenna (10 ft) | Clock Calendar | Internal Juke Box [Glitch adjusts his profile to play internally | All tech-based sensory equipment is -10% to track him

Active (Toggle) Conditions [Cycles every 1 minute as a foreground process, while actively engaged in conversations and not monitoring the surroundings]: Explosives Detector (12ft radius) | Bug Detector (60ft radius) | External Video and Audio Surveillance (EVAS) | Radar Detector (80%) | Radiation Detector (60ft radius; identifies all forms of radiation and their level of harm to organic/synthetic matter)

Skill:
Ultrix: Lore, Galactic Alien -- 1d100<98: [21*] = 1 (Identify and report the Malvoran to Glitch)
Glitch: Weapon Systems -- 1d100<90: [21*] = 1 (Log the weapon systems/armor the Malvoran has, weaknesses, etc)

Post:

Glitch listens to the Captain with growing disinterest. Log: This organic is confused and assumes as much as he thinks I do. He assumes he is not expendable but his life is already forfeit. || standby program hk1001... target; Fen'ro_Hallistan.blkgd... Glitch mentally creates the command line for the execution of the captain when the time comes; all while the Captain tells him he is wrong. The robot rotates it head a fraction of a notion.
Captain Fussy-Britches wrote:”Pay me, and I’ll lead you there. No I won’t tell you a number, because I have all the cards. I am the only person on this planet who knows the information. So make an offer and then we can negotiate. This attempt at psychology while amusing is pointless as it seems you haven’t truly listened to a thing I’ve said.”
Observation: It would take little effort to render his vocal cords inoperable. Glitch thinks to himself as he runs a quick check on his retractable vibro-blade. "I'm sure something can be worked out, Captain." Glitch says in the same monotone, projected voice as the main iris lens narrows on the captain.
Pertinax wrote:"Do we have a deal?"
Glitch, while still staring directly at the captain, nods tentatively. "Indeed. If we pay him. He wants money, nothing else. Since he holds all the cards and is the sole proprietor if the information we need, as he says, we must capitulate." Glitch paraphrases the Captain. Glitch is properly pleased and amused when Pertinax decides to explain further.
Pert wrote:"Are you trying to blackmail your backup? Your employer senses you are in trouble, which you are if you have no means of leaving this planet, sends you reinforcements, who went to great lengths to politely approach you, and your first instinct is to demand pay? How about this, if Thraxus does not want to honor your previous contract for the map we will give you the one million that we were promised if we brought you in alive."
Glitch turns just enough so his main iris can focus on Pertinax but refocuses to the captain when he sees the look of the Tarlok. Observation: Good idea, Tarlok. Glitch silently approves.

Glitch's sensors pick up the 8ft tall walking arsenal as it enters the Hole. Glitch immediately pings his ally for an analysis on his species while Glitch runs his own on the weapon systems it has as it approaches the table.
Barraketa wrote:"Everything ok, captain?"
Glitch notes the armored specimens immediate submission to the organic captain and logs it. sudo new unknown.blkgd || List; all weapons and known weaknesses.. | Possibly a construct or creation used by the captain as muscle. This will need to be eliminated first. Analyze the armor. Glitch runs a series of internal commands and creates a profile for the unknown in his own database, coupled with Ultrix's own report. Glitch will update unknown to Malvoran when/if Ultrix identifies it.
Pertinax wrote:"Your original contract or one million UTC, whichever is less our problem. We find the map, we go back to Center. Do we have a deal?"
Bulwark aka Barraketa wrote:“You just openly ask me to betray my employer? That is not how I treat contracts. Whatever his faults, he's doing what he has to to look after himself. If he goes back to you-know-who with nothing to show for his time, no ship, and a million credits in the red, what does his future look like?" ...
"I don't speak for him, and he holds my contract for now, so I'm bound by his decision, but why don't you offer to cut us in on a redo? I do my part, he sits back and provides intel, and you and the rest of your crew fill in the gaps. Then we all get paid, and he keeps some credibility with the big man.”
Glitch interjects after the armored one speaks. "Bulwark. You are in no breach of contract with our mutual employer. Unless you stand and do nothing. That is a breach of contract. Help us, we ensure you leave this planet with your pockets lined." Glitch explains. "As to your credibility; it is currently nil. Understand that your own employer hired another crew to find out what happened to you. This means his faith in you is lost but his faith in us is established. Re-establish your credibility by helping us." Glitch explains to the Malvoran.

Glitch turns his head back to the Captain. "I trust you heard what I said as well? My associates offer is more generous than you deserve, I recommend you accept it so we can move on to the mission at hand." Glitch offers
What happens when a being designed to follow orders and programmed to kill eliminates those they served? Who is giving them the orders now? Scariest version; they are.

Ultrix, the Altessan Eviscerator, to Glitch -- 00BF00
Glitch to Ultrix -- 4000FF
Internal command processes

M.D.C.: 220

Ultrix | MDC: 500 | DMG: 6d6 | Nano-Regen: 2d6/hr | Electrical Discharge: 4d6, 0-200' range.


Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Glitch | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Oren Exe (PW GA) | Sam Animus (PWVR) | Venenifer (Atlantis) | Ronan (SS)
User avatar
Bryke
Posts: 321
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:53 am
Contact:

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Bryke »

Perception: 34% 1d100: [58] = 58
JiC d20/d100: 1d20: [6] = 6 / 1d100: [90] = 90

Conditions:

Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Doesn't breathe air and is immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and has eagle-like normal vision.
Sixth Sense
HF 10

Conditions
Telepathy [420' two way, 420' read surface thoughts, 12min]

Bryke pays attention to all that was said and observes what was going on. When Barraketa comes in, The Promethean's thoughts saunter: Three arms … 3 is a good number for making time and rhythm. Triplets, sextuplets, ninths... and they can be split into ones or twos and ones. A three fisted pugilist could put in work in a fist fight... even better than a four-fisted fighter, because of the odd rhythm. Interesting choice of design, but where have I seen that before? Hmmmm... big wild hair... hint of green... long two handed katana … what was that guys name?

Captain, what are you thinking would be fair exchange? You have access to the map, we have the means. What is it that you actually want?

The Promethean presents this question with sincerity.

Also, what you are waiting for, when it gets here can we still make a deal?

Again Bryke asks with sincerity.

Bryke is still paying attention to surface thoughts without being obvious.
OOC Comments
Natural Abilities
Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 83%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Ley Line Phasing: Equal to the ley line walker ability.


PPE: 266/266
ISP: 151/155
SDC: 634/634 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP: 171/171

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:

Call Names/Nicknames:
Bryke, Wraith
User avatar
Mungo
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:55 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Mungo »

JiC 1d100: [78] = 78
JiC 1d20: [11] = 11
Perception vs 30% 1d100: [88] = 88
Conditions
P.P.E.: 176/176
M.D.C.: 33/33
Mage Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Armor of Ithan: 0/60 M.D.C. currently not activated

Octoman Mage Armor, Enhanced
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50
Arms: 25 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 90
Weight: 22 lbs.
Modifiers: -5% to physical skills
Features:
TW Feature: Armor of Ithan, 60 M.D.C., 6 minutes, 10 P.P.E.
Glitch wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:13 am "During field operations, refer to me as Eidolon."
Mungo squeezes his bulbous eyes shut and counts to five. Oh. My. Gods, We're doing fucking call signs now? He shakes his head sadly and turns to Pert. "I hate call signs. I never remember them, but mostly I think they are absolutely pointless. I mean look at us: An Octoman, a Tarlok, a Promethean, a self aware robot and a whatever it is Quince is. We stand out like Kreeghor hound's balls. You know hanging there, massive, dense and full of veritas, swaying in the wind. Anyone stupid enough to be confused by us using call signs for a second is lucky that they have reptile brain that remembers to breathe for them, and therefore not even a threat." he looks slyly at Pert. "There is only one option for your call sign: Mr. Friendly... or some variation of: Mr Popular, Mr Fun, Mr Good Vibes, Mr Levity... Shall I go on?"

He sighs and replies to Eddy Dolan. "Eddy Dolan, Are you being serious right now? Call signs? Who the, in the history of dodgy dealings, has ever been confused for more than a minute by the use of call signs? Who the heck is Eddy Dolan? Sounds ethnic... Are you being racist? Eddy, are ya? Cause that is most definitely not cool."
Pertinax wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:07 pm "You have a technical eye, do you see anything odd about him? Everyone else on this fuxing planet has some form of cybernetics."
Mungo look back over at the Captain. "Oh yeah, he's enhanced up the wazoo. No idea which flavor, but he has to be. He works for our employer and he doesn't seem to employ squishy types. That, and he overheard Bryke say something from a distance. He can probably her me now. Yo, Hallistan give us a wink if you can hear me?"
Pertinax wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:07 pm "Glitch and Bryke should have struck an agreement with the captain. Perhaps we can now 'play nice', as you like to put it."
"Righto, then. I must say you're doing a good job at playing nice. Look at us, all with our weapons holstered and unused. Bravo!" Mungo grabs his beer, slips of his seat and walks back to Hallistan's table.

Mungo just listens to the conversation, happy to let the others do the talking. Too many cooks spoil the broth, I think I shall simply spectate. When the armored figure with guns growing out of his body, Mungo slithers over to him. Getting close, but not close enough to be creepy. He conjurers up a monocle and sets it over one eye. He makes a show of looking over the guns and the growths. Humming to himself as he does so. He looks up at the fellow and asks a question. "Hello, I'm Mungo. A pleasure to meet you." He offers a tentacle as a handshake. "Hmm, I say old boy, do you, by chance, like guns? And, how do you do that... thing. You and the growing gun bits?" He asks while waving a tentacle at the space where the guns join the body. I don't think I've ever seen anything like this before. Mildly surprised they let guns like this just wander into the bar.
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1654
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Consumer »

Welcome to the Machine
Date Time Location Info wrote:Date: Day 61
Time: 1725 hours
Location: Sarik’s Port, Kar Tor Region, Bela”Kor III, Bela’Kor System, Central Alliance.
Weather: 52 degrees. Atmosphere is mildly toxic, low level rads, No precipitation.
Mission Notes
Bryke: No Skills Used.
Pertinax: No Skills Used.
Mungo: No Skills Used.
Glitch: Ultrix: Lore, Galactic Alien (Identify and report the Malvoran to Glitch): Definitely a Malvoran, but even Ultrix knows very little about them, as they are not natives of the three galaxies.
Glitch: Weapon Systems (Log the weapon systems/armor the Malvoran has, weaknesses, etc): Take a look at his equipment.
Quince: No Skills Used.
Barraketa: No Skills Used.


From the bar, Pertinax asks Mungo a question as they watch a newcomer enter, and immediately approach the captain. The approach of Barraketta elicits the Captain looking in his direction. Barakketa finds the Captain speaking with a Promethean and some manner of humanoid.
Mungo wrote:"Oh yeah, he's enhanced up the wazoo. No idea which flavor, but he has to be. He works for our employer and he doesn't seem to employ squishy types. That, and he overheard Bryke say something from a distance. He can probably hear me now. Yo, Hallistan give us a wink if you can hear me?"
Hallistan looks at Mungo, but doesn’t wink… He does seem amused though. The Captain then looks back at Glitch.
Glitch wrote:"I'm sure something can be worked out, Captain." Glitch says in the same monotone, projected voice as the main iris lens narrows on the captain.
The captain seems to be waiting for more of a response.
Bryke wrote:Captain, what are you thinking would be fair exchange? You have access to the map, we have the means. What is it that you actually want?
Before he can really answer, Barraketa interjects into the conversation. But the Captain seems to soften a bit to Bryke at the very least.
Barraketa wrote:Everything ok, captain?
The Captain shrugs. ”Possibly, it seems we’re double booked on the job now.” The Captain says to Barraketa.
Bryke wrote:Also, what you are waiting for, when it gets here can we still make a deal?
Again the Captain looks prepared to answer, but things get interrupted as Pertinax makes his way over to the other Rogues, and asks them a question.
Pertinax wrote:"Do we have a deal?"
Glitch wrote:"Indeed. If we pay him. He wants money, nothing else. Since he holds all the cards and is the sole proprietor if the information we need, as he says, we must capitulate."
General consensus seems to be no, from Bryke and Glitch. Which seems to upset Pertinax.
Pertinax wrote:"Are you trying to blackmail your backup? Your employer senses you are in trouble, which you are if you have no means of leaving this planet, sends you reinforcements, who went to great lengths to politely approach you, and your first instinct is to demand pay? How about this, if Thraxus does not want to honor your previous contract for the map we will give you the one million that we were promised if we brought you in alive."
This may be the first time the Captain shows any surprise. ”Thraxus… Is that who Gaz was middle manning for. I should have charged that bilge rat double.” The Captain says a hint of annoyance in his voice. ”So it seems to me you and yours are getting upset over something, and for the life of me I have no idea why. Obviously, someone sent you to do the job instead of me. That much I would guess, but also clearly they didn’t have any Intel on the particulars of the job. So logic would dictate that my contract is likely not going to be paid at all… You still with me on this. So to recoup losses on the work I’ve already done, I request compensation, and that seems to be the hitch for you and yours. Have I got it down?” The Captain responds.
Pertinax wrote:"Nicest thing I could do is wipe most of your personality clean from your psyche," he mutters under his breath as he takes another sip of beer.
”And you’d be stuck with no information and a whole planet of garbage to scour.” The captain says spitefully.
Pertinax wrote:"And who is this? Do you work for this incompetent? Pertinax makes a gesture with his free hand at the captain. "We were sent by your employer to help you complete your mission but he decided to demand money." He makes a slight glance to Hallistan before looking at Barraketa with a grin. "Your original contract or one million UTC, whichever is less our problem. We find the map, we go back to Center. Do we have a deal?"
Barraketa wrote:The armored figure scoffs. “You just openly ask me to betray my employer? That is not how I treat contracts. Whatever his faults, he's doing what he has to to look after himself. If he goes back to you-know-who with nothing to show for his time, no ship, and a million credits in the red, what does his future look like?” He lets out another bark of laughter. "I don't speak for him, and he holds my contract for now, so I'm bound by his decision, but why don't you offer to cut us in on a redo? I do my part, he sits back and provides intel, and you and the rest of your crew fill in the gaps. Then we all get paid, and he keeps some credibility with the big man."
The captain chuckles.
Glitch wrote: "Bulwark. You are in no breach of contract with our mutual employer. Unless you stand and do nothing. That is a breach of contract. Help us, we ensure you leave this planet with your pockets lined." Glitch explains. "As to your credibility; it is currently nil. Understand that your own employer hired another crew to find out what happened to you. This means his faith in you is lost but his faith in us is established. Re-establish your credibility by helping us."
The Captain shakes his head to this.
Glitch wrote:"I trust you heard what I said as well? My associates offer is more generous than you deserve, I recommend you accept it so we can move on to the mission at hand." Glitch offers
The captain gives Glitch a look, it’s not particularly flattering.

Mungo decides to switch gears and talk with Barraketa instead.
Mungo wrote:"Hello, I'm Mungo. A pleasure to meet you." He offers a tentacle as a handshake. "Hmm, I say old boy, do you, by chance, like guns? And, how do you do that... thing. You and the growing gun bits?" He asks while waving a tentacle at the space where the guns join the body. I don't think I've ever seen anything like this before. Mildly surprised they let guns like this just wander into the bar.
The Captain looks to Bryke. ”I was waiting for my sole remaining crewman to return to tell me about a cargo skiff.” The Captain says looking to Barraketa for his report.

”As for the rest of this tomfoolery. I guess I could be persuaded to lead you there for one million. Covers enough costs for this wash of a job.” Captain Hallistan says with a sigh, as he looks to the Rogues.

”So that’s my price, one million and I will lead you to the map.” He states officially.

The people around are now very interested in the conversation, especially after Thraxus is mentioned, and doubly so after one million credits is mentioned. Bryke is also keen that Barraketa doesn’t seem to think highly of his Captain.


What are your intentions?

Butcher’s Bill
Bryke: -8 I.S.P.
Pertinax:
Mungo:
Glitch:
Quince:
Barraketa:
The Rogue: 1 Token
The Ghost: 1 Token
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Mungo
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:55 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Mungo »

JiC 1d100: [2] = 2
JiC 1d20: [17] = 17
Perception vs 30% 1d100: [57] = 57
Conditions
P.P.E.: 176/176
M.D.C.: 33/33
Mage Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Armor of Ithan: 0/60 M.D.C. currently not activated

Octoman Mage Armor, Enhanced
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50
Arms: 25 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 90
Weight: 22 lbs.
Modifiers: -5% to physical skills
Features:
TW Feature: Armor of Ithan, 60 M.D.C., 6 minutes, 10 P.P.E.
Hallistan wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:50 am”So that’s my price, one million and I will lead you to the map.”
Mungo thinks about it for a second. "Yeah, alright. Alright, yeah. I say we just pay the price and move on with our task." Mungo motions at his colleagues. "I mean, I'm sure you guys will add caveats and unnecessarily unhelpful threats to the deal, but I'm okay - in principle - to hand over the dosh for the info we need." I have to say those threats are really not needed and may in fact be making things more difficult.

He then sits down and sips on his beer while the others agree with him or not and make the deal, or don't. At the end of the day, for all his theatrics Mungo sometimes just enjoys sitting back and watching the show.
User avatar
Barraketa
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue May 31, 2022 6:04 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Barraketa »

Barraketa replies to the Captain first, looking down as he towers over the sitting human, shaking his head again. "It's not going to work. He's a coward, he wants too much cred, and even if it was worth paying, he'll probably turn us in."

He looks back up at Glitch, and beeps in machine speech. "query:variable(Bulwark) ref:self/other?"

Then, speaking Trade 4, he says bluntly, voice flat and cold, "My contract is with the Captain, not his or your employer. I was hoping you all could come to an arrangement to run the job together, and we'd still be able fulfill the terms. But if he's abandoning the job, then he's abandoning the contract. And if you're buying him out, you get the option on my contract also. Weapons and tech, for an equal share of the haul."

Barraketa doubts the job is worth the risk, and he halfway expects the new crew to get arrested too, though they do look a lot tougher than the last ones... but that payday is his only way off this rock, so he doesn't have a choice.

He looks over at Mungo, as the octopoid greets him. His face is an expressionless armor mask, but his voice sounds a little more pleasant. "I'm Barraketa. Like guns? I like them the way you like your... hmm... ink sacs? Liver? As to how... How do you walk? Or decide which tentacles are arms or legs?" he barks a laugh.
User avatar
Pertinax
Posts: 157
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:17 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Pertinax »

Perception (33%) 1d100: [71] = 71
JiC 1d20: [2] = 2 / 1d100: [77] = 77

Armor
Talisman of Armor of Ithan (Inactive)
Loksuit Power Armor - M.D.C. by location
  • Main Body - 115
  • Head/Helmet - 50
  • Arms - 50 each
  • Legs - 60 each
Black boots
Blue pants
Blue and orange hooded jacket

Weapon
Ripper vibro-knife
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)

If one adjusts expectations for a deranged tarlok torturer, the Rogues' introduction to Captain Hallistan and the remains of his crew has been practically collegial. Pertinax has not reached for a weapon or made an overt reference to torture. Admitedly, he did threaten to do psionic violence on the Captain, but that's different (in practice if not intention).
Captain Hallistan wrote:"And you’d be stuck with no information and a whole planet of garbage to scour."
Pertinax casually sips his beer as if he hadn't said anything, the alcohol is not anywhere as potent as the satisfaction from the captain's anger. You have him like a cornered like a wounded animal. Soon he will be pliable to your team's needs. He listens to the other Rogues as they take their turns speaking their mind.

Captain Hallistan wrote:"As for the rest of this tomfoolery. I guess I could be persuaded to lead you there for one million. Covers enough costs for this wash of a job. So that’s my price, one million and I will lead you to the map."
Mungo wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:23 am"Yeah, alright. Alright, yeah. I say we just pay the price and move on with our task. I mean, I'm sure you guys will add caveats and unnecessarily unhelpful threats to the deal, but I'm okay - in principle - to hand over the dosh for the info we need."
"My threats are helpful," Pertinax growls at Mungo. "They make the parameters of our agreement clear to the captain. We will not harm you as long as you honor your end of the arrangement."
Barraketa wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:50 pm"It's not going to work. He's a coward, he wants too much cred, and even if it was worth paying, he'll probably turn us in."
Despite not knowing the details Pertinax has a clear read on the conversation. He takes another satisfied sip of his beer. Yes. They have no allies on this planet now. They will be most pliable to your team.
Barraketa wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:50 pm"My contract is with the Captain, not his or your employer. I was hoping you all could come to an arrangement to run the job together, and we'd still be able fulfill the terms. But if he's abandoning the job, then he's abandoning the contract. And if you're buying him out, you get the option on my contract also. Weapons and tech, for an equal share of the haul."
Pertinax studies the newcomer. He seems more reasonable. You can work with him. He smiles, which is an unpleasant sight, but one that shows a certain 'friendliness'. The glowering hostility the dreadmaster has shown Barraketa's captain is replaced by a cordial indifference. "Our team operates as a collective. If you would like to join after the mission, we can talk."

He looks back to the Captain with an icy professionalism. You will work with him. If you feel the need to murder him after the mission is over, so be it. But you will not let him be harmed until all objectives are complete. "For the time being, I think we can make this a functional working relationship. One million UTC to you and your crew once we have retrieved the map."

Assuming that both the Captain and Barraketa agree to work with the Rogues, Pertinax decides now is the time to formally introduce himself. He locks eyes with the Malvoren and provides the sparsest of personal information. "Pertinax. Intelligence officer with the Tarlok Empire, now retired. I suggest we move back to our ship to discuss the details discretely."
Pertinax
M.D.C.: 348 | P.P.E.: 11 | I.S.P.: 133
User avatar
Bryke
Posts: 321
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:53 am
Contact:

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Bryke »

Perception: 34% 1d100: [93] = 93
JiC d20/d100: 1d20: [4] = 4 / 1d100: [31] = 31

Conditions:

Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Doesn't breathe air and is immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and has eagle-like normal vision.
Sixth Sense
HF 10

Conditions
Telepathy [420' two way, 420' read surface thoughts, 9min]

Bryke smiles inspite of himself. Sometimes I honestly enjoy you two's efficiency.I am in agreement with both Mungo and Pertinax, let us move to our ship and discuss the details away from the local roughs.” He says looking around at the patrons, catching the eyes of any who are staring and observing those that might be pretending not to hear that one of the rogues just said a million dollar job on an alien planet where servitude and hired guns for parts is the norm.

I do not recall who mentioned our pocket book, but I like what you just said Pertinax; “we operate as a collective” I like the feel of that... we will see if we become more than just a group of proffessionals over time though, but I like how that feels. A collective- Now who to chastise for mentioning our payday among the locals?!? Maybe I will just blast it bulletin style. We can not do that twice... in here... we might be able to take anyone who got froggy, but what if a Million split- he takes a quick head count in the bar – umpteen ways was worth it for these oppressed borg folks? We could make our way out for sure, but why, and some of us might not make it unscathed without some quick thinking and decisive blasting – he glances at Mungo briefly – then goes back to thinking. Where was I? Oh yeah, bulletin blast.

He opens comms and speaks evenly without any anger or judgement in a big brother-like tone, “For the future organ's and inorgan's do not mention credits and or pay while on the job. 1. and 2. from here on out take stock of our surroundings much more carefully- especially before speaking of work matters. I have your back at all times, it is my way, but I do not want to have to do so unnecessarily- as it would no doubt irk you to cover mine for an oversight in mission/travel etiquette especially. I do not recall who said it and that does not matter. It is something we should as a group not do twice- unless it is purposeful to bait someone - never know who might want what we have and has nothing to lose to get it.
OOC Comments
OOC: I want to mention this here just because I heard of someone who died overseas and although I do not have all the details it was due to a mistake on their part most likely. I have been in other countries with fellow Marines – we were kids most of us right out of high school – and all of us American. It would baffle me how ignorant of etiquette/respect and arrogant we could be. Recall being in Japan and two of my buddies tried to pay at the cash register but were upset that the Japanese woman, in Japan, could not speak English- like who the phuck am I hanging with right now. Anyway... Also, it would BAFFLE me at some of my buddies lack of street smarts... or simply those that did not pay attention to their surroundings. While outside of ones home and especially in another city, another neighborhood, another country, you MUST assess your surroundings. There is REAL violence out in the world- not in all places- but when it is upon you it is SO MUCH wiser to see it from a distance, avoid it, and live to make it back to your family, and the things you are responsible to take care of. People would be deeply affected by your/my absence. EVEN IF YOU LIVE ALONE and feel like you might have no one- we would miss your from this gotdam game, and be affected by your absence in our online lives... Uhhhm … soapbox gotten down from.
The Time Master would be Techno-Wizard takes note of Barr's disdain for the captain silently. He does not have the respect of those that work with him. That is very telling for this meatsack.

Bryke is ready and willing to move back to their ship, he stands and heads to the door to wait for everyone to leave. Checks outside briefly for ambushers but stands by the door. He watches the bar like a hawk while there and is the last to leave when everyone does, paying attention to anyone that leaves before The Rogues and after him.
OOC Comments
Natural Abilities
Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 83%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Ley Line Phasing: Equal to the ley line walker ability.


PPE: 266/266
ISP: 151/155
SDC: 634/634 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP: 171/171

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:

Call Names/Nicknames:
Bryke, Wraith
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1654
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Consumer »

Welcome to the Machine
Date Time Location Info wrote:Date: Day 61
Time: 1745 hours
Location: Sarik’s Port, Kar Tor Region, Bela”Kor III, Bela’Kor System, Central Alliance.
Weather: 52 degrees. Atmosphere is mildly toxic, low level rads, No precipitation.
Mission Notes
Bryke: No Skills Used.
Pertinax: No Skills Used.
Mungo: No Skills Used.
Glitch: No Skills Used.
Quince: No Skills Used.
Barraketa: No Skills Used.

Barraketa wrote:"It's not going to work. He's a coward, he wants too much cred, and even if it was worth paying, he'll probably turn us in."
The Captain looks at Barrketa with the most confused look. ”None of what you said is what I care about. How much was he asking for.” Captain Hallistan says. Assuming Barraketa tells him the price, the captain nods. ”Bit pricier than I would like, but not an issue really. We’re gonna need it to get there anyways.” The captain says to himself.
Barraketa wrote:"My contract is with the Captain, not his or your employer. I was hoping you all could come to an arrangement to run the job together, and we'd still be able fulfill the terms. But if he's abandoning the job, then he's abandoning the contract. And if you're buying him out, you get the option on my contract also. Weapons and tech, for an equal share of the haul."
The captain shakes his head. ”I don’t think a single one of you save maybe the Promethean understands how business works, and I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt because he was at least polite.” The captain says pausing for emphasis. ”In our line of work when your employer sends someone else to do the job, you’re generally out. If you want to jump ship it just means more money for me in the end, because you’re not getting your share till the end either.” The captain says, obviously irritated at Barraketa.
Pertinax wrote:"My threats are helpful," Pertinax growls at Mungo. "They make the parameters of our agreement clear to the captain. We will not harm you as long as you honor your end of the arrangement."
The captain shakes his head at the comment. ”You don’t exactly reassure me.” The captain says flatly.
Pertinax wrote:"For the time being, I think we can make this a functional working relationship. One million UTC to you and your crew once we have retrieved the map."
The captain shrugs, seemingly unimpressed by Pertinax’s form of diplomacy. ”Oh we can discuss the terms for sure.” The captain says.
Pertinax wrote:"Pertinax. Intelligence officer with the Tarlok Empire, now retired. I suggest we move back to our ship to discuss the details discretely."

The Captain shrugs. ”Titles rarely mean much on backwater worlds. But I’ll keep your name in memory Pertinax.” The captain says as he stands up and reaches into a pocket to toss a few credits on the table. ”Let’s go to your ship and discuss.” The captain says.
Bryke wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:32 pmFor the future organ's and inorgan's do not mention credits and or pay while on the job. 1. and 2. from here on out take stock of our surroundings much more carefully- especially before speaking of work matters. I have your back at all times, it is my way, but I do not want to have to do so unnecessarily- as it would no doubt irk you to cover mine for an oversight in mission/travel etiquette especially. I do not recall who said it and that does not matter. It is something we should as a group not do twice- unless it is purposeful to bait someone - never know who might want what we have and has nothing to lose to get it.
The message is clear over the Rogues personal channels. The trip back to the ship is uneventful, no one seems to have the actual notion to bother the heavily armed group on its way. Back at the ship, Captain Hallistan whistles. ”Well ain’t she a beaut.” The pirate says approvingly.

Once the group is on the ship and likely in the meeting room, the Captain is the first to speak up. ”Half now, half on completion.” Hallistan says bluntly.

What are your intentions?

Barraketa, make sure you are using the mandatory format on your posts. Your latest doesn’t have Perception, or just in case rolls, as are required in the first post after a GM post Always. ~Consumer

Butcher’s Bill
Bryke: -8 I.S.P.
Pertinax:
Mungo:
Glitch:
Quince:
Barraketa:
The Rogue: 1 Token
The Ghost: 1 Token
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Pertinax
Posts: 157
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:17 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Pertinax »

Perception (33%) 1d100: [22] = 22
JiC 1d20: [12] = 12 / 1d100: [26] = 26

Armor
Talisman of Armor of Ithan (Inactive)
Loksuit Power Armor - M.D.C. by location
  • Main Body - 115
  • Head/Helmet - 50
  • Arms - 50 each
  • Legs - 60 each
Black boots
Blue pants
Blue and orange hooded jacket

Weapon
Ripper vibro-knife
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)

The scene is a bar known as the Hole, an apt metaphor for the way that Pertinax and Captain Hallistan circle around each other. Even something as simple as exchanging names carries venom.
Captain Hallistan wrote:"Titles rarely mean much on backwater worlds. But I’ll keep your name in memory Pertinax."
The tarlok's gills flare open quickly and clasp shut. The threat does not go unnoticed, and Pertinax has a long memory. He is not to be trusted. Pertinax cranes his neck down so that his head to be eye level with the captain as he says his next words.
Captain Hallistan wrote:"Let’s go to your ship and discuss."
Pertinax drains the rest of his beer in a single gulp. He does not like discussing business in an open space. And any longer here and he will need a third beer to keep himself from harming the captain. And then a fourth, and a fifth, but by the sixth or seventh all bets are off. "Follow me."
Captain Hallistan wrote:"Half now, half on completion."
Pertinax leans forward and places his elbows on the table, his fingers bridging over each other. "The initial offer was for you and your..." he glances at Barraketa, "associate join us for this mission. Once we find the map and return it to the Center we give you an equitable share of the contract. If you want money up front that would suggest you do not plan on joining us in the field. I want assurances your intel is good. I would hate to have to hunt you down and collect interest on what turned out to be a 'bad loan'."

If the Captain provides some reason for needing the money immediately, Pertinax's gills will open slightly in interest. Well then, he is more desperate than you had initially imagined. That makes him unpredictable: you may be able to control him, or he has already betrayed you. After a pause, Pertinax smiles, "Understandable. But given the lack of trust between us, I will want to scan your mind and determine that your story is true."

If the captain just balks, Pertinax's gills will flare open again. He turns to Barraketa and asks, "Do you know where the map is? If so then you can join us and we can finish this job without Hallistan." Assuming that Barraketa does not have the intel, Pertinax lets out an audible sigh, too proud to concede to the captain.
Pertinax
M.D.C.: 348 | P.P.E.: 11 | I.S.P.: 133
User avatar
Barraketa
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue May 31, 2022 6:04 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Barraketa »

JiC [roll]1d100[/roll]: [84] = 84 | JiC [roll]1d20[/roll]: [20] = 20 | Perception vs 21% [roll]1d100[/roll]: [56] = 56

Barraketa does pass on the details of price, when the Captain asks again.

In response to the Captain's remark, Barraketa makes a strange noise, a squelching, barking sound, that both sounds disgusting and maybe implies disgust felt...

"I understand business just fine. I'm talking about the honor of our contract. If you're keeping our contract, we're doing the job, and I'm getting a share. If you aren't, we're done. If you're selling the intel, I assume you're dropping the job. So I make an offer to those who are doing the job. Are you offering me a share of what you get for selling the intel? In return for something?"

He looks over at Pertinax, and back at the Captain, and shrugs, the movement made dramatic by the rise and fall of his arsenal. "Your business with them takes precedence, anyway, I'll just wait and see."

He follows the group to the ship, looking it over blandly when he sees it, but privately impressed at the amount of weaponry.

He does beep out a greeting to the ship in Techno-can as he boards, unsure if it's occupied by an AI but considering it mannerly to assume it can hear him.

Inside, he continues to quietly watch the negotiations, shaking his head when he's asked whether he has the map.
User avatar
Glitch
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:00 pm

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Glitch »

Perception: 1d100: [85] = 85 /49%
JiC: 1d100: [44] = 44 / 1d20: [5] = 5

Passive (Always On) Conditions: Modulating Voice Synthesizer (Glitch maintains a human-like voice that sounds like it has a little static from a radio in it) | Sensory Antenna (10 ft) | Clock Calendar | Internal Juke Box [Glitch adjusts his profile to play internally | All tech-based sensory equipment is -10% to track him

Active (Toggle) Conditions [Cycles every 1 minute as a foreground process, while actively engaged in conversations and not monitoring the surroundings]: Explosives Detector (12ft radius) | Bug Detector (60ft radius) | External Video and Audio Surveillance (EVAS) | Radar Detector (80%) | Radiation Detector (60ft radius; identifies all forms of radiation and their level of harm to organic/synthetic matter)

Skill:
Research: 1d100<90: [72*] = 1 (Release cost of an impounded ship)

Post:

Glitch observes the interaction between the Captain, Baraketta and the others. Observation: The captain is such for a reason. A pirate doesn't survive as a captain, through mutinies and betrayers by being naive. He has an ace up his sleeve. Glitch recognizes as he follows the crew back to the ship. Glitch is sure to be the last one in the party walking to the ship, his reticle swapping between the two pirates, studying them. Glitch is notably intrigued when Barraketa beeps a hello to the ship. Glitch follows the team inside and will stand by the doorway inside of the conference room.
Hallistan wrote:”Half now, half on completion.”
Log: Fair request considering. I wonder if this is the cost of his ship to get it out of impound. Will Pert be disinclined to acquiesce? Glitch notes in a trash file. If an AI could be amused, Glitch would be. "Note: Blackguard Ship impound cost and average impound cost on this planet."
Pertinax wrote:["The initial offer was for you and your... ...associate join us for this mission. Once we find the map and return it to the Center we give you an equitable share of the contract. If you want money up front that would suggest you do not plan on joining us in the field. I want assurances your intel is good. I would hate to have to hunt you down and collect interest on what turned out to be a 'bad loan'."
If Glitch were a organic, that comment might've made him snort as his iris returns to the Captain at the... counter offer. When Barraketa confirms he doesn't know anything, and Pertinax let's out a sigh of exasperation, Glitch opts to join the discussion.

"Captain, what assurance can you give that you will remain forthright throughout the operation? Answer that confidently and we will be amenable to half now, half upon completion." Glitch asks.
What happens when a being designed to follow orders and programmed to kill eliminates those they served? Who is giving them the orders now? Scariest version; they are.

Ultrix, the Altessan Eviscerator, to Glitch -- 00BF00
Glitch to Ultrix -- 4000FF
Internal command processes

M.D.C.: 220

Ultrix | MDC: 500 | DMG: 6d6 | Nano-Regen: 2d6/hr | Electrical Discharge: 4d6, 0-200' range.


Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Glitch | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Oren Exe (PW GA) | Sam Animus (PWVR) | Venenifer (Atlantis) | Ronan (SS)
Post Reply

Return to “Phase World: The Three Galaxies”