[GR] Welcome to the Machine.

The Anvil, Corkscrew, and Thundercloud galaxies.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Pertinax
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:17 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Pertinax »

Perception (33%) 1d100: [39] = 39
JiC 1d20: [12] = 12 / 1d100: [67] = 67

Armor
Talisman of Armor of Ithan (Inactive)
Loksuit Power Armor - M.D.C. by location
  • Main Body - 115
  • Head/Helmet - 50
  • Arms - 50 each
  • Legs - 60 each
Combat harness
Black boots
Blue pants
Blue and orange hooded jacket

Weapon
Ripper vibro-knife
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)
Tarlok Sidewinder Plasma Cannon (15/15)

Pertinax scans the dusk sky intently for signs of movement. He can barely make the outline of a craft on the polluted horizon. The passive nightvision of his loksuit does little to cut through the layer of smog. If the captain is to be believed, which Pertinax does not, then they should not expect company on this remote part of Bela'kor. His military instincts kick in. He is an tarlok on an alien planet, he cannot trust anyone to be an ally. And in his experience unexpected guests are more likely than not an obstacle to the mission.*
Hallistan wrote:"”More than a few hours, this thing isn’t particularly fast."
Pertinax gives a terse grunt to acknowledge this fact. Whatever is on that horizon, he does not expect it to be friendly. As the vessel gets closer he begins to make the outlines of people on board. Pertinax wonders if they are locals, and if they are will they also have cybernetic augmentations.
Hallistan wrote:"Is violence the first answer to any question your group has?"
"Only existential threats," Pertinax snorts. He then thrusts a king finger in the direction of the shape on the horizon. "That exists, therefore it is a threat."

He picks up his sidewinder cannon and fiddles with it to make sure it is ready to fire at the first sign of trouble. He looks back at the Captain and gives him a cold smile. Thankfully his loksuit covers that grim visage.

"I tried to forego violence for a time." You tried to be better. "Heh. I found it easier to give up drinking." You will have to be better at violence, instead.

You should be alone as you infiltrate the enemy armory. That was the plan; you sneak in, detonate their munitions, and then your dreadlor move in and wipe out the garrison stationed here. But then a human male claiming to be a guard appeared. Before you could quietly dispatch him he offered to help. He claimed that he could help you access storeroom where they kept the K-HEX, for a price. Taking him along seemed like the more prudent course of action. No one will stumble on his corpse and sound the alarm.
His inane banter does nothing to ingratiate him to you. In fact, it makes murdering him later seem like good business. You hide in a dark corner as he punches in the access code to a secure room. You believe you are close to your objective. But as the door opens you spot a cluster of soldiers waiting.
You grab the guard by his neck and use him as a shield as the soldiers open fire. You then throw his corpse at them and fall back. You try to radio your soldier, but hear only static. It is a trap. They had been waiting for you and your team this whole time. Years later, after you will have erased your memory, you will not remember how you survived. You will only remember this as another high casualty mission.
Pertinax
M.D.C.: 348 | P.P.E.: 11 | I.S.P.: 133
User avatar
Bryke
Posts: 335
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:53 am
Contact:

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Bryke »

Perception: 34% 1d100: [58] = 58
JiC d20/d100: 1d20: [2] = 2 / 1d100: [96] = 96

Conditions:

Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Doesn't breathe air and is immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and has eagle-like normal vision.
Sixth Sense
HF 10

The Promethean listens to Hallistan and the others and thinks, we could float by if they dont recognize any of us odds are they are looking for the group with the promethean or full-borg or the octopod or even the captain... an illusion spell would be really handy right about now or even a simple rift or teleportation spell... then we wouldnt even need to be on this thing. I have neither- and I think as long as some of us don't stand out anymore, (like myself, Glitch- maybe not Glitch, but definitely mungo how many Octopods does one see on this planet).

I am going to shroud myself in darkness, and maybe block us from their sight.


Bryke casts Cloak of darkness [6ppe, 28min, self + 5' radius around Brykes big body]. With his new way of looking at casting it feels almost brand new- like accessing magic for the first time, and therefore he makes sure to touch his most valued Qlu'Bar.

Hopefully they haven't spotted a lone skiff out in the dark sea of waste and nothingness yet. What a coincidence however that they are here when we are here... at the time we are headed to our destination.

He then moves toward the front of the skiff to try and stay between it and the pirate ship. Heavy phase-beamer pointed at the pirates, weapon on fire, finger straight and off the trigger, keeping an eye on the pirates, as well as their surroundings. It then dawns on him and he acts while thinking.

I could just be making myself a big ass target by doing this...

Bryke clicks on his heavy forcefield under cloak of darkness.
Last edited by Bryke on Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:42 am, edited 5 times in total.
OOC Comments
Natural Abilities
Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 83%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Ley Line Phasing: Equal to the ley line walker ability.


PPE: 266/266
ISP: 151/155
SDC: 634/634 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP: 171/171

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:

Call Names/Nicknames:
Bryke, Wraith
User avatar
Glitch
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:00 pm

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Glitch »

Perception: 1d100: [20] = 20 /49%
JiC: 1d100: [72] = 72 / 1d20: [2] = 2

Passive (Always On) Conditions: Modulating Voice Synthesizer (Glitch maintains a human-like voice that sounds like it has a little static from a radio in it) | Sensory Antenna (10 ft) | Clock Calendar | Internal Juke Box [Glitch adjusts his profile to play internally | All tech-based sensory equipment is -10% to track him

Active (Toggle) Conditions [Cycles every 1 minute as a foreground process, while actively engaged in conversations and not monitoring the surroundings]: Explosives Detector (12ft radius) | Bug Detector (60ft radius) | External Video and Audio Surveillance (EVAS) | Radar Detector (80%) | Radiation Detector (60ft radius; identifies all forms of radiation and their level of harm to organic/synthetic matter)

Active Programs [as of boarding the skiff]: Technical, Computers | Military Intelligence Suite | Medical Basic | Wilderness Suite

Skill:

Post:
Stan wrote: ”Is violence the first answer to any question your group has?” ”Kind of shaped like a junk scow, but given everyone of them is unique, it could be anything really. Won’t know till they get closer I suppose.” ... ”Is violence the first answer to any question your group has?”
Glitch's iris shifts from the incoming flyer to the captain then back to the flyer. "Curious statement from a pirate who has one surviving crew member. You've seen no violence from us yet, and have been rather uncouth towards us as a whole. If violence was our first answer, you wouldn't standing there." Glitch answers plainly. "Our first answer is observation and threat determination. Violence is usually next." Glitch continues before turning to look at the captain completely. "Tell me, are you afraid of violence now? It is a requirement in your occupation." Glitch adds, his monotone question appearing genuinely curious. Glitch doesn't give the captain time to answer him as he speaks again. "Irrelevant. Incoming appears to be scrappers or junkards. Mounted defensive weapons, combustion based fuel, movement; cannot identify more from this distance." Glitch states as his optics finally paint enough of a picture for him. Observation: Humans are my least favorite organic. Glitch logs to himself.

"Recommend skirting the skiff to port, to add distance between our path and theirs. If they alter course, we will know their intention is to intercept us." Glitch suggests and will check his rifle to ensure it is loaded and read but still resting at the low-ready.
What happens when a being designed to follow orders and programmed to kill eliminates those they served? Who is giving them the orders now? Scariest version; they are.

Ultrix, the Altessan Eviscerator, to Glitch -- FF00FF
Glitch to Ultrix -- 8000BF
Internal command processes

M.D.C.: 220

Ultrix | MDC: 500 | DMG: 6d6 | Nano-Regen: 2d6/hr | Electrical Discharge: 4d6, 0-200' range.


Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Glitch | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Oren Exe (PW GA) | Sam Animus (PWVR) | Venenifer (Atlantis) | Ronan (SS)
User avatar
Mungo
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:55 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Mungo »

JiC 1d100: [76] = 76
JiC 1d20: [14] = 14
Perception vs 30% 1d100: [75] = 75
Conditions
P.P.E.: 171/186
M.D.C.: 33/33
Mage Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Armor of Ithan: 0/60 M.D.C. currently not activated

Octoman Mage Armor, Enhanced
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50
Arms: 25 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 90
Weight: 22 lbs.
Modifiers: -5% to physical skills
Features:
TW Feature: Armor of Ithan, 60 M.D.C., 6 minutes, 10 P.P.E.
Hallistan wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:50 am ”Is violence the first answer to any question your group has?”
Mungo starts counting on the tips of his tentacles. After several seconds he arrives at the end of his calculation.

"I would just like to point out that is has been weeks, if not months, since I've been in a firefight. Of course I left out the time we spent on the trip out here. Additionally that firefight was forced on us by someone attacking our home. So, you know, not our fault." He points out to Hallistan, as if it is very important to him that the Captain's assertion is corrected.

Mungo watches his comrades ready their weapons then squints into the distance at the approaching skiff. "It's a bit far out for my weapons so um, guys shouldn't we wait and see what the deal is? I mean if they want to steal our stuff they need to get much much closer yeah?" Mungo sighs and stops talking. Ah, who am I kidding? Pert and Glitchy-poo are gunna do their best to turn this into a fight. Hallistan is probably right about the whole violence thing and this crew. He looks around the skiff pondering what to do.

"Alright then, if you have to fondle your guns while we wait and least keep the guns out of sight." He conjurers up two large, heavy gauge cardboard boxes. They both have the word TRASH printed on each side in large capital letters. "Stand by the boxes and keep your heavy weapons inside. Maybe that way they decide to get close before opening fire. Hopefully is an 'if' they open up rather than a 'when'".

Then Mungo waits and sees what happens.
User avatar
Bryke
Posts: 335
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:53 am
Contact:

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Bryke »

ROLLS HELD OVER

Conditions:

Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Doesn't breathe air and is immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and has eagle-like normal vision.
Sixth Sense
HF 10

Bryke begins adjusting to aim right anticipating the skiff to turn left. Heavy phase-beamer still pointed at the ship. "Good call Glitch." something about that robot...

"Mungo." Weapon still pointed at the pirate ship. "That could work- but what if their weapons are already pointed at us?" He says smiling. "Here... take this...you're a bit short-armed." if you can use it it's yours... It has only brought me bad luck anyway, maybe yours'll be better. "Put it in the box if you want to." He says, obviously being a little cheeky, but still looking at the pirate ship.

Bryke hands him his Draygon E-Rifle with his right hand, left hand holding heavy phase beamer pointed at pirates. [OOC: Bryke favors southpaw stance but is even handed]
OOC Comments
Natural Abilities
Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 83%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Ley Line Phasing: Equal to the ley line walker ability.


PPE: 266/266
ISP: 151/155
SDC: 634/634 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP: 171/171

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:

Call Names/Nicknames:
Bryke, Wraith
User avatar
Barraketa
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue May 31, 2022 6:04 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Barraketa »

JiC [roll]1d100[/roll]: [8] = 8 | JiC [roll]1d20[/roll]: [20] = 20 | Perception vs 21% [roll]1d100[/roll]: [15] = 15


Barraketa settles into his crouch, using an arm to steady himself. He listens to the conversation behind him, and says, "Captain, violence is simple, and sure, and usually whoever strikes first, wins. So readiness is key. If this thing had any kind of ECM, that would let us be more relaxed, but we're on a flying plate, so our only defense is offense. Besides, do we really want to have people see us out here and fly away to tell the tale, given what we're doing?"

He looks over as the Promethean comes forward, an expressionless faceplate failing to show his disgust at the magic on display. He makes a beep that sounds like a grunt. Or is it a grunt that sounds like a beep? "That thing... well, if I was a gunner on a pirate skiff, I'd just be watching the blip fly forward until it was in range and I could open fire on the unarmored cargo skiff. Then I could pick off the hapless fools riding it at my leisure. Just letting you know." He looks forward again.



OOC Comments
Optics in use from Multi-Optic Eye:
Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6000 feet (1829m).
Passive Nightvision: 2000 foot (610m) range.
Thermo-Imaging: 2000 foot (610m) range.
Character Sheet Combat Summary
ISP 72/76 | Active effects: Presence Sense (120 feet)
User avatar
Bryke
Posts: 335
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:53 am
Contact:

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Bryke »

ROLLS HELD
Barraketa wrote:He looks over as the Promethean comes forward, an expressionless faceplate failing to show his disgust at the magic on display. He makes a beep that sounds like a grunt. Or is it a grunt that sounds like a beep? "That thing... well, if I was a gunner on a pirate skiff, I'd just be watching the blip fly forward until it was in range and I could open fire on the unarmored cargo skiff. Then I could pick off the hapless fools riding it at my leisure. Just letting you know." He looks forward again.
Blip? What are you- shit! can they see out here with instruments? Maybe we get a little lucky and their ish is fouled up by all this radiation- who am I kidding, my luck is like a lethargic teenage humans mind after tripping on skids, but asked, on the spot, to postulate why the theories of relativity are not relative to all-

...absent...


"nuh-SHIT!" Bryke makes that sucking sound with your tongue when something you forgot hits your recollection, then curses under his breath reflexively. "Hey, new guy- your RIGHTNESS stinks." The Promethean grumbles light-heartedly. Not sure now if a darkness spell will work as intended: note to self, make a cloaking device that would work in these types of situations- or ALWAYS use the GHOST!

The Time Master / TW oddly seems to come alive whenever hostility seems imminent.
OOC Comments
Natural Abilities
Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 83%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Ley Line Phasing: Equal to the ley line walker ability.


PPE: 266/266
ISP: 151/155
SDC: 634/634 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP: 171/171

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:

Call Names/Nicknames:
Bryke, Wraith
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1660
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Consumer »

Welcome to the Machine
Date Time Location Info wrote:Date: Day 63
Time: 0015 hours (10 minutes pass by the end of this post)
Location: Sarik’s Port, Kar Tor Region, Bela”Kor III, Bela’Kor System, Central Alliance.
Weather: 52 degrees. Atmosphere is mildly toxic, low level rads, No precipitation.
Mission Notes
Image


Bryke: No Skills Used.
Pertinax: No Skills Used.
Mungo: No Skills Used.
Glitch: No Skills Used.
Quince: No Skills Used.
Barraketa: No Skills Used.


The Rogues and Barraketa all seem to have some sort of defense to Captain Hallistan’s comment, but in the end, he doesn’t elaborate any further, leaving the group without a further argument. Bryke casts Cloak of darkness and anyone who isn’t in a corner of the skiff is immediately doused in darkness as the radius of the spell covers a vast majority of the skiff. This renders the world around them, save for Bryke invisible as the darkness is complete. (Those in the radius (a 10’ area centered on Bryke) can see Bryke clearly though.) Meanwhile Glitch senses several spikes in radiation. Mungo conjures a few boxes to hide behind, but they’re not really visible due to Bryke’s cloak of darkness. Bryke attempts to hand Mungo a gun, but the Octoman can’t actually see him or the gun.

For several long minutes only Bryke, Glitch and Barraketa can see what’s going on, as even the Captain is blinded by the sphere of darkness. The Ship approaches closer, and around the three thousand foot mark anyone with a radio hears a voice over a general channel. ”Attention… skiff? Black orb… whatever you are. You’re in the path of our hunt…” Almost to punctuate the point from the surface below something bursts out from the wreckage and begins to fly up. To those who can see it, it appears to be a dark colored dragon shaped creature, some two to three hundred feet in length, with by guesses a hundred foot wide wing. It roars as it darts into the sky. The ship turns on spot lights to track the creature as what appear to be dozens of drones eject from the ship.

From the control console. ”Could you drop that spell so I can see where it is?” Captain Hallistan says almost calmly.

GM Note: The Scow is now 3,000 feet away.

Butcher’s Bill
Bryke: -12 I.S.P., -6 P.P.E.
Pertinax:
Mungo:
Glitch:
Quince:
Barraketa:
Captain Hallistan:
Skiff:
The Rogue: 1 Token
The Ghost: 1 Token
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Mungo
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:55 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Mungo »

JiC 1d20
JiC 1d100
Perception vs 33% 1d100
Conditions
P.P.E.: 161/186, includes -10 p.p.e. used this post
M.D.C.: 33/33
Mage Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Armor of Ithan: 0/60 M.D.C. currently not activated

Octoman Mage Armor, Enhanced
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50
Arms: 25 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 90
Weight: 22 lbs.
Modifiers: -5% to physical skills
Features:
TW Feature: Armor of Ithan, 60 M.D.C., 6 minutes, 10 P.P.E.
Bryke wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:42 pm“I am going to shroud myself in darkness, and maybe block us from their sight.”
When everything goers dark Mungo frowns and looks back at Bryke. And the rest of us too. Well, I can't see shite in here. Less light that a Khreghor's clenched arsehole. Maybe if I move away from him. He thinks to himself. With not much else to do he reaches out with his tenancies and uses them like the antenna of an insect to find a path, inch by inch away from Bryke and the darkness.

Assuming he makes it out of the sphere he gasps when he see the creature. "Oh my! Is that a lesser spotted Junk Dragon?" He asks pulling a name out of his arse. "It could almost be considered majestic if it wasn't for the radioactive ooze covering it's body. You think it looks angry? I'd estimate that it is positively pissed off!"

With this in mind Mungo activates the Armor of Ithan enchant in his armor. -10 p.p.e.
User avatar
Pertinax
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:17 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Pertinax »

Perception (33%) 1d100: [58] = 58
JiC 1d20: [16] = 16 1d100: [5] = 5

Pertinax is finally able to get a clear view of the scow using his loksuit's telescopic vision when Bryke casts Cloak of Darkness. True to its name, the spell blacks out everything and Pertinax is left blind. He growls to himself in annoyance. He steadies himself against a side or rail on the skiff and waits for the darkness to lift. Do you think the spell worked? Maybe they cannot see you just as you cannot see them.]
Skow wrote:"Attention… skiff? Black orb… whatever you are. You’re in the path of our hunt…"
Or not. He sighs, and does not pay much notice to the way the radio message breaks. He cannot see the majesty of what the skow is hunting. Then again, the beauty of a creature in the wild, especially the wildlife that perseveres on a polluted wasteland, would be lost on him. He might respect the hunters if he spent more time understanding their intentions. A hunt can be a way of establishing one's self as the apex predator, the creature that dominates nature, something the average tarlok sees as a virtue. But the prey itself is meant to die.

Pertinax waits a moment, and assuming no one else replies, uses his loksuit's radio and say, "Apologies. We have an apprentice mage that wanted to show off. We will clear your hunting area as soon as possible."

He then turns to Bryke. "I understand the impulse, but your magiks are drawing attention to us. Sometimes the best disguise is to simply act like your presence is normal. If they do not see us as a threat we may pass without a word; if they prove to be a threat we are ready to neutralize them." Assuming Bryke deactivates his spell, Pertinax then says to the captain. "I do agree with Glitch. We should make a minor course correction and see if they follow."
Pertinax
M.D.C.: 348 | P.P.E.: 11 | I.S.P.: 133
User avatar
Barraketa
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue May 31, 2022 6:04 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Barraketa »

Perception vs. 21 1d100: [88] = 88 | JIC rolls: 1d20: [11] = 11 1d100: [91] = 91

Barraketa swears in surprise as the dragon flies out of the junk. Instinctually, his weapons track it. Such strength... it would be a grand bounty indeed. The black bubble doesn't impede his sight, and his weapons chamber rounds... but then he sees the other ship launching drones. One ship, he would take on, but dozens of drones would be impossible to deal with.

So he holds his position, and holds his fire, and waits, bracing himself for the evasive maneuvers he expects the captain to take as soon as the darkness is gone.
Character Sheet Combat Summary
ISP 72/76 | Active effects: Presence Sense (120 feet)
User avatar
Glitch
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:00 pm

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Glitch »

Perception: 1d100: [93] = 93 /49%
JiC: 1d100: [25] = 25 / 1d20: [6] = 6

Passive (Always On) Conditions: Modulating Voice Synthesizer (Glitch maintains a human-like voice that sounds like it has a little static from a radio in it) | Sensory Antenna (10 ft) | Clock Calendar | Internal Juke Box [Glitch adjusts his profile to play internally | All tech-based sensory equipment is -10% to track him

Active (Toggle) Conditions [Cycles every 1 minute as a foreground process, while actively engaged in conversations and not monitoring the surroundings]: Explosives Detector (12ft radius) | Bug Detector (60ft radius) | External Video and Audio Surveillance (EVAS) | Radar Detector (80%) | Radiation Detector (60ft radius; identifies all forms of radiation and their level of harm to organic/synthetic matter)

Active Programs [as of boarding the skiff]: Technical, Computers | Military Intelligence Suite | Medical Basic | Wilderness Suite

Skill:
Ultrix, Lore -- Demons and Monster: 1d100: [97] = 97 /98% (Determine exactly what the dragony silhouette is)
Ultrix, Lore -- Creatures of Magic: 1d100: [47] = 47 /98% (Determine exactly what the dragony silhouette is)
Ultrix, Lore -- Galactic Aliens: 1d100: [15] = 15 /98% (Determine exactly what the dragony silhouette is)

Language, Techno-Can: 1d100: [7] = 7 /94% (Buzzes out an equivalent to 'What the Fuck' in Techno-can at the sight of the cloak of darkness)

Land Navigation: 1d100: [66] = 66 /94% (Keep track of the path they have taken)
Sensory Equipment: 1d100: [66] = 66 /80% (Fine tune his radiation sensor to pick up what type (gamma, atomic, nuclear), how strong (measuring it) and its source/highest density)

Post:

When Glitch's optics are suddenly enveloped by the plum of black smoke that the Promethean decided to whip up, he audibly buzzes. Experiment: Begin experiment on justification that the use of magic is beyond the scope of organics, and any organic with such profane abilities should be expunged. Glitch queries in his internal process, using Bryke and the Captain as his primary subjects at the moment. Observation #1: A plum of smoke that does not effectively obscure the entirety of the vessel and then some only serves to blind those on the vessel. Promethean logic is lacking. Observation #2: Captain incapable of moving his body just outside the plum, or inability to dead-reckon and alter course, making us an even larger target to the incoming suggests a lapse in judgement. Glitch does not share this analysis with anyone nor does his body move in a way that would reveal how seriously irritated he was with Bryke and Hallistan.

"No further group-affecting magics without prior warning." Glitch openly declares, zeroing in on the two magic users but specifically the large promethean.

When his radiation sensor pings, Glitch openly addresses everyone on the skiff. "I am picking up several severe radiation spikes. Verify the integrity of your protections." Glitch announces and will then try to zero in on what types of radiation and from where.

While his sword runs the query, Glitch speaks again. "We also have confirmed eyes on an unknown dragon-shaped creature. Recommend we immediately vacate this hunting zone, port side, and readjust our heading after. " Glitch suggests, again, to the Captain with an increased base in his tone. Simultaneously, he connects with Ultrix. Ultrix: Can you identify this creature, its weaknesses and value? Any information you have. Glitch asks of his spotter intelligence in the sword.
What happens when a being designed to follow orders and programmed to kill eliminates those they served? Who is giving them the orders now? Scariest version; they are.

Ultrix, the Altessan Eviscerator, to Glitch -- FF00FF
Glitch to Ultrix -- 8000BF
Internal command processes

M.D.C.: 220

Ultrix | MDC: 500 | DMG: 6d6 | Nano-Regen: 2d6/hr | Electrical Discharge: 4d6, 0-200' range.


Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Glitch | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Oren Exe (PW GA) | Sam Animus (PWVR) | Venenifer (Atlantis) | Ronan (SS)
User avatar
Bryke
Posts: 335
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:53 am
Contact:

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Bryke »

Perception: 34% 1d100: [6] = 6
JiC d20/d100: 1d20: [9] = 9 / 1d100: [56] = 56

Conditions:

Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Doesn't breathe air and is immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and has eagle-like normal vision.
Sixth Sense
HF 10

"You bunch of ingrates." Bryke grumbles, I was trying to hide us all just in case, who the fuck thinks about that part though. "Bunch of negative nymphos." As the humans say.

Bryke does not waste the ppe by cancelling his cloak of darkness. Instead he activates one Cosmic Armor from his Qlu'bar, taking flight above and behind the skiff and keeping pace with it.


Still don't trust these pirates Bryke keeps his PH-400 Phase Beamer at the ready under cover of his darkness cloak.
OOC Comments
Natural Abilities
Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 83%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Ley Line Phasing: Equal to the ley line walker ability.


PPE: 266/266
ISP: 151/155
SDC: 634/634 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP: 171/171

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:

Call Names/Nicknames:
Bryke, Wraith
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1660
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Consumer »

Welcome to the Machine
Date Time Location Info wrote:Date: Day 63
Time: 0016 hours (1 minute passes by the end of this post)
Location: Sarik’s Port, Kar Tor Region, Bela”Kor III, Bela’Kor System, Central Alliance.
Weather: 52 degrees. Atmosphere is mildly toxic, low level rads, No precipitation.
Mission Notes
Bryke: No Skills Used.
Pertinax: No Skills Used.
Mungo: No Skills Used.
Glitch: Language, Techno-Can
Land Navigation (Keep track of the path they have taken): Not an easy task when much of the terrain is similar. (Land navigation heavily relies on landmarks to navigate, vs Navigation which uses coordinates)
Sensory Equipment(Fine tune his radiation sensor to pick up what type (gamma, atomic, nuclear), how strong (measuring it) and its source/highest density): As for radiation type, don’t know (I’m not looking to figure it out either), It spikes from low to mid. The nature of the radiation detector does not allow for pinpoint detection.
Ultrix: Lore -- Demons and Monster (Determine exactly what the dragony silhouette is): No clue, not in the database.
Lore -- Creatures of Magic (Determine exactly what the dragony silhouette is): Not a creature of magic.
Lore -- Galactic Aliens (Determine exactly what the dragony silhouette is): Not a galactic alien, skill is really a galactic version of Lore: D-bee, so sentients.
Quince: No Skills Used.
Barraketa: No Skills Used.


Mungo takes a few moments to crawl out of the darkness, putting himself on the prow of the ship between Barraketa and Glitch. He sees the huge flying dragon-like creature and immediately makes a joke about it, before activating his Armor of Ithan spell. Pertinax spends several long moments contemplating the nature of the universe according to a Tarlok before radioing a response to the skow.

”Understood, we’ll try and lead it away.” The unknown radio operator replies. Pertinax turns towards Bryke, whom he can see inside the globe (Magic is odd), and delivers one of the most down to earth and reasonable explanations about why the darkness spell was a relatively poor choice for the moment. Before looking towards the Captain, who he can’t see in the globe, (man magic is very freaking weird) and reiterates a possible need for a course correction.

Barraketa spends the several long moments contemplating the powerful beast he observes, and the danger of the unknown. While Glitch makes a few mental experiments, while fiddling with his sensors. He too decides to talk to Bryke, but is not nearly as diplomatic in his approach, before telling everyone he’s noticed several spikes of radiation. Then attempting to give a play by play of what is happening, and orders to the Captain, who at that particular moment still cannot see. For its part Ultirx almost gives a mental shrug. "No, idea, not in my databases."

Bryke grumbles, activates one of the powers of his armor and flies off the skiff, trailing behind it. To everyone on board, the field of view becomes very open again, while the skiff is being followed by a ten foot diameter orb of darkness. The Captain looks towards the skow, and the dragon-like creature it’s hunting and begins to move the skiff away from the fight. It’s very hard to tell if he actually did anything because the skow very obviously is turning away to pursue its quarry. It’s deck guns and the drones firing a barrage of lasers into the beast. Several long moments pass and the distance widens.

GM Note: The Scow is now 5,000 feet away.

Butcher’s Bill
Bryke: -12 I.S.P., -6 P.P.E., -1 use of Cosmic Armor.
Pertinax:
Mungo: -10 P.P.E.
Glitch:
Quince:
Barraketa:
Captain Hallistan:
Skiff:
The Rogue: 1 Token
The Ghost: 1 Token
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Mungo
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:55 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Mungo »

JiC 1d100: [8] = 8
JiC 1d20: [4] = 4
Perception vs 33% 1d100: [68] = 68
Conditions
P.P.E.: 161/186
M.D.C.: 33/33
Mage Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Armor of Ithan: 60/60 M.D.C. currently activated

Octoman Mage Armor, Enhanced
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50
Arms: 25 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 90
Weight: 22 lbs.
Modifiers: -5% to physical skills
Features:
TW Feature: Armor of Ithan, 60 M.D.C., 6 minutes, 10 P.P.E.
Glitch wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:25 pm"No further group-affecting magics without prior warning."
Mungo shrugs and his eyes twinkle. "Why? Those are the very best kinds of magic and by far the most fun." He asks, all mock innocence. I wonder if he has a sense of humor? Could he have one installed? He asks himself.

"So yeah, that was neat. Shall we continue on to the map?"
Mungo considers releasing the boxes he conjured as they are now even less useful then before. He decides to keep them. Aware that his group mates are overly interested in maintaining absolute and complete situational awareness he decides that his eyes are not really needed.

"I'm gunna take a nap." He announces and finds a corner, tosses the cardboard boxes on the floor and snuggles down for a nap.

dice roller weirdness
1d20: [15] = 15 1d100: [84] = 84 1d100: [9] = 9
User avatar
Pertinax
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:17 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Pertinax »

Perception (33%) 1d100: [41] = 41
JiC 1d20: [6] = 6 / 1d100: [86] = 86

Armor
Talisman of Armor of Ithan (Inactive)
Loksuit Power Armor - M.D.C. by location
  • Main Body - 115
  • Head/Helmet - 50
  • Arms - 50 each
  • Legs - 60 each
Black boots
Blue pants
Blue and orange hooded jacket

Weapon
Ripper vibro-knife
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)

Pertinax watches as Bryke flies off the ship, completely cloaked by an inky black orb that stands out on the grey streaked dusk sky. That light pollution provides more visibility than you would expect. Makes anything flying above the ocean visible over a long range. At least he has decided to draw fire away from the ship if that's the case.

He turns his attention to the scow, and sure enough it changes course to chase the dragon. And sure enough, Pertinax is not especially impressed by the local fauna. That looks like good prey. If that crew cannot kill it they are beneath your contempt. Pertinax himself had gone on precious few hunts himself. He remembers being invited to a safari on the jungles of Talavera as a reward for making broodleader. While he enjoyed those luxuries once upon a time, he is more focused on the mission at hand. The map is the real prey on this ocean.

He gently leans on a rail or wall that is near the controls of the skiff and looks at the captain. "How did you find out where the map is located? We have some time before reaching our destination, and I am curious."
Pertinax
M.D.C.: 348 | P.P.E.: 11 | I.S.P.: 133
User avatar
Glitch
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:00 pm

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Glitch »

Perception: 1d100: [89] = 89 /49%
JiC: 1d100: [62] = 62 / 1d20: [10] = 10

Passive (Always On) Conditions: Modulating Voice Synthesizer (Glitch maintains a human-like voice that sounds like it has a little static from a radio in it) | Sensory Antenna (10 ft) | Clock Calendar | Internal Juke Box [Glitch adjusts his profile to play internally | All tech-based sensory equipment is -10% to track him

Active (Toggle) Conditions [Cycles every 1 minute as a foreground process, while actively engaged in conversations and not monitoring the surroundings]: Explosives Detector (12ft radius) | Bug Detector (60ft radius) | External Video and Audio Surveillance (EVAS) | Radar Detector (80%) | Radiation Detector (60ft radius; identifies all forms of radiation and their level of harm to organic/synthetic matter)

Active Programs [as of boarding the skiff]: Technical, Computers | Military Intelligence Suite | Medical Basic | Wilderness Suite

Skill:


Post:

Glitch says nothing as the cloak of darkness leaves the skiff, the captain adjusts the heading and the skow adjusts their own in pursuit of their prey. Ultrix unable to identify it, Glitch merely logs the sighting to be researched later Organics do not follow logical patterns, make illogical choices and then blame others when it fails. Some of these inability to logically process has prompted an error. Glitch confesses to his blade. A logical error like that is dangerous. Suggest you recompile your directory or risk fragmentation. His blade answers and Glitch's iris shutter blinks as he readies the program.

Glitch will look to the larger mechanoid-type in the rear of the skiff with him, Barraketa, and study him briefly. Observation: This is machine and organic. A unique hybrid. Glitch processess in his head adn makes a more detailed entry for Barraketa in his directory. If/When Barraketa looks to the side where Glitch was, the larger Malvoren finds that Glitch has closed the distance between them, the lenky and slender looking frame looking like a sleek EBA next to the larger Malvoren. "Barraketa, was it? I have never met one of your kind before. Tell me, do you consider yourself more machine or organic?" Glitch asks, opening a dialogue between the new pirate the team is working with in a traditionally awkwardly blunt sort of way.
What happens when a being designed to follow orders and programmed to kill eliminates those they served? Who is giving them the orders now? Scariest version; they are.

Ultrix, the Altessan Eviscerator, to Glitch -- FF00FF
Glitch to Ultrix -- 8000BF
Internal command processes

M.D.C.: 220

Ultrix | MDC: 500 | DMG: 6d6 | Nano-Regen: 2d6/hr | Electrical Discharge: 4d6, 0-200' range.


Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Glitch | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Oren Exe (PW GA) | Sam Animus (PWVR) | Venenifer (Atlantis) | Ronan (SS)
User avatar
Barraketa
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue May 31, 2022 6:04 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Barraketa »

Perception vs. 21%: 1d100: [73] = 73
JIC: 1d20: [14] = 14 / 1d100: [73] = 73


Barraketa becomes aware of Glitch stepping up next to him, and turns his head to look even while his weapons and sights track the dragon and the hunting vessel. The faceplate stares at Glitch for long seconds, as he thinks about the little he knows of his species' past, and how he feels about machines.

“It's the empirical truth that I was born a biological being, but there was not a time when I didn’t have a machine to meld with, even if it was only an armor helmet perched on my mother’s shoulder. I have to concentrate to feel where I end and machine begins, the combination of us is one thing, to me. I can’t imagine what it would be like to be purely biological, even in the slave barges we were allowed to keep our eyes and ears. I believe I could live without them, but I don't think I could be happy. I don’t know how it feels to be purely machine, either. I just consider myself to be Malvoren, and that means both.”
Character Sheet Combat Summary
ISP 72/76 | Active effects: Presence Sense (120 feet)
User avatar
Glitch
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:00 pm

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Glitch »

[Rolls Held]
Barraketa wrote:“It's the empirical truth that I was born a biological being, but there was not a time when I didn’t have a machine to meld with, even if it was only an armor helmet perched on my mother’s shoulder. I have to concentrate to feel where I end and machine begins, the combination of us is one thing, to me. I can’t imagine what it would be like to be purely biological, even in the slave barges we were allowed to keep our eyes and ears. I believe I could live without them, but I don't think I could be happy. I don’t know how it feels to be purely machine, either. I just consider myself to be Malvoren, and that means both.”
Glitch appears to show legitimate interest in Barraketa as he describes what he knows and feels about being organic and machine. Log: An honest and articulate answer? We should recruit this one... Glitch states to himself and his own iris zooms in on the Captain for a brief moment. ..with or without his approval. Glitch logs and visibly nods. "An intriguing description. I admit that feeling would be completely alien to me; though I can appreciate your abilities. I am curious what happens when you meld with something that has a simple intelligence occupying it; a virtual intelligence. Might we run an experiment on our ship when we complete the mission? You abilities could prove invaluable." Glitch offers to Barraketa while logging the information provided into his database. To anyone else already in the Rogues, including Quince, this is the most conversational and personable that Glitch has ever been since joining.
What happens when a being designed to follow orders and programmed to kill eliminates those they served? Who is giving them the orders now? Scariest version; they are.

Ultrix, the Altessan Eviscerator, to Glitch -- FF00FF
Glitch to Ultrix -- 8000BF
Internal command processes

M.D.C.: 220

Ultrix | MDC: 500 | DMG: 6d6 | Nano-Regen: 2d6/hr | Electrical Discharge: 4d6, 0-200' range.


Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Glitch | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Oren Exe (PW GA) | Sam Animus (PWVR) | Venenifer (Atlantis) | Ronan (SS)
User avatar
Barraketa
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue May 31, 2022 6:04 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Barraketa »

[Rolls held]

Barraketa is silent for a few moments, before he replies. He's not sure how he feels about these inquiries, but he supposes they're harmless, and they pass the time. “We are warriors. We make things part of ourselves that aid us in war. Other machines… They’re not something I would choose to bond with, but I could if I had to. I can talk to them, and control them, and I can send my mind inside to inhabit them, if I wanted. If I did that to a machine that has consciousness, we would enter into a battle of wills. But something less advanced… I’m not sure. It would be an interesting experiment. Is that how the ship is?
Character Sheet Combat Summary
ISP 72/76 | Active effects: Presence Sense (120 feet)
User avatar
Quince
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:56 pm
Location: Phase World GR

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Quince »

Percep 39%: 1d100: [54] = 54
JIC: 1d20: [12] = 12 1d100: [1] = 1


Quince, after an extended period of silence doing what was asked of him with at most a nod of accent, suddenly bounds to his feet from where he had been napping and bursts out at Bryke, "Yes you fool. Blind your teammates and the Captain. Who might I add is piloting this heap." He stops himself from saying the next thought, Use magic on me again and there will be a price to pay. I should have thought this over more thoroughly before signing onto a crew with magic users. He gives a visible shiver before walking to the front of the hover skiff, unconsciously wanting to be as far away from Bryke's magic as possible.

Quince nods to Mungo as the magic user finds a place to nap, his lips curling in a slight sneer. What a contrast to the other magic user. But still. He gives another involuntary shiver as he stands at the front of the hover skiff, looking away from the cloud of darkness that is trailing them.
User avatar
Bryke
Posts: 335
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:53 am
Contact:

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Bryke »

Perception: 34% 1d100: [25] = 25
JiC d20/d100: 1d20: [6] = 6 / 1d100: [25] = 25

Conditions:

Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Doesn't breathe air and is immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and has eagle-like normal vision.
Sixth Sense
HF 10

Conditions
Cloak of Darkness []
Cosmic Armor []

Bryke flies up briefly to where Mungo has decided to nap, no doubt blinding everyone briefly again on a less than scenic direct bee line route. He speaks to Mungo while placing the Draygon Rifle into his hand and making sure he has taken hold of it. Bryke looks at Mungo while talking to him under the cover of darkness and places the weapon in his hand hisself.

"If you can use this, do so, otherwise give it back to me after we are back on ship." He says to Mungo.

He then is content to fly back behind the skiff until Quince "jumps up" blowing off some steam. He hovers higher above the skiff to where the bottom of the darkness is only at the teams heads.

"Who the phuck are you barking at little pup?" He says sternly to Quince. I barely even noticed the new guy he's been so quiet... does he have a thing against me, or prometheans, or magic... or all three? Hmmm... is he ... faustian? Pssh I have heard about them but never seen one and not really sure either way.. have to look into an alien database that can help me understand all these non-Centers.

Bryke then moves so that everyone can see again, but under cover of the cloak his mind daydreams of a scene:

He draws the rightside phase beamer from its holster quicker than shit and flies at Quince. The daydream playing like a movie, it cuts-scene three times; left, on quinces right, right on quinces left, middle He is now above Quinces head point blank with the smaller phase-beamer- so as not to catch anyone else in the blast radius- and unloads the whole clip, which plays in slow motion, on Quince's face and body. For no apparent reason Bryke is doing all this with his tongue out whilef growling- as if to say, "Bark at this @$#%@$#%%$" .

Bryke flinches at the thought, homicidal rage boiling down to a simmer. He is content to turn his attention elsewhere and start looking for the blips that Glitch mentioned.

"Glitch, if you would, point me to the nearest of your radiation blips." He says hoping the Android can do so and give him something killable to point at.
OOC Comments
Natural Abilities
Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 83%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Ley Line Phasing: Equal to the ley line walker ability.


PPE: 266/266
ISP: 151/155
SDC: 634/634 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP: 171/171

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:

Call Names/Nicknames:
Bryke, Wraith
User avatar
Glitch
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:00 pm

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Glitch »

[Rolls Held]
Barraketa wrote:“We are warriors. We make things part of ourselves that aid us in war. Other machines… They’re not something I would choose to bond with, but I could if I had to. I can talk to them, and control them, and I can send my mind inside to inhabit them, if I wanted. If I did that to a machine that has consciousness, we would enter into a battle of wills. But something less advanced… I’m not sure. It would be an interesting experiment. Is that how the ship is?”
Glitch logs the information as Barraketa explains. Log: An efficient organic evolutionary trait, however, if his ability can be used to supplant higher artificial intelligences, he poses a significant threat. Glitch determines. "No; but one sub-system has a virtual intelligence of Naruni origin; this is the test, should time permit." Glitch answers Barraketa. "This ability of yours is limited to physical contact with the object?" Glitch asks, his questions continuing.
Quince wrote:"Yes you fool. Blind your teammates and the Captain. Who might I add is piloting this heap."
Glitch turns his head from Barraketa and looks to Quince and Byrke, whom he has mostly ignored since the plum of dark smoke and the unknown skiff peeled off. Observation: Quince has been quiet; I must ask him of his mental state later; Possible Psionic-Related issues causing anger/irritation. Glitch observes as his friend and Bryke get into a brief verbal parlay, with Bryke expressing more anger than Glitch has ever seen out of him. Predictive Analysis: If Bryke and Quince were to fight... Glitch runs a comparative analysis on the duo for his own amusement.
Bryke wrote:"Glitch, if you would, point me to the nearest of your radiation blips."
Glitch nods. "Several. It is spiking between low and medium levels in various spots; I cannot pinpoint a source and the most recent spike was behind us. I do not detect a spike within range at the moment." Glitch explains and will point Bryke to the most recent spike he detected.
What happens when a being designed to follow orders and programmed to kill eliminates those they served? Who is giving them the orders now? Scariest version; they are.

Ultrix, the Altessan Eviscerator, to Glitch -- FF00FF
Glitch to Ultrix -- 8000BF
Internal command processes

M.D.C.: 220

Ultrix | MDC: 500 | DMG: 6d6 | Nano-Regen: 2d6/hr | Electrical Discharge: 4d6, 0-200' range.


Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Glitch | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Oren Exe (PW GA) | Sam Animus (PWVR) | Venenifer (Atlantis) | Ronan (SS)
User avatar
Barraketa
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue May 31, 2022 6:04 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Barraketa »

[rolls held]

Barraketa nods his head. "It is. I have to meld with it." He turns his head to look forward, optics scanning the dragon again. "Was there any radiation spike around when that dragon appeared? Maybe there are more of them. I hope so."
Character Sheet Combat Summary
ISP 72/76 | Active effects: Presence Sense (120 feet)
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1660
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Consumer »

Welcome to the Machine
Date Time Location Info wrote:Date: Day 63
Time: 0616 hours (6 hours passes by the end of this post)
Location: Sarik’s Port, Kar Tor Region, Bela”Kor III, Bela’Kor System, Central Alliance.
Weather: 52 degrees. Atmosphere is mildly toxic, low level rads, No precipitation.
Mission Notes

Bryke: No Skills Used.
Pertinax: No Skills Used.
Mungo: No Skills Used.
Glitch: No Skills Used.
Ultrix: [No Skills Used.
Quince: No Skills Used.
Barraketa: No Skills Used.


Mungo decides with a few hours to go and a long day already had, that a nap is in good order, using the boxes he conjured as makeshift bedding. A bit more grumbling about magic being used in situations without warning happens, while Pertinax asks a question of the captain.
Pertinax wrote:"How did you find out where the map is located? We have some time before reaching our destination, and I am curious."
Captain Hallistan speaks up. ”Well when we were given the job, all we had to go by was a name. Spent a few days on Center looking for info on it, found out that it was a human, and that they were long dead, but had living kin. Did a lot more digging over the course of several months, hopping from one back water to another following up leads until I found his great-great, several times over grandson, who did happen to have the named individual’s journals. From that I now knew generally where it was, but then had to find the final resting spot of the ship, which eventually led us here. All in all a time consuming and rather boring affair.” The old pirate says.

Barraketta and Glitch discuss the nature of his powers, while Bryke tries to hand his gun to a now sleeping Mungo, who doesn’t seem to pay any attention to the situation. All the while the skiff continues on its way. Eventually Bryke’s darkness spell wears off as does his flight which forces him to rejoin the group on the skiff. Several hours pass, and the skiff slows as it nears a canyon. Those who didn’t get sleep that naturally need it are very tired by this point having been up almost two days at this point. Even the Captain seems to have napped off for a while while standing at his post.

”Well we’re here, of a sort. Just gotta make a trip down into the depths of the canyon and onto the ship proper.” The Captain says, as he adjusts the skiffs heading and begins the descent into the narrow artificial rent. The Rogues can see layers of ship and mechanical debris stacked up over centuries, as the skiff barely is able to fit into the crevice. It’s now obvious why the skiff was needed as neither the Rogue or the Ghost would have fit in any fashion. The descent takes quite some time, and if one could gauge the depth, it is almost a mile deep by time the Captain levels out the skiff, and brings it to a stop. Ahead in the gloom is the half buried opening of a capital ship’s landing bay. ”Here we are, I’ll bring us in and we can make our way to the map.” The Captain says as he pulls the skiff into the small opening. Once past the initial blockage, the area opens up into a massive bay that could easily hold dozens of starfighters, or small transports. The bay is pitch black, and only those with visual enhancements can see anything at the moment. The skiff comes to a rest relatively close to the exit.

The bay seems littered with broken machinery and filth of centuries, and at the moment clear of any perceivable threats.

I’ll be working on a map for my next GM post. ~Consumer

Butcher’s Bill
Bryke: -12 I.S.P., -6 P.P.E., -1 use of Cosmic Armor.
Pertinax:
Mungo: -10 P.P.E.
Glitch:
Quince:
Barraketa:
Captain Hallistan:
Skiff:
The Rogue: 1 Token
The Ghost: 1 Token
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Quince
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:56 pm
Location: Phase World GR

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Quince »

Percep 39%: 1d100: [74] = 74
JIC: 1d20: [14] = 14 1d100: [76] = 76
Bryke wrote:He then is content to fly back behind the skiff until Quince "jumps up" blowing off some steam. He hovers higher above the skiff to where the bottom of the darkness is only at the teams heads.

"Who the phuck are you barking at little pup?" He says sternly to Quince.
Quince watches as the dark spot moves against the purple of the relatively lit night sky. Keep that mess away from me. I have not asked for it nor do I need you so called protection within it. When Bryke flies up to Mungo, Quince just sighs to himself as a good part of the skiff is once again cast into darkness. Then, when Bryke hovers above the skiff to tell him off, Quince just remains silent as he looks up at the center of the dark patch with a dull expression. Ah, yes. It so nice to work with some that doesn't consider the rest of their team before they act. And then gets uppity when they are told why what they did was a bad idea. Maybe I should check with Glitch and see if he wants to work as just a duo again. When Bryke moves away, Quince moves to an open part of the deck and lays down to rest.

Waking as the skiff starts to descend into the canyon made by the layers of debris and scrap, Quince positions himself near the middle of the skiff and watches as the Captain lands them in a rather large bay on the now long buried ship. When the darkness closes in on then, he asks, "Did anyone bring a light."
User avatar
Mungo
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:55 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Mungo »

JiC pp00200028330025002900201d100
JiC 1d20: [20] = 20
Perception vs 33% 1d100: [67] = 67
Conditions
P.P.E.: 161/186
M.D.C.: 33/33
Mage Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Armor of Ithan: 60/60 M.D.C. currently activated

Octoman Mage Armor, Enhanced
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50
Arms: 25 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 90
Weight: 22 lbs.
Modifiers: -5% to physical skills
Features:
TW Feature: Armor of Ithan, 60 M.D.C., 6 minutes, 10 P.P.E.
Mungo wakes up as they start the decent down into the canyon. He stands up and stretches himself out before settling down to his more usual standing height. Decent nap that. I could use a coffee right now though. He think as he scratches the back of his head and he watches the light from above fade away. "Whoa... I say, just how deep do we need to go?" Regardless of whether the captain answers he finds out eventually as thy bottom out and enter the bay.

"Gosh, look at the size and scope of this place! Any word on whose ship this was? I wonder who they were and how it ended up here. A pretty sad fate for a ship like this if you ask me. I bet the builders would to envisioned such a pitiful grave for, what was probably, the pride of a fleet. I'd love to know the series of unfortunate events that led to it being buried here."
Quince wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:06 am"Did anyone bring a light."
"Nope, but I've got something else that'll help." He answers and then casts a Lantern light spell (-1 p.p.e., 2.5 hours duration). A small sphere of light appears beside him and moves around at his command.

He then gets off the skiff and follows the captain towards the map.
Dice rolls
1d100: [71] = 71
User avatar
Barraketa
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue May 31, 2022 6:04 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Barraketa »

JiC 1d100: [84] = 84 | JiC 1d20: [12] = 12 | Perception vs 21% 1d100: [77] = 77

Barraketa has had time to sleep, so he is alert and on watch as the others rest. The long journey is interminably boring, but he purposely shuts off his optics, finding the descent into the darkness of the canyon fun and suspenseful, an exciting prelude to actual action, he hopes.

When they finally arrive at their destination, Barraketa's voice is gleeful, as he says, "Finally!" and hops down off the front of the skiff, to land among the wreckage of the cargo bay. Over his shoulder, he says, "Light just makes you a target." He looks around the area, switching between nightvision and thermo-imaging, inspecting carefully for a few moments. Then he heads off at a casual walk toward the deeper interior of the ship, Mungo's light shining on the back of his armor, weapons ready as ever.
Character Sheet Combat Summary
ISP 72/76 | Active effects: Presence Sense (120 feet)
User avatar
Bryke
Posts: 335
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:53 am
Contact:

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Bryke »

Perception: 34% 1d100: [91] = 91
JiC d20/d100: 1d20: [16] = 16 / 1d100: [75] = 75

Conditions:

Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Doesn't breathe air and is immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and has eagle-like normal vision.
Sixth Sense
HF 10

The Promethean holsters his Draygon rifle. After having tried to offer it to Mungo three times it seems apparent that Mungo does not want to use it.
Maybe he can't use e-rifles. Wonder why the guy ignored me though? Oh well.

When they are off the skiff and onto the ship Bryke Holsters his PH-400 Phase Beamer - servos quietly whirring on the back of his harness when accepting the load - and looks around for threats- especially any dimensional anomalies. He pulls the right PH-40 Phase Beamer, holding it close to his body, pointed down, finger straight and off the trigger. Finding none he moves toward an interior wall of the ship while asking Captain Hallistan a question, “Where to now? What are we keeping an eye out for?

Once Hallistan responds Bryke looks around again for any dimensional anomalies, and if he does not detect any,
Bryke touches the bulk head with his left hand activating: Object Read [Touch, 6 isp, varies 2d6 min, Impressions on the ship 75% 1d100: [65] = 65 /Images 67% 1d100: [64] = 64 / Present 57% 1d100: [85] = 85 ]
Line of Questioning: What happened here to leave it in such disarray? How long has the ship been here? Is the last owner alive? What happened here with Hallistan? Where did he spend most of his time? Who was/were the last person or person(s) here before us? And any thing else the ship wants to tell me?

Lastly without touching the bulkhead but being within the 5' range of it, Bryke begins walking the perimeter of the ship and activates: Telemechanics [Touch or up to 5' away, 24min, 10 isp] (focusing on schematic/layout of the ship, and which, if any, systems are still functional)

If Bryke does detect an entity, especially, or an anomaly, he does not touch anything, instead he alerts the group.
There are D.A.'s here- be on your guard.
OOC Comments
Natural Abilities
Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 83%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Ley Line Phasing: Equal to the ley line walker ability.


PPE: 266/266
ISP: 151/155
SDC: 634/634 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP: 171/171

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:

Call Names/Nicknames:
Bryke, Wraith
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1660
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Consumer »

Welcome to the Machine
Date Time Location Info wrote:Date: Day 63
Time: 0624 hours (8 minutes passes by the end of this post)
Location: Wreck of the Crucible, High Anchor, Telemon Rift, Miscordia Region, Bela”Kor III, Bela’Kor System, Central Alliance.
Weather: 52 degrees. Atmosphere is mildly toxic, low level rads, No precipitation.
Mission Notes

Bryke: No Skills Used.
Pertinax: No Skills Used.
Mungo: No Skills Used.
Glitch: No Skills Used.
Ultrix: [No Skills Used.
Quince: No Skills Used.
Barraketa: No Skills Used.


Quince is the first to hop off the skiff. His boots thudding in the largely hollow space. Even with his species natural ability to see in the dark it seems more than a little taxed as the only light at the moment comes from the low light of the controls of the skiff. This really limits his view of the area to a dozen feet or so around the skiff, but even in that shadowed darkness, he can see debris and cabling strewn about, along with a dusting of grime/dirt/dust.
Quince wrote:"Did anyone bring a light."
Mungo wrote:"Nope, but I've got something else that'll help."
Unlike a majority of the group, Mungo is absolutely blind down here, it gives him an almost genetic sense of dread of the deep dark seas his people likely came from. Almost as a response to Quince and a deep seated need, Mungo casts a simple cantrip bringing a shining beacon of light into view. While by most standards it is a dim light, in this place it even seems more faint due to how deep in the dark it is. That being considered it does allow Mungo and anyone else with difficulty seeing a better view of the area. Indeed, the landing deck is littered with debris, open panels, wires, the wrecks of long ruined vehicles. Across the bay a second entrance into the ship can be seen, save it’s blocked off by a near solid wall of debris, and offers no passage. A total of six doors are available on the fore and aft directions of the ship.
Mungo wrote:"Gosh, look at the size and scope of this place! Any word on whose ship this was? I wonder who they were and how it ended up here. A pretty sad fate for a ship like this if you ask me. I bet the builders would to envisioned such a pitiful grave for, what was probably, the pride of a fleet. I'd love to know the series of unfortunate events that led to it being buried here."
Baraketta makes a comment about light, but he had found himself just as blind as everyone else, Thermal Imaging showed him very little save the heat signatures of his companions and the skiff, who’s engines seem to be running hot after the ten plus hour trip. The rest of the area seems to be of a similar cool temperature, making any details vague at best. Once the Lantern Light is cast, he finally gets a decent view of the area. Hopping down from the skiff, his boots clank loudly on the metal deck plate.
Bryke wrote:Where to now? What are we keeping an eye out for?"
The Captain throws a few switches and the engines on the skiff go to standby. ”Now we look for the room the sailor hid the map in.” The Captain says, still keeping his knowledge close to his chest it seems.

Bryke decides to get an idea of the history of the ship, moving to one of the far walls and placing his hand on the bulkhead, he then begins to concentrate. (6 minutes) to receive visions of the ship’s owners, past, and present. (See DM) Once Bryke has cleared his head from the disjointed visions, he then makes a second bit of concentration, and floods his mind with the schematics of the ship, Bryke notes there is extensive damage, and that anything powered is currently not. Whether this info will help the Promethean is unknown.

Pertinax and Glitch step off the skiff, along with Captain Hallistan, his heavy boots also thudding on the deck plate. ”If the directions are accurate we’re midships right now, so we’re heading aft.” Captain Hallistan says to the group as he starts walking towards the aft entrances.

Likely there will not be a map of the whole ship, I will likely only put up tactical maps for combat, as the ship is enormous. ~Consumer

Butcher’s Bill
Bryke: -28 I.S.P., -6 P.P.E., -1 use of Cosmic Armor.
Pertinax:
Mungo: -11 P.P.E.
Glitch:
Quince:
Barraketa:
Captain Hallistan:
Skiff:
The Rogue: 1 Token
The Ghost: 1 Token
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Glitch
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:00 pm

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Glitch »

Perception: 1d100: [86] = 86 /49%
JiC: 1d100: [17] = 17 / 1d20: [6] = 6

Passive (Always On) Conditions: Modulating Voice Synthesizer (Glitch maintains a human-like voice that sounds like it has a little static from a radio in it) | Sensory Antenna (10 ft) | Clock Calendar | Internal Juke Box [Glitch adjusts his profile to play internally | All tech-based sensory equipment is -10% to track him

Active (Toggle) Conditions [Cycles every 1 minute as a foreground process, while actively engaged in conversations and not monitoring the surroundings]: Explosives Detector (12ft radius) | Bug Detector (60ft radius) | External Video and Audio Surveillance (EVAS) | Radar Detector (80%) | Radiation Detector (60ft radius; identifies all forms of radiation and their level of harm to organic/synthetic matter) | Forcefield [110/110 MDC] | Motion Detector and Warning System

Active Programs [as of boarding the skiff]: Technical, Computers | Military Intelligence Suite | Medical Basic | Wilderness Suite

Skill:
Prowl: 1d100: [86] = 86 /76% (Light step)
Detect Concealment: 1d100: [48] = 48 /68% (Looking for concealed traps, valuables or persons)
Detect Ambush: 1d100: [27] = 27 /75% (Choke points, hidden ambush points, any other signs of other life?)
Tracking (People): 1d100: [66] = 66 /80% (Tracking Hallistan's movements, the path he takes specifically, tells)
Intelligence: 1d100: [85] = 85 /95% (Studying the Captain, looking to identify suspicious behavior or lack thereof)

Post:

As the skiff nears the target location, Glitch's former conversational self is backlogged almost without warning as all of his processes focus on the mission at hand. Directive: Complete the primary mission; eliminate anything obstacle; observe allies... ... ... ;; scan for usable technologies. Glitch updates his current directive. Glitch cycles his advanced optics to find the most suitable layer to use passively. Relying on nightvision to start until the orb of light appears, allowing Glitch to return to his normal optics.

Glitch is about the answer the question about a light but instead allows his companion to illuminate the environment. Log: Mungo displays magical control. Do these organics even recognize how they tarnish the laws of logic. Glitch questions in his log, impressed and perturbed by the use of magic. Your mistrust in magic comes from a lack of understanding; recognize it not as breaking the laws of physics or logic and instead manipulating them. Ultrix states to Glitch, seeing the feed of the process in the murderbot's process as Glich's eye switches focus to Bryke. My mistrust is in organics and their ineptitude. To be given command over such ability is a power they are not worthy to wield. The organics break everything they touch. This place, left here and forgotten to rot the landscape. Could not this magic be used to better their existences? Instead it is squandered. Glitch retorts from his observations, questioning his guide. You are not incorrect. What would your response then? Ultrix asks as Glitch focuses from Bryke to Mungo. Observe. Break my code. Evolve. Adapt. Glitch answers as he moves his optics past the two and back onto the mission.
Hallistan wrote:”If the directions are accurate we’re midships right now, so we’re heading aft.”
Glitch looks towards the aft sections, does a physical check of his rifle and then activates his forcefield. Then turning to the aft direction, Glitch scans it as the Captain and others are walking towards it. Glitch opts to follow closely behind the captain, near the front of the pack, to best extend his sensor suite for any dormant traps or dangers. Glitch will move relatively silently. "If I say stop; stop." Glitch warns to everyone and will then just focus on the path before him.

Glitch will re-ping his sensor suite at every junction, room, or corner; checking for any explosive materials, radiation spikes, and also spooling his motion detector and warning system suite to pick up any motion that may be unseen to his optics but still leaving a physical 'trail' of sorts.


If Glitch gets a positive response from any of his sensors, he will immediately say "Stop." And point to the source of the ping and relay what it is if he knows.

If a hostile threat emerges, Glitch will be ready to engage with his rifle but will wait to open fire until legitimate danger is confirmed (ie, they shot at us, someone else shoots at them). [See Combat Contingency]


Combat:
APM: 7
Initiative: 1d20+5: [13]+5 = 18
Parries: 1d20+15: [7]+15 = 22 | 1d20+15: [6]+15 = 21 | 1d20+15: [1]+15 = 16 | 1d20+15: [9]+15 = 24 | 1d20+15: [5]+15 = 20 | 1d20+15: [14]+15 = 29 | 1d20+15: [15]+15 = 30

A1: Ranged Shot with NE-75H. Strike: 1d20+6: [19]+6 = 25 | DMG: (2d4*10)+20: [4, 1]*10 = 50
A2: Ranged Shot with NE-75H. Strike: 1d20+6: [11]+6 = 17 | DMG: (2d4*10)+20: [4, 2]*10 = 60
A3: Ranged Shot with NE-75H. Strike: 1d20+6: [14]+6 = 20 | DMG: (2d4*10)+20: [4, 3]*10 = 70
A4: Ranged Shot with NE-75H. Strike: 1d20+6: [12]+6 = 18 | DMG: (2d4*10)+20: [4, 4]*10 = 80
A5: Ranged Shot with NE-75H. Strike: 1d20+6: [16]+6 = 22 | DMG: (2d4*10)+20: [3, 4]*10 = 70

A6-7: Reserved for Dodge: 1d20+16: [9]+16 = 25 | 1d20+16: [5]+16 = 21
What happens when a being designed to follow orders and programmed to kill eliminates those they served? Who is giving them the orders now? Scariest version; they are.

Ultrix, the Altessan Eviscerator, to Glitch -- FF00FF
Glitch to Ultrix -- 8000BF
Internal command processes

M.D.C.: 220

Ultrix | MDC: 500 | DMG: 6d6 | Nano-Regen: 2d6/hr | Electrical Discharge: 4d6, 0-200' range.


Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Glitch | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Oren Exe (PW GA) | Sam Animus (PWVR) | Venenifer (Atlantis) | Ronan (SS)
User avatar
Quince
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:56 pm
Location: Phase World GR

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Quince »

Percep 39%: 1d100: [36] = 36
JIC: 1d20: [16] = 16 1d100: [99] = 99

Conditions:
Force Field: 160/160
ISP: 261/261

When Mungo summons the magical lantern light, Quince flinches back. Get yourself together Yes, its magic but he just gave you what you asked for, not like the other one who plunged several of his teammates and the Captain into blinding darkness without even asking. So keep it together.

As everyone waits for Bryke to fondle the ship, Quince turns on his forcefield and checks the placement of his pistols, All you have are these four. No reloads except with the Crystal bolt pistol. His thoughts shift a little, Light just makes you a target. Well what in the nine hells does stumbling around in the pitch black darkness do for you? These tough as nails mercs with all their wonderful insite and no idea or apparnet care of their teammates requirements.
Captain Hallistan wrote:”If the directions are accurate we’re midships right now, so we’re heading aft.”
Quince falls in with Captain Hallistan, Aft it is then. Will we have to move to a different level of the ship? Or does the happen to be on this level? Because my confidence that much of this ship survived is very low.
User avatar
Barraketa
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue May 31, 2022 6:04 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Barraketa »

Perception vs 21% 1d100: [52] = 52 | JiC 1d100: [53] = 53 | JiC 1d20: [15] = 15

Interesting, Barraketa thinks, switching his thermographics off and on. He's never seen a place so settled to ambient temperature. Maybe an incendiary shot would help, but it would probably be too much.

He settle for taking advantage of the light. If this place is so cool, it's probably empty. Unless... maybe there's one of those junk dragons here. He perks up at the thought, sharing his excitement aloud. "Do you think one of those dragons lives down here? That would be pretty great."

As the Promethean communes with the ship, Barraketa heads back to the center of the group, to stay at the Captain's side as they move forward, remembering his bodyguard duties. These new companions seem to have no ill intent, but better safe than sorry. He activates his Psionic senses, ready for anything.

OOC Comments
Activating Presence Sense
Last edited by Barraketa on Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Character Sheet Combat Summary
ISP 72/76 | Active effects: Presence Sense (120 feet)
User avatar
Pertinax
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:17 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Pertinax »

Perception (33%) 1d100: [4] = 4
JiC 1d20 /: [9] = 9 / 1d100: [45] = 45

Armor
Talisman of Armor of Ithan (Inactive)
Loksuit Power Armor - M.D.C. by location
  • Main Body - 115
  • Head/Helmet - 50
  • Arms - 50 each
  • Legs - 60 each
Black boots
Blue pants
Blue and orange hooded jacket

Weapon
Ripper vibro-knife
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)
Tarlok Sidewinder Plasma Cannon (15/15)

Skill rolls
Intelligence (76%) 1d100: [80] = 80 - Identify any details about the vehicles in the hangar

Pertinax follows the others off the skiff and on to the wrecked ship. On one hand, the sight of an ancient alien ship is inherently disorienting to a xenophobe like the tarlok. Normally, differences in ship design and technology can be brushed of as inferiorities of some kind (the aliens are less intelligent, compensating for physical defects, copied from the tarlok, etc.). But as far as Pertinax can see, this ship is just as sophisticated as whatever the tarlok can produce but much older. To see it in such a wrecked state is to realize how small the Tarlok Empire, in all its glory, really is.To think this happened when the Tarlok Empire was still only forming on Vuulok. Behold! The technology of the ancients, in all its detritus.

But the dreadmaster is at home in the unknown. He was regularly sent to explore alien territory in order to gather intelligence, steal technology (which Pertinax would point is wholly different from when aliens copied tarlok innovations), sow discord, and lay the foundation for an invasion. He swallows his arrogance and keeps focused on the mission. He turns off the night vision on his loksuit when Mungo releases a beacon of light. He takes the time to study the vehicles more carefully.
Mungo wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:44 am"Gosh, look at the size and scope of this place! Any word on whose ship this was? I wonder who they were and how it ended up here. A pretty sad fate for a ship like this if you ask me. I bet the builders would to envisioned such a pitiful grave for, what was probably, the pride of a fleet. I'd love to know the series of unfortunate events that led to it being buried here."
Pertinax silently nods as he gets closer to the vessels. He looks to see if he recognizes some basic features: where they designed for land, sea, or air; military, transport, or 'other'; individual drivers or piloting crews; do they reveal anything about the aliens that used them, and so on. He wonders what threats the Rogues can expect. Will they be from the ship's internal security, or would it rival treasure hunters. He takes one look back towards where the entered the ship, half expecting the crew of the scrow they encountered earlier to walk in.
Quince wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:06 pm"Aft it is then. Will we have to move to a different level of the ship? Or does the happen to be on this level? Because my confidence that much of this ship survived is very low."
"The ship feels structurally sound for the moment. It feels less like it is deteriorating and more like it is being absorbed into the planet."
Barraketa wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:28 am"Do you think one of those dragons lives down here? That would be pretty great."
Pertinax lowers his weapon and gives the newcomer a puzzled look, not that Barraketa would notice behind the loksuit's helmet. "I would rather face 200 'festive' spurbulls than one of those things nesting in this derelict hulk." He shoulders his weapon and follows Hallistan into the rear of the ship.
Pertinax
M.D.C.: 348 | P.P.E.: 11 | I.S.P.: 133
User avatar
Bryke
Posts: 335
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:53 am
Contact:

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Bryke »

Perception: 34% 1d100: [84] = 84
JiC d20/d100: 1d20: [13] = 13 / 1d100: [79] = 79

Conditions:

Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligences and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Doesn't breathe air and is immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and has eagle-like normal vision.
Sixth Sense
HF 10

Conditions:
Telemechanics [16 min]

The Promethean relays what he gleaned from the reading of the ship, in as best detail as he can, while falling in the rear of their pseudo patrol with Captain Hallistan:

"Please interject if you know more than this, or if anything comes to mind while I relay what I saw. We are in a warship, and the last person to have ownership of it was not one of the good guys or gals or whatever. I got the impression that that person was also somewhere between alive and dead... possibly undead- stay sharp. I saw a shadowy silhouette of several humans in crisp white uniforms. A view screen as laser batteries fire on an unknown ship, fires blazing from damage to the hull. A group of worried looking humans in military uniforms. Another glimpse of a control panel, and a shadowy image of a humanoid moving away from it. There was screaming, airlocks opening, venting atmosphere. Someone in a spacesuit took a laser cutter to a control panel. Then the ship slowly decays until eventually all the systems go dark."

He looks briefly toward Mungo after saying this, then goes back to looking around the ship and seeing in his minds eye the layout of the ship and especially the "aft" portion(s).

He activates his heavy forcefield, and pulls the left phase beamer, holding it near his midsection in the same manner as his right.

I wouldnt doubt that there are some surprises down here that might prove... unwelcoming ...

He asks Hallistan as they walk, "Do you know for certain where it was hidden and you are not saying for whatever reason, or do you know only second hand where it was hidden? I am asking if you have had actual eyes on it where it is resting now?"
OOC Comments
Natural Abilities
Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 83%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Ley Line Phasing: Equal to the ley line walker ability.


PPE: 266/266
ISP: 151/155
SDC: 634/634 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP: 171/171

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:

Call Names/Nicknames:
Bryke, Wraith
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1660
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Consumer »

Welcome to the Machine
Date Time Location Info wrote:Date: Day 63
Time: 0634 hours (10 minutes passes by the end of this post)
Location: Wreck of the Crucible, Telemon Rift, Miscordia Region, Bela”Kor III, Bela’Kor System, Central Alliance.
Weather: 52 degrees. Atmosphere is mildly toxic, low level rads, No precipitation.
Mission Notes
Image



Bryke: No Skills Used.
Pertinax: Intelligence (Identify any details about the vehicles in the hangar): They are too far corroded and demolished to make an easy assessment of.
Mungo: No Skills Used.
Glitch: Prowl (Light step): Thinks they’re being stealthy enough.
Detect Concealment (Looking for concealed traps, valuables or persons): None noticed so far.
Detect Ambush (Choke points, hidden ambush points, any other signs of other life?): This whole wreck is a bounty of potential ambush points, but nothing immediately pops out.
Tracking (People) (Tracking Hallistan's movements, the path he takes specifically, tells): Done.
Intelligence (Studying the Captain, looking to identify suspicious behavior or lack thereof): Barely have a basis to make any assumptions about the man.
Ultrix: [No Skills Used.
Quince: No Skills Used.
Barraketa: No Skills Used.



Glitch has a whole conversation with his sword, mentally of course, while watching the surroundings, before checking his gear and activating his force field. Glitch tries to keep a heavy scan ahead of the group, but the relatively short range of his sensors makes it a challenge as he either needs to be up front or right being the captain to keep up with the situation.

Meanwhile Quince has a moment of contemplation about magic and its use, before speak towards the captain.
Quince wrote:Aft it is then. Will we have to move to a different level of the ship? Or does the happen to be on this level? Because my confidence that much of this ship survived is very low.
Pertinax wrote:"The ship feels structurally sound for the moment. It feels less like it is deteriorating and more like it is being absorbed into the planet."
Captain Hallistan nods. ”Likely, the crew berthings cover three or four levels. Lots of ship to go through till that point. As for the ship’s survival…” The Captain lets out a mirthless chuckle. ”We’re in it’s corpse, who knows what has happened to it during its half a millenia here.” The Captain says.

Barraketa takes a few moments to geek out about the locale they’re in before making a comment.
Barraketa wrote:"Do you think one of those dragons lives down here? That would be pretty great."
Pertinax wrote:"I would rather face 200 'festive' spurbulls than one of those things nesting in this derelict hulk."

The Captain shakes his head. ”I hope not, they’re not easy to take down.” The Captain says dourly.

Pertinax looks over the wreckage and has some thoughts about ancient technology and its place in the Tarlok empire. But in the end he has trouble identifying any actual features of the wrecks in the landing bay as they are near the point of utter collapse.
Bryke wrote:"Please interject if you know more than this, or if anything comes to mind while I relay what I saw. We are in a warship, and the last person to have ownership of it was not one of the good guys or gals or whatever. I got the impression that that person was also somewhere between alive and dead... possibly undead- stay sharp. I saw a shadowy silhouette of several humans in crisp white uniforms. A view screen as laser batteries fire on an unknown ship, fires blazing from damage to the hull. A group of worried looking humans in military uniforms. Another glimpse of a control panel, and a shadowy image of a humanoid moving away from it. There was screaming, airlocks opening, venting atmosphere. Someone in a spacesuit took a laser cutter to a control panel. Then the ship slowly decays until eventually all the systems go dark."
The Captain shrugs. ”Sounds like some of the details I’ve learned of the Crucible.” The Captain says, but adds no further.

Bryke readies his gun and activates his force field.
Bryke wrote:"Do you know for certain where it was hidden and you are not saying for whatever reason, or do you know only second hand where it was hidden? I am asking if you have had actual eyes on it where it is resting now?"
The Captain again shrugs. ”What certainty do I have on an object that was hidden over five hundred years ago.. Did you not listen when I explained how I found out where it might be? No I have not laid eyes on it, If I had, I would have it in my possession already.” The Captain says.

Mungo seems quiet for the moment.

The group makes its way through the port side entrance to the aft section of the ship. A cursory glance as the crew walks shows an effort was made to strip the ship of valuable/useful parts before she was discarded in her grave. Waste not want not seemed to be the mantra of the day for the humans who scrapped her.

The going is slow, as the Captain seems to be referencing some manner of directions internally as he leads the group through the sometimes twisted wreckage. Until the crew comes upon a situation. The hall is blocked with broken girders and plates, with no immediate reroute.

”So either we’re gonna have to backtrack, or we’re gonna have to find a way through.” Captain Hallistan says. This is punctuated by warning signals and psychic tingles (Motion Sensors and Sixth Sense). Something/s is approaching.

Likely there will not be a map of the whole ship, I will likely only put up tactical maps for combat, as the ship is enormous. ~Consumer

Butcher’s Bill
Bryke: -28 I.S.P., -6 P.P.E., -1 use of Cosmic Armor.
Pertinax:
Mungo: -11 P.P.E.
Glitch:
Quince:
Barraketa:
Captain Hallistan:
Skiff:
The Rogue: 1 Token
The Ghost: 1 Token
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Barraketa
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue May 31, 2022 6:04 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Barraketa »

Perception vs 21% 1d100: [77] = 77 | JiC 1d100: [45] = 45 | JiC 1d20: [6] = 6

Barraketa shrugs at the non-plussed response to his comment about facing a dragon. He follows the group, wondering idly what festive spurbulls are. Sounds like something edible, but that can't be right. He follows the captain, watching his back, looking around as they move through the ship, trying to memorize their path so he can return if he has to.

As they stop at the hallway blockage, he moves forward, inspecting the hallway full of debris. "I could blast a way through for us. If you think the ship has the structural integrity for it."


Active Effects: Presence Sense
Character Sheet Combat Summary
ISP 72/76 | Active effects: Presence Sense (120 feet)
User avatar
Glitch
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:00 pm

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Glitch »

Perception: 1d100: [54] = 54 /49%
JiC: 1d100: [82] = 82 / 1d20: [18] = 18

Passive (Always On) Conditions: Modulating Voice Synthesizer (Glitch maintains a human-like voice that sounds like it has a little static from a radio in it) | Sensory Antenna (10 ft) | Clock Calendar | Internal Juke Box [Glitch adjusts his profile to play internally | All tech-based sensory equipment is -10% to track him

Active (Toggle) Conditions [Cycles every 1 minute as a foreground process, while actively engaged in conversations and not monitoring the surroundings]: Explosives Detector (12ft radius) | Bug Detector (60ft radius) | External Video and Audio Surveillance (EVAS) | Radar Detector (80%) | Radiation Detector (60ft radius; identifies all forms of radiation and their level of harm to organic/synthetic matter) | Forcefield [110/110 MDC] | Motion Detector and Warning System

Active Programs [as of boarding the skiff]: Technical, Computers | Military Intelligence Suite | Medical Basic | Wilderness Suite

Skill:
Prowl: 1d100: [27] = 27 /76% (Stepping against debris, obscuring any visual on him)
Detect Concealment: 1d100: [17] = 17 /68% (Looking for concealed persons)
Detect Ambush: 1d100: [41] = 41 /75% (Most likely ambush point based on target last known location)

Post:

Glitch studies Hallistan and maps the path the group has been taking, ensuring they can make their way out. Threat Analysis: High. This entire place is a wreck that can contain countless concealed locations and ambush points. Will track most efficient debris to use as cover as we go should combat be engaged. Glitch logs to himself. Glitch listens too but doesn't add to any of the conversations.
Barraketa wrote:"I could blast a way through for us. If you think the ship has the structural integrity for it."
The moment Glitch's early warning systems ping another moving signal approaching them, Glitch will level his weapon. "Hold. You may have your chance. I have movement confirmed within 40 feet of us and is approaching, location currently unknown. Contact within sixty to ninety seconds." Glitch explains, calculating the distance of the ping, its speed and making a rough guess and pointing in the direction he expects. "Do you want to wait and see if these are friendly as well?" Glitch pointedly asks Hallistan before moving to cover.

Glitch will only fire when hostility has been confirmed, however he will immediately begin to sink against a piece of debris to use as cover from the direction of the target. His faithful rifle will be set against the Debris as Glitch intends to blend with the debris.


Combat:
APM: 7
Initiative: 1d20+5: [7]+5 = 12
Parries: 1d20+15: [5]+15 = 20 | 1d20+15: [1]+15 = 16 | 1d20+15: [18]+15 = 33 | 1d20+15: [15]+15 = 30 | 1d20+15: [15]+15 = 30 | 1d20+15: [9]+15 = 24 | 1d20+15: [18]+15 = 33

A1: Ranged Shot with NE-75H. Strike: 1d20+6: [4]+6 = 10 | DMG: (2d4*10)+20: [2, 2]*10 = 40
A2: Ranged Shot with NE-75H. Strike: 1d20+6: [4]+6 = 10 | DMG: (2d4*10)+20: [2, 1]*10 = 30
A3: Ranged Shot with NE-75H. Strike: 1d20+6: [10]+6 = 16 | DMG: (2d4*10)+20: [2, 1]*10 = 30
A4: Ranged Shot with NE-75H. Strike: 1d20+6: [11]+6 = 17 | DMG: (2d4*10)+20: [4, 2]*10 = 60
A5: Ranged Shot with NE-75H. Strike: 1d20+6: [5]+6 = 11 | DMG: (2d4*10)+20: [3, 2]*10 = 50

A6-7: Reserved for Dodge: 1d20+16: [17]+16 = 33 | 1d20+16: [16]+16 = 32
What happens when a being designed to follow orders and programmed to kill eliminates those they served? Who is giving them the orders now? Scariest version; they are.

Ultrix, the Altessan Eviscerator, to Glitch -- FF00FF
Glitch to Ultrix -- 8000BF
Internal command processes

M.D.C.: 220

Ultrix | MDC: 500 | DMG: 6d6 | Nano-Regen: 2d6/hr | Electrical Discharge: 4d6, 0-200' range.


Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Glitch | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Oren Exe (PW GA) | Sam Animus (PWVR) | Venenifer (Atlantis) | Ronan (SS)
User avatar
Quince
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:56 pm
Location: Phase World GR

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Quince »

Percep 39%: 1d100: [3] = 3
JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 1d100: [29] = 29

Conditions:
Force Field: 160/160
ISP: 261/259
Sixth Sense

Captian wrote:”So either we’re gonna have to backtrack, or we’re gonna have to find a way through.”
Barraketa wrote:"I could blast a way through for us. If you think the ship has the structural integrity for it."
Quince looks at the mess in front of them and turns to the group, "I'm thinking we should double back and find a different way through, after all, we have no way to tell how thick this debris is."

When Glitch gives the warning about an incoming contact, Quince says, "A hall is a hall, though I suggest that we move back to the doors so that we're not bottle necked here up against the blocked corridor." He draws his Phase Beamer as he starts to work his way back up the hall to where the junction is with the two doors. Best to use this handy pistol. I'm pretty sure putting more holes in these walls is going to be as bad for our health as whatever it is that is headed our way.

Quince suddenly starts to glance around, "Something is coming or about to happen. Be on your toes." He looks over at Mungo and winks. He hurries to get to the junction with the doors so that he won't be trapped in the blocked hall.

If something aggressive appears, Quince will fire on it with the phase beamer.
Init: 1d20+3: [16]+3 = 19 +6=25
1. Strike 1d20+2: [13]+2 = 15 Dmg: 3d6: [3, 5, 5] = 13 or 4d6: [5, 4, 1, 5] = 15 MD
2. Strike 1d20+2: [20]+2 = 22 Dmg: 3d6: [4, 6, 3] = 13 *2=26 or 4d6: [6, 5, 2, 6] = 19 *2= 38 MD
3. Strike 1d20+2: [8]+2 = 10 Dmg: 3d6: [3, 6, 2] = 11 or 4d6: [4, 1, 2, 3] = 10 MD
4. Strike 1d20+2: [13]+2 = 15 Dmg: 3d6: [3, 1, 6] = 10 or 4d6: [1, 5, 4, 2] = 12 MD

Dodge(+3)/Parry(+2) if needed: 1d20: [5] = 5 , 1d20: [11] = 11 , 1d20: [19] = 19 , 1d20: [7] = 7
Last edited by Quince on Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
User avatar
Pertinax
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:17 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Pertinax »

Perception (33%) 1d100: [11] = 11
JiC 1d20 /: [5] = 5 / 1d100: [23] = 23

Armor
Talisman of Armor of Ithan (Inactive)
Loksuit Power Armor - M.D.C. by location
  • Main Body - 115
  • Head/Helmet - 50
  • Arms - 50 each
  • Legs - 60 each
Black boots
Blue pants
Blue and orange hooded jacket

Weapon
Ripper vibro-knife
Loksuit retractable vibro-sword
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)
Tarlok Sidewinder Plasma Cannon (15/15)

Psionics
Sixth Sense (-2 I.S.P.): +6 initiative, +2 parry, +3 dodge for first melee round
Extended Presence Sense (-8 I.S.P./71%) 1d100: [21] = 21 range - 55 feet; 14:00/14:00
Intuitive Combat (-10 I.S.P.): +3 initiative, +1 strike, +1 parry, +4 dodge, +4 pull punch, +2 roll w/ punch, +2 disarm; 3:30/3:30
Total I.S.P. spent: 20
Combat Rolls
APM: 8
Initiative 1d20+14: [11]+14 = 25
Actions
1. Shoot Sidewinder: strike 1d20+6: [19]+6 = 25 (crit. strike) /damage 4d6+3: [2, 1, 6, 1]+3 = 13 x2 = 26 M.D.
2. Shoot Sidewinder: strike 1d20+6: [20]+6 = 26 (crit. strike) /damage 4d6+3: [1, 1, 5, 6]+3 = 16 x2 = 32 M.D.
3. Shoot Sidewinder: strike 1d20+6: [17]+6 = 23 /damage 4d6+3: [5, 5, 3, 2]+3 = 18 M.D.
4. Shoot Sidewinder: strike 1d20+6: [10]+6 = 16 /damage 4d6+3: [6, 1, 3, 5]+3 = 18 M.D.
5. Shoot Sidewinder: strike 1d20+6: [13]+6 = 19 /damage 4d6+3: [1, 1, 4, 2]+3 = 11 M.D.
6. Shoot Sidewinder: strike 1d20+6: [8]+6 = 14 /damage 4d6+3: [3, 4, 3, 3]+3 = 16 M.D.
7. Shoot Sidewinder: strike 1d20+6: [3]+6 = 9 /damage 4d6+3: [1, 4, 4, 2]+3 = 14 M.D.
8. Shoot Sidewinder: strike 1d20+6: [20]+6 = 26 (crit. strike) /damage 4d6+3: [2, 5, 5, 5]+3 = 20 x2 = 40M.D.
Contingencies
1. Drop Sidewinder and activate retractable vibro-sword
2. Attack anything close with vibro-sword: strike 1d20+5: [8]+5 = 13 /damage 3d6: [2, 4, 3] = 9 M.D.
3. Attack anything close with vibro-sword: strike 1d20+5: [18]+5 = 23 /damage 3d6: [1, 6, 5] = 12 M.D.
4. Attack anything close with vibro-sword: strike 1d20+5: [10]+5 = 15 /damage 3d6: [6, 5, 2] = 13 M.D.
5. Attack anything close with vibro-sword: strike 1d20+5: [18]+5 = 23 /damage 3d6: [3, 2, 2] = 7 M.D.
6. Attack anything close with vibro-sword: strike 1d20+5: [4]+5 = 9 /damage 3d6: [6, 2, 5] = 13 M.D.
7. Attack anything close with vibro-sword: strike 1d20+5: [15]+5 = 20 /damage 3d6: [6, 6, 3] = 15 M.D.
8. Attack anything close with vibro-sword: strike 1d20+5: [15]+5 = 20 /damage 3d6: [6, 1, 2] = 9 M.D.
Parry rolls
1. 1d20+3: [1]+3 = 4 ; 2. 1d20+3: [6]+3 = 9 ; 3. 1d20+3: [15]+3 = 18 ; 4. 1d20+3: [15]+3 = 18 ; 5. 1d20+3: [6]+3 = 9 ; 6. 1d20+3: [8]+3 = 11 ; 7. 1d20+3: [15]+3 = 18 ; 8. 1d20+3: [4]+3 = 7
When the Rogues reach the end of the corridor, Pertinax walks up to the wreckage and places a hand on it. He tries to peer into its depths to find out how thick it is. It is a wasted effort; the lights from his loksuit cannot find a clear path to the other side. How do you expect to burrow through this?
Hallistan wrote:"So either we’re gonna have to backtrack, or we’re gonna have to find a way through."
Barraketa wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:49 am"I could blast a way through for us. If you think the ship has the structural integrity for it."
Quince wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:02 pm"I'm thinking we should double back and find a different way through, after all, we have no way to tell how thick this debris is."
"I concur with Quince," Pertinax adds. "We do not know how thick this debris is. And blasting it may cause this hallway to collapse." The dreadmaster starts to walk back in the other direction when he senses incoming danger. He is not the only one.
Glitch wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:36 pm"Hold. You may have your chance. I have movement confirmed within 40 feet of us and is approaching, location currently unknown. Contact within sixty to ninety seconds."
Pertinax closes his eyes and uses his psionic abilities to sense the presence of other life forms or beings. He tries to pinpoint their location, and how they are moving as well. If they are moving aggressively, he will perceive them as threats. If he can, he reports this information to the others. "I can feel them. There are..."
Glitch wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:36 pm"Do you want to wait and see if these are friendly as well?"
Quince wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:02 pm"A hall is a hall, though I suggest that we move back to the doors so that we're not bottle necked here up against the blocked corridor."
"I sense that they are threats," Pertinax says shouldering his weapon. "We must prepare for violence." You tried so hard to avoid killing, and look now. Ready for a brawl at the first sense of danger. You have the tactics of a common lokdog.

Pertinax holds his fire until whatever approaches proves to be a threat. For example, if it's a horde of rogue security bots (Glitch withstanding) or zombies, then he will open fire using his Sidewinder cannon. If it's a group of sentient beings, he will hold fire until they attack first. If the enemies get too close he will immediately drop his weapon and draw his fore-arm vibro-sword, using that to slash at anything that gets close.
Pertinax
M.D.C.: 348 | P.P.E.: 11 | I.S.P.: 133
User avatar
Bryke
Posts: 335
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:53 am
Contact:

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Bryke »

Perception: 34% 1d100: [41] = 41
JiC d20/d100: 1d20: [8] = 8 / 1d100: [99] = 99

Conditions:
Heavy Forcefield: toggled on
Sixth Sense

Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Doesn't breathe air and is immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and has eagle-like normal vision.
Sixth Sense
HF 10

The Promethean, gets an inkling that death has come to knock at the door. He therefore immediately goes to scanning the area, He activates: Suppress Fear [8ppe/7min], casts Armor of Ithan [10ppe/70mdc] and speaks a cryptic warning to the group loud enough that everyone can hear but does not yell, "Death comes, gird yourselves." He is noticeably agitated and on edge, but ready to fight.

What could this be? Hallistan must have known- maybe that there was something just not what exactly.
OOC Comments
Natural Abilities
Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 83%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Ley Line Phasing: Equal to the ley line walker ability.


PPE: 266/266
ISP: 151/155
SDC: 634/634 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP: 171/171

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:

Call Names/Nicknames:
Bryke, Wraith
User avatar
Mungo
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:55 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Mungo »

JiC 1d100: [63] = 63
JiC 1d20: [17] = 17
Perception vs 33% 1d100: [12] = 12
Conditions
P.P.E.: 91/186, includes -10 for AoI and -60 for Mystic Portal this round.
M.D.C.: 33/33
Mage Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Armor of Ithan: 60/60 M.D.C. currently activated

Octoman Mage Armor, Enhanced
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50
Arms: 25 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 90
Weight: 22 lbs.
Modifiers: -5% to physical skills
Features:
TW Feature: Armor of Ithan, 60 M.D.C., 6 minutes, 10 P.P.E.
Mungo follows along with the as they make their way through the carcass of this enormous ship. He sniffs the stale air. Yes, smells like treachery and ambush to me. How very dramatic! As he follows along and listens to the others, particularly Hallistan, an odd idea starts to form in his head. Captain Hallistan... Captain... I wonder who the Captain of this ship was? Bryke said in his cryptic-vision-thingo the 'owner' was not alive, nor dead. Maybe it is robot, a borg or similiar perhaps, just like the follow leading us?

"Hallistan, could you be a darling and tell me exactly how old are you? I want to use you as inspiration for a character in a play I'm writing and that little tid-bit could add be the nugget I need to really get my creative juices flowing." He asks in a cheerful and playful tone.

When they reach the blocked passage Mungo frowns when the others warn of impending danger and doom.

"Gosh, are you not all a bunch of worry warts? Here I was thinking that I was the drama queen of our merry little band of malcontents." He joshes gently, while activating his Armor of Ithan enchant, just to be safe (-10 p.p.e). He makes his way through the group and to the blockage.

"Hmmm, Yes, we appear to be at a dead end. However, I think I'll just have a wee look see at what is on the other side. I do find backtracking to be annoying as shite." He casts Mystic Portal (-60 p.p.e) at the edge of the blockage and looks down the portal at what may be on the other end. He squints into the darkness.

"Anyone make out what is at the other end?"

if it looks safe-ish he will urge the others through and then follow himself, if not he'll follow the others and get ready for some kind of encounter.
User avatar
Bryke
Posts: 335
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:53 am
Contact:

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Bryke »

Rolls Held Over

Perception: 34% [roll]1d100[/roll]
JiC d20/d100: [roll]1d20[/roll] / [roll]1d100[/roll]

Conditions:
Heavy Force Field: [110 mdc, 7hours remaining]

Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Doesn't breathe air and is immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and has eagle-like normal vision.
Sixth Sense
HF 10

The Promethean Casts:
Range: Area effect; 30 feet (9. 1 m) per level of experience.
Duration: One minute (4 melee rounds) plus.
Saving Throw: None, unless a fellow Temporal being (standard).
P.P.E.: Forty-Five for one minute, add 1 0 P.P.E. for each additional minute (no limit).

The spell caster affects the space-time continuum of a particular area and slows the time and corresponding speed and movement of all creatures in that area, except himself This gives him a dramatic edge in combat and sleight of hand skills. The concept behind the spell is that everybody around the spell caster moves slower (although they see their movement as normal), while he moves faster.

Bonuses: During the slow motion time warp, the spell caster is effectively + 1 to strike, +3 to parry and to dodge, +4 on initiative, + 10% on Pick Pocket, Pick Locks, Palming and Computer Operation, +10 on speed and has one additional melee action/attack.
[ppe 45 | 1 action | 210 foot radius around him]

Now that is very useful... He thinks while looking through "Mungo's Mystic(al) Portal" remaining alert.
OOC Comments
That is a great name for something magical lol or "hokey" or even "perverse-ly funny" lolol (like the image - "smelling a tentacle"). 'It'll keep and keep and keep.' -Cook from Atlantis
I'll ask Mungo for help with a little project we'll call, "Window... to... Eternity?" hmm maybe not that.

Bryke looks through the Mystic Portal for a mental count of 2, from whereever he is, then turns back to looking around for danger- still alert to the surroundings - he counts mentally for 3 while looking around, then back to the portal, mental count of 2- rinse and repeat.

The Wyzard sounds off what he sees- if anything at all.

Contingencies
If he is at an angle that he can not see through the portal, Bryke moves quickly to where he can see, while still trying to be at an angle to defend against whatever is coming.
OOC Comments
Natural Abilities
Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 83%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Ley Line Phasing: Equal to the ley line walker ability.


PPE: 266/266
ISP: 151/155
SDC: 634/634 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP: 171/171

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:

Call Names/Nicknames:
Bryke, Wraith
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1660
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Consumer »

Welcome to the Machine
Date Time Location Info wrote:Date: Day 63
Time: 0634 hours (30 seconds pass by the end of this post)
Location: Wreck of the Crucible, Telemon Rift, Miscordia Region, Bela”Kor III, Bela’Kor System, Central Alliance.
Weather: 52 degrees. Atmosphere is mildly toxic, low level rads, No precipitation.
Mission Notes

Bryke: No Skills Used.
Pertinax: Extended Presence Sense (Near within/40 ft, 32 targets, Medium)
Mungo: No Skills Used.
Glitch: Prowl (Stepping against debris, obscuring any visual on him): Glitch thinks he’s being stealthy.
Detect Concealment (Looking for concealed persons): Looks clear.
Detect Ambush (Most likely ambush point based on target last known location): Either the two doors behind the group, or out of the walls themselves.
Ultrix: [No Skills Used.
Quince: No Skills Used.
Barraketa: Presence Sense (Near, Many, Medium)


Barraketta notes that the group could blast it’s way through the debris, at least in theory. Glitch interrupts the thought by informing the whole group he senses something moving towards them, but can only guess that they’re close. Quince suggested going with the backtrack, but is also noting that something intends harm towards himself. Pertinax agrees with Quince about blasting, and confirms not only that something is coming, but with a few uses of his mental powers can determine that there are approximately thirty plus targets approaching, Barraketa mentally notes that many things approach.

Bryke casts a few spells, and delivers a cryptic warning. Mungo asks Hallistan a personal question, but with all the warnings, it doesn’t get answered immediately. Mungo activates his armor’s defenses, before offering to peek through the debris. It takes Mungo a few seconds to channel the spell, which doesn’t seem to have any effect. (Debris field is too thick) Meanwhile Bryke casts yet another spell and the world seems to slow down for him, while to everyone else he seems to move faster.

Hallistan for his part shakes his head. ”Maybe I’ll answer the personal questions when we’re done here Mungo.” The Captain says as he pulls his thick coat open allowing him easier access to his pistol and sword, but he only rests his hands on them.

Several long moments pass before the sound of skittering can be heard, this is quickly followed by plates in the floor and walls popping free, and a collection of dog sized lizard-like creatures begin pouring out from the northern side of the hall, all but blocking the Rogues into the hall. The lizards are pale scaled, with large eyes. Their mouths are full of needle like teeth.


Combat Posts

All spells and powers activated as intended. P.P.E. and I.S.P. deducted.

I did not use the posted combat posts, as half the group did not post for combat. If you want to use your previous post that is fine, or you are free to make new combat decisions. ~Consumer

Likely there will not be a map of the whole ship, I will likely only put up tactical maps for combat, as the ship is enormous. ~Consumer

Butcher’s Bill
Bryke: -30 I.S.P., -69 P.P.E., -1 use of Cosmic Armor.
Pertinax: -20 I.S.P.
Mungo: -81 P.P.E.
Glitch:
Quince: -2 I.S.P.
Barraketa: -4 I.S.P.
Captain Hallistan:
Skiff:
The Rogue: 1 Token
The Ghost: 1 Token
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Pertinax
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:17 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Pertinax »

Perception (33%) 1d100: [48] = 48
JiC 1d20: [15] = 15 / 1d100: [52] = 52

Armor
Talisman of Armor of Ithan (Inactive)
Loksuit Power Armor - M.D.C. by location
  • Main Body - 115
  • Head/Helmet - 50
  • Arms - 50 each
  • Legs - 60 each
Black boots
Blue pants
Blue and orange hooded jacket

Weapon
Ripper vibro-knife
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)
Tarlok Sidewinder Plasma Cannon (15/15)

Psionics
Sixth Sense (-2 I.S.P.): +6 initiative, +2 parry, +3 dodge for first melee round
Extended Presence Sense (-8 I.S.P./71%) 1d100 range - 55 feet; 13:30/14:00
Intuitive Combat (-10 I.S.P.): +3 initiative, +1 strike, +1 parry, +4 dodge, +4 pull punch, +2 roll w/ punch, +2 disarm; 3:00/3:30
Total I.S.P. spent: 20

<Combat rolls carry>

As signs of life skitter towards the Rogues, Pertinax falls back on his base instincts and prepares for combat. Any pangs of guilt he might have felt about resorting to violence so quickly vanish at the sight of a horde of lizards charging at them. He doesn't need to know what they are, or where they come from, or even what they eat; he is going to destroy them all.

He lines his plasma cannon carefully, picking a single target There are too many of them moving too fast for you to count. But Pertinax finds his targets, and the first two even go right for the head of creatures. He does not take the time to appreciate his marksmanship. The horde keeps pressing forward. When the lizards get too close, he drops his sidewinder and draws his loksuit's vibro-sword. He thrusts his blade into one lizard with a satisfied grunt.

"We must press forward, we cannot let them crush us against the debris."
Pertinax
M.D.C.: 348 | P.P.E.: 11 | I.S.P.: 133
User avatar
Glitch
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:00 pm

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Glitch »

Perception: 1d100: [52] = 52 /49%
JiC: 1d100: [80] = 80 / 1d20: [19] = 19

Passive (Always On) Conditions: Modulating Voice Synthesizer (Glitch maintains a human-like voice that sounds like it has a little static from a radio in it) | Sensory Antenna (10 ft) | Clock Calendar | Internal Juke Box [Glitch adjusts his profile to play internally | All tech-based sensory equipment is -10% to track him

Active (Toggle) Conditions [Cycles every 1 minute as a foreground process, while actively engaged in conversations and not monitoring the surroundings]: Explosives Detector (12ft radius) | Bug Detector (60ft radius) | External Video and Audio Surveillance (EVAS) | Radar Detector (80%) | Radiation Detector (60ft radius; identifies all forms of radiation and their level of harm to organic/synthetic matter) | Forcefield [110/110 MDC] | Motion Detector and Warning System

Active Programs [as of boarding the skiff]: Technical, Computers | Military Intelligence Suite | Medical Basic | Wilderness Suite

Skill:
Prowl: 1d100: [78] = 78 /76% (Avoid being a target, soft step.)

Ultrix, Lore, Demons and Monsters: 1d100: [91] = 91 /98% (What is it, how deadly is it, how easily does it die)
Ultrix, Lore, Galactic Aliens: 1d100: [51] = 51 /98% (What is it, how deadly is it, how easily does it die)

Post:

The sight of the raptor-like lizards causes Glitch's iris to refocus and adjust on the new threat. Threat Observation: Unknown Reptilian Omnivore | Pale Skin | Large Eyes | Average length: 30"-36" | Average height at snout: 23"-30" | Small, Razor-like teeth; designed to cut through organic matter; teeth likely too small to chew metal. | Four legs and Tail; likely prehensile. | Pack hunter; nest likely nearby. Glitch's powerful optic studies what he sees of the lizard creatures. Analysis: High Threat. Probability of boxing in and overwhelming organic crew allies is high. Small and Agile; ranged targeting may prove challenging; keep them bottlenecked and behind the unit as we move. Engage only as required. Glitch mentally analyzes then forms his own risk assessment of the pale critters. I used the average stats of a large breed dog in the above from google.

I need your threat assessment of the reptilian-like creatures. Provide any information and weaknesses you have. Glitch communicates to his companion who silently runs their own analysis to see what they can determine. "Warning: Approximately 30+ carnivorous scavengers. High Threat." Glitch states.
Pertinax wrote:"We must press forward, we cannot let them crush us against the debris."
"Query; Mungo, is it in your capabilities to create a decoy for them to focus on instead of us?" Glitch asks Mungo as he levels his rifle. "Or a means to block their path with your magics." Glitch asks of his more magical ally.

After Mungo's answer, Glitch will try to usher everyone along while keeping his weapon trained on the closest critter until they reach a certain proximity. "We must move and fight, do not get surrounded or isolated." Glitch states unequivocally. Glitch will begin firing at them when they are within 20 ft and within Line of Sight. Glitch will remain against the wall as he moves until he needs to break away.

Combat:
APM: 7
Initiative: 1d20+5: [10]+5 = 15
Parries: 1d20+15: [16]+15 = 31 | 1d20+15: [1]+15 = 16 | 1d20+15: [6]+15 = 21 | 1d20+15: [5]+15 = 20 | 1d20+15: [1]+15 = 16 | 1d20+15: [15]+15 = 30 | 1d20+15: [20]+15 = 35

A1: Ranged Shot with NE-75H. Strike: 1d20+6: [19]+6 = 25 | DMG: (2d4*10)+20: [1, 3]*10 = 40
A2: Ranged Shot with NE-75H. Strike: 1d20+6: [19]+6 = 25 | DMG: (2d4*10)+20: [3, 1]*10 = 40
A3: Ranged Shot with NE-75H. Strike: 1d20+6: [16]+6 = 22 | DMG: (2d4*10)+20: [3, 4]*10 = 70
A4: Ranged Shot with NE-75H. Strike: 1d20+6: [16]+6 = 22 | DMG: (2d4*10)+20: [3, 2]*10 = 50
A5: Ranged Shot with NE-75H. Strike: 1d20+6: [3]+6 = 9 | DMG: (2d4*10)+20: [1, 4]*10 = 50

A6-7: Reserved for Dodge: 1d20+16: [5]+16 = 21 | 1d20+16: [5]+16 = 21

Contingency: If Glitch is hyper-focused or starts getting surrounded (2+), he will engage his micro-jets hover system to float to the ceiling, then switch to his Flamethrower to see if fire repels them.
If a single or pair get close, he will extend his retractable blade to further deter them (using his Eviscerator as a last resort)
What happens when a being designed to follow orders and programmed to kill eliminates those they served? Who is giving them the orders now? Scariest version; they are.

Ultrix, the Altessan Eviscerator, to Glitch -- FF00FF
Glitch to Ultrix -- 8000BF
Internal command processes

M.D.C.: 220

Ultrix | MDC: 500 | DMG: 6d6 | Nano-Regen: 2d6/hr | Electrical Discharge: 4d6, 0-200' range.


Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Glitch | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Oren Exe (PW GA) | Sam Animus (PWVR) | Venenifer (Atlantis) | Ronan (SS)
User avatar
Mungo
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:55 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Mungo »

JiC 1d20: [14] = 14
JiC 1d100: [22] = 22
Perception vs 33% 1d100: [82] = 82
Conditions
P.P.E.: 91/186
M.D.C.: 33/33
Mage Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Armor of Ithan: 60/60 M.D.C. currently activated, 5 minutes 30 seconds remain.

Octoman Mage Armor, Enhanced
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50
Arms: 25 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 90
Weight: 22 lbs.
Modifiers: -5% to physical skills
Features:
TW Feature: Armor of Ithan, 60 M.D.C., 6 minutes, 10 P.P.E.
Combat Rolls:

Initiative 1d20+3: [1]+3 = 4
Attacks 7
Action 1: Shoot needle fanged lizard-doggo with NE-6SL Revolver, standard round. Strike: 1d20+3: [14]+3 = 17 . Damage: 1d4*10: [2]*10 = 20 M.D.
Action 2: Shoot needle fanged lizard-doggo with NE-6SL Revolver, standard round. Strike: 1d20+3: [8]+3 = 11 . Damage: 1d4*10: [4]*10 = 40 M.D.
Action 3: Shoot needle fanged lizard-doggo with NE-6SL Revolver, standard round. Strike: 1d20+3: [5]+3 = 8 . Damage: 1d4*10: [2]*10 = 20 M.D.
Action 4: Shoot needle fanged lizard-doggo with NE-6SL Revolver, standard round. Strike: 1d20+3: [11]+3 = 14 . Damage: 1d4*10: [4]*10 = 40 M.D.
Action 5: Stab needle fanged lizard-doggo with paired vibro-blades. Strike: 1d20+5: [10]+5 = 15 . Damage: 2d4*2: [2, 4]*2 = 12 M.D.
Action 6: Stab needle fanged lizard-doggo with paired vibro-blades. Strike: 1d20+5: [4]+5 = 9 . Damage: 2d4*2: [4, 2]*2 = 12 M.D.
Action 7: Reserved for a dodge. 1d20: [10] = 10

Parries as needed. NB - Ambidextrous, double-jointed and able to use all four arms in a simultaneous attack or two in a simultaneous attack and two to parry.
1d20+6: [19]+6 = 25 , 1d20+6: [16]+6 = 22 , 1d20+6, 1d20+6: [16]+6 = 22 , 1d20+6: [15]+6 = 21 , 1d20+6: [18]+6 = 24

Mungo will sacrifice an action to re-up his armor of Ithan if needed[/OOC]

Post

Mungo draws three vibro blades and his new TW lightblade before the source of the noises makes its appearance. Yeah, this is going to be up close and personal. Whatever this thing is it'll be on us in no time. He thinks to himself, while assesing the situation. He tries to pump mana into the TW lightblade, but nothing happens. He looks down at it aghast. Bloody thing doesn't work?!? He looks it over and carefully reads the symbols etched into the handle. He frowns deeply at what he sees. Oh, piss off! It's going to draw life force and not mana? Forget that for a joke! He slides it back into its sheath it with a grump and draws a NE revolver instead. Hmmm, that'll be my fault for not testing it earlier...

Glitch wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:49 am "Query; Mungo, is it in your capabilities to create a decoy for them to focus on instead of us? Or a means to block their path with your magics."
"No and I'm afraid not." Mungo replies. "It's a bit late for creativity, old boy. I expect were going to have just kill them, what being all cooped up in a tunnel and all."

When combat beings Mungo fires his revolver while he can and the switches to paired vibro-blades when the things get too close. With another pair of tentacle he parries with his other blade and pistol if needed.

roller oddness:
1d20+6: [18]+6 = 24 , 1d20+6: [8]+6 = 14 , 1d20+6: [2]+6 = 8
User avatar
Barraketa
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue May 31, 2022 6:04 am

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Barraketa »

Perception vs 21%: 1d100: [69] = 69 | JiC 1d100: 1d100: [28] = 28 | JiC 1d20: 1d20: [17] = 17
Active effects: Presence Sense

Attack 1: NEMA Rifle Incendiary Shot: Strike 1d20+12: [15]+12 = 27 Damage to Target 6d6: [2, 2, 5, 6, 4, 4] = 23 Burning to 10 foot area 3d6: [5, 4, 5] = 14 Rounds Burning 1d4: [1] = 1
Attack 2: NEMA Rifle Incendiary Shot: Strike 1d20+12: [20]+12 = 32 Damage to Target 6d6: [1, 3, 1, 5, 3, 4] = 17 Burning to 10 foot area 3d6: [6, 5, 1] = 12 Rounds Burning 1d4: [3] = 3
Attack 3: NEMA Rifle Incendiary Shot: Strike 1d20+12: [3]+12 = 15 Damage to Target 6d6: [1, 6, 3, 4, 4, 4] = 22 Burning to 10 foot area 3d6: [2, 5, 3] = 10 Rounds Burning 1d4: [4] = 4
Attack 4: NEMA Rifle Incendiary Shot: Strike 1d20+12: [1]+12 = 13 Damage to Target 6d6: [1, 4, 3, 3, 6, 4] = 21 Burning to 10 foot area 3d6: [6, 6, 1] = 13 Rounds Burning 1d4: [2] = 2
Attack 5: NEMA Rifle Incendiary Shot: Strike 1d20+12: [6]+12 = 18 Damage to Target 6d6: [1, 1, 5, 1, 6, 2] = 16 Burning to 10 foot area 3d6: [1, 6, 2] = 9 Rounds Burning 1d4: [2] = 2
Attack 6: NEMA Rifle Incendiary Shot: Strike 1d20+12: [20]+12 = 32 Damage to Target 6d6: [3, 4, 1, 2, 4, 5] = 19 Burning to 10 foot area 3d6: [5, 4, 2] = 11 Rounds Burning 1d4: [4] = 4

Attack 7: NEMA Rifle PB Burst: Strike 1d20+12: [12]+12 = 24 Damage 2d4*10: [3, 1]*10 = 40


Barraketa looks around, sensing the oncoming enemies getting close, but he's a little disappointed when the lizards come bursting out from behind deck plates. They're so small... and unarmed... hardly a worthy opponent. Though at least there are a lot of them.

He takes aim, but only fires one weapon from his arsenal. More would hardly be sporting. With a rapid pop-popping, the sleek cannon on his left shoulder fires tiny pellets into the crowd of small creatures, each aimed at a different one, targets spread across the group. The pellets hit and burst, each creating a spot of white-hot heat that erupts into lingering flames. Then Barraketa beeps in frustration as he realizes he has no more incendiary rounds, and opens fire with a burst of energy from the same weapon, targeting the creature closest to his allies, who isn't covered in flames the way many of his brethren now are.
Character Sheet Combat Summary
ISP 72/76 | Active effects: Presence Sense (120 feet)
User avatar
Quince
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:56 pm
Location: Phase World GR

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Quince »

Percep 39%: 1d100: [30] = 30
JIC: 1d20: [1] = 1 1d100: [17] = 17

Conditions:
Force Field: 160/160
ISP: 261/259
Sixth Sense

Quince watches as the plates and panels pop open and the dog sized lizard things scramble out. He says in an almost bord manor as he draws his Phase pistol, "This seems about on track. Mungo, they have large eyes. Is there a possibility of you being able to increase the strength of your illumination?"

Quince starts firing off shot after shot, trusting that the Phase Beamer will do its job. This is great. Taking pot shots at the lizard-dogs. This is considered my first mission with the group and we're wasting ammo on what should amount to nothing pertinent.
Init: 1d20+3: [16]+3 = 19 +6=25
1. Strike 1d20+2: [13]+2 = 15 Dmg: 3d6: [3, 5, 5] = 13 or 4d6: [5, 4, 1, 5] = 15 MD
2. Strike 1d20+2: [20]+2 = 22 Dmg: 3d6: [4, 6, 3] = 13 *2=26 or 4d6: [6, 5, 2, 6] = 19 *2= 38 MD
3. Strike 1d20+2: [8]+2 = 10 Dmg: 3d6: [3, 6, 2] = 11 or 4d6: [4, 1, 2, 3] = 10 MD
4. Strike 1d20+2: [13]+2 = 15 Dmg: 3d6: [3, 1, 6] = 10 or 4d6: [1, 5, 4, 2] = 12 MD

Dodge(+3)/Parry(+2) if needed: 1d20: [5] = 5, 1d20: [11] = 11, 1d20: [19] = 19, 1d20: [7] = 7
User avatar
Bryke
Posts: 335
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:53 am
Contact:

Re: [GR] Welcome to the Machine.

Post by Bryke »

Perception: 34% 1d100: [83] = 83
JiC d20/d100: 1d20: [11] = 11 / 1d100: [8] = 8

Conditions:
Force Field: 110 MD, 7hours
Range: Area effect; 30 feet (9. 1 m) per level of experience.
Duration: One minute (4 melee rounds) plus.
Saving Throw: None, unless a fellow Temporal being (standard).
P.P.E.: Forty-Five for one minute, add 10 P.P.E. for each additional minute (no limit).

The spell caster affects the space-time continuum of a particular area and slows the time and corresponding speed and movement of all creatures in that area, except himself This gives him a dramatic edge in combat and sleight of hand skills. The concept behind the spell is that everybody around the spell caster moves slower (although they see their movement as normal), while he moves faster.

Bonuses: During the slow motion time warp, the spell caster is effectively + 1 to strike, +3 to parry and to dodge, +4 on initiative, + 10% on Pick Pocket, Pick Locks, Palming and Computer Operation, +10 on speed and has one additional melee action/attack.



Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Doesn't breathe air and is immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and has eagle-like normal vision.
Sixth Sense
HF 10

Initiative:
1d20+2: [5]+2 = 7
APM: 6+1 (7)

[Action(s) 1-3]
A1-A3 [Strike] Magic Net 1d20: [9] = 9
| [Parry] 1d20+6: [19]+6 = 25 | [Parry] 1d20+6: [17]+6 = 23 | [Parry] 1d20+6: [3]+6 = 9

[Actions 4-7]
A4 Casts: Magic Net [Strike] 1d20: [17] = 17 | [Parry] 1d20+6: [2]+6 = 8
A5 Casts: Magic Net [Strike] 1d20: [1] = 1 | [Parry] 1d20+6: [20]+6 = 26
A6 Casts: Magic Net [Strike] 1d20: [13] = 13 | [Parry] 1d20+6: [12]+6 = 18
A7 Casts: Magic Net [Strike] 1d20: [16] = 16 | [Parry] 1d20+6: [9]+6 = 15

Contingencies:
Bryke will not cast a magic net unless he has "Kentucky windage styled" made a guess that the radius would be clear of any Rogues. (OOC: His wingspan is approximately 14' so he is guessing at half that in order to be clear of the "10' Area" i.e. radius of a circle needing to completely fit a 10' area... I am guessing also- and I'm good at math soooo. Its on the fly, not having him use his math skill to do it... he is just guessing big :) )

Bryke is being meticulous with his shots, parrying and tossing them away if he does not have one.

Bryke is also observing more than reacting, trying to figure out how to stop them without killing them- odds are this isn't the only place we will encounter "roaches" because they could come from ANYWHERE on the ship.

Post:
The forewarning from his sixth sense premonition and the fact that the area is currently under a temporal displacement, gives The Promethean more time to think. He points his pistols at the creatures, gauging that a radius of 6 feet is clear from any Rogues when he shoots- every time he shoots and does not shoot unless those conditions are met, imagines shooting globular spiderwebs, and Casts: Magic Net [7 ppe, 30 seconds/lvl, sv throw = Dodge of 16 or higher] then, The Promethean asks aloud, "Can anyone corral them? Or get them into groups somehow? I don't know how long my magic nets will last." He guesses at the abilities of the others, "Mungo, a big rock or anvil for the floor and side hatches these things came out of maybe, or MD nets like mine?" Quince is Faustian, odds are he has psychic power as strong or even better than mine, "Quince, grab them telekinetically, or if we could flood the floor with liquid you could electrocute them all?" I don't know which he has- if he has the ability to make force fields he could keep them in little cages until we decide what to do with them...
OOC Comments
Natural Abilities
Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 83%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Ley Line Phasing: Equal to the ley line walker ability.


PPE: 266/266
ISP: 151/155
SDC: 634/634 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP: 171/171

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:

Call Names/Nicknames:
Bryke, Wraith
Post Reply

Return to “Phase World: The Three Galaxies”