Center Level 13; Anias Hotel

The Phase World/Three Galaxies Archives

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Consumer
Game Master

Center Level 13; Anias Hotel

Post by Consumer »

The building is approximately 300 feet to a side, and likely ten or more stories tall. It is a blocky soot stained building with no windows and only three visible entrances, though two are obviously not for public use. A muted sign is above the doors lintel stating the buildings name. The Anais Hotel.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Consumer
Game Master

Re: Center Level 13; Anias Hotel

Post by Consumer »

Center Level 13; Anais Hotel

Raz: ]Mechanical Engineer (General assessment of structure Visual only, Cursory): Looks like a very sturdy building.
Intelligence (Run Route to see if anyone is following Raz and Mungo from the Bar): Nope, no one but the group leaves the bar.

Raz and Mungo ask around, eventually finding someone who knows the place and how to get there, in the end it takes the duo about an hour to get there. Eventually Az Rael, Bryke, and Pertinax have to call Raz for directions.

The building is unassuming with a less than flashy sign. Only three entry points and only one of them seems to be available to the public. Inside is a drastic change from the grimy spartan exterior. It does resemble a nice hotel, with a lobby and a concierge behind a desk. Off to one side is a bar, and off to the other appears a small restaurant. Eventually everyone in the Rogues arrives and is standing in the lobby.
Mungo wrote:"Alex, I have questions about the source of your info... Who is your contact and who do you know them?"
Meanwhile the concierge finally seems to want to know why a pile of armed mercenaries are in his lobby. ”Welcome to the Anais Hotel, how may we serve?” says a well kept balding man of middling age.

What are your intentions?
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
Medals
Pertinax
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Pertinax »

Perception (27%) 1d100: [86] = 86
JiC 1d20: [19] = 19 / 1d100: [30] = 30

Armor
Talisman of Armor of Ithan (Inactive)
Combat harness
Dreadmaster pants
Dreadmaster boots

Weapon
Ripper vibro-knife

Pertinax walks up to the bar and orders a cricket wine, a thin white syrup made from the nectar of a cheap citrus fruit that thrives in poor soil and artificial light. Its juice self-ferments in open air, reaching 180 proof in a matter of four or five days. The resulting 'wine' is surprisingly shelf-stable, making it the drink of choice in the most impoverished and crime ridden parts of the Three Galaxies. This his his fourth drink of the night; the first one has made him thirsty and he polishes it off in a swift gulp. He is ready for his fifth, but he holds back for a moment.

"So, who do I have to kill to start a bar tab?" He is half-joking. The look in the Tarlok's eye is of someone that who would be more than happy to trade an anonymous life for a drink. It's a question that he throws to size up the bar.
Pertinax
M.D.C.: 348/348
P.P.E.: 11/11
I.S.P.: 120/120
Mungo
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Post by Mungo »

JiC 1d20: [15] = 15
JiC 1d100: [61] = 61
Perception vs 24% 1d100: [31] = 31
Conditions
P.P.E.: 89/99
M.D.C.: 26/26
Mage Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Armor of Ithan: 0/60 M.D.C. currently not activated

Octoman Mage Armor, Enhanced
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50
Arms: 25 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 90
Weight: 22 lbs.
Modifiers: -5% to physical skills
Features:
TW Feature: Armor of Ithan, 60 M.D.C., 6 minutes, 10 P.P.E.
Mungo approaches the concierge with a something resembling a smile. It's hard to make a beak actually smile so it's more of an 'eye smile', tone of voice and combined body language thing. "Hello sir! I am Mungo and these are my back up band, roadies and a - rather disappointing - groupie. We require some accommodations. Do you have six available? Preferably on the same floor. We have a surprise and unexpected business opportunity on this level. Your establishment was recommended to us. As for the length of the stay, we don't know for certain. Maybe we should start with a booking for 3 nights, checking in immediately. What is your rate for a booking such as this?"

Later Mungo goes to the bar with Pert.
Pertinax wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:38 pm "So, who do I have to kill to start a bar tab?"
Mungo rolls his eyes. Bloody hell. This is not a place where we want to draw excessive attention to ourselves. Dropping 'jokes' like that is not ideal! "Ha ha, my good man! Surely you jest. We just give the bartender credits. This is not the kind of establishment for such talk!." Mungo frowns at Pert as if to say 'behave!'.
Az Rael
Group Leader

Post by Az Rael »

Perception: 1d100: [71] = 71 vs 58% +15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% When dealing with Vampires or the Undead, +5% when pertaining to ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic
JIC: 1d20: [16] = 16 and 1d100: [43] = 43
Mungo wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:19 am "Hello sir! I am Mungo and these are my back up band, roadies and a - rather disappointing - groupie. We require some accommodations. Do you have six available? Preferably on the same floor. We have a surprise and unexpected business opportunity on this level. Your establishment was recommended to us. As for the length of the stay, we don't know for certain. Maybe we should start with a booking for 3 nights, checking in immediately. What is your rate for a booking such as this?"
Az Rael walks into the hotel in time to hear Mungo making the booking. He adds as Mungo finishes, "Yes, 3 days to start would be a reasonable assumption." He turns to Mungo, "Thank you Mungo, I appreciate you getting things started in my absence." He turns back to the hotel attendant, "We will need 6 rooms please." Waiting on the attendant to confirm if they have the space he turns back to the team.
Mungo wrote:"Alex, I have questions about the source of your info... Who is your contact and who do you know them?"
"Mr Mungo, we all have our pasts. My contacts are sensitive, I am sure you understand. We are not in the business of freely trading sensitive information. We can discuss further, but, this is nor the time or the place." Alex looks around to accentuate they aren't in the most secure of locations. Then turns to the team to continue in a quiet voice.

"With regards to our issue, we will continue to work on that. We will be taking a more round about path though. We need to find work. I am particularly interested in the Madarie Crime family. This is the next lead in to finding our friend. I believe we need to find our way into the organization gain their trust and move on from there. Initially, we will need to separate ourselves from finding our friend until we gain enough trust."

Alex turns back to the hotel attendant, "My good sir, we are looking for work. Not the hammer and wrench kind. You wouldn't happen to have a place you suggest to find work?"
Mungo wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:19 am"Ha ha, my good man! Surely you jest. We just give the bartender credits. This is not the kind of establishment for such talk!." Mungo frowns at Pert as if to say 'behave!'.
"Pertinax, are you ok? There is a restaurant over there." Alex points to the restaurant, "Why don't you go get us a table so we can all talk further."
P.P.E.: 99 / 99
I.S.P.: 47 / 47
H.P.: 34 / 34
S.D.C.: 82 / 82

Perception Bonus: 52%
+15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% dealing with Vampires/Undead, +5% Ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic
BA-26 EBA armor M.D.C: 90 / 90

Charm/Impress: 25%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 60%
Horror/Awe Factor: 12

Az Rael
Raz I'Syul Arro

Post by Raz I'Syul Arro »

Perception: 1d100: [50] = 50 /40%
JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13 ; 1d100: [97] = 97

Active Effects:
  • Sixth Sense
  • Horror Factor: 11
  • Keen Sense of Smell and Sharp Color vision
  • NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor: +5% to prowl skill; -70% to electronic perception/detection rolls; Masks IR and Thermal Emissions

Raz smiles sadly and shakes his head at the reactions of Pert. Mungo is good. Took that clerk's question with no hesitation. Nice plausible story. Easy to remember and not overly complicated. Most try to hard and make things too complicated to remember. This Mungo is much better then that. Now what to do about Pert. Raz gets up and moves next to Pert, throwing an arm over his shoulder. "You know not everyone understands your humor. Come on lets go get a table for the boss." Raz will move with Pert to get a table at the restaurant. Once there Raz will quietly talk to Pert, "You need to cool it. Those kinds of jokes could end in a firefight in areas like this." Mean while Raz will pull out his computer and run a passive scan of the network to see if there is a guest network and a restricted network. Raz is also on the look out for any surveillance cameras. Once on the guest network Raz will look up what is publicly available regarding this hotel. Then shift his focus to the lesser known things about the hotel.

Computer Operations-- 1d100: [45] = 45 /75% (look for publicly available Information on the hotel)
Computer Hacking-- 1d100: [16] = 16 /44% (look for the darker side of this hotel. Things people want to keep hidden about it)
Electronic Countermeasures-- 1d100: [46] = 46 /57% (Prevent backtrace of his online activity)
Raz I'Syul Arro

Sixth Sense
Horror Factor: 11
I.S.P.: 39/47
M.D.C.: 204/204
Half Damage from M.D. Fire and energy attacks (Including magical)

Armor
NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 40/40
  • Arms: L: 20/20 R: 20/20
  • Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30
  • Main Body: 80/80
N-F20A Medium Force Field--OFF
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 75/75
Weapons
NE-11 Slim-Line Plasma Cartridge Rifle 17/20 (NE-003PC)

Crystal Paralyzer 20/20
Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
Consumer
Game Master

Post by Consumer »

Anias Hotel

Perception (look out for any surveillance cameras.): Raz notices none.
Computer Operations (look for publicly available Information on the hotel): There is none.
Computer Hacking (look for the darker side of this hotel. Things people want to keep hidden about it): This would take hours, and you cannot crack their firewall.
Electronic Countermeasures (Prevent backtrace of his online activity): Raz thinks he’s successful.

Lobby
Az Rael, Raz, Bryke, Scythe.

Mungo is the first to speak up, while most of the group mill about the lobby, save Pertinax who makes a beeline to the bar.
Mungo wrote:"Hello sir! I am Mungo and these are my back up band, roadies and a - rather disappointing - groupie. We require some accommodations. Do you have six available? Preferably on the same floor. We have a surprise and unexpected business opportunity on this level. Your establishment was recommended to us. As for the length of the stay, we don't know for certain. Maybe we should start with a booking for 3 nights, checking in immediately. What is your rate for a booking such as this?"
The concierge nods appreciatively, whether he believes the lie or not, doesn’t seem to elicit a reaction. ”Six rooms, same floor, three nights. That will run you five thousand four hundred credits, payment up front. You can never be too careful.”
Az Rael wrote:"We will need 6 rooms please."
Again the concierge nods. ”As stated five thousand four hundred credits.”
Az Rael wrote:Alex turns back to the hotel attendant, "My good sir, we are looking for work. Not the hammer and wrench kind. You wouldn't happen to have a place you suggest to find work?"
The concierge shakes his head. ”I’m sorry we do not have a facilitator available at the moment, maybe at a later time.” The man says cryptically.

The Lobby is large enough that it is very unlikely any of you heard what Pertinax said unless you were with him the whole time. So I will be ignoring the conversations that couldn’t happen based off your initial actions. Please try to be mindful of this in the future, you are not omnipotent. ~Consumer

Bar
Pertinax

Meanwhile at the bar, Pertinax sees another human, who does look similar to the Concierge, but all humans kind of look alike to him. Pertinax orders his drink, but finds it’s not what he ordered, it taste similar, has a similar alcohol content, but seems of much higher quality than the swill he just ordered.
Pertinax wrote:"So, who do I have to kill to start a bar tab?" He is half-joking. The look in the Tarlok's eye is of someone that who would be more than happy to trade an anonymous life for a drink. It's a question that he throws to size up the bar.
The bartender doesn’t seem phased by the comment or the look. ”A simple credit card should suffice.” The man says in a calming voice. Pertinax can’t help to feel slightly at ease around the barman.

Lobby
Az Rael, Raz, Bryke, Scythe.

Mungo and Alex begin to have what one may consider a private conversation in front of the concierge, who still is waiting to be paid.
Az Rael wrote:Alex turns back to the hotel attendant, "My good sir, we are looking for work. Not the hammer and wrench kind. You wouldn't happen to have a place you suggest to find work?"
The concierge shakes his head. ”I’m sorry we do not have a facilitator available at the moment, maybe at a later time.” The man says cryptically.

It’s about this time that Raz makes his way over to the bar, with Pertinax. This almost seems to be quickly followed by the rest, leaving the Concierge standing there, with Az Rael and the silent Scythe and Bryke.

Bar
Pertinax, Mungo, Raz

Everyone can see Pertinax conversing with the Barman, who seems unphased by anything, just calmly cleaning a glass.

What are your intentions.
Medals
Az Rael
Group Leader

Post by Az Rael »

Perception: 1d100: [75] = 75 vs 58% +15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% When dealing with Vampires or the Undead, +5% when pertaining to ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic
JIC: 1d20: [5] = 5 and 1d100: [13] = 13

In the lobby

Az Rael waits as the for the concierge's answer on the room payment, when he mentions that he already stated the amount Az Rael appologizes, "My apologies for missing the rate." He hands the concierge his cred stick, "Why don't you double the length of stay, just in case." Az Rael will wait for the concierge to hand him back the card then place it back in his pocket.

When the concierge mentions a "Facilitator" Az's ears perk up, Hmm, he didn't blink an eye. This facilitator might be exactly what we are looking for.

Az nods his heads in a knowing way while replying, "Can you let the facilitator know I am interested. Have him reach out to me when he gets back even? I would appreciate that." Az Rael sets his pack down and pulls out 500 credits worth of gold. He hands it to the concierge. "For your troubles, of course."

With the room keys in hand and the transaction complete Az Rael looks around the lobby taking it in. Hmm, the concierge doesn't seem concerned by us in the least, what kind of place is this? He turns back to the man, "One last question, Is there anything we should know about the facilities? Any special rules we might not want to break?"

Az Rael will wait for the answer before continuing on, once he is done with the conversation he will look to see where the team is.

+15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% dealing with Vampires/Undead, +5% Ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic

Az Rael
Pertinax
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Pertinax »

Perception (27%) 1d100: [36] = 36
JiC 1d20: [10] = 10 / 1d100: [89] = 89

Armor
Combat harness
Dreadmaster pants
Dreadmaster boots

Weapon
Ripper vibro-knife

Pertinax looks at his drink suspiciously. It is not what he ordered, but recognizes mid-shelf booze for what it is. He takes a cautious sip and gives a polite nod to the bartender. The dreadmaster doesn't distrust the man, but that in itself is suspicious. Is he genuinely trustworthy, or is he laying a trap? Either way, this drink is safe.

Pertinax slides his card to the bartender and takes another, longer sip, savoring the slight burn of the alcohol as if it was the only thing that brought him joy (which, to be fair, isn't far from the truth). He almost finishes his drink in a second gulp but holds himself. Slow down you degenerate. You are in an unknown level for murky reasons. You can get drunk when you are settled in your hotel room, but pay attention right now. He puts down the drink and makes small talk with the bartender when the man passes by. Does the bar see any regulars or just patrons? Nice selection of booze, who does the bar and the hotel cater too? Specialty cocktail? Every now and then he slips another tasteless 'joke', a casual reference to torture or dismissive attitude to basic human (non-Tarlok) rights, the type of thing that would sound ironic if the person saying it didn't seem like the type to engage in war crimes.

As for himself, Pertinax mentions a few non-false details about his life. He mentions being a former solider, and that he is a down-on-his-luck mercenary. And of course he talks about looking for a new regular watering hole. It is his usual routine for surveying a bar: make nice with the bartender, learn about the clientele, and assess its use for his current objectives. But also, Pertinax does want to find a place where he can drink in peace. He no longer has the officers' clubs for drinks with colleagues, barracks to gauge his soldiers, or even lookout posts to sneak a quiet drink in the still of night. He finishes the drink. No. There is little joy in this. Pertinax raises his hand, "One more, please."
Pertinax
Mungo
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Post by Mungo »

JiC 1d20: [15] = 15
JiC 1d100: [99] = 99
Perception vs 24% 1d100: [60] = 60
Conditions

M.D.C. by Location:
Features:
Mungo is not happy. He orders a drink from the bar, turns to Raz and Pert. "Gentlemen, shall we take a table? I find those bi-ped centric chairs easier to sit on." He asks cheerfully. That's not really true. I can wrap my tentacles around the leg of any chair and get comfortable. I just rather not have this chat in front of the bartender.

Once at the table he sighs and starts his rant. "Guys, mistake not my joshing, overly theatrical and positive exterior for I am as cranky as any other Octoman. A race famous for, quite frankly, being pissy, cranky old sticks-in-the-mud. And I've got a complaint to make. We, as a group, are making amateur hour look highly, as in polished to a sheen, professional. If we continue like this we will die. The chap, or series of chaps, we are looking for has been doing bad things for 1200 years! So we can assume that he is very very good at what he does. Yet here we are in a bar in some random hotel with no real plan."

Mungo starts listing off specific issues he has with the group.
  1. Pert, why the funk didn't you come with us? Judging from your foul mood you achieved little of note? Oh, and do stop being such a grumpy grump! It doesn't help anything.
  2. Oh, I know why you didn't come with us... Because there was zero point for Myself, Raz or Bryke to even be there. What a shit show! Alex tells us to go in separately - so we do, and he'll make contact with his source and he'll signal us to join him - which he doesn't! He meets with the contact himself. So there was no need for us to go to the bar with him.
  3. On top of that the patrons of the bar had us figured out immediately. Alex got his audience straight away while we sat around with our lame attempts to not stand out. They had us made because - I assume - they were all the same gang or whatever. Alex didn't need protection, and the rest of us got no information. The three of us waiting in the bar could have turned bad.
  4. Which brings me to my next point. Bryke must have tried to use some psi power or phase-thingo on the bartender and got called out right away! Luckily for us the bartender was fine with just calling him out and telling him off. I think he just got a telling off because, for whatever reason, Alex is in good standing with the gang, or whatever they are. Just to reinforce the point - if he is good standing, why did the rest of us have to go if we didn't join the actual meet?!?
  5. So make our way here, checking for tails, having good um, what do they call it... tradecraft? etc etc. Yet in front of the concierge Alex, on the sly, says something about working for some crime family. In the foyer, while I was trying to make a booking! I wanted to slap him! So just walked away instead. I don't know where you guys learned your... tradecraft, but so far, this is a joke! A very poor one I may add. Much like the 'A Kittani, a Kydian and a Metzla walk into a bar' jokes I had to tell on Spylnn."

In my opinion I think we need to have much better communication and teamwork if we are going to survive this little caper."

Mungo takes a sip of his drink, apparently satisfied. Ah, that feels better. Nothing like letting out a good old complaint. I just wish I'd spoken with a manager. Oh well, one must make do with what one has in front of one-self.
OOC Comments
Where did this rant come from? I was looking over Mungo's character sheet and saw that his disposition was 'complainer' so I figured I would give it a try. Don't read much into it, Mungo is just being a grumpy grump.
Pertinax
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Pertinax »

<Rolls carry>
Mungo wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:39 am"Pert, why the funk didn't you come with us? Judging from your foul mood you achieved little of note? Oh, and do stop being such a grumpy grump! It doesn't help anything."
Raz I'Syul Arro wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:43 am"You know not everyone understands your humor. Come on lets go get a table for the boss."
Pertinax turns around to see the table where Raz and Mungo are seated. He then goes back to the bartender. "Pardon me, those are my 'companions'." He makes air quotes with his king fingers. "I should join them, we are making arrangements to stay at the hotel the evening. Put their next round on my tab."

He sits at the table with the others, acting as if they regularly meet at this bar. This is as relaxed as Pertinax ever gets, and it is still unsettling, as Raz notes.
Raz I'Syul Arro wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:43 am"You need to cool it. Those kinds of jokes could end in a firefight in areas like this."
Pertinax snorts. "Yes, this is a dangerous level. While I do not think we are in any danger here, I will not provoke a brawl." Looking to Mungo he gives a terse nod of agreement. "You are correct as well. We are under attack and do not know where our enemy will strike next. We need to coordinate more closely. How do we wish to proceed after we get our hotel rooms?"
Pertinax
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

Perception: 1d100: [13] = 13 / 41%
JiC: 1d20: [3] = 3 / 1d100: [18] = 18

Conditions: Automatically Sense Active Rifts and dimensional disturbances [750 miles] | Automatically Sense Magic in Use [500 ft] |
ISP:2 +6 on initiative roll, +2 to parry, +3 to dodge and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind.
|
  • Spell Translation: Linguae
  • Spell Level: 6
  • Range: Self or others by touch.
  • Duration: 3 minutes (12 melees) per level of experience. ;; 15 min
  • Saving Throw: None.
  • P.P.E.: Twelve
  • The magic enables the character to perfectly understand and speak all spoken languages; 98% proficiency. An understanding of written languages is not provided by this magic. See the Eyes of Thoth.
| [Charismatic Aura | 07m:30s | 60ft Radius] | [Telepathy | 10m0s | Two-way: 340 ft between Pertinax]

Skills:
Invoke Trust: 1d100: [65] = 65 /68%
Public Speaking: 1d100: [47] = 47 /58%

In the lobby, Scythe feels relatively comfortable amid the seemingly high society, as though being such is natural. It is common for the servants to do all the talking with the fellow servants, why waste that guise. The silent mage muses to his blade. I think you might be the only one who sees it that way. His blade retorts. Retracting his visor, Scythe allows his face to be seen and offers a proper nod and smile to anyone in his path.
Az Rael wrote:"One last question, Is there anything we should know about the facilities? Any special rules we might not want to break?"
Scythe nearly visibly cringes at the question. Way to let everyone know we're new here. He's still learning. Scythe resigns and steps forward. "Pardon, I am going to the bar, I shall see you two there." Scythe comments to Az and Bryker and then moves to turn away and follow Raz towards the bar. Scythe will take a moment before entering and mutter the incantation "Linguae", imbuing him with the Tongues spell. He then also channels a charismatic aura, uttering the phrase "Illecebrosus Sphaeram"

Exuding an aura of trust and friendship, he looks to the barkeep that Pertinax is occupying and approach as the Dreadlor leaves towards the bar. He'll give a slight nod to Pertinax and the others as he passes them, reaching out to the Dreadlor in his mind. I will join you shortly. Watch for movement as I reengage the barkeep. Scythe warns, then focusing his full attention on the barkeep.

"You must be the rumored mixologist of the Anias Hotel. I have associates who have frequented this establishment before and always seemed to find what they needed here. I am hoping to be as fortunate." Scythe says, placing a credit chit on the table and motioning for a drink.

Charismatic Aura (10)
- Illecebrosus Sphaeram

Range: 60 foot radius ( 1 8.3 m).
Duration: Six melee rounds per level of experience.
Saving Throw: Standard.
P.P.E.: Ten
A particularly handsome tool of deception, this magic can be cast upon the spell caster or another person. The spell instantly enhances that person&#39;s Physical Beauty by eight points, and increases his charisma to charm all who behold him. Although the focal point of the spell is the person on whom it was cast, it affects everybody in a 60 foot (18.3 m) radius (emanating from the person with the charismatic aura). Thus, everybody in that radius is allowed a saving throw vs magic. Those who successfully save will not be affected at all; those who fail to save are charmed and will respond accordingly. The person with a charismatic aura can invoke one of three responses: friendship/trust, power/fear, and successful deception.
Friendship/Trust: The first few words spoken will set up the response. Thus, a statement of friendship, peace, or trust will inspire those sentiments in everyone affected.
Power/Fear: A statement of power, anger, strength, or vile intent, will strike awe and fear into everyone affected.
(Example: "Lay down your weapons and let us pass, lest you suffer my wrath!"). Horror Factor: 13. Successful Deception: This enables the character with Charismatic Aura to convincingly lie like a master con-man.
There is an 01-80% chance that those affected will believe anything he tells them, no matter how outlandish. This response is triggered by a phrase like: "Trust me completely,"; or "I would never lie to you, you know that."
Bryke

Post by Bryke »

Perception: 34% [roll]1d100[/roll]
JiC d20/d100: [roll]1d20[/roll]/ [roll]1d100[/roll]

Conditions:
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Doesn't breathe air and is immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and has eagle-like normal vision.
Sixth Sense
HF 10

Alone with ones thoughts, is what The Promethean generally prefers- less clutter.

Inside the large lobby of the hotel Bryke radios the group after Az Rael scores the rooms, Mungo gets some things off his chest, and Scythe does some info gathering.

"Ahhh, yes- about that, headed up, if anyone needs, this one will be brooding." The Time Master attempts a dry joke, before getting the key for its room from Az, and heading up to meditate, cast cleanse on self and replenish energies.

'We are without... … what now.'
OOC Comments
Natural Abilities
Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 83%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Ley Line Phasing: Equal to the ley line walker ability.

PPE: 236/236
ISP: 125/125
SDC: 634/634 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP: 155/155

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:

Call Names/Nicknames:
Bryke, Wraith
Pertinax
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Pertinax »

<Rolls carry>
Scythe wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 11:02 pmI will join you shortly. Watch for movement as I reengage the barkeep. Scythe warns, then focusing his full attention on the barkeep.
Pertinax taps the side of his head with his king finger as he passes Scythe on the way back to the table. It's a casual greeting a drunk would make passing an acquaintance, and it's also a subtle response. Understood. He sits next to Raz, and leans into his seat to have a good look at the bar as well as anyone else walking around.
Pertinax
Consumer
Game Master

Post by Consumer »

Anias Hotel

Lobby
Az Rael, Scythe.
Az Rael wrote:"My apologies for missing the rate." He hands the concierge his cred stick, "Why don't you double the length of stay, just in case." Az Rael will wait for the concierge to hand him back the card then place it back in his pocket.
The Concierge nods. "Very good sir, shouldn't be more than a few moments." He says, not leaving the spot. As stated, a few moments pass, and he hands the card back. "Payment accepted, welcome to the Anais Hotel."
Az Rael wrote:"Can you let the facilitator know I am interested. Have him reach out to me when he gets back even? I would appreciate that." Az Rael sets his pack down and pulls out 500 credits worth of gold. He hands it to the concierge. "For your troubles, of course."
"I will sir, he doesn't show up in any regular schedule, only when there is work to be done. I will let him know you are interested though." The Concierge says pocketing the gold without making it a thing.
Az Rael wrote:"One last question, Is there anything we should know about the facilities? Any special rules we might not want to break?"
The Concierge nods. "We only have a few very basic rules, and to be honest it has been a while since I had to say them. Rule number one is there is no fighting in the Anais, failure to comply will result in expulsion and banning. Rule two is to not bother the other guests, unless it is mutual. Failure will result in a fine, based on the aggravation. That is it, I find more rules than that leads for noncompliance on principle. If there isn't any thing else, I will take my leave." The Concierge says, before shuffling back to the counter.
Scythe wrote:"Pardon, I am going to the bar, I shall see you two there." Scythe comments to Az and Bryker and then moves to turn away and follow Raz towards the bar. Scythe will take a moment before entering and mutter the incantation "Linguae", imbuing him with the Tongues spell. He then also channels a charismatic aura, uttering the phrase "Illecebrosus Sphaeram"
Bryke wrote:"Ahhh, yes- about that, headed up, if anyone needs, this one will be brooding."
Bryke radios, before taking the key and making his way to his room.

Bar
Pertinax, Mungo, Raz, Scythe.
Pertinax wrote:"One more, please."
"Sure thing bud." The bartender takes the card, sets it near his register, and goes to make another drink. Pertinax finds this one also to his liking, and again not the same drink. If Pertinax wasn't sure of it, he'd think this man is reading his mid as to what he wants taste wise.
Mungo wrote:Mungo is not happy. He orders a drink from the bar, turns to Raz and Pert. "Gentlemen, shall we take a table? I find those bi-ped centric chairs easier to sit on." He asks cheerfully.
The bartender looks to Mungo. "Tab or no?" The bartender asks, and whatever the answer, takes the card and makes a drink in an odd shaped glass to most, Mungo see's that it's a glass designed for folk like him, making it very easy to hold. The drink is dark, the color of blood, tastes of citrus and spices, and utterly delicious.

Mungo is also surprised at the seating, it is of such a style that a variety of body shapes would find it comfortable, Octo-man included.
Mungo wrote:Once at the table he sighs and starts his rant. "Guys, mistake not my joshing, overly theatrical and positive exterior for I am as cranky as any other Octoman. A race famous for, quite frankly, being pissy, cranky old sticks-in-the-mud. And I've got a complaint to make. We, as a group, are making amateur hour look highly, as in polished to a sheen, professional. If we continue like this we will die. The chap, or series of chaps, we are looking for has been doing bad things for 1200 years! So we can assume that he is very very good at what he does. Yet here we are in a bar in some random hotel with no real plan."

Mungo starts listing off specific issues he has with the group.
  1. Pert, why the funk didn't you come with us? Judging from your foul mood you achieved little of note? Oh, and do stop being such a grumpy grump! It doesn't help anything.
  2. Oh, I know why you didn't come with us... Because there was zero point for Myself, Raz or Bryke to even be there. What a shit show! Alex tells us to go in separately - so we do, and he'll make contact with his source and he'll signal us to join him - which he doesn't! He meets with the contact himself. So there was no need for us to go to the bar with him.
  3. On top of that the patrons of the bar had us figured out immediately. Alex got his audience straight away while we sat around with our lame attempts to not stand out. They had us made because - I assume - they were all the same gang or whatever. Alex didn't need protection, and the rest of us got no information. The three of us waiting in the bar could have turned bad.
  4. Which brings me to my next point. Bryke must have tried to use some psi power or phase-thingo on the bartender and got called out right away! Luckily for us the bartender was fine with just calling him out and telling him off. I think he just got a telling off because, for whatever reason, Alex is in good standing with the gang, or whatever they are. Just to reinforce the point - if he is good standing, why did the rest of us have to go if we didn't join the actual meet?!?
  5. So make our way here, checking for tails, having good um, what do they call it... tradecraft? etc etc. Yet in front of the concierge Alex, on the sly, says something about working for some crime family. In the foyer, while I was trying to make a booking! I wanted to slap him! So just walked away instead. I don't know where you guys learned your... tradecraft, but so far, this is a joke! A very poor one I may add. Much like the 'A Kittani, a Kydian and a Metzla walk into a bar' jokes I had to tell on Spylnn."

In my opinion I think we need to have much better communication and teamwork if we are going to survive this little caper."
Pertinax wrote:"Pardon me, those are my 'companions'." He makes air quotes with his king fingers. "I should join them, we are making arrangements to stay at the hotel the evening. Put their next round on my tab."
The bartender nods. "Sure thing." before Pertinax makes his way to the table and joins the others.
Pertinax wrote:Pertinax snorts. "Yes, this is a dangerous level. While I do not think we are in any danger here, I will not provoke a brawl." Looking to Mungo he gives a terse nod of agreement. "You are correct as well. We are under attack and do not know where our enemy will strike next. We need to coordinate more closely. How do we wish to proceed after we get our hotel rooms?"
Scythe approaches the bar.
Scythe wrote:"You must be the rumored mixologist of the Anias Hotel. I have associates who have frequented this establishment before and always seemed to find what they needed here. I am hoping to be as fortunate." Scythe says, placing a credit chit on the table and motioning for a drink.
The bartender shrugs. "Not sure about famous, just been doing it for a while." He says, not seeming very enthralled by Scythe's aura. "One drink coming up, but your friend over there already paid." The bartender says before turning away to concoct another drink. A minute or so later, a wine glass with a frothing red liquid is set on the bar. "Enjoy." The bartender says.

Scythe finds the drink effervescent, refreshing, and the perfect collections of wine, liquor, and seasoning.

The Rooms
Bryke

Alone on his trek upstairs, Bryke finds the building a little short for his liking. Just tall enough for him to walk down a hall without hitting his head on anything. The doors on the other hand are only eight feet tall, so the Promethean has to crouch to get into the room. The room is spacious enough with a bed, desk, and a private bathroom. A vid screen on the wall displays a sunny beach. Once the door is closed, Bryke begins to notice a few things about himself. His joints hurt and his limbs have a tingly sensation, on top of this he has a overwhelming sense of dread. All of this is coupled with thoughts of genuine charity, for the sake of making others lives easier.

The curse has side effects.

Medals
Az Rael
Group Leader

Post by Az Rael »

Perception: 1d100: [73] = 73 vs 58% +15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% When dealing with Vampires or the Undead, +5% when pertaining to ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic
JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19 and 1d100: [16] = 16

Az Rael gives the Concierge a courteous nod and makes his way to the bar and takes a seat with the team members already enjoying refreshments. "Alright, I doubled our stay.6 nights, so far. I want to go over this so we are all clear." Az Rael looks around to make sure they are out of ear shot of anyone before continuing.

"We are not going after the raggedy man directly. This is not the plan. He is not the man we can hunt like that. I have us set up in this hotel right now so we can line up work. In the long run, I hope this work will lead us tot he raggedy man. For now, I want the team to stop any direct searching. Let the sleeping dog lie. I have given the concierge notice that we are looking for work and he will let the facilitator know when he arrives."

Az Rael take a short break to look around the bar again to try to gauge the clientele, "Hotel rules, Absolutely no aggression while we are here. That is a strict standing order. Also, This hotel provides a promise to their guest they will not be bothered, by anyone. So in regards to other guest. Just leave them alone. Breaking either of these rules would be very bad for the team."

Now what? Sit and wait? Az Rael considers what kind of time frame the team might expect before getting a job offer. Just nee to keep these guy on track for now. Az Rael looks to the 4 sitting at the table, "While we wait on the next job, we should focus on getting ready, let's try to maintain a professional appearance while we are here."

Az Rael
Pertinax
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Pertinax »

Perception (27%) 1d100: [67] = 67
JiC 1d20: [19] = 19 / 1d100: [35] = 35

Armor
Combat harness
Dreadmaster pants
Dreadmaster boots

Weapon
Ripper vibro-knife

Pertinax takes a sip of his next drink as he sits with the other Rogues. He's not sure what it is, and this pulls him to slow down. You are enjoying this too much. You cannot trust anything, especially a beverage, that makes you this content. He watches Scythe interact with the bartender, the man has a preternatural gift for serving drinks. Is he psionic or just that cool? Pertinax lets his mind drift on this topic until Alex joins the others.
Alex wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 4:37 am"We are not going after the Raggedy Man directly. This is not the plan. He is not the man we can hunt like that. I have us set up in this hotel right now so we can line up work. In the long run, I hope this work will lead us to the Raggedy Man. For now, I want the team to stop any direct searching. Let the sleeping dog lie. I have given the concierge notice that we are looking for work and he will let the facilitator know when he arrives."
"Very well. So who are we trying to find then?"

Alex wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 4:37 am"Hotel rules, Absolutely no aggression while we are here. That is a strict standing order. Also, This hotel provides a promise to their guest they will not be bothered, by anyone. So in regards to other guest. Just leave them alone. Breaking either of these rules would be very bad for the team."
Pertinax perks up at this information. "Oh! I know these types of places. Neutral ground. He that violates the rules is excomunicado. Yes, this will serve as an adequate base for the time being."

Once things are settled, Pertinax makes his way to his room and finally succumbs to the alcohol, crashing on the bed.
Pertinax
Az Rael
Group Leader

Post by Az Rael »

Az Rael wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 4:37 am Perception: 1d100: [73] = 73 vs 58% +15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% When dealing with Vampires or the Undead, +5% when pertaining to ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic
JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19 and 1d100: [16] = 16
Pertinax wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:06 pm "Very well. So who are we trying to find then?"
Az Rael looks at Pertinax and says "Croc, apparently he is the only person alive to meet or see this raggedy man and still be alive. I have nothing but the name and a suggestion that the crime family who operates out of Croc's might be able to make the connection for us." Az Rael looks around at the team. "I have no info on what his dealings with the Raggedy man were."

Az Rael sits back in his chair feeling a little uneasy, No further word from Thraxsus, who was attacked just as much as us. I wonder if he is looking for the the raggedy man on his own."

Az Rael
Mungo
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Post by Mungo »

JiC 1d20: [4] = 4
JiC 1d100: [44] = 44
Perception vs 24% 1d100: [26] = 26
Conditions

M.D.C. by Location:
Features:
Mungo sighs when Bryke mentions he going upstairs. "Enjoy your cry-wank man!" He calls after him cheerfully. "Why does that guy like never interact with us?" he asks the table. Maybe it's just a promethean thing. Who knows...
Az Rael wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 4:37 am "While we wait on the next job, we should focus on getting ready, let's try to maintain a professional appearance while we are here."
"Right, so the good old do nothing method... An easy way to ensure failure." Mungo replies dryly. "What was the name of that crime family again?" Assuming Alex gives Mungo the family of the crime family again he will get up and leave the table. "I'm going to do some research. Enjoy your drinks." If we're going to try to endear ourselves to this crime family we really should know something, anything, about them. He finds a computer terminal. He starts a search for the Madarie Crime family. he just looks for publicly available info, nothing fancy just trying to get a sense of what they are dealing with. He knows nothing about them, so any info is good info. Names, crimes, what scams they run, how big are they, protection, vice, weapons running, just how greasy are these guys? All stuff I'd like to find out.

Literacy Trade One 69% 1d100: [11] = 11 - pass
Bryke

Post by Bryke »

Conditions:
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Doesn't breathe air and is immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and has eagle-like normal vision.
Sixth Sense
HF 10

Bryke at once feels compelled to return to the concierge- even before restoring personal mystic energies and therefore does just that. When The Time Master gets there, the being says, “Sir, this one, in haste did not leave a proper tip- can you accept some credits?” If the man says yes Bryke transfers, $100,000.00 to the man as a tip.

After doing that, The Promethean goes a little further, “This one has no need of this and so, maybe you can find a better home for it?” Bryke unslings its Vengeance V.L.C. Firearm from under its cloak, slowly, muzzle down, emptying the clip right then and there. Bryke places both of these things on the concierge's desk.

Once that is done, Bryke looks around at the guests in the lobby, scanning and watching for someone else to be generous to, as well as anyone around that may cause them trouble.

'Feels like something undesirable is coming this way... what could that be though and who would be perpetrating it?' The Promethean thinks while looking around. Bryke speaks a Mantra, under its breath, activating suppress fear [8], "Fear is the mind killer..."

"Gentleman, something is coming this way." The Time Master says into the radio abruptly, "Gut Feeling."

Contingencies:

Bryke will leave the weapon on the desk whether or not the concierge takes it or not. Insisting that it is not or no longer Bryke's.

If the concierge does not take credits personally, Bryke will be insistent upon finding another way to get the man the 100K. Buying something for him personally or a couple somethings- 100K worth.
OOC Comments
Natural Abilities
Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 83%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:

Call Names/Nicknames:
Bryke, Wraith
Consumer
Game Master

Post by Consumer »

Anias Hotel

Bar
Pertinax, Mungo, Raz, Scythe.

Az Rael tells the others about extending the stay from three days to six days. Before giving something of a plan and telling those gathered about the few rules of the Anias Hotel. Pertinax seems to pick up on it very quickly and moves on to the next order of business. Az Rael gives the only other piece of information he has, the name of the only man his contact knows of that has met the Raggedy Mad and lived, the details of said encounter unkown even to his contact it seems. Mungo is not pleased with the plan, and leaves the table to go and look up information on his own.

Lobby
Bryke

Bryke passes Mungo on his approach to the Concierge and in a unseeming act of generosity gives the man a small fortune for just existing it seems. The Concierge for his point nods. "Why thank you." Bryke goes a bit further, handing the man one of his guns. Again the Concierge seems to take it in stride. "Thank you again good sir." The man says before tucking the gun behind the counter.

Bryke moves on to look for potential trouble, or just people in general, but finds the Lobby devoid of either with just himself and the Concierge present. He can almost see his companions in the attached bar, more just a sliver of Scythe's body.

The Rooms
Mungo

Mungo tries to investigate the Modarie Family. He doesn't find much and what he does find seems to place them up in the Docks on level two. They seemed to be involved in smuggling mostly, or at least that's all the public news nets have.

Medals
Mungo
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Post by Mungo »

JiC 1d20: [3] = 3
JiC 1d100: [63] = 63
Perception vs 24% 1d100: [90] = 90
Conditions

M.D.C. by Location:
Features:
Mungo frowns at the screen. Hmmmmm, this Modarie Family is either small fry or very careful. I haven't found out much at all. He thinks to himself. He gets up and heads back down to the others.
Bryke wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 8:40 am"Gentleman, something is coming this way. Gut Feeling."
Mungo raises an eyebrow as he enters the lobby. "Something coming eh? So is that why you're lurking in the lobby, behind a fern, stroking your cred card? You're an odd chap Bryke. I could conjurer you up an anorak and wide brimmed cloth hat to complete the pervvy image you're going for, if you like?" He asks as he passes by.

In the bar he claims his old chair back and sits down. "Well, I did a bit of amateur sleuthing and found out next to nothing. What I did find seems to place the Modarie Family up in the Docks on level two. So apparently they do actually exist, that's a start I suppose. They seemed to be involved in smuggling mostly, or at least that's all that's been broadcast on the public news nets." He shrugs his shoulders and takes a swig of his, now flat, drink. He turns up his beak at it and pushes it to the side and orders an other.

"I think Bryke is out in the lobby having a hand shandy." He adds casually.
Pertinax
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Pertinax »

pp(27%)1d100
1d20/1d100

Armor
Combat harness
Dreadmaster pants
Dreadmaster boots

Weapon
Ripper vibro-knife

Pertinax quietly nurses his drink while he listens to Az Rael and Mungo discuss their next target, the Modarie Family. Perhaps target is too strong of a word, as Pertinax begins to think of ways to capture one of their enforcers and extract information from him in a variety of horrible ways. Fool! You need to their help. Make friends.

He asks, "Do we have a way of contacting the Modarie organization? What do we know about Croc? Is it a person or a bar?"
Pertinax
Bryke

Post by Bryke »

Conditions:
Sixth Sense
HF 10

Bryke catches a glimpse of Scythe, and heads over to him to see what is going on. When Bryke gets there, The Promethean makes this statement, “A huddle-up, without The Promethean, say it aint so.

"What's a hand-shandy?" Bryke asks looking at Mungo.

Gentlemen be on guard, something comes our way.” The Time Master interjects directly. “This one senses it.”

Bryke then listens in on whatever conversation(s) were happening.

'They called a meeting without this one- must have been impromptu.'
OOC Comments
Natural Abilities

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:

Call Names/Nicknames:
Bryke, Wraith
Consumer
Game Master

Post by Consumer »

Anias Hotel

None used.

Bar
All

The group continues to discuss the situation, even Bryke joins the group. Pertinax asks about the Modarie Crime Family and how to contact them or whether Croc is a person or place, but no one has an answer.

The group is almost startled when the Bartender approaches. ”Croc is both, his nightclub is named after him. You likely will find the Modarie there as well, I’ve heard they set up shop at one of the side tables. Just look for the ogre with a cephalopod. Oh, sorry didn’t mean to butt in, but I could see you guys seemed stumped for something. Also here is another round of drinks, on the house.” The bartender says before setting a variety of drinks in front of each person sitting.

Medals
Pertinax
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Pertinax »

Perception (27%) 1d100: [89] = 89
JiC 1d20: [14] = 14 / 1d100: [82] = 82

Armor
Combat harness
Dreadmaster pants
Dreadmaster boots

Weapon
Ripper vibro-knife

The bartender catches Pertinax off guard. The information, much like the drinks, have been exactly what Pertinax wanted at the moment. He decides to press this further and asks, "Thank you my good man. Do you have directions to the bar as well?"

Assuming that the bartender can provide this, Pertinax will give him a polite not. He is good, too good. He must be laying a trap for you. Does he work for the Modarie. The thought is enough to sober Pertinax and he politely pushes his drink 4 inches away. After a moment, he asks for the check. When it arrives he looks over his tab, and then adds a 15.1% tip to the bill. While he might be an enemy agent, the service was outstanding and deserves to be compensated generously.

With the bill settled, Pertinax will go with the other Rogues to this bar. When he walks in, the dreadmaster will scan the room for a table with an ogre and someone with tentacles, just like bartender said. Instead of walking to the table he goes to the bartender and orders a round of drinks for the team. He then leans in and asks, "What do I need to do to get invited to the far table?"
Pertinax
Mungo
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Post by Mungo »

JiC 1d20: [3] = 3
JiC 1d100: [96] = 96
Perception v 24% 1d100: [34] = 34
Conditions

M.D.C. by Location:
Features:
Mungo surveys the range of drinks that the bartender supplied along with some very tasty information. Well well, this is quite an unexpected turn of events. Clearly not a 'standard' hotel. Hi Ho, one doesn't look a gift beast of burden in the mouth and all that. He thinks to himself. He wastes no time in grabbing, to his eye at least, the tastiest looking drinks.
Bryke wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 8:40 am"What's a hand-shandy?"
Mungo looks back at Bryke. "It's a rather jaunty term for an masturbation incident. Hang about, is that even a need for your species? ... NO! don't answer that. Now, of course you weren't actually touching your genitals, I was just bringing attention to your odd behavior. It was an attempt at - now ruined - humorous exaggeration. Anyway it's 'hand' because you use your hand to... you know. Followed by 'Shandy' because it's a watered down experience. A Shandy is a delightfully refreshing combination of Beer and Lemonade. It's not a real beer, but it's got more kick than a mere Lemonade. Therefore, by extension, a hand shandy is a watered down sexual experience. It's not the real thing but better than nothing. Additionally it gives the thing a harmless, humorous and yet slightly cultured tone. I'm sure that you could order a shandy here and the bartender would simply serve one. That other bar we went to where the Bartender told you to piss off would not - too cultured for that crowd. You'd get laughed at.

It also added a hint of harmlessness to your antics in the lobby. You know, hanging out, looking around while stroking your credit card. It was weird, my good man you should stop it. It'll get you in trouble if you keep it up. Anyway, if I'd chosen to say you were out there 'jacking off', well that would imply your were being much more aggressive about it. Which you weren't. You were being a bit creepy, lurking oddly but ultimately harmless."
He replies then drains his current glass.
Bryke wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 8:40 am“Gentlemen be on guard, something comes our way. This one senses it.”

Mungo looks around seeing not much of note, or that could just be the effects of the booze. "My good man, could you be a little more specific? Are we taking about watch your wallets, or draw weapons now!

When the team goes to the other bar Mungo follows along. He keeps an eye out for the Orge with a cephalopod, but otherwise he keeps fairly quiet and lets the others find a table and set up a tab. Hmmm, I do wonder if I've had a bit too much to drink for this kind of situation... Ah, no matter! It leads a certain authenticity to .... um, whatever it is we're trying to accomplish. Oh yes, looking for work! That's it.
Bryke

Post by Bryke »

Perception: 34% 1d100: [98] = 98
JiC d20/d100: 1d20: [19] = 19 / 1d100: [19] = 19

Conditions:
Sixth Sense
HF 10

Ahhh sadly, that particular jokes humor was lost on this one... would have provoked a good laugh were it not however. Hmmm this one has missed out on a good sparring match of ribbing... and the chance to strike back... hmmm next time Mungo... you multi-dangular ... cephalopod? cuspid? ... this one will be ready.

Bryke blinks in absent-minded fashion at the explanation Mungo says, in an attempt to get back at Mungo by pretending to be even more oblivious than Bryke actually was.

After listening to what Mungo says about Bryke “fondling its credit card oddly” The Promethean begins to rebuttle, “This one wasn-“ but a passing glance toward its now fiddling hands around the card cause Bryke to flinch and stop momentarily.

When did this one gain a nervous tick.”

The Promethean, partly ignores Mungo’s last question on “level of concern” due to not being quite sure on how to answer honestly.

This one does sense a foreboding... not certain where it is from however.. based on these ‘dread’ filled feelings, gentlemen ‘grab your weapons’ is what this one should be saying... but why- and not even this ones fear supressing mantra has brought any relief it seems.

Bryke turns to thinking about where its nervous tick came from, while also standing near the group and listening as they are seated- ever the sentry as it were.
OOC Comments
Natural Abilities

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:

Call Names/Nicknames:
Bryke, Wraith
Consumer
Game Master

Post by Consumer »

Anias Hotel

None used.

Bar
All

Approximately half the group sits quietly while Mungo, Pertinax, and Bryke talk. Bryke continues to tell the others about impending doom, but can’t place it. Eventually, Pertinax and Mungo get up from the table, and make their way out of the Hotel.

(GM Note: The rest may follow if they would like, or not, it’s not something I’m forcing. ~Consumer)

Medals
Pertinax
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Pertinax »

Perception (30%) 1d100: [15] = 15
JiC 1d20: [17] = 17 / 1d100: [40] = 40

Armor
Combat harness
Dreadmaster pants
Dreadmaster boots

Weapon
Ripper vibro-knife

Returning back to the Hotel Anais, Pertinax goes straight to the bar. If it's the same bartender from earlier, he gives a polite nod. You genuinely trust the human? Funny how that works. When the man comes by, Pertinax gives a toothy grin. "Surprise me."

He takes his drink to an empty table and sits down with Mungo. "Well, I do not feel better after our conversation with Croc. Thoughts?"

While Mungo lays out his reaction, Pertinax nods and takes long sips of his drink. Then he offers his perspective. "It is hard to say why the Raggedy Man is after us. Every one of us has a number of powerful enemies that could have hired him. If we do go to his lair, we might find some clues."
Pertinax
Mungo
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Post by Mungo »

JiC
JiC
Perception vs 24%
conditions
P.P.E.: 74/99

M.D.C. by Location:
Features:
Pertinax wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:24 pm"Well, I do not feel better after our conversation with Croc. Thoughts?"
Mungo looks up as he copies the notes he took on conjured paper over to hotel stationery. He holds up a tentacle, indicating that he's almost done, and finishes the last of the notes. He sits back in his chair, head propped up thoughtfully by several tentacles. "Well, this seems like a very tough egg to crack. Too tough, because even if we crack it we have no idea if RM will actually 'talk' to us. I had a bad feeling out this caper before talking to Croc and he has just confirmed those misgivings. To be frank, I think this is an absolute shit show and we're better off leaving dear ol' RM well enough alone. I fear I am not alone in this conclusion... where do you think Alex, Scythe, Raz and creepy ol' Bryke have gone off to? Hmm? I think they've seen the writing on the wall and gotten out while the going is good. Well, not that good, but not that bad either. It seems you and I are left holding the short end of the stick." So that's why I'm in a bar drinking with a Tarlok wondering what will happen next. So much for getting hired by the high and mighty Thraxus. It's all a bit disappointing really.
Consumer
Game Master

Post by Consumer »

The comedic duo of Pertinax and Mungo, return to the Anais hotel. The concierge approaches them with a pair of hand written notes. "Your companions left these." He says, handing them over and scuttling off. The duo makes their way to the bar and almost as if reading Pertinax mind the Bartender starts mixing drinks before he's even asked. The pair sit at a lonely table and look at the messages.
Alex wrote:I have some urgent family business to take care of. I most likely will return soon, but wanted to warn you ahead of time so as to not worry. ~Alex
The note appears pretty fresh, likely written in the past hour.
Scythe wrote:My master calls me away. I know not if I will return.
The note is a bit older, several hours ago at least.

The Bartender brings the drinks over. They are cloudy like storms held in stasis, and taste almost as electrifying.

"I'm making my way to some mages that live on this level, you should join me. ***Rough directions follow*** Look for a black tower." Bryke says over the radio, the duo can't but help to hear the sound of absolute exhaustion in the Promethean's voice.
Medals

Return to “Dead Planets”