BRAVO: Smash or Be Smashed

In Century Station Operation Overlord has begun, villains beware!

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Wi-Fi
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 747
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:28 am

Re: BRAVO: Smash or Be Smashed

Post by Wi-Fi »

Perception: 1d100: [57] = 57 / 62%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [16] = 16 | 1d100: [19] = 19
Off Topic
"Car belongs to Zeke Hiller, aged 29 years old. Assuming that's him, he has a few DUI's that are about a decade old. Looks like he got sober and kept out of trouble since then. Picked a hell of a day to fall off the wagon.
All it takes is one bad day ist it? she thinks, Whoever this 'Silas' is he must be important. This was the key. If she could help prevent what happened to Silas she might get Hiller to help them.
Off Topic
"No idea who the other guy is. But whoever he is, he's been having a very different night. His side of the car is clean. Not even a gum wrapper. All the liquor bottles are on the driver's side."
"So a clean car, What do we have on Hiller? and can we get a photo of the man to confirm his ID sent to my wrist computer? Check if he has any associates or family with the name 'Silas'? Likely a relation or a younger person in his life. Maybe a friend or co-worker. Also, run the photo of our unknown through the list of dead or missing people. he may have faked his death or using another Identity." she told Transit. looking to Guardian plus she answers.
Off Topic
"I'll help the EMT's load 'Felix' into the ambulance." The sound of police sirens gets closer, and he then points to Zeke. "Want to take 'Oscar' in for questioning?"
"May as well bring 'Oscar' in. What 'Oscar' said strikes me as a bit more than Coincidence. The car is clean except for the bottles. Remind the police to keep an eye on 'Felix'." the woman replied approaching Zeke. A drunk was probably a safe bet. Still best to be on guard just in case. Checking Hiller and reduces toxins in his system on the way to or at the station. Drunk the man was no help and right now she needed to know why the car hit. The unknown man was likely from out of town or listed as dead. Being dead meant a lot of benefits that an enterprising criminal can enjoy.

Psionic abilities used: 6d6: [2, 6, 5, 4, 4, 4] = 25
OOC Comments
Psychic purification (8 ISP)
OOC Comments
Range: Touch.
Duration: Immediate.
Length of Trance: 6D6 minutes of meditation.
I.S.P.: 8
Saving Throw: None.
The healer can use his abilities to slow a person's metabolism and destroy chemicals, drugs, poisons, and toxins in the body. The effects of the drugs/impurities are immediately halted at the beginning of the meditation and completely destroyed/negated by its end. Damage sustained prior to the psychic's intervention still remains.
If my post is too stupidly written to read...ask me for a translation or hit me up in Hangouts.
Image
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
Bonuses in green apply only when force aura is active.
PPE: 15
ISP: 94/140
HP: 30 (34 with aura)
SDC: 47 (260)
Aura: 240/260 (Aura also gives superhuman strength)
Swarm status: 5 (all healthy)
Stubby/Rover/Sparky/Nameless #1/Nameless #2
SDC: 50/50/50/50/50
TRS-13
SDC: 50
AR: 6

CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig (Patron Item)
Image
Features:
• 12 attachment points
• Integrated IRMSS: 20,000 credits to recharge (R:UE, p.263)
Attachment points can be utilized to carry 1 each of the following item types: sidearm, magazine, E-clip, grenade, canteen, food ration pack, minor items or individual tools.

• Attachment: Clip (Rocksalt)
• Attachment: Clip (Rocksalt)
• Attachment: Clip (Armor Piercing)
• Attachment: Clip (Armor Piercing)
• Attachment: Clip (Shok Lock Cartridges)
• Attachment: Clip (Shok Lock Cartridges)
• Attachment: Clip (Multi-ball -Low Lethality)
• Attachment: Clip (Multi-ball -Low Lethality)
• Attachment: Flash Pack
• Attachment: Flash Pack
• Attachment: Voice recorder Pack
• Attachment: Voice recorder Pack

Omega Field Kit
Collapsible fiberglass nightstick - 1D6 Damage
(2) Dosimeter clip badge
(20) Disposable gloves
(30) Evidence bags
First Aid Kit
Flashlight
Fold-able gas mask
Multitool
(5) Signal flares
(6) Zip ties

Shock Gloves:
• Range: Melee
• Damage: None. This gloves discharge an energy charge that short circuits the nervous system. Victims are dazed, -10 to strike, parry and dodge for 2d4 melee rounds.
A successful saving throw means the person has successfully fought off the effect and is unimpaired. Roll to save against each strike. Saving throw versus toxins.
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only, five shots total per melee
• Payload: 10/10 shots per charge (no clip)
User avatar
Sicilia
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:20 pm

Re: BRAVO: Smash or Be Smashed

Post by Sicilia »

Perception: 1d100: [19] = 19 / 51%
JiC d100: 1d100: [26] = 26 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [2] = 2

As Special K works his theatrics, while Sicilia doesn't share in the crowd's cheers, she can't help but feel a little stir of excitement, resisting the urge to pull out her notepad to jot down notes, knowing doing so in such a controlled area was likely a bad plan. I'm glad I'm not being sent up there. My abilities are not nearly as intriguing as Rook's or Sentinel's.

Still, labelled as just a guest, there wasn't a whole lot of wandering she could get away with, though the age-old trick of asking for a restroom was always a possibility. I can do my best to memorize the people in this crowd, the others might be too busy with their performances to do so. Using her reporter's eye, she does her best to take in the appearance of each other in the crowd that she can glance at without seeming too odd doing do, such as the lithe woman sitting to her side.

She reaches out with her mind to Rook, only the winged human able to hear her mental words as she says, I've been stuck in the gallery, wasn't able to stay in the back. I'll do my best to memorize some of the faces out here, it might be useful for Guardian when we're done.
Sicilia
An Italian Noodle who bites back!
Gear and Current Status
Quick Stats
I.S.P.: 39/39
H.P.: 34/34
S.D.C.: 99/99
User avatar
Iron Maiden
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun May 03, 2020 3:38 pm
Contact:

Re: BRAVO: Smash or Be Smashed

Post by Iron Maiden »

Perception (26%): 1d100: [56] = 56
JIC (1d20/1d100): 1d20: [18] = 18 / 1d100: [67] = 67

The paint sprayer is a bit of a surprise, but an anti-tampering system is to be expected. She pretty much ignores the old man as she tries to figure out if there is more paint in the reserve, she may be able to use it to mark her trail, which would solve one of her problems.

Mechanical Engineer (71%): 1d100: [8] = 8 Figure out paint device

At least she will not be easily recognizable as Chastity, that is a bonus.

Once she has figured out the paint sprayer (if she can). She will start heading back...but not being in as much of a hurry she does it a bit differently. She turns her feet into Roller Blades and skates back the way she came.

1) If she has the paint sprayer working, she will paint a small blue arrow at the base of a crosswalk pole pointing the way back here each time she turns. If not, she will notch an arrow into the curb near street-level by making her hands into chisels and hammers. Most people should not be looking that far down.

It will take her more than twice as long to get back because of pausing to mark the path, but by the time she gets there, she will be almost healed. She is also not particularly good at finding her way around in strange cities, but she was raised on the street (to some extent), so she has some idea who to ask.

Streetwise (61%): 1d100: [54] = 54 Ask for directions
Iron Maiden
Natural AR 11
HP: 141/141
SDC: 945/945
Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every 2 rounds

CLOCKWORK WOLF
Natural AR 16
SDC: 150
User avatar
Sentinel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 358
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:05 pm

Re: BRAVO: Smash or Be Smashed

Post by Sentinel »

Sentinel Prime
Location: Metropolis: On stage with Rook
Perception: 1d100: [68] = 68 /80% (+15% to recognizing the arcane,+15% regarding technology)
D20 JiC: 1d20: [16] = 16 / D100 JiC: 1d100: [70] = 70

Skills/Powers used:
Energy Expulsion: Dimensional Energy
Multi-Tasking (PU1)
Summon and Command Small Animals (AU)- Golden Wonder Killifish
Multiple Beings/Selves
Teleport

Yellow Dragon
OOC Comments
Languages: N:Class-Chinese/Mandarin, English, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Japanese, Hindi/Urdu
P.P.E.: 452/452 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 753/753 AR: 16
Spell reference at this Link
Conditions: Immune to Magic, Illusions, Possession, Poison, Drugs, And Disease. Mind Block Auto-Defense. Does not tire. Half damage from Cold. Radiates no heat and is invisible to infrared and heat sensors. Immune to pressure; solid stone. Regenerates 6d6 SDC/Melee. Detect magic (also items), Psionics, Supernatural, Seismic, and Dimensional/Teleportation.
Awe and/or Horror Factor 14: Enemies must roll a 15 or higher on a twenty-sided die to avoid being momentarily awestruck. A failed roll means the individual loses initiative, one of his melee attacks. In this case, roll each melee round in which the character with the divine aura is attacked or speaks.
A divine radiance coming from Sentinel and his voice is more than a little compelling to those listening.
Abnormal Energy Sense: 84% / 1d100: [64] = 64

Spells: Fleet Feet, Time Slip x38, Life Source

Butcher Bill: Fleet Feet 20 PPE, Time Slip x38 Time slip 20 PPE each cast
Life Source (to fuel Time Slip along with standard PPE)



When was the last time I had an audience captive to myself? Does the reporter and all of Century Station count? Well the stage is set and I am ready for another show, let the show begin! Sentinel thinks walking forwards looking out over the crowd gathered to watch their performances, his and Rooks. He stands there slowly looking back and forth at the crowd thinking how he should play the part. He had seen countless different performers over the millennia. Something more recent I think is suitable. he decides to settle on a showman he had watched eighty-some years ago at a circus roadshow. Impersonate Specific Occupation -- 114%/ 1d100: [96] = 96

”Welcome to the show! I am Emperor Qin Chi Zheng, and you may not know me, but you won’t forget me after today! Don’t blink, or you will miss the show!” he says bowing ostentatiously with an arm out to the side and one tucked at his waist, he blips ever so slightly to the right an inch or so, just enough to make one’s eyes engage saccade rhythm. Teleport 100%/ 1d100: [77] = 77 , Biology 104%/ 1d100: [62] = 62 And for good measure he does it one more time, ”You blinked already?!” he announces sounding incredulous with a jovial smile filled with stony teeth that betrays his mock tones. ”Alright promise you won’t blink again will you?” He says with mock seriousness as he calls forth an ectype blocked from line of sight behind him to step, ”I’d hate to have to repeat myself.” the ectype says stepping to the side finishing the gag. Sentinel turns in mock shock at the arrival of the new ectype in surprise as they point at each other. Feigning an exaggerated recovery back to his senses he continues,”Well since you are here, would you give me a hand and explain to these fine folks what I am going to do?” Sentinel asks his ectype.

The ectype explains, ” My partner here is about to create a wondrous thing to behold out of that water there. Don’t blink! It won’t last long.”, says the stone copy.

As the ectype explains Sentinel moves over to the tank of water and washes his hands in the tub clearly showing it is full of water, and playfully splashes some towards the crowd. As they react he quickly casts a spell, fleet feet, ”Remember! Don’t blink or you may miss it.” he says taking a mock step-and-hop at incredible speed pantomiming the teleport he had already done in jest to mess with their eyes.

”Watch the water.” the ectype whispers loudly and theatrically. I will have to be perfect to accomplish this. he muses as he begins casting time slip and prepares to build a work of art.

[Sentinel casts Time Slip giving himself 7 seconds of time out of time. This gives him 5 seconds before he has to cast it again. He works fast and diligently able to move at blinding speed, his hands aided by Fleet Feet and multi-action power. He can cast Time Slip this way about 37 times giving himself a usable time of 185 seconds or 3 minutes. With fleet feet and multi-action, he has about 20 or 40 actions respectively using both hands over 15 seconds and about 6-7 or 12-14 actions respectively per time slip. He rapidly makes a dragon out of the water taking advantage of the paused time with the water hanging in place. The dragon will be about 7 feet tall, as high as he could reach, and compensates for the lack of height by making its wingspan 3 times as wide. About part when most of the body and wings are formed he calls forth 60 lbs of Golden Wonder Killifish (100s) placing throughout giving it a tremendously golden sheen in the floodlight of the stage and amplified by the magnifying effect of the water. Art 79%/ 1d100: [39] = 39 Right before the last time slip ends sentinel uses Energy Expulsion: Dimensional Energy blast Loss of Gravity at the base of it on the ground in a 21 foot diameter encompassing the creation. 1d20: [16] = 16 +8 = Success 1d4 melees active/ 1d4: [2] = 2 Lasts for 30 seconds before collapsing to gravity.

Ending the last time slip, Sentinel stands and admires the creation that can now scintillate as the fish move and bring it to life. Turning to the crowd he bows with a final flourish and leaves the stage.
Yellow Dragon Ledger
[ooc]Languages: N:Class-Chinese/Mandarin,English, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Japanese, Hindi/Urdu
P.P.E.: 452/452| H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 753/753 AR: 16 Save vs. Awe/Horror:14 (16) for words spoken and each attack against Sentinel
Spell reference at this Link
Ectype 1
Ectype P.P.E.: 452/452 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 753/753 Equipment: Mobile Compact Computer/ HUD interface, Neckband Radio/ID transponders
Ectype 2
Ectype P.P.E.: 452/452 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 753/753 Equipment: Robot Repair Kit with sophisticated tools, Neckband Radio/ID transponders
Ectype 3
Ectype P.P.E.: 452/452 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 753/753 Weapon: 40mm MM-1 Multiple Grenade Launcher Equipment: Neckband Radio/ID transponders[/ooc]
ImageImage
User avatar
Rook
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:54 pm
Location: Alberta, Canada
Contact:

Re: BRAVO: Smash or Be Smashed

Post by Rook »

Location: Unknown arena
Status: Healthy, nervous

Perception 30%: 1d100: [32] = 32
JIC D20: 1d20: [10] = 10
JIC D100: 1d100: [78] = 78
Greene wrote:Nearby, Greene takes Rook and Sentinel's equipment requests in stride. He reaches into a nearby gym bag and pulls out a purple velvet Crown Royal that contains assorted hardware supplies - nails, washers, a few door hinges, and one dozen ball bearings. "If you're going to launch those, I'll have some targets set up. As for flying, we got a hoop course you can follow. It has a lot of dynamic moves that will show just how good you are on your wings."
Rook nods, though the idea of trying to fly through wings does leave her feeling concerned; clearing her throat, she fingers the small pieces of metal, looking back to their host. "How wide are the rings? I have a total wingspan of roughly twenty feet, and having some clearance would be ideal."

When it is show-time, Rook steps closer to Sentinel, looking up to him. "I won't lie I'm a little nervous, not a fan of crowds... especially crowds focused on me. Do you mind going first?" she asks in a low tone, hoping that he can hear her over the din.
Special K wrote:He then charges through the stage's curtain, using his new claws to tear it to shreds. "I AM THE MAXX!!!" The crowd goes wild. He laughs and continues. "Kidding, of course. I am your host Special K, joined by our lovely Ring Girl, Minnie. And we want to welcome you to the Arena, where we have a wild card ahead of you. ARE YOU READY!"

The crowd cheers even louder. "Well let's get things started with some POWER DEMONSTRATIONS!" And with those words it is time to perform.
Once Special K has gone out to start pumping up the crowd, Rook quietly activates the body-cam, glad that it is built into the suit - as no one had at any point said anything to her about it, she assumes that it is well hidden. 'Lets hope that its not being jammed or whatever, by what Greene did earlier,' the young woman quietly worries. The roar of the crowd doesn't help. Swallowing hard, the she follows Sentinel out onto the stage.

While the Emperor does his own act, Rook takes the time to study first the rings that she is expected to fly through, trying to judge whether she will be able to fit her wings through them or not, as well as what might be the best path through. Next, she looks for the targets that she'll be using to show off her metal darts, mapping out in her mind a course she can take to try and impress the crowd.

Once it is her turn, the young woman draws a deep breath, then steps forward and spreads her wings wide before taking to the air; she hovers a few feet above the stage for a few seconds before launching herself up towards the first. Rooks wings beat hard at the air as they carry her up to an altitude higher than the first ring, allowing her to dive through it with improved speed; a second ring is flow through a few heartbeats later before the heroine swoops down to fling volleys of metal darts at the first two targets, in a sort of strafing-type attack.

Rook continues this display for another thirty or so seconds, going doing her best to combine or alternate maneuvering with target practice until finally, after the final target is downed she lands close to Sentinel - flying low across the stage then pulling up short and tucking her wings in, then dropping down to her feet and into a kneeling position - the stereotypical 'superhero landing' one might see in movies.

Breathing hard, Rook closes her eyes as she tries to catch her breath, willing the adrenaline flowing through her to slow or stop. 'C'mon, before I start shaking so much that I topple over...' she mouths to herself, extending her wings a foot or so to help with balance.

Entertainment Rolls
Flying through the rings 'dodge' rolls - each 1d20+13
1: 1d20+13: [2]+13 = 15
2: 1d20+13: [18]+13 = 31
3: 1d20+13: [4]+13 = 17
4: 1d20+13: [12]+13 = 25
5: 1d20+13: [18]+13 = 31

Shooting targets - each 1d20+6
1: 1d20+6: [3]+6 = 9
2: 1d20+6: [11]+6 = 17
3: 1d20+6: [11]+6 = 17
4: 1d20+6: [7]+6 = 13
5: 1d20+6: [5]+6 = 11
Note: I can't remember which bonus to use for the metal shards attack, if its the +6 bonus on Rooks sheet, or if it works like firearms and gets no inherent bonuses - since it is a power rather than an item, I am assuming it gets the bonuses. If not, subtract 6 from each roll.
User avatar
CHIMERA
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:00 pm
Location: AGM HU: CS

Re: BRAVO: Smash or Be Smashed

Post by CHIMERA »

Undercard
Megapolis
Date: Monday, April 6th, 2043
Weather: Clear skies, warm (67 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 8:00 pm

From her perch in the audience, Sicilia has a prime view of the Arena as it is about to begin. Then she feels a slight tingle run through the length of the body. She doesn't need to run to the restroom, so to speak, though that wouldn't be a bad idea. It has been over five months since the last time that she has shed her skin.* Her scales are turning a bright purple flecked with dark blue, an effect of the scales detaching and reflecting the lights of the Arena. The woman sitting next to her, puts down her spliff. "Damn girl, you look like my handbag," she says raising a very expensive looking snakeskin purse embroidered with leather. "You sell?"

Sicilia needs to decide if she wants to shed in private and miss Sentinel taking the stage, or stay and watch. The ring girl, Minnie is a tiny Asian woman with a very athletics frame, walks on the stage, holding up a card saying "The Yellow Dragon", and Sentinel enters with a dramatic flair. Except it is not a stage, the audience is all above him in a balcony, and surrounding him are three cameras. It is a TV studio. There is some polite clapping from the gallery, a few are impressed by the minor act of teleportation; from stage left someone shouts, "LAAAAAAAAAAME!" (There's always a critic.) Summoning an an ectype gets a bigger response: a flurry of murmurs, a few people leaning over the gallery railing. They're not excited, they are interested, very interested. When Sentinel is finished he is met with a hearty applause. The crowd is not going wild, they are appreciative, like a room full of investors impressed by a new business venture. And Sentinel walks off the stage feeling like he will get an offer to fight again. Greene seems to agree judging from the sinister smile he has.

Minnie walks across the stage again, holding a new card saying "Steel Seraph", not knowing what Rook's handle is Greene came up with one of his own. She hardly notices, as she's mapping out her path through the ringed flight course, but she doesn't have time to spot the targets before she's called up. Sasha taps her chest to pump herself up and hopefully turn on her body cam (in theory it should still be recording), before running onstage with a polite nod, and then immediately she takes flight. Flying towards the first ring she sees the targets peppered near each ring, it distracts her and she catchers her foot on the ring missing her target. There's a collective groan from the gallery as it looks like she's going to crash hard. Instead, Rook makes a sharp turn, correcting her course. It's a brilliant move and she can feel crowd's respect; so naturally, she drills two ball ball bearings right through the second and third targets. A few more quick turns shows that she is proficient at building her speed while making quick moves, and the cheering grows steadily as Rook flies through the topmost ring fourth and zips through the final ring before expanding her wings in a violent jerk that allows for a swift and flawless landing. Silence, as Minnie walks to the stage and cries, "Our young Seraph ran through the course in a respectable 22.4 seconds!" The crowd goes wild! Not a record (18.3 seconds), but definitely an impressive time especially for a rough start. "And bonus points for hitting four out of five targets!" Rook walks backstage to steady applause.

Down the street, Iron Maiden is putting on her own Blue Woman Solo Show. A quick inspection of her suit reveals that there are a number of single-use blue paint packets. When she decided play with the wiring she set one on herself. She also spots a secondary defense system, any attempt to tamper with one of the suits critical systems will release an electric jolt to the person doing the tampering.** Blue, cranky, and tired, she turns her feet into rollerblades and starts to skate down the street and clear her head. She skates through the west side of Megapolis until she hits Little Sparta the Greek/hipster neighborhood. A group of teenagers on skateboards wheel up to her and shout, "Yo, blueberry! Where you going?"

She tells them which precinct she wants to get to and they challenger her to a race. Can Iron Maiden keep up?

She will hope to join Wi-Fi for part of her interrogation of the man that hit her car, Zeke Hiller. He is sitting in an interrogation room, a mop of blonde hair over his face. He's sobered up, but he's still visibly distressed. According to the info Transit can pull he's fallen off the wagon after a number of years of sobriety, then he deliberately hit a police car, but he seems to feel worst for whatever he did to his buddy Silas.

After the power demonstrations are over, Silas is called to the stage. He nervously walks up to the stage, Special K leading him with a hand on his shoulder. Minnie takes a microphone and says, "As you all know, we pride the audience of our Arena shows for their discretion. We don't just let anyone see the next crop of super-criminals in person. And all we ask is that you kindly do not disclose the results of the Arena fights until our show is posted online."

"That's right Minh," Special K says taking his hand off of Silas. "We don't have many rules, but we enforce them. And that includes the strictest code of secrecy." The young man's eyes wild with fear. He puts his hands together as if he's trying to summon some energy. Special K stops him with a burst of lightening from his hands. "Take Silas here: he secretly placed a number of bets on the last Arena show with a bookie friend of his. And while we trust our network of bookies to enforce the rules among ourselves, fighters that break the rules are dealt by me!"

At this moment everyone realizes why the GPS units and radios are still scrambled. And why the police have never been able to track the Arena in the first place. They are not broadcasting the fights live, the Arena is filmed before a live studio audience.

This realization is harshly interrupted by a large burst of electricity from Special K's hands. He continues to zap Silas for a full 20 seconds, until smoke is pooling over his body. The entire Arena complex is silent. The woman sitting next to Sicilia takes out another spliff and takes a long drag. She holds it in front of Sicilia. "Fuck, that right there is just... fuck." Backstage, Rook and Sentinel watch next to a stone faced Greene. He is not happy to watch one of his fighters die like that, but he abides the rules. As do all the other fighters; they are caught between grief at a fallen comrade and contempt for someone that broke their code.

\What do you do?

Butcher's Bill
Iron Maiden: - 20 H.P. (Cumulative)^
Wi-Fi: - 22 I.S.P.^^

* According to everything I've looked, I cannot see a reason why Sicilia would continue growing by the age of 17, even if we slow down her aging process. She is a fully grown adult snake. But she would still regularly shed her skin every several months (3 - 5 in a normal asp or when she levels up), and you can RP those effects.
** The suit is insulated to protect the wearer if this defense is triggered, that is unless the person wearing the suit is also doing the tampering.
^ Iron Maiden has recovered 15 H.P. since the last GM post for your reference.
^^ I apologize for putting this up late, but this total includes doing a psychic diagnosis on both Hiller and his passenger (info him soon enough), using healing touch on the passenger, and of course psychic purification on Hiller. Thanks for reminding me to keep this tally.
User avatar
Wi-Fi
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 747
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:28 am

Re: BRAVO: Smash or Be Smashed

Post by Wi-Fi »

Perception: 1d100: [41] = 41 / 62%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [16] = 16 | 1d100: [42] = 42
Pre-Spanish Inquisition:
"Who is this Silas fellow? It will be useful to know about him. Hiller said the name just after the crash when he was drunk. Check Hillers Associates, friends, and contacts he may have. My suit has a radio so you can send me the info quietly if the search takes too long. It is just a first name. but it is all we have. I will ask about Silas as well." she asks via radio or phone to Transit, "Also get some good coffee and tea for our friend here. my detox trick would have taken care of the alcohol and hangover If I did it. Tea or coffee might make him settle down easier. If there is a camera in there I want footage for the questioning." the woman asked before looking to the door to the interrogation room. Part of it was the fact she was not a local and that is a big part. Nothing to be done there either.

I requested info on Silas. Maybe I was not clear or perhaps these people just don't like me? Hell, CSPD all over again better to not be rude since I have no local credit. she thinks to herself. Long as the team does their job and stays as safe as they can be is all that matters. Speaking of she also needs to find Ironmaiden.

"Transit, see if you can get radio contact with Ironmaiden. she drove off while we were T-boned by the guy in interrogation. She was likely trying to tail them." Wi-Fi added remembering the details of the event a little more clearly.

If Guadian Plus is around ignore the next part:
OOC Comments
"Is GP around this is his turf. So he has better local knowledge than I do." she asked. I can manage if needed.
If Guardian Plus is near her:
OOC Comments
"Shall we get this done so I can get out of your city?" she joked, "Ready when you are."
and no one suspects it..

"Mr.Hiller, Would you prefer Tea or Coffee?" she asks calmly while taking a seat. There was little point in asking about why he T-Boned the car. that was clear enough as to why that happened. so she focused questioning on Silas and the Passenger. Why they were there would give more clues than drunken ramblings. Silas would be the most effective way to get the info out him. Perhaps helping Silas might earn trust from Hiller.


Questions asked:
"I would like to know who this 'Silas' fellow is you mentioned."

"There was a gentleman in the passenger seat what can you tell bout him?"

"Who did your passenger work for?"

"Why was your passenger there?"

(other questions pending. they depend on the responses of Hiller)

If Hiller mentions the 'fighting society':
"What exactly did you do in the organization?

What made you quit the organization?

"Did your Passenger work with them as well?

What was your passenger's role in the organization?

Silas:
"What exactly did Silas do in the organization? (If not said )

"Did Silas work with them in other areas as well?

How can we help Silas if he is in trouble?
Last edited by Wi-Fi on Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
If my post is too stupidly written to read...ask me for a translation or hit me up in Hangouts.
Image
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
Bonuses in green apply only when force aura is active.
PPE: 15
ISP: 94/140
HP: 30 (34 with aura)
SDC: 47 (260)
Aura: 240/260 (Aura also gives superhuman strength)
Swarm status: 5 (all healthy)
Stubby/Rover/Sparky/Nameless #1/Nameless #2
SDC: 50/50/50/50/50
TRS-13
SDC: 50
AR: 6

CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig (Patron Item)
Image
Features:
• 12 attachment points
• Integrated IRMSS: 20,000 credits to recharge (R:UE, p.263)
Attachment points can be utilized to carry 1 each of the following item types: sidearm, magazine, E-clip, grenade, canteen, food ration pack, minor items or individual tools.

• Attachment: Clip (Rocksalt)
• Attachment: Clip (Rocksalt)
• Attachment: Clip (Armor Piercing)
• Attachment: Clip (Armor Piercing)
• Attachment: Clip (Shok Lock Cartridges)
• Attachment: Clip (Shok Lock Cartridges)
• Attachment: Clip (Multi-ball -Low Lethality)
• Attachment: Clip (Multi-ball -Low Lethality)
• Attachment: Flash Pack
• Attachment: Flash Pack
• Attachment: Voice recorder Pack
• Attachment: Voice recorder Pack

Omega Field Kit
Collapsible fiberglass nightstick - 1D6 Damage
(2) Dosimeter clip badge
(20) Disposable gloves
(30) Evidence bags
First Aid Kit
Flashlight
Fold-able gas mask
Multitool
(5) Signal flares
(6) Zip ties

Shock Gloves:
• Range: Melee
• Damage: None. This gloves discharge an energy charge that short circuits the nervous system. Victims are dazed, -10 to strike, parry and dodge for 2d4 melee rounds.
A successful saving throw means the person has successfully fought off the effect and is unimpaired. Roll to save against each strike. Saving throw versus toxins.
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only, five shots total per melee
• Payload: 10/10 shots per charge (no clip)
User avatar
Iron Maiden
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun May 03, 2020 3:38 pm
Contact:

Re: BRAVO: Smash or Be Smashed

Post by Iron Maiden »

Perception (29%): 1d100: [91] = 91
JIC 1d20/1d100: 1d20: [18] = 18 / 1d100: [75] = 75
CHIMERA wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:37 pm Undercard
Megapolis
Date: Monday, April 6th, 2043
Weather: Clear skies, warm (67 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 7:45 pm

Down the street, Iron Maiden is putting on her own Blue Woman Solo Show. A quick inspection of her suit reveals that there are a number of single-use blue paint packets. When she decided play with the wiring she set one on herself. She also spots a secondary defense system, any attempt to tamper with one of the suits critical systems will release an electric jolt to the person doing the tampering.** Blue, cranky, and tired, she turns her feet into rollerblades and starts to skate down the street and clear her head. She skates through the west side of Megapolis until she hits Little Sparta the Greek/hipster neighborhood. A group of teenagers on skateboards wheel up to her and shout, "Yo, blueberry! Where you going?"

She tells them which precinct she wants to get to and they challenger her to a race. Can Iron Maiden keep up?

She will hope to join Wi-Fi for part of her interrogation of the man that hit her car, Zeke Hiller. He is sitting in an interrogation room, a mop of blonde hair over his face. He's sobered up, but he's still visibly distressed. According to the info Transit can pull he's fallen off the wagon after a number of years of sobriety, then he deliberately hit a police car, but he seems to feel worst for whatever he did to his buddy Silas.

\What do you do?

Butcher's Bill
Iron Maiden: - 21 H.P. (Cumulative)^
Wi-Fi: - 22 I.S.P.^^

** The suit is insulated to protect the wearer if this defense is triggered, that is unless the person wearing the suit is also doing the tampering.
^ Iron Maiden has recovered 14 H.P. since the last GM post for your reference.
^^ I apologize for putting this up late, but this total includes doing a psychic diagnosis on both Hiller and his passenger (info him soon enough), using healing touch on the passenger, and of course psychic purification on Hiller. Thanks for reminding me to keep this tally.
Chastity will just have to be used to being called a variety of blue nicknames until she can get the paint off. It is probably designed to be hard to remove, so that may be a while.

She will accept the challenge, thinking, I am an excellent skater, I can probably win in an even race. I might impress them if I win, or even make a good showing.

She will not cheat...she can skate at a speed of 91 (which is more than 60 MPH) without motorized help, that is well over the speed most normal skaters can reach on a level surface, if anyone is faster she will congratulate them. She will still have to pause to mark turns, so that will slow her. She will try to convince them to only race on the straightaways, as she does not know the turns.

If the radio comes back on and she can communicate with Wifi, she will call in, "Iron Maiden here, I tracked the van to a sub-complex, I am on my way back and am marking the route."

If her radio is still blocked, she will follow the Skateboarders until she gets back to the accident site, or to place where we were waiting at the start, or the precinct house...whatever place along the way she knows the rest of the route back. Once she knows where she is, she will thank the Skateboarders and try to get with the local police and/or Wifi about following the trail back to where the van parked.

If she encounters a police officer before that point (pull over, you are skating faster than the speed limit), she will ask them to relay the information for her if their radio is working and show them the marks she has been leaving so thy can start following.
Iron Maiden
Natural AR 11
HP: 141/141
SDC: 945/945
Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every 2 rounds

CLOCKWORK WOLF
Natural AR 16
SDC: 150
User avatar
Rook
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:54 pm
Location: Alberta, Canada
Contact:

Re: BRAVO: Smash or Be Smashed

Post by Rook »

Location: Undisclosed Studio
Condition: Healthy, various mixed emotions

Perception 30%: 1d100: [40] = 40
JIC D20: 1d20: [4] = 4
JIC D100: 1d100: [57] = 57
Silence, as Minnie walks to the stage and cries, "Our young Seraph ran through the course in a respectable 22.4 seconds!" The crowd goes wild! Not a record (18.3 seconds), but definitely an impressive time especially for a rough start. "And bonus points for hitting four out of five targets!" Rook walks backstage to steady applause.
Once out of sight behind stage, Rook braces herself against the closest wall, starting to tremble visibly - between the adrenaline coursing through her and the nervous-fear the young woman is doing her best to stay upright, legs and arms feeling both heavy and jelly-like. Eventually she sinks down onto her butt, drawing in slow and steady breaths to try and calm her body down.

If she spots Greene or Sentinel, she'll provide as confident a grin as she can. 'Almost fucked that up right off the start, and they seemed like a tough crowd... what would have happened had I not pulled that off?' Rook reflects, closing her eyes for a moment while rubbing the heels of her palms against them.

However, something new going on on-stage draws her attention; pushing back to her feet Rook moves to stand with Sentinel, viewing the stage in whatever manner is available (OOC: IE directly from off-stage, or via remote monitor or whatnot).
After the power demonstrations are over, Silas is called to the stage. He nervously walks up to the stage, Special K leading him with a hand on his shoulder. Minnie takes a microphone and says, "As you all know, we pride the audience of our Arena shows for their discretion. We don't just let anyone see the next crop of super-criminals in person. And all we ask is that you kindly do not disclose the results of the Arena fights until our show is posted online."
'Don't disclose the results... wait, is this not being broadcast live?' Rook asks inwardly, frowning as she takes in the scene. When Special K starts to force-lightning Silas she flinches, reaching out to tightly grasp Sentinel's arm, going pale. "Good goddess..." the young woman whispers, looking over to Greene, her nervous-fear returning rapidly.
Rook and Sentinel watch next to a stone faced Greene. He is not happy to watch one of his fighters die like that, but he abides the rules. As do all the other fighters; they are caught between grief at a fallen comrade and contempt for someone that broke their code.
When there is opportunity, Rook draws over to Greene, brows furrowed. "I get there being consequences to rule-breaking, but are they always this..." here she trails off, searching for the right word - nothing that feels strong enough comes to mind, though. "This brutal?"
User avatar
Sicilia
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:20 pm

Re: BRAVO: Smash or Be Smashed

Post by Sicilia »

Perception: 1d100: [83] = 83 / 54%
JiC d100: 1d100: [27] = 27 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [20] = 20

Sicilia shifts uncomfortably as her scales begin to loosen, giving a flat hiss at the woman's suggestion that she sell her the skin. This is really poor timing, body! she exclaims to herself. As much as she wishes to watch the show, she can't just shed here. Even if she didn't have her underlying instincts warning her to hide and stay safe during her moments of weakness, scales soft while her old skin falls off, it was... embarrassing for her, to say the least.

Excuse me, but I'm not about to shed in public, she apologizes to the woman as she slithers out of her seat, making her way to the nearest restroom. As she makes her way there, she can't help but feel off as she makes her way to a women's restroom, hiding away in one of the stalls to shed in private, unsure of what to do with her previous skin as she gently slides out of it, trying to keep the discarded set of scales as intact as possible to reduce the mess.

Has it really already been five months? It was hard enough before finding a way to get rid of this thing, she grumbles to herself as she looks it over, wincing slightly at the coolness of the tiles against her soft, sensitive new set of scales. And I'm definitely going to need a shower after this.
Sicilia
An Italian Noodle who bites back!
Gear and Current Status
Quick Stats
I.S.P.: 39/39
H.P.: 34/34
S.D.C.: 99/99
User avatar
Sentinel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 358
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:05 pm

Re: BRAVO: Smash or Be Smashed

Post by Sentinel »

Sentinel Prime
Location: Metropolis: On stage with Rook
Perception: 1d100: [93] = 93 /80% (+15% to recognizing the arcane,+15% regarding technology)
D20 JiC: 1d20: [10] = 10 D100 JiC: 1d100: [9] = 9

Skills:
Yellow Dragon
OOC Comments
Languages: N:Class-Chinese/Mandarin, English, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Japanese, Hindi/Urdu
P.P.E.: 452/452 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 753/753 AR: 16
Spell reference at this Link
Conditions: Immune to Magic, Illusions, Possession, Poison, Drugs, And Disease. Mind Block Auto-Defense. Does not tire. Half damage from Cold. Radiates no heat and is invisible to infrared and heat sensors. Immune to pressure; solid stone. Regenerates 6d6 SDC/Melee. Detect magic (also items), Psionics, Supernatural, Seismic, and Dimensional/Teleportation.
Awe and/or Horror Factor 14: Enemies must roll a 15 or higher on a twenty-sided die to avoid being momentarily awestruck. A failed roll means the individual loses initiative, one of his melee attacks. In this case, roll each melee round in which the character with the divine aura is attacked or speaks.
A divine radiance coming from Sentinel and his voice is more than a little compelling to those listening.
Abnormal Energy Sense: 1d100: [6] = 6 /1d100
Spells:
Butcher Bill:
"LAAAAAAAAAAME!"
The sound echoes from the crowd to Sentinel, Indeed, you are fortunate I am busy, but not for long if I can help it. he thinks as he transformed the tub into an impressive form displaying a scintillating golden dragon upon the stage to hover in place only moments before crashing with a splash. The pool of water rushes away leaving a veil of flapping fish on the surface of the stage.

With a bow and flourish he leaves the stage to stop in the eves to watch Rook finish her routine, Not too bad, but she certainly has room to improve. I wonder how she would have done if she was enhanced by my ki. he muses but he senses a tension on the stage. He watches easily as Silas is made a demonstration of.

It is a predictable demonstration; one Sentinel has made himself many times over the years. It always leads with an explanation and then punishment before the masses, A very effective demonstration and it seems this Silas earned his punishment. he thinks with barely a thought more of the man’s life as he glances over at the woman cursing then back to the stage. Yes, I could have stopped his execution as easily as I stopped the water over the stage, but what would it have accomplished saving this Silas when I could use his death as an opportunity to do that which I had done with the reporter. But, doing so now might enrage this man called Special K. Yes, later would be more prudent. The ancient golem thinks pondering how to turn this to an advantage to his reputation in this city.

Unphased by the previous events Sentinel strolls over to where Rook and Greene are speaking to comment to Rook, ”Excellent display Mrs. Rook, though you seem aware there is room to improve if you must do that again. I have an idea how if it comes to it.”, he finishes turning slightly towards Green, ”What do you request of us to perform next?”
Yellow Dragon Ledger
[ooc]Languages: N:Class-Chinese/Mandarin,English, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Japanese, Hindi/Urdu
P.P.E.: 452/452| H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 753/753 AR: 16 Save vs. Awe/Horror:14 (16) for words spoken and each attack against Sentinel
Spell reference at this Link
Ectype 1
Ectype P.P.E.: 452/452 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 753/753 Equipment: Mobile Compact Computer/ HUD interface, Neckband Radio/ID transponders
Ectype 2
Ectype P.P.E.: 452/452 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 753/753 Equipment: Robot Repair Kit with sophisticated tools, Neckband Radio/ID transponders
Ectype 3
Ectype P.P.E.: 452/452 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 753/753 Weapon: 40mm MM-1 Multiple Grenade Launcher Equipment: Neckband Radio/ID transponders[/ooc]
ImageImage
User avatar
CHIMERA
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:00 pm
Location: AGM HU: CS

Re: BRAVO: Smash or Be Smashed

Post by CHIMERA »

Opening Strikes
Megapolis
Date: Monday, April 6th, 2043
Weather: Clear sky, warm (67 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 10:00 - 11:00 pm

The powers demonstrations end with an effective show of what type of authority is running the Arena. The show's host, Special K, zapping a fighter named Silas to death. The crowd is silent, some pleased to see the rules enforced and the others horrified by just how viscerally the rules are enforced. Backstage, the fighters are reminded how they will be dealt with if they break the rules; traitors get what traitors deserve. Greene turns to Rook and says just that, "Not for me to say. Better you know this now, girl, but the Arena is part of a much bigger organization. The powers that be have their own agenda, and that includes secrecy above all. If we want any slice of that action, we have to abide by that agenda."

A nosy reporter would be wise to learn that lesson, but Sicilia is dealing with much bigger concerns. She needs the entire ladies' room to roll out of her skin. When she has finished shedding, she tucks her discarded skin below the sink. As she is about to leave, she stops to look in the mirror. Her scales have changed, the edges have become darker and almost glassy, as if lined with obsidian. With this new look comes a new sense of power...

Back at Metropolis PD, Wi-Fi sits down with Zeke Hiller. She has all the info she has on his criminal background, a few DUI's, a few references in sports betting investigations and little else. Guardian Plus is unable to find anyone by the name of Silas in Zeke's file. "I'm going to check with the hospital on the other guy," he says to Wi-Fi before leaving. "You should be fine with this guy on your own."

So Wi-Fi grabs a cup of coffee before walking into the interrogation room alone. She hands the cup to Zeke and he starts to outline what he knows. "Silas... he's the reason I got in all of this in the first place. He's an old gym buddy of mine, used to spot him back when I was competing myself. Cleaned up, lost touch, and then out of the blue, he hits me up. Says he's working a new circuit, and he wants to place some bets but he needs me to be the front.

"I know what the deal is, but there's a very specific routine. He gives me the list of fights on a Monday night, so I place my bets on Tuesday for when the Arena fights go up on Wednesday, and then I collected the winnings on Thursday. We got caught almost immediately. They gave me a choice, either they'd kill me or I'd work for them. Except they didn't, I either did my job or the guy sitting next to me would do his. 'Otherwise I'd end up like my homie,' he said." The man gets quiet for a moment, dwelling on what he knows happened to Silas.

He answers a few more of Wi-Fi's questions. "I don't know how far Silas was in on this. He worked regularly as a fighter in the Arena, maybe he did some other work. He reached out to me because I wasn't involved. Shit, I don't want to be involved. I run numbers on amateur fights, dice games, and shit. I'm not some hit-man waiting to ram cars on command. All I know is that these people are deep and they know how to keep things hidden."*

Rook and Sentinel are learning just how deep the Arena runs, as Greene puts his hand on the Yellow Dragon's shoulder. "That was real interesting demonstration. We can definitely find work for someone with your talents. Not fighting, of course, but you should get several job offers in the next week. If you don't hear anything, come down to the gym and I'll get you another power demonstration. But a man with your skills, you're going to find work pretty quick here."

He turns to Rook, "Those were some sharp moves, I bet you would do good at the races. We got a guy that runs them out by the abandoned airfield, if you're interested, we could get you set up."

After that conversation, Rook, Sentinel, and Sicilia have another two hours or so to hang around the Arena.** Fighters take the stage and beat each other senseless for the criminal element in the crowds. Though now, the violence has a bitter taste. This isn't just a fight club with two brawlers duking it out for sport; there is a sense that if they don't fight, worse violence awaits them. Once the last fight is over, Special K mills around the backstage glad-handing the participants. He seems like he's in a good mood, his mask creases to cover over a giant grin. After a half an hour, the different groups of fighters start to pack up and head home. Swish leaves separate from the rest of Greene's gang, attended to by his tracksuit entourage. Everyone else gets back in the van to Warrior Sculpting Gym.

On the streets, Iron Maiden continues to race local youths down the streets of Megapolis. She balances between taking a solid lead and letting her 'competitors' show her the directions to their destination, the police station where Wi-Fi, Guardian Plus, and Transit are waitng. About 2 miles away from the police station she finally hears from Transit: Bravo Team, can anyone hear us? Rook, where is your team? Iron Maiden, are you still in contact with the others?" When she responds, Transit follows up: "Save what you know for when you get to the station. We'll debrief you here."*

WHAT DO YOU DO?

Butcher's Bill
Iron Maiden: Back to full health
Wi-Fi: - 22 I.S.P.^^

* At this point, Iron Maiden should be approaching the police station. Wi-Fi can continue to interview Zeke or meet with IM to start piecing together clues.
** Rook, Sentinel, and Sicilia, you can post anything you want to do in the Arena (socialize, look around, communicate with each other, etc) until Greene drops you off outside the gym after 11:00 pm.
User avatar
Iron Maiden
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun May 03, 2020 3:38 pm
Contact:

Re: BRAVO: Smash or Be Smashed

Post by Iron Maiden »

Perception (29%): 1d100: [65] = 65
JIC (d20/d100): 1d20: [14] = 14 / 1d100: [55] = 55

Iron Maiden is glad contact has been established and responds, "I will be there in a few minutes. Has anyone triangulated the source of the radio interference?"

There is an edge to the interference, therefore there must be a center. It might have more than one transmission point, that might throw things off, but they should be able to track where it strongest.

Chastity is only a few minutes away from the Station already by the time contact is made. She has continued to pause to make marks. She hopes that will allow the police to quickly follow the trail.

She finally reaches the station and says, "Please ask Wifi if she can download the information from my bodycam, hopefully it has usable pictures. While she does that, I will be debriefed so that we can get the information all in the right hands as soon as possible."

She will, in her debriefing, tell them that the place they were last seen by her was entering a garage adjacent to a three-building corporate campus with the letters KLCD on the center building. She will also explain how she marked the way back as she traveled with blue marker dye from her suit so that it will, hopefully, be easy to find the way to the compound.
Last edited by Iron Maiden on Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iron Maiden
Natural AR 11
HP: 141/141
SDC: 945/945
Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every 2 rounds

CLOCKWORK WOLF
Natural AR 16
SDC: 150
User avatar
Wi-Fi
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 747
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:28 am

Re: BRAVO: Smash or Be Smashed

Post by Wi-Fi »

Perception: 1d100: [2] = 2 / 62%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [5] = 5 | 1d100: [79] = 79
"Silas... he's the reason I got in all of this in the first place. He's an old gym buddy of mine, used to spot him back when I was competing myself. Cleaned up, lost touch, and then out of the blue, he hits me up. Says he's working a new circuit, and he wants to place some bets but he needs me to be the front.
Cleaned up? that takes more courage than stepping into a ring or putting on an omega suit. she thinks as she listens.
"I know what the deal is, but there's a very specific routine. He gives me the list of fights on a Monday night, so I place my bets on Tuesday for when the Arena fights go up on Wednesday, and then I collected the winnings on Thursday. We got caught almost immediately. They gave me a choice, either they'd kill me or I'd work for them. Except they didn't, I either did my job or the guy sitting next to me would do his. 'Otherwise, I'd end up like my homie,' he said." The man gets quiet for a moment, dwelling on what he knows happened to Silas.
Easy to see how they caught them when they place bets before the fights happened. If these people are connected they have a stake in the money outside the arena. Hmmm, an angle to find out the financial details. the digital and physical money path should be traceable. likely cash since it does not leave a trail. It would take time and work but will need to act fast. So much for celebrating after the mission for me. she thinks.

I would do that myself. Wi-Fi did appreciate the 'kill traitors' to make a point rule. It was how her old vigilante group was. Many groups did that and the mutant never questioned it. It was easy to see Hiller's fate. A fate she would agree with, But one her Uncle would not. He was always willing to give a second chance. Always willing to give a person who had a no matter how far gone an opportunity to change. Even at the risk of his own life. She never thought of herself as a hero like her uncle. Perhaps today she could change that? In times like these, she hated making promises.
"I don't know how far Silas was in on this. He worked regularly as a fighter in the Arena, maybe he did some other work. He reached out to me because I wasn't involved. Shit, I don't want to be involved. I run numbers on amateur fights, dice games, and shit. I'm not some hit-man waiting to ram cars on command. All I know is that these people are deep and they know how to keep things hidden."*
"Well, that complicates things," she said aloud pauses taps her radio, "Transit, we have what we need, cut the interrogation room feed, we're done in here. Also relay to Guardian plus that the passenger is to be taken in soon as he healthy enough to travel." she radioed Transit, then telepathically contacted Hiller on the off chance she was still being recorded. The man was an ex-fighter. This was no way to go down and he could be useful.

"I am a telepath, you need not worry about me intruding on your thoughts other than responses to my questions. I want to help you out of this situation. Would you be willing to move to a new city with a new identity and the works?" she telepathically asked.
If my post is too stupidly written to read...ask me for a translation or hit me up in Hangouts.
Image
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
Bonuses in green apply only when force aura is active.
PPE: 15
ISP: 94/140
HP: 30 (34 with aura)
SDC: 47 (260)
Aura: 240/260 (Aura also gives superhuman strength)
Swarm status: 5 (all healthy)
Stubby/Rover/Sparky/Nameless #1/Nameless #2
SDC: 50/50/50/50/50
TRS-13
SDC: 50
AR: 6

CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig (Patron Item)
Image
Features:
• 12 attachment points
• Integrated IRMSS: 20,000 credits to recharge (R:UE, p.263)
Attachment points can be utilized to carry 1 each of the following item types: sidearm, magazine, E-clip, grenade, canteen, food ration pack, minor items or individual tools.

• Attachment: Clip (Rocksalt)
• Attachment: Clip (Rocksalt)
• Attachment: Clip (Armor Piercing)
• Attachment: Clip (Armor Piercing)
• Attachment: Clip (Shok Lock Cartridges)
• Attachment: Clip (Shok Lock Cartridges)
• Attachment: Clip (Multi-ball -Low Lethality)
• Attachment: Clip (Multi-ball -Low Lethality)
• Attachment: Flash Pack
• Attachment: Flash Pack
• Attachment: Voice recorder Pack
• Attachment: Voice recorder Pack

Omega Field Kit
Collapsible fiberglass nightstick - 1D6 Damage
(2) Dosimeter clip badge
(20) Disposable gloves
(30) Evidence bags
First Aid Kit
Flashlight
Fold-able gas mask
Multitool
(5) Signal flares
(6) Zip ties

Shock Gloves:
• Range: Melee
• Damage: None. This gloves discharge an energy charge that short circuits the nervous system. Victims are dazed, -10 to strike, parry and dodge for 2d4 melee rounds.
A successful saving throw means the person has successfully fought off the effect and is unimpaired. Roll to save against each strike. Saving throw versus toxins.
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only, five shots total per melee
• Payload: 10/10 shots per charge (no clip)
User avatar
Rook
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:54 pm
Location: Alberta, Canada
Contact:

Re: BRAVO: Smash or Be Smashed

Post by Rook »

Location: Undisclosed Studio/Arena - Later, the van. Later still, outside the Gym.
Status: Healthy but nervous as heck

Perception 33%: 1d100: [38] = 38
JIC D20: 1d20: [15] = 15
JIC D100: 1d100: [68] = 68
GM wrote:Backstage, the fighters are reminded how they will be dealt with if they break the rules; traitors get what traitors deserve. Greene turns to Rook and says just that, "Not for me to say. Better you know this now, girl, but the Arena is part of a much bigger organization. The powers that be have their own agenda, and that includes secrecy above all. If we want any slice of that action, we have to abide by that agenda."
A nod from 'Steel Seraph', along with a grim look. "Understood," she murmurs in a low tone, before shifting her gaze to Sentinel and hoping that he can see the worry in her eyes. After drawing in a slow breath, the winged heroine looks back to Greene, brows furrowed in thought. "Maybe I shouldn't ask, but... who are the powers-that-be? If there is any chance that I might end up doing some sort of work, or entertaining I guess, here it would be nice to know who is looming over my shoulder..."
GM wrote:He turns to Rook, "Those were some sharp moves, I bet you would do good at the races. We got a guy that runs them out by the abandoned airfield, if you're interested, we could get you set up."
The comment, and the question that follows it, draws a seriously curious look from 'Steel Seraph'; an almost bird-like headtilt and a raised brow as a ghost of a smile forms across her lips. "Flying races, eh? I have to admit that sounds a heck of a lot more interesting than cage-fighting," she replies with a soft laugh. "Is it all about speed, or are the points for style? Maybe an obstacle course?"
GM wrote:After that conversation, Rook, Sentinel, and Sicilia have another two hours or so to hang around the Arena.** Fighters take the stage and beat each other senseless for the criminal element in the crowds. Though now, the violence has a bitter taste. This isn't just a fight club with two brawlers duking it out for sport; there is a sense that if they don't fight, worse violence awaits them.
Although the bloody, and potentially deadly, fights leave her feeling somewhat ill, Rook does pay close attention to them, hoping to glean some idea of the combatant's abilities, in the chance that they might have to face off with them at some point - she pays particularly close attention to the Atlantean, seeming to outside observers to have a particular fascination.

Once the fights are over, Rook does indeed mingle with the others, putting on a friendly and curious demeanor while being careful not to be overly-friendly or overly-curious - mostly hoping to get names of whichever fighters, bookies and other staff for future references, while occasionally giving low-key congratulations to some of the winners. If possible, she'll make a point of talking to the Atlantean again - assuming that she is around - to introduce herself (as Natasha rather than Steel Seraph), the friendly-ness more genuine than with the others.

Once they are all rounded up to leave, Rook takes a spot at the back of the van as she had earlier, so that she can keep her wings out of the way; while they fold up pretty nicely all considering, she has over the years done her best to make them unobtrusive to the point of it being instinctual now. For the most part she remains quiet during the trip back, largely so that she can pay attention to potential conversations - she doesn't know if or when the jamming will go away, isn't sure of how much her hidden suit-cam will pick up, so does her best to pick up what she can.

(OOC: I'm assuming that Rook and the rest of her infiltration group receives the message from Transit - if not, disregard the next section)
GM-Transit wrote:"Bravo Team, can anyone hear us? Rook, where is your team? Iron Maiden, are you still in contact with the others?"
Having Transit's voice suddenly 'in her head' (via whatever clandestine communication device she is using), Rook straightens up, glancing around the van slowly then peeking out the front window, trying to determine where they might be - not familiar with the city, she looks for landmarks or immobile objects that really stand out. As much as she'd like to reply back however, she maintains silence until she can be certain that she won't be overheard.
User avatar
Sicilia
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:20 pm

Re: BRAVO: Smash or Be Smashed

Post by Sicilia »

Perception: 1d100: [90] = 90 / 54%
JiC d100: 1d100: [53] = 53 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [11] = 11

Sicilia is mortified at the state she has to leave the restroom in. After cleaning up as best she can, having to leave the massive skin behind awkwardly shoved underneath the sinks, she finds herself grateful to have had the place to herself for the entire process. If anyone had walked in, I don't know what I would have done...

With her embarrassment out of the way, she is distracted briefly by the new look her scales seem to have taken, along with the new sense of power within her. She stares at herself, examining the change and familiarizing herself with her new look. This is certainly new... Rather than push on the power, as curious as she is, she's also cognizant trying to figure out new abilities in a place that could very easily become hostile to her was likely a bad idea.

Rather, she makes her way back out, soon finding she has missed the majority of her team's performances, chastising herself mentally for taking so long. Reaching out with her mind, she attempts to make contact with Rook. I've been away from the main floor for a while now, I hope I didn't miss too much. I had a personal situation to deal with, I'll explain more when we're not stuck here.

For her two hours, she does her best to learn more about the people here, memorizing the faces and names, and if people are open enough, what they do.

On the trip back, Sicilia will begin relaying any information she's managed to pick up to Sentinel and Rook mentally, making sure to not broadcast her thoughts to the others in the car, though she will pause if any audible conversations pick up.
Skill Rolls
Intelligence: 1d100: [23] = 23 / 64% - Learn and memorize any useful information Guardian Plus and the others could use while mingling with the crowd.
Research: 1d100: [66] = 66 / 85% - Find people of interest that she could potentially later turn up information on, and things that the city's police could use against this organization.
Sicilia
An Italian Noodle who bites back!
Gear and Current Status
Quick Stats
I.S.P.: 39/39
H.P.: 34/34
S.D.C.: 99/99
User avatar
Sentinel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 358
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:05 pm

Re: BRAVO: Smash or Be Smashed

Post by Sentinel »

Sentinel Prime
Location: Metropolis: On stage with Rook
Perception: 1d100: [14] = 14 /80% (+15% to recognizing the arcane,+15% regarding technology)
D20 JiC: 1d20: [1] = 1 D100 JiC: 1d100: [81] = 81

Skills:
Yellow Dragon
OOC Comments
Languages: N:Class-Chinese/Mandarin, English, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Japanese, Hindi/Urdu
P.P.E.: 452/452 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 753/753 AR: 16
Spell reference at this Link
Conditions: Immune to Magic, Illusions, Possession, Poison, Drugs, And Disease. Mind Block Auto-Defense. Does not tire. Half damage from Cold. Radiates no heat and is invisible to infrared and heat sensors. Immune to pressure; solid stone. Regenerates 6d6 SDC/Melee. Detect magic (also items), Psionics, Supernatural, Seismic, and Dimensional/Teleportation.
Awe and/or Horror Factor 14: Enemies must roll a 15 or higher on a twenty-sided die to avoid being momentarily awestruck. A failed roll means the individual loses initiative, one of his melee attacks. In this case, roll each melee round in which the character with the divine aura is attacked or speaks.
A divine radiance coming from Sentinel and his voice is more than a little compelling to those listening.
Abnormal Energy Sense: 1d100: [54] = 54 /1d100
Spells:
Butcher Bill:



Sentinel watches the fight listening absently to Mr. Greene speaking of the organization's clandestine nature. Noticing Rooks look and again finding his uncharacteristic concern for his group says, ”It will be fine. There is nothing special here to worry about.” he says to Mr. Green meeting Rooks eyes to show he was talking to her foremost. But despite the conversation between them, he finds himself more often than not staring off at the man who insulted him, Lame… he plays over in his mind. The Emperor has great respect for those who perform in the arts. Performances and even martial displays such as these fights rank equally to him as those less physically oriented like painters and carpenters. …and this man has the gall to insult performers? he thought staring lost in thought considering how he could humiliate the man.
Rook and Sentinel are learning just how deep the Arena runs, as Greene puts his hand on the Yellow Dragon's shoulder. "That was real interesting demonstration. We can definitely find work for someone with your talents. Not fighting, of course, but you should get several job offers in the next week. If you don't hear anything, come down to the gym and I'll get you another power demonstration. But a man with your skills, you're going to find work pretty quick here."
The hand on him is unaccustomed to Sentinel, ”Mr. Green, do not lay hands on my person.” he reactively stated his voice commanding. Catching himself he gathers himself and turns to face Mr. Green. ”My apologies, I do not desire to be touched.” he says feigning apologies. ”Work.” Sentinel says letting his displeasure of the word hang in the air between himself and Mr. Green I don’t take offers of work. The disrespect has no end here? he thinks.

In a situation where one's needs are few, there isn’t much that motivates. By such logic, a cat with ample food and shelter will not wander. A man in no need of food, sleep, time, or fear of death would seem to be motivated not at all. But people have a way of defying logic. Pride, ego always gets in the way of one's needs. Men have turned blindly down roads to their doom over such. Sentinel was not immune to his own ego. Sentinel contains his reaction to set them in their place. Looking back over the area, That time would come sooner than they may expect. he thinks as he boards the van to leave.
Yellow Dragon Ledger
[ooc]Languages: N:Class-Chinese/Mandarin,English, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Japanese, Hindi/Urdu
P.P.E.: 452/452| H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 753/753 AR: 16 Save vs. Awe/Horror:14 (16) for words spoken and each attack against Sentinel
Spell reference at this Link
Ectype 1
Ectype P.P.E.: 452/452 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 753/753 Equipment: Mobile Compact Computer/ HUD interface, Neckband Radio/ID transponders
Ectype 2
Ectype P.P.E.: 452/452 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 753/753 Equipment: Robot Repair Kit with sophisticated tools, Neckband Radio/ID transponders
Ectype 3
Ectype P.P.E.: 452/452 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 753/753 Weapon: 40mm MM-1 Multiple Grenade Launcher Equipment: Neckband Radio/ID transponders[/ooc]
ImageImage
Post Reply

Return to “Century Station: Operation Overlord Adventures”