BRAVO: Smash or Be Smashed

In Century Station Operation Overlord has begun, villains beware!

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Wi-Fi
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Re: BRAVO: Smash or Be Smashed

Post by Wi-Fi »

Off Topic
Chastity notes, "The odds are that the security camera footage has been doctored, however there are ways to check for that. It is possible the time signatures will not match, or that they will be looping the feed, or using the feed from another camera, or replaying the feed from an earlier day. We can run an analysis and see if we can find anything."
"If it is on a hard drive it can be recovered. even if deleted it is still on the disk as an afterimage or in a folder waiting to be deleted. A good idea to to check timestamps and dates of footage. Look for items that weren't there 5 minutes ago and no one placed them there as well. it is easy to overlook that sort of detail." Wi-Fi adds.
If my post is too stupidly written to read...ask me for a translation or hit me up in Hangouts.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
Bonuses in green apply only when force aura is active.
PPE: 15
ISP: 94/140
HP: 30 (34 with aura)
SDC: 47 (260)
Aura: 240/260 (Aura also gives superhuman strength)
Swarm status: 5 (all healthy)
Stubby/Rover/Sparky/Nameless #1/Nameless #2
SDC: 50/50/50/50/50
TRS-13
SDC: 50
AR: 6

CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig (Patron Item)
Features:
• 12 attachment points
• Integrated IRMSS: 20,000 credits to recharge (R:UE, p.263)
Attachment points can be utilized to carry 1 each of the following item types: sidearm, magazine, E-clip, grenade, canteen, food ration pack, minor items or individual tools.

• Attachment: Clip (Rocksalt)
• Attachment: Clip (Armor Piercing)
• Attachment: Clip (Shok Lock Cartridges)
• Attachment: Clip (Multi-ball -Low Lethality)
• Attachment: Flash Pack
• Attachment: Voice recorder Pack

Omega Field Kit
Collapsible fiberglass nightstick - 1D6 Damage
(2) Dosimeter clip badge
(20) Disposable gloves
(30) Evidence bags
First Aid Kit
Flashlight
Fold-able gas mask
Multitool
(5) Signal flares
(6) Zip ties

Shock Gloves:
• Range: Melee
• Damage: None. This gloves discharge an energy charge that short circuits the nervous system. Victims are dazed, -10 to strike, parry and dodge for 2d4 melee rounds.
A successful saving throw means the person has successfully fought off the effect and is unimpaired. Roll to save against each strike. Saving throw versus toxins.
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only, five shots total per melee
• Payload: 10/10 shots per charge (no clip)
Sicilia

Post by Sicilia »

Perception: 1d100: [95] = 95 / 54%
JiC d100: 1d100: [12] = 12 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [18] = 18

Sicilia tilts her head at the man's comment about food she could try at their location. As he leaves to get the reports put in, she flicks her tongue in the air, thinking. I might like the squab there? We'll have to see about that. She shivers, forcing the taste of her last attempt at pigeon out of her mind as she begins the last few remarks in her notes she needs.
Sentinel wrote:Sentinel watches the large snake having never really paying attention to it before. Is it manipulating a phone with its tongue? How frustrating it is to have no arms, fingers. he thought absently wriggly a couple of fingers in front of his face recalling that at one time very long ago in the past he had been relieved of his arms by some attempting to imprison him.

Sentinel intrigued and wishing for a distraction from thinking about Mary crosses the room to stand near the snake. ”Do you need a hand?” Sentinel says motioning to the phone.
It takes a moment for the snake to notice Sentinel's approach. Looking up, though, she finally registers his comment. Hmm? Oh, that. I'll be fine, I've gotten quite used to the taste of the screen, she says, her thoughts heard only in the golem's mind. Thank you for the offer, though! she quickly adds, a feeling of misplaced guilt washing over her for rejecting her teammate's help.

Her tongue flicks out towards the terracotta warrior, and she has to fight back the urge to mentally gag, having not expecting the direct smell the warrior had underneath his Divine Aura. He tastes like a dusty pot! She puts the poor decision to smell/taste her companion into the back of her mind for about forever, moving on with the conversation instead. I didn't think you'd take notice of me, to be honest. You seemed busy speaking with the others, she finishes, eyes turning back to focus on putting in her notes, though this time she keeps her senses about for those around her, listening to Sentinel should he choose to respond.
Iron Maiden wrote:Chastity notes, "The odds are that the security camera footage has been doctored, however there are ways to check for that. It is possible the time signatures will not match, or that they will be looping the feed, or using the feed from another camera, or replaying the feed from an earlier day. We can run an analysis and see if we can find anything."
Once Wi-Fi has finished her responses, and once Sicilia isn't distracted by her notes or Sentinel's approach, she will mention in Chastity's and Wi-Fi's minds, I can take a look over any footage we gather as well. I'm quite experienced with CCTV systems. Being a journalist as well as a big predator got me access to them fairly frequently when I requested it for an article.
Sicilia
An Italian Noodle who bites back!
Gear and Current Status
Quick Stats
I.S.P.: 39/39
H.P.: 34/34
S.D.C.: 99/99

Omega Suit v3.1.7
S.D.C.:
  • Main Body: 250 / 250
  • *Body Camera: 15 / 15

Weight: 6 lbs
Modifiers:
  • AR: 17
  • *Body Camera (-2 to strike via aimed shot only)

Features:
  • Hyper-mimetic alloy fibers change size and molecular composition to fit wearer regardless of APS powers, shape or size changes.
  • Built-in short range encrypted radio transceiver (Omega freq only).
  • Built-in RFID transponder for C.S.P.D. verifies wearer is a Centurion to all C.S.P.D. and their precise GPS location within 20'
  • Body Camera located in center of chest.
  • Anti-Tamper system
  • Tail mounted computer - allows real-time tracking of Omega agents in the field

APS: Stone Transformation Bonuses/Changes

-Natural A.R. 16
-S.D.C.:
600 / 600 (replaces natural S.D.C. while transformed)
-Normal punches, kicks, knives, swords, clubs, bullets, and similar deal no damage regardless of strike roll
-Extraordinary, Superhuman P.S. deal quarter damage with strike roll below 17, deal full damage on 17+ strike roll
-Supernatural P.S. deals half damage with strike roll below 17, deals full damage on 17+ strike roll
-Fire, plasma, electricity, laser, energy bolts deal half damage with strike roll below 17, deal full damage on 17+ strike roll
-Impervious to cold
-Resistant to heat: 200 degrees F or below deals no damage, half damage between 201-299 degrees F, full damage at 300+ degrees F
-AP bullets, explosives rounds, grenades and light explosives deal half damage with strike roll below 17, deal full damage on 17+ strike roll
-Gas, ingested drugs, magic, and psionics have full effect
-Powerful explosions, infernos with blast-furnace like heat (300+ degrees F), hurricanes, earthquakes do full damage and do not require a strike roll
-Endure underwater pressure up to depths of 800 ft
-Function in vacuum until air supply is gone

-Weight is tripled
-P.S. increased by 16, considered Superhuman
-Can carry 200 times P.S. in pounds, can life 300 times P.S. in pounds
-Fatigues at half rate

-S.D.C. of stone (600) recovers at three times normal rate
-Radiates no heat in stone form, invisible to infrared and heat sensors
-Speed reduced by half in stone form
-Hold breath twice as long in stone form
Iron Maiden

Post by Iron Maiden »

(Rolls Carried over)
Wi-Fi wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:02 pm "If it is on a hard drive it can be recovered. even if deleted it is still on the disk as an afterimage or in a folder waiting to be deleted. A good idea to to check timestamps and dates of footage. Look for items that weren't there 5 minutes ago and no one placed them there as well. it is easy to overlook that sort of detail." Wi-Fi adds.
Chastity points out, "If the feed was altered when it was coming it, it will not be on the drive. I will look for deleted and overwritten files too, there are a number of ways it could have been done."
Sicilia wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:30 pm Once Wi-Fi has finished her responses, and once Sicilia isn't distracted by her notes or Sentinel's approach, she will mention in Chastity's and Wi-Fi's minds, I can take a look over any footage we gather as well. I'm quite experienced with CCTV systems. Being a journalist as well as a big predator got me access to them fairly frequently when I requested it for an article.
Chastity thinks, That could be helpful, but I can see a possible problem.

Out Loud she continues the thought, "We can not have you with us, you are too distinctive and we do not want to break your cover, however we might be able to stream you the feed. You expert opinion will be valuable."
Iron Maiden
Natural AR 11
HP: 141/141
SDC: 945/945
Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every 2 rounds

CLOCKWORK WOLF
Natural AR 16
SDC: 150
Sicilia

Post by Sicilia »

((Rolls carried))
Iron Maiden wrote: Out Loud she continues the thought, "We can not have you with us, you are too distinctive and we do not want to break your cover, however we might be able to stream you the feed. You expert opinion will be valuable."
Sicilia gives an affirmative hiss, taking a note to be prepared to receive video feed while out if needed. Of course. I don't think a bit of police gear will suffice it for me. My face is just too special, she thinks at Iron Maiden, before giving a dry chuckle in her mind at the poor joke.

Internally, though the snake was ecstatic. More footage? Direct access to sources? Could this job get any better for me? the snake thinks to herself, her serpentine features being the only thing hiding the excitement she felt at what was almost a reporter's dream. If they let me write an article on this, it'll blow all my past work out of the water!

Her good mood is quickly soured, though, by her stomach growling, which immediately returns to mind the gnawing hunger she felt. Well, it would if I could get some food. How long until that squab again? she grumbles mentally to herself.
Last edited by Sicilia on Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sicilia
Gear and Current Status
Quick Stats

Omega Suit v3.1.7
S.D.C.:

Modifiers:

Features:
  • Hyper-mimetic alloy fibers change size and molecular composition to fit wearer regardless of APS powers, shape or size changes.
  • Built-in RFID transponder for C.S.P.D. verifies wearer is a Centurion to all C.S.P.D. and their precise GPS location within 20'
  • Anti-Tamper system
  • Tail mounted computer - allows real-time tracking of Omega agents in the field

-Natural A.R. 16
-S.D.C.:
-Normal punches, kicks, knives, swords, clubs, bullets, and similar deal no damage regardless of strike roll
-Extraordinary, Superhuman P.S. deal quarter damage with strike roll below 17, deal full damage on 17+ strike roll
-Supernatural P.S. deals half damage with strike roll below 17, deals full damage on 17+ strike roll
-Fire, plasma, electricity, laser, energy bolts deal half damage with strike roll below 17, deal full damage on 17+ strike roll
-Impervious to cold
-Resistant to heat: 200 degrees F or below deals no damage, half damage between 201-299 degrees F, full damage at 300+ degrees F
-AP bullets, explosives rounds, grenades and light explosives deal half damage with strike roll below 17, deal full damage on 17+ strike roll
-Powerful explosions, infernos with blast-furnace like heat (300+ degrees F), hurricanes, earthquakes do full damage and do not require a strike roll

-Weight is tripled
-Fatigues at half rate

Rook
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Post by Rook »

Condition: Ok

Perception 33%: 1d100: [99] = 99
JIC D20: 1d20: [7] = 7
JIC D100: 1d100: [44] = 44
Det Logan wrote:Detective Logan agrees, "We can go to the gym right now and see if he's around. We can get back in time to search KLCD with everyone else. If you want to keep your identity secret there, we can loan you MPD tactical gear. It will cover your face and hide your wings unless you decide you need to fly."
"I'm not sure if its worth the risk of being identified," Rook replies, regretfully. "All it really takes is one slip and one set of wrong eyes; with what they did to one of their own who broke the rules, I can't imagine they'd go easier on an infiltrator if discovered" the blonde adds in a lower tone. Wetting her lips, Rook looks to her other teammates then back to the Detective. "I'm hoping that Greene will jump at my interest and perhaps take us, or at least me, out to see the course; or, A course I suppose, if there is more than one." she continues, an eager look replacing her normally fairly neutral expression.

"I'm thinking this time going out to meet him in street clothes rather than my uniform, nice and casual-like."
Sentinel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Sentinel »

Sentinel Prime
Perception: 1d100: [64] = 64 /80% (+15% to recognizing the arcane,+15% regarding technology)
D20 JiC: 1d20: [14] = 14 D100 JiC: 1d100: [83] = 83

Skills: Lore: Magic 59% (analyzing psionic TK vs magic)/ 1d100: [51] = 51
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 106%/ 1d100: [77] = 77

Yellow Dragon
OOC Comments
Languages: N:Class-Chinese/Mandarin, English, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Japanese, Hindi/Urdu
P.P.E.: 452/452 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 753/753 AR: 16
Spell reference at this Link
Conditions: Immune to Magic, Illusions, Possession, Poison, Drugs, And Disease. Mind Block Auto-Defense. Does not tire. Half damage from Cold. Radiates no heat and is invisible to infrared and heat sensors. Immune to pressure; solid stone. Regenerates 6d6 SDC/Melee. Detect magic (also items), Psionics, Supernatural, Seismic, and Dimensional/Teleportation.
Awe and/or Horror Factor 14: Enemies must roll a 15 or higher on a twenty-sided die to avoid being momentarily awestruck. A failed roll means the individual loses initiative, one of his melee attacks. In this case, roll each melee round in which the character with the divine aura is attacked or speaks.
A divine radiance coming from Sentinel and his voice is more than a little compelling to those listening.
Abnormal Energy Sense: 1d100: [86] = 86 , 1d100: [20] = 20 , 1d100: [11] = 11
Spells:
Butcher Bill:
Hoyle smiles at the idea but decides against it. "Not the best use of our time. You won't have much luck shaking down a guy like Greene. Guy was a hardened criminal before he got his driver's permit. There's a psych eval in his juvenile record says something like..."
From behind, Detective Curtis says, "'Displays a disturbing lack of concern for the well-being of others.' It's why he's a good fight promoter and bookie. And also a shitty human being."
After some consideration, an ectype behind the conversation turns to Detective Curtis, ”Indeed. So you recommend something more fitting towards the quality of being he is? Do you suppose repeat execution would be fitting for the crimes he has committed?” he says leaving the details on how that would be accomplished to their own imaginations.
Super-powered detective, Guardian Plus pats Sentinel on the shoulder, "I like the idea, but I don't know how good of a long-term solution that's going to be. If we arrest anyone, we'll need to be able to call him whenever there's a court hearing. More importantly, we have the morning to plan where we are going to search and prepare."
”If transporting him is a concern, I can take this man where ever in the city in the literal blink of your eye. He will be safe and ready at a moment’s notice.” Sentinel informs the superhero detective assuringly.
It takes a moment for the snake to notice Sentinel's approach. Looking up, though, she finally registers his comment. Hmm? Oh, that. I'll be fine, I've gotten quite used to the taste of the screen, she says, her thoughts heard only in the golem's mind. Thank you for the offer, though! she quickly adds, a feeling of misplaced guilt washing over her for rejecting her teammate's help.
Her tongue flicks out towards the terracotta warrior, and she has to fight back the urge to mentally gag, having not expecting the direct smell the warrior had underneath his Divine Aura. He tastes like a dusty pot! She puts the poor decision to smell/taste her companion into the back of her mind for about forever, moving on with the conversation instead. I didn't think you'd take notice of me, to be honest. You seemed busy speaking with the others, she finishes, eyes turning back to focus on putting in her notes, though this time she keeps her senses about for those around her, listening to Sentinel should he choose to respond.
”It would be hard not to notice one such as you and what an interestingly inconspicuous manner that you speak, in my head. What am I thinking now?” Sentinel asks in half-jest, ”In honesty, I probably couldn’t even use that device. Some of these capacitive screens refuse to work with stone fingers.” Sentinel says wriggly a pair of fingers provocatively. "In actuality, I was more fascinated by how you use it. Is that repulsor technology; I sense no magic to make it hover so?” he asks feigning ignorance and not at all honest as he clearly senses the psionic energies surrounding the phone. [Abnormal Energy Sense] That is an interesting evolutionary trait to have or perhaps just completely fortuitous. Telekinesis of some sort? he thinks.
Her good mood is quickly soured, though, by her stomach growling, which immediately returns to mind the gnawing hunger she felt. Well, it would if I could get some food. How long until that squab again? she grumbles mentally to herself.
”My apologies! Am I keeping you?" Sentinel asks earnestly upon the conclusion of the snake's stomach rumbles. ”I do not suffer from hunger but that doesn’t mean you should! Would you care to eat? We can continue this conversation wherever you’d like?” he asks the giant snake. [Invoke Trust]
Yellow Dragon Ledger
OOC Comments
Languages: N:Class-Chinese/Mandarin,English, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Japanese, Hindi/Urdu
P.P.E.: 452/452| H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 753/753 AR: 16 Save vs. Awe/Horror:14 (16) for words spoken and each attack against Sentinel

Sentinel Prime

Ectype 1

Ectype 2
Location: At Occult shop in Century Station for a lead on magical resources.

Ectype 3

Ectype 4

Ectype 5

Ectype 6

Ectype 7
ImageImage
Wi-Fi
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Wi-Fi »

(Rolls maintained)
Once Wi-Fi has finished her responses, and once Sicilia isn't distracted by her notes or Sentinel's approach, she will mention in Chastity's and Wi-Fi's minds, I can take a look over any footage we gather as well. I'm quite experienced with CCTV systems. Being a journalist as well as a big predator got me access to them fairly frequently when I requested it for an article.
"I will see you all get a copy to watch." Wifi answered in response to Sicilia she responded with a nod.
Out Loud she continues the thought, "We can not have you with us, you are too distinctive and we do not want to break your cover, however, we might be able to stream you the feed. Your expert opinion will be valuable."

"Point, IM, she does look distinctive." she pondered, "I would prefer we not be alone anyway. Pairs or better would be ideal." Wi-Fi adds with a genuine concern in her voice. Her old vigilante habits of groups were probably not needed but made her feel safer. Pack mentality was not something you lost.

"Sentinel, let's make a back-up evac plan with Guardian Plus and the police for our Key witness. chances are we won't need it, I'd still like to have one just in case. An ambulance already disappeared on us. I'd hate to lose our key witness." Turning to Rook and Sicilia, "That air race as well if you two feel it can be done."

Turning to the detectives, "See we are all updated on the latest intel and if you have any concerns on cost let me know. I love to make the Chimera Accountants pay for stuff." she adds with a grin. despite the grin, she was not fully happy being sidelined but understood the risk of adding her after the potential IDing on her by the Ring management. More importantly the risk to the entire operation. turning to the Omega's The mutant continues.

" We need names and to find that studio or place they meet so we can break up this ring. We need targets and we need to produce results. Any questions or concerns now is the time." she states plainly.
If my post is too stupidly written to read...ask me for a translation or hit me up in Hangouts.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
TRS-13

Features:
• 12 attachment points
Attachment points can be utilized to carry 1 each of the following item types: sidearm, magazine, E-clip, grenade, canteen, food ration pack, minor items or individual tools.

Omega Field Kit
(2) Dosimeter clip badge
(20) Disposable gloves
(30) Evidence bags
First Aid Kit
Flashlight
Fold-able gas mask
Multitool
(5) Signal flares
(6) Zip ties

Shock Gloves:
• Damage: None. This gloves discharge an energy charge that short circuits the nervous system. Victims are dazed, -10 to strike, parry and dodge for 2d4 melee rounds.
A successful saving throw means the person has successfully fought off the effect and is unimpaired. Roll to save against each strike. Saving throw versus toxins.
CHIMERA
Assistant Game Master

Post by CHIMERA »

Porto Hill Street Blues
Megapolis
Date: Tuesday, April 7th, 2043
Weather: Light rain (61 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 9:45 am - 12:00 pm

Detective Hoyle and Guardian Plus listen to the Omegas plan.
Sentinel wrote:"Indeed. So you recommend something more fitting towards the quality of being he is? Do you suppose repeat execution would be fitting for the crimes he has committed?"
Hoyle gives a quick response, "No. I'd prefer if you do not interrogate Greene."
Sentinel wrote:"If transporting him is a concern, I can take this man where ever in the city in the literal blink of your eye. He will be safe and ready at a moment’s notice."
"It's more of a time commitment thing," Guardian Plus explains. "With any luck, we can hit the Arena location today, then send out some feelers on these races, and you can all go back to Century Station tonight or tomorrow. You've done a lot for us already, and shown why we need a super hero unit of our own. Once we finish with the TV studio we can talk about how you can help next."
Wi-Fi wrote:"Mind if I get Swat or police gear or at least a police jacket to blend in with your people better? " the woman answered."
Iron Maiden wrote:" If we have the assistance of a K-9 unit, we can have it get Sicilia's scent and check the inside of the parking garage for that. My ally Gearwolf might be able to help with that, if someone can take me back to get him."
Detective Hoyle shrugs, "Yeah, we can loan you guys any gear you want. If you want to go back to your base to get anything, tap Transit's monitor bank and he'll open a portal back for you."* He then looks to Iron Maiden. "A K-9 unit would be useless in this scenario. We can't track the smell of anything in the back of a van. And snakes in particular don't leave scents that dogs can track."

After a few more minutes of conversation, Detective Logan puts on his jacket and signals to Rook that it is time to go. In the women's locker room she finds a pair of black leggings, a white tank top, grey sweatshirt, and jacket. After a quick change they are on their way to Warrior Body Sculpting. A little after that, Detective Smoof comes back down to the basement and offers Sicilia a chance to go meet Ri-Ri. Guardian Plus looks at the remaining Omegas. "I've got some paperwork to do, but I'll be back around lunch. Figure out what equipment you want for the raid, and what channel you want to go to first. Getting the warrant will be easy, but since KLCD is such a big place and has a lot of employees we want to avoid causing too much of a ruckus."

With that the detectives leave the remaining Omegas in the basement briefing room.

Warrior Body Sculpting
On the way to the gym, Logan and Sasha make small talk. During that conversation, Logan explains what Guardian Plus was hinting at more clearly: Bravo Team was called in to show what Operation Overlord can do for Megapolis; Transit is already working with CHIMERA to put together a team, but the top brass wanted to see the Omegas in the field first. "This could be a game changer. We've been hamstrung by super-crimes for years now. Sure we have a few cops with powers, but it's not a real dedicated unit. A fully funded team of heroes could handle the problems our police can't. And that's before you think of what CHIMERA contributes to this. It's not just weapons and equipment, we get their intelligence, and we're part of a network of teams we can work with." He pauses for a moment. "Well, maybe. I don't have powers, but I'd like to do my part, you know."

The gym is largely empty, which is not surprising for a Tuesday morning. A couple of women in their 30's are on adjacent elliptical machines having a loud but incoherent conversation. In one of the rings, Rook notices a pair of muscled and tattooed men circling each other while a coach shouts orders for when and where to jab. In fact, it is nearly the exact same scene as the day before, the same coach calling out the same moves at the exact same pace, just with different fighters.

Rook also recognizes the man at the counter as Big Soul, not that he would respond to that name out of his costume. Instead, he looks like another sleepy employee listening to smooth jazz as he barely does his job. Big Soul does not acknowledge Logan. Barely looking up at Rook, he says, "Greene's not here."

He slides a small disposable flip phone. "Says he'll call you later with more details about the race if you're interested. Also, says to tell the magician that he'll be in touch about another project."

Monk's Cafe
While driving to the restaurant, Detective Smoof casually talks about the criminal history of Megapolis. He points out the spots of a few famous murders, even some less famous ones that had serious consequences for the city's criminal underworld. He pulls up to red light and points to two teenagers dressed in matching red outfits at a corner. "See those two Reds? They probably work for Mars Crim Jr., you saw him at the fight. In fact, those boxes could be from the sneaker smuggling operation you told us about. Let's call that in."

He picks up his radio, and quietly mumbles a numeric code. As the light turns green, two MPD cruisers pull up to the corner and swarm the colorpunks. Smoof gives a cool smile and then continues to drive.

From the exterior, Monk's Cafe looks like an antique bookstore. To a degree, it looks like a bookstore on the inside as well. The tops of all the walls are lined with bookshelves full of dusty tomes, otherwise it is a normal looking diner with overstuffed vinyl booths. Smoof casually slides into a booth in the middle of the restaurant and orders a tea with lemon, and the spicy fried fish. He hands the menu to Sicilia. At first the letters on the page are a jumbled mess, but after a few seconds they seem to arrange into a list of variety animals common in a city that can be served live or cold with a variety of rubs or sauces.

Sicilia is beginning to realize that this is a very weird place, but before she can dwell on it, Robyn Ri walks in like she is queen of the restaurant. She is dressed in an off the shoulder top with a floral print that seems to float around her heavily tattooed arms, a pair of very heavily shredded cutoff jeans, and strappy heels. So little fabric has never looked so expensive. She greets the cook at the counter but stops mid-sentence when she sees Detective Smoof. She then turns her head to Sicilia, and gives out a heady laugh like a kid who has been caught with her hand in the cookie jar. "You! I could tell there was something about you! You looked like you had your own story! Ah, I should have known!" She flashes a guilty smile to Smoof, "And you put her up to this?"

"Hello, Ri-Ri." Detective Smoof replies. "Sicilia is visiting from Century Station. After last night, she wanted to talk to you some more. Come have a seat."

WHAT DO YOU DO?

* If you choose to go back to the Omega Base, you can post what you intend to go and get. You do not have to wait for the next GM post to be teleported to the Base.
Wi-Fi
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Wi-Fi »

Perception: 1d100: [63] = 63 / 62%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [19] = 19 | 1d100: [23] = 23
Guardian Plus:
"It's more of a time commitment thing," Guardian Plus explains. "With any luck, we can hit the Arena location today, then send out some feelers on these races, and you can all go back to Century Station tonight or tomorrow. You've done a lot for us already, and shown why we need a superhero unit of our own. Once we finish with the TV studio we can talk about how you can help next."
"Chimera has several teams. I am certain we can help with the team idea. I can stick around and help if you need it. There are several others as well if you prefer someone else. I am sure my Tech support contact with the CSPD at the Omega HQ would not mind me being away. He is not fond of me." she grins, "A few others as well.." she shrugged before going to get the gear she would need.

Basic Swat gear with helmet and a computer/field tech gear with Shotgun/Pistol combo should work. she thought as Wi-Fi grabbed what she needed. Both weapons would be a police issue kit in case they spotted later in the field. Her preferred firearm was noticeable. The idea was to blend in and work alongside the locals. Considering her level of charm it made sense to let them lead. That car crash meant they paid attention and likely were used to the locals. It would be a good plan to spot as things went and not raise alarms by following her plan. That and getting them on board would be too time-consuming.

"IM, When you are ready we can find Hoyle ready? oh and I would take weapons of familiarity if you can. we won't likely need them, better to be proficient with what you have just incase." the mutant added looking at herself, "Need to get me a set of these out Omega suit cloth. comfy and effective. the plastic bits are well fitted too. It was a bit tight on the chest, but I think the adjustments I made help comfort. Suppose though any good armour is not overly comfortable. If it were you would forget you are wearing it." she comments. "I know I watch too many HEMA and midevil youtube videos." Once She and Iron Maiden selected equipment were Wi-Fi looks for their contact.

(for a visual something like this with Metro PD markings and police headgear.
OOC Comments
20201223160938_1.jpg
Field Armorer/Munitions Expert: 64%/ 1d100: [39] = 39 (Checking it was fitted right and according to police standard.)
Field Armorer/Munitions Expert: 64%/ 1d100: [13] = 13 (rechecking previous roll)

"Detective Hoyle, this is your show we omega's are just the audience. Where are we headed? You mentioned you had ideas where to start looking?" she asks checking for wrinkles or other minor issues. I know next to nothing better to let the people who do know what's going on lead. the omega leader thought.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
TRS-13

Features:
• 12 attachment points

Omega Field Kit
(2) Dosimeter clip badge
(20) Disposable gloves
(30) Evidence bags
First Aid Kit
Flashlight
Fold-able gas mask
Multitool
(5) Signal flares
(6) Zip ties

Shock Gloves:
Iron Maiden

Post by Iron Maiden »

Perception (30%): 1d100: [87] = 87
JIC (1d20/1d100): 1d20: [9] = 9 / 1d100: [82] = 82

Chastity admits, "I have not had much formal combat training. I learned to defend myself with a knife when I was young, but I am more used to using my morphic weaponry. I am capable of using nearly any weapon, but not particularly skillful with them."

A street kid or a tinkerer for much of her life, Chastity was never the combat sort. Possibly that is part of the reason she is obsessed with being a hero. A Knife, however, is not a weapon that police use, though possibly she could disguise it as a nightstick.

She adds, "You are better off setting me up as someone who is not looking like a combatant. A Paper-pusher or technical support staff."

She thinks, Unless they are trying to make me look threatening, so I would be the target of any attacks anyway.

She comments, "I can soak up damage like nobody's business, if you want to make me look threatening and intimidating...I can take it if someone actually attacks."
Iron Maiden
Natural AR 11

CLOCKWORK WOLF
Natural AR 16
Wi-Fi
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Wi-Fi »

(rolls maintained)
Response Ironmaiden:
"Technical support on the team should work if you want to go that road. I like the idea of having a set of eyes in the tech team.", she pauses, "So metallurgy and air to air combat training for Rook, and Hand to Hand and Combat training for you when we get back to HQ. noted" she said with a grin, "Omega's tend to get into a lot of fights. like I said details that can be taught. And bring a knife if you want, it is not likely to get attention as long as you don't wear it too flashy. It's a tool as much as a weapon. she adds picking up one herself.

"Things have been quiet and that means at some point they will attack is my guess. Hopefully, we get the first strike and not at a studio full of people." Wi-Fi said waiting.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
TRS-13

Features:
• 12 attachment points

Omega Field Kit
(2) Dosimeter clip badge
(20) Disposable gloves
(30) Evidence bags
First Aid Kit
Flashlight
Fold-able gas mask
Multitool
(5) Signal flares
(6) Zip ties

Shock Gloves:
Rook
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Post by Rook »

Location: Porto Hill Station, then later Warrior Body Sculpting

Perception 58%: 1d100: [6] = 6
*Increased via EP!
JIC D20: 1d20: [11] = 11
JIC D100: 1d100: [15] = 15
GM wrote:After a few more minutes of conversation, Detective Logan puts on his jacket and signals to Rook that it is time to go. In the women's locker room she finds a pair of black leggings, a white tank top, grey sweatshirt, and jacket. After a quick change they are on their way to Warrior Body Sculpting.
Rook can't help but roll her eyes at the 'outfit' left out for her; rather than getting changed she tucks it into her 'civilian bag', more or less a non-descript courier-type bag primarily black, with a red flap to act as the top. Up in the top-left corner is a symbol from a popular science-fiction series. After a making sure she has a few other necessities, the young woman heads back out to join Detective Logan.
Det. Logan wrote:"This could be a game changer. We've been hamstrung by super-crimes for years now. Sure we have a few cops with powers, but it's not a real dedicated unit. A fully funded team of heroes could handle the problems our police can't. And that's before you think of what CHIMERA contributes to this. It's not just weapons and equipment, we get their intelligence, and we're part of a network of teams we can work with." He pauses for a moment. "Well, maybe. I don't have powers, but I'd like to do my part, you know."
Sasha's brows raise, surprised at the revelation but does nod to the Detective. "So, we're kind of a test-case," she muses, then smiles to him. "Well, I hope we're meeting expectations at least. Not all of us have investigative skills, like me - I kinda feel like I'm learning on the job. Though, I suppose that's true for every job," the young woman continues, cheeks reddening at her verbal stumble. "Just know that we won't quit till the job is done," she adds before addressing his last comment. "It doesn't really matter if you have extraordinary abilities or not if you have other things to contribute; you're a detective - you've got a ton of experience, a proper education in the required field. Probably perceptive and a fast, flexible thinker as well, otherwise you probably wouldn't have gotten to where you are, right?" Sasha continues, hoping that she's not coming off as insincere.
Big Soul wrote:Rook also recognizes the man at the counter as Big Soul, not that he would respond to that name out of his costume. Instead, he looks like another sleepy employee listening to smooth jazz as he barely does his job. Big Soul does not acknowledge Logan. Barely looking up at Rook, he says, "Greene's not here," He slides a small disposable flip phone. "Says he'll call you later with more details about the race if you're interested. Also, says to tell the magician that he'll be in touch about another project."
'Natasha' glances around the very quiet gym, taking in the two who are sparing and the woman doing cardio, then offers a brief nod to the 'employee'. "Alright, thanks," she starts, then reaches for the phone and slips it into a pocket. "I'm interested. Will await his call."

After drawing away from the counter further into the gym she looks to the Detective and shrugs them half-smiles. "Might as well get a little work-out in while I'm here. Hopefully I won't have to wait too long for the call," she explains in a low tone. "Do you want to wait around, or come back later?"
Sicilia

Post by Sicilia »

Perception: 1d100: [32] = 32 / 54%
JiC d100: 1d100: [5] = 5 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [12] = 12

At HQ
Sentinel wrote:”It would be hard not to notice one such as you and what an interestingly inconspicuous manner that you speak, in my head. What am I thinking now?” Sentinel asks in half-jest, ”In honesty, I probably couldn’t even use that device. Some of these capacitive screens refuse to work with stone fingers.” Sentinel says wriggly a pair of fingers provocatively. "In actuality, I was more fascinated by how you use it. Is that repulsor technology; I sense no magic to make it hover so?” he asks feigning ignorance and not at all honest as he clearly senses the psionic energies surrounding the phone.
I believe I've already mentioned to the team that I can't hear others' thoughts, the snake replies with just a hair of a teasing tone, clearly having picked up on Sentinel's jest. After his second question, she seems about to respond before stopping herself. He knows I can speak in his mind, but doesn't know how I hold my phone? Seriously? Not believing that for a second, her reporter's instincts telling her bull, she saves her notes she had taken during the meeting and switches to her notes on Omegas, first those on the stone golem's and then, after a moment's thought, on Wi-fi.

Had she not been hungry and cranky, the snake probably would have let it slide, but given her stomach was telling her to eat and the nagging in her mind was telling her to hunt, she simply didn't have the patience for it, even though she's likely to regret her words once she's in a clearer state of mind. She looks to Sentinel, tongue flicking as she speaks, It's pretty obvious how I hold my phone, and I know you know how, either from simple intuition or because you're familiar with our team leader's abilities. She gives a hiss of mild annoyance, Don't feign ignorance to a reporter. It's pretty high on our list of shit we don't want to deal with when talking to people.
Sentinel wrote:”My apologies! Am I keeping you?" Sentinel asks earnestly upon the conclusion of the snake's stomach rumbles. ”I do not suffer from hunger but that doesn’t mean you should! Would you care to eat? We can continue this conversation wherever you’d like?” he asks the giant snake.
With her stance on that settled, along with the mention of the possibility of getting food, Sicilia immediately brightens, Oh! That sounds great! I could really go for some rabbit or a few squirrels. You can summon animals, right? She gives a thoughtful hiss, Maybe even bobcat. They are a blast to hunt!

She spots Smoof approaching, however, and deflates at the sight, knowing it meant her time was up. Actually, seems it's decided for me. Guess I'm having some pigeon. She shakes her head, clipping her phone into her belt before beginning to slither away. She pauses, before reaching the detective, and looks back to Sentinel.

Don't take what I said the wrong way. Good to know where everyone stands before it has to matter and is a big deal, right? With that, she goes with Detective Smoof off to meet Ri-Ri.

Monk's Cafe

Sicilia eagerly takes notes as the gumshoe explains the history of the city, looking up at the mention of the hoodlums. She watches with a touch of pride as they get taken off on her tip. Glad to see the info I got is already coming to use. Ri-Ri knows her stuff.

The snake doesn't care much about the outside appearance of the cafe, but is quite taken by the inside, glancing about at all of the books. What an interesting design! Learning to read and write was really hard, so I've come to appreciate all the books that helped me along the way. I wonder if there's anything here in Italian? She stops, gives a surprisingly human blink, and looks sheepish as she realizes she thought that "out loud," broadcasting the mental message to anyone in range. S-sorry! she exclaims to everyone who heard, before continuing in a more private mental communique to the detective alone, Ugh. That is so embarrassing. I hope I didn't draw too much attention to us with that...

Her thoughts are soon distracted as she's given her menu, the snake at first puzzled by it, though her confusion is quickly replaced with an earnest curiosity. Is it reading my subconscious? she thinks as she gives it a dry taste with her tongue, Or just my eating habits somehow? Weird.

She's about to decide between two items - "Restrained bobcat" and the exotically titled "Indian Rub Rabbit" - before she's distracted by the entrance of Ri-Ri. The giant snake gives a wave of the tail as the woman laughs, and nods once the Detective finishes introducing her.

Good to see you again. The whole office laughed when I mentioned your name, and I thought my report was duller than my shedding until they explained, the snake jokes, shifting to make room for the woman should she choose to sit alongside them.

Once Ri-Ri is settled in and ready, Sicilia will begin to explain, So! Before joining the Omegas, I was a reporter, and it's difficult for me to pass up talking to someone who's on the inside, especially when it's relevant to my current work. Also means I've already got a few questions for you lined up, if you don't mind. While she can't smile, at least not in the way a human can, the snake tilts her head to give the curve of her lip the facsimile of such, something she rarely does except while reporting, the position a touch straining on her neck.

First of all, it was pretty convenient you were where we were. That really your ex, or just a lucky excuse to talk to me? The question was right at the top of her list, the answer the most pressing for the snake, at the moment.

How long have you been doing this for? is her next question, You sound like you've got some experience doing this, and I was told you were a bit off-and-on about it.

Sicilia takes notes as Robin answers, much happier now that she has her notes, and is even able to get her order in for the cafe, going with the rabbit. As much fun as the bobcat sounded, it would likely be highly distracting for the others with her to watch her eat. She continues once her food is ordered, You certainly get around, had plenty of intel on a whole bunch of folk. Got any contacts that might be interesting to talk to? The more sources the better! she exclaims, the snake's journalism ways slipping through.

She also asks more directly about a few more details on various criminals and crimes that the woman had hinted at, things the snake felt the police could safely tackle without alerting the ring. A drug busting op downtown being known about, where "Murder Mallet Jude" goes to get her mallet supplies when she needs a refresh, smaller things that Sicilia wasn't able to get the full scoop on before.

And finally, she asks Ri-Ri, I noticed that your card mentioned freelance work. How do you feel about trying out Century Station? She flicks her tongue out, skimming her notes as she asks the question, Would be a good change of pace, and you'd get to stay in touch with me, if you didn't mind your first friend there being a bit more serpentine than most. Unless you already know people there, which I wouldn't put past you.
Sicilia
Gear and Current Status
Quick Stats

Omega Suit v3.1.7
S.D.C.:

Modifiers:

Features:
  • Anti-Tamper system

-Natural A.R. 16
-S.D.C.:
-Impervious to cold

-Weight is tripled
-Fatigues at half rate

Sentinel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Sentinel »

Sentinel Prime
Perception: 1d100: [66] = 66 /80% (+15% to recognizing the arcane,+15% regarding technology)
D20 JiC: 1d20: [7] = 7 D100 JiC: 1d100: [93] = 93

Skills: Research 124% / 1d100: [66] = 66
Find Contraband 65%/ 1d100: [30] = 30
Computer Operation 114%/ 1d100: [51] = 51
Law (General) 74% // 1d100: [56] = 56
Invoke Trust: 106% (with Custodian) 1d100: [86] = 86

Yellow Dragon
OOC Comments
Languages: N:Class-Chinese/Mandarin, English, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Japanese, Hindi/Urdu
Conditions: Immune to Magic, Illusions, Possession, Poison, Drugs, And Disease. Mind Block Auto-Defense. Does not tire. Half damage from Cold. Radiates no heat and is invisible to infrared and heat sensors. Immune to pressure; solid stone. Regenerates 6d6 SDC/Melee. Detect magic (also items), Psionics, Supernatural, Seismic, and Dimensional/Teleportation.
Awe and/or Horror Factor 14: Enemies must roll a 15 or higher on a twenty-sided die to avoid being momentarily awestruck. A failed roll means the individual loses initiative, one of his melee attacks. In this case, roll each melee round in which the character with the divine aura is attacked or speaks.
A divine radiance coming from Sentinel and his voice is more than a little compelling to those listening.
Abnormal Energy Sense: 1d100: [73] = 73
Spells:
Butcher Bill:
Sicilia wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:35 am I believe I've already mentioned to the team that I can't hear others' thoughts,...It's pretty obvious how I hold my phone, and I know you know how, either from simple intuition or because you're familiar with our team leader's abilities. She gives a hiss of mild annoyance, Don't feign ignorance to a reporter. It's pretty high on our list of shit we don't want to deal with when talking to people....
At the sudden directness Sentinel may have flinched if he were made of meat and muscle. It seems I have overstepped. he thinks before responding with as friendly a manner he can muster in an attempt to dismiss the faux pas, "Oh? Ms. Sicilia, I regret that I have upset you and find myself apologizing twice in such a short time. I suppose I am stiff on the small talk." he says bowing.
Sicilia wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:35 am ... Oh! That sounds great! I could really go for some rabbit or a few squirrels. You can summon animals, right? She gives a thoughtful hiss, Maybe even bobcat. They are a blast to hunt!...
"I suppose I could, I have provided a few rabbits for my guests over the centuries. Bobcat? Really, alive? Well Miss, I hadn't exactly considered that but you do appear to be of the snake persuasion." he gently chuckles.
Sicilia wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:35 am Actually, seems it's decided for me. Guess I'm having some pigeon.She shakes her head, clipping her phone into her belt before beginning to slither away. She pauses, before reaching the detective, and looks back to Sentinel.
As Sicilia looks back Sentinel summons a pair of bobcats standing at his feet.If you can read my thoughts they are yours when you want them. he thinks to himself in jest smiling at the likely private joke.
Sicilia wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:35 am Don't take what I said the wrong way. Good to know where everyone stands before it has to matter and is a big deal, right?
"Indeed, enjoy your pigeon." he says dismissing the cats.

After Sicilia leaves Sentinel paces the department eventually coming to the evidence room. Evidence for crimes committed. A treasure of contraband. I wonder what they may have seized here in the city I... he thinks approaching the window for the custodians. "Greetings, I am with Detective Hoyle and Mr. Guardian. Have you by chance confiscated any tomes or scrolls that you cannot decipher?" he asks ringing the tiny bell with a stone pinky finger."And I suppose anything you have on the superhero fighting rings or suspected to be linked to them." he requests.

Sentinel will look through the evidence if he gets it, focusing on the information that Mary gave him in regards to the superhero game show channels.
Yellow Dragon Ledger
OOC Comments
Languages: N:Class-Chinese/Mandarin,English, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Japanese, Hindi/Urdu
P.P.E.: 452/452| H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 753/753 AR: 16 Save vs. Awe/Horror:14 (16) for words spoken and each attack against Sentinel

Sentinel Prime

Ectype 1

Ectype 2

Ectype 3

Ectype 4

Ectype 5

Ectype 6

Ectype 7
ImageImage
CHIMERA
Assistant Game Master

Post by CHIMERA »

Working Lunch
Megapolis
Weather: Cloudy (60 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 12:30 pm

Monk's Cafe
Monk's Cafe is buzzing as the lunch rush starts to pick up. The food arrives rather quickly, a waiter, an elderly Sikh with a long beard and waxed mustache, brings two orders of fried fish with pineapple slaw for the humans, and a skinned rabbit doused several bright red and yellow rubs. He looks toward the kitchen but before he can make a move, Detective Smoof waves his hand and shakes his head. The waiter makes a low bow, the gem on his turban shines and Sicilia notices it has the same symbol as the detective's lapel pin, a winged eye. In the distance, she also notices two wide-eyed waiters using restraint poles to usher a very live bobcat back into the kitchen. With table set, Sicilia starts asking her questions.
Sicilia wrote:First of all, it was pretty convenient you were where we were. That really your ex, or just a lucky excuse to talk to me?
"You better believe I wanted to see Mr. Brown Pants get his ass kicked in person. Called up the Buff personally and asked him for tickets. Like he'd say no to moi. He used to ship 'troubled' kids to Uncle Sam's farm, we go way back."
Sicilia wrote:How long have you been doing this for? You sound like you've got some experience doing this, and I was told you were a bit off-and-on about it.
"Doing what? Living?" Ri-Ri chuckles as she coolly stirs her tea. "Look, I do what I do, and sometimes I learn things that I pass to my good friends at the local constabulary. Like Cool Lester Smoof here.'
Sicilia wrote:You certainly get around, had plenty of intel on a whole bunch of folk. Got any contacts that might be interesting to talk to? The more sources the better!
"Do you know what you're even asking for? That's not how this game is played." Ri-Ri puts down her tea and turns to Detective Smoof. They start exchanging gossip in a patois that Sicilia cannot keep up with. As they talk, the detective slides five cowrie shells to Ri-Ri. She palms it and slides a yellow beaded bracelet back to him. From what Sicilia can gather, the two are talking in more detail about the cases that Sicilia had brought up during the briefing. She catches snippets here and there and can see that her intel has reaped rewards.

Things end with a mention of Murder Mallet Judy. The detective leans in and stops eating his food as Ri-Ri talks. He finally puts down his fork and says, "Casing the joint?" Ri-Ri nods. "Well, shit. We're going to have to shut down the Arena before that happens."
Sicilia wrote:I noticed that your card mentioned freelance work. How do you feel about trying out Century Station?
"Nah, I'm good," Ri-Ri replies pouring a health splash of hot sauce over her fish.
Sicilia wrote:Would be a good change of pace, and you'd get to stay in touch with me, if you didn't mind your first friend there being a bit more serpentine than most. Unless you already know people there, which I wouldn't put past you.
"Yeah, the CS is played out. Might hit up my girl North's ranch in Montana for a bit. But who knows? I'll see you around. And if Cool Lester vouches for you," Detective Smoof nods, "I'll let you know what I know."

Warrior Body Sculpting
Since she's at the gym, 'Natasha' decides to get a workout in before heading back to the police station. As she and Detective Curtis are on the treadmill they continue their conversation on heroism, albeit low enough for no one else to hear. Both share their worries, and in turn, give each other a motivational boost. At one point, Curtis says, "Guardian Plus told me that a hero, regardless if they have a mask, badge, both, or neither, has to be unafraid to do what they know is right; and when they're wrong, they need to be committed to making making it good."

After a half hour on the treadmill, Big Soul shouts from across the gym, "Yo, we're closing for a special workout. If you do not know how to teleport you can walk the fuck out the door now."

Everyone but the old man standing in the middle of the fighting ring gather their things and leaves. As Rook closes the door behind her, she hears a single piercing shriek and the clatter of what sounds like at least four bo sticks clashing.

Porto Hill Police Station
Wi-Fi and Iron Maiden are standing in an empty room in the basement of the police station. In preparation for investigating a police station, Wi-Fi looks at the equipment the detectives have available. She finds a few Kevlar vests, including one with a special harness for concealing wings (apparently there is at least one winged police officer in Megapolis). After a careful inspection Wi-Fi concludes that the Kevlar vests don't offer anything the Omega Suits already have. The same goes for the shotgun, it's not hers and it doesn't handle as well.* And when she thinks about it, borrowing police gear defeats the purpose of being brought in as agents of CHIMERA. Bravo Team was called to find the Arena and shut it down as super heroes do, not act like an auxiliary SWAT team.

Sentinel goes up to the evidence room, which is attended by a very disinterested officer reading the Tibetan Book of the Dead. The officer never looks up from his book, and answers every question Sentinel asks with a firm "No." He will also give the same answer to any future questions, including: 'is there anything else interesting', 'would it be possible to browse around', 'could you be any more helpful', 'are you any good at your job', and 'what is your oldest child's name'**.

He returns back to the briefing room around the same time as the Rook, Sicilia, and the rest of the Megapolis police. Detective Hoyle gets in front of the room and starts things off, "Alright, lunch is over. We need to search KLCD now. As you are all aware, Guardian Plus brought in the Omegas to help with investigation." He looks at Bravo Team and continues, "I want you five to take point here^. This is a chance to show us how a team of super-powered individuals can help us with problems like this. So which channel do you want to investigate first?"

WHAT DO YOU DO?

* Wi-Fi should use her own equipment. She gets no tactical gain whatsoever from borrowing MPD equipment"
** No Battahuypam just made the Honor Roll at MHS 115
^ One last clarification for Rook, participation in this raid will not blow her cover if Bravo Team decides to investigate the super powered races later.
Wi-Fi
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Wi-Fi »

Perception: 1d100: [62] = 62 / 62%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [18] = 18 | 1d100: [13] = 13

Once all of the people who were going to be there were in the room the woman starts, It felt odd to be giving a plan to a situation she did not see directly. Still the overall strategy and nature of the search did not need her to be fully aware. it was better to deal with it effectively and reasonably as the mutant was able to.

"We are going in more 'visibly' than usual. This will be a time-sensitive raid. The moment the cameras pick us up they will likely have their contact working on deleting or removing evidence if they are smart. I would have done that, so I am guessing they might as well. As we go in we need to start the search and hack as soon as possible.." Wi-Fi states, "If we can have snipers or spotters near entrances to the studio to spike runners that would be nice. if we can spare the manpower hack the cameras and use them. We can at least attempt to ID them as they flee for later capture."

"Iron maiden, You are tech-savvy. Can you handle hacking and getting a visual of the security cameras? the MPD should have some hackers to help you if you need it." she asks the techno-morph, "Rook you and I are going point. we should be reasonably damage resistant and you know the case."

"Sentinel and Silicia, go behind me and Rook to watch our backs and act as overwatch. I trust both of you to act as the situation demands." she looks to the Golem specifically, "Sentinel, If you have any Ectypes here we could use them to help with crowd control and running down any escapees once the raid starts. Maybe work with Iron Maiden and get us some recon."

"Sentinel, In that fight with Crashpad at the bank, we had those shields that gave a lot of damage resistance and regen. Hand those shields out to the omegas and others if they need them. I don't anticipate a massive fight, in the event one does happen I want to be ready regardless. To all omega's Try to avoid unnecessary damage to the buildings and the fewer civilian casualties and fatalities the better. As a general reminder to the Omega's, not that I expect this to happen, This is not Century station and we may not have Chimera to cover any screw-ups or Micheal Bay-inspired explosions. So let's be careful out there." she finishes with a grin at the last part turning to the detectives becoming serious once more.

"Detectives, have your teams move in behind and begin the search as best you can. You encounter trouble radio and we can attempt aid if needed. In a city like this, you have more metahumans that don't wear flashy outfits if they are above your ability to take down we can try and help. I realize you deal with them already, but the offer stands" she told them. Wi-Fi was sure they would be fine dealing with them and offered just in case they found a heavy hitter.

"Any questions?" she looks to all ready to answer to the best of her limited knowledge of the case. Knowing from reports and the second hand was not going to cut it. While she could make a guess, Wi-Fi did not know these fight crew or fighters and those who interacted with them.

"If not then let's get going. Once they pick a target. she looked to the omega team, "The omega field team have a better pulse on the Situation than I do. I will differ to their judgment." Wi-Fi said plainly as she looks at them.
Last edited by Wi-Fi on Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
TRS-13

Features:
• 12 attachment points

Omega Field Kit
(2) Dosimeter clip badge
(20) Disposable gloves
(30) Evidence bags
First Aid Kit
Flashlight
Fold-able gas mask
Multitool
(5) Signal flares
(6) Zip ties

Shock Gloves:
Iron Maiden

Post by Iron Maiden »

Perception (30%): 1d100: [99] = 99
JIC (1d20/1d100): 1d20: [15] = 15 / 1d100: [73] = 73
Wi-Fi wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:14 pm "Iron maiden, Your tech-savvy. Can you handle hacking and getting a visual of the security cameras? the MPD should have some hackers to help you if you need it." she asks the techno-morph, "Rook you and I are going point. we should be reasonably damage resistant and you know the case."
Iron Maiden responds, "I am better with mechanical systems than with electronics and computers, but I will do my best. Any assistance from the local police will be apprectiated."
Wi-Fi wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:14 pm "If not then let's get going. Once they pick a target. she looked to the omega team, "The omega field team have a better pulse on the Situation than I do. I will differ to their judgment." Wi-Fi said plainly as she looks at them.
When Wi-Fi asks about which channel they should raid, Chastity thinks over what was said, "I am not sure if anyone else agrees, but I think the studio which is doing the superhero sitcom reruns is the best choice. If they are in reruns then the production areas are not currently in use and, therefore, the space is available. If you want, I can try to see if there is any access to records of power use in that studio available on-line."

She thinks, I am not at all sure about dogs being unable to track snakes.

She adds aloud, "Would we have time for me to go back and get Gearwolf. I still think if we can find the exact spot where the van parked in the garage and tell which studio is associated with that spot, we would be better off."
Iron Maiden
Natural AR 11

CLOCKWORK WOLF
Natural AR 16
Wi-Fi
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Wi-Fi »

(rolls maintained)

She was eager to actually do something useful for once. Getting the witness to turn was important but would not impress her bosses or make her look useful. Any cop could interrogate that would not impress anyone. without any dedicated non-lethal she would need to be creative. hand to hand and controlled strikes should work fine.

"My hunch is Ball Sports Network (32) or Channel 101. Channel 50 is mostly talks shows and Reality. Ball sports does coverage for MMA. she adds, "Channel 101 does superhero shows so they would have the building to have super brawls in. That studio has lots of people going in and out at all times of the day. I like Channel 101. Unless there is anything I missed about the rest." she looks to the Omega team.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
TRS-13

Features:
• 12 attachment points

Omega Field Kit
(2) Dosimeter clip badge
(20) Disposable gloves
(30) Evidence bags
First Aid Kit
Flashlight
Fold-able gas mask
Multitool
(5) Signal flares
(6) Zip ties

Shock Gloves:
Rook
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Post by Rook »

Condition: Fine, a little sweaty and muscles aching 'in a good way', as they say.

Perception 58%: 1d100: [14] = 14
JIC D20: 1d20: [14] = 14
JIC D100: 1d100: [99] = 99
Det. Curtis wrote:At one point, Curtis says, "Guardian Plus told me that a hero, regardless if they have a mask, badge, both, or neither, has to be unafraid to do what they know is right; and when they're wrong, they need to be committed to making making it good."
'Natasha' nods to the detective on that regard. "I understand that well enough," comes her admittedly vague response, along with an apologetic expression - the young woman isn't 100% confident that the whole gym isn't being monitored with at least audio bugs, so she tries to avoid saying anything that might associate herself with a supers team.
Big Soul wrote:After a half hour on the treadmill, Big Soul shouts from across the gym, "Yo, we're closing for a special workout. If you do not know how to teleport you can walk the fuck out the door now."
Looking up and over, 'Natasha' sighs and grabs a towel to try her face and arms of the light sheen of sweat - during her time there, she'd spent time on the treadmill but also testing out other equipment if present. After grabbing her change of clothes, the blonde heads out of the gym after Curtis, offering a brief nod to Big Soul along the way. Once outside, she wipes her face again then smiles to the Detective. "Well, that wasn't nearly long enough of a workout. I could use a drink though - something cold, refreshing and not alcoholic. Also, not too sweet. Any suggestions?"
GM wrote:Everyone but the old man standing in the middle of the fighting ring gather their things and leaves. As Rook closes the door behind her, she hears a single piercing shriek and the clatter of what sounds like at least four bo sticks clashing.
A startled look, the sound causing 'Natasha' to twitch slightly before looking back with a raised brow. "Huh, I'd love to get a look at what is going on in there... are they really training, or is it something worse?" she muses, then looks back to the Detective with an uncertain shrug.

Once they are back at the Detectives vehicle and ensconced within (including seatbelts), Rook shoots the male smile. "Sorry for the vague reply inside, it occurred to me that the place could be being bugged or somesuch," she starts, rubbing the back of her neck then kneading the muscles there. "I could just be being paranoid, but after what happened at the Studio yesterday I'm feeling a bit jumpy, I guess," the blonde continues as she settles back into the seat comfortably. "I think I'd have to agree with Guardian Plus. Even though I'm a part of a supers team, I don't really look at myself as any sort of hero - heck, I don't think the public does either, I dunno. I kinda... fell into being a part of the team, and not that long ago, and still trying to get my footing."

After they pull out, hopefully to go find something cool and refreshing to drink, Rook does her best to stifle a sigh. "So, where to? I'm still not sure my joining the raid or whatnot on the studio is a good idea, even with some sort of disguise."

Cold Drink?
Perhaps a Booster Juice or something similar!
Sicilia

Post by Sicilia »

Perception: 1d100: [2] = 2 / 54%
JiC d100: 1d100: [69] = 69 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [6] = 6

Monk's Cafe
Sicilia calmly enjoys her rabbit, hoping the small amounts of herbs and spices rubbed into it to add flavor won't give her too bad of indigestion later down the line, and decides it doesn't really matter much.

With each question answered by Ri-Ri, Sicilia is reaffirmed of just how far out of her element the woman's work lies. Still, the snake dutifully takes notes down. At least she's willing to talk. I get the feeling I'm boring her, though. Makes sense, I am a reporter. Most people get bored of the questions three in.

Once Smoof and Robin begin their back and forth, exchanges, and gossiping, Sicilia gives a small flick of her tongue, realizing that the detective would have probably come here regardless of her wish to meet Ri-Ri, and that bringing the snake along was more a favor for her work than anything. Still, she got good info out of it, now possessing notes on North's Ranch in Montana, the Buff, and "Uncle Sam's farm," which Sicilia figured was an allusion to the government rather than a person. Still, things for the snake to look into.

Once the Detective's business is done, and the odd pair are on their way, Sicilia will give a nod to Ri-Ri. It was good to meet you, Ri-Ri. I may not have as colorful of friends as you do, but if you need a contact, hit me up. I'll see what sources I can dredge up.

Back in the car, Sicilia goes over her notes, before turning an eye over to Smoof. Cool Lester? Really? She chuckles in his mind with that, before going about organizing her notes on the meeting with Ri-Ri. That could have gone better for my queries, but at least you got your work done. Hope it was worth the trip, at least.

Sicilia has little time to sort her things out upon arrival back at the station. Now in a considerably better mood, with a full stomach for the next few days and a bit of work under her belt, she is more vibrant as the group all gathers together for their brief briefing. She nods along as Detective Hoyle speaks, body tensing as she realizes just how soon the raid was going to be. In a few hours, her new power was going to be tested.
Chastity wrote:When Wi-Fi asks about which channel they should raid, Chastity thinks over what was said, "I am not sure if anyone else agrees, but I think the studio which is doing the superhero sitcom reruns is the best choice. If they are in reruns then the production areas are not currently in use and, therefore, the space is available. If you want, I can try to see if there is any access to records of power use in that studio available on-line."
Wi-Fi wrote:"My hunch is Ball Sports Network (32) or Channel 101. Channel 50 is mostly talks shows and Reality. Ball sports does coverage for MMA." she adds, "Channel 101 does superhero shows so they would have the building to have super brawls in. That studio has lots of people going in and out at all times of the day. I like Channel 101. Unless there is anything I missed about the rest." she looks to the Omega team.
As channels are suggested, she looks over her notes on the meeting, eventually nodding and telling Wi-Fi, Channel 101 sounds like game shows and home renovation, I believe Channel 86 was the one running the supe-coms, regardless I don't think a studio set for a comedy would be up to par for rigorous combat and flight courses. If Channel 50 is covering MMA, then it'd have the arena and the sturdiness for what was going on in there, especially if the place was designed to compensate for any powers. That is assuming, of course, it's filmed on location, and not just an ancillary location getting a feed from the actual tournament arena. She taps the table with her tail in thought, before looking over the notes again.

She hisses. And I can't count out Channel 44 either. Other studios stay away from it? It has it's own radio station, where it can broadcast whatever it wants on whatever frequency it wants? That's sending up red-flags to me as a potential site.
Sicilia
Gear and Current Status
Quick Stats

Omega Suit v3.1.7
S.D.C.:

Modifiers:

Features:
  • Anti-Tamper system

-Natural A.R. 16
-S.D.C.:
-Impervious to cold

-Weight is tripled
-Fatigues at half rate

Sentinel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Sentinel »

Sentinel Prime
Perception: 1d100: [99] = 99 /80% (+15% to recognizing the arcane,+15% regarding technology)
D20 JiC: 1d20: [18] = 18 D100 JiC: 1d100: [61] = 61

Skills: Lore: Monsters and Demons 104%/ 1d100: [30] = 30
Yellow Dragon
OOC Comments
Abnormal Energy Sense: 1d100: [41] = 41
Spells:
Butcher Bill:
Sentinel goes up to the evidence room, which is attended by a very disinterested officer reading the Tibetan Book of the Dead. The officer never looks up from his book, and answers every question Sentinel asks with a firm "No." He will also give the same answer to any future questions, including: 'is there anything else interesting', 'would it be possible to browse around', 'could you be any more helpful', 'are you any good at your job', and 'what is your oldest child's name'**.
”No?” he answers with visible confusion. No!, he shouts louder and louder in his own head after each request gets shot down one after another. Reaching into his inner strength the power to dominate begins to form and fade as he regains his bearing. It was all he could do to stop himself from bending the mind of the little man behind the desk. The only thing stopping the ancient emperor was his more than slight concern over the disruption it would cause to his plans for finding the one in the painting and pissing off the city would not do. I don’t know why, but I can feel he is the key. he thinks angrily turning away to storm back to the briefing room just as Detective Hoyle instructs the Omega team Bravo to take the lead. ”About time.” he says venting his frustration.
Wi-Fi wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:14 pm
"Sentinel and Silicia, go behind me and Rook to watch our backs and act as overwatch. I trust both of you to act as the situation demands." she looks to the Golem specifically, "Sentinel, If you have any Ectypes here we could use them to help with crowd control and running down any escapees once the raid starts. Maybe work with Iron Maiden and get us some recon."
”Ms. Wi-fi, we can manage what you ask.” He answers thinking of the different solutions he has available and their gradients of success pondering whether he should use an ectype or perhaps some more creative summons. ”If you recall at our little coming out party in Century Station the earth hound, many more of those I think will do the trick. You see they are excellent hunters.” he says speaking of the Earth Hounds.
Wi-Fi wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:14 pm
"Sentinel, in that fight with Crashpad at the bank, we had those shields that gave a lot of damage resistance and regen. Hand those shields out to the omegas and others if they need them. I don't anticipate a massive fight, in the event one does happen I want to be ready regardless. To all omega's Try to avoid unnecessary damage to the buildings and the fewer civilian casualties and fatalities the better. As a general reminder to the Omega's, not that I expect this to happen, This is not Century station and we may not have Chimera to cover any screw-ups or Micheal Bay-inspired explosions. So let's be careful out there." she finishes with a grin at the last part turning to the detectives becoming serious once more
”Yes, let us not set back our reputation among the believers.” My reputation. he mentally adds pondering the ways in which to increase his influence in Metropolis City.
Yellow Dragon Ledger
OOC Comments

Sentinel Prime

Ectype 1

Ectype 2

Ectype 3

Ectype 4

Ectype 5

Ectype 6

Ectype 7
ImageImage
CHIMERA
Assistant Game Master

Post by CHIMERA »

Let the Games Begin!
KLCD Studios, Megapolis
Weather: Sunny (63 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 1:30 pm

In the police car outside of Warrior Body Sculpting Rook suggests going for a quick energy drink. Detective Logan shakes his head, "Sorry, but it's time to get back to the station and close in on the Arena."

The drive to the station arriving the same time as Sicilia and Detective Smoof. He lets her out of the car but stays in. "I'm going to check a street doc I know and bring in Indigo. Don't forget what Ri-Ri said about tickets to the Arena at lunch."

The two heroes join everyone else to decide how they want to search the TV studios. During the discussion Iron Maiden asks about going back to Century Station.
Iron Maiden wrote:"Would we have time for me to go back and get Gearwolf. I still think if we can find the exact spot where the van parked in the garage and tell which studio is associated with that spot, we would be better off."
Detective Hoyle turns around and barks, "What? Didn't you go during lunch? I told you Transit could teleport you there whenever you wanted."

Transit chimes in from his TV monitors, "They just sat here the whole time talking about knives, Kevlar, and M.D.C."

"Well it's too late now. You should done more than stand around and talk this whole time."

Eventually the team decides to go to Channel 101 first.

Channel 101
The drive to the studios are uneventful; the Omegas, Guardian Plus, and Detectives Hoyle and Logan take three Avtram hovertrucks to the sprawling complex. Guardian Plus leads the caravan to Channel 101, and the sight of the parking lot is disheartening. It is a single level structure that can house the sports cars of the most popular game show hosts.

In the outdoor lot, a crew is shooting the latest episode Art's Coor Parkour, where x-treme althele Art Jork is running the hottest parkour teams in the Coor's neighborhood through a wily obstacle course. Teams are scored on the number of players that finish the course without falling in the ball pit below, speed, and the number of cool tricks they execute. This is the perfect example of super-local programming that Channel 101 thrives on, very niche (in this case the NW side of Megapolis) but has a rabid following among locals.

There is a sudden burst of commotion from inside the studio where Parker's Court is being filmed. The Omegas rush in to see two men shoving each other. Judge Maryanne Parker orders her security guards to separate the two, and the fight is defused before the police need to intervene. The case for this episode is on whether or not one can use a garden gnome to call dibs on a parking spot on street sweeping day. Detective Hoyle makes a loud comment about dibs being sacred, which Guardian replies with an, "Actually..."

Before another argument can start, Judge Parker tosses everyone from her studio. Based on what everyone saw, it is safe to say the Arena was not held here the night before.

WHICH CHANNEL WILL YOU SEARCH NEXT?
Wi-Fi
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Wi-Fi »

Perception: 1d100: [9] = 9 / 62%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [18] = 18 | 1d100: [55] = 55

"Right, that went well as expected, time to improvise and actually investigate with subtly. I would have thought you might have looked at the studio's schedules beforehand. No matter we can recover it. she looked to the detectives and Guardian, "Detectives and Tech teams begin a check on the Gate access and security center see who came in and when. Ensure they do not tip off anyone you are there. Chances are the Gate security is working for or is bribed by the fighting ring. Teams on Security cams look for out-of-place skips, repeated time stamps, and guards/animals that seem to be in multiple places at once. Authenticate the timestamps to be sure. ID guards and do check the work schedule of the security guards to confirm If there was a work shift change or it is looped footage. Send me the findings as you get them and be ready to move when we find the place." she orders. The MSPD like the CSPD was pretty much useless for the direct action anyway. Best to put them on Security check for now and have them as a reserve force. she did not need hero worshippers around. They over or underestimated the powers and tactics of metas. Both costly errors she did not need to explain to anyone.

"Can I have a pair of stealthy flyers go airborne as discretely as possible to see if you can spot something familiar? DO NOT go in any studios or targets alone. Stay near us just in case. We regroup before entering. There is no telling who is inside the place. The rest of us will stay on the ground. and scout from here. Sentinel, if you can help them to not be seen it would be welcomed, and passing that shield that heals might be a good idea. Just in case. I am going to get a map of the studio and filming schedule to better plan as the MSPD plan is to 'let us hero it' and not provide us a map and filming schedule..." she speaks up looking for a map of the studio lot on her computer/com device. "What the hell is 'how heroes do it' anyway? god, people these days..." she comments aloud as she works on the map and filming schedule.

This lack of information was starting to piss her off and reminding her further why the vigilante life was much better than heroes. The MSPD did not even have a list of the filming schedules issued to the field team. It should not be on request or if someone asks.
Computer Operation:
Locate a filming schedule and locate a map of the studio lot:
Computer Operation: 1d100: [66] = 66 /105% (Locate map roll)
Computer Operation: 1d100: [73] = 73 /105% (Filming schedule roll)
Computer Hacking: 1d100: [54] = 54 /108% (Hacking to get schedules if needed)

Police did not think to check the schedules or even ask about the place's security beforehand? she thinks. when she thinks of the raid is not an all hands at once affair. A simple schedule might have eliminated busy studios that were occupied. She began to see why the fighting ring was not caught yet.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
TRS-13

Features:
• 12 attachment points

Omega Field Kit
(2) Dosimeter clip badge
(20) Disposable gloves
(30) Evidence bags
First Aid Kit
Flashlight
Fold-able gas mask
Multitool
(5) Signal flares
(6) Zip ties

Shock Gloves:
CHIMERA
Assistant Game Master

Post by CHIMERA »

Mini-Update
Wi-Fi wrote:"Right, that went well as expected, time to improvise and actually investigate with subtly. I would have thought you might have looked at the studio's schedules beforehand. No matter we can recover it. Detectives and Tech teams begin a check on the Gate access and security center see who came in and when. Ensure they do not tip off anyone you are there. Chances are the Gate security is working for or is bribed by the fighting ring. Teams on Security cams look for out-of-place skips, repeated time stamps, and guards/animals that seem to be in multiple places at once. Authenticate the timestamps to be sure. ID guards and do check the work schedule of the security guards to confirm If there was a work shift change or it is looped footage. Send me the findings as you get them and be ready to move when we find the place."
Guardian Plus shrugs and says, "Well yeah, that's the plan. But look, like we said KLCD is a large place that is divided into several channels. Each one operates largely independent. The only way to get the info you want (and we all want it) is to go channel by channel. We have to go download the security camera's files, get the film schedules, and then we can also check the sets. None of this info is going to magically fall in our laps, and we can't get everything for all the channels at once. We need to pick another channel and keep searching."
Wi-Fi wrote:"Can I have a pair of stealthy flyers go airborne as discretely as possible to see if you can spot something familiar? DO NOT go in any studios or targets alone. Stay near us just in case. We regroup before entering. There is no telling who is inside the place. The rest of us will stay on the ground. and scout from here. Sentinel, if you can help them to not be seen it would be welcomed, and passing that shield that heals might be a good idea. Just in case. I am going to get a map of the studio and filming schedule to better plan as the MSPD plan is to 'let us hero it' and not provide us a map and filming schedule..."
Detective Hoyle explains further, "Like we said before, there is nothing suspicious about police or masked heroes being on the premise of any of these channels. Guardian Plus has been on Sleaziest Predator with Mitch Hanson regularly. Mega-Medico is here to patch injuries whenever they are filming Catsup Catapult. You don't need to overthink this. We're not dealing with criminals waiting to ambush us or barricaded in some stronghold. We search as a team, and crack this case."

GM Note: Really, this is not some tactical strike you need to plan with surgical precision. You need to come to consensus on where to search for the Arena. If you are concerned about equipment, I would strongly recommend that you list what you want your PC to carry. As base armor everyone should be wearing their Omega Suit since it provides adequate protection for any threat you will encounter. As far as worrying about blowing your identity, aside from what the NPC's have stated, the Omegas are not widely recognized outside of Century Station. As of right now, the people running the Arena wouldn't have reason to think you are CHIMERA funded heroes unless you flagrantly pointed that out. I will spend more time fleshing out the extent of the Omegas public identities throughout further adventures, but for right now you do not have to worry about any ambushes or traps. I'm more keen on having you solve mysteries and face painful moral dilemmas than fret over the logistics of an operation.
Wi-Fi
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Wi-Fi »

"Detective Hoyle, We are just preparing for the fight in case it happens sooner than expected. As we would with any case involving powerful metahumans. If I recall one of the fighters was a dragon? You bet I am going to plan ahead. As you say if meta's are a common sight here we are fine sending up a flyer will go unnoticed. If it narrows the search down it will help." she pauses.

"Did you give everyone a map of the studio? because some of us have never been here before. Knowledge of terrain and not getting lost are both good things. What if the guides get separated from the team? A map is not something someone should have to request. It should be part of the pre-mission and field gear. See, a few missions back they sent us into a lair of a powerful villain. What they did not do was give us a light source. We were because of their short-sighted planning stumbling around in the dark. After that incident, I learned to not rely on others for all things. so planning ahead for my team is a priority to me. Especially when there is a risk to safety. So if I double-check your work or over plan don't be too pissy. I work for the government. if you think I over plan, you should see some of my bosses." she comments. "Knowing who came in through the front gate gives a heads up on who is here. You would think these people would have this shit done already and be watching. again a good motivator to plan ahead." she thinks to herself.

Guardian Plus: But look, like we said KLCD is a large place that is divided into several channels.
"I am fully aware of that. Why do you think I am downloading a studio map now, and trying to get the Filming schedules? Pro-tip, if you know you are going to search all channels. before you do the physical search begins the data and intel search Prior to the mission. Unlike the Omega team, you have a staff of people able to operate in shifts and multiple people to do the search." she shrugs
Guardian Plus: None of this info is going to magically fall in our laps, and we can't get everything for all the channels at once.
"I am a communications tech. Fully aware of how things work. I did not say get it all to me now. I did however expect your people to already be working on it before we got here and having some of it done. You had several hours to have it done by now and with proper shift set up, it should have been started at least. I guess I am working on it after I get a map and the filming schedules?" she adds with a smile then continues her work.
Guardian Plus: We need to pick another channel and keep searching.
"Why do you think I am sending up a flyer? They have a better idea of what and who to look for." she pauses " if you have any suggestions by all means speak up." she answers GP.

"Rook, Sentinel? can you give me a direction to start searching? something that looks promising." she told them, "Nice encryption. I used this once to crack a bank vault open. Solid stuff." she grins.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
TRS-13

Features:
• 12 attachment points

Omega Field Kit
(2) Dosimeter clip badge
(20) Disposable gloves
(30) Evidence bags
First Aid Kit
Flashlight
Fold-able gas mask
Multitool
(5) Signal flares
(6) Zip ties

Shock Gloves:
Sicilia

Post by Sicilia »

Perception: 1d100: [2] = 2 / 54%
JiC d100: 1d100: [67] = 67 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [9] = 9

CHIMERA wrote:The drive to the station arriving the same time as Sicilia and Detective Smoof. He lets her out of the car but stays in. "I'm going to check a street doc I know and bring in Indigo. Don't forget what Ri-Ri said about tickets to the Arena at lunch."
Sicilia nods at that, giving an appreciative hiss for his help. At his comment, she tilts her head down, "smiling" for a moment before she lets her head resume its normal posture on her neck. Already have it written down. I'll be looking into this Buff when I get the chance, after the raid. It might not matter at that point if the raid goes really well, but still good info to look into.

Channel 101

Sicilia is unsurprised when their first choice of channel ends up being a bust. Based on the notes she had taken, she feels a touch validated that her points back at the station were correct, though she doesn't feel ill-will at having checked out the channel first. You have to get used to losing a scoop every now and then when looking for something really good, she thinks to herself as Wi-Fi begins to chew out the detectives.

She listens in,, in part to see if the woman has any orders for her specifically, but also to get a feel for how she directed others, taking notes on Wi-Fi's style and expectations. At her mention of not having a light source, Sicilia pauses. Bumbling around in the dark? Did no one think to bring a flashlight? She glances to the pair of flashlights she keeps on the belt she wears, tugged snugly about her scales of her midsection and still tight despite the omega suit she had put on underneath for the op.

She flicks her tail, still finding the thing odd. The first time she had taken it, she had sworn it had arm and leg holes. Now, it was like an oversized sleeve, and never stuck to the ground as she slid about. She still hadn't tested her new ability while wearing it, the snake able to feel the power inside herself, just waiting for her to pull on it and use it to the fullest.
Wi-Fi wrote:"Rook, Sentinel? can you give me a direction to start searching? something that looks promising." she told them, "Nice encryption. I used this once to crack a bank vault open. Solid stuff." she grins.
Having thoroughly distracted herself with her thoughts, Sicilia only snaps herself out of it once Wi-Fi is asking for directions from her teammates. The snake flicks her tail, idly wondering, I was here too. Guess I'm too new to rely on? She can't fault Wi-Fi for the logic of relying on old talent, but she can't help but feel a little put aside from not being considered at this stage in the game. Well, just because she's focused on the intel from the others doesn't mean I shouldn't still help. Page 4 article is still an article, after all.

So it is that Sicilia waits patiently for the winged woman and the terracotta warrior to give their suggestions, before sliding forward herself, directing her thoughts to the group, glancing at her notes to organize her thoughts before she "speaks". If you don't mind my input, and I know you don't have all the details you want yet, but I'd like to add to what Rook and Sentinel have said. As she continues, she looks down to her pad, looking over her notes and flicking here and there with her tongue, similarly to how she did while giving her report to the detectives.

Cutting to the chase, unless we find something weird now, I think the best channels to investigate right now are Channels 32, 44, and 86. The Arena was inside a standard television studio with a sound stage, so we're not looking for a televised arena, like an MMA arena. Still, assuming they don't have any late afternoon talk shows on sports, that's a good time line up for Ball Sports Network.

She taps on her pad, indicating she had given her info on the first channel, before moving on, Channel 44 has a radio station, and is even more isolated from the others. Sentinel did mention that they're running 24/7, but if they have little contact with the other studios, they very well could be pre-recording their rants, or focusing on radio shows at later hours, providing a possibility there.

As for Channel 86, she says, They run experimental shows, and play reruns at night, so the studio is probably empty at that time. If they used to play supe-coms, then the stage might be rated for supers, if they didn't just have regular actors and special effects.

Her short speech done, the snake nods, looking to Wi-Fi. Knowing the woman had other work she was doing, she had let her thoughts broadcast to the detectives and other Omega agents as well, so anyone interested could hear what she had to say. Frankly, she finishes up, my hunch is on Channel 44. All of the other channels are too... popular. Under too much scrutiny. Who'd care to tune in to a 24/7 stream of something called BlogNews? I'm a journalist, and I wouldn't recommend you read articles all day long. I bet they record segments in the studio and do afternoons and nights in the radio station, leaving the TV studio free for the real money to come in.

Sorry for the all that, I know it's a bit redundant and a touch late, she apologizes privately to Wi-Fi, I get tired after eating, and wanted to organize my notes a bit more anyways and didn't have time with the meeting with Ri-Ri and all. She then waits for what her team lead needs her to do. Besides, I don't want a chewing out like she gave the detectives. She's my boss, she can actually punish me for late info.
Sicilia
Gear and Current Status
Quick Stats

Omega Suit v3.1.7
S.D.C.:

Modifiers:

Features:
  • Anti-Tamper system

-Natural A.R. 16
-S.D.C.:
-Impervious to cold

-Weight is tripled
-Fatigues at half rate

Wi-Fi
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Wi-Fi »

Frankly, she finishes up, my hunch is on Channel 44. All of the other channels are too... popular. Under too much scrutiny. Who'd care to tune in to a 24/7 stream of something called BlogNews? I'm a journalist, and I wouldn't recommend you read articles all day long. I bet they record segments in the studio and do afternoons and nights in the radio station, leaving the TV studio free for the real money to come in.
"Good thinking. We will check that studio for sure as we pass it." she nods in agreement. It was one of the many that would be searched. When they did she would be sure to use more scrutiny.
Sorry for the all that, I know it's a bit redundant and a touch late, she apologizes privately to Wi-Fi, I get tired after eating, and wanted to organize my notes a bit more anyways and didn't have time with the meeting with Ri-Ri and all.
"No apologies necessary, you did your part and more. I just drank bad coffee talked to a drunk guy. so if anyone did not pull their weight is was not any of you. I would be the one getting carried. ." she thought back, "far as I am concerned your one of us. So feel free to speak up at any time. I just asked Rook and Sentinel first because I wanted an ariel view is all. people like lunch and smoke breaks. They might spot someone important is all in addition to getting a better scope of the place. speaking of.." she looks up from the hack for a moment.

Once Rook or Sentinel go airborne:
"You spot anything or one of note while you were up there?" she asks,
If no one spots any person/thing of interest:
"If not let's just pick a direction and go already." and starts walking toward Channel 44 (or the one the group decides on), looking to make sure she is hitting anyone or tripping.
Last edited by Wi-Fi on Sat May 08, 2021 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
TRS-13

Features:
• 12 attachment points

Omega Field Kit
(2) Dosimeter clip badge
(20) Disposable gloves
(30) Evidence bags
First Aid Kit
Flashlight
Fold-able gas mask
Multitool
(5) Signal flares
(6) Zip ties

Shock Gloves:
Iron Maiden

Post by Iron Maiden »

Perception (30%): 1d100: [47] = 47
JIC (1d20/1d100): 1d20: [14] = 14 / 1d100: [16] = 16

Chastity finds the police in this city strangely disorganized. Her trainers would never undertake a raid with this little advance information and prior planning.
Sentinel wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 4:35 am ”Ms. Wi-fi, we can manage what you ask.” He answers thinking of the different solutions he has available and their gradients of success pondering whether he should use an ectype or perhaps some more creative summons. ”If you recall at our little coming out party in Century Station the earth hound, many more of those I think will do the trick. You see they are excellent hunters.” he says speaking of the Earth Hounds.
Chastity suggests, "Could you have an ectype take an earth hound and search the parking garage for Sicilia's scent?"
Wi-Fi wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 12:24 pm "Right, that went well as expected, time to improvise and actually investigate with subtly. I would have thought you might have looked at the studio's schedules beforehand. No matter we can recover it. she looked to the detectives and Guardian, "Detectives and Tech teams begin a check on the Gate access and security center see who came in and when. Ensure they do not tip off anyone you are there. Chances are the Gate security is working for or is bribed by the fighting ring. Teams on Security cams look for out-of-place skips, repeated time stamps, and guards/animals that seem to be in multiple places at once. Authenticate the timestamps to be sure. ID guards and do check the work schedule of the security guards to confirm If there was a work shift change or it is looped footage. Send me the findings as you get them and be ready to move when we find the place." she orders. The MSPD like the CSPD was pretty much useless for the direct action anyway. Best to put them on Security check for now and have them as a reserve force. she did not need hero worshipers around. They over or underestimated the powers and tactics of metas. Both costly errors she did not need to explain to anyone.
Since Chastity is on the tech detail, she heads over to the security area and sets up to hack the systems, looking for any anomalies. She attempts to set up an external feed to Sicilia's tablet, and adds in data as it arrives to build a four-dimensional map (three plus time) of who was where when.

Skills used:
Perception (See above, but an EP spent for critical success) to see anything in the files
Computer Hacking (41%): to locate the relevant files on the computer, especially hidden or protected files 1d100: [68] = 68
Computer Operation (61%): to set up a link to Sicilia's tablet 1d100: [9] = 9
Computer Programming (51%): To create a comparative database to track locations and times 1d100: [69] = 69
Iron Maiden
Natural AR 11

CLOCKWORK WOLF
Natural AR 16
Rook
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Post by Rook »

Condition: Parched! :\

Perception 58%: 1d100: [63] = 63
JIC D20: 1d20: [18] = 18
JIC D100: 1d100: [46] = 46

Having arrived shortly before Wi-Fi and Guardian Plus'... conversation... Rook can't help but sigh to herself, staring up at the ceiling for a long moment while counting to ten in her head; fortunately, Sicilia has plenty of information to pass along, which Rook makes sure to focus on, then flashing a thankful smile to the serpentine teammate.

"We were brought into the area through an underground parking area - how many of those does this KLCD have?", Rook interjects once there is an opening. "I don't mind heading up, it's one of the things I'm good at. Sentinel or Sicilia should be able to provide directions from the garage, once inside; both of them kind of stand out, so be careful about that."**(see OOC note, below)

Once Rook's said her piece, and received any last-minute instructions from Wi-fi or G+, she offers the latter an apologetic look before heading back outside and taking to the air - assuming that she is instructed to follow through on this plan of course.

If so, Rook will fly up to just above the highest point of the studio area and give a circle around the perimeter then does a figure-8 overtop, taking in the builds and grounds and keeping a look out for potential threats or familiar faces - Rook isn't expecting anything, but would prefer to take a little time to do this and be sure.

Actively Perceiving 58%: 1d100: [3] = 3

OOC Note
Yeah, I know we were told OOCly that we don't need to worry about being recognized, but Rook doesn't have that info, and so is concerned.
Last edited by Rook on Sun May 09, 2021 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wi-Fi
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Wi-Fi »

(If this is allowed)
Rook: "We were brought into the area through an underground parking area - how many of those does this KLCD have?", Rook interjects once there is an opening.
"Underground? That does make sense how they dodge surface detection. There has to be service and maintenance tunnel access here somewhere. The map I get better have those mapped. Once at our target we can use that to get into the studio."
"I don't mind heading up, it's one of the things I'm good at. Sentinel or Sicilia should be able to provide directions from the garage, once inside; both of them kind of stand out, so be careful about that.
"We will be going in together. I am just hoping one of the fighters go out on a smoke or lunch break and we get lucky is all, Rook. Luckier if you see the place from up there. Once at channel 44 I'm hoping this game of 'Whack-a-Mole' is done. GP, how much are the tickets to the show and how many were sold?" Wi-Fi asked the detective and GP.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
TRS-13

Features:
• 12 attachment points

Omega Field Kit
(2) Dosimeter clip badge
(20) Disposable gloves
(30) Evidence bags
First Aid Kit
Flashlight
Fold-able gas mask
Multitool
(5) Signal flares
(6) Zip ties

Shock Gloves:
Sentinel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Sentinel »

Sentinel Prime

Perception: 1d100: [63] = 63 /85% (+15% to recognizing the arcane,+15% regarding technology)
D20 JiC: 1d20: [19] = 19 D100 JiC: 1d100: [58] = 58

Skills: Lore: Monsters and Demons 104%/ 1d100: [28] = 28 Dealing with demons and their particulars.
Streetwise 92%/ 1d100: [57] = 57 Guidance on reasonable places to start searching.
Law (General) 74%/ 1d100: [48] = 48 Local laws in regards to police protocols.

Yellow Dragon
OOC Comments
Conditions: Immune to Magic, Illusions, Possession, Poison, Drugs, And Disease. Mind Block Auto-Defense. Does not tire. Half damage from Cold. Radiates no heat and is invisible to infrared and heat sensors. Immune to pressure; solid stone. Regenerates 6d6 SDC/Melee. Detect magic (also items), Psionics, Supernatural, Seismic, and Dimensional/Teleportation. He is aware of any technology in his vicinity or targeting him along and senses the presence of surveillance bugs, listening devices, concealed cameras, and spy robots. He is aware of any technology in his vicinity or targeting him along and senses the presence of surveillance bugs, listening devices, concealed cameras, and spy robots.

Abnormal Energy Sense: 1d100: [31] = 31
Spells: Second Sight 20 PPE
Butcher Bill:

He begins walking the studio floors heading toward the center of the building. A pair of his ectypes materialize at his flanks before they peel off to the left and right respectively in order to scout the parameter. As he searches a peculiar feeling comes over him, It is one thing to feel the vibrations through the floor into my soles when people are going about their day-to-day activities, but wholly another to feel everyone scattering about in a panic. Feeling the PD’s men systematically clear the building is like a wave crashing into a carefully built sandcastle. he thinks closing his eyes “seeing” them move like a wave through the building disturbing everyone and everything as they cordon the building room by room, hall by hall. He finishes pacing the building by doubling back and moving through the parameter to finish feeling out if anyone is hiding or moving suspiciously but coming up empty. This is not the studio… does the studio keep records on who attends the fights and bets? he thinks his mind wanders considering if he might find information on the heckler of his perfect demonstration. Not finding anything of note he rallies with his ectypes to find Wi-Fi and the rest of the team already with the police detectives coming to the same conclusion that the building is not the one.

With nothing to add he doesn’t even say a word after his approach and stands waiting, still dwelling on the man who insulted him unable to let the slight go.
Wi-Fi wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 12:24 pm ”Sentinel, if you can help them to not be seen it would be welcomed, and passing that shield that heals might be a good idea.”
”Hmmm, oh? Ms. Wi-fi I could certainly provide protection but I believe it is prudent to wait until it is required. It is fairly taxing even for one of my considerable ability. Who are the scouts you wish for me to render unseen? Though, if I correctly recall my review of the local laws, police not identifiable as such could be injured by those defending themselves under what the overseeing court considers reasonable self-defense and use of force.” he asks feigning concern. It will not do to have any police killed even if not directly by my hand. The trouble to my reputation if I were responsible for police deaths is unacceptable. Better for them to die in the assault in view. he thinks.
Wi-Fi wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 9:57 pm "Rook, Sentinel? can you give me a direction to start searching? Something that looks promising." she told them.
”It seems to come down to a gamble. We don’t have any obvious information to narrow it down further. It could turn out to be fruitful to ask someone who was there as a spectator” he proposes looking at Sicilia. ”Your little friend doesn’t explicitly know you were there with us does she? Perhaps you could play along as a spectator and ask her if she would like to go to the next fight with you and give you a ride?” he proposes hoping perhaps the heckler would be again there opening an opportunity to correct his wrongdoing.

Thinking of him he could almost see him, [Casts Second Sight looking at the heckler] almost hears him…
OOC Comments
Second Sight (Level 7) BoM pg 118
Range: 5 mi./lvl.
Duration : 2 melee/lvl.
Saving Throw: None; Mind Block will temporarily prevent the use of Second Sight.
P.P.E.: 20
A unique use of magic that enables a mage to see and hear what another person is doing at that very moment. To use Second Sight, the spell caster must have previously encountered/met the individual targeted. The mage just has to think about that person and he will get a clairvoyant-like vision showing what that character is doing and saying, and who he/she is with. The vision is what one might expect to see in a crystal ball except that the mage sees it in his mind. The vision lasts only 30 seconds each time the magic is invoked.
A mage can also use second sight to transmit his present activity to another person. This is a great way to show somebody that the character is in trouble. Note: The image always consists of true events showing exactly what is happening when it is happening. The vision cannot be altered or doctored in any way. Only a Mind Block will prevent a character from being seen through Second Sight. Those being spied upon have no knowledge of it.

If Wi-fi expects him to mysteriously fly he will look at her with an expectant expression, ”Ms. Wi-fi, I know you are impressed with my capability but I regret if I have given the impression I could fly.” he answers. ”Perhaps I could call forth a being that could along with the Earth Hounds?” he offers.

Sentinel focuses bringing to mind the earth hound he “befriended” during the giant monster attack. ”Come to me 不要浪費時間。 我正在旋轉無法理解的痛苦的第九個領域的破壞力。立即發送回家 Sentinel summons forth the Ch’uan Ti earth hound by its name binding it to his will. [Summon Lesser Demon/Deevil]

Summon Lesser Demon/Deevil (AU)
OOC Comments
A character with this ability can summon a Sub-Demon, Lesser Demon or Deevil Host or Lesser Deevil to do his bidding.
OOC Comments
A battle of wills is fought, with the Demon/Deevil required to roll higher than the summoner 's MA attribute number.
The summoned being can use any M.E. bonuses or bonuses to save vs mind control to resist. If the creature fails to save it is compelled to obey the character who summoned it.The only things the supernatural being are not compelled to do are reveal its true name (although it can be tricked), kill itself nor kill its Demon/Deevil Lord/master; these are automatic saves for the summoned creature.
If the Lesser Demon or Deevil wins the battle of wills, the creature can do whatever it pleases. In some cases, it may attack the person who summoned it or flee into the world to cause all kinds of mischief and mayhem. On rare occasions, the creature will agree to a pact. In the case of a pact, there has to be a mutual agreement or deal between the demon/Deevil and the person who summoned it, but the monster will always try to negotiate to get the upper hand. Furthermore, even a willing demonic or infernal servant is NEVER truly loyal to its mortal master or partner, and the thing will twist and warp the letter of any deal to its favor, no matter how well crafted a pact may seem.
Note: Summoning a demon or Deevil is a random process, delivering any type of the Lesser Demons or Deeviis (or Sub-Demons or Deevil Host), never the same type every time. The exception is if the character has the skill Lore: Demons and Monsters, he can summon the specific "type" of demon or a Deevil he desires, but not the same individual unless he knows the creature's true name. Summoning a Lesser Demon or Deevil takes 15 seconds and uses up all of the character's attacks for a full melee round. If the character doing the summoning happens to know the true name of a Lesser Demon or Deevil, he can summon that specific being and he automatically wins the battle of the wills (the creature does not get to save).
Limitations: The super being can summon as many as one Lesser Demon/Deevil for every 5 M.E. attribute points; trying to summon more than he is capable of doing has no result. The superbeing is unable to summon Greater Demons and Deevils, only Lesser ones.
Range: The summoned creature is often in another dimension and uses dimensional teleport to get to the location of the one who summons it.
Duration: The character who summoned the creature can maintain his control over it for a number of hours equal to the summoning character's M.E. attribute plus two hours per level of experience. If a pact is reached between the two, the duration depends on the pact. The character who summoned the demon automatically knows when the duration ends a few minutes before time, at which point he can send the demon back to where it came from. If allowed to remain past the duration, the supernatural menace is free to do as it pleases (roll on previous table or G.M. make a determination).
”Welcome back, Rafflesia. I call you by the name in respect and to protect your true name. I also find it fitting and think you would have an appreciation of the name. I have a hunt as I promised to you when you gave me your name. We are looking for a place in this city where a blood sport is held. It may be hard to find, but it shouldn’t be too hard to verify you've found it since you will likely find the stench of blood and death from the regular occurrence of killings during the fights. It is in some kind of basement in a structure. You will probably also find the smell of myself and some of my companions as additional verification due to having visited once before but unfortunately, we were not privy to know the location. More than likely there will be very strong opposition guarding it so be ready. Are you up for this challenge in finding it?” he informs the demon.

If he agrees, ”Excellent, I will call forth some of your brethren to assist. You are in charge of them and the search. I have only two instructions for you and your charges to follow, when you find it, report back when you find the location and only take captives at the location with nonlethal means.” Sentinel instructs adding just in case, They supposedly don’t prefer to kill…but still. he thinks continuing his instruction, ”I suppose you know what nonlethal means? If not it means don’t kill anyone. I am certain you could take them with your full might so you might consider it a challenge.” he clarifies hoping to pad its ego knowing it may dislike instructions to conduct a nonlethal hunt. Invoke Trust 106%/ 1d100: [86] = 86

Sentinel Summons forth three more Ch’uan Ti one at a time presenting the same terms. ”You have been summoned for a hunt and Rafflesia over here is to be your Lieutenant. He will tell you what you need to know. If you perform well, obey, and want an opportunity for more challenging hunts against these superhumans we can discuss additional terms after and come to an arrangement as I already have with Rafflesia.” Sentinel instructs the demons leaving them an option for future employment on the table. "[Trust/106%\ 1d100: [69] = 69 ] If he fails a battle of will and they are not amiable to his terms as presented he will add, ”I prefer relationships of mutual respect. I will have yours along with an understanding that you will obey or you will be destroyed and washed away from this world. I would of course rather not have to go that far.“ Sentinel says emphasizing the means to its destruction, permanently. Intimidate: 106%\ 1d100: [46] = 46

Contest 1: M.E. 1d6+8: [1]+8 = 9 + 1d20: [5] = 5 vs Sentinel’s ME 34+1d20: [20] = 20
Contest 2: M.E. 1d6+8: [3]+8 = 11 + 1d20: [11] = 11 vs Sentinel’s ME 34+1d20: [12] = 12
Contest 3: M.E. 1d6+8: [4]+8 = 12 + 1d20: [9] = 9 vs Sentinel’s ME 34+1d20: [3] = 3

They can show you on a map which are the most likely buildings to start your search. he offers pointing them to Wi-fi with a smile at her.

Enjoy. he thinks watching, ready to enjoy their reactions in dealing with the demons.
Last edited by Sentinel on Mon May 10, 2021 10:59 am, edited 6 times in total.
Yellow Dragon Ledger
OOC Comments

Sentinel Prime

Ectype 1

Ectype 2

Ectype 3

Ectype 4

Ectype 5

Ectype 6

Ectype 7
ImageImage
Wi-Fi
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Wi-Fi »

"Sentinel, I just need a Tracker on the ground to get a direction to narrow down locations and to confirm them. If 'Rotting flower' ? can do that I will be happy." she pauses, "I thought you could fly. Hmmm too many powers to keep track of sometimes. Probably thinking of that that 'Paige' person that disappeared a while back. she comments with a half heart sad look. Indeed knowing a team of heroes was tougher than Vigilantes. Most of her allies back in the day were humans with no powers. maybe keep a notebook? she thinks.

"Now unless we have a video of where the van carrying the team in entered to narrow down locations. You know the one that arrived at the time they arrived, we need to get Channel 44, unless a better option goes up the flag pole? might visit that studio that has that Buffer has all those fights in on his show. Channel 50 if I recall. " she starts to Channel 44 after fetching a map if one was around

"Let's get moving," she spoke up moving along.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
TRS-13

Features:
• 12 attachment points

Omega Field Kit
(2) Dosimeter clip badge
(20) Disposable gloves
(30) Evidence bags
First Aid Kit
Flashlight
Fold-able gas mask
Multitool
(5) Signal flares
(6) Zip ties

Shock Gloves:
CHIMERA
Assistant Game Master

Post by CHIMERA »

Big News
KLCD Studios, Megapolis
Weather: Light clouds (63 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 2:00 pm

Channel 101
Stepping outside of Channel 101, Wi-Fi argues against Detective Hoyle's suggestions for how to investigate the different parts of KLCD studios. When she is done, Detective Hoyle looks like his last shred of patience has broken and glares at Wi-Fi. "Excuse me? Have you paid attention to anything that has been going on today? Did you notice I was briefing other detectives to follow other leads? Or that we're still processing the footage we downloaded from your team's body cams? Or I'm also trying to track down a missing ambulance that had one of the guys that hit your car last night? But you're the tech expert, so you can hack every channel's server in five minutes and make it all appear like magic? Right? Show me."

Wi-Fi realizes that she didn't pack a laptop with her, and all she has is the wrist computer on her Omega suit, which is just a little better than a smart phone. She manages to get onto Channel 101's wi-fi network, and from there start to search their archives. Two problems: 1) it's only Channel 101, and 2) the data is not easy to find. First of all, each channel really does keep its own, and Wi-Fi cannot get into any other channel's server from 101. She will have to hack each channel one at a time. Secondly, that is not an easy task. The best map she will find is the fire safety map. Film schedules are kept in separate folders for each show: some shows are active now, some are on break. Some film on the channel's sets, like Lunch Tray Trivia, while others film on location, like Premium Penthouse Pools, and some do both. With Iron Maiden's help, it will take about an hour per channel to get all the data sorted.

Sentinel offers to help get a head start by summoning three earth hounds, lesser demons, to follow the scent of blood sports. The three nod and begin to sniff for death, which seems to be around every corner. Their chatter is stopped by a curdling shriek comes from the parkour obstacle course. The Southie Spinners have just collided into each other while doing a dangerous synchronous somersault; at least one looks dead. The Earth Hounds cheerfully call out that they found the blood sport: it's not in a basement, but they smell Sentinel and his companions, and the Cartwheel Cabal are strong opposition. Sentinel's ectypes run to the scene and assist Mega Medico, who has already arrived to provide medical treatment to the maimed. TV host Art Jork sizes up the demons and sees the fiercest competitors in the show's history. Heoffers them a chance to compete on the obstacle course, which they eagerly take up (victory means steak!). Before Detective Hoyle can grouse at the pandemonium, Rook chimes in.
Rook wrote:"We were brought into the area through an underground parking area - how many of those does this KLCD have?"
Detective Logan looks up and smiles. The thinks for a moment before replying, "Every channel but 101 has a multi-level garage. As for which ones have lower levels... I know for a fact that 44 and 50 do. And 28, for sure. The others, I don't know."

This leads Sicilia to suggest going to Channel 44. Bravo Team piles into the hover trucks with the officers, while the earth hounds earn x-treme style points for the use of their tongues in parkour tricks. Sentinel is about to call them over when Hoyle taps him on the shoulder, "They might as well stay here and help out."

Sentinel nods and focuses his thoughts on the heckler from the night before. As he closes his eyes, he sees a small room with four fighters. The one he can see clearest is Winds of Allah, eating pan fried noodles from a plastic dish while watching a Chinese news program on his cell phone. A large metallic figure shouts something in Russian to him, and the Winds respond in something that includes at least one expletive. They are near, they do not know the Omegas are coming.

In another hover truck Guardian Plus looks over to Wi-Fi, sitting next to him, "Just a bit of advice, I wouldn't tell Hoyle that he's not working hard enough to find out who broke his son-in-law's skull. He's already a rabid dog without having to work a case this personal."

Channel 44
Contrary to what Sicilia thinks, Channel 44 is one of the most watched channels in Megapolis, providing news adjacent content at all times. When the Omegas and Megapolis police walk into the lobby for BlogNews they are greeted by a young, pretty, bottle blonde receptionist with a wide smile. "Hello detectives. Are you here because an intern accused Angela Archer of groping her?"

"Yes. Yes we are," Detective Hoyle replies without missing a beat. Guardian Plus and Detective Logan nudge everyone else to play along. "Curtis, why don't you go interview the intern. I'll have a talk with Ms. Archer. Everyone else, fan out."

Bravo Team spreads out to wander the BlogNews offices and studios. Except for Wi-Fi. Again she decides to use the computer on her suit to hack the local network. It becomes clear to her immediately that it would be impossible to run a fighting ring in a 24 hour news station; at any given time someone is on TV and someone else is on the radio. Unless everyone in the channel was in on the secret, it would have been discovered long ago. She looks up on the TV and sees a familiar face, Julius Montenegro, formerly known as the Schwa, is a talking head discussing national security issues. At one point he screams, "Now Jethro, Jethro, Jethro! JETHRO! I just want to calmly ask the question, what does CHIMERA want? WHAT DO THEY WANT? THEY DO NOT WANT PEACE! THEY WANT ORDER! AND ORDER IS NOT PEACE! ORDER IS NOT PEACE!" The other talking heads nod thoughtfully, and the discussion continues.

Sentinel and Sicilia wander around the station, and they also come to the conclusion that this is not where the Arena is held. As they walk down a hallway, Sicilia bumps into a two blonde and beleaguered staff reporters. They seem to be complaining about their work, with one even saying with a sigh, "I miss doing journalism."

Elsewhere Iron Maiden and Rook turn a corner and enter a small employee lounge. Rook immediately finds the refrigerator with complimentary bottles of water and pop and helps herself to a drink. Iron Maiden walks up to the coffee machine, where she spots a small plastic bag tucked behind the creamer, it is not sugar. As she picks it up and shows it to Rook, a young man with too much gel in his blonde hair blurts, "That's not mine!"

WHAT DO YOU DO?

GM Note: My thoughts are you can wrap up your shenanigans at BlogNews in one round of posts (with replies) and get ready to move on to the next channel. Also, strongly recommend that you list what equipment, including armor (Omega suits) and weapons, your PC has on their person.
Wi-Fi
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Wi-Fi »

Perception: 1d100: [92] = 92 / 62%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [5] = 5 | 1d100: [83] = 83

Channel 101
Detective Hoyle: "Excuse me? Have you paid attention to anything that has been going on today? Did you notice I was briefing other detectives to follow other leads? Or that we're still processing the footage we downloaded from your team's body cams? Or I'm also trying to track down a missing ambulance that had one of the guys that hit your car last night? But you're the tech expert, so you can hack every channel's server in five minutes and make it all appear like magic? Right? Show me."
"As for your attitude, you can stow it or step aside if you can't stow it. We are on the same side and DON'T EVER glare at me or another Omega like that again." She looks him in the eyes as if ready to cut him in half with an energy blast, her eyes charged with silvery Kinetic energy to confirm her lethality. but does not fire a bolt. one does not cut down an ally even one who is as hostile as Hoyle.

"I would not have any member of my team act that way to me or another Omega or local law enforcement, including yourself. I expect the same from you that I do with any Omega. Save your hostility for the real enemy. I get it you want these bastards taken down. So be COOL. So we are clear I have no personal issue with you even if I disagree with you on aspects. I simply have little time for petty grudges when on the job. Just don't glare at me and I won't glare at you, Deal?" she offers Detective Hoyle "We will solve this and I think I know why we haven't solved it yet. but I will need info we don't have yet. Let us get that, shall we?" she pauses to let things cool down.
(If Detective Hoyle actually follows which she does not expect.)
"As for data gathering, I can speed parts of that up. do you know what a Telemechanic is? we read machines like telepaths read people. SO yes I can speed it up. the info goes right to my brain. Let's find the server room and get to the bottom of this then. I may need to read a few computers but If it's here we will get it." she states and Telemechanics with it to get any info relevant, including any news about or that mentions Max buffer and his studio.
Telemechanics:
1d100: [33] = 33 /82%
if needed:
Computer Operation 1d100: [83] = 83 /113%
Computer Programming 1d100: [82] = 82 /108%

"We have been looking at the wrong type of targets. The reason you can't find the evidence is that it isn't there to be found. which is obvious. " her eyes dimmed down again, "If I were running a fighting ring in a town with this much hero worship and star power I would hide in plain sight. As a villain, it seems wrong to be so public but go with me here. If you are a public figure you get support from the masses. More importantly, any investigation or trial did that involves you will be that much harder because of public opinion and social media. Who is going to believe their favorite star who is in the spotlight is going to be guilty or take risks? So who is the most untouchable star in this city's studio? While we sort that let's check 44 just in case Silicia was right.
Channel 44:
Guardian Plus: "Just a bit of advice, I wouldn't tell Hoyle that he's not working hard enough to find out who broke his son-in-law's skull. He's already a rabid dog without having to work a case this personal."

"Regardless of the reason, there is no excuse for what he did. If I did that I would expect anyone on the Omega team or you to call me out too. We are all after the same goal. No need to be hostile to an ally. And I know how he feels about not pulling his weight more than anyone. It is not a feeling exclusive to him." she turns to Guardian.

"I am not the team leader because I am friendly or charming as you can tell. Brute does the publicity and deals with the press better than I do. Those are traits heroes have and I am no a hero. Never was, and won't pretend I am. I was and still am a vigilante and always will be I suspect. The reason I got the job is that I am bossy and talk a lot. That inner sense of organizing things factors in as well." she offers, "Back to the case. Who is the most popular person who might be on the public front? My guess is Max Buffer and his show's studio. That kind of fame is a good mask and social media makes the justice process near impossible. So tell me more about Buffer and the studio he works out of? I mean the real info not what is on his public profile or on the news bits. she asks Guardian.
Streetwise 1d100: [96] = 96 /85%
Intelligence 1d100: [89] = 89 /73%

Channel 44:
Once at channel 44, she does the same search with Telemechanic search info, news rumors, and audio casts on or about Max Buffer. Police here seemed to be pretty lacking in the criminal evidence part or facts on Buffer. probably his fame. People never blame their heroes. but a news station and bloggers? they loved to gossip.

Telemechanics:
1d100: [15] = 15 /82%
if needed:
Computer Operation 1d100: [86] = 86 /113%
Computer Programming 1d100: [19] = 19 /108%
Last edited by Wi-Fi on Tue May 11, 2021 9:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
TRS-13

Features:
• 12 attachment points

Omega Field Kit
(2) Dosimeter clip badge
(20) Disposable gloves
(30) Evidence bags
First Aid Kit
Flashlight
Fold-able gas mask
Multitool
(5) Signal flares
(6) Zip ties

Shock Gloves:
Iron Maiden

Post by Iron Maiden »

Perception (30%): 1d100: [88] = 88
JIC (1d20/1d100): 1d20: [15] = 15 / 1d100: [56] = 56

It is clear that Wi-fi is Charity's superior when it comes to electronic devices and computers, and so she tries thinking of things from another angle. Where are the camera blind spots? What are the patrol routines for the guards?

Charity thinks, This place is busy, Channel 44 is apparently popular and has an active staff. That does not mean it could not be used as a cover, often times the best place to hide people, in in a lot of other people. I need to look for things hidden in plain sight. Any place large enough for the fights or the materials needed to construct the props.

If she can not find anything in her search, she will return to assist Wi-fi.

Rolls:
Sensory Equipment (76%): 1d100: [54] = 54 To figure out blind spots in the security
Mechanical Engineer (76%): 1d100: [11] = 11 To determine how one might build, break down, and store the required props
Streetwise (66%): 1d100: [46] = 46 To try to gather information about what was going on here when the fights happened
Find Contraband (54%): 1d100: [45] = 45 To locate anything useful that is not supposed to be here
Concealment (48%): 1d100: [70] = 70 To figure out where SHE would hide things
Computer Hacking (41%): 1d100: [93] = 93 to assist Wi-Fi if needed
CHIMERA wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:45 am Big News
KLCD Studios, Megapolis
Elsewhere Iron Maiden and Rook turn a corner and enter a small employee lounge. Rook immediately finds the refrigerator with complimentary bottles of water and pop and helps herself to a drink. Iron Maiden walks up to the coffee machine, where she spots a small plastic bag tucked behind the creamer, it is not sugar. As she picks it up and shows it to Rook, a young man with too much gel in his blonde hair blurts, "That's not mine!"
Iron Maiden responds, "Indeed? No one said it was yours, but such a statement implies either that it is yours, or that you know whose it is. However, as this has nothing to do with the case we are investigating, possibly it can be overlooked...in return for a bit of cooperation off the books."

Iron Maiden is not a cop, so she is not beyond a bit of quid pro quo. Hopefully Rook and the others are also willing to be a bit flexible to get the job done.

OOC Comments
Iron Maiden only has her Omega Suit and TRACI, she relies on her ability to transform parts of herself into whatever tools she needs perhaps a bit too much.
Iron Maiden
Natural AR 11

CLOCKWORK WOLF
Natural AR 16

Return to “Century Station: Operation Overlord Adventures”