Omega Base: Started From The Bottom

In Century Station Operation Overlord has begun, villains beware!

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Tom Cassidy

Re: Omega Base: Started From The Bottom

Post by Tom Cassidy »

((Rolls still held over))
Wi-Fi wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:17 am"I missed it too. But with the negative buzz lately, I have been a little cranky. Didn't feel like pulling their brains out through their backsides. that tends to leave a bad impression." the woman says with a nod, "Frog? sounds like a Vampire hunter name. He also owns a Comic book shop?" she askes.
"Yeah, I could where that generally would..." Tom shrugs. Note to self -- don't ever royally cheese her off. Like ever. "And yeah, it does sound that way. But we've got a tree-inhabiting nature spirit, a snake with journalistic tendencies, and a mirror universe ex-Omega all on the premises. Dude wants to call himself Virginia Woolf, it's still the least whiskey tango foxtrot thing we'll see today."
Wi-Fi wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:17 am"Yup, the city is seething mass of psychic energy. we don't have to cut off heads but that is not a bad idea. the rush happens as the negative energy gets removed and most psychics notice it. Most smart Psychics move before they reach that 'threshold' as we call it. It is why those of us who stay are a stubborn lot usually and do not move out of town. After a certain point, it is like an addiction. and me being in this city since 12..well I am permanent fixture." she shrugs.
Tom nods. "I'll take your word for it. Our psychics weren't in this neck of the woods while I was with the SLJ -- or at least I wasn't here with them -- and the only others I've known besides you two are in another dimension. But just for the record, I'm totally not in favor of the head-slicing thing as a matter of general principle."
Wi-Fi wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:17 am"Clint, how heavy is an arming sword or two-handed sword?" she smirks at him with a joking evil grin.
Brute wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:26 amBrute spares a glance at his massive arms. "How heavy? Not very." He chuckles.
Tom grins as he throws up his hands in a 'don't look at me' gesture. "Totally her idea, chief."
Diomedes

Post by Diomedes »

Perception: 1d100: [38] = 38 vs 32% +30% vs Vampires/Undead, +20% Demons/Monsters
JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19 , 1d100: [50] = 50

• Natural AR: 13
  • H.P..: 249/249
  • S.D.C.: 107/107
  • P.P.E.: 270/270
  • Spd: 75'/action

Three Eyes | 50 min | Night vision 1200', See the Invisible, See Aura | +1 Initiative/Strike

Vampire Hunting Abilities
  • Bonuses when fighting Vampires: +15% Perception vs Undead, +2 Initiative, +1 Strike/Parry/Dodge, +2 Strike Impale/Stake the heart, +2 vs Insanity +3 vs HF (Vampires, Protectors and summoned animals) +1 Possession
  • Gut Feelings, Hunches and Realizations Involving Vampires
  • Bad Feeling that something is not right: 55% (+5%) - On success +1 Initiative and +5% Perception
  • Feeling that vampires are around or exerting control and influence over a community--72% (+3%)
  • Finding and recognizing evidence of the undead's presence or involvement--72% (+3%)
  • Hunch that someone is a vampire servant, henchman or assassin--60% (+5%)
  • Recognize Vampire Mind Slave--72% (+3%)
  • Recognize Wild Vampire--96% (+3%)
  • Recognize Secondary Vampire--72% (+3%)
  • Recognize Master Vampire--62% (+3%)
  • Guess Vampire's lair based on knowledge of undead and reports of vampire's activities and other evidence--32% (+3%)
  • Find actual lair or coffin at suspected location--57% (+3%)
  • Lore: Vampires 82% (+3%)
  • Vampire Combat: Knows all vampire weakness, vulnerabilities, tactics, methods of attack, defenses, etc.
    • Resistance vs Vampire Seduction: +3 vs Pheromone-based trance (+1 @ 7, 11, 15)
      Resistance vs Vampire Mind Control: +1
      Resistance vs Vampire Hypnotic Suggestion: +2
  • Sense Vampires: Automatic 600', cannot pinpoint location
  • Command Trust and Leadership
  • Calm and direct civilians: 50/level
  • Settle nerves of a small squad fighting force: 10+1d6/level. On success all non-Undead Slayers receive +1 Initiative, +1 Horror Factor if Undead Slayer within 250'
Peeling Ms Hernandez off of him was almost as difficult as washing honey off ones hands, but eventually he is able to pull away. When the discussion turns to what he can do he says, "I am not from this land, where I am from monsters abound. I've been trained as a youth to primary destroy the undead." He looks over towards Maia, a bit of sadness on his face about her hostility. He sighs, "My people, my ancestors were very advanced compared to this place, this time. While, they were explorers, not conquerors; we were not a humble people."

"If Shrub, is my Shrub, and her memories of my people are actually of my people, long ago, we connected this world to multiple different dimensions simultaneously. Tearing the fabric of reality." Seeing possible confusion about who Shrub is, he adds, "I mean Maia. We closed it after great loss of life, and the continent of Atlantis was torn from the world. It also drained most of mana of the world. The silver lining of this is that Earth has become a cosmic backwater, and not interesting to most supernatural creatures. It appears to have allowed humans to prosper." If this Earth is from my past, then this world will be plunged into a darkness that will make the sinking of Atlantis trivial.
Tom Cassidy wrote:When Diomedes shows up, he'll walk out with Brute and listens in to the conversation. When it's his turn he'll reach out his hand as well. "Hiya, Mister... Frog, is it? The name's Tom, but out in the field I'm called Barricade. I don't turn into a big red claw monster myself; I just create force fields and constructs."
Not having seen anyone look like a big red claw monster yet, Diomedes looks around, but after having seen Chastity's transformation, he believes Tom, shaking his hand, "Yes, I am to be called Edgar Frog. According to Chastity, even though it's not my real name, it's not a code name either. I do not know what my code name should be." It is not like anyone knows me here, perhaps using my actual name, Diomedes, is best. It's not like I will fool anyone that I am anyone else. Perhaps someone will suggest something. He looks around, "Who turns into a big red monster?" The auras of almost everyone in the room show abnormalities beyond the typical psionic or magical aptitude he's most familiar with. He looks at Tom's arm, and gestures towards it, "That injury. You must have a tale to go along with it. How did you get hurt?"

When the alarm goes off, Diomedes sees Clint transform into Brute. Ah the big red claw monster. He's living in the moment and just accepts the chaos. He gets up and follows everyone to see the commotion, ready for a fight, but not looking for one.
Tom Cassidy wrote:"Sounds like a job for Amanda as well," Tom nods. "She did mention keeping up with local gossip. So we've got Sentinel, Matthew, and..." he looks around for Diomedes. "Frog? Are you ((OOC: "is he" if he's not there)) a spellcaster as well? I missed the 'get-to-know-me' part of the tour earlier." He's the most beefed-up spellcaster I've ever seen if he is, that's for sure...
Diomedes looks down at Tom and laughs, "Me? A mage? I work for a living. When you are in a dank tomb and evil is all around you, there is no time for finger wiggling and mouth mumbling." He shows Tom his Marks of Heritages on his wrists, "These tattoos however are magical, and with them I am able to get the job done."
Diomedes, EP Record

M.D.C.: 275
Sense Vampires: 600'
Crucible

Post by Crucible »

Perception Bonus: 34%/59% to recognise the arcane 1d100: [17] = 17
jic 1d100: [34] = 34 1d20: [11] = 11

Another alarm? Are we going to end up in a fight every time we have a meeting because that's going to get tedious

He lets Brute lead as the alarm goes off, readying a defensive spell just in case. As Brute recognises the person and doesn't try to attack him, Matthew stands down. Well, the strange seems to be very common round here, as in daily. he muses as Lenok reintroduces himself. He scans the new arrival with See Aura and feels for anything supernaturally evil and if convinced that there isn't something wrong with him, will leave him to Brute and Wi-Fi. If they need my assistance, they will ask. Not like Brute is in any rush to talk to me. Maybe I should start with our investigative journalist, see what aid she can offer.

He walks over to the two lawyers, who are likely to be developing headaches right about now.

"So how much legal precedence is there for an alternate reality version of somebody who is dead?" he asks nonchalantly, mostly to see their reaction.

He wanders off for a moment into the kitchen and returns with some freshly made popcorn. He looks around for the giant snake as they should be fairly obvious even amongst the crowd of heroes.

Sicilia isn't it? My apologies if I've gotten your name wrong. We didn't get a proper chance to be introduced before splitting into two teams." he offers some popcorn, knowing exactly who they are. His unit had interests in Sicily and Matthew had seen Sicilia before, having been tasked with doing a scan of her fairly early in his career. They had always wondered if whatever caused her mutation had something magical in nature as its cause but Matthew was unaware of any further information on the subject.
http://explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewto ... 64&t=17657

[ooc]PPE: 706
HP: 46
SDC: 71
Sex: Male
Height: 6 ft 3
Weight: 210lbs
Description: Tall, well built, muscular, with long flowing robes that cover his body. In civilian clothes, wavy brown hair cut military short, wears large shades to cover his left eye, with slightly weathered skin. Average looking with a strange false left eye. often seen carrying a book of various different subjects.

Eye of Odin
20/20 vision, Nightvision (600', constant, no cost)), See Aura (constant, no cost), See the Invisible (constant, no cost)[/ooc]
Tom Cassidy

Post by Tom Cassidy »

((You guessed it... rolls are still held over))
Diomedes wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:08 am"Yes, I am to be called Edgar Frog. According to Chastity, even though it's not my real name, it's not a code name either. I do not know what my code name should be. Who turns into a big red monster?"
An alias, huh? Sounds like another 'international man of mystery' here. "That'd be Clint -- or Brute, on the subject of code names." He nods in Brute's direction. "As for yours, that'd largely be what you think would be most appropriate based on your abilities. Mine's Barricade because I put up force fields. Clint's is Brute because of the 'big monster' deal. He could probably help you figure that out as he's sort of a superhero groupie; he even recognized me from my old group almost a decade ago." If he doesn't name himself 'Brawn' or 'Beefcake' he's totally missing a grand opportunity... he adds silently.
Diomedes wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:08 am"That injury. You must have a tale to go along with it. How did you get hurt?"
"Oh, this? Got it broke day before yesterday while fighting bodysnatching alien predators -- Riathenors, I think they're called -- down in the sewers. Matthew and Maia cast some healing spells on it and it seems to be healing up nicely."
Diomedes wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:08 am"Me? A mage? I work for a living. When you are in a dank tomb and evil is all around you, there is no time for finger wiggling and mouth mumbling." He shows Tom his Marks of Heritages on his wrists, "These tattoos however are magical, and with them I am able to get the job done."
Tom chuckles as well. "Sounds like you need a code name like 'Paladin' with comments like that..." he looks down at Diomedes' Marks of Heritage. "Magical tattoos, you say? That sounds vaguely familiar. But where have I heard of--CELES!!!!!" His eyes grow wide and the smile evaporates from his face.

He takes a few quick steps back and manifests both his energy shield and whip. "The last person I knew with magical tats was a slave who had got hers from her Splugorth masters..." he says in a voice as much a growl as anything else. "So let me make this very clear, 'Mister Frog...' if you're working for, or with, the Splugorth -- especially those floating Slaver nightmares and their bathing beauty bimbos -- you and I are definitely not going to get along. Understand?"
Lenok
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Lenok »

Waiting to see from the Doctor if his vitals match this worlds Lenok, and watching the menagerie of people, and animals, coming and going and a bit lost in the confusion. When he see's the snake, he notes to himself, that this might be this world's Mason. When he see's the Atlanteans Tattoo's, he tilt's his head slightly and narrows his eyes on him.

Starts looking at his wrist for a clan tattoo while a small internal monolog occurs. ~I hope he is actually a Atlantean and not a splugorth slave or spy. Though that might make more sense on where and how these monsters got here, I remember the Alien twins talking about them being chased by someone here, I wonder if this worlds Twins were found here after all~

Perception: 1d20: [12] +1= 13
JIC ROLLS
1d20: [20] = 20
1d20: [4] = 4
Last edited by Lenok on Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current Appearance: A 27 year old Japanese/Caucasian male, approximately 5'10" appearing around 180 lbs, dark hair and eyes, wearing a black shirt, jeans, and boots. Appears to be in peak physical condition.
Lenok
Sicilia

Post by Sicilia »

((Rolls Held))

Once the tension has died down, and the intruder is revealed to be a former Omega, Sicilia, while still immensely curious, knows not to crowd someone who's just been put in an unfamiliar environment. If I was being hounded by a ton of supers I only half-knew, I'd probably be hard pressed not to lash out and bite them.

As such, she leaves the newcomer be, rather than add to the chaos, about to leave the area when she is approached by Crucible.
Crucible wrote:He wanders off for a moment into the kitchen and returns with some freshly made popcorn. He looks around for the giant snake as they should be fairly obvious even amongst the crowd of heroes.

"Sicilia isn't it? My apologies if I've gotten your name wrong. We didn't get a proper chance to be introduced before splitting into two teams." he offers some popcorn, knowing exactly who they are. His unit had interests in Sicily and Matthew had seen Sicilia before, having been tasked with doing a scan of her fairly early in his career. They had always wondered if whatever caused her mutation had something magical in nature as its cause but Matthew was unaware of any further information on the subject.
Sicilia, upon being approached by the mage, responds by holding up the tip of her tail in a 'one moment' gesture. She flicks through her tablet for a moment, before glancing up. Crucible, yes? she asks a touch timidly, her telepathic voice sounding in his mind alone, before some confidence quickly returns to her mental communique, You've got it right with Sicilia, but no worries if you get my name wrong. We've only known each other a short while, it's bound to happen. I knew plenty back at my old job that just referred to me as "That Snake."

With a coy giggle, she looks over her notes on the mage more thoroughly. Let's see. Uses magical spells, covers his eyes with shades because one or both are probably false or otherwise not normal in some way. I should ask him about that at some point, when I have time. Out loud, or whatever equivalent applies to one-way telepathic communication, she says with a curious tone, If I've got my notes right, you've got magical abilities, yes? Quite interesting! Outside of my research on you and other heroes, I can't say I've met anyone who could cast spells. It would certainly do well to get to know you better, as with the rest of your team. I've hardly gotten a moment to speak to any of them.
Sicilia
An Italian Noodle who bites back!
Gear and Current Status
Quick Stats
I.S.P.: 44/44
H.P.: 45/45
S.D.C.: 99/99
Stone Form S.D.C.: 600/600

Omega Suit v3.1.7
S.D.C.:
  • Main Body: 250 / 250
  • *Body Camera: 15 / 15

Weight: 6 lbs
Modifiers:
  • AR: 17
  • *Body Camera (-2 to strike via aimed shot only)

Features:
  • Hyper-mimetic alloy fibers change size and molecular composition to fit wearer regardless of APS powers, shape or size changes.
  • Built-in short range encrypted radio transceiver (Omega freq only).
  • Built-in RFID transponder for C.S.P.D. verifies wearer is a Centurion to all C.S.P.D. and their precise GPS location within 20'
  • Body Camera located in center of chest.
  • Anti-Tamper system
  • Tail mounted computer - allows real-time tracking of Omega agents in the field

APS: Stone Transformation Bonuses/Changes

-Natural A.R. 16
-S.D.C.:
600 / 600 (replaces natural S.D.C. while transformed)
-Normal punches, kicks, knives, swords, clubs, bullets, and similar deal no damage regardless of strike roll
-Extraordinary, Superhuman P.S. deal quarter damage with strike roll below 17, deal full damage on 17+ strike roll
-Supernatural P.S. deals half damage with strike roll below 17, deals full damage on 17+ strike roll
-Fire, plasma, electricity, laser, energy bolts deal half damage with strike roll below 17, deal full damage on 17+ strike roll
-Impervious to cold
-Resistant to heat: 200 degrees F or below deals no damage, half damage between 201-299 degrees F, full damage at 300+ degrees F
-AP bullets, explosives rounds, grenades and light explosives deal half damage with strike roll below 17, deal full damage on 17+ strike roll
-Gas, ingested drugs, magic, and psionics have full effect
-Powerful explosions, infernos with blast-furnace like heat (300+ degrees F), hurricanes, earthquakes do full damage and do not require a strike roll
-Endure underwater pressure up to depths of 800 ft
-Function in vacuum until air supply is gone

-Weight is tripled
-P.S. increased by 16, considered Superhuman
-Can carry 200 times P.S. in pounds, can life 300 times P.S. in pounds
-Fatigues at half rate

-S.D.C. of stone (600) recovers at three times normal rate
-Radiates no heat in stone form, invisible to infrared and heat sensors
-Speed reduced by half in stone form
-Hold breath twice as long in stone form
Iron Maiden

Post by Iron Maiden »

Lenok wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:20 pm "Good morning Omegas! This is Detective Leo Tatsuo. I mean no harm, but uh....I am uh...in the Armory...I think? Can someone come let me out?"
Perception (30%): 1d100: [66] = 66
JIC (1d20/1d100): 1d20: [17] = 17 / 1d100: [74] = 74

Chastity hears the call on the intercom and thinks, Whoever that is, they are calling themselves a detective and announcing their presence. That probably means they are not hostile. Still, the armory is not too far, I probably should head over to provide backup.
OOC Comments
Unfortunately, much of the conversation in the last fight was in Dragonese.
If she overhears the conversation in the Armory, she will add to it a bit, "The Yellow Dragon is a Chinese figure associated with the First Emperor of China. I was raised in the orient, I remember that much." She was raised in Japan, not Tiawan, so that is about all she knows. As she does not expect to be much use in the Infirmary, she heads back to work on her inventory.
Iron Maiden
Natural AR 11
HP: 141/141
SDC: 945/934
Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every 2 rounds

CLOCKWORK WOLF
Natural AR 16
SDC: 150
Diomedes

Post by Diomedes »

(rolls carried)
Required Reading and Listening
It's said you get one chance at a first impression. I suggest you read https://www.badassoftheweek.com/diomedes

And the theme music that goes through my head when I write posts for Diomedes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZFNut0RGlQ
Tom Cassidy wrote:Tom chuckles as well. "Sounds like you need a code name like 'Paladin' with comments like that..." he looks down at Diomedes' Marks of Heritage. "Magical tattoos, you say? That sounds vaguely familiar. But where have I heard of--CELES!!!!!" His eyes grow wide and the smile evaporates from his face.

He takes a few quick steps back and manifests both his energy shield and whip. "The last person I knew with magical tats was a slave who had got hers from her Splugorth masters..." he says in a voice as much a growl as anything else. "So let me make this very clear, 'Mister Frog...' if you're working for, or with, the Splugorth -- especially those floating Slaver nightmares and their bathing beauty bimbos -- you and I are definitely not going to get along. Understand?"
Diomedes goes still at Tom's words. The concern about the sudden appearance of someone inside the Omega base gone from his thoughts. He turns slowly towards Tom, anger, almost to the point of rage, clear upon his face, his expression grim. The potential for violence fills the room. Diomedes does not nearly have the same short fuse as his namesake, and as an Undead Slayer takes responsibility for the errors of both himself and his people. He will not; however, suffer slander.

His left hand moves up slowly to the collar of his shirt and he pulls down, ripping the shirt off his massive muscled chest. It's clear that his musculature has been earned the hard way. Across his chest, draped like a wide necklace are a set of tattoos, the top of another set can be seen around his waist. Those behind him see a large phoenix on his back, and on his shoulders tattoos of other creatures. Diomedes drops the shirt to the ground. He lifts his eyes to meet Tom's. In clear, but low voice, he says, "Know me! I am Dékatos Diomedes, True Atlantean Undead Slayer of Clan Skellian (HF 14). These tattoos across my body signify my commitment towards the Endless Struggle, fighting evil wherever it may be found. You dare suggest that I am a minion of the Splugorth! Where on this planet may they be found? They are a plague on my home second only to vampires. I will fight them."

A memory of his mother's voice cross his thoughts. Give him a chance...

Diomedes' knuckles crack like gunshots as he raises his fists. "You will recant such slander." His tone offers no recourse.

"What will it be? Will you stand beside me and be my ally against evil or are we going to fight?"
Diomedes, EP Record

Brute
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Post by Brute »

(Rolls carried over)
Diomedes wrote:"What will it be? Will you stand beside me and be my ally against evil or are we going to fight?"
Diomedes? Not... Edgar?

Brute sighs, then remarks, sternly enough for everyone present to know he is not angry - yet - but that he is deadly serious.

"There will be no fighting in the Medlab."

Brute radios Crucible. "Crucible... regarding our earlier conversation... I've had a thought of where you can put your sanctum spell. The Medlab-slash-infirmary here is in a nice, central location, where almost all of our noncombat staff can access it quickly. People who are here shouldn't have the threat of violence over their heads. Yeah... I think the Medlab is ideal. If or when you can do another, we'll put it in the War Room upstairs."

Turning back to Diomedes and Barricade, he says, "We're gonna have to talk about these Sploogorth things, and whether they're a threat here in Century Station."

And Odin help the pair of you if you trash my base.
Brute
OOC Comments
Normal Form
AR: 0
HP: 45/45
SDC: 186/186

Monstrous Form
AR: 13
HP: 40/40
SDC: 821/846

Motion detector, 20’ radius range
Predator’s hearing (+2 Initiative, 8X Normal)

Omega Suit v3.1.7
S.D.C. by Location:
  • Arms: 90 each
  • Legs: 100 each
  • Main Body: 250
  • *Body Camera: 15

Modifiers:

Features:
  • Hyper-mimetic alloy fibers change size and molecular composition to fit wearer regardless of APS powers, shape or size changes.
  • Built-in RFID transponder for C.S.P.D. verifies wearer is a Centurion to all C.S.P.D. and their precise GPS location within 20'
  • Anti-Tamper system
  • Wrist mounted computer - allows real-time tracking of Omega agents in the field
Lenok
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Lenok »

Iron Maiden wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:12 am "The Yellow Dragon is a Chinese figure associated with the First Emperor of China. I was raised in the orient, I remember that much."
"She's Right, I believe that was The Hongwu Emperor Zhu Yuanzhang, though I do not know if what was said about him was hear say or if the legends are real, but this legend doesn't exist in Japan, though it does have similarities to the Ōryū." Turning to look at Chasity, Lenok bows slightly, and then raises his head, speaking to her. "Go aisatsu. Koko ni wa, dono kurai no kikan imasu ka? Reo Tatsuodesu. Watashitachi wa onaji Nihon kara kita wakede wanai kamo shiremasenga, soredemo Nihon kara no betsu no hito ni au no wa ī kotodesu."
If you speak Japanese
" Greetings. How long have you been here? I am Tatsuo, Leo. We may not be from the same Nippon, but it's still nice to meet another person from Nippon.

Diomedes wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:51 am "Know me! I am Dékatos Diomedes, True Atlantean Undead Slayer of Clan Skellian (HF 14). These tattoos across my body signify my commitment towards the Endless Struggle, fighting evil wherever it may be found. You dare suggest that I am a minion of the Splugorth! Where on this planet may they be found? They are a plague on my home second only to vampires. I will fight them."Diomedes' knuckles crack like gunshots as he raises his fists. "You will recant such slander." His tone offers no recourse."What will it be? Will you stand beside me and be my ally against evil or are we going to fight?"
Lenok watches the escalation thinking to himself, some things never change, this is one of the reasons he left his Omega's to deal with and aid his children. In the tongue of his people, knowing most of Atlantean blood, who have been allies for centuries to his blood, was taught his language when they learned the ways of the tattoo magic. Lenok then starts speaking in a completely Alien tongue to most
Dragonese
"Please calm yourself, warrior of Skellion, most here havn't heard of Splugorth, and even less have learned the real plight of the true Atlanteans. Odd's are he was more likely to have met a splugorth sub ordinate, before meeting one of Atlantean blood, if he ever heard of one till your arrival that is. Remember you're as much of a legend here, as I am. Good meet Dékatos Diomedes of Clan Skellion, I am Lenok of the Chiang Ku."
Brute wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:14 am "There will be no fighting in the Medlab."
Lenok thinks he has found this groups Aegis.
Brute wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:14 amBrute radios Crucible. "Crucible... regarding our earlier conversation... I've had a thought of where you can put your sanctum spell. The Medlab-slash-infirmary here is in a nice, central location, where almost all of our noncombat staff can access it quickly. People who are here shouldn't have the threat of violence over their heads. Yeah... I think the Medlab is ideal. If or when you can do another, we'll put it in the War Room upstairs."

Turning back to Diomedes and Barricade, he says, "We're gonna have to talk about these Sploogorth things, and whether they're a threat here in Century Station."

And Odin help the pair of you if you trash my base.
Lenok looking directly at Brute now. "Long story short, They are Space Nazi's. From a Dimension and world where their version of Genocidal despots are in charge and push their agenda through the galaxies, making slaves of species they find useful but consider underneath them, stealing tech, magic, techno wizardy, etc if it helps their pursuit of dominion over all. Miserable sods the lot of them" Looking to Diomedes and Barricade "Did I forget anything?"

Trust: 1d100: [23] = 23
Charm: 1d100: [77] = 77
JIC
1d20: [16] = 16
1d20: [9] = 9
Last edited by Lenok on Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current Appearance: A 27 year old Japanese/Caucasian male, approximately 5'10" appearing around 180 lbs, dark hair and eyes, wearing a black shirt, jeans, and boots. Appears to be in peak physical condition.
Lenok
Diomedes

Post by Diomedes »

(rolls carried)

Diomedes waits for Tom's reply. The fact that on his first day there's trouble and he is in the middle of it while surrounded by multiple super powered beings doesn't appear to faze him in the slightest. It's almost as if fighting against overwhelming odds is something he just expects.
Brute wrote:"There will be no fighting in the Medlab."

"I have no problem taking our 'discussion' outside," says the large man.
Lenok wrote:Lenok then starts speaking in a completely Alien tongue to most
Dragonese
"Please calm yourself, warrior of Skellion, most here havn't heard of Splugorth, and even less have learned the real plight of the true Atlanteans. Odd's are he was more likely to have met a splugorth sub ordinate, before meeting one of Atlantean blood, if he ever heard of one till your arrival that is. Remember you're as much of a legend here, as I am. Good meet Dékatos Diomedes of Clan Skellion, I am Lenok of the Chiang Ku."
Diomedes keeps his eyes fixed on Tom, but adjusts his stance to now keep him and Lenok in view. A Chiang-Ku? Doubtful. I have met a few Chiang Ku while in Manoa. None of them took on human shape in front of me. It was known that some of the Alchemists were Chiang-Ku, but we were never told who they were. They valued their own secrecy too much. Their greatest protection was in hiding what they were. A Chiang-Ku would never just volunteer such information, especially upon first meeting. A dragon he may well be, but not what he claims. In Dragonese, Diomedes replies, "Jo binne wolkom om yn 'e line te kommen, Draak. Neidat dizze hear en ik ús skeel hawwe ôfmakke, kinne wy sjen oer it ferifiearjen fan jo identiteit begjinnend mei jo merken fan erfgoed en jo wirklike foarm sjen litte."
(Blackhaunt and Chimera have been using Frisan as Dragonese) You are welcome to get in line, Dragon. After this gentleman and I have finished our dispute, we can see about verifying your identity starting with your marks of heritage and showing your true form."

"Well?" Diomedes asks Tom. "You have drawn weapons without cause upon me. You have challenged me. Did you expect me to flee like a coward? I stand here without fear, what say you now?"
Diomedes, EP Record

Wi-Fi
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Wi-Fi »

Interesting I may have more to uncover about these 'Space nazis' as if regular Nazis were not bad enough. the mutant thought. She knew what it was like to be at the barrel end of a plasma rifle held by anti-Mutants. As for the conflicts it was another matter. It was a known fact that people often fought and later became friends. This was a typically male phenomenon, but not unheard of with women. Women tended to plot to hold petty grudges easier. they were just more polite about said grudges on account of social status. Wi-Fi hoped these space Nazis were not female.

"I'll be in the new lab, I have items that need my attention if you need to get a hold of me. Brute, We should do lunch today. It's been a while." she smiles at Brute as she leaves. Wi-Fi got the impression he might have a need for a sounding board and she did have thoughts of her own. "spider bots, Back to the lab." as she spoke 5 dark-grey with Yellow trim bots appeared and followed her to the lab. Spider bot footage was great but could be a curse.
Last edited by Wi-Fi on Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If my post is too stupidly written to read...ask me for a translation or hit me up in Hangouts.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
Bonuses in green apply only when force aura is active.
PPE: 15
ISP: 94/140
HP: 30 (34 with aura)
SDC: 47 (260)
Aura: 240/260 (Aura also gives superhuman strength)
Swarm status: 5 (all healthy)
Stubby/Rover/Sparky/Nameless #1/Nameless #2
SDC: 50/50/50/50/50
TRS-13
SDC: 50
AR: 6

CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig (Patron Item)
Features:
• 12 attachment points
• Integrated IRMSS: 20,000 credits to recharge (R:UE, p.263)
Attachment points can be utilized to carry 1 each of the following item types: sidearm, magazine, E-clip, grenade, canteen, food ration pack, minor items or individual tools.

• Attachment: Clip (Rocksalt)
• Attachment: Clip (Armor Piercing)
• Attachment: Clip (Shok Lock Cartridges)
• Attachment: Clip (Multi-ball -Low Lethality)
• Attachment: Flash Pack
• Attachment: Voice recorder Pack

Omega Field Kit
Collapsible fiberglass nightstick - 1D6 Damage
(2) Dosimeter clip badge
(20) Disposable gloves
(30) Evidence bags
First Aid Kit
Flashlight
Fold-able gas mask
Multitool
(5) Signal flares
(6) Zip ties

Shock Gloves:
• Range: Melee
• Damage: None. This gloves discharge an energy charge that short circuits the nervous system. Victims are dazed, -10 to strike, parry and dodge for 2d4 melee rounds.
A successful saving throw means the person has successfully fought off the effect and is unimpaired. Roll to save against each strike. Saving throw versus toxins.
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only, five shots total per melee
• Payload: 10/10 shots per charge (no clip)

Personal Weapons: Close quarters Hand pistols (2-4 as needed):
OOC Comments
Nest Handgun.gif
Firearms1.png
an SDC variant based on a NG-11S "Sawed-Off"
  • Range:
    • Shotgun Shells/Slugs: 200'
    • Damage:
      • Shotgun shells:
        [8] scattershot: 4D6
      • Solid slugs: 5D6
      • Rate of Fire: Single shot only
      • Payload: three shots; reloading the gun takes three melee actions
      • Weight: 3 lbs.
      • Features:
        Features:
        - Ripcord Quick reload system
        - Made of Non-Ferrous metals and Plastic/ceramics (Not magnetic materials)
        - Easy to customize, use and maintain even by novice armorers
        -top venting helps compensate for recoil by pushing down during weapon discharge
        -bottom-mounted camera and mic to record combat to identify targets after they are gone or turned into a bloody mist. also for scouting or looking under hard-to-reach spots.
        1. Mini-Telephoto Document Camera: A tiny, easy to conceal
        camera, only a little bigger than a disposable lighter. Cost: $350.
        (pg. 345, Main book)
        2. Wireless Microphone: This compact mic. is about the size
        and thickness of a box of matches. It can pick up sounds up to
        14 feet (4.3 m) away and broadcast up to 300 feet (91 m) away.
        Cost: $500.00 (pg. 344, Main book)

3. USB/SDD/chip style recorder and battery (encrypted)

4. Flashlight
      • Modifiers: None,
      • Book Reference: p.208, WB33
Maia

Post by Maia »

JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2 , 1d100: [88] = 88
PER: 1d100: [26] = 26 vs. 21%
Brute wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:29 am"Maia, please ease off... As far as we know he's on our side... he's hunting vampires... he's hunting not-the-life!.. Maia - wait! Please, tell me what you can of Atlanteans. let me know the danger."
Maia rounds on Brute, but she does pause in her effort to form a body and mete out punishment. ”HUNT VAMPIRES. BROUGHT VAMPIRES. HUBRIS AT BEST. MALICE AT WORST. THE SAME, ALWAYS WITH YOUR PEOPLE. ‘THIS TIME’ DIFFERENT. ‘THIS TIME’ KNOW BETTER. NEVER. KNOW BETTER. NEVER. LEARN. ONLY BREED. GROW. CONSUME. CONQUER. DESTROY. THEMSELVES, AS MUCH AS ANY.” She awkwardly swivels back to Diomedes.
Diomedes wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:48 amOh my! Is it true? Shrub? Shrub how are you here? Well, of course you are here. You didn't come to Manoa until just before the cataclysm. Why are you so hostile? Don't you remember how we'd play in the jungle? How I'd swing from your vines? We were like peas and carrots when I was a boy.
Anger is replete in her ‘voice’ as she replies in flawless Atlantean (and English, simultaneously somehow) ”AM SHRUB. AM NOT, ALSO. ALL ARE PART OF THE LIFE. OF NO IMPORT.”
Diomedes wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:48 amBut wait, this place is much like how the golden age is described, perhaps we have not met yet. Why you were so friendly to me as a child was considered so odd by the elders. Then I should introduce myself. Shrub, I am Dekatos Diomedes of Clan Skellian. You have recognized me as a True Atlantean, then you must know that Temarkhos the Tenth decried the great experiment and urged the other clans to abandon it. Most of my clan left the earth in protest, but 100 of my people remained to care for the earth in the upheaval that occurred.
This doesn’t do much to mollify Maia, but she does start to relax her nascent body, allowing the plant life to begin slipping back to whatever it was doing before. ”FAILED. YOU. BROUGHT MUCH DEATH. WORSE, BROUGHT MUCH NOT-THE-LIFE. MUCH THAT CAN ONLY SERVE IN DEATH. 100 IS NOT ENOUGH. BUT SUPPOSE 101 IS BETTER.”
Diomedes wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:48 amHe makes a formal bow of respect. With his head bowed he ends with, Maia’Glthyra’maxal-aiusu, I understand your distrust, but I hope in time I may earn it for myself and my clan."
Finally and completely relaxing away her latest attempt at forming a body, she finally sounds calmer as she replies ”FINE. ALL SHALL SERVE THE LIFE, OR SERVE IN DEATH. WILL SEE. WHICH. YOU. ATLANTEAN.” With that she slides back into her tree-home, and begins to once again busy herself with enhancing the local plant life. Before Diomedes leaves, however, she adds (almost as an afterthought) ”NO. PYRAMIDS.” Then it’s back to work.

Maia will continue her work throughout the night and the next day, oblivious to the need for sleep or the goings on inside. Should anyone stop by to introduce themselves or say hello, they will be treated to one of the tree’s limbs doing an awkward parody of a wave, and that’s about it.
SAY MY NAME, INSECTS
Passive abilities: See infrared/ultraviolet (range 450ft.).
2/4 healing touches today; 800/930 SDC remaining.
Tom Cassidy

Post by Tom Cassidy »

((and now for something completely different -- rolls held over))
Lenok wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:30 am"She's Right, I believe that was The Hongwu Emperor Zhu Yuanzhang, though I do not know if what was said about him was hear say or if the legends are real, but this legend doesn't exist in Japan, though it does have similarities to the Ōryū." Turning to look at Chasity, Lenok bows slightly, and then raises his head, speaking to her. "Go aisatsu. Koko ni wa, dono kurai no kikan imasu ka? Reo Tatsuodesu. Watashitachi wa onaji Nihon kara kita wakede wanai kamo shiremasenga, soredemo Nihon kara no betsu no hito ni au no wa ī kotodesu."
If you speak Japanese
" Greetings. How long have you been here? I am Tatsuo, Leo. We may not be from the same Nippon, but it's still nice to meet another person from Nippon.
Language: Japanese -- 1d100<65: [37*] = 1

"Hmph." Tom muses as the detective replies to Chastity, but doesn't chime in otherwise.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Diomedes wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:51 amHis left hand moves up slowly to the collar of his shirt and he pulls down, ripping the shirt off his massive muscled chest. It's clear that his musculature has been earned the hard way. Across his chest, draped like a wide necklace are a set of tattoos, the top of another set can be seen around his waist. Those behind him see a large phoenix on his back, and on his shoulders tattoos of other creatures. Diomedes drops the shirt to the ground. He lifts his eyes to meet Tom's. In clear, but low voice, he says, "Know me! I am Dékatos Diomedes, True Atlantean Undead Slayer of Clan Skellian (HF 14). These tattoos across my body signify my commitment towards the Endless Struggle, fighting evil wherever it may be found. You dare suggest that I am a minion of the Splugorth! Where on this planet may they be found? They are a plague on my home second only to vampires. I will fight them."

Diomedes' knuckles crack like gunshots as he raises his fists. "You will recant such slander." His tone offers no recourse.

"What will it be? Will you stand beside me and be my ally against evil or are we going to fight?"
Save vs HF 14: 1d20: [14] = 14

Tom's eyes grow wide at the mention of Dio being an Undead Slayer. Sweet mother of cornbread Christmas -- they do exist after all... For what seems like an eternity he stands there, dumbstruck, hearing both Brute and Lenok talk but seemingly not being able to get his eyes off the large man in front of him.
Diomedes wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:45 pm"Well? You have drawn weapons without cause upon me. You have challenged me. Did you expect me to flee like a coward? I stand here without fear, what say you now?"
Dio's words shake him out of his shock. "Honestly, Paladin Beefcake, I didn't know exactly what I'd expect... but I'm pretty sure it would never have been to see an actual Undead Slayer live and in the flesh." He relaxes his stance and lets his armor/shield/whip evaporate. "It's hard to chat with mages about dimensional travel for very long without True Atlanteans coming up in the conversation, but to be honest I always thought the stories about you Slayers were just that -- stories. Clearly I was wrong."

He looks over at Brute and Lenok. "The detective's not far wrong, but calling them 'Nazis' is like saying someone struck by lightning is 'feeling under the weather' -- it just doesn't do it justice. They're monsters in every sense of the word and they like it that way. Their Slavers are like a horrifying mix between an alligator and a dolphin, covered in slime and bolted to a hover platform and accompanied by blind warrior women slaves. I almost wound up becoming one of their slaves when I first wound up in Ronith's dimension and we busted up multiple slaver camps while I was part of Heroes for Hire. It was during one of those raids I encountered Celes -- she was inked up with magical tattoos and wouldn't even hear of being set free from her Splugorth masters." Turning back to Dio he adds, "I guess my fuse is still rather short when it comes to Splugorth and their slavers. But if you're a slave -- or a willing minion -- then I'm a Chinese jet pilot." Or a better actor than I'll ever be, but that's future me's problem if that's the case.

He holds out his hand. "Dékatos Diomedes, I'm very sorry for the case of mistaken identity and I humbly ask your forgiveness. If the Splugorth ever do show up here in Century Station, I'll happily help you kick them back into whatever portal they crawled out of."

Assuming (hoping) that Dio accepts his apology, Tom can only contain his curiosity for so long. "So speaking of portals and other dimensions... what brings you to this one in particular?"
Diomedes

Post by Diomedes »

(rolls carried)

The True Atlantean takes the rebuke from Maia silently making no protest. He can't identify any noticeable personality difference to the Shrub he knows. When Shrub is acting this way, it's best to call it a day and try again in a week.
Maia wrote:Before Diomedes leaves, however, she adds (almost as an afterthought) ”NO. PYRAMIDS.” Then it’s back to work.
He purses his lips squelching a reply at Maia's last comment. If this is my past, then Maia's future will be difficult. The lack of a traditional pyramid network is what is going to allow the coming upheaval to occur with no control and greater suffer and loss of life than anything my people have done to this planet.

Tom Cassidy wrote:Dio's words shake him out of his shock. "Honestly, Paladin Beefcake, I didn't know exactly what I'd expect... but I'm pretty sure it would never have been to see an actual Undead Slayer live and in the flesh." He relaxes his stance and lets his armor/shield/whip evaporate. "It's hard to chat with mages about dimensional travel for very long without True Atlanteans coming up in the conversation, but to be honest I always thought the stories about you Slayers were just that -- stories. Clearly I was wrong."

He looks over at Brute and Lenok. "The detective's not far wrong, but calling them 'Nazis' is like saying someone struck by lightning is 'feeling under the weather' -- it just doesn't do it justice. They're monsters in every sense of the word and they like it that way. Their Slavers are like a horrifying mix between an alligator and a dolphin, covered in slime and bolted to a hover platform and accompanied by blind warrior women slaves. I almost wound up becoming one of their slaves when I first wound up in Ronith's dimension and we busted up multiple slaver camps while I was part of Heroes for Hire. It was during one of those raids I encountered Celes -- she was inked up with magical tattoos and wouldn't even hear of being set free from her Splugorth masters." Turning back to Dio he adds, "I guess my fuse is still rather short when it comes to Splugorth and their slavers. But if you're a slave -- or a willing minion -- then I'm a Chinese jet pilot." Or a better actor than I'll ever be, but that's future me's problem if that's the case.

He holds out his hand. "Dékatos Diomedes, I'm very sorry for the case of mistaken identity and I humbly ask your forgiveness. If the Splugorth ever do show up here in Century Station, I'll happily help you kick them back into whatever portal they crawled out of."

Assuming (hoping) that Dio accepts his apology, Tom can only contain his curiosity for so long. "So speaking of portals and other dimensions... what brings you to this one in particular?"
Diomedes listens to Tom's apology and when the weapons are dismissed, he gives his shoulders and arms a shake to release the tension in his muscles and lowers his fists in return. "My fuse is also short when it comes to the Splugorth. It is tragic how the Splugorth are able to twists their slaves into believing they are meant to be a slave. I am glad to know I will have at least one ally who knows the danger that they represent." He smiles and holds out his hand for them to shake once again.

He looks down at his torn shirt on the ground. I did warned Apizza that I go through clothes rapidly. He picks up the shirt and turns to face Lenok. "Next!" he says in English, but follows up in Dragonese, "Dat Lenok, wit ien fan 'e oaren wat jo beweare te wêzen? Ik erken, dat it witten fan 'e Chiang-Ku hielendal ûngewoan is en jo geheim sil behâlde as jo de jildichheid fan jo claim kinne bewize. Hawwe jo in mark fan erfgoed fan in Chiang-Ku? Of beweitsje jo dat jo in Chiang-Ku binne om't jo witte dat jo publyk ûnwittend is?"
So Lenok, do any of the others know what you claim to be? I acknowledge, that knowing of the Chiang-Ku at all is unusual and will keep your secret if you are able to prove the validity of your claim. Do you have a Chiang-Ku's marks of heritage? Or are you claiming to be a Chiang-Ku because you know that your audience is ignorant?

Tom Cassidy wrote:Assuming (hoping) that Dio accepts his apology, Tom can only contain his curiosity for so long. "So speaking of portals and other dimensions... what brings you to this one in particular?"
"I chased a creature through a portal which led to here. True evil creatures are either indescribably horrible or beautiful. She is the latter." He thinks for a moment of their last confrontation. "Her name is Marissa. Our paths crossed because she holds a special blade, a Japanese weapon, a katana. It has the ability to wound supernatural beings, but is particularly dangerous to vampires; able to hurt them even when they have transformed into mist. Finding the blade is now secondary. Finding and defeating her is now of primary importance, if I can recover the blade, then more the better. If not, then my original quest continues."
Diomedes, EP Record

Iron Maiden

Post by Iron Maiden »

(Rolls carried over)
Lenok wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:30 am "She's Right, I believe that was The Hongwu Emperor Zhu Yuanzhang, though I do not know if what was said about him was hear say or if the legends are real, but this legend doesn't exist in Japan, though it does have similarities to the Ōryū." Turning to look at Chasity, Lenok bows slightly, and then raises his head, speaking to her. "Go aisatsu. Koko ni wa, dono kurai no kikan imasu ka? Reo Tatsuodesu. Watashitachi wa onaji Nihon kara kita wakede wanai kamo shiremasenga, soredemo Nihon kara no betsu no hito ni au no wa ī kotodesu."
If you speak Japanese
Chastity sighs, and says, "I know enough Japanese to know it when I hear it, but we children of the servants were kept segragated. I never even had a formal education. For some reason, the family I was staying with had exclusively American servants. Possibly they wanted those who could not share any secrets because they would not understand them."
OOC Comments
I would have liked to get Japanese for Chastity (and German also) but did not have enough skills.
Iron Maiden
Natural AR 11

CLOCKWORK WOLF
Natural AR 16
Lenok
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Lenok »

:::ROLLS HELD OVER:::
Diomedes wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:57 am He looks down at his torn shirt on the ground. I did warned Apizza that I go through clothes rapidly. He picks up the shirt and turns to face Lenok. "Next!" he says in English, but follows up in Dragonese, "Dat Lenok, wit ien fan 'e oaren wat jo beweare te wêzen? Ik erken, dat it witten fan 'e Chiang-Ku hielendal ûngewoan is en jo geheim sil behâlde as jo de jildichheid fan jo claim kinne bewize. Hawwe jo in mark fan erfgoed fan in Chiang-Ku? Of beweitsje jo dat jo in Chiang-Ku binne om't jo witte dat jo publyk ûnwittend is?"
So Lenok, do any of the others know what you claim to be? I acknowledge, that knowing of the Chiang-Ku at all is unusual and will keep your secret if you are able to prove the validity of your claim. Do you have a Chiang-Ku's marks of heritage? Or are you claiming to be a Chiang-Ku because you know that your audience is ignorant?
Looks around at the people of the room, and then at Diomedes. *Sigh* With a blank face he speaks, if he see's anyone else that seems to understand what he is saying he will stop dead in his tracks. "Nee, ik haw noait bekend makke hokker ras fan draak foar har. D'r is gjin punt yn om se te fertellen, De mearderheid fan 'e minsken fan dizze wrâld is meast yn steat om ús te skieden fan in skieding fan' e wyn. Neffens tekens fan heritdge, Wêrom op ierde toane jo har jo tatoeaazjes en fertelle se dat se Magysk binne? Wat is der bard mei it hâlden fan 'e keunst fan' e magyske tatoeaazjes in geheim? Nee, ik sil net gean nei in djip geheim om jo wantrouwen op te wekken. Wat jout jo it rjocht om dat fertrouwen te brekken en derfan yn 't iepen te sprekken?"
Dragonese
"No, I never disclosed what race of dragon to them. There is no point in telling them, The majority of the humans of this world are mostly incapable of distinguishing us from a serpent of the wind. As per marks of heritage, Why on earth are you showing them your tattoo's and telling them they are Magical? What happened to keeping the art of the magic tattoo's a secret? No I am not going to go brandishing a deep secret to relieve your distrust. What gives you the right to break that trust and Speak of it in the open?"
Iron Maiden wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:42 pm Chastity sighs, and says, "I know enough Japanese to know it when I hear it, but we children of the servants were kept segragated. I never even had a formal education. For some reason, the family I was staying with had exclusively American servants. Possibly they wanted those who could not share any secrets because they would not understand them."
Turning his head to Chasity:"I understand. Some families hold their secrets very close at heart and even take them to the death" looks at diomedes while speaking this last part, moving his eyes only "rather than let it be known."
Last edited by Lenok on Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lenok
Crucible

Post by Crucible »

rolls carried
Sicilia wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:06 am Sicilia, upon being approached by the mage, responds by holding up the tip of her tail in a 'one moment' gesture. She flicks through her tablet for a moment, before glancing up. Crucible, yes? she asks a touch timidly, her telepathic voice sounding in his mind alone, before some confidence quickly returns to her mental communique, You've got it right with Sicilia, but no worries if you get my name wrong. We've only known each other a short while, it's bound to happen. I knew plenty back at my old job that just referred to me as "That Snake."

With a coy giggle, she looks over her notes on the mage more thoroughly. Let's see. Uses magical spells, covers his eyes with shades because one or both are probably false or otherwise not normal in some way. I should ask him about that at some point, when I have time. Out loud, or whatever equivalent applies to one-way telepathic communication, she says with a curious tone, If I've got my notes right, you've got magical abilities, yes? Quite interesting! Outside of my research on you and other heroes, I can't say I've met anyone who could cast spells. It would certainly do well to get to know you better, as with the rest of your team. I've hardly gotten a moment to speak to any of them.

"Names define us. What we chose to accept to be called defines us just as much as what we want to be called." Matthew responds, rather enigmatically and possibly pretentiously. "Are you going by Sicilia when we are on mission? or have you chosen a nom de guere to be known as? Magical abilities is one way to define it. Some of what I do is as natural to me as breathing, not that I do that anymore he notes to himself, "but some of it requires what would generally be considered to be magical spells." He concentrates for a second and suddenly a small glowing orb appears, hovering just above Matthew's shoulder. He makes it move around the room slowly, the room becoming a lot brighter as he does so.
OOC Comments
Globe of daylight -2 PPE
"As we are discussing names, call me Matthew when we aren't in the field. or Lieutenant Bennett if you need something formal to call me. Is it only telepathically that you can speak?" he asks with a curious tone, scratching his chin, "what happens if you need to speak on an intercom or via the comms system?" If there are limitations that we need to work around, this sounds like an issue that can be fixed.

"You were one of the journalists who attended our presentation? Did you just do interviews or did you do an investigative journalism?" The British Army's relationship with the press wasn't always brilliant. Having a major newspaper fake photos of British soldiers for torturing civilians tends to set a poor tone that still hasn't entirely gone away.

Matthew's train of thought is interrupted as his communicator beeps.
Brute wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:14 am Brute radios Crucible. "Crucible... regarding our earlier conversation... I've had a thought of where you can put your sanctum spell. The Medlab-slash-infirmary here is in a nice, central location, where almost all of our noncombat staff can access it quickly. People who are here shouldn't have the threat of violence over their heads. Yeah... I think the Medlab is ideal. If or when you can do another, we'll put it in the War Room upstairs."
He listens intently to the communication and laughs slightly.

"Well, our commander has requested I cast a spell downstairs. It won't be showy as its not that type of spell, but it would be interesting to see if you can sense its presence after I have cast it."

Whether or not Sicilia joins him, Crucible heads to the elevator and takes it down, the globe following behind him. As he enters, he notes the tension in the room.

"I can smell the testosterone down here, but at least nobody trashed anything. Just so you know, this spell doesn't prevent violence within its environs. That's a sanctuary spell and they only last a few hours at a time and even I can't cast that without some assistance."

Crucible stands in the middle of the med bay and tries to aim where his spell lands to allow a path from the elevator to other areas as some people might not be able to enter the medbay after he casts the spell. "As we are on a leyline, I can encompass more space than I could normally. When you are inside, scrying magics can not locate you, bonding magics do not work and supernatural creatures either cannot enter or have to exert some extreme will to force their way inside."
For those who can sense such things, as Crucible speaks, you can sense him drawing the power together before unleashing it as an invocation.

OOC Comments
Sanctum spell - 390 PPE animated dead, faerie folk, entities and undead cannot enter the area. Lesser demons, deevils, elementals and similar supernatural beings cannot enter unless they save vs magic (16 or higher). Greater beings, ordinary humanoids and mortal humanoids are not affected and can enter at will. This may have an effect on Lenok and Diomedes.

Description: Tall, well built, muscular, with long flowing robes that cover his body. In civilian clothes, wavy brown hair cut military short, wears large shades to cover his left eye, with slightly weathered skin. Average looking with a strange false left eye. often seen carrying a book of various different subjects.

Eye of Odin
20/20 vision, Nightvision (600', constant, no cost)), See Aura (constant, no cost), See the Invisible (constant, no cost)[/ooc]
Lenok
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Lenok »

Crucible wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:40 am Crucible stands in the middle of the med bay and tries to aim where his spell lands to allow a path from the elevator to other areas as some people might not be able to enter the medbay after he casts the spell. "As we are on a leyline, I can encompass more space than I could normally. When you are inside, scrying magics can not locate you, bonding magics do not work and supernatural creatures either cannot enter or have to exert some extreme will to force their way inside."[/OOC]
His eyes get big when he makes the statement about supernatural being effected "What!?! If you wanted me to leave you should have just asked, RUDE. " He says in a growly style voice.

Crucible wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:40 am For those who can sense such things, as Crucible speaks, you can sense him drawing the power together before unleashing it as an invocation.
OOC Comments
Sanctum spell - 390 PPE animated dead, faerie folk, entities and undead cannot enter the area. Lesser demons, deevils, elementals and similar supernatural beings cannot enter unless they save vs magic (16 or higher). Greater beings, ordinary humanoids and mortal humanoids are not affected and can enter at will. This may have an effect on Lenok and Diomedes.
Lenok gets up whether the Dr is done or not with his tests, as the invocation goes off, the moment it does take effect, is clear on his face and walks out of the infirmary. Starts looking for a way out. "I would like to leave willingly, if someone can show me a way out, that would be great." Whether someone responds or helps matters not, he keeps looking for a way out, with thoughts about this worlds Omega's being A**holes.
Dice rolls
Save vs magic 1d20+6: [14]+6 = 20
Last edited by Lenok on Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lenok
Crucible

Post by Crucible »

rolls carried
Lenok wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:02 am His eyes get big when he makes the statement about supernatural being effected "What!?! If you wanted me to leave you should have just asked, RUDE. " He says in a growly style voice.
Lenok wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:02 am Lenok gets up whether the Dr is done or not with his tests, as the invocation goes off, the moment it does take effect, is clear on his face and walks out of the infirmary. Starts looking for a way out. "I would like to leave willingly, if someone can show me a way out, that would be great." Whether someone responds or helps matters not, he keeps looking for a way out, with thoughts about this worlds Omega's being A**holes.
"Wait, you're a supernatural being? Not just a magic user?" he asks, slightly surprised before looking over at Brute, "you will want to hold off me casting this on the War Room. My Apologies!" he says to Lenok. Of course, coming down to the medbay if you are a supernatural creature was probably a waste of time and you knew it.

Eye of Odin
Lenok
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Lenok »

:::Rolls held over:::
Crucible wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:30 am "Wait, you're a supernatural being? Not just a magic user?" he asks, slightly surprised before looking over at Brute, "you will want to hold off me casting this on the War Room. My Apologies!" he says to Lenok. Of course, coming down to the medbay if you are a supernatural creature was probably a waste of time and you knew it.
Looks back at Crucible as he continues to walk out."Not all of my kind study magic, maybe you should check the files on your Tatsuo. Hope that's all you needed from me to check my identity Doc." If he finds the fire escape plans, he will go by that.
Last edited by Lenok on Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lenok
Tom Cassidy

Post by Tom Cassidy »

((Why yes, my rolls are still held over...))
Diomedes wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:57 am"I chased a creature through a portal which led to here. True evil creatures are either indescribably horrible or beautiful. She is the latter." He thinks for a moment of their last confrontation. "Her name is Marissa. Our paths crossed because she holds a special blade, a Japanese weapon, a katana. It has the ability to wound supernatural beings, but is particularly dangerous to vampires; able to hurt them even when they have transformed into mist. Finding the blade is now secondary. Finding and defeating her is now of primary importance, if I can recover the blade, then more the better. If not, then my original quest continues."
Tom laughs in spite of himself. "That sounds vaguely familiar. You'd think us hero types would learn not to chase monsters through portals, right? For what it's worth you can definitely count on me to help if you can ever track her down."

Then the conversation between Diomedes and Detective Tatsuo goes straight into a language he doesn't understand but sounds vaguely familiar. I could swear I've heard some of that back in MercTown and Kingsdale. Guess the detective's done a bit more dimensional traveling than he's letting on. Whatever it is, it doesn't sound like friendly conversation.
Crucible wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:40 am"I can smell the testosterone down here, but at least nobody trashed anything."
Tom shrugs. "Enh, just a case of mistaken identity..." he nods in Brute's direction. "Besides, the boss threatened to give us a stern talking-to if we messed up the brand-new medbay... and goodness knows, we wouldn't want that..." he adds with a chuckle.
Lenok wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:02 am Location: Infirmary
Crucible wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:40 am Crucible stands in the middle of the med bay and tries to aim where his spell lands to allow a path from the elevator to other areas as some people might not be able to enter the medbay after he casts the spell. "As we are on a leyline, I can encompass more space than I could normally. When you are inside, scrying magics can not locate you, bonding magics do not work and supernatural creatures either cannot enter or have to exert some extreme will to force their way inside."[/OOC]
His eyes get big when he makes the statement about supernatural being effected "What!?! If you wanted me to leave you should have just asked, RUDE. " He says in a growly style voice.

Crucible wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:40 am For those who can sense such things, as Crucible speaks, you can sense him drawing the power together before unleashing it as an invocation.
OOC Comments
Lenok gets up whether the Dr is done or not with his tests, as the invocation goes off, the moment it does take effect, is clear on his face and walks out of the infirmary. Starts looking for a way out. "I would like to leave willingly, if someone can show me a way out, that would be great." Whether someone responds or helps matters not, he keeps looking for a way out, with thoughts about this worlds Omega's being A**holes.
Lenok wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:51 am
"Wait, you're a supernatural being? Not just a magic user?" he asks, slightly surprised before looking over at Brute, "you will want to hold off me casting this on the War Room. My Apologies!" he says to Lenok.
Looks back at Crucible as he continues to walk out. "Not all of my kind study magic, maybe you should check the files on your Tatsuo. Hope that's all you needed from me to check my identity Doc." If he finds the fire escape plans, he will go by that.
"Wait, what?" Well, he did call himself a dragon earlier, so I guess that qualifies as a 'supernatural being' if anything does... Tom's surprise is replaced by an internal facepalm as he turns to Crucible. "Whoa, hold off on the spell willya? I don't think that's quite what Clint was asking for anyway -- sounds like he was just trying to keep things from getting out of hand." And it sounds like we went from one potential fight to another. Way to go, Cassidy.

He heads off after Lenok. "Detective Tatsuo, Shibarakuomachikudasai..."*
please wait a moment
Once he catches up he'll try to pull him aside (or at least get him to stop). "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to cause such a fuss. I didn't know he was an Undead Slayer and I didn't realize you were... supernatural in nature. But I still set off everything regardless. Don't know what all you and Diomedes said to each other but the tone was pretty clear... and if I hadn't flown off the handle none of all this would have happened. Thing is, most of us are still pretty new to the team and we're pretty much still all strangers." Some much, much stranger than others. "Anyway, as much as I hate what happened, that stuff's pretty much guaranteed to some degree until we know more about each other. Now we do -- or at least a little bit anyway. If you'd see clear to look past what all just happened just now and give this Omega team a second chance I'd greatly appreciate it."

Language: Japanese -- 1d100<65: [69] = 0 (hopefully I don't screw this up and make it sound like I'm saying "don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya")
Brute
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Post by Brute »

(Rolls carried over)
Lenok wrote:"Long story short, They are Space Nazi's. From a Dimension and world where their version of Genocidal despots are in charge and push their agenda through the galaxies, making slaves of species they find useful but consider underneath them, stealing tech, magic, techno wizardy, etc if it helps their pursuit of dominion over all. Miserable sods the lot of them. Did I forget anything?"
Barricade wrote:"The detective's not far wrong, but calling them 'Nazis' is like saying someone struck by lightning is 'feeling under the weather' -- it just doesn't do it justice. They're monsters in every sense of the word and they like it that way. Their Slavers are like a horrifying mix between an alligator and a dolphin, covered in slime and bolted to a hover platform and accompanied by blind warrior women slaves. I almost wound up becoming one of their slaves when I first wound up in Ronith's dimension and we busted up multiple slaver camps while I was part of Heroes for Hire. It was during one of those raids I encountered Celes -- she was inked up with magical tattoos and wouldn't even hear of being set free from her Splugorth masters."
Brute nods.

"All right - they sound like Bad News. Later on we'll get a report on everything you guys know about them and submit it to CHIMERA. They seem like something we should watch for, so they don't take us by surprise."
Wi Fi wrote:"Brute, We should do lunch today. It's been a while."
Brute nods. We'll see if I can get away. There's drama going on here and I need to stay on top of it, at least for now.

Brute pays attention to the discussion between Maia and Diomedes - trying to make sense of it. He's relieved, though, when Maia seems satisfied enough with Diomedes' words that she leaves, heading back up to the garden.
Maia wrote:”NO. PYRAMIDS.”
Brute chuckles. There's something there I don't know anything about. Something to ask about later.

When the group start speaking in some foreign language, Brute struggles to comprehend. Not sure if they're still mad at each other or not... this is a LOT to take in.

Then Crucible arrives.
Crucible wrote:"I can smell the testosterone down here, but at least nobody trashed anything. Just so you know, this spell doesn't prevent violence within its environs. That's a sanctuary spell and they only last a few hours at a time and even I can't cast that without some assistance. As we are on a leyline, I can encompass more space than I could normally. When you are inside, scrying magics can not locate you, bonding magics do not work and supernatural creatures either cannot enter or have to exert some extreme will to force their way inside."
Brute nods. I thought it prevented violence but those don't sound like bad things to have either. I...
Lenok wrote:"What!?! If you wanted me to leave you should have just asked, RUDE."
"Wait, what?"

Wait - he's a dragon - what kind? Are they supernatural beings?

Lore: Magic 35% 1d100: [86] = 86 (what's a supernatural being? - FAIL)
Lore: Demons & Monsters 40% 1d100: [73] = 73 (what do I know about chiang-ku dragons? - -FAIL)
Mythology 40% 1d100: [86] = 86 (what do I know about chiang-ku dragons? - FAIL)
Lenok wrote:"I would like to leave willingly, if someone can show me a way out, that would be great."
Crucible wrote:"Wait, you're a supernatural being? Not just a magic user? You will want to hold off me casting this on the War Room. My Apologies!"
Brute nods, following Lenok out the door.

"Detective, this is my fault, and I apologize. I didn't know the spell would have that affect - I'm no spellcaster. And Crucible couldn't have known it would either, when I asked for it. This is my mistake alone."

He steers Lenok back toward the lift in the Garage. "Here - this is the way out." He'll walk Lenok over. "I really am sorry. I..." He chuckles, "I gotta confess I'm not even sure what qualifies as a supernatural being. We're... we're all just learning here - and there's a LOT to learn and a STEEP learning curve. Supernatural beings and Splugorth and rifts, and something about pyramids... I didn't mean any offense."
Brute
OOC Comments
Normal Form

Monstrous Form

Omega Suit v3.1.7
S.D.C. by Location:

Modifiers:

Features:
  • Anti-Tamper system
  • Wrist mounted computer - allows real-time tracking of Omega agents in the field
Lenok
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Lenok »

Watching Brute and Tom fall all over themselves from the miss understanding, makes Lenok feel kinda bad. ~ Damn it, I may have spent too much time around humans~sighing to himself before he speaks "Oh....you didn't know....well....now I feel a bit... over dramatic. If you check your files, it should show your Tatsuo was a Dragon/human hybrid and a mutant at that. I can plainly see it wasn't intentional, I apologize for assuming it was. But in reality, I do really need to start investigating and tracking down the jackass who hurt my little girl. Which has me on a bit of a edge to be honest at the moment. I don't know if any of you are also parents, but one kid missing, and another hurt, I'm already not in the right head at the moment.....No I don't have more than one head, it's just a expression."
Last edited by Lenok on Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lenok
Sentinel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Sentinel »

Sentinel Prime

Perception: 1d100: [7] = 7 /85% (+15% to recognizing the arcane,+15% regarding technology)
D20 JiC: 1d20: [6] = 6 D100 JiC: 1d100: [31] = 31

Skills: Research 124%/ 1d100: [74] = 74
⚗+Lore: Monsters and Demons 104%/ 1d100: [13] = 13
Computer Operation 114%/ 1d100: [33] = 33

Yellow Dragon
OOC Comments
Languages: N:Class-Chinese/Mandarin, English, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Japanese, Hindi/Urdu, Dragonese
P.P.E.: 452/452 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 753/753 AR: 16
Spell reference at this Link
Conditions: Immune to Magic, Illusions, Possession, Poison, Drugs, And Disease. Mind Block Auto-Defense. Does not tire. Half damage from Cold. Radiates no heat and is invisible to infrared and heat sensors. Immune to pressure; solid stone. Regenerates 6d6 SDC/Melee. Detect magic (also items), Psionics, Supernatural, Seismic, and Dimensional/Teleportation. He is aware of any technology in his vicinity or targeting him along and senses the presence of surveillance bugs, listening devices, concealed cameras, and spy robots. He is aware of any technology in his vicinity or targeting him along and senses the presence of surveillance bugs, listening devices, concealed cameras, and spy robots.
Awe and/or Horror Factor 14: Enemies must roll a 15 or higher on a twenty-sided die to avoid being momentarily awestruck. A failed roll means the individual loses initiative, one of his melee attacks. In this case, roll each melee round in which the character with the divine aura is attacked or speaks.
A divine radiance coming from Sentinel and his voice is more than a little compelling to those listening.
Abnormal Energy Sense: Sense the Use of Psionics or Magic: Range: 150 feet/level. (1050ft radius)
Base Skill: (roll once every melee round). 84% / 1d100: [48] = 48
Track Abnormal Energy Trail (magic or psionics) Range: 150 feet/level. (1050ft radius)
(roll once every melee round), provided the energy is long-lasting or repeatedly released over and over. 94% / 1d100: [38] = 38
OOC Comments
Can feel when magic or psionic powers are used and can tell whether it is magic or psychic energy (or both), whether it is near or far, and whether the emanations are strong/powerful or weak (i.e. a simple magic spell or a mystic battle or high level). In addition, the super being recognizes enchantment cast upon others (i.e. mystical charms, trances, disguises, etc.), and possession, and can also sense the presence of an enchanted weapon or object that grants its user superpowers or enables its user to cast magic spells, including rune weapons, but again, only when the item is in use or by touch.
Spells:

Butcher Bill:

Those were some surprisingly eloquent words from Mr. Jackson. Too bad they were dulled by the lack of hors d'oeuvres. Sentinel thinks his stony eyes aglow flicking across a tablet's lit screen. After the otherwise bland meet and greet, Sentinel busies himself scouring the news of sightings of the dragons over Metropolis for leads. Besides finding blurry pictures and some he was sure were digitally edited, Rafflesia and the Earth Hounds seemed to be incredibly popular.
Lenok wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:20 pm ”Good morning Omegas! This is Detective Leo Tatsuo. I mean no harm, but uh....I am uh...in the Armory...I think? Can someone come let me out?"
Sentinel looks up for a moment feeling a surge of dimensional energy nearby. The base shakes emphasizing the presence of the dimensional forces. Then an unfamiliar voice comes over the intercoms shortly thereafter. Wasn’t he a dead Omega? It seems Detective Tatsuo has conveniently entombed himself a second time. Sentinel thinks conspiratorially making his way to the armory.

Spotting the entourage Sentinel follows as they arrive to the medical bay overhearing to ostensibly check his identity.
Catching whomever is closest, ”Has Detective Tatsuo said anything else?” he asks wondering who resurrected him from the dead.
Yellow Dragon Ledger
OOC Comments
Languages: N:Class-Chinese/Mandarin,English, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Japanese, Hindi/Urdu, Dragonese
P.P.E.: 452/452| H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 753/753 AR: 16 Save vs. Awe/Horror:14 (16) for words spoken and each attack against Sentinel

Sentinel Prime

Ectype 1

Ectype 2
Location: At Occult shop in Century Station for a lead on magical resources.

Ectype 3

Ectype 4

Ectype 5

Ectype 6

Ectype 7
ImageImage
Crucible

Post by Crucible »

rolls carried

As Detective Tatsuo rushes off with Brute, Crucible watches them go, a contemplative look on his face.

Let's see, arrives mysteriously, hides his true form, claims to be from an alternate Earth, breaches our security and tries to leave under the cloud of a huff. Yeah, I don't buy it Mister Supernatural being. You are up to something. I foresee a conversation with our head of security in my future.

He looks over at Diomedes and shrugs. Captain Beefcake here has been vetted by CHIMERA, so hopefully he isn't a security risk. See what he knows.

"What do you make of our new guest? Crucible asks nonchalantly, trying to sound more amused than curious as he looks over some of the equipment in the medlab, not that he knew what most of it was.

Eye of Odin
Diomedes

Post by Diomedes »

(rolls carried)
Lenok wrote:Looks around at the people of the room, and then at Diomedes. *Sigh* With a blank face he speaks, if he see's anyone else that seems to understand what he is saying he will stop dead in his tracks. "Nee, ik haw noait bekend makke hokker ras fan draak foar har. D'r is gjin punt yn om se te fertellen, De mearderheid fan 'e minsken fan dizze wrâld is meast yn steat om ús te skieden fan in skieding fan' e wyn. Neffens tekens fan heritdge, Wêrom op ierde toane jo har jo tatoeaazjes en fertelle se dat se Magysk binne? Wat is der bard mei it hâlden fan 'e keunst fan' e magyske tatoeaazjes in geheim? Nee, ik sil net gean nei in djip geheim om jo wantrouwen op te wekken. Wat jout jo it rjocht om dat fertrouwen te brekken en derfan yn 't iepen te sprekken?"
Dragonese
"No, I never disclosed what race of dragon to them. There is no point in telling them, The majority of the humans of this world are mostly incapable of distinguishing us from a serpent of the wind. As per marks of heritage, Why on earth are you showing them your tattoo's and telling them they are Magical? What happened to keeping the art of the magic tattoo's a secret? No I am not going to go brandishing a deep secret to relieve your distrust. What gives you the right to break that trust and Speak of it in the open?"
The True Atlantean looks quizzically at the man. What is he talking about, what secret? Do not the Splugorth, who stole the knowledge from both True Atlanteans and the Chiang-Ku use it openly on the poor humans they have enslaved. Marketing them as semi-domesticated attack animals for sale to the highest bidder?

Diomedes replies with a bit of incredulity, "Wêr hast it oer? Myn minsken hawwe al mear dan tsien milennia iepenloft tattoo -magy brûkt yn ús oarloch tsjin 'e undead. Wy hawwe de breedte reizge fan 'e ferkenning mei mear fersen. In protte fan myn minsken hawwe magyske tatoeaazjes op har gesicht en hals. It is gjin magy dy't wy tafallich diele, mar it is amper in geheim dat wy hâlde. It is gjin gewoane magy, dat ik it iens bin, en ik twifelje dat de measte minsken ree binne it proses te fernearen as se ienris witte hoefolle fysike en mentale pine se feroarsaakje. Yn alle gefallen sille dizze minsken, myn nije team en meikoarten freonen, my dizze tatoeaazjes brûke om se en har wrâld te ferdigenjen. Ik ferbergje my net yn 'e skaden, myn wurk is om se en de kweade wêzens dy't yn har wenje te ferbannen.

As jo de wierheid fan jo wurden net sille demonstrearje, dan sil ik wachtsje en jo dieden besjen."
What are you talking about? My people have been using tattoo magic openly for over ten millenia in our war against the undead. We've traveled the breadth of the multi-verse explorering. Many of my people have magical tattoos on their face and neck. It is not a magic that we casually share, but it is hardly a secret that we keep. It is not a common magic, that I agree, and I doubt most humans would be willing to endure the process once they know the amount of physical and mental pain they cause. In any event, these people, my new team and soon to be friends, will see me use these tattoos to defend them and their world. I do not hide in the shadows, my work is to banish them and the evil creatures that dwell within them.

If you will not demonstrate the truth of your words, then I will wait and watch your deeds.
With that he turns away from the smaller man and walks out of the med lab and stands in the hallway. Is this not what Thámnos just said to me? Damn it.

His knowledge gives his claim some credence about being what he claims. Perhaps, here in this relatively low magical dimension, he has no real knowledge of what has happened since the fall of Atlantis. He may have been trapped here.

With the discussion comes to the Splugorth and Space Nazis (whatever that is), Diomedes stays silent. Tom's accurate description of some of the minion classes raises his opinion of the man a couple of notches. He has some knowledge of the greater evils that exist.

When Crucible comes into work his magic in the medlab, he watches unsure of what impact it will have on him. He is definitely not 'normal', but he is a mortal. The Undead Slayer knows that his aura is that of a minor supernatural being, albiet, a good one. If he is affected, he feels the tingle and compulsion to leave the area and does so.
Crucible wrote:He looks over at Diomedes and shrugs. Captain Beefcake here has been vetted by CHIMERA, so hopefully he isn't a security risk. See what he knows.

"What do you make of our new guest? Crucible asks nonchalantly, trying to sound more amused than curious as he looks over some of the equipment in the medlab, not that he knew what most of it was.
"He may be what he claims, but I do not know for sure. I should be considered as much an unknown as he is. There is away to prove the veracity of his claims, but he has refused. Everyone here has preternatural abilities, some of which border on the supernatural, yourself included. Chastity, Clint, Thámnos," he looks around guiltily, "I mean Maia, and the newcomer, L...Detective Tatuso all appear to have the ability to alter their appearance to some degree. Shape-changers often use their abilities to take advantage of others, so it is a cause for concern. However, when Agent Apizza informed me that I was joining the Omegas, he said you are all considered heroes. Knowing that, I must set aside any preconceived judgements and believe we all wish to do good. If the Detective has ill intent, we shall see soon enough."
Diomedes, EP Record

CHIMERA
Assistant Game Master

Post by CHIMERA »

A Brief Chat
The Omega Base, Retropolis
Date: Wednesday, April 8th, 2043
Weather: Cloudy, cool and humid (60 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 9:45 am

Before Lenok (9:10 - 9:14)
Brute wrote:"Well I'm not sure we're much of an upgrade from a petting zoo with a tree and a snake on the roster, but sounds like you're definitely one of us. If I can help with anything just holler -- I did some PR-type studies in college and might even remember just enough to be useful."
Amanda Davos steps out of the control room to continue her conversation with Barricade and Sicilia. Amanda gets a chuckle from Tom's joke and says, "I'll be sure to call you when I need someone to write a quip for a press conference."
Sicilia wrote:I hope you don't mind, but I might be slithering on your toes a bit. My name is Sicilia, and though I'm an Omega member now, I was a journalist for the Century Station Observer. Don't know if I'm on quite your level, but an extra tail always helps no?
She then turns to Sicilia, "Speaking of which, I've read some of your pieces. Not bad for a beat reporter. While it's going to be hard to maintain a career in journalism while being on the team, I can arrange for you to write the occasional op-ed piece. That will be good PR for the team"

The two talk a little more about local newspapers and blogs as Dr. Lang takes Barricade to the infirmary. In the War Room, Diomedes boldly reveals his Atlantean background. Those that are familiar with Atlantis's history raise there concerns. Diomedes decides to confront Barricade and Maia on this point, and somehow manages to allay their fears. For now.

The same cannot be said for Wi-Fi, whose projects and questions concern Gizmo.
Wi-Fi wrote:"I am aware of that rule, Gizmo. I get told that daily, and I do remember what I had for breakfast. It will be worn OVER the omega suit unless that rule has changed too. How many times do I need to say that?"
"Well if you were told nah t' tamper with the suits then why d'you have designs for armor inserts inta the bleedin' things?," Gizmo asks scanning the projects that Wi-Fi has already loaded onto the Omega Base's servers. He grimaces, clearly not impressed by the designs. "I see the sketches for yer coveralls too, but they look half-baked as well."
Wi-Fi wrote:"Perhaps you can answer me something else. What exactly can you do skill-wise? The name gives a general idea but specifics can vary from individual to individual and before you get all offended or act like I am interrogating you I just met you and do not know you. It is just a legit question about your talents. I am Wi-Fi by the way."
"I know ye, Ms. Ellison. Read up on yer file 'fore I arrived. If ye knew about the Omega's history, ye'd know about the power gloves I made a while back. Powerful bit of tech, if I do say. So ye might say I fancy meself a tinkerer."
Wi-Fi wrote:"That should get optimum coverage, too bad I didn't have a lighter material than Flak jackets to work with..."
Gizmo's eyes glaze for a moment as he tries to assemble the pieces that Wi-Fi puts on the display. "There are several critical flaws in yer designs. Let's go over 'em..." Before Gizmo starts to discuss Wi-Fi's tinkering plans, Lenok arrives and nearly everyone runs to the Armory.

In the Time of Lenok (9:15 - onwards)
The following follows Dr. Lang and Lenok to the medical bay: Barricade, Brute, Carla, Diomedes, Iron Maiden, Sentinel, and Wi-Fi. Trent and Amanda stay behind with the others. Amused, Crucible asks the new staff how surreal is this scene.
Crucible wrote:"So how much legal precedence is there for an alternate reality version of somebody who is dead?"
Trent thinks about it for a moment. "Well, 'normally,'" he replies making air quotes with his fingers, "when someone arrives from a different dimension or parallel universe, they are detained until the government can give them a verified identity. You know, approximate a birth date, issue proper ID, make sure they aren't bringing any dangerous materials or energies with, so on. I've helped a few clients in the public defender's office navigate the process. But I've never met someone who traveled to a dimension where they were already dead. I guess, the first thing we'll need to do is verify that he is an alternate version of this Tetsuo guy."

Downstairs, Wi-Fi continues to argue, incorrectly, that she can use her psionic powers to draw blood. At the suggestion, Dr. Lang shakes his head and politely corrects her one final time,"As the medical expert, let me assure you, the ability to perform psychic surgery cannot be used to break skin, not even normal skin. I'd strongly recommend that you not to try to perform any surgery without a doctor on hand. And for that matter, please stay out of the infirmary unless you need treatment."

Wi-Fi takes the hint and goes back to the R&D lab to discuss her projects with Gizmo.* While Lang draws blood, the others talk aloud and get to know each other a little more. The Omegas present introduce themselves, some in Japanese, some successfully. At some point, Brute calls down Crucible to cast a defensive spell. Dr. Lang stiffens when he hears Crucible explain what the spell does. "I'm sorry, but I cannot perform my work with you all conducting business like this," he says, preventing Crucible from beginning his incantation. He then chases everyone but Lenok and Carla out of the medical bay.

With some peace and quiet, the doctor is able to finish his work. He swivels on his chair and says to Lenok, "We don't have the original Lenok's DNA on file, so I can't say for sure if you two are... or were the same people. But otherwise your story seems to check out. You definitely have dragon DNA. And I'm also finding the normal background radiation for someone who has traveled through a Rift."

"Thanks doc," Carla says as she leads Lenok out of the infirmary. At the same time, Wi-Fi leaves the R&D lab; Gizmo is still setting up equipment and insists that it will be easier if he is alone to do it. The three go up to the common room, where they join the other Omegas. Upstairs, Lenok decides to be more transparent about his identity, and reveals he is a dragon to some of the others.**

WHAT DO YOU DO?

* I'll post on tinkering at the end of the week
** While Crucible wasn't able to cast the spell as he intended, the conversations posted afterwards largely played out the same way. This means you can assume that Lenok shared this information as intended.
Lenok
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Lenok »

CHIMERA wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:17 am "We don't have the original Lenok's DNA on file, so I can't say for sure if you two are... or were the same people. But otherwise your story seems to check out. You definitely have dragon DNA. And I'm also finding the normal background radiation for someone who has traveled through a Rift."

"Thanks doc," Carla says as he leads Lenok out of the infirmary. At the same time, Wi-Fi leaves the R&D lab; Gizmo is still setting up equipment and insists that it will be easier if he is alone to do it. The three go up to the common room, where they join the other Omegas. Upstairs, Lenok decides to be more transparent about his identity, and reveals he is a dragon to some of the others.**

WHAT DO YOU DO?

* I'll post on tinkering at the end of the week
** While Crucible wasn't able to cast the spell as he intended, the conversations posted afterwards largely played out the same way. This means you can assume that Lenok shared this information as intended.
Blinks when Dr Lang says they don't have Lenoks DNA on file. Seems lost for a moment looking down and shocked "Did he not get a DNA check to find out of Miho was his daughter? Did this worlds Lenok even have a daughter and son, or EITHER!? I can't imagine a world where they didn't exist." Leo says aloud, but obviously to himself. He get's up in a sort of numb state, and to follow Brute where ever he leads him.

JIC Rolls: 1D20
1d20: [18] = 18
1d20: [4] = 4
1d20: [16] = 16

JIC Rolls: 1D100
1d100: [67] = 67
1d100: [15] = 15
1d100: [61] = 61
Lenok
Wi-Fi
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Wi-Fi »

Perception: 1d100: [1] = 1 / 62%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [17] = 17 | 1d100: [54] = 54

"Hmm he probably got his degree in a cracker jack box or from a bag of Doritos. I'll just clear thing up later once things settle down." the mutant thinks. Her concerns about the surprise knowledge of AI and Genetics had her concerned about her past. Blue Cove Delaware was rumored to be a place of some interest in regards to Genetics. The local company was rumored to be a testing and breeding ground for super soldiers and metahumans. Something she told by her uncle as he was dying on the hospital bed in one of his fits of incoherence. This made the woman want to learn more about Bluecove and Genetics companies in that town. Her mother according to her uncle worked for one and the housefire was never fully explained. Setting her computer to search for all it could find on Bluecove she sets her mind to other tasks.

"Lets see the current status of the Land warrior armor.," she said aloud and looks that up. Calling in for a suit of that would give her a good head start and model to work with. If she could get it improved enough might even be able to make friends with the military. The army had good stuff, it was not all built to last but good ideas she could use. She puts in a request for a few suits. Three or four and expects only a pair. but if she did get four it would be nice. they were not as top tech now so they should have something similar. The spider bots following her last order to follow her were in the room and once more seeking hiding spots or at the charger as she types up the request and a certain spider was looking at her foot..
1d100: [38] = 38 /computer operation 113%
"the suit will need small sensors to reduce weight..." she thought aloud, "the spider bots sensor package! why reinvent the wheel? there is 5 models here to get a base program. Let just hope my router and computer don't try stub my toe in the morning..." she frowned at the fact a solution was directly in front of her. As she looked sown Stubby was about to do his thing and she picked him up.

"I need to scan you and the preciously tiny sensor network of yours. stay there..." and places the bot on the desk and focused on Stubby as two other spider bot looked on. she would do a couple of scans just to be safe. Once done scanning Stubby lets him go back to his roaming around and whatever else they did. It was surprising to some and her at first how they practiced patterns and skills they were taught and this also struck her as a way use that Dumb Ai to create an operating system for the harness. It would be nice to be able to give it a command to perform basic functions like play back, record and similar non-hacking jobs. Teaching them radio basic and speech of a sort was possible. It would need to Binary or Morse code since the little buggers did not have any voice transmitters. something else to tackle in addition to toughening them up with armor or at least some sort protection. Better to get a look at how the AI operated first before trying anything. So may as well check Stubby's AI as well. She might even figure out why it disliked her toes. Maybe toe envy? She knew why he tabbed around for magnetic objects. Real spiders could spin two types of webs. A sticky trap web and a non sticky walking web. For one enjoyed tech she was learning about nature and spider in particular.

Telemechanics scan
1d100: [56] = 56 /80%
1d100: [52] = 52 /80%
Artificial Intelligence
1d100: [57] = 57 /89%
1d100: [86] = 86 /89%
Last edited by Wi-Fi on Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
If my post is too stupidly written to read...ask me for a translation or hit me up in Hangouts.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
TRS-13

Features:
• 12 attachment points
Attachment points can be utilized to carry 1 each of the following item types: sidearm, magazine, E-clip, grenade, canteen, food ration pack, minor items or individual tools.

Omega Field Kit
(2) Dosimeter clip badge
(20) Disposable gloves
(30) Evidence bags
First Aid Kit
Flashlight
Fold-able gas mask
Multitool
(5) Signal flares
(6) Zip ties

Shock Gloves:
• Damage: None. This gloves discharge an energy charge that short circuits the nervous system. Victims are dazed, -10 to strike, parry and dodge for 2d4 melee rounds.
A successful saving throw means the person has successfully fought off the effect and is unimpaired. Roll to save against each strike. Saving throw versus toxins.

OOC Comments
Nest Handgun.gif
Firearms1.png
  • Range:
    • Damage:
      • Shotgun shells:
      • Features:
        Features:
        -top venting helps compensate for recoil by pushing down during weapon discharge
        -bottom-mounted camera and mic to record combat to identify targets after they are gone or turned into a bloody mist. also for scouting or looking under hard-to-reach spots.
        (pg. 345, Main book)

4. Flashlight
Sicilia

Post by Sicilia »

Perception: 1d100: [15] = 15 / 54%
JiC d100: 1d100: [46] = 46 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [7] = 7

-- PrLE (Pre-Lenok Era) --
CHIMERA wrote:She then turns to Sicilia, "Speaking of which, I've read some of your pieces. Not bad for a beat reporter. While it's going to be hard to maintain a career in journalism while being on the team, I can arrange for you to write the occasional op-ed piece. That will be good PR for the team."

The two talk a little more about local newspapers and blogs as Dr. Lang takes Barricade to the infirmary.
Don't expect to be writing full-time, Sicilia responds cheerily, clearly encouraged by Amanda's familiarity with her work, Just want to pitch in from time-to-time. I may be an Omega fighter and all now, but that doesn't stop me from doing what I love! She taps her chin with her tail thoughtfully. Well, besides hunting. That's hard enough to do in a city like CS when you've got spare time, let alone when you're busy fighting crime on the government's dime. But reporting I can still do!

-- PoLE (Post-Lenok Era) --
Crucible wrote:"Names define us. What we chose to accept to be called defines us just as much as what we want to be called." Matthew responds, rather enigmatically and possibly pretentiously. "Are you going by Sicilia when we are on mission? or have you chosen a nom de guere to be known as? Magical abilities is one way to define it. Some of what I do is as natural to me as breathing... but some of it requires what would generally be considered to be magical spells." He concentrates for a second and suddenly a small glowing orb appears, hovering just above Matthew's shoulder. He makes it move around the room slowly, the room becoming a lot brighter as he does so.

"As we are discussing names, call me Matthew when we aren't in the field. or Lieutenant Bennett if you need something formal to call me. Is it only telepathically that you can speak?" he asks with a curious tone, scratching his chin, "what happens if you need to speak on an intercom or via the comms system?"

"You were one of the journalists who attended our presentation? Did you just do interviews or did you do an investigative journalism?" The British Army's relationship with the press wasn't always brilliant. Having a major newspaper fake photos of British soldiers for torturing civilians tends to set a poor tone that still hasn't entirely gone away.
Sicilia thinks on that a moment. Can't say I've really thought about that much. I was given my name, it's all I've ever gone by, really. She thinks of her mentor and dean. I fully respect the person who gave it to me. It fits. In Crucible's mind, she responds with a straight-forward, but positive, tone, Sicilia is my only name. No covers, no secret identity schtick that some heroes have. Just my legally given name. As the mage demonstrates his abilities, Sicilia nods, taking notes on what he can do, her reptilian eyes flashing in the light of the Globe.

As he mentions the name he prefers, Sicilia notes that on her tablet as well, making sure to memorize it. Matthew it is, then. If you don't mind, I might call you Matt in a pinch. At his question on her telepathy, the snake nods her head, the surprisingly human gesture odd on such a serpentine form. I can "speak" to everyone in a few hundred feet or so at once, or narrow it down to a single person. As long as I know they're in range, I can talk to them, don't need to make eye contact or anything like that. You can "hear" me clearly over any outside noise as well, which I've been told is both helpful and occasionally annoying. As for intercoms and radios... She shakes her head. No luck there, unfortunately. I can text, though.

The serpent raises her tail in mock offense as he asks what he did during the event. The one with the giant lizards, right? If I recall, I jumped in and helped instead of coiling on the sidelines taking notes. I think I even shouted at you all once or twice during that. She lowers her tail, amusement in her mental voice.
Sicilia
Gear and Current Status
Quick Stats

Omega Suit v3.1.7
S.D.C.:

Modifiers:

Features:
  • Anti-Tamper system
  • Tail mounted computer - allows real-time tracking of Omega agents in the field

-Natural A.R. 16
-S.D.C.:
-Normal punches, kicks, knives, swords, clubs, bullets, and similar deal no damage regardless of strike roll
-Extraordinary, Superhuman P.S. deal quarter damage with strike roll below 17, deal full damage on 17+ strike roll
-Supernatural P.S. deals half damage with strike roll below 17, deals full damage on 17+ strike roll
-Fire, plasma, electricity, laser, energy bolts deal half damage with strike roll below 17, deal full damage on 17+ strike roll
-Impervious to cold
-Resistant to heat: 200 degrees F or below deals no damage, half damage between 201-299 degrees F, full damage at 300+ degrees F
-AP bullets, explosives rounds, grenades and light explosives deal half damage with strike roll below 17, deal full damage on 17+ strike roll
-Powerful explosions, infernos with blast-furnace like heat (300+ degrees F), hurricanes, earthquakes do full damage and do not require a strike roll

-Weight is tripled
-Fatigues at half rate

Tom Cassidy

Post by Tom Cassidy »

Perception: 1d100<63: [15*] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [1] = 1 / 1d100: [93] = 93
Brute wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:15 am"All right - they sound like Bad News. Later on we'll get a report on everything you guys know about them and submit it to CHIMERA. They seem like something we should watch for, so they don't take us by surprise."
"I'll happily tell you everything I know and share pics I took," Tom nods. "I'm no spellcaster, but this reality doesn't feel quite as... well, quite as magical as the other one, so they may not have much interest. But knowing who and what they are would still be helpful 'just in case.'"

And God help us if they ever do show up... he adds to himself.
Lenok wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:23 pm"Oh....you didn't know....well....now I feel a bit... over dramatic. If you check your files, it should show your Tatsuo was a Dragon/human hybrid and a mutant at that. I can plainly see it wasn't intentional, I apologize for assuming it was. But in reality, I do really need to start investigating and tracking down the jackass who hurt my little girl. Which has me on a bit of a edge to be honest at the moment. I don't know if any of you are also parents, but one kid missing, and another hurt, I'm already not in the right head at the moment.....No I don't have more than one head, it's just a expression."
So he is a dragon... Tom sighs to himself. Dragons. Why does it always have to be dragons. But he hasn't tried to kill me or send me into another dimension yet, so that's a plus. "I'm not very knowledgeable regarding our files yet; I haven't been here long myself and I've had a lot of catching up to do overall. So... a dragon-human hybrid, you say? I thought those were the stuff of fantasy novels and RPG games..." he facepalms almost as soon as he gets the words out of his mouth. "Of course, this is coming from the same guy who thought True Atlantean Undead Slayers weren't real either. I guess that's just another thing I've been proven wrong about today. Sorry about that." He turns to Brute. "He's got a point though -- maybe some briefing sessions are in order? Maybe about former Omegas and their current status? Could come in handy the next time an ex-Omega shows up unannounced."
CHIMERA wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:17 amDr. Lang stiffens when he hears Crucible explain what the spell does. "I'm sorry, but I cannot perform my work with you all conducting business like this," he says, preventing Crucible from beginning his incantation. He then chases everyone but Lenok and Carla out of the medical bay.
Tom laughs in spite of everything. "You know you're in trouble when the doctor kicks you out. Sorry, Doc, I promise we'll play nicer with each other next time." On the way out he walks over to Diomedes. "So... the Splugorth... in the dimension where I was 'sidetracked' the scuttlebutt was that Atlantis suddenly re-appeared in the Atlantic when all magical hell broke loose during the -- what did they call it? Oh yeah, the 'Great Cataclysm' I think it was -- and the Splugorth took it over as their base of operations. Any of that sound familiar to you? Or did things happen differently where you were?"
Diomedes

Post by Diomedes »

Perception: 1d100: [25] = 25 vs 32% +30% vs Vampires/Undead, +20% Demons/Monsters
JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13 , 1d100: [20] = 20

• Natural AR: 13
  • H.P..: 249/249
  • S.D.C.: 107/107
  • P.P.E.: 270/270
  • Spd: 75'/action

Three Eyes | 40 min | Night vision 1200', See the Invisible, See Aura | +1 Initiative/Strike

Vampire Hunting Abilities
  • Bonuses when fighting Vampires: +15% Perception vs Undead, +2 Initiative, +1 Strike/Parry/Dodge, +2 Strike Impale/Stake the heart, +2 vs Insanity +3 vs HF (Vampires, Protectors and summoned animals) +1 Possession
  • Gut Feelings, Hunches and Realizations Involving Vampires
  • Bad Feeling that something is not right: 55% (+5%) - On success +1 Initiative and +5% Perception
  • Feeling that vampires are around or exerting control and influence over a community--72% (+3%)
  • Finding and recognizing evidence of the undead's presence or involvement--72% (+3%)
  • Hunch that someone is a vampire servant, henchman or assassin--60% (+5%)
  • Recognize Vampire Mind Slave--72% (+3%)
  • Recognize Wild Vampire--96% (+3%)
  • Recognize Secondary Vampire--72% (+3%)
  • Recognize Master Vampire--62% (+3%)
  • Guess Vampire's lair based on knowledge of undead and reports of vampire's activities and other evidence--32% (+3%)
  • Find actual lair or coffin at suspected location--57% (+3%)
  • Lore: Vampires 82% (+3%)
  • Vampire Combat: Knows all vampire weakness, vulnerabilities, tactics, methods of attack, defenses, etc.
    • Resistance vs Vampire Seduction: +3 vs Pheromone-based trance (+1 @ 7, 11, 15)
      Resistance vs Vampire Mind Control: +1
      Resistance vs Vampire Hypnotic Suggestion: +2
  • Sense Vampires: Automatic 600', cannot pinpoint location
  • Command Trust and Leadership
  • Calm and direct civilians: 50/level
  • Settle nerves of a small squad fighting force: 10+1d6/level. On success all non-Undead Slayers receive +1 Initiative, +1 Horror Factor if Undead Slayer within 250'
Standing around next to Crucible, Diomedes looks around at who else is in the room, he says Matthew, "Friend Matthew, you have a golem. Those are difficult to craft. Was that your work?" It's even painted! A true artisan sculpted those features. He looks over at Tom while pointing across the room, "And who is that woman arguing with the doctor? She is on the team as well? Are there any other Omega team members that I haven't met yet?"

With the ice broken, Diomedes continues the conversation, "When I was working with Agent Apizza, he provide
well a prison cell, not that Diomedes noticed since he never felt constrained by it.
in a lower level of his base. They were quite luxurious compared to what I am used to with just being out in the wilderness hunkered down under a lean-to. Is it the same here, where this is where we stay as well as work?"
He holds up his bag of belongings, "It would be great to have a place to store these items before they get ruined."
Diomedes, EP Record

Maia

Post by Maia »

JIC: 1d20: [11] = 11 , 1d100: [14] = 14
PER: 1d100: [10] = 10 vs. 21%

After a busy day tending to her garden, interspersed with snippets of conversation with any of the others who swing by, Maia decides that she has waited too long. Much to learn, with or without the others. So, she decides to go for a walk. Leaving her tree, she does a circuit of the block around the Omega base- getting to know any other local flora or fauna that might be in the area. It’s only polite, after all; they’re neighbors now. If anyone spots her as she leaves, she will mutter something about ”STRETCHING. VINES.”
SAY MY NAME, INSECTS
Passive abilities: See infrared/ultraviolet (range 450ft.).
2/4 healing touches today; 800/930 SDC remaining.
Lenok
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Lenok »

Lenok begins looking around the base trying to get the layout of the building, while keeping a eye out for familiar faces. Walks down corridor 34, then 37, 39, and 38, realizing he is at a dead end he turns back and crosses the room 34 corridor again and goes into the hangar, and takes the elevator at mark 23. When he gets up to the layout seems more familiar, at least in how it is decorated and setup. Travelling through the only visible doorway, into the public conference room he looks around a bit before going through the other door into the common room (32).

While exploring the common room, he catches eye of the pool through the doorway to area 21. ~They have a pool? Well these Omega's certainly have better accommodations than my did. That brute guy did say they had two based before this one though.~ Walks through the door way and that's when he notices the statues of the fallen omega's. He stops, and slowly walks over to stand in the middle, looking at his lost comrades. Some he knew personally, some he barely knew or not at all, showing just how different the two time lines and dimensions are in comparison. his eyes focus on Mason, and he remembers his sarcastic gruff nature, always by Lexie's side. Shifting his gave to Spectre, remembering when they met, and his somewhat shyness. He looks over at Titan, and remember meeting him, just as him and Miho were leaving for Japan. glad he doesn't see Empire, Lexie, or Aegis's statues, indicating they made it out alive, He see's the twins statues. ~Damn, both of them? They were barely lucky enough to land her, and then they died while trying to basically earn their freedom for having crash landed on the wrong planet. Damn it, I really hate society sometimes.~

He gets to Steele's statue. ~Wow, I haven't thought about her in years. Took me a long time to stop blaming myself for her decisions, hope where ever you are, you've got a do over.~

JIC rolls: D20's
1d20: [10] = 10
1d20: [7] = 7
1d20: [13] = 13

JIC rolls: D100's
1d100: [52] = 52
1d100: [26] = 26
1d100: [55] = 55
Lenok
Crucible

Post by Crucible »

Perception Bonus: 34%/59% to recognise the arcane 1d100: [29] = 29
jic 1d100: [59] = 59 1d20: [3] = 3
Sicilia wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:27 am Sicilia is my only name. No covers, no secret identity schtick that some heroes have. Just my legally given name.
"Probably be a bit redundant, but it can be about how you want to present yourself to the world," Matthew suggests, shrugging his shoulders,"or do what feels right for you. Brave new world, do what you want!"

Sicilia wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:27 am As he mentions the name he prefers, Sicilia notes that on her tablet as well, making sure to memorize it. Matthew it is, then. If you don't mind, I might call you Matt in a pinch. At his question on her telepathy, the snake nods her head, the surprisingly human gesture odd on such a serpentine form. I can "speak" to everyone in a few hundred feet or so at once, or narrow it down to a single person. As long as I know they're in range, I can talk to them, don't need to make eye contact or anything like that. You can "hear" me clearly over any outside noise as well, which I've been told is both helpful and occasionally annoying. As for intercoms and radios... She shakes her head. No luck there, unfortunately. I can text, though.
"Don't call me Matt please," Matthew responds, his voice slightly harsher

"I hope you are a fast texter.
Sicilia wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:27 am The serpent raises her tail in mock offense as he asks what he did during the event. The one with the giant lizards, right? If I recall, I jumped in and helped instead of coiling on the sidelines taking notes. I think I even shouted at you all once or twice during that. She lowers her tail, amusement in her mental voice.
"Actually, the fight wasn't the interesting element to me. Your skills as a journalist were what I was interested in talking to you about, hence why I brought it up. Not everything is about the fighting." Matthew explains, looking to get near the crux of the matter. At this point, Matthew gets the communication from Brute and has to bail.

"Catch up with you later!"
CHIMERA wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:17 am "I'm sorry, but I cannot perform my work with you all conducting business like this," he says, preventing Crucible from beginning his incantation. He then chases everyone but Lenok and Carla out of the medical bay.
"Doctors and god complex," Matthew smirks out in the corridor, "I mean I could still cast the spell. Not as if I am required to be in there to do so." He sighs and decides what the hell, he can wait. Instead, he reaches into his pocket and pulls out an assortment of what appears to be random tat. Picking through it, he lifts up a small feather token and holds it in front of him. He concentrates for several seconds and though nothing is visible to most people, those who can sense it feel a sudden massive burst of magical energy being released. Came down here to cast a spell, so its not the one originally intended but I'm sure we can come up with a use for it.
OOC Comments
casts Talisman
Diomedes wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:21 pm "He may be what he claims, but I do not know for sure. I should be considered as much an unknown as he is. There is away to prove the veracity of his claims, but he has refused. Everyone here has preternatural abilities, some of which border on the supernatural, yourself included. Chastity, Clint, Thámnos," he looks around guiltily, "I mean Maia, and the newcomer, L...Detective Tatuso all appear to have the ability to alter their appearance to some degree. Shape-changers often use their abilities to take advantage of others, so it is a cause for concern. However, when Agent Apizza informed me that I was joining the Omegas, he said you are all considered heroes. Knowing that, I must set aside any preconceived judgements and believe we all wish to do good. If the Detective has ill intent, we shall see soon enough."
"Thamnos? Is Maia somebody whom you have actually met before or is it the species you know?" Matthew is curious about that. The motives of the tree spirit weren't entirely clear and the likelihood of violence quite high until they knew more.

"Agent Apizzo was presumably meaning the people whom he knew to be here that he was vouching for. This person appears out of nowhere, claims to be a dead person, who is a shapeshifter and we are supposed to buy that? Even if he is genetically the same person, the multiverse theory would suggest that he might not be the same person personality wise." Matthew doesn't hide the distrust in his voice, his training kicking in and distrust of certain things he considered to be a threat seeping in. That always put him on a heightened sense of alertness. Mentally, he orders Silver, his familiar, to keep an eye on Lenok for him.
Diomedes wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:25 pm Standing around next to Crucible, Diomedes looks around at who else is in the room, he says Matthew, "Friend Matthew, you have a golem. Those are difficult to craft. Was that your work?" It's even painted! A true artisan sculpted those features. He looks over at Tom while pointing across the room, "And who is that woman arguing with the doctor? She is on the team as well? Are there any other Omega team members that I haven't met yet?"
"Golem, what do you mean? We haven't got a Golem that I'm aw..." Matthew sounds confused; it was a spell he wanted to learn, but he hadn't done so yet. Then the scales fell from his eyes.

"Wait, do you mean Sentinel? He does not exactly count as a Golem. He is ..." Matthew stops to consider his words, "you know what, I think it best coming from him. Be careful though, you might end up listening to his life story for a few hours." He looks to where Diomedes is pointing and shows sign of recognition.

"The woman who was arguing with the Doctor is Wi-Fi. She is the second in command around here and leads Bravo team. She's a psychic and has a penchant for technology and robotic spiders. Rook is missing, spending some quality times with a loved one. Other than that, I think we're all here on base. Sicilia is upstairs and you can't miss her when you spot her. All the others are new, well mostly, to us as well."
Diomedes wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:25 pm With the ice broken, Diomedes continues the conversation, "When I was working with Agent Apizza, he provide in a lower level of his base. They were quite luxurious compared to what I am used to with just being out in the wilderness hunkered down under a lean-to. Is it the same here, where this is where we stay as well as work?" He holds up his bag of belongings, "It would be great to have a place to store these items before they get ruined."
Matthew nods to say yes; the idea of living where you work being something he had been used to for well over a decade when he'd be at Regimental Headquarters. Whilst there was a relaxation of strict military protocol when it came to the magic unit, it wasn't anywhere this informal.

"We've got a whole batch of empty rooms. Pick one you fancy that isn't occupied. That's what I did. The biggest one is Brute's but there are plenty spare. In terms of numbers, we're still under strength."

Eye of Odin
Brute
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Post by Brute »

Perception 51% 1d100: [88] = 88

JIC: 1d20: [12] = 12
JIC: 1d100: [87] = 87
Lenok wrote:"Did he not get a DNA check to find out of Miho was his daughter? Did this worlds Lenok even have a daughter and son, or EITHER!? I can't imagine a world where they didn't exist."
Transforming back to his human form, Clint places a hand on Lenok's shoulder. "The Omega base burned down after Miho Adai left. It's possible the DNA records went up with it if they hadn't been digitized yet. It's... also possible they've been classified above our pay grade."

Given what you are... they likely saw good reason to keep that, and your relationship to Miho, very secret.

Clint will walk with Lenok as he begins to tour the facility, and answer any questions that may arise.

Barricade wrote:"I'll happily tell you everything I know and share pics I took," Tom nods. "I'm no spellcaster, but this reality doesn't feel quite as... well, quite as magical as the other one, so they may not have much interest. But knowing who and what they are would still be helpful 'just in case.'"
Clint nods. "After my own foray into the future-slash-alternate dimension, I wrote a pretty long report on what I'd seen and submitted it. I'm sure CHIMERA would love to have some corroboration to prove I'm not insane." He smiles.

"I mean, apart from Sentinel... but... really. He's made of clay, so I'm not sure how well he can vouch for my sanity... officially."
Diomedes wrote:"When I was working with Agent Apizza, he provide in a lower level of his base. They were quite luxurious compared to what I am used to with just being out in the wilderness hunkered down under a lean-to. Is it the same here, where this is where we stay as well as work? It would be great to have a place to store these items before they get ruined."
Clint nods, smiling at the newcomer. "We all have chambers here. Early on in the team some of the members experimented with living apart from the team, but it adversely impacted our ability to quickly respond to situations. So we do ask that everyone live here. It's a good deal, after all. Accommodations are top-notch, and free, and you get fed and have access to plenty of rec activities in your downtime if you want to use them. I can show you to an empty room for you to rack down in."

Clint will show Diomedes and Lenok to rooms that they can claim.
Crucible wrote:"We've got a whole batch of empty rooms. Pick one you fancy that isn't occupied. That's what I did. The biggest one is Brute's but there are plenty spare. In terms of numbers, we're still under strength."
Clint smiles. "The biggest one is supposed to be the team leader's, but I never moved when I got promoted. I thought I'd put Lenok in there in case he wants to stretch out sometime."

If it'd even hold him at his bigger size. I haven't seen it,b ut the reports read he was... sizeable.
Brute
OOC Comments
Normal Form

Monstrous Form

Omega Suit v3.1.7
S.D.C. by Location:

Modifiers:

Features:
  • Anti-Tamper system
Lenok
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Lenok »

Brute wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:07 am
Clint smiles. "The biggest one is supposed to be the team leader's, but I never moved when I got promoted. I thought I'd put Lenok in there in case he wants to stretch out sometime."

If it'd even hold him at his bigger size. I haven't seen it, but the reports read he was... sizeable.
"Actually the larger room had nothing to do with being leader, I just happened to be a leader too, it's cause my true form is 30 long, 15' tall, and about 8000 pounds give or take a hundred. A bit freakish even for my kin, but being a hybrid mutant comes with it's own problems. The Smaller room will be fine, so long as I can stretch out in the hanger from time to time. Lately I have grown a costumed to sleeping in my natural form having spent the last few years around my own kind more frequently"Looking around for a moment..."Say, where is the war room, or a computer terminal, so I can use it to figure out what's going on here, and the difference, I know sometimes dimensional travel can go up or down time lines too, the whole space time being bent thing, might actually need someone to do it for me until my bio-metrics are re-entered into the authorized personal."
Lenok
Brute
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Post by Brute »

(Rolls carried over)
Lenok wrote:"Actually the larger room had nothing to do with being leader, I just happened to be a leader too, it's cause my true form is 30 long, 15' tall, and about 8000 pounds give or take a hundred. A bit freakish even for my kin, but being a hybrid mutant comes with it's own problems. The Smaller room will be fine, so long as I can stretch out in the hanger from time to time. Lately I have grown a costumed to sleeping in my natural form having spent the last few years around my own kind more frequently"
Clint smiles. "Of course. You're welcome to any of the empty rooms. I like the room I'm in, so if you or Edgar don't take the big one it'll remain empty."
Lenok wrote:"Say, where is the war room, or a computer terminal, so I can use it to figure out what's going on here, and the difference, I know sometimes dimensional travel can go up or down time lines too, the whole space time being bent thing, might actually need someone to do it for me until my bio-metrics are re-entered into the authorized personal."
Clint nods. He gestures to the location of the War Room. "War room is there, but also each bedroom has a terminal of its own. Or if you want you can use one of the common room's CityNet terminals. I was just gonna head to the war Room myself in a bit and make sure you and Edgar are given access."
Brute
OOC Comments
Normal Form

Monstrous Form

Omega Suit v3.1.7
S.D.C. by Location:

Modifiers:

Features:
  • Anti-Tamper system
Lenok
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Lenok »

Brute wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:47 am Clint nods. He gestures to the location of the War Room. "War room is there, but also each bedroom has a terminal of its own. Or if you want you can use one of the common room's CityNet terminals. I was just gonna head to the war Room myself in a bit and make sure you and Edgar are given access."
"Ah ok, thanks Brute." Leo then proceeds to the Citynet terminal and starts looking up events that occurred in his time line, looking for posts for news to determine where or more correctly When he is.

Perception 1d100: [49] = 49 or 1d20: [2] = 2
JIC 1d20: [13] = 13
JIC 1d100: [80] = 80
Lenok
Sicilia

Post by Sicilia »

((Rolls held))
Crucible wrote:"Don't call me Matt please," Matthew responds, his voice slightly harsher

"I hope you are a fast texter."
Sicilia nods, noting on her tablet to not short-hand Matthew's name. His name is important to him. I'd better make sure not to get it wrong.

In Crucible's mind, she responds, I have to be. I've gotten quite good at typing, with tongue, tail, and telekinesis. All the t-methods, it seems.
Crucible wrote:"Actually, the fight wasn't the interesting element to me. Your skills as a journalist were what I was interested in talking to you about, hence why I brought it up. Not everything is about the fighting." Matthew explains, looking to get near the crux of the matter. At this point, Matthew gets the communication from Brute and has to bail.

"Catch up with you later!"
Sicilia's eyes brighten up at that, as much as a snake's eyes can. I'd figured most of the Omega's would be more interested in what I can do up front than behind the scenes. I'm glad to be wrong about that! She seems about to reply when Crucible has to go, electing instead to watch him go, leaving a final message in his mind, Will do! I'll get to you about my journalism. Call it an interview!
Sicilia
Gear and Current Status
Quick Stats

Omega Suit v3.1.7
S.D.C.:

Modifiers:

Features:
  • Anti-Tamper system

-Natural A.R. 16
-S.D.C.:
-Impervious to cold

-Weight is tripled
-Fatigues at half rate

Sentinel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Sentinel »

Sentinel Prime

Perception: 1d100: [61] = 61 /85% (+15% to recognizing the arcane,+15% regarding technology)
D20 JiC: 1d20: [17] = 17 D100 JiC: 1d100: [66] = 66

Skills:
⚗+Research 124% 1d100: [85] = 85
Lore: Monsters and Demons 104% 1d100: [88] = 88

Yellow Dragon
OOC Comments
Languages: N:Class-Chinese/Mandarin, English, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Japanese, Hindi/Urdu, Dragonese
P.P.E.: 452/452 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 753/753 AR: 16
Conditions: Immune to Magic, Illusions, Possession, Poison, Drugs, And Disease. Mind Block Auto-Defense. Does not tire. Half damage from Cold. Radiates no heat and is invisible to infrared and heat sensors. Immune to pressure; solid stone. Regenerates 6d6 SDC/Melee. Detect magic (also items), Psionics, Supernatural, Seismic, and Dimensional/Teleportation. He is aware of any technology in his vicinity or targeting him along and senses the presence of surveillance bugs, listening devices, concealed cameras, and spy robots. He is aware of any technology in his vicinity or targeting him along and senses the presence of surveillance bugs, listening devices, concealed cameras, and spy robots.
Awe and/or Horror Factor 14: Enemies must roll a 15 or higher on a twenty-sided die to avoid being momentarily awestruck. A failed roll means the individual loses initiative, one of his melee attacks. In this case, roll each melee round in which the character with the divine aura is attacked or speaks.
A divine radiance coming from Sentinel and his voice is more than a little compelling to those listening.
Abnormal Energy Sense: Sense the Use of Psionics or Magic: Range: 150 feet/level. (1050ft radius)
Base Skill: (roll once every melee round). 84% / 1d100: [13] = 13
Track Abnormal Energy Trail (magic or psionics) Range: 150 feet/level. (1050ft radius)
(roll once every melee round), provided the energy is long-lasting or repeatedly released over and over. 94% / 1d100: [89] = 89
OOC Comments
Can feel when magic or psionic powers are used and can tell whether it is magic or psychic energy (or both), whether it is near or far, and whether the emanations are strong/powerful or weak (i.e. a simple magic spell or a mystic battle or high level). In addition, the super being recognizes enchantment cast upon others (i.e. mystical charms, trances, disguises, etc.), and possession, and can also sense the presence of an enchanted weapon or object that grants its user superpowers or enables its user to cast magic spells, including rune weapons, but again, only when the item is in use or by touch.
Spells:

Butcher Bill:

Sentinel watches from outside the medical bay as Lenok takes off on a tour of the base lead by Brute, I suppose Jackson would say something…but still he arrived the same as CRO left… he decides he will keep an eye on him closely. I should follow up with Detective Smoof. It has been a couple days. Sentinel recalls thinking of the dragons in Metropolis calls forth an ectype to run the errand.

The ectype heads off to find a terminal and sends a message, Greetings Detective Smoof, what have you found in your investigation of the dragons appearing in your city from your contact? Regards, Emperor Qin Chi Zheng. Upon sending the ectype continues his search of the databases for any connections of the name CRO or Lenok to dragons, dimensional travel, and duplicate persona’s as a result of.

”Don’t I have something to do?” he mumbles to himself checking the date. Tomorrow is the full moon… ”Yes.” he continues talking to himself about preparations for April 9th.
Yellow Dragon Ledger
OOC Comments
Languages: N:Class-Chinese/Mandarin,English, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Japanese, Hindi/Urdu, Dragonese
P.P.E.: 452/452| H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 753/753 AR: 16 Save vs. Awe/Horror:14 (16) for words spoken and each attack against Sentinel

Sentinel Prime

Ectype 1

Ectype 2
Location: At Occult shop in Century Station for a lead on magical resources.

Ectype 3

Ectype 4

Ectype 5

Ectype 6

Ectype 7
ImageImage
CHIMERA
Assistant Game Master

Post by CHIMERA »

Taking Care of Wednesday
Date: Thursday, April 8th, 2043
Weather: Cloudy, cool and humid (61 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 10:00 am
Lenok wrote:"Did he not get a DNA check to find out of Miho was his daughter? Did this worlds Lenok even have a daughter and son, or EITHER!? I can't imagine a world where they didn't exist."
At first, Dr. Lang is not sure how to respond. Recognizing the confusion and anguish in the dragon's voice, he adjust his glasses and considers Lenok's questions carefully. "Well I have to admit, it is my first day here, so I'm still getting familiar with the files we have here. But it also seems that CHIMERA didn't transfer over all of the Omega's medical records when they established the new base. I imagine they thought we wouldn't need the records of deceased members."

"I guess they didn't imagine another Lenok would arrive from a parallel dimension," Carla quips. "I know that you had a daughter, but we lost track of her after you died. Presumably she is back in Japan, we can look into this later. And I don't have any records on your son..."

It's not the answer Lenok is looking for, but he will have to accept that this new timeline will be an adjustment. He leaves the medbay with Carla, and then politely excuses himself. She nods and sees he should get familiar with the base while she sorts his situation with CHIMERA. After getting familiar with the new base, Lenok joins Brute and the others in the common room. Brute helps him, and other new member Diomedes get comfortable with the new digs. Meanwhile, Sicilia, Diomedes and Crucible get to know each other better, and Maia gets to know the local fauna. She is particularly impressed by Ms. Buhkova's Polish garden, centered around a large beech tree, it is a carefully curated bit of Eastern Europe in a yard in Retropolis.

Sentinel goes back to the War Room, and there he places a call to Retropolis, and is promptly transferred over to Detective Lester Smoof. In response to Sentinel's questions about the dragons, Smoof replies, "My contacts are refusing to cooperate, which always has me worried. All they said was three older dragons showed up, and then three younger dragons - the Atlantean, Cro, and a hatchling named Mael - disappeared. None of them belonged to an enclave in the area. Sounds like a bunch of elders are trying to get some young punks to grow up, if you ask me. Not much we can do until the dragons show up on our radar again."

In her own room, Wi-Fi attempts to reach out to a company that makes body armor for the military. Her requests for free equipment are flatly refused. Wi-Fi doesn't have any professional contacts with them, and they do not do business with CHIMERA. She then scans her spider bots and gets a deeper understanding of the mechanics of how they walk. If they break, she can make replacement parts and attach them. She does not figure a more effective way of communicating with them.

The Morning News
Date: Thursday, April 9th, 2043
Weather: Sunny and crisp (62 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 9:00 am

The following morning, the Omegas are either finishing breakfast in the dining room or milling around the common room when Carla arrives. She immediately finds Lenok and says, "Good news, the board of directors agreed that you are a valuable asset to the team. With Brute's permission, we'd love to have you join us. We've even figured out how to give you your old identity." She holds up two envelopes. "You have two options: do you want to be the Lenok native to our dimension, who just came out of a mysterious four month coma; or do want to just be a guy who happens to have the same name, birthplace, and general appearance, all a coincidence?" When Lenok makes a decision, she hands him the appropriate envelope. It contains a new driver's license, U.S. passport, Japanese passport, and CHIMERA ID. Just like Diomedes, the photo is atrocious, and Lenok has to wonder if he is actually the same person as the Lenok from this dimension.

Shortly, afterwards, Amanda comes into the room clutching her tablet. "Bad news everyone, there's a video clip going round the internet. You're going to want to see this."

She turns on the TV, and then sends a video clip from her tablet to the big screen. A newsanchor in his mid 40's with wispy pale blonde hair shakes his head and starts to speak, "Disturbing reports of government sanctioned costumed vigilantes are coming out of Megapolis. Body cam footage shows a group known as the Omegas shaking down both police and local criminals."

The video cuts to a scene in a parking lot at KLCD. Wi-Fi and Detective Hoyle square off as Guardian Plus, Iron Maiden, Sicilia, and Sentinel watch. Wi-Fi's eyes flash, as she hints at the powers she could use on the cop. The video then cuts to Iron Maiden throwing a bag of white powder to a young man. She says, "Nothing relevant to the case we are on." He thanks her and runs off giving her a thumbs up. The video cuts to Iron Maiden from a different angle. Guardian Plus leans in and says, "I'm going to pretend that you didn't try to withhold evidence from us."

The video abruptly cuts back to the reporter. He leans forward a little, "Megapolis Police have confirmed that they collaborated with CHIMERA for an ongoing investigation but would not provide any more information. They only said that they, quote, 'do not plan to work with costumed vigilantes in the future'. A CHIMERA spokesperson declined to comment for this story. This will serve as a blow to CHIMERA's attempts to expand its Operation Overlord. No doubt cities around the country will be less likely to sign up."

Amanda turns off the TV. She looks to Trent is staring at the turned off monitor. His head nods as he carefully considers what he thinks for an appropriate response for the team. Amanda sighs and then simply says, "This does not make us look good."

WHAT DO YOU DO?
Lenok
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Lenok »

Perception: 1d100: [51] = 51
JIC 1d20: [3] = 3
JIC 1d100: [6] = 6

Lenok goes with the option of the coma story, picking up where is dimensional twin left off.

Sitting and listening to the meeting, and watching the video, he begins to wonder just how far off is this group from his old one, then remembers they seem to be a few years behind his home, and a different group from what he left. The fact he appeared in the base was a complete shock since he went through the rift back in Japan, the chances he popped out here are astronomical in odds. This Lenok was a bit younger then himself, ~Maybe he wasn't as strong or as mature yet, I did go through a lot in the last few years.~ Looking around the room for a read of faces, expressions, and body language, keeping his face stoic.
Lenok
Wi-Fi
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Wi-Fi »

Perception: 1d100: [24] = 24 / 62%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [15] = 15 | 1d100: [11] = 11

"Oh and Ironmaiden was holding the copy of the footage so I could copy a raw sample to check for anything harmful in terms of viruses and other malicious code before handing it to them. I could do that there on the spot. We have had a villain from the Ultra Guards' city here. The Order did have a base we found when we rescued one of their junior members. I felt it was vital we have a copy of that studio footage as well. I'd rather be ready for when one of Megalopolis's villains decides the grass is greener here than have to wait for a response to a team that may or may not get back to us in time. A few of the fighters and names I heard were ones that operate here in Century Station." Wi-Fi offers.

"But that hardly matters we don't need complaints or blame games. We need solutions and to learn from what happened. Perhaps instead of doing the blame game in a team meeting, we can do this after. As for solutions I have some." Wi-Fi stated plainly.

"How that went down was a perfect example of why CHIMERA should not be in a city like Megalopoplis or Hollywood as they do things here. 'Vigilantes'/Costumed' are not press-friendly and some cities are media heavy. Like Hollywood or Megalopolis. That said I did pick up a few good ideas. Ideas we could use to solve this in the future. Despite Guardian Plus being star-struck and Detective Hoyle and his poor response to powers, they have a good system. They train metahumans among the pros so they learn the ins and outs of police work. This sort of approach of training might help in other ways. Metahumans with healing or medical-based powers would make ideal paramedics, those with fire-based abilities fit well with a fire department...that sort of thing. This also gives the metahuman an idea of what their abilities can do. In this case, if we need to help other cities we can send the formally trained people out instead of costumes like us. Something to consider as an alternative to just costumes like the Omega teams. and if you Spin Doctor the idea right you can win a few points in the media." she pauses.

"As for the MPD, they would be better served with public operatives of Chimera trained similarly to how they train their own and provide a few contacts and suggestions on what they might need to improve their odds. Perhaps give them a recommendation to Orion Robotics and some of Chimera's sources? the ones that are not so top secret? Maybe send some of our own potential heroes there to learn maybe? We have options" she stated.

"Oh, and you may want to find out who released the body cam footage. That is a security leak we can not afford. I recommend Omega suits only worn on duty at this point. The last thing we need is identities revealed. Some people have families and the press does not always care about collateral damage in the face of the truth." Wi-Fi adds looking to Trent and Amanda, "Did you have anything else?"
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
TRS-13

Features:
• 12 attachment points

Omega Field Kit
(2) Dosimeter clip badge
(20) Disposable gloves
(30) Evidence bags
First Aid Kit
Flashlight
Fold-able gas mask
Multitool
(5) Signal flares
(6) Zip ties

Shock Gloves:

OOC Comments
Nest Handgun.gif
Firearms1.png
  • Range:
    • Damage:
      • Shotgun shells:
      • Features:
        Features:
        (pg. 345, Main book)

4. Flashlight
Iron Maiden

Post by Iron Maiden »

Date: Thursday, April 9th, 2043
Weather: Sunny and crisp (62 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 9:00 am

Perception (30%): 1d100: [32] = 32
JIC (d20/d100): 1d20: [7] = 7 / 1d100: [60] = 60
Wi-Fi wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:25 pm "Oh, and you may want to find out who released the body cam footage. That is a security leak we can not afford. I recommend Omega suits only worn on duty at this point. The last thing we need is identities revealed. Some people have families and the press does not always care about collateral damage in the face of the truth." Wi-Fi adds"

Iron Maiden states, "The first question is whose body cam that footage was from. If was from Guardian Plus who took the thumb drive or one of the other officers present, it is out of our jurisdiction. It it was from MY body cam, I want to know how someone got access to it."

She adds, "I think, though I might be mistaken, that we were the only ones present when that particular scene took place."

She sees if she can replay the footage to determine whose cam it was.
Computer Programming to replay the video (61%): 1d100: [52] = 52
OOC Comments
This should be a check on Surveillance Systems, Intelligence, or a Video skill to determine the cinematography. Not having any of those skills, I am forced to give a d100 for the GM to use as required. 1d100: [6] = 6
When she has done what she can there, she asks, "Sicilia, did you get to checking your tablet? Is there a copy of the files on it?"

Iron Maiden comments, "I am not sure what the law is about utilizing powers in a manner like you are suggestion. I know they co-opt vigilantes into the Omegas, but what laws, if any, govern the use of powers in one's daily life?"
Iron Maiden
Natural AR 11

CLOCKWORK WOLF
Natural AR 16
Wi-Fi
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Wi-Fi »

(Rolls preserved)
"The first question is whose body cam that footage was from. If was from Guardian Plus who took the thumb drive or one of the other officers present, it is out of our jurisdiction. It it was from MY body cam, I want to know how someone got access to it."

She adds, "I think, though I might be mistaken, that we were the only ones present when that particular scene took place."
"Regardless of who's it should not be going to the press or internet. we can look into it after with help from official channels as well as internally in the omega system with help from our techs. I am certain our resident tech specialist would like to sort that out considering the nature of our operation as well." she says with a nod to Ironmaiden.

Ironmaiden, was right only the angle of the footage gave her an idea of who's the camera was. if they were leaking body cam footage that was illegal. It takes someone of dubious moral and ethical standing or a very naive and immature individual. she had a few names in mind, but, now was not the moment. Post-meeting she would look into it personally. Bodycam footage showed people on her team without masks or details that could expose them.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
TRS-13

Features:
• 12 attachment points

Omega Field Kit
(2) Dosimeter clip badge
(20) Disposable gloves
(30) Evidence bags
First Aid Kit
Flashlight
Fold-able gas mask
Multitool
(5) Signal flares
(6) Zip ties

Shock Gloves:

OOC Comments
Nest Handgun.gif
Firearms1.png
  • Range:
    • Damage:
      • Shotgun shells:
      • Features:
        Features:
        (pg. 345, Main book)

4. Flashlight
Sicilia

Post by Sicilia »

Perception: 1d100: [90] = 90 / 57% +5% to perceive tactile characteristics
JiC d100: 1d100: [77] = 77 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [2] = 2

Sicilia watches the video clip silently. This certainly doesn't paint us in a good light. We did some rough things, but we did plenty of good too. I'm noticing none of the criminals my investigations helped catch aren't being shown. Still, I can't help but agree with Megapolis one this one. If this was how supers were acting in a city I was in charge of, I wouldn't want them endorsed by my police. We look like a bunch of rookies. Instead of taking that as a bad sign, the snake determines to work on presenting a good image whenever she can.
Wi-Fi wrote:"But that hardly matters we don't need complaints or blame games. We need solutions and to learn from what happened. Perhaps instead of doing the blame game in a team meeting, we can do this after. As for solutions I have some." Wi-Fi stated plainly... "Oh, and you may want to find out who released the body cam footage. That is a security leak we can not afford. I recommend Omega suits only worn on duty at this point. The last thing we need is identities revealed. Some people have families and the press does not always care about collateral damage in the face of the truth." Wi-Fi adds looking to Trent and Amanda, "Did you have anything else?"
Sicilia starts listening to her team lead's words, at first figuring she was trying to explain what they were able to do well. Though it didn't seem to relate fully to what Amanda and Trent were trying to get at, until Wi-Fi mentions not playing the blame game and then later trying to pin the blame on whoever leaked the footage. She blinks at that, the serpent actually looking stunned at the words. Didn't she just say we shouldn't be...?

Everyone in the room can hear her mental reply, This clip is designed to make us look bad, and I agree that the footage shouldn't have been leaked, she starts, But the fact is that if we did nothing wrong at all, that clip wouldn't exist. Instead of shifting blame to whoever leaked the cam footage, maybe we should look at what we did wrong and solutions to fix it?

Due to the nature of her telepathy, the words cut in clearly over other conversations, though the snake does her best not to cut anyone off who was already talking. She pauses for a moment, mulling her words over. Start with an example for how you can improve yourself. Don't be on a high horse. I'm not perfect, and I make mistakes, and should acknowledge that before giving suggestions for others. For example, I went into a meeting with someone who was an inside contact. I was too blunt, and put her off with it. I should have read the situation better, and multiple times I caught myself thinking and acting like a reporter, not a hero.

She looks over to Iron Maiden. Speaking from experience, I understand how easy it is to get caught up in what you're doing, and letting the big objectives overshadow the little things. We've got cameras attached to us, so we should be doing our best to root out crime wherever it is, regardless of how relevant it is to what we're doing. That's how it should be with or without body cams, after all. She doesn't comment on the scene with Guardian Plus, recognizing she doesn't have enough context to say anything about it.

Looking to Wi-Fi, she says, It's frustrating working with people who may not know what you do or don't do things the way you prefer, but losing your cool is never the right response. Seriously, I've seen big shot reporters lose their careers because they made a bad comment in the heat of the moment. Threatening a cop with your powers, in public? That doesn't look good in any context. It doesn't matter if the footage was leaked, that was going to become public knowledge in a matter of days, regardless. You're the team lead. You're not just supposed to be in charge, you're also supposed to be the example. What we should be like and be doing.

The snake does a remarkable job wincing in a fairly human manner, and pulls herself in a touch, realizing she was basically reaming her boss in full view of the team. I- sorry. I'm not trying to be rude, or blame you like you said you didn't want this meeting to be. But we all made mistakes on that mission, and sweeping them under the rug and pointing a finger at a security leak instead doesn't seem like the right call to make. We should be talking about what we did wrong, what we did right, and how we can improve instead. We can look into the security leak after we take care of what made that clip important in the first place.

--
Iron Maiden wrote:When she has done what she can there, she asks, "Sicilia, did you get to checking your tablet? Is there a copy of the files on it?"
The viper shakes her head, letting out a small hiss as she does. Not yet. With the new introductions and the suddenness of Lenok's arrival, I didn't have a chance to look through what you sent me. I can get on that today, while I have the time.

When she has time, Sicilia will follow through on her word, looking through the files transferred over to her by Iron Maiden, taking notes on what seems most important and what seems like filler.

Skill Rolls
Research: 1d100: [51] = 51 / 90% - To look through and determine which files Iron Maiden sent her were important, and mark them for deeper investigation.
Intelligence: 1d100: [43] = 43 / 68% - Investigate the files she finds important, and share them with Chastity when she can.
Sicilia
Gear and Current Status
Quick Stats

Omega Suit v3.1.7
S.D.C.:

Modifiers:

Features:
  • Anti-Tamper system

-Natural A.R. 16
-S.D.C.:
-Impervious to cold

-Weight is tripled
-Fatigues at half rate

Lenok
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Lenok »

Sicilia wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:12 pm The viper shakes her head, letting out a small hiss as she does. Not yet. With the new introductions and the suddenness of Lenok's arrival, I didn't have a chance to look through what you sent me. I can get on that today, while I have the time.

When she has time, Sicilia will follow through on her word, looking through the files transferred over to her by Iron Maiden, taking notes on what seems most important and what seems like filler.
Skill Rolls
Research: 1d100: [51] = 51 / 90% - To look through and determine which files Iron Maiden sent her were important, and mark them for deeper investigation.
Intelligence: 1d100: [43] = 43 / 68% - Investigate the files she finds important, and share them with Chastity when she can.
"I would like to help you on that, give you a extra set of eyes in your search, years of working on the force as a detective myself. If you would like, I leave it up to you."

Skill Rolls if Sicilia accepts his help
Intelligence 1d100: [32] = 32 Investigate the important files.
Research 1d100: [54] = 54 To look through and determine important files.
Law 1d100: [40] = 40 To determine what actual crimes were committed by both sides, and if illegally obtained recordings are useable in law.
Lenok
Wi-Fi
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Wi-Fi »

Scilia wrote:Everyone in the room can hear her mental reply, This clip is designed to make us look bad, and I agree that the footage shouldn't have been leaked, she starts, But the fact is that if we did nothing wrong at all, that clip wouldn't exist. Instead of shifting blame to whoever leaked the cam footage, maybe we should look at what we did wrong and solutions to fix it?

Due to the nature of her telepathy, the words cut in clearly over other conversations, though the snake does her best not to cut anyone off who was already talking. She pauses for a moment, mulling her words over. Start with an example for how you can improve yourself. Don't be on a high horse. I'm not perfect, and I make mistakes, and should acknowledge that before giving suggestions for others. For example, I went into a meeting with someone who was an inside contact. I was too blunt, and put her off with it. I should have read the situation better, and multiple times I caught myself thinking and acting like a reporter, not a hero.

She looks over to Iron Maiden. Speaking from experience, I understand how easy it is to get caught up in what you're doing, and letting the big objectives overshadow the little things. We've got cameras attached to us, so we should be doing our best to root out crime wherever it is, regardless of how relevant it is to what we're doing. That's how it should be with or without body cams, after all. She doesn't comment on the scene with Guardian Plus, recognizing she doesn't have enough context to say anything about it.

Looking to Wi-Fi, she says, It's frustrating working with people who may not know what you do or don't do things the way you prefer, but losing your cool is never the right response. Seriously, I've seen big-shot reporters lose their careers because they made a bad comment in the heat of the moment. Threatening a cop with your powers, in public? That doesn't look good in any context. It doesn't matter if the footage was leaked, that was going to become public knowledge in a matter of days, regardless. You're the team lead. You're not just supposed to be in charge, you're also supposed to be the example. What we should be like and be doing.

The snake does a remarkable job wincing in a fairly human manner, and pulls herself in a touch, realizing she was basically reaming her boss in full view of the team. I- sorry. I'm not trying to be rude, or blame you like you said you didn't want this meeting to be. But we all made mistakes on that mission, and sweeping them under the rug and pointing a finger at a security leak instead doesn't seem like the right call to make. We should be talking about what we did wrong, what we did right, and how we can improve instead. We can look into the security leak after we take care of what made that clip important in the first place.
"A sound ideas and While I can appreciate the ideas and thoughts you have in regards to Bravo. Most of the people here were not on the mission and do not know the exact situation, as well as Bravo, does. That sort of in-field performance review should be with Bravo and those that are relevant to the mission instead of a general team meeting. Judging from an outside view does nothing good, its part of why we have two team leads in the field. If you have any tips or suggestions for Bravo can meet after and I am happy to listen. A general meeting like this is not the time for a Bravo performance review. I would not expect the Alpha team to have, or worse presume, knowledge of an operation and misjudge our work. I am sure the Alpha team would not want us judging their work with in-depth knowledge as well." she clearly says in a polite and professional tone.

"Mutant powers are biological and in anger they sometimes flair up. The true master of a mutant power is controlling it and not doing harm unintentionally. Someone not on that mission or who is not a mutant may not know understand how a mutant power operates or that situation could easily misread that. We will have a Bravo team meeting after. I'll set up a time for today and let you guys know. Brute you are welcome to join as your rank would naturally allow. If anyone on Bravo has concerns or questions on how our field op went we deal with it later." she states.

"you're not being overly rude, you are stating your opinion. I am all for that. just remember what my uncle and old Vigilante leader always said, 'there is a time, person and place for everything. for the record, no leader is perfect. If we only made 'perfect' people leaders there would be no leaders. so take any advice that is good from imperfect people as it was intended." she adds with a smile to the snake.

"For now I am more concerned at present about the leak and the potential damage they can do. That leak can hurt us all. Not just Bravo. We can do PR damage recovery and improve but that will only do so much until we seal the leak. As well, if there is any other overall omega business.'" she tells the roo0m.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
TRS-13

Features:
• 12 attachment points

Omega Field Kit
(2) Dosimeter clip badge
(20) Disposable gloves
(30) Evidence bags
First Aid Kit
Flashlight
Fold-able gas mask
Multitool
(5) Signal flares
(6) Zip ties

Shock Gloves:

OOC Comments
Nest Handgun.gif
Firearms1.png
  • Range:
    • Damage:
      • Shotgun shells:
      • Features:
        Features:
        (pg. 345, Main book)

4. Flashlight

Return to “Century Station: Operation Overlord Adventures”